PDA

View Full Version : ACRONYM OOC XIII: Now back to our regularly scheduled numerals.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

iElf
2010-04-11, 01:10 PM
just so as you know, I'm going to be in Paris from tomorrow morning still Friday, and won't be posting during that time. XtheYeti can god mod Din during that time if he wants to.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 01:13 PM
Well, I guess I just made a character, well, made him awhile ago just posted his bio recently. I'm not sure what the protocol is now.

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 01:15 PM
Start roleplaying with him. Just drop him into Trog's or Taverna or any public thread. But starting in a Tavern is best. Don't want to mess with the classics.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 01:27 PM
Well, actually I joined an organization and all that, I'm just asking do I just wait for my character to be confirmed?

EleventhHour
2010-04-11, 01:28 PM
No need for that, heck, you don't even need to write the character registration. Just have fun! :smallbiggrin:

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 01:29 PM
OK, got it.

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 01:35 PM
Yeah, there's no one in charge here to approve people. We don't need it. Acro is run with all the grace and precision of a military operation. If said military was staffed entirely by attention deficit seven year olds with an unlimited supply of sugar.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 01:38 PM
Hmm...I probably should put that in my sig.

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 01:39 PM
Yeah, there's no one in charge here to approve people. We don't need it. Acro is run with all the grace and precision of a military operation. If said military was staffed entirely by attention deficit seven year olds with an unlimited supply of sugar.

...you people really need to stop saying awesome crap like that. I don't have room in my sig for all this pure gold....

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 02:20 PM
Norosa

Magtok shrugs. Personally, he doesn't care much for elves, their arrogance, or their politics, but is willing to play along here in the hopes of winning some free mooks to order around.

What about playing dead? Pretend to abdicate the throne, leave it open for any potential Correllon assault, and then go for the kill when they try to take back power "for the people" or whatever they do. Capture whomever is sent, assuming you don't already have captives of their sort, and interrogate until you get a list of names and places?

Balzamal would officially like to apply to get classes from Magtok on how to be a better villain without using OP bull crap.

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 02:22 PM
Take a number, Bal. Take a number.

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 02:23 PM
Take a number, Bal. Take a number.

I know!!!! It's not fair! Magtok is like the single most awesome Villain ever. I'm too used to playing Pencil and Paper villains and having to worry about the party just killing them.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 02:25 PM
Yea, but there's a problem with the plan. What if a loyalist chooses to claim the throne, rather than a traitor?

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 02:28 PM
You claim he's a traitor and kill him anyway. You're evil, right?

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 02:29 PM
You claim he's a traitor and kill him anyway. You're evil, right?

YAY! Evil gets all the fun! I loves it.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 02:30 PM
Trouble is, I'm also a king of a nation. I need to keep a good PR. Otherwise the number of traitors may increase.

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 02:33 PM
Trouble is, I'm also a king of a nation. I need to keep a good PR. Otherwise the number of traitors may increase.

No. You are Evil You rule as you wish, and if any are foolish enough to stand up to you they die...and saying you rule the whole elven race like that, when a very many PC's are Elves is generally considered bad form.

Darkcomet
2010-04-11, 02:34 PM
I had written it off as 'elves of that universe/plane/whatever'.

'tis what is usually done, I think.

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 02:47 PM
Yus. My Ostari elves would be very surprised to discover they have a king, and they don't worship Corellin whoever either.

Anyway, if the person is loyal, they'd gladly step down to let you take back your throne. If they don't, you proclaim them a traitor and pwn them.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-11, 05:40 PM
Yea, Magtok said as much.

horngeek
2010-04-11, 05:43 PM
On an unrelated note: what's the most unusual power type a character has ever had in ACRO?

iElf
2010-04-11, 05:46 PM
what do you mean by power type?

happyturtle
2010-04-11, 05:56 PM
Do you mean what kind of power your character wields or what kind of stuff they can control? psionics, cybernetics, shadow magic, anime style martial arts, soul nomming, etc.

If so, I'd say Vincent, being powered by computer rpg tropes.

The Bushranger
2010-04-11, 08:56 PM
Vincent, definitly Vincent.

Also, Elly...looking at your avatar...I didn't know there were catgirl van Pelts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_van_Pelt). :smalleek::smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-04-11, 09:10 PM
I agree. Vincent takes the prize. There's nothing he can't do, if you add the words "Cut-Scene" to it. :smallsmile:

Je dit Viola
2010-04-11, 09:11 PM
Yes; he's very hilarious.

And I like his sword, as well. I have a character who dual-wields big fat swords, but Vincent's younger so it counts more.

Beans
2010-04-11, 09:16 PM
I just misread Dusklands as Ducklands.

Quack!

The Bushranger
2010-04-11, 09:19 PM
Don't quack up...

http://www.superducktours.com.au/images/super-duck-tours.gif

horngeek
2010-04-11, 09:26 PM
Hmmm... bored right now. :smalltongue:

XtheYeti
2010-04-11, 10:41 PM
Assuming that means he does start to play it Angie's voice comes out of it.

Her voice is quiet and comes and goes, long pauses breaking up her speech. Sometimes she seems to be struggling saying the words.

I don't know what is going to happen. Something feels different. It's never been like this before, I'm so... filled with hate. God's I find it hard to think of anything but killing Bal.

I've felt this hate before, but not in a long time. I don't know if I am going to be able to take care of him, but I will try, I will do anything to do it.

Her voice becomes cold and hard, and she doesn't speak for a long time.

No one here seems to care about what happened to me. I thought they might understand, but instead they strap me down. Damn them I know it was just an illusion...

Her voice cuts out tears can be heard for a second before the tape stops, obviously not recording for a bit. Before starting up again sounding cold again.

I don't know if I will ever be able to return here. So goodbye if you guys find this. It was hard for me to even record this, I don't know why I am. So screw it.

Balzamal Bandor 1
HALO and the forces of good in general 0

I Win. No matter what the out come is now. I have won.

(Yes, that was Bal speaking)

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 03:43 AM
I had a dream about donuts. The donuts were in a locked box with a poison needle trap. I defeated the trap by tying a loaf of bread around my throat so the needle went into the bread instead of me.

Then I woke up and there were no donuts. :smallfrown:

So the moral of the story is... if you see a guy with bread tied to his neck, he's probably out to rob you. And the other moral is that my town needs a donut delivery service.

horngeek
2010-04-13, 03:55 AM
*blinks*

...Happy, you have awesome dreams.

Unlike me. I never remember what I dreamed about. Also, even though the spellchecker says 'dreamed' is right, it still sounds wrong.

Also, I find myself with an idea for another character.

...subverting every single other character I've ever tried, ever, this character will not have access to any magic, Exalted abilities, or anything like that. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 04:54 AM
That just means you sleep better than I do. Unless you wake up during the dream phase, you don't remember it.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs045.snc3/13302_10100202337905063_5259812_59477665_6036547_n .jpg

horngeek
2010-04-13, 04:59 AM
...Happy? That's awesome. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 05:06 AM
Happyturtle: Serving Acro's lolcat needs since 2008.

Boo
2010-04-13, 06:39 AM
Guh... I have to figure out whether I like South America better than South-East Asia or vise versa... Peru vs. Indonesia vs. Argentina vs. Singapore... Dammit.

...I may as well repost this picture (that I showed in a chat) since I'm sure a lot of people would find it amusing:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/042/9/0/Elevate_Year_4_Map_by_jermilex.jpg

Artist: http://jermilex.deviantart.com/

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 06:41 AM
South America has Smee
Southeast Asia has Kid Kris

... wow, that's like the impossible choice! :smalleek:

(Awesome picture is awesome.)

horngeek
2010-04-13, 06:49 AM
Pick neither! Come to Australia! :smallbiggrin:

We have pet kangaroos!

Disclaimer: The author of this post does not, in fact, know anyone who actually owns a pet kangaroo.

Furthermore, he believes this might be something like trying to keep a pet bull.

Boo
2010-04-13, 06:58 AM
I'll visit Australia someday, but I'll stay cooped up in a hotel room at the highest floor to make sure I'm not killed by spiders, kangaroos, jellyfish, (feral) cats, scorpions, snakes, ants, fish, or an assortment of fruits.

Morty
2010-04-13, 10:29 AM
That reminds me of the "No kangaroos in Austria" t-shirts I saw during my trip to Austria.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:07 PM
AMEN, attacking the Embassy was a very stupid idea. There will be dire consequences for attacking after being allowed to leave peacefully.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 02:10 PM
Somehow, I think they already knew what was going to happen (after all, it was filled with probably the most powerful people here in the Nexus), and for some reason, I don't think they mind so much.

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:14 PM
Consequences? The only thing that AMEN did is make the exalted fight back, and even if the amenites die, they come back. This, and the base of AMEN make them a force which can only be contained, not defeated for good.

Which means, they are one of the groups best able to with exalted.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:20 PM
Consequences? The only thing that AMEN did is make the exalted fight back, and even if the amenites die, they come back. This, and the base of AMEN make them a force which can only be contained, not defeated for good.

Which means, they are one of the groups best able to with exalted.

AMEN disrupted the party with the threat of violence. AMEN, after being allowed to leave free and unharmed, turned around and attacked the Embassy in a fit of petty anger and stupidity.

I will say that I underestimated just how stupid Gordon is, but I've not been exercising the full capabilities of Exalted. Now the gloves will come off.

What about AMEN's base makes it so impregnable, anyway? There's nothing about it in the first post.

Goblin Music
2010-04-13, 02:22 PM
that is just it, it is indestructible (and insiscribable) and navigation is an art that almost always fails.

Chaotic Bob
2010-04-13, 02:24 PM
Indestructibility for indestructibility's sake is boring.
So says the carrot.

Morty
2010-04-13, 02:25 PM
Normally I'd throw some snarky comments about the bloated power levels and stuff, but in this case AMEN kind of asked for it and they aren't exactly low-powered either.

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:25 PM
AMEN disrupted the party with the threat of violence. AMEN, after being allowed to leave free and unharmed, turned around and attacked the Embassy in a fit of petty anger and stupidity.

I will say that I underestimated just how stupid Gordon is, but I've not been exercising the full capabilities of Exalted. Now the gloves will come off.

What about AMEN's base makes it so impregnable, anyway? There's nothing about it in the first post.

Simple, its not impregnable, its a death trap. Anything or any one who goes there is at the mercy of the AMENites. The base is changes, and the basement is full of monsters, plus AMENites would be popping up to deal with you in seconds.

Here is something else, Gordon is playing nice, and not using the superweapon on the embassy. So its not stupid, its venting, cause he knows that they cannot actually kill him for good, so it doesn't matter if he dies or not.

D_Lord
2010-04-13, 02:26 PM
they blow it up at the end of their thread and get a new one way fast.
Amen's base is easy to get into most of the time, hard to get out. If your still alive.:smallwink:

Goblin Music
2010-04-13, 02:27 PM
true on all accounts.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 02:28 PM
I'll be sure not to siscribe it then. :smalltongue:

But srsly, it isn't exactly good sportsmanship to have an impenetrable base from which you launch attacks on the rest of Acro. Also, it's kind of dull.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 02:29 PM
Which is why the attack is being launched from the Embassy, and not the AMEN base.

Dullness and boringness would be dull and boring. And, since I'm pretty sure that AMEN is supposed to run on the Rule of Fun, then if everything was dull and boring, then AMEN would cease to exist.

D_Lord
2010-04-13, 02:30 PM
Amen founded ACRO, all of Acro came to be because of it. AMEN first, than Halo started to counter it, and then others. But AMEN was the first.

Morty
2010-04-13, 02:31 PM
Aside from what Happyturtle said, I hope you guys realize power isn't exactly impressive in a freeform enviornment. I mean, I can start describing my characters as breaking people's spines by frowning with exactly zero effort.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:33 PM
Simple, its not impregnable, its a death trap. Anything or any one who goes there is at the mercy of the AMENites. The base is changes, and the basement is full of monsters, plus AMENites would be popping up to deal with you in seconds.

A death trap, eh? We'll see.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 02:34 PM
Amen founded ACRO, all of Acro came to be because of it. AMEN first, than Halo started to counter it, and then others. But AMEN was the first.

*gives AMEN a shiny FIRST!!!!!!11!!!1 tag*

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:34 PM
Which is why the attack is being launched from the Embassy, and not the AMEN base.

Dullness and boringness would be dull and boring. And, since I'm pretty sure that AMEN is supposed to run on the Rule of Fun, then if everything was dull and boring, then AMEN would cease to exist.

Correct.
As for the exalted, well, I think they are too overpowered for most plots. Any villian other than a exalted they will win against, without even getting touched. That's also boring, cause that makes any nonexalted useless.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 02:35 PM
I realize that. Hence why all of my characters are on approxamately the same power level as yours, Morty.

Any of mine vs an Exalted is outmatched in power. In fact, any of mine vs a wizard is outmatched, except Helen because she can teleport and Will because he can flank with his wolf, and he can pretend to teleport.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:37 PM
That is exactly why I have been providing my own villains and generally not showing off their power in their interactions with others. But since AMEN went ahead and made themselves a target, I don't see that you have any reason to complain.

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:39 PM
Then you can't complain about AMEN hitting you with anything short of their superweapon, okay?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 02:40 PM
I'm not complaining, I don't think.

(I think) we are trying to make it able for you to have people fighting against your people without having to hold back so much or having to create your own villains.

If it's not fun, just say so. If it is...let's crank it up to 11.

AmberVael
2010-04-13, 02:41 PM

Actually, this isn't quite correct.

AMEN, EVIL, HALO and the like existed on their own, isolated in their own threads for the most part. Acronymia only came to exist when the various Acronym groups sort of meshed their roleplaying environments in a single area, which really could only occur the way it did because all the Acronyms were moved to the Free Form Roleplay forum, and thus could spread across threads in a coherent manner.

This forum really only exists because Town once used the same format.

Town began before AMEN did.

Still want to say you were first? :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:42 PM
I didn't say we were first, he did. But of the groups, AMEN is the oldest one still around.

Morty
2010-04-13, 02:51 PM
That is exactly why I have been providing my own villains and generally not showing off their power in their interactions with others. But since AMEN went ahead and made themselves a target, I don't see that you have any reason to complain.

As a bit of a tangentially related note: if, say, NO accepted a contract that interfered with the Embassy's interests, would you consider it "making themselves a target" and a signal to "take the gloves off"?

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 02:52 PM
As long as you don't retreat into an impregnable base that can't be counterattacked with any hope of success, I don't think there will be any complaints. Except that GM needs to watch the god-modding. :smalltongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:53 PM
Then you can't complain about AMEN hitting you with anything short of their superweapon, okay?

I don't think I was complaining. Well, not about the conflict in and of itself. Mainly the timing. :smalltongue:

As a bit of a tangentially related note: if, say, NO accepted a contract that interfered with the Embassy's interests, would you consider it "making themselves a target" and a signal to "take the gloves off"?

Interfering with their interests is not the same as directly attacking the Embassy, and would not provoke the same level of response.

EleventhHour
@Happy : So does Iames. But hey.

::Blah. You ninja.

Morty
What I'd like to know is whether or not NO or any other low-powered group would be blasted into oblivion in such a case.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 02:56 PM
@Happy : So does Iames. But hey.

::Blah. You ninja.

Have I been godmodding? Where? :smalleek:

What I'd like to know is whether or not NO or any other low-powered group would be blasted into oblivion in such a case.

Responded. See the edit in my above post.

ThePhantom
2010-04-13, 02:56 PM
As long as you don't retreat into an impregnable base that can't be counterattacked with any hope of success, I don't think there will be any complaints. Except that GM needs to watch the god-modding. :smalltongue:

Well, the rule of drama, or the rule of funny can make the AMEN base not a deathtrap. And I'm sorry about the timing, but I sometimes overreact, plus its a villian, villians have a history of overreacting.

Lord Magtok
2010-04-13, 02:58 PM

What does this have to do with anything? :smallconfused:

Morty
2010-04-13, 02:58 PM
Responded. See the edit in my above post.

Hm. I guess I'm fine with that. Life can be hard for low-powered ACRO characters who get involved in things.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 03:03 PM
Hm. I guess I'm fine with that. Life can be hard for low-powered ACRO characters who get involved in things.

Obviously, they're going to respond somehow. But you don't need to worry about getting pounded into oblivion, as you put it, unless you directly attack them. And part of why I'm responding so strongly is because it's also an attack on the guests currently at the Embassy.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 03:03 PM

You could just do what I do (which I learned from Rebonack).

Write longer, more detailed posts with powerful-sounding words* , so people think that the people described in it are stronger and more powerful than they actually are. Especially if you use non-standard tactics.
(Actually, this might also explain why I have so many dead characters...)

*(Flames made from the Souls of the Innocent, Sanctified demonfire, Bitter and dark dragonfire...are three of the twelve ways that I use to describe all of my characters' firelike abilities and they all do the exact same thing: Burn)

Goblin Music
2010-04-13, 03:05 PM

old habits die hard:smallsmile::smalltongue:
and i am improving! right?

EleventhHour
2010-04-13, 03:05 PM
>.>

I was going to quote your post and point out stuff, but that's a bother. Just get on MSN, would you?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 03:06 PM
Can't, I'm in class.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 03:06 PM
Viola, I think the reason you have so many dead characters is because you keep killing them off yourself. :smallwink:

Morty
2010-04-13, 03:07 PM
Obviously, they're going to respond somehow. But you don't need to worry about getting pounded into oblivion, as you put it, unless you directly attack them. And part of why I'm responding so strongly is because it's also an attack on the guests currently at the Embassy.

To clarify futher, does infintration count as a "direct attack"? And how big of a chance would a regular, competent spy have?

You could just do what I do (which I learned from Rebonack).

Write longer, more detailed posts with powerful-sounding words (Flames made from the Souls of the Innocent, Sanctified demonfire, Bitter and dark dragonfire...are three of the twelve ways that I use to describe all of my characters' firelike abilities) , so people think that the people described in it are stronger and more powerful than they actually are. Especially if you use non-standard tactics.
(Actually, this might also explain why I have so many dead characters...)

Oh, that works of course. As does scaling the power level - Wenomir, for instance, can go toe-to-toe with Exalts or Calublufiok or whatever one time and fight on equal terms with regular enemies the other time. But it only works to an extent.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 03:08 PM
Viola, I think the reason you have so many dead characters is because you keep killing them off yourself. :smallwink:

I do not. :smallannoyed:

I can tell you how every single one of them died. And maybe only 2 4 were killed by one of my other characters.

((Scaling Power is good, too. I like that as well, I do that with my favorite characters.))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-04-13, 03:13 PM
To clarify futher, does infintration count as a "direct attack"? And how big of a chance a regular, competent spy have?

It depends on the objective of the infiltration, to be honest. Someone doing simple intelligence gathering has a good chance of going undetected.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 03:35 PM
Anyone interested in a random encounter at Trog's? Or is the Embassy battle using up all teh players?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 03:40 PM
I would do it, if nobody else wants to and you really want to do it.

...except, right now, all I have are 7 elemental wolves in Trog's, and I'm currently writing a 15-something page essay for my religion class. (It's due tonight, by the way, which is why I started it this morning)

So, if you really want to do it, I'll have the elemental wolf pack participate.
(...:smallsigh: They were supposed to be a random encounter, but I had forgotten that they existed)

Morty
2010-04-13, 03:45 PM
It depends on the objective of the infiltration, to be honest. Someone doing simple intelligence gathering has a good chance of going undetected.

I see. Sorry if it seems like I'm pestering you with questions, but power level is a sensitive and important issue for me.
I may throw Michalson there, seeing as Dipsnig and Wenomir are tied up elsewhere and the rest of my characters are noncombatants.

UncleWolf
2010-04-13, 03:49 PM
Anyone interested in a random encounter at Trog's? Or is the Embassy battle using up all teh players?

I can GM one. Or were you offering to?

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 03:50 PM
I was offering to run one, if there were bored players around.

horngeek
2010-04-13, 03:51 PM
What does this have to do with anything? :smallconfused:

To my opinion, nothing. GLoG was old, and nothing stopped it being blown up.

Quite frankly, AMEN is now open to destruction (whithin reason), because it's now attacked others.

UncleWolf
2010-04-13, 03:52 PM
I was offering to run one, if there were bored players around.

I can dust off Wallcroft then. I'd do Maelly, but I doubt he'd be a good one to simply toss in. <.<

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 03:54 PM
To my opinion, nothing. GLoG was old, and nothing stopped it being blown up.

Quite frankly, AMEN is now open to destruction (whithin reason), because it's now attacked others.

Godmoding is also allowed in AMEN, to a limited extent. So long as you don't get other people angry, I think.

And...AMEN has always attacked others. When I first joined Town (Not ACRO because everybody ignored me all the time), AMEN was attacking people left and right.

Anyway, I'll get back to writing that. I have...3 hours left, and about 5 more pages.

Edit: And there'll probably be bored players now, I think.

Earl of Purple
2010-04-13, 03:57 PM
I have little to do at the moment as, whilst my character at the Embassy can fly, she isn't suicidal. She's survived 4,000 years in the Abyss and plans on surviving a lot longer. So she's waiting for the ground troops to arrive.

Boo
2010-04-13, 05:48 PM
When other organisations/people attack AMEN, they can't be godmodded even inside the base. Godmodding is generally reserved for members only. Plus, Magtok/Draken/Benny could just repossess their stuff and prevent cloning from being done. I forget who was the last one to install the cloning machines.

I just hope this doesn't turn into AMEN vs. HALO all over again.

...If I spot a single reset button there will be a boring, godmodded coup d'état so fast...

billtodamax
2010-04-13, 06:08 PM
Unlike me. I never remember what I dreamed about. Also, even though the spellchecker says 'dreamed' is right, it still sounds wrong.

In Other News:

Maybe your brain is thinking of dreamt? Despite the fact that my spellchecker says it's wrong, it's an acceptable past-tense form of dream, as is dreamed.

My spellchecker's just an idiot. >.<

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dreamed
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dreamt

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:10 PM
In other news, we have an in-organization fight!

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:15 PM
In other news, we have an in-organization fight!

Because T L wouldn't let Bal leave to go on his mission.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:17 PM
No, because Bal was being an arrogant son of a [bleep] that apparently X made JUST FOR THAT REASON.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:27 PM
No, because Bal was being an arrogant son of a [bleep] that apparently X made JUST FOR THAT REASON.

Actually I made him to be my HALO character Ark's main enemy. Which he has been doing a pretty good job of. Now back to H.A.T.S. I am trying to end the pointless fight.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:31 PM
I just did, and did it with a crowning moment of Heartwarming and Awesome at the same time.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:32 PM
I just did, and did it with a crowning moment of Heartwarming and Awesome at the same time.
Your mileage may vary.

I know that mine very certainly does. :|

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:33 PM
How come? I consider the fact that a Magnificent Bastard can actually love someone pretty heartwarming.

And I think Valeera's threat and chess metaphor were awesome.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:35 PM

Seriously...You remind me of Pally Elendro.

And no. nothing about that warmed my heart, nor was any of the threat awesome. Since she can't carry it out. And Chess is over used.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:36 PM
... Well, yes, but you wrote it.

The thing is, I haven't seen Tyrion as a Magnificent Bastard. Yet.
I understand that's how you have him in your head, etc, but all I've seen is an elf dude who's a magic-user and a king and got into a d[censored]-waving contest with Bal.

We don't know these characters yet, so it's rather early to claim CMOA/H-time.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:37 PM
Uh, tell me why she can't? Is he somehow immune to sneak attacks, poison, physical damage, and all chemicals?

And who's Pally Elendro?

And may I point out that he wasn't the King of Elves before. Neither was Fandral God. They were members of an obscure LE offshoot of elves that sprung up about 1700 years ago. How do you think that this even happened?

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 06:39 PM
How come? I consider the fact that a Magnificent Bastard can actually love someone pretty heartwarming.

And I think Valeera's threat and chess metaphor were awesome.

They're supposed to be able to love someone. That's part of the magnificent.

And no one in real life ever uses that metaphor, because everyone knows it.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:40 PM
Uh, tell me why she can't? Is he somehow immune to sneak attacks, poison, physical damage, and all chemicals?

And who's Pally Elendro?

Pally is Pally. We shall not speak of him.

And Bal cannot be killed permanently unless Ark is also dead. Read their character descriptions in the registry. You can kill him all you want, he'll just come back.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:40 PM
Is he capable of feeling pain?

I never said Valeera was going to kill him...

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:42 PM
Is he capable of feeling pain?

I never said Valeera was going to kill him...

His girlfriend tortures him every time they are together, and she's the goddess of darkness. Bal is a Masochist.

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 06:42 PM
And who's Pally Elendro?

And may I point out that he wasn't the King of Elves before. Neither was Fandral God. They were members of an obscure LE offshoot of elves that sprung up about 1700 years ago. How do you think that this even happened?

Pally. :smalleek: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=48978.)

Because of some history you know but we don't.

McBish
2010-04-13, 06:43 PM
Hey hey hey now... Dibs on causing Bal Pain. Also maybe killing Ark to kill them both.

What, he wanted a broken Angie.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:43 PM
...So you have someone who comes back to life and is a complete masochist? Seriously, what the hell.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:44 PM

And who's Pally Elendro?

... I know barely ANYTHING about these characters, because they've barely had enough time to sit down at the metaphorical table and put their napkins in their laps.

When I actually see stuff happen, not Informed Magnificent Bastardry, then I'll agree. Until then, you get to have a cockney cyborg girl shout at you in small text.

And Bal is an insufferable, overpowered git. He's vain, narcissistic, and has yet to display (to me, at least) any redeeming qualities.

Darkcomet
2010-04-13, 06:44 PM
Try chucking him into a sensory deprivation chamber.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:45 PM
Right, Numbing Poison...fufufufufu...

I suck at roleplaying...don't I... :smallfrown:

ApeofLight
2010-04-13, 06:45 PM
Try chucking him into a sensory deprivation chamber.

Hahaha, that would be great. And would probably drive him insane.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:46 PM
He'll pull something out of his arse to get out of it. Don't tell me you don't expect him to.

X, don't deny that he wouldn't. Just don't. Lying is naughty.

It's not that you suck at RPing, you just need to be patient and give us time to know your characters.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 06:46 PM

And who's Pally Elendro?

Like Beans said, they've probably done lots of cool and badass stuff in the backstory, but none of the characters in the thread or the players reading it have seen them do anything particularly impressive yet. When characters do epic stuff onscreen, their players won't have to convince people, because we'll all be telling each other 'Hey, you should go read this thread. So and so TOTALLY KICKED ASS!'

Work for that moment. Cause when you earn one of those, it's awesome. :smallbiggrin:

((And definitely don't give up. I've heard rumors that even Magtok was a newb once who couldn't roleplay.))

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:47 PM
Hey hey hey now... Dibs on causing Bal Pain. Also maybe killing Ark to kill them both.

What, he wanted a broken Angie.

Yeah Angie has Dibs on Bal.

And Beans, Bal isn't supposed to have any redeeming qualities. He's Ark's opposite.

And T L. Yes, what the hell. He's meant to be hard for my HALO character to deal with, and due to the power level of HALO, he has to be annoyingly powerful.

Tyrion L.
2010-04-13, 06:48 PM
Got it, thanks.

I sort of have personalities worked out for my characters.

McBish
2010-04-13, 06:49 PM
Hey now, that is very close to what I was thinking about doing to him, but in a more permanent manner.

Too bad one of the weaker members of HALO is going after him.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:50 PM
And T L. Yes, what the hell. He's meant to be hard for my HALO character to deal with, and due to the power level of HALO, he has to be annoyingly powerful.
*slaps about head*
What's that? I can't hear you over the deafening roar of how much you are perpetuating the vicious cycle. I am going to keep being a barbarous pedant and denying you and Doom pudding if you keep up this silly carpbollocks.

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 06:51 PM
I've only seen the one awesome post here. Are my standards just too high?

EleventhHour
2010-04-13, 06:52 PM
I've only seen the one awesome post here. Are my standards just too high?

Depends. Who's was it? :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 06:53 PM
Depends. Who's was it? :smalltongue:

Wolfbane, of course.

Now that I type that, I think it could be just my previous pro-Wolfbane bias that sets that post above all the actually awesome posts. Hmm.:smallconfused:

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:53 PM
*slaps about head*
What's that? I can't hear you over the deafening roar of how much you are perpetuating the vicious cycle. I am going to keep being a barbarous pedant and denying you and Doom pudding if you keep up this silly carpbollocks.

...Yes I am helping keep the cycle going. But if a general consensus were reached to lower the OP characters power was reached I would love to down grade Ark and Bal.

EleventhHour
2010-04-13, 06:55 PM
Wolfbane, of course.

Now that I type that, I think it could be just my previous pro-Wolfbane bias that sets that post above all the actually awesome posts. Hmm.:smallconfused:

Wolfie does write some pretty awesome stuff, so that's fair. But there are some other wonderful ones out there.

McBish
2010-04-13, 06:55 PM
I will down grade Bal, down grade hard. Bwahaha.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 06:57 PM
I will down grade Bal, down grade hard. Bwahaha.

And I will make sure to let you. But it will have to be temporary, cause for now, Ark is going to stay annoyingly powerful, and I is his mirror.

UncleWolf
2010-04-13, 06:57 PM
Wolfbane, of course.

Heh, thanks. Sadly that had to be retconned out. :smallfrown:

Personally, my favorites are mostly Magtok's Song's. I had Winter Slaughterland stuck in my head for days.

Beans
2010-04-13, 06:58 PM
...Yes I am helping keep the cycle going. But if a general consensus were reached to lower the OP characters power was reached I would love to down grade Ark and Bal.
You do know I'm going to be insufferable until you and Doom both agree to power down, regardless of any other force online or in the known universe, right?

McBish
2010-04-13, 06:59 PM
Well then crazy Angie will have to down grade Ark as well.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 07:00 PM
You do know I'm going to be insufferable until you and Doom both agree to power down, regardless of any other force online or in the known universe, right?

...Yeah yeah yeah. Ark doesn't fight much though...Will it satisfy you if I do as BR does with BR the character, and try to keep him out of fights?

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 07:00 PM
Scalable power. Downgrade Bal and Ark unless they are facing an opponent that is the match for their current power level.

Beans... have I told you how much I'm enjoying Margaret? She's great.

Edit@X: And you shouldn't quasi-retire a character that you're still having fun playing, which obviously you are.

McBish
2010-04-13, 07:02 PM
I agree with Happy, Margret is great to read.

Beans
2010-04-13, 07:03 PM
Thanks, I love Margaret too!
Cockney accents are so fun to transcribe---hell, most dialects are.

And she's just so grittydirtysociopathichaptophobically cute!
Haptophobia is the fear of being touched.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 07:03 PM
Scalable power. Downgrade Bal and Ark unless they are facing an opponent that is the match for their current power level.

Actually I like this. Make them constantly = power level to who ever they are facing...Sound like a plan everyone?

ApeofLight
2010-04-13, 07:04 PM
... I've already been using scalable power levels...

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 07:07 PM
Also, someone totally needs to send some bandits to attack Censhu's caravan in the Outside thread. With everyone so determined to be polite and not talk to anyone, they're getting nowhere. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 07:09 PM
That would be interesting. They're playing with a broken toy that fell off a garbage ship now.

@McBish: Are you still playing Val somewhere? I saw such in GLoG a while ago, suddenly cut off as I could tell.

I need to stop having characters. :smallsigh:

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 07:10 PM
Also, someone totally needs to send some bandits to attack Censhu's caravan in the Outside thread. With everyone so determined to be polite and not talk to anyone, they're getting nowhere. :smalltongue:

Bandits be attacking nao. How many bandits would you like to be attacking?

horngeek
2010-04-13, 07:11 PM
That would be interesting. They're playing with a broken toy that fell off a garbage ship now.

@McBish: Are you still playing Val somewhere? I saw such in GLoG a while ago, suddenly cut off as I could tell.

I need to stop having characters. :smallsigh:

Val is currently at the Celestial Embassy, with Daisuke. :smalltongue:

McBish
2010-04-13, 07:12 PM
I am sort of playing Val, she is in the Embassy right now. Though I will admit I am sort of loosing interest in her.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 07:16 PM
So...umm..like 10-15 bandits sound ok? I really can't post in outside again till I know what I'm doing...

horngeek
2010-04-13, 07:18 PM
I am sort of playing Val, she is in the Embassy right now. Though I will admit I am sort of loosing interest in her.

Yeah... that's probably partially because I don't post regularly with Daisuke, isn't it?

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 07:19 PM
Sure, though that seems a little few. Whatever you feel like.

Okay, thank you. Though at most some cultists would magically send her a letter.

McBish
2010-04-13, 07:19 PM
Meh, more like I have never been a fan of playing a member of a happy couple. One of my favorite characters stopped being interesting to me when she got married and had a kid.

horngeek
2010-04-13, 07:22 PM
Meh, more like I have never been a fan of playing a member of a happy couple. One of my favorite characters stopped being interesting to me when she got married and had a kid.

Ah.

<.<
>.>

I, on the other hand, have little interest in playing a member of a couple where one of the two is unfaithful. Of course, you could do something like cripple Val or something. :smalltongue:

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 07:26 PM
20 bandits for now, if they get killed to easily there may be reinforcements.

ApeofLight
2010-04-13, 07:27 PM
Hey Je can you check the future thread?

I responded to your post there like... three times...

billtodamax
2010-04-13, 07:52 PM
The only epic posts I can remember are Wolfy's Edijar Death, Art's Raril Kidnapping and Jacklu's Kale Death.

There's probably more, I just can't remember them.

Chaotic Bob
2010-04-13, 07:59 PM
I distinctly remember a few posts from biggerish plots I was involved in.
And a few of Mag's Christmas song-abomination posts.

Those were fun.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 08:00 PM
Kid Kris's return of Slayer was awesomesauce.

Vespe had some pretty hilarious posts back in the day.

The scene with Kaelaroth and Lex-kat, when Shepherd killed Melody had me bawling for days.

Beans
2010-04-13, 08:02 PM
I have observed moments of awesomeness within the Musical Plots I've created or inspired or helped run... expanding them to a larger participant-group is my main interest for that series now.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 08:49 PM

...that would be Jay, wouldn't it? >_>

Erin misses her.

McBish
2010-04-13, 08:51 PM
Nope Lillah.

Jay and Eric are happy but died away do to lack of any other player interaction.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 08:56 PM
Aww. :smallfrown:

At least they're happy somewhere offscreen at least.

horngeek
2010-04-13, 08:58 PM
Hmmm... yep. Going to introduce a new character. Who isn't magic-powered or anything like that. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-04-13, 08:58 PM
So I typed this post up, and let it sit for a bit, and now I find the issue is all ready resolved and my two cents are not needed nor wanted. Eh, I typed it all up, so I'm going to be stubborn and post it. Just know that I know that you know about OP problems and scaling now.

I'd like to offer one comment at both the idea of a character being awesome in backstory AND OPed HALO characters, because it fits.
Tobias has been through two wars in his past. He won the last one by killing a few evil gods and generally being "awesome". If you were to just take his backstory or my view of him, he'd be a really great, Magnificent Bastard, Marty Stu kind of character. I chose to do this, yes, in part because of the whole ego thing that's so prevalent, but also because that past shapes his current personality. His experiences strongly affect his actions and reactions. The thing is, no matter how much Tobias or myself say he's a God Killing Epic Druid, what actually happens is something all together different. That stuff doesn't have to translate into the Nexus. He's not an overpowered character if he gets bounced around a fair bit. Once you get over allowing your characters to "lose", things really do become more fun.
X, you said you keep Bal powerful to compete with people in HALO? One of the strongest was your own member Ark. And your member Pixie. Grant and Pesty were very powerful too. Other than them, the most powerful character was BR, and he's semi-deadtimed. Didn't I just get done talking about how great my character Tobias is? Well, here's the thing: Tobias has been killed more often than the majority of characters here. I say he's powerful, but I scale his power to reasonable levels. He could be killed by Angie if she took him by surprise and started shanking important bits with a scalpel. There's no real excuse for characters above a "9" or "A" on either power scale to be involved in regular fighting. I always use my god characters as quest hooks, and just RP with them conversationally, never letting them fight. Maybe you should give it a try.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 09:07 PM
Not to mention, BR is apparently one of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. :smalltongue:

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:09 PM
So I typed this post up, and let it sit for a bit, and now I find the issue is all ready resolved and my two cents are not needed nor wanted. Eh, I typed it all up, so I'm going to be stubborn and post it. Just know that I know that you know about OP problems and scaling now.

I'd like to offer one comment at both the idea of a character being awesome in backstory AND OPed HALO characters, because it fits.
Tobias has been through two wars in his past. He won the last one by killing a few evil gods and generally being "awesome". If you were to just take his backstory or my view of him, he'd be a really great, Magnificent Bastard, Marty Stu kind of character. I chose to do this, yes, in part because of the whole ego thing that's so prevalent, but also because that past shapes his current personality. His experiences strongly affect his actions and reactions. The thing is, no matter how much Tobias or myself say he's a God Killing Epic Druid, what actually happens is something all together different. That stuff doesn't have to translate into the Nexus. He's not an overpowered character if he gets bounced around a fair bit. Once you get over allowing your characters to "lose", things really do become more fun.
X, you said you keep Bal powerful to compete with people in HALO? One of the strongest was your own member Ark. And your member Pixie. Grant and Pesty were very powerful too. Other than them, the most powerful character was BR, and he's semi-deadtimed. Didn't I just get done talking about how great my character Tobias is? Well, here's the thing: Tobias has been killed more often than the majority of characters here. I say he's powerful, but I scale his power to reasonable levels. He could be killed by Angie if she took him by surprise and started shanking important bits with a scalpel. There's no real excuse for characters above a "9" or "A" on either power scale to be involved in regular fighting. I always use my god characters as quest hooks, and just RP with them conversationally, never letting them fight. Maybe you should give it a try.

...See my post where I said I'm going to switch Ark and Bal to scale power system FF...And Ark and Bal have both been killed over a dozen times...already...

FireFox
2010-04-13, 09:13 PM

See my post where I said all those things I just bolded above. You know. That one. It's right there, in this post itself actually.

Yeah, but they can come back, and apparently keep coming back until both are killed together, or some magical chain is broken. When Tobias dies, he needs another person to bring him back to life, and occasionally I've made plots out of doing so.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:16 PM
See my post where I said all those things I just bolded above. You know. That one. It's right there, in this post itself actually.

Yeah, but they can come back, and apparently keep coming back until both are killed together, or some magical chain is broken. When Tobias dies, he needs another person to bring him back to life, and occasionally I've made plots out of doing so.

Ark and Bal can only self Res once a week. And that's only when they do their fiery death explosion thing. The rest of the time they either have to burn a wish spell or get a res spell cast for them...and I just now saw the bolded stuff...sry.

horngeek
2010-04-13, 09:19 PM
See, almost all of my characters... if they die, they're dead, Jim. Not coming back.

With all of them, it has to do with the fact that souls in their universes work on a principle of reincarnation. :smalltongue:

They're already a mewling infant somewhere- trying to resurrect them is sorta counterintuitive.

billtodamax
2010-04-13, 09:20 PM
*reads Maggy-Land*

*grabs shotgun*

*hides in bedroom*

Can't go to sleep. Angie'll torture me.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:23 PM
*reads Maggy-Land*

*grabs shotgun*

*hides in bedroom*

Can't go to sleep. Angie'll torture me.

Balzamal did much, much worse to her first...I was kinda expecting more...

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:25 PM
Meh, it would have been pointless. I think leaving him there for awhile so that he is scared and alone in the dark till she comes to kill him is pretty good torture for a masochist archmage.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:26 PM
Meh, it would have been pointless. I think leaving him there for awhile so that he is scared and alone in the dark till she comes to kill him is pretty good torture for a masochist archmage.

It would be...if he was capable of thought still...he's basically an animal now...so he's just scared...

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:29 PM
Yeah but if he gets out of it sometime he should still remember that, and all of what she did to him.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:30 PM
Yeah but if he gets out of it sometime he should still remember that, and all of what she did to him.

...how? She broke his brain with Acid. He's got no long term memory now...

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 09:35 PM
He auto-rezzes with all his memories right? And the damaged healed that occurred in his last incarnation? He'd remember it all....

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:35 PM
If it gets fixed he should still have a memory of it. She took away his ability to think like a person. Not to remember. And she did a small does, so it is possible that he still has part of his memory, though that is up to you.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:37 PM
He auto-rezzes with all his memories right? And the damaged healed that occurred in his last incarnation? He'd remember it all....

Yeah, but he doesn't rez with memories he never had. If he doesn't have a long term memory to put the memories in right now then how would they be there when he resurrects? His memory isn't damaged right now. Angie literally chemically lobotomized him. The part of his Brain that holds his memory got eaten by acids and chemicals.

Goblin Music
2010-04-13, 09:40 PM
<.<
>.>
MAGIC
<.<
>.>
carry on

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:40 PM
Actually if it did, it was an accident. Or a typo which is my fault. It is more like he can't think, not can't remember.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 09:41 PM
Animals still have memories though. I don't know if my dog specifically remembers the surgery she had a couple of years ago, but she is scared of the vet now when she never was before that.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:42 PM
Actually if it did, it was an accident. Or a typo which is my fault. It is more like he can't think, not can't remember.

Oh...great...That's fine. Bal will remember everything...although he may simply be proud of Angie for taking what he considers the first of many steps in the right direction. (he wants to corrupt her and turn her evil if you hadn't noticed)

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:46 PM
OK come on I don't care how messed up you are, don't you think that someone that did this to you might freak you out at least, or annoy, or piss you off. Something.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:48 PM
OK come on I don't care how messed up you are, don't you think that someone that did this to you might freak you out at least, or annoy, or piss you off. Something.

He did worse to her first. Plus, he wants her to torture him, not because he likes the pain, but because he's trying to turn her evil. And she may freak him out slightly, but he's worked with Drow, devils, demons, evil gods and goddesses, and real torturers. Angie did something quite nasty, but he's seen worse. He's done worse to her.

McBish
2010-04-13, 09:50 PM
OK first of Angie is a real torturer 7 years training in hell. Secondly I would argue being left as a animal scared and alone is worse then what he did to her, which most of has all happened to her before.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 09:53 PM
OK first of Angie is a real torturer 7 years training in hell. Secondly I would argue being left as a animal scared and alone is worse then what he did to her, which most of has all happened to her before.

When i say real torturer, I mean some one who wakes up every day and can't wait to start making people hurt. Angie, is not this. And I understand that what she did to him is really friggin bad, but some of the things I would have him do are nauseating. (Which is why I asked to have the whole torture thing skipped. I don't like puking)

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 09:54 PM
Something kind of similar happened to my character Sunny. Her capacity for thought was removed, and then bad things happened to her. As her mind slowly returned, she remembered the bad things, but didn't have any vocabulary to express it or think about it. So her trauma mostly expressed itself in phobias.

Though for her the loss of her mind was the worse violation. The dread of having her mind stripped from her again is the reason she has panic attacks in open spaces.

@^: X, you're doing it again. >.>

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 10:00 PM
@^: X, you're doing it again. >.>

I is isn't I...But I specifically didn't post what Bal did to Angie because I know that it would have gotten me yelled at by Roland, and maybe even banned...

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:03 PM
I think the not RPing torture is fine. I've done it before and it isn't pretty and can bother a lot of people. But I'd say that most of it still couldn't have been all that bad. I mean he had her for a few hours, even taking into account time magic which I assumed he had used, he could have only done so much. And trust me, I can think of some pretty sick things he could have done.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 10:05 PM
I think the not RPing torture is fine. I've done it before and it isn't pretty and can bother a lot of people. But I'd say that most of it still couldn't have been all that bad. I mean he had her for a few hours, even taking into account time magic which I assumed he had used, he could have only done so much. And trust me, I can think of some pretty sick things he could have done.

I thought he had here how ever long it took to utterly shatter her mind...that's what I said he was going to do...keep at it till her mind was in a trillion pieces...

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:08 PM
No one objects to you curtaining that off. I'm talking about trying to make Bal be Better Tougher Stronger than anything that comes against him. However tough or masochistic he is, Angie did something terrible to him that he'd never had happen before. If it doesn't have a long term effect on him, it makes the whole event feel kind of meaningless. Did he really make her 'evil' if all she did was something he could shrug off?

Also, he could only keep at it until he /thought/ her mind was in a trillion pieces. That's not the same thing at all.

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:09 PM
Yeah and broke her he did, actually rebroke her. Since she came out of hell broken.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 10:10 PM
No one objects to you curtaining that off. I'm talking about trying to make Bal be Better Tougher Stronger than anything that comes against him. However tough or masochistic he is, Angie did something terrible to him that he'd never had happen before. If it doesn't have a long term effect on him, it makes the whole event feel kind of meaningless. Did he really make her 'evil' if all she did was something he could shrug off?

Also, he could only keep at it until he /thought/ her mind was in a trillion pieces. That's not the same thing at all.

True true. And I think I has an Idea for how it shall affect him...and through him Ark...Mirror and all that...hee hee hee.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:12 PM
Apropos of nothing, I wonder if McBish is ever going to put on some pants?

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:17 PM
For a second I was wondering how you knew I wasn't wearing pants. Then I realized you were talking about my Avatar...

Maybe some time when I get a new avatar, but I like this one.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:19 PM
xD

The turtle sees all!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 10:26 PM
McBish isn't wearing pants?

I've done that before, but then someone reminded me that I had just taken a shower so I got dressed.

And, maybe I need a new avatar as well. I've had this one for forever, almost.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 10:28 PM
Having a Judoon platoon upon the moonplatoon of avatars in rotation is the way to go. *nodnod*

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:29 PM
I've had Decker Watson for two weeks or so. That's ages for me. *looks at photobucket and counts*

Do I really have thirty different avatars? Wow...

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:31 PM
Yeah I don't have too many avatars. And the only ones I do have are for characters I don't play any more. Oh well.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:31 PM
I could do Phoebe for you, if you like.

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:37 PM
Yeah that would be cool.

Though I do hate wearing pants... oh wait she wears a skirt. Ok then. Do you need a description or do you think you know her well enough?

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:39 PM
I know she has the sweater that's too big for her, the stick sword, and the bottle of dandelion wine. Does she still wear socks with no shoes? And I have no idea what her hair is like.

McBish
2010-04-13, 10:43 PM
Yep socks with no shoes, a faded pink skirt with white leggings under them. She has a cloak that is sort of like a rock covered in moss. Her hair is long and black and sort of curly.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:49 PM
Lets get going then Angie. I gave you my word. Lets get this over with

Yeah...but I just feel so dirty doing this...but It's exactly what Ark would do...Chaotic Good...not Lawful...

Then why even bother sticking to the letter of the oath? He could always just... you know... have been lying.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 10:50 PM
Then why even bother sticking to the letter of the oath? He could always just... you know... have been lying.

Cause of the Good part. He's honorable. He's just making sure to leave some room for him to do what he feels he has to.

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 10:54 PM
Somehow I think it will be poor consolation to Angie when he says "Sure, I betrayed your trust, but I didn't /technically/ lie"

And would he really let him out to do all of that to someone else?

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 10:56 PM
Somehow I think it will be poor consolation to Angie when he says "Sure, I betrayed your trust, but I didn't /technically/ lie"

And would he really let him out to do all of that to someone else?

Yes. Because what Angie is doing, however justified is just flat out wrong. And Ark will be putting Bal out of the loop for a while himself. In a way that doesn't involve torture.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 10:58 PM

Ark: "I told you the truth...from a certain point of view."

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:00 PM
Ark: "I told you the truth...from a certain point of view."

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Angie is falling to the dark side...

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 11:02 PM
"And from another point of view, you lied through your teeth"

Anyway, it's obvious that Ark only wants to keep Bal alive to be his auto-rez machine. Totally selfish. :smallwink:

McBish
2010-04-13, 11:02 PM
And being betrayed by someone she considered might be her friend will help stop that. I mean no one seems to see the fact that Angie is acting differently then ever before, even when she was broken by demons in the past.

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 11:04 PM
BR does. But he isn't the type to push when specifically told to butt out.

He might be watching, though...

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:05 PM
"And from another point of view, you lied through your teeth"

Anyway, it's obvious that Ark only wants to keep Bal alive to be his auto-rez machine. Totally selfish. :smallwink:

Yes. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that in their last lives Bal was the good one and Ark was the evil one, and Bal heroically sacrificed himself so that they would both Die and move on to save the world...it's all about a stupid mechanic...It has nothing to do with the fact that torturing people is morally wrong...:smallfrown:

happyturtle
2010-04-13, 11:07 PM
You did see the winky, right? :smalltongue:

Anyway, kudos to both of you for roleplaying a story that has so many people interested and talking. :smallsmile:

McBish
2010-04-13, 11:08 PM
Thanks, it's a lot of fun. Angie is one of my favorite characters I have played. She actually had started in the original modern town back on this board a long time ago. A lot has changed since then. And people still don't know all about her background.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:08 PM
You did see the winky, right? :smalltongue:

Anyway, kudos to both of you for roleplaying a story that has so many people interested and talking. :smallsmile:

...I did now...

And thank you. I do try. And this is just the beginning of the story. if McBish lets me, Between Ark being manipulated, and Bal acting directly I'm hoping to completely corrupt Angie withing 2 months.

McBish
2010-04-13, 11:10 PM
Wahaha, you think you shall corrupt her? Well you are probably too late.

Reinholdt
2010-04-13, 11:11 PM

Time: Indefinite extending to infinity.

Exceptions: Survivor and Underdark.

Glitches: Adam's Estate and Outside.

Glitch one solution suggestion: I don't really have one here, especially if Recaiden was leading up to and/or planning something. Otherwise, presume the shrine is built, Alyza is catified, and Vasilisa and Alyza are making babies. If there was something specific you were intending Recaiden, PM me and we'll work something out.

Glitch two solution suggestion: Outside can be taken over by whoever over the duration of the haitus.

Godmodable characters: Annie may be godmodded by Lex.

Scenes to be finished: Vincent at the party and Reinholdt relaxing with Melody. The former will end and the character disappear upon leaving the party. The latter will be wrapped up in a reasonable length of time.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:15 PM
Wahaha, you think you shall corrupt her? Well you are probably too late.

I'm going with the full blown, she's a villain and working with other villains to do very evil things.

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 11:17 PM
I was planning a little, but nothing specific enough that it has to be resolved immediately. At some indefinite point is fine.

Hope your hiatus goes well for you.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 11:17 PM
Bye, Reinholdt!

Have fun!

I'm going with the full blown, she's a villain and working with other villains to do very evil things.

That's sad.

In other news, I'm sorta bored now, since Reinholdt has finished his quest. But I'm feeling better, but that doesn't alleviate my boredom.

Edit: Is that bandit-thing over now already?

Recaiden
2010-04-13, 11:22 PM
Edit: Is that bandit-thing over now already?

No. I think X has not yet posted again.

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:24 PM
That's sad.

Why is it sad that a villainous characters plot is to make Angie fall to that point? Isn't that like half the point of Villains? To try to either beat the Hero or get the Hero to join them?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 11:25 PM
No, the point of villains is to make it so that the world doesn't stagnate and become un-fun.

Except for real villains. There's no point to those.

Edit:
If it's not too late, can I control one of the bandits and give him a name and a family and a wife and a backstory?

The Bushranger
2010-04-13, 11:29 PM
I'm sure BR will have a few...words with those villains trying to corrupt 'the squirt'. :smallamused:

XtheYeti
2010-04-13, 11:29 PM
No, the point of villains is to make it so that the world doesn't stagnate and become un-fun.

Except for real villains. There's no point to those.

...what?...that's a joke right?

You may has the bandit leader who hasn't shown up yet Je.

ApeofLight
2010-04-13, 11:35 PM
Ahh, Bye Reinholdt.

Also, the point of villains is to keep things going.

Also, I should continue to work on my paper I have to write.

Also, I will be on for a long time tonight.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 11:38 PM
No, that's not a joke. That's why I make villains in FFRPG.

Sure, I'll have the bandit leader, so long as he has a sword. 'kay?
Just tell me when he is supposed to come.
(Tomorrow?)

(Recaiden? Are we abandoning the Fairy Plot?)

Morty
2010-04-14, 09:25 AM
First, bye Reinhold.
Second, who's making the new thread?
Third, I know it's been reslolved but it's been bugging me for some time and I feel like being brutally honest. I'm putting it in a spoiler so people can avoid reading a late rant. Apologies in advance if anyone feels offended.
Your ungodlily superpowerful characters don't impress anyone. No, really, they don't. It takes exactly the same amount of effort and creativity to write about a malnourished halfling without any sort of combat training and a world destroyed who eats gods for breakfast. In fact, the latter - not necessarily this exact one mind you, just this side of the power scale - takes more effort because you have to actually come up with ways your characters solves problems instead of decribing them blast them into smitherness. Yes, I get it people prefer the type of narrative that comes with powerful characters overcoming powerful challenges. This is fine and just as viable a playstyle as any other. But waving your character's power in front of everyone, especially in OOC talk, isn't going to make them go "OMG awesome". You're much more likely to get that reaction when your character does something vastly above his or her capabilities in an impressive manner. And overshadowing other people's lower-powered characters is certain to provoke an entirely opposite reaction. The one in which they feel like their characters are insignificant to you.
This isn't to say I condemn powerful characters. But I felt I needed to say it because even those players who don't flaunt their characters' superpowers have trouble with acknowleging the differences in raw power sometimes.

ThePhantom
2010-04-14, 09:38 AM
Your ungodlily superpowerful characters don't impress anyone. No, really, they don't. It takes exactly the same amount of effort and creativity to write about a malnourished halfling without any sort of combat training and a world destroyed who eats gods for breakfast. In fact, the latter - not necessarily this exact one mind you, just this side of the power scale - takes more effort because you have to actually come up with ways your characters solves problems instead of decribing them blast them into smitherness. Yes, I get it people prefer the type of narrative that comes with powerful characters overcoming powerful challenges. But waving your character's power in front of everyone isn't going to make them go "OMG awesome". You're much more likely to get that reaction when your character does something vastly above his or her capabilities in an impressive manner. And overshadowing other people's lower-powered characters is certain to provoke an entirely opposite reaction. The one in which they feel like their characters are insignificant to you.
This isn't to say I condemn powerful characters. But I felt I needed to say it because even those players who don't flaunt their characters' superpowers have trouble with acknowleging the differences in raw power sometimes.

Bye Reinhold:smallfrown:
I was hoping for a chance to have a boss battle with Vicent.

As for Morty's I agree with you completely.

As for everyone else, Gordon is going to be down for a while. But, let's just say that for Cerise, Nice Job Breaking It Hero (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NiceJobBreakingItHero).

happyturtle
2010-04-14, 10:21 AM
((I've updated the index and added just a bit to the first post below, for the use of whoever makes the new thread. If you want your thread indexed, and it isn't, quote this post and add your thread. I got somewhere around page three before I got tired. :smallsmile:))

===========================================

Thread for OOC stuff related to the ACRONYM organizations - AMEN, GLoG, HALO, NO, PEACE etc. or ACRONYM locations in general.

New to Acro? Want to start? Read this first, then jump into this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119585) and say hi!

If you're curious, ACRONYM stands for Associated Crazy and Redundant Organizations Needlessly Yearning Meaning. It's hard to define exactly what makes an ACRONYM, but they all share the following characteristics.

It's hard to define exactly what makes an ACRONYM, but they all share the following characteristics:
Their name is an acronym.
They tend to revolve around some sort of common trait shared by most of their members - in most cases, this is alignment, but we've had at least one organization that allowed only female characters.
They are roleplaying games, obviously.
They have one thread which is their "main" or "HQ" thread, which are usually numbered in Roman numerals and has a different, witty title for each new thread, and occasionally have spin-off threads for plots that take place outside of the base.
All the ACRONYMs exist in a sort of shared multiverse.

A few of the ACRONYMs include:

AMEN - The Association of Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. The original ACRONYM group, and the longest running (if not the one with the most threads). Wacky, crazy, and often needlessly violent. Enter at your own risk.
HALO - The Heroic, Anti-Evil and Lawbreaking Organization. The first good-centered ACRONYM which survived more than a few threads. Currently holds the record for most threads. Formerly arch-enemies of AMEN.
GLoG - The Good League of Good. Their name comes from The Evil League of Evil, from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. (http://drhorrible.com/) The second good-centered organization to survive. Why two good organizations? There are distinct roleplaying differences between the two. If you want to join a good organization, I'd recommend trying out both and seeing which fits your likes better.
NO - The Neutralist Organization. Where gray is the new black. Very neutral.
PEACE - A semi-serious roleplaying organisation for evildoers, where plot is tolerated, and stamped on less than in AMEN.
WATCHTOWER - An organization separate from GLoG or HALO, dedicated to stamping whoever the apocalypse bringer of the week is. Alignment does not matter, the only requirement is that you not be an omnicidal maniac. Though considering the IC founder, this too, is to be treated as more of a guideline.

Don't like any of the choices? Want to make your own? Read these rules first.

Acronym organizations are NOT Cliques, Clubs, or FanGroups. They are Role-Playing Games. Please start one only if you and a certain group of people have intent of following it through. If it's for the sake of having something in your sig, make up a club, gather friends, and sig it.
Acronym Organizations should be open. As per forum rules, nobody is to be denied admittance into our circle. Note: this is referring to players, not characters, it's perfectly reasonable to not allow evil characters in your good organization (unless they want to become good, but that's besides the point) but you can't not allow a player to join.
If Rule 1 is met by your intentions, please make sure none of the existing organizations fit your Role-Playing Necessities. Organizations based around the same thing should be significantly different in style, i.e. HALO and GLoG.
If a plot within an existent organization requires the creation of a new organization, remember that it is not necessary to create the organization OOC. Organizations can be created fully IC within the bounds of another organization, for example, AMEN's TESTAMENT.
It's not Personal, it's ACRONYM. As much as our characters may fight each other, remember we're all friends here and just want to have fun with each other.

ACRONYM Shack: You've got questions, we've got answers.
Q: Hey, why isn't my organization on the big shiny list?
A: Probably because it hasn't gotten to two threads yet. We love new ACRONYMs, we really do, but frankly, if it can't survive for two threads, it doesn't get to go in the big shiny index.

Thread Index:
Utility threads:
ACRO Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97333)
Acro Digest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98423) - short updates on characters
GLoG Bulletin Board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108523)
FFRP General Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119585)
FFRP Community Thread / OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135689)

Frequent Turnover Threads:
GLoG - Good League of Good
Taverna Generica - It's a roadside tavern in the countryside, not within the city.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-Evil and Lawbreaking Organization
HALO Timeskip - HALO in the future
Trog's - Another tavern, in the city of Inside/Town.
Inside - Various urban locations within the region's principle city.
Outside - Various rural locations.
AMEN
NO

Various public(ish) locations in/around/accessible to Acro:
/showthread.php?t=124974"]Felina/ Adam's Estate[/URL] - Catpeople estate
Freedom Glades (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100185)
Decker's Hell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101901) - One of the circles of hell
Magtok Land (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90540) - abandoned amusement park
Dreamscape (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108962) - land of dreams, visions, subconscious
War Island (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89009) - An island built for war! YO JOE!
Restaurant Enchante (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) - An illusory romantic restaurant. Of romance. And illusions.
Crazy Ol' Magtok's Battle Arena of Terror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148963) - an arena! of terror!
The Temple of Iames (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144713)
New Yiridian Army Base Camp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146901)
Random Locations IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145512)
Lulz Bar and Grill (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100837) - a modern roadside diner

Personal homes/bases/fortresses of characters:
Clearing in the Countryside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114946) - Bushranger's Home
The Glass Citadel IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114633) - Home of Rabbit Vasque
Forest Cottage II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115169) - Home of Judy and Mint
Orson's Tower (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116621)
The MagCave (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96256)
Monument to the Efficacy of Steam (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118645) - Yaza's manse
Farthing Cottage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111819) - Catelyn's home
Saturno (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110776) - Harbinger Epoch
Sszinyon's Hideout (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116257)
Raven's Nest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97869) - Home of Peter Raven
The Rock Estate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60516)
The Inverted Tower (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100839) - Cal's Phylactery Fortress
K-Corp Ruins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94432) - The remains of KR-15's original evil base
Home (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131051) - meta-location for the homes of characters
The Celestial Embassy / Palace of Doors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142771) - home base of the Celestial Deliberative
The Planar's House (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143046)
Hyuga Demi-Plane (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135621)
MagCave II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124262)
MoveMent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109721) - an abandoned mansion owned by Magtok
Vulpan Keep II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144708)
Kundalin Keep (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141636)
The Knaves Castle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133273)

Plot Threads:
Myst Island (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119375) - Twisted Calublufiok adventure game
The Underworld/Creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111002)
AMEN vs Hell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116104)
The Queendom of Neirain, home of the Amazonian Pixies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117348)
Waves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102453)
Prima Materia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112397)
Honeymoon in Texas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108800)
The Doomsday Cave (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104856) - Calublufiok's downfall?
Apoca-Con (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114708) - Reinholdt's trap
Field of the Lost (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6036916#post6036916) - The afterlife of the Souless.
Survivor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145539) - Just like the reality show, except with ffrp characters!
Dusklands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148633)
Denandsor and Environs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146871)
The East of Creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147462)
Moro Mansion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145402)
Underdark (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145714)
The Amethyst B&B (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143157)
The Rising Fall of Carrion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145730)

Lex-Kat
2010-04-14, 12:28 PM
NEW THREAD! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149058)