View Full Version : The Dancing Fox Inn LIX: Carpe Beerum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:12 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/celtois/DFIT3.png

((Banner by Celtois))

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. (Except for anyone whose name begins with an L.)

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
White Text is back! Mocking your memes!
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants
Comment on the previous thread's white text.
Map:
There is no map. The Inn has as much space as is needed, as many tables as is needed, as many rooms as needed (Upstairs), as many corners as needed, and so on.
There is, however, a description:
WOO! Descriptions!
Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.
However, the floors have been . . . completely changed.
They were rough hewn logs. They are now laminated hardwood. All of the broken, dirty glasses and silverware have been removed, and replaced with better, more functional (And clean) ones. The kitchen is, by far, the best room in the inn. Sparklingly clean, the best equipment out there, and so on. The entire inn has been renovated. It is now made of better wood, and is much cleaner. It's not the prettiest building in the town, but it's functional. Which is what counts.
Also, any damage done to the inn will fix itself by the next day. So don't worry.

Disclaimer: The only thing changing about the inn is the size. So it will allow anyone in. And will supply as many corners as needed. Nothing else is changing. And it never does change. It just . . . you watch it, it . . seems to stay the same, but you know it changes, but . . . it doesn't, but . . .. (Think about it, and your head (or whatever contains your central nervous system) will explode. This is quite an endevour to clean, so please refrain from such an action)

Tomato
Current Staff:
Nerick- Barkeep and Manager
???- Barboy (Apply within)
Gabriella - Barmaid
Julie - Waiter
Jessica - Cook
Psudonym - Bard
(If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)
NOW HIRING: A Waiter / Waitresses, Barboy.
If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Nerick, IC.
((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to... dunno, Quinsar or Celtois.))
Ringringringring

NPC's:
Name: Naim Elless.
Race: Human.
Description: Completely average height, weight, and so on.
He's the bartender when Nerick isn't around.

Banana phone!
THE MENU:
Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
Wines*:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
Coffee - buzzzzz. You'll never sleep again!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode) Actually, say we didn't warn you. And sue. :P
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis. Silly Kurvy.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon. Or Bigby's Crushing Tactical Nuke.
Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste.
Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach
Cold Milk – For the kids
Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy.
Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness!

Beers, Ales & Such*: Beer beer beer jiddily beer beer beer!
Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good Hmm . . . lawsuit, anyone? If it does kill, than it's murder, but if it doesn't, than it's false advertising.
Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!" Garr! Arr! Marr! Blarg!
Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind Or does it?
Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk No 'may' about it.
Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly Really should upgrade this to Red Bull, as that does give you wings.

Fizzy Drinks: (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!) Yes, yes we are.
Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that. Or cake.
Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream. OR ELSE!
Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim. But not willingly
K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good. Nope. *cries*
Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella. Arrr.
Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
Peanuts Nu uh. What are we arguing about?
Chips & Dip and salsa! Not since I have my LAZOR VIZUN!!!
Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood Msorry, I like curry.
Cured Ham Steak Correct you are. 5 extra awesome points to you.
BBQ Hydra Heads *gags*
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta) No no, springs, like, trampolines.
Pork Chops Hmmm . . . 'And he's watchin' us all with the poooooork! Of the chop!' doesn't quite fit . . .
Mutton Chops Judo chop?
Golden Apple No no no, will cause wars
Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
Fresh Bread And me.
Fine Aged Cheddar >:p
Fava Beans An those pork chops
Birdseed for all those avians out there.
Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
Muffins Sadly not.
Brownies Selling cookies . . . mutter mutter.
Slice of cake (Chocolate, cheese, whatever...) Yes it is. You need to play Portal.
Milkshake If I could actually eat it . . .
Cookies For Dallas You mean Pony.
Pie (Pick a flavor) Turquoise radish.

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems So they say.
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png
Now, compare THAT menu with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78455) menu. Much more awesomer, huh?
You don't see that . . . . . . . . . ./\ by the way.

PallElendro
2010-02-13, 11:14 PM
Out of nowhere, (not Nowhere, nowhere)a bottle is tossed downstairs. It has a note in it. In Common.

EDIT: No! You ruined the fact that Dancing Fox Inn has Arabic Numbers!
Why you little!

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:16 PM
Knelious goes over and opens the bottle.

Ecthelion is indeed Shorey's pet Paladin. He's working for Lupy on the side at the moment though. Lupy's niece was kidnapped, and he's taking an army to rescue her. He wants you in particular, and any blademasters you know, to help him. I presume he'll give you whatever you want in return, fool that he is.

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:18 PM
Then in that case, Alex smiles as he refuses. Are you aware that I am currently commissioned by a different army, and am not available for mercenary work?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:18 PM
"Ah, well, I'm always around to help." May say to Nee. "I don't have much better to do. I'm between jobs."

PallElendro
2010-02-13, 11:19 PM
The note says:
If you're reading this, you are inclined to wait 46 more hours while the Oath of Neverending Disappearance breaks in. With this, I cannot see or hear you, and should you interact with me physically, or me with you, even unintentionally, I will be teleported randomly in the same building, out of your sight. Selectively, another room, or a different floor.

Please highlight selected text for more details down more details.
-->Anastrinna prepared Explosive Runes this Morning. Ha.

Beans
"Ah, well, I'm always around to help." May say to Nee. "I don't have much better to do. I'm between jobs."

Same. She sighs.
I don't know what I'm going to do...

Lupy
I've done some soldiering in my time, I know how it is. I had to ask though, he sent the incredible boy wonder with me. He glares at Knelious. You don't happen to sell commissions by any chance...?

What in Ignus' name?

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:22 PM
Sell commissions... Alex blinks, realizing he's dealing with an idiot. I do not know what kind of army you are used to, where you can buy your way into an officer's grade... I don't suppose you're from Begnion then...?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-02-13, 11:23 PM
Peter and Silva undeadtime.

Peter at a table, Silva at the bar.

Silva still being robotic.

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:24 PM
No... I had hoped that if you were Lupy's friend you had the same bad habits. He turns to Knelious Boy! We're done here, he's not going to come.

Knelious grimaces. Are you sure, Alexander?

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:27 PM
Alex shrugs, looking apologetically at Knelious. I'm a captain in the Vulpanian Military. I can't exactly go off and fight some other war. Sorry. Then he looks back at Ecthelion. By the way, I've a question for you...

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:28 PM
What? His sword loosens itself in the scabbard. It senses the vauge katti, even if Alex doesn't have it, it knows he owns it.

Knelious looks ready to murder Ecthelion.

Mee
2010-02-13, 11:28 PM
Well neither did I.
Says Kwen, taking her laptop back.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:31 PM
"I'm sure there are a lot nice people around here willing to help." She smiles. "Where are you staying?"

FireFox
Alex has a plain steel sword on him now. And he slowly slips his ring off his finger and pockets it before resting his hand on the hilt. Oh, I was just wondering... When Shorey bends you over and *s you up the *, do you make eye contact, or do you just pretend it's not happening?
Hehe. :smallamused:

PallElendro
Mee, I'm in another room, didn't you see the part where I teleported up a floor when Ecthelion got in?

Beans
2010-02-13, 11:32 PM
"I'm sure there are a lot nice people around here willing to help." She smiles. "Where are you staying?"
I'm probably gonna be staying here for now...

Alex has a plain steel blade on him now. And he slowly slips his ring off his finger and pockets it before resting his hand on the hilt. Oh, I was just wondering... When Shorey bends you over and *s you up the *, do you make eye contact, or do you just pretend it's not happening?
Hehe. :smallamused:
Oh, you. (http://www.tomys.com.ar/web_images/awesome_face_bigger.png)

Mee
2010-02-13, 11:32 PM
Mee, I'm in another room, didn't you see the part where I teleported up a floor when Ecthelion got in?

Nope, actually, I didn't.
Besides, this is a reply to when he gave her her laptop back.
So she heads off to a corner, to do . . . whatever it is that she does on that thing.
((Also, Lupy, VIV isn't right.
I think you need LIX.
But I'm not sure.))

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:33 PM
Knelious tackles him before Ecthelion can try to kill Alex.

Ihateyousomuchyoutraitorousbastard!

Ecthelion hits him in the nose and gets up though, leaving him on the ground.

Praesul flies into his hand. He settles into a relaxed posture and gives Alex time to draw.

((Sorry. >.<))

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:35 PM
Alex grins and draws his sword, settling into his stance. Does it hurt you inside when he doesn't call the next day?

PallElendro
2010-02-13, 11:35 PM
It's 57, I think. LVII.

Yo, people! I can hear you upstairs! Now, Ecthelion, if you're here, I can toss my shield so that it lands in the other's hand, unless it's your assistant who you're fighting! Anyway, I just talked to you directly, so,
*bzzzt*
[Outside of Inn, at least it's out of sight of him... unless Ecthelion turns.]
Why is it cold?

Beans
2010-02-13, 11:37 PM
It's 57, I think. LVII.
Seeing as the previous one was 58... I think not.

Nee notices the Alex/Echy dealio going on.
Oooh, now that's interesting.

Mee
It's 57, I think. LVII.

Last one was 58. So this is 59.

Anyway, if you want to RP with Kwen, (And, like, ask her why she talked then, but never to you before then.), she's not busy.

KerfuffleMach2
Peter sees the fight break out. He keeps watch, not wanting to get involved.

Silva also sees it. She watches with some curiosity.

PallElendro
2010-02-13, 11:39 PM
Ok, 59. LIX.

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:39 PM
The last one was 58.

Ecthelion feints at Alex's face, then tries to hamstring him, all in one fast and fluid movement.

I will cut out your tongue and give it to your brat. How does it feel knowing your wife didn't have her first child by you?

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:41 PM
Hard to hamstring an opponent who's facing you...
Alex parries effortlessly and laughs. A fancy sword does not a Trueblade make. If you worry about whether or not the bird loves you back, getting killed by me and not getting resurrected should be a big clue.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:41 PM
May nods. "Me too. It's cheap enough. I'm just hoping that it's safe. There seems to be a lot of danger around here."

Beans
2010-02-13, 11:42 PM
The last one was 58.

Ecthelion faints at Alex's face, then tries to hamstring him, all in one fast and fluid movement.

I will cut out your tongue and give it to your brat. How does it feel knowing your wife didn't have her first child by you?
I like that.
Nee watches intently.

She glances at May.
Well, I know how to take care of myself.

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:46 PM
It seems possible to me to reach behind someone with a three foot piece of metal.

I was killing blademasters when you were still wondering what that thing between your legs was. Ecthelion tries for Alex's ribs, with a quick flicking movement. The barman had the balls to * her at least.

Knelious is trying to get up, it's hard to do in plate armor.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:47 PM
May nods. "But do you have any experience with babies or small children?"

Beans
2010-02-13, 11:48 PM
May nods. "But do you have any experience with babies or small children?"

... No. Absolutely none.
She frowns.
And I don't know if my motherly instinct will be any help... or if I'll have any...

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:49 PM
Well, if Ecthelion reached around the back of Alex's legs for a drawcut, or even a slash, I would think Alex could have easily stabbed him right through the throat first... I can't imagine reaching behind someone while still keeping your guard up. :smallwink:
Alex twitches his wrist, and the blade shifts to deflect the attack away and then to slash at the paladin's nose.

Lupy
2010-02-13, 11:51 PM
Robert Jordan lied to me! :smalltongue:

Ecthelion knocks it to the side and then flicks at Alex's throat.

FireFox
2010-02-13, 11:53 PM
Alex steps to the side and lets the tip pass harmlessly to the side before slashing sharply and aiming two quick attacks at the blade; trying to jar Ecthy's hands and smack his guard down.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:54 PM
"Well I have some experience, so any time you need some help..." May writes down her number on a napkin.

PallElendro
2010-02-13, 11:54 PM
I found the door! And hear some swordfighting.Where's my shield, I keep it somewhere in my Haversack.If only I didn't have this bandana on,

Beans
2010-02-13, 11:55 PM
"Well I have some experience, so any time you need some help..." May writes down her number on a napkin.

Nee takes it.
Alright, thanks.
She smiles, still half-watching the fight.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-13, 11:58 PM
May doesn't comment on the smile. "Do you have a job at this point?"

Lupy
2010-02-14, 12:00 AM
Damn armor... Knelious gets to his feet, looks at Alex. And Ecthelion. He'd like nothing better than for Ecthelion to be gutted, so he falls while trying to pick up his sword.

Ecthelion twists Praesul around so they meet edge on edge, and it flies at Alex's torso at an impossible speed, trying to knock the air out of him.

NOTE: While an edge on edge parry would be a mistake someone as experienced as Eccy is unlikely to make, Praesul is certainly not even scratched by a plain steel blade.

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:01 AM
May doesn't comment on the smile. "Do you have a job at this point?"

No... I used to work in a little info-gathering (that is, torture and interrogation) program.
But I'll take any decent work.

Mee
2010-02-14, 12:01 AM
I found the door! And hear some swordfighting.Where's my shield, I keep it somewhere in my Haversack.If only I didn't have this bandana on,

Well, Kwen is still around.

((And Lupy, FF was booted from the computer.))

Lupy
2010-02-14, 12:02 AM
Well, Kwen is still around.

((And Lupy, FF was booted from the computer.))

((Thanks for the heads up. Any chance of a return soon?))

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:05 AM
"Alright. I'm trying to find a way to make dream-reading a viable source of income... It doesn't seem to be working."

Mee
2010-02-14, 12:05 AM
((Thanks for the heads up. Any chance of a return soon?))

((Not that I know of.))

Anyway, Kwen now orders a drink!
Exciting!

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 12:06 AM
Ok, I found the shield! True Seeing!Effect: Sees everything, except Ecthelion, because of the oath.
Can you catch a shield?

Lupy
2010-02-14, 12:06 AM
((Not that I know of.))

Anyway, Kwen now orders a drink!
Exciting!

((Of course, my No. 2 most desired fight and one of us gets booted. Any chance of Orianna spontaneously attacking Lupy and causing No. 1 to play out?))

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:07 AM
"Alright. I'm trying to find a way to make dream-reading a viable source of income... It doesn't seem to be working."
Huh.
What stops it from working?

Mee
2010-02-14, 12:07 AM
((Of course, my No. 2 most desired fight and one of us gets booted. Any chance of Orianna spontaneously attacking Lupy and causing No. 1 to play out?))

((Nope, sorry.
Not right now, anyway.))

Kwen sips at the aforementioned drink!
Call the press!

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:08 AM
"Nobody believes that my readings will work, they just call it hokey or voodoo or whatever." She sighs. "There goes my degree in Dream Psychology."

Lupy
2010-02-14, 12:09 AM
Well, Knelious really is stuck now. My arm is breaking!

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 12:09 AM
((Nope, sorry.
Not right now, anyway.))

Kwen sips at the aforementioned drink!
Call the press!

Breaking news: Mysterious female half-elf buys and sips a drink while watching a fight! More on this story as it develops...

Mee
2010-02-14, 12:10 AM
Breaking news: Mysterious female half-elf buys and sips a drink while watching a fight! More on this story as it develops...

Aaaaaaaaaand as no one wants to PR with her, and I relayed FF's message,
Deadtime.

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:11 AM
"Nobody believes that my readings will work, they just call it hokey or voodoo or whatever." She sighs. "There goes my degree in Dream Psychology."
Unlucky for May that Nee isn't as easily drawn in as Mercuccio.
Maybe you need somebody to vouch for you.
I, if you like, could be very persuasive.
She smiles... and for a moment, it's a hollow little skull of a smile.
But only for a moment.

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 12:13 AM
"FF", hmmm.

Lupy
2010-02-14, 12:13 AM
Can someone please help me up? Or roll me over at least?!?

"FF", hmmm.

FireFox.

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 12:16 AM
Wait, before I get in there, are you the sword fighter, or one of Ecthelion's recruits??

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:16 AM
"Really? You think we could be business partners?" May puts on some glasses from her purse. "I'm pretty sure this can be very profitable for both of us."

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:18 AM
Can someone please help me up? Or roll me over at least?!?

FireFox.

This woman (http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1002/d13/2328/c2ee645.png) walks in.
I say, it looks like you could use some assistance.
She goes to help him up. She's got a sorta-hilarious stereotypical British aristocratic accent.

Nee nods.
What you need is someone to encourage people to broaden their horizons.
I can do that.

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 12:21 AM
Guy-Ecthelion's-Fighting-For-Some-Reason, can you catch a shield? From behind you?

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 12:22 AM
Cleo will walk in at some point, and remember to hold open the door behind her for when Zophia arrives.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:23 AM
"Alright. Anything to help." May smiles. "How do you think you'll do that?"

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:27 AM
"Alright. Anything to help." May smiles. "How do you think you'll do that?"

Oh, a little electrostimulation if need be.
A spark jumps between her finger and thumb.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 12:30 AM
Alright, Richard's hat seems rock-proof.
Nel just goes to talk to the tree instead.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:31 AM
"Isn't that a little... violent?" May asks, concerned. "I mean... Shocking people to get them to let me ask them a few questions?"

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:34 AM
Oh, it usually takes nothing more than a little "zzt". Like you'd get from touching a doorknob on a dry day.

Rebonack
2010-02-14, 12:35 AM
Knelious may rather abruptly find someone polite enough to help him up!

Or maybe he won't find someone, given that an unseen force rather abruptly aims to latch onto the guy and yank him to his feet in a none too gentle fashion. Though at least it's better than being stuck on the ground, right?

"Y'know," comes a rather resonant sounding disembodied voice. "You might due well to wear some lighter gear. Falling over and floundering like an inverted tortoise might be funny to watch, but I can't imagine that it's all that much fun to experience."

The voice doesn't really seem to have any one sources, echoing in into being from the inside out.

Darn those silly people talking from a position perpendicular to reality.

Makes the hard to interact with.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:40 AM
"Alright... So long as it won't interfere with their brains or anything I guess." May finishes her drink. "I think I'mma head to sleep. It was nice meeting you, Nee." She smiles as she walks up the stairs.

((Dedtiem))

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:40 AM
This woman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7885627&postcount=460) walks in.
I say, it looks like you could use some assistance.
She goes to help him up. She's got a sorta-hilarious stereotypical British aristocratic accent.
@Rebo: I already sent a (new) character to help him up, but seeing as Lupy's dedtiemed, that's not an issue...
I suppose she's still here if anyone would like to interact with a well-dressed lady with weird eyes.

Nee nods at May as she leaves.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 12:41 AM
Oh, sorry Reccy.

Zophia, who's a paladin, comes in the door being held open by Cleo. Thank you, she says, walking through the door.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 12:44 AM
It's okay, Vi.

"You're welcome." Cleo says.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 12:47 AM
Zophia smiles again.

Next time, She'll hold open the door for Cleo.

The paladin goes over to a table, to sit at.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 12:51 AM
Cleo smiles too, and sits down on Zophia's ...left. He was about to go to the right, but remembered. Or forgot, if I have it backward.
"Thank you for the breakfast." is all he manages to say before deadtiming for a little while.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 12:52 AM
It depends if Cleo still thinks of herself as the girl, or the guy. Girl goes on right, guy goes on left.

But only in fancy restaurants.

My pleasure, she says.

Bye!

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 01:27 AM
Obviously, she's the guy.

Cleo laughs a little. Then she's quiet, thinking.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 01:34 AM
Hmm...thinking.

Zophia lets Cleo think for a bit.

Then, she asks, Whatcha thinking about?

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 01:36 AM
He shrugs. "Just wondering about ou-the future, and how no one has tried to kill either of us in a long time. Nothing much."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 01:40 AM
Oh, yeah. That's pretty nice, says Zophia. And the future? Anything in particular, or just a general-sweeping thinking?

Speaking of which...I need to send more people trying to kill Zophia.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 01:45 AM
"Yeah. I'm just worried that'll change." Cleo says, "Just in general I guess."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 01:49 AM
I hope it stays all good, says Zophie, smiling reassuringly. I don't see how it could change.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 01:56 AM
"Well, hopefully it could change for the better." Cleo says. "Things are okay, even good, but I'm not so happy with them as I used to be."
He'll probably sound kind of petty.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 01:59 AM
Okay. Zophiel nods.

Maybe a little petty, but it's understandable.

She doesn't say much else. I really need to change her personality so it's better.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:01 AM
"Just okay? Yeah, I see. I'll deal with it."

Maybe. It's always kind of confused me.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:06 AM
No, we'll deal with it. Whatever it is.

I know. I think Zophiel is my most emotionally-shallow character. I need to find a shovel, and deepen it a lot.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:09 AM
"Thanks. I think that helps." Cleo says.

I'd agree. I have never understood his motivations, if any.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:14 AM
Zophiel smiles again. There! That's good.

So, I've thought over his motivations that he currently has.

They're: 1. Make Cleo happy.
2. Recover lost memory.
3. Figure out why it's lost.
4. Figure out why his paladin order turned against him.
5. Figure out why they teamed up with demons to turn against him.

So, as you can see, without plot, that only leaves one motivation: Make Cleo happy.
Since I've been skipping out on his plot, that's why he seems so shallow. He loses 4 of his 5 motivations because of that.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:19 AM
Cleo guesses at why he's smiling, and tries to kiss the smiling Zophia.

That would be it. He should diversify his motivations, so he has other non-plot things to do.
Like I should with Nel. Come up with any motivation to make him usable again, that is.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:22 AM
The smiling Zophia kisses back. It's really good.

Since we both have characters who need help, let's brainstorm some motivations that would work! Only if you want to, though.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:25 AM
And a bit weird. Though things have been weirder. After a relatively long time, Cleo would end the kiss and go back to smiling.

No, that's good. To learn something?

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:33 AM
Kiss ends, and Zophia's smiling even bigger. She can't help it.

Learn something...like what?
I could get Zophiel a god.
Or...angel of death-esque?
Redemption?
Oh, hey, I just found this with a google-search. Easy motivations (http://mark.random-article.com/gurps/player/motivation.html).

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:36 AM
So is Cleo, from the kiss and Zophia's smile.

See, that's the problem; Zophiel has 1 Association and 4 goals.
He should at least find a new order of paladins.
Nel would look for redemption, but he doesn't believe it exists. I could just retcon that away, it was so long ago that it came up.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:41 AM
Since it's evening, and they obviously went for a walk after eating breakfast, Zophiel asks, Do you want to get a drink?

Okay. So, I'm going to have Zophiel go find some other paladins.

And, instead of retconning, we could have a character go try to convince him otherwise. I have a lot of characters, maybe I should try it.
Which character do you think would work the best? Leo? Helen? Obsidian?
Or, Responsibility. Find something that he'll be responsible for.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:44 AM
Obviously. That would explain things.
"Yes, thank you. A glass of cider."

Helen, probably. And I remembered that he still wants revenge. And he could be responsible for...um...something.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:47 AM
Zophiel orders for them both. :smalltongue:
We'll have cider, and a lemonade.

Okay. I'll remember to plotclone her and bring her in.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:50 AM
Why change things just because of a little transformation? :smalltongue:
Cleo watches Zophiel while waiting for the drinks. Studying, perhaps.

Okay. Thanks.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:52 AM
I don't know.
I wonder if Zophiel still can dual-wield those two huge swords, though. Those took a lot of arm-muscle.
Studying...well, Zophie is smiling. And not noticing Cleo's creepy stare.

And, then, the drinks arrive. "Thanks."

No problem.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:56 AM
"Thanks" says Cleo, taking the cider and starting to drink it. There better not be any enchanted nanomech-poisons in this one. Creepy stare is gone.
I bet she could. She's probably still fairly muscular.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:59 AM
You mean other than the one that makes your nose itch every ten seconds for the next minute?

Nope. There's none.

Zophiel starts drinking her lemonade.

Probably. Except, with a smaller center of gravity, plus the growing baby and the offset weight/inbalance...it'll be hard.

And, as the pregnancy super-progresses, it'll become impossible.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:04 AM
That counts. But Cleo manages to ignore it and keep drinking the cider normally.

Right. So she should get any sword-fighting over with quickly.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:07 AM
Oh, great. Now my nose is itching.

Zophie finishes her lemonade. As far as I know, it didn't have any nanomech-poisons in it. Meaning, if it did, then you have to decide.

And, yes. Get over it very quickly. That means, no random encounter-fighting.

Also, I need to figure out how quick it will progress, so I can show it IC.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:12 AM
No, for now it's just lemonade.
"Say, Zophiel? What was the focus in that old order of paladins, before you left? What made it different from the next order?"

Should be a a little while before it's noticeable to anyone else.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:18 AM
I know. It's just that the second trimester starts three and 1/2 days after. So, it'll zoom by. So, that's in...like, 2 more days? Meaning Monday night, 2nd trimester starts.

Umm...I don't know all the specifics, probably because of the plot-related memory loss, but it was mostly, keeping the peace between large and powerful beings. Like gods, and dragons, and demon lords.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:25 AM
Something like that. Two and a half.

Cleo nods. "Okay. That sounds kind of unusual, but it's an important job. I guess that explains why the demons would be working with them, if they'd negotiated for them before."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:31 AM
Okay. So: Timeline.
Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday morning, Morning Sickness. Among other stuff you don't have to know about.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, gaining weight, feeling kicking.
Through Wednesday, obviously pregnant, baby gets born.
So, now that I have it planned out, it should be easy.

Yes. That would explain it. But, it still makes me wonder why the demons wanted to recruit me while my friends's descendants wanted to kill me.

But I know I never stick to my plans...

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:36 AM
"Maybe the demons were more confident. Not afraid of you."

How would it go off-plan? :smalleek:

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:38 AM
Maybe...but why would the be afraid? He's not that powerful.

Besides, there were wizards in his paladin order. Sorcerers, too, and bards, and fighters, and all sorts of other stuff. They all called each other paladins, though, and lived by basically the same code. So why would they be afraid of him rather than a wizard?

And, about off-plan:
If I knew that, then it would be planned for. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:40 AM
"There must be something special about you. That you don't even know." Cleo surmises. Kind of creepy.

Riight. :smalltongue:

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:42 AM
Creeepy.

I'm pretty sure that if there was something special about me, I would know it, says the paladin.

Little does he (she?) know...Zophiel's WRONG!

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:44 AM
"Probably, but you can't know everything, can you?" Cleo says. "There must be something."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:53 AM
Oh. Right. This conversation is starting to get depressing, though, if you think about it.
So, a joke is in order.
"Maybe they're planning on sacrificing me to an infernal power, and that's why they've chosen those side? she suggests, praying that Cleo takes it as the joke that it is.

PallElendro
2010-02-14, 10:18 AM
Elendro peeks downstairs, hoping not to find Ecthelion.Is he here? Make the time at 42 hours!

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 11:06 AM
A little bit.
Cleo laughs. "Right. Why would they be so wasteful?" He jokes back.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:34 PM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1002/d13/2049/b7a2723.png

A very tired May walks down the stairs and gets a coffee.

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:36 PM
Nee waves to her.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:38 PM
May groggily waves to her and goes to sit down over at her table. "Ugh..."

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:39 PM
'S wrong, didn't sleep well?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:40 PM
May nods, taking a sip of coffee. "For someone who can read dreams I don't get a lot of sleep myself..."

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:43 PM
Aw.
I've gotten used to that, though in my case it's due to a very active baby.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:46 PM
May nods once more. "I don't know what it is though. I can't remember any of my own dreams, and it's not like I wake up sweating or scared, I just keep on waking up."

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:47 PM
Tried any of that standard "tea with honey and lemon" stuff?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 12:49 PM
May shakes her head. "None of that stuff really works. I've worked with enough insomniacs to know that."

Beans
2010-02-14, 12:52 PM
Sometimes it only works if the person believes it does. The placebo effect is a powerful thing to work with.
She shrugs.
Maybe you'll end up like me, adapting to working off less sleep.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 01:00 PM
"I suppose, but it hasn't happened yet." She takes another sip of coffee, it's too hot to drink yet. "So how was your night?"

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:02 PM
After little Zerik stopped kicking like an angry mule, pretty uneventful.
She rubs her belly.
((BRB, givin' stuff.))

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 01:10 PM
"Ah, so you already have a name for him... Or her." May is not familiar with the gender of the name Zerik, or the name itself.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:17 PM
It's a boy.
And yeah, I decided a name early.
((Friend is unable to hang out now, but will be later.))

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:18 PM
Meidani is currently sipping on a drink here.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 01:18 PM
May nods. "It's always good to get a headstart on the name." She takes a sip of coffee once more. "So what kind of name is Zerik anyway? It sound vaguely Germanic." Or made up.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:20 PM
Meidani might see this woman! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7885627&postcount=460)

Oh, I just made it up on the spot.
Nee shrugs.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:21 PM
What, no Tsuna? :smalltongue:

Meidani looks at her in interest.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:22 PM
Tsuna's screwing someone upstairs.

The woman sees her and gives a polite little wave of her white-gloved hand.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:23 PM
:tongue:

Meidani moves over. Hello.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 01:26 PM
Meidani might see this woman! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7885627&postcount=460)

Oh, I just made it up on the spot.
Nee shrugs.

"Ah. Who knows, maybe it'll catch on." May smiles.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:30 PM
Maybe.

The woman smiles at Mei.
Why hello there.
She's got a hint of a "stereotypical aristocrat Brit" accent. Silly foppish lady is silly and foppish.
Insanely, she doesn't want to jump Meidani's bones.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:31 PM
:smalltongue:

Why the horror!

Are you new here?

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:33 PM
She blinks her heart-pupiled eyes.
I am indeed.
My name is Jack of Hearts, though most call me Jacqueline or Jacky.
And who is it that I have the honor of addressing?
A straight woman? NOOOOOOOOOO!

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:36 PM
The horror! The horror!

My name is Meidani.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:38 PM
Pleased to meet you.
She twirls the flower-thingy she holds in one hand.
So, Meidani, would you mind telling me what exactly goes on in this place?
She probably sounds like Audrey, the woman who is on the right-hand couch at the start of this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeCMl4zDbY)

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:40 PM
Lots of stuff. There's adventures, fights, and whatever else you want.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:43 PM
Ah, I see.
Anyone in need of magic-users?

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure. You might want to ask the various organisations.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:49 PM
I'll be sure to do that...
By the way, something rather odd happened to me earlier.
A young lady with canine ears and a tail came up to me and seemed to be trying to seduce me...
I'm really a bit confused about that.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:50 PM
That'd be Tsuna. She's a cleric of Angela.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:52 PM
A lust cleric, I take it?
Well, that makes sense...

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 01:52 PM
Maybe.

"..." Awkward silence.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:53 PM
Yes, she is.

Beans
2010-02-14, 01:55 PM
That's actually a relief to hear.
I previously had feared that she might be a prostitute.
At least Jacky understands the difference.
---
Nee sips some tea.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:56 PM
No, she's not that by any means.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 01:58 PM
A little bit.
Cleo laughs. "Right. Why would they be so wasteful?" He jokes back.

Zophie's glad that Cleo got the joke. And, she's laughing, too.
Happy Sunday, everybody!

Also, I can have another character come in for now, if there's anybody without one at the moment.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:00 PM
Of course.
She nods.
Though it is a bit forward to seat oneself in another woman's lap, especially without knowing her preference...

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:01 PM
In walks a young woman, probably around 25. She has long dark brown hair, which has been put in to several braids, and pushed back with a large, hippie style head band. She wears several dirty layers of clothing, a tattered olive drab overcoat on top.
She wears jeans with patches, and steel toe boots. On her sleeves are two gold chevrons on top of each other, with a heart above both of them. Looks like a military rank.
On her hands are fingerless pink striped gloves.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 02:01 PM
Yeah, she is a bit impulsive in doing her clerical stuff, I'd say. But she doesn't mean any harm by it.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:03 PM
"I guess we could try sacrificing you, and see if that does anything special...?"
Happy Sunday, Valentine's Day, Death Metal Day, and Year of the Tiger!

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:04 PM
Indeed... I believe she is currently fulfilling her clerical duty with a young gentleman she met earlier.
Jacky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7885627&postcount=460) glances at the newcomer.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:05 PM
She moves to the bar and orders a drink.
She limps a bit.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 02:06 PM
Ah, I see.

{{Deadtime. Be back later}}

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:08 PM
"But who would we want us to sacrifice me to? Anybody in particular?" says the paladin, still laughing. It's kinda funny.

Violet, who has dark red hair, streaks of demonhood, mildly pointy incisors, and a whip at her side, (and her viola in the interdimensional case-thing she has) is the person who comes in. She still looks 18 years old, and she smiles and waves at everybody who will make eye contact with her.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:10 PM
She moves to the bar and orders a drink.
She limps a bit.
Jacky smiles at Violet, then approaches the new girl.
Pardon me, but are you in need of any assistance?

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:10 PM
"That's a tough one. I think I'd rather keep you for myself, no sacrifices." he says.

Nel would make eye contact with Violet, and smile and wave back. The tree has no eyes, but it waves at her.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:11 PM
What?
She jumps a bit.
No..
I'm fine.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:14 PM
All right.
If you don't mind my asking, are you new here as well?

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:15 PM
I-I just got here....
Today...
This is a bar.
Bars have booze.
I'm getting booze.
She talks very quickly and with an almost souther drawl.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:15 PM
Well, then, I guess we'll just have to settle for not finding out. says the paladin. That's a good thing, by the way. I don't want to have to sacrifice Zophiel.

So, after smilings and wavings are done (she's still doing it, though), she will walk over to Nel, and say, Hi! How are you doing?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:16 PM
May looks blearily at the newcomer as well, and she is very tired.

Félix is also here, drinking some wine.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:18 PM
I-I just got here....
Today...
This is a bar.
Bars have booze.
I'm getting booze.
She talks very quickly and with an almost souther drawl.
Southern drawl vs. upper-class British accent. YAY ACCENTS.
Ah.
I see.
Brb, soup.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:19 PM
"Yeah. We already know the answer anyway. There's something special to you."
Cleo says, nodding.
"I'm doing well. I haven't seen Alex or Seiner or anybody for a long while and Michalson is still alive, but otherwise, I'm great."
He sounds happy. "There was some evil paladin in here a while back, and a machine went out of control, but things are good.
What about you?"

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:22 PM
Booze is good...

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:22 PM
There is? Like what? asks Zophie, curious what Cleo thinks.

Violet will wave, and smile, and say "Hi!" to Félix or May, depending on which one gives her eye contact. Or, both.
"I've been really great, too. Went to this weird restaurant, and some other things."

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:25 PM
"Well, I don't know what it is yet."
Cleo shrugs.
"I mean, you're reasonable and nice, but that's not what they're after."

"Would you mind saying about the other things?" Nel asks her.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:30 PM
Booze is good...
Indeed it is...

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:31 PM
Zophia says, "We'll probably find that out sooner or later, hopefully." A shrug is merited here, too.

Of course. I met some new people, did some service, and Leo's getting better at magic. Yes, that's it, I think.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:32 PM
She drinks her heavy alcohol, frowning.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:34 PM
Jacky decides it's best to quietly back away and watch from a distance.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:34 PM
"Yeah." Cleo nods slowly. "Oh! Happy New Year!"

"Learn any new tricks with that whip?" he asks. Then he sighs.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:36 PM
She drinks until she gets very, very drunk.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:37 PM
Félix walks up to the very very drunk person, his own wine bottle in hand. "Ummm... You okay?"

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:39 PM
New Year...New year of which place? asks Zophia. She didn't know it was a new year.

Yes, I have, she says.
Then, she notices the sigh, What's wrong?

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:40 PM
'M fine...
How are you, cutie?

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:41 PM
Oh dear.
Jacky sees this and knows it's not gud.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:42 PM
Félix blinks, sitting down next to her. "Good...?" He pours himself a glass of wine. "Don't you think you are drinking too much?" He asks rather hypocritically.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:44 PM
I'm fine...
Just like you!
she giggles.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:44 PM
"The place I came from." Must be an alternate history of some sort, if that weren't obvious earlier.

"What sort? Oh, just that it's Valentine's Day today." Nel shrugs.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:45 PM
Félix laughs nervously, downing the glass in one gulp. "It'sh hard to argue there..." He says, pouring another glass for himself.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:46 PM
Jacky sighs quietly, holding her flower-like device.
Not good.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:47 PM
Do you have a girlfriend, cutie...?

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:48 PM
Oh. Happy New Year's, then, says Zophia. I figured as much, really.

Oh, right. It is! Violet giggles, I had completely forgotten.
It's not like she had a date, to remind her of it.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:49 PM
"Ummm... Not at the moment. I don't think." He says, displaying too much thought for a simple question.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:50 PM
"Thank you." Cleo says.

"Right. And only this tree to spend it with. And there was more trouble with time travel." He says quietly.

The tree isn't angry. It understands what he meant.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:51 PM
Well, I don't have a boyfriend...
She slides a bit closer.

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:51 PM
Jacky quietly casts a Detoxify at Felix, hoping to sober him up some.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:52 PM
Félix scoots slightly closer, before stopping as the spell takes effect. "Erm... How unfortunate. Well, I think that you'll have luck. It is Valentine's day after all."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 02:54 PM
"So what other holidays am I missing out on, then?" asks the paladin to her boyfriend. Or, the other way around, I'm not so sure.

There was? she says quietly. I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 02:56 PM
I found you.
Maybe I am already luck.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 02:56 PM
The boyfriend says to her paladin? :smalltongue:
"Oh, it's Valentine's day today. I should have gotten you flowers or something, but I didn't have the chance." Cleo says, apologetic.

Nel shakes his head. "Not really. It didn't happen to me; I don't know if I should say."

Beans
2010-02-14, 02:57 PM
Jacky casts another Detoxify at the drunk gal. Is it likely to totally sober her up? Nope.
But she will probably be less hammered.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 02:58 PM
Félix smiles nervously. "I'm- Uh, not really looking for a relationship at this moment. Sorry." He shifts away slightly.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-14, 03:02 PM
Yeah. Something like that.
But I got you flowers, earlier, says Zophia. "So, that counts, I guess. Or, we could get some later." It's no big deal, though. Zophia wasn't expecting to get flowers anyway, only to give them.

Okay, alright. You don't have to say, says Violet. If she could read minds, she wouldn't do it, because of privacy.

Well, I hope you feel better. About having to spend Valentine's day with a tree.

Because she's having to deadtime. As is the paladin. Bye!

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 03:04 PM
"Okay."

"Thank you. I'll try." He's actually not going to. He's going to go wander back streets, depressed.

Bye!

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:04 PM
B- o-okay...
She looks around angrily...

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:06 PM
Jacky is sipping some tea, having tucked her flower behind her ear.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:06 PM
Y-you!
she stands, a bit wobbly.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:07 PM
I beg your pardon?
She raises an eyebrow, setting the tea down and taking her flower from behind her ear.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:08 PM
Why did you make me sober?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:09 PM
Félix looks at them, putting away the wine bottle. He watches with interest.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:10 PM
Because being turned down while fully intoxicated may have lead to a rather unpleasant result.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:12 PM
So?
Now I have to spend the rest of the ****ing day sober, thinking about it!

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:15 PM
If being drunk is really that necessary, I could reverse what I did.
Though either way, you'll still probably think about it tomorrow. At least being sober means you don't also have a hangover to deal with next morning.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:16 PM
She sighs and frowns.
J-just...
Just leave me alone...
She goes to limp out the door.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:19 PM
Jacky doesn't stop her...
However, after she leaves, Nee will follow her out.

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:19 PM
She's followed out.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:21 PM
[Outside the Inn]
You look lonely.
She sounds sympathetic.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:21 PM
Félix walks up to Jacky. "Err... Thanks I guess."

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:23 PM
Posted on Inside thread.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:26 PM
Félix walks up to Jacky. "Err... Thanks I guess."

You're welcome.
I'm glad that didn't turn out worse than it did.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:26 PM
Félix nods. "Do you know her or anything?"

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:29 PM
Félix nods. "Do you know her or anything?"

Not at all.
She shakes her head.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:34 PM
"Hmmm... I guess it's just the downside of Valentine's day. You have the shy people asking people out, but you also have the desperate people who will just try to get with everyone..." He sighs, sitting down.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:36 PM
Indeed.
She nods solemnly.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:37 PM
"And of course, then you get those fellows who are still too scared to ask people out." He sighs once more.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:39 PM
I've seen that firsthand.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:40 PM
"You're looking at one." Félix says as he puts his head on the table.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:41 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that...
She considers whether or not to intervene with magic.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:43 PM
"Ugh..." Félix sighs. "Stupid Valentine's day."

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:48 PM
If I may ask, is there somebody in particular you were hoping to ask out?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:50 PM
"Just a friend of mine. She sort of saved my life a while back..." He says, raising his head from the table.

Beans
2010-02-14, 03:54 PM
((Where is Perky anyway?))
I see.
She's considering giving poor Felix a little confidence boost.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 03:57 PM
((In the void known as not currently being played at the moment))

"It's just that I've been really nice to her so far, and she hasn't gotten the hint yet, which makes me think that she's not interested."

Quinsar
2010-02-14, 03:57 PM
Upstairs, cleaning.

Beans
2010-02-14, 04:04 PM
Jacky's flower-holding hand drops casually below the table.
She attempts to cast (silently) a small confidence-boosting charm on Felix.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:09 PM
Félix sighs once more, and then blinks. "I suppose I should at least try..." He says as he stands up. "Thanks for listening to me, I think it really helped." He smiles and finishes his glass of wine. He then rushes upstairs.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:33 PM
Joneleth walks back into the inn and sits at a table near the center of it. He's realized how silly he was being.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:37 PM
Félix walks downstairs, whistling. He seems really happy.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:41 PM
Joneleth waves to him. "Hey. What's made you so happy?"

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:43 PM
Félix realizes his whistling and soon stops. "I have a date tonight, with the prettiest girl I've ever met." His big stupid grin remains.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:44 PM
Joneleth nods. "Good luck to you, then." He smiles.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:46 PM
Félix nods. "The name's Félix, by the way."

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:47 PM
"Joneleth. Nice to meet you."

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:49 PM
Félix smiles. "So, do you have any plans for this wonderful, wonderful day?" He asks, despite absolutely hating Valentine's just ten minutes earlier.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:52 PM
He shakes his head. "No. I haven't seen my girlfriend in any recent time to make them." He doesn't seem to mind much anymore.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:53 PM
"Ah, that's a shame. Do you have any way of reaching her?"

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 04:56 PM
"Not that I know. And I've never managed to find her at home."
He pulls a sheet of paper out of his pocket and looks at it.
"Maybe I've got an idea."
((Though I'll offer good odds Beans has forgotten the character again. :smalltongue:))

Shades of Gray
2010-02-14, 04:57 PM
"Ah, well, best of luck. But I need to get ready for my date." Félix smiles as he leaves the tavern.

Beans
2010-02-14, 04:58 PM
I have, actually.
Let's just say, um... she's started sleeping a lot more or something...
She's probably at home, asleep, right now.

Recaiden
2010-02-14, 05:01 PM
"To you to, Félix." Joneleth waves as he leaves, pulls out a phone from his pocket, and starts walking outside.
"Say, Van, would you mind finding me someone? Present tense, referenced, couldn't be more than a point. ... Fine, 1.5. Thanks. If I can't find them normally, of course. No charging me already."

horngeek
2010-02-14, 05:38 PM
Meidani undeadtimes now, and looks around.

Mee
2010-02-14, 06:51 PM
Meidani undeadtimes now, and looks around.

He/she may notice Kwen at the bar.
Kwen appears to be a female half-elf, with blue hair, glowing blue eyes, and in a green, fairly tight, and fairly revealing dress.
She's sitting at the bar, sipping at some Melon Juice.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 07:04 PM
Meidani (who is female) looks at Kwen in interest.

She has dark skin and blue hair.

Mee
2010-02-14, 07:06 PM
Meidani (who is female) looks at Kwen in interest.

She has dark skin and blue hair.

Kwen doesn't notice.
She seems to be drowning sorrows in non-alcoholic melon juice.

horngeek
2010-02-14, 07:07 PM
Meidani walks over, and sits next to Kwen.