PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Arcran
2012-04-18, 11:08 PM
You all are in the mystical Saffron City. A haze has settled over the town with a light drizzle making being outside miserable. All of you have seen the TV reports of the past few weeks about the chaos occurring in Celadon City.

Ashes of Missing Children Found Outside City – Pokemon Missing!
The remains of the two boys that went missing earlier today were found outside the city. DNA has not confirmed, but it is more than likely that it is the two missing boys. Police are expecting a murder; Houndour never incinerate their prey to a point such as this, and each had a single Pokemon missing. More to come as the investigation continues.

Suspects in Child Murder Case Found Dead
As you may know from previous broadcasts, four people that were seen in possession were the lead suspects in the stunning child murder as well as the kidnapping of Mr. Loma and the murder of his maid. –pause as pictures of Miles, Damian, Eddie, and Ennis go across the screen- Today their bodies were found in the woods. They appear to have been killed by some large Bug Pokemon, likely a Pincir or Heracross, and the bodies were mangled beyond identification. The only way they were identified was through their Pokegear and Trainer ID. Although they are the lead suspects due to their possession of the Butterfree of one of the dead children, this case may go unsolved unless further evidence can be found.

Four Game Corner Employees Maimed by a Feral Diglett
Four members of the Celadon City Game Corner were badly injured in an accident with a feral Diglett. They had gone behind the Game Corner for a smoke when the Diglett came out of the ground and attacked. Two were critically injured, while the other two suffered fairly serious injuries as well. This Diglett appears to still be on the loose. City guards have stated to watch out about where you are traveling until they manage to bring this wild Pokemon in.

Children Found Dead
Four homeless children living in the streets were found dead earlier this afternoon. Most bore the telltale marks of Poison, likely from a Pokemon. Traces of webbing, likely Spinarak in nature, were found at the scene as well. This is yet another case in the recent throng of child murders in Celadon City. If anyone has any information relating to these deaths, please contact the police.

Game Corner Employee Comits Suicide
Sarah Wilson, a popular bartender at the Celadon Game Corner was found dead in her apartment this morning. The suicide note was short, consisting only of a scribbled ’Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!’ Friends report that in her final days she was growing more and more paranoid and would occasionally shout at empty space to go away. Whether she lost her mind or something far more sinister has yet to be determined.

You all have been singled out by an organization; Team Rocket to be exact. You all woke up to an anonymous note telling you to meet at Silph Co. at noon. You are to talk to the third secretary from the right at the front office, and use the phrase ‘blast off at the speed of light’ without appearing too conspicuous. It is approximately eight o’clock, so you have some time to travel or do some basic business before you have to report to the meeting.

hustlertwo
2012-04-18, 11:33 PM
Paul Ticker enters the stately Silph building, clad in a too-tight Wobbuffet T-shirt that has left several rolls of belly fat exposed, and a stained pair of green shorts. He has a small pack on his pack and a battered trophy in his hand. He picks something out of his belly button, sniffs it, rolls it up, and flicks it away. He leers at the secretary he has been sent to talk to, and sidles over to her, turning on what he considers his boyish charm.

"Hey there, good-lookin'. I know what you're thinking, and yes, this is a real Junior League champion trophy. And let me tell you, the punch my creatures pack is nothing compared to mine. Whaddya say you come over to my double-wide, we watch some tapes of my old matches and then we blast off at the speed of light together all over my Murphy bed? Don't worry about stains; the mattress has protection. Even if I won't."

He giggles at his own joke.

Eshkigal
2012-04-19, 12:15 AM
8 AM
Gerald looks around from a table in a restaurant, taking in the city. So different from Fuchsia! Though people kept looking at him funny. It was the arm, wasn't it? It was too difficult to put on beneath his shirt and trench coat for a day where he had to go to a meeting, so he put the prosthetic in his tool box and pinned the sleeve up, but once he got thunderstone shards to align within the shoulder socket and worked out the caloric engine to work with his body, he'd be fine with just a glove while out-
He gets nudged, and looks down at the joltik in his lap. Good old Sparky. Only good thing to come out of Fuchsia. Every day with the little gal made him happy he saved the diminuitive joltik from getting crushed by a motor piston.
Unknowingly, he took the napkins at his table, and was halfway through folding them into a miniature replica of his planned arm design as he got lost in thoughts about it. Took up the habit a physical therapist told him to get used to using only one hand for everything, to keep his agility, to the point where it may as well be a nervous tic. Now, though, he just pets the joltik who was his sole constant companion for the past two years.

Esprit15
2012-04-19, 12:16 AM
Artemis gets up from a bed at a local motel, seeing the note. "Now how in the hells did someone get into here without one of us noticing?" She looks over to her bedside. Aquilla was fast asleep on a perch for flying types to rest on. "Ah, that's how." She gives a loud whistle and the Rufflet shakes herself awake, giving a brief squawk. She floats the card in front of her while she gets dressed and brushes her teeth and hair. Jeans, T-shirt, glasses, bag with the old egg... et cetera.... Same morning routine. Maybe the dark purple one today. She read the note several times by the time she was ready. Blast off at the speed of light? What the hell kind of code is that? Sounds like the catch phrase of a villain in one of those stupid shows Zach and the others would watch every morning. She scratches Aquilla under the beak before recalling her. "Nothing personal, Aquilla. Pokémon carrying laws are more strict here. This isn't Johto." There is a brief flash of red and Aquilla disappears into the Pokéball. Back to the streets crawling with thought police. She leaves the motel and thanks them for the place to rest for the night. Well she might actually have a job opportunity today. Four hours before she had to be there. Accounting for travel and being timely, she guessed she had about three and a quarter hours before she had to drop what she was doing to make it to the Silph Co. building. Sounds like time for a friendly Pokémon battle, a trip the Center and checking out a few of the sights, including possibly scan a few more Pokémon to study in her downtime. She had already scanned in fifty and the knowledge was proving fairly helpful. She pats her side. Good, she didn't forget the arrow. She goes looking for one of the city workers. Excuse me, would one of you be able to direct me to somewhere where I might be able to find a friendly Pokémon battle? Thank Arceus accents didn't carry through telepathy, just the intent of a message. So much easier to understand her.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-19, 01:02 PM
Romeo was quickly getting dressed, probably due to the loud banging on the door. From the other side Romeo could make out death threats aimed at him, but was probably glad he couldn't really hear the specifics of what the man wanted to do to him. Romeo was currently engaged in rumaging through his briefcase to find his shirt.

'Sorry to have to dash off like this ladies, but ... well ... you know.' He paused and motioned towards the door.

The girl still in the bed giggled at this. 'Oh, don't worry, daddy wouldn't kill you.'

'Really?'

'Oh yes, he'd pay someone to do it for him.'

'I'm glad, I wouldn't want to deprive a girl as lovely as yourself from her father. At least if he does kill me, they might not link him to it. Here's hoping anyway.' He gave a massive grin. Death threats were par for the course that was Romeo's life. 'Where is that sister of yours?'

'Here.' Out of the bathroom walked another girl, dressed in a bathrobe. She was holding Romeo's cane, which she tossed to him. 'Thought I ought to wash it, after all the stuff we used it for last night.' Romeo caught it and gave a guilty shrug.

As he was about to shut his briefcase he noticed a small envelope tucked away inside it that hadn't been there yesterday morning. Someone at the club must have slipped it in there. He took it out and looked at it before grabing his hat from the bedpost.

Romeo stopped as he climbed out the window, tipping his hat to the lovely sisters. He looks down, glad he had told them to use the younger sisters bedroom (it was on the second floor rather than the third). 'Goodbye ladies, it truly was a pleasure' and he jumped out the window just as a pudgy man barrled through the door.

'STOP, YOU!'

Somehow Romeo landed on his feet unharmed, and looked back up at the window to see the father and his two daughters looking down at him. The girls were smiling and waving him away, still half dressed. The man was shouting something general death threats at him.

Romeo gave a sharp whistle and a little ball of fur came flying over the mans head. Romeo jumped and caught the little Eevee in his arms. 'C'mon Elly, time to go.' With an unknown letter in one hand and his adorable Eevee in the other, Romeo took off running down the road.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-19, 04:09 PM
A paper note. Slugma mail. How primitive. They could have had some diginity and sent me an e-mail at least. Oh well, I found my chance to apply. How they contact me is there business.

Ethan takes a sip of his Tropius Tea. Just the perfect amount of MooMoo Milk to accent the sweetness, without dulling it. Ethan loved good tea. He reviewed the note once again, after readjusting his glasses. Silph Co. at noon. He retrieves from his pocket a plam-sized device, which is mostly a view screen. He places the device on the Hearthomian-style cafe's little table and flips it open revealing a small keypad and flips the screen back around. He brings up a map of the city and finds Silph co's building. I have approximiatly four hours till I need to rendevous. Accounting for travel time, I have three-and-one-half hours to myself.

Ethan leans back, taking another sip of his tea, enjoying the sweet taste once more. He then finishes his Lunatone croissant in a single bite. It wasn't nearly as good as tea, quite subpar. Hardly worth the money. He lifts the cup once more only to find a single sip left of his tea. With a small frown, he downs the last of the tea, mourning the loss of such a delicacy before gathering up his device and leaving the cafe, with no direction in particular.

Arcran
2012-04-19, 11:30 PM
Paul Ticker enters the stately Silph building, clad in a too-tight Wobbuffet T-shirt that has left several rolls of belly fat exposed, and a stained pair of green shorts. He has a small pack on his pack and a battered trophy in his hand. He picks something out of his belly button, sniffs it, rolls it up, and flicks it away. He leers at the secretary he has been sent to talk to, and sidles over to her, turning on what he considers his boyish charm.

"Hey there, good-lookin'. I know what you're thinking, and yes, this is a real Junior League champion trophy. And let me tell you, the punch my creatures pack is nothing compared to mine. Whaddya say you come over to my double-wide, we watch some tapes of my old matches and then we blast off at the speed of light together all over my Murphy bed? Don't worry about stains; the mattress has protection. Even if I won't."

He giggles at his own joke.

The woman looks at you in complete shock for a moment. She's young, attractive, and now angry looking. For a second it looks like she's about to leap out of her seat to strangle you. A second later she is completely composed though and smiling, although it does not quite reach her eyes.

"Sir," she says, her voice sickeningly sweet, "Although I'm sure the experience would be..... memorable, I'm currently busy. You're appointment isn't for nearly four hours. We could send you up, but the person you will be meeting with isn't even here yet," she says, leering at you.

8 AM
Gerald looks around from a table in a restaurant, taking in the city. So different from Fuchsia! Though people kept looking at him funny. It was the arm, wasn't it? It was too difficult to put on beneath his shirt and trench coat for a day where he had to go to a meeting, so he put the prosthetic in his tool box and pinned the sleeve up, but once he got thunderstone shards to align within the shoulder socket and worked out the caloric engine to work with his body, he'd be fine with just a glove while out-
He gets nudged, and looks down at the joltik in his lap. Good old Sparky. Only good thing to come out of Fuchsia. Every day with the little guy made him happy he saved the diminuitive joltik from getting crushed by a motor piston.
Unknowingly, he took the napkins at his table, and was halfway through folding them into a miniature replica of his planned arm design as he got lost in thoughts about it. Took up the habit a physical therapist told him to get used to using only one hand for everything, to keep his agility, to the point where it may as well be a nervous tic. Now, though, he just pets the joltik who was his sole constant companion for the past two years.

A waiter comes over, apparently rushed. He stares at your paper folding for an instant before speaking. "Good afternoon sir," he says, putting a menu in front of you. "Could I get you something to drink? A glass of tea perhaps?"

From your sheet outside you manage to see a man in glasses tucking a note very similair to yours into a pocket.

Across the street in the park a Pokemon battle is taking place, although you have no idea who the competitors are.

Artemis gets up from a bed at a local motel, seeing the note. "Now how in the hells did someone get into here without one of us noticing?" She looks over to her bedside. Aquilla was fast asleep on a perch for flying types to rest on. "Ah, that's how." She gives a loud whistle and the Rufflet shakes herself awake, giving a brief squawk. She floats the card in front of her while she gets dressed and brushes her teeth and hair. Jeans, T-shirt, glasses, bag with the old egg... et cetera.... Same morning routine. Maybe the dark purple one today. She read the note several times by the time she was ready. Blast off at the speed of light? What the hell kind of code is that? Sounds like the catch phrase of a villain in one of those stupid shows Zach and the others would watch every morning. She scratches Aquilla under the beak before recalling her. "Nothing personal, Aquilla. Pokémon carrying laws are more strict here. This isn't Johto." There is a brief flash of red and Aquilla disappears into the Pokéball. Back to the streets crawling with thought police. She leaves the motel and thanks them for the place to rest for the night. Well she might actually have a job opportunity today. Four hours before she had to be there. Accounting for travel and being timely, she guessed she had about three and a quarter hours before she had to drop what she was doing to make it to the Silph Co. building. Sounds like time for a friendly Pokémon battle, a trip the Center and checking out a few of the sights, including possibly scan a few more Pokémon to study in her downtime. She had already scanned in fifty and the knowledge was proving fairly helpful. She pats her side. Good, she didn't forget the arrow. She goes looking for one of the city workers. Excuse me, would one of you be able to direct me to somewhere where I might be able to find a friendly Pokémon battle? Thank Arceus accents didn't carry through telepathy, just the intent of a message. So much easier to understand her.

You are soon graced with a response to your message. Psychic, huh? Like us? Best place in town to train yourself or your Pokemon is Sabrina's. Big Gym, middle of town, can't miss it," you hear in your mind, but aren't quite able to discern the source.

Romeo was quickly getting dressed, probably due to the loud banging on the door. From the other side Romeo could make out death threats aimed at him, but was probably glad he couldn't really hear the specifics of what the man wanted to do to him. Romeo was currently engaged in rumaging through his briefcase to find his shirt.

'Sorry to have to dash off like this ladies, but ... well ... you know.' He paused and motioned towards the door.

The girl still in the bed giggled at this. 'Oh, don't worry, daddy wouldn't kill you.'

'Really?'

'Oh yes, he'd pay someone to do it for him.'

'I'm glad, I wouldn't want to deprive a girl as lovely as yourself from her father. At least if he does kill me, they might not link him to it. Here's hoping anyway.' He gave a massive grin. Death threats were par for the course that was Romeo's life. 'Where is that sister of yours?'

'Here.' Out of the bathroom walked another girl, dressed in a bathrobe. She was holding Romeo's cane, which she tossed to him. 'Thought I ought to wash it, after all the stuff we used it for last night.' Romeo caught it and gave a guilty shrug.

As he was about to shut his briefcase he noticed a small envelope tucked away inside it that hadn't been there yesterday morning. Someone at the club must have slipped it in there. He took it out and looked at it before grabing his hat from the bedpost.

Romeo stopped as he climbed out the window, tipping his hat to the lovely sisters. He looks down, glad he had told them to use the younger sisters bedroom (it was on the second floor rather than the third). 'Goodbye ladies, it truly was a pleasure' and he jumped out the window just as a pudgy man barrled through the door.

'STOP, YOU!'

Somehow Romeo landed on his feet unharmed, and looked back up at the window to see the father and his two daughters looking down at him. The girls were smiling and waving him away, still half dressed. The man was shouting something general death threats at him.

Romeo gave a sharp whistle and a little ball of fur came flying over the mans head. Romeo jumped and caught the little Eevee in his arms. 'C'mon Elly, time to go.' With an unknown letter in one hand and his adorable Eevee in the other, Romeo took off running down the road.

The death throats, insult to your family, and what he will do to your instrument of pleasure are slowly drowned out as you put more and more distance between yourself and the house. Soon you find yourself in a part of the city you have not visited yet. A large building with big, grecian style pillars stands in front of you, a throng of people going in and out. Before you can stop her, Elly has ran away in a beeline towards a purple Pokemon of similair build to her. Two girls, likely around twenty, ooh and aww as the two feline Pokemon sniff each other, getting aquainted. The two girls seem to have not yet noticed you, but they are attractive. Not as good as the twins, but nice.

A paper note. Slugma mail. How primitive. They could have had some diginity and sent me an e-mail at least. Oh well, I found my chance to apply. How they contact me is there business.

Ethan takes a sip of his Tropius Tea. Just the perfect amount of MooMoo Milk to accent the sweetness, without dulling it. Ethan loved good tea. He reviewed the note once again, after readjusting his glasses. Silph Co. at noon. He retrieves from his pocket a plam-sized device, which is mostly a view screen. He places the device on the Hearthomian-style cafe's little table and flips it open revealing a small keypad and flips the screen back around. He brings up a map of the city and finds Silph co's building. I have approximiatly four hours till I need to rendevous. Accounting for travel time, I have three-and-one-half hours to myself.

Ethan leans back, taking another sip of his tea, enjoying the sweet taste once more. He then finishes his Lunatone croissant in a single bite. It wasn't nearly as good as tea, quite subpar. Hardly worth the money. He lifts the cup once more only to find a single sip left of his tea. With a small frown, he downs the last of the tea, mourning the loss of such a delicacy before gathering up his device and leaving the cafe, with no direction in particular.

The waiter thanks you as you leave. As you exit the small cafe, collecting your belongings, you notice a man sitting outside the cafe with the spark of intelligence in his eyes, but only one arm. Somehow, using only one hand, he has created a small origami arm, one that seems to be robotic in nature. How the man did it you can't even begin to imagine, but somehow he has. The waiter is currently taking his order.

On the other hand, a Pokemon battle is going on in a small park just across the street. It's hard to make out from this distance, but you are able to make out the contestants as a Beedrill and an Ivysaur.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-19, 11:37 PM
Thats an interesting design. Seems similar to something I had in mind. I should say hello. Ethan readjusts his glasses, the little light there is catching them. He walks over to the one-armed mans table and sits himself without invitation.

That's an interesting design. An original of yours? Indicating the orgami arm.

Esprit15
2012-04-19, 11:45 PM
She feels for the mind that spoke to her. Thank you for the direction. She begins looking around the town for a gym matching the feeling that she received from the Psychic. Hm, other Psychics here. I could come to like this place. Wish it wasn't so close to family. Eh, they don't have to know. She wonders this to herself as she looks for the Gym. Her mind shifts to the egg. How long had she had it now? A month? It should have hatched by now! And yet, it did not begin to reek like a dead egg would have. Aquilla still nuzzles it like a mother when she takes it out. Unusual. She continues to scan the town for a map leading to the gym, as well as any battles between trainers, scanning the combatants if she spotted them.

Arcran
2012-04-19, 11:51 PM
She feels for the mind that spoke to her. Thank you for the direction. She begins looking around the town for a gym matching the feeling that she received from the Psychic. Hm, other Psychics here. I could come to like this place. Wish it wasn't so close to family. Eh, they don't have to know. She wonders this to herself as she looks for the Gym. Her mind shifts to the egg. How long had she had it now? A month? It should have hatched by now! And yet, it did not begin to reek like a dead egg would have. Aquilla still nuzzles it like a mother when she takes it out. Unusual. She continues to scan the town for a map leading to the gym, as well as any battles between trainers, scanning the combatants if she spotted them.

You were close to the Gym; in only a few minutes you have found your way to the large building built like some sort of temple. The sheer amount of Psychic energy rolling off the place is enormous; almost enough to make you faint. You finally find something to scan; two girls, probably about your age, have two Pokemon dancing around them that you identify as Eevee and Espeon. A very attractive man is standing off to the side, looking at said Eevee and staring at the two girls as well.

Eshkigal
2012-04-19, 11:52 PM
"Um...yes, I'd take-"
Then the man he spotted sits down across from him, and asks about the arm. They always ask about the arm, why-wait, what was that on the table?
"Huh? Oh! Sorry, tend to do that when I got lost in thought."
Sparky nods slightly under the table, and at the man, small charge building. She spotted the note too, but if this was a cop, thunder wave could buy them the time needed to get out of the area...
"I actually got a bit sidetracked on my order. What would you two suggest?"
He smiles slightly. Someone came to him for something that wasn't personal so far, and they may be looking at the same prospects as him. Progress!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-19, 11:59 PM
I'd suggest the Tropius Tea with 3.4 ounces of MooMoo Milk. But avoid the Lunatone Croissant. It's subpar. Ethan picks up the orgami arm and examines it closely, flipping it around gently in his hands. This is really an interesting design. Are you a egineer? Or just a tinkerer? Ethan stares at the man, apperently more intersted in the origami arm than the man himself.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 12:21 AM
Artemis goes red from the energy in the Gym, and sweats a bit. Not out of nervousness; it felt like being in a sauna with the amount of energy from the Gym. The last time she felt this much energy was the day she left home and her dad had to stop her mother from flinging her out the door. Bad memories. She decides based on the others that maybe it was only some of the cities that had more strict laws on Pokémon following around, and lets Aquilla back out, who decides to perch herself on Artemis's shoulder. She takes a deep breath and decides to talk to the trainers while her body acclimated to the energy. "Um...ah, hi. I am Artemis. I saw your," she rechecks the Pokédex, "Espeon, and it just caught my attention. How long has it been with you?" STUPID! How can you not even talk to two girls around your age!? No amount of energy can make you that nervous! Now she's sweating from nervousness and the energy. Her eyes briefly glance at the guy. He does look good. At the very least reassuring. She tries to force a smile and tries to get a sense of what he's thinking.

Aquilla lightly pecks her clearly nervous trainer on the side of the head, then chirps. It helps: Artemis gives an honest smile and chuckles slightly. Aquilla grins as best a Rufflet can, feeling proud that she made her friend feel better.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 12:27 AM
Artemis goes red from the energy in the Gym, and sweats a bit. Not out of nervousness; it felt like being in a sauna with the amount of energy from the Gym. The last time she felt this much energy was the day she left home and her dad had to stop her mother from flinging her out the door. Bad memories. She decides based on the others that maybe it was only some of the cities that had more strict laws on Pokémon following around, and lets Aquilla back out, who decides to perch herself on Artemis's shoulder. She takes a deep breath and decides to talk to the trainers while her body acclimated to the energy. "Um...ah, hi. I am Artemis. I saw your," she rechecks the Pokédex, "Espeon, and it just caught my attention. How long has it been with you?" STUPID! How can you not even talk to two girls around your age!? No amount of energy can make you that nervous! Now she's sweating from nervousness and the energy. Her eyes briefly glance at the guy. He does look good. At the very least reassuring. She tries to force a smile and tries to get a sense of what he's thinking.

Aquilla lightly pecks her clearly nervous trainer on the side of the head, then chirps, which helps a bit. Aquilla grins as best a Rufflet can.

The grils turns towards you without a smile. A brief presence flashes over your mind, and suddenly she smiles. One of us, aren't you? you hear in your mind.
"Jewel has been with me ever since I was a little girl," she says, talking normally. "He's been there for me always. I'm Jessica by the way," she says extending her hand, her amiableness more than making up for your awkwardness. "This is Taylor," she says, gesturing towards her friend.
"That's a pretty bird," Taylor says, extending her hand towards Aquilla. "I have one like it. If you want to step inside we could have a quick battle," she says.

The man's thoughts... Well, to say they were in the gutter would be an understatement. Maybe the gutter of a sewer exclusively for Mamoswine would be more accurate. Even that might not be enough.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 12:27 AM
"Alright then. I'll take the tropius tea with 3.4 oz moomoo milk to drink, and...the chansey omlette with emboar bacon on the side to eat. And a slice of melon for Sparky?"
After placing the order, he looks at the man.
"It's more a work of necessity, though I have plenty of experience with machines. Until I get the funds, though, I'm just a tinkerer."
He drops his voice to a softer level.
"Why, give me a car, and I'll get the motor running so good it'll practically blast off at the speed of light."

Arcran
2012-04-20, 12:29 AM
"Alright then. I'll take the tropius tea with 3.4 oz moomoo milk to drink, and...the chansey omlette with emboar bacon on the side to eat. And a slice of melon for Sparky?"
After placing the order, he looks at the man.
"It's more a work of necessity, though I have plenty of experience with machines. Until I get the funds, though, I'm just a tinkerer."
He drops his voice to a softer level.
"Why, give me a car, and I'll get the motor running so good it'll practically blast off at the speed of light."

The man jots down the order and heads back into the restraunt.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 12:36 AM
We have about 4 hours before we have to do that now don't we? Ethan picks up on the mans subtle clue without missing a beat. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting to meet another hopefull until I met our recruiter. Pleasant surprise. Ethan smiles a fake smile. So is this indicating the orgami arm the reason they are interested in you?

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 12:38 AM
Artemis sends a wave of "HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK THAT YOU EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN!!!"'s and various other unpleasantries at the guy. Why was that not a surprise? The more Psychics I encounter the more I begin to like this town. She shakes the girl's hand. "Well, does a battle sound good, Aquilla?" Aquilla stretches her wings and gives what was an attempt at an intimidating screech, but ends up coming out more as a hiccup. "Looks like he might just need the practice in general." She follows Jessica and Taylor into the Gym. "By the way, how did you come to get a Rufflet? I always thought they mostly lived in northern Unova."

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 12:46 AM
"Not in particular, I think, though it's likely something to present. This is going to be a...side project."
He remembers the events around the loss of his arm, and considers how good it's going to feel holding Richard Stradherdt's* heart in his hand and then squeezing. Dear Arceus he looked forward to the day he got revenge...
He was reaching for the napkins again when Sparky poked him, snapping him out of it before he started making another one of the scene in his head.
"What about you? Engineering?"

*Richard Stradherdt: Leader of the Steelix Tails, crazy evil.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 12:49 AM
Ethan's lips curl into a cruel imitation of a smile. Something like that. I'm a genius if I do say so my self. But not everyone sees my vision as...genius. Others see it as a bit....unorthodox. He stops as he dips into the revery of his own imagination, temporarily forgetting he is in the middle of a conversation.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 12:58 AM
"Is this kind of unorthodox appropriate to talk about in mixed social groups?"
He puts his hand down for Sparky, and once he hops on lifts him up to his missing right shoulder. He waits several minutes for an answer, before seeing the other man is fully preoccupied.
"...Hello?"
He gently pokes Ethan.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 01:04 AM
Wha? Did he just poke me? Ethan snaps out of his reverly. My apologies. I get caught up in my work some time.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 01:06 AM
Wha? Did he just poke me? Ethan snaps out of his reverly. My apologies. I get caught up in my work some time.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 01:08 AM
"Not a problem. I taught Sparky to do that to me when it happens."
Sparky waves from his shoulder as his hand begins working on another piece of origami as he's not watching, effectively creating the scene in miniature while he's not looking at what he's doing. He hoped he hadn't overstepped his bounds...
"Um...perhaps after breakfast we should look for more teammates? What pokemon do you have?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 01:21 AM
Just my trusty Phanpy, Ollie. Ethan draws out a pokeball from his belt and releases the tiny elephant on the table. He realized he hadn't fed him yet today. He made a mental note to do so. Ollie lets out a small trumpet at the tiny spider on the man's shoulder. My name is Ethan by the way. Ethan gives a slight finger wave at the Joltik on the man's shoulders. Cute.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 01:26 AM
"Gerald."
He lets Sparky down onto the table near Ollie, to try and make friends. Maybe if they were lucky, this would be a lot easier than previously expected.
"Never did answer my question about finding more pokemon for our teams before the meeting."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 01:32 AM
I could fill out more team more. Where do you propose we search for new teammates? Ollie sniffs the little spider with his trunk quizically, than smiles and pats the spider on the head gently with his trunk.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 01:55 AM
"Well, there are the four gates, though the Western Gate may be more dangerous than normal due to the activities in Celadon."
He brushes away a table with two people talking at it that he made, and puts a fresh napkin on the table, using silverware to divide it up. He puts a pepper shaker to one that he decides is the western gate.
"East is Lavender, which likely has ghosts and cubone on it-He puts the salt shaker on this one-North Cerulean, so a more random mix, right?" Here he puts a grape jam packet down. "South is Vermillion, which I'd like to visit some time for the components to make the triple thundersliver engine for my future arm operate at full capacity, but they're kind of expensive. Maybe a higher population of electric types, but otherwise like Cerulean, I'd guess." Sparky wanders over after giving Ollie a pat on the leg to this exit.
"Of the three that likely have the fewest hunters with guns, Route 8 to Lavender appeals to me most because of higher chances of cubone or litwick."
He stops and looks, then shakes his head.
"Or, uh...if we need muscle, we can ask at the fighting gym in town to see where they find most of their fighting types around here."

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 07:32 AM
Romeo was looking around, trying to see who shouted at him. After spotting nothing, he looked back and noticed that the two girls and the new one were walking away, and Elly was following them.

'Wait up, Elly.'

He rushes after them and picks up his Eevee. She had been rubbing herself against the Espeon. 'Sorry about that. She just loves beautiful pokemon. And I'm the same, I know to appreciate a beautiful trainer. Or three. I'm Romeo Versa, and this little ball of beauty is Elly.'

Romeo bows to each of the ladies in turn, but bows a little deeper to Jessica and flashes her a quick smile. Meanwhile Elly is still buoncing around the Eevee, trying to get his attention.

Romeo uses Attraction on Jessica
[roll0] vs 1d20 + her WIS or INT mod (lowest one)

If it works she is infatuated for [roll1] hours

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 08:09 AM
Artemis starts taking deep breaths as she approaches the gym. Her brain felt like it was being hit with a hammer. And now mister guttermind is following them! She briefly considers throwing his Eevee at him, but quickly remembers that that would likely harm the Eevee, not to mention leave a bad impression with Jessica and Taylor. She just follows uncomfortably, rolling her eyes at the attempt to flirt with Jessica.

How many psychic minds were in here!? What could they all be doing that would create such a wave of energy!? Her breathing gets heavier again. Well at least Guttermind seems to have moved onto normal male thoughts now. Not pleasent, but not...eck. She didn't dare try to pry into the mind of another psychic.

Aquilla chirps at the new guy as he approaches. When he attempts to woo Jessica, he instantly starts glaring at her. Nobody was taking her trainer from her, especially not some prettyboy. Artemis just pets the Rufflet. Don't worry, Aquilla. That would require him actually to be of interest to me.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 08:19 AM
"Oh no, I said like it, not the same. Mine's much cooler," Taylor says in regard to the bird.

Then the new guy walks up. At first her and Taylor take one look at him, and keep walking. When he starts to follow Taylor turns and looks him dead in the eye. "Seriously, we don't have time for you. Go away-," she says, only to be interrupted by Jessica.

"No, it's OK Taylor. He can hang with us," the other says, looking at him with newfound interest.

Artemis
Through telepathy you see the sudden change in Jessica's attitude to the trainer. She had been about to shoot him down even harder than Taylor did, but then decided he might be worth a shot. Strange.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 08:44 AM
Romeo scans the Rufflet and Espeon with his pokedex, then takes Jessica by the arm and starts following her.

'I see you're Gym Trainers, that must be nice. I'm more of a breeder myself. Me and Elly even went to Unova where we found this.' He opens his briefcase and takes out the still un-opened Team Rocket letter and an egg. He looks at the letter again and shrugs before stuffing it in his pocket. Then he holds out the egg in front of them dramatically. 'A genuine Dragon egg. Dragons respond only to those of pure hearts, and so it was only natural I found this one. Pretty heroic, huh? Have you ever seen a real dragon pokemon? They are the rarest type, and I plan on stopping them from becoming extinct with the help of this little one.'

Romeo was beaming like a kid with the best toy at show and tell, he loved showing off. Especially to pretty girls.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 09:02 AM
Artemis ***** her head. Why the change of heart? I was ready to watch a good rejection. Would have brought popcorn and everything. Maybe he's an Influential. Then again he doesn't seem to have the intelligence to be one. Too suave, not controlling enough.

"Gym Trainers? And here I thought I was the only one of us to have gone to a trainer's school." At the word 'us' she stutters a bit, stopping herself from using the term Psychic I front of the boy. Not that he'd remember likely, but the less he knew the longer she could keep any sort of advantage. Could still probably deck the guy as well. Looks like he already had been on the losing end of a fight or two.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 09:35 AM
Well adding an electric type to my repetoire would be beneficial, it would be rude to force you to go there. Shall we flip a coin? Ethan pulls out his datapad and places it on the table next to Ollie. A few taps on the screen and a virtual coin appears, a Magikarp on one side, a Gyarados on the other. Would you like to do the honors? Magikarp is tails. Just tap the screen.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 09:53 AM
Gerald taps the screen.
[roll0]1 heads, 2 tails.
"Tails, Fighting Gym to see which route has the most of their favored type, then Route 8 for a bit sound good? Sparky could probably help you with power issues a bit. Also, there's the Power Plant past the Rock Tunnel, so that's something."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 09:58 AM
Well we don't have time to go through Rock tunnel so to the fighting gym it is. Ethan scoops up Ollie and his datapad and starts to leave and then realizes Gerald still had food coming. But first, breakfast. he says with a half sincere smile.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 10:00 AM
"S-sorry. Figured may as well while there's time. Didn't expect to find someone to talk to. Tell you what, if there's something you want, I'll cover it."
He rubs the back of his head awkwardly.
"And true. But spend an hour on each route of interest, and maybe something'll pop up relevant to both of us."

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 10:22 AM
Romeo continues on, not noticing Artemis reffering to 'us' or whatever.

'I also had an Emolga egg while I was there. Unfortunately, on the boat back over here I was mugged. Some strange girl, called Lotta Ocean, wore a trouser suit with short red hair. I was escorting her about the boat when suddenly she smacked me on the back of the head. Stole that poor egg. Luckily she never noticed this one. And also lucky for me that I was a strong enough person to survive. Yes, I do live a dangerous life, but what's life without some excitement?' He throws his head back and laughs heroicly.

Lotta Ocean was Ennis Martillo's birth name.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 10:35 AM
Artemis laughs at the story a bit. "I can only imagine why."

hustlertwo
2012-04-20, 01:42 PM
Paul shrugs.

Right, the appointment. I had actually forgotten about that. Just figured I'd give you a shot at having a night with the champ. But hey, if you're not interested in two hundred and eighty pounds of grade A Kanto beef, no problem. I'll see you later, sweet thing.

He trundles out of the building, looking for another trainer that he could battle.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 02:37 PM
"S-sorry. Figured may as well while there's time. Didn't expect to find someone to talk to. Tell you what, if there's something you want, I'll cover it."
He rubs the back of his head awkwardly.
"And true. But spend an hour on each route of interest, and maybe something'll pop up relevant to both of us."

The waiter soon returns with your tea. "Could I get the two of you something to eat?"

Romeo continues on, not noticing Artemis reffering to 'us' or whatever.

'I also had an Emolga egg while I was there. Unfortunately, on the boat back over here I was mugged. Some strange girl, called Lotta Ocean, wore a trouser suit with short red hair. I was escorting her about the boat when suddenly she smacked me on the back of the head. Stole that poor egg. Luckily she never noticed this one. And also lucky for me that I was a strong enough person to survive. Yes, I do live a dangerous life, but what's life without some excitement?' He throws his head back and laughs heroicly.

Lotta Ocean was Ennis Martillo's birth name.

"Really? A dragon?" she says, genuinely interested. She reaches out an touches the egg, with no result. "Hunh, seems like my heart isn't pure," she says, looking at you.

"Comon Jessica, let's go!" Taylor says.

"You live a dangerous life. Maybe we could train together some time, help keep you safe," she says, walking into the gym with the others.

Artemis
You get continued feelings of annoyance from Taylor. Finally Jessica decides to go into the Gym with the two of you.

It takes a few minutes, but eventually Taylor finds an open arena. There has to be at least 50 small little courts for battle. The place is packed with hundreds of trainers. Thoughts fly across the room constantly, rarely stopping. Although the area is huge, it still can't be more than half of the Gym's building.

"So rules," Taylor says, taking her spot on one side of the court. "One on one, hardcap of 10 and no digging," she says. "That fine by you?"

Paul shrugs.

Right, the appointment. I had actually forgotten about that. Just figured I'd give you a shot at having a night with the champ. But hey, if you're not interested in two hundred and eighty pounds of grade A Kanto beef, no problem. I'll see you later, sweet thing.

He trundles out of the building, looking for another trainer that he could battle.

The woman quite literally seems sick; if you had kept talking she might have puked.

After you exit the building it doesn't take too long to find a battle. A small court is surrounded with a group of people, cheering on their pets as each tried to kill the other.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 03:45 PM
None for me thank you, I just ate.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 04:46 PM
Romeo took Jessica's hand and placed the egg in it, them moved behind her. He came up close to her and took her other hand in his and closed it over the egg, making her hold it gently and tenderly.

'You just need to live with more love in your life. Love is the purest emotion a person can feel, or a pokemon can feel. Pokemon respond to love, you just have a little trouble connecting with the egg because you can't rationalise it as a pokemon yet. Treat it like you would your espeon Jewel, and it will respond to your feelings.'

Romeo glances down at Elly and Jewel. Elly was snuggling into the Espeon.

'See, love is the strongest force in to universe. I don't need to read minds when I connect to another through their heart. Listen with your soul, not your thoughts. Even if only for a brief second, love can bring two souls together closer than any other bond.'

He gently takes the egg out of her arms and steps back, before nodding sagely.

'As for your offer, I would be delighted to train with you. Unfortunately, I think your Espeon is a little stronger than my Eevee, what with it being evolved and everything. But if you had a pokemon around the same level as Elly, I'd love a battle.'

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 05:32 PM
"Then...then one melon to split between Sparky and Ollie, and a bacon, pidgey egg, and cheese sandwich on your...oran berry bagel for me."
He could eat on the go if need be.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 05:48 PM
Romeo took Jessica's hand and placed the egg in it, them moved behind her. He came up close to her and took her other hand in his and closed it over the egg, making her hold it gently and tenderly.

'You just need to live with more love in your life. Love is the purest emotion a person can feel, or a pokemon can feel. Pokemon respond to love, you just have a little trouble connecting with the egg because you can't rationalise it as a pokemon yet. Treat it like you would your espeon Jewel, and it will respond to your feelings.'

Romeo glances down at Elly and Jewel. Elly was snuggling into the Espeon.

'See, love is the strongest force in to universe. I don't need to read minds when I connect to another through their heart. Listen with your soul, not your thoughts. Even if only for a brief second, love can bring two souls together closer than any other bond.'

He gently takes the egg out of her arms and steps back, before nodding sagely.

'As for your offer, I would be delighted to train with you. Unfortunately, I think your Espeon is a little stronger than my Eevee, what with it being evolved and everything. But if you had a pokemon around the same level as Elly, I'd love a battle.'

The girl seems unable to speak throughout your demonstration, but she does look back at you as you oh-so-smoothly wrapped your arms around her.

"A battle?" she says as if coming out of a trance. "Right, a battle. I have a Pokemon more matching her level. Tell you what," she says, smirking at you as she crosses her arms across her chest. "If you beat me I'll show you my place tongiht. If I win, well, better luck next time," she says.

Her friend looks over at her in shock. They seem to somehow communicate, ending with Taylor looking both suprised and disgusted with her friend.

"Then...then one melon to split between Sparky and Ollie, and a bacon, pidgey egg, and cheese sandwich on your...oran berry bagel for me."
He could eat on the go if need be.

"I'll be right back," the man says, taking your order and dissapearing into the restraunt. About fifteen minutes later he emerges with a plate of food. "Here you are sir," he says, setting it down in front of you. "I'll bring your check when you are ready."

The food looks good. The bagel is soft, the bacon cooked expertly, and the Pidgey egg poached. The melon seems to be fresh as well.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 05:57 PM
"Sounds like a fair match to me." She shrugs her shoulder and Aquilla flies out to an empty field. Artemis follows, trying to strike up friendly conversation. Seems your friend has had a different taking to Guttermind over there than we have.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 06:01 PM
Gerald splits the melon and eats quickly enough to be polite and not keep Ethan waiting too long, but slow enough to savor it. The tea was quite good as well. Meanwhile, Sparky digs into his side with gusto. Within ten minutes, he's ready to go.
"Sorry about the delay."
He leaves 300 on the table, before scooping up a backpack and putting it on the table gently. Didn't want to harm the egg, after all.
"Ready to head out?"
He straps it on awkwardly-hard with only one shoulder to keep it on, but a quick click sets it right. Sparky finishes his melon and with a thwip, drags himself up to a shoulder. Last but not least, he picks up his toolbox-a dangerous thing, that-and stands.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 06:02 PM
Romeo puts the Egg back in it's secure spot in his briefcase before unhooking his cane from the side.

'You have a deal little lady. You know I only have Elly to pick. I've showed you mine now you show me yours.'

He spins his cane round in dramatic fashion and points it at Jessica. He tips his hat towards her and smiles.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 06:05 PM
Ollie happily munched on his half of the melon alongside Spraky. Alright, Ollie lets go. Ollie plops down off the table with a roll and lets out a small trumpet before falling behind Ethan's heels. To the fighting gym then?

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 06:14 PM
"Yeah. Human level intellect is common and they can use tools at least. A pair of hands would be useful when it comes to installation."

Arcran
2012-04-20, 06:15 PM
"Sounds like a fair match to me." She shrugs her shoulder and Aquilla flies out to an empty field. Artemis follows, trying to strike up friendly conversation. Seems your friend has had a different taking to Guttermind over there than we have.

Taylor turns back to you, apparently coming out of a trance. I don't know what's up with her. She normally won't look twice at a guy unless he's a Psychic. I don't know what's up with her. But that guy's in for a suprise, she says, chuckling aloud.

"Alright Shade, you're up!" she says, tossing out a Pokeball, a black bird popping out.

{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1|||||Aq|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Sh|||||
[/table]

You are faster.

Romeo puts the Egg back in it's secure spot in his briefcase before unhooking his cane from the side.

'You have a deal little lady. You know I only have Elly to pick. I've showed you mine now you show me yours.'

He spins his cane round in dramatic fashion and points it at Jessica. He tips his hat towards her and smiles.

"Only if you win," she says, smiling. "Comon Meanie!" she shouts, throwing out a candle-like Pokemon.

1|||||El|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Me|||||[/table]

You are faster.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 06:17 PM
"Yeah. Human level intellect is common and they can use tools at least. A pair of hands would be useful when it comes to installation."

You soon find yourselves at the Fighting Dojo. Inside huge men pummel each other into submission and athletic looking women throw punches at blinding speeds. Even the Pokemon are strong and athletic looking! The two of you look fairly out of place.

One man walks over, a man so big that he looks like he ate a small child. "Whadda you guys doin here?" he mumbles in a deep, gravely voice.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 06:22 PM
He's judging the lack of the arm isn't he. They always do.
"I...I was wondering which nearby route had the most fighting types on it. Looking to acquire some."
Could've been tough, but fighting smart was better any day of the week. Speed's better, anyway. He bends down and puts his toolbox down, and scans the pokemon around him. Better to not have the toolbox in hand if this guy got impolite. Blood on his shirt probably wouldn't look good.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 06:23 PM
HP: 40/40
DEF: 5
S. DEF: 5
SPD: 11
Let me know if you need any help with that. "Okay Aquilla, Leer." As Aquilla flies toward the blackbird to get in range, Artemis scans it with her Pokédex. She liked the look of the bird, let's see if it had fighting potential.
Move to E5
Leer
AC: [roll0] 2
Lower defense 1 stage

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 06:32 PM
Romeo scans the candle with his pokedex and chuckles.

'Now, now, now young lady. You say you'll help me train, yet you bring a ghost type to fight me when I only have a normal?' He gives her a cheeky grin. 'I should give you a spanking for that. But since I can't even hurt it I guess your amazing buttocks will remain unharmed tonight. I have no desire to have Elly needlessly hurt herself for my pride. I forefit.' He gives his cane another spin and bows while tipping his hat to her.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:03 PM
He's judging the lack of the arm isn't he. They always do.
"I...I was wondering which nearby route had the most fighting types on it. Looking to acquire some."
Could've been tough, but fighting smart was better any day of the week. Speed's better, anyway. He bends down and puts his toolbox down, and scans the pokemon around him. Better to not have the toolbox in hand if this guy got impolite. Blood on his shirt probably wouldn't look good.

"Why not stay here!" the man says, gesturing behind him, his arm nearly hitting you as he does so. "We give away smashers in contests! If you win tour-na-ment you get one," the man says happily, a big stupid grin on his face. Then he apparently notices your arm for the first time. "Uhhh, we let you fight in kid tourny. 'Cause, you know," the man says, trailing off awkwardly.

HP: 40/40
DEF: 5
S. DEF: 5
SPD: 11
Let me know if you need any help with that. "Okay Aquilla, Leer." As Aquilla flies toward the blackbird to get in range, Artemis scans it with her Pokédex. She liked the look of the bird, let's see if it had fighting potential.
Move to E5
Leer
Lower defense 1 stage

The bird cowers slightly before the gaze, but rushes forward at some unspoken signal, a powerful strike slamming into Aquilla from the creature's beak.

1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5|||||Aq|||||
6|||||Sh|||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||||||||
[/table]

24 damage after Defense.

Romeo scans the candle with his pokedex and chuckles.

'Now, now, now young lady. You say you'll help me train, yet you bring a ghost type to fight me when I only have a normal?' He gives her a cheeky grin. 'I should give you a spanking for that. But since I can't even hurt it I guess your amazing buttocks will remain unharmed tonight. I have no desire to have Elly needlessly hurt herself for my pride. I forefit.' He gives his cane another spin and bows while tipping his hat to her.

"Well that was no fun," the girl says, pouting. "At least you care for your Pokemon," she says, walking over to you. The court is soon claimed after the two of you leave. "I'm going to watch Taylor. The kid she's with might be cool," she says, walking over towards the other fight, leading you over, her Espeon trotting along at your heels.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 07:12 PM
He quickly slips out of the way of the blow, hand nearly going back for the toolbox before Sparky stops him. He blinks a couple times and then goes back to his previous position.
"...Best not. Tend to get...carried away in fights with trainers. Bad times in the past."
He knows the man's looking at his arm. Always the arm...
"Maybe we could meet some of the pokemon though? Any issue with that Ethan?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 07:19 PM
'I do care for her. I told you, love isn't something measured by science, or controlled by psychics. It's the essence of the universe. The eternal truth, beyond philosophy, religion or science. Who knows, if I challenge you again tomorrow, maybe I'll win and teach you that.'

Romeo scans the murkrow that Taylor is using.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 07:21 PM
16/40
"Watch it, Aquilla! Hit him back!" Aquilla flies back before divebombing the other bird, ending some ways back.
Pass, end at B9

Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll2]

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:22 PM
He quickly slips out of the way of the blow, hand nearly going back for the toolbox before Sparky stops him. He blinks a couple times and then goes back to his previous position.
"...Best not. Tend to get...carried away in fights with trainers. Bad times in the past."
He knows the man's looking at his arm. Always the arm...
"Maybe we could meet some of the pokemon though? Any issue with that Ethan?"

"OK little guy," the man says, patting your shoulder. "I'll show you my Pokemon. Comon Chubman!" the man says, spiking a Pokeball. A large Pokemon that Ethan is able to identify as Hariyama comes out. It lunges at the two of you, fist aimed to strike.
"NO CHUBMAN! THEY"RE NICE TRAINERS!" The Hariyama's blow stops just short of the two of you. "He's a big one. They have little ones like him that you can win," he says.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:27 PM
'I do care for her. I told you, love isn't something measured by science, or controlled by psychics. It's the essence of the universe. The eternal truth, beyond philosophy, religion or science. Who knows, if I challenge you again tomorrow, maybe I'll win and teach you that.'

Romeo scans the murkrow that Taylor is using.

Jessica looks at you. "Well, the offer still stands," she says with a small laugh.

16/40
"Watch it, Aquilla! Hit him back!" Aquilla flies back before divebombing the other bird, ending some ways back.
Pass, end at B9

If Crit: [roll2]

The blow misses miserably, causing Taylor to laugh. "Better luck next time. Shade, finish him!" she cries, the Murkrow cawing as it flies forward to the kill, the peck colliding with Aquilla's wing and sending her to the ground, hard.

19 to Aquilla after Defense.

"Well, it was a good try," she says, wincing as your bird goes down. She returns the bird as well. "Better luck next time," she says, walking over to Jessica. "Now," she says, taking her friend by the arm, "We need to go."

Jessica looks like she is about to protest, but her friend looks at her, "Now."

The two start to walk off, Jessica looking back and waving at Romeo.

Artemis
As they walk away Taylor speaks into your mind.
You can come with us. I just want to get Jessica away from loverboy. He gives me the creeps.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 07:35 PM
Sparky dodges as the hand comes down, and puffs up with static electricity when the hariyama goes to charge. Gerald does some quick thinking and turns the wounded side towards him, unable to get out of the way but not about to sacrifice his only way to fight back, when the hariyama stops. Once certain he's not about to get hit, he scans Chubman.
"Maybe in the future. Need to learn control first. Too little of that in the past."

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:42 PM
Sparky dodges as the hand comes down, and puffs up with static electricity when the hariyama goes to charge. Gerald does some quick thinking and turns the wounded side towards him, unable to get out of the way but not about to sacrifice his only way to fight back, when the hariyama stops. Once certain he's not about to get hit, he scans Chubman.
"Maybe in the future. Need to learn control first. Too little of that in the past."

"Fine, you no want to fight," the man says, seeming pretty sad about it, actually. "Tell you what. You do favor for me I give you baby Chubman. One for each of you. Big guy makes lotta babies. Sound good to you?" the man says, putting his considerably sized arm around the large Hariyama's shoulders.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 07:44 PM
Artemis quietly swears to herself in Unovan as the move hits. He swung too wide and the bird capitalized on it. "Just a bad roll of the cosmic dice on my part." Give me a minute to help Aquilla and I'll happily follow you guys. Better you two than him at the very least. Where're you guys heading? She goes out to the field to pick up Aquilla, recalling the passed out eaglet.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 07:44 PM
Romeo blows her a kiss as she leaves.

'Tomorrow, re-match. I'll hold you to that. Or I'll let you hold me, either way is good.'

Romeo decides it's best not to hang around in a psychic gym. Most didn't seem to like him. With that he decided to try his luck next door in the fighting gym. The bodies on some of those girls were to die for.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 07:47 PM
"Again, sorry about that. I'd like to help you out though, what's the favor?"
He seems a little sad he can't fight the man, but...well, killing tends to go poorly.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:49 PM
Artemis quietly swears to herself in Unovan as the move hits. He swung too wide and the bird capitalized on it. "Just a bad roll of the cosmic dice on my part." Give me a minute to help Aquilla and I'll happily follow you guys. Better you two than him at the very least. Where're you guys heading? She goes out to the field to pick up Aquilla, recalling the passed out eaglet.

We'll meet you at the Pokemon Center. Make sure the creep doesn't follow you.

Romeo blows her a kiss as she leaves.

'Tomorrow, re-match. I'll hold you to that. Or I'll let you hold me, either way is good.'

Romeo decides it's best not to hang around in a psychic gym. Most didn't seem to like him. With that he decided to try his luck next door in the fighting gym. The bodies on some of those girls were to die for.

Oh, I will, you hear said straight into your mind, like that little voice that tells you not to do little girls.

The Fighting Dojo is almost across town, but you manage to reach it fairly quickly. When you do reach it you see a large man talking to two scrawny nerds that look extremely out of place. The girls are to die for; hot girls fighting, the most clothes any of them wearing being a sports bra and some of the shortest shorts you ever seen. And for you, that's saying something.

Perception please.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 07:51 PM
"Again, sorry about that. I'd like to help you out though, what's the favor?"
He seems a little sad he can't fight the man, but...well, killing tends to go poorly.

"I want better gun," the man says, his voice dropping to normal talking volume, probably his equivalent of a whisper. "Bad thing is gun is illegal. Makes too big boom, guards no like. Actually, makes big boom and sets on fire, but that is no big detail. Anyways, not allowed in city. Need somebody to sneak it in. You guys do that for me?" the man says, grinning hugely.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 07:54 PM
"Possibly. If we can't, can I make you a better one?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 07:55 PM
Romeo scans the available booty, smiling like a kid in a candy store. A SEXY candy store.

Perception
[roll0]

Romeo notices nothing but the booty!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 07:56 PM
Ethan does not budge, nor flinches when the big red hand comes flying at his face. He seemed unusually calm under pressure. Ollie on the other hand jumped and trumpted angrily at the fat mon.

I'd be interested in helping you sir, but I'm afraid we on a time schedule. We must be somewhere by noon, do you believe we can retrieve this artillery of yours with enough time to spare? Ethan motions casually at Ollie to calm and scans the Hariyama while he converses with the large man.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 07:57 PM
Ethan does not budge, nor flinches when the big red hand comes flying at his face. He seemed unusually calm under pressure. Ollie on the other hand jumped and trumpted angrily at the fat mon.

I'd be interested in helping you sir, but I'm afraid we on a time schedule. We must be somewhere by noon, do you believe we can retrieve this artillery of yours with enough time to spare? Ethan motions casually at Ollie to calm and scans the Hariyama while he converses with the large man.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 07:57 PM
Okay, meet you there. Her mind turns to the boy. If you so much as wind up in the same building, Jessica and I will give you a very different threesome than you are likely used to. Her "voice" is serious. After a second she wonders if that might have sounded like an invitation as opposed to a threat. That was a threat, just in case you didn't grasp that. She runs off to the Center to get Aquilla healed up. Maybe she could find a non-creepy breeder to ask about her egg as well.

Started posting before I saw that he already left. Could pass by him on the way there.

Yes, that's her version of a threat. Tayloered to the individual.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 08:01 PM
"Possibly. If we can't, can I make you a better one?"

"Are you world famous Johtan gun smith? If yes, go ahead. If no, just pick up mine."

Romeo scans the available booty, smiling like a kid in a candy store. A SEXY candy store.

Perception
[roll0]

You get a few Pokemon scans in, but those are obviously not your focus.

In one corner of the Dojo you see a group of women doing yoga. Very attractive women. There are multiple fighitng rings around the arena featuring women fights as well.

Machoke, Hariyama, and Medidite added.

"Depends. It heavy, might take two of you to carry. Maybe an hour? I can lend you a cart if you want," he says, gesturing towards mutliple low to the ground push carts.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-20, 08:20 PM
Romeo scans the yoga women and checks them out. He's looking for one that wouldn't mind a skinny guy like him. Most of the men here seemed pretty buff.

Know your Audience rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Assuming he finds someone like that, he goes over and sits next to her. While not the strongest, he was fairly flexible.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 08:30 PM
Ethan steps back and tilts his head for a moment. Is the package time sensitive? I'm afraid I don't believe we will have time to conduct such a job safely. Not right now. But later, possibly. He looks at the man blank face waiting patiently for an answer.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 11:14 PM
Okay, meet you there. Her mind turns to the boy. If you so much as wind up in the same building, Jessica and I will give you a very different threesome than you are likely used to. Her "voice" is serious. After a second she wonders if that might have sounded like an invitation as opposed to a threat. That was a threat, just in case you didn't grasp that. She runs off to the Center to get Aquilla healed up. Maybe she could find a non-creepy breeder to ask about her egg as well.

Started posting before I saw that he already left. Could pass by him on the way there.

Yes, that's her version of a threat. Tayloered to the individual.

You soon find yourself at the Pokemon Center. The one here seems streamlined, efficient. In fact, stuff seems healed almost instantly. It looks like the Nurses simply touch a Pokemon and it becomes better. A Nurse walks up to you and you feel the familiar presence on your mind.

"Psychic, hunh? One of us? No charge, just take your 'mons out," the Nurse says, obviously in a hurry. You don't see Jessica and Taylor yet, but they did say they'd meet you here.

Romeo scans the yoga women and checks them out. He's looking for one that wouldn't mind a skinny guy like him. Most of the men here seemed pretty buff.

Know your Audience rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Assuming he finds someone like that, he goes over and sits next to her. While not the strongest, he was fairly flexible.

From your observations, you deduce that you lack the proper pectroral girth for all of them except one. There is one that might settle for your lack of muscles, maybe even like it. From her expression it is likely she was recently dumped, likely by the hulk of a man she keeps glancing at. Maybe she'd settle for a nice normal sized guy.

-7 for all except Ms. Rebound. She'll be no modifier.

Ethan steps back and tilts his head for a moment. Is the package time sensitive? I'm afraid I don't believe we will have time to conduct such a job safely. Not right now. But later, possibly. He looks at the man blank face waiting patiently for an answer.

"Time sensitive? No, time doesn't tickle it," the man says, obviosuly confused.

"He means do you need it soon!" a guy shouts from across the Dojo.

"OH! Yeah, I need soon. Tomorrow. I have to-" He stops, as if he was about to say something he's not supposed to. "I have to mow my lawn. Yeah, mow it. Flamethrower good for mowing."

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 11:23 PM
Okay, I officially love this town. She lets out Aquilla and shows her to a nurse. When Aquilla's better, Artemis finds a seat, Aquilla perching on her shoulder. She passively scans minds while keeping an eye out for anything she hasn't seen in her Pokédex before while she waits. She looks at the time on her phone, realizing that she does have a deadline that she has not been paying attention to.

Eshkigal
2012-04-20, 11:28 PM
"Don't think we're good enough to get through the guards. Sorry."
He pats the guy on his back.
"Sorry, but I'll be back to this area later. Maybe I'll take you guys up on a tournament next time, or train here. Just don't have the time today."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-20, 11:29 PM
Ethan pulls out his datapad and taps the screen a few times and then pockets it once again. He did nothing, just wanted to look like he was doing something. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this endeavor. Me and my colleague cannot risk being tardy for our appointment. We do appreciate your offer but I must humbly decline. Thank you kindly for the offer. Shall we head out? Ethan does a small but respectful bow and Ollie does the same

hustlertwo
2012-04-20, 11:39 PM
The woman quite literally seems sick; if you had kept talking she might have puked.

After you exit the building it doesn't take too long to find a battle. A small court is surrounded with a group of people, cheering on their pets as each tried to kill the other.

Paul whips out his newly acquired secondhand Pokedex to scan the battlers; his first, filled with the creatures he had seen in his childhood competitions, had long since been pawned for booze money. But now that he was going back into training, he knew he needed another of the devices, and saw a third-party knockoff that he was sure would do just as well. Granted, the 'Pokedax' label was a little disconcerting, but what's one letter?

He then looks to any trainer not currently in a battle.

Hey, anybody looking for a little one on one tussle? Gotta get my boy Buck here some training time. Got...got a big tournament coming up. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 11:41 PM
Okay, I officially love this town. She lets out Aquilla and shows her to a nurse. When Aquilla's better, Artemis finds a seat, Aquilla perching on her shoulder. She passively scans minds while keeping an eye out for anything she hasn't seen in her Pokédex before while she waits. She looks at the time on her phone, realizing that she does have a deadline that she has not been paying attention to.

The Nurse quickly heals Aquilla, the bird becoming healthy almost immediately. Your clock says it is about 10; time flies while you're fighting Psychics.

Jessica and Taylor walk in just as you get up to leave. Taylor calls you over immediately. "Alright, tell Jessica that dude was a creep. Please," she begs.

"Don't think we're good enough to get through the guards. Sorry."
He pats the guy on his back.
"Sorry, but I'll be back to this area later. Maybe I'll take you guys up on a tournament next time, or train here. Just don't have the time today."

"Awww," the man says, seeming genuinely sad. "Maybe some other time," he says, walking away. He starts lifting weights that have to be at least twice your body weight.

Ethan pulls out his datapad and taps the screen a few times and then pockets it once again. He did nothing, just wanted to look like he was doing something. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this endeavor. Me and my colleague cannot risk being tardy for our appointment. We do appreciate your offer but I must humbly decline. Thank you kindly for the offer. Shall we head out? Ethan does a small but respectful bow and Ollie does the same

As you fake using the datapad you notice that the time is about 10:00.

Arcran
2012-04-20, 11:43 PM
Paul whips out his newly acquired secondhand Pokedex to scan the battlers; his first, filled with the creatures he had seen in his childhood competitions, had long since been pawned for booze money. But now that he was going back into training, he knew he needed another of the devices, and saw a third-party knockoff that he was sure would do just as well. Granted, the 'Pokedax' label was a little disconcerting, but what's one letter?

He then looks to any trainer not currently in a battle.

Hey, anybody looking for a little one on one tussle? Gotta get my boy Buck here some training time. Got...got a big tournament coming up. Yeah, that's the ticket.

You scan the two Pokemon, aquiring Combusken and Dustox for your Pokedax.

At your challenge, a dark Unovan man looks at you and laughs. "You wanna fight tubs?" the man asks, laughing. "Alright, alright. One on one, friendly wager of ^1500?" he asks, looking like he is trying hard not to laugh his head off.

hustlertwo
2012-04-20, 11:47 PM
Paul runs his hands along his elephantine physique.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm about to kick your keyster, pal. Send out your selection and let's do it.

He peels the cash from a sweaty wad in his pocket and holds it up for the man to see.

Esprit15
2012-04-20, 11:50 PM
"Yeah, he was a creep. Did you hear what he was thinking?" She conveys a small part of the thoughts she heard, the ones she didn't immediately try to flush from her mind. She a bit of nausea also gets through in the message. "That's what I got when I was trying to calm myself down and just looked for some reassurance from somewhere."

Arcran
2012-04-21, 12:58 AM
Paul runs his hands along his elephantine physique.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm about to kick your keyster, pal. Send out your selection and let's do it.

He peels the cash from a sweaty wad in his pocket and holds it up for the man to see.

"Me? I'll be using Chomper here," the man says, releasing a blue Pokemon with massive jaws. "No flying, no digging, straight up fight. Deal?"

"Yeah, he was a creep. Did you hear what he was thinking?" She conveys a small part of the thoughts she heard, the ones she didn't immediately try to flush from her mind. She a bit of nausea also gets through in the message. "That's what I got when I was trying to calm myself down and just looked for some reassurance from somewhere."

"But he was so cute! And charming!" Jessica says.

Something's up with her. She's never been this into a guy. I mean never. He's not even her type! Taylor says, her telepathic thought somehow carrying the idea that she is worried.

"Look, he's a creep Jessica. Forget about him," Taylor says. "Do you have any plans or are you just chilling?" she asks Artemis.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 01:16 AM
Unwillingly, thoughts of a building and importance flash across her mind. She didn't think of Rocket, but just about everything else. "I have a job interview at noon today, so I have to be at the Silph Co. building at probably 15 before. Have to make a good first impression. I have an hour and a half before I have to hurry. Any suggestions on what I could find to do in the mean time?"

Eshkigal
2012-04-21, 06:34 AM
"See you around."
He looks over to Ethan.
"So what time is-oh, that late. Change of plan time, we're going to hit something close."
(Are we closer to the Northern gate, or Southern gate?)

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 07:01 AM
Romeo took off his shirt, revealing a finely shaven and waxed chest. He also gets out some lotion and starts rubbing himself down till he glistens.

He goes over and stands next to the girl and starts stretching. '"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." It means we don't realise how much we cared for a person till we've already lost them. A sad fact of human life.'

He knew it was a bit risky to go with big words when chatting up girls like this, but with his lack of a good body, a nice personality was the only way to get noticed here.

Attraction: [roll0], vs INT or WILL mod (whatever is lowest)+1d20
Works for [roll1]hours

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 08:09 AM
"Me? I'll be using Chomper here," the man says, releasing a blue Pokemon with massive jaws. "No flying, no digging, straight up fight. Deal?"

"But he was so cute! And charming!" Jessica says.

Something's up with her. She's never been this into a guy. I mean never. He's not even her type! Taylor says, her telepathic thought somehow carrying the idea that she is worried.

"Look, he's a creep Jessica. Forget about him," Taylor says. "Do you have any plans or are you just chilling?" she asks Artemis.

I guess I will 'choose' Buck. Come on out, buddy.

The Scraggy emerges, ready to fight as always. Paul scans the opponent to include in his 'dax.

Don't know the other mon so I don't know who is faster.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 09:25 AM
Unwillingly, thoughts of a building and importance flash across her mind. She didn't think of Rocket, but just about everything else. "I have a job interview at noon today, so I have to be at the Silph Co. building at probably 15 before. Have to make a good first impression. I have an hour and a half before I have to hurry. Any suggestions on what I could find to do in the mean time?"

The two of them look at you funny. Could they piece together that you're going to be Rocket?

"Good luck at your meeting," Taylor says. "If you want we could have you do some Psychic tests. They'll take you what, like thirty minutes?" she asks Jessica.

"Yeah, that sounds right," she responds, a little out of it. "Do some trials just to see what you can do. If you pass you're a member of the Gym and get a Pokemon. If not, well, you can take the tests in a few weeks," she says. "Sound good?"

"See you around."
He looks over to Ethan.
"So what time is-oh, that late. Change of plan time, we're going to hit something close."
(Are we closer to the Northern gate, or Southern gate?)

Closer to North gate.

Romeo took off his shirt, revealing a finely shaven and waxed chest. He also gets out some lotion and starts rubbing himself down till he glistens.

He goes over and stands next to the girl and starts stretching. '"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." It means we don't realise how much we cared for a person till we've already lost them. A sad fact of human life.'

He knew it was a bit risky to go with big words when chatting up girls like this, but with his lack of a good body, a nice personality was the only way to get noticed here.

Attraction: [roll0], vs INT or WILL mod (whatever is lowest)+1d20
Works for [roll1]hours

The woman looks at you as you turn on your charm. At first it is just a sidelong glance, but then she looks back again. "Are you talking to me?" she says, bending over for a yoga stretch. "I don't know what you're talking about," she says, once again glancing at the guy.

The guy's group of friends are laughing at you as you talk to the woman. He, on the other hand, seems angry.

I guess I will 'choose' Buck. Come on out, buddy.

The Scraggy emerges, ready to fight as always. Paul scans the opponent to include in his 'dax.

Don't know the other mon so I don't know who is faster.

Your 'dax identifies the Pokemon as Totodile, a Dark/Water type Pokemon with an affinity for pizza.

"Alright, let's get this started!" the man says, stepping to his side of the ring. "Chomper, let's kick this guy's ass!"

1|||||Bu|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Ch|||||
[/table]

You are faster.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 09:38 AM
"Sounds good to me. Not that I'm that powerful of a Psychic."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-21, 09:39 AM
Well given our local, I'd say we should head to the Northern Gate if we want any chance of encountering wild Pokemon before our meeting. Ethan starts heading towards the Northern gate without asking or waiting for Gerald's response.

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 09:42 AM
Isn't Totodile just Water type?

Paul directs the Scraggy almost absentmindedly as his gaze drifts to the Qwilfish spines in his pack; it had been a while since he had a jolt of Poison and he was getting antsy.

Awright Buck, go...uhhh, do your thing. Stare at 'em or somethin'.

Buck shifts to E-7 and Leers at his opponent. [roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-21, 09:56 AM
"Sounds good to me. Not that I'm that powerful of a Psychic."

"It's all right, the test is easy," they both say, reassuring you. They lead you back to the gym and into a room about 10 by 10 meters with completely white walls.

The test will begin in 3..... 2...... 1....... *BZZZZZZ*

A small rock flies at you head from the wall.

Well given our local, I'd say we should head to the Northern Gate if we want any chance of encountering wild Pokemon before our meeting. Ethan starts heading towards the Northern gate without asking or waiting for Gerald's response.

You soon find yourself at the North Gate. Guards are there, waiting to check people's Trainer ID's before letting them out.

Yes, you have ID's.

Isn't Totodile just Water type?

Paul directs the Scraggy almost absentmindedly as his gaze drifts to the Qwilfish spines in his pack; it had been a while since he had a jolt of Poison and he was getting antsy.

Awright Buck, go...uhhh, do your thing. Stare at 'em or somethin'.

Buck shifts to E-7 and Leers at his opponent. [roll0]

Yep, it's just the 'dax. Feel free to use real knowledge; the 'dax will mostly give you bad info. Totodile also does not like pizza.

"Alright big guy, claw 'im!"

The Totodile runs by, raking Buck with small sharp claws.

1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||Ch||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7|||||Bu|||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||||||||
[/table]

12 after Defense.

Eshkigal
2012-04-21, 09:58 AM
Gerald picks up his toolbox and follows Ethan.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-21, 10:01 AM
Ethan casually shows his ID to the gaurds, not really paying attention.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 10:02 AM
She applies a thirty pound force and and the rock harmlessly sails back. So that's the kind of test this is. She shifts around, looking for where the rock would be fired from. She feels for any minds in the distance, the one of the person operating the firing mechanism, specifically.

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 10:05 AM
Yep, it's just the 'dax. Feel free to use real knowledge; the 'dax will mostly give you bad info. Totodile also does not like pizza.

"Alright big guy, claw 'im!"

The Totodile runs by, raking Buck with small sharp claws.

1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||Ch||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7|||||Bu|||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||||||||
[/table]

12 after Defense.

Ha, I love it! Definitely keep this going for everything Paul scans, should be a hoot.

The Scraggy reels from the strike.

Paul glances up from his fixation and wipes a slight trickle of drool from his mouth.

C'mon Buck, don't suck. Smack him!

The Scraggy shifts to E-5 and lines up for a Faint Attack, automatically striking the Totodile for [roll0] damage.

Forgot the stats you mentioned wanting posted when attacking:
Attack= 11
Defense= 10
SDEF= 10

So the 12 was after applying the 10 defense? Tough little Toto.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:05 AM
Ethan casually shows his ID to the gaurds, not really paying attention.

The guards wave the two of you through, scanning you IDs as you pass.

You find yourselves on a fairly flat, open route. High grass rises to either side of the road.

d100's please!

She applies a thirty pound force and and the rock harmlessly sails back. So that's the kind of test this is. She shifts around, looking for where the rock would be fired from. She feels for any minds in the distance, the one of the person operating the firing mechanism, specifically.

The rock flies away harmlessly. Unfortunately you can't find any sort of mechanism. This time two slightly larger rocks are fired, one coming at you from either direction.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-21, 10:11 AM
[roll0]I'm hoping low, everything on a d100 in this game wants low.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:13 AM
The Totodile takes the hit, almost going down.

"Chomp! Back up! Hit him with some water!"

A powerful jet of water erupts from the Totodile's jaws, barely getting through Buck's thick skin.

1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5|||||Bu|||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||Ch||||||
[/table]

2 damage this time after SPDEF.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 10:14 AM
Suddenly I think this will get a lot harder. She pushes the two rocks away still. Guess the operator's too far for me to sense. She waits for the next volley.

Eshkigal
2012-04-21, 10:17 AM
Gerald felt the comfortable weight of the toolbox as he and Sparky looked around.
[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 10:18 AM
Okay, change gears.

'I know that guy over there hurt you, and he probably doesn't even care. Look, does he even look heartbroken to you. Even me, someone who doesn't know you, can see your hurt. He's over there laughing with his friends.' Romeo was faking anger and annoyance at the guy. Well, perhaps it wasn't all fake. This guy had no respect for the woman he dumped.

'You know what you should do? You should grab the skinniest runt around here and have your way with him to get him jealous. In-fact, I seen a scientist guy near the entrance.' Romeo scans the room the skinny guy he knew had already left. 'Wait, he's gone. Well, who's the next skinniest guy in the gym?' Romeo pretends to scan the room again, while showing off his incredibly slim torso. Hopefully this would get through to her.

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 10:24 AM
Just go down already. Got stuff to do, yo.

Buck shifts to D-9 and aims to smack the Totodile with a Low Kick.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:24 AM
Suddenly I think this will get a lot harder. She pushes the two rocks away still. Guess the operator's too far for me to sense. She waits for the next volley.

You manage to stop the last one. This time there are four rocks, each from a different direction. They're big; probably at least 5 pounds each.

Gerald felt the comfortable weight of the toolbox as he and Sparky looked around.
[roll0]

You don't manage to find many cool Pokemon in your brief search, but there is a small flock of bird like Pokemon flying above. Ethan is able to identify them as Pidgey.

Okay, change gears.

'I know that guy over there hurt you, and he probably doesn't even care. Look, does he even look heartbroken to you. Even me, someone who doesn't know you, can see your hurt. He's over there laughing with his friends.' Romeo was faking anger and annoyance at the guy. Well, perhaps it wasn't all fake. This guy had no respect for the woman he dumped.

'You know what you should do? You should grab the skinniest runt around here and have your way with him to get him jealous. In-fact, I seen a scientist guy near the entrance.' Romeo scans the room the skinny guy he knew had already left. 'Wait, he's gone. Well, who's the next skinniest guy in the gym?' Romeo pretends to scan the room again, while showing off his incredibly slim torso. Hopefully this would get through to her.

"Him? Hurt me? No, I dumped him about a week ago and he's been following me ever since," she says, taking another cautious glance at the man.

"But pick up a skinny guy... Yeah, that would make him jealous," she says, standing up. "Come with me," she says, taking your arm and leading you towards the door. "Tell a joke," she says.

The big man isn't looking very happy, but his friends are laughing their heads off.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 10:27 AM
Muk! She tries to move from the center of where the rocks are heading while forcing them away. "I don't know if I'll be able to do much more than this!"
May lift 30 lbs

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:29 AM
Just go down already. Got stuff to do, yo.

Buck shifts to D-9 and aims to smack the Totodile with a Low Kick.

[roll0]

The hit drops the Totodile to the ground. The Unovan man seems shocked.

"Aww man, how you do that? Chomper beats up everybody?" he says, walking over and handing you the cash. "Maybe that chub's hiding somethin' useful?" he says, poking your belly, causing it to jiggle.

210 XP to Buck, ^1500.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 10:31 AM
Quick, a joke a muscle girl will appreciate.

'Why do psychics never get to eat breakfast? Because the Kadabras stole all their spoons.'

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 10:35 AM
Paul laughs and hauls out his battered old trophy.

It ain't my first time at the rodeo, pal. But hey, thanks for the tuneup. Starting to feel like my old self a bit. Although walking all over the place sure felt a lot easier back then...anyhow, see ya later, sport. More places to go, more people to wow with my prowess. Come on, Buck old buddy. You did awright.

He returns the Scraggy, takes his winnings, and checks the dax to see what time it is. He balks a bit at seeing 12:00 on there, before realizing that the 12:00 was blinking, because he had yet to set the clock. He calls out to the Unovan.

Hey, you know what time it is?

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:36 AM
Muk! She tries to move from the center of where the rocks are heading while forcing them away. "I don't know if I'll be able to do much more than this!"
May lift 30 lbs

The test is calibrated to be safe. Don't worry, the voice buzzes.

This time it isn't large rocks, but thousands of pebbles shot from all around the room.

CON or INT check to stop it.

Quick, a joke a muscle girl will appreciate.

'Why do psychics never get to eat breakfast? Because the Kadabras stole all their spoons.'

The woman laughs far louder than the joke warranted. "That's good, really good," she says. The big man gets up, walking over towards the two of you, the rage on his face obvious.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 10:37 AM
Paul laughs and hauls out his battered old trophy.

It ain't my first time at the rodeo, pal. But hey, thanks for the tuneup. Starting to feel like my old self a bit. Although walking all over the place sure felt a lot easier back then...anyhow, see ya later, sport. More places to go, more people to wow with my prowess. Come on, Buck old buddy. You did awright.

He returns the Scraggy, takes his winnings, and checks the dax to see what time it is. He balks a bit at seeing 12:00 on there, before realizing that the 12:00 was blinking, because he had yet to set the clock. He calls out to the Unovan.

Hey, you know what time it is?

""Bout ten thirty!" the man shouts, turning to watch the next fight.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 10:40 AM
Artemis yells something in Unovan that probably would have landed her a clap upside the head back home. She tries to focus enough to force away the pebbles.
INT: [roll0]
CON: [roll1]
If you meant roll only one, I'll take the INT. Otherwise obviously the highest one rolled.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 11:16 AM
Romeo didn't back down from the lumbering hulk that was her ex. Instead he strode up to meet him. He stood face to face with the man. Or more likely, face to pectorals.

'Back down buddy. There's no reason to fight me. If you beat me nobody will give you any respect. Look at me. I'm skinnier than half the kids in this place. But if I happen to beat you, then what? Ever heard of Brycen? An ice-type gym leader over in Unova. Skinny as a tiwg, yet still one of the best martial artists on the planet. Heck, you must have seen one of his movies. So you shuld know hot to judge a book by it's slim cover. Now sit the hell down. I have a lovely lady that awaits me.'

He steps in even closer and whispers, so only the guy can hear.

'Look if you really care about this girl, speak up right now. If you don't back off. You'll just look like a desperate, needy person. Do you think any of the girls around here like that kinda guy. No, they come here looking for the strong guys. There are more than a few girls here that are just as hot as her. If you hit me you'll blow you chance with all of them. No point ruining your rep over one girl. Either declare your love for her, or back off. That's the only two ways you'll be getting any tonight.'

Diplomacy on the second conversation: [roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 11:28 AM
""Bout ten thirty!" the man shouts, turning to watch the next fight.

Paul scans the competitors in the next fight as well just for future reference, and heads off to find a store that sells TMs. He lets out the Scraggy and talks to it as they walk.

Buck, you beautiful thing you, since you're earning Daddy so much money let's see about honing your skills a bit. Give you a little slice and dice action to go on with those big punches and kicks. will give me something else to think about so I don't delve into the good stuff before the meeting; might blow it if I show up riding the purple wave. And these Silph cats are loaded, y'know.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 01:25 PM
Artemis yells something in Unovan that probably would have landed her a clap upside the head back home. She tries to focus enough to force away the pebbles.
INT: [roll0]
CON: [roll1]
If you meant roll only one, I'll take the INT. Otherwise obviously the highest one rolled.

With a powerful telekinetic burst you launch all the pebbles away.

*Bzzzt* Final test. Prepare for battle.

As it say that a snake slithers out of the wall into the room.

1|||||Sn|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Ar|||||[/table]

Trainers always go first.

Romeo didn't back down from the lumbering hulk that was her ex. Instead he strode up to meet him. He stood face to face with the man. Or more likely, face to pectorals.

'Back down buddy. There's no reason to fight me. If you beat me nobody will give you any respect. Look at me. I'm skinnier than half the kids in this place. But if I happen to beat you, then what? Ever heard of Brycen? An ice-type gym leader over in Unova. Skinny as a tiwg, yet still one of the best martial artists on the planet. Heck, you must have seen one of his movies. So you shuld know hot to judge a book by it's slim cover. Now sit the hell down. I have a lovely lady that awaits me.'

He steps in even closer and whispers, so only the guy can hear.

'Look if you really care about this girl, speak up right now. If you don't back off. You'll just look like a desperate, needy person. Do you think any of the girls around here like that kinda guy. No, they come here looking for the strong guys. There are more than a few girls here that are just as hot as her. If you hit me you'll blow you chance with all of them. No point ruining your rep over one girl. Either declare your love for her, or back off. That's the only two ways you'll be getting any tonight.'

Diplomacy on the second conversation: [roll0]

The man looks at you, somewhat suprised. "You expect me to believe that you're some kinda ninja?" he says, incredulous. "If you're so big and bad, step in the ring with me!" he says to cheers from all around. Your new girlfriend groans, but doesn't do anything at first. He leans in close. "Look, she might have dumped me, but she's still mine. I'm getting her back. And some puny punkass like you isn't going to stop that."

"Chuck, you're being an idiot!" she says, walking up to him. "This guy couldn't take down Josh! Leave him be!" she says.

"Take me back and we don't fight," the big man says.

The woman rolls her eyes. "If you fight him you're going to fight me," she says, stepping in front of you.

"I can't hit you," the big man says in a sorrowful tone. "Not again. That was an accident. I'm so sorry-" he starts to say, only to be cut off.

"Cut the bull. Either fight me here and now or leave," she says.

And the big man makes his choice. Lumbering off he goes towards one of the rings and hops in, taking on a man of similair size.

"Sorry about that," she says, looking at you apologetically. "You want to get something to eat?"

Paul scans the competitors in the next fight as well just for future reference, and heads off to find a store that sells TMs. He lets out the Scraggy and talks to it as they walk.

Buck, you beautiful thing you, since you're earning Daddy so much money let's see about honing your skills a bit. Give you a little slice and dice action to go on with those big punches and kicks. will give me something else to think about so I don't delve into the good stuff before the meeting; might blow it if I show up riding the purple wave. And these Silph cats are loaded, y'know.

After about ten minutes of looking around you find a good 'ole Pokemart. As you enter you find a small TM display case. It's not big, but it may have what you're looking for. An attendant comes over to help you.

"May I help you, sir?" he inquires incredously, looking at your too small shirt. "Our TMs are of the finest make, and quite expensive."

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 01:36 PM
She quickly scans the snake in her Pokédex before putting it back in her pocket. She directs a thought at the snake Pokémon. Sorry, whatever your name is. It's nothing personal. She steps forward and focuses on the snake, on making it squirm and convulse.
Step forward to E6
Extrasensory
Psychic
AC: [roll0] 2, Flinch on 19-20
If Crit: +[roll2]
68/76

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 01:45 PM
All the bravado Romeo had when facing the man seemed to fade as soon as he knew he was safe. He sighed in relief.

'I'd love that. Seeing as you saved my from hospital bills to fix a broken nose, the least I can do is get you lunch. Or brunch or whatever.' Romeo puts his shirt back on and grabs his briefcase before taking the girl by the arm and escorting her out. Elly appears out of nowhere to follow him. She had probably scarpered when the man arrived. She knew better than to stay near Romeo when an angry man was shouting at him.

'So no one fell for the Unovan ninja trick? Damn, thought I could pull it off. I'm Romeo, by the way. Never did catch yours, what with all the hassle and everything.'

Arcran
2012-04-21, 05:09 PM
She quickly scans the snake in her Pokédex before putting it back in her pocket. She directs a thought at the snake Pokémon. Sorry, whatever your name is. It's nothing personal. She steps forward and focuses on the snake, on making it squirm and convulse.
Step forward to E6
Extrasensory
Psychic
AC: [roll0] 2, Flinch on 19-20
If Crit: +[roll2]
68/76

The snake's eyes roll back into its head and it drops to the ground, unconcious. A door opens on the far wall. Jessica and Taylor are there.

"Nice job Artemis! Come with us, " they say, leading you to a room. When you arrive they open a drawer. Pulling out a badge, they hand it to you. "This isn't the Marsh Badge, you only get that from Sabrina. This is just a Saffron Gym Badge saying that you are a part of us," Taylor says, pinning it on your shirt. She then presses a button and a tray with a few Pokeballs comes out. "These are all Psychic or Ghost Type Pokemon," she says, gesturing at the group of them. "You can have any one that you want."

Pokemon: Abra, Slowpoke, Ralts, Natu, Chingling, Wynaut, Moona, Solosis, Elgyem, Gastly, Misdreaveus, Murkrow, Shuppet, or

All the bravado Romeo had when facing the man seemed to fade as soon as he knew he was safe. He sighed in relief.

'I'd love that. Seeing as you saved my from hospital bills to fix a broken nose, the least I can do is get you lunch. Or brunch or whatever.' Romeo puts his shirt back on and grabs his briefcase before taking the girl by the arm and escorting her out. Elly appears out of nowhere to follow him. She had probably scarpered when the man arrived. She knew better than to stay near Romeo when an angry man was shouting at him.

'So no one fell for the Unovan ninja trick? Damn, thought I could pull it off. I'm Romeo, by the way. Never did catch yours, what with all the hassle and everything.'

"Stacy," she says. "You couldn't pass for a ninja no matter where you came from," she says with a laugh. "Ninjas have at least a little upper body strenght and you, well," she says with another laugh. "You wanna hit the Toolbox? It's right down the street from here."

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 05:47 PM
'The toolbox sounds fine. It's not like I have anywhere to be.' He feels the envelope in his pocket and pulls it out to finally read. 'Oh. It looks like I do. I have an appointment at 12. Something about blasting off. So lets grab something to eat and I'll enjoy your company till I need to leave.'

He points forward dramatically. 'Let's BLAST OFF, to the lunch box .... I mean toolbox.'

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 06:46 PM
She gives a light bow of respect as she takes the Gym Badge. She made a mental note to find a way to more permanently affix it to her person that could be hidden for whatever reason. Upon seeing the Pokémon listed, she speaks up. "Hm, I do like flying types like that Murkrow in there, but Ralts are absolutely adorable! Do you have any male ones?"

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 07:14 PM
After about ten minutes of looking around you find a good 'ole Pokemart. As you enter you find a small TM display case. It's not big, but it may have what you're looking for. An attendant comes over to help you.

"May I help you, sir?" he inquires incredously, looking at your too small shirt. "Our TMs are of the finest make, and quite expensive."

Expensive, eh? Not exactly a selling point for a discerning customer like myself.

He rummages in his belly button with one finger, as if looking for loose change. He then pulls the finger out, sniffs it, and offers his hand to the man.

Paul Ticker, here to buy a little something for my man Buck. According to my...uhhh....dax, it's TM number Q!*/. But I'm pretty sure I remember it being TM 02, Dragon Claw. Any in stock?

Arcran
2012-04-21, 08:47 PM
'The toolbox sounds fine. It's not like I have anywhere to be.' He feels the envelope in his pocket and pulls it out to finally read. 'Oh. It looks like I do. I have an appointment at 12. Something about blasting off. So lets grab something to eat and I'll enjoy your company till I need to leave.'

He points forward dramatically. 'Let's BLAST OFF, to the lunch box .... I mean toolbox.'

She looks at you a little funny but laughs anyways. Soon enough you find yourself at the restraunt. It seems to just be a standard burger joint, just a little classier. You are seated quickly and have a bit to talk before the first order.

"So, what do you do?" Stacy asks.

She gives a light bow of respect as she takes the Gym Badge. She made a mental note to find a way to more permanently affix it to her person that could be hidden for whatever reason. Upon seeing the Pokémon listed, she speaks up. "Hm, I do like flying types like that Murkrow in there, but Ralts are absolutely adorable! Do you have any male ones?"

"Yeah, I think we do," she says, levitating a Pokeball over to you. "One male Ralts for you," she says. "You're one of us with full rights and privledges befiting a Psychic in Saffron City."

Level 5 Male Ralts, Lazy, Synchronize

Expensive, eh? Not exactly a selling point for a discerning customer like myself.

He rummages in his belly button with one finger, as if looking for loose change. He then pulls the finger out, sniffs it, and offers his hand to the man.

Paul Ticker, here to buy a little something for my man Buck. According to my...uhhh....dax, it's TM number Q!*/. But I'm pretty sure I remember it being TM 02, Dragon Claw. Any in stock?

"By expensive I meant you likely couldn't afford any of our wares," the man says in a snobby tone. "But we do have one in stock. It is our last one. It will be," he messes with his handheld a bit, "^6,000, plus a small fee for application, making the grand total ^7,000," he says, looking at you. "Can you afford that?"

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 08:58 PM
"By expensive I meant you likely couldn't afford any of our wares," the man says in a snobby tone. "But we do have one in stock. It is our last one. It will be," he messes with his handheld a bit, "^6,000, plus a small fee for application, making the grand total ^7,000," he says, looking at you. "Can you afford that?"

Paul turns up his nose.

Outrageous. Treating a champion trainer this way. I'll pay ^6,100 and not a bit more.

Arcran
2012-04-21, 09:01 PM
Paul turns up his nose.

Outrageous. Treating a champion trainer this way. I'll pay ^6,100 and not a bit more.

"Sir, the price is ^7,000. If you refuse to pay that I suggest you look for service somewhere else."

One last try to talk down. CHA check.

Esprit15
2012-04-21, 09:08 PM
"Thank you very much." She takes the ball and lets the little Ralts out to introduce herself to her new friend. Hey little guy. I'm Artemis, your trainer.

As she communes to the Ralts, she tries to simultaneously talk to the girls. "You know, I wonder if that boy might be an Influential just playing dumb. Maybe we should test him to see how good a Psychic he is." She smiles mischievously at Taylor. Though I could always be wrong on him.

hustlertwo
2012-04-21, 09:13 PM
I can do the check if you want, ( [roll0] ) but I think I'd rather try to think outside the box a bit.

An evil grin spreads across the Ace Trainer's face.

Of course, I understand. Classy joint like this, you must be angling for me to do a public appearance. You're in luck; I have got nothing but time on my hands after a quick meeting this afternoon. I can hang out in your store all day long, helping to bring in business with my devastating good lucks and obvious prowess with Pokemon. Or you can give me the machine for ^6,100 now, and I can find something else to occupy my day. Act fast, this offer is valid for a limited time only.

Eshkigal
2012-04-21, 09:39 PM
Gerald looks at the pidgey. Common pokemon, tend to stay away and blast things with wind. Would probably keep too far away for attacks to be reliable, and Sparky would have to get into the middle of things, which would be bad. Ollie probably wouldn't even reach them...
Best to take another look around in case something else could even the playing field first.
[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-21, 10:23 PM
'Well, apart from being a pokemon breeder I travel the world. I've been to Hoenn, traveled across Sinnoh and just recently returned from a trip round Unova. Stangely I've never been to Johto. Not yet anyway. As for a job, I drift from job to job. Done a lot of things, never stuck to one. But who knows, maybe this job with' he reads his letter 'Silph Co. will change all that. After all, they picked me rather than me applying to them. That's a good sign, right. And what about you? What do you do when not at the dojo? Do you have a job around here?'

Arcran
2012-04-21, 11:58 PM
"Thank you very much." She takes the ball and lets the little Ralts out to introduce herself to her new friend. Hey little guy. I'm Artemis, your trainer.

As she communes to the Ralts, she tries to simultaneously talk to the girls. "You know, I wonder if that boy might be an Influential just playing dumb. Maybe we should test him to see how good a Psychic he is." She smiles mischievously at Taylor. Though I could always be wrong on him.

Trainer? I am Ralts. I am Pokemon. I am for trainers, the Pokemon replies telepathically in a voice that seems monotone, even for telepathic speech.

"Make him do the test..... Now that's an idea!" she says with a sadistic grin. "If we find him, we'll have him do it. This'll be fun!" she says, clearly excited.

I can do the check if you want, ( [roll0] ) but I think I'd rather try to think outside the box a bit.

An evil grin spreads across the Ace Trainer's face.

Of course, I understand. Classy joint like this, you must be angling for me to do a public appearance. You're in luck; I have got nothing but time on my hands after a quick meeting this afternoon. I can hang out in your store all day long, helping to bring in business with my devastating good lucks and obvious prowess with Pokemon. Or you can give me the machine for ^6,100 now, and I can find something else to occupy my day. Act fast, this offer is valid for a limited time only.

"Battle outside to bring in cutsomers...." the main trails off, looking around the admitedly empty store. "Alright, I'll make you a deal. You come here tommorrow and battle out front for three hours and do at least four fights, and the TM is yours for ^5,000," the man says. "Just having a fight nearby may be enough to pull customers in," he says. "Can you get a group of trainers together by tommorrow?"

Gerald looks at the pidgey. Common pokemon, tend to stay away and blast things with wind. Would probably keep too far away for attacks to be reliable, and Sparky would have to get into the middle of things, which would be bad. Ollie probably wouldn't even reach them...
Best to take another look around in case something else could even the playing field first.
[roll0]

Unfortunately, the pickings are slim. You manage to find a small rat poking around the edges of the grass, but besides that you can only see the birds.

'Well, apart from being a pokemon breeder I travel the world. I've been to Hoenn, traveled across Sinnoh and just recently returned from a trip round Unova. Stangely I've never been to Johto. Not yet anyway. As for a job, I drift from job to job. Done a lot of things, never stuck to one. But who knows, maybe this job with' he reads his letter 'Silph Co. will change all that. After all, they picked me rather than me applying to them. That's a good sign, right. And what about you? What do you do when not at the dojo? Do you have a job around here?'

"Silph? Never knew they were into the breeding scene," she says, a smirk on her face as if she knows a secret. "You don't look like the usual nerds they pick up, meaning you must be.... Yeah, you're part of it, aren't you?" she says, not clarifying what 'it' is. "As for my job, well, let's just say the Dojo offers a full time job for those with the appropriate skills."

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:20 AM
"Hang on with the birds, Ethan-I've scanned them before, and they can be nasty little things in a group so high up. Never have to get in striking distance, you see. Let me just try the rodent first, and get Ollie into position to strike. Sometimes you can get lucky..."
Eddie moves forward, Sparky ready to attack if this fails. About 5 meters away, he drops the toolkit and pulls out a pokeball, which he tosses at the rat.
[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:24 AM
The Pokeball bounces off the Rattata, not even coming close to a catch. It takes off down the road.

It is now 10 away.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 12:25 AM
Kind of dull. Weren't psychics the smartest normally? Okay, reprogramming time. Trainer's name is Artemis. Pokémon's name is Prolios. Artemis recalls the Ralts. "Shame about the lack of personality in him. He's young; he'll probably gain one as he spends some time with us." Artemis tries to remember where she saw him go, but as far as she could remember he was running out of the Gym when she threatened him. "Darn, I don't seem to remember where he went. I'll keep an eye out for him. Can I get your number, while I'm remembering?" She looks at the time as she puts the numbers in.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 12:25 AM
Paul is surprised; for once the old Ticker charm actually managed to charm someone. Yeah, I think I can get some guys together. There's always a few suckers around who want to battle at the drop of a hat. Wave a couple bucks in their face and they'll step over their own grandmas to join in. Don't suppose I could get the TM first for the ^5,000? Might need the added oomph for the battles you want. You don't have to worry about me running out on ya; I'm too famous to blend into the crowd anyhow.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:27 AM
Gerald shrugs. You note he only has one full shoulder.
"Didn't get the spin right...easier when I had both arms."

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:28 AM
Kind of dull. Weren't psychics the smartest normally? Okay, reprogramming time. Trainer's name is Artemis. Pokémon's name is Prolios. Artemis recalls the Ralts. "Shame about the lack of personality in him. He's young; he'll probably gain one as he spends some time with us." Artemis tries to remember where she saw him go, but as far as she could remember he was running out of the Gym when she threatened him. "Darn, I don't seem to remember where he went. I'll keep an eye out for him. Can I get your number, while I'm remembering?" She looks at the time as she puts the numbers in.

"We like them obedient, have the Breeders do that for us," Jessica says. "Keeps them from getting ideas."

The two give you their numbers. The time is now 11:00.

Paul is surprised; for once the old Ticker charm actually managed to charm someone. Yeah, I think I can get some guys together. There's always a few suckers around who want to battle at the drop of a hat. Wave a couple bucks in their face and they'll step over their own grandmas to join in. Don't suppose I could get the TM first for the ^5,000? Might need the added oomph for the battles you want. You don't have to worry about me running out on ya; I'm too famous to blend into the crowd anyhow.

The man shakes his head. "Look, you had a good idea. Don't push your luck," he says, walking off to help the only other customer in the store.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 12:29 AM
Ethan scans both the Rattata and the Pidgey and then releases Ollie. Ollie, after the Rattata! Ollie starts off with a roll and attempts to chase down the rat.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:30 AM
"Let it go. It wasn't worth much anyway, and I can repair the ball, probably."

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 12:32 AM
"Good point. Don't want them to do anything stupid. Or too smart. Well, I think I'm going to stop by the store. See if I can find a TM for the new guy. See you guys around." She gives a handshake (perhaps just a bit too strongly) and briskly jogs to the store to try and find a TM.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 12:34 AM
Fair enough. Ethan continues scanning around. If he found nothing of interest this time he head back into the city, not wanting to waste anymore time.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:34 AM
Ethan scans both the Rattata and the Pidgey and then releases Ollie. Ollie, after the Rattata! Ollie starts off with a roll and attempts to chase down the rat.

Try as the Phanpy might, it cannot catch the Rattata and it soon dissapears into the brush.

"Good point. Don't want them to do anything stupid. Or too smart. Well, I think I'm going to stop by the store. See if I can find a TM for the new guy. See you guys around." She gives a handshake (perhaps just a bit too strongly) and briskly jogs to the store to try and find a TM.

They both wave goodbye before you head out.

You soon find yourself in an almost desolate Pokemart. The lone attendant is helping somebody else, and a large man in a very small shirt is looking at TMs.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:35 AM
Gerald looks around as he kneels down, pulling out a tool kit and working on the ball.
[roll0]-repair
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:36 AM
Fair enough. Ethan continues scanning around. If he found nothing of interest this time he head back into the city, not wanting to waste anymore time.

[roll0]

You see a small black nose poking out of the grass.... Could it be another Rattata?

hustlertwo
Paul shrugs.

Worth a shot. See you tomorrow.

Once back outside he looks to his Scraggy.

That went well, Buck. Now let's see if we can snag a pal for you on the way.

Paul heads to any area that contains wild Pokemon that is no more than fifteen minutes walk from Silph Co.

Esprit15
Yikes, empty here. "Excuse me, would I be able to buy a TM for Will-o-Wisp here and get it applied?" She scans what the other guy is there for.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 12:40 AM
Ethan sneers. Another Rattata. C'mon, lets head back. This is pointless. He recalls Ollie before heading back towards the City, making sure to stay on the route.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:42 AM
"Really? Well-ah, blast!"
He finds the problem, and while it's mostly repaired, there's a small yet vital piece that cracked. That would take more care than could be provided out here. Gerald tucks it into the toolkit, the contents of which barely shook in the fall.
"Fine with me. It's probably getting close to time anyway."
He follows Ethan, Sparky still on his shoulder.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:42 AM
Paul shrugs.

Worth a shot. See you tomorrow.

Once back outside he looks to his Scraggy.

That went well, Buck. Now let's see if we can snag a pal for you on the way.

Paul heads to any area that contains wild Pokemon that is no more than fifteen minutes walk from Silph Co.

Unfortunately, for any true Wild Pokemon you would have to leave the city. Just when you'd given up hope, you see a small pidgeon on a rooftop.

Yikes, empty here. "Excuse me, would I be able to buy a TM for Will-o-Wisp here and get it applied?" She scans what the other guy is there for.

The man looks over at you. "Why yes, yes you can," he says, smiling. "Just give me a second," he says, wrapping up his sale. "Now, that'll be ^2,000 please."

Ethan sneers. Another Rattata. C'mon, lets head back. This is pointless. He recalls Ollie before heading back towards the City, making sure to stay on the route.

You soon find yourself back at Saffron's Gates.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:45 AM
Gerald takes one last look around the route. Never know...
[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 12:48 AM
On your way back to the town you almost trip over a rock in the road. Then the rock grows arms and hoists itself up, a thick gravely cry coming from its throat.

Ethan knows it is a Geodude from his studies.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 12:48 AM
"Dang, 1,000 just to apply it... Oh well, I'm in too much of a rush to try and haggle. Things took a tad longer than expected at the gym." She hands him the 2,000. "And here is the guy I want it applied to," she says, handing him the ball for the Ralts. "If you have any trouble with him, let me know."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 12:55 AM
Ethan throws Ollie's pokeball out releasing the mininature elephant. He also scans the geodude. Ollie, use Tackle.

[roll0] hits on 3+e
[roll1]

HP: 46/46
Def: 10
S.Def: 5
Speed: 4

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 12:56 AM
"Sparky, web it."
Sparky breathes in, and then spits out a massive amount of gunk that brings the geodude back down to earth, trapping it. (Spider web-center move, auto trap, can't miss)

HP: 31
Def: 6
Sp. Def: 6
Spd: 6

Arcran
2012-04-22, 01:05 AM
"Dang, 1,000 just to apply it... Oh well, I'm in too much of a rush to try and haggle. Things took a tad longer than expected at the gym." She hands him the 2,000. "And here is the guy I want it applied to," she says, handing him the ball for the Ralts. "If you have any trouble with him, let me know."

"Thank you," the man says, pulling out the TM. "Give us a few hours with it and your Pokemon will be Burning everything like crazy. Pleasure doing bussiness with ya'," he says, walking into the back with both the Ralts and the TM, putting the cash in the register as he does so.

"Sparky, web it."
Sparky breathes in, and then spits out a massive amount of gunk that brings the geodude back down to earth, trapping it. (Spider web-center move, auto trap, can't miss)

HP: 31
Def: 6
Sp. Def: 6
Spd: 6

The Geodude strains against he webbing, but can't quite break free. It settles for curling into a ball, boosting it's Defense.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 01:08 AM
Gerald lets Sparky down, and readies a pokeball.
"Give it the wake up call."
and then Sparky lets loose with an ear piercing screech.
[roll0]-4, drops 2 defense stages.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 01:10 AM
Ollie, once again. Ram it.

[roll0] 3+e
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 01:32 AM
"Perfect, call me when he's done." She writes her number down and leaves it on the counter. She leaves and memorizes the name and location of the business.

After a few minutes of walking, she finally arrives at the Silph Co. Building. Gods, that thing is giant! She walks in and looks for the proper receptionist. There she is, third from the right. As she walks up, she begins speaking to the woman. Apologies if I am early. Do I have to actually verbally say 'Blast off at the speed of light' or can I just communicate it to you this way and not waist the time trying to think of some Tauros-crap excuse to verbally say it. There is not logical reason for a person just a year out of trainer's school to be here, let alone talking about speed of light travel, which is by the way a terrible idea while still in the atmosphere. I'll play along though if it is required. She finishes the thought by the time she's actually in front of the desk. "I'm here for my job interview. Applicant name is Artemis Frerin." She makes sure her hair is tied back and corrects a few strays, attempting to look like a regular young adult looking for a job. I figured some verbal interaction was still important to not appear too unusual.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 06:54 AM
'Oh, so we're both keeping secrets?' He wiggles his eyebrows at her. 'I like that.' He doesn't admit to her he has no idea what "it" is.

'So how about we get something to eat now' he waives over a waitor 'then you accompany me, show me where this Silph Co is? Then, later tonight, me you and a bottle of Cherubi wine celebrate my new job tonight? I might not be as strong as you, but I do know a great way to burn calories. And it's also great stress relief.'

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 07:25 AM
Unfortunately, for any true Wild Pokemon you would have to leave the city. Just when you'd given up hope, you see a small pidgeon on a rooftop.

Paul whips out the 'dax to scan, then looks at Buck.

That one's a little out of reach for you at the moment. Let's see if we can sneak up on it.

He looks to see what sort of building it is, and whether they can freely get up to the rooftop where the bird is perched.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 09:59 AM
Gerald lets Sparky down, and readies a pokeball.
"Give it the wake up call."
and then Sparky lets loose with an ear piercing screech.
[roll0]-4, drops 2 defense stages.

The Geodude groans in pain as the noise penetrates its thick hide.

Ollie, once again. Ram it.

[roll0] 3+e
[roll1]
Ollie tries to hit it, he really does, but he bounces harlmelessly of its hide. The creature curls into a ball again, trying to escape more damage.

"Perfect, call me when he's done." She writes her number down and leaves it on the counter. She leaves and memorizes the name and location of the business.

After a few minutes of walking, she finally arrives at the Silph Co. Building. Gods, that thing is giant! She walks in and looks for the proper receptionist. There she is, third from the right. As she walks up, she begins speaking to the woman. Apologies if I am early. Do I have to actually verbally say 'Blast off at the speed of light' or can I just communicate it to you this way and not waist the time trying to think of some Tauros-crap excuse to verbally say it. There is not logical reason for a person just a year out of trainer's school to be here, let alone talking about speed of light travel, which is by the way a terrible idea while still in the atmosphere. I'll play along though if it is required. She finishes the thought by the time she's actually in front of the desk. "I'm here for my job interview. Applicant name is Artemis Frerin." She makes sure her hair is tied back and corrects a few strays, attempting to look like a regular young adult looking for a job. I figured some verbal interaction was still important to not appear too unusual.

The receptionist smiles at you pleasantly. "Thank you for your prompt arrival. You will need this for your meeting," she says, passing you an envelope. "Have a nice day!"

'Oh, so we're both keeping secrets?' He wiggles his eyebrows at her. 'I like that.' He doesn't admit to her he has no idea what "it" is.

'So how about we get something to eat now' he waives over a waitor 'then you accompany me, show me where this Silph Co is? Then, later tonight, me you and a bottle of Cherubi wine celebrate my new job tonight? I might not be as strong as you, but I do know a great way to burn calories. And it's also great stress relief.'

"You know, I'd like that," she says, looking you over. "Your place or mine?" she asks, ordering her dinner as she does so.

Paul whips out the 'dax to scan, then looks at Buck.

That one's a little out of reach for you at the moment. Let's see if we can sneak up on it.

He looks to see what sort of building it is, and whether they can freely get up to the rooftop where the bird is perched.

Pidgey - The Thanksgiving Pokemon
Pidgey is a Flying/Normal Type Pokemon. Nowadays it is commonly eaten on Thanksgiving. Most stuff it inside a Pidgeotto, then a Pidgeot, to create Pidgepidgepidge, a delicacy in the nation of Sarakan.

What Thanksgiving or Sarakan are, you don't know. You've never heard of either. But the bird likely is a Flying Type, that's for sure.

The building seems to be a standard apartment complex. If you climbed the fire escape on the outside you might be able to reach it with a good throw.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 10:15 AM
Artemis thanks the receptionist, finds a spot to sit and reads what's in the envelope.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 10:32 AM
Artemis thanks the receptionist, finds a spot to sit and reads what's in the envelope.

Inside the envelop is a key card and a note.

Use the elevator to arrive at the meeting. When the elevator is empty, insert the keycard into the slit above the floor buttons. This will take you to your destination.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 10:38 AM
"Hm." Just a simple "Hm." She hadn't ever seen a card key before. She gets up and looks for an elevator, taking it with whoever gets on and finally using the key when all the people on the elevator have gotten off.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 10:53 AM
"Hm." Just a simple "Hm." She hadn't ever seen a card key before. She gets up and looks for an elevator, taking it with whoever gets on and finally using the key when all the people on the elevator have gotten off.

It takes a few minutes, but eventually the evevator is empty. You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another. When you exit the elevator cries of 'Fresh meat!' come from all around. They don't seem hostile, just making fun of the new guy- er, girl. You feel at least six or seven people read your mind as well.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 11:00 AM
Well I see that mental privacy doesn't exist here. She walks out of the elevator, rolling her eyes at the razzing from the older employees, and quickly walks into the office.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 11:02 AM
Well I see that mental privacy doesn't exist here. She walks out of the elevator, rolling her eyes at the razzing from the older employees, and quickly walks into the office.

An older woman sits at a desk, wearing professional clothing. She glances at a clock. "You're early. I like that. Take a seat, we'll have to wait for the rest of your compatriots."

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 11:15 AM
Artemis nods politely and waits as instructed, reviewing the information on her new catch and sightings.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 12:53 PM
'Your place. If we get too loud we'll keep all the other guests at my hotel awake.' He trades numbers with her then orders his own dinner, ordering a burger and fresh water.

'Anything you can tell me about Silph Co then? Other than the usual, manufactor pokeballs, make TM's, biggest company on the planet, rival of Devon Corps. What are they really like? Anything I should know?'

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 01:32 PM
"This could take a while..."
He pulls out a great ball. Couldn't hurt, right?
"I know this probably won't work, but we are on a schedule. Got something more likely to hurt it if this doesn't take?"
He tosses the great ball.
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 01:41 PM
A triple Pidge...sounds delish. But I giess right now we need it a bit more for the whole, y'know, training thing. Kinda reminds me of my old Fearow, Scooter. Y'know, before I sold him to that Sinnoh cuisine restaurant at $4.95 a pound.

Paul huffs and puffs to climb up the fire escape. He calls down to his Scraggy.

Buck! Come on up here and be ready if I miss 'em; I've got an idea on how to lure him in.

The small creature does as he is asked, standing beside his corpulent trainer on the fire escape.

Haven't done this in a while...here goes nuttin'.

The ball is heaved toward the bird.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 01:52 PM
'Your place. If we get too loud we'll keep all the other guests at my hotel awake.' He trades numbers with her then orders his own dinner, ordering a burger and fresh water.

'Anything you can tell me about Silph Co then? Other than the usual, manufactor pokeballs, make TM's, biggest company on the planet, rival of Devon Corps. What are they really like? Anything I should know?'

"You really don't know?" she asks increduolously. "You're getting hired by Silph and you don't what they do? I'll tell you more tonight, a place like this is a terrible place to talk about something like that," she says, clearly suprised.

Your food soon comes. It soon comes and is pretty good. Probably going to give you a heart attack in a few minutes from the amount of fat on it, but good.

"You ready to go?" she asks as the waiter brings the bill of ^400.

"This could take a while..."
He pulls out a great ball. Couldn't hurt, right?
"I know this probably won't work, but we are on a schedule. Got something more likely to hurt it if this doesn't take?"
He tosses the great ball.
[roll0]

The ball collides with the Geodude, absorbing it.

Click...
Click......
Click.........
DING!

The ball glows brown for a second, indicating a catch.

Level 7 Female Geodude, Adamant, Sturdy

A triple Pidge...sounds delish. But I giess right now we need it a bit more for the whole, y'know, training thing. Kinda reminds me of my old Fearow, Scooter. Y'know, before I sold him to that Sinnoh cuisine restaurant at $4.95 a pound.

Paul huffs and puffs to climb up the fire escape. He calls down to his Scraggy.

Buck! Come on up here and be ready if I miss 'em; I've got an idea on how to lure him in.

The small creature does as he is asked, standing beside his corpulent trainer on the fire escape.

Haven't done this in a while...here goes nuttin'.

The ball is heaved toward the bird.

[roll0]

The ball absorbs the creature with a terrified screech.

Click...
Click......
Click..........
DING!

The ball glows white for a second, indicating a catch.

Level 4 Male Pidgey, Desperate, Tangled Feet

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 02:04 PM
Gerald goes to the ball, picks it up, and after looking at it for a minute, offers it to Ethan.
"Here. In case we come across pidgeys again."

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 02:33 PM
Paul boosts Buck up to retrieve the ball.

Yep, Paulie, you still got it. Let's book it to the meeting, Buck.

The pair descend carefully, and Paul calls the Scraggy into its capsule as he heads to Silph at a quick waddle. Once there, he looks around to see the time, as well as whether anyone else appears to be waiting for the meeting.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 02:35 PM
Paul boosts Buck up to retrieve the ball.

Yep, Paulie, you still got it. Let's book it to the meeting, Buck.

The pair descend carefully, and Paul calls the Scraggy into its capsule as he heads to Silph at a quick waddle. Once there, he looks around to see the time, as well as whether anyone else appears to be waiting for the meeting.

You soon find yourself outside the massive Silph Co. for the second time that day. As you enter, you notice two girls, one with an Espeon by her leg, waiting outside the building, sitting on a bench.

As you enter, the secretary from earlier calls you over almost immediately. "A message for you sir. Apparently it is quite urgent."

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 02:40 PM
Paul temporarily forgets to be so crude and repellent as he hurries over to the secretary.

A message for me? What is it?

Arcran
2012-04-22, 02:43 PM
Paul temporarily forgets to be so crude and repellent as he hurries over to the secretary.

A message for me? What is it?

She hands you a small envelope that seems to have been recently opened. She takes great pains to not touch you as she hands it to you. "The details are inside."

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 02:47 PM
Paul opens the letter with a moist finger and reads the contents.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 02:49 PM
There are two notes inside, and a key card. The first note reads,

Use the elevator to arrive at the meeting. When the elevator is empty, insert the keycard into the slit above the floor buttons. This will take you to your destination.

The keycard is attachted to the other one. The other one reads,

If you every hit on me again, I will remove your testicles from your body.
Sincerely,
Janet

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 02:49 PM
Ethan is taken aback, a small experession of surprise on his face. He grabs the ball from Gerald's hand and pockets it. Thank you he says somewhat hesitantly but I believe we should get going back to Silph Co. We don't want to be late. He heads back into the gate at a swift pace flashing his ID on his way in.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 02:51 PM
You soon arrive at Silph Co. The clocks read 10:57, which is pushing it. A few desks sit in the room and a small crowd of people pulses through the area.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 02:59 PM
Paul heads toward the elevators, giving the woman a wave as he does so.

See you later, Janet. Thanks for the heads-up on keeping my other head out of the equation.

Paul waits inside the elevator until the other passengers have disembarked, then slips the card into the slot, remarking to himself with a moment of wistfulness that he wouldn't be doing that with Janet anytime soon.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 03:02 PM
Paul heads toward the elevators, giving the woman a wave as he does so.

See you later, Janet. Thanks for the heads-up on keeping my other head out of the equation.

Paul waits inside the elevator until the other passengers have disembarked, then slips the card into the slot, remarking to himself with a moment of wistfulness that he wouldn't be doing that with Janet anytime soon.

The secretary somehow manages to flip you off without anybody noticing as you pass.

The elevator clears quickly; seems like people don't like being in confined spaces with a large, smelly man. Who knew?

You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another. A large number of people seem to be working on various projects. There's even a bar. Cries of "Lotta fresh meat!" and "A Wild Snorlax has appeared!" echo throughout the area.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 03:05 PM
Ethan quickly walks over to the third receptionist on the right. He despised having to say something so stupid but he had too anyway. He grabs Gerald's arm with him, not wanting to waste anymore time. Phew, I'm not late. We should have blasted off at the speed of light to get here earlier shouldn't we?

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 03:08 PM
Romeo pays ^440, giving a 10% tip. Then he holds his arm out to Stacey and twirls his hat. 'Let us go milady.'

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 03:09 PM
Paul, never one to shirk a challenge, merely holds his trophy up high.

Mind yourselves, mendicants; a true champion has entered your midst. That's right, it's THE Paul Ticker. No doubt you saw my matches during my youth, and now I'm back and better than ever.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 03:12 PM
Ethan quickly walks over to the third receptionist on the right. He despised having to say something so stupid but he had too anyway. He grabs Gerald's arm with him, not wanting to waste anymore time. Phew, I'm not late. We should have blasted off at the speed of light to get here earlier shouldn't we?

The receptionist looks at the two of you. "At least the two of you have more class than the last guy," she says, pulling out two packages and handing one to each of you. "We hope you enjoy conducting bussiness in our lovely facility."

Arcran
2012-04-22, 03:15 PM
Romeo pays ^440, giving a 10% tip. Then he holds his arm out to Stacey and twirls his hat. 'Let us go milady.'

"Of course," she says, walking with you, making idle conversation as you head towards Silph Co. When you are about to arrive, you see something that makes you hesitate for a second. Jessica and her friend are sitting on a bench outside of Silph Co. They somehow haven't seen you yet, fortunately.

"Having second thoughts?" she says as you pause. "Don't worry, the rewards are well worth the risk."

Paul, never one to shirk a challenge, merely holds his trophy up high.

Mind yourselves, mendicants; a true champion has entered your midst. That's right, it's THE Paul Ticker. No doubt you saw my matches during my youth, and now I'm back and better than ever.

There is a collective laugh from everybody around the room. "What did you do, eat them!" you hear somebody shout to a very large laugh.

"Just get in here you idiot," you hear a woman say. Turning towards the office you see an older woman looking at you with annoyance.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 03:19 PM
Ethan quickly opens the envelope and follows the instructions, without a word to Gerald. He waits in the elevator with Gerald till the right moment and sticks in the card key as instructed.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 03:32 PM
Paul flushes a bit, tries in vain to yank his shirt down over his protruding gut and moves toward the woman.

Jealous, the lot of them. Roll them all together and they wouldn't equal me...no, wait, better not say that one too loud, never hear the end of it.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 03:32 PM
'I'll show you risks!' He grabs Stacey and sweeps her off her feet, the shoves his tounge down her throat. Then, before she can say anything, he and Elly make their way to the building. 'Tonight my dear. Look forward to it, I know I will.'

He dashes into the building, out of line of sight of Jessica, and runs up to the secretary he's supposed to meet. 'Blast off at the speed of light, I've got an evening of delight. I've met two stars who shine so bright. I'll be with one and worn out tonight. I'm here for the interview. Mr Versa,but you can call me Romeo.' At no point does he lower his voice or try to be subtle. Subtle was not a part of Romeo's vocabulary.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 03:35 PM
Paul flushes a bit, tries in vain to yank his shirt down over his protruding gut and moves toward the woman.

Jealous, the lot of them. Roll them all together and they wouldn't equal me...no, wait, better not say that one too loud, never hear the end of it.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 03:46 PM
Ethan quickly opens the envelope and follows the instructions, without a word to Gerald. He waits in the elevator with Gerald till the right moment and sticks in the card key as instructed.
The elevator soon clears.
You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another.

A woman yells at you. "You are late. Get in here now."

"No, you wouldn't. Now shut up and take a seat," she says, eyeing your large belly.

'I'll show you risks!' He grabs Stacey and sweeps her off her feet, the shoves his tounge down her throat. Then, before she can say anything, he and Elly make their way to the building. 'Tonight my dear. Look forward to it, I know I will.'

He dashes into the building, out of line of sight of Jessica, and runs up to the secretary he's supposed to meet. 'Blast off at the speed of light, I've got an evening of delight. I've met two stars who shine so bright. I'll be with one and worn out tonight. I'm here for the interview. Mr Versa,but you can call me Romeo.' At no point does he lower his voice or try to be subtle. Subtle was not a part of Romeo's vocabulary.

"Goodbye!" she cries from behind you. She hadn't had time to respond to your dashing show of galantry, but she seems to have enjoyed it. Somehow you get in without a Psychic noticing you, something to be proud of.

"Another one? Holy crap," she mutters, handing you a package. You follow the same procedure as the rest, soon appearing on the bottom floor of the store. You are the last one to arrive, most of the others already having taken a seat.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 03:47 PM
The elevator soon clears.
You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another.

A woman yells at you. "You are late. Get in here now."

"No, you wouldn't. Now shut up and take a seat," she says, eyeing your large belly.

"Goodbye!" she cries from behind you. She hadn't had time to respond to your dashing show of galantry, but she seems to have enjoyed it. Somehow you get in without a Psychic noticing you, something to be proud of.

"Another one? Holy crap," she mutters, handing you a package. You follow the same procedure as the rest, soon appearing on the bottom floor of the store. You are the last one to arrive, most of the others already having taken a seat.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 03:54 PM
Paul takes a seat, and for once has the good sense to remain silent.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 04:00 PM
Well I seem to have made the best first impression out of everyone here. She puts away her Pokédex, then looks at the newcomers. She freezes as Romeo walks in. HIM!? Really!? How in the Hells did they choose him!? Now that she thought about it, none of them really belonged. A crippled, an absolute slob and some manwhore. Her and the last man were the only ones who seemed to fit in at all, and that's only because there was nothing outwardly off about him. Actually, now that she looks at his mind, he might be the most qualified. Not a Psychic, but a bit smarter than her. Probably brought on as a scientist or something. And here she was, a Psychic with a bit of training in battle.

She realized that she was thinking a bit loudly, and apologizes to the recruiter if she could hear her.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 04:01 PM
With a small courteous bow, My apologies. Ethan takes a seat without another word. Too many words can spoil what little respect they have left for him.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 04:04 PM
'Paul Ticker? The Paul Ticker!?!' Romeo rushes over to Pual and grabs him by the arm, giving him a hearty handshake. 'I grew up watching you battle sir. For a second I almost didn't recognise you, but I'm sure it's you. The one and only ex-champ, Paul Ticker.'

He takes out a tissue and wipes his hand afterwards. Even if he was a childhood hero, there were still levels of cleanliness.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 04:15 PM
Paul beams at his admirer; despite his bluster he was rarely recognized by anyone unless he was at a convention sitting next to one of his moldy old cardboard cutouts. And even then it was only because he went to great pains to wear the same clothers as he had when the cutout's picture was taken.

That's why I love this business, getting to meet fans like you. Clearly my positive influence made you the charming, upstanding fellow you are today. Got anything you want signed, sport? Or here, I'll just give you a little something extra you can tell your buddies about when you're chatting on your Pokedax.

He moves with surprising speed and enfolds Romeo in a sweaty, grimy hug. The sensation is that of being caught in a cave-in where the cave walls were pink, hairy, and had visible psoriasis.

Let it never be said Paul Ticker wouldn't go the extra mile for his adoring public.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 04:19 PM
The woman makes no response to Artemis. If she is Psychic, she isn't showing

The woman clears her voice for silence. With a flick of her wrist the door shuts. Maybe she is Psychic after all.

"Now then, since we're all here at," she glances at her watch, "12:08," she says with a glare at Romeo. "We can begin. Say your name, where you're from, introduce yourself to the group. Then tell me, why did you all choose to accept? And why do you think we recruited all of you?" she says, her gaze giving the impression that you're under the lens of a very large microscope.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 04:31 PM
Ethan stands casually, readjusting his glasses as he does so. Looking forward, though not directly at the women but at some point in space behind her, he begins. I am Ethan Halsey of Pewter City. My skills are in the areas of pokemon science, an area I excel at. I accpeted this gracious invitation as science requires facilities. I heard that Team Rocket has some of the greatest facilities and don't ask too many questions. But I believe I was recruited for my ambition and my techincal knowledge, if not explicitly for my own personal dream project. Ethan gives a slight nod to the woman as he sits back down, content with his introduction.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 04:34 PM
Hm, she likes the science guy all the more. It also re-affirms her idea that this was connected to Team Rocket. She stands up. "Well, I am Artemis Frerin. I come from Mistralton, a smallish town in Unova. I am a Psychic, like the rest of my family, as well as a graduate of the Castellia School for Trainers. I accepted in part because I know Silph Co. to be a very successful company, though after looking at the men out there I am starting to conclude that they are not exactly a part of the more well known jobs of Silph Co. While I assumed they needed people to help with designs or testing of new products, now I am not sure. The R that appeared in the elevator suggests something to do with Team Rocket, but again I am unsure." She's sweating a bit and trips over some of the larger words, but overall appears confident, with the exception being when she states how unsure she is.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 05:18 PM
'Romeo, Romeo Versa. Breeder, lover, explorer, adventurer and all round life liver. I'm good with pokemon, even rare breeds.' He waves at Elly and produces his dragon egg. 'But my main skill is I'm a people pleaser. People respond to me, and I'm good at reading them as-well. As for why I'm here? Why not? You contacted me, and in a most unusual way. Surely I'm what you're looking for. I don't know why you are looking for me, but I know it's me you want. And any job where I can work alongside greats such as Paul Ticker is a job I'd be pleased to have.'

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 05:26 PM
Gerald stands up next, notably nervous but hand strangely still, after pulling out papers from his toolkit. Sparky is on his shoulder, gently patting his neck.
"Gerald Slate, of Fuchsia City. First off, I would like to apologize, as Ethan's tardiness and my own were my fault for not planning my time out better. I'm hoping I was recruited for my project in mapping out the human nervous system and making mechanical prosthetics to link into said nervous system and allow full functionality, as well as my skills as a craftsman and mechanic. However, I believe it is because of past events in my life and a record of reliability."
Artemis and any other psychics gets a quick glimpse of a man with a screwdriver stabbed into his throat, with a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg.
"I accepted for the chance to get funding for my design, test it on myself, and potentially get it into mass production, work with an organization of class and sophistication, and hopefully the chance of helping my home city with a pressing issue."
This time the image is of him strangling a man to death on top of very dead steel types, the scene filled with emotions of hatred.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 05:44 PM
Paul stand up last, clearing his throat and waving a hand at his new pal Romeo.

I am Paul Ticker, from Vermillion City right here in Kanto. I suppose I'm here because I'm the ideal recruit for an organization like this: I know the true secret to unlocking the strength of Pokemon can't be found by adhering to that whiny League's endless rules and regs, and that being one of the 'good guys' gets you nothing but a lot of boring nights and wasted potential. I have a name that can still open a few doors in the right circles, and no qualms about helping this group bust in once those doors are open and take everything that isn't nailed down. Or heck, maybe I'm just here because someone liked me back when I was just a little snot-nosed virgin, out there being the best, like no one ever was. I've been coasting on it for the last couple decades, why would this be any different?

He frowns, feeling he might have said too much, and sits down in a woosh, a small cloud of dandruff emerging from the impact.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 06:30 PM
Ethan stands casually, readjusting his glasses as he does so. Looking forward, though not directly at the women but at some point in space behind her, he begins. I am Ethan Halsey of Pewter City. My skills are in the areas of pokemon science, an area I excel at. I accpeted this gracious invitation as science requires facilities. I heard that Team Rocket has some of the greatest facilities and don't ask too many questions. But I believe I was recruited for my ambition and my techincal knowledge, if not explicitly for my own personal dream project. Ethan gives a slight nod to the woman as he sits back down, content with his introduction.

The woman gives a nod back, obviously pleased.

Hm, she likes the science guy all the more. It also re-affirms her idea that this was connected to Team Rocket. She stands up. "Well, I am Artemis Frerin. I come from Mistralton, a smallish town in Unova. I am a Psychic, like the rest of my family, as well as a graduate of the Castellia School for Trainers. I accepted in part because I know Silph Co. to be a very successful company, though after looking at the men out there I am starting to conclude that they are not exactly a part of the more well known jobs of Silph Co. While I assumed they needed people to help with designs or testing of new products, now I am not sure. The R that appeared in the elevator suggests something to do with Team Rocket, but again I am unsure." She's sweating a bit and trips over some of the larger words, but overall appears confident, with the exception being when she states how unsure she is.

"Yes, we are Rocket," she says with an obliging smile. "You've been recruited dear. We know how powerful your Hex Maniac family is; we could use another strong Psychic."

'Romeo, Romeo Versa. Breeder, lover, explorer, adventurer and all round life liver. I'm good with pokemon, even rare breeds.' He waves at Elly and produces his dragon egg. 'But my main skill is I'm a people pleaser. People respond to me, and I'm good at reading them as-well. As for why I'm here? Why not? You contacted me, and in a most unusual way. Surely I'm what you're looking for. I don't know why you are looking for me, but I know it's me you want. And any job where I can work alongside greats such as Paul Ticker is a job I'd be pleased to have.'

"Yes, we know of your people skills. That was precisely why we contacted you. We hope you will be able to deliver."

Gerald stands up next, notably nervous but hand strangely still, after pulling out papers from his toolkit. Sparky is on his shoulder, gently patting his neck.
"Gerald Slate, of Fuchsia City. First off, I would like to apologize, as Ethan's tardiness and my own were my fault for not planning my time out better. I'm hoping I was recruited for my project in mapping out the human nervous system and making mechanical prosthetics to link into said nervous system and allow full functionality, as well as my skills as a craftsman and mechanic. However, I believe it is because of past events in my life and a record of reliability."
Artemis and any other psychics gets a quick glimpse of a man with a screwdriver stabbed into his throat, with a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg.
"I accepted for the chance to get funding for my design, test it on myself, and potentially get it into mass production, work with an organization of class and sophistication, and hopefully the chance of helping my home city with a pressing issue."
This time the image is of him strangling a man to death on top of very dead steel types, the scene filled with emotions of hatred.

The woman looks pleased with the gruesome images. "Good, just as violent as they said. We can get you that funding, but of course, you must understand you will owe us something in return."

Paul stand up last, clearing his throat and waving a hand at his new pal Romeo.

I am Paul Ticker, from Vermillion City right here in Kanto. I suppose I'm here because I'm the ideal recruit for an organization like this: I know the true secret to unlocking the strength of Pokemon can't be found by adhering to that whiny League's endless rules and regs, and that being one of the 'good guys' gets you nothing but a lot of boring nights and wasted potential. I have a name that can still open a few doors in the right circles, and no qualms about helping this group bust in once those doors are open and take everything that isn't nailed down. Or heck, maybe I'm just here because someone liked me back when I was just a little snot-nosed virgin, out there being the best, like no one ever was. I've been coasting on it for the last couple decades, why would this be any different?

He frowns, feeling he might have said too much, and sits down in a woosh, a small cloud of dandruff emerging from the impact.

"You were a good trainer once. And you still can be. We can give you the money you require to maintain your habits without selling your Pokemon. In exchange, the occasional hit, the random aquizition of a badge for us. You can handle that, correct?"

"Now, about our recruitment process. You have been selected because you show potential. Now, due to a recent slip up by our recruiters in Celadon City, our admission standards have been raised. Before you can join us we'll need you to do a few jobs. Due to the last recruits misusing their trial Pokemon, we've decided to not give those until after you pass an aptidtude test," she says, seeming angry about the recent slip up. "As you may know, Rocket dabbles in some less than legal ventures to enable us to keep our funds up. This job is simple, barely illegal in fact," she says.

"We have an intrest in a certain Pokemon that somebody in this city has aquired. An extraordinary Slugma we created a few weeks ago in one of our labs escaped into the wilds, only to be caught by an enterprising trainer. He is currently in Saffron, near the Fighitng Dojo. He is a novice Martial Artist and can be found often in the Dojo. His other known Pokemon are a Wartortle and a Rhyhorn. He is often found with another boy of about the same age. We are still collecting information on him. They are sixteen, meaning they are legally adults. We need that Slugma back before it is found out. If he were to breed it and mass produce it..." she trails off. "Well, we'd lose a very competitive edge. We pride ourselves on having the best Pokemon, and this is one," she says.

"Your first job, if you choose to accept, will be to aquire the Slugma through some sort of means. We would prefer the trainer to not be killed, but if you have no choice you may. His friend should stay alive too," she says.

"Any objections?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 06:37 PM
Ethan smiles, something rather rare for him. I'll gladly help my compatriots retrieve this Slugma, if that is what you require of us. Ethan bows, this time much deeper, trying to show greater respect than he is used to. His face is nearly parrallel with the ground.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 06:40 PM
Well this explained the recent deaths of those four people in Celadon. "Putting this out there for future reference: I don't do Hexing. I refuse to start such an easily mentally corrupting practice. In closer relation to the mission, what is our deadline, or will 'before it has been bred' suffice?"

Arcran
2012-04-22, 06:42 PM
Ethan smiles, something rather rare for him. I'll gladly help my compatriots retrieve this Slugma, if that is what you require of us. Ethan bows, this time much deeper, trying to show greater respect than he is used to. His face is nearly parrallel with the ground.

The woman waves her hand. "Don't bow, we're not weirdos like Team Plasma."

Well this explained the recent deaths of those four people in Celadon. "Putting this out there for future reference: I don't do Hexing. I refuse to start such an easily mentally corrupting practice. In closer relation to the mission, what is our deadline, or will 'before it has been bred' suffice?"

"Well the fact that you won't Hex is... unfortunate," she says, seemingly displeased. "We will give you three days to acquire the Slugma. After that, we will send professionals in if you are unable to acquire the Pokemon by that time."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 06:45 PM
My apologies. My mother always taught me to be respectful and courteous. He stands up and looks at his new teammates. Interesting would be an understatment. I believe a planning session is in order.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 06:54 PM
"I apologize, but I prefer my mind to remain my own, not that of spirits. I assure you I can still remain quite useful." She moves to bow, then remembering Ethan's scolding, stops herself. Different culture here, it seems. "Well, we should be off to plan." Artemis gives a nod to the woman, the only way she can think to show respect. Oh, and Romeo. Your girlfriend (the psychic one, not the martial artist) wanted you to follow us to the Gym. Best you follow lest I let slip some stray thought about what I overheard your thinking, hm? Artemis walks out the door and takes the elevator down. She walks outside.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 06:55 PM
"Understood. I would like to note that while I am still able and willing to do the jobs you sought me for, I am currently looking to cut back on previous...quantities of such jobs and express more distinct interest in capture and R&D in the future and the chance to develop social skills not related to that."
He considers the mission.
"You know enough about the trainer to consider this an easy mission. Do you have a dossier on pokemon he would likely trade for, or his friend would likely go for?"

Arcran
2012-04-22, 06:59 PM
"I apologize, but I prefer my mind to remain my own, not that of spirits. I assure you I can still remain quite useful." She moves to bow, then remembering Ethan's scolding, stops herself. Different culture here, it seems. "Well, we should be off to plan." Artemis gives a nod to the woman, the only way she can think to show respect. Oh, and Romeo. Your girlfriend (the psychic one, not the martial artist) wanted you to follow us to the Gym. Best you follow lest I let slip some stray thought about what I overheard your thinking, hm? Artemis walks out the door and takes the elevator down. She walks outside.

You soon find your way outside only to be ambushed by Jessica and Taylor. "So, you joined in?" they ask after a quick mind reading. "Welcome to the family!" they say, obviously pleased.

"Understood. I would like to note that while I am still able and willing to do the jobs you sought me for, I express more distinct interest in capture and R&D in the future and the chance to develop social skills not related to that."
He considers the mission.
"You know enough about the trainer to consider this an easy mission. Do you have a dossier on pokemon he would likely trade for, or his friend would likely go for?"

"Trade for the Slugma? Unlikely. This was one of our more successful expirements. Not only is it hardier than most, at a small cost to its speed, but it burns hotter than any other Slugma. Simply being in close proximity could cause a burn or worse. You would need an exceptional Pokemon for it."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 07:02 PM
That is disconcering but not hopeless. We must find a more creative solution to this situation then it seems. Seeing Artemis run off, he runs after her. Lets not try to split up till we have a course of action shall we? Motioning for the others to follow him and catch the stray psychic.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 07:04 PM
"Well not officially. We still have our sort of recruitment job. We do well, we're in. If not...well, we'll just have to do well." She trips over the 'we'll's and wells a bit. "How am I not surprised that you guys are a part of it." She laughs. She might actually make friends for a change! She directs her thoughts at Taylor. By the way, I told Romeo that your friend wanted him to come with us to the Gym. Also, he's already cheating on her. Does that thing throw rocks heavier than five pounds, by any chance?

Arcran
2012-04-22, 07:09 PM
"Well not officially. We still have our sort of recruitment job. We do well, we're in. If not...well, we'll just have to do well." She trips over the 'we'll's and wells a bit. "How am I not surprised that you guys are a part of it." She laughs. She might actually make friends for a change! She directs her thoughts at Taylor. By the way, I told Romeo that your friend wanted him to come with us to the Gym. Also, he's already cheating on her. Does that thing throw rocks heavier than five pounds, by any chance?

Bigger? No, five is as big as we could get with them still being hidden. But I have a supersized version of that snake. We could have it squeeze him a bit, she says, grinning maliciously.

"Your starter mission? That's new. We didn't have to-"
"That's because we killed the Rockets somebody hired to kill us Taylor," Jessica says in a tired tone.
"Oh, that's right," she says, somewhat sheepishly. "We dropped a bookcase on them. But stay loyal to them. The rewards can be really good if you play your cards right," she says, twisting her bracelet as she says so.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 07:09 PM
Romeo saunters after Jessica. I mean Artemis. Totally concentrating on the mission, not on getting tail.

'C'mon guys. Let's blast off!'

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 07:10 PM
Paul nods solmenly.

Yeah, I've already done some pretty lousy things in the name of broads, booze, and poison. What's a few more between friends?

He looks at the assembled trainers that are to be his de facto teammates.

And since we need to train up to take on someone with such powerful creatures, would y'all like to have an exhibition in front of the Poke Mart nearby? Owner wants me to have some fights out there to drum up business. I'll even chip in ^100 apiece for your time.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 07:12 PM
Romeo saunters after Jessica. I mean Artemis. Totally concentrating on the mission, not on getting tail.

'C'mon guys. Let's blast off!'

Jessica looks happy to see you, but is cut off by Taylor before she can say anything.
"Romeo! How are you?" she says, seeming to be very nice. "Look, us at the Saffron Gym have a rule about who we can date. You have to pass a test if you want to be with Jessica, alright?" she says, looking at you with eyes that seem slighlty angry. Jessica seems to be about to speak up, but she is silenced with a look.

"How about you head to the Gym with us and we'll see if you can pass it," she says.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 07:17 PM
"Don't worry, the test isn't that hard." Artemis smiles.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 07:18 PM
"Could be worthwhile. Could challenge the trainer."
He tucks the notes and blueprints away, then follows afterwards, vaguely considering getting Paul to bathe at gunpoint. Once out, he hears about the test.
"Test? Do you have to take it for access to facilities, too?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 07:21 PM
'Well, we are sort of in the middle of a job. How about tommorow? I don't want to leave the guys without my knowledge.' He strikes a manly pose at Jessica. 'It wont be long my dear. Just one day and me and you will be the hottest couple in the whole of this Team Rocket.' He grabs her hand and kisses it.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 07:21 PM
Ethan runs after the pretty boy and the psychic. He spots them, along with two new girls he did not recognize. He runs over to them, interrupting a seemingly tense conversation. May I have your numbers Artemis and Romeo? We should stay in contact just in case. Ethan also scans the girl's Espeon.

Esprit15
2012-04-22, 07:27 PM
"Yeah, good point." She gives him her number and tells him to pass it on if the others don't keep up. She turns back to Romeo. "We could meet up with the others within the hour. It only took me about ten minutes or so, thirty with walking around the gym. Are you saying you could wait to...hang out...with this beautiful girl right here?" They're both Rockets, she could follow along if you wanted her to. Artemis might not have a way with words, but she does with logic. To Ethan: Unless you're a Psychic, you likely won't pass. If you want to be pelted with rocks and then attacked, go for it. Just don't tell Romeo.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 07:45 PM
If I need to for their help though, I won't really have a choice. Although...maybe Sparky could help. She's full of tricks like that.
Gerald puts his tools down and lifts his phone up.
"I'll take them too. Oh, um...pokemon. What do you all prefer?"
He gives each of them his number, and when done pulls out his 'dex to scan the pokemon.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 08:07 PM
'Why do I need to pass this test? Going behind the psychics backs could be a little naughty.' He wiggles his eyebrows. 'Since you obviously don't think I can pass this test, or else you would offer me no chance of seeing Jessica if you could help it, how about a bet? Are you up for that you two?'

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 08:09 PM
Paul addresses the one asking about Pokemon.

Well, I prefer as many of them as I can get. Got a collection to rebuild.

Paul exchanges numbers and pleasantries with his new comrades, scans their creatures into the 'dax, then heads off with Buck and his new acquisition Hank in tow.

Well, we have a paying gig...of sorts...tomorrow. Figure we have three days to track down the brat, so we can use the rest of today to do a little hunting for new Pokemon, fight tomorrow early on, then get with the Junior League recruits here and work out how to slug the Slugma owner.

What sort of habitat options are available within close range of the city?

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:25 PM
If I need to for their help though, I won't really have a choice. Although...maybe Sparky could help. She's full of tricks like that.
Gerald puts his tools down and lifts his phone up.
"I'll take them too. Oh, um...pokemon. What do you all prefer?"
He gives each of them his number, and when done pulls out his 'dex to scan the pokemon.

You aquire an Espeon in your Pokedex as well as the other recruit's Pokemon that are out.

'Well, we are sort of in the middle of a job. How about tommorow? I don't want to leave the guys without my knowledge.' He strikes a manly pose at Jessica. 'It wont be long my dear. Just one day and me and you will be the hottest couple in the whole of this Team Rocket.' He grabs her hand and kisses it.

She giggles in a way that you wouldn't expect coming from her. "I'm looking forward to it."

'Why do I need to pass this test? Going behind the psychics backs could be a little naughty.' He wiggles his eyebrows. 'Since you obviously don't think I can pass this test, or else you would offer me no chance of seeing Jessica if you could help it, how about a bet? Are you up for that you two?'

"What kind of bet are we talking about here?" Taylor says, eyeing you cautiously.

Paul addresses the one asking about Pokemon.

Well, I prefer as many of them as I can get. Got a collection to rebuild.

Paul exchanges numbers and pleasantries with his new comrades, scans their creatures into the 'dax, then heads off with Buck and his new acquisition Hank in tow.

Well, we have a paying gig...of sorts...tomorrow. Figure we have three days to track down the brat, so we can use the rest of today to do a little hunting for new Pokemon, fight tomorrow early on, then get with the Junior League recruits here and work out how to slug the Slugma owner.

What sort of habitat options are available within close range of the city?

Espeon - The Weird Tail Pokemon
Nobody quite knows how an Espeon aquired the strange tail they do, but it is commonly said that it split as one tail was not worth the Espeon's time to chase. The stone on its forehead is actually a gem worth thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, removal causes the Pokemon to explode.

Mostly forest and plains. You might find a few urban 'mons, but that's about it.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:29 PM
"Could be worthwhile. Could challenge the trainer."
He tucks the notes and blueprints away, then follows afterwards, vaguely considering getting Paul to bathe at gunpoint. Once out, he hears about the test.
"Test? Do you have to take it for access to facilities, too?"

"No, not to use the facilities, but you'd have to pay without passing the test," Taylor says. "If you're not a Psychic it would be a challenge."

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 08:32 PM
Paul goes out to the forests that border Saffron, looking for whatever wilds might be available.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 08:32 PM
'Since it's impossible for me, it's only fair I get something good. I lose, I'll never see Jessica again, my word as a gentleman. If I win however, either you two' he points to Taylor and Artemis 'have to kiss each other while topless, or both of you have to kiss my new friend Paul Ticker. Yes, it's infair, but the odds are surely in your favour.'

Romeo puts his arm around Jessica and laughs. 'I'd say that was fair, wouldn't you? Those who stand in the way of love must be punished!'

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 08:33 PM
"Okay then. Uh..."
His voice drops, as his head lowers in embarassment.
"How much...how much is therapy?"

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 08:34 PM
Wild mon roll:

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:38 PM
Paul goes out to the forests that border Saffron, looking for whatever wilds might be available.

After searching for nearly half an hour, you see a yellow cocoon nestled in a tree, attached by strands of silk. It doesn't move at all, but is obviously a Pokemon.

'Since it's impossible for me, it's only fair I get something good. I lose, I'll never see Jessica again, my word as a gentleman. If I win however, either you two' he points to Taylor and Artemis 'have to kiss each other while topless, or both of you have to kiss my new friend Paul Ticker. Yes, it's infair, but the odds are surely in your favour.'

Romeo puts his arm around Jessica and laughs. 'I'd say that was fair, wouldn't you? Those who stand in the way of love must be punished!'

"Tops stay on," Taylor says, looking at you in disgust. "Tell us the bet, then I'll consider."

Jessica seems worried about it, mostly because it seems she is afraid you'll lose.

"Okay then. Uh..."
His voice drops, as his head lowers in embarassment.
"How much...how much is therapy?"

Your answer doesn't come through words, but through your mind.

What kind of therapy? It'll vary depending on who you pay for, but maybe ^800 a session? Maybe a bit more?

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 08:43 PM
'Fine! Tops on, but for a full 20 seconds and with full tounge. Or 5 seconds each with Paul, tounge optional. I fail your test, Jessica will be left alone. I pass this test, the world has a bit more girl-on-girl. Let's do this test!'

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:47 PM
"Alright," Taylor says with an evil grin. Jessica seems pretty much terrified that she will lose you.

Soon enough you find yourself at the Saffron Gym, in a completely white room.

This is a test to guage your Psychic talent. Pokemon are strictly prohibited. Test will begin in 3, 2, 1, *BZZZT*

A rock shoots out of the wall, aimed at your head.

DEX check and how you will get out of the way.

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 08:47 PM
Paul examines the cocoon, and scans it, though as a Kanto trainer he's quite familiar with Kakuna.

Well, I suppose it's a good time for you to get used to things without a lot of risk, Hank. Tackle it!

The young Pidgey launches toward the bug.

[roll0] [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 08:49 PM
Romeo spins round, trying to block the rock with his briefcase.

Dodge: [roll0]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:49 PM
Paul examines the cocoon, and scans it, though as a Kanto trainer he's quite familiar with Kakuna.

Well, I suppose it's a good time for you to get used to things without a lot of risk, Hank. Tackle it!

The young Pidgey launches toward the bug.

[roll0] [roll1]

The bug takes the hit and chitters angrily, releasing a film from its body that soon hardens into another layer of defense.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:51 PM
Romeo spins round, trying to block the rock with his briefcase.

Your swing fails miserably, and the rock goes to hit you between the eyes. You close your eyes, bracing yourself for the hit....

But it never comes. As cautiously open your eyes, you see the rock floating inches from your nose. It falls to the ground with a clank. You hear a voice in your mind.

Alright kid, I read your mind. I know the bet. And I'll be honest, I want to see those babes making out. I'll help you out here if I get to see the action, you hear.

Two rocks fly from the wall, one going for your legs, one for your head.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 08:51 PM
The don't slit a throat by accident because they set off a reflex type.
He looks embarassed, as Taylor gets flashes of near misses today.
I have too long of a violent past to trust myself enough in social situations. I need help getting out of that.
He follows them to the Saffron Gym, to watch the test.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-04-22, 08:53 PM
Ethan follows the group to the gym, somewhat curious about the test. He doubted he could pass it without psychic powers or cheating. Or being more dextrous than Koga himself. He watches the events eagerly, but also scans any pokemon he sees in the gym.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 08:55 PM
Romeo decides to play along. He jumps over the low one and again swings at the high one with his case, trying to make it look like he's blasting it away with unknown psychic powers.

Arcran
2012-04-22, 08:58 PM
The don't slit a throat by accident because they set off a reflex type.
He looks embarassed, as Taylor gets flashes of near misses today.
I have too long of a violent past to trust myself enough in social situations. I need help getting out of that.
He follows them to the Saffron Gym, to watch the test.

Not sure, that's not really my thing. I'll ask around for you, OK?

Ethan follows the group to the gym, somewhat curious about the test. He doubted he could pass it without psychic powers or cheating. Or being more dextrous than Koga himself. He watches the events eagerly, but also scans any pokemon he sees in the gym.

You manage to get a few new scans; Kirlia, Abra, and Umbreon.

Romeo decides to play along. He jumps over the low one and again swings at the high one with his case, trying to make it look like he's blasting it away with unknown psychic powers.

Your jump and swing is enough to almost dodge, but this time the rocks sail around you, spinning around you for a second before slamming into the walls. This time a hail of pebbles that blocks out your view of the wall assaults you.

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 09:05 PM
Romeo decides he can't dodge this. Instead he throws his head back and yells at the top of his voice 'JESSICA!!!' while diving to the ground.

[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-04-22, 09:06 PM
This is clearly gonna be a bit tedious. Keep it going, Hank.

[roll0] [roll1]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 09:08 PM
The dodge was nearly enough to help, the rocks were closing in... Then they all stopped once again. Your welcome, you hear in your mind.

A slit opens in the wall and a massive snake with a huge frill enters the room.

Sh*t, knew I was forgetting something. I can't attack what I can't see, the voice says, obviously dissapointed. Well, good luck!

1|||||Ar|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7|||||Ro|||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||||||||
[/table]

Arcran
2012-04-22, 09:09 PM
This is clearly gonna be a bit tedious. Keep it going, Hank.

[roll0] [roll1]

The bug takes the hit once again, releasing more film. There are a few cracks in its shell now.

Eshkigal
2012-04-22, 09:11 PM
Thank you. If there's anything I can do for you in turn, let me know.
Gerald scans a few of the mon around, moving his dex without really looking at it while watching the test and getting ideas.
(Same batch?)
He watches the arbok come out.
"Is that owned or do you have people drag them in wild?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-04-22, 09:13 PM
'So what? I'm supposed to hurt this thing? I don't hurt innocent pokemon. Jessica knows this. C'mon little guy. Lets not fight.'

Diplomacy on the Arbok. [roll0]