PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon- The very best

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:20 PM
If you feel I'm missing something important, please tell me, i've never realy done this before. :smallsmile:

After the encouragement of... a few playgrounders, I decided to make this thread. Play as whatever kind of character you want, trainer member of a preorganized evil orgonization (rocket, magma etc.), maybe a lab assistant. Just make a character within reason... Like no starting with ultimate pokemon, no catching legendaries, and no ruling aforementioned evil groups.

Other than that, have fun and try not to cause to many natural dissastors...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/oots/g465.png
Name: Jake
Pokemon (be sure to change this when your party changes): Grotle 18, Numel 14, Leadeon 17
Description: I can draw with Inkscape, but you should probably add this.
Home town: Sandgem
Badges (update this and ribbons as well): 1
Ribons: 0

This is set in Sinnoh, maybe if we get enough players we can make more threads for the different regions.

Jake yawns after a long day's walk from Sandgem. He was visiting his parents after weeks of adventure; the rest was realy nice and all, but he needed to get back to earning gym badges.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 08:22 PM
question: gym leaders?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:23 PM
Hmmm... Crap. :smalleek: I could roleplay as them? Or maybe someone out of school.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 08:25 PM
Well, someone needs to GM and take charge of the NPCs. I'm not very familiar with FFRP, though, so I don't know how it will work.
Question: In this setting, are competitive trainers with level 100 Pokemon common? I would play as one, but not if I'm the only one around.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 08:26 PM
A girl with blonde hair comes up, accompanied by a Pokemon that looks like a blue penguin. (Did you expect anything else from me?)
She is wearing blue. Hello. My name is Tiffany.

Name: Tiffany
Pokemon: Prinplup 18, Psyduck 13, Spheal 14
Description: Blonde hair, green eyes, wears blue.
Home town: Moved from Hoenn.
Badges (update this and ribbons as well): 1
Ribons: 1

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:27 PM
I don't know if having lvl 100 pokemon would be best right now. I'm going to see if I can find someone good with pokemon in the gaming section to GM.

Hmm? Oh hello, i'm Jake. Jake cooly reaches his hand out to shake hers.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 08:29 PM
Hmm? Oh hello, i'm Jake. Jake cooly reaches his hand out to shake hers.

It's nice to meet you. Are you a trainer, perhaps?

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 08:30 PM
also keeping the RP and OOC/recruitment is advisable. see some of the other universes for example.

i wanna play a gym leader!:smallbiggrin: probably dark or something maybe even just make a random team.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:30 PM
Yeah! Jake reaches into his backpack and tosses three pokeballs into the air. Come on out guys! [/standard pokemon phrase]

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 08:35 PM
Yeah! Jake reaches into his backpack and tosses three pokeballs into the air. Come on out guys! [/standard pokemon phrase]

She observes them. Fascinating. I have a team composed of Water-type Pokemon. she brings out her trio. So.. As we've looked eachother in the eyes....

(EDIT: I also love you for this.)

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 08:37 PM
(CA... I love you for this.

I must make my character!)

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:38 PM
Yes, I suppoese we have looked eachother in the ey- oh, you want to battle?
Jake laughs and recalls numel and leafeon.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 08:39 PM
Yes, I suppoese we have looked eachother in the ey- oh, you want to battle?
Jake laughs and recalls numel and leafeon.

That's what I was after. Spheal, Prinplup, go! she sends her duo out.
(There moves are:
Spheal
Ice Ball Water Gun
Tackle Aurora Beam

Prinplup
Bide Brine
Bubblebeam Metal Claw)

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:39 PM
also keeping the RP and OOC/recruitment is advisable. see some of the other universes for example.

i wanna play a gym leader!:smallbiggrin: probably dark or something maybe even just make a random team.

Would you mind either GMing or just playing gym leaders?

Ah, a double battle, why didn't you say so? Leafeon, go! The pokenall spirals out of his hand and the pokemon get ready to battle.

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 08:40 PM
(Question: Can I have just moved in from Johto?)

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 08:41 PM
(Question: Can I have just moved in from Johto?)

Dosen't matter.

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 08:42 PM
Dosen't matter.

(Hey, you never know. Uno momento, por favor, whilst I whip up mine character)

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 08:44 PM

Ah, a double battle, why didn't you say so? Leafeon, go! The pokenall spirals out of his hand and the pokemon get ready to battle.

when one plays a FFRPG the NPCs are usually playedby the person interacting with them or by a comity. i would prefer to play individual PCs. also there will probably be a ton of people playing therefor little need for a "GM" ((hehe:smalltongue:))

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 08:45 PM

(Inconvienient small deadtime. I'm sorry. :smallfrown:)

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 08:49 PM
Name: Daniel
Pokemon: Quilava 17, Mudkip 15, Munchlax 10
Description: Brown hair/eyes, enjoys red shirts and blue jeans.
Hometown: Blackthorn, Johto
Badges: 1 (atm)
Ribbons: 0

Daniel watches the two trainers prepare to battle. "This should be good."

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-06, 09:03 PM
(I want in on this! My character in Town, Eternal Drifter, originally came from this universe. In Town, he follows a forgotten god, but here, that god is revealed without any possible copyright infringements and mods smashing down on me...

Arceus.)

(Character moved to OOC Thread)

In character:

Construction was going poorly.
Donations had dried up... and ever since the incident on Mt. Cornet about a year ago, people were not as willing to donate to a temple of Arceus.
I had been forced to lay off all of the construction staff execpt for the sculptor, and even his time was drawing to a close here, unless I managed to get a donation.
The sculptor was carving a statue based on the engravings on three plates I had found...
A statue of Arceus.

Edit: 4 Ninjas!

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:14 PM
As the two trainers begin their battle, a loud roar can be heard from the distance. The onlookers turn to see what new surprise awaits them, and are horrified to see a large Gyrados bearing down on the match. A few scatter in panic, having seen documentaries of the infamous rages Gyrados are known for, but the brave ones who linger are the first to notice the boyish man standing on the beast's head. He is in his mid twenties, and wearing a large brown trench coat which flutters in the wind. The sun glints of trendy sunglasses, and he smiles as he notices the battle. A tap of the foot, and his Gyrados turns towards the action. He is cool, he is confident...he is flying through the air, arms waving wildly as he screams in panic. He didn't notice the large boulder in the path of his pokemon, and neither did Gyrados until his smashed into it, the shock tossing his rider high into the air!

The man lands several feet away from the trainers, sprawled on his back and obviously in pain. He tries to sit up, then thinks better of it and collapses in a cloud of dust. A single arm rises from the cloud, defiantly clutching an ID card.

"Eric Nomayer, League Official! Who's monitoring this battle?"

I created an OOC thread for this, so that we can keep the rest of the posts to the action, characters, and whatever. I think trainer information, etc, should go here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8238235#post8238235

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 09:16 PM
Daniel steps up to the League official, apparently unafraid, "Sir, I don't think this battle needs a necessary monitor. It just looks like a friendly test."

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:21 PM
Trying not to smile, Eric says as gruffly as possible, "Ah, very well then. Carry on, and feel free to ask questions. Oh, and if my bosses ask, I did not just pass out."

*Passes out*

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-06, 09:22 PM
Drifter gathers up his Poke'mon (he keeps them all out of their balls, though he keeps the balls on hand in case of an emergency), and starts to head out through the canyon. He stops, turns around, and speaks to the sculptor.

"You're fired. I've got no more to pay you with."

Drifter heads through the canyon... and dodges a now moving boulder that a Gyarados ran into.

"A battle? Watch and learn, fellow followers," Drifter says to his Poke'mon.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 09:23 PM
(I'm back!)
Spheal! Aurora beam at Leafeon! And Prinplup, bubblebeam at Numel!

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:06 PM
An older blue-haired trainer shows up to watch the battle. He smiles at the finesse with which Tiffany commands her Pokemon.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 10:12 PM
Leafeon gracefully jumps over the beam, but do not fret! The bubbles hit the pokeball carrying Numel. :smallwink:

Jake comands Grotle to use seed bomb on spheal and for Leafeon to get close to Spheal.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 10:14 PM
(What of the Aurora beam aimed at Grotle?)
Prinplup, Bide!!
Spheal, use Aurora beam on Grotle again and get out of there!

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 10:19 PM
Grotle is hit by the Aura Beam and moves back a little, It grunts, Jake shouts encouragement and for it to stop Prinplup with razor leaf. Leafeon is told to use bite on Spheal.

EDIT: WP, i'm on my DS...

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:22 PM
"Gyrados!" Eric yelled from the dirt. "Lift me up so that I can see this battle!"

"Gur!" the water dragon replied. It quickly uncoiled, collecting its owner in its jaws as it rose. There was an audible crack as Eric's back straightened out.

"Ah, much better!" he crowed as he looked at the battle going on above him. Above him? Eric was momentarily confused, until he looked "down" to see Gyrados gently clutching his feet between its fangs. Sighing, Eric shook his head.

"You know," he said peevishly, "we are going to have a loooong talk when this is over!"

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 10:23 PM
Prinplup is struck, and it seems painful for him. Keep going, Prinplup. Spheal! Aurora beam Leafeon!!!

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 10:30 PM
Lefeon tries to dodge, but is hit. Grotle sees this, and with Jake's command, uses Seed bomb on Spheal.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 10:31 PM
Lefeon tries to dodge, but is hit. Grotle sees this, and with Jake's command, uses Seed bomb on Spheal.

Spheal is struck out of the way, struggling to make a recovery. He gets up, eventually, and uses Aurora beam on Grotle.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 10:34 PM
Grotle, being unable to dodge anything, attempts to block with Energy Ball.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 10:35 PM
Grotle, being unable to dodge anything, attempts to block with Energy Ball.

Prinplup at last unleashes the power of Bide on Grotle. (If you don't know, Bide does twice the damage inflicted while the Pokemon was bidding.)

Deadtime

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-06, 10:38 PM
Grotle is surprised and almost Faints.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 10:59 PM
Not afar off, hiding up in a tree, is a ghost Pokemon. A Misdrevous, to be precise.

http://i39.tinypic.com/6yjcsk.jpg

She peers over the branches at the humans, her jeweled necklace brushing up against some of the leaves. Her hair flows behind her, against the gentle breeze in the opposite direction. She also finds herself a little hungry.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 11:03 PM
The blue-haired trainer catches a glimpse of the ghost Pokemon in the tree. He's seen Misdreavus before, but something about this one catches his attention. Maybe it's just that there are usually no Misdreavus around this area. He cautiously approaches the tree, taking care not to scare or offend the mysterious Pokemon.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:07 PM
Misdrevous doesn't notice him, yet. She looks out for a moment or two longer, then floats silently to another tree.

As soon as she arrives in it, and hides herself appropriately, she makes a very humanlike sobbing sound. It sounds like a young girl who's in grave danger, scared of something lurking in the shadows.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 11:10 PM
Blue continues following the Misdreavus, determined to find out about her.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:16 PM
The Misdreavus hears Blue's approach, and continues sobbing for a moment or two more. She turns invisible (being a ghost Pokemon, after all), and abruptly stops sobbing.

She then floats up and around the tree - only the small movement of the branches giving away her position - and then behind Blue.

Once behind him, she reaches out with her mouth, and bites and tugs on some of his hair.
She then immediately makes a loud, terrified-sounding scream.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 11:18 PM
Ouch! Hey, cut it out, will you?

Blue just now realizes that despite his experience with the Pokemon League, he is absolutely clueless on how to handle Ghost Pokemon. He turns to the Misdreavus, holding out his arms in what he hopes is a placating gesture.

Hey, I won't hurt you. My name's Blue. What's yours?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:21 PM
As far as I know, only some Pokemon talk...
But I think that Misdreavus have the vocal chords that allow them to speak and sound humanlike.

"My name's Bluewhats," she says, turning visible again, and laughing silently.

She floats about eye-level at the moment, and her hair seems to be being blown in the opposite direction of the breeze.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 11:25 PM
Blue chuckles at the Pokemon's antics. Heh. I like you. Sorry I can't stay and play. Just remembered, I have errands to run.

(Deadtime.)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:30 PM
The Misdreavous giggles along with him, then watches him leave, with a "See you soon," that seems to fade out of existance, so that you doubt that she actually said that.

...and she's still hungry.

((Bye!))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-06, 11:47 PM
The Misdreavous might notice a young woman walking by. She wears blue jeans and a black hoodie, and has long, brown hair. She's smiling as she walks, looking around a little. She hasn't seen the Misdreavous yet.

She's kind of interested in the battle. But that isn't why she's here.

A Chikorita follows her as she walks.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:52 PM
Indeed, the Misdreavus does notice her. She turns invisible again, and floats her way over to following Alysha, from behind.

She goes slightly faster, so that she can catch up.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-06, 11:54 PM
Alysha stops a little ways from the battle. She sits down on the ground and stretches her legs out.

The Chikorita walks over and curls up between her legs. She smiles and pats its head.

It's such a nice day out, isn't it Leafy? Leafy responds by nuzzling Alysha's hand a little.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:57 PM
The Misdreavus (I keep on wanting to write 'Misdrevous') stops behind Alysha, still silent.

Then, she bends, and...pulls Alysha's hair! Pulls it hard.

Then, a disembodied giggle can be heard.

The Misdrevus is hoping that Alysha's scared, so that she can eat now.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:01 AM
Ah! Alysha lets out a yell of surprise and quickly turns her head, trying to see behind her. Leafy quickly rose to her feet and is looking around a little.

Who...who's there? She sounds a little nervous, at least.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:04 AM
Her necklace shimmers slightly as it absorbs the mild fear - the glow of the necklace can be seen by Alysha now, floating eye level.

She moves a little backwards from Alysha, just out of arm's reach, and has stopped giggling because she doesn't want to be spotted.

But, her necklace's dim glow gives her away.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:09 AM
Alysha sees the necklace. She tilts her head a little as she stares at it.

Is that...hang on. She reaches into her bag, pulls out her Pokedex, and starts searching.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:15 AM
The glow of the blue necklace fades, as the fear is no longer being absorbed.

She, now completely invisible again, floats upwards higher now, then above Alysha, to see what this "Pokedex" is.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:20 AM
Misdreavous will see pictures of quite a few Pokemon as Alysha searches for that necklace.

Ah-ha! Alysha finds what she's looking for. The device shows a picture of what a standard Misdreavous would be. ((Not sure if this one has any different characteristics.))

Look, Leafy! It's a Misdreavous. She lowers the Pokedex so that Leafy can see the picture.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:25 AM
Well, since I keep on changing her description on the fly, she currently looks like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/34r7lf8.jpg Except invisible. As compared to what a normal one, http://i44.tinypic.com/ruupv6.jpg (minus the sword and with yellow eyes) looks like.

The ghost pokemon wonders if that's what she really looks like.
Then, the 'dex is brought away! How rude!
She moves down, so she can look at the Pokedex again, being rather close to the Chikarita.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:29 AM
Hmmm...you think Smoke might help us out with this?

Leafy nods a little.

Alysha puts the Pokedex away, then pulls out a Pokeball and tosses it up.

And out of it comes a Gastly.

Smoke! I think there's a Misdreavous around here. Think you could help us find it?

The Gastly nods. And starts looking around.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:34 AM
The Misdreavus is down by the Chikorita, looking up at the Ghastly.

Generally, ghost pokemon can see other ghosts, so she should be visible, I guess.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:39 AM
I would think so.

Smoke sees the Misdreavous. He floats over to her. Hi! How are you doing? ((Italics means Pokemon talking to Pokemon. For me, anyway.))

Leafy looks up at Smoke, since it seems he's talking to her. Smoke, what are you talking about?

You can't see her, but the Misdreavous is right here.

Alysha just watches for now.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:42 AM
"Hi," says the Misdreavus. "Who are you?"

She floats closer to Alysha again, to behind her head.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:44 AM
Um...was that to Alysha?

If so:
I'm Alysha! And this is Leafy and Smoke!

If not:
I am Smoke. This is Leafy and Alysha.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:49 AM
Oh, right. Sorry, that was to Ghastly. Which means that Chikorita can hear it, and Alysha can hear some "Mistreavus talking in Pokemon" noises.

So, after Ghastly said who they are, the Mistreavus, who is behind Alysha now, makes a very humanlike shriek, intent on scaring her again.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:56 AM
It works. Kind of. More surprise again.

Ah! Alysha yells and jumps a little.

Hey! Why did you do that?

Leafy goes over to Alysha and nuzzles her some more.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:59 AM
Misdreavus giggles again (obviously a giggle!) and floats upwards, towards the Ghastly. "Because I'm hungry," she says, as her greenish necklace absorbs the fear again, and as I borrow your advice to make italics in pokelanguages and straightup in humanlanguages.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:03 AM
Yay! My advice is used!

Smoke tilts his head a little. Which is the same as tilting his whole body, I guess. What, you can't eat normal food?

At this point, Alysha suspects that Smoke has found the Misdreavous and is talking to her. Of course, she has no idea what is being said.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 01:05 AM
"Well, I can," she explains, "but this tastes better, and is easier to get."

Misdreavus starts circling around Ghastly. Around, and around, and around, like a carosel without brakes.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:09 AM
But it's mean. It's not like Alysha did anything to you.

Smoke's face moves a little as Misdreavous circles him. He isn't following her, but he does move to widen his peripheral vision a little.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 01:11 AM
Scallon walks through, he sees Alysha. To any normal person, what is seen is a normal pokemon trainer.
to Scallon, he saw a sucker.
she looked like a newbie, newbies were easy to fool. gotta get in close first though. prey was skittish unless you approached with the right friendly demeanor.
Scallon seeing the situation and assessing it he saw two opportunities. time to catch a misdreavus and steal some pokeballs.
he walked up to Alysha, perched upon Scallon's right shoulder was his Skitty, he smiled.
Why hello, what is your name? is this Misdreavus giving you any trouble? I can help."

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 01:15 AM
She continues going around and around and around...
"So? It's fun, and she's a human, and I'm hungry, and it's not like she minds anyway," explains the ghost-type pokemon.

If Ghastly would care to watch her hair, he will notice that it's moving in random directions, but uniformly in that random direction. Whether straight up, to the left, to the right, or so on, it moves like that, often times curling around.

And, she's still invisible.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:20 AM
((The Misdreavous is invisible and talking to the Gastly, named Smoke. Alysha is watching Smoke and holding her Chikorita, named Leafy. Also, italics are Pokemon talking to Pokemon, so the people can't understand them.))

Of course she minds! You're scaring her. Most people don't like that. Smoke does notice the hair, but doesn't really think much of it.

Alysha turns to face Scallon, with a smile on her face. Hi! I'm Alysha! Nice to meet you! She'll hold out a hand to shake.

Her Pokeballs are not on a belt, like most trainers. Odd.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 01:25 AM
"Nope, I'll bet you that she doesn't mind. Some people like it, I think. Oh, and look. There's someone else. I'll even show to you that people don't mind and that they like it." She stops circling around Ghastly, and then invisbly and silently floats towards Scallon's Skitty, from behind.

Once behind, she then tries to pull at the Skitty's tail.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:36 AM
((...Darn...))

I just said she does mind! And I just said some people are okay with it! But not her!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 01:45 AM
((I know. It's sad. :smallfrown: ))

"Well, then, why don't you ask her?" suggests Misdreavus. "Because I think she's fine with it."

The invisible ghost pokemon floats back to in front of Alysha now that I think he's deadtimed.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:50 AM
Because she can't understand me.

Alysha looks at Smoke. Where is it now?

Smoke nods to right about where the Misdreavous is. Seeing this, Alysha reaches out in front of her.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 01:53 AM
Misdreavus was going to turn visible to scare Alysha again. She was totally planning on it, too!

However, she's touched by the hands of Alysha, right before turning visible again. So, she makes a very humanlike sobbing sound...maybe that'll work? She also has turned visible, and has been touched.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:57 AM
No scare this time.

But the sobbing makes Alysha think she's sad.

Aw, are you okay?

If Smoke had hands, he'd probably be holding his forehead with one now.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:02 AM
Well, that didn't work...

She stops the sobbing noise, and turns towards the ghastly, and says, "See? What did I tell you."

Then, she faces Alysha again, and says, "Yes. I am okay."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 02:03 AM
Smoke looks confused now.

Alysha blinks in surprise. You can talk? That's awesome! She has a big grin now.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:07 AM
She doesn't say anything now, this time. But if she would have, she would have just echoed what Alysha said, with even the same tone and close to the same pitch.

And, unless Alysha is holding onto the lightweight pokemon, then she starts to float again.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 02:09 AM
Alysha watches her float.

So, uh, do you have a name? Or should I just cal you Misdreavous?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:11 AM
"Do you have a name?" she asks back, to Alysha, despite already knowing what it is.

She is up higher now, and is looking down again.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 02:14 AM
Alysha nods. I'm Alysha. This is Leafy, and that's Smoke.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:22 AM
The Misdreavus looks at all three of them again. "I'm Muma Feuforeve the Demon of a Dream," she says. She says her name in not-human, because she doesn't know how to translate it, which explains why she told Blue her name was Bluewhats.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 02:23 AM
Um...I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Could you maybe repeat it? Please?

And deadtime. Nighty night!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:25 AM
She decides to say something in Human now. "My name's Isleafy."

If you're wondering where she got that, she got it from the Chicarita.

(Goodnight!))

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 06:33 AM
So do we start with whatever three pokemon we want (within reason)? or must we choose one of the 12 Starters?

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 06:42 AM
So do we start with whatever three pokemon we want (within reason)? or must we choose one of the 12 Starters?

(Check out the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148126) but I think almost anything short of legendaries is fair game.)

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 07:51 AM
Vlad walks in hoodie zipped and hood over head If he can see the Misdreavus he say's to her in a deep booming scary voice (yes in Pokemon, the cry is Something like Krai Dar Dar Krai)
Hello, shadow of life how would you like to join my Army of Nightmares?

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:06 AM
"Nope, I'll bet you that she doesn't mind. Some people like it, I think. Oh, and look. There's someone else. I'll even show to you that people don't mind and that they like it." She stops circling around Ghastly, and then invisbly and silently floats towards Scallon's Skitty, from behind.

Once behind, she then tries to pull at the Skitty's tail.

"ow! hey that hurt, its rude to go around pulling my tail! don't do that!!"
"Whats'matter Skitty? something there? Do I need to get my other pokemon?"

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 09:09 AM

No, no you don't trainer.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:13 AM
"hey! I heard what you said to the Misdreavus! what are you up to!?"
"....ok...still need help catching it? I know a good way to control the situation."

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 09:14 AM
Vostok saunters almost aimlessly into the area, his black trenchcoat tightly buttoned and seeming to shiver because of the cold breeze- despite the fact that the weather was pleasantly warm and a light sweat was developing on his brow.

He looked around carefully, trying not to let on that he was looking for anything in particular as he waited for a contact to arrive. His eyes lighted at the sight of so many pokemon playing nearby, thinking that these would be an excellent start to Team Rocket's acquisitions in the Sinnoh region.

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 09:20 AM
"hey! I heard what you said to the Misdreavus! what are you up to!?"
"....ok...still need help catching it? I know a good way to control the situation."

Ah, My fine skitty how would you like to be in charge of the trainers?

Oh I don't catch Pokemon that's cruel.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:24 AM
Ah, My fine skitty how would you like to be in charge of the trainers?

Oh I don't catch Pokemon that's cruel.

"Nah, more beneficial to have a partnership in my case.."
Scallon frowned. no one was taking the bait. plan B it is.
"well, if your not gonna do it, I will catch it."

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 09:28 AM
No, I shall battle you with my army.
but you're enslaved?

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 10:11 AM
Vostok watched, intrigued by the actions of Vlad. The guy was obviously- at least to Vostok's mind- a misfit of some sort, and might make an excellent pawn, but that would require that this misfit understand which of them was better than the other.

He swaggered over, obviously full of himself and absently flicking the black ponytail that ran down his back. "Oy, freak!" he snarled at Vlad, his face curled into a sneer, "Yeah, I'm talking about you, we'll have a pokemon battle here and now."

Without waiting for a response, he released his Glameow, motioning it to move behind their prey.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 10:45 AM
At this point, the battle is interrupted by a figure with a yellow raincoat and wild hair jumping between the two.

"WHOA! Okay, don't panic! You got that? I battle one of you first. I don't know why, but it's some sort of protocol or something. Maybe a tradition. Anyway, I only need 20 more EXP before something levels up!"

At this point, a small Magnemite catches up with him and bumps into the back of his head. He spins round, nearly tripping over Vlad as he does so. He grabs the Pokemon in both hands and gives it a long, hard look in the eye, before relaxing and turning to look at the other people again.

"Okay. On second thoughts, ignore that last bit. Anyone fancy a battle? Start battling while you think what to say. It saves time."

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 10:53 AM
"Okay then," muttered Vostok, bemused, "I'll be happy to battle you then. I'll even keep going with the Glameow that's already out. Now, Glameow, start things going with Fake Out."

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 10:55 AM
Blue comes back from the errands he was running. He stops to watch the battle. Looks like pretty standard fare.

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 11:03 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/y12df.jpg
Jason comes out of the Pokemon center to see a battle going on.

"Cool!"

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 11:22 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/y12df.jpg
Jason comes out of the Pokemon center to see a battle going on.

"Cool!"

Hello there trainer.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 11:22 AM
"Hmm. Fake Out. Interesting choice... You see, I never understood just how a Pokemon with no hands can slap hands. Just a quick note."

At this point he quickly draws a Pokeball from his hand and flings it right at the Glameow. It bounces off the Glameow's head and returns to his hand.

"What? You didn't expect it to actually do anything, did you?"

At this point, he encourages the Magnemite, which is just recovering from the hit.

"Come on! Thunder Wave!"

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 11:33 AM
Hello there trainer.
Jason is a bit unnerved.
"Er... Hi. Nice to meet you"

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 11:40 AM
"You thought I was using Fake Out for anything more than the automatic flinch? Because if so, you thought wrong. Glameow, come back right now, we'll let Steelix take the thunder wave."

With a flash, Glameow darts back into the pokeball, promptly being replaced with the massive form of the iron serpent, Steelix.

"Now, Steelix, start off the next round with Fire Fang"

(OOC: Does your Magnemite have Sturdy or Magnet Pull for an ability? Either way, Steelix is gonna win this match up.)

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 11:44 AM
Jason is a bit unnerved.
"Er... Hi. Nice to meet you"

My name is dar-Vlad, Vlad is my name.
Don't be scared I won't bite.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 12:01 PM
(OOC: Why, Magnet Pull.)

Magnemite takes the hit, and stays floating, although weakened.

"I can switch Pokemon too, you know. Psyduck!"

Throwing another Pokeball, the Psychic Duck Pokemon comes out, with only a mild headache to show for it.

"Water gun, please. It's super effective."

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 12:04 PM

Throwing another Pokeball, the Psychic Duck Pokemon comes out, with only a mild headache to show for it.

Why are you forcing your Pokemon to fight! it's unethical!

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 12:18 PM
Why are you forcing your Pokemon to fight! it's unethical!

Jason quirks an eyebrow.
"I figure that if the giant metal snake with huge friggin' jaws didn't want to listen to its trainer, it wouldn't."

Nehh
2010-04-07, 12:19 PM
Alric stops paying attention to the battle and turns to face Vlad.

"I'm not forcing them to fight. They're defending. Anyway, I take them right back if they get hurt. And until he actually hurt Magnemite here, I used completely non-damaging moves. Isn't that right?" At this point, both the Magnemite and the Psyduck turn and nod at Vlad.

"Anyway, I'm sure there are far easier things you could do to stop Pokemon being mistreated than trying to stop a battle midway. Like, say, checking out what he's doing *points at Scallon*. Seems to be up to no good."

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 12:20 PM
"I figure that if the giant metal snake with huge friggin' jaws didn't want to listen to its trainer, it wouldn't.

You're brainwashing it with your pokeballs!

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 12:23 PM

(OOC: I got called away at no notice, but I'm back now)
Steelix shrinks at the Water Gun, taking about half damage due to its massive defensive power.
"Okay, now that Magnemite has left us, come back Steelix."

The Steelix returned to its ball with a sigh of relief.

"Now I'll go with Alakazam and attack with Shock Wave"

The air pressure around you seems to increase under the psychic pressure of Alakazam's release, and you get a sensation as if you were just about to have a nose-bleed. With its eyes closed, the Alakazam launches a powerful, and deadly accurate electric attack, before turning to the opposing trainer and very slowly winking, knowingly.

"Let's put it this way," Vostok snarls, "the last person Vostok didn't like lost his hand to a Fire Fang- permanently. We're more or less kindred spirits though."

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 12:24 PM

Jason looks angry, and calls forth his Houndour.
"This is Zann. He came to me willingly. No brainwashing. The pokeball just makes him easier to carry around."

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 12:27 PM
Zann if that is your real name break free of your control and join me in my Army
But how many Wild Pokemon have you caught?

Nehh
2010-04-07, 12:45 PM
(OOC: I got called away at no notice, but I'm back now)
Steelix shrinks at the Water Gun, taking about half damage due to its massive defensive power.
"Okay, now that Magnemite has left us, come back Steelix."

The Steelix returned to its ball with a sigh of relief.

"Now I'll go with Alakazam and attack with Shock Wave"

The air pressure around you seems to increase under the psychic pressure of Alakazam's release, and you get a sensation as if you were just about to have a nose-bleed. With its eyes closed, the Alakazam launches a powerful, and deadly accurate electric attack, before turning to the opposing trainer and very slowly winking, knowingly.

"So. You're serious, then. Let me show you what I do when I get serious."

The hand reaches down inside the raincoat and pulls out another Pokeball - an Ultra Ball, no less - before withdrawing his other Pokemon.

"Can't touch this. Shedinja!"

The Shed Pokemon is hit by the electric wave, but just shrugs it off through it's Wonder Guard.

"Now. Shadow Ball."

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 12:50 PM
Drifter promptly shrugs off and appoligizes for the unanounced deadtime. He looks around, and sees a Shedinja in battle.

"I really must get one of those..." he muses. "Their defences would make them great guards."

He pets the Pikachu on his shoulder, and then pets each of his other three Poke'mon in turn. He then examines his staff, while keeping an eye on the battle.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 12:51 PM
"So. You're serious, then. Let me show you what I do when I get serious."

The hand reaches down inside the raincoat and pulls out another Pokeball - an Ultra Ball, no less - before withdrawing his other Pokemon.

"Can't touch this. Shedinja!"

The Shed Pokemon is hit by the electric wave, but just shrugs it off through it's Wonder Guard.

"Now. Shadow Ball."

Of its own free will, Alakazam uses Teleport, dodging the oncoming shadowball just enough not to be knocked out.
"Okay, there's only one choice for this, Glameow get back out there and use Faint Attack- if I know anything about Shedinja, that'll take it in a single hit"

Glameow returns to the field with a snarl, unleashing its boundless rage at the world in general upon the poor, helpless Shedinja.

(OOC: @ Eternal Drifter- Not really no, they suffer too much from any form of passive damage, they only ever have one hit point (even at Lv100) and there's super effective damage from Dark, Ghost, Rock, Flying and Fire types)

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 12:57 PM
Drifter chuckles. "Of course, before deciding to capture one, there is the matter of it's weakness," Drifter mutters to himself. "If something gets through it's defences, it's gone in one hit..."

Drifter examines his staff once more, then stands up.

"Pikachu, off. Zubat, with me. Let's find someone to train against, shall we?"

The Pikachu hops to the ground next to the Chikorita and Sentret, and Drifter walks toward the battles going on, the Zubat following closely.

(@Mercenary: I knew that they have one hit point, but Drifter, the character, forgot momentarily when the lightning bounced off it.)

Nehh
2010-04-07, 01:01 PM
"..."

"Anyone got a Revive on them? No? Well... hey, Vlad, you're a Pokemon lover. Take the Shedinja to the closest Pokemon Center, and fast."

Then, bending down to be on a level with the attacking Glameow, he adds in a whisper: "And if I know anything about Glameow, this should make you faint. Let's try."

He stands up to his full height, a good 6' 7".

"Magnemite... Thunder."

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 01:06 PM
(OOC: Post delayed by checking the comparative speed stats of Magnemite and Glameow, but remember, this could have been back to Steelix...)

"I'm sorry, Glameow's just faster than Magnemite. Glameow, use Hypnosis."

As your Magnemite tries to charge its massive electrical attack, the faster Glameow stares at it intensely, its eyes glowing with an eldritch power as it tries to send the magnetic pokemon to sleep.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 01:21 PM
Magnemite charges more electricity...

Glameow stares more fiercely...

Magnemite sparks and crackles...

Glameow glows in an eldritch manner...

Alric thinks this is a good time to make a comment.

"Y'know, Hypnosis has a 60% chance of hitting. That still leaves a 40% chance of it not hitting and Magnemite using Thunder anyway."

(OOC: Looks like it's RNG time. Time... for Forum Roller! Uh, if we can find a spot to roll it. I'll be back, soon, with the results.)

(OOC: EDIT: Result!

[roll0]

This, is for Pokemans!

Now we need to decipher what this means. Have I succeeded on my 40% chance (just) or him on his 60% chance? Random observer comment please.)

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 01:29 PM
Magnemite charges more electricity...

Glameow stares more fiercely...

Magnemite sparks and crackles...

Glameow glows in an eldritch manner...

Alric thinks this is a good time to make a comment.

"Y'know, Hypnosis has a 60% chance of hitting. That still leaves a 40% chance of it not hitting and Magnemite using Thunder anyway."

(OOC: Looks like it's RNG time. Time... for Forum Roller! Uh, if we can find a spot to roll it. I'll be back, soon, with the results.)

Now we need to decipher what this means. Have I succeeded on my 40% chance (just) or him on his 60% chance? Random observer comment please.)

(OOC: As of 4th Generation, Hypnosis accuracy was boosted to 70%)

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 01:31 PM

should be 2d10 or 1d100

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 01:53 PM
Zann if that is your real name break free of your control and join me in my Army
But how many Wild Pokemon have you caught?
"Well, actually, I got a Smoochum from the Day Care Lady, and a Kabuto from my Uncle, and they never listened to me at first, even when I had pokeballs for them, so there!"

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 02:04 PM
to Scallon there was so many suckers around that it was worth risk that the move wouldn't work balanced against the gain if it did.
He put earplugs in his ears.
"Skitty...use Sing."
Skitty used Sing, aiming it at everyone, in the intention that they would fall asleep so that Scallon could take their pokeballs while they were snoozing, he of course was immune to the effects because of his earplugs.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:06 PM

Vlad walks in hoodie zipped and hood over head If he can see the Misdreavus he say's to her in a deep booming scary voice (yes in Pokemon, the cry is Something like Krai Dar Dar Krai)
Hello, shadow of life how would you like to join my Army of Nightmares?

To the Skitty, the Misdreavus just giggled.
To Vlad, she said, "I like nightmares. But I don't think an army could be fun."
Then, she floated off, invisible.
The off-colored Misdreavus (http://i39.tinypic.com/34r7lf8.jpg) hears other pokemon fighting again.

She goes over to a tree nearby the battlefield, to watch. Also, watching to find trainers to spook.
She's in the shade of the tree, near the ground, by a bush.

Due to the sing, she falls asleep by the bush, closing her eyes gently, while hovering gently above the ground.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 02:09 PM
OOC:

(OOC: As of 4th Generation, Hypnosis accuracy was boosted to 70%)

Only in Diamond and Pearl. In the Platinum edition, which I have, and HG and SS, it was returned to 60% like in earlier generations.

Anyway, let's have a people vote to decide? Please? Or something?

As Alric starts to snooze, he grabs the opponent's shoulder and says to him: "Call that a draw, then?"

He presses the button on the Psyduck's Pokéball, and sets it to come out of it and wake him up in half an hour.

(Deadtime)

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 02:11 PM
Note: Discussion of Moves in OOC Thread.
(also, deadtime)

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 02:21 PM
A Togekiss spots the Misdreavus and flies gracefully down from the tree, chirping chipperly.
Good morning! Wake up, sleepyhead!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:31 PM
The Misdreavus is awakened again, and yawns cutely.

She looks around, forgetting, for a couple moments, where she was at.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 03:06 PM
Vostok looked over at the Skitty as it started to sing- and in a practised motion removed a syringe from his trenchcoat's outer left pocket- injecting himself through his other hand with the contents. The syringe contained distilled essence from a worry seed attack, and had been recently added to team rocket field kit. There was no way he was gonna be sleeping on the job.

Unlike, it would appear, his opponent's Magnemite. He debated whether to try and plant a hypnotic suggestion for the pokemon to use Thunder on its trainer, but he'd never had much luck trying that, so he gave up on the idea.

Edit: A moment later, he pretended to crumple to the floor, asleep.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 03:26 PM
A singing Skitty? Zubat falls asleep and Drifter recalls it to it's poke'ball.
Same with Pikachu and Chikorita.

Sentret, however, stayed awake. So did Drifter.

"All right, *Yawn*" Drifter says. "Skitty man! How about a double battle?!? Me and Sentret against Skitty and one of your other Poke'mon?"

Drifter raises his staff and points it at the man who ordered the Skitty to Sing.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:43 PM
The Misdreavus now looks up at the Togekiss. "I'm awake, now. See?" She floats up to the eggly pokemon.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 04:52 PM
The Togekiss flies around in circles. It's not nice to scare the trainers, you know.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:54 PM
The Misdreavus, bored again, follows the Togekiss around, and around. "So? Some of them like it, I think. And the other ones don't care."

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't it be better if you were to make people happy? That's what I do.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:58 PM
She stops following around in circles now. She might get bumped into.
"Well...I can do that. Sometimes, when I get really bored, I do do that."

Then, the lightweight ghost pokemon continues its circling.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 05:18 PM
Togekiss takes to the air above the trees, and beckons for Misdreavus to follow.
My name's Morning. What's yours?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 05:26 PM
The ghost pokemon lifts up, and follows the white egglike pokemon up above the trees, where it's too bright (unless it's night?)

"I am Muma Feuforeve, the Demon of a Dream," she says as she follows, her hair flowing despite the wind.

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-07, 05:51 PM
The Drifter's tiredness should now be shrilly cured by the psychotic sounds of a bizarre singing man. He is bizarre in that he is wearing a black rubber jumpsuit with anttena things dangling from the top, the fact he is being followed by a slowpoke, a drowzee riding atop said slowpoke, an X shaped eye creature, and that his singing sounds like something from a broken SNES sound chip. Also he's dancing erratically in a siezure-like motion whilst this occurs.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 05:56 PM
The ghost pokemon lifts up, and follows the white egglike pokemon up above the trees, where it's too bright (unless it's night?)

"I am Muma Feuforeve, the Demon of a Dream," she says as she follows, her hair flowing despite the wind.

Muma Feu...fer...feh... That's a nice name. Do you have a trainer?
The Togekiss sees the bizarre procession down below and dips down to have a look.

(Sorry, my computer's been acting up again. Might have to deadtime soon.)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 06:02 PM
"Trainer? You mean a human?" the Misdreavus asks, swooping down also, towards the bizarre and glitched man-person, who likely has 99+ Gold Nuggets and Bicycles, to get a better look.

(It's alright)

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 06:30 PM
A young lad runs up, seeing an uncaught Pokemon (Misdreavus), and tosses!
His throw misses horribly, bounces off a tree, and hits him right in the face. He's undaunted, though.
Yarrr, it may be a Pokemon Battle!

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 06:31 PM
Name: Lucian Black
Pokemon:
Eevee (Male, name: Sol) level 7 Tackle, helping hand, hidden power
Eevee (female, name: Luna) level 7 tackle, quick attack, secret power
Description:http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1004/d07/1839/5b2d430.png
Personality: He's kinda goth, and has few friends. But he loves his Eevees, who are actually twin Pokemon (They're brother and sister eevees). HE refuses to get anymore Pokemon at the moment.
Hometown: Pallet (Ya know, where Ash is from).
Badges: 0
Miscelaneous: He is a family friend, friend of the entire Nurse Joy family. So he knows ALL of them.

He's big on getting ribbon's, not so much on gym badges. But he will fight gym battles some time.

Lucian smiles as he talks to Nurse Joy. One of his few friends in the town of Sandgem, where he is currently staying at with his uncle.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 06:35 PM
The Misdreavus hears the Pokeball being thrown!
Oh, no!

She turns towards the trainer who threw it, and looks at him. She turns invisible, and goes around behind him, before yanking on his hair, then making a loud, bansheelike scream!

Wild Misdreavus Attacked!

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 06:43 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, Lucian knows all the Nurse Joys across the world. Since you know they're all sisters. He's a family friend of theirs.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 06:51 PM
A singing Skitty? Zubat falls asleep and Drifter recalls it to it's poke'ball.
Same with Pikachu and Chikorita.

Sentret, however, stayed awake. So did Drifter.

"All right, *Yawn*" Drifter says. "Skitty man! How about a double battle?!? Me and Sentret against Skitty and one of your other Poke'mon?"

Drifter raises his staff and points it at the man who ordered the Skitty to Sing.

"eh wha? you? against a pokemon? don't joke around, name your second pokemon and I'll name mine"
darn it. Too many people resisted it, this will call for more subtle tactics...namely getting people to go a pokemon center...

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 06:59 PM
The Misdreavus hears the Pokeball being thrown!
Oh, no!

She turns towards the trainer who threw it, and looks at him. She turns invisible, and goes around behind him, before yanking on his hair, then making a loud, bansheelike scream!

Wild Misdreavus Attacked!

Oh noes! The boy yelps, turns around, and throws out a PokeBall.
"I choose you, Larvitar!"
The tiny, soil-eating Pokemon hops out of the ball, yelling his name loudly.
Larvitar used Leer.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 07:03 PM
"Sentret here is my last awake Poke'mon. As for joking around..."

Drifter swings his staff around, and stars fly at the Skitty. You may reconize the move Swift, which deals normal damage and never misses.

"That convince you? Send out your second Poke'mon, or leap into battle yourself!"

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 07:05 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/34r7lf8.jpg
The Misdreavus gets leered at, and is a little bit frightened at the tough Larvitar.

She shies back a little, before bolstering herself to show that Larvitar what a real leer looks like. She dives down from her floating spot, the air immediately around her starting to darken.

As she nears Larvitar, her hair flies behind her in random directions, as if a large storm was coming. Her eyes glow bright red, and seem to pierce the Larvitar's soul. The red light of her eyes magnify and grow.

Misdreavus used Mean Look; Larvitar can't flee!

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 07:08 PM
Skitty is knocked off Scallon's shoulder.
His eyes widen and he looks at Drifter like he was a freak
"What the heck? what is wrong with you!? no human could do that! tell me what the heck you are! now, or I'll send ALL my pokemon on you, you freak!!"
he shouted, scared that a human had made a pokemon move- which is definitely not normal at all.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 07:10 PM
Larvitar is a headstrong, rough and scrappy Pokemon, barely scared by anything.
But those eyes were just staring into his soul. He gets scared, and he knows that going into his PokeBall would just lead to that horrible darkness, and those glowing eyes.
He has to fight.
So he hops up into the air, letting out a piercing howl, one that could make any human or Pokemon in the area shudder.
Larvitar used Screech.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:13 PM
Lucian leaves the pokemon center, he and his Eevees are gonna win there dirt ribbon. Luna and Sol follow along. They aren't kept in pokeballs.

Attacks so far:
Luna-Tackle
Secret power
Quick attack

Sol-Tackle
Hidden Power
Helping hand

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:15 PM
Finish him off with another Aurora beam, Spheal! Tiffany cries out. Empoleon, Metal Claw on Leafeon!

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:16 PM
Leafeon jumps back in time, but Grotle isn't so lucky, he faints. Leafeon, razor leaf! (becaus that affects both of them, right?)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 07:16 PM
The Banshee Pokemon covered her ears at the rival's screech. Well, she would have, had she had any arms. "That's my move!" she shouts to the Larvitar, in that one universal language that all Pokemon know.

Herself shaken by the screech, she makes her calling shriek of her own, very humanlike, before charging up a ball of mental energy. It grows, and grows, before launching itself as a beam of multicolored energy at the Larvitar.

Foe Misdreavus used Psybeam (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psybeam_(move)).
It has a 10% chance of confusion - do you want to roll a dice, or do you want me to?

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:19 PM
Leafeon jumps back in time, but Grotle isn't so lucky, he faints. Leafeon, razor leaf! (becaus that affects both of them, right?)

(I don't know. I'll check. Okay, it does.)

Spheal manages to dodge it, but it strikes Prinplup and he falls back, but doesn't faint.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:23 PM
Leafeon, use dig on Prinplup!

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 07:26 PM
The Banshee Pokemon covered her ears at the rival's screech. Well, she would have, had she had any arms. "That's my move!" she shouts to the Larvitar, in that one universal language that all Pokemon know.

Herself shaken by the screech, she makes her calling shriek of her own, very humanlike, before charging up a ball of mental energy. It grows, and grows, before launching itself as a beam of multicolored energy at the Larvitar.

Foe Misdreavus used Psybeam (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psybeam_(move)).
It has a 10% chance of confusion - do you want to roll a dice, or do you want me to?

((I got a 1 out of 10. Confused, he is.))

"Ouch! That hurt!" the Larvitar yells, being stunned by the spectral beam. He gets dazed, dizzy, and...confused.
He hops up into the air, showing off his teeth, obviously going to bite the ghostly Pokemon, but he might hurt himself.
((What are the odds of him hurting himself in confusion?))

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:27 PM
Leafeon, use dig on Prinplup!

Wrong choice! she yells happily. Spheal, get started with Ice Ball! she says. Spheal is making a sphere of the stuff as they speak. And Prinplup, you use Metal Claw and try to dodge when Leafeon comes up!

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:27 PM
Leafeon comes up! :smalleek::smallfrown:

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:32 PM
Leafeon comes up! :smalleek::smallfrown:

Prinplup hits with Metal Claw but is thrown backwards, on the verge of fainting. Spheal fires his Ice Ball.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 07:32 PM
((Ouch. On the first try, too.))

Confusion
A Pokémon will hurt itself in its confusion 50% of the time. The damage is done as if the Pokémon attacked itself with a 40-power typeless physical attack.

Confusion wears off after 1-4 attacking turns. This means that turns recharging, such as after using Hyper Beam, and turns unable to attack, such as from paralysis, will not lower the remaining number of turns of confusion. However, a sleeping Pokémon may hurt itself in confusion if using a move such as Snore or Sleep Talk.

Multi-turn attacks such as Fly and Dive require that confusion be checked both turns, further reducing the chance of successful attack. Pokémon with the Own Tempo ability are also immune to moves that cause confusion.

Confusion is transferred by Baton Pass.

A Ninja Boy on Route 211 erroneously states that confusion only wears off if the Pokémon is switched out.
((I didn't know, so I searched on Bulbapedia.))

((So, I did a roll...he hurt himself in confusion.))

Confusion? Sure!

1 is hurt self, 2 is super hurt enemy.
(1d2)[1]

She's not hit by the attack that would deal tons of damage to her, but she floats out of reach of the confused Larvitar. "I'm sorry! Tell your person to not try to throw one of those balls at me!"

Misdreavus doesn't attack this turn

((And roll a d4 to see how many turns the confusion lasts))
(and then subtract 1 for this turn's affect)

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:34 PM
Leafeon is hit by the iceball, clinging to the last of its HP. (1) Leafeon, use razor leaf one more time!

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 07:37 PM
((I rolled a 3. -1=2 turns left.))
((Also, There's a Pokemon Wiki? Didn't know that. I use Serebii...
And I know! On the first try, I rolled a one out of ten.))
The Larvitar chomps down...on his own tongue!
"OWOWOWOWOW! I'm gonna hurt you for that!"

"Larvitar, use Sandstorm!"

The tiny Pokemon has a fit, kicking up dirt and sande around him. Tons of it. The breeze in the wind makes it much more painful, as the debris flies around the battle area.
Larvitar used Sandstorm.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:39 PM
Leafeon is hit by the iceball, clinging to the last of its HP. (1) Leafeon, use razor leaf one more time!

It knocks Prinplup out and Spheal is struck, but still survives. Finish him off with Ice Ball, Spheal! Tiffany yells.
A larger Ice Ball (They get larger as they go) is hurled at Leafeon.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:41 PM
Jake returns Leafeon before it hits. I surrender! He throws his arms in the air. (Like he just don't care!)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 07:44 PM
((Serebii...I'll have to look that up, to see if it's better than the Pokemon Wiki thing.))

"Ouch! No fair." she cries as she's blinded and hit by the sand particles, the small rocks, and the harsh wind. Weighing little over two pounds, she gets blown around, and smacks against a tree.

Fortunately, though, the wind hasn't messed up her hair. In fact, it's keeping very still despite the harsh wind.

After shaking her head, pouting, and finding her target again, Misdreavus charges up another psionic blast. Rainbow colored energy launches from her greenish necklace, piercing the sand, back at the offending Larvitar.

Misdreavus uses Psybeam again.

((She knows more than 4 moves, but I'm trying to limit her to 4 for each battle))

bvdk99
2010-04-07, 07:45 PM
A girl with light brown hair, who was watching the match, comes out from her hiding spot. Great match! I'm Helen, by the way. she extends her hand.

Name: Helen
Pokemon: Marshtomp lvl. 17, Hippopotas lvl. 14, Sandshrew lvl. 14
Description: Light brown hair, brown eyes, wears orange and brown.
Home town: Moved from Hoenn.
Badges : 2

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-07, 07:46 PM
The strange man stops his singing and stares at the pair of trainers, and at the wild pokemon battle occuring right now. He shakes his head and pulls out a microphone, and starts to sing (very badly):
"Homies listen to my tune
Random acts of violence
makes you look like a bufooon
So there should be silence
*pause*
Stop your fighting
brother and sister
Ya's disgracin your mother
So listen to this mister
*pause*
*really loud*
So can you dig it?
Peace is cool
And if you don't listen to my bit
Ya look like a fool!"

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:48 PM
Jake returns Leafeon before it hits. I surrender! He throws his arms in the air. (Like he just don't care!)

Okay then. Good match. she says, returning Spheal and Prinplup. Good job, you two. We'd better get them to the Pokemon Center. Nice to meet you, Helen.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 07:50 PM
The strange man stops his singing and stares at the pair of trainers, and at the wild pokemon battle occuring right now. He shakes his head and pulls out a microphone, and starts to sing (very badly):
"Homies listen to my tune
Random acts of violence
makes you look like a bufooon
So there should be silence
*pause*
Stop your fighting
brother and sister
Ya's disgracin your mother
So listen to this mister
*pause*
*really loud*
So can you dig it?
Peace is cool
And if you don't listen to my bit
Ya look like a fool!"

"Shut up! Your annoying!"

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:53 PM
Okay then. Good match. she says, returning Spheal and Prinplup. Good job, you two. We'd better get them to the Pokemon Center. Nice to meet you, Helen.

Jake uses a revive and some potions and runs over to watch the other battle.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 07:53 PM
((You might want to register in the OOC thread. :smallsmile:
Also, rolled a 9 out of 10. No confusion this time!))

The Larvitar gets hit, sending him into the ground. The resilient little pup of a Pokemon stands up, glaring at Misdreavous.
"I'm just getting started!"

"Use bite!"

Larvitar gets a running start, rushing forward before hopping high into the sky, flashing his large teeth, and trying to sink them into Misdreavous!

Last turn of confusion. Larvitar used bite!

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:59 PM
Lucian, and Luna and Sol head off to find a pokemon contest place to go compete for a ribbon. I don't remember what cities those are in.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 07:59 PM
Skitty is knocked off Scallon's shoulder.
His eyes widen and he looks at Drifter like he was a freak
"What the heck? what is wrong with you!? no human could do that! tell me what the heck you are! now, or I'll send ALL my pokemon on you, you freak!!"
he shouted, scared that a human had made a pokemon move- which is definitely not normal at all.

"Acreus, the Original One, has favored me, to bring his nearly forgotten call back to the world. As such, I have been gifted with some of his creatures' powers. So, send out your next Poke'mon, please. I need to train some more."

Drifter enters a stance, holding his staff much like a sword. The Sentret next to him growls.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 08:02 PM
Tiffany stops to watch the battle too, just giving revives and potions to her Pokemon.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 08:04 PM
Larvitar did not hurt himself in Confusion! Yay!
((And, just so you know, you can't get confused if you're already confused, so you didn't have to roll that time))

Misdreavus was bitten painfully. So much that a baleful screech came out of her mouth. "Ow!" It was super effective! She did not flinch, though.

The banshee's cry turns from a painful, ear-shattering scream to a loud, haunting melody, still at the same volume. Black waves of energy drift out of her mouth, and crimson static scours the field. It drains the energy of the Misdreavus as it comes out, and many of the unholy static sparks rest on the Larvitar, as she wriggles free from his bite.

Misdreavus used Perish Song - a great combination with Mean Look.
However, I am wondering how Pokeballs interact with fainted Pokemon. From the games, I would assume they can't capture fainted pokemon, but from the anime, they pretty much have to be fainted.
Three turns left.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-07, 08:05 PM
Eric looks on at the battle between the staff wielder and the pokemon, his mind working furiously. 'Hmmm. Pokemon are animals, and so are humans. I know no one has ever tried to train a human the way we all train our pokemon, but what if we could? Isn't that what most martial arts are? Humans training themselves with various combat moves in order to achieve a higher state of discipline? But then why cannot we use the energy moves of the pokemon? Have we become...disconnected somehow? Is that what he means by Arceus's call? Maybe these are the trainers who can help me!'

Outloud he said, "Excuse me, folks, I need to go make some phonecalls..." Whipping out his cellphone he began to dial furiously.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 08:09 PM
Lucian sees the fight, and the man with the staff.
What's going on?
He asks Tiffany. Luna and Sol walk up on either side of human. Who can guess which is going to evolve into what?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 08:10 PM
Leafeon sniffs one of the Eevees.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 08:11 PM
((Oh. You see, I had always thought confusion stacked. So, once he loses one, he would have to deal with another...))
Larvitar has lost Confusion. The Sandstorm rages.

Larvitar shudders on the ground, having lost his bite grip and fallen to the soft ground below., knowing that he is at weak health already. He has three turns left to fight, he has to finish off the ghost now, else the Psybeam finish him.

"Hey, this was fun!" Larvitar yells, preparing to finish off Misdreavous. He hops up into the air once more, to finish off his opponent.
Larvitar used Bite.

((I don't know how capturing works, but I'd assume it works like in the game. Seeing how the animation for a fainted Misdreavous in Pokemon Stadium is a band of pearls falling to the ground.
Also, it's your Pokemon, you can decide how you capture it!:smallsmile:))

Foeofthelance
2010-04-07, 08:16 PM
Lucian sees the fight, and the man with the staff.
What's going on?
He asks Tiffany. Luna and Sol walk up on either side of human. Who can guess which is going to evolve into what?

"Welcome to the Battle Beach," Eric answers, hanging up. Leaning over, he hands Tiffany a handful of berries for her pokemon. "I just got it registered with the Pokemon League as an official battle spot, seeing as how so many are going on here! Its so exciting to see so many enthusiastic young trainers here!"

"That said," he continues, growing much more serious. "What does anyone here know about Team Rocket?"

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 08:17 PM
Misdreavus gets hit by the sandstorm again...and the bite. It was super effective!

She cries in pain, having dropped below half health. Misdreavus flinched!

Two turns left...
The deathly static across the two of them and the battle field jolts, absorbing life from the plants and small bugs. A catapillar and a rat lose consciousness, and a bird runs into a tree.

((So, the question is, do you want to catch a level 40+ off-colored Misdreavus who can speak Human? Because I can work it either way.))

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 08:18 PM
That they kidnapped my Sheildon? Jake sighs.

Woodsman
"Team Rocket? Haven't they been disbanded a couple of times already?"

Eternal Drifter
"I know about Team Rocket..." Drifter says. "But could you ask later? I'm in the middle of something here."

His staff is still aimed toward the Skitty, and the Sentret is still growling.

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-07, 08:20 PM
"Shut up! Your annoying!"

The strange man replies with a loud,"NO U!"

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 08:20 PM
Sol (the boy, and the one Leafeon sniffed), looks up at Leafeon.
Eevee?
I'm I gonna become like you eventually?
It's a possibility, but he wants to be an Espeon.

Luna wants to be an Umbreon. That's exactly what they're going to evolve into when they do.

Lucian hears Eric.
Battle Beach? Team Rocket? Oh I know of them. They tried to steal all the pokemon from one of my friend's, Nurse Joy one time. Luckily, a nice boy and his Pikachu stopped them.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 08:22 PM
Leafeon sits. If you level up near the stone, little one.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-07, 08:24 PM
That they kidnapped my Sheildon? Jake sighs.

"Team Rocket? Haven't they been disbanded a couple of times already?"

Eric shakes his head and grimaces. "The first, I didn't know about and I'm sorry to hear it. If they got their hands on a rare pokemon like a shieldon, I don't know what they would do with it. As for the second, yes, they've currently been disbanded some two or three times...officially. Unofficially, they continue to remain a threat to the stability of the nearby regions. After the incident at the Spear Pillar with Team Galactic last year they've become more active, trying to recruit new members into the their syndicates. Some of the other criminal syndicates have not taken to this very well, namely the Magmas, Aquas, and Galactics. The remnants of these four groups have been actively seeking new recruits to replace their losses over the last few years, and competition between them has been growing incredibly more dangerous. There have been several minor skirmishes so far, but the number of pokemon thefts and trainer disappearances have been steadily increasing.

"We at the Pokemon League, in cooperation with the regional la enforcement, have been trying to stop them. But our numbers are too few, and they can be any and everywhere. So we're looking to actively recruit ourselves, asking trainers to help us finish these miscreants once and for all."

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 08:24 PM
((Woah, level forty? My Larvitrar was level twelve! :smallconfused::smalleek:
Should I have Larvitar knocked out? Maybe we could RetCon in some potions, or something.
I guess I should of assumed that Misdreavous was powerful, because Psybeam isn't learned until level 27, but...
Dang, that'd be a lot of experience. :smalltongue:
And I was never really a fan of ghost Pokemon. Too icky. You can have it, if you want.))
The Sandstorm Rages, last turn.
The Larvitar, standing with swagger, despite his weak health, tries to fight more. The Perish Song is draining his health, and he needs to end the fight. The Larvitar scampers up a tree, hopping off the top branch, to end the fight proving that he has more bite than bark!
Larvitar used Bite!
((Deadtime))

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 08:29 PM
Deadtime for a bit.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 08:31 PM
I wanna be an Espeon! My names Sol! What's yours?
Sol says to Leafeon, in that magical pokémon language.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 08:34 PM
((Well, dark is strong against ghost...))
(She's level 40, because Perish Song isn't learned until 47, but everyone knows that wild Pokemon learn moves faster.)

((Also, I just found out that Misdreavus is supposed to have about double the speed of a same-level Larvitar...))

(Is level 40 too much?)

(No more OoC text for me in this post)

Since she's at least twice as quick, the Misdreavus, Muma Feuforeve, the Demon of a Dream, charges up one quick Psybeam as the Larvitar leaps at her, blasting it with the power, before it bites her. "Take that!" she yells, in a humanlike speech.

Well...if it hits, then the Larvitar is likely fainted and the next Pokemon will have to be sent out. If not...then Misdreavus is bitten once again, Super effective!, and is at just above quarter health.

Misdreavus uses Psybeam again, and is likely bitten unless Larvitar faints.
The unhallowed energy surges across the field once again, leeching the spirit of the fighters...one turn left.

((Bye!))

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 08:39 PM
My name is Alecia, and my you're enthusiastic.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 08:51 PM
Of course he is, he's a fairly young pokemon. So he as the enthusiasm of a little kid. In fact, he doesn't even know what enthusiasm means.
What's that mean? Oh! And that's my twin sister Luna over there.
He points to Luna with his tail. She notices and trots over.

Hi. I'm Luna.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 09:23 PM
The man in the raincoat finally sits up again.

"Blegh. Sleepy."

He pats his Psyduck next to him, and it obligingly uses Water Gun on his face and wakes him up.

"Thanks. No other alarm clock gonna do that. Hey, lots of people! Any of you know where the nearest Pokémon Center is?"

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:28 PM
On the beach is walking a man, about twenty three. He's wearing a blue bandana, and baggy blue clothing. He has two poke balls on his belt.
He's holding a surf board, and humming.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna RP all the Nurse Joys! Just cuz there awesome.

Lucian gives him directions to the nearest pokemon center.
Tell Joy that Lucian said hi.

The man can come over to Lucian. Behind him is two Eevees. They don't go in pokéballs.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 09:30 PM
"Thanks. No other alarm clock gonna do that. Hey, lots of people! Any of you know where the nearest Pokémon Center is?"

Drifter has one of hands point to the Poke'mon center about 50ft away. He then quickly returns it to his staff.

"Are you going to act?" Drifter asks. "Or are you planing on fleeing before a Chosen?" Drifter is addressing the man who's Skitty used Sing.

Edit: Ninja'd... I'll have to get used to this.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:31 PM
He smiles at Lucien.
Hey bra. Nice Eevees.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:34 PM
Lucian forces a smile back. This is the exact group of people he doesn't have friends in.
Hey. Thanks. That ones a girl, her names Luna. And the others a boy named Sol.
He points them out.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:36 PM
They're nice.
Ya wanna have a fun little battle m' main man?

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:38 PM
Sure! I just started, so my pokémon are still kinda weak, though.
Luna and Sol both glare at him angrily when he says that.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:41 PM
I's jus' fo' fun, bra! I expect to see your all!
He throws both poke balls.
Ge' out here boys!
And out come his two Pokemon. Horsea and Shelldy

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 09:43 PM
I'll watch this. says Tiffany. Seeing the battle styles of other trainers is fascinating.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:44 PM
"Acreus, the Original One, has favored me, to bring his nearly forgotten call back to the world. As such, I have been gifted with some of his creatures' powers. So, send out your next Poke'mon, please. I need to train some more."

Drifter enters a stance, holding his staff much like a sword. The Sentret next to him growls.

*crickets chirp*
Bewildered, Scallon just says "What?"

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:45 PM
He doesn't even have to say anything, Luna and Sol jump out onto the battle area.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-04-07, 09:45 PM
With some false drama, a Blastoise rises from the sea in a spray of water and makes its way to the shore. Upon his shell, attached by a rope, sits a rather large man in soggy clothing and bright green goggles. He sputters a bit as he attempts to untie himself from the pokemon.

"That," he mutters, tugging off the goggles, "did not work."

The Blastoise, Atlas, sighs as Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter, wrings out his shirt.

"I'll not hear any lip out of you, either," the trainer admonishes Atlas. "I didn't hear you come up with any bright ideas.

"Hello, what's all this? Pardon us, we'll just get out of the way, eh?"

Atlas and Fullbladder make their way out of range of the Eevee-Surfer battle.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:47 PM
They hop in and pose, the Horsea on top of Shellder's hell.
You start.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 09:47 PM
*crickets chirp*
Bewildered, Scallon just says "What?"

"I was wondering when you were going to respond," Drifter says.

"So, are you going to fight? Or send a Poke'mon out? Or flee before a Chosen?"

Nehh
2010-04-07, 09:53 PM
With some false drama, a Blastoise rises from the sea in a spray of water and makes its way to the shore. Upon his shell, attached by a rope, sits a rather large man in soggy clothing and bright green goggles. He sputters a bit as he attempts to untie himself from the pokemon.

"That," he mutters, tugging off the goggles, "did not work."

The Blastoise, Atlas, sighs as Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter, wrings out his shirt.

"I'll not hear any lip out of you, either," the trainer admonishes Atlas. "I didn't hear you come up with any bright ideas.

"Hello, what's all this? Pardon us, we'll just get out of the way, eh?"

Atlas and Fullbladder make their way out of range of the Eevee-Surfer battle.

Alric just returns from his cycle to the Pokémon Center.

"Whoa! That was useful. You see, I have a Psyduck and it's a cool alarm clock. Anyway, care for a snack?" Alric holds out a bag of crisps to Frederick. "They're potato flavoured..."

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:54 PM
"I was wondering when you were going to respond," Drifter says.

"So, are you going to fight? Or send a Poke'mon out? Or flee before a Chosen?"

".....what was that all about Arceus? isn't that pokemon just a myth? and why can't you just be some talking pokemon projecting an illusion while betraying your own kind by using pokeballs yourself? that sounds more logical to me than this "Chosen" nonsense."

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:55 PM
Lucian nods.
Sol! Helping hand on Luna! Luna, Secret Power on the shellder!
Sol concentrates, and Luna begins to glow. Helping hand doubles the attack power of the targets next attack.

Luna uses secret power. Since they're battling on sand terrain, it is a mud shot.

Large globs of mud shoot at shellder, if it hits it does double damage (helping hand) and it lowers shelders accuracy.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:00 PM
He's hit with the mud. It screws up their pose.
Horsea! Smoke screen on Luna!
Smoke shoots out of the Horsea's mouse. A black smoke fills the air. It lowers the targets accuracy.
And Shellder! Tackle Sol!
It launches forward to try and tackle Sol. Tackle does damge if it hits.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 10:02 PM
".....what was that all about Arceus? isn't that pokemon just a myth? and why can't you just be some talking pokemon projecting an illusion while betraying your own kind by using pokeballs yourself? that sounds more logical to me than this "Chosen" nonsense."

"Arceus was the first Poke'mon in the world, creating the three legendary Dragons and the three beings of Emotion, Knowledge, and Willpower, who created the world we live in today. Then Arceus rested for many years, with a break in his deep sleep because of a broken promise. Today, with more and more great disasters occuring by the hands of Magma, Aqua, Galactic, and other unseen villians, the Original One has decided to call upon a human to try to wake people to his presence, and to work to stop some of the growing darkness."

"So, do you dare fight?"

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-04-07, 10:04 PM

"Whoa! That was useful. You see, I have a Psyduck and it's a cool alarm clock. Anyway, care for a snack?" Alric holds out a bag of crisps to Frederick. "They're potato flavoured..."

Fullbladder shakes the water out of his hair.

"No thanks, kid," Frederick says, grinning. "Alarm clock, eh? Well, it's a better use than a doorstop. Say, where are we, exactly, anyway?

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:04 PM
Luna dodge with quick attack!
Luna dodges the smoke screen, then begins racing at horsea at high speeds, moving in to do damage with the quick attack.

Sol gets hit with the tackle, he goes rolling over backwards.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 10:06 PM

Tiffany overhears. You have a Psyduck too?

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:07 PM
Shellder! Follow it up with a Icicle spear on Sol!
He sends ice shards at Sol.
Horsea! Try to hit him with Bubble!
Horsea shoots a rather weak bubble attack at the oncoming Luna. if it doesn;'t hit Luna, the Horsea will get hit with the quick attack.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:13 PM
Because of shelder's decreased accuracy, Sol dodges that, and tries to use tackle on shelder. Luna dodges, and rams into horsea.
Eevee!
Is what the humans hear from Luna, but since it's the magical language of pokémon, all pokémon can understand her. She says:
Take that!

Lucian smiles. Your pokémon are strong.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 10:14 PM
"Arceus was the first Poke'mon in the world, creating the three legendary Dragons and the three beings of Emotion, Knowledge, and Willpower, who created the world we live in today. Then Arceus rested for many years, with a break in his deep sleep because of a broken promise. Today, with more and more great disasters occuring by the hands of Magma, Aqua, Galactic, and other unseen villians, the Original One has decided to call upon a human to try to wake people to his presence, and to work to stop some of the growing darkness."

"So, do you dare fight?"

"um.....wouldn't you be concerned that people would hate you and say that your proof that the natural world is breaking down, and a causer of chaos, rather than a savior?
and wouldn't eventually scientist people come nosing along soon and try to catch you and figure out a way to make it so everyone could use pokemon abilities?
and what about pokemon themselves, wouldn't you count as a pokemon yourself so that whenever you catch a sixth pokemon it goes to storage, or does this allow you to be a seventh pokemon, therefore having an unfair advantage over other trainers?
wouldn't this also attract evolution obsessives who say that you the next evolutionary step of humanity and all that and try to kill you for being superior to other humans?
and would other people start seeing you as a messiah and start following you around and some other people start attacking you because of that?
I mean, no one else in the world has your powers, its bound cause even MORE trouble than the evil guys your fighting, I don't think you or your Arceus has thought this out- if Arceus even exists of course."
Scallon pointed out, too caught in logical inconsistencies to remember he was a minor villain and should be running, somewhere else in the universe, catgirls were dying of plague.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:15 PM
Shelder is tackled.
Shelder! Supersonic on Luna!
He lets out a high pitched squeal, it's meant to confuse Luna.
The Horsea is tackled and sent onto its back.
Thanks!

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 10:21 PM
"um.....wouldn't you be concerned that people would hate you and say that your proof that the natural world is breaking down, and a causer of chaos, rather than a savior?
and wouldn't eventually scientist people come nosing along soon and try to catch you and figure out a way to make it so everyone could use pokemon abilities?
and what about pokemon themselves, wouldn't you count as a pokemon yourself so that whenever you catch a sixth pokemon it goes to storage, or does this allow you to be a seventh pokemon, therefore having an unfair advantage over other trainers?
wouldn't this also attract evolution obsessives who say that you the next evolutionary step of humanity and all that and try to kill you for being superior to other humans?
and would other people start seeing you as a messiah and start following you around and some other people start attacking you because of that?
I mean, no one else in the world has your powers, its bound cause even MORE trouble than the evil guys your fighting, I don't think you or your Arceus has thought this out- if Arceus even exists of course."
Scallon pointed out, too caught in logical inconsistencies to remember he was a minor villain and should be running, somewhere else in the universe, catgirls were dying of plague.

"I do not understand it any more than you do. I just know it works, and that Arceus has granted me the ability for it to work. But that is beside the point now. Are you going to fight? Or are you going to run away? I grow tired of talking about things that neither party understands completely.

Sentret, adjust aim for that Skitty, but do not strike yet. Let him make the first move."

The Sentret by his side adjusts it's position slightly, with the Skitty straight ahead in front of it.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:24 PM
Luna is hit wih supersonic, and is confused. Uh oh! She has a fifty percent chance of hurting herself.

Well she tries to attack Shellder with tackle, while Sol tries to use hidden power on both Shelder and horsea at the same time. Since he is a normal type pokemon with no element, hidden power is really crappy. Little blobs of white light start shooting at shellder and horsea

1-50=Luna hurts herself

Grrrrr... How do you do die rolls, I forgot!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 10:24 PM
Alysha undeadtimes she looks around a little, still holding her Chikorita, Leafy. He Gastly, Smoke, floats near her.

Wow. Sure got busy around here.

Hey...where'd Misdreavous go?

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:27 PM
Icicle spears Shellder!
Shellder shoots icicle spears at the confused Luna.
Bubble Horsea!
The horsea starts shooting bubbles at Sol, but only get a few off before being hit by the hidden power.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:29 PM
The Misdreavus is locked in a battle that's stuck in deadtime.
...She might faint soon, probably due to the Perish Song that she used.

Anyway, I seriously need another character/pokemon/trainer/person/or/other/gymleader/...
Any ideas?

Nehh
2010-04-07, 10:31 PM
"Yes, I have a Psyduck. Say hello, Psyduck!"

The Psyduck waves, makes some Pokémon noises and does a little dance.

"That's my Psyduck. What's yours like?"

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:32 PM
Instead of hitting shellder, she was confused, and hit herself. And thn she was hit by ice shards. She struggles to stand, but tries for another quick attack on Horsea.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 10:33 PM
I don't know...playing a wild Pokemon seemed fun.

Anywho, Alysha, Leafy, and Smoke watch the various battles.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:33 PM
Horsea is KO'd if hit.
Sellder sends a massive icicle spears attack at both of them.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 10:34 PM
Grrrrr... How do you do die rolls, I forgot!

(Apparently, die rolls cannot be performed on this forum. Roll elsewhere.)

"And you said that no one else has my powers," Drifter says. "True, no one else has my exact powers, but some other have powers all their own. Several years ago, a trainer from Pallet Town was Chosen by Ho-oh to combat the then-thinner darkness with his Pikachu. I do not know what powers he has, but I am sure that he does have a few capabilities beyond a normal human. But make up your mind already! What are you going to do?"

(Seriously! I need to go soon...)

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 10:40 PM
"Yes, I have a Psyduck. Say hello, Psyduck!"

The Psyduck waves, makes some Pokémon noises and does a little dance.

"That's my Psyduck. What's yours like?"

Tiffany smiles. Come out now, Psyduck. she says, throwing out a Pokeball. A Psyduck comes out and greets the other happily. He's sociable. He gets sad when he's alone too long.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:45 PM
Rawr the quick attack hits, knocking horsea out! But then Luna gets hit with ice shards! She gets knocked out too.

Sol just barely manages to dodge them, still taking a little bit of damage.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 10:47 PM
One on one battle time. Shelldey squares up with Sol.

Goblin Music
and not to far away in the shad of a mighty tree a man and his scyther sit watching the chaos.

Je dit Viola
A young horse - a Ponyta, not yet grown old enough to be left alone, is walking through the area here; down the beach.

Her hooves are sharp like diamonds, and the flame on her back is steady. Her mane is a little weak, but that'll come with age.

Well, she seems a little lost, to be honest. And she's all alone.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 10:50 PM
"Woo! That's groovy. Do you want to see my other Pokémans? I have (and, as he says the names, the pokemon appear from behind him) Magnemite, Piplup and Shedinja."

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 10:52 PM
"Woo! That's groovy. Do you want to see my other Pokémans? I have (and, as he says the names, the pokemon appear from behind him) Magnemite, Piplup and Shedinja."

Isn't that funny. I have a Prinplup and a Spheal as well. she pulls out said duo from their respective Pokeballs. I have a thing for water types.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 10:53 PM
In her lookings, Alysha spots the Ponyta. Her eyes light up. And she goes over to it.

Aw, look guys, She says to her Pokemon that are out right now. It's a Ponyta. I wonder if Ember knows it. She reaches into the front pocket of her hoodie, pulls out a Pokeball, and tosses it to the ground. Out comes another Ponyta, this one looking older than the wild one.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 10:54 PM
Lucian looks over at the Ponyta sadly, he'll help it after he's done the battle.
Finish him off Sol! And make your sister proud.
Sol rolls his eyes.
Like she's ever proud of me...
Sol runs away to a safe distance, which, being an Eevee that's one of his natural abilities. He turns around and uses hidden power again. The litle balls of light shoot at shellder.

Who shall win this fight?

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 10:55 PM
"I do not understand it any more than you do. I just know it works, and that Arceus has granted me the ability for it to work. But that is beside the point now. Are you going to fight? Or are you going to run away? I grow tired of talking about things that neither party understands completely.

Sentret, adjust aim for that Skitty, but do not strike yet. Let him make the first move."

The Sentret by his side adjusts it's position slightly, with the Skitty straight ahead in front of it.

"Fine."
He threw a pokeball
"Go, Marill!"
A Marill appeared from the ball, saying in poke speak
"ready to go, boss!"
"Me to, partner!"
"ok, Marill open with a Water gun on Drifter, Skitty, attack Sentret with double slap!
Marill shoots a jet of water at Drifter while Skitty jumps forwards Sentret, swinging her hand-tail in using doubleslap.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:56 PM
The wild, pony, Ponyta looks at the older Ponyta, to see if she recognizes her.

...nope. No recognition. But maybe a little bit of horse-crying. Because, she is lost.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 10:58 PM
Deadtime for me.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 10:59 PM
Me too.

(Dead)

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 11:00 PM
Idont really care.

Shellder uses protect, raising his Defense. The balls do little damage.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 11:06 PM
Ember approaches the wild Ponyta. Hello there. Is something wrong?

Alysha watches.

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 11:06 PM
I'll win! To level up my pokemon! At level ten, if my person shows them enough love, they'll evolve. Sol to an espeon in the day, and Luna to an Umbreon at night.

Sol growls, and runs and jumps at shelder in a tackle.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 11:07 PM
"Fine."
He threw a pokeball
"Go, Marill!"
A Marill appeared from the ball, saying in poke speak
"ready to go, boss!"
"Me to, partner!"
"ok, Marill open with a Water gun on Drifter, Skitty, attack Sentret with double slap!
Marill shoots a jet of water at Drifter while Skitty jumps forwards Sentret, swinging her hand-tail in using doubleslap.

"Final-"

*Soak*

Critical Hit!

"-ly..."

Drifter raises his staff again and charges the Skitty, using his staff for the move Bone Club. And, because of the Critical... Drifter's ability is Anger Point, which boosts his attack to max when attacked with a Critical Hit. So, if it hits, the Skitty will take significant damage.

"Hit that Marril!!!!"

"Not with-:smalleek: surf..."

A huge wave comes crashing through the battlefield, damaging Drifter further, and damaging the Skitty and the Marril.

(Edit: Question: What levels are your Poke'mon?)

(Edit: Because of your apparent deadtime, I, too, will take this oprotunity to deadtime.)