PDA

View Full Version : Old Republic: After the War (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Frog Dragon
2009-09-09, 10:34 AM
The Word on the Street
There's been talk about the three major crimelords in town, Motta the Hutt, Goram (human) and Despyji (A Quarren) being mighty pissed about something. Rumor says it's credits. There's been a string of scams on them. Someone strikes a deal and then vanishes with the money, never to be heard from again. It's been going on since the end of the Sith Wars. Always a different person. Or so they thought. Then they discovered the last scam a week ago was arranged by a changeling. Then they found where the money's going. And they haven't gotten the money out yet. So Goram's been hiring all the muscle he can to find the guy, kill him, bring back the credits. The contact's at Bantha's Eye. An old geezer leaning on a stick.

Those Republic weeds came here on a ship a month and-a-half ago. To enlist aid on the restoration of the republic or some crap like that. Despyi whacked them out. Should be grateful they got to keep their heads.

Some Jawas sold a crapload of droids last week. They just came here with fifty, walked out with ten. Don't know who bought those.

The goddamned tusken attacked last month. They didn't get the crimelords at all, but they took a lot of they dwellers and emptied at least one droid shop.

All
Wandering the town, finding yourself at a cantina, reading the sing 'Bantha's Eye' one of the two cantina's in town. The other being anchorhead cantina. Owned by Goram, this one appears to be quite popular with the door opening and closing every few seconds, in walking another sentient creature and every once in a while, out.
Looking into the street, you see it has quite the population for a place so often called 'a hole in a wall'. Most people are dressed in simple garb though you make out the occasional thug, likely enforcers of the town's three crimelords.
On the other side of the street is a small electronic parts shop. Mostly selling droid modifications, some of dubious legality. In addition to the cantina and the droid parts shop the street is bordered by sandstone housing. Looking back at the cantina, you ponder what to do.

pirateking89
2009-09-09, 11:17 AM
I need some work and to get off this hot, sandy hell-hole. Shuktsad thinks to himself. First, though, a drink. He walks into the cantina and looks around. Observing the multi-species crowd and trying to scope out the old man who was the crimelord's contact as he walks to the bar, he takes his helmet off and orders a drink.

"Corellian whiskey, if you have it." Shuktsad says with a nod to the bartender.

Squark
2009-09-09, 03:18 PM
Volner wanders into the cantina, with his rifle slung across his back, in full battle armor. Part looking for work, and part looking to start a fight, he walks up to the bar and orders a drink.

pirateking89
2009-09-09, 08:26 PM
"Su'cuy gar, vod." Shuktsad accepts his drink from the bartender and drops some creds on the bar before turning to the other mando. "How goes it? Looking for work, too?"

calhexas
2009-09-09, 09:45 PM
Fynn scoped out the town for a while. He wasn't sure if there was an underground here...but if there was, he'd find it. Of course, he'd accept any work he could find, but a stint in the cage would be fast, easy credits. He saw a lot of traffic over near a building that had a sign reading "Bantha's Eye" on it. A cantina...good a place as any to find work...or at least trouble.

Fynn stalked in, his form nearly filling the door frame. He scanned the crowd a bit...nothing but galactic rabble. His kinda people. He made his way over to and empty place at the bar and dropped a few creds on the bartop.

"Whatever that'll get me." he said to the bartender and was swiftly handed a full cup of something. He gritted his teeth after the first swig. It was desert mash...not all that great...but it wasn't too bad, not for a backwater planet like Tatooine. He had heard stories of the planet. Ran by the hutts. Maybe he could get work with them.

He continued sipping on his drink, not really concerned with the other patrons.

Vorastrix
2009-09-09, 11:27 PM
Jahz exited the scrap heap a few credits lighter and with a new companion. "well," he said to the droid, "The force brought me here to find you, now what?" He didn't expect an answer from the machine, so he didn't wait for one. He headed for he only place that could offer any semblance of fun on this backwater planet: a cantina. Entering he wasn't surprised by the second-rate entertainment. Meandering up to the bar, he asked the bartender in huttese "Gimme something blue, that's not toxic to humanoids." It wasn't his first language, but he knew well enough to make it sound trashy and not at all like the upper class version he had originally learned.

Hollow One
2009-09-10, 03:42 PM
T3-R9 followed along behind Jahz, his new owner. Surprisingly enough, a jedi owner at that, which R9 had not had in some time. The question asked was answered with several beeps and a low whistle from the utility droid as it spoke of its own confusion as to what their next step should be. And so R9 merely followed along, heading into the cantina and slowly looking the place over, waiting for whatever might happen next.

Frog Dragon
2009-09-11, 10:02 AM
Jahz and T3-R9
"Well, here ya go" The devaronian bartender hands you a drink. Looking around you see an old man with a cane in the corner. Probably the contact. The other patrons don't stick to the eye, but the patronage is very varied comprising of creatures from humans to the strangest of aliens

Mandalorians
The devaronian behind the counter hands the whiskey to Shuktsad after accepting the creds. You see the old man with a cane in a corner table sipping on something. Then the other mandalorian walks in, ordering a drink, also noting the old man in the corner mid the plethora of species.

Fynn
As the devaronian gives you your drink, you scope the cantina, finding it frequented by more people that you can count and a large amount of different species. You then see the old man, sipping from a drink in a corner table.

Squark
2009-09-11, 03:30 PM
"Su cuy'gar. Elek, Ni kebuu ba'slanar ibic vhehrugam.*" Volner says, before activating a retractable straw in his helmet** and quietly sips his drink

*OOC: Hello. Yes, I'm trying to get off this dirthole (lit. Dustball)
**Believe it or not, this was in fact a feature of Mandalorian armor.

pirateking89
2009-09-12, 06:46 PM
"Coopani bora? Mhi gaan Ba'slan Shev'la."*
Shuktsad finishes his drink, then puts his helmet back on and turns to approach the man who is apparently the contact.

"So, you have work, or have I heard wrong?"

*Need work? I need to get away (from this planet).

Frog Dragon
2009-09-13, 02:38 AM
The old man looks up and sets his drink on the table "Yeah I do have work. But one or two men isn't enough. Still need more muscle till we can intecept the credits."

calhexas
2009-09-14, 02:40 PM
Fynn eyes the suspicious looking old man in the corner for a while before deciding to approach him. As he strides towards the elder patron, two other armored individuals walk up to the man and introduce themselves. Fynn pauses a moment, then continues towards the now group of people.

"You look like someone in the know. You wouldn't happen to know where someone could make a few credits...would ya?" Fynn asks as he eyes the two individuals with the man.

Vorastrix
2009-09-14, 04:11 PM
Taking his drink and paying for it, Jahz heads over to the old man and hears the tail end of the response the man had for the two mandalorians. "How about 4 men and a droid?"

Hollow One
2009-09-14, 04:21 PM
R9 slowly spun around and followed behind his master, stopping beside him and looking over the others who had assembled around the old man. He let out a short string of beeps and whistles not directed towards anyone in particular.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

pirateking89
2009-09-14, 09:04 PM
"Unless the job's particularly hard or the pay's very good, two mando'ade are all you'll need. Buzz off, the rest of you."

Turning back to the old man, Shuktsad ensures his sensor systems are functional and keeps an eye on the newcomers.

"What kind of work do you have?"

Vorastrix
2009-09-14, 10:13 PM
"unless of the job requires any sort of tact, in which case you two would be more of a hindrance then help." was the quick retort of the Zeltron. He had a bad knack of his mouth getting him into trouble, but Jahz really couldn't help himself. He wasn't without his own defenses, but these two large armored aliens could easily dispatch him with minimal effort. Despite this, he didn't back down or show any sign of fear. If there was one thing he knew about the race is that they respected strength. At least, he hoped they did.

Squark
2009-09-15, 06:17 AM
Let's hear the man out BEFORE we start throwing barbs out, you two. Unless you're trying to start a fight, in which case, just say so. I could use a good brawl.

Frog Dragon
2009-09-15, 08:21 AM
The ma stands up from the chair leaning into his cane "I'd say two mandaloarians isn't enough, regardless of your reputation." He turns to Jahz "A... Jedi? and his droid, I presume? That would be a most welcome company" He then adresses Fynn "You would be a help as well. I think I have seen you in the pit once." the old mand straigten's himself "But were not to go guns a blazin' to the scammers. This is an ambush mission. Should you accept Gorram's terms you will rendezvous with his men to take out the changeling and the considerable entourage the he seems to keep. The pay will certainly be great, should the missio succeed and the credits be returned. The pay would be 10000 credits. Each. Interested?"

Shuktsad Ordo (Pirateking89)
You can't quite make out why, but the cane seems wonky somehow.

Squark
2009-09-15, 01:08 PM
Done. In the confines of his helmet, however, Volner can't help but think, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Vorastrix
2009-09-15, 01:15 PM
Jahz was surprised that the geezer knew him to be a Jedi. He didn't dress or act at all like a Jedi, and his Saber, the tell tale sign of a jedi, was usually concealed. This only interested him more. With the quirk of the corner of his lips into a half-smile he said "I'm in"

pirateking89
2009-09-15, 02:00 PM
"The pay is good enough, I'm in too."
Shuktsad finishes running the system diagnostics then pulls up a notation program in his helmet to record everything being said.
"So, let's have some details. Where and when are we planning the ambush? How many men?"

calhexas
2009-09-15, 08:50 PM
"Hmmff...imagine that. You're telling me my first job is with a shifty jedi, his piece of junk droid, and two mandalorian gun scum?" Fynn says.

After the man tells him the pitch, he contemplates the job for a while.

"Grrrraahhhlright...I'll do it. But you all keep to yourselves. I'll have my eye on you two" he says to the group, his last sentence he finishes as he glares at the two mando.

"And you...if I so much as once feel you creepin around in my thoughts, I'll make sure you're spending the rest of your days in a bed sipping your meals through a straw." Fynn spits at the jedi.

"Lets have the details then." he says at the old man as he sits down, crossing his arms and slamming his large feet upon the table.

Frog Dragon
2009-09-16, 08:04 AM
Gorram has sent eight of his own men for the ambush. Any more and it would be too obvious. We know that the scammer is going north from town. Apparently he has a hideout there, but were cutting him and his people in the outskirts. He shifts, still leaning on the cane We know they're leaving later today, but we don't have any exact plans for theirs so we would be going into the site and wait for the scammer. We do know they're going today. After the changeling is dead or captured and the money secured, you will get your pay. Shall we go now?

Hollow One
2009-09-16, 01:02 PM
R9 spins around towards the Feeorin, a response coming out in angry beeps and bloops, a tool arm coming out of one of his compartments with a electroshock probe on the end, the tips arcing with electricity. Nothing harmful to an organic, but likely to sting.

"Who are you calling junk, laser brain?"

Squark
2009-09-16, 03:36 PM
Volner looks at the droid. While not fluent in Binary, he still got the gist of what was said. I Like this droid. Now let's hit the road. Oh wait, this sorry excuse for a planet doesn't have paved roads. never mind.

pirateking89
2009-09-16, 06:31 PM
Laughing at the large pit fighter and the droid, Shuktsad turned to the other mandalorian and the old man.

"Oya. Let's go vod'e. I'm ready to do what is needed."

Frog Dragon
2009-09-17, 12:12 PM
Following the man out of the cantina and turning north, you walk for a while. At one point the old man takes a comlink out of his clothes and speaks something in it, but none of you hear what though it didn't seem to be in basic.

Frog Dragon
2009-09-19, 10:41 AM
You keep walking, but after a short walk more, the old man stops and makes a strange motion with his right hand high up in the air. You hear a click. Then the man turns and you see that the bottom of the cane is now hollow. It expels a blaster shot at Fynn, but misses. Four masked men in full black leap from the alleyways, holding some kind of small batons, with two small droids. The men set their batons into a stance and a gleaming red blade of light extends from each of them.

Roll Initiative.

pirateking89
2009-09-19, 02:15 PM
"You hut'uune chakaar!"

Init:
[roll0]

Hollow One
2009-09-21, 09:49 AM
As soon as the all too familiar blades of red light appeared, R9 let out a fearful electronic squeal.

[roll0]

Vorastrix
2009-09-21, 04:18 PM
Jahz reached for his blaster, but when he saw the red blades, he produced his own blade, and with a ksh ignited it into a deep navy blue.

Initiative:

[roll0]

Frog Dragon
2009-09-22, 08:23 AM
The old man looks at the quite not-dead Fynn with a shocked look on his face and unloads another shot.
Seeing it hit he takes a few steps back (moving 20 ft away from the party.)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Squark
2009-09-22, 08:14 PM
Ne Shab'rud'ni, di'kut.*

With that, Volner pulls out his blaster and sets his blaster to full auto, and fires on the group of lightsaber wielders.

[roll0]
[roll1]

*Don't mess with me, Idiot. (the connotation is stronger)

Frog Dragon
2009-09-22, 11:30 PM
The droids, other being a T3 series droid and the other a droid cobbled together by the jawa. They both fire at Volner when they see him harming their supposed masters.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] (stun)
[roll3]

Hollow One
2009-09-24, 01:22 PM
As blaster bolts start flying, R9 turns his attention to one of the droids, targeting it and firing back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-09-24, 11:17 PM
Your aim is off and you can't get a hit on the droid.

calhexas
2009-09-24, 11:33 PM
Fynn's eyes grow as the blaster shot whizzes by his head. He watches it fly off into the distance then turns his head back towards the enemies that emerged from the darkness, wielding red-beamed weapons.

"That was truly foolish old man."

Another shot emerges from the fake cane, but barely misses Fynn again.

"Your friends have pretty weapons. Perhaps you'll enjoy it when I impale you with one of them." Fynn spits.

OOC: Initiative [roll0]

How far away are the enemies? All 20 feet?

Frog Dragon
2009-09-26, 02:41 AM
Years McGeezer is 40 ft from you. The lightsaber dudes are in about 30ft as are the droids.

Frog Dragon
2009-09-28, 12:59 PM
Fynn draws a comes at the old man swinging, but in an uncharacteristic display of nimbleness the old-man evades Fynn leaving him punching the air
The lightsaber wielders then react the first two lunging at the jedi with both getting a good hit in and the other of the last two swinging at Shuktsad, but only scraping armor. The last one charges at R9, but doesn't manage to score an actual hit against the automaton.

pirateking89
2009-09-28, 11:18 PM
Shuktsad yanks his assault rifle around his armor and fires it at the old man.

"You won't survive for betraying us, di'kut!"

Attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-09-29, 08:34 AM
The lightsaber wielder attempts to get a shot in as Shuktsad shoots, but fails. The shot gets the old man in the shoulder and he stumbles a little, but does not seem to have taken any severe damage from the shot.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-08, 12:57 PM
Jahz flinches from the attacks, but quickly retaliates, attacking one of the ligthsaber wielders, but the dark jedi ducks the slash.
The old man withdraws from Fynn, and fires again, hitting again, but with his advantage of suprise lost, fails to cause any severe damage.

pirateking89
2009-10-09, 09:55 AM
Shuktsad watches the dark Jedi, trying to figure out which one will be attacking next as well as trying to scope out any weakness in the movement of his red blade. Then tries to shoot for the gap in his weaving defenses.

perception roll for +1 on atk DC15
[roll0]

Atk
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Squark
2009-10-10, 04:27 PM
Volner ducks behind a building for cover, then engages the advanced modifications on his rifle.

Move to a spot behind a building for cover, then spend two swift actions to give myself +1 attack and +2 damage with my rifle.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-11, 04:20 AM
As Volner takes cover in the alleyway, the jawa droid and the R3 model both fire, but once again miss horribly.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-14, 02:09 PM
The geezer continues to blast away at Fynn, withdrawing from the Feeorin's blows as Volner takes cover from the droid fire.
T3-R9 blasts one of the droids in response sending it to the scrap heap as Fynn charges knocking a few teeth out of the old man.
The dark jedi seem to be concentrating on their own fury and suddenly attack with more ferocity, one of the dark jedi cleaving a cut into T3-R9 (15 damage)
another slashing at Shuktsad (unsuccesfully) and the last two slicing at Jahz with the other hitting (for 14 damage)
Shuktsad fires back at the jedi, but screws up totally and almost drops the gun. Jahz once again fails to hit the dark jedi.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-15, 04:35 AM
The situation for the old man is beginning to look very bad and he withdraws from Fynn, breaking into a run once again very un-oldmanny like. He seems to be taking deep breaths during the run
running 45 ft and catching a second wind.

pirateking89
2009-10-15, 08:59 AM
Seeing that the old man is going to escape, Shuktsad turns his attention to closer threats, aiming at the sith.

"Come on, J'ettise. Just a little closer."

Attack on the closest sith
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Squark
2009-10-22, 08:51 PM
Not on my watch, di'kut." With that, Volner takes a well-aimed shot at the fleeing man

[roll0]
[roll1] (ignores cover due to aiming)

EDIT: Wait, that's a 23 on the attack roll and 20 damage. I nearly forgot point blank shot again (Point Blank is 30 squares for a rifle)

Frog Dragon
2009-10-23, 05:23 AM
(I'm not sure how you are getting +2 from PBS, but it doesn't matter here. The result is the same regardless)
The old man keeps on running, but is scythed down by Volner's fire. He refuses to die, however and is still moving unconsciously. The back of his head looks different with the graying hair of the old man gone, replaced with grayish, sandy brown veined skin.

The remaining droid keeps on fires at Volner, but the shot, while well aimed, simply plinks of the mandalorian armor. Right then T3-R9 destroys the cobbled-together Jawa Droid.

Seeing the threat of the old man finished, Fynn starts running towards the sith who look at the body of the old man and break off from the fight, circling Fynn and trying to get to the old man. Shuktsad shoots one, killing one of then sith.Jahz charges after them, pasting one.

pirateking89
2009-10-28, 11:10 AM
(OOC: Haven't lost interest, was just giving you some time to work the alts in. I can keep fighting until then, if that's the way to go.)

Shuktsad kicks the downed sith as he takes a step over the body and shoots at one of his compatriots, all the while watching the man to try to catch a hole in his weaving defenses.

Perception check for +1 atk: DC 15
[roll0]

Atk against next closest sith
[roll1]
[roll2]

atk result is actually 15 after bonus

Squark
2009-10-28, 08:18 PM
Taking aim at one of the remaining sith, Volner launches another shot at one of the sith.

[roll0] (Ignore Cover)
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-10-29, 12:49 AM
One sith crumbles from the combined fire of the mandoloarians
The other is assaulted by the three others, but doesn't take significant damage. Toughing out his wounds, he attempts to pick the old man up and with the sith's efforts you see he isn't even actually human, but some sort of sandy grey veined hairless humanoid.

pirateking89
2009-10-29, 11:24 AM
"That's gotta be the shape changer. Concentrated fire, vod!"
Shuktsad runs forward to stay in easy range and then fires a blast into the sith's back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-10-30, 04:02 PM
The last sith falls, and the veined humanoid slumps back to the ground from the dark jedi's grasp.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-01, 04:37 AM
Mando's
You see flashes and blaster fire on the ambush site. You're too far to hear anything, but you see things are not going as planned.

Ambush Site
You lie in wait, awaiting the credits transport. Suddenly something flies into the ambush group on the opposing side. Then there is an explosion of shrapnel, injuring two of Gorram's men.
You hear ksh sounds and 6 lightsaber wielders, along with a four armed woman, wielding one in each hand burst from cover. Four armored men sit up from the cover and point their blasters at you.

Lothmar
2009-11-01, 12:19 PM
'Presence Detected...Assualt Imminent.'

Thankfully one of Gorams men was fortunate enough to be laying in wait next to a chair that seemed to blend into the background. However as soon as the explosive touched down one of the armrests caught the man in the side and knocked him into the inside of the chair that then turned its back to the explosion shielding him from shrapnel. Using Harms way so attack is redirected at me instead. with evasion If it's an area attack I take half damage (it's not a new attack against me is it? I sometimes forget.). That's assuming I was adjacent to save him.

"Gonk. . ." The chair adds in a whooping alarm like tone as suddenly from the backrest a foreign heavy blaster pistol appears and projects a loud blast of cacophonous energy centered on the nearest opponent before a blue shielding bubble appears.

Swift action to activate 'harms way', Standard action to attack, move action to activate shields.
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Attack Roll
[roll2] Damage

Frog Dragon
2009-11-01, 02:30 PM
The four armed woman, opens combat decisively, charging at the nearest opponent, who happens to be SE47, but misses the chair with the hasted slash.

Squark
2009-11-01, 03:12 PM
Osik! Vod, let's get over there now, and see what's going on! With that, Volner kicks his jetpack into gear and flies toward the distant confrontation.

pirateking89
2009-11-01, 07:58 PM
"Classic civvies, starting the fun without us."
Shuktsad kicks his jetpack into action and rockets off behind Volner.

whoiam
2009-11-02, 05:30 AM
I'm the closest person to the sith with blasters. I know Jedi are meant to be the first into harms' way and all, but I really could have done with some lessons on blocking blaster fire... Well, no point pulling the saber out just yet. It'll only make me a target, and most of the sith aren't close enough to slice.

Instead, Lierolla went for her Heavy Blaster Pistol. Discounting four-arms as a target (since she didn't trust her aim enough to hit four-arms instead of the droid) she instead targetted the lightsaber wielder directly opposite her, before taking a one-square step backwards.

I really should have invested in some armor...

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Elves-as-People
2009-11-03, 01:42 PM
Jedi starting barfights? What the hell...

Aislin draws her heavy blaster pistol, which appears almost comically oversized in her hands. She aims at the nearest of the troublemakers and squeezes off a single full powered bolt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

crit x2 = 36 damage (+2 for PBS = 38)

Frog Dragon
2009-11-05, 12:34 PM
The ligthsaber wielding sith charge, taking on you and Gorram's men.
One attacks the blaster wielder who got caught in the grenade, but misses (17)
Another attacks Lierolla this time succesfully ( 16, 10)
A third charges the blaster wielder next to Aislin (21, 6) and hits, but with a mere graze
A fourth sith attacks Shaarlkelsh, but dealing little actual harm
the fifth attacks SE47, but has the slash deflected by Durasteel
The last attacks one of the blade-wielders, but misses

The blade wielders both attack the nearest sith, the other htting causing pretty serious harm
SE47 misses while Aislin pulverizes the sith nearest to her.

Two of the blaster wielding sith autofire (Hitting, Aislin, SE47 and a blaster wielder), but botch enough for it to be relatively easily avoidable (Read. Evasion takes no damage)
The other two on autofire shoot at the Vibroblade wielder and Shaarlkelsh respectively, but only the blade wielder is hit.

Gorram's blaster wielders move back and fire, while Lierolla and Shaarkelsh opt for the same. Another sith is felled.

whoiam
2009-11-05, 01:59 PM
Turn (if chased by any of the Sith)
Move action to draw her lightsaber, swift action to switch it on, and standard action to try and slice her persuer in twain.

Turn (if not chased by any of the Sith)
One further step backwards (to bring her alongside the Gorram Blaster just behind her), and another shot - ideally at the injured lightsaber wielder directly in front of her, but she'd shoot at the next one along (as far up the line as four-arms if need be) if that one was already down.

Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Current HP: 28
Current Condition: Normal
Holding: either her heavy blaster, or her heavy blaster and her lightsaber.
Movement: One step backwards (if not persued) Or none (if persued)

Edit: I really hope one of them comes after her...

Frog Dragon
2009-11-05, 02:07 PM
(New turn)
The four-armed woman furiously slashes at SE47 using three of her four lightsabers and hitting twice.
The lightsaber wielders all keep fighting in place except one who charges Shaarlkelsh. All miss
The vibroblade wielder nearest to Shaarlkelsh then slays his assailant.

Lothmar
2009-11-05, 03:24 PM
"GONK!" SE47 Replies in an alarmed tone as his shielding fails miserably on the first attack that hits him and he takes some deep gashes. He decides to go on the defensive and focus more on avoiding strikes since he's not particularly designed as a combat droid. He hovers backwards to withdraw as his thrusters tilt and blast sand towards his opponent as SE47 attempts to get to safety and recharge his shields.

(Standard to Withdraw left 1 square, Move to move to square C14 (most of it diagnol), Swift action spent to begin recharging shields (Since im not attacking at all this round, have acrobatics and engaged defensive fighting I have a +10 to my Reflex save.(If I have to make an acrobatics roll to negate fall damage let me know.)

Elves-as-People
2009-11-06, 12:41 AM
Aislin grins at the effectiveness of her last shot before squeezing off another blast at the Sith trooper standing across from her with nothing between them(z15), then scurries closer to Lierolla (2 squares up to s14).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-11-06, 03:37 PM
While SE47 hurriedly hovers into the ravine, Aislin fires, killing the already injured sith fighter
The blaster wielding sith keep in place, firing seemingly unfazed by three of their fellows already dead. The repeater wielders firing at Lierolla and the blaster wielder next to her and the other tow squeesing two rapid shots at Shaarlkelsh and the swordslinger respectively. Neither hit.

The blasters don't want to keep getting shot so they move to the edge of the ravine and take the sith troopers in their sights. Unfortunately none hit, with some simply not reaching behind the cover and one deflected by armour plate.

Lierolla moves to the ravine's edge and fires, missing horribly while Shaarlkelsh, lacking other weapons tries to fire at the sith, getting a botched attempt of a lightsaber slash for his trouble.

Lothmar
2009-11-06, 11:59 PM
The thrusters finally kick on as planned moments after bobbing into contact with the bottom of the ravine with a slight 'clunk'. SE47 hovers above the edge of the ravine and then backward a moment before shifting south again to allow his combat systems to properly line up shots. The battery bar slowly ticks up once more on the armrest as if to say the shields will soon be operational.

(Move action to Change to Flight Locomotion, Standard to move to K10. Swift to continue recharging shields.)

Frog Dragon
2009-11-07, 04:23 AM
The four armed woman attacks the gorram's blaster, dealing two quick slashes, hitting and causing harm. However, the thug was previously uninjured and is still standing
One of the sith turns his attention to Gorram's sword wielding a few meters from him and charges, hitting and managing to avoid retaliation.
The other sith fighter keeps attacking Shaarlkelsh, but isn't hittning when he is attacked by the other sword wielding thug. The sith avoids this blow.
SE47 keeps fleeing to the other side of the ravine

Elves-as-People
2009-11-08, 12:45 PM
Aislin steps up one and aims for the nearest Lightsaber wielding sith, and fires.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-11-09, 12:38 PM
The shot troopers continue their routine, one blasting two quick shots at Shaarlkelsh, succesfully missing the sith and hitting shaarlkelsh who is now looking significantly worse.
Another shoots at a blaster, but misses.
The autofire users keep their torrent, one shooting at lierolla and the blaster (10, evasion takes 0). The blaster wielder slumps into the ravine, quite evidently dead.
The other takes aim at Aislin. (12, Evasion takes 0)

Gorram's men try to lessen the threat of the blaster wielders and fire, but the blasts ping from armors or jus hit the ledge.

whoiam
2009-11-09, 01:21 PM
The final southern lightsaber wielder is the target this time: Lierolla doesn't fancy being flanked by the pair, and doesn't fancy Aislin to stand up to hand-to-hand combat for too long.

I don't like the idea of these two lightsaber wielders flanking me - and I don't think Aislinn and the blaster will last too long in hand-to-hand combat either. Picking the final 'southern' lightsaber wielder as her target, Lierolla tries once again to kill someone via blaster. Come to think of it, I don't fancy my chances in hand-to-hand, either. But if I take out the southern one, I might be able to hold four-arms off long enough for Aislin to blast her.

This might work better if I had some way of telling Aislin without having to shout or use a comlink...

Elves-as-People
2009-11-09, 05:45 PM
Hmmm... how are we going to coordinate this...

Aislin begins rattling off in all the languages she knows and tries to gauge who understands each language (perception [roll0])

She then fires another shot at the nearest sith with a lightsaber
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lothmar
2009-11-09, 11:09 PM
Not wanting to overload his systems SE47 switches back to hovering locomotion and once stable his shielding finally pops back to full power before he launches a single blast of sonic energy from his pistol.

Move action to change locomotion, swift to finish 3 swift actions to recharge shielding, Standard to fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-11-10, 01:33 PM
(Note: This synopsis is of the previous turn. Lothmar's and Elves-As-People's actions are in the next turn already.)

Lierolla fires, giving a serious shake to the sith grunt, but not felling him.
Shaarlkelsh. Having been seriously wounded now, panics and tries to flee down into the ravine, but trips on the way down, ending up on his back in the ravine.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-11, 11:56 AM
The Four-Armed woman charges at a thug on the ledge, but strikes exceptionally poorly and misses.
The blade wielder's all continue their duel with the ones up (in the map) missing each other and the other two getting a good hit in
SE47 and Aislin both fire, killing the lightsaber wielder.
Then the troopers open fire again, with an autofire torrent slaying one and another being blasted down the ravine by a more conventional blaster rifle.
The last blaster doesn't think good of his chances and jumps down the ravine.

whoiam
2009-11-11, 12:35 PM

Standard Action: Shoot four-arms.
Move Action: Draw Lightsaber from its holster.
Swift Action: Ignite Lightsaber
5-foot step: Diagonally up and right, to threaten four-arms.

About time they started running out of swordsmen... I just hope this monster isn't as good as she seems to be... I'd rather not have to try re-attaching my own arms.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-11, 02:04 PM
Lierolla fires at four-arms, but even with her near perfect aim, the sith manages to not only block the shot, but send it back at Lierolla! (16 damage)
Shaarlkelsh picks himself up and takes a few deep breaths before running to the other side of the ravine

Elves-as-People
2009-11-13, 12:26 AM
Aislin runs forward, firing at the four armed woman before ducking around the other side of the cover nearby.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-11-13, 09:03 AM
The four armed woman pauses and fires a blast of pure force energy at Lierolla (8 damage)
The duel between the swordsmen is finished as the Gorram's Thug slashes the sith in twain while the other swordsman goes behind the bushes next to Aislin and draws a small blaster pistol.

whoiam
2009-11-14, 02:10 PM
Oh, bugger... That's going to need a doctor.

Lierolla had taken the shot to the side of her torso, and could clearly smell a section of herself had been flash-fried. Thankfully, the rush of adrenaline blocked the pain out near-instantly.

Just a shame I won't have a chance to tend it myself...

Swift Action: Catch a second wind (recovers 12 HP)
Move Action: Holster Blaster
Standard Action: Force Disarm vs Four-Arms (calling the weapon to her own hand)
[roll0]
Sweet! Natural 20, I get my force disarm back!

Lothmar
2009-11-14, 03:40 PM
SE47 takes a shot at the four armed saber wielder (unless the other lightsaber wielder is still alive, I was a little confused about that) before hovering over to help cover the last of Gorams blasters climb and to aid in transportation as rallying the group to the south for one final push seems like their only current option.

~to whoever is listening on our comm channel~
"Should I rally with the main group or should I attempt to flank their troopers laying down suppressive fire?"

Moving to M4. Holding swift action. Standard to fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-11-14, 04:19 PM
SE47 tries to hit four-arms with the sonic blaster, but keeps up the glorious tradition of missing ones target.
The Gorram's fighter doesn't have time to celebrate his victory as he is promptly incinerated by two of the blaster wielding sith.
The autofire users keep blasting, both at Aislin and the thug next to her (10 and 11 damage.), slaying the thug.
Lierolla then toughs out her wounds and using the force, wrests one of the four-armed woman's four lightsabers out of her suprised grasp. (Assuming it's the one that she deflected it, meaning that you now have an orange bladed lightsaber with you)
Shaarlkelsh tries to climb up the ravine, but falls down.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-15, 09:33 AM
The four armed woman quickly steps towards Lierolla and attempts to regain control of her fourth lightsaber, but fails miserably.

Lothmar
2009-11-15, 02:03 PM
SE47 Shifts all system power save shielding to his engines and maneuvering jets and flys down into the pit and attempts to pick up gorams blaster. He then hovers to Shar. "Hold on tight both of you," he adds as he begins flying them up.

Move to change mode to flight. Standard to move two over and four down to Gorams blaster and seat him and then move five to pick up Shar with my arms that eject appear from the back of the headrest. And one up for my total of 12 movement. I also have defensive fighting active and since I cant/havent attacked this round the bonus is +10 since I also have acrobatics. I have a readied minor action to use harms way to protect one of my passengers if we're attacked.

Elves-as-People
2009-11-15, 02:10 PM
Aislin catches her breath (second wind), takes aim at the four armed woman and fires.

[roll0]
[roll1]

whoiam
2009-11-15, 03:09 PM
Move Action: Holster the orange lightsaber (in her 'concealed' holster).
Standard Action: One-square step south, Using the force power 'Force Disarm' on Four-Arms.
[roll0]
Swift action: Swift Action 1 of 3 put towards recovering one point along the condition track.

Taking the lightsaber from four-arms had been... surprisingly easy, actually. Enough so that Lierolla quickly slung the 'liberated' saber in her concealed holster, and tried it again. If she could keep this rate up, she might actually disarm four-arms before the Sith had managed to quarter her...

Frog Dragon
2009-11-17, 05:35 AM
As SE47 picks up the men in the ravine, Aislin fires and manages to hit as the sith tries to reflect shot, but fails.
The sith notice a good load of people to fire at on SE47 and they all take aim. Fortunately all, but one appear to have taken sloppy aim and the single bolts careen past SE47 and the autofire mostly misses. (Would only hit Shar fully, but if you're protecting, he takes none, you take 18 and the blaster takes 18 too. )
Lierolla tries to rid the four armed sith of another of her weapons but this time fails.
Shaarlkelsh and the surviving Gorram's thug fire at the sith troopers, but still can't aim past the cover.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-17, 05:52 AM
The four armed woman charges at Lierolla, bringing to bear two quick slashes, which, even when weakened by Aislin's shot, hit for considerable damage (25 from rapid strike.) The four armed woman holds the upper part of her stomach with her upper left arm and shoots a glare at Aislin.

Squark
2009-11-17, 04:09 PM
As Shukstad and Volner touch down after their jetpacks run out of fuel, Shukstad notices a change in Volner's body language. Previously, Volner had been projecting a somewhat moody aura of menace, but now, as they ran towards the ongoing battle, he noticed a sudden change, as Volner almost instantly changed to a more loose, less tense gate. Was interpreting body language not a necessary skill in a culture of armored warriors, he might of missed the change entirely, but there was no time to think about it now; They had a battle to get to, and they still had a good distance to cover.

Elves-as-People
2009-11-17, 07:06 PM
Aislin grins at the four armed woman and says in High Galactic,
Life really is too short!, before hurling a thermal detonator (set to minimum detonation time) just far enough to hit the four armed woman but not further injure her ally, as she steps towards and rolls into the ravine.

[roll0]
[roll1]

pirateking89
2009-11-17, 07:16 PM
Filing away the change for future reference, Shuktsad ejects the empty fuel cell and straps his rifle back to the armor.
"Time to see if we can cover the rest of the distance before our unfortunate allies bite it. 10 Credits say I beat you there." With that, shuktsad bolts up and starts running towards the combat.

Squark
2009-11-17, 08:14 PM
"You're on"

Lothmar
2009-11-19, 12:20 AM
"...Gonk!" SE47 boops in an alarmed tone as his systems fizzle but manage to maintain his current power needs. As he begins heading down to the southern edge of the canyon he says "You must jump, I cannot carry three at once." He adds to the goram blaster sitting in him. He nearly jerks to a stop sending the man flying as he catches his masters daughter before continueing to fly.

(Not sure where she's jumping from exactly yet so whatever movement I have left is heading that way. [roll0] Im rolling acrobatics to properly propel the guy forward with the quick warning I gave and then properly catch her if it's necessary.)

Frog Dragon
2009-11-19, 07:15 AM
Aislin throws the bomb, widening the eyes of a certain sith. She does not seem confident in her ability to avoid it in time.
SE47 does not do a stellar job at propelling the man, but he manages to land on his feet anywya
The sith troopers see no more valid targets and raise from cover and start moving towards the ravine.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-20, 10:11 AM
"Son of a..." The four-armed sith attempts to run from the blast, but is caught in the blast and tumbles down. She picks herself from the ground, now being at the side of the ravine, she raises up, sporting a few extra burns.

Lothmar
2009-11-30, 01:14 AM
SE47 Pivots facing to make it easier for those he's carrying to fire back at thier four armed opponent. "Guerrilla withdrawal then madam?" SE47 asks as if unsure of their chance of victory at the moment and his bosses daughters safety would be higher priority then a credit shipment mission, especially when the enemy could turn around and hold her for additional ransom. SE47 is ready (holding action) to start moving as soon as his two passengers have fired, if the troopers move to the edge of the ravine or if four arms makes any hostile actions.

if fourarms has cover greater then 1/4 because of angle he'll hover up quickly to grant those with him an easier shot. So basically if necessarily i'll fly up to five squares up (I was one squares off the ground and we've determined the ravine is six squares high) to allow them to shoot, then anything move left before six squares of movement will move back down to get us cover from the troopers again and then i'll move six squares to the south. However flying up probably wont be a problem so my additional movement will likely be incorporated into the withdrawal unless the gang wants to keep fighting.

Elves-as-People
2009-11-30, 01:19 PM
Yes, but first I'd like another shot at that four armed ... whatever she is.

Aislin takes aim as SE47 rises slightly to fire at four-arms.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-01, 03:22 PM
Aislin blasts at four-arms, but the shot once again careens past her.
The armored sith appear on the edge of the ravine, prompting SE47 to get moving.
The autoweapon using sith fire at you and Aislin, for only partial success. The other two try to get the blaster wielder and Shaarlkelsh, knocking Shaarlkesh out cold and missing the blaster. The blaster fires back at them unsuccesfully, before following SE47

Squark
2009-12-02, 07:33 AM
Innitiative[roll0]

Volner now opens fire, relying on the time-honored mandalorian tactic of charging at the enemy, relying on instinct and morale to guide one's aim.

OOC: Volner uses charging fire, moving 12 squares closer, then shoots the nearest Sith not engaged in a melee, receiving a +2 bonus to Attack rolls and Will defense from Mandalorian training, but -2 to reflex defense, of course.

[roll1]
[roll2]

pirateking89
2009-12-02, 10:48 AM
Initiative[roll0]

Putting all his concentration on sprinting towards the battle, Shuktsad doesn't shoot, but does flip his rifle around in its sling for easier access and so that he can fire when he gets in range.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-03, 08:36 AM
The four-armed sith leaps and tries to blast the gorram's thug with force, but only causes a pathetic wind.
Suddenly the mandalorians charge up the hill, Volner blasting a hole in the armor of the nearest sith. The sith almost doubles over, but regains balance, if only barely.

Lothmar
2009-12-03, 10:41 AM
SE47 is highly surprised by the sudden blaster fire over the ridge line as he Gonks something in binary that sounds like 'this is becoming a cluster~'.
[roll0]
SE47 Continues to retreat attempting to staunch their losses, who knows maybe he wont be decommissioned scrapped and sold for this failure is Aislin sticks up for him. He pivots again as he retreats and holds Shar in front of him to at least provide him partial cover and Aislinn full cover so long as she's sitting. He slightly serpentines as needed to avoid any uncoming attacks.

After moving 12 south SE47 is going to use a standard action to change back to Hover mode since he doesn't want to chance overheating and crashing. Holding a swift action to use harms way if needed. Since im not attacking and have acrobatics i'll use Total Defense for a +10.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-03, 02:09 PM
Aislin hunkers down to take advantage of the cover offered by SE47, wriggling to find the most comfortable way to sit, and replies to his remark: Indeed it has. Retreat a bit further but don't leave the scene entirely. These reinforcements might be just what we need, and we wouldn't want to be denied any credit, now would we? Also, we need to install a better cushion on you if this sort of thing is going to happen again.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-06, 02:31 PM
Aislin and SE47 continue their flight as the blaster wielders keep up their fire, wounding the thug who keeps scampering away. The repeater wielders both open fire at the newest threat, Volner (2 and 3 damage.)
The sith troopers all move a bit closer to Volner.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-06, 03:18 PM
The four-armed sith eschews pursuing Aislin and SE47, instead climbing up the ravine and slashing at Volner, missing.

Squark
2009-12-06, 06:29 PM
While he could still probably get a good shot off, Volner instead drops lays his gun down quickly but carefully, then brings a hard, helmeted head into the Sith's chest.

[roll0]

pirateking89
2009-12-06, 11:26 PM
Shuktsad screeches to a halt at the end of his sprint and pops his rifle up to his shoulder, taking a shot at the nearest sith.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lothmar
2009-12-07, 12:16 AM
SE47 changes facing back to the battle and takes a shot with his sonic pistol appendage as he keeps moving. Thanks to his electronic rangefinder and battle computer SE47 is unhindered firing at a long range with his pistol.

Two rounds of moving twelve, one round six. I should be upper twenties to thirty squares away from four arms by now.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Elves-as-People
2009-12-07, 02:09 PM
Aislin takes aim and fires at 4 arms. Get a little closer... maybe 15 meters?

Frog Dragon
2009-12-10, 08:43 AM
The helmet smash is blocked by two arms of the sith and Shuktsad fires, bringing a sith trooper down.
Aislin and SE47 both fire and both miss their target horribly.
One the sith troopers aims at Volner and avouding the four armed entirely gets Volner in the shoulder
Shuktsad avoids the single shot and is mostly protected from the torrent of autofire by his armor (take 5)
The gorram's thug has apparently decided to high tail it out of here and didn't turn around with SE47.

pirateking89
2009-12-11, 12:01 AM
Shuktsad takes steady aim at the sith who had shot at him and attempts to mow him down with a round from his assault rifle.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lothmar
2009-12-11, 08:30 PM
~Processing Current Orders~
~Processing Superior Orders~
~Calculating Current Risk factors~

"Yes mam," He adds hovering back six squares towards the battle as he fires again. "Though I should warn you our odds of survival are only Fifty two percent, Fifty five if we abandon or sacrifice this one and sixty percent, well lets just say I dont enjoy naming options that would render me inoperative."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-12-13, 05:53 AM
The four armed sith begins a furious assault on Volner, six slashes in total, but volner manages to dodge them all. (This is at the start of turn 11 so it's before SE47's and Shuktsad's actions you recently posted.)

Elves-as-People
2009-12-13, 07:32 AM
Yeah yeah... Aislin continues to fire on the four armed sith.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Squark
2009-12-13, 11:56 AM
Volner tumbles out of combat while picking up his gun, then charges at the sith, firing a frag grade at the Sith threatening Liorella while yelling wildly.

Move action to withdraw, swift action to pick up my gun, then standard action to use Charging Fire w/ my grenade launcher to get as close to (ideally in the same square, if she's actually unconscious) Liorella as possible.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Note increases to attack from Charging Fire and Point Blank Shot. I checked, and there is a square I get all three sith in the burst radius, and it's within pbs range.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-15, 08:41 AM
Volner launches the grenade and despite his shoddy aim, hits well enough to somewhat damage the sith. Shuktsad keeps firing but doesn't hit
SE47 and Aislin keep on fire, and keep on missing four-arms

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5] (autofiring SE47)

[roll6] [roll7]
Rolled in the wrong place:smallannoyed:
The two blaster wielding sith retaliate, blasting at Volner (10&16 damage since both hit)
The autofire user sprays charges at SE47, but doesn't hit very well
Four-Arms charges at Shuktsad with a slash (Does AC 19 hit? If it does, take 28.)

Squark
2009-12-20, 04:56 PM
Volner takes a moment to catch his breath, then fires another grenade into the group of sith troopers.

Swift Action to take my Second Wind and regain 14 hp (My con score), then a Standard Action to use my grenade launcher. I'm also moving in front of Liorella.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lothmar
2009-12-20, 05:27 PM
Tilting left and right as he approaches to avoid the incoming fire S347 begins peeling over his combat algorithms to see if there is something wrong with his programming or if it's perhaps a physical malfunction of the weapons hardware or maybe even the rangefinders software. After all, as a droid S347 Doesn't believe in 'luck'. However even if he found something there wouldn't be any time to do anything about it, so until ordered otherwise SE47 continues to move into ordered range and continues to attack as ordered.

If any sith troopers are still standing after everyone before me goes im targeting them instead. If they're dead, I suppose im firing at four arms.

[Roll]3d8+1

pirateking89
2009-12-20, 05:44 PM
Shuktsad twists to catch four-arm's cut on his breastplate, then he yanks his knife out of its sheath and slashes at four-arms's neck, hoping to finish the fight quickly, allowing his armor to defend him.

19 did not beat ref defense
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]

Elves-as-People
2009-12-20, 06:33 PM
Aislin takes aim at the four armed woman and fires again, taking advantage of being with better range.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2009-12-24, 04:40 AM
Volner bombs the lot a bit more now getting a good hit in. Shuktsad draws his knife, but the sith blocks the blow with the hilt of her blade.
SE47 and Aislin fire with SE47 hitting a sith who cathches his breath as the whole group starts making a fighting retreat. Two try to get Volner (If 24 hits take 18)
The last one sprays a cone of fire over SE47 and his passenger (Autofire miss. 19 damage halved)
One shout "Leader! Our task is done here! We must flee, before our group is done!"

Squark
2009-12-24, 08:40 AM
Osik!* With that exclamation, Volner Hunkers down and tries to patch Liorella up.

Full Round Action to administer First-Aid
[roll0]

*The translation of this word is left to your imagination, unless you want to dig up the mando'a dictionary. It's not a violation of the CoC (depending on how you translate it. But the word itself has been used by Rich in the Comic more than once, uncensored. I just don't like using Profanity)

Elves-as-People
2009-12-24, 10:02 AM
I've had enough fun, let's get out of here. Aislin tells SE47, before hunkering down as best she can.

pirateking89
2009-12-24, 11:31 AM
Having no desire to let four-arms escape, Shuktsad thrusts again with his dagger, this time aiming for the leg.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lothmar
2009-12-24, 04:36 PM
His shields easily collapse in the heavy spray of incoming fire and his hull is riddled with blaster holes as he attempts to once again shield his primary ward.
"Rerouting engine pow~ Ga-ga'gonk, gegerk... Voice syn *static* izer dam *static*"

SE47 adds as a wire in back flashes wildly for a moment as he pops another blast at the enemies leader and commences to fall back. (six squares back after firing)

[roll0]
[roll1]

whoiam
2009-12-24, 05:26 PM
Disoriented by her near-death experience, Lierolla slowly raises her head to work out where she is. Some people are fighting... but her still-shocked mind fails to put this together with the fight she'd been knocked out in earlier.

Just sit here awhile, her mind was telling her. It's a nice spot. The suns are pleasantly warm. The world will make sense in a minute. Relax...

Three swift actions (Swift, Move and Standard) used to improve Lierolla's condition from -10 to -5. At -10 she wasn't going to be much use to anyone.

Frog Dragon
2009-12-26, 11:35 AM
The four armed woman moves away from Shuktsad as she pulls something from her belt. She hurls it to the ground with force and an obscuring mist covers the area. The mist is thick and you can barely see farther than your nose.

Squark
2009-12-26, 07:24 PM
Coward. All right, whoever you are, get behind me, and don't move. Let's try not to walk into an ambush or into that ravine. Name's Volner, by the way. You? While he keeps his back to Lierolla, volner takes a moment to catch his breath, but keeps his guard up.

Standard Action to take the total defense action, 2 of the 3 swift actions to go back up to uninjured on the condition track- I just realized a Sith Trooper took me down one step two rounds ago. Wouldn't have affected the treat injury check though.

pirateking89
2009-12-29, 04:20 AM
With a great mandoa warcry, Shuktsad drops his dagger, flips his weapon back into a firing position and runs after four arms. Should he catch sight of her, he fires off a shot.

Elves-as-People
2010-01-03, 06:31 PM
Don't say anything else, just get out of here.

Frog Dragon
2010-01-08, 09:21 AM
While Volner takes defensive positions. Shuktsad runs out of the mist, seeing the enemies (Detailed more in the PM).

Lothmar
2010-01-08, 10:17 AM
Following orders SE47 Makes a complete withdraw back to base with his passengers.

Im going to use my fly speed to my engines overheat, then i'll return to hover and continue like that till I can reuse fly speed again and continue like this until we get back to base.

whoiam
2010-01-08, 10:43 AM
Lierolla

Another turn, another step up the condition track.

"I hope my luggage is still around here." Tone of voice and choice of words would probably convince Volner she was something of a spoiled noble lady, treating this as some sort of game.

"I'd hate to lose that surgical kit. Getting replacements out of Czerka is harder than drawing High Galactic poetry from the mouth of a Gamorrean. Same goes for the sensor kit - probably I should have spent more time examining it and less watching the ravine. Oh, well. Let me know if you can see them around." Luckily, her poor word choice was less an indication of how she thinks of life, and more an indication of how groggy she still is. Damn, but she needed to work on her saber technique. Parries were probably a good place to start.

Lierolla was still trying to shake off the inclination to just lie there and get her breath back, and only succeeding slowly. Good recoveries took time, after all.

Frog Dragon
2010-01-08, 11:10 AM
SE47 bumps into a small form, as he starts to accelerate, knocking the little person down.

Squark
2010-01-08, 05:21 PM
"So you've got medical training? Good. I have a feeling we're going to need it. You wouldn't happen to have any of your friend's comlink numbers? I've got a backup comlink in my belt if you've misplaced yours. I'm going to try to see if I can get Shuktsad on my helmet com. Ordinarily, I'd try not to miss the fun, but right now, I think we all just need to regroup. Volner then tries to get a hold of Shuktsad, using com channels commonly used for mando helmet chatter. He also makes sure the light filtration mode on his helmet is on, and then reloads his gun.

Final swift action to go back up the condition track, Free action to use the helmet comlink* and activate the low-light vision of the helmet package, and a pair of move actions to replace both of the power packs in Volner's gun. One of them will go in the power recharger, the other will be stored until that one's finished.

*Manipulating com frequencies and other HUD based functions is done mostly with eye movements, so that and speaking can be done while reloading the gun.

pirateking89
2010-01-14, 11:32 AM
You hear the sound of shooting come through the mist and Volner's call to Shuktsad gets little response.

"Busy here, vod. Send backup if you like."

Frog Dragon
2010-01-16, 02:43 PM
The Sith keep running away from you at top speed.

Squark
2010-01-16, 05:28 PM
"Ill be there as soon as I can." he then turns to Lierolla "Alright. My friend is in hot pursuit of those Sith. Are you travel ready? We're going to need all the help we can get.

Frog Dragon
2010-01-30, 04:32 AM
Aislin&SE47
Ignoring the form you bumped into, you speed out of the fog hoping not to get chewed out by gorram's lieutenants.
Speeding through the city, past the people on the streets, you find yourself in front of one of Gorram's. The one you were supposed to report to. The gruff looking guards regard you for a moment at the door, then step aside.

Elves-as-People
2010-02-01, 07:42 PM
Aislin gestures clearly for SE47 to set her down gently before idly swaggering into the building, putting on her typical show of confidence, but not without the air of brattiness her dress and demeanor exude.

pirateking89
2010-02-02, 11:10 AM
"Volner, brother. They're getting away!"

Shuktsad continues firing on the four-armed woman, hoping to bring her down before she escapes.

pirateking89
2010-02-02, 11:11 AM
Confirming Critical:

[roll0]

Edit: How the hell does that happen? Roll a 20 followed by a 1! I apparently say screw you to probability.

Frog Dragon
2010-02-02, 11:18 AM
(Saga doesn't have Crit Confirmations, so you just crit.)
Shuktsad fires and sends the sith sprawling to the ground. The remaining warriors step between their fallen master and you and point their guns at you and fire.

Lothmar
2010-02-02, 03:12 PM
SE47 slows to a final stop in front of the door and lowers himself to the ground at Aislins request. Once she is on her way to the guards SE47 extracts his arms for a moment to secure a few panels and reroute a few shorting wires; the fix would be temporary and cosmetic enough for him to get by hopefully until he got to a proper mechanic or garage to perform repairs.

After which he reengages his hover pads and restores his arms before continuing in after Aislin.

whoiam
2010-02-02, 03:32 PM
Lierolla

"Can I move?" Said mainly to herself as Lierolla climbs back to her feet. "Apparently yes. I'm still a little... out of it. Best you go on ahead - I need a minute. I should pick up my things, too - 'm not going to be much use if there is more fighting, but patching you up again I can probably manage."

If we're out of regular turns, can I skip straight back to -0 on the condition track?

pirateking89
2010-02-02, 04:06 PM
Shuktsad bows his head against the onslaught of fire, letting it ping off his heavily armored frame. After an instant, he pops up just far enough to send a bolt at the nearest of the soldiers, trying to do a count of the total number firing at him.

"You don't really think you can finish me, do you, hu'tuun?"

Edit: Moving OOC comments to OOC thread.

Frog Dragon
2010-02-06, 06:36 AM
Your shot misses the group entirely as the sith drop to the ground and fire again.

Squark
2010-02-07, 03:48 PM
Follow me when you're ready. I'm going to try and see if I can't lend my friend a hand.

Volner takes runs in the direction the sith fled. If I can make it to the edge of the smoke, can I tell what range the sith are in?

whoiam
2010-02-09, 08:00 AM
Lierolla

Her head clearing even faster than the smoke, Lierolla did exactly that. Of course, this meant she was moving back into danger dragging her two large recovered suitcases along the sand, but that could not be helped - she wasn't about to leave them behind again and risk losing them. She couldn't afford to replace them both, after all.

Frog Dragon
2010-02-09, 09:50 AM
Running out of the smoke, you see, rather far away, Shuktsad and the remaining sith on the ground with some ground between them, trading shots.

whoiam
2010-02-14, 03:52 PM
Faced with this scene of heavy combat and poor marksmanship, Lierolla made the only sane choice: Abandon her luggage (again! *sob*), pull her heavy blaster, and hope this time she wouldn't take one of her own rounds through the abdomen. Stupid bolt deflection...

Squark
2010-02-14, 06:38 PM
Grinning, Volner charges ahead, firing one of his last two loaded grenades at the sith troopers.

Charging Fire* w/ the grenade launcher. And I'll spend a swift action to use begin personal modifcations on my rifle, which'll finish next round. I'll hit multiple sith if I can, but not if it means catching Shuktsad in the blast.

*Which gives me a +2 bonus to attack and will defense, thanks to mandalorian training.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frog Dragon
2010-02-15, 11:53 AM
(I assume Shuktsad keeps shooting?)

Volner fires, his grenade not causing much through the thick armours of the three sith troopers, but you see the lightsaber wielding woman flumping about in the ground. She doesn't seem to be conscious.

pirateking89
2010-02-15, 02:00 PM
Shuktsad smiles under his helmet.

"Glad you could show up, vode. Let's finish them off."

Shuktsad pumps yet another round at the sith, taking his time to line up a headshot.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Squark
2010-02-15, 05:45 PM
Volner Charges onward, leveling his rifle at one of the armored sith.

Charging fire again. My personalized Modifications will kick in, and with the 16 squares I've moved, I should be in short range of the sith now.

[roll0]*
[roll1]

*the charging fire and the range cancel each other out, and there's a +1 bonus to attack w/personalized modifications

Frog Dragon
2010-02-16, 01:20 PM
Aislin&SE47
Walking past the guards and the myriad personnel deployed in this shady base, you see one of the higher ranking men in Gorram's payroll. He's a twilek you remember as Atu Amnat. He walks up to you, and changes direction to walk where Aislin is "Oh, greetings princess" He seems to be taking great pains to hide the sneer he is quickly developing "I see you are back. Where are the others? Are the mercenaries coming back?" He asks, concerning the ambush squad originally sent to deal with the scammers.
"Oh and S-E FourSeven, you should probably go see Mixac, in the hall, you look banged up" he motions towards an open door to the left, speaking in a much less formal tone while adressing SE47. Turning back to Aislin he says "Have you got the credits? It would be a shame to disappoint Gorram" he continues, trying to keep a charade of friendliness and awaiting your response.

Mando's and Lierolla
The sith try to muster a response as the mandalorians keep up the fire, scything down two of the sith. The last sith looks unsure, and decides to run for it, being no match for you. Behind the corpses, the unconscious form of the four armed woman, makes a slight movement

whoiam
2010-02-16, 02:03 PM
The departure of the remaining Sith gives Lierolla time to (again!) collect her things before catching up with the Mandalorians. "I suppose the question is, apart from each taking one of her remaining lightsabers, what should we do with her?" At this rate, Lierolla would soon have more lightsabers than she did limbs. Ah, well. The resale market for those things would pay for an upgrade or two to her sensor suite.

pirateking89
2010-02-16, 03:10 PM
Shuktsad charges forward to the downed sith, flipping his rifle around as he does so. A quick strike to the head when he reaches her should be enough to keep her unconscious while he disarms her.

"Thanks for the aid. They almost managed to scratch my armor."

whoiam
2010-02-16, 03:18 PM
"Great luck on my part then. The only person who took a serious injury is the qualified Surgeon. I hope the other docs don't learn that I got shot by my own Blaster. It would be... difficult to live down.

So, my knights in Mandalorian Armour. May I ask who you are?"

pirateking89
2010-02-16, 03:58 PM
"You can call me Shuktsad. And when that gets too long to say repeatedly, I'll also go by Ordo."

In moments, Shuktsad has stripped all the weapons off the 4 armed sith and bound one pair of hands behind her, the other in front going diagonally, with one upper hand and one lower hand in each set.

"A surgeon, huh? That could be useful."

Squark
2010-02-16, 04:15 PM
Volner Ferrin at your service. Something smells like a fried Mon Cal* here. What are sith doing helping down a con artist, even if he was a shapeshift-

Osik. We left the shapeshifter's corpse back where we got ambushed. Wish we'd found a way of keeping hold of it- I don't think we've seen the last of these sith, not by a long shot. Now, what to do with our prisoner here. Vod, can you keep an eye on the prisoner? I want to see if these sith have anything interesting on them- My gut tells me that last one has friends, and I like to be the one ambushing.

Volner then examines the downed Sith for any sort of datacard or anything else interesting. semi-consciously, he also reloads his blaster and puts the spent power packs away to recharge.

*Something smells fishy. Sorry, couldn't resist

whoiam
2010-02-16, 04:52 PM
"I'm also good with computers, sensors, that sort of thing. Just a shame I never learned much mechanics - It's easy to find good teachers, unless you're from a good family, in which case you can't go near the right people. Frustrating."

OOC: Why, WHY is it impossible for a noble to be trained in Mechanics? Do universities no longer run engineering courses? ARRRGH!

"Anyway, if you do find a datapad or comlink, bring them over. I've got my computer with me - should be able to make a decent shot at getting their contents out and decrypted. Assuming they protected their things in the first place, they might have been sloppy."

Laying Luggage 1 down on the sand, Lierolla sat on it's side, before opening Luggage 2. The computer was in there, after all. Thankfully, it appeared not to have taken any stray shots during the battle. She wasn't made of money, after all. She was made of hard bits and meat.

Elves-as-People
2010-02-16, 06:57 PM
"There were complications... which the mercenaries are smoothing out, if they haven't finished already," Aislin lazily replies, already sick of talking to the Twi'lek. "At present, I think the more pressing issue if that I'm starving."

whoiam
2010-02-19, 05:30 PM
While Lierolla was happy to sit down and leave the Mandalorians to their looting (safe in the knowledge she had the extra lightsaber she'd stolen during the battle, and would probably get one of the remaining three if Shukstad and Volner divided the remaining loot), she knew there was also something important to be done. Raising her left wrist to her face, she switches her extra-special, ultra-expensive comm unit to the frequency the rest of the intended ambush team should have been using, and makes a call.

"Anyone else survive that little debacle, or am I on my own now?"

Apart from the pair of Mandalorians, of course. An unofficial trainee Jedi should probably be more afraid at being alone with two Mandalorians... but they had just saved her life (as far as she could work out). And she couldn't see restraints or stun-sticks in evidence... so probably not slavers.

Lothmar
2010-02-20, 04:56 AM
"Your suggestion is noted and services appreciated..." SE47 adds with a slight spark as a wire jostles slightly inside. "I may be in repair for some time madam, may I be dismissed or shall I continue to serve as is?" It would probably save money on repairs in the long run to invest into better quality shielding S347 thought to himself. But that is not SE47's place to suggest aloud, though like a good droid he'll probably make a note of it in his report if it's requested. Either way, SE47 took protection assignments very seriously and would not leave his ward without their permission.

If he is dismissed he obviously replies something along the lines of 'if you need me just call.'

Frog Dragon
2010-02-20, 07:40 AM
Lierolla
You hear a hear a response from the thug that ran "Yes, fine 'ere. Did ya beat the sith?"
Mando's
Examining the downed sith, you take her lightsabers and do indeed find a datacard. It has a label in it but the label seems to be absolute gibberish.
Shuktsad
You see a Jawa climbing out of the canyon, apparently trying to keep hidded. It runs to the same direction as the sith trooper who ran away.
Aislin&SE47
"Well in that case, you will be pleasantly suprised that we we're just about to eat" The Twilek says formally and leads Aislin to the dining hall.

Squark
2010-02-21, 09:21 AM
Volner does a quick examination of the datacard to see if it's in working condition, then hands it to Lierolla. "Found this on Four-Arms here. Scribbles mean anything to you? They're not in huttese, if that helps.

pirateking89
2010-02-21, 07:26 PM
"We got a watcher."
Shuktsad pops up out of his crouch and points in the direction the sith fled.
"Volner, you have it in you to pursue, or is it up to me?"

whoiam
2010-02-22, 04:36 AM
OOC: Languages Lierolla can read - Common, Binary, Bocce, High Galactic, Huttese, Mando'a.

Whether or not she can read the label, Lierolla will still try and take a look at the datacard's contents. Not on her computer, however - shoving security virii on a datacard is all to easy. She has a datapad for reading strange datacards on for just this reason. No sense in risking the expensive computer.

Frog Dragon
2010-02-22, 09:00 AM
Lierolla
Lierolla can't make out anything, and putting the datacard into the spare datapad only reveals meaningless blocks of code. The content seems to be pure gibberish.

whoiam
2010-02-22, 09:20 AM
"Either this is gibberish or they're using a decent encryption algorithm. I could crack it... possibly... but to be perfectly honest with you, it would probably be faster to join the Sith and wait for them to teach us their encryption protocols."

Elves-as-People
2010-02-22, 01:27 PM
Aislin follows the Twi'lek, thumbing the handle of her pistol idly.

Maybe I should get a full auto setting for this...

Lothmar
2010-02-23, 02:27 AM
SE47 decides not to press the issue further and to seek repairs, assuming their departure as a mild form of approval. SE47 hovers over and through the doorway and into the hall to seek out Mixac.

Squark
2010-02-23, 07:39 PM
"It was a bit of a longshot anyway. So, can we get in contact with your employers? Because I think we weren't actually hired by Gorram's man. It's a long story.

whoiam
2010-02-24, 06:01 AM
"Right, right. Noone's answering the comlinks, so give me a moment to pack this lot away again" Which she's doing as she speaks "and we can head back to Gorram for a nice little chat. Incidentally, while I'm packing my luggage... are you going to keep all three of those lightsabers?"

Gimme another one, gimme another one, gimme another one... You can never have too many spares!

Squark
2010-02-24, 07:33 AM
"Hmm? Oh, sure. Here you go." Volner casually tosses her one. He probably hadn't even thought about the lightsabers much.

"Shuktsad, you're in better condition then either of us, you'd better carry the prisoner. I'd reccomend you put a stun bolt or two in her- Don't want her waking up at a bad time. I'll help you with your luggage then, miss. I think we'd better get back to town- I'd hate to get caught in a sandstorm."

pirateking89
2010-02-24, 02:39 PM
"I can do that. Let me grab one of those lightsabers in case she gets too uppity. I'll cut a few arms off."

After taking one of the blades from Volner and shoving it into his belt, Shuktsad pumps a pair of stun bolts into four arms to keep her out cold. He lets his rifle fall to his side on its strap and hauls the sith across his back.

"Let's get moving."

Squark
2010-02-24, 09:00 PM
"Wait- What was it you said about a watcher?"

pirateking89
2010-02-25, 10:47 AM
"Jawa-looking thing going after the sith. It's long gone now, I'd guess. Although, if you're interested, I'd bet the little bastard wouldn't be too hard to track through sand."

whoiam
2010-02-27, 07:20 AM
Packed and ready, Lierolla gave her things a quick final check - she didn't want her equipment scattered across Tattoine - before turning to the two Mandalorians.

"We should probably just go. Jawas do a lot of looting: But one of them is hardly going to trouble the three of us! Let's just get back into some sort of settlement."

Somewhere where I can find someone else to look at my various burns and holes... What's the good of being the medic if you're the one who keeps on getting injured?

Squark
2010-02-27, 09:27 AM
"Right, Let's get moving."

Frog Dragon
2010-02-27, 09:37 AM
Mando's&Lierolla
As you start to leave, you realize that none of you have found the credit packets this operation was mounted for.
Aislin
As the Twilek leaves to bug the servants you are faced by the cook. He's dressed in an apron over the light yellow clothes he keeps. He's somewhat fat. He smiles friendlily "Atu got under your skin again? He sure is annoying. Have a seat, princess." He points to the large table where the servants of various races are piling the food.
SE47
The hall is large, being full of speeders and droids. There's even a small spaceship in the middle of the hall. You float around, looking for Mixac until a rodian hails you "Hey, SE47. I think you need some repairs. I just got NA00 tended" You see a large combat robot moving its arms as if testing them.

Elves-as-People
2010-02-27, 01:28 PM
Aislin takes the most comfortable looking seat at the table and louges lazily, snacking on some of the food already on the table.
"How much longer 'til Daddy shows up?"

whoiam
2010-02-27, 01:52 PM
Last look around for interesting loot as they start to leave: [roll0]

Lierolla isn't too worried about the lack of credits. Why? She'd been part of a largeish ambush party waiting for a transport. She was now the only one still on the field, accompanied by a pair of Mandalorians who had, to the best of her knowledge, an entirely different mission. She was not about to hang around and try to hold up the transport on her own. If Gorram wanted that money, he'd have to buy better mercs first...

Squark
2010-02-27, 09:02 PM
"... Osik, Osik, and Double Osik. I'll bet 10 credits that the credits aren't here... anymore... Ok, new plan. Lierolla, search the area, since you're the worst for ware. Ner vod, track down that jawa... If it even is a real jawa... I'll keep an eye on the prisoner."

Lothmar
2010-02-27, 09:19 PM
'Gonk ga-gonk' "Hello NA00, take it they finally reattached your arms that got tore off during that ambush on the wookie moving in on the protection rackets. Shame you were damaged, we could have used the extra firepower out there today." SE47 adds in binary casually to the battle droid before pausing realizing he's speaking in binary before extending one of his arms and tapping a panel.

"Quite so unfortunately," SE47 adds tucking his arm back into his body. "but it's what I was designed for." He adds hovering over to the work pad. "Thankfully no vital systems or components were damaged, however I think some wiring was melted from one of the blaster shots since my communication system keeps reverting to binary unexpectedly. Can I be of any assistance, shall I begin removing my shell to repair the punctures?" He asks politely as he knows enough to assist if needed and would prefer to shorten his stay if he could.

Mechanics[roll0]
Or aid another, whichever is appropriate.

Squark
2010-02-27, 09:29 PM
"Actually, maybe I should search, and you should keep your blaster to the prisoner's head and call for backup. I have a very bad feeling about this.", Volner says to Liorella.

Lothmar
2010-02-27, 10:02 PM
Use Computer [roll0]
'What's buffering in my system?' SE47 adds noticing something that had failed to patch itself through to his communications system and had instead saved itself to memory as it was unable to play. The message was in poor condition and was not able to play it but he was able to tell that it had been sent on their private ambush signal.

"Hmm I wasn't able to receive this properly I wonder if I can still broadcast." SE47 adds aloud for a moment figuring it'd be worth testing if he was going to have someone run repairs. "Communications Error, Please repeat previous message." He adds and pauses pondering. "Full withdrawal issued, all operatives return to base." SE47 wasn't so simple but he figured if he was reprimanded for saying that he'd say 'lady Aislin ordered their full retreat and he assumed the order was universal to all operatives who had yet to receive said orders.

Frog Dragon
2010-02-28, 07:15 AM
SE47
"Your comms is shot too?" The rodian comments while replacing the melted wire. "That should do it for the language systems, now we need to fix your comms" He searches around for a short while then takes something out "Oh, No wonder you can't playback." He takes a replacement piece off a box and throws the crushed one into a can. "Now I'm going to need to weld this in place, hold still" He takes a focused machine to not damage anything and sets the wires back into place. "That should work now. Lets look at your shell now. I'm going to replace a few plates, take it off willya." He moves to a side table with the shell and does some repairs "It's not too pretty but should work properly." as he hands the repaired shell back. Oh and the surge protectors on your batteries are out of commission, we need to replace them or you'll overload eventually. He takes a the protectors out and sets them on a table "These aren't too damaged, I might even repair them, but we don't want to keep you here too long, do we. He opens another box and takes out another pair of surge protectors. He sets them into the batteries and they fit in with a click "That should do it." He closes the hatches and screw the last protecting pieces into place. "You're clear to go now SE47, thanks for the help." Mixac turns to another small droid in the hall and starts talking with it for a little until he picks the droid up on the table and starts ratcheting with it.
Aislin
"He should be here in around 15 minutes" The fat cook answers. "I understand, he was going to get the results of the operation from someone. Probably going to bug Atu about it. You might want to make sure you get a word in, or he'll paint you a total failure." The cook then leaves to the kitchen, presumably to order around some servants.
Mando's&Lierolla
Lierolla doesn't find anything too great in the battlefield. The armours of the sith look valuable, but lugging them around would be a pain. The comlinks look worth taking though.
The smoke is clearing and you can actually see into the main battlefield now.

Squark
2010-02-28, 09:19 AM
"Not good. Hand me two of the sith comlinks." Volner presses the equivalent of a call button on the comlinks, then creates a feedback loop by putting them right up against each other.

"Always wanted to do that."

Frog Dragon
2010-02-28, 09:30 AM
Volner
You heard the call signal double for a moment. After the sound ends, you hear huffing sounds as if someone on the other end was running you then hear an angry voice say "What the.." The signal then cuts off for both of the comlinks.

whoiam
2010-02-28, 03:38 PM
Lierolla
"Yeah, I'll watch her." It's not as though I'm the one dragging luggage... fine, I'll put one of the suitcases down, ignite one of her lightsabers - MY lightsabers, even - and keep the point near her neck, just in case.

Elves-as-People
2010-02-28, 03:46 PM
Aislin nods to the cook, yawns, and keeps snacking while she waits for others to show up.

pirateking89
2010-02-28, 09:12 PM
Shuktsad drops the woman and jogs to where he saw the creature at, sweeping his eyes over the sand for tracks and extending his helmet sensors as far they will go, hoping to pick up a sign of the creature.

(OOC: Perception 16, Survival 3)

Squark
2010-03-01, 08:13 PM
"Well this is a fine mess we're in. I just hope Gorram is in a forgiving mood." Volner mutters as he searches the area, more to find anything else useful. It was a large box, he imagines, so it shouldn't have been hard to spot if it was in fact still here..

Perception[roll0]

"Did you call Gorram's men for backup? I'd do it myself, but the contact who hired me was probably rotting in a back alley several days before I went into the tavern looking for work*, so I don't think Gorram will be pleased to find out Mercenaries he didn't actually hire failed. Plus, I don't have the com number."

*Since the actual contact bursting in would be pretty damaging for the shapeshifter's cover, Volner's assumed he was murdered.

Frog Dragon
2010-03-05, 08:21 AM
Shuktsad
Your attempt to judge any footsteps fails miserably and you can hardly even find any. However looking around, you see a form far away. It is too far away to see what it is, but it seems to not move.
Volner
Looking around the battlefield, you see no sign of what could be the money packet.
Aislin
As the people find their seats in the table, even most servants sitting down to eat, a constant stream of small talk erupts in the room. After a short while, you see your father walk in from one of the side doors. He walks up to the twilek and starts talking to him. As they speak, Gorram seems to get increasingly unhappier. You cannot hear what they are saying, but it seems to be about the failed ambush.
Lierolla
The sith makes no move towards escaping, still being out cold from the shots she was given by Shuktsad.

Lothmar
2010-03-06, 04:12 PM
Exiting the mechanics garage SE47 returns back down the hall he came to the entryway. From there he heads over to the door he saw Aislin and the Twi'lek enter and opens it. He hovers in quietly and finds himself a nice blank section of wall to place himself against when he notices Goram is already there.

whoiam
2010-03-06, 04:19 PM
Lierolla

One hand full of lightsaber still held at the ready (when someone's already knocked you unconscious once in a day, you tend not to take chances), Lierolla toggled her comlink again.

"I don't suppose Gorram's got a heavy lifter droid he could spare right now, has he? We're at the 'ambush' site, and we've got a prisoner. Dragging her back home won't be an awful lot of fun..."

Lothmar
2010-03-06, 06:51 PM
Hearing the communication internally SE47 pauses for a moment and eventually decides showing some initiative may be the best way of at least somewhat redeeming himself.

He hovers to the door and back out into the hallway. "This is SE47, fully operational and ready to respond; Proceeding to pick-up prisoner and Escort personnel still in field." He adds hovering out the front door and moving a reasonable distance before engaging his flight locomotion so as not to rudely kick up dust for the guards in front.

pirateking89
2010-03-06, 07:40 PM
Shuktsad jogs towards the distant shape, hoping to find something useful.

Squark
2010-03-07, 07:14 AM
Could you hand me a datapad and that datacard? I'll see if I can't crack the encryption.

Use Computer: [roll0]

whoiam
2010-03-07, 07:43 AM
"Forget it. This isn't something you can do in five minutes on a dead pad. The data card's not going anywhere, so I'll get it into my portable computer when I'm not in imminent danger of death by snow storm. Anyway, there's a droid coming back to help us drag our captive in to base. Not much point in setting up shop here."

Frog Dragon
2010-03-07, 08:21 AM
Shuktsad
As you near the shape, you see there are actually two. The jawa and the sith trooper. The jawa is handing the sith something and promptly gets smashed in the head with the butt of a rifle. The sith looks around for a second, sees you and breaks into a jog again.
The Field (Volner, Lierolla and SE47)
Keeping taps on the sith leader, who shows no signs of getting up soon, you are soon faced with the familiar form of SE47, who has apparently been fixed. Shuktsad is almost out of sight and is apparently jogging to catch the jawa. In the bushes and behind the house near the field, a few jawa scavengers appear, looking to loot the fallen of the battle.

Elves-as-People
2010-03-07, 10:47 AM
Aislin continues lounging and tries to catch her father's eye, waving him over.

pirateking89
2010-03-07, 11:21 AM
With a flick of his eyes in his helmet, he turns his vocalizer way up. "You really think you can get away? We killed your boss already. Stop, scum!"

Even as the last words are coming out of his mouth, Shuktsad increases his pace to a sprint, yanking the knife out of his belt as he goes.

Squark
2010-03-07, 11:57 AM
Suddenly, Volner hits himself in the head lightly "Di'kut! I am such an idiot.*" Volner puts his helmet back on and toggles the H.U.D. display to show his integrated Electrobinoculars, then tries to get a good luck at the fleeing "Jawa," although he still wonders if it's actually another shapeshifter.

"Don't try anything, rodents. We've had enough trouble from your kind taking what isn't yours already." Volner says to the Jawas as he tries to get a better look at the one running away.

Perception: [roll0], and he only takes a -1 penalty every 10 squares instead a -5 penalty.

*Volner is repeating himself in basic (roughly) for the benefit of non-mando'ade.

Lothmar
2010-03-07, 04:52 PM
SE47 touches down slowly as his systems go into a cool down state after flying. His two arm appendages slowly extend from the backrest and pick up the sith leaders body setting her into his chair like body. He then makes sure her arms and legs are in position before engaging his binder cuff tool appendages, as she has four arms and he's only designed for two arms and legs, he holds the top two arms up and both of them are manacled by the set designed to hold someone's neck in place as her head likely hangs limply between them.

"Prisoner secure. Do you acquire assistance with your luggage as well or should I keep a weapon at the ready?" SE47 inquires politely while his arms are still out as he activates his shield generator as Volner commences to yell obscenities at the nearby jawa.

And yes, I did pay for 5 (1 larger then the other 4) sets of binder cuff tool appendages... Im creepy like that.

Squark
2010-03-07, 05:02 PM
"Yeah, keep an eye on the Jawas. They've already looted what we came for, and I'm not about to have them steal something else. I'm Volner Ferrin, by the way. We were... sort of hired by one of Gorram's men. And when I say sort of, I mean the contact turned out to be the shapeshifter who'd been stealing the credits- Assuming it was the only one... What's your designation... droid? I'm not familiar with your model."

Lothmar
2010-03-07, 06:26 PM
SE47 pans slightly to Volner as he begins talking and he takes a momentary video record of his face and his voices wave length as he files it away in his system to easier recognize him in the future. In fact he does this to all contacts and business associates of Gorams crew for easier reference. "I shall report on these findings to Goram immediatly upon our return, it shouldn't be too hard to verify the status of Enforcer grade representatives or below; Apologies for the inconvenience." He adds respectfully for a moment.

"I am designated S.E.4.7. and that is no surprise seeing as I am not part of any manufacturers series." A fancy way of saying he's someone's pet project that probably failed to sell or catch on. From the curved form and placement of the hover pads it looks as if someone may have attempted to refurbish and re purpose and old Droideka series destroyer droid frame - since it 'seems' obvious that this thing doesn't have the firepower of a droideka, then again it did pull out arms and plenty of binder cuffs from internal storage so it's possible.

"Goram and his associates should be finished with their discussion of this very mission soon enough, I would like to return to deliver the prisoner for interrogation soon, to possibly discover where the credit shipment was being escorted to so that we can intercept the retreating enemy."

Squark
2010-03-07, 06:59 PM
"We have a hunch, actually, and... Well, you recall my mention of a Jawa stealing what we came for? I'm pretty sure my friend is in pursuit of the looter."

Frog Dragon
2010-03-10, 10:12 AM
The Field
When you warn the jawas, they back off a bit. Maybe to gather the courage to start looting anyway. The jawas are gathering and now there's 15 of them already. They seem to be appearing from behind the slopes and buildings.
Shuktsad
The trooper looks behind him and keeps running, but his pace slows. Running in the desert heat in full armor seems to be too much for the sith. He tries to keep pace to get away, but you're quickly catching him. You run past the jawa who is most certainly dead. The sith suddenly shifts to the side and fires at you, likely hoping to shoot you if he can't run from you
Aislin
Your father talks with the twilek for a short while then sees you. He walks over and his mood seems to brighten instantly "Hello, Aislin. I'm sorry for not being here earlier. I had to meet with the lieutenants." He takes a seat next to you and piles some food onto the plate. "Atu said you failed the mission completely, but I need to hear more of the story. I don't think he's being honest." He tells you between eating.

Elves-as-People
2010-03-10, 11:27 AM
"Well, after I shot dead one sith and threw a detonator at another, the droid was about to break down, so I left those guys with jetpacks you hired to finish up while I came back." Aislin replies between mouthfulls, before adding "Also, can you have one of the slicers make my gun go full auto?"

Frog Dragon
2010-03-10, 11:45 AM
Aislin
Gorrams face takes up a confused look. "Those guys with jetpacks that I hired" He repeats once then states "I never hired anyone with a jetpack, and neither did Cole." He looks around for a second "Talking about that, where is that old fart anyway? He should've been back by now, even with the cane."
He then takes another forkful of food and eats it. "About the weapon, you'll need to ask them. They'll do it if they aren't occupied with anything else."

whoiam
2010-03-10, 12:02 PM
"Don't know about you, Volner, but I think this is about time I exited the field." Four-arms was loaded onto the droid first, and assuming it didn't complain about the weight, would be followed by both Lierolla's suitcases and then Lierolla herself. "They didn't pay me to slaughter Jawas, and I'm in no hurry to start. Want a lift?"

Lothmar
2010-03-10, 12:23 PM
A light flashes for a moment as a bit of code displays for SE47 as his scales register his nearing maximum load. "Appologies I have just undergone maintenance, I am afraid I will not be able to carry any more passengers or cargo and move at full speed or Fly if it is needed." He adds to Lieoralla after she is realatively secured.

"I would also not suggest uneccessary conflict with the Jawa, anything of worth that hasnt been acquired already today will likely be scavenged by the local tribes who will then trade it back to our trader band anyway. The sooner we locate your companion and return the more likely it will be to clear up this whole incident and possibly work out payment for your services."

pirateking89
2010-03-10, 08:03 PM
Shuktsad laughs as another bolt bounces off his battle-scarred armor.

"You really think you can manage what your leader couldn't?"

With that, he drops his knife and yanks his rifle around on its strap, his hands locking around in perfect tempo to get a shot off at the sith, his aim being fairly true despite his haste.

Squark
2010-03-10, 08:36 PM
"Yeah, we're probably going to have to leave soon. You go ahead, I want to see if I can't cut a deal with the Jawas."

He walks towards the jawas, "Alright. Here's what I'm thinking. I get the suit of armor closest to my size, and you can take the other two suits of armor, and anything else you find on the corpses. Seem Reasonable? A nod will do."

Persuasion: [roll0]

Elves-as-People
2010-03-11, 12:36 AM
Aislin looks confused, and a tad annoyed, by what her father says, before dismissively shrugging and resuming her slow, methodical eating.

whoiam
2010-03-11, 04:46 AM
"Okay, SE-47. Get us back to base."

Yay, cover! Wind free cover! I don't know why I agreed to come to this dust bowl in the first place...

Frog Dragon
2010-03-11, 08:57 AM
Shuktsad
The sith is laid low by the shot. His gun flies off his hands and he falls on his back. He tries to get up, but proves to be unable to. Quickly, you catch him.
Volner
The jawas bunch up and seem to be negotiating. One steps up and issues what seems to be disagreement, but the jawa is silenced by another jawa's elbow to the side. The jawas nod in unison and divide into the field leaving the sith armors untouched until you find your piece.
SE47&Lierolla
Carrying such a heavy load, SE47 is not making a very good time, but you eventually find yourself back in base. One of the door guards looks at the load on SE47 as Lierolla jumps off and sprints inside. He comes back with a few servants who carry the sith inside and one takes the suitcases asking Lierolla "Are these yours?"
Aislin
At around the end of the meal, one of the door guards comes in and orders a few servants to help with something outside. Soon you see them carrying the unconscious form of the sith woman through the hall.

Squark
2010-03-11, 08:47 PM
Volner takes the suit of armor, then heads back to town. With the suit of armor, he won't make great time, but considering the weight the droid was carrying, he shouldn't be too far beyond Liorella and SE-47.

Once he makes it into town, after a few inquiries to find Gorram's place, he requests an audience, hoping to explain what just happened, and maybe get a few answers, too. And if it happened to lead to another job, so much the better. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time. Almost made him thankful that trader had left him behind. Not that Volner didn't intend to gut him like a fish if he ever saw that trader again.

whoiam
2010-03-13, 07:03 AM
"Yeah, those are mine. Be careful with them - the sensor gear can be a little fragile."

With that, she had a report to file... which meant looking around for a certain Gorram...

Elves-as-People
2010-03-13, 01:09 PM
Aislin leans back and stretches casually as she angles for a better look at the sith.

Lothmar
2010-03-13, 01:12 PM
Handing things one at a time to the servants as they come out SE47 is eventually freed of his heavy burden. "We will be expecting up to two other guests. Please find them a place to wait until Goram is ready to see them, preferably inside." SE47 addresses the door guards so they'll know to expect someone. At which point he hovers back into the building and down the hallway towards the dining room.

He opens the door and hovers back into the room. He looks around to see if he can find Goram and if he doesn't appear to be busy or in the middle of a conversation he'll approach to inquire about meeting some individuals, or if he was too busy and would designate the duty to someone else.

pirateking89
2010-03-14, 01:33 AM
"Where is it, scum?"
With a swift kick at the downed sith, Shuktsad's powerful legs ensure the man stays on the ground.
"No one keeps the mando from their prey."

Frog Dragon
2010-03-14, 05:49 AM
Shuktsad
The sith mutters something unintelligible and produces a packet from his armour. It is remarkably small for the amount of money it is supposed to contain and is likely full of high value units.
Volner
You arrive at the large base of operations and find the door guards suprisingly receptive. They let you in with little hassle.
You walk into a large room, with servants running around. It's cool despite the hot air of tatooine. The large hall-like room has numerous servants running around and you see SE47 and Lierolla walking into the dining hall.
SE47&Lierolla
You see Gorram in the dining room, just having left the table. He doesn't seem to notice you two and is starting to walk away
Aislin
As your father leaves the table, you are left with a clearer line of sight at the sith. She seems to still be in full black clothing, but is stripped of all her weapons.

whoiam
2010-03-14, 06:05 AM
Lierolla strides into the dining room. And pauses a moment upon catching sight of Aislin. "Well, at least someone else made it back alive. I was beginning to wonder." Then she resumes her persuit of Gorram, who is interrupted by a slightly irritated "I survived as well, but I think I'm the last survivor who will be coming back from that ambush. Oh... there's a pair of Mandalorians, Volner and Shuktsad, who would have been working for you if their contact hadn't double-crossed them before they could sign up. They'll be along when they are done looting the battlefield and/or fighting the local Jawas. Any questions for me before I get someone to take a look at some of these blaster wounds I've picked up?"

Squark
2010-03-14, 06:22 PM
Volner heads over toward SE-47 and Lierolla. If Gorram is with them, he requests that the conversation be moved to a more secure room; If not, he just waves to the pair and finds a chair.

pirateking89
2010-03-15, 10:29 AM
Shuktsad plants a foot on the Sith's chest and starts flipping through the credit notes, attempting to make sure it's all there.
"You're not trying to cheat me now, are you? That really wouldn't be too smart."

Frog Dragon
2010-03-24, 10:28 AM
Lierolla, SE47&Volner
Gorram turns around and stops. "Our operation really seems to have gone less than succesfully. We've lost an agent an several men" Gorram comments "I will need to find these mandalorians." He continues before offhandedly remarking "The medic's there" he points to a door in the back of the room. Then he adresses Volner as he walks up "I suppose you're one of the mandalorians I've been hearing about, but you are right. We should take this to the office" He walks out of another door, with you behind him. Opens another door with a key and sits down behind a desk. The setup looks curiously like a legitimate company. He then motions you to sit on the other chair. "I'm guessing this is about the pay since you were never actually hired by us?" He then continues "I'll however, be happy to pay should you or one of your partners be able to produce results."
Shuktsad
The sith shakes his head and speaks, in a slightly fearful tone "No, it's the money."

whoiam
2010-03-24, 10:36 AM
Grumbling, Lierolla comments to the suddenly-gorram-less air "I know where the medic is. What do you think you hired me as?" - Apparently, the pain in her abdomen had made her testy. Still, Gorram obviously didn't want anything more from her at the present time, so she made her way through to the medic.

"Funny, I never really expected to be the one in here with blaster wounds."

Squark
2010-03-25, 03:33 PM
"We were hired by, well... someone who looked like the contact at the Bantha's Eye. Unfortunately, on the way to the ambush sight, we where attacked by a group of sith, and the contact turned traitor. In the ensuing firefight, he was cut down, and he... changed. I didn't get a good look at the body, but I'd be confident to say he's your shapeshifter... assuming he didn't have friends.

It's possible that the contact was your only security leak, and that he gave up the ambush site under duress, but... Well, it sounds a bit too optimistic to me.

In less speculative matters, my friend, Shuktsad Ordo was pursuing a Jawa that we think ran off with the credits-

Speaking of which, excuse me for a moment while I check up on him."

Volner turns on hims helmet comlink with a series of eye movements.

"Any luck with the Jawa, Ner Vod?"

Elves-as-People
2010-04-05, 04:48 PM
Aislin saunters over to the sith, a smug grin on her face. "Are you feeling more cooperative now?"

Frog Dragon
2010-04-08, 10:47 AM
Aislin
The sith doesn't speak, but simply shoots you an evil glare, before being shoved forward by one of Gorram's soldiers
Volner
"Yes, one of my best men has been taken by impersonators and there are propably more." Gorram sighed. "How did a jawa even get to the credits?" He then comments.
Lierolla
The door you were pointed at just has a few small rooms and one of them is open. There is a cerean in the room, in a labcoat, he waves you to come in. "You're Lierolla, right? You were in the ambush attempt? "

whoiam
2010-04-08, 12:14 PM
"That's right. Turns out having a medic on-site does little good if it's the medic who gets injured. Blaster fire, lightsaber cuts... If you find someone's sprayed a bullseye on me in UV paint or anything, let me know, okay?"

Squark
2010-04-12, 06:24 PM
I think the Jawa got a hold of it when the sith dropped a smoke bomb. Both Lierolla and I needed to catch our breath, but Shuktsad, my partner, followed the fleeing sith, and then we followed him to make sure he was all right. Then we had to deal with the prisoner, and by the time we got back to the original battlefield, the credits where The jawa must have seen the battlefield and have started salvaging while the smoke was only part clear- That's probably why we didn't see it.

Frog Dragon
2010-04-19, 08:37 AM
Volner
"Well, nothing much to do than wait then. We don't have enough information to act yet. I need to send word to my men in the trading, id they see a jawa with copious amounts of money." Gorram sits back down. "That was all then?" Gorram finishes
Lierolla
"Alright, then. There are some serious burns here. I think you might want some painkillers while I treat these." A robot arises from the table with a needle, injecting it into your arm. Waiting for a short while, the doctor then starts applying various salves to the burns, and cleaning the wounds. He finally bandages them. "I think this should do it."

whoiam
2010-04-19, 08:40 AM
"Nice work, friend. If you're ever stupid enough to venture out on a mission, I'll try and return the favour." Lierolla's first smile in a while followed. Then it was time to go - she'd got to get back wherever her luggage had ended up (her quarters, presumeably) and start a proper decryption attempt...

Elves-as-People
2010-04-19, 11:03 AM
Aislin struts over to the medical bay and rolls up her pant legs, revealing the grazing wounds she received during the fire fight. "Slap some ointment on these quick I've got a schedule to keep," she says, feigning boredom.

Frog Dragon
2010-04-28, 08:28 AM
Lierolla
Getting to your quarters, you plop the datacard in and try to get something other than gibberish out of it. You actually manage to break the encrypting after several hours of work, seeing actual words appear on the screen. The words are apparently in a language you do not understand. The markings do not seem to stand for a letter per marking.
Aislin
"Err.. right, princess" the medic says, following the orders as spoken. He uses a painkiller and some ointments, finally bandaging them "All done here, princess."

Elves-as-People
2010-04-28, 11:11 AM
"Thanks. Hopefully next time will just be me stopping by to say 'hi.'" Aislin replies, before getting up and strutting over to the mechanics room. "So any of you slicers want to rock my world and give my blaster a full auto setting?" she says, pulling out her oversized pistol and setting it on a table.

Squark
2010-04-28, 12:44 PM
With nothing else to do, and only superficial wounds that could be seen to after he is sure he won't be needed once Shuktsad arrived, Volner wanders about the complex, eventually wandering into the mechanical area, just as Aislin mentions upgrading her blaster

"Upgrading a Hand blaster for full auto, eh? hmm... It's not just a matter of turning the safeties off- You'd need a new heat sink. The ones on most stock blasters, especially the heavy ones, are barely adequate for what they already do- Unless you're trying to turn the gun into a bomb, anyway. It isn't pretty when they blow, let me tell you that." Volner pauses momentary, half-consciously touching his left wrist before continuing.

"Then you need to play with some of the stabilizers, or the recoil from the gun will break your wrist, even with that bracer you're wearing- It's one reason most sub-repeaters and other small guns with auto settings come with a stock built in.

The real trick, though, is not damaging anything as you install everything. Particularly on models like yours, the wiring is very... precise, I guess you could say if you're feeling charitable. Hit the wrong connection, and your left with a gun that could stop working the next time you have to take a dive... Or worse. One reason I always use a diagnostic visor- You usually don't need it, but the last thing you want is to find out that your gun stopped working in the middle of a firefight. I could probably see what I can do with it, if you can get me the parts I need."

whoiam
2010-04-28, 01:14 PM
"Speaking of parts we need", Lierolla and her (now decrypted) looted datapad had been looking for droids, and found mechanics. "I don't suppose your father owns any protocol droids, Aislin? We're now the proud owners of a decrypted datafile in some language I don't recognise. Could do with feeding it to a translator, seeing if it can help."

Squark
2010-04-28, 01:37 PM
"Hmm... make sure it's one of the higher end models. The documents could be written in the older sith dialects- It's a common way to keep something secret, since it's impossible to break a code if you don't understand the language it's written in. My grandfather knew a smuggler who kept his logs in an obscure dialect from a backwater world near the unknown regions to keep them unreadable by authorities, since only the really specialized translators have it programmed in, and then only if they were built within a couple parsecs of the planet.

Elves-as-People
2010-04-28, 04:22 PM
"Well you're more than welcome to search in here for the parts you mentioned. Have you done this sort of thing before?" Aislin says, her eyes occupied elsewhere as she leans in to get a look at the language on the datapad, checking to see if she recognizes it.

Squark
2010-04-28, 05:49 PM
"Once or twice. Most Mando'ade don't have my talent, or interest, for that matter, in tinkering, so I tended to be the one people went to to get their guns fixed or enhanced. Most of what I worked with where the heavier stuff, but I've worked on one or two gunslinger's pistols in the past. Main problem is that heat sinks that can do what you want without making your gun larger than you can carry tend to be hard to find- Most places don't keep spares. I'll look around to see if I notice one, but you're probably going to need to buy it from a specialty vendor. They're not cheap. Probably in the region of about 800 credits. The other parts are easier to come by, and you probably have one or two lying around this place, but without a proper heat sink, rigging your gun for automatic fire will leave you with a thermal detonator in hand."

whoiam
2010-04-28, 06:42 PM
"You could also reduce the heat-sink requirements by adding additional radiative capacity to the blaster: For in-atmosphere use, especially, just adding fins or cooling fans will increase the efficiency of your heat-management system. Heat-sinking is all well and good, but you need to get that heat away from the weapon somehow..."

Lierolla might not have had Volner's experience with a spanner, but she'd had one hell of an education.

"It'll leave you with a heavy, clunky, ugly weapon, though. But you'd get up to full auto without needing an especially expensive or rare heat sink."

Better yet, improved heat dissipation means the heat sink will cool down faster, allowing the auto fire to be used more often... What everyone forgets about heat-sinks is that you have to get the heat back out again once you've sunk it, or the heatsink itself will melt eventually...

Elves-as-People
2010-04-28, 07:23 PM
"I've already got a couple of those" Aislin says, pulling out a thermal detonator and casually tossing it from hand to hand before putting it away again. "All I know is, done right it's a 1k job, and it shouldn't look like hell afterwards... though making it look like I'm pulling out artilllery isn't entirely undesirable. I'm sure we can get the parts we need."