View Single Post

Thread: General Crowd-funding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Hello playground!

Rich's amazing success with the Order of the Stick Kickstarter program has been on my mind ever since I first saw it, and I've been inspired to follow in his proverbial footsteps (which I suppose are those giant footsteps in the sand up above there). I'm beginning a self-publishing career, and I'm starting with something simple: a short story I'm publishing as an ebook.

I'm holding a Kickstarter fundraiser to raise money to hire a professional cover artist for the ebook. If the project is successful, I'll also be using funds from it to self-publish a full length novel, titled "Manifestation." The short story is currently written, revised, and formatted, and is just in need of a cover. The novel is written and in the process of revisions (I've been working on it for the past year), and will need professional editing and cover art. If the Kickstarter is especially successful, I'll be using some of the funds to hire a professional independent copy editor.

As one of the rewards for the Kickstarter, I'm offering ghostwriting services to backers at certain pledge levels. What this means is that in exchange for your support, I'll write you a story of your choice, which you will own the rights to (meaning you can publish it yourself if you wish).

I'm a professional writer with a degree in the Writing Arts from Rowan University. If you'd like to see samples of my previous writing work before considering backing the project, there are stories posted on my blog. I also have flash fiction short stories posted elsewhere online, as well as a poem published in an online ezine. I've also been doing freelance ghostwriting professionally since I graduated college, though this is my first venture into the self-publishing industry.

If you're interested, take a look, and consider making a pledge. The ebook itself is available for as little as a $1 pledge, so even a small bit of support will be enough.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tock Zipporah; 2013-08-19 at 08:20 PM.