PDA

View Full Version : [PTA] Unova: Home of the Braviary (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-25, 08:15 PM
It was 10 months after the failed attempt by rogue members of Team plasma tried to freeze parts of Unova. The sun beat down on the streets of Aspertia, a big difference from those cold times.

Professor Juniper had picked you all out to start a journey with your own starter pokemon, following in the footsteps of 2 past champions and a gym leader. You were sent out to meet with Bianca Bel, her so-called protégée and trainee-researcher. Unfortunately, it seemed she wasn't waiting at the pokemon center for all of you. Instead, there was a slightly scary faced young man in a tracksuit waiting there, watching over a young girl who was riding her Liepard in the streets.

Esprit15
2012-12-25, 08:27 PM
Sophia looks around at where they were supposed to meet. No sign of Ms. Bel. "Excuse me, sir. Have you seen Bianca Bel around here? About my height, blonde hair, large glasses."

Eshkigal
2012-12-25, 08:44 PM
Lucia stood back from the other two, Nevica held in her arms as a cool, comforting weight, looking around the city. So much smaller than Castelia. So much calmer. She looks to Nevica.
"Is the quiet getting to you too, girl?"
The snorunt looks up at her owner, and gives a small nod as they let the more outgoing girl talk first. Both nod along to the description.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-25, 09:38 PM
Steven sums up his courage and all his swagger. He hitches up his wrangler jeans and saunters over to the scary man. He taps the man on the shoulder to get his attention. We 'round these parts don't a-pre-she-ate creepy dudes starin' at lil' girls. Sir. His outside showed the confidence of the Taurosboy's on the old shows he watched. Inside he was already sobbing from the punch he was about to receive.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-25, 10:12 PM
'And us Aspertia City natives don't like people badmouthing others!' He slams his fist inches from Steven's face, punching the wall behind him and moving in close so Steven was trapped between this boy and the wall. He rolls a pokeball in his spare hand. 'Want to go? Right now?'

'Hugh? Is anything the matter big brother?'

'Nope, just giving these people directions to Bianca. You go on inside, take LieLie for his check-up.' Soon the littlegirldissapears into the centre.

Hugh looks at the girls. 'She'll either be at lookout point, or meeting with Cheren, the gym leader. If she's not there, go south and ask Mrs Black, she lives in the cottage by the lake, can't miss her house. She'd know how to get hold of Bianca.'

He nods, as if seeing the girls off. He doesn't move, keeping Steven pinned to the wall.

Esprit15
2012-12-25, 10:25 PM
Sophia flinches, and the Joltik in her hair gives a small 'Tik!' out of surprise as the young man lunges at the other stranger. "Lookout point, Cheren or Ms. Black. Got it." The girl is bright red and tense still, taking several seconds before backing away and heading briskly towards the gym. Shame she lacked the skill to fight for a badge, but alas, that's something for another day.

Eshkigal
2012-12-25, 10:26 PM
"Thank you."
She waves to the scary guy and the idiot, before looking to the smarter one.
"So...Gym or the point first?"

Esprit15
2012-12-25, 10:30 PM
The girl barely hears the question, and seems a bit flustered still. She barely slows down as she calls back. "I'mcheckingthegymdowhatyouwant."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-25, 10:34 PM
Colt stiffles a yelp but manages a deep gulp as the scary man became incredibly scarier. S-s-s-ssorry Sir! I, uh, er, was trying to be chivalrousn. Ya know. Like those Taurosmen on the TV. I uh, sorry. He squeaks out, not making any moves beyond trembling in unimaginable fear.

Eshkigal
2012-12-25, 10:36 PM
Lucia looks after her, and down at Nevica.
"Which way, Nevica?"
"Runt!"
The little mon squirms out of Lucia's arms, and trundles off after Sophia. Lucia nods, and pats the idiot on the shoulder.
"Try not to get too maimed."
And then she follows after Sophia, scooping up Nevica as he goes.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-25, 10:59 PM
He leans in and whispers in Steven's ear. 'Run. Next time you say that ****, I won't let you escape.'

When the girls get to the gym, a receptionist comes out to greet you. 'Hello, welcome to the trainer school, also part of Aspertia Gym. Are you here to sign up o the school or do you wish to train at the gym? I'm afraid the gym leader is a little busy at the moment.'

Perception check please

Eshkigal
2012-12-25, 11:07 PM
[roll0]
Nevica goes up to the desk and waves.
"Well, have you seen Bianca Bel today? We were told to find her."

Esprit15
2012-12-25, 11:10 PM
"I may train here later, but not currently. As my friend here said, we are looking for Ms. Bel." Sophia takes a cursory glance around the gym/school as she enters.
[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-25, 11:12 PM
Right! Won't happen again, I swear! Colt slips out from under him, dashing towards the lookout to see if Bianca was there.What the Void was I thinking!?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-25, 11:24 PM
When Colt gets to the lookout, the only person there was a photographer, taking pictures from that spot. Due to it being a 30 year old man, it pretty obviously wasn't Bianca. Being a famous beauty spot, it seemed natural for him to be taking scenic views of the surrounding area.

'I don't think she's a student here, but maybe she's in the gym training.'

Sophia notes a gigantic green hat, hanging from a hook on the gym leaders door. From what Professor Juniper had described, it could only belong to one person.

Esprit15
2012-12-25, 11:31 PM
"...yeah, she might be training. I'll just take a quick look around." How did this person not know who Bianca was? Sure, she wasn't the best known scientist in the world, but she still was a fairly big name through Unova. Or maybe that was just in some circles. "Keep an eye out, Araidne. Blonde haired girl." She feels a bit of shifting on her head as the Joltik moves for a better view. Why couldn't the girl be taller? Would actually be able to see over people. Sophia heads deeper into the gym, looking around for a girl fitting Bianca's description.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-25, 11:31 PM
Judge it! Alright where next..... GYM! Right gym. Colt doesn't even bother to check out the scenery he makes a beeline for the gym.

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 09:19 AM
"Do you have an announcement system? St. James's used to use one to page teachers or troublemakers."
Oh, how many times had she heard her name on that. Wasn't her fault most of the other kids were built like twigs.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 10:04 AM
Sophia is looking around as Colt comes barrelling through the door.

'Could a Miss Bianca Bel report to the front desk.'

You hear a voice coming from the Gym Leaders office. 'Oh no! I forgot to meet the new trainers!' A large haired, large chested blonde girl comes barreling out of the door, and face plants on the floor. A bespectacled man in a white shirt and tie comes out after her, a teapot in one hand and a teacup in the other.

'Calm down Bianca. They obviously tracked you down here.' He sees you. 'Ah, my apologies. I invited Bianca for tea to catch up, not realising she had an appointment. Would you care to join us?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 10:12 AM
*pant*pant*Tha-*pant* that b- *pant* lovely! PHEEW! Colt gasps out as he tries to catch his breath, leaning against a wall breathing heavily.

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:26 AM
"Sounds good to me. Sorry about interrupting."
She goes to help the fallen (ditzy) researcher up.

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 02:17 PM
"Sounds good to me." How this was Juniper's protégée, Sophia would never know. Forgetting to meet the people she was supposed to give Pokédexes too? For tea? She rolls her eyes. Still, must be a reason. "And not to worry. It gives excuse to come here, possibly train a bit."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 02:31 PM
Cheren and Lucia help Bianca up, and into a chair where she is served some tea.

'Sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Cheren, the local Gym Leader. I'm a friend of Bianca's, as well as a fellow recipient of a pokedex from Professor Juniper.'

'Hehe, though you and Hilda are still a bit above my league Cheren.' says the blond haired girl, blushing. She takes a small canister from her bag, and opens it to reveal 3 pokeballs, all perfectly preserved. 'First things first, you are all to receive a pokemon from me. I believe you are all familiar with the 3 basic types?'

She turns the tube to the three of you. Obviously it was first come first serve. Cheren poured some tea for the three of you.

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 05:18 PM
"Dibs on tepig!"
She snatches the pig mon's ball up happily. It's a fire type, and from what she read on them before, they grow up to like sparring later! Perfect buddy for getting some bugs!
"Thank you!"
Nevica gives Bianca's leg a hug before scampering back to Lucia, the two looking the ball over. Now, what to name it...

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 05:32 PM
Sophia smiles as Tepig is the first taken. Good, take the self-cooking bacon. Hm, an Oshawott and a Snivy remaining. Oshawott were not half bad. Sturdy mon, good fighters, loyal. Snivy on the other hand were less troublesome. Easy to keep fed thanks to their plant-like bodies. Very calm normally. And the ability to move themselves quickly using vines, or to lock down an enemy by wrapping their bodies around them.

"The serpent is mine." She takes the Snivy's ball. She gives a brief nod and smile to Bianca.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 08:51 PM
Colt draws in a deep breath finally regaining his composure only to see he was left with no options. Good thang I wanted Oshawott! He twangs as he picks up the ball.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 09:10 PM
Bianca brings out some more gadgets. 'Here. This is also a pokedex for each of you, and an Xtranciever. I've programmed in mine and the Professor's numbers.'

'Here, you can also add me if you wish. That way, you can arrange a battle ahead of time with me' adds Cheren. He hands you each a card with his number.

'And best of all .... POKEBALLS!' Bianca hands you each 5 pokeballs. 'That way you can go catch more friends, just like your new buddies you got today.'

'I'd recommend starting at Route 19. It's nice and safe, and Floccesy Town is not far from here. There is a ranch nearby where you can do some part time work if you are in need of some cash.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 09:19 PM
Ranch!? Did you say Ranch! C'mon lets go! Colt tugs uselessly at the two girls urging them out the door.

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 09:26 PM
Sophia quickly looks at the card and quickly programs in the number. "Don't worry, you can be sure that I will some time in the next- whoa!" She is easily moved by the boy of the group, causing unhappy squeaks from Ariadne as her ride is jostled. "How about we look at some of the local wilds first?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 09:38 PM
Lucia takes the items, and punches the number in, before sending tepig out and scanning him and Nevica.
"Gonna call you Prosciutto."
And then she bonks him on the head lightly.
"We're gonna work together so we can both get big and strong. That way, we can fight each other some times, and get even stronger! Sound like fun?"
She lifts the flat of her hand off the tepig's head, who gives a small grunt of approval. That sounds like fun times! Lucia stands up, with Nevica going over to the fiery pig to get to know the new member of the team.
"Now, who wants to catch more?"
This may be the most fired up she's been this whole time.
[roll0]-wild roll

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 09:55 PM
'If you can beat me, I'll throw in a nice surprise for you all' says Cheren, as he and Bianca wave you off. Upon finding your way out to Route 19, you come across a small dog barking at 2 cats, who both seem to be hissing at it.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 10:02 PM
Ich, cats! Westin, spook 'em! With over exaggerated flare, Colt releases the Yamask next to the kitties, who quickly makes a scary face.

[roll0] AC 2 flinch on 18+
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 10:03 PM
Lucia runs with her two mon in front, before seeing the dog and two cats. She takes a moment to scan them, before looking to Prosciutto.
"Let's see what you've got, Prosciutto!"
The tepig snorts, before barreling forwards. Then he gives off a large yawn, which causes the group to pause and yawn.

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 10:08 PM
As they walk, Sophia gets to know the Snivy, naming it and getting a general feel for how it acts.

As the boy sends his Yamask out, Sophia points Ariadne to the injured Purrloin. "Leech Life, Ariadne." The Joltik crawls over with great speed, biting onto the cat.
Leech Life
Bug, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: +[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 10:36 PM
One of the cats goes down, the other swiping away at Westin, to no effect. The dog jumps at Prosciutto, sinking it's teeth into his neck for 26 dark damage, flinching him.

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 10:53 PM
"Good girl! Now Asclepius, lets try to hit the Lillipup with Twister!" The Snivy summons up a small storm of wind that directs itself at the Lillipup.
Twister
Dragon, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Flinch on 18-20

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 10:59 PM
Alright! Keep it up Westin! The Yamask spins its dual heads around in a bewildering pattern before the real one goes MASK! in the kitty's face.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:02 PM
"Hey, no. Drop Prosciutto."
Lucia goes towards the dog, reaching for it to pull it off while speaking in authoritative tones. Have to take hold of the situation early, after all.
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:03 PM
And just because...
[roll0]-accuracy

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 11:17 PM
Lucia lifts the Lilipup, but it wriggles loose, and falls asleep as it's falling, hitting the ground. The cat swipes feebly at Asclepius, but it's attack is easily dodged. It too falls asleep.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 11:23 PM
Alrighty! Lets wrangle these up nice and quick! Westin continues to make scary faces at the Purloin while Colt chucks a pokeball with a bit of extra spin at the puppy.

[roll0] curve ball +3 damage
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:25 PM
Lucia detaches one of the new pokeballs and tosses it at the purrloin.
"C'mere, you'll be just fine..."
[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 11:28 PM
Eh, seems they want the mons. She calls off Asclepius before he sends another burst of wind, and lobs a ball at the cat.
Capture roll: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 11:33 PM
The 2 pokes are caught, leaving one knocked out kitty and 2 full pokeballs.

Purrloin, level 6, Adamant, Female, Limber

Lillipup, level 8, Impish, Male, Pick-up

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:39 PM
Lucia climbs the tree and grabs the pokeballs lodged in the tree, one broken and one full, tossing them down before gently grabbing the other injured cat. On the ground, she looks at Sophia.
"So, is there anything you want for the cat?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 11:43 PM
Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa! Great job Westin! Colt mosey's on over to his new Lillipup, picking up the ball. He scoops up the scraps of the failed pokeball with it. Heres a little trick I learned. He plops down, Westin floating his fake head around his neck, looking over his shoulder. He pulls out a small metal toolbox, pulling out some fancy pansty techy stuff and fiddles with the broken pieces of pokeball.

After a few minutes, Colt exclaims Carn sarn it! Can't get the blasted thing to fit right. I'll try again tomorrow alright? He gives the little girl an honest, hard working grin.
[roll0] Need 15 to repair. Woo getting both stats instead of only half of one!

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 11:50 PM
Sophia watches the ball nearly seem restored to good until he misaligns a piece and fails to get the rest to fit, damaging the misplaced part. "...yeah, keep practicing that..." She looks over to the ball, seeing that Lucia grabbed it. "Well, what have you got to offer?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 11:53 PM
"Not much at the moment. Another pokeball?"
She pulls one out.
"...I look for something that you'd like too? Or I could see if the center can help that one so I can catch it."
She looks over at Colt, kneeling down to put the cat down, and gently rub Prosciutto's neck.
"No rush."

Esprit15
2012-12-27, 12:05 AM
"...keep the ball. We'll say you owe me a small favor then, or a simple catch later on." She smiles a bit, and pauses just long enough that it sounds as though she were done speaking before continuing. "We were heading to the ranch, no?" She gives a whistle and Ariadne strings her way over to the girl, crawling back up to her favorite viewing spot. The Snivy looks up at its trainer before walking alongside her.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 10:23 AM
"Works for me. I'm going to get these guys to a Center first, so you can come with me or I'll meet you there."
With that, she takes the purrloin ball and the unconscious one, and heads to the center with her other mon in tow. She waits (if needed), and goes to the desk.
"Hi, I have two team mates and a wild that I'd like healed and either released or put as a pet. Do centers take care of wilds like that?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 11:42 AM
On route to the ranch, you come across the small Town of Floccesy . Other than a big log cabin and a PokeCentre there wasn't much here. There seemed to be hardly any trainers in town.

'Wilds don't count to your allotted team healing allowance dear, so we'd have to charge for healing, and we can't be responsible for what happens when it awakens.' They heal up your team, then revive the kitty, but ask you to take it to the border of town before it awakens.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 02:50 PM
"Alright, then."
Lucia wanders towards the outskirts, absentmindedly petting the unconscious purrloin as she goes, thinking. This one might be kin to the one she owns. Wouldn't be right to separate them, right? Never feels good losing anyone.
"...Nevica, I'm going to need you to translate. Can you do that for me?"
The little snorunt looks up, before nodding. Once at the route, she arranges the purrloin comfortably on the side of the road, and sends Nera out.
"Okay, Nevica. I want to ask if they're family, and tell her that I want to invite the other one along too."
And Nevica gets to that task, while Lucia watches the cats intently.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 05:54 PM
Nera and the other Purrloin jump on Nevicia, biting and clawing at her. Not really attacking her, more just being a nuisance to her than anything.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 06:09 PM
"Hey!"
Lucia grabs them behind their necks as Nevica just draws her little tent/coat thing around her. That's where parent cat mon normally grabbed kids, right?
"No ganging up like that! Who'll Prosciutto get to brawl with?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 06:16 PM
The cats both start to chew on your hands, though they weren't breaking the skin.

Esprit15
2012-12-27, 06:25 PM
Sophia watches the girl struggle with the cats. "Might I suggest some food?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-27, 06:28 PM
Thank you Miss. Colt said with his practised twangHe goes outside releasing all his mon starting with Westin then Smith and finally Trigger.. Hey guys! And, uh, girl. You are Smith and youare Trigger. He says pointing to the Osha and Pup respectively.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 06:40 PM
Lucia looks up, confused.
"Think they just want to play. Nevica and I did this all the time growing up."
She puts them down as Nevica smacks at one's tail. She then waves Prosciutto over, watching him leap into the chance for a minor scrap.
"If they meant harm, they'd bite harder. It's a game."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 07:26 PM
The cats start to wrestle Prosciutto and Nevicia, using their superior agility to hound the other two.

Smith seems happy with the name, but Trigger just growls at the sight of the 2 cats playing, not paying attention to you.

Esprit15
2012-12-27, 09:16 PM
"Guys, may we get a move on? You were the ones excited to go to a farm."

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 09:30 PM
"No, that was you two. Though you could both probably use a bit of activity."
She gives a shrill whistle, which causes Nevica to look up and scurry over. Prosciutto looks confused, as do Nera and the wild cat.
"I whistle, that means stop and come here. All of you come here. Come with me and I give you food, safety, and more play time, got it?"
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 09:34 PM
[roll0]
Nothing. Time to assert authority then.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 09:37 PM
The cats and Prosciutto all ignore you. But another sharp whistle and a stomp of the foot with the ground cracking underneath, sending a small piece of stone flying inches past Sophia's face, get them to snap to attention and come running over to you.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-27, 09:39 PM
Right. C'mon fellas! Roger motions for the trio of mon to follow him.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 09:46 PM
"You."
She points to the wild, and pulls out a pokeball. Her fingers make small, easy indentations in the new pokeball's metal as she fixes it with a stare that, much like her fists, could shatter stone.
"In, now."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 09:50 PM
It climbs in the ball without protest.

exact same stats as the previous one

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 10:00 PM
"Right then."
She sends the purrloin back out, and points to each.
"Nera. And...Clara. Welcome aboard you two!"
She gives each a hug.
"Going to keep you both in the balls for a bit, but you'll get to stretch soon enough."
She pets them, before putting them back in the balls. She looks to the others.
"Okay, ready!"

Esprit15
2012-12-27, 10:34 PM
Sophia goes wide eyed as the sharp little rock flies right in front of her eyes, just grazing her hair. "...alright, let's go." Should really look up what is findable on these routes some time when I get some down time. Know what to keep an eye out for, or look out for.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 10:48 PM
Lucia follows, looking around for something interesting.
[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-27, 11:19 PM
Colt skips along the way, realizing mid-stride Cowboy's don't skip, causing him to stumble and nearly face plant.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 12:00 AM
Upon arriving at the ranch, you are all given various tasks to do by the manager after he hears Cheren sent you. If ou all help with some minor tasks, you can help herd the cattle after, and get a fre meal out of it as well as some pay.

Sophia is sent to tally the cattle, but no matter how many times she counts the cattle, something was wrong. There was one too many, and that didn't add up.

Lucia was sent to clear some rubbish from the fields, keeping it nice and clear looking. She collects a bagful, but as she throws it in the trash, a strange round head pokes up, covered in rubbish. It blinks at her in response.

Colt is sent to check the fence and mend it where the suspect something is breaking in. It was a small hole, no bigger than a foot off the ground. It was too small for a baby Bouffalant to fit through, and the lack of wool suggested it wasn't a Mareep escaping. A rustling in the bushes tells him he isn't alone.

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 12:11 AM
"...39, 40, 41... One more than he said. Judge it! Stand still! I keep counting one of you twice!"
INT: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 12:14 AM
"...Hi. What're you doing in the trash? That's no place for something alive to be..."
She backs off, slightly wary as she goes for her dex. Prosciutto and Nevica eye the mon warily.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 12:19 AM
Sophia thinks to herself:

Hmm? 1 less would mean one escaped. But 1 more means, and I'm sure there is an extra one, would mean a fake. One of these probably isn't a Bouffalant, and only 2 pokemon could fit that criteria....

The thing in the trash can floats up and out the can, slowly gaining altitude. It's big round body looks down at you.

it's about 4 meters in the air. Wait for scan result, or act now?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 12:25 AM
Colt releases Trigger at his heels. Hey buddy. Can you go sniff out that bush over there? Be careful though. Its a rustlin'. Colt holds his dex up, ready to scan.

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 12:29 AM
...AH! Of course. If they're too similar to recognize at a glance, just use the dex to scan them. She gets close enough for the dex to identify them reliably and makes a quick run through of the area.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 12:33 AM
Bouffalant.... Bouffalant.... Bouffalant.... Zorua.... Bouffalant.... wait, what?

Trigger goes to investigate, but as soon as he approaches, another small brown dog rushes out, tackling him and knocking him over for 23 normal damage. Well, it looked like a dog, but it didn't look anything like Trigger.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 12:37 AM
"Hey, wait, don't go yet! I wanna figure out what you are!"
It looked so familiar, too...
The pokedex pings, and she looks at it. Drifloon? Her mother had one like that. Before the accident. Before...she needs this.
"Wait, don't run!"

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 12:43 AM
Sophia pauses, then returns to the one that registered as a Zorua. "Clever little guy. Now why are you hiding out among all of these Bouffalant?" Her Joltik chirps at the Zorua. Is it friendly? Does it want to hurt Sophia?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 01:00 AM
Colt scans the thing fast, ordering Colt. Bite it fast!

[roll0]
[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 10:09 AM
The little dog staggers from the hit, obviously hurt from the attack. It hops back, then slams in for another tackle, this time for 30 damage.

The balloon was now a good 6 meters in the air, slowly rising. It was still in pokeball range, or it was close enough to the building that she could climb up and maybe grab it by the string.

The fake cattle sees Sophia coming towards it, and starts to move away from her, attempting to move so the real cattle were between her and it.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 10:34 AM
"Hey!"
She pulls out a pokeball.
"I asked you to wait!"
She tosses it at the little balloon mon.
[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 10:48 AM
The little pup yelps as it falls to the ground unconscious. Drat! Smith, lets go! Hit it with a Water Pledge! Be careful..... Colt starts to edge away, but he steels himself and holds firm.

[roll0] AC 2 Special Water
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 11:36 AM
"Asclepius, Twister, that specific one." She points to the imposter. How would they react to one of their own being attacked and then changing forms? Ignore it? Terror? Anger? She pulls out a two balls, one for Asclepius, one for the Zorua, and gets ready to run if things to south.
Twister
Dragon, Special
If Crit:+[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 12:23 PM
The ball sails by the Drifloon, missing it, as it rises higher and higher. The ball soon falls back to earth and splits in half from the fall.

The Twister hits the Bouffalant, causing it to explose in a puff of smoke and replaced with a small Zorua. This causes the rest of the herd to get spooked and start to flee. The Zorua gives Asclepius a dirty look.

Zorua uses Leer. Asclepius loses 1 defence CS

The dog, now identified as an Eevee, reels from the hit and decides to flee. It kicks sand at Smith, blinding him.

-1 to AC rolls due to sand attack

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 12:37 PM
"Such a rude little thing. Asclepius, back off and hit it with another Twister." Asclepius moves to the maximum range he can hit the Zorua with Twister from (10m), and spins up another whirlwind.
You know this
And this

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 12:40 PM
"Nevica, aerial grapple!"
The snorunt nods, bracing herself. This can get messy, but, well...she remembers. That is enough for Nevica. Lucia picks her up, and here's the wind up...
"Sorry if this hurts, girl..."
And the pitch, Nevica's jaws wide open to try and latch on!
[roll0]
[roll1]-bite
[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 02:47 PM
Nevicia gets ready to chomp on, but due to Lucia's crap throw, the Snurut ends up falling straight down and chomps of Lucia's face. She could swear the balloon was laughing at her.

the previous attack hits Lucia

The Zorua rushes at Sophia, and hits her with a Pursuit, causing 20 dark physical samage.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 03:13 PM
HP: 63
As her head bleeds from the snorunt jaws latched onto the top of it, Lucia finally remembers how this has always turned out.
"Right, this's why we stopped doing that..."
Meanwhile, Prosciutto moves right under the balloon and sends up a burst of fire.
[roll0] ember, 2+sp def, burns on 19-20
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 03:13 PM
Sophia slams the empty ball into the Zorua's head.
Capture Roll: [roll0]
"Asclepius, if this doesn't catch, Grass Pledge the little Muker."
Grass Pledge
Special, Grass
AC: [roll1] 2
Damage: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 04:53 PM
No wait! Come back! Please!? Colt chucks a pokeball after the Eevee, chasing after it with Smith at his heels.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 05:40 PM
Colt manages to wrangle himself an Eevee.

Level 9, male, adaptability, docile

Sophia smashes the Zorua into the ball, and clamps it shut so it won't escape.

level 7, female, illusion, quirky

The Drifloon, not too pleased at having it's string set on fire, it floats down to 5 meters off the ground and aims a Gust at Nevicia, but it easily misses.

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 05:50 PM
"Muking Illusionary mons..." She grabs at her side where she was hit. Training the Zorua would be fun. Could work on evasion first! Sophia walks back to the main building. "You had an extra mon out there. A Zorua was pretending to be one of your Boufalant."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 05:53 PM
Hot dog! Thank you Smith! The Oshawatt cheers excitedly, jumping up and down. C'mon, lets finish up this work before we meet our new friend alright? The otter nods and they quickly get back to work.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 06:25 PM
"Okay, let's try this again...get in the ball!"
She tosses another one at the now hostile drifloon, while Pros gets ready to blast it again if this fails.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 06:39 PM
The pokeball closes on the Drifloon, and it falls to the ground. It shakes once .... twice ..... gah, so close. It breaks out right before it was caught.

It pops out the ball, inches from Lucia, and launches a Gust at Prosciutto after he hits it. The pig manages to easily dodge out the road.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 07:27 PM
"Okay, listen. Get in and stay in, or else I'm going to have Nevica freeze you. I don't want to do that because you remind me of good times. Got it?!"
Let's try this one more time...
[roll0]
Meanwhile, Nevica's been struggling to get her mouth unstuck from Lucia's skull, and finally succeeds. If the ball breaks again, she blasts it with ice and snow.
[roll1]
[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 07:47 PM
The Drifloon glares at Lucia, but she chucks the ball with such force, she stuns the pokemon and succeeds in catching it.

level 6, female, aftermath, relaxed

The ranch owner listens to Sophia. 'Hmm, that would explain the extra food that went missing recently. Thanks for that. You kids ready to heard some Bouffalant?'

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 08:03 PM
"Good girl."
She smiles as the drifloon goes in, and picks the ball up.
"I know just what to name you, too."
She sends her out, looking the drifloon in the eyes as she does.
"You remind me of my mother, who was a great ghost ace. She's...she's not here any more, but since you're my first ghost, I'm naming you after her. You are Andrea Turillo, now."
Before the drifloon can do anything, she hugs it close, and tight.
"I'm sorry, but I couldn't let you get away. I don't have much from her...Nevica is all I have of my mom, and all I have from dad is his lucky Almian Army Knife."
She lets go, and shakes her head.
"But you probably don't care about that. Right."

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 08:12 PM
"Sure, I guess. Got anything for injuries from a Zorua? Little Mu- brat, nicked me good when I was getting it out of the herd."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 11:54 PM
The Drifloon pushes you away with it's string, not wanting to get so emotional after just meeting you.

'Sure, two secs. Honey, c'mere!' He calls over his wife, who quickly patches up you and the Zorua too. 'She's a medic, and a good one at that. As long as you are working here, if you need healing, don't be afraid to ask. Now go get those friends of yours.'

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 12:03 AM
"Aye, got it." Aye? Why the Muk did the word 'aye' come out?

Sophia runs back outside, finding the others. "You guys done? Rancher wants us to help with herding Bouffalant!"

Eshkigal
2012-12-29, 12:08 AM
"Sorry. Just wanted you to know."
She lets the drifloon float away a bit.
"Alright, after I finish my job, we'll get you all fixed up, okay? Get you to the center so you'll feel better."
Ignoring the wound on her head still bleeding, she takes the trash and puts it in the bin. She then goes to the ranchers, moving her bandana to keep blood off it.
"Hey, is it okay if I take Andrea here to the center quickly?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 12:19 AM
Ya just finishing up. Found this little bugger digging holes near the fence. He shows the new Eevee's pokeball, Smith standing proud over his victory.

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 12:20 AM
Sophia looks at the boy, so proud of his ball. "Uh-huh..."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 02:54 PM
The wife comes running over to Lucia. 'Oh, you silly girl. C'mere, let's get you both patched up. I know you're worried about your pokemon, but take better care of yourself.'

She takes Lucia inside and heals her and Andrea up.

The boss waves Sophia and Colt over. 'Right, the plan is to herd the Bouffalant to the next field over. Use your pokemon, but try to avoid excessively hurting them.' He brings out 2 Herdier, ready to herd the Bouffalant, and mounts a Zebstrika.

Feel free to scan the pokemon, as well as each others.

'Scary' moves (like roar, howl) will be more effective than damaging moves.

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 03:21 PM
"Alright, got it." She recalls Asclepius. He was good, better in most fights that Ariadne, but the Joltik would probably be more help here. Sophia follows the man, Ariadne shifting to her hand. "So lead them where?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 05:08 PM
I have an idea. Westin! The Yamask appears behind the boy's head out of no where. Up for scaring some cattle? Westin's face doesn't change at all but Colt takes it as a 'yes' Alrighty, where too?

Eshkigal
2012-12-29, 05:14 PM
"This? Happens all the time."
Regardless, she follows after her, and comes out with a bandaged head. On hearing the job, Lucia pauses, before pointing to Nevica.
"Nevi, double team. Pros, you'll be in back with me and the real Nevica. Andrea, you'll be on one side helping Nevi 2 to keep them going where we want them to. Kick up wind, scary faces, simple stuff. Nevi 3 and 4 on the other side and doing the same thing, real Nevi with me."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 05:47 PM
The breeder orders a loud Roar from his Herdier, getting the cattle moving.

'That field over yonder' he points. He spurs his Zebstrika forward, and runs up the left side, keeping the cows from wandering into the a crop field.

You notice the right side is clear for them to escape from, and the Herdier at the back could also use some support. Also, a couple Mareep havestarted to chase after the herd, which could be bad if they get mixed up.

Try and do it in 3 turns.

Pick a move, roll AC, damage and an extra d20 for the GM

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 05:55 PM
"Okay Ariadne, keep the Mareep away. Screech at them nice and loud." She points the hand with her Joltik on it at the Mareep, and the little spider lets out a piercing cry, surprisingly loud for something so small.
Screech
AC: [roll0] -1
Extra dice: [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 05:57 PM
Westin, go right and spook 'em back in line! The ghost floats around the herd, making scary faces.

[roll0] AC 2 [roll1] [roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-12-29, 06:31 PM
"Nevi, make a show of it!"
One double team clone falls towards the back, and the other two moving make for the right. They begin leering at the herd in a way remniscent of predatory animals, which Nevica does from Lucia's arms as well.
[roll0]-Leer

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 08:00 PM
The Mareep flee in fear back to their flock.

The cattle move, taking a leasuraly pace, not too fast, not too slow. However, on the right, all was not well. Two break off, veering away.

'Don't all chase after them, we need to keep the Bouffalant moving forward.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 08:12 PM
Before forgetting, Colt scans the buffalo, the sheep, and the doggies. We got the stragglers! Westin wrangle them back in! The ghost floats over towards the stragglers, popping in and out of sight, spooking them.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 09:42 PM
"Good girl. Now how about a bright burst of electricity? Very low amp, medium volt. Scare them but don't hit anything." Myself included. Ariadne hops down to the ground and lets off some bright sparks of electricity as Sophia steps back.
Zapper
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-12-29, 10:18 PM
"Hm, less effective than expected...Andrea, keep them straight by making the sides unappealing."
The drifloon send out a gale to kick up dust and grit, enough to annoy, but not to blind or harm.
[roll0]-using guster to make sure they don't drift
[roll1]-dm roll

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 10:47 PM
Colt forces the starys back to the herd, while the girls keep them moving at a steady pace.

'Okay, keep it easy. Nearly there, just don't spook 'em.' The breeder pulls out ahead of the heard, moving in front and getting ready to cut them off to stop them when they got there. This did however mean that the left side was now only manned by one Herdier.

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 11:03 PM
Sophia grabs Ariadne and runs towards the left side. "Get over there and let out another Screech." The Joltik threads her way over the rest of the way to the other side, letting off another shrill cry.
Screech
AC: [roll0] -1
Extra Dice: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 02:45 AM
"Keep them moving, Adorea!"
The drifloon keeps up gusts, blowing dust at anyone trying to get away on her side.
[roll0]-still using guster ability
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-30, 07:57 PM
Alright Westin, lets pull up the rear! Westin begins to phase, letting the herd pass through him, startling the ones in back.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-31, 12:39 PM
Westin scares the cattle a little too well, causing the ones at the back to panic. The Bouffalant spook, and start to run. They bah into Lucia and Sophia as they try and contain them.

Sophia, 15 damage
Lucia, 10 damage
Ariadne, 16 damage

The farmer swings his Zebstrika back, and releases a Discharge into the herd and stopping them.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa! I told you, keep it easy.'

He and the dogs start to circle round the herd, calming them. 'You had a good start, but seemed a mite impatient to get this done. Just take it easy next time, okay?'

He hands you each 1,400 Unovan dollars for the help.

Esprit15
2012-12-31, 01:47 PM
Sophia falls back onto Ariadne, then yells out in pain as her leg is kicked by one of the panicked mons. Calm down, could be worse, doesn't look broken, only bruised. She tries to roll off of the Joltik gently. By now the Bouffalant had been calmed. "Ariadne!" The Joltik shakes itself, but is otherwise unharmed, and gives an optimistic 'Tik!' Hardy little things. Still, she carefully picks the Joltik off the ground.

"Why am I not surprised who... Thank you, sir. Now about that meal and healing..."

Eshkigal
2012-12-31, 01:57 PM
Meanwhile, Lucia caught an impromptu ride with one, trying to untangle herself from it's afro like hair when they finally stop.
"That last bit was not pleasant at all."
Nevica comes over and begins nuzzling her trainer's leg, glad she's otherwise okay. The double team fades.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-31, 11:39 PM
Colt slowly comes to a stop, a deal of distance away from the near-stampede. That didn't go like I planned.... Colt starts when he heres the rancher yell at him and cringes when he sees his new friends suffer for his overzealous ambition. Uh, sorry.... Westin is sorry too. Despite the ghosts unchanging face.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-01, 12:02 PM
'Hey, look ... it was an accident. Happens to al of us. Just learn from it.' He gives Colt a pat on the shoulder. 'Anyone hurt, head inside. The Misses will have cooked up dinner by now. Let's go get healed up and eat.'

At this point, all 3 of your Xtransceivers go off at the same time.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 12:43 PM
Right. Mistake. Colt jumps again when his watch starts ringing. Confused, he tries hitting several buttons till the video feature turns on. Oh! Its a video phone!

Esprit15
2013-01-01, 01:44 PM
"Thank you again." She answers the call as the group heads back to get cared for and fed.

Eshkigal
2013-01-01, 05:24 PM
"Doesn't mean we can't rib him a bit."
She follows and answers her x-transceiver as well.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 09:47 AM
The face of Professor Juniper pops up on the screen, recognisable to all of you immediately, while two other sections show Cheren and Bianca. 'Hey kids, how's things going? Could you all do me a huge favour?'

Cheren gives a small cough. 'Actually, it's a favour to me. You see, two Gym Leaders from another region have come to Aspertia, and they were hoping for a Battle with me. But they are tag battlers. So I want Bianca as my Tag Partner for this battle. Even if she doesn't look it, she's more than a competent battler.'

Bianca blushes. 'But I was supposed to deliver a Pokedex the Professor had fixed for a trainer waiting in Viribank City. But I can't make it there and back in time for the match, none of my Pokemon are flying type.'

'Could one of you take the pokedex to the trainer for me? I've heard the Viribank Complex has some rare pokemon nearby. I could be worth a check.'

'I can give the pokedex to one of my pokemon, and send it to the ranch's PC. Just take the pokedex to Viribank, then end the pokemon back when you reach the Viribank PokeCentre. If you do this for me, I'll be sure to accept your challenges in person when you come back.'

Eshkigal
2013-01-02, 10:53 AM
"Sure, I'll take it."

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 01:59 PM
"Yeah, not a problem."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 04:08 PM
Colt tips his head to his wrist, turning on his practiced swagger. Now I can't say no to a purty lady, know can I? I'll get it done quick, don't chu worreh! He finishes with a wink. A manly wink. At least he hoped it was manly.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 04:59 PM
"...actually, if this isn't requiring of all of us, would it be possible to watch the battle?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 05:49 PM
'It shouldn't take more than one of you. If you wish to come see the battle, feel free. It's with two Gym Leaders from the Hoenn region, so no doubt it'll be interesting. That and I'll be breaking out a couple members of my old team, ones I can't use against challengers with no badges like yourself.'

'The area between Virbank and the ranch is especially peaceful. There should be no wilds between there and the city one of you can't manage now you all have at least one pokemon.'

'Ohh, Colt. Make sure you go!' Bianca wags her finger at Colt. 'I don't know anything about this trainer, but their name is Topaz. That sure sounds like a cute girls name, doesn't it.' She gives him a little wink. 'The pokedex even has a built in Contest Pass, so if it's a Coordinator, she'd be extra cute.'

The wife of the rancher makes some steak sandwiches that you all can eat on the road, so you can all head now if you wish. The PC in the house dings, and Cheren's pokemon arrives, ready to be collected.

Topaz

Topaz waits at the PokeCentre in Virbank City. This Bianca chick must be running late. Why did Professor Birch send say your pokedex needed upgrading anyway? Still, there was lots to do in Virbank as you wait.

The Pokewood Studios were to the north, and were always welcome to new guests. Or you could check out the music club, run by the Gym Leader. The docks and the factory complex seemed to be good spots for wild pokemon, and there was some big gathering going on to the west, near the entrance to the city.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 05:59 PM
"Perfect, I'll be back shortly. Don't know if the others will come too. We'll sort it out." Did she just try to set up Colt? "Oh, take the dex from the mon now, I'll return it to Cheren."

Arcran
2013-01-02, 06:07 PM
As soon the thought of Wild Pokemon enters Topaz's mind he almost chuckles. Him? Catch wild Pokemon? That's a terrible idea! Nana or Ronar might get hurt or, even worse, dirty. No, he could find more entertaining pastimes here.

He pulls out his old Contest Pass with some regret. Shame that his Hoenn one didn't work here. He'd already tried a few times, but those people were Adamant. For having a Cool Nature they weren't very cool. He could try music, but he didn't have a very good voice or any musical talent to speak of. Pokestar... Well, being on TV might not be the best plan, but he was hurting for money. What if they made his Pokemon battle something though? That would be bad. If he had to, maybe he'd head that way and see if he could get a non-combatant role.

Since all his other options were mediocre, Topaz decides to head towards the gathering, taking care to not step in the mud that seems to be lying around the city in copious amounts. Stupid mud. Can't even let out his Pokemon without being in trouble. What a shame.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 06:23 PM
Oh umm.... Colt turns a bright shade of red before returning to his suave facade. Right of course! Can't let a damsel in distress stay in, er, distress.

Later
Thanks fer the grub ma'am. It was delicious. Uh, sorry for the whole stampede thing. Really sorry. Westin got a bit carried away. Right Westin. Westin just stares. Good. Guess time for me to mozzy over to Virbank with that dar mon. Colt saunters over the PC, looking quite the fool, picking up the ball, before walking out the door. A moment later he pokes his head in calling Sophia, if y'all wanna join me, ya can!

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 06:32 PM
"Nah, I'm gonna head back and watch the battle, then train at the gym a bit," as I had just said before. "How about you take the Pokedéx now, I run the Pokémon back?"

Eshkigal
2013-01-02, 07:29 PM
"And I'll keep Colt from hurting himself or make other people hurt him!"
She says that with a cheerful grin, the steak sandwich she was given already gone. Pros and Andrea out.
[roll0]-wild roll for the road.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 07:33 PM
Oh ya I guess. Colt releases the mon handing over the ball and taking the dex.

Eshkigal
2013-01-02, 07:43 PM
"Wait. Lemme see it."
She snatches the dex out of Colt's hands deftly and begins scanning mon that are out. Bouffalant, mareep, her full team is sent out, herdier...
"Can I see your teams? Maybe your teams too?"
She points to the ranchers and flips out her own dex.
"It's a common courtesy to scan things when others can't for them, right?"

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 07:59 PM
"Sure." She lets out the Snivy, and the Zorua with some reluctance, quickly recalling it before it can act up. They should really just pick up a book once in a while, not have to rely on a stupid little machine to hold all the information they need.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 08:05 PM
Colt releases Smith, Westin, Trigger and the hereto unnamed Eevee. This is my little herd.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 08:46 PM
The pokemon are scanned, along with a strange floating pink and blue pokemon identified as Porygon2. It allows you to take the pokedex, scan it, then return it to it's bal with next to no hassle. Seems Cheren's pokemon were very well behaved.

Sophia

You take the Pory and head back to Aspertia. When you get there, the same spiky haired teen from before was waiting for you. 'You the one who wanted to see the Tag Battle? Better hurry up, it'll start any minute. C'mon.' He leads you to the gym.

Topaz

When you reach the edge of the city, you see a fairly large crowd gathered round a man, listening to him speak. Surprisingly, there were no decorations, and the man spoke with no microphone. Yet his voice carried, and everyone seems hooked on his words. He was flanked by 2 beautiful women, easily both were of supermodel looks. A few men in white knightly armour stood near him, but the crowd seemed pretty subdued, no one tried to rush him, and the front row was sitting down so those behind could see.

The green haired man continued. 'Brothers and sisters, we are all united in our love. Love for pokemon. Once upon a time, I know I thought of trainers as uncaring beasts, forcing pokemon to battle. Now I know this is no longer true. They are among those with the closest bonds to pokemon. Yet still I ask, "why make the fight"? With sports, contests and performance, we now have many other ways to bond with our pokemon. I am not decrying you, for I too have made mistakes. I am simply asking you to look beyond, and learn. I encourage those who seek peaceful co-existence with pokemon. And to those who continue to battle, I ask only you take care of your pokemon, as they take care for you. Perhaps one day we shall see an end to pokemon battling. Until that day, I shall strive to change your minds, using peaceful ways. Wit discussion and dialouge. Thank you.'

He receives a small smattering of polite applause, though Topaz was sure he could make out a female voice shouting 'Tauros s***' somewhere.

Arcran
2013-01-02, 08:52 PM
Topaz listens to this, clapping a little louder than the rest of the crowd. This man knew what he was talking about. He understood! Topaz had never met somebody like-minded when it came to Pokemon battles. Excited he patiently waits for the crowd to disperse so he can talk to the man one on one, excited to meet somebody as opposed to battling as he. While Topaz wasn't going to go as far as stand on a soapbox telling people to not battle, somebody that would appreciate his choice would be a welcome change.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 08:52 PM
Lucia you ready? We should head out to Virbank. Colt motions towards the door.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 08:54 PM
"Yes, that was me. If I plan to battle him for a badge, I should see how he fights." She follows the guy. Upon seeing Cheren, she hands him the ball for the Porygon2. "Where would I find something like that Porygon2?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 09:55 PM
Lucia and Colt

On the way, just as you are walking across the green stretch of land between the two cities, a small fuzzy thing starts to fly overhead.

Sophia

'I met a number of foreign gym leaders when I joined the league. I set up a breeding exchange program with Whitney, a gym leader from Johto and her friend Lyra. They breed Johto natives, Hugh here helps me with Unovan pokemon and breeding those sent by Whitney.'

'It's interesting seeing pokemon you'd never see in normal life up close' says Hugh, seemingly much more reasonable when not called a paedophile by jerk cowboys.

'I plan on distributing some of these pokemon and others to winners of my gym challenge, and encourage others to do the same. Roxie has already joined with me. She was eager to get her hands on an Ekans. I've heard she gets on quite well with Janine, a poison type trainer from Kanto.'

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 10:02 PM
Colt releases Trigger. You see that Lucia? Wonder what it is...

Eshkigal
2013-01-02, 10:04 PM
"Yeah, ready."
And off they go!

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 10:05 PM
Topaz

The man nods to the crowd, and walks among the people, talking to many of them. At this point, a few more of the white knight looking people arrive. They move through the crowd, handing out flyers.

'Here, come to the Plasma chapter house if you ever wish to talk or seek help for mistreated pokemon. We are trying to raise funds to establish one in each city.' It has a number, and an address in some place called Driftveil City.

Arcran
2013-01-02, 10:11 PM
Topaz

The man nods to the crowd, and walks among the people, talking to many of them. At this point, a few more of the white knight looking people arrive. They move through the crowd, handing out flyers.

'Here, come to the Plasma chapter house if you ever wish to talk or seek help for mistreated pokemon. We are trying to raise funds to establish one in each city.' It has a number, and an address in some place called Driftveil City.

Topaz happily takes the flyer, pocketing it for future use. If he can, he approaches the man.

Hey, he says, extending his hand. My name is Topaz and I'd just like to say that I'm impressed with what you're doing and would like to thank you. It'd be nice if avoiding a battle wasn't looked down upon by so many, he says sincerely.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 10:22 PM
"Huh, interesting. So you would have things like Miltank and Sentret to give away to winners." I wonder if he would use any Johto Pokémon against trainers then. Always a possibility, I suppose, and something to plan for. "Well, I did come to see your battle, not interrogate you about a breeding program. Who are the leaders?"

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 12:05 AM
"Good question. Andrea, can you go ask it to come down please?"
And the balloon rises up, to try and get the fluttering thing's attention.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-03, 11:01 AM
The Dynamic Duo

Andrea floats up to the thing, can it comes over to look at her. Unprovoked, she slaps it with an Astonish, smacking it. The fuzzy flyer looks put out, and smacks Andrea with a confusion, causing 20 special psychic damage.

Topaz

The man lets you approach. 'Nice to see someone who shares my views.' He bows his head at you, radiating calmness. 'If I'm not mistaken, you're from Hoenn, correct? I'd have thought the home region of pokemon contests would be more open to non-violent competition. Thankfully, this region is slowly accepting my ideals, and we have the champion who will watch over the league. If you wish to, we'd gladly accept you into our foundation.'

Sophia

Two children, even younger than Colt, approach Cheren. They were dressed in strange garb not native to Unova, and they looked like twins, with some subtle differences. They were slightly androgynous, so you have a hard time telling if they were male, female or one of each.

'Are you ready to begin?' asks one. Cheren leads them out the back of the school, to a large open pitch. Bianca was waiting, and Cheren takes his place beside her. The two twins bow to them, and send out two Alakazam. Cheren sends out a Serperior, which looks different from most, likely type shifted, while Bianca sends out an Emboar.

'So, who do you think will win?' asks Hugh. 'These two are apparently quite experienced for their young age, and can communicate telepathically. They probably have more experience tag battling. Cheren on the other hand is a bit of a powerhouse. For his lack of gym leader experience, I've heard he could have challenged the league. Too bad both N and Hilda White were also around that year. And Bianca was a companion of Cheren and Hilda. I'd not underestimate her.'

'Want to bet on it?'

Arcran
2013-01-03, 12:12 PM
What would that entail? Topaz asks, making sure he isn't getting roped into something he wouldn't want to do.

Esprit15
2013-01-03, 12:49 PM
Her mind starts to wander a bit. White, Hilda White. If they were the companions of the champion, then they definitely were strong trainers. "Depends which side you're betting on. I'll put ^1000 on Cheren and Bianca, though it sounds like you're rooting for them as well."

She starts trying to recall what she knew about Hilda now, realizing what little she did know off the top of her head.
INT check: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-03, 04:16 PM
Trigger, stare it down! Pointing at the thing, scanning it.

leer [roll0] AC 2

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 04:41 PM
"Hey, I said talk, not hit! Constrict it so it'll come down to punching range!"
[roll0]-constrict if she obeys
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 06:15 PM
Constrict crit damage: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-04, 03:44 PM
The manly one .... and Colt

Andrea crushes it bewteen her strings, then tosses it's unconcious body ground-wards.

60 xp for the crazy balloon

Sophia

Sophia didn't know much about Hilda, she never did appear much in the scientific side of things, except for all the speculation into what her Zekrom was like, which she kept far away from researchers. Ex-Unovan Champ, champion of Ideals and Zekrom. Left the training circuit, hasn't been heard of much since. Didn't she have something to do with Team Plasma and that whole Box thing?

The match starts with Liza's Alakazam blasting a Psybeam at Emboar. 'Didn't you tell you friend we were psychic Leaders?' she asks Cheren, taunting. The attacks hits, and creates an explosion. The smoke clears, and Emboar didn't even seem hurt. 'Huh?'

'He did. He also told me you didn't know many Unovan pokemon very well.'

Tate's Alakazam blasts it with a Zap Cannon, and a Zorua shows itself. 'I see you're true to your word, you didn't use your powers to cheat. Bianca and I have a few tricks up our sleeves.' Liza and Tate hurriedly scan the pokemon, trying to figure out what just happened. While Serperior sits in the corner, taking in sunlight.

Tate's Alakazam tosses a Focus Ball at Zorua, which dodges it and fires off an Shadow Ball in response. Liza blasts Serperior with a powerful Psychic, hoping to drop it, but it stays standing and shoots at his Alakazma with a Solar Beam. Tate tells it to Teleport out of danger, but Zorua pursues it and knocks the Alakazam out.

'Heh, not bad for an unevolved pokemon' comments Hugh. 'But neither Tate or Liza has used their signature poke, while Cheren has his out, and Bianca weakened a spot on her team so they could use a cheap tactic that no one outside Unova would fall for. Want to change your mind yet?' You think he's bluffing, and actually thinks he'll lose his bet and wants you to change your mind.

Topaz

N looks at you and smiles. 'We are a charity organisation. You can put in as much time and effort as you wish. We have fund raisers, and we have spokesmen. We have men and women who go out and help mistreated pokemon, and those who lobby for better right for our friends. We also have a large number of members who wish to track down pkemon who were lost or stolen during Team Plasma's ..... darker days.' N's eyes darkens, and he pulls his cap over his face. 'We have all made mistakes in the past. All Team Plasma is trying to do right now is make a kinder world for pokemon.'

Arcran
2013-01-04, 03:55 PM
I'll think about it, Topaz says, inwardly rolling his eyes. He didn't care that much about not battling. He didn't begrude others their right to battle and he was unlikely to serve the community. No, Pokemon battles weren't the problem; he was. Nodding to N, Topaz heads to Pokewood. Maybe he could make a quick buck.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-04, 04:03 PM
Well that was anticlimactic. Lucia, where did you get that Drifloon again? Its crazy strong. Colt subtly moves in between Trigger and the balloon, in a vain attempt to protect the pup.

Esprit15
2013-01-04, 04:15 PM
"Hm...no, I think I'll stick with Cheren and Bianca. Even if the twins have yet to use their signatures, Cheren's has held on, and Bianca's is still fresh."

Eshkigal
2013-01-04, 04:27 PM
"Out of the trash at the ranch."
She bolts forward, aiming to catch the poor bat in her arms.
[roll0]-seems like the kind of thing requiring dex check.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-04, 07:43 PM
Colt and Lucia

Lucia catches in before it hits the ground.

Topaz

There were two movies hiring at the moment. The Princess and the Poliwag was recruiting a part for the princess, and auditioning pokemon for the role. Or there was the latest period drama, 2 Ladies and a Pokeflute, about the harsh life of 2 sisters in Victorian Johto. They were auditioning human actors.

The comedy movie Kanto-Fu 3, sequal in the popular Kanto-Fu movies were also recruiting, but there was no way he'd be interested in that, right?

Sophia

Liza, with her Alakazam down, switches to her Lunatone. Serperior rushes at Tate's, and Dragon Tails it, forcing a switch to Solrock. A Quick Attack is all Zorua gets off before it's Rock Slid into unconsciousness. Bianca then sends out her real Emboar.

Serperior backs off. 'Go, Sound Quake' It swishes it's tail so fast, it creates a mini-sonicboom. The room fills with sound, and everyone but Cheren has to cover their ears.

'What the hell was that?' asks Tate. 'An Earthquake?' asks Liza.

'Sound Quake. I knew that Earthquake would be inneffective, due to your pokemon floating. So I used a Type shifted one. Sound Quake travels through the air, meaning you're not immune.'

'Hah, but if its normal type, our Rock Type pokemon resist it. You should have used it against Alakazam, not our signature pokemon.'

'Who said anything about knocking you out?'

'It's a distraction!'

The twins turn to Bianca, and they see Emboar fire off a small sun out it's mouth. 'Sunny Day!'

'Fool, you boost our Fire type moves! Solrock Flamethrower.' Solrock uses the boosted sunlight to hit Serperior,which was looking very hurt, while Bianca orders a Flame Charge on Lunatone. It hits, but not before recieving a Psychic. Both stay standing.

'I think Bianca may have messed up there. She makes it better for herself, but she's already at a type disadvantage. All she's really done is make things worse for Cheren.'

Arcran
2013-01-04, 08:03 PM
Topaz goes to see about having Nana audition for the part in Princess and the Poliwag. That seems like a safe enough role.

Esprit15
2013-01-04, 08:12 PM
"I think you're looking at things too short term. Serperior love the sun. And we already saw Solar Beam. That Solrock won't hold up to the hit after the Sound Quake." Have to always be willing to take a risk, remember that slamming with brute strength up front isn't always the best strategy. Have to set up sometimes. Surprising the Psychics didn't do some more forethinking for this fight.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-04, 08:15 PM
Why'd ya catch it? You kinda decimated it. Er, I mean, KO'd.

Wild roll for laterz [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-01-04, 08:59 PM
"Mom and dad always told me to respect everything I fight. Part of that's making sure they get back up."
She strokes the woobat's fur, looking up as she stands.
"Better question could be, why didn't you?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-04, 10:03 PM
I.... uh... er.... umm... Colt didn't have an answer. It just hadn't occurred to him to catch it. It was a just a wild pokemon. With the number of trianers running around, there had to be plenty of fainted wilds out there, doubtful they were in any especially danger. It simply wasn't a thought for him.

Esprit15
2013-01-04, 10:39 PM
As the fight goes on, Cheren's ace begain to draw Sophia's attention. That Serperior is interesting. Clearly not a normal one, somehow tampered with.
INT Check: [roll0]
WIS Check: [roll1]

Didn't know which one, so when in doubt, roll both, let the GM decide.
However, her attention is too much on the battle to seriously ponder the question. Better to just ask afterwards.

Eshkigal
2013-01-05, 09:19 AM
"Anyway, come on, let's get going."
She recalls her callous drifloon, and replaces her with Pros and Nevi.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-05, 12:55 PM
Lucia and Colt

As the duo and their pokemon walk to town, Colt hears a neighing sound. He didn't need a pokedex to recognise that sound. Colt and Lucia look, and hiding in the forest, was a wild Ponyta, grazing on the grass.

Topaz

After waiting for a while, Topaz gets his chance.

'Okay, show us what you can do' says the Director.

Impress them. Go on, free style.

Sophia

Cheren yells at them. 'Come on, I know you two are holding back. You didn't read Bianca's mind, or else you'd have known about the Zorua. But I want you to at least communicate with each other. If you don't fight us at your full strength, you'll lose. At least use your powers to tag battle.'

Tate and Liza's eyes glow. 'Okay then' they say in unison. 'Let's show you our full strength.'

Lunatone orders a Sandstorm, and the sand starts to whip up, cutting into you. Hugh grabs Sophia. 'C'mon. This is getting rough. The stands where they are in has protection, but we need to get out of here. Bets off.' He pulls you towards the Gym building.

Arcran
2013-01-05, 01:01 PM
Alright, Topaz says, sending out Nana.

Let's go girl! Show these men just how cute you really are!

Nana happily obliges, spinning in a circle to chase her own tail, looking like possibly the cutest Pokemon ever.

Nana uses Tail Whip!
Burning 2 Cute Points!
[roll0]
Also has Excitement keyword, if that means anything.

Nana can be the cutest princess you've ever seen. Just give her a shot.

Nana purrs cutely, obviously agreeing with Topaz.

Esprit15
2013-01-05, 03:07 PM
"Bah, Pokémon induced weather doesn't last long enough to seriously harm someone unless they are already in bad condition. Chicken out if you want, I'm watching the fight." Sophia yanks her arm away from Hugh. If she was going to be a researcher of the legendary dragons, she had to be able to weather a bit of sand.
DEX check to avoid being grabbed: [roll0]
STR check to get out of grip: [roll1]
If successful, Sophia takes her place back in the stands, pressing her glasses closer to her eyes to keep sand out of them. Muking wimp, sees he's losing and pulls out, not even accepting that he failed. Though the twins were smart here. That Sandstorm should tip things back to them, and for the time being, shuts down Serperior completely. Cheren should switch to something more physical and take out the Lunatone...wait, are they reading my mind? If you are, KEEP OUT!

Eshkigal
2013-01-05, 05:03 PM
Lucia begins scanning the mon with her dex and the mystery trainer's dex. Pretty horse, but she has an unconscious mon to take care of.
"Colt, you want to try this one?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-05, 10:20 PM
Lucia's words are wasted, as Colt has already started a slow crawl towards the colt. He had learned enough from those shows that you need to tread lightly with Ponyta.

Dex to sneak up [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-09, 04:58 PM
Colt

The horse hears you approach, and turns to look at you, but it doesn't flee or attack. It seems to be observing you.

Topaz

'Hmm, she seems sorta cute, not the best of today's bunch, but not the worst. What other emotions can she do?'

Sophia

lose 2 16ths of your health for staying outside.

Sophia hears no one in her mind. Her brain hints at her, that if 2 powerful psychics were in the middle of a high level battle with a gym leader and a strong trainer, reading her mind wasn't top priority.

Cheren, knowing how tough Sandstorm can be, switches his Serperior for a Stoutland. Sophia deduces it was likely a Sand Rush Stoutland, and Cheren was using it's increased speed against the twins. Bianca's Emboar gets hit by a powerful Psybeam, and drops to it's knees. Not wanting her starter to go down, she switches him for another pokemon. Unfortunetely, it must have been a small one, and Sophia had a hard time spotting anything in this sand.

Perception to see the other pokemon.

Arcran
2013-01-09, 05:32 PM
She can be Tough and Smart as well, but Cute is by far her specialty. Specially trained to excel at it, Topaz says with no small amount of pride.

Esprit15
2013-01-09, 06:30 PM
Right, they wanted to AVOID cheating, probably would defeat the purpose of that if they tried to read if the audience knew anything. With the Sandstorm, Stoutland should do well. So the Emboar likely lacks Blaze or Focus, unsurprisingly, otherwise she'd have kept it in to get a last hit in before it goes down. Shame she didn't know more about the teams ahead of time, predictiv this would be a lot easier. Oh, gotta remember to look up some other videos of fights Cheren has been in once I schedule a challenge.

Okay, there was a flash, but what came out of the ball? Hope this sand subsides soon, it's making this fight hard to watch.

Percep: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-09, 11:01 PM
Colt freezes, but remains calm. Pokemon, Ponyta especially, were sensitive to human feelings. If he got scared, the pony would too. Slowly, he starts to move again, not directly at the Ponyta, but more to the side, moving more laterally than closer. Its alright. I'm not gonna hurt'cha. I'm a friend. Colt holds his hand out, palm up and fingers closed.

Not sure I need a check. [roll0] Add mods as appropriate.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-10, 05:53 PM
Topaz

'Hmm, a smart and tough princess. Could be a good role model for young girls, showing them they can be independent while still being cute. Show us her being Tough and Cute.'

Sophia

Unfortunately, the sandstorm was too thick to see anything. Sophia feels big hands grab her by the waist, and lift her up. 'I told you, bets off. Now come inside before you faint.'

Hugh drags you away, as you see small explosions going off in the sandstorm. 'If it means that much, you win, just get inside.'

Lose another 1/16th your health, and no more free scans :P

Colt

The Ponyta sniffs Colt's hand, and the next thing he notices, it's pulled off his glove and was chewing on it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-10, 06:15 PM
Colt tilts his head, a bit confused. He reaches up gently to the Ponyta's neck, looking for permission before touching the horse. Don't worry. I'm a friend. You like my gloves?

Misc roll of rolling! [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-01-10, 08:12 PM
Sophia kicks and struggles. "Aw, come on! I was fine! I'm not a little girl! The sand was going to subside soon anyways! Besides, I want to see if I was right!" Unfortunately her struggling is useless as she is carried inside.

"Fine, I won then."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-10, 08:29 PM
Sophia

Hugh looks at you like you're crazy, but then bursts out laughing.

'Fine! You're one of those trainers? Then how about this, I'll give you something worth more than the bet then.' He heads out the gym, expecting you to follow.

Colt

The horse lets you pet it's mane, which you find war, but not hot, a common sign a Ponyta was calm. It spits out your gloves, and starts to chew on your backpack, looking for something better to eat.

Esprit15
2013-01-10, 08:36 PM
"Okay then." Shouldn't you be suspicious of this? It seems odd. Clearly not monetary, obviously. Probably a lesson of some sort. Sophia follows the odd trainer. Ariadne pops out of her bag, sand now gone, chittering. "So what is it then?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-10, 08:47 PM
Colt reaches into his bag, finding an apple he had kept aside for himself, offering it to the Ponyta.

[roll0]

Arcran
2013-01-10, 09:01 PM
Alright Nana, Tough and Smart! Topaz says, pointing towards his Pokemon.

Nana obliges, first demonstrating a Tough-looking Tackle.

[roll0]

Follow it up with Foresight!

Nana looks deep in thought, staring at the Judges intently.

[roll1]
Good Show! Keyword.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-10, 09:16 PM
Topaz

'Sorry, I'm just not seeing her in a starring role. Best we can offer is a low paying extra role.'

Sophia

Hugh leads you out the front of the Gym and across town to the centre. For a while, you could still hear the far off sounds of the battle.

He goes into the Centre and goes into a backroom, past the point public are allowed. He leads past several rooms, some filled with water, some with grass and some with their windows blocked off.

He leads to one where there was a swirling sandstorm inside. 'We breed ground types in this room. Due to the constant storm, we need equipment to work in there.' He unlocks a closet next to the room, and takes out a set of goggles and a mask.

'These are Go-Goggles, developed by the Devon Corp. They protect in sandy areas. Most of the workers at the desert north of Castelia use these.' He hands a set to you, along with a small syringe which you recognise as a technical machine. 'And I'm sure you can guess this TM.'

Colt

The Ponyta accepts the apple and continues to let you clap it. It gives your hand a small nuzzle in gratitude.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-10, 09:18 PM
No problem little guy. Hey, do you wanna come with me? I'll take real good care of ya. I'll come your fur every day, and feed you. Does that sound good?

[roll0]

Esprit15
2013-01-10, 09:23 PM
Sophia notes the design of the various rooms. Each obviously designed to be best designed for Pokémon of different habitats. Given the room, the TM likely taught Sandstorm. "...why this?"

Arcran
2013-01-10, 09:29 PM
We'll pass, Topaz says, heading out of the building, returning Nana as he does so. Idiots. They'd be begging for him once he'd won the Contest Circuit.

Topaz heads back to town, trying to find somewhere with grass in the forsaken city.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-10, 10:21 PM
Colt

The Pony seems fine with you, and makes no resistance when you attempt to catch it.

female, brave, flash fire, level 8

and lose 1 portion of you food supplies.

Topaz

There was a long grass patch in the Virban complex, but that was full of wild pokemon. There was also that park where N was giving his speach, that was grassy enough that people were having picnics on it. If neither was good enough, the Route was only a short walk away, and was a peaceful route compared to some back home.

Sophia

'You seem stupid enough to stand out in a sandstorm. I don't want something to happen to you if you end up in the Route 4 desert. You know, you may think Bianca is stupid cos she sometimes doesn't think straight, but she's really smart. Sometimes she just gets wrapped up in things and loses track. I think you may be more like her than you think.' He gives you a playful bonk on the head.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-10, 10:29 PM
Colt immediately releases her again, letting the colt walk with them. Wonder what I should name her. Lucia, any ideas?

Esprit15
2013-01-10, 10:35 PM
"If you're a telepath, you're really bad at it. She's clearly smart. Absent minded at times, but still clearly smart. Juniper clearly saw something in her three years ago, and I certainly am not one to judge otherwise given my limited experience with her." Guy was weird. Not quite creepy, but certainly weird. Ariadne gives an angry shriek as the man touches her trainer. "And it wasn't any old Sandstorm. Anyone who knows anything about Pokémon knows that a summoned Sandstorm barely lasts a minute. Nowhere near long enough to cause serious damage to a person, and far less harmful than a natural one due to its limited duration."

Arcran
2013-01-10, 10:36 PM
Topaz heads out to the Route, planning to work on his Pokemon's skills. He searches for a secluded place near the city, preferably with as little dirt or mud as possible. If he finds an isolated area he heads there to train, checking thoroughly for nearby trainers.

Eshkigal
2013-01-10, 10:41 PM
"Cavallo, because it's Sinnohese for horse."
She walks forwards and pets the ponyta's nose, her mon trailing behind her and the woobat in an arm.
"Ready then?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-11, 03:28 PM
Topaz

After a little walk, he finds a nice clearing free of trainers and ringed by a few lilies. The only signs of life were a gentle chirping from a few far off trees.

Sophia

'Yeah, you may have been okay, but what about your pokedex? You had that out while scanning their pokemon. Sand can clog up the scanning lens. If you break it on your first day, you think the professor would be impressed with that?'

The Pair

Finally, you reach Virbank together, with a Ponyta following you and a Woobat hanging from your arm.

Esprit15
2013-01-11, 03:32 PM
"I don't even see what good it's for! Other than scanning a Zorua, Ditto or Zoroark in disguise, I hardly need it. I get told 'Scan mons with it' but why even!

And I could probably figure out how to fix it." Really should figure out how to fix it if it breaks...

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-11, 04:07 PM
So did Cheren say where we were supposed to meet this chick, uh, dame? Or just in Virbank?

Eshkigal
2013-01-12, 09:14 PM
"Just in Virbank. They'll probably hit the center, though."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-14, 01:33 PM
'Yeah, for you maybe. But how many others can identify pokemon on sight? Would you rather they carry a big picture book out into the wilds, and flip through it when battling? With the data gathered from this, the Professors are working to make a National Pokedex, that will cover all pokemon from any region, and make it available to the public. Sure, any school kid in Aspertia can tell you a Woobat or a Patrat, but how many of them know a Deino, which is rare to even see? Or something from another nation, like a Sceptile from Hoenn? You think a normal person could spot and recognise them in an instant?'

Hugh turns away from you, looking a little annoyed. 'There are other uses, like the Habitat list. But if you don't want to help...' he holds out his hand, asking for the pokedex. '... then don't participate. No one is forcing you. If you don't want to help with the research, go get another job.'

----

Colt and Lucia look at the foreign pokedex, then realise it's owner had written his number on the back, incase it got lost or stolen.

Esprit15
2013-01-14, 01:43 PM
"Hey, I was just never told. I'll happily do the research. Something was just miscommunicatied. I wasn't ever told why we were given the dexes." Really shouldn't have just signed on for research without actually looking at what it was for.

Arcran
2013-01-14, 01:57 PM
Topaz lets out Nana and Ronar, looking at them.

Alright. We were supposed to be able to do Contests today, but our pass has not come yet. So, since we can't compete, we're going to train! Nana, Attract! Ronar, Double Kick!

Basically just going through some Contest practice.

Attract: [roll0]
Double Kick: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-01-14, 02:06 PM
Shrugging, Lucia dials and waits for someone to pick up.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-15, 06:08 PM
Sophia

'Well, if you are right about the Sandstorms, they should have all died out by now. Go run back and watch the end of the fight, you might catch the last of it if you run. And take the Go-goggles, just incase.'

Topaz

Nana and Ronar try their hardest, but again, all you get is a rather average result. Not bad, but not contest winning either. Seems they were still getting used to the Unovan climate, and so weren't on their A game.

The Pokegear rigs, and it throws off Nana and Ronar, causing them to mess up and look over to you.

Arcran
2013-01-15, 06:13 PM
Topaz curses and considers pulling the battery out to make the phone shut up, but it could be important.

Hello? he says, picking his phone up and waiving towards his Pokemon to stop training.

Eshkigal
2013-01-15, 06:18 PM
"Hey, someone picked up! Hello, are you Topaz? Bianca told us to find you and get your contest pass to you."
Strange, this guy sounded male. But if that were true...does that mean Bianca was trying to set Colt up with a guy? Does that mean she ships people?

Arcran
2013-01-15, 06:20 PM
Oh! Topaz says, happy. Yeah, this is Topaz. Where do you want to meet?

Esprit15
2013-01-15, 06:43 PM
Sophia gives a nod and sprints back to the fight. Could very well be over already, which would be a shame.

Eshkigal
2013-01-15, 07:01 PM
"Well, we're over by the Virbank Center. We could meet you there, or try to find you. There's two of us, so either way, look for a brunette girl in green and brown carrying an unconscious fuzzy bat mon and a guy with a fire horse."

Arcran
2013-01-15, 07:04 PM
Sounds good! Topax says, returning his Pokemon team. He begins to hurry back to town, taking care to avoid getting dirt on his outfit. Redhead with bag, guy with horse. He could find that!

Topaz moves as fast as he can without getting dirty towards the Pokemon Center.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-15, 10:11 PM
Sophia

She arrives back at the gym, just in time to see Bianca and Tate sitting by the sidelines, sharing a few rice crackers and watching the end of the battle. The young Hoenn gym leader pulls out a seat and offers you one. 'With some coaching from Cheren, Bianca was able to take out my team.'

'But you got me with Destiny Bond. And if you had went full force at the start, I'd probably be out sooner.'

'It's nearing the end now. Cheren's Wigglytuff is slowly losing against Bronzong, and all he has left is an injured Stoutland.'

As Tate described, Hyper Voice didn't hurt Bronzong much, and it responded with an Extrasensory, knocking the Baloon pokemon to it's knee, clearly struggling.

The group

It didn't take Topaz long to find the one boy in town with a flaming horse. It also didn't hurt that a group of young girls had come to 'ooh' and 'aah' over the pony they spotted as their teacher was walking them back. Colt was being bombarded with questions like: "What's Miss Pony's name?" "Does Miss Pony like sugar?" "Are you that big old gym leader from Driftveil? You have similar hats" and "Why did your Zebstrika get set on fire and why don't you help it?". All the while, the young teaching assistant was apologising to Lucia for causing such a fuss.

Arcran
2013-01-15, 10:15 PM
Hey! Topaz shouts at the guy with the pony. I'm Topaz. You have my Contest Pass?

Eshkigal
2013-01-15, 10:21 PM
"It's okay, the ponyta's new though, so just be careful still."
And then Topaz arrives and Lucia looks over. She pulls his dex out and waves.
"Right here! Also, would you like a woobat? Still wild, but unconscious."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-15, 10:31 PM
Colt turns a bright shade of red as the gaggle of girls swarm him. He finally summons the hutzpa to speak, motioning for the girls to back off. Careful ladies. This right here is a bonafide Ponyta. They are normally native to the Kanto and Sinnoh region. Don't crowd the girl, she's still young. The pony whinned, a bit scared from all the loud noises and rapid movement.

Her name is Silver, she may like sugar but don't feed her any. Need to give her proper food. Grains and oats. The occasional apple. Colt continues listing off facts he had memorized about Ponyta he had picked up from his TV shows, true or not.

Esprit15
2013-01-15, 10:40 PM
Sophia takes a seat with them. "Wigglytuff know Flamethrower, Will-o-Wisp, anything to wear it down so he can stall for time? Or Gravity, if Herdier has a Ground move. Same to the Herdier. It got Fire Fang? Even with Heatproof, neutral is better than nothing."

Arcran
2013-01-15, 10:46 PM
"It's okay, the ponyta's new though, so just be careful still."
And then Topaz arrives and Lucia looks over. She pulls his dex out and waves.
"Right here! Also, would you like a woobat? Still wild, but unconscious."

Topaz starts, looking at the Pokemon. While it wasn't an ideal Pokemon, maybe it could work in a contests. If the Pokedex was right it was a Psychic type. They were normally smart, right?

Sure! Topaz says, taking the bat. And thank you so much. I really appreciate it, he says, giving a winning grin.

CHA! [roll]1d20+2

Arcran
2013-01-15, 10:49 PM
Stupid dice roller....

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-01-16, 12:06 AM
Lucia stops part way through handing the pokedex off, before suddenly picking up Topaz and giving a (possibly literally) crushing hug. She mutters to herself.
"Cute..."
She seems to remember herself, and puts you back down. She then hands you the pokedex and woobat, still unconscious. She doesn't seem to realize anything she did was out of the ordinary.
"Do you have any pokeballs? Still needs to be caught."

Arcran
2013-01-16, 12:10 AM
Topaz feels his ribs threaten to crack and wheezes out a breath.

Thanks? he breathes out, unsure if he should actually be thanking her. When she sets him down, he shoots her a wink. He had to keep up the act, even if she did almost snap him in half. She seemed to like him, so he couldn't go and make her sad, could he?

Pokeballs? No, sorry. I've never really found a use for the dang things, he says. I prefer to buy my Pokemon. Much easier that way.

Eshkigal
2013-01-16, 10:00 AM
She shrugs and hands you a pokeball too.
"Mine don't always work. Think it's because I grip them too hard at times..."
You notice that one of the ones on her belt seems to have indents the size of her fingers in it. Did she do that?
"C'mon, let's get the woobat patched up. Oh! You have foreign pokemon, right? Got any bugs or ghosts?"
She grabs Topaz's wrist and begins walking in, ignoring any protest. She also pays for the woobat to heal up alongside Andrea. (Another 100?)

Arcran
2013-01-16, 05:17 PM
Topaz is dragged along, trying to to keep his arm from being snapped off.

Sorry, no Bugs or Ghost. Just Nana and Ronar here, he says, patting the Pokeballs at his side.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-16, 10:03 PM
The girly one (Topaz) and the butch one (Lucia)

The nurse heals upthe injured Woobat, and charges you the 100 for it, warning you to take it outside before it wakens. Also, you both notice the professor had included 5 pokeballs with the pokedex, just like she had the dexes you got.

Colt

After a little more time, the young teacher eventually drags her class away. She thanks Colt and says if he ever in the area again to please come and visit her class, since they were so fond of Silver. She then begins the arduous task of trying to get a lass of young kids back inside while they keep getting distracted by stuff.

Sophia

'Unfortunately for Cheren, he had to use Gravity to knock out my Metagross earlier, setting Bianca and her Excadrill up for an Earthquke.'

'And the Bronzong is too healthy. Even if Stoutland can get off a Fire Fang, he can't win it before it faints.'

Another clash from the battlefield. Again, Wigglytuff hits ineffectively, and again the Bronzong hurts it even more. It truly looked like his pokemon was done for.

'Fogg, use Endeavour!' Suddenly Cheren's plan springs into action. The Wigglytuff lowers the Bronzong's health to match it's own. A Gyro Ball, and Wiggly was down, and Cheren sent out his Stoutland. It was obvious that is too was on it's last legs, but it's speed was greater. It rushed at the floating bell.

'Retaliate!' The ddog smases in full force, and the boosted attack was able to overcome it's resistance and knock out the psychic steel pokemon. Both Tate and Liza seemed shocked by this close turn around.

'Hehe. Even though he has Fire Fang, it suits him more to end his battles in the way Lenora taught him, showing why he's the Normal gym leader.'

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-16, 10:12 PM
Colt tips his hat to the teacher, all gentlemanly-like. Then he realizes Lucia was gone. Oh boy.... Uh, Silver, lets go to the Center. They might be there.

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 10:18 PM
Well that was a good strategy then, shame it wasn't gonna do any good now. What else does- Wow, I did not see that coming. Which means if Stoutland can hit... "Dang, missed an amazing battle by the looks of it."

Arcran
2013-01-16, 10:23 PM
Topaz looks at the Pokeballs, amazed they hadn't been there before.

So how does it work? Do I just hit it with the ball? Topaz asks, holding the bat at arms length.

Eshkigal
2013-01-16, 10:40 PM
"Generally you weaken it first, or make friends with it. Burn, freezing, paralysis, flinching, and poisoning all make them more easily caught in the case of a fight, things like feeding and healing in a friendship catch."
She walks out of the center first, looking for Colt while the bat wakes up, gently pinning the wings together with her hands.
"After that, then yeah, you just tap it."

Arcran
2013-01-16, 10:47 PM
"Generally you weaken it first, or make friends with it. Burn, freezing, paralysis, flinching, and poisoning all make them more easily caught in the case of a fight, things like feeding and healing in a friendship catch."
She walks out of the center first, looking for Colt while the bat wakes up, gently pinning the wings together with her hands.
"After that, then yeah, you just tap it."

Alright! Topaz says, excitedly, holding the Pokeball. He hadn't caught a Pokemon since Ronar, so this should be fun!

As soon as it starts to move, he gently taps it with the ball.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-17, 02:48 PM
going to need a roll for that

Colt

Colt soon finds Lucia outside the centre, pinning the Woobat while a boy smacks it ineffectively with a pokeball.

Sophia

'Yeah, too bad we both were on our 6th pokemon when those 2 were on their 4th.' Tate gives a small chuckle.

'I still think we would have lost earlier if you'd used your powers earlier.' Bianca pours Sophia some tea. 'So, caught any new pokemon yet? And I can't help but notice you and Hugh went off by yourselves earlier.' She gives her eyebrows a little waggle and shoots Sophia a small wink.

Eshkigal
2013-01-17, 03:03 PM
Lucia adjusts her grip slightly, holding the woobat as gently as she can while taking a moment to bop Topaz on the head.
"I said weaken or befriend. That's just useless and going to panic the poor guy. Andrea crushed him when I wanted to talk, he's going to be scared and more likely to lash out somehow and hurt himself or one of us, so try being gentle and kind. Get some food out, or begin petting it gently and talk calmly towards it."
She also turns the ball around.
"Also, button side forward. Remember that, it's important."

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 03:07 PM
"Ew! No! Nonononono! He was getting all uppity about me staying to watch the fight during the sandstorm, dragged me off to lecture me about that. But I did get some GoGoggles. Apparently if I'm crazy enough to do something that I know is totally safe, I need them.

I found a Zorua hiding among the cattle at the ranch. Gonna see what I can find for a trade. As good as they are, they're too fragile for my tastes. You know anyone who may be interested?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-17, 04:43 PM
Bianca puts her fingers to her lips, and thinks for a moment. 'Hmm, probably Virbank. The studios always like cute pokemon, and Zorua's ability is useful when making movies. Most legendary pokemon in tv shows are actually Zoroark trained to disguise as them. If not there, hop on over the water to Castelia. It's so busy there, there should be no problem finding some one to trade.'

Tate gives a polite cough, not wanting to interrupt two girls older than him in the middle of a conversation. 'Um, was Zorua the pokemon Bianca used?' He pulls out a Hoenn model pokedex, similar to the one that Colt and Sophia took, and brings up it's data. 'I was rather impressed with it's ability, and not many people back home know of it.' That and any good dark type will help me beat my sister. He gives a cheeky smile.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 04:54 PM
"Yeah, it was. Is that a request to trade then? I'd be more than happy to."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-17, 05:19 PM
Tate flicks through his 'dex, looking at the pokemon he owns. 'Can't give you anything too strong if you lack the badges, you couldn't control them. Umm, I have a Chingling and a Staryu, both evolve into good pokemon. Or I have a Numel I use to counter bug types, and a Makuhita which can handle Darks.'

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 07:10 PM
"Hm...Staryu are rather rare in most parts around here, and a Water type is always good to have around. Staryu it is." She takes out the Zorua's ball and holds it before the young Gym Leader.

Arcran
2013-01-17, 07:28 PM
Sorry, long week.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-17, 07:40 PM
Tate takes the ball and uses the Gym's PC to get the Staryu's ball. 'Here, I called it Vega, but feel free to change it.'

Cheren and Liza finally join you 3 at the table and join in the tea.

level 6, natural cure, hardy nature, +2 HP, +2SAtk

With a little help from Lucia, Topaz manages to catch the thing before starts to act up.

level 8, jolly nature, female, unaware

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 07:55 PM
"Awesome, thank you very much. Think I will change it if the mon hasn't already gotten too used to the name. How used to humans is she...he...it...calling it she. How used to humans is she?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-17, 08:55 PM
Hey Lucia! Is this the dame we.... your not a girl. Colt stops mid-sentence when he realizes the person Lucia was with was in fact a dude. Uh...whats going on?

Eshkigal
2013-01-17, 09:37 PM
"This is Topaz. Since he only has two team mates, I gave him the woobat after getting it and Andrea fixed up."
She looks over to Topaz.
"Speaking of which, can we meet them? We could all introduce our teams to each other."

Arcran
2013-01-17, 10:20 PM
Topaz looks around, trying to make sure the area isn't too dirty to let his Pokemon out.

Nana, Ronar, come on out! he says energetically, releasing his duo of Pokemon.

The two land, striking a pose as soon as they exit their Pokeballs.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-17, 11:36 PM
'Oh, it's fine around people. Only problem is they tend to get a bit depressed if they are out of water for too long. Keep them in a pokeball when not battling, but send them out to swim whenever you can. We live near the coast, but I'm not too sure on Unovan geography.'

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 11:45 PM
"There's a few. Not a lot though besides Undula and Castelia. I'll take heed of that though. Thank you." She looks at the ball and lets the Staryu out. "Hi, I'm your new trainer. We're gonna train you a bit." She looks around for a trainer to have a 2v2 or 3v3 battle, little or no wager.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-17, 11:53 PM
Colt scans the two pokemon, releasing his own as well.

Osha, Lillipup, Yamask, Eevee, Ponyta.

Arcran
2013-01-17, 11:58 PM
Colt scans the two pokemon, releasing his own as well.

Osha, Lillipup, Yamask, Eevee, Ponyta.

Uh, hello? Topaz asks, perturbed that somebody would scan his Pokemon without permission, Who are you?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-18, 12:02 AM
Colt. I'm a friend of Lucia. What the Void was her, er, his problem?

Arcran
2013-01-18, 12:05 AM
Colt. I'm a friend of Lucia. What the Void was her, er, his problem?

Oh, he says, face brightening up slightly. Why did the guy seem so disappointed? Was he expecting more? Did he know another Topaz? Whatever the reason, Topaz just gives him a grin.

[roll0]

Topaz. Thanks for helping me get my Contest Pass.