PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Deep Sarfratular IC Part 1 (RM)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sarom
2010-04-25, 08:08 PM
Ok guys. Here's the remake. Hopefully we won't screw up after this.

If you need to read the posts before the deletion, tell me and I'll send the back-up files.

Cadian 9th
2010-04-25, 08:41 PM
Eldarion takes a moment to dismiss the Captain. He stares at Tharivol, at full hieght, towering over the wizard.

"Yes, I did request your presence, Tharivol." He intones. " I wished to speak with you, to converse with you, to seek answers and to enlighten. I answer your comments with this: I, being a Celestial Being, need no Food, Drink, Rest or comfort. No company nor companionship. Though I keep them around, they occasionally amuse me. Genuinely they are loyal and wise, yet, as you can understand, as a fellow wizard, their intelligence leaves much to be desired."

Eldarion shifts to a more comfortable stance and makes sure Criteas and Horst can see him. Furion continues scanning the area.
"You destroyed several of my scrolls, a gift from me to Quickshadow; I ask your reasons and question your allegiance. Do you follow the stars or the divine, Tharivol? What be your place in the Universe, mortal for life, or immortal for enternity."

Woo! Lets see how this goes. Just in case Its hard to understand, I mean the stars as in Tharivol looks to the skies (ambition for himself, no religion).

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-04-25, 09:23 PM
Tharivol: "Heh. So you're the one who gave the scrolls to Quickshadow."

His attitude changes, showing a serious facial expression.

Tharivol: "There are many reasons why I would destory scrolls from thsoe I don't know. One of them is safety for my companions. I don't know exactly what your intention was then but I don't like it.

No doubt you were up to something. A wizard giving a rogue a scroll of that locates a certain item and another that opens a door. From those two scrolls, I imagine that you were trying to provoke Quickshadow into doing something against the Human Laws in Sarfratular.

That I don't like. As she is my companion and as a fellow SPO member, it is my duty to also look after her. If you have time to consider strangers, you would be better of considering yourself first.

As for my allegiance, I look to the stars. Who better to trust than yourself? You find your companions loyal, amusing at times and their intelligence little to show for. I felt the same during my childhood but that is left behind now. Ever since the coming of the humans bad events have been occuring in this land.

Ever since my banishment, I founded my own purpose. To destory the person behind all this.

No doubt you're probably angry how I destoryed your scrolls but be aware that I trust no-one except my companions, as you do. If you're wishing for compensation, you're better off heading to the SPO building in this town. I have no money on me. And if you do go there, then take this. Heh I don't know your name yet, so enlighten me about you before the Captain set sail."
He passes you a parchment stating that you require compensation from the SPO, signed by Tharivol with an arcane mark.

He looks at you, waiting for your reply. The Captain seems agitated at Horst and Critias, who boards the ship.

Captain: "Huh? Hey you two! You're not supposed to be on board here. Shoo!"
Spot check guys and this is not related to Tharivol or the Captain but something else.

jumpywinghim
2010-04-26, 12:50 AM
Critias growls at the captain in slight annoyance at being told, so crudely, to 'shoo'. He then explains, pointing at Eldarion.
"We are that Celestial's companions. We won't be long, so let us proceed to him unharrassed."
Critias continues walking to Eldarion.

Diplo (in case you want one for getting past the captain) [roll0]
Spot (on your request) [roll1]

Samm
2010-04-26, 11:32 PM
"People, what have they become?" Horst thinks to himself, he then answers to the captain quite obviously annoyed, "We're with him", pointing to Eldarion, "and it's not as if we're hurting anyone or anything, so can you just let us go over and collect him, to get him off your ship?"

Cadian 9th
2010-04-27, 04:08 AM
Suddenly Eldarion seems distant.

"Tharivol, you insult my pride by offering compensation. One such as you should understand money is of little interest to my kind. We, are, after all, masters of fortune. I am named Eldarion, in the tongue of celestials." With a pause, Eldarion nods to the captain.

"It is only fitting that I should find your name in the Tomes of my Goddess, my Queen Ioun. I bring her word to all that listen. I believe you have the potential for good in this world of dishonesty. It must appal you to decieve the public, to follow an organisation whose purpose is a lie." Eldarion steadily builds to judgement point.

"I gave Quickshadow such scrolls not to encourage her to anything, although such spells are useful to one in her trade I doubt with my experience one such as her needs such arcana to ply her trade. My purpose was that of a gift mainly and a practical other reason: Should we find ourselves in some room of confining purpose, a slim chance, she may choose to release us. " Eldarion says.

"In the end, Tharivol, the world ends with you. Humanity decides its own fate. I ask for your service and alliance and offer you mine; I bid you turn from this deception you follow and to release your guilt. Ioun bless you should you follow her course, she will care nothing if you refuse." Eldarion prays to Ioun, silently.

"Tharivol has the secrets but not the will to release them. Grant me foresight, my queen, my lady, my guardian protector. Grant me the knowledge to further your vision."

Stern Eyed, Eldarion contemplates.

I'm not a big fan of rolling spot checks or checks like that, but hey.

spot: furion: [roll0]
spot: Eldarion: [roll1]

Eldarion.

Sarom
2010-04-27, 04:36 AM
Tharivol raises an eyebrow.

Tharivol: "Wise words coming from you Eldarion. You still have Pride and I can tell that is hard to diminish. Well whether you take the compensation or not, it is still there.

As for your Alliance, I reject it but I will help you if need be. You seem to be a trustworthy being, serving the good of the world. As of Quickshadow was walking to greet you and your companions."
He points to Horst and Critias.
"She was offering a job for you three. I hope you accept it. Good luck on your journey Eldarion. May your Goddess ,Ioun, protect you for these are not times to be tarrying. I do not understand what you mean by 'the world ends with me' but I shall find out."
He leaves back to his quarters.

The Captain in the meantime looks stunned at Horst's answer, he doesn't seem convinced though.
Tharivol sees his uneasiness.

Tharivol: "Those two speak the truth Captain. They'll mean no harm."

The Captain looks at Tharivol, then nods.

Captain: "Feel free to then, but leave soon we're on a tight schedule."

A cry comes from above. A man who is probably on duty in the bird's nest falls, with an arrow in his head. A dark figure with Oynx Orbs surrounding him flees from the boat teleporting as he jumpes off the ship.

The boat rocks vigourously once. Ten skeletons climb aboard from the water, drawing their weapons as they come aboard. The crewmen flee from the boat. Cries from the other Galleon that Tharivol's other companion is aboard can also be heard.

Tharivol: "Darn it. That can't be good. Eldarion? Can you and your companions take care of them? I need to check something."

With that he dashes into deck below. The Captain hides behind the wheel, scared of the current events.

Cadian 9th
2010-04-27, 06:34 PM
Eldarion whirls, injured by the blatant disrespect from Tharivol. It be yet another wrong, another slight to resolve.

Your description leaves much to be desired. I am assuming the skeletons are 1-3 HD human skeletons as described in the MM. If not consider my actions void and I will edit them.

Taking up a defensive command position, Eldarion sends Furion to above to scout the scene. He draws the Blade of Arcana, activating it to shed a bright light over the battlefield. His fists glow with arcane energies and he shifts to a challenging defensive stance, the kind normally seen utilized by skilled fighters. His bracers radiate invisible forces, ready to protect him from harm.

He looks round, then Identifies the skeletons around him.

"Evil has arrived. Stand by me, comrades, and eradicate this stain! Rally!"

Im trying to Identify these skelies, as well as their level etc.
knowledge: Undead: [roll0]

"Forces of good, Strike down the enemy! Engage the enemy!"

Eldarion

Samm
2010-04-28, 12:21 AM
"Cowards!" Horst yells at the crew members, the Captain, and Thraviol. He then says, "Looks like we'll have to do this ourselves, boys." to Critias and Eldarion. He draws his bow and looses two arrows into the skeletons - aiming at seperate skeletons.

Initiative: [roll0]

First Shot:
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Second Shot:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

If the Skeletons are within 30ft ie. 6 squares, then I get a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage. However, if that's the case, instead of my second attack, I'll draw my Greatsword. This means that +2 (and the aforementioned +1 bonus) would have to be added to my first attack roll.

Furthermore, I'm unsure of what the battle looks like, can you give us a map?

"Rex, stay with me." Horst says to his wolf, who is currently preparing to bite and trip the skeleton that comes closest to Horst.

Initiative: [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Trip (Note: this doesn't provoke AOO and no touch attack is required, this is an oposed strength/dex check. It's also a free action.): [roll8]

jumpywinghim
2010-04-28, 05:38 PM
Critias swiftly draws his sword and readies his shield. He stands ready for combat, slightly in front of and to the right of Eldarion. He has no qualms about attacking undead.

"This doesn't count as killing, so let's not hold back." Critias growls to his companions, with feeling.

Sarom
2010-05-03, 03:31 AM
Two of the front skeletons move to a ladder near the side of the stern and begin to climb, while Horst fires an arrow at a skeleton in the group of eight, which get caught between the ribs. Eldarion leaps at the eight skeletons before they could move and casts burning hands, burning but not destroying any. Followed by Critias, who charges the closest skeleton and to protect Eldarion.Critias strikes a true blow, dodges two attacks that come back at him but takes a blow.

As the two skeletons reach the top of the Stern Horst and Rex engages the skeletons. Eldarion casts 'shield' on Rex and passes a potion to Critias, who drinks it and attacks another skeleton. The skeletons retaliate and Critias takes another blow, while two split from the group.

The skeletons taking the blows from Horst and Rex strike back, greviously injuring Rex. In response to the attacks Horst destorys a skeleton while Rex trips his opponent. The two skeletons who split from the group attacked eldarion and horst from behind, from which Eldarion took a blow.

Eldarion and Horst attack the skeleton's again each destorying one but not without price, as winghim takes two blows in return. The skeleton, tripped over, was then destoryed to bits before it could get up and Eldarion destorys two more as winghim takes another blow.

Greviously injured Critias retreats while Eldarion covers his retreat taking two hits in the process from the remaining four. Then with their combined effort, Horst and Rex attacked the closest skeleton destroying it.

As the skeleton is destroyed, a door is flung open revealing a devastated looking Tharivol. Upon seeing the skeleton he quickly reacts by casting Burning hands, destroying one and severally damaging the last two.

One skeleton is shot down by Critias as the other skeleton's attack is dodged by Eldarion. Before it could strike again, it crumbles beneath Horst's attack.

Tharivol: "That figure... he or she took something of value from me. An oynx necklace, most likely it may be the Mindflayer but I don't understand why he might have come here. Bring it back to me if you find it."

As Tharivol finished his sentence, two large sized Troll Skeletons are teleported onto the deck.

Tharivol: "Damn it. These skeletons are a distraction, get yourselves out of here. You're all injured, I'll take care of these abominations."

Tharivol casts a spell and summons three Earth Elementals. Both the Elementals and skeletons charge, starting the battle.

On the other ship, Furion saw the battle. What's left are the remains of the dead skeletons dissapearing into the air. In the middle of all the remains stand Tharivol's companion, covered in a black cloak wielding two longswords pointed down, the colour of his cloak.

Samm
2010-05-06, 02:11 AM
"Nice work with the elementals... What exactly is the importance of the onyx necklace?", says Horst after petting Rex. "And why bother healing me, I'm fine, Rex is the one who's hurt?" pointing to Rex's injured leg.

Rex needs 5hp to be back to normal.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-07, 07:51 AM
Critias yawns widely, rubbing his eyes with the hand that is not holding his longbow.

"Guys...let's take advantage of Tharivol's assistance and go." Critias suggests to his companions. "It's been an over-exciting night, and I for one need my sleep if I am to even defeat a sapling tomorrow, nevermind a Mindflayer..."

Critias begins another great yawn. He winces slightly from some of his remaining injuries, half-cutting the yawn off.

Samm
2010-05-08, 06:59 AM
"Fine... If we're even going to try and fight the mindflayer, we're going to have to be a lot smarter than we were today... Eldarion..."

Horst sighs, he then thinks to himself, "That Thraviol bastard... Why didn't he summon the elementals earlier? It would have saved us the trouble... He could have waited a few minutes couldn't he?"

Horst walks off to the inn, with Rex by his side.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-10, 02:42 AM
Eldarion, Revitalized by the fight, only craves more.

"You would consider me wounded, Tharivol? You would doubt my duty to innocents, doubt my honour, expect me to throw down my weapons and retreat while a comrade stands alone?"Eldarion Demands.

He raises the Blade of Arcana into the air, arcane energies surging throughout the air around him.

"I would stand by you against these Foul Creatures: Stand by till I fall, by might and magic I will Stand by your side till the world comes to the end. For if we do not have each other, what are we? Have at thee!" Eldarion cries, ready for battle.

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-10, 03:26 AM
Tharivol: "Lovely to hear that but honestly this is really going to be messy, and I strongly recommend that you leave now."

He casts a fireball to the nearest skeleton just seconds before an elemantal is upon it.

Tharivol: "Unfortunately these skeletons are stronger that normal ones and are magically enhanced and directly controlled by their summoner. This won't be an easy task."

An elemental disapears after taking a beating from both skeletons.

Btw if you're really thinking of doing this, then we'll start the battle now on skype

Sarom
2010-05-10, 06:08 AM
One of the Troll Skeletons swipes at an Earth Elemental, knocking globbets of earth off the mighty creature. Tharivol leaps to attack, launching silvery missles of magic at the Undead, causing small gaps to appear in one of the Troll's bones.

Eldarion takes in the situation. He rushes to Tharivol, casting a spell of warding on himself, as one of the Trolls attacks yet again, staggering the weaker elemental.

Critias anxiously watches the raging battle. He is tired, but will not totally abandon Eldarion. However, he must save his strength for if his companion comes in dire need of assistance.

The battle continues. Tharivol unleashes a fireball, causing high damage, Then cries:
"that's all my attack spells gone for the day, I'm useless right now"\

"Fear not!" Eldarion cries.
"Alright, lets get this done. I've got plenty of spells remaining!"

Unleashing his most powerful attacks, determined to win, Eldarion unleashes 2 incredibly bright fire rays at the trolls, cutting one apart with its heat and causing moderate damage to the other. The earth elementals finish the last one with a slam of incredible strength.

[B]Tharivol: "You have my thanks Eldarion, that surely was a nasty battle probably worse than I expected. No doubt you both will need rest before you set off once again. I'm sure Quickshadow briefed you all, or the human and dragonborn at least.

Now I must set sail. Captain! Prepare to set sail. We'll need to leave before the sun starts it's journey across the sky."

The Captain calls out and sailors, not all but many, come aboard to clear the remains and prepare to cast of once again.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-11, 04:40 AM
Eldarion acknowledges the gratitude with a curt nod.

"It is always my joy to fight by a companions side. I give thanks to Ioun for our success. Pray to her in thanks, for I am her celestial herald, that much you should know. A prayer in thanks, a prayer for her blessing, and you will know." Eldarion shines.

"However, I must enquire: What do you hope to gain by sailing so early, defenceless against a powerful adversary who can easily deal with you and the ship in this battle weary state? As our attacker, I would roleplay, to understand, now would be the best time to strike, when you are weak. Inform me of your urgency, and your dealings with the Onyx Necklace, and also why you are still part of the SPO."

"Take this ring: It contains 10 uses of an attack spell, an electrical touch that will cripple enemies. "

He hands the ring to Tharivol.

"Ioun Bless you, Tharivol. I am sorry for your loss. Should you ever need an ally, pray to my queen, and I will come if I still exist. Good fortune, great thanks. Farewell." Eldarion says.

Turning to Criteas, He sighs.

"It lifts my heart to know I have you as a comrade. Now, go rest, as mortals do, I will watch and keep my vigil. I pray for knowledge, that we may be able to complete our quest, to slay the Illithid. Like the saga of Li'karia, we will strike the evil down before it taints the world any further. We depart." And he walks with Criteas, back to Horst.

Dissapointment with Horst is veiled.

Eldarion.

Sarom
2010-05-11, 05:20 AM
Tharivol laughs

Tharivol: "That adversary was merely an adept wizard in training. Most likely sent to take my Onyx Necklace. You can tell by the weakness of the undead minions. If he was stronger than me he would have sent an undead dragon. I have nothing to fear so long as I can prepare my daily spells.

Second of all he most likely summoned the skeletons as a distraction while he was getting away. As more powerful than he is, I can easily trace his teleport magic, pinpoint his exact location and send Quick Shadow or Dark Glow to kill him.

Why am I in an urgent hurry? It's SPO business, to do with the rebels again in an outlying town. Rumours say there is a cult being brought up there controlled by the Rebels. Another rumour are Orcs in the region. So I must sort these out before chaos breaks out.

I stay with the SPO for my own personal advantage and my companion's too. Nothing else really mean much for me but I still like to protect the innocent and good. The SPO I believe is one of the ways to bring utmost peace against this new evil that I can feel. I haven't told anyone about this feeling except you. So keep it a secret untill I can confirm it.

And the Oynx necklace you say."

He pauses for a minute.

Tharivol: "That is a story for another time Eldarion. Farewell and good luck in your journey. I haven't heard of Ioun as far as I know but you can tell me another time."

Eldarion and Critias showed off the boat and a minute later a horn sounds and the boat set sails.

Now I'm going to assume that you're all in the nice comfy inn that has bugs in it, and resting. So I'm chucking in the next part. (jks)

Interlude 2

Adept: (in a deep, hoarse voice) "Master I have retrieved the Oynx Necklace from Tharivol as you requested. He's been stalled by my undead minions too, also we might have some future trouble makers as they helped Tharivol kill my minions. One is a human ranger, another dragonborn by the looks of him and the last is a human half-celestial wizard. All three are strong as far as I can tell."

The master turns around, his cloak swinging and oynx shaped orbs fly around his body and staff. He smiles or what the adept believes he sees the mindflayer doing.

The Mindflayer takes the necklace and holds it up to look at it.

Mindflayer: "Well done Tar'Krot, this is exactly what my master wants. You have done well against Tharivol and his new friends. Your power grows strong the more necronmancy you peform. Much promise comes from you and you should be rewarded but I now have another task for you to complete.

Your new task is to eliminate these new friends of Tharivol. Understand?"

Tar'Krot nods in response.

Tar'Krot: "I understand master."

Tar'Krot leaves the room, leaving the Mindflayer to himself. The Mindflayer touches the necklace again. He puts the necklace on for a duration of a few minutes, then takes it off gasping for breath.

Mindflayer: "This is exactly what he needs. This knowledge will bring in the destruction of this plane and a new order shall rise from its ashes."

He touches the necklace and it teleports away.

The in-game time is 2:am

Samm
2010-05-11, 06:16 AM
Horst waits for his companions to return to the inn, vigilant for any sign of danger. When they arrive, he says, "Right, this Mindflayer chap, Eldarion, what would you know of him and his kind? Also, I can tell you didn't like my conduct in the battle and the aftermath, I'm sorry if it offended you. I have to commend you on your bravery though...

Horst then pauses for a think out loud, "I'm not the smart one, so I need some help to work this out... Okay, this guy's very dangerous... Working alone? Unlikely, probably has a number of henchmen of some kind, he's necromancer after all, bound to have undead minions... Working for someone? Don't know... Definitley an enemy of the SPO, so he might have some connection to the rebels, though, I wouldn't really know... The question is, how do figure out where he is and just what he's capable of?"

Cadian 9th
2010-05-12, 01:52 AM
Eldarion simply nods to Samm in response. He understands perfectly, though he is annoyed that Horst still finds it prudent to commend his bravery.

"Thank you for the commendation, Horst. I regard it as a duty to fight evil where I can. Ioun herself sees the valour in discreetion, even if I cannot. " He murmurs. " You are mortal, and attribute yourself with less than you are. I may be more mentally adept than you, but I lack cerain traits and values. "

Eldarion smiles.

"An intelligent mind does not make for a better person... Sometimes we learn more from the simplest of creatures. Take the butterfly, for example. We learn grace, patience and calm from its beauty and flight. Take the Lion - not intelligent, but fierce, bold and courageous. The lion will not stay in a losing fight. Yet we look to the noble Unicorn, who we learn the value of loyalty and comradeship. " He says, rearanging his robes and laying down the still glowing Staff of Twilight, in its war form. He takes out a stack of books, one small blue book, bound in silver with masterful binding, and opens a quil and proccures an Ink-pen.

He begins to write, events of the days, events to come, events that have past in the shadow of time. He describes the complexity of Tharivol, The SPO and the current predicament.

As an asute Samm will notice, I have not answered horst's question. A) I am making a Knowledge check, and b) Eldarion occasionally thinks so much he is out of the current situation.

FOR SAROM ONLY:

Now, I realise the Mindflayer in question will be different in some way. I have a book describing several creatures, and there happens to be a section on mindflayers. Illithids. So, if you regard the description in my book as relevant, I would take a +2 bonus.
Monster Knowledge (Abberations) [roll0]
With bonus, if so: [roll1]

Also, I want to make Knowledge checks to see If I remember anything (or have it in a book) about the Spells used on the Undead, as well as any info regarding the Onyx Necklace.

Because Necromancy is a prohibiited school for me (or will be soon), I will be taking a -5 penalty:
Spellcraft check: DC 20+spell level, [roll2]
Spellcraft check: On the teleportation methods: [roll3]

Knowledge (History) or (Arcana)?
History: [roll4]
Arcana:[roll5]

He continues writing. Then looks to Criteas. "What do you think, friend? What troubles you?"

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-12, 04:32 AM
Critias replies, "I can't help but have this nagging worry that we're going to be in constant danger now. We fought undead that were obviously being controlled by someone, probably that figure that teleported away. So, it can be assumed that we are now known to that particular enemy..."

Critias removes his armour, with some difficulty due to his injuries, and places it in a pile next to his bed along with his sword and shield. He lays down on his bed, throwing the covers over himself, shivering slightly from the night chill.

"Oh, as for the Mindflayer issue." he says, as an afterthought. "I don't know." he replies simply. "I think I'd think better after a good night's sleep so until then. Good night Horst, Eldarion."

With that, he closes his eyes and tries to sleep.

Sarom
2010-05-12, 04:42 AM
This strange humanoid shaped being stands about as tall as a human. its flesh is rubbery and greenish muave, glistening with slime. The creatures head looks rather like a four-tentacled octopus, made all the more horrible by a pair of bloated white eyes.

Mind Flayers, also called Illithids, are so insidious, diabolical, and powerful that all denizens of the dark fear them. They bend others to their will and shatter enemies minds.

With his knowledge Eldarion knows what spells were used on the undead. The ten skeleton's that first appeared had no spells on them, they were in fact normal beings of great strength in their times; only reanimated. The two Troll skeletons that where fought against each had two spells on them. One of the spell magically enhances their strength while another was casted on their fists, making them magical.

The methods of teleportation was a simple matter conducted by the caster. From what Eldarion knows and saw, he can assume that the skeletons were reanimated before being teleported away.

The Oynx Necklace, an item dear to Tharivol for reasons unknown. Only he knows the reasons behind it. The Necklace is filled with unknown magical properties casted by Tharivol himself. This Necklace was crafted by a female elf named 'Ili'ëath', known for her marvelous work.

Samm
2010-05-12, 04:56 AM
"I think I'd think better after a good night's sleep so until then. Good night Horst, Eldarion."

Horst says, "Night, Guys... Does anyone else know we're here staying? Just a thought..."

Horst lies down on his bed and nods off to sleep in his chain shirt. He doesn't mind the discomfort, for he's had plenty worse.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-12, 04:59 AM
Eldarion looks upon the now sleeping Criteas, then looks to the sleepy horst. he nods.

"The Illithid, or enslaver, Li'ner'ax in my tongue, Are some of the deadliest creatures ever created, amongst all evil. This is one we must destroy for the good of this world. It is a profficient spell caster, specifically adept at control of other beings." Eldarion speaks softly.

"I will study now, and prepare for tommorow. Drift to sleep, ranger, my vigil keep you safe."

Eldarion offers prayer as usual to Ioun, citing the need for guidance as to how to eliminate this adversary, and seeking her blessing. He anxiously awaits her response, communing as they always had. Eldarion wants to establish a library and University here...

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-12, 05:04 AM
Later that morning (say around 8am, yes you get hp for resting according to your class level).

You here a knock followed by a voice:

Maiden: "Morning Travellers, Breakfast will soon be ready so make your way to the dining room when you're ready."

You hear receding footsteps.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-12, 06:31 AM
Though worn out from the night before, Critias wakes at the knock on the door. After the maiden has gone, he sits up and unwisely tries to stretch, feeling his wounds from the previous night after doing so. Feeling only marginally refreshed, he leaves his bed, dons his armour, replaces his sword and shield onto his person, and then bids a good morning to Eldarion (and Horst if he has woken up).

*yawn* "Mmm...I guess I shall go down for breakfast before anything..." Critias says, with a slight slur.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he makes for the door. However, he stops in front of it, remembering the worries he had expressed last night about their safety. He suddenly feels that going down by himself did not agree with him. He turns, waiting for his comrades to leave as well.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-12, 07:04 PM
Eldarion nods to his waking companions. Studying all night, he was anxious to pass his maths exam discover more about the situation. he found more information about mindflayers, but plans to inform the others as they finsih eating.

He prepared spells, ready for further action.

level 0
Daze; Daze; (Detect Magic) 2 free
level 1
Kelgores Fire Bolt, Seeking Ray, Blades of Fire, Enlarge person, (True Strike) 2 free
Level 2
Bull strength, Alter Self, Invisibilty, (Clairvoyonce) 2 free.

He begins combat meditation, Getting ready for a day of combat. He prays to Ioun for guidance.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-14, 04:37 AM
Horst wakes up, stretches and rubs his eyes. He gives Rex water, and dons his dark green cloak saying,"Morning guys... Did anyone enter the room or did anything odd happen, Eldarion?"

He then pats Critias on the shoulder and asks jokingly, "Sleep well? Anyway, I'm heading down for breakfast, you want to come Eldarion, or are you to busy studying for whatever your studying for?"

Horst then pauses, "If we're the enemy of someone, maybe we should watch out for our food, it may be poisoned... Then again, all we've got to do, is make sure other people are served out of the same pots as ours."

Horst heads down for breakfast, he keeps an eye out for how the food served, and if he is getting food from the same pots as everyone else.

Samm
2010-05-14, 04:41 AM
Okay, I'm making the rolls here if necessary.

Spot, if need be: [roll0]

Favoured enemy bonus is included, assuming that the waiters, cooks etc. are human.

Sarom
2010-05-14, 06:55 AM
Wow, You must think you really are specifically targeted, when there are plenty of other travellers XD. I'm not that evil to poison someone that early in the game =P. Also if I were, (be aware that inns in this adventure cook something then split it up to the traveller. Its normally how it goes, in those medieval times. Yup that's right, no menus XD) they'd be all from the same pot, so you don't have to worry about that, but each individual dish could be poisoned before it comes out of the kitchen =P. That you might have to watch out.

Critias and Horst leaves the room for the dining room, leaving Eldarion behind to his studies. As you both take a seat at a table a maiden passes by, lays down a jug of water, two glasses and coffee. She gives a slight curtsy, then leaves.

Many people are already in the dining hall having their breakfast and singing along the tunes with two entertainers on a makeshift platform.

A few minutes later you are served your breakfast, consisting of bacon, egg and a piece of bread.

Also I be advice that the order of post isn't always going to be; players, DM. Reason is that at some points players can post two or even three times each before the DM should post. One occassion that we're getting to is after breakfast. Once you guy are outside and doing something I'll start posting after that.

Sarom
2010-05-15, 12:57 AM
(Eldarion's prayer part)

As Eldarion prays he hears his goddess, Ioun speak to him.

Ioun: "Trust in your heart and let it guide your way for Great Evil stirs on this plane, unknown to all except for its presence. Be wary of anyone, Eldarion, for all is both your friend and foe."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-15, 01:17 AM
Reasurred by his Queen's response, Eldarion watches the mortals return to their world of mortality. Pity for them, quenched as he continues his exercises. One swiing of the blade, across, knock, and the Coup de Grace for the end. One swing, across, knock, Mont'Ka. Ote, Iri, L'ji Mont'ka.

Faster and Faster, Culiminating into a final stop, the end of the exercise. Eldarion prepares his knowledge and divides up his papers to give to his companions. In particular, he gathers a mighty tome for Horst, hoping the mortal will read and learn its Contents.

Eldarion waits, gazing at his notes and thinking. The Bestiary of All Things, book II Sits in front, The Tome of Battle (Useful to Criteas) underneath. For Horst, he picks out The Human Race: An Outsiders' guide and Kings and Empires: Legacy of Atlantyr. He dismisses A Guide to Nobility as too complex for his companions at the moment.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-15, 05:15 AM
Horst eats around 3/4 of his bacon and egg. His bread he devours entirely. After drinking the coffee to wash it all down, he perks up a bit. The caffeine is visible effect on him. He's now energetic, twitching, and pumped up for no real reason. He grabs the rest of the bacon and egg dish plate included, and takes it upstairs feeding it to Rex, who eats it very quickly. "That a boy Rex, you did very well back there... " Horst then returns downstairs and leaves the plate on his table. He then returns up the stairs to his room to speak with Eldarion. "Right, what's the plan for today, and what are those books you've got there?"

jumpywinghim
2010-05-15, 07:26 AM
Critias eats ravenously, consuming the entire contents of his breakfast in mere seconds, barely tasting it. When he finishes, the thought of consuming his plate actually crosses his mind, but he does not act on that. After seeing that Horst would not be touching the water, he quickly drains the entire jug of it. However, he regards the coffee with some distaste and leaves it alone.

Critias gets up from his chair and heads back upstairs to the room. Upon opening the door, he notices the paper and books sitting in piles on the (insert wherever Eldarion put them, here). He regards them with interest, but does not raise any questions about them, knowing that Eldarion will explain them if they are of importance. He does not say anything about the day ahead either, preferring to have a group conference once Horst gets back. Instead, he simply says, "Hey Eldarion. Breakfast was a disappointment..." when he enters. Sitting down on his bed, Critias waits.

Yes, Horst comes in afterwards (twice) =P

Cadian 9th
2010-05-15, 07:59 PM
Eldarion pauses from his work with a resigned sigh. He places the pen in its pouch and stoppers the ink vial.

"Glad to hear it, old Friend. Here, have this tome. It details combat techniques and explains several tactical maneouvers I regard you to benefit from learning."

When Horst enters the room, Eldarion assesses.

"This book, The Human Race: An Outsider's guide, would come of fair use to you, Horst. It details the habits of humans as observed by outsiders, and how best to deal with them. I mean not to imply you have inadequacies in that area, however I point you to page 267, Of Chapter 74. It details the combat techniques of humans : how their muscle groups and anatomy changes during a fight. It will aid you when fighting against Humans and, to a lesser degree, Humanoids."

Eldarion stops, and then starts pacing.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-16, 03:51 AM
Critias accepts the tome gladly. It will surely assist him in the near future.

"Much apprieciated, Eldarion." Critias says, in thanks.

He takes a brief flip through the large book, seeing what he would be in store for should he find the time to read it. For now, he places the book in his backpack.

"So, Eldarion." Critias says, now all business. "What fruit does your research bear?"

Oh, and I would also appreciate getting a description for some of the things I see while flipping through the tome. Cadian? Thanks.

Samm
2010-05-17, 01:16 AM
Eldarion pauses from his work with a resigned sigh. He places the pen in its pouch and stoppers the ink vial.

"Glad to hear it, old Friend. Here, have this tome. It details combat techniques and explains several tactical maneouvers I regard you to benefit from learning."

When Horst enters the room, Eldarion assesses.

"This book, The Human Race: An Outsider's guide, would come of fair use to you, Horst. It details the habits of humans as observed by outsiders, and how best to deal with them. I mean not to imply you have inadequacies in that area, however I point you to page 267, Of Chapter 74. It details the combat techniques of humans : how their muscle groups and anatomy changes during a fight. It will aid you when fighting against Humans and, to a lesser degree, Humanoids."

Eldarion stops, and then starts pacing.

Eldarion

Horst is entertained by this, he smirks. "Hah, you'd think I'd know how to fight humans well enough wouldn't you? Heck, I've been running away from them for years...", he thinks. He replies, "Well, I'll take a look at it.". Horst opens the book and flicks to that page, after skimming over it, Horst closes the book and hands it back to Eldarion, "I'll probably read it later - I don't believe this is really the time or place for this thing, we've got a Mind-Flayer to hunt. Any ideas on how we're going to get him?"

Cadian 9th
2010-05-17, 01:30 AM
Eldarion takes a large tome: Bestiary of All Things, book II and opens to a page. On it is a drawing of a revolting creature, with slimy, rubbery skin. It's head is akin to a four tentacled octupus, with horrifying eyes.

"This be the beast we seek. Strong, Tough, yet the mindflayer's most deadly abilities are neither its spellcasting nor it's strength - Its most dangerous, insiduous ability is to devour an entities mind, through means of extraction through facial orfices."

Revolted, Eldarion continues.

"Second among it's dangerous abilities is its domination power, the ability to subjate other creatures to its will through foul concentration. this ability be the most terrible, for we must prepare to slay the innocent, lest their master compel them to slay us. We must prepare ourselves to be acosted by dearest friends who lose their freedom to this enslaver of souls."

"Illithids be one of the world's enemies: I have faith that you both will be able to resist the potent willpower of this abberation, though I fear for our friends to come, also our aquantances in the positions of authority."

Eldarion pauses, seemingly filled with sorrow.

"And, we are not leaving today, at least not yet. We must conduct research, hire, make contacts and secure our quarters."

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-17, 03:29 AM
Critias growls with righteous anger. Even he cannot spare any mercy for such an evil monstrosity.

He now absorbs the last things Eldarion said.
"More research? Yes...for a thing so deadly, we should prepare as much as we can afford to." Critias agrees. "I don't know who you intend to hire or establish a contact with, but findng people with the right experience and/or knowledge can prove useful."

Critias thinks a little longer. After coming up with nothing, he asks, "What have you in mind for a living area to secure?"

"Well, whatever we're doing, I venture to suggest for us to accomplish it together. Splitting up could well save much time, but I fear for our safety when we are all by ourselves...you don't know when or where we could be attacked."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-17, 04:08 AM
"I wish to secure this area as a base for our quest. I will ensure arcane defences are erected and the owner be cooperative."

"I wish also to recruit several Hierling Adventurers. A scout would be handy, as would a pair of fighters and another pair to guard our base."

Eldarion awaits Horst's answer.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-18, 01:25 AM
"Hirelings... I don't quite trust 'em, they work for money, and well, they could be bribed, or even dominated by the Mind-flayer, they may well do more harm then good."

Horst pauses for a though, "As for a base, I'd prefer an abandoned building of some kind, somewhere quiet, private and away from the eye of others, we don't know who may be watching..."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-18, 01:41 AM
"I see your sentiment. I was not considering human hirelings. I was considering monstrous ones, such as minotaurs."

"And as for a base, I am considering this one, in this room. The owner is friendly enough, and few will suspect that this is our base. Reality is, this contains a desk, somewhere for my books and comfortable beds. However, we will be in this realm for a while, and an abandoned or even newly built tower would suit me like the Tome of Furion in the hands of the apprentice."

Eldarion does some quick thinking. Some minotaurs to guard a place would cost a little, though not so much to a great paladin like himself. A tower for himself would be very welcome...

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-18, 06:37 AM
Critias quickly tires of the thinking, like always. Well thought-out plans were never his area of expertise. He just follows the plans. He rarely ever thinks them up.

A breif memory. Critias recalls a time back when he was still in the Fighters' Guild, learning. He and some classmates were called on to arrange and carry out the moving of equipment from an old storeroom, which was to be refurbished and renewed, to an empty bedroom. As the bedroom was much smaller than the storeroom, the stacks of equipment had to be deposited in an organised fashion. When Critias was asked for his input in the planning for this, he had simply responded with, "I'll carry the heavy stuff."

Critias now gets up from his seat on the bed and walks over to the section of wall next to the doorway (on the side where the door doesn't open up and squish him), leaning back on it with his arms crossed when he reaches it.

Looking at his comrades, he says, "So. What course of action are we to take first?"

:smalleek: Well, I just felt like including that tiny background story. Doesn't matter if you read it or not, it was the result of me posting at 9:30pm.

Samm
2010-05-19, 01:31 AM
"I'm not sure at the moment, I'd say the best course of action would be, to learn as much about this Mind Flayer as we can. That or, set up a base of somekind... Honestly, though, the former would be far more useful."

Horst dislikes the idea of hiring minotaurs or any other monsters to guard a tower, it'd attract plenty of attention; of which he dislikes. He decides to vocalise his conern, "I don't like the idea of hireing monsters to protect us, it's not that they strange or anything, but don't you think it'd attract a lot of attention? If someone's out to get us, as Critias seems to believe, it'd be a bad idea."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-19, 01:45 AM
"As you stated, such a tower would be unobtrusive and far from anyone as it can be; If one came to the tower, they would already know of us, so I mitagate that disagreement with logic."

"Minotaurs are more resilient to an Illithid's foul domination, and can fight back harder. Such Minotaur mercenaries are loyal with coin and even loyaller to a patron who provides to them, which I intend to do.

Spreading a book across the table, Bestiary of All Things, book II, he traces his finger down to a paragraph and continues speaking.

"If the Minotaurs were guards, one would not flount the fact. Minotaurs know as a race that working for arcanists bears great rewards. I am confident in their abilities and judge the extra cost worth all."

Eldarion shifts his vision to gaze upon Criteas.

"The Illithid may know of us, It may find out about us, It may seek us out. If such an event was to occur, then I would not allow Innocents to be harmed while such confrontations take place. Better to stand exalted rather than see the people of this city turned against us, enslaved to the will of an Aberration."

"We should seek such a tower, such hirelings and supplies. Research is vital. And Horst, stand with me, you will find Minotaurs better than humans - they suffer none of the flaws of a human's mind. Refer to them as people, not monsters. They are intelligent beings, and have done little wrong to the world. The same sadly cannot be said for your race in this world."

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-19, 04:56 AM
"As you stated, such a tower would be unobtrusive and far from anyone as it can be; If one came to the tower, they would already know of us, so I mitagate that disagreement with logic."

"Are you sure?", Horst retorts, "People do wander around a bit, and if they find a tower guarded by Minotaurs, word is going to get out. I say, we pick a quiet place, and tell no-one of it, secrecy will be its guard."

"Minotaurs are more resilient to an Illithid's foul domination, and can fight back harder. Such Minotaur mercenaries are loyal with coin and even loyaller to a patron who provides to them, which I intend to do.

"Well, that's good, but I still believe secrecy will be the best guard when we don't really know friend from foe."

Spreading a book across the table, Bestiary of All Things, book II, he traces his finger down to a paragraph and continues speaking.

"If the Minotaurs were guards, one would not flount the fact. Minotaurs know as a race that working for arcanists bears great rewards. I am confident in their abilities and judge the extra cost worth all."

"I don't actually believe that to be the best course of action... Sure, do the research, but keep everything secret, supplies are necessary, yes, but I think hirelings aren't." Horst says thoughtfully. He turns to Criteas, "What do you think Criteas?"

Cadian 9th
2010-05-19, 05:04 AM
"Hence why I would veil the tower and obliterate any resistance to our work. You protest too much - yet not enough."

"We need guards for our base, and people to carry my books and tents and things. I will need a desk, don't you know? You don't expect me to carry it everywhere by myself know, do you?
He sighs.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-19, 05:20 AM
He turns to Criteas, "What do you think Criteas?"

Critias growls with the slightest impatience.

"I think that I should leave the thinking to you guys." he replies. "But if you want my opinion, I think that not having to watch ourselves once we obtain a base will be useful..."

After that, Critias looks up and holds his gaze to the ceiling. He is remembering better times...

Samm
2010-05-20, 04:39 AM
Horst, shrugs, "Whatever guys... Whatever... If we want to establish a base, I guess, the question now is, how?"

Horst pauses for a think, "We want somewhere out of the way, like an abandoned tower", he thinks, "Now, without causing too much of a fuss, how do we do that?..." An idea appears in his mind, he snaps his fingers and says inadvertently out loud, "A Cartographer! After a brief pause, he continues, "Let's go to the map maker, and see if we can find a map that displays an abandoned building that's out of the way, we'll be able to hide there. If we do it right no-one'll know that we've moved there, and no-one'll go there anyway..."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-20, 04:45 AM
"Horst, It brings joy to my heart when you finally catch up with me. Yes, a Scout is what we need."

Eldarion flicks through his spellbook.

"I will glammer our tower, establish traps and blend it into the mountains. You will make traps and elemental force currents, and Criteas can, as he requests, lift the heavy stuff, i.e. my glass tent, my desk. "

"...Oh, I'm only kidding. I don't want a glass tent. I will not live in Luxury while others live in squalor."

Eldarion stands. He salutes the two, then motions for the door.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-20, 04:53 AM
"A scout, why? I say we go to the Cartographer first, and see if we can find any abandoned buildings that are out of the way... Yeah, I'll dig a few pit traps or something..."

I'm not sure about making traps, usually they rely on the Craft: Trapmaking skill, but because a pit, is well, a pit and that Horst knows how things camouflages, he should be able to construct one, right?

jumpywinghim
2010-05-20, 08:09 AM
"...and Criteas can, as he requests, lift the heavy stuff, i.e. my glass tent, my desk. "

Critias smiles slightly at that. He detaches himself from the wall and walks over to the table. Folding the legs under it, he lifts the table easily and holds it under his left arm like he would hold a book. As he slowly turns, holding the table, he inadvertantly begins to think over the issue about needing a scout.

"We're needing the help of a scout..." Critias thinks. "Help..."

A flashback...
Quick Shadow: "Any more help just visit the SPO building...It's near the Inn your were at..."

These thoughts pass through Critias's mind within a second, and as they conclude, Critias suddenly exclaims, "Hey! Horst, you recall how Quick Shadow said that we could visit the SPO for any assistance we require? Well, why don't we do just that? The hunting of the Mindflayer is an SPO errand, assigned to us. So, it would not do any harm to let them in on any details, would it? Quick Shadow said the building was near this inn..."

Critias remembers something else...
[Tharivol] passes [Eldarion] a parchment stating that [he] requires compensation from the SPO, signed by Tharivol with an arcane mark.
Tharivol: "If you're wishing for compensation, you're better off heading to the SPO building in this town."

Critias turns to Eldarion, almost snapping the table in half against the wall. "And you, Eldarion, you received an official form from Tharivol stating that you deserved compensation. Instead of money, you could gain that compensation in the form of some resources from the SPO, for our mission."

His sudden plethora of ideas voiced, Critias subsides. He becomes aware of the dangerous way he is holding the table, and switches to a two-handed grip on it, holding it lengthways.

My longest...post...EVER!:smallbiggrin:
Anyone detect any typos?
And YES I WAS up until past 11pm posting, don't make anything out of it...

Cadian 9th
2010-05-21, 04:37 AM
Eldarion gives a sigh.
"I'm always intrigued when you both show glimmers of intelligence, though the thought process behind it seems alarmingly slow."

"I have spent a few hours considering the SPO, while you two were slumbering. The SPO, I'm sorry to say, is False. The only reason why I continue this quest is that Illithids need to be destroyed."

"Such an organisation as the SPO is deplorable, though with no apparent misdeeds that we have found, we should endevour to distance ourselves as much as possible. I pity tharivol and Quickshadow for being part of that lie, to live a facade behind endless smoke and mirrors. I will expose the truth, thwart Vecna. Somewhere, the keeper of secrets waits in the Sarfratualr Peace Organisation - slay him and free the world."

"The SpO is not an option. It is easily infiltrated, easily decieved and too willing to use violence against innocent threats. I propose to free one of the innocent from guilt, to secure the faith of the fallen, to lead the sinful to the light of Valour, to spring from the shadows the light of the sun."

"We go to streets. I must find a tower as a base, far away. We should inspect the prisons and alleys, recruit those with the gold heart of the force of purity, the shining guardian, the watchful protector, the scout of the heaven and all of celestia."

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-21, 08:12 AM
"Well, the SPO sounds like it's full of moles... Though, we could make good use of all it's help it's offered to us, without giving any details of course, unless you find the idea, abhorent. Also, tell me why the SPO is a lie, I'm not quite sure. Does it have something to do with the way they kill in the name of peace?

And the prisons, and the alley ways, good of heart? Your joking right? Those people are generally, the really bad eggs... The ones even society dislikes..."

jumpywinghim
2010-05-21, 08:49 AM
Critias, being his trusting self (a contradiction to the cautious part of his personality, but a contradiction that exists nonetheless), fails to see any threat behind the SPO, since nothing has occurred to make him think there would be a threat. However, he trusts Eldarion's judgement more, so he follows him.
"Eldarion's so sure of himself, and I'm a terrible debater anyway." Critias thinks to himself. "But..."

Critias must voice his thoughts...

"Alright then, let's go. But please tell me this: exactly how have you come to your conclusions? I haven't an inkling as to where your statements about the SPO's ease of infiltration and deceiving stem from, for one thing. And the only violence I know of the SPO has only been committed by Tharivol and Quick Shadow; the battle with the skeletons and that battle you told us of, with a 3 to 10 odds against Tharivol, Quick Shadow, and that other person..." Critias searches for the name. "Dark Glow, that was it."

Critias awaits an explaination. As of the moment, he would prefer to be trusting the SPO instead of suspecting them.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-21, 07:58 PM
Eldarion sighs again, looking at the bright mortals before him. It vigorates him to see them thinking, learning, constructing, growing, believing in something. That is one thing Eldarion stays with mortals for.

"Such is the Curse of Immortality and Intellect. There are several... points of interest that led me to such a conclusion."

"Despite the formidable power and influence of the SpO, they have not yet quelled the rebels, nor addressed any of the problems plaguing their city which they swear to protect. "

"Regardless of such a outnumbering, we all know Tharivol, Quickshadow and Darkglow could vanquish the threat of 10 rebels easily, as they did. Not only did the ten rebels penetrate the SpO's defences so easily, but in turn were easily defeated by the trio of veterans."

Femalë: "And what help do you need? You sure have some way to treat a woman and then suddenly ask for help. I'm on a tight schedule you know and I must hurry soon. It would be better if I helped you with your problems later once I've done with my business"

"Furthermore, Quickshadow complained that she had bsuiness to attend to, and that business, as I watched, as Furion watched, was to fight off that rebel squad. It was a scheduled event. Why fight the Rebels inside the city, where they can cause damage and potential panic, I asked myself."

Back at the North gate, Furion sees Quickshadow reparing her weapons. Her other two companions are also preparing. The guards leave the area in a hurry. Coming near the gate are ten figures all dress in green clothing, armed with a bow and longsword each.

As the two green cloaked figures flee, Quickshadow and her two companions meet up and turn to leave, heading south. Twenty fully armed guards walk by them, some of them nodding. They raise the drawbridge and portcullis and man the barricades.

"The answer lies in trickery and the art of placating the populos. By staging, yes staging, banish your doubt that it was true, such an encounter, the SpO continues to have public support and approval - and my guess, funding. My guess was proven correct when I recieved intelligence regarding the royalty of this realm - there is no threat, yet a dedicated organisation keeps the "peace" by ruthlessly slaying retreating men."

"Again, we know that the SpO has offices and fights to keep the peace - with a few guards against a small rebellion. For 2 years, at least. While the SpO is funded, no libraries are built, no universities, no theatres, no guilds, nor schools nor any other hallmark of civilization. The bare neccesities are built, and all the while, the SpO are at "War", the local people tremble with fear that they are to be attacked. It is an excuse to control the people, to blind the light and lay down the faithful."

"An organisation which practises such deception will never recieve my approval. Such lies to the population are to be revealed and we free the truth. Only, as it stands, I will allow such corruption to remain. Loss of the SpO could lead to panic in the innocent, or perhaps harm - something I cannot allow either. Until I solve this test, I resolve to be inactive, to take no part nor take no action against the SpO."

Eldarion glares out the window, torn by his duty to the good and his obligation to destroy secrets and purge corruption.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-22, 01:05 AM
"Well, when you think of it that way, they do seem like joke... And, Quickshadow said something along the lines of "Don't mess with the SPO", it looks like they have some method of disciplining those that step out of line... They must have friends in high places... the town guard maybe..."

Horst pauses for a thought.

"Wait, if news got out about the SPO being a lie, there would be riots, unrest, or at the very least funding would dry up right? They don't want that... I wonder if anyone else knows more about this... I'd wager a yes, maybe disenfranchised a high up bloke, who got kicked out or left... If that sort of man is alive, he'd be in prison or on the run; the SPO has considerable influence; he wouldn't be on the right side of the law...

Ah... Stuff it... First things first, lets focus on killing the mind-flayer, and bring his head back..."

jumpywinghim
2010-05-22, 08:21 AM
Critias nods. Eldarion has given him reasons, solid reasons, so he is now satisfied. Though Critias still has his own thoughts as to the authenticity of the SPO, he shall keep what Eldarion has said in mind, and act accordingly.

"He has at least presented an explanation as to why Crossroad City is so devoid of the more luxurious buildings." Critias thinks.

"Not to worry, my friend." Critias reassures Eldarion, without the accompanying pat on the shoulder due to having a two-handed grip on the table. "For those fighting for the side of Good, there shall always eventually be the chance for them to right all the wrongs that they come across."

Critias is echoing the words his father told him on that fateful night, before leaving behind...everything.

He finishes his words in his mind. "Or at least, they can pave the way for others to achieve what they could not in the cruelly short time they had..."

"Come on then, let's go." he says briskly.

Critias is quite anxious to get some fresh air and sunlight. Sunlight being the vital thing. It does not do for those of his race to get sluggish due to lack of warmth.

I've only just started to form Critias' background. Apologies if anything seems too unclear at the moment.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-22, 07:59 PM
Eldarion nods, still disturbed by the facts. He too wished to trust the SpO, but he feels betrayed and cheated.

Taking a moment to take his spell book, a stash of coin and a few jewels, Eldarion motions for the others to leave.

"Criteas, you can put down the desk. Help me pick up all my books... try not to do that next time..."

After that is done, he leads the others out of the Inn and onto the streets, hood drawn up. He motions for the others to do the same.

Sarom

Wingerz, This SPOILER IS FOR SAROM SO STOP READING.

Yes, I arcane locked the door while speaking to them. They are unaware of the trap I also completed on the door: Create Trap, Leomund's Trap, Alarm(Audible, sound of Guards shouting, and mental.), Wall of Gloom. The Wall of Gloom is over the Trap (Scything Blade Trap) and the alarm is just across the floor in the wall. The door is subject to Leomunds Trap. All spells except the permenant one are extended (+1 SL).
-Create Trap: Races of the Dragon
-Leomund's Trap: PHB
-Alarm: PHB
-Wall of Gloom: Complete Arcane

Okay. I think you know why I haven't told the others.

On the way out, he speaks to the Staff of the Inn.
"See to it no-one enters my room. Please." He says, pressing a small bag of coins into the human's hand.

With hood up, he heads for the nearest general store.
"Go where you will. Furion watches you, I watch you. Find out useful information. We meet back here, or if in trouble put your palm skyward and wait for the hawk cry. If you hear the hawk cry meet where we arrived." Eldarion rapidly diverges, in Elven, whispering.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-23, 12:14 AM
Critias prefers not to act without fully knowing what is required of him. He now confirms his instructions with Eldarion:

"By 'useful information'...do you mean things about the Mindflayer? Oh, and one more thing...where can we expect to discover reliable information? We barely know a thing about the structure of this city."

Critias glances up, on the off-chance that he might catch a glimpse of Furion.

"One has to admire the strength and loyalty in your familiar, Eldarion."

This is all assuming Eldarion speaks in a language that I understand. If not, just pretend my post says "Critias has no idea what Eldarion just said, so he just tips his head slightly to the side in confusion."

Sarom
2010-05-23, 03:51 AM
You find yourselves in an streat filled with inns and houses. A few markets are set up along the street selling a variety of items. A block down the street on the other side stands the SPO building.

To your left are a few barracks, stables and blacksmiths. To your right, where the majority of people are going, is the town square and market place.
A few guards patrol the area.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-23, 08:52 PM
Heading over to the markets, Eldarion makes sure his hood is tight. He keeps his eyes open and listens for danger.

Heading over to the nearest exotic store, he asks:
"Good day to you, sir. Have you any well-bound books, and fine parchment? A quill and ink, of exquisite quality would be appreciated too."

All
Obviously, sub in whatever store for exotic store. Don't delay posting by whining how I speed things up by assuming a single store in the city will sell parchment... :smallwink:

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-23, 09:03 PM
Heading over to the markets, Eldarion makes sure his hood is tight. He keeps his eyes open and listens for danger.

Heading over to the nearest exotic store, he asks:
"Good day to you, sir. Have you any well-bound books, and fine parchment? A quill and ink, of exquisite quality would be appreciated too."

All
Obviously, sub in whatever store for exotic store. Don't delay posting by whining how I speed things up by assuming a single store in the city will sell parchment... :smallwink:

Eldarion

The adventure is long but I'm not that slow.

The shopkeeper looks up at you. He holds a finger up and goes to the back of his stall. After two minutes he comes back with three empty books; each containing three-hundred pages, twenty parchments, two quills and two Ink bottles.

"This is all that I can carry but I suppose it'll be satisfactory for you sir. Take what fares you best. Prices are as follows; books are 10gp each, parchments 5sp each, quills are 1gp each and Ink bottles are 2gp each. I can bring out more if you wish for me to."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-23, 09:12 PM
Eldarion smiles and murmurs thanks. Running his hands over the spine, he checks the binding of the books, seeing the quality of the pages and the strength of the binding. With the parchment, he checks to see just how good it is - he is looking to use it for scribing spells.

"Thank you sir." He says, inspecting the items.

Sarom

Not sure if I need to make an Appraise check, but here it is:
Take 20+7 = 27.

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-23, 09:17 PM
Dante:

You inspect the items before you and find it in perfect condition for any of your needs.

He replies:
"It is a pleasure to serve a customer."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-23, 09:32 PM
Eldarion takes two books, then a smaller one, pocket sized. He takes 20 sheets of parchment, buys an ink-vial of crimson ink, another of midnight blue ink, and both quills.

Eldarion withdraws 50 gold pieces and passes them over.

Diplomacy check, to make him like me.
[roll0]
+2 circumstance?
And to make the next words more favourable.

"Keep the change. I have one favour to ask of you, in exchange for my loyal customership. Would you stay silent unless directly asked about myself, and also, can I count on you to be a supplier?"

Eldarion conveys as much of his angel aspect as he can without being overtly obvious. Hidden wingbeats raise small dust clouds as Eldarion stands taller and more benevolent.

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-23, 09:37 PM
The man is a bit surpised by your request but takes it with gratitude.
He places the gold into a safe and locks it before turning back to Eldarion.

"Yes I shall. It benefits me and I can't see why I can't be of help to you. Your secret is safe with me sir."

Samm
2010-05-24, 01:48 AM
"Right, while Eldarion is off buying ink, do you want to go to the SPO building and see if we can get a map of the area, with the recent mind-flayer attacks marked on it?", says Horst eager to make some progress.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-24, 04:12 AM
"Actually, I was thinking we could talk to the authorities, like those guards over there. Eldarion clearly doesn't want us setting foot inside the SPO, and I can see why. I understand you might not suspect the SPO enough to keep away from them, but let's at least humour Eldarion and find other sources of information. He's going to be dissappointed in us if we go against him, and he WILL know if we do...he's got Furion keeping watch. Come on, I'm sure we'll find reliable enough information from others, if we look in the right places.

Critias heads for the guards, attempting to look as harmless as possible. Upon reaching them, he asks about any strange or gruesome deaths or killings that have occurred, which involve facial mutilation.

Diplomacy - [roll0]

Sarom
2010-05-24, 04:51 AM
Critias:

The guard raises an eyebrow at you, completely confused at your request.

"Face mutilation? What abomination can do such a thing?"

jumpywinghim
2010-05-24, 05:03 AM
Critias can tell that this guard will not yeild any useful information.

"Something evil. I just had to ensure that it hasn't taken up residence in this good City. Clearly, by your answer, I can be assured that it is not here. See, my parents told me a tale of this monster and I seem to have taken it to heart." Critias chuckles slightly in a self-effacing way. "I'm sorry to have to taken your time for something so childish. Have a good day."

Critias makes for the barracks, but then feels that creating a building-full of combat-capable men suspicious of him would not be a great life choice. He heads for the houses instead, beckoning for Horst to follow.

Samm
2010-05-24, 06:06 AM
In outrage Horst whispers sharply in Criteas' ear,"Do you have no subtlety? You're basically just wandering around asking if anyone's found a mind-flayer! If the mind-flayer can control people, this man may be part of his group! I really doubt he's moved into the city anyway. C'mon, let's find a map of the surrounding area. Then, we can go ask them , the SPO about the details, and provide none of our own... Though we should talk that over with Eldarion first... They already know we're doing this, don't they?"

jumpywinghim
2010-05-24, 06:18 AM
Critias sighs.
"I have this feeling that we're just going to be annoying him by approaching him at this point, but if you really must, then let's go."

Critias also voices some suspicions that he thinks Eldarion would have.
"See, I'm sure Eldarion would be aware that the SPO would know that we're doing this Mindflayer mission if he didn't think that the WHOLE SPO wasn't told. He probably thinks only Tharivol, Quick Shadow, and perhaps Dark Glow know of what we're doing."

He reluctantly heads off for where he last saw Eldarion go; the markets. Seeing that Eldarion is busy, Critias stands a few metres away, waiting for when his friend finishes up whatever business he has with the shopkeeper.

Samm
2010-05-24, 06:37 AM
Horst runs over to the markets, and looks around for Eldarion; Eldarion being a distinctive figure, Horst finds him easily. Horst folds his arms and stands about a metre behind him, cowl low, looking fairly grim. When Eldarion finishes up, he taps him on the shoulder and speaks into his ear quietly, "Right, we're not sure what to do at the moment - I want to travel to the SPO building and get a map, and get the details on the murders, we don't have much information to work on. If I can get to Quickshadow, I will, but I won't reveal anything. Is this okay with you? Criteas seems to want to wander around asking people about whether anyone's been killed by a mind-flayer. Personally, I'd prefer to do the former than the latter..."

jumpywinghim
2010-05-24, 07:10 AM
"Criteas seems to want to wander around asking people about whether anyone's been killed by a mind-flayer."

Critias growls in annoyance at that misunderstanding.
"I'm asking around, subtly, if you will, about signs of the Mindflayer, but never mentioning the Mindflayer itself."

He awaits Eldarion's reply...

Cadian 9th
2010-05-24, 06:33 PM
Eldarion further shields his new parchments in his robes. From beneath his hood, he sighs.

"The Illithid will not be killing anyone in the confines of this "Town" if such a word could be used to describe it."

"the Illithid would charm its prey, compelling it into its lair to consume it's cranial matter. This practise is so disturbing I doubt I could stomach such a sight, and I have seen the the herald of Wee Jas in person."

Continuing to walk back to the Inn, Eldarion continues.

"I need you to look for maps of this area. The map we have is rudimentry. Since you need specific objectives, Find food for us - Draw your hood and act in secrecy. Ask shop keepers and barkeepers, and anyone who looks like they are alien about any missing people, or murders. When asked who you are, reply that you are from the Inquisition of Sarfratular. When pressed as to who you are, deflect the question and fall back. Be careful, if I need to tell you that, too." Eldarion breathes.

Eldarion moves, and motions for the others enter the inn. Go, I have business to attend to, I will return shortly.

Sarom

Eldarion goes to put all the papers and books and things on the desk, then places them with reverance on the flat surface. He return after checking all spells are intact and all defences remain.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-24, 10:45 PM
Critias looks around, taking glances at all the stalls around him. He then addresses Horst.

"So. Food. Know any good places?"

Samm
2010-05-25, 01:26 AM
"Right, the map. I'll get it. Then I'll get some food. C'mon Criteas..." Horst looks around in the markets for a cartographer (map maker). He then whines, "Why does this guy never, answer any of our questions directly? What is wrong with him?" Horst then returns to his search for a map maker.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-25, 01:58 AM
Eldarion waits till the others leave, then returns to the markets. He goes to sit on the quayside, looking into the waters. Furion scouts, away from the city, searching for anything and specifically a Tower.

Furion will go for 80 Miles. (Hustle, 1 hour)

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-25, 02:12 AM
Eldarion:

Furion flies to search for a tower but finds none in range.

Horst/Critias:

You find a cartographer busily scribbling down, what seems to be notes.
He looks up at you two when you both approach.

Cartographer; "How may I serve you two?"

Cadian 9th
2010-05-25, 04:07 AM
Eldarion relishes the renewal of contact with his familiar, then Furion leaves again, desperately searching further, twice as far. Eldarion sighs and waits for the others to appear.

This time, Furion will go for 4 hours, until 5-30 in the evening. He can cover 120 miles an hour, so up to 480 miles out. If he finds something He'll activate the message ring I gave him, and investigate.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-25, 04:11 AM
Horst/Critias:

You find a cartographer busily scribbling down, what seems to be notes.
He looks up at you two when you both approach.

Cartographer; "How may I serve you two?"

"We require a good map of this city" replies Critias. "The most recently made one, please, if you have one in stock."

Sarom
2010-05-25, 04:14 AM
Eldarion:

Furion sees what seems to be a fort and he alerts his master about this. He investigates further and discovers the fort to be inhabited but in a worn out condition.

This small fort stands at the top of a hill in the grasslands north-north-west of 'Cross Road City'.

Note*:
Once Horst and Critias does their stuff the time will be about 4-5pm.

Sarom
2010-05-25, 04:30 AM
"We require a good map of this city" replies Critias. "The most recently made one, please, if you have one in stock."

"Why yes,... sir... here it is. It's 3gp".
He passes you a map of the City.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-25, 04:33 AM
Enlightened, estatic, Eldarion decides to enquire after mercenaries. Specifically, Minotaur Mercenaries. He prays to Ioun for her blessing and guidance on this matter and on the finding. He draws his hood closer as he keeps an eye out and strides in the streets of Cross Road city.

Sarom, and perahaps others later.

If need be, I'll use Diplomacy to see if they have info. And a few coin if need be...:smallcool:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, knowledge check: Local, to find any info about said subject.
[roll4]

And Knowledge, history for the castle
[roll5]

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-25, 04:47 AM
Horst passes the map-maker 3gp, he then asks,"Yeah, if it's possible, can you give us a map of the surrounding area?"

Horst gets rather annoyed at Criteas, he thinks, "Pelor help me! This guy forget entierly about the surrounding area! I guess Crossroad city is all that matters to him!"

jumpywinghim
2010-05-25, 04:51 AM
Critias looks completely oblivious to the fact that they also required a map of the surrounding area. As Horst requests one, he just shrugs to himself indifferently.

"Hence why I'm not usually the thinker, I guess." Critias thinks.

Sarom
2010-05-25, 04:59 AM
Eldarion:
Three of your four attempts are unsuccessful. One local female tells you;

"I remember that fort. It was one of the key strategic positions that the last generation of humans used in the war. That one fort was able to keep enemies from taking the south as the humans mobilised their troops.

It was abandon after the war. Reasons being was that it wasn't needed anymore and that it was deteriorating at an alarming rate. No one really knows why but rumours say of stone eating termites.

Minotaur Mercenaries? I believe that aren't any Minotaurs on Sarfratular but there are some on the land we came from. Best if you hire them from there."

The Minotaur Mercenaries, although not found anywhere on Sarfratular, comes from the human lands, south of Sarfratular. Reccently many mercenaries from the human lands are moving to Sarfratular in search for better jobs. None have arrived yet, but it's only a matter of time.

The fort that stood NNW of Cross Road City, was vital for the humans in the war. Many people relied on it's defence and power to protect them during the war.

The fort is two-hundred feet by two-hundred feet, containing one small Keep and three barracks.

Horst/Critias:

"Why yes I do, have a map of the surrounding area. That'll be another 2gp."
Rummaging through his storage, he brings out another map in which he passes to Horst.

I'll send the maps over once I"m done with them.

Samm
2010-05-25, 05:33 AM
"Yeah, thanks, here's the 2 gp you asked for..." Horst picks up the map and then leaves the store after paying the money, he pats Criteas on the back and says, "I guess it's time to get the food then, would trail rations be the go?"

Sarom
2010-05-25, 05:35 AM
"Thankyou" , he replies before continuing his work.

I sent the two maps to your email accounts.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-25, 06:00 AM
Horst picks up the map and then leaves the store after paying the money, he pats Criteas on the back and says, "I guess it's time to get the food then, would trail rations be the go?"

Critias considers that, head slightly to the side.
"Perhaps. But seeing as we're setting up a base somewhere and won't be constantly travelling for a while, it wouldn't hurt to get some more...appetising food, would it?"

Critias' animalistic side would really like more sustenance...

Samm
2010-05-25, 10:57 PM
"Look, the funny thing is, the more appetising food spoils faster, the dried hard stuff is the stuff that keeps for longer. If we plan on staying out in a tower away from everyone, the food's gotta keep well. The fewer trips we make back to town, the better.", says Horst in an almost condascending tone.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-26, 02:14 AM
Eldarion moves to meet the others as Furion returns.

He takes a moment, taking in the expressions.

"I have found an Uninhabited Castle that is suitable for a base. It is to the North of here, North North west to be precise. It was abandoned a very long time ago. It's history lies in the old war."

"It is a approximately 160 miles away from here, to be precise." Eldarion smiles at his own joke. "If you have all your errands complete, we could make it by nightfall. I can summon mounts for us that will ensure a speedy arrival."

"We should leave now."

Ushering Criteas and Horst around, Eldarion helps complete all the neccesary demands. He deactivates the guards and wards, pays the Inn keeper silence money, retrieves the trap, gathers his things. Assembling his companions on the edge of the city, Furion perched on his shoulder, Eldarion speaks words of power, summoning 3 mounts of arcane nature. Ready for action, he urges the others to make haste.

He leads, Riding.

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-26, 02:53 AM
I'm assuming that you guys automatically follow Eldarion.

You arrive at the fort at Dusk. You see the remains of what used to be a vital fort in the Sarfratular wars. Made out of stone and wood, the place stands at sixety feet. Covering two-hundred feet by two-hundred feet, this fort contains three barracks and one keep.

Althought big, the walls have long served it's purpose for parts of the wall have holes in them or has collapsed. There seems to only be one exit and entry excluding the collapsed wall.

The wooden double doors are rotten and both hang on the bottem hinges. The portcullis seems to be in top condition though

*Spot checks everyone*
Also only one side of the wall has a partly collapsed, which is the North.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-26, 03:37 AM
After dismounting and stretching his muscles, Critias examines the fort.

"Well, the portcullis is all we really need..." Critias comments, after seeing the decrepit state of the double doors.

Spot check - [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-05-26, 03:55 AM
Eldarion surveys the scene. Sending furion out, he casts a spell of daylight, Illuminating a nearby object, and his fist. He also casts it upon a pair of sticks and hands it to Horst and Criteas.

"If you need to hide the torch, conceal it in a cloak or pouch, and the light is veiled. I bid you to search the barracks, one each. I'll do the one on the right. We meet back here in 10 minutes. Watch for traps."

"Actually, Criteas, stand guard here. Furion will check out the Fort itself."

Pulling them aside, Eldarion murmurs.

"I think we were followed. A hunch, as you would call it."

I cast a spell of Moment of "Pesience" (Incorrect spelling) (Allows two rolls of a check, take best.) On me and Furion.
Spot: Furion:
1st: [roll0]
2nd: [roll1]
Eldarion:
1st: [roll2]
2nd: [roll3]

Listen: Furion
[roll4]
Eldarion
[roll5]

Spellcraft Check: Determine if any features in the area are magic influenced:
[roll6]
Dungeoneering Check: Determine if a creature caused this and also about the general ecology of the place, e.g. fungi.
[roll7]

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-26, 04:08 AM
As he has Darkvision and does not require light to see in the darkness, Critias immediately conceals his torch, for future use.

He nods as he is requested to stand guard, and starts devising up a method of patrol to use once his companions depart.

Samm
2010-05-26, 04:40 AM
"Huh, if the North side of the wall is partially collapsed, defending this place will be not quite as easy as I'd hoped... Oh well, it'll hopefully make it less likely for people to look here..."

Horst takes a look around, "I hope we're not being followed... It ruins the secrecy thing entirely..."

Spot: [roll0], add 2 if I'm looking for a human.
Listen: [roll1], ah crud, if I'm not looking for a human, subtract 2.

Horst then holds at about shoulder height. He stands ready, with his bow in hand.

Sarom
2010-05-26, 04:44 AM
Horst and Critias sees nothing, whilst Furion and Eldarion sees a figure moving in the darkness. The figure slips into the fort through a big hole in the wall.

Furion scouts the fort and sees the figure walk into the Keep throught the main doors.

Eldarion, Furion and Horst here nothing out of the ordinary.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-26, 04:55 AM
Eldarion instantly moves, racing to the side of the door. He motions to the others to follow. He then sends the mounts after the figure, And Furion, ready, takes a spell of invisibility, as does Horst.

He moves behind the figure, gets a direct shot, then casts a spell - Daze, before Furion swoops foward, ready to deliver a Shocking Grasp.

"HALT!" Eldarion cries. "Stand before us!"

Eldarion waits to see who the figure is, ready to leap and attack as furion does.

Readied action, charge if the target moves. :smallbiggrin:

Dante

Samm
2010-05-26, 05:10 AM
Horst follows Eldarion, curious to see what may have been following us. He thinks, "Eldarion has seen something, I haven't seen it, so it must be hard to spot... Didn't hear anything, probably relatively far away..." Horst raises his bow and aims it for the figure, as soon as he sees it.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-26, 07:23 AM
All thoughts of patrolling abandoned, Critias also pursues the figure, keeping to the side of and slightly behind Eldarion. He readies his own bow, nocking an arrow and aiming at the figure as soon as he sights it.

As Eldarion calls out, Critias has a passing thought.
"Hmph. The last time we saw a figure..."

AssassinKing
2010-05-26, 10:32 AM
Oh my goodness! Don't sneak up on me like that! Hope turns towards Eldarion with a smile. She was obviously not worried at all. If you don't mind I would like to take care of my business. She starts heading towards the front door of the keep.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-26, 10:24 PM
Critias is caught completely off-guard by the unworried manner of this new face. Still aiming at the newcomer, he looks to Eldarion for what do next.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-26, 10:26 PM
Eldarion sneers at the girl.

"If you are hoping to fool me, you have not succeeded." Eldarion sneers. " You are not innocent. One does not react to this situation with such an innocent attitude. Why are you here? What are you called? Speak true, lest I slay thee with mine blade."

Eldarion watches her back through Furion. Furion, still invisible, is ready to deliver a Shocking Grasp to the girl.

Yes, I know who she is, but I want to RP.

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-05-26, 10:41 PM
That's not a way to treat a lady. If you must know I am searching for treasure and you aren't gonna get any.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-26, 10:46 PM
Critias raises an eyebrow.

"Treasure? In this place?"

He also has a few thoughts about the person's maturity.

""Aren't gonna get any"? Ok...that's a nice way to put it..."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-26, 10:50 PM
'I claim none of any treasure that be here. I wish to aqquire this stronghold for our own use - such your actions are for now, ignored. So long as you put the wealth gained to good use, I have no quarel with thee."

Eldarion inspects the human female, taking in the defiant expression. Walking over, he searches her eyes.

"You are a young one, Human. So fair, and yet so lost in the world."

Eldarion realizes the others wish to speak. He stops and steps back.

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-05-26, 11:13 PM
Wow are you always a creaper? What business are you here for? She takes a peak at everyone else.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-27, 02:08 AM
Eldarion turns to Horst.

"Continue Checking. Take the unsearched Barracks, meet us back here in 10 minutes. I still sense danger." Eldarion orders.

"Must I detail it again? We are here to occupy this stronghold. We mean to take it for our own, as it is no longer inhabited and no longer needed. How the mighty hath fallen..."

"I follow the highest moral code, miss. I fight for justice, to protect the innocent, to raise the faithful over the guilty. I stand against the tide, never faltering, a loyal ally, a watchful protector. A white knight."

"What are you called, you Human? Excuse my manner. I am startled by your appearance."

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-05-27, 02:45 AM
Aw; there just has to be a reason why your here. It just doesn't make any sense for someone to just wonder off into an abandoned fortress.
[roll0] search for traps or something at the entrance of the keep.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-27, 02:58 AM
"Silence, Criteas." Eldarion snaps.

"You go to far, Human. I was ancient before you were born. I need not explain myself to Mortals such as you." Eldarion says. He suddenly laughs, bringing the Blade of Arcana foward.

"You will not goad me, Human. However I cannot let you leave this place, you will remain here or fight by our side."

Eldarion looks around, casts detect magic.
spot: [roll0]
Furion: [roll1]

Eldarion

Samm
2010-05-27, 03:19 AM
Eldarion turns to Horst.

"Continue Checking. Take the unsearched Barracks, meet us back here in 10 minutes. I still sense danger." Eldarion orders.

"Must I detail it again? We are here to occupy this stronghold. We mean to take it for our own, as it is no longer inhabited and no longer needed. How the mighty hath fallen..."

"I follow the highest moral code, miss. I fight for justice, to protect the innocent, to raise the faithful over the guilty. I stand against the tide, never faltering, a loyal ally, a watchful protector. A whight knight."

"What are you called, you Human? Excuse my manner. I am startled by your appearance."

Eldarion

Horst lowers his bow, and puts his arrow back in its quiver. "Hey, it's another girl, why is it always the girls sneaking around?", says Horst jokingly, "There's a bloody good reason we're here, and it's exactly what the angel guy said... I'll be in the barracks..."

Horst wanders off to the barracks and opens the door looking inside, he searches the area for anything interesting.

I've got 10 minutes, taking 20 takes 2 minutes. I'll take 20

Search: 23

Sarom
2010-05-27, 03:27 AM
Assassin King:

You find no traps or anything out of the ordinary at the entrance of the keep.

Eldarion:

You detect no magic at all within the vicinity or outside.
Furion sees no-one else near the vicinity, no traps, no supplies. Nothing except for a few tables, chairs and bunks.
In the keep, though Furion sees what seems to be a lever for the portcullis, but maintenance is clearly needed.

Horst

In one of the barracks he finds only furniture and a few rotten cuttlery. He sees a half-painting of what seems to be the symbol of the human colonisation. A flagpole lies on the ground.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-27, 04:07 AM
Seeing that neither Eldarion nor Horst considers the human to be a threat, Critias replaces his arrow in his quiver and puts away his bow.

Without any orders or requests to carry out, Critias simply stands, watching the verbal exchanges with mild interest. He considers going to assist Horst, but he does not move, in case Eldarion needs him present.

"He didn't get me to do anything yet, so I assume I'm needed for something else..." Critias thinks.

Checks 'cause I'm bored
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Sarom
2010-05-27, 04:39 AM
Critias

You see nothing that interests you.

AssassinKing
2010-05-27, 12:06 PM
Hope sighsLook. I can tell that I am bothering you and you are bothering me so let me look for treasure and you can waste time in this poor excuse of a fort. She looks at Critias.Are you alright sir? You kind of look lost. If you want to help you can come. Whispers at Eldarion. "Is he ok? Does he need special help? Poor fella I kinda almost feel bad for him. Shame on you for not helping him."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-27, 06:43 PM
"You go too far, Human. I repeat my ultimatum. The treasure here is yours, but you do not leave this place unless you fight by our side." Eldarion speaks.

He draws back into a combat stance. He motions for Criteas to follow.

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-05-27, 07:26 PM
Why should I join you when I don't know what you're doing? Also how much will you pay me to join you? Look just let me get the treasure if there is any then we can do you're all high and mightyness. Hope opens the door to look around.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-27, 07:31 PM
At Eldarion's signal, Critias draws his sword and shield and stands ready for combat.

"This person is good at testing people's patience..." Critias thinks, trying to keep his temper in check.

AssassinKing
2010-05-27, 09:07 PM
Very well then. I see you are really down to business so just let me know what's goin on and I can help you with what ever you are doing. Hope starts getting out of the keep. She is obviously starting to take this seriously.

Samm
2010-05-27, 11:23 PM
Horst comes out of the barracks, having found nothing really of interest, "Hey guys, didn't really find anything interesting in there..."

Horst upon noticing the confrontation between Eldarion and Hope, "Wait... Here's the thing, we can't let news of what we're doing get out, and we wouldn't mind your help in completing a deed. You'll be rewarded handily..."

Upon hearing Hope's reply, Horst says, "Well, you see we're hunting a powerful mind flayer - a necromancer, who's been killing SPO patrols - know anything about him?"

AssassinKing
2010-05-28, 01:44 AM
Hope looks at Horst.The reward sounds nice. This mind thingy sounds evil and I have heard of the SPO, I don't understand why the mind thingy would attack them. How long did you guys plan on staying here cause this place needs cleaning up. We also need to make it the best place ever if we are going to stay in this dump, I mean seriously I have seen latrines that look better than this. She looks back at Eldarion. Let's just pretend this bickering never happened. She has a slight smile as if nothing happened.

Samm
2010-05-28, 02:42 AM
"Yeah sure, I'm fine with that, I'm not exactly sure where we'll stay tonight, it's rather late, and I can't really clean the area up very well at the moment... The barracks I looked at is rather squalid, a bit of furniture, but that's about it."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-28, 02:51 AM
Eldarion looks at Horst with sadness.

"Your trust in life is enviable, yet leads me to dissapointment. Now I have no choice but to slay this Female if she would not join us."

Eldarion looks at her. Invisible wingbeats buffet the girl, and Eldarion stands at his tallest, incredibly handsome face marred with indecision.

"I will accept your company. I forgive you, young one. Ioun bless you." He says, going ahead to help her.

"Your name, Human."

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-28, 03:54 AM
Critias senses that there will not be any more hostility between the human and Eldarion...at least for the time being. He replaces his sword and shield back in their respective places, and relaxes. However, he still does not feel like saying anything, so he just paces around in silence, observing the fort's interior some more.

Samm
2010-05-28, 05:20 AM
"Right... So we're all okay with each other now?".

Horst steps over to Hope, and says something quietly in her ear, "Don't worry about the angel guy, he's very self-righteous, arrogant, and has a really annoying attitude to everyone around him. He think's he's above everyone else."

AssassinKing
2010-05-28, 11:07 AM
Hope whispers back.I can tell. Hope looks at Eldarion.My name is Hope.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-28, 07:53 PM
Eldarion knows exactly what Horst is saying, his hearing sufficient. He declines to comment, merely bottling up the guilt. It is his nature to treat mortals with less respect, and only by continued mortal life is this being alleviated.

" Good fortune, Hope. I be your loyal ally; perhaps friend as well. " he touches Hope's brow, Blessing her with his supernatural power.

"Take the blessing of Ioun to your heart, so you will know thyself." Eldarion murmurs. Furion flies away, searching the open rooms and opening doors with his talons. Eldarion smiles and turns to the others, expecting a report.

Take 20 with furion, achieving a result of 40 for spot.

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-28, 08:30 PM
Eldarion:
Furion searches the whole fort, seeing nothing that could pose a threat. He sees a few trapdoors, rooms, furniture but nothing else. Some litter is scattered on the ground but it seems all belongings that can be taken, when the place was abandoned, was taken.

Samm
2010-05-28, 08:41 PM
Horst chuckles. He asks Eldarion, "So Eldarion, did Furion spot anything of interest? And where should we stay the night? I say indoors somewhere... possibly the barracks, or the fort itself..."

Cadian 9th
2010-05-28, 09:08 PM
"Empty, I can see. We are sure this place was abandoned in no small way - everything that could be taken, was taken. This place is as empty as the Library of Ki'Orion..." Eldarion says.

" You three should rest in the fort itself. I will restore this place to adequacy, then establish my study. Have we any preference to rooms? " Eldarion asks.

Eldarion.

Samm
2010-05-28, 11:38 PM
"Right, I guess I'll stay there then."

Horst, sets up his bedroll in a small sheltered room. He briefly thinks about lighting a fire, but then thinks otherwise, because it may attract too much attention.

jumpywinghim
2010-05-29, 08:04 AM
Not because he dislikes Hope, but because he truly does not have anything to say, Critias still maintains the count of zero words spoken in front of the new addition to the group. He also secretly would like to see how Hope reacts to this apparent vow of silence.

Wordlessly, Critias simply holes up in a corner, taking out his bedroll and placing it at a right angle to one of the corner walls. He deposits his items at the end of the bedroll. Laying down on it, he puts his sword and shield next to him and places his hands on them, in a position convenient enough for him to use them at a moment's notice.

"Here's hoping I don't roll over..." Critias thinks vaguely, closing his eyes.

Samm
2010-05-29, 08:53 AM
He waters Rex and gives him some dried meat to chew on. "Don't worry Rex, I'll get you something better tomorrow, I'll go out and hunt." Horst lies down on his bedroll, in his chain shirt. He places his sword sheathed on the ground within reach, he does the same to his bow as well. "Just in case...", he thinks. Horst has a think about what he may be able to hunt in this area, despite it being surrounded by farmland (if it actually is...).

knowledge nature: [roll0]
survival: [roll1]

He then drifts off to sleep.

Cadian 9th
2010-05-29, 08:47 PM
" Hope, you should rest. " Eldarion says, silencing Hope before she can speak.

Eldarion leaves the area, then starts to search the place, cleaning away debris and restoring the area, ever vigilant. He summons the Unseen Servant to assist. Furion continues scouting.

He attempts to reinforce the doors, first casting a spell of Alarm on the door.

Take 20 on search checks: 28
Take 20 on Spot checks: 25
Furion Take 20 on spot: 42

Eldarion

Sarom
2010-05-29, 08:59 PM
Horst:
You know that, although there are mostly farmlands in this area, there must be some wild animals; that might steal from the farms for food. Such animals you know, are a few rabbits and deers.

Eldarion:
You and Furion find nothing out of interest except the same from before. Rubble, rubbish and abandoned furniture is all you see. Any in-built features of the castle, like the trapdoors, secret servants passages are all there but in bad condition. Any underground passages seem to be in top condition showing no signs of collapsing.

Outside you notice a well in the middle of the Fort, worn down by wind and covered in dust.

Sarom
2010-05-30, 03:15 AM
The sun rises the next day. You all wake up from your slumber in the Fort, from the warmth of the sun.

Eldarion; having worked for that whole night fixing the Fort has done a marvelous Job, managing to fix over seventy-five percent of the Fort, bringing them back to top condition possible for his level. Only the walls need a few touches here and there.

All the debris are gone and everything looks civilised again.

Samm
2010-05-30, 06:41 AM
Horst wakes up and stretches. He takes a look around the fort, inspecting Eldarion's work. Horst is pleased at the progress Eldarion has made in cleaning up the fort. He returns to his bedroll and eats a breakfast of dried bread, meat and vegetables. As he eats, he thinks, "Hmm... hard, dry, chewy and bland... It'll have to do for now. Eldarion has done a pretty good job of cleaning up the fort..."

Horst wanders into Eldarion's room, "Nice job cleaning up the place. I was wondering about going out for a hunt, you know, a deer or rabbit for dinner or something, I'm wondering if that's okay with you. At the moment, I'm slightly worried about attracting attention with this hunt, but I doubt it."

jumpywinghim
2010-05-30, 08:33 AM
Although he wakes, Critias stays in his bedroll for a few minutes, basking in the warmth. Then, getting up, he yawns widely, stretching and loosening his muscles in preparation for the day's physical tasks. He is about to speak, but then stops himself, remembering the record of silence he still holds.

"Bah, nevermind, it was entertaining at the time, but now..." Critias thinks to himself.

He retrieves his items and equipment, eating some (rather tasteless) breakfast before being fully ready for the day ahead.

Seeking out the others, he bades everyone a good morning, this being his first words in front of Hope. When he finds Eldarion, he also compliments him on the excellent job he has done on the fort.

Overhearing Horst's request for permission to hunt, Critias' animal side kicks in, and he finds himself wanting to accompany his friend in the activity. However, he acknowledges that he wouldn't be a very stealthy hunter, so he does not speak up. Instead, he says...

"Some fresh meat would be great. Please allow Horst to go, Eldarion. Horst, catch us big one!"

The following was all done via DSi. Impressive, eh? And YES I know it's quite late again, don't tell anyone =P

Cadian 9th
2010-05-31, 01:25 AM
Eldarion believes Horst and Criteas able to look after themselves. He glances over to Hope, who is still sleeping.

"You needn't ask my permission for things like that, of course, feel free. I apologise for my manner if it seems prescriptive towards you both. Eldarion says, slightly guiltily.

"But Hope stays - she is still asleep, yet I still don't trust her enough. Besides, I must prepare her. You have all started reading the material I provided, hrmmm?" Eldarion asks.

Spells:
0: Daze
1: Invisibility, Alter Self, Unseen Servant
2: Bulls Strength, Seeking ray, Kelgore's fire bolt, Fists of Stone
Several slots free.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-05-31, 03:58 AM
"You needn't ask my permission for things like that, of course, feel free. I apologise for my manner if it seems prescriptive towards you both. Eldarion says, slightly guiltily.

"It's alright, Eldarion," Critias assures his friend, "I know you're not trying to be that way."

"You have all started reading the material I provided, hrmmm?" Eldarion asks.

"But of course not," Critias replies, "We hadn't yet found the time to. However, if there's nothing too important for us to do as of yet, I think now might be a good time to read that tome you gave me..."

Critias goes to a spacious part of the fort and takes out the Tome of Battle, placing it on the ground. Unsheathing his sword, he flips through the pages of the book, looking for some interesting combat techniques to try out. Having found something to his liking, Critias stands in the appropriate ready position. He begins his training...

Samm
2010-05-31, 05:22 AM
"Don't worry, it's okay", says Horst then under his breath, he continues, "for the moment."

Horst then replies to Eldarion, "I haven't started An Outsider's Guide to humans yet, you know, I'm slightly busy... I'll go out hunting the visibility's about right..."

Okay, I'm assuming that I can take 10 on my survival check. So, that brings the survival check result to 19, that means I should be able to, according to the PHB:
"Get along in the wild. Move up to one-half your
overland speed while hunting and foraging (no food
or water supplies needed). You can provide food and
water for one other person for every 2 points by which
your check result exceeds 10."

So, I should be able to provide for 4 other people (and the extra 1 will provide for Rex, if that's okay with you). If you're not okay with me taking ten on this check, here's the roll:

Survival: [roll0]

AssassinKing
2010-06-01, 11:24 AM
Hope finally wakes up. "What the hell am I going to do now? They aren't going to let me go so I guess I might as well stick with them. Maybe they will really need my help." She thinks to herself about this situation. Hope goes to find Eldarion.I think I might try to make traps just in case any enemies come to this location or even for deadly predators, that is if you don't mind. she rubs her eyes and yawns.

Sarom
2010-06-01, 08:21 PM
Horst:
I'm using a new system for hunting. In a way it's better than the current version. So long as you get a kill though you can provide for the whole group. Sometimes for days sometimes for only lunch. It depends on the survival rolls and luck.

You can take 10 or you can take 20 or you can roll. I'll tell you more PM if you want me to explain this system.

Horst manages to kill a deer and Rex catches a rabbit, holding it in his mouth. They come back within four hours of leaving the fort.

EXP (for various reasons):
Horst:

100 for the hunt

Eldarion:

200 for fixing the Fort and spotting Hope

Critias:

50 for daily training

Hope:

50 scaling the wall and gaining info to this place (technically)

Cadian 9th
2010-06-01, 08:24 PM
"You and I think alike, Hope. I've already restored sections and brought up magical defences on some areas, though you could help me test the defences and double trap this area." Eldarion speaks, rising from prayer for guidance to Ioun, for spells as well.

" I also have some books for you to read, so We will get to that soon. Everyday we delay, Evil takes further root. " Eldarion orates.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-06-02, 12:37 AM
Horst returns triumphant. With a deer across his back and rabbit in his hand, he walks back into the fort. With a grin, he lays them down inside. "Looks like we've got lunch guys! Now the question is, how do we want to cook this thing? I can roast them on a spit if you want, but other than that, I don't really know what to do... "

AssassinKing
2010-06-02, 01:37 AM
"You and I think alike, Hope. I've already restored sections and brought up magical defences on some areas, though you could help me test the defences and double trap this area." Eldarion speaks, rising from prayer for guidance to Ioun, for spells as well.

" I also have some books for you to read, so We will get to that soon. Everyday we delay, Evil takes further root. " Eldarion orates.

Eldarion

Hope opens the books. Oh wow, ummmm. This is kind of embarrassing but I don't know how to read. she gives the books back.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-02, 01:54 AM
Eldarion stops and stands, a little shocked.

"This is something I am unacustomed too. This will not do, Ioun..." Eldarion murmurs. He snaps and looks to Hope.

" If reading is something you have not learnt, I am curious to know something... You are intelligent, I can tell, yet you cannot read? " Eldarion asks.

In his mind, Eldarion considers the possibility that Hope is merely pretending to be unable to read so she would not have to read such a vital tome of knowledge, as such younglings are. He remembers when Horst tried the same trick on him several years ago, when they met.

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-06-02, 02:24 AM
She closes her eyesI was born and raised in a little city that got very limited education and I haven't taken the time to learn how to read after I had left. All the skills that I have are from training myself to survive. Hope opens her eyes and walks over to Horst to help him out.

Samm
2010-06-02, 04:04 AM
Horst proceeds to gut the rabbit and the deer. "Anyone want to eat the guts?" He then travels out to find a suitable spit, he looks for a long thin stick that's relatively strong.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-02, 04:13 AM
" Show some respect to that animal, Horst. It died for you, so that you could live. Never forget that. " Eldarion says in a passing comment, before resuming writing at his desk. Every now and then an unseen servant would move around the group, carrying various bits of debris or even a featherduster.

" And Hope, you may be availed of your inability to experience the literary world. I am devising a spell for you to learn to read at an extraordinary rate. When you are done, perhaps this evening, I will begin. Until then, leave me. I am still unacustomed to disturbances in my new study... " Eldarion sighs.

Turning a page, he begins writing in flowing script. With a glance, he clicks his fingers, and an invisible servant rushes in with a pile of parchment and a new quill.

Eldarion stands, frustrated by the desk's placement, then shifts the entire desk, using his great strength to move it into a better position. Furion screeches in and lands on his shoulder.

They converse for a few moments. Furion glows brightly.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-06-02, 05:20 AM
" Show some respect to that animal, Horst. It died for you, so that you could live. Never forget that. " Eldarion says in a passing comment, before resuming writing at his desk. Every now and then an unseen servant would move around the group, carrying various bits of debris or even a featherduster.

Horst replies, "Yeah, wastage is disrespect... If anyone wants to eat the guts, their more than welcome, heck I'll do it."

jumpywinghim
2010-06-02, 08:19 AM
Concluding his training with a flourish of his sword, Critias sheathes the weapon. Panting, he stands still for a moment, closing his eyes and looking skywards, drawing in deep breaths and calming himself down. Having regained his breath, he opens his eyes and goes to retrieve the Tome of Battle, replacing it in his backpack.

Seeing Horst return with the "fresh meat" he so desires, Critias eagerly jogs up to him. As Horst says his last sentence about the guts, Critias holds out his hand for them.

"I'll have them, if you please, Horst." Critias says, a note of eagerness in his voice. "Thanks to my heritage, I find raw meat to be quite an appealing meal, whereas for most it would be repulsive. Yes, even if the food is guts, I'll still willingly consume it."

Critias smiles slightly, thankful for having the open opinion that he has towards what would be defined as "food".

"Ah, hold on." Critias says, now hesitating. "I will not, however, consume feces, so if we could just make sure those intestines are clean..."

Critias adds one more thing, "Obviously, it's of no concern to me as to whether my food is cooked or not."

Sarom
2010-06-03, 02:50 AM
Eldarion:

You look around the fort, taking in the damage. From the look of things, there have been many fights. How the were conducted, you don't know. The use of seige weapons are definitely shown on the damaged buildings and walls.

Samm
2010-06-03, 03:24 AM
"Yeah thanks... I'll leave the intestines out... I'm not quite good enough to clean them out..."

Horst starts to gut the deer and the rabbit. It's fairly gruesome work, grimacing he takes out his dagger and starts cutting. After gutting the animals he hands the guts to Criteas. "Cooked or uncooked?" he asks.

Horst then puts the animals on a spit and builds a fire. Horst stops just short of lighting it, concerned about attracting attention with the smoke he'll produce. He thinks, "Where there's smoke there's fire - someone will notice it..."

He runs over to Eldarion, "If I build a fire, and light it, there'll be smoke. Should I do it indoors instead? Or can you obscure it with your magic or something?"

jumpywinghim
2010-06-03, 03:42 AM
Critias gratefully accepts the raw meat.

"I'm hungry now, so I'll just have that uncooked. Thanks, Horst."

Critias devours the guts with incredible speed. One second they're there, the next, they have been swallowed almost whole. Critias sighs with satisfaction.

"Ahh, thats a little better. Only a little though. How long is it going to take to cook that?" asks Critias, pointing at the raw, gutted carcasses. "If it's any more than five minutes, then could you please just cut off my portion? I'll take that raw, too."[/

Samm
2010-06-03, 03:45 AM
Critias gratefully accepts the raw meat.

"I'm hungry now, so I'll just have that uncooked. Thanks, Horst."

Critias devours the guts with incredible speed. One second they're there, the next, they have been swallowed almost whole. Critias sighs with satisfaction.

"Ahh, thats a little better. Only a little though. How long is it going to take to cook that?" asks Critias, pointing at the raw, gutted carcasses. "If it's any more than five minutes, then could you please just cut off my portion? I'll take that raw, too."[/

"So... You've had the stomach, the kidneys, the liver, the heart, the lungs, the brain and you're still starving? Okay, well I'm going to give you a portion then."

Horst immediately cuts out a portion from the deer that's currently roasting on the spit.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 03:54 AM
Eldarion sighs.

Striding over to were the spit is, he runs his eyes over the scene. In an instant, he clicks his fingers, causing the meat to burst into flame, for a moment, then return, delicous, steaming and wholly edible.

" Perhaps next time I will cook it slower, but for now that should be sufficient. Take some to Hope when she wakes, I want us doing combat training this morning. We need to understand how to fight as a group." Eldarion says.

Looking over to Criteas' bag, Eldarion smiles.

" I see you have started reading the Tome of Battle, Criteas. It is a useful book, no? " And with that, Eldarion leaves, returns to his study and continues scribing his scrolls. To the observer, one can see the open pages of the book ruffle with Eldritch energy as Eldarion uses ink and words of power to store his power in the fine pages.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-03, 04:18 AM
As the food bursts into wonderful aromas as well as flame, Critias begins to water at the mouth.

"I could devour all of that..." Critias thinks, "But of course, Horst and Hope need to eat..."

Looking over to Criteas' bag, Eldarion smiles.

" I see you have started reading the Tome of Battle, Criteas. It is a useful book, no? "

"Indeed it is, Eldarion." Critias replies, wiping his mouth. "It shall keep me busy during my free time, I'm sure."

AssassinKing
2010-06-03, 05:35 PM
I suppose reading wouldn't be too bad. Maybe I should see if I can get more information in town about this destination we are going to. Hope starts packing her equipment and starts going towards the closest town.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 06:38 PM
Eldarion pulls aside Horst.
"From now on, you do not hunt more than half an hour from here. Understand. Have you no sense of preservation? You are so "careful" all for dishonour rather than standing for duty, yet so willing to risk being seen and attacked, or worse. I give you a mount, and you act with stupidty. My - " Eldarion stops, suddenly. His face contorts into intense concentration and anger.

Furion flies over and grabs Hope's bag in his claws. Eldarion rushes out and prepares a spell.

" Halt ! Stop. You do not leave. " Eldarion challenges.

Eldarion

AssassinKing
2010-06-03, 09:32 PM
You can not tell me what to do. It is boring here and you are really uptight Mr. Grumpy Gills. You are being over cautious, noone would guess that I am working with you. So if would, just let me go or I will have to do something about it. Hope puts her hand on the hilt of the dagger getting ready to draw it if necesary.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-03, 10:41 PM
Observing the exchange between Eldarion and Hope and seeing Hope's threat, Critias loosens his sword from the scabbard and holds the handle, ready to draw it if the need arose. He growls a warning to Hope.

Samm
2010-06-04, 12:44 AM
Horst is impressed by the newly cooked food, he immediately starts eating. Between mouthfuls he says, "Of course... I'm all for practicing fighting..."

Eldarion pulls aside Horst.
"From now on, you do not hunt more than half an hour from here. Understand. Have you no sense of preservation? You are so "careful" all for dishonour rather than standing for duty, yet so willing to risk being seen and attacked, or worse. I give you a mount, and you act with stupidty. My - " Eldarion stops, suddenly. His face contorts into intense concentration and anger.

Horst retorts, angered by Eldarion's lack of trust in him."Hey, if the deer and the rabbits can't find me, I doubt anyone else will. It was dawn, and honestly visiblity was poor. Additionally, I honestly didn't travel that far most of the time was waiting, and hiding and then ambushing. Besides, it sharpens my skills."

Horst notices the confrontation between Hope and Eldarion. Obviously angered he yells, "Gosh! What the hell is wrong with everyone?! Why can't we just stay here?! Why can't we just not be immature arrogant bastards?!", glaring at Hope and Eldarion.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 01:52 AM
Eldarion seems to radiate an aura of benevolence as he stops, tense and ready. Confronted with the young girl, Eldarion speaks with calm and clarity.

" Yes, Hope. You are correct. No-one would know you are our friend. Yet you know. And that is all that matters. " Eldarion pauses, looking to the sky for a moment.

" Suppose my caution is justified. Suppose, for a while that my power is quite sufficient. I suppose I do not need to elaborate on that. Now, supposing all this, ask yourself, Hope. Why would I be so cautious? I was the one who attacked the Guardians of Vecna's vault. I was the one who stood by and defeated the Great Lich - Surely I have little to fear! "

" All of you. Keep that question in your mind. "

Eldarion, who had been standing in a neutral posture, turns upon his heel, striding back to the Castle. Furion screeches a warning at Hope, then lands upon his hand.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-04, 08:29 AM
As Eldarion walks away, Critias also walks...towards the food. Sitting near the spit, he grabs his portion of the cooked meat and eats...slowly, for once. Critias savours every small bite that he takes.

"Meat, glorious meat, wonderful MEAT..." for now, Critias' mind is filled with thoughts of only the meal in front of him.

"You brought back some excellent catches, Horst!" Critias says, after swallowing one of his many small, savoury bites.

After finishing, he sits back, full and content.
"I think I shall do some light training now. That tome is very useful..." says Critias, to no one in particular. Right now, with a belly full of good food, he wouldn't care if he was talking to the evil dragon goddess Tiamat herself.

Critias stands and sets everything up, opening the Tome of Battle at an easier exercise. He resumes training. As he trains, he thinks.

"For all the power he has, even Eldarion has his limits. This Mindflayer...what are its limits, I wonder..."

AssassinKing
2010-06-04, 02:49 PM
Hope goes to the top of the wall to look at the view outside the fortress. In a quieter tone If you touch me again, I will shove my boot right up your ass. So we will find out how cautious you really are. Maybe I shouldn't be with these guy. It seems they don't trust me with anything and I don't think they ever will, I should stay so I don't die to anything that is even more dangerous. I'm not even sure why they need me though, what ever they are going to fight it must be really powerful. How could these things help us in defeating the what ever it is they are going to kill? There is something they aren't telling, there just has to be.

Samm
2010-06-04, 07:08 PM
Horst finishes the meal, and cuts a portion for Rex. He then decides to start reading "An Outsider's Guide to Humans." Not particularly interested, after a few minutes, he places the book down. He thinks to himself, "How long will we wait... Until we get on the road and kill this mind-flayer?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 08:03 PM
The hour of noon draws clear: Eldarion arrives in the courtyard, calling the others. He has spent the prievous hour creating a training exercise that will asses the groups tactics and get their trust to higher levels. Hopefully it will yield some experience to all of the party, Eldarion thinks in an instant.

" Friends. I trust we are all ready for the training exercise? In the interest of individual expresion I would ask for a report on your combat ability. This exercise will train us as a party - hopefully increase our trust in one another. "

Furion lands on Eldarions shoulder. The hawk fixes a celestial eye upon Hope, watching her, like, well, a Hawk - but the expression is friendly. It is apparent now to Hope that Furion is an intelligent being, not merely an animal.

DM ONLY

That means DM only.

Okay, so I've been walking round the castle, setting up traps and getting ready to cast Summon spells in scrolls. I've told the Unseen servants to place the traps in places on the advice of several summoned stone elementals which have been boosted to int 8 with Fox's cunning. (3 castings, 6 traps)

Each Unseen servant will be working with furion (as furion can activate my scrolls via UMD, with a +6 circumstance bonus due to the fact he is my famaliar) so taking 10 for auto succed.

Scrolls to be activated:
Summon Monster II x3
SM II x3
SM II x3
Wall of Gloom
Wall of Gloom
Darkness
Fog Cloud

And there are 4 CR 1 traps to be brought around.
I have also blindly casted Leomunds' Trap 3 times, forcing myself to not know where they are.

The objective is to get to the study. You may do as you will with all creatures and traps, though one fog cloud must go with a monster summon.

In terms of my spells:
0: Daze
1: Invisibility, Alter Self, True Strike, Power Word Fatigue
2: Bulls Strength, Seeking ray, Kelgore's fire bolt, Fists of Stone, Animilastic Power

Have fun! :smallbiggrin:

Furion flies off, into the castle. Eldarion stands, waiting.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-04, 08:36 PM
Hearing Eldarion's call, Critias quickly packs up the Tome of Battle and goes to his friend's location, sheathing his sword as he walks.

When everyone has gathered, Critias decides to start things off, for once.

"Well...I'm strong. I'm durable. So, I usually act like a shield...with spikes."

Samm
2010-06-04, 09:10 PM
In response to Eldarion's call for the training excerise, he yells, "Yes" and comes running.

He runs over and when everyone's gathered, he says, "I'm the guy concerned with stuffing our enemies with arrows. Also, I've got a big sword..." as he motions to his Greatsword and Longbow.

AssassinKing
2010-06-04, 09:57 PM
Hope kicks the dirt when she gets down from the wall walks towards the group without saying anything. She sits down by the group and starts messing with one of her daggers.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 10:04 PM
Eldarion smiles, and nods at everyone in turn. When he looks at Hope, he places a hand across his breast in respect.

" I have set events in motion that make this castle in which we rest an area not unlike a fortress. It has traps, it has guards, it has wards, it has magical barriers and locked doors. Our objective is to reach my study. "

Eldarion grips the Blade of Arcana in an offensive fashion, the blade glows with arcane power as Eldarion's fists burst into nimbuses of eldritch energy. Twirling the blade, he unleashes a burst of arcane energy at the door, forcing the doors open.

" Who's first? " He says, in humour.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-06, 12:43 AM
"We want to build trust and test our teamwork, correct?" Critias inquires. "After all, you said it was our objective to reach the study. If that is the case, then I am sure we each have our own roles to play in this course you've set up. Well then, the first thing that should happen is we have our trapfinders and magic detectors do their thing first. Unfortunatly, I do not fall into those categories...however, I'm sure my turn will come when there is some heavy-hitting to do."

Samm
2010-06-06, 01:40 AM
Horst thinks of a plan, "Right, I say Hope first, and I'll cover her with my bow. Eldarion you detect magic, and Critias, you open the door, and Hope, you head through. I'll have my bow drawn, arrows at the ready for danger, and I'll follow in after you. How does this sound guys?"

AssassinKing
2010-06-06, 01:47 AM
Is this really the situation that ladies go first?:smalleek: I guess it is best that we don't die to some evil bolt throwing thingies.

[roll0] if I need to do the roll.

Samm
2010-06-06, 01:55 AM
"You're the one who finds traps right? You go first., says Horst resolutely, "Critias will open the door, while I have an arrow ready, if anything needs shooting, I'll shoot it and after all the enemies are killed, you look around for traps and we follow you."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 02:07 AM
Eldarion watches Horst with bemusement, impressed to see the Initiative. About to praise Horst, he thins otherwise, knowing that it will insence Horst.

" Your plan is sound, Horst, though I will go in after Hope. Criteas should come next to me, we can both weather an attack. " He says.

" Who wants buffs? " He asks, in his combat voice.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-06, 07:52 AM
"If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I will be glad to accept some buffs." Critias says. "If I am to weather attacks, then I may as well be more prepared for them."

He takes up his shield and draws his sword. Critias is now ready for battle.

Guys, I'm actually NOT ready, I haven't checked my e-mail for the maps yet. I'll check it when I get home tomorrow.

Sarom
2010-06-06, 10:13 PM
Hope finds no traps near or on the entrance to the keep.

AssassinKing
2010-06-06, 10:53 PM
It is clear that Hope is trying to take her time and doing this as perfectly as she can.[roll0] for open lock if the door is locked

Samm
2010-06-07, 01:50 AM
"Eladarion, I'd gladly accept something that allows me to shoot better..." Horst then readies his bow and follows hope, ready to draw it, if he sees anything hostile.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 02:12 AM
Eldarion advances foward, right behind criteas. He nods at Horst...
" I haven't got anything specfically for that, exluding stored form, which we aren't using today. I can grant you strength... "

With that, Eldarion looks at Criteas, speaking a word of celestial and touching the draconic fighter. Eldritch energies wreath Criteas' arms, strengthening them, then solidifying them - His hands are now made of flexible stone.

" And you, Hope, a boon - The power of vanishing, though for now I merely am ready to cast. " He says.

Okay, so Fists of Stone on Criteas
Readied action, cast Invis on Hope should we encounter enemies straight away.
Waiting on Horst's answer.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-06-07, 02:24 AM
"Right, save the strength for Critias, he'll probably need it more." Horst replies still looking forward, following Hope. "Wait, don't make her invisible, we won't be able to see her, won't we?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 02:43 AM
Eldarion laughs, amused.
" Yes, If I cast a spell of Invisibilty on Hope, we wouldn't be able to see her, except me. And, no, I can't replace spell on Criteas, we'll see what happens. " He says, watching Hope as she checks for traps.

Eldarion

Samm
2010-06-07, 02:53 AM
Eldarion laughs, amused.
" Yes, If I cast a spell of Invisibilty on Hope, we wouldn't be able to see her, except me. And, no, I can't replace spell on Criteas, we'll see what happens. " He says, watching Hope as she checks for traps.

Eldarion

"If I can't see her, then I can't cover her easily. So, don't."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 04:17 AM
" Okay, Horst. I can think for myself... Sorry. Let's go. " Eldarion says.

Eldarion

jumpywinghim
2010-06-07, 04:28 AM
Feeling the power Eldarion has bestowed on him, Critias replaces his shield on his back and flexes his shield hand; the left. Satisfied with this improvement to his already great strength, Critias says his thanks to Eldarion.

"An excellent choice of buff, Eldarion. This suits me well. My enemies shall be stoned before me!" Critias says heartily.

As Eldarion places himself behind him, Critias braces himself to enter, reactions sharp, once Hope finishes her checking. He now observes Hope's actions.

"Well, we're not in any particular hurry so it is wise to be as careful as we can be." Critias thinks, as Hope takes her time.

Critias plans to utilise his strengthened left hand, evident by how he has neglected to take up his shield again.

AssassinKing
2010-06-07, 09:11 PM
Sorry it's taking a little while but I always take my time while doing this kind of work. Hope is constantly checkin walls, the floor, and every direction and even looking it over twice. (probably the most concentration you have ever seen by a human.)

Sarom
2010-06-07, 09:39 PM
Sorry it's taking a little while but I always take my time while doing this kind of work. Hope is constantly checkin walls, the floor, and every direction and even looking it over twice. (probably the most concentration you have ever seen by a human.)

DM note: A few search or spot rolls would be required for that Assassin King.

AssassinKing
2010-06-07, 09:52 PM
[roll0] Sorry, I'm just really tired and can't really think today.

Sarom
2010-06-08, 01:05 AM
[roll0] Sorry, I'm just really tired and can't really think today.

You find no traps in this whole room. (btw there are doors to the staircase =P I forgot to draw that in the map)

Samm
2010-06-08, 02:52 AM
"So, Hope, have you found us any traps yet?", says Horst inquisitively, "If this room is clear, lets go up the stairs. Hope, you try the door, and I'll cover you. After the door's open, you guys can move through, and I'll cover you. Okay?"

jumpywinghim
2010-06-08, 03:50 AM
Critias considers the tactic.

"Hmm...sounds good enough." he says thoughtfully, "However, we could consider allowing me to enter first. I can take a hit. Many hits...but, if we feel that Hope can dodge any initial danger, then let's proceed. Please don't misunderstand, Hope. I just like to keep everyone else safe."

Samm
2010-06-08, 03:53 AM
Critias considers the tactic.

"Hmm...sounds good enough." he says thoughtfully, "However, we could consider allowing me to enter first. I can take a hit. Many hits...but, if we feel that Hope can dodge any initial danger, then let's proceed."

"Well, you'll be first through, she won't she'll just try the door and open it."

jumpywinghim
2010-06-08, 07:01 AM
"Well, you'll be first through, she won't she'll just try the door and open it."

Critias nods and prepares himself for the danger that may lie ahead.

"Ready when you are, Hope."

AssassinKing
2010-06-08, 11:42 AM
I am not finding any traps, and if we do go through doors I think Criteas should go first after I check the door. After she decides to stop looking for traps in the area, she goes to the next door and check.

[roll0]

Sarom
2010-06-08, 07:49 PM
I am not finding any traps, and if we do go through doors I think Criteas should go first after I check the door. After she decides to stop looking for traps in the area, she goes to the next door and check.

[roll0]

You discover that the door is locked and traces of a trap which lies behind it. Obvoiusly, from what you see, the trap will trigger when the door is open. You cannot although discover what the trap may be.

The other door is also locked but you find no traps or traces of traps there.

AssassinKing
2010-06-09, 11:01 AM
There is a trap behind this door I believe and it will go off if we open it, and the other door seems to be just fine. The problem with this door is I can't figure out what kind of trap it is.

[roll0] for disable device.

Sarom
2010-06-09, 06:00 PM
There is a trap behind this door I believe and it will go off if we open it, and the other door seems to be just fine. The problem with this door is I can't figure out what kind of trap it is.

[roll0] for disable device.

You attempt to disable the trap, succeeding when you here a few clicks behind the door. You also hear a little creak, as it is slowly resetting itself.

From what you can tell, only one person would be able to pass through the trap unharmed before the trap would be active again.

AssassinKing
2010-06-09, 11:39 PM
I don't think I have seen anything like this. It seems the trap resets itself after only a few seconds. So if we all want to go throught, we will have to go in one at a time and very quickly. While you figure out which order everyone is goin through, I would like to examine how the device works. I don't know what kind of check it would be to examine the design.

Sarom
2010-06-10, 12:31 AM
I don't think I have seen anything like this. It seems the trap resets itself after only a few seconds. So if we all want to go throught, we will have to go in one at a time and very quickly. While you figure out which order everyone is goin through, I would like to examine how the device works. I don't know what kind of check it would be to examine the design.

DM note: @Dante; don't get all gitty about this, I didn't made this trap up but I'm going by the trap rules.

@AssassinKing; I'm not too sure myself but I'll allow a general Knowledge check of just 1d20+ ini mod.

Samm
2010-06-10, 03:31 AM

"You said there aren't any traps on the other door... We could try that, but that's probably trapped, why would they only trap one door?"

I'm assuming that these are the doors to the staircases. Am I correct?

AssassinKing
2010-06-10, 12:14 PM
Right... Sorry I just got so interested in this trap. Do you want me to check the other door again?[roll0]

Sarom
2010-06-10, 04:26 PM
Right... Sorry I just got so interested in this trap. Do you want me to check the other door again?[roll0]

You still find no traps.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 01:29 AM
Eldarion waves the others on, saying " Hope, I cast the spell for that trap, I can do it again. The way is open, no? "

Casting Detect magic...

Sarom
2010-06-11, 03:35 AM
Eldarion waves the others on, saying " Hope, I cast the spell for that trap, I can do it again. The way is open, no? "

Casting Detect magic...

You detect traces of two spells in the area around the door. You are not sure what type of spells they are yet.

Samm
2010-06-11, 04:29 AM

"I have no idea why you of all people would trap one door and leave the other trap free... It doesn't sound like you, it feels like a bluff..."

Sarom
2010-06-11, 05:08 AM
"I have no idea why you of all people would trap one door and leave the other trap free... It doesn't sound like you, it feels like a bluff..."

As Horst talks, the trap on the first door resets itself.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-12, 07:18 AM
Critias has found yet another occasion where he prefers to keep his silence. He waits for a direct order with slight impatience. He is getting bored, and wants something to hit so as to gain some training.

Samm
2010-06-12, 05:40 PM
Horst, fiddles with his bow, and then looks Critias in the eye, with an expression of contempt. "Critias do you have any ideas at all? Does anyone have a gut feeling about the second door? It doesn't feel right to me..."

jumpywinghim
2010-06-14, 06:48 AM
"Blow the doors away." says Critias. His tone of voice indicates that he isn't making a suggestion. Instead, it sound more like a statement.

As Critias yawns, it becomes obvious why he made the strange statement. He is well and truly bored.

"We can go with what we think we know and enter through the second, apparently harmless door. Or we keep checking. And checking. And checking..."

Critias' voice decreases in volume with every word...

AssassinKing
2010-06-17, 08:53 PM
Looking at everyone else realizing how much they want to get going Hope goes to the nontrapped door and opens it. Why didn't you guys just look through it? I said it had no traps.

Samm
2010-06-17, 10:32 PM
Horst thinks that Crtias would the one who should go through first, "The tough guy...", Horst thinks. He says, "Critias, you first."

jumpywinghim
2010-06-17, 10:38 PM
Critias nods.

"Let's hope Hope is right..." he says quietly.

Bracing himself for anything, he opens the door and steps through...

Sarom
2010-06-17, 10:56 PM
Critias nods.

"Let's hope Hope is right..." he says quietly.

Bracing himself for anything, he opens the door and steps through...

As Critias steps through, several magic spells activate.

Three Medium Monstrous Scorpions appear. One appears behind Critias and in front of Hope, while the other two appear on either side of Horst.

A wolf also appears in front of Critias on the first step of the staircase.

Roll Initiative.

Samm
2010-06-18, 01:12 AM
Horst is mildly annoyed. "I told you so..."

OOC: I thought Horst was standing behind Eldarion and Hope at the back of the group. He hadn't even moved through the door. He was covering Critias who was opening the door.

Anyway, Initiative: [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 01:23 AM
Eldarion

The wizard laughs with the thrill of battle. " Foward, We can take them! " He cries, arcana tinging his voice.

Ini: [roll0]

Do we get a map? Like:
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1|
2||M||M|
3|
4|||E|
5|[/table]

AssassinKing
2010-06-18, 01:25 AM
Hope is going to try and go for the one in front of her.
Initiative
[roll0]

jumpywinghim
2010-06-18, 02:45 AM
Hoping that his companions have his back, Critias prepares himself for the wolf.

Initiative
[roll0]

Sarom
2010-06-18, 03:39 AM
Eldarion

The wizard laughs with the thrill of battle. " Foward, We can take them! " He cries, arcana tinging his voice.

Ini: [roll0]

Do we get a map? Like:
1|
2||M||M|
3|
4|||E|
5|[/table]

(OOC: Yes you all get a map. And to answer Samm's question. The spells were placed on different squares, if you must know. You just unfortunately happen to be near them.)

Map:
[spoiler]
{table]
|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|
1||||W||
2||||S||
3|E||H||
4|S|H2|S|||
5|||||||
6|||||||
[/table]

EDIT: Ok I suck when making tables here >,<

Here's my non-format version:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
| | | W
| | | C
| | | S
| | E | H*
| | | | |
| | S H S
|

Ok, that's what it looks like;

Key:

W: wolf
S: Scorpion
H*: Hope
H: Horst
E: Eldarion
C: Critias
|: Empty Square

(I have dinner right now, so I'll do INI for the creeps later.)

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 03:45 AM
(OOC: Yes you all get a map. And to answer Samm's question. The spells were placed on different squares, if you must know. You just unfortunately happen to be near them.)

Map:
[spoiler]
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_
1||||W||
2||||S||
3|E||H||
4|S|H2|S|||
5|||||||
6|||||||[/table]

EDIT: Ok I suck when making tables here >,<

Key:

W: wolf
S: Scorpion
H*: Hope
H: Horst
E: Eldarion
C: Critias

Fixed? I think I has fixed it, quite well.

Sarom
2010-06-18, 04:27 AM
Fixed? I think I has fixed it, quite well.

You forgot Critias, who is between the wolf and scorpion but thanks anyway; looks great. Teach me at school how to do that. Anyhow here's the order:

1: Scorpion behind Critias
2: Eldarion
3: Horst
4: Scorpion to Horst's right
5: Wolf
6: Hope
7: Critias
8: Scorpion to Horst's left

(OOC: We'll do battle in the IC thread)

Sarom
2010-06-18, 04:39 AM
The first scorpion launches several attacks on Critias. Critias bravely dodges one claw and the scorpion's sting attack but falls into the clutches of the Scorpion's other claw.

Critias takes 2 dmg and is grappled unless he makes a successful oppose check. (So make an opposed grapple check jumpwinghim or escape artist check)

Samm
2010-06-18, 06:35 PM
Horst takes a 5ft step away from the Scorpions, in an attempt to give him some space to shoot. "Damn scorpions getting too close..."

I'm relying on Dante's map. I'm assuming that I can actually move out of the scorpions' threatened area. If I can't, I'll have to do something else. Also, taking a 5ft step DOESN'T PROVOKE AOOS

He then loses 2 arrows into the scorpion behind Critias.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 08:00 PM
Eldarion

The Celestial, delaying till after Horst, casts Bull's Strength on Horst, moving through to a more free position.

A3. Thats where I am... And Samm, I got higher ini! :smallbiggrin:

Sarom
2010-06-18, 08:01 PM
Horst takes a 5ft step away from the Scorpions, in an attempt to give him some space to shoot. "Damn scorpions getting too close..."

I'm relying on Dante's map. I'm assuming that I can actually move out of the scorpions' threatened area. If I can't, I'll have to do something else. Also, taking a 5ft step DOESN'T PROVOKE AOOS

He then loses 2 arrows into the scorpion behind Critias.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Yes Jim, I know at least half of the DnD rules. If I didn't know any rules I wouldn't be DMing. Also, you skipped Dante, if you looked at the order you were after Dante. Glitch, Dante's post appeared after I posted.
But anyhow...

Horst hits the scorpion twice, one piercced its tail while the other hits its back. It shudders a bit from the impacts and hisses in response but it still stands.

Sarom
2010-06-18, 08:04 PM
The next scorpion watches its prey move away. It moves where Horst was originally and attacks him with a claw. No harm comes to Horst as the claw is deflected away.

Sarom
2010-06-18, 09:05 PM
The wolf in front of Critias acts next. The wolf attacks and bites Critias's left arm.

7 Damage to Critias as well and prone. :smallfrown: By the way, does grapple and tripping stack? If not then Critias isn't proned.

Oh and jumpywinghim make an opposed grapple check or an escape artist check. Also make an opposed strength check.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-18, 09:29 PM
Critias struggles to free himself from the scorpion and wolf.

(All I can do is assume the opposed grapple to simply be a grapple) O.G. [roll0]
O.S. [roll1]

Sarom
2010-06-18, 10:58 PM
Critias struggles to free himself from the scorpion and wolf.

(All I can do is assume the opposed grapple to simply be a grapple) O.G. [roll0]
O.S. [roll1]

Critias manges to fend of the scorpion's grapple but is tripped by the wolf.

Your turn Critias.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-19, 12:36 AM
What of Hope? She goes before Critias.

(After Hope does something) Critias rises and attempts to slash the wolf apart.

Attack [roll0] (and add the bonus that Fists of Stone give me, I don't know what the bonus is)
Damage [roll1] (likewise, apply any Fists of Stone bonus, if any)

Cadian 9th:
Please include what bonuses your buffs give. I know you told me on Skype, but that's been long forgotten...it's easier to find it on the forum where there aren't 9001 million messages to look through.

AssassinKing
2010-06-19, 12:49 PM
Hope is going to attack the scorpian in front of her

to hit[roll0]
damage[roll1]

off hand to hit
[roll2]

damage
[roll3] fire damage[roll4]

Sarom
2010-06-19, 05:10 PM
Hope attacks the scorpion missing with her first blow but manages to cleave the scorpion in two with her other blow.

Critias hits the wolf on its shoulder, dealing a serious but not fatal wound.

New Order:

1: Eldarion
2: Horst
3: Scorpion to Horst's right
4: Wolf
5: Hope
6: Critias
7: Scorpion to Horst's left

Samm
2010-06-19, 06:25 PM
Horst drops his bow, and jumps back to give him a little space. He then moves back next to the scorpion drawing his sword as goes. Horst is then going try to achieve the same as Hope - he slashes at it with his greatsword.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
I believe the whole manoeuvre is entirely legal and I can do this without provoking AOOs.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-20, 12:25 AM
Eldarion

The Wizard, satisfied that he has enhanced his mortal companions enough, proceeds to engage a scorpion in melee, trusting Criteas to Handle himself and Hope to engage. His blade glows with holy fire and eldritch energy in a smite attack!

5ft step to the Scorpion near horst. Where is the map?
Staff of twilight:
[roll0] for [roll1]

AssassinKing
2010-06-22, 11:11 PM
initiative
[roll0]

to hit
[roll1]

damage
[roll2]

second attack
[roll3]

damage
[roll4] + fire damage[roll5]

I only did it this way so we can get this campaign goin again. Hope is going to attack the scorpian behind her.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-23, 01:02 AM
Critias goes for another slash at the wolf.

"YOU bit ME? Who's got the biggest jaws here?"
*ROOAAR!!!*

(I forgot the bonuses for Fists of Stone. Having the bonuses up in a post would help.)

Sarom
2010-06-23, 01:17 AM
1||||W
2||||C
3|
4|E|H|H*
5||S|S
6|
7|
[/table]

(EDIT: I think I'm getting the hang of this map thing. Anyhow... btw this map is before the round started.)

Eldarion attacks the scorpion, dealing a serious wound but not killing it. With his attack though, he sets the scorpion up for a fatal blow from Horst. The scorpion lays dead in front of the two.

Hope attacks the scorpion behind her, missing wide with her first blow yet allowing her to deal a blow with her second attack.

Critias attacks the wolf, hitting the wolf in the jaw and killing it.

The scorpion attacks Hope in fury. Hope dodges two of the blows with efficiency but is hit in a soft patch not covered by her armour.

Hope takes 7 damage.
New Map:

1||||
2||||C
3|
4|||H|H*
5||E|S
6|
7|
[/table]
New order for round 3:

1 Eldarion
2 Horst
3 Scorpion
4 Hope
5 Critias

jumpywinghim
2010-06-23, 01:52 AM
Critias finally rises from the ground. Taking a look at his friends, he sees that Eldarion and Horst are fine, but Hope still has a combatant. Critias knows that his fire breath can reach the single scorpion, but unfortunatly, Hope is standing in front of it, at the risk of being incinerated. Critias cannot assist in time...

Samm
2010-06-23, 02:51 AM
Horst, a true pragamtist thinks through his next move. He steps sideways to flank the scorpion and attacks the scorpion again, with all his might aiming to kill. "One left, should be easy now..."

Attack:[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-23, 02:56 AM
Eldarion

The Wizard, seeing one remaining foe, looks expectantly at the others. " Hope, finish it! " He says, lowering his blade. He draws a crossbow, a rune etched crossbow that glows with power, shooting a silvery missle across to hit the scorpion.

Magic missle for [roll0]

Sarom
2010-06-23, 03:40 AM
Eldarion kills the scorpion with his magic missile.

400exp each

Samm
2010-06-24, 05:37 AM
"Phew", Horst lowers his weapon, the adrenaline still flooding through his veins from the recent encounter. With a slight pant his says, "Everybody okay?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 06:17 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard spins his blade and lowers it, then looks to the others. " Yes, Of course I am OK. What about you? "

Samm
2010-06-25, 03:24 AM
"Fine.", Horst says reassuringly. He moves over to Critias, and asks him if he's okay. "You okay, you look like you got tangled up with that wolf pretty bad?"

jumpywinghim
2010-06-25, 04:55 AM
Critias shrugs.

"A few scratches and bites. I'll be fine. Although, it doesn't help that I still have injuries from two days ago."

He does a quick scan of Horst.

"It looks like you haven't sustained any injuries though. For that, I'm glad. Really is unfortunate that I managed to end up separated from you all..."

He speaks louder now, directing his words to Eldarion and Hope.

"Eldarion, I trust you are as well as Horst? Hope...I saw the scorpion strike you, is all well?"

He now speaks to the room at large.

"Well, that's that. We all ready to proceed?"

Critias indicates the stairs that he and Horst stand below.

Samm
2010-06-25, 05:01 AM
Casually Horst points to Eldarion and says, "Eldarion is fine, he told me, but we've got to find a way to patch you up sooner or later... Anyway, I'm ready to roll."

Horst sheathes his sword, and picks up his bow from the ground.