PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Adventures of the Limping Lady IC

Graybacca
2010-08-22, 04:49 PM
STAR WARS:
The Adventures of the Limping Lady

Episode I: On The Road to Adventure....Or so we Hope.....

It's a time of great unrest and civil war in the galaxy,
every day the rebel cause seems to grow stronger,
but they have yet to achieve any great victories,
against the Empire, and it minions,
But for now are heroes have other concerns..... (http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/crawl_creator/index.jsp?cs=qbaae2p3sx)

It Midday and like every other day on this twin sun bleach world of Tatooine it hot and dusty, You ALL find yourselves walking down one of Mos Eisley's main thoroughfares, pushing thought the crowds to get to the cool sanctuary of the cantina at the city's center.

whoiam
2010-08-22, 05:56 PM
Epona

The others might be travelling to the cantina at midday, but Epona was not.

For a very obvious reason: She'd been at the cantina already.

She'd drawn the morning shift.

Not that she minded - she remembered enough of her training to drop into a Jedi Trance instead of sleeping the night before. She'd had plenty of time to get to the cantina in the morning, and prepare for her set...

...which lasted from dawn to midday.

Once midday arrived... well, she was in the cantina already, and had no other engagements for the day. She'd grab a drink from the barman (part of her contract entitled her to free drinks from the end of each set until she left the cantina) and start scanning the tables and the entrances... she was looking for travelling types speaking in Basic.

But the morning drinkers were mostly regulars. Familiar faces that she knew had nothing she was after.

What a boring crowd... she noted to herself, a thought that would have instantly warned her she needed to find a new job, had she not already known she was bored of this cantina.

Well, she wasn't due back on stage until the following day. So she drained her drink and stepped outside. True, this meant she'd have to pay for anymore drinks she wanted today, but that was compensated by her having a chance to look for fresh spacers... and fresh gossip...

SuperCracker
2010-08-22, 06:09 PM
"Ordo... you must fight the Empire, Ordo. You must face the dark side."

Those were a few of the words the spectral visage of his master said to him a few weeks ago... and honestly, Joker bought it. He did feel he was wasting his life smuggling contraband for various galactic creeps. Joker wanted to get out there and do something. The problem was that he had no ship, little training, and no idea how to hook up with anyone else opposing the Empire. So, he needed to brainstorm... and the best place for that (...well, it's not really he best place) is the cantina!

So here he was, heading towards the cantina for a drink.

Daisuke1133
2010-08-22, 06:09 PM
Cabur was not pleased. He'd been on Tatooine for a week and he was still no closer to finding Odala Tsmocren. Neither what she was doing here nor where she was now.

She was probably not even here to begin with. And even if she was I can't see what she could hope to gain, other than setting up a damn glass factory.

"I'm going to have to give my equipment an extensive once-over when I leave this place." He sighed to himself. He looked up to the sky and said to himself, "I hope they're alright."

bacon
2010-08-22, 08:39 PM
Dreem walked down the street towards the cantina, recognizing a few acquaintances. He didn't know any of them very well, but he knew they were interested in joining that galaxy-wide gang that hated the imps. Sounded like a good time to him.

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-22, 08:41 PM
Berk power slides up to the front of the cantina, spraying dust all over the crowds in the thoroughfare. Dismounting his swoop, he looks around muttering "I cannot wait to get off of this fierfek planet." Walking into the cantina, he remarks to himself "Hive of scum and villany, eh? Right."

Looking around, "Where is he?"

Reverent-One
2010-08-23, 09:02 PM
Karbin is on his way to the cantina as usual so he can stay hydrated on this dry dust ball of a planet. The usual crowds slow him down as the cantina is an common destination whether one is seeking business or pleasure. He does not take kindly being pushed though, threatening in huttese a jawa that loses control of one of it's droids, which then almost barrels over the Mon Calamari, "<Watch your goods vermin.>"

SuperCracker
2010-08-23, 09:43 PM
Joker continued down the street, kicking a rock. He was a human with green eyes and short black hair, wearing a black flight-suit with a heavy blaster pistol holstered at his side. He was lost in thought. Fight the Empire. It's not like he could use his imaginary force turbolasers to take out all the Star Destroyers.

Well, hopefully his erstwhile compatriots would have a way off this rock. That's a definite step one.

Gamgee
2010-08-23, 11:03 PM
Mon'Teh'Zuma
He is briskly strolling along looking at all the food vendors and taking in the sights and smells. Especially the smells. Most people are too afraid to go close to the giant red monstrosity drooling over food with a growl from his tummy as loud as a Gundark. That and his sharp pointy sticks put them off.

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-23, 11:28 PM
Spoting Mon'Teh"Zuma in the crowd, Berk walks up to him. Speaking in the hissing guttural tones of Massassai <"Mon'Teh'Zuma! Nice of you to show up finally. Hey come on, quit scaring the locals. If your hungry buy some damn food.">

SuperCracker
2010-08-23, 11:41 PM
(As all of our characters know each other.)

Joker spotted Zuma and Berk pretty easily. They tend to stand out together... well, at least Zuma does. Joker strolled right on up to them. Gentlemen! And I use that term loosely." Joker grinned, bursting with good nature. Being a total criminal, they would know that he was giving them compliments. "I'd try the Bantha meat. I know they don't look that good, but they're tender."

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-23, 11:59 PM
"So is bantha poodoo, doesn't mean i'm gonna eat it." Berk responds with a equally friendly smile while reaching his hand out towards Joker.

SuperCracker
2010-08-24, 12:13 AM
"Well that means you're not cooking it right." Joker grinned a bit more and shook Berk's hand solidly. "You guys haven't had any luck with the transportation yet, have you?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-24, 12:40 AM
"Well my swoop is running fine, but other than that, not a bit. And just what sort of trouble have you been up to today?"

SuperCracker
2010-08-24, 12:45 AM
"Just thinking about this one annoying guy who shows up and gives me profound advice." He was silent for a beat before going back to full steam. "And looking for a way off this hellhole. I'd normally commit some sort of criminal activity, like smuggling, to get us out of here... but we all know what happened to my ship on the last run." It was miracle he was alive, but that's the story of his life.

whoiam
2010-08-25, 05:43 AM
Epona

It was on the return journey from the spaceport that Epona spotted some faces she recognised. Recognised as occasional visitors to the cantina - she didn't usually get much of a chance to talk to those.

She had work to do, after all.

But not today! She'd done her shift and had time to spare. So she stopped by the group of Joker, Zuma and Berk.

"Ahh, Customers!" she greeted them. "But wait, if Zuma's out here, who's propping up the cantina bar? They hired in some of Jabba's favourite Bith this week. They were tuning up when I came off-stage. It'll crush the owner's little... does he have hearts?... If the Bith don't up his audience."

Gamgee
2010-08-25, 07:38 PM
Mon'Teh'Zuma
"Mmm... Bantha...." are the only words that are able to be understood from him at this moment. He looks around at the stalls as they walk hoping to see some. Unless he spots some sort of meat shop he will probably just go with the others.

SuperCracker
2010-08-25, 07:58 PM
Joker gave a big wave to Epona when he saw her. "What's cookin', girl? Wait.. bad choice of words." He said as Zuma reiterated his hunger. "You know, there's this good song is played by a Bith band. Bu-de-du-de-... you know.. I forgot how it goes." He tapped Zuma and pointed towards a meat shop, heading that way. "I'm sure we'll end up at the cantina, but we have to at least try to get our hands on a way out of here."

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-25, 10:53 PM
"So far I haven't even been able to find a ride of this dustball. Let alone a paying gig, and I'm the best fierfek pilot to be found, if I do say so myself!"

Watching Joker walk over to the meat shop Berk speaking Massassai <"Go with Joker I thinking he's gonna go get some grub.">

Speaking with Epona "Bith band? They any good? It isn't that Neo-Corellian synth-blues/dance pop is it? I cannot stand that garbage! I spent some time, uh... with some Corellian officials and that's all he, uh they listened to."

SuperCracker
2010-08-25, 10:58 PM
"So far I haven't even been able to find a ride of this dustball. Let alone a paying gig, and I'm the best fierfek pilot to be found, if I do say so myself!"

"That's true. No one I'd rather have as a wingman, let me tell you." Oh yes... they will be a squadron, one day.

whoiam
2010-08-26, 11:15 AM
Epona
"Yeah, Bith band. More classic core Jazz, I think - Remember, they're players Jabba likes - and the slugs aren't exactly famous for their love of dancing. Well, not of *doing* dancing, anyway."

There's quite an expressive shrug from the dancer. "Not my problem anyway. They'd never agree to share the stage with a dancer, so I'm not around much while they play. Ego always creeps up on you when you least expect it, huh?"

Diplomatically, Epona avoids calling attention back to the lack of transport situation. She was of the firm belief that unless she was going to do something about it herself, she should probably keep quiet on the subject.

SuperCracker
2010-08-26, 11:32 AM
Epona
"Yeah, Bith band. More classic core Jazz, I think - Remember, they're players Jabba likes - and the slugs aren't exactly famous for their love of dancing. Well, not of *doing* dancing, anyway."

There's quite an expressive shrug from the dancer. "Not my problem anyway. They'd never agree to share the stage with a dancer, so I'm not around much while they play. Ego always creeps up on you when you least expect it, huh?"

Joker shook his head and smiled sympathetically. He was genuinely a nice guy, even though he and his friends didn't exactly have a squeaky-clean reputation. "If those bulb-headed horn-blowers don't want you up there lighting up the joint-- which you do-- then forget them. They don't know how to put on a top notch show." He stopped at the meat vendor and pointed out a huge slab of Bantha meat. "Now that is meat, Zuma. I bet that'll last you at least... a snack?"

whoiam
2010-08-26, 11:48 AM
Epona
"Oh, they're good at what they do. Just not, you know, as good as they think they are. Still, it would be a nice change to dance with some proper live music instead of a backing track. It's a lot harder to work a crowd when the beat is fixed in stone..."

Epona sniffed a couple of times as the Bantha meat was presented to Zuma, but declined to comment.

If there's one thing I regret about being raised a Jedi, it's that the catering in the Jedi Temple was wonderful. Which makes eating the food out *here* all the harder...

Daisuke1133
2010-08-26, 11:49 AM
After searching for his companions, Cabur quickly walks over to join them. He says nothing of his personal searches and looks quite like he does not wish to discuss it. He loses himself in their, to his perceptions, quite trivial banter. It helps him to forget his failures, at least for the moment before he considers other matters, namely just how they are going to get off this worthless dust-ball of a planet and into the greater galaxy at large.

Graybacca
2010-08-26, 12:12 PM
(( OK guy give me some perception checks))

Daisuke1133
2010-08-26, 12:13 PM
(( erm, should we be posting here or the ooc thread? ))

Graybacca
2010-08-26, 12:15 PM
(((Right here's fine)))

Daisuke1133
2010-08-26, 12:16 PM
(( okay then, Perception Check [roll0] ))

SuperCracker
2010-08-26, 12:19 PM
(Perception Check)
[roll0]

Gamgee
2010-08-26, 02:22 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Reverent-One
2010-08-26, 02:31 PM
Perception-[roll0]

whoiam
2010-08-26, 04:40 PM
Perception: [roll0]
Edit: Sorry, typo. That should be +7 not +10, for a total of 26.

bacon
2010-08-26, 08:06 PM
Perception [roll0]

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-27, 12:11 AM
Perception [roll0]

Graybacca
2010-08-27, 11:53 AM
whoiam, Reverent-One

you here a Mechanical enhanced voice shout Halt you rebel Scum and the distinct sound of Imperial E-11 blaster rifle and the return fire of a hand blaster

Gamgee, SuperCracker,

you here the distinct sound of Imperial E-11 blaster rifle and the return fire of a hand blaster

Everyone,

As you walk suddenly you here what sounds like Blaster fire coming from a garbage filled side alley, moments later a a haggard man in a pilots gear stumbles though and out of the garbage filled alley and fall face down in front of you his arm outstretched, in his hand he holds a Data cartridge, weakly you here him say, The Tape.....our only hope.......

Reverent-One
2010-08-27, 12:29 PM
Realizing who this man probably is, Karbin quickly kneels down and palms the data cartridge, saying quietly if there's any trace of life left in him, "Don't worry friend, I'll do my best to get this into the right hands, but I need to know where can I find them and if there is a ship you know about that can get me there."

SuperCracker
2010-08-27, 12:42 PM
Joker turned quickly towards the sound of an Imperial blaster rifle. He quickly drew his own heavy blaster pistol. Hearing what his Mon Calamari acquaintance said, it became fairly obvious what was happening here. Joker took a deep breath. Now he had to choose: drifting smuggler, or Jedi? Meander through life without a care, or take the responsibility of facing the dark side?

Well... it always feels good to be called a hero. Besides, his ghostly mentor would never let him hear the end of it if he didn't.

Joker moved up to the entrance of the alley, crouching down at the wall to gain some cover as he peered into the alleyway, covering for this exchange.

"If we're going to do this, we should hurry. There'll be more helmet-heads on their way any second."

Daisuke1133
2010-08-27, 06:24 PM
Of all the times." Cabur commented as he joined Joker at the opposite side of the entrance, his rifle at the ready and prepared to fire.

Looks like things are about to get very interesting.

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-27, 07:58 PM
Oblivious to the apparent danger Berk quickly starts checking the man for anything useful, such as credits and the like.

Perception: Search [roll0]

bacon
2010-08-27, 08:13 PM
Dreem glances around, wondering what his companions care for the fallen man, who fell in what appeared to be a infrequent but not altogether unexpected shootout.

Seeing how they seemed to have an inkling of what was happening, he followed their lead on weapons and pulled out his force pike, letting the familiar hum fill the air.

Graybacca
2010-08-28, 11:41 AM
As Karbin takes the data cartridge he noticed the symbol of the imperial navy and a set astrogation coordinates carved into the casing of the cartridge by probably knife point. unfortunately the man is unable to answer you as he is very much dead.

Berk quickly Searches the body and finds x4 power packs and 1225 credits if split evenly its about 175 credits a peace and nothing else.

Joker & Cabur look down the alley and spot 6 stormtrooper coming up the alley as fast as they can, though they are being hampered by the garbage filled ally, as they do you hear them shout you there Halt in the name of the Empire!, it becomes obvious to you that if you all chose to run now and try to get lost in the crowed you'd be able to escape them easily.

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-28, 01:01 PM
"Travah! Mata backa ava whirlee's tuswana!" Berk shouts in huttese, hoping the troopers don't speak it. "Cha bolla nurrah backa!"

He then grabs Mon'Teh'Zuma's arm and jumps on his swoop, waiting for Monty to jump on before speeding away.

Scatter! Meet backstage at the dancer's bar. Don't go straight back!

Graybacca
2010-08-28, 01:08 PM
unfortunate for Berk he left hes bike down the street when he stopped to get the food and is now blocked in he'll have to run for on foot and come back for the bike later.

SuperCracker
2010-08-28, 01:25 PM
@ Berk (In Huttese)
"You got it. If you get pinned down, shout out over the com."

@Cabur
Joker looked across the way to Cabur and motioned for him to go the opposite direction.

@Epona
He then looked at Epona. "Alright. Let's bolt." And Joker took off running, cutting into a different alleyway.

bacon
2010-08-28, 01:28 PM
Dreem starts putting pieces together with the arrival of the stormtroopers. The man must have been a rebel contact the others knew. He resists the urge to run to attack the stormtroopers, revenge for his gangmates will have to wait. He turns to run and responds to Berk in Huttese.

Huttese Speakers only
Sounds good. See you soon.

He runs into the crowd hoping to keep from being seen.

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-08-28, 02:30 PM
"Fierfek" Realizing that he can't make it to his swoop, he then tries to make his way on foot.

Daisuke1133
2010-08-28, 07:22 PM
Cabur chafes at the idea of running from a battle but he knows finding out what is stored on the data cartridge is far more important. He nods at Joker before running of in the opposite direction and taking a randomly circuitous route back to the cantina.

Gamgee
2010-08-29, 11:31 AM
Mon'Teh'Zuma

He turns at the sound of blaster fire and has just finished throwing down a few credit chips at a meat vendor. He finished his piece of slightly rancid meat most species would have reported the vendor for. None the less he was delighted for the all of a split second he got to enjoy it.

Before he could say or do anything he was being dragged off with Berk. As he goes he pulls out his static pike and it snaps to life with a small crackle and a pop of electricity.

Reverent-One
2010-08-30, 10:36 PM
Stepping away from the dead body, Karbin slips the data cartridge into a pocket as he breaks off into the crowd, meaning to meet up with his fellows at the cantina later.

Graybacca
2010-08-31, 11:45 AM
The Stormtroopers give it a valiant effort in chasing you all, you wind your way up different alleys turning left & right trying to lose the troopers, and after what seems like 20 minutes you do, you all emerge from your different alleys into the another alley and find yourselves altogether, across from the alley entrance, you have a clear view of the entrance to docking bay 34 and next to the door is a ultrapainted sign: "Must sell Today! Stock light freighter. Inquire Within."

SuperCracker
2010-08-31, 11:49 AM
Joker looked at the sign, breathing heavily from all that running. He then glanced left... glanced right... then back at the sign. He nearly rammed down the door to get in there. He came running through the opened door, skidding to a halt. "We'll take it!"

(Imagine this as the "comic relief" moment of the chase.)

Gamgee
2010-08-31, 12:41 PM
Mon'Teh'Zuma
He looks at the sign which is all garbed to him wondering why Joker was so happy after he seen it. Curious he decided to follow him.

whoiam
2010-08-31, 03:28 PM
Epona
Quietly: "Maybe you should check what the price is... and whether or not any of us want to pay it... before promising it to someone?"

Epona had come out of the chase fairly well simply by walking. Removing her top (she had regular clothing on over her dancing 'uniform') and strolling into the crowd was enough to shield her from the chasing trooper's view. From there, all she had to do was follow the sound of Zuma's flight. Simple really.

But now she was here, and quite annoyed that her meagre savings were about to be thrown away on an old banger...

SuperCracker
2010-09-01, 12:01 AM
Epona
Quietly: "Maybe you should check what the price is... and whether or not any of us want to pay it... before promising it to someone?

Joker didn't respond verbally, but he gave her a sheepish smile. At the same time, though, he did need to examine this. He calmed down, took a moment, and let the Force help him decide. After all, he promised he would trust it more, right?

Search Your Feelings- Use the Force: [roll0]

whoiam
2010-09-01, 03:33 AM
Epona

[roll0]

Regardless, once Epona had gotten over the initial shock of Joker's declaration, she wasn't that badly disposed towards the idea. While it did seem dangerously like she was inviting the Empire's attention after so many years of hiding from it - they would dearly love to catch one of the old Jedi, after all, even one who had sunk as far out of sight as she had - she knew this was a clear chance to reach the rebellion. Somewhere where she could be a Jedi again, instead of an exotic dancer.

The thought almost made her giddy...

"Apologies for my rather rash friend, Master Merchant" Epona greeted the seller. "Before signing a contract or randomly throwing money in your direction, may we ask the sale price for your ship?"

Assuming the seller is actually there at the moment, and Joker managed to attract their attention.

Reverent-One
2010-09-01, 08:37 PM
Karbin is slightly suspicious of their turn of fortunes, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a trap. He still follows the others in, just a little warily.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-02, 07:58 AM
After losing the Stormtroopers two alleys ago and going down five more and cutting through a flea market, Cabur finally stopped running and allowed himself to take a breather. Once he had his breathing under control, he looked around trying to find any of the others.

If I were Joker, where would I be?

Cabur then sees the gaudily painted sign advertising a starship.

Bingo.

Graybacca
2010-09-02, 11:46 AM
Joker greeted by the site of 10 Nikto thug in fatigue clothing sitting and cleaning there blaster in and around by the ramp to a Corellian freighter, they seem slightly surprised by Joker's entrance one of the Thug shugs and gets up and goes up the ramp moment later he come back out in the company of a well dressed Balosar male just in time to hear Epona question, and he answer well certainly my dear, she 30,000 credits, but you can have it today for a down payment of 8,000 credits.

Joker & Epona
Joker sense nothing much at the moment because of his lack of focus.

Epona on the other hand sense that this is where she should be at the moment and that this could be the event that will lead her on to her destiny, she also detects Joker's clumsy attempt to use the force

(((OOC: whoiam and anyone how wants make a Knowledge check ether galactic lore or Tatooine to identify how your dealing with, whoiam since your character has been on Tatooine the longest you get a +3 bonus to this check.)))

Gamgee
2010-09-02, 04:25 PM
Mon'Te'Zuma
Massasi to Berk:
"Can't we just crush some skulls and take this? Or would there be more trouble later?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-02, 11:16 PM
Berk produces a sly grin and responds in Massassai <'You know Monty, I really like that idea...but I see eleven men, and we are but seven. Perhaps we could even the odds. Come with me and when I make my move, back me up.'>

After the brief conversation with Mon'Teh'Zuma, Berk walks up to where a couple of the thugs are off on their own (By that I mean a couple that semi-isolated)

Speaking in Huttese, "Uba dwana wanga? Mi an mi patessa ata bosco de blastoh. Su buh wabdah nenoleeya ubah ruyla? Che copah ubah che blastohs?".

Translation: "You sell gun? Me and my friend are looking for a blaster. Can he check out your weapon? How much for your blasters?"

Graybacca
2010-09-03, 12:59 AM
None of the thugs are really isolated there have themself set in a sorta half circle that defiantly catch your hole group in a cross fire, as Berk Mon'Te'Zuma start there approach 4 more thug descend the ramp of the ship and join the other. Berk get the same answer from all the thugs no, talk to the boss, also as berk talked he catches site of a patch on the thugs shoulder that he recognized as been a member of a gang that is associated heavily with Jabba the Hutt

SuperCracker
2010-09-03, 01:02 AM
8,000 credits? Well, first... Joker had to wonder why they were selling this thing so cheap. On the other hand, the squad of Stormtroopers out there made for a compelling demand scenario. But, being the ever present scoundrel, he leaned in close to Epona and said quietly.

"Hey... bat your eyelashes at them and butter 'em up. Maybe we can get them to go down on the price."

whoiam
2010-09-03, 06:03 AM
Epona

"Maybe we could talk a little about the price? Over lunch? I was just on my way back to the Cantina anyway... You bring your friends and I'll bring mine, and we can let them heckle the Bith musicians while we... talk..."

[roll0]

Gamgee
2010-09-03, 09:12 AM
Mon'Teh'Zuma
To Berk
"Awww, too much muscle. Should just play fair for now."

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-04, 10:12 AM
<"Yeah, you're right."> with that Berk backs off and lets the negotiation continue.

Graybacca
2010-09-04, 10:48 AM
Epona

"Maybe we could talk a little about the price? Over lunch? I was just on my way back to the Cantina anyway... You bring your friends and I'll bring mine, and we can let them heckle the Bith musicians while we... talk..."

why that's an excellent idea my dear and it will give us a chance to go over the contract details. the Balosar turns and points to four them and say you four come with me the rest of you guard the ship. you all then head to the Cantina, as you enter the Cantina you see them cleaning a Booth and removing the body of a dead Rodian.

whoiam
2010-09-04, 01:27 PM
Epona

On the way back to the cantina, Epona drops back to converse with her partners. "Okay, guys, very important question: How much money do we all have? It's kinda important I know what our bargaining position is..."

SuperCracker
2010-09-04, 01:32 PM
As he walked with Epona towards the Cantina, he answered her quietly, "A little over 3k, here. It's all I have left from my last run." Good times and loose women took all the rest, unfortunately.

As they entered the Cantina, he saw the body of the dead Rodian. Joker was certain that the Rodian was attacked before he was ever able to fire off a shot... yes.. before he was ever able to shoot first.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-04, 01:42 PM
Cabur replies to Epona, "I have 75 credits."

bacon
2010-09-04, 01:52 PM
Having kept quiet during the negotiations, Dreem speaks up, but quietly it's not wise to yell out that you have cash on you. "I have 4750 credits."

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-04, 07:38 PM
"My pockets aren't light. I also have a bit over three thousand. Monty has like twenty-five hundred, but make sure you get the paper work on it. After that we will need to check engine transponder codes."

whoiam
2010-09-05, 03:35 PM
Epona
With confirmation of the available funds, Epona rejoins the Balosar at the front of the group. She just keeps up a little idle chatter until they reach a booth in the Cantina, and then she gets down to business.

"Alright, it goes like this. We are willing to pay more than the 8,000 you wanted as a down payment. But! In return, we expect a discount on the final settlement. 1,000 credits off the total price for every extra 1,000 credits we pay up-front, say? Seems only fair. You know what life's like out here. If you get a second hand ship on credit, there's always a chance you won't live long enough to pay the balance off... So you get more of the ship's value in your pocket *right now*, but we get a discount overall... if we live long enough to enjoy it. How's that sound?"

[roll0]

Graybacca
2010-09-06, 09:12 AM
Balosar seems to consider this for a moment but then shakes his head sadly and say, I'm sorry my dear but i just can't bulge on the finale price, I do have superiors that expect to get payed. Thought i can extend the period that you have to pay the rest of the credit, instead of one standard year for you I'll give you a year and a half before you receive any reminders to pay.

whoiam
2010-09-11, 01:06 PM
Epona
"Doesn't seem much point, really - you know how smu... legitimate cargo runs are. In a year we'll either have your money or a lifetime on Kessel. 8000 up front, an extra 1000 if our engineer likes its condition once he's looked around inside, and an 'extra' 1000 if any curious sorts get the wrong answer when they ask you who bought it..."

Still workin' on the ol' Persuade: [roll0]

Graybacca
2010-09-11, 02:09 PM
Certainly, my dear that's more then accessible, Balosar reach in side his coat and pulls out a data-pad and say, Now my dear if i can get your signature, Here, here and here and finally a thumbprint here.

whoiam
2010-09-11, 02:26 PM
"Paperwork requirement's gone up recently, I see." A quick smile to the seller, and Epona steps briefly out of the Booth.

"Someone needs to sign for it. Any of you that don't mind your names going on the paperwork?"

Understansably, Epona was a little wary of having her name and thumb print written into records. Especially records the Empire might eventually want a look at. While it was true that Darth Vader was the only person she'd expect to recognise her, it also followed that he'd be the one to come after her. That thought would be enough to make even the Jedi Masters jumpy, let alone the cute Knight who'd been in retirement for a couple of decades...

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-13, 05:13 AM
"Hmm...Perhaps we should keep a low profile on this. GLOWROD! Epona act like Monty is our leader, as in that we are some sort of crimnal organization. It might help mask out presence in the future."

<"Ok, Mon'Teh'Zuma when we get up that act tough and Make your mark where I show you on those lines and stick your thumb on that, then we can get out of here.">

Grinning Berk brings Monty up to the table, "Ok chief he wants you to sign here, here and here. Then get your thumb print here."

Gamgee
2010-09-18, 10:10 PM
Monte
Monte just scratches a sign where indicated. He looks slightly confused, but doesn't seem to question it.

Graybacca
2010-09-19, 01:29 AM
The Balosar really dint care who signed just as long as it was signed for the ship. here you go dear, the Balosar hands you 2 sets of card keys and a copy of the contract to the ship, one set of keys being an extra should you need it. my dear it was a pleasure doing business with you you can take position of your ship with in the hour, OH one more thing i expect my cargo to be delivered as soon as possible and one of my men will be accompany the cargo to make shore it get there and my man has the coordinates for the delivery.

whoiam
2010-09-19, 03:31 AM
Epona

There's a sweet, sweet smile on her face as Epona draws her stun baton. "You know, to be a master criminal, that's the sort of surprise you shouldn't spring on us until after we've PAID for it."

That said, she still took the contracts with her non-armed hand, although she refused the keys. Time to glance through the fine print... and then try a renegotiation.

You had to love the 'right to cancel' parts of contract law. Specifically the whole 'if you change your mind before taking delivery of the goods' part...

Graybacca
2010-09-19, 07:35 AM
the Balosar Lets out a hearty evil laugh, No my dear you don't have the option of 'right to cancel' because if you had bothered to read the contract by putting a thumb print to said contract you gave up that right, and if you try to refuse its with in my right to put 10,000 credits bounty on each of your heads.

whoiam
2010-09-19, 07:40 AM
Epona
"No, no, no... see, you don't have me as a signatory to anything. But put as many 10,000 credit bounties as you like on Mon'Teh'Zuma's head. There is a reason I didn't sign it, you know."

True, it's not because I was afraid the Hutts would be coming after me. That's just a happy coincidence.

That said, she is still reading it. Just one surprise she'd live with. If there was anything else in the fine print, she'd just walk out. It would be cheaper to by the Massassi a ticket somewhere obscure then to spend years working through Hutt Loopholes.

Graybacca
2010-09-19, 03:40 PM
If you read the next line it says I the under signed hereby authorize that any and all known and future associates weather they be crew or passenger are are subject to this contract. should a bounty be placed the subject shall be brought before the complaint-eve and sold into slavery for a turn no shorter then there natural lives, should the subject resist deadly force is authorized.

whoiam
2010-09-19, 04:10 PM
"Not even a Hutt would try and enforce that. Because all we have to do is sign Mon'Teh'Zuma on as one of Jabba's guards, and suddenly Jabba's as liable as we are. I've been on this dirtball a decade, alright? I know a thing or two about how Hutts operate. More importantly, *I know how much Jabba likes Twi'Lek Dancing Girls.*. Now, unless you want me to take this contract to Jabba, put on my sweetest voice, and purr about how untrustworthy a certain Balosar has become..." Purring is pretty much what Epona was doing now, "then you might want to compromise a little. Because oddly enough, we're not averse to doing a cargo run for you. True, you'll have to give up something in return - I'm thinking half the price of the ship if it's such a valuable cargo that you need your own man to escort it - but I'm not saying we'd outright refuse. Of course, if there are any other stings in this tail, now might be a good time to mention them..."

[roll0]
Come on, I said Epona's reading the contract. You'll have to tell me what's in there!

...Let me know if I need to make a perception check.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-19, 04:22 PM
Still trying to restrain his outrage at the fact that this worm had threatened his comrades and his urge to shoot him, Cabur speaks up.

"While I am not opposed to acting as a courier, I want to know what we'd be transporting. And before you tell me it's none of my concern let me remind you that we're the ones who would be risking Imperial scrutiny, and we're the ones who would be held liable for that cargo's legality."

Gamgee
2010-09-19, 06:51 PM
Monte
Massassai:
"Uh, what is going on? People look mad."

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-20, 04:46 PM
In Massassai <"Negotiation."> pointing at the Balosar, <"He thinks he's smart, wants us to make a run for him, says if we don't he'll put money on our heads. I knew we should have just killed them. Shoot first thats what I say.">

Reverent-One
2010-09-20, 10:17 PM
Karbin sighs at the recent turn of events. "Now listen here, scumbag, the lady knows what she's talking about. Either you can take her up on her deal, or you can make a lot of trouble over this and end up with your corpse frying to a crisp in the cursed suns."

Persuasion to intimidate-[roll0]

Gamgee
2010-09-22, 08:59 PM
Monte
Massassai: "Tell him. If he doesn't make a better offer he is getting into things over his head. Tell him Sith don't mess around when making bargains, and that if he doesn't become more reasonable he is going to have to face the consequences. I am sure the masters have plenty of suitable tests in which he can be used. If all else fails I can take him to the sacrificial alter. Tell him all I have to do is flick my thumb to break his neck, and the masters can do far worse. Best to just get the dealings with the Sith out of the way so no further hostilities will occur. They can be bad for... business."

As he says this the immense Massassai sits up and leans over the table glaring at the scrawny pathetic dealer. Monte was an imposing figure that even a Wookiee would be cautious in angering as his sheer physical size was quite spectacular.

Actions:
Intimidate with a force point, and +2-4 circumstance modifier for the threat of Sith and my guys immense size? Up to the GM. [roll0] Force Point [roll1] If he is considered helpless I get +5 on the check.

bacon
2010-09-23, 04:14 PM
Dreem decided it was time for him to enter the negotiation. "Look you don't wanna upset him with fine print, trust me" he says indicating Monte.

Aid Another persuasion check to intimidate [roll0]

Mo_the_Hawked
2010-09-23, 07:36 PM
Speaking as soft as a voice, <"Ok, play along with me. I I'll see if he is more malleable to our requests. You take his guards if this gets sideways.">

"My friend has a problem with you're proposal. He would like to make a counter-proposal. Now I can convice my friend that violence is not in best intrest of the gathered parties, although some sort of consideration on your party."

Leaning in and whispering to avoid the guard listening in, "Amend this contract, or I would recommend in investing a cybernetics corperation, if you are picking up what i'm laying down."

Aid Another: Persuasion
[roll0]