PDA

View Full Version : Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

IthilanorStPete
2012-11-26, 12:12 PM
Has anyone piloted the BG version with any success lately? I haven't been watching Standard that closely, but I didn't think that deck did very well these days.

Not recently, no. My point was that BG Zombies very definitively a Zombie deck; the current version of BR feels like half-Zombies, half-Vampires, between Falkenrath Aristocrat, Bloodthrone Vampire, Blood Artist, and sideboarded Nighthawks.

Also, I assume by Azorius Aggro you meant the WU Humans decks with Lyev Skynight and such, and Azorius Midrange for the more aggro-control style? No one's been playing WU humans, and UW Flash had a brief moment in the sunlight before everyone start playing Caverns again.

Lea Plath
2012-11-26, 02:26 PM
Has anyone piloted the BG version with any success lately? I haven't been watching Standard that closely, but I didn't think that deck did very well these days.

There was one win at states, I think, but besides that, nothing.

Zombies has lost a fair bit of what made it good. Fume Spitter and Mortarpod were big players, as well as dismember, Phantasmal Image/Phyrexian Metamorph. Old Isd zombies was aggro with some control elements with the ping. It killed birds, delver and some werewolves on the stack, as well as the annoying Splicers.

However, when they rotated out, zombies became another big dumb aggro deck.

Fable Wright
2012-11-26, 02:31 PM
No one really does? Is that why every deck I listed was in the Top 16 at the Seattle Star City Games Standard Open? (Two of them were Top 8)
People might play them; to be honest, I don't follow the metagame that closely. It was just the point I assume Ninjaman was trying to make by following your list up with Mono-Green Control, and I was reiterating it.

Ninjaman
2012-11-26, 02:34 PM
There was one win at states, I think, but besides that, nothing.

Zombies has lost a fair bit of what made it good. Fume Spitter and Mortarpod were big players, as well as dismember, Phantasmal Image/Phyrexian Metamorph. Old Isd zombies was aggro with some control elements with the ping. It killed birds, delver and some werewolves on the stack, as well as the annoying Splicers.

However, when they rotated out, zombies became another big dumb aggro deck.

Zombies are better now than before.

Lea Plath
2012-11-26, 05:56 PM
Zombies are better now than before.

I would disagree. Zombies before had a bit of board control and with Fume Spitter, Pod and the like had better removal too in the form of Morbid Tragic slips. Pod and Fume gave them somewhat more combat tricks.

Right now, zombies have become a big dumb aggro deck. RB zombies is red deck wins with recursive threats and 2/1 bodies. GB zombies is...I dunno even. Aggro I guess with Bloodthrone Vampire as a win con. Jund zombies are GB zombies with aristocrat and mixed removal.

Right now, what zombies need is some 3-4 mana life gain hate. A Flames of the Bloodhand reprint will work. Anything that stops a thragtusk.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-27, 12:54 PM
Erm. Page fifty one. We should make a new thread, no?

Also, anyone know some good landfall cards for a blue moonfolk deck?

tgva8889
2012-11-27, 01:16 PM
Well if none of you want to do it, I guess I'll make the thread again.

Done (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14289523).