PDA

View Full Version : So, you want to be a Pathfinder - IC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Bhaakon
2012-05-25, 06:37 AM
I thought I was the bald one. Everything makes much more sense now.

"I was always taught that there's a time for subtlety, and time cleave the problem in front of you in twain. I believe this is a fine example of the later." The dwarf says with gusto, as he pulls has axe back for another blow.

Attack ACO 1732

atk: [roll] 1d20+5 edit: rolled 23 OOC
dmg: [roll]1d8+4 edit: rolled 9 OOC

Fuzzies
2012-05-28, 07:36 AM
Lisane averted her eyes, and thus avoided the worst of whatever spell the khaasta had thrown at them. Blinking away tears, she sent a backhand blow at the creature nearest her.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

If my attack drops the one nearest us, move to ACM/-1733 to give Torven a charge path.

Stormwind
2012-05-28, 09:23 AM
Not sure what happened to my last post, but hopefully this includes what I had there.

Elaine, averting her eyes from the golden ball of light, takes a two handed grip on her glaive and strikes.

(Not 100% sure of map and where everyone is)
(So if necessary Elaine will move up towards whoever is nearest so that they are in range of her glaive [10ft])
Attack vs (target): [roll0], damage: [roll1]

(If the target then provokes) AoO vs (target): [roll2], damage: [roll3]

Firebeard
2012-05-29, 08:16 AM
Torven IS the bald one....unless you have a better icon/description for me.

Lisane's blow, though it missed, was enough to distract the khaasta enough for Elaine to pound it into the ground. Torven, his way open at last, rushed past the ranger, nearly knocking her to the floor, and drove his blade into the last remaining khaasta. The creature hissed in pain as it fell to the ground, quite dead.

In the aftermath of the battle, a pair of doorways on the opposite sides of the hallway, just at the edge of Arthur's light, were visible. It seemed likely that the khaasta emerged from these, though non of you saw exactly where they came from.

Congratulations! 400XP to everyone.

Each of the khaasta is carrying a shortsword and leather armor. In addition, you find 300g in mixed coins, 6 gems, 2 vials of alchemist fire, 2 vials of acid, and a ruby and silver necklace.

stack
2012-05-29, 08:48 AM
Arthur finally blinks away the searing after-image from the spell, sheepishly noting the others dealt with the creatures faster than he could regain his sight. "I don't suppose anything they carried bears enchantment? Let me look."

detect magic on the loot, just in case

Firebeard
2012-05-29, 09:04 AM
@stack

The ruby and silver necklace glows with a faint aura

stack
2012-05-29, 09:40 AM
"Oh, this gem and the necklace have something...give me a moment to look." He brings his light closer to inspect them.

spellcraft
gem [roll0]
necklace [roll1]

Firebeard
2012-05-29, 09:49 AM
@Arthur

you cannot discern the properties of the item. Maybe Arwen or Torven can help you?

stack
2012-05-29, 10:40 AM
He shrugs, disappointed, and holds the items out. "Can't quite get it. Rather not spend a spell just yet. If I have any strength left at the end of the day I can try to figure things out then, if no one else can before that." He looks to Arwen, unsure of Torven's abilities.

Fuzzies
2012-05-29, 10:58 AM
Lisane cleaned her blade before stripping the valuables from the khaasta. There was a goodly amount of gems and gold, but no special keys or anything indicating they were guarding any kind of repository. "What shall we do with their equipment? Pile it against a wall and come back for it later?"

Bhaakon
2012-05-29, 09:18 PM
"I can mix something up to help with analyzing the dweomers, but I'd rather wait as well." Says the dwarf as he eyes the necklace and gem in question. "If this ziggurat is as packed with those lizard things as the entrance, then we'll probably need that extra infusion and more."

Not wanting the blood-stained armor to stink up his haversack, Torven nods at Lisane's suggestion and helps pile the heavier loot against the wall

Stormwind
2012-05-30, 04:26 AM
Elaine takes a piece of linen cloth from her pack and cleans both glaive and gauntlet, adding a dab of oil to polish and clean the metal.

Helping with the armor and weapons, she too piles them beside the porticulus. She then waits for the others to proceed, once again taking up the rear guard position.

Airanath
2012-05-30, 04:29 AM
"Give me a moment, my eyes are still burning from whatever that thing was." Arwen complains again as he washes his eyes with some water from his waterskin.
"Okay, let me try it, hopefully this burning sensation in my eyes won't mess up my readings." saying that, he chants the words to attune his sight to magic, so he can try to discern any magical properties on the gem and necklace Arthur is holding.

Spellcraft:
Gem:[roll0]
Necklace:[roll1]

Firebeard
2012-05-30, 07:21 AM
@Arwen

You recognize the auras of the necklace as one that helps with negotiations and improves the attitudes of others.

It is an Amulet of Good Service (+2 diplomacy)

Airanath
2012-05-30, 07:39 AM
"This necklace... it might suit you Arthur." Arwen points out the arcane weaving to his frind. "Thus it helps with negotiations and dealing with people. You are as far as I know the besr at this among us. We might also be able to find a noble whose relationship is souring, they would love this."

stack
2012-05-30, 07:50 AM
Arthur puts the necklace on. "Well, I don't think we'll need it down here, but I'm sure it will come in handy at some point. I guess we should press on and figure out the other item later. I guess we ought to move on. Left door?"

Firebeard
2012-05-30, 09:19 AM
Lisane looked into the left room, ready to draw bazck if there was any sign of trouble. Instead, what she saw was a guard room, complete with chairs and a table with a partially eaten meal on it. the room across the hallway looked to be more of the same, with a rack of spears lined against one wall. Neither had anything of particular interest in it.

The hallway led another 30 feet beyond the guardrooms before turning to the left. After the turn, the hallway led straight, beyond Arthur's light or the darkvision of Torven. On one side of the hallway were a couple of wooden doors. A scratching sound came from the far end of the hallway, beyond your sight.

Actions and marching order?

Stormwind
2012-05-30, 10:25 AM
Leading off down the hallway, alongside Lisane, Elaine listens carefully at each of the two wooden doors, and then as she hears the scratching sounds at the end of the hallway she holds her glaive ready and listens again.

Perception(listen at the two wooden doors): [roll0]
Perception(listen to the scratching sound): [roll1]
Readied attack: [roll2], damage: [roll3]
AoO #1: [roll4], damage: [roll5] (if needed)
AoO #2: [roll6], damage: [roll7] (if needed)
AoO #3: [roll8], damage: [roll9] (if needed)

Fuzzies
2012-05-30, 11:12 AM
Lisane walks beside Elaine, also pausing to listen to the doors and the sounds from ahead. She holds Alrathien ready to attack, but wondered if she should switch to her bow instead.

Perception at doors [roll0]
Perception ahead [roll1]
readied attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Bhaakon
2012-05-30, 05:23 PM
Torven moves in behind the front liners and loads his crossbow. "Maybe you can use one of your illumination spells on this bolt," Torven mumbles to Arthur, "and we can cast some light on the situation."

stack
2012-05-30, 07:24 PM
Arthur nods, his finger causing the bolt to shed light as his stone's is extinguished.

Bhaakon
2012-05-31, 02:10 AM
Torven looses the bolt, sending the glowing missile down the passage in the direction of the odd noise.

Firebeard
2012-05-31, 07:52 AM
The crossbow bolt streaked down the hallway, illuminating the bricks as it passed. It slammed into the wall at the far end, about 100 feet away, and revealed a sixth khaasta scrabbling at something on the wall. It turned and hissed at you , then yanked its hand down.

The illumination was partially blocked by a cloud of something moving towards you at great speed. You barely have time to duck or shield your face before the flying cloud of darts hit home.

Lisane takes [roll0] damage
Elaine takes [roll1] damage
Arthur takes [roll2] damage
Arwen takes [roll3] damage
Torven takes [roll4] damage

Ref DC14 for half damage

Stormwind
2012-05-31, 08:31 AM
Elaine tries to dodge the cloud of darts by throwing herself back against the wall. Unfortunately, in doing so she inadvertantly puts herself in the path of a concentrated bunch of the small missiles
Reflex vs DC14: [roll0]

Fuzzies
2012-05-31, 08:56 AM
"Oh crap! Get down!" said Lisane as she recognized the cloud for what it was. She dropped flat to the floor in an attempt to avoid the missiles.

Reflex [roll0]

stack
2012-05-31, 08:57 AM
Arthur feels something wrong even before the bolt ends its flight. "We really should..." Before he can finish his sentence, he impulsively ducts down, Elaine's armor (and body) sheltering him from the worst of the barrage.

[roll0] hurrah for sidestep secret!

Bhaakon
2012-05-31, 05:29 PM
Torven throws himself flat against the nearest wall, instinctively using the stock of his crossbow to shield his face from the mass of darts.

[roll0]

Airanath
2012-05-31, 07:17 PM
[roll0]
Editing actions based on test.
Arwen almost didn't have time to react, ducking on the nick of time, barely avoiding taking the volley straight on his face.

Firebeard
2012-06-02, 06:42 AM
The cloud of darts was painful, but almost everyone managed to get out o the way of the majority. Elaine felt the sting more than any other, but she shook it off and stared down the corridor. About 80 feet away, illuminated byt he glowing crossbow bolt, stood the remaining khaasta. It looked surprised that you were still standing after the cloud of missiles, and was scrabbling at the scimitar on its belt.

No map at the moment. The thing is 80 feet away, corridor is 10 feet wide. Have at him.

Round 1 initiatives:

party
Khaasta

Stormwind
2012-06-02, 08:08 AM
Elaine moves down the hallway, and then charges the remaining creature.Round 1
Double move toward creature

Round 2
Charge vs creature: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Fuzzies
2012-06-02, 08:17 AM
Lisane sheathed Alrathien and drew her bow. A pair of Arrows found her hand and she sent them winging on her way before dropping her bow and preparing to charge again.

Rapid shot [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Rapid shot [roll2]
damage [roll3]

stack
2012-06-02, 09:35 AM
Arthur followed behind Elaine, ready to cover her flank. Odds are we won't get there before Lisane and Arwen's arrows do. Just as well, running with darts stuck in you does not feel all that great.

first round, follow right behind Elaine, second depends on events

Airanath
2012-06-02, 10:04 AM
Arwen draws his bow, and shots once, a bit stiff from the stings of the darts that hit him.

I need to get Quick Draw, maybe quick draw crystals =p
Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Subtract 1 from damage if more than 1 minute elapsed since my first action last fight.

Bhaakon
2012-06-02, 02:08 PM
Torven doesn't waste any time in reloading and firing his crossbow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Firebeard
2012-06-04, 07:49 AM
Lisane's and Torven's arrows fly wide as Elaine barreled down the hallway, Arthur right behind her. Arwen, taking his time and ignoring the bouncing, flickering lights, sent an arrow flying to take the creature in the chest. It sagged for a moment, and then Elaine was upon it. Her glaive ripped the creature's chest open and sent it sprawling to the ground, blood splashing on the stone walls and floor.

Beside the khaasta is a set of large stone doors with intricate runes on them. There are handles to push the door open, but no obvious key or lock, though the doors resist all attempts to open them. Back along the hall are two wooden doors, leading off to the left, both closed and locked.

stack
2012-06-04, 11:34 AM
Arthur studies the runes intently, straining to find their meaning. "Torven, do these look like anything you've come across so far? Lisane, do you think there may be more darts around?"

Need that one SP in linguistics again! Who thought it would be a useful skill? Just need it trained so I can add the +20 bonus from focused trance. Wish I could go back to level-up time.

Detect magic on the door/runes.

Firebeard
2012-06-05, 07:38 AM
@Arthur

No magic on the doors, though it seems that there should be. Perhaps an ancient spell that no longer has a detectable aura? Or maybe just your imaginings?

@Lisane(or anyone) Perception DC15

There is a set of holes in the wall where the lizardman was fumbling, obviously launching tubes for the cloud of darts that hit you. The lizardman was activating the trigger manually, though there is evidence that it was originally hooked to a pressure plate somewhere down the hallway.

stack
2012-06-05, 08:13 AM
"No magic I can see. I suppose we ought open it then."

perception [roll0]

Stormwind
2012-06-05, 08:49 AM
Elaine quietly cleans the blood and gore from her glaive as she keeps an eye on their surroundings. The runes intrigue her and she studies them for a few moments to see if she can determine anything about their origin.
Perception: [roll0]

Firebeard
2012-06-05, 09:04 AM
Lisane studied the wall where the darts came from before turning her attention to the door. "Is there any sign of a lock? Or do we just try and batter it down? I'd like to check out those wooden doors back there before we go on, in any case."

Perception on the wall [roll0]
Perception on the door [roll1]

Posting for Lisane.

Edit: Oops, she just posted in the OOC thread.

Fuzzies
2012-06-05, 09:06 AM
Give me a minute to post, will ya? :smalltongue:

Seriously though, my internet is spotty as all get out for the forseeable future. I may have Firebeard post for me via text message if I can't get online. Sorry all :smallmad:

stack
2012-06-05, 09:52 AM
Arthur shrugs. "Maybe the other doors will reveal a way to open these. Rather not go bashing things that are this old if we don't have to. Besides, there could be more traps, and there certainly are more guards, so its best to be careful."

Bhaakon
2012-06-05, 11:21 AM
"Aye, it could take hours or days to chip our way through them, even if they they aren't enchanted," says Torven. "At least I can see the locks on these other doors."

check the left wooden door (assuming there is a left one, if not, whichever is closest to the stone doors) for traps, then use disable device to unlock it if none are found:

perception: [roll0]
DD: [roll1]

Firebeard
2012-06-05, 12:13 PM
The first door opened into what appeared to be a storeroom for broken furniture and crates. There were piles of busted wood, rotting scraps of cloth, and not a few bones. Most of these appeared to be from large rodents, nearly dog-sized. Nothing moved in the trash, though.

The second wooden door was apparently closing off more of the same. In this room, though, there were a number of weapons, mostly broken or rusted or both. There was also a pile of feces on one side. Apparently the khaasta used this as the latrine. And you found it. Lucky you.

Back at the door, Torven and Lisane scoured every inch, looking for traps and a keyhole. It took more than five minutes, but finally the dwarf found a golden rune that slid sideways to reveal a small square hole.

stack
2012-06-05, 12:33 PM
"Did any of the guard bear anything that might fit in that hole? I'd rather not dig through the latrine looking for a hidden key, if we can avoid it." I can still smell the sewer in my nightmares, I don't need that bringing it back.

Bhaakon
2012-06-05, 09:10 PM
Torven stares at the square hole for a second, before making a connection and turning to Arthur. "Back at the entrance, you mentioned a cube..." he trails off, extending a hand expectantly.

Fuzzies
2012-06-06, 08:09 AM
"The ring! The salamander ring we found in the necropolis. It's got to be the key for this door."

Firebeard
2012-06-07, 07:45 AM
Arthur pulled the ring from a pouch and slotted the cube into the hole on the door. A light glow escaped around the edges of the ring and a deep ker-chunk could be heard within the door. A light shower of dust trickled down from the top of the door and put a slight cloud in the air that quickly dissipated as the door opened a crack. Light peeked out from inside the room, washing the hallway in a yellow-orange luminescence.

Stormwind
2012-06-07, 08:43 AM
Elaine stands just behind Arthur, ready to move up as the door opens.

stack
2012-06-07, 08:51 AM
Alexander Arthur peers into the room, hopeful that they have already reached the contents of the long-forgotten vault. His morningstar touches the ground, loose in his hand.

Firebeard
2012-06-07, 09:09 AM
@Alexander
I think you and Arthur magically traded places. Would you mind sending him back? We are kind of fond of having him around

Through the crack you can see a large room, nearly 60 feet high and 100 feet square, that appears mostly empty. A small section of the far wall has another wooden door and what appears to be shelves on it. The light is coming from a set of torches about 40 feet up. Though they radiate light, they do not seem to be letting off smoke or soot from their flames.

stack
2012-06-07, 09:54 AM
Arthur starts to step into the room before remembering himself and allowing Lisane to check for traps. That was close, almost let my curiosity get away from me. This isn't the library, we have to be careful.

Once it is clear, he will inspect any contents of the shelves after scanning the room for magic.

Fuzzies
2012-06-08, 10:17 AM
After checking for traps and pushing the door open farther, Lisane joined Arthur in examing the room. She held her sword ready, in case of any further dangers, but the room itself held most of her attention.

Bhaakon
2012-06-08, 05:34 PM
Torven follows the others, keen to check the shelves on the far wall. "I was expecting more of, well, something." He huff. "But if it's been looted, then why was the door intact?"

Firebeard
2012-06-09, 07:18 AM
The shelves actually line the entire room, and are about 30 feet high. On the shelves are bits of artifacts, scrolls, ancient weaponry, and glass orbs. On the same wall you entered is another wooden door, similar to the one you can see directly across from you. What dominates the room, though, is a pair of massive stone doors, 30 feet high, leading off to the south. The doors are covered in ancient runes, similar to the doorway you just entered, and are banded with heavy iron straps.

The overall impact of the room should be massive. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post this until you had already walked in and started poking around. There are 4 exits from the room: the one you came in through, the wooden door on your wall, the wooden door on the wall directly opposite where you came in,and the massive stone doors.

Airanath
2012-06-10, 11:04 PM
Arwen walks inside, taking in everything, he chants the words and attunes himself to magic again, looking at the shelves trying to figure out if any of the ancient items or scrolls were ever finished.
"Doesn't sound this is storage area of a vault... unless they kept everything in parts to avoid looters getting out with useful stuff."

stack
2012-06-11, 07:23 AM
Arthur studies the fragments for any sign of magic before stepping back and looking at the other doors. "Well, the big ones are likely the important ones. Question is, do we try those first, or sweep the rest? Might be something useful in the others. Or more latrines. Which are useful in their own right, but not for what meant. You know. Anyway, there could be some kind of controls, or guards or who knows what that we could deal with before trying the big obvious doors that likely protect the artifacts in the repository."

Firebeard
2012-06-11, 02:06 PM
With everyone milling about and looking at the various items, it is impossible to tell who triggered the trap. But someone did, because around the room, decorative sarcophagi split open to reveal skeletal figures, each holding a greatsword and wearing ancient armor. The figures stepped out of their resting places and held the swords at the ready.

Initiative rolls
Arwen (1d20+6)[20]
Arthur (1d20-1)[5]
Lisane (1d20+4)[15]
Elaine (1d20+2)[19]
Torven (1d20+1)[9]
Monsters (1d20+3)[8]

round 1 Initiatives...

Arwen [20]
Elaine [19]
Lisane [15]
Torven [9]
Monsters [8]
Arthur [5]

Here's the map! (http://bradgrinstead.com/Pathfinders/temple2a.png)

Bhaakon
2012-06-11, 05:47 PM
Torven draws his axe with his right hand, and slips a small vial from hisbelt with his left. The air in front of him shifts slightly as he gulps down the extract, pushed aside by a invisible shield of magical force.

move action to draw axe, standard to use shield extract

Airanath
2012-06-12, 04:47 AM
Arwen drops whatever he picked up while looking around, hoping it would undo the trap, when it doesn't, he quickly draws his bow and mutters the arcane words to increase the force of his arrows.

Move Action: Draw Bow
Standard: Cast Gravity Bow

Fuzzies
2012-06-12, 07:40 AM
"Everyone, defensive huddle! Elaine will handle anything from the rear of the group, Torven hold off the front, and I'll pick off anything from the sides and help out where needed." That said, Lisane lifted Alrathien and charged the skeleton nearest them, hoping to break through it early and swing back to help the others.

Charge ADC/-1743, PA [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Stormwind
2012-06-12, 08:33 AM
Elaine takes two steps back towards the door and with her glaive spinning in her hands, she attacks the skeletal creature against the north wall.
Move to (ADA,-1740)
Attack vs (ACY,-1740): [roll0], damage: [roll1] (confirm: [roll2], damage: [roll3])

And just in case:
AoO vs provoker: [roll4], damage: [roll5] (confirm: [roll6], damage: [roll7])
AoO vs provoker: [roll8], damage: [roll9] (confirm: [roll10], damage: [roll11])
AoO vs provoker: [roll12], damage: [roll13] (confirm: [roll14], damage: [roll15])

Firebeard
2012-06-13, 02:16 PM
The skeletons converged with obstinate slowness. Elaine's glaive ripped the head from one and sent it clattering across the stone floor. Lisane's blow landed, but was turned slightly by the armor and bone of the creature. It lashed out in return, but failed to connect. The rest mauled at the others with their greatswords, but only Torven was hit. Arthur lashed out at the skeleton in front of him with his morningstar, managing to knock its jawbone off.

Torven takes 10 points of damage.

round 1 Initiatives...

Arwen [20]
Elaine [19]
Lisane [15]
Torven [9]
Monsters [8]
Arthur [5]

Here's the map! (http://bradgrinstead.com/Pathfinders/temple2b.png)

Bhaakon
2012-06-13, 05:25 PM
Torven bites back a curse, not wanting the other to see how badly that hit has hurt him, and backs up a step, surreptitiously drawing a downing another extract.

5-ft step to ADC, -1734; standard to use Cure Light Wounds

[roll0] HP healed

Stormwind
2012-06-14, 04:04 AM
Her first foe dispatched, Elaine moves forward to stand between Arthur and Arwen, her glaive snaking out past Arthur to attack the skeleton attacking him.
Move to (ADB,-1736)
Attack vs (ACZ,-1735): [roll0], damage: [roll1] (confirm: [roll2], damage: [roll3])

And just in case any skeletons want to move within her range :smallwink: :
AoO vs provoker: [roll4], damage: [roll5] (confirm: [roll6], damage: [roll7])
AoO vs provoker: [roll8], damage: [roll9] (confirm: [roll10], damage: [roll11])
AoO vs provoker: [roll12], damage: [roll13] (confirm: [roll14], damage: [roll15])

stack
2012-06-14, 07:24 AM
Arthur steps to the side, clearing a path for Elaine to charge the other skeleton should he destroy the one he attacks, morningstar swinging high. More undead. Can't control the minds of those that have none.

5' step to ACZ -1736
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Airanath
2012-06-14, 10:21 PM
Arwen sidesteps out of the skeleton's reach, and draws his bow, using one of the ball headed arrows he bought for these situations.
"Guess a bit of foretought does pay off"

He shots once at the skeleton that was hitting him, and quickly turns around, shotting once at the only undead still not engaged, hoping to at least draw its attention, as the dwarf is already swarmed as is.

5 Feet step to ADC -1734
Full attack: Rapid Shotting (-2 to attacks); Bow damaged increased by gravity bow.
Attack1 : [roll0] Damage[roll1]
Attack2 : [roll2] Damage[roll3]

Fuzzies
2012-06-15, 06:30 AM
Lisane slammed her sword down on her opponent once again, trying to crush the thing down with her heavy blade so that she could go help her companions.

PA [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Firebeard
2012-06-15, 07:37 AM
Arwen's first shot merely staggered his original opponent, but the blunt head of his second arrow staved in another's rib cage, send a pile of bones and armor to the ground. Elaine and Arthur crushed a second skeleton, and the woman's glaive whirled around, ready for the next attack. Lisane's blow flew wide as the skeleton parried, and its greatsword raked a bloody furrow down the inside of her arm. She managed to keep hold of the blade, but the pain was immense. The others managed to avoid taking damage, either through their armor, or parries of their own.

Lisane takes 11 damage.

round 3 Initiatives...

Arwen [20]
Elaine [19]
Lisane [15]
Torven [9]
Monsters [8]
Arthur [5]

Here's the map! (http://bradgrinstead.com/Pathfinders/temple2c.png)

stack
2012-06-15, 08:12 AM
Seeing Lisane's nasty wound, Arthur steps away from the ruined skeleton at his feet and moves to her side, taking a hand off his weapon to lay on her arm, quickly knitting the wound. "Just a scratch. Just a lucky hit, we've dealt with much nastier walking corpses." Which is very true. Never thought I'd get to say that.

ABD -1741, CLW on Lisane [roll0]

I would use celestial healing for more consistent healing, but its less useful mid-fight. He also doesn't have time to draw the wand (haunted curse).

Bhaakon
2012-06-15, 06:26 PM
With an angry growl, Torven hefts his axe in both hands and brings it down on the nearest skeleton in an overhand chop.

attack ADC 1735

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stormwind
2012-06-18, 01:29 AM
Taking a step forward to stand beside the dwarf and the elf, Elaine's glaive strikes over Arwen's right shoulder to attack the skeletal creature there.
Move to (ADB,-1735)
Attack vs (ADD,-1733): [roll0], damage: [roll1] (confirm: [roll2], damage: [roll3])

I won't add the AoO's at this point as I figure they are unlikely to be needed :smallwink:

Fuzzies
2012-06-18, 07:49 AM
Growling at the frustrations of not being able to hurt her bony opponent, Lisane switched stances to Rolling Stone and ducked under the skeleton's greatsword. Pivoting her body, she swung at its knees instead, intending to topple the creature to the ground and free herself to go help the others

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

If he falls, move to ADD/-1736, avoiding the AoO

Edit: aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!

Airanath
2012-06-18, 05:04 PM
Arwen jumps back, trying to overcome the skeleton's blows with speed. Still in the air and moving, he draws his bow for another shot at one of the skeletons he just left behind, firing as soon as he stops.

Move Action: Move to ADG -1734
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: [roll0] Vs. CMD
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: [roll1] Vs. CMD
In the order I pass the 2 threatening skeletons. +2 Bonus on the skells CMD since there are 2 enemies to avoid.
Standard Action: Attack with Deadly Aim(-1 to attacks this round, +2 damage).
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Side note: I seem to have lost my password for dndsheets >.>

Firebeard
2012-06-19, 08:00 AM
In a series of mishaps and missed chances, your blows are mostly ineffective. Lisane's sweep at her foe's legs is stopped in midswing as the skeleton slammed the pommel of its greatsword down onto her head, nearly causing her to black out. Arwen's spinning run kept him out of range of both of his foes as he moved back for a clear shot, but one of the skeleton's snagged his cloak and pressed in close, inhibiting his fire. Torven's blow landed solidly, but his his opponent landed a blow of its own, nearly ripping the axe from the dwarf's hand. Elaine's heavy blade bounce off a rib, shattering it, but not doing much damage as her opponent drove its blade into her left leg.

Lisane takes 12 damage

Elaine takes 9 damage

Torven takes 10 damage

round 4 Initiatives...

Arwen [20]
Elaine [19]
Lisane [15]
Torven [9]
Monsters [8]
Arthur [5]

Here's the map! (http://bradgrinstead.com/Pathfinders/temple2d.png)

stack
2012-06-19, 08:22 AM
Arthur decides removing the threat would be more effective than healing wounds, his friends taking hits faster than he can react, so he takes a swing with his morningstar, trying to free Lisane to aid the others.

5' step left, ABD -1742
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Stormwind
2012-06-19, 09:04 AM
Hurting, Elaine takes a step back, calling out to Torven "Withdraw beside me if you need to" and then Elaine's glaive strikes down in an overhand chop at the skeletal creature who struck her.
5ft step to (ADA,-1736)
Attack vs (ADC,-1736): [roll0], damage: [roll1] (confirm: [roll2], damage: [roll3])

Note- I've been forgetting the extra damage from overhand chop (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/two-handed-fighter). It's now included.

AoO's if needed:
AoO vs target: [roll4], damage: [roll5] (confirm: [roll6], damage: [roll7])
AoO vs target: [roll8], damage: [roll9] (confirm: [roll10], damage: [roll11])
AoO vs target: [roll12], damage: [roll13] (confirm: [roll14], damage: [roll15])

Fuzzies
2012-06-19, 12:23 PM
2 possible paths

option 1:

If Arthur kills my target, I'll charge to ADD/-1737 to get flanking bonus

attack, PA [roll0]
damage [roll1]

option2:

If not, attack my original target again
attack, PA [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Bhaakon
2012-06-19, 06:10 PM
"OOF" grunts the dwarf. "That hurt, you bony wretch!"

attack ADC -1735 w/ battle axe, 2-handed

[roll]1d20+5[/toll] edit: Rolled 18 OOC
[roll0]

if it falls, move to ADE 1734 to set up a flank. If not, no move.

Airanath
2012-06-20, 07:14 AM
Arwen pulls his cloak, as he attempts to step away from the skeleton. A ripping sound can clearly be heard when the elf is successful.
"Damn thing! This cloak was almost new, my cousin wore it for only 5 years." The elf complains annoyed, shotting at the skeleton before it has time to close and hit him.

5 feet step away from the skeleton.
Rapid Shot:
Attack 1: Damage: [roll/2d6+3 Damage 1: (2d6+3)[10]
Attack 2: Damage: [roll/2d6+3 Damage 2: (2d6+3)[11]
If it goes down in the first shot, Arwen fires the second arrow at the sekeleton fighting the dwarf.

Airanath
2012-06-20, 07:16 AM
Arwen pulls his cloak, as he attempts to step away from the skeleton. A ripping sound can clearly be heard when the elf is successful.
Damn thing! This cloak was almost new, my cousin wore it for only 5 years. The elf complains annoyed, shotting at the skeleton before it has time to close and hit him.

5 feet step away from the skeleton.
Rapid Shot:
Attack 1: Damage: [roll/2d6+3
Attack 2: Damage: [roll/2d6+3
If it goes down in the first shot, Arwen fires the second arrow at the sekeleton fighting the dwarf.

Firebeard
2012-06-20, 07:49 AM
In a series of coordinated attacks, Arthur managed to fell Lisane's opponent, freeing her up to charge to Elaine's. The great curve blade sheared off an arm and half a ribcage of her newest opponent, though the skeleton continued to fight on. It lashed out at her with the greatsword, surprising the elf, who had thought she had rendered the thing incapable. The blade tore open Lisane's thigh and she felt a torrent of warm wetness soaking her leg.

Elaine's attack followed almost immediately on Lisane's and aimed at the same location. The glaive passed through empty air where a skeletal arm had been only moments before. She called out to Torven, who was trading hefty blows with his foe, but the dwarf didn't hear her.

Arwen managed to fell his opponent, the unwieldy blunt tipped arrows chipping away at the creature until the necromantic magic animating the bones had been spent.

Lisane takes 10 damage

Torven takes 7 damage

round 5 Initiatives...

Arwen [20]
Elaine [19]
Lisane [15]
Torven [9]
Monsters [8]
Arthur [5]

Here's the map! (http://bradgrinstead.com/Pathfinders/temple2e.png)

stack
2012-06-20, 12:05 PM
Arthur turns and follows Lisane, charging the damaged skeleton. "All the wounded stay back, let the healthy take their blows. There's only two left, no unnecessary risks."
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

AC 15 (from charge) HP 18/22

Bhaakon
2012-06-20, 04:09 PM
Torven staggers under the latest blow and step back. "Should have used the warhammer," he mutters as he makes a guarded retreat.

Seriously, forgot I even had it.

Withdraw action to ACY 1739, obviously avoiding the threatened area of the other skeleton.

Airanath
2012-06-20, 04:55 PM
Arwen fires at the skeleton as he sees Torwen attempting to disengage.

Deadly Aim (-1 atk, +2 dmg)
Attack: [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Fuzzies
2012-06-21, 08:09 AM
Lisane, bleeding heavily from multiple wounds, dimly heard Athur's advice as she flailed away at the skeleton in front of her. She saw Arthur slide up beside her and whack her target, saw the bone chips fly and decided that she would heed his advice. Stepping back from the skeleton, she readied her blade to strike if it followed.

5' step away, ready action to strike if the skeleton steps into range

Firebeard
2012-06-21, 09:09 AM
Arthur crashed into the skeleton beside Lisane, tearing it apart with the heavy spiked morningstar. The others fell upon the remaining skeleton and bit by bit chipped it apart. The skittering of bones and fragments on the stone signaled the end of the bout. The wounds were bad, but survivable, and the guardians of the place had much wealth on them, not even counting their combat gear.

You each receive 560 XP.

The loot:

540g in mixed coins,
9 gems
3 potions
7 mwk greatswords
7mwk breastplates

stack
2012-06-21, 09:25 AM
Seeing the bloody wages the latest fight earned them, Arthur again clumsily draws the well-used wand from his belt, going through the party and tending where needed.

CLW, taken as needed (in order)
[roll0] - Arthur
[roll1] - Elaine
[roll2] - Elaine
[roll3] - Elaine
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7] Lisane

Stormwind
2012-06-21, 09:37 AM
Elaine takes some of Arthur's attention and focus with the clumsily held wand ... healing most of her woundsElaine takes the next 3 cure lights (2,3,7)

Airanath
2012-06-21, 09:39 AM
"Guess I will study these while you tend to the wounded" Arwen offers, and quickly speaks the words attuning his sight to magical auras.
Casting Detect Magic
Spellcraft:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Fuzzies
2012-06-21, 10:12 AM
Lisane leaves bloody footprints behind her as she stumbles over to where Arthur was dealing out the healing magics. "Thank you so much. I've been hit many times with practice blades, but that...that was a lot different. I couldn't seem to hit or dodge. It was like I was cursed. Anything like that show up on your magical viewfinder, Arwen? Or was it just poor luck?"

Lisane will take the next 4, bringing her up to 27/29. That should be sufficient for now. one more hit, and I'd have been a goner.

Airanath
2012-06-21, 02:10 PM
Arwen checks up Lisane and the group when prompted by Lisane, for any magic not supposed to be there.

Bhaakon
2012-06-22, 07:30 PM
Tovern does his best to stifle his grunts and curses as he drags himself over to Arthur. "Any more of that magic to go around?"

stack
2012-06-22, 08:44 PM
Arthur judges the strength of his wand. "Should hold out for the rest of the mission, long as we step quicker next time."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
should be enough, right? If not, roll more and I'll deduct them.

Firebeard
2012-06-25, 09:09 AM
@Arwen

There is no evidence of a lingering curse or anything. Just bad luck, I suppose

@everyone
[/spoiler]
What now?
[/spoiler]

stack
2012-06-25, 09:17 AM
"Well, I suppose we press on. Straight through these smaller doors then?" Arther moves to the wooden doors, ready to go through once Lisane gives the okay.

easy to forget what you where doing when interrupted by piles of undead.

Bhaakon
2012-06-25, 09:56 AM
21/27 HP. How many charges are there? I can burn an elixir if the wand is too low.

Torven rubs the fresh scars, "That will do. At least the bleeding has stopped. Now lets have a look at that door"

Check for traps: [roll0] +2 more if related to masonry
and, if present, disarm them: [roll1]

stack
2012-06-25, 10:23 AM
Arthur watches with interest as the dwarf expertly searches for any more traps. Probably good we have two people who can do that. Extra eyes are always good. Wish we could just get in those big doors. Who knows what is in the repository?...

Has to be less disappointing than the portal.25/30. Here's another shot [roll0]

Firebeard
2012-06-25, 10:36 AM
@everyone
Which wooden doors? There are 2 sets. One directly across from the doors you came in, and one set on the same wall you entered from.

Airanath
2012-06-25, 10:57 AM
@Firebeard
Think you may have missed my attempt to id the magic on the loot too. Unless I failed that badly
"No curses or overpowering magic in the room. Maybe the necromancer here is stronger than the last one, making better undead. The last lot might have been weaker from raising due to the lingering magic there." The magus tries to offer some explanation.

Firebeard
2012-06-25, 11:24 AM
@Arwen

Server ate my post. Potion of Remove Paralysis, Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, unknown

stack
2012-06-25, 12:16 PM
(Same wall we entered in. May as well clear one side.)

Airanath
2012-06-25, 04:27 PM
No worries, the all mighty server giant is always hungry =p

"Oh, before I forget... " Arwen shows the potions and points each in order "This one frees the body from paralisis. And this one, is a more powerful healing elixir.Unfortunately, I lost my focus once I stopped to look around for a curse or lingering necromancy, so I can't tell what this last one does."

Stormwind
2012-06-27, 12:23 PM
In the aftermath of the brief skeletal skirmish, Elaine is busy looking at all the various items on the shelves on the far wall, and although her glaive is at hand, her attention is most certainly on the items on the shelves.
Perception(browsing the shelves for anything of particular interest): 1d20+1 (to be rolled by our good GM :smallwink:)

Firebeard
2012-06-28, 07:10 AM
The items on the shelves appear to be broken knick-knacks and other seemingly useless items. There is enough room on the shelves to suggest that there might have been other items there at one time.

The wooden door on the same wall you entered from opened into a large room that was obviously used as a barracks. Bedrolls filled the floor, and one wall was stained with soot from a small fire. There were more bedrolls here than guards out front. Some chests stood against the wall, small and wooden.

stack
2012-06-28, 07:30 AM
Arthur gives the chest a quick check for magic before heading to the other wooden doors. "Chests may be trapped, if they are worth checking. Suppose we ought to be thorough."

Fuzzies
2012-06-28, 08:14 AM
"Sounds good to me. I'll see what I can do." Lisane went from chest to chest, looking for traps, and then opening them, where she could.

perception [roll0]
perception [roll1]
perception [roll2]
perception [roll3]

Firebeard
2012-06-28, 11:03 AM
None of the chests seem trapped, and most contain only clothing and other personal effects. One has a silver mirror in it, and another contains 23g.

stack
2012-06-28, 11:11 AM
"Well, I suppose the guards have to live somewhere. Wonder if they know what they are guarding? Shame we didn't get a chance to talk to them. May as well check the other wooden door." He moves to do so, pausing to let the experts check for traps.

Firebeard
2012-06-29, 09:32 AM
The second set of doors were not trapped, and opened to reveal a dark room. The room contained more shelves of knick knacks, those these seemed to be of higher quality and age. One shelf had manuscripts, ancient and worn, that looked as if they would crumble at a touch. Another had spear tips that looked to be made of a milky blue glass. There was also a door here that led to a closet. In the closet was a single wooden chest, about 3 feet wide and 2 deep.

stack
2012-06-29, 09:48 AM
Arthur sweeps the room, looking for signs of magic before taking a closer look at the spear tips and manuscripts. He carefully casts mending on the delicate writing before trying to handle them, years of experience in the library giving him a steady hand at this task. "Have you ever seen anything like this? Glass spears...decorative, ceremonial, or magic?"

knowledge (whatever is appropriate) to identify the spear tips [roll0] (+1 if arcane)

Firebeard
2012-06-29, 09:53 AM
@ArthurYou've never seen or heard of milk-glass spear tips before. You've only seen similar in windows.

stack
2012-06-29, 10:26 AM
Arthur gives the tips a puzzled look before going back to try to read the manuscripts.

Bhaakon
2012-06-29, 06:50 PM
"Maybe ceremonial," Speculates Torven. "If they were useful, they'd probably be mounted."

He then takes a good look at the chest in the closet, attempting to find and disarm any potential traps before opening it.

Perception to find traps: [roll0]
disable device: [roll1]

Firebeard
2012-06-30, 12:05 PM
Torven's inspection of the chest did indeed find a trap. A spring-loaded dart was positioned in a knothole in the wood, ready to launch at anyone attempting to open the chest without first deactivating the trap. The dwarf wedged a dagger in the knothole, then carefully levered the tip of the needle upwards. Confident that he had managed to disable the thing, he raised the lid of the chest. The dart glanced off the roof of its hole, and flicked out of the opening, aimed at Torven's leg.

@Torven

Ref DC 15 to avoid altogether.

Stormwind
2012-06-30, 01:00 PM
Taking a careful but brief look at the manuscipts, without touching them, Elaine moves on to the shelf with the blue-glass arrowheads. Carefully picking one up, she inspects it, taking the time to determine if they were decorative or if they were indeed meant to be used as weapons. After having checked the construction and sharpness of the edges, the shape of the tip and having determined what she could of its purpose, she gathered all the arrowheads up and slipped them into her belt pouch.

Knowledge(dungeoneering - if she has ever heard of anything else being found of blue glass): [roll0]
Knowledge of weapons (to determine the 'martial' purpose of the arrowheads)

Bhaakon
2012-07-02, 02:53 AM
Torven swears loudly as his precautions fail, but manages to his leg around so that the dart glances off his armored thigh. "Tsch" he grumbles at he examines the deep scratch in his scale armor, "that won't buff out. There'd better be something interesting in here." He lifts the lid the rest of the way and looks inside.

Firebeard
2012-07-02, 07:47 AM
Inside the chest is a bag, and inside the bag is a golden disk, about 8 inches in diameter. The disk has various raised glyphs on its surface, and one half has been hollowed out. Two protuberances on one side give the appearance of handles.

stack
2012-07-02, 07:55 AM
Arthur looks up from the scrolls, fascinated by the new find. "Now that....that is what we're looking for if I know anything. I bet its a key. Come on, let's try it on the big door! I bet we can get it open. Makes sense, its in the trapped chest. Wouldn't keep something in there if it wasn't important. Unless we've seen anywhere else it could go. I suppose it could be a multi-stage type deal, with layers of keys and such, big boulder traps and pits....seems excessive, but I don't build repositories."

Fuzzies
2012-07-02, 01:49 PM
Lisane examined the door for a spot where the supposed key might fit. Torven would probably be the better at such things, but there was no harm in taking a look herself. "Anything else useful in there?"

Firebeard
2012-07-09, 07:40 AM
The stone doors had an inset across them, along the iron banding, that fit the key perfectly. When Lisane inserted the key, it clicked into place, locking in to the door. It turned easily, and the heavy stone doors, released from their locking mechanisms, began to grate open. With a heavy ponderous motion the doors opened to reveal an enormous chamber. The chamber was well-lit by torches high on the walls, revealing shelf after shelf of artifacts, scrolls, and other items.

Airanath
2012-07-09, 09:34 AM
Arwen freezes, bewildered by the receptacle, a part of him unable to believe the existence of so many scrolls and airtifacts in one place, another dying to rush in a start studying all that is inside, a very small portion of his mind saying it must all be a trap, a clever crafter ruse, but this part of his mind is shy and can't be heard properly as he finally speaks.

"This. Is. Incredible." he speaks, as he closes his eyes, then he speaks the words of power, and when they open again, he looks ahead, to see the so expected glow of magic.

Casting detect magic.

Firebeard
2012-07-09, 09:49 AM
@Arwen

The entire room appears to be suffused with abjuration magic.

Airanath
2012-07-09, 12:18 PM
"Arthur, look at this. All this abjuration energy... Sounds like heavy protection."

stack
2012-07-09, 12:28 PM
Arthur is lost staring at the riches covering the shelves, his imagination running faster than his reason, or caution, can keep pace with. "This is...amazing. I can't believe we actually found it!"

Arwen's comment slowly draws him back to the practical. "I suppose we ought be careful. There could be magical defenses. I would hate to lose any of these artifacts by setting off a trap."

Arthur will use detect magic to direct the trap experts to anything that might have a defensive enchantment

Firebeard
2012-07-09, 01:30 PM
@Arthur and Arwen

The spells appear to be protective in nature. In your best estimate, they were likely put in place to prevent deterioration of the items on the shelves.

Bhaakon
2012-07-10, 04:35 AM
Torven gapes at the vault, his fingers twitching. I takes all of his considerable will power to keep himself from touch anything. "I didn't dare hope it would be intact, but here it is. Who knows what secrets are held in this room."

As the others scan for magical defenses, the dwarf sets about looking for more mundane protections.

perception to find traps: [roll0]

stack
2012-07-10, 12:00 PM
Arthur wanders through the room, lost in his own thought, afraid to touch anything for fear of waking from the dream. So this is the repository...are we actually here? Not just daydreaming? I keep feeling I'll wake up and it will be a painting on the wall.

as he wanders, he might notice any other doors or other notable things

perception [roll0]

Airanath
2012-07-10, 04:45 PM
Arwen looks for any sign of languages he understands, hoping against hope to find anything he can actually read at the moment.

For easy reference: Common, Elven, Draconic, Sylvan, Orc, Gnome.

Firebeard
2012-07-11, 08:06 AM
@Arwen

The scroll and parchments aren't written in any language you understand. In fact, if you were to hazard a guess, you'd think they were Old Azlantian.

Firebeard
2012-07-21, 10:30 AM
This is everything you had hoped for, and more. An actual Repository that hadn't been touched in the centuries since the Runelords had fallen. The wealth here, in both riches and knowledge, was unimaginable. Nothing in Korvosa could match it, for sure.

There were piles of jewels, etched with the secrets of the ages, preserving knowledge in a far more permanent way than parchment ever could. Racks of arms and armor lined shelves and walls, covering armaments from thousands of years. One entire wall of the chamber was stacked with gold bars, each stamped with a Runelord's mark.

In finding this treasure, and defeating its guardians, you have succeeded in your mission beyond imagining. Now, the real test lies before you. Will you return to Korvosa with this secret, to place it in the hands of the Pathfinders? Or will you take what you can and live in a kind of luxury that none of you has ever imagined before? The choice is yours.

This will be my last post on these boards. I am terminating my account as of now. I hoped you guys enjoyed this series of adventures as much as I did. Thank you for playing along. Good luck, and good night.