PDA

View Full Version : ChHa TF2 Highlandering: There Can Be Only Three!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Scuzzball
2010-10-15, 08:54 PM
They want to play 8 hours earlier than the currently scheduled time. 1400 CEST; 0800 Eastern.

I think its easier for our European players to manage an evening game than it is for our American players to manage a morning game, so I see nor reason to change it.

I may have problems with that reschedule, I will probably be working on small parts of my eagle project or getting ready to do so at that point. So I support the refusal to reschedule.

Winthur
2010-10-16, 05:26 AM
If anyone at Yellow has any sense of when we're going to play that game, I'm pretty much unavailable this Saturday until very late.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-16, 09:25 AM
At the moment, its scheduled for late tomorrow apparently. Who can join in?

Right now Crown can play no later than 10:30 GMT. That's 5:30 EST. Can aynoe else do a 4-5 EST game?

Fawkes
2010-10-16, 09:31 AM
I should be able to.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-16, 09:59 AM
I could.

Thanks for picking up the slack, Azimer. Appreciate it.

Griever
2010-10-16, 10:09 AM
At the moment, its scheduled for late tomorrow apparently. Who can join in?

Right now Crown can play no later than 10:30 GMT. That's 5:30 EST. Can aynoe else do a 4-5 EST game?

Can do. Thanks, Azimer.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-16, 10:19 AM
I could.

Thanks for picking up the slack, Azimer. Appreciate it.

No problem. Someone PM me the forum names of our teammates incase they're different?

I still need to find a way to send a message to Galago; haven;t used most of Steam's messaging buttons before.

So, so far TENTATIVELY....

Scout:
Soldier: Fawkes
Pyro: Dread Cthulhu would prefer. Athiest? You there?
Demoman:
Engineer: Crown of Thorns
Heavy:
Medic:
Sniper:
Spy:

Griever? Preferences?

Heck, EVERYONE SEND ME YOUR TOP 3 CHOICES.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-16, 11:24 AM
Sent you a PM and given you Leader rights on the team, so you can schedule things.

Worira
2010-10-16, 11:26 AM
I can make it. My best class is medic, and I can heavy fine.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-16, 12:05 PM
Sent you a PM and given you Leader rights on the team, so you can schedule things.

That's on the Highlander website, right? Give me advice and links because I HAVE NO IDEA what I'm supposed to do there.

They are ready to play us at 4:30 PM tomorrow EST.

SO far, list resembles
Scout:
Pyro: Dread Cthulhu
Demoman:
Heavy:
Medic: Worira
Sniper: Byrnbot08
Spy:

That seems to be it, still willing to juggle people to theior tastes. Help me guy; never did this before, times running out, still have astrophysics test to grade. :smallamused:

Byrnbot08
2010-10-16, 12:20 PM
EST is GMT+5, correct? I do not want to be caught unawares by an 8.00 pm start when I get given an EST time.

The scheduled time is 9.30 pm GMT, correct?

Dogmantra
2010-10-16, 12:21 PM
EST is GMT+5, correct? I do not want to be caught unawares by an 8.00 pm start when I get given an EST time.

The scheduled time is 9.30 pm GMT, correct?

EST is currently GMT-4. England is currently at BST (GMT+1).

drolkcal
2010-10-16, 12:53 PM
I can make it. My best class is medic, and I can heavy fine.

Going to give you mod on shaft to set this up. You should get it on next server restart. It might be removed after highlander, i dunno.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-16, 01:58 PM
What I'd suggest (not enough time to chase people up but enough to give suggestions, go figure) is making Griever Medic and Worira Heavy. That's what they were both signed up to me. And IIRC Griever is an amazing Medic and Worira an amazing Heavy, so that would be pretty awesome.

Kainozzo is visiting relatives today, but he expressed a desire to want the game on Sunday, so I'd hazard a guess that he'd be okay.

Which leaves Scout and Demo open. I'd probably put NeoVid in as Demo and Azimer as Scout. Unless Scorp shows up, in which case he'll be Scout and Azimer as Demo.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-10-16, 02:22 PM
Keep a reserve for me just in case...if they push back the time to much, I may have to leave, as I have somewhere to be later that night.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-16, 02:28 PM
EST is currently GMT-4. England is currently at BST (GMT+1).

Damn my lack of geographical precision!

NeoVid
2010-10-16, 03:12 PM
Sunday afternoon is the best time possible for me. My mains are Scout, Spy and Soldier.

Demo, Pyro and Sniper are the only ones I don't think I should play. I can be a decent Demo if needed, but if we have anyone who is known to be a GOOD Demo, take them instead.

Let's make sure we get the server set up right this time, the WonderWeasels aren't going to like playing on Shaft again after the last attempt.

Emlyn
2010-10-16, 03:25 PM
I should be there for our game.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-16, 03:26 PM
So far....

Scout: NeoVid
Pyro: Dread Cthulhu
Demoman: Azimer
Heavy: Woriria
Medic: Griever
Sniper:Byrnbot08
Spy: Kainozzo (Hasn't confirmed, but expressed interest.)

Anyone willing to stay online then as a merc or reserve?

Set to 4:30 EST on SHaFT, with Worira as Mod. If I have Dogmantra right that's 8:30 GMT+1, right? Someone check my time! :confused:

We got it together, guys. See you tomorrow.

NeoVid
2010-10-16, 03:49 PM
Yes! Good work and thank you, Azimer.

And yeah, if a few possible mercs could stay online tomorrow, it would really help.

Also, Drol said the problem last time wouldn't have happened if any of us had noticed the server wasn't in stopwatch mode.

...How do you tell if it is?

Winthur
2010-10-16, 04:02 PM
Spy: Kainozzo (Hasn't confirmed, but expressed interest.)

I struck a deal with my mother so that even though it will be 22:30 where I live when I play (if what I'm reading is correct), I will be in for long enough to help us win on both maps and go to sleep. :smallsmile:

I'll backstab for you
And many Sentries shall be fallen
I'll backstab for you
Like I've stabbed there before
I'll backstab for you
Just keep Pyro off me, too...

AlterForm
2010-10-16, 05:59 PM
Also, Drol said the problem last time wouldn't have happened if any of us had noticed the server wasn't in stopwatch mode.

...How do you tell if it is?

There will be a stopwatch. Um...yeah.

If you can't see a stopwatch timer but believe you activated the right config, type hud_reloadscheme in console; the stopwatch is slightly buggy with some HUDs (including the default one).

AlterForm
2010-10-16, 06:10 PM
ChHa Green:

Due to some problems on my end, I may not be able to make the match tomorrow. If you know you will be able to attend, please contact me so I (and a league admin) can set you up with sm_admin access on the reserved server. I will post again once I have set someone else up with sm_admin access to the server. (Naturally, I would prefer Dog for this, but I want to have a second person with access ASAP)

Also, the other team captain made direct contact with me a while ago. Although he was tentative about his team's ability to attend, it looks like we may have to actually play instead of simply soak up a default. So get yo game face on!

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-17, 03:57 AM
Anyone else going to have problems returning to the old pre-Polycount weapons? 65% slower weapon change time. :smallfrown:

Winthur
2010-10-17, 06:29 AM
Don't worry, Cthulhu, I'm so famous for my conservative TF2 playing that they are shooting a movie with Tom Cruise playing as me. It's named Vanilla Spy. Also, I look like Tom Cruise, wheee~

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 06:35 AM
(Naturally, I would prefer Dog for this, but I want to have a second person with access ASAP)

I will be there, but I think you've already got me the admin on that server, or are planning on it?

Treayn
2010-10-17, 11:13 AM
Cyan may need mercs (again). Please be on standby if you're interested.

tarbrush
2010-10-17, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna be on most of the (British) evening, but I've no idea how much of Green is turning up and whether I'll be needed there or not.

Treayn
2010-10-17, 11:20 AM
Anyone willing to stay online then as a merc or reserve?

Set to 4:30 EST on SHaFT, with Worira as Mod. If I have Dogmantra right that's 8:30 GMT+1, right? Someone check my time! :confused:

We got it together, guys. See you tomorrow.

I can merc as spy or scout for yellow, if it's needed.

As for time zones, I stick with this:

U.S. Central is 1 hour behind U.S. East
U.S. East is 5 hours behind the U.K.
U.K. is 1 hour behind central Europe.

So your match will be at:

3:30 U.S. Central
4:30 U.S. Eastern
9:30 U.K.
10:30 Central Europe

Hope that clarifies everything.

drolkcal
2010-10-17, 11:29 AM
Cyan may need mercs (again). Please be on standby if you're interested.

I'll merc if you are still looking

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-17, 11:31 AM
If we do need mercs, I'd say let Drolkcal be the demo, and I'll switch to something else.

Darth Mario
2010-10-17, 11:38 AM
I'll merc if you are still looking

...Drolk. The time conflicts with Green's match.

Please show up to the game this time.

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 11:40 AM

Note that I have promised nearly everyone in Green that I'll murderise you if you play for Cyan again and miss Green's game.

drolkcal
2010-10-17, 11:55 AM

cyan is 2 PM, green is 4PM EST?

Do they take longer than 2 hours or did I get the times wrong?

mightymonarch
2010-10-17, 11:57 AM

All depends on how good the other team is in comparison. THe 1st match I played in was a complete roll and only took about an hour.

Darth Mario
2010-10-17, 11:59 AM

So your match will be at:

3:30 U.S. Central
4:30 U.S. Eastern
9:30 U.K.
10:30 Central Europe

Green is at 4PM EST, Cyan is at 4:30 PM EST. The only way you'll be able to make the Cyan match is if TBG fails to show up by 4:15 or they wildcard before 3:45.

Edit: GAH I WAS READING YELLOW'S TIMES DISREGARD

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 12:03 PM
Oh, by the way, Alter just PMed me to tell me I now have sm_admin on the server. He also wishes us luck. Just to reiterate, here are the details if you missed them:

Address 85.236.102.40:27615
Password Will be made available in the ChHa Green group chatroom before the game starts
Time Three hours from this post.

Sleverin
2010-10-17, 12:06 PM

From what I remember reading on the ETF2L site, it shouldn't take more than 90 minutes, permitting of course that there aren't server crashes and such. We may need a heavy backup, Sammich has to leave at 3 PM EST.

tarbrush
2010-10-17, 12:21 PM
Oh, by the way, Alter just PMed me to tell me I now have sm_admin on the server. He also wishes us luck. Just to reiterate, here are the details if you missed them:

Address 85.236.102.40:27615
Password Will be made available in the ChHa Green group chatroom before the game starts
Time Three hours from this post.

But show up an hour early presumably?

Treayn
2010-10-17, 12:33 PM
Actually Cyan should have a full roster now, sorry for anyone I've inconvenienced.
[hr]

In terms of teams:

Cyan: 2 PM EST
Green: 4 PM EST
Yellow: 4:30 PM EST

That should clear it up.

NeoVid
2010-10-17, 01:19 PM
Anyone else going to have problems returning to the old pre-Polycount weapons? 65% slower weapon change time. :smallfrown:

I've been using the Polycount Scout set for weeks. I'd better practice with my old setup before game.

Science Officer
2010-10-17, 03:15 PM
I'm very, very confused about what happened in Cyan's game against the Cartoon Gamers today.

On the first map (dustbowl) there were some majour shenanigans, as well as some abuse and anger directed at us. But we also almost certainly lost. For my part, I was terribad sniper.

On the second map (granary), there were some minor shenanigans, people were unsure of the procedure for 5CP. Some people thought it was best of three, some people thought it was best of five. Some people thought it was best score after 30 minutes (these people appear to be right).
We went 2-2 (one of the other team said they weren't really trying in the last game because they thought they'd already won best of three), for a tie.
But that, and $5, will get you a pack of M:tG cards.
*shrug*
At least we're still moving on to the next round, as the second best team in our group.

mightymonarch
2010-10-17, 03:18 PM
On the second map (granary), there were some minor shenanigans, people were unsure of the procedure for 5CP. Some people thought it was best of three, some people thought it was best of five. Some people thought it was best score after 30 minutes (these people appear to be right).
We went 2-2 (one of the other team said they weren't really trying in the last game because they thought they'd already won best of three), for a tie.

It's most points after 30 minutes or best of 5. Whichever comes first for 5CP maps.

onasuma
2010-10-17, 03:19 PM
After a long hard slug, looks like Green has won a game.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-10-17, 03:19 PM
After a long hard slug, looks like Green has won a game.

We had some great moments though. An 8-sticky Uber jump...a delicious invincible sandvich moment...priceless.

Oh no
2010-10-17, 03:22 PM
It's most points after 30 minutes or best of 5. Whichever comes first for 5CP maps.

no...its 30mins or difference of 5 points...i wasnt there but i heard some interesting stuff from Treayn and im thinking we might end up with a win from this instead if it stays at what i heard

surikesu
2010-10-17, 03:23 PM
We should have been able to contest the dustbowl match and play with original settings. We defended 5 points for 20 or so minutes, but we never got to attack. Should have played with those settings.

The reason why I'm so concerned... Some threads on etf2l (http://etf2l.org/forum/highlander/topic-13639/?recent=233161) suggest that only one team will move on from group phase.
And I personally do not believe that the dustbowl match was fair at all.

And the other team was also out of line for some of their comments..

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 03:26 PM
We had some great moments though. An 8-sticky Uber jump...a delicious invincible sandvich moment...priceless.

I also beat my record alive as Medic - almost 20 minutes!

mightymonarch
2010-10-17, 03:28 PM
no...its 30mins or difference of 5 points...i wasnt there but i heard some interesting stuff from Treayn and im thinking we might end up with a win from this instead if it stays at what i heard

1.3 Timelimit for 5CP maps, BO1 for most A/D and PL maps, BO3 for Gravelpit, BO5 for KOTH

A timelimit of 30 will be used for 5CP maps, after the time is up the team with the most captures wins.

and

1.4 Winlimit for 5cp maps = Point difference of 5; mp_windifference off on other maps

If a team scores a 5 point difference lead on a 5CP map, the map ends and they have won that map.

sooo.... I don't know what's right. 30 minutes was up before the 5 point difference.

NeoVid
2010-10-17, 03:31 PM
Yellow needs a merc to play Sniper, NOW.

Darth Mario
2010-10-17, 03:32 PM
I also beat my record alive as Medic - almost 20 minutes!

Not to mention my hero defense on Dustbowl 6, where I held of the entire enemy team including Uber with only my shotgun and a level 1 sentry.

Treayn
2010-10-17, 03:37 PM
Our match with CG is going to be contested.

The main problem with CG is that they have incompetent server admins.
[hr]

With dustbowl, they did not set the stopwatch correctly. We were on RED and they were on BLU. They pushed 5 points, and then the map ended.

That's NOT supposed to happen.

Each team gets to attack once, then defend once. Winner is decided over who gets the most captures. If both teams have the same amount of points, then the team who have captured the fastest win.

With Granary, I'm reading a timelimit of 30 and a windifference of 5. Again, they did not set the mp_timelimit setting up correctly.
[hr]

Through the course of it, they were also being very vulgar and inhospitable. I tip my hat to the rest of Cyan, you guys kept it restrained.

I'll update once the league admins make a decision.

tarbrush
2010-10-17, 03:57 PM
So we got the walkover then? Do we need confirmation of that from the league?

Emlyn
2010-10-17, 04:00 PM
And it is now official, we won by default.

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 04:01 PM
Okay, we officially have the default victory. Just got off the IRC with admin CanFo:
The match result from our Team Bad Guy match. (http://etf2l.org/matches/21817/)

onasuma
2010-10-17, 04:05 PM
So in our group:

We are winning with, currently, 4 wins.
Second is catforceone who have 3 wins. (assuming they beat badguy by default)
Third is wiki with 2 wins.
Fourth is badguy with 1 win.

One map left to play is wiki vs. catforce. If Catforce win both, we go through as second in the group. If wiki win both, we go through as joint first in the group. If its a draw, we go through, joint first in the group.

Sleverin
2010-10-17, 04:21 PM
Yeah, being an admin for eGo taught me one important thing: condumps are useful.

I have a condump of their abusive language and potentially sexist attitude. Also there's a couple of lines in there about them arguing about the rules set down by the league and claiming "we said best 2/3", which isn't how it works. They had very little, if any sportsmanship, and seemed to think they could get away with this sort of behavior since "the other teams we faced weren't this organized."

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-17, 04:28 PM
There is no joy in Mudville, CHHa Yellow has struck out.

tarbrush
2010-10-17, 04:28 PM
Fantastic. I feel that my support from the sidelines has really been the deciding factor in our glorious triumph.

Winthur
2010-10-17, 04:29 PM
I resign from spying for Yellow.

87 hours of playing that stupid class weren't good for stabbing anything with that stupid laggy piece of monkey feces.

Find someone better.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-17, 04:30 PM
Wait. Granary is time limit, not best of 5?

NeoVid
2010-10-17, 04:30 PM
Well, Yellow's replayed game against WW was just as crushingly one-sided as the game that didn't count, but this time it was against our side. We lost Dustbowl 1 in less than a minute.

Science Officer
2010-10-17, 04:41 PM
With dustbowl, they did not set the stopwatch correctly. We were on RED and they were on BLU. They pushed 5 points, and then the map ended.

That's NOT supposed to happen.

Each team gets to attack once, then defend once. Winner is decided over who gets the most captures. If both teams have the same amount of points, then the team who have captured the fastest win.

Does this really make a difference? They pushed 5 points, we pushed 1 point. It wouldn't come down to time anyways.

Cartoon Gamers' Response:

"Instead of wasting time by contesting this, I would suggest you do the honourable thing and accept the result becuase in the end, you were clearly 2nd best." (http://etf2l.org/matches/21805/)

And frankly, I'm inclined to agree.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-17, 04:47 PM
I've submitted the results as we got them.

It worries me that Cyan and Yellow have had EXACTLY the same problems with Dustbowl and Granary. Not in an "should actually worry me" way, but in a "Twilight Zone" sort of way. Suggests that ETF2L suck.

I'll be honest, if they end up calling us on not finishing Granary, I'm not inclined to suggest that we try again. Because, I reckon the Cyan quote applies equally well to us here.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-17, 04:52 PM
I'll be honest, if they end up calling us on not finishing Granary, I'm not inclined to suggest that we try again. Because, I reckon the Cyan quote applies equally well to us here.

I agree. Even Nixon knew when not to contest.

surikesu
2010-10-17, 05:09 PM
Does this really make a difference? They pushed 5 points, we pushed 1 point. It wouldn't come down to time anyways.
We never got to attack when they pushed 5 points.

And what is the status of the granary match?

The way the other team handled these matches and their conduct makes this whole thing feel like a slap to the face, personally.

Byrnbot08
2010-10-17, 05:11 PM
I feel as though a great burden was lifted, and the haze of urgency has disappeared.

Chocolate Hammer Yellow may or may not be gone, but I had some fun times with the team, whom I still owe a non-alcoholic, chilled beverage to.

We did our best lads. We did our best, and we had some good times.

Cheers. *toasts Dr. Pepper*

Fawkes
2010-10-17, 05:14 PM
non-alcoholic

Aw, dammit.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-17, 05:19 PM
I say contest it. Not because I think we deserved to win, but because they were jerks.

mightymonarch
2010-10-17, 05:23 PM
I say contest it. Not because I think we deserved to win, but because they were jerks.

Agreed. They were pretty bad sportsmen about the whole thing. I was singled out for "female dog-ing" and they called us "sexing mentally handicapped individuals."

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-17, 05:27 PM
Agreed. They were pretty bad sportsmen about the whole thing. I was singled out for "female dog-ing" and they called us "sexing mentally handicapped individuals."

Kay, here's where Cyan and Yellow differentiate. I wouldn't say the guys we played were PLEASANT, so to speak, but they weren't insulting to us. They were more like pubs in attitude in a team, but that's okay.

Those guys you challenge, if only for spite and taking up their time. Because what absolute (sexual intercourse)ers those guys sound like.

Byrnbot08
2010-10-17, 05:40 PM
Those guys you challenge, if only for spite and taking up their time. Because what absolute (sexual intercourse)ers those guys sound like.

Would have prefered [love]ers, but hey, who's checking?

Also, bad sportsmanship is inherently wrong.

It is one thing to be a grumpy/easily upset person who swears when he/she goofs up now and then, but to spew abuse and hurl expletives at an opposing player for no reason than to belittle them is just... wrong.

If you really are better, then accept your victory with grace and dignity, congratulate the other team for making it this far, wish them good luck and plan for the future. But some people have to stroke their virtual... chins and be condescending and rude.

AlterForm
2010-10-17, 05:43 PM
Cat Force One's captain just got back to me; they lost both maps to tf2wiki.

Someone do the math on that for me; what are the standings now?

I like semicolons; can you tell?

Dogmantra
2010-10-17, 05:46 PM
Someone do the math on that for me; what are the standings now?

I believe it means we're tied for first with the wiki.

Darth Mario
2010-10-17, 05:50 PM
I believe it means we're tied for first with the wiki.

Exactly correct, no matter how the moderation on CF1 and TBG's 2nd round game turns out. We will be moving on, along with Wiki, if I read the rules correctly.

Also, Cyan: Challenge that match. Do it, and do it now. If they wouldn't let you attack on Dustbowl and were rude to you about it, there's no way you won't get a default win for it.

Science Officer
2010-10-17, 06:41 PM
I remember us attacking on dustbowl.
it ended after their 5th cap, there was much argument, I spammed a quote and a link to the etf2l rules for dustbowl (which was rather rude, and I deserved the flak I got for it), they explained that, while some of them thought 5 caps was the rule for dustbowl, the real problem was with their server, then we went on offense.
They stopped us at the second cap, stage 1.
So yeah, it wasn't configured to stopwatch, but I'm not sure that that is material.

They might have been rude, but I think that was mostly when some of cyan was getting angry at them for their server booping up. They seemed quite nice after the match.

Sleverin
2010-10-17, 08:15 PM
The problem here was that we played a full defense round without it counting for quite a few minutes. And then all of a sudden the map decided to work when we switched sides. We said to reschedule and they refused to do so. They used insults multiple times, including sexist ones. And again, they definitely seem to feel they can get away with this because the other teams weren't organized. Their attitude was unprofessional at best and horribly rude at worst. And that's putting it nicely. They refused to reschedule, they complained about the official ETF2L rules. There's a line between being gracious winners, and outright jackasses, and they were on the far negative side of that line.

mightymonarch
2010-10-17, 08:43 PM
Latest News from Cartoon Gamers!

Apparently surikesu was using the Rocket Jumper, according to them. Even though suri doesn't have and has never had a Rocket Jumper. Watch_me_explode told me this and says they have a screen cap of suri using it. That, and since it looks JUST like the Rocket Launcher, how can you tell just by looking?

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-17, 08:55 PM
That weapon makes him deal no damage correct? If he even was using it, what difference would it make? I don't feel like that is a serious claim.

surikesu
2010-10-17, 08:57 PM
Looks like my evil plan to use the Rocket Jumper to dominate the enemy team with zero damage rockets has backfired horribly. :smallannoyed:

It's getting hard to tell if they're being serious anymore.

Darth Mario
2010-10-17, 08:59 PM
Latest News from Cartoon Gamers!

Apparently surikesu was using the Rocket Jumper, according to them. Even though suri doesn't have and has never had a Rocket Jumper. Watch_me_explode told me this and says they have a screen cap of suri using it. That, and since it looks JUST like the Rocket Launcher, how can you tell just by looking?

Seems like their strategy is to confuse the admins enough to just give up on moderating that game. Don't let them. Have Suri upload his demo, I guess?

KBF
2010-10-17, 09:01 PM
That weapon makes him deal no damage correct? If he even was using it, what difference would it make? I don't feel like that is a serious claim.

As a Rocket Jumper user, it can be a totally serious claim. You can rocket jump for free, take no fall damage with proper pogo-ing, and whip out a shotgun that does do damage. It's not a good idea by any means, but it's not necessarily harmless.

surikesu
2010-10-17, 09:05 PM
I have demos for both matches, so I can upload them if it is really necessary.

I'm quite flattered they decided to pick me out, I suppose they've never seen a renamed rocket launcher before.

EDIT: Not to mention just by checking my tf2 backpack, I have never owned a Rocket Jumper in my entire tf2 playtime.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-17, 09:24 PM
Also, if it looks identical, how can they tell? :smallconfused:

KBF
2010-10-17, 09:43 PM
Also, if it looks identical, how can they tell? :smallconfused:

Watch_me_explode told me this and says they have a screen cap of suri using it. That, and since it looks JUST like the Rocket Launcher, how can you tell just by looking?

That's why they have any argument at all. And it's easily disproven by watching the replay. They're kind of hoping this will shift the 'irate, troublesome group' status to ChHa in the case of the admins being too swamped to watch a full game.

Sleverin
2010-10-17, 10:03 PM
Wow is this too hilarious for words. I...I don't even know what to say.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-17, 11:46 PM
Wow is this too hilarious for words. I...I don't even know what to say.

Also, they say he's a member of the communist party.

By the way, even if ChHa teams are eliminated...we should as a community do more highlander. It's fun!

Imposter
2010-10-18, 06:49 AM

Suri? If they start asking for names, I don't mind at all.:smallbiggrin:

Edited to fix tags

Byrnbot08
2010-10-18, 12:42 PM

Now that is just disgusting. Discrimination on the basis of government choice is totally unacceptable in a polite and friendly gaming environment.

[Communist] Imposter is the friendliest and most generous Communist I have ever met, and I am proud to be his friend on Steam.

Treayn
2010-10-18, 01:10 PM

Cartoon Gamers' Response:

"Instead of wasting time by contesting this, I would suggest you do the honourable thing and accept the result becuase in the end, you were clearly 2nd best." (http://etf2l.org/matches/21805/)

And frankly, I'm inclined to agree.

If they are going to be incompetent and waste our time, then they deserve all the yellow cards they can get.

Not to mention that they knew about this problem, yet still used their broken server and didn't warn us beforehand. I might let it slide if it was something completely unexpected and unintentional, but this just reeks of ignorance.

And ignorance is not an excuse.

I'd rather get them yellow carded, than allow them to screw another team over like that. Even if the league admins do decide that they still win, that yellow card might get them to fix their damned server for once.

Treayn
2010-10-18, 01:14 PM
UPDATE: This was listed on the match page:

Ok ChHa i have read your forums to see your reaction and it appears your claiming us to be sexist and insulting.

I would liek to just stake out that only a few of our members have that attitude and have been spoken to about it.

We played with the Default highlander setting too apparantly but if you see need to contest and have us DQ’d then instead how about just replaying? A fair game with no **** ups perhaps use your server instead?

but this problem has happened in our previous matches and there didnt seem to be any trouble.

I think most of us are just as confused by this as you are.

So do we still want to contest this, or take them up on their offer?

mightymonarch
2010-10-18, 01:22 PM

I don't know. We said we wanted to reschedule when we found out about the screw up, but they INSISTED on continuing the match. If there was a chance to reschedule, it was when we found out about the error. Not a day later after the fact.

If there is a rematch, IT MUST BE ON OUR SERVER. No ifs, ands or buts.

Byrnbot08
2010-10-18, 02:04 PM

In the deepest part of my mind, I say contest it. There is nothing more to say about their behaviour and their methods of trying to get past you in the tournament are disgusting.

But my heart says that they need to be taught a lesson in righteous justice, and should be beaten on your terms, on your grounds, with your hands.

But my mind is more sound. So I say, as a member of your community, contest it. They were too rude and ignorant to let go like that.

Azimer the Mad
2010-10-18, 02:50 PM
Sounds like close enough to a leader's apology, and a rematch with choice of server seems fair to me.

onasuma
2010-10-18, 02:53 PM
Hey, green! Good news! Catforceone lost to the wiki team meaning we are joint 1st with 4 points!

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-18, 03:04 PM
If we do reschedule, what is to stop them being stupid jerks again?

Scuzzball
2010-10-18, 03:22 PM
If we do reschedule, what is to stop them being stupid jerks again?

Log everything. Be nice. Possibly provoke them into breaking the rules. Get ETF2L admins to ban their asses.

Fawkes
2010-10-18, 03:27 PM
Possibly provoke them into breaking the rules. Get ETF2L admins to ban their asses.

I thought you said "Be nice."

Treayn
2010-10-18, 03:39 PM
Log everything. Be nice. Possibly provoke them into breaking the rules. Get ETF2L admins to ban their asses.

Absolutely not.

Never mind the fact that this is an open forum that everyone, even CG can view.

I'm not going to lowball them like that. If they are innately douches, the demos will speak for them. None of this provocation.

We have a great community, and this debacle has tarnished both Cg's and ChHa's reputation. No need to drag it down further.

NeoVid
2010-10-18, 03:40 PM
By the way, even if ChHa teams are eliminated...we should as a community do more highlander. It's fun!

I know I wanna see how far we can go. Plus, this is the first time I've gotten to play Highlander, and it rules.

Darth Mario
2010-10-18, 03:47 PM
Hey, green! Good news! Catforceone lost to the wiki team meaning we are joint 1st with 4 points!
Day late news is day late.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I am Dave as some of you may be aware. But if you are not you can contact me in game under this steam profile (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012509371).
I have noticed alot of slurs between each group, both CG and ChHa. Although the games where good there was of cource issues between each team. Basic issues include a problem with Dustbowl, and players in general. Now the Dustbowl issue is being dealt with, I wish to talk about the slurs. Yes both teams did it, but we have already talked to our members about it. I have viewed this thread and noticed alot of hard feelings and do not understand in the least why this continues. Calling us idoits, morons, and useless will not get anything done. You can continue, but it will only slander your group's name, and not allow us to figure this out.

This is not about the game issues, but the route BOTH clans are taking which will only SCREW both over. Use your better judgement.

Best regards,

Dave

Kegmaker51
2010-10-18, 03:56 PM
Greetings,

I am Kegmaker51, one of the leaders of the Cartoon Gamers ETF2L Scrim Team. I was not at the scrim, but it has caused enough trouble that I wish to ease tensions between our two groups. I hope that I can help what I think happened with the scrim mod yesterday. Now I understand that there were troubles with our server on the Dustbowl map, but I want to state that though this problem has arisen before on the server and was complained about, I reviewed the problem with our Master Admin, and we went on to the server after we had removed all mods, including sourcemod, and only loaded up the ETF2L Tournament Settings. We went to test the issue with Dustbowl and the match ending at the fifth capture happened. Turns out that this was the default settings for the ETF2L Tournament. Now, the master admin and myself were confused as to why this was the case so we went on the internet and found this:
http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
The answer lies under the "What are the victory conditions for each of the map types?", third paragraph down.
Now I figure that this means that there is no problem as what would happen is that each team would just swap at the end of the match if it wasn't automatic and then continue on from there. That is what I understood by that paragraph.

I wish to thank you for your time and I wish you all an excellent day.
-Kegmaker51

Arbitrarity
2010-10-18, 04:15 PM
I am confused as to why the third paragraph implies the default etf2l tournament setting result in maps ending after 5th cap, unless you loaded up the default (i.e. 5 man push) settings, rather than the stopwatch A/D settings. Which has happened before :smallyuk:

Also, I would appreciate if someone would feel like uploading a demo of the match, just for clarification's sake.

Finally, I wonder what the purpose of obfuscating the issue by claiming Surikesu used the Rocket Jumper is. Such a claim is trivially falsified, and really doesn't help your attempt to come off as reasonable, polite, or anything other than malicious.

Oh, additionally, could you cite instances in this thread of people calling your team
idoits, morons, and useless
I just checked back through the last few pages, and noticed no use of such language, except in reference to your team's usage thereof. Your attempt to take the conciliatory role seems to be rather forced, given that you're strawmanning the understandable anger of our membership. On the other hand, lacking a demo means that I am unable to ascertain if such slurs occurred during the match, which would also qualify as reasonable citation, to a degree.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 04:19 PM
Ok. The demos should be on the main site, but upon reading either post you would notice that we did not mention that. Right now we are worrying about he comments AND the Dustbowl restarting etc.

But if you wish to go into that issue, Post on OUR fourms.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-18, 04:22 PM
Which... I don't have a link to. Ok, I'll go search that down while studying for midterms...

Got it. So I should post a new thread?

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 04:24 PM
Well, at least you got school in mind :D

GL on them.

EDIT:

http://etf2l.org/demos/1813

Saves you some time.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-18, 04:29 PM
Ah good. First I should watch the demos... but I'll take a break for now. Need food, need to memorize proofs.

Zipped RAR files? Woooow, that's sort of funny. I guess they got uploaded as RAR, and etf2l auto-zips them.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 04:35 PM
No way. Well mhh... Next time I guess I don't need to wrar it.

EDIT:

Can I have the link to your demos also? A lil story time.

Oh no
2010-10-18, 04:44 PM
well at least link us to your forums dave id like to read it...

Charlaweyd
2010-10-18, 04:46 PM
Just saying, Hi I'm Charlaweyd, Also a leader of the CG ETF2L Scrim team, and we have been solving the Dustbowl issue.

If you want a rematch on dustbowl, that's fine. Though a perfect match was played.

I could also complain about granary, but I'm not going to because I'm not a difficult person and I just want to have a Fun time with my friend.

I am sorry for all the insults that my team might have given. My team is new to this and they still need to learn a lot of dicipline.

I think that's all I have/wanted to say so far...

EDIT: www.cartoongamers.org
Dave...

Oh no
2010-10-18, 04:48 PM
can we please get a link to your forums since you have ours...PLEASE....

EDIT: THANKS

Arbitrarity
2010-10-18, 04:53 PM
There we go. Probably not the best use of my time, but whatever.
From what is recorded in those demos, I saw no incidence of misbehavior on Cyan's part. I saw Girlfriend being incessantly referred to as Peggy, a trend continued on your forums with its own thread. I saw her visibly annoyed at the start of dustbowl, likely due to something that occured prior to that, only to be told by at least two members of your team to "stop bitvhing"
Furthermore, at the end of granary, prior to reenabling alltalk, I noticed a member of your team note that "first thing I say: HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES PEGGY"
Your team's incessant use of "Peggy" in reference to the sole female player on Cyan smacks of sexism, which Girlfriend reacts very strongly to. For this reason, I am actually surprised I didn't see her rage more in text during the demos, since she would have banned you from SHaFT for that.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 04:56 PM
There we go. Probably not the best use of my time, but whatever.
From what is recorded in those demos, I saw no incidence of misbehavior on Cyan's part. I saw Girlfriend being incessantly referred to as Peggy, a trend continued on your forums with its own thread. I saw her visibly annoyed at the start of dustbowl, likely due to something that occured prior to that, only to be told by at least two members of your team to "stop bitvhing"
Furthermore, at the end of granary, prior to reenabling alltalk, I noticed a member of your team note that "first thing I say: HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES PEGGY"
Your team's incessant use of "Peggy" in reference to the sole female player on Cyan smacks of sexism, which Girlfriend reacts very strongly to. For this reason, I am actually surprised I didn't see her rage more in text during the demos, since she would have banned you from SHaFT for that.

Yes there was lot of "Peggy" etc. BUT you cannot deny in any way that the clan did not blow things out of the water with the constant DQ comments and overall trying to start a **** storm. And this is why I posted. We need to stop this, ON BOTH PARTS.

Also, SHaFT?

Byrnbot08
2010-10-18, 05:06 PM
Yes there was lot of "Peggy" etc. BUT you cannot deny in any way that the clan did not blow things out of the water with the constant DQ comments and overall trying to start a **** storm. And this is why I posted. We need to stop this, ON BOTH PARTS.

Also, SHaFT?

The SHaFT, to use it's full name, is Drolkcal and Girlfriend's Super Happy (and) Fun Time. This is her own private server, where she is an administrator.

Hopefully, this is where the impending rematch would take place if the ChHa team does not contest the game.

I hope this clarifies things.

Treayn
2010-10-18, 05:10 PM
Will be uploading the demos shortly to ETF2L.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-18, 05:12 PM

Ha. What. You claim that a group that is frustrated at your misconfigured server is trying to "blow things out of that water". What does that expression even mean, in this context? Blow things out of proportion? Incite rage?

Furthermore, I question your assertion that such comments were made, aside from the after-match anger. Which is logical, because if the rules aren't followed, and you insist they were, you are in the wrong.
Perhaps you refer to the forum? Quite right. They are annoyed. They are annoyed that the game was not played correctly, you KNEW it would not be played correctly, you INSISTED that it be played in an incorrect manner. They are furthermore annoyed that your team decided to collectively hate on a well-respected and liked member of ours, in a seeming display of collective sexism.
Also, both team captains were spies? >.> <.<
I suppose after my algebra, I'll be starting a thread on your forum and seeing the response. I confess myself biased :smallannoyed:

mightymonarch
2010-10-18, 05:17 PM

Also, SHaFT?

SHaFT, as in Drol and Girlfriend's Super Happy Fun Time. It's the server my boyfriend (drolkcal) and I run for this community.

I was at no point trying to start a **** storm. I was quite frankly, disappointed over the treatment we were receiving. It should never have happened. It's generally bad sportsmanship to openly call the opposing teams such names. I know that you're saying the offending members have been chastised, but this shouldn't have happened to begin with. It's basic sportsmanship, no matter what the game is.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 05:20 PM
Ha. What. You claim that a group that is frustrated at your misconfigured server is trying to "blow things out of that water". What does that expression even mean, in this context? Blow things out of proportion? Incite rage?

Furthermore, I question your assertion that such comments were made, aside from the after-match anger. Which is logical, because if the rules aren't followed, and you insist they were, you are in the wrong.
Perhaps you refer to the forum? Quite right. They are annoyed. They are annoyed that the game was not played correctly, you KNEW it would not be played correctly, you INSISTED that it be played in an incorrect manner. They are furthermore annoyed that your team decided to collectively hate on a well-respected and liked member of ours, in a seeming display of collective sexism.
Also, both team captains were spies? >.> <.<

Alright, being that it seems the rage is starting from the server issues, let's worry about the forum rage. Yes incite rage, just lost my words for a min.

We did not play on a server which the settings are wrong, I'm not in on that section of the issue (Yes it's goten that big that different people have to take on different problems).

The sexism. Indeed lots. Nom nom nom lots. We don't deny it, however she did come off a little strong with the constant DQ and other comments. I'm sure she's a nice person, then again I'm sure once you get to know EVERYONE in both clans the views will be changed. Now, what we need to do, is stop the rage as this is going to far. Mabye a nice lil fun game with the clans being scrambled. Might end bad however, but we can talk about that.

And no, we did not have a team capt. I just came forward because It was going horribly sour.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 05:22 PM
SHaFT, as in Drol and Girlfriend's Super Happy Fun Time. It's the server my boyfriend (drolkcal) and I run for this community.

I was at no point trying to start a **** storm. I was quite frankly, disappointed over the treatment we were receiving. It should never have happened. It's generally bad sportsmanship to openly call the opposing teams such names. I know that you're saying the offending members have been chastised, but this shouldn't have happened to begin with. It's basic sportsmanship, no matter what the game is.

No matter the intent, you came on strong. And if you wish to start about the name calling and sportsmenship, I could go back a few pages and see all the "Nice" things that was said about us.

EDIT:

Alright, Dr., because you where very hard hit by this, Would you add me on steam, so we can talk about this without spaming this fourm? Make all of us feel a little bit better?

mightymonarch
2010-10-18, 05:35 PM
No matter the intent, you came on strong. And if you wish to start about the name calling and sportsmenship, I could go back a few pages and see all the "Nice" things that was said about us.

I come on strong because if I don't, no one would listen to me. I get crap enough on pub servers.

Also RE: Namecalling

What we say on our forums is one thing, but to openly call the opposing team names is another.

ETA: Dave, you posted as I was typing up a post. Sending a friend request now.

mightymonarch
2010-10-18, 05:48 PM
Double post, weeeeeeeeee.....

CYAN:

(Urinated) off about what's going down? Talk to Dave or I about it. He'd like to talk to anyone that's mad about the crap hurricane that's going down.

DaveCG
2010-10-18, 05:50 PM

CYAN:

(Urinated) off about what's going down? Talk to Dave or I about it. He'd like to talk to anyone that's mad about the crap hurricane that's going down.

Thanks alot, Also the steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012509371

Oh no
2010-10-18, 09:17 PM

CYAN:

I rage at nothing...cept the DOUBLE POST NEWB

Sleverin
2010-10-18, 09:26 PM
ChHaCyan Match 3 Map 1

CG] Stealth ☭ : omfg

[CG]Harryman : shouldn't your voice be deeper

[CG]Metal Gear[iNsAnE] : Spammign the link wont help anything
[CG] Stealth ☭ : WE SAW THAT ALREADY just STFU and do it
[CG] Stealth ☭ : ****ing retard

ChHaCyan Match 3 Map 2

[CG]Metal Gear : ARE YOU RETARDED?
[CG]Metal Gear : PEGGY
[CG]Metal Gear : I SWEAR TO GOD

[ChHaC] Treayn : It's best of 5
[CG] Stealth â˜* : no
[CG] Stealth â˜* : we said 2/3
[CG] Stealth â˜* : get out of here
[ChHaC] Treayn : rules say 5
[CG] JoeCorkâ„¢ : GET OUT
[CG]Metal Gear : Well check the rules
[CG] warfinge [InSaNe] : don't be rude
[CG] Soulhunter4444 : Guys calm down

Now I do understand that you guys are trying to make right and all, so I'm not going to blatantly blame the whole team (since I only have this in condump and I have other things to do than analyze the demos) but it did seem the metalgear and stealth were definitely transgressors of the rules here. Those quotes from above were from the condump I took from our matches, edited to make brevity of course, since I'm sure no one wants to read about the projectile particles not registering. But anywyas, would you guys care to comment about this?

Charlaweyd
2010-10-19, 09:58 AM
In that conversation you clearly see the mature and immature side of the CG team.

And in the end the rules say: a max time limit for the match of 30 minutes, the team with the most points wins, if the points are equal (in our case) it's a draw. Then Treayn was correct by saying that there has to be a difference of 5 points, But that would have to be within those 30 minutes then.

(Sorry if my English isn't always correct, it's not my native language.)

mightymonarch
2010-10-19, 10:22 AM
And in the end the rules say: a max time limit for the match of 30 minutes, the team with the most points wins, if the points are equal (in our case) it's a draw. Then Treayn was correct by saying that there has to be a difference of 5 points, But that would have to be within those 30 minutes then.

(Sorry if my English isn't always correct, it's not my native language.)

Well, at least I feel we see an agreement on Granary. When I read the rules of 5CP, I thought it was 5 point win difference or most points in 30 minutes.

Science Officer
2010-10-19, 03:39 PM
Just saying, Hi I'm Charlaweyd Unnamed Protagonist, Also a leader of the CG ETF2L Scrim player on the Chocolate Hammer Cyan team.

If you anyone wants a rematch on dustbowl, that's fine. Though a perfect match was played.

I could also complain about granary, but I'm not going to because I'm not a difficult person and I just want to have a Fun time with my friend.

This is pretty much my opinion, couldn't have said it much better.
Also, me playing Sniper on dustbowl was a big, big mistake. :smallredface:

I really, really don't care about any of the rudeness, and poor-sportsmanship directed towards myself (or my share of what was directed towards my team). However, I'm very ashamed at any rudeness, and poor-sportsmanship (however small) that originated from myself. I don't want to try and get anyone DQ'd for this.

I'm quite a bit concerned about the various rules screw-ups. But I'm not sure if they warrant a rematch.
Players on Cyan, you have to ask yourselves, if we had won under those conditions (i.e. glitched configs on dustbowl, minor confusion about the win requirements for granary), would we want a rematch?

ChHaCyan Match 3 Map 1
[CG]Metal Gear[iNsAnE] : Spammign the link wont help anything
[CG] Stealth ☭ : WE SAW THAT ALREADY just STFU and do it
[CG] Stealth ☭ : ****ing retard

I'd like to repeat, I'm really very sorry for repeatedly spamming a link and a quote from the etf2l rules page. That was not a constructive thing to do in that situation.

Worira
2010-10-19, 04:00 PM
I'll chime in from Yellow to say that, after winning on dustbowl with the same problem, we did indeed have a rematch, which we lost. There was never any question of not having the rematch, seeing as we failed to complete the round under the competition's rules.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-19, 04:20 PM
Yeah, if our server glitched out, I think we would offer to reschedule or have a rematch.

AlterForm
2010-10-20, 03:50 PM
ChHa Green:

The captain for the tf2 wiki team spoke to the etf2l admins and told me that they (the admins) aren't sure what's going to happen in our fixture yet since our teams are tied.

To that end, in case we need a tiebreaker match, we will be playing a tiebreaker match against the tf2wiki team this weekend. If we don't need a tiebreaker, it'll just have been a friendly scrim again. (If you know of some piece of the rules that covers this eventuality, or some sort of announcement, or spoke to an admin yourself, let me know so I bring it up with tf2wiki's captain and sort it out properly with the league admins if need be)

Tentatively, we're scheduled for 20:00 UTC this Saturday. (4 PM Eastern)

Tentatively, we're scheduled for 21:00 UTC this Saturday. (5 PM Eastern)
(Sorry Easter coasters for putting it so close to dinnertime)

Let me know (via the usual channels) ULTRA-ASAP your availability at this time, and times near then, so that I can solidify the time with the other team. Server is currently TBD.

tarbrush
2010-10-20, 03:53 PM
Should be available if needed, assuming that that's 9pm english time.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-10-20, 03:59 PM
Let me know (via the usual channels) ULTRA-ASAP your availability at this time, and times near then, so that I can solidify the time with the other team. Server is currently TBD.

I am away both this weekend and next weekend, sadly.

AlterForm
2010-10-20, 04:01 PM
Since he's important (being our Medic and all), to accommodate Dogmantra I pushed the time back an hour.

Dogmantra
2010-10-20, 04:11 PM
Since he's important (being our Medic and all), to accommodate Dogmantra I pushed the time back an hour.

Please note that due to the nature of my delay (i.e. I have no idea when it'll be over), I am still unsure if I will be there, it's just that this gives me an extra hour buffer.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-20, 04:32 PM
If absolutely necessary, I can make that.

drolkcal

I can play. Not available next weekend though.

Emlyn
I can make it.

mightymonarch
2010-10-20, 05:00 PM

If he can't make it, I can sub in for him, if necessary.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-20, 05:32 PM
So has the Cyan leadership decided what to do about the contested match? I just ask because I got a message today asking what was going on with it.

Treayn
2010-10-20, 05:46 PM
4:26 PM - Treayn: Is the offer to rematch still up? The consensus on my team is that they want one, and I'm going to go along with their wishes.
4:27 PM - [CG] Charlaweyd: I think it would be best, for both Dustbowl and Granary then.
4:28 PM - Treayn: A compeletely clean slate then? Sounds fine to me
4:30 PM - Treayn: What date and time would be preferable for your team?
4:31 PM - [CG] Charlaweyd: My team has always like the 2pm est on sunday. Of course if you wish for another day and time, sure ;)
4:31 PM - Treayn: 2 PM Sunday sounds fine, that's our usual time as well.
4:31 PM - [CG] Charlaweyd: allright
4:32 PM - Treayn: Would you be fine playing on our server, or do you want a league server?
4:33 PM - [CG] Charlaweyd: Well, personally I don't care. But I think a league server might be best, because after all this, my team might complain about going on yours, no offence though
4:34 PM - Treayn: I'll take it into account and try to reserve4 a league server
4:34 PM - Treayn: We will use ours as a last resort however
4:34 PM - [CG] Charlaweyd: That's ok ;)

There you go.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-20, 06:09 PM
Good to know. Let us see how many of our players we can muster this time.

mightymonarch
2010-10-20, 06:11 PM
I'll be available.

Sleverin
2010-10-20, 08:42 PM
Said it before and I'm saying it again in case no one noticed: not here this weekend. Going to Reno for a con, hope the best for you guys.

Scuzzball
2010-10-20, 09:51 PM
Tentatively, we're scheduled for 20:00 UTC this Saturday. (4 PM Eastern)

Don't think I can make it.

NeoVid
2010-10-20, 10:15 PM
I'm assuming Yellow isn't going to try to have a game this weekend.

AlterForm
2010-10-21, 06:44 PM
I've hear back from about half of ChHa Green regarding our potential tiebreaker this weekend, so we're at about 7/9 so far. I also suspect we'll have no issues picking up mercs if need be.

Therefore, I'll be informing TF2Wiki's captain that we'll be ready for the agreed upon time and hopefully get a server and map pair picked out as well.

AlterForm
2010-10-21, 09:56 PM
ChHa Green:

Unless you guys object strongly, the tf2wiki team has gently requested that we play on SHaFT due to them having even worse connection issues on a league server than they did on SHaFT. I think we might want a euro league server even still, since our medic(s) are, IIRC, European. Or at least, Dog is.

Also, unless etf2l comes out with a news post telling us what maps we have to play, we'll be using the league map elimination system to determine the two maps played.

onasuma
2010-10-22, 01:33 AM
Depending on the actual time, you may need to Merc me out then - last time I was on SHaFT for a torny, I facestabbed that heavy alot.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-10-22, 02:02 AM
I'm assuming Yellow isn't going to try to have a game this weekend.

You assume correctly. If it had been a little less one-sided then I'd probably contest Granary, but frankly I don't see the point. They may not have been beaten us to the required amount, but they were clearly the better team on the day.

Oh no
2010-10-22, 12:50 PM
wont be able to make that match treayn i work

tarbrush
2010-10-22, 05:23 PM
If I'm filling in as medic, SHaFT's fine, I get less lag than Dogmantra for whatever reason.

AlterForm
2010-10-22, 06:41 PM
ChHa Green

The match tomorrow has been cancelled due to rain android apocalypse a league admin telling the other team captain that we have to wait for the official fixtures next week.

Thanks to all of you who said you could make it; I apologize if this messes/messed up anyone's schedule.

HOWEVER

One hour earlier than we had planned the match for, we'll be having a really laid back match with tf2wiki team. We'll be scrambling the teams as well (for a few matches at least), so show up if you can. No problem if you can't; we'll be playing with whoever shows up. I created a Steam event for it.

AlterForm
2010-10-22, 06:52 PM
ChHa Green

Double posting to make it clearer.

We're on for next week at the same time we had planned, on SHaFT. For reference, that's 21:00 UTC (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=30&year=2010&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=0) (5 PM Eastern) on Saturday, October 30.

Scuzzball
2010-10-22, 11:08 PM
ChHa Green

We're on for next week at the same time we had planned, on SHaFT. For reference, that's 21:00 UTC (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=30&year=2010&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=0) (5 PM Eastern) on Saturday, October 30.

My birthday! And I'll be there unless I have a party between a university tour and the next day.

watsyurname529
2010-10-23, 03:26 PM
ChHa Green

Damn. I'll just miss the time for this. I have my last football game to play at and they usually end by 6pm EST.

Darth Mario
2010-10-23, 03:33 PM
ChHa Green

Djinn and I are going to be in DC, and won't be able to make the game.

Treayn
2010-10-23, 04:06 PM
Reserving a league server for Cyan at the moment.

Side note: Phantom is not on the team anymore, since he hasn't been available. dj_bushido will be replacing him.

Rematch with CG will be 2 PM EST, the usual time.

Fawkes
2010-10-23, 04:19 PM
Djinn and I are going to be in DC, and won't be able to make the game.

You guys going to the rally?

AlterForm
2010-10-23, 04:29 PM
Those of you who can't make the current time for ChHa Green's match next week: Would moving it to Sunday work any better?

Darth Mario
2010-10-23, 04:31 PM
Yes, marginally. Djinn might have to borrow Phase's or Fawkes's computer, but we MIGHT be able to make it work. Maybe. The four of us and Raven were having a meetup that day, but we could take a break in the middle for the match. Would be quite fun if we could make it work.

drolkcal
2010-10-23, 04:43 PM
Those of you who can't make the current time for ChHa Green's match next week: Would moving it to Sunday work any better?

sorry no
10char

tarbrush
2010-10-23, 04:58 PM
Either works for me.

watsyurname529
2010-10-23, 05:33 PM

I should be able to attend Sunday.

Scuzzball
2010-10-23, 07:16 PM
Some people have planned a party on my house for that day. So probably no.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-23, 10:40 PM
So do we have enough people for cyan tomorrow? I want to put on a better show than last time.

Oh no
2010-10-24, 10:33 AM
and cyan please dont disappoint me with the sniping i would much appreciate there to be headshotx9 so i can watch a demo and laugh at how much they got headshotted

Science Officer
2010-10-24, 10:41 AM
and cyan please dont disappoint me with the sniping i would much appreciate there to be headshotx9 so i can watch a demo and laugh at how much they got headshotted

Hermmm, their sniper is fairly good.
Playing against Micro-Clan had filled me with enough confidence to sub in as sniper.
You know when you get into sniper duels with someone who is just that much better than you? When you find yourself headshot just when your crosshairs were perfectly centred?
:smallsigh:
I think Sciurius had better luck on granary.

But let's all hope for the best, that this rematch will go smoothly, without anger or glitches, and that maybe, just maybe, Cyan will win.

Snowstorm
2010-10-24, 11:14 AM

Yes. Sunday would be better, but 5pm EST isn't a great time on either day.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-24, 03:18 PM
We are really freakin' unlucky.

mightymonarch
2010-10-24, 03:19 PM
We are really freakin' unlucky.

...yeah...

But, overall tie means we move on, anyways.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-24, 03:21 PM
Granary was fun though.

surikesu
2010-10-24, 03:52 PM
I blame the curse of Dustbowl.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-24, 04:01 PM
quite. I think Dustbowl needs to be updated with the advent of the wrangler. What was already are hard point to take has now become nearly impossible against competent opponents. Didn't help that I was playing an absolutely horrible demoman, but still.

tarbrush
2010-10-24, 04:14 PM
What happened? And are you through?

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-24, 04:20 PM
We won Granary, then Treayn dc'd on dustbowl. We called for a pause and stopped playing. They didn't, then restarted the match in trying to pause. What happens next is unknown.

mightymonarch
2010-10-24, 04:46 PM
Checked the rules. Top team moves on. Here's hoping for a win in the tie breaker.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-10-24, 05:07 PM
As long as the tie breaker isn't Dustbowl...

ShortOne
2010-10-24, 05:14 PM
Some people have planned a party on my house for that day. So probably no.

Parties on roofs are pretty awesome. I approve.

Treayn
2010-10-24, 06:07 PM
I don't think Cyan's ever had a game that's been played on time, flawlessly.

*sigh*

Scuzzball
2010-10-24, 10:50 PM
Parties on roofs are pretty awesome. I approve.

My roof is metal and steep. So we will sit inside, in front of a screen with things moving on the screen. But yes, parties on roofs are quite awesome.

AlterForm
2010-10-28, 02:41 PM
ChHa Green:

etf2l finally got the fixtures up for the next round.

We will play next weekend, probably Saturday (ie, weekend of the 6th). Current time on the table is 21:00 CEST. Please let me know how this works for you, and/or if I need to push it back or forward.

Snowstorm
2010-10-28, 03:40 PM
Weekend of the 6th? Hrr..

That makes it 4pm EST, I think.. since CET loses the daylight hour at the end of the month.

An hour earlier would work better.

Scuzzball
2010-10-28, 03:53 PM
ChHa Green:

We will play next weekend, probably Saturday (ie, weekend of the 6th). Current time on the table is 21:00 CEST. Please let me know how this works for you, and/or if I need to push it back or forward.

Doubtful I can make it. I'm organizing a boy scout lan party.

onasuma
2010-10-29, 04:34 AM
I think Im good for that.

Dogmantra
2010-10-29, 11:18 AM
I think Im good for that.

I should be okay for that too. I can't do Saturday from about 5 - 11pm GMT+1.

/me is silly.
Yeah, weekend of the 6th is... a maybe for me. I need to find out whether or not something is happening or not.

Darth Mario
2010-10-29, 11:21 AM
ChHa Green:

Should work quite well for me, see you there.

Emlyn
2010-10-29, 11:22 AM
Sunday is better, Saturday can be made to work.

onasuma
2010-10-29, 12:20 PM
Hey all, can people in green (except Arb, Alter, Dog and Tarbrush) message me over steam or via PM to discuss that thing I was talking about last game we had? It'd be really nice to get done, but I cant do it unless I get more people onboard.

Treayn
2010-10-30, 05:34 PM
Cyan will have their tiebreaker on the 7th, as well.

I have errands to run on Halloween, such as.

- Buying the remaining candy on the store rack, the kind no one likes.
- Making sure that my house doesn't get egged.
- Keeping calm whilst dealing with little brats.

I'm sure others have things to do on Halloween as well. There's no problem with CG as well, since they requested to move it back a week.

So relax, farm your Halloween hats, practice for a bit.

The maps we'll be playing on the 7th will be:

pl_badwater
cp_granary

surikesu
2010-10-30, 05:54 PM
We're still having a tiebreaker?

At least we won't be playing on dustbowl this time. It leads to nothing but ill fortune.

AlterForm
2010-10-31, 01:32 PM
ChHa Green:

I need to hear from the following people regarding availability for our match on Saturday:

Arbitrary
Bayar
Darth Mario
Drolkcal
Emlyn
Onasuma
Qwazes
Scuzzball
Tarbrush
Watsyurname
Djinn

[UPDATE]: I've heard back from enough people (7, allowing for 2 mercs) to confirm the date/time. If you're still on the list, please still let me know if I can expect you or not.
[UPDATE2]: Maps should be pl_badwater; cp_granary; then pl_upward in case of tie only

Yes, that is almost the entire team. I want to get a person-to-person (ie, PM or steam message) confirmation of your ability (or lack thereof) to play in our match this Saturday, ASAP.

As a reminder, and IMPORTANT reminder, due to Europe coming off of Daylight Savings Time this weekend, the match time will be at 20:00 UTC.

Dogmantra
2010-10-31, 01:34 PM
As a reminder, and IMPORTANT reminder, due to Europe coming off of Daylight Savings Time this weekend, the match time will be at 20:00 UTC.

Note: England is back on UTC/GMT now.

tarbrush
2010-10-31, 01:34 PM
I'm available.

Scuzzball
2010-10-31, 10:13 PM
I can be there.

Emlyn
2010-10-31, 11:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but that puts our match at 4 est right?

AlterForm
2010-11-01, 12:03 AM
4pm Eastern, yes.

onasuma
2010-11-01, 11:47 AM
Sorry, yeah, Im good for saturday.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-11-01, 11:47 AM
As am I. :smallbiggrin:

NeoVid
2010-11-01, 05:21 PM
Is Yellow going to have a game this week? I would like to keep going.

Azimer the Mad
2010-11-01, 10:10 PM
Is Yellow going to have a game this week? I would like to keep going.

We get to keep going? Cool!

onasuma
2010-11-02, 06:18 PM
Hey all, can people in green (except Arb, Alter, Dog and Tarbrush) message me over steam or via PM to discuss that thing I was talking about last game we had? It'd be really nice to get done, but I cant do it unless I get more people onboard.

Reposting this as no one else has got in touch. I dont want to have to give up on this.

EDIT: Emlyn has now. That still leaves more than half of you. Come on guys.

Dogmantra
2010-11-03, 03:48 PM
Okay, Green. Going over the maps, it looks like we are assured a win provided one thing: we do not let it go to Upward. I hate to say it, but our Upward performance was pretty bad in general. I think we don't know it well enough. Luckily, we have been graced with Badwater and Granary, two very strong maps. Last time we played Granary was a stomp, and Badwater we only lost because we fell apart defending and never regrouped.

For tactics, on Badwater, we want the first point to hold for as long as we can, because once they're pushing through the tunnel, we've lost our Kritz. It's just not good enough elsewhere on the map to warrant taking it past the first hold. Granary, we should judge based on how they play Badwater and also with the demos from here (http://etf2l.org/matches/21815/) which I suggest everyone downloads to get a good idea of what their opponents are up to.

Also Onasuma would like to remind everyone that he still needs to hear from everyone on Green who hasn't been mentioned above.

onasuma
2010-11-03, 06:49 PM
I'm going to say that if people dont at least contact me by the next Green game, we'll be reverting to plan B. Dont know what Plan B is? Guess you'll have to contact me to find out.

Edit: Mario and Scuzz have now got in touch. Shame on you last 3 people.

mightymonarch
2010-11-04, 09:51 PM
Should put this here. Can't participate in Highlander stuff for at minimum 2 weeks. Or, however long it takes to get a check from the insurance company so I can build a new PC. :smallfrown: So, in short, don't ask.

Emlyn
2010-11-05, 10:27 AM
Should put this here. Can't participate in Highlander stuff for at minimum 2 weeks. Or, however long it takes to get a check from the insurance company so I can build a new PC. :smallfrown: So, in short, don't ask.

Oh, that sucks. :smallfrown: What happened to your computer?

Fawkes
2010-11-05, 10:47 AM

She just said don't ask, Emlyn. :smallamused:

mightymonarch
2010-11-05, 10:57 AM

My apartment burned down. (http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Flames-damage-Kzoo-apartment-building)

Fawkes, the don't ask was 'don't ask me to play.' Sorry about the confusion.

watsyurname529
2010-11-05, 11:24 AM
So, I now don't think I'll be able to play tomorrow unless the time is moved earlier.

Unavoidable school activities.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-11-05, 11:29 AM
If the cyan game is still happening this weekend, I can't play.

AlterForm
2010-11-05, 01:54 PM
ChHa Green:

Game is still on for tomorrow at 20:00 UTC (6 pm eastern, unless I'm mistaken)

I've created a Steam event for it, so if I got the time wrong let me know. It's the usual one-hour-early time.

Fawkes
2010-11-05, 03:27 PM
My apartment burned down. (http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Flames-damage-Kzoo-apartment-building)

wha-

oh ****

:smallfrown: I'm sorry.

Azimer the Mad
2010-11-05, 04:12 PM

Ouch. I'm sorry and ho[e nothing irreplaceable was lost.:smalleek:

NeoVid
2010-11-05, 07:14 PM

Huh... I actually didn't think that a 1-1 record might be enough to knock us out of the running. I really hope it's not over for Yellow.

Also, is it all right to use a rocketjump script in this event? I know there's some restriction on scripts, but can't remember what...

Dogmantra
2010-11-05, 07:22 PM
Also, is it all right to use a rocketjump script in this event? I know there's some restriction on scripts, but can't remember what...

That's specifically called out as disallowed.

Arbitrarity
2010-11-05, 10:36 PM
Watch Rocket Jumping 101 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnw1SV06lk) for a full and comprehensive tutorial on pretty much every useful rocket jumping technique. All you really need are vertical jumps, flick longjumps (important to learn, standard "turn right, fire at an angle"), airstrafing, and walljumps. Not double walljumps, just basic ones, for good distance.

Everything else is just silly.

onasuma
2010-11-06, 03:28 AM
Ive now also got in touch the Djinn, so less than half of you lot left. Please contact me Green. Please?

Darth Mario
2010-11-06, 01:10 PM
ChHa Green:

Game is still on for tomorrow at 20:00 UTC (6 pm eastern, unless I'm mistaken)

I've created a Steam event for it, so if I got the time wrong let me know. It's the usual one-hour-early time.

Pretty sure you're mistaken. 8 PM UTC converts to 4 PM Eastern Daylight Time. Please, please, please be there by 3 PM, guys, to be sure we can field a full team with the changed time!

NeoVid
2010-11-06, 03:26 PM
Watch Rocket Jumping 101 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnw1SV06lk) for a full and comprehensive tutorial on pretty much every useful rocket jumping technique.

I'm already very good at manual rocketjumping. It's just that the last couple of times I've talked to competitive players they told me to stop screwing myself and use a script. So for the past week or so, I have, and it's amazingly useful.

Worira
2010-11-06, 04:11 PM
But... manually jumping is better in every way. I am skeptical of these alleged comp players.

onasuma
2010-11-06, 04:45 PM
So, em, we lost.

On the plus side, alterform now has a swanky new Stovepipe. Anyone in green who did not donate metal yet, but said they would/feels they should, please pass it onto djinn because he gave us 4 peoples worth of metal or dog who sacrificed his swanky hairdo to get a second attempt at a hat (after my nappers respite had failed us).

Dogmantra
2010-11-06, 05:00 PM
So, the deciding match was played tonight. Chocolate Hammer Green, led by viciously handsome joint captains AlterForm and Dogmantra, also featuring Djinn, Scuzz, drolkcal, Arbitrary, Emlyn, Mario and Onasuma fought against the Team Fortress Wiki team, captained by Wind.

Badwater was the first battleground. We got off to a shaky start, with our Kritz being taken down by an Uber Heavy (who, by the way, had previous league experience and was only allowed to play Heavy/Spy/Pyro under the buddy rules). We held them valiantly before the second point, and it took a good eight minutes for them to capture the point. Our assault was fantastic. Switching Scuzzball to Scout and drolkcal to Demoman gave us the much needed strength to push and start rolling. We began to dominate them until a lucky Huntsman headshot took me out with full uber and we lost all our momentum. Unfortunately, we lost this map.

The second map we played was Granary, which we also got off to a shaky start on. The first 18 minutes went awfully, we lost two matches in this time and it looked like we were going to lose. Then all of a sudden, two wins in around 8 minutes. We thought we were fine. Frustratingly we were under the impression that in the event of a tie, we would be allowed to finish the current round. The game ended. The map tied.

So we had lost. Alter then activated a Huge Pile of Gifts. We then crafted him a hat. He had the hat already. So we crafted it again. He didn't play Spy. We crafted it again and he got a Scotsman's Stove Pipe.

Though it's not all bad - if the TF2Wiki team manages to win the tournament, Chocolate Hammer Green will get Second Place medals. So TF2Wiki, we're rooting for you. :smallsmile:

AlterForm
2010-11-06, 05:05 PM
I dyed the hat purple. My demo looks like a pimp. :3

Treayn
2010-11-06, 06:23 PM
Cyan desperately needs a merc sniper or demo for tomorrow Sunday, post here or message me if you're interested.

Dogmantra
2010-11-06, 06:32 PM
I could merc as Demo, but there are plenty of better ones.

Darth Mario
2010-11-06, 06:53 PM
Cyan desperately needs a merc sniper or demo for tomorrow Sunday, post here or message me if you're interested.

I will merc Demo for you if you can't find a better option. I'm probably(?) better than Dog, but worse than any dedicated Demo player.

mightymonarch
2010-11-06, 07:41 PM
What time is Cyan's match tomorrow? I may be able to play if it's late. Like 1900 EST or later. I have a computer capable of running TF2, but I am lacking the the mic department.

onasuma
2010-11-07, 02:42 AM
Depends on when, but I can Merc Sniper if its after 8pm GMT.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-11-07, 07:39 AM

Huh... I actually didn't think that a 1-1 record might be enough to knock us out of the running. I really hope it's not over for Yellow.

Sorry guys, but we don't. Three teams in a group, top team goes through. We had 1-1, the guys who beat us had 2-0.

Treayn
2010-11-07, 09:20 AM
The match is at 2 PM EST (7 GMT)

You can't merc unless you're registered on the ETF2L site.

So far I have Scuzzball and Drolkcal confirmed as mercs.

Darth Mario and Dogmantra are our "reserve mercs", if our current mercs somehow happen to drop out.

In other news, my router has crapped out, I'm running the wires through a temporary connection, I haven't reserved a league server yet, and I'm about to go out, as of this post and quickly buy a new router.

Meaning I'll be tied up today before 2 PM. If anyone on Cyan can talk to the ETF2L admins about reserving a league server, that'd be great.

Azimer the Mad
2010-11-07, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys, but we don't. Three teams in a group, top team goes through. We had 1-1, the guys who beat us had 2-0.

Oh, well. We still get a badge, I had fun, and I think we did okay up until the time we fell apart, whereas we dud okay in the face of crushing-borg-like teamwork.

Worira, you promised a breakdown of our screw-ups, remember? :smallbiggrin:

Treayn
2010-11-07, 12:55 PM
I mean, if anyone so wants to, we could have you guys merc in for future Cyan matches, provided Cyan can get past today's match.

NeoVid
2010-11-07, 02:31 PM
But... manually jumping is better in every way.

After manually jumping for years, and using a script for a week, I'm not seeing how manual jumping is better at all.

Treayn
2010-11-07, 04:37 PM
Do not despair ChHa, for not all hope is lost.

We have just gotten through our re-rematch tiebreaker with [CG], winning both Badwater and Granary.

We're movin' on up to the playoffs now. Wish us luck.

Fluff & Napalm
2010-11-07, 04:49 PM
Finally. Good job Cyan! Hopefully, after this week I'll be more available.

mightymonarch
2010-11-07, 05:45 PM

We have just gotten through our re-rematch tiebreaker with [CG], winning both Badwater and Granary.

Huzzah! I helped, kinda!

Darth Mario
2010-11-07, 06:18 PM

Huge congrats to Cyan for beating CG. Should you need an Engineer merc, feel free to call on me anytime.

surikesu
2010-11-07, 06:31 PM
Looks like the ragtag bunch of misfits with the will to survive are moving on.

Here's to the next match.

Treayn
2010-11-07, 06:56 PM
I think what we'll do is, I know Yellow and Green are knocked out, but there's many players that want to keep playing in the highlander.

So, we'll probably call in whomever wants to play for next week or so. I know Azimer and Darth Mario really wanted to continue playing in the highlander challenge.

It's a good compromise: People get to keep playing, and Cyan finally gets a stable roster.

However, we do need some classes moreso than others, so I'm listing them in order of demand.

Sniper
Engi
Demo
Spy (I'd like a change of pace occasionally >.<)
Heavy
Scout
Medic
Pyro
Soldier

mightymonarch
2010-11-07, 07:28 PM
I'll should be back and able to play when I get a wired mouse and mousepad. I'll pick up something cheap from Best Buy for now when I get the chance, hereby solving the Medic issue. (I can make do with my laptop keyboard, but trying to play with a wireless mouse? Gives me a headache thinking about it.)

Oh no
2010-11-07, 11:25 PM
new schedule for work but ill have some time to play ish i work friday and saturday and then sunday i work 2-5 CST obviously but yea 4-7 saturday and friday would be available at like whenever to 3:45 on saturday and i really wouldnt be available fridays...also dr.gf i play with a wireless mouse...and love it...a lot...

onasuma
2010-11-08, 05:14 AM
I can spy well and snipe relitively well on the official servers - Shaft, not so much.

Winthur
2010-11-08, 09:45 AM
I am - and I know it's a shock to everyone of you - a decent Spy. :smalltongue:
And I also can make jokes so awful that it's barely possible...
*puts on sunglasses*
...to jest roll with them.
(Which is useful apparently for lowering the opponent's morale)

Azimer the Mad
2010-11-08, 10:53 PM
I mean, if anyone so wants to, we could have you guys merc in for future Cyan matches, provided Cyan can get past today's match.
Ooooh.

So, we'll probably call in whomever wants to play for next week or so. I know Azimer and Darth Mario really wanted to continue playing in the highlander challenge.Sniper
Engi
Demo
Spy (I'd like a change of pace occasionally >.<)
Heavy
Scout
Medic
Pyro
Soldier

I am confident in my Engi ability. 2nd most played class. I did a pretty good demo, and can do Heavy & Medic.

Pie Guy
2010-11-08, 11:00 PM
If you need a scout merc, pm me.

Treayn
2010-11-10, 12:49 AM
Better brush up on Upward and Gravelpit, because that's what we'll be playing in our next match with:

SUPER SAIYAN SWAGGER.

...Don't ask me.

Anyways, I'll talk to their leader, probably schedule it for this week.

Until then, better brush up on those 2 maps.

Matchlink (http://etf2l.org/matches/24051/)

Darth Mario
2010-11-10, 01:41 AM
Better brush up on Upward and Gravelpit, because that's what we'll be playing in our next match with:

SUPER SAIYAN SWAGGER.

...Don't ask me.

Anyways, I'll talk to their leader, probably schedule it for this week.

Until then, better brush up on those 2 maps.

Matchlink (http://etf2l.org/matches/24051/)

Gravelpit is a specialty for me as Engineer, both offensively and defensively. If whoever ends up playing Engineer wants a strategy walkthrough, I'd be happy to help out.

Upward less so. I have literally played the map twice, one of those times in this tournament.

Treayn
2010-11-16, 12:14 AM
Heads up Cyan, post here or PM me what times you guys are available for this coming Sunday.

Super Saiyan Swagger is proposing to play this Sunday, Nov 21st, between 7-9 PM EST.

I need to know what's the latest you guys can all play, and schedule it accordingly.

Phantom123
2010-11-16, 01:00 AM
Heads up Cyan, post here or PM me what times you guys are available for this coming Sunday.

Super Saiyan Swagger is proposing to play this Sunday, Nov 21st, between 7-9 PM EST.

I need to know what's the latest you guys can all play, and schedule it accordingly.

I could join you guys as spy...
If you'll have me after my previous fail schedule... :(

dj_bushido
2010-11-16, 10:51 AM
I can do early afternoon (EST) but I'll be out sometime around 5. I don't need to leave like the last time as soon as the match is done, but I will be done at the firm time of 5 PM. That being said, Qwazes (Pie Guy) is a pretty good (very good) scout to sub. How many mercs are we allowed to have?

EDIT: See updated post below. I can't play from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST. the 7-9 would actually work far better.