PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age RPG: Heroes of Fereldan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 02:57 PM
DM: The small village of Ryott farmers known as Sothmere. Usually villages like this are pretty quiet, but not today. Today is a day for celebration! The wood fort known as “Fort Sothmere” is being replaced by a stone fort to help protect the Ryott fields from Chasnid Stalkers and other threats. This is a great thing for the small community as it is now expected to thrive and grow at a rapid pace. Because of this fantastic news, they have dubbed the next 3 days “The Groudbreaking Festival!” Visitors and entertainers have come from all over the region and pitched tents that now line the outskirts of Sothmere.

In spite of the grey sky having poured forth a constant, cold drizzle since morning. Most of the villagers seem no worse for wear as they visit the fields covered with booths filled with various forms of entertainment. There are booths serving all sorts of various food and Ryott ales. Other booths include Archery contests, Knife throwing, Dueling with practice swords, wrestling and of course the ever popular Darkspawn smite.

???: “Alright, see ya Aunt Edlyn!” a man says as he waves goodbye as he steps out the door.

The man stands at just over 6 feet tall and looks well built. He has short black hair and has a patch of facial hair on his chin. He is wearing brown leather armor and also has various weapons on him. He has a Bastard sword sheathed on his right side, a bow and shield on his back and a dagger on his right pant leg.

“Well this is disappointing.” The man mutters to himself as he looks down to see that he stepped in some horse plop. He begins to attempt to rub his boots clean on the front door step as he looks around and notices Sothmere bustling with activity. “Hmm, wonder if Fiala has made her way to the Archery booth yet.” After the man does his best at getting his boot clean he heads towards the festival booths in the fields.

When arriving he looks around and notice Fiala is at the Archery stand. Fiala glances towards the man and says “Are you just going to stand there like an idiot Will or are you going shoot some targets?” Will smiles and walks up to the archery stand. Will pulls out his bow with a smirk and says “And what do I get if I win?” Fiala laughs and responds “Why talk about things that won't happen? But when I win you can fetch me an Ale.” Will laughs and flexes his bow string in preparation.

“Alright it looks like we have a contest!” said the man running the stand. The man then began to explain “You have 3 shots and whoever scores the highest wins. Bullseye is 30 points, the red ring around that is worth 15. Blue around that is 10. Edge ring of target is worth 5 and if you hit the hay target is on you get 1 point. Now fire when ready!” Will and Fiala exchange glances, pick up their bows and fire their first shot!

wentz22
2013-03-19, 03:47 PM
The cold rain continues to fall, water drops quickly run off the top of Adare's shiny bald head as he tips it back to finish the little bit of Ale left in his mug.
This rain reminds me of home, even if these townsfolk are as dumb as fenceposts" Adare muttered to himself as he sat his mug down and made his way through the crowds, past the many booths, most of which did nothing but annoying him. "Archery" He scoffed "Nothing like killing someone without being able to watch the life fade from there eyes." Adare shook his head as he continued onward. There was only one booth he was looking for, after traveling for almost a week and a half from the Frostback Mountians Adare was in need of blowing off some steal, and there would be nothing better that a swordfight. Mind you not being able to kill them afterwards was a bit of a downer but it would have to do for the time being.

Once Adare reached the Swordfighting booth he quickly pushed his way to the front of the line. It wasn't difficult he easily towered over almost everyone in this town of farmers and hicks. Quietly he steped over the fence that servered as a boundry for the mock fighters only to look accrossed the field to see two young men of identical looks most likely brothers, possibly even twins bickering back and forth about who would compete next.

Adare cleared his throat loudly as he reached down and picked up the woden sword from the ground. Althought you could almost call it a twig when compared to Adare's giant 6'4" frame. "Come at me, both of you!"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 04:11 PM
DM: One of the two men look at Adare and says “What did you say you big Oaf? You think you can take the both of us in a duel? I'd say you are either brave or drunk, but considering I can smell the ale on you from here I'd guess the later. Alright, lets do this!” The two men rush Adare with wood swords in hand.

wentz22
2013-03-19, 04:17 PM
A large smile slowly creeps accrossed Adare's face as he takes in the rain for another moment before directing his attention to the men foolishly charging him. Quickly steping to the side, almost as if he weighted nothing near the 245pounds that he did he dodges the first man before raising his sword paralel to the back of the mans head and swinging with enough force to knock him out, as much as he wanted to kill the man, and night in a cell did not sound nearly as enticing as another Ale. The town might be full of farmers but they made a damn good ale.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 04:37 PM
DM: Adare hits the man and knocking him flat on his chest.

The other man turns and swings his sword to hit Adare and succeeds but does so with little force.

wentz22
2013-03-19, 04:44 PM
Adare hits the man and knocking him flat on his chest.

The other man turns and swings his sword to hit Adare and succeeds but does so with little force.

"What kind of swing was that?!" Adare questioned. "I'v had raindrops that hurt more. Let me show you true strength."Adare quickly locked eyes with the man before shifting the wooden blade into his left hand in an attemp to drive the hilt of the weapon into his opponents gut.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 04:55 PM
DM: Adare hits the man and the man crumples to the ground holding his stomach.

Will: Will shoots and hits the bulls eye. Will was about to start to smile, but than Fiala's shot does the same. Fiala turns to Will and says “Hmph, I doubt you can do it again. One shot it nothing but luck!” Will grabs another arrow takes aim and lets it fly. “Bullseye!” Will shouts. “Wow, that actually isn't too bad Will... Now watch this!” Fiala pulls out her arrow and lets it fly right on the bullseye. Before Will had time to say anything she already had another arrow pulled back. She shoots and gets another bullseye. “Ha ha, now what are you going to do? I suppose if you managed to tie me I'd go get an Ale with you.”

“Alright, just one more bullseye to go.” Will mumbles to himself. Will grabs and arrow out and begins to pull back his bow... He lets the arrow fly... It lands about 3 yards short of the whole target. “Damn it!” Will yells slamming down his bow. “You never could handle pressure could ya Will?” Fiala mocks. “I guess I owe you an ale...” Will said with a tone of anger. “Oh, come on now don't fret.” Fiala says. “Hey what's going on over there?!” states the man who runs the archery stand.

The man points to the sword dueling area. There appears to be a large man challenging two young farmers. “The Ale will have to wait a minute, I need to see what this is about.” Will explains on the run. While Will begins to make his way over he sees the large man absolutely nail one of the villagers in back of the head with his sword. Will runs even quicker towards the arena as the second man falls to the ground. Will now on the field and yells at the strange man “That's enough! You've proven you an handle some naïve farmers you proud of yourself?”

wentz22
2013-03-19, 05:11 PM
"Everyone has there place in the world. Some people just need help being put in theres" Adare replyed without even looking to the man who questioned his fight. "This is a practice arena, nothing more, nothing less. This was only a way to prove that the boys you see laying in the mud should spend more time practicing and less time gabing.Adare droped the training sword letting it fall into the mud.

"You ask me if i take pride in something as simple as this? The anwser will always be yes. I take pride in beating anyone that steps infront of me. If i didn't, not only would it be an insult to my familys name. But an insult to the men i defeat. The only thing in this world worse than being defeated is to be defeated by a man who does not conduct himself with pride.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 07:06 PM
Will: “I don't think I'll understand how you take pride in beating a weaker opponent, but if there isn't going to be any additional trouble here I suppose we have no quarrel.” Will says while lifting one of the men of the muddied ground. "If you'll excuse me I have business to attend to." Will turns to walk away.

wentz22
2013-03-19, 07:57 PM
"No trouble at all, simply competing like everyone else." Adare replyed sarcasticly as he brushed by the man.

"Now if you don't mind the Pubs Ale is calling me." And without another word Adare made his way threw the crowds again towards the Pub, where he could drink away the rest of the day.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-19, 11:38 PM
Will: Will shakes his head as the man walks by him. Will helped the two men get up and made sure they were alright. He then thought to himself 'Speaking of ale, I guess its time I get Fiala that ale.' Will said his goodbyes to the men and walked to the nearest booth and waits in line to get a couple of ale.

DM: “You there! Please you must help us!” A strange looking elvish man on a stage calls to Adare. There is a crowd all around the stage and they all are looking at Adare waiting for his response.

wentz22
2013-03-20, 01:36 PM
DM: “You there! Please you must help us!” A strange looking elvish man on a stage calls to Adare. There is a crowd all around the stage and they all are looking at Adare waiting for his response.

"Hump" Adare grunted as he turned to the man calling for his aid. "I'll help you because im in a good mood, but it'll cost you."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-20, 03:38 PM
DM: The strange elvish man jumps off the stage and puts his arm around Adare. "Come now, you wouldn't want to let Olek part with his little gold would you? All I need you to do is stand on stage for one minute." Olek says loudly for all the crowd to hear. "Now let us give some applause for our new volunteer!" Olek says as the crowd begins to clap and cheer. "Don't worry there is no real danger." Olek whispers to Adare during the applause.

An elvish women in exotic dress is also standing on the stage clapping for the new volunteer.

Will: "This ale is sure taking awhile." Will mumbles to himself.

wentz22
2013-03-20, 03:44 PM
Adare hesitates a moment, holding his ground as the elvin man tries to pull him along. Quickly he examines the booth he is being pulled towards. "If this tiny elf plans to make a fool of me for the benifit of the crowd he will be sorly mistaken when i break his neck" Adare thinks to himself as he continues to take in the suroundings.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-20, 03:54 PM
DM: When Adare looks at the stage he first notices the elvish women. She is very beautiful and young looking. Despite the difference in beauty between her and Olek you can see a bit of resemblance.

On the stage itself you see your basic flat wooden stage, but you notice a thin white line painted on the far end. You also notice what seems to be a top of a lute sitting just behind the stage, perhaps for a separate act.

Olek: "Come on now don't be shy." he exclaims to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-20, 04:03 PM
"Fine, but i suggest you inform your lovely sister that i prefer my ale dark and cold. Atleast thats how she can deliver it to me when we are done here.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-20, 04:15 PM
DM: Olek leads Adare onto the stage and direct him to "stand there please." Olek then addresses the crowd. "Now what you see here may appear dangerous, but don't worry I'm a professional!" Olek than quickly pulls out a dagger and begins to walk to one end of the stage. The crowd starts to cheer slightly.

The women comes over to Adare with an apple and says: "I'm going to put this on your head, but no worries you're not in any real danger." She begins to reach out in attempt to put the apple on Adare's head.

While the elvish women is talking to Adare; Olek falls down on stage when the dagger he was holding goes straight up in the air and lands inches away from his face. Olek quickly gets up and shouts "I'm ALRIGHT!"

The crowd erupts with laughter.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-20, 04:37 PM
Will: "Ah, finally some good ale!" Will says in relieve. "Now back to the archery stand to get these ales to Fiala!" Will thinks to himself. Just as Will turns around a large man begins to fall infront of him!

DM: The man crashes right on top of Will knocking the Ale everywhere.

The large man rolls off Will saying "Sorrry, I'm so" *hiccup* "sorry."

Will: Will rolls over to see it is Bogdan the blacksmith. "Damn it Bogdan have you put on weight?" Bogdan chuckles slightly and says "Ya know blacksmitin keeps ya strong! If only Magda could see me now!" Will replies "I'm pretty sure she would said: 'Who is that old drunk falling over and knocking drinks out of peoples hands!' Besides Bogdan you have your own wife you should be thinking about."

Bogdan sighs. "I supposed yar right." *hiccup* "Now I guess I should get ya another ale." Will stands up and responds "Alesss Bogdan. I had two in my hand." Will reaches out and helps Bogdan off the ground.

wentz22
2013-03-20, 06:53 PM
"Alright, hurry up you clutz, the ale booth is closing soon.After having to bend down so the elven women could place the apple on his head he promptly returned to his upright position awaiting Olek to continue.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 12:15 AM
"Patience my friend, patience. We all want to get to our ale. Heck I just finished up my 7th glass before I got up here!" Olek says while stumbling around the stage. The crowd giggles. Olek steps to the other end of the stage knife in hand. "Alright, stand very still as I'm a professional." Olek states to Adare. Olek takes his hand back and attempts to throw the knife. The knife falls directly behind Olek as Olek starts to clumsily look around. The crowd is laughing and a few people in the crowd yell "It's behind you!" Olek turns and tosses his shoulders up in the air as if to shrug off dropping the knife. Olek picks the knife back up.

Olek gets back in position and lines up his throw. This time he ends up throwing it straight down hitting his foot and begins to jump up and down on his foot while holding his other foot with a knife threw his boot. "OUCHY, OUCHY, OUCHY!" Olek shouts. The crowd goes silent and gasps. Olek takes off his boot quickly with the knife still in it than shows his foot to the crowd. It's completely fine. The crowd gives a loud cheer and applauds Olek. Olek takes center stage and bows. "Thank you thank you, now give a hand for our volunteer!" Olek says to the crowd. The crowd continues to clap. "Come over here sir and take a bow!" Olek says to Adare while waving him over.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 08:53 AM
Adare, obviously frustrated turned away from Olek grabing the apple off his head and taking a large bite of it before droping it to the stage. I'll be charging my next ale to you." he yells back as he works his way through the crowd.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 02:52 PM
DM: The crowd boos Adare as he walked off the stage.

Will: Will once again has got his ale. He told Bogdan goodbye as he walks back to the Archery booth. Now finally he'll be able to give Fiala her well deserved and long waited ale. Upon arrival Will sees Fiala competing against a new batch of people. "I wonder if they will have to buy her ale as well." Will thinks to himself.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 03:50 PM
While continuing to wonder around the town with his ale in hand Adare catches a glimpse of what seems to be an achery booth. "I wonder if the man who interupted me at the dueling ring is over there, i seem to remember he carried a bow slung over his shoulder.

Adare scans the crowd looking for the man who so rudely interupted him. If he's there perhaps i should rain on his parade like he did to me.

Adare Perception Test Looking For Man
(3D6) [2] [4] [1] (7) Booo

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 03:59 PM
DM: Adare spots the man standing next to the booth.

Will: "Hey Fiala look what I brought!" Will says proudly to Fiala. Fiala turns his way and sarcastically says "My gallant knight has arrived!"

wentz22
2013-03-21, 04:09 PM
Adare pushes his way threw the crowd before getting within shouting distance of the man.

Is that bow you keep slung over you should a fashion accessory or can you actually shoot?"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 04:18 PM
Will turns and sees the man from before. Will shouts back "Why don't you come over here and find out." Will takes a swig of his ale.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 04:40 PM
The entire booths attention now seemed focused on Adare and this man as he made his way closer. "Alright, you've seen my work in the ring lets see yours. I managed to defeat two men with two swings of those toy swords. Adare finished what was left of his ale before he continued. "But i guess that one guy did kind of hit me so thats three swings all together. So lets see you nail two bullseyes in three shots."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 04:47 PM
Will: "Oh you're not going to partake?" Will mocks. "Where is the fun in that sort of challenge?" Will asks.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 05:26 PM
"I shouldn't seeing as how you didn't jump into the dueling arena when you interupted me but it seems this whole event is about putting on a show. So once i beat you at this ill drag you to the duelinga arena and beat you there too. Adare reaches for a bow. "After you."

Rolls for my 3 shots.
(3D6) [6] [6] [4] (16)
(3D60 [3] [2] [2] (7)
(3D6) [6] [3] [4] (13)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 05:36 PM
Will: "Alright this should be fun." Will finishes his ale and grabs his bow off his back. Will takes aim and fires his first shot.

Taking my first shot:

Roll3d6 (4)(3)(6) + 1 Dex + 2 for aiming (Talent) = 16

DM: Will's first shot hits the bullseye.

Will: "Alright, match that." Will says to Adare.

DM: Adare's shots:

First shot: Inner ring next to bullseye (15 points)
Second shot: Miss everything
Third: Blue edge around the target. (10 points)

wentz22
2013-03-21, 05:52 PM
Adare slowly pulls back the bow strings strugling not to break it. "How does someone fight with a weapon that feels as if its going to break so easily?" Adare fires his first shot, barely missing the bullseye.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 06:00 PM
Will: "Ha ha, it requires finesse my friend, not brute force." Will says jokingly. Will takes aim and fires another shot at the target.

Roll: (1) (3) (3) + 1 DEX + 2 Aim = 10

DM: Edge ring (5 points)

DM: Will's shot goes well below the bullseye and hits the edge ring of the target.

Will: "Well that wasn't too great..." Will states.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 06:08 PM
"You'r pressing your luck calling me friend when i'v only known you for a few hours" Adare's second shot flies a good 5ft above the target.

"This thing must be broken" He mumbles as he reaches for another arrow

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 06:22 PM
Will: "Don't fret this is suppose to be a celebration isn't it?" Will says to Adare. "One more shot to go." Will aims and fires again.

Will fires:
(5)(5)(3) +1 dex +2 aim = 16

DM: Wills shot hits the bullseye.

Will: "your turn." Will says to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-21, 06:55 PM
Adare pulls the bow back friing his final arrow, but barely catches the edge of the target. "Bah, i stick by my word that a bow is more a toy than an battle weapon. Why don't we head back to the dueling arena where we can really flew our muscles. I'll show you how Barbarians from the Frostbacks fight."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-21, 11:29 PM
"Up close and personal! That's my sort of battle style. Alright, let's do that!" Will says enthusiastically to Adare.

Fiala interrupts "You boys better be impressive with swords, because you certainly aren't very good with those bows."

Will laughs and says "Alright, let's go put on a show." Will begins to walk towards the dueling arena.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 07:56 AM
After a few minitues Adare readies himself at the far end of the dueling arena. Picking up another wooden practice sword Adare takes in the arena before directing his attention to his opponent.

"I made the challenge so you get to define to the rules of our little duel. But before we begin it would be rude of me not to properly introduce myself. My name... Is Adare Ar Balthor. I hail from the Frostback Mountians. Lets have some fun!

Adare Perception Check
(3D6) [4] [2] [3] + 3(Perception) (12)

Adare Adare Dexteritity(Initative)
(3D6) [5] [1] [5] (11)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 02:59 PM
DM: Adare sees that the arena is getting pretty wet and there is still a light drizzle in the air. This drizzle will make it harder to hit an opponent.

Will: "Alright, first off let me remove my gear." Will takes off his armor and sets his weapons down beside Fiala. "I purpose first to two. Whoever hits the other three times wins. We should line up about 5 yards away and use the wood swords. Agreed?" Will asks. "Oh, and my name is Will by the way."

Int roll:
(3)(6)(3) + Dex(1) = 13

wentz22
2013-03-22, 03:21 PM
Grasping the wooden sword in his right hand Adare readies himself for Wills first attack. "Show me what you can do Will."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 03:28 PM
Will replies "Alright, let's do this!"

Will charges with his sword in his right hand and takes a swing at Adare.

(1)(2)(6) + Dex - Adare one handed talented (1) - Rain (1)= 8

DM: Will swings and Adare just manages to block the attack.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 03:36 PM
"Good strong swing, seems like you've done this before!" Now lets see how you handle this!" Adare lifts his sword high above his head in an attempt to bring it crashing down on will.

Adare Attack Roll
(3D6) [6] [4] [2] (12 + Dex 0) (12)

Adare Damage
(1D6-1) [6] (5 + Strength 4) (9)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 03:45 PM
DM: Adare's swing hits will hard on the shoulder.

Will takes 9 damage.

End of round one:

Will's Health = 28/37
Adare's Health = 35/35

Will:"Damn, nice swing." Will tries to say confidently, but with an edge of pain in his voice.

Will turns quick and swings again:

Attack roll: (1)(2)(3) + 1 Dex - Adare one handed(1) - rain(1) = 5

On his swing Will lost his footing.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 03:59 PM
"I can tell you have potential, but you don't seem as adapt to this weather as I." Lets end this" Adare brings his sword around in an attempt to hit will while off balance.

Attack Roll
(3D6-1Rain) [6] [4] [6] (15)

Damage Roll
(1D6-1) [1] (0)

Stunt Points (4) Sieze the Inititave
(3D6-1Rain) [5] [5] [2] (11)
Stunt Bonus Might Blow/Disarm
Attack Roll
(2D6-1) [5] [1]

Disarm Stunt
(1D6+strength 4) [3] (7)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 04:11 PM
DM: Adare's attack hits will once again. Will stumbles and before he could recover Adare let loose another attack hitting will across the face where blood begins to fly from.

Will's health: 17/37
Adare's health: 35/35

Will:

Roll to see if Will loses his weapon:
(6)+2 = 8

DM: Will falls to the ground weapon in hand and bleeding from the nose and mouth.

Will: Will starts laughing hysterically while sitting in the mud and begins to speak "I can't remember the last time I had an ass kicking that good." Will sticks the sword in the ground next time and says "The frostback mountains sure make strong warriors. You have earned my respect Adare. How about some Ale on me?"

DM:

Adare earns 100 XP from combat.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 04:16 PM
"How about you buy the ale, but on the way will stop at the Inn so i can grab my gear. I think i had some herbs to help patch that nose of yours up too." Adare extends his hand to help will out of the mud.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 04:22 PM
Will grabs Adare's hand. "Alright that sounds fine to me. I'll meet you at the tent." Will remarks.

DM: Will collects his stuff and heads to the booth the get some Ale. While Adare heads to the Inn to collect some herbs to help Will's bloodied face.

For Will:

This counts as a short rest to recover some health:
1D6: (4) + Con(3) + lvl(1) = 8 HP restored.
Will's Health = 25/37.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 04:44 PM
Adare returned to the Inn where he found his armor quietly piled in the chest at the foot of his bed. I can finally change out of these soak commoner rags." He muttered to himself as he snaped that last few starps of his armor together. To many it wouldnt seem like much but it was all that Adare needed. One Leather chest piece that was reinfored with some form of metal, the same concept covered his left should and lower arm. A small dagger like blade pretrudes from the tip of the armor on his left hand. His entire right side remains exposed, Finally he reaches under the bed and pulls out his most presious treasure. His trusted Bastard sword crafted from the finest dwarven metals. Its hilt formed from dagger blades, while the majority of the blade is sharp enough cut flesh as if it were butter, the bottom few inches are strangly knotched for breaking bones.

Adare sheaths his sword securly on his back and finally grabs the last of his belongings and heads towards the ale house to meet with adare.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 05:13 PM
DM: The clouds now cover the sky completely and Sothmere is almost as dark as night despite only being late afternoon. Howls of wolves are heard in the distance and most of the booths are closing for today.

Will: "Three ales please!" Will says to the bartender with his face still quite bloody. "What the hell happened to you?!" Says a familiar voice to the left of Will. Will turns and sees a man that looks like he is in his late 50's. He has grey hair and a full grey beard. "Sheriff Milo Kovic!" Will exclaims! "How great it is to see you!" Will continues on. "Ha ha, skip the pleasantries. How has Denerim been treating you?" Milo asks. Before Will answers he turns to the barkeep and says "Make that four ale!"

wentz22
2013-03-22, 05:49 PM
Adare pauses for a moment to listen to the wolves howl in the distance. "Jeska, i know your out there, I will find you." Adare continues towards Will who is now in sight as he continues to think about his sister and how they used to use wild Frostback Wolves for training. Nothing like having your life on the line to hone your skills. Before he knew it Adare was within a few feet of will. Reaching around him Adare grabs one of the Ale sitting on the counter and takes a large swig.

"I see your nose is still gushing like a fountian, yet you seem to constantly have new friends by your side every time i bump into you."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 07:33 PM
"Hello Adare, this is Sheriff Milo Kovic. Oh, and this is Adare Ar Balthor" Will explains to them both.

"Nice to meet you." Milo puts out his hand to shake Adare's.

wentz22
2013-03-22, 08:29 PM
Adare reluctantly shakes the mans hand, although it was against how he was raised. "So Will what is there to do in this town after dark? Oh and i almost forgot. Heres the Medical supplies i told you id exchange you for the ale."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-22, 11:03 PM
Will takes the supplies from Adare "This ale was for beating me in the duel. Next ale is for the medical supplies." Will laughs as he takes a swig of his Ryott ale.

DM: To Adare

Adare must make a heal check to see how effective the herbs are for Will. Roll 1D6 + Cunning to determine the hit points restored.

wentz22
2013-03-23, 08:24 AM
Medical Roll
(1D6+Cunning (1)) [4] (5)

Adare continues to enjoy his ale but can't help but keep his attention on the sherif. "I dont intend this to sound rude, Milo was it? But that expression on our face leads me to believe you're going to ask Will here to do something he may not enjoy."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-23, 11:17 AM
DM:

Will takes out the supplies and applies them to himself
Will's health: 30/37

"Oh, sorry. I was just checking out what Ser Vilem Richta was up to. He is the handsome young knight over there that's been assigned to the new Fort Sothmere." Milo responds. "Sounds like you have a crush." Laughed Will as he drinks his ale.

wentz22
2013-03-23, 11:47 AM
"So Will, tell me this is your home town is it not? Since you seem to know everyone. What is there to do here other than drink Ale after dark?"

Dad!! A young voice echos accrossed the nearly empty rows of now closed vender booths. "You promised you'd take me to town square so I could go dancing, but yet here i find you drinking with a bunch of Old Men who reak of beer and sweat."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-23, 11:58 AM
"Wanda, not now! I'm talking to an old friend Will and my new friend Adare." Milo replies to his daughter.

Will turns to see a beautiful young women probably no older than 20 years old. "Don't fret young lady, I shall take you dancing once I'm finished talking to your father and if that not pleases you. I'm sure any of these men would be willing to dance with yourself... That is of course if they think they could handle your fathers mean right arm ha ha!" Will replies to Wanda jokingly.

Wanda replies as she grabs a seat next to Adare and Will "Hmph, I really do want to dance so I suppose I can wait for now."

"Oh, and yes I am from here originally Adare, but I've been living up in Denerim for the last several years. I just came back for the festival. I know you said you were from the frostback mountains, but what brings you to our quaint little town?" Will responds to Adare.

DM: OOC Denerim background:

Denerim is the capital city of Fereldan.

wentz22
2013-03-23, 12:06 PM
"Im looking for someone." A bit of unease could be seen crossing Adare's face as he quickly looked for a way to change the subject.

"Wanda was it? Come let us dance. That is if your father agrees."

Before Milo has a chance to reply Wanda is already up out of her seat draging Adare towards town square.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-23, 12:36 PM
Will:
"I AGrreeeeee." Milo says long and stretched out to pretend there was an echo on his voice.

"So Will I heard that being a guard didn't exactly work out for you." Milo probes.

"Well, lets just say Denerim wasn't what I expected." Will replies stoically.

"Yeah, most people don't know how different the world is outside this small village." Milo replies.

"I know there is no point in asking, but will you finally tell me about what happened to your leg?" Will asks as he takes a final swig of his ale.

Milo looks down at his right leg and looks back up and Will.
"It got hurt in battle." Milo responds seriously to Will.

"I know that, but the real story." Will asks.

"Well, I suppose its time you know the truth... But first. TWO MORE ALES!" Milo yells to the barkeep.

DM: As Adare and Wanda leave the town square the light drizzle has turned into a light rain. It is now dark, but the lights of the village square are still up and people are dancing around while a female elf is up on stage singing and playing a lute with human musicians.

To Adare:

Make a perception check.

wentz22
2013-03-23, 12:48 PM
Adare and Wanda soon reached the center of the town. Wanda seemed hypnotised by the music, the town weren't really even dancing so much as Wanda was just skiping and twirling around Adare and he stood still eyes closed as the newly arived rain beat down on his head.

"Come on, you told me you'd dance your just standing there, you have to move your body, here let me show you.

Wanda grabs Adares hand and lifts it up so she could spin under it, as she continued to drag him around the dance floor. Adare let out a chuckle and a slight grin. No matter how hard he tried to avoid it this girl with all her energy reminded him of his sister.

Adare Perception Check
(3D6+Perception) [5] [6] [2] (13+2 = 15)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-23, 02:00 PM
DM: Adare noticed that the elf playing the lute was the same elf he met on stage before when Olek was performing. Adare also slightly hears more wolves howling the distance.

Will:

"So remember how I told you I used to work as an armed guard for the Arl of Redcliffe?" Milo asks Will.

"Yes, I remember." Will responds.

"Well during my time there myself and some other guards were requested to help a Templar recover a young apostate in a small Dalish camp about a days travel south. At the time I thought nothing of my task as I've been doing my duty there for well over 10 years. Well when we get to the camp a Templar by the name of Garrick decided to get rough with the villagers so they would give up the apostate." Milo explains to Will while glancing back and fourth between Will and his leg.

"Go on." Will says.

"While, I was uncomfortable with this rash approach it did work and they did point out where the apostate was. So we traveled to a hut in the back of the village and there she was. A 12 year old dalish elf scared out of her mind because of all the noise. Garrick simply demanded she not try to run as he approached her, but of course behind 12 she did try to run. Of course she didn't get far as Garrick grabbed her right away. She was kicking and screaming, but it was of no use and that's when Garrick hit her across the face." Milo says with a look of disgust on his face.

"That's a little drastic." Will says.

"Well that was only the first off it, after she stopped kicking and screaming he hit her again in the ribs and said that's what you mages get. He did this several times." Milo explained.

"What a monster." Will states.

"Yes and I thought so too... Of course I didn't do anything or say anything about it. Afterall he was a man close to Adraste so he must know best... And after all mages are dangerous, but even though I tried to justify it I knew it was so wrong. How can you keep hitting a defenseless 12 year old girl? It just isn't right. But still I just sat there and kept my mouth shut." Milo says as he punches the table. People stare at him for a few seconds and then continue on drinking. Milo than carries on "So once we left the hut me feeling ashamed the villagers saw what we did to that girl... They of course were outraged, but instead of trying to quell the outrage he simply pulled out his sword and told them to stand down."

Will sits there quietly and waits for Milo to continue.

wentz22
2013-03-23, 02:17 PM
"So are you going to tell me why your here?" Wanada asked as she took a seat off to the side of the dancing area. The rain had become more steady and most of the towns folk were starting to head for home. "I know your looking for someone, but to travel all this way, to stop in such a small town the person must be of great importance to you."

"Indeed she is."

"She?" Wanda replied sharply So, is it your wife? your mother?

Adare sighed, it was no use. This girl was the same as his sister in so many ways. He couldnt hide the truth from her.

"It's my sister. She was taken 4 years ago and i'v been searching, interigating, and killing in an attempt to find a clue as to where she may be for years. Iv traveled from my home just outside of Orzammer acrossed the entire northern most part of the Coastlands, I then followed the Eastern edge of Lake Calenahd untill i arived here. I'll stay for a few days and if nothing turns up i will move on.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-24, 10:48 PM
"Of course the villagers were outraged, they said we shouldn't even be there on Dalish land, but it was a very small village and it wasn't marked as their territory. One young elfish man attempted to strike Garrick and that's when Garick pulled out his dagger and stabbed the man and that was the breaking point for the village. The hunters of their village drew their bows and began to fire a barrage of arrows at us killing several of the other guards who I once considered friends. We ran for cover with the girl and had no choice but to fight. I had to kill several of the villagers myself and even got hit badly in the leg with an arrow. So that's how it happened... I was a coward and just kept following orders. Now this injury serves as a reminder about what took place." Milo says as he looks down at the table in shame.

"What happened to the girl?" Will asked.

"I wish I could say different, but despite me voicing my concerns the girl was taken by the Templar and I presume taken to the Circle of Magi or killed." Milo says in disgust.

Will gets out of his chair and pads Milo on the back and says "Thank you for telling me your story."

"I haven't told anyone that story in a very long time... It certainly isn't something I'm proud of, but used it to shape me in the man I am today. Now where's the ale we asked for?" Milo says jokingly.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 08:09 AM
'Wanda."Adare beckoned. "Come, lets get you back it starts to rain any harder. Atleast that way you can get sick from the cold on his watch, not mine."

"But i want to keep dancing." She moaned as her cheerfull expression quickly changed from full of energy to sad and full of disapointment. But still she was quick to catch up to Adare as they made there way back to the Ale booth.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 03:27 PM
DM: By this time many patrons have already left the booth and headed to the main festival tent or to their homes.

Milo takes a swig, finishes his ale and says to Will "Well I guess I better get to the main tent for the feast! Oh, and don't worry you and your friend will have spots reserved."

"Thanks Milo, I'll be there as soon as I finish this ale." Will responds as he takes another sip of his ale.

Milo gets up and heads out to the festival. Just outside the booth he spots Wanda and Adare walking towards him. "Did you have fun dancing?" He asks in the general direction of Wanda and Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 03:33 PM
Dad! I had a great time, Adare is a bit of a stiff and has no sense of rythem but i still had fun. Is it time for the feast?

"Feast?" Adare Questioned. I Thought all of the festivities were finsihed after the sun went down."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 03:36 PM
Milo laughs and says "Well I'm glad to hear you had fun. And no Adare not everything is finished as it's time for a great feast! Oh, and don't worry you and Will are both invited. Now come along Wanda, lets get going."

wentz22
2013-03-25, 03:39 PM
"I see, im going to go grab Will then and will be right behind you." Adare begins to walk away leaving Wanda back with her dad.

"Come on dad i want to make sure we get there first before all the good seats are taken."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 03:46 PM
"Ha ha come along dear." Milo begins to hobble off towards the large white tent near the village square. Wanda skips behind him.

Will: "Now that was refreshing!" Will puts down his empty mug on the table.

Will's state:

Roll drunk test:
3d6 (3)(2)(6) + Con (2) = 13

DM: The alcohol doesn't affect Will.

Will gets up and starts to leave as he notices Adare coming into the booth and begins to approach him.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 03:50 PM
Hey! Apparently theres some sort of Feast at town Square. Lets go grab our seats so you can fill your guy with more than just ale.
Adare waves at Will to hurry up as he turns back towards town square.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 04:06 PM
Will: "You won't get any argument out of me!" Will says jokingly to Adare.

DM: Adare and Will walk into the tent where many of the villagers are already seated. There are tables to the left and right and one large table at the far end of the tent. You notice that's where Wanda and Milo are already sitting. Wanda begins to wave Will and Adare over to their table.

Will: "Well I suppose we shouldn't keep our hosts wait." Will says and takes a big whiff trying to take in all the delicious smells.

Smell check:

3d6:(3)(1)(6) + Per(2) = 12

DM: Will smells all sorts of fantastic smells. Fruits and veteables from all over Fereldan, wild game spiced to perfection and of course lots of Ryott ale! It all smells so good to him.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 04:33 PM
COLOR="Red"]"I sure hope they have wild frost bore."[/COLOR] Adare chuckles as he takes his seat. Knowing very well that the Frost Bore was a animal limited stricktly to the Frostbacks.

"Is this the entire population of the town?" Adare questions Milo as he takes in each table one by one.

Perception Test
3D6 [4] [2] [2] +Per(3) = 11
Weak roll, saved by my Perception.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 04:44 PM
DM: Adare looks around to see several dozen villagers.

"No, but this is certainly the majority. The soldiers from the fort aren't at the feast tonight as they will be at the feast on the final day." Milo says to Adare.

Will: Will sits down next to Milo and Adare sits next to Will at the end of the table.

Milo stands up and raises his mug to address the room. "Thank you everyone for coming." As Milo begins to start his speech he is interrupted by barking dogs outside. Milo waits for a few seconds for the dogs to stop barking, chuckles and starts again. "Thank you for coming everyone. I know this new Fort Sothmere will mean a lot to our small village and will help our village grow into a prosperous town. This is our home and I know we are all so..." Once again dogs bark loudly and suddenly you start to hear screams outside.

DM: Would players make a hearing perception check?

Will:

Roll: (1)(4)(3)+Per(2) =10

wentz22
2013-03-25, 04:47 PM
Perception Roll

3D6 [6] [2] [5] +Per(3) = 16

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 05:04 PM
DM: Adare hears "STALKERS! THEY'RE HERE!" in the background between screams.

An Axe tears through the wall behind Sheriff Milo and a barbaric human with unnaturally yellow skin and bulging veins steps through to the menace the elderly Sheriff. Wanda grabs the man's are but he slashes her forearm with the dagger in his other hand. Wanda collapses to the floor. Frightened villagers push past one another as they go to escape the tend. Most make it, but then two more yellow skin barbarians dresses like Chasind enter the tent blocking their path. Will you attempt to fight or flee?

Players must Roll initiative.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR1-1.jpg

wentz22
2013-03-25, 05:12 PM
"This is what i call a main course!" A grin crosses Adares jaw as he reaches over his shoulder and Draws his Sword in his right hand.

Initiative Roll

3D6 [5] [2] [3] = 10

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 05:44 PM
Will: grabs out his sword in shield.

Int:
(5)(6)(5) + Dex(1) = 17

WOOT WOOT!

DM:

Turn Order:

Will - 17
Ragers - 17 (They had lower dragon die.)
Milo - 15
Fiala - 14
Adare - 10
Villagers - 7

DM: Will's Turn.

Will: Will charges the man attacking Milo and swings his sword. While swinging his sword he smells a terrible stench.

Will:

Roll to determine if stench bothers will:

Constitution test:
(6)(3)(1)+2con =12

The smell distracts Will as he attacks. -1Atk.

Bastard sword strike on R1:
(5)(3)(4) + 2str + 1 for charging = 15 -1 for awful stench = 14

DM: Will hits!

Will:

Damage:
(5)(4)+3 = 12

DM: Will cuts the barbarian badly across the chest and it begins bleeding badly. While this would stop a normal man in his tracks the man keeps going.

R1: Turns and swings its battle axe at Will.

Attack Result:
But Will was too quick and got his shield up in time.

R2 attack V1 with his axe.

Attack Result:

Rager hits villager for 13 damage and the villager is badly hurt.

R3 attack V2 with his axe.

Attack Result:

Rager hits villager for 12 damage and the villager is badly hurt.

Milo: "Noooo Wanda!" Milo yells as he attempts to punch the barbarian in the face.

Attack:

Milo couldn't take the smell and the Yellow skinned man blocks the attack.

Fiala: Fiala see's the commotion and attempts to shoot R2.

Attack:

Fiala puts and arrow right in its neck dealing 12 damage. The monstrosity of a man is still standing however.

DM: Adare's turn. When you go to attack a monster you need to make a Constitution test.

Remember: Move, Attack (Roll your Con test, Attack test and Damage +stunts you use.)

wentz22
2013-03-25, 06:06 PM
"Will! Cover FialaAdare charges past Will to gain position to attack.

Constitution Test
3D6 [2] [3] [6] = 11

Attack Roll on R1
3D6 [2] [4] [2] +Strength (4) = 12

Damage Roll
2D6+1 [3] [3]+1+Str (4) = 11

Stunt - Sieze the Inititave

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 06:19 PM
DM: The Yellow skinned man gets overwhelmed by all the attackers and Adare manages to get the final blow cutting his head clean off!

Villagers turn:

V1: Cowers in fear.

V2: Runs towards Adare and Will for protection.

V3: Runs towards Adare and Will for protection.

V4: Runs towards Adare and Will for protection.

V5: Stands where they are.

DM: End of round 1.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR2.jpg

Turn Order:

Adare - 10
Will - 17
Ragers - 17
Milo - 15
Fiala - 14
Villagers - 7

NPC Status:

R1 = Dead
R2 = Hurt
R3 = Perfect
V1 = Hurt
V2 = Hurt
W = Unknown (On floor)

DM: Adare's turn.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 06:29 PM
"Burn in hell.."Adare shifts his attention to Wanda.

Adare moves from K2 to I4

"Wanda, here use this. Its not much but it should be able to hold you over untill we get you home. Adare removes a second batch of herbs from a pouch on his belt.

Heal Check
3D6 [5] [4] [4] = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 06:34 PM
DM: While Adare attempts to heal Wanda he notices she is running a fever and also notices the skin around her wound is turning the same yellow color as the men who attacked her. Wanda opens her eyes and looks at Adare.

OOC: Adare of course can still RP during the mean time.

Will's turn.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 06:38 PM
"Milo you need to get Wanda away from here. I don't think we can heal her in the middle of this fight" screamed Adare, a worried expression begging to cross his face.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 07:20 PM
Will:

Will puts away his sword and shield and takes out his bow. He fires at R2:

Attack:

Attack roll: (2)(2)(1) + 1Dex = 6

DM: Will misses by a mile.

Will: “Damn it.” Will says as his shot punches a hole 5 feet left of one of the barbarians.

Monsters turn:

The Yellow skinned barbarian at the end of the room swings his battle axe at the cowering villager.

R2 Attacks V1

The axes goes right through his chest and the man drops to the ground. He then runs after the villager that is running away.

The other barbarian chases after the man running away and is now standing right next to him.

Milo's turn:

“Alright, I don't have any weapons so that sounds like a good idea!” Milo says to Adare as he picks up Wanda and carefully hobbles out the hole the first barbarian made in the tent.

Fiala's turn:

Fiala takes aim and fires at the barbarian with the arrow already in his neck.

F Attacks R2:

Fiala's arrow hits the Barbarian right in the head as it falls to the ground.

Fiala reloads quickly and moves up onto the table behind her for a better line of sight.

Villagers turn:

V2 cowers in fear as the barbarian is upon him.
V3 freezes not knowing where to run.
V4 and V5 stand their ground.

DM:

End of Round 2.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR3.jpg

Turn Order:

Adare - 10
Will - 17
Ragers - 17
Fiala - 14
Villagers - 7

NPC Status:

R1 = Dead
R2 = Dead
R3 = Perfect
V1 = Dead
V2 = Hurt
F = Perfect

It is now Adare's turn.

wentz22
2013-03-25, 07:53 PM
((I was supposed to be at I4 so im going to move from there xD))

"Focus Will, I need you to cover me!

Adare lunges over the main table and makes his way accrossed the room only a few yards away from the last monster

Adare moves from I4 to K8

"Come at me you beast, try your strength against something that can fight back! Adare yells in an attempt to lure the monster away from the villager.

If this isnt actually a thing then just ignore it.
Comunication Test to lure in Monster
3D6 [4] [4] [2] +Com(2) = 12

shaken_bacon
2013-03-25, 10:48 PM
DM: The Raging barbarian turns and looks at Adare for a second, but continues after the villager.

Will: "Get down!" Will yells to the villager as he reloads his longbow and fires another shot.

W Attacks R3

Attack:
(2)(3)(6) + Dex(1) = 12

DM: The shot just misses the Barbarian.

"Damn it not again!" Will says frustrated at himself.

Barbarian turn

The raging barbarian takes a swipe with its taker trying to hit the villager.

R3 attacking V2

The barbarian stabs the villager in the neck and they drop dead.

The Barbarian than moves next to Adare.

Fiala's turn

Fiala takes and fires her longbow at the barbarian.

F attacks R3

Fiala's arrow does a mighty blow against the barbarian. Fiala puts another arrow in her bow.

Villagers Turn

The villagers stand where they are.

DM: End of round 3

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR4.jpg

Turn Order:

Adare - 10
Will - 17
Ragers - 17
Fiala - 14
Villagers - 7

NPC Status:

R1 = Dead
R2 = Dead
R3 = Hurt
V1 = Dead
V2 = Dead
F = Perfect

DM: Adare's turn.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 07:09 AM
Adare charges around to the side of the beast

Move from 58 to L9

You've shed enough blood." Adare pulls back his blade.

Constitution Test
3D6 [5] [5] [6] = 16
Yea Baby!!!

Attack Roll
3D6 [2] [5] [2] +Str (4)+Charging(1) =(14)
((I know i joke, but this dice roller is getting silly lol))

Damage Roll
2D6+1 [4] [6] +Str(4) = 15+Stunt-Might Blow 1D6 [6]= 21

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 02:03 PM
DM: Adare's blade passes clean through the barbarian.

The last yellowskin man falls, but the screaming around the village continues outside in the meantime.

"Are we safe now?" Asks one of the villagers in the tent.

Rewards

Party earns 225XP each.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 02:59 PM
Adare swung his sword to the side to get the blood off his blade before sheathing it over his shoulder and looking back to Will. "Should we scout the rest of the town or check on Milo and Wanda?"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 03:10 PM
"I don't know where Wanda and Milo would have ran off too, but would love to find them." Will responds. "Fiala, nice shooting, but can you look after the rest of these villagers?" Will asks.

"Yes, I can do that, but this are no ordinary chasind so be careful." Fiala responds.

"Perhaps we should make our way to the meeting hall? I bet that's where the people will try to gather and perhaps Wanda and Milo would be there." Will says to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 03:32 PM
Alright, lead the way. You know this town far better than I.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 04:21 PM
DM: Will and Adare leave Fiala to attend to the villagers.

When they exit the tent they see Olek the elf and the elfish entertainer running away from two of the yellow skin chasind. The women has a big gash on her leg and is climbing up a hill. Olek no longer the goofy entertainer has two knifes in hand standing between the women and the two men. Even from her you can tell he has already been wounded. Will you help them out? (If yes roll imitative.)

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR1-2.jpg

wentz22
2013-03-26, 04:27 PM
"Will, fight beside me or cover me from behind, but I refuse to let another innocent person die today." Adare draws his sword again.

initiative roll

3d6 [4] [3] [2] 9

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 04:57 PM
Will:

Int Roll

(5)(6)(1)+1 = 13

DM:

Turn Order:

Female Elf
Ragers
Will
Olek
Adare

Females Elf turn:

She runs to B5 and notice the hill is too tall to climb with her bad leg.

Ragering Barbarians Turn:

The closest barbarian near Olek moves next to him and takes a swing with his axe.

R1 Attacks O

He hits Olek bad across his arm.

The Raging Barbarian than bites Olek on the neck.

The second barbarian turns and moves in to attack Adare. The barbarian raises his axe to strike.

R2 attack A

The Barbarian hits for 14 damage - 4 armor = 10 damage to Adare.

Will's turn:

"Damn it!" Will yells pulling out his sword and shield.

Will swings at the barbarian attacking Adare with his bastard sword.

(4)(6)(1)+2Str -2 Darkness = 11

Will misses.

Will swings but misses.

Oleks Turn

Olek attempts to stab the barbarian attacking him.

Olek managers to quickly slash the barbarian while running back towards the elfish women. He is also prepared to strike again shortly.

DM: Adare's turn

wentz22
2013-03-26, 05:13 PM
"You bloody twit!" Adare let's out a bellow as the blade slashes acrossed his chest. "I'll show you" Adare charges behind the monster.

move to J9

attack roll
3D6 [3] [3] [3] +str 4 = 13

Damage roll
2d6+1 [4] [4] +str 4 =13

Stunt Sieze the initive

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 05:24 PM
DM: Adare's blade just misses the Raging Barbarian.

End of Round 1

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR2-1.jpg

Character Status:

Adare: 25/35
Will: 30/37
Olek: Badly Wounded
Elf Women: Okay
R1: Hurt
R2: Perfect

Turn Order:

Olek
Dielza
Ragers
Will
Adare

DM: Olek's turn

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 05:41 PM
Olek: "Stay here Dielza!" Olek yells to elfish women.

"No, don't do anything stupid." Dielza yells to Olek.

Olek moves to D8.

Olek takes a swing with his dagger at the Barbarian.

O attacks R1:

Olek stabs the man in the head.

"There take that you bastard!" Olek yells at the barbarian. The man however doesn't fall and somehow keeps moving. "What the..." Olek says as he prepares for another assault.

Dielza's turn

She says in the corner.

Raging Barbarians turn:

The barbarian next to Olek raises his battle axe and swings down.

R1 attacks O

The barbarian missed by quite a bit.

The second barbarian swings his axe at Will:

R2 attacks W

Will just got his shield up in time to block the attack.

Will's turn

Will moves next to Adare J10 and swings his bastard sword at the raging barbarian.

Attack:(5)(5)(3)+2Str+1Adare-2Dark = 14

Pierce Armor stunt

Damage: (1)(2)+3 = 6

Lightning Attack

Attack: 4,2,5+2Str+1Adare-2Dark = 12

Miss

Will hits the barbarian lightly with his sword and keeps swinging with his sword, but the barbarian just dodges the second attack.

"Damn, he moves fast for a big guy." Will states.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 05:48 PM
"Keep on him, he can't keep up with both of us!"

attack roll
3d6 [1] [2] [2] +will(1)+str(4)=10

Stunt-the defence stance one

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 06:04 PM
DM: End of Round 2.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/TentR3-1.jpg

Character Status

Adare: 25/35
Will: 30/37
Olek: Badly Wounded
Elf Women: Okay
R1: Badly wounded
R2: Hurt

Turn Order:

Olek
Dielza
Ragers
Will
Adare

Olek's turn:

Olek takes another swipe with his dagger.

O attacks R1

Olek hits.

This time Olek makes contact cutting the head clean off the man. "Try standing up now! Wait... Actually don't." Olek says as he collapses to the ground.

Dielza's turn

"No, Olek!" Dielza screams and runs to his side.

She moves to C8

Rager Barbarian turn

The barbarian swings his axe at Adare...

Hit adare for 13 damage - armor = 9 damage.

Adare is now at 16/35 health

And hits Adare with the swing!

Will's turn

"Die Fiend!" Will says as he swings at the remaining barbarian.

(6)(2)(2) + 2str + 1 Adare - 2 dark = 11

Miss

The Barbarian ducks Will's attack. Will puts away his sword and quickly grabs out his lantern to light it. "It's too damn dark, protect me while I light this Adare!" Will says to Adare in a panic.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 06:37 PM
"I haven't had this much fun in some time..." Adare began to swing at the wast again as blood continued to gush from his chest wound and arm.

attack roll
3D6 [2] [6] [5] +str(4) +Will(1) -darkness(2) = 17

Dmg roll
2D6+1 [4] [4]+str(4) = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 07:17 PM
DM: Adare makes contact cutting his head clean off.

Reward:

100 XP each

DM: The Olek lays on the ground still while the elvish women who Olek called Dielza sits next to him. She yells over to Adare and Will. "Please you must help him."

wentz22
2013-03-26, 07:30 PM
"Will, I think we need to bunker down here." Adare makes his way into the building with the two elves leaving a steady trickle of blood behind him. "You can go if you feel you need to check on the rest of the town, but in my condition I believe I'm better off here with these two." Adare slides down the wall next to Olek as his fumbles threw his bag for the last of his medical supples.

herbs for Olek

3d6 [2] [5] [2] +cunning (2) = 11 ((not sure if my cunning is 2 or 1))

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 08:47 PM
DM: The herb does help a bit, but Olek is still in a lot of pain.

"Brother you're running a fever. Can someone get me some water?" Dielza days to Olek with her hand on his forehead. "I'll get you some water' one of the villagers says.

Fiala walks over to Adare let me try and patch you up a bit.

Adare patches Adare up a bit restoring 6 health.
Adare's health = 22/35.

Will: "Excuse me, Dielza was it? Your leg is in pretty bad shape mind if I have a look at it?" Will asks Dielza.

"No, go ahead." Dielza responds.

Will takes a look at Dielza's leg.

Heal check:
6,2,2+1 = 11

DM: Will notices the cut isn't too deep, but the skin around the cut is slightly yellow like the skin of the Chasnid.

Will: "Adare look at this." Will says pointing at the cut. "Notice the yellow skin around the wound? What do you think this means?" Will asks.

DM: This is considered a short rest.

Will regains:

5+Con(3)+level(1) = 9 health.

Will's health = 37/37

Adare regains:

5+Con(0)+level(1) = 6 health

Adare is at 28/35 health.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 08:56 PM
perception test on my own wounds

3d6 [2] [6] [6] +per(3) = 16

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 09:00 PM
DM: your wounds are not yellow.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 09:06 PM
"Comparing her wounds to mine Will I'd say there are only two options, the less likely being its some sort of magic, but as dim witted as they were I doubt it. In my mind the only option would seem to be that there weapons are laced with a poison."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 09:22 PM
"That's a good thought here let's examine the weapons they have on them." Will goes and brings over an axe and dagger the barbarians had on them.

DM: Make a perception check for each weapon.

Will examines the axe:

4,2,1+2 = 9

Will examines the dagger:

1,5,2+2=10

wentz22
2013-03-26, 09:29 PM
"Pass those over here."

Adare examines the axe
3d6 [1] [2] [4] + per(3) = 10

Adare examines the dagger
3d6 [1] [3] [6] + per(3) = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 09:31 PM
DM: both Will and Adare don't notice anything special about the axe, but both notice a thin yellow liquid coated on the dagger.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 09:34 PM
"Is there anyone in this town that might be able to examine this better than us will? I'd bet a good amount of coin that's a position in some shape or form."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 09:45 PM
Will does a Natural knowledge(lore) check.
1+4+4+1

He doesn't know anything about this type of poison.

"I don't know much about this type of thing, this seems very strange. The only person I can think of is Old Stoyanka. She seems to know all sorts of things about poisons." Will states. "I didn't see her at the festival and her house is at the remote part of Sothmere so it might be a dangerous trip and she might not even be home." Will says to Adare.

Fiala interrupts "Actually she was at the festival. I saw her hanging around the wrestling booth after you two finished up your duel."

"Well regardless where she is I'm going out and going to kill as many of those monsters as I can. Will says confidently and begins to walk out the door.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 09:48 PM
"I won't stop you will but I will call you a fool. Go alone if you feel you must but I still need a short bit of time to tend these wonds, either wait for me or I'll catch up shortly."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 09:58 PM
Will turns back and faces Adare"Fool or not, I'm not letting people die while you sit crying in the corner over a few cuts. When I first met you, you seemed like a strong man proud to be from the frostback mountains. A man who proudly stated his full name of Adare Ar Balthor. If that is what you feel you need to do so be it, but I wonder how your clan would feel of your actions." Will turns back and continues to walk towards the door.

Persuasion check:
3+1+5+1 =10

Only used if you want it to help you make a decision.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 10:51 PM
"I think that cut did more to my brain than my body, your a smart ass you know that." Adare pushed himself off the floor and up to Wills side.
"Let's go, we have people to save. Make sure you keep that lamp lite." Adare paused for a moment. "Don't mistake my last name for tradition. I belong to no clan, I fight for what I believe in whether people like me or not."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 10:58 PM
Will cheers right up and says "I knew you were no coward! Now time to save some people!"

DM: Will and Adare leave the survivors in the tent and continue on their way to the main hall.

While walking the village roads they there are distant screams from throughout the village. Will and Adare aren't too far from the meeting hall now.

Will: Will has the lamp tied to the side of his backpack and also has bow and arrow in hand just in case. "So, Adare... You said you belong to no clan, huh. I bet there is a story there."

wentz22
2013-03-26, 11:01 PM
"There is, but not for you, not yet. If you kill more of these things than I do I'll consider telling you."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 11:05 PM
"Ha ha, I understand. Want to make sure I can stay alive long enough to trust with some deep dark emotional truth huh?" Will jokes. "The road straight up ahead leads to the meeting hall, but I have to take this side road for a minute." Will says to Adare. "Feel free to meet me at the hall I just have to check on someone." Will explains.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 11:08 PM
"Dumbass we stick together, I can't let me title portable flashlight wander off alone." Adare jokes as he sticks tightly behind Will.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 11:20 PM
"Good point! I know I get scared of the dark too." Will jokes as they walk down the road.

DM: Just as they begin to walk down the road a loud feminine scream comes from down the road direction.

Will: "I know that scream... Oh, no Aunt Edlyn!" Will yells as he sees his aunt standing next to her house with a Rager right next to her.

DM: As Will and Adare take off towards Aunt Edlyn the man manages to bite her on the arm.

Roll Initiative.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/EdlynsR1.jpg

wentz22
2013-03-26, 11:27 PM
imitative roll
3d6 [5] [6] [3]

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 11:32 PM
Will:

Int Roll

(4)(4)(4)+1 = 13

DM:

Turn Order:

Rager
Edlyn
Adare
Will

Rager Barbarian turn

The Rager is still biting Edlyns arm.

Edlyn's turn

She is screaming in pain. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

DM: Adare's turn P.S. I meant to put you beside will at G2 you can reach the Rager.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 11:42 PM
Adare moves to g6

"Will take care of your aunt." Adare draws his blade from over his shoulder griping it with both hands. "I'll show you true strength!"

attack roll
3d6 [3] [2] [4] +str(4) = 13

Dmg roll
2d6+1 [6] [3] +str(4) = 14

If I hit knock him back

shaken_bacon
2013-03-26, 11:48 PM
DM: Adare's swing comes right down on the Chasinds head splitting it in two pieces. The smaller piece stays locked on Edlyn's arm, but the rest of his body falls.

DM: Reward

50XP each.

Edlyn falls back and the reminder of the head falls off her arm. She is holding her arm tightly as Will runs and says. "Are... Are, you okay? Can I see the wound?"

Edlyn with tears in her eyes presents her arm.

DM: Both Adare and Will notice the yellow skin forming around the bite marks.

Will looks at Adare with fear in his eyes.

wentz22
2013-03-26, 11:55 PM
"Bring her with us Will" Adare reaches down and pick up the piece of the skull and jaw that was indented into Edlyn's arm and examines it closely.

perception test

3d6 [5] [3] [2] +per(3) = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 12:02 AM
DM: Adare notices that not only is the skin yellow, but so is there a yellow tint to the blood itself. Adare can not notice anything else without going in for a deeper look. (Autopsy aka heal check.)

Will: "Yes... Of course." Will says very calmly. He picks up his Aunt who is still holding her arm.

"Thank you..." Edlyn says while looking at and holding her wound.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 12:09 AM
Adare leans over to whisper into Wills ear. "This may be a poison or it could be worse, but either way with the stat the town is in getting any solid medical attention may be hardes than we hope." He pauses for a moment before continuing. " I think out best bet to keep her alive is to cut off her arm before whatever this is spreads." Adare steps away returning his attention to the skull as he cracks it open, leaving Will to his decision.

heal check
3d6 [5] [4] [3] + cunning(2) = 14

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 12:17 AM
DM: Adare can't pin point it, but something else besides the blood and skin just doesn't seem right. He can't pin point it, but there is something just off about these insides.

Will: "No, we don't know what this is I won't be cutting off my Aunts arm on wild theories. We'll get her to the meeting hall and hopefully someone knows what the hell is going on." Will says as quiet as possible, he has a worried expression thinking his Aunt may have heard.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 12:22 AM
"Very we'll, lets get her to safety, I'll lead the way." Adare takes off in front of will and his aunt, stoping every so often to make sure there ok.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 12:33 AM
DM: Adare, Will and Edlyn reach the village hall where several guards dressed in heavy mail armor are standing outside.

"I'm glad to see more survivors, please enter the hall." One of the guards says to the group. "Ser Vilem's orders. He wants everyone in the hall and has groups of soldiers collecting survivors as we speak. Many people are already in the hall." Just as the guard finishes explaining you hear a familiar voice "Adare, Will!" Will and Adare both look to see Wanda and Milo standing in the entrance doorway.

The group also sees several other villagers standing behind them. Although they can not make out exactly how many until they enter the hall.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 12:47 PM
"We need to get this women inside, but as soon as were done with that were going back out to help bring the rest of the villagers in." Adare hardly took a moment to breath let alone let the guard get a word in to tell him otherwise." We won't stop untill everyone in this town is safe. We've killed a handfull of these beasts already so if you know of any other sections of town that still needs to be checked over. Adare turns his attention to Will I'll understand if you need to stay here with your Aunt."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 03:21 PM
"Well, as much as I don't like it you too seem to be able to handle yourselves. We've got guards to the North, West and South, but the guards who headed East were killed. So if you could go East that would be needed, but still I wouldn't recommend it." The guard says.

"Than to the East we go!" Will says while raising his sword. "Aunt Edlyn these Wanda and Milo will look after you here." Will says loud enough for Wanda and Milo to hear. "Yes, we will." Milo steps in and puts his arm around Edlyn. "We've got some medical supplies and Old Stoyanka is looking at everyone's wounds here too!" Wanda says gleefully to no one in particular.

"Glad to hear it Wanda. Alright, than lets get going!" Will says to Adare as they both start to head East.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 03:33 PM
"Have anything like these creatures ever shown up before?" Adare asks will and they make there way east. "There's something about them I just can't place."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 03:36 PM
"Well Chasnid have been known to raid these parts, but not usually in such force. I've also never see a Chasnid take a arrow or sword to the neck and keep coming. Also the yellow skin is unsettling." Will says as they continue walking down the road.

Will has his bow and arrow in hand ready to shoot, with the lantern still on his backpack shining.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 03:45 PM
"Iv seen some beasts around the frostback a with skin that's almost black from the cold and they use it almost like an armor. But this seems like something completely different from an adaption to cold weather." Adare keeps his sword at the ready as the continue the late night walk."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 04:03 PM
DM: As you walk down the road you hear "Get away from me you filthy barbarians! I've bested cave spiders larger than you!" You see a dwarven merchant standing up on his wagon with a mace in hand. He is swinging wildly at the Chasnid trying to climb his wagon. There is also another Chasnid in between you and the Dwarf. Your light has attracted him so be prepared to fight.

Roll initiative.

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/DwarfMerchantR1.jpg

wentz22
2013-03-27, 04:09 PM
"Will can you reach the townsmen?" Adare readies his weapon ready to strike.

Initiative
3d6 [4] [4] [1] = 9

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 04:33 PM
Will: No, but my arrow will reach that Chasnid's head!"

(4)(5)(2) + 1 = 12

Turn Order:

Rager
Dwarf
Will
Adare

Rager Turn

The Barbarian at the wagon starts to climb it and the dwarf swings at it misses it but the dwarf slips and falls backwards off the wagon into the mud behind. (M4)

The other Barbarian rushes at Will. (D6) The barbarian swings his axe at Will:

Hits will for 12 damage - 4 AR = 8 damage

Will HP = 29/37

Ragers seize the initiative.

Will's turn

Will puts his bow away and grabs his sword and shield. He swings at the barbarian directly infront of him.

(5)(6)(1) + 2Str + 1 Adare = 15
Damn would have been nice to have double. :P

Damage: (3)(1)+3 = 7 damage

Darn.

Will gets just a piece of the barbarian and slashes him across the arm.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 04:44 PM
"When this is over Will i think its time i show you how to swing that blade with some killing intent! Adare moves behind the Rager.

Move from C7 to E6

Watch out for the spalter!"

Attack Roll
3D6 [4] [3] [5] +Str(4) + Will (1) = 17

Dmg Roll
2D6+1 [2] [1] +Str(4) = 8
BOOOOOOO

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 04:58 PM
DM: Adare's blade goings through the backside of the Chasnid man, but he is still somehow moving.

End of turn 1

Character Status:

Will = 29/37
Adare = 28/35
R1 = Badly Wounded

Map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/nicholas009/DwarfMerchantR2.jpg

Turn order:

Rager
Dwarf
Will
Adare

Monster Turn

The Barbarian standing near Will and Adare turns to Adare and swings with his dagger.

Hit for 12-4AR = 8 damage

And stabs Adare in the right shoulder.

The other barbarian runs to the other side of the cart. (L4) and attacks the Dwarf with its dagger.

HitSPOILER]

And stabs the dwarf in the arm badly while he was still on the ground.

Dwarf turn

The Dwarf stands up and swings his mace at the barbarian that attacked him.

[SPOILER]Hit.

The mace smashes in the barbarians face. "Told you I've fought bigger creatures than you!"

Will's turn

"Watch for the splatter!" Will says as he swings his sword at the barbarian.

Attack(5+5+2)+2str+1Adare = 15
Seize Int stunt
Damage:(6+2)+3 = 11

Will Slices clean through the barbarians leather armor and cuts him straight in half. "That better?" Will mocks.

DM:

Reward

100XP each

Character Status:

Will: 29/37
Adare: 20/35

wentz22
2013-03-27, 05:03 PM
I butter him up with my strike! Now hurry with that light." Adare rushes off into the Dark

Adare uses to movement turns to move to K4

"Hey, bring that ugly mug and fight me."

Comunication test to distract the Chasnid

3D6 [3] [5] [6] +Comunication(2) = 16

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 05:07 PM
"What more barbarians?! And these ones can talk! I've fought cave spiders larger than you!" The dwarf merchant says as he rushes over mace out at Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 05:09 PM
'Easy now there you stump jumper. Were here on behalf of the town bringing everyone in."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 05:16 PM
"DIIIIEEEEEE... Wait what? So you aren't one of those crazed men? Well that is a relief." The Dwarf chuckles. "My name is Strom Karsgard! I'm a traveling merchant. What makes it safer in town than on the road? I think I'll take my chances... Or I would if my blasted horses didn't run off..." Strom says.

"My name is Will. A pleasure Strom Karsgard." Will puts his hands on opposite shoulders and bows slightly.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 05:24 PM
"You Idiot" "You dont bow to dwarfs. This isn't nobility."

Adare turns his blade downward and drives it into the ground behind them. The Dwarvin craftmenship shines from the flicker of Wills light as Adare stands up straight.

"Adare Ar Balthor... I strongly suggest you acompany us back into town."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 06:34 PM
"I bow to all as it is a sign of respect." Will says will a tone of anger. "With that said, Adare is right it is safer if you come with us." Will says to Strom.

"You may be right, but what of my goods? This is my lively hood right here. I can't just leave them." Strom says with great concern.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 06:50 PM
"Seems there will always be things we don't see eye to eye on" Adare begins to walk around the cart. "Come into town with us and I'll pull the cart."

str test to see if I can pull the wagon

3d6 [4] [2] [6] +str(4) = 16

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 06:54 PM
DM: Adare is able to lift the wagon, but it is very heavy and there is no way he'd be able to wheel it into town.

"Two horses used to pull that, no matter how strong you are, I doubt you are stronger than horses." Strom says.

wentz22
2013-03-27, 06:59 PM
"I guess either Will pushes, we go horse hunting. Or one of use guards the cart while the others return to town and return with horses."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 07:08 PM
"I'm sorry, but peoples actual lives are still in the balance. No offense Strom, but you need to get your priorities straight." Will lashes at Strom.

DM: Before Strom gets to answer three men appear from the northern roads. One yells out "You Chasnid?"

wentz22
2013-03-27, 07:14 PM
"We're much better looking than those Chasnid." Adare bellows back.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-27, 08:28 PM
The man chuckles and steps into the light. It's Ser Vilem Richta the guard captain of Fort Sothmere. You recognize him from the pub. However he is now wearing his full plate armor and is carrying a metal shield and a longsword. He looks bigger than you remember standing easily over 6 feet and looks pretty stocky for that height. He also has two other soldiers accompanying him.

"Glad to find some more survivors. This is the last place we were going to check, the rest of the town has been secure." Ser Vilem states. "Please follow me back to town I'm going to hold a meeting at the village hall to discuss these monsters that invaded our town." Vilem pleads with the group.

"But, I can't leave my wares!" Strom says. "Ah, of course! Don't worry I was planning on leaving two guards around this area anyways. We'll look after your wares until you can get some new horses." Ser Vilem offers. "I guess that would do, alright I'll accompany you find folks." Strom says in relief.

"Well, I guess we should get back to the village wouldn't you say?" Will says to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-28, 09:51 AM
"I believe we should. Slaying all these Chasnid's has really stired up my hunger."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-28, 03:29 PM
DM: Adare, Will, Strom and Ser Vilem make their way to the village hall. Once you enter you see a large room fill with people. On one side there are tables and beds pulled out for the injured. You also notice that the people on the right are all running fevers and feeling ill. Among the group is Wanda, Edlyn, Olek and Dielza. While entering a room Sheriff Milo is giving orders to the healthy soldier and townsfolk. He is getting them to gather the bodies and burn them. Also despite what you were told many of the visitors to the village have packed up and formed a group to leave together. During all of this an Elderly women with a walking staff comes up to your group. "Ser Vilem, I need to speak with you." The women says. "Very, well Stoyanka." Replies Ser Vilem. The two walk away to a room in the back. Strom also leaves and begins questioning the villagers about where he could buy a horse.

Adare and Will are left standing there amongst the villagers.

wentz22
2013-03-28, 05:32 PM
Adare keeps his eyes on where Vilem and the older lady walked away too. "You should check on your aunt will, I'm going to see if I can help in any way." Adare begins walking away in Vilems direction.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-28, 06:54 PM
Will: Will goes over to his Aunt. "How do you feel?" Will asks. "Not the best, but Stoyanka is doing her best and I know we'll all be fine." Edlyn responds. "Does she know what the poison is yet?" Will asks his Aunt. "I'm not sure, she's been giving us medicine that she think will help though."

DM: Adare goes outside and he overhears Vilem say "I'm getting my soldiers." As he quickly walks away from Stoyanka. Stoyanka sighs and turns to Adare and says "Ah, from the frostbacks are we?"

wentz22
2013-03-28, 06:57 PM
"Your quick to pick up on that trait, I generally blend in a lot better. Why the gathering of the soldiers?"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 03:23 PM
"Let's just say even the bravest men turn to little boys when confronted with the unknown." She responds. "I see your hurt, let me take a look at your wound please." She says to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 03:27 PM
"That would be greatly appreciated." Adare takes a seat on a near by rock. "Have you any idea what this yellowing of the skin may be caused from?"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 03:32 PM
"Yes I do and you're quite lucky to not have been infected." She says to Adare." Now close your eyes."

Will: "I'm going to go talk to Stoyanka myself." Will says to his Aunt. Will walks outside and sees Adare sitting on a rock talking to Stoyanka.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 03:38 PM
"I'd like to talk about it more in private, but I see we have company approaching." Adare whispers to Stoyanaka as Will approaches. "You should know that I won't be closing my eyes for anything." Adare chuckles.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 03:52 PM
"Ah, hello Will." Stoyanka turns and says to Will. "So is everyone going to be okay?" Will asks Stoyanka.

"It depends." She responds.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 03:56 PM
"Depends on how quickly she patches me up like promised so she can get back inside." Adare jokes. "Will once everything settles down tonight will go somewhere and I'll answer all the questions that i have been putting off."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 04:07 PM
"I suppose I did promise I'd fix you up. Very well, but Will please come over and sit next to Adare. I'll try to fix up both your wounds." Stoyanka says.

"Alright." Will says as he sits next to Adare. While Stoyanka stands behind Will and Adare she mumbles some words and then all of a sudden there is a bright flash.

"Magic!" Will says.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 04:12 PM
"You seem a bit shocked Will," Adare Connie's to stare forward into the light. "I haven't felt magic this strong in months."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 04:16 PM
The light fades.

"Stoyanka, what are you doing? What if someone saw you?" Will says concernly.

"Please, I'm an old women. If the Templars are going to come get me, I've lived a long life I'll take the risk ha ha." Stoyanka laughs.

DM:

will and Adare are now at full health

Just as Stoyanka finishes healing Will and Adare. Vilem and 9 soldiers begin walking toward the main hall.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 04:23 PM
"Vilem, the way you've taken your men away from there posts it would almost seems as if your planning on going on the attack?" Adare stood from the rock while waiting for a response stretching and examining his newly healed wounds.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 04:27 PM
"I don't have time for this." Vilem says as he continues marching towards the hall.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 04:36 PM
"Maybe you should make time! How many more of the townsfolk would be dead on your watch if Will and I were not here to fight them off." The express on adares face quickly turned sour and he attempted to confront Vilem.

com test
3d6 [3] [1] [2] +com(2) = 8

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 05:34 PM
"I respect what you did for the town, but I'm still trying to save lives. I don't have time to talk here." Vilem replies.

Vilem and his soldiers enter the main hall.

"Excuse me, I must go to the main hall myself." Stoyanka says as she begins to walk towards the main hall.

"Well what should we do now Adare?" Will asks.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 05:37 PM
"There's something about this that I don't like. Lets get inside but stay out if sight and listen to what's going on." Adare shakes his head as he begin to walk inside. "This just doesn't seem right Will."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 05:58 PM
DM: Adare and Will walk inside the main hall to people shouting and yelling at each other.

"We don't have a choice!" one villager shouts. Another says "We can't, it isn't right!"

During the commotion Sheriff Milo stands on top of one of the tables and whistles. Everyone looks at Sheriff Milo. "A'hem, hem. What Ser Vilem is purposing is reasonable, but it isn't us! We won't sacrifice our friends, our brothers and our daughters when there is a chance they will survive." Milo looks over at Wanda who has tears in her eyes and you can tell is quite frightened. "Stoyanka already knows of a cure. Please explain Stoyanka." Milo says as he looks at Stoyanka.

"I know many of you were concerned about what type of poison this is. We wonder what we were infected with, but I know what it is. It's not exactly a poison, its more of an infection. It's a magical and ancient disease known as the Amber Rage. I've read it in old historic medical books. It turns peoples skin yellow, expands their veins and arteries giving them huge muscles and finally it turns them into blood thirsty monsters bent on killing. Don't fret though there is a cure!" Stoyanka explains to the group.

"Nonsense, witch." Ser Vilem interrupts, but allows her to continue.

"I assure you it isn't nonsense and the cure will work. I have the necessary ingredients already, I just need Shadowmoss from the korkari wilds." Stoyanka says to the villagers.

"But that's a day travels away and my soldier informed me one of the villagers already turned during this time and killed one of my men. We don't have time for this we must kill them all. I know its harsh, but would you rather prolong life to end up hurting someone you love? Its the only way! Besides we don't know if Shadowmoss even exists anymore." Ser Vilem responds.

"That's right!" Bogdan the Blacksmith replies.

"Don't worry I've created some potions that should delay the transformation for a few days, but its only a temporary fix until I get the shadow moss." Stoyanka explains.

"We can't risk it!" one villager responds. Shouts and arguments once again pick up.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 06:14 PM
"Will, do you trust me?"

cunning test to see if Adare knows another secret to the disease.

3d6 [5] [6] [3] +cun(1) = 15

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 06:16 PM
"What?" Will replies.

Adare doesn't know any additional secrets to the disease.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 06:22 PM
"I'm going after the shadowmoss." Adare says to Will as he begins to work his way through the crowd towards Milo.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 06:25 PM
"Count me in! We just have to make sure the villagers don't kill each other first!" Will responds with a grin as he follows Adare.

The crowd continues to bicker.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 06:32 PM
Adare pulls himself up onto the table next to milo and gives him a mob before turning and attempting to silence all the chatter between the villagers.

"Everyone listen up."

comunication check
3d6 [6] [2] [2] +com(2) = 12

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 06:36 PM
The crowd stops bickering and turns towards Adare. Will beside Adare from the ground.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 06:46 PM
"I haven't been in this town for more than a day." Adare begins "But right now your all acting like a buch of frostback children. You don't kill your own kin." Adare looks around the room making sure he has everyone's attention before continue. "Little villages like this survive by working as a group, and voting as a group. So I leave you all to vote. Kill the infected, but remember that's someone's brother, sister, mother or father. Or agree to let some passer by attempt to retrieve the medicine you need. If I fail then its no loss to the village." Adare takes a deep breath as he waits for the reaction

communication test

3d6 [2] [6] [2] +com(2) = 12

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 06:59 PM
"Well spoken." Ser Vilem says to Adare. "But still words won't change what's to come. Sure we send this man to the Korkari wilds, probably to his death I might add, but what happens when villagers start turning into these monsters in the mean time. Sure we could wait for a cure that might exist, IF this man survives and makes it back in time, but by then it would be too late and you might be the next to die!" He points to an uninfected villager. "Or you, or YOU!" He continues pointing even at the children. "I love this village as much as the next man. You've all treated me so well and I will do what we must to protect it!"

The villagers respond to his words.

After both villagers there seems to still be two evenly split sides on the issue.

"Come on now!" Will yells to the crowd as he stands up on the table. "Think about this for a moment. If we kill our friends and our families how could we even live with ourselves? Do you really think the village will go back to normal? If you vote to kill your friends son, daughter, brother, husband, wife? You won't be able to look at anyone anymore. I say we put it to a vote right now, but I urge you to think about the future of the village as well." Will says to the crowd.

Persuasion
(1)(1)(5) + 1 = 8

The villagers for the most part ignored Will
s speech, but they did agree to put it to a vote.

"All in favor of finding a cure?" Milo says to the group put your hand up.

Both, Sheriff Milo and Ser Vilem go around the room counting how many people per side. It looks to be about a 50/50 split.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 07:10 PM
"Shut up!" Adare bellows. The herb is a days Tavel for a mid sized caravan. Iv been traveling for months. Take the injured strap them down to beds and lock then in cells, care for them that way. If I'm not back by high noon tomorrow then you can all vote again to let Vilem decide how to continue."

per test
3d6 [6] [2] [4]+cun(2) = 14

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 07:28 PM
"Noon tomorrow?" laughs Ser Vilem. "It will take at least 2 days travel, not to mention having to look for the shadowmoss, if it exists." Ser Vilem beckons.

Will interrupts "Okay, so do as Adare said, but give us 3 days! That's all we ask. If we aren't back by noon in 3 days you can do as you wish!" Will pleads.

"3 days is all you have." Stoyanka states. "Any longer than that and I can't promise they won't turn."

"Alright, fine. It looks like over half of the villagers agree with you anyways. In the mean time any non-infected villagers are welcome to stay at the Fort." Ser Vilem says to the crowd.

"Okay, Will and Adare its up to you. Its been a long day and you'll need supplies. Get some rest and in the morning we'll have everything you need." Milo says.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 07:31 PM
"Let's go Will." Adare jumps down from the table. "We leave at sun up."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 07:36 PM
"Alright, lets do this!" Will says to Adare.

DM: The villagers despite how they voted wish Adare and Will luck as they leave the room.

Will decided to head back to his aunts house, despite it feeling empty and the day he faced he was able to go to sleep quicker than he thought.

wentz22
2013-03-29, 07:40 PM
Adare promptly returned to his room at the inn where he spent the majority of the night staring off into the night sky, listening to the wolves howl every so slightly. "Jeska I'm sorry, this feels to much like what we went through with dad. I need to make sure this town is safe." Eventually Adare drifts into a deep sleep.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-29, 10:26 PM
DM: Morning greets you with a hard rain. The rising sun is just a dim haze of the village, barely illuminating the chaos left from last night. Stalls are destroyed, tables overturned, and the ground is littered with trash. Village dogs and birds pick through the refuse of discarded food.

When Adare leaves the inn he noticed Old Stoyanka sitting by a small fire in an open field facing the rising sun and chants in an unfamiliar tongue. She tosses a handful of something into the fire and it explodes into a blue fireball. With a slight smile, Stoyanka grips her walking stick and pulls herself to her feet. Moments later a raven caws and flies directly on her shoulder.

Will: Will packs his backpack with what he'll need. Rations, clothes, a lantern, rope and other various things. He finishes up his food and heads out the door towards the inn Adare is staying at. "You'll be okay." Will says to himself as he continues down the road with the inn just in sight.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 02:53 PM
"It would seem you also like to rise with the sun." Adare makes his way over to Stoyanka while jestering towards the crisp morning air. "So what does this plant look like exactly, if im going to risk my neck for it I should probably know what im looking for."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 03:13 PM
Stoyanka looks at you with one eye open and the other barely a squint. She offers you two small bags and a large sack. One of the small bags seems to be moving. The other has a vile stench to it. The large sack appears to be empty.

"Follow this raven to the grotto." She says. "This bag-" She holds up the moving one. "-Contains its food. Make your camp where the raven takes you. It will leads you to where you need to go, but not lead you back." She then holds up the foul smelling bag. "Once you arrive at the camp site, dump this mixture into boiling water. This will attract the firespirits and they will lead you to the shadowmoss."

She then holds up the large sack. "Fill this completely with shadowmoss and I mean completely... If it isn't full the cure may not work." She then goes to hand Adare all 3 bags.

Will: While Will continues on his way he sees Adare leave the Inn and walk towards the sun rise. As he approaches he see him and Stoyanka talking to each other. She appears to have a raven on her shoulder and is holding up 3 different bags. Will hears the end of the conversation about the firespirits leading to the shadow moss. "Good morning." Will says to both Adare and Stoyanka.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 03:40 PM
Adare reaches put and takes the larger sac and one of the small bags leaving will with the one with the foul Oder. "Good morning Will, we best be on our way to meet Milo and stock out supplie. We have a large portion of travel to cover today."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 03:54 PM
Will reaches out with a disgusted look on his face and grabs the other bag.

"No need I'm already here!" Sheriff Milo approaches from behind Adare and Will. "Myself and other villagers brought you horses and some other supplies for the journey." Milo says pleased with himself.

DM: Adare and Will get
-Flask of Water
-Bottle of Wine
-10 sandwiches
-A rough map of the region
-Lantern powered by a glowstone.

"Ah, that lantern was provided by a Dwarf named Strom. He said you helped him out and he wanted me to tell you that." Milo says.

"Thank you very much." Will says and bows to Milo and Stoyanka. "So what's in your bag, Adare?" Will asks Adare,

wentz22
2013-03-30, 04:02 PM
"Food for the raven" he replys as he works at packing his supplies away.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 04:16 PM
"Ah." Will replies.

"Oh, and before you go I've made you two healing potions each. Just in case you get hurt." Stoyanka hands Will and Adare two potions each.

Healing potion restores 2d6 health + Con

"Good luck on your journey." She rasps, banging her walking stick on the ground. The Raven caws and takes off in flight. "Remember, follow the raven! And don't forget to feed him every couple of hours!" She says as she points towards it. The raven flies in a circle waiting for Adare and Will to follow.

"Please save my daughter..." Milo says to Will and Adare. "Now get on your horses and get going!" Milo says.

Will finishes packing and jumps on his horse.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 04:19 PM
"Will be back soon." Adare mounts his bourse and begins to ride off in the direction of the raven.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 04:25 PM
DM: Adare and Will ride off away from Sothmere. The rain has not let up, but that does not stop them. They continue to follow the raven for a few hours, feeding him several times on the way.

"So, Adare... Do you think we'll find the shadowmoss?" Will asks Adare with great concern.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 04:30 PM
"We don't have a choice. Irefuse to have to bare witness to another town having to slaughter it's own." Adare reaches into his belt and pulls his canteen out to take a swig as they continue on there way.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 04:34 PM
"I agree... I just hope that we don't come back empty handed and that's what will happen anyways. But still, that's not going to stop me from trying." Will says with determination.

DM: As Will and Adare ride they noticed the Sudrand River in the distance. However the road now is a steep bank and is littered with rocks and muck. It won't be easy to climb down.

Will stops his horse. "Damn it! This isn't good."

wentz22
2013-03-30, 05:32 PM
"Come on." Adare jumps off his horse and begins to lead his horse up the trail. "I refuse to let something as simple as a rocky road slow us."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 05:39 PM
Will does the same and begins carefully leading his horse down the hill.

Adare and Will must make a climbing check.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 05:47 PM
Adare continues the trek up the hill, step by step.

climbing test

3d6 [1] [2] [4]. + str(4) +focus(2) = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 05:54 PM
Will goes step by stop trying to not slip.

(3)(4)(5)+2 str = 14 Climb

DM: Both Will and Adare make it to the bottom of the hill without falling.

100XP rewarded to each.

"Good work." Will says to the horse as the pats it.

DM: Will and Adare now can see the Hamlet of Witchford. You expect to see the hamlet bustling with hunters and trappers from the edge of the Korkari wilds that use the hamlets ferry to cross the river back and forth. Today however, there doesn't seem to be any activity beyond the rain splashing down in puddles and ravens circling through the city to pluck at corpses.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 06:16 PM
"This doesn't look right Will, there's no sign of life. I'm going to ride ahead a moment and see if I can spot anything." Adare travels up the road a ways until he finds a clearing off the road to get a better view of the town.

per test
3d6 [1] [6] [6] +per(3) = 16

shaken_bacon
2013-03-30, 06:31 PM
DM: When Adare looks at the town he first notices that the raft that ferries people across to the Korkari wilds has been cut loose. He notices a lot of broken windows and several bodies being picked clean and circled by ravens. He also notices that the Ravens circling the town are not your normal ravens they are blood ravens.

OOC: Blood Ravens are ravens that attack almost any creatures and are very territorial.

Will: Will eats one of sandwiches while waiting for Adare to come back with his scouting report of the hamlet.

wentz22
2013-03-30, 07:25 PM
"Will." Adare rides back to the road and pulls out his map to show Will.
"The towns over run with blood ravens, and to make it worse the ferry has been cut loose and is no where to be seen." Adare runs his finger down the river. "Here." He point to a spot only a few hundred yards downstream from town. "That's our best chance to cross, it's either shallow enough we can get the horses threw it, or we can cut some trees and make a make shift bridge acrossed. Thoughts?"

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 02:22 PM
"Let's do check it out." Will responds.

DM: Will and Adare ride up to the spot Adare picked out. It does appear to be one of the shortest routes across the river at just over 50 yards, but the current is very strong. Walking a horse across could be treacherous, especially without knowing the high and low points in the river.

"Looks like it is way too long to make a bridge with a tree... Plan B?" Will responds to Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 02:33 PM
"I'm all for the risk of crossing, that town is to dangerous without engaging in a fight with the blood ravens." Adare takes a knee next to the brook. "We need to decide quickly if we want to stay ahead of schedule."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 03:27 PM
"Well we already know that the ferry has been cut so I don't see any purpose of going into town. We need to cross, but I'm not sure how... I have some rope that perhaps we could use some how. I don't think its long enough though." Will pulls out two rope of 20 yards each.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 03:39 PM
If you dont have anything else im going to attempt to cross." Adare jumps off his horse and begins to lead it as he takes his first step into the river

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 03:45 PM
"Wait." Will says. "I have an idea although not much of one... Why don't I cross first and bring the rope with me. If I make it safely across I can throw the rope to you start to cross. Doesn't look like the first few yards of the river at either side should present much of a problem." Will says.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:00 PM
Alright, Goodluck."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think i'v finally lost that bloody templar." A young man mutters to himself from the Tree tops of a lush green forest. "I best keep moving, I have alot of ground to cover." The young man begins to dart from limb to limb and soon vanishs from sight. The only thing that can be seen is the glisten of something gold hanging from pants pocket.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:13 PM
"Alright. Here I go." Will says as he attempts to cross the river with his horse. While Will is trying to cross the currents hit the horse hard.

DM: Make a riding check
Dex Riding Test:
(6)(4)(1)+1 = 12

DM: Will falls off the horse and crashes down into the river.

"Damn it!" Will says as he falls into the river.

DM: Roll two d6 for damage.

(1)(3) = 4 damage
Will's Health = 33/37

Will's horse continues to cross the river. Will attempts to swim to the other side of the river, but the currents are strong.

To be continued. :P

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:18 PM
"Damn it" Adare jumps on his horse and also attempts to cross the river in hopes of being able to reach Will

Dex riding Test
3d6 [2] [3] [1] = 6

The current picks up and knocks Adare off his horse also

Dmg from fall
2D6 [4] [3] = 7

Adare lands hard in the water. "Hurry up and get swiming."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:24 PM
DM: Character status:

Will: 33/37
Adare: 28/35

DM: Both Adare and Will must make a swim check. (Con.)

Will attempts to fight off the current and swim to the other side.

(1)(3)(3) + 3 Con = 10

Will tries to swim and ends up crashing into the rocks.

DM: Will takes 1D6 damage

(4)

Will's health: 29/37

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:26 PM
Adare continues to swim

Swiming Test

3D6 [3] [3] [6] = 12

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:31 PM
DM: Adare crashes into the rocks as well taking 1d6 damage.

Will attempts to continue swimming across:

(1)(2)(1) + 3 = Who the F cares!
Damage = 2

Health = 27/37

Will gets sucked under taking in water. Will coughs and attempts to continue on his way.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:34 PM
Dmg
1D6 [4] Really!

"I will not quit."

Swim
3D6 [6] [1] [4] = 11

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:39 PM
DM: Character status

Will: 27/37
24/35

DM: Adare crashes into some more rocks. (1D6 damage.)

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:39 PM
1D6 [1] Finally

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:43 PM
DM: Adare and Will struggle in the river and still haven't even made it near half way.

Will: 27/37
Adare 23/35

Will attempts to turn and swim out of the river.

Swim: (5)(1)(4)+3Con =13

Will manages to pull himself out of the river. *cough*cough* Will looks up and notice Adare is not standing there... He quickly realizes where he is.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:46 PM
Adare keeps his focus on the opposite shore

3D6
[6] [2] [5] = 13

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:49 PM
DM: Adare manages to get closer to the opposite shore.

"Damn it!" Will yells. "He's going to get himself killed!" Will in a panic grabs out his ropes and ties them together.

DM: The horses are both on the opposite side of the water waiting for their masters.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:51 PM
The shore seems to be getting closer

3D6 [5] [3] [2] 10

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:52 PM
DM: OOC: Messed up damage forgot about Armor rating.

Character Status:

Will: 37/37
Adare: 32/35

DM: Adare crashes into some more rocks. (1D6)

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:55 PM
Will ties the rope around himself and jumps back in the water. He begins to swim and currents already take him.

Swim check:
(5)(5)(5) + 3 = 18

WOOTY

Will determined makes it over half way he can already see the opposing shore is near.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 04:56 PM
Adare hits the rocks hard
1D6
[5]

But continues to swim forward

3D6
[5] [4] [1]

Dmg 1D6
[1]

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 04:59 PM
Character Status:

Will: 37/37
Adare: 31/35

Adare struggles to go anywhere and gets pulled under the water and breaths in some water.

Will continues trying to swim across.

Swim: (5)(1)(4) + 3 = 13

Will keeps going, but he gets caught up in heavy current and feels like he is barely moving forward.

"I'll save you Adare!" Will thinks to himself.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:02 PM
"Im going to make it...I can't die here, i need to save jeska

3D6
[6] [2] [6] =14

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:03 PM
DM: Adare manages to just avoid some rocks and he makes forward progress across the river. He is just about half way across.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:16 PM
Will continues to swim.

(6)(4)(4) + 3 = 17

Yeah!

Will avoids some rocks and keeps swimming. Will manages to pull himself out of the river. He looks around for something to tie the rope to.

Perception Check
(3)(1)(4)+2

Will sees a tree a few feet from him that should be sturdy enough to hold a mans weight.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:18 PM
Adare continues to swim as he see's Will make his way out of the river.

3D6
[6] [6] [5] = 17

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:19 PM
Adare manages to hit a spot where the current isn't as strong. He swims out of the river.

Party earns 100XP each.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:21 PM
Adare shurgs a bit as the water still drips down his head. "Lets grab a bite while we ride and make up some time."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:24 PM
"Wow, for a second I thought we were in trouble." laughed Will.

Will gets out a soggy sandwich and gets on his horse. "Good boy, thanks for waiting." Will says to the horse.

This counts as a short rest. Adare recovers to his full health

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:28 PM
Adare looks around taking in his surounds as the continue on there way. "Any idea how far out we are?"

Perce[tion
3D6 [3] [3] [1] +Per(3) = 10

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:33 PM
DM: Adare sees that now they are past the river they are in a pretty barren and hilly area. There are still trees throughout however. They are on a road that looks like it has seen lots of use. (Probably by hunters.)

Will checks the soaked map.

Cunning (5)(3)(3) + 1

Will can tell its about a 3 hour ride.

"I'd say about a 3 hour ride to the wilds, I'd say. Let's hope this road is a little smoother." Will says to Adare as he takes a bite of his soggy sandwich... "MY compliments to the chef." Will says sarcastically as he takes another bite.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:42 PM
"For the time i think we should ride a little faster while the conditions are favorable." Adare reaches into the sack of crow food and holds out his hand to feed the feble black bird.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:45 PM
DM: The bird eats a few beetles from Adare's hand.

"I want to get there as fast as possible, but I don't recommend pushing the horses after what they just went through. That steep hill and then the dangerous river. Last thing we need is a horse to collapse on us." Will reasons with Adare.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 05:50 PM
"I guess sometimes your reasonnig is right." Adare turns his head away for a moment before turning back to Will. "I suppose a good story is in order for the ride, and i believe i owe you one."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 05:52 PM
"Sounds good!" Will replies.

DM: Will and Adare set off towards the Wilds.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:11 PM
"14 years ago."

I was just a lad, barely strong enough to pick up a blade. My family was barely held together. My father worked. He was the general of our small village, Everyone either feared him or respected him. My sister and I basicly took care of our selfs and were ok with that but then, late one night everything went wrong...

Adare griped the reins of the horse tightly as the animal reared up in a disagreement. Obviously frustrated he continued.

My father came home one knight drunk out of his mind, and what he brought behind him...An elven women, a bloody knife ear that he had found while out on patrol. Even at 10 i knew better, Knife Ears are bad enough being alive, but to bring one into your home, was against everything we stood for in the Frostbacks. I remember the taste of the stew from supper began to work its way up my thoart, I ran out of the house in digust and anger and reported my father for what he had done.

Adare reached behind him grasping for his canteen as he tiped it backwards almost chuging it dry.

It wasn't long, later that night actually when the guards showed up with the govenuer of the town demanding to speak with my father, well not to speek with him actually, it was to summon him. He had been striped of his rank and sentenced to be beheaded. But they were not done there, they draged the elven women into the streets and slit her throat. Then they turned to us, demanding we be placed into custody of another family but i lost it, i couldnt take the thought of living in a place where my last name would carry so much tarnish so i ran, i took my sister and ran. We traveled for days on out own, almost meeting death multiple times, but soon we found ourselfs on the outskirts of Orzammer. We were cold and we layed eyes on what looked like an abandoned home, we broke in but were caught by a dwarf named Balthor. I thought we were dead for sure, but he took us in cared for us and raised us. The city took some time, but they accepted us as well, under the conditions that we were always to be either working guard duty or with Balthor. When i turned 22 Balthor trained me to hone my combat skills and in return i asked him permission to carry his name. A name i was happy to bring honnor to, Adare Ar Balthor.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 06:17 PM
"Wow, that's a little different than how we do things in Fereldan... While it is certainly uncommon for a human to 'be' with an elf, it is in no way a crime. Well on the surface at least... I doubt such an arrangement could last due to social pressures. But anyways, enough about elves. What happened to your sister?" Will probes.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:23 PM
"She's gone, I was out on a patrol and came home to Balthors house in shambles. Balthor was injured but in no way in mortal danger, but Jeska was gone, taken by the group. That was almost 4 years ago. And this is all i have to go on.

Adare reaches under the gautlet covering his left hand and reveals a piece of Purple and silver silk of the utmost quality.

"Balthor managed to rip this piece of fabric from the mans cape before he took of, But i have yet to find any leads as to who it may be conected to.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 06:32 PM
"Strange... Perhaps we should see an Arl of one of the larger towns. If it is related to nobility at all they may be able to help. After we save Sothmere of course!" Will says to Adare.

"Oh, and on the ride back home after we collect the Shadowmoss, I'll share a story with you as well."

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:35 PM
"After we cross the river, if we're lucky the raft is on the other side of the towns port and we can ride it back and the rush out of town."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 06:37 PM
"I don't even want to think about that river right now." Laughs Will as they continue to ride to the wilds.

DM: You've been riding for about 3 hours now and you can tell sunset is just a couple hours away. You see a hilly range ahead that separates you from the forest. You also see a wagon and a cooking fire where a large man is roasting meat. You also see that he has two large dogs with him. What do you do?

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:41 PM
"What do you think Will, should we avoid him and pres on. I'd like to think at this pass we can retrieve the moss and start our treck back before setting up camp for the night. Unless you want to rise threw the night " Adare chuckles

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 06:47 PM
"There is a village a short distance from here according to the map. It is on this road, I'm worried that if we attempt to avoid him we'll take too much time. I think we should keep..." Will is interrupted as the dogs with the man start barking. The man looks in the direction of Adare and Will. He waves them over.

"Well, I think sneaking is out of the question." Will says as he throws up his shoulders.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:50 PM
"It would seem that way.." Adare keeps his focus on the man as they approach. "Lets be smart here and try not to stay stationary for longer than needed."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 06:54 PM
As Adare and Will approach the man the dogs continue to bark.

"Bog! Ipa! Be quiet!" The man says. "Welcome to my fire! I am happy to see some friendly faces once more!" Now that you get closer you see that he is quite a large man over 6 feet tall. He has a full brown beard and also long hair. You see that he has a lot of supplies with them and is wearing a thin hide clothing.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 06:58 PM
"Once more? Are we not the only faces traveling down this road tonight?" Adare questions as he stops his horse on the other side of the fire.

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 07:07 PM
"Well perhaps today, but any face that isn't Chasind seems friendly to me." The man laughs.

"The rain has just stopped, why not join me for a meal? My treat!" The man says as he looks towards his fire cooking a large animal.

Will looks at Adare and says "Well, I suppose it has stopped raining for now... May be a good time for a short break."

wentz22
2013-03-31, 07:11 PM
"No offense sir, I'd love to take you up on the meal, but were on a tight deadline and must push on. If we make it this far before settin up camp on the way back I'll happily take you up on a meal, I'll even supply the Wine."

shaken_bacon
2013-03-31, 07:21 PM
"Come now Adare, we just made it to the Wilds, there is no way we'll make it back before nightfall. Still, perhaps we should press on. Thank you sir for your offer, but we must refuse." Will says.

wentz22
2013-03-31, 07:24 PM
"I can't sit here and enjoy a well cooked meal, while the dozens of townsfolk wait infected with the amber fever. So unless our new friend has a sac of shadow moss stashed away we need to press on"