PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Game(IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Gray Mage
2010-08-20, 04:34 PM
You all have, throught any means, come to the small pacific village of Rivervale. It's not unlike any other small village you have ever visited, there's the town hall, the local tavern and inn, a small temple of Pelor, nothing unusual. But there's something wrong in the air, the streets are empty, not a soul to be seen, you all can't hear the laughter of the children, just the heavy silence, as if the whole town was mourning, as if everyone was too scared to leave the house. Wanting to figure out what was going on, you all go to the center of Rivervale. There you all found a poster. Anyone that want to examine it find the following message.

WANTED
The Jarroir brothers
Aren Jarroir
Male
Short blond hair
Above average height

Kar Jarroir
Male
Blond hair reaching his shoulders
Average height
Wounded just above the waist

They are wanted for abduction and murder, reward is set at 250gp.
Last seen heading upriver.
For more information, please see mayor Shuller or father Dilin.

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9184396#post9184396)

Zeofar
2010-08-20, 05:20 PM
As Wolfram entered the town, the air of fear and emptiness was unsettling. But he recognized it; he'd seen situations like this before in his travels. A town changes when people don't think it safe to go outside, when the world seems darker than they want to believe it is.
He thought of the first time he had come to a place like this with Tom - Wolfram had traveled to a few places with his father, but they always avoided the places of fear, though Wolfram hadn't understood it entirely. But Tom didn't avoid these places. He sought them, the places where dark beasts spread terror and claimed lives. He had taught Wolfram how to fight these things, how to release the land from a grip of evil. With this knowledge, Wolfram found it unconscionable not to provide some kind of aid, no matter how insignificant, so he took up Tom's mantle. And now, luck would have it, Wolfram seemed to be just as able to find such places as Tom had been.
"Something's wrong here," he remarked to Imsh, "A fell beast, perhaps? Maybe we can help."
He continues walking into the town, hoping to find someone, but the town is totally empty. Working his way to the center of town, he sees the poster: "Wanted..."
"Well," Wolfram started, "A menace of a different kind..."

Doombringer
2010-08-21, 04:59 AM
The weathered face of the Imsh heard Wolfram's words and then the half-orc standing tall looked to his companion. "Still beast my friend..I found out humanity has the worst kind of beast." Imsh was not a man of sorrow for criminals. "I suppose you want to go look for them?" Imsh said smiling those small tusk protruding from his lower jaw the only thing that would draw attention to his mixed blood. He didn't mind however some said he was smart and rather charismatic given his heritage and race..ruggedly handsome he was called once..if a half orc could be called such."Will give me something to do at least."

Imsh looked to the weapons and that armor he had since the last war shifting his weight. The armor old but oiled and well maintained none the less. Any warrior looking upon Imsh would know that he had seen the hells of war. Imsh had indeed seen war the weapons to his side and back told the same story. The half-orc was a veteran and upon dimissal used what knowledge he gained to make a living for himself ever since. "Who do we have to speak to about the job?"

Imsh's Picture:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll51/Lane5485/RacePortHalf-Orc.png

Dada
2010-08-21, 05:40 AM
As Aron walks through the empty streets, he lays his hand to his sword hilt and prepares for the worst. Suddenly he spots two figures, clearly warriors. Being the first humans he has seen in town, he decides to approach them.

'Excuse me, you seem to be travellers like myself. Could you tell me where I could find an Inn?'

Arons dark travelling cloak almost hides the fact the he is wearing a chain shirt, but the guisarme and the javelins strapped to his back clearly identifies him as a warrior.

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-21, 08:43 AM
Kindle wanders through the streets, walking slowly. He walks slowly, observing the buildings around him. This town was clearly devoid of any sort of happiness. No children were to be seen, and their mothers did not even step outside to trade the latest bit of gossip. Kindle warily looks around, searching for someone, for anyone.

The silence is broken by voices not too far away, and Kindle heads towards them, eager to greet the men who dared to step outside.

Approaching them, Kindle notes their weapons and scurries into the shadows. The three may be dangerous, and it would be likely that the townsfolk would be hiding from three heavily armed warriors. And Kindle knows his powers are limited to more peaceful arts. Despite this, Kindle remains nearby, his insatiable halfling curiosity piqued.

Zeofar
2010-08-21, 11:15 AM
"Yes, I think I will go after them, Wolfram said back to Imsh, "I wouldn't like to leave this place in need, even if bandits aren't my area of expertise. The poster says to contact the mayor or priest. Let's talk to the mayor first... Shuller, his name is."

Wolfram looks to the man that just approached them - Black hair, fairly tall. Not wanted. He's still a bit suspicious - the first person they see is an armed man.
There's an inn over that way, but there isn't anyone there." Wolfram points in the general direction of the inn (I assume we know where it is). "I figure that they're too scared of these guys..." He continues, gesturing towards the poster.

DM
I assume I get Listen and Spot checks at +6 to notice Kindle

Gray Mage
2010-08-21, 11:41 AM
One of the travelers point you the direction of the inn and surely enough you see a building that's a little bigger than the others, with a sign hanging from the door that, upon some time trying to figure it out what it is, you note that it's a head of a cat-like beast of some kind. It appears to be as desert as any other house, but the owners should still be living there.

DM
Kindle's hide and move silently [roll0] [roll1]
Aron' spot and listen [roll2] [roll3]
Imsh's [roll4] [roll5]
Wolfram's [roll6] [roll7]

Kindle
You sucesfully manage to hide yourself behind a fence, avoiding the watchfull eyes of armed men with two swords. On the other hand,you weren't especially silent, as one of the wooden planks made a not so loud, but still noticeble noise.

Aron, Imsh and Wolfram
You all hear a noise comming from the direction of one of the houses' fence.

Dada
2010-08-21, 03:46 PM
'Thank you.'

He bows slightly, before turning his attention to the poster.
'Hmm.. wanted... murder. This could explain a lot' he mutters as he reads.

He then turns back to the pair of warriors:
'I heard you talking about going after those guys. The name is Aron. Might you be needing another sword?'

As his ears catches a noise, he then spins and looks towards the fence from where it originated.

Doombringer
2010-08-22, 08:05 PM
Imsh looked to the man asking if they needed an extra and spoke. "One thing I learned in the army was an extra blade is never bad unless it is against you." Imsh then looked to Wolfram "I can not speak for him though." Shifting his weight as he heard the sounds of what he wasn't sure he yelled out. "You have nothing to fear unless you are one of these fellows here on this wanted parchment."

Imsh then crossed his arms over his broad chest and waited knowing something was over in that direction but couldn't spot anything. He figured it was some child...Imsh had a soft spot for kids especially the rough tough ones. He strolled over and looked around hoping to get a better view from his new angle.

Zeofar
2010-08-23, 02:48 PM
Wolfram spoke up: "I wouldn't be opposed to your help. You never know when an extra man will come in handy, and you look able. My name is Wolfram."
He made a slight nod towards Aron before following Imsh towards the disturbance. He hoped that this was someone who could help them in finding the mayor, and not one of the bandits skulking about.

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-24, 10:21 PM
Upon hearing the men discussing slaying the bandits, Kindle guesses that the men are adventurers and steps out into the open, having already been exposed. He holds his hands up, a universal gesture for peace, and says,

Peace, I am no bandit, but only a simple wanderer.

Kindle ambles over to the men, warily looking them up and down, and then examines the poster; his eyes widen, and his brow furrows in anger. Murder. An outrage.

To frighten the townspeople to such an extent...these men must be found. They will answer for their crimes.

Zeofar
2010-08-25, 11:04 AM
Wolfram recognizes the small, oddly dressed man as a halfling. His anger at the sight of the poster assures Wolfram that he is not in league with the bandits.
Are you too interested in hunting these men down, then? There are three of us already, and we are about to go to the town hall to speak with the mayor."

Doombringer
2010-08-25, 03:28 PM
The massive half-orc looks down to the halfing a tusk filled grin coming from his weathered face. "Good to see a soldier once and a while." Imsh was of course talking about the demeanor of the halfling and how he was quick to anger. The half- orc then looked to the halfing offering a hand. "Name is Imsh...some people call me Imsh the Spinecrusher...but that is another story."

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-25, 06:48 PM
Kindle flinches slightly at "Spinecrusher," but says nothing of it. A soldier I am not, but it seems that our goals align, to capture these men, who have dared to commit such atrocities. Let's make our way to the mayor; with haste! Kindle walks off at a brisk pace towards the town hall, waving his hand for his newfound comrades to follow.

Gray Mage
2010-08-25, 07:30 PM
The town hall is easily identifable with the big board displaying the latest news, most of them gossip in nature, but with a couple of posters with the big happenings in the world. It appears at first to be as empty as the hamlet is, with the large table, big enought to acomodate at least a dozen men, in the main chamber without even a soul. A little bit of exploring make you see the small room in the left, the door open. Inside it a short man, about in his fortys, seems to be rather mad at something, as his tone of voice seems to be.
"Damn cowards, am I the only one that works in this town? A bunch of scaredy cats, they are". He mumbles to himself, completely oblivious to your presence.

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-25, 07:53 PM
Kindle removes his hat as he enters, revealing a tangled mess of brown hair. He holds the oddly large thing in his hands as he walks towards the man. Excuse me, we've come to address the problem of the Jarroir Brothers; their crimes have yet gone unpunished, and I...we, Kindle corrects himself, seek to remedy that situation.

Doombringer
2010-08-25, 08:11 PM
Imsh looks to the mayor and towards the small halfling waiting his arms massive as they were crossed in front of his chest and he looked to the mayor waiting for an answer. He said something to Wolfram whispering. "Don't think he is scared of the bandits at all." Imsh said nodding approvingly to the mayor.

Gray Mage
2010-08-26, 08:09 AM
Upon hearing Kindle's voice, he stops mumbling and looks up- and then down- at the source of the voice."Oh, finally someone is ready to take care of that. I don't suppose you're from around here, are you? No, no, too brave to be. The people around here are a bunch of wimps, unlike my time, all afraid of a bunch of ghost stories. But, well never mind the rants of old man, I'm mayor Shuller, Bran Shuller, and if you all will help this town be back to normal, you'll have my thanks, and the reward of course. I suppose you'd like information on the Jarroir, right? Nasty bunch, they were. Well, ask away."

Zeofar
2010-08-26, 10:43 AM
"Wait, whats this about ghost stories?" Wolfram interjected curiously. "What do ghosts have to do with the Jarriors?"

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-26, 04:18 PM
Perhaps this is why we were told to speak with the minister as well, Kindle remarks, The one they kidnapped, was he the one murdered? Or is there a separate victim? It is also pivotal that we know any of any hideouts they may have, and where they were last sighted. We'd also like to know where they live.

Gray Mage
2010-08-26, 04:52 PM
"I don't know any hideouts, but again, they weren't from around here. They appeard a month ago, if my memory doesn't fail. The innkeeper, Yalin, had an empty house to rent, I can give you the address if you all want. I think you mean the ones they kidnaped, my good halfling friend, althought this time they were only seen. A bad duo, indeed, they were vicious. They would abduct people in the forest nearby, not to mention their... eating habits." The old man visibly shudders at this mention, must have been a terrible sight, whatever he ment by that."Really nasty, this is why the young man in the village corned him last week, little Gorn got a bad cut in his arm, and we... hanged them. See what ghosts have to do with the Jarriors, young man?" He end his speech turned towards Wolfram, his last words echoing in the small room.

Zeofar
2010-08-26, 05:32 PM
Monsters, they must have been... At least they got part of what they deserved. I'd be glad to take care of the rest...
Wolfram pushed the thoughts out of his mind, and focused on finding out more about the situation. He was a bit surprised to find out that they were already dead, but he still wanted to help.
"Yes, I see what ghosts have to with them... Anyhow, what are their spirits doing now that is keeping people scared? And, how exactly do you want us to help?
"I think we will take that address, by the way," he added.

Gray Mage
2010-08-26, 05:47 PM
"Hah! Nothing, that's what they are doing! Some fools started to spread rumors that they came back from the dead, pffft. Now everyone is 'seeing' them, it's just boys trying to scare the kids, in my opinion. The only one that really claimed to be atacked is was Yalin's son, and that after he found his father's wine cellar key...." He briefly give you all directions for the house.

Zeofar
2010-08-26, 05:53 PM
"What happened to him that makes you believe him above the others? Whats so special about the his father's wine cellar?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-26, 06:00 PM
The mayor looks at you, his face a portrait of surprise, he then starts laughing."My dear boy, the special thing in his father's wine cellar, is that it contains wine. And together with a young, curious boy, it could lead to only one outcome." He appears to be happier, as if your comentary helped him to face darker times.

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-26, 07:34 PM
Thank you for your time. Kindle straightens his shoulders and returns his old floppy hat to its rightful place on his head, and heads outside. Once out of earshot, he turns to his companions, a dark look upon his face. Undead are abominations, their very existence is an insult to the natural world. And they may be terrorizing the townspeople, as they did in life. We must make our way to father Dilin, and consult him on these tales of ghosts. Or should we go to Yalin's residence, where the ghosts may be wreaking havoc as we speak?...Still... Kindle pauses, his brow furrowed in thought, Something is fishy about the mayor. On the wanted poster, it says to contact him, and yet, he seems to have not bought the claims whatsoever. Let us talk to Father Dilin, if he was not the one who put up the wanted poster, then we may be being manipulated by someone with far darker motives. In any case, we must hurry, no matter what we do.

Doombringer
2010-08-27, 08:26 AM
Imsh listen to the conversations looking to Wolfram "I suppose fighting a bunch of ghost or a bunch of boy pretending to be ghost." yeah the half orc was confused. "What happened to the bandits...are they not who we are after anymore?" Imsh walked in the back looking over the group hoping someone would clarify.

Gray Mage
2010-08-27, 09:11 AM
DM

W [roll0]
A [roll1]
K [roll2]
I [roll3]

None of you can notice anything unusual about the mayor or how he speaks.

Zeofar
2010-08-27, 09:30 AM
"They might not be ghosts, but ghosts aren't the only thing that rise from the grave," Wolfram says to Imsh.
"Our Halfling friend here - (I'm sorry, I haven't gotten your name) - is right. We should speak to Dilin and see what he has to say about this."

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-27, 03:43 PM
My name is Kindle, unlike our good half-orc companion, I bear no title.

Doombringer
2010-08-28, 06:49 AM
Imsh nods and looks to the both of them. "I am just here as the arm for this little adventure...you tell me when you need them and I will crush whatever needs to be crushed." Imsh then smiled wickedly as yeah the fact a man was using a flail told alot of his style of fighting.

Gray Mage
2010-08-28, 09:56 AM
Still wondering the implications of what the mayor just said, the four of you make haste to the local church. Soon you reach the tall, imposing doors, there appears to be sounds coming from the inside. Carefully you all open the door and enter. The inside is very bright, as the sun light come in from a dozen mosaic windows representing various of the greatest Pelor prophets, making the scene a lot more lively then the rest of the town. The amount of people inside helps too, as there is at least twenty of the town's population, men, women and even children, either praying silently in the benches or forming a circle near the alter, not to mention the god's servents as well, all of them bearing the bright yellow robes that are characteristic of their faith. One of them, a young girl with long blond hair, sees you arrive comes to greet you all.
"Hail there, visitors. What brings you in our temple and city in this dark hour? What can we do for you?"

Doombringer
2010-08-29, 06:09 PM
Imsh looks to the man and nods before saying. "Hello we are here to speak with Father Dilin." The half -orc looked to the young woman and the bright robes the yellow was appealing even to a man not of the faith it made things seem lively. "Is he available ..it is a pressing matter."

Gray Mage
2010-08-29, 07:14 PM
"A 'pressing matter', heh? Is it about those awfull men? Here, come with me." She leads you through the benches towards the altar. Soon you see why there is a circle near it. In the middle of it there's a short man of black hair wearing the same yellow robes, but with a large medallion bearing the simbol of Pelor. The population around him seem to be seeking confort.
"Father Dilin, these men need to talk to you, they say it's very important."
The men then signals the girl and the men around him to leave, and in a few moments you're alone with him in the back of the church. Looking a bit closer, it's possible to notice that he has eyebags, with leads the thought that he isn't getting much sleep lately."Hello, travelers. My name is Dilin, what do you seek from me?"

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-29, 08:24 PM
Kindle steps forward, "The Jarroir Brothers, we seek to banish them from this land, however; the mayor has told us that they have already died and risen again. What hideous abominable form have they taken in their undeath?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-29, 08:39 PM
DM
Dilin's knowl(religion) check [roll0]

"I don't know what they are exactly, but they seem to be able to exert some form of control in their targets, as Yalin's boy claim to be unable to move after being hit by them."

Zeofar
2010-08-30, 11:41 AM
Wolfram felt more comfortable in the temple, even though it was not one of St. Cuthbert. He was also glad to see that the community was together, and found some purpose in their grim circumstance. At the very least, they were safer in the presence of a priest.

Upon hearing Father Dilin's knowledge of the Jarriors' nature, he was disappointed that the priest could tell them little, but Wolfram knew that any knowledge could help.
"What is the best course of action in finding these creatures?" Wolfram asked. "The poster said that they were heading upriver, but it seems that they still plague the town."

Gray Mage
2010-08-30, 07:23 PM
Father Dilin scratches his chin, thinking aloud."The best course of action... I suppose it'd have to be going after him. If what the boy told me it's true, they fled when his friends approached them after hearing the screams. They can be undead, but seem to have some sort of self-preservation instinct."

Dada
2010-08-31, 05:38 AM
'We'd better get going with all due haste then.' Aron interjects, having stayed silent until now. 'It seems self-preservation for these beasts include murdering innocent people.'

Doombringer
2010-08-31, 06:09 AM
Imsh looked to the others and arched a brow "What sort of undead as we have gathered they are touches people and makes it where they can not move?" He rubbed his own chin and then nodded "I agree we should crush these thing and be done with it." Looking over his gear he spoke to his friend "When will we be leaving Wolfram?"

Zeofar
2010-08-31, 09:23 AM
"I agree with Aron. There seems little more to learn about these things then their past misdeeds. We should set off at once."

Turning to Dilin, he says "I intend to burn the corpses of these things once they are felled. Are there any other precautions that we should take to stop them from rising again? I also think it would be helpful if you could supply us with some blessed water."

Gray Mage
2010-08-31, 10:08 AM
"Burning the corpses should prove to be more then enough to make them not rise again, perhaps unecessary. Only a powerfull necromancer would be able to rise an undead again, and they only do it for the most precious and usefull undead they have, not the common zombie and skeletons. Having some holy water should prove to be usefull, let me see how many we have in stock." The priest excuses himself and goes towards a room in the right. After a couple of minutes he comes back.
"I managed to find four vials of holy water, they should be more then enough in your little quest. Also, if you or your friends happen to get hurt, me and my fellow adepts can provide healing services."
[roll0]

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-31, 02:47 PM
"We thank you for your kindness and greatly appreciate these vials. I assure you, we will put them to good use," Kindle bows and pauses for a moment on the way up, "May I ask who put the wanted poster up?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-31, 03:43 PM
"Who put it up? After discussing it with the mayor I had one of the adepts put it up. Would you like to speak with him?"

Edit: Who is going to carry the vials? Or are you splitting it among yourselves?

Jukebox Hero
2010-08-31, 05:16 PM
"Who put it up? After discussing it with the mayor I had one of the adepts put it up. Would you like to speak with him?"

Edit: Who is going to carry the vials? Or are you splitting it among yourselves?

I take the vials from father Dilin's outstretched hand and give one to each of my companions, and keep one for myself.

Doombringer
2010-09-01, 07:59 AM
Imsh looks to the Father "Any sort of weapons these piss scum vermin don't like?" He of course had no idea but Imsh could swing any normal weapon..and one or two many though were not. "Keep it Kindle I won't be throwing anything I am sure." Imsh said his face more set the thought of battle now on his mind. Those who knew him (Wolfram) knew the look and those who didn't would come to find out what it meant.

Zeofar
2010-09-01, 09:57 AM
Starting to feel the load he carries, Wolfram sets down 20 of his arrows in a convenient location, assuming that it will not be a trouble to the priests.

Zeofar
2010-09-01, 11:46 AM
Returning to Dilin, Wolfram ponders out loud:"Now, how is it exactly that they were raised from the dead in the first place? Does this not mean that they must have some kind of accomplice or master?"

Gray Mage
2010-09-01, 04:30 PM
"I'm sorry, but I'm not an weapon expert, so I don't know. As for the animation process, while it's true that the most common is by someone, it's possible to have some sort of negative energy natural channel somewhere soon that could animate them. Either way, it's likely they won't be alone."

Zeofar
2010-09-01, 08:46 PM
"Well, I think that is about all we need to know," Wolfram says, addressing Dilin and the group, "Is it about time that we head off now?"

Doombringer
2010-09-02, 12:36 AM
Imsh looks to Wolfram "Alright...I am ready." he adjusted his own gear and moved toward the door and started moving in the right direction to their goal. He then started doing something that was maybe odd..singing marching songs. Wolfram would have head this once or twice.

"We march all day and rest at night...for the glory do we fight fight fight!"

OOC:
Yeah the half-orc is singing...get over it :P

Dada
2010-09-02, 02:31 AM
Aron fastens the vial to his belt, thanks Father Dilin, then turns and follows the singing half-orc.

Zeofar
2010-09-02, 08:45 AM
Wolfram too thanks Dilin for all his help and follows Imsh, joining in with his song.

Gray Mage
2010-09-02, 08:48 AM
OOC:So... where are you going? You don't know any possible hiding places, so you'll try to track them or something?

Dada
2010-09-02, 10:22 AM
The poster said they were last seen heading upstream, so I guess we'll go to the river and attempt to find any tracks there.

Zeofar
2010-09-02, 10:25 AM
OOC
Yeah, I suppose we'll be tracking them since no other information about their location has become available, I guess we'll be following them "upriver" (Unless someone else has a better idea)

I assume we know what river they're going up...
I'll make these in advance just in case
Survival:[roll0]
Survival:[roll1]
(For finding / following their trail, just make others if we aren't supposed to know the results)
Geography:[roll2]
Geography:[roll3]
(#1 - Anything important or applicable that I'd know; #2 information about any natural landscape hazards and terrain or anything we'd like to know about the area)
Nature:[roll4]
Nature:[roll5]
(#1 Anything important or applicable that I'd know; #2 information about any nature stuff that could help or hurt us)
Edit: Bleargh.... I'll just make them when it becomes necessary then.

Gray Mage
2010-09-02, 10:31 AM
You all tread along the river, trying to find any traces of the Jarroir. Just outside the town, where the earth is soft and maleable you find what looks like bare foot footprints leading out of town.
OOC: Survival check for tracking, plus any other check you want.

Zeofar
2010-09-02, 12:38 PM
OOC

Ok, I'll try to get it right this time.
Survival: [roll0] (To follow tracks)
Survival: [roll1] (Determine age of the tracks; if this another isn't necessary to do this, to follow tracks beyond 1 mile or through difficulties)
Survival: [roll2] (To follow beyond 1 mile or through difficulties)

I'm not sure of the protocol on knowledge checks so tell me if I need to make more than one, or if they aren't used in the right way.
Knowledge (Nature): [roll3] (Whatever Wolfram knows about the flora and fauna of the area, including if there are any plants with somehow useful properties...)
Knowledge (Geography): [roll4] (Whatever Wolfram knows about the terrain in in the area and the river.)

Gray Mage
2010-09-02, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure of the protocol on knowledge checks so tell me if I need to make more than one, or if they aren't used in the right way.

OOC: Make one for each thing you want to know. If you can explain the logic behind why this type of knowledge works, and if it isn't a big strech, you'll be able to make it.
Wolfram

IC: The tracks appear to be very recent, although very messy. You can get a faint impression of where they lead, but soon you could get lost.
The area around has plenty of usefull flora, so much that there is a mildy strong presence of 'witches' ( really female druids) that can make various ointments and magic potions, but you don't recall enough to be able to locate them. Maybe a more experienced naturalist could.
Geography: The land around the river is very fertile, and so there is a vast flora around. The area also has a series of caverns and tunnels, having a bit of an underground "past", when a series of landslides covered ancient temples in the area.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-02, 06:46 PM
(Assuming I notice the unusually large amount of fauna) Kindle sniffs the air, and is almost stifled by the overpowering smell.

Rolls:
Knowledge nature: [roll0]
to see if I can find the witches

Knowledge nature: [roll1]
to see if I fare better than Zeofar in finding useful plants and the like

Doombringer
2010-09-03, 10:38 AM
Imsh was heading upstream and that was where he was going he figured Wolfram would direct him in the right direction. "Well you find anything of use yet?" Imsh said stopping and letting the man get a feel for their surroundings those massive arms crossing. "The quicker we crush this scum the quicker I can buy us all a drink at the tavern."

OOC:
Rangers have a useful talent called track..is Wolfram not a ranger?

Gray Mage
2010-09-03, 10:42 AM
OOC:
Rangers have a useful talent called track..is Wolfram not a ranger?

Yes, but he failed the survival check to track them.

Dada
2010-09-03, 11:40 AM
OOC: Can't he take 20 or something? AFB at the moment, so I can't check myself.

Zeofar
2010-09-03, 12:23 PM
OOC
Actually, it seems that I could follow the tracks by taking 10. If I can do this, I will. I don't think I can take 20 since the penalty for failure is an hour of searching (And taking 20 assumes failure some number of times)
Here's a question: can the dog use the aid another action to give me a +2?
Also, doing some math(Tell me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know how to actually do this:smalleek:) tells me that if the dog CAN track by scent, we have about a 75% chance of following the trail (without a failure) assuming no greater difficulties, and 62% if it can't track by scent. If we do lose the trail, then Kindle should be able to do a survival check taking the normal amount of time to find tracks without following(I don't know how long it is supposed to take normally... Does it take an hour to find the tracks in the first place in a natural environment?), which, if Gray Mage allows, could allow the dog and I to start trying to track them again. This would still rely on the dog following the first mile of the trail (Who knows, it might not even be further than that), which is still a bit unlikely. I'm thinking that going back to the tavern will move along the story and allow for the new player to join in, so that is probably the best choice (especially if I can't take 10). Just curious though, would you even allow the situation I described above?

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-03, 03:28 PM
OOC: We don't have anything of the Jarroir to give my dog to smell....

Gray Mage
2010-09-03, 04:45 PM
OOC: We don't have anything of the Jarroir to give my dog to smell....

He still could make a survival to track without the +2 from scent.
PS: I edited my last post in the OOC, check it out.

Zeofar
2010-09-03, 06:17 PM
"I don't think I can follow this trail. I can see the beginning here, but it starts getting messy up ahead. We should head back to town and see if someone can help us with this."

Adeen
2010-09-03, 06:45 PM
Irienys steps into the Inn after seeing the wanted poster, glad she hasn't been on one of those herself yet. She decides to sit down for a bit, thinking it's getting late, no sense seeing the Mayor or Father Dilin until tomorrow. Though she decides to approach the innkeeper. Excuse me, Sir. I'm new and unfamiliar with this town. I just saw that wanted poster outside, can you tell me anything about that family?

Gray Mage
2010-09-03, 07:30 PM
OOC: I'll assume the others will go to the tabern as well to look for more information.
Irienys
The tabern and inn is a two floor biulding, on the far south of the plaza, across the river. The first floor is mostly ocupied by the tabern and it's kitchen, a few round wooden tables with wooden chairs and the counter take most of the area. Normally it would be a loud, happy ambient, but it is mostly empty, like the rest of the town, and the silence is as heavy as tombstones. There is only two persons inside. A young boy in his prime, must not have seen his sixteenth spring yet, is clumslily cleaning a table, his face bearing the feverish gloom that marks those that recently escaped death's cold hands. The other is the barkeep, a huge man in his late thirties, is sitting on the other side of the counter, a line of bottles stand on shelves behind him. You can see many of the boy's facial features in him, if you added a decade or two. He hears you question and answears :"About the Jarriors? There isn't much to talk about, rented them a house, I did, you should have seen how they left it. They're some troublemakers that didn't have the decency to stay dead, and now they think they can come after mah boy." OOC: I almost forgot.: About in the middle of the barkeep lines, the door flings open again to make way for a rather strange group: A half-orc, two humans, one with a scar above the eye, and a halfling that seem to be dismounting a dog.

Wolfram, Aron, Imsh and Kindle
The tabern and inn is a two floor biulding, on the far south of the plaza, across the river. The first floor is mostly ocupied by the tabern and it's kitchen, a few round wooden tables with wooden chairs and the counter take most of the area. Normally it would be a loud, happy ambient, but it is mostly empty, like the rest of the town, and the silence is as heavy as tombstones. There is only three persons inside. A young boy in his prime, must not have seen his sixteenth spring yet, is clumslily cleaning a table, his face bearing the feverish gloom that marks those that recently escaped death's cold hands. The other is the barkeep, a huge man in his late thirties, is sitting on the other side of the counter, a line of bottles stand on shelves behind him. You can see many of the boy's facial features in him, if you added a decade or two. The third is a female elf that has a short bow on her back, she appears to be discussing something with the barkeep, it might be possible to make out the details if you have a good ear.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-03, 08:50 PM
Kindle slips into the bar, nods as a way of greeting and heads over to a stool and proceeds to motion the boy over. "Come here child, don't worry, I won't bite," Kindle removes his hat and allows it to plop down on the bar. Seeing the child's ill complexion, Kindle puts his weathered hands on the boy's face and heals him.

OOC:
Kindle uses Cure Minor Wounds on Yalin's child. Although he most likely is well, and this is entirely unnecessary, he is yet unwell, and he might be more willing to answer my questions.

Listen Check to hear the elf's conversation with Yalin: [roll0]

I also make a mental note of where the entrance to the cellar is located.

Gray Mage
2010-09-03, 09:02 PM
The boy's look uncertain if he should let you touch him, but concedes after a moment. His eyes briefly flash with his proper youth, but soon afterwards it fades again into the glassy gaze. Whatever it is, it's more than just physical damage.

DC 10 listen check for Kindle, Imsh, Wolfram and Aron
You couldn't hear the whole conversation, but she clearly asked for information on the wanted poster.

Adeen
2010-09-04, 01:52 AM
"Didn't have the decency to stay dead?" What does he mean by that? Oh well, I should probably find out how much a bed is too, I need a break from camping out.
Irienys ponders for a brief moment, mostly ignoring the 4 arrivals. She turns back to the barkeep.
I'm sorry to hear that Sir, I hope you have found less troublesome tenants of late. But divulge me, please, what did you imply with they "didn't have the decency to stay dead?"

Doombringer
2010-09-04, 09:19 AM
Imsh strolls in and orders four ales sliding them to each of the men that he was traveling with knowing that they needed more information "So what can we do about finding where they are hiding...I would hide too if I was being tracked by this party." The man of course was trying to lighten the mood and make others relax.

Gray Mage
2010-09-04, 09:41 AM
He looks at the elf,"I meant what I meant. One day mah boy and the other lads caught these bastards and we made them pay for their crimes. We don't take kindly of murder in here, ya know? Anyway, we hanged them and buried on tha old graveward, and now they came back from tha dead to come after mah son." He then picks and old hag and starts cleaning a mug.
Seeing someone order beer. He starts making them."At least there are some that have tha guts to get tha job done. Ya want tha find them? Well... I got a couple of things from them that where on tha house. Want me to get them for you? Also, that'll be two coppers each."

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-04, 10:36 AM
Kindle raises his hand and shakes his head, as a way of saying "No, thank you."
"I don't drink, but these items you speak of are of great interest to me. May we seem them?"

alchemyprime
2010-09-04, 02:31 PM
Ool begins walking down the stairs and heads to the bar. A nice mug of rum or ale sounds grand to him, and any special plates they may have would be all the better.

OOC

[roll0] Listen to hear for conversations about the Wanted Poster outside

Gray Mage
2010-09-04, 03:53 PM
The barkeep nods and goes to the back room. A minute later he come back with a book. It's not an impressive one, it's old and the cover is spent, but the is a brand new lock."I couldn't open it, but if you can, it's all yours."

PS:@alchemyprime: You can listen to it.

Zeofar
2010-09-04, 04:35 PM
Intrigued by the book, Wolfram takes a close look at it.
OOC
Can any writing, marking, or symbols be made out on cover the book? If applicable or necessary, I'll make a spot or search check. If I can make out any symbols, here is a Knowledge(Arcana) check to discern them if they relate to arcane magic.
[roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-04, 06:19 PM
Awfully rude of that halfling, intruding on my conversation like that. No bother though, it appears as if this group is hunting the Jarrior brothers, they could be useful. Sharing the reward certainly isn't appealing however.
Irienys turns to the halfling.
Greetings, it's a pleasure to see faces in this lonely bar. Irienys is my appellation, might I ask who ye are?
Irienys decided there was no need to give a false moniker, she didn't think she would be in this town for long. As Irienys awaits a response, she examines the lock on the book out of the corner of her eye.

Gray Mage
2010-09-04, 09:52 PM
OOC:@Zeofar: There isn't anything on the cover.
@Kirrik: The lock is a fairly simple one, more like those that serve to make journals or diarys closed than a chest or door.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-04, 10:32 PM
I go by Kindle, and the pleasure is all mine. Pardon me for intruding upon your conversation, but my companions and I seek to rid this town of the Jarroir brothers as well. Seeing as how our goals seem to align - if I am not mistaken - would you care to join us? From what I've heard, it'd take a number of people working in tandem to destroy the foul Jarroir.

alchemyprime
2010-09-05, 12:33 AM
Onol looks over. A grin covers his face. He pipes in to the conversation.

"I couldn't help but overhear, the nosy halfling says while smiling, "But perhaps I could also tag along? I may have a spell or two to unleash on those very Jarrior, both for personal and financial matters. Would you mind if I came along, if at least for the companionship?" Onol looks to Kindle, hopeful that he'd be allowed to tag along.

Doombringer
2010-09-05, 01:53 AM
Imsh saw the new halfling and then the elf..addressing the halfling he slid the left over drink to him and then said. "Name be Imsh...and if you be brave enough to come with us..I say you can..I think my word has a little weight with them." Imsh nodded sternly before looking to Wolfram and Kindle they did the thinking Imsh did the bashing though average Imsh was certainly not a scholar.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-05, 09:55 AM
Kindle turns to Onol, "We do not know how powerful these Jarroir are, and they may prove to be a threat beyond what we four can handle. You may join us if you wish."

Adeen
2010-09-05, 06:45 PM
A couple of men walking after death, doesn't sound like I can handle this job on my own.
Irienys turns back to Kindle.
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Kindle. But tell me, what is your motivation for ridding this evil from here? Quite honestly, I need the money, and distributing the reward amongst six greatly dwindles the spoils.

Doombringer
2010-09-05, 06:52 PM
Imsh looked to the one talking to Kindle and arched a brow. "Yes but so does dying on your own...and there is five of us now." Imsh was not going to be swindled out of an equal share. He looked to the woman and arched a curious brow. "What is your name elf?"

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-05, 09:04 PM
My only objective is to help the townspeople. The money means little to me; I need but only a fraction of the reward, the rest, I am willing to distribute among the rest of you.

Adeen
2010-09-06, 12:10 AM
I assumed as much. With that in mind I believe we may be of benefit to each other. Remember that, but we'll worry about the details afterward. Meanwhile, let's see what we can do about the contents of this book.
Irienys picks up the book the barkeeper brought out to them. She attempts to break open the lock on the book.
Better not let these do-gooders in on my more elusive skills just yet.

strength check [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-06, 02:11 PM
Although your effort, the lock is still in one piece.

Adeen
2010-09-06, 04:44 PM
Hmm, this is one tough lock. Does anyone else want an attempt? Irienys tosses the book onto the table in front of everyone.

Zeofar
2010-09-06, 07:58 PM
"This looks like your area of expertise, eh Imsh? Wolfram remarked to the half-orc. He decided to give it a shot himself before sliding it to the strong man of the group - it couldn't hurt, could it?.

OOC
Strength check to break the lock: [roll0]

Doombringer
2010-09-07, 02:54 AM
Imsh looked to the book and shrugged before saying "Alright here goes nothing." He then pulled at the book trying to break the lock..muscles straining as he did so. "Budge you piece of #$%!" He looks to the others "Whatever is in here best be worth this effort!"

Roll:
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-07, 11:25 AM
Although being bulkier than the elf girl, Wolfram fares only a little better than her, the lock firmly placed on the cover. Imsh, on the other hand, used his amazing half-orcan strenght and managed to wreck it out, destroying it for good, along with part of the cover. The contents, however, were not damaged, and whoever takes a peek on the inside can identify it as a diary of some sort, despicking the thoughts of the older brother, Aren. It's mostly how they lured their victims and what they did, but a couple of pages caught your attention.
Diary

Day 13 of the Harvest

The brat is onto us, yesterday he almost found one of the bodies when we were dumping it. The house is no longer safe, me and my brother plan on finding a new place to bring our victims, going to explore around.

Day 14 of the Harvest

We found a house near the old cemeterry, it's almost crumbling, but it's deserted. The people here think that it's haunted, which is perfect. It means that nobody is goin to bother us. Kar is scared of the rumors, though, says that there is someone else. Will show him that it's empty tomorrow.

The remaining pages were torn off.
OOC: Today is day 24 of the Harvest month. The Jarroir were hanged on the 17th.

Zeofar
2010-09-07, 11:47 AM
Wolfram hated to hear more of their grotesque practices, but he skimmed the pages to find something useful. Day 14 of Harvest caught his eye - perhaps a hint to how they were raised form the dead?

He calls to the bartender, "Friend, do you know anything of this haunted cemetery and someone that might like to spend time around it?" He points to the passage in the diary, in case the man wants to read it for himself.

OOC
Knowledge(Arcana) check to determine if their "eating habits" have any relation to rituals of dark magic, or are purely for their own pleasure: [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-07, 12:06 PM
"Haunted cemeterry? You must mean the old one. A rich family had a house nearby, been abandoned for decades, tho. The kids used to make dares to see if one spent the night there. Kids stuff. But in the last two years they stopped. There's also a mausoleum of the same family around."

Zeofar
You do not recall anything, only that rituals of dark magic are often related to the divine branch, not the arcane.

Zeofar
2010-09-07, 02:24 PM
"Any particular reasons why kids stopped going to this place?"

Gray Mage
2010-09-07, 02:44 PM
"Something about the ghost stories being true, about weird men."

Zeofar
2010-09-07, 03:10 PM
"Weird men, eh? I see. Would you mind giving us directions to the place?"

Gray Mage
2010-09-07, 03:14 PM
"Sure. Head upriver until you find an old sign written 'old cemetery', follow the way the sign is pointing. When you reach the cemetery there should be a trail. Just go along it."

Zeofar
2010-09-07, 03:34 PM
Just head upriver. Simple enough. Hopefully we'll find the Jarrior before the day is through. Wolfram thanked the bartender for the directions, and turned to his allies.
"Is there anything else we need to take care of, then? It shouldn't be long before we can finish this job." He looked to each of them as he spoke, glancing, almost begrudgingly, to the new additions to the team.

alchemyprime
2010-09-07, 04:00 PM
Onol readjusts his backpack. "I'm all good. I was just checking out of the inn today anyway. I'm ready when you all are."

Dada
2010-09-07, 04:52 PM
'I'm ready to leave too, the earlier we put a stop to this threat, the better.' Aron adds, having stayed silent on most matters so far. The larger the group, the faster we can take these guys down. he thinks to himself.

Adeen
2010-09-08, 12:43 AM
Well it appears as if we have a plan then, I'm ready to depart whenever you are.
This group seems determined, and at least a couple of them are able-bodied. This should work out well.

Doombringer
2010-09-08, 01:26 AM
Imsh looked to the group and adjusted himself before slowly moving with Wolfram towards the door. He waited for the others and looked back wondering if he was going to do the leading. The place might be dark but he would not have to worry. "Well I would say to be on guard considering." He then arched a brow "What about the mas...the other thing the tender said at the tavern Wolfram...should we check it out as well?"

OOC:
Imsh was trying to say mausoleum ...but I am making him act like he forgot it somewhat.

Zeofar
2010-09-08, 08:48 AM
"Yes, that would be a good idea... If we don't find them in the cemetery immediately, that would be the next best place to investigate."

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-08, 03:58 PM
We should ask the gravedigger or gravekeeper about whether he has seen the risen Jarroir or not...if he still remains in the cemetery.

Gray Mage
2010-09-08, 04:39 PM
You follow the directions and soon enough you find the cemetry. What would create a very scaring atmosfere at night is almost sad during the morning, the unattended tombstones that are still intact are covered with vines. There is an old small house that should have belonged to the gravekeeper, but it's almost falling apart and there is no sign of the owner nearby. At the entrance there is a 10-feet-wide path that you assume is the one Yalin mentioned, the wind is starting to gain speed now, howling in your ears. The ground is softer because of the time that nobody steped in this land and you easily find footprints similar to those at the river margin trailing alongside the trail.

OOC:Any particular marching order?

Doombringer
2010-09-08, 07:03 PM
Imsh looked to the others and nodded "Well here we go." He pulled out that massive heavy flail before his nearly seven foot frame would look to around and then towards the house. Imsh did not mind leading but he waited for the go ahead unless someone was going to scout ahead as Wolfram did sometimes. "Well what is the plan?" He was speaking in soft whispers the whole time of course.

OOC:
Imsh will do as asked..he is a good soldier just reminding others of that.

Adeen
2010-09-09, 12:22 AM
It seems that following these footprints would be the logical first objective. Do not fret, I will follow behind you Imsh. With that, Irienys trails about 5 feet behind Imsh, readying an arrow into her bow.

Gray Mage
2010-09-09, 09:25 AM
You proceed along the path, the graves that surround it are the only things in sight and the wind is the only sound. Just after a hill, a big wooden house, more akin to a mansion, appears in your sine of sight. Suddenly, something erupts from two of the graves. The dead has risen, they foul stench burning your nostrils, moaning as they leave the ground that has embraced them for long. The right one is visibly more intact than the left, that is already falling apart.

Please roll for initiative, your action and your location for the ones that haven't already. It's possible for the ones that did to modify it before the first round, within reason. Also it'd be good if you provided a token.
Initiative

Irienys 23
Wolfram 22
Aron 22
Kindle 17
Z1 17
Z2 15
Onol 5

Map
http://j.imagehost.org/0005/NG_zombies.png (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0005/NG_zombies)
OOC: The blue bits are tombstones and they provide cover, except for the one between E8 and E9, that was me screwing up. :smallredface:
Zombies

1)HP [roll0] Init [roll1]
2)HP [roll2] Init [roll3]

alchemyprime
2010-09-09, 09:29 AM
OOC

[roll0]
Can I please be moved from e7 to d7 please? Thank you.

Gray Mage
2010-09-09, 09:32 AM
OOC

Can I please be moved from e7 to d7 please? Thank you.

Of course, I'll wait before everyone posted before editing, thought. Please also post your action, not mattering the initiative order and I'll run it acordingly. Feel free to put as many if conditions as you wish.

Zeofar
2010-09-09, 11:29 AM
Seeing the undead menace rise from their graves, Wolfram goes quick to action, running towards the one on the right. Taking his sword in hand, he draws it across his body and makes a swing at the monster.

OOC
I assume that's Irienys at D/E6? (It looks like It is supposed to be D6.) Or is it me? If it is someone else, I'll be at E6 as rear lookout, I guess.
Initiative: [roll0]

If I act before the zombies, I move to F10, drawing my Longsword two-handed (I'm guessing that Onol and the tombstones block a charge) and attack the zombie.

[roll1]
[roll2]

I assume that if the zombie acts before me, it will attack our right side, so I'll draw my sword, take a five-foot-step and attack(or no five foot step if it is close enough), or draw my sword while taking a move action and attack, whichever is necessary to reach it. If the zombie acts before me and for some reason doesn't attack, I do my initial action of moving to F10(or if it moves and doesn't attack I just do the same but move to a space next to it). Do I need a roll for each of these possibilities or does one work since it will all have the same modifiers (I think)?

AOO

[roll3]
[roll4]

alchemyprime
2010-09-09, 12:05 PM
Assuming Wolfram does not kill his target, Onol will aim an Eldritch Blast at the Zombie. If he does in fact rekill the target, Onol will shift attention to the other zombie. If both are destroyed and a new threat appears before my initiative, Onol will have a readied action to Eldritch Blast any enemy that comes within a 2 square radius of me.

Dada
2010-09-09, 01:21 PM
As the zombies rise from the ground, Aron yells out a warning as he draws a javelin, moves to the left, and throws it with all of his might at the undead creature to the left.

Actions:

Aron is in E6
[roll0]

This assumes I act before the zombies:

Move action: Draw a javelin
5-foot step to E5

Standard action: Throw a javelin a the zombie to the left:
[roll1]
[roll2]

If the zombies act before me, I will provide other actions.

Avatar: http://ext.atlantica-db.com/img/portrait/spearman-41r.jpg
Tell me if I need to do anything else, or this avatar isn't suitable. I might dig for a better one later.

Gray Mage
2010-09-09, 02:39 PM
Avatar: http://ext.atlantica-db.com/img/portrait/spearman-41r.jpg
Tell me if I need to do anything else, or this avatar isn't suitable. I might dig for a better one later.

I think it'll do, I may have to resize it though.

OOC
[SPOILER] I assume that's Irienys at D/E6? (It looks like It is supposed to be D6.) Or is it me? If it is someone else, I'll be at E6 as rear lookout, I guess.

Yes, that's Irienys, and yes it's D6. One roll or multiple rolls, as you see fit. Also when using your longsword two handed, your attack bonus goes up to +4

Edit: @alchemy: You didn't roll for the attack or damage, if you don't I'll have to roll for you.

alchemyprime
2010-09-09, 03:05 PM
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-09, 03:17 PM
OOC:
Do I exist? Am I there? If so, where am I?
Initiative: 1d20+4

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-09, 03:18 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Sorry, I failed at rolling initiative in my first post.

Gray Mage
2010-09-09, 03:19 PM
OOC:
Do I exist? Am I there? If so, where am I?

I've put you on C7, but you can change if you want. I assumed you're riding your AC.

Adeen
2010-09-09, 04:48 PM
That token is fine for me, bu you can scrunch it so it fits if you'd like.
initiative = [roll0]
I assume that each square is 5 feet, right?

Gray Mage
2010-09-09, 04:56 PM
I assume that each square is 5 feet, right?

That's right. So... what do you do? You already have your bow out, as you said before.

Doombringer
2010-09-09, 11:37 PM
Imsh growls seeing the creature to the left was taking damage he shifted that glaive coming free as he charged forward. "I knew it!! THE DEAD SHOULD STAY DEAD!!" Imsh watched the flesh of the creature rotting and decay fly before growling. "Come on I will send you back to the grave!"

Moves:
Dropping Flail and charging using Quick Draw to pull forth glaive and stopping within 10 feet to take advantage of reach.

Stopping on Square (E9) before swinging.

Rolls:
Initiative
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Ooc:
Welp seems like the fun started YAY!

Adeen
2010-09-10, 12:21 AM
Sorry, I was just about to post that when I had a HUGE emergency at work (where I was at the time) and I haven't gotten online until now.

I move down to D8 (10 feet) and attack the creature on F11.
Attack Roll [roll0] (+1 bonus within 30 feet)
Damage Roll [roll1] (+1 bonus within 30 feet)
Plus Skirmish Damage [roll2] (moved 10 feet before attacking)
Total Damage = 11

If Crit Threat [roll3]

Reacting quickly, Irienys darts towards one of the zombies, without making a sound. She raises and releases her bow muttering only one word. Die.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-10, 03:03 PM
Kindle pulls out his sling, slowly pulls a bullet from his pouch, and kisses it for luck. He fires the bullet from the sling at Z1

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Gray Mage
2010-09-10, 04:26 PM
Irienys moves and launches an arrow at the zombie on the right, but instead of hitting it, it hits the tombstone at its side.
Wolfram, however, gets a clean strike at the undead abomination, making a huge gap in its torso.
Aron aimed at the other zombie, but put too much power in the throw, missing the target.
Imsh chages at the same one that Wolfram already injured, almost sending it back to hell.
Kindle, unlike Aron, hit the zombie with too little strenght, barely scrathing it.
It managed to get the zombie's attention and he charges at the druid. The charge seemed to unbalance the already falling apart creature and he cannot hit the little halfling.
The second zombie tries to hit Wolfram, but he proves to be too ninble for the zombie.
Onol aims his blast, but in the confusion with his allies, doesn't connect with the target.
Initiative
Irienys 23
Wolfram 22
Aron 22
Imsh 19
Kindle 17
Z1 17
Z2 15
Onol 5

Map
http://j.imagehost.org/0120/NG_zombies.png (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0120/NG_zombies)

Z's

Z1 7
Z2 1

Zeofar
2010-09-10, 10:07 PM
Pleased with the damage that Imsh and he had inflicted upon the walking heap, Wolfram glances toward the other zombie. No Progress. Damn. Let's finish this already before one of us gets hurt... He readies another attack on the zombie, bringing the sword above his head and swinging down hard.

OOC

Attacking the zombie next to me.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it drops, I'll move to F6 to set up a charge. If it doesn't... I guess I'll just stay in position depending on the result of a question: Can I use aid another to help Imsh's next attack after that, or does it have to be instead of an attack? I don't think I can grapple, trip, disarm(nothing to disarm, arguably. When disarming natural weapons becomes allowed, its going to get more popular... :smalltongue:) or bull rush him, right? I doubt feinting would actually deny him any bonus. And I assume using the vial of Holy Water would be premature, since it seems we'll be facing some more villains, but could I even do that?

Gray Mage
2010-09-10, 10:10 PM
Can I use aid another to help Imsh's next attack after that, or does it have to be instead of an attack? I don't think I can grapple, trip, disarm(nothing to disarm, arguably. When disarming natural weapons becomes allowed, its going to get more popular... :smalltongue:) or bull rush him, right? I doubt feinting would actually deny him any bonus. And I assume using the vial of Holy Water would be premature, since it seems we'll be facing some more villains, but could I even do that?

You mean after the attack? If you didn't attack you could do any of those things. And for hitting, I think your nat 20 will handle things. :smalltongue:

Doombringer
2010-09-10, 11:37 PM
Imsh himself looks to the only one likely standing and growls before moving to it using the reach his glaive provided and swingingthe massive weapon right toward the zombie trying to split it in half growling out in shear anger. "Back to the grave you magot infested vermin!!" Imsh then looked to the others "Quickly let us end this!"

Rolls:[roll0]
[roll1]

(15 with a charge)

Adeen
2010-09-11, 04:46 AM
Damn.
Hmm, that human seems to be handling that one finely, I should assist the halfling.
Concluding that Wolfram has engaged her target successfully, she turns her attention to the other false abomination of life. She sprints over a few feet and fires an arrow at other creature.

Moves to f7 (10 feet)
Attack Roll 1d20+1-4 (point blank shot/firing into melee)
Damage Roll + Skirmish [roll1] = 10
If Crit Threat [roll]1d20+1-4

Adeen
2010-09-11, 04:48 AM
Apparently the roller can't handle that equation, sooo...
Attack Roll [roll0] + 4 - 4 = 16 (Point blank/attack bonus/firing into melee)
Crit Threat [roll1] +4 - 4 =

Dada
2010-09-11, 06:42 AM
Aron swears to himself as the javelin goes wide, and the zombie charges his companion. He draws his guisarme, takes a step to the side, and lashes out at the legs of the zombie.

Actions:

5-foot step to E6.
Standard action to draw guisarme.

Attempt to trip the zombie in C6.
[roll0]
[roll1] (+2 strength, +4 Improved trip)

I need an opposed strength or dex check from the zombie, whichever is higher.

Gray Mage
2010-09-11, 09:46 AM
DM
Opposed check [roll0]

Edit:@Dada: You couldn't trip the zombie.... lucky undead got a nat 20...

Dada
2010-09-11, 10:04 AM
Whoops, should've checked my attack roll first. If 7 was enough to hit its touch ac, and I failed to trip it, it may immediately attempt to trip me. If 7 didn't hit, then I shouldn't have rolled the strength check to begin with.

Anyway:
[roll0] to avoid being tripped if the zombie decides to trip back at me. If he wins the check, I'll drop the guisarme to avoid tripping.

Gray Mage
2010-09-11, 10:09 AM
Whoops, should've checked my attack roll first. If 7 was enough to hit its touch ac, and I failed to trip it, it may immediately attempt to trip me. If 7 didn't hit, then I shouldn't have rolled the strength check to begin with.

Anyway:
[roll0] to avoid being tripped if the zombie decides to trip back at me. If he wins the check, I'll drop the guisarme to avoid tripping.

7 was enough, they have low touch AC and he charged too, getting a -2 penalty, the strenght is what you failed. Zombies can only take a single action every turn, unless they charge, so I don't think it can trip you back, can it?

Gray Mage
2010-09-11, 04:59 PM
Irienys shift her attention to the other zombie, her arrow striking true this time. It wasn't, however, enough to bring him down.
Meanwhile, Wolfram deals the killing blow to the right one and he falls on the ground motionless.
Imsh charges at the last one, bisecting it and sending it back to the grave for good this time.

OOC: Everyone gain 60 XP.

@Kirrik: If you wish to retrieve the first arrow, roll a d2 and on a result of 2 you find it intact.

Adeen
2010-09-11, 05:56 PM
first arrow recovery [roll0]

Irienys walks over to her first target, and regrettably finds her arrow unusable. She then inspects the first creature for a moment.

I've never seen creatures the likes of these before, though I've heard tales of them. Given our environment, we can probably expect more of these.

Zeofar
2010-09-11, 06:10 PM
Wolfram stoops over the body of the once-again-dead corpse next to him, inspecting it carefully.

"This isn't one of the Jarriors," he calls out in a near growl, "and I'll wager that the other one isn't either. I think she's right, there's likely to be more of these."

He strikes his sword against the neck of the corpse, severing the head from the body. He takes it up in his left left hand and starts moving towards the other body, evidently to do the same.
"I doubt that anybody could identify them, the way their flesh is, but I think it wise to retain proof of our efforts. Besides, I don't think I'd be opposed to seeing exactly how brave the mayor really is."

Adeen
2010-09-12, 01:00 AM
Astute observation Warrior. Though perhaps you should leave the heads presently until a time when we decide to go back to town. I believe we should press forward, given that none are wounded.
Without waiting for a response. Irienys stands up and continues in the direction they were heading, following the footsteps.

Irienys keeps her bow in hand and wielded, though without an arrow notched.

Dada
2010-09-12, 03:27 AM
'I say we keep our eyes on the prize. Lets move along before more of these things decide to show up.'

With that, Aron collects his stray javelin, and keeps it ready as he follows Irenys.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-12, 09:11 AM
"Let us move with haste; the more time we spend searching for the Jarroir - and other undead - the more time they have to return to the town and wreak havoc."

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 01:15 PM
You keep walking along the trail, watchfull eyes waiting to see any more undead surprises, but thankfully nothing happens. You soon reach the house, a big wooden mansion that rises in the horizon. It looks like it has seen better times, as a part of the ceiling seem to be missing and the wood is almost rotten.
The footprints approach the side of the house in te direction of a wall. On the upper level there's an open window, but getting there might prove to be changeling. You think of tring the main door, but the double oak doors are locked. Will you risk the fall or perhaps to break it down? Or maybe there is a third way inside?

Doombringer
2010-09-12, 03:19 PM
Imsh looked to the others and waited for a decision..after he had retrieved the flail. He was not against breaking the door dow or climbing. "Well what do you want us to do?" Imsh looked to Wolfram and waited knowing that the man would tell him one way or the other shortly. He himself however leaned on his glaive until the party decided.

Dada
2010-09-12, 03:29 PM
'Well, if even one of us is able to climb up, we can throw a rope down, and the rest should get up easily. I don't see any reason we should announce our presence by knocking the door down noisily.'

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-12, 04:15 PM
"Not all of us are good at sneaking around. Someone could climb up to the roof (how high up is it); once there, Imsh could knock down the door, and everyone would brace themselves for an attack. What I am proposing of course, is a simple ambush. Unfortunately, if any intelligent creatures lurk inside, they may flee."

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 04:17 PM
'Well, if even one of us is able to climb up, we can throw a rope down, and the rest should get up easily. I don't see any reason we should announce our presence by knocking the door down noisily.'

OOC: Do any of you really have rope? Besides, Juke's inexistent(?) AC won't be able to go, rope or not.

Edit: The roof is above the second floor, don't know how much that would be in feet.

Adeen
2010-09-12, 04:21 PM
Irienys ponders for a moment about the best solution.
Breaking down the door or even picking it could alert their attention. On the other hand, it would be good to have an open escape route... No, the window is best.
I agree with Aron, it would be prudent of us to be as silent as possible. Imsh, you appear decently strong, perhaps you could climb to that entrance. I have some hemp rope we can use.

If everyone goes along with this idea, assume my character hands over the rope without needing to be asked for it.

Dada
2010-09-12, 04:21 PM
Aron eyes the rotten and hole-filled roof suspiciously while Kindle speaks.
'I don't really trust that roof too carry all or even just one of us. Even if we don't sneak around, climbing through the window will at least give us the possibility of surprising whatever may lurk in there.'

Edit: OOC: Aron has rope too. If everyone agrees to this plan, he will attempt to climb up to the window, taking 10 for a result of 12.

Zeofar
2010-09-12, 04:29 PM
"Aron is right. I'd rather that whatever sort of lies inside, be it a man or a monster (though I'd hardly say whoever making these foul undead is more monster than man), is surprised by us. If none of us can climb this thing, then we should break down the door. Before we do any of that, though, we should probably look around this place a bit more.

Wolfram unsheathes his short sword and jabs it at the wall, testing something.

OOC
To start, I have 50 feet of rope. But some questions first. How high is the window? How smooth is the wall? Are there many cracks? How hard is the wood? Could we easily force a weapon into it? Could we use my short sword, Irienys' handaxe, or Aron's Javelins to get a bonus for the climb (Handaxe does slashing, so maybe no. Javelins are fairly long; would they have to be broken to be used?)? Is there any sort of covered porch that juts out from the building? If so, how tall is it? Can it be climbed more easily than the wall? Also, would it help us reach the window? Is there any sort of beam or pole jutting out of any walls (I dunno why I even ask this, just wondering)?

Edit: Uhhh... I think it would be better if Imsh or I climb. I can get +6 without armor, +5 with, and Imsh can get +8 without armor, +4 with.

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 04:31 PM
Just a note that I forgot to tell in my post before. The window is on the sencond floor and on the far left of the house. Every window on the first floor is nailed on.

Edit: Just saw Zeofar's post, going to edit soon.

Edit 2:The wall is made of wood in an advanced deaiment, which means that for someone untrained the climb is really tough, but might be doable. You can try to make better footing, but if you overdue it might ruin the existing ones.

Zeofar
2010-09-12, 06:10 PM
Wolfram, looking disappointed with his test, puts his short sword away, returning to the group.
"I'm going to look around the left side of the house and circle it. I wouldn't want to go in here to find that they have an army camped in the back. If anyone is interested in joining me... Feel free."

OOC
Moving Silently, taking 10 on the check for 16. I'll continue around the house in a full circle, inspecting it and the nearby area. I'll stop if I see anything that would require further stealth or investigation.

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 06:14 PM
Wolfram plus whomever follows him

You circle around the house, nothing seems out of the ordinary. In the back there are a number of trees, some of them bearing fruit. Almost on the other side you find a back door. It's a more simple one, made of usual wood and usual size.

Zeofar
2010-09-12, 06:53 PM
Returning from his search, Wolfram reports to the rest of the group."There's a small door in the back; it looks like it would be easier to break down in case we can't get in through the window. I didn't find anything else.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-12, 07:07 PM
"I say we split up. Irienys, Wolfram, and I will enter through the back and sneak stealthily through the building. Onol, Aron, and Imsh, you should go through the front entrance, diverting attention while the rest of us prevent escape and if nobody does try to escape, we can more easily perform a flanking maneuver this way."

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 07:32 PM
"I say we split up. Irienys, Wolfram, and I will enter through the back and sneak stealthily through the building. Onol, Aron, and Imsh, you should go through the front entrance, diverting attention while the rest of us prevent escape and if nobody does try to escape, we can more easily perform a flanking maneuver this way."

Splitting the party, are you? Good to know...

Doombringer
2010-09-12, 08:37 PM
Imsh just shakes his head and looks to the open window before climbing..the half-orc had a flaw it was called no patience. He doesn't even worry with removing his armor and just simply climbs towards the window with the rope dropping it down after tying it securly. "Come on ..we do not have all day." He whispers to those below."

Roll:
Climb
[roll0]

Ooc:
I had several windows open sorry.

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 08:42 PM
[roll0]

Imsh

Err.. what was this roll for?

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-12, 09:13 PM
Cursing under his breath, Kindle dismounts and circles round to the back of the house, bringing his dog with him. He carefully tries the door.

Gray Mage
2010-09-12, 09:21 PM
@Kindle: It isn't locked.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-12, 09:31 PM
Kindle takes a deep breath and opens the door, shortspear in hand, readying himself for an attack.

Doombringer
2010-09-12, 09:35 PM
Err.. what was this roll for?

(I had several windows open sorry if you look above you will see Imsh was climbing)

Zeofar
2010-09-12, 10:48 PM
As much as he wanted to help the Kindle, Wolfram followed up after Imsh on the rope. He trusted Imsh. He had already proved himself capable enough, and trustworthy, but Wolfram couldn't be sure about the others, especially not the two that joined in later; he distrusted the kind of people you find sitting about in taverns. The woman seemed typical, but the odd-looking halfling was... odd. Some sort of magician, it appeared. Reaching the top of the rope, Wolfram pulled himself through the window.

I assume I can climb the rope with no trouble?

Adeen
2010-09-12, 11:29 PM
Warriors, I would love to accompany you, but I shan't leave the halfling alone, a foolish move.
Irienys, bow in hand, chases after Kindle and catches up with him just as he is opening the door.
In a whispered voice: Halfling, do not wander off alone. The others are scaling the house as I speak. I shall proceed in your company.

As far as position is concerned, assume Irienys is right behind Kindle (5 feet/1 square/whatever) for the time being.

What do Kindle and Irienys see upon opening the back door (before entering).

Also, whose rope did Imsh borrow? I don't care if it's mine I just need to keep track.

Gray Mage
2010-09-13, 10:46 AM
Window
On this room there isn't anything special. There is a bed and a wardrobe, it's possible to see footprints (DC 20 spot or 15 search) leading outside though the only door. It's located on the right wall, and seems unlocked.

Backdoor
This room reeks of mold. There are sacks on the corner and food in baskets everywhere. This, together with a table and a stove lead you to belive that this was the manor's kitchen. The stove is covered in dust and don't appear to have been used, while the table is clean. Two doors lead from this room, one is right in front of you, while the other is on the left. Both are unlocked, but the one in front is struck ( need a strenght check to open).

alchemyprime
2010-09-13, 01:31 PM
Onol looks up the rope and shakes his head. "I guess I'm with you Imsh. Let's see if I remember how to do this."

OOC

[roll0] Climbing the rope. Curse my STrength Penalty!

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-13, 03:27 PM
I hold open the door for my dog and Irienys. Holding a finger to my lips, I silently move across the floorboards, hoping that my light weight won't trigger any squeaks from the rotting wood. Kindle presses his ear to the (stuck) door, and tries to make out any noise.

If he hears nothing, he proceeds to the unlocked door, and listens for noise again.

Rolls:
Move Silently: [roll0]
First Listen Check: [roll1]
Second Listen Check: [roll2]

Edit: My dog stays at the door.

Dada
2010-09-13, 03:53 PM
Aron climbs the rope and through the window. (Take ten for a result of 12)

Imsh, Wolfram, Onol & GM:

As he enters the room he draws his guisarme silently, then proceeds to the door and lays his ear to it.

Take ten on move silently (12), then listens. Do I hear anything?

Gray Mage
2010-09-13, 07:24 PM
Forgot Dada's listen
DM
Listen [roll0]

Kindle
You hear a faint creek coming from the room with the struk door, but it sounds like it came from near the roof.

Aron
You weren't able to hear anything.

@Alchemy: You failed to climb the wall in your first attempt, but if you take it easy you think you can do it.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-13, 07:47 PM
Kindle, assuming that the noise came from his companions through the window, goes to the other door and puts his ear against it (OOC: May I use my earlier roll?).

If he hears nothing, Kindle opens the door, beckoning for his dog and Irienys to follow.

Gray Mage
2010-09-13, 08:18 PM
DM
[roll0]

Kindle/Irienys
The door opens revealing the dinning room, once beautiful paintings, now ruined from the negligence, cover the walls. Dense webs are set everywhere, leading you to think that no one has set foot inside for some time. The table is still set, with plates and iron silverware arranged neatly in the big table on the middle. The table is 10-feet-wide and 30-feet long, and is positioned in the middle of the room. In fact, there still seem to be people waiting for the food to be served: four skeletons are placed on the chairs, their eyeless gaze fixed on god knows what.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-13, 08:48 PM
Kindle looks around, but doesn't step into the room, fearing that he might awaken the skeletons.

OOC:
Spot Check for anything unusual or signs of movement: [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-13, 08:54 PM
Kindle
You notice that this room is missing five-feet when comparing with the past one. No movement seen though.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-13, 09:16 PM
Shortspear in hand, Kindle enters the room, palms sweating. If the skeletons awakened, he would be ready.

If the skeletons don't awaken, Kindle searches around the walls for a secret door or a lever, or something.

OOC:
Kindle readies an action to attack the next skeleton to come near him.
Search check: [roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-14, 01:22 AM
Irienys is still following right behind Kindle. This time with an arrow out and ready for action at any moment.

Move Silently Taking 10 for a total of 16
Searching as well [roll0]
If there is a secret door my search check is 27
Is there a door or archway or hallway at the other end of the room or is the door we just came through the only way in and out?

Doombringer
2010-09-14, 02:23 AM
Imsh looks down and tries to help Onol lifting the rope as he held on..making and easy go of it. Imsh then noticed the others checking things out as he rolled up the rope to return to its owner. He placed his glaive on his back and pulled out his flail. "Aron..stay behind me..you can attack at a distance with that weapon right?" Imsh then slowly moved towards the door getting ready to open it.

Dada
2010-09-14, 05:40 AM
Those who went through the window:

Aron stuffs the rope away, then nods at Imsh and puts a finger to his lips. He moves away from the door, making room for the half-orc, but stays right behind him. He is ready to strike at whatever may lurk beyond the door.

Gray Mage
2010-09-14, 08:42 AM
Kindle/Irienys
More or less half of the back wall appears to be hollow, but there isn't any secret door in this room. It seems that there isn't anything from the left to the right and from downwards to upwards.

Aron/Wolfram/Onol/Imsh
You open the door to reveal the biggest room in the manor, containing both floors. You are located in a five-feet long balcony that ocuppies three of the four walls. Above you see a chandelier and the ceiling with it's hole, right below it on the first floor is the wreckage. There are another four doors on this floor, two on each side and one in the back. Right in front of the one in the back are the stairs.

Zeofar
2010-09-14, 08:50 AM
Wolfram draws his longsword and moves slowly to the other door on the side that the group is on, placing his ear near it.

OOC
Taking 10 on Listen and Move Silently for 16 on both. Readying an attack against anything that moves towards me.

Adeen
2010-09-14, 09:03 AM
Irienys whispers to Kindle. "There doesn't appear to be anything here, let's try this next door."

Irienys goes up to the door and places her ear against it listening for anything as well as inspecting the door.

Taking 10 on listen for 16
search: [roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-14, 09:11 AM
Irienys slowly opens the door, revealing what's on the other side.

Gray Mage
2010-09-14, 09:20 AM
The door reveals the biggest room in this house. It's almost a perfect square. On your left there is the double door that you found outside. On the opposite side you enterd there is another door just like the one you just came through. Near it there is a pile of broken wood, more likely from the ceiling that fell. A huge chandelier hangs in the midlle of the room, right alongside a small passage that cover three of the four walls. In order to get into this passage, a wide stair conects the two floors. On each side of the stairs there is a door.
DM
[roll0]

WolframYou heard something in the middle of the room, more or less where the chandelier hangs.

Adeen
2010-09-14, 09:39 AM
Irienys motions for Kindle to follow her.
Whispering: "I think we should try to head upstairs and meet back up with the others."

That chandelier looks like it could fall from the ceiling at any moment.

Irienys heads towards the stairs and walks to the top, careful to avoid walking underneath the chandelier.

alchemyprime
2010-09-14, 09:53 AM
Onol slowly climbs up the rope, cursing at himself for messing up last time. Once Imsh pulled up the rope, he had an Eldritch Blast at the ready for anything that seemed like a threat. Seeing as how they reached the big room, it seemed like he wouldn't need it.

"Oy, Imsh. What do you think of them doors?" Onol asks, pointing to the big doors on the sides of the stair.

Doombringer
2010-09-14, 03:28 PM
Imsh looked to Onol and muttered "I am not sure but we should stick together we will check it shortly." Imsh then followed Wolfram knowing that he was likely to get in trouble sooner or later. The man had a nose for it lucky for him Imsh seemed to like it especially when there was gold involved. "Do you see anything?" he asked Wolfram curiously.

Ooc:
Welp I will reply to post after I get some sleep see you guys and gals shortly.

Zeofar
2010-09-14, 11:56 PM
Some sort of noise disturbs Wolfram's careful reconnaissance at the nearby door, and he turns toward the center of the large room.
"I didn't see anything yet, he tells Imsh, but I heard something down there.
Wolfram takes a few careful steps towards the edge of the balcony and peers down to the source of the sound.

Gray Mage
2010-09-15, 05:29 PM
Wolfram
Looking a bit closer to the chandelier, what you thought to be a small stone lump on it's base has just moved. Right afterwards it slowly unleashes tentacles, and looks ready to strike as Irienys passes near it.

Surprise round: only the monster(s) and wolfram may act on the surprise round. Everyone else may post their initiative. Assume that Irienys and Kindle are in the middle of the room and the others are on the second floor, but more or less on the middle of the passage. Map will be posted as soon as maptool stops acting spoiled.

Initiative order:Monster [roll0]

Adeen
2010-09-15, 05:59 PM
OOC:

Assume that Irienys and Kindle are in the middle of the room

I'm not sure about that, but I will confirm when I see the map and where the chandelier is.

Rolling initiative
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-15, 06:01 PM
OOC:
Rolling initiative
[roll0]

You said something, right? Anyway, what I meant was when you were near it, not necessarily right under. Also, I'm not sure if we'll need a map this time after all for reasons that require knowledge of what it'll do.

Adeen
2010-09-15, 06:03 PM
You posted something, right? Anyway, what I meant was when you were near it, not necessarily right under.

Right. Sorry, was editing post.

I post from the hip (haha, get it) and edit later a lot, I need to learn to be more patient.

Gray Mage
2010-09-15, 06:04 PM
Right, sorry, was editing post.

Nah, it's cool. It's just that I'm having a really long day, so I will probably say some stupid things now and then. Expect some edits today. :smalltongue:

Gray Mage
2010-09-15, 06:24 PM
Double post.
Because of maptool's whims, the upper passage now is ten-feet wide.
http://i.imagehost.org/0651/House.png (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0651/House)
This is only a partial, but the room is symetrical.
The brown is the second floor, the thing that looks like dirt is the stairs and the rest is the first floor.
Chandelier is in H8, H9, I8 and I9.
Sorry for the amount of confusion.

Zeofar
2010-09-15, 06:30 PM
"Monster! Chandelier!" Wolfram shouts as he sees the tentacles moving about. He drops his sword and gets his bow ready for an attack.
OOC

I was going to do a throw, but it looks like I'd be going for a -16 penalty :smalleek:, so I'm just drawing my bow instead.

[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-15, 06:37 PM
Wolfram draws his bow, but not before the creature acted. Suddenly, most of the first floor, together with most of the stairs and the chandelier are envolved in darkness, no one of you can see even your own nose.

Initiative

Monster 15
Irienys 12
Wolfram 6

First round starts, and I don't think a map will be needed.

Adeen
2010-09-15, 08:19 PM
Irienys sees the monster and the others of her party for only a brief moment before her sight is taken away. Everything around her looks like it is completely gone. Not just black, dark, or empty, but it looks like nothing. Like a huge amount of nothingness appeared out of nowhere. Being as old as she is, and given her heritage, she has been learned about such feats of magic, but she has never had the unfortunate ascertaining experience of it firsthand. Needless to say, she is a bit struck back for a moment.

Only a second passes before she realizes what's going on and jumps back into action. Seeing the monster's long tentacles closing in at her, she runs backwards as far as she can and proceeds to launch an arrow at the ugly beast.

Moves all the way back from H11 to H14 (15 feet)
Fires an arrow
EDIT: Adding In Point Blank Shot since I'm closer now.
Attack roll: [roll0] + 1 = 22 (minus whatever concealment)
Damage Roll: [roll1] + Skirmish [roll2] = 7 + 1 = 8
Crit Threat Roll: [roll3]

Doombringer
2010-09-15, 09:05 PM
Imsh looked to Wolfram it seemed they had a problem. "Alright..lets take care of this." Imsh woud wait and look for an opening curious to just what the heck was making it so hard to see..even for him. "This is not normal darkness!" yelled the half-orc "be on guard!"

Rolls:
Initiative
[roll0]

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-15, 09:51 PM
Init: [roll0]

Dada
2010-09-16, 03:18 AM
[roll0]

Aron utters a curse as the magical darkness encases the room.

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 07:42 AM
Acting Order:
Imsh
Kindle
Creature
Irienys
Aron
Wolfram

Some actions would be nice, also Juke, is Kindle's AC in the room?

Zeofar
2010-09-16, 10:22 AM
OOC

I think it makes sense for me to be in G1 or something? I dunno, tell me if I should be in another space.
Unless any light source appears before my turn, I will take out a sunrod, light it, and put in in my belt.

I'll then make an attack with my longbow against the monster in H8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saves

Reflex:[roll2]
Will:[roll3]
Fortitude[roll4]

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 10:25 AM
OOC

I think it makes sense for me to be in G1 or something? I dunno, tell me if I should be in another space.

You guys have complete autonomy on where your chars are placed, as long as it's consistent with your posts. So anywhere on the second floor left wall is fine.

Doombringer
2010-09-16, 10:42 AM
Imsh looks to the thing and grabs his flail in hand before moving quickly towards the stairs trying to head down the stairs. "Well seems like I am going to have to get closer to this thing." Imsh then quickly took off trying to get down with the allies in time. "Watch yourselves this thing is tricky!"

Ooc:
I am double moving trying to get down with the others and provide some protection.

Dada
2010-09-16, 10:55 AM
I don't know where the door we entered from is, but I'll double move towards the stairs as well.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-16, 03:29 PM
Kindle would probably be lagging behind, to tell the truth, searching to see if he missed anything while following Irienys. But at the shouts of his allies, he would be sprinting towards the noise (so double moving towards the battle is my action).

OOC:
Spot check (for double checking to see if I missed anything): [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 03:40 PM
Kindle will apear on K17, and isn't in the dark.(Your AC is with you or not?)

Aron, Imsh and wolfram whent through the door in I0.

DM
Slam [roll0] Damage [roll1] Grapple[roll2] vs [roll3]

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-16, 04:19 PM
My AC is right behind me.

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 04:22 PM
My AC is right behind me.

Is he going to act too?

Also Kirrik: tumbling drops your move to one half, so the your move should be edited, again.

Adeen
2010-09-16, 04:35 PM
Irienys is hit hard and she yells loud from the force of the blow. She proceeds to try and tumble away from the beast. She fails in tumbling but some how still didn't get hit again!

Move action to tumble 10 feet to h13
[roll0]
And... fail.

Instead I take a 5 foot step.

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 04:37 PM
Irienys is hit hard yells loud from the force of the blow. She proceeds to try and tumble away from the beast.

Move action to tumble 10 feet to h13
[roll0]

You couldn't tumble succesfully. As I don't want a possible PC death this early, would you settle for a five-feet step?

Adeen
2010-09-16, 04:45 PM
You couldn't tumble succesfully. As I don't want a possible PC death this early, would you settle for a five-feet step?

Yes, and as my standard action I will fire a friggin arrow at this thing!
Can I just use my old rolls?

Fires an arrow
EDIT: Adding In Point Blank Shot since I'm closer now.
Attack roll: [roll0] + 1 = 22 (minus whatever concealment)
Damage Roll: [roll1] + Skirmish [roll2] = 7 + 1 = 8
Crit Threat Roll: [roll3]

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 04:47 PM
Yes, and as my standard action I will fire a friggin arrow at this thing!
Can I just use my old rolls?

Yes, it just needs a miss chance roll. 1 you miss, 2 you hit.
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 05:00 PM
Double posting to end this turn. Everyone who moved in the second floor is near the place where the stair was, Wolfram has fired his arrow and ...[roll0] misses. The arrow is stuck in the floor.

Second round then.

Adeen
2010-09-16, 05:11 PM
"I'm hurt!!" she shouts.
Irienys attempts to move away from the monster even more. She then pulls out a tindertwig and strikes it to light it up.

Moves from h12 to h15.

Still don't know if that tindertwig will do anything or not yet about the darkness.
Throwing Attack Roll [roll0] to hit the monster with the sunrod.
EDIT: Just realized that's too many actions.

Dada
2010-09-16, 05:20 PM
Can I get within ten feet of the beast with one move action? I guess I can't charge since it's dark.

Edit: Oops, sorry, meant to post this in the OOC thread. Will edit this post once I know the answer.

Gray Mage
2010-09-16, 06:10 PM
Can I get within ten feet of the beast with one move action? I guess I can't charge since it's dark.

Edit: Oops, sorry, meant to post this in the OOC thread. Will edit this post once I know the answer.

I'd say yes, you can. No charging though.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-16, 06:20 PM
Hearing the cries of his allies, Kindle shouts, "Retreat to the back door! We can regroup and attack again!"

OOC:
I am in the entrance to the back door, so hopefully, they'll be able to use my voice to guide themselves to the light.

Doombringer
2010-09-16, 08:07 PM
"Next time do not seperate this is what happens when you seperate." Imsh moves down and tries to knock the crap out of the things..his flail spinning with momentum the sound of it cutting through the air was only stopped when he tried to slam into into the beast body.

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dada
2010-09-17, 03:46 AM
As Aron makes his way through the darkness, he hears Irenys shouting in pain.
'Hang on Iren, we're coming!' he shouts, as he finally reaches the staircase. He brings his Guisarme down on the tentacled thing with all his might.

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (1 misses, 2 hits)

dexter654
2010-09-17, 05:07 AM
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum, I am intrested in stories and read a lot. The stories and dialogues in this thread are so nice. I wanted to know what the dialogues are about.

Gray Mage
2010-09-17, 06:22 AM
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum, I am intrested in stories and read a lot. The stories and dialogues in this thread are so nice. I wanted to know what the dialogues are about.

Well, this thread is of a D&D 3.5 ed game that I wrote and they are playing. It's nice to know that the story is good, but if you'd like to comment or discuss something, please post in the OOC thread that is linked in the first post.

Zeofar
2010-09-17, 10:14 AM
Hearing the sound of the battle further up, Wolfram grabs his sword and heads towards the combat.

OOC
I grab my sword, and move 15 feet towards the stairs (what square does that put me in?). Since unsheathing can be done along with a move action, I presume that I can put away my bow while taking the move.

Gray Mage
2010-09-17, 10:17 AM

OOC
I grab my sword, and move 15 feet towards the stairs (what square does that put me in?). Since unsheathing can be done along with a move action, I presume that I can put away my bow while taking the move.

Why only 15 feet? The second floor isn't in the darkness. Or do you mean you jumped?

Zeofar
2010-09-17, 01:08 PM
Wait, what? I thought I was in darkness this whole time. If I can move more, then I will, I guess.

Suddenly, most of the first floor, together with most of the stairs and the chandelier are envolved in darkness, no one of you can see even your own nose.
I guess I figured you forgot to mention the second floor, since you said that none of us could see anything. I think I got it now, though.

Gray Mage
2010-09-17, 04:39 PM
Imsh darts to where the creature sounds like it was, hitting hard with his flail. Unfortunatly it would be best if the beast didn't evade the attack.

Kindle will return to the dinning room, it's eerily quiet there.

The beast decided that it's too much hassle to go after the elf when there's a target standing next to him. Imsh feels the creature's tentacles brush off his armor, almost hitting him.

Kirrik move's away from the monster (not sure where though) and lightes her match, she can feel the heat near her fingers, but it shedes absolutely no light.

Zeofar darts towards the stairs, guarding his bow and drawing his sword and stops at B6.

Aron, hearing that Imsh failed to slay the beast, tries to get the job done, however the dark proves to be a great shield, as his blow goes far away from it.

Doombringer
2010-09-17, 11:32 PM
"You have done you fair share of making me angry today!" Imsh then lifts that flail once more and swings it toward the beast hoping for better results this time. He growled and bellowed out towards the darkness as the flail swung with whistling momentum past his ear "Just die already!"

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gray Mage
2010-09-18, 08:30 AM
Imsh's flail makes a wide arc, hitting the creature straight in the head. A loud *Thud* is heard when it falls on the ground. The room, however is still as unlit as ever.

60XP for you five.

What do you do now?

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-18, 09:55 AM
Imsh's battlecry echoes emptily in Kindle's ears. The profound silence is almost overwhelming as he wanders through the room. Something was amiss, but Kindle couldn't remember what...

OOC:
Spot Check [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-18, 09:58 AM
Imsh's battlecry echoes emptily in Kindle's ears. The profound silence is almost overwhelming as he wanders through the room. Something was amiss, but Kindle couldn't remember what...

OOC:
Spot Check [roll0]

Are you in the dinning room or the hall? If it's the hall you don't see anything as most of it is in the darkness.
If it's the dinning room
It's the wall

Adeen
2010-09-18, 10:51 AM
I put the tindertwig out before it burns my hand.
With the sound of a great thump, and hearing Imsh's tremendous rage, Irienys concludes from the silence of the beast that it must have perished. Irienys relaxes a moment after being almost completely winded. She continues back towards the dining hall and regroups with Kindle.

"I received a massive beating from that beast back there, do you know if anyone in this group can help heal me?"

Irienys then thought of the others and thought it would be best if we all stuck together this time. So she yelled to the others."We're in the dining room, come follow my voice! Let's regroup!"

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-18, 01:49 PM
Irienys' shout startles Kindle from his stupor; he whirls around, shortspear readied, eyes ablaze...but only for a moment. Kindle lowers his spear and points at the wall. It's different.

OOC:
I will point out how it's different as soon as I know.

Gray Mage
2010-09-18, 01:52 PM
I will point out how it's different as soon as I know.

But I already told you when you entered this room in the first time.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-18, 04:08 PM
Are you in the dinning room or the hall? If it's the hall you don't see anything as most of it is in the darkness.
If it's the dinning room
It's the wall

What about the wall is different? Or is nothing different?

Gray Mage
2010-09-18, 04:11 PM
What about the wall is different? Or is nothing different?

It's hollow, remember?

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-18, 09:57 PM
It's hollow, remember?

Yes. But is anything else different?

Gray Mage
2010-09-18, 10:03 PM
Yes. But is anything else different?

No, outside that it's normal.

Zeofar
2010-09-18, 10:48 PM
Arriving too late, Wolfram hears the thud of the creature's defeat long before he reaches the stairs. Good. Enough trouble from that thing already. He sheathes his sword as he approaches the inky blackness. "Imsh, let's get this beast out of the darkness so we can see what it is. I'd rather try to find out more about it in case there are more lurking about."

OOC
If at all necessary, a strength check to drag the creature up the stairs. If Imsh helps me, then I guess it should be an Aid Another check.
[roll0]

Dada
2010-09-19, 05:51 AM
As the beast falls to the floor with a loud thud, Aron continues on, following the voices of Kindle and Irenys into the other room.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-19, 08:42 AM
Kindle motions towards the skeletons awaiting their last meal, "They deserve a proper burial. After we have rid this town of the Jarroir, let us return here and dig them a proper grave."

Gray Mage
2010-09-19, 01:36 PM
@Zeofar: You don't need a strenght check as dragging is covered in your encumberance. Also, aid another checks are normal ones. I'll use the best result as the main and the lesser as the aid another.

Wolfram drags the thing up the stairs, revealing a four feet long squid or octupus-like creature, it's stone-like shell is smashed and an arrow is stuck in one of it's eyes. A little trail of blood is left on the floor.

Doombringer
2010-09-19, 02:14 PM
Imsh looks to Wolfram and then towards the sound of the voice. "We better mee up with them..from the sounds of it one was hurt in battle." Imsh then patted Wolfram's back and moved towards the sound of the others voice. Imsh seeing the girl looked to her frowning. "I can't heal you...who here can tend her wounds?"

Zeofar
2010-09-19, 11:39 PM
Wolfram follows Irienys' voice and Imsh into the dining room.

Gray Mage
2010-09-19, 11:42 PM
The door opens revealing the dinning room, once beautiful paintings, now ruined from the negligence, cover the walls. Dense webs are set everywhere, leading you to think that no one has set foot inside for some time. The table is still set, with plates and iron silverware arranged neatly in the big table on the middle. The table is 10-feet-wide and 30-feet long, and is positioned in the middle of the room. In fact, there still seem to be people waiting for the food to be served: four skeletons are placed on the chairs, their eyeless gaze fixed on god knows what.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-20, 02:37 PM
Kindle lays his hands on Irienys' cheeks and allows the divine energy to flow through his hands. "Forgive me for not tending to your wounds earlier; my judgement was momentarily compromised."

OOC:
Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-09-20, 02:39 PM
Kindle lays his hands on Irienys' cheeks and allows the divine energy to flow through his hands. "Forgive me for not tending to your wounds earlier; my judgement was momentarily compromised."

OOC:
Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

I'm afraid that you already used your CLW in the boy, so you can't heal her. You could either move on, or try to find someone that can.

Yay, senility.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-20, 02:44 PM
I'm afraid that you already used your CLW in the boy, so you can't heal her. You could either move on, or try to find someone that can.

I thought I used Cure Minor...

EDIT: and I forgot about my feat which adds 2 to the amount healed, which heals you for a total of 8 healed, which gets you up to maximum.

Gray Mage
2010-09-20, 02:46 PM
I thought I used Cure Minor...

Yes, you did. I'm sorry for that. It's just that you didn't cross the spells out, so I traded it in my head.

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-20, 02:47 PM
Yes, you did. I'm sorry for that. It's just that you didn't cross the spells out, so I traded it in my head.

Sorry about that, I fixed my character sheet.

Gray Mage
2010-09-20, 02:49 PM
Sorry about that, I fixed my character sheet.

It's ok, we all make mistakes. Also Augment Healing only gives you +2 to the heal, or are you using one other than the one in CDiv?

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-20, 03:08 PM
It's ok, we all make mistakes. Also Augment Healing only gives you +2 to the heal, or are you using one other than the one in CDiv?

Right. Sorry. My bad. I was thinking we were level 3 for some reason.

Doombringer
2010-09-20, 04:32 PM
Imsh looks to Kindle and frowns "Is she going to be okay?" Imsh of course then looked around the room arching a brow at the skeletons and then said "Why would someone place skeletons like this at a table?" He then looked closer over the skeletons wondering if they were restrained or if the clothes they were wearing were much to new for them. "Who ever did this has a serious mental problem."

Jukebox Hero
2010-09-20, 06:27 PM
Her wounds have been tended to, but this wall here has not. It needs to be broken down. It is hollow and I see no other way to see what is behind it. I lack the strength to do so, but perhaps you and Imsh do.