PDA

View Full Version : [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Draken
2011-05-19, 09:55 PM
My memory of Hueco Mundo does not seem to include a Sun and Moon to mark day and night cycles.

The thread where Rouga is trying to man up Pico. Yeah the Forest of Menos.

That thread is a specific out-of-normal-timeline episode pertaining to rouga and pico. Standard issue forest of menos stuff is done in the Hueco Mundo thread.

riccaru
2011-05-19, 09:57 PM
Wasn't Episode 6 The Return of the Jedi? :smalltongue:

True. Initially I was proposing that one game day equates to 1 week of RL time, so that everyone can find some time to do something. Then again, I think its presumptuous of me to propose that. I rarely have enough free time myself.

yeah, hard set times like that would be a bad thing, I think.

I also think it's been brought up.

@KD: biddy? The only time I've heard that it was by this idiot who said it instead of a term for female dog also starting with 'B'. "Those are some hot biddy's, man" :smalltongue:

Nicklance
2011-05-19, 09:59 PM
That thread is a specific out-of-normal-timeline episode pertaining to rouga and pico. Standard issue forest of menos stuff is done in the Hueco Mundo thread.

Thank you sir. Will adjust that during lunch time.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-19, 10:01 PM
I try to keep my vocabulary flexible.

Also, SCIENCE! :smallbiggrin:

Nicklance
2011-05-19, 10:28 PM
I smell high school shenanigans for our dear Princess of Las Noches :smalltongue:

riccaru
2011-05-19, 10:29 PM
I smell high school shenanigans for our dear Princess of Las Noches :smalltongue:

She's like, three feet tall and will rip your spine out and feed it to you.

Shenanigans ensue!

horngeek
2011-05-19, 10:31 PM
Incidentally, I'll be away this weekend too.

Church weekend away.

riccaru
2011-05-19, 10:34 PM
She's like, three feet tall and will rip your spine out and feed it to you.

Shenanigans ensue!

Incidentally, I'll be away this weekend too.

Church weekend away.

What kind of church is that?:smalleek:

For serious, have fun.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-19, 10:35 PM
Speaking of weekends:

Friday: Work, and then gaming night. On late, if at all.
Saturday: Morning and afternoon, combo of a bit of house cleanup, family over, youngest brother's high school graduation, and reception. Then, when I leave that, I go for another night of gaming.
Sunday: Church in the morning, and sometime in the later afternoon/evening, my youngest brother's open house.

So, yeah. I'll likely be sparse around here for a couple of days.

riccaru
2011-05-19, 10:36 PM
Is that really board appropriate?

It was hypothetical!

horngeek
2011-05-19, 10:43 PM
It was hypothetical!

The type that views the church as a community. :smallsmile:

More detail would be NSFGitP, but it's not that unusual. Youth Groups do it all the time, this is just for the wider church instead of just the Youth Groups.

riccaru
2011-05-19, 10:45 PM
The type that views the church as a community. :smallsmile:

More detail would be NSFGitP, but it's not that unusual. Youth Groups do it all the time, this is just for the wider church instead of just the Youth Groups.

It was a joke. since you said "incidentally" I pretended it was related to the "ripping out the spine and feeding it" part of my post. Which would be odd, for any kind of establishment.

I give up:smallfrown:

horngeek
2011-05-19, 10:48 PM
<.<
>.>

I plead Asperger's. :smallredface:

Ammutseba
2011-05-19, 11:13 PM
Whoa, wait. What is this? The 5th division captain is going to die?! But why?

Nicklance
2011-05-19, 11:30 PM
He already died. Old age it seems.

Old Age: A rare condition that adventurers encounter.

riccaru
2011-05-19, 11:33 PM
Old Age: A rare condition that adventurers encounter.

That's a myth. Real adventurer's never make it to old age. They die to an epic level vampire paragon with spellcaster levels.

True story. BBEG isn't fooling around.

Nicklance
2011-05-19, 11:35 PM
That's a myth. Real adventurer's never make it to old age. They die to an epic level vampire paragon with spellcaster levels.

True story. BBEG isn't fooling around.

Which makes the Badass Grandpa trope so precious. :smalltongue:

riccaru
2011-05-19, 11:40 PM
Which makes the Badass Grandpa trope so precious. :smalltongue:

Yes. Although I think it was overkill to spend a CR 18 vampire at my players at level 6.:smallredface:

Got the plot along nicely though.

Ammutseba
2011-05-19, 11:46 PM
So then... who is the new 5th division captain? This is important to me... I need to talk to them about my character. :smallfrown:

Draken
2011-05-19, 11:49 PM
There isn't, the death was pretty recent. You can discuss it with any of the other captains, however.

Ammutseba
2011-05-19, 11:54 PM
Oh. Well, nevermind then. If there isn't a new captain, then it's not important yet.

Nicklance
2011-05-19, 11:55 PM
Oh. Well, nevermind then. If there isn't a new captain, then it's not important yet.

You could make one :smallcool:

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-19, 11:59 PM
You could make one :smallcool:

-or become one. >_>

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 12:09 AM
-or become one. >_>

Dun Dun DUNNNNN

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-20, 12:22 AM
They gave me a loving Division. I gave them a swift death.

Whereas I gave them the option of a perfect world.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-20, 12:24 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to speak in Abishai voice. That'd have been more like.

"They offered me a home. So I ate their faces and drug their bodies around the room while singing We Are the Champions"

I miss Toho too. I am amazed you still have my quote in your sig...it's been so bloody long.

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-20, 12:32 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to speak in Abishai voice. That'd have been more like.

"They offered me a home. So I ate their faces and drug their bodies around the room while singing We Are the Champions"

I miss Toho too. I am amazed you still have my quote in your sig...it's been so bloody long.

I only regret that he didn't get the game-over that I was hoping for.

As for Abishai, wouldn't it have gone more like:

"They offered me a home. So I-" *foams at the mouth*

:smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2011-05-20, 12:36 AM
It depends on the point we took him at in the game. He ping pong balled from total zealous lunacy to resistant sullen acceptance to full on wanting to eat Shirubaru's face.

Ammutseba
2011-05-20, 01:37 AM
There is no way this character could ever fit the requirements for captaincy. Sorry.

Are there any characters in the 5th division right now, though?

Innis Cabal
2011-05-20, 01:58 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9514719&postcount=84

Is the only person left but they haven't logged two weeks.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 02:40 AM
"They offered me a home. So I redecorated it via a reality TV show."

Innis Cabal
2011-05-20, 03:31 AM
I would say, Takeshi's actual (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IHEQDAQF-M) theme songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vZbGT-ehM). Darkness Darkness would certainly be the one for his Zanpakuto. Lyrics in the More Info section for both. Alternatively, maybe this one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPcgaWpGzI)

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 05:52 AM
I'm bored...should I send Cuerva to the Mortal World in a gigai? :smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-20, 06:17 AM
I'm bored...should I send Cuerva to the Mortal World in a gigai? :smallbiggrin:

Or just wait for a while. Lalita will come over to visit when Edward decides to snap out of it. :smallsmile:

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 06:19 AM
Or just wait for a while. Lalita will come over to visit when Edward decides to snap out of it. :smallsmile:

Sure. :smallbiggrin: House Warming Party?

By the way Draken, how long would it roughly take for all the construction and refurbishing work to be completed?

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 07:15 AM
Hmm, methinks Takeshi shouldn't mention the Hollow plan to Alice. Becoming a monster probably won't make the monster-hater very fond of him. :smalltongue:

Although it would be good drama.

Kasanip
2011-05-20, 07:21 AM
It is my propose for a new 9th division character. Please offer your advice and comments freely. :smallredface:

岡地 佳紀 Okaji Kaki

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/be2a018f.jpg
Hair: Green
Eyes: Gold
Reiatsu: Dust, it seems thin and weak, but it is spread very widely around her. Subtle.
Rank: 4th seat, 9th Division (maybe soon to be vice captain?)

Appearance: A short young woman, Kaki seems more like she is still an academy student. Her defining features are green hair and unusual gold eyes.

Personality: A calm and collected girl, she doesn't seem easily upset by things. Maybe she seems a little aloof. But it is the personality of a young person who wants to be seen with dignity and grace. She is very diligent of taking notes and observations, to do paperwork and essay, and seems to often offer an opinion that is older than she looks. She has a strong spirit and determination that is more than she seems. A very straight-laced junior.

Background:
Born in Soul Society, her father is a researcher in the 12th division, who gave her the hanafuda cards that she uses now. She had an uneventful early life, but entered the Academy at an extremely young age. It was expected with her intelligence she would preform well in science and join her father in 12th division, but she was more interested in Kido.

During her time in the Academy, she was a very gifted student in Kido, because of her excellent memory. A recent Academy graduate, Kaki was promoted quickly in the last year due to her strong performance on 12 different assignments, and the recent loss of members in the 9th division. She is considered by some to be a prodigy of Kido, but is overshadowed because of some of some other more famous characters, like the former Kido Corps Commander. Maybe with time, she will earn recognition.

Something Extra:
The powerful and delicious coffee of 9th Division is somewhat famous. It is known to be useful for 13th division members on long patrols, and maybe even in 12th division for the researchers. It is the famous Okaji style coffee, Kaki learned of it from her father, who rarely sleeps with his research job at 12th division. Kaki has learned to make this coffee quite strongly, and though Vice Captain Goto never drinks it, Kaki makes certain that the 9th division building always has coffee ready for drinking.
Sometimes she can be seen to make deliveries to other divisions if there is request.
Where is coffee grown in Soul Society? It is a secret I think.

Something Extra 2:
The hairpin worn by Kaki is changed every month. It is rumored if it is asked about, Kaki will be happy.

Something Extra 3:
The ghost phone used by Kaki is said to be a fashionable style for young people in soul society, but does not suit her personality and job.

General Skills:
Zanjutsu: This is not the speciality of Kaki, though she is training hard to meet the expectations of her superiors. Her zanpakutou's nature makes this hard however. She uses her speed to quickly enter and leave close range.

Hakuda: No she cannot very well.

Hoho: All of 9th division members must be skilled at this, and Kaki is very precise in footwork. She is very accurate, and one of the fastest of seated members, though she doesn't seem like it. For 9th division scouts, it is a necessary skill, and she has good stamina of shunpo technique.

Kido: This is Kaki's other skill specialty from Shunpo. She is very strong in Scout techniques and also Geomancing. Of elements, her choice is normally Earth or Lightning. She is very skilled in recording, analysis and creation of area wards and hiding her presence.

Reiryoku: Her spiritual presence feels very weak, and is not very centered. It is dispersed in the area, which lets her feel around her in a 10 meter radius. If she focuses, she can extend this much further. It does make her difficult to locate, though one simply must guess within the area where she may be.

Sensor: She is, like some scouts of 9th, a reiryoku sensor, capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking spiritual energy over many kilometers. With kido and tools, to be a 4th seat of 9th Division, it is to mean she is perhaps 4th best scout in Soul Society, and of course one of the best sensors.

Hanafuda:
The tool that allows Kaki her skill, it is a set of Hanafuda cards, which she uses with Kido for many things: scouting, creating maps, distractions, divinations, and some others.

Seasons: Of course there are 4 seasons, and are to connect to a direction.
Suits: There are 12 suits of flowers, and they have a month, which is so divided also to season. So it is a 12/12/4 system, and to have 3 suits to 1 season.
Cards: Each flower suit has 4 cards.
In total, there are 48 cards, which also relate to the 48 kido she is very familiar with. Because of such a trait, she was sometimes called nickname "Twelve", but maybe it was a joke for her young appearance at academy too.

Zanpakutou: 燕子花 (Kakitsubata )
In it's sealed form, Kakitsubata is a normal wakizashi. When on assignment, Kaki keeps it on her back. In soul society, it is on her side.

Shikai:
Kakitsubata transforms into the smaller form of a tanto Kaki keeps in her robes.
Abilities:

覚えれ,燕子花! Oboere, Kakitsubata!
The first ability of Kaki's shikai is a memorization power. To point the zanpakutou at a target, it's unique spiritual energy is memorized by Kaki, allowing her to track it across great distances using her sensor abilities and kido. It can also be used to memorize a book, or a location in a very quick period of time. Of course, the information will be eventually forgotten.

掏り替えれ,燕子花! Surikaere, Kakitsubata!
The second ability of Kaki's sword lets her to switch places with a target within 70 meters when she swings her sword. The target appears where she was standing, and she appears where the target was. She can choose freely to use or not use this in a sword strke. The target object or person must weigh at least half of her weight (so she cannot switch with a notebook or something like this). It is an instant effect. Motion and speed remains, so it does not stop someone moving when switched, just where they are and maybe their direction.

Bankai: Not achieved

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-20, 07:33 AM
Okay, I've updated the Story So Far timeline with the biggest events that happened since I took a break. I demand everyone take a look now. (http://bleachitp-reborn.wikidot.com/the-story-so-far)

Why? Well, obviously a thousand things have happened in a short period. Secondly, some characters have fast-forwarded more than a week ahead in time, and since not everyone reads all the posts, this is bound to cause some confusion.

So I believe the list deserves to come back in its original purpose: to remind people when things have happened. No, the list isn't very comprehensive, but every player should be able to find some reference point, so they can place their characters on the timeline.

I heavily suggest everyone start working towards getting their characters to Day 18 or 19, in every thread. This should be a good point, as we're at a point where old plot have ended, and new ones are just starting - it's a good opportunity to skip ahead a bit.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 07:49 AM
Frozen, you can drop the movies outing for Aya into day 18.

And any day within the 1 week you could slot in Sayuri finding Aya regarding the encounter report she had submitted to the 1st Division.

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-20, 07:52 AM
A sidenote, since it's been bugging a whole lot of people and especially me when I wrote down Takeshi's exploits:

Innis, when you look at that list, you should feel very, very ashamed.

In span of less than a day, Takeshi supposedly defected, took the archives with him, made a warehouse into a luxury hotel, created a falling star above the pacific, created a demiplane with life and massive construction within it, fought with Aya and Shishou getting seriously wounded in the process, and he hasn't even broken a sweat.

Oh, and he's supposedly made the warehouse undetectable too, though I'll be adressing that shortly in-game.

In short, while I guess the actual timeframe hardly crossed your mind when you wrote it all, all that counts as pretty blatant god-modding. In other words: tone it down, will you? Takeshi shoudl've died from exhaustion doing all that. Now, I'm willing to let it slide, since it's already happened and adds to the story. But I reserve rights to downplay Takeshi's power and effort with any characters of my own, should they encounter him. Otherwise, he's unreasonably powerful by all metrics.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 08:02 AM
A sidenote, since it's been bugging a whole lot of people and especially me when I wrote down Takeshi's exploits:

In span of less than a day, Takeshi supposedly defected, took the archives with him, made a warehouse into a luxury hotel, created a falling star above the pacific, created a demiplane with life and massive construction within it, fought with Aya and Shishou getting seriously wounded in the process, and he hasn't even broken a sweat.

Oh, and he's supposedly made the warehouse undetectable too, though I'll be adressing that shortly in-game.

In short, while I guess the actual timeframe hardly crossed your mind when you wrote it all, all that counts as pretty blatant god-modding. In other words: tone it down, will you? Takeshi shoudl've died from exhaustion doing all that. Now, I'm willing to let it slide, since it's already happened and adds to the story. But I reserve rights to downplay Takeshi's power and effort with any characters of my own, should they encounter him. Otherwise, he's unreasonably powerful by all metrics.

Wasn't it taking place over a month? That's how long he told the thirty Ex-Kido members it would take before he would call them back.

I've kinda been writing Alice's introduction based on that too, since she wouldn't have gotten to Tokyo and acquired a gigai if it had been less than a day...

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 08:07 AM
Thanks FF for adjusting the timeline of events. Appreciate it. :smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-20, 08:13 AM
Wasn't it taking place over a month? That's how long he told the thirty Ex-Kido members it would take before he would call them back.

I've kinda been writing Alice's introduction based on that too, since she wouldn't have gotten to Tokyo and acquired a gigai if it had been less than a day...

Do note, I focused solely on the events that clearly happened concurrently with Von Geister's presence - it's the only way the timeline could make sense.

However, I did not place Takeshi's radiocast and him meeting Satoru or Alice anywhere on the timeline, exactly because those things could've happened much later. My suggestion would be that Takeshi's and Satoru's meeting, and Alice's introduction, would've all taken place on Day 18, or 11 days later from his defection.

Not quite a month, but at least bit over third of one.

Would also mean that 29 of his fellow defectors have yet to receive the word, or haven't made the trip yet. :smallsmile:

Sucrose
2011-05-20, 08:18 AM
It is my propose for a new 9th division character. Please offer your advice and comments freely. :smallredface:

岡地 佳紀 Okaji Kaki

Reiatsu: Dust, it seems thin and weak, but it is spread very widely around her. Subtle.

Appearance: A short young woman, Kaki seems more like she is still an academy student. Her defining features are green hair and unusual gold eyes.

Personality: A calm and collected girl, she doesn't seem easily upset by things. Maybe she seems a little aloof. But it is the personality of a young person who wants to be seen with dignity and grace. She is very diligent of taking notes and observations, to do paperwork and essay, and seems to often offer an opinion that is older than she looks. She has a strong spirit and determination that is more than she seems. A very straight-laced junior.

Background:
Born in Soul Society, her father is a researcher in the 12th division, who gave her the hanafuda cards that she uses now. She had an uneventful early life, but entered the Academy at an extremely young age. It was expected with her intelligence she would preform well in science and join her father in 12th division, but she was more interested in Kido.

During her time in the Academy, she was a very gifted student in Kido, because of her excellent memory. A recent Academy graduate, Kaki was promoted quickly in the last year due to her strong performance on 12 different assignments, and the recent loss of members in the 9th division. She is considered by some to be a prodigy of Kido, but is overshadowed because of some of some other more famous characters, like the former Kido Corps Commander. Maybe with time, she will earn recognition.

Something Extra:
The powerful and delicious coffee of 9th Division is somewhat famous. It is known to be useful for 13th division members on long patrols, and maybe even in 12th division for the researchers. It is the famous Okaji style coffee, Kaki learned of it from her father, who rarely sleeps with his research job at 12th division. Kaki has learned to make this coffee quite strongly, and though Vice Captain Goto never drinks it, Kaki makes certain that the 9th division building always has coffee ready for drinking.
Sometimes she can be seen to make deliveries to other divisions if there is request.

Something Extra 2:
The hairpin worn by Kaki is changed every month. It is rumored if it is asked about, Kaki will be happy.

Something Extra 3:
The ghost phone used by Kaki is said to be a fashionable style for young people in soul society, but does not suit her personality and job.

General Skills:
Zanjutsu: This is not the speciality of Kaki, though she is training hard to meet the expectations of her superiors. Her zanpakutou's nature makes this hard however. She uses her speed to quickly enter and leave close range.

Hoho: All of 9th division members must be skilled at this, and Kaki is very precise in footwork. She is very accurate, and one of the fastest of seated members, though she doesn't seem like it. For 9th division scouts, it is a necessary skill, and she has good stamina of shunpo technique.

Kido: This is Kaki's other skill specialty from Shunpo. She is very strong in Scout techniques and also Geomancing. Of elements, her choice is normally Earth or Lightning. She is very skilled in recording, analysis and creation of area wards and hiding her presence.

Reiryoku: Her spiritual presence feels very weak, and is not very centered. It is dispersed in the area, which lets her feel around her in a 10 meter radius. If she focuses, she can extend this much further. It does make her difficult to locate, though one simply must guess within the area where she may be.

Sensor: She is, like some scouts of 9th, a reiryoku sensor, capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking spiritual energy over many kilometers. With kido and tools, to be a 4th seat of 9th Division, it is to mean she is perhaps 4th best scout in Soul Society, and of course one of the best sensors.

Hanafuda:
The tool that allows Kaki her skill, it is a set of Hanafuda cards, which she uses with Kido for many things: scouting, creating maps, distractions, divinations, and some others.

Suits: There are 12 suits of flowers, and they have a month, which is so divided also to season. So it is a 12/12/4 system, and to have 3 suits to 1 season.
In total, there are 48 cards, which also relate to the 48 kido she is very familiar with. Because of such a trait, she was sometimes called nickname "Twelve", but maybe it was a joke for her young appearance at academy too.

In it's sealed form, Kakitsubata is a normal wakizashi. When on assignment, Kaki keeps it on her back. In soul society, it is on her side.

Shikai:
Kakitsubata transforms into the smaller form of a tanto Kaki keeps in her robes.
Abilities:

The first ability of Kaki's shikai is a memorization power. To point the zanpakutou at a target, it's unique spiritual energy is memorized by Kaki, allowing her to track it across great distances using her sensor abilities and kido. It can also be used to memorize a book, or a location in a very quick period of time. Of course, the information will be eventually forgotten.

The second ability of Kaki's sword lets her to switch places with a target within 70 meters when she swings her sword. The target appears where she was standing, and she appears where the target was. She can choose freely to use or not use this in a sword strke. The target object or person must weigh at least half of her weight (so she cannot switch with a notebook or something like this). It is an instant effect. Motion and speed remains, so it does not stop someone moving when switched, just where they are and maybe their direction.

She has a couple of interesting quirks. Seems like she'll be fun, in the capacity of a straight woman. I don't really understand the connection of the Hanafuda cards to Kaki's Kido, though.

My brief bit of research turned up that they can be used for divination, using a complex method to determine which months you get to count as a full set, so I guess that one could use the connection with various months' associations to modify Kido, but you said that each card is keyed to a different Kido. I've not yet found anything that dealt with each card individually, so could you give us some examples of how it might work?

Her spread of abilities seems reasonable. Her Shikai is interesting, and still somehow leaves a bit of room for Hayashi Goro's to remain useful.

Overall, beyond my confusion on the Hanafuda cards, I approve quite heartily.

Edit: I am assuming that Kaki is simply a genius in her specialties, thus explaining how she was able to achieve such power and rank at her young age. Is that about right?

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 09:03 AM
Kasanip,

I like the character a lot! I think she will be fun to RP with! I like the extreme youth to be paired with my characters extreme age, should make for fun RP.

Having said that, the only thing i am curious about is the Hanafuda cards as well. If you could explain just a little more clearly how she uses them or how they relate to her power etc.

Other than that i vote she is good to go for the registry, if my vote matters at all.

I am looking forward to RPing with you Kasanip!

岡地 佳紀 Okaji Kaki

Background:

Something Extra:

Something Extra 2:

Something Extra 3:

General Skills:

Hanafuda:

Shikai:
Abilities:

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 09:13 AM
Heya HirokatsuGoto,

Yaago is actually being summoned before the Primera, would your character respond? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11016525&postcount=1342)

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 09:34 AM
like i said earlier..i am planning on posting today at some point. I am at work, so it has to fit in with my breaks.

Heya HirokatsuGoto,

Yaago is actually being summoned before the Primera, would your character respond? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11016525&postcount=1342)

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 09:44 AM
like i said earlier..i am planning on posting today at some point. I am at work, so it has to fit in with my breaks.

No worries, take your time. I'm about to hit the sack soon.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 10:00 AM

Seconded by me, and while we're at it, if you try to make Takeshi into a Vizard, I'll pimp-slap you so hard you'll be able to taste your food a month before it reaches your mouth.

But if you want to just give him a creepy mask he can summon at will to play pretend Vizard, be my guest.

I WOULD be slight more accepting of his list of accomplishments if he used nearly all the strength of his fellow defectors to pull it off, but that's not mentioned anywhere.

EDIT: Kaki is on my personally approved list. Hope to see her in the near future!

Also, Kazuma would like to exchange tea recipes.

Ammutseba
2011-05-20, 10:08 AM
Sorry for the abrupt change of subject again, but what is the prevailing opinion on bakkōtō, here?

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the abrupt change of subject again, but what is the prevailing opinion on bakkōtō, here?

Its not canon, and we're not exactly really canon here either. I guess you're good to go?

The only thing about this weapon is that it cannot come from that Noble family, as it does not exist. You can feel free to come up even with a totally new sort of origin for these strange weapons if you want. I think that would be interesting.

Draken
2011-05-20, 10:44 AM
Sure. :smallbiggrin: House Warming Party?

By the way Draken, how long would it roughly take for all the construction and refurbishing work to be completed?

A very long time to fix the whole sector, maybe a whole year. But the royal engineers could have the two square miles closest to the center of the city done in four days, more or less.

岡地 佳紀 Okaji Kaki

Background:

Something Extra:

Something Extra 2:

Something Extra 3:

General Skills:

Hanafuda:

Shikai:
Abilities:

Kaki is good in my book.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 10:45 AM
Anyone mind filling me in on what a bakkoutou is supposed to be? (From the name I'm guessing it's a sword of some sort, but that tells me next to nothing.)

Draken
2011-05-20, 10:46 AM
Anyone mind filling me in on what a bakkoutou is supposed to be? (From the name I'm guessing it's a sword of some sort, but that tells me next to nothing.)

It's kind of a symbiote/parasite sword. Here is an article on them. (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Bakk%C5%8Dt%C5%8D)

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 10:58 AM
Kaki looks fine to me as well, very creative skillset I must say. :smallsmile:

And Alice would like to join in on that exchange of tea recipes, even if they would try to hunt her down. Tea has first priority. :smalltongue:

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 11:00 AM
A very long time to fix the whole sector, maybe a whole year. But the royal engineers could have the two square miles closest to the center of the city done in four days, more or less.

2 square miles? The tower would be in great progress then.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 11:05 AM
It's amazing what you can do to a city when you can have it behave like a Zerg colony.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 11:22 AM
It's amazing what you can do to a city when you can have it behave like a Zerg colony.

Precisely, although the smell and constant state of slick-moistness of the floor and walls need to be improved upon.

Draken
2011-05-20, 11:28 AM
Nudge it right and it can produce all the right musks and halucinogenic spores for your tastes.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 11:30 AM
Nudge it right and it can produce all the right musks and halucinogenic spores for your tastes.

That's better. Always preferable to a place filled with bird poop. Hollow bird poop.

riccaru
2011-05-20, 11:47 AM
In case anyone's wondering (KD) Yes, she's a pathological liar. Doesn't mean they won't at least look into her accusations. They'll find them completely false though, due to Yoshi's recording devices and multiple eye witnesses.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 12:13 PM
On a totally unrelated note:

Does anyone have a compilation of videoclips from Burn Notice where Michael gives his "spy insights"? You know, when he starts narrating seemingly out of character things like "Creating a mock top-secret facility is a lot about setting the ambiance. You want to keep your prisoner disoriented and thinking he could be absolutely anywhere. A large container off in the boondocks may be suitable for getting no noise getting in, but it also tells your prisoner that the facilities you're using are temporary at best."

strawberryman
2011-05-20, 12:18 PM

Does anyone have a compilation of videoclips from Burn Notice where Michael gives his "spy insights"? You know, when he starts narrating seemingly out of character things like "Creating a mock top-secret facility is a lot about setting the ambiance. You want to keep your prisoner disoriented and thinking he could be absolutely anywhere. A large container off in the boondocks may be suitable for getting no noise getting in, but it also tells your prisoner that the facilities you're using are temporary at best."

I love that show.

And yet somehow, I always end up missing it halfway through every season.

riccaru
2011-05-20, 12:21 PM

That's a lot of footage:smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 12:22 PM
That's a lot of footage:smalltongue:

Angelina Jolie is far much more of a woman than I can handle.

Doesn't make me want her less.

Shades of Gray
2011-05-20, 12:45 PM
Tl;dr-I did in fact account for time passing. I didn't god mod. Do the research before you accuse me of anything because honestly I'd hope you'd know me better than that. So I reserve the right to tell you to calm the bloody heck down.

And yet you are the one using bolded, red, underlined text. Frozen's post was rather civil in comparison.

Ammutseba
2011-05-20, 01:19 PM
I propose a motion to collectively drop the subject and move on to something else.

riccaru
2011-05-20, 01:24 PM
I propose a motion to collectively drop the subject and move on to something else.

I second the motion. All in favor?:smallbiggrin:

Edge
2011-05-20, 01:30 PM
Aye.

In other news, with the disappearance of Steilos, I am currently the only member of the 7th Division active. Currently, the Division doesn't even have a Vice-Captain, just me (the Captain) and the Steilos' 3rd Seat. So, I am officially having a recruitment drive for the 7th.

I mean, who doesn't want to blow up (certain) buildings as part of their job?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-20, 01:31 PM
Nay. Even if the timeline thing isn't the level of issue originally thought, the Vizard mask is still a legitimate concern.

Also, it is a truly sad day. The Macho Man Randy Savage is dead.:smallfrown::smallfrown:

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 01:35 PM
four characters down...2 to go...might have to wait til tomorrow for Hirokatsu...his is gonna be long...hopefully i can get Taro done today

Edge:
i see you mentioned the 9th helping with finding more SekiSeki. Once i post as Hirokatsu, feel free to stop by the Division IC and talk with him about it. I am sure we have some people who could help.

One of the things i will talk about in the post for Hirokatsu will be ramping up Recon in the Rukongai in light of the invasion and Kido defections.

So we will have people out and about if you tell us how to find Sekiseki safely.

Just an idea

riccaru
2011-05-20, 01:36 PM
Aye.

In other news, with the disappearance of Steilos, I am currently the only member of the 7th Division active. Currently, the Division doesn't even have a Vice-Captain, just me (the Captain) and the Steilos' 3rd Seat. So, I am officially having a recruitment drive for the 7th.

"Can I apply?" She's had practice you know.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 01:40 PM
Aye.

well..i only have a 10th seat and Kasanip is making a 4th seat...i have a 3rd seat who is not able to post as such...and a 19th seat whom i havent heard from either... anyways...

recruitment all over the place I think!

Maybe we should all be more active in helping fill out other divisions, make multiple characters of lower seats, just so we have live bodies so no one gets too bored. simple low level characters shouldnt be too hard to create, and inner divisional RP is always fun.

I currently am in 3 divisions, but i guess i could make a few more minor characters for other division in need if it was desired.

Simple history background and Shikai or no Shikai, and when/if people start joining up where this is an issue they can "retire" or die, or whatever to make room.

it just makes me sad to see divisions empty and people not able to RP within them...i know it would make all of post more, but if we try to keep it simple, maybe it can be a good thing for all of us.

Edge
2011-05-20, 01:41 PM
"Can I apply?" She's had practice you know.

Sorry, a bit out of the loop due to my absence? Who is 'she'? I'd rather have new characters than steal them from other Divisions.

@HirokatsuGoto: It's going to be tedious more than dangerous. It's a matter of finding tell-tale signs in the landscape. I just figured the 9th would have applicable skills to aid in that.

On which note, I realise I may have to read up about prospecting.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 01:43 PM
Sorry, a bit out of the loop due to my absence? Who is 'she'? I'd rather have new characters than steal them from other Divisions.

@HirokatsuGoto: It's going to be tedious more than dangerous. It's a matter of finding tell-tale signs in the landscape. I just figured the 9th would have applicable skills to aid in that.

Well as the division is made now...we definitely are the cartographers for the mission...come by IC after i post as Hirokatsu and I will gladly give you some NPC's to aid.

Edge
2011-05-20, 01:47 PM
Well as the division is made now...we definitely are the cartographers for the mission...come by IC after i post as Hirokatsu and I will gladly give you some NPC's to aid.

Yeah, that'll happen tomorrow (in-game). There's a plot Emet's going to need to put an appearance in.

riccaru
2011-05-20, 01:47 PM

Suzume Kimi. Resident psychopath and the person who single handedly destroyed most of two divisions and is now currently held in tenth division awaiting execution. It was a rather sarcastic idea:smalltongue:

Edge
2011-05-20, 01:50 PM
Suzume Kimi. Resident psychopath and the person who single handedly destroyed most of two divisions and is now currently held in tenth division awaiting execution. It was a rather sarcastic idea:smalltongue:

Ah, gotcha.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 01:50 PM

Sorry, we can't.

Frankly, I'm fully expecting Takeshi's little Vizard initiative to fail horribly due to placebo effect.

Ammutseba
2011-05-20, 02:24 PM
Then I amend the motion to drop the hostility and passive-aggression in lieu of the subject itself.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 02:42 PM
Then I amend the motion to drop the hostility and passive-aggression in lieu of the subject itself.

Works for me. Frankly, the pointing of fingers doesn't help. Though it's difficult to get this specific message across without some degree of bluntness.

Ammutseba
2011-05-20, 02:46 PM
So hey, Kuroi. What's your opinion on bakkoto?

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 03:13 PM
So hey, Kuroi. What's your opinion on bakkoto?

It's essentially a timer to your character's untimely demise. You wanna use it, go ahead.

Don't think Soul Society would allow them, though, on account of the side-effects. They've got nutjobs coming out of their ears as it is...

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-20, 03:16 PM
does anyone else feel like we have too many big plots going on? or is it just me?

i know we want this to be free-form and all, but i can barely keep all of this stuff straight.

could we come to a conclusion on some of these? or am i just too dumb to realize we have?

maybe whoever is the person instigating the major plots can come forward and tell us where each are heading or what is going on, or what is needed for it to move forward or something

the wiki is great and all, and the story so far helps...but if was just joining, i would have NO idea what is going on, nor how to join in

crap i am not new, and i barely have an idea how to get involved without being ignored

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness!

That timeline helped me to remember an important plot I forgot about. I do have to continue the plot of Kyasarin training Amagatsu.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 03:32 PM
Oh my goodness!

That timeline helped me to remember an important plot I forgot about. I do have to continue the plot of Kyasarin training Amagatsu.

Indeed. I've been keeping the guy strictly on a no-long-distance-shunpo rule since. Partially due to his current training method.

Actually Goto, the only REAL major plot going on right now is Takeshi's defection. The rest are either loose ends from previous plots or mini-plots of specific characters.

On the mortal world, the kidnapping plot is about to get started (and a little later down the line, the Samsara arc) but we're not quite there just yet.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 03:33 PM
Indeed. I've been keeping the guy strictly on a no-long-distance-shunpo rule since. Partially due to his current training method.

Actually Goto, the only REAL major plot going on right now is Takeshi's defection. The rest are either loose ends from previous plots or mini-plots of specific characters.

On the mortal world, the kidnapping plot is about to get started (and a little later down the line, the Samsara arc) but we're not quite there just yet.

Sorry about that...
Well, at least I'm here now.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 03:44 PM
Happens to the best of us, Shiro.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 03:45 PM
Happens to the best of us, Shiro.

I know. :smallbiggrin:

I'll get to work on it right now. Have a post up soon hopefully.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 04:15 PM
Perhaps the plus side of it was that as long as she could reliably justify a given exercise, she could just tell Kazuma to do it fifty thousand times... and he'd do it. Without stopping or complaining.

Man was kinda like an energizer bunny that way.

I uh... don't see the IC part of this...

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 04:20 PM
I uh... don't see the IC part of this...

She hasn't tried it yet.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 04:27 PM
She hasn't tried it yet.

No I mean the fact that you posted an OOC post in the IC thread. Something that, yes, I realize I have troubles with.

Draken
2011-05-20, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah. On bakkotos. I would rather keep them out since Von Geister is, in fact, dealing in symbiotes.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 06:39 PM
No I mean the fact that you posted an OOC post in the IC thread. Something that, yes, I realize I have troubles with.

Actually, that IS an IC post. It just happens to be one devoid of action on Kazuma's part.

I can have him coincidentally run into her if you want.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 06:41 PM
Actually, that IS an IC post. It just happens to be one devoid of action on Kazuma's part.

I can have him coincidentally run into her if you want.

... I am confused now...

But yes, that would be nice.:smallsmile:

strawberryman
2011-05-20, 07:40 PM
We have at least two Vizard in game, and were around since the very start. Can someone give me one reason why it's actually unacceptable for Takeshi to take time and effort in game to actually go after something he's been going after since Episode 2? You know, like a whole year ago?

Because he's already a captain-level foe.

Because he just summoned an explosion that could be seen from Hawaii.

Because he's got who knows how much else lethal kido knowledge.

Because we agreed that even if the Hogyoku were, as it first seemed, a method of breaking the divide between Hollow and Shinigami, it would still be ridiculously broken, and circumventing that with an artificial, "guaranteed" method is pretty much just making the whole trouble of it being a non-factor sealed away in space irrelevant.

Anyone else?

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 07:47 PM
I wasn't going to make him an artifical Vizard. But honestly at this point, ya I'll drop it.

You don't have to drop it entirely. You could still try to tap the Hollows for something. And perhaps Takeshi is the only person who managed to turn himself into a Vizard, while everyone else has dramatically less success.

I think its because having potentially 108 functioning Vizards would scare the bejeezus out of everyone heh. One or two I think I'll be cool with that.

Draken
2011-05-20, 07:52 PM
You don't have to drop it entirely. You could still try to tap the Hollows for something. And perhaps Takeshi is the only person who managed to turn himself into a Vizard, while everyone else has dramatically less success.

I think its because having potentially 108 functioning Vizards would scare the bejeezus out of everyone heh. One or two I think I'll be cool with that.

It is noteworthy that with hollowfication of shinigami, anything short of success is death.

Sucrose
2011-05-20, 07:57 PM
Innis Cabal, you can think whatever you wish of what the other posters brought up against you, for the most part. However, they are not being passive-aggressive. They are stating their criticisms quite overtly. You, on the other hand, have been 'sweetening' bitter recriminations with smilies that fairly clearly don't fit the mood of your text.

This rhetorical device is decidedly closer to passive-aggression than FF's and Kuroimaken's statements.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 08:07 PM
Come guys, let's chill alright? Beer round the house on the house! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yc7DBTbCkQ&feature=related)

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 08:07 PM
Innis Cabal, you can think whatever you wish of what the other posters brought up against you, for the most part. However, they are not being passive-aggressive. They are stating their criticisms quite overtly. You, on the other hand, have been 'sweetening' bitter recriminations with smilies that fairly clearly don't fit the mood of your text.

This rhetorical device is decidedly closer to passive-aggression than FF's and Kuroimaken's statements.

Or possibly he just means to show that he means no harm? That's why I use so many smilies, it's difficult to convey the mood of a message across the Internet. :smallsmile:

Also potentionally a way to lure everybody into a false sense of security, but that is probably what Takeshi'd be doing and not Innis.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 08:13 PM
Oh dear... That's not good.

Sucrose
2011-05-20, 08:15 PM
Oh, I'm at 0 Kelvin, Nicklance. Merely pointing out flaws in Innis Cabal's rhetorical strategy.

Keveak, he clearly did mean harm, given that he stated that he wishes to reflect what he perceives as harmful intent directed at him.

It is unfortunate that you are leaving, Innis Cabal. The Takeshi plot was a bit of new life for several posters here. Also, were you to stick around, I would be able to argue with you some more, perhaps point out that Frozen Feet hasn't even posted since your rebuttal, so you can't know how he would react to it. C'est la vie.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 08:16 PM
But... But... I just got here, and now Innis leaves? :smallfrown:

Terry576
2011-05-20, 08:25 PM
For the record, Karite's Vizardness was argued for at least three OOC threads.

And he's still got a power limiter. This says something about why Innis' foreshadowing a turncoat Captain becoming a Vizard was shot down in about three minutes.

Sucrose
2011-05-20, 08:26 PM
But... But... I just got here, and now Innis leaves? :smallfrown:

Should he stick to his guns, it would seem so. I'm sorry for your loss of RPing time with his characters, Keveak.

strawberryman
2011-05-20, 08:32 PM
I did nothing but answer the question posed with criticisms that we've held up since the beginning of the game. The narrative is important, but so is fair balance. I don't see how anyone has been throwing around insults, name-calling, or passive-aggressive BS, but damn right I'm going to be critical of everything when it deems fit.

I'm not going to roll over, just like Innis said he won't, and anyone else for that matter. I am not against any ideas, but I am critical of all of them, and that's the kind of heat that is needed to forge a good RP.

It might seem a bit tense in here at times but if we're all willing to work together and make sacrifices where necessary (that is the whole point of balancing) then ultimately it won't matter.

I hope this isn't distressing or offputting, Keveak, or anyone else for that matter but I don't see how anything I've or the handful of critics have done that should be so offensive. I have been as reasonable as I possibly can.

Sucrose
2011-05-20, 08:37 PM
Thank you for the kind wishes, and explaining what you feel to be issues with the game, Innis. Not so appreciative of your doomsday predictions, but I suppose I must take the good with the bad. I hope that you are able to find enjoyment in whatever RPs you feel more welcomed in.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 08:53 PM
*sigh*

Look Innis. While I may not be fond of how you did what you did, the fact is you still moved the game. Heck, we've had several new arrivals with the stirring up you did. That's the good part.

However, you are, as of right now, acting like an absolute child. "I can't get what I want so I'm going to leave". That's pretty much what you're saying, right there. You might as well add "you can keep your stupid game, I didn't even wanna play anyway, and I hope it sucks". :smallmad:

You were coming back fully aware that there's a number of people who don't exactly have high opinions of you. That you would be subject to scrutiny just like everyone else. Your idea of compromise so far has been almost literally my way or no way.

YOU are letting down people who came on board to play with you. YOU are going all righteous and up in our faces. YOU have overreacted - tremendously so - when we have noted that your character's actions have been outside the scope of what he should be able to do.

And YOU are desperately trying to get the last word in on this.

I'm not going to stand for it.

If you want to leave, leave. But we're not letting this plot die just because of you. Effective as soon as you wave your final goodbyes, I'll be designating another player to take on the role of Kitano Takeshi. And it's going to be a far different thing than you've set up so far.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 08:56 PM
To all our most recent players, I'm terribly sorry you've had to weather this unpleasantness.

I'll be personally working so that future experiences in this game turn out to be more enjoyable.

Thank you for your understanding. m(_ _)m

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 09:11 PM
I made my apolgese to those I let down, and am fully aware of it. But you only further impact my desire by further name calling and insults. As for someone picking up Takeshi...I'll finish up the loose ends before I actually stop posting here.

Dude what the heck is with the seppuku? Come on, man, at least let someone take over please? Its just...unbelievable to just cut off the plot like this and leave everyone in a lurch.

Draken
2011-05-20, 09:12 PM
Dude what the heck is with the seppuku? Come on, man, at least let someone take over please? Its just...unbelievable to just cut off the plot like this and leave everyone in a lurch.

You could just get one of the many rebelious members of the corps to take up the mantle.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 09:15 PM
Or we could simply retcon as much.

Frankly, Takeshi as a character has plenty of potential. The character is, in fact, interesting enough that Innis' final post can be safely ignored.

He has chosen his path, we choose ours.

Fortunately, it's not he who decides where our narrative will ultimately end. We are.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 09:17 PM
You could just get one of the many rebelious members of the corps to take up the mantle.

Kitano Takeshi offing himself is as weird as Kutner suddenly killing himself just because the actor is quitting the job to work in the Obama administration.

Tell you what. Can we kinda just ignore that post and get someone to run Takeshi? My apologies Innis but doing that isn't very nice, especially when there's so many other characters directly tied into your scenario.

Maybe I can volunteer to run Takeshi, but doing that means the confrontation between Aya and Takeshi later just makes it look like I'm playing with myself *shudders*.

Draken
2011-05-20, 09:19 PM
I was thinking of having it be the work of a Division 2-12 Techninja but a retcon works too.

Viera Champion
2011-05-20, 09:19 PM
Or we could simply retcon as much.

Frankly, Takeshi as a character has plenty of potential. The character is, in fact, interesting enough that Innis' final post can be safely ignored.

He has chosen his path, we choose ours.

Fortunately, it's not he who decides where our narrative will ultimately end. We are.

And yet announcing such a thing right now, very blatantly, while Innis is still around will of course only serve to make things worse, as now it seems as though none of us care about him which clearly isn't true.

An ounce of respect should be at least used to save proposing this until after Innis is gone.

I am very carefully trying not to pick sides here, so don't think I am. Just like... stop fighting. It's making it ucomfortabkmle for everyone.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 09:21 PM
Kitano Takeshi offing himself is as weird as Kutner suddenly killing himself just because the actor is quitting the job to work in the Obama administration.

Tell you what. Can we kinda just ignore that post and get someone to run Takeshi? My apologies Innis but doing that isn't very nice, especially when there's so many other characters directly tied into your scenario.

Maybe I can volunteer to run Takeshi, but doing that means the confrontation between Aya and Takeshi later just makes it look like I'm playing with myself *shudders*.

It's what I had in mind all along.

I'm currently evaluating the options for this role. Right now I'm torn between Strawberryman and Draken for the role.

I would rather you don't have to write the confrontation by yourself.

Here's a thought. Shall we put it to a vote?

Who do you guys think would be best to take up Takeshi?

I would abstain from candidacy. I have my own dastardly shenanigans to perpetrate when his inevitable defeat comes to pass.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 09:23 PM
And yet announcing such a thing right now, very blatantly, while Innis is still around will of course only serve to make things worse, as now it seems as though none of us care about him which clearly isn't true.

An ounce of respect should be at least used to save proposing this until after Innis is gone.

I am very carefully trying not to pick sides here, so don't think I am. Just like... stop fighting. It's making it ucomfortabkmle for everyone.

I understand the sentiment, Lil' Shiro. However, the plot is in full swing here. This is something we should solve sooner rather than later.

Honestly, for me, the fight is over.

Zarah
2011-05-20, 09:27 PM
Bleach in the Playground.

Serious ****ing business. Seriously, I saw all that coming from a mile away.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 09:28 PM
And while you're still lingering, Zarah, I love your comic.

Nicklance
2011-05-20, 09:28 PM
Innis

I must apologize for seeming to be so callous in wanting to 'muscle' in on your character and ignoring that 'suicide' post. Its not nice to do that, but I admit I think this time my feelings acted faster than my rationality.

I joined this game because you are so fun and accommodating for my character, and together we have taken a plot that you had dropped in way earlier, fitted my character into this, brought Kuro's other character in as well and we had a really wonderfully wild time. The RP is really excellent and everything seems to slide into place perfectly without much prior agreement at all.

But its sad to just see this end. So yeah, like Aya, I think I want to volunteer, or throw in my candidacy, to take over Takeshii's actions for a little while, perhaps until the entire plot finishes. Its just too good to let up, and its really really fun.

So hopefully with your auspices and permission, we could at least try to salvage this situation and carry on. And hopefully the next time round you decide to come back, we can have fun again.

Anyway I've gotta go bring my mum for a belated Mother's Day lunch.

@Kuro, I'm tossing in my candidacy.

Apologies to Innis for treating this whole thing as if you're dead and we're talking about how to divide your loot amongst us. Personally I just want to carry the scenario on, or else Aya would lose a huge primary reason to stick around. Its kinda like a domino effect already, and I guess its a sign of how well you've pulled this feat of storytelling off. :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2011-05-20, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Nicklance;11034951]Innis

I must apologize for seeming to be so callous in wanting to 'muscle' in on your character and ignoring that 'suicide' post. Its not nice to do that, but I admit I think this time my feelings acted faster than my rationality.

I joined this game because you are so fun and accommodating for my character, and together we have taken a plot that you had dropped in way earlier, fitted my character into this, brought Kuro's other character in as well and we had a really wonderfully wild time. The RP is really excellent and everything seems to slide into place perfectly without much prior agreement at all.

But its sad to just see this end. So yeah, like Aya, I think I want to volunteer, or throw in my candidacy, to take over Takeshii's actions for a little while, perhaps until the entire plot finishes. Its just too good to let up, and its really really fun.

So hopefully with your auspices and permission, we could at least try to salvage this situation and carry on. And hopefully the next time round you decide to come back, we can have fun again.

Anyway I've gotta go bring my mum for a belated Mother's Day lunch.

@Kuro, I'm tossing in my candidacy.

Apologies to Innis for treating this whole thing as if you're dead and we're talking about how to divide your loot amongst us. Personally I just want to carry the scenario on, or else Aya would lose a huge primary reason to stick around. Its kinda like a domino effect already, and I guess its a sign of how well you've pulled this feat of storytelling off. :smallbiggrin:

Didn't give it last time. Don't give it this time. I've removed more or less the whole plot so it can be forgotten and ya'll can do what you were doing before. Hope you figure something out to do with Aya.

strawberryman
2011-05-20, 09:45 PM
Right now I'm torn between Strawberryman and Draken for the role.

Well I am already running a major villain, but I'm not entirely opposed to it if no one else is.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 09:51 PM
We don't need to HURRY per se, we should just make sure this doesn't hang in the air too long.

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-20, 09:55 PM
Frozen: Just a note before a potential ret-con is in order: As far as I am aware, the Commander-General has no/limited say in regards to the trial related to Yuuta's forbidden kido use. To the best of my knowledge, both the 13 and the Corps are two different Hollow fighting organizations under the authority of Central 46.

I had assumed everything up to this point has been a natural progression from his original trespassing offense to the potential threat of working for the the former KC. So, unless my admittedly spotty memory fails me, even if the matter of forbidden kido use may chap the CC's (and perhaps the CC's VC's) backsides, all they can do is wait on C46 to make a ruling once the perp (i.e. Yuuta) has been put into holding.

If my assumptions are mistaken, or not, let me know and I'll resume the scene better informed.

Draken
2011-05-20, 09:59 PM
See berry's answer for that. I would give the job to Nicklance.

Btw Nick, Cuerva can still relly on a good portion of the Old Palacio Uno for her business. While it is now connected to the Palacio Real it is still Palacio Uno and hers.

The Ciudad baja also offers a lot in terms of formation and training grounds.

Terry576
2011-05-20, 10:21 PM
I um

I kinda wanna play Takeshi. I haven't gotten my villain kick running for a good long time, and I feel like playing around with the borderline schizophrenic would help me get back into shape.

Innis, stop being a child. You're cutting off plots we find interesting, and you did it in a childish way.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-20, 10:49 PM
I um

I kinda wanna play Takeshi. I haven't gotten my villain kick running for a good long time, and I feel like playing around with the borderline schizophrenic would help me get back into shape.

Innis, stop being a child. You're cutting off plots we find interesting, and you did it in a childish way.

Terry, just let sleeping dogs lie. What's said is said, what's done is done; we'll bury the hatchet and move on.

If you'd like to take over the mantle, you have my vote.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 12:26 AM
Hm. Nick, Terry, perhaps you two could collaborate? Considering the nature of things, after all. Terry could definitely help so that scenes with Aya aren't Nick having to double post, or make humongous posts that are both Aya and Takeshi. Imperfect, but a possible solution nonetheless.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 12:32 AM
Everyone have their 3D glasses on? Wouldn't want to miss the big event today. First showing starts in 28 minutes!:smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 12:43 AM
Everyone have their 3D glasses on? Wouldn't want to miss the big event today. First showing starts in 28 minutes!:smalltongue:....Huh?:smallconfused:

strawberryman
2011-05-21, 12:45 AM
Hm. Nick, Terry, perhaps you two could collaborate? Considering the nature of things, after all. Terry could definitely help so that scenes with Aya aren't Nick having to double post, or make humongous posts that are both Aya and Takeshi. Imperfect, but a possible solution nonetheless.

This actually sounds like a good idea, and I'd endorse it.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 12:46 AM
....Huh?:smallconfused:

At 6 PM May 21, 2011 the world is supposed to end. In 14 minutes is when Fiji will be at 6 PM May 21, 2011. The first country to be at that specific time.

So maybe sunglasses are more appropriate.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 12:50 AM
At 6 PM May 21, 2011 the world is supposed to end. In 14 minutes is when Fiji will be at 6 PM May 21, 2011. The first country to be at that specific time.

So maybe sunglasses are more appropriate.Oh. That. Meh. Heard about it. Don't think that's when the world ends. :smallwink:

Terry576
2011-05-21, 12:52 AM

Alrighty then.

I'll go respond to Keveak so that poor Alice isn't left hanging. Gimme a sec to read Takeshi's pro-

Innis deleted Takeshi's profile. So give me a few minutes to rip it from the wiki.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 12:56 AM
Oh. That. Meh. Heard about it. Don't think that's when the world ends. :smallwink:

The old guy says it's 5 months after this.

Alrighty then.

I'll go respond to Keveak so that poor Alice isn't left hanging. Gimme a sec to read Takeshi's pro-

Innis deleted Takeshi's profile. So give me a few minutes to rip it from the wiki.

Was i ever even on the Wiki? And if it was, after the "scrub" he did, would he leave it there?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 12:58 AM
The old guy says it's 5 months after this. I tend to stick to the idea that no man (or woman) knows the Year, Month, Day, Hour, or Minute, and leave it at that. :smallwink:

Was i ever even on the Wiki? And if it was, after the "scrub" he did, would he leave it there?There's enough there. I was gonna grab it, but Terry's got it covered.

Terry576
2011-05-21, 01:01 AM
Alright, think I got Takeshi's profile.

Anything I may have missed?

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 01:01 AM
This place is confusing now. I can't find some of the posts that are being quoted. Can someone explain to me what happened while I was sleeping? From about 8 hours ago... on?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 01:08 AM
This place is confusing now. I can't find some of the posts that are being quoted. Can someone explain to me what happened while I was sleeping? From about 8 hours ago... on?In brief and in general, there was some debate over potential power-ups Takeshi was investigating. Disagreement occurred, and Takeshi's original player has decided to leave the game; posts are missing due to (apparent) voluntary deletion on the poster's part. We are currently working on keeping the overall Kido Corps Defection plot going, albeit with Terry and Nick in the lead.

Beyond that, we've had some small plot movements here and there in the various threads.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 01:33 AM
For the record, Karite's Vizardness was argued for at least three OOC threads.

And he's still got a power limiter. This says something about why Innis' foreshadowing a turncoat Captain becoming a Vizard was shot down in about three minutes.

Hannibal. And Karite only has it now. There's been no talk of it being permanent.

I did nothing but answer the question posed with criticisms that we've held up since the beginning of the game. The narrative is important, but so is fair balance. I don't see how anyone has been throwing around insults, name-calling, or passive-aggressive BS, but damn right I'm going to be critical of everything when it deems fit.

I'm not going to roll over, just like Innis said he won't, and anyone else for that matter. I am not against any ideas, but I am critical of all of them, and that's the kind of heat that is needed to forge a good RP.

It might seem a bit tense in here at times but if we're all willing to work together and make sacrifices where necessary (that is the whole point of balancing) then ultimately it won't matter.

I hope this isn't distressing or offputting, Keveak, or anyone else for that matter but I don't see how anything I've or the handful of critics have done that should be so offensive. I have been as reasonable as I possibly can.

If balance was such an issue when did it become a good idea to let two more Commander-teir characters float around?

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 01:33 AM
What do you mean by his original player?

Not that it's being played by somebody else, I hope? That seems amazingly disrespectful.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 01:37 AM
What do you mean by his original player?

Not that it's being played by somebody else, I hope? That seems amazingly disrespectful.The original player abandoned the character mid-stream, in the middle of a plot that involved multiple other players. It's an awkward situation, but frankly, to not completely derail the character arcs of several other people, we're keeping the plot going. It's not perfect, but it's where we are.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 01:44 AM
The original player abandoned the character mid-stream, in the middle of a plot that involved multiple other players. It's an awkward situation, but frankly, to not completely derail the character arcs of several other people, we're keeping the plot going. It's not perfect, but it's where we are.

There are ways to do that without doing what seems like stealing another person's intellectual property, though, aren't there?

Lead characters for storylines are often killed off abruptly. The plot usually takes a different turn, or an underlying plot is revealed. There's even a term for it, in some circles. It's called being "Jossed."

I feel pretty shaky about the prospect of joining a game, when I know the other players may just ignore me and my wishes, and take the things I worked hard to write and accomplish for themselves, if I should ever decide to take a hiatus from the game on less than stellar terms.

Terry576
2011-05-21, 01:51 AM
There are ways to do that without doing what seems like stealing another person's intellectual property, though, aren't there?

Lead characters for storylines are often killed off abruptly. The plot usually takes a different turn, or an underlying plot is revealed. There's even a term for it, in some circles. It's called being "Jossed."

I feel pretty shaky about the prospect of joining a game, when I know the other players may just ignore me and my wishes, and take the things I worked hard to write and accomplish for themselves, if I should ever decide to take a hiatus from the game on less than stellar terms.

He deleted several posts, and his last post for that character was:

"Takeshi commits seppuku. End of Kido Corps Revolt Plot."

That is not Jossing. That isn't even Dropped A Bridge On Him. There isn't a word for that at all.

Besides, he left before on less than stellar terms, and we were fine with it, and asked to NPC, and when he refused, we complied.

This is a completely different situation.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 02:00 AM
See berry's answer for that. I would give the job to Nicklance.

Btw Nick, Cuerva can still relly on a good portion of the Old Palacio Uno for her business. While it is now connected to the Palacio Real it is still Palacio Uno and hers.

The Ciudad baja also offers a lot in terms of formation and training grounds.

Alrighty, cool. In fact this is fun. Imagine the Cuerva going about her business while wearing a yellow construction hat! So cute :smallbiggrin:

I um

That is not Jossing. That isn't even Dropped A Bridge On Him. There isn't a word for that at all.

Besides, he left before on less than stellar terms, and we were fine with it, and asked to NPC, and when he refused, we complied.

While I do not mind a collaboration, I've received word from Innis that I have sole permission to run Takeshi.

But when it comes to parts with Takeshi and Aya, I'll rely on Draken or someone else who wishes to volunteer to run those parts to avoid awkwardness.

How's that sound?

riccaru
2011-05-21, 02:08 AM

It's still blatantly ignoring the writers' wishes. If Tite Kubo stopped writing BLEACH and asked that all things related to it were no longer used, would we ignore that as well for he sake of the story?

You can say it's different but it's not. We're continuing a story that was left by it's own writer in order to further our own goals. If you're so eager to speak against him, then surely you should be able to bring just as much to the story without ripping from his work. I'd take a look at the number of people who have left with or without explanations, and the number of people who came back at least seemingly directly because of Innis. You're so eager to say that he's detracting from what seems to be your story that you forget that you've also been trying to get people to join.

I can guarantee the way to get a larger number of participants is not to tell them what they can't do. If you ask me the same thing happened with Boo and Himura Michiko. Poor Frozen's going to be half the cast soon, and he's pointed out that he's not enjoying all the extra workload. You've been blatantly disregarding the wishes of the writers and plot makers in your effort to "better the story".

This is all I have to say. Not pointing fingers or trying to make anyone feel bad about their actions. It's a wake up call.

Edit: And there is a word for that, or rather two: Fed up.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 02:15 AM

I disagree completely. It looks like this situation is being approached from an entrenched perspective. What happened here is that a long-term player left the game while angry, and made a very succinct post to illustrate his point. You may not agree with his wishes, but they're still his own, and the work that he put into his character is the same.

Rather than ignore him, has someone considered talking to Innis and asking him if he'll edit his post so that when his character dies, there's something more to it? He may have made a final decision to leave, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to have a grumpy attitude about it. I've had the opportunity to speak with several players from this particular game, and it seems to me like they're all writers of at least competent quality, so handling an issue like this should be a cake walk for anyone involved.

I just have to stress that this probably isn't a good idea. I've personally taken this sort of course of action with players and their characters three times in the last eleven years, and it has come back to bite me and everyone involved in one fashion or another, every time. I've also gone the other way, though, and that time it turned out to be one of the best and most successful writing experiences I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. I propose a motion that a better option or avenue be explored.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 02:17 AM
I disagree completely. It looks like this situation is being approached from an entrenched perspective. What happened here is that a long-term player left the game while angry, and made a very succinct post to illustrate his point. You may not agree with his wishes, but they're still his own, and the work that he put into his character is the same.

Rather than ignore him, has someone considered talking to Innis and asking him if he'll edit his post so that when his character dies, there's something more to it? He may have made a final decision to leave, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to have a grumpy attitude about it. I've had the opportunity to speak with several players from this particular game, and it seems to me like they're all writers of at least competent quality, so handling an issue like should be a cake walk for anyone involved.

I just have to stress that this probably isn't a good idea. I've personally taken this sort of course of action with players and their characters three times in the last eleven years, and it has come back to bite me and everyone involved in one fashion or another, every time. I've also gone the other way, though, and that time it turned out to be one of the best and most successful writing experiences I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. I propose a motion that a better option or avenue be explored.

*tears up* Someone might think I'm competent!:smalltongue:

Also, very well stated. The force is strong in this one.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 02:21 AM
Pardon my impetuousness, but I have followed Innis' permission of running his character and carrying on with a small bit of post to keep his side of the plot moving.

Hopefully I can live up to the high hopes of everyone :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2011-05-21, 02:27 AM
Okay, in light of this event, allow me to propose a draft of a new rule.

Should there be a heated disagreement of any kind about a character, all involved parties should postpone discussing the matter until a day after the heated disagreement started. That way, it allows both parties enough time to take a step back, think from a rational standpoint, and then come back to the discussion with a clear head.

Sound good?

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 02:35 AM
Okay, in light of this event, allow me to propose a draft of a new rule.

Should there be a heated disagreement of any kind about a character, all involved parties should postpone discussing the matter until a day after the heated disagreement started. That way, it allows both parties enough time to take a step back, think from a rational standpoint, and then come back to the discussion with a clear head.

Sound good?

As with communism, your proposal looks good. On paper. In practice, doing what you've suggested doesn't usually turn out much better than what just happened, anyway. It often helps more to find a neutral or even-keeled party to moderate the event and handle it as it comes.

This happens because very few people have the ability to be perfectly rational when they feel they've been slighted or wronged, even months or years after the event. I know I sure don't, and I've often been the moderator for these kinds of things. Sorry :smallfrown:

riccaru
2011-05-21, 02:36 AM
A wonderful idea, newly formed.

Innis changes his last post so that Takshi completely goes off the radar, using a garganta to go who knows where. This allows a character created by Nicklance to take the place as the new Kido fugitive leader, and also allows Aya some interesting character openings as well.

Terry as well could make a character to co-lead with Nick, and we no longer have to offend anyone's sense of ownership or have Innis leave on such bad terms. I believe this to be a better idea all around than giving control of Takeshi to someone (really no offense, Nicklance) who isn't as finely in touch with him as a character. Innis clearly has a sense of ownership for the little guy, and only he can truly bring his vision the glory he expects there to be. Everyone wins, or at least comes out even.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 02:39 AM

Innis changes his last post so that Takshi completely goes off the radar, using a garganta to go who knows where. This allows a character created by Nicklance to take the place as the new Kido fugitive leader, and also allows Aya some interesting character openings as well.

Terry as well could make a character to co-lead with Nick, and we no longer have to offend anyone's sense of ownership or have Innis leave on such bad terms. I believe this to be a better idea all around than giving control of Takeshi to someone (really no offense, Nicklance) who isn't as finely in touch with him as a character. Innis clearly has a sense of ownership for the little guy, and only he can truly bring his vision the glory he expects there to be. Everyone wins, or at least comes out even.

Here's a spoiler.

Takeshi died.

Someone else is carrying the heart and soul of Takeshi on.

So yes. There's already a new leader out there. There's a reason for the Mask. Make that 2 reasons. :smallbiggrin:

Terry can create a 'right hand person' for 'Takeshi'. I'll run the plot with him.

riccaru
2011-05-21, 02:43 AM

Bolded for emphasis. I think it would be better for him to disappear, that way no one has to have their toes stepped on. And if our ever mercurial friend Innis may one day want to come back, he'll have a character and possible new insight and plots. Shunning and possibly slighting a comrade isn't going to make anything better.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-21, 02:56 AM
Bolded for emphasis. I think it would be better for him to disappear, that way no one has to have their toes stepped on. And if our ever mercurial friend Innis may one day want to come back, he'll have a character and possible new insight and plots. Shunning and possibly slighting a comrade isn't going to make anything better.

I talked with Nick about it. I nominate him, you and Drammor to take over the plot. Hadrian is involved in it already or he'd be number 1. I am quite certain I will not return this time and even if I do I can make a new character surely. I've got plenty of idea's left in the noggin after all. Hell, I made the first full bring almost a year before Tite did. How's that for awesome? :smalltongue:

As it stands though, I have no interest in returning to this game and this is truly my last post in this OOC so that every player can see what I have discussed with Nicklance. I do not think Terry has the ability to carry this plot forward with any reasonable expectations but I do feel the four people I named above do, and together will do a far better job then I could. I regret my actions, but I won't ask forgiveness for them because we all know I meant every word of it. To those few, I am sure we can put this behind us as how life happens and sometime in the future meet up and do something without the strings and petty aggression that plauges this game yet.

To the rest...meh, nothing to lose really. A long list could be formed of people you've driven off, good people and good storytellers all. You've been a greater dis-service to this game then any little spat ever was, and while I won't be so rude to tell you that you should be ashamed I hope you learn to let your anger go because in the end, it doesn't help anything. If you want this game to actually work, let people do what they want and stop trying to be the owners and controllers of this game. It died once, and if you keep it up it'll die again and if and when it does, there are more then enough of the people who actually know how to pen a good story waiting to come back and start it all over again. Judging by the week I was here, I can say without humility that it will last much longer then Bleach Reborn did.

Love and peace,
Kyle

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 02:57 AM
As per Innis' wishes, Takeshi is dead. I have taken the mask theme and taken it one solid step forward.

In one stroke, I have attempted to accomplish these following objectives.

1) Let Takeshi die (circumstances unknown, as fitting for a mystery)

2) Have another character lead the rebellion still, but carrying on Takeshi's personality, power, face, etc for continuity. (Using the Mask theme, which itself is an object of power)

3) Allowed the Samsara plot to have an extra foothold to move onto.

4) Carried on the "plot against Seireitei" sort of theme that is ongoing since Takeshi originally led the revolt.

Terry576
2011-05-21, 03:40 AM
As per Innis' wishes, Takeshi is dead. I have taken the mask theme and taken it one solid step forward.

In one stroke, I have attempted to accomplish these following objectives.

1) Let Takeshi die (circumstances unknown, as fitting for a mystery)

2) Have another character lead the rebellion still, but carrying on Takeshi's personality, power, face, etc for continuity. (Using the Mask theme, which itself is an object of power)

3) Allowed the Samsara plot to have an extra foothold to move onto.

4) Carried on the "plot against Seireitei" sort of theme that is ongoing since Takeshi originally led the revolt.

Idea.

Give me thirty minutes to figure out a way to retcon continuity itself.

And then some.

EDIT: And it appears Innis was running with pretty much the same idea I had. Albeit slightly different, and giving me access to multiple new ideas.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 03:54 AM
Idea.

Give me thirty minutes to figure out a way to retcon continuity itself.

And then some.

EDIT: And it appears Innis was running with pretty much the same idea I had. Albeit slightly different, and giving me access to multiple new ideas.

Oh by the way, Innis really wants Takeshi dead. So let us steer away from the "bring him back" plot lines. Wearing his skin is skirting his wishes enough. :smalltongue:

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing your other ideas.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 04:38 AM
So... everything is working out, now?

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 04:51 AM
So... everything is working out, now?

As per Innis' last IC post, he nominated three of us. You, me and Riccaru to take over. I'm typing up a large PM to send to you both about what is currently in the works and see if we can work out the kinks.

And that post of mine taking over Takeshi will the the only post from me for now until we can settle other stuff.

And since everyone has a week of game time to catch up, this is a perfect opportunity to iron everything out and push it forth when everyone is ready.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 05:51 AM
I don't understand why I was nominated to help with the plot. I haven't posted anywhere but the OOC (still a ghost), and I haven't finished a character yet. Oh, and this was something I was going to do strictly on my free time.

I'd like to hear from some of the other players before I even begin to accept that kind of responsibility.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 06:08 AM
I don't understand why I was nominated to help with the plot. I haven't posted anywhere but the OOC (still a ghost), and I haven't finished a character yet. Oh, and this was something I was going to do strictly on my free time.

I'd like to hear from some of the other players before I even begin to accept that kind of responsibility.

Writing plots and sending it via pm is a little bit of a headache for me too. Usually for free forms, if I had to take over another person's character, I kind of just carry on the player's plans. So I'm not very experienced with trying to turn one player's initiative into a group project.

But oh well. This isn't a collaborative game for nothing :smallbiggrin:

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 06:32 AM
I'm having a hard time finding some information I'm looking for. I know I've seen it before, but I can't remember where.

What are the effects of having vast spiritual pressure in this game? Aren't they less than the canon effects? Can you still paralyze others with overwhelming pressure, or things like that?

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 06:56 AM
I'm having a hard time finding some information I'm looking for. I know I've seen it before, but I can't remember where.

What are the effects of having vast spiritual pressure in this game? Aren't they less than the canon effects? Can you still paralyze others with overwhelming pressure, or things like that?

I'm not sure either. I'm not even sure what's the general range of effect spiritual pressure can exert. We see that people like Ichigo can release spiritual energy that can be felt and detected from a long distance away, but the distance and all that is just so arbitrary.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 07:48 AM
Well. I'm just going to post him up and let people take their shots at him, then. Sorry if this is a bit of a long read. I'm not very good at keeping things short.

Hikaru ShinName: Hikaru Shin
Race: Shinigami; Reiatsu: None
5th Division, 20th Seat.
Eyes: Hazel; Hair: Dark henna
Height: 6’ 1”; Weight: 174 lbs

AppearanceHikaru Shin is a tall, olive-fair skinned man with broad shoulders and lean features. His muscles are more toned than built, giving him the illusion of being like a man in his late teens or early twenties. That is, one who is meant to be large and muscular, but hasn’t fully grown into their own proportions. His glossy hair is a dark henna color that is nearly black, which he wears at only an inch to an inch and a half long. Shin’s eyes are hazel, and change with the ambient lighting and some other factors, between nearly green, nearly brown or a completely indiscernible mix of the two.

Shin wears the standard shinigami uniform, with some slight alterations that make it more fit for his personal martial disciplines and exercises. He chooses to go barefoot, preferring to the feel the ground beneath him without the protection of shoes or sandals, and has developed thick callouses on both his feet and hands.

Shin also wears a belt with a satchel over the front of his right hip, and the sling for his sake bottle on his right hip. Also on this belt, on the back of his hips, are two scale-shaped plates of sekkiseki stone, fitted in leather with special loops for his fingers and arms, each eight inches long and six inches wide. These plates can be removed from or placed on the belt easily, so that Shin can arm himself with shields that remove the brunt of spiritual assaults.

PersonalityShin is an easy-going and thoughtful man. In his younger years, he fretted over the loss of his shinigami powers, but has developed cool patience and appreciation for his situation. He enjoys an orderly life with a nearly predictable routine, and the structure provided to the 5th division's Seireitei by their late captain's passion for order and due process. Conversationally, he's more of a listener than a talker, and some people have mistaken him for being a slow thinker due to this.

Shin comes off to others as an odd but easy blend of neat, orderly and relaxed. Ordinarily, he reacts to trouble and excitement like a stone obelisk responds to the wind and rain - he doesn't. His actions are responses, thought out courses of action that can be made quickly or slowly.

Unless a person knows his background, it's also difficult for many people to understand why he hasn't advanced from the 20th seat in nearly 120 years of service, leading them to make otherwise unfounded judgments about his character. These judgments are often enhanced because there are a dozen or so wagers in the Seireitei betting pool that concern what his shikai will do, and because he has an uncanny sense of awareness and attention to detail that can make it seem like he doesn’t like to give other people his attention.

Abilities
Passable Swordsmanship: Shin hasn’t had the opportunity to fight with his zanpakuto in well over a hundred years. Though he still practices with bokken, his skills have dulled over time and rendered him less effective with a sword than most other seated officers.

Tai Chi Chuan Master: Shin had been a practitioner of the supreme ultimate fist since long before he lost his reiatsu, but the event has given him plenty of time and reason to practice it often and with great diligence. In that time, he has learned to combine the hard and soft styles of tai chi chuan into nearly perfect symbiosis.

Though he is no match for the supernatural strength and speed of some other officers, Shin is still a fighter to be taken seriously. Few shinigami take the opportunity to hone their strictly martial skills in the way that Shin has, and his awareness of his disadvantage has caused him to hone his reflexes, powers of observation and attention to detail to the point that he seems to have either a very strong intuition, or a nearly precognitive ability to react.

Traceur: In lieu of hoho, Shin has taken up the training in parkour to keep himself fit for message delivery, in addition to his other disciplines. This discipline is the art of traversing over distances by using the most direct route that can be taken safely. It focuses on efficiency and speed, which includes avoiding injuries of both the short and long term and developing confidence and critical-thinking skills.

Shin’s dedication to this and his other forms of martial arts keep him in stellar physical condition, and greatly enhance his balance, bodily control, flexibility, spatial awareness and ability to make quick and reasoned decisions.

High Strength: As a result of his extensive training in tai chi chuan and parkour, and the addition of archery to his list of hobbies, Shin is much stronger than he first appears, able to lift his own body over a wall with just one arm and little effort, and continue moving with great speed and very little time to recover.

High Durability: Also as a result of his training in tai chi chuan and parkour, Shin’s body has gained impressive durability that allows him to take more abuse than it seems he should be able to. This quality stems not only from an inherent quality, but also from his ability to make fast decisions and small changes in bodily positioning that minimize the impact of contact with other objects.

Empty Spiritual Energy: Despite being a seated officer of the Gotei 13, Shin has no spiritual energy. He can see and interact with spirit beings, but only due to being a spirit himself. At one point in time, his spiritual energy was enormous, but it has all vanished without a trace.

Attempts to discern his spiritual energy have been met with utter failure by machines, and people who have attempted to ‘feel’ his spiritual presence in particular have reported a sense of nausea similar to the vertigo of looking down from a great height, or from the bends of rising up too quickly from a great depth. These feeling invariably pass after only a few seconds, but can still be disorienting.

As a side-effect of having such empty reiatsu, Shin has an inherent immunity to reiatsu-dependent abilities, such as some forms detection and the pressure exerted by many other spiritual beings. If the Commander-General revealed his bankai and released his reiatsu at full power, Shin would not be able to feel the difference in reiatsu between him and his toaster.

Kidō Practitioner: Despite utterly lacking reiatsu, Shin still practices his kidō incantations. At one point, he could complete bakudo and hado up to the 52nd difficulty, and his spells struck with amazing strength for his seating, but this has all vanished for him, now.

Hohō Practitioner: Like his skill in kidō, Shin was also once skilled in hohō, but no longer has the ability to use it. He still practices the movements of the agility arts, and often incorporates them into his slow tai chi chuan movements.

Zanpakuto
A white ceramic sake bottle, 5 inches tall. Its neck pinches inward abruptly before flaring outward for its mouth, and has a small spout on one side. The interior side of the bottle’s mouth, neck and shoulder are covered in a bluish-gray lacquer, whereas the interior of its body and heel are covered in a silvery-black lacquer. It is nestled into a fitted sleeve of woven straw, which also has a round bamboo stopper on a supple ray skin thong.

Shikai: Release command – Overwhelm with brilliance, Suikazura Shinzui.

Suikazura Shinzui is a constant release-type zanpakuto, despite that this type is normally only for zanpakuto whose owners have too much spiritual pressure to contain.

The fact of this matter has been the subject for speculation for some of the shinigami who know or know of Shin. Tests from the 12th division indicate that the zanpakuto itself contains traces of reiatsu, but has barely more than common Soul Society objects, and releases absolutely none of it. There are some bets about the true function of Suikazura Shinzui around the Seireitei, as it is such a bizarre thought that a zanpkuto’s purpose could be to render a shinigami bereft of their reiatsu and spiritual abilities.

Special Abilities:
Overwhelming Brilliance: When Suikazura Shinzui was first unsealed, it filled its surrounding area with blinding and light and such incredible spiritual pressure that it pushed down on stones, trees and the ground itself. The radius of this area expanded for a few moments, and then suddenly “popped,” crushing those stones, flattening those trees, and leaving a shallow crater in the surrounding area. When the dust and light cleared, Suikazura Shinzui revealed itself to now take the shape of a sake bottle, and all of its and Shin’s reiatsu simply vanished without a single trace.

Limitless Libations: The bottle is filled with a pale purple-red, nearly clear sake with a slightly sweet taste. Whenever the bottle runs out of sake and is stopped, it slowly fills itself with more sake, until the liquid inside the bottle reaches a point just beneath its shoulder. The sake does nothing special for sake, but tastes best when served chilled.

Bankai: Not yet achieved.
BackgroundAt one point in time, Shin was a promising 5th seat officer. Like some other Shinigami, he had vastly more reiatsu than he could contain, and his skills in kido, hoho, zanjutsu and hakuda gave him the edge to excel as far as he did into rank, despite the fact that he had not yet gained his shikai. Great things were expected from him when it happened.

About a hundred and twenty years before now, after devoted communications with his zanpakuto spirit and extensive hard work on his behalf, he was sent out on a mission to deliver a message to a seated officer of the 1st division, who was overseeing a battle in the field, which his captain had determined was too important to trust to a hell butterfly.

During his transit to the battlefield, Shin encountered a rogue Shinigami, who attempted to wrest the letter away from the courier. In the ensuing struggle to escape, Shin was forced to release his shikai for the first time. The overwhelming blast of that action – just the release itself – rendered his attacker broken and motionless.

Shin managed to deliver the message in time, but when he arrived at the scene, all of his reiatsu and related powers had simply vanished. His zanpakuto, a stopped white sake bottle, hung at his side, and for as far as he could tell, was inactive for now.

In the time since then, Shin's reiatsu has not returned. His zanpakuto is a constant release type, and Shin can still interact with other spirit creatures, but his Shinigami powers are, for all appearances, just plain gone.

Now, since Shin lost his powers in the line of duty, and still managed to deliver his message in a timely manner without them, his captain felt it would be disrespectful to unseat him, especially in light of his other accomplishments and distinctions up until that time. At the same time, it would be impractical to keep Shin as active in the division, so he was instead moved to 20th seat and given a rather permanent position in the atriums, where he looks after the proper care of the hell butterflies, for as long as his service there remains exemplary.
From here down, the information contained is purely optional, and included only for character depth.

Personal Characteristics
Socioeconomic Level as a child: Citizen of Rukongai
Socioeconomic Level as an adult: Citizen of Seireitei
Hometown: 65th District of Rukongai
Current Residence: 5th division barracks
Occupation: 20th seat of 5th Division, Custodian of Atriums 1–4
Talents/Skills: Agriculturally inclined, critical thinking, drinking, hell butterfly handling and lockpicking.
Birth order: Youngest of two brothers, no sisters.
Siblings: Hikaru Ichirou, who died in Rukongai from an infected wound. Shin carried out his final wishes to “escape that disgusting life” and two weeks later joined the Academy.
Habits: Wake up, daily exercise routine, breakfast with lone contemplation, care for the atriums' trees and hell butterflies, daily forms routine, lunch with other 5th division officers, short walk, care for the atriums' gardens and window cleaning, small supper with other 5th division officers, weekly parkour routines, feeding and exercising the hell butterflies, tend personal bonsai garden, choice of archery or locksport hour, small dinner with lone contemplation, short walk, end of day.
Physical Characteristics
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 174 lbs
Race: Shinigami
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Dark henna
Glasses or contact lenses? No
Skin color: Olive-fair
Health: Peak, great cardiovascular fitness
Hobbies: Archery, bonsai, locksport, parkour, spoon collecting, tai chi chuan forms
Style: Neat, orderly, relaxed
Greatest flaw: Stretch marks along his back, sides and shoulders from growing too quickly.
Best quality: Physical fitness
Mental Characteristics
Educational Background: Shinigami Academy
Intelligence Traits: Analytical, astute, bright, clever, quick
Any Mental Illnesses? No
Learning Experiences: Loss of powers he had previously relied on.
Character's short-term goals in life: Score two consecutive bulls’ eyes from 60 meters, solve a compound shifting lock in 45 seconds or less, see his bonsai cherry tree bear fruit for its second mature season, discover who keeps “borrowing” shovel #17 from atrium 3 without permission.
Character's long-term goals in life: Develop automatic butterfly feeder, best 5th division’s 15th seat officer in race across Seireitei, regain shinigami powers.
How does Character see himself? As a more balanced and less hasty version of his younger self, and as living proof of the late Captain Ryuunosuke Osamu’s kindness and noble soul.
How does Character believe he is perceived by others? As a reclusive, mysterious, and humorously ironic figure.
How self-confident is the character? Very self-confident, but evenly keeled.
Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof? More logic than emotion, but works to maintain a balance between the two.
What would most embarrass this character? To learn that butterflies from his atrium were stolen during his shift.
Emotional Characteristics
Strengths/Weaknesses: Mostly strengths, as he has long since become the master of his own self, and learned to accept his own weaknesses as an essential part of being whole. He can, however, be overly focused on his schedule and discipline, without taking enough time to recline and rest without thinking about how is actions now will affect his future.
Introvert or Extrovert? Depends on the social situation and the attitude of the room, but more often introvert than extrovert.
How does the character deal with anger? By absorbing the events around him and processing them in a cool, logical way, and then responding with the emotion he feels is the most appropriate to the situation, based on the needs of himself and others, and his values.
With sadness? With quiet contemplation, usually alone for a while. Afterward, he also spends time with his friends and shares a few drinks from his zanpakuto.
With conflict? By hearing both sides of the conflict, and then trying to find the most equitable solution for all parties involved. Failing this, he attempts to convince others to see things from his point of view by creating an equitable situation for the other person and asking for their advice, or by convincing other people that they came up with the idea first.
With change? By coping with what’s different and assimilating the best parts of the change into his daily routine.
With loss? In stride, and by paying the proper respects at a later time. Initially, he has been shown to face loss with a morbid sense of humor followed by total detachment from the situation.
What does the character want out of life? Nothing, from which he has received more than he could ever hope for.
What would the character like to change in his life? No, but if change came his way, he would welcome it into his life as an opportunity for a new experience.
What motivates this character? He wants to make his captain proud of him. Since his captain passed away, the best he can hope for is to make what he remembers of his captain proud of him, and pray that it’s close enough.
What frightens this character? Sudden changes and losses that are beyond his ability to cope and adapt to his environment.
What makes this character happy? Knowing that his actions continue to benefit all of the shinigami of the Seireitei, and that though he lost his powers, he could never lose the things that truly make him a member of the 5th division – his unwavering dedication and loyalty, and the will to better himself.
Is the character judgmental of others? Although Shin can be judgmental of other people, he keeps his opinions to himself and only tries to be as helpful or as fair as possible. This is especially true of people he finds slacking during their shift.
Is the character generous or stingy? He tends to be very generous to other people with his time and money, never asking for anything in return. At the same time, he can be stingy with advice, only giving it to other when it is asked for, even when it can easily make a situation better.
Is the character generally polite or rude? Shin is usually polite, but his enhanced awareness of his surroundings can sometimes lead people to believe he isn’t interested in them or isn’t really paying attention. At other times, he can sometimes be seen as “infuriatingly perfect.”

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-21, 07:59 AM
Semi-random inquiry: is sake really the only Japanese drink you lot are familiar with? For those of you who are a fan of good taste, might I suggest mixing it up with stuff like plum wine or something? :smalltongue:

(P.S. The only thing I can imagine tasting similar to sake is donkey pee.)

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 08:13 AM
Semi-random inquiry: is sake really the only Japanese drink you lot are familiar with? For those of you who are a fan of good taste, might I suggest mixing it up with stuff like plum wine or something? :smalltongue:

Yumeshu is like a very sweet alcoholic drink. And in my parts, its termed "a drink only girls will go for"

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 08:23 AM

It's not for me. That doesn't mean it isn't a good choice for the character, however. And I don't share your opinion about the taste. :smallconfused:

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 08:41 AM
I'm of the mind that says this game is actually doing quite well overall, and will continue to do so. Differences of opinion, I suppose.

Drammor: How did you character get into the Shinigami Academy with absolutely no spiritual power? How does he have a Zanpakutou, for that matter?

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 08:51 AM
I'm of the mind that says this game is actually doing quite well overall, and will continue to do so. Differences of opinion, I suppose.

Drammor: How did you character get into the Shinigami Academy with absolutely no spiritual power? How does he have a Zanpakutou, for that matter?

At the time that Shin entered the Academy, and up until the first time he unsealed his Z-pak, he did have spiritual power. Quite a bit of it, in fact. He didn't lose his reiatsu until just moments after it was unsealed. Presently, taking away his reiatsu appears to be Suikazura Shinzui's ability. As a paradoxical as that sounds. :smallbiggrin:

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-21, 08:57 AM
I don't think I could possibly care any less if the manliest of manly men are swilling diesel fuel, cut with fermented chest-hair syrup, strained through used lumberjack shirts. :smallbiggrin: If a digested product is going to earn the right to grace my immaculate pallet more than once, you can bet your blessed buttocks that it's certainly going to (at the very least) taste like liquid mana.

Also, though it is true in the case of umeshu (the best way to enjoy the typically 'meh' shochu), sweet/tasty does not inherently mean weak. I have a party cup mix that I call a 'commando' that is a huge hit with soft-pallet drinkers, but will still fast-forward all but the most pickled livers right past the buzzed stage (and well into the drunk zone) after only a single glass. Of course, given that the blend contains a high concentration of both sugar and everclear, I cannot honestly say that the end result is even remotely unexpected. :smallwink:

Back to game chat though: I find myself compelled to confess that I feel quite strongly about how the whole Innis/Takeshi matter was dealt with. Not reopen a can of worms or anything but, seriously? Here's to hoping that the event in question ends up being the exception to the rule, I guess.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 09:04 AM
Back to game chat though: I find myself compelled to confess that I feel quite strongly about how the whole Innis/Takeshi matter was dealt with. Not reopen a can of worms or anything but, seriously? Here's to hoping that the event in question ends up being the exception to the rule, I guess.

Yes, and I hope I can bring it to a satisfying conclusion some. Game on! :smallcool:

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 09:12 AM
Back to game chat though: I find myself compelled to confess that I feel quite strongly about how the whole Innis/Takeshi matter was dealt with. Not reopen a can of worms or anything but, seriously? Here's to hoping that the event in question ends up being the exception to the rule, I guess.The blame is by no stretch of the imagination a one-way street, and I wish people would stop treating it as such. There were some reasonable critiques laid out. Responses after that are on individual heads.

The reason we "vet" characters is because we don't want everyone ending up Aizen-level powerful (or Toho-level, I suppose). Thus, having "outside eyes" examine the character's powers and such helps us keep things on an even keel. After all, if our goal is that Captains (for instance) are at "power level X", and someone wants to make one at "power level x+5", there might be problems. We are all part of this roleplay, and some of us examine incoming characters with an eye to how they'll affect the overall story, especially the consideration of "will this character be too powerful/potent for the intended role". Someone making a member of the Mortal World Kid Gang (who totally need a team name soon) who happens to be able to rewrite reality on a whim...probably needs to step back.

None of this is to say that critiquers are lily-white. But neither are they the only ones stained with less than desirable responses.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 09:14 AM
Oh, huh. It looks like I forgot to include his background.

Do I need to?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 09:22 AM
Oh, huh. It looks like I forgot to include his background.

Do I need to?It would help. I'll try to give him a more thorough look-over later; the lack of spiritual power was just the most obvious thing.

Though, considering the nature of the 5th Division as Callos wrote it (ie, very much a nepotistic command structure), I'd ask how he became 20th seat if he had two strike against him (not a Ryuunosuke member, as explained here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8157849&postcount=5), and not showing actual spiritual power). A member of the 5th, no question. But it at least raises curiosity how he became an officer.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 09:27 AM
It would help. I'll try to give him a more thorough look-over later; the lack of spiritual power was just the most obvious thing.

Though, considering the nature of the 5th Division as Callos wrote it (ie, very much a nepotistic command structure), I'd ask how he became 20th seat if he had two strike against him (not a Ryuunosuke member, as explained here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8157849&postcount=5), and not showing actual spiritual power). A member of the 5th, no question. But it at least raises curiosity how he became an officer.

Okay then. I popped it in there. I also discussed the character's background with Callos in advance. It's fine by him.

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 09:30 AM
Character looks good, Drammor. For the record, in the aim to create a game where everyone can be at least somewhat relevant, I believe that we've weakened the effect of raw spiritual energy considerably, or at least the difference in amount of it between characters. I doubt that the Commander-General could knock out a VC just by easing his self-control, as in canon. This, naturally, makes Hikaru's initial burst of reiatsu upon achieving Shikai particularly impressive.

I'll confess that I forgot about Callos's command structure, but I imagine that if he were just a friend of a Ryuunosuke family member, then he'd be able to maintain his present position without incident. And, given your backstory, I imagine that there could be enough meritocracy in the 5th to be willing to grant him that boon.

I like the extra details that you put in, particularly as you did so in a way that makes referencing his basic information still easy to find. Where did you find that questionnaire?

Perhaps one of the ways that he has achieved his skill in Tai Chi is by sparring for decades with my own Hayashi Goro? Goro has his own reasons for avoiding using his zanpaktou where possible, which is why his own style depends more on hakuda and Kido (and, when all else fails, full-contact Kido).

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 09:34 AM
Did I hear Tai Chi? Aya's learning Tai Chi swordplay at the moment. :smallbiggrin:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-21, 09:45 AM
I swear, you guys are much more productive when I sleep.

That said, I'm glad that the situation resolved itself as well as it did (for a given measure of how well it did anyway).

Frankly, I DO honestly wish we could have settled our differences in this instance without provoking Innis' departure. I'm an idealist, sue me.

But eh. Enough about that.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 09:53 AM
Is it just me or do you guys get the "Sorry but your IP is banned" crap often?

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 10:01 AM
Is it just me or do you guys get the "Sorry but your IP is banned" crap often?

IP address is banned? No, not regularly. Get busy server messages fairly frequently, though. Does anyone in your home have an account that was banned in the Playground or something?:smallconfused:

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 10:06 AM
IP address is banned? No, not regularly. Get busy server messages fairly frequently, though. Does anyone in your home have an account that was banned in the Playground or something?:smallconfused:

None. But my country uses dynamic ISPs.

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 10:08 AM
None. But my country uses dynamic ISPs.

...Maybe your country has a sufficient number of forum trolls that there's decent chances one of them got banned from GiantITP from any given IP address, then? I don't know. Might want to take it up in the tech support forum.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 10:09 AM
...Maybe your country has a sufficient number of forum trolls that there's decent chances one of them got banned from GiantITP from any given IP address, then? I don't know. Might want to take it up in the tech support forum.

Not a major hassle, just a crap load of refreshes and reposting to get through. But yeah when it starts to get annoying I'll ask tech support.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 10:11 AM
Character looks good, Drammor. For the record, in the aim to create a game where everyone can be at least somewhat relevant, I believe that we've weakened the effect of raw spiritual energy considerably, or at least the difference in amount of it between characters. I doubt that the Commander-General could knock out a VC just by easing his self-control, as in canon. This, naturally, makes Hikaru's initial burst of reiatsu upon achieving Shikai particularly impressive.I knew that at some point. The reason I put that part in there is because of the diminished effects of reiatsu. The first few seconds of his release were supposed to be particularly attention-grabbing. I just... somehow managed to forget by the time I finished writing the profile.

I like the extra details that you put in, particularly as you did so in a way that makes referencing his basic information still easy to find. Where did you find that questionnaire?I Google searched "how to write a character profile" and it was one of the first two things that popped up. I don't actually need help writing most of a profile, but personalities have always been a weak point of mine.

Perhaps one of the ways that he has achieved his skill in Tai Chi is by sparring for decades with my own Hayashi Goro? Goro has his own reasons for avoiding using his zanpaktou where possible, which is why his own style depends more on hakuda and Kido (and, when all else fails, full-contact Kido).Oh yeah. I can see why they would get along, and why training together would happen. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Also, I don't speak Japanese per se, but I do have an appreciation for the construction of language. It looks to me like "Wanizame na Satsui" might be Japanese for "Murderous Shark."

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 10:19 AM
Right, so, it's been over 10 pages since this guy got posted. And now, I have name ideas! Not incredible ideas, but ideas.

Name ideas:
White Oni
Laughing Oni
Oni
Laughing Death
White Death

Any other suggestions along these lines are welcome. I'd rather stay away from "skull" for a couple of reasons: this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skull), and the fact that his skull-face isn't widely seen.

Name: *Undetermined*
Apparent Age: Early 30's
Sex: Male
Eye color: Bright Purple
Hair color: None
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155lbs.
Reiatsu/Speech: Bright Purple

Description: *Undetermined* cuts a striking figure, no matter the situation. He's been seen in various outfits, but there are two that seem to be most prominent.
The first is a pure white suit (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/White20Suit.jpg), worn on "formal occasions" (typically when dealing with those who are almost equal to his wonderful self), or when he feels like it.
The second is a more utilitarian (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/Red_Hood_Jason_Todd_02.jpg), but still pure white.
Oh, and he has a mask (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/RH0002.jpg) that covers his entire head, with only eye holes to indicate there might be a person in there. Said mask is a bright red (some say the color of freshly-spilled blood). The eye holes glow a bright purple, though the exact level of brightness seems to vary.
Underneath the red mask, there sits an even more terrifying visage. That of a bone-white Hollow Mask (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/large20mask20blu-ray204brd.jpg) covering his head, with all the proportions just barely wrong. No hair. Eyebrow ridges too large. Eyes too deeply set, and too large. Grin too wide, teeth too large. And what a grin it is; his face seems to be almost perpetually smiling to some degree. His eyes are the eyes of nearly any Vizard; black sclera with (in his case) bright purple irises. While they do glow, it's clear the "outer mask" greatly enhances the effect. If one looks closer at the bone-like head, they'll see a network of criss-crossing scars, barely large enough to see, with a few larger exceptions merely proving the rule. The oddest thing about the mask is that it acts like a face; *Undetermined* can make normal-ish human expressions with it, eat normally, drink, speak, laugh...Some might almost forget the subtle wrongness that his face is composed of
The rest of his body has pale, but not pure white, skin, with a scattering of scars. He has a well-toned musculature, and is of a comparatively average size.
If someone managed to break his Vizard mask, they'd see a thoroughly ordinary man underneath, with a lack of hair on his head being his only truly unique feature (aside from his eyes). However, this is the only way to view his face; the mask cannot be willingly removed, and can only be broken, or perhaps suppressed.

Background: Not much is known about *Undetermined*, beyond the fact that less than a year ago, he started making waves in the criminal underground. Not big waves, but waves. He carved out his own little niche, but it was a quiet effort. The Yakuza barely had any warning before he inserted himself into a meeting, making a rather simple demand: Leave him alone, and he'd work to make the streets safe for them. By and large, the efforts are subtle, aimed at the most upstanding members of law enforcement.
But months of effort have been invested with one goal: find and kill White Jugde. *Undetermined* has been known to say it's a matter of "professional and personal pride" that he kills the "upstanding do-gooder". He's been carefully researching everything he can about his foe, and using several agents of his own to track him. Most have had little success (due to White Jugde's ghost workers), but a few have fed him tantalizing tidbits of information. It's only made him more determined, and it seems he's preparing to strike...
*Undetermined* was once an average member of a minor Quincy clan, in the far north of Japan's mainland. They protected their home town and their land, but little else. They had no real ambitions, *Undetermined* least of all. He was only adequate with his Quincy abilities, his bow's range mediocre, his arrows only wounding Hollows.

Then one day while taking a relaxing stroll back to his family home from the store in town, he was hit with a tranquilizer dart and dragged into a black van. When he woke up, he was strapped to a table and stripped to the waist. There were strange machines all around him, but the room was ill-lit. He heard voices, but couldn't make out what they said. He felt a sudden hot surge in his arm, and was asleep again. He didn't wake again until his fate was being violently changed.

As his eyes fluttered open, he saw what looked like a white helmet sitting on a table nearby, facing away from him. Suddenly, a motorized arm picked it up, and as it moved, he realized something; it was a mask. A Hollow mask. And it was in two pieces; pieces even now being positioned to merge over his head. At the same moment, injectors in his arms and chest activated, surging very diluted Hollow blood into his body, mixed with a heavy does of "purified" reishi. As the strange mix surged in his veins, causing unbelievable agony, the mask slammed shut against his head. *Undetermined* could feel his hair burn away, never to return. He could feel the mask adhering to his skin. He felt the mocking laughter of the echo that remained in the mask; too weak to be a true Hollow, but just enough there that the mask was even then changing his body. Him, who had before now been average, weak even. He was being transformed into something more.

He couldn't help himself. He giggled. Then he chuckled. Then, in that terrible double voice that all Vizard have, he laughed. Because he saw what an incredible joke it all was. How he'd show his family the things he could do now! Right after he busted out of this joint.
With a mighty effort, he managed to snap his restraints; the injectors, having run dry, had already retreated. The new being standing there looked up at where he knew the observation booth was, and the mask on his face suddenly moved, splitting into a wide, gleaming grin.
Ten minutes later, much of the base was dead, and the man who had been born anew was walking down the road, whistling a tune.

Later, when he tried to go to his family, first to show them his ability, and then to seek aid when the infernal mask wouldn't come off ever, he was rejected. They didn't attack him on sight; they loved him enough to give him the chance to leave. But they said they could never accept him back. He was too deeply stained, and it would be too much of a risk from other Quincy clans.

Just a year later, they were killed in just such an attack, with *undetermined* later hunting down many of those responsible. He was alone in the world, so he might as well find some way to enjoy all these wonderful new abilities. You know, a guy like him didn't have much need for laws, not really. They'd only get in the way of his fun. And his hunt for the ******** who made him into a monster...

Personality: In a word, "manic". *Undetermined* is extremely energetic in everything he does, going about his day with incredible enthusiasm and zeal. He approaches any project he undeterakes with the full measure of his attention, sometimes to the detriment of older projects. He seems to enjoy throwing the occasional party for what staff he has, and he enjoys crashing other people's parties even more.

For a criminal psychopath, he's surprisingly well-natured towards those who work for him...so long as they don't break his rules, which mostly amount to being loyal to him above anything else. Despite his seemingly insane nature, he seems to run a tight, stable ship, keeping to a few clearly-defined goals.

Of course, to those he considers enemies, he can be vicious indeed. While strangely he's made it a rule to never involve families or other "innocents" in what he does, he has no qualms about ruthlessly killing those who he sees as standing in the way of his goals, no matter their age or gender. Or who otherwise do things that deeply annoy him. He doesn't go absurdly out of his way to avoid collateral damage, but it's not one of his base goals, either.

One driving factor in his actions seems to be a long-term effort to seek out those who made him what he is today. He had little information to start with, only knowledge of what they did, the fact it seemed well-funded, and...nothing else.

On the flip side, he seems unusually unwilling to harm Quincy who don't truly throw themselves in his way. In fact, he's been known to savagely attack those who target Quincy.

If he finds himself in a fight lasting more than a few moments (he favors "lightning raids" against most regular mortal enemies), he'll quickly move to use "witty banter" to distract his opponent, hoping to cause them to make a mistake.

Powers: Vizard Powers:
Physical Enhancements: *Undetermined* has had his strength and speed brought to the absolute peak of human potential, resulting in his ability to achieve feats that his size would deem impossible. Nonetheless, he cannot go to the extreme of tossing around cars as weapons; he generally can only lift a several hundred pounds, or sprint at 28 miles per hour.
His endurance, on the other hand, is truly superhuman. Whereas other humans can only sprint all-out for short distances, *Undetermined* has been observed to run all-out for up to half an hour before he needs to stop and rest. And his recovery time is incredible, needing only minutes to be in near-peak condition again (though a bit hungry).
His body is also supernaturally tough; human weaponry has trouble harming him. Anything below the level of explosive grenades or .50 caliber rifle rounds cannot harm him at all, and it takes anti-vehicle ordinance to truly harm him. Low-level spiritual attacks often have reduced affect as well.
Finally, his reflexes are almost off the charts; he's often been seen dodging bullets when fighting in closer quarters, and his incredible dexterity in combat makes him an unholy terror to fight.
Other Abilities: *Undetermined* has perfect night vision, able to see as easily in blackest night as he can in brightest day. As well, he seems to not mind sudden bright lights, either. Flashbangs and the like don't faze him. In this incredible vision is his inherent ability to see spiritual beings.
However, unlike many of his fellow Vizard, he does not have any ability to fire blasts of energy. Instead, he seems to rely on mundane weapons; considering his foes are also mundane, it balances out in the end. Mostly.
Speed: *Undetermined* is capable of bursts of speed, due to a strange hybrid of Sonido and Hirenkyaku, resulting in a movement that might not have the full range of Sonido, but seems to have much finer control. It does not give off the typical *boom* of a Sonido; instead, it results in something of a "tearing" sound. The overall speed he can display is on par with lower-seated Shinigami with average proficiency, or of lower-powered Arrancar with average proficiency.
Energy Reserves: *Undetermined* draws his power from both within and without, due to his nature as a Vizard Quincy. His Hollow nature provides a constant inner source of strength, but he's able to always augment it with spiritual energy drawn from the world around him.
Energy Manipulation: *Undetermined* is not the foremost expert in energy manipulation, but neither is he totaly untalented. He is able to use his speed-boost ability, and has the ability to air-walk. As well, he's displayed a somewhat more unique ability to stick to solid surfaces via a similar principle.
Connected to this, he has decent skill with creating Quincy artifacts, though he's not a master craftsman as such. Unknown years of practice help.
Dimensional Pockets: Referred to by some as "hammerspace", *Undetermined* has the ability to attach several small dimensional pockets to the inside of any of his garments (almost always his jacket, though he's used the inside of his pants as a "joke" before). He can create a total of 10 of these pockets; each has enough space for a rocket launcher, or perhaps a small, tightly packed tent. Or a large stuffed monkey. Whatever he feels like. Typically they're used to carry his assorted weapons and "tools of the trade". He theorizes this ability is what took the place of greater physical enhancements, energy blasts, and other such things.
Quincy Bow: The iconic form of a Quincy's power. Whereas before his "change", his bow was indistinct, it now takes a very well-defined form, that of a high-tech compound bow (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/classgreenarrow004_edited.jpg). His range seems to be in the neighborhood of 500 feet with full accuracy; beyond that his accuracy takes a sharp dive. His arrows are sharp, and strike with power backed by incredible strength. He's able to form his bow in the space of about a second, though he rarely uses it (or most of his other truly extraordinary abilities) unless facing a "worthy foe".

Equipment:
Guns: *Undetermined* typically carries a couple pairs of pistols, a couple of submachine guns, an assault rifle, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle on his person.
Melee Weapons: *Undetermined* carries a couple of brass knuckles, a blackjack, an aluminum baseball bat, a sledgehammer, and a crowbar (his self-proclaimed "favorite of all time!").
Other tools: He always has a cell phone, as well as a scattering of hand tools, lock picks, and miscellaneous "junk" on his person. Sometimes he seems to have items solely for the purpose of playing a "joke" on someone.
Seele Schneider: *Undetermined* has a Seele Schneider in the shape of a simple white kusarigama (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/kusarigama.jpg). It has a purely physical blade; however, the edge can be enhanced with a spirit energy blade as well. The "counterweight" can retract and attach to the handle, making it a simple kama. When fired as an arrow, the weight/chain can be fastened to his belt, and the main blade retracts, while the arrow that springs forth has a cruel hooked head. He seems to carry only one of these. Probably because the end is a-
Ginto: He carries five on his person; all are designed to act as counterweights on his "special weapon". All are designed to let all their stored spiritual energy out in an explosion of power that equals a level-30 hado. However, this explosion is indirect and uncontrolled.

Abilities:
Combat: *Undetermined* has a fluid, chaotic style of fighting that is difficult to predict. He switches between firearms, his fists, and various weapons with alarming frequency and randomness. All with fairly equal proficiency, though he seems to be best at using guns. His skill level is comparable to a well trained member of a modern military service, though not on par with true special forces of any kind.
Other: He can pick physical locks, he can smooth talk a fair number of people, and he can make intricate plans. He's not so good with computers or other bits of recent technology. He's not hopeless, but he's acknowledged he can never get being "basic" as a skill level. He's also a decent driver, though he typically has "his people" do that for him.
Archery: His archery skills are on-par with his other fighting skills.

Allies:
Direct: He has a couple dozen loyal employees, including a personal assistant, a technology consultant, and a trusted physician. The rest are more "hands on" employees, though none are overly dumb or cruel. He prefers to run a tight ship.
Indirect: Much of the crime world.

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 10:31 AM
Thank you for the translation, Drammor. Glad to hear that our characters might work together:smallsmile:

KD, character seems pretty entertaining. Perhaps he could go by something like Cackling Storm, given his unpredictability and the hail of gunfire he tends to produce?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 10:39 AM
Cackling Storm? I think I like it...:smallbiggrin:

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 10:46 AM
I was going to say that I liked that one, too. I think you should go with it.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-21, 10:46 AM
what the heck just happened? Innis is gone? ugh...

ok...well, i hate to see anyone leave...

anyways...i am really hoping to post Hirokatsu today...after that i shoudl get back into the swing of things...i know that doesnt effect most of you and some of you dont care regardless, but i am just stating it here for those of you that do..

btw... Nick...i reaally liek what you are bringing to the group...not to say anyone else is NOT good ro whatever...but i have to say kudos to you for your professionalism..

anyways... later later

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 10:51 AM
Hiro, how are you also still a ghost? Is it that the entirety of the Silly Message Board Games boards don't count toward our post counts?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-21, 10:53 AM
Hiro, how are you also still a ghost? Is it that the entirety of the Silly Message Board Games boards don't count toward our post counts?That's exactly it.

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 10:55 AM
Well. I'm probably going to be a ghost forever, then.

Awesomesauce. :smallbiggrin:

Kasanip
2011-05-21, 11:28 AM
She has a couple of interesting quirks. Seems like she'll be fun, in the capacity of a straight woman. I don't really understand the connection of the Hanafuda cards to Kaki's Kido, though.

My brief bit of research turned up that they can be used for divination, using a complex method to determine which months you get to count as a full set, so I guess that one could use the connection with various months' associations to modify Kido, but you said that each card is keyed to a different Kido. I've not yet found anything that dealt with each card individually, so could you give us some examples of how it might work?

Her spread of abilities seems reasonable. Her Shikai is interesting, and still somehow leaves a bit of room for Hayashi Goro's to remain useful.

Overall, beyond my confusion on the Hanafuda cards, I approve quite heartily.

Thank you for such a comment. I am sorry to make a mistake. To mean "relation" I hope it was not to mean 1 card = 1 kido for such a meaning. But to know 48 kido and to understand card can to make combination for such a purpose.

To use Hanafuda card for divination, but using the cards month, season and flower combination to make divination and so to make an incantation name for a new kido technique. So she has 48 unique kido with hanafuda theme and divination theme.

But I have not created 48 kido, so I can't show example now. :smallredface: :smallredface:

Maybe one idea was to use real card to do divination of skill. But maybe it is too much work. I hope it answers the question!

Edit: I am assuming that Kaki is simply a genius in her specialties, thus explaining how she was able to achieve such power and rank at her young age. Is that about right?

Yes, I am sorry for confusion of this in her profile. She is not genius of everything. :smallredface:

Kasanip,

I like the character a lot! I think she will be fun to RP with! I like the extreme youth to be paired with my characters extreme age, should make for fun RP.

Having said that, the only thing i am curious about is the Hanafuda cards as well. If you could explain just a little more clearly how she uses them or how they relate to her power etc.

Other than that i vote she is good to go for the registry, if my vote matters at all.

I am looking forward to RPing with you Kasanip!

Thank you, I hope to answer your question and Sucrose's question together.

Maybe I can try to make example tomorrow if it is desired to see by Sucrose and HirokatsuGoto to make assurance. :smallredface:

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 11:42 AM
Thank you for the extended explanation, Kasanip. So, I was incorrect to infer that each card was keyed to a specific Kido. Please let me know whether this summary is more correct:

-Kaki knows at least 48 Kido
-For each of these Kido, she has identified at least one Hanafuda card that can be associated with it
-Using such a Hanafuda card, she can create a modified form of the Kido
-One Hanafuda card can be used with multiple basic Kido techniques
-One basic Kido technique can be modified by multiple Hanafuda cards, so long as the association still makes sense.

Is that more what you are stating?

Kuroimaken
2011-05-21, 01:04 PM
Right, so, it's been over 10 pages since this guy got posted. And now, I have name ideas! Not incredible ideas, but ideas.

Name ideas:
White Oni
Laughing Oni
Oni
Laughing Death
White Death

Any other suggestions along these lines are welcome. I'd rather stay away from "skull" for a couple of reasons: this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skull), and the fact that his skull-face isn't widely seen.

Name: *Undetermined*
Apparent Age: Early 30's
Sex: Male
Eye color: Bright Purple
Hair color: None
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155lbs.
Reiatsu/Speech: Bright Purple

Description: *Undetermined* cuts a striking figure, no matter the situation. He's been seen in various outfits, but there are two that seem to be most prominent.
The first is a pure white suit (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/White20Suit.jpg), worn on "formal occasions" (typically when dealing with those who are almost equal to his wonderful self), or when he feels like it.
The second is a more utilitarian (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/Red_Hood_Jason_Todd_02.jpg), but still pure white.
Oh, and he has a mask (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/RH0002.jpg) that covers his entire head, with only eye holes to indicate there might be a person in there. Said mask is a bright red (some say the color of freshly-spilled blood). The eye holes glow a bright purple, though the exact level of brightness seems to vary.
Underneath the red mask, there sits an even more terrifying visage. That of a bone-white Hollow Mask (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/large20mask20blu-ray204brd.jpg) covering his head, with all the proportions just barely wrong. No hair. Eyebrow ridges too large. Eyes too deeply set, and too large. Grin too wide, teeth too large. And what a grin it is; his face seems to be almost perpetually smiling to some degree. His eyes are the eyes of nearly any Vizard; black sclera with (in his case) bright purple irises. While they do glow, it's clear the "outer mask" greatly enhances the effect. If one looks closer at the bone-like head, they'll see a network of criss-crossing scars, barely large enough to see, with a few larger exceptions merely proving the rule. The oddest thing about the mask is that it acts like a face; *Undetermined* can make normal-ish human expressions with it, eat normally, drink, speak, laugh...Some might almost forget the subtle wrongness that his face is composed of
The rest of his body has pale, but not pure white, skin, with a scattering of scars. He has a well-toned musculature, and is of a comparatively average size.
If someone managed to break his Vizard mask, they'd see a thoroughly ordinary man underneath, with a lack of hair on his head being his only truly unique feature (aside from his eyes). However, this is the only way to view his face; the mask cannot be willingly removed, and can only be broken, or perhaps suppressed.

Background: Not much is known about *Undetermined*, beyond the fact that less than a year ago, he started making waves in the criminal underground. Not big waves, but waves. He carved out his own little niche, but it was a quiet effort. The Yakuza barely had any warning before he inserted himself into a meeting, making a rather simple demand: Leave him alone, and he'd work to make the streets safe for them. By and large, the efforts are subtle, aimed at the most upstanding members of law enforcement.
But months of effort have been invested with one goal: find and kill White Jugde. *Undetermined* has been known to say it's a matter of "professional and personal pride" that he kills the "upstanding do-gooder". He's been carefully researching everything he can about his foe, and using several agents of his own to track him. Most have had little success (due to White Jugde's ghost workers), but a few have fed him tantalizing tidbits of information. It's only made him more determined, and it seems he's preparing to strike...
*Undetermined* was once an average member of a minor Quincy clan, in the far north of Japan's mainland. They protected their home town and their land, but little else. They had no real ambitions, *Undetermined* least of all. He was only adequate with his Quincy abilities, his bow's range mediocre, his arrows only wounding Hollows.

Then one day while taking a relaxing stroll back to his family home from the store in town, he was hit with a tranquilizer dart and dragged into a black van. When he woke up, he was strapped to a table and stripped to the waist. There were strange machines all around him, but the room was ill-lit. He heard voices, but couldn't make out what they said. He felt a sudden hot surge in his arm, and was asleep again. He didn't wake again until his fate was being violently changed.

As his eyes fluttered open, he saw what looked like a white helmet sitting on a table nearby, facing away from him. Suddenly, a motorized arm picked it up, and as it moved, he realized something; it was a mask. A Hollow mask. And it was in two pieces; pieces even now being positioned to merge over his head. At the same moment, injectors in his arms and chest activated, surging very diluted Hollow blood into his body, mixed with a heavy does of "purified" reishi. As the strange mix surged in his veins, causing unbelievable agony, the mask slammed shut against his head. *Undetermined* could feel his hair burn away, never to return. He could feel the mask adhering to his skin. He felt the mocking laughter of the echo that remained in the mask; too weak to be a true Hollow, but just enough there that the mask was even then changing his body. Him, who had before now been average, weak even. He was being transformed into something more.

He couldn't help himself. He giggled. Then he chuckled. Then, in that terrible double voice that all Vizard have, he laughed. Because he saw what an incredible joke it all was. How he'd show his family the things he could do now! Right after he busted out of this joint.
With a mighty effort, he managed to snap his restraints; the injectors, having run dry, had already retreated. The new being standing there looked up at where he knew the observation booth was, and the mask on his face suddenly moved, splitting into a wide, gleaming grin.
Ten minutes later, much of the base was dead, and the man who had been born anew was walking down the road, whistling a tune.

Later, when he tried to go to his family, first to show them his ability, and then to seek aid when the infernal mask wouldn't come off ever, he was rejected. They didn't attack him on sight; they loved him enough to give him the chance to leave. But they said they could never accept him back. He was too deeply stained, and it would be too much of a risk from other Quincy clans.

Just a year later, they were killed in just such an attack, with *undetermined* later hunting down many of those responsible. He was alone in the world, so he might as well find some way to enjoy all these wonderful new abilities. You know, a guy like him didn't have much need for laws, not really. They'd only get in the way of his fun. And his hunt for the ******** who made him into a monster...

Personality: In a word, "manic". *Undetermined* is extremely energetic in everything he does, going about his day with incredible enthusiasm and zeal. He approaches any project he undeterakes with the full measure of his attention, sometimes to the detriment of older projects. He seems to enjoy throwing the occasional party for what staff he has, and he enjoys crashing other people's parties even more.

For a criminal psychopath, he's surprisingly well-natured towards those who work for him...so long as they don't break his rules, which mostly amount to being loyal to him above anything else. Despite his seemingly insane nature, he seems to run a tight, stable ship, keeping to a few clearly-defined goals.

Of course, to those he considers enemies, he can be vicious indeed. While strangely he's made it a rule to never involve families or other "innocents" in what he does, he has no qualms about ruthlessly killing those who he sees as standing in the way of his goals, no matter their age or gender. Or who otherwise do things that deeply annoy him. He doesn't go absurdly out of his way to avoid collateral damage, but it's not one of his base goals, either.

One driving factor in his actions seems to be a long-term effort to seek out those who made him what he is today. He had little information to start with, only knowledge of what they did, the fact it seemed well-funded, and...nothing else.

On the flip side, he seems unusually unwilling to harm Quincy who don't truly throw themselves in his way. In fact, he's been known to savagely attack those who target Quincy.

If he finds himself in a fight lasting more than a few moments (he favors "lightning raids" against most regular mortal enemies), he'll quickly move to use "witty banter" to distract his opponent, hoping to cause them to make a mistake.

Powers: Vizard Powers:
Physical Enhancements: *Undetermined* has had his strength and speed brought to the absolute peak of human potential, resulting in his ability to achieve feats that his size would deem impossible. Nonetheless, he cannot go to the extreme of tossing around cars as weapons; he generally can only lift a several hundred pounds, or sprint at 28 miles per hour.
His endurance, on the other hand, is truly superhuman. Whereas other humans can only sprint all-out for short distances, *Undetermined* has been observed to run all-out for up to half an hour before he needs to stop and rest. And his recovery time is incredible, needing only minutes to be in near-peak condition again (though a bit hungry).
His body is also supernaturally tough; human weaponry has trouble harming him. Anything below the level of explosive grenades or .50 caliber rifle rounds cannot harm him at all, and it takes anti-vehicle ordinance to truly harm him. Low-level spiritual attacks often have reduced affect as well.
Finally, his reflexes are almost off the charts; he's often been seen dodging bullets when fighting in closer quarters, and his incredible dexterity in combat makes him an unholy terror to fight.
Other Abilities: *Undetermined* has perfect night vision, able to see as easily in blackest night as he can in brightest day. As well, he seems to not mind sudden bright lights, either. Flashbangs and the like don't faze him. In this incredible vision is his inherent ability to see spiritual beings.
However, unlike many of his fellow Vizard, he does not have any ability to fire blasts of energy. Instead, he seems to rely on mundane weapons; considering his foes are also mundane, it balances out in the end. Mostly.
Speed: *Undetermined* is capable of bursts of speed, due to a strange hybrid of Sonido and Hirenkyaku, resulting in a movement that might not have the full range of Sonido, but seems to have much finer control. It does not give off the typical *boom* of a Sonido; instead, it results in something of a "tearing" sound. The overall speed he can display is on par with lower-seated Shinigami with average proficiency, or of lower-powered Arrancar with average proficiency.
Energy Reserves: *Undetermined* draws his power from both within and without, due to his nature as a Vizard Quincy. His Hollow nature provides a constant inner source of strength, but he's able to always augment it with spiritual energy drawn from the world around him.
Energy Manipulation: *Undetermined* is not the foremost expert in energy manipulation, but neither is he totaly untalented. He is able to use his speed-boost ability, and has the ability to air-walk. As well, he's displayed a somewhat more unique ability to stick to solid surfaces via a similar principle.
Connected to this, he has decent skill with creating Quincy artifacts, though he's not a master craftsman as such. Unknown years of practice help.
Dimensional Pockets: Referred to by some as "hammerspace", *Undetermined* has the ability to attach several small dimensional pockets to the inside of any of his garments (almost always his jacket, though he's used the inside of his pants as a "joke" before). He can create a total of 10 of these pockets; each has enough space for a rocket launcher, or perhaps a small, tightly packed tent. Or a large stuffed monkey. Whatever he feels like. Typically they're used to carry his assorted weapons and "tools of the trade". He theorizes this ability is what took the place of greater physical enhancements, energy blasts, and other such things.
Quincy Bow: The iconic form of a Quincy's power. Whereas before his "change", his bow was indistinct, it now takes a very well-defined form, that of a high-tech compound bow (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/classgreenarrow004_edited.jpg). His range seems to be in the neighborhood of 500 feet with full accuracy; beyond that his accuracy takes a sharp dive. His arrows are sharp, and strike with power backed by incredible strength. He's able to form his bow in the space of about a second, though he rarely uses it (or most of his other truly extraordinary abilities) unless facing a "worthy foe".

Equipment:
Guns: *Undetermined* typically carries a couple pairs of pistols, a couple of submachine guns, an assault rifle, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle on his person.
Melee Weapons: *Undetermined* carries a couple of brass knuckles, a blackjack, an aluminum baseball bat, a sledgehammer, and a crowbar (his self-proclaimed "favorite of all time!").
Other tools: He always has a cell phone, as well as a scattering of hand tools, lock picks, and miscellaneous "junk" on his person. Sometimes he seems to have items solely for the purpose of playing a "joke" on someone.
Seele Schneider: *Undetermined* has a Seele Schneider in the shape of a simple white kusarigama (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/KnightDisciple/kusarigama.jpg). It has a purely physical blade; however, the edge can be enhanced with a spirit energy blade as well. The "counterweight" can retract and attach to the handle, making it a simple kama. When fired as an arrow, the weight/chain can be fastened to his belt, and the main blade retracts, while the arrow that springs forth has a cruel hooked head. He seems to carry only one of these. Probably because the end is a-
Ginto: He carries five on his person; all are designed to act as counterweights on his "special weapon". All are designed to let all their stored spiritual energy out in an explosion of power that equals a level-30 hado. However, this explosion is indirect and uncontrolled.

Abilities:
Combat: *Undetermined* has a fluid, chaotic style of fighting that is difficult to predict. He switches between firearms, his fists, and various weapons with alarming frequency and randomness. All with fairly equal proficiency, though he seems to be best at using guns. His skill level is comparable to a well trained member of a modern military service, though not on par with true special forces of any kind.
Other: He can pick physical locks, he can smooth talk a fair number of people, and he can make intricate plans. He's not so good with computers or other bits of recent technology. He's not hopeless, but he's acknowledged he can never get being "basic" as a skill level. He's also a decent driver, though he typically has "his people" do that for him.
Archery: His archery skills are on-par with his other fighting skills.

Allies:
Direct: He has a couple dozen loyal employees, including a personal assistant, a technology consultant, and a trusted physician. The rest are more "hands on" employees, though none are overly dumb or cruel. He prefers to run a tight ship.
Indirect: Much of the crime world.

Frankly, Laughing Oni was going to be my pick. Cackling Storm doesn't sound like a PERSON, per se. Or maybe Cackling Oni?

riccaru
2011-05-21, 03:19 PM
I find it extremely out of place that the Gotei wouldn't even think of questioning Yoshi about what Suzume is saying even though they've been accusing everyone and their brother of consorting with Kujo. One of his loyal followers says that someone was in on it, and no one even blinks.

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-21, 03:29 PM
Frozen: Just a note before a potential ret-con is in order: As far as I am aware, the Commander-General has no/limited say in regards to the trial related to Yuuta's forbidden kido use. To the best of my knowledge, both the 13 and the Corps are two different Hollow fighting organizations under the authority of Central 46.

I had assumed everything up to this point has been a natural progression from his original trespassing offense to the potential threat of working for the the former KC. So, unless my admittedly spotty memory fails me, even if the matter of forbidden kido use may chap the CC's (and perhaps the CC's VC's) backsides, all they can do is wait on C46 to make a ruling once the perp (i.e. Yuuta) has been put into holding.

If my assumptions are mistaken, or not, let me know and I'll resume the scene better informed.

You're assuming Sayuri was telling the whole truth. :smallwink: Why do you think she was sounding guilty? That's because she's skirting the law, and she knows it. She's of course not going to tell Yuuta how she's skirting the law, so he won't get any funny ideas. :smallbiggrin:

We should just resume the scene like most of the OOC debate never happened, seeing that NickLance has assumed control of the opposition. :smallsmile:

Suzume Kimi. Resident psychopath and the person who single handedly destroyed most of minorly inconvenienced two divisions and is now currently held in tenth division awaiting execution. It was a rather sarcastic idea:smalltongue:

Fixed that for you. :smallwink:

Really, it's this kind of overstating character abilities that causes problems. Suzume was a single person, participating in largely unco-ordinated and improvised terrorist assault. She had neither power or equipment to actually achieve anything like that, and that was adressed on several occasions within the narrative.

---

Now, to other things.

Wait, what the heck went over here? I turn my back, and everything blows up. I swear, you lot are worse than my girl scouts. -_-

Forgive me for potentially reopening any cans of worms. I need to vent for a moment. You have the freedom to ignore any and all of it if you want to.

Nay. Even if the timeline thing isn't the level of issue originally thought, the Vizard mask is still a legitimate concern.

Also, it is a truly sad day. The Macho Man Randy Savage is dead.:smallfrown::smallfrown:

Even if the timeline wasn't issue, depending on how it wasn't an issue, there would've been other concerns entirely. And even despite that, Takeshi crossed boundaries with some of those single stunts alone, the combination just made it more egrerious.

Ironically, Takeshi becoming a Vizard wouldn't have been a problem to me at all, given some boundary conditions. Type of being doesn't equal power, power equals power. It's possible for a Vizard to be less powerful than pure Shinigami. As being a Vizard represents corruption of one's Shinigami self, and risks madness and dying, Takeshi would've been one of the beings least capable of benefiting from such transformation.

To paraphrase and restate: I have nothing against more Vizard characters, as long as their actual power stays within boundaries reasonable for their position. In Takeshi's case, that'd been "Captain-level."

Kenpachi killed Arrancars, supposedly superior hybrid beings, without even knowing his sword's name. If that doesn't cut it for you, several of the lieutenants, previously effortlessly pushed aside by then much weaker Ichigo & Co, defeated their supposedly superior hybrid counterparts despite being purely Shinigami and only having Shikais.

Type of being is not power. Despite being advertised as such in canon, it did not hold true even there. I think we should scrap the notion that it does in this game either.

Didn't give it last time. Don't give it this time. I've removed more or less the whole plot so it can be forgotten and ya'll can do what you were doing before. Hope you figure something out to do with Aya.

I find this incredibly insulting. Innis might not be here, but I'll just let rest of you know right here, right now:

Never delete any of your posts for this game if not specifically asked to. Especially if they were previously accepted and integrated into the plot. To do so means earning my eternal ire.

*mumble mumble* ...intellectual property... *mumble mumbe*

It's still blatantly ignoring the writers' wishes... *mumble mumble*

I won't be hearing that. This is a free-for-all collaborative roleplay, hosted on a public forum. To use a metaphor, any toys you bring to this sandbox are not just your own anymore and you shouldn't take them home as such.

Takeshi's story, and the story of the Kido Corps as well Legend of the Thunder Sage were part of Sayuri's, Yuuta's, Aya's and all of Seireitei's story as well. To take those away damages the game worse than just not having the player around, as it mutilates and destroys the narrative. For one player to do that is incredibly selfish and disrespectful. It's like blowing apart parts of a sand castle not just you, but all of your friends built.

In my experience, being able to delete (or even irreversably edit) your own posts is not possible on many forums. It's, in essence, a privilege for the ordinary poster. What Innis did is horrible misuse of that privilege, and makes me understand better why not all forums allow that feature.

Innis deleted his posts, speaking as if the whole plot would better be "forgotten". That's absolutely false. He did not even wait to hear my opinion on it, despite the plot being fundamental to one of my characters, and that enrages me.

Wahrheit
2011-05-21, 03:51 PM
Holy schniekies, I step away for a few days and come back to find the place in flames! Seriously? Oy vey.

Anyway, I'm currently setting up for Episode 9, which is going to be Magatsu's training trip. Rex will be reappearing in the mortal world, the delightfully fuzzy Shou is returning to action, and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Kougaji/z4dd8256c63e26.gif

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-21, 03:56 PM
@Hirokatsu: Since Genoveva was stated to have been missing "for several days" upon Cuerva's nomination as Primera, would it be possible you switched "Day 9" in Yaago's post to some later date? Just day 11 or so would do, and would not create any schism with the flow of events. Thanks. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Back on a previous topic a bit, since it was left a bit unclear: we are continuing from the point Innis left us at, right? It really isn't worth it to try and retcon what Takeshi did prior to Innis bailing again. Save for whatever "behind the curtain" retcons NickLance et co might be doing, all things so continue as normal, correct?

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 04:25 PM
Nick and Riccaru would know better than me, but it looks like that's the case.

strawberryman
2011-05-21, 04:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Kougaji/z4dd8256c63e26.gif

*stares in awe and partial terror*

...Where did you get that? >_>

Wahrheit
2011-05-21, 04:38 PM
*stares in awe and partial terror*

...Where did you get that? >_>

Free sparkle text generator via google, then saved it as a gif. If only I had the Photobucket bandwidth to make all of Cha-Cha's text like that... I may use it for her dramatic proclamations, though.

Draken
2011-05-21, 04:40 PM
I would have to put you on ignore if you made all of a character's text like that. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2011-05-21, 04:54 PM
It does look like we're continuing it, although I have been a bit too sad about seeing Innis leave to answer to Nicklance's post. :smallfrown:

Hope that wasn't a problem, I promise I will be more cheery and posty tomorrow! :smallsmile:

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 05:00 PM
Keveak, I share your upset about Innis leaving.

Draken, Warheit, strawberryman and Keveak... could I ask you to have a look at Hikaru and point out your thoughts?

Draken
2011-05-21, 05:07 PM

Draken, Warheit, strawberryman and Keveak... could I ask you to have a look at Hikaru and point out your thoughts?

Sheet checked and approved.

Wahrheit
2011-05-21, 05:10 PM
Tremble, mortals, as Cha-Cha has come to sing the song that will... I dunno, sparkle or something. She's really too cheerful to be normally threatening.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-05-21, 05:30 PM
You're assuming Sayuri was telling the whole truth. :smallwink: Why do you think she was sounding guilty? That's because she's skirting the law, and she knows it. She's of course not going to tell Yuuta how she's skirting the law, so he won't get any funny ideas. :smallbiggrin:

We should just resume the scene like most of the OOC debate never happened, seeing that NickLance has assumed control of the opposition. :smallsmile:

Given that I have already said what I will in regards to the whole Innis thing...

-you cheeky bugger! Out of character, I now have even more incentive to feel that Yuuta was right to have come to Sayuri first. Of course, Yuuta should know how the chain works. So it would appear that the pair would have acquired an unspoken understanding from just her one statement alone. This is great because it turns the whole subtext of this dialogue into a discussion of terms based upon a very uneasy truce for the sake of the Corps.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 05:42 PM
It does look like we're continuing it, although I have been a bit too sad about seeing Innis leave to answer to Nicklance's post. :smallfrown:

Hope that wasn't a problem, I promise I will be more cheery and posty tomorrow! :smallsmile:

No worries. Let us just move on alright? :smallbiggrin:

Ammutseba
2011-05-21, 05:55 PM
Marvelous. It seems the only thing left to do is to go play.

Before I post, does anyone want to start a particular arc or have an idea in mind?

Wahrheit
2011-05-21, 06:05 PM
No specific ideas, though Cha-Cha is likely to start some trouble in the near future.

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 06:10 PM
Marvelous. It seems the only thing left to do is to go play.

Before I post, does anyone want to start a particular arc or have an idea in mind?

Man if only that sake your character produces is special. Aya might visit. :smallbiggrin:

No specific ideas, though Cha-Cha is likely to start some trouble in the near future.

I'll just need to give my antagonist character a complete write up and then we can interact.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-21, 06:13 PM

Looks good to me, I do wonder a bit about the spirit of the zanpakutou but that's not really a problem with the character. ^_^

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 06:34 PM
I'll wait for me Captain to recover and I'll get me own training thread too. *squeee!!*

Kasanip
2011-05-21, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the extended explanation, Kasanip. So, I was incorrect to infer that each card was keyed to a specific Kido. Please let me know whether this summary is more correct:

-Kaki knows at least 48 Kido
-For each of these Kido, she has identified at least one Hanafuda card that can be associated with it
-Using such a Hanafuda card, she can create a modified form of the Kido
-One Hanafuda card can be used with multiple basic Kido techniques
-One basic Kido technique can be modified by multiple Hanafuda cards, so long as the association still makes sense.

Is that more what you are stating?

Yes, thank you for making it easier to understand. :smallsmile: I hope it is still ok for approval. I want to try more creative use of Kido.

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-21, 06:53 PM
-you cheeky bugger! Out of character, I now have even more incentive to feel that Yuuta was right to have come to Sayuri first. Of course, Yuuta should know how the chain works. So it would appear that the pair would have acquired an unspoken understanding from just her one statement alone. This is great because it turns the whole subtext of this dialogue into a discussion of terms based upon a very uneasy truce for the sake of the Corps.

Heh. Note, I edited my last post to include Sayuri's response. Didn't want to leave you waiting.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-21, 06:59 PM
I have no issue with either Kaki (for Kasanip) or Hikaru (for Drammor).

I've been mostly absent today due to it being gaming night.

Sucrose
2011-05-21, 10:06 PM
Yes, thank you for making it easier to understand. :smallsmile: I hope it is still ok for approval. I want to try more creative use of Kido.

Certainly no issues here. And I don't think I made it any easier to understand than you did in your last post. Just used an old customer service technique, to make sure that I understand what's going on.

strawberryman
2011-05-21, 10:23 PM
Hikaru and Kaki look fine to me.

*gives stamp of approval*

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 11:10 PM
Keeper of Chronicles is up.

strawberryman
2011-05-21, 11:26 PM
Also we need a new thread. Any suggestions on a name? :smalltongue:

Nicklance
2011-05-21, 11:32 PM
Also we need a new thread. Any suggestions on a name? :smalltongue:

"Dun Dun DUNNNNN"

strawberryman
2011-05-22, 12:04 AM
Here we go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11041669)