PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness Ensues!

Pages : [1] 2

nyarlathotep
2012-04-02, 08:16 PM
The world swirls and then pops into focus. You're in a hemispherical cavern 200 feet in diameter. Water pools around you ankles to a depth of six inches of stagnant but relatively clean water. On the roof is a ten foot diameter hole covered by a metal grate. Arranged around the room's circumference are 6 raised stone slabs obviously meant as beds.

More distressing however is a sort of deadness each of you can feel inside of your being. It is as though the lifeforce of the multiverse simply does not exist here. You are in a dead magic zone.

Also in the room with you are a motley assortment of strange creatures most of them obviously of immense power but now under bondage.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 08:29 PM
Antimagic, how depressing. Still, wait. I recognize those two. What is that boy and that Abeolth doing here? If this is about the chess game..... "Zkru-Ackstorl, Akha'Ryu, intresting to find the pair of you here. I hope this unplesentness isn't about our chess game. And would these be your... minons?"

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 08:31 PM
Akha looked around and stared at the one addressing him. "No..." he replied softly, as if he did not care about the situation at all. He was bored almost instantly, so he started poking the aboleth next to him, trying to annoy him.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 08:34 PM
"Youngling, I trust that you do know the reasons that we're all incarerated, or will shortly come up with some theroy that's both completly insane and correct."

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 08:39 PM
"Maybe." He said, smiling gleefully. While sitting there he focused his powers. But nothing happened.

"Maybe not." he said more solemn this time. "You can think of something."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:00 PM
"First things first youngling, and thats the where we are, and I have a stong hunch about it already." Even over a series of word images, he sounds depressed. (OOC; I forgot how we're supposed ro roll, and I don't know they system to be honest, so I used me d20. Knowledge(The Planes) check, 1d20+34= 15+34= 49. And forgive me if I say that should be able to tell me what plane we're on. and to know about Dead zones; 1d20+34= 15+34= 49.) "But of course, It has to be the damned prision plane. Obvious, and of course, There's a obvious soultion to the Problem of us being locked in here."

phantomreader42
2012-04-02, 09:09 PM
Looks around, examining surroundings, noticing the lack of magic.

This is unfortunate. I fear most of my equipment is unusable or inaccessible. Luckily the environment is such that my dampsuit will not be required. Has anyone formulated any theories on the reasons for our incarceration? Or, more importantly, a means of ending it? I cannot be certain, but if I were forced to venture a guess, I would assume we were on the plane of Tartarus. Further data may necessitate the modification of this hypothesis.

Bleddyn, is that you? It has been some time. As I recall, we were discussing the nature of the lava sea of Gehenna when you abruptly left to pursue some avenue of research. I hope it was fruitful. But such discussions can wait until we have exhausted all options for escape.

In any event, we should probably introduce ourselves, establish a means of communication, and identify any skills we possess that could assist in escape.

Try out various languages until finding one that everyone responds to.

Greetings. For the sake of simplicity, you may call me "Pinky". If necessary, I can serve as an interpreter. I assure you all that I pose you no immediate danger, and am as eager to leave this place as you are. My psionic abilities are useless here, but I have some facility at picking locks and may be able to distract or persuade the guards.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:13 PM
Akha looked at everyone but remained seated down. "I am Akha'Ryu." He said in his usual emotionless solemn tone. "We could just wait for the aboleth to get of his bum and break through the door. I doubt that will work, but it will provide some enjoyment."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:14 PM
"There's a Soultion that is simple, yet slighly drastic. Unfortuatly, it calls for the Aboleth to make up, and who knows how long that'll take?" And you would be correct about the plane. Horrid place, havn't been here for a few hundred years. Somehow he sighs. Dispite that fact that he has no voice box or abillity to sigh mentally. "In any case, Pinky, your idea has merit. And as a question, did you get the name from a cirtern abyssmal prime meterial world?"

THEChanger
2012-04-02, 09:17 PM
The entire cavern, it seemed, was full of tiny, floating, specks of black dust. They had a vaguely unsettling effect on the living creatures in the room, and reeked of something other. A faint murmuring could be heard, as though someone was whispering in long forgotten tongues, just outside the walls. Just loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to make anything out. The dust specks floated about, aimlessly, until with a sudden vibration, they began shooting around the room. At breakneck speed, the tiny darts of negative energy-infused dust slowly formed into a spiral, moving down into the center of the room. And as the dust swarm came together, it could be heard again.
The scream that always accompanied him when he came back.
"AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!"
And then it was finished. Where the spiral of dust motes had been was a man...er, man-shaped...thing. Kneeling, appearing to breath heavily, he used his hands to keep from falling all the way to the floor. "I hate that. Coming back after someone breaks me always hurts. Not polite in the slightest." Lifting his head(for the figure did seem male. Vaguely), the man registered the other prescences in the room. "And whoever did this didn't even have the courtesy to put me in my own room. How careless of them." Struggling to his feet, Bleddyn nodded. "Bleddyn. Known colloquially as Bleddyn the Dark. And whom do I have the pleasure of making the aquaintence of?" Then Bleddyn noticed Pinky. "Oh. My my. And how did they get you here, Pinky? I would have thought you far too intelligent to let just anyone trap you."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:22 PM
"I'm still trying to figure out how that pair got trapped." Image of the little boy and the collosal aboleth. "The youngling, maybe, but the over sided fish, smartest being I know."

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:25 PM
"I actually find that very offensive. I am merely a little less intelligent than my companion here. We drew multiple chess games. And it's not my fault that he was born that way." Akha said with the same emotionless tone that he always speaks with.

He started to click his fingers, like he usually did when he thought.

phantomreader42
2012-04-02, 09:27 PM
"Oh. My my. And how did they get you here, Pinky? I would have thought you far too intelligent to let just anyone trap you."

I am not certain what means were used to imprison me. As well as I attempted to defend myself, no defense is perfect. Luckily, that also means that no cell is perfect.

Pinky looks up, judging the distance. If the room is a true hemisphere, the central grate is one hundred feet above the floor.

It appears there is an egress above, if we can but reach it.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:31 PM
"I call most Aboleths Over sized fish. I have a few unplesent memories, and I gen peeveish when I'm in a deadzone. And while I do concede that your just a little less intelligent then him, He's also a Gaint 125 ton Aboleth, and you are a young boy. The diffrences considered where pyshical, not mental. I still remeber our chess game."

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:35 PM
"Physique has only a minimal effect. While I agree that if we were to battle he would win due to his size, my mental capacity can still match his. But now, on to business." Akha replied to the one who addressed him as young boy.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:41 PM
Some how sighs agian "I agree. What do you sugest Akha?"

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:42 PM
"Wait for the guards to come in and drop a 125 ton fish on them?" Akha said staring intently at the aboleth.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:46 PM
"And of course Some one here would be able to lift him? With no magical or psionic asstince?"

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:48 PM
"Or he can drop himself? I mean jumping isn't that hard."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 09:55 PM
"It's 100ft stright up to the grate, in a Dead zone. And he's a fish that weighs over a hundred tons. And may I also point out that he has little to no jumping abillity?"

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 09:56 PM
"Fine we'll just pretend we all died and climb out of our coffins."

phantomreader42
2012-04-02, 10:01 PM
"And of course Some one here would be able to lift him? With no magical or psionic asstince?"

As the aboleth does not appear to be dead, presumably it is capable of lifting itself to some degree. I doubt its usefulness as a blunt weapon, even in the unlikely event that it would agree to act in such a capacity.

Pinky strokes his tentacles in thought.

How did they get such a large creature through such a small hole? Most of us could fit through without difficulty, but lowering an unconscious aboleth through a ten-foot opening without magical aid would be nigh-impossible. The dead magic zone may only be temporary. If one of us can get out, it might be possible to turn it off.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 10:02 PM
"Geniueses. There is a dragon lying over there is here not? What here can fly indpentaldy of magic here besides me, and is not as phyicaly strong as your average adult human?""

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 10:05 PM
"A dragon." Akha answered bluntly.

"Pinky has a point, maybe the dragon should try and get outside?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 10:08 PM
"Couldn't hurt. And If that dosn't pan out, I never really tried something."

phantomreader42
2012-04-02, 10:09 PM
"Geniueses. There is a dragon lying over there is here not? What here can fly indpentaldy of magic here besides me, and is not as phyicaly strong as your average adult human?""

The dragon appears too large to fit through the hole. But it could transport one of us. Or it might be strong enough to break a hole in the roof, rendering the issue of the size of the hole somewhat moot. If a lock needs to be picked, I have my tools handy.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 10:11 PM
OOC:
I propose we wait for everyone else to catch up before we go further.

phantomreader42
2012-04-02, 10:14 PM
OOC:
I propose we wait for everyone else to catch up before we go further.

OOC: I concur. It is rather late. Timing may be an issue.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 10:19 PM
OOC: I concur. It is rather late. Timing may be an issue.

OOC;
Yup, plus, I just looked at the Aeon again, and it didn't say if the sphere's were EX or SU, Need to know dat.

Igneel
2012-04-02, 11:14 PM
"Grrr..." rumbles across the prison from the now rising dragon composed what seems to be smoldering lava. Despite the water, it didn't seem to phase his skin save for some steam rising off his body as he shakes one of his talons in a vain attempt to dry it off much like a cat during a rain storm. "For beings of vast intellect, you do like to hear yourself talk alot. And to make matters worse I have to be in a damp cell. How they even found me, much less captured me is a mystery to me."

If he could snort a gout of flame, MalsvirIxen would, but sensing that they are in a dead magic area he knew better then that. "I rarely introduce myself, preferring to go by a fake name. But seeing as how I'm stuck with you all, you can refer to me as Malsvir."

Finally standing as high as he can he looks to the grate and around the room. "Hmmm... If wrecking a hole and making lots of noise is what you wish, I can try. Although I don't think that would be the best way to escape."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-02, 11:41 PM
A conversation occurring just above the cell begins to drift downward and eventually becomes too loud to ignore. One side is the guttural slurring one would expect from a demodand jailer, but the other sounds only like the fury of a storm and the raging of fire.

Jailer: You know I can't just let 'em out da' Judge said they's was guilty and her verdicts is final. If you want one overturned you have ta ask.

*the sound of a fire dying down*

Jailer: Why do you even want the little ball of happy. He irritates the **** outa me, joy radiating out keeps me up at night. I thought your big beef was with undead those who escaped their rightful place and yadda yadda.

*the sound of wind whipping back and forth, almost laughing*

Jailer: Well tell your "new management" that's the whole reason we keep the Judge out of their reach. Some souls may need to be locked up, but no universe is so screwed up that it needs to be owned by you pricks.

Shortly after the jailer finishes his thought the wind rises up in intensity and you hear a horrible crash that ends in his head being slammed through the grate, either dead or at the very least unconscious. The creature's tarry black hide leaks a viscous yellow fluid down to the water below. Although it is disgusting you can sense that the demodands themselves act as reservoirs of magic to allow them to function in the dead magic zones. Anyone who managed to reach the top would be able to at the very least cast basic magics when in proximity to the jailer.

You also hear the wind dying off in the distance, still furious but unable to find what it was looking for here.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 11:41 PM
"I could possibly attempt something quiter, but to be honest, I've avoided dead zones, so I have no idea if my Oblvion sphre would even work in here. And I'm no vast intellect. I've been round the wheel a few times. Admitiadly, the way I'm communicating with you all is still working so..."

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 11:44 PM
"Dragon, allow me to get one your back and fly up towards the jailor. I want to inspect him." Akha said. He walked slowly towards the dragon and got on his back.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 11:47 PM
The aoen floats up the top. As soon as it's withen range of the magic, He fires off a sphere of pure nothing, being careful not to inculde the Grate.

"I belive that we have a exit now. And Akha, why do you think it's a good idea to hop on the back of a irritated dragon?"
OOC; Greater Oblvion Sphere

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 11:51 PM
Akha stared at the hole in the roof. "Show off" he muttered. He felt some of his power return, so he got off the dragon and started floating up himself.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 11:58 PM
"Do any of you require asstince getting up? Now that I can use my Spheres, I can make a set of stairs if you like. And Akha, it's was simply the fastest way. Besides, considering how smart you are, you probobly would have spent the next three hours telling us about it. And MalsvirIxen, I agree with you. These smart ones talk to much. "

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 12:00 AM
"We could have taken a nap. But I just want to mention that we should watch out for the thing that killed the jailer." He said as he reach the hole.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 12:17 AM
"Juding by the sound alone, could have been a living holocaust. of course, I get these kinds of perceptions from you, so..."

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 12:19 AM
Akha looked at the Aeon. He disregarded it and flew out of the hole.

"We come mostly in peace. Do you want to talk? Maybe play a game of chess?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 12:21 AM
Akha, we're put in a prison cell of creatures that dispise those who break obscure comosmoligical laws. The only reason I can talk freely is because It's all in your head. What do prison guards do to escappies?"

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 12:24 AM
"They either imprison them or kill them." He once again said bluntly. Answering the question as if it did not matter.

"The being that killed the guard might not be on our side but he is clearly not an enemy, so I vote that we seek his help."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 12:27 AM
To everyone but Anka
"Smartest kid I know, and he's total niave when it comes to polotics...."

To Akha
Would it not be prudent to wait for the others before heading off in a prison plane?

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 12:29 AM
"It would wouldn't it?" he said. So he stopped and waited for the rest of the group to catch up.

OOC:

He's intelligent, but his life experience is a little lacking :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-04-03, 01:12 AM
"Dragon, allow me to get one your back and fly up towards the jailor. I want to inspect him." Akha said. He walked slowly towards the dragon and got on his back.

"Grrr... Don't you dare get on me like that again, or I swear I will burn you. I'm not some mount that can be climbed on top whenever you choose."

"And MalsvirIxen, I agree with you. These smart ones talk to much. "

"Nice to see that I'm not the only one. Admittingly I had a quieter way using a rust monster wand..."

Getting ready to leave he stops to look at the aboleth.

"You need help, or can you levitate?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 02:20 AM
Korino

A frog ribbits at this point, following the undead's example and growing in size in a swirl of stagnant water, warping until it took on the the form of a bloated, hairy humanoid; a Shaggy Demodand.

"Oh, is it time to escape? Brilliant. I was happy just observing you all, especially you Outsider, I've thus far been unable to become you."

The comment is aimed at the Aeon.

Rising out of the water he stretches his arms & cracks his blackened knuckles.

"I'm surprised none of you know your crimes, that seems fairly against protocol, I was at least given a chance to defend my actions before they threw me in here anyway. You must be some truly dispicable creatures to be imprisoned without a trial, or even having your charges read. Maybe I should be afraid of you?"

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 02:29 AM
((OOC: Sorry guys! This happened right during my sleeping time!))

The aboleth, quiescent until now, sudden seems to wake and stir himself, shaking out his large feathered wings and blinking his eyes groggily.

A loud booming mental voice speaks into all the minds present, hints eldritch whispers of insanity can almost be faintly heard each time he communicates telepathically.

"Ooh my head, what did I drink last night?"

Antimagic, how depressing. Still, wait. I recognize those two. What is that boy and that Abeolth doing here? If this is about the chess game..... "Zkru-Ackstorl, Akha'Ryu, intresting to find the pair of you here. I hope this unpleasantness isn't about our chess game. And would these be your... minions?"

"Matt! Good to see you again! Antimagic is always a downer eh? Well I do hope we've not been imprisoned by someone who doesn't appreciate a good chess game. That would be most unbearable.

Sadly no, my minions are in magical storage that it seems I cannot access currently. And I hear that it is considered gauche to enslave your cellmates from tartarus."

Akha looked around and stared at the one addressing him. "No..." he replied softly, as if he did not care about the situation at all. He was bored almost instantly, so he started poking the aboleth next to him, trying to annoy him.

Zkru waves a few of his deadly 25ft long tentacles in a playfully threatening manner at Akha.

"Stop that, it's annoying. :("

"But of course, It has to be the damned prison plane. Obvious, and of course, There's a obvious soultion to the Problem of us being locked in here."

"Tartarus, of course, damnable self-righteous types, it's no simple feat escaping from the prison plane."

This is unfortunate. I fear most of my equipment is unusable or inaccessible. Luckily the environment is such that my dampsuit will not be required. Has anyone formulated any theories on the reasons for our incarceration? Or, more importantly, a means of ending it? I cannot be certain, but if I were forced to venture a guess, I would assume we were on the plane of Tartarus. Further data may necessitate the modification of this hypothesis.

In any event, we should probably introduce ourselves, establish a means of communication, and identify any skills we possess that could assist in escape.

Greetings. For the sake of simplicity, you may call me "Pinky". If necessary, I can serve as an interpreter. I assure you all that I pose you no immediate danger, and am as eager to leave this place as you are. My psionic abilities are useless here, but I have some facility at picking locks and may be able to distract or persuade the guards.

"The same here, and the extradimensional storage seemed such a good idea at the time too, cheap as well! As to why we are imprisoned, I'd have to guess that we've somehow offended someone high up on the planar hierarchy, though I have no idea who."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Pinky. I am also able to speak fluently in several languages if it becomes necessary and I also have some small skill in lockpicking if that becomes needed."

Akha looked at everyone but remained seated down. "I am Akha'Ryu." He said in his usual emotionless solemn tone. "We could just wait for the aboleth to get of his bum and break through the door. I doubt that will work, but it will provide some enjoyment."

Zkry eyes Akha fishily, and blinks.

"Your concern for my dignity is noted."

Struggling to his feet, Bleddyn nodded. "Bleddyn. Known colloquially as Bleddyn the Dark. And whom do I have the pleasure of making the aquaintence of?"

"Greeting to you Bleddyn of the Dark. I am known as Zkru-Ackstorl, Scourge of the Deeps."

Zkru waves a tentacle in greeting.

"I'm still trying to figure out how that pair got trapped." Image of the little boy and the collosal aboleth. "The youngling, maybe, but the over sized fish, smartest being I know."

Zkru seems somewhat embarrased by his current predicament.

"Ah, it would appear that our imprisoners managed to bypass my wards while I was busy exploring my racial memories, the time when a aboleth is most vulnerable really, since it takes some time to return from the memories without incurring mental damage."

"I actually find that very offensive. I am merely a little less intelligent than my companion here. We drew multiple chess games. And it's not my fault that he was born that way." Akha said with the same emotionless tone that he always speaks with.

"Now now Akha, it is not a contest, keep in mind that what is also important is how you utilize the intelligence available to you."

"Physique has only a minimal effect. While I agree that if we were to battle he would win due to his size, my mental capacity can still match his."

"While normally true one must keep in mind that a deadzone increases the importance of physical might."

"Or he can drop himself? I mean jumping isn't that hard."

"It's 100ft stright up to the grate, in a Dead zone. And he's a fish that weighs over a hundred tons. And may I also point out that he has little to no jumping abillity?"

"I would like to point out that I am capable of nonmagical flight, thanks to my wing grafts."

Zkru flaps his black feathered wings a couple of times in demonstration.

"Me"

Getting ready to leave he stops to look at the aboleth.

"You need help, or can you levitate?"

"I can fortunately fly under my own power wyrm. I thank you for your concern though."

Zkru flies out, his wings pumping mightily to achieve what the aboleth body was not designed to achieve, namely flight.

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 02:32 AM
Akha waited for Zkru to join him. He sat on Zkru's back as he usually did, and let him take the lead.

Igneel
2012-04-03, 02:55 AM
"I can fortunately fly under my own power wyrm. I thank you for your concern though."
"Good, because I doubt I would of been able to carry you anyways."

Following suit, MalsvirIxen flies to join the group and takes a moment to look at the guard's body for anything of interest along with a look around.

Perception (looking for keys, coinage, gear, etc): [roll0]
Perception (looking around area): [roll1]

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 04:06 AM
"I'm surprised none of you know your crimes, that seems fairly against protocol, I was at least given a chance to defend my actions before they threw me in here anyway. You must be some truly despicable creatures to be imprisoned without a trial, or even having your charges read. Maybe I should be afraid of you?"

"They may have, but I was probably not lucid at the time, since I don't remember anything of the sort. You can be afraid if you like, your choice really, though I don't consider myself particularly fearsome, just devilishly handsome. Well maybe a bit intimidating to you lesser creatures I suppose but I can't help that you're all so small."

The creature's tarry black hide leaks a viscous yellow fluid down to the water below. Although it is disgusting you can sense that the demodands themselves act as reservoirs of magic to allow them to function in the dead magic zones. Anyone who managed to reach the top would be able to at the very least cast basic magics when in proximity to the jailer

Desperate to maintain some magic in this horrid antimagical place, Zkru uses his not inconsiderable skills of healing to keep the demondand alive. He also ties the outsider up with some spidersilk rope and pulls a cage out of one of his enveloping pits and puts the outsider inside the cage, just in case it gets any ideas. Ironically enough the jailer had become the jailed, at least for now.

Heal Check: [roll0]
DC to escape from rope: 20+25=45
DC to burst rope: 25
Cage is made from iron

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 06:30 AM
Korino
"[COLOR="DarkGreen"]"I'm surprised none of you know your crimes, that seems fairly against protocol, I was at least given a chance to defend my actions before they threw me in here anyway. You must be some truly dispicable creatures to be imprisoned without a trial, or even having your charges read. Maybe I should be afraid of you?"

I have riped apart mortal creatures life, and death energys, I have killed off a planet for two, played a planet wide living chess game with these two, and tampered with the order of souls in the flesh gardens, but nothing bad enough to merit being impriosoned without trial. And Half elf, don't worry, I already figured out your kinds place in the puzzle.

Igneel
2012-04-03, 11:17 AM
"I'm surprised none of you know your crimes, that seems fairly against protocol, I was at least given a chance to defend my actions before they threw me in here anyway. You must be some truly dispicable creatures to be imprisoned without a trial, or even having your charges read. Maybe I should be afraid of you?"

"Be fearful if you wish, as I can't say that I'm as deserving to be here in my opinion compared to 'Matt' over there sundering a planet or two of life. If anything, my crime is showing mortals that their best friends, family, loved ones, or anyone close to them can't be as trusted as you think once a silvered tongue eludes their common sense with fantasies. So what if a kingdom or two fell because of a alliance falling apart, or the truth coming out about treachery behind as much as before the thrones? I think of it as a courtesy service."

Seeing as how the Aboleth didn't feel like letting him finish his investigation of the guards body by sampling a limb for experimental reasons, he continues to keep an eye out now that at least his visions ability to see the truth has returned and his hellfire breath can be breathed once more.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 11:38 AM
"I made the life first. Besides, it was over a period of a few million years, just a simple experiment to see how evelution worked. It was enlighting."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 11:41 AM
Korino

I have riped apart mortal creatures life, and death energys, I have killed off a planet for two, played a planet wide living chess game with these two, and tampered with the order of souls in the flesh gardens, but nothing bad enough to merit being impriosoned without trial.

"Your lack of litigation is indeed a conundrum, though I might suggest you consider whether escape is indeed the right course for you. Clearly you are a danger all that exists, and probably a decent amount of what does not exist. You have committed abominable acts, I believe a stretch in Tartarus might help you."

He is not being sarcastic or threatening, his suggestion is sincere.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 11:47 AM
"You are a fellow researcher are you not? I merely seek to totaly comprend life and death, the twin greastest secrets of the cosmos. And if a few living creatures are needed as experimental fodder, there's a infinite amount more of them."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 11:51 AM
Korino

"My education is in the limits of my own form. I admit that I am no Avatar of Righteousness, but I do not feel the need to impress my will upon others and bring them suffering and death, just to satisfy my own desires."

phantomreader42
2012-04-03, 11:53 AM
Shortly after the jailer finishes his thought the wind rises up in intensity and you hear a horrible crash that ends in his head being slammed through the grate, either dead or at the very least unconscious. The creature's tarry black hide leaks a viscous yellow fluid down to the water below. Although it is disgusting you can sense that the demodands themselves act as reservoirs of magic to allow them to function in the dead magic zones. Anyone who managed to reach the top would be able to at the very least cast basic magics when in proximity to the jailer.

OOC: Any clarification on what constitutes "minor magics"? Max spell/power/manifester level?

Joins the group and regains focus. Reaches out telepathically to determine if the demodand is in fact alive, and if its surface thoughts contain any useful information. Examines the body as carefully as possible, using Detect Psionics (no cost as a Psion ability), and looks around the surrounding area.

Perception check for body search: 1d20+22
Perception check for general look around: 1d20+20
Knowledge(Planes) check for info on Demodands: 1d20+38
Spellcraft check for auras on the body: 1d20+36
Spellcraft check to attempt to determine limits of magic: 1d20+36

how does the forum dice roller work again?

I am not certain the entity that attacked our jailer is necessarily our ally. It may have other plans. I sincerely doubt that meeting this "judge" would be beneficial for us. We have found the means to escape our cell, but that is only the beginning. I doubt this will be enough to leave this plane. Who among us, besides me, is capable of planar travel? And where should we go?

As for my reason for being here, I consume the brains of sentient beings for sustenance. That alone is enough to make enemies, though I have little choice in the matter. Beyond that I am aware of no specific issues.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 11:55 AM
"Suffering? You misjude me. I free them from uncirtrenty, every time I have destroyed a world, the inhabitians were on the verge of self destruction. And, I was formed from the raw interaction of positive and negative energy. I need to understand these forces to find what I am. Sort of like that old question; Why are we here?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 12:03 PM
Korino

I am not certain the entity that attacked our jailer is necessarily our ally. It may have other plans. I sincerely doubt that meeting this "judge" would be beneficial for us. We have escaped the cell, but taht is only the beginning. I doubt this will be enough to leave this plane. Who among us, besides me, is capable of planar travel? And where should we go?

As for my reason for being here, I consume the brains of sentient beings for sustenance. That alone is enough to make enemies. Beyond that I am aware of no specific issues.

"I am. As for where, I suggest the Briar Patch. I know from experience how easy it is to hide in there, and how easy it is to lose a hiding quarry."

It is very strange that you are all so clueless. Where I not a prisoner I would like to remain & seek to learn why this event was allowed to transpire.

"Suffering? You misjude me. I free them from uncirtrenty, every time I have destroyed a world, the inhabitians were on the verge of self destruction. And, I was formed from the raw interaction of positive and negative energy. I need to understand these forces to find what I am. Sort of like that old question; Why are we here?"

"We are all of us made of both positive and negative energy; our undead friend aside, but if that is what you believe my new ally, then so be it."

OOC:
Dice roller eg. 1d20+5

And we aren't out of the cell yet are we?

Igneel
2012-04-03, 12:06 PM
@Phantom
XdY+Z

"I made the life first. Besides, it was over a period of a few million years, just a simple experiment to see how evelution worked. It was enlighting."

"Ah, well then in that case I don't see anything terribly wrong with that. In some ways like raising a bunch of chickens only for them to be slaughtered as food once their time runs out."

"Your lack of litigation is indeed a conundrum, though I might suggest you consider whether escape is indeed the right course for you. Clearly you are a danger all that exists, and probably a decent amount of what does not exist. You have committed abominable acts, I believe a stretch in Tartarus might help you."

Oh great... MalsvirIxen thinks to himself One that has a sense of right and wrong... I can see this prison escape will be fun...

Forgot to roll a Knowledge Check earlier
Knowledge(Planes) (info on Demodands): [roll0]

phantomreader42
2012-04-03, 12:11 PM
Retrying my rolls, as editing the message doesn't seem to work

Perception check for body search: [roll0]
Perception check for general look around: [roll1]
Knowledge(Planes) check for info on Demodands: [roll2]
Spellcraft check for auras on the body: [roll3]
Spellcraft check to attempt to determine limits of magic: [roll4]

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 12:11 PM
"I was born when a Positive Energy Node bleed into the Lava sea of the clockwork plane. As such, I have far less cerinity then you do about birth and death."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 12:23 PM
I doubt this will be enough to leave this plane. Who among us, besides me, is capable of planar travel? And where should we go?

As for my reason for being here, I consume the brains of sentient beings for sustenance. That alone is enough to make enemies, though I have little choice in the matter. Beyond that I am aware of no specific issues.

"I am also capable of interplanar travel. I hear that the prime material plane is always a popular choice for fleeing extraplanar enemies, as outsiders cannot last long there without hosts before suffering the devil sickness."

"Now that you mention it, I have enjoyed eating sapients for pleasure upon occasion, though I'd hardly call that something to take offence over."

Knowledge(eons) check on Demodands: [roll0]
Knowledge(eons) check on Tartarus: [roll1]
Knowledge(eons) check on the Judge: [roll2]
Spellcraft check to attempt to determine limits of magic: [roll3]

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 12:26 PM
"Yes, and the Devil sickness is what I have to worry about. I'm a Aeon, The only times I was able to get in was.... I might be able to do it.... but delibratly triggering one?"

phantomreader42
2012-04-03, 12:40 PM
"Yes, and the Devil sickness is what I have to worry about. I'm a Aeon, The only times I was able to get in was.... I might be able to do it.... but delibratly triggering one?"

Knowledge(planes) check on Aeons: [roll0]

As an Aeon, what means of travel would be safe for you? If we could find a stable portal, could you use it? Or would we be forced to resort to more drastic measures? I warn you that if we use major reality-altering magic here, it may leave evidence that would make it easier for our pursuers to track us.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 12:44 PM
"Is it possible for you to possess a creature of the material plane? If so I have many slaves available which could serve that purpose and I would be willing to loan one to you."

Igneel
2012-04-03, 12:57 PM
"As some have already mentioned that they are capable of planar travel, so am I, along with some teleportation, albeit both are limited to a few times a day. Generally I'm alright in most places that accept tieflings at the very least, as I disguised myself as one for quite a chunk of my life."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 01:03 PM
"Mmm, tiefling, such a deliciously spicy taste...almost as good as gnome..."

Zkru seems to be drooling slightly as he recalls meals gone by.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 02:52 PM
I used to pocess a Helm of the Invader, Zkru, but as I remeber, Young Akha made me put it up as the wager for our chess game. And I've mostly used Portals I've made then destructed since. So, to a portal we go?

nyarlathotep
2012-04-03, 02:54 PM
When you reach the cell's top and climb out of the now open hole you find a cavern much more natural looking than the geometrically smooth one you just exited. There are three tunnels one leading to the north from which a cool soothing breeze blows, and two to the south both of which produce a sinister green glow. Sounds come form both of the passages, the southeastern one a cord of beautiful harp music, and the western passage, a pitiful whimpering. In your current room however the only features are a stone seat and table.

The guard whom you recovered is most definitely alive and was recovering rapidly as long as he was on the ground, but as soon as he was picked up by the aboleth his fast healing ceased. He is wearing a silver breastplate shining through the slimy secretions of his own skin, and on his belt are a scroll which fills in the name of any new prisoner inbound to a cell in this area and a stone that casts a continual status spell on him and send the information to some other device far away.

Knowledge results

Minor magic means supernatural abilities and cantrips unless the demodand is specifically giving you some of its reservoir, in which case you can cast a number of spell levels equal to its hitdice before it needs to return to a non-dead magic zone to "juice up" as it were.

As for demodands themselves they are a race of outsiders with a peculiar moral connection to their plane. While they are magically affiliated with law and becoming chaotic or neutral in that regard would require a demodand the same level of change that would make an angel fall or a fiend rise, their morality is just as free as any mortal. They have the capability for good or evil as long as it is in the service of being a jailor, though most are evil due an environment with easily abusable power.

Demodands imprison powerful beings who cannot be dealt with in a permanent fashion. They accept prisoners who have either been judged guilt by the authority of another lawful plane, such as Babel, Paradise, or Etemenanki, or those they themselves have judged guilty.

The demodand legal system is presided over by three immensely powerful unique creatures never seen outside of their vestments of office. First is the Witness a diminutive creature resembling a doll no more than two feet tall, though usually invisible. Its job is to seek out those who represent some threat to the planes, material or outer, and record their truename and sending this information back to the Judge.

The Judge is a creature easily twenty feet tall, with a dozen arms on its humanoid shape, that tapers to a serpent's tail that is equal to its height in length. The Judge is always seen clad in rusted brown armor that encases it from head to tail, and has a helm resembling the capirote worn by some mortal flagellants save that instead of eye holes it has three glowing orbs that resemble glass. The Judge's duty is to determined whether one marked by the witness is guilty and if so whether they are to be imprisoned or destroyed by the Executioner.

The Executioner is a creature resembling a twenty foot tall human being, wearing nothing more than a loincloth and a mask of strange design: being a hood drawn tight around the entire face with glass windows over its eyes and a metal fan over its mouth. Despite these openings whatever form its face takes is unknown and obscured by magical darkness. The Executioner's job is unsurprisingly to destroy those the Judge has deemed unworthy of life, and it does so with a pair of axes that can severe a creatures connection to its destined afterlife, or in the case of aberrations and outsiders who can be reborn, from their cycle of reincarnation.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-03, 03:36 PM
Experiment with the fast healing by putting the cage on its side allowing the Demodand to touch the ground through the cage. Cast my supernatural enslave ability on the Demodand. Attempt to use his status device as him to prevent his superiors from realizing something is amiss. Examine scroll of names.

Use Magic Device Check: [roll0]
DC for enslave: 38
Demodand also gets a -4 on the save for being medium size.(Overwhelming intellect)

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 04:49 PM
Korino

"You know, I don't trust any of those tunnels. My vote is for getting out while the getting's good. How about the rest of you?"

Igneel
2012-04-03, 05:00 PM
"I don't trust these tunnels much, but then I also don't like the feeling that these prison guards and their warden could possibly hunt us down once more after escaping. Maybe if we can find where they hold their info on us, we can steal back that info and have it destroyed."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 05:06 PM
Information is the greatest weapon of all.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-03, 05:07 PM
Korino

"It's true, they could. But they'd be doing out of their territory, where we wouldn't have to rely on that poor bugger's goo-deposits in order to fight back. But if the vote goes towards the suicidal battling of our captors, I'm not exactly in a position to argue. I suppose if you all start dying I can just turn into a mosquito and hope for the best."

Igneel
2012-04-03, 05:21 PM
"Then if push comes to shove we shall vacate, as its a fools errand to battle when the outcome is clearly against us."

Wavelab
2012-04-03, 06:18 PM
"Before we go towards the enemy maybe we should find a zone where we have access to our powers first. That way we can prepare for a battle." Akha said while spread comfortably on the back of the giant aboleth.

THEChanger
2012-04-03, 07:05 PM
Bleddyn sighed as his fellow imprisioned flew upwards, each under their own power. He hated this. But there was only one thing for it. Dissolving his body back into the thousands upon millions of tiny sparks of dark energy it was constructed from, he soared upward in a torrent of black dust. He formed his pieces into the semblance of a body-though he did not retake his true form. "The child speaks with wisdom." The ringing of telepathy filled the minds of those present. It did not have the same eldritch madness latent in it as the Aboleth's did, nor the churning chaos of the Aeon's mental voice. Instead, it felt old. Ancient. A voice which had seen a thousand stars born, burn out, and die. Tired, empty, but not defeated. "In our current position, we are weak. Even if we escape, our captors will no doubt pursue us, and by whatever means they did so before, imprison us. I have no wish to go back in that hole. Which leaves us one option. Find how they search for us. Eliminate it. And then, either tear them all to pieces, or flee to a more protected location."

phantomreader42
2012-04-03, 07:09 PM
Experiment with the fast healing by putting the cage on its side allowing the Demodand to touch the ground through the cage. Cast my supernatural enslave ability on the Demodand. Attempt to use his status device as him to prevent his superiors from realizing something is amiss. Examine scroll of names.

If you are attempting to fool the monitoring device by pretending to be our jailer, I believe there is someone here who is more qualified for that task than you.

Waves tentacles in the general direction of the shapeshifter currently in demodand form.

In any case, I suspect the attack is already recorded. How soon we can expect unwanted company depends on how often they check the records.

Takes a seat next to the cage, looking in at the prisoner, monitoring surface thoughts.

Hello. There has been some sort of error. We were unjustly imprisoned without proper procedures. You can help rectify this injustice. We do not know what attacked you, but we would like to leave here before it returns, and before your superiors cause any trouble for you or for us. Can you tell us anything useful? How closely is your status monitored? Where is the nearest zone of functional magic? Where are prisoner records kept? Are there planar portals nearby, and if so to where? Before you ask, I have eaten recently, and have no immediate need to consume your brain. There is no need for us to harm you unless you force us.

Diplomacy check: [roll0]
Intimidate check: [roll1]
Bluff check to conceal the fact that I'd like to eat a demodand brain before leaving, though not necessarily this one if another option presents itself [roll2]

phantomreader42
2012-04-03, 07:21 PM
Korino

"It's true, they could. But they'd be doing out of their territory, where we wouldn't have to rely on that poor bugger's goo-deposits in order to fight back. But if the vote goes towards the suicidal battling of our captors, I'm not exactly in a position to argue. I suppose if you all start dying I can just turn into a mosquito and hope for the best."

If we stay close together, we can link hands and I can shift us to another plane in approximately twelve seconds, if granted the power to do so. Thus, we have an easy escape route should we be discovered. It is only a matter of time before that happens. Information would be useful, but risky to obtain. Returning later increases the risk, but gives us a chance to prepare. At least we should see what information we can get from the guard.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-03, 07:32 PM
If you wish, I will cause a Distraction. I have a Scepter so I may plane shift, and I can cause a, decent ruckus.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-04, 12:32 PM
If you are attempting to fool the monitoring device by pretending to be our jailer, I believe there is someone here who is more qualified for that task than you.

Waves tentacles in the general direction of the shapeshifter currently in demodand form.

In any case, I suspect the attack is already recorded. How soon we can expect unwanted company depends on how often they check the records.

"Would the shapeshifting fool the device do you think? I feel it is worth a try if we can keep the knowledge of our escape secret for a while longer no?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-04, 01:02 PM
Korino

"If I died right this moment I would remain a Demodand. I am one of them as far as the multiverse is concerned. The stone will accept me if it is tied to race, though obviously not if it is linked to that particular fellow. Although..."

Korino sheds the fur much of the bloat of his current form, replacing it with a layer of black ooze. He twists his form multiple times, until he is a replica of the wounded creature, minus the wounds.

"...There. That should do it."

------
Will Morphing into the guard be sufficient, or will you require a skill check, etc. to delude the Status stone?

Off the top of my head I can Take 10 on Bluff to get [41], and Take 10 on Disguise to get [51]

nyarlathotep
2012-04-04, 02:31 PM
Just on last thing the guard was a silmy demodand, just to keep from causing confusion. You also have fast healing 15 as long as you are in contact with the ground in any demodand form.

The demodand begins rapidly healing once more as long as it remains in contact with the ground. Additionally its list contains well over one hundred names that are marked as in bound, but not imprisoned yet. All of them have a crime listed as "Danger to the Reconstruction". When he awakened your jailor responds curtly and without elaboration to the illithid's questions, as forced by his enslavement.

Slimy Demodand: Yes, they should have dispatched someone down here as soon as I was knocked out; functional magic is only in the monitoring stations and judgment halls; prisoners are kept everywhere but the southern halls lead to the closest cells; the only portal I know of it the drop off to our north, but it can only receive from other portals rather than sent people places.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-04, 03:09 PM
Korino

"Oh well. I could always try impersonating the poor fellow if you can keep him concealed, I'm fairly good at that."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 03:18 PM
"If needs, be, have you considered making him release he other prisoners on the list? They would cause a riot.... And we'd make like that straw hat kid from that pirate world."

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 03:28 PM
Korino

"Oh well. I could always try impersonating the poor fellow if you can keep him concealed, I'm fairly good at that."

Unless someone is capable of simultaneously impersonating the large hunk of stone missing from our cell, I doubt that would suffice for long.

To the prisoner: What is the Reconstruction?

Pinky's eyes dart around, turning, scanning, looking for pursuers in all directions. Perception check [roll0]

It sounds like any available magic zone will be occupied and perhaps guarded, and that we are likely to be discovered soon. We have limited use of magic, and the portal is incoming only. Unless someone has a brilliant strategy to take on the operators of this prison without full access to our power, now may be the time to leave and regroup.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-04, 03:36 PM
Korino

"I could, but sadly I can't be in two places at once. Except as a Dvati, but I suppose that wouldn't do us any real good at the moment. And yes, I'm still all for fleeing like the escaped convicts we are, I never much fancied going up against the jailers on their own turf."

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 03:38 PM
"If needs, be, have you considered making him release he other prisoners on the list? They would cause a riot.... And we'd make like that straw hat kid from that pirate world."

I am beginning to suspect that you have extensive experience and talent in the causing of wanton destruction and chaos. At this time I am uncertain whether or not that is a compliment.

Igneel
2012-04-04, 03:54 PM

"Dare I ask what you mean by 'pirate world'?" In any case I'm interested in this Reconstruction business...

Looking to their prisoner by lowering his head to be eye level. Letting his molten gold eyes stare at the prisoner.

"Listen, I know that your not a bad guy, just doing your job and all right? So I won't hold that against you. I don't know how I got on your list, but I do know that I want to be out of here without making trouble for you and coworkers. Having more people after me just isn't fun. So how about we make a deal? If you help us find one of these 'monitoring' stations or whatnot, I'll see if I can get my comrades to let you go before we leave. Really its probably for the best if you help us, as I don't want to point talons here, but some of my comrades look hungry. How about it, will you help us?"

Using Rhetorical Flourish feat
Bluff check (try convince him that I will help him out of the cage in exchange for assistance): [roll0]
--If Bluff succeeds--
Diplomacy check (asking for assistance [including +4 modifier from Rhetorical Flourish]): [roll1]

--If Bluff Fails--
Diplomacy check (asking for assistance [including -2 modifier from Rhetorical Flourish]): [roll2]

Might as well roll to see if I can improve his attitude towards me at least...
Diplomacy check: [roll3]

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 03:56 PM
"We know that the enmey has our truenames. They also have theirs. If they are compareable in power to us, we would forge a temporary alliance of convince. We all want to escape, and if we gather enough forces, we should be able to take them down. And I havn't had any experince with this sort of thing. To be honest, I watch to much of my Crystal Ball."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-04, 04:04 PM
"We support the motion to leave this plane as soon as feasible. But first let us continue questioning our jailor before we ah...dispose of him."

Zkru turns his attention upon the slimy piece of filth who thought to imprison them

"Is your breastplate enchanted? If so then how? Who was your visitor who threw you against the grate?"

Zkru seems to be eyeing Matt incredulously. "Comparable power? Ignoring the fact that they know our truenames, which already grant them a massive advantage, there is also the fact that they are most certainly being beyond our power. They judge the criminals of the multivers and imprison them. Frankly I'm surprised we're doing as well as we are. They must have underestimated us or are over reliant on the dead magic traits of their prison. I would suggest that we skedaddle from here as fast as we can and go about changing our truenames."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 04:08 PM
Sighs agian."The other prisoners on the list. Why attack something that knows your truename? And I can help with that after we shift out."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-04, 04:15 PM
((OOC: Sorry, comphrehension fail, though it wasn't really clear what you were referencing in case. Theirs would seem to reference the enemy which is presumably the judge and jury or whatever and that's how I read it.))

"I say let them fend for themselves. If they can escape tartarus then they may be worthy of enlisting to our cause. In any case, we are wasting time with talk, we must take action. I say we flee."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 04:17 PM
A scepter emerges from his body. "Where to?" He's holding the scepter as he asks, ready to use it.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-04, 04:51 PM
Tired of waiting and want to go sleep so time for a ifforwhen type post. Enjoy the aboleth feeding practices.

"I believe that is secret, the walls have ears, possibly literally. Also perhaps you should save your charges and have pinky shift us? After all the power points will come back tomorrow but the charge will be gone for life. In any case let me cast some illusions first to help confuse our pursuers."

I use my slime ability to on the Demodand to prepare him for seasoning. I wait for the demodand to answer the questions. Then do the following:

"It's a shame I don't have the time to torture you properly, that does so increase the flavour. Oh well, you're too dangerous to take with us or to leave behind. I'm afraid you must die."

Zkru waits for the Demodand's transformation to complete. Then he starts eating his limbs, while keeping him in contact with the floor to prevent him from dying or passing out, keep the head and brain alive and intact for now, in consideration of his allies. Zkru orders the demodand to give his magical resevoir to whoever is casting the spell of planar travel

Zkru then starts weaving figments and illusions to confuse and befuddle their foes.

Once planar travel is complete Zkru eats the rest of the Demodand which is presumably a corpse by now and as such can travel along as a attended object.

Force the demodand to fail his save against the slime ability via dominate.

I cast illusory wall on the hole into our cell and all the passages leading from the chamber. I cast a programmed image of the demodand seemingly standing around as normal and waving at the newcomers to go off as soon as someone else enters the chamber. I cast a persistent image of us all within the cell, seemingly bemoaning our plight and pacing or whatever seems appropriate. I think this is all standard actions cos they're supernatural right? Note that true sight only works against my illusions if within 10ft of the illusion.

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 05:53 PM
Everyone link hands, please. We will be departing shortly.

Accepting the magical power, Pinky grabs the nearest hand, placing another on the aboleth's flank, wraps all four tentacles around the demodand's head and extracts its brain, using the magic to manifest Planar Travel, shifting everyone to a random spot on Avalon to evade capture. Upon arrival, Pinky finishes the meal and takes a deep breath.

I could have done without the slime, and enslaved minds tend to have an artificial aftertaste, but this was a unique experience. Perhaps in time I can learn to replicate the ability to carry magic with me.

Lore check to learn any information on "the Reconstruction" from the brain, including half-remembered fragments of data not immediately obvious to the previous owner: [roll0]

Pinky then begins making preparations.

Manifest Remote View Trap, applying the Extend Power feat. Duration 76 hours. Save DC 29. Cost 13 points.
Manifest Sustained Flight, also extended. Cost 13 points. duration 28 hours.

I chose this plane assuming it would be inhospitable to our pursuers. We will not stay here long. I recommend we put some distance between us and this landing zone, and have someone else shift us to yet another plane. Anyone trying to scry us in the next three days will have an unpleasant surprise, and alert me of their attempt.

Wavelab
2012-04-04, 05:59 PM
"Alright what is the plan?" Akha said, now playing with Zkru's tentacle while lying on his back.

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 06:16 PM
"Alright what is the plan?" Akha said, now playing with Zkru's tentacle while lying on his back.

Levitating a few feet off the ground, Pinky takes a look around

Perception check [roll0]

I would suggest we travel some distance from here, then shift elsewhere to confound tracking methods. Preferably to a plane from which our aeon companion can safely pass to the material plane.

Wavelab
2012-04-04, 06:18 PM
"Seems like a good idea." he responded, sitting up.

"May I do the next planar teleportation? I think we should both expend our power instead of having just you do it."

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 06:24 PM
"Seems like a good idea." he responded, sitting up.

"May I do the next planar teleportation? I think we should both expend our power instead of having just you do it."

I had already come to the same conclusion, albeit for a different reason. The more we vary our mode of travel, the more difficult it should be to track us.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-04, 06:27 PM
Korino

His magical reservoir no longer needed, Korino succumbs to the will of the Plane and Morph's into a Pixie, floating away slightly, grimacing as the two Aberrations consume their former prisoner.

"Which world would you suggest? Because I don't know any of you from my own, so we have a few choices."

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 06:45 PM
Floating in midair, Pinky takes up the lotus position, opens his bag of holding, and draws out a book, paging through it silently.

Knowledge(Planes) check on safe, stable planar travel options that avoid devil sickness: [roll0]

Kazyan
2012-04-04, 07:24 PM
Following after Pinky's book would come a large mote of white energy, bleeding off into redness at its edges. It floated away from the illithid, carried by nothing but momentum and unimpeded by air.

"There it went!" came a muffled, ethereal voice from inside the bag a jarring interruption to the seriousness of the situation. The opening of the bag began to glow with a light from inside, fading on its edges just as the mote. The light brightened over the course of one second, at which point a mass of motes expelled from it. "Can I even fit back--"

The next expulsion could hardly be considered a mote--more accurately, it could be called a globe. Specifically, a globe about the diameter of a gnome, before its edge bled out into the air. The motes swarmed to the globe, binding tightly to the red field of dispersing light.

"--yes I can!" the globe emitted its words. "And now I'm out here. Hi. Hi people. Did I miss everything, or just everything?"

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 07:43 PM
"And now I'm out here. Hi. Hi people. Did I miss everything, or just everything?"[/COLOR]

Pinky blinks to clear its eyes. In a mildly startled tone, it remarks

While I have kept many strange things in that bag, they have never included a living ball of light. Had I not just recently escaped imprisonment without trial on a prison plane with a flaming dragon, a psychic child, a master shapeshifter, an aeon, a swarm of undead, and an immense aquatic aberration, I would be significantly more surprised by this.

Pinky attempts to examine the newcomer telepathically and via Detect Psionics, and greets it calmly.

Spellcraft check for magical effects: [roll0]

Greetings. As the name bestowed upon me in my youth cannot be adequately expressed without the use of tentacles and telepathy, and most here lack at least one of those features, a simpler appellation is necessary. You may call me "Pinky". Extensive research indicates that this pseudonym achieves an optimal balance among descriptive accuracy, minimization of perceived threat, and self-deprecating humor. How do you prefer to be addressed? And for what possible reason could you have ended up imprisoned with us? Though given recent experience I doubt anyone bothered to tell you either.

Kazyan
2012-04-04, 07:55 PM
"Yeah, I noticed. I hid in your bag because I freaked out because I can't use my godpower. Mostly. Oh, I'm Clip! I'm a king, except not anymore because they popped my dream bubble. Hi, Pinky! I think I got the order wrong on answering but whatever. Hi, other things-slash-people! I have no idea where I am!" Clip bobbed up and down, rather quickly.

I don't think there's anything on Clip that can't be identified by a 55. The 'motes' are his equivalent of magic items.

If telepathy is anything like detect thoughts, Clip is mildly concerned about the, um, collection of all things in his line of sight. That concern is buried underneath an ocean of childike happiness.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 07:58 PM
"I recognize that irritating voice.... How long has it been scince your dream bubble was poped?"

Kazyan
2012-04-04, 08:14 PM
From the angle of rotation, a perceptive individual could guess that Clip had turned to "face" the Aeon.

"I don't know! However long it took them to take me to here, and then the time until I'm talking to you. That much. The weird part is that I'm in my dream body. Also, I don't know if time works like it's supposed to in dreams, because there was this one time I thought I was on a horse for three weeks and then I woke up. Really."

Knowledge(Arcana) is the only knowledge Clip has, and it's not high enough. No rolling; he'll be in the dark about everyone's natures. Metaphorically.

phantomreader42
2012-04-04, 08:24 PM
"Yeah, I noticed. I hid in your bag because I freaked out because I can't use my godpower. Mostly. Oh, I'm Clip! I'm a king, except not anymore because they popped my dream bubble. Hi, Pinky! I think I got the order wrong on answering but whatever. Hi, other things-slash-people! I have no idea where I am!" Clip bobbed up and down, rather quickly.

You are on the plane called Avalon, realm of the Fae. We do not intend to remain here long. We are fleeing those who imprisoned us, and hoping to misdirect them by taking a complex route. It appears you can fly under your own power, which is helpful, and if I may say, quite an enjoyable experience. Once we regroup and make plans, we will travel to another plane.

Igneel
2012-04-04, 08:49 PM
Basically under the assumption my attempt to make the Demodand failed or he tells things to everyone else.

Watching as his Aberration comrades devour the prisoner he only licks his 'lips' like a cat at the thought of food. Allowing one of the others to touch his flank for the Plane Shift he instinctively looks about upon arrival. With the return of his magic he almost purrs with glee, even though he is more then capable without it.

"I agree, we should be getting a move on." Spreading his wings, he is interrupted by the new voice of a glowing sphere. Leaning down to get a better view at the being, his golden eyes scrunch as he squints at the tiny being. "Just what we need, a floating lantern that talks... I certainly hope you are of use for us. Since you missed the introductions, you can call me Malsvir."

THEChanger
2012-04-04, 10:31 PM
The swarm which was Bleddyn gently touched the others as the Plane Shift occured. While within the Dead Magic Zone, it was only by sheer will he maintained his form. Now, outside where magic once again flowed as normal, Bleddyn could feel the negative energy surge through him, and outward. He moved just far enough away from his companions that his aura of power would not cause them discomfort. For whatever reason, living beings found his mere prescence painful these days.

Then he felt it. Something was wrong. Something was nearby that was against him. A pull, a desire to anihilate, a need to destroy utterly. And then the glowing orb popped out of Pinky's bag. And Bleddyn's swarm form burst with rage. Flying apart, the others could hear him screeching telepathically. "WHAT IS THAT THING? GET IT AWAY FROM ME! GET IT AWAY!"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-04, 10:35 PM
"Bleddyn, meet clip, a will o the wisp of pure positive energy. And the most annyonying thing to be stuck in a dream space with.... And Clip, stay away from Bleddyn. While I must admit to curosity to see what would happen, I belive it would aginast our best intrests."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-04, 11:17 PM
Sorry everybody I got stuck one page back and thus didn't update anything for a bit. So just assume this next bit is from before the consumption of the outsider.

Still complacent under the aboleth's domination ability your former captor continues answering questions.

Demodand: The reconstruction is the end of this cycle of reincarnation and life on the material plane. The current show runners have deemed the cycle a success or failure and are making a new one accordingly. I don't know what that means for the people still in place, I just lock up the ones who are going to be an issue. The only monitoring station within a mile is past the siren tree to the south. As for the quest that attacked me, it was one of the Horned Hunter's riders.

Edit: forgot one of the questions

I'm also still confused as to where you guys are actually shifting to.

Igneel
2012-04-04, 11:44 PM
Shifted to Avalon, and are planning on moving away some distance before Shifting elsewhere.

nyarlathotep
2012-04-05, 12:13 AM
With a swirling of magical energy the party is transported from their current prison plane into the ever shifting realm of Fae. At first you are falling through a whirlwind of autumn leaves and brightly colored mote of light before coming to settle on the roots of an enormous tree, stretching over a mile high and each root averages five hundred feet across. The Tree has the face of an old woman on its side which cranes down to speak to the party without moving its lips.

Tree: Now what do we have here? Newcomers without so much as a troupe for safety, and only a single guide with any contracts to speak of. So squidface how'd you convince these new childe to come here, when you're the only one with contracts of food, drink, or movement. I'd offer give you agreements of transport over my roots, in return for finding out about all of the changes coming to the world's connections. My toadstool circles and Heart-Trees have been going silent.

phantomreader42
2012-04-05, 09:01 AM
Knowledge(Planes) check on Horned Hunter and minions [roll0]
Knowledge(Religion) check on Horned Hunter and minions [roll1]
Lore check on Horned Hunter and minions [roll2]
Knowledge(Planes) check on probable impact on the various planes of the Reconstruction as described, especially the effect on Avalon [roll3]

Tree: Now what do we have here? Newcomers without so much as a troupe for safety, and only a single guide with any contracts to speak of. So squidface how'd you convince these new childe to come here, when you're the only one with contracts of food, drink, or movement. I'd offer give you agreements of transport over my roots, in return for finding out about all of the changes coming to the world's connections. My toadstool circles and Heart-Trees have been going silent.

Pinky turns to the tree and begins speaking in fluent Sylvan.

Your offer of aid is most welcome. We intend to vacate the premises as soon as feasible, so we shall not inconvenience you unduly. I may have a theory on what is causing the disruption in your circles, though I assure you we are not the cause. I am willing to share what infomation I have in exchange for your help.

Diplomacy check: [roll4]

OOC: Did we ever get a ruling on whether Knowledge(Arcana) and Knowledge(Psionics) are redundant due to psionics/magic overlap? If they are, I'll have to move my ranks in the latter about a bit, probably putting more in Diplomacy.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-05, 09:38 AM
If I have the skill I might as well use it. You forgot to answer my question on the Demodand's breastplate that I adressed to him, namely whether it's magical or not.

Knowledge(Eons) check on the giant talking tree:[roll0]
Knowledge(Eons) check on the horned hunter:[roll1]
Knowledge(Eons) check on fae realm contracts:[roll2]
Knowledge(Eons) check on the Reconstruction:[roll3]
Knowledge(Eons) check on fae realm troupes:[roll4]

Zkru seems to be pondering the situation, leaving the talking to the illithid, who seemed well suited to that particular task. He seems to be regretting the fact that he doesn't have much in the way of anti-divination protection.

He can be heard muttering psychically to himself.

"I should have bought those leaden robes, no matter how unstylish they were."

I'm assuming the status tablet was destroyed and the scroll and breastplate are in my inventory?

nyarlathotep
2012-04-05, 10:17 AM
Yes the two knowledges are redundant feel from to transfer to diplomacy.

The breastplate is none magical

Knowledge results for Pinky: The Horned Hunter was the first fey to ever permanently die and as a result attempted to make a contract with all of the underworld's god in the same way that he would other fey. He would be allowed to escape any punishments of the underworld in return for tracking down those who had escaped the underworld's rightful ownership.

The riders are fey who have died and agreed to serve as his servants. They are among the best tracker in the multiverse and ride jabberwockies or bandersnatch into battle.

The reconstruction would likely leave the inner fae realm that is disconnected from the material plane untouched, but any part of it that has a direct connection to the material plane through say sacred standing stone or a heart-tree would likely get cut off and wither unless it could find some other point of connection.

Zkru's knowledge: Pretty much the same info as Pinky on the horned hunter.

The giant talking tree would appear to be a weird of some variety. The source of oracle advice on the material plane and within the fae realm a provider of travel and protection.

Contracts are a fundamental part of how Avalon functions. In order to preform some action that woudl alter another senient being you must first get its permission to do so in the form of a contract. In turn however once you have this contract unless the whole thing is rendered null somehow neither side can break it and cannot prevent the other side from utilizing the contract as they see fit. This makes it neigh impossible to kill a fae save those who desire to die, but as they are not of this realm the same protection is not afforded to visitors from other realms, who can be affected by anything they cannot physically prevent.

Fae Realm troupes are just a sort of slang for groups of people bound together through a contract promising they will stick together and look after one another.

Tree: Thank you for your generosity. My name is Glenda, now tell me where you would like my roots to take you.

phantomreader42
2012-04-05, 11:39 AM
Tree: Thank you for your generosity. My name is Glenda, now tell me where you would like my roots to take you.

I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Glenda. My companions know me by the name "Pinky".

We wish to travel away from here, by a safe route, to a safe place from which we can leave this plane, and would prefer that as few beings as possible knew of our passing. We do not particularly care about our exact destination, as long as we can avoid pursuit. We will leave as little evidence of our passage as we can, and make a point not to damage your roots or branches if it can be avoided.

As for the information you requested, powerful beings which we cannot yet identify intend to end the cycle of reincarnation and life on the material plane, replacing it with something else. What, we cannot yet determine. They call this process "The Reconstruction". If allowed to continue, this process is likely to cause the withering of portions of Avalon that have a strong connection to the material, such as your Heart-Trees, though it may leave the inner portions of the realm unscathed. We were imprisoned in Tartarus on the grounds that we pose some unspecified threat to this process. The Horned Hunter is involved in some fashion, though his exact part in this is not entirely clear.

In return for this information, will you grant safe passage to us, and refrain from informing any who follow us of where we are going?

Updated Diplomacy check: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-05, 11:59 AM
Korino

As Pinky begins speaking Korino, still in Pixie form spins to face him and sprouts tentacles from his face, his skin turning murky green and his wings a deep purple. He waggles them somewhat haphazardly at the true Illithid; he can speak Tentacle-tongue, but his "accent" is rather rough given his flustered state.

"Are you mad? You don't make deals with gigantic Fey you just met!"

-------
Std: Chimeric Morph to add Half-Illithid template to Pixie.

phantomreader42
2012-04-05, 12:01 PM
"Are you mad? You don't make deals with gigantic Fey you just met!"

Telepathically: I have been called mad before. Have you any better options? As our enemies appear to threaten her as well, she has an incentive to help us.

nyarlathotep
2012-04-05, 12:10 PM
Glenda: I can gladly give you passage to the places that are safe or places that are private, but the two rarely intersect. Few would stand against the Horned Hunter as he has province and and pact with the realm itself to grant true death to those who opposed him. There is the dwelling of the cave spirits in particular the Lurker Tannis. He would hold the power to keep you hidden and safe for the price of entombment. You would need to swear yourselves enemies of the sun and attack its servants whenever you encountered them.

An additionally sanctuary might be Herric Mistress of Portals, but in her runs the blood of fiends, and her prices are not constant.

phantomreader42
2012-04-05, 12:35 PM
I am not entirely certain if the Horned Hunter is for us or against us. One of his riders attacked our jailer, so it may be that he desires our escape for reasons of his own.

I must consult with my colleagues to determine our course of action.

Wavelab
2012-04-05, 04:50 PM
"If she's willing to help us she's willing to help the people chasing us. I fear she might betray out position in hope for a reward. Akha said in a paranoid way.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-05, 04:55 PM
"Beings of Avalon are bound by the contracts they make, and I assume that the spoken word can still be intrpyrted as a verbal contract?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-05, 05:01 PM
Korino

"Oh she'd be bound by the contract, verbal or otherwise, just as we would. But no contract is truly airtight, if you look at a situation from the right angle, you can always find a way to get what you want. And Fey have loopholes down to a science. You can make whatever deals you want, but don't expect it to not come back and bite you in whatever you have instead of an ass."

Wavelab
2012-04-05, 05:20 PM
Akha taps Zrku on the back to get his attention. "Hey Zrkie... What's an ass?" He said, a bit confused.

phantomreader42
2012-04-05, 06:13 PM
Akha taps Zrku on the back to get his attention. "Hey Zrkie... What's an ass?" He said, a bit confused.

Something like this, Pinky says, pointing to the spot on Zrku's back directly in front of the child. His tentacles make it difficult to determine whether or not he is smiling.

Manifest Astral Construct power for 1pp, creating a pinkish, lightly glowing construct in the shape of a small donkey, with the Celerityability. It is directed not to attack, move off the aboleth, or take any hostile action. It will remain for one minute and 24 seconds. Craft check [roll0]

We do not need a complex contract or significant help, we merely need to move on and leave this plane without creating unnecessary disruptions or antagonizing the locals. Had our arrival not been observed, we would probably have already done so.

Kazyan
2012-04-05, 06:24 PM
Upon the request, Clip would move far away from Bleddyn and stay there. Usually he could make screaming people be quiet, but he wasn't in his dream anymore. Clip waited for the smart people to make their complicated promises and strategies, paying more attention than one would expect.

"Do we really have to worry about loopholes? It's kind of obvious. We go over the roots or whatever Glenda means and we tell her about stuff. Easy. You guys keep saying we have to go-go-go and we're talking at each other most of the time."

Clip's aura is on, so he's probably making nearby insects explode right now.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-05, 07:21 PM
Korino

"Do we really have to worry about loopholes? It's kind of obvious. We go over the roots or whatever Glenda means and we tell her about stuff. Easy. You guys keep saying we have to go-go-go and we're talking at each other most of the time."

"It's that kind of thinking that gets people dead. Can you cover every outcome involving her not covering our trail? Even if she agrees to do it, can you individually name each being in her debt & ensure she won't just find a way to have one of them do it? I'm telling you, never trust a thing with a face bigger than the whole Tarrasque."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-05, 07:23 PM
Glenda: You presume much little one about loopholes. What use are dead or captured information gatherers. Now if you had something to hide from me about the nature of this reconstruction, then the pact would be put you at a disadvantage but I would hope that was not the case.

Igneel
2012-04-05, 07:24 PM

Following the conversation, even in Sylvan, Malsvir can feel himself loosing his patience. Growling with a combination of irritation and impatience, a wave of searing heat radiates from Malsvir's body for but a second before he reigns it back in.

Yes... They do tend to talk a little too much, with little progression in acting out what they discuss. We don't need a safe place, just somewhere away from here so that we can leave.

Turning towards the talking tree he continues, "Glenda was it? Would it be too much to ask for any recent news that you might of obtained concerning other planes, such as Platonis, Orbus, or even Khepria? That might help us make a decision on where to go next."

No need to make Know checks since everyone else beat me too it.
Diplomacy for info: [roll0]
Hopefully the tree heard some gossip or news recently that might help.

Wavelab
2012-04-05, 07:58 PM
"Ok fine. Let's just go then."

Kazyan
2012-04-05, 08:21 PM
"The problem with sitting around and thinking is that you're not doing stuff. That's why I meditate instead of thinking about how I don't think as good as everyone else. Then you stop slowing everything down." Clip floated off along one of the tree's roots, half-expecting one of them to whip out a spellbook and cast something to make him stop talking.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-05, 08:24 PM
"True, and I belive the further delay is a bad idea."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-06, 01:26 AM
Glenda: I don't get to move much, but a little birdie told me that Orbis is becoming much more dangerous as of late. Its inhabitants are spreading out of their normal nests and abducting travelers seeking to use its portals between material realms. The flesh forest has an almost inverted problem as all of the souls seem to be drying up and only the natives are there to greet newcomers. I know nothing of the genie's desert.

Igneel
2012-04-06, 01:57 AM
"Well as the old saying goes, 'No bad news is good news', so it seems Platonis is the better bet of the three I listed off the top of my mind. I say we go there and hopefully get some assistance there."

phantomreader42
2012-04-06, 10:19 AM
Korino

"It's that kind of thinking that gets people dead. Can you cover every outcome involving her not covering our trail? Even if she agrees to do it, can you individually name each being in her debt & ensure she won't just find a way to have one of them do it? I'm telling you, never trust a thing with a face bigger than the whole Tarrasque."

If we do not LEAVE a trail, then there is no need to worry about covering it.

We have enough enemies, there is no need to make more. Had we instructed Glenda to self-fertilize and gone stomping along her rootsystem, she would have had no reason not to inform all and sundry of a bizarre band of rude planar travelers with no respect for the rights of others. Now, she has an incentive, however limited, to aid us, and to confound our enemies. If we minimize the amount of aid necessary, we will minimize our debt and risk, as well as hers.

The events around us have already resulted in serious alterations in at least four planes. That is valuable knowledge if we intend to survive or arrest this process.

Pinky nods his head towards Glenda in a gesture reminiscent of a bow.

I thank you for your information. Please do not tell anyone where we go, nor give them any information about our decisions as to our destination. We will leave you in peace as soon as feasible.

We can either shift out from here, or fly some distance first. I care not where we go, I will leave the decision to the rest of you.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 10:21 AM
"There's always Old Crom's place. There's only one problem...."

Igneel
2012-04-06, 10:58 AM
Doing a 'regal' bow by lowering his front legs and lowering his head towards Glenda, Malsvir stands back up shortly afterwards.

"I'm much obliged to hear what news you have, and thank you for your assistance. Maybe if we can find more information on what is going on, we will return to let you in on the current events."

Turning his head by craning his neck back to his comrades he continues.

"If no one has any complaints, I say that we shift away here. As Pinky said, we want to encounter as few residents of this plane which if we shift here rather then off a mile away we have a smaller chance of running into more witnesses."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-06, 11:11 AM
Korino

Eyes wide with glee & tentacles failing, the Pixilithid likes Malsvir's plan.

"YEAH YEAH! Let's do that. I promise, next plane, I'll be a super helpful worker bee, but with the deepest respect to our colossal acquaintance, I have....issues, with the Fey. Lets go barbecue us some desert critters."

Igneel
2012-04-06, 11:26 AM
Korino

Eyes wide with glee & tentacles failing, the Pixilithid likes Malsvir's plan.

"YEAH YEAH! Let's do that. I promise, next plane, I'll be a super helpful worker bee, but with the deepest respect to our colossal acquaintance, I have....issues, with the Fey. Lets go barbecue us some desert critters."

Its not entirely all that easy to tell, but its possible that the weird face that Malsvir has started to make by baring his teeth which the sides of his mouth somewhat curling upwards that its an attempted smile.

"I'm glad to hear your approval, and seeing your transformation abilities thus far, I'm sure that even if we can't find some helpful locals that you would be of some use. As to the barbecue, I'm more then willing to find me something to dine on there."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 12:26 PM
"Where to?" Holding the scepter and glancing about nervosuly.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-06, 01:22 PM

"It is a subgenus of Equus that encompasses several species of Equidae characterized by long ears, a lean, straight-backed build, a scant tail, and a reputation for considerable toughness and endurance.

The common donkey or "ass" is the best-known representative of the subgenus, with both domesticated and feral varieties.

Ass is also used informally to refer to the buttocks or behind."

"To Platonis! Plane of non-intimate lov-uh that is to say the elemental plane of desser-uhh...desert."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 01:44 PM
"I know a place there." Activating the scepter, he draws everyone into what seems like a choatic rift. "And down the rabit hole we go." On the otherside is huge tent meteroplis. "I Give you the Great Blacksoil, Home of The Khan of sundered earthmotes. He has several vested intrests in the meterial world, so..."

Igneel
2012-04-06, 01:44 PM

"It can also be thought of as a insult, referring to someone being rude, stupid, or inpolitely smelly like the animal or part of the body. Some people go as far to include the waste product most life exudes from such body part."

"To Platonis, as it seems to be lower in activity and we can possibly find a method to rid ourselves of our chasers way of tracking us."

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 06:17 PM
"Yay! Sand!" Akha shouted as soon as they landed, and he instantly went to constructing a sand castle.

Kazyan
2012-04-06, 06:41 PM
Once Clip figured out that someone was making a sandcastle and that everyone else was busy being smart, he hovered towards Akha, making sure to contain his power that made all of the bugs explode in the fey realm.

"I can help! Can I do my godpower here? Move sand!" A glob of sand arose from the ground, spilling grains unaffected by the spell everywhere. "Yay! I think we're good now. Since we have magic now, can we just use magic or a spell to make them not find us, and then we can stay here or go home? Or is it not that easy? Mal, you said we can do that in this place. Because I kind of want to stay here for a while."

Lifting 1 lb. of sundered earth motes with Prestidigation, or more with Telekinesis, whichever suits your interpretation of the rules if you're treating sand grains as separate. Both spells are in an orb. 1 round of suppression of positive energy aura.

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 06:43 PM
Akha smiled at Clip and his funny attitude.

"If you have such magic. But I don't think we can hide forever."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 07:00 PM
"There's also another reason I shifted us here. The Khan keeps a Innate of the Black Tower employed here. And, she can remove your Truename from existence, so far as everything but her is concerned." He looks really nervous. "She however, likes competitive games and, er, I owe her a small favour."

THEChanger
2012-04-06, 07:14 PM
Bleddyn crossed his arms. Which was rather unnerving, considering they weren't really arms. The constant shifting of the sand in his form created a sound like a waterfall off in the distance, and the edge of his form where his feet should have been bled into the true sand of the Elemental Desert, turning it black as soot. "How small is small?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 07:23 PM
"Funny you should mention that.... She wanted me to find you."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-06, 07:26 PM
Korino

Suddenly a Giant, Korino glares at the aeon.

"You, as in him specifically, or you as in all of us?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 07:29 PM
"Well, the love shrine just had Bleddyn on it, and she was always gushing on about how she had to meet him...."

Kazyan
2012-04-06, 07:32 PM
"Why can't we hide forever? I worked really well for me for a while in the bubble." Brief pause. "...Oh. Okay." Clip bobbed up and down. "So the favor? It can't be that bad. But if it is and I'm just being too trusting, we ask her for an easier one. Also, why do we care about names? I like my name. They'll recognize us no matter what our names are. We're obvious."

~2 rounds suppressed. Yeah, Clip has no idea what Truenames are.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-06, 07:40 PM
Korino

"Oh well that's alright then, let's go."

And with that he shrinks down into a small humanoid with glowing orange skin, and starts shooting spheres of flame from his hands, turning small chunks of the sand to glass, eyeing the sandcastle suspiciously.

-----
Std: Morph - Magmin.

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 07:48 PM
The glass sandcastle was a massive tower of extreme detail.

"Isn't it pretty?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 07:51 PM
"There are times you scare me. And I've seen elder evils, promordials and Hellina Lichloved."

phantomreader42
2012-04-06, 08:09 PM
Bleddyn crossed his arms. Which was rather unnerving, considering they weren't really arms. The constant shifting of the sand in his form created a sound like a waterfall off in the distance, and the edge of his form where his feet should have been bled into the true sand of the Elemental Desert, turning it black as soot. "How small is small?"

Judging by our recent experiences, I would suspect a "small favour" in this context to be a misnomer intermediate in size between the dragon and the aboleth.

Pinky takes a look at the now glassy sandcastle:
Knowledge(Engineering) check [roll0]

An intricate construction. Beautiful, though its structural integrity remains to be seen. I will refrain from manifesting any sonic effects.

phantomreader42
2012-04-06, 08:25 PM
"Well, the love shrine just had Bleddyn on it, and she was always gushing on about how she had to meet him...."

Bleddyn's history is quite fascinating, but his form does not seem conducive to such activity. To be honest, I find the prospect somewhat nauseating, and I am a hermaphroditic brain-eating tentacled aberration. If you wish to dissuade her lust, I may have a power useful for that purpose. I may even be capable of producing the opposite effect, though I would like to fully digest my recent meal before contemplating that.

OOC: Yes, Pinky can manifest Aversion and cast Unnatural Lust. Eagle's Splendor, False Sensory Input, and Memory Modification may be useful as well.

Knowledge(Arcana) check on Innates of the Black Tower: [roll0]

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 08:27 PM
OOC:
With Initiate of the Black tower I assume you mean the prestige class found in the Tome Series by Frank and K?

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 08:28 PM
yup.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Initiate_of_the_Black_Tower_(DnD_Prestige_Class)
"Trust me, that won't work.... the last time anyone tried getting into her head she summoned a pair of Balors inside of them. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was a contingency spell...."

phantomreader42
2012-04-06, 09:05 PM
yup.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Initiate_of_the_Black_Tower_(DnD_Prestige_Class)
"Trust me, that won't work.... the last time anyone tried getting into her head she summoned a pair of Balors inside of them. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was a contingency spell...."

That is both disturbing and amusing. I am not sure which is worse.

So, your proposal is that we prostitute Bleddyn for our own profit and incur a debt to a summoner trained by fiends. I will allow a few moments for your mind to fully grasp the insanity of this. Note that I am not ruling it out entirely.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 09:08 PM
She dosn't want him for that. There's, other reasons....

THEChanger
2012-04-06, 09:46 PM
The swarm stopped moving.

This was extremely odd. Bleddyn had been in a state of aggitation ever since Clip showed up. Indeed, in the prescence of the sphere of pure life energy, the swarm had been in constant motion away from it, as though it instinctively knew touching the sphere would result in something catostrophic. But now not a single particle stirred. It was as though the temperature of the body had fallen to such a degree as to draw all energy period from it.

A small voice came from the center of the swarm.

"Who is she again?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 09:52 PM
Hellina Lichloved, a mystic thurge Initiate of the Black tower, who has a intrest in all manner of undead, and a even greater one for what she considers undead fiends. Also, execpt for the fact that your a swarm, you are... simmliar in one respect Bleddyn.

phantomreader42
2012-04-06, 09:58 PM
She dosn't want him for that. There's, other reasons....

"Other reasons" that involve a "love shrine". "Other reasons" that you appear too embarrassed to name, after openly admitting to snuffing out the life of entire planets. "Other reasons" that I am not sure I want to know.

Sense Motive check [roll0]
Knowledge(Limits of my own sanity (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0198.html)) check: [roll1]

Pinky sighs deeply, and begins rummaging through his bag. He puts on a man's wig and wraps himself in his cloak, hiding his tentacles beneath it, then uses his ring to make himself appear as human as possible, and slightly increase his apparent height and weight.

Disguise check, with bonus for Disguise Self from Ring of Chameleon Power, and -2 penalty for appearing as a different race: [roll2]

Someone please notify me if it suddenly begins raining giant purple frogs that are on fire. I doubt even that would surprise me significantly at this point.

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 10:01 PM
"I have merely one question. Does Hellina Lichloved have candy?" Akha said, while getting back onto Zrkie's back.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 10:08 PM
I'm just nervos talking about any summoner, as a outsider I CAN be summoned, which leads me to the why I'm embarrassed. I may or may not have much say in the matter of attempting to Locate and "Invite him back to the tower" as it may seem.... and she probably does have candy. Probobly imported from Ghennea. Do not make remarks about her personal appernce, the last person that did, she summoned a few abyssal gutworms in his intestine.....

THEChanger
2012-04-06, 10:21 PM
The swarm shot up and away from the Aeon. No longer did it attempt to form any specific shape. It was simply a mass of confusion and anger. A cloud of dark dust that hovered over the assembled oddities. Eventually, after the cloud appeared to have calmed down somewhat, a single speck fell back down, and landed on the Aeon's head with a small sizzling sound, and a brief bit of pain for the Aeon. It transmitted a single word before winking out of existance, as the negative energy was canceled by the positive energy within the Aeon.

"No."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-06, 10:30 PM
Sighs with... Relief. "I'll just go and tell her that you refused the invitation. I hate this part." He seems to suddenly flash away.

OOC; A DC 30 spellcraft check would reveal that the means of transport was a gtreater planar binding spell.....

One hour later, he returns to the party
I HATE summoners.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-07, 01:15 AM
"...isn't there a better way to change our truenames? I dislike consorting with unknown summoners, especially ones who have bad enough taste to consort in a intimate fashion with the undead. Yuck."

Wavelab
2012-04-07, 01:17 AM
"But Zrkie! SHE HAS CANDY!"

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-07, 01:43 AM
"A lot of people have candy. Nothing special about that. Some of the marketplaces we pass will probably have candy. Candy is a illusion in any case. Also, look, a bird!"

Zkru points one of his tentacles in a random direction.

Wavelab
2012-04-07, 01:47 AM
Akha keeps eye contact with Zrku while pointing his hand in the direction his tentacle was showing towards. The next minute a ray of fire shoots forward. "The bird is an illusion, but the candy is not."

Manifest Energy Ray Fire 1PP

519 Power points left and one unique power per day spent on energy ray.

Igneel
2012-04-07, 02:10 AM
Taking time to change his form into a tanned tiefling male with long white hair down to the middle of his back and a barbed tail tipped what looked to be a scorpion tail, seemingly dressed in a traveler's outfit, he straightens out his outfit. He also activates his headband to give himself the smell of pines to get rid of his brimestone-like scent, and to clean himself of dust and sand. Keeping up with his comrades he listens to them as they discuss what to do.

"This female sounds quite possibly troublesome, especially with how our swarm of 'bad feelings' doesn't exactly want to cuddle and play nice. I say we find another way, as to lessen the number or powerful witnesses that could easily turn us in." Looking to the shapeshifter Malsvir turns his head somewhat as his hair sweeps over his shoulder "A few questions shapeshifter, are you capable of replicating genie and their kind? If so, can you replicate their wish granting abilities and how many times?"

Lesser Fiend form to change into a Tiefling, Shiftweave shirt used to make traveler's outfit.
Activate Headband for at-will Prestidigitation to clean/scent me up.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-07, 06:34 AM
Korino

The swarm shot up and away from the Aeon. No longer did it attempt to form any specific shape. It was simply a mass of confusion and anger. A cloud of dark dust that hovered over the assembled oddities.

The Magmin watches fascinated by the swarm. He himself often became a swarm, but usually a cloud of nothing smaller than a hornet, or a Bliss Mote. Becoming mere dust was tricky, but Bleddyn made it seem effortless. He made mental notes on the formation of the cloud, once the immediate trouble passed he was going to have to try that.

I HATE summoners.

"Well between us, I'm pretty sure we could make you mortal if you like."

"A few questions shapeshifter, are you capable of replicating genie and their kind? If so, can you replicate their wish granting abilities and how many times?"

Growing 10ft Korino's skin turns deep red, dark hair erupting from it's head and face, fine silk clothing replacing the Magmin's molten skin, and a scowl replacing it's mad smile. A turban of white silk appears on his head, and a long curved sword appears at his hip. Around his neck is a circular emerald amulet, held by a long, loose single gold thread. He looks down at Malsvir, and when he speaks his voice is deep & loud, like a roaring flame in a forge.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I can. As for how many times, well that all depends on how generous I'm feeling, or what you offer in return, doesn't it.

With a self-important grin he raises his hand towards Zkru-, and strands of golden light surround his arm. With a flick of his finger they stream towards the Aboleth, solidifying just in front of Akha'Ryu in the form of a large, beautifully made stained glass bowl, filled with enough sugary sweets to rot the teeth of a Titan.

He turns back to Malsvir.

"But it is now one less time than I could before."

-------
Std: Morph - Efreet.
Std: Wish SLA - Create a bowl of candy.

Wavelab
2012-04-07, 06:41 AM
"I love you." Akha said, apparently calmed extremely from his previous anger. He lifted the bowl psionically and placed it on the aboleth's back. Then he started eating.

Manifest telekinesis 5 power points.

Kazyan
2012-04-07, 09:13 AM
Clip had left the area during the hour in which the Aeon was absent, busy playing with sand and basically graffiti-ing the entire flat with Arcane Marks, because he could. Once conversation resumed, he floated back to the group, held in his aura again, and listened.

"Ooh! I know! I know!" Clip floated closer to the genie-form Korino. "This is the easy part! I wish the bad guys couldn't follow us. There, done. We can go home now. What do you want for trade for that?"

Let out aura during "break" hour. Reining in it again. ~5 rounds cumulative.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-07, 03:14 PM
Korino

Korino lets out a deep belly laugh at the child's reaction.

"Do not forget that little one, if your Aboleth compatriot ever decides he wants me for a mind slave."

He then turns to Clip.

"Well considering the trouble we are all in, and your supposed "God Power", I suppose an an act of service at some point in the future would be fair. Though you might want to refine your wording a little."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-08, 02:24 AM
In the distance the Khan's tent-city sits with a sort of grim silence that one would not expect from a man whose power was primarily invested in Shaitan cavalry and spiritual necromancy. True to his name all of the sands around the encampment are black as coal and seems to pull light out of the air around it. The only source of disturbance that reveals any life within the camp is smoke rising from the two inner most tents.
---------------
While Matt was being summoned away.

The aeon appears within the the confines of a binding circle, whose surroundings are cloaked in the pitch black smoke produced by a large brass censer. Standing beneath him is a woman who might have been considered beautiful once, but her love of death has drained away any vitality that once flowed through her face and body leaving behind only bone and muscle driven forward by manic obsession. Even so she maintains the azure skin tone and large frame of all shaitan, that is a gift of being attuned to the elemental force of earth.

Hellina: The way you purposed the offer made me seem like some sort of tramp. I really wouldn't expect such an old and powerful creature to hold such archaic taboos.

At this point she stands up revealing a crystal orb behind her. Within floats the screaming spirit of another genie. This male specimen bares a striking resemblance to her, and as one would expect a brother to. The spirit struggles against its bounds and rapidly distorts in size and features, sometimes disappearing from view and just as quickly swelling up to fill his entire glass prison. Hellina walks around her captured family member, lovingly stroking his confines.

Hellina: Just tell him I only want to know how he managed to draw on the power of an entire planar level to maintain unlife. I'm not some tart looking for fun, but a deticated lover looking to curb a partner's self destructive behaviors.
-------------------
Resume wish bantering and Matt reappears.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 02:36 AM
While I was summoned
Call me old fashioned. Also, I apologize for the wording, I'm still confused by your kinds biological impulses at times, and I tend to assume the.... more unplesent. It's proven right more often then not....
Back with the party
Er, she was a bit... peeved about how I worded it. She only wants to know how you drew in a entire planar level to sustian unlife. And it's not for her.... She said something about curbing anothers self destructive behavoiurs. Also, it's reasonable to assume she's scrying on us right now.....

Igneel
2012-04-08, 11:36 AM
Growing 10ft Korino's skin turns deep red, dark hair erupting from it's head and face, fine silk clothing replacing the Magmin's molten skin, and a scowl replacing it's mad smile. A turban of white silk appears on his head, and a long curved sword appears at his hip. Around his neck is a circular emerald amulet, held by a long, loose single gold thread. He looks down at Malsvir, and when he speaks his voice is deep & loud, like a roaring flame in a forge.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I can. As for how many times, well that all depends on how generous I'm feeling, or what you offer in return, doesn't it.

With a self-important grin he raises his hand towards Zkru-, and strands of golden light surround his arm. With a flick of his finger they stream towards the Aboleth, solidifying just in front of Akha'Ryu in the form of a large, beautifully made stained glass bowl, filled with enough sugary sweets to rot the teeth of a Titan.

He turns back to Malsvir.

"But it is now one less time than I could before."

I'm 12ft tall if I stretch my neck, so I'm still able to look down at you. But of course I have to shift to my dragon form to do so :smalltongue:

"I see, so my assumption was correct. Then we have several courses of action that we can proceed with if we so choose."

Holding out his hand he starts unfolding fingers as he lists several points.

"First, we can do the obvious of getting rid of our pursuers way of divining on us by ridding their records of our true names. This of course means they will have to re-research us before being able to use our true names.

Second, we can change our true names. I have little knowledge of what kind of effects this might cause if we do so wrongly so it might be a gamble, but I assume that will mean they have to research our new names which effectively leads us to the same conclusion as option one.

Third, assuming that my lack of knowledge isn't too much of a hindrance as this is just an idea, we can rid ourselves of true names entirely. This may make it impossible for them to research our true names ever again. But then I don't know what such a action will cause and am just voicing an idea.

Fourth, some how make them completely forget us."

Any other ideas?

phantomreader42
2012-04-08, 11:39 AM
While I was summoned
Call me old fashioned. Also, I apologize for the wording, I'm still confused by your kinds biological impulses at times, and I tend to assume the.... more unplesent. It's proven right more often then not....
Back with the party
Er, she was a bit... peeved about how I worded it. She only wants to know how you drew in a entire planar level to sustian unlife. And it's not for her.... She said something about curbing anothers self destructive behavoiurs. Also, it's reasonable to assume she's scrying on us right now.....

Did you instruct her to ward herself against electricity? Or am I correct in assuming that such a warning would be redundant in her case?

The last time I spoke with Bleddyn, he left abruptly to do some unspecified "research". I was beginning to suspect that what he had discovered was dangerous and relevant to our imprisonment, but this is far beyond anything I had imagined...

My Remote View Trap (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/r/remote-view-trap) should still be active, that notifies me of any scrying or remote viewing attempt that includes me, prevents any that fail a Will save, and deals 8d6 points of electricity damage on a failed save (half if successful). Of course, she may be immune to electricity, but I'd still know about the attempt...

Knowledge(Religion) check on lich immunities: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-08, 11:44 AM
Korino

"I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I know enough, and I wouldn't suggest ridding yourself of a Truename altogether, unless your intent is to vanish and us all to forget you ever existed."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 11:54 AM
"And yet, there are people who have no truenames at all that exist. But, it's a pain to even embark on that road. And even if she's not scrying on us, she's defintaly aware of us....."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-08, 12:13 PM
"Third, assuming that my lack of knowledge isn't too much of a hindrance as this is just an idea, we can rid ourselves of true names entirely. This may make it impossible for them to research our true names ever again. But then I don't know what such a action will cause and am just voicing an idea.

Fourth, some how make them completely forget us."

"That would almost certainly destroy us and our souls utterly and completely, rendering us unable to be raised except through the most esoteric of means.

The only way I know of to make the likes of them completely forget us involves consorting with some of the ah, shall we say darker deities of the multiverse?

To me the best option currently seems to be changing our truenames?"

THEChanger
2012-04-08, 01:09 PM
Bleddyn slowly came back to the ground, swirling into a shape roughly human. "Cigam Laever" Bleddyn's senses expanded, and the flow of magic became visible to him. "Now. Where is that scrying sensor. I think I should have a little chat with Ms. Hellina."

Kazyan
2012-04-08, 01:30 PM
Clip hovered for a moment, considering how to word the wish. Honestly, he wasn't good at this. People had words for the same thing, and yet everyone acted like saying things differently actually meant different things. Clip just decided he wasn't smart enough to get it right. But some of the dragon's options sounded good, if 'true' names were really that important.

...Ah. An idea flashed across his mind.

"If we take away the paper that has our names on it, they can just get them again, right? But if we do things to our names, bad things happen, but since they know our name, they can follow us." Clip paused for a bit, considering if he understood what everyone was saying correctly. "What if anyone who knows our names forgets them right after? Then they won't be able to use them, or find out again, and our names don't have to get changed. So, we can wish that people forget our names when as soon as they know about them. Also, my mind kind of hurts now for some reason?"

1 point of wisdom damage for holding in the aura.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 01:35 PM
"I know the Curse your talking about. Last time I heard it was used on this little world aginst a few rouge dragons. It also makes YOU forget your name, and a true name is diffrent then your use name. A use name is a label, you an change it and there is no other consqunes. A true name is a metaphysical concept that encompasses all that you HAVE BEEN, all that you ARE, and all that you MAY BE. As such, altering it in anyway is..... dangerous. One of the reasons why I consider Truenamers to be overly reckless."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-08, 02:35 PM
Korino

"So it seems the desire is for me to change our Truenames for ones less ... "high profile". It seems to me a decent plan, though to do so would require more skill in the language of reality than I possess. I shall require either an enchantment to increase my linguistic ability. I know of an item that would be sufficient."

The Genie rapidly diminishes in size and shape, leaving only a silver amulet the size of a man's palm & bearing a grinning face, laying on the sand. A croaky voice emanates from the amulet.

"I am an Amulet of the Silver Tongue, a magical device designed to enhance the wearers ability to vocalise Truespeech. Obviously I cannot use the Genie power in this form however, so we will need to obtain another somewhere. Any suggestions?"

-----
Morph (Enchanted Item Transformation): Greater Amulet of the Silver Tongue.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-08, 03:24 PM
"We could inquire as to availability of one at the nearby city perhaps?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 03:27 PM
You are aware I can use wish every day, correct? That, and Hellina is a Genie.....

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-08, 03:32 PM
Korino

Korino reverts to his Efreeti form, this time easily 15ft tall with a beard and hair of pure molten gold.

"As I said in our cell I haven't mastered you yet, so no, I didn't know that. But if you too can revise reality as the genies can, then would you care to whip up a Greater Amulet & we can begin making our enemy's hold on us a little less secure."

---
Chimeric Morph: Advanced Efreeti.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 03:39 PM
"I should be able to......" All of a sudden Clip notices a Amulet that was there all along.

OOC; Rather then spend the EXP for creating it, "Someone had droped their amulet there some time ago. It got buried by the sand, but a recent upheavl caused it to get to the surface agian where Clip would see it." Instead of creating the amulet, create a set of circumstances that gives us one:smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-04-08, 03:51 PM
"That would almost certainly destroy us and our souls utterly and completely, rendering us unable to be raised except through the most esoteric of means.

The only way I know of to make the likes of them completely forget us involves consorting with some of the ah, shall we say darker deities of the multiverse?

To me the best option currently seems to be changing our truenames?"

"Well then, to avoid being wiped off the face of existence that seems to be the best course of action. Then I suppose the next course of action is figuring out how many times we can do such a tactic, as if we can't get everyone 'hidden' we'll need a course of action after that."

Looking to see that the shapeshifter and the Aeon have already started working together to better their chances of success.

"What kind of 'payment' would most interest you? As much as I loathe owing someone, I can't offer much outside of favors, what amount of currency I have on me, and not outright trying to eat you while your in a much smaller and edible form."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-08, 04:04 PM
"Your death would be good." He seems amused, but then looking at mal, decides to finish the joke. "It's a necromancers joke I heard a while ago. If they took your life, you'd be dead. But if they took your death, you couldn't die. I mostly say it because of how it sounds to most people. A decent play on words, don't you think?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-08, 04:06 PM
Korino

"I'll tell you this Dragon: if you find a way to consume me and keep me consumed, then you deserve your meal. I may not be able to stand against you in battle, but I'm more than capable of escaping your Fiendish gullet. But yes, I'd say a carte blanche from a being of your stature constitutes fair payment."

Seeing the Aeon produce an Amulet the Genie chuckles.

Excellent. We can begin. Thus far Malsvir & Matt have earned their freedom from Tartarusian bondage, what of the rest of you? And as for you two, who would like to be first?"

Igneel
2012-04-08, 04:20 PM
"Your death would be good." He seems amused, but then looking at mal, decides to finish the joke. "It's a necromancers joke I heard a while ago. If they took your life, you'd be dead. But if they took your death, you couldn't die. I mostly say it because of how it sounds to most people. A decent play on words, don't you think?"

"It does sound like a interesting way to twist the words... I just might have to remember that one..."

"I'll tell you this Dragon: if you find a way to consume me and keep me consumed, then you deserve your meal. I may not be able to stand against you in battle, but I'm more than capable of escaping your Fiendish gullet. But yes, I'd say a carte blanche from a being of your stature constitutes fair payment."

"As of now, I have no desire to feed on you, as there are much easier ways for me to get food if the desire was there. I will allow myself to owe you a favor, assuming that this plan works well enough that we aren't bothered by our pursuers let alone being wiped off the face of existence."

Excellent. We can begin. Thus far Malsvir & Matt have earned their freedom from Tartarusian bondage, what of the rest of you? And as for you two, who would like to be first?"

"I personally feel we should work out the wording of the wish first and bounce it between each other trying to find any loopholes the cosmos might find it it. As to who goes first... I believe the fairest way to figure that out is either for whoever wants to be first to go first or a game of sorts to decide. Something along the lines of what humans call 'Rock-Parchment-Dagger' should do adequately."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-08, 04:27 PM
Korino

"Agreed. If I accidentally erase you from existence, I shall hold your debt to me as void."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-08, 04:28 PM
"...I could give you certain endowments of the flesh, though every such endowment has its own unique price of course. Mmm, though I suppose these fleshshapings wouldn't be of much use to a shapeshifter. Ah well. I'll just have to risk it I suppose. And stick to you like a tick so that you share the risk. Such fun. >:)"

The aboleth's three eyes seem to bore into the shapeshifter in a quite unnerving fashion.

Wavelab
2012-04-08, 06:57 PM
"I could play chess against you for my freedom." Akha said calmly eating his candy.

"It's a shame. I like you."

THEChanger
2012-04-08, 07:49 PM
Bleddyn kept his senses alert, searching for any signs of a scrying beacon or spell nearby. What could generally be assumed to be his face, however, turned towards the shapechanger. "Well now. If we're bargaining for my freedom, I suppose there is little out of the question. Name a price, and I will see what I can do for you."

phantomreader42
2012-04-08, 08:57 PM
Korino

"Agreed. If I accidentally erase you from existence, I shall hold your debt to me as void."

That is certainly comforting.

nyarlathotep
2012-04-08, 11:06 PM
There are no actual scrying effects in place that you can sense.

Wavelab
2012-04-09, 06:04 AM
Akha looked at the aboleth and searched him. He conjured a chess board and a few pieces hidden on the aboleth.

He placed it on the ground and packed the pieces. "Let's play."

Let's say five rolls and the highest total wins?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Total: 226

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-09, 06:17 AM
Korino

Seeing the chessboard the Shpeshifter diminishes in size again, this time stopping at exactly 150cm, an exact replica of Akha'Ryu.

"A challenge. Very well, I accept."

And so the two identical children sat at opposite ends of the chessboard, trading moves faster than most mortal eyes could follow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Total: 203

As the final match concluded with the real Akha toppling Korino's king, the boy stood, and returned to his Advanced Efreeti form.

"Very well, you have bested me. But it was an exercise in mental fortitude that I shall not soon forget, and has given me insight into the minds of men I did not possess before. My transformations will be improved for it. The new name is yours."

---------
Mv: Shapshift - Human
Std: Chimeric Morph - Advanced Efreeti

Wavelab
2012-04-09, 06:26 AM
Akha got up and went towards the Efreeti. He looked at him without emotion. Then he hugged him. "Thank you."

Kazyan
2012-04-09, 06:47 PM
"I don't know what you want, and I don't have money to buy the wish either. Ask me for something. I'll try it. I'm mostly good at moving stuff around; I got practice with that in my dream because you need to do that a lot. It's harder to just make the floor go away than to move the floor." Clip idly placed another arcane mark on the ground. "The coolest thing I did most of the time was something I call Wall of Delete. Wanna see? Can that help?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-10, 12:03 PM
Korino

<Flash Forward>

Satisfied with his assorted forms of payment, the towering Genie-ish affixed the amulet to his collar, and opened the Truespeech tome to the appropriate syntax.

Turning to face Clip, who had bravely volunteered to go first, Korino Wished to cast the spell on the Will'o'Wisp, supplementing the strands of golden light that encircled the orb creature with powerful phrases in the Primordial tongue, altering the cosmic patterns that made up his Truename; merging, separating and making brand new primordial brush-strokes until the name was completely unrecognisable, yet still perfectly encapsulating all that Clip was, is and ever shall be.

(The next part is assuming all goes well. If it doesn't then disregard it.)

His compatriots confirming that the first spell had succeeded, Korino turns his power upon Matt the Aeon, likewise altering his Truename to something brand new, yet still functioning identically.

He then Morphed from a towering fire Genie into a towering earth Genie, a Pasha Shaitan. And as before he invoked the power of Truespeech, first against himself, then Bleddyn & Zkru-. His final transformation is into a Vizier Djinni, and again he enforced his magical power upon Pinky, Akha' & Malsvir in turn.

As the golden light faded for the final time, all were now free of the prying eyes of Tartarus. Drained from such an epic display of power, Korion diminished in size, becoming a Hobbit of impressive girth around the midsection, and letting out a sigh he fell backwards onto the sand, arms behind his head as a pillow.

"Not bad, eh?"

--------
Std: Wish - Duplicate the Sor/Wiz version of Ritual of Renaming.

Std: Morph - Advanced Pasha

Std: Morph - Advanced Vizier

Move: Shapeshift - Halfling

phantomreader42
2012-04-10, 01:10 PM
Korino

"Not bad, eh?"

Impressive. I suspect you will be hungry after such a display.

Pinky pulls out a mug, fills it with water, drops in a spoon, and hands it to the halfling. Making a series of gestures, his robe changes from black to a sandy tan that would blend in with the desert anywhere other than this odd black stretch, and any stains from the demodand's slime or leaked brain matter disappear.

You will most likely want some sort of flavoring for that. What is your preference?

That's a Sustaining Spoon in the mug, and Prestidigitation is my one cantrip for the day. Of course, if I need it again, I can use just one of my higher-level slots. Or I could do flavoring via False Sensory Input.

Igneel
2012-04-10, 01:13 PM
(assuming everything went okay...)

Watching as each of them took turns being freed from the eyes of Tartarus, even if temporarily, Malsvir eagerly awaits his turn. Finally after receiving his turn he looks down at his hands and flexes them almost like he was expecting something to not work.

"Hmm... Yes it seems to of worked. Hopefully it will buy us some time before they find our new True Names much like they did in the past. Now onto the next important question... What do we do now? Technically we each have no need for each other, and can easily go our separate ways."

Looking out to the distance, Malsvir continues "But then, who knows what is going on in the multiverse? We could just as easily stick together to figure out what is going on. I personally am interested in finding out what is happening and how it will effect me and my goals of eventually being able to retire with a vast hoard to sleep on. What is everyone else wanting to do?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-10, 01:17 PM
They want to end reality. I like reality as it is. I have all my stuff here. Also, this should kill some time. And I've always been intrested in a "adventure". Also, this should afford me ample opertunities to advance in a direction I've always wanted to go in.

phantomreader42
2012-04-10, 01:29 PM
Each of us, among many others, was imprisoned on the grounds that we pose a threat to the Reconstruction. Logically, this implies that there exists some means of preventing it, as if the Reconstruction were inevitable it could not be threatened.

I have never saved the world before. It sounds like something worth trying. It sounds like fun.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-10, 01:33 PM
Korino

"Ooh, strawberry tart thank you."

Korino will munch happily on the flavoured mush.

"The squid-man makes a good point Malsvir, end of the material Plane isn't exactly a great outcome for any of us. We've gone this long without killing one another, I reckon we can go a while longer.

I reckon we should move on from here though, Genies are perceptive, they may have noticed my little display. Maybe one of your worlds, see if we can track down a Reconstructer? Is Reconstructer a word? Well, it is now."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-10, 01:38 PM
I know a world or two. I warn you though, they have this bias aginst magic and the supernatural. Last time I was there, they ran around screaming that I wasn't possible. Maybe they know something? I only mention it due to the fact that if the meterial is being altered into something drasticaly diffrent, a plase thats the polar opposite of standard reality would be a logical place to look. That, and it's fun messing with them.

Igneel
2012-04-10, 02:08 PM
"The squid-man makes a good point Malsvir, end of the material Plane isn't exactly a great outcome for any of us. We've gone this long without killing one another, I reckon we can go a while longer.

"... Yes, fine. I don't exactly wish for the Material plane to cease as that is where I find my easiest prey. Not to mention that outside of the Elemental Earth Plane, the Material plane is where I find most of my precious gems and metals..."

"I reckon we should move on from here though, Genies are perceptive, they may have noticed my little display. Maybe one of your worlds, see if we can track down a Reconstructer? Is Reconstructer a word? Well, it is now."

"I don't do much traveling outside of to hide after a conflict has started, and even then its typically a short jaunt over to Gehenna. I'm open to other places that people can come up with as long as I can reasonably 'co-exist' with as a tiefling. All my other forms aren't as... Welcomed I suppose the word would be."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-10, 02:20 PM
"While I do not have any strong motivation to save the material plane, the name "Reconstruction" implies that it would simply be a temporary destruction whereafter a new order would be brought into place. Following the advice of the old adage 'better the devil you know' I will help to stop this reconstruction business."

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-10, 02:27 PM
Korino

"I never liked that saying. The Devil you know has a lot more leverage over you than one you've never met before, it's just how they are.

The saying should be "Better the Demon you know" because if you actually know a Demon it means you've either hammered out a truce with them or they're just too afraid of you to backstab you. Whereas a new Demon will as likely rob you as look as you if they think they can get away with it."

Wavelab
2012-04-10, 06:23 PM
"Thank you." he said in response to his true name being changed.

"Why don't we just go to the material plane? I've lived there most of my life and I can tell you it's not that bad."

Kazyan
2012-04-10, 06:56 PM
"Wow, that was cool. Really cool! Thanks! Now we're all safe! Now what?" Clip lowered halfway into the ground. "The Reconstruction thing? I say Pinky has good logic. Are we the only ones who can stop it? If so, let's do it! I'm kind of mad that they popped my bubble, anyway, so I kind of want to hit them a bunch."

There was no indication in Clip's ethereal voice that he felt any actual frustration.

"And I don't really know where to go, and all of yuu guys are pretty fun and nice and I'm not going to be able to do anything without smart people like you figuring stuff out."

THEChanger
2012-04-10, 08:00 PM
Bleddyn felt the magic of the Genie flow over him, reaching into his past, changing and rearranging the basic building blocks of who he was. A new Name had most certainly been given. The swarm shimmered, and flared as the magic took hold, but eventually calmed down, once again forming into that familiar, generally humanoid shape. He considered the words of his compatriots. This Reconstruction, from his point of view, might not be such a bad thing. If the current cycle of life and rebirth was disrupted, it might mean that Gehenna too would be disrupted, either enough to end his miserable existance, or to allow him to end the plane himself. But Bleddyn didn't know enough about what the Reconstruction meant; it was equally possible that such an act would solidify the current planar structure even more, making his freedom an impossibility. "I will accompany you all for a time, if merely because I have no wish to be found by Hellina. On one condition." The swarm shaped itself into a giant mouth, which turned towards Clip. "YOU STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE!"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-10, 08:04 PM
"I didn't really have a choice you know...." he's looking (somehow) sheepish. "And I think I know a good place to look..... The plane of memory."

OOC; Or it's equilvent. I'm going with, this is huge and happened before, so maybe the universe itself has a fragment of memory about it.

Kazyan
2012-04-10, 08:38 PM
Clip bolted away from Bleddyn, almost unseen due to increasing depth in the ground.

"What? I didn't do anything? What's wrong? Sorry!? Go poof."

Clip would disappear suddenly. After a few moments, his voice would be heard:

"HEY! IS THIS FAR ENOUGH?"

If anyone cared to look up, they would see a red and white twinkle somewhere in the sky.

Teleport. Ignore second quote if this Seen Once roll is bad enough: [roll0]

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-10, 08:45 PM
Clip, you are made of pure positive energy, the power of life. He is made of pure negative energy, the power of death. If you came into contact with each other, you'd cancel each other out in a painful fashion, but becuase he's a lich, he'd come back. And if what i've heard, and overheard, is true, he can't be killed permentalty.

THEChanger
2012-04-10, 09:58 PM
"Correct on all counts. And as the process of dying and being reborn is exceedingly painful for me, I would greatly prefer it if you did not touch me. Ever." The swarm mouth grimaced(which, considering it was only a mouth, look very odd indeed), and changed back into its regular shape, the point made. "The Plane of Memory, you say? Never actually visited. Though in retrospect, it may have been useful in my research. I could get us there, as I have a Plane Shift spell prepared. Unless someone else has an easier way."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-10, 10:02 PM
You method should be good. Besides, I need to check some old memories. I only keep about 50 billion years worth in me at a time, and so it might be that I know something about this, but I don't have enough memories at the moment.

Igneel
2012-04-11, 02:03 PM
Korino

"I never liked that saying. The Devil you know has a lot more leverage over you than one you've never met before, it's just how they are.

The saying should be "Better the Demon you know" because if you actually know a Demon it means you've either hammered out a truce with them or they're just too afraid of you to backstab you. Whereas a new Demon will as likely rob you as look as you if they think they can get away with it."

"I don't know why, but for some reason I find that somewhat insulting. Maybe its because I'm 'friends' with devils, or maybe because demons are slightly more chaotic then devils? In any case you shouldn't trust either of them, or their ilk. Even if you can throw them a certain distance..."

"I didn't really have a choice you know...." he's looking (somehow) sheepish. "And I think I know a good place to look..... The plane of memory."

"An interesting proposition. What kind of plane is it exactly, as in will I have to fly or depend on someone else for magic to protect me? How will we find what we are looking for, or know if we found it?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-11, 02:40 PM
The plane of memory is a bit of a misnomer. It's a lower part of hypnos made of solid memories. It can get, unsusal, or lethal, depending on what your thinking of at the time, and what you may have forgtten you've forgotten.

Kazyan
2012-04-11, 07:37 PM
"IS IT OKAY IF I GET ANY CLOSER THAN THIS? BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE QUIET FROM UP HERE."

The twinkle in the sky radiated a few strands of of light.

At-will Positive Energy Rays into the air.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-11, 07:40 PM
Bleddyn's just a little nervous. Your both capable of killing each other on contact, and he wants to minimize that risk. Also, the negative energy that makes up his body might be infulencing his mind to try and.... well, he might not want to to kill you.

Wavelab
2012-04-11, 08:33 PM
"He has cooties!" Akha shouts at the positive energy being way up in the sky.

Kazyan
2012-04-11, 08:36 PM
Clip's twinkling body fell from the sky at a steady, quick pace until he stopped about 200 feet from the group, hovering about 50 feet above the ground. She still spoke loudly:

"I think this is good. Do any of you know ways to protect Bleddyn from the stuff I'm made of, or me from the stuff Bleddyn is made of? Or both? And maybe some anti-cootie shields?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-11, 08:38 PM
no, they're merely made of two primal forces of life and death that are anthema to each other and connont noramly exist. The clashing energys inside me want me to just.. Destroy everything. I keep have flashbacks.... I think I used to be a lot more.... well, happy and brutal. I've mellowed out. Still, you try living with a body thats ripping itself apart. All of a sudden theres a flux around Clip. "There, that should ward you from negative energy, I don't know the positive energy varient."

Cast Deathward

nyarlathotep
2012-04-13, 03:18 PM
The world of sand and sky disappear in an instant to be replaced ever so briefly by a starry void. As soon as the party enters its presence creates a ripple in the essence of the realm, sending it into turbulence. It is dominated however by the many planets and locales Matt has visited in his long life and the rolling magma sea of Gehenna. The party itself is protected by a 100 foot diameter bubble of stability centered on Clip, his constant elated mental state apparently unable to be overwhelmed by the emotions associated with his memories. Within the bubble you can see three rocks made to look like the realm's original starry void. Within each rock is a seemingly petrified humanoid skeletons.

Kazyan
2012-04-13, 05:57 PM
"Oooh. We're here! And it's really pretty!" Had Clip a head, it would be turning continuously as he looked at the variety of planets and sights distant from him. "Can we go to that one!?" After making sure Bleddyn wasn't in the way, Clip shot a positive energy ray in the direction of a distant, icy locale with thunderclouds hovering over it. "And what are those? Rock people? Is this real or am I in a dream bubble again?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-13, 06:19 PM
Both and neither. We're in the memory shaped parts of hypnos. What you're seening is the colloective memories of a few thousand billion years. But, enough time spent dwelling on my past. Lets try to find the primes memory crystal, and Clip, follow your instricts.

Wavelab
2012-04-13, 07:28 PM
"So we're not allowed to touch anything?" Akha said grabbing a handful of candy and eating it one by one.

Kazyan
2012-04-13, 07:56 PM
"Actually, I think it means we don't ever have enough time ever to touch all of the things. Also, memories mean most of the things are going to be about very happy or very sad things. Probably!" Clip approached the rock skeletons. "This? Not happy. Let's make it happy!" He zapped each one in turn with a positive energy ray, then his body moved about twenty feet towards the ice and clouds.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-13, 08:41 PM
I gesture toward Clip with one of my rings.
Ring of Elemental Command (Positive)
Use Greater Restoration (Can use at will, so......)

"Clip, don't! I have seen the birth and deaths of entire solar systems! There are places in here that I'm afraid of!" He manages to ctach up to clip and restores his mind. "As for not touching anything, just treat it with extreme caution. As I have litteraly seen things that would make a Demon seriously take up a good relgion. And you probobly shouldn't have done that....."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-14, 05:32 AM
Upon being zapped the petrified skeletons begin to move. Each is straining against their earthen bounds to stare at Matt. The one nearest the Aeon is able to free its arms and reach out toward him.

Skeleton1: Why did you abandon us?

Skeleton2: We were faithful worshipers.

Skeleton3: The skies burned, and star winked out.

Skeleton1: When they came with burning chariots and horrid fungus, we took up arms.

Skeleton2: When that was not enough we pleaded for you our creator and god.

Skeleton3: Children born as empty husks. The dead did not enter heaven, but ceased to be.

Skeleton1: We had to bind you and drag you kicking and screaming to face them.

Skeleton2: Why did you side with the Star King, lord. Our souls would find no rest in the remade world.

Skeleton3: Creator said he did not recognize us. Began talking as the rebuilders, the Star Children.

Skeleton1: You are nothing more than a traitor. We hope they find you to be just as useless as they found us when you abandoned us your children.

After saying their fill, each skeleton falls back into a resting position against their stone. The life force from Clip's initial bursts seem to have run dry.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-14, 09:55 AM
"My memories were striped from me. Children, I was a vestige for uncounted Aeons, and am still only a mere shadow of a shadow. A fragment..... And don'y worrry, you may gain your wish in time. But, rest my children and I'm sorry..so sorry....." Crying, he surrounds them in the pure energy of creation, and as they're reforming, he planeshifts them. "That is all I can do for you my children, seek out the osais in the deset of the vestige, you'll be safe there, free from me and the coming days."

THEChanger
2012-04-14, 10:39 AM
"Enough of this place." Bleddyn extended his hand, and black sand shot forth. Surrounding the globe of protection centered on Clip, the black sand slowly began to expand outward. When it faded away, the dark seas of Gehenna were gone. The skeletons, the floating rocks, all were gone. In their place a stone hall, dimly lit by torches, extended forward. Penants of a long dead god hang on the walls, and the air is chill, still, and heavy. "Home. Well, what once was home. The prime crystal will, naturally, be in the center of the temple." Bleddyn began to walk forward, and the torches dimmed as he approached. "I would also prefer it if none of you strayed from the main halls. This temple, just as it symbolizes the structure of the Great Wheel, was also used when I constructed my mental landscape after my rebirth. There are parts of it I would rather not revisit."

phantomreader42
2012-04-14, 02:32 PM
Knowing the environment may undergo unexpected changes in response to subconscious memories, Pinky prepares his defenses and calms his mind.

Manifest Energy Adaptation (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/energy-adaptation) for 7 pp, gaining resistance 30 to all standard energy types for 140 minutes.
Autohypnosis check [roll0]

"I would also prefer it if none of you strayed from the main halls. This temple, just as it symbolizes the structure of the Great Wheel, was also used when I constructed my mental landscape after my rebirth. There are parts of it I would rather not revisit."

As this place is derived from your memories, you are clearly the best qualified guide here.

Still levitating, Pinky follows, taking in surroundings and looking for anything interesting or useful.

Perception check:[roll1]
Knowledge(Religion) check to identify the god being referenced: [roll2]
Knoelwdge(Nature) check on "horrid fungus": [roll3]
Knowledge(Arcana) check on ideas for warding against positive energy: [roll4]

Igneel
2012-04-14, 03:57 PM
Staying silent during the ordeal with the triple skeletons and their pleas to their Creator, Malsvir continues to be silent even as he follows the Swarm Lich through the hallways.

Kazyan
2012-04-14, 07:51 PM
"Oooookay. I guess Matt and Bleddyn know best now? If we know where it is, let's just go poof to it." Clip explores the room for a few seconds, taking in the details without getting close enough for things to lash out and attack him from nowhere. "I can go through walls! Do I try that?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-14, 07:55 PM
I sugesst not to. While they are imaginary, here all that means is that it's far too real. Also, considering Beldyyns undead state, the walls are likely infused with negative energy.

Kazyan
2012-04-14, 08:11 PM
"So if the walls are made of the stuff that neutralizes with me...can I shoot holes in the walls?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-14, 08:17 PM
Do you also want to poke holes in his mind? Don't touch things here. What makes sense in the waking world does not always aplly here. So, just flollow him, and hopfuly nothing to bad will happen.

Wavelab
2012-04-14, 08:31 PM
Akha adjusted himself on Zrku's back, sitting a bit more comfortably.

"Can I have some more candy, please?" He said to the shapechanger, for he had eaten it all within a minute.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-14, 08:35 PM
"I'll take care of it." All of a sudden, theres a white sphere in from of Akha. When it disappears 12 secons later, it leaves beinds 263 pounds of candy in a large bowl. "Creation, it saddens me...."