View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-02, 01:47 PM
Like this?

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/Peace-keeper.png

Yeah.

I like that coat design, I may steal that.. <.<

Iv'e noticed that all the UNoA Peacekeepers seen so far are catgirls.Is this merely coincidence, or is it actual policy?
Coincidence. Plus Skimmer is more or less some kind of shape changer/Fox thing :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 01:54 PM
If I understand correctly, UNA don't posses any military strength, so they have no army. They just hire mercs, right?

If that's true, I'd be glad to join. But a political position along with actual power would be cool, too. But I don't run the UNA, that job is for the epic avvie maker Mad Mask or whoever runs the UNA.

BRC
2009-03-02, 01:58 PM
If I understand corectly, UNA dont posses any military strenght, so they have no army. They just hire mercs, right?
No, here is the way I imagine UNoA millitary
The Navy: An international fighting force. Is sent' in to blow things up that need blowing up For Example, A necromancer is raising an army of undead in percile, the navy goes and blows them up.
The Peacekeepers: More passive than the navy, Peacekeepers are sent into trouble zones to assist local troops. For example, a popular anti-UNoA Schitizan dies (Perhaps accidentally, perhaps the UNIA was involved). Anyway, the Sons of Schitzotec declare a campaign of vengence, the Peacekeepers head to Schitzland to keep thing calm until it blows over.
The UNIA: United Nations Intelligence Agency. Mainly in charge of figuring out who the Navy needs to blow up, the main organization opposing the resistance.
UNoA Security Forces: Essentially, Security Guards. There is no overall organization for them, they are just in charge of defending UNoA structures and personell. May cover anything from Bob the security guard who sit's in a gatehouse watching the Adventures of Rex Lator, and whose main purpose is to open the gate and push a button if he see's something wrong, to elite guards recruited from the Peacekeepers or UNIA to guard VIP's or highly classified research labs.

If any of the above organizations need some additional firepower, they may opt to hire some mercs. In order of likelyhood to hire Mercs, it probably goes Navy (as they could always use some shock troops), Security Forces, Peacekeepers, UNIA (Well, they actually hire quite a few mercs, but usually through dummy organizations. The Mercs rarely if ever know who they are really working for).

Grim ranger
2009-03-02, 02:00 PM
Well, Falgorn, if you will join UNA as merc, welcome to the side with biggest pays! I think we could go to work together, form merc group to better take on the terrorists and then split the rewards in fair shares. Many people in wrong side whine that UNA is not good for the world: rubbish, says I! This will be the biggest payload ever :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 02:01 PM
Well, Falgorn, if you will join UNA as merc, welcome to the side with biggest pays! I think we could go to work together, form merc group to better take on the terrorists and then split the rewards in fair shares. Many people in wrong side whine that UNA is not good for the world: rubbish, says I! This will be the biggest payload ever :smallbiggrin:

Two powerful evil assasains working together. Or neutral. Any alignment, really, but still two strong assassains. Hope to see you on the fields! :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2009-03-02, 02:07 PM
Can I be one of the ghosts? I'd like to be the illusionist.

Sure thing. Make whatever you want.

Damn, now I need to make a different ghost female...

-skimmer-
2009-03-02, 02:11 PM
No, here is the way I imagine UNoA millitary
The Navy: An international fighting force. Is sent' in to blow things up that need blowing up For Example, A necromancer is raising an army of undead in percile, the navy goes and blows them up.
The Peacekeepers: More passive than the navy, Peacekeepers are sent into trouble zones to assist local troops. For example, a popular anti-UNoA Schitizan dies (Perhaps accidentally, perhaps the UNIA was involved). Anyway, the Sons of Schitzotec declare a campaign of vengence, the Peacekeepers head to Schitzland to keep thing calm until it blows over.
The UNIA: United Nations Intelligence Agency. Mainly in charge of figuring out who the Navy needs to blow up, the main organization opposing the resistance.
UNoA Security Forces: Essentially, Security Guards. There is no overall organization for them, they are just in charge of defending UNoA structures and personell. May cover anything from Bob the security guard who sit's in a gatehouse watching the Adventures of Rex Lator, and whose main purpose is to open the gate and push a button if he see's something wrong, to elite guards recruited from the Peacekeepers or UNIA to guard VIP's or highly classified research labs.

If any of the above organizations need some additional firepower, they may opt to hire some mercs. In order of likelyhood to hire Mercs, it probably goes Navy (as they could always use some shock troops), Security Forces, Peacekeepers, UNIA (Well, they actually hire quite a few mercs, but usually through dummy organizations. The Mercs rarely if ever know who they are really working for).

Well, thats not too far from what I thought...but now I fully understand:smallsmile:

Grim ranger
2009-03-02, 02:17 PM
A bit of question regarding to UNA:s personel problems. If some of their units (UNIA agent, Peacekeepers ect.) goes haywire and decides to say, for example, snoop around and gather info he would be better off without, can higher-ups just sign his kill warrant or what kind of punishments are possible in different organizations of UNA?

Mad Mask
2009-03-02, 02:30 PM
A bit of question regarding to UNA:s personel problems. If some of their units (UNIA agent, Peacekeepers ect.) goes haywire and decides to say, for example, snoop around and gather info he would be better off without, can higher-ups just sign his kill warrant or what kind of punishments are possible in different organizations of UNA?

Most of the time, the person will be brainwashed to forget what he gathered, although sometimes the person will be used for top secret experiments, most of them done by Karen Dewey. Or simply there will be a false terrorist attack by the resistance just to cover up the death of the person.

Grim ranger
2009-03-02, 02:53 PM
That figures. I think I have good idea for character concept. Say, someone who worked for UNA (UNIA agent for example), who has been convicted of some action or discovery he made by accident while working for UNA, and forced to run and hiding from agents and mercs out to get him.

Keris
2009-03-02, 02:55 PM
Most of the time, the person will be brainwashed to forget what he gathered, although sometimes the person will be used for top secret experiments, most of them done by Karen Dewey. Or simply there will be a false terrorist attack by the resistance just to cover up the death of the person.

Of course, this never happens, because the UNA has nothing to hide. :smallwink:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-02, 02:58 PM
Got an idea while fixing up my avy. But it didn't turn out so well on paper. Stupid plane, how in the nine hells do you draw a freakin' oots style ww1 fighter?
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm296/kroogle1/Heulgeist.png

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 03:14 PM
Got an idea while fixing up my avy. But it didn't turn out so well on paper. Stupid plane, how in the nine hells do you draw a freakin' oots style ww1 fighter?

I think you nailed it. :smallbiggrin:

-skimmer-
2009-03-02, 03:17 PM
That figures. I think I have good idea for character concept. Say, someone who worked for UNA (UNIA agent for example), who has been convicted of some action or discovery he made by accident while working for UNA, and forced to run and hiding from agents and mercs out to get him.

This somehow reminds me of a legendary game "Deus Ex". Even that organization was called UNATCO:smalltongue:

Keris
2009-03-02, 03:26 PM
This somehow reminds me of a legendary game "Deus Ex". Even that organization was called UNATCO:smalltongue:

Heard the song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8jMn2Kcgs)?

Mina Kobold
2009-03-02, 03:31 PM
:smalleek:, That's many pages while I was at school. So many topics I missed.

By the way: A lot of my characters are subjects of "everyone can die" rule, two will die, one change side, one is already dead, one's crazy (the werewolf's wolf personality is like a friendly dog but his human one is a mass murderer) and some more will end at the UNA.

Besides I'm making wanted posters for some of them (Mass murderer, remember:smalltongue:)

VampireRot
2009-03-02, 03:39 PM
:smalleek:, That's many pages while I was at school. So many topics I missed.

By the way: A lot of my characters are subjects of "everyone can die" rule, two will die, one change side, one is already dead, one's crazy (the werewolf's wolf personality is like a friendly dog but his human one is a mass murderer) and some more will end at the UNA.

Besides I'm making wanted posters for some of them (Mass murderer, remember:smalltongue:)

Yay! A fellow fugative! We should work together so I can betray and then eat you! Errr... I mean we can wreck havoc together. Heheh, thats what I meant.

You had school? Heh, I had snow day. :smallbiggrin:

-skimmer-
2009-03-02, 03:46 PM
Heard the song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8jMn2Kcgs)?

:smallwink:

It's funny because it's true.

Lemming
2009-03-02, 04:00 PM
Since it looks like everyone in the UNA is either a merc or a ghost, I decided they needed more officers: (actually, I decided this a while before, but I was saving it. Oh well.)
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/gnimmel/Avatars/g8929.png

Mina Kobold
2009-03-02, 04:01 PM
Yay! A fellow fugative! We should work together so I can betray and then eat you! Errr... I mean we can wreck havoc together. Heheh, thats what I meant.

You had school? Heh, I had snow day. :smallbiggrin:

Uhm, this guy actually murdered his own dad for no known reason (when he was 17) he really wouldn't even trick you, just kill you right away (why do you think it's the wolf form that's in the criminal monster team) but it woulda been fun (exept, many mean that vampires and werewolfs are enemies)

Keris
2009-03-02, 04:07 PM
Since it looks like everyone in the UNA is either a merc or a ghost, I decided they needed more officers: (actually, I decided this a while before, but I was saving it. Oh well.)
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/gnimmel/Avatars/g8929.png

Which part of the UNA do you intend to be in?
Your uniform resembles the naval uniform, at least in colour. Other branches include the Peacekeepers, which have blue helmets and combat gear, and UNIA.

Lemming
2009-03-02, 04:09 PM
Which part of the UNA do you intend to be in?
Your uniform resembles the naval uniform, at least in colour. Other branches include the Peacekeepers, which have blue helmets and combat gear, and UNIA.

He's in the Navy.

VampireRot
2009-03-02, 04:17 PM
Uhm, this guy actually murdered his own dad for no known reason (when he was 17) he really wouldn't even trick you, just kill you right away (why do you think it's the wolf form that's in the criminal monster team) but it woulda been fun (exept, many mean that vampires and werewolfs are enemies)

Hmmm, fair enough. If you attacked Vampire Rot on sight though, he would fight back. He may not have killed his father at age 17, (I have an idea for backstory but haven't written it yet) but he is a physcopath who enjoys the killing and/or torturing of others. In fact, I have an example of what he does for fun:

Image in spoiler contains stick figure gore.
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/Ididntdoit.png

I have too much time on my hands, someone advance the plot or something!

Keris
2009-03-02, 04:18 PM
He's in the Navy.
Naval Uniforms:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fi/unauniforms.png
Be aware that the Navy won't be doing much to counter the Resistance, and so will have little plot impact until something big happens.

Lemming
2009-03-02, 04:44 PM
I know, but i just gave him a great coat, boots and a hat in the picture.
Without them, I find he looks kinda blech:
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/gnimmel/Avatars/g3386.png
Yes he's bald. Live with it.

And I don't mind about not influencing the plot much. Lets me have more fun.:smalltongue:

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 05:10 PM

It's because mercs are generally cooler...in my opinion at least

BRC
2009-03-02, 05:22 PM
I decided the UNoA wasn't near Sinister enough. But since their current plan was primarily to get people to like them, there wasn't much room for sinister activities, as those would work against that goal. Until I had a very very awesome idea. May I present, Them

“People don’t believe the Truth, the Truth is what people believe”
-Grandfather, Their director.
“That’s what They say” used to be merely an expression, and most think it still is. However, during the age of the UNoA, “They” has an alternate meaning. Put simply, They are a covert organization dedicated to controlling public opinion of the UNoA. They have people and influence in most media outlets, Their agents are strategically placed in communities to spread the appropriate rumors. If there is an accident, or a Resistance attack, They can have a team of specially trained and sympathetic looking “Victims” on the scene within an hour to describe how scared they were, and express gratitude to the UNoA for saving them. They are behind everything from “The Adventures of Rex Lator” to the headlines on page one.
One of “Their” greatest achievements is “INSincere”. INSincere is supposedly an anonymously published underground newsletter dedicated to revealing the truth about the UNoA. Ironically enough, they DO occasionally publish true stories about questionable UNoA activities. However, because the vast majority of their stories are written as insane and illogical conspiracy theories (INSincere has claimed that everything from a Peacekeeper recruitment drive to a local sports championship match is part of a sinister scheme by the UNoA). The result is that INSincere, and anybody who believes it’s poorly spelled and uncited stories, have become laughable. In fact, much of it’s distribution is to people buying it for entertainment purposes. The end result is that is “They” want to cover something up, all they have to do is have INSincere publish an account of it, thereby discrediting it for the populace. It also hides Their existence. When people suggest that the media is being manipulated by some organization, the argument is often “If such an organization existed, how is INSincere still going? They would have shut that subversive newsletter down long ago.”
They are led by a man known only as “Grandfather” who reports directly to Ins, and work closely with the UNIA. In fact, many UNIA agents are one of Them, and Their orders take precedence over any given to them by the UNIA. Grandfather is also one of the few people with the right to give orders to the Ghosts, most frequently the Enchantment ghost. Although technically his position doesn't really exist, Grandfather wields considerable authority within the UNoA government. It's said that even Karen Dewey fears crossing Grandfather, of course, you must wonder who is saying that...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/THEM.png
Possible Idea: Maybe “Grandfather” should also be the director of the UNIA, with Them being a separate branch of the UNIA dedicated to controlling public opinion rather than standard intelligence operations.

What do you think?
Also, I think I may make an FFF comic tonight.

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 05:29 PM
I decided the UNoA wasn't near Sinister enough. But since their current plan was primarily to get people to like them, there wasn't much room for sinister activities, as those would work against that goal. Until I had a very very awesome idea. May I present, Them

“People don’t believe the Truth, the Truth is what people believe”
-Grandfather, Their director.
“That’s what They say” used to be merely an expression, and most think it still is. However, during the age of the UNoA, “They” has an alternate meaning. Put simply, They are a covert organization dedicated to controlling public opinion of the UNoA. They have people and influence in most media outlets, Their agents are strategically placed in communities to spread the appropriate rumors. If there is an accident, or a Resistance attack, They can have a team of specially trained and sympathetic looking “Victims” on the scene within an hour to describe how scared they were, and express gratitude to the UNoA for saving them. They are behind everything from “The Adventures of Rex Lator” to the headlines on page one.
One of “Their” greatest achievements is “INSincere”. INSincere is supposedly an anonymously published underground newsletter dedicated to revealing the truth about the UNoA. Ironically enough, they DO occasionally publish true stories about questionable UNoA activities. However, because the vast majority of their stories are written as insane and illogical conspiracy theories (INSincere has claimed that everything from a Peacekeeper recruitment drive to a local sports championship match is part of a sinister scheme by the UNoA). The result is that INSincere, and anybody who believes it’s poorly spelled and uncited stories, have become laughable. In fact, much of it’s distribution is to people buying it for entertainment purposes. The end result is that is “They” want to cover something up, all they have to do is have INSincere publish an account of it, thereby discrediting it for the populace. It also hides Their existence. When people suggest that the media is being manipulated by some organization, the argument is often “If such an organization existed, how is INSincere still going? They would have shut that subversive newsletter down long ago.”
They are led by a man known only as “Grandfather” who reports directly to Ins, and work closely with the UNIA. In fact, many UNIA agents are one of Them, and Their orders take precedence over any given to them by the UNIA. Grandfather is also one of the few people with the right to give orders to the Ghosts, most frequently the Enchantment ghost. Although technically his position doesn't really exist, Grandfather wields considerable authority within the UNoA government. It's said that even Karen Dewey fears crossing Grandfather, of course, you must wonder who is saying that...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/THEM.png
Possible Idea: Maybe “Grandfather” should also be the director of the UNIA, with Them being a separate branch of the UNIA dedicated to controlling public opinion rather than standard intelligence operations. What do you think?

Quite good. You should get a counter-Them team called Us.

VampireRot
2009-03-02, 05:37 PM
Since a criminal with a high bounty on his head might get killed by the money-hungry mercs or the peace-hungry peacekeepers, I think I'm going to make a charecter on the resistence's side!

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 05:38 PM
Since a criminal with a high bounty on his head might get killed by the money-hungry mercs or the peace-hungry peacekeepers, I think I'm going to make a charecter on the resistence's side!

Just remember- As long as my character is on the UNoA, he'll remember you from those canon appearances. Just a thought, ponder it for a while.

BRC
2009-03-02, 05:45 PM
Quite good. You should get a counter-Them team called Us.
But then what would They call Themselves?

VampireRot
2009-03-02, 05:49 PM
Just remember- As long as my character is on the UNoA, he'll remember you from those canon appearances. Just a thought, ponder it for a while.

You mean Vampire Rot? He a major criminal with a rather huge bounty on his head. Anyone with a rank on the UNoA's side and all mercenaries will know what he looks like. (he posed for a picture with someone's severed head) Here is his Wanted Poster:
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/Wanted-VampireRot.png

If you mean the new charecter I'm making, hes going to appear in F1.

Nameless
2009-03-02, 05:54 PM
Naval Uniforms:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fi/unauniforms.png
Be aware that the Navy won't be doing much to counter the Resistance, and so will have little plot impact until something big happens.

More and more people appear to be using shading now.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-02, 05:58 PM

I think you just need to change the propeller and it's perfect.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 06:08 PM
That's hilarious. Those are pictures I've posted on the forum. My signature got them into the google search.

And my sig got something I didn't want spread on the internet onto google. yay me.

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=BRC;5843042]But then what would They call Themselves?[/QU

Simple. They wouldn't refer to Themselves. If it is a top-secret organization, this shouldn't be hard. Any information leaked could be bad for Them, and I think that They would go by the "Trust no one" rules, the ones that mercanieries typically use. That is my best suggestion.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 06:21 PM
Is it ok if I make one last character for the resistance? I was in bed last night when I thought of an adorable little char concept. :smallsmile: It's from an old online MMORPG I used to play. You can call her Ami. In the game her "race" is basically a little girl from the woods that never grows old and influences animals. *maybe skimmer and tiff? Who knows... yet?)

BRC
2009-03-02, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=BRC;5843042]But then what would They call Themselves?[/QU

Simple. They wouldn't refer to Themselves. If it is a top-secret organization, this shouldn't be hard. Any information leaked could be bad for Them, and I think that They would go by the "Trust no one" rules, the ones that mercanieries typically use. That is my best suggestion.
I'm talking about within the organization. For example, Grandfather is talking to one of his subordinates, how do they refer to Them.

As for how secret Them is. Their existence is known within the upper levels of the UNA government, and within the UNIA. Although few people know much information about Them. Mostly people just know enough so that if somebody says "I'm one of Them" people know to listen up. Most people who know about Them know They are a covert division, and may know They are primarily concerned with controlling public opinion. After that, not many people outside of the organization know much in the way of details. As the head of the navy, Fleet Admiral Dewey knows a decent amount about Them, though only Grandfather, his immediate subordinates, and Ins know the full scale of Their operations and influence.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-02, 06:27 PM

I think you just need to change the propeller and it's perfect.

VampireRot
2009-03-02, 06:32 PM
My other charecter for F1 is done. I give you Daniel Enthol: A neutral evil wizard who uses mostly illusion and necromancy spells. He is a minor criminal in the UNA's view and has joined the resistance rather than become a lone criminal like Vampire Rot. He has many secrets, but I'm not going to tell you them cause they're secrets. :smalltongue::smallwink:
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/DanielEnthol.png

Keris
2009-03-02, 06:36 PM
-snippety snip-
What do you think?
Also, I think I may make an FFF comic tonight.
While the idea of a dedicated propaganda agency is interesting, could it be more integrated into UNIA? After all, they are working for the goals of the UNoA, not Ins's goals.
'Grandfather' could be a high-ranking UNIA officer in charge of the division, and closer ties with UNIA could assist in both gauging public reaction and supplying information for the stories 'They' tell.
...also, I'm having trouble not suggesting that we name the branches of UNIA in a similar manner to Norsefire.

More and more people appear to be using shading now.

That was drawn by MM, not me. But I do use some shading. As do you.

*maybe skimmer and tiff? Who knows... yet?)

Heck no! Influencing Kemonomimi is my job.

BRC
2009-03-02, 06:49 PM
While the idea of a dedicated propaganda agency is interesting, could it be more integrated into UNIA? After all, they are working for the goals of the UNoA, not Ins's goals.
'Grandfather' could be a high-ranking UNIA officer in charge of the division, and closer ties with UNIA could assist in both gauging public reaction and supplying information for the stories 'They' tell.
...also, I'm having trouble suggesting that we name the branches of UNIA in a similar manner to Norsefire.

Hence my idea that Grandfather should the head of the UNIA as well (I don't think the position was already taken), while They are just a division. And yes They would work fairly closely with the UNIA, though with more secrecy, as if word of Their existence got out it would totally undermine Their purpose. Many of Their agents would also serve as standard UNIA operatives, although with a secondary purpose. And alot of UNIA agents may work for or with Them without knowing They exist.
Mind you, on the other hand, even if word of Their existence got out, people probably wouldn't believe it, but They can't take the chances. The UNIA is expected to have a covert force to fight the resistance, it's not expected to have a covert force to control global opinion by controlling the media.
As for the name, I just like the idea, plus it was based off me wonder who "They" were in "That's what They say". It also makes it difficult for anybody to figure out about Them. For example, lets say Ven taps into a UNIA communication, and hears that "They want person X dead", the assumption is going to be that the word is simply being used as a pronoun.

Nameless
2009-03-02, 06:54 PM
...also, I'm having trouble suggesting that we name the branches of UNIA in a similar manner to Norsefire.

That was drawn by MM, not me. But I do use some shading. As do you.

Heck no! Influencing Kemonomimi is my job.

Yeah well I've always done shading. :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2009-03-02, 06:55 PM
Hence my idea that Grandfather should the head of the UNIA as well.

Would he be there in FFF, if so, where? (I'm going to join the UNIA in FFF.)

Keris
2009-03-02, 07:01 PM
Hence my idea that Grandfather should the head of the UNIA as well (I don't think the position was already taken), while They are just a division.
But UNIA isn't a covert agency in itself, their goals are fairly well known (Protecting the internal security of the UNA), so they would have a openly recognised leader, if indeed they have a single leader. And I would like to come up with the leader figure, as I did come up with UNIA.

Mind you, on the other hand, even if word of Their existence got out, people probably wouldn't believe it, but They can't take the chances. The UNIA is expected to have a covert force to fight the resistance, it's not expected to have a covert force to control global opinion by controlling the media.
Put an article "exposing" a secret media control network in INSecure. :P

As for the name, I just like the idea, plus it was based off me wonder who "They" were in "That's what They say". It also makes it difficult for anybody to figure out about Them. For example, lets say Ven taps into a UNIA communication, and hears that "They want person X dead", the assumption is going to be that the word is simply being used as a pronoun.
Yeah, the names in V for Vendetta are interesting, but not really suitable. Still interesting though.

Would he be there in FFF, if so, where? (I'm going to join the UNIA in FFF.)
UNIA isn't around in FFF.

BRC
2009-03-02, 07:16 PM
But UNIA isn't a covert agency in itself, their goals are fairly well known (Protecting the internal security of the UNA), so they would have a openly recognised leader, if indeed they have a single leader. And I would like to come up with the leader figure, as I did come up with UNIA.

While their existence is recognized, they are still a covert agency in terms of their actions and personel. And they could have a figurehead leader for the resistance to shoot at, while somebody else does the real work. But if you want to come up with a leader figure, whether he is equal to Grandfather in power, or his immediate superior/supervisor guy, that works.

Zerglinkeke
2009-03-02, 07:49 PM
This is a question of balance but how powerful are other peoples characters, i dont know if theyborder on epic magic or if they are mere begginers.

EDIT: Also if possible could i be another transmutation ghost?

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 07:49 PM
Tis' Otter gal! See last page for the "race". She's a... Should she be a wizard, or a sorceress?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g230.png

Lemming
2009-03-02, 07:53 PM
...are those pants see-through...:smalleek:

Maybe she should be a divine caster.

Mad Mask
2009-03-02, 07:55 PM
This is a question of balance but how powerful are other peoples characters? Are they bordering on epic magic or mere begginers?

Your powerfulness is your choice, which is why we have a lot of omnipotent beings, gods, demigods, incredibly powerful beings composed of pure magic, super-powered wizards, most of which are immortal in Fat Fish Fury, although it is discouraged to make such characters. On the other hand, in Future Imperfect, you cannot have any type of deity or overpowered being, because we review each character before anybody enters the plot.

Zerglinkeke
2009-03-02, 08:03 PM
So before we enter should i just pm or post the character to see if its ok?

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 08:05 PM
...are those pants see-through...:smalleek:

Maybe she should be a divine caster.

Her "race" Was based off something from a game I used to play. I changed it a little though. :smallwink: Everyone of her race is a certain kind of "animal" Ami, my character, is an otter. They can turn into there "animal" and also can can change the decisions of there "animal". The're all small. Because of these traits, There favored classes are druid, cleric, fighter, and sorcerrer. Ami is a druid. Oh, and I may show some of her sisters/ brothers talking with her and teaming up with her.

The Gremlin
2009-03-02, 08:09 PM
Okay. This really, really sucks.
See, as one could see on the Remember forums, I posted my comic because I couldn't reach these ones. I asked for someone to repost it here. But even though a bunch of people were reading the topic, nobody did. So now CA's comic messes mine up. Unless he adds me in there. And the penguin. :smallannoyed:
EDIT: Just realized that some people DID reply, they just didn't repost it.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 08:16 PM
Okay. This really, really sucks.
See, as one could see on the Remember forums, I posted my comic because I couldn't reach these ones. I asked for someone to repost it here. But even though a bunch of people were reading the topic, nobody did. So now CA's comic messes mine up. Unless he adds me in there. And the penguin. :smallannoyed:
EDIT: Just realized that some people DID reply, they just didn't repost it.

I thought the penguin was declaired none cannon...

Lemming
2009-03-02, 08:19 PM
Ami is a druid.

Then why did you ask if she should be a wizard or sorceress? Druids are divine casters.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 08:21 PM
Then why did you ask if she should be a wizard or sorceress? Druids are divine casters.

:smallredface: (but not smiling.)

The Gremlin
2009-03-02, 08:22 PM

Nah, he just started to say it was because people were imposing their opinions on him. Until it is officially declared Non Canon, it is considered canon. :smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-02, 09:28 PM
*rocks back and forth till' someone posts.*

Lemming
2009-03-02, 10:02 PM
You still haven't said why her pants are see-through.

SinisterPenguin
2009-03-02, 10:15 PM

Nah, he just started to say it was because people were imposing their opinions on him. Until it is officially declared Non Canon, it is considered canon. :smallannoyed:

Well, I think I'll stay in FFF for now, until Future Imperfect starts. I'll just avoid getting in anyone's way or causing any changes in the plot. So, yeah, I'll keep it canon, if that's okay with everyone.

Darklord Bright
2009-03-02, 10:40 PM
You still haven't said why her pants are see-through.
There's a type of desert-style clothing that is made with a translucent cloth. I'm assuming that he was going for that. She's clearly wearing underwear anyways, so it doesn't really matter. That sort of clothing was usually worn by dancers, because of how it flowed.

BRC
2009-03-02, 11:33 PM
Hey, A Comic, that actually starts this whole "Attack on the Shade's Fortress" Thingy! The Centurion Detta dosn't fly naturally, it's still operating under Lying's Mass fly spell.

The Gremlin
2009-03-03, 10:10 AM
Vampire?
You are going down. As soon as I find an offensive Divination spell which affects undead.:smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2009-03-03, 12:19 PM
Wanted posters for some of "The monstrous" complete with commentairy:smallsmile:, try guessing who.

Sam
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9996/wanted1.png

I've never tought the world would get so bad that I would end as a wanted criminal. Seems I was wrong.

Faquarl alias Pyro
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9800/wanted2.png

I knew they would hunt me since I got free, apparently mortals dislike free spirits

John Garde alias Remus
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/373/wanted3.png

Every time I watch this I'm reminded why I'm fleeing, I can never live a normal life with him inside me

Threeshades
2009-03-03, 12:32 PM
Quick! I need an unedited photo of Nameless!

Nameless
2009-03-03, 12:47 PM
LAWL'z, Threeshades posted a comic.

Grim ranger
2009-03-03, 01:11 PM
Thank for all those wanted posters, guys! That gives me pretty solid ideas after whom I will be going on spare time... :smallamused:

-skimmer-
2009-03-03, 01:27 PM
FFF canon boredom

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/VsSalmon133.png

Huh, what? Does this mean we will really be involved into fight with shades? I thought that knight is just a smart distraction how hold newbies out of the main plot:smalleek:

Shades of Gray
2009-03-03, 01:32 PM
All of us not under the mass fly spell are fighting shades. We're making sure they don't bother the mass fly group and their fight with TS.

Hence why Oliver is not mass flying, he's gonna make sure his old friend can die without being bothered... I mean fight without bother... yeah.

BRC
2009-03-03, 01:55 PM
Even those under the Mass Fly can still fight shade minions. Check my latest comic, for those of you wondering, Boatmode Ven fired 2 shots, one explosive shell (To make a hole) and other Projector Shell (Carrying some solider detta's. He only has a few projector shells, but averting a shadepocolypse is a worthy enough cause to use them). Ven then moved in with flying soldier dettas and the Centurion Detta (Under the Mass Fly spell)

Falgorn
2009-03-03, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Falgorn;5843162]
I'm talking about within the organization. For example, Grandfather is talking to one of his subordinates, how do they refer to Them.

As for how secret Them is. Their existence is known within the upper levels of the UNA government, and within the UNIA. Although few people know much information about Them. Mostly people just know enough so that if somebody says "I'm one of Them" people know to listen up. Most people who know about Them know They are a covert division, and may know They are primarily concerned with controlling public opinion. After that, not many people outside of the organization know much in the way of details. As the head of the navy, Fleet Admiral Dewey knows a decent amount about Them, though only Grandfather, his immediate subordinates, and Ins know the full scale of Their operations and influence.
Okay, so there is no counter-team. I was making the assumption that the UNoA didn't know about this team, and that they made a counter-strikeforce. If this team is UNoA owned and operated, then no counter team is necessary.

Threeshades
2009-03-03, 03:37 PM
Huh, what? Does this mean we will really be involved into fight with shades? I thought that knight is just a smart distraction how hold newbies out of the main plot:smalleek:

i thought it was just there to be silly and annoying. :smallamused:

Mad Mask
2009-03-03, 03:41 PM
@Threeshades: I've always wanted to ask you this: what do the Big Bad Shades look like ? Please respond.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-03, 03:45 PM
@Grim Ranger: Don't kill my characters (yet) I have plans (in early comics) for them that might end with you NOT being able to kill them:smallfrown:. Besides, one's made of fire, ones dead already and one's crazy enough that he'll break his OWN hands to get out of chains, just for killing you (he would continue long enough to enshame even epic babarians, smilling till you're all dead or he've lost 7 liters of blood:smallamused:)

Wreckingrocc
2009-03-03, 03:55 PM
Well, as for characters, each major character needs to be individually applied to be able to participate. That means, with a high level-mage, he'll have to have either a very unique feel or he'll be denied. We have many already, but we'll accept him if he's unique enough.

As for the wanted posters, I think the UNA is offering way too much money for the apprehension of criminals. I'm not sure what the money amounts to, but Igon, the leader of the resistance, has a bounty of ~23,000,000 upside-down Ts. The criminals, on the other hand, have almost as much. Let's compare this to World War II. Igon is a good representation of Hitler, in the eyes of the UNA. He's leading a terrible organization bent on destroying your nation, and he has to be stopped. If the leader is apprehended, most of the structure will crumble. Sure, he's currently poisoned and crazy, but still; many members of the UNA do not know that, and it'd cause a huge moral boost for them, as well as a morale drop for the resistance. In addition, they lose their figurehead, who many depended on.

These criminals, on the other hand, may be very powerful; however, they are only killing simple civilians. These can easily be covered up, and I doubt governments in the real world would pay such a high value for the head of one of them; especially if you compare the 23,000,000 to the value of a powerful leader's head; 20,000,000 is an outrageously high sum. I'd recommend maxing out at about 750,000 for outcasts/criminals, and maxing out at 5,000,000 for any high-ranking member of the resistance aside from Igon or the leaders of any divisions. The leaders may go for as high as 10,000,000 apiece.

Falgorn
2009-03-03, 04:28 PM
Is there any particular uniform for someone of high rank in the UNIA? Please respond.

Keris
2009-03-03, 05:01 PM
Is there any particular uniform for someone of high rank in the UNIA? Please respond.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/ABR/LyleV1.png

Lower ranks have silver details on their uniform, even lower ranks don't have trim.
Higher ranks will be created when I get around to it. And not before.

The Gremlin
2009-03-03, 05:10 PM
:smallannoyed:
You know, TS, you may be important in FFF I, and you may have been around for a while, but that doesn't mean that you are the center of everything. You could try showing at least one of the many people around the knight. Whenever you make a comic, it seems to be full of god-modding and killing other guys, and acting like nobody but the main characters matter. You're only important in one plot, that doesn't mean you are above the rules. :smallannoyed:

Falgorn
2009-03-03, 05:11 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/ABR/LyleV1.png

Lower ranks have silver details on their uniform, even lower ranks don't have trim.
Higher ranks will be created when I get around to it. And not before.

Thanks. I'll get to work on my UNIA guy.

VampireRot
2009-03-03, 05:34 PM
I have remade my wanted poster with the old-parchment look even though they are most likely made with copying machines. (Modern technology folks) I even gave it a back for information. I also did one for Daniel Enthol.

Vampire Rot
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/Wanted-VampireRot-1.png
:smalleek: *gasp* :smalleek: Whats this?! A trifle of backstory? Plus: :smallmad:KILL THE KOBOLDS!:smallmad:

Daniel Enthol
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/Wanted-DanielEnthol.png :smalleek: Even more backstory! A break in to a vault while the crazy Vampire who hates everyone kills all distracts authorities? Is it coincidence?! I think not!

This message is brought to you by Them. They're real!

Keris
2009-03-03, 05:49 PM
I have remade my wanted poster with the old-parchment look even though they are most likely made with copying machines. (Modern technology folks) I even gave it a back for information. I also did one for Daniel Enthol.

Industrial revolution/steampunk technology.

Lemming
2009-03-03, 05:54 PM
You know, TS, you may be important in FFF I, and you may have been around for a while, but that doesn't mean that you are the center of everything. You could try showing at least one of the many people around the knight. Whenever you make a comic, it seems to be full of god-modding and killing other guys, and acting like nobody but the main characters matter. You're only important in one plot, that doesn't mean you are above the rules. :smallannoyed:

Good thing the black knight isn't dead then. :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-03-03, 06:00 PM
Good thing the black knight isn't dead then. :smallbiggrin:

Unlike my old character. :smallannoyed:

Lemming
2009-03-03, 06:08 PM
Unlike my old character. :smallannoyed:

What happened to him? :smallconfused:

VampireRot
2009-03-03, 06:26 PM
Industrial revolution/steampunk technology.

Well, the printing press was made during the Industrial Revolution. So maybe not the copying machines of today, but a printing press would work. I'm also not exactly clear what steampunk technology spans. But there's something that confuses me at technology level.
[/startrant]The Sovices are space nanites, or robotss made of space nanites (I'm not that sure). Right now, nanites are beyond modern technology. While most of Avboray may have Industrial Revolution/steampunk technology, the higher-ups of the UNA (like Ins. who is Igon's body possesed by the spirit of a sovice) could have really advanced technology. But the technology of this future seems to have been going down, to the extent that BEFORE FFF's time (in the Age of Dragons), the Schizotec (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Schizotec) had better technology than the future. (don't say thay had just muskets with bayonets, they also had robots, airships, and bombs) Also, Almighty Salmon came back from the future with cyborg implants and used a time machine to do so. (I'm assuming it is the same future in F1, though it may be even later in that future) How does a future that is ruled by microscopic robots from space have relatively primitive technology?[/endrant]

Keris
2009-03-03, 06:59 PM
The Sovices are space nanites, or robotss made of space nanites (I'm not that sure). Right now, nanites are beyond modern technology.
Space Nanites that build robot constructs by replicating themselves in a Grey Goo scenario.

While most of Avboray may have Industrial Revolution/steampunk technology, the higher-ups of the UNA (like Ins. who is Igon's body possesed by the spirit of a sovice) could have really advanced technology. But the technology of this future seems to have been going down, to the extent that BEFORE FFF's time (in the Age of Dragons), the Schizotec (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Schizotec) had better technology than the future. (don't say thay had just muskets with bayonets, they also had robots, airships, and bombs)
While the Sovice undoubtedly have the ability to create advanced technology, they have been limiting the rate of technological growth of Avbaroy a level less likely to cause mass disturbances. If they give a bunch of farmers robots, then things will go wrong. So they give them steam powered farm implements instead.
Parts of Avbaroy have a higher technology level for various reasons, Schizotec has relied on archaeology to dig up working examples of a technology from a long past age that they don't fully understand. In fact the name "Schizotec" refers to the strange blend of technology levels within the nation.
Amarnea has developed its own technology to a near modern level with ancient records from the same bygone age, but it has stagnated here, as a gap appears in the records to large for them to cross.
And the principle cities of the UNA are at a modern level of technology so as to facilitate the bureaucratic system there. However, much of this technology is only used for internal UNA usage, and older technologies are still abundant.

Tl;dr: UNA has high tech, in limited amounts. Most places are stuck with Industrial Revolution technology.

Also, Almighty Salmon came back from the future with cyborg implants and used a time machine to do so. (I'm assuming it is the same future in F1, though it may be even later in that future) How does a future that is ruled by microscopic robots from space have relatively primitive technology?[/endrant]

Almighty Salmon came back from several thousand years in the future. And whether that is the same future as FI is headed to is unclear, as we don't know what effects he's having on the timestream.
FI is taking place 15 years after FFF, and the space robots are still trying to unite Avbaroy fully before they go on to do who knows what. Probably build more orphanages, or something.

VampireRot
2009-03-03, 07:26 PM
Tl;dr: UNA has high tech, in limited amounts. Most places are stuck with Industrial Revolution technology.

Ahh, I see now. But this means that the wanted posters could be made by copying machines! Cause its the UNA that makes them, and they have some high tech. Since they are trying to bring peace to the world, it makes sense this high tech isn't all lazer guns. That means stuff like computers and copying machines for the UNIA, Them, and other UNA agencies. Unless you want to cripple them. Ins. needs a refrigerator too!

Wreckingrocc
2009-03-03, 07:35 PM
@Vamp: Much better. I think that qualifies as an application, as well; you have my vote :smallsmile:

Keris
2009-03-03, 07:37 PM
Ahh, I see now. But this means that the wanted posters could be made by copying machines! Cause its the UNA that makes them, and they have some high tech. Since they are trying to bring peace to the world, it makes sense this high tech isn't all lazer guns. That means stuff like computers and copying machines for the UNIA, Them, and other UNA agencies. Unless you want to cripple them. Ins. needs a refrigerator too!

The majority of the UNA will still be using parchment, and since it wouldn't be very efficient to either put a copying machine and paper mill in every city, they would still print WANTED posters with more traditional methods.

But yes, UNIA and other branches of the UNA have computers and similar machines. They don't flaunt them much in the face of less developed (technologically) nations or organisations though.

Also, Ins might well have a refrigerator, Lyle certainly does, but I'm not sure if Ins actually eats. He is a corpse controlled by a robot sentience remember.

Zerglinkeke
2009-03-03, 07:39 PM
Since the UNA and the sovice work together do they get the same tech?(this is the higher up levels of course)

And even if it was industrial revolution they must have the simple printing machine, i think they could still print them although less convinient.

Keris
2009-03-03, 07:44 PM
Since the UNA and the sovice work together do they get the same tech?

While the Sovice undoubtedly have the ability to create advanced technology, they have been limiting the rate of technological growth of Avbaroy a level less likely to cause mass disturbances. If they give a bunch of farmers robots, then things will go wrong. So they give them steam powered farm implements instead.
Parts of Avbaroy have a higher technology level for various reasons, Schizotec has relied on archaeology to dig up working examples of a technology from a long past age that they don't fully understand. In fact the name "Schizotec" refers to the strange blend of technology levels within the nation.
Amarnea has developed its own technology to a near modern level with ancient records from the same bygone age, but it has stagnated here, as a gap appears in the records to large for them to cross.
And the principle cities of the UNA are at a modern level of technology so as to facilitate the bureaucratic system there. However, much of this technology is only used for internal UNA usage, and older technologies are still abundant.

Just four posts up. Read at least the latest page before asking questions, would ya?

Lemming
2009-03-03, 07:47 PM
Since the UNA and the sovice work together do they get the same tech?(this is the higher up levels of course)

And even if it was industrial revolution they must have the simple printing machine, i think they could still print them although less convinient.

No (see above posts). The sovice are a race of SPACE ROBOTS! (YAY!:smallbiggrin:) but steam-punk/industrial revolution type stuff doesn't include robots (Or does it? Maybe a race of super computers were made during WWII and kept secret from us. :smalleek::smalltongue:).

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-03, 07:49 PM
*face comes of and an alien runs out* EEJUTA!

Keris
2009-03-03, 07:52 PM
Steam-punk/industrial revolution type stuff doesn't include robots (Or does it? Maybe a race of super computers were made during WWII and kept secret from us. :smalleek::smalltongue:).

WWII is nowhere near Steampunk. Steampunk is, well, steam based. You can get steampunk robots, but the usually use a human brain, and aren't around in Avbaroy. It's not that steampunk.

They have printing presses, but no photocopiers.

Szilard
2009-03-03, 07:52 PM
I will make a comic today, if I don't you all can random kill me.

Zerglinkeke
2009-03-03, 08:17 PM
Here we are, something from the New Sovice Empire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/05Imperialfleetinorbit.png
So anyone on the UNA side wont be riding one of these bad boys.:smallfrown:

Lemming
2009-03-03, 08:23 PM
WWII is nowhere near Steampunk. Steampunk is, well, steam based. You can get steampunk robots, but the usually use a human brain, and aren't around in Avbaroy. It's not that steampunk.

I was thinking more industrial revolution than steam-punk, but I realized after that WWI is closer than WWII is. Plus the robot thing was a joke (I meant in real life, not Avbaroy).

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-03, 08:34 PM
Were's the resistance base located?

The Gremlin
2009-03-03, 08:49 PM
What happened to him? :smallconfused:

I had an old character, a cloaker mage. He wasn't my main character, but he approached the Shades with a deal. TS god-modded him to death. :smallannoyed:

Lemming
2009-03-03, 09:06 PM
I had an old character, a cloaker mage. He wasn't my main character, but he approached the Shades with a deal. TS god-modded him to death. :smallannoyed:

You mean this?

Okay now, that one was kinda annoying.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/VsSalmon98.png
Hmmm... I see what you mean... Fayte (he got better)and Master Ranger (he had it coming) also kinda got one-shoted. I guess the shades are the main villains and need to kept dangerous though. All I can say is that I'm happy I'm not planning on actually fighting the three.

The Gremlin
2009-03-03, 09:10 PM
You mean this?

Hmmm... I see what you mean... Fayte (he got better)and Master Ranger (he had it coming) also kinda got one-shoted. I guess the shades are the main villains and need to kept dangerous though. All I can say is that I'm happy I'm not planning on actually fighting the three.

He was making a deal which was completely in their favor. It's my opinion that TS was just getting self-absorbed and didn't want to compromise her importance. Either that, or she was just too lazy to draw a comic accepting.
/rant

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-03, 09:32 PM
Were's the resistance base located?

this again. :smallfrown:

Szilard
2009-03-03, 09:43 PM
My ABR comic is finally up, also I made myself a new avatar.

BRC
2009-03-03, 09:44 PM
this again. :smallfrown:
Their main base of operations is the Citadel of Bis Anu.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-03, 09:46 PM
I'm making a wanted poster. Were's the temple?

Lemming
2009-03-03, 09:46 PM
My ABR comic is finally up, also I made myself a new avatar.

Is that a magic chainsaw?

@crimson: It flies. Where couldn't it be?

Szilard
2009-03-03, 09:48 PM
Diamond chainsaw, it was given too him by a plotgoblin. The diamond chainsaw is one of the inventions of Randomizer, and is probably enhanced magically.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-03, 09:57 PM
Then fling a random place in avbaroy! I'm going to bed in 4 minutes. :smallfrown:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-03-04, 12:36 AM
He was making a deal which was completely in their favor. It's my opinion that TS was just getting self-absorbed and didn't want to compromise her importance. Either that, or she was just too lazy to draw a comic accepting.
/rant

You had like eight characters at the time, mate. And "Does not work well with others" is practically in the Shades' job description.

e: And I think there was even a bit where 'Shades said they'd kill the next character to approach them.

Keris
2009-03-04, 03:36 AM
Then fling a random place in avbaroy! I'm going to bed in 4 minutes. :smallfrown:

If we knew where it was, the Resistance wouldn't last very long, would it?

The Citadel is in an unknown location, even to most of ALF. ALF members are teleported there by higher ranking members, and it is suspected it is under the sea somewhere, possibly near Alphantica.

memnarch
2009-03-04, 07:34 AM
<clever remark about Hurt/Heal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5849682&posted=1#post5849682)updating>

Nameless
2009-03-04, 08:54 AM
Is everything on the wiki for FI still solid or are there any changes?

Keris
2009-03-04, 09:09 AM
Is everything on the wiki for FI still solid or are there any changes?

There isn't that much on the wiki about FI, is there?

I would have thought that the wiki stuff would be accurate, but it might be an idea to get confirmation on stuff here first.

The Gremlin
2009-03-04, 09:53 AM
You had like eight characters at the time, mate. And "Does not work well with others" is practically in the Shades' job description.

e: And I think there was even a bit where 'Shades said they'd kill the next character to approach them.

I had 4, actually. And they said they'd kill the next one to approach them without a good reason. Ned came and offered them an excellent deal, that they'd come in, get a few folk, then depart without bother. They even offered to assist them in return. :smallannoyed:
Now let's drop the topic, okay?

Mina Kobold
2009-03-04, 12:18 PM
I never tought of that (Wanted poster money topic) But none of the one I drew are resistance members, what would the reward for them be?

What Sam did: Kill more than fifty peacekeepers and UNIA agents, killing a mayor (Corrupt but that's not included), robbed to get food for ten years, Destroid UNIA facilities and the UNA thinks (helped by INS propaganda) that he holds the original soul of his body prisoner.

What Faquarl did: Burned countless buildings (they don't think about that he's made of FIRE), killed 22 civilians and more than 30 peacekeepers and since he's an afrit and not under a wizards control he's commiting crimes for being here (He's based of the Bartimaeus trilogy).

What John Garde did: Killed more than five dogs at the age of ten, turned into a werewolf on purpose and killed 200 civilians at age 17 INCLUDING his family (he klled his dad with a rusty butcher knife), turned back from werewolf after it gained it's "nice doggy" personality in a prisoner transport and killed twelve UNIA guards and bite three other (they're werewolfs now) and has killed many others between these, Wolfy (werewolf personality) did about the same as Sam and it gets blamed on John.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-04, 02:17 PM
315 counts of murder, several counts of arsony and infecting 3 people with Lycanthropy?

These guys are gonna have some serious **** after them. And they won't even have the resistance to hide behind.

Grim ranger
2009-03-04, 02:47 PM
315 counts of murder, several counts of arsony and infecting 3 people with Lycanthropy?

These guys are gonna have some serious **** after them. And they won't even have the resistance to hide behind.

But no doubt UNA will attempt to blame this as well to Resistance, as "terrorist attacks continue" sounds better than "there is homicidial lunatic on the loose, you might be next". Also, I think that even if these guys are hot on wanted list, the underworld (criminals) will not take them in easily either, so it is going to be rough deal for them.

BRC
2009-03-04, 02:57 PM
But no doubt UNA will attempt to blame this as well to Resistance, as "terrorist attacks continue" sounds better than "there is homicidial lunatic on the loose, you might be next". Also, I think that even if these guys are hot on wanted list, the underworld (criminals) will not take them in easily either, so it is going to be rough deal for them.
That sounds like something They would do, though They would probably play it subtly, you know, rather than saying "FAIL combatants massacred a village" they said "A village was massacred earlier today, FAIL has yet to claim responsibility, or declare a motive for the attack." Or " A village was massacred earlier today, could this be the work of FAIL? More at 11."

Keris
2009-03-04, 03:28 PM
"Reports have come in that the village of Verron was the target of a large-scale terrorist attack earlier today. The entire population of the village was massacred, the few survivors are currently receiving treatment for shock. While no terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the action, it is currently believed to be the work of the "Avbaroy Liberation Front", a die-hard organisation claiming to be lead by the historical figure Igon Minoblendy. UNIA has so far released no official comment, we'll bring you updates on the situation as we receive them."

Nameless
2009-03-04, 03:34 PM
That sounds like something They would do, though They would probably play it subtly, you know, rather than saying "FAIL combatants massacred a village" they said "A village was massacred earlier today, FAIL has yet to claim responsibility, or declare a motive for the attack." Or " A village was massacred earlier today, could this be the work of FAIL? More at 11."

I don't think we're using "FAIL" anymore.

Mad Mask
2009-03-04, 03:36 PM
I don't think we're using "FAIL" anymore.

The UNA uses it.

Falgorn
2009-03-04, 03:53 PM

"Just in! Terrorist attacks continue as the dreaded 'Resistance' kills and destroys more buildings! A UNIA official told us that we should 'Sleep safely in bed, as the UNA has located the terrorists.' I hope so. That is all. Good night."
Well, if they had news. On another note...http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/quiglar12/g3649.png That is all.

Keris
2009-03-04, 04:02 PM
The UNA uses it.

You use it. I don't, and I don't intend for UNIA to use it either.

I don't see the point of calling ALF FAIL. They call themselves ALF, we should accept that. If we go on about the evils of FAIL, and people get approached by an ALF agent, they won't be as suspicious as if we called ALF ALF.

And besides, what arguments are there for using FAIL? It's a clumsier acronym (Front for Avbaroy's Independence and Liberation, rather than the Avbaroy Liberation Front), and it was suggested as a joke. Using it just because it spells fail seems to me to be childish and petty, and so beneath a government institution such as the UNA.

Nameless
2009-03-04, 04:05 PM
The UNA uses it.

But it's completely pointless and has no relevance to the plot.

Lemming
2009-03-04, 08:30 PM
The UNA uses it.

What's wrong with ALF (http://www.tvshows.de/alf/poster/alf-po3.jpg)?

The Gremlin
2009-03-04, 08:33 PM
You use it. I don't, and I don't intend for UNIA to use it either.

I don't see the point of calling ALF FAIL. They call themselves ALF, we should accept that. If we go on about the evils of FAIL, and people get approached by an ALF agent, they won't be as suspicious as if we called ALF ALF.

And besides, what arguments are there for using FAIL? It's a clumsier acronym (Front for Avbaroy's Independence and Liberation, rather than the Avbaroy Liberation Front), and it was suggested as a joke. Using it just because it spells fail seems to me to be childish and petty, and so beneath a government institution such as the UNA.

Yeah, but it makes people slightly more at ease. If the UNA can afford to mock the ALF, it must mean that it isn't THAT serious. It's sort of sub conscious.
Also, if they call them ALF, it's acting like they believe that they're actually trying to 'free' Avbaroy. It's like saying that you're scared of 666. People might think you're fooled, and are unaware that it's actually 616. By convincing people to call them by a different name, it's easier to see who believes in the 'ALF'.
Hey, I'm actually arguing on MM's side. It's been a while since that's happened. :smalltongue:
/\It is creepy and horrible, that's what!

BRC
2009-03-04, 08:35 PM
I think the last time FAIL vs ALF was brought up, we engaged in pointless bickering for ten pages then got bored. And just because the UNIA dosn't use FAIL, dosn't mean They wouldn't (They probably wouldn't because They want to make the public dislike the ALF as much as possible, adding a second organization to it wouldn't help that) Anyway, I'm cool with just using ALF.

VampireRot
2009-03-04, 08:53 PM
Hmmm, since we're doing the crimes of our criminals....

Vampire Rot: He is charged for Genocide, Terrorism, Property damage, Burglary, and robbery. Genocide is... killing a lot of people of the UNA. It also refers to the entire tribes of kobolds he has killed in his residence of Carbris, (not all of them, but a lot of them) but not many people care about the plights of kobolds so its not actually said who hes killing, leaving people believe they are citizens of the UNA. Terrorism refers to how he tends to butcher people of set towns (any race, not just kobolds) and then write disturbing and threatening messages in their blood. Property damage, burglary, and robbery is when he breaks into and steals from important public figures, often leaving threatening messages and then following those threats in a few days.

Daniel Enthol: He is not that major of a criminal in the eyes of the UNA, but that is mainly because he uses illusions to disguise himself. He has gone unnoticed mostly except for his robbery of a bank in Tajira, in which he was identified under his illusions by true seeing magic. (or whatever lets you see through illusion) His past was traced by the UNIA to a corrupt government and they found out much about him, such as his specializations in Necromancy and Illusion. Some former crimes by unidentified necromancers were rightfully blamed on him, but not his full career. He works with the resistance in a semi-high position, mostly using his illusions to cover their tracks and cover up Igon's sickness. (making himself or other high-ranking members look and sound like Igon with illusions on some occations)

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-04, 08:59 PM
A necromancer, AND an illusionist?

VampireRot
2009-03-04, 09:56 PM
A necromancer, AND an illusionist?

I don't mean specializing in D&D terms, I mean he just mostly uses illusion spells and some necromancy spells. Such as if the spellbooks he uses are filled with spells that turn you invisible, change your appearance, make illusionary people, ect. and some spells that make zombies and other undead minions.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-04, 09:57 PM
I think FI is going to be very exiting. :smallamused:

VampireRot
2009-03-04, 10:06 PM

I agree. The only annoying thing is the wait. Someone post with the main plot of FFF and attack the Shades already!

Ninja Chocobo
2009-03-05, 01:33 AM

Presumably it's going to be entering first.
Also, I'm working on a comic, but it's delayed by needing to draw things on paper and trace other things in Flash for TAFE. And for the record I had a good enough UAI to get into any university degree I wanted to.

Keris
2009-03-05, 03:55 AM
Yeah, but it makes people slightly more at ease. If the UNA can afford to mock the ALF, it must mean that it isn't THAT serious. It's sort of sub conscious.
But it's not even that mocking. "See, we call them FAIL because that's what they're gonna do!" Just seems to be childish to me.

Also, if they call them ALF, it's acting like they believe that they're actually trying to 'free' Avbaroy. It's like saying that you're scared of 666. People might think you're fooled, and are unaware that it's actually 616. By convincing people to call them by a different name, it's easier to see who believes in the 'ALF'.
If they call themselves ALF, we should say that they're a terrorist group calling itself "ALF". If we avoid the name, then people might think we're afraid of them, like avoiding having the thirteenth floor on buildings.
And while we do refer to them as ALF, we could inform the public that their name and stated intentions are nothing more than propaganda on their part, and speculate as to their true goals.

Nameless
2009-03-05, 06:28 AM
Using FAIL is pointless, as I've said and childish for a government, as Keris has said.
You don't see the UN giving another name for the IRA or Hamas.
And it's quite hypocritical, MM. You've been trying to make ABR more serious and realistic, which is fine to an extent (although I think it’s gone a little too far) and then when something silly comes up that not everyone wants to use, you're all for it.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-05, 09:36 AM

Faquarl/Pyro can change trough several shapes (thus why he has a different shape when in my comic where he's shown looking like a burning Ninga) but bureaucratic errors do that the poster image is never changed so he can just shape-change to trick people, Wolfy's actions get blamed on John but few actually know how he look (investigation divinations shows him as John since they technically is the same person) but yes Sam is troubled (but since propaganda dictates most they do to be resistance work, not many non-UNIA/peacekeepers know that he is completely independent of them and often show up unpredictable places that has absolutely nothing to do with the resistance or politics). Besides that, nobody knows their powers since INSincere wrote about it (it aint good for moral if the soldiers and civilians know that a ghost who mysteriously got a new body and still keeps his ghost powers and a spirit of fire who can burn stuff without even a spell is running around)

But anyway: What would their capture reward be?

^I agree that using FAIL is pointless

Keris
2009-03-05, 09:42 AM
Two and a half copper coins, and some pocket lint.
:smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-03-05, 10:03 AM
Using FAIL is pointless, as I've said and childish for a government, as Keris has said.
And it's quite hypocritical, MM. You've been trying to make ABR more serious and realistic, which is fine to an extent (although I think it’s gone a little too far) and then when something silly comes up that not everyone wants to use, you're all for it.

T'was a joke.

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 10:14 AM

I really don't understand why you guys are so insistent about not using FAIL.
Is Hamas saying that he's part of a freedom-fighting organization? Is the IRA? No, and even if they were, nobody would call them freedom fighters, except when wagging their fingers. Now stop using that argument, and come up with a new example or something.
It isn't really that silly, either. Let's use a real-world example: If the USA started calling themselves 'The Liberators Union', or TLU, do you think the Iraqis would call them that?
If the name 'FAIL' bugs you guys so much, we could come up with a different one, like Group of Overly Terrorist Men In Lairs...of Kittens? Or 'GOTMILK?'
Hopefully, enough people understood that joke. Google it if you didn't. :smalltongue:
Anyways, GOTMILK? might be inappropriate, but some other acronym which refers to them as terrorists could work.
/\WHAT?! I go through all this trouble and then you say that you weren't actually for it the whole time?! :smalleek:

Keris
2009-03-05, 10:24 AM
T'was a joke.

So the UNA won't be calling them FAIL? Good.

Because the organisation is called ALF.

Is Hamas saying that he's part of a freedom-fighting organization? Is the IRA? No, and even if they were, nobody would call them freedom fighters, except when wagging their fingers. Now stop using that argument, and come up with a new example or something.
ALF is saying it's fighting for the liberation of Abaroy, and so the UNA will tell people that that's what they claim to be doing, and then explain what they're actually doing as well.

It isn't really that silly, either. Let's use a real-world example: If the USA started calling themselves 'The Liberators Union', or TLU, do you think the Iraqis would call them that?
If the IRA started calling themselves Irish Republicans, would we call them that? Oh wait, they do, and we do.

If the name 'FAIL' bugs you guys so much, we could come up with a different one, like Group of Overly Terrorist Men In Lairs...of Kittens? Or 'GOTMILK?'
We could just call ALF ALF. Why shouldn't we accept that that's what they're called?

Anyways, GOTMILK? might be inappropriate, but some other acronym which refers to them as terrorists could work.
There's no point in a government making up a fake name for an organisation. It belittles the government.

BRC
2009-03-05, 10:28 AM
T'was a joke.
Well, it's good to see that's been cleared up.

I made some pages on the Wiki for the various UNA organizations, though I havn't actually put any descriptions in them. I'm thinking each such organization should have a sidebar with their motto, their symbol (All the official ones will have one), and the name of it's leader. I'm trying to think of mottos( these are far from set in stone, for the most part, they are ujst what I thought up,Maybe we should Latinize them)
UNA Navy: "To Protect, Pursue, And Punish"
Peacekeepers: "Until the Peace can keep itself."
UNIA: "Knowledge is power"
Them: "People do not believe the truth, the truth is what people believe".

Mad Mask
2009-03-05, 10:32 AM
I'm not for FAIL, that's too silly, and "Liberation" suggests that the people's freedom are repressed, which would be bad for public relations. I think that most of the time, the UNA will simply call ALF the "Avbaroy resistance movement".

Nameless
2009-03-05, 10:33 AM

Actually they do. >.>

BRC
2009-03-05, 10:35 AM
I'm not for FAIL, that's too silly, and "Liberation" suggests that the people's freedom are repressed, which would be bad for public relations. I would prefer another title, something like the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Avbaroy, or simply the Avbaroy resistance movement.
No, ALF works best, because that's what they call themselves. This way if somebody says "I'm from the ALF", everybody thinks "It's those nasty evil guys I read about in the newspaper" not "ALF? Well, things havn't been too good, and they are better than those (To use your suggestion) RAFA guys I've read about in the paper."

Mad Mask
2009-03-05, 10:38 AM
OK, so now I understand your point, and I can finally agree with you. So let's stop bickering about this and advance that Fat Fish Fury plot so we can (one day) begin Future Imperfect.

Nameless
2009-03-05, 10:44 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/7sidedstar-2.png
Fun Time (c) approved.

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 10:45 AM
Fine, fine, it's clear that my argument is on its own. Again. I really hate it when this happens. I almost always have to compromise. :smalltongue:
How about this" FAIL isn't official. It started on that show, when the main guy mocked the evil Igon Minoblendy by calling his organization 'A FAILure'. It caught on, as people thought it was a funny name, and before anybody knew it, everybody was referring to the ALF as 'FAIL'. The UNA didn't purposefully do it, though they didn't exactly try to quell it. In fact, 'They' helped it along, since the public is less scared of the resistance group when they're always hearing jokes about it.
/\'Fin Time'? AWESOME!! Let's join Fin Time! Does it have sharks? :smallamused:

BRC
2009-03-05, 10:51 AM
Fine, fine, it's clear that my argument is on its own. Again. I really hate it when this happens. I almost always have to compromise, rather than actually win for once.:smallannoyed:
How about this" FAIL isn't official. It started on that show, when the main guy mocked the evil Igon Minoblendy by calling his organization 'A FAILure'. It caught on, as people thought it was a funny name, and before anybody knew it, everybody was referring to the ALF as 'FAIL'. The UNA didn't purposefully do it, though they didn't exactly try to quell it. In fact, 'They' helped it along, since the public is less scared of the resistance group when they're always hearing jokes about it.
That work. "FAIL" is the fictional ALF equivalent from "The Adventures of Rex Lator". It's an obvious Expy, but it would be considered disrespectful to those who were killed by the ALF, or because it lets them take more creative liberties with the movies/show/radio program/ comic books. It's occasionally used by the general public, but official sources never use it.

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 10:54 AM
That work. "FAIL" is the fictional ALF equivalent from "The Adventures of Rex Lator". It's an obvious Expy, but it would be considered disrespectful to those who were killed by the ALF, or because it lets them take more creative liberties with the movies/show/radio program/ comic books. It's occasionally used by the general public, but official sources never use it.

Huh? If FAIL is disrespectful, why isn't The Adventures of Rex Lator? I'm given to understand that it has a lot of things which have little to do with the ALF.

Keris
2009-03-05, 10:59 AM
Huh? If FAIL is disrespectful, why isn't The Adventures of Rex Lator? I'm given to understand that it has a lot of things which have little to do with the ALF.

The Adventures of Rex Lator is a popular show starring the titular Rex Lator as he defends the UNA against its enemies. It would be disrespectful to put ALF in the show, much like you wouldn't get the IRA in a kids show, so they use the "FAIL", an organisation which obviously parallels ALF, but is different enough that the writers can take creative liberties.

An Expy is an "Exported Character".

BRC
2009-03-05, 11:01 AM
FAIL isn't, using the actual name "ALF" would be (I misstyped). For example, if you have Rex shoot his way through a dozen ALF combatants, that might offend people who lost family to ALF attacks by implying their dead loved ones must have been really incompetent to get killed by the ALF. Or maybe it just started as a bad pun in the show. Whichever, the point is that while official news sources and the government never use it, commoners may, especially when talking theoretically (For example, if the ALF tries to assasinate Ins, they would never turn to their buddy and say "Did you hear, FAIL tried to assasinate Ins". But they might say "Hey, the peacekeepers are in town, apparently they think FAIL may try somthing")

Nameless
2009-03-05, 11:02 AM
Fine, fine, it's clear that my argument is on its own. Again. I really hate it when this happens. I almost always have to compromise. :smalltongue:
/\'Fin Time'? AWESOME!! Let's join Fin Time! Does it have sharks? :smallamused:

But now we're back to square one. :smallannoyed:
How about this- Let's just not use FAIL. :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 11:04 AM
But now we're back to square one. :smallannoyed:
How about this- Let's just not use FAIL. :smallsmile:

How is it square one? I fail to see the problem you have with this. The others don't seem to mind. I think it's a decent compromise which makes sense.

Nameless
2009-03-05, 11:12 AM
How is it square one? I fail to see the problem you have with this. The others don't seem to mind. I think it's a decent compromise which makes sense.

Because it's completely pointless, has no relevance to anything and all it does is cause unnecessary complications.
FAIL was simply a joke made by I can't remember who and people took it seriously for some reason.
And it doesn't make any sense.

BRC
2009-03-05, 11:13 AM
Because it's completely pointless, has no relevance to anything and all it does is cause unnecessary complications.
FAIL was simply a joke made by I can't remember who and people took it seriously for some reason.
Nothing makes sense, let's just roll with it...So...Those UNA organizations...

Mad Mask
2009-03-05, 11:13 AM

It was originally made by Kpenguin when we tried to find a name for the resistance.

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 11:16 AM

It DOES make sense now. I think you're acting like a broken record. Your only argument is that it makes no sense, which it does, and that it complicates things, as do a lot of things. With that attitude, we should go back to random stuff! Because there's no point other than fun, right? And it creates SO MUCH BOTHER to occasionally refer to them by a different name. :smallannoyed:

Nameless
2009-03-05, 11:17 AM
It was originally made by Kpenguin when we tried to find a name for the resistance.

First he sez i haz boobiez, now he sez i haz FAIL... O_e

But in all seriousness, can we drop this FAIL thing and focus of FFF and things which will actually contribute to FI?

Keris
2009-03-05, 11:17 AM
UNA Navy: "To Protect, Pursue, And Punish"
Peacekeepers: "Until the Peace can keep itself."
UNIA: "Knowledge is power"
Them: "People do not believe the truth, the truth is what people believe".

To Protect, Pursue and Punish: Protego, Persecutus, Plecto
Until the Peace can keep itself: Insquequo pacis servo ipsum
Knowledge is power: Scientia potentia est

It don't think Their motto needs a Latin version, it's not like they'll put it on business cards or anything.:smalltongue:
And "Scientia potentia est" was said by Bacon, but I just played about with online translators for the others.

BRC
2009-03-05, 11:19 AM
To Protect, Pursue and Punish: Protego , Persecutus , Plecto
Until the Peace can keep itself: Insquequo pacis can servo ipsum

It don't think Their motto needs a Latin version, it's not like they'll put it on business cards or anything.:smalltongue:
And "Scientia potentia est" was said by Bacon, but I just played about with online translators for the others.
Ooh, those sound great. Everything sounds profound in latin. Lemme whip up some quick symbols for these organizations. But yeah, They won't have a latin motto, or a symbol because They don't exist.

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 11:19 AM
First he sez i haz boobiez, now he sez i haz FAIL... O_e

But in all seriousness, can we drop this FAIL thing and focus of FFF and things which will actually contribute to FI?

You're the one who keeps arguing about it, even after we resolved it!
but, okay.

Nameless
2009-03-05, 11:25 AM
It DOES make sense now. I think you're acting like a broken record. Your only argument is that it makes no sense, which it does, and that it complicates things, as do a lot of things.

I've said plenty more then "it doesn't make sense" Gremlin.

It’s pointless.
It doesn’t contribute to the plot.
It’s unnecessary.
It causes confusion and the plot is complicated enough as it is.
It doesn’t make sense
The name "FAIL" was just a joke.
It’s annoying.
Not everyone likes it and because of all the other reasons we shouldn't use it.

With that attitude, we should go back to random stuff! Because there's no point other than fun, right?

Halleluiah! Just like the good ol' days of FFF!

Mina Kobold
2009-03-05, 11:25 AM
To Protect, Pursue and Punish: Protego, Persecutus, Plecto
Until the Peace can keep itself: Insquequo pacis servo ipsum

Doesn't philosophy mean "love of knowledge" without using "scientia"? (and the Artemis Fowl books say that est potestas mean is power):smallconfused::smallsmile:

Keris
2009-03-05, 11:35 AM
Doesn't philosophy mean "love of knowledge" without using "scientia"? (and the Artemis Fowl books say that est potestas mean is power):smallconfused::smallsmile:

Philosophy comes from the Greek philos (beloved) and sophia (wisdom), yes. But we're talking Latin here. :smalltongue:

And yes, est potestas means "is power". However, Scienia potentia est is a traditional quote from Francis Bacon, and is usually translated as Knowledge is Power. (His original quote was "For also knowledge itself is power").

Scientia est potestas would also mean "Knowledge is Power", but I think we'll go with Bacon for this one.

BRC
2009-03-05, 12:09 PM
Alright, here are my ideas for the logos. I don't really like the UNIA one

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/UNAsymbols.png

Keris
2009-03-05, 12:20 PM
So an anchor on a red field for the Navy, and a sword formed by two sovice doves for the Peacekeepers? Interesting ideas, and no objections from me about them.
I'll try and brainstorm a couple of ideas for UNIA's logo, it could use something.

Also, the Sovice symbol seems to be a hexagon divided diagonally, not an oval, as seen on the UNA flag:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/unaflag.gif

BRC
2009-03-05, 12:22 PM
So an anchor on a red field for the Navy, and a sword formed by two sovice doves for the Peacekeepers? Interesting ideas, and no objections from me about them.
I'll try and brainstorm a couple of ideas for UNIA's logo, it could use something.

Also, the Sovice symbol seems to be a hexagon divided diagonally, not an oval, as seen on the UNA flag:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/unaflag.gif
Ah, I see. I forgot the symbol was on the flay (I checked the Keren Dewey picture, so I couldn't see it very well. I'll fix that)

Edit: It's supposed to be a shield with a sword behind it, but I guess it looks kind of like a messed up sword. I'll remove the sword so it looks more sheildlike. check the origional post for new image.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-05, 12:38 PM
Pretty neat Brc.

Think you could come up with a simplified logo that could fit on a character? Been working on a few generic peacekeepers, but I'm still looking for a little logo to plaster on em. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-03-05, 12:53 PM
Pretty neat Brc.

Think you could come up with a simplified logo that could fit on a character? Been working on a few generic peacekeepers, but I'm still looking for a little logo to plaster on em. :smalltongue:
How does This look
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/Peacekeeper.png
It's just a simplified version of the main logo, but its' easier to draw, more stylized, and it will probably shrink down better.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-05, 12:59 PM
Yeah that's perfect, thanks.

Lemming
2009-03-05, 04:16 PM
Philosophy comes from the Greek philos (beloved) and sophia (wisdom), yes. But we're talking Latin here. :smalltongue:

And yes, est potestas means "is power". However, Scienia potentia est is a traditional quote from Francis Bacon, and is usually translated as Knowledge is Power. (His original quote was "For also knowledge itself is power").

Scientia est potestas would also mean "Knowledge is Power", but I think we'll go with Bacon for this one.

Ah ha! I knew learning (some) latin would help eventually! The order of the words in a sentence doesn't actually mater. The noun endings mater. You could have a sentence that says "I like ham" in Latin. Direct translation might give you "I ham like". But the nouns have endings that say whether it is the subject or the object. Sticking the est at the end doesn't matter, as long as it is in the sentence and the proper noun endings are there. :smallwink: (actually the verbs have different forms too, but that doesn't matter right now.)

Nameless
2009-03-05, 04:17 PM
@Kev: That's gonna have to be non cannon there, Nameless' scythe is a bit more powefull then that. :smallwink:

Wreckingrocc
2009-03-05, 04:20 PM
Personally, I think the UNA should simply refer them as "The Terrorist Organization Headed by Igon Minoblendy."

The Resistance will call themselves ALF.

Problem solved. :smallbiggrin:

As for wizard necromancers, they're pathetic. They get like 40 HD of undead at level 20. It's just... Sad. Clerics are twice as good at necromancy, but still not quite there. A hit die of undead just isn't big enough to mean much. Dread Necromancers are alright... At level 20, they can get hundreds of HD of undead, but it's still not all that great, as you can't summon anything very powerful. Most single HD undead can be one-shotted anyways, and killed even faster if you factor in AoE spells. Essentially what I'm trying to say is, if you're going to be a necromancer wizard, only take a couple of undead-creating spells, as they're not going to help much. Level draining and ability score damage is always fun, though.

Lemming
2009-03-05, 04:23 PM
I'm not for FAIL, that's too silly, and "Liberation" suggests that the people's freedom are repressed, which would be bad for public relations. I think that most of the time, the UNA will simply call ALF the "Avbaroy resistance movement".

ARM? I like ALF better. (Its Igon's ARM! Run!) :smalltongue:

@Nameless: Maybe he scratched it. And you had just polished it. "You knicked the paint NOW YOU DIE!" :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-03-05, 04:51 PM
@Kev: That's gonna have to be non cannon there, Nameless' scythe is a bit more powefull then that. :smallwink:

But it was cool!

Falgorn
2009-03-05, 04:54 PM
But it was cool!

Yeah, he went SUPER-KOBOLD! USE HAMEKAMEKA, KEV! DON'T LET FREEZER TAKE YOU DOWN!

VampireRot
2009-03-05, 04:54 PM
As for wizard necromancers, they're pathetic. They get like 40 HD of undead at level 20. It's just... Sad. Clerics are twice as good at necromancy, but still not quite there. A hit die of undead just isn't big enough to mean much. Dread Necromancers are alright... At level 20, they can get hundreds of HD of undead, but it's still not all that great, as you can't summon anything very powerful. Most single HD undead can be one-shotted anyways, and killed even faster if you factor in AoE spells. Essentially what I'm trying to say is, if you're going to be a necromancer wizard, only take a couple of undead-creating spells, as they're not going to help much. Level draining and ability score damage is always fun, though.

.... Wut? :smallconfused:

Daniel is more of an illusionist then a necromancer, cause his necromancy spells are the things that create zombies, ghouls, ghosts, or whatever. Hes the kind of wizard I invision flying invisibly behind enemy lines, clonking one on the head to kill him, reanimate the corpse into some nasty undead, then order said nasty undead to kill as many enemies as possible while reanimating their remains into more nasty undead before running out of magic and fleeing.

Keris
2009-03-05, 05:04 PM
Ah ha! I knew learning (some) latin would help eventually! The order of the words in a sentence doesn't actually mater. The noun endings mater. You could have a sentence that says "I like ham" in Latin. Direct translation might give you "I ham like". But the nouns have endings that say whether it is the subject or the object. Sticking the est at the end doesn't matter, as long as it is in the sentence and the proper noun endings are there. :smallwink: (actually the verbs have different forms too, but that doesn't matter right now.)

After brushing up on my own Latin in the last few hours, I can see I need to rephrase some of the mottoes. I did just make them by playing around with an online translator, now I have my Latin Dictionary at hand.

The order of words does matter in Latin, the nouns are at the beginning of a sentence, and the verb at the end. So "Knowledge is power" is "Knowledge power is". This is why a direct translation of "I like ham" comes out as "I ham like", although it could be written "Ham I like". The important part is to use the correct case for each noun, so as to identify the subjects correctly. (So ham I like doesn't end up means "Ham likes me).

At least, that's my understanding of it.

Falgorn
2009-03-05, 05:09 PM

Daniel is more of an illusionist then a necromancer, cause his necromancy spells are the things that create zombies, ghouls, ghosts, or whatever. Hes the kind of wizard I invision flying invisibly behind enemy lines, clonking one on the head to kill him, reanimate the corpse into some nasty undead, then order said nasty undead to kill as many enemies as possible while reanimating their remains into more nasty undead before running out of magic and fleeing.

That sounds alot more fun than the *shudders* explanation. And don't forget, the UNA is watching!

BRC
2009-03-05, 05:18 PM
After brushing up on my own Latin in the last few hours, I can see I need to rephrase some of the mottoes. I did just make them by playing around with an online translator, now I have my Latin Dictionary at hand.

The order of words does matter in Latin, the nouns are at the beginning of a sentence, and the verb at the end. So "Knowledge is power" is "Knowledge power is". This is why a direct translation of "I like ham" comes out as "I ham like", although it could be written "Ham I like". The important part is to use the correct case for each noun, so as to identify the subjects correctly. (So ham I like doesn't end up means "Ham likes me).

At least, that's my understanding of it.
It's a latinized motto, it's not supposed to be good latin, it's supposed to sound profound! But I guess I can change the mottos.

Besides, The Vodka is good but the Meat is rotten (A famous machine-translation from english to russian and back again of "The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak")

Keris
2009-03-05, 05:19 PM
That sounds alot more fun than the *shudders* explanation. And don't forget, the UNA is watching!

But how can you be watching if you have two eyepatches?

Also, Scientia potentia est is a common quotation, and is attributed to Francis Bacon. You don't need to credit me for it.

Falgorn
2009-03-05, 05:32 PM
But how can you be watching if you have two eyepatches?

Also, Scientia potentia est is a common quotation, and is attributed to Francis Bacon. You don't need to credit me for it.

Kay'. It's not easy making shades...for me at least. :smallfrown:

The Gremlin
2009-03-05, 05:55 PM
I've said plenty more then "it doesn't make sense" Gremlin.

It’s pointless.
It doesn’t contribute to the plot.
It’s unnecessary.
It causes confusion and the plot is complicated enough as it is.
It doesn’t make sense
The name "FAIL" was just a joke.
It’s annoying.
Not everyone likes it and because of all the other reasons we shouldn't use it.

1. It adds a bit of realism. In real life, not everything has some point. In real life, you stub your toe and say 'ow.' In a movie, someone stubs their toe and you (or, at least I)say 'uh-oh, that's gonna come back to bite them later somehow'. Especially if it's a mystery. :smallsigh:
2. Neither do a lot of things. If we took out everything that didn't contribute to the plot, we'd have to kick out about 20 ABRians (among other things).
3. So is this argument. I see little point in debating about something because it's 'unnecessary'. This whole debate is, too. Why can't you just drop it and stop wasting time arguing? It won't ruin the plot to have it, it is a very minor detail, and the time we're spending on this whole thing is incredibly pointless. The only reason it could waste our time is that you keep arguing about how much it would mess up the plot.
4. No, it does not! You don't even have to refer to them as FAIL in your comics, but since it's around there's no reason to debate it.
5. Yes, it does. Are you even reading my posts? I gave a perfectly good compromise which made perfect sense, and you acted like I didn't change my argument at all.
6. And ABR was meant to be completely random, with no plot. But it's the plot that's raking in members! Original intent doesn't really make any difference if it's changed.
7. I know. But oddly enough, the UNA doesn't feel bad AT ALL about annoying the wicked terrorist organization of murderers! Isn't that weird?
8. Not everybody liked ending FFF 1 either. But it worked out. And this idea hardly has any significance! There is no point in trying to 'disallow' using it in our comics. You can only depict people in your comics saying 'ALF', or 'terrorists led by Igon Minoblendy', or whatever. But I will occasionally feature people saying 'FAIL'.

Emperor Ing
2009-03-05, 06:01 PM
Kay'. It's not easy making shades...for me at least. :smallfrown:

Take a regular human template, move the head forward so it's hunched over, make it all black, and make a curved horn. place it on the head rotating and copy-pasting as necessary. :P

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-05, 06:05 PM
ARM? I like ALF better. (Its Igon's ARM! Run!) :smalltongue:

Ins: Lyinginbedmon's ARM will have grown long indeed if he thinks he can reach the UNA

Lemming
2009-03-05, 07:16 PM
The order of words does matter in Latin, the nouns are at the beginning of a sentence, and the verb at the end.

You don't have to, but most people choose to. Helps keep things straight. But if you want to I support that decision! :smallwink:

@BRC: A RUSSIAN CORPORATION -- You have two cows. You count them and learn you have five cows. You count them again and learn you have 42 cows. You count them again and learn you have 12 cows. You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka. :smallamused:

@Lying: I have been out-joked. :smalleek:

Szilard
2009-03-05, 07:17 PM
Take a regular human template, move the head forward so it's hunched over, make it all black, and make a curved horn. place it on the head rotating and copy-pasting as necessary. :P

He was refering to sunglasses.

Threeshades
2009-03-05, 07:43 PM
For the record: Just because that thing of yeril's got smitten doesn't mean it's dead. Smite only deals additonal damage to evil creatures. that's why i didnt continue the comic with it falling down or anything. the turnigh black youl also just be for the moment of the smiting.

Threeshades
2009-03-05, 08:11 PM
@Threeshades: I've always wanted to ask you this: what do the Big Bad Shades look like ? Please respond.

2nd and 3rd Shade look the same way they looked when tied to Threeshades' body. though third shade prefers the "demonsaurus" shape used in the duel with Pandathreeshades. 2nd shade also is capable of shapechanging into various forms, always keeping up her respective color theme though (black with red eyes and details (like hair, spines and such) and yellow teeth). 1st shade also looks similar to the other two though her clothing colors are yet to be revealed and her extra-arms are normal humanoid arms. She uses four elven courtblades. I will give you a picture of the exact coloring some time.

Also i should clarify that Roka is a paladin of freedom. Before anyone starts using protection from law or something.

Wreckingrocc
2009-03-05, 08:29 PM

Daniel is more of an illusionist then a necromancer, cause his necromancy spells are the things that create zombies, ghouls, ghosts, or whatever. Hes the kind of wizard I invision envision flying invisibly behind enemy lines, clonking one on the head to kill him, reanimate the corpse into some nasty undead, then order said nasty undead to kill as many enemies as possible while reanimating their remains into more nasty undead before running out of magic and fleeing.Well, I didn't want you to change your character... But, luckily, it doesn't look like you did. I was speaking from the DnD rules perspective; ABR doesn't have to follow specifics, and thus fighter 20s should be the rough equivalent power-wise of wizard 20s in ABR, even though there's a disgustingly huge gap between them in DnD.

BRC
2009-03-05, 09:12 PM
Hey, I have an alternate UNA navy logo here, just a slight change, wanted to see what people think.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/UNANavysymbol.png.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-05, 09:22 PM
What's with 3S? Um, that was a bolt. You know, because he has a crossbow.

VampireRot
2009-03-05, 09:31 PM
What's with 3S? Um, that was a bolt. You know, because he has a crossbow.

The fact that it is a hand-crossbow bolt makes it quite tiny. Maybe launched from the actual crossbow it could be dangerous, but without the crossbow it is basically just a barbed needle.

Lemming
2009-03-05, 10:07 PM
Hey, I have an alternate UNA navy logo here, just a slight change, wanted to see what people think.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/UNANavysymbol.png.

Good, except for the funny yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner and the black dot in the lower right hand corner. (yes I am just being nitpicky :smalltongue:)

@Rot: Yes, vampires have energy drain which bestows 2 negative levels. For every level bestowed, you gain 5 hit points! Here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm)

BRC
2009-03-05, 10:08 PM
Good, except for the funny yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner and the black dot in the lower right hand corner. (yes I am just being nitpicky :smalltongue:)

@Rot: Yes, vampires have energy drain which bestows 2 negative levels. For every level bestowed, you gain 5 hit points! Here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm)

Yeah, that's not supposed to be there, it was just too close when I selected. Ignore it.

Zerglinkeke
2009-03-05, 10:53 PM
The fact that it is a hand-crossbow bolt makes it quite tiny. Maybe launched from the actual crossbow it could be dangerous, but without the crossbow it is basically just a barbed needle.

Well i dont know if this is helping but a barbed needle to a Jugular vein, a cartoroid artery, or anywhere near the spine can easily cripple or stun you.

BRC
2009-03-05, 10:56 PM
Well i dont know if this is helping but a barbed needle to a Jugular vein, a cartoroid artery, or anywhere near the spine can easily cripple or stun you.
But a barbed needle that isn't in one of those places just hurts a little. We don't know where he stabbed her, so it's likely he didn't hit anything critical.

memnarch
2009-03-05, 11:34 PM
That's an interesting logo BRC.

Hurt/Heal updated again (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5856626&posted=1#post5856626).

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-06, 04:33 AM
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/ABRFFF9.png

:smallconfused: Wait, do vampires actually have an energy drain? I'm not sure, but I think they do. (I don't have a monster manual or anything like that)

They do have an energy drain, but I don't think it works like you think it does.

Unless Roka the Paladin of Freedom is extremely low level.

Keris
2009-03-06, 04:45 AM
They do have an energy drain, but I don't think it works like you think it does.

Energy Drain (Su): Living creatures hit by a vampire’s slam attack (or any other natural weapon the vampire might possess) gain two negative levels. For each negative level bestowed, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points. A vampire can use its energy drain ability once per round.

Doesn't seem to be affected by levels by me. I doubt a touch attack counts as a natural weapon though...

Emperor Ing
2009-03-06, 05:04 AM

She thinks she's a paladin. :smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-06, 05:28 AM
Doesn't seem to be affected by levels by me. I doubt a touch attack counts as a natural weapon though...

She appears to be paralysed, and if she was very low level a single energy drain would kill her, which could amount artistically to the paralysis, but either way it doesn't work the way it's being portrayed here.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 05:59 AM
1. It adds a bit of realism. In real life, not everything has some point. In real life, you stub your toe and say 'ow.' In a movie, someone stubs their toe and you (or, at least I)say 'uh-oh, that's gonna come back to bite them later somehow'. Especially if it's a mystery. :smallsigh:
2. Neither do a lot of things. If we took out everything that didn't contribute to the plot, we'd have to kick out about 20 ABRians (among other things).
3. So is this argument. I see little point in debating about something because it's 'unnecessary'. This whole debate is, too. Why can't you just drop it and stop wasting time arguing? It won't ruin the plot to have it, it is a very minor detail, and the time we're spending on this whole thing is incredibly pointless. The only reason it could waste our time is that you keep arguing about how much it would mess up the plot.
4. No, it does not! You don't even have to refer to them as FAIL in your comics, but since it's around there's no reason to debate it.
5. Yes, it does. Are you even reading my posts? I gave a perfectly good compromise which made perfect sense, and you acted like I didn't change my argument at all.
6. And ABR was meant to be completely random, with no plot. But it's the plot that's raking in members! Original intent doesn't really make any difference if it's changed.
7. I know. But oddly enough, the UNA doesn't feel bad AT ALL about annoying the wicked terrorist organization of murderers! Isn't that weird?
8. Not everybody liked ending FFF 1 either. But it worked out. And this idea hardly has any significance! There is no point in trying to 'disallow' using it in our comics. You can only depict people in your comics saying 'ALF', or 'terrorists led by Igon Minoblendy', or whatever. But I will occasionally feature people saying 'FAIL'.

1- No it doesn't. Governments don’t give terrorist groups different names, especially silly ones.
2- The difference is, they are people who want to join, this is a name.
3- Why can't you just drop it? If it's just a minor detail, why do you insist on it even though no everyone agrees on it.
4- It doesn't matter that I don't refer to them as FAIL, it's still stupid to give them two names because of the reasons above.
5- It's not a compromise at all, ALF are still being called FAIL which is what I'm arguing against. If they're still going to be called FAIL then how is this a compromise?
6- Even when the plot started, it was still quite random.
7- By annoying, I mean it annoys me, not the fictional characters.
8- FFF had to come to an end at some point, so do all plots, that's what happens. FI just offered something else to do once it's over.
You can’t call an organisation a completely different name in a comic where everyone contributes.
It’s like me calling the UN, STB. No one would know what I’m talking about. You want to make it more realistic, and if you’re the only one in the comic calling it FAIL then technically none of the other characters wouldn’t know what you’re one is talking about because it’s “realistic”.
9- And how is calling them FAIL realistic? Since when does anyone give a joke name to a terrorist group, or any enemy. Do we have a joke name for the IRA? Hamas? Did we have one for the NAZI's? We have never given a joke name to a group of people who are terrorists or kill people.
It would be completely unrealistic.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-03-06, 06:08 AM
Shouldn't someone make a new thread? Since by the time it's mod approved we'll be at the next page anyways.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 06:35 AM
I could make it, unless there's an objection.

Lemming
2009-03-06, 08:53 AM
(really long argument in response to the Gremlin's really long argument)

Could you two please drop this? Please? I thought ALF was agreed on and this is just starting to get annoying. :smallannoyed: And nothing about how "It was a good compromise" or "No-one would call it FAIL"" or anything like that, because that will just start up the whole argument again. :smallannoyed:

BRC
2009-03-06, 09:41 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/Grandfather.png
They have spoken. It's been decided. Now, let's move on.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 10:22 AM
@Nameless: Fine, non-canon:smallfrown: I just wanned to get your character pissed and go badass-mode (it could be repaired by mending or something anyway) I had two reasons to think it wasn't a problem
1) you did the same in Super Heroics. 2) You've never used it so I assumed it was for show and not important. But I'll make a new comic as soon as I get a new what-the-sword-shall-hit idea (I also assume you don't wanna get hit yourself):smallfrown:

The Gremlin
2009-03-06, 10:36 AM

Thank you. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 10:44 AM
Thank you. :smallsmile:

Your idea is that the UNA calls us FAIL, his is that FAIL is their equivalent in a TV show...What a compromise.

The Gremlin
2009-03-06, 10:54 AM
Your idea is that the UNA calls us FAIL, his is that FAIL is their equivalent in a TV show...What a compromise.

...you don't even understand the entire argument, do you? It would be nice if you'd pay attention instead of making snide remarks. :smallannoyed:
Originally, I was arguing for the UNA to call the ALF FAIL. But then, it turned out that the only guy in agreement, Mad Mask, was joking the whole time. So I decided to compromise. I'm 'arguing' for FAIL to be a sort of nickname which originated on the TV show.
Pay attention, please.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 11:00 AM
...you don't even understand the entire argument, do you? It would be nice if you'd pay attention instead of making snide remarks. :smallannoyed:
Originally, I was arguing for the UNA to call the ALF FAIL. But then, it turned out that the only guy in agreement, Mad Mask, was joking the whole time. So I decided to compromise. I'm 'arguing' for FAIL to be a sort of nickname which originated on the TV show.
Pay attention, please.

I did pay attention. I'm just saying that his idea don't seem to include it to be said outside the show and yours to be originated in it but spoke by many outside it.

I didn't want to make you mad:smallfrown:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-06, 11:03 AM
I could make it, unless there's an objection.

I have no objection to this.

The Gremlin
2009-03-06, 11:06 AM
I did pay attention. I'm just saying that his idea don't seem to include it to be said outside the show and yours to be originated in it but spoke by many outside it.

I didn't want to make you mad:smallfrown:Sorry, it just kinda struck a nerve. Let me clarify this:

First, the UNA doesn't really call them FAIL that much. It's more the general populace. It started on the show, but then people who watched it started using it. Soon, it was a rather popular name.
Second, Nameless is against the whole name even existing. Not really sure why, except that he thinks it's 'silly'.
The way I thought it was a compromise is that I went from the UNA exclusively referring to the ALF as FAIL, and encouraging everyone to do so, to it just being a nickname from a TV show. It would appear that it was not much of a compromise, but that's what I thought.

Yeril
2009-03-06, 11:32 AM
Sorry I'm not been around recently, college and stuff has kept me busy.

Anyone fighting the black knight, feel free to sort of "leave" the fight if you dont want to hang about for me anymore, I'll try and squeese in a comic if I can but yeah whatever is fine.

You'll get a chance to fight him again later though so don't worry :smallamused:

Have a good weekend guys.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 12:34 PM
@Nameless: Fine, non-canon:smallfrown: I just wanned to get your character pissed and go badass-mode (it could be repaired by mending or something anyway) I had two reasons to think it wasn't a problem
1) you did the same in Super Heroics. 2) You've never used it so I assumed it was for show and not important. But I'll make a new comic as soon as I get a new what-the-sword-shall-hit idea (I also assume you don't wanna get hit yourself):smallfrown:

You can edit the comic and have him scratch me. :smallsmile:

@Lemming: The whole point of this thread is to descuss ABR related issues, not to avoid them just because it leads to a small argument.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 12:41 PM

That's exactly what I've been arguing against. :smallannoyed:

Sorry, it just kinda struck a nerve. Let me clarify this:

First, the UNA doesn't really call them FAIL that much. It's more the general populace. It started on the show, but then people who watched it started using it. Soon, it was a rather popular name.
Second, Nameless is against the whole name even existing. Not really sure why, except that he thinks it's 'silly'.
The way I thought it was a compromise is that I went from the UNA exclusively referring to the ALF as FAIL, and encouraging everyone to do so, to it just being a nickname from a TV show. It would appear that it was not much of a compromise, but that's what I thought.

Did you even read anything I posted? You're telling Kev to pay attention when you obviously haven't payed attention to any of my arguments.

1- No it doesn't. Governments don’t give terrorist groups different names, especially silly ones.
3- Why can't you just drop it? If it's just a minor detail, why do you insist on it even though no everyone agrees on it.
4- It doesn't matter that I don't refer to them as FAIL, it's still stupid to give them two names because of the reasons above.
5- It's not a compromise at all, ALF are still being called FAIL which is what I'm arguing against. If they're still going to be called FAIL then how is this a compromise?
8- FFF had to come to an end at some point, so do all plots, that's what happens. FI just offered something else to do once it's over.
You can’t call an organisation a completely different name in a comic where everyone contributes.
It’s like me calling the UN, STB. No one would know what I’m talking about. You want to make it more realistic, and if you’re the only one in the comic calling it FAIL then technically none of the other characters wouldn’t know what you’re one is talking about because it’s “realistic”.
9- And how is calling them FAIL realistic? Since when does anyone give a joke name to a terrorist group, or any enemy. Do we have a joke name for the IRA? Hamas? Did we have one for the NAZI's? We have never given a joke name to a group of people who are terrorists or kill people.

Keris
2009-03-06, 01:21 PM
But kids TV shows do.

An additional detail that adds to the setting.

If we only did what everyone agrees on, then we wouldn't do anything. And then we'd disagree about that too.

FAIL isn't a name for them, it's a colloquialism used by the public. People can refer to you as both Nameless and the Grim Reaper can't they?

It is a compromise. Gremlin wanted the UNA to call ALF FAIL, and never ALF, but has now compromised and FAIL is a colloquialism used occasionally by the public. You're the one who's refusing to compromise.

But now it's a lot more structured, and FI is more structured too. If you don't like it, join SDSB or stick to random kills.

You may find it annoying, but it's something you'll have to live with.

He won't be the only one putting FAIL in his comics. And if needs be, we can explain where the term came from in comic.

It's not a joke name given by the UNA, it's a joke name created for a kids TV program, and draws such obvious parallels to ALF that most people in FI will know what you're talking about if you call ALF FAIL.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 01:38 PM
1- No they don't. :smallconfused: Since when would a kids TV show involve politics and terrorism? I'm sorry but that makes so sense at all.
2- It doesn't add anything to the setting.
3- *Read bottom post.
4- People don't usually give joke names to a terrorist group though, at least in a "realistic" setting.
5- Actually, he wanted ALF to be the name, and FAIL to be the name used by the government. So really, now all it is that it's used by the public, so if anything it's going to be used more.
6- I never said I didn't like it, I'm looking forward to FI
7- But if it's "just a name" and "no big deal" and not everyone likes it, why use it?
8- What?
9- I'm talking about the characters themselves, technically, in a realistic setting, if only a small group of people use the term FAIL such as Gremlin, most people in the setting won't understand it.

*I say the best way to sort this out is a simple vote. Those who want the name being used as a joke by some of the public because of a kids TV show, and those who don’t think it’s necessary to have it in.

I don’t want to use it because it’s unrealistic to give a terrorist organisation that supposedly kills people a joke name from a KIDS TV SHOW that involves serious politics in it for some reason. To me that sounds redicules.
I also think it's unnecessary and irrelevant.

And also because I find it annoying. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-03-06, 01:55 PM
1- No they don't. :smallconfused: Since when would a kids TV show involve politics and terrorism? I'm sorry but that makes so sense at all.
When it's propoganda. That's when.
Anyway, if you hate it so much don't use it. Sure it's silly, but people in real life are not 100% serious. I didn't see you complaining about the fox-girl who bludgeons people with a giant bell, Stephen Mask getting killed like eight times and then showing up just fine when somebody else made a comic, The Grim Reaper running around adventuring, a 500 year old revolutionary leader, a hive mind that controls hat-wearing spherical robots, a nation origionally created to handwave peoples sci-fi characters now having a lengthy history, penguins, a giant flying yellow citadel, or countless other "Silly" things in ABR.

Keris
2009-03-06, 01:55 PM
When the TV show consists of little less than propaganda. Like Captain America. But we don't call the Nazis Nazis, we came up with another name for them.

2- It doesn't add anything to the setting.
It adds something. Not much, but it's not nothing.

3- *Read bottom post.
Will do.

4- People don't usually give joke names to a terrorist group though, at least in a "realistic" setting.
But people do associate what they see on TV with real life, even if they're watching fiction.

5- Actually, he wanted ALF to be the name, and FAIL to be the name used by the government. So really, now all it is that it's used by the public, so if anything it's going to be used more.
A name occasionally used by the public in light conversation. And before the public is part of the UNA.

6- I never said I didn't like it, I'm looking forward to FI
But if you like structure, why are you trying to get us to be more random?

7- But if it's "just a name" and "no big deal" and not everyone likes it, why use it?
Because there are some who do like it.
If it's "just a name" and "no big deal" and we like it, why shouldn't we use it?

8- What?
9- I'm talking about the characters themselves, technically, in a realistic setting, if only a small group of people use the term FAIL such as Gremlin, most people in the setting won't understand it.
So am I. We can have a character mention FAIL in a comic to another character, who then acts confused, and the first character explains the idea behind it. Then it'll be canon.

*I say the best way to sort this out is a simple vote. Those who want the name being used as a joke by some of the public because of a kids TV show, and those who don’t think it’s necessary to have it in.
Well, that kind of goes against the "do what you want" spirit of ABR, but sure. One vote for not kicking out the idea of using FAIL.

I don’t want to use it because it’s unrealistic to give a terrorist organisation that supposedly kills people a joke name from a KIDS TV SHOW that involves serious politics in it for some reason.
Captain America beats up Nazi's on a regular basis. Tony Stark is seen taking his fateful injury in the middle east in his latest incarnation. And this is a propaganda riddled show about someone defending the UNA against its enemies, realistically they'd have a parallel to ALF, and if the show is widespread, realistically people would use the parallel in real life discussions.

I also think it's unnecessary and irrelevant.

And also because I find it annoying. :smalltongue:
So you're against it because you don't like it. While we've been working at including other people's ideas in some way, even if it wasn't how they originally saw them being used.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-06, 01:59 PM
So do we count Threeshades' latest comic as taking place before the Mass Fly? :smallconfused:

Threeshades
2009-03-06, 02:11 PM
everybody's talking about mass fly spells. I must have missed that part in the comic.

memnarch
2009-03-06, 02:22 PM
The mass fly comic hasn't been made yet I believe.

Threeshades
2009-03-06, 02:27 PM
then why should it nt be before the mass fly? :smallconfused:

Keris
2009-03-06, 02:32 PM
The mass fly comic hasn't been made yet I believe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/Inpositionandmovingup.png

:smallsigh:

memnarch
2009-03-06, 02:46 PM
Ah. So it's an "off-panel" thing. No wonder I didn't notice it.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 02:50 PM
It doesn't matter if they do or don't. Why on earth would they call them FAIL? It doesn't make any sense. You don't give a joke name to a terrorist organisation, it doesn't happen. Terrorism is something serious, giving them a joke name is beyond stupid, it's completely ridicules.

If FI is supposed to be structured and serious why would you even consider using the world "FAIL". It's hypocritical. It's like having a hardcore horror film and all of a sudden care bears come out and sing.
... Well not that extreme but you get what I mean.
It doesn't fit.

So am I. We can have a character mention FAIL in a comic to another character, who then acts confused, and the first character explains the idea behind it. Then it'll be canon.

You misunderstood me. Think about it like this.
There are ten people. Everyone is religious. They all call their God X. But one person decides to call the God Y. When he talks to the other people about Lord X but calls him Lord Y, they're not going to know what he's talking about.

So you're against it because you don't like it. While we've been working at including other people's ideas in some way, even if it wasn't how they originally saw them being used.

No Keris, your separating one of my arguments and arguing against it with out the other ones I spoke about making it look like that's the only thing I said in that post.
I've given lists of why I don't think we should use it.
Also, note the smiley at the end of that point.

Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to use a different name that actually makes sense like "The Terrorists" or "Igon's army" or something along those lines?
Something with out an acronym.
It works much better and is less confusing because it doesn't sound like an official name, but still gives another name for people to use.
I think that's a fair compromise.

Use FAIL- 1
Don't use FAIL- 1

Threeshades
2009-03-06, 02:54 PM
:smallsigh:

Ah that one. Yeah I see now. I stopped reading it after the second panel because i was lawling at the name Spangenhelm too hard. :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn
2009-03-06, 03:19 PM
Vampire Rot, it's apparent that we will get little to no respect here, so I say we just either wait for FI, or fight the Shades. Just a suggestion, seeing as we have only been put in two comics besides our own. Or so.
@Nameless: Chalk up another vote for not-fail, if mine counts.

Keris
2009-03-06, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter if they do or don't. Why on earth would they call them FAIL? It doesn't make any sense. You don't give a joke name to a terrorist organisation, it doesn't happen. Terrorism is something serious, giving them a joke name is beyond stupid, it's completely ridicules.
It's a from kids show. That's the in universe explanation behind the name. The hero regularly defeats the goons of the evil organisation "FAIL" who plan to overthrow the UNA and 'liberate' the population.
Out of universe, we're using the name because we're trying to compromise here.

If FI is supposed to be structured and serious why would you even consider using the world "FAIL". It's hypocritical. It's like having a hardcore horror film and all of a sudden care bears come out and sing.
... Well not that extreme but you get what I mean.
It doesn't fit.
It's like having an additional level of detail in what is meant to be a complex plotline. ALF is so unreal to most of the population of Avbaroy, it's like something out of a kids show. Hey, it's just like the organisation in that show there!

You misunderstood me. Think about it like this.
There are ten people. Everyone is religious. They all call their God X. But one person decides to call the God Y. When he talks to the other people about Lord X but calls him Lord Y, they're not going to know what he's talking about.
But, if the religion refers to a particular sect as Sect A, but then someone calls it Sect B, because their just like that sect on TV, then it might catch on.

No Keris, your separating one of my arguments and arguing against it with out the other ones I spoke about making it look like that's the only thing I said in that post.
I've given lists of why I don't think we should use it.
Also, note the smiley at the end of that point.
Well, I didn't exactly ignore the other points. My argument was that those reasons are invalid.

Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to use a different name that actually makes sense like "The Terrorists" or "Igon's army" or something along those lines?
Something with out an acronym.
It works much better and is less confusing because it doesn't sound like an official name, but still gives another name for people to use.
I think that's a fair compromise.

It's a name from a kids show. It's not meant to be a serious name.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 03:46 PM
But it would make more sense to give them another name which doesn't sound like an official name and isn't yet another acronym.
And a terrorist group and joke one is still unrealistic, whether it's from a kids show or not. You would want to warn the kids about the group, make them look evil not make them look funny.

VampireRot
2009-03-06, 04:09 PM
Meh. stop arguing. Its getting annoying.

As for the Energy drain, as I see it, it doesn't need to be a slam attack or any other natural wepons, thats just for D&D. If a vampire can energy drain by hitting people with a part of its body, it makes sence that on any physical contact (such as a poke) could let said vampire energy drain. And she is not paralysed, just surprised. I mean, if it felt like your very life energy was being sucked out, what would you do?

But with the mass fly spell, Threeshade jumping on me is before that, then they both go back and get the spell, and start flying up, right?

And shouldn't someone make a new thread or something?

Lemming
2009-03-06, 04:14 PM
I vote Not-fail. It seems to me that people would actually call the TV version the original name instead of the other way around. Unless they don't want their kids to know what's going on with the terrorists in the real world, then they might say FAIL when the kids are around (highly unlikely). But aside from that people would recognize that FAIL is just a take-off of ALF, and call FAIL ALF. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Besides, every other media probably calls it ALF, why would ONE TV show make people call an organization a joke name when EVERYTHING ELSE (newspapers, government, etc.) calls it something else. The show might be popular, but it can't make everyone call a terrorist organization a joke name.

*cough*This sounds more like "people arguing and then not listening to the other persons argument, accusing the other person of not listening to their argument, and then throwing their previous argument back at them." than "discussion".*cough* What? I didn't say anything.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 04:25 PM
I vote Not-fail. It seems to me that people would actually call the TV version the original name instead of the other way around. Unless they don't want their kids to know what's going on with the terrorists in the real world, then they might say FAIL when the kids are around (highly unlikely). But aside from that people would recognize that FAIL is just a take-off of ALF, and call FAIL ALF. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Besides, every other media probably calls it ALF, why would ONE TV show make people call an organization a joke name when EVERYTHING ELSE (newspapers, government, etc.) calls it something else. The show might be popular, but it can't make everyone call a terrorist organization a joke name.

*cough*This sounds more like "people arguing and then not listening to the other persons argument, accusing the other person of not listening to their argument, and then throwing their previous argument back at them." than "discussion".*cough* What? I didn't say anything.

You can't use a real terrorist group on kids TV (overcarring parents would sue you for it) So they made one that's close enough for adults to know it but far enough to protect the kids (and they can make fun of it without disrespect of the memory of ALF's victims)

Lemming
2009-03-06, 04:36 PM
You can't use a real terrorist group on kids TV (overcarring parents would sue you for it) So they made one that's close enough for adults to know it but far enough to protect the kids (and they can make fun of it without disrespect of the memory of ALF's victims)

I know! But people in real life would still refer to the organization in the show as ALF. The show would still call it FAIL. :smallannoyed:

Nameless
2009-03-06, 04:37 PM
I cant remember why the ALF don't like the UNA to be honest. :smalltongue:

Use FAIL- 1
Don't use FAIL- 3

Lemming
2009-03-06, 04:39 PM
Because the UNA stole Lying's cookie! :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 04:54 PM
I cant remember why the ALF don't like the UNA to be honest. :smalltongue:

Use FAIL- 1
Don't use FAIL- 3

We know INS evil plans.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-03-06, 04:58 PM
Ah that one. Yeah I see now. I stopped reading it after the second panel because i was lawling at the name Spangenhelm too hard. :smallbiggrin:

:smallconfused:

I don't know why, it's the name of the helmet design that his head is based off.

BRC
2009-03-06, 05:05 PM
I vote for FAIL. One that note, can we all agree to abide by this vote. Really, I don't care one way or another (Though considering my arguments, apparently I do), but when we say we arn't using it, Gremlin is insistant that we do (Actually, he suggested a reasonable compromise), Nameless is then insistant that we don't use it. Neither side is willing to back down, so lets let this vote settle the issue once and for all.

For the sake of completness, let's say that when there have been no votes for 24 hours, the voting is closed and the current tally stands, unless it's a tie in which case we extend it another 24 hours. Otherwise the voting is never officially over, and is therefore fairly pointless.

Nameless
2009-03-06, 05:08 PM
I vote for FAIL. One that note, can we all agree to abide by this vote. Really, I don't care one way or another (Though considering my arguments, apparently I do), but when we say we arn't using it, Gremlin is insistant that we do (Actually, he suggested a reasonable compromise), Nameless is then insistant that we don't use it. Neither side is willing to back down, so lets let this vote settle the issue once and for all.

For the sake of completness, let's say that when there have been no votes for 24 hours, the voting is closed and the current tally stands, unless it's a tie in which case we extend it another 24 hours. Otherwise the voting is never officially over, and is therefore fairly pointless.

And I Suggested that we give them another name, but not a silly joke name or acronym.

Use FAIL- 2
Don't use FAIL- 3

Emperor Ing
2009-03-06, 05:10 PM

I have no idea what's going on. :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn
2009-03-06, 05:13 PM
We know INS evil plans.

Our great and glorious leader would never plot anything sinister! It's that Igon and his Terrorist Resistance!

Threeshades
2009-03-06, 05:14 PM
:smallconfused:

I don't know why, it's the name of the helmet design that his head is based off.

And its correct. It sounds funny nevertheless. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 06:06 PM
I vote for FAIL.

@Falgorn: One of my characters will soon agree with you but right now they all are criminals (exept those who don't exist and work for the resistance spy department wich doesn't exist either:smalltongue:) so they don't care what your opinion is.

@Rand: Gremlin wanned the UNA to call the resisytance (ALF) for FAIL bt some dislike that, he then compromised saying that it's what public people call them because of that's what a terrorist group that's supossed to be a pparody of them from a TV show is called.

The Gremlin
2009-03-06, 06:09 PM
Okay, first of all:
It is not a kids' show!!!
By all accounts, it is a very mature show.
Second:
Put in another vote for 'use FAIL'.
Finally: People use it because it's politically correct, and also catchy. Also, because the show is very popular.
Now, this vote doesn't really matter. Especially if it is a tie. We'll call them FAIL and ALF, and you guys can rant about it all you like, that will change nothing. So it's a bit pointless.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-06, 06:13 PM
Okay, first of all:
It is not a kids' show!!!
By all accounts, it is a very mature show.
Second:
Put in another vote for 'use FAIL'.
Finally: People use it because it's politically correct, and also catchy. Also, because the show is very popular.
Now, this vote doesn't really matter. Especially if it is a tie. We'll call them FAIL and ALF, and you guys can rant about it all you like, that will change nothing. So it's a bit pointless.
Gremlinss growing up, guys! Not everything is immiture now. :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2009-03-06, 06:17 PM
Gremlinss growing up, guys! Not everything is immiture now. :smallsmile:

.....huh? What are you talking about? :smallconfused:

memnarch
2009-03-06, 06:18 PM
Argument about FAIL vs ALF: "tl, dr".