PDA

View Full Version : The Deepest Song [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Tsumeken
2012-09-09, 09:03 AM
The sounds of rain, it used to be a calming thing. A sound made when the heavens opened wide and blessed the earth beneath it with breenery and fresh new life. Now the rain ushers in a new feeling fr the small outpost of Daesin. Here travelers could rest their heads and most did when making trips to and from the capital. Many soldiers were stationed here now as it had become a hotbed of activity in recent months. The rains unyielding had flooded the cities of the coast and Daesin had been a hub for the refugees.

A warm fire, bewitched by some magiks, stays alight in the hearth of the dingy basement common area that also acted as a tavern. The tavern keeper sits behind the bar, a dwarf who ran this place since before the rains and hopes to long after. It is here that you can find what you need, warmth, food, and shelter. And for a lucky few who try, maybe even a bit of coin.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-09, 10:11 AM
Alexander/Ariel

What appeared to normal eyes as an 18 year old human with perhaps one of the most unique companions, a crocodile, was residing in the tavern. Alexander had been known for a while around these parts and thus also knew the rules well enough. Somewhat reluctantly, it led him to command Thorn to remain outside but keep guard in case. Nothing dire had ever gone on in the past year but one could never be too sure about these things either.

A soft sigh left the druid's lips as he sat down at one of the tables. He'd been trying to find leads on the cause of the floods for a while but no such luck had come to him. The task was, admittingly, getting rather frustrating. As the light blue eyes hid from the others by closing, his head shook no. "I've come too far ..." He murmured, reminding him of all he'd endured to even get to this point so far.

What no one actually knew was that Alexander wasn't himself. Behind the armor, long hair tied in a ponytail, and other numerous masculine features; he was actually a she. A mermaid to be exact. She had the fortune? Misfortune? She still wasn't 100% sure ... but she had acquired it years ago from some underwater exploring. It was the only reason she was here in the tavern and not underwater; it had allowed her the ability to get her pair of legs sooner. But the cost ... had been her reversal and changing of identity.

But as time had gone by, she'd adjusted rather well to the change honestly. It didn't bother her nearly as much as she'd first thought it may. Just as humans heard myths and stories of her race, it went vice versa for her own kind. Not only had she heard of things about humans but experienced some first hand. She'd gotten lucky too that the band of pirates weren't magically smart enough to try to think of checking her equipment for unnatural properties. Otherwise ... she may not even be here in Daesin.

Shaking his head quickly to dismiss the thoughts of possibilities that he thankfully didn't need to think of, he stood up slowly. First pulling his ponytail tightly to keep it from falling apart then grabbing his spear and resting it beside him, he turned towards the bar, taking a seat. Giving a polite bow of his head, his eyes made contact with the bartender's. "Evening. Got any jobs and maybe just a light drink?" He seldom did ... but when she did it was very, very light to avoid getting too drunk. This way he could calm himself and still be focused enough to work on any tasks he was ever given.

GimliFett
2012-09-09, 12:08 PM
Erech Agius

A tall, lean man walks in from the downpour outside. A wide-brimmed hat covers the top of his head and shadows his face, but only for a moment as a dark-skinned hand reaches up and sweeps it off, slinging water out the opened door just before it closes. Golden-brown eyes survey the room, stopping when the alight on the bar and its tender. The dark man's head is bald, though a goatee of black hair frames a wide mouth currently split into a friendly grin. "Bartender! A pint of ale and a bowl of stew, if ya please!" He calls out as he makes his way over to the counter.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-09, 01:01 PM
Directly behind Alexander stood what appeared to be a large and well maintained construct. The dull grey sheen of his plating caught minor reflections of the dim candlelight of the tavern and the floor boards strained under its oppressive weight. To a casual observer it would almost appear that it was powered down or even resting; however they couldn't be farther from the truth. It was in fact going through a routine diagnostics check, a protocol needed nearly daily in such gloomy weather. If one were to approach the motionless behemoth they would be able to hear a faint humming emanating from somewhere inside of its plating.

System Diagnostics Protocol I4 initiated....estimated run time approximately 63.45 seconds... Structural frame work integrity: 100%; ...System mainframe: Active and running at 87% efficiency; ...Core integrity: Undamaged; ...Optics and sensory detection: Operational and clear... Final report: System is fully operational and at peak conditions, thank you and have a nice day....diagnostics protocol terminated total run time 48.27 seconds.

A light flickers in the optical receptors of the metalline giant and he stands up to its full height wordlessly it looks around silently and the various beings around him. Internally he calculates the various threat levels of each individual and assesses possible courses of action with each possible scenario. Having swept the room and only received a risk assessment of 4.56% he turns back to his charge. At the sound of the door opening, MITCH recalculates threat level and increases risk assessment to 33.67% thus initiating precombat protocol G47 (it puts a hand on his weapon and keeps an eye on the new comer). In a dull monotone voice it speaks to its charge in a low tone to avoid detection by others "Master, 45 degrees to your left, a new comer in wide brimmed hat... combat experience moderate, remain vigilant and cautious."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-09, 01:38 PM
Alexander/Ariel

The raven hair belonging to Alexander, along with himself, turned at an angle to hear such an odd voice. But perhaps the word that had gotten his attention the most was .... Master? Chuckles softly as holds his hands in front of him. "Um ... there must be some mistake. I ... do not own anyone or anything save the clothes on my back and my weapon. But um ...." Sure enough, his head turned at the new direction to see someone else had indeed arrived. He probably would have noticed sooner ... but realized he may have been lost long enough in his thoughts.

Turning and bowing his head to the mechanical device, he added, "Thank you all the same. I will be." As his head turned back towards the barkeeper, his mind raced again; this time to try to recall ever having run into such a device that would think it necessary to address him by a name like Master? Nothing was coming up though ... not yet anyways.

Tsumeken
2012-09-09, 01:38 PM
The dwarf retrieves both of you your drinks and a ladle of thick stew from the pot over the fire. He lays the bowl in front of Erech and returns to his duties of maintaining the mugs before regarding Alexander's previous questions.

"Any job we be havin has ta go through with the lieutenant, and he be sleeping off a bit over that a ways." He points with his rag to a lone table in the back where a man lie face down on the table, his armor showing the crest of his rank, though tattered and smudged. "And that big lug ya got with ye, is he...safe?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-09, 01:42 PM
Alexander/Ariel

A light scoff left Alexander's lips. Sure the rain probably wasn't helping much of anyone but ... really? Don't sleep on a job one is supposed to be handling. "I see. I'll try to catch him when he's more conscious. Thank you though." The drink had almost gone up to his lips ... but stopped at the abrupt question. "Well ... I assume. Honestly that isn't mine. I know not why it addresses me as Master or any high status. I'm nothing of the like .... nor have I been." Not above land anyways. Below maybe ... but even he had gotten rid of that in his eyes long ago. As far as he was concerned, he was no longer a prince, future or current. Just a commoner and so far, things had been better this way.

Grishnakh
2012-09-09, 02:09 PM
The weather was just as Aearhin liked it. The wind howling and the rain coming down in floods. It felt almost like home. Of course, he had just left home and was in no hurry to head back yet. Instead he looked to the city before him, Daesin. He had never been there, but he had heard of it. A city that was growing fast, mostly because of all the refugees pouring in. Surely he would find some fine adventure there.

Walking through the streets he spied a tavern, but when he came close it was quite a surprise to see a crocodile near the door. "Well Fëanen, it seems you're not the only reptilian around here." He smiled down at the turtle in his pouch and stepped through the door.

Those patrons who deem to notice see a small man coming through the doorway. The light brown hair almost looks like kelp the way it is plastered to his face and his eyes are a sparkling green. A shortspear doubles as a walking staff and he has a shield and crossbow slung on his back. Most odd however (to the observant eye) is the head of a small turtle poking from his belt pouch.

Without even looking around the tavern Aearhin walkes to the bar and adresses it's tender. "Nice weather ain't it, barkeep. If you would be so kind, I would like some food and drink. Something local perhaps?" Only then does he seem to notice there are other people in the tavern. He settles down on a barstool and leasurely looks around the room, while he waits for his food.

Machuchang
2012-09-09, 03:54 PM
Haldis strode through the sodden streets with a spring in his step, seemingly oblivious to the heavy rain that drenched him from head to foot. Today had been a pretty good day for research. Coming to Daesin had certainly been a very wise decision. The influx of refugees provided a constant source of information and rumors about the effects and nature of the flood, and Hal was intent to collect as many of them as he could to further his studies. Granted, it was all hearsay, but as a Divine mage Haldis couldn't help but put his stock in faith.

It really is quite fascinating, isn't it, Hal found himself thinking (though it was a rare situation where he did not). Many who claim to have seen the start of this tempest over the coast seem to describe a sudden increase in cumulonimbus arcus cover. Granted, they may be mistaken, but given the distinctiveness of such a cloud shape, I feel safe in accepting that as a fact. So if that were the case, then that would imply-

The professor found himself so engaged in his postulations regarding Evorian's Theory of Weather-Based Conjuration that he completely failed to notice the rather large crocodile that had positioned itself outside the tavern he called home. Upon entering however, his train of thought was promptly lost upon noticing the massive, armored construct that stood off to the side of the room. Intrigued, he approached the invention.

Tsumeken
2012-09-09, 04:23 PM
The dwarf handed over a drink to the young man seated at the counter, it'd been awhile since there were so many visitors. However being the only place for food an drink in a good 20 miles helps.

hpboy111
2012-09-09, 05:34 PM
Sitting in a corner of the tavern by himself, Tolan munches slowly on his daily allotment of trail rations. His eyes wander the room purposelessly. Tolan is not as attentive as usual tonight and although he registers those people that have entered pub, he does not study them like he might normally. Tonight Tolan is depressed. He's been bumming around Daesin for several days and hasn't had anything to do. His usual activity of studying the refugees for ideas on different disguises and mannerisms had grown tiresome and he longed for something to take his mind off of the oppresive weight of the rain.

Sigh... Wish that there was something to do around here. Haven't had a job in ages. I can't steal from any of the refugees cause even I have standards. Not going to take away from people when they are at their lowest. Sigh... Tolan places his arms on his table and then props his head atop them. Taking a moment to look around the room a little more carefully, Tolan takes note of the warforged and the man it is standing behind. He also once singles out the ones who have just come in out of the rain. They all looked decently well equiped and none of them had the same air of sadness about them that the refugees had. He also knew that none of them were locals, having been here for a while already. Maybe one of these guys can entertain me. Tolan eyes each of them, waiting for something of interest to occur.

Machuchang
2012-09-09, 05:37 PM
Haldis eyed the warforged with extreme interest, scanning its 'eyes' for signs of sentience. Finally overcome with curiosity, he reached out and tapped its chest.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-09, 11:43 PM
It looked down at the 'tiny' odd man tapping on his torso his eyes changed from their dull grey glow to a clear blue. Target confirmed, threat assessment commencing... Body Mass index: Below average... Muscle mass assessment: Negligable... Intelligence: Curious thus moderate level of intellect... survival instincts/self preservation: At this time minimal..........Threat level:21%; If target persists activate Combat Program Beta A4 thank you and have a nice day. The dull grey returns as MITCH grabs the hand 'gently' "I would advise you to desist your current actions lest you provoke unwanted physical intervention. It would be in your best interest to heed this warning, good day.

GimliFett
2012-09-09, 11:55 PM
Erech

Chuckling, the dark-skinned man swallows a hearty spoonful of stew and looks at the interaction of the...golem? and the latest entry to the bar. Whatever it is, it's absurdly interesting, Erech thought to himself as he leaned closer to the trio.

"Careful, mate! It sounds serious about that," he said smoothly to the smaller man.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 12:08 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander had been silently trying to recall .. if he really had ever encountered such a being before. For a while it still seemed as if the answer were no. But a trip, stumbling even across something iron in a sunken ship years ago made him think back and sigh softly. ....Really? That ... was the same one? But .... I merely activated it and even that was .... ugh ....

Rubbing his forehead with one hand gently, everything began to dawn upon him. Wait ... this had also found him when she was known as Ariel! His heart raced ... but calmed. The mechanical device had said Master, not Mistress. So ... it seemed to know the difference in genders and that, for now, he wasn't ready to reveal his true one. Rather, he didn't know how to and still be able to fight. So until that could get settled, Alexander had remained as he had been for so long.

As he finally snapped out of his thoughts, he noted more were arriving here. Any escape, he imagined, from the rain was nice really and that was probably one huge reason for them being there. It still didn't quite help him with how to react to the golem and .... he felt god-awful about that. But poor Alexander's mind was too focused on the floods and, due to the construct, his past now along with also the newcomers that had arrived.

Finishing studying all whom were now here, his attention went back to his drink. Grasping it firmly but gently with his right hand, he put it to his lips and began to sip from the mug. Another soft sigh left as he tried to think regarding how to go about all of the thoughts that had been racing through his mind now.

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 12:22 AM
"Haha, yes, indeed." Hal responded to the dark-skinned man. His wide eyes, filled not with fear, but with delight, were still fixed on the construct.

"Do forgive me!" He quickly apologized to the figure. "I must have come off as incredibly rude, and for that I am deeply remorseful. Please excuse my intrusion, good sir." The archivist carefully extricated his wrist from the mechanical man's.

"I fear we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Haldis Erron, Professor of Divine Magical Theory at the Academy of Magical Arts." He turned his attention back to the man who had addressed him earlier. "The same applies to you too, of course. It's a pleasure to meet you."

GimliFett
2012-09-10, 12:33 AM
Erech

Extending his right hand, Erech nodded. "Divine magical theory, eh? Well, pleased ta meetcha, Perfesser!" Waving at the empty stool beside him. "'Ave a seat. I'm Erech Agius, at yer service!" He doffed a slight bow. "What brings such an educated man so far from academic civilization?"

Morbis Meh
2012-09-10, 12:36 AM
The warforged stares down upon the man gauging a proper reaction... it lowers its arm and c0cks it head slightly "A form of greeting... a social construct for the purpose to reduce tension among unknown parties... not entirely pointless I suppose; however, if this conversation extends beyond this small social gesture into what is called 'trivial small talk' then I shall refrain from participating due to the event being an inefficient use of time. I currently have no designation but I am a V13 Mechanised Intelligent Tactical Combat Henchman Series 1, Model 1. Though I do recall my creator referring to me as Mitch as shorthand... a rather simplistic and dull label but my Master here has yet to refer to me by anything else so I suppose it will do."

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 12:48 AM
"A pleasure to meet you, Erech. Mitch." Haldis seated himself next to his new-found friend. "And I do hope that I do not waste your time." He grinned. "I came to Daesin in order to examine first-hand the effects of the tempest that is currently ravaging our nation. I have a hypothesis, you see, and I aim to supplement it with the commentary of the refugees. If all goes according to plan, I am hoping that I may be able to stop it!

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 12:56 AM
A few mre bowls of stew are presented to the patrons as they chatter. moments into their conversation a groan emanates from the corner of the room as the armored man sits up.

"Urghhhh....." he grabs his head as he blinks to adjust his eyes.

"Bout time ya be woken ya lazy sod, good enough that these rains have been keeping most monsters in their dank caves as well or we'd be in actual need of ye!" The bartender gruffly humph at the man as he goes to tend the area behind the bar.

hpboy111
2012-09-10, 01:36 AM
"Well Haldis, that's awfully pretentious of ya, now ain't it." Yelling across the room, Tolan stands up and makes his way over to the bar, nodding at the bartender and putting his hands up to signify he didn't plan on starting any trouble. Then, focusing on Haldis, he continues, "How long has this been going on? How many people have tried to figure out what's up with the weather? How many people have tried to fix it? And probably most importantly, how many ave actually succeded? This here problem is not something that can be solved just because you think you have a workable theory. It's going to take a large number of experts a lot of time and effort to find a solution, and them people up at the capital have probaly been working on it for a while and they still aven't turned anything up. So, pardon me if I sound a little rude, but what makes you so special?" He stops for a second to await a reply and just as a sound escapes from somebody's lips he says, "Oh and by the way, name's Tolan. Humble thief, dashing swordsman, master of disguise, and jack of all trades, at your service." Tolan gives a slight bow, but never takes his eyes off Haldis and maintains a slight smirk on his face.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 01:49 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander silently agreed with the barkeep as the lieutenant finally began regaining consciousness. About time .... He thought, slowly getting up to his feet and grabbing his spear, standing now at this full height. That, however, was as far as he got before one of the people spoke ... and not only abruptly but came off as quite the prick.

A light scoff was the only thing to leave Alexander's lips as he turned from the rogue. Tch, humble my ass ... He merely let flow through his head but not aloud. Hoping that by now the lieutenant had been given ample time to sober up well enough, he cleared his throat to first let him know of his presence. "Evening, sir. I was informed by the barkeep to speak with you regarding any jobs that you may have?" He asked, keeping his eyes and ears open to everything else going on around even though his focus was not yet on the others.

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 02:40 AM
Haldis turned to face his aggressor, clearly taken aback.

"I'm sorry if I came off as overly vain or conceited, Tolan." Haldis said, noting that he seemed to be apologizing an awful lot today. "I did not intend to imply that I was the only one who could solve this quandary; I believe quite the opposite to be true in fact." Haldis gestured for the man to take a seat. "I am well aware of the myriad of experiments that are being conducted in order to solve this conundrum, and I support them all from the very essence of my being. If I were to fail, and anyone else were to succeed, I would be the happiest man alive, because that would make for an improvement in the quality of life for practically every citizen of our nation. But if, just if, my theory is correct, and I can bring an end to the madness that plagues the atmosphere, why should I stop, simply because some man in a bar thinks that I can't?

"Forgive me if I am making an incorrect assumption, but what you seem to be suggesting is that one should not try, simply because there are others out there who have tried and failed. And that to me is patently absurd." Haldis gave the younger man a rueful smile. "And who knows, I could be wrong. In fact, I probably am. But one who studies the nature of the Divine learns to have a little faith, no matter how small." The professor sat quietly for a little while, lost in his thoughts, before suddenly returning attention to the world of the living.

"So could I interest either of you gentlemen in a drink?"

Grishnakh
2012-09-10, 02:59 AM
Aearhin was taken aback when the great metal man talked. He had figured it for some kind of statue, totally missing the light in it's eyes. This was interesting, and a bit threatning as well, but his attention was quickly diverted to the others. Before the discussion would get to heated he spoke up.

Excuse me, professor? ... Hi, Aearhin is the name. I was wondering... if you should manage to stop the rains, what will happen to the coast? Will it stay as it is, or do you expect it to return to the way it was?" Though Aearhin knew many people were trying to stop the heavy rains, he was also worried about his hometown. If the waters should fall again, than the natural charm and protection of the city would disappear.

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 04:03 AM
The lieutenant, who is still a bit hung over from his drink, regards Alexander after taking a swig from his obviously old mug of ale. "Jobs?!" he says loud enough to almost shouting but he doesn't seem to realize it in his state. "You wanna job I can get you one! This here drowned skunk of a place is boring as hell, how about mine huh?! Sound good?!" Obviously this man has been fed up with his post for some time, shame really it seems. "Damned orders, guard this place huh?! Guard it from what, the rain?! Those knights haven't even come back, lousy high strung~" he continues mumbling incoherently, his tone returning to a whispering and normal volume. "They think they found something so they go to bring it back, but not one, not one I say walks back through that door." He takes another long drink before realizing that his mug is empty and has been for awhile. "Them and those damned eggheads, they probably got lost and drowned, or maybe they found the cause and it ate um, serves them right for how they treated me." It's obvious that he is omitting parts of his story but you get the jist of it.

The dwarf grabs another couple drinks for the ones at the bar. Sighing as he looks over at the armored man near Alex, "Poor fool, he used to be a lot better about a year ago, I think this place finally got to him with the rains and all. He's not much but he stays here at least in case I'd need him."

hpboy111
2012-09-10, 07:08 AM
"That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that one man can't turn the tide of a battle, no matter how powerful. You are that man, and you, by yourself can not make a difference. I'm saying that you shouldn't be seeking the answer by yourself cause you won't accomplish anything that way."

Shaking his head slightly as if his point had been obvious, Tolan then turns to face lieutenant. "Take this guy for example. At one point he thought he could make a difference, thought he could change the world. Look at him now. A weak, drunken sod who can't even keep track of his men." His voice turns somewhat bitter now. That dream never lasts. Something always shuts ya down. Alone you are weak. Heck, even in a group, these knights he's talking about failed by the sounds of things. So I guess the moral of what I'm trying to say is that you need people you can count on to not fail when the time comes for them to take on the burden, and who you can count on to support you when it's your turn."

Of course, Tolan was being incredibly hypocritical in this little speech, being a preferred loner himself. At one time, he thought he could make a difference. His eyes were opened in one of the least pleasent ways possible and it was proven to him on that day that not only could nothing be accomplished alone, but no one could be trusted to be there when you needed them. Therefore, making a real difference in the world is impossible, especially for someone like him. His smirk turned to scowl and he looks away, almost regretting having started this conversation.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 07:58 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Another sigh left Alexander as he turned. This rogue had finally irked him enough to make his attention go from the still semi-drunk lieutenant to Tolan. "To be fair, anyone can easily be weak alone. Now then ... while a theory is only a guess, it is better than nothing. It's a step ... one that needs to be made regarding solving the issue on these floods. So give the Professor some credit where it is due."

Looking around amongst all the others first, the pair of blue eyes landed back to the thief again. "However you do begin to propose an interesting idea. With how ... confident you seem in yourself, maybe you, the Professor and I along with anyone else whom has been trying to find answers can join forces. What say you?" He'd give him a chance to back up all the loud talk ... by seeing this Tolan in action. But until then, he was still coming off as a bit too arrogant. Rogues could do many things, yes. Everything? No.

Grishnakh
2012-09-10, 08:23 AM
A bit frustrated Aearhin concluded that the conversation was already to heated for his question to be properly answered. He turned to the man (who's name he had yet to hear): "An interesting proposal you have there, I'd like to hear the rest. Also I would like it if the professor could explain some more about his theory and it seems the only way that will happen is if I join you. If you will have me, that is." He gives a slight bow toward Alexander. "Let me re-introduce myself. I'm Aearhin, the Sea-Child, and this here is my dear companion Fëanen." Saying this last he hold up a small turtle on his palm, that looks around at everyone with great curiosity.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-10, 08:26 AM
MITCH looks down at Alexander and says quietly "Master, do all organic life forms talk so much? What is the point discussing such a worn out topic, anyone who can count knows that 3 is strong than one and five stronger than 3.... Is it a necessity for you organics to talk to feel important about yourselves and your fragile existence? This one for example... Tolan and Haldis both seem to talk the loudest would that mean they are weak? Most small animals in nature have loud barks to scare away predators, is it the same with your species?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 09:14 AM
Alexander/Ariel

A low, deep chuckle left as he heard MITCH ask him some questions. Keeping his eyes focused upon Aearhin, he first replied to MITCH though in a somewhat lower than usual voice. "Hm .... it truly depends on how we are made, really. Some .... have a 'high and mighty' like attitude and believe they can take up any and everything, thus giving an arrogant feel around them as it were. Right now, I'm trying to calm the atmosphere before it gets out of proportion. As for why we talk so much ... because the rogue is right. One can only do so much alone. So we talk to and look amongst others for aid. It's .... a way of ensuring we also know whom we're about to find for allies and what we may or may not be getting into."

Returning the bow, his focus shifted now to the, as he called himself, 'Sea-Child'. His head couldn't help but tilt in curiosity. "Are you now? I thought most races from underneath the waters kept their identities more hidden? I've never ran into any from there." He would have included the word 'others' after any but ... that would have been too much of a hint. He wasn't quite ready for that just yet.

His head shook as he realized no one had yet known his name. "But I digress, and apologize for this. I am Alexander. I have no surname nor nickname." Gives a light smile at the sight of the turtle. "I have my own companion as well. Despite him being trained, he's to remain outside. You probably walked by him? Thorn ... my crocodile. That is my comrade I travel with." Compared to the first impression Alexander had gotten from the rogue, this Aearhin ... maybe with time, he could be completely honest on whom he really was. He'd give it time though but even the idea made his smile unable to help but widen a bit more.

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 09:24 AM
Haldis turned to Alexander and Aerhin and smiled gratefully.

"What an incredibly generous proposal! I would be incredibly pleased to receive any assistance that the either of you have to offer." He smiled sadly at Tolan. "I don't suppose you would like to be the 'person I can count on to not fail,' would you? As you say, I can use all the help I can get."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-10, 09:32 AM
MITCH stands there momentarily perplexed then says outloud in a matter of fact manner "Organic based life forms speak with one another in order to over come their intrinsic paranoia and as a means to build working relationships. Now tell me, does this in anyway relate to coitus between organic based life forms or is my data bank inaccurate? He looks down at the reptile and studies it for a moment "Ahh, Crocodylus niloticus, water born predator. Diet consists primarily of fish and mammals and has been known to create symbiotic relationships with specific avian species. I have also heard that the flesh of this animal 'Tastes like chicken'... Scanning databanks for entries regarding 'chicken' and 'taste'."

Grishnakh
2012-09-10, 09:37 AM
A faint blush crept up on Aearhin as Alexander answered his introduction. Once again he had acted, or in this case spoken, before thinking. "Ah, well, what I was referring to was actually my name. Sea-Child is a rough translation of my name Aearhin and not some reference to any racial qualities... though I guess it's to late for caution now. No doubt you would have figured it out soon enough, but yes, you could say that the sea is as much my home as the dry land." He shakes his head at himself for giving away so much of his identity to a total stranger. He really should learn to be more cautious. Visibly pulling himself back to the reality, Aearhin extends his free hand. "Anyways, nice to meet you Alexander."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 09:59 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Good, the Professor and Aearhin both liked the idea it seemed. Now the main person of concern - the rogue - was left to speak up on the idea. Resuming the pattern with replying first to MITCH, his head shook as he spoke, "To overcome uncertainties, maybe. I wouldn't go as far as paranoia though ... not with this group anyways. Depends on the people but ... I don't quite sense that here."

Looking from Aearhin's face to his hand, he advanced forward to get closer, getting rid of some of the gaps that had been between the two. His head bowed as he slowly took the hand with his left one, his right continuing to hold onto his spear. "Ah ... I see. Well ... probably. People, I've noted, have ways of finding such things out." His own words made him more astonished he'd been able to keep this guise up for so long, really. The words that had just left his lips he had known and seen to be true. Giving his head a small bow, he added, "A pleasure as well. If you wish to discuss ... your origins elsewhere in a more secluded place, I'd like to hear of them. Assuming, of course, you don't mind that is."

hpboy111
2012-09-10, 10:04 AM
"Ah, MITCH was it? You have an excellent point. Many weaker creatures have methods of making them seem to be stronger than they really are. However, some creatures also bear bright colors and boistrous markings to advertise how dangerous they are. I like to fancy myself the latter kind, although you are entitled to your own opinion in that matter." Smiling once again, Tolan turns to Alexander and proceeds to respond to his proposal. "I would be glad to do anything that will let me get out of this hole..." Turning quickly to the bartender, "No offense, I've just been here for a while now and it's starting to wear on me. I need to get out." Returning to Alexander, "As such I will gladly accept your offer of temporary companionship. Shall we go in search for the knights? Or perhaps we could follow up on the Professors as of yet undisclosed theory. I personally vote that we go check on the knights. After all, as our good friend the Lieutenant has mentioned, they believed they may have found the source of this whole mess. So who knows, maybe we can kill both birds at the same time and also confirm or deny the Haldis' theory. Regardless, I'm sure it'll be better than sitting around doing nothing. And who knows, maybe I'll have the opportunity to prove to MITCH that my colors aren't just to look pretty."

Hitching his bag up a little more onto his shoulder, Tolan walks over the thable that the Lieutanent had been passed out on until recently and seats himself beside the drunken man while placing an arm around the mans shoulders, leaning heavily on him. "So my sorry sack of sodden flesh, where might these guards have been headed? Maybe we can take a few burdens off your shoulder," Tolan lifts his arm from around the man, "So you aren't feeling all the stress. Maybe then you'll be in a good enough position to try and sober up and hop back on the wagon." He hoped that the drunkard would be to inebriated to notice the insult, but didn't really care whether or not the man reacted to it.

Being the guy he is, Tolan is mainly just saying all of this to get on peoples nerves. It's entertainment, and that has been something he's been lackig for some time. However, he's not a complete ass and the insult to the guard was also intended as a heads up to the guard and the advice was genuine. He probably was a decent man at one time, but the pressure got to him. Maybe there's still hope for him to at least crawl part way out of the hole he's dug for himself. Besides, Tolan thinks, What's wrong with doing a good deed every now and then. It might pay off, and I'll be able to get out of here and move around some more.

"Oh and Haldis, you can count on me if you so wish, but that doesn't mean I won't fail. His smile fell slightly. Even though Tolan may wish otehrwise, he was still human, and he'd had his fair share of mishaps in the past. The earliest of which had proven to him that he couldn't count even on those people who he had thought closest to him. If worst cam to worst, Tolan would prioritize his life over the lives of this rag tag bunch. After all, you never when one of them is going to betray you, might as well do it first, IF the need arose.

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 10:29 AM
The man just looks confused, who the hell were these people, had he been punked? He was still buzzed but merely nodded at whatever the man around his shoulder was saying. He looked at the others before speaking, "They went to a temple, it's supposedly nearby and used to be used to worship some water fairy or something." He draws a crude map in the dust on the table before wiping it away in frustration.

"Ive got a map!" the barkeep shouts, retrieving it from the counter. "If you folks really mean to go then be careful, the land around here used to be a forest but the area they're heading is swampland now."

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 10:32 AM
Haldis grinned at Tolan's reaction.

"Well he certainly is proactive." He said to his new-found companions. "While I can't say I agree with his methods, I can say I agree with his results! A Water Temple! How grand!" His smile grew even wider. "I hope you don't mind, but would it be alright if I disclosed my theory as we made our way to the Temple? While the two may not be related... Well, it may be easier for me to make connections, and perhaps I may even be able to recall some useful information for our quest."

Grishnakh
2012-09-10, 10:33 AM
"Great! It should feel just like home then." Detemined to put his earlier flustered state behind him, Aearhin cheerfully accepts the map from the bartender and brings it over to the table. "Now where would this temple be?"

Morbis Meh
2012-09-10, 10:33 AM
MITCH, after remaining silent for several moments suddenly announces "Search Results for 'chicken' 5957, primary answer yields a depiction of an elderly human in a white suit and black rimmed spectacle with military designation; talks with strange accent.... definition of chicken: a small, relatively flightless avian domesticized for use of it's egg laying abilities or farmed for its flesh. See also coops and farms for further reference. Taste, definition: a sense linked with scent conducted with the use of specialized receptors on the tongue which convert chemical stimuli to electrical nerve impulses that are then processed in the olfactory lobe of the brain. Both searches in conjuntion yield 1,203,247,205 results primarily referring to the taste of reptillian meat. Thank you and have a nice day..."

MITCH pauses for a moment then looks at the loud man "...Sir, you do not have colours other than an off pink pigment generated by your melanocytes. As for reference to beauty I have been given standard examples in my databanks to determine beauty and when crossreferenced with you facial features you do not qualify... For you are neither of the female gender nor are you a sunset or flower. In regards to your proposal; I concur, reconnaissance in field of missing knights would be a worthy endeavor. I recommend we suspend further conversation and begin excution of said objective."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 10:41 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Thank gods a suggestion he gave went well for once. Usually ... it was the opposite effect. Sighing softly in relief, he went to check the map, standing a bit beside Aearhin but still giving him some space all the same. Though his eyes remained down at the map, his words were directed to the Professor. "By all means, please do explain. Any leads would be great. I've been here for a year now trying to figure this all out ... much easier said than done needless to say."

An internal sigh - one that he refused to let leave his lips but only echo in his mind - was heard at the mentioning of a water temple. Well ... thankfully he could swim damn well. It was times like this he was glad to be more than a mere human. It was then, however, another thought came to him. Continuing to gaze at the map, he mused aloud, "I can swim very well but ... who else can? If this is a Water Temple we're about to deal with .... that may be helpful. My spells that I do have do not quite aid in that aspect."

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 10:52 AM
the map
Fear my mappy making skills
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Veinexes/basicmap-1.png

"They probably got lost in the swamp, be careful they animals haven't been to restful with the constant drenching either."

hpboy111
2012-09-10, 11:21 AM
"Well Alex, you don't mind if I call you Alex do you? Anyways, I know HOW to swim, but that doesn't mean I'm very good at it. If I had a bigger bag, I might be able to help some of you who are less not so good at swimming, but unfortunately, I'd be hard pressed to fit even one person in a bag this big." He points over his shoulder to the bag on his back, feeling no need to mention that it's bigger on the inside.

Taking a quick peek at the map, Tolan notices that there is no scale. "So about how far is this temple. The direction seems to be well defined but I'd like to know how far we'll be walking."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 11:30 AM
Alexander/Ariel

The very slightest hint of a smirk crossed Alexander's lips as his head slowly shook no. "Don't mind at all. Alex or Alexander will suffice. And better to know how to even if you're not the best at it than not knowing at all." Continuing to gaze down at the map, his ears remained ready to hear the others' replies.

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 11:30 AM
The dwarf walks over looking at his crude map and scratches his chin through his beard. "last time I went, it was about day, half a days trip... I'd say about 50 miles or so."

Machuchang
2012-09-10, 11:31 AM
Haldis' eyes lit up as the mechanical henchman began to spout its knowledge.

"MITCH! That is absolutely fantastic! What else do you have stored in that magnificent chassis of yours?" Suddenly hearing Alexander's voice, he turned to the young man and smiled apologetically. ""Terribly sorry! I tend to get a tad overenthusiastic at times, and occasionally tune out the world around me. Anyway you were sayin- Ah! Leads! Right! Well you see, this all takes me back to my theory, which I will expound to you thusly."

"You see, I have been researching the nature of the storm since it first become apparent that it far more than a standard natural disaster. Granted, that is not a significant period of time, considering how it was only around four months ago, but working theories have been constructed in less time than that. For example, Dormius Callipian was able to postulate the exact formula for the resonance of the Divine implicit to the various shapes and textures of tree bark, but I digress.

"Anyway, quite early on in my studies, I realized that I may have found a workable theory of my own. In the Academy's archives, I came across an old tome written by the scholar and pioneer Elduin Glimmerspear, a half-elf from the far north. To Elduin, the coasts fascinated him, because he hailed from a land of nothing but, well, trees and hail. So to him, the vast, blue sea was the most magnificent thing he had ever seen! He devoted all of his time and energy to exploring the ocean deep. He prepared, and even created, spells of his own in order to further his research.

"One day, while he delving the depths, he felt the water, moving around him. Not like a current, but all at once, as though someone had shoved all of the liquid in the ocean to the side, and then back again. And then he heard it. At first, a high, feminine voice, it niggled its way into his skull and through his limbs. The world pulsed around him. Curious, he kept swimming, and the voice grew louder. He swam, and he swam, and he swam, until the voice deafened him. Even then, he kept swimming, and swimming, and swimming! It filled his thoughts, pounding in time to a beat that could not be heard, only felt. And he swam, and he swam, and he swam, until his eyes bulged from the pressure and his limbs were so sore that he could push himself through the water. The song overwhelmed him.

"When he awoke, he had washed up on the shore, and it was raining.

"You see, Elduin was not the only one to have experienced the song! Among the fisherpeople, the sailors, the Merfolk, the Locathah, there are legends, thousands of them, that all describe the exact same thing! The resonant sensations that rattle within the skull! The thrumming of the moisture in the air and water around you! An indistinct voice that ripples through the very essence of your being! Haldis took a deep breath. "They call it the Deepest Song. And if I'm right, then it just might have something to do with this."

He smiled at the party, his distant eyes filled with fierce determination. Suddenly, they widened again, and he turned to Alexander with an apologetic expression.

"Oh, yes! I have some spells prepared that allow an individual to breathe underwater for a short period of time. Hopefully, that will be enough for this little mission of ours."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-10, 11:40 AM
MITCH says thoughtfully "Oh yes... that's right you organics need to use a differnt type of locomotion due to the density of your tissue... I must say i do rather enjoy casual walks at the bottom of vairous bodies of water. The ecosystems present are most fascinating though without my ability to engage chemotaxic functions I would be rather blind."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-10, 11:41 AM
Alexander/Ariel

The entire time the Professor spoke, Alexander stayed deathly quiet. The legend intrigued him ... more than anyone could even begin to guess. He had never once heard of this ever. Then again, he had been raised to focus on more 'royal' issues anyways. He probably hadn't been given any opportunities to try to hear of this. Then not long after he left his home, he got abducted for a bit by pirates of all things. Damn greedy sea dogs.

The memory made a light shiver trail down his spine. Remembering the idea of 'walking and talking', Alexander at least decided to get ready but not quite head out, per se. Going out the front door, he gave a small smile to Thorn. "Well we're about to head out soon enough. You've been more than patient enough with me. You should be able to find a meal easy enough."

Even while remaining outside, he kept himself close enough to be able to hear anyone else from inside. A slow nod left as he heard the Professor could aid out those whom may not have any way or knowledge on swimming. "Good ... that would be much appreciated. Thank you." Pulling back on his raven ponytail once again, another soft sigh left as his eyes looked out past the darkness and towards the waters, allowing himself to get lost in his thoughts while he could do so.

Grishnakh
2012-09-10, 04:49 PM
Now that they had decided on a course of action you could almost feel the excitement rising. Abandoning the map to those with better skill Aearhin turns to Alexander. "Well, I guess it is appearant that I can handle myself in the water. Should it be necessary I'm sure I could help some of you guys as well." With one last glance at the map Aearhin adresses the bartender. "Do you know anything else about this temple? If I understand correctly you have been there. Any information you might have could be usefull."

GimliFett
2012-09-10, 10:00 PM
Erech

Having finished his meal as well as two pints and absorbing the mass of information and conversation that had flowed around him while he did so, Erech stands up and stretches. "I'd love to join this little expedition as well. As far as water travel goes, I can arrange it so I can either walk on the water or breath under it, but I'd have to choose one or the other, and it would mean I'm slightly less effective with this," he says indicating an ornate rapier on his left hip. "But that's okay. No worries, mates," he adds with a wide grin of his brilliant white teeth. "I'm a fair hand in combat e'en so, and have more'n a few other tricks up my sleeves, ta boot!"

He bows to all those gathered near the bar, sweeping his hat a hairsbreadth from touching the floor. "For those that weren't privy to my earlier introduction, I am Erech Agius, Explorer Extroardinaire!" As he rises from his bow, he allows the hat to roll on its brim along his arm and onto his tilted head.

Machuchang
2012-09-11, 12:30 AM
"Erech!" Haldis patted his first new friend on the back. "I am so pleased that you decided to join us! Sorry for my previous divergence in attention; I suppose I got rather absorbed in another matter. That tends to happen all to often. I do hope that I did not offend you." He smiled at the bigger man. "You said that you too are capable of granting others the ability to breathe in a liquid medium, is that correct?" He eyed Erech curiously. "How do you do it?"

But no sooner had Hal finished speaking, than his eyes began to wander, finally coming to rest on the magical fire that that lit the room. His thoughts began to whirl and jump within his head as he stared past flames, until suddenly he burst out:

"This is Daesin!"

He turned to Erech with a big grin plastered to his face.

"I think I've heard of this temple before! He said as he placed both his hands on the darker man's shoulders. "It's a Sahuagin Temple! To a female deity!" Hal shook Erech excitedly, without actually moving him in the slightest. He gasped. "I wonder if she could be the source of the voice..." His voice trailed off before he quickly hurried over to examine the map more closely.

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 06:02 AM
As Haldis excitedly reveals the identity of the temple a profound look of disgust, even hatred maybe, flashes over Aearhins face. "Sahuagin," he almost growels "then this temple must be dedicated to She-Who-Teaches, the foul goddess who created these most evil creatures." He looks around the group with dark eyes. "If this is one of their temples then nothing but evil can come from it. It must be cleansed and distroyed, for the good of all."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 06:28 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Sahaguin ..... now there was a word he hadn't heard in years. Though he himself had never had any personal experiences with them, it seemed that it may appear otherwise from the mere tone within Aearhin's voice. Now he definitely wanted to know more of him. But he'd still continue to wait for later ... probably whenever they ceased to rest up. Right now though, his mind worked on getting into the correct set, now knowing what was to be expected.

GimliFett
2012-09-11, 08:13 AM
Erech

"No worries, mate!" Erech said as he patted the Professor on the back. "And I cannot give the ability to others, only myself. Sorry if there's any confusion."

He watched as Haldis' mind spun around the details he was about to reveal, understanding the focus needed to cycle through vast amounts of information to find the one tidbit you sought. When Haldis shared his revelation, Erech was taken aback. "Sahaguin?"

Idly scratching his goatee, Erech mused silently to himself. Hmmm... Mebbe I'll go with Eurynome through the swamps and switch to Focalor at the temple proper? Yes, I think that'll work well.

He looks at the newly formed group and smiles again. "So who has experience with these beasties? Aearhin? You seem...Certain of them. Can you share with the group so we may know what to expect?"

Morbis Meh
2012-09-11, 08:22 AM
MITCH goes silent his eyes revert into the dull grey of inactivity Searching data for entries associated with 'Sahaguin' and 'She-who-teaches'....please remember to always keep you armor polished keeping up appearences always goes a long way...*insert elevator music*...are you still there? Your search is very valuable to us and we appreciate your holding ...*resume elevator music*...please be aware that though a woodchuck may chuck wood, you should never chuck children...*music*............Search complete; results indicate zero entries regarding query terms, thank you and have a super day! MITCH's eye revert to their normal blue he looks down at Aearhin thoughtfully "Sir if you would be so kind to turn around and hold still, I require information on this Sahaguin and I would like to request a data uplink with you. It would only be a minor incision into your skull with a probe going directly into your hypothalamus; I am told it will only be excrutiating for the duration of the data transfer." He looks oddly hopeful as he makes his request.

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 08:54 AM
Aearhin regards the warforged with a slightly puzzled and indeed apprehencive look, not sure if the machine might be joking or if it is even capable of it. "Uhm, I'd really rather not." Just to be certain he backs up half a step. "About these Sahuagin, they are despicable and evil creatures, the enemies of all good aquatic races. Much as I hate to admit it, they are to be considered intelligent and often wield weapons. On their own the are not much to worry about or even in small groups, but then again if there are larger numbers, who can say."

Aearhin will reveal any usefull information he has on the abilities of the Sahuagin, but I will leave it up to the DM to decide how much he actually knows.

hpboy111
2012-09-11, 09:26 AM
"Who cares about the race that used to use this temple for worship. It's old, run down, abandoned by the sounds of things. I doubt we'll have to worry about any of these Sahugain things... actually, on second thought, what with the area having turned into a swamp, I think the chances of aquatic creatures showing up there has increased somewhat. Does it really matter though? If we run into, we kill them and move on with our lives. You guys seem to hate them enough as it is."

Turning inward with his conversation now, Tolan continues. Of course, regardless of whether or not we ncounter anything, my priority is loot. Temples are always full of expensive goodies to steal. An old abandoned one is bound to have been ransacked before but there still might be a few things lying around. And if anything has occupied the temple since it was last in use, I can filtch the stuff that the new guys brought in. Second priority is finding those knights. Third is finding what they were after. Ok, seems simple enough.

Grin on his face, Tolan once again looks at the Lieutenent and says, "You and I are going to have a conversation when I get back." Then turning his focus to the rest of the group, "Ok, what say you to getting this show on the road now?" Not waiting for a response, Tolan strolls right out the door into the drenching rain where he waits next to the door for everyone else.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-11, 09:39 AM
MITCH listens attently but one could almost sense an aura of disappointment coming from the contruct. He looks at the loud one and gives a look of puzzlement "Of course it matters, when running into unknown situations it is best to know what one could encounter at any given scenario to ensure proper risk assessment for strategic purposes... though I suppose you lack a proper processor though running blindly into battle by most standards is considered foolhardy and borderline suicidal... Are you suicidal? Do you have repressed memories of your father? Did he touch you!?! Tell me about what you... 'feel' when you're alone, did you have a happy child hood did your mother breast feed you? One of my programmed features is morale boosting and thus dealing with depressed commrades... I can give you a hug Mr. Loud Depressed Human!" He walks over with his large mechanical arms extended for a bone crushing embrace.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 09:41 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander, whom had been out for a while not and actually enjoying the rain, bowed his head once Tolan finally stepped out. "Ah nice of you to join. I'm assuming the others will follow suit soon enough then?" Keeping his spear held in his right hand, his eyes looked right into the rogue's. It was his silent way of trying to size up if the huge ego he'd been so very fond of displaying would be able to be backed up once they got to the Temple.

hpboy111
2012-09-11, 10:04 AM
Stopping in the doorway when he hears MITCH's words, Tolan turns a full 180 degrees back into the tavern, ignoring Alexander's greeting and holding up a finger to him. Tolan marches right up to MITCH and stares up into the face of the construct which stands a full foot taller than him.

In the deepest voice, most threatening voice he can manage, Tolan says,"Be thankful your a machince or I would gut you where you stand." Tolan's hand rest on the rapier at his waist. If I were suicidal, I wouldn't have lived to the age of seven, let alone 19! You do not know anything about me, nor do I expect anything that lacks something as simple as a sense of humor could ever know me! So shut up with the postulations about my parents, my childhood, my relationship with them! It's none of your business! And if you touch me, I swear to any god who's willing to listen, that I will run you through!" Backing up a few steps, Tolan continues in a slightly less angry voice. "And for your information, I do not rush blindly into a situation. What you are combating doesn't matter. What matters is how you are going about trying to fight it. That can't be determined until the specific terrain of the area that you will be fighting the creature in has been discovered. Only after you know the terrain, furniture, hazards and obstacles can you deal with the challenge at hand."

Turning around once again on his heels, Tolan marches right back out the door and takes up his position next to the door. He lets out a sigh and says to Alexander in a voice that is almost identical to his normal cheerful voice, "Yeah, I expect them to be out shortly."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 10:15 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Another light smirk crossed his lips upon hearing the conversation between MITCH and Tolan. Arrogance plus anger could be a bad combination but ... only time would tell how exactly this rogue would truly fare. Squeezing a bit of the rain out from his ponytail, he gave a light nod. "Good. I'm ready to get this done ... " He murmured, pulling his ponytail to ensure it remained bound by the band. Letting his hands go back to his sides, he then tapped against his right hip gently, signaling to Thorn they were going to head out soon enough.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-11, 10:32 AM
A grinding sound emenates from MITCH, which can be interpreted as a chuckle of sorts. "Someone has daddy issues..." He looks over to the remaining people in the tavern "I think he is suicidal though, he would not last 30 seconds in a fight with me.... does anyone by chance have a puppy or a kitten in their possession, maybe that will improve his mood?....No? Then how about a ...cookie?" The blank stares that answered were enough to cause the construct to shrug and walk out the door behind the other two.

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 11:08 AM
Rolling up the map Aearhin turns to the bartender. "Would you mind if we borrow your map? It would help us a great deal in finding the temple and we'll bring it back once we're done." Depending on the answer he either puts the map away or gives it back and follows the others out.

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 11:12 AM
The dwarf nods allowing you to take it. "It's not like it's special to me or nothing, just a old scrap of parchment to me. Hopefully it'll be useful to you all."

Machuchang
2012-09-11, 11:13 AM
Haldis gave an uncomfortable look to the other members of the party, before returning his attention to the rogue.

This Tolan is quite the belligerent. He thought to himself. And ignorant too. Nineteen and he already thinks he knows everything... Well, I suppose he's not the only one. The professor gave a wry smile. Now one cannot help but question the circumstances of his upbringing. Poor lad. One day he'll get himself into a situation he simply can't handle. For his sake, I hope I am wrong... He began to zone out again. "Still... I wonder what would have happened if he and MITCH did have an altercation. His smile grew wider. Now that would have been a sight! I wonder what MITCH is capable of...

Suddenly realizing that his mind was wandering, Hal quickly dropped his train of thought and followed after the rest of the party.

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 11:32 AM
The group now together in the combined thoughts of raiding the temple. The map makes the trip easier as you find yourselves halfway there within hours. The swamp before you seems to have the semblance of a path where a large group of people must have passed through earlier. their tracks are still entrenched in the mud.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-11, 11:40 AM
MITCH walks in front of everyone with his weapon in his hands Tracks located, description of targets unknown... engaging hunter mode.........mode activated his stance shifts notably and he appears to move as if he was stalking prey.

Switched into Hunter's Senses stance so MITCH has the scent ability... go figure right?

Machuchang
2012-09-11, 02:03 PM
Haldis crouched down to inspect the tracks, but kept finding his attention being drawn back to the hulking construct that stood in front of him.

Is... Is it sniffing the air? Or is this merely an astounding simulacra of the natural process? MITCH really is an amazing fabrication. I wonder what I'd find if I peered inside...

Remembering he was in the middle of examining some footprints, he tried to return his attention to the task at hand. But much to his frustration, he just could not keep his mind off of the golem and what other hidden abilities it may have possessed.

"It appears to be some form of bipedal reptilian humanoid," Haldis stared hard at the tracks, hoping for some minor detail to jump back into his mind. "Judging from the Sahuagin's connection to the temple, I would hazard a guess that this might belong to one or more of them. If, of course, they still remain. I could very well be wrong."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 02:11 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Allowing MITCH to remain in front of the others even when they had all arrived at their current destination, he thought on Haldis' observation and suggestion. "...Possibly. But from what few bits I've heard, they aren't that reckless. Leaving tracks that would easily lead us to them though ..." He mused softly on the idea, unsure what to think on it. It hadn't helped that he really had avoided running into typical underwater enemies that were more natural rivals to his true race. No, he'd endured humans mainly; pirates especially. Aearhin seemed to know much, much more though. That being said, he may know more regarding their habits and such.

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 02:19 PM
Taking a look at the prints Aearhin muzes out loud. "Well, they might be, but I believe sahuagin are uncomfortable outside the water. These print are more likely to belong to lizardmen, I think." He stand up and looks around at their surroundings. "The question that remains is, what are the lizardmen doing here and will they be hostile?"

Machuchang
2012-09-11, 02:26 PM
Haldis examined the tracks again. Being wrong stung, but it was better than misleading everyone. He couldn't help but notice the claws.

"The lizardfolk, hm?" He rubbed his chin as he spoke. "That would make much more sense. I wonder where they were going, and more importantly, where they are now?

hpboy111
2012-09-11, 03:02 PM
During the march, Tolan lets the constant drumming of the rain drown out his thoughts. After that little altercation with MITCH, Tolan knew he was being an idiot. Taking that thing on would have been impossible, especially since it's a machine. He didn't want to think about it.

The tracks were a welcome change of pace after hours of marching, but Lizardfolk tracks changed little. Their destination was the same, all they needed to do was keep their eyes open and keep marching forward.

"Does it really matter? Lizardfolk, Sahugain, they're both obstacles that we'll have to deal with, only difference is one is amphibious, the other's reptilian. Just keep your eyes and ears open and keep moving.

When the march continues, Tolan is going to stay on alert and be actively trying to detect nearby creatures.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 03:12 PM
Aearhin turns to Tolan with a frown. "I'd say there is a big difference. For one, these lizardfolk don't need to be enemies. For another, they are not evil in and of themselves, whereas sahuagin are." With a deep sigh he shakes his head. "I can't understand why you landfolk want to kill everything that appears different. And I had figured you smarter than that. From a tactical point of view it makes a great difference if we find friends or foes when we reach the temple."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-11, 03:18 PM
"Does it really matter? Lizardfolk, Sahugain, they're both obstacles that we'll have to deal with, only difference is one is amphibious, the other's reptilian. Just keep your eyes and ears open and keep moving.

MITCH shakes his head this organic was hopeless "Of course it matters for starters their languages are vastly different making diplomatic solutions different. Their anatomies are different so attacking them in critical organs will be different and most importantly each race has their own set of tactics for attacking. Blindly swinging at your sword at where you 'think' their heart is sounds like a good idea until you have a spear through your gut... speaking of which I have reports that death by septicemia is rather painful. As for keeping my eyes and ears open... I am afraid I am unable to do so I am not equiped with those organs and my optic and auditory feedback sensors are always on... is this one of those odd organic sayings I have heard about?"

hpboy111
2012-09-11, 03:38 PM
Tolan proceeds to smack himself upside the head before responding. "I said "Obstacles to be dealt with", not enemies to killed. I'm not the kind of guy that swings his sword wildly not caring what he hits. I'm at least somewhat more civilized than that, thank you very much. And yes MITCH, it's an expression. It means to be wary and cautious. Something I am quite good at doing. It's my forte actually. I don't charge blindly ahead like a lunatic, I wait until the oportune moment, then strike."

Almost as an after thought he continues, "And by the way, I know exaclty where their organs are. The only thing that's going to stop me ramming my rapier through said organs, is if they're paying close enough attention to me to actually block or partially deflect my blows.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 03:56 PM
Alexander/Ariel

A low chuckle left as he listened to the others react to Tolan's words. Moving close beside Aearhin, he puts his lips beside his ear. Lowering his voice to a whisper only the two could hear in, he murmured softly in Aquan to him, "One would hope, yes. Many humans are often very rash regrettably ..." Letting his words echo gently, he gave him a smile as he moved a bit away but remained beside him. Sure, he realized that could have been a hint ... but if anyone were to get it, he'd much prefer someone whom understood his true self much better than anyone else in this group thus far. Keeping his eyes focused upon the road ahead, his ears remained alert for his response or reaction to the words.

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 04:11 PM
((Since Tolan rolled I'll use his spot/listen while everyone else will use static take 10's))

Tolan:
As your group continues you spot mixed in with the mud and grass ahead a net covered hastily in some foliage

The swamp mud squishes beneath you feet, sometimes sinking you into deep water pools that extend to your ankles.

Grishnakh
2012-09-11, 04:19 PM
As Alexander softly whispers in his ear it takes Aearhin a moment to realize the words spoken are not Common, but in fact Aquan. Slowly his eyes get bigger and bigger as the surprise regiters. Then abrubtly he turns to Alexander with a shocked expression, eyes wide, jaw working, hands twitching. As if he wants to shout out his surprise and gesture wildly and only just manages to control himself. After a short but fearful moment of doubt, where Aearhin might yet lose control of himself, he calms down a bit. Enough to lean toward Alexander and whisper in Aquan: "I think I will take you up offer of getting better acquainted..." Still a bit shaky he backs away, looking Alexander up and down, eyes ful of curiosity.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 04:32 PM
Alexander/Ariel

His smile widened more at the words, giving a slow nod to hint he heard and was acknowledging he had heard him. Thankfully, he had also been keeping his gaze forward because now the sight of something new got his eyes, and that specific thing made him inwardly cringe. "Ugh ... swamps. Hm ...." His pace slowed a bit as he remained beside Aearhin. What a horrid time to have no rope on him. But ... one of the others probably did or, at least, an idea on how to navigate through this terrain.

hpboy111
2012-09-11, 07:33 PM
Net...? Trap...? Ambush...?! Tolan takes another quick look around while holding up his hand whispering loudly, "Stop!"

Another spot and listen check, this time specifically to search the surrounding foliage for signs of hidden creatures.
Listen: [roll1]

After calling for the halt Tolan slips his rapier out his belt and holds it at the ready.

If Tolan notices nothing, he moves forward to the front of the group to get a better look at the net.

Search: [roll2] I would just like to note that Tolan never touches the net while examining it, he just looks to see what can be seen.

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 02:42 AM
Tolan
You see nothing and the rain seems to be drowning out most sounds, but you o hear something sloshing in the water nearby (about 10 ft ahead of the net.)

The net appears to be set as a trap to catch wild game for food, if it were to accidentally capture any of the party (larger then small size or 60lbs) it would most likely snap under their weight shortly after capturing them.

GimliFett
2012-09-12, 07:27 AM
Erech

Erech stands ready, rapier in the right hand and darkwood shield in the other. "What is it?" he inquires as softly as possible while still making himself heard. His hat is pulled low, rivulets of water running off it constantly, but serving its purpose in keeping his vision unimpeded. The muck and water don't seem to affect him as much as the others as his boots are barely muddy above the soles.

hpboy111
2012-09-12, 07:52 AM
In a whisper Tolan says, "Ten feet directly ahead, there's something in the water. There's also a hunting trap laid out on the path here." Tolan draws a quick circle in the air with his rapier so that the others know where not to step. "MITCH. Take point. Be careful." As he says this, he begins to move back to his original position in the line up.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-12, 08:24 AM
MITCH looks confused at the order "I am already point...? Is there any other way to become 'pointier'? As for being cautious well that is all well and good but this little trap seems like a good way to lure the prey... if I activate it, it would simply break since I am well above the weight of you folks. I doubt stongly that it would even move me. That way we would gain the attention of whoever set it and thus be able to communicate or pascify them whilst being prepared."

Grishnakh
2012-09-12, 08:38 AM
Aearhin can't help but grin. "He does have a point. And if it doesn't work we will get to see a machine caught in a tree, that must be a sight worth seeing."

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 11:37 AM
A rustle erupts from the area that Tolan had orginally pointed out, whatever had been there was probably a bit restless at the passive forward motion of the group. A splash comes as well from the other side of the path as something has jumped into the water.

(Spot checks can be used to see if you can see the creatures as they are moving)

Machuchang
2012-09-12, 12:12 PM
Haldis chuckled lightly at Aerhin's words. The thought of the massive construct stuck in a tiny trap was an entertaining one. The professor was busy calculating the necessary strength of the net's tension to hold the robot when he suddenly heard a splash emanating from the swamp. Cautiously, he took a view steps forward to get a better view.

hpboy111
2012-09-12, 12:42 PM

Sigh... The one time I'm trying to helpful and non-confrontational, they get all confrontational. Crouching slightly, Tolan readies him self to give chace, defend, or atttack. Whichever may be necessary.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-12, 12:51 PM
...well this may go well or really bad... man I hate how 3.5 made spot and listen class only skills and then made cross class skills not worthwhile in any sense.
spot [roll0]
Still the dice gods punish me....

MITCH doesn't overly bother looking around, it is more interested in examining the trap and is content to wait for the creatures to come to him because that is simply more efficient.

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 01:37 PM
Spot DC 10
You see a spotted reptilian man is seen rushing through brush.

As you all stand there a purplish hued lizardman drop down in front of Mitch from the canopy. It raises a stone axe and lets out a hissing sound like a crocodile or alligator. two of the same come from behind with small sticks avoiding their net trap. They look at Mitch shaking a small bit while holding their spears.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-12, 01:55 PM
Alexander/Ariel

His head tilted as he noted the hesitation from the creatures. They were already armed .... any of them could have easily attacked. But none had and it gave Alexander a sliver of hope. Not much, no but enough to still exist all the same. Still keeping his own spear held, he mused softly to both himself and the others, "Mayhaps they can be negotiated with? Let me see first ...."

Loosening but certainly not letting go of his spear, he walked forward. Shifting his tongue to his more native one then repeating the following in Common, he gave a light bow of his head as he began to speak. "We're not here to harm you but rather investigate. Is there any way you can lower your spears and allow us all passage?"

Diplomacy:
[roll0]

.....Really? *face palm* Worst time to do that *groan*

hpboy111
2012-09-12, 02:40 PM
In Draconic Tolan quickly shouts:
Stop! We mean you no harm! We are just passing through! We'd like to avoid fighting if possible. What can we do for you so as to avoid combat?

Tolan lowers his rapier somewhat in an attempt to signify his unwillingness to fight.

Initiative if necessary: [roll0]

Also, Diplomacy. Hopefully my knowledge of Draconic will give me a bonus. [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 02:52 PM
They shudder at Alexander's tounge, apparently they do not like that speech. However Tolan's speak makes them lower their crests from around their necks as they back up slowly.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-12, 03:02 PM
MITCH just mildly observes to comings and goings of each side more or less as a detached observer. He notes the general fear of the beings before him and attributes it to the fear of the unknown since it was an oddity. He was never overly good at communicating and oftentimes said something that only furthered the misunderstanding; however, curious at trying his hand at diplomacy it decided to go for, in its opinion, the universal language of comradery: Music. Looking towards Aearhin he points to him and says in a not so monotone and oddly gnomish voice in Aquan "Please sir if would be so kind to lay down what those adolescents refer to a 'phat beat' "

In Aquan
Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry? Precious kisses, words that burn me; Lovers never ask you why.

perform vocal [roll0]
diplomacy [roll1]
cross your fingers everyone lol

hpboy111
2012-09-12, 03:03 PM
Draconic:
Thank you. I would like to respectfully request your permission to continue through this swamp. It is obviously your land and we have no wish to intrude. We will spend as little time here as possible. If you could help me by answering a few quick questions, our time here would be further shortened.

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 03:13 PM
They look odd and confused at the mechanical beast. however looking beyond him to Tolan they begin to talk amongst themselves before motioning for the group to follow them.

@Mitch: You are not Gato

Morbis Meh
2012-09-12, 03:16 PM
@Mitch: You are not Gato

@God: :smallfrown: MITCH just wanted to try... he wasn't that bad! 13 is a passable performance and at the very least it will break any tension since that is definitly not a hostile action.

hpboy111
2012-09-12, 03:53 PM
Returning to the Common tongue, "See, I can solve things peacefully. I told them that we're just passing through and said that if I could ask them a few questions, our time ere would be shortened. My guess is that they want to bring us to their camp. Anyone who wants to follow, by all means follow. That's what I'm doing." Tolan moves to follow behind the Lizardmen.

May I take a listen deck to try and get an idea of what they were whispering amongst themselves? [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-09-12, 05:45 PM
Haldis grinned at the rogue, obviously very excited, and even a little bit proud.

"Well done, Tolan!" He clapped his hands together. "I have never had the pleasure of visiting a Lizardfolk settlement before! How incredible!" Hmm... I wonder if their culture would contain any similarities to the other saurian races... Oooh! I wonder if they still practice live sacrifice? How exciting would that be?

GimliFett
2012-09-12, 11:47 PM
Erech

Erech shakes his head as he easily moves forward behind Tolan and sheathes his rapier. "You're crazed, Haldis. Crazed," he says this with a broad smile and a pat on the Professor's shoulder. "C'mon, get a move on!"

As he nears Tolan, he whistles softly to draw the rogue's attention. "Well, done. What tongue was that you used to converse with them? I'm not familiar with it."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 04:29 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander's muscles had tensed but they didn't dare move his spear. Still it looked bad at first as attempt after attempt continued to fail. Finally though, Tolan did get through to them. Sighing in relief, he bowed his head to Tolan. "Thank you. That .... was nerve-wracking to say the least. Pulling back on his ponytail, he resumed following the others, his heart racing slightly from the close call.

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 05:26 AM
Guiding you on a winding path through the swampland you come upon a small group of mud huts and watery cove-like dugouts you can feel numerous eyes upon you as you wander through the mud and low water that allows a walking path through this area. Coming to a large deepwater hole in the center of the community. The lizardman who had been leading you walks over and tosses a small rock into the pool with a *plink* sound.

*Rumble Rumble*

the water bubbles as a large frog-like creature emerges from the hole and looks at you. Ridges run along it's brow and back as a few teeth overlap it's lips. Small wings that seem a bit clumsily positioned on it's back flap slowly.

"What do you creatures want coming to my swamp?"

*this is in Common just deep and rumbly*

GimliFett
2012-09-13, 07:50 AM
Erech

Stepping forward, Erech performs a courtly bow to the creature. "Greetings! Thank you for seeing us. We wish nothing more than to pass through your territory to the ruined temple. A previous excursion has attempted to do so and we need to determine their fate. Would you please allow us to continue our journey? Perhaps you could provide a guide to keep us in the proper areas as well?"

[roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 11:01 AM
The large eyes zero in on the man in front of him as a smile curled on the creatures lips, "Well now, you are much more polite then the last visitors I had. I think they may be the ones you are searching for, though truthfully I only know where half of them are."

The creature moves it's massive bulk to the side indicating a few melted and broken pieces of armor and weapons, they appear to have met with a strong acid that ate through the implements. The bodies are not in the armor though it is pretty obvious what most likely happened to them.

"The rest ran off, probably towards that temple you said you were looking for. Since you seem a bit more bright then them I can give you a bit of information on the place." He hefted himself out of the hole and onto the land bridge you and the party had been standing on. "Of course this information is not freely given, you understand."

GimliFett
2012-09-13, 11:39 AM
Erech

Somewhat taken aback by the fate of part of the previous expedition, Erech hesitates only a moment before nodding to the behemoth. "Of course. Completely understandable. We are at a disadvantage, however, as you know the territory far better than we, not to mention you are clearly formidable in your own right. I am sure we can come to an accord for the exchange of information."

He looks at his companions, then returns his gaze to their host. "I am Erech. How are you called?" he inquires with another courtly bow.

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 11:50 AM
the creature nods at your introduction. "I am known to these creatures as Kroahn. You may refer to me as the same. Now as for my conditions, you see that temple used to be used by these ones here, but recently some unsavory fishmen have taken a liking to it... I would like you to destroy them."

GimliFett
2012-09-13, 12:27 PM
Erech

A small smile spreads across the dark-skinned man's face. "A fair offer, Kroahn. Please allow a moment to confer with my companions?" Erech asks with deference.

Machuchang
2012-09-13, 12:40 PM
Hal's initial delight at seeing the creature quickly turned to horror upon seeing the remains of the original party. In spite of himself though, he couldn't help but be intrigued by what was left of their bodies.

By the gods! Haldis examined the gloopy remains with a sickened fascination. The bodies appear to have been dissolved by a potent acid. Hmm... Acid... Semi-aquatic habitat... Vestigial wings-

He gasped!

"Oh!" Hal looked around, somewhat embarrassed by his sudden outburst. It was only then that the he realized the conversation was over.

He turned his attention to Erech.

"So, what do you think?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 12:55 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Kill ... fishmen? His own kin? It made his heart sink and he was pretty sure he wouldn't be alone in this reaction. Moving himself closer to the others, he lowered his voice, his head shaking no. "He's asking for murder in cold blood .... regardless of race it's the same act all the same. Maybe if we needed to defend ourselves ... I'd be more tolerable. But ..... that isn't what he's asking. I'd rather go through that creature and give it the karma it deserves than kill innocents ...." His right hand shook slightly as he kept holding onto his spear, trying to keep himself mostly calm despite the circumstances and words constantly repeating themselves in his mind.

GimliFett
2012-09-13, 01:33 PM
Erech

Holding up a hand to forestall his companions' conversation proceeding further, Erech turned back to Kroahn. Something was itching in his brain that needed immediate attention. "Beg pardon, Kroahn. Can you tell us of these fishmen? What are they like and how do they act?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 01:41 PM
"Hmph, they are vicous and tough, with rough scales and sharp teeth. They seem to fight as trappers and predators as natural as breathing, as if they were bred for such."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-13, 01:47 PM
MITCH tilts its head and has a noticibly perplexed expression upon its face "Cold blood? I thought you were all warmblooded beings or are you suggesting that eradicating these creatures at the bequest of being known as kroahn would somehow transmutes ones blood into one commonly found in a being of the reptillian persuasion? Or perhaps this is another odd organic euphemism that uses odd phrases to implecate a moral taboo? If you are bothered by such a request due to the former, i will gladly offer my services for my body is not equipment with plasma or hemoglobin. If it is the latter that is causing the agitation may I suggest that you perhaps you relax, have a cup of tea or read a book while I actively 'make nice' with said objects..."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 02:09 PM
Alexander/Ariel

A weak smile crossed Alexander's lips as he began to explain to MITCH. "It is indeed an expression. Killing someone or something in cold blood is more or less doing so without good, or sometimes any, real motive. And that's how it sounds to me for the most part." Just because something sounded dangerous didn't make it. Besides, what reassurance did they have this amphibian wouldn't try to backstab them after they finished this chore? A low chuckle left at the suggestions MITCH gave as he kept thinking over the information they'd been given thus far. His head shook slowly as he murmured again, "I still don't like this ...." He'd very reluctantly go through with it ... but only if it was really needed.

Grishnakh
2012-09-13, 04:29 PM
The diplomacy was proceding quickly and Aearhin had trouble to stay focussed. The others seemed to have things well in hand, and he was easily distracted. But now they were coming to the important stuff so he'd better start paying attention. "Hey, you're supposed to keep my attention where it's needed, remember." he wispered to Fëanen, though nobody would understand the words they used between the two of them.

The offer Kroahn made them seemed reasonable if Aearhins suspicions were correct. "Alexander is right to worry, but perhaps in this case it is not necessary. Think about it, from what we know we already suspect that the sahuagin are involved and Kroahns description does seem to match. And while we may not like the fate that has met the previous party to come here, from the words and behaviour of the lizardmen we can asume that the party attacked them first and they were only defending themselves. That would make this offer exactly what we wanted, right?" Expectantly Aearhin looks around the group to see if they feel the same.

Machuchang
2012-09-13, 04:52 PM
"I must say, Aerhin, you do raise a good point." Haldis said to the aventi, with a wry smile. "If the description Kroahn has provided us with is in fact accurate, then we may find ourselves in conflict with the denizens of the temple, whether we choose to seek their animosity or not. Personally, I would like to avoid the shedding of any kind of blood, but we do not appear to have much of a choice set out for us. That said, I intend to withhold from any acts of violence unless given absolutely no choice in the matter." He lowered his voice as he addressed the party. "In essence, why not just accept Kroahn's offer? If we come to find his instructions distasteful, well... We can always cross that bridge when we come to it."

GimliFett
2012-09-13, 05:16 PM
Erech

Laying a hand comfortably on Haldis' shoulder, Erech looks at the group and nods. Whispering softly, he explains, "Hal's got the gist of my thinking on the subject. Mebbe we can handle things peacably; then again, mebbe not. This offer's a good one for the moment, regardless of the future's plans for us. Can't do nothin' about that part, but we can about now."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 07:09 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Staying quiet, Alexander finally nods as he takes his turn to listen to the others. "....Very well. We may as well see for ourselves just how this will all turn out then." Rethinking the words over in his mind first, he finally nods after a bit longer. "Alright ... I'll agree to this for now." He gives a still somewhat anxious smile to the group, his gaze stopping at Aearhin before lowering down. Slowly twirling his spear in his hand, he waited silently to hear input from everyone else.

hpboy111
2012-09-13, 08:58 PM
Strangely, despite having set up the negotiations and being the first to follow the Lizardmen, Tolan remained pretty quiet for most of the conversation. Now, with things starting to wrap up, Tolan finally decides to chip in.

In Draconic he begins:
"Greeting Kroahn. A pleasure to meet you; you look absolutely lovely today if I may say so. But, that aside, we must now get to the meat of this conversation. Now that we've come to terms, it's time for you to uphold your end of the bargin. After all, what's the point in us going there, dealing with the Sahugain, and then coming back for information on the temple we JUST visited. Now I know we've only known eachother for a short while, but, hopefully that won't prevent us from going about this transaction in a proper manner.

Now, what we are looking for specifically is information on the layout of the temple. I'm talking rooms, corridors, hidden alcoves, everything that you or your... servants...", he raises a questioning eyebrow, "Might remember. Especially whether or not there are multiple entrances and exits. I also need to know about anything that should not be touched, period, if anything of the sort exists. Finally, do you have any information on the Sahugain numbers, equipment, spellcasters, etc. Once I have as much of this information as you can provide, I will gladly set about exterminating this pest problem of yours."

As the last set of growls and grunts exits his throat, Tolan puts a small smile on his face. Just a small smile to cover the fact that he's nervous. He didn't like be surrounded by potential enemies. Nothing would happen so long as negotiations go smoothly, but it still put him a little on edge.

Tsumeken
2012-09-14, 06:39 AM
Kroahn smiles at Tolan as he speaks chuckling for a second, "Entrances, of course I know of some, there are at least 3 entrances that can be found under water, the only land bound way is the front area. I've only heard of their numbers from my "servants" and it is most likely a small number of what they truly have. There is nothing that you need to fear in touching, I know it is in the natures of your kind to be drawn to shiny things as much as it is to a crow. As for rooms I can only tell you really of the audience chamber as I never went much anywhere else, the rest were a bit snug for my bulk."

hpboy111
2012-09-14, 10:57 AM
Draconic:
"Alright then. I notice that the only questions you really answered is that I don't have to afraid of touching anything and that there's more than one entrance. Other than that you were being rather vague. The more details I have, the faster we can get in, get out, finish this job for you, and clear out of this swamp. If you have details about the audience chamber, what's it look like? How many Sahugain did the Lizardmen actually see, even if it is a small portion of the total forces, we need to know the minimum we can expect. Would it be possible for one of these," He motions to the crowd around him, "to accompany us as guide?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-15, 07:51 AM
He nods looking at the group, "I will have one of the little ones guide you then to avoid the more... hazardous locations on the way."

hpboy111
2012-09-15, 04:31 PM
Draconic:
"Excellent. Ok. In that case we should probably get going."

Tolan looks away from the Amphidragon and back to the rest of the group. "Well guys, it looks like we got ourselves a guide. Now I'm ready to keep moving if you guys are."

Figuring that if the Dragon was not going to answer the remaining questions now, it wasn't planning to or wasn't capable of doing so. Therefore, it's time to move on.

GimliFett
2012-09-15, 10:32 PM
Erech

Erech sweeps his hat off and bows deeply to their new ally. "Excellent! Thank you, Kroahn! We sincerely appreciate your assistance. Good day!

Replacing his hat atop his bald head, Erech turns to his companions and motions them forward. "Well, that could certainly have gone worse!" he says with a wide grin.

Machuchang
2012-09-15, 10:59 PM
"Exquisite!" Haldis said with a wide grin. "I am very pleased that things have worked out so well! Tolan, Erech, excellent work! Now which one of these fine lizardfolk is our guide? I have some questions about the religious practices of their tribe that I simply must ask...

VirgoBushin
2012-09-16, 03:47 AM
Alexander/Ariel

A small part of Alexander was still unsure about this whole plan really. But it did, annoyingly enough, seem to be the only way to really make progress. Letting the steps repeat in his head first, he finally gave Tolan a nod after contemplating it over several times. "I'm very ready to get this done and over with." Waiting mainly for the guide though also the others to hint they were ready, a small sigh left his lips as he got ready to head out again.

Tsumeken
2012-09-16, 10:27 AM
A short while later the small purplish lizard folk who had led the initial assault on the party walks up still a bit wary of the large mechanical man. "Slie, lead you, you follow close, to many sharp nasties about lately." The small reptile man then begins ushering the group forward through the thick of the swamp.

~30 minutes of travel later~

The party can see the temple ruins not to far off, Slie has stopped them approximately 100 ft give or take 20 ft. "Here where we make decisions, we go under temple or over temple? Slie show you entrance whichever choose but he no go further."

Grishnakh
2012-09-16, 02:18 PM
After Slie had stated the choises Aearhin thoughtfully studied the temple. Actually, he wasn't really looking, but he was thinking. "While I would prefer an underwater entrance I don't think that's a good idea. First of all, not all of you share my preference and secondly an underwater entrance is more likely to be guarded or frequently used since our opponent is aquatic." He look around the group before turning back to the temple.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-16, 04:08 PM
MITCH raises an eye brow "Tactically it would be a superior option to head underwater our quarry would generally protect the land entrances more heavily since the previous assault more than likely occurred via land. I myself have no need for oxygen like you organics... it must be tiring for you all having so many requirement for basic function."

GimliFett
2012-09-16, 11:31 PM
Erech

The dark-skinned man shrugs. "Whatever is decided. I'm set up for above water right now, but with a few minutes to prepare I can certainly handle under it. Perhaps if we scout around topside first we'll have a better idea? Mebbe see the entrance here before locking ourselves into a course of action?"

Erech looks at the metallic humanoid. "'Sides which, I'm not sure how many of us have underwater options available aside from yourself, Aehrin and myself. Eh?" he asks with a direct look at each of the others.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-16, 11:50 PM
MITCH turns to Erech and chuckles in a oddly disturbing way...like nails on a chalk board "I assure you that Master Alexander is more than proficient at the art of swimming; regardless it would not hurt to take a look around, mind you I was not designed for scouting nor stealth so I am afraid to bring me along might harm our chances of surprise. Though it would be foolish and impractical to split the group in twain..."

Machuchang
2012-09-17, 02:55 AM
Haldis shot a quizzical glance at MITCH before returning his attention to the party.

"I have a couple spells of Waterbreathing prepared if anyone need make use of them. Granted, they won't last all that long, but hopefully it will be enough. But as Erech said, I agree that scouting the various entrances would most likely be to our best interest. That said..." He gave a wry smile. "How would any of you suggest we go about it? MITCH does have a point in that splitting the party may be an inefficient course of action, but going as one large group would likely ruin any chances we have for stealth."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 07:20 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Giving MITCH a silent look that hinted not to give any more away, he closed his eyes to focus upon the suggestions being tossed around. "MITCH is correct in my capabilities of swimming. He may also be about the enemy maybe not seeing others using those entrances. However ... with those whom can give abilities out to others and them being limited, maybe we should start on the land. When we arrive at the more watery parts ... we can figure something out when that bridge arrives?" He offered in a somewhat hesitant voice, hoping that would suffice.

Grishnakh
2012-09-17, 07:28 AM
Listening to the others there seemed to be good arguments for both the landbound entrances and those in the water. Then an idea struck him. "The main question is what entry is least likely to be guarded, right? The least guarded doorway being the most likely to grant us a stealthy way inside. Perhaps our friend here knows something that might help. His people have been monitoring the temple, have they not?" He turns around to face Slie. "Do you know if any of the entrances is less guarded or trapped then the others? Or basically, what entrance would have the most chance of getting us inside without notice?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 09:50 AM
"They drive us out of front when first arrive. maybe water safe but not know, never been back since temple taken" He scratches his head a bit, "though water probably harder to trap."

Grishnakh
2012-09-18, 03:52 AM
Aearhin was considering Slies words, waiting for the input of the rest of the group, but they remained painfully silent. The dilemma was proving a tough one. He did not like to force others to follow him, but this waiting was nervewracking and he couldn't take it anymore. After a short conversation with Fëanen (which nobody could understand), Aearhin turned to the others and said: "Okay, this is what we are going to do. Slie here is gonna lead us to the smallest of the water entrances. It is likely to be the least used of the three. Then we will have to wait a bit. Fëanen here has offered to serve as a scout. He is only small and does not pose a threat to anything inside, so there is a good chance they will not bother him and think of him only as a turtle, which of course he is. He will then be able to tell me if there are any enemies behind that entrance, and tell me how far we have to go underwater before there is breathable air. We can then decide our actions based on the information we get. Any objections?" Aearhin looks at the group, already half-rising. It is clear from his posture and fidgeting that he wants to get going. Time for some action!

GimliFett
2012-09-18, 07:48 AM
Erech

With a nod to Aearhin, Erech consents to the plan. "It's somethin', anyway. Let's do it! 'Scuse me a moment while I prepare."

Erech moves away from the group just a bit, finding a clear spot behind a patch of brush.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-18, 08:40 AM
MITCH only stands there nodding slightly not wishing to make anymore noise than he already has... the humming emenating from his body even lowers itself in response a very rough version of stealth mode....

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 10:33 AM
Slie slowly lead the group to a nearby muddy watered hole. "Goes down for three of metal man and will open into tunnel. not long to cave that lead to temple."

Grishnakh
2012-09-18, 10:51 AM
Aearhin kneels down by the water hole and sets down Fëanen on the ground. "Here we go buddy. You will have to be careful down there, try to avoid any creatures or traps if you see them. Just let me know what you see and give me an estimate of how far you have to swim before there is air again and land. If anything should happen, just get out of there and call for me, understand." Aearhin watches as Fëanen crawls to the hole and dives in, then he closes his eyes the better to make a picture of what the little turtle discribes to him. His face seems relaxed, but the grooves his fingers are digging in the dirt betray his anxiety.

GimliFett
2012-09-18, 11:23 AM
Erech

Returning to the group, Erech whispers just loudly enough to be heard by his companions. "Good on ya, Aearhin an' Fëanen. Much luck, li'l one!" He looks at the others while they await the turtle's expedition and nods.

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 11:47 AM
The link is silent for awhile with nothing important being relayed through the link between familiar and master. Approximately 5 minutes later the amphibious explorer returns popping his head from the pool.

Familiar Link relay
the hole goes down for about 30 ft then curves into a tunnel fir another 10 before going up into a cavern. The cavern kind of stinks of old fish but nothing dangerous is inside. The ceiling is high enough for MITCH to stand comfortably and the group to be two abreast with no discomfort. (total swim length is about 45ft) No guards as stated earlier or devices that he could see or detect.

Grishnakh
2012-09-18, 12:13 PM
As Fëanens head pops back out of the water Aearhin heaves a deep sigh, visibly relaxing. He had not realized he had been holding his breath. After hearing what his dear friend discovered Aearhin turns to share the information with the party. "Fëanen tells me there is a cavern inside where we can stand and where the air, though foul, is breathable. There is about a 45 foot swim, so I don't think any magic will be needed to get there. Shall we continue inside and scout further from there?"
Aearhin will wait for the party to voice their opinion, but assuming they agree he turns back to his familiar. "Lead the way buddy."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-18, 12:15 PM
MITCH nods and begins walking, waiting momentarily until it has sunk down to the ground then continues walking. It will wait at the bottom for the others then continue forward.

Machuchang
2012-09-18, 01:49 PM
Haldis pounded his fist into his hand in an obvious display of delight!

"Well done, Aerhin! And you too, Fëanen!" He added, a large smile on his face. "My, is this exhilarating! I can only wonder what secrets lie within..." His eyes glazed over for a moment as thoughts of ancient mysteries danced in his head, before rousing himself with a start. "Oh, pardon me, I almost forgot. Does anyone require a spell of Water Breathing? Tolan? Alexander?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 02:32 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Giving a quick nod of his head no to Haldis, he smiled softly. "Not me. Someone else. But I'm more than capable of swimming. It seems to be a talent I was born with almost ...." Jumping in, he then began swimming into the temple. In his mind, a very low but content, feminine sigh - his real self - was echoing at the feel of the water. Sure it was for a mission he knew .. but the water always felt good regardless of what reason he was ever in it for.

hpboy111
2012-09-19, 07:15 AM
"I'll be fine, don't waste your spells," Tolan says briefly to Haldis. Tolan knows better than most how precious resources are. If a task can be accomplished without using one up, don't use it.

Although he isn't a very strong swimmer, Tolan figures that such calm water should be easy enough to handle.

Diving into the water, he does not wait around for anyone like MITCH, who he notices standing at the bottom of the pool. Making his way quickly to the other side, he pops his head out of the water, latches onto the side of the pool and takes a careful look around.

Tolan is taking 10 on his swim checks and should be able to reach the other side in 3 rounds so no Constitution checks are needed.

GimliFett
2012-09-19, 07:29 AM
Erech

Shaking his head at Tolan's abrupt departure, Erech moves to follow the rogue. Right! Nothin' to it but ta do it!" He gives an exaggerated wink to those remaining and hops into the hole.

He swims down to MITCH and waits for the rest of the group.

Machuchang
2012-09-19, 01:36 PM
Haldis shook his head and chuckled at Tolan's response before casting the spell on himself and jumping in after the others.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 06:13 PM
(sry about lack of posting, weather here is awful lately and messing around with my up and down schedule)

You all arrive in a large cavern safely. ahead about 30 ft you can see masonry indicating that the temple is ahead.

GimliFett
2012-09-19, 07:40 PM
Erech

Climbing out of the water and doing his best to shake himself dry - which he does grinning the whole time - Erech takes a gander at his surroundings. "Interesting," he mutters, mostly to himself.

He moves closer to Tolan. "Think you're up for a quick scouting for us?" he asks in a whisper. "You seem the best suited to it."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-20, 08:13 AM
MITCH looks down at funny man and shakes his head vehemently and as he begins speaking his monotone voice takes on an odd nasely tone"This message is brought to you my Dr. Finklestein's amazingly plain potions 'Now only half the Calories and twice as bitter'.....Twould be unwise to have a single person wander off alone in a foreign place. If history has told people anything the tactic 'Divide and Conquer' has been most effective through the ages so I see no reason to do the enemies work for them."

GimliFett
2012-09-20, 09:55 AM
Erech

A puzzled look spreads across Erech's face. "I didn't mean alone!" he said to the mechanical man. "Scouting means ahead of the group! We'd follow along a little behind so as not to affect his ability to move quietly. I trust his skills in this regard," he said with a nod of finality as he turned to the rogue.

"What say you, Tolan?"

hpboy111
2012-09-20, 10:18 AM
"And that is why machines will forever be inferior to living beings."[COLOR] Tolan says this in a whisper. Looking up at MITCH he also whispers, [COLOR="red"]"Divide and Conquer is in refrence to a team splitting up and tackling a situation from more than one perspective in order to obtain victory. It does not mean split up the enemy so that you can conquer them. Although both can be used if saying the phrase litterally, it is most commonly associated with the first."

Giving a small sigh Tolan continues, "And besides, if we all go as one big group, we'll just alert them to our presence. There is no way that you can sneak around covered in all those metal plates. We'd be lucky to get out of this tunnel with out something noticing our pressence because of all the clanging and bashing. I'll go first, get a grasp on what's ahead, and then fall back, fill you in, and THEN we can all go. Alright rust bucket?" Then in his head,And if he spends enough time underwater, maybe he'll actually rust. I'd love to watch that happen.

After his rebuttal, Tolan turns around and starts making his way down the corridor toward the masonry, eyes open at all times, carefully scanning the floor, walls and cieling as he proceeds. At the same time he draws his bow, just in case.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]
Disable Device: [roll3] (In case Tolan comes across anything.)
Spot: [roll4]
Listen: [roll5]

Tolan continues on his way until he reaches the end of the tunnel, (however far that may be), or encounters an enemy or group of enemies.

I also have a couple questions.

1. About how high is the cieling? Does the height change as he moves down the tunnel?
2. The walls change from natural stone to masonry, how worn does the masonry look? Is it pontentially climbable?
3. If Tolan comes across any traps, what are they? Their purpose (What is does), structure (How it's built), and triggers (What causes it to go off)?
4. How far can Tolan see without a light source?

If it's too dark for him to be able to see, then he will use his hooded lantern, keeping it low to the ground to minimize the emanation of light.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-20, 10:36 AM
MITCH makes a grinding sound which would be associated with his laugh "Silly organic child you are obviously are not instructed in the art of war so one should remain silent. I shall observe the standard organic tradition of praying for your soul after it has departed from its body. As for rust you must be what you organics call an idiot, my frame is composed of 90% adamantium which does not oxidize and it also has been magically enhanced thus poses no risk of rusting." MITCH waits until the loud child leaves then looks to Alexander "Master, may I be granted permission to prevent said idiot child, designated as Tolan, from babbling nonsense. It really is an inefficient use of time and i think party morale would be increased dramatically if we surgically removed his vocal chords."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-20, 11:28 AM
Alexander/Ariel

As Alexander broke the surface of the water, he seemed to do so in time to hear Tolan and MITCH bickering. Scoffing, he shot a glare at them both. "....That is enough. Really ...." His head shook to MITCH in response to his question. "Denied .... for now. But you ...." Turns to Tolan as addresses him now. "By the gods, please do watch what you say in front of others. It can be the difference between an instant that saves us all or dooms us at times, friend or foe. And if ever the latter, they will not likely be as patient nor merciful as myself. So please .... " If those words didn't get through, even somewhat, to the damn rogue ... he wasn't sure what would. "Now then ..." Letting his gaze go around, he began inspecting what type of room they had seemed to find.

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 11:30 AM
Answers to Tolan's Questions

1.) the ceiling in the cavern has a height of 20 ft while the interior corridor is 30 ft past the entrance.
2.) the walls are climbable except for about 4 ft at the ground where it seems that water has flooded in recent years and worn away the stone as well as placed some moss along the seams where the walls meet the floor.
3.) The first trap Tolan comes across is quite simple to find, it appears to be a fall away floor, but the damp weather has exposed it's opening to the watchful eye making it a easy spot. You have no way of knowing what the trap leads to (unless activated which reveals a 20 ft drop into water that goes down into 50 ft deep with no visible exits without assistance from above.) The second trap comes at the corner as you find a tripwire connected to a heavy crossbow hidden in a nearby statue. (if claimed, heavy crossbow, [10] +1 bolts)
4.without any light source he can see at least 30ft in front of him as the walls seem to have been marked with a fluorescent fungus.

Following Tolan as he moves is a slow but fruitful process as he had already found a pitfall and a crossbow trap for the group in his skilled searches. The walls seem to generate a light blue/green glow from fungi and moss that hangs from the walls in places. It was porbably brought in with the invaders to the temple and seems to have thrived in this damp environment.

Tolan
a little past the crossbow trap you see a door, but a wall before it intrigues you as some of the bricks and mortar seem a bit newer despite efforts to age their appearance.

Map for anyone who I assume someone is keeping track of (MITCH GPS)
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Veinexes/MapB1temple_zpsc48db7b3.png

Machuchang
2012-09-20, 01:38 PM
"By the gods!" Hal's eyes lit up with wonder as he emerged from the pool. He craned his neck toward the ceiling as he tried to take in his surroundings, a large smile on his face. "This is positively extraordinary! Do you see the sedimentary composition of this strata? It's gorgeous! Oh my! That masonry! What antediluvian design! It's fantastic!" He turned to the group, grinning, before suddenly covering his mouth.

"Oh! Terribly sorry!" He whispered. "One must remember to observe a stealthier conduct in situations such as these. Pardon me!" The professor tucked his hands deeply into his pockets, obviously trying to contain his exuberance. Nevertheless, it was only a matter of time before he began to physically examine his surroundings.

Knowledge (Nature): [roll1]
Knowledge (Religion) [for the temple]: [roll2]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): [roll3]

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 07:11 PM
@Machuchang:
Spot: your eyes glance to an ro upon many wonders, especially those on the walls with the fluorescent fungi.
Nature: The fungus on the walls is non toxic and you can touch it, the glow is made from stored energy that the plant absorbs through other light sources in a form of photosynthesis and then exhibits it's health by the glow.
Religion: Knowing who this temple is too you can surmise that there are probably more basement floors then most structures. Also that water will play a role in most of the designs and sculpture.
Dungonering: The way this hall is constructed you can assume from similar structures that there are probably stairs nearby leading down a floor.

hpboy111
2012-09-22, 04:24 PM
Having no witty comeback to respond to either MITCH or Alexander, Tolan chose instead to move on with his original plan. Yes, it was true he had no formal military training and that war strategies were not his speciality. Putting names to specific strategies wasn't his thing.

The pit trap was easily enough avoided and the disabling the crossbow trap was simple. After taking the time to slide both bow and ammo into his bag, Tolan continues down the hall.

The wall off to his left intrigues him. Turning around he walks back to the group so that he can talk to them in whispers. "The door ahead doesn't appear to be trapped, however there is a section of the left wall that looks like it was put up recently. Either repairs were being made or someone was trying to seal something up. Might be worth finding out if there's anything behind it."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 04:53 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander had been remaining treading in the water to help calm himself. Hopefully those two could begin to get along .... preferably sooner than later. Though as long as it happened, he wouldn't be picky. Turning his head once Tolan spoke, he thought silently on the options. "In the case the wall is hiding something, maybe we should check that first." He then got quiet, curious to see what the others would give for input.

Machuchang
2012-09-25, 01:41 AM
"I have absolutely no objections to examining the wall," Haldis said, once he had managed to calm his mind down. "In fact, I would highly suggest doing so. You see this fungus? It appears to be some type of Candidus Boletus! In this family of myconid, the level of luminescence produced by any given subject is directly proportional to the amount of light that it has recently synthesized. Isn't that grand? So if we should find a sample of this species hidden behind the panel, we may be able to surmise the frequency of physical activity in this section of the temple, or at the very least, how often that panel is opened. But if no specimen should present itself, then that would still indicate that the area is either used quite often, or not at all. At the very least, checking the wall would likely provide us with information about the general construction of the temple." The professor took a deep breath, then beamed.

"Of course, that's just my two coppers."

Morbis Meh
2012-09-25, 08:16 AM
MITCH examines the fungus and thinks stoicly for a moment then slowly begins to harvest it from the walls and spread it all over its plating. After a few moments the warforge was illuminated well enough to provide light for everyone around him. It turns to Alexander "Master, recon is not my primary function, I am programmed for tactical combat but at the very least I may...'shed some light on the situation'"

hpboy111
2012-09-25, 10:47 AM
"Alright then." Turning to the wall, Tolan cracks his kuckles and strolls over carefully and begins examing the wall in closer detail, searching for levers, switches, buttons, or an other form of mechansim that might open the wall. He also searches for any gaps, cracks, or openings in the new masonry.

If nothing is found he will rap his knuckles across the stone and try to ascertain whether or not the space behind the wall is hollow.

Search: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 06:42 PM
Tolan
You find a loose brick that appears to be made of wood, not stone. pulling it aside reveals a switch.

hpboy111
2012-09-26, 07:34 AM
Tolan flips the switch and then backs away from the wall.

Tsumeken
2012-09-26, 02:13 PM
As Tolan flip the switch the sound of water is heard as the door slides to the side slowly letting out the pressure that was behind it. the once waterlogged room rusted weapons are strewn about the ground as you see a large brown chest in the corner. a few skeletons of those who were most likely inside when this place flooded are left on the floor.

Grishnakh
2012-09-26, 04:17 PM
Aearhin had lingered behind, letting those better suited to the situation take the lead. As he noticed the obviously trapped room he spoke up. "It appears that this room might fill with water as we enter, or maybe because of that chest. I think it might be wise if only those who can survive underwater enter the room to check it out, leaving the rest to wait here. That way you can press the switch again to open the door for us inside." This last making it clear that he volunteered for the exploration party.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-26, 08:54 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander nodded after mulling over Aearhin's words. "Agreed .... I'll go as well, that being said." Getting beside him, he prepared to head into the room with him.

Bleh post is bleh ... ugh. Been feeling out of it x.x Sorry ....

Morbis Meh
2012-09-27, 08:53 AM
MITCH looks at the others confused "Why would once be worried about drowning? The switch is right here so it can always be utilized if required. If by some chance it malfunctions i can always break down the wall for my composition is mostly adamantium thus I can easy break down walls if need be."

Grishnakh
2012-09-27, 10:31 AM
With a smile Aearhin regards MITCH and gives him a friendly bump on the shoulder. "You may be right, my metallic friend, but for those of us with a less sturdy construction it might be wise to practise caution, don't you agree? It is better to be careful then to find out that you should have been." He turns to adress the whole group. "So, I think that means that MITCH, Alex and myself will investigate first."

Tsumeken
2012-09-28, 05:43 PM
((Guessing that means those three enter so moving forward))
The room is moldy from the water logging. A closer inspection find a hole in the ceiling near the back where the upper floor has fallen into this one.

Spot DC 15
A small sparkle of something can be seen under the rubble in the corner.

Spot DC 20
A group of bones near the east wall appear to be moving slowly along the wall towards the members that remained outside. Sometimes a sheen can be seen of a translucent grayish goop on the bones.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-28, 11:39 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander broke the surface and tilted his head back to keep any bits of mold from entering his eyes as they slowly opened. Blinking a bit, he then began looking around. "Hm ... I probably missed something but I don't see anything here. You two have any better luck?" He asked, looking between MITCH and Aearhin.

Grishnakh
2012-09-29, 06:57 AM
Slowly edging into the room Aearhin, as usual, focusses on all the wrong things. Not noticing anything of importance, or anything at all really. "I can't see anything strange either, Alex, though we might have more luck looking in that chest. And maybe one of these poor fellows has something on him." 'Cautious' as Aearhin is, he walks up to the chest without watching his step or anything and tries to have a look inside.

Tsumeken
2012-09-30, 12:27 PM
Aearhin moves forward as the vibrations of his footsteps are not unheard. The Ooze near the wall leaps and barely misses him as it shlops against the opposite wall
[init]
[roll0]

Ooze battle map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdC04cnhZMWMtYWtBcUlwLUxZSnFoMkE&pli=1#gid=0)
((Didn't put anyone not in the room on the map but feel free to place yourselves where you want when it comes to your turn))

Edit: I don't know whether to just make that = 1 or make it lose 1 turn for such a horrid roll.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-30, 01:59 PM
Alexander/Ariel

It wasn't the loudest ... but hints that something else save them was there made Alexander turn. "...What the ... ??" Shaking his head to figure out what exactly he was looking at, his mind shifted over to a more combat-focused set instead. Tightening his grip on his spear, he got in a stance, ready to fight this .... thing.

Init:
[roll0]
This is not making me feel good at all :smalleek:

Grishnakh
2012-09-30, 02:54 PM
Feeling the wind of the ooze passing just behind his head Aearhin stumbles a step, then pivots around on one foot to ready himself for another attack.

Initiative: [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-09-30, 06:58 PM
MITCH notices the scramble and sees the translucent jelly ooze about.

Initiative [roll0]

Combat Mode initiating, attack formation I35 Delta, calculating battle odds.... damage to frame....18%/minimal; damage to core...0.5%/negligible; damage to allies....65%/moderate. Entering punishing stance for optimal efficiency in neutralizing threat.

Tsumeken
2012-10-02, 01:46 AM
ROUND 1
Aearhin
Mitch
Alex
Gray Ooze [Prone]

The Impact of the wall had left the jelly slowly rolling down the wall before pooling on the ground.

Grishnakh
2012-10-02, 03:57 AM
Aearhin spots the slimy puddle that had attacked him oozing down the wall. "Ew, gross." With a few gestures and some strange words a ball of sparkling lightning comes into existence right over the ooze.

Casting 'Electricity' Sphere in the same square as the ooze.
Damage: [roll0] (electricity damage)
Reflex DC for half: 16 (if reflex is allowed when prone)
Ow, and Aearhin takes a 5-foot-step backward, away from the ooze.

Tsumeken
2012-10-02, 06:45 AM
Ref save
[roll0]

The lightning rolls through the creature causing the Ooze to spasm and launch out small tentacle like appendages amidst it's shocking display,not as an attack but due to the electricity coursing through it's body.

MITCH turn.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-02, 09:17 AM
MITCH's eyes go from grey to a very distinct red and its combat protocols are initiated "It's on the ropes kid DO IT AGAIN! This time aim for its center!" As MITCH brings his polearm down you can see it twist it 90 degrees hitting the creature with the flat of the blade instead of trying to cut it.

Swift action: White Raven Tactics Aearhin gets another turn right after me
Standard: Mountain Hammer +2d6 overcomes all DR

attack roll [roll0]
damage [roll1]
maneuver damage [roll2]

VirgoBushin
2012-10-02, 11:33 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Watching the other two, Alexander had been mentally pondering how to go about this ... thing while waiting. As they finished, a small flame produced in his palm. By the time MITCH had finished attacking, it had done so with growing. Gods let this work .... Exhaling softly, his eyes focused on his target as he hurled the fireball towards it.

Produce Flame:

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-10-02, 01:45 PM
Mitch's blade hits hard as the jelly shakes, the fire from Alex's casting hits the form before dissipating seeming to do nothing. The slime launches itself at MITCH wishing to feast on his tasty metallic hide.

[roll0]
[roll1] Acid[roll2]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-02, 01:50 PM
Just so you know tsu, the war mage gets to go again before the ooze... just in case it gets killed you know before it got to attack

Tsumeken
2012-10-02, 01:52 PM
((Oh yeah... your White Raven thingy.. rawr.))

Grishnakh
2012-10-06, 11:10 AM
(yeay, the server maintainance is finally done!)

Still backing away from the slimy creature Aearhin hears MITCH's encouragement and feels much energized by it. "Thanks, my metal friend, let's get it!"

At a small wave of his left hand the sparkly sphere jumps and rolls a little to slam into the ooze once more. Meanwhile Aearhin is mumbling more arcane words and from his right hand shoots an orb of similar sparkling substance.

Sphere damage (Ref: 16): [roll0]
Ranged touch attack for 'orb of electricity': [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

And another 5-foot-step backward

Tsumeken
2012-10-06, 11:24 AM
REF save
[roll0]
(that says it all)

The electricity flies as the Ooze is hit hard shuddering as it reached out for the metal man. It plasmid form twitches and seizes as it falls to the ground smoking and smelling of eggs. The effectively "cooked" slime mold now lie motionless on the floor of the room.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 11:30 AM
Alexander/Ariel

A low whistle left Alexander's lips as he watched the electricity hit the ooze. "I... probably should look into those types of spells next chance I get ..." He murmured, mentally noting to do that once they were out of this temple. "Nice job you two ... hopefully there aren't many more of those though I'd prefer none at all really."
He'd felt very naive and stupid to have launched a fire spell at it ... only to realize it did literally nothing. Hopefully the next encounters will be less .... technical like that ... He tried to reassure himself.

Grishnakh
2012-10-06, 12:23 PM
Aearhin shakes himself, little sparks still jumping along his arms and hands. After the quick rush of the battle (especially with the extra energy from MITCH) he takes a while to calm down again. But eventually the sparks dissipate just as the sphere of electricity winks out of existance and Aearhin seems to come to himself again. "Well, that was certainly ... energizing." He looks at the others with a sheepish grin on his face. "Sorry about that, I should really learn to pay better attention to my surroundings. I guess I lucky this time, huh." He takes a wary look around before turning back to the others. "So ... should I look at that chest, or do you think there's more of these things?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 12:28 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Alexander waved a hand, giving Aearhin a soft smile. "No worries. Up until you pointed the chest out, I almost missed it. You're not the only one it seems who needs to work on their attentions. Regarding the chest ...." He looked up in thought, inwardly cringing on the mere idea of another ooze being here or in the temple. "I'd try at least. It may have been guarding something we needed. If there is another ... we at least will be ready." Getting behind Aearhin, he prepared to help him in case there was both something they needed and something unfriendly still nearby.

Tsumeken
2012-10-09, 08:43 AM
((Pushing forward))

Aearhin is able to lift the chest lid off with little difficulty, the lid almost crumbling in his hands thanks to the rust that had accumulated on it. Inside is a finely woven cloak of deep blue along with a small chest that is untouched by rust and three strangely smelling potions.

Grishnakh
2012-10-10, 04:45 AM
Aearhin carefully lifts out the contents of the chest one by one. As he grabs each he turns it this way and that to see if there might be any marks or such to give a clue to their function or abilities (if any). With the items in hand he walks back to the door. "Hey Professor, I think you should have a look at these. Maybe you can figure out something about them, being a professor and all." He then looks at Tolan. "And perhaps you could sweep the room now. There shouldn't be any more surprises and you are far more skilled at finding hidden things then I am." Having said that he turns back to Haldis to look over the items.

Checks to figure out if I know anything about the items.
Knowledge (arcane): [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

VirgoBushin
2012-10-10, 06:42 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Deciding to help MITCH guard Aearhin's back while he gathered all the items, he then followed once he was done. Staring down at all the items, he thought silently on how to help Aearhin out. Snapping his fingers as an idea came to him, he began chanting softly under his breath to both Aearhin and the Professor. "This won't identify them all ... but it should give hints as to which ones we'll need to pay the most heed to or not." He murmured softly, keeping his eyes down at all the loot they had just found.

Detect Magic:
Focusing it upon all the loot/items Aearhin is currently examining.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-10, 08:59 AM
MITCH's eyes revert buck to their dull grey colour Status report: Enemy.... eliminated; casualties.... none; combat rating....A+!!! Remember getting 3 A+'s gains a gold star, collect 10 gold stars for a fabulous prize! Click now for deai... debug mode enabled....trojan detected; entering silent mode while systems are detect/repair anomalies.

Machuchang
2012-10-10, 11:16 AM
Haldis patted Aerhin on the back, a huge smile on his face.

"Well done, my friends! Well done indeed! And yes, Aerhin, I would be happy to examine your findings," He said as he gingerly accepted the items. He cocked his head slightly as he analyzed the objects, feeling the weight of each in his hand. His gaze became more intense, and his blinks became less frequent.

Lovely color on that cloak... One would normally assume that the fabric would fade under such circumstances, yet here it is, still colored in a magnificent blue hue. That would appear to indicate some sort of tampering with its initial form. Likely magic. Why else would anyone choose to save it otherwise?

He draped the cloak over one shoulder before moving on to the potions, uncapping each one in succession and sniffing their contents.

What a peculiar stench. Musty and sour... almost like the scent of decaying magic. But that doesn't appear to be the case at all; for one thing, the compound hasn't denatured. There'd be all these little bits floating around. Wait! Of course! That makes sense! That must be it!

He handed the potions back to Aerhin a little more exuberantly than necessary, before grabbing the box. Outstretching his arms, he turned the chest so that its opening faced away from him and the rest of the party, before pulling back the lid.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-10-10, 03:38 PM
Treasure
1x Cloak of Minor Displacement (grants blur)
3x diluted potions of Cure moderate (3d8-4)

The chest opens away from the group expelling a puff of colorful dust that sprinkles to the ground. inside is a piece of parchment wrapped around a single wand. The scroll seems to be a scroll of flight.

Machuchang
2012-10-10, 05:20 PM
"A-HA!!!" Haldis shouted excitedly, before immediately cupping a hand to his mouth. "Oh dear, that wasn't very stealthy of me, was it? Terribly sorry," He gave a sheepish smile. "But you see, what we have here are some remarkably useful magic items. Take this cloak for instance. In particular, take note of the pigmentation. It appears to be a deep, dark blue, correct? But if you look closely, there are multiple, miniscule layers of coloration that gradually blend into one another. See? See how fuzzy they look? This points to only one possible result!" He whipped it off his shoulder in one quick motion, and laughed as a blurry afterimage followed it.

"A displacement effect! Isn't that magnificent? Now as for these potions..." He plucked one bottle out of Aerhin's hand and uncorked it, wafting its scent into the air.

"This is a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds. Unfortunately, it must have spent quite some time in that chest, as it hasn't aged well. You smell that? That sweetly-sour, arenaceous odor? That's the smell of faded magic. If a magical effect is left for too long, it will eventually atrophy, and that scent is the result. Normally I would not suggest imbibing, well, anything that smells like that. But look at the potion. There are no errant particles suspended in the solution, which means that the mixture has not yet broken down! In other words, the potion is not so far gone that it would cease to have an effect. It will be diluted, unfortunately, but it will still heal you up. A the very least, it's better than nothing.

"Now for the contents of the chest!" Haldis exclaimed as he dropped the vial back into Aerhin's hands.

"Unfortunately, both are rather mundane. Yet they may in fact prove to be much more useful than either of the previous objects. This parchment here is a scroll of Fly, an incredibly handy spell, which, unfortunately, may have limited functionality in our current environment. But it is not a complete loss, oh no! Quite the opposite, in fact!" Haldis gestured wildly with the scroll as he spoke. "You see, there are some gods that have seen fit to grant their most devout followers with spells that are not generally found under the classification of the Divine. Take Fharlangn. He has been known to grant his more... wander-worthy... clerics some examples of these Divine-Arcane spells. For example, Fly. So what does this mean for us? I means that I should be able to scribe the scroll's contents into my spellbook, where we can all benefit from it in the future, rather than using it once and losing it forever! That is, if you are all okay with me having it." He grinned as he slid the scroll into a pocket.

"The other item is a wand. Judging from the lustrous compounds held within its box, I would assume that it is likely a wand of Glitterdust. Great fun at parties, though the stuff can blind you if you're not careful, and I can promise you that you'll find sparkles in your trousers for the next few moons afterwards. But I digress. It may not even be such a wand at all, to be perfectly honest." He shrugged. "It probably bears a closer examination. If you will all excuse me..."

At that, he turned quickly and began to fiddle with the wand.

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-10-10, 05:27 PM
It is indeed a wand of glitterdust, it still contains full charges.

Machuchang
2012-10-10, 05:45 PM
"I knew it!" Haldis exclaimed, aiming for a much more subdued response than the previous time. "It is indeed a wand of Glitterdust, with maximum charges no less!" He twirled it between his fingers, obviously quite proud of himself.

"With that out of the way, now we can move on to the fun part: who gets what! If there are no objections, may I take the scroll for scribing?"

Grishnakh
2012-10-10, 06:27 PM
Aearhin listens attentively while Haldis explains the properties of their loot. And a good thing he is paying attention for once too, else he would surely have dropped the potions as the professor unceremoniously plucked them from his hands and stuck them back in again just as carelessly.

"Well, I must say I wouldn't object to wearing that nice cloak. Usefull and a nice color. Then again, I don't think I'm the only one who'd find this useful."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-10, 06:45 PM
Alexander/Ariel

It was very true that Alex found the cloak as useful as Aearhin did. But honestly ... if he had a choice on what he'd want, it'd be something else that would allow him to be in his true form but still breath out of water well enough. And for that alone, he could wait. Shaking his head to both the Professor and Aearhin, he gave each a soft smile. "I have no objections. I already have an idea of what I'm looking for anyways. I have no qualms with you both taking what you two desire most."

Morbis Meh
2012-10-10, 07:56 PM
MITCH studies the cloak "Given it's properties I do believe the cloak would be better suited for someone engaging in front line combat... from what I can tell of your abilities that would not overly qualify you when in fact it may prove useful for the young and rather thickheaded child accompanying us. I myself could make use but I feel like my defences are adequate and the child known as Tolan could use a boon of some type."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-19, 05:54 PM
Alexander/Ariel

As a dispute came to Alex's mind, his head shook gently no to MITCH. "Actually, sometimes it's the casters whom get targeted first, not the more up-front fighters. So ... since Tolan hasn't spoken up and Aearhin wanted it first ... " He gave a polite bow of his head to Aearhin, a smile crossing his lips. "I'd say you should fairly obtain it anyways. I truly have no qualms nor objections with you having it."

Grishnakh
2012-10-19, 06:06 PM
Eyes sparkling like a kids on his birthday Aearhin gingerly accepts the cloak. "Wow, thank you guys, I really appreciate it." He then slings on the cloak with a flourish turning about for good measure to let the cloak wing out around him, while unsuccesfully trying to suppress a happy giggle.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-19, 06:18 PM
Alexander/Ariel

"It's quite alright." Seeing and hearing Aearhin so content only reassured him of what exactly to look for. That way he could truly be with him in the form he was desiring to show him and .... hopefully have even more better and happier times with him. Looking up in thought, he asked softly, "Was that all of the magical items we needed to distribute through? I feel like we're missing something but ... I may very well be wrong too .. "

Machuchang
2012-10-19, 09:01 PM
Haldis grinned at the young aventi's reaction.

"I must say, Aerhin, you do look rather dashing!" He said as he admired the cloak. "The skewed visionary spectrum that surrounds you quite compliments your coloration!"

Grishnakh
2012-10-20, 10:25 AM
Aearhin turns to Haldis, his grin stretching almost from ear to ear. "Why, thank you, my friend," he says in a clearly acted formal manner "I must say I'm rather taken with it. The fine fabric does seem to convey some natural gracefulness." Saying this Aearhin sketches a formal bow, holding one side of the cloak to make it sweep back and forth elegantly.

When he comes back up Aearhin still smiles, but his eyes take on a more serious cast as he looks around the room. "But getting back to reality, we should get a move on I think. And with that secret lever back there it might be a good idea to give this room a thourough search before moving on down the other end of the corridor." After this he moves to put deed to word and search the room.

Search: take 20 --> 23

PS: I believe the only other items that we found were the wand, scroll and potions, currently in Haldis' keeping, the little box wasn't magical was it?
Also, could we get a re-post of that little dungeon map, I'm quite lost I fear :smalltongue:

Tsumeken
2012-10-21, 07:06 AM
(no problems)
Map
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Veinexes/MapB1temple.png

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 08:04 AM
MITCH switched his stance back into hunter mode and left the room while the magus looked about, once back in the hallway MITCH enters the next closest room.

Tsumeken
2012-10-24, 11:36 AM
Aearhin: you find a small slide like tube in the north west corner. you could travel down it one at a time, though MITCH may have some trouble.

MITCH: Entering into the next room you find a library, or at least it's remains. broken shelves and moldy literature lie on the ground. A section of the ceiling is gone as rainwater pours in through it. Statues resembling fishmen like creatures with sharp fangs gaze from their perches.

(room is 60x 40, with three broken bookshelves and an altar near the front of the room. more florescent moss lights this room. the rain coming is not enough to flood the area as it moves to the lower areas.)

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 11:48 AM
MITCH browses the libraries selection for anything of use.

Taking 20 on search since I am not threatened for a 22, also if anything tries to sneak up I can at least know it's there due to Hunter's Sense YAY!

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 01:52 PM
Haldis poked his head in after MITCH had entered the room.

"Is it all cl- BY THE GODS!" He exclaimed as he saw the shelves full of books. "Oh my! How extraordinary!" He trailed after the mechanical figure, viewing the shelves, but also keeping an eye out for any hidden dangers.

Tsumeken
2012-10-24, 02:08 PM
Searching the shelves MITCH and Haldis find a few useful texts detailing the goddess this temple was made after. (+2 knowledge religion checks on sahaguin deities). The other texts are unfortunately water logged beyond reading. MITCH in his search find s clutch of large embryonic like sacs in the corner of the room. they are clear and slimy in nature.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 02:17 PM
Time for some knowledge: STABBING

MITCH analyses the embryotic sac Embryo+watery environment=possible amphibous creature....69% chance Sahaguin offspring, course of action: Eradication of all embyros for only a moment then begins to crush them without hesitation.

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 02:18 PM
Haldis pocketed the book on Sahuagin deities, obviously upset that he wouldn't be able to take any other books with him.

He turned to see golem bent over in the corner.

"MITCH? What are you doing?" He cautiously approached the construct.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-24, 02:25 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Having silently followed behind the Professor, MITCH, and Aearhin he seemed a bit hesitant as he noted the actions MITCH began to take. "... If I may, I have to agree. What exactly are you doing? I ... think I kinda get the idea; preventing any possible future threats but ... shouldn't we ensure first that they are even something to worry about? Rather than assume they are from a dangerous species?"

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 02:31 PM
MITCH stands up with goo covered hands and feet "They are a statistical threat that should be dealt with accordingly, there is no use arguing semantics or philosophy. The hard facts are that these are most likely embyros of Sahaguin thus making them a threat. I am simply eliminating the threat of future violence nothing more. Though if you would like to keep one intact for disection purposes I suppose I can leave a specimen for you. I have read that amphibions also possess a taste which likens to a chicken, if you would like I could save some and prepare them for you at a later time?"

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 02:35 PM
Haldis could only stare at the warblade, completely dumbstruck.

"Eat it...?"

He shook his head brusquely.

"Very well. Keep the last egg intact. I have no intention of dissecting it, however."

Tsumeken
2012-10-24, 05:00 PM
The eggs pop and squish as MITCH does his dirty work on them. with the eggs mostly destroyed MITCH's keen senses detect a scent in the air much like the one that he had from the eggs coming this way.

Grishnakh
2012-10-24, 05:04 PM
Aearhin had spent some time examening the first room closer, and trying to see where the shute would lead or whether they would be able to climb back up should they go down there. That was why he came to the other room somewhere in the middle of the conversation, having little clue what the others were talking about.

"Eat what??" then noticing the slime in the corner and covering MITCH "Ew, yuk, you guys are not actually thinking of eating that are you?? I don't care what it is, or how nutritional and good for your skin or something, that is slime ... you just don't eat slime, as a rule." A look of revulsion quickly passed his face as he turned away to look at the rest of the room. "That other room had some sort of shute leading down, but I'm not sure where it leads and I don't think we'd be able to get back up. In fact, MITCH might not even fit down there. Did you find anything useful in here?"

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 05:16 PM
"We don't eat the offspring of intelligent beings, more like," Haldis said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "MITCH took it upon himself to preemptively rid the world of a few more potentially evil beings," He sighed, then looked up at Aerhin.

"A chute you say? Hm... I wonder where that could possibly lead..." He gazed off into the distance, allowing himself to once again be lost in thought before slowly reeling himself back. "As for ourselves, we have discovered an informative tome on the gods of the Sahuagin. I have not yet taken the liberty of reading it, but I anticipate its content to be quite illuminating,

"In any case, the chute may warrant some investigation. Would you be so kind as to lead me to it, my friend?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-24, 05:46 PM
Alexander/Ariel

"Actually ... regarding the chute, I may have a way or two that will allow us to investigate it." Nodding as he carefully thought over the plan, he looked back to Aearhin, continuing to think on the smarter ways to go about this. Shifting into another form was something he didn't generally do .... but when he did he was extremely careful with it. It'd limit him to his actions and ways to keep in touch with the others and should there be anything dangerous down there -- it may cost him in the long run if he wasn't in the 'right body', so to speak. "I have the ability to switch into any other form of an animal. I can probably go into something that can fly. Likewise I can summon something to go in my stead if nothing else .... but either way can work."

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 05:57 PM
"A sound plan, Alexander," Haldis said. "For how long are you capable of remaining metamorphosed?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-24, 06:04 PM
Alexander/Ariel

"Several hours [5 max as it's 1 hr/lv] if needed; though I doubt I will need that much time. So when I'm done, I can ultimately just leave the form and change back. However, I will only be able to do this once for now also so ... if there's any way the chute can somehow be peeked at with some form of light if needed, that may help. That way I can choose and - in case it is needed - stay in a form that will benefit not only myself but the rest of us. I don't generally do this for many reasons but they all add up to one main one. With this ability comes many risks in going through with it." Letting his mind go over forms even before they arrived near the chute, he tried to mentally prepare for the next parts of this temple and how exactly to go about searching it. Thorn could probably accompany him regardless of what he became ... which would be nice. His bite was sometimes more brutal than his own spear.

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 06:12 PM
"That should be more than sufficient," Haldis nodded. "As for your request, I'm afraid I have nothing with which to help you, much to my dismay. I never expected to find myself delving ancient temples on my own time, which is a real shame come to think of it, as I am quite fond of these expeditions... But I digress. I apologize,"

Morbis Meh
2012-10-25, 01:31 AM
MITCH looks at the bewilderment of his peers and thinks on their words, but he detects another presence "Chute, irrelevant, would not fit in said chute and we currently have company coming our way. My olfactory receptors detect an odour similar to the eggs thus it would be logical to assume it is the guardian or mother of these eggs."

Machuchang
2012-10-25, 02:23 AM
"Oh. Well that's just lovely," Haldis said with a sigh as he turned toward the doorway.

Grishnakh
2012-10-25, 08:21 AM
Looking at the furnishings in the room Aearhin says: "We should try to prepare some sort of ambush. It is likely we are already discovered, with the noise we are making, but something more defencable would be nice." After saying that he proceeds to flip over a table (or such) and use it as cover while facing the door.

Tsumeken
2012-10-25, 09:40 AM
The approaching creature, or creatures give a strange wet thwacking sound as it moves. Each movement is accented and quite loud as if a large area is being pressed into the ground. Aaerhin's makeshift barricade provides some cover as the beast bounds into view. Slimey skin and large eyes look into the room as it lets out a loud croak.
Init

[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-25, 09:47 AM
Init [roll0] come on it's murdering time! Let's gank em before it can cry out, daddy needs some new Sahaguin skin boots!

Machuchang
2012-10-25, 10:48 AM

VirgoBushin
2012-10-25, 12:13 PM
Alexander/Ariel

A light chuckle left at Aearhin and MITCH's next words. "Good idea on trying to set up an ambush. But ... sounds like we've been beaten to it." Swallowing a bit nervously, he gripped his own as he got ready to fight.

Init:
[roll0]

Grishnakh
2012-10-25, 05:17 PM
"Okay, let's bring it!"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-25, 11:52 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Holding a hand up to the others to signal not to attack just yet, Alex steps forward. Switching between Common and Aquan, he begins speaking to the creature, lowering his head a bit out of respect. "I'm going to guess you are the parent of those eggs. My mechanical friend was very hasty in his actions, yes. But he did it to protect us all, nothing horrid such as malice or anything of the like. Is there anything I can say or do that will allow us to continue searching this temple further while simultaneously avoiding this fight? Or have we gotten way past that point now?" Sending up a silent prayer as he finished, he hoped like hell this had some effect ... preferably the more desired one.

Checks:
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Animal Empathy: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-10-26, 10:54 AM
The large toad looks at MITCH as you speak, it's throat sac inflating and deflating as it listens to your plea. Beginning to back up the creature leaps high over the table and towards MITCH.

[Charge attack so go ahead for a AoO from MITCH]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-26, 11:08 AM
Mitch looks at the beast and attempts to trip it before it comes in range.

Touch attack [roll0]
Opposed strength check [roll1]

if it is tripped than here is an attack
[roll2]
damage [roll3]

Tsumeken
2012-10-26, 05:31 PM
Unfrotunatly the frogs slimey hide merely has MITCH's attack rolling off of it as it continues it's attack

Slam
[roll0]
[roll1]

It misses sloping down harmlessly on the floor

init order= Alex, Frog, Mitch, Haldus, Aaerhin,

Morbis Meh
2012-10-27, 01:59 PM
MITCH calls out to Alexander "Master, you've got to give it all ye got, these fishmen will not respond to logic!" MITCH takes a step back and hammers the sahaguin with his weapon, using it more like a blunt object than a slashing tool.

Swift action: White Raven Tactics: Alexander (you gets another turn!)
5 ft step then Mountain Hammer!
attack [roll0]
damage [roll]2d4+6[/roll
mountain hammer [roll1]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-27, 02:01 PM
blarg! Rerolling damage [roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-10-27, 08:26 PM
Alexander/Ariel

Giving an appreciative nod to MITCH, a low sigh also left. It was still annoying that sometimes talking couldn't do anything. But then again, he should be a bit used to it by now he supposed. Ah well ... it just made times like now even more of a relief that he had chosen a spear as it had reach, something few other melee weapons also had. Thrusting it forward, he aimed to pierce the creature, simultaneously ordering Thorn. "Try to whip at it with your tail!"

Checks:
Alex's to-hit: [roll0]

Thorn's to-hit: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Machuchang
2012-10-28, 09:45 PM
Beneath the din of battle, Haldis could be heard muttering a steam of words quickly and quietly to himself.

"The creature appears to be of amphibious origin, which would connotate a soft, if rubbery epidermis. Furthermore, there may be weak points left over from a larval period, likely along the neckline due to a transition between gills and lungs. If my hypothesis is correct, then a swift series of strikes to the cervical region would likely result in optimal damage-"

He swung his quarterstaff with full force at the giant frog-creature.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

VirgoBushin
2012-10-29, 12:59 AM
init order= Alex, Frog, Mitch, Haldus, Aearhin

(I hate feeling unorganized so reposting to avoid forgetting/getting confused :smalltongue:)

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 01:05 AM
The Quarter staff slides off of the slime. However you do notice the creature as a Giant Toad. Now normally a toad is not to dangerous, but something most people do not consider is that they are Omnivores. Last time you checked you were considered a source of food for some creatures.

Grishnakh
2012-10-29, 07:22 AM
Carefully stepping back from the monstrous amphibian Aearhin starts muttering the arcane words needed to start the sparks dancing along his fingertips. As the sparks gather into an orb in his hand he flings it at the toad. "Looks like we're eating cuisses de grenouille tonight, fellows."

Aearhin will walk to a safe(r) distance if he can do so without invoking an AoO, otherwise he'll stick to a 5-foot-step. If possible he would like to get some sort of cover (from tables or such).

Casting Lesser orb of electricity
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

If he needs to cast defensively, here's the Concentration check: [roll2]

VirgoBushin
2012-10-29, 08:21 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Inwardly sighing at being unable to help but feel a tad useless in this fight, he thrust his spear forward again. "Keep at it, Thorn! Smack it with the tail again!" Even as he issued the commands though, he never let his eyes leave the amphibian. Last he thing he'd need was to be caught off guard.

Checks:
Alex's to-hit: [roll0]

Thorn's to-hit: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 05:39 PM
The eletric orb impacts the frog answering the question of "What happens when lightning strikes a Toad?" It convulses as Alex stabs it, the final blow coming from his crocodile as it brings it's tail hard down on the creature's skull.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-31, 11:20 AM
Alexander/Ariel

A light nod and smile both left as he watched the amphibian fall over, dead. "Well guess we are eating cuisses de grenouille indeed. Nice job all." The grip on his spear loosened a bit now that one major threat was gone. The mere fact they weren't done with the Temple was one of the few factors making him continue to hold onto it still. Keeping his ears and eyes open, he got ready to follow behind the others.

Machuchang
2012-10-31, 11:34 AM
"Hm," Haldis inspected the frog's body for anything out of the ordinary.

Don't know what check to make. I'll roll and add modifiers later.

[roll0]

"Yes, I agree. Excellent work, everyone. Of course, I suggest that we still remain wary. Who knows what else may be lurking about."

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 11:49 AM
MITCH looks at the others "Confirmation of hostility verified, will note to destroy eggs in further matters."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-31, 11:50 AM
Alexander/Ariel

Looking up in thought, Alex began murmuring small words under his breath. "Hallways .... chute .... what the hell else?" It was obvious he was trying to recall where they had yet to go and - perhaps more importantly - where they should go. What he was keeping to himself though were thoughts on how much more of the Temple was left and thus how much longer they needed to remain here. It'd given nice views and finds/treasures .... but this was beginning to make him wonder just how huge it really was. He wanted to find out the cause of the floods, yes. But he didn't want to be stuck here for longer than they needed to in order to find all this out. At least he still had spells thankfully ... and Thorn.

Realizing that standing around wouldn't get him anywhere, he patted his left hip, his non-verbal cue for Thorn to follow as he began inspecting the hallway. Maybe there was something they'd missed? Only one way to find out ...

Checks:

Grishnakh
2012-10-31, 01:20 PM
Aearhin stretched his arms and took a deep breath. Battle always brought him on edge and if he didn't calm down after he would be throwing sparks every time something startled him. "Well, I must admit the frog was rather less formidable than anticipated. But MITCH, I think it is safe to assume it attacked us because we destroyed the eggs. It might be big, but it is just an animal after all. There should be no need to destroy any more eggs, since these creatures do not seem inherently evil, right?"

Patting MITCH on the shoulder Aearhin walks past him, following Alex out into the hallway. "The shute just leads down. It is likely to small for MITCH and probably doesn't provide a way back up. And if there is another floor below, there should be more obvious ways to get there. I say we go down the hallway. If it doesn't lead any further we can always come back here." After saying that he folds his hands behind his back and whistles a little tune, while keeping up with Alex.