Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

Here's another flight-related issue. It might just be that I wasn't here yet when this was figured out, but how exactly would STR 14 explain Celia carrying Roy? For a Medium creature with this score, a light load is 58 lb. or less and a flying creature can only carry a light load while using its flight speed. She could have Reinforced Wings and Heavyweight WingsRotD and pull it off if a fully clothed Roy weighs less than 175 lb., but taking the latter feat requires a STR score of 15.
As I recall, there was a certain amount of hand-waving involved...or, rather, the general consensus was that it was more palatable to hand-wave one rule than conclude that Rich is just ignoring the rules for encumbrance fro flying creatures.

That is to say that there's maybe a bit of wiggle room in the RAW about whether a flying creature can lift more than a light load into the air, and I think it was decided that STR 14 would let Roy be a heavy load for her (insert dirty joke here).

It's probably cleaner in many ways to just say that OotS has a house rule about flying creatures and what they can carry (and I suspect you could assemble a consensus who agrees that's more likely insofar as any explanation is "true"), but the thread rules generally try to break as few RAW explanations as possible, and if she's weaker than that, she shouldn't be able to lift Roy at all. Although I guess you can lift twice a heavy load off the ground (not flying) and stagger around, so you might be right that there's no particular reason to justify pegging Roy as a heavy load for her when there's one rule that says he should be a light load and another that suggests he could be 2x a heavy load...