PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: The Lost IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raynn
2010-04-01, 07:25 AM
How long had she been running?
Days? Weeks? Months?

Navimatrix knew in the core of her being that she never should have run. She had followed Johnny Rocket beyond the new born rift; she had leaped from world to world in his wake, from multiverse to multiverse, trying to call him home. Farther than she had ever gone before, but she knew what she was running from, the corpses of the only people who had considered her a living entity.

He passed the shattered eternities where the laws of physics she was used to begin to warp and twist, where thought became matter and time didn’t matter.

She knew where he was running; the source wall, the edge of omniversal fourth dimensional space.

The end of everything . . . and he wasn’t slowing down.

It shattered, contorted, time and space warped in a way even the dimensionally independent circuitry of the Navimatrix could barely comprehend. It was beyond her to explain how Johnny Rocket was even still alive.

Then everything went white, and then every colour.

Every when and everywhere, every idea, every emotion, every life, every fragment of the light flooded her mind, her heart and her flesh.

It took her a moment to realise that she had flesh.

It was the moment that Navimatrix realised she had a soul.

Cast into the eternity of shattered time, of utter nothingness Navimatrix was left to process what had happened for an infinitely small amount of time.
Until a golden figure appeared within the confines of her mind and whispered to her “I can bring you home.”

She felt the rift tug at her she reached out as the portal entrenched her “Who are you?”

“I am Meta.”

With that NaviMatrix passed in the oblivion of her first dream.

**********************Claremont Academy*********************
You are in the courtyard of Claremont Academy when a bright light forces you to guard your eyes.

A scorched circles fills your vision as your eyes reset.

A pale skinned girl, with dark hair, lies naked at the center of the circle, she reaches up with her hand and whispers "help me. . ."

What do you do?

Sliver
2010-04-01, 08:02 AM
What's this? *shrug* Some help you are

Stepping forward, thoughts and screams pass through MetaSoul's mind as he decides the best course of action, while ignoring the nonsense of the rift. Taking on powers of healing and creation, Jake summons a piece of cloth to cover the girl and passes his hand, chanting words not his own.

Using a permanent Create Object and then going for healing, with the appropriate knowledge.

[roll0]

"What happened?" Jake asks in a calm voice as he offers his hand for support.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 08:28 AM
"The rift. . . all of it. . . in my head. . . have to fix. . . guard other side. . . oh my god, my head is burning. . ." her voice is ragged and she speaks in a panicked tone clutching Jake's arm.

Sliver
2010-04-01, 08:34 AM
Telling her she is wrong and the rift is inside me won't be the best choice of words.. No, but it might cause a funny reaction.. (as you see, I decided to write some of the reaction in white for an obvious reason)

Ignoring it, Jake notes that the healing didn't work. It must be something else.. He gives up on the healing essence and tries a different power, probing into her mind while letting her hold his arm.

Limos
2010-04-01, 09:23 AM
Fabio the Beautiful, most handsome knight of the entire round table, sweeps into the courtyard with a dramatic swish of his flowing golden locks. He skids to a stop and then bends over to catch his breath for a moment.

"Mine Damsel senses art tingling! Worry not milady, Sir Fabio is here!" Fabio says slightly breathlessly as he walks up to Metasoul and the naked newcomer at the same time sweeping off his coat.

"Please taketh mine coat, as thou must be cold without thine clothing." He offers her the large garment with another blast of butchered ye olde English.

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 10:25 AM
Yay :smallsmile: I was hoping the Navimatrix survived, she rocks.
There were few things Roland Stone hated more than History class. He had to unlearn everything before he could learn anything. These people had two world wars! You would have thought one would have been enough. Roland wondered what the Churchill of his world had been like, assuming he was still born in a woman's toilet, assuming his mother still had an affair with a Prince, assuming he was still an alcoholic, what likely what have become of him?
The answer was depressingly simple, In all likely who died an innocent bystander, as so many people back home did. Mum and dad...

A loud bang on his desk caused him to jump nearly out of his skin. Mr. Ludlum the History teacher was standing over him, red faced and clearly annoyed. Roland had to respect the man, everyday he taught children who could rip him in half but he never let it diminish his authority. Roland also hated the man, mainly because this was always how his daydreams ended; A meter ruler slammed down on his desk followed by his visibly jumping, the quiet laughter of his so-called peers. The sarcastic comments.
'Not boring you are we Roland? Is there somewhere else you'd rather be?

A sudden blinding light shines through the window, distracting them from the familiar scene. Outside Jake and Sir Fabio were covering up a naked girl in the center of a burning ring.
'Well, actually Sir...'

'Don't even think about it Stone. Let the new Princible sort it out.' He only ever called him Stone if he was extra serious.

Roland shrugged. He knew he'd get in trouble later but he was curious and badly wanted to leave this stuffy class room with it's meaningless rules. He'd never been much for rules anyway...

'If you think about it Sir, my request is more than reasonable. Let me go outside.

He pressed down on the man's mind until he nodded his agreement, not even feeling a little guilty about it. Sure, they'd be hell to pay but who cares? Then he got up, calmly walked out the door and, as it shut, teleported outside.

'I Imagine a lot of the guys here wished for a naked girl to fall out of the sky, I wonder which...' His words trail off as he sees the state of the poor girl. 'What's wrong?'

Sliver
2010-04-01, 10:31 AM
"Her mind... Pure suffering." Jake says quietly.

Trying to read her mind while also trying to use a combination of self drain and boost her will power, in effect transferring own will into her to get her out of that state

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 10:40 AM
"Oh my god!" Riley exclaimed as she drew closer to investigate. When she left class a moment ago she hadn't expected this scene, and she quickly looked around for the cause of it. But all these guys looked like they were trying to help- and cover- the naked woman. Not a very guy thing to do, but Riley was glad she didn't have to kick some ass.

Standing just behind Jake she tried to peer around him to see more clearly, only managing to catch glimpses of a clearly distraught woman. This was going to get them anywhere, she Riley decided she'd try to.. interfere. Tentatively she tried to reach out to the woman's mind.

"Calm down.."

Emotion Control!

[roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-01, 10:44 AM
Almost crashing out, Jake lashes out at Riley "Stop it! If she actually has the entire rift to hold back, forcing her to calm down can make things much worse! Let me examine her mind before you foolishly interfere!" and he turns back to the girl, renewing his attempts.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 10:51 AM
"What are you talking about?" Riley yelled back at him, putting her hand on her hip. "Well, whatever, I know yelling at me sure isn't going to help!" She nearly cursed him. "I saw someone in distress, and.." She mumbled to herself, crossing her arms and looking pissed off.

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 11:05 AM
'The entire rift? That's impossible! No human mind could...' He falls silent for a few seconds, thinking. 'There's nothing else for it. We have to read her mind to have any idea what to do.' He waves at a group of students not too far away 'Go and get the Principle! And call a... what's it called?... An Ambulance!'

Then he cracks his knuckles and takes a deep breath. Closing his eyes he chants a few words no one this side of the Dimensional barrier would recognise, when he opens them they're glowing red.

Shifting around my Dynamic points to get Telepathy 15. Trying to read her mind.

Sliver
2010-04-01, 11:09 AM
"That is exactly what I'm trying to do! I know how to handle the rift! Now stop with your distracting nonsense and-" he looks around "-You want to strangle her? Move aside!"

This time, he disconnects entirely from everybody, focusing on her mind and adding more concentration essence on himself.

DeusPravus
2010-04-01, 11:49 AM
Mason was walking toward his next class when he experienced the bright flash of light. Next thing he knows, what appears to be a nude girl is lying upon the courtyard, whom is promptly surrounded by many people. Crap, I should go over and help her...

Yet as Mason moved towards the girl, those gathered around her started arguing, mentioning some nonsense about a rift. The tension in the area was growing palpable. As much as I want to help, I'd likely just be in the way. Mason tries to position himself to be near if aid is needed, but out of the way.....as usual.

Tried to roll sense motive. Can't get forum dice roller to work...

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 12:20 PM
"Hey, Artifex!" Riley said, noticing Mason walking up. She shook her head at the stupid guys arguing and went over to her friend. "These guys don't know what they're doing- we should go get some real help. Want to come with me to get the principal?" She asked him with a smile, before turning off to go find the Principal or at least a teacher.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 01:19 PM
Those trying to read her mind stumble back as they see. . . so much so fast. . .

They see the source wall at the end of eternity and a shining golden figure, they see thousands of worlds in an instant as their minds are flooded by images passing through the rift. They see a man dressed like a detective, smiling as his clothes begin to change and his skin begins to grow pale.

A hundred more images flood their mind, a rotting hand baring a black ring, a swaztika, hundreds of variations on the same ideas. For a moment you're sure you're starting to see images of your own world. You see liberty park, a figure standing in the dust surrounded by corpses, you can't make out his face, you see bolt race towards him. . .

She grabs Jake's arm and you're forced back to reality.

"Set it right!" Her eyes glow gold as Jake's do the same.
A flash of white light and the six heroes and the girl disappear.

***************Ruined Freedom City***************************
You collapse to the ground and feel like you left your stomach behind. You look around and see the others. The sky is a dark sickly red, from smoke and other gases polluting the air.

You're in the City Center and every inch of the city is in ruins, in places skeletons and wreckage line the paths.

Sliver
2010-04-01, 02:27 PM
Jake looks around, confused for a moment, but he doesn't let himself show it. Changing focus, Jake focuses on a spell and summons many crows. Almost too many, maybe hundreds, all of whom share a mental link with MetaSoul. "Scout" He lets them fly off in all directions, waiting for information.

Looking at no one, he starts talking "Never been through the rift before, they only came to me, when I called.. This is new." he smiles at the rest and turns to the girl "How do you feel?"

Shyftir
2010-04-01, 03:44 PM
Isaac had been the last to appear on the scene when suddenly everything went white and they all dropped a couple feet out of mid-air into a ruined place he barely recognized as Freedom City.

"Woah!" The exclamation left the dark-haired young man's lips, entirely involuntarily. "I gotta feelin' we're in for some trouble guys."

Isaac nervously peered into the ruined City Center and then clinched his fists. His face turned a darker shade as if straining and then suddenly his skin transformed into the ashy stone that gave him his "call-sign" Krag.

"Sorry, Guys, thought it might be good to be ready." His voice had changed as well deepening from its normal slightly nasal twang into a rich baritone with just a hint of his Georgia upbringing.

Krag slammed one stony fist into the open palm of his other hand and nodded to everyone. He wasn't sure what was going on but he had every intention of doing Claremont proud, come what may.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 03:46 PM
She clutches Fabio's jacket to herself and forces a smile at Jake "I'm. . . I don't know. . . How are you Jake?"

The Crows show you a mostly abandoned Freedom City. A few are cut off but you can't tell by what. A handful of things move but at the height the Crows are at you can't tell what.

Then you see it.

A large rotting corpse of a T-Rex in Hanover.

Sliver
2010-04-01, 03:55 PM
"I'm OK, I guess.. Never looked at the rift like that before. That was interesting, but we won't be trying that soon, alright? So.. It was a two way street, that mental link?"

Looking towards a specific direction, Jake remarks "Well, the city is mostly abandoned.. Some things are moving there," He commands some crows to examine closer "probably scavengers. And there is a rotten T-Rex in Hanover.. What's left of it.. Wasn't something about an attack like that on the news? Only thing standing out though, so we might as well start from there.. Fixing it."

Looking at the girl, but addressing the group "Everybody got a convenient way of getting around?" and then speaking to the girl "It's not fair that you get to know my name, and don't honor me with yours" he says with a smile.

DeusPravus
2010-04-01, 04:03 PM
Mason looked his surroundings, uncertain of what to do. As he viewed the devastation around him, his mind started to wander towards the past.

No the thought to himself, we must keep focused on the present situation. Slowly, he reached down into his pocket, mentally bracing himself before sliding the ring within onto his finger. A low blue glow suffused his skin, and a tingling sensation passed through his body. He was now rejoined with his reservoir.

That done, he looked at the group of people that had also been flung into this wasteland that resembled the city center. He remembered Riley being in the courtyard, and so he called out for her, secretly hoping she wasn't along for the ride. "Hey Riley, you out there? If so, you okay?"

Raynn
2010-04-01, 04:11 PM
"That's seems like a good plan. . ."

Her hand dances across her face as if she's trying to remember something "I was Navimatrix but. . . Now I think I'm something new. . . I'll need another name I think."

She looks up at Jake and stands shakily "Let's go."

Sliver
2010-04-01, 04:19 PM
Jake contacts spirits attempting to gather information about Navimatrix. He decides against trying to get a version of her, due to her connection with the rift. [roll0] - Pretty much all knowledge skills. You can roll more if you want to. It is fairly minor cost to have all the skills at once. Or at least a few at a time while still maintaining the crows.

Offering his hand, Jake examines her stance. "I should be able to summon a beast to carry us quickly. You shouldn't exert yourself too much. We don't know what danger lurks here, yet."

After gathering the information, MetaSoul starts performing a summoning ritual for something random but large, comfortable and quick to carry them.

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 04:31 PM
'Your Navimatrix? It's good to see your ok, what with eveything that's been going on I feared the worst for you. What happened to you? And where have you brought us? Wait, I'm sorry I'm not thinking clearly.

Vagrant claps his hands together and whispers a word that seems to echo 'Aegyptos.'

The group are engulfed by a sphere of darkness, although none of them can see it. 'Please, continue.'

For the record, currently have Mental Shield, Force Field, Displacement and Obscure (Visual) on.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 04:44 PM
Riley stepped out from behind a ruin nearby, still looking around wistfully. She wasn't far enough away yet to avoid the ride. The girl walked by over to stand closer to Artifex. "Yeah, I'm here.." She mumbled, still confused as to where they were.

"What happened here?" Riley finally said wistfully as she joined the rest of the group. She was nearly holding back hysterics. "How can all of you be so calm? We went to a parallel universe or the past or the distant future or this just happened..." She rattled off a list of possible places they could be, wringing her hands. "And you guys are just acting like we're going for a ride in the park! We're kids.." The young blonde girl took a moment to compose herself, brushing a lock of hair back from her face.

"We're going to the T-Rex, right?" She said quietly. "I'll tell you everything you need to know about it."

Sliver
2010-04-01, 04:49 PM
"We are dealing with the rift here, be used to it. Either you let it take you by surprise every single time, or you take control when you can until you control it." Jake seems to lack any emotion while speaking of it, as if it is a familiar and known subject he just recites from memory.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 04:50 PM
"Not any more. . . And I don't know, we need to be here but I don't know for what. . ."

She's cut off by a woosh of wind as a flying carpet appears and comes to live, bucking like a wild animal before coming to a steady hover in front of Jake.
http://www.warcraftmounts.com/images/mounts/flyingcarpet.jpg

"Riley we'll be fine. . . We're super heroes. . . sort of. . ."

She sits slowly onto the edge of the carpet.

Sliver
2010-04-01, 04:54 PM
(nothing from knowledge check?)

Impressed by his own stolen magic trick, Jake steps on the carpet and waits for the rest to move on until he commands it to move towards the rot. While still maintaining full crow vision around them and trying to see the scavengers.

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 04:59 PM
Vagrant speaks onto the carpet, clearly unhappy. 'Don't worry about it Riley, the first time I crossed worlds... Well, you get used to it, kinda. So Navi, what happened to you? I mean Elite always made it quite clear you were a real person but...'

Shyftir
2010-04-01, 05:01 PM
Krag stares at the flying carpet. "Hmm... guess I'll need to be Isacc for this ride." Krag looks into the distance for a second and suddenly shifts back into the more familiar form of Isaac Redstone.

"I'm not sure what's so casual about me going all stoneskined over this but Riley has a point we do need to be careful." Isaac drawled out, his southern accent much more pronounced. He too sat down on the carpet a somewhat tentative expression on his face.
{Pause}
"Wait... A what? There's seriously a T-Rex out there?" Isaac's eyes widened and he peered around again his face full of wonder. "Wonder if there's any live ones around."

Sliver
2010-04-01, 05:08 PM
"I have the entire place covered with scouts that will inform me instantly of anything around. If you can add another layer beyond that, go ahead."

Jake will stear the carpet to go pretty high and have some crows fly at a formation below and around him. He will also take Danger Sense and enhance his Notice to quickly change to defensive array. After knowing the knowledge results

Raynn
2010-04-01, 05:12 PM
Not many are avaible for you to pull into yourself with knowledge of the Navimatrix but what you can gather is that she once looked far more machine like than she does now and that she is extremely ancient, though she lay dormant for most of her life span. She was a part of the Alerniteens before there deaths during Event 84. She is the last known surviving member of that team.

Jake notices almost all of the Crows have been cut off.

As the Carpet rises with the seven on board Navi looks out at the broken horizon "I was at the park. . . I ran, as far as any one ever could and someone found me there. . . and granted my greatest wish."

She looks at Jake who sits at the front of the Carpet who is looking away not noticing her stare. She turns back to the others "someone amazing. Then I saw. . . I wound up here, well at Claremont. I think I can bring us home but there's something we have to do here first."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 05:13 PM
"Well, not so much you, Isaac, as... you know- Mr. Personality and the chick from between worlds." Riley said, visibly relaxing but still a little tentative about crawling onto a magic carpet. Shrugging, she sat on the edge of the and grabbed hard onto the main part. "Try not.. to go too high on this.. What would we have to do?"

Raynn
2010-04-01, 05:17 PM
She gasps as she talks, she's not used to having lungs "something on this side is affecting the rift. . . we have to stop it or cause it, maybe it's an event in time or some one trying to create a bridge. . . I'm not sure. But something. . ."

Sliver
2010-04-01, 05:18 PM
"Personality?" Jake frowns and begins chanting again, many crows appear.

"Watch it" He sends his crows again, this time in formation. "Something is out there, taking out the scouts"

Having a crow fly low with several others flying higher keeping an eye on the low flying crow from several points.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 05:23 PM
You see a blue blur leap between the rooftops and take out the birds, you can't make out what it is but's obviously hungry as it quickly dessimates the low flying birds.

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 05:24 PM
A Blue blue? :smallwink:

'Don't be too hard on her Riley. Believe it or not a few weeks ago she was a robot...' The rest he mutters to himself 'Imagine, she had it all in her head. Poor thing. It's a wonder it didn't burn you out.'

When he sees the intruder, or rather the native, he hushes the others and whispers low. 'I've cloaked us in darkness, stay quiet and that thing likely will not notice us. Incidently, who exactly is flying this carpet?'

Sliver
2010-04-01, 05:31 PM
"It's quick, blue and hungry. You will have better chances of seeing it when it tries to eat the other low crows" Jake motions to one direction "The carpet is an intelligent being, capable of controlling itself. I don't know the details, but it accepts my command with minimal focus it's OK.. But be ready, we won't land next to the T-Rex."

Limos
2010-04-01, 05:34 PM
Fabio looks around helplessly at all of the running about and sudden changes going on around him. The undeveloped synapses at the center of his thick skull fire as fast as they can as he ponders.

"Milady... didst thou transport us through time and space? Perhaps thou canst return me to mine home!' He finally announces before realizing they are already flying above him and are not paying attention. He quickly scrambles aboard before it takes off all the way and hangs on for dear life.

"I entreat thee, land this accursed device!" He whimpers, "I have no heart for such sorcery... or such heights."

Sliver
2010-04-01, 05:39 PM
"Great idea!" MetaSoul announces as he turns around and chants again. Out of thin air appear bags. Parachutes, to be precise. "Just in case" he smiles as he waits the others to wear one, not trying it on himself.

That's it. Off to sleep!

Raynn
2010-04-01, 05:42 PM
"I can't control where I go anymore Fabio, my apologies, just give us a moment and we'll land."

As you fly above the rotting purtid smelling corpse of the T rex you see that all of the crows have been destroyed by the blur. Nothing seems to move below but the blur and maybe others are hiding somewhere.

Assume anyone on board can control the craft so as not to slow down the game

DeusPravus
2010-04-01, 05:58 PM
Mason sat quietly, trying to take in everything he could. It was hard to imagine that the area he was in was Freedom City. Well, at lest I'm here with others. Would hate to deal with...whatever it is out there all by myself.

Wrinkling his nose as they fly towards the T-Rex, Mason declines the parachutes that Jake has made. Would only be a hindrance anyway. Concentrating, Artifex creates a surfboard-like platform next to him, in case he needed to get more mobile. "So what's the plan anyway? I mean I'm all for sightseeing and stuff, but what are we even doing here?"

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 07:22 PM
'I'd rather not land unless we have to Navi. Do you have any idea at all what we're looking for? I need to get back home within the next twenty four hours so... Yeah. I don't know what that thing was, or how many there are. If we knew what we were looking for...'

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 07:26 PM
"Take us down there, close.. I need to get close to it. Maybe I can get to the bottom of what happened here." Riley said, graciously accepting the parachute with a smile. As she slipped on the chute the carpet drifted down closer to the rotting corpse.

"What a stench.. ugh." She muttered to herself. "Not too close now." She reminded- well, reminded the carper as she had to hold her nose at the even more powerful smell. Riley reached out her mind and tried to focus on the subject of the T-Rex.

"Show me what happened here..."

Postcognition!
Notice: [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 07:28 PM
Messed up! ><
Search: [roll0]

Limos
2010-04-01, 07:49 PM
"What wizardry has brought a slain Dragon to such a desolate place?" Fabio muses as he draws his sword and brandishes it at the corpse. "What I would give that this beast yet lived so that I could slay him and claim his head as a trophy. Surely that would be a feat worthy of song!"

He makes several jabs at the air as he pantomimes a battle with the T-rex. He rumbles a deep laugh at his own antics but keeps his sword in hand in case of trouble. He turns to Riley and suddenly sobers, no more time for laughing. "What dost thou see Sorceress?"

Raynn
2010-04-01, 07:49 PM
You see a battle, between the undead beast and others, possibly heroes, you recognise one or two from the news. It was sent back here somehow. Then others attacked and tore it to pieces. The blur. . . and more like it. . . others who were nearby. . .

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 08:10 PM
Vagrant looks at Fabio out of the corner of his eye while he watches the shadows, hoping against hope that whatever was out there hunted by sight alone. 'Yes, umm, well. We call it a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It means King of the Tyrant Lizards. Funny thing is, they're all meant to be dead, millions of years before you were born Sir Fabio.'

Limos
2010-04-01, 09:06 PM
"Outrageous! I think I doth know a Dragon when I see one!" Fabio delivers a light kick to the corpse's massive skull, "But Dragon or not methinks this creature is no longer much of a Tyrant."

Fabio then begins a thorough examination of the area and the corpse.

[roll0] for Notice
[roll1] for Search

Tichrondrius
2010-04-01, 09:21 PM
"I saw.. a battle." Riley said quietly. "Between this undead creature and some supers- some I recognize but I can't put a name to them." She sighed and rubbed her temple. "It was brought here but torn to pieces by that blur from earlier- apparently theres a lot of them and they're all near this location." The young girl finished, looking over at Fabio and blinking a few times as she tried to re-focus on the present. "I think that's all.."

Ladorak
2010-04-01, 09:26 PM
'Still nearby? In that case we'd best make this inspection short... Always stay within 25 feet of me, stray any further and you'll step outside the spell of concealment.'

Search: [roll1]

Sliver
2010-04-02, 12:40 AM
"We can't delay much" Jake sounds concerned as he looks at Navi "We should set an ambush, lay some traps. Then I will lure the Blue here with some crows." Jake starts looking around.

Attempting to use Postcognition first. Then gaining mental quickness and searching the sight.

[roll0] (enhanced wisdom with full ranks for max roll)
[roll1]

[roll2] (note, I am rolling just in case, taking 20 with quickness if possible.)
[roll3]

Shyftir
2010-04-02, 01:21 AM
Isaac was surprisingly quiet. He merely kept his eyes on the fallen buildings around him, ready at a moment's notice to turn into Krag and defend the others as best he could.

notice: [roll0]

DeusPravus
2010-04-02, 01:43 AM
Artifex steps onto the platform he created, which levitates slightly above the carpet. I fell so uneasy just..floating out here when who knows what lurks in the shadows. But what can I do....that would be helpful...or at least not distract the others... Artifex shrugs, and goes back to watching the buildings around the group.

Intending to fly along with the group if we move. Otherwise, trying to keep an eye out.
Notice [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-02, 06:01 AM
Jake:
You see the creature racing towards you, you feel the hunger that drives its every move towards insanity. You see its rotten flesh that still moves in some parody of life. You see the Zombie Johnny Rocket, in your city eating your crows. . .

"Everyone stay close, back to back don't let this thing pick us off one by one, we're not crows."

Navi rises and stands near Jake "Worse comes to worse we get on the carpet and hit the sky."

Navi is cut off by the sound of something breaking open a nearby wall.
It throws debris and dust into the air and it takes you a moment to see the shape for what it is.
Megastar, the silver skinned once member of Next-Gen, but. . . not he is a rotten shadow of his former self. . . a zombie. . .

Sliver
2010-04-02, 06:16 AM
"Strong.. Tough.." Jake looks at the abomination and quickly tries to calculate the best course of action.

Then, Jake thrusts his arm forward.

Gravity Control 8, reducing gravity on the zombie.

If it isn't effective, changing to defensive stance (deflection as move, force shield and protection. All at max.)

Raynn
2010-04-02, 06:39 AM
He drifts upwards for a moment but corrects himself and flies instead. He move towards Fabio but is too confused by your attack to reach him before you can act.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-02, 09:15 AM
"Oh god, oh god, oh my god.." Riley starts repeating over and over, shocked to see a zombie at all, much less one of a hero she knew of. It was worse when he started to advance on them. "Oh god, oh god.. what do we do, oh god.."

When Silver noticed Jake didn't slow him down at all she reacted instinctively, throwing out the force of her mind to rupture him. She didn't know if it would work or even if zombies had organs, it was just a reaction attack.

Psychokinesis Internal Attack!

[roll0]

Ladorak
2010-04-02, 09:17 AM
'It seems the darkness does no good.' He says, dismissing the globe around them. It only occurs to him a second later, there are others. That might prove a massive mistake, still that was a problem for another time.

Vagrant casts his arms about again, 'Aun of the Great Music.' The floating Megastar is suddenly encased in transparent blocks. 'There, that material is one way, you can attack in but he can't...' He pales suddenly, 'Gods below, is that Megastar? Hold your fire!' Vagrant steps forward, his hands to his sides in a gesture of peace. 'Megastar, it's me, Roland. I know we weren't close but you must remember me. We pranked Mr. Ludlum from time to time... We were friends' Roland's voice breaks a bit and suddenly he seems very scared and very lost 'What's happened to you. What has happened here?'

Create Object 7 to completly encase him. With progression (10 foot blocks) I should be able to seal him up with one directly below and above him and then another four on a parallel level. They're selective so I decide what gets through automatically and what has to smash his way through. The blocks have Toughness 7 and break as normal

Sliver
2010-04-02, 09:36 AM
As soon as the object is created, Jake uses the chance, remembering this hero being quite powerful, he chants quietly.

Taking Nullify (3 points) with a range Extra. Making it a perception power. That leaves me with Protection 8 and shield 7 (being 40PP)

if no on the perception then an attack roll: [roll0] (attack spec)

"We need to end this quickly. Johnny Rocket is running around in zombie form too, he is the one taking out the crows"

Limos
2010-04-02, 10:18 AM
"Have at thee Revenant!" Fabio shouts gleefully as he bursts into action. His sword already in hand he leaps at his foe and delivers a powerful strike while still in midair.

[roll0] All Out Attack
Zombie makes a DC 23 Toughness Save on hit

CRITICAL HIT!
He's got to make a DC 28 Toughness save now instead.

DeusPravus
2010-04-02, 12:40 PM
Worried about the safety of those on the carpet, especially Johnny Rocket had been mentioned, Aritfex erects a barrier around those on the carpet.

Using his Create Objects with the impervious and continuous extras at rank 8 to create a sphere that just surrounds the group. The sphere is selective to the groups' attacks, and should they want, bodies. With 4 ranks of progression, I think I should have enough area to do that.

In case it's needed Initiative [roll0]

Shyftir
2010-04-02, 01:32 PM
"Roland, that's not Chris!" Isaac shouted, just as he transformed.

Now in the form of Krag, he leaped forward and attempted to land a blow even Megastar couldn't ignore. He hoped the mixture of momentum and strength behind his large rocky fist would harm the zombie hero.
"It's time to Rock n' Roll!"

attack roll: [roll0]
Toughness DC = 25 on melee strikes from Krag. He also has the stunning attack feat.

Raynn
2010-04-02, 07:44 PM
At first the Megastar Zombie seems almost unaware of you attacks but as Fabio attacks he stumbles trying to nick an arm and in stead the blade passes through the monster's skull.

As the other attacks hit home it falls to the ground slipping from the blade. . . dead again. . . or at least unconsious, with no pulse it is impossible to tell.

There's a bang as rocket from nearby strikes the blur as it passes between buildings, it barely hits home but seems to do enough damage to scare them off.

You look around to see the source of the attack and for a moment are filled with dread as you see Daedalus, in barely functioning armour, standing on the ground holding a makeshift rocket laucher. Then his visor pops open to reveal a living face, he stares at you confused for a moment before a woman pops her head out from behind the ruins of a nearby wall "they're human Daedalus, it's alright. They must have come through from a parallel world."

She approaches the group, with a half cold, half amused look. One of her arms seem to be an extremely advanced electronic prostetic and she wears pieces of grey metal armoured scattered across her worn clothes "my name is Doctor Disastrous and this is my husband Daedalus, now WHAT are you doing her? Tell us, SO DEMANDS DISASTROUS!"

Ladorak
2010-04-02, 08:46 PM
SO DEMANDS DISASTROUS!
Awesome :smallbiggrin:

A cry rips inself from Vagrant as Megastar falls, the transparent blocks fade into the ether as he runs to his fallen friend, collapsing to his knees before the desecrated body of one of his few friends. Tears run unashamedly down his cheeks. He barely hears the rocket going off. 'Maybe it's for the best.' He says in a broken voice, reaching out to close Megastar's eyes 'Rest in peace Chris. May the Powers grant you the peace you deserve.'

He flinches slightly as some woman yells behind him, and with a sigh he pushes the despair away. Later he would feel it, drink his private pain to the last drop, the fallen deserved no less. Now, however, was not the time for grief. By the time his has risen and turned he was all business again.

'My name, appropriately enough, is Vagrant. This is Sir Fabio, Knight of the Round Table, and this is Artifex, MetaSoul, Riley and Krag. We're students at Claremont Academy. You're right, we're travellers, we came here via our friend, Navi. At first I thought it was an accident... But now I suspect the hand of fate in our misfortune.
'What... what happened here?'

Limos
2010-04-02, 11:44 PM
Fabio shakes the zombie goop off his blade and sheathes it in a single fluid motion then kneels in front of Doctor Disastrous. He takes her bionic hand in his and kisses it as though she were a court lady and they were not currently in a smoking wasteland filled with zombies.

"I beg thee to forgive my rudeness milady. I am Sir Fabio of King Arthur's court." He says looking up at her from on bended knee, "Thou art a vision of regal beauty in this desolate place. Might I be of assistance in any way?" And he means any way.

I want to make a Diplomacy check to make sure she is friendly to us.

[roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-03, 03:38 AM
Stepping forward, in front of Navi, MetaSoul examines the woman calmly, then he speaks.

"We traveled here due to an anomaly that needs to be stopped. This seems to be a source of the rift's activity, and this dinosaur seems to be the same one that attacked our home, and was sent back here through the rift. The rift's activity can't go unchecked, think of it as a ungraded bonus school assignment, or a field trip."

While he talks, he does two things. He examines the female, [roll0] and he devises a plan against Rocket! He does it instantly with Quickness (mental). [roll1]

Basically - Enhanced Trait (intelligence), Enhanced Trait (knowledge skills), Master Plan and Quickness. Rest goes into Notice and Danger Sense

Shyftir
2010-04-03, 03:58 AM
We're staying alive.
Krag's deep voice rumbles as he sets his big stony fists on his hips. He gives this "Disastrous" a keen look as he lets his stone form slip.

"That is, we're trying to, ma'am." The much more polite soft, southern twang of Isaac Redstone followed the first comment. "We're not really sure why we're here, It appears to be one of those 'fortunate accidents' supers seem to have so often, if you catch my meaning." The young man paused then quickly added. "Ma'am."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-03, 10:46 AM
"And all we want to do now is go home." Riley said, stepping up beside Isaac. "Well, that's what I want to do at least.." She shuddered suddenly, a shiver traveling up her spine as she looked about nervously. "I wonder if there are alternate versions of us here.." The girl mumbled idly to herself before looking back at Dr. Disastrous.

"Where are my manners, I'm Riley." She half-waved and looked sad once more. "You must have been fighting for a very long time."

DeusPravus
2010-04-03, 01:16 PM
Artifex nods as Vagrant introduces him, then reluctantly dismisses the globe surrounding the group. Well, I guess this means that not all civilization is lost. That we might have a chance of fixing whatever went wrong, or at the very least getting back home. Hopefully...

Mason isn't sure if he should chime in or not, but decides against it for not. Midst people this chatty, not much left to say.He shrugs, content to just go with the flow.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 02:12 PM
Dr. Disastrous smiles at Fabio "Yes you can actually, we need someone to help us defend out selves until we're finished."

At MetaSoul's statement Daedalus speaks and rases one gauntleted hand "that would be my doing, I detected a rift in time and space arching into out universe from another, I was attempting to build a device to slingshot us through your universe into another. . . to escape this hellish place."

He steps forward and out stretched out his hand to Jake "if you must seal the rift on our side before you can return than I should let you know that once we exit this world the rift will fold in on itself on ourside sealing itself permamently."

A blur races past nearby and this time the good Doctor lets out a blast.

"We defend the last surviving members of the Human race, once we get the gate open we're leaving, and this world will rot, empty of the living."

Sliver
2010-04-03, 02:29 PM
Jake looks at Daedalus' hand in surprise as he instinctively steps backwards. "You need our aid.." he repeats quietly. His existence on this world, on any world, wasn't long. Not like the others. He heard of Daedalus, he was supposed to be a great hero. He never imagined..

"Your leaving will seal this rift?" He turns to Navi "Can we be sure that we could go back, if the rift is sealed? Or will we need to jump through with them, hoping for a way back then?" He sighs "If this turns out like that show Sliders.."

No info on Dr. Disastrous?

Raynn
2010-04-03, 02:35 PM
She shares much the same History as Doctor Dire

"I believe that when we have solved whatever problem involving the rift here I will pull us all back home. . . so long as everyone is near enough to me. And no I don't think we will end up like these Sliders."

Sliver
2010-04-03, 02:39 PM
Nodding, Jake turns to Daedalus "Do you know where are you going? And what caused this?" He motions at the zombie hero "If it's some kind of.." MetaSoul's thoughts trail off, preferring not to voice his concerns.

"I guess you are close to finishing this device and need our help with some last vital detail?"

Raynn
2010-04-03, 02:52 PM
"We've sent a probe through already, it's habitable, 21st century level tech, not too much different to this place before it went to hell. We're weren't on ground zero when it happened so we don't know for sure but it was some sort of virus, it spread through the super human population like wild fire, when the human population began to dwindle the super zombies turned on each others, trying to destroy their competitors for the same food, others left, went offworld in search of other food supplys. Daedalus tricked Beacon into trying to consume the sun, along with Captain Thunder and a few others, that took out almost all the heavy hitters that weren't already dead or gone."

Daedalus steps forward to finish "mostly, all we need to do is sit tight until it's ready to activate, the only reason we left the base was because we picked up new humans, not something we expected."

Sliver
2010-04-03, 02:57 PM
"Johnny Rocket is too active around here.." Jake mentions as he looks around "What happened to the virus? How does it spread? Could it be intelligent, in you, waiting for another world to destroy? Could we be infected already?"

Raynn
2010-04-03, 03:05 PM
"We don't think it is intelligent, at first even a slight scratch from a bite was a deffinite infection, but it seems that as the hosts become more rotten and corroded by time more contact with the host is needed for the virus to spread, the longest someone was bitten without being infected on record was 15 seconds, but that was recently, bitten by one of the first people on the planet to be infected. . . but that person is dead anyway now, megastar tore Seven's head off. . . You're not infected, it's not airborne, and no, we are not infected," she eyes you angrily as she finishes.

Sliver
2010-04-03, 03:09 PM
"Good to know, now to the base?" Jake asks calmly and turns to the group "Are we ready to move?" He calls the carpet again and helps Navi to it.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 04:17 PM
The good doctor leads you quickly away into the sewer system, after a tense and terrifying few minutes of running through the sewers you pass through several bulk head doors.
As they open up you see a large room with no more than a few dozen humans within, the room is about as big as a sports hall and contains small shanty like huts, the people look like refugees.

Disastrous extends her arms to the scene and speaks in a sarcastic tone "Welcom to the Urban sanctuary!"

Shyftir
2010-04-03, 04:20 PM
Ninja'd

"Wow, nice place." Isaac was not without his own sense of sarcasm. "So how many supers are still active and human? And for that matter, any idea how many are still active and not-so-human?" Isaac wanted to know what he might have to face in this world.

DeusPravus
2010-04-03, 04:52 PM
Mason looks around at the "Urban sanctuary", and at the refugees living there. "Is there anything we can do while we wait? I know it might not seem like much, but I'd be willing to do what I can to help the people here. I just wouldn't feel right just sitting around when there is something I could do."

Raynn
2010-04-03, 04:54 PM
"Active supers. . . Us? From what we know of. Any others most likely already jumped ship like we're about to and sadly we haven't been able to complete a tracking system for the super Zombies with the supplies we have."

"If you want to help, what's your power set? There's probably something you could do more than joe average to help?"

DeusPravus
2010-04-03, 05:08 PM
"Well,I can make things. Form matter out of nothing. Also shape it. Make it what I visualize in my mind." As he explains this, Artifex creates a small ball of raw matter just above his hand. He then proceeds to make it bend and twist before changing its shape back, then turning the ball into rubber and letting it fall. "I hope there's something I can do to help..."

Raynn
2010-04-03, 05:23 PM
She looks at you dumbstruck for a moment "you mean like make shelters? can you make food? You need me to tell you how to use THAT sort of power? Wow, wow!"

She walks away, she obviously hasn't slept in days if not weeks which has left her crouchy and with no patience.

DeusPravus
2010-04-03, 05:38 PM
Mason was taken aback. ...I was only trying to help. Sorry if the outsider doesn't want to just charge right in and make himself unwelcome, Mason thought. "I can't do much about food. The power doesn't really fabricate organics. But I can make water, and help with shelter. I guess I could try to make food, I just haven't really done that before. I just don't know where to start..."

If no direction is given by Daedalus or Disastrous, he will go to the refugees, create bucket + water, then try to fix up their shelters. Open to suggestions though.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 05:44 PM
Daedalus and the doctor leave you to your own devices as they work elsewhere, presumably on the device that will allow them to jump to anothe reality.

As mason begins to create water he becomes an instant hero of the people as they rush around him, wanting more and more, caring little about any other help he may offer.

Shyftir
2010-04-03, 06:02 PM
Isaac turns to Navi, "You got any idea what we're here to do? Those two over there don't seem to have anything particular for us to do."

The big half-breed sits down on the nearest solid object and waits for a response.

DeusPravus
2010-04-03, 06:15 PM
Using Create object and Transformation, can create roughly 30 gallons/ 2 rounds. So will be doing that until the refugees are satisfied. After that will be attempting to create some bread.
Craft: Chemical [roll0]
Mason was glad that he could help the people out, as these people seemed to desperately need that help. A part of him thought though Glad that your powers are being used to help people instead of hurt. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause you might be doing unfortunate things soon... Mason shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and turned back to the refugees, making sure that everyone got some of what he could provide.

Limos
2010-04-03, 06:26 PM
Sir Fabio picks a pile of rubble near Isaac and sits with a glum look on his face. "Would that I had such sorcery as the boy Mason. Methinks then the Lady would not take my offer of help so lightly." Fabio pulls out his sword and sharpens it halfheartedly as he waits.

"Such people find little value in a swordsman." he pouts.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 06:27 PM
Navi turns to Isaac, having changed into some all black clothes (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7000000/Xion-the-girls-of-kingdom-hearts-7092866-464-1024.jpg) Daedalus had supplied her with after noticing her nakedness "I know, I think we're thinking wrong, maybe what we're meant to intervene in, what drew us here, hasn't happened yet."

She glances over at Jake then back to Isaac "but something is wrong here, something is off, a wolf in sheep's clothing somewhere."

She whispers in Isaac's ear "I don't trust Disastrous."

She steps back and leans against a hand railing looking down at some of the refugees "I feel like we're knee deep in gasoline just waiting for a spark."

Her hand brushes against Fabio's cheek "the time for swords will come fair sir Fabio, the time will come."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-03, 09:31 PM
"Everyone just relax, okay? They'll be plenty of water for everyone..." Riley says, passing her hand over the crowd in an attempt to calm them down, stepping up next to Mason. They had never trouble outside without the people in here ripping each other apart.

"I wish I could do more to help, but I don't even know the full extent of my powers.." She sighed with frustration, just focusing on keeping everyone relaxed and orderly as they received water, focusing on one at a time if she can't affect them all.

Emotion Control to calm the crowd.

[roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-04, 12:40 AM
"I.. Don't have a set of powers" Jake mumbles and steps aside.

Making sure he isn't observed by the supers, and using illusion against the civilians so they won't notice he does something odd, MetaSoul animates some shadows around and sends them off to explore the place, he has set a mental link with them

Raynn
2010-04-04, 08:06 AM
One of the shadows comes upon Daedalus and Doctor Disastrous working on the device, they speak with worried tones.

"Johnny has been pounding his way to entrance one ever since those kids got here."

"Will he get here before the device is ready?"

"No, I don't think so."

He sighs and the Doctor pats his back lovingly, and her hand dances across his face.

"We should do a scan of them, just incase."

"Fine, just give me a minute, I'll see if I can get internal scanners online for a minute."

An image of Fabio's anatomy dances across a monitor with streams of information before Daedalus ways it away, with a smile calm.

Next is Jake, after a moment Daedalus freezes "He's. . . He's one of them, one of the ones who sent the plague here!"

"What?"

"He lacks the morphogenetic matrix but he has some of the other genetic markers, he's the best imposter I've ever seen!" Daedalus' tone is angry and a little scared.

"I think we shouldn't let him know we know, the others seem to be the genuine article, we can't risk an attack from the inside right now."

"I guess you're right. . ."

"It'll be okay. . ." she says taking his hand in hers.

"I'll pretend I don't know. . . but if he says all will be pure I'm putting a bullet in his brain."

Sliver
2010-04-04, 08:39 AM
Rubbing his head, Jake concentrates. Pure? This.. Was this something to do with his source? The original Jake? No, it was a different Jake, one from this world. This is a different one, it's not the future. Like this Disaster talks and has a history similar to Dire. But Johnny concerned him more..

Keeping the shadows but dismissing the carpet and most other skills for now, except the illusion of him doing nothing, Jake takes the magic of creation.

Create object for some baskets, then magic create food for.. Ya know. Then he dismisses the illusion and brings the baskets with the general food for the others to hand out.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 08:50 AM
The refugees take the food happily and without complaint, the shadows find little else of note. Navi notices your distress and approaches "is something wrong Jake?"

Sliver
2010-04-04, 08:59 AM
"Johnny is trying to get in here, I think it is because of us.."

Raynn
2010-04-04, 10:05 AM
"Maybe we're here to stop Johnny. . ." she said it with a tone that showed she hoped that it was something so simple.

Sliver
2010-04-04, 10:12 AM
"I doubt it, but we can try. We could slip away and set some traps further from the base, so we won't risk civilians."

Raynn
2010-04-04, 10:20 AM
"Why did you lie to those people and say you have no powers? What are you hiding? Why?" Navi says as she moves towards one of the stairs to search for an exit to place a trap.

Sliver
2010-04-04, 10:24 AM
"I did not lie. I told them I do not have a set of powers, and it's true. Besides flight, which is highly irrelevant. The powers I use are not my own. Besides, I feel no commitment to tell them everything, as they decide to hide information from us as well." Jake responds calmly as he moves next to Navi.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 10:28 AM
You come upon a bulk head that leads back into the sewer system, it's sealed with a code, as you can tell by the nearby keypad on the wall "what are they keeping from us?"

Edit: Post 100:smallbiggrin:

Sliver
2010-04-04, 10:32 AM
"They believe that I'm an impostor, that something in my genetics connects me with those that caused the virus. Maybe those were some kind of fanatics, because it seems they can't avoid saying that everything will be pure, or something like that." Jake says as he attempts to open a portal on one side of the doorway, leading to the other side.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 10:41 AM
Her hand dances across Jake's face as she whispers "I don't think you're an imposter. . ."

She steps through and on the other side is a long dark empty sewer pipe, high enough that she can stand with ease. About 50 yards ahead of her is a pillar of light coming from an access tube to the surface, she can see the bottom of the ladder running down from it.

Sliver
2010-04-04, 11:21 AM
Jake nods and forces a smile "Thanks." he says as takes her arm and starts flying towards the exit.

Danger sense, +13 notice, maximum defense and protection, keeping a shadow watching Disaster and Daedalus.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 11:39 AM
You come out in a ruined city street, the entrance to liberty park not far from where you float.

Sliver
2010-04-04, 11:50 AM
Jake examines the place, trying to find the best position to fight against such a foe. He was quick, and could reach hight.. He took the crows easily.

MetaSoul looks at Navi and smiles "Well, lets get to it"

Taking maximum arcane knowledge and the feat, he works on a ritual to make a trap. I take maximum Quickness with it, and work on two traps. Gravity Control 8 (increase gravity, activates on Rocket's entry and selective, not Jake and his allies. As well as Friction Control, same triggering and attempt to snare.

After finishing, he asks if more time is needed and if Navi has any other suggestions. Then he summons a bunch of crows to attract Rocket and readies his Danger Sense + Notice.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 03:23 PM
As the rituals finish Navi stands over Jake, her arms wrapped around her new black jacket "We should get back to the Urban Sanctuary, even with the trap, he might be able to bite one of us before it gets him. . ."

Ladorak
2010-04-04, 04:11 PM
Vagrant snarls at Fabio 'There will always be a place for swordsmen! As long as there is blood to let man will have need of butchers.' A moment later his face contorts and takes on an anguised mien. 'I'm sorry my friend, that was uncalled for, and untrue. You are a Knight as one should be. It is... this place. It is getting to me, in my mind. It's so close to my home. All desolation and ruin, misery and sorrow. I... I am sorry, excuse me.'

Walking away he tries to ignore the humanity around him, shutting his ears and his soul to their misery. Asking around he soon finds Daedalus and Doctor Disastrous. 'I have been thinking on our problem. I believe I have a solution. If you show me the dimension you wish to travel to I believe I will be able to devise and perform a ritual to carry some five hundred humans there in less than an hour. I cannot close the Rift however, and that is of the upmost concern. But I could send these people away, and remain here with you, if you remain with me to close the Rift.
'Stand with me, and I'll begin the ritual immediatly... Oh, and one other thing has been bothering me, Daedalus you said you detected our dimensional portal opening, are we the first from our world to come here?'

Raynn
2010-04-04, 04:16 PM
"something came through from your world not too long ago but we believe it originated on our side and was only being sent back. And I am sad to say. . . we do not have 500 humans, only those few dozen you have already seen; we must remain here to complete the device either way, perhaps you should attempt the ritual, we'll be finished hopefully very soon but I would be fool hardy to deny a back up plan simply for my own pride."

He motions towards the door "set up your ritual wherever you choose, if the device cannot be completed in time or the urban sanctuary is breached it will be good to have a back up."

Ladorak
2010-04-04, 04:41 PM
Vagrant shrugs, 'Less than fifty, I can have them out of here in...' he frowns to himself 'Around ten seconds, I believe. I need to know where they are going however, and I cannot guarantee success until I know the difficulty of the spell, which is, of course, varied dependent on destination.
'My friends and I will stay with you, to finish this device and seal the Rift, whatever happened here, it cannot be allowed to travel to my world.'

Raynn
2010-04-04, 05:49 PM
Daedalus clicks a few buttons and and an few images and coordinates pop up on one of the monitors, he taps the screen and gives a quietly hopeful "here."

He turns back to you "And thank you, we will remain here to finish the device, so that this plague cannot destroy other worlds as it did ours."

Ladorak
2010-04-04, 06:34 PM
Vagrant's eyes flicker over the various images, although the coordinates he ignores, they were the province of science. He fixes each image into his mind slowly and deliberately, as he does so he speaks to Daedalus absently 'You are a brave man, and thank you. To be honest, I don't know if I could have stayed the distance without you here. Your one of the greatest heroes of my world, well, not my world, their world. To see Megastar like that... He was my friend, on my world. He disappeared recently, I thought I'd killed my friend...
'Ok, that should do it.'

Vagrant's breathing slows as he takes a strip of fabric out of his pocket and blindfolds himself, he strikes a pose not unlike one of a martial artist and begins to to chant as he flows from position to position. His feet rise up off the ground and he begins to glow with a bright light, which suddenly flashes, leaving him panting on his knees and all the civilians gone.
'I'd rather not...' He pauses, gasping for breath 'I'd rather not do that again. It took rather more juice then I expected.'

Spending a hero point to jury rig a ritual.
The ritual is super movement (Dimensional Movement) 1 with the Flaw: Limited to non-infected and the Extra: Affects others (at +0 since it's not effecting Vagrant. With the Progression power feat 6 times to affect 50 people. That's 7 power points worth.
So that's a DC of 22
Arcane Knowledge roll: [roll0]
Normally this would take 7 rounds but Vagrant has Quickness 5 so it takes 1.

Shyftir
2010-04-04, 06:41 PM
Antsy.
That was the word. His aunt had called him that, all the time. Isaac couldn't help but admit it was true.

While the others devised rituals and helped refugees Isaac did push-ups. Honestly he wasn't sure that exercising in human form did anything for his powers but it was something to do. After about 50 push-ups he rolled over and started doing crunches.

Then everybody disappeared. "Whah..." Isaac's surprise was total, all the refugees gone in an instant. "DOC!" he shouted just as he switched forms. ""Everybody's gone whats going on!"

Sliver
2010-04-05, 12:57 AM
Jake nods "We will use it in case the sanctuary will be breached, it will help us delay them.." MetaSoul steps closer the Navi and says quietly, with a smile "You look great in that jacket."

Raynn
2010-04-05, 04:33 PM
Navi freezes for a moment at your comment, her cheeks go red and she looks down "I am unable to have rela. . ." she pauses with a look of contemplation "I'm sorry I hadn't. . . considered. . ."

She stops herself looking even more embarassed and simply whispers "thank you."

As they both return to the Sanctuary they see all the refugees have gone and for a moment it seems like all is well.

There is a blast and a bright yellow light floods the room where the refugees once were, but not enough to blind anyone then above them floats down a zombified man in a yellow and black suit with this symbol (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8194/Sinestro%20symbol.jpg) on his rotten chest.

You don't recognise him as he raises his rotten fist and points it at Jake and Navi, Navi byreflex wraps her arms around Jake's. A yellow ring bearing the same symbol glows from his fist.

"I am Fear Master. . . Of the Sinestro Corps, AND I HUNGER; Surrender and I will make it quick! I have little time for games and combat, I have no wish to share with the blur, and he will be here so very soon."

Limos
2010-04-05, 05:03 PM
"And I am Sir Fabio! I do not fear you abomination! There is no meal for you today, nor ever again!" Fabio leaps atop the rubble and flourishes his flashing sword dramatically. His voice booms outs, echoing through the empty city.

I'm using a hero point to activate my Inspire ability. All six party members other than me get +5 to all Attack rolls and skills this round.

Shyftir
2010-04-05, 06:07 PM
"Yes!" Krag's deep voice booms out. "I been waitin' for you!" Krag addresses the yellow suited villain. "Ya say you're hungry, huh? Well how 'bout a knuckle-sandwich!"

With that, Krag runs forward and arcs a big punch right at the villain. (Leaping if he's still in the air.)

Using Power Attack 5, to make good use of Fabio's inspire.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
DC: 30 and lethal because it's a zombie and I have no moral problem with re-slaying the undead.

Raynn
2010-04-05, 06:52 PM
Toughness save [roll0]
A one? Seriously? Wow. . . just wow.

The Sinestro Zombie Fear Master crackles with energy, his forcefield has taken tank shells and missiles held up against the deadliest of assaults. He has feasted on the flesh of gods and demons and walked away without a scratch.

"COME AND FACE IF FEAR INCARNATE IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD EN'CRACK!'

The Zombie's jaw and most of his torso flies off in an explosion of shattered dry flesh and bone as Krag's fist makes contact like a suitcase nuke, the Zombie is knocked flying and collides with the titanium walls of the compound with enough force to leave a dent.

It slumps to the floor still and even more lifeless than before, unconsious and dying. Its ring flashes for a moment before his forcefield deactivates and the light of the ring dies out as well.

A beast that has eaten whole continents, whole worlds, felled by a single punch from Krag.

With a helpful contribution from the fairnest knight on two worlds.

Navi stands stunned and looks up at Jake for a moment before looking back to Krag "That was. . . AWESOME!"

Ladorak
2010-04-05, 07:14 PM
There is a flash and Vagrant appears, gone are his school clothes. Now he wears the black and gold robes of the Adapt Magi, energy crackles around his hands as a nimbus of power surrounds him. His expression is one of terrible secrets and coming thunder. His voice booms out and echos across the cavern 'Foul creature! Prepare to meet your doom. Mine are the secrets of Atlantis, wrestled from the dead lips of the Dark Lords. All the forces of reality are turned-'

Crack!

'Oh...' The energy disappears from his hands and he suddenly looks very sheepish. 'Well, nevermind then.'

He turns and walks away, almost as an after thought he waves his hand toward the breach, weaving the spell of Aun, sealing the hole the zombie ripped in their defences. 'After all who needs to be birthed in magic, survive a Netherworld and spend years in study of the Arcane Arts when one can take an Afternoon Class in the fine art of 'Headbutt.' I don't know...'

Well done Kraag :smallsmile: Using create objects to seal up the hole.

Sliver
2010-04-05, 11:33 PM
Jake blinks "So.. Pizza anyone?"

DeusPravus
2010-04-05, 11:58 PM
Mason was standing in the area the refugees had been in before they...disappeared. Something or the other that Vagrant did that hopefully transported them to safety. It was not long after that that 'Fear Master' burst in. As Artifex was preparing for the battle to come, it ended before it ever got started, as Krag fell the zombie monster.

Mason walks over to where Daedalus and the doctor are standing. "Well...that was...not good. How long until the device you're working on is finished? And should we expect more.....angry guests before we are able to get out of here?"

Raynn
2010-04-06, 01:43 AM
"A few minutes, and possibly, I don't know why Johnny didn't get through that breach in time, something must have slowed him down."

Daedalus rushes about trying to finish the work at an impossible pace "Apart from Rocket I know of only possibly one or two more super zombies active in the area, I've only picked them up in scans so I don't know their identities but hopefully thye have not detected us like Johnny obviously has."

Sliver
2010-04-06, 01:53 AM
Jake steps forward "Can I help speed things up?"

Shyftir
2010-04-06, 03:48 AM
Krag hooted with pleasure. "Ah.. Yeah! How you like that zombie boy?!" He turned to Fabio and let the rocky hide of Krag leave him, becoming Isaac Redstone once again.

"Thank you, Sir Knight, for the set up." He offered a high-five to the valiant and inspiring young knight. Only to see a blank look on Fabio's face. He quickly changed the gesture into a handshake a sign of congratulations with a far older history.

In the words of Blue Beetle on the occasion of the defeat of another ring-wearing super, "(laughing) One...Punch. One Punch. (laughing)"

Limos
2010-04-06, 10:54 AM
Fabio clasps Isaac hand with a hearty laugh. "Indeed my friend! Thou dispatched that creature post haste!" Fabio is slightly disappointed he didn't get to fight but tries to put on a happy face anyway. He sheathes his sword again and keeps watch for any more threats.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-06, 11:51 AM
Riley started up a slow clap that didn't seem to catch on, but it didn't really deter her. "Whoo, go Krag!" She said, running over to join Fabio and Isaac and giving the later a big hug. "Good thing you took him down quick- that guy looked kinda dangerous, ya think?" She added, staring off into space as she thought about it- forgetting to release her hold on Isaac. She let go of him a second later embarrassed and looked out for anyone else that was trying to break in.

Raynn
2010-04-06, 07:53 PM
Daedalus stumbles from his room, a wound to his chest, blood flowing from his mouth unable to speak, barely coherent. Disastrous races from the lab and grabs him as he collapses dead.

She speaks through sobs "powering up. . . he just fell. . . it got in. . . oh my god it got in. . . a few minutes to open the gate. . ."

She starts to sob as her armour and clothes are slowly drenched with blood "it's in here. . ."

Sliver
2010-04-07, 12:30 AM
(Totally ignored, I was)

Stepping forward, Jake turns to his companions "We need to open the gate, but if things turn badly here, I am opening a portal to Liberty Park. We have set a couple of traps to slow down Rocket. No one stays behind, got that?" His eyes linger on Fabio "Don't try any heroic sacrifices for a ruined world, because now, no one will witness to tell the tale. We have two things to do now. Survive, each and every one of us. And open that gate. The people of this world have only Disastrous now, and we will keep her alive!" As he speaks, he creates new walls to block off exits.

Metasoul turns back to Disastrous and steps closer "I know you don't trust me, but this is not the time. Your people are safe, for now. But they need someone they know in their new world, someone to protect them. Don't let your duty be hindered by suspicion, or sorrow. There will be time to mourn, but it's not here, not now. We need to focus on the matter at hand. Now tell me, is there something we can do to speed up the process and get the hell out of this hell?" Jake whispers a few words and casts a preserving magic on Daedalus's body.

Raynn
2010-04-07, 03:58 AM
sorry:smallredface: unless you mean the trap then you weren't:smallwink:

"There's no wasy we can. . . speed it up in time. . . WAIT! If we can connect an energy teletransmitter to the back up powergrid that Daedalus and I set up before we retreated down here than we should be able to activate the gate immediately!" She lays down Daedalus with perfect care.

"Daedalus will resurrect himself but that's no help if we're all dead! MetaSoul and Navi will come with me to the surface everyone else needs to go with Daedalus' body to the lab room and protect the device, it should activate the moment we have the teletransmitter in place. It should only take us moments."

Disastrous races over to MetaSoul and squeezes his arms tightly "Help me Jake!"

Sliver
2010-04-07, 04:03 AM
Jake steps forward "Can I help speed things up?"

That was asking Daedalus.

Jake looks at Navi, concern is visible on his face, then he turns to Disastrous and nods "Lets go."

Then Metasoul opens a portal to Liberty Park.

Raynn
2010-04-07, 04:20 AM
Disastrous and Navi step through into the desolate ruin of the once grand park, waiting for Jake to follow.

Sliver
2010-04-07, 04:22 AM
Jake closes the portal and laughs maniacally "ALL WILL BE PURE" and he explodes.

Jake follows through the portal "Where do we start?"

Raynn
2010-04-07, 04:58 AM
Maybe you should bracket that first bit?:smalltongue:
As the portal closes behind Jake Disastrous turns towards him, a advanced pistol like weapon pointed at his chest. Navi grabs Jake's arm.

A shot goes off and Jake's vision is filled with green light as Navi collapses in his arms.

Another shot and Jake feels every nerve in his body like they're on fire, pure agony.

"Don't try to move, this weapon is based of the Professeur Pain of this universe's design for what he called the Ultimate Nullifier, less potent but it should keep you unable to access your power for ten minutes, and paralyzed."

The last thing he sees before he falls paralyzed to the ground is Disastrous flesh warping and turning in on itself, it goes pale, then almost green and after a moment Jake sees himself standing over him in her place, the high tech weapon in hand.

Before this Other Jake disappears into a portal of it's own making it simply says "All will be pure."
__________________________________________________ ___________

Jake returns to the others alone through a portal, he smiles "Navi is helping Disastrous prepare the teletransmitter, they need a minute to find an access point to the back up power grid, they want us to be ready incase we're attacked, near the device."

Jake gets 2 Hero points.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-07, 12:14 PM
Riley had already started walking over to protect the device before Jake returned, and she tilted her head at him. "That was fast. You really think we should let Navi be by herself? I mean, if this doesn't work.. she is pretty much the only way any of us are getting back home." The girl said, placing her finger on her chin.

Ladorak
2010-04-07, 12:17 PM
Vagrant looks up, he still knees beside Daedalus' body. When Jake speaks he frowns, a little perplexed 'You left Navi with the Doc? Was that wise? You know she didn't trust her... And I'm not entirely sure I can teleport us back home if anything happens to her.
'Maybe you should go back, we can hold the Fort here, in fact I'm not so sure the defences have even been breached. If the Doc or Navi falls all is lost. I can speak only for myself, but right now the lives of those two outway my own.'

Shyftir
2010-04-07, 01:27 PM
Isaac, blushing a touch in response to the over-long hug from Riley, is quick to move into the room with the device. He transforms and scoops up Daedalus' body with surprising gentleness and carries the immortal into the other room.

When Jake popped back into the room, Krag was standing next to the injured Daedalus and acting protective. Jake's actions leaving Navi with Disastrous strikes Krag as odd.
Hmmm... Something seems a bit off here.

rolling Sense Motive and Notice.
Sense motive: [roll0]
Notice: [roll1]

Shyftir
2010-04-07, 01:28 PM
ooc: sorry re-rolling.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-04-07, 02:04 PM
I guess I'd better do that too
Sense Motive: [roll1]

Limos
2010-04-07, 02:09 PM
All aboard the skill bandwagon! *toot-toot*

[roll0] Notice
[roll1] Sense Motive

Nat 20 on Sense Motive! None can escape my perception of social cues!!

DeusPravus
2010-04-07, 03:11 PM
After a bit, Mason walks over to where Krag laid Daedalus's body. Concentrating for a moment, Artifex forms a box first around the body, before then adding wheels to make a crude wagon. Don't exactly need the wheels my self, but it'll be convenient for the others.

Turning back, he leans slightly against the wagon, waiting for the others to get done with whats needed.

Sense Motive[roll0]
Notice[roll1]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-07, 08:53 PM
Everyones doing it!

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-08, 04:17 PM
Fabio:
If the others notice something odd about Jake they pass it off as simply stress in an impossible situation and not knowing him too well but you know deep down in your perfectly sculpted chest that something is wrong.
You sense something is wrong, you saw the looks Metamind gave to Navi and know he would not by his own will leave her out their while Johnny Zombie speeds round looking for another meal.
You look at him and some part of you screams that something is very very wrong, you thoughts turn to Navi.
Something is wrong.

Jake makes his way over to the device as it hums as if on standby, he out stretches his hand to the console and it glows in activation. "It's ready they must have succeeded, we should activate us, Navi send we'd go through with her once it sealed the rift."

Limos
2010-04-08, 04:38 PM
Fabio draws his sword with a steely hiss and places the tip at the impostor Jake's throat. "I know not what manner of beast thou art demon, but thou art not mine companion. Move and I shall relieve thee of thy head." He keeps his eyes on "Jake" but speaks to the rest of the party, "Something is very wrong here. One of thee, look for our comrade. I will keep watch on this one."

Intimidate [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-04-08, 04:49 PM
Vagrant moves to intercept Sir Fabio, yet suddenly it dawns on him. Something was wrong. The Knight was right. 'I can send the second sight to scout the whole city if I have too. Give me but a moment.'

The Magi closes his eyes and steeps his fingers and thumbs in a triangle in front of his forehead.

Don't know how big the area we'll be scouting is, but using ESP 12 (Shift some Dynamic point around) to do an extended search for Navi. However long it's meant to take Roland does it 25 times faster:
Search [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-08, 05:15 PM
Raising his hands in humoured surrender "guys what are you talking about it's me Jake."

Vagrant scouts the city and after a moment sees Navi and Jake's paralyzed forms, Fake Jake seems to know, he speaks at the same instant.

"I ummm. . . I mean. . . You. . . Verdammt!" He finishes with a exasperated tone as he disappears and reappears elsewhere, moving between as a very non blue blur.

He changes shape and becomes its true form.
http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/skrulls/veranke.jpg

She speaks with a tone of an accent you can't place "You can try and stop me but there's something you should know, the gate will seal this world in approximately two minutes, your friends as Vagrant has guessed are paralyzed on the surface, at least for longer than two minutes and lastly. . ."

She shapeshifts through the forms of the entire roster of the Legacy team save for Metamorph "I possess the powers of the entire team you may know as the Legacy of Freedom. So Heroes, make your choice."

She smiles at the team as she says "Alle werden reine."

Ladorak
2010-04-08, 05:36 PM
How heavy is this teleportation device?

Raynn
2010-04-08, 05:41 PM
The dimensional gate is about two to three tons at least, but likely won't work if it is moved as it is currently wired into the many consoles hooked into the hideout's power supply directly, the additional power is for the gate itself. So moving the gate would mean it would no longer function.

Ladorak
2010-04-08, 05:49 PM
Figured as much, would have been nice to just disappear the whole thing underneath her nose though... Actually, I've just had another idea, how big is it? Not nessecarily the whole thing, just the vital part.

'Hold!' Vagrant holds up his hands in a gesture of surrender, 'It seems you have us beat... What is it you want exactly?'

Raynn
2010-04-08, 06:37 PM
A circle like a stargate but thicker and more uniform and technological. About 3 and a half metres in diameter, half a meter thick, hollow in the center, again like a stargate.

She raises her hand and points it at the Vagrant, magical energies dance around her hand as she draws on the powers of the Sorceress Magnus "Rache!"

Ladorak
2010-04-08, 06:55 PM
His hands still in the air Vagrant goes through a series of complex hand gesture 'Melenkurion abatha!' His smiles thinly at the green skin. 'I don't know what Rache means, but I wager it'll be hard to get without a dimensional gateway.'

Switching around my Dynamic points to get Illusion (Sight and Hearing) 8 and making the gateway 'disappear.'

Raynn
2010-04-08, 07:00 PM
She laughs outloud "Trottel! I am the equal of your world's greatest mind and greatest sorceress, do you think that losing that gate will keep me for an instant longer than I wish it too?"

Tichrondrius
2010-04-09, 01:25 AM
Things were so just crazy here. Zombies, for starters. And now Jake was evil but it wasn't really Jake but some green chick pretending to be Jake. It wasn't like she knew Jake that well or anything, but she wasn't going to let Fabio just cut him up. Well, she wasn't going too, till Jake turned out to be green skinned and evil chick.

Making a snap decision, Riley struck out with her mind to probe deep into this new foes mind. "He asked you a question! What. Do. You. Want?"

Telepathy, full-round action to probe and find out what she's really after.

[roll0]

Limos
2010-04-09, 01:42 AM
Oh hey. A thought occurs. I have Mind control that works on women.

It's a Check Required flaw so I need to make a Diplomacy roll. But she is female and I am attractive, so +4 on top of my normal bonuses.

[roll0] vs. Will defense, or Sense Motive whichever is higher. NAT 20, OH GOD NAT 20.
DC 18 Will save or she is Fanatically devoted to me.

"Do not fight us milady." Fabio says softly in a hypnotic drone, "Come to me, I am you friend." Hopefully she would be weak willed enough for this to work.

Shyftir
2010-04-09, 01:49 AM
Edit: Yikes (he only does this if Fabio's power doesn't work, he ninja'd me)

While everyone else is casting magic and probing minds, Isaac does what he does best. "Hey Frog-Face!" He shouts just before he switches forms.
"Eat dirt."
With that simple statement, Krag stomps on the ground with terrific force, his foot crunching some of the concrete sewer with the impact, and shaking the entire room.

Using Groundstrike
Everybody make a check against a trip attack of [roll0].
You can halve the DC by making a reflex check of 20.
Any bonuses for these those familiar with Isaac possibly knowing whats coming? (smiles weakly at the GM)

Raynn
2010-04-09, 04:35 AM
When Riley tries to probe her mind she feels like she comes up against a steel door while when krag attacks she easily avoids it before drifting upwards.

As Fabio's voice drifts to her ears she stops momentarily, and glances at him longingly. She makes a handful of motions with her hands and creates a ritual which might have taken Ellen hours in moments thanks to Synapse's powers and a little jury rigging.

Fabio Disappears.

"Be safe. . ." she whispers.

******************Claremont*********************** *********
Fabio hits the ground hard but doesn't seem to be hurt, he looks around and sees that he has been returned to Claremont, to exactly where he left from.

A handful of students notice him and seem to be about to approach when Athena Dire rushes to Fabio's side from the corner of his view "Fabio, what happened? Where have you been?"

Limos
2010-04-09, 10:24 AM
"No! I must return!" Fabio shouts as he leaps to his feet, "That vile sorceress must be stopped!" He is at a loss for just how to go about doing that and finally turns to Dire in consternation.

"I was in an alternate earth where the city had been destroyed. There were revenants about and a fearsome witch with green skin, a shapeshifter she was! Canst thou return me to that place so that I might continue the battle? The one called Navi is there with mine companions and I must save them before the device activates and seals the portal!" Fabio rattles all of this off in one stream of frantic speech and then puffs to catch his breath.

Ladorak
2010-04-09, 10:55 AM
Reflex: [roll0]
Trip: [roll1]
Edit: Awesome, actually made it :smallsmile:

Vagrant is nearly tipped from his feet as the ground shakes, stumbling to one side. Only just recovering his feet he turns an angry glare on the fake-Dire.
'Hold your attack Woman! I would have words with you.'

Ladorak
2010-04-09, 11:07 AM
Switching Dynamic powers around again. Mind control on who-ever-it-is. Power check: [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-09, 11:13 AM
"Too.. strong." Riley muttered, her hand touching her temple by reflex. She felt like she'd tried to get into a vault by bashing her head against it. This didn't work out quite as the green-skinned witch intended as it only made Riley try and push her mind into hers that much harder. A little too hard. "Tell me your secrets!" Riley hissed as the force of the psionic attack unhinged her. She didn't even notice Fabio was missing.

Riley pushed a little too hard, so I'm using Mental Blast and Extra Effort on top of that for a combined attack of 21.

DeusPravus
2010-04-09, 06:04 PM
It seemed that everything was going from bad to worse. As "Jake" shifted forms into the green skin lady, Mason couldn't help but feel that the plan as he knew it was falling apart...fast. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to start a direct confrontation, so instead, he waited, for better or worse.

Reflex check to avoid Krag's trip: [roll0]
Then Dex check to avoid falling down [roll1]

However that turns out, will stand (or remain standing) and ready my blast if the green skinned lady does anything openly hostile.

Sliver
2010-04-10, 05:29 AM
Jake will dismiss the walls he created to block the exits. Against a foe that teleport, it will only be bad for the team. Dismissing is a mental action so even tho paralyzed it should work... I think.

Raynn
2010-04-11, 06:58 AM
*****************Zombieverse-Urban Sanctuary********************

The Super Skrull seem resistant to the mental attacks shrugging them off almost with an ease as if she was naturally adept at resisting such attacks.

She steps forward, her form reforming into that of Doctor Dire's gauntlets, helmet and Synapse's uniform.

She dances from place to place in an instant, seeming almost to teleport "Return to me the gate or perish, here, now."

*****************Zombieverse-Above ground****************************

Jake lays on the ground, watching Navi's still form, horror stretched across her face as stray tears edged down her jaw line, her face pressed against the dry dirt of the broken ground.

Then there is a blue light, just at the edge of MetaSoul's perception, he tries to look but he can't. He hears a voice with an almost alien tone "MetaSoul of Earth-1, you have the ability to instill great Hope."

There is a flash of that same blue light as MetaSoul feels the force restricting him slip away and his powers return.
"RISE."

As MetaSoul rises to his feet, pushed by some warm, unknown force he feels Navi do the same as she slips into his arms.

MetaSoul looks up and sees a blue light streaking across the darkened sky, like a shooting star.

Sliver
2010-04-11, 07:11 AM
Embracing Navi, Jake whispers as he lets all but his hearing slip away "I'm sorry, it was my fault"

Glancing at the sanctuary, he sees the foe and struggles with the anger that rises inside. "Be ready" not bothering with a portal, MetaSoul teleports together with Navi into the sanctuary.

"Ihr arsch wird reine sein" He shouts at his foe as he switches around the essences inside his mind, his arm suddenly crackling with electrical energy. He sends it forward, the energy leaving his arm with a boom, aimed at Super Skrull.

Blast 8, extra effort for 10. Lethal damage. Linked with Dazzle 8, auditory and vision. That's 36 points. Then 8 in protection and 7 in shield. With 4 in attack spec.

[roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-11, 07:12 AM
Hero point into improving that roll. [roll0] That's 21 then...

Raynn
2010-04-11, 07:39 AM
*****************Zombieverse-Urban Sanctuary********************
Toughness save [roll0]

The Skrull screams out as it feels the blast tear at it's flesh, she steps forward as she screams "Ich dachte, ich dich getötet!"

Sliver
2010-04-11, 07:47 AM
Toughness [roll0] (if it's relevant if she saves vs the blindness&deafness.. Bruised then?)

Raynn
2010-04-11, 07:47 AM
Reflex save [roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-11, 07:49 AM
Relatively unharmed? She has more protection then just the toughness right? Because vs a DC25 getting a 20 is "Stunned + Bruised + Injured" I believe...

Raynn
2010-04-11, 07:51 AM
****, I am not having a good day to day, sorry Sliver. I'll correct ti, again:smallredface: sorry

Sliver
2010-04-11, 08:19 AM
Did the attack still happen then? I thought stunned doesn't allow any actions... Beside Reactions..

Raynn
2010-04-11, 08:37 AM
No, could you please spoiler OoC statements in the IC thread from now on:smallredface:

Sliver
2010-04-11, 08:45 AM
Sure

After the rest taken their turn at the stunned:"Und ich dachte, dass Sie bereits verlassen" MetaSoul replies as a small portal opens in his palm. He lets go and the portal zooms towards the bitch as it extends greatly, the sun can be seen through.

Teleportation 13, Attack, Perception. Just fluffed differently. Want me to spend a hero point on that? Grants a reflex save I believe..

Ladorak
2010-04-11, 11:18 AM
'By the Throne am I glad to see you two!' He turns and looks back to the doorway, briefly scanning the area outside the room.
'I think she's working alone, but with a Sorcerer's knowledge and her speed the possibilities are endless. Pin her arms at all costs!

He turns, throwing out an arm and clenching his fist. A giantic phantasmal fist glowing bright blue closes around the Skrull and then, as he violently wrenches his arm to one side, the phantasm hurls her across the room.

Switching dynamic array to get Telekinesis 12. Using it to grapple the Skrull. Since she's stunned she can't resist so she's pinned automatically. Telekinesis allows you to throw pinned oppunents as a move action, so with an effective Strength of 60 throwing her full force into the wall nearest Kraag.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-11, 01:41 PM
Riley curses, ignoring the arrival of her friends, and focuses her energy on the Skrull. After Vagrant throws her, Riley reaches out with her mind as well to hold the creature still for Kraag, pinning her arms and trying to hold her close to the floor with her mind.

Spending a Hero Point so she isn't fatigued. I'm assuming Vagrant's throw worked since she was stunned and couldn't defend herself. I'm going to Pin her and hold her immobile for a round so someone can finish her off.

[roll0]

Unless she was stunned again by hitting the wall or still stunned, in which case I just do it automatically.

Raynn
2010-04-11, 05:58 PM
*************ZombieVerse-Urban Sanctuary**********************
Pinned down and with the portal approaching the woman is able to utter one last statement before departing "alle werden rein sein!"

A voice screams out as the doorway closes sealing her on the otherside "JAKE ROBIN THIS WAR IS YOUR FAULT!"

With that the invisible portal begins to glow as it activates, preparing to seal off the rift on the Zombie verse's side. Daedalus was placed within the gate, to follow his people once it activated.

Navi's eye's glow for a moment, golden, she looks at Jake, realising what was happening, hoping the next leap was the leap home.

At the corner of his eye Jake is almost sure he sees a faint yellow light as he disappears and a whisper of something in his ear "Scanning Sector."

***************Back Home-Claremont******************
Athena and Fabio see the group burst back into existence exactly where they left from, Navi swoons from exhaustion but stays consious falling into Jake's waiting arms.

Athena stares at them, almost shocked "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

Fabio notices a small yellow light dash away and into the sky, like a wisp or fire fly.

Ladorak
2010-04-11, 06:20 PM
The return was a mixed affair for Roland, instantly overcome with relief he had immediately realised he was in a great deal of trouble. With Athena bearing down on him he simply smiles at the ground. 'Well, I guess we had this coming... I'm not entirely sure, but I think we saved the world, kinda.'

Raynn
2010-04-11, 06:30 PM
"Oh. . ." she looked at Fabio for a moment before looking back at the group "well that changes everything then. Are you all alright? What happened to the shapeshifter?"

Shyftir
2010-04-11, 11:37 PM
The rocky skin of Krag dissipated as Isaac began to answer Athena.

"Well we had her all pinned down after Jake stunned her with a blast of energy. And I was about to bring the mountain down on 'er, when Boom! Flash! We all got brought back here quicker than you can say, Jackie Robinson."[beat]"Ma'am."

The Georgian smiled at her timidly, concerned about how much trouble they were gonna be in.

Sliver
2010-04-11, 11:40 PM
Jake looks down "I had fallen into her trap and got neutralized, it was close but Navi pulled us through..." He looks at his companions to planar travel "I'm sorry, she wouldn't been able to attack if I was more careful..."

As he talks, he takes on Quickness 20 and some divination magic to scan him and his companions for any physical alterations that might have happened. Then, he takes precognition. [roll0]

"There is something I wanted to talk to you about, Ma'am" Jake adds, looking at Athena "It's important, but it's a private matter.."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-12, 10:06 AM
Riley was still breathing hard, it took her eyes a moment to focus. She felt a little woozy, the fighting had gone straight to her head. It took her a moment to register she was back. Then she laughed.

"Haha.. man, you guys, we're going to go home and find out that, like, ice-cream doesn't exist and this only looks nearly identical to home." She brushed back her hair, only half kidding.

Ladorak
2010-04-12, 10:21 AM
'And glad I would be to give you that privacy. I am badly drained of magical energies and must return to my Sanctum. I will accept whatever punishment you see fit upon my return, Principle Dire.' He sighs as his body begins to shimmer and vanish, his eyes now fixed to Athene's 'We have seen such terrible things.'

DeusPravus
2010-04-12, 10:51 AM
Mason felt drained. He wished he didn't feel that way, as they had "won", saved the day and all those people. But...with how crazy things had been...how horrible that place was...it was hard.

"I don't know about you guys, but all I want right now is a hot shower and a place to curl up for a while,"Mason said. With that, he started towards the dorms, hoping for some time to process things.

Raynn
2010-04-12, 01:40 PM
Athena looks the students over worriedly "you can go to your dorms, we'll talk about this in the morning, you've obviously been through a lot. . ."

She glances over to Navi and Jake "Jake is it alright if Navi comes with us to discuss this matter?"

As Jake agrees and they depart together she smiles back at the rest of the group, reminding them to go see the school nurse or counsellor if they have any problems.

About to time skip a week so post anything you want to do before that nowand anything you want to do during that week.

Sliver
2010-04-12, 03:13 PM
"Maybe we should call the it the Navigation Club? Or the Sliders Fan Club?" Jake jokes around as he walks with Navi through the halls to the rooms. He opens the door to the room across his, checking to make sure it's empty. "If you need anything, just call. And.. Uhh" he looks awkward for a moment "Good night" he mumbles and slowly retreats to his own room. As he opens the door, he stops for a moment, then dashes back, pecks Navi on the cheek and vanishes into his own room.

At some of his free time, Jake will summon crouts (crow-scouts) to search for the thing that slipped with them through the rift.

Raynn
2010-04-12, 03:24 PM
Navi blushes and smiles at Jake, waving "goodnight."

She turns and departs into her new room, still smiling.

The crouts find nothing that could have come through within range.

Shyftir
2010-04-12, 04:43 PM
Krag spends his time working out, taking classes and re-telling the "one-punch" story over and over to anybody who was willing to witness. Sometimes he even mentions that Fabio helped.

DeusPravus
2010-04-12, 05:22 PM
Mason spends the week around campus, attending all his classes, but keeps to himself (more than usual). Outside of class, Mason is spending most of his time at the training facilities, trying to become more used to using his powers through the Gauntlets. A few sleepless nights he sits floating above the school, trying to work through what happened, and prepare himself for future confrontations...

Ladorak
2010-04-12, 09:55 PM
Vagrant spends much of his time studying in his Sanctum. The Undead Megastar weighs heavily on his mind. Not his Chris, if the alter-Daedelus could be trusted, but still a Chris. He researchs the Sorcerer the fake-alter-Dire showed him while not musing on recent events, Earth needed a Master Mage and he was not equal to the task. He socialises more at school, comig out of his shell, but only with his fellow travellers.
He also devises a spell, a one use cantrip. When next he needs to interrogate someone it will be much easier...

Creating a Ritual: Drain Will Save 6, Extra: Duration (Concentration) Power Feats: Extended Range, Homing
Arcane Knowledge to research: [roll0] DC 24
Arcane Knowledge to cast: [roll1] DC 24
Arcane Knowledge about Ellen [roll2]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-12, 11:23 PM
Riley spends her week enjoying the comforts of being back home when she isn't forced into class. She also keeps trying to hang out with Mason, when he isn't trying to avoid everyone around. When no one else is around he begins to wonder what happened to her in the fight and if her powers are affecting her mind, they are psionic after all.

Limos
2010-04-12, 11:48 PM
Fabio spends the week moping about his inability to defeat the Skrull and the fact that he was taken out of the fight before a single blow was struck. He attends his classes and struggles to understand the strange new concepts of written language and math. He finds History to be a particularly confusing subject. Out of class he practices his swordsmanship.

Sliver
2010-04-13, 12:27 AM
The crouts find nothing that could have come through within range.

I ment during the week. Besides the normal stuff you would expect him to do, Jake sends plenty of scouts in his free time trying to find the thing that slipped. Sometimes he will change around, animating shadow scouts or random animals... He will also continue his attempts to see the future.

Raynn
2010-04-13, 04:14 PM
Vagrant:
Ellen became the Sorceror Magnus after Eldritch went M.I.A. during Event 84, she is member of the super group the Legacy of Freedom who are openly opposed to Daniel Sword and his Freedom League. Little is known about her abilities before becoming Sorceror Magnus but it is believed by the magical community that she either was somehow empowered by Eldritch or his illegitimate child there by inheriting his powers. The truth is unknown. . .

MetaSoul:
Jake finds little else about whatever slipped through but no zombie invasion bursts forth so Jake believes whatever came through is not a plague bearer.

As he tries to peer into the future his first few attempts are vague and unclear, orange lights and strange symbols but one night as he tries to show Navi how to use a Wii a vision simply comes to him.

A cavernous room, a dome hewn from the rock. In it's center a black monolith inscribed with a message in English. The only light in the room provided by an orange lantern sitting atop the black construct.

A man in some sort of power armour steps forward and brushes his hand across the rock, you see the message.

There will be a great fall, a war across worlds
And those who stand will be named Legion,
For they will be many.

Hidden among them a threat, revealed by the
he who fell the farthest. A god must fall by
mortal hands.

So is written the first verse of the book of the
three wars, so it will be.

It is four PM on a friday, you're not long out of class, where are you and what are you doing? Also Athena has deemed that your extra curricular activities be hidden by the banner of the Navigation club, no one has noted that the vague name gives no clue as to what you actually do but teachers have been informed that you have the principal's permission to leave class for club work.

Ladorak
2010-04-13, 06:46 PM
'Ahhh Friday!' Roland says to no one in particular as he walks out the doorway of his last Class. 'Nothing says 'Freedom' like a Friday afternoon in Freedom City.' He had spent so much of the past week as Mage, Student, War hero and (Most unaccustomed of all) friend. At last he could indulge himself a little... And for the first time in a long time he had someone to share that indulgence with, other human beings instead of Forces ripped from the Elemental balance simply to be playmates. Since coming to Claremont he had made few friends, the other kids seemed so... careless, so interminably happy. He simply didn't fit with them.
But the others had seen the hell of a world gone wrong, no longer could they hide behind the well intentioned thought that 'everything will work out somehow.' He did not require them to be as bitter as he himself was, indeed he set his heart against it. He merely required them to understand why he was as he was. They were all closer to that now, their acceptance both a heady balm and a potential risk. But he wouldn't change it, not for the world.
Rounding a corner he sees Riley and Mason, greeting them both with a wide smile 'Hey. How are you two? It's been one hell of a fortnight...'

Shyftir
2010-04-13, 07:59 PM
Isaac having just busted out class an enthusiastic look on his face, comes flying around the corner on his bicycle. He sees his friends just in time to hit the brake hard and skids to a stop about a foot short of the others.

"Oh, Hi guys. I was gonna ride down to the pizza place down near the highway. But if ya'll want, I can walk my bike and we can all go." He offers smiling.

Despite the horrors of their dimensional cross-over, Isaac is, for the most part, still an optimist.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-13, 08:08 PM
"Oh, hey, Roland." Riley says, looking over with a smile. She had been chatting with Mason after their class together about something or other. It hadn't been easy for her to adjust when she got back, and seeing the people she traveled there with wasn't helping. Except for Mason, they were friends, after all. She was searching for something to talk about with him when Isaac showed up.

She flushed a bit and brushed the hair back from her face. "Hi Isaac." Riley stammered, before composing herself. "Hey." She repeated, "Sure, we'd love to go, right guys?" The young girl beamed.

Ladorak
2010-04-13, 08:22 PM
'Absolutely!' He smiles wryly 'I am, in fact, the world's worst cook. It'll be nice to eat something that's not on fire or glows in the dark... Although that could be the Sanctum.' The way his speech trails off leaves the others unsure if he's joking or not.

DeusPravus
2010-04-13, 11:18 PM
Mason flushes a bit when the others show up. I hadn't realized how withdrawn I had been...he thinks as he turns to Riley. "Sorry I've been out of it this last week. Just that place you know..stirred up some memories of the past that are best forgotten." Mason turns back to Vagrant and Isaac. "That sounds like a good plan. Be nice to go out and relax for a change."

Limos
2010-04-14, 12:03 AM
Fabio sits on a park bench on the outskirts of campus and broods. He broods in that dark angst filled way that only true heroes can brood. With one flawless hand on his clefted chin and his golden hair flows in a breeze that no one else notices. He of course has his sword and shield on hand as he always does, garnering no few strange looks, but he did not really feel like practicing with it any more.

It irked that despite his godlike good looks, gallons of charisma, and incredible speaking voice, he had made no friends among the students of Claremont Academy. All the ladies he had approached had rebuffed him, calling him 'corny' or 'ridiculous'."I am not ridiculous. It is they who are ridiculous!" And so after yet another week of failure he found himself on his favorite bench. Brooding.

Just another Friday night for the Knight lost in time.

Sliver
2010-04-14, 12:13 AM
A crow lands near the group as they discuss food. It examines them at the moment, then opens it's mouth and speaks with Jake's voice "Hey guys, come to park! I have food."

Fabio sees Jake and Navi approach, Jake carrying what looks like a picnic basket. "Hey Fabio!" Jake waves, "Care to join? I have invited all the Navi club." he smiles.

Earlier this day Jake created a copy of himself and send it off making some food for lunch. It was interesting, to get such a fancy meal for picnic. The clone even researched medieval foods for Fabio... It was odd.

[roll0]

Limos
2010-04-14, 12:26 AM
"Friend Jake! Milady Navi!" Fabio rises gracefully to his feet with a confident smile, the moment of brooding angst buried under a facade of bluster like always. "It is most wonderful to see you, I would be very happy to join thee for thy meal."

Sliver
2010-04-14, 12:32 AM
"Glad to hear!" Jake waves as a large blanket flies out of the basket and sets itself on the grass, with an array of foods coming out and setting themselves, some of the dishes are pretty old fashioned, medieval perhaps. Jake looks at those and mumbles "I.. Uh, hoped you'd like something like that... I have asked King Arthur's chef for advice on what you would like..."

Raynn
2010-04-14, 03:14 PM
Navi smiles at Fabio taking some food from Jake happily. As the group arrives the first few minutes are filled with easy banter, Navi makes light hearted jokes as she seems to have adjusted to more indepth emotions quite easily.

She turns to Jake to ask for another of whatever medieval dish he had been serving Fabio and Jake saw her eyes glow golden, she continues to smile, not having noticed, though she does notice Jake's stare.

"Jake. . . ?"

Sliver
2010-04-14, 03:22 PM
Jake reminds himself when the first time this happened. He sighs, saddened and relieved. She didn't feel it, it's not painful to her this time...

He motions suddenly and the food that wasn't held starts packing itself. He grabs Navi's arm and looks at the others "Prepare for action, the Navigation club never rests! Not even on Friday afternoons!" he exclaims.

He grabs the basket "Maybe it won't be so horrible and we will have a chance to finish eating.." he explains as he transfers the soul essence into a defensive position.

"I hope it's somewhere nice this time... And not about me starting a zombie plague... Be ready for launch."

Maximum defense, danger sense, notice. Perfect vision (pierce concealment and that type.

Also, he sends a mental message to Athena. "It appears like we are about to move out again..."

Ladorak
2010-04-14, 06:44 PM
Vagrant leaps to his feet, his costume shimmering into being around him 'You've got to be kidding me. It's FRIDAY!' Raw energy crackles through his fingers 'Bring it on universe, it can't be any worse than last time.'

Raynn
2010-04-15, 04:30 PM
There's a flash of light as for a moment Jake is sure that Navi's eye's turn to an almost pure white.

The group looks around and sees. . . a city. (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3900000/Alien-City-science-fiction-3999006-1280-700.jpg) Stretching far into the horizon and beyond, farther than the eye could see.

Navi grabs MetaSouls arm as if by reflex "Ask me where we are, maybe I'll know, like in Athena's office!"

Ladorak
2010-04-15, 05:09 PM
His mouth agog Vagrant asked her nothing of the sort, stepping out from the group he gazes at the city in wonder. 'You guys... I hadn't thought... How beautiful it could be. To travel with you Navi, what an ingrate I've been.'

Raynn
2010-04-15, 05:19 PM
She placed her hand on Vagrant's shoulder as she stepped forward, they were in some parkland on top of sky scraper "and I'd forgotten. . . thank you for reminding me."

She turns back to the group "Is everyone alright?"

Ladorak
2010-04-15, 05:31 PM
He smiles, still lost in his reverence his voice is dreamy 'Then consider the reminder the smallest part of what I owe you for this...' He shakes his head a little, and the focus returns to his voice as he turns, quickly inspecting the others 'I can heal anyone who's hurt. Where are we?'

DeusPravus
2010-04-15, 09:58 PM
Mason stood transfixed by the city, a piece of bread held in his hand, forgotten. He couldn't begin to fathom how such a city could be built, yet alone where to start in the creation. So complex, yet so graceful. As Navi and Vagrant focus on the group, Mason responded "I'm fine. I too would like to know where this place may be, and if he should expect out abilities to be needed." With the last sentence, Mason looks down to where his ring lies, reluctant to bring out such power in an area such as this without good cause.

Sliver
2010-04-16, 12:29 AM
MetaSoul speaks with a lowered voice, saddened by the view "Don't get too attached. If this place is civilized, there is a chance they caused the rift. If we won't manage to talk it out, you can see where I'm going here..." he sighs, then adds "But I'm happy that you weren't in pain like the first time..."

He looks up, examining the sky.

Jake looks to find creatures or machinery that is in the sky to create scouts of the same kind so they blend. If non exist, shadow scouts will be summoned.

Raynn
2010-04-16, 12:04 PM
Navi seems about to say something else to Vagrant when her tone changes completely to a monotone one "location, using point of origin as reference point 1, designate Earth 1, this is the universe of Earth 919, location, surface of the moon of the third planet from Sol, designate New Erde, Temporal drift has occured, 500 years forward."

Navi looks into Jake's eyes terrified "What am I?"

She takes a step forward in the clearing and sees it. . .

An planet, larger than a moon in the night sky, the surface was bright, almost like fire, and it beared down on the world as a gold and red almost sun, the actual sun on the opposite side of the Horizon.

MetaSoul sees no birds and the shadows do not immediately find anything of note.

Sliver
2010-04-16, 12:13 PM
Jake shakes his head "It doesn't matter, you're with us now."

I'm assuming nothing of note means no population as well... Jake gives up the mental shapeshift power and tries to draw in a local spirit to gain some insight about the place and what happened, and maybe about the rift as well.

"The world gone to hell, humanity tried to find a new one? Is that it? Is that what our future holds for us?"

Tichrondrius
2010-04-16, 12:39 PM
"I don't care how pretty this place looks, it isn't home." Riley said, crossing her arms. "I was looking forward to a normal lunch with my friends." She mumbled, looking darkly over at Navi. Maybe if that girl hadn't come..

Riley looks around trying to find the nearest wall or something and steps over to it, but not too far away from her friends, and places her hand on it.

Postcognition.

Search: [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-16, 12:54 PM
Jake:
The scout find nothing within a few seconds of you creating them meaning there was likely no one close enough to see your arrival, they give no indication that world is not populated.

Riley:
You see flashes of Green skinned alien like entities, like the one you met before, little else

"This isn't our world's future. . . I don't think so. . ." she looks down at the ground with a hint of dispair "I hope not. . ."

Sliver
2010-04-16, 12:56 PM
Jake gives up the mental shapeshift power and tries to draw in a local spirit to gain some insight about the place and what happened, and maybe about the rift as well.

Nothing from this?

"The lunch I prepared was nothing near normal." Jake notes.

Raynn
2010-04-16, 01:04 PM
No nearby spirits, sorry

Sliver
2010-04-16, 01:08 PM
Well, the power has nothing to do with range... When I suggested it, I thought of taking a spirit through the rift or something. But that was when I knew who I wanted, so I guess having a range limit for not knowing is quite fair. Alright. So I won't try going Pre/Postcognition, because of the same reasons and it's appropriate now... Instead, Jake keeps focus on his shadows while using ESP to project his sight to scout himself, not being limited by speed and using quickness. [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-16, 01:13 PM
As Jake's scouts move out he comes upon a handful of citizens going about their lives. . . speaking german and everyone of them skrulls. . .

Sliver
2010-04-16, 01:21 PM
Jake steps back, his sight blasts back into his skull. "I hope Disastrous was superpowered compared to her kind, because we are on their territory now.." He says quietly, then he looks at the others.

"They speak German, I can create an illusion to disguise us all as long as we are together, and will use magic so you will be able to understand and speak the language, but..." He sighs "I will leave most of the job to you. If what she said back there is true, it is possible that across time, I have done something here that caused that world. It could be a trap, maybe due to my inaction it all happened... Damn." he looks at Navi, sad "What can I do?"

Shyftir
2010-04-16, 03:22 PM
Green Germans? on Mars? What kind of a freaky universe are we in now? Isaac exclaimed, thoughts of the simple pizza he had wanted lingering miserably in his head.

"Well, I reckon we better do our best to lay low 'til we can figure out what's up."

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:31 AM
Navi turns to Isaac "we're on the moon actually, but I don't remember our one looking like this the last time I was here."

She brushes Jake's arm with her hand "if the rift brought us here from our time then it must have brought them to our time from here. . . probably. . . meaning that maybe she didn't mean you, maybe one of the others. . . the other Metas caused this."

She steps forward almost to the edge "I've been to worlds like this before, where time is not perfectly insync with our world. . . but 500 years out of sync? Only the rift could cause that. . . I hope. . ."

Sliver
2010-04-17, 05:41 AM
Jake shakes his head "It doesn't matter if it's a different me then me. I can't shake responsibility just because it seems convenient. An incarnation of myself caused it, and as my connection with the rift constantly grows, so is my responsibility for my actions, even if not my own. I may not know what me did to cause what Disastrous did, or what me didn't do. I see now, there is no point to delve on what I don't control. We will cross that bridge, or rift, when we get there." Jake raises his hand and casts the illusion, causing them to look like Skrulls and emitting a translating aura. "Alle werden rein, und alles, was, nicht wahr?" he jokingly says.

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:47 AM
"Maybe we should head down a few levels, find some locals, get some intel. . .?" She was uneasy enough in her new form without having to once again look completely different to what she was used to.

Sliver
2010-04-17, 05:53 AM
Jake thinks of the options... They could ask around, but that's suspicious. They could capture and dominate one, but that's just risky. On the other hand...

"A moment, please..." Jake says as he cracks his knuckles, ready to leave.

Jake focuses on ESP with Duration extra for Sustained duration, and sends his mind again, focusing on some of the Skrulls, then he takes Mind Reading 8 Subtle on top of that, trying to find out as much as he can.

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:58 AM
Jake learns that they are not the first humans from their world to have arrived here, whether by choice or not. A handful of humans are currently imprisoned beneath the Science council building. Jake doesn't immediately find the location of the building but he does learn it is within walking distance so it must be one of the nearby structures.

Sliver
2010-04-17, 06:17 AM
Jake looks around "There are humans here. Imprisoned beneath the Science council building, it should be nearby... I'm not sure which of these is it though... But the humans are imprisoned from what I gathered..."

Ladorak
2010-04-17, 11:19 AM
'Well, if your illusion is as good as it appears Jake, we shouldn't have much trouble finding out. I don't know about you guys, but if we're here for a purpose I'd say that was it.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-17, 01:07 PM
"Oo." Riley checks out her Skrull form for a second. "This is just weird. Alright, guys, we'll go get ourselves killed saving some people in the middle of this place. I couldn't take on one Skrull." She mumbles the last part. "But, deal, we have to come back and have that picnic after."

Raynn
2010-04-17, 01:20 PM
At Riley's comment about having the picnoc later Navi smiled "yeah,":smallsmile: she turns towards the others "so who wants to go first if we're just wandering around aimlessly?"

Sliver
2010-04-17, 01:24 PM
"Aimfully" Jake corrects her "We need to find the Science building... I wonder if they are somehow connected to SCIENCE back home..." Jake starts moving, his scouts are sent in front checking the buildings.

Raynn
2010-04-17, 01:52 PM
To the north, a shorter domed building seems to be the Science Council building but the scouts are somehow unable to enter it.

DeusPravus
2010-04-17, 01:55 PM
Mason looks around at the now Skrullified group. "So how does this illusion thing work. Will it drop if we get too far apart, or are we fine to spread out. Regardless, we probably shouldn't go alone, in case things get dangerous." Mason slips his ring on his finger, turning the crest inward. "Whatever is decided upon, we should probably get going. Just standing here might also seem suspicious."

Sliver
2010-04-17, 01:55 PM
Jake points north "It seems the building is located there, but it's likely that it's warded against all kinds of magic, as my shadow scouts can't enter it. Magical disguise might be useless there" he turns to his group "Any ideas? We could hope our powers won't be nullified and blast our way through, but we should keep that, uhhh... Plan, as a last resort/"

Ladorak
2010-04-17, 04:19 PM
'Not liking the sound of that... For all I know you stick me in a magic dampening field I cease to exist...'

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:55 PM
"Well I doubt some random citizens could walk right up to these prisoners so keeping the disguise or not makes no difference, only getting in without being detected matters, with or without the disguises," Navi muses.

"And I agree with Mason, we probably shouldn't just stay here."

Sliver
2010-04-18, 01:20 AM
Jake nods and starts walking.

As he walks (not stopping this time, until a specific spot is reached) he commands most of his scouts to find access through a sewer system or something like that, if it is blocked halfway through it's good too. The few others will search for a way in above ground level, and keep track of Skrulls in the building if there are windows, and others that go around the building. Also, checking the roof. Disguise is maintained while walking there.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:55 AM
The shadows find an access route to some of the lower levels of the complex through the cleanest sewer system, and most advanced, Jake had ever seen.

As they walk they see some propaganda posters depicting scary looking firey monsters as enemies of brave skrull soldiers.

The few civilians that they encounter keep much to themselves, almost out of fear, not of you but due to an atmosphere of it.

Sliver
2010-04-18, 07:01 AM
As they approach the sewer entrance, Jake will switch to a sphere of invisibility and silence (selective) when he is sure no one is looking. When they get to it, he will add an illusion of the entrance not being tempered with and concentrates on it while someone opens it. (mental communication, radius and selective to make coordination possible)

Raynn
2010-04-18, 01:25 PM
Navi holds the door open until everyone is inside.

She turns to Jake "I am new to the process of waste disposal having been 100 efficient with my fuel before my new found humanity but aren't sewer systems. . . normally. . . well not this clean?"

Limos
2010-04-18, 01:31 PM
Fabio walks along with the others, gawking at the buildings, the landscape, the populace, the floors, the sky, and really just about everything. He doesn't have anything to add to the discussion but is glad to be included. Part of him screams that he should be smiting the green devils, but the other parts tell him that he should look for bigger ones to smite because these are sort of shrimpy looking and it wouldn't be very impressive to beat them up. "Methinks there might be more of those she-devils about. We should be on guard."

Sliver
2010-04-18, 01:35 PM
"They're German" Says Jake, as if it should answer Navi's question and explain everything. He wondered if his green speech pattern had anything to do with the Skrull's skin color.

Jake lets his scouts advance before them as always.

Besides the scouts, 2 points in notice and having Danger Sense for a sure to succeed check. Also, Super Sense awareness in case something would be watching them.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 01:40 PM
The scout cannot seem to enter once the group reaches underneath the Science council building, a little bit farther ahead of where the scouts were forced to stop the group finds a large circluar hatch above their heads, most likely a way into the science council building.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-18, 01:46 PM
"I'm not liking this at all." Riley mutters to herself, keeping her arms wrapped around her, as she walks along with the rest of the group slowly. She sighs deeply, making her discomfort loudly known.

Sliver
2010-04-18, 01:51 PM
"There are a couple of possibilities... The building might suppress magic entirely, but it might be a barrier that magic can't pass through but once inside it works. It could also notify them of magic use if that is the case, so for safety, once inside... No powers unless we absolutely have to."

Jake breathes deeply and concentrates again.

Trying to draw the spirits of the Skrulls he saw before, trying to gather information and use them to see through the rift into the past and future. [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-18, 02:11 PM
No skrull spirits rest on the entire moon. Little else can be seen, searching for spirits is difficult and the earth burns like a sun in the spirit plane. The souls there burned brighter than any others you'd ever seen, stopping you from harnessing them. You see other flashes though but sadly you can tell there not from this side of the rift and so not what you were searching for.

A man in armour holds a lantern bathed in orange light in front that same monolith you saw before. A black ring rests on the finger of a long dead hero, you see two heroes in a group that numbers round a dozen turn to skrulls with the powers of almost all the rest.

You see a war that burns the world to ash as a new skrull empire rises forth from your earth to reach towards every planet, every star, every galaxy, every parallel, every corner of creation! All bound beneath the iron heel of skrull.

You see a war, and another and another.

You see your death, a limp form in Navi's hands, an alien in a blue and black uniform stands above you, he feels familiar, you see despair on his face, broken hope and for some reason that sight seems more alien than his features.

You stumble to the ground in the sewer, Navi falls to her knees at your side and takes your hand "Jake! What's wrong?! What did you see?!"

Sliver
2010-04-18, 02:19 PM
"My... Death." Jake whispers.

He gasps for air and tries to stand up, leaning weakly on Navi. "The Skrull, they are within... Deception, war, control, domination... Orange lantern, blue guard... Broken hope... My death." he shakes his head, slightly glowing with renewed energy he summoned.

"This place is odd... It's lost, or sealed... I can't contact the spirits, can't ask... We should continue, I want to get out of here as fast as possible."

Raynn
2010-04-18, 02:21 PM
As the bulkhead comes open you see a large store room, it's dark and grey, the only windows are small and lined with bars, it seems you've found the store rooms closest to the holding cells.

Sliver
2010-04-18, 02:27 PM
Jake looks at the others, clearly the energy wasn't enough to return him to his true self. He motions that he will take the rear...

Letting someone else take the lead for now. :smalltongue:

Ladorak
2010-04-18, 03:13 PM
Vagrant makes a show of examining the backs of his hands 'Yip, still existing... I think. You guys can see me right?' He pauses long enough for comic effect but not long enough for them to answer. Our human friends upstairs better have some answers because, clean or not, I'd hate to think I'd waded through a sewer for no good reason.
'Maybe now we're closer the third eye will work...'

ESP 10 to scout the area a little.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 03:55 PM
The wards on the area makes Vagrant's third site blurred and jumpy, almost drunken. From what he can tell the Humans are guarded by a single super skrull down a corridor to the north in pod like devices. He can't make out any specifics.

Ladorak
2010-04-18, 04:51 PM
Rubbing the center of his forehead in pain Vagrant relays to the others what he sees. 'It's so strange such a technologically advanced people would see the need for such warding... It's good to know the tyranny of rationality will never truely beat the sublime. Still, there are many types of warding, give me a moment...'

Arcane Knowledge check to determine what exactly the field blocks, where it comes from and how we can shut it down. [roll0]