1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Vancouver By Night [Vampire the Masquerade V5 Chronicle]

Vancouver
    By Night

Vancouver British Columbia Canada was once a power center for the blood lusting, often barbaric Cainites known as The Sabbat. The Black Hand had the city wrapped in a tight stranglehold for decades. That was until an unlikely alliance between Baron Jacob Raynor and Prince Charlotte Falcone was forged. Together the kindred of the Anarchs and Camarilla drove the Sabbat from the territory. The Sword of Caine, more concerned with matters overseas, all but abandoned the city. None who pledge allegiance to the Black Hand remain as far as anyone knows.

In the aftermath of the conflict, the uneasy truce between the Movement and the Tower remains, for now. Whispers speak of a coming night when the pact will be broken and the sects will reignite their long standing rivalry. For now, a kind of Cold War is taking place with both sides increasing their powerbases in preparation for the coming turmoil. That is where you come in. As a freshly embraced vampire of the Anarch Movement, there is little time to teach you the ways of kindred society before all hell breaks loose. Or perhaps you will be the ones to see the uneasy truce develop into something more substantial and long lasting. Whatever the case may be, the coming nights will be fraught with peril for one so young.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This is an Anarch focused game, so players will belong exclusively to the Anarch sect.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

I'm looking for 4 players. If interest is high enough I'll take on alternates. This wont be a first come first serve selection. I'll be choosing the four characters that I feel will make for the most enjoyable chronicle for everyone.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

These forums, or perhaps a small discord server.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Characters will begin play as freshly embraced Fledglings. The story begins during their first week "on the job."

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

This will be based on your character creation and whether you spend advantage points on it or not.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

This isn't applicable to the system.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

I guess this could apply to clans. I'm open to allowing any of the official clans. Some need more justification than others of course. If your character is Hecata clan please note that would mean they are no longer a member of the Hecata sect. They would have left that sect and joined the Anarchs as this is an Anarch game.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

As normal for a Fledgling vampire. Generation 14, 15, or 16 for Thinbloods.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Alignment isn't really a thing in VTM, but the Chronicle Tenets are as follows:

Do not let anyone harm what is yours or what you love.

Do not cause unnecessary suffering.

Act as a Man, not as a Monster.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Not applicable to the system.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I'll roll for STC's, the players will roll for their characters. All rolls will be above board and done in a dice rolling channel.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Blush of Life lasts for the entire evening, not just one scene. Subsequent predator type feeding rolls increase by 1 each time they are attempted. I have revamped the predator types to include more diversity in bonus disciplines, better feeding dice pools, and skill specialties that always apply to the feeding rolls. You can find the updated predator types in the next post.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, background is required and it somewhat built into the character creation process. Things to think about are what your character was like/did in their mortal life? Why did their sire choose them to be embraced? What are their goals and desires moving forward now that they have immortality? How do they feel about their new condition as an undead blood sucker? etc.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Roleplaying will be the main focus, but there will be plenty of opportunities to solve problems as they arise during the course of the game. There can always be multiple solutions to problems, so it really depends on how the characters choose to handle them whether it's combat or puzzle solving.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

I currently own: Anarch, Camarilla, Chicago by Night, Children of the Blood, Cults of the Blood Gods, Forbidden Religions, Sabbat: The Black Hand, The Chicago Folios, The Fall of London, Trails of Ash and Bone, The V5 Player's Guide, The V5 Core Book, and the V5 Companion. Anything from there that isn't super setting specific (like being a member of the Chicago based Capone Gang for example) should be fine. If you're interested in using something from a book outside that list, you'll need to provide me with it.
    Last edited by Tevin; 2024-03-25 at 12:59 AM.