PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Tomb of Horrors - The Climactic Conclusion?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Elfstone
2011-11-29, 10:37 PM
Share spells Just doubles the casting, it doesn't link them together. Winky should still be in boss mode. Quin acts last anyways, he's waiting for them to act...

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 10:37 PM
The Master growls, barely containing his rage. He was trapped like a cobra in a cage, but even a cobra in a cage could still spit.

Summoning up a wad of venomous bile from his gut, Eduardo spits a blinding glob into Acererack's eyes...

[roll0]Ranged touch attack.
GAH! Should have truestriked up first.

...and curses, watching his attack fly wide.

Ditto
2011-11-29, 10:45 PM
I assume that was an area dispel, since it only attacked my highest level spell and did not affect any of my other buffs / I'm assuming Acererak doesn't know which Prescott is the real one. (That's probably silly, if he's immune to fire he might as well have perm True Seeing too, but still it appears to be an area dispel.)

The polymorph effect is 'directly on' the subject, so I don't know why they'd be dispelled together. In order to be sure he hit Prescott, it would necessarily have missed Winky because of their sizes and relative positions.

Oh, speaking of buffs, I still have Arcane Sight on. I've had it on since arriving... I'm sure there are tons of interesting auras floating around, but if there are any of particular interest on Acererak, please share. Should allow me to spot the skull very easily as well, if it is at all magic or has any spellcasting ability. Maybe let me know if the floor is made of illusion or something, too. That'd be good. :smallsmile:

Seriously, Eduardo should say hi. I can't do anything useful while blinded and can't fix it. Oh, I could make a rope trick and crawl inside that!

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-29, 10:45 PM
Share spells Just doubles the casting, it doesn't link them together.

At the master’s option, he may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) he casts on himself also affect his familiar...
I'm pretty sure with Acererak having Dispelled it on Prescott, its Dispelled on Winky, since Prescott is sharing its effects.
If the spell is ended, he can no longer share the effects.

Quin acts last anyways, he's waiting for them to act...
No, Acererak acts last.
If you're Delaying, say so.
Is Prescott Delaying? If not, or yes, give me Actions, or say when you're Delaying, or 'pass' I guess.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 10:52 PM
This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web.

Query: How is a barred force cage any different than a web? They're both SR:No spells that create an obstacle...

Ditto
2011-11-29, 11:00 PM
I don't think that's really how it works... it's more like the spell is twinned, IMO. I'll ask the RAW thread, it's probably been addressed before...

Yes, I am delaying as long as you'll reasonably allow, but I understand that soon that means my turn will just be skipped for this Round. I really need Eduardo to ask for help in order to act.

Elfstone
2011-11-29, 11:03 PM
Quin becomes completely defensive, raising his shield skyward and assuming the mountain stance while chanting desperatly to his god. He chugs another potion.
Divine power boosts my attack to +21/+16/+11

Quin pops a potion of fly.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 11:09 PM
He's trapped me in some blasted cage!

If you can get us out of here, Silas, do it now, the Master thinks.

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-29, 11:18 PM
The polymorph effect is 'directly on' the subject, so I don't know why they'd be dispelled together. In order to be sure he hit Prescott
He shares the effects with Winky.
Prescott shares the effects of the spell, not its conditions for a successful casting.

Oh, speaking of buffs, I still have Arcane Sight on.
Right.

Query: How is a barred force cage any different than a web? They're both SR:No spells that create an obstacle...
Force Cage CANNOT be moved through, whereas as Pete showed, Web is traversable if one is clever.
Web can also be Dispelled, Force Cage cannot.

I don't think that's really how it works... it's more like the spell is twinned, IMO. I'll ask the RAW thread, it's probably been addressed before...

Seems ridiculously vague...
:smallannoyed:

Yes, I am delaying as long as you'll reasonably allow, but I understand that soon that means my turn will just be skipped for this Round. I really need Eduardo to ask for help in order to act.

Fair enough.

Okay, if Quin is waiting...

With Arcane Sight, Prescott can only see necromancy...
Strong necromancy coats the graveyard, and even stains himself and his allies.
In an overwhelming pillar of necromantic energies, Acererak is crowned with a powerful charm.
He cannot detect the Jewelled Skull in the midst of this necromantic firestorm. It seems to shift and bubble beneath his feet, and hardens like old, dry glue in every grave and behind every crypt.
Quin crouches, watchful for attack, and sips his potion of flying, and soon, the third dimension will be his to dominate!
While Prescott stand dumbfounded and unresponsive to the events unfolding before them, Eduardo, though caged, is always the man of action.
Acererak dodges the gob of spit, and snarls.
He makes a fist at the Master of Death, and cracks a shard of bone in his grip.
Eduardo's head immediately begins to hurt.
The demi-lich stops dead in front of Prescott.
The real one.
The wizard can see eyeballs are being grown in the empty eye sockets, a disturbing sight as the fully formed mouth twists in a grin stained by black blood.
"He can't save himself. He can't help you."
They all see the skull whizzing among the tombstones to the north.
There is no answer from Silas.
Only a whimper of fear.
This will hurt a great deal...

Eduardo is stunned, he received no save.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 11:22 PM
Eduardo staggers, gripping the bars of the cage to avoid falling where he stands. His focus wavers and his mind wanders... if he died, could Dresden send him back? Would it matter if he did?

:smallsigh:

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-29, 11:25 PM
Signs it's gonna be baaaaaaad...

It's TheOasysMaster...
...there's a voice inside your head...
...the voice inside your head just crapped a cinder-block...
...and stunned, no-save. From Acererak?

Prescott has Actions.
He now goes last.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 11:28 PM
Nice, but you can't scare the Master of Death.

And anyway, every spell he uses on Eduardo is one he isn't using on Quin... and Quin is the one who's going to kill Acererack, right Elfstone?

Elfstone
2011-11-29, 11:32 PM
Watch. This.

Standing tall and strong, Quin shouts out to his god and summons the most powerful magic he has at his disposal. With a blinding flash, Quin is healed of all injuries and afflictions.

He grips his spear and rises into the air, scanning for the skull.

Selfish, I know, but next round will be worth it I promise. Hang in there Eduardo and Prescott. Quin is coming!

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 12:57 AM
Selfish, I know, but next round will be worth it I promise. Hang in there Eduardo and Prescott. Quin is coming!
Hey! How'd he do that with the 75% stipulation?
:smallsmile:

Eduardo might want to keep one of his arms extended through one of the lower gaps between the bars of the force cage. Could make a lot of things easier for potential allies, given the change in scenery.
LOL
:smallamused:

Maybe Team Sword will have a scene by morning?
Need Actions for Thoradin, though I'd bet any money it'll be...
Full Attack
"These rolls suck"
Team Sword will have a scene before 4:00 tomorrow, and the fate of more gods will be revealed.

Prescott has Actions.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-11-30, 01:21 AM
Need Actions for Thoradin, though I'd bet any money it'll be...
Full Attack
"These rolls suck"
Sir I resemble those remarks.

Thoradin continues attempting to drive his axe into the enemy.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 02:12 AM
Screaming bloody murder, Pharrah slams a dagger straight across the Mysterious Warrior's face mask, and one of the nodes on his back sparks brightly, going dark.
"My suit!"
Daggers dance in Harley's hands, as he tries to get past the flailing falchion, wielded at far greater speeds, and with greater skill, than it is usually accustomed to.
As Pete finds a treasure trove; forty-five good black headed, and grey-fletched arrows, the sound of crackling bones hitting the ceiling fill their ears.
The young dragon skeleton kicks and screams as the columns crush it against the roof, with it's skull splitting in a ear-drum popping crack, showering the black sand with yellowed bone fragments.
A Celestial Dog runs between Maki's legs, joining the barbarian in a furious attack on the nearest Dragonborn Skeleton.
It chomps on bone, reducing the creature's movements, and Maki hacks it apart with the scythe, dropping the draconic warrior from beyond the grave to the sand in two pieces.
Not even looking at their fallen comrade, the Dragonborn continue to circle him.
Reeling from Pharrah's blow, the Mysterious Warrior switches to the offensive, slamming the falchion point down into the sound, and kicking in a wide-spinning ring around his surrounding enemies, catching Thoradin squarely under the chin.
As new constellations arrange themselves in his vision, Thoradin watches the Celestial Dogs be dispatched with one blow each, sent back to whatever paradise Daina had summoned them from.

[roll0] Damage to Thoradin
Team Sword and Prescott gimme Actions.

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 06:29 AM
Quin wasn't down by more than 100. Heal heals 140 when cast by Quin.

Verisimilitude
2011-11-30, 06:49 AM
Pete observes that Maki is handling the Dragonborn efficiently but that The Beginning seems as riled as damaged. If he aimed well... no, The Beginning was somehow immune to his bow's enchantment. It would barely scratch him even if it hit the mark. And the barbarian's strength and rage were not to be squandered. Pete turns his aim southward and attempts to accelerate the destruction of the Dragonborn standing between Maki and The Beginning.

Ditto
2011-11-30, 09:16 AM
Reacting to Eduardo's information, and using his arcane sight to guide him, Prescott moves to the master's side and grabs for him through the bars of the forcecage, feeling for the gaps. Once he reaches through successfully, Prescott gestures and casts Dimension Hop to move himself and Eduardo 30 feet west.

Damn, if I'd waited up 10 more minutes I could have responded to Eduardo's info before Acererak stunned him. Fickle initiative order.

Moving the two of us slightly over, out of the forcecage, farther from Acererak, and closer to Quin. That's my last useful spell.

Whatever it is Winky is right now, he has a round or two of actions, and every bit helps... say, can I read a scroll via arcane sight?

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 11:30 AM
Quin wasn't down by more than 100. Heal heals 140 when cast by Quin.
:smalleek:
YOU USED THE HEAL!?!??!
How are you going to burn him to a crisp!?!?!

It would barely scratch him even if it hit the mark. And the barbarian's strength and rage were not to be squandered. Pete turns his aim southward and attempts to accelerate the destruction of the Dragonborn standing between Maki and The Beginning.
Pete needs to take 150 EXPerience Points

Reacting to Eduardo's information, and using his arcane sight to guide him, Prescott moves to the master's side and grabs for him through the bars of the forcecage, feeling for the gaps.
Provoking an AoO...
Anyways, Acererak is going to grapple, make an AoO.
Has anyone ever tried reacting to an AoO from a Grapple with ANOTHER Grapple, and if both Grapplers had Combat Reflexes race to see who has the higher Dexterity modifier, to get the most AoOs?

Anyways, I can't post now, but I'd like to know what Prescott intends to do with that AoO.

Whatever it is Winky is right now, he has a round or two of actions, and every bit helps... say, can I read a scroll via arcane sight?
Winky hasn't been as active as his new form might warrant...
I don't want to move him or else Acererak will begin using his will breaking spells again...
Does he have Prescott's blessing to lock his jaws around the demi-lich's new throat?

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 12:23 PM
Touch attacks are really hard to pull off. Ill stick with my 14d12s with a +19 to hit. Bolt of glory ftw. Then try and disrupt him. Flame strike if I can get him and his skull

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-30, 12:28 PM
Are you readying an action to Glory Bolt during Acererack's next casting?

Ditto
2011-11-30, 12:32 PM
He appears to be immune to fire, as you'll probably notice now that Quin can see again... flamestrike should probably stay low on the list.

Wait, is Acererak between Eduardo and I? Would I be in range of him and not Acererak with a 5 foot step? Cuz I'd totally take that, obviously.

If not... I don't think I get an AoO, I only have the Staff of Fire in hand. (That would be plenty epic to snap it over his head and release the fiery doom inside... were he not immune to fire. Bummer.) If I can use the staff is a very expensive quarterstaff, then here is my AoO: [roll0]

Then Acererak touch attacks vs. 12, then opposed grapple: [roll1]

Winky has my blessing to do whatever he thinks is useful in lich-killing. The lich is very adjacent right now, shouldn't be an issue. If Winky hadn't been doing anything for a few rounds, I'd love another Aid. (I'm squishy! :smallfrown: Let me know if I can add that.) Moving slightly shouldn't be a problem, any of us should be able to reposition to stay within his circle before Acererak's initiative comes around again anyway.

Also, in case it comes up should I not be grappled, ruling on whether Arcane Sight is good enough for me to cast from a scroll? Especially a duplicate a scroll I just cast 12 seconds ago?

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 01:02 PM
Can't. Used all my actions.

Flamestrike deals holy damage, 50%.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-30, 01:12 PM
True, but you could declare it for next round. Anyway, with the A-Man grappling Prescott, unleashing holy flame that requires an attack roll might not be the best move.

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 01:16 PM
Flame strike is several rounds ahead. Bolt of glory only damages undead.

Ditto
2011-11-30, 01:31 PM
I've never been killed by a half-holy fireball before, just the mundane kind. So far today, anyway. Could be interesting! :smallamused: This is the BBEG unmaking the multiverse, Prescott's expendible. Also, he's blinded and basically out of spells anyway. Nuke away when the time comes, Acererak doesn't know I'm running on empty and will probably keep grappling me.

Misaat
2011-11-30, 03:19 PM
" Thanks Pete! "

Maki takes adventage of Pete's good aim and attacks the dragonborn closest to him.

Attack 1:[roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Attack 2:[roll2]

Damage: [roll3]

Trip Attack 3:[roll4]

Str Check: [roll5]

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 05:37 PM
Stunned by whatever terrible curse Acererak had laid upon him, Eduardo is unable to act...
...while Quin rises high above into the air searching for the skull...

How high does Quin go?

Wait, is Acererak between Eduardo and I? Would I be in range of him and not Acererak with a 5 foot step? Cuz I'd totally take that, obviously.
No.
Acererak is dead in front of Prescott, who can also see again.

If I can use the staff is a very expensive quarterstaff, then here is my AoO
Don't scratch the finish!

(I'm squishy! Let me know if I can add that.)
No at-will casting of aid, detect evil and continual flame for heaven-hounds!

ruling on whether Arcane Sight is good enough for me to cast from a scroll?
No, of course not. Why would it do anything? He's still got the open it, and read it to activate the magic.

[roll0] Quin's Spot Check

http://diamondquest.info/images/gods/greyhawk/erythnul.jpg

Crawling on his hands and knees, Erythnul presses his bloodied cracked lips on the soulstone before the large throne.
A grossly fat demon lord covered in goat-like hair, fifteen feet tall, with a goat-like head and legs, and the horns of a ram rather than those of a goat lounges across the massive seat, also made of soul stone. His arms are human, but Vast bat wings sprout from his back, and his long, snaky tail is tipped with a poisonous head. The 'Prince of the Undead is attended by skeletons, bare and an unusual sight in Orcus' throne room.
Erythnul tries to ignore the implications, remaining 'positive'.
The massive, bloated demon prince, full of spite, bule, and contempt clutches the black, skull-tipped rod serves as his symbol in clawed hands from whence a squealing soul wriggles and jerks.
Eyrthul chokes a little on the diseased air that wafts from the open sours dotting Orcus' body.
"...Orcus, I beg of you... Sanctuary..."
The skeletons look at Erythul, grim smiles twisting in contempt.
"...you call it Orcus? Why?"
"Acererak..."
Erythnul lifts eyes blinking away tears and gazes at the empty throne.
Empty?
The skeletons close around him.
"Orcus has fled. You gambled on the wrong side of evil."
A cruel illusion left by the spiteful demon prince.
Sobbing, Erythnul doesn't even resist as one of the skeletons raises a black gloved hand.
Chains of bones burst from the fallen god's chest in bloody spurts, binding around his limbs, head and torso is tightening bonds. Squeezing and jerking, he makes one last scream as Acererak wrings out his life.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasmodeuuuuuuuuuuu-"

http://enrill.net/images/orcus-600.jpg

[roll1] Reflex Save for Half Damage from Cone attack, DC 21 saves
[roll2]

[roll3] Eduardo's Fortitude Save to avoid taking 135 HPs of damage, Failed!
[roll4] Eduardo's Fortitude Save vs. Massive Damage, Success!
[roll5] Prescott's Opposed Grapple Roll

The push is fluff, Acererak is adjacent, east of Prescott.
Team Caster has Actions, need Actions for Thoradin.
Well done for Pete and Maki. Good rolls.

As Prescott moves to run to Eduardo's aid, Acererak reaches out, taking a strong grip of Prescott's hand before the wizard can lash out.
There is no paralyzing touch or biting cold that turns Prescott's bones brittles, but as Acererak's hands, one of flesh and the other of bones reaches up, taking a firm grip on Prescott's head, the wizard feels his skin crawl.
"Let go of him!"
He aims a burst of searing light at Acererak who grunts as the rays emanating from the multiple Winkys roar tear off the black blood knitting new flesh back together.
Snarling, at the heaven hound, Acererak turns back to Prescott who's face his held in a vice grip.
"Why not stay? Watch..."
He forces Prescott to look left, at Eduardo stuck in the cage.
Prescott sees something he'll never ever for the rest of his life forget.
Eduardo's flesh ripples, then shivers as it constricts around his bones. Muscle, fat and blood spurt from pours like pus, and the crunching sound signals snapping limbs, as his skin proceeds to twist, adding a wringing motion to the Master's agony.
Laughing madly, Acererak releases Prescott, pushing him a little toward Eduardo as he steps away from the wizard.

Am I right in thinking Maki has 4 turns left of rage? Rage masking two negative levels and mummy rot?
Maki leveled, I believe, so those levels should be back.
And the Accelerated Mummy Rot kicks in this round.
He's managed to save correctly so far.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-30, 05:42 PM
Oaysis, would at 29 have passed?

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 05:50 PM
Oaysis, would at 29 have passed?
Nope.
He should still be alive though.
I see 152 on his sheet.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-30, 05:51 PM
That's correct. Am I still stunned, or do I have actions coming to me?

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 05:53 PM
Save DC for Acererak's Maximized Shivering Touch is 31.

That's correct. Am I still stunned, or do I have actions coming to me?
Not stunned.
From above, Quin can't see the Skull...
...but there does appear to be a lot of blood around Eduardo for some reason...

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 06:05 PM
Ten feet up, ten feet closer to the lich.

Spiking on in shock, Quin snarls, in shock and anger. Shouting out a curse on the lich he raises a his right hand and makes a fist. His glove glows brightly and a soft light begins to surrounding him. It quickly turns harsh and as he uncurls his fist it coleuses and turns into a white-hot bolt. Flying forth with a faint hum. It flys strait and true to the liches chest.

Swift for true strike. Standard to screw liches over. Move to chug that other non healing potion.

[roll0] TA

[roll1]

Ditto
2011-11-30, 06:18 PM
Prescott gags in the lich's grasp as Eduardo suffers a terrible wracking, far worse than the one he had endured not long ago, and staggers a step backward out of reach. He speaks a word of magic and gestures to Eduardo, causing glowing runes to light up on his boots and the master's as well. With a muted flash, they are both teleported a short hop away.

Man, I wish I still had my lifebolt handy... I could have played too! :smallsmile: Who has to deal with the shivering touch?

Dimension Step to move Ed out of the forcecage, and me away from the damned lich.

Prescott gags in the lich's grasp as Eduardo suffers a terrible wracking, far worse than the one he had endured not long ago, and staggers forward to finally reach his side when the bony grip releases him. He reaches out for Eduardo's hand and teleports them both a short hop away.

Misaat
2011-11-30, 06:49 PM
I shadow leveled actually XD Same that happened to prescott

And About the Mummy rot... I was deaaad how come i still have it? XD

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-30, 08:25 PM
Hacking and shuddering, Eduardo musters his last bit of spell-power in a feeble attempt to cripple the lich...

Halt undead on Acererack. It's a DC23 will save. You never know, he could roll a 1. I don't think the limited amount of healing I can muster would make a lick of difference if the A-Man attacks Eduardo again.

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 08:57 PM
Swift for true strike
True Strike is an arcane spell that's a standard action, where is Quin getting it from?
Also, Quin also found a pretty orange stone.
And Harley has the telescope.

Attack - (1d20+39)[54] TA
Excellent.

staggers forward to finally reach his side when the bony grip releases him.
Leaving Acererak's threatened squares will provoke an attack of opportunity...

I shadow leveled actually XD Same that happened to prescott I think he's now technically died as many times as Harley.
:smallbiggrin:

And About the Mummy rot... I was deaaad how come i still have it? XD

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/raiseDead.htm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mummy.htm

Thanks Veris!
Aren't Mummy's GREAT!?!?!

Need an explanation from Elfstone before I can proceed.
Also need actions for Thoradin...

Misaat
2011-11-30, 09:05 PM
He is getting Truestrike from his glove of the strategist... Though i dont know if said glove says Cast True strike as a Swift action it just says it has the ability to grant true strike 1 day...

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 09:09 PM
He is getting Truestrike from his glove of the strategist... Though i dont know if said glove says Cast True strike as a Swift action it just says it has the ability to grant true strike 1 day...
WHAT glove of the strategist?
It's nowhere on his sheet...
I though Quin had gauntlets of ghost groping...

:smallmad:

Misaat
2011-11-30, 09:15 PM
WHAT glove of the strategist?
It's nowhere on his sheet...
I though Quin had gauntlets of ghost groping...

OF GHOST FIGHTING! Ghost groping would be just weird ... XD

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 09:18 PM
God ****

I think it got moved on accident.. I see a bunch of potions where I thought it was...

He does have those, he just wears the one glove as an under glove type thing.. Its just a liner. I have totally mentioned the item before and no issue of it was brought up before. I have added it to my sheet. The standard for item activation is a swift action.. I'll look for the exact stats, but thats what I remember.

Also the roll is actually a 35, I was off by one.

Misaat
2011-11-30, 09:22 PM
You know what i would do for a Tomb of Horrors room?

I would fill the floor with Explosive Runes (Like landmines) And when the players enter a disco Sphere would go down that casts Irresistible Dance on all of them (Irresistible Dance is a core spell too XD)

Ditto
2011-11-30, 09:31 PM
Moving would provoke and AoO... but that only happened last turn because I couldn't see. You said I can see now, right? If that is in fact the case, I 5 foot step backward, then cast the spell on Eduardo and myself. I don't need to be touching him if I can see him. I modified my last IC post to reflect this. (Original is preserved within the spoiler there.)

It usually requires a standard action to activate any item, Elfstone... Swift actions weren't part of core, so it hardly makes sense for that to be the norm. This item in particular may call for a swift action truestrike, since that would actually be useful.

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 09:35 PM
Found the stats. Does not list an activation action, merely that it is once per day. Sorry.

Probably both Verisimilitude.

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 10:10 PM
OF GHOST FIGHTING! Ghost groping would be just weird ... XD It is what it is.
:smalltongue:

Where did that glove come from?
I also remember this...

Never used it so Oasy would forget about it and it would be a nice surprise. I plan on using it to finish off the Lich if I can. To be dramatic.
Stupid PCs...
Luckily, Acererak plans for every eventuality.

Blah blah blah? What's that Pete? Quin can fly? Silly ranger, go open that lock or I disintegrate you. And stop staring at the terrible truth

Initiative Orders
New Intitiative Order (Team Sword)
Acererak, the Eternal
Pharrah, the Apprentice
Harley the Looter
The Beginning
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Thoradin Stoneheart
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Young Adult Red Dragon Skeleton Died of "Exposure to Pete Palkleth*" XD
Dragonborn Skeleton 6
Dragonborn Skeleton 5
Dragonborn Skeleton 4
Dragonborn Skeleton 1
Dragonborn Skeleton
Dragonborn Skeleton 3
Dragonborn Skeleton 2

New Intitiative Order (Team Caster)
Eduardo
Quin
Winky
Acererak's Jeweled Skull
Prescott
Acererak, the Eternal

I would fill the floor with Explosive Runes (Like landmines) And when the players enter a disco Sphere would go down that casts Irresistible Dance on all of them (Irresistible Dance is a core spell too XD)
Too small.
Symbol of Insanity and Symbols of Persuasion

Acererack ignores Eduardo's attempt to leave him frozen in his tracks.
Then he disappears in the bright flash of light from Quin's bolt of glory and a low groan of pain.
"Hahahahahahahaha!"
Winky, already moving to sink his jaws in the demi-lich appears to fly through empty air as Acererak, bones and new flesh blasted to dust from Quin's bolt of glory.
Focused on the Acererak, now a fully manifested ghost, Quin doesn't see the Jewelled Skull.
With a resounding crack, he experiences another jaw-jarring smack to the back of the head.
As Prescott and Eduardo disappear from sight, Acererak smiles at Winky.
"Goodbye pooch."
Quin sees a thin green ray of light strike the archon turned heaven hound, turning Winky into dust.
"Can't take your soul anyways."
He then casts his ghostly gaze upward, looking for Quin.

[roll0] Damage to Quin
[roll1] Prescott's Opposed Strength/Dexterity Check

*Did I give EXPerience for that?

Misaat
2011-11-30, 10:16 PM
NOOOO NOOOOO WINKY WAS MY BEST FRIEND!!.... Or something!

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 10:17 PM
Watching happily as his bolt takes effect, Quin draws his new longsword and flys down with a fury on the lich, charging his weapon with divine power.

So Quin whips out his frosty longsword, and begins a move toward the lich. He casts "Disrupting Weapon" on the way down. Should not reach the lich, or 15 feet near him this turn. Next turn he will charge the lich for some fun damage and some even better Will saves.

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 10:24 PM
Where are Prescott and Eduardo going?

Should not reach the lich, or 15 feet near him this turn.
Well, that's just dumb.

Misaat
2011-11-30, 10:26 PM
Where are Prescott and Eduardo going?

Well, that's just dumb.

Greater Dispel? XD

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 10:28 PM
G it misaat who do you want to win?

Also, SR says screw that.

Ditto
2011-11-30, 11:27 PM
We can only move as far as our base landspeed. Just moving ~30 feet away from the lich, outside of the forcecage and somewhere that gives Eduardo a straight line to charge in if he's still planning to do that.

If I can be behind a gravestone and hide or something, I'll be there. :smalltongue:

What was that Str/Dex check for?

Winky! :smallmad: Now you're making me look up the rules for losing a familiar. Who does that?
[roll0] Fort save vs DC15. A 1. I actually rolled a 1. Double dammit Acererak! I almost de-leveled from that! He disintigrated my dice as well as my familiar. :smallfurious:

Hm...

A slain familiar can be raised from the dead just as a character can be, and it does not lose a level or a Constitution point when this happy event occurs.

Unlike most other living creatures, an outsider does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an outsider is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an outsider. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore it to life. An outsider with the native subtype can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be.

Winky is a familiar who is an outsider. Dammit RAW conflicts! :smalltongue: I'm just going to have to spring for the limited wish, I guess. Cue lots of roleplaying fodder if I'm not dead in another 6 seconds...

TheOasysMaster
2011-11-30, 11:37 PM
We can only move as far as our base landspeed. Just moving ~30 feet away from the lich, outside of the forcecage and somewhere that gives Eduardo a straight line to charge in if he's still planning to do that
Coordinates.
There are 360 degress for him to choose from.

What was that Str/Dex check for?
Can't remember...

Now you're making me look up the rules for losing a familiar.
Oh second edition...
How I miss you so.

He disintigrated my dice as well as my familiar.

I'm just going to have to spring for the limited wish, I guess.
Aaaaaaaand, that's coming out of your Return Allowance.

Aaaaaaaactions? And Locations please, so I can make a reasonable map!

Ditto
2011-11-30, 11:45 PM
West. I specified westish in every iteration of my attempt to teleport. :smalltongue:

Yaya, it's only 300xp... I'm a crafter anyway, so I'll be plenty fussy over the xp when we get there.

Elfstone
2011-11-30, 11:51 PM
Just let Quin Rez him... It's free.

Also, I have an infinite crafting Xp trap.. That Oasy might let me use.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-11-30, 11:54 PM
Oasys if I'm holding you up in combat you can just roll for me.

It's not like you could do much worse ;)

Thoradin

Thoradin continues his assault battering undead with his trusty axe.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

Misaat
2011-12-01, 12:05 AM
What happened to team swooooord?

Ditto
2011-12-01, 12:29 AM
Reappearing a short distance away, Prescott turns to see Winky being snuffed out by the evolving demi-lich. He drops to one knee as he suffers the psychic feedback from his familiar ceasing to be. "Winky! Nooooooooooooooo! (http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/)"

His cry becomes an inarticulate roar of rage, as he transforms into a hydra once again, this time the cold-based variety - a cryohydra. The ground crumbles around his massive form yet again, but the eleven heads are flailing even more agitatedly than previously and taking little heed as the earth beneath him matches Prescott's emotion.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 12:30 AM
The Mysterious Warrior screams, "I was Amer Khan!"
His fists become a blur, whistling around the pressing heroes.
Pharrah is struck twice; in the head and chest, while Harley manages to duck his.
Whirling on Thoradin, the Mysterious Warrior brings his fury upon the Defender.
The terrific attack knocks a tooth loose, but Thoradin's a dwarf. That was just a greeting punch!

[roll0] Damage to Thoradin
[roll1] Fortitude Save for Thoradin against Stunning Fist, Success!

"...a defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next action). A stunned creature drops everything held, can’t take actions, takes a -2 penalty to AC, and loses his Dexterity bonus to AC..." -Stunning Fist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#stunningFist)

Team Sword has Actions, need Actions for Eduardo.

Pete's arrows crash through the open helmets of the three remaining Dragonborn, creating havoc as they jerk about if a mad fury, until one of them sags to the ground, dropping its weapon as Pete fells it.
Though one of his arrows flies wide, Maki finishes the job slashing through the ruined defenses of the two remaining Dragonborn, and clearing the field.

For Return...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/Untitled-1-6.jpg
Do it like this, except Concentration IS Spellcraft, which uses whatever your characters primary spellcasting attribute is.

Verisimilitude
2011-12-01, 07:15 AM
Seeing the last of the wave fall, Pete runs full clip to the far corner of the throne room, opening his backpack as he passes the others.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 08:32 AM
The Master of Death is in desperate need of healing from Quin, but he sees the Cleric preparing his mortal charge. Hoping Acererack remains distracted by the plummeting dwarf, Eduardo produces and downs a healing potion and considers his situation, grasping for what to do.

Cure Serious Wounds [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Knowledge [roll2]
Spellcraft [roll3]

Any known weaknesses for the demi lich? Or maguffin floating around to destroy? We are supposed to be spoiling the Lich's plans... any apparent way to do that aside from slaying him?

Ditto
2011-12-01, 09:05 AM
There is the mysterious disappearing skull that has scads of move and keeps sneaking up on Quin.

And apparently the riddle of making the sun rise in a place where the sun doesn't rise.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 09:10 AM
All true, but there's little I can do about either problem. Sunburst wasn't sunny enough, and I have no ranged attacks or spells that affect constructs.

Perhaps I'll spot something of use or "remember" something important.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 10:15 AM
True enough. Prescott isn't inclined to be talky right now, but might as well check the ol' memory banks and have Oasys just share any info once.

Lore on the City of the Dead, spiteful city-moving gods, etc.: [roll0]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:26 AM
Going southeast. I would have really liked to pick up ten different items before the next wave. But I doubt there will be time for even half of them.
Ah, the life of an adventurer-so many people want to kill you, and so little time!

So unless he's surrounded and loses his invisibility Pete should toss the potion Daina dropped for him into his backpack, then move to the dead concubines while drawing his razor.
Then he should cut/rip out their quivers and toss those in his backpack.

I'm pretty certain I'll want to get these items before the end of the next one.

So are the changes to Use Rope, Ride and Handle Animal still in?

"...Handle Animal and Ride = Animal Affinity (Wis)..."
Whoops! Gonna have to go back!

...Use Rope is now a function of Escape Artist...
And I don't know about this, I think they'll stay separate.

Also why keep the replaced skills on the sheet?
Because even though the skills have changed the items and spells and their relevant effects haven't.
If Perception Checks are going to be used for Spot or Listen Checks, only bonuses related to Spot would be applied to that kind of roll.
Wracked in pain, Eduardo's vision swims.
His eyes drift across one of the gravestones.
An Acererak is born, not made.
He tries to recall what he knows, and comes to the conclusion that, they've actually been pretty lucky.
Acererak hadn't placed his aura of fear on them, though without Winky, he'd have easier access to their minds once more...
How had he been able to do that to them?
The demilich's abilities appear to be greatly muted here...
No descecration or subjecting them to an overwhelming aura of evil...
...and though he surely possessed an immunity to magic, Quin and he had found one of the few ways to strike directly at his black heart.
Clearly, the demiich was enjoying himself. Despite being able to cast spells without even moving, the Dark Lord had used gestures and movements, and flourishes to accent his spellcasting.
Perhaps they could use this?
Or, more likely, the secret to truely bringing about his defeat lay elsewhere...
As Quin lowers himself to the ground, Acererak the Ghost makes a rude hand gesture and promptly vanishes from sight.
A screaming whistling sound alerts the cleric that he isn't alone in his dive.
The Jewelled SKull gapes open, uttering a word so horrendous, so blasphemous, the cleric can't hold on any longer...
Paralyzed, weakened and dazed from the blasphemous word, he crashes to the ground with a thud.
Ignored by the demi-lich for the moment, Prescott successfully makes his transformation into one of the legendary cryo-dragons.
As he surveys the graveyard and the city beyond, even with the extra heads and the 'cool disposition', Prescott can't think of anything reminding him of Acererak's story.
It's possible the demi-lich had completely made it up to distract them!

[roll0] Damage to Quin
He is paralyzed for [roll1] minutes, his Strength score decreases by [roll2] for [roll3] rounds, aaaaand, being dazed, he can take no actions until his next round.
So, he can act as normal next round.
For a paralyzed hero that is.

Team Caster has Actions.
I need Actions for Maki.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:41 AM
Blasphamy does not surpress magical flight.
lol
He's going to fly while paralyzed?
And dazed with no actions?
He crashes, I think?
No?

And it made it past Quins SR?
Of course!
The only way Acererak or the Skull will fail to overcome is if they roll a 1!

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 10:42 AM
Bizarre, indeed. Why would Acererack specifically go to a place where he was weaker? And impose crippling restrictions upon himself in battle, when he obviously had no interest in a "fair" fight?

Could it be another of his illusions? Eduardo looks carefully at the ghostly Acererack and at the flying, blasphemous skull. Could there be more to this? Was any of it even real?

Disbelieve. Disbelieve everything!
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]Actions to come based on results. How far is Ed from Quin?

Acererack gets hit with a glory bolt and turns into a ghost? He doesn't use his immunities or powers? A "skull" casts blasphemy? This is fishy.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 11:07 AM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/nicekills.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/FinalBattle-1.jpg

Misaat
2011-12-01, 11:15 AM
" All Right! "

Maki screams invigorated by the destruction of the enemy's that surrounded him.

" Now its YOUR TURN!! "

He says as he charges at the Beginnig with his Schythe in hand.

Attack: [roll0]

Ditto
2011-12-01, 11:36 AM
Prescott scans the graveyard with his Arcane Sight, searching for Acererak... did he really disappear, or was he just invisible and ethereal, still toying with them? If he cannot see the lich at all, he turns his attention to the Hurk above him as the Skull blasphemes Quin, and moves to unleash a devastating charge of frost at Acererak's pet project.

Bucket o' frost attack from the cryohydra! [roll0], Ref DC20 halves, [roll1] rounds til his next breath attack.

Why'd Prescott end up so far east? I said West... doesn't really matter, as long as I'm still close enough to Quin to target the skull.

Yes, being paralyzed means Quin should start falling on his next turn. Hovering requires conscious effort. The Fly spell specifies you drop slowly if it runs out, though, so I'd think he would drift gently to the ground.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 11:39 AM
Initiative Orders
Acererak the Ghost
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Harley the Looter
Thoradin Stoneheart
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Pharrah, the Apprentice
The Beginning

Eduardo
Quin
Acererak's Jeweled Skull
Prescott
Acererak the Ghost

Why'd Prescott end up so far east? I said West... doesn't really matter, as long as I'm still close enough to Quin to target the skull.
I'll fix it.
And there's a compass on the map too...

Yes, being paralyzed means Quin should start falling on his next turn. Hovering requires conscious effort. The Fly spell specifies you drop slowly if it runs out, though, so I'd think he would drift gently to the ground.
Yeah, I checked that.
Scratch off that 2d10 damage Elfstone.
And gimme actions.
Spitting sand angrily, Pharrah staggers back to her feet.
Her eyes narrow as she looks at the knife in her hands.
She watches as Pete collects a fallen potion, and moves unseen across the sand to reprovision from the concubines.
Abandoning the axes to the sand, Harley switches fully to his daggers, lashing out at the Mysterious Warrior, and roaring in frustration as he's blocked at every turn.
"Aaaaaaargh! I will destroy you!"
Thoradin's axe sweeps to bisect the beginning in half, only to be stoppe with a raised foot.
The Beginning pushes aside Maki's scythe, blocking another attack from the dwarf.
Maki's slashes through The Beginning's defenses, and another module sparks, and goes dark.
Pharrah draws her black sword again, and screams.
"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!"
Performing her opening leap attack again, she sails over Maki and Harley's head, slashing preliminary attacks above the mysterious warrior as she lands behind him.
Spinning round, Pharrah is faster, slamming the sword through her ribs and into the mysterious warrior's back, protruding from the suit.
The weapon crackles with black energy that ripples across the two, leavign them transfixed.
"It feels good!"
Throwing his head forward, the Beginning head butts Maki, and then proceeds to toss his weapons into the air, fists lashing out as he strikes to kill.
The foot blocking Thoradin's axe, lashes out so fast, he hardly even sees it knock out the loosened tooth.
More punches lash around, beating Pharrah, and only Harley manages to avoid the Mysterious Warrior's lightning fast attacks.

[roll0] Damage to Maki
[roll1] Maki's Fortitude Saving Throw vs Stunning Fist, FAILED!
+6, Success!
[roll2] Damage to Thoradin

Gimme more Actions Misaat.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 11:44 AM
[roll0] Thoradin's Save vs. Massive Damage

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 12:50 PM
So what happened with my disbelieve?

Ditto
2011-12-01, 02:29 PM
Waaaaaait a minute! Why would I shoot Quin?! The skull was up in the air when he blasphemied. So was Quin. Then, on Quin's action, Quin would drift downward. So the skull would have to move down, *into* Quin's square, wait until my action, then he took another action to move away? That doesn't really add up.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 02:53 PM
Again, just to clarify on why I apparently nuked Quin... the skull was IN his square? Cuz otherwise it's simple enough to adjust my aim up a little. (It survived all that cold damage? DR and SR don't apply to this attack...) Also, I believe you said Prescott's initiative dropped due to my last delay after he was blinded, so that would mean (as HP3 indicated) Eduardo's spell came first, so Quin would be unparalyzed and could try to make the DC20 Ref save for half damage.
EDIT: Eduardo would have to eat an AoO, though. Even if Quin was still lying down, he gets a Ref save, so no need to provoke an AoO. And you'd only have to worry about that if it had combat reflexes, which would be pretty ridiculous, but then again it has flyby attack apparently... :smalltongue:

If Eduardo had nothing better to do, it's probably not unreasonable for him to delay until Quin's move. He saw that he was hit by the blasphemy last round, so waiting for him to drop down isn't even metagamey.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 02:58 PM
But Raging Maki's Fortitude saves are +16 o_o

Misaat
2011-12-01, 03:13 PM
So that means im not stunned? Or am i?¿ If i am i really cant do other thing than stay there so im going to assume im not XD

Enraged by the headbutt Maki Unleashes a Furious attack on the Beginning.

Assuming he is flanked!

Attack:[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]

Attack:[roll2]

Damage:[roll3]

Then he sweeps at his legs with the blade of the Scythe

Trip Attack:[roll4]

Str Check: [roll5]

Ditto
2011-12-01, 03:28 PM
Now that I'm clear the skull is IN Quin's square, I certainly won't argue I could 'just aim up a little' and avoid hitting him. That sucks, but I'm still doing it. (I thought the skull was in the square immediately above Quin, which is easier to aim at.)

The Ref save DC is 20.

Eduardo said he was in the square next to the skull/Quin. If that's a sticking point, I will step slightly to the side so he's not in the line of fire. (Line of Frost. Whatever. :smalltongue:) Simple enough.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 03:48 PM
(I thought the skull was in the square immediately above Quin, which is easier to aim at.)
That would be the 'cube' above him then.
XD

Eduardo said he was in the square next to the skull/Quin. If that's a sticking point, I will step slightly to the side so he's not in the line of fire. (Line of Frost. Whatever. ) Simple enough.
But it's a cone!?!?!?!

What a cluster****.
I'll take that as a yes...
Wait, how does Eduardo even see Quin fall?
Those tombs he's taken shelter near are tall, clearly larger than the tombstones...
And if his back was to wall, leaning as he drank the potion, he'd be looking away from Quin.

Healing arrows sprout from Harley and Pharrah's chest, and the thief, invigorated by the magic
An efficient reprovisioner, Pete lifts the laden quivers of black and white fletched arrows from the crisped concubines. He easily frees the laden quivers from the charred remains, stowing them away safely for later use.
He heads toward the Dragonborn skeletons next.
Spinning daggers in his hand catch the light of the columns as Harley lunges to attack the Mysterious Warrior.
Juggling hiw weapons back and forth, he stops Harley at every slash and cutting attack.
"You're pretty good..."
Not to be forgotten, Thoradin tries again, moving aside to give Maki room, and swings his axe downward to catch The Beginning unawares.
Raising a hand, the mysterious warrior stops the blade with how own knife, and slashes at Thoradin with Maki's falchion.
Very unstunned, and still very dangerous, Maki is fast.
But the falchion blade returns in time to block everyone of Maki's attacks, and The Beginning merely leaps over Pax, bringing down Maki's own flachion across the silvered blade, shattering it.
With a now useless weapon in hand, Maki is completely unprepared and unarmed for the return of his own weapon.
Tracing a bleeding line down Maki's face, the Beginning then slams the weapon through Maki's heart, twisting the blade.
"This is yours. Keep it."

[roll0] Maki's Opposed Attack Roll to stop a Sunder Attempt
[roll1] Damage to Thoradin
[roll2] Damage to Maki and his good looks.
[roll3] Damage to Maki

Ditto
2011-12-01, 03:55 PM
The hydra's breath weapon is not cone, it's a big fat line. 10x10 cross section, and 20 feet long.

Eduardo has deathwatch, he can see through a grave. Also, I think his position on the map is probably too far over - the movement was limited to 30 ft, and I expressly said I placed him in a position to ready a charge at Acererak. Being behind a tomb would obviously prevent that.

Prescott, however, wouldn't have minded being behind a tomb. :smalltongue: But he's a hydra at the moment, so it doesn't much matter.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 04:01 PM
Noooo Maki is down to 74 HP ! Which normally would be bad but ive seen this guy kill people with over 100 HP XD

" DAMMIT "

Without a weapon Maki sees himself unable to keep fighting against the Beginning ... for now.

Defensive stance

" Pete can you toss one of those weapons this way? "

Ditto
2011-12-01, 04:18 PM
The last map I see in this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12306642&postcount=1138) doesn't have me westward as indicated previously, but I'm assuming QUin's position in K10 is correct. The last position given for Acererak was K12, and Prescott was adjacent to that when he was grappled and then stepped back to teleport. I'm assuming Eduardo was at, say, J12, since he stepped forward from our initial position to speak with Acererak. A barred forcecage is no larger than 20 feet, so moving 30 feet in any direction is by definition outside of it.

So, Prescott's spell moved us both 30 feet straight West. That would put Eduardo in the top area of J9, and Prescott in the bottomleft area of K9. He then turned in a hydra, so let's call it K/L-8/9. About 10 feet away from the position Quin is marked on the map.

Eduardo moves to J10 to be adjacent to Quin for casting Freedom of Movement. PRescott shoots the frost burst straight EAST from his position, which fills K10-K11, hitting Quin and the skull but not Eduardo.

...I think that should cover all the mechanics in meticulous grid-y detail.

I think we were all within 40 feet of the blasphemy, but happily it is a spread effect, which curiously is 2-dimensional (otherwise it would be a cylinder). So it affected only creatures on the plane 10 feet above the ground, like Quin and the skull.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 05:00 PM
1) It's not on the druid list so no
2) It's not on the cleric list, so how are you casting it in the first place?
3) I don't need see invisibility as long as I have deathwatch. Well, i can pinpoint location, anyway.
4) Actually, Eduardo has a rank in UMD so maybe, but only with a great roll.:smallconfused:

Ditto
2011-12-01, 05:14 PM
Prescott can cast it, once he reverts, which will probably be soon if he can't keep a lock on that skull and Acererak is staying ethereal. I have to read up on how that works, but I don't think I can damage him...

Also have to check if arcane sight is good enough to locate the general spot where an ethereal creature is lurking.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 05:19 PM
Initiative Orders
Acererak the Ghost
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Harley the Looter
Thoradin Stoneheart
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Pharrah, the Apprentice
The Beginning

Eduardo
Quin
Acererak's Jeweled Skull
Prescott
Acererak the Ghost

Im thinking that crafting contingencies for every party member would be very smart for the next few games...
It would.
I'm dead serious when I say I'm using them myself for Return, and as a means of keeping yourselves alive in Return, they'll be useful.
Because if you die, you might just get used by some necromancer.
And I will use Disentegrates*.
And not just on body parts either.
It's gonna be rooough and tough!
:smallcool::smallamused::smalltongue:

That's it.
Prescott has become a hydra
Eduardo just downed a potion
Quin is Blasphemed, and about to hit the ground, and the Skull is in his square.

New Actions, delete back to the relevant post.

Pete should have 22 Healing Arrows Left
36 Black Arrows and 34 White.

[roll0]
Daina, nearer to Maki, sends healing arrows his way.
"I'm on my last ones..."

Pete, scooping up the long spears find them to be steel, worked with gold and rubies.
Fine weapons.

Dropping down, Harley attempts a swift kick to the back of the mysterious warrior's leg, an attempt to cripple him, but The Beginning is too fast.
He leaps over the attack, jarring the falchion sticking out of Maki's chesting, sending the barbarian into a whole new world of agony.
Seizing the opportunity as Maki goes on the defensive, Thoradin's battle axe collides with the Mysterious Warrior's head, illiciting a grunt of pain.
Throwing his hand out, the rune sword tears itself from the sand, flying over Harley's shoulder, cutting into the flesh, and the hilt slaps into the Mysterious Warrior's open palm.
Swinging his weapon over his back, Pharrah barely manages to draw her sword out in time, blocking the attack.

Actions from everybody and anybody.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/FinalBattle-2.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/reprovision.jpg

Misaat
2011-12-01, 05:35 PM
" Someone throw me a weapon! "

Delaying initiative! So Daina Healed me 77 Hps?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 05:39 PM
Delaying initiative! So Daina Healed me 77 Hps?
Yup.
Oh, but he can't go over.
Just to his max and that's it.

" Someone throw me a weapon! "
You have a weapon! Just pull out the falchion!
I should break it, and I could say, "Looks like you were fighting with an aluminum falchion."

Seriously though, you owe Jake and Eduardo new weapons.

There's a greataxe and two throwing axes at Maki's feet.
And when is he delaying to? Last?

Misaat
2011-12-01, 05:43 PM
I can actually do that? .... Ok then forget about the Delaying initiative thing. Is taking it out a Move Action?

And also PFFF Why? I didnt break them. Leatherhead here can pay for them.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 05:45 PM
I can actually do that?
It's Dungeons & Dragons?
Can he stab you and leave the weapons?
Who knows? We make it possible!
And that, is the beauty of the game!
Forget, Skyrim!

.... Ok then forget about the Delaying initiative thing. Is taking it out a Move Action?
I'd say so.
And it'll hurt.
Just saying for roleplaying reasons.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 05:54 PM
Forget, Skyrim!
Forget, Skyrim!
Forget, Skyrim!
Forget, Skyrim!

:smalleek: get OUT OF HERE! :smallfurious:

With a Grunt of Pain Maki gets the Falchion out of his chest and Rises it high in the air!

" THIS IS MY GRANDFATHER'S SWORD! ILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR GETTING YOUR DEPRAVED HANDS ALL OVER IT.... DIEEEEEE! "

ATTACK!!!!!: [roll0]

DAMAGE!!!!!: [roll1]

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 05:59 PM
OK, let's try this again!

Delay to Quin's initiative.

Defensive casting: [roll0] DC is 19

At the end of this round, after the magic missile, I will be at -3, but up and partially abled due to Die Hard.

Do I see Acererack with my deathwatch?

And Elfstone: As you can see, I am in desparate need of healing. If you have, say, another Heal lying around...

Trying to make sense of it all, Eduardo rushes east to the fallen Quin, casting his last useful spell to free the cleric from paralysis, dodging the wicked construct as he speaks the incantation.

Quin, get up! We need you!

As he finishes casting his spell, he hears Acererack's voice and staggers under the blow of his force missile. The spell would have killed a lesser man, but Eduardo stands fast through the pain. He looks around for its source -- where is Acererack?

Verisimilitude
2011-12-01, 06:01 PM
Pete runs north with his collection and drops a longspear on the sand 5 feet behind Maki as he passes. When he reaches the broken body of the fallen wizard he stops running.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 06:08 PM
Okay, good luck with that massive damage, Maki's heart.

Good thing about D&D i can pull a sword out of my chest without any damage unless the GM says so XD

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 06:18 PM
Everything else was drained... I can give you 1 CSW and several CMW, but that is all im afraid. I wish I had more. There are some powerful spells in the scroll case, and since Quin isn't going to use most of them, Would the Master like them? Most are divine. Several area AoE spells...

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 06:20 PM
Only if they're on the Druid or Death Delver list...

What I'd really like to do is get in a stand up fight with Acererack, but at -3 HP... not the best plan.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 06:26 PM
That's what I love about Verisimilitude: Attention to detail.

I wonder when the Beginning is going to activate Quivering Palm and explode Pete's heart?

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 06:27 PM
Only if they're on the Druid or Death Delver list...

What I'd really like to do is get in a stand up fight with Acererack, but at -3 HP... not the best plan.

Several are. Command, Shatter, and several are unidentified... I think there may be some gems. I would advise popping some potions and sitting back for a few seconds.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 06:30 PM
I think I will, though I will be shocked if the potions keep pace with the damage Acererack is doing to me. Command and Shatter sound positively useless.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 06:31 PM
Maybe the mummy rot makes bleeding impossible or something.

Yeah.

Love it.

Also love how polite/articulate/aware of invisible team mates maki is despite raging.

So.... I just updated my sheet and weighed off.

Pete's AC just dropped a little and his run distance was reduced to 80 feet. He is medium encumbered. I assumed the standard weight per arrow for all quivers and that the longspears are equivalent to the standard 9 pound kind.

Fortunately he won't need to carry it much longer.

Or maybe its a game and some things dont need an explanation as long as the DM doesnt ask for them.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 06:34 PM
That, is the problem with healing.. Thats why Spells like Vigor are the only real way to do healing besides Close wounds... I think I will be changing Quin a great to make him a better "healer". When I first started this game, I had only rudimentary knowledge of how the game ran and only a weak grasp of how the mechanics could be used effectively.

Now.. I know much more. I blame spending significant amounts of time in games with expert players and optimizers. People who can build Superman out of the commoner class..

Anyway, I shall refrain from breaking any games here, but I do want to break out of the healer niche.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 06:37 PM
Throwing is crazy. -14 penalty or impossible, depending on whether it is over or under 50 feet. -4 not balanced, -2 times 5 increments for 10 foot increments. 5 increment cap on thrown. Effectively impossible throw. Looked it up.
And throwing weapons simply isn't safe.
Somebody might get hurt.

I figured they'd be pretty noticeable, and easy to grab.
So all four.
None of the swords though, he'll have to go back.

Trying to do this outside threatened square of The Beginning or behind soft cover, if available, for same reason.
Roger roger.

get OUT OF HERE!
Pffffffft, come off it. No matter how long you play, no matter how much free DLC they make available... No game, not even Skyrim, can take you where D&D can.
Or any roleplaying game!

Totally won't work if he's still invis.
lol, I wasn't going to mention that.

At the end of this round, after the magic missile, I will be at -3, but up and partially abled due to Die Hard.
Hey, you have no obligation to perform the same actions.
I know I'm not.

Do I see Acererack with my deathwatch?
Rolling a Spot Check...

Good thing about D&D i can pull a sword out of my chest without any damage unless the GM says so XD
You don't have to be so obvious about it!

Pete runs north with his collection and drops a longspear on the sand 5 feet behind Maki as he passes
Should have jammed it in so it'd stand, far more cinematic.

Initiative Orders
Acererak the Ghost
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Harley the Looter
Thoradin Stoneheart
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Pharrah, the Apprentice
The Beginning

Eduardo
Quin
Acererak's Jeweled Skull
Prescott
Acererak the Ghost
We're going to need another thread...

What I'd really like to do is get in a stand up fight with Acererack
Oops.

Also love how polite/articulate/aware of invisible team mates maki is despite raging.
I was going to mention that too!

Maybe the mummy rot makes bleeding impossible or something.

You're psychic! The Mummy Rot tries to kill again next round!

I assumed the standard weight per arrow for all quivers and that the longspears are equivalent to the standard 9 pound kind.
Safe assumptions.

He is medium encumbered.
And no idea place to unload.
Just, don't leave them in front of the main entrance.
Welby's in a foul mood, and I can't promise what he'll do if he and Jake finally make it, and he trips over a stupid spear.

That's what I love about Verisimilitude: Attention to detail.

I wonder when the Beginning is going to activate Quivering Palm and explode Pete's heart?

Me too. It also means my villains for Return will have to work that much harder because of him alone. Gotta keep the man challenged.
Lol, I'd die if he figured out 'the evil scheme' five posts in.

This is Tomb of Horrors! An exploding heart is waaaaaay to soft for a S&Monk!
He hasn't done it yet because Pete's remained out of sight and out of mind, and randomly activating if he hasn't provoked him makes little sense.

Daina and Pete nearly collide into one another on the sand.
Only Pete's stopping to drop off his weapon for Maki keeps a rather humorous, if in a not so funny situation, scenario from occuring.

As she moves south past Pete, he can here her labored breathing and feels her braid against his back.
Then she is gone.
Possibly retrieving the swords for later use?

Harley tries another trip, and is knocked unconcious for his efforts, tumbling to the sand as his eyes roll into the back of his head.
Moving to keep his flanking position, Thoradin is blocked by the mysterious warrior's defensive weavings at everyside.
Pharrah staggers forward, breathing heavily.
"Scatter..."
Turning on her, the Mysterious Warrior delivers a devastating series of slashes cutting through flesh in deep cuts.
With lightning speed, he's suddenly on agressive defense again, cutting the last Celestial Dog in half mid-leap.
Maki doesn't even get close to hitting him, but his words appear to have resonated deep within...
"Once, I had an ancestral weapon..."

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 06:45 PM
When I first started this game, I had only rudimentary knowledge of how the game ran and only a weak grasp of how the mechanics could be used effectively.

Now.. I know much more. I blame spending significant amounts of time in games with expert players and optimizers.
Same here.

People who can build Superman out of the commoner class..
Really?!??!
Send a link! If I can send commoners as assassins after you guys...

Or maybe its a game and some things dont need an explanation as long as the DM doesnt ask for them. Be nice.

I think I will, though I will be shocked if the potions keep pace with the damage Acererack is doing to me. Command and Shatter sound positively useless.
Gimme four rounds...

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 06:46 PM
I actually want to FOM Quin. I am keeping my actions! We cannot afford him out of the fight for several minutes. He is much more valuable than Eduardo at the moment, so if it gets me killed, ah well. No fear!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 06:49 PM
I actually want to FOM Quin. I am keeping my actions! We cannot afford him out of the fight for several minutes. He is much more valuable than Eduardo at the moment, so if it gets me killed, ah well. No fear!
Your plan was flawed from the beginning.
Quin should have been on the offensive, while you two buffed and distracted.

But 'luckily', Acererak has plans for your souls, so you need not worry too much.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 06:53 PM
No part of the plan actually worked! I had no buffs left, just a few little tricks that I have been using, emptying what's left of my ammunition. Quin basically DID go on the offensive, apart from casting heals while I talked to Acererack, which saved our lives once the spells started to fly.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 06:55 PM
I was speaking figuratively. I can link you to some impressive stuff, but nothing that big. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That would be the last thing I would think of doing with a link like that.

I would support leaving Quin to unfreeze, if I had not just burnt all the good buff spells putting his Attack in the 20s... If Quin had buffed Eduardo, I would have said let him rest..

Misaat
2011-12-01, 06:59 PM
Whaaaat i was just saying XD

Anyway its not like Maki has been that chatty when raging All he has done is Bark Order's and that phrase about his grandfather.

Its not like just because he's raging he has to be all gritted teeth and going

"RRRRRARRARRRRRGHHH"

(That would be the Frenzied Berserked PRC XD)

And last round of Rage i think... Dammit this is going to be bad... XD

" Really? Did it cut LIKE THIS?! "

He ones again unloads a wave of attacks on top of the Beginning.

Damage 1:[roll1]

Damage 2:[roll3]

Attack 3:[roll4]

Damage 3:[roll5]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 07:14 PM
Attack 1:(1d20+20)[34]
And now...
He starts trying.
*Oasys cracks his knuckles*

That would be the last thing I would think of doing with a link like that.
Shucks.
Oh well, I've always liked coming up with my own twisted nightmares anyways. But I can admit, a little inspiration goes a long way.

Quin basically DID go on the offensive, apart from casting heals while I talked to Acererack, which saved our lives once the spells started to fly.
Precisely, while talking and with Quin buffing, nothing 'big' happened.
When Quin took matters into his own hands, something happened.

I'm just waiting for Prescott's actions, because I figure Ditto will want to give him new ones.
Just repeating, my NPCs are making new actions to.
Pete has Actions too.

Oh, and I got tokens.
I think I'll upload a few so you guys could have a look and pick ones you like, I'll even modify them, to represent colors, weapons, etc.

Verisimilitude
2011-12-01, 07:16 PM
Pete grabs the fallen caster and drags it into the center of the antechamber. There he drops the remaining three longspears and the body.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 07:22 PM
If the skeleton is incomplete, I'll let you know more specifically what Pete is grabbing.
Uh...
It's a bundle of cloth, items and bones.
Hassadur doesn't leave pretty corpses. Even worse for undead.

Misaat, I got it.
Give Hassadur Stoneskin, then Craft Contingency to cast another Stoneskin as soon as the first is lost.
Explosive Runes on his scales.

In life, was it a druid?
Search Check to identify.

Uh, are you sure this is what you want to spend the round doing? An NPC just got knocked out...

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 07:31 PM
HEhehehehhehehhe

Just read this.

start every day with a contingencied revivify. collect your DM's tears for later use.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 07:36 PM
Quin and the skull both go before me, so my action may not be relevant... But I, too, am going to keep the same action. If the skull is still nearby, which I imagine it would be if Quin is likewise there, I'm going to frost at it. [roll0] cold damage, no SR, no DR, DC20 Ref halves.

A force effect originating on the Material Plane extends onto the Ethereal Plane, so that a wall of force blocks an ethereal creature, and a magic missile can strike one (provided the spellcaster can see the ethereal target). Gaze effects and abjurations also extend from the Material Plane to the Ethereal Plane. None of these effects extend from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane.
I don't think Acererak can shoot Eduardo with Magic Missile... might need to retxon one more action.

I checked, Arcane sight does not reveal ethereal. Only See Invisibility and True Seeing. But Acererak can't see us very well, either...

Misaat
2011-12-01, 07:37 PM
HEhehehehhehehhe

Just read this.

Buuut Contingency is a Wizard spell And Revivify is a Cleric spell... It doesnt work... Unless you have divine Mage or the Spell Domain that grants you Anyspell

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 07:40 PM
HEhehehehhehehhe

Just read this.

"The orc frowns, shrugs, and hits you with the battleaxe again."

I don't think Acererak can shoot Eduardo with Magic Missile... Oh no, yes, he most certainly can.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 07:42 PM
Prescott is a crafting mage. He and Quin will work out something clever, you can co-cast to craft things. :smallamused:

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 07:51 PM
The skull is the real Acererack. Can we get results for the round???

Misaat
2011-12-01, 07:53 PM

Leonard is THE REAL Acererak!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 08:58 PM
The City That Waits...

Working through the pain, Eduardo frees Quin from his debilitating weakness, allowing the cleric to move again...
The skull dances wildly as Prescott unleashes his great wave of cold, bathing Quin and the construct in his frosty power.
Chattering and stuttering, Acererak speaks through the construct, "You accuse me of fear..."
Ice frosts over its ice, and cover the nose, but the jaw keeps moving.
"...cowardice..."

[roll0] Quin's Reflex Save, to halve breath damage
[roll1] Quin's Reflex Save, to avoid Blade Barrier
[roll2] Prescotts Reflex Save, to avoid Blade Barrier

[roll3] + 50% Damage, to Quin
[roll4] + 50% Damage, to Prescott

Initiative Orders
Acererak the Ghost
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Harley the Looter
Thoradin Stoneheart
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Pharrah, the Apprentice
The Beginning

Eduardo
Quin
Prescott
Acererak the Jeweled Skull
Acererak the Ghost

Healing and Staying Alive and Not Dying in Return. Read meh. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871786/A_Players_Guide_to_Healing_(And,_why_you_will_be_J ust_Fine_without_a_Cleric_to_heal))

So... can I take the bundle? Bundle sounds cohesive.
No, no, it's just, not a skeleton anymore...
:smallwink:

Sorry, Harley.
Lol, I love how that ALL makes sense OoC, but IC, Harley may not appreciate it as much.

Leonard is THE REAL Acererak!
You got it boss!

...elsewheres...

Vecna staggers under the weight of Heironeous, and tries to shut out Acererak's voice.
It had been difficult maintaining his godhood, and feeling a little guilt over how he'd done, Vecna can't even look at the broken deity now sagging over his shoulder, and Acererak's prattle doesn't help.
"...but my fear made me STRONG!"
A sole broken skeleton, it' legs crushed by Heironeous follows them down the mountain, screeching Acererak's words after them.
"...there is nowhere left to run..."

...the City That Waits...

"...no place to hide..."
A whirling, wall of blades descends upon Quin and Prescott, and the Jewelled Skull, who continues it's tirade from the true Master of Death...
"...I'm in every shadow..."

...elsewheres...

"...I darken every light..."
Reaching the bottom of a cliff-face, Vecna wills himself to tear his gaze from the long journey below, and casts his sight to the crashing waves below.
"...my breath is power...
"BE SILENT!"
"...my word is ecstasy..."
Normally, Vecna would simply Phase Shift them away...
...but with Acererak apparently everywhere, he could be waiting, and the simplest drain of power could prove his undoing.
This could be the demi-lich's way of goading him into a trap.
Tripping over ruined robes, Vecna keeps walking, dragging Heironeous along.

"...the Columned Throne Room..."

The Fallen caster was ruined by Hassadur's attentions, and opting to take the remains of the door leading to the chambers beyond, Pete makes his way to the center of the throne room.

"...the City That Waits..."

The whirling blades spin faster and faster, and as Quin and Prescott try to get out of the way, Eduardo hears Acererak everywhere; from all around, beneath his feet and from every tomb and grave.
"...I hold the keys to every door..."

...elsewheres...

...the answers to your every question...
Moradin grits his teeth, holding back the reaching spear of the undead frost giant with his bare hands.
Drawing on more of his remaining strength, he shoves the weapon aside, letting the spear sink into the blood-stained earth, and the frost-giant nears him, it's teeth and jaws snapping and twisting around Acererak's words.
"...the grave is no bar to my call..."
Unleashing a blast of light and an aura of good, Moradin burns the creature from his sight, and reaches for the fallen war-hammer that had allowed it to get so close.
Two more rise from the mist, and Moradin smiles.
"...I will become your past..."
"...I am your future..."

"...the City That Waits..."

"...your present is mine..."
There is a rustling and a shaking beneath their feet, and Eduardo gets a distinct bad feeling.

"...the Columned Throne Room..."

Thoradin breaks off, he's taken too much damage, leaving Maki and Pharrah to attend to the Mysterious Warrior, while he sees to Harley.
Maki, scoring another deep blow on The Beginning, earns himself a scream of rage from him.
"I rescind my Quivering Palm Strike!"
Pete, unseen, suddenly gets goosebumps, and his forehead feels cold.
Effortlessly deflecting more attacks from Maki and Pharrah, the Mysterious Warrior touches Maki with two fingers on the forehead.
"Sakai Tribute: Geishu Clan Seal!"
Now Maki has goosebumps and a distinct warm feeling in his forehead...

Everyone's got Actions...

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 09:02 PM
So I didn't take 35 damage from magic missile?
[roll0]I think you called for a spot check a little while ago.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 09:02 PM
[roll0] Prescott's Fort Save vs. Massive Damage
[roll1] Quin's Fort Save vs. Massive Damage

So I didn't take 35 damage from magic missile?
(d20+15)[21]I think you called for a spot check a little while ago.
No.

Nothing for Eduardo to see at the moment, other than the whirling blades of evoked death currently willed into being upon his allies.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 09:05 PM
Hold on, I call a reroll on that Reflex save. Im using the one I get from True Believer. *crosses fingers*

And I see that failed Massive damage check, hold your horses.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 09:44 PM
And I see that failed Massive damage check, hold your horses.
:smallbiggrin:*
[roll0] Quin's Reflex Save to avoid the Blade Barrier... Fails.
He takes full damage.

And Quin's Massive Damage save was successful, the DC is 15.

*Elfstone never lets me have any fun...

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 09:48 PM
No... The breath weapon..

I swear thats what I meant. I thought I had passed the other...

Ditto
2011-12-01, 09:49 PM
Ow. I have to re-hydra-ize my sheet... I am still standing, but I will die as soon as I revert back to human form. :smalleek:

Blade Barrier is a divine spell. Stupid UMD. :smalltongue:

Is that Skull still standing, or do I have to frostburn it again?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 09:52 PM
No... The breath weapon..
Oh, okay. I'll reroll then.

I swear thats what I meant. I thought I had passed the other...
Nope.

[roll0] Quin's Reflex Save vs. Prescott's Breath Weapon

Is that Skull still standing, or do I have to frostburn it again?
Uh, can't see it through the hydra blood, Quin's blood and the whirling blades?
Best do it again to be sure.
Remember, another 15d6 is rolled if you move through the barrier.

Blade Barrier is a divine spell. Stupid UMD.
He's got levels in cleric.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 09:53 PM
Rolling against Massive Damage again for Quin
[roll0]

So, Prescott took... 85 HPs of Damage this Round...
...Quin took 149 HPs of Damage.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 09:57 PM
Oh, okay. I'll reroll then.

Nope.

[roll0] Quin's Reflex Save vs. Prescott's Breath Weapon

Uh, can't see it through the hydra blood, Quin's blood and the whirling blades?
Best do it again to be sure.
Remember, another 15d6 is rolled if you move through the barrier.

He's got levels in cleric.

He's supposed to just be a sorcerer...

AND HA. HAHAH. The dice don't hate Quin.

He lives. For now.

Be honest, did we get as far as you thought?

YAY 7 HPS!!!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:04 PM
He's supposed to just be a sorcerer...
That doesn't make any sense, through every edition, he's been a wizard.
Sorcerors march across the land and burn everything they want.
Wizards scheme.
Every instance of him being statted out has been as a wizard.

Be honest, did we get as far as you thought?
Everyone's right where they're supposed to be.

Events are transpiring exactly as Acererak has forseen, for he alone has vision.
Time, to bring in the Horror.
Gimme some Actions!

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-01, 10:15 PM
The blade barrier dominates Eduardo's field of vision. He sees no enemy. He has lost sight of Quin--only his Deathwatch tells him that the dwarf is still alive... barely.

The Master is resourceful, but he is running out of tricks. It's obvious that the three of them are far outmatched. The next attack the demi-lich made would kill them all. If there was one thing Eduardo understood, it was the inevitability of death.

Slowly, cautiously, he backs away from the barrier, producing another healing potion and drinking it down.

Go on. Finish the job, he mutters, half to Acererack and half to himself

Move 15 feet south, then drink potion of cure moderate wounds
[roll0]
[roll1]SPOT- does deathwatch pick up the A-Man?

Ditto
2011-12-01, 10:20 PM
Before I frost again, I need to know what the battlefield looks like... Unclear on how the barrier divided us. I failed the reflex save, so I don't get to choose which side I ended up on. Since it hit both Quin and me but not Eduardo, I assume the wall formed on an east-west line (row K-ish). Did I end up on the North (with Eduardo) or South side? Which did Quin and the skull end up on? And the skull should have taken the same damage we did from the barrier... did that squish it already?

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 10:22 PM
Don't. Blast.

Quin is at 7 HPS!!!!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:26 PM
Before I frost again, I need to know what the battlefield looks like... Unclear on how the barrier divided us.
It didn't.
Acererak put it on top of Quin and Prescott.
They're inside it.
It follows the same line, through row K, that Prescott used for his breath weapon too protect Eduardo.

And the skull should have taken the same damage we did from the barrier... did that squish it already?
Who can tell?

Don't. Blast. Quin is at 7 HPS!!!!
lol, aren't you worried about the 15d6+50% coming at you?

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 10:28 PM
Wait, I thought that already included that?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:29 PM
Lasts one minute per level.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 10:34 PM
Yeah, there's nothing in the spell that says you are stuck WITHIN the wall until you pass a reflex save. Walls are essentially paper-thin, mechanically, and exist along a square's edge. The ref save lets us choose which side we end up on if we pass. If we don't pass, we take the damage from moving through it... because we are effectively BEING shoved through it, to one side or the other. It's not possible to be inside of a Wall spell like this...

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:39 PM
Yeah, there's nothing in the spell that says you are stuck WITHIN the wall until you pass a reflex save.
The wall is cast atop the characters.

Walls are essentially paper-thin, mechanically, and exist along a square's edge.
'spinning blades'
It could be as large(wide) as great handswords to daggers to small razor blades.

"If you evoke the barrier so that it appears where creatures are, each creature takes damage as if passing through the wall. Each such creature can avoid the wall (ending up on the side of its choice) and thus take no damage by making a successful Reflex save. "
Neither Prescott or Quin made their save, so they couldn't avoid or choose a side.

If we don't pass, we take the damage from moving through it... because we are effectively BEING shoved through it, to one side or the other.
If they're standing where it IS, they'd take the same damage as passing through it.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 10:40 PM
That's exactly why I went to look him up. They don't take up a square, rather run along one.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 10:48 PM
That's exactly why I went to look him up. They don't take up a square, rather run along one.
This makes no sense to me.

Pick a side you two. North or South.

Elfstone
2011-12-01, 10:52 PM
South. Please.

Misaat
2011-12-01, 10:53 PM
He rescinds his... That doesnt make any.... its not even in the.... i Hate you ¬¬

Are we on the 10 round of rage because then im done for... XD

" Dont touch me bastard! "

Maki says as he brings the Falchion down on him again and again and AGAIN! Even as the strength of his rage fades from within him.

Damage : [roll1]

Damage : [roll3]

Damage : [roll5]

Ditto
2011-12-01, 10:56 PM
Appearing on top of us is why we took the damage, as specified in the description... and technically even that part doesn't make sense for spells with an area of Line, since Lines are defined by borders, but hey whatever it's explicitly an effect. Being 'trapped' within the wall is not listed as an ongoing effect of the spell. It's a wall.

1 N, 2 S: [roll0] Prescott goes North.

I think Eduardo meant to say he went 15 ft North, not South, since the wall is south of him and he said he moved away from the wall.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-12-01, 11:04 PM
I think Thoradin is dead, like -40 HP...

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 11:05 PM
and technically even that part doesn't make sense for spells with an area of Line, since Lines are defined by borders,
Blade Barrier isn't defined as having a Line area.
It's an Effect.
Outside of that, there's no mention of wall of force or any of the other wall of spells to draw tertiary reference from.

The only reason I'm ruling in your favors is because in cases like these, I believe in following the spirit or flavor of the spell, which uses the word 'vertical curtain' which lends credence to your 'thin as paper' point.
But it being a wall made of whirling blades...
Whatever, it's unimportant.
North and south.

but it's explicitly an effect. Being 'trapped' within the wall is not listed as an ongoing effect of the spell. It's a wall.
The spell does say that on a successful Reflex save, any character the wall is brought down upon, can choose a side to avoid it and totally avoid damage.
It doesn't say if they fail they still get to avoid.

Are we on the 10 round of rage because then im done for... XDYes.
And I forgot to roll your Extended Mummy Rot...
Gotta remember.

If Prescott and Quin have moved to either side of the wall, it would have been last round when it first descended, meaning they'll have real Actions now.

I think Thoradin is dead, like -40 HP...
lol for some reason I've been putting it off. Lemme count it...

Verisimilitude
2011-12-01, 11:10 PM
Pete strides south to stand nearer Harley and Thoradin. From there he looses a healing arrow at Maki.

Ditto
2011-12-01, 11:25 PM
Prescott's heads whip around, searching for the skull.

Oh, we didn't avoid anything! I took 87 damage, that wall sliced me up plenty good! It would have been worse if it was shaped into a ring and I was stuck on the inside... that's why the choosing-your-side part is helpful. Otherwise, I'd assume I am trapped. But since it's just a straight line, neither north nor south is 'obviously' the 'bad' side. (Wall of Fire has a good side and a bad side, for instance.)

Prescott is looking for a target. I don't think I need any sort of check to find it, since I saw it right in front of me 2 seconds ago, and Blade Barrier does not block line of sight (though it does give cover, if the skull has a borked Hide check along with everything else... :smalltongue:) Spot check, if necessary. [roll0]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-01, 11:44 PM
I'm assuming Pete has no knowledge of the duration of rage
Well, if he's worked with barbarians before, or asked Maki about it, the same way Jake explained the finer points of magic to the barbarian...
He might!

...the incubation of rot...
Maki's dice have held out really well, and it doesn't help I keep forgetting.
But once again, this depends on prior knowledge for your character...
Though once it manifests, it'll be apparent it's moving absurdly fast.

or that Quivering Palm was just placed on Maki.
Well, if he could look in the mirror, he'd know the marks Pharrah had pointed out are gone.
And it's not Quivering Palm.

He rescinds his... That doesnt make any.... its not even in the.... i Hate you ¬¬
D'awwwww. The suit accentuates and frees a great deal of the wearer's abilities.

Are we on the 10 round of rage because then im done for... XD
I do think so, my friend.
Update the sheet.
And Pharrah might be able to cast

No idea what is happening with Pete's sheet. It looks almost completely blank. Anyone know anything related to this sort of thing? Anyone else have similar problems?
Don't panic. Myth-weavers goes down periodically.
Bad servers, too many users, and not enough support from said users.
Am I on the mark, Elfstone?
:smalleek:
PANIC!
It's only on yours!
IusuallymakebackupsbutIhaven'tdonethatinawhile!

Oh, we didn't avoid anything! I took 87 damage, that wall sliced me up plenty good! It would have been worse if it was shaped into a ring and I was stuck on the inside... that's why the choosing-your-side part is helpful.
That was the plan, but with Eduardo south of Quin, it would have hit him too.
And Acererak needs him alive.

The Skull is on the north side.

[roll0]

As Thoradin slouches across the sand, his body finally decides to tell his mind that he is quite dead, and it's time to let go.
Forcefully dragging his concious will into the darkness after it, his body sinks to the sand in a likewise fashion.
Still firmly routed in the land of the living, Harley is dragged into the world of the concious by Daina, firing her few remaining healing arrows into his chest in point blank range.
"He's killing us, Harley!" she hisses.
Knowing where she's going with this, Harley snaps to his feet, and ducks a vengeful kick from the Mysterious Warrior.
"...you have to do what you must!"
Ignoring her, Harley leaps to attack with renewed fervor, his face tight and his eyes glazing over.
Becoming a whirlwind of defense, the Mysterious Warrior blocks their every attack from all three sides.
Pharrah growls, "We have to wrap this up..."
Lunging forward, he touches Maki's chest with all four of his fingers and his thumb, before smacking his palm over the barbarian's heart.
"Sakai Tribute: Mogura Clan Seal!"
The burning on Maki's forehead grows a little warmer, matching that now laden within his chest.

This is just depressing.
I'll say...

Only answer I'm seeing is download it after every update so you have a secure local copy.

I guess I'll just rebuild it in the morning. Or after work.
I'm going to download every sheet now...

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-12-02, 02:02 AM
What an ignomious end of least effective character ever seen by man!

Oasys you have been an outstanding DM. I'll still be watching. Waiting for some else to pull a Thordin and begin sucking!

Verisimilitude
2011-12-02, 06:26 AM
Pete grabs Thoradin by the gauntlets and drags him into the antechamber.

Ditto
2011-12-02, 08:14 AM
Locating the skull, a severely battered Prescott breathes in again with many serpentine mouths, and exhales a blistering block of frost at his iced-over foe.

Skull on the North, what luck!

[roll0] cold dmg, Ref DC20 halves. [roll1] rounds til I can do that again. Nice damage! But now I'll have to bite him like a normal hydra would if he's around in a turn. And if *I'm* around in a turn.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 08:42 AM
Who's got actions?

Ditto
2011-12-02, 09:49 AM
That's you and me post-BB, so I think team caster has just Quin left.

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 09:56 AM
Quins fly spell should be up still right? How high is the wall?

Misaat
2011-12-02, 10:19 AM
He sure is taking his sweet time with all those special moves

" I TOLD YOU TO STOP THAT!! "

Getting Strenghts from god knows where Maki keeps trying to unleash a series of precise blows upon his enemy.

ATTACK 1:[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]

ATTACK 2:[roll2]

Damage:[roll3]

Whoops That Damage is +11 Forgot to put the +2 From the Magic Falchion XD
ATTACK 3:[roll4]

Damage:[roll5]

Ditto
2011-12-02, 11:01 AM
Yup, should still be good. It's 20 ft tall.

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 02:35 PM
Since Quin can fly, Im assuming he can levitate off the ground without having to stand up.. If so, He'd use a move to go as high as possible and drink a potions of CSW. Is that okay Oasy?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 03:02 PM
Since Quin can fly, Im assuming he can levitate off the ground without having to stand up.. If so, He'd use a move to go as high as possible and drink a potions of CSW. Is that okay Oasy?
Yes, I'll post soon.
Taking a firm hold of Thoradin, Pete can immediately tell that the dwarf is undeniably dead.
DEAD.
The beatings of the mysterious warrior has left their mark on the defender, though Pete suspects most of the injuries are from internal failures of the body.
The dwarf vanishes from sight, and though there's a rather tell-tale track left in the sand, the Mysterious Warrior is in no position to impede him.

It's unfortunate for the adventurers that Hassadur remains invisible during his attack, lifting the Mysterious Warrior in his jaws as he carries The Beginnign away, knocking Pharrah and Harley aside.
A snake tackle.
Leaving a long track in the sand, Maki, Harley and Pharrah are left standing with nobody to fight.
"Well, that was unexpected..."
"...I'll say."

Initiative Orders
Acererak the Ghost
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
Hassadur the Snake
Harley the Looter
Maki, the Barbarian
Celestial Dog
Pharrah, the Apprentice
The Beginning
Thoradin Stoneheart

Eduardo
Quin
Prescott
Acererak the Jeweled Skull
Acererak the Ghost

What an ignomious end of least effective character ever seen by man! Seriously, go back to the beginning. :smallwink:, and see Bob and Jim. Porter didn't even make it inside the Tomb, which was rather convenient, when I was thinking who the demi-lich would kill first.

Oasys you have been an outstanding DM. I'll still be watching. Waiting for some else to pull a Thordin and begin sucking!
A little confused, than I realized I hadn't taken the dwarf to the island...

Sheet repaired and downloaded.
Do you have the arrow count?
From Daina, Concubines and the Fallen?

I'll just take him instead
Economical.

He sure is taking his sweet time with all those special moves Oh, he can activate the kill anytime he wants, he just wants to put Maki down. Messily.
The barbarian has gotten on his nerves.
It's the island again for dwarf Stoneheart.
Thoradin, finding himself on Dresden's island once more, can see the beach. Nothing appears to have changed.
He can see the tarrasque head and the vampiress in the distance.

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 03:23 PM
Shaking his head, Quin raises his hands and launches himself upward, downing a potion he snatched from his belt on the way up. He stops thirty feet strait up.

[roll0]

Hope Quin makes it another round. And if the master is sacred, we should use him to keep the lich from killing us..

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 03:28 PM
if the master is sacred, we should use him to keep the lich from killing us..

Uh... what?

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 03:31 PM
Oasy mentioned that the lich wouldn't kill the master, as henwas special admittedly it was ooc...
Uh... what?

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 03:32 PM
I think he meant all of us. Also, it's not that he won't kill us, it's that he has some use for our souls, which I don't find comforting in the least.

Ditto
2011-12-02, 03:41 PM
The Fly spell lets you move 60 ft with a move, or 40 if you're encumbered. Also there's hustling. So you can get all the way over and back down to us, if you'd like.

Yes, knowing Acererak has plans for us does not make us any less-dead. Eduardo and I have been variously dead mean walking just now (due to Diehard and Polymorph, respectively), so it's just the luck of the dice that we haven't been propersquished as yet.

What we need right now is a spelljammer button. (In my RL campaign, we were visited by a spelljammer ship. At the end of the session, I was given what amounts to a signal flare - press the stud, and the ship will make a point to show up again. Might take a week to travel... might appear instantly. Who can know? But it'd be useful and FUN to have right now!)

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 03:51 PM
Actually what we need right now is a miracle. Or perhaps a miracle. Damnit Quin, why aren't you level 17 yet?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 03:54 PM
heals - (4d8+15)[36]
...Cure Serious Wounds is a maximum of 3d8+15, and since the "caster level for a standard potion is the minimum caster level needed to cast the spell (unless otherwise specified)...
And unless Quin was 15th level at the time he crafted the potion...
Well, no Brew Potion Feat, so I find myself mystified...
Anyways, the 75% rules still applies.
So, with Cure Serious Wounds being a third-level spell, that would lead me to assume a [roll0] would be significantly more appropriate, according to the rules as written.
And a Cure Moderate Wounds Potion would heal 2d8+3 HPs of Damage, and Cure Light Wounds would heal 1d8+1 HPs of Damage, unless of course they were specifically brewed at a higher caster level, in which case costs in gold and XP would be expected...

Standing with potion in hand, Eduardo is relatively alone.
Except for the shifting in the earth he can feel beneath his feet...
...Quin, taking to the air can sense the stirring as well!
On the offensive, Prescott's blast of ice causes the skull to disappear in his breath assault of cold...
Or one would assume...
The skull, sails upward, smashing Quin full in the face once more.

[roll1]
At his feet, and in every grave and tomb, except for the central sepulchre's in the graveyard-tipped with angels, there is a great stirring.
Eduardo sees the earth split, as clawed fingers dig their way to the surface.
The undead, of the skeletal and zombie variety, tear themselvers from their slumber, staggering from all directions in countless numbers, presenting a shifting terrain of the dead across the graveyard.
It will be very difficult to find Acererak and the Skull among all of them...
The single skeleton that had broken out where Eduardo stands faces away from him, then it's head turns around fully, looking back at him.
"I have a counter-offer to your 'wager'..."

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 04:00 PM
My bad. I assumed Quin got them from his temple... I think I added a few GP, since there is usually a discount on potions sold to clerics In most temples.

And $@$"$ that skull. It dies next round.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 04:01 PM
Lacking the fire power to counter a massive swarm of undead, Eduardo does the next best thing, and veils himself, and the hydra formerly known as Prescott. The spell would fail to hide him from Acererack, but that was fine by the Master. He still had words for the lich.

Hide from undead. The shambling masses get no save. Intelligent undead have to make a DC 19 save. I'll target Prescott with it, too, if I can reach him. Is he less than 40 feet from me?

EDIT: I see that I am very close to Prescott. I'll move north so I am in the square south of him.

I'm listening. What do you have to offer me?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 04:16 PM
Hide from undead.
Been waiting for THIS too!

EDIT: I see that I am very close to Prescott. I'll move north so I am in the square south of him.
Sweet, AoO!

My bad. I assumed Quin got them from his temple... I think I added a few GP, since there is usually a discount on potions sold to clerics In most temples.
I would have agreed on multiple accounts.
Though running it by me would have been nice.
Though it also doesn't say much about me that I've only noticed until now...

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 04:17 PM
Attack of Opportunity from what? Nothing is threatening me.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 04:23 PM
The single skeleton that had broken out where Eduardo stands faces away from him, then it's head turns around fully, looking back at him.

Mhmmm, nevermind, it's facing in the wrong direction.

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 04:57 PM
Shouting out in frustration as he feels his healing slip away Quin roars "Come back here you tiny insignificant animated skull. I'll show you how to really do battle."

How. The. **** has this thing never missed. Holding a standard to slash this thing out of the park.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

*throws dice on the table*

Fine. I see how it is. I submit to the plot, as Quin's dead otherwise.

Verisimilitude
2011-12-02, 04:59 PM
Pete leaves Thoradin on his back in the middle of the antechamber with the broken door and longspears. Then he looses a healing arrow at Harley and jogs into the throne room once more, turning east as he passes the door, until moments later he stands over his discarded boots.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 04:59 PM
I grow suspicious of this skull as well. It has taken hundreds in HP damage (unless it is cold-immune), cast blasphemy, and wailed on us with slam attacks. WTF! It's suspect, I tell you!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 05:06 PM
:smallconfused:
Sorry, is Eduardo north or south of the blade barrier?

How. The. **** has this thing never missed.

I grow suspicious of this skull as well. It has taken hundreds in HP damage (unless it is cold-immune), cast blasphemy, and wailed on us with slam attacks. WTF! It's suspect, I tell you!
Perhaps Acererak optimized it to hit and run?

Of course.
Excellent.

Just thought I'd share, for the benefit of anyone trying to crunch hit point totals versus damage conservation rates for various survival scenarios which may or may not be imminent.
Ah, numbers... What can be more satisfying, and comforting than the crunching of them!

Just to clarify the above, after this action Pete will have 20 healing arrows.Alright.
This is actually good.
Even though Daina's run out, Pete's still got some, and now she can go on the offensive.

Ditto
2011-12-02, 05:10 PM
Eduardo and Prescott should both be North, Quin was south but now is in the air over the north side. I think you have your Up and Down backward, HP3, the bladebarrier is along the bottom edge of row K-ish.

With Arcane sight up, I don't worry at all about keeping track of that skull. No doubt he looks *very* different from the different skeletons bouncing around here. Also, flying. :smalltongue: Acererak just looks visually very different from these folks... but he hasn't been in sight ANYway, so it's really all the same, innit? Unless my shiny new Scent ability will help locate him on the ethereal... Man, that'd be messed up.

Acererak! Get over here! I can smell you clear across the planes!

Even being 15 ft tall with 10 ft reach, I don't know if I can reach high enough to catch that skull... but I probably couldn't do any significant damage to it, anyway. I'ma just hold until there are threatening zombies/skeletons that approach to attack. I will refrain from doing so until they actually attack *us*, so as not to break the Hide From Undead spell.

But c'mon, I dare a zombie to tempt a hydra. :smallamused: Provoke an AoO! Doooo it! :smallbiggrin:

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 05:12 PM
Acererak! Get over here! I can smell you clear across the planes!

But c'mon, I dare a zombie to tempt a hydra. Provoke an AoO! Doooo it!
Skeletons: Yo', get at us bro'! Get at us! Make some Actions bro'! Get. At. Us! We're DTF-Down. To. Fight.

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 05:14 PM
I really hope they knock off the beginning. We could use some help.

You mean YOU optimized it to hit and run...

Remember the AC penalty for charging... If thats what its doing.

How's Welby doing?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 05:17 PM
I really hope they knock off the beginning. We could use some help.
Admittedly, they're ahead of schedule...

You mean YOU optimized it to hit and run...
Who, me?
Well, yeah... It's playing a marginally different roll than what was called for in the module.

Remember the AC penalty for charging... If thats what its doing.
I was tempted to let it charge, even though it was flying, but I thought that'd be sketchy.

How's Welby doing?
He's cheesed.
I shall roll some dice for him and Jake soon.

Ditto
2011-12-02, 05:32 PM
Prescott eyes the sudden swarm of undead with some concern, weakened as he is. Combat prowess or not, he knew that he was living on borrowed time and even at full strength, they would be overwhelmed if the undead decided to rush.

My actions are wait for an undead to attack us (since one attack could end any of us...), so readying that strike. Otherwise I will not attack the undead just for milling around us - I dealt with this situation on Dresden's island, so that doesn't weird me out *so* much. And in another two rounds, I'm frost that skull up again. I can't heal myself and I can't revert to human form. My options are limited at the moment.

How's Dranga doing, at that? I know we're not going into any great detail with her arc, and it's only been like 10 minutes since we last heard an update, but... still indisposed? Or on the road to being back among us?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 05:41 PM
How's Dranga doing, at that? I know we're not going into any great detail with her arc, and it's only been like 10 minutes since we last heard an update, but... still indisposed? Or on the road to being back among us?
Valera hasn't 1) eaten her, 2) killed her or 3) taken her sould. So I'd say she's doing well.
Dranga will return for Return, stronger than ever. That's all I'll say for now.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/snakelearnstackle.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/OasysWebmaster/surrounded.jpg

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 05:46 PM
I take it the black stuff is the undead swarm?

By the way, did harley, daina, and dranga start as PCs? Or did they start out as NPCs? They're not from the original module, of course...

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 05:48 PM
You have to be messing with us...

And now everyone has gone. Post?

Ditto
2011-12-02, 05:54 PM
Eduardo shouldn't be all the way down there... he was standing right next to Prescott, northward more.

Dranga was a PC briefly, but Harley and Daina are both tied to Half-moon Row. I remember reading that when Dranga's player disappeared, Oasys was sad because it was such a nice character...

So help me, Oasys, if you turn Dranga into and undead succubus BBEG I will never forgive you. That's Leonard's future maternal figure you're messing with! :smallbiggrin:

Clearly the black spots are oil spills. Don't worry, guys, Acererak was all talk about the 'teeming undead hordes' thing. He's really just an eco-terrorist.

Misaat
2011-12-02, 06:00 PM
" Did Hassadur just... Wow... aaaaanyway... ha..... ha ...ha "

Maki goes on one knee and starts to sigh. He feels weak.

" Parrah... Do you have some spell that can help me keep on fighting? "

And Maybe remove mummy rot in the process? Not that im picky or anything XD

Misaat
2011-12-02, 06:12 PM
Clearly those blackspots are where Acererak didnt pay the light bill.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 06:21 PM
I take it the black stuff is the undead swarm?

You have to be messing with us...
Yes and no.
And with that breath of his, Prescott should be fine...

By the way, did harley, daina, and dranga start as PCs? Or did they start out as NPCs? They're not from the original module, of course...
Harley and Daina were always NPCs.
Harley followed them from Half-moon Row, and Daina was part of the Original Party that went up the hill.
Dranga was a PC, but Derjuin found she couldn't keep up.
Jake was a PC too.

I'm planning on retraining Daina, Harley, Jake, Dranga and even Welby, to be more powerful and useful for Return.

And now everyone has gone. Post?
Indeed.
Eduardo casts the spell, effectively-
The undead speak as one.
"You would hide from me?"
"The coward?"
"AhahahahahaHAHAhaha..."
The skull laughs too, dancing out of Quin's reach, than flying away.
"I am everywhere!"
"Where there is Death, there you shall find me!"
"You cannot hide!"
The skeletons and zombies raise their right hands and weapons into the air.
"When I go to war, I raise ten billion fists...
"...when I march across the blackened earth, it will be with tweny billion feet..."
"...when I gaze upon you, crush your will, devour your hope and end your dreams, it is the twenty billion eyes of the innocent..."
"This Dark Tide comes, and you cannot turn it back..."
"...I swill sweep all aside, and devour all that I pass..."
"The gods planned, plotted and practiced, but now I wreck them...The sole skeleton that had stood before Eduardo comes nearer, bearing a black knife.
"My wager? Plunge this dagger into your heart until you are dead... Then, I will show you fear. And if you don't... I'll show your friends fear..."

Perhaps it's just unusual weather activity.
That's for later!

Or possibly the dry soil of the necropolis has collapsed under the weight of the swarm, leaving only deep, shadowy pits behind.

Or maybe those are just OOC speech bubbles.

Just sprayed Coke all over my laptop laughing.
:smallbiggrin:, and then :smallfrown:

And Maybe remove mummy rot in the process? Not that im picky or anything XD
You lucky barbarian you.
Kneeling, Maki doesn't see the significant look Pharrah and Harley share.
Pharrah points at his forehead and chest, and Harley shakes his head.
She opens her mouth, and he does it again.
"No." he mouths.
Skeptical, Pharrah places her hands on his shoulders.
She begins to cast a spell to replicate Maki's lost anger...
Rage.

Harley thanks his unseen helper as Pete makes his way to his boots.
They're right where he left them!

Hassadur and the Mysterious Warrior are going at it with great fury.
The snake slams The Beginning into the north wall, and he responds with his own furious punches in attempts to break the great serpent's grip.

Ditto
2011-12-02, 06:22 PM

And THAT, ladies and demiliches, is why you DON'T. KILL. WINKY. :smallmad:

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 06:26 PM
And THAT, ladies and demiliches, is why you DON'T. KILL. WINKY. :smallmad:

LOL!!!

Also, perhaps kill the Lich with bad jokes? I can actually see this working...

I MEANT QUINS actions..... :smallannoyed:

Misaat
2011-12-02, 06:34 PM
Wait so im raging but... am i still fatigued?

" Emmm should we... help him or something? "

Maki says watching them go at it.

Verisimilitude
2011-12-02, 06:57 PM
Pete snatches his boots from the sand. Then without saying a word he races back into the antechamber.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 07:49 PM
Shouting out in frustration as he feels his healing slip away Quin roars "Come back here you tiny insignificant animated skull. I'll show you how to really do battle."

How. The. **** has this thing never missed. Holding a standard to slash this thing out of the park.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wait so im raging but... am i still fatigued?
"Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution, a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, and a -2 penalty to AC. The effect is otherwise identical with a barbarian’s rage except that the subjects aren’t fatigued at the end of the rage."
"A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted."
I'd say it cancels out Maki's penalties for exhaustion...
And he isn't fatigued, but will be, if Pharrah stops Concentrating on maintaining the Rage.
"In a second..."
Pharrah closes her eyes, concentrating, and willing the mummy's curse to be defeated...
Harley nods at the two of them, then turns, running toward the movement indicating the presence of Hassadur and the mysterious warrior.
As he runs off Pharrah lets out a shallow breath, "I've managed to weaken the curse enough you may be able to fight it on your own or be healed effectively."
Eyes closed, she releases the barbarian.

Inside the antechamber, the light of Pete's boots cast their warmth on Thoradin's cooling corpse.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 07:56 PM
Eduardo strides forward and snatches the dagger from the skeleton, breaking the abjuration in the process. He stares into the empty eye sockets of the animate skull.

Did you make this wager because you thought I would do it, or because you thought I wouldn't?

If you can show me fear, I'll thank you for it. I came to your tomb so I could learn something new about death. Let's see what you can show me.

With that, Eduardo plunges the black dagger into his own heart.

Roll damage Oaysis. It's an auto-crit, but I automatically pass the fort save.

Misaat
2011-12-02, 08:06 PM
" All right then!... Let's Go! "

Maki says as he runs to join Harley at the battlefield!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 08:11 PM
Roll damage Oaysis. It's an auto-crit, but I automatically pass the fort save.
dd6+6 <-fail
Question, does Eduardo still have Death Ward up?
If he'd cast it, it would have expired by now...
But if I missed it before...

Need Actions from Quin and Prescott

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 08:12 PM
Eduardo's death ward SLA lasts 8 hours. Maki's should still be functional as well.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 08:16 PM
Eduardo's death ward SLA lasts 8 hours.
Mhmmm.
Certainly better than the spell.

Maki says as he runs to join Harley at the battlefield
WHy not take the greataxe? It deals more damage than Maki's falchion...

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 08:20 PM
You screwed up the tags, oaysy. Assuming it was 2d6+6...

[roll0]Eduardo is still very much alive.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 08:27 PM
Eduardo is still very much alive.
True, and because of death ward, he doesn't gain three negative levels...
...but now, Acererak knows what he is, a Death Delver!
Acererak doesn't like being unknowledgeable about things.
Quin; Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
Prescott; Illusionist.
Eduardo; Question marks.

I gave him the Investigator Feat for some reason.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-02, 08:30 PM
He could have asked. The Master would have told him. It's not a secret. Also, how does this prove that I'm a Death Delver?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 08:40 PM
He could have asked. The Master would have told him. It's not a secret. Also, how does this prove that I'm a Death Delver?
But asking disrupts the omnipotent illusion...
...now he knows for sure.
Besides, it was more fun this way.

No Fear. Death Ward. The pale face.
Spell choices.
Aaaaaaand, he's been watching...

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 09:03 PM
.... Okay....? Quin couldn't stab himself in the heart. His armor would stop it. Heh. I doubt he could hit his own AC.

Quin is readying an attack on teh Skull, while looking like he is to tired to continue.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 09:13 PM
Quin is readying an attack on teh Skull, while looking like he is to tired to continue.
IC please!

Misaat
2011-12-02, 09:16 PM
If you want me to take the greataxe then its good i didnt take the greataxe XDDDD.. Anyway Maki's Falchion was given by his grandfather! it shall grant him strength!

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 09:17 PM

What more do you want??? Im not advertising to the skull im going to smack him...

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-02, 09:34 PM
What more do you want??? Im not advertising to the skull im going to smack him...
Yeah, those actions were for last round, what about this round?
And what are you Readying for? If it tries to leave?

Elfstone
2011-12-02, 09:39 PM
If Quin can hit it.

And he is waiting for it to come back an hit him. This round he pops another potion and waits for the skull

Verisimilitude
2011-12-02, 10:22 PM
Pete tosses one of the boots into the treasure chamber to the north and drops the other in the pile at the center of the antechamber. Stepping back to the doorway of the throne room, Pete looses once more at Harley.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 09:45 AM
Mild source of Acererak's speech... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great#Ruler_of_the_waves)
Also, Dark Seid... Dark Tide...

Need Actions for Ditto

New Initiative Order
Harley the Looter
Maki the Barbarian
Hassadur
Pharrah the Apprentice
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
The Mysterious Warrior, can't believe he rolled to be last... :smallfrown:

[roll0] Maki the Barbarian's Initiative Roll
[roll1] Pete Palkleth's Initiative Roll

Springing through the air, Harley is surprised when rather than landing atop Hassadur as he'd intended, he crashes to earth, tumbling across the sand.
No time to be embarrassed, he spits out sand in frustration.
Maki catches up to the man, but Hassadur is holding The Beginning up to high, almost as if he were trying to fight the mysterious warrior like that hero in the legend, who killed the earth's son by strangling him in mid-air...
Thrashing back and forth, Hassadur slams the Mysterious Warrior into the wall again.
Maintaining her concentration, Pharrah stays back, on hand in case Maki or Harley need anything.
Arrows lance from an unseen place, and Daina cheers as they stick into The Beginning!
"My arrows hit him now!"
With his Continual Flamed boots cast among the rooms, light flickers across the shields and swords, pushing back the gloom from Thoradin's body.
Using his sword for leverage, the Mysterious Warrior breaks free from Hassadur's grip, prying the snake's jaws apart, and abandoning it.
Catapulting through the air, he hurls knives as he flies to land behind Pharrah.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 10:00 AM
[roll0] Damage to Pete,
[roll1] Damage to Maki
The weapon bounces off Pete, but sticks to Maki's shoulder in a deep wound.
Landing on his feet, the Beginning spins around impossibly fast, stabbing the Apprentice in the back, pushing one of his glowing white knives through her heart.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-03, 10:23 AM
what are we waiting on for Team Caster?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 10:28 AM
what are we waiting on for Team Caster?
I know Ditto said he'd do nothing to provoke the horde of undead...
But he also hasn't seen the new map, which might spur him to start blasting...
...or protest against Eduardo stabbing himself?

If you think not, I could proceed.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-03, 10:44 AM
He commented on the map. I think you're safe to proceed.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 10:46 AM
Hey! I thought he rolled to be last! ... mmm forgot to update Maki's initiative it should be +9 now XD

" YOU BASTARD!! "

Maki charges at the Beginning with his Falchion

ATTACK!:[roll0]

DAMAGE:[roll1]

Verisimilitude
2011-12-03, 11:21 AM
Pete looses once more at Harley and sidesteps out of the line of fire from the throne room. Standing beside the ruined doorway, he reaches up with his free hand and grips the shield on the wall. Throwing his full weight into the lift and pull with a hop, he attempts to wrench the entire decoration from the wall.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 12:07 PM
The knife cleanly breaks the skin, sliding into the racing muscle.
The skeleton watches Eduardo closely.
"Now, do it again..."
The skull tries to get close to Quin, but overshoots the dwarf, blasting past the cleric with a scream.
Spinning in the air, Quin gives it a little extra momentum as he strikes it with a resounding crack, sending it spinning.
The undead stand motionless, hands and weapons still raised in the air, staring blankly ahead, except for the one standing before Eduardo.
"Yes, keep going..."

Hey! I thought he rolled to be last! ... mmm forgot to update Maki's initiative it should be +9 now XD
He did! He's last!
=P
Alright, then Maki goes first.

move for attempted "pick up" action vs the nice decor.
[roll0] Reflex Save for Pete, Success means Half-Damage, Failed
[roll1] Damage to Pete... And Thoradin's Body, Reduced to 141 by Stoneskin[roll2] Damage to Pete... And Thoradin's Body
Subtract 140HPS from the total.
[roll3] Pete's Fortitude Save vs. Massive Damage

Pharrah ducks, and Maki's falchion slams into the Mysterious Warrior's face.
Sparks fly and another node on his spine goes out.
"That was close..."
Hassadur, hissing, spits the rune sword from his mouth, where it lands on the sand again, point down, hilt up.
Pulling the knife from her chest, Pharrah leaps up to bury it in The Beginning's neck, drawing a scream of anger from the creature.
"Aaaaaaaaaargh! Who ARE you!"
Spitting in anger, Pharrah only stabs him again.
"I hate you!"
From point blank range, Daina unleashes a flurry of arrows into the Mysterious Warrior's back.
I've got to get myself a ring of invisibility...
Harley, sneaking around to get into a flanking position, is thankful for the healing arrow, but can't thank Pete for it.
He's sneaking!
Though the shields all sport different designs, they all have a pattern of blue triangles running about the border, a pattern repeated on the hilt of the weapons backing them.
The shield comes off easily, pulling at a golden piece of wire.
The wire is attached to the weapons, and continues behind into the wall, and presumably, to other shields, and other weapons.
The weapons and shields strike the floor with a cacophanous racket, and immediately revert to their original size...
Colossal.
The antechamber fills with massive blades and shields, slashing and cutting Pete into individual junks as the room becomes a nightmare of sharp edges and over-sized weapons, forged for giants.

So much better than Constructs.
Outside, Pete's death isn't even realized as his body is separated and held by the massive weapons, blood seeping and pooling across the floor.
Daina, looking past Maki and the Mysterious Warrior, doesn't see Pete's distended body, but the sight of the antechamber now impassable due to the inexplicable appearance of massive shards of metal, bending the stone structure is quite disconcerting.

Pete makes his debut on the island in the red-tinged waters.
Shapes dully float past him, and moonlight shines down, just above the surface.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-03, 12:18 PM
Grimacing in pain, Eduardo's face drains of all color as he twists the knife into his own beating heart. Only his intense training as a Death Delver, deep meditations and body control exercises are keeping him alive.

He cannot speak, for if he does, he knows he will scream, and will not give Acererack that pleasure.

[roll0]
God, this is going to take another two rounds, minimum. Is there any way we can hurry this along?

EDIT: Just went back and read the team sword portion... that was harsh!

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 12:20 PM
God, this is going to take another two rounds, minimum. Is there any way we can hurry this along?
Gladly. His curiosity is satisfied.
Showtime!

Elfstone
2011-12-03, 12:52 PM
I figured something like thy would happen. My idea plan was to take abdog, pig it up as if to pet it, and chuck it against the shields. seems that was the right idea. Seems the beginning is taking some serious damage. Keep it up. I'll post later after I clean up(15k finished!)

Verisimilitude
2011-12-03, 01:02 PM
Pete opens his eyes to the expected scene and inhales deeply.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 03:02 PM
" AAARGH!!! "

Maki keeps letting the Falchion fall on the Beginning's back over and over again!

Damage: [roll5]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 03:54 PM
Perhaps the predictability and monotony is one of those things about death that makes people want to stay alive.
Either way-

Pete opens his eyes to the expected scene and inhales deeply.
Is he inhaling without surfacing?

EDIT: Just went back and read the team sword portion... that was harsh!
Ayup!
^^

New Intiative Order
Maki the Barbarian
Harley the Looter
Hassadur
Pharrah the Apprentice
Daina Lightfingers
Pete Palkleth
The Mysterious Warrior

And here I thought I would be spending round after round fruitlessly attempting to construct something resembling a barricade out of materials that were too small, flimsy and few to really work.
True, there is a highly effective barricade now...
The Mysterious Warrior balks at Maki's attacks, and fails to defend against Maki's fury!
"FIFTH WAVE!"
Flying through the air, Harley descends upon the Mysterious Warrior with a flurry of daggers, hacking at The Beginning.
Working together, Harley and Pharrah make sure he has nowhere to go, facing Maki while Daina slams arrow after arrow into his back.
The Mysterious Warrior isn't finished though.
He stabs Maki in the face, drawing blood from a nasty wound along the barbarian's face.
Then, he strikes the barbarian in his liver with a fist, then resting two fingers above the organ, and Maki starts to feel a burning there too...
"Sakai Tribute: Neko Clan Seal!"

[roll0]

Misaat
2011-12-03, 04:01 PM
If i could do it without it being ooc know that i would make Maki coup d grace himself just to make the Mysterious warrior angry XD.

Also Neko seal? Now your just using babelfish XD

"What the hell are you doing!!"

Maki screams as he continues to Rain Down blow after blow after blow!

ATTACK1: [roll0]

ATTACK2:[roll2]

DAMAGE:[roll3]

ATTACK3:[roll4]

DAMAGE:[roll5]

Elfstone
2011-12-03, 04:38 PM
That Magic does not work anymore.. If he dies via drowning, hes dead dead. He needs to find the Rez scrolls.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-03, 04:40 PM
Yes, but nobody told him that. He's going off his past experience and conclusions.

Elfstone
2011-12-03, 04:46 PM
I totally told some one to tell him... Thoradin I think.

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-03, 04:48 PM
Didn't happen so far as I remember.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 04:51 PM
Of course, as discussed IC and OOC in earlier scenes. Drown yourself and do it fast if you're killed and awaken underwater. Of course it shouldn't work, but I thought I'd wait there for your reaction rather than assume a result.
Okay, just making sure.
Odd...
Rather than the painful sensation of drowning like before, Pete is still breathing air.
His amulet is working...
There must be something different this time.
Even beneath the surface, he can feel there's no current.
No waves.

If i could do it without it being ooc know that i would make Maki coup d grace himself just to make the Mysterious warrior angry XD.
Pffft, he'd just call Maki a coward depending on how he did it.

Also Neko seal? Now your just using babelfish XD
Nope.

ATTACK1: (1d20+25)[44]
Oh, crap, he's hitting him harder...
:smallfrown:

Maki smashes the Mysterious Warrior with incredible power, driving him to a knee.
Raising his falchion to finish it, the downward swing is blocked by the rune sword, summoned by its Master to his hand once more.
Pushing Maki's falchion away, the Mysterious Warrior slashes at the arrows Daina has planted in his back.
"Sakai Tribute: Komori Clan Seal!"
This time, he presses his thumb against the thick vein at the base of Maki's neck.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 04:56 PM
What about Daina and Parrah and Halrey? They dont want to try attacking him again?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 04:59 PM
What about Daina and Parrah and Halrey? They dont want to try attacking him again?
Glossed over it.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 05:07 PM
Ok then...

" DIE DIE DIEEEE!! "

Swinging his blade wildly Maki puts every bit of effort in his body to finally put an end to this fight... to this madness!

ATTACK: [roll0]

ATTACK 2: [roll2]

DAMAGE:[roll3]

ATTACK 3: [roll4]

DAMAGE:[roll5]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 05:23 PM
The Mysterious Warrior becomes a dynamo of defense once more, stopping every single attack, and slashing Daina's arrows from the air.
Bringing the weapon to block Maki, he stares into the barbarian's eyes.
"Sunward Stroke Slash!"
Maki doesn't even see the attack, but one second he's blinking blood from his eyes, staring at The Beginning, and the next, a gaping wound opens across his arm, and Harley is blinking, staring at a reddened hand.
"So... much blood."
Pharrah doesn't escape the whirling attack either, but before Maki can comprehend what the Mysterious Warrior has done, he stabs him.

[roll0] Damage to Maki

Misaat
2011-12-03, 05:45 PM
" RAAAAAAHHHH "

Maki doesnt care about the bleeding of his wounds. Seeing Red only matches the feelings of Wrath still rushing from within! HE CONTINUES HIS ADVANCE!

ATTACK:[roll0]

ATTACK2:[roll2]

ATTACK3:[roll4]

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 06:35 PM
Lashing out, Maki's falchion breaks another of the nodes on the Mysterious Warrior, but his formidable defenses remain steady.
Harley and Pharrah press on despite their wounds, though Daina tries to help, using the last of her healing arrows.
The rune sword sweeps round and round, biting here and there, until finally the Mysterious Warrior brings his finger just underneath Maki's jaw, touching his chin.
"Sakai Tribute: Lord Hikiji's Seaaaaaaal!"

Misaat
2011-12-03, 06:43 PM
... And then what happened?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 06:45 PM
... And then what happened?
Post Actions, roll the Dice, and see...

Misaat
2011-12-03, 06:53 PM
"RAAAAAAH "

" What is he doing to me .... must.... One more... Hit... "

Attack1:[roll0]

Attack2:[roll2]

Attack3:[roll4]

Verisimilitude
2011-12-03, 06:58 PM
"Oh." Pete begins to reach for his necklace but then stops. "Oh." He swims slowly upward through the becalmed water, unsure of the implications. Breaking through the stilled surface, he turns in a slow circle, observing the horizon.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 07:02 PM
In the moments before his violent death, Maki experiences what can only be described a dwarven miners deciding to use Fireballs and Disentegration to get the job done instead of their pickaxes in his head.
As his scalp splits along the dome of his skull, his attacks become clumsy, easily blocked by the Mysterious Warrior.
Harley and Pharrah watch in horror, and even Daina invisible is transfixed, frozen in horror.
"Five-fold Tribute: Wrath of Lord and Clans!"
In a spray of blood, the upper half of Maki's skull splits from his jaw bone and spine, rising through his split scalp, leaving his brain, eyeballs and mouth behind, as his body sinks to the sand in a messy spray.
"Come back from that one."
Daina screams, "Harley! Do something!"

Ditto
2011-12-03, 07:05 PM
Prescott looks down at Eduardo's suicidal plight beside him, helpless to assist but confident in the Master's ability to make his own decisions. He turns the other half of his heads to the sky, searching for the skull and seeing how Quin was doing.

HP3's right, I'm good. Just kind of chilling out at the moment. Not going to start killing zombies unless provoked, but I will frostblast the skull every chance I get. Which would be next round, if I see it again. In fact, I am readying an action to blast it as soon as it comes into range (should it try to make another bash-dash at Quin).

I realize I forgot to add my 14hps for Polymorphing a night's rest into me. Still very low, and dead when the spell ends, but every little bit helps! Doesn't Quin have his magic healy balls left? There are still some 5th level spells in reserve...

He killed all the PCs on Team Sword! :smallfrown:

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 07:05 PM
A pair of moons are sinking into the red sea, and as far as Pete can see, the dead drift along the waters, lifeless as the corpses they once were.
The beach is a broken, shattered wreck, with uprooted palm trees and scattered bodies laying about.
He can here a wailing sound coming from the left-side of his stretch of beach.

HP3's right, I'm good. Just kind of chilling out at the moment. Cool.
:smallcool:

I realize I forgot to add my 14hps for Polymorphing a night's rest into me. Still very low, and dead when the spell ends, but every little bit helps! Doesn't Quin have his magic healy balls left? There are still some 5th level spells in reserve...
Nope, Heal and Glory Bolt...
Luckily, when Maki makes his third return to Dresden's Island, he's still got his whole skull with him.
The same familiar shapes drift through the red about him.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 07:12 PM
eMMM Can Maki come back from that one? Is he back at the beach?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 07:16 PM
eMMM Can Maki come back from that one? Is he back at the beach? Yes he can! And yes he is!
The Mysterious Warrior leaps out of sight just as Hassadur chomps down on the space he'd occupied.
Harley tries not to look at Maki.
He runs his hands through his hair, and looks at Pharrah instead, "Isn't there a fifth wave coming?"
Pharrah growls, glaring at him.
Then an unseen force sweeps Harley from his feet, and stabs him in the back.
"Invisible skeletons... Greaaaaaaat..."

Misaat
2011-12-03, 07:23 PM
Great then... Maki is tired of being pushed around... its time to take it to the next level.

As he lifts himself up from the water of the shore Maki relieves the horrible pain of what had just happened to him... He had been ripped apart once ... and now this... it was too much... dying was too much... too much... These thoughts run in his head as he walks back trying to find the Terrasque's head once again... and that... other thing...

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 07:43 PM
The wailing sound is significantly more faint, but coming from Maki's left...
Nothing else seems to have changed much.

Outside the Chapel of Evil...

Welby and Jake look at the pits beyond.
"Great."
"Perfect."
"No magic?"
"No magic."
"This is stupid..."
Jake grunts.
"Stupid Jake. It's stupid. Stupid stupid stupid!"
Welby's glaring at the stump now.
"All we have to do is jump across!"
Jake takes a running start.

[roll0] Jake's Jump Check
[roll1] Jake's Reflex Save in case he Fails by 5 or less...
Landing on his belly, the wind is knocked out of the bard.
For a moment he doesn't move.
"This is stupid!"
Jake closes his eyes, letting stale air out of his nostrils.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 07:47 PM
So am i there already?

Maki keeps following the wailing sound as he thinks... Is there another way?

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 07:49 PM
Welby looks down into the pit, and across.
It's ten feet.
Easy for Jake, but for him...
Even with a running start...
...its stupid.
The halfling glares at the bard as he reaches for his harp.
Wincing, Jake puts it away.
Welby breathes deeply, moving back to get some running space...

[roll0]

Verisimilitude
2011-12-03, 07:51 PM
Pete swims slowly ashore and crawls out of the smooth water onto the desolate beach. He stops a few feet beyond the water's edge. Still crouching, he examines several of the broken bodies, looking up periodically at the broken forest edge for movement.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 08:36 PM
...beyond the Chapel of Evil...

Welby shakes his head.
"There's no way Jake. We'e got ten feet of running room. I'd never make it. You can't make it."
Welby reaches out, and touches the bard, calling on the strength in his veins.
"I'm using my birthright."
A few moments later, Welby and Jake, in gaseous form, make their way toward the Laboratory.
Dismissing it inside, Welby scowls at the Mirror.
"You don't want to go through that..."
"Don't you da-"
"I wish I had Dimension Door."
The bard rolls his eyes.
"Suck it up. How's it work?"
He reads the inscription, grimacing.
"The demi-lich shows you your 'Dark Fate' and the only way to pass is to embrace it, and slowly move through the mirror, or hug it or something..."
But Jake is already lost.
Smirking, the halfling leaps through, emerging cold and shaken on the other side.
When Jake is able to tear away his eyes from the mirror, he looks around once and curses, knowing what Welby has done.
He leaps through after the halfling, embracing his dark fate.

[roll0] Jake's Will Save
[roll1] Welby's Will Save
[roll2] Jake's Will Save
[roll3] Welby's Will Save

So am i there already?
Indeed!
Zombies, skeletons, mummies and vampires, ghouls and other things litter the beach.
There are animals and humans.
Elves and dwarves, orcs and a dragon too.
Nothing is free from Acererak's grip.

Maki quickly comes within sight of the vampiress and the tarrasque head.
Other than the extra body, another of his, clutching a sheaf of parchment in its hand, all appears to be the same as he'd left it.

Pete's search reveals little. The undead had carried nothing with them when they'd assaulted the island, and their injuries and the state of the beach suggests a massive wave of unknown source.
It stretches all along, left and right as far as he can se-
Pete spots Maki, making his way past him, toward the wailing sound.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 08:40 PM
Is it a random parchment or the same type as the resurrection ones?

Maki looks at his body lying on the pile and takes the parchment from his hand.

TheOasysMaster
2011-12-03, 08:53 PM
Is it a random parchment or the same type as the resurrection ones? Same one with the same message from Dresden as before.
Relatively untouched by the effectsof the mirror, Jake decides not to talk about it.
He makes for the stairs and Welby holds him back.
"It's trapped."
"With what?""Vorpal blades in the steps, and something on that wall."
He points.
"Here's the thing... I've only got one more Gaseous Form left..."
"Alright..."
"...that'll get one of us past this trap, and across the next wide pit..."
"Okay..."
"But then... There's a room filled with black oozes."
"Okay..."
"Acidic with Enervation..."
"Oooooooh."
Jake thinks, letting this dilemma of the problematic use of Welby's resources out of his mind.
"Can you still make yourself small and mobile..."
Welby thinks.
"For a moment back there, I lost it, but yeah, I can. With these new components for spells. Some of them are divine and worthless, but it'll do."
"...alright then. Make yourself Gaseous. Then make me into a..."
"A pixie?"
"No... A..."
Welby taps his foot, waiting.
"Alright..."
At the last moment, as he's shrinking down, Jake grimaces inwardly.
Should have asked him if he could do a pseudodragon...

Ditto
2011-12-03, 08:57 PM
I know Quin spent his 6th level spells, but he still has 5th levels. It's a reserve feat he's using the fuel the healy balls, right? So that should just mean they do 5d6 a pop instead of 6d6 now.

Misaat
2011-12-03, 08:59 PM
"Tch... "

Maki passes the pile of bodies and stands once again in front of the Vampiress...

" If i go back there... I might die again... I dont want to die anymore... I... Want more power... the power to not die... "

Maki stretches a hand towards the Vampiress's mouth...

Let's see how she reacts...