PDA

View Full Version : [WFRP] The Bloody Crown II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

-Sentinel-
2014-04-13, 10:28 PM
Elsabeth Holt

Like Adelbert, Elsa took some notes on what she saw, not so much out of intellectual curiosity as to make a show to her guards that she was here for a reason. What reason besides her friends' company, she herself did not know, but she would not have the two soldiers whisper that the trip had been a waste of time for all involved. She gave the eye-shaped pendant to Adelbert on the off-chance that he could learn more about it later.

She was keenly aware of how little time she had before the festival if she wanted to map out the Winds north of Mirino. She warned her friends: "Tomorrow I'll take a look inside with you, but if I sense nothing worth investigating in the Aethyr, I'll be on my way by midday."

OOC:
Even if that means I'll be put on hold while the others have exciting archaeological adventures fighting Nazis or something like that.

LeSwordfish
2014-04-14, 04:56 AM
"Is there anything in the Aethyr outside?" Ludo asked, turning one of the arrowheads over in his hands pensively. "Does it tell us anything, well, useful?"

Northern Lad
2014-04-14, 08:00 AM
Viggo Hirtzel

Viggo had struggled to contain his mirth when Rockface took a swim, but the expression on Sieghard's face made him choke back on his mirth. He's not angry.. he's shaken. Viggo was surprised how much seeing the tough mercenary shaken up unnerved him.

The ruins were oppressive and yet Viggo found himself awed by their sheer scale. He'd been looking up rather than watching where he was putting his feet when he stood on the broken pottery shard. He blushed scarlet at Ludo's admonishment and waved a hand in the Halfling's direction that he hoped would be taken as a sign that he meant to proceed with more caution.

"Who would build a place like this in the middle of a swamp?" He asked incredulously to nobody in particular.

Pointing at one of the winged sun carvings he asked Adelbert. "Here now! That sun with the wings on might be just what we're looking for eh? Those Blazing Sun's we were talking about at Caerfort are Myrmidia's after all? Suns? Wings?" He rocked his hand back and forth as if he were questioning the chances himself.

"So we're going to camp here tonight are we?" He didn't sound overly enthusiastic about the prospect. "Amongst all these bones and ghosts?" He very pointedly did not look towards the gloomy doorway.

RossN
2014-04-14, 08:19 AM
Adelbert Schreiber

"I told you these ruins pre-date Myrmidiaism." Adelbert reminded Viggo. His expression softed as he looked at the carvings again. "Though I do think they represent the divine... to what god I cannot say, save only that this place is far too ordered to have been dedicated to one of the Ruinous Powers."

Reverently he ran his fingertips along the edges of the raised sun, then drew back reluctantly. He looked down thoughtfully at the eye pendant Elsa had given him.

"Yes, let us set up camp. It is getting dark."

-Sentinel-
2014-04-14, 08:50 AM
Elsabeth/Beatrix

"Is there anything in the Aethyr outside? Does it tell us anything, well, useful?"

"Nothing we can't already guess from the bones and weapons," answered Elsa. "I'm surprised with how strong the Wind of Death still is, after all this time..."

"I told you these ruins pre-date Myrmidiaism." Adelbert reminded Viggo.

As if Barbaro will care, thought Elsa.

Northern Lad
2014-04-14, 09:21 AM
Viggo Hirtzel

At the mention of the Dark Powers Viggo quickly crossed his fingers and spat over his left shoulder. As it seemed to him, this place was the last one you should go about inviting bad luck upon oneself.

"Whichever God it was they obviously didn't care enough about this place to save it though?" Viggo pulled at an earlobe, deep in thought, "I wonder what it was called? Adelbert, didn't you say the old codger in the castle back at Caerfort had a name for these ruins?"

Sleeping in this place seemed like a terrible idea to Viggo, but not quite as bad an idea as trying to escape the swamp in the middle of the night was.

OOC

Fear Not! I have checked! :smallsmile: Here's what Orderic had to say...

"Le château du marais," he muttered, as if to himself. <M'sieur, do not go there. That place has an evil reputation. It lay in ruins before the tower here was ever built> He pointed out towards the Mere. <The marsh around the ruins is treacherous, full of quicksand. The swamp-skimmers who go near say the water is full of the bones of men and orcs.>

RossN
2014-04-14, 09:39 AM
Adelbert Schreiber

"Somehow I'm thinking the locals called it differently." Adelbert said, smile rueful. "In fact I'm not sure the ruins stood in the marsh in their day. Look at this place; this is a fair sized town not the sort of place uyou'd set up in a swamp. I'm guessing there was an earthquake long ago and this area was flooded. In fact Orderic showed me a chariot wheel the locals found in the Mere and said the skimmers find them from time to time."

He glanced backed at the winged sun. "As for their gods, well who can say?"

LCP
2014-04-14, 10:54 AM
The (spooky) story continues in Thread III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342019-WFRP-The-Bloody-Crown-III).

LibraryOgre
2014-05-20, 10:29 AM
The Mod Wonder: Closed for Length. Restart if you haven't already. I suggest copy/pasting this threads location for reference.