1. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Tzardok's Miscellaneous Homebrew Repository

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    Typical for Ash. If I ever get around to converting the negative quasielementals, you'll see this and similiar things for Ash and Salt.
    Gut. Sehr gut.

Sorry, but no. The point of lightning mephits is that they fly faster than any other mephit, but have amongst the worst maneuvaribility. Like lightning, which also moves for the most part in straight lines. Really, if earth mephits weren't meant to be the least maneuvarable mephits, I would have reduced the lightning mephit to clumsy.
    Okay, that's just hilarious.

On the other hand, earth mephits also used to have useless wings and magical flight... nah.
    I'd absolutely make earth's wings vestigial and useless for flight, personally. But alas! (Still, you could suggest dropping their flight to clumsy in the "recommended changes" section and then making lightning's poor.)

Still gives an enhancement bonus. I chose magic fang because I didn't find any 1st level spells associated with crystals and wanted to instead go with the sharpness of Mineral (I would've chosen sharpen if it didn't have such a high level). Any better idea for a 1st level spell-like ability?
    Hrm. I'll look around.

But then they wouldn't be able to drown.
    Ah, you want to keep the ability to drownheal!

I know, right? They really could've fleshed out that plane a lot more. Edit: Maybe I should change the language's name. Umbral is a pretty common term in shadowmagic; I wouldn't want to make it confusing. What do you think about... Tenebral?
    Tenebric. It comes with the added benefit of the etymon having had an actual meaning applicable and applied to language ('vague, incomprehensible, confusing').

Feels a bit like it steps on the toe of the ooze mephit, doesn't it?
    It does. Damn. New idea: the sender wishes to inform or remind the recipient that they are technically on the same side (and therefore the former finds some hostile action taken by the latter baffling)? (I.e. "why are you attacking me, you moron?!")

A bit much overlap with the ash mephit, I think.
    Fair enough. How about this: the sender disapproves of the recipient's allies, alliances or associates and/or generally wants to express the opinion that the recipient's current company "stinks"?

What? Don't like ponies?
    #Herbivory'sNotCute!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-12-03 at 06:17 PM.