PDA

View Full Version : WW Central VI: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

happyturtle
2010-03-04, 12:55 PM
Hey goof... we still on for LLD?

Do we need to recruit a third co-narrator? Dunno how busy you are.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-04, 12:59 PM
Could possibly co-narrate for LLD, depending on when the next re-incarnation is, if you actually want/need a third co-narrator. Things like that.

Trixie
2010-03-04, 02:13 PM
I might be able to help, too :smallwink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-03-04, 03:38 PM
(NOTE: ATREYU DOES NOT INTEND TO RUN THIS GAME.....yet, but the design was in his head and Playground Squares gave him a perfect opportunity to unleash it. This idea is filed under Open Gaming License, so that basically if anyone wants to run it, they may feel free to do so. However, Atreyu does not own the rights to Pokemon, so you can't make any money off this game. There aren't many ways to make money off this game, unless you were to charge people a fee in return for getting the Pokemon of their choice.)

For Reinholdt!

POKEMON II: The Curse of the Murderous Eevee!

Setting: A Pokemon training school.
Plot: Short plot: A magically augmented evil Eevee is on the loose, killing the trainers in the school one by one.

Long plot is LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Ash Ketchum was invited to be the guest speaker and show off his Pikachu whenever Team Rocket shows up trying to stop him. Team Rocket unleashes their newest weapon, the Black Arbok Statue. The statue is a legendary artifact created using the greatest of Alakazam magics during the Great Yoshi Rebellion shoots a beam of energy at a Pokemon turning it bigger, stronger, and under the control of the statue's holder. As they arrived they blasted a random Pokemon, hoping to turn it into an instrument of DOOM, but they made the mistake of blasting an Eevee! Eevee's as you probably know, tend to absorb the properties of just about anything that touches them and this Eevee absorbed the powers of the statue. The poor Pokemon was instantly transformed into a venomous monster with hypnotic powers that began to wreck havoc on the school. Team Rocket fled with great practiced skill, leaving the students to deal with the mess.

The Eevee has taken over the minds of some of the students, referring to them as his "Wolves." They will protect him from the other students and they will all have to be defeated in order to subdue the evil Eevee.

Black Arbok Statue rules rules shamelessly ripped off from Mafia III and introduced by Joosbawx.
At the beginning of the game the Black Arbok Statue is randomly given to one player. If and when that player is killed, the Statue moves to the individual or group responsible for that players death.

Example 1: 'Player A', a Trainer, has the Black Arbok Statue. S/he is killed by the Wolves during the night. The Statue is then randomly assigned to one of the members of the faction responsible for that death. There will usually be some evidence left behind that would indicate that the deceased was in possession of the Statue at time of their demise.
Example 2: 'Player A', belonging to any faction, has the Black Arbok Statue. S/he is voted against and lynched by 'popular vote'. At time of death, the Statue will be obtained by the player that started the bandwagon against 'Player A'.

Sidequest & Role: Retrieve the statue. One lone team rocket member was brave enough to stay behind as his team fled. He knows, if he brings the statue back to Team Rocket, Goivonni will give him the promotion and he'll be blasting off to the top of Team Rocket. His goal is to retrieve the statue and flee the scene. The statue will be handled in the manner that artifacts would be handled in Mafia games. Each night the Team Rocket Agent can sneak into someone's room and search for the statue, if he finds it, he still has to acquire it in the Mafia style manner. After he acquires the statue, he may choose to leave the game as long as he has the Black Arbok statue.

ROLE: Teachers - Act as masons.

Why you should play aka "What makes this game different": At the beginning of the game every player will be randomly assigned a Pokemon. Most pokemon will be a one time use power, but this is not always the case.

Sample Pokemon:

{table]Pokemon|Power|evolution trigger
Machop|Seismic Toss: Can deflect 2 current points at its trainer to another trainer| survive a bandwagon of at least 5 points. Evolves to Machoke.
Machoke|Vital Throw: Can deflect 5 points at its trainer to another trainer|Trade to another player. Evolves to Machamp.
Machamp|Cross Chop: Can deflect all points at its trainer to another trainer|Its the champ! It can't get better.
Drowzee|Meditate: Use at night to scry on one other trainer and reveal their role and Pokemon. They will learn who scried them, but not your role.| Be on a successful bandwagon to lynch a "wolf". Evolves to Hypno.
Hypno|Hypnosis: Use at night to scry one trainer, learn their role and pokemon, and they won't remember you.| It can't be done nor can you get ye flask.
Magikarp| Filet O' Fish: Magikarp has no power. It really can't do much at all unless you're hungry. You can use Magikarp on yourself or others to make Sushi! It has no game effect, but its tasty. You can use Magikarp on someone with a firetype Pokemon to make grilled fish. Its tasty but has no game effect.|Lead a lynch while having the Black Arbok statue in your possession. Evolves into Gyarados
Gyarados| Hyper Beam: as a night action can blast another player, eliminating them from the game (AKA Sniper ability.) May be used multiple times, and each night.| Gyarados cannot evolve and any attempt to do so will destroy the universe.
Pichu| Thundershock: ZAP all players currently pointing at Pichu's trainer. They cannot use their Pokemon for the rest of the day phase. |Happiness:Evolves whenever a "wolf" is lynched. Pichu evolves into Pikachu!
Pikachu| Thunderbolt: ZAP all players currently pointing at Pikachu's trainer. They cannot use Pokemon for the rest of the day nor night actions or Pokemon tonight. If all remaining wolves are zapped, they may not make a night kill tonight.|Use a thunderstone: Evolves into Raichu.
Raichu|Thunderpunch: ZAP all players currently pointing at Raichu's trainer. They cannot use their pokemon for the rest of the day, nor can they use night actions or Pokemon tonight nor can they use Pokemon tomorrow. If all remaining wolves are zapped, they may not make a night kill tonight.| It can't evolve, at least not yet, but rumors are that it will evolve in 2013.
Mewtwo LEGENDARY|Psyburst: During the night phase to scry a players role. Does not reveal their Pokemon. May be used once a night, but may be used multiple times. No cooldown time. (Psst! Its the Seer)|Smearing jelly on Mewtwo will turn it into a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You probaly don't want to evolve one of the most powerful Pokemon in the game into a PB & J with no powers. So we are assuming that there is no way to evolve a Mewtwo.
Ditto|Transform: Copies and uses the ability of the last Pokemon used. Please note that some Pokemon are used in PM's so the last ability used may not be what you think it is.| Sorry, ditto's don't seem to evolve. Bummer, aye?
Chimchar|Ember: Burn away 4 points at you. The first 4 people pointing at you, their points don't count against you and they cannot point again for the rest of the day.|Work the phrase "flaming poo" into a conversation in the random banter thread. No simply spamming the phrase. It must be used in the current conversation, but it only needs to be said once. Elvolves into Monferno.
Monferno|Flame Wheel: Burn away 6 points at you. The first 6 people pointing at you, their points don't count against you and they cannot point again for the rest of the day.|After day 3, work the phrase "My monkey is on fire" into a conversation in the random banter thread. No simply spamming the phrase. It must be used in the current conversation, but it only needs to be said once. Elvolves into Infernape.
Infernape|Flare Blitz: Burn away all points at you. All people pointing at you, their points don't count against you and they cannot point again for the rest of the day.| It doesn't get cooler than Infernape! Don't even try.
Riolu|Force Palm: Its trainer may protect itself from "wolf" attack at night. Multiple use pokemon. (1 day cooldown period.) |Happiness: When a "wolf" is lynched.
Lucario| Aura Sphere: Protects one trainer a night from "wolf" attacks. Multiple use Pokemon. No cooldown period. (Baner!) | Nope, although given his appearance, he may evolve into Atreyu the Masked Llama.
Celebi: LEGENDARY|Time Travel: Celebi may travel back in time to prevent the death of the last person killed in the game and bring them back to life.| Celebi can't evolve, everyone knows that, you silly person.
Zapdos: LEGENDARY|Rain Dance: If used during the day, no other Pokemon may be used for the rest of the day phase. If used during the night, no other Pokemon may be used for the rest of the night. Pokemon used before Zapdos may continue to be used.| If Zapdos is unused by the end of the game, and your team wins, it transforms into Zeus, the Greek God. Show this to any Narrator running a Greek Gods themed WW game and see if they'll give you something nifty for it.
Darkrai: LEGENDARY| Dark Void: Used during the night phase to target a trainer. That trainer may not post in the thread nor their Pokemon until the beginning of the next night phase. The affected trainer will not be auto-lynched for this. Multiple use Pokemon, no cooldown. (Extreme Voider!)|No evolving. This guy is nasty enough.
Gastly| Mean Look: Used once during the night phase against target trainer. That trainer may not use his Pokemon until the start of the next night phase. If that trainer has already used his Pokemon, then Gastly is ineffective.| May evolve at anytime on or after the 4th game day, by having his trainer PM Atreyu and ask politely to have Gastly evolve into Haunter!
Haunter| Shadow Punch: Used, once during the night phase against target trainer. That trainer may not use his Pokemon until the start of the next night phase. If that trainer has already used his Pokemon, then Haunter is ineffective. Multiple use (2 day cooldown)| Evolves into Gengar when traded to another player. I wouldn't trade it to a player you've targetted, though.
Gengar| Shadow Claw: Once per night, it is used during the night phase against target trainer. That trainer may not use his Pokemon until the start of the next night phase. If that trainer has already used his Pokemon, then Gengar is ineffective. Multiple use. No cooldown. (Voider)| Gengar creeps out Atreyu and he's afraid of any form that may be more powerful than Gengar, so Gengar may not evolve, at all, ever!
Bulbasaur| Vine Whip: Bulbasaur has a 10% chance of stealing another trainer's Pokemon. PM the narrator during the night phase. If Vine Whip is ineffective, then the trainer may try again. (1 Night Cooldown) If it is Super Effective, then Bulbasaur may not steal again until it evolves into Ivysaur.| Evolves into Ivysaur after 5 Pokemon have been used.
Ivysaur| Sleep Powder: Ivysaur has a 25% chance of stealing another trainer's Pokemon. PM the narrator during the night phase. If Sleep Powder is ineffective then the trainer may try again (2 night cooldown), if it is Super Effective, trainer may not steal again until it evolves into Venusaur.|Evolves into Venusaur when 13 Pokemon are used.
Venusaur| Petal Dance: Venusaur has a 50% chance of stealing another trainer's Pokemon. PM the narrator during the night phase. If Petal Dance is ineffective then the trainer may try again (2 night cooldown), if it is Super Effective, trainer may not steal again. |Venusaur will not evolve on a train. It will not evolve on a plane. It will not evolve with a stone. It will not evolve when alone. It will not evolve in the air. It will not evolve anywhere!
Diglett: |Dig: Diglett's trainer immediately knows the roles and Pokemon of 2 non-wolves|Evolves into Dugtrio whenever 2 people are auto-lynched.
Dugtrio | Earth Power: Dugtrio's trainer immediately knows the roles and Pokemon of 4 non-wolves.| Ever wonder what happens to the personalities of the other two digletts whenever they evolve into Dugtrio? Does Dugtrio hear voices cuz of it? In any case, Dugtrio doesn't evolve.
Mareep |Thunderwave: For the rest of the day anyone Mareep's trainer points at will receive +3 votes. Use via PM or thread |Evolves after 5 trainers have been killed. Morbid little sheepy, isn't it. Evolves into Flaafy.
Flaafy|Cotton Spore: For the rest of the day anyone Flaafy's trainer points at will receive +5 votes. Use via PM or thread|Evolves whenever 7 trainers or Introbulus is killed. Evolves into Ampharos.
Ampharos|Light Screen: For the rest of the day anyone Ampharos' trainer points at will receive +7 votes. Usable via PM or thread.|No one could handle the shear might of an evolved Ampharos.
Igglybuff|Charm: For the rest of the day anyone Igglybuff's trainer points at will receive -3 votes. Use via PM or thread.|Evolves after 2 or more trainers post 3 or more Werewolf or Pokemon song parodies. Evolves into Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff| Sing: For the rest of the day anyone Jigglypuff's trainer points at will receive -5 votes. Use via PM or thread.|Evolves after 3 or more trainers post 5 or more WW or pokemon song parodies and after day 4. Evolves into Wigglytuff.
Wigglytuff|Perish Song: For the rest of the day anyone Wigglytuff's trainer points at will receive -7 votes. Use via PM or thread.
?????|????: Up to 4 votes from one trainer may be shifted to another trainer of this trainer's choice.|???
Moltres LEGENDARY|Sunny Day: Used during the day, the target of this Pokemon may not be lynched today (3 Day Cooldown)| Moltres is content to stay where its at.
Mudkip|Liek Mudkipz: (Lover roles for Mudkip's trainer and trainer of Mudkip's choice)|After day 2, post a minute or longer video of Mudkip's trainer's player attempting to survey people to find out if they like Mudkips. Elvolves to Marshtomp.
Marshtomp|They liek Marshtomp: Lover roles for two random trainers|After day 5, post a 3 minute or longer video of Mudkip's trainer's player attempting to survery people in a different manner to find out if they like Mudkips. Evolves to Swampert.
Swampert|I know who lieks Swampert: Lover roles for two trainers of Swampert's choice|The evolved form of Swampert was banned in Japan for it controversial look, and so has not been brought over to the U.S. version of Pokemon.[/table]

Pokemon can be traded and evolve. Yes, the evil team will have their own Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon will be less likely to be given away in random distribution.

ONLY ONE POKEMON MAY BE USED PER TRAINER PER DAY OR NIGHT PHASE. (No one player may use two Pokemon during the same day or night phase.)

Every so often, Atreyu doesn't know when yet, stones will appear. He's not sure how they'll work, but there needs to be some way for Pikachu to evolve. Although, honestly, who'd want to evolve their pikachu.

Yes, this game is incomplete at this point. More is planned, but Atreyu has to fill it in later.

Reinholdt
2010-03-04, 07:28 PM
I choose you! Killer Eevee!
Glee. :biggrin:

Supagoof
2010-03-04, 09:45 PM
Ye Olde West IV has ended. The villagers won.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-04, 10:02 PM
Atreyu: Sounds fun. :smallsmile:

Supagoof: Go Team Villager!!

Irbis
2010-03-06, 05:45 PM
By the way, Trixie is ill, or so I've heard.

Not that she has any need to avoid Auto's now. Jerks. :smallannoyed:

Lex-Kat
2010-03-06, 06:11 PM
:smallfrown: Well wishes to her.

Elder Tsofu
2010-03-07, 02:03 AM
I hope he'll get a quick recovery - he's fun to have around. :smallsmile:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-07, 07:37 PM
When should I post recruitment for Keyboard WW?

Thufir
2010-03-08, 06:49 AM
When should I post recruitment for Keyboard WW?

Erm...

I would like to take my game off the list. I realized that I'm an awful narrator.

I kind of took you at your word and removed it from the schedule...

Reinholdt
2010-03-08, 05:43 PM
Playground Squares: WW edition recruitment posted and waiting for mod approval.

Playground Squares: WW Edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144636) is now recruiting.

Mordokai
2010-03-08, 06:17 PM
Anybody has any idea what's going on with Shadow? I haven't seen him since I got back and I think he was still on when I decided to take a break.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-08, 08:36 PM
I kind of took you at your word and removed it from the schedule...

Ok, but last I saw, it was still on the list. Whatever, though, and thanks!

Thufir
2010-03-08, 08:52 PM
Ok, but last I saw, it was still on the list.

I didn't say I did it quickly...

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-08, 09:05 PM
There is that...

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-08, 10:09 PM
:smallwink:
Anybody has any idea what's going on with Shadow? I haven't seen him since I got back and I think he was still on when I decided to take a break.

He lives. That is all I'm allowed to say. :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2010-03-09, 12:30 AM
:smallwink:

Well, at least we know that much. Thanks for the update. :smallsmile:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-09, 08:19 AM
I'm sure there are others that know more than I.

Then again, I always argued against his existence anyway.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-09, 12:10 PM
Oh, he exists. I swear.

We played Kub with him at Cristo's place last August. And ate hamburgers that he cooked. :smallsmile:

Alarra
2010-03-09, 12:57 PM
Last I heard, he was trying to open his own bar, which, having opened a restaurant before is a rather time consuming feat. I would guess he's been busy with that.

Mordokai
2010-03-09, 01:06 PM
Thanks for information and somebody wish him well in his endevaours in my name, if they converse with him on more regular basis :smallsmile:

Supagoof
2010-03-09, 03:43 PM
I'll have to re-connect with him on facebook, see if I can get a status update to share with all.

The Bookworm
2010-03-09, 10:02 PM
I'm going to Greece until the 22nd with sporadic 'net access at best. Please don't AL me.

rakkoon
2010-03-11, 05:09 AM
Has there ever been a game with only three players at the end?
Who won?

billtodamax
2010-03-11, 05:13 AM
*subtly reminds rakkoon of fate, where there were indeed only three players alive at the end*

rakkoon
2010-03-11, 05:17 AM
Let me rephrase that

* tries not to slap Bill *

* succeeds *

Was there ever a game with 2 Villagers and 1 Wolf at the end? So that that one decision decided if Team Good or Evil won.

* slaps Bill *

billtodamax
2010-03-11, 05:23 AM
I think maybe phantom of the opera 1 or 2 had a result with the baner, the phantom, and a villager left.

I believe the baner baned correctly that night, then they lynched the phantom.

I may, however, be thinking of a different game. Still, it was pretty epic.

EDIT: Yes, it was PotO2.

Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118859&page=15) to last day/night

rakkoon
2010-03-11, 05:40 AM
You, MOD, Hell.
The only ones alive.
And that's that for an accurate player list.
EPIC

Tx Bill

Murska
2010-03-11, 06:04 AM
Grumble grumble grumble... SEU 2... Grumble grumble.

Thufir
2010-03-11, 06:14 AM
I believe Memesville had a villager, a wolf and a neutral left at the end, so the neutral decided who won.

DungeonMaster77
2010-03-11, 09:16 AM
Hey All,

Sorry for the EXTREMELY long absence, but due to how absolutely hectic my life was, I could not get on here to save my life. Needless to say, I'm back, and when next able (meaning when next there is an open game), I'd like to Narrate for a WW Classic game. I miss doing it and I miss hanging out with you folks here.

If somebody would let me know the date of the next startup, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Trixie
2010-03-11, 09:31 AM
I think next free date is October, or something like that. :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2010-03-11, 09:32 AM
Hey All,

Sorry for the EXTREMELY long absence, but due to how absolutely hectic my life was, I could not get on here to save my life. Needless to say, I'm back, and when next able (meaning when next there is an open game), I'd like to Narrate for a WW Classic game. I miss doing it and I miss hanging out with you folks here.

If somebody would let me know the date of the next startup, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Currently WW Classic X is running. Didn't decide on a next so you can grab a date and start part XI in a few months weeks

DungeonMaster77
2010-03-11, 09:49 AM
First, good to hear from you Zar! It has been awhile.

Next, I'd be glad to take XI.

It's kind of wierd to see the flesh golem I've created here...and moreso, that "Classic" is still going strong.

So, is this where I stake my claim on WWCXI or is it elsewhere? Lastly, where does recruiting take place?

Thufir
2010-03-11, 01:01 PM
Yep, this is where you stake your claim. Since it's Classic, you can ignore the schedule and just start it whenever you like (After the current Classic's finished, that is).

If you want to run something other than Classic (or other big-name game which will have no difficulty attracting a hefty player-base), you'd have to take a spot on the schedule, the first available one being in June (Unless someone relinquishes their slot, which has been known to happen).
Oh, games for 20 players or less don't need scheduling either.

Recruiting... you post a recruitment thread. People sign up. Was this different in the days of WW yore?

Shadowcaller
2010-03-11, 01:12 PM
I believe Memesville had a villager, a wolf and a neutral left at the end, so the neutral decided who won.

Thats nothing, in Baldurs Gate, the last day, the remaining players where the following, 1 Werewolf, 1 villager and 1 mason.

...the werewolves won.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-11, 01:17 PM
DungeonMaster: Also, you can make threads in Structured Games now, Alarra(Or Roland/the rest of the mod team) just have to approve of it first.

No need for making it in regular SMBG and asking it to be moved.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-11, 01:45 PM
Hello DungeonMaster77. *Waves*

It looks like the next date open for a game is June 21st, unless someone doesn't mind pushing their own game back.

Or, we can make an exception and allow the originator of Werewolf itp to start his game sooner. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2010-03-11, 02:47 PM
Yep, this is where you stake your claim. Since it's Classic, you can ignore the schedule and just start it whenever you like (After the current Classic's finished, that is).

If you want to run something other than Classic (or other big-name game which will have no difficulty attracting a hefty player-base), you'd have to take a spot on the schedule, the first available one being in June (Unless someone relinquishes their slot, which has been known to happen).
Oh, games for 20 players or less don't need scheduling either.

Recruiting... you post a recruitment thread. People sign up. Was this different in the days of WW yore?

Lex, I think the exception is already made :smallwink:

And I totally forgot: Welcome back DM77! I'm looking forward to play in your classic again.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-11, 06:20 PM
How'd I miss that post? :smallconfused: Oh well.

Also, DM77, when you make the recruitment thread, you should post that it's been made here, so the WW Central Currator can edit the schedule and a friendly Moderator will notice it and maybe approve it more quickly.

And to make it easier, some of us have just started the games in the same thread as the recruitment. This way you don't have to wait for the game thread to be approved, you can just start after sending out the Role PMs.

As to close games, I think Assassins I & II were both close.

Assassins I

2 Royal Guards (Villagers), 1 Assassin (Wolf), and a Concubine (Neutral).

The Assassin (Murska) claimed to be the last Concubine and pointed at the true last Concubine (Fin). And one of the two Royal Guards (Bushranger) pointed at Fin also.

And the second Royal Guard? Banjo1985 was away for the weekend, so didn't vote.

Assassins II

2 Refugee Soldiers (Villagers), 2 Assassins (Wolves), and Lord MechaFox (Baner).

Lord MechaFox (Lord Iames Osari) pointed at one of the Assassins (Zar Peter). Zar Peter pointed at one of the Refugee Soldiers (GAThraawn), as did the other Refugee Soldier (Bushranger, again).

GAThraawn pointed at Zar Peter, of course. Hoping to save himself. So it all came down to the last Assassin (Coplantor). Who pointed at GAThraawn. But even if he hadn't pointed at him, and just stayed silent, GAThraawn was doomed unless Bushranger changed his point to Zar Peter.

The moral of the story, kill Bushranger near the end of an assassins game. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-12, 01:20 AM
I was very proud of the results of Rebellion IV as a close game. It came down to 1 Loyalist and 1 Rebel. Since there was no draw condition, and since I didn't want the win to be decided by whoever got their point in first, it came down to a Write Off. Each team collaborated and submitted their version of the final scene, then non playing SMBG'ers voted on which story was better, thus becoming the winning team.

The beginning of the End Of Game phase starts here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4080162#post4080162).

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-12, 01:25 AM
Sadly, due to a lack of participation and RL troubles on EK's side, a vote has been laid down and only 10/24 players voted. We(the narrators) decided that in the end that was not enough to go on with.

It's most likely that Rome 2.0 will be started sometime in the future, somewhere. But not anytime soon.

UncleWolf
2010-03-12, 01:44 AM
I'm going to be gone for a little over a week due to lack of Net over Spring Break. I'd appreciate it if you didn't Auto me, but I understand if any of you do.

Griever
2010-03-12, 02:08 AM
Thats nothing, in Baldurs Gate, the last day, the remaining players where the following, 1 Werewolf, 1 villager and 1 mason.

...the werewolves won.

Gonna have to speak up for the Mustiado Maneuver employed at the end of Titans 1.

And...

*stuff here*

When is the next Rebellion anywho?

UncleWolf
2010-03-12, 02:18 AM
I know it's not nearly as close as some of the games mentioned, but it deserves an Epic Fail award for Team Good.

The latest Convoy came down to the following:

1 Baner
2 Masons
2 Badguys(The Devil and Calypso I believe)

I was one of the masons, and got lynched because the baner didn't change his point when he had the chance. After I had role claimed and got backing from the other mason.

Or there's always the SEU III incident. To find out how that went for team good, the spoiler in my sig is there for a reason.

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-12, 02:32 AM
When is the next Rebellion anywho?Well, I kind of got tied up with stuff shortly after the last one ended, and then there was the great SMBG shake up, and then more time went by and, err, well, I guess I just figured no one missed it so I let it go.

If there's interest, though, I could be convinced to host another round. :smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-12, 04:43 AM
I'd certainly be interested if I can find the time.

banjo1985
2010-03-12, 05:21 AM
Hi guys, it's been a while since I rudely walked out on you all before Christmas, and I've been back a while without dropping in here...sorry 'bout that. :smallredface:

Anyhow,if y'all will have me, can I put a very very tentative claim on June 28th for World of Darkness II - The Lurker at the Threshold?
((eldritch cookies for the reference!))

I'm not going to be in any position to play or run a game until June, but I thought I'd make a claim in advance.

billtodamax
2010-03-12, 05:26 AM
Hooray, a second World of Darkness, and banjo's back(ish, I'm not sure)!

Fin
2010-03-12, 12:48 PM
Assassins I

2 Royal Guards (Villagers), 1 Assassin (Wolf), and a Concubine (Neutral).

The Assassin (Murska) claimed to be the last Concubine and pointed at the true last Concubine (Fin). And one of the two Royal Guards (Bushranger) pointed at Fin also.

And the second Royal Guard? Banjo1985 was away for the weekend, so didn't vote.

Grumble, grumble...

I was very proud of the results of Rebellion IV as a close game. It came down to 1 Loyalist and 1 Rebel. Since there was no draw condition, and since I didn't want the win to be decided by whoever got their point in first, it came down to a Write Off. Each team collaborated and submitted their version of the final scene, then non playing SMBG'ers voted on which story was better, thus becoming the winning team.

The beginning of the End Of Game phase starts here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4080162#post4080162).

That one was a great game, me and FC had a seriously big debate about whether or not I should get lynched. I was a good guy, all the villagers knew it to. Sadly FC had promised the first to vote against him death, I was the baner and they wouldn't be able to rely on me cause the damnable rebels had a huge voting sway. He also promised the villagers that voted with him recruitment and riches!

Also welcome back Banjooooooooo! Did you really want to change your name to Mornington Moo?

Murska
2010-03-12, 01:09 PM
Banjooooo... Where's that new Fatbelly?

EDIT: Oh, and Assassins 1...
Don't read, I couldn't resist.
I remember that one. Villagers had a lot of luck early on with taking out an assassin on day two after we had targeted and woken him up the night before and getting another one by autolynch the next day. I was one of the original assassins and when my last teammate died it was me, as a normal wolf, against two concubines, four villagers, a mason, the baner and the seer.

I managed to get the baner lynched with an unanimous vote. That's one of my crowning achievements thus far. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2010-03-12, 01:17 PM
Murska is probably a wolf.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-12, 01:32 PM
Murska, looks suspicious.

Yspoch
2010-03-12, 02:34 PM
I know it's not nearly as close as some of the games mentioned, but it deserves an Epic Fail award for Team Good.

The latest Convoy came down to the following:

1 Baner
2 Masons
2 Badguys(The Devil and Calypso I believe)

I was one of the masons, and got lynched because the baner didn't change his point when he had the chance. After I had role claimed and got backing from the other mason.

It was the Devil and Mr. Grimm and to be fair, we more or less claimed to be masons too, didn't we? :smallbiggrin:

And the first spytrap was rather close too: 3 paratroopers and 1 german.

Good times, good times. :smallsmile:

Edit: And welcome back Banjo!

Cristo Meyers
2010-03-12, 02:43 PM

...the werewolves won.

*grumblegrumble* :smallannoyed:

That one still burns me...

Thufir
2010-03-12, 07:52 PM
Just a little thought for something which could possibly be a helpful addition to the OPs: A quick explanation of how to BCC PMs to people. Since it does tend to reduce the number of PMs one has to send about the same thing.

Anyone care to volunteer such an explanation? (I don't actually know how it works myself)

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-13, 12:02 AM
Just a little thought for something which could possibly be a helpful addition to the OPs: A quick explanation of how to BCC PMs to people. Since it does tend to reduce the number of PMs one has to send about the same thing.

Anyone care to volunteer such an explanation? (I don't actually know how it works myself)When you go to send a message, underneath the box where you type in the recipients is a link that says BCC. Click it and add your five people there. Like you said, it cuts down greatly on sending out the Villager PM's because you can send to groups of 5 anonymously instead of each individually.

Uncle Festy
2010-03-13, 06:56 PM
When you go to send a message, underneath the box where you type in the recipients is a link that says BCC. Click it and add your five people there. Like you said, it cuts down greatly on sending out the Villager PM's because you can send to groups of 5 anonymously instead of each individually.

… useful thing to know. Wish I had heard about that last week. :smallwink:

Uncle Festy
2010-03-14, 08:59 PM
*meanders in*
So, this is just great. Two of my players – JROG5 and oblivion484 – apparently joined the forums, posted that they wanted to be part of MTG:WW, and haven't been seen since.
Any shot of getting some Autolynch replacements?

Griever
2010-03-14, 10:55 PM
*meanders in*
So, this is just great. Two of my players – JROG5 and oblivion484 – apparently joined the forums, posted that they wanted to be part of MTG:WW, and haven't been seen since.

I'll be one.

Mordokai
2010-03-15, 01:30 AM
I thought I was drunk last night, but obviously it still didn't past. And I'm not just seeing double... I've seen like 20 Magtok's so far!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-15, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I had something last night, but really not enough to make 20 magtoks appear...

And they're still here in the morning, what's going on?

Must be some in-joke/plot from FFRP or someting. *suspicious* >.>

Reinholdt
2010-03-15, 01:55 AM
It's a virus codenamed Agent Smith Agent Magtok.

Feel free to get infected participate.

Zar Peter
2010-03-15, 10:21 AM
*meanders in*

If you still need I would be one. Just don't expect much, I don't know nothing about this Magic the Gathering thing.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-15, 03:24 PM
If you still need I would be one. Just don't expect much, I don't know nothing about this Magic the Gathering thing.

and a third if needed badly as well.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-15, 06:06 PM
I would like to free the May 17 slot.

I was gonna use it, but I changed my mind about the type of game I'm running. It won't be a WW and will probably not include more than 20 people. Therefore, May 17 is up for grabs.

Mordokai
2010-03-15, 06:14 PM
If nobody wants it (and yes, I know that's awfully fast of me) then I'll take it for as of yet unpecified game. I need to keep myself busy and this is probably the best way to do it. Think whatever you will of that :smalltongue:

If anybody has a game already in mind and think the said date suits them I'll let anybody who puts in a claim after me override my claim.

happyturtle
2010-03-15, 06:18 PM
Coming soon...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/a/a8/200px-Llama,_peru,_machu_picchu.jpg/120px-200px-Llama,_peru,_machu_picchu.jpg http://www.equine-therapy-programs.com/images/llama.jpg http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/duck.png

Deathslayer7
2010-03-15, 06:26 PM
Coming soon...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/a/a8/200px-Llama,_peru,_machu_picchu.jpg/120px-200px-Llama,_peru,_machu_picchu.jpg http://www.equine-therapy-programs.com/images/llama.jpg http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/duck.png

ALL I CAN SAY IS ...... :biggrin:

Shadow
2010-03-15, 07:34 PM
Anybody has any idea what's going on with Shadow? I haven't seen him since I got back and I think he was still on when I decided to take a break.:smallwink:

Yes, I live. :biggrin:
I've just been super-ultra-busy lately, not to mention the fact that I just got burned out on the forums for a while there.

I'll try to stop in a bit more frequently. :smallwink:
Oh, and HI!

Uncle Festy
2010-03-15, 09:07 PM
I'll be one.

and a third if needed badly as well.

Awesome, awesome, and awesome.
You'll be getting your Role PMs by the end of the day phase. :smallcool:

I've just been super-ultra-busy lately, not to mention the fact that I just got burned out on the forums for a while there.

Oh, and HI!

O.O
SHADOW! :smallbiggrin:
*tackles*

Lex-Kat
2010-03-15, 09:29 PM
Coming soon...

:confused: What is it? Alpaca, Alpaca, Goose?

Oh, and Hi Shadow. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2010-03-15, 09:33 PM
It's Buildings, Buildings, Grass.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-16, 01:31 AM
Posted from MtG:WW

I strongly suggest we add this to the motivational posters that already exist.

If someone has a wittier line, I'm willing to listen.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/death_slayer7/Fleeingcoward.jpg

Fin
2010-03-16, 02:21 AM
OK! I am officially jealous. Who do I have to kill to get my Monkeytar Magtok'd, I wanna have a Monkey-tok-atar!

billtodamax
2010-03-16, 02:36 AM
Coming soon...

:biggrin:

*runs around in circles, wooping*

rakkoon
2010-03-16, 08:20 AM
Okay, killed in two games in the same hour
*starts looking for new games*
Anybody that can beat that? (I know you can)

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-16, 08:58 AM
Okay, killed in two games in the same hour
*starts looking for new games*
Anybody that can beat that? (I know you can)

I can't remember, but somebody was killed in three games in the same day. Or was it day phase.

2 games in same hour is pretty amazing.

Did you see them at the same time, or did the updates both **POST** within an hour?

Oh, and HI!

The Shadow-bot has returned. My no contact order must have expired again. Oh, yes - it's not football season.

rakkoon
2010-03-16, 09:00 AM
Posted. I was in a meeting for one hour, come back and bamm.
Funny thing was that I was innocent in one and guilty in the other so it evens out.

happyturtle
2010-03-17, 12:19 PM
The recruitment thread for Llama Llama Duck has been posted. Join one join all!

Zombieninja
2010-03-17, 03:00 PM
Where is it?

happyturtle
2010-03-17, 03:06 PM
It's in the moderation queue. It should turn up in the next day or two. :smallsmile:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-19, 10:59 AM
Now announcing Mafia XI - City of Death... Bootleggers vs. The Prince of Death

The year is 1931 - Probibition is still in effect. The City on the river is secretly ruled by the Prince and his minions. The hold on the city is complete... until a new group of Bootleggers (Gangsters) (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86qes_mad-max-tribute-motorhead-ace-of-sp_shortfilms) from the Two Cities Across from each other on the Really Big River invade the City to take paying customers.

The undead Prince and his minions seem to have forgotten that it's not blood that makes the City run smoothly... nor even graft... it's the sweet taste of beer. ("I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson (http://www.tobp.com/other/beer_quotes.shtml))

When do you want the game to start? When do you want to begin recruiting?

Mordokai
2010-03-19, 11:03 AM
The sooner, the better :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-19, 11:23 AM
I'm thinking that Classic needs to be towards the end game (perhaps 20 players left or less) and that LLD needs to be a few days into the game before we get to Mafia.

Not to mention any other larger (40+) games that are going.

Fawkes
2010-03-19, 02:30 PM
By the way, Zombies! has ended with five villagers surviving.

billtodamax
2010-03-19, 03:09 PM
Andre! Was I co-narrating for that?

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-19, 04:25 PM
If you like, then yes! I can't remember and am too lazy to look through the posts to see. If you're volunteering - you're hired!

billtodamax
2010-03-19, 05:03 PM
Huzzah!

*puts on co-narrating pants*

The Bushranger
2010-03-19, 06:26 PM
Mafia! Yes! :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2010-03-19, 07:00 PM
Hey hey. I am considering taking up Llama's offer of certain game mechanics for a pokeymans game. There will definitely be changes, and it will most likely be a small game (20 people-ish with luck).

Would there be any objection to me running this out of schedule/at all?

Mordokai
2010-03-19, 07:12 PM
None from me.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-19, 09:15 PM
Mafia! Yes! :smallbiggrin:

are you thinking what i'm thinking. :smallamused:

and games of less then 20 people dont need to be scheduled.

but i kind of feel overshadowed with LLD recruiting before hand and Mafia recruiting after. <.<

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-19, 09:22 PM
I don't want to impose on the schedule - because I'm sure you all suspect, and you're right - I don't look at it. :smallredface:

We'll fit it in. Remember that DM wan't to run another Classic when this one finishes too.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-19, 09:36 PM
Don't forget, you have Monster Mash III scheduled for April 19th.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-19, 09:48 PM
:smallsmile:

Ok, that's a little brutal one. Assuming that one of the groups isn't lynched on Day 1 again, it'll go fast.

It may play out before Mafia anyway.

The Bushranger
2010-03-19, 09:56 PM
are you thinking what i'm thinking. :smallamused:

"Yes, Minister." :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2010-03-19, 10:20 PM
I don't want to impose on the schedule - because I'm sure you all suspect, and you're right - I don't look at it. :smallredface:

We'll fit it in. Remember that DM wan't to run another Classic when this one finishes too.

i dont mind. I just dont want everyone joing LLD and mafia then there's nothing for Abhorsen. Although I dont expect more then 25 players to be honest. All my games have been 26-28. :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-03-20, 12:47 PM
Reverse WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8116962#post8116962) has ended with a Victory for the Villager!

Congratulations to Thufir for a game well played, I don't think anyone voted for him other than a random vote on day 1. :smalleek:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-03-20, 01:49 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/why-you-need-to-be-excited-about-spyparty-167171.phtml
In a few years, when this comes out, I challenge everyone for a few rounds. It will be glorious!:smallbiggrin:

Zombieninja
2010-03-20, 02:08 PM
I want SO MUCH to play that game

Murska
2010-03-20, 02:09 PM
Heheheh. That will be awesomely awesome.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-03-20, 02:49 PM
Oh, yeah, Thufir, my game on 4/12 will be Bounty Hunters 2: Trial by Gunfire

billtodamax
2010-03-21, 03:41 AM
My internet died. I'm posting this from dads iPhone. Please don't auto me.

Thufir
2010-03-21, 11:12 AM
Reverse WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8116962#post8116962) has ended with a Victory for the Villager!

Congratulations to Thufir for a game well played, I don't think anyone voted for him other than a random vote on day 1. :smalleek:

A couple of points day 4 or 5. *Checks* It was day 5.

Wizibirb
2010-03-21, 01:31 PM
Abhorsens WW submitted for Mod approval.

Abhorsen WW is now recruiting! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146097)

JOIN NOW!!!!

UncleWolf
2010-03-21, 03:28 PM
I'm back from my spring break. *waves*

:smallsmile:

Jontom Xire
2010-03-22, 07:53 AM
Hi, all.

After YOW I had an idea for a useful new rule to be added to games. It helps prevent what everyone in that game complained about: Masons outing themselves and then leading everyone by the nose. It replaces the rule often seen in games where players are outright banned from revealing their role to others on pain of narrator sourced insta-death. A rule that I dislike as being both unenforcable (PMs ruin it as do dropping hints) and too rigid. So here I give you...Jontom's Called Kill:

During the night, INSTEAD of the usual night kill, a called kill can be used. This only works on power roles. The person sending in the night kill must state:

1) That they are using a called kill.
2) Who the target is.
3) What their role in the game is.

If they get the role correct then the kill cannot be baned or blocked by any means. If they get it wrong then the kill fails.

The impact is that if any player outs themselves, with the help of a fellow mason, as a mason in order to form a network, even if the baner follows through by baning that player, team evil can still kill them and thus prevent a network forming. It also prevents other roles doing similar things.

Advantages:

This rule dissuades players from openly declaring their roles.
Players may still bluff etc. by declaring themselves as having a role they don't have to fool the wolves.
Players with roles may still use a proxy.

Disadvantages:

Players cannot form networks by openly declaring their roles. Ok, so this is the reason for the rule, but in some games this was at times an essential tactic.
If team evil fail to kill the baner who is protecting themselves, they can guarantee to kill them the next night.

Narrators use this rule with caution. I still miss some of the old-school WW games where players outed themselves to win the game, but with the risk of making another player vulnerable as the baner was protecting only them. However YOW was a bit of a joke, with an impenetrable mason bank and me leading the voting so directing almost every lynch.

-----

After Reverse WW and a discussion about team good night kills I had an idea.

Jontom's Hot Potato.

There is a hot potato. On night one it gets given by the narrator to a random player. The player will die the next night. In that night phase they MUST specify who they give it to next. It can go to members of team evil as well as members of team good.

The rule needs a bit of work. I.e. what happens if the player with the potato doesn't specify who it gets given to next or is simply away? You could also add a random chance that the player with the hot potato doesn't die if they pass the potato on before the end of the night phase.

One thing I like about the rule is that team good will be trying to give it to team evil which, in effect, gives them an extra night kill. I think it woudl work really well with a game like Llama Llama Duck.

rakkoon
2010-03-22, 08:07 AM
I prefer Rakkoons Deadly Catch.

When FC claims Mason and he is, his role is switched with a random player.
When FC claims Mason and he is not, lightning will strike him three times.

But your ideas aren't that bad either :smallsmile:
The hot potato is a bit of a problem with time zones and stuff.
But I like the called kill

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-22, 08:50 AM
Or - if someone claims a team role - that entire team is reshuffled.

Or - all players are reshuffled, and the claimer is kicked out of the game.

But in reality, in live Werewolf games - most of the fun is the arguing, the role claiming (in live games I've never seen a Mason).

I guarantee someone has done this before - How about a game where there are no masons, but the scryer and baner (and wolf teams) start knowing each other?

(That's a thought for Mafia XI...)

happyturtle
2010-03-22, 09:03 AM
The next time I design a ww game, I'm just going to leave out masons entirely. Maybe add a couple more power roles to the village side, but they have to work harder to network.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-22, 09:17 AM
I must say that while your idea is good jontom, it has some flaws. I'll explain more when i dont have work.

Trixie
2010-03-22, 09:31 AM
The next time I design a ww game, I'm just going to leave out masons entirely. Maybe add a couple more power roles to the village side, but they have to work harder to network.

Pfffft, never had a problem with masons in any of my games :smalltongue:

Ok, maybe slight one the last game. No one role lists, it seems. :P

Mordokai
2010-03-22, 09:35 AM
I guarantee someone has done this before - How about a game where there are no masons, but the scryer and baner (and wolf teams) start knowing each other?

(That's a thought for Mafia XI...)

That was how Titans worked, if memory serves. Well, at least as far as seer and baner goes. Then again, Titans' mechanics are quite a bit different from Mafia's. Still, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Might make a game a little bit more interesting and definetly different.

Jontom Xire
2010-03-22, 10:12 AM
Everyone seems to be saying that they would either not have masons (same problem exists with baner) or that they have never seen a problem here. You should have heard the bitching and whining after YOW was over:

You know, I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I wouldn't use the tactics that were used by the masons...

But...

Seriously? Why play these games if the masons continue to out themselves again and again?

I'm the first to realize that I complain because I was a wolf (a rare role), and it didn't effect our kill choices or scrys too much.

What broke the game in this instance was turning Tatooine into a socialist paradise.

"Villagers do not bid on that body. Villagers do not buy anything, the collective needs it. Villagers give us your money, trust the collective that we have a safe bank and a plan. Villagers trust us. Villagers we are going to start lynching the lawyers. Villagers, do not trust X, today he is to be lynched."

Hmmm... Who was it just said "But in reality, in live Werewolf games - most of the fun is the arguing, the role claiming (in live games I've never seen a Mason)." So how come that doesn't apply to WW games here.

Also I have lost count of the games that state something like:

Role Claiming: If you want to die, feel free.

Something that I personally loathe, although here as in other games it was subsequently suggested that this wouldn't be a narrator kill and was more of advice not to attract wolf attention than an actual rule.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-03-22, 11:01 AM
Hi, all.

After YOW I had an idea for a useful new rule to be added to games. It helps prevent what everyone in that game complained about: Masons outing themselves and then leading everyone by the nose. It replaces the rule often seen in games where players are outright banned from revealing their role to others on pain of narrator sourced insta-death. A rule that I dislike as being both unenforcable (PMs ruin it as do dropping hints) and too rigid. So here I give you...Jontom's Called Kill:

During the night, INSTEAD of the usual night kill, a called kill can be used. This only works on power roles. The person sending in the night kill must state:

1) That they are using a called kill.
2) Who the target is.
3) What their role in the game is.

If they get the role correct then the kill cannot be baned or blocked by any means. If they get it wrong then the kill fails.

The impact is that if any player outs themselves, with the help of a fellow mason, as a mason in order to form a network, even if the baner follows through by baning that player, team evil can still kill them and thus prevent a network forming. It also prevents other roles doing similar things.

Advantages:

This rule dissuades players from openly declaring their roles.
Players may still bluff etc. by declaring themselves as having a role they don't have to fool the wolves.
Players with roles may still use a proxy.

Disadvantages:

Players cannot form networks by openly declaring their roles. Ok, so this is the reason for the rule, but in some games this was at times an essential tactic.
If team evil fail to kill the baner who is protecting themselves, they can guarantee to kill them the next night.

Narrators use this rule with caution. I still miss some of the old-school WW games where players outed themselves to win the game, but with the risk of making another player vulnerable as the baner was protecting only them. However YOW was a bit of a joke, with an impenetrable mason bank and me leading the voting so directing almost every lynch.

So you effectively are giving the wolves an unkillable, but conditional voider?

Jontom Xire
2010-03-22, 11:11 AM
Not quite.

A voider could void anyone not just the baner.
A voider would need to know who the baner was to bane the baner.
If it was a voider, the voider could void someone independantly of the night kill and the night kill woul still succeed if the target was unprotected.

I see what you're getting at however. I'm not sure (I'd need to check) if I originally posted when I first had the idea, or if it was just knocking around in my head, that the target would need to have claimed the role for the called kill to work. Whichever, it's an idea.

Also it would be quite easy to make it of limited use. I.e. the wolf team get one per power role in the game, and also lose one every time a power role dies from any other means. I.e. if they just use them randomly they lose them and could run out allowing the good guys to form a network safely.

It will need a bit of play-testing.

How about, the bad guys only get one, but if they use it and miss they lose it. If it is successful then they get another one.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-22, 11:40 AM

Did you see the part where I said I wasn't going to be a hypocrite and say "I would'nt use those tactics..." Because I can't say that I wouldn't. It worked. You won. The game became tedious and difficult for the bad guys. Poor us. We had a night kill - you didn't. I have no reason to complain.

Also, from speaking with Goof - Reinholdt came within a night action of winning the game (the night when the ENTIRE mason bank was unprotected)- so that's still pretty balanced. Even with all the tricks, my nemesis may *still* have won. ***shakes fist***

Reinholdt
2010-03-22, 12:00 PM
Did you see the part where I said I wasn't going to be a hypocrite and say "I would'nt use those tactics..." Because I can't say that I wouldn't. It worked. You won. The game became tedious and difficult for the bad guys. Poor us. We had a night kill - you didn't. I have no reason to complain.

Also, from speaking with Goof - Reinholdt came within a night action of winning the game (the night when the ENTIRE mason bank was unprotected)- so that's still pretty balanced. Even with all the tricks, my nemesis may *still* have won. ***shakes fist***
I try my best. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Masons claiming is not really unbalanced unless there are special rules like items involved. Mostly it just makes the game really boring, for the good guys no less.

Anyways, Playground Squares WW Edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144636) has started halfway down on page 2.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-22, 03:24 PM
The problem with your "fix" JX is the fact what happens when two Masons come out and claim at the same time. One supporting the other.

Then you have a double bind. If you kill one or the other, then you confirm the other one and boom! Network is formed for the cost of two Masons. Possibly one.

If the wolves leave the Masons alone, then you still semi-verify that they are Masons, as you don't want to risk killing them and have people actually form the Network.

So either way it seems to me that the Masons are the problem here, seeing as how they can network.

Trixie
2010-03-22, 04:25 PM
Everyone seems to be saying that they would either not have masons (same problem exists with baner) or that they have never seen a problem here.

Oh, I tweaked them a bit, to counter just this situation :smallamused:

Something that I personally loathe, although here as in other games it was subsequently suggested that this wouldn't be a narrator kill and was more of advice not to attract wolf attention than an actual rule.

I agree, it's very crude and fun-taking Damocles-sword that doesn't work at all when abused by someone clever.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-22, 07:28 PM
How about this suggestion:

A third team. Their sole goal: kill the masons. Every night, they can target a mason who has outed himself for assassination.

The Baner can protect the mason, but only from one attack. So if both the wolves and the assassins target the same player, and he is baned, he dies.

Fawkes
2010-03-22, 07:40 PM
That's really just adding more wolves.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-22, 08:53 PM
Kinda. But what can I say, I really hate role-claiming. :smallmad:

Darkcomet
2010-03-22, 09:14 PM
Eh.

I find roleclaim = instadeath rules and other such nonsense irritating. Mostly in that it forces power roles to be utterly defenseless in the event a lynch even randomly turns towards them.

While claiming and subsequent networking is problematic, I do not believe adding something that is effectively an instadeath is the way to deal with it.

Supagoof
2010-03-22, 09:49 PM
Meh. Simple solution.

Remove masons.

No masons = no problem. :smallbiggrin:

Sure, masons are nice to add roles without too much power to the game. And if a mason steps forward to add power to his team, then they are fully utilizing the full abilities of the mason group. If you don't want that to happen, remove the masons.

If you think that give the wolves to much an advantage for being banded together when the lynch comes up, then make them blind. Either that, or let them get caught in their own lynch trap.

I like the idea JX, I really do. But it would only work in certain games, where the mason leading the team to victory has been a large impact on many of the games.

Another thought is to give the wolves a power role assassin. Where the assassin can only attack power roles - completely seperate of the night kill (they could end up with 2 kills in the night.) Then add rules about cooldown conditions or verified target conditions. If team good managers to lynch the assassin, then all bets are off and let the role claims go forward.

As for YOW, even with the mason bank, that game was close.

18 days of play. Down to a handful of players. And it could have gone multiple ways.

Like if the bandits robbed from you on the day you missed the updates and didn't transfer your money.

If the outlaws started killing you sooner.

If the banfits started robbing you sooner.

There is a point in every YOW game where the store closes, and the money protection is no longer available. (R2D2). Also, spending away that money each time you are attacked A. give the bandits a chance to find it in the desert and B. gives them the opportunity to jump ahead of you in line and purchase R2D2. Fortunately the standing order didn't come up as two standing orders (if they put a standing order in, then it becomes a 50/50 chance of whose first.). If that had happened, events could of went a bunch of different ways.

But I digress, the thought is great, but would only work for specific games.

happyturtle
2010-03-22, 09:55 PM
When I was Al Capone in Mafia, Wolfbane roleclaimed as mason early, and I ordered a kill on him that night. Most of my team disagreed with that, some rather vehemently, assuming he would be baned.

I have to wonder, why are wolves so gun-shy about trying to kill potentially baned targets? :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2010-03-22, 09:59 PM
Because, if he's baned, he's verified.

happyturtle
2010-03-22, 10:08 PM
And if he's not killed, and no one challenges him, he's verified too.

Shadow
2010-03-22, 10:38 PM
I remember the good old days when people kept their mouths shut and the lies flowing. When the masons were a secretive order bent on the quiet elimination of the wolves rather than the public announcement of this goal.

Part of the reason I got bored was the fact that no matter the rules, nor the game, nor the players, nor the roles involved, every single game was exactly like the last, and played out in exactly the same way.
Unfortunately I can't complain too much about this because it's partially my fault for helping to buck the trends of playstyle with strategies that worked fairly consistently.
So rules and/or roles were created to countermand this, so we adjusted our playstyles to circumvent these new rules, which meant that even more rules and/or roles were needed to balance the *new* playstyles, etc, etc, ad nausea.

The game has become a shadow of it's former glory in my eyes.

Consider: You're attempting to create more rules to counter the playstyle that the players have evolved to.... which only reinforces my entire point.

We need to get back to basics. We need to keep our mouths shut. We need to suspect *everyone* and give away NOTHING. If we can get back to basics, we can get back to fun.
Heck, if that happens I might even return.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-22, 10:40 PM
ironically that's why i never send out pms or the like. Sure once in a while I'll hint, but I never give a lot away.

The only time i do is when i take chances and trust others. As of yet, it has not bit me in the butt.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-22, 10:52 PM
I think you should have played Assassins, Shadow. I asked that no one call out their role, and as far as I can remember, no one did. Or did so only when in fear of a lynch.

And most of the players seemed to enjoy those. :smallsmile:

Jontom Xire
2010-03-23, 03:34 AM
The problem with your "fix" JX is the fact what happens when two Masons come out and claim at the same time. One supporting the other.

Then you have a double bind. If you kill one or the other, then you confirm the other one and boom! Network is formed for the cost of two Masons. Possibly one.

If the wolves leave the Masons alone, then you still semi-verify that they are Masons, as you don't want to risk killing them and have people actually form the Network.

So either way it seems to me that the Masons are the problem here, seeing as how they can network.

That always happens anyway. It's how the masons can prove that they are who they say they are. They will form a network with or without this new rule. But with this new rule, two night kills that are unstoppable and bang, kiss bye bye to your two masons. And if more come forward...

Masons have two main advantages in the game. One is the ability to confirm each other's identities and so win everyone's trust as per YOW. The other is process of elimination. They know each other are safe. In the end game that becomes critical. If you have 5 players and 3 are masons... Good guys have won already. So it is essential for the wolves to kill the masons before the end game.

The current problem is that if two masons come forward and support each other's claims and the baner protects one, then even when the wolves kill one, the villagers now have a figurehead to band behind for the rest of the game. And if he's competent or well led, that is game changing and the wolves can do nothing about it until they have found and killed the baner.

Anyway, it was an idea I wanted to offer you all. As some of you have said it won't work for every game, but I never actually stated that myself before because I figured it was obvious.

DungeonMaster77
2010-03-23, 04:04 AM
I remember the good old days when people kept their mouths shut and the lies flowing. When the masons were a secretive order bent on the quiet elimination of the wolves rather than the public announcement of this goal.

Part of the reason I got bored was the fact that no matter the rules, nor the game, nor the players, nor the roles involved, every single game was exactly like the last, and played out in exactly the same way.
Unfortunately I can't complain too much about this because it's partially my fault for helping to buck the trends of playstyle with strategies that worked fairly consistently.
So rules and/or roles were created to countermand this, so we adjusted our playstyles to circumvent these new rules, which meant that even more rules and/or roles were needed to balance the *new* playstyles, etc, etc, ad nausea.

The game has become a shadow of it's former glory in my eyes.

Consider: You're attempting to create more rules to counter the playstyle that the players have evolved to.... which only reinforces my entire point.

We need to get back to basics. We need to keep our mouths shut. We need to suspect *everyone* and give away NOTHING. If we can get back to basics, we can get back to fun.

Shadow, you just took the words out of my mouth.

This is my endeavor with all future WWC games...

Deathslayer7
2010-03-23, 09:04 AM
ok but either way the network is still formed with the loss of the two masons. So in either situation it's a lose/lose situation for the wolves. Thus the problem is with the masons.

Murska
2010-03-23, 09:13 AM
Yeah, but usually people don't want to sacrifice two masons to hopefully form a network in case the other roles are active and not paranoid. It's one of the reasons why wolves don't really do sacrifice plays very often. Every wolf/mason is not just a role, it's a player, and it's not really fun to suicide on day one for a somewhat unfun and/or unfair advantage that might or might not lead to a victory for your team(in the game you don't get to play).

*grumblegrumble SEU*

Jontom Xire
2010-03-23, 09:34 AM
Sorry about SEU, Murska. But good play all the same. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

Murska has a point. Plus if you have 4 masons and lose 2, then even if you do connect the baner, seer, fool and last two masons successfully, it's not necessarily that great. Firstly you've lost 50% of your masons, secondly the wolves will guess you're networked and start using voting patterns to find the rest of you (if they're any good).

It's probably better to wait for the seer to scry you.

As for being players not just pawns I will forever be upset with Helgraf when I was a wolf in a game with him and we were trying to pretend one of the wolves was a seer/seer proxy. After throwing the villagers three wolves in a row (suspiciously lucky) and the real seer had a proxy countering our claim and it was blatantly obvious that the whole strategy had failed and Helgraf was about to die, he decided it would be a good idea to feed my name to the villagers too, in an attempt to .. I don't know what to be honest. I feel he was just irritated with me constantly pointing out that the whole strategy was flawed and broken and not going to work and decided to be petty. It was quite definitely a good example of flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, to get back to the point, it is one thing to ask for volunteers to step up and be sacrificed for the common good, another to just do it to people without their agreement. And asking for volunteers when they KNOW for a fact that they will be dead and out of the game means you aren't likely to find many takers. It's one thing to take a risk, another to volunteer for it. In YOW I only did it when I was going to get lynched anyway.

Mordokai
2010-03-23, 10:39 AM
Because, if he's baned, he's verified.

Nah, that doesn't really bother me, personally. What I am loathe to do is waste a possible kill on a person that is possibly unkillable. And every wasted kill is a big loss, for me personally. Even if it would only kill a villager.

Fawkes
2010-03-23, 04:17 PM
See, I think that money and items unbalance games a lot faster than masons.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-03-23, 06:18 PM
It sounds a lot like late 2007 except instead of seer outing himself and letting the baner protect him, we have the masons outing themselves and letting the baner protect them.

You all seem to be forgetting the most important part of the equation, though. You cannot under any circumstance except mind control predict what players are going to do. Even the wolves seem to be forgetting that in the examples. Alarra, Indy, and I learned that lesson the hard way thrice over in Pirates 3.

It was in WW VI I think, were the "wolves" did the most illogical foolish thing they could do and because no one expected it, it crippled the good guys in a way they barely recovered from.

Don't be afraid to take risks.

happyturtle
2010-03-23, 06:25 PM
Darkcomet mind controls me all the damn time... >.>

Darkcomet
2010-03-23, 06:32 PM
>.>

You can blame Hyozo's horrible luck for that one, Happy. It's not my fault I inexplicably got the alpha role in a game that was the sequel to one I had insane antics in, much less my fault that he scried me...

<.<

Zombieninja
2010-03-24, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know what the largest WW game on this forum ever was?
I would like to know.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-03-24, 04:19 PM
Maybe LLD 2? It had around 50+ players.

I'm not sure about Smash Bros, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were also large.

Mafia and WW Classic also get 40+ players.

The games can run looong though, 4-6 weeks minimum.

happyturtle
2010-03-24, 04:20 PM
Memesville the first was over 50, I think.

I've never seen a game get as much as 60. Personally, I prefer the 20-30 range, myself.

Murska
2010-03-24, 04:35 PM
Atreyu has a point. The worst thing that breaks game balance are the players. Let's just play the games without the players, and everything'll work out fine.

Darkcomet
2010-03-24, 04:37 PM
I find the fact that you of all people say that amusing, Murska.

I believe it to be deliberate, much like your attempts at breaking games. :smalltongue:

Shadow
2010-03-24, 05:58 PM
In USSR, games break you.

Uncle Festy
2010-03-24, 07:59 PM
Apparently the original LLD had 65. :smalleek:

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-24, 11:40 PM
Camp Sleeps-S'more, I believe, tipped 60 also. 62 maybe? Hippie?

Lex-Kat
2010-03-24, 11:53 PM
Llama Llama Duck had 65.

Camp Sleep S'more only had 56, unless there were some hidden players not included in the OP.

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-24, 11:55 PM
Ah, okay. I just remember that on the day it started, it was the largest game to date.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-25, 09:23 AM
Memesville the first was over 50, I think.

I've never seen a game get as much as 60. Personally, I prefer the 20-30 range, myself.

53. Memesville II had 50.

It becomes too easy to control the town when the population is low. I like my games simple and big. :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2010-03-25, 11:33 AM
See, I think that money and items unbalance games a lot faster than masons.

QFT, I found that out running the headache that was Advent Children III. :smalleek:

I think that if I ever run anything again it will be very simple, probably a bodged up version of the World of Darkness game I ran. The "if" in that sentence is an incredibly big one however.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-25, 12:39 PM
come on people. Only 15 for Abhorsen WW? :smallfrown:

Trixie
2010-03-25, 03:03 PM
Pffft, like fun but not-exactly-know-setting WW games ever had a large audience.

And no, I'm not bitter over Fate or anything.

Anyway, my parents pushed me to buy a new freezer for them this morning. Went fine, except for UPS pricks who left that under the door and ran. Which meant I had to help three elderly people lift it one floor worth of stairs then take apart three set of doors and push it to the kitchen. 100 Kg, I did most of the work, and I feel every one of them. I'm officially dead until Sunday, as I'll be moving the old freezer to my grandpa, too, to replace his soviet made one. Sigh.

And before you ask, there are virtually no lifting companies around here, not that I know of.

The point is, please don't auto me till, like, Sunday :smallsigh:

Can someone notify GMs who don't look here?

Supagoof
2010-03-25, 04:06 PM
Llama Llama Duck had 65.
*sniff* Record holder and still the champion. I'm soo proud.

Titans 3 had 62 players.

Yeah, I don't really do small games. :smallredface:

LLD3 is currently at 51 and still recruiting. Come on people, let's break the record!

Deathslayer7
2010-03-25, 07:39 PM
Abhorsen WW needs more players. You dont need to know the lore to join. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2010-03-25, 08:52 PM
Please join DS7's game. He's a good narrator. You won't regret it. I swear on his honor. :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2010-03-25, 09:29 PM
What honor? :smallconfused:

oh... that one. :smallamused:

rakkoon
2010-03-26, 04:27 AM
The rules about the bells scare me but what the Hades, just for his narrations I'll join /suckup

Mordokai
2010-03-26, 04:39 AM
*pets rakkoon*

That's a good little suckup, we'll get you somewhere yet! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2010-03-26, 07:18 AM
Actually I would sign up but I'm gone for a week from now on so I would miss the first days...

RedScholarGypsy
2010-03-26, 03:55 PM
Hey all, I'm not going to be on for the next few weeks, as I've just been fired from my long standing freelance gig(4 years) for basically blowing off steam. New Jersey is a right to work state, meaning I can be fired with no cause(ironic name, no?) So please find replacements for all my roles(they are few, I think) and please swap Bounty Hunters 2 for sometime in late May, if anyone around that time is willing to take the slot, if not later is cool. I'll be back later.

Uncle Festy
2010-03-26, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. :smallfrown:

Anyone want to take over for RSG in MTG:WW? :smalltongue:
Um, no wait never mind he's dead. :smallredface:

billtodamax
2010-03-26, 04:53 PM
Uh, Festy?

*pokes to night one*

He kinda died.

EDIT: Teenage mutant ninja edits! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17B8qoml-M)

Reinholdt
2010-03-27, 01:16 AM
There may be some auto-lynching going on in Playground Squares: WW Edition, so anyone who wants to get in at the last second should sign up for AL replacement while you have a chance!

Deathslayer7
2010-03-27, 10:33 AM
people got till Sunday afternoon to join Abhorsen's WW. You know you want too.

If you're confused about the bells, dont be. I can explain it more.

DungeonMaster77
2010-03-28, 02:26 PM
Hey All!

Okay, I'd like to schedule WWC XI for a start date around 20 April, assuming WWC X finishes soon. Making that assumption, I'd like to start recruiting for it around the 15th or so. If WWC X is not done by then, I can flex. Where/how do I go about posting a recruiting thread?

happyturtle
2010-03-28, 02:32 PM
Post directly in structured with the recruiting thread, where it will go into a moderation queue. Then post in this thread that it's awaiting moderation, because that's the quickest way for Alarra to notice it and go approve it.

Alarra
2010-03-28, 03:08 PM
And WWC X should definitely be done soon, it's practically over now.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-28, 03:37 PM
Updated for you, Thufir. :smallsmile:

--Games Archives--

--Single Run Games--
Assassin in the Palace (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81847)
Baldur's Gate: Deeper Shadows of Amn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80483)
Basic 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77461)
Beast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82286)
Black Iron Prison (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93061)
Bounty Hunters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126546)
Cat Fight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97547)
DBZ (It's Namek Time) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112632)
The Demons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117751)
D & D Thieves Guild (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43845)
Final Fantasy 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112975)
Fun House! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96922)
Girl Genius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925)
Hair of the Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115677)
Higurashi: When the Cicadas Cry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4408364#post4408364)
Hunting of the Snark: Expedition to Snark Island (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135756)
Infection! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66201)
Infiltration (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51774)
Jack the Ripper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107868)
Judge Dredd, Dark goings on in Rich Burlew block (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98854)
Kingdom Hearts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7671330#post7671330)
Lord of the Rings: The Journey Begins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100951)
Magic the Gathering: Planeshock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126824)
Megaman X: Command Mission (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74942)
Memories Erased (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60444)
Mirrodin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95207&page=2)
Monster Mash II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129940)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88363)
Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65256)
The One Artifact (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99881)
OOTS Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120837)
Playground Squares WW: Trial Version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118422)
Ravnica: City of Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5282506#post5282506)
Rome (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127804)
Reverse Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142216)
Schoolyard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106980)
Sharn, the Broken City (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114862)
Shirts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79634)
Sir Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84538)
StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79471)
Stargate: Lost in Space (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81439)
Star Wars itp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127870)
Super Paper Werewolf! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110284)
Thursday Next: The Eyre Affair (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120678)
Warcraft: Reign of Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131866)
World of Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108237)

--Werewolf--
The Original: Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7574&highlight=werewolf), Werwolf II, Part 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7505&highlight=werewolf), Werewolf II, Part 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7472&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf III: A New Beginning (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26591&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28523&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31405&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf VI: The Paladins Strike Back (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36097&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf VII: Urban Lycanthropy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43447)
Werewolf VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52898)
Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havok (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56988)
Werewolf X-In The Midst Of A Battle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4306192#post4306192)

--Werewolf Classic--
Werewolf Classic I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28971&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolves Classic II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31010&highlight=classic), Werewolves II, take 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33078)
Werewolf Classic III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38285&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf Classic IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42787&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf Classic V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59055&)
Werewolf Classic VI: Rated PG-13 to R for violent descriptions of character Deaths (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69480)
Werewof Classic VII: The Village (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89481)
Werewolf Classic VIII - Archaeological Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97822)
Werewolf Classic IX (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115889)

--Werewolf Lite--
Werewolf Lite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105092)
Simply Werewolf 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107850)
Simply Werewolf 3 - The things that shouldn't have been. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128060)

--Advent Children--
Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62581)
Advent Children II – The Battle for Balamb Garden (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75626)
Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4923990#post4923990)

--Alchemists--
Alchemists (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61524)
Alchemists II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69954)
Alchemists III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113454)

--Alien Invasion--
Alien Invasion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40756&highlight=alien)
Alien Invasion II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49679)

--Assassins--
Assassins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102711)
Assassins II: Revenge of the Princess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110754)
Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121535)

--Baron Fatbelly--
I, II & III were not Werewolf style games.
Fatbelly 4 - Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83147)

--Batman--
Batman Mini-Game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100752)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129209)

--Camp Sleeps-A-Lot--
Camp Sleeps-A-Lot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54082)
Camp Sleep S'More (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75002)

--Civilization--
Civilization (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106722)
Civilizations 2: Attack from Mars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119002)

--Convoy--
Convoy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599&highlight=werewolf)
Convoy II: The Return of Rubber Duck (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080301.html)
Convoy III: Bears in the Air (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20071013.html)
Convoy IV: Twisted Metal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136405)
Convoy V: Autobots, Role Out!! (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080126.html)
Convoy VI: Convoy From Hell (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080216.html)
Convoy VII: Interstating the Obvious (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92118)

--CYOR--
Five Player CYOR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99005)
Five Player CYOR II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99662)

--Death Note--
Death Note (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85553)
Death Note 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102313)

--Dethy--
Dethy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76607)
Dethy II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80693)
Dethy III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84285)
Dethy IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87779)

--Discworld--
Dyscworlde WereWolfe: Dei In Machina (http://www.giantitp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69435)
Discworld II: The Glorious Republic of Treacle Mine Road (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132474)

--Empire--
Empire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37338)
Empire II: Where No Man Has Gone Before (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46930)

--Fate/Stay Night--
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Touch (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107846)
Fate/Stay Night II: Unlimited Blade Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123472)
Fate III/Final - HWWITGT! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136910)

--Fears--
The Fears of Pegasus Manor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82034)
Fears 2: Nightfall (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99210)
Fears 3: Full Circle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123775)

--Grave Robbers From Outer Space--
Grave Robbers from Outer Space (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5183986#post5183986)
Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104192)

--Harry Potter--
Harry Potter Mini-Game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85404)
Harry Potter Universe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124161)

--Invasion of the Zombies--
Invasion of the Zombies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57922&page=2)
Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115891)
Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137387)

--Journies on the TARDIS--
Journies on the TARDIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54715)
TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63219)

--Llama, Llama, Duck--
Llama, Llama, Duck (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60779)
Llama, Llama, Duck 2- The Return of Insanity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108332)

--Mafia--
Mafia I: Night of the Criminals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32900&highlight=mafia)
Mafia II: Mass Intrigue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35380&highlight=mafia)
Mafia III: The Maltese Falcon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39711&highlight=mafia)
Mafia Episode IV: A New Hutt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65129)
Mafia V: The Maltese Falcon Returns (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54512)(restarted as Mark II)
Mafia V: Mark II: The Return of the Narrator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59665)
Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71336)
Mafia VII: Revenge of the Blackhawks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80219)
Mafia VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92124)
Mafia IX: St. Valentines Massacre (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104108)
Mafia X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123858)

--Memesville--
Memesville (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96056)
Memesville II - Memes? In MY Structured? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122617)

--Paranoia--
Paranoia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28992)
Paranoia mk II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31462)
Paranoia III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114358)
Paranoia IV (Can't Find it. :smallconfused:)
Paranoia V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129601)

--Phantom of the Opera--
Phantom of the Opera (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108679)
Phantom of the Opera II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118859)

--Pirates--
Pirates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34364&highlight=Pirates)
Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39175&highlight=Pirates)
Pirates III: At Forum's End (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48924)
Pirates IV: Firefly Firefight! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87232)

--Rebellion--
Rebellion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37417)
Rebellion II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492)
Rebellion III: Reign of the Zombies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48182)
Rebellion IV: Death of the Lich King (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71734)

--Revolution--
Revolution (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38808&highlight=revolution)
Revolution Mk II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42983&highlight=revolution)
Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48906)
Revolution IV: The Second Party (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53615)

--Rockstar--
Rockstar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56216)
Rockstar II: The Rap Feud (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60471)
Rockstar III: And Bon Scott Did Looketh Down Upon Us and Command "Let There Be Rock" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101794)

--S.E.U.--
S.E.U.: The Nightmare Begins... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94331)
S.E.U. II: Ho Ho Horrors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99693)
S.E.U. III: Dark Strains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105470)
S.E.U. IV: The Terror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116778)
SEU 5: A Mother's Arms (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126807)
S.E.U. VI: Twinkle Little Star (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127023)
S.E.U. VII: Sanity's Rest hospital (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139167)

--Smalltown--
Smalltown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80871)
Smalltown 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85293)

--Spytrap--
Spytrap (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69805&page=3)
Spytrap II: Desert Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77437)
Spytrap III- Prisoners of War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4626028#post4626028)
Spytrap IV: Operation Market Garden (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101913)

--Tales of Kyou--
Stories of Kyou: The Facestealer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84421)
Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110778)

--The Thing!--
The Thing- Original (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70689)
The Thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141652)

--TITANS!--
TITANS! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4342860#post4342860)
T2: Judgement Day (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90494)
Titans 3! The Rise of Olympus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119756)

--Twin Village--
Twin Village (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85294)
Twin Village 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98018)

--Twist--
Twist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82641)
Twist II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94094)

--Ultimate ChKaos--
Ultimate Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84377)
Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91135)
Ultimate Kaos III: In Soviet Russia, Kaos Ultimates YOU! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102976)
Ultimate Kaos IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123237)

--Universal Smash Bros--
Universal Smash Bros. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75247)
Universal Smash Bros 2: Villain's Revenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93726)
Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' Resurgance! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106040)
Universal Smash Bros 4: Brawl on! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130390)

--Vampire--
Vampire: Renfeild's Masquerade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57938)
Vampire II: The Carfax Contingency (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76525)
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130346)

--Witches & Warlocks--
Witches & Warlocks: How It All Started (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98736)
Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115595)
Witches & Warlocks III: Welcome to Witchtopia! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134067)

--Ye Olde West--
Ye Olde West (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38839)
Ye Olde West II: The GOLD Rush (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54385)
YOW3: Cowboy Bebop Edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86888)
Ye Olde West IIII: A New Rope (Star Wars Edition) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131871)

Someone mention a game that you've never heard of?
Someone mention a game that you'd like to read?

Look No Further!

Lex-Kat
2010-03-28, 03:56 PM
NOTE: Atreyu and I are taking June 21st.

Convoy II: The Cola Wars

Wizibirb
2010-03-28, 04:16 PM
I know this is like the 8th plea but, Please could we have more than 20 players for abhorsens If we knew it was going to be this small we wouldn't of scheduled it. I promise their will be amazing narrations and it will be a fun game in general. Game will start Monday so get going!

Thufir
2010-03-28, 04:34 PM
Hey all, I'm not going to be on for the next few weeks, as I've just been fired from my long standing freelance gig(4 years) for basically blowing off steam. New Jersey is a right to work state, meaning I can be fired with no cause(ironic name, no?) So please find replacements for all my roles(they are few, I think) and please swap Bounty Hunters 2 for sometime in late May, if anyone around that time is willing to take the slot, if not later is cool. I'll be back later.

I think I'll just reiterate this request from RSG. Any takers from the late May slots?

Lex, I'll take your word for the archives being up to date in there, but I continue to do the schedule for myself, because I have a fairly consistent system for what I do and don't remove.
Also, Thursday Next is staying in there until Bookworm posts the closing narration for it. :smallannoyed:

And I'll vouch for the fact that Sanity's narrations are very good. Join Abhorsen WW!

Mordokai
2010-03-28, 04:39 PM
Spytrap V has ended in another victory for indians, that is, the wolves.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-28, 04:57 PM
Lex, I'll take your word for the archives being up to date in there, but I continue to do the schedule for myself, because I have a fairly consistent system for what I do and don't remove.
Kay, I'll stick with the archives. *Hugs Archives* But the completed games section of the schedule hasn't been updated since last year sometime.

Also, Thursday Next is staying in there until Bookworm posts the closing narration for it. :smallannoyed:
Bleh. He'll never give a final narration. I've asked him to do so, at least once. And I'm not even in that game. :smallannoyed:

Mordokai
2010-03-28, 05:18 PM
It is my humble opinion that if he intended to update or finish the game, he would have done so by now. So really... is it that much bother to give a long dead game a mercy shot?

Trixie
2010-03-28, 06:24 PM
'sup. Have I missed anything important? :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2010-03-28, 07:32 PM
You mind adding Team Fortress 2: Sudden Death! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128287) to the archive?

Or do non-scheduled games not count?

Thufir
2010-03-28, 08:12 PM
Kay, I'll stick with the archives. *Hugs Archives* But the completed games section of the schedule hasn't been updated since last year sometime.

It has, trust me. I just like to keep it going a decent way back.

Bleh. He'll never give a final narration. I've asked him to do so, at least once. And I'm not even in that game. :smallannoyed:

Uncle Festy eventually wrote the end narration for Ultimate Kaos III... I haven't given up yet...
And in the meantime, I soothe my frustration by lynching him. Repeatedly.

@^: Added.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-28, 08:34 PM
You mind adding Team Fortress 2: Sudden Death! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128287) to the archive?

Or do non-scheduled games not count?
Non-Scheduled games count, but I have to see them to know about them.

Was there a Team Fortress 1?

Uncle Festy
2010-03-28, 08:34 PM
Uncle Festy eventually wrote the end narration for Ultimate Kaos III... I haven't given up yet...

*coughs*
I thought we agreed never to speak of that again…
:smalltongue:

Fawkes
2010-03-28, 08:40 PM
Was there a Team Fortress 1?

No, because the game was based off of the popular video game Team Fortress 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_fortress_2).

I have a sequel planned that will introduce a third team, as per Happyturtle's suggestion. The working title is Team Fortress 2 II: Team Fortress Three.

Uncle Festy
2010-03-28, 08:45 PM
No, because the game was based off of the popular video game Team Fortress 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_fortress_2).

I have a sequel planned that will introduce a third team, as per Happyturtle's suggestion. The working title is Team Fortress 2 II: Team Fortress Three.

Really? :smallconfused:
Either way, nice. :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2010-03-28, 08:56 PM
A sequel to the Werewolf adaptation, that is.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-28, 09:50 PM
okay Abhorsen WW is now closed. Looking for possible AL replacees.

Shadow
2010-03-29, 05:29 AM
Wow, you know what that list makes me realize?
Of all the games I've narrated (or co-narrated) I've never once made the opening post. I wrote quite a few opening posts which were used, but I wasn't the one that posted them.

Uncle Festy
2010-03-29, 05:31 PM
Gone for two days, please don't auto.
Sorry to MTGWW, I won't be able to update.

lostlittlebear
2010-03-30, 09:09 AM
I'm tempted to take the open slot for the official start of Camelot WW, but I think I'll pass because I'd like some time to get feedback and think harder about the news. Also, I'm looking for a co-narrator for Camelot WW 1, anyone interested?

Trixie
2010-03-30, 10:21 AM
[shrug] If you want, I can always offer advice and such.

But don't ask for more than one narration.

Supagoof
2010-03-30, 02:41 PM
Of all the games I've narrated (or co-narrated) I've never once made the opening post. I wrote quite a few opening posts which were used, but I wasn't the one that posted them.Well that makes sense.

Shadow - mastermind in the background.

Helgraf
2010-04-01, 02:37 AM
Of all the games I've narrated (or co-narrated) I've never once made the opening post. I wrote quite a few opening posts which were used, but I wasn't the one that posted them.

Wait, you're back?!

*drags Shadow into the darkness and thrashes him for disappearing*

Also, thought of an interesting role for use in WW-style games. Lemme know what you think.

Ambitious Understudy
Every night, the Ambitious Understudy can try to steal someone's role. It only works on people who have a special power (so standard villagers, regular masons, regular 'wolves' don't count). If successful, Role Thief can use that player's abilities for the next two nights, when the original holder of the role "recovers", and regains their powers. (Yes, this means the target cannot use their abilities those two nights)

If the Ambitious Understudy succeeds, this ability cannot be used again until the two nights with the stolen role's powers have passed.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-01, 02:39 AM
Ooh, that role sounds really fun. I like it.

I had a similar idea, but I could never get the details or exactness of my thoughts right when writing it down. And you did it! Yay!

Helgraf
2010-04-01, 02:42 AM
Sorry about SEU, Murska. But good play all the same. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

Murska has a point. Plus if you have 4 masons and lose 2, then even if you do connect the baner, seer, fool and last two masons successfully, it's not necessarily that great. Firstly you've lost 50% of your masons, secondly the wolves will guess you're networked and start using voting patterns to find the rest of you (if they're any good).

It's probably better to wait for the seer to scry you.

As for being players not just pawns I will forever be upset with Helgraf when I was a wolf in a game with him and we were trying to pretend one of the wolves was a seer/seer proxy. After throwing the villagers three wolves in a row (suspiciously lucky) and the real seer had a proxy countering our claim and it was blatantly obvious that the whole strategy had failed and Helgraf was about to die, he decided it would be a good idea to feed my name to the villagers too, in an attempt to .. I don't know what to be honest. I feel he was just irritated with me constantly pointing out that the whole strategy was flawed and broken and not going to work and decided to be petty. It was quite definitely a good example of flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, to get back to the point, it is one thing to ask for volunteers to step up and be sacrificed for the common good, another to just do it to people without their agreement. And asking for volunteers when they KNOW for a fact that they will be dead and out of the game means you aren't likely to find many takers. It's one thing to take a risk, another to volunteer for it. In YOW I only did it when I was going to get lynched anyway.

And we got them to lynch the seer anyway.

Also, Vampire III : A hatchet job in Sunnydale, is effectively over, pending the final narration.

I'm going to look at the book of rules and see what I can do to simplify the game but keep the anonymity flavor.

Some of the stuff added to V3 worked very interestingly. Others, not really so much.

rakkoon
2010-04-01, 03:40 AM
"Werewolf X - Chilled Blood Becomes Spilled Blood" ended with a victory for the villagers. I felt sorry for the poor wolves, they tried some daring tactics and had all the bad luck.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-04-01, 06:21 AM
Mafia XI has ended with a win for the Mafia! Shadow's play was impeccable. Murska almost pulled out the win, but was lynched on the final day.

April Fools!

Supagoof
2010-04-01, 02:01 PM
Llama Llama Duck 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147540) is started.

Thanks!

Skippy
2010-04-01, 10:26 PM
At last it seems like my life will give me a little more free time and soon my return to the forums will be complete and permanent. In the meantime, I'd like to return to an old idea that I had, and I'd like to know who would be interested. My game idea is based on the Dark Tower series of Stephen King, particularly the fourth book (Wizard and Glass) and the setting is the Barony of Mejis. I won't say a lot about it because it might spoil it if someone hasn't read it, but if there's enough people interested, I'll start writing the story.

Alarra
2010-04-01, 11:09 PM
oooh, that's my favorite book of the series. *interested*

Skippy
2010-04-02, 12:45 AM
oooh, that's my favorite book of the series. *interested*

Well, it's a pretty awesome book, I just finished reading it and I think a WW game was lying there, begging me to start it. And I really would love to tell you a bit more of what I'm thinking, but I really don't want to spoil it for anyone! People, please, read the book! Even if you won't play the game, it's an awesome story!

Fin
2010-04-02, 06:12 AM
The Dark Tower is my favourite series of books ever. Skippy, if you don't make a WW game based on that I think I may do something that a seriously frustrated person might do... Cry.

As for the best of the books in said series, for me it is Drawing Of The Three, or maybe even The Wastelands... Then again there is Wolves Of The Calla... Dammit they are all awesome!

happyturtle
2010-04-02, 06:25 AM
The Wastelands through the end of the riddle contest is the best.

Also, Llama Llama Duck (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147540) thread actually did make it up in time for an April Fools Day start. Hooray! :smallbiggrin:

Skippy
2010-04-04, 02:52 AM
The Dark Tower is my favourite series of books ever. Skippy, if you don't make a WW game based on that I think I may do something that a seriously frustrated person might do... Cry.

As for the best of the books in said series, for me it is Drawing Of The Three, or maybe even The Wastelands... Then again there is Wolves Of The Calla... Dammit they are all awesome!

I know they're all awesome! Or at least I hope so, given that I still have three books left to read. However, the book that could better be adapted as a WW game is Wizard and Glass, and so I'm making this game. It's true, not an April's Fool joke (I just realized I posted it on that day and I apologize if someone thought it was a joke).

More details to come later.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-04, 09:31 AM
Camelot WW 0.5 has ended with a FLAWLESS victory for the wolves - not a single one was lynched!

Am looking for a co-narrator for the next edition. I'll need help with balancing the game as well as with Night phase narrations. Anyone interested?

Lex-Kat
2010-04-05, 01:06 AM
I'll volunteer.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-05, 06:19 AM
Awesome! Thanks Lex, I'll send you more details once I've firmed up my ideas for the roles. Expect a PM in a week or two! :smallsmile:

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-05, 08:55 PM
Hey All,

The threads for WWC XI has been subitted. Keep an eye out for another post here showing open recruitment to be open!

~DM77

Lex-Kat
2010-04-06, 11:33 AM
Could we add the following small games:

{table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start (week of)
Hot Potatoes|Jontom Xire|Finished|Mar 24
Custom WW I|Shadowcaller|Running|Apr 3
Hot Potato II|Jontom Xire|Running|Apr 6
[/table]

TFT
2010-04-06, 03:59 PM
I'm going to be gone from tomorrow(wednesday on west coast USA) to about Monday. Please don't autolynch me!

Skippy
2010-04-07, 01:23 AM
So... Who wants more information about the (maybe) upcoming game The Dark Tower WW: Danger in Mejis (working title) ???

In a world that's moving on, there is danger everywhere. Steven Deschain, father of Roland, sent his son to the Barony of Mejis to keep him safe from the evil plans of Marten. With him, his trusted friends Cuthbert Allgood and Alain Johns, who still haven't earned their guns, traveled under false names and under the false pretense of counting stuff for the Horsemen's Association, and inadvertedly discovered a conspiracy to betray them and help the Good Man, Farson, in the coming war. Now they must, with the help of the beautiful Susan Delgado, uncover the plot, eliminate all those who are on Farson's side and under the Big Coffin Hunters' orders, and, most importantly, survive until Reap, without having their real identities discovered. Oh, and did I mention that the evil witch, Rhea of the Cöos is watching everything with the help of Maerlyn's Grapefruit?

Roles:

Cuthbert Allgood A. K. A. Arthur Heath: This good-natured boy, always joking, sharp and quick, is an excellent shooter. He won't doubt to help whenever one of his friends is in danger and with the help of his trusted slingshot, you can always be sure that having him on your side is a blessing from the Ka. During the night, he will always be alert and keep someone from danger, avoiding them getting killed.

Alain Johns A. K. A. Richard Stockworth: Kind and smart, but a little less reckless than Cuthbert, Alain was born with the Touch. He can sense things that are happening or will happen soon, and he can use this ability to find out the true identity of any person in Hambry. However, the Touch is limited, and he can only use it one time every night.

Sheemie Ruiz: This boy isn't part of Roland's Ka-tet. However, their paths have crossed, and he'll try and help them with what he thinks he knows about the people of Mejis. Once every night, he'll try to find a secret about someone, but he might not find what he wants.

The Horsemen's Association: These are the people who can be trusted. They know each other, and they know they hate Farson and they will try to stop him before he gets all the resources of Mejis, including the precious oil from Citgo.

Rhea of the Cöos: This evil witch has lived near Mejis for a really long time. Her powers are known in all the barony, and she is feared by all those who know her. She has possession of Maerlyn's Grapefruit, a cristal ball that, surrounding everything in its pink light, gives her the ability to see anywhere. The deepest, darkest secrets of every person in Mejis, isn't a secret for her. However, the Grapefruit has a will of its own, and it won't work whenever she wants, but whenever it wants to. Once per night, to be exact.

The Big Coffin Hunters and the Good Men: John Farson wants death. Everybody knows that. However, he has followers who believe that he is indeed a Good Man and will do whatever he wants. The Big Coffin Hunters work under his orders, but not because of their beliefs. They're in on it for the money and power. All of them have forgotten the face of their fathers, and their goal during their stay in Mejis is gathering all the horses, oxen and oil drums they can, all without being discovered... That's why, every night, they will kill someone and try to peg it on someone else. Fear is one of their weapons, and ruling the town is one of their goals. They win if they are a majority.

The people of Mejis: Horsemen and fishermen, the people of Mejis are good natured and jolly. Always ready to welcome a visitor, in this world that has moved on, however, they're also always ready to hang and burn a traitor at the stake. 'Fin de año' comes, and the words "charyou tree" can be heard more often than it was usual. Every day, at sunset, they will lynch someone, if they find them guilty of treason. They win if all the Good Men (ahd Rhea) are dead, or away from Mejis.

So, what do you think? Is it good?

Once again, if you haven't read the book, you might not understand half of the things I wrote. But please, please, read the book. And maybe play, if you think I'm not as bad a writer as I think I am.

Any thoughts are well received.

Oh, and a final note:
I left Roland and Susan out on purpose. They're too busy umm... being busy, to be bothered. At least, before Reap.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 03:05 PM
I believe that, once my current games are complete, I will be taking an "except for Mafia" hiatus from WW for a while.

Why?

To put it quite simply and bluntly, I find the "winning isn't the most important thing, it's the only thing" attitude certain people have to be utterly repungent and repulsive, and I'd rather not participate in games with people like that.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-07, 04:13 PM
I believe that, once my current games are complete, I will be taking an "except for Mafia" hiatus from WW for a while.

Why?

To put it quite simply and bluntly, I find the "winning isn't the most important thing, it's the only thing" attitude certain people have to be utterly repungent and repulsive, and I'd rather not participate in games with people like that.

Well, that is why I've said what I have on the new WWC XI recruiting thread. Obviously you can't read it as it hasn't been Mod approved (hint, hint, wink, wink, to the Mods that be... :) ), but I have made comments to the same, and institute a newish rule: Unless you are a Mason or a Werewolf, I ask all players to refrain from PMing in the background, to keep the game fun for everybody. I DO say more on the subject, but I'll wait for the thread to get approved to let you read it.

~DM77

Fin
2010-04-07, 04:25 PM
*exciting stuff about a Dark Tower WW game*

I do not aim with my hand;
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand;
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun;
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
I will not choose to play this game;
He who chooses to play this game has forgotten the face of his father.
I am already in this game.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-07, 06:05 PM
Hey All,

The recruiting thread for Werewolf Classic XI: Origins is now up! Come one, come all! I expect this to be a great game!

~DM77

whitehelm
2010-04-07, 10:22 PM

I would like to submit a formal request for Shadow to return for the new WWC. PMs between players are not allowed except for wolves and masons (between themselves), which means the seer cannot form a secret network of confirmed innocents or use a proxy.

happyturtle
2010-04-07, 10:24 PM
So... the seer scries people but can't tell anyone the results? Doesn't that kind of make them a slightly more informed villager? :smallconfused:

Skippy
2010-04-07, 10:41 PM
So... the seer scries people but can't tell anyone the results? Doesn't that kind of make them a slightly more informed villager? :smallconfused:

That was always the main point of the game. Lately this game is just becoming easier and easier with all the secret networks forming behind the scenes and it gets boring and takes all the paranoia away from the game.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-07, 10:58 PM

Well, that's the point. Same goes for the Devil role. The groups, in a live game, would not get to so more than open their eyes on their faction's turn and vote to kill somebody (in the case of the wolves, or just to know who somebody is (the Masons only need one turn like this, as they really just need to know whom they may trust), or to point out somebody to scry(Seer, Fool, and Devil), in which they'd get a thumbs up or down to indicate villager or wolf, or some other sign to indicate Fool (as the Seer, and Fool and Devil see the Seer and Fool as the fool, and the Seer sees the Devil as a wolf.

This is how I believe I wrote it and arbitrated it in Classic 1 & 2, and how I'm 100% sure it works in a live game, which was how I originally intended it to be run: as close to being like the live game as possible.

Deathslayer7
2010-04-07, 11:37 PM
so if the seer scries the masons they cant pm them? :smallconfused:

Skippy
2010-04-08, 12:04 AM
so if the seer scries the masons they cant pm them? :smallconfused:

If you were playing this with people in a room, they wouldn't be able to PM each other. It seems only logical that in a forum game, they wouldn't be able to do it either.

rakkoon
2010-04-08, 02:10 AM
Circle of Assasins V: Most Dangerous Game
is awaiting moderator approval.
Start the buzz, join the fun, get ready for some awesome Grim Ranger narrations and funky Rakkoon endings.

Trixie
2010-04-08, 09:04 AM
I have an idea for sort of anti-WW game: where being in the voting majority doesn't guarantee anything! :smallamused:

There are two roles: normal player, with one token (can be used as YES or NO), and liars (two of them - they have two tokens).

Day phase [up to 24 hours]: One randomly picked person states a QUESTION. It can be anything, as long as it is something that can be only answered YES or NO.

For example: Is the latest OotS comic late?

It does not matter if you answer truthfully, or not - see below.

Night Phase [48 hours]: This is actual killing phase. Every person who fails to answer the question will die (one day auto-lynch period).

During this period, players answer the question - this can be done in the thread, or by PM. To complicate matters, liar can make one of his tokens invalid, such as the first one in the thread, making the other from PM his actual scoring one. Of course, this has to be done subtly - or else it will be easily spotted!

This is also the phase for diplomacy, making alliances, and attempting to goad others into wrong vote :smalltongue:

When everyone votes, or after 48 hours, whichever comes first, votes are tallied...

And the majority dies. :smallamused:

Yup, that's right, if, for example, there are 10 votes YES, and 4 NO, 10 players are eliminated and 4 pass to the next round. Theoretically, it is possible to win in one round, such as 21 votes YES, and 1 NO. There is no luck whatsoever involved - this is all about strategy, guile and controlling the flow of the game.

Winner is the last man (or pair) standing.

So, what do you think? :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:11 AM
Not sure that's really a WW game, though I suppose it could fit as one. :smalltongue:

I'd play. And be among the first to die, but I'd play. :smallbiggrin:

Though I see a lot of people crossing out votes and switching to the other side just to stay in the minority. Might need a little tweaking. Say 50% liars instead of just two?

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-08, 01:52 PM
Okay, so it was suggested that I do a "rewrite" of the Werewolf Classic rules to include clarifications and explanations of the whys on some rules. I can't do it until tonight as I'm trying to keep up via my PDA whilst I am at work. Who do I contact to get that posted?

~DM77

EDIT: Also, who's been making the llama avatars, has anybody heard from The Masked Llama, and lastly, how long should I keep recruiting going?

happyturtle
2010-04-08, 01:54 PM
You mean for the OPs of the Central thread? If so, you can post it here or PM it to Thufir, asking it to be edited in to the relevant post.

Helgraf
2010-04-08, 02:17 PM
If you were playing this with people in a room, they wouldn't be able to PM each other. It seems only logical that in a forum game, they wouldn't be able to do it either.

In short, he's taking the Internet out of the game.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-08, 02:22 PM
Ceika makes the Llamatars.

As to Atreyu, he posted in Playground Squares just yesterday. :smallsmile:

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-08, 02:24 PM
Great, and thanks for the help. I should be able to get that up and going by midnight Central Standard Time. Ish...

Fleeing Coward
2010-04-08, 06:14 PM
Would anyone be interested in taking over a relatively prosperous Germany in Diplomacy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117808)?

Links on how to play are in the first post if you never played it before and would like to give it a try.

Skippy
2010-04-08, 09:01 PM
In short, he's taking the Internet out of the game.

Without taking the game out of the internet, yeah :smalltongue: I don't think it's bad, is it? :smallconfused:

Oh, and I'm thinking about a few tweaks for the Dark Tower game, regarding the ability to scry. I'm not sure how to make it work though, I'll think about it and post it when I find what I really want to do with it...

Shadow
2010-04-09, 09:02 AM
I would like to submit a formal request for Shadow to return for the new WWC. PMs between players are not allowed except for wolves and masons (between themselves), which means the seer cannot form a secret network of confirmed innocents or use a proxy.

Ask and you shall receive.

Trixie
2010-04-09, 09:33 AM
Sooo... After a few balance modifications:

Anti-WW loosely based on LG idea:

Roles: villager, with one vote, lying villager (can change his thread/PM vote by PM once) and liar (can always change his thread/PM vote by PM). Number of non-villager players is determined by 1D6+1 die roll.

Votes are cast in red, as always in WW games. The above description of roles doesn't mean you cannot change your in-thread vote - standard crossing-over and last vote valid still applies, but to make liar's power worth something, there is one restriction - once you write FINAL in your post, you forfeit the non-liar right to change the vote. Why would anyone do this? Well, this can be very advantageous strategically :smallwink:

Day phase: One randomly picked person states a QUESTION. It can be anything, as long as it is something that can be only answered YES or NO.

For example: Is the latest OotS comic late?

It does not matter if you answer truthfully, or not - see below. However, carefully constructed question can help your cause.

Night Phase [48 hours]: This is actual killing phase. Every person who fails to answer the question will have their vote decided by coin flip.

During this period, players answer the question - this can be done openly in the thread, or in secret, by PM. To complicate matters, liars can change their vote, such as the first one in the thread, making the other from PM his actual scoring one. Of course, this has to be done subtly - or else it will be easily spotted!

This is also the phase for diplomacy, making alliances, and attempting to goad others into wrong vote :smalltongue:

When everyone votes, or after 48 hours, whichever comes first, votes are tallied, and the unlucky majority dies (in case of the draw, round is repeated). :smalltongue:

Yes, that's right, if, for example, there are 10 votes YES, and 4 NO, 10 players are eliminated and 4 pass to the next round. Theoretically, it is possible to win in one round, such as 21 votes YES, and 1 NO. There is no luck whatsoever involved - this is all about strategy, guile and controlling the flow of the game.

Winner is the last man (or pair) standing.

So, what do you think now? :smalltongue:

lostlittlebear
2010-04-09, 09:51 AM
Interesting, but in a game with fixed time limits doesn't that mean that everyone would be scrambling to change their votes at the last few minutes of the day phase?

Also, I know this might be jumping the gun, but I've planned out most of the rules/story for Camelot WW 1 already, and although it hasn't started yet I want to keep myself to a strict schedule.

Which means I'd like to schedule the start of Camelot WW 2 for the week of July 5, title to be determined. Hopefully we can get through the entire story of Arthur before I get drafted for the army :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2010-04-11, 01:59 AM
Vampires III: Sunnydale Nights is over. Six players survived the wrath of ADAM.

Vampire IV: A more classical theme to be named later will eventually be put into the roster. Right now I want to look at V3 and see about shearing off some of the madness; I've noticed an effect that occured in both V2 and V3 that has given the vampires a serious disadvantage, and I intend to modify the ruleset to account for that.

Wizibirb
2010-04-11, 02:40 AM
Hey yall, I was thinking about starting up Reverse WW 2 - Villagers Wrath continued.... but before I do that just a few questions.

I was wondering what do you guys think I should add to the game to help it out?(or not add anything at all)
I was thinking either
a) add a night baner
b) add a day baner
c) add a seer
d) add nothing

I feel that while their really is only one power role (the villager) the simplicity is kinda what makes it what it is. Please let me know what you think!

Shadow
2010-04-11, 03:43 AM
Vampires III: Sunnydale Nights is over. Six players survived the wrath of ADAM.

Vampire IV: A more classical theme to be named later will eventually be put into the roster. Right now I want to look at V3 and see about shearing off some of the madness; I've noticed an effect that occured in both V2 and V3 that has given the vampires a serious disadvantage, and I intend to modify the ruleset to account for that.

Holy crap, that game was still going?!? :smalleek:
I was gone for like.... 5 months or something!

rakkoon
2010-04-11, 06:23 AM
Sanity, I'm biased but I had a lot of fun as a villager. Wouldn't change a thing. But the opinions of the wolves would be more important probably.

Wizibirb
2010-04-11, 05:25 PM
Reverse WW 2 villagers wrath! Has been submitted for Mod approval!!!!

Once again I will only be accepting 20 players so watch for it carefully before it fills up!

Helgraf
2010-04-12, 12:11 AM
Holy crap, that game was still going?!? :smalleek:
I was gone for like.... 5 months or something!

Yeah. I know. And I wasn't nearly as much a Sunnydale buff as you are.

And then I ran into problems with GoogleDocs - about five different times.

Mistakes were made. I gave up on half the extra night stuff halfway through. And I was still late getting updates up.

I couldn't blame the players if they had lost interest entirely.

But yeah, it's finally over.

And I'm crazy enough to run another one, once I can go over the rules and decide what to keep, what to jettison and what to modify (again). But I can't do Sunnydale justice, so it will very likely be a return to the mood/flavour of the first two Vampire games.

But I'm going to request a secondary co-narrator if I do, because me and you, we've both had waaay too much trouble making it through these games intact.

billtodamax
2010-04-12, 12:44 AM
Ooo, ooo I call dibs!

Can I, please Helgraf?

Wizibirb
2010-04-12, 01:15 PM
Reverse WW II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148697) is now open for sign ups!

RedScholarGypsy
2010-04-12, 06:40 PM
Yo all, I is back and better than ever(.0001 is greater than 0:smalltongue:)

*looks at games*

Crap, lost them all in absence. Boo.:smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2010-04-12, 07:18 PM
Yay!!! Who are you again?? :smallconfused:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-04-12, 07:27 PM
Yay!!! Who are you again?? :smallconfused:

I'm the guy who sings every time he survives a night kill. And luckless Rookie who never is a danger to anyone:smallsmile:.

Thufir
2010-04-12, 07:58 PM
Yo all, I is back and better than ever(.0001 is greater than 0:smalltongue:)

I'm afraid no-one felt like swapping game slots with you, so your options are either right now (Recruit and start the game within the space of a week) or early July.
My personal preference is for the latter, since I'm currently already in more games than I really have time for, but obviously it's up to you.

Skippy
2010-04-12, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm stuck with the rule modifications I want to make for DTWW.

Here's the thing (spoilerized once again for the sake of those who haven't read the book):

As you know, Rhea was able to use Maerlyn's Grapefruit, but it costed her a great part of her soul, and would have costed her everything if she had continued using it. Of course, the Ball had its own plans, but whatever.

The thing is, I want it to be risky for Rhea to use Maerlyn's Grapefruit somehow. Or limit the times she can scry, because the Ball is draining her soul and there's a point when she wouldn't be able to use it anymore.

Of course, doing this would mean that I need to balance it for Alain, so that he can't use the Touch every night, or limit the times he can use it, or something like that. And of course, I want it to be somehow consistant with the plot.

Any suggestions??

RedScholarGypsy
2010-04-12, 10:37 PM
Put me down for the next available slot then. I technically could do recruitment/game, but given my situation, not going to push it.

No one interesting in swapping my slot though?:smallfrown: