PDA

View Full Version : GLoG 31: To live defeated and inglorious is to die daily

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 06:49 PM
Security drones arrive and start spraying James with fire extinguisher.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 06:51 PM
Misaki undeadtimes in the infirmary and looks around. "...Quinn?"

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 06:55 PM
pop!

Dani, in her swimsuit, appears in the infirmary, holding a fully clothed, soaking wet, and rather singed Quinn...

I think she got a little crispy! the tiny redhead chirps as she manages to deposit the semi-consious Quinn onto a bed.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 06:56 PM
Misaki's eyes got wide, and she dashed over to Quinn's bedside. "Quinn!"

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:03 PM
The fire extinguisher does nothing. And the drones probably start shooting him too.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 07:06 PM
Four more drones arrive and attempt to encase James in an anti-magic field...

Remind me never to knock out a fire elemental... Quinn mutters with a small grin as the meddrones start applying painkillers and burn salve.

Dani steps back and looks on worriedly.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:07 PM
Misaki reaches out towards Quinn, but doesn't actually touch her for fear of hurting her. "Please be okay, Quinn..."

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:09 PM
The flames die down for the most part, except for some small residual fires that the fire extinguisher drones take care of. There's a colourful light show as James' anti-heat/flame spells applied to himself and his robes battle the anti-magic field for supremecy.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 07:17 PM
Two more security drones arrive to try and beef up the AMF.

More drones swarm the area in an attempt to carry James off to the detention wing.

Quinn reaches over to take Misaki's hand and squeeze it gently. I'll be fine, sweetie...

Dani quietly goes to slip away...

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:21 PM
He's carried off, but it looks like he'll need some serious medical attention for that leg. Some of the weaker spells die off. Then some of the stronger ones. Then there's one left. Aw. It's gone.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:21 PM
Misaki held Quinn's hand and tried not to cry.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 07:23 PM
Vidalia wakes up in the Infirmary. What's going on??

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 07:30 PM
And the drones chuck James into the anti-magic cell until someone can give him the restorative potion...

Quinn squeezes Misaki's hand again. I'll be OK, sweetie. I promise.
She looks over at Vidalia, managing not to wince. You're in the Infirmary, she manages to say.

Dani dives back into the pool and resumes fericiously swimming.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:32 PM
He starts to struggle awake. He looks around. And grunts. He tries to fireball his way out of the cell, then shouts in frustration when he can't.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:33 PM
"Why do people keep hurting you...?" Misaki used the hand that wasn't holding Quinn's to wipe at her eyes.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 07:35 PM
[Pool Area]

The Judy plot-clone walks in. I thought I'd find you here. How are you doing? Did you find Sam?

+++++++++++++++++++

[infirmary]

How'd.... never mind. Where's Herbert?

Here, Miss Vidalia.

++++++++++++++

[In her own cell]

Shut up already!!

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:36 PM
James shouts at Lex, and starts shaking the bars of his cell.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 07:38 PM
Dani pauses, looking up at Judy and shaking her head as she floats clinging to the side of the pool. No...I don't even know where to start looking. She sighs.

Because I keep putting myself in position to be hurt helping them? Quinn asks, softly. Don't cry...

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:39 PM
"You're so nice... why would people want to hurt you? I don't understand..."

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 07:40 PM
There's shouting in the detention cells!

Butler goes to investigate. "Oh, hello sir. Hello ma'am." I don't recall if he's met either of them.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:42 PM
James tries to leap at the bars, but falls on his face cause he could push himself off with fire. The badly mutilated leg can't help. He settles for screeching at butler.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 07:46 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex looks at Butler. She knew who he was, because she used to make it a point to know all new members.

Hello, Butler. As you can tell, I've been locked up in here by mistake. Could you kindly let me out? She gives him her best innocent face.

+++++++++++++++++++

[Infirmary]

Herbert, take me to where Corentin is, if he's inside GLoG.

Herbert does a search of the security cameras to locate Corentin.

++++++++++++++++

I can't help you with that Dani. I wish I could. Judy sits down on the edge of the pool side.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:47 PM
Corentin is not inside GLoG at this time.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 07:49 PM
"I'm sorry sir. I don't understand sir." He's remarkably calm and undisturbed by the screeching. Kinda creepy actually.

He turns to Lex and looks mildly apologetic. "I'm sorry ma'am. I'm only allowed to let Wenomir or someone who has his permission out ma'am. It's an order ma'am."

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 07:50 PM
Some people just want to hurt other people no matter what, Quinn says sadly. And sometimes they hurt people without meaning to.

Dani smiles and pulls herself out of the water to sit next to Judy. I know. And that means a lot to me, Judy. She smiles, weakly yet genuinely. How are you and Mint?

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 07:53 PM
James just keeps on screeching.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 07:55 PM
Misaki just holds Quinn's hand, trying to be brave and hold back her tears.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 07:57 PM
[Detention Cell]

Oh. That's too bad. I just wanted to try one of your famous kisses. I hear you are the best kisser in all the land. Lex says conversationally.

+++++++++++++++

[Infirmary]

Master Corentin is not currently in GLoG, Miss Vidalia.

Okay then. Locate either Tia, Butler, Sunny, or Decker, in that order.

++++++++++++++++

[Poolside]

We are doing fine. The wedding is supposed to be this weekend. Do you think you can make it? I... wouldn't ask, but.... well Wenomir's disappeared and you are the last friend I have here. Judy watches Dani and splashes her feet lightly in the water.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 07:59 PM
"I'm sorry sir. I really can't help you sir. Try speaking words sir."

Butler blushes slightly. :smallredface: "Really ma'am? You heard that ma'am?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:01 PM
[Detention Cell]

I sure did. Too bad I'll never know the greatness of your tender kisses. Lex pouts a little.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:04 PM
[Detention Cell]

"Oh, well ma'am. Wenomir didn't say anything about stepping inside for a short while ma'am. So long as you don't leave it'll be ok ma'am." Butler nods. Yep yep. And starts heading for the key-rack if it looks like Lex is interested.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:06 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex looks very interested. Oh that would be great Butler. Would you really do that for me!?

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 08:06 PM
Screech Screech Screech. And some shouting too. Much gesturing with arms and a distinct lack of fire.

((Teehee. I like Butler so much.))

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:08 PM
[Detention Cell]

Butler is pretty much ignoring James at this point, loathe though he is to do it.

"Certainly ma'am. It'd be no trouble ma'am." He gives a small smile and moves to unlock Lex's door and step inside, trying to close it behind him.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 08:09 PM
The Shadow of Chelonie walks into the detention wing and follows Butler through the doorway of Lex's cell.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 08:09 PM
Quinn squeezes Misaki's hand gently as she starts to drift off into painkiller-induced sleep.

Dani nods, then leans over and hugs Judy tightly. I promised I'd be your flower girl, didn't I? Of course I'll be there! She smiles, looking more like her usual self. I wouldn't miss it for almost anything!

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 08:11 PM
Misaki will stay by Quinn as before, not leaving her side.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:16 PM
Vidalia will head toward the Detention Cells, guided by Herbert.

+++++++++++++++

[Detention Cells]

Not noticing Chelonie's Shadow, Lex uses her pixie magic to try to reduce Butler to her size. We need to be equal in size to truly enjoy it, right?

+++++++++++++++

[Pool]

Great!! Would you like to see our cottage? It should be fixed up by now.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:18 PM
[Detention Cells]

Butler shrinks! "That's true ma'am. And impressive ma'am. How did you get bigger ma'am?" Butler heads over to Lex, admiring her ability to change size like that. Sort of like Vidalia does!

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 08:18 PM
And Quinn holds her hand tight even as she sleep, the meddrones buzzing around tending to and healing her.

Dani grins and nods. I'd love to! She giggles and hops up, clearly ready to go right now, in her swimwear. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 08:20 PM
The Shadow closes and locks the door of the cell, even though Butler still holds the key. It is not pleased. Pixie magic should be blocked by the anti-magic. It tries to increase the anti-magic field.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:25 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex gives Butler a quick frown. What an idiot! She thinks.

Pixie Magic, Butler. She says with a smile. Did I just hear the door shut? Again, thoughts.

She moves closer to him, removing her top, a wicked smile now on her face.
She tries to wrap herself around him and waits for him to kiss her.

[Pool]

Judy stands up, wearing a tight fitting pair of jeans, and a bikini top. Let's go. She reaches for Dani's hand and will take them to the Forest Cottage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115169).

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:29 PM
[Detention Cells]

Well the door was already closed. But I completely forgot about the anti-magic field! :smalleek: Sowwy.

Well... I suppose that means Butler is shrunk until magic can be used again. To make him big once more. In the meantime, he's stuck since the increase of anti-magic probably won't let Lex reverse the effects.

Butler grins a bit at Lex's top removal. Must've skimped a little on his pills since getting back. Especially after meeting Vidalia, and being frustrated at not feeling the enthusiasm he knew he should have felt.

He moves in and kisses Lex as she wraps around him. One world class, curse-breaking, awe inspiring Butler kiss coming up.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 08:29 PM
The mood's probably ruined by all of the screeching.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 08:30 PM
Dani, wearing her distinctly-skimpy-in-the-backside one-piece swimsuit takes Judy's hand with a smile, and off they go!

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 08:34 PM
The Shadow just watches. It pretty much looks like Chelonie, just all spectral.

Darkcomet
2009-06-19, 08:36 PM
DC finishes his gun (which his player has not really decided on what exactly it is) and heads to the great room.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:37 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex feels the bliss and greatness that is a Butler kiss. Her eyes closed. Goddess, this is great. She thinks as she reaches one hand down Butler's leg and carefully feels for the key.

+++++++++++++

Vidalia is almost there. She is taking her time going down the stairs.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 08:38 PM
Susan's in the great room, tossing a knife from hand to hand idly. She stops and waves to DC as he comes in.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:41 PM
[Detention Cell]

Pretty hard to ruin the mood of a Butler kiss. And he keeps it up too. Kissing is fun for Butler as well. *nod nod*

The key has been lifted. Lousy pixie thieves.
Granted its too small for its lock now I'd imagine. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 08:42 PM
Quinn stirs a little in her sleep, murmuring softly.

There's a knock on the door.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 08:44 PM
Too small for the lock, yes. And there's a Shadow standing right in front of the door.

Still just watching.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 08:47 PM
Misaki leans a little closer, trying to catch what Quinn is saying.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 08:47 PM
Susan heads over to the door and opens it.
"Hello." She says. "I probably shouldn't be opening this." She says, then shrugs.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 08:51 PM
Quinn's muttering something about "Toby". She sounds happy.

Susan finds this fellow (http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0906/d19/1545/dff3146.png) standing at the door.
Well, without the drawn weapons of course.
Hello there, ma'am, he says formally. This is the Good League of Good?

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 08:52 PM
Not knowing who Toby is, Misaki sits back, confused.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 08:54 PM
"Yes..." Says Susan. Then she mutters something about everyone calling her ma'am. "Why?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 08:58 PM
[Detention Cell]

Yes!! Now to just wait for the magic to wear off.... Lex looks up toward the door. Wait.... Lex shoves Butler away and covers herself up.

Who's that?? She points at the shadow.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 08:59 PM
Butler is shoved away and looks around confused. Mostly at the shadow. "I have no idea ma'am. Excuse me sir. Who are you sir?"

I betcha his voice is all high pitched and stuff.

Wait... why was the shadow so big? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 09:00 PM
Quinn's smiling in her sleep too. Seems her dreams of Toby are pleasant ones.

My name is Alexsandr, Alexsandr Hercuels Russkij. The young man bows a little. I've been sent here by my...great-grandparents. Where we live isn't really safe anymore and they want me to stay here.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 09:01 PM
[Detention Cell]

You know who I am, Lex. It's Chelonie's mental voice. But there's something different about it.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 09:06 PM
Turtle!! Lex replies, mentally. Her eyes go wide. But.... but... but.. you're dead!!! She blubbers out loud.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 09:07 PM
Quinn's smiling in her sleep too. Seems her dreams of Toby are pleasant ones.

My name is Alexsandr, Alexsandr Hercuels Russkij. The young man bows a little. I've been sent here by my...great-grandparents. Where we live isn't really safe anymore and they want me to stay here.
Susan stiffles a laugh at the last part.
"They want you to stay here... so you'll be safe? Whatever you say." Says Susan. "There's probably some sort of procedure to go through to get in. Drone!" Susan yells.
Irritated statement: You know, we're only supposed to answer to members.
Excited statement: Someone new!
Standard Greeting: Welcome to the Good League of Good.
Statement that insinuates that I am a four year old: I'll go get you a membership form!
"You don't actually need to sign anything to stay here. They don't seem to actually care." Says Susan.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 09:08 PM
"I'm not dead ma'am. And neither is that person there ma'am. Though they are being awfully quiet ma'am." Really... why is it so big?

He glances back at Lex. "Are you alright ma'am?" :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 09:10 PM
Reinholdt tried to kill me. And then Astir tried to kill me. But I'm not dead. Chelonie's Shadow answers Lex.

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 09:13 PM
Alex shrugs, chuckling. Either way I might as well go through the proper formalities, just for the sake of being proper.

And when the drone returns with the form, he fills it out!

Name: Alexsandr Hercules Russkij
Current Alignment: Chaotic Good
Desired Alignment: Chaotic Good
Profession: None yet
Race: Human/Drow/Brass Dragon
Why do you want to join GLoG?: Sent here by family
Any other important information: Define 'important'.

He hands it to the drone who hurries off with it to do drone-y things with it.

Before he can say anything else, though, a deadtime ooze lands on his head!

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 09:14 PM
[Detention Cell]

Then why are you shadowy and only speaking to me in the mental voice? Lex drops her arms from her chest, not caring to cover up anymore.

It says it's Chelonie, my former mistress. Lex nods toward Chelonie's Shadow. She then tries to pull Butler into a kisss again.

Butler should maybe start feeling the original spell wear-off any time now. The key won't grow bigger, by the way.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 09:19 PM
...f-former? Y-you've left me? :smallfrown: And Lex should feel a wave of brokenhearted sorrow in her mind. And having had much experience of Chelonie's many heartbreaks, Lex will probably find that it feels... pretty much just like a heartbroken Chelonie.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 09:20 PM
[Detention Cell]

Awww... no perma-shrunk Butler. Oh well. It'll wear off next post.

"Mrs. Amakirr ma'am? Really ma'am? When I saw her yesterday she was in a wheelchair and... less shadowy... and smaller ma'am. Are you sure ma'am?"

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 09:22 PM
Corentin Apollinaire rushes into GLoG, looking for Vidalia.

Jacklu
2009-06-19, 09:26 PM
Tia undeadtimes. She heads for the front room and finds a drone. Umm... hey, Mr. Robot... Do you know where Vidalia is right now?

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 09:29 PM
Corentin will find Vidalia halfway down the Detention Cell stairs. She's sitting.

+++++++++++++++++++

Lex starts to cry. You're dead!! I read the bullettin board. I may not like Darkcomet, but he'd never lie about that. Never!!

I can't serve a dead Mistress. this she says outloud.

Then she looks at Butler. Fire blazing in her eyes. You're a fool Butler!! She tries to fly at and then past Shadow of Chelonie.

((DEADTIME for 30 minutes.))

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 09:31 PM
Corentin will sit next to Vidalia on the stairs and wait for her to undeadtime.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 09:32 PM
:smalleek: :smallfrown:
"But... but... was it something I said ma'am?" He has no idea where this came from.

He grows back to his size. And now is really confused. "I... you're shrinking again ma'am." Butler backs away from Lex since she seems to have it out for a shadow person... who's smaller too. Huh?

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-19, 09:33 PM
Runner and Skrall2 undeadtime in the great room.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 09:41 PM
Insulting statement: Find her yourself, Meatbag.
Apologetic Statement: I apologize, I did not mean that, please forgive me.
Snarky addition: Meatbag.
Actually helpful statement: Try the detention wing.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 09:47 PM
[Detention Cell]

He didn't lie. He was just wrong. I didn't die. I'm lying in the infirmary right now.

There is nowhere to fly 'past' Chelonie. She's standing directly in front of the door, with her back to it. Unless you mean for Lex to slam into the wall. =/

Now that Butler is full size again, he should be able to recognize the resemblance between the Shadow and Chelonie. It looks like a spectral form of her.

It looks at Butler and speaks aloud. "She's not well, Butler. You should leave before she tries to hurt you."

There is an invisible field in the doorway which will make no effort to impede Lex. But if Lex tries to fly though, it should react like a fine net, giving enough to prevent her taking harm, but not allowing her to escape.

Jacklu
2009-06-19, 09:53 PM
Oh... thank you. Tia heads off in the direction of the detention cells, trying to find Vidalia.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 09:55 PM
Unhelpful and some would say completely unnecessary addition: Meatbag.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 10:43 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex tries to push her way past Shadow of Chelonie. Out of my way Shadow!! I'll see if she's alive for myself!! She flames up trying to burn the Shadow.

+++++++++++

[Stairwell.]

Vidalia wakens. Hello Love! She opens her arms waiting for him.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 10:48 PM
Corentin hugs Vidalia. "I have fantastic news, my beloved! Yaza has agreed to fix your eyes!"

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 10:49 PM
[Detention Cell]
"Oh, um, I think I'll be ok ma'am. She probably wouldn't hurt me ma'am. That and I can't really go past her ma'am. She's on fire ma'am... YOU'RE ON FIRE MA'AM!!" :smalleek:

EEK! She's going to burn! Butler looks around for some water to splash on Lex, and spotting the sink, turns it on and starts shoveling water towards the pixie to put her out before she burns up.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 10:51 PM
James starts to lunge at Lex through the bars of his cell.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 10:51 PM
[Detention Cell]

Please don't. I'll come to see you in body when I can. But adding to the injuries your husband gave me will only delay that.

Lex, don't you know me? After everything we've been through together?

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0906/d19/2254/df8b934.png

((Sorry, Bill, the detention cells don't have bars. Otherwise pixies and shapechangers could escape))

[Infirmary Room 2]

A pixie sized burn forms on Chelonie's body, and she whimpers in her sleep.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 10:54 PM
Then he rams against the wall.

Jacklu
2009-06-19, 10:54 PM
Tia is still on her way towards the detention cells. As her player is clueless as to the lay out of this place, it is up in the air who she will meet or where she will pass through on the way there.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 10:58 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex pulls back and looks at Shadow of Chelonie. She looks hurt. Astir hurt you? Why would he do that?

The fire seems to go out with the water splashed on her.

+++++++++++++

[Stairwell]

That sounds great!! Vidalia hugs him tighter.

I can't wait to see you again. She starts to weep.

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 11:00 PM
Corentin stroked her hair. "Come with me. She's waiting for us right now. I'll take you to her."

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 11:01 PM
[Detention Cell]

Butler gives a sigh of relief. Then works on checking Lex for burn wounds that need to be dealt with right away. Huh. Odd. Doesn't seem to be any obviously visible ones...

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 11:03 PM
[Detention Cell]

I don't know. He seems to think I'm the one who killed Reinholdt. He almost killed Marley too, and you know Marley could never hurt anyone.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 11:06 PM
[Stairs]

Okay. Vidalia stands up and follows Corentin. They might find Tia along the way.

[Detention Cell]

Lex tries to snuggle Shadow of Chelonie. Then looks at Butler. What are you doing?

Neon Knight
2009-06-19, 11:10 PM
Corentin will lead Vidalia to the Monument as quickly as possible.

happyturtle
[Detention Cell]

When Lex burnt the Shadow, it didn't seem physical, but now that she's trying to snuggle it, it feels almost like she's snuggling Chelonie. Not exactly the same, but mostly so.

Lex, I love you. I don't want to have to keep you locked up like this. Please renounce your marriage. Please?

Reinholdt
[Detention Cell]

"You were on fire ma'am. I was afraid you got hurt ma'am. But you seem to be lucky that it went out when it did ma'am. If you're on fire for too long you'll get burned ma'am." He keeps going around and making sure. Miraculous.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 11:19 PM
[Detention Cell]

O...okay. I'll renounce him. Lex says to Shadow of Chelonie. Can I get out now?

She pulls away from Shadow and turns to Butler. I can't burn. The fire is a part of me. Watch. She flares up again.

[Top of the Stairs]

Vidalia is rushed to the mountain. She senses Tia nearby. Come with us......

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 11:20 PM
[Detention Cell]

"GAH... but you're... it's fire... and... ma'am..." I think Butler's brain broke.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 11:22 PM
[Detention Cell]

"Butler, you need to leave. That is an order. And you are not to visit the detention wing again unless another member is with you. That is an order too. Do you understand?" The Shadow's voice is firm.

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 11:23 PM
James again starts ramming the wall of his cell to try and get to Lex.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 11:38 PM
[Detention Cell]

He don't need to leave. I like his kisses. Lex winks at Butler. She's still topless, btw.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 11:40 PM
"Oh... um, yes ma'am." :smallfrown: He did something wrong again, didn't he? And how is he supposed to clean this place up now? Oh noes! The drones will get to do it. Accursed drones.

He looks dejected. But perks up a bit at Lex's comment. And looks at shadow person, mildly hopeful. But it was an order too... so unless Chelonie says otherwise, starts working towards the door.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 11:46 PM
Lex flies over to Butler and tries to kiss him. Stay!!! I'm.... lonely. She frowns.

happyturtle
2009-06-19, 11:49 PM
[Detention Cell]

"Butler, you must leave right now." Very firm voice now, with a hint of displeasure that wasn't there before.

Shadow reaches out to try and catch Lex. "She won't be lonely. I'm still here."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 11:53 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex is caught easily. But... it's not the same. You're married to Fanboy.

Reinholdt
2009-06-19, 11:55 PM
Butler pauses as he is given conflicting orders and is kissed.

And then is yelled at more for pausing. What did he do, honest? :frown:

He slowly steps towards the door to leave. But stalls after he steps outside the cell to see if he's really not needed anymore.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 12:00 AM
[Detention Cell]

Don't leave me Butler! You don't have to follow her orders. She's a big meanie!! Lex tries to bite Shadow of Chelonie's hand, adding a bit of flame to the bite.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:11 AM
[Detention Cell]

Shadow of Chelonie is not pleased. She tries to cup her hands around Lex to keep her voice from carrying so far.

Three security drones arrive and attempt to teleport Butler to just outside the detention wing.

[Infirmary Room 2]

Burn and bite marks appear on Chelonie's hands, and her pulse and blood pressure drop sharply.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 12:13 AM
[Detention Cell]

Lex is muffled. :smallfrown: She still struggles though.

Help me!!!! She screams telepathically.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 12:15 AM
Hmmm...the screams are picked up by Runner. Curious, he makes his way to the detention cell to investigate.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 12:16 AM
[Detention Cell]

Awww... geez. There's no way he's going to abandon anyone who seems so desperate like that. And screaming for help. He glares at the drones and smacks them away, disrupting the teleportation. He always hated drones.

Butler rushes in and tries to push Shadow Chelonie away from Lex and snatch the pixie up himself to rescue her. He's pretty strong what with super strength and such. Not sure if it works on shadows though. "Stop it ma'ams!"

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:23 AM
[Detention Cell]

Butler goes straight through the Shadow as if it's, well, a Shadow. The only physical part of her at the moment is her hands, which she lifts above her head.

The drones follow Butler and continue trying to teleport him.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 12:28 AM
[Detention Cell]

"You're hurting her ma'am! Stop it ma'am! Go away you annoying drones sirs!" He keeps pushing the drones away. Not that it matters. Now that they're in the cell magic doesn't work. Including the teleportation from the magical drone constructs I'd presume. Could be wrong.

Butler keeps trying to snatch Lex out of Shadow's hands. My he's fast. When did he learn to move that fast? :smalleek: Granted this means reaching up and trying to snatch Lex in that hilarious way.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 12:32 AM
[Detention Cell]

Lex is still muffled. If you let Butler stay, I promise not to try to escape. She sounds honest.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:37 AM
[Detention Cell]

No. He can't stay. This is between me and you, dearest.

Since she knows that Lex can't *POP* while she's being held, Shadow of Chelonie lowers the anti-magic and anti-teleport settings while strengthening the power of the drones. The drones continue to try to teleport Butler away.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 12:38 AM
About this time, Runner is proceeding down the stairs. When he picked up Lex's screaming, he could not tell what was being said. He just picked up on the energy of it. So, he has no idea that somebody has cried for help. Which means he is not trying to arrive quietly. So, with him being metal and large, his footsteps will probably be heard.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 12:41 AM
[Detention Cell]

Butler is teleportated. Oooooh, he despises those drones. If he could just... eh. Stupid remnants of those pills still in his system. He'd dismantle every one of those machine like things right now if it weren't dampening his anger towards them.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 12:42 AM
[Detention Cell]

Lex suddenly passes out.

((DEADTIME))

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:43 AM
[Detention Cell]

The Shadow of Chelonie sees Runner's arrival through her many eyes, and speaks to him through the drone who is nearest to him.

"Runner, please prevent Butler from returning to the detention wing. He is trying to release a dangerous prisoner."

As soon as he is gone, the defences go back up, and the door shuts and locks. The Shadow releases Lex from her hands.

Just outside the detention wing, Decker finds Butler by the smell of his anger and tries to calm him. :smalleek:

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 12:48 AM
Runner is confused by that. As far as he knows, Butler would never do such a thing intentionally. He decides to question Butler. So, he goes to find Butler.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 12:50 AM
[Detention Cell]

Butler calms down a bit. "Mrs. Amakirr was trying to force this nice pixie lady to be all alone when she asked for my company ma'am. And then tried to steal her ma'am. And then the drones came in and prevented me from rescuing her ma'am. I really don't like those drones ma'am." :smallannoyed:

He'll pretty much say the same thing to Runner.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 12:54 AM
Hmmm...she was telling me, through a drone, that you were trying to release a dangerous prisoner. Now, I know you would never do something intentionally.

Do you know who the pixie was?

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 01:01 AM
"Of course I wasn't trying to release her sir. Wenomir didn't say I could sir. I was just going to stay with her cause she was lonely sir.

She used to work for Mrs. Amakirr I believe sir." I think he picked that up.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 01:01 AM
[Throughout the Base]

Security goes up throughout the base.

[Detention Cell]

The Shadow of Chelonie cradles Lex in her hands and watches over her as the pixie sleeps.

[Runner's Mind]

Runner may get a report through his link up with GLoG's computers:

Runner,
Lex has been influenced by Astir and is not in her right mind. She is a danger to herself and others, and was attempting to manipulate Butler to escape.

I am watching over her now, and will continue to do so until I can find a way to cure her.
-Chelonie Amakirr

Runner may also receive a notice from the infirmary that Mrs Amakirr has just slipped into a coma.

((deadtime))

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 01:06 AM
Runner gets the info, then thinks for a moment. Butler, it seems that the pixie, Lex, was attempting to use you to free herself. She was being held in there because somebody was influencing her, and she had become a danger. She needs to stay there until we can help her. Do you understand that? Runner decided to leave out the info he thought Butler didn't need. And, he would want to investigate how a woman in a coma can send him a message.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 01:11 AM
Butler scratches his head. "Ummm... no not really sir. I wasn't going to let her out sir. So I don't know how she could have been trying to use me sir." She couldn't have been lying. Cause there were kisses. People don't use kisses to lie.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 01:14 AM
Ok. Well, it is probably a good idea to just avoid her cell, ok? Like I said, she is a danger right now. People are working to help her, but until then, she needs to stay where she is.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 01:20 AM
"Of course sir." He doesn't get it. Nor even believe it really. But either way he walks off to his room to take some pills he's been skimping on and deadtimes there.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-20, 01:21 AM
Runner decides to connect to the mainframe and look up all the info he can find on Chelonie's situation.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 02:26 AM
Alex, the deadtime ooze dissipating, raises an eyebrow at noticing the security drones buzzing about as the security level raises.

Quinn is still in drug-induced sleep in the infirmary, holding Misaki's hand.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 06:24 AM
[Infirmary Room 2]

Chelonie remains comatose, with severe wounds on her hands and another on her shoulder.

[Detention Wing]

The Shadow of Chelonie continues to watch over Lex.

When James's food is delivered, it contains the antidote potion.

[Computer System]

Runner gets the reports on Chelonie by PM.

billtodamax
2009-06-20, 06:30 AM
James devours his food hungrily, and feels his higher thought processes slowly returning. Other Pyromancer in next cell! He starts trying to fireball the wall again, until he realises that all of his protective spells are gone. He checks to see if his gloves are in his robe, or failing that his suped up paintball gun.

Fan
2009-06-20, 06:31 AM
Fanboy undeadtimes, still in the infirmary ward, and freaks when he sees that Chelonie got herself hurt... AGAIN.
He moves over with material for stitches, and a healing spell ready. (I always thought that healing magic should only be applied on a properly treated wound for it to be as effective as it is.)
If she isn't awake then he will apply sterilization, and numbing agents before going to work sowing up her wounds.

billtodamax
2009-06-20, 06:36 AM
((deadtime))

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 06:39 AM
((Bill, I don't know who put James in the cell, so can't say for sure, but I'd imagine the gun at least would have been removed. I can't say about the gloves.))

[Infirmary Room 2]

Healing seems to be effective, though a bit slower than normal. The drone nearest to Fan speaks in Chelonie's voice:

"I'm downstairs taking care of Lex. Try not to worry, love."
If Fan goes to the detention wing or looks through security cameras, he'll be able to see the Shadow.

((deadtime))

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 11:21 AM
((The drones put him there after Quinn subdued him...it depends on how dexterous the security drones were. :smalltongue:))

Quinn starts to stir a little.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 11:43 AM
Misaki is slumped over Quinn's bed, asleep herself.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 11:46 AM
Quinn's eyes flicker open slowly, and for a moment she lays there collecting herself, before spotting Misaki. A small smile forms on her lips as she closes her eyes again and squeezes the girl's hand softly.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 11:47 AM
Czernov is working in his lab, huge, complex blueprints, covered in tiny writing, littering the nearby floors and walls, as he strides about, tinkering with this and that with extreme precision, his eyes still haunted by an emerald green hue.

Meanwhile, the increasingly ugly Vorka Stark is in the kitchen, so glad that he doesn't have to find his book to ressurect Chelonie that he's carefully making a huge batch of very-hard-to-make soup, humming some old hymn he remembers back from his days in the cloisters as he does so. The sweet smell of his soup's dancing about the halls.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 11:48 AM
Misaki continues to doze. She was up for most of the night, unable to sleep.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 11:57 AM
Quinn reaches up to gently brush Miskai's hair, smiling just a little. After a moment, she goes to carefully sit up, wincing a little, and tries to pull the younger girl up onto the bed fully to hug her close.

Alexsandr, having been shown by the drones to quarters, emerges with a yawn and starts for the kitchen.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 11:59 AM
The younger girl is easily pulled, up waking up a tiny bit. "Huh... Quinn?"

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 12:04 PM
Greetings, sir. The hideous young man says to Alex, should he, actually, enter the kitchen. Could I get you something to eat? Not a servant, that's obvious; merely friendly, Vorka is.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 12:07 PM
It's me, sweetie, Quinn whispers reassuringly. I'm OK. And...thanks for staying with me.

Alex raises an eyebrow distinctly high at noting Vorska's appearance as he does, in fact, enter the kitchen. However he refrains from commenting upon it, merely nodding slightly. If you are preparing breakfast, then bagels and lox would be quite good. He takes a seat. My name is Alexsandr Russkij, and yours sir?

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 12:10 PM
I'm Vorka Stark, sir. The young man says, digging about in various cupboards to grab and find various components of foodstuffs; quickly creating what Alex wants. There you go.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 12:10 PM
"I had to make sure you were all right..." The girl rested against Quinn sleepily.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 12:19 PM
Well, it's a pleasure to meet you then. I just joined yesterday, Alex explains as he accepts the prepared food. And thank you.

Quinn shifts a little to hug Misaki gently. You've got a big heart, Misaki. Promise me you'll never lose that, alright?

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 12:21 PM
No worries, sir. I've been here from some time. Vorka says.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 12:22 PM
"Okay... I promise..."

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 12:28 PM
Well then, Alex asks as he begins enjoying the bagels, what can you tell me about this place, if you don't mind my asking?

Quinn's smile grows more as she leans over to put a kiss on top of Misaki's head. You're a great person and you're going to be an even greater person when you grow up.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 12:29 PM
"... as good as you and mama?"

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 12:32 PM
Well, we try to redeem people, and fight evil, but the latter's become more of an issue, really, as time passes. Most people here are nice. It's a good place. Vorka says, quietly.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 12:40 PM
At least as good. Maybe better even. Quinn closes her eyes and smiles softly.

I see. Alex nods in understanding. I guess I'd fit in more in the latter category, being already Good and all. And these are good lox, thank you.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:45 PM
[Detention Cell]

Shadow of Chelonie waits for Lex to awaken.

[The Labs]

Sunny continues tinkering with Robot.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 12:46 PM
No worries, sir. Vorka says, smiling, slightly.

Lex-Kat
Lex awakens. Gah!!! She flies to the other side of the room.

Neon Knight
"I'd like that..." Misaki's eyes slowly closed as she slipped back into slumber.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 12:52 PM
Me too.
Quinn gently brushes Misaki's hair as she too drifts off into sleep.

Alex nods and directs his attention to finishing off his bagels.
And then a deadtime ooze hits him.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 12:55 PM
[Detention Cell]

I won't hurt you, Lex. I love you. the Shadow says.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 01:06 PM
[Detention Cell]

I... how can I trust you. Lex stays away from her.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 01:10 PM
[Detention Cell]

One of the security drones that teleported Butler is still in the cell. It begins displaying footage from the infirmary where Chelonie lies comatose, with her hands bandaged from Lex's burns.

There is my physical form. I'm alive, just as I told you. Magtok knew that Reinholdt's meeting was a trap, so he sent a clone. Reinholdt killed the clone. Along with a lot of other people.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 01:36 PM
[Detention Cell]

I heard Reinholdt say something about hating your whole clan when he killed Raven. I have no love for Reinholdt.

But why wouldn't you let me have Butler?

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 01:39 PM
[Detention Cell]

... when he killed Raven? Uncle Raven? What? :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 01:41 PM
[detention cell]

Yeah, in the magcave. Raven, your Uncle Raven, was there. Lex looks confused. I thought he was dead.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 01:51 PM
[Detention Wing]

I thought he was too.

The Shadow touched the tribal mark on her shoulder and focused. He is dead now, at least. I feel no trace of him.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 02:03 PM
Butler undeadtimes in his room. He doesn't seem eager to come out right now.

Irene finally joins the crowd and plot clones herself, undeadtiming as well. She takes a look around the base. "Shoulda seen this coming... wait. I did." :smallyuk: Deathtrap.

She talks to the drones to learn what happened.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 02:21 PM
Breaking continuity, because I have no idea where she's supposed to be right now, Alexis appears in GLoG. Those who might have talked to her before might be able to notice something is off.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:09 PM
[Detention Cell]

Well yeah. Reinholdt blew his brains out. Then closed a door on me before I could get to him.

Anyway, why do you feel you need to talk to me, alone?

+++++++++++++++

[Great Room]

Judy walks into GLoG's main room. She sees Alexis. Hello, may I help you? Are you a member?

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 03:11 PM
[Great Room]

Yeah, I have been for a while now. Who are you? She asks.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 03:12 PM
Johnny teleports into the Rose Garden.
He sits down and begins to meditate.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:14 PM
Warkot, who resembles a typical GLoG drone, save for his distinctive red, blue, and yellow markings, is floating about GLoG lazily, humming a faintly metallic tune, hoping someone will talk to him.

Vorka, meanwhile, in the kitchen, is just putting the finishing touches to his huge vat of soup, his ugly face lit up by a hideous smile.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 03:16 PM
[Detention Cell]

Because I want my best friend back. I don't understand why won't leave Astir.

The screen on the drone starts showing the scene of Astir's attack.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:16 PM
Butler is still in his room. Huh. Well yesterday was rather upsetting.

Irene finds Warkot. "Hey you. Tell me what happened here. With the armory and the attacks and stuff. Summarize the last week or so for me."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:20 PM
[Great Room]

Name's Judy. I've been here for a while. I used to be an assassin, but now I'm a mediator. She smiles.

[Detention Cell]

Because.... I feel I need to be loyal to him. He's a good person, I know he is. He's just lonely.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:20 PM
Surprised Screech: Ee!
Indignant Words: Jeez, fine, lady, no need to say please or anything.
Statement: A seemingly divine entity called Astir has attacked the base after the death of a well-known villain called Reinholdt.
Statement: Butler, our Butler, has been taken ill with a condition unknown to me, and, before his removal for treatment, caused considerable damage to several members and areas.
Warkot says.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 03:21 PM
[Butler's Room]

Decker brings Butler a lollipop.

[Detention Cell]

Look at what he did to Marley. The Shadow points to the screen.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 03:22 PM
She nods. I would think assassin would be a more interesting job. Hard to tell if she's joking or not. I'm Alexis.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:23 PM
Butler is curled up on the bed, holding his legs. He takes the lollipop, but doesn't eat it. "Hi ma'am. Thanks ma'am."

"Reinholdt?" :smallconfused: Really? That guy who repaired her face?

"What did Reinholdt do?"

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:25 PM
Statement: On numerous occasions, Reinholdt has attempted to end the world, with the help of various accomplices, though, in this situation, he was apparently trying to conquer it for this Astir, who apparently ought to have been worshipped as a god-king, in Reinholdt's opinion.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:28 PM
[Great Room]

In a way, it is. But I'd much rather try to help people I care about, then kill people a ruthless master forces me to.

[Detention Cell]

He.... No!!!! You lie! He would never do that!!

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 03:32 PM
[Butler's Room]

"Quinn gave me a wand that she says will give Vidalia back her eyes. Want to go find her and see if it works?"

[Detention Cell]

The footage continues to play, showing the attack on Chelonie with wind and fire and lightning. Chelonie doesn't comment.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 03:33 PM
To each his own, I guess. She shrugs and brushes a piece of hair behind her ear. Judy might notice a nice ring on her finger. Though, she looks a little young to be married...

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 03:35 PM
DC checks the camera feeds in the security room and sees the situation in the detention cells...

Naturally he is very confused, what with the shadow thing, and heads to the detention cells, watching the situation silently.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:36 PM
"Sure ma'am." Butler stands up and prepares to follow Decker.

"Well that's... messed up. How did he even get in the base then?! Who let him in?" :smallannoyed:

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:36 PM
[Great Room]

Judy shrugs. That's a pretty ring.

[Detention Cell]

Who... where'd the fire... come.... from?

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 03:38 PM
My husband gave it to me. She says with a slight smirk across her lips. Judy might also feel the temperature in the room start to drop as Alexis toys with a new gift of hers.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:41 PM
"Well that's... messed up. How did he even get in the base then?! Who let him in?" :smallannoyed:

Statement: It appears he can bypass the anti-teleports.
Statement: I have a theory, about that, but I doubt you're interested.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 03:42 PM
[Detention Cell]

Lex, are you really that blind? The scene rewinds and plays again.

In response to Chelonie, he speaks: This you must understand. The ends, to one such as you, ought not to justify the means. You slay my husband, and others, for vengeance, not the Right. The two are not the same. My killing of you is Just. It is not right that those loving you should have to watch you degrade yourself even further in this mortal coil. And, so, bleeding, burnt, cut, and blasted, Asitr calls up fire, and calls down lightning, on Chelonie.

The Shadow meets Darkcomet's gaze. If he looks at it with his mind instead of his eyes, he'll see something very different.

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 03:43 PM
DC doesn't do that yet, letting it deal with Lex first.

Doesn't want to mess anything up, after all.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:45 PM
Butler follows Decker. Or tries to. Wherever Decker goes to find Vidalia. She would know where to go faster than Butler would.

"Well... I asking about who let Reinholdt join up or whatever, but yeah, I'll listen to your theory. What is it?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:47 PM
[Detention Cell]

No. I... please leave me alone. She begins to cry. I need to think about this.

[Great Room]

That's very pretty. She doesn't yet notice that it's colder. Who's your husband?

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:49 PM
Statement: My theory is that Astir is not bypassing the field, he is merely transforming it, briefly, into a different kind of spell.
Explanatory Statement: Lightning materialises when he teleports in.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 03:50 PM
[Butler's Room]

Decker wanders until she catches Vidalia's scent, and leads Butler off base and towards Yaza's manse. She'll deadtime when they get there.

[Detention Cell]

"I love you, Lex. Never forget that."

The Shadow of Chelonie fades.

[Infirmary Room 2]

All of Chelonie's vital signs improve.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:51 PM
"Oh. Well then. Can we change the field so that there's some sort of feedback when he does that? Like... stun him or electricute him or something if the field gets changed?"

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 03:52 PM
There is a single knock at the door. A very loud knock that echoes throughout the air.

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 03:53 PM
Detention Cells

As the Shadow fades, DC shuts his eyes and reaches out with his mind, trying to find out what it truly is.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 03:54 PM
I'm sure you don't know him. She waves it off, remembering what happened last time she told someone about Astir. The rooms drops another ten degrees or so. So tell me, when you aren't trying to help people what do you do?

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 03:56 PM
"Oh. Well then. Can we change the field so that there's some sort of feedback when he does that? Like... stun him or electricute him or something if the field gets changed?"
Statement: Even if I am correct, I would not know how he manipulates spells.
Explanatory Statement: Therefore, any change could have an unprecedented effect.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 03:57 PM
"Meh. Change it then. Unprecedented is better than letting him barge in at will." Irene goes to answer the door since Butler just left.

"Yes? Hello?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 03:58 PM
[Great room]

Swim in the pool. Wanna join me?

[Detention Cell]

Lex curls up in a corner and cries herself to sleep.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 03:58 PM
The Hand is there, his eyes glowing Red.
Where is the murderer?
His voice has that aura of power to it.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 04:00 PM
Sounds great. She lets the room warm back up and follows Judy to the pool.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 04:00 PM
As the Shadow fades, Darkcomet's psychic vision shows it being pulled apart in different directions, its energies disappearing into the three drones in the cell and the various security cameras in the detention wing.

It feels like Chelonie - and it would be very difficult to counterfeit her mental 'signature' - but it is much larger and more powerful than a single mind should be.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 04:01 PM
Oh geez. This guy. Didn't she put out a fake restraining order on him?

"Umm... last I heard he died. It happens. Sorry you got here too late and all that." She'd direct him to the MagCave if she knew that's where it all happened.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 04:03 PM
[Pool]

Judy leads Alexis to the pool. If she needs one, Judy will get her a swimsuit that fits.

((Unfortunately, Judy and lex's player must log off for a while. :smallfrown: DEADTIME))

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 04:04 PM
The Hand sighs.
So much lost. So much order imposed on chaos. This is not how the world should be. There must always be balance, no matter the power of each entity, there must always be balance.
Emphasis is placed on the word balance.
If you know anything about what happened, then you should tell me now. Please Irene.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 04:07 PM
Oh Alexis has a swimsuit and it doesn't cover much. Still might be more than Dani's though :smalltongue:.

((Aww, later Lex.))

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 04:08 PM
As the Shadow fades, Darkcomet's psychic vision shows it being pulled apart in different directions, its energies disappearing into the three drones in the cell and the various security cameras in the detention wing.

It feels like Chelonie - and it would be very difficult to counterfeit her mental 'signature' - but it is much larger and more powerful than a single mind should be.

...The hell...?

DC makes a mental note to investigate that thing the next time it appears, then heads to the great room.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 04:08 PM
"Balance, huh? Sounds pretty lawful and orderly to me. And nope. Don't know much beyond that other than he's dead. K thanks, bye." She tries to close the door on the Hand.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 04:12 PM
The Hand attempts to wedge his foot in the door.
Balance means that everything has something to equal it, that includes me, it doesn't mean order, it means neutrality. Now I'm done playing games. Do you know anyone else who knows anything more about what happened? Anyone who was there possibly?

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 04:15 PM
"No I don't! Go ask at the tavern. I don't know what order you're talking about. There was nothing but chaos generated here, so unless you're interested in cleaning up the mess, go away."

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 04:17 PM
For the last time Irene, I'm not talking about any order! I can't understand why we were attracted to you at one point.
He sighs.
Very well then. Have a nice life.
He leaves in a puff of red smoke.

Reinholdt
2009-06-20, 04:21 PM
Irene hmphs as he leaves. "Yeah you did. When you first showed up. 'So much order imposed on chaos.' No order here, only chaos." I'm not really sure who she's talking to, but she probably feels the need to get the last word in anyways. She shuts the door and heads off into deadtime.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 04:39 PM
Following orders, Warkot randomly modifies the anti-teleportation field. Though the effect is the same, the spell itself is somewhat different.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 04:42 PM
Alexis does a few laps around the pool, feeling a bit restless.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:17 PM
Quinn manages to stir and sit up in the Infirmary.

Alex undeadtimes in the kitchen, and pulls out a journal, starting to scribble in it.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 05:18 PM
Wartok floats, musingly, into the infirmary.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 05:24 PM
Alexis heads out of the pool and into the kitchen, still wearing the tiny bikini.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:27 PM
And Alexis will find...Alex!
:smalltongue:

Who looks up and starts to say a greeting, then blinks a bit.
Swallows.
Blinks again.
Then finally manages to speak.
Er...hello there, miss.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 05:30 PM
And of course she has to reach up on the top shelf to get a glass for water. She turns with a smirk to Alex. Didn't know anyone else was in here, you're so quiet over there.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:34 PM
He pretends not to be looking, the blush in his cheeks might give that game away...
Ah, well I was writing. I prefer not to make unnecessary noise. Composing himself, he smiles and nods his head in an almost-bow. My name is Alexsandr - Alexsandr Russkij. And yours, milady?

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 05:37 PM
I'm Alexis. She says, sipping her water and eying him. You new around here?

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:42 PM
He chuckles softly at the similarity in names. Actually I am, I just arrived yesterday. My great-grandparents sent me here because home has gotten too dangerous these days, what with the technomages being at war.

Quinn sits up in the Infirmary, careful not to disturb Misaki, rubs her eyes, and blinks sleepily at Wartok.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 05:46 PM
She hops up on the counter with a smirk. I'm not sure how much safer this place can be. But you look like someone who can take care of himself.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:51 PM
I've been well trained. Alex chuckles and leans back in his chair. My family has...lived in a rather dangerous area for quite some time now, so learning how to take care of myself was a priority.

Gem Flower
2009-06-20, 05:55 PM
Ella undeadtimes and wanders.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 05:55 PM
Of course. So met anyone interesting around here yet? She asks, sipping her drink and give her lips a little lick.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 05:59 PM
So far I've only met Susan and Vorka, Alex admits, smiling warmly. Of course, I haven't been around very much to have the chance of meeting interesting people yet...

------

Quinn is in the Infirmary, bandaged up and checking on Chelonie and Marley.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:02 PM
I'm sure you will soon enough. She leans back on the counter a bit. When you aren't fighting and showing off how strong you are, what do you like to do?

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:08 PM
Actually it's more that I fight when I'm not doing other things, Alex says in a self-depreciating manner. I enjoy playing the violin, actually. That and collecting gemstones - that's probably my great-grandmother's influence showing, though.

Quinn is still at work in the Infirmary for the moment.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:12 PM
An artistic type then. She runs her fingers through her curly black hair. Such an attractive quality. Poor sweet Alexis...

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:24 PM
:smallfrown::smalltongue:

You're too kind. He's blushing a little now. Well, a little more... I do like to think of myself as being artistic, though, so I suppose you're right.

Quinn emerges from the infirmary in fresh clothes, a little bandaged, still, and heads in the direction of the detention wing.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:27 PM
I do enjoying being right. She notices his blush and hops off the counter to go sit in a chair next to him.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:29 PM
Quinn pauses in the infirmary doorway, looking back as if she'd sensed something...

Alex blushes just a little more. I'm sure you do, he manages to say, smiling a little embarassedly.

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 06:30 PM
DC silently curses his player's memory and heads back to the detention wing to investigate the mysterious parcel thing.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 06:33 PM
[Infirmary Room 2]

Quinn will find that her patient was in very bad shape overnight, but her condition has since improved.

Though how someone who hasn't left her bed could badly burn her hands is a bit worrying. :smalleek:

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:33 PM
She does her best innocent look, which would be real if it weren't for circumstances. I'm not making you uncomfortable am I?

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:38 PM
The parcel...remains a parcel.
With six strong energy sources inside.

Hm? No, no not really. Alex chuckles softly. It's just I'm not quite used to being close to a lovely girl such as you in such a state of dress...

:smalleek:
Quinn hurries over to Chelonie's side and quickly tries to channel some Laying On into her paitent's hands. What on earth...

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 06:39 PM
And DC cautiously, slowly (tries to, though I find this 'tries' completely unnecessary in this case) open it...

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 06:41 PM
[Infirmary Room 2]

"Mm okay..." Chelonie mumbles.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:45 PM
She flips her hair back a bit. Trust me, there are many others around with less clothing.

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:45 PM
And inside the box DC finds six of these...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/files/2008/08/zpm.jpg

...along with a note.

Had a surplus, thought you might be able to make use of these. Consider it an interorganisational gift!
-BR.

Quinn frowns a little. Mrs. Amakirr? How did you burn your hands? She'll keep using her healing ability until they're healed or she runs out....

Alex chuckles, his blush growing a little deeper. I don't see how they could be wearing less than that...not that I mind it, of course...

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 06:49 PM
She leans in a bit closer. There can always be less...

Darkcomet
2009-06-20, 06:49 PM
Hm.

DC lifts the box and brings it to the lab, where he'll run an analysis on what exactly the things are.

happyturtle
2009-06-20, 06:54 PM
[The Labs]

And Sunny's still in the labs. She seems to have appropriated a workbench of her own, and is setting it up the way she likes it.

[Infirmary Room 2]

"Is Warkot here?"

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 06:56 PM
Alex blinks, his face now red enough to make Bob the Tomato envious.
I...er, guess you're right...
He doesn't move away, at least not yet, but doesn't move any closer either...

DC will discover that the six Zero-Point Modules are devices designed to collect, store and channel zero-point energy from the fabric of the universe.
Think of them as being something like Z-cell batteries. :smalltongue:
Oh, and they're all fully charged, too.

:smallconfused: Who? Quinn asks, still looking worried at the non-answering of her question.

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 07:01 PM
Misaki stirred a little on the bed Quinn had left her on.

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 07:02 PM
She goes over and sits herself right in his lap. Would you enjoy seeing me in less?

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 07:06 PM
Alexis might notice the reaction she's caused.
Er...is...everyone around here as forwards as you are?
A furiously blushing Alex tries to dodge the question...

Quinn looks over in Misaki's direction and smiles a little, stepping away from Chelonie (but still within earshot) to check on her. Hey sleepy...

Neon Knight
2009-06-20, 07:09 PM
Misaki opened her eyes. "Hi." She smiled at Quinn. "You're all better?"

SeptAngel
2009-06-20, 07:09 PM
She giggles and adjusts in his lap. Some are. But I'm sure I will offer more than them.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-20, 07:10 PM
Answer: Yes, I'm here.
The coloured drone floats towards Quinn and Chelonie.