PDA

View Full Version : [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Draken
2010-06-13, 03:34 PM
Hueco Mundo...
Bleak wastes under eternal midnight.
A world, a sea of dunes and storms of silt.
Above cavernous depths.

Hueco Mundo, not the most welcoming place in the world. The White Sands are vast and open, and silence reigns. There are no landmarks but a few petrified plants, some rocks... And Las Noches.

The great city rises from the horizon as if it were but a few miles away, so vast are its walls, visible from anywhere in the dunes. A bastion of civilization in an otherwise empty world, ruled since time immemorial by the Ghost King, Erscheinung Von Geister.

But there is much more than that, beneath the sands is the sprawling Forest of Menos, endless caves dotted by countless columns of rock, petrified trees whose canopy and eroding leaves shape the desert above.

Hueco Mundo, the hollow world, the place where souls go to fade...

Why are you here?

riccaru
2010-06-13, 04:11 PM
Sereg Arturo, espada number seven, sits atop a mighty gothic cathedral, looking on all that he presides over. His power gives him a great deal of certainty in himself as he watches his domain for any breaking the rules. Beneath him is the roar of uncounted hollows screaming for blood inside an arena of death. Sereg's hood flaps about his face, his knee length white jacket held tightly to him. In his left hand is a silver intricate pocket watch, one he stole from the mortal world many years ago. His feet hang from the roof, and on them rests his blade. The scarf wrapped tightly around his lower face hides any hint of emotion while he stares blankly at the watch, only looking every few minutes for trouble makers.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-13, 04:41 PM
Pico Kurazume leans on the rails of his balcony connected to his suite, looking out on his domain with a shot glass less than a quarter full with fine sake, and holding a burning cigarrette in his hand. Wind is gently blowing through the area, causing Pico's ankle long coat to move with the breeze slightly, his hair to rustle, and the smoke from his cigarrette to seemingly disappear. That is one of the reasons that Pico picked that floor to put his suite in, the wind. That, and the compartment that can hold booze and smokes, but part of it was the wind.

Just around his Palacio, wild festivities seem to be always in motion. The area seems to be a living abstract painting of some sort, what with its eccentric designs and garish colors. On the outskirts, to his right, are blasted fields and buildings, smoke rising from the area. The outskirts almost look like monotone black and white in comparison to the area surrounding the Palacio.

Presently, Pico was considering letting the Arrancar Militia that was under his command loose on his domain. "Nah. Not today." He downed what was left in his shot glass and put the cigarrette back in his mouth, and walked into his suite, namely over to the office portion of his suite. On a fine wooden desk are a smattering of papers, spread out all over the top amidst lamps, pencils, and other office supplies. Pico leaned against his desk, contemplating what to do next.

Dorizzit
2010-06-13, 04:54 PM
Sabas Fortunato stands in the top room of the bone-white spire of his Palacio, looking out over the Sector given to his governance with his hands folded behind his back. The child-like Quinta Espada's face is unreadable as his eyes sweep the crowded streets below, searching for...something. One of his Arrancar retainers stands nearby, awaiting orders from Fortunato. For several minutes, the Quinta does not move. Finally, he speaks, not looking at other Arrancar.

"Come closer."

The retainer mutely approaches until it stands next to its master at the window. One-on-one discussions with Fortunato are rare, and don't always end well for the recipient. The eccentric Espada can hardly be called consistent, however, and it could just as easily be a commendation, or even meaningless. Fortunato knows all of these thoughts go through the Arrancar's head, but does nothing to enforce or disprove its thoughts. Fortunato says nothing at first, but points out one of the myriad buildings below. The retainer, possessing a hawk-like Resurrección, is easily able to pinpoint its location.

"Raze that building. No one may know it was on my orders. Allow no one to see you. You may acquisition additional resources, if necessary, but the end goal cannot be known to anyone. Go."

The retainer silently bows and hurries from the room. It knows failure will not be tolerated, but a swift success could result in a lasting favorable impression or even a promotion. Fortunato stares out of the window for a few more seconds, a thin, cruel smile crossing his face. Turning from the window, he sedately walks towards the chessboard he keeps nearby. He picks up a white knight, then moves it into position on the board.

"Game start."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-13, 05:11 PM
The Conductor stood at his Podium, his hands cutting through the air in rythmic patterns. Facing him were dozen of dark figures, each one an exact copy of the others, but for the instruments they hold. The Rows of players are arranged in 4 great arcs, the lighting dim over them. They have no need to look at music, or any such thing. All the lighting, and all the attention (or all the would be attention, for the Audience, main floor and balconies both, is conspiciously missing) is centered on one lonely figure. Six different Spotlights (controlled by more of the players in the rafters) focused on this poor soul. A Hollow, one of the many dwellers in the city. This one had broken one of the Espada's laws, The Conductor didn't know which. More importantly, he had tried to escape. The Players' caught him just outside the walls of the city. If he hadn't claimed to have some minor musical talent, the Conductor would have simply returned him to the Espada. As it was, he had been spirited back to the Auditorium, and now did his best to play. To put it lightly, it was awful.

"You lied to me... didn't you?"

The Hollow dropped his instrument, a Clarinet. The Conductor stared at him, waiting for a response. As the tension mounted, the Players picked up another tune, no visible instructions for them coming from the Conductor. It was low, and quiet, but built as more instruments added in. It started out as a harmony, but took on dissonant overtones, but spoke of growing anger, and danger. All the time the Conductor stood there, no sign of his thoughts passing his face. Finally he shook his head.

"I'll take that as my answer."

The Conductor turned, walking away, his annoyance stealing the enjoyment that any future star players might bring. The Hollow hit his first perfect note, a cry of despair as he realized the punishment that awaited him once he was returned to the Esapada.

"At least he could sing for me at the end."

The Conductor's laughter joined the cry of despair as they echoed in the perfect acoustics of the Auditorium. As both sounds died, a perfect silence settled over the Auditorium, the lights out, and the sole remaining figure in it settled down in one of the chairs, turning his mind to the other players scattered through Las Noches and beyond. He had a job to do, despite his pleasant distractions here.

horngeek
2010-06-13, 10:13 PM
Mei wanders the corridors of her palace, currently... well. A bit bored. "So quiet around here at the moment..."

strawberryman
2010-06-13, 10:18 PM
Deep in the bowels of the Menos Forest, in the complexes of Ciudad Baja... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BGKWQck48)

There is a lake. What a lake is doing in the moisture-sparse world of Hueco Mundo is anyone's guess, and yet it is there. At the bottom of this lake... is the home of a dragon. Perhaps not in the most conventional sense, but many would agree, it is no mans land for all but the bravest. And even then, they will very likely not return.

Talon awakes with a yawn, and stretch, as she looks upon her collection with malicious satisfaction. She had been sleeping upon the mountain of Hollow masks for decades. But quickly, the memories of her situation sour her mood. Sliding down from the pile and dusting herself off, she makes her way out of her sleeping quarters, and through the intricate stonework of her lair. While her life as a Privaron differed little from her life as an official Espada, it was a life she had no pleasure in. Passing through the large main hall, and then her exquisite banquet hall, she finally stops, sitting upon a throne of stone and the most impressive hollow masks of her keeping: draconic things, with fearsome maws that could easily tear a man in two.

Looking up, she sees the glass ceiling of her self-proclaimed throne room, looking upon the bottom of the lake like a kingdom of her own, despite her aversion to subjects.

Yes, it was a good day to be Queen. Unfortunate that her days as such were over.

"...One day, Alejandro... But for now..." Talon debates her activities for the day.

Where one story is told at the bottom of the "earth", yet another begins near the top...

The sun shines upon a balcony in the center of the Eighth district of Las Noches. Yes, all were aware that the effectual noon in Las Noches was a special time.

A tanned, well-endowed woman with bushy black hair, and a serpentine demeanor lies upon a rock belly-down, soaking in the sun with a pleasured moan. For all those that frequented the skies of the city, Ruwa was well known for the spectacle she allowed...

Nothing like nude sunbathing, after all.

horngeek
2010-06-13, 10:21 PM
{{Mei's the Octava. :smalltongue:}}

As Ruwa sunbathes, she might feel the presence of her Espada on the roof, Mei having decided to come up. "Ahhh... it's a pretty slow day at the moment, Ruwa."

strawberryman
2010-06-13, 10:32 PM
((...I knew that.))

Ruwa turns her head, giving Mei a snakelike smirk. "Oh, hiya, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"Isn't it alwaysss, though, Mei-Mei-chan?~<3" Leaning her head back down, it's obvious she doesn't mind the slow goings one bit.

horngeek
2010-06-13, 10:35 PM
Mei smirks back, and lies on the rock next to Ruwa. "I suppose so... and there are benefits to not much else going on."

strawberryman
2010-06-13, 10:37 PM
"Of courssse, Mei-Mei-chan!~<3" Ruwa responds, enthusiastic as ever. There is a long pause as she shifts her head back up, giving her Espada a cutesy look.

"...Like back rubsss?~<3"

horngeek
2010-06-13, 10:39 PM
Mei grins, and reaches down to start rubbing Ruwa's back. "You can give me a back rub after this, though..."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-13, 10:42 PM
Tark sat in his territory. It was just a section of the Ciudad, filled with tumbled down buildings, and trees. Tark didn't like buildings. Didn't think they were proper. Living out, exposed to the Elements, that was the way of it. His territory was small, necessarily so as Von Geister wouldn't allow him to establish anything more. He didn't care if other Arrancar, Hollows, whatever lived there. Even when he was an Espada, he had only two rules. Stay out of his way, and whatever he wanted was his. Nothing had changed that, at least in Tark's mind.

"I'm hungry!"

Von Geister had all sorts of rules about when one could eat Hollow's. He claimed it wasn't needed, and all sorts of nonsense. Tark hardly noticed. They told him that eating wasn't really needed, that they could survive on am.. abgrinent... something. Tark didn't much care about that either. He knew one place he could eat Hollows. At the Arena, there were always those Idiots fighting. Tark only had one reward.

What I kill, I eat.

Tark shuffled off toward the Arena, snuffing about for Talon. She would watch him. She should be around here somewhere. He had told her to be, after all.

nothingclever
2010-06-13, 11:05 PM
Edward awoke today with an idea. Before further wooing all the gorgeous beauties of Las Noches he would first attempt to gain the employ of, oddly enough, a certain man. He flew out of his ever so comfy bed fit for a princess and immediately zoomed along the city as graceful as a gazelle heading towards The Conductor's abode. He hoped to arrive right at his doorstep without any interruptions along the way.

strawberryman
2010-06-13, 11:56 PM
"Of courssse, Mei-Mei-chan.~<3" Ruwa hums in satisfaction as Mei begins to rub her back.

horngeek
2010-06-13, 11:59 PM
Mei makes sure that it's a very good back rub. :smalltongue::smallamused:

Afterwards, she smiles. "My turn now, then?"

She grins, and starts getting out of her dress for the rub.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 12:22 AM
Edward is met outside the Auditorium, a Flautist standing there, his face betraying nothing of course. Edward had been observed approaching the Auditorium, and when it became clear it was the Espada's destination, the Flautist had been dispatched to meet him. It began to speak, the vocie an exact match for the Conductors, cultured quality and all.

"Greetings, Segunda Espada. Would you like to come inside? Or are you in a hurry? If so, feel free to relay whatever you desire through this player."

The Conductor's voice betrayed no sign of any emotion, beyond a simple curiosity as to the Espada's purpose in coming.

nothingclever
2010-06-14, 12:41 AM
"I most certainly would like to venture inside. I wish to speak with your master directly." His voice was a tad haughty as if to mock the doorman's dull verbal delivery. Edward appreciated how prompt this greeting was. I've gotta get me some of these guys, he thought plainly.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-14, 12:43 AM
Tark wasn't alone in his shuffle towards the Arena, though it might take him a little while to notice that someone was tailing him through the streets of Las Noches. But as he sniffed around he'd hear the throaty chuckle as his hidden observer came out of the shadows and into the light.

"Beeeaaarrrr-kuuunnn, ya aren't sniffin' for lil' me, huh?" comes the wicked little drawl as the slight figure moved towards the lumbering Privaron Espada. The pressure around this slight...girl was like having a blade at one's throat, but Tark might not be self-aware enough to realize the intensity of the feeling or be capable of respecting or fearing that sensation.

Genoveva, the Primera Espada, approaches the big man with a casual demeanor that others might not be able to replicate. Besides Talon that is.

"I could hear ya a mile away, ya know? Real noisy knuckle-dragger, but that's what I love about ya Tark. Yer no nonsense. Yer big. And ya kick ass. An' I need a fella who can kick ass, am I lookin' at the right boy or do I need to keep lookin'?" Genoveva says familiarly, reaching out to pat the muscle-bound man on the arm with a crafty look in her eyes, "A fella to make his bonnie beau proud, eh? What do you say Tark?"

Her voice is coy and savage at the same time, the perfect tone to settle a rampaging beast. That wasn't quite what Tark was, but the same methods should work. The Primera was nothing if not observant, especially of those who had fallen since they could always make another ploy to get on top. She wasn't worried about that, from Tark, but in the course of watching Talon's empty court (with some amusement at that) it was impossible not to notice the connection between the two.

Tackyhillbillu
The Conductor

The Flautist stepped aside, opening the door, and nodding cordially. If the mockery bothered him, it showed no sign of it.

"Proceed straight down the hall. I await you there."

With that, the Flautist simply held the door open.

---

Tark Winald, Privaron Espada 109

If Tark was bothered by Genoveva's appearance, he didn't show it. Skulking around and such was for the weak. If the Primera Espada wanted to play around in the shadows, she could. He could feel the Spiritual Pressure coming off her, but Tark did not fear it. If Tark wanted to, he would crush her. He simply saw little point in it. Tark only wanted one Espada Seat, and that was his. Even if he had been tricked out of it, he'd have it back someday.

"What do you want, Geno...Geov...Jenny?"

Tark wasn't one for big long words, and the name was shorter, and more pleasant. Tark was never one to insist on formality, and didn't mind her touching him. The only thing she would feel was his strength and perfection of form.

"You know I'm the strongest. I can kick any ass that I want to. At the moment though, I just want something to eat. Preferably something... fresh."

strawberryman
Ruwa sits up, wrapping herself in the long strand of silk that substitutes as her clothes. In a matter of moments, she takes to sensually rubbing Mei's back.

"So, Mei-Mei-chan... what did you want to do today?~<3"

horngeek
2010-06-14, 12:45 AM
Mei hums in pleasure as Ruwa rubs her back, smiling. "Ah... you're very, very good at this, you know...

And I'm not sure... part of me just wants to relax in my web... of course, there's nothing to say I can't have company."

She hums some more. :smalltongue:

nothingclever
2010-06-14, 12:56 AM
Edward quickly strode on in and down the hall like a peacock until he stood with The Conductor. He didn't give him a chance to speak before casually beginning his sales pitch. "Well I haven't spoken much with you before but I've got a proposition for you. How about you move your home and all your stuff over to my palace? As you must know, there are plenty of people just dying to listen to your music over there. I'm no expert but it doesn't take a genius to figure out you're your work is the best in the business and I'll make sure you're supplied with whatever you need to perform it."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 01:05 AM
"Well, if my lady wissshesss it, I have no choice, hm?~<3", Ruwa responds, nipping playfully at Mei's neck.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 01:07 AM
Mei chuckles as her neck is nipped, and stands, taking Ruwa's arm as she leads her to her room. "So, how's it been with you, Ruwa? Anything interesting happen to you recently?"

Once they get there, Mei will start wrapping Ruwa in silk in preperation for carrying her up to her web. :smalltongue:

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 01:14 AM
The Conductor stands alone, at the center of the stage, the auditorium empty once more. Everything is dark but for a single spotlight shining on the Conductor as he stands there. As Edward enters, a spotlight switches onto him as well, a Player in the rafters following him with it. The Conductor listens to his speech calmly, and shakes his head afterward.

"I cannot acquiesce to your request, I am afraid. To begin with, I am the Exequias, not one of your Fraccion, and taking up residence in your domain would make it more difficult for the other Espada to contact me. Furthermore, I have everything I need here."

The Conductor smiles.

"I like this building, and I like my privacy. As well, moving to your home would involve displacing my star players, and some of them are rather fragile. If you would like, you may schedule an appointment, but for now, I shall remain here."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-14, 01:21 AM
Genoveva, Primera Espada

"Jenny? Weellll...ain't ya just a sharp one.." the arrancar's hooting fills the street as she enjoys the simple name that Tark had given her. There were others who would have found it insulting, a reason to take offense and harm the big lug, but it didn't seem as if Genoveva was one of those people. Not at the moment anyway.

"That's right lummox. Yer big, strong, an' hungry. Bet the Old Ghost still won't let ya eat much..live meat though, does he? Well what if I told ya...I could get ya nine free meals? Fresh an' kickin'? And you even get to tenderize'em first. Sounds good, eh?"

She sauntered away from him, one hand idly resting on the pommel of her falchion even as she inspects Tark critically, as if appraising a piece of meat in a butcher's shop.

"It won't be easy though. I can't let ya fight unless ya can swear yer strong enough to get the job done. Can I count on ya Tark?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 01:29 AM
Tark considered her offer for a moment, before nodding. 9 Meals would fill his belly. Then he could go take a nap, or find where Talon had secreted herself away. She was fond of doing that. Tark didn't mind... much.

"Alright Jenny. Sounds good. Some fights to get the appetite nice and ready, and meals to sate it. As for being strong enough..."

Tark smiled, taking out his Battleaxe and embedding it in the wall of a nearby building, the masonry falling inward.

"...I am. I'll be suprised if any of my meals even scratches me."

Tark smiles. He has the utmost confidence in his Hierro. It would not fail him. Ever. Tark swung his Axe down now, cleaving it into the ground. He spat in his palm, and head it out, clearing expecting Genoveva to do likewise.

"You find nine idiots to fight me, and I'll get rid of them. No trouble. Deal?"

nothingclever
2010-06-14, 01:31 AM
Edward was not the least bit dismayed by the man's response. "Oh come on... I've got all sorts of artsy artisans that are itching for a new project to begin. They could make you a new stage far grander than what you have here. You'd have a huge audience too. Why would you want the other Espada to be able to contact you easily? You'd rather serve them than compose music? Ugh." He pretended to gag. "Whatever you've got here we can improve upon. Star players? I've got citizens that devote their entire lives to perfecting their skills. And that's not all. There all sorts of plays going on. Wouldn't you like to provide the music for those? Perhaps the scripts and performances would give you some inspiration."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 01:40 AM
The Conductor shook his head, still emotionless.

"This stage suits my needs, and I have all the audience I want."

The Conductor smiles faintly, entirely aware that the space behind him is completely empty.

"As for the Espada, my wishes are immaterial. Von Geister has instructed me to be available to them, and so I am. Until he orders that to change, I will continue to follow it. My Star Players are not something that can be replaced so easily. Despair and terror add such sweet overtones to most pieces, and I fear replicating such with your subortinates would prove... unpopular. And I have no wish to demean my art by doing any such thing as playing for the Theatre."

The Conductor nodded. He was no one to provide background color. Music was the only thing that mattered.

"If you wish to make a request for me to do so, please do so, and I will do my best to fufill it."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-14, 01:42 AM
Genoveva

The Primera's sharp-toothed grin only grows wider and even more wicked a Tark accepted the deal. It was all too simple at this point, even as she watches the 'demonstration' of strength. She even drops her smile for a moment, oohhing in pleased surprise as the masonry crumbles into the street below.

Again she was there, patting Tark's arm with all the familiarity of a friend despite having close to no contact with the arrancar.

"Imprresssiivvvveee! Ya got a nice arm on ya! Yeaahhh, 'hat's just perfect. Ya hold up yer end of the bargain Tark and I'll find da idiots. Gotcha?" she says with a nod of her head, sticking out her hand without a second thought. One spit later and she's slapping her palm into Tark's and shaking it vigorously. Only after it seemed like she'd hung on long enough did she release the paw of a hand, twisting around to begin sauntering back up the street with her hands stuffed in her pockets.

"Best get some practice in big fella! Don't wantcha to hurt that pretty face of yers in a fight." comes the light-hearted prod, even as Genoveva felt around for the presence of her fellow Espada...or rather the one who'd best be able to reach all of them with a message.

Where are ya feather duster...?

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 01:43 AM
Ruwa

"I can't sssay ssso... but, there'sss nothing wrong with that.~<3" Ruwa smiles slyly as Mei hefts her up.

"After all, calm daysss like thisss allow me more time to be with Mei-Mei-chan, yesss?~<3"

Talon

"I'd love to see that.", Talon speaks up, walking out from nowhere in particular by Tark. "If only to see you be hurt or even killed for once." Obviously referring to Tark, and fully aware that he is, well. Right there.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 01:46 AM
Again, Tark is not visibly bothered by Talon sneaking up on him. He smiled at her broadly, picking up his Axe and returning it to his back.

"You will come watch. You are my woman. It is only appropriate you see my strength and prowess."

Tark was either ignoring, or hadn't noticed that she appeared to doubt him.

"I'm going to find something to eat. Jenny didn't mention when the fights were going to be, and I'm hungry now."

horngeek
2010-06-14, 01:46 AM
Mei chuckles as she finished wrapping Ruwa's body, and lifts her up to her web, placing her on a more solid section of it and lying beside her. "Yes, it does..."

She chuckles. "My section's going well... and the Shinigami aren't making trouble. Well, any more than the usual, anyway..."

nothingclever
2010-06-14, 01:51 AM
Edward let out a deep sigh in response to this utter dismissal. "Very well then. I see how it is. I have no formal requests for you. I only ask that you stop by my place and work your magic there for a while whenever you grow tired of performing for the walls and wish for more than your own contentment."

Frozen_Feet
2010-06-14, 10:09 AM
Somewhere in Segunda's sector, Lalita Tandon is lazing off on the palacio's rooftop, not having any duties to fulfill for the moment. From the heights, he's spying on the Octava's sector with binoculars nicked from some unsuspecting fool from the Decima's sector. It had taken quite the effort, actually, but he'd eventually found a spot with a clear view to Ruwa's balcony.

Sweet times.

Moon Wolf
2010-06-14, 10:14 AM
Somewhere in the Novena's sector, Katarina was sitting barefoot on a pile of collected cushions, combing through her hair. Where is Pan-sama, I wonder. A sudden thought struck her. Oh, I hope he's not gotten himself into trouble...or maybe he's with the other Espada! That would be bad....they'd bully him...oh, I should never let him out of my sight! With that, she got up and began searching for her son master.

Steilos
2010-06-14, 10:26 AM
The Ciudad Baja. The Undercity. The Royal Palace. All of these names have been attributed to the underground of the Las Noches, the area known as the Forest of Menos. Huge tree-like pillars rise from the ground, connecting the ope and underground. Around one such pillar, very close to the Royal Palace itself, is a large, keep-like structure stands, grey and lifeless. Peering through the window, the observer's eye makes out General Apolinar Rodriguez, Privaron #110 and commander of the armies of the Undercity, in effect the royal guard. Finishing the last document he had to fill in, Apolinar carefully files it and looks out of the window. Faintly illuminated below is the training grounds for the army, where about fifty had already took up training, much to Apolinar's approval. There were no room for slackers in this army. Taking a rough rope in the corner of the room, he tugs hard.

The great bell above Apolinar's study had once chimed the start of every 'day' down here in the Undercity, but on the King's insistence on not being woken up by the possibly the loudest and most annoying bell in the universe, it instead made absolutely no sound as Apolinar rang it. Instead, a wave of spiritual energy spreads over the city, colourless so as not to appear as more than a ripple to passers-by. On those under his command who were still asleep, though, the bell sounded as loudly and terribly as when it was first installed, causing more than a few shouts of surprise and shock.

Heading back to his desk, he examines a one last paper. It describes one of the lower-ranked Numeros under his command, From its vantage point in the window, the observer's eye can make out the word 'Desertion'. Dipping a stamp in red ink, he stamps the paper and rings a bell on his desk. Another Arrancar came in, stood smartly to attention and saluted.
"Reporting foir duty, sir."
"Duly noted. Deliver this form, you'll find the address on the front."
Quickly scanning the paper, the Arrancar responds."Yessir. Will deliver to the executioner post-haste."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 10:56 AM
Ruwa

Ruwa lazes in, obviously far too used to this treatment. "Well, we could alwaysss sssee if Veva-chan can ssspare one of her prisssonersss... I bet it'd liven thingsss up here quite a bit!~<3" The serpentine fraccion's tone is certainly suggestive of some form of mischief.

Talon

Talon eyes Tark in annoyance. "For the last time... I am not your woman. I belong to no man." She turns her gaze to Genoveva, her look implying;

Make this idiot suffer.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 10:57 AM
Mei looks at Ruwa. "Oh? What do you have in mind, then?"

She looks at her Fraccion, grinning.

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 11:01 AM
"...Well, you could sssee how long it takesss for one of those sssquares to throw away their convictionsss and ssswear allegiance to Mei-Mei-chan.~<3" Ruwa's tone is rather seductive.

"...I can help too, of courssse.~<3"

horngeek
2010-06-14, 11:04 AM
"You mean the Shinigami?

..."

Mei looks thoughtful for a moment. "That might not be a bad idea, actually... we could gather a lot of valuable information that way...

And, of course, it would be a fun challenge..."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 11:55 AM
The Conductor

The Conductor nodded at Edward's request.

"As you wish, Segunda Espada. Will you be leaving, or would you prefer to listen for a while?"

The Conductor extended that invitation to few indeed. Most who came to his Auditorium were in for an unpleasant experience. However, Edward was an Espada, and the Conductor treated them with respect.

---

Tark Winald

"Playing hard to get doesn't change anything. You should come watch me fight."

Tark turns and continues lumbering toward the arena, to get something to eat.

nothingclever
2010-06-14, 01:35 PM
"Oh no, I'm afraid I best be off now. Thanks for the offer though." Edward abruptly spun around and sped off like an ostrich in search of Genoveva.

Edge
2010-06-14, 01:59 PM
In Aléjandro Mendez' personal quarters in the Palacio Cuarta, he sits facing opposite his solitary Fraccion. A chessboard lies between the two, a game in mid-progress, though oddly the Espada is currently blindfolded, his arms crossed over his chest. There is silence for a long time before the Espada's calm, level voice echoes out from behind his mask.

"Vincente, would you kindly move my queen to B-4?"

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:04 PM
In Aléjandro Mendez' personal quarters in the Palacio Cuarta, he sits facing opposite his solitary Fraccion. A chessboard lies between the two, a game in mid-progress, though oddly the Espada is currently blindfolded, his arms crossed over his chest. There is silence for a long time before the Espada's calm, level voice echoes out from behind his mask.

"Vincente, would you kindly move my queen to B-4?""Of course, sir."

The Fraccion's hand reached out and moved the indicated piece to the requested location. The only sound heard was the *click* of the piece on the board.

Vicente then sat back and considered his own move for several moments.

"I have to admit, this is a refreshing game, at least in its...uniqueness."

(OOC:Vicente would know, but I don't: When Vicente moves, is he supposed to say anything, like "My rook to c-6" or some such?)

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:08 PM
((Yes. Aléjandro is basically trying to play purely from memory.))

"That is good to hear, Vincente. A new experience prevents the brain from stagnating. Your move."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:13 PM
((Yes. Aléjandro is basically trying to play purely from memory.))

"That is good to hear, Vincente. A new experience prevents the brain from stagnating. Your move."""Very true, Sir Aléjandro . I do so wish to make sure my mind does not stagnate. I've reached a few mental roadblocks in my experiments and such. Perhaps this game will help un-block my mind."

He considered his move for a few moments more, then picked up his piece and moved.

"My king's knight to G-5."

Kuroimaken
2010-06-14, 02:21 PM
Serazel watched over the landscape of Hueco Mundo from a suitably tall locale. The winds that blew past him were just enough to make his scarf billow softly, his hachimaki-like mask drawn onto his face so as to prevent the dust from getting in his eye. The fraccion was just finishing up his scouting duties, given that he'd had no permission to collect information on either the Mortal World or Soul Society of late.

In his own way, he was also bored. While he could go hunting, he didn't feel the need to, and lately that was only a way to kill time at any rate.

He decided to return to the Octava Espada's Palacio. Not that he'd have much more to do there, but it was his post when he was done with scouting after all.

And maybe he'd find something to entertain himself with. Being Chang Mei's fraccion meant there was always a surprise waiting.

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:23 PM
"Hmm. Perhaps."

The Espada remains perfectly still and he thinks for a moment.

"My queen's rook to G-6. I believe your queen's bishop is currently there."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:27 PM
"Hmm. Perhaps."

The Espada remains perfectly still and he thinks for a moment.

"My queen's rook to G-6. I believe your queen's bishop is currently there.""Hm. So it is; good show."

He removed the defeated piece from the board, then frowned deeply.

Even blindfolded, the Cuarta Espada was beating him. Vicente considered cheating for a moment, then dismissed the idea. One way or another, his master would know. And there would be punishment.

"My king's rook to E-8. That takes out your own king's rook."

The pieces clacked on the board as he moved them.

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:31 PM
"That it does, that it does. Hmm."

The briefest of pauses, and the Cuarta spoke again.

"My pawn in C-6 to D-7, taking your pawn there. Check, unless I'm mistaken."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:33 PM
"That it does, that it does. Hmm."

The briefest of pauses, and the Cuarta spoke again.

"My pawn in C-6 to D-7, taking your pawn there. Check, unless I'm mistaken."Vicente paused and double-checked as he moved the pawn.

It was, indeed, check. However...

"My king to E-7."

He smirked a bit.

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:38 PM
The Espada doesn't hesitate.

"My queen to B2, taking your queen's knight, I believe. It should also be check, again."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:40 PM
The Espada doesn't hesitate.

"My queen to B2, taking your queen's knight, I believe. It should also be check, again."Vicente narrowed his eyes.

Time to be more aggressive.

"It does, and it is. Until I move my queen's rook to B-2. Taking your queen, ending check."

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:47 PM
"My pawn in C-3 to B-2, taking your queen's rook."

The Espada's voice remains perfectly calm and clear.

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 02:51 PM
"My pawn in C-3 to B-2, taking your queen's rook."

The Espada's voice remains perfectly calm and clear.Vicente barely resisted sighing. He removed the appropriate piece once again.

"My king's bishop to D-7. Taking your pawn there."

Edge
2010-06-14, 02:58 PM
"My pawn in B-2 to B-1. Promote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_chess#Pawn_promotion) it to a queen, if you would, Vincente."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 03:03 PM
"My pawn in B-2 to B-1. Promote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_chess#Pawn_promotion) it to a queen, if you would, Vincente."Vicente shakes his head as he makes the conversion.

"Done, sir."

He then takes a moment to contemplate strategy.

"My king to D-7, taking your pawn there."

Dangerous, but it gave him room.

(OOC:I realized I misunderstood which side of the board I was on. The king move to E-7, not E-2.)

Edge
2010-06-14, 03:12 PM
"My queen to B-5, Vicente. Check."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 03:16 PM
(OOC:I just realize I messed up previous moves. This is hard without a board. I'll do one more move, then let's say you checkmate.:smallsigh:)

Vicente grew irritated enough that he acted quickly.

"My king to D-8."

Edge
2010-06-14, 03:21 PM
((Isn't it just? :smalltongue:))

"Knight to F-5. Check, yet again, Vincente."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 03:25 PM
((Isn't it just? :smalltongue:))

"Knight to F-5. Check, yet again, Vincente."Vicente sighs and tips his own king over.

"I concede the match, Sir. Your ability with chess continues to surpass my own. Nonetheless, a good game."

Edge
2010-06-14, 03:48 PM
Vicente sighs and tips his own king over.

"I concede the match, Sir. Your ability with chess continues to surpass my own. Nonetheless, a good game."

"So soon, Vincente? I am disappointed. I was playing a high risk, high return game. It is the only way one can reasonably expect to promote a pawn. The game could have been yours at any point, had you but seized the initiative and retained it. I would have been forced to react in an attempt to cover the inevitably heavy losses that would have had imposed on me, given the strategy I chose to adopt."

Aléjandro slowly and purposefully removes the blindfold from around his eyes, standing as he does so.

"The secret to chess is to identify not only the strategy of one's opponent, but their temperament and the façade they use to conceal it. Once you know that, you can play your opponent like a beginner plays a fiddle, throwing their plans into discord."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 03:54 PM
"So soon, Vincente? I am disappointed. I was playing a high risk, high return game. It is the only way one can reasonably expect to promote a pawn. The game could have been yours at any point, had you but seized the initiative and retained it. I would have been forced to react in an attempt to cover the inevitably heavy losses that would have had imposed on me, given the strategy I chose to adopt."

Aléjandro slowly and purposefully removes the blindfold from around his eyes, standing as he does so.

"The secret to chess is to identify not only the strategy of one's opponent, but their temperament and the façade they use to conceal it. Once you know that, you can play your opponent like a beginner plays a fiddle, throwing their plans into discord."Vicente gives a nod of understanding.

"I see. I shall endeavor to remember that. I suppose some of the methods I use in...other activities...to read individuals would come in handy here.

At any rate, do you know if there were any important events occurring today? You know I was shut up in my lair for a few days. I had a breakthrough on a project, and didn't want to abandon it mid-stride."

Steilos
2010-06-14, 03:55 PM
The sound of running feet is heard along the courtyard, and a few seconds later there is a long shriek of despair that ends with a fleshy, slicing sound and a steady dripping. Apolinar nods to himself quietly; it is done. Getting up off his chair, and with the monthly paperwork done, he issues orders to his lieutenants to continue supervising, hands them the stamp used to sign death warrants, and heads out, clambering up several flights of stairs and eventually reaching aboveground.

Shielding his eyes from the 'sun', he decides to spend a few hours aboveground, checkng up on the different Sectors. He couldn't actually do anything of course, but nevertheless Apolinar felt the need to uphold the law, as skeletal as it was. Eventually, Apolinar worked his way to the arena. Since this was technically free time, he could of course go in purely for his own entertainment. However, Apolinar apparently has something against having fun, as although he does in fact take a seat in the arena, he seems to pay very little attention to the fights themselves, casting his eyes around.

Edge
2010-06-14, 04:01 PM
Vicente gives a nod of understanding.

"I see. I shall endeavor to remember that. I suppose some of the methods I use in...other activities...to read individuals would come in handy here.

At any rate, do you know if there were any important events occurring today? You know I was shut up in my lair for a few days. I had a breakthrough on a project, and didn't want to abandon it mid-stride."

"Nothing especially exciting. Several individuals wishing to live in the sector, all of them most likely Cuprum, from what I've seen of their applications, whom I have to officially welcome in, as is custom. I've had no word from his Majesty regarding anything, so I would assume we are free to continue with the daily tedium."

The slightest of sighs escapes the Cuarta.

"It is times like these that I wish we were actively pursuing diplomacy with Seireitei. The political drama would provide a wonderful amount of distraction. And debate, of course."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 04:03 PM
Ruwa

"You mean the Shinigami?

..."

Mei looks thoughtful for a moment. "That might not be a bad idea, actually... we could gather a lot of valuable information that way...

And, of course, it would be a fun challenge..."

"It sssure would, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"And even if it doesssn't provide any information, Mei-Mei-chan will have another lover to worssship her!~<3" Ruwa smirks.

Talon

Talon rolls her eyes. "Yeah, whatever you say. It'll be fun to watch you bleed..."

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 04:05 PM
"Nothing especially exciting. Several individuals wishing to live in the sector, all of them most likely Cuprum, from what I've seen of their applications, whom I have to officially welcome in, as is custom. I've had no word from his Majesty regarding anything, so I would assume we are free to continue with the daily tedium."

The slightest of sighs escapes the Cuarta.

"It is times like these that I wish we were actively pursuing diplomacy with Seireitei. The political drama would provide a wonderful amount of distraction. And debate, of course."Vicente hummed low to himself.

"More applicants...good, good.

As for diplomacy, I do agree the proceedings would be interesting. Perhaps I'd be able to slip away and hunt more freely, hm?"

He stood and offered the Espada a bow.

"I think I'm going to take my leave from here and go explore the Sector. Perhaps beyond. It is roughly noon-time."

There's just a touch of leer in his voice as he moves to retrieve his cloak from a hook on the wall.

Edge
2010-06-14, 04:10 PM
"Good day, Vincente."

As his Fraccion leaves, Aléjandro carefully returns the chess pieces and board to their storage location, before exiting his quarters himself and making his way down towards the Sector Transfer Office he had had set up in the Argentum Quarter.

riccaru
2010-06-14, 04:18 PM
Sereg looks at the palacio of the espada, Watching the blacony outside Mei's room. Thoughts flash across his mind of visiting the amusing espada, but are quickly shot down by memories of his former visits. He then looks at the other towers around the city, his eyes stopping on the segunda palacio. Sereg weakly slides from the roof of his chapel, putting the watch into a pocket and his sword through his Obi before using Sonido to appear on top of the palacio of Edward, ending up behind the fraccion. "Spying on The Octova, are we? You must know you can get a better view from my sector, if you so wish. Where is the Segunda?" He asks Lalita.

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 04:27 PM
"Good day, Sir Aléjandro."

With that, Vicente slips on the cloak, disappearing from that extra sense that most all spiritual being seem to have. His silent steps and darker clothing allowed him to quickly vanish in the halls of the Palacio.

It wasn't long before he was on top of a nearby building. There, the wind made his cloak flutter a bit, but his signature was still utterly gone. He stood there, contemplating the place that wasn't quite "his" kingdom.

Yet, despite his personal predilection to hunting, he rather liked the setup his master had created. It was orderly and productive.

And every once in a while, an attempted squatter gave him an excellent test subject.

A shake of his head brought him to reality. Reaching into his belt, he pulled out his newest grapnel gun and fired it across a gap.

Silently, he moved through the air, moving from roof to roof like a predator. Even in broad daylight, not many down on the streets noticed him. It was only when he reached the largest sector that he had to resort to moving along at street level. A few alleys allowed him to move outwards with no notice from the lesser beings in the Sector.

Eventually, he reached the edge of the sector closest to his goal: The Eighth Sector.

A grapnel shot allowed him to find a rooftop with the appropriate...angle of view. He lowered himself into a shadowy corner, taking care to make no sudden movements.

His eyes seemed to flex oddly. And then he could view the Octava and her Fraccion with as little trouble as if they had been only 10 feet away.

Slowly, he pulled out a flat black device; a few quick manipulations revealed it to be some sort of camera.

For scientific behavior studies, of course.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 04:36 PM
Ruwa

"It sssure would, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"And even if it doesssn't provide any information, Mei-Mei-chan will have another lover to worssship her!~<3" Ruwa smirks.

Mei nods. "Yes.... I believe that would work very well... but first..."

Mei smirks, and reaches for the curtain.

Frozen_Feet
2010-06-14, 04:39 PM
"Hmmm?" Lalita lowers the binoculars and notes Septima's arrival from the corner of his eye. He then puts them down and jumps up, dusting his white Kimono as he turns to look at his superiors.

"Ah, Lord Septima!", the Fraccion says and bows deeply, his earrings glinting in the artificial sun. "I'm honored by your presence! I'm sad to say I don't know the current whereabouts of dear Master Edward, but I heard he was going to visit the Exequias today."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-14, 04:41 PM
Tark snorted, and beat his chest once.

"Good! You want me to save one of them for you? I'm hungry, but I'm sure I can save something that would fit your tastes."

Was only proper Tark provide for his woman, after all.

Edge
2010-06-14, 04:46 PM
After dealing the paperwork for the new applicants and sending them to their new domiciles, Aléjandro leaves his sector, heading on what he expects to be a pleasant walk made all the more pleasant for the company of The Book of the Dead, still in the original hieroglyphics.

That presumed pleasantry is quickly dispelled when his path leads him almost straight into the middle of Genoveva, Talon and Tark.

"Oh... Primera, Privaron 109... Talon. Good to see you."

riccaru
2010-06-14, 04:48 PM
"In that case I believe I may go visit your unfortunate stalkee. Please refrain from telling Edward I was here." Sereg says, looking at the Octova's palacio before using Sonido to appear on her balcony railing, without waiting for any answer from Lalita. "Mei, are you aware you were creating quite the spectacle earlier? Ruwa was worse in that regard, though. Also, I regret to inform you that a fraccion has been watching you through your window." He says without going inside the building. I wonder if they know I can see them from my palacio all day?

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 04:54 PM
Vicente sighs as the spectacle seems to end. With barely a rustle of cloth, he stood, tucking away the camera. He'd gotten a couple of shots, at least. Some of his contacts would be pleased.

He knew that Aléjandro knew he occasionally dabbled in some of the "seedier" parts of the city. It was tolerated because it was merely a means to an end; that of acquiring means and materials to further improve himself. So long as Vicente kept the business out of the Fourth Sector, there were no problems.

A quick survey revealed his Master out on a stroll.

Vicente decided to try stalking Alejandro from rooftop. He had enormous advantages, but Alejandro was the Cuarta Espada. Vicente thought of it as merely another test for the both of them.

Of course, by the time he was close, his sharp eyes and ears confirmed what his sixth sense hinted at: a gathering of two Espada, and two Privaron.

He settled on a roof, hidden in another shadow, to watch and listen. This should prove entertaining.

Especially with Talon down there.

Steilos
2010-06-14, 05:09 PM
Having found nothing of interest in the Arena, Apolinar strode out of the gates and headed along the road, spying two Espada and two Privaron in the distance. As he got closer, they resolved themselves into Tark, Talon, Alejandro and Genoveva. Passing on the opposite side of the road, he looks them up and down, narrows his eyes slightly then forms the smallest of smirks.

"Hello." Apolinar begins, doffing his helmet.

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 05:18 PM
Talon

Talon doesn't even dignify Alejandro's greeting with a response; the temperature seems to drop around 20 degrees near the dragon girl.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 05:25 PM
After a while, the curtain may rise again, and Mei looks at her Fraccion. "So, do you think we should ask for one of Genoveva's Shinigami? We could always try capturing one ourselves..."

riccaru
2010-06-14, 05:51 PM
Sereg realizes soon that he is at the wrong floor, sonido-ing up to the correct window and saying "Mei, you realize you had a fraccion all hot and bothered by your... Show in here, yes? May I also suggest not gong to the mortal world for a shinigami at this time. Forgive me for imposing, but I overheard you talking about it. The shinigami are looking for any reason at all to encite full on war with our faction, which would reflect badly on the one who gives them a reason, if you catch my drift. He still stands outside the window, not wanting to enter onto any situations. These women are making spectacles of themselves, and destroying the name of the arrancar. If only Von Geister would put them in their place. Though she may enjoy that. He thinks, frowning

horngeek
2010-06-14, 05:57 PM
"Yes, probably because he was watching through a telescope. Since you can't see between the palaces without them.

And your point is taken."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 05:58 PM
Ruwa hums in thought, while wrapping herself up in her silk cloth again. Well, assuming she's free, now. "Well, that would be rissskier... wait."

"...actually, I'm not sssure what is rissskier, talking to Genoveva or capturing one ourssselves."

Ruwa sticks her serpentine tongue out at Sereg when he's looking away.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:01 PM
{{Incidentally, I'm going to call peeping in on Mei's room impossible right now. Unless you're right next to the window. None of this 'I looked accidentally'. :smallannoyed:

The distances involved, as Mei pointed out, mean that 'getting a look' would be impossible without a telescope, anyway.}}

Ruwa isn't free yet, no. Mei will do that when they're back down on the ground.

riccaru
2010-06-14, 06:01 PM
"Angering Von Geister would be riskier, dear Ruwa. If you two are done in there, may I come in, Mei? Las Noches is dreadfully boring today, unfortunately." He says, and will enter through the door on the ground floor if he is allowed.

((Sereg can't see in the room, because of the curtain.))

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:05 PM
{{But still. None of that. You can see Ruwa sunbathing, if you try. But Mei is not peepable on 'accidentally'.}}

Mei nods, and starts carrying Ruwa down to the floor, before releasing her.

She heads over to pull on one of her dresses. "You can come in, Sereg."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 06:10 PM
Ruwa proceeds to clothe herself in her silk strap, then. It's a laborious process, but she's become pretty proficient with it.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:12 PM
Mei looks at her. "Let's go down to meet him then, Ruwa."

riccaru
2010-06-14, 06:14 PM
When the girls mett him he looks at them suspiciously. After what he heard he's surprised they look so presentable. "May I ask why it is you want to get a shinigami in the first place, Mei?" He asks, looking at her deliberately.

Dorizzit
2010-06-14, 06:15 PM
The roof Vicente had settled on is apparently quite popular, as soon after he arrives and hides himself Sabas Fortunato appears nearby in a blur of Sonido. The Quinta Espada silently overlooks the growing gathering of Espada and Privaron, but makes no move to join them or even announce his presence. Vicente probably can't tell if Fortunato is aware of his presence, but if he is he doesn't show it.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:16 PM
By this time, Mei is dressed. "Yes, we are.

And I'd ask for the King's permission first anyway. Apart from our own amusement, this could have tactical advantages, so..."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 06:25 PM
Ruwa shrugs, following after Mei. However, if presentable includes being wrapped in a silk strand that just barely covers her naughty parts, Sereg has an odd definition of the word. "If you think ssso, Mei-Mei-chan.~<3"

Kuroimaken
2010-06-14, 06:35 PM
"Mei-sama." A voice familiar to her ears reaches her as Serazel appears seemingly out of nowhere, having concealed his presence up until he saw an opportunity to join the conversation. Sereg, not being a subordinate of Mei's, neither on official business, did not present a suitable obstacle to his report, concise as it would turn out to be.

"Nothing extraordinary has happened outside of my scouting perimeter."

((For those of you wondering: he wasn't peeking. In fact, he arrived shortly after Sereg did, and hid himself once he perceived what could have been an official visit.))

riccaru
2010-06-14, 06:43 PM
"If you have anything sensitive to tell Mei, I will of course happily take my leave. Just say the word and i'll be gone." Sereg says to Serazel, wanting to hear why Mei needs a shinigami, but at the same time wanting to find something more interesting.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:46 PM
"No, it's all right. Thank you, Serazel.

Sereg, to answer why I'd want one: well, Ruwa suggested it as a diversion, but we could gain quite important information that way. Lust can be as powerful a motivator as any other..."

riccaru
2010-06-14, 06:48 PM
Sereg's eyebrow raises slightly, as he looks from Ruwa to Mei. "A diversion for what? If I may ask..."

Kuroimaken
2010-06-14, 06:48 PM
He actually did lack anything of importance to tell the Octava. But it was still his duty to report back after all. Just because his boss was laid back didn't mean he could slack off, after all - it'd make her look bad.

Given the conversation continued, but he wasn't told to leave, he remained as he was, kneeling. Naturally, the good thing about that was that he didn't have to look up at the practically naked Ruwa and Mei.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 06:50 PM
Well, Mei is quite well dressed, actually. "You don't have to stay kneeling like that..."

She turns to Sereg. "There isn't much going on at the moment, quite frankly..."

riccaru
2010-06-14, 06:57 PM
"Ah, nevermind then. I think I will go see Genoveva now, Good day, ladies. Have fun with your scheming."After their answers he leaves, instead going to his own palacio to pass the time.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-14, 07:01 PM
Genoveva

The Primera shakes her head as she begins to amble away the two towards the palace of the third Espada. Her own business required a certain speed for the message getting out, to ensure it got around before Genoveva's attention shifted from the idea. Her attitude was a bit whimsical in that regard.

Of course, then the Cuatra had to arrive and make things so very much more interesting.

"Aléjandro, how interestin' to see ya in these parts. I was gonna be sendin' a message out to ya soon enough. What brings yer august presence down among us folk?" she drawls out in that uncultured dialect of hers, "Creepie-crawlies eatin' up yer books?"

If anything, she's seems to have forgotten the presence of the Privaron even as her fox-like face looks over her shoulder towards Aléjandro.

AmberVael
2010-06-14, 07:07 PM
Genoveva felt around for the presence of her fellow Espada...or rather the one who'd best be able to reach all of them with a message.

Where are ya feather duster...?

Arcelia would seem to be within her palace, a careful and elaborate construction of white and blue stone that was fairly close to the center of Las Noches. Reaching it would be quite easy, given that Arcelia put emphasis on the positioning of her home, making sure that it would have swift and as direct access as possible to all other parts of Las Noches- which only makes sense, given that she is a messenger.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 07:08 PM
Mei looks at Ruwa. "I might go and see the King now, and ask for his approval for this. Do you want to come along?"

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 07:11 PM
Ruwa nods, flicking her tongue at Serazel playfully. "Sssounds... fun.~<3"

Kuroimaken
2010-06-14, 07:15 PM
"Would you like an escort, Mei-sama?" He knew full well that the likelihood of her actually needing an escort was slim to none, but it was something to do. It beat just running laps around Las Noches.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 07:23 PM
Mei pauses, then nods. "All right, you can come as well, then. Let's go!"

She starts to head out of her room and towards the center of Las Noches- although as a pace her Fraccion can keep up with.

Kuroimaken
2010-06-14, 07:26 PM
Serazel didn't seem to need that great an effort to keep up, but he didn't push ahead either. Every bit the loyal servant.

CMOTDibbler
2010-06-14, 07:30 PM
The roof Vicente had settled on is apparently quite popular, as soon after he arrives and hides himself Sabas Fortunato appears nearby in a blur of Sonido. The Quinta Espada silently overlooks the growing gathering of Espada and Privaron, but makes no move to join them or even announce his presence. Vicente probably can't tell if Fortunato is aware of his presence, but if he is he doesn't show it.

Azmus appears directly behind Sabas. He brings his right arm to his chest in a renaissance-style military salute.
Sir.

Dorizzit
2010-06-14, 07:53 PM
Fortunato does not look at Azmus, but nods to acknowledge his Fracción's presence.

"Azmus."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 07:57 PM
Ruwa hops along, in an obviously good mood. "We get to sssee Parry-kun, too!~<3"

Draken
2010-06-14, 08:03 PM
At the very center of Las Noches is the gateway to the Ciudad Baja. A large structure that houses several round lifts that descend impossibly down into the Forest of Menos section of the city. The largest of which leads down through the very heart of the Palacio Real.

CMOTDibbler
2010-06-14, 08:18 PM
Fortunato does not look at Azmus, but nods to acknowledge his Fracción's presence.

"Azmus."

Are you interested in what the Octava wants, mein herr? Or just observing?

((Mein Herr is german for "Sir".))

KnightDisciple
2010-06-14, 08:24 PM
When the Quinta Espada landed on the roof, Vicente went even stiller than before. Azmus's arrival didn't truly change his actions.

As it was, he was as good as part of the roof itself.

(OOC:In other words, he'd be incredibly hard to detect.)

Shades of Gray
2010-06-14, 08:53 PM
Mei and her fraccion eventually reach the entrance to the Ciudad Baja.

At the gate, she is greeted by a man. He stands fairly tall and his skin is lightly tanned. He wears an off-white scarf and what amount to a skirt. His hair is short and red, tied up with bandages. He carries a bronze bill-hooked halberd and a shortsword. Most apparent of all, there is a large red tattoo of a comet and a moon on his chest. He opens the door and looks at the Espada with a blank expression.

Greetings, Lady Espada and... associates. What is your business here today? He asks in a calm, clear, and... altogether dull tone.

horngeek
2010-06-14, 08:55 PM
Mei nods to him. "Well, I want to speak to the King on a plan that might gain us some intelligence..."

*suddenly imagines Von Geister singing Elvis songs*

Dorizzit
2010-06-14, 09:17 PM
Are you interested in what the Octava wants, mein herr? Or just observing?

((Mein Herr is german for "Sir".))

((Fortunato is watching the meeting between the various Privarons and Espada, not the Octava.))

Fortunato remains still, eyes never wavering from the gathering below.

"Merely observing. Finding this many of Las Noches' more powerful individuals in one place is rare. And interactions between Alejandro and Talon never cease to amuse me."

CMOTDibbler
2010-06-14, 09:26 PM
((Fortunato is watching the meeting between the various Privarons and Espada, not the Octava.))

Fortunato remains still, eyes never wavering from the gathering below.

"Merely observing. Finding this many of Las Noches' more powerful individuals in one place is rare. And interactions between Alejandro and Talon never cease to amuse me."

((Heh heh... Do'h!))

I see.

Azmus quietly stands behind and to the right of of Sabas. He pulls his zanpakuto from his coat, and spins it between the fingers of his right hand.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-14, 09:56 PM
Pico decided after a bit to see Genoveva about maybe tossing him a couple of prisoners from her domain for an upcoming "crusade", wherein he lets his Arrancar Militia loose on his domain, giving them free reign to enforce the law as they see fit until Pico says "stop". He sometimes has prisoners thrown into the fray to give the militia a challenge.

He presses a button on the desk that he was leaning on at the time. A few seconds later, a male voice comes through a speaker. "Yes, Mr. Kurazume?" "I'm gonna head out for a while. Make sure nothing too bad happens, would ya?" "Certainly. Have fun." Pico presses the button again, presumably closing the channel. He then walks to the balcony and puts a foot on the railing "Where I'm going, I don't think I'll have much 'fun'."

He throws the cigarrette over the rail, then Sonídos his way towards the blasted part of his domain, heading straight towards the Primera's Palacio. That was one thing that he hated about being the Decima; his turf was right next to Genoveva, the Primera. Normally, he treats the Espada as his equals, often treating them with what some would call disrespect. But her? He's afraid of her. She is, afterall, probably the most powerful Espada of the group, and by far the most ruthless and sadistic. He is smart enough to realize that it isn't a good idea to trifle with her, and paranoid enough to always be slightly afraid of the possibility of her going on an insane rampage, putting him in the crossfire.

After a few moments, he comes across the group consisting of Aléjandro, Tark, Talon, and Genoveva herself. He lands next to them slightly crouching. After straightening himself up, he gives a sharp nod upwards towards Aléjandro. "'sup" He then turns his head towards Tark and Talon. "I see you all haven't killed each other yet, so that must be a good sign." Then he turns to the Primera herself. "Primera. I want to talk to you about something, if you got the time."

strawberryman
2010-06-14, 10:11 PM
...As soon as Paramonos speaks up, the serpentine Fraccion pounces, glomping onto her fellow Numeros, pressing his head against her assets. "Parry-kuuuuun!~<3"

Edge
2010-06-15, 03:42 AM
Genoveva

The Primera shakes her head as she begins to amble away the two towards the palace of the third Espada. Her own business required a certain speed for the message getting out, to ensure it got around before Genoveva's attention shifted from the idea. Her attitude was a bit whimsical in that regard.

Of course, then the Cuatra had to arrive and make things so very much more interesting.

"Aléjandro, how interestin' to see ya in these parts. I was gonna be sendin' a message out to ya soon enough. What brings yer august presence down among us folk?" she drawls out in that uncultured dialect of hers, "Creepie-crawlies eatin' up yer books?"

If anything, she's seems to have forgotten the presence of the Privaron even as her fox-like face looks over her shoulder towards Aléjandro.

Aléjandro takes Talon's cool disregard in his stride.

"Why, I am perfectly fine, Talon, my thanks for asking."

The Cuarta chuckles at the Primera's questions.

"Hardly, Primera. The Grand Library of Las Noches is impeccably maintained."

He removes a bookmark from a pocket and places it in his book before placing that, in turn, behind his back.

"No, I merely felt like a change of scenery and walk. That aside, what message were you going to send me?"

Shades of Gray
2010-06-15, 11:21 AM
Paramonos puts one arm around Ruwa to make sure that she doesn't fall, but doesn't regard the glomp with any extreme reaction. He tries to look at Ruwa's face. "Hello Ruwa. It's been a while. I hope you are doing well." He says with a hint of a smile. He then looks back at Mei. "Very well. Anything for you and your associates to have more..." He looks briefly at Ruwa again and back at Mei. Intelligence. He deadpans.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-15, 12:24 PM
Genoveva

"Sumthin' private. Ears of Espada only, dontcha know? Don't want to ruin an' of the fun for it starts." Genoveva confides with a down right malicious look on her face. Whatever the Primera was planning, it probably wasn't good for someone. It would be the who that was a mystery until the final act of it had unfolded. "No worries though, eh? Arcelia ain't missed a delivery yet, doubt she'll start now."

Pico's surprise draws a brief look of amusement to her sharp features though, head tilting to the side to observe as yet another Espada arrives in this dingy little street. She keeps the same puzzled look of amusement on her face

...as she abruptly leans on Pico's shoulder, resting her weight on him even as the image fades away without anything to keep it there. Her breath is warm on Pico's cheek as her free hand pats his side.

"Sumthin' good, sumthin' fun, or sumthin' business-like? C'mon, ain't got all day!"

Steilos
2010-06-15, 12:35 PM
Apolinar checks a few more buildings on his way back to the gateway, but eventually gets there. With no one in sight, as he arrived about 30 seconds before Mei did, he heads down the stairs to the Ciudad Baja and is just about to reach the bottom when he hears voices from above. Apolinar frowns as he recognises those voices. What were they doing here? Trying not to dwell on his utter hatred and disgust for the two of them, he stands at the bottom and waits patiently, unable to repress a small sigh.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-15, 01:17 PM
Pico instantly turned his head in shock towards the source of the breath, looking almost bird-like for the second. As she patted him on the side, his skin involuntarily quivered in anticipation. Not the good kind either; the kind of anticipation that a person gets when he is locked in a room with a bomb, expecting the bomb to go off any second. His posture becomes rigid, sliding his way out of her grasp. "Business," he says coldly, "although I gotta admit, lately I've been bored out of my frikkin skull." He relaxes a bit, allowing himself to slack in posture. "I wanna talk to you about throwing me a couple of prisoners of yours to give my boys a bit of a challenge." His face and voice turns angry for a second. "This time, preferably not one that is almost dead." He then turns his head slightly to the side, squinting his eyes at Genoveva. "What happened to that one again?" he said sarcastically.

He then looks around at the group. "What is going on around here anyways? And more importantly," he thumbs towards Talon and Aléjandro, "why is nobody dead?"

Edge
2010-06-15, 01:18 PM
Genoveva

"Sumthin' private. Ears of Espada only, dontcha know? Don't want to ruin an' of the fun for it starts." Genoveva confides with a down right malicious look on her face. Whatever the Primera was planning, it probably wasn't good for someone. It would be the who that was a mystery until the final act of it had unfolded. "No worries though, eh? Arcelia ain't missed a delivery yet, doubt she'll start now."

"Oh. I believe that social convention dictates that I express positive emotion at this revelation, though I am still unsure on whether it would be required to be delivered with a sarcastic tone or not. Either way, I am sure the message will provide some relief from daily monotony."

He nods at the Primera as she turns her attentions to Pico, and then turns to look back at Talon.

"Others may see you as a lost cause, but I will see you hauled from that pit of bubbling hatred that you reside in. You are an excellent warrior, Privaron 104, and would be greater if you would only let go of all emotion."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 02:52 PM
Tark is doing his best to follow the conversations, but the large man is not mentally agile on the best of days. He's getting confused. However Pico says something that interests him. He looks over at Pico smiling.

"I'll give your boys a challenge. How many are you looking to lose?"

Tark never even considered that he'd lose. There was only person who had that honor. And Tark would rectify that loss as soon as he could get his hands on that cheating little...

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 02:57 PM
Talon growls at Alejandro, still not reacting in words.

Is he condescending to me!? Dammit, I swear, I will tear his throat out with my bare hands once I get the chance.

Edge
2010-06-15, 03:05 PM
Aléjandro's mask remains utterly impassive at Talon's animalistic vocalisation.

"Perhaps I was wrong. If you can now only communicate through growls and other animalistic utterances, perhaps you have abandoned all sense of reason altogether. It is a great shame for our cause to lose so fine a warrior to so petty a problem."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-15, 03:42 PM
Genoveva

"'eel Tark, need ya in one piece, rememba?" Genoveva says idly from her perch, not even sparing the time to look down at the Privaron as she does so. It just came naturally to her, the casual ordering of others around.

"Tell ya what Pee-cos. Ya win the game I'm settin' up for all us blades and I'll let ya have yer pick of stock from the Pits. So long as ya provide replacements..." Genoveva says all too cheerfully, giving her fellow a solid pat on the shoulder before leaning back, "But if ya lose...then I get ya."

Her tone was deadly serious, even if she keeps the same mocking look on her face. There was little room for argument on her face, no room for bargaining or even backing out...

"Just kidding!" she says abruptly, snickering wickedly before she turns and begins to saunter off once more, "Ya win and ya'll get some prisoners. Ya lose and ya et less meat to play with, take it or leave it."

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 06:37 PM
Ruwa

Paramonos puts one arm around Ruwa to make sure that she doesn't fall, but doesn't regard the glomp with any extreme reaction. He tries to look at Ruwa's face. "Hello Ruwa. It's been a while. I hope you are doing well." He says with a hint of a smile. He then looks back at Mei. "Very well. Anything for you and your associates to have more..." He looks briefly at Ruwa again and back at Mei. Intelligence. He deadpans.

"Aw, how sssweet. Have you missssed me, Parry-kun?~<3"

Ruwa backs off, allowing Paramonos to do his job as gatekeeper.

Talon

Talon finally turns to Alejandro, giving the Espada a glare that would probably cause a lesser being to pass out in fright, before walking off, digging her sharp nails into Tark's arm, and Pico's shoulder (unless they move, of course).

"Come on. I want to kill some s**t."

horngeek
2010-06-15, 06:40 PM
Mei chuckles at Ruwa's antics, and waits for Paramonos to do his job.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-15, 06:53 PM
Ruwa

"Aw, how sssweet. Have you missssed me, Parry-kun?~<3"

Ruwa backs off, allowing Paramonos to do his job as gatekeeper.

Paramonos

Paramonos smiles, moving his halberd out of the way of the door. "Of course. It gets so... dull without someone like you around. We really must catch up soon." The arrancar says, leaning on the frame of the door, sticking his halberd in the sand. "You have permission to proceed, Lady Espada."

horngeek
2010-06-15, 06:53 PM
Mei nods, and proceeds on to the lift.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-15, 06:56 PM
When Talon dug in to Pico's shoulder, he almost smacked her arm away. "Back off, sister. I didn't say that you, either of you, could 'kill some ****'." He emphasised the quote with the "quote" hand gesture. "Next time I want heads to fly, though, I'll keep you two in mind. If you don't cause your own heads to fly first."

He then takes a crumpled pack of cigarrettes out from his pocket and takes out a cigarrette. He then puts the death stick in his mouth and produces a match out of nowhere, lighting it in and the cigarrette in one smooth motion. He puts out the match by stomping and grinding it with his boot. He takes one long drag, and then breathes it out in a sigh towards the ground. "Why do I think I am going to regret this?" He then looks towards Genoveva, cigarrette in his hand. "Alright Genoveva, Deal. Where, when, who, how many, and what's gonna happen when Von Geister finds out about this?" He counts off the questions as he is saying them with his free hand.

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 08:02 PM
Ruwa

Ruwa waves to Paramonos, following after Mei. "Well, sssee you later, Parry-kun!~<3"

Talon

Talon glares at Pico.

Glares.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-15, 08:02 PM
Genoveva

"Shoulda asked those questions before argreein', huh?"

The Primera waves off the Decima's questions with an ever-growing vicious smirk on her face as she begins to stroll away from the gathering with a more and more complex growing in her mind.

"Dontcha worry 'bout a thang. Just let lil' ol' me handle all the details. If ya lose though, don't go thinkin' about any disappearances in yer realm for the next couple a' weeks, kaaayyy?" Genoveva tosses back over her shoulder, giving a deceptively cheerful wave back to those who had been gathered. Then she was quite simply gone.

---

Well...not gone but making her way towards the palace of Arcelia at a fast clip with an all too pleased look on her face...

Shades of Gray
2010-06-15, 08:04 PM
"I will see you later, Ruwa..." Paramonos says almost disappointedly (It is hard to tell with his usual tone), before standing up straight and returning to his duties once more.

nothingclever
2010-06-15, 08:14 PM
After much time flying about Edward finally found Genoveva. He picked up his pace and then jumped towards her pouncing like a panther in front of her path. "How's my favourite arrancar doing?" His face beamed as he spoke.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-15, 08:20 PM
Pico doesn't even acknowledge Talon's glare, being too busy doing some glaring of his own, his glare directed at where Genoveva was. "That son of a..." For a second his jaw was agape in utter dumbfoundment. He then threw his cigarrette to the ground and stomped it once furiously. "I KNEW I was gonna regret this." He then walks away from the group, steaming in anger. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I gotta go set up a frikkin' patrol. God frikkin'..." Then he lapses into a string of cursing that could make a sailor blush as he Sonídos back to his Palacio for a stiff drink...and by stiff drink, I mean down a bottle of strong booze over the course of the day.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 08:24 PM
Tark watches Pico go, sniggering softly.

"Jenny isn't the son of anyone... unless I've been fooled. Nor are you a gentleman."

Tark turned to Talon, and shrugged.

"What was I doing just now?"

Kuroimaken
2010-06-15, 09:53 PM
Serazel sighed as he moved past Paramonos. Whenever he got embarassed or nervous by certain circunstances, he slipped back an unusual mannerism in his voice.

"We... musn't be very well-liked in Las Noches, kara."

He liked to think he was intelligent, at least.

Draken
2010-06-15, 10:17 PM
The lift drops.

And at the speed it moves, it might as well be free-falling. Any other speed would not suffice to take people through the Ciudad Baja after all.

The lift loses speed suddenly upon reaching the level of the throne chamber. Leaving Mei and her entourage before one of the ten vast doors of the room.

horngeek
2010-06-15, 10:20 PM
Mei walks forwards. And knocks.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-15, 10:24 PM
In front of Genoveva's path turned out not to be the safest path to be. Not because she attached Edward on reflex but because at the speed she was going...there wasn't any time to stop! The Primera had enough time to widen her eyes in surprise and tuck her shoulder down in front of her.

She barrels into Edward at rather impressive speeds before tumbling and rolling right up to her feet. The look of sadistic amusement no longer sat smugly on her face, but she didn't seem particularly worried either.

"Edward? What's yer techni-colored arse doing out and about? No one left ter decorate yer quarter?" Genoveva says, teasing playfully even as she saunters over to Edward and offers him a hand up if he might need it.

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 10:25 PM
Ruwa hangs onto Mei as the lift drops, fighting a scream the whole way.

...Then, calmly follows after her Espada, mimicking her nonchalant nature. :smalltongue:

Draken
2010-06-15, 10:38 PM
The door creaks open into the large round room, at the center of which is the, throne, raised by several steps, upon which sits the Ghost King.

And before him, a squad of shinigami, most of them standing on their feet, but a few with their knees on the floor, held in place by unseen forces.

Von Geister looks up to the arrivals, taking his attention off of a shinigami woman who falls on her knees in front of the throne, just as the king himself rises to his feet and walks down the stairs towards the trio.

"Mei, my dear Octava Espada, and with Ruwa and Serazel, no less. What brings the three of you here?"

horngeek
2010-06-15, 10:39 PM
Mei bows. "A... plan, you might say, my liege."

Mei proceeds to outline the idea Ruwa had and potential benefits. :smalltongue:

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 10:45 PM
Most of the Shinigami listened to the plan with a distinterested air. Asaka was among them. Whatever their will to resist had been, it was long since gone. But a few of them began to struggle. Those that had not been broken still hoped for freedom, and struggled at this new plan to turn them.

nothingclever
2010-06-15, 11:01 PM
Edward had no need of help to right himself. Immediately after being knocked back and off his feet he stood up in a single blur of motion as if nothing had happened. He was an expert at such recoveries. He had an image to preserve. "Isn't it obvious? I was looking for you darling. What else would I be doing? So, what are you up to today? Did you finally come to your senses and realize your feelings for me? Is that why you came running in such a hurry?" Edward's voice was cool and filled with confidence. He stared boldly into her eyes as if he were bewitched by her beauty and trying to instill the same feeling within her for him.

Draken
2010-06-15, 11:03 PM
Von Geister listens intently to the two or three lines delivered. Not a particularly complex plan, really.

"That's what I like about you Mei, putting the fun back in functionality! Lucky you, I have just had this batch delivered with the Conductor's help, stumbled on something they shouldn't had, the poor things. We only barely saved a few of them from the broodlings."

A white tentacle busts from the floor, grasping one of the shinigami by a leg and pulling him back to Von Geister, lifitng the man upside down in front of Mei and Ruwa.

"This one looks good to the two of you ladies? His mind is still his own, even."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 11:08 PM
Jiro realized he'd been picked, and resolved himself to take it like the experienced, brave member of the 13th he knew he was. The Shinigami tried to struggle, but the force that restrained him from speaking or moving didn't give an inch. He was forced to just go along with it, more like a sack of potato's then a Soul Reaper. The only thing that was free was his eyes, which gazed hatefully at everyone in the room, with the exception of the other Shinigami.

horngeek
2010-06-15, 11:08 PM
Mei smiles. "That works quite well, thank you, my liege."

She walks over, and starts to bind him with her silk.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 11:15 PM
Jiro's baleful gaze turned on Mei as she began wrapping them in her Silk. The hatred he exuded was almost palpable. He was unable to move, or even react, but he would not let them think that he would be beaten so easily.

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 11:15 PM
Ruwa fights off a frown at Von Geister's recognition of Mei for her plan.

But, then, the candidate for the experiment in question is presented. She seductively approaches, leaning down eye-to-eye with the shinigami. "Well, well... don't you look angry. Well, that'll change assss sssoon asss Mei-Mei-chan and I give you a little... persssuasssion.~<3" She playfully licks at Jiro's face with her serpentine tongue, even going so far as to intrude on his lips, before backing off.

horngeek
2010-06-15, 11:16 PM
"The idea was actually Ruwa's, my liege."

Mei does like to give credit where it's due.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 11:17 PM
Jiro is not impressed. The Tongue that slips between them is met with attempt to bite down. Hard. Jiro's eyes begin flickering between the two of them.

Draken
2010-06-15, 11:24 PM
Von Geister drops his own restraints on Jiro once Mei has him safely under her own binds, and then drops him from the white tentacle as well, the thing retracting through the ground, back to the base of the king's cane.

And then he turns to Ruwa, after Mei's comment.

"Well, indeed, credit where it is due. Ruwa, I hope you and Mei endear this one to our cause like only the two of you can.

The others... Reene will be happy to know, once she returns, that we have new children. Isn't that right, Asaka?"

Von Geister speaks the last line back to the woman close to the throne room.

horngeek
2010-06-15, 11:26 PM
"Indeed, my liege. And if it doesn't work... well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose.

If it does work, it might be worth trying again."

Mei starts carrying the Shinigami off, once he's been released from the tentacle.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-15, 11:26 PM
Asaka Kishi

Asaka didn't move a muscle, remaining on her knee's staring at the ground with unseeing eyes.

"As you say, father."

Her voice was dead, just a flat sound. No conviction, but no resistance.

---

Jiro Sato

The moment the King's restraints were released, Jiro began to squirm in his silk restraints, mumurring profanities at best he could at every being he could remember.

strawberryman
2010-06-15, 11:31 PM
Ruwa backs off before Jiro has a chance to bite at her tongue. "Heh-heh... feisssty, too. You'll be fun to break.~<3"

She then turns her attention to Von Geister with a low bow. "Thank you, Your Excellency, I'm honored." Notable for once she's not using her sing-song, pseudo-seductive tone...

...Then follows after Mei, nearly skipping. "What do you think, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan?~<3"

horngeek
2010-06-15, 11:58 PM
"Well, I think this will be a good... diversion."

She grins.

Then looks at the Shinigami. "Now, now. Language."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-16, 12:00 AM
Jiro return's Mei's statement with a particuraly loud muffled curse.

horngeek
2010-06-16, 12:02 AM
Mei will carry the Shinigami back onto the lift. "So, where to keep him..."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 12:11 AM
Genoveva

A sharp peal of laughter cuts through the air at Edward's words, the Primera grabbing hold of herself as she rocks back and forth as she pelts out the highly entertained laughter.

"Ya think that's why I'm out in 'ese parts? C'mon Edward-kun, ya know me better. Always 'is or 'at. Ain't no rest for the wicked, not in our line of work." Genoveva comments off-hand, if nothing else she always did find Edward's presence to be entertaining in one sense or another. Maybe that was why she didn't mind him as much as the others. If nothing else he was always good for a chuckle or three. "But Ah have to admit, yer growing on me pretty boy. Maybe someday I'll invite ya to the tippy-top of my tower, eh? Mei thinks she can give a show with...Ruwa..."

Genoveva draws close, smile slowly growing with something akin to...well it wasn't quite warmth, but it was certainly similar.

"But I can turn yer world in and out." she veritably purrs, nary an inch away from Edward's own face...

"Just kiddin'! I got some business with Arcelia befoe da real fun starts. Ya wanna come along and I'll explain along the way?" Genoveva's 'lusty' facade drops in a second with those two words, replaced by a wicked and...angry grin. The Primera had something nasty on the mind, but Edward had likely been around her enough to tell it wasn't directed at him...

Free Hand
2010-06-16, 12:19 AM
Pan

Pan peered down at Los Noches from the highest vantage point within his section of the white city. He often engrossed himself watching the diminutive figures scurry about in the avenues below. In the last few years he'd taken to watching them upside down, hanging from the stone railing by his legs. Although he'd long gotten used to the vertigo his fascination with the strange perspective had prompted Pan to do other things upside down.

As Pan hung from the tower in his usual position, he attempted to follow one tiny dot in particular. This was significantly harder upside down for some reason. This time he had manged to keep with one for slightly over ten minutes until the looming presence of a Gillian heading the opposite way blocked his line of sight. He knew he was watching it for at least that long because he had a watch that told him so. He glanced at it now to see how long he had managed this time. He was certain the watch was brand new, it was attached to a short chain and he could actually hold it in the palm of his hand. It also had a tiny nob to wind it up, he wasn't to sure about how he could keep the thing accurate here though.. Pan briefly considered calling a stop to leisurely game but, as far as he knew, things were in order and he had nothing pressing he had to handle. Reassured, Pan blithely turned to examine the dots down another street.

strawberryman
2010-06-16, 12:39 AM
"Well, we could ssshare him, if Mei-Mei-chan wissshesss.~<3" Ruwa switches her gaze between her Espada and their new 'toy', giving him playful yet predatory looks, just before she braces herself for the lift ride back up.

nothingclever
2010-06-16, 12:39 AM
Edward quite enjoyed her act. It certainly was most titillating. He didn't mind being toyed with. He'd likewise play with the mental imagery she conjured up for him and be content with that for now. Edward chuckled slyly. "The real joke is that you believe those aren't your true desires. Don't worry, when you come around I'll gladly accept you." His words carried the same impish tone she had taken with him a moment ago and were followed by another temporary flirtatious look. He then returned to his regular casual way of speaking. "Anyways, of course I'll follow along. Your presence alone is enough to keep me entertained."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 01:20 AM
Genoveva

The Primera's laughter returns once more as the thin-bodied arrancar gives Edward a solid pat on the back.

"See? That's what Ah like about ya Edward. Emotionally, yer like a fat chick. Able to take a hit." Genoveva says off-hand in a remarkably casual way. Makes it hard to tell whats an insult and whats not. "Just me, eh? No love for Arcelia?"

Without waiting for Edward to answer, Genoveva takes off once more with her gaze fixated on the white and blue building that marked where her target most likely was. And along the way she could fill in the Segunda on her little game...

===

And then, all too soon, Genoveva was pushing open the door to the third Espada's personal palace without a second thought for who might be home.

"Yoooooo hoooooo! Arceliiiaaaaaa!"

Dorizzit
2010-06-16, 05:47 AM
As the group dissipates, Sabas turns away, no longer interested in those that remain. He walks away from the edge of the roof until he is standing somewhere in the middle. He looks back at his Fracción.

"Azmus, we are done here. Vicente, give my regards to Aléjandro."

He disappears, his sonido carrying him away.

Edge
2010-06-16, 06:11 AM
Talon finally turns to Aléjandro, giving the Espada a glare that would probably cause a lesser being to pass out in fright, before walking off, digging her sharp nails into Tark's arm, and Pico's shoulder (unless they move, of course).

"Come on. I want to kill some s**t."

"It was pleasant seeing you, Talon. I hope the rest of your day is productive."

With that, the Cuarta takes his book out from behind his back and resumes reading it, continuing with his walk.

"Hmm... interesting. I shall have to mention this to the soul and reincarnation researchers."

CMOTDibbler
2010-06-16, 06:13 AM
As the group dissipates, Sabas turns away, no longer interested in those that remain. He walks away from the edge of the roof until he is standing somewhere in the middle. He looks back at his Fracción.

He disappears, his sonido carrying him away.

Ja, mein herr.

Azmus sonidos off after Sabas.

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 08:06 AM
And then, all too soon, Genoveva was pushing open the door to the third Espada's personal palace without a second thought for who might be home.

"Yoooooo hoooooo! Arceliiiaaaaaa!"

The gold etched, towering double doors fling open beneath the Espada's touch, revealing the entry hall. Stone walls sweep upwards and curve in towards the center, with crystal clear windows positioned towards the top, letting the light shine down in directed beams. White stone pillars uphold the roof, and the same stone beneath them is partially covered with a long, blue carpet that leads towards the other end of the hall.

All along the hall's length are doors, positioned at regular intervals, tucked just out of the way so they're not as easy to notice, especially given that many are designed not to stand out from the stonework (though they're not precisely hidden). Out of these doors, various hollows and even a few mortals move in and out, keeping quiet as they perform their duties.

At the very end of the hall, however, the stone floor raises, steps leading up to a magnificent throne of gold, white woods, and sapphires strewn across its surface. Behind it, a particularly large window is positioned just right, so that the natural light will focus down on it, illuminating its surface, and anyone seated in it.

One less familiar with Arcelia would expect her to be seated in this throne. However, she never uses it. Why she had it made at all (let alone made as the focus of her palace) is somewhat of a mystery, given that she very pointedly never even touches it. Because of this strange behavior of hers, there is a smaller chair just to the throne's right, which Arcelia will sometimes occupy- such as now.

The golden haired Espada watches the entrance of Genoveva and Edward with a small smile and relaxed eyes, seeming entirely comfortable and completely in control at the same time. One of her many servants is at her side, a fraccion who kneels next to Arcelia's chair, eyes downcast as she waits for any commands, seeming submissive and reverent at the same time.

"Genoveva. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Arcelia's voice is smooth, perfectly cadenced, mesmerizing in its mastery of tone and rhythm.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 12:14 PM
Genoveva

If Genoveva is impressed by the fanciful interior of the building then it doesn't show on her perpetually smiling expression, but she does take another moment or two to look about before advancing down towards the open throne and occupied chair beside it.

"Arcelia! Been too long, what's kept ya from payin' me a visit?" Genoveva calls across the hallway, crossing the final distance and casting a disinterested glance at the other arrancar and even mortals who dwell inside the palace as well. She stands beside the illuminated throne, leaning against the arm of it even as she takes stock of the kneeling fraccion for a brief moment.

"She 'ere before? Don't recognize her..." Which wasn't too surprising, Genoveva's memories for any non-Espada, or those who used to be one, was remarkably poor.

"But Ah came here to pay a little visit Arcelia-chaaan. See if ya won' take a message to da other blades fer me, got a shindig in mind. Been too long since we all got together, eh?"

Kuroimaken
2010-06-16, 12:24 PM
((ACK! My apologies... I suffered a major injury yesterday and was unable to post in time.))

Throughout the entire thing, Serazel fought back the trembling he felt in Von Geister's presence. The King of Hollows inspired great terror in Serazel, despite the fact he was his liege before even Chang Mei. There was something in his demeanor that shook him to the core. As such, once they left his presence, the fraccion was still in his 'state of spirit' that provided that particular mannerism.

"It wouldn't do to let Mei-sama shoulder this burdensome fellow, kara. Please allow me to carry him, kara."

He mentally chastised himself for not taking the fellow immediately as soon as they would be to leave the throne room; it was not polite to let his Espada so much as suggest carrying him herself, unless it was her wish.

KnightDisciple
2010-06-16, 12:35 PM

He disappears, his sonido carrying him away.Vicente's eyes narrowed slightly.

He'd need to adjust the cloak's design to compensate for the apparent ability Sabas has to detect him.

After both beings are gone from the roof, he quickly airwalks off, hopping to a nearby roof, and continuing the chain in silent "pursuit" of Alejandro. The game continued, after a fashion.

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 01:38 PM
"You know how I dislike showing up uninvited, Genoveva. It's important to me to show the proper respect to my fellows."
Arcelia smiles in return, standing gracefully as Genoveva approaches.
"And no, she is relatively new."
Arcelia gestures for the fraccion to rise, and then leave, which she does dutifully, hurrying out as quickly as she can without seeming rude.

As Genoveva alludes to the purpose of her visit, Arcelia raises her eyebrows, a bit of curiosity in her eyes.
"What did you have in mind?"

Steilos
2010-06-16, 01:39 PM
Apolinar walks off, muttering to himself as the lazy gits used the lift instead of the stairs, and heads down to the practice grounds to observe what was what. Upon getting to the grounds, the first thing he saw was someone standing in a slouch, gazing uninterestedly at the training. Apolinar scowled and plucked the slouch up by his hair, wrenching him up to a proper standing position. "You will STAND UP when on duty, you miserable laybout!"
"S-sir!" The Arrancar went stiff as a board, and when Apolinar let him go, the Numeros actually rocked slightly on the spot. "Perfect. Don't let me catch you doing it again..." Apolinar left the threat hanging and went off to observe the others.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 02:02 PM
"Ya know me Arcelia, I ain't much for formality or posturin' and yer always welcome in my home, just like everyone else. Too few take me up on 'at invite though." Genoveva says off hand as her arms cross over her chest, face twisting to follow the fraccion as she hurried out before snickering and looking back at the owner of this cathedral-esque building.

"She seems like a catch, keep 'er away from Mei though, eh?" Genoveva says with her ever-present grin, giving a little shake of her head, "Nuthin' else she seems well trained, how'd ya do it?"

However Genoveva's attention shifts just as quickly when Arcelia reminds her of her original purpose, prompting the Primera to rise from her spot leaning against the throne and to sweep her arms out expansively.

"Why...a grand melee with each of us blades pickin' a champion ta fight on our behalf! Last champion standing gets the roar of the crowds as a prize, who knows? Maybe un of us will get a 'ew fraccion from it. As for us..'e bet and gamble on da fight for evah we want. 'eck, I already found mah fighter and made a bet myself. A real good ol' chance to get togetha and have a good ol' time like only Las Noches can provide!"

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 02:34 PM
Arcelia lets Genoveva speak, not giving her a response on the first issues, though her expression becomes somewhat annoyed at the mention of Mei. The look swiftly clears from her face, but it leaves behind the impression that Mei was much too promiscuous for her tastes. As Genoveva lays out her main subject, however, Arcelia listens closely, weighing it in her mind.

"Your taste in sport is something I find rather baffling, but I suppose I could pass along a message to the others."
Arcelia says, in a somewhat aloof manner. Genoveva would be aware that haughtiness wasn't her usual attitude, though she does get a bit uptight around the issue of combat, so maybe it was just that...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 03:00 PM
"What's da matter Arcelia? Ah know ya don't like fightin' but surely ya enjoy manipulatin' the others!" Genoveva says coyly, "Readin' a person in a fight is just as easy as readine'em in a conversation, which yer good at. Ya'll probably be able to tell who's gonna win and bet right for it."

Genoveva sidles closer, leaning over the arm of Arcelia's chair to whisper softly into her ear. One hand reaches out to rest on the Tereca's back while the other caresses along the side of Arcelia's throat as the Primera speaks to her.

"Ah know how much ya luv to play da social game, tis all this is. Maneuverin' and schemin' based on whatcha are watchin'. Hell...Ah got Pico to agree to a bet...where all his fighter has to do is lose and Ah I get however many beasts from his sector to add to mah collection. He's facing odds of one against nine others, just because he was distracted." her voice comes softly but excitedly, obviously all too pleased with how she had pulled a fast one over on the Decima. It might seem odd, to one that didn't know Genoveva' for her to take such delight in tormenting her own allies, but such was the Primera. No bond was truly unbreakable, just a matter of how durable it was. Though Genoveva did enjoy the company of the Segunda and Tres simply because they held such a position over the other Espada.

"And 'hat's just Pico, 'ust think of who else I can pull one over on...just think of who you could pull one over on..." Genoveva whispers into Arcelia's ear before leaning back with a soft chortle, "Or is it that ya don't have a champion to pick? That the case, ya can always borrow a prisoner from me to fight for ya."

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 03:43 PM
Intimate and teasing as Genoveva's touch is, Arcelia seems not to react to it- she does not recoil, or respond positively. Instead, delicately, as if removing lint from her clothes, Arcelia plucks Genoveva's hand from her neck after a few moments, and turns to regard her, leaning more casually in her chair, so she has to look up at her.

"I don't believe I have anyone to contribute, and I'm sure you already plan on fielding your best- so borrowing someone from you would really only seal my defeat, wouldn't it?"
The Espada asks, not really expecting an answer. She smirks just a little, stretching out her arms behind her, the long white gloves that cover them smoothing out perfectly with the motion.
"I'll let the others have the fun of fielding their servants, but maybe I'll make an appearance."

Her tone is infuriatingly noncommittal.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 04:31 PM
Genoveva snickers once more as she's pushed away, shrugging a moment as she stands up and stretches languidly. Slowly she strolls away from Arcelia towards where Edward is standing, only spinning about once she was standing beside the Segunda.

"My best? Ah ain't even fieldin' one of my own! I ain't got no champions so I figured to use someone else. I got plenta desperate fools willing to die on the chance of gettin' some time free. Sure ya don't want one?" Genoveva asks once more, even as she gives a playful sigh, "Ahh, Arcellliaaaa-chaaan...don't tell me ya'll let me down like that! All us Espada need to show up, even if we ain't takin' part. Try to get the word out soon though, eh?"

Genoveva turns once more, sauntering idly towards the exit with little thought if Edward might be following her at the moment.

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 04:54 PM
[Arcelia's Palace]

Arcelia gets up from her chair as Genoveva turns away, and reaches out to catch her shoulder and make her pause before she manages to get too far away.
"I should tell them when and where this is taking place, correct? Are those details my decision?"
She raises an eyebrow, a small, amused smile across her lips.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-16, 05:07 PM
Genoveva

The Primera's head snaps around when Arcelia's hand alights on her, something dangerous in her posture for a moment before it passes.

"Go ahead Arcelia, have some fun with the 'when' but the where is Sereg's arena. Got it?"

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 05:15 PM
[Arcelia's Palace]

Arcelia just grins a bit at Genoveva's reaction.
"Relax, Genoveva"
She says, her voice reassuring, adopting a caring tone which rings a bit sarcastic.
"I'll take care of it."
Her fingers trail over Genoveva's shoulders for a brief moment as she walks around the other Espada, giving her a little smirk before Arcelia makes her way out the door, then vanishes with a crackle of sound and burst of speed.

nothingclever
2010-06-16, 05:40 PM
Edward was a tad disappointed that he didn't even manage to get so much as a single word in before the exchange ended between the two lovely ladies. He wordlessly followed Genoveva out and to wherever she would lead them.

Moon Wolf
2010-06-16, 08:21 PM
Pan

Pan peered down at Los Noches from the highest vantage point within his section of the white city. He often engrossed himself watching the diminutive figures scurry about in the avenues below. In the last few years he'd taken to watching them upside down, hanging from the stone railing by his legs. Although he'd long gotten used to the vertigo his fascination with the strange perspective had prompted Pan to do other things upside down.

As Pan hung from the tower in his usual position, he attempted to follow one tiny dot in particular. This was significantly harder upside down for some reason. This time he had manged to keep with one for slightly over ten minutes until the looming presence of a Gillian heading the opposite way blocked his line of sight. He knew he was watching it for at least that long because he had a watch that told him so. He glanced at it now to see how long he had managed this time. He was certain the watch was brand new, it was attached to a short chain and he could actually hold it in the palm of his hand. It also had a tiny nob to wind it up, he wasn't to sure about how he could keep the thing accurate here though.. Pan briefly considered calling a stop to leisurely game but, as far as he knew, things were in order and he had nothing pressing he had to handle. Reassured, Pan blithely turned to examine the dots down another street.

Katarina

From somewhere inside the building, there came a muffled yelp. Katarina's head poked out of a window, her eyes full of concern. Pan-sama, I wish you'd stop doing that! It scares me that you'll fall! I know it's silly to think so, but...she clasped her hands together and blushed. It's my job, really, to worry about you.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-16, 08:37 PM
Eventually, Pico lands on the balcony of his Palacio. He angrily jogs towards his desk, his coat flowing behind him, and slams a button on his desk. After a few moments of tapping his fingers impatiently on the desk, he presses it a couple more times. Almost immediately afterwards, a deep, tough voice comes through the speakers. "Well now. Its been a while since you called..." "Yeah I know, listen up. I need you to set up patrols around the area, each one carrying a guy that can run away whenever there is trouble. I want that guy to be on the lookout for the Primera and the [I]second she steps on my turf, I want one of those guys to tell me about, capiche?" "...Aright. How many do you..." "I DON'T CARE! Just get me enough to cover the whole frikkin' place would ya?" He abruptly jams on the button and heads towards the compartment where he keeps his booze. He then takes out a 100-proof bottle of...something. The label is so old it doesn't even say what it is anymore. He uncorks the bottle, takes out a cylindrical glass and fills it with the contents of the bottle. He downs it within a couple of seconds. He then gets an idea. He corks the bottle, keeps the glass in hand, then goes off towards Mei's Palacio with an electric whine and a small sonic boom.

When he reaches the Palacio, he touches down in front of the front door. He then literally kicks open the door and waltzes in, not caring for any...sights he might end up seeing. "MEI! HEY MEI! WHERE ARE YA?" Noticing she isn't there at the time, Pico goes wandering around in search of her.

horngeek
2010-06-16, 08:45 PM
"Well, we could ssshare him, if Mei-Mei-chan wissshesss.~<3" Ruwa switches her gaze between her Espada and their new 'toy', giving him playful yet predatory looks, just before she braces herself for the lift ride back up.

Mei smirks, and hands the prisoner to her Fraccion. "That would work."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-16, 08:48 PM
Jiro does his best to make his feelings on the subject heard, but as they consisted of mostly profanities, it was probably for the best that they couldn't be.

AmberVael
2010-06-16, 08:54 PM
[Séptimo de Dominio]

Arcelia arrives just outside the cathedral of Sereg Arturo, relaxed and confident. Sure, she was about to tell him that there was an event that was going to take place in his domain, which he didn't yet know about, but it wasn't like it was her doing. She was pretty sure that if he took offense, she could just drop blame on Genoveva, and that would be that.

Besides, he might like the idea. Maybe.

Either way, Arcelia approaches his lair, searching for him with pesquisa.

strawberryman
2010-06-16, 09:09 PM
After the lift rises and the door opens, Ruwa steps out, giving Paramonos a wave. "Sssorry, Parry-kun, we're a little busssy, ssso I guessss we'll have to catch up another time.~<3"

Shades of Gray
2010-06-16, 09:15 PM
Paramonos

Paramonos barely raises an eyebrow as Ruwa and Mei return, apparently bringing along a prisoner. "It is fine, Ruwa. It is not like I have anywhere to go. Farewell." He says in his usual calm tone while he polishes his bronze halberd.

Free Hand
2010-06-16, 09:45 PM
Katarina

From somewhere inside the building, there came a muffled yelp. Katarina's head poked out of a window, her eyes full of concern. Pan-sama, I wish you'd stop doing that! It scares me that you'll fall! I know it's silly to think so, but...she clasped her hands together and blushed. It's my job, really, to worry about you.
Pan
Pan struggled to maintain his legs' grip on the edge at the sound. A guilty look took over his face as Katarina's own came into sight. Pan couldn't help but feel distressed whenever she worried about him like this. Whenever he saw her like this he would work desperately to reassure her.

Theres no need to fret really! Not that I will, I really wouldn't, but Canary-san is waiting down there incase someone, Not me, falls.

Pan waves one arm to something down below. A Gillian, presumably Canary-san, is looking up from there and waves back. Pan turns away from the sight of the hollow to look back at Katarina.

See Katarina? Everything is fine. There's no danger, never any at all.

riccaru
2010-06-16, 10:01 PM
Sereg awaits Arcelia patiently, watching her from atop his palacio. When she doesn't immediately notice him, he spikes his reiatsu sharply, allowing her to easily find him with her sensing. "Arcelia, my honored guest. How are you today? Rather, what brings you to my domain, this fine day?"

Kuroimaken
2010-06-16, 10:32 PM
"Paramonos." Serazel nodded lightly in the gatekeeper's direction.

"Mei-sama. Will you require my help with your procedures?"

Moon Wolf
2010-06-17, 10:46 AM
Pan
Pan struggled to maintain his legs' grip on the edge at the sound. A guilty look took over his face as Katarina's own came into sight. Pan couldn't help but feel distressed whenever she worried about him like this. Whenever he saw her like this he would work desperately to reassure her.

Theres no need to fret really! Not that I will, I really wouldn't, but Canary-san is waiting down there incase someone, Not me, falls.

Pan waves one arm to something down below. A Gillian, presumably Canary-san, is looking up from there and waves back. Pan turns away from the sight of the hollow to look back at Katarina.

See Katarina? Everything is fine. There's no danger, never any at all.

Katarina smiled. That's a relief. Although, I've always wondered how you can hang upside down for so long, without getting dizzy...

horngeek
2010-06-17, 03:59 PM
"Paramonos." Serazel nodded lightly in the gatekeeper's direction.

"Mei-sama. Will you require my help with your procedures?"

"Probably not, Serazel. This is more something Ruwa and I should do."

More Mei than Ruwa, probably. But there is no excuse for bad grammar!

AmberVael
2010-06-17, 04:05 PM
Sereg awaits Arcelia patiently, watching her from atop his palacio. When she doesn't immediately notice him, he spikes his reiatsu sharply, allowing her to easily find him with her sensing. "Arcelia, my honored guest. How are you today? Rather, what brings you to my domain, this fine day?"

Arcelia swiftly makes her way up to Sereg's perch, sweeping through the air with ease before coming to rest relatively nearby... though perhaps with a bit of notable distance between them. Just in case he decides to go crazy, like some Espada like to when they're mad.
"Genoveva asked me to extend and invitation to all of the other Espada. I wasn't planning on delivering the invitations personally, but due to its nature..."

Somewhat amused, she gives a little bow before proceeding.
"Genoveva would like to invite you, and all the other Espada, to an arena match, with each of us providing a champion to fight on our behalf. The location she specified was your arena."

strawberryman
2010-06-17, 04:16 PM
"Indeed, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3" Ruwa bobs back and forth in a mini-dance as she walks along. "Ssshi-Ssshi-kun looksss like he'll be fun to crack, don't you think, Mei-Mei-chan?~<3"

horngeek
2010-06-17, 04:20 PM
"Yes, he will."

Mei chuckles, as they arrive back at her palace.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-17, 04:38 PM
[Mei's Palacio]

The instant Mei and crew walk through the door, Pico almost flys halfway down a set of stairs, then rests on the railing, looking down on Mei herself rather crossly. He decided to take a few drinks, as evidenced by the now uncorked bottle in one hand and the half-full glass in the other. "Mei! Where the crap have you been?! I've been looking all over the d*** place for you." He then notices the "package" slung over Serazel's shoulder. His eyebrow crooks in confusion, and hesitatingly points at it with the index finger on the hand holding the glass, fearing the worst. It seems like not much else could happen today other than the worst. "...Mei. What the crap is that?"

horngeek
2010-06-17, 04:46 PM
"That would be a Shinigami given to us by the King to see if we can break him."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-17, 04:59 PM
[Mei's Palace]

He was just about to take another drink from his glass when Mei said the word "Shinigami". If he were human, his heart would've stopped. As he is though, he just stopped drinking from the glass before any liquid could pass his lips. He then turned back to Mei, a look of shock in his face. "WHAT?! How did he get it? When did he get it?" And what in the sweet name of my *** is he thinking? He said (and thought) all of that in a blur of words, syllables running into each other like a train wreck.

horngeek
2010-06-17, 05:20 PM
"I don't know where he got him. Might have been an ambush of some sort. But I think he's be smarter than to alert the other Shinigami, don't you?"

strawberryman
2010-06-17, 05:50 PM
Ruwa [Pasilla Octava]

Ruwa waves at Pico. "Hiiii, Pico-Pico-kuuuuun!~<3" She gives the Espada a predatory wink.

Draken
2010-06-17, 05:56 PM
A sudden gloom falls over Pico.

Kuroimaken
2010-06-17, 06:16 PM
"I suppose I shall put this sorry excuse for a Shinigami down at your torture chambers, then." Serazel noted.

He mostly just needed an excuse to get away from Pico.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-17, 06:21 PM
"Yeah, I guess you're right. Been paranoid like you can't frikkin' believe recently, even moreso today." He then takes a drink from the glass, then notices Ruwa, in all of her scantily clad glory. He acknowledges her wink with an upward jerk of his head. "Heya Ruwa. 'sup?" He then points towards the silk strap that is her clothing. "Still haven't gotten around to the shopping part, eh? Ah well, what I'm here for, you might be interested in." Pico notices Serazel just before he leaves. "Yo, Serazel! Got any juicy bits of information yet?" Pico then feels the gloom that hangs over him. He then lifts his head as though he heard something. What the...Oh yeah. I forgot. He thinks to no one in particular. He then looks over his shoulder, directing his thoughts to what he believes is the source. Relax, My Lord. I'm not planning to stab you in the back or anything, nor do I think I could right now even if I wanted to. Like I said, I'm paranoid whenever someone says something along the lines of, 'I have a Shinigami' nowadays.

riccaru
2010-06-17, 10:22 PM
Arcelia swiftly makes her way up to Sereg's perch, sweeping through the air with ease before coming to rest relatively nearby... though perhaps with a bit of notable distance between them. Just in case he decides to go crazy, like some Espada like to when they're mad.
"Genoveva asked me to extend and invitation to all of the other Espada. I wasn't planning on delivering the invitations personally, but due to its nature..."

Somewhat amused, she gives a little bow before proceeding.
"Genoveva would like to invite you, and all the other Espada, to an arena match, with each of us providing a champion to fight on our behalf. The location she specified was your arena."

"Ahh, that seems... Amusing. Leave it to Genoveva to come up with an idea to bring sorrow and amusement, as well as stomping all over my single enforced rule, all at once. What is your place in this, Arcelia, my dear? In case our Ganoveva was wondering if it is acceptable in my arena, the answer is an emphatic yes. If you wish not to deliver this news, I would be happy to.

I personally have no fighter to support, so I may not actively participate. Though I will gladly watch the proceedings." He says to her, moving closer to her slowly. His unseen mouth is in a pronounced smirk, his eyes trying to discern any outward signals she may be putting off.

AmberVael
2010-06-18, 10:27 AM
[Sereg's Palace]

"Genoveva expressed no such concerns. I am not Genoveva, however, and so I thought you might appreciate forewarning."
Arcelia's expression seems to display some level of contempt as she turns away.
"The event will take place tomorrow."
Before he can get too close, Arcelia finishes speaking and steps back, giving a short bow.

"Until then."
Her message delivered, she vanishes with a soft crackle.

riccaru
2010-06-18, 11:27 AM
"I do wonder if she thinks she can actually outrun me? Either way, I must speak to Genoveva about this game of hers." He says, looking to the Primera's sector. He then uses sonido to appear at the door of her palacio, knocking quite loudly. When there is no answer he lets himself in, looking for a place she would be sure to see him. He soon enters her throne room and lazes on her throne. "And now to wait for the dear Genoveva."

AmberVael
2010-06-18, 12:05 PM
At the residence of each Espada, a small note is dropped off, detailing that they were all invited to Genoveva's arena event. It details that it would take place tomorrow at Sereg's arena, that they should each bring a champion (someone expendable, as this is a fight to the death), and that there would likely be gambling and other entertainment.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 01:14 PM
"I do wonder if she thinks she can actually outrun me? Either way, I must speak to Genoveva about this game of hers." He says, looking to the Primera's sector. He then uses sonido to appear at the door of her palacio, knocking quite loudly. When there is no answer he lets himself in, looking for a place she would be sure to see him. He soon enters her throne room and lazes on her throne. "And now to wait for the dear Genoveva."

It would take some time before Genoveva to arrive, she had other things to do at the time after all, but when she does it's with a sudden influx of reiryoku that hangs oppressively in the air like a heavy cotton shroud. The Primera's throne was literally at the tallest point within her Palacio, the actual 'antechamber' was devoid of a chair like that considering she didn't really hold official audiences very often because those in her 'sector' had learned long ago that she didn't care about their problems too much.

But Genoveva did arrive it was with little warning or noise, just quietly slipping through the door with her slitted eyes focused on the intruder. No smile, not made-up good cheer, just irritation barely hidden beneath a calm surface.

"Hullo Sereg, whatcha doin' all the way up 'ere, eh? Takin' in the sights?"

riccaru
2010-06-18, 01:22 PM
"I was actually waiting for you, dear Genoveva. Why is it you decided to destroy any and all authority I held in my own sector. More importantly, why is it you wish to have the fights at all? You are one of the only Espada who is willing to put their own followers into a fight such as this." He says, looking past his silver pocket watch to stare at her.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 01:31 PM
Edward who had continued to tag along with Genoveva took great interest in seeing how the following events would unfold and watched with bated breath. He stood perfectly still beside her soaking in the scene and smiled in anticipation of some juicy choice words.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 01:41 PM
Genoveva's lips tug up into an ugly smile, baring sharpened teeth in the same way that a predator bares it's fangs at cornered prey as she saunters closer to the elaborate chair that Sereg currently lounges in.

"If yer authority is destroyed cause Ah plan to host a gran' melee for all to see, ya nevuh had any to begin with. What kinda operation are ya runnin' if a little side entertainment puts it in jeopardy?" Genoveva says sweetly, even if the barbs hidden in such a comment were quite pointed. "As fer why, too borin' in this joint recently. I want some thrill and makin' people fight for our fun fits the bill. An' cause I wanted to."

"And ain't it obvious? I'm tryin' so sow dissension in yer realm. I wanna add a new wing to my Palacio and yer turf looks good." Genoveva says, sounding deadly serious even as she stops before the intruder to her private quarters.

"...Jus' kiddin'. I am really jus' bored and I nevuh said it had to be your own troops. Jus' someone willin' to fight for ya. Now git the hell outta my chair, yer ruining the cushion. I had finally gotten it to conform to my arse just right. Ya know how long that takes?"

riccaru
2010-06-18, 01:52 PM
"The authority is to place my own entertainment. You have decided to stomp on that authority by holding your own games without my consent. As it were, my sector is in a very unfortunate location to become part of your palacio, dear Genoveva. Did you once think of the ramifications of your blatant disregard for any and all planned entertainment on that day? You also disregard my only law specific to my sector. Also, have you thought of the logistics of holding such an event? I assume Von Geister and Reene are also invited, along with the Espada? What will be provided for entertainment and refreshments? You're shortsightedness may cost you dearly. Are you aware that my arena is not fit to have the king and queen?" He tells her, standing and walking toward her and Edward. "Edward, you do have magnificent architects in your sector, yes?" He asks, suddenly looking at the other Espada for the first time.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 02:02 PM
Edward laughed internally and decided to join in. "Yeah! Stop giving her arse such a hard time! It's a priceless treasure! It's one of the great wonders of Las Noches! When I ogle it I want it to be in pristine condition!" He then addressed Sereg's question. "Yeah, I do. I've got people making impressive buildings around the clock just for fun and plenty of forms of entertainment. I could easily host the event but that's besides the point!" Edward didn't really sound angry. He was simply semi-seriously scolding him loudly.

Free Hand
2010-06-18, 02:05 PM
Katarina smiled. That's a relief. Although, I've always wondered how you can hang upside down for so long, without getting dizzy...

Pan let his arms hang down and swung from side to side and replied brightly to Katarina.

Maybe I'm just good with things like this.

He was thinking of suggesting it's because he does it so frequently but changed his mind after thinking about it. He stops his swaying about when he felt a familiar if repellent presence flicker briefly below before vanishing.

Say, did you feel that Katarina?

riccaru
2010-06-18, 02:08 PM
"I was actually wondering if they could renovate a skybox into the arena for the great King and Queen, in order to give them a better view of we Espada. Naturally you and yours would get credit for the buildings. Do you have cooks as well? There may be need of catering." He replies, leaning against a wall nonchalantly.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 02:23 PM
"Pssssh. Skybox? I've got a replica of the Roman Colosseum in my backyard. I'm sure they can build you a skybox. Catering? My cooks are among the best of our world and that of the mortals. If you think otherwise they'll make you eat your words. I'll provide everything necessary. Think nothing of it." His reply was even more nonchalant and very haughty. Clearly Sereg needed to work on his staffing and connections. His guys must be amateurs. At least that's what Edward thought.

riccaru
2010-06-18, 02:33 PM
"Can they have it done in time? It also has to be done quite well, and I would hope it can stand under the weight of the King, Queen, and Espada, along with any fraccion they may want to take with them. If it falls under the weight it's your head, not mine." He says, becoming angry at the undertones present in both Espada's voices. "The food will also have to be cooked in advance, and kept warm until the end of the party. Think you're up to the task? Unrelated, who do you intend to put into the fray, Edward?"

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 02:58 PM
Was Edward up to the task? Really? Really? What audacity coming from the guy with an arena that lacked a skybox. The espada responded accordingly. "Of course, it'll be as easy as pie. I just hope your stadium isn't so crummy that I need to have it rebuilt from the ground up. As for who I'm choosing? That's a secret." Edward gave him a wink and a wag of his finger.

riccaru
2010-06-18, 03:02 PM
"I took great pains in order to be assured it will not fall. If need be you could design a floating skybox, hang it from the ceiling. In fact, that would be quite entertaining. If it does have to be rebuilt you will have to hurry, and I rather like the current style of design." His eye brows raise at this, giving him an amused look to the other Espada.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 03:28 PM
"The authority is to place my own entertainment. You have decided to stomp on that authority by holding your own games without my consent. As it were, my sector is in a very unfortunate location to become part of your palacio, dear Genoveva. Did you once think of the ramifications of your blatant disregard for any and all planned entertainment on that day? You also disregard my only law specific to my sector. Also, have you thought of the logistics of holding such an event? I assume Von Geister and Reene are also invited, along with the Espada? What will be provided for entertainment and refreshments? You're shortsightedness may cost you dearly. Are you aware that my arena is not fit to have the king and queen?" He tells her, standing and walking toward her and Edward. "Edward, you do have magnificent architects in your sector, yes?" He asks, suddenly looking at the other Espada for the first time.

"What's the matter Sereg, ya never anticipated on hostin' us in yer bit theater? Sounds like a gran' miscalculation on yer part, considerin' most of us like bloodshed as much as the next arrancar. An' who said His Royal Ghostliness is invited? He's probably busy with his bonnie lass and I ain't gonna be the one to interrupt such a think." Genoveva quips, stepping past Sereg when he stands to plop down in the chair once more. She wriggles her bottom around experimentally before giving a forlorn sigh.

"See what ya done now? I'm gonna have ta sit in this thing for weeks before it's right again." She complains, casting a squinty-eyed glare towards both of the other Espada within her private chambers. "Why would it cost me, eh? I'm just providin' an excitin' bout after all. Yer the one who can't seem to handle such a visit by yer fellows. 'sides it's just a friendly get together. Chance to catch up, gossip, and gamble with one another."

riccaru
2010-06-18, 03:34 PM
"What's the matter Sereg, ya never anticipated on hostin' us in yer bit theater? Sounds like a gran' miscalculation on yer part, considerin' most of us like bloodshed as much as the next arrancar. An' who said His Royal Ghostliness is invited? He's probably busy with his bonnie lass and I ain't gonna be the one to interrupt such a think." Genoveva quips, stepping past Sereg when he stands to plop down in the chair once more. She wriggles her bottom around experimentally before giving a forlorn sigh.

"See what ya done now? I'm gonna have ta sit in this thing for weeks before it's right again." She complains, casting a squinty-eyed glare towards both of the other Espada within her private chambers. "Why would it cost me, eh? I'm just providin' an excitin' bout after all. Yer the one who can't seem to handle such a visit by yer fellows. 'sides it's just a friendly get together. Chance to catch up, gossip, and gamble with one another."

"Well, Genoveva, I'm sure sitting on your rear all day won't be a problem for you. We can even have Edward here cater you, he seems awful excited to help your bottom be comfortable. As it is, I feel someone should at least tell the king it is happening. May as well be the... Mastermind." The last wrd is spat out after a long pause to look over the Espada.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 03:54 PM
"I took great pains in order to be assured it will not fall. If need be you could design a floating skybox, hang it from the ceiling. In fact, that would be quite entertaining. If it does have to be rebuilt you will have to hurry, and I rather like the current style of design." His eye brows raise at this, giving him an amused look to the other Espada.
"It took great pains just to ensure your stadium wouldn't fall apart? Clearly my fear of shoddy craftsmanship was well founded." He shook his head in dismay. "I'm starting to think the only reason you claim to expect the Ghost King to come is so that you can get free stuff from me and see what it's like to properly host an event for once because you're incapable of doing so." A sigh accompanies his words. "You're hopeless." He paused and turned to Genoveva. "As for aiding your posterior, I'm entirely behind the idea." He thought she'd certainly enjoy his wordplay.

Moon Wolf
2010-06-18, 04:00 PM
Pan let his arms hang down and swung from side to side and replied brightly to Katarina.

Maybe I'm just good with things like this.

He was thinking of suggesting it's because he does it so frequently but changed his mind after thinking about it. He stops his swaying about when he felt a familiar if repellent presence flicker briefly below before vanishing.

Say, did you feel that Katarina?

Katarina indeed did. Yes, I did. Should I go investigate, Pan-sama?

riccaru
2010-06-18, 04:11 PM
"It took great pains just to ensure your stadium wouldn't fall apart? Clearly my fear of shoddy craftsmanship was well founded." He shook his head in dismay. "I'm starting to think the only reason you claim to expect the Ghost King to come is so that you can get free stuff from me and see what it's like to properly host an event for once because you're incapable of doing so." A sigh accompanies his words. "You're hopeless." He paused and turned to Genoveva. "As for aiding your posterior, I'm entirely behind the idea." He thought she'd certainly enjoy his wordplay.

Sereg sonido's from his position, bringing his right arm up in a punch to Edward's stomach, hopefully catching him off guard and plowing the Espada into a wall. He then turns to Genoveva "Feel free to use the arena as you see fit. I will be sure there is nothing stopping you. Until then please do not contact me directly. I advise you do not wait for me to arrive, as I so far have no inclination of doing so. Edward should be fine after that, and I now bid you both a heartfelt farewell." He says in an even tone before attempting to use sonido to arrive at his own palacio. He arrives unharmed barring anything Genoveva does.

Free Hand
2010-06-18, 05:28 PM
Katarina indeed did. Yes, I did. Should I go investigate, Pan-sama?

It's Arcelia I think, shes gone now though or maybe not. You go ahead I'll, um, follow you soon.

Pan starts to bend down(or up) to get a better purchase and make himself upright. There were any number of ways for him to get from there to where he was heading but he didn't feel much inclination for flash right now.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately for Sereg, Edward was also a rather speedy individual and managed to barely yet deftly sidestep his strike. As if he'd let his guard down around such a petty moocher! Perish the thought!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 06:48 PM
Sereg would not find his retreat from Genoveva's Palacio to be nearly as uneventful as he might have wanted it to be. As the arrancar-man nears the only exit of the room there's the tell-tale boom of sonido before Genoveva appears in front of him with a wide grin on her face. But it was so far from friendly one could never mistake it, it was more baring one's fangs then an actual smile and held such gleeful and sadistic danger in it that most sane people would take it as a sign to get the hell out of Dodge if given the chance.

The Primera wasn't willing to give such a chance to Sereg, not that he'd be given much time to think about such a thing as Genoveva dashes forward to clasp her right hand tight about Sereg's head with impressive strength, nails digging into his skin as her manical grin only widens.

"Goin' somewhere Sereg?" Genoveva says sweetly as there is an ominous flicker of energy around her wrist. Her fanged smile has never seemed as ominous as it did now. "Ya think ya can come into mah room, ruin mah cushion, and insult me and still leave willy-nilly? What kinda b**ch-a** pushover do ya think I am?! Cero!"

The dark red light grows brighter and heavier in intensity, veritably in Sereg's eyes as Genoveva's cero continues to charge.

"...Just kiddin'!" comes the 'sweet' reply...moments before the bala was released and simultaneously exploded to encompass Sereg's face. Genoveva releases Sereg once she's fired the bala, waiting for the smoke to clear to see her handy-work with an almost happy anticipation. Even as her eyes opened just a tiny bit.

"Remember this moment and know your place Séptima!"

Was discussed with Ric before hand.

riccaru
2010-06-18, 09:59 PM
Sereg grasps his face as he is thrown backwards into a wall of the palacio, cracking the stone with his body. As he removes his hands from his still smoking face you can clearly see his Hollow mask through the tattered remains of his scarf. Just above it you can see most of his face scarring heavily, his regeneration keeping the wound from doing too much. Framing his forehead are red marks from the Primera's fingers, blood still slowly seeping from the wounds. His hollow mask is slightly blackened from the smoke. "You wait, Primera. You may think you're the big wig around here, but even a runt can get the jump on the big dog." He says then spits at her feet before crashing through her cracked wall and using sonido to go back to his palacio.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 10:31 PM
The Segunda shrugged at the sight and spoke dryly. "You sure showed him who's boss, but I think you went too easy on him considering he just called you a female dog. A big one too. Maybe he's trying to say you're fat. What a jerk. I think he deserves a few more lumps."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 10:44 PM
Genoveva turns, as if she had forgotten Edward's presence for a moment before her savage grin returns to the more 'friendly' mask that she usually kept up around others.

"He'll get his due, for now he can rue on his mistake in insulting a true arrancar. He'll be reminded whenever he looks in the mirror after all." Genoveva says with a brutal little chuckle, stretching languidly before she plops back down in her throne and frowns, "Ahhh, this is such a pain! Ah had it just right too..."

Finally she stands, strolling back over to Edward with a crafty grin on her face. When she reaches Edward she reaches up slow with one hand, giving him a light flick to his forehead.

"And 'hat was for the butt pun, ya know Ah hate those." Genoveva chides playfully before looking out the hole that Sereg had made thoughtfully. "Hrm. I have to get someone to fill that in."

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 11:03 PM
As Edward is flicked he momentarily feigns his legs buckling as if having been rocked by a fierce punch. Just before he is brought to one knee he dramatically catches himself. "Yeah, that's a pain. Anyways, perhaps I should head off to meet with my prospective champion. Thanks for the show." He began to make his exit but stopped suddenly as he recalled something. "Oh! I almost forgot. This is for you." Edward produced an immaculate blood red thornless rose from within his uniform using some sleight of hand and held it out towards Genoveva. One might expect it to be crushed when he traveled at high speeds but his gardeners did not make ordinary flowers. Among other things they possessed supernatural durability and their scents remained as potent as when they were first plucked long after the act.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-18, 11:18 PM
"Suck up." Genoveva snorts derisively, but takes the rose from Edward's hand all the same and, in a flashy of whimsy, sticks the stem between her teeth. The Primera waggles her eyebrows suggestively at Edward even as she turned to return to her chair.

"Yeah, ya should Edward...wouldn't want to be late, would you?" She teases, falling silent as she waits for Edward to leave her private chambers...and biting the rose in half with a grim chuckle.

nothingclever
2010-06-18, 11:36 PM
"Of course I suck up. I have to soak in as much of you as I can during each meeting or else I'll go mad with desire as I await the next." Edward turned and ran off at top speed, first to his palacio and then to find Talon. Once he found her, wherever she was, he greeted her with a bouquet of yellow roses, a deep bow and an outstretched hand to signal his offer to kiss hers. "For you, my dear."

strawberryman
2010-06-18, 11:59 PM
Talon, who was in the middle of a rage-induced storm off, stares at Edward.

...And just stares. Well, and quietly considers kicking the Espada in the face.

"...are you ****ing kidding me?" Naturally, she simply glares at the outstretched hand, to the point where she is probably wishing it to catch fire.

nothingclever
2010-06-19, 12:23 AM
"As serious as ever milady." Edward raised his head while still bowing to stare innocently into Talon's eyes.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-06-19, 12:28 AM
And then, a Battleaxe cuts through the flowers cleanly. Wielded by a large, very angry man with a Bone bear Mask on his head.

"...Talon, will the King throw a hissy fit if break him?"

Tark had no interest in fighting Von Geister, and generally avoided ticking him off... if he could.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-06-19, 12:40 AM
[Mei's Palacio]

When Arcelia drops off the note about the fight, Pico picks it up after everyone else sees it. His face twists into rage and his mouth curses vehemently. He then starts thinking about champions, namely, who might be Genoveva's. Then, he remembers her telling Tark to "'eel" when he offered to dent in a few of Pico's men's heads. Holy crap. THATS IT! He snaps his fingers at the sudden realization. "If you guys would excuse me, I gotta take care of something real quick." He jumps over the rail he was standing by, landing on the ground like a bird-of-prey. He sets the booze down and downs the glass, putting it upside down over the top of the bottle. Before he leaves, he walks over to Ruwa and pulls her by the strap around her hips towards him and whispers in her ear. "Don't worry, I'll be back soon enough." He then winks at her strangely seductively, considering most of the time Pico seems to have an allergic reaction to being touched period. He then vanishes in an electric whine.

As to where he is headed, he is off to find Talon. Now is the time that he wants some heads to fly.

strawberryman
2010-06-19, 12:42 AM
Talon [Somewhere in Las Noches]

Talon eyes Tark angrily. "Yes, and so will I. If anyone's going to 'break him' it'll be me. Back off." She then turns back to Edward. "Now, look, I don't know how many times I've told you this, but I'm not interested. Not in you, not in Tark, not in anyone. So piss off."

nothingclever
2010-06-19, 12:48 AM
Edward stood upright and ignored Tark. "Whether you have any interest in me or not isn't my concern, at least not right now. Well, not my primary concern. Ok, it actually is but I have something else I wish to speak to you about. Preferably away from him."

strawberryman
2010-06-19, 01:01 AM
Talon considers for a moment, then eyes Tark. "Go."

Moon Wolf
2010-06-19, 09:34 AM
It's Arcelia I think, shes gone now though or maybe not. You go ahead I'll, um, follow you soon.

Pan starts to bend down(or up) to get a better purchase and make himself upright. There were any number of ways for him to get from there to where he was heading but he didn't feel much inclination for flash right now.

Katarina smiled and nodded. He's right, it was Arcelia I had sensed vanishing. With that, a static noise accompanied her disappearing to fly down the tower to check things out.

Free Hand
2010-06-19, 11:43 AM
Katarina smiled and nodded. He's right, it was Arcelia I had sensed vanishing. With that, a static noise accompanied her disappearing to fly down the tower to check things out.

Pan arrives a short time after Katarina. He turns his head from side to side and spins around momentarily.

Oh good, she's not here still. Or maybe..

He twists to look behind himself sharply.

Nope, probably gone. So Katarina what do you think she was doing?

Moon Wolf
2010-06-19, 12:17 PM
Katarina sighed and shook her head. I'm not sure, Pan-sama...I don't really know any of the other arrancar that well. You know her better than I do.

Free Hand
2010-06-19, 01:54 PM
Pan made a face thinking about the Tercera Espada, he never could quite place why he disliked her in particular. His thoughts were interrupted by a polite coughing sound from above. Looking up one would see a nervous arrancar being held between the fingers of the Gillian, Mr. Canary. One could wonder how the looming presence of a giant menos could go unnoticed, but then they're rather common place in this part of Los Noches. Coughing politely again, the dangling arrancar addressed those below.

Excuse me, oh kind lord Espada! I was simply carrying out my duty as a protector of our glorious city, or it's streets at least... Ahh you see I am a street sweeper.

really? What are you doing with Canary-San?

I happened to pick this up *flutters paper* and your sl- *looks up* I mean your servant! ..Canary..san.. Yes, he may have taken offence to my actions and so here I am.

The Arrancar attempts a shrug.

So you found the paper on the ground here?

Yes oh lord!

Oh.. Well that's probably a message Arcelia left.

*Sputtering* Oh gracious lord! I beg for forgiveness, I had not imagined I was interfering in the business of the Espada! I only wished to carry out my humble dutie-

Well I don't think you didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure Canary-san will let you down soon. In the mean time, why don't you read it to us?

But Of course my lor- Erp!*Coat shifts in the Gillian's grasp* ..I exist only to serve! *hastily reading* You are cordially invited to an event hosted by the Primera Genoveva. A martial tournament to the death will be take place within the Septima domain's Arena... This event will take place tomorrow at the time this note was received. All Espada are encouraged to put forth their own champions to claim victory on their behalf. There will be a betting pool on the outcome of the event, additional diversions will be in place as well.

Is that it?

*Turning the paper around* I'm afraid so my lord.. Ehm if you have no further need of me.. may I go now?

Oh sure, if you stay perfectly still and be really quiet, Canary-san will probably lose interest in you and let you go.

..Oh...My thanks......

The streetsweeper resigns himself to the advice and spends quite some time hanging as limply as he can. Pan starts standing on one foot.

Mmm so what do you think Katarina?