PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Tomb of the swirling fog II (IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

sepomon
2013-10-16, 02:11 AM
Falcone, you have shown yourself as a mighty and fearless warrior. For an award I let you open that door.

Halfshoe hands the key over to Falcone.

docHigh
2013-10-16, 02:26 AM
Falcone takes the golden skeleton key and inserts it into the hole in the door. Another jolt of electricity surges out through the dragonborn.
You take [roll0] lightning damage.
Passive insight: 23.
Falcone thinks a little and then deducts with her reasoning, that either its raining on the other side of the door with frequent thunder and lightning, or the door actually is of magical nature and would require something more than just opening with a key.

sepomon
2013-10-16, 07:48 AM
Doctor is puzzled with the doors and the keyhole. She walks around and tries to figure out the situation and how to proceed.

She mumbles to herself: Oh spirits that you have guided me so far and even have helped me with recent problems with peeing standing up, can you also hint me how can we proceed through this complex situation.

Int check: [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:02 AM
The spirits remain quiet for some time, but then someone whispers..
To Doctor:
"..there the throne that's key and keyed"
You remember that this is part of the writings on the entrance hall.

leafblower
2013-10-16, 08:12 AM
Asok puts on the crown, takes hold on the skepter and touches the keyhole with the silver end of the staff

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:18 AM
The silver knob inserts into the door and starts resonating, flying with a force out. Asok, hit by the force shimmers and then *puff* disappears. The crown and the scepter fall down on stairs where the shardmind used to be.

leafblower
2013-10-16, 08:22 AM
save staff [roll0]
Cloak [roll1]
Robe [roll2]
Sandals [roll3]
Hoversack [roll4]

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:27 AM
To Asok:
The tomb pulls you away from the door ripping you from one place to another. You feel the tomb's hunger for magic as it tries to devour your equipment. All of the residum, clothes and other mundane items simply vanish from your holdings. You cling on to the items dearest to you, the ones you've bonded more strongly. Though you try, the will of the tomb prevails on the staff and you loose it.

You tumble out of the Devil's mouth in the entrance hallway. For now, you seem to be safe. Or as safe as you can be, separate from the group.

leafblower
2013-10-16, 08:30 AM
For spellbook [roll0]

sepomon
2013-10-16, 08:33 AM
What just happened?

Insight for doc [roll0]
and for Halfshoe [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:35 AM
To Halfshoe and Doctor:
The shardmind has several times teleported itself and the effect was similar. Though this time, he didn't appear again. And usually he teleports with all of the items (now the crown and scepter are on the ground).

leafblower
2013-10-16, 08:38 AM
Asok curses long and hard, taking 20 on that matter. Then he thinks a litle, shouts panzai and steps intoo the mouth of the death devil.

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:43 AM
To Asok:
Standing close to the Devil, it is hard to make out the figures as it is pitch-black. Still Asok finds the mouth and dives in. Inside - there is only despair and misery, thoughts of pain, that quickly turn physical. And the pain just keeps growing.

Attack vs Fort [roll0]
Hit [roll1] damage, and the target is stunned (save ends).
Miss: [roll2] damage.

Effect: A creature starts its turn within the mouth, takes 10 damage.
Countermeasures: A creature can leave the mouth by making a DC 23 Endurance check (standard action).

sepomon
2013-10-16, 08:48 AM
I believe Asok has teleported through this door, everybody, follow me. Let's see where he went.

Doctor puts on the crown and iserts specter with silver end to the keyhole.

docHigh
2013-10-16, 08:54 AM
The silver knob inserts into the door again and starts resonating, flying with a force out. Doctor, hit by the force shimmers and then *puff* disappears. The crown and the scepter fall down on stairs where the deva used to be.

To Doctor:
The tomb pulls you away from the door ripping you from one place to another. You feel the tomb's hunger for magic as it tries to devour your equipment. All of the residum, clothes and other mundane items simply vanish from your holdings. You cling on to the items dearest to you, the ones you've bonded more strongly. The Feyleaf Sandals, Floating lantern and the Viper belt disappear as the bond to them is not strong enough.

You tumble out of the Devil's mouth in the entrance hallway. For now, you seem to be safe. Or as safe as you can be, separate from the group in pitch-dark.

sepomon
2013-10-16, 08:56 AM
totem [roll0]
armor [roll1]
sandals [roll2]
goggles [roll3]
amulet [roll4]
belt [roll5]

leafblower
2013-10-16, 08:59 AM
asok saves [roll0]
Endurance [roll1]

leafblower
2013-10-16, 09:02 AM
endurance [roll0]
Endurance [roll1]

leafblower
2013-10-16, 09:03 AM
endurance [roll0]
[roll1]

leafblower
2013-10-16, 09:08 AM
The mumbling and cursing starts when Asok can speak again. Every round stuck ads +2 to cursing scale.

sepomon
2013-10-16, 09:10 AM
to Asok

Asok? Are you here? Are you OK? Where are we? What Is happening?

leafblower
2013-10-16, 09:17 AM
Doc, is that you? You didnt touch the door, did you. You did, did'n you. O dear.
I m stuck here in the devils mouth, I could use a helping hand. Mind your eyes i'm but naked. Only my armor is covering me. I lost my staff in the vortex.

docHigh
2013-10-17, 03:06 AM
"Upsie.. don't leave us here alone. Mr.glass? Little-sis? Can you hear us? I don't want to teleport again. Last time, things happened ..."

With that, Falcone goes to the door and knocks on it, listening if anybody is on the other side.
Perception: [roll0]
... but the tomb is silent.

sepomon
2013-10-17, 03:09 AM
This all entering strange portals and changing sex is not really my cup of tea. I think we are more safe here - if Asok and Doc found the Lich they are probably dead soon enough and we can meet them tomorrow morning outside where they can tell what happened.

says Halfshoe and continues:

On the other hand we would save time and get more knowledge if someone tried the same thing with golden end of the specter. Falcone, are you up for that? Tales of your heroic deeds would never die.

sepomon
2013-10-17, 03:13 AM
Doc tries to find Asok with hands and pull him out from the mouth.

Str.[roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-17, 03:17 AM
To Doctor and Asok:
Doctor feels darkness creeping over the hands as she searches and finds Asok. Trying to pull him out, she gets hold of the crystalline limbs, but pulls too sharply, slipping him on the last moment. Then, she hears a small crack.

Doctor takes 10 damage from putting hands into Devil's mouth.
New turn: Asok takes 10 damage and starts dying (-2 HP).

Doctor - STR check 16 to pull him out.
Asok: make a save against dying.

docHigh
2013-10-17, 03:26 AM
Falcone thinks a little, and then puts on the crown and pics up the scepter. "For glory and eternal fame, lets go ahead!"
With these words she pushes the golden end of the scepter into the hole in the door. The golden ball is an almost perfect fit for the cavity and the mithral gates swing silently open.

A 30 feet high ceiling of untarnished silver rises above the polished stone floor of this imposing chamber, its ivory walls inlaid with gold. Two iron chests stand to either side of a granite sarcophagus graven with ancient gylphs. A thin stream of smoke rises from a large brass urn set with filigreed gold. In all four corners stand 9-foot-tall statues of fierce demonic warriors cast in black iron, and their dread weapons are raised.

leafblower
2013-10-17, 03:40 AM
save against dyeing[roll0]

leafblower
2013-10-17, 04:39 AM
save against dieing [roll0]

sepomon
2013-10-17, 05:15 AM
Doc tries to pull Asok again
[roll0]

As he feels Asok is limb he conjures SB and uses healing spirit on Asok (surge + [roll1]

What is happening. Asok, have you taken any damage?

sepomon
2013-10-17, 05:19 AM
This place looks nice but I believe is also deadly. The warning in the enrance hall say that iron figures do more than just stand still. We should probably wait for doc and Asok to die and reunite with them before going any further.

leafblower
2013-10-17, 05:25 AM
Asok lurches out from the mouth of the devil, all cranky and in realy bad temper. He is on 18 hp.
This thing is looking bad, I lost my staff in the magical vortex and the only way to get it back it seams is to die. Lets trie to get back with the others, before they get killed or something.Asok is heading towards the others, making the nessessary athletics checks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

sepomon
2013-10-17, 06:47 AM
Doc does what she does best:
Healing Spirit:
Doc spends surge (17+6) and Asok can add [roll0]

Asok, use 2 more surges and then we can be on our way.

If needed we wait 5 min so asok get s additional 6+2hp from next healing spirit.

Dungeoneering [roll1]
Dungeoneering [roll2]
athletic [roll3]
athletic [roll4]
athletic [roll5]
athletic [roll6]
athletic [roll7]
athletic [roll8]
athletic [roll9]
climb athletic [roll10]
climb athletic [roll11]
Dungeoneering [roll12]
athletic [roll13]
athletic [roll14]

leafblower
2013-10-17, 07:35 AM
dungeis[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Athletics
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

docHigh
2013-10-17, 07:47 AM
To Doctor and Asok:
The road back to the team is hard. You progress slowly, carefully checking each step of the way. You can thank Doctor as she manages to open spot the pit-doors on the way. The climbing goes easy for Asok, but Doctor has a lot of problems, repeatedly falling.

Several times, you stop to heal. Sometimes even argue on which way to turn or if the corridor leads further into the tomb or is a path to death. Doctor remains true to her knowledge and with only a few de-tours, you stay on track. The hardest part of the road is the 30-feet long pit with the trap at the end and the gauntlet-of-doors. You pass them, though not without harm.

Eventually, what seems to be ages, you come to the admantine gate with the swords. You open it and enter the pillared hall and make your way to the group. The bright light from ever-burning torch hurts your eyes, taking some time to adjust to the new found light.

Asok:
Gauntlet vs Ref [roll0] Damage: [roll1] (miss 5 damage)
Spiked trap vs Ref [roll2] Damage: [roll3] (miss half)
Spiked trap vs Ref [roll4] Damage: [roll5] (miss half)

Doctor:
Total falling damage from all the climbings [roll6]
Gauntlet vs Ref [roll7] Damage: [roll8] (miss 5 damage)
Spiked trap vs Ref [roll9] Damage: [roll10] (miss half)
Spiked trap vs Ref [roll11] Damage: [roll12] (miss half)

As it takes ~6 hours to navigate in the pitch-dark tomb, you'll have enough time to heal after each fall provided you have enough surges.

leafblower
2013-10-17, 08:03 AM
Asok takes his time to explain what happened.

You can check the spoilers now.

leafblower
2013-10-17, 08:32 AM
Asok takes the skepter from falcone to use it as a improvized staff.

Lets see, what will happen. Il look for magic.Falcone if you please check the statues.

arcane
[roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-17, 08:39 AM
To Asok:
The room is buzzling with arcane auras. The urn is of magic nature, the ancient glyphs on the sarcophagus can be read as "AZERACH" and there is an aura of fear surrounding each of the 4 statues. Concentrating on each of them does not produce any further results.

As you try to enter the room, you are compelled and held back. The scepter cannot be taken beyond the mithral gate, being bound to the throne.

Falcone tries also to follow, but cannot pass with the crown on her head. "Asok, could you please help me get the crown off. I can't pass to next room with it :smalleek:"

leafblower
2013-10-17, 08:58 AM
Sure-asok helps falcone with the crown.

docHigh
2013-10-17, 02:16 PM
Falcone enters the room but remains careful not to touch anything. Standing next to the grim warriors (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55640367/pics/The%20dungeonCrawl/Warrior.JPG), a sense of fear overwhelms her and the hands start shaking a little. However the statues themselves are massive. 9-foot-tall they are overwhelming. Careful inspection reveals, they are not attached to the floor and could be pushed or even toppled if wanted.

Falcone takes 20 to inspect the warriors.

docHigh
2013-10-18, 03:30 AM
Faremer tells the party to take a longer pause and enters the room and takes good care to look through all of the content. He leaves the brass urn aside for Asok to check as the smoke coming from it appears un-natural. Take 20 on perception, spends 1 hour searching through the room.
The iron chests each are 3-foot-by-3-
foot-by-5-foot chests, set into the stone floor and immovable. Both show marks of prying and battering and some kind of mechanism locking it.

The granite sarcophagus (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55640367/pics/The%20dungeonCrawl/sarco.JPG) is set into the floor. The lid is massive and by share estimation, it would take 3 persons to push it open. He doesn't find any signs of traps on the outer side.

leafblower
2013-10-18, 03:46 AM
Asok checks the urn

[roll0]

leafblower
2013-10-18, 03:49 AM
Halfshoe, check the locks. Maybe we can get some useful staff from there.

docHigh
2013-10-18, 03:52 AM
Hot smoke issues from a vent where the urn's brass stopper has been sealed with gold. The urn itself is buzzling with magic though its function remains unclear. You could probably operate its arcane powers by working with it in close touch, but from distance, there is no further information.

sepomon
2013-10-18, 04:09 AM
Whan Asok and doc come back, Halfshoe is liking what he sees. He tosses a gold coin to the floor.

Hey, doc. Can you pick this up for me?

leafblower
2013-10-21, 06:59 AM
Asok places the scepter near the door and closes the urn, to study it thoroughly.

arcana hands on check [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-21, 07:11 AM
Asok puts hands on the urn and feels it heating up as he focuses his powers. The lid on top cracks and more steam starts pouring out. In the corner of your eyes, you see 2 firey-beings standing in the room. There is no doubt - the urn has been activated and will keep summoning more.

OOC:
Initiative rolls:
Asok [roll0]
Doctor [roll1]
Halfshoe [roll2]
Falcone [roll3]
Faremer [roll4]
Fire-creatures [roll5]

If you wish to disable the urn, you can use either Arcana, Athletics or Thievery as standard action (but describe, what you are doing, not simply roll). It will take 8 successes before 3 failures.

sepomon
2013-10-21, 07:18 AM
Again I have been punished to be here with a bunch of smucks. This is getting old already. Asok what have you done?

Halfshoe takes out his tools and tries to close the urn.

Thievery [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-21, 07:23 AM
Halfshoe doesn't close the urn, but tinkering with it, he gets a bit closer to disabling it.
Success: 1; Failure 0.

Spiegel
2013-10-21, 02:19 PM
"Fire guys! I like fire guys. :smallsmile:

Shame we have to fight them."

docHigh
2013-10-21, 02:29 PM
Faremer tells Falcone to take care of the fire-fiends while he will smashes the urn. With that he takes momentum and hits the urn with his feet.
Athletics to brake the urn [roll0]

The fire beasts shift and hover just 1 foot above ground. Then they turn their attention to protect the urn. One of them smashes at Halfshoe, while the second tries to bring down Faremer.

docHigh
2013-10-21, 02:32 PM
Faremer's attack hits the urn but not hard enough, it appears to have the opposite effect, enraging the beasts even more.

Success:1, Failures: 1. With failed athletic check, the efreeties strike more precise and harder until end of their next turn.
#1 attack against Halfshoe
vs Ref [roll0]
Damage: 11+2 fire damage and 5 on-going fire damage (save ends).

#2 attack against Faremer
vs Ref [roll1]
Damage: 11+2 fire damage and 5 on-going fire damage (save ends).

Spiegel
2013-10-21, 03:25 PM
"Hey you, fire guys! Not cool! :smalltongue:"

Minor: Divine challenge @ fire guy 1
Move: in front of fire guy 1, next to Halfshoe
Action: Wrath of the Gods
Action point: Righteous Smite
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If hit, +8 temp hp to everyone.

docHigh
2013-10-21, 03:32 PM
The hammer strikes the fiend in its chest but instead of taking damage, it burst into raging fires, absorbing all the damage. Its eyes burn with the new firey fever.

The attack was a hit, so +8 thp to all. Just one power triggered as immediate interrupt.

leafblower
2013-10-22, 12:45 AM
Asok shifts further from the fire-cratures and tries to tinkle the urn to close.

arcana [roll0]

leafblower
2013-10-22, 12:47 AM
At least it didn`t teleport me somewhere.
Lets close the summoning urn once and for all.

docHigh
2013-10-22, 01:15 AM
Asok channels the power of the urn in the opposite direction and stops a little of the steaming.
Success: 2, Failure: 1. With successful arcane check, the urn will summon less.

sepomon
2013-10-23, 08:38 AM
Doc moves next to F1 (next to P, move around not to provoke AO) and uses Spirit of the Tempest power for attack and grant save to Halfshoe.

Attack [roll0] vs Fort, thunder damage [roll1]

save for Halfshoe [roll2]

docHigh
2013-10-23, 09:49 AM
The fiend flares up as the spirits rip it apart and then crumbles into a pile of dust.
The urn puffs and a flare burst next to it, summoning a new fiend.

New round.

sepomon
2013-10-23, 11:17 AM
Halfshoe takes 5 ongoing fire damage and shifts next to Asok.

Hot, hot... i'll be stripping soon enough if this continues. Doc, I am sure you can't wait.

Halfshoe tries to disable the urn manipulating it with great expertize.

[roll0], thievery

save [roll1],

leafblower
2013-10-23, 01:27 PM
Asok shifts south and studys the magic of the urn so closely that his nose all most touches the thing.

Arcane [roll0]

I think I got it!

sepomon
2013-10-24, 02:31 AM
Farmer, stay away from the urn - this requires gentle touch and you are not helping. Use your muscles on those hot dudes.

docHigh
2013-10-24, 02:39 AM
Flames lick on Faremer's heels and oh, do they burn. He turns attention to newly appeared beast, finds the inner strength and strikes.

Enduring Champion
vs Fort [roll0]
Re-roll if miss [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] and Flurry 6 damage to #2
If hit: Faremer saves [roll3]
If save success: #3 takes 4 damage.
The fiend next to urn flares up on the first strike not taking any harm. The same effect applies to the second fiend, when it gets hit by the flurry of blows. With the new found focus, Faremer puts out the flames, which sends agonizing pain to the fiend. It crumbles to a pile of ash. Finally, Faremer shifts next to the remaining fiend.

docHigh
2013-10-24, 02:49 AM
The flaming thing shifts its position and then with fire gleaming in its eye-sockets attacks Faremer.

vs Ref [roll0]
Hit: 13 fire damage and on-going 5 fire-damage (save ends).

With Halfshoe working on the urn and Asok working on the magic, the urn is again brought closer to stopping its mechanics. Now though, you realize that the urn can be finally stopped only with thievery skills.
Successes: 4. Failuers: 1
Last skill-check (8th success) to complete it must be Thievery.

Spiegel
2013-10-24, 03:03 AM
"Those guys crumble like cookies! Let's go!"

Minor: divine challenge @ fire guy 2
Action: Astral Thunder
Encounter Divine, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action Close Burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs Fortitude
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. Until the end of your next turn, the target takes a penalty to attack rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Spiegel
2013-10-24, 03:13 AM
A wave of heavenly thunder like the hammer strikes of Moradin himself washes over the remaining fire elemental.

sepomon
2013-10-24, 03:20 AM
Doc moves near the Urn as well.

I have heard a thing or two about arcana as well. And the spirits are everywhere to guide me.

Doc mumbles some more and looks around as she could see someone other than her companions in the room, nods in understanding and tries to close the urn.

Arcana [roll0], if needed additional [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-24, 03:30 AM
The spirits must have known something as the workings brings the team a bit closer. Then.. a new fire-creature appears.

[roll0] [roll1]
New round.

docHigh
2013-10-24, 05:04 AM
Halfshoe waits and lets everyone else first disarm the urn, so to make the final disarming himself.
Faremer does what he does best - with a running jump he aims to crack the urn in half.

Move next to urn and kick it with Athletics. [roll0]
Success: 5, Failures: 2.

The fiend shifts away from the warrior statue in corner and then points a hand at Halfshoe. A fire bolt shoots out and detonates upon there.
vs Fort burst 1. If hit then ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Falcone: [roll1]
Asok: [roll2]
Halfshoe: [roll3]
Those who are hit can see, that if these flames are not put out, they will grow bigger on next turn.

leafblower
2013-10-24, 05:27 AM
Oh Oh Oh, I think I got it. If I channel magic from there to there. And stop it here. It should work!

arcana [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-24, 05:29 AM
The urn puffs some more but then seems to settle a little bit.
Success:6, Fail: 2.

leafblower
2013-10-24, 06:00 AM
Save for the ongoing [roll0]

sepomon
2013-10-24, 06:31 AM
Faramer, cut it! Deal with the flames! If anyone other than me or Asok touches that urn, I'll cut him or her open!

Halfshoe continues his precise work on the urn

thievery [roll0].

sepomon
2013-10-24, 06:33 AM
then takes an action point.

I think I got it. Just one more little push and the damn thing is harmless

[roll0]

sepomon
2013-10-24, 06:34 AM
save vs fire [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-24, 06:36 AM
The urn cracks and collapses to shards as any surviving efreets vanish. The summoning energy fading from the urn restores each character as if he or she had taken an extended rest.

Everyone is back to full HP, full surges, 1 AP, all daily item powers restored.
520 exp to each player.

sepomon
2013-10-24, 06:42 AM
Doc goes and hits the fiend

Great job Halfshoe! Was time you contributed to team effort

attack [roll0], damage [roll1], Halfshoe can make a save

[roll2]

Spiegel
2013-10-24, 06:48 AM
"Go team!" :smallbiggrin:

"So what shall we do now?"

leafblower
2013-10-24, 06:52 AM
Nice job focs. But I need my staff back. Il go and use the wishing stone.

Asok goes to the throne room. Puts on the crown and staff and tries to figure out how the stone works

arcane
[roll0]

leafblower
2013-10-24, 06:56 AM
Asok puts a hand on the stone

I wish i had my staff of psycraft back in my hand

docHigh
2013-10-24, 07:03 AM
With the crown on your head, you can now see without problems in the pillared hall. Touching the stone, you hear a voice in your head.
The gem is a wishing stone, granting a wish once a week. Though you sense corruption in it which will probably twist any wish you make.

"Spare me the whispering, crowded room,
The friends who come, and gape, and go;
The ceremonious air of gloom -
All which makes death a hideous show!

A wish i shall grant, so make your demand."

leafblower
2013-10-24, 07:11 AM
I wish I had my Staff of Psycraft back.
Says Asok in a calm and steady voice.

docHigh
2013-10-24, 07:16 AM
The gem begins to pulse with a red glow and explodes into thousands of small shards. Standing in the epicenter, Asok gets hit with it.

burst 3, vs Ref [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
Miss: [roll2] damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

The gem remains as a noisome mass of stinking purple mold. However with the horrid pain, you see your stuff in your hand. But the hand is lying there on the ground, severed from your body.

leafblower
2013-10-24, 07:22 AM
MEDIIC!I NEED A MEDIC. HELP ME DOC!

leafblower
2013-10-24, 08:01 AM
Save against ongoing [roll0]

Spiegel
2013-10-24, 08:32 AM
"Oh boy! I remember my Ma used to say that nothing good ever comes from wishes. If only I had told Mr. Glass that previously..."

leafblower
2013-10-25, 02:49 AM
Huh, the bleeding stopped! Ha, I got my staff back. When i get back home, I'l let my friend blow me, a new hand.

Lets check the chest.

Asok goes to the door and looks from there, waiting for doc to use her healingmagic.

Spiegel
2013-10-28, 03:46 AM
"Guys, but what about those statues? They look pretty strange. Do you think they could hide some nasty magic or traps?"

Falcone concentrates and tries to discertain the purpose of the statues.

Insight: [roll0]

leafblower
2013-10-28, 03:54 AM
While the others look at the statues, Asok ties his hand around his neck. Uses up 2 surges and is as good as new.

Well the riddle sayed that the iron men are more than just statues. Maybe animated

Asok concentrates on statue on the NE corner

arcane
[roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-28, 04:03 AM
To Falcone:
Faremer observed the statues to length. They are not animated though fighting next to them had a sense of fright. But now, with the urn disabled, the statues do not seem so frightening any longer. They are not fixed to ground as the chests and the sarcophagus are.

To Asok:
The statues no longer give out an aura of fear. Probably the disabled urn removed that effect.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 04:32 AM
Halfshoe studies the chests.

Let's see what we have here.

perception: [roll0]
thievery: [roll1]

Spiegel
2013-10-28, 04:43 AM
"Oh, those are just harmless old statues." :smallsmile:

Falcone goes and taps one of the statues on the nose with her mace.

"So, we are opening the treasure chests then?"

docHigh
2013-10-28, 04:53 AM
To Halfshoe:
There is a poison needle inside the lock, waiting to be sprung on careless handling. But you tweak it a little and have a good idea, how to disable it.

OOC: it requires 2 thievery checks to disable it.

The statue remains unharmed when the mace touches it. As Falcone said, these appear to be harmless.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 05:05 AM
Those sly sons of female dogs have put some poison needles in here. Can's stop Halfshoe though.

Halfshoe takes out his tools and starts working on the lock of the left chest.

[roll0], [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-28, 06:05 AM
This chest holds a pile of gems.
Total 250 gems (10 gp each)

sepomon
2013-10-28, 06:07 AM
Halfshoe quickly grabs about 90 gems and says:

Uu treasure. You can share this.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 06:09 AM
Then he goes to work on 2nd chest:

thievery [roll0]
thievery [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-28, 06:11 AM
The other chest contains a horde of golden coins.
Total about 2800 gp

sepomon
2013-10-28, 06:20 AM
Halfshoe grabs about 1200 and says:

It is your lucky day! Please have your share from this chest as well.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 06:33 AM
When he has his fair share of treasure Halfshoe goes to study the sarcophagus.

perception [roll0]
thievery [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-28, 06:40 AM
The sarcophagus does not have any locks or traps. Its just that the lid is really heavy and will require at least 4 persons to push it open.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 08:53 AM
Halfshoe tries to push the lid.

Str [roll0].

He makes a really decent effort but as the lid is too heavy and does not move something moves in his intestines instead and everybody who is not completely deaf can hear a thunderous fart.

Oh yeah, that one waited long to get out.

Will you help me with that lid now?

leafblower
2013-10-28, 09:42 AM
Thank the gods I don`t have to brethe, but the gas is allmost seeable. But Hey lets sing instead.

Asok pics up a tune to lift the spirits of his fellow adventurers:

OOO Lord Azerach give us strength
Never let us fail
To live out the greater part of our days
Give us strength.

And now the chorus:

Giiive us strength tooodaaaay

He stands again near the door-just a sqr inside.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 09:42 AM
I would faint if I did not have such strong medical background. I am afraid this smell is pathological.

Dispite the discomfort, doc is ready to help Halfshoe.

sepomon
2013-10-28, 02:58 PM
Hey, asok, detect magic on this!

Halfshoe let's another one fly.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 01:44 AM
Hey, less gas more pushing.
I`l chant 1,2,3 push and on push you push OK.
PUSH!!!

docHigh
2013-10-29, 01:58 AM
The lid is too well placed and too heavy to budge even when Doctor and Halfshoe are pushing. It looks that if Faremer and Falcone won't step in, the lid will remain closed.

Spiegel
2013-10-29, 02:06 AM
"I'll help!"

Falcone joins the others.

docHigh
2013-10-29, 03:36 AM
Faremer steps in and helps with the push. The lid opens and there are old bones, ruined jewelry, a broken staff, and a shattered skull.
Asok: you could detect arcana if you wanted.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 04:23 AM
This seams odd, I`l detect magic.

Asok steps closer, so too see the things and detects magic

arcana [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-29, 04:29 AM
The staff's aura still lingers a little though you don't understand its powers. For sure, it must have been of epic power to still have an aura around it even when being broken.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 05:25 AM
Asok concentrates separately on the things

Jewelry [roll0]
staff [roll1]
skull [roll2]

leafblower
2013-10-29, 05:32 AM
I think we should share the loot evenly, like me!

Asok takes 50 gems and 560 gp from the corresponding chests.

The things in the sarcophagus are magical-at least the staff is.

docHigh
2013-10-29, 05:41 AM
To Asok:
There was nothing magical in the sarcophagus, though it might have seemed so. The stuff is broken and not of any value. The lingering aura is related only to its past (being of epic tier).
The jewlery is all stained, cracked and partially rusted with little to no value.
The skull and bones belonged once to a humanoid, though now are closer to dust and crumbles than to solid bones.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 05:58 AM
Someone has broken the staff!

Asok pics up a peace of the staff

after a while he pics up the other peace also and studyes yhem carefully.

docHigh
2013-10-29, 06:33 AM
To Asok:
The stuff is broken and not of any value. The lingering aura is related only to its past (being of epic tier).
If desired, the quaterstaff could be mended and made whole with a ritual, if one had it. After an extended rest, you could possibly figure out what epic power was related to the stuff, but it clearly has no longer any effect. Whom ever this epic stuff belonged to, it must have been a powerful magician.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 06:41 AM
I think I`l keep this one, all though it`s broken it seams interesting.

sepomon
2013-10-29, 07:02 AM
What the hell is this? I thought I have my ticket away from you girls in this coffin.

leafblower
2013-10-29, 07:05 AM
Well, we could wait for a week and then you could wish yourself home :).
I think you would get there in one peace,
or two,
or three!

sepomon
2013-10-29, 08:47 AM
Who said anything about home? Maybe you miss your glass-factory. I would be pleased if I was not forced to one samll dungeon with a bunch of wuzzies.

Spiegel
2013-10-29, 08:54 AM
"Halfie is right, this kinda sucks. There's nothing here and I have no idea what to do next. Maybe one of you smart guys could figure out if there is something we have missed so far?"

leafblower
2013-10-29, 08:56 AM
Strong ones-you could move the statues, there may be something under them?

leafblower
2013-10-29, 09:53 AM
While the strong ones gather strength, Asok tries to move the NE Statue with his measely little strength
[roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-29, 09:55 AM
The figure inches a little or it seems so. With two more helpers, you'd be able to shift the figure away from the corner.

Spiegel
2013-10-30, 02:13 AM
"Sure, I'll help!"

Falcone goes and joins Asok.

docHigh
2013-10-30, 02:16 AM
Faremer joins also in and puts a shoulder in. The statue moves and then is toppled over. But there is nothing below nor behind.

sepomon
2013-10-30, 02:49 AM
That did not seem useful, but was kind of fun. Let me also try.

Halfshoe joins the party to push over next statue.

docHigh
2013-10-30, 03:04 AM
The party moves on to the next statue, taking this time the one in the north-western corner. Below the figure, there is a ring pull set into stone.

sepomon
2013-10-30, 04:53 AM
Halfshoe studies the pull:

perception [roll0]
thievery [roll1]

At the same time you see the doctor act wierd again. (wierd for regular but not to those who have been with her for longer than a couple of days). She starts ranting and acts asa there were others in the room. She talks to herself and behaves as she hears voices.

What pull is this and what might happen if we operate it?

dungeoneering [roll2]

docHigh
2013-10-30, 05:14 AM
The pull is not connected to any devices and appears to be meant for lifting a hatch. Doctor confirms the belief as she's seen such things also on other hatches leading stairs downward.

sepomon
2013-10-30, 05:24 AM
Doctor takes 40gems from one chest and 400gp from other and then opens the door on the floor.

Don't give me such wierd looks. If you knew how much spirits know and could see and hear them you would seek for their guidance as well. I am not mad, I am not.

docHigh
2013-10-30, 05:34 AM
A narrow chute drops 10 feet down to the corridor to the west. From this room, you don't see anything further.

Spiegel
2013-10-30, 06:47 AM
"Looks like an adventure! Can I go first, yes?"

sepomon
2013-10-30, 08:21 AM
Yes, be my quest. I go second. Girl-power!

Doc follows and pays attention

perception [roll0]

Halfhoe grins and goes in 3rd
perception [roll1]

Spiegel
2013-10-30, 08:22 AM
Falcone continues onwards until she encounters something.

docHigh
2013-10-30, 08:30 AM
The corridor moves 20 feet westward and then turns to north continuing 30 feet until turning again west.

Doctor finds a peculiarity 20 feet from the chute. A chip of stone in the wall flakes away to reveal a metal-lined keyhole.

sepomon
2013-10-30, 08:43 AM
Let me have a look. Maybe the key I have fits here.

before trying the key Halfshoe studies the lock.

perception [roll0]
thievery [roll1]

docHigh
2013-10-30, 09:19 AM
To Halfshoe:
This is one of the most complex lock-mechanisms you've encountered in quite a while. You are absolutely sure, that unless you have the key, it would remain closed for ever.

Spiegel
2013-10-31, 01:44 AM
"Come on, Halfie, use the key!" :smallwink:

sepomon
2013-10-31, 05:02 AM
Wow, I am impressed. I don't think I have seen so complicated lock before. Let's hope the key works.

Halfshoe tries the key.

sepomon
2013-10-31, 05:23 AM
Asok, show me the other key you have.

Halfshoe assesses which one would fit better and triest that first

thievery [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-31, 05:28 AM
One of the key is golden with skeleton figure at the end. The second key is bronze with cylindrical handle. They both appear to fit from visual inspection.

leafblower
2013-10-31, 09:34 AM
Asok consentrates on the lock to sense some magic

Arcana [roll0]

docHigh
2013-10-31, 10:43 AM
The keyhole resonates with magic, just the same as the skeleton key in Halfshoe's hand.

leafblower
2013-10-31, 02:19 PM
If I did`t know better I would suggest the skeleton key for the lock, hey but I do know better so..

Use the Skeleton key!

sepomon
2013-11-01, 03:06 AM
Halfshoe does as Asok suggested

docHigh
2013-11-01, 03:14 AM
With a rumble, the entire wall sinks into the floor, revealing a burial vault whose arched ceiling rises 25 feet overhead. The room is empty of everything but dust.

sepomon
2013-11-01, 03:21 AM
Halfshoe and Doc both search the room thorougly. Doc talks to herself the whole time, others can hear something about spirits, her childhood, her long-lost farther and the a bit more about spirits.

H perception [roll0]
D perception [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-01, 03:23 AM
Halfshoe is too distracted listening to the mumbling, though Doctor clearly gets some insight from the friends-beyond. Another hidden keyhole is revealed beneath a thin layer of painted plaster in the center of the room.

sepomon
2013-11-01, 03:31 AM
Asok, does this key match to the new hole?

leafblower
2013-11-01, 03:34 AM
Asok grunts again to sense magic

Arcana [roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-01, 03:49 AM
To Asok:
This whole room floor pulses with arcane power and makes any further deduction difficult. Yet you still determine that the key-hole on the floor, if inserted key is turned more than once, then the magic within the floor is activated.

leafblower
2013-11-01, 03:10 PM
Asok steps on the floor, if nothing happens, he strolls further, steps to the keyhole, inserts the key and turns it once.

docHigh
2013-11-02, 01:59 AM
The bronze key fits into the keyhole. After turning it once, nothing happens.

leafblower
2013-11-02, 02:23 AM
The bold drink shampagne.

Asok turns the key further!

docHigh
2013-11-02, 07:20 AM
Second twist - and nothing happens. But after the third, the floor suddenly cracks and a thin line brakes the room seemingly into two. You can feel how the floor starts slowly rising from the middle of the room.

To all:
Asok, Halfshoe and Doctor have one action to make (as you are in the room).
The rest can also make one action (but you are outside the room).

After all have stated what they plan to do, i will provide an update.

leafblower
2013-11-02, 07:50 AM
Asok steps out from the room

Spiegel
2013-11-02, 05:20 PM
"Run guys, run!" :smalleek:

Falcone springs next to the door, ready to help out.

MaxCarvel
2013-11-04, 02:39 AM
Faramer goes to help Falcone.

Guys, quickly out of the room! Time to panic it seems.

docHigh
2013-11-04, 08:47 AM
Halfshoe and Doctor also rush out of the room, careful of what might come next. And quite well that they did - the slowly rising floor suddenly slams upward at high speed, slamming against the ceiling above. Had there been anyone, they'd surely be stuck there now.

300 experience to all.

A new wall of gleaming mithral stands where the old wall sunk down. A door is set in the wall, and an inset ring hangs at its center.

leafblower
2013-11-04, 09:50 AM
Something to detect again

Detect magic [roll0]
If something magical [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-04, 10:00 AM
To Asok:
The door isn't magical but behind it, your senses all sprinkle up. There definitely is something.

Spiegel
2013-11-04, 01:33 PM
"This is so exciting! Let me try that!"

Falcone goes and pulls the ring.

docHigh
2013-11-04, 04:15 PM
Falcone puts her hands on the ring and gives it a pull...
Str [roll0] but the door doesn't budge. So she tries a little more, using her body weight also. Eventually, the door opens inc-by-inch.

As you direct light into the room, you see treasure. All scattered around the room. Smaller and bigger gems can be seen, with a few potions resting among them. There are even shiny daggers and one strange bear-looking figurine. At the other side of the chamber the biggest treasure lies: a stone dais holds a jeweled skull that sits amid bone shards and dust. Its eyes are blood-red rubies, and its teeth are set with diamonds.

Asok and Doctor:
Please roll perception as well.

sepomon
2013-11-05, 02:50 AM
doc's perception [roll0]
and halfies [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-05, 03:36 AM
To Doctor: next to the dais, there appears to be your equipment also, which you lost while teleporting.

To Halfshoe:
Treasure, lots of treasure in this room. And the dagger has blood droplets engraved on it.

leafblower
2013-11-05, 03:54 AM
Asok looks around

arćane [roll0]
perception [roll1]
For different magic items in alpfabetical order
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

leafblower
2013-11-05, 04:01 AM
Wait a minute, boys and girls. I`l check the things first.

Allthough no apparent magic is found. Asok concentrates on the skull, the daggers and the bear in alphabetical order

sepomon
2013-11-05, 04:35 AM
What do we have here?

Halfshoe is clearly exited and studies the dagger. Is it magical? who and how can be killed with it?

sepomon
2013-11-05, 04:36 AM
Oh spirits, thank you for leading me back to my equipment without loosing any body parts.

Doc is happy to have her stuff back.

docHigh
2013-11-05, 04:41 AM
Asok moves to get a better view and pushes Faremer aside, to have clear shot. Then, he stands still, focused on the room. For the next 10 minutes you can see his shards moving left and right as he does his tricks.

To Asok:
You don't determine which of the items are magical, so you concentrate on each of them separately. You do spot a bunch of clothes next to the dais, which look very familiar to the ones you lost.

Roll 21 Bear-figurine: doesn't appear magical.
Roll 37 doctor's clothes: these are Doctor's. There is also the viper belt, which she lost.
Roll 36 dagger: Subtle Weapon - dagger +3 (lvl 13) Critical: +1d6 damage per plus Property: Deal extra damage equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus when attacking with combat advantage.
Roll 28 elixir of will (lvl 13).
Roll 33 elixir of reflexes (lvl 13).
Roll 39 large gems: not magical.
Roll 36 potion of clarity (lvl 10).
Roll 34 potion of spirit (lvl 10).
Roll 25 small gems: not magical.

Check for the skull in the corner [roll0]
The skull has a fear aura surrounding it (area 2). Also, it appears to be magical.

docHigh
2013-11-05, 04:49 AM
However Asok is not allowed to focus more, as Doctor and Halfshoe enter the room. As they take their belongings dust swirls as the jeweled skull rises into the air. Slowly, it turns from side to side, appraising you as it prepares to attack. "You?! You were supposed to run dead here and feed my powers. Well, then I shall do it myself!" With the words, you recognize the voice from outside.

OOC:
Roll initiative.
To Halfshoe:
Do you want to use the dagger? IC you don't know of its powers yet. Only that it is +3 dagger.

sepomon
2013-11-05, 04:55 AM
initiative:

Halfshoe: [roll0]
doc: [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-05, 04:57 AM
Initiative for Asok: [roll0]
Initiative for Faremer: [roll1]
Initiative for Falcone: [roll2]
Initiative for Azerach: [roll3]

Order is:
Group1: Faremer->Halfshoe
Group2: Azerach
Group3: Doctor->Falcone->Asok

sepomon
2013-11-05, 05:30 AM
You Bustard! You tricked me! Our deal is off the table I guess, because how can you provide me anything if you are dead?

Halfshoe attacks with all his fury:

Crimson Edge:
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1], sneak attack [roll2]

hit: target takes 8 ongoing damage and grants combat advantage to you (save ends both).
Miss: Half damage, and no ongoing damage.

We should get him away from this corner!

Halfshoe takes 5ft step back.

Spiegel
2013-11-05, 05:36 AM
"Boys, this situation calls for some Wrath! Leave some room for me when taking positions!"

docHigh
2013-11-05, 05:41 AM
The dagger hits the skull but with finding the right spot and drawing there a crack, the dagger delights and deals more damage than Halfshoe expected.
Whenever you have CA against target, deal +3 damage (weapon enhancer).

MaxCarvel
2013-11-06, 02:30 AM
You see Faremer breath deeply while concentrating within and it feels like it is harder to hit him after this.

Centered Defence:

Until the stance ends, you gain +2 power bonus to all defences.

You see Faremer approaching the Z his fists already taking motion and you hear the sound of upcoming avalanche while he progresses on the enemy.

Faremer moves to Z.

Supreme Avalanche Combination:

DEX vs FORT
If miss I will try again: [roll1]
DAM: [roll2]
Miss: Half DAM.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 power
bonus to damage rolls against the target, and you slide it 1 square whenever you hit it with an attack. If that attack includes forced movement, you can increase the distance of that movement by 1 square instead of sliding the target 1 square.
If hit I will add Centered Flurry of Blows +6 DAM. Will slide the dude by 1 sqare to only place I can.
If Flurry added I will also use Supreme Flurry. I will shift by 1 square to the corner where the Z was and move Z infront of me and add additional +6 DAM.

docHigh
2013-11-06, 02:58 AM
OOC: sorry, wrong post. Azerach turn is here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16366303&postcount=102
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16366335&postcount=103
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16366340&postcount=104

sepomon
2013-11-06, 03:59 AM
doc's perception to know Az's position

[roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-06, 04:33 AM
He is over there!

Doc points out the position and uses goggels of aura sight on him.

Save for restrained/daze [roll0] (reroll with amulet daily power if needed [roll1])

save against levitation [roll2]

docHigh
2013-11-06, 04:40 AM
Azerach is not affected by any disease nor poison. Neither can it apply to any characters.
Total HP: 600. Current: 545.

Doctor levitates 20 feet higher and slowly starts drifting towards the north-western corner of the room. When all seems lost, she relies on her amulet which helps her just in time - her spirit no-longer is connected to Azerach.

While Doc doesn't quite see the skull, she heard the skull flying somewhere mid-air (~15-20 feet from ground).

Spiegel
2013-11-06, 06:47 AM
Falcone struggles against levitation.

"By Moradin's might!"

Divine mettle: Falcone saves at +6.

Save against levitation: [roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-06, 09:48 AM
I have lost the ground, but I will get it!

Hey you, Azerach, give me back my spellbook, so that I can banish you.

Asok points his hand with the staff towards the place where Azerach should be and unleashes the pain and suffering

Disharten burst 1 in 10 centered on Z. Attack: Intelligence vs_Will HIt: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. and the
target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next tum_
Attack [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

Save against levitate

[roll2]

docHigh
2013-11-06, 10:44 AM
Asok guesses the skull's location ..
Perception [roll0]
.. and just to be sure, shoots out an area attack. Weather it hits or misses, remains unknown as there is only silence.

sepomon
2013-11-06, 12:50 PM
Hey, everybody - I officially feel bad for letting you guys burn in this lava thing. I'll do my best to kill that talking skull.

Halfshoe takes out his rope and tries to tie himself around a pillar.

acrobatics [roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-06, 01:02 PM
The rope swings around and Halfshoe is safely secured to his position.

sepomon
2013-11-06, 01:11 PM
save [roll0]

MaxCarvel
2013-11-07, 04:05 AM
Faramer pulls out the rope (minor) and tries to anchor himself with it to the closest pillar.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Save against levitate: [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-07, 04:12 AM
A ripple of a wave rushes through the tomb, but nothing happens and you remain in the same room. From the darkness, 2 rays of necrotic power lash out.

vs Asok Ref [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] necrotic damage
vs Doctor Ref [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] necrotic damage

Spiegel
2013-11-07, 04:48 AM
"Damn it! I want to fight!"

Divine strenght: +1 damage next attack.
Save for floating: [roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-07, 05:01 AM
Doc tries to see where Azz is

1d20+17

sepomon
2013-11-07, 05:03 AM
Doc tries to see where Azz is

[roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-07, 05:10 AM
Asok tries to lokalize AZ

[roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-07, 05:16 AM
Looking around in amazement Asok decides to move with the power of the mind
He vanishes and left from throne

I?l use the crown, it did something useful I remember

Dimensional Shortcut Psion Utility 10 burst 3 you and each ally in burst Teleport 20 sqr

docHigh
2013-11-07, 05:31 AM
To Doctor:
You don't see Azerach, but you heard where the last attack came from and you are fairly sure it came 20 feet from ground, in front of the middle door.

To Asok: you don't determine Azerach location.

leafblower
2013-11-07, 06:01 AM
Wizdom roll
[roll0]
Save
[roll1]

sepomon
2013-11-07, 06:03 AM
Doc summons SB to where Az is. Then she uses Shield of the Immortal Forest to improve her and allies defences while beeing within 5sq of SB.

As standard action she uses Blessing of the Seven Winds:
attack [roll0]
hit: damage [roll1] an slide 2sq lower

miss: 1/2 damage
Effect: The attack creates a zone of swirling winds in a burst 1 centered on the target. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter. As a move action, you can move the zone 5 squares. As a minor action, you can slide each
creature within the zone 1 square.

sepomon
2013-11-07, 06:04 AM
Doc also tries to save [roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-07, 06:05 AM
Save against levitation 1d20-5

sepomon
2013-11-07, 06:06 AM
save against levitation [roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-07, 06:14 AM
Asok steps near the crown, pics it up, takes a long pause...

and puts it on

Hey folks, I can see in the dark now, and it seams the levitation doesn`t affect me anymore.
I`l take the skepter also

docHigh
2013-11-07, 06:19 AM
Doctor misses the skull and slowly floats further towards the devil. Asok on the other hand, can now see clearly within the room (as if it were daylight). And the levitation also doesn't have any effect. The crown helps.

sepomon
2013-11-07, 07:11 AM
Halfshoe takes a hook from bag and tries to throw the rope around the pillar north-east from him.

acrobathcs [roll0]

If he succeeds, he draws himself to next pillar.

Save [roll1]

MaxCarvel
2013-11-08, 02:24 AM
Faremer moves 14 steps closer to Azerach. Will stay 3 squares from him in the middle way of the room between throne and apposing room.

Now there is ligth on Azerach.

I can see him now!

Faremer also pulls out his Longbow.

docHigh
2013-11-08, 02:31 AM
Another ripple of a wave rushes through the tomb, but nothing happens and you remain in the same room.

Azerach turns its blood-red eyes towards Faremer and only laughs. "Puny mortal.. And you over there. Drop my crown!" Then 2 rays strike out from him and he flies off to the left.

Shadow Ray vs Asok
vs ref [roll0]
Damage [roll1] necrotic damage

Shadow Ray vs Faremer
vs Ref [roll2]
Damage [roll3] necrotic damage

Spiegel
2013-11-08, 02:58 AM
"Guys, this isn't how I imagined this fight!"

Falcone keeps struggling against the levitation.

Save: [roll0]

Spiegel
2013-11-08, 03:05 AM
The invisible force holding Falcone aloft suddenly gives up and she plumments to the ground.

"Ow!"

Damage: [roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-08, 04:43 AM
Asok pics up the scepter with minor. Takes a doublemove, landing 3 sqr left fron Halfy.

Ill throw you the crown doc

sepomon
2013-11-08, 07:59 AM
Doc floats 4sqr forward and delays.

Help me guys - I am awfully close to that devil thing.

Halfshoe hurries to the resque. He moves to D4 and tries to throw his rope with hook to catch doc.

acrobatics [roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-08, 08:07 AM
No worries, I got you!

Doc uses Spirit of the Tempest power to attck the lich.

attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

He then moves his windy thing 5sq closer and SB also moves 6 sq closer

save [roll2]

docHigh
2013-11-08, 08:10 AM
Turning mid-air, a thunderous strike flashes but the skull moves slightly to the left getting clear of the blow.

MaxCarvel
2013-11-08, 09:16 AM
Faremer moves 3 steps to have line of sight to Z.

Shot with a Longbow:

Hit: [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-08, 09:19 AM
The arrow flies 6 inches off from the skull. Then, a ripple of a wave rushes through the tomb and the room swirls around everyone. A force pushes at you.

Doctor [roll1]
Faremer [roll2]
Falcone [roll3]
Halfshoe [roll4]

vs Ref. If hit, then slides the target 1 square and knocks it prone.
Asok [roll5]
Doctor [roll6]
Faremer [roll7]
Falcone [roll8]
Halfshoe [roll9]
All except Faremer are hit and knocked prone.

docHigh
2013-11-08, 09:31 AM
You find yourselves in the same tomb-chamber where the battle started. Asok however no longer has the crown nor the scepter and Doctor can feel that the link to the zone and spirit-bear have been broken.
The effects ended with the teleport.

The skull raises feet higher placing itself now 15 feet from ground and starts humming to Doctor: "This little soul went to the market, but never came back home.." And noticing the guy with single hand, he continues ".. and her friend went there along."

Move: shifts 5 feet higher.
Standard: Drain soul vs Doctor.
vs Fort. If hit then target is dazed and restrained (save ends both).
Doctor [roll0]

AP: Drain soul vs Asok.
Asok [roll1]

sepomon
2013-11-11, 03:38 AM
Tin-can, crawl under the Skull and ready WoG - I will step closer. Asok, maybe you could wait with your attack until Paldin has assured Gods are on our side.

Spiegel
2013-11-11, 06:05 AM
"Guys, gather to me! Gods will be on our side!"

Move: under the skull.
Action: ready Wrath of God (when our group is around me).

leafblower
2013-11-11, 08:13 AM
Asok pushes a gargantuan save

[roll0]

leafblower
2013-11-11, 08:40 AM
Asok lashes an egowhip on the Lich

attack [roll0] against will

if hit then 9 dmg and -2 to attack,and defences

docHigh
2013-11-11, 08:47 AM
The mental assault leaves no mark to the skull, but the soul is no longer tied to the fiend.

sepomon
2013-11-11, 09:05 AM
Halfshoe stands up.

With Deft Strike he steps closer and takes out shuriken so the Paladin can bless the team as was planned.

attack [roll0], damage [roll1], furious assault [roll2]

sepomon
2013-11-11, 09:11 AM
Doc stands up.

What is happening to me. Can anybody help me get rid of this?

save [roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-11, 09:12 AM
The air gets cold and a shiver runs down the spine of all as Doctor fails to break free. He turns stone-stiff and stops all moving, his eyes loosing the light it used to have. A step more, and he is surely doomed.
First failed save: The target is instead stunned and restrained (save ends both).

Azerach's immediate reaction for when the creature fails a saving throw against Drain Soul:
Soul Shriveling Pulse • Fear, Necrotic, Close burst 5. vs. Will;
Damage: [roll0] necrotic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends).
Asok [roll1]
Doctor [roll2]
Faremer [roll3]
Falcone [roll4]
Halfshoe [roll5]

MaxCarvel
2013-11-11, 10:14 AM
Faremer uses his longbow to shoot at the Z.

Shot in between eyes of the skull:

Attack: [roll0]; -2 from aura counted.
Hit: [roll1]; +2 from effect from Strike the Avalanches attack done before.
If Hit I slide the target down by 1 square.
If Hit I use Flurry of Blows feature to add additional 6 DAM and slide it to the ground.
If Hit I also slide it one square so it is not on Paladin.

docHigh
2013-11-11, 10:51 AM
A ripple of a wave rushes through the tomb and the room swirls around everyone. A force pushes at you, knocking Doctor again prone.

vs Ref. If hit, then slides the target 1 square and knocks it prone.
Asok [roll0]
Doctor [roll1]
Faremer [roll2]
Falcone [roll3]
Halfshoe [roll4]

You find yourselves in the misty chamber of the siren.
Silver and Gold Mist: The flowing mist grants concealment to all creatures in the cavern. In addition, any creature that starts its turn in the mist must make a DC 17 Endurance check or be dazed (save ends). A creature that makes a successful check is no longer affected by the mist.

docHigh
2013-11-11, 11:05 AM
Azerach laughs and mocks the party: "Is this it? Are these the souls that should add to my powers? You should get a better aim." Not fearing for itself, it remains hovering at 10 feet and attacks those who appeared to be able to target him.

Endurance check [roll0]
Twin Ray vs Halfshoe Ref:
[roll1]
Damage [roll2] necrotic damage

Twin Ray vs Faremer Ref:
[roll3]
Damage [roll4] necrotic damage

OOC:
Current status.
Faremer HP: 58-17=41/75 Effects: - AP:1 Surge: 8/8
Asok HP: 50(62)/62 Effects: prone AP:1 Surge: 6/8
Doctor HP: 64/71 Effects: prone, stunned and restrained (save ends both); -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends); cursed crystal AP:1 Surge: 9/9
Falcone HP: 45/79 Effects: prone, -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends) AP:1 Surge: 10/10
Halfshoe HP: 55/67 Effects: -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends) AP:1 Surge: 6/6

Spiegel
2013-11-11, 03:19 PM
"Leave Halfie alone!"

As dark magic flows from the lich, a wave of golden light surges from Falcone.

Ray of Reprisal Paladin Attack 9
You direct a beam of fierce radiance against an enemy and force it to feel the pain of the wounds it inflicted onyour comrade.
Daily • Divine. Implement, Radiant
Immediate Interrupt Close burst 5
Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of you hits your ally
Target: The triggering enemy
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit 3d6 + Charisma radiant damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: The ally hit takes half damage from the triggering
enemy's attack.

docHigh
2013-11-11, 03:37 PM
Surprised from the sudden resistance, light engulfs the floating skull and it appears to take further damage from the radiant light. Seeing a new threat, it revises its actions and decides to raise 5 feet higher, just in case.
That is a hit and he appears to take additional damage from radiant source.

leafblower
2013-11-12, 02:40 AM
Asok takes a pause, stands up and then an immense Whip lashes towards the Lich

Ego whip augmented 2
Attack [roll0]
dmg [roll1]
if hit -2 penalty to attacks, defences and saves

leafblower
2013-11-12, 02:45 AM
Endurance chek against the mist

[roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-12, 02:46 AM
The attacks lands dead-on the skull, smashing into but with only partial force.

leafblower
2013-11-12, 02:52 AM
Seeing the painful look on Azerachs skull Asok pushis it even further.
With a minor action he distracts the foe, to get CA and then with an actionpoint he inflicts even more pain

Inflict Pain

Psion Attack 9

Your thoughts work their way into afoe’s mind like razor-sharp

needles, crippling

it with excruciating pain.

Daily 4 Implement, Psionic, Psychic

Standard Action Area burst 2 within 10 squares

Target: Each enemy in burst

Attack: Intelligence vs. Will

Hit: 2d6

+ Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and the

target is slowed and takes ongoing 5 psychic damage

(save ends).

Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed until the end of

your next turn.

Attack [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

docHigh
2013-11-12, 02:56 AM
The attack leaves naught but a small scratch on Azerach as it hurtles past, making him less mobile for a moment.

sepomon
2013-11-12, 03:16 AM
Halfshoe endurance check [roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-12, 03:25 AM
Halfshoe feels that the mist is affecting his usual capabilities and is only abel to make an attack with shuriken. With the attack he moves 2sqr (2 left, 1down).

attack [roll0], damage [roll1], furious assault [roll2]

save againt -2 to saves [roll3]

sepomon
2013-11-12, 03:30 AM
save against daze [roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-12, 03:32 AM
A solid 'thump' can be heard as the shuriken strikes the skull. Shoving off the misty effects, Halfshoe no longer is affected by the mist.
Save makes you immune to the effect for the rest of the day.

sepomon
2013-11-12, 03:34 AM
Doctor lies in agony, but tries to endure the mist:

[roll0]

sepomon
2013-11-12, 03:43 AM
Feeling the end is near, doc does his maximum to overcome the effect
Oh spirits give me strenght!

save against -2 to saves [roll2]
save against daze and restrain [roll3] (+2 if 1st save was a success)

docHigh
2013-11-12, 03:51 AM
Unbelieving how the Deva could have escaped the death-grip, Azerach watches in amazement how the soul escapes his grip yet again.
Doctor was stunned, so the attack couldn't have happened.

MaxCarvel
2013-11-12, 07:25 AM
Faremers Endurance check.

Endurance [roll0]

MaxCarvel
2013-11-12, 07:31 AM
Faremer moves to the entrance of the stone ring. Not in front though.

Takes a shot with the Bow:

Attack: [roll0]; -2 from aura counted.
Hit: [roll1]; +2 from effect from Strike the Avalanches attack done before.
If Hit I slide the target down by 1 square diagonally to outside of the stoned ring.
If Hit I use Flurry of Blows feature to add additional 6 DAM and slide it to the ground diagonally even further from the stoned ring.
If Hit I also slide it one square besides Paladin.

Spiegel
2013-11-12, 08:25 AM
Falcone fights against the choking fumes.

Endurance: [roll0]

Spiegel
2013-11-12, 08:35 AM
"You skull-thing! You are not going to hurt anyone anymore once we are through!"

Minor: Divine challenge @ the skull

Falcone raises her mace and brings it down on the lich before her.

Action: Virtuous strike (charisma vs ac)
Hit: you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of your next turn.

Spiegel
2013-11-12, 08:39 AM
The mace lands with a mighty crack and suddenly erupts in a holy light.

Mace's daily power: 3d10 radiant damage against undead [roll0]

Spiegel
2013-11-12, 08:59 AM
That's right! Now taste some might!"

Falcone brings the mace down the second time.

Action: Righteous Smite (charisma vs ac)
Hit: you and each ally within 5 squares of you gain temporary hit points equal to 5+3= 8.

Spiegel
2013-11-12, 09:03 AM
"We walk in light!"

Save against -2 [roll0]

docHigh
2013-11-12, 09:42 AM
The ripple passes the tomb, but you remain in place.

If it had skin and muscles, you'd read a frown out of Azerach's face. "So you DO know how to fight- good. Lets try now this.." The skull goes for Paladin's soul and then floats from the grasp of the melee-fighters (next to Doctor, 10 feet from ground). From there, it goes for the kill.

Drain Soul
Falcone [roll0] (included Asok and concealment)

ActionPoint: Twin ray vs Ref
Falcone [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Falcone [roll3] Damage [roll4]

To Doctor:
You get AoO against the skull (it makes ranged attack next to you).You were prone, so you can't reach 10 feet from ground.

leafblower
2013-11-12, 09:50 AM
Asok makes his whip dance on the skull

Ego whip augment 2
Attack [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]
If hit then -2 penalty on attacks, def and saves

docHigh
2013-11-12, 09:56 AM
'Splash' but it whistles past the skull.