PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Under Siege (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

WebTiefling
2013-11-18, 10:44 PM
With the Drider collapsing beneath the rending swords of Ryu, the village is safe. A massive rat is seen briefly leaping from the wall, fleeing out toward the surrounding forests and a villager a bit quicker with his hands than the rest manages to send an arrow after it, flying wide and disappearing in the darkness after the rat.

A ragged cheer breaks out from the villagers and their captain of the guard, Captain Staffish, sets out to regroup the broken and webbed groups of villagers. It is after midnight before everything is back under control and guards are again regularly patrolling the rough wall and the villagers are back in their homes, casualties thankfully light because of the adventurers taking the brunt of the fighting.

It is rather late the next morning when they wake back up, Minbeja recovered to his human form and walking back in to the town, causing the guards to mutter at the amazing powers of magic - they never even saw him leave!

Captain Miles Staffish greets the adventurers as they enjoy their breakfast at the Fine Grain Inn, finest establishment in Dyson.

"Good morning to you all. I, indeed the entire town, deeply appreciates your actions last night. It would have been a bloody night without your help. And that exposes a problem."

He takes a seat at the table, smiling to the serving girl as she brings a cup of something steaming.

"We can't drive off further attacks like that on our own. Maybe we could drive off one more, but that would leave us so heavily wounded that we couldn't fight off a sick goblin afterwards.

"We need protection. We need your protection."

the asassin
2013-11-19, 08:27 AM
Hi Well if you can't fight off one more attack,maybe you can help us go to the core of the problem,and destroy it.as my wise master saidFight not 1,000 battles but fight one battle to stop all battlesSo if hit the core we can stop it all.I will need your best men and the rest to defend and we will need you tooas I point at the really good clericAny objections or bathroom breaksLOL:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-19, 10:37 AM
...That is perhaps the wisest thing I've heard you say Ryu! Though it would be foolhardy to bring Dyson's troops with us. Since they can only fend off one more assault as is.

(I turn to talk to the Captain) However, I would be most willing to spend a day or two here to improve your defenses. If I am permitted, I would like to use my magic to make a wall of stone.

Perhaps placing a spike pit outside of the wall would be helpful as well?

the asassin
2013-11-19, 12:57 PM
HiWell it was not me it was just my master's lesson,but i guess the issue with the bringing guards isn't the best after all,but i still think we should bring the cleric just saying.I think the wall is good idea but we do not have a day or 2 even with us helping we need to act now!:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-11-19, 01:43 PM
Agreed. But because it may take us days to stop this, it would be best if we spend one day to build a wall and teach the guards some battle technique.:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-19, 02:07 PM
How about this? To make finding a portal(s) easier, I shall study how to cast a spell to "locate objects". That would require at least one day to learn, so you two would need SOMETHING to do in the meantime.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-11-19, 02:38 PM
"I understand the dilemma - if you spend time protecting something, they you aren't attacking the true source of the problem."

Captain Staffish grimaces. "In the mean time, strengthening our walls with stone would be extremely useful. The rough wooden walls only slow some enemies down. How much stone wall could you form?"

He gestures for the guard who accompanied him. "Order that the farmers begin hauling in stone from their fences and dump it at the outside base of the wooden walls."

The guard nods and trots off.

"As for training, we are training them, but most of them have never handled a sword before. They can all shoot bows, but know nothing of swords.

You guys are the experts in this sort of thing - what is the best way for these sorts of people to fight monsters?"

the asassin
2013-11-19, 03:05 PM
Hi nice Smilies Hmm well when your talking straight up front battles ask the duke.Me I would set up traps to kingdom come then kill the 1 that is left if we have time,but like I said going straight direct fight with no trick up our sleeves ask the duke not me.How long would it take do dig a 10 feet hole behind the door?I am thinking leave the door open cover the hole and wait for them to fall in then shoot them with 4 men and the rest to make sure the driders do not climb up the walls and force them into the hole. That would be my strategy.Oh dad how can you check your text I sent you a picture of Ryu shadow fire and can i change strike to fire please also I want a skateboard for real in the game by the way my master was alwys giving rittles nothing else some i havent even figured out likefight each other will they divided if they are if fight each other destroy each other they will:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-11-19, 03:42 PM
You are right Ryu, of course. And now for straight up battles, an archer is always good to have, but a sword is a tool that no warrior or soldier should go without. However it is aways good to have a secret weapon. and Thane shows a dagger hidden behind his back. And what do you think Hanz.:roy:

Swords hit harder and you get to hear them scream for mercy so there's a bonus.:belkar:

the asassin
2013-11-19, 03:54 PM
HiYes I agree a sword is a good weapon I do not care about the screams I prefer if my enemy head is rolling around like a bowling ball at my feet.Nice dagger i all ways find it easier to keep it in my shock as i pull a dagger out of my sock.:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-19, 03:57 PM
Ooo! Cool trick with dagger. Harlow would try with dagger Hanz gave Harlow, but might hurt to get out of back.:redcloak:

the asassin
2013-11-19, 04:13 PM
Hi Yeah it probably would so what are we doing cause it is almost 3:00 we need to act not talk like my master says action can effect only when the action is done :xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-19, 06:05 PM
Today is filled up with preparations, tomorrow (In game time) we shall depart to find the source of this mess.:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-11-19, 06:28 PM
Then let us begin the peoples training.:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-11-19, 11:16 PM
The captain looks a bit puzzled at Ryu's statement at the time being 3:00, since they are eating breakfast, and it's no later than 9:30 in the morning, but he lets it pass. Merely a mis-statement. He is also puzzled about him gesturing as if the town's cleric were in the tavern when he's not. Oh well, just expansive gestures.

To Thane and Hanz, "Are you sure swords are the best way to fight the monsters? While we have swords, the men aren't trained much in them. Though, with some proper training they might do well. My career in the army was leading a unit of longbowmen. I am certain they will learn much more with you training them than they would from me."

He turns to Minbeja, "I know wizards need an hour of meditation to prepare their spells. If you could prepare your spells for shaping stone, I would feel much better with some stone walls even if we can't cover all the walls in stone. How much wall could you form?"

To Ryu, "Your idea of traps is something I would like to use as well. Can you build traps on the walls against creatures trying to climb over the walls? I can also get the farmers to start digging pits in the road right behind the gates - if you can turn those pits into traps as well, we might try to tempt them to come in through the gates."

To all of them, "Your efforts in helping us defend our town are most appreciated. With your help, I'm sure we can protect ourselves much better for when you leave to stop the source of the monsters."

With that, Captain Staffish slaps the table and stands up. "We'll send the monsters fleeing from our walls! Let's do this!"

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-19, 11:58 PM
I would be able to shape no more than 51 cubic feet of stone into a wall. (That's including the extra use of a spell I get from my pearl of power):vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 08:06 AM
Hi sorry I was going off of the time at our house I shall help train.Also I am a ninja not a rouge,but I can see what I can do.:xykon:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 08:12 AM
Hi Captain I will need wood metal and bags:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 08:24 AM
Thane stands up. Hanz and I will start training the troops. Captain, if you could please arm the men with swords for training, although wooden swords, if you have them would be best.:roy:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 08:35 AM
Hi (Ryu Shadow Fire stands up goes to the door,and says.)Well I am off to set up traps.He sets up mainly the ones used in fox hunting, where the 2 ends snap shut on the leg.and 2 logs tied up to 2 trees and a trip wire holding them apart so when you snap the wire the logs go crash on your head.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 09:07 AM
The captain starts shouting orders to his men to get their swords, that they're about to get a crash course in monster fighting. Two thirds of them in training, the other third watching the walls.

"Minbeja, I'll show you where the stones are being piled up. After you prepare your spells, they'll be stacked and ready for your shaping. The creatures usually come from the south west direction, so I want the wall started there."

"Ryu, I think we can probably get a couple of animal trappers to help you. They don't know how to make traps for monsters, but they do know how to trap small animals, and maybe they'll be able to help you. You will have all the materials we can provide."

OOC LotT, you'll need an hour to re-prepare your spells to Stone Shape spells. If you make the walls 2 inches thick, you'll be able to make 306 square feet of surface space. The walls are 10' tall, so you can cover them for about 30 feet.
OOC Arch, it'll take them 20 minutes to get in formation. After that, roll your Diplomacy twice, DC 20 - once for each hour that you motivate and train this group.
OOC Ryu, roll your Disable Device check. You don't know how to make traps, but maybe you can figure out how to fiddle one together. You'll make a camouflage pit trap at the gates automatically. Depending on how well you roll will decide how many other traps you can make and how good they are.

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 09:31 AM
OOC: you only have a +4 on your Disable Device. Please reroll with the +4 instead of +10.

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 09:39 AM
my diplomacy is 1d20+17 so my first one is 31 and my second one 32:roy:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 09:41 AM
[roll0]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 09:41 AM
OOC: Arch warrior, where are your rolls? You need to post the rolls. Look at the OOC thread for instructions on how to post rolls.

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 09:44 AM
OOC: No asassin, the roll includes the +4 in there. Your total is 7. However you have some trappers helping you.

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 09:48 AM
my mistake it was [roll0] and [roll1]

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 10:06 AM
The morning goes by quickly as you all get to work.

Thane is not used to training groups of people and has a hard time getting the training going well, but after an hour or so the guards learn how they are to work together and the training begins to improve, but slowly.

OOC: No improvement yet.

Minbeja spends an hour frantically concentrating on preparing the Stone Shape spells. But then he is ready. He dodges around the group of farmers frantically digging a pit at the gate and goes outside. Large piles of rocks have been dragged up next to the walls. You pull your sleeves up to begin casting.

OOC: Minbeja, roll your Knowledge Architecture to see how well you make the wall.

Ryu and the six trappers begin working along the southern wall, preparing traps. Ryu hasn't made any traps before - he has always been taking them apart. It's a lot harder to make them. However, the trappers know a few tricks to help him out and by lunch time they have spread fox and wolf traps along the base of the wall and have set up a very crude set of traps that pulls large logs down on top of anyone who tries to climb the wall.

OOC: traps at base of wall are DC 12 Reflex to avoid, 1d6+1 damage and cause half speed and -4 to climb. The logs at the top of the wall are DC 12 Reflex to avoid, cause 1d12 damage, and knock a climbing enemy off the wall.

OOC: Another post is coming. In a couple hours. Stuff will happen. Patience.

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 10:25 AM
While Minbeja is preparing his spells for today, Harlow is going to try and explain to the town's his life story (mostly to tell them that "Him no Pal-of-Dim").

I'm saying that this is both a simple Perform(Banjo) check, as well as an inspire competence song for the people training and such.

Perform(Banjo) check "1d20+12"

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 10:32 AM
Sorry, still getting the hang of the roll system.

Perform(Banjo) [roll0]

Knowledge(Architecture) [roll1]

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 11:01 AM
lets try again on perform [roll0] and on knowledge (architecture) [roll1]

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 11:07 AM
Oh, I forgot. Hanz starts the day helping Thane with swords, so diplomacy [roll0] and the second half of the day he is helping Ryu on troops with his Craft (Trap making) skill so [roll1]

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 11:36 AM
I have just been informed about Harlows song of inspire compitents so I gues that Thane got 22 and 39. and Hanz got 6 and 17.

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 11:56 AM
Minbeja forms the walls into a 2" thick sheet of solid stone that is perfectly molded into the wooden walls behind. For 15 feet on each side of Dyson's western gate, the walls are solid, smooth stone.

Harlow is still viewed with some suspicion, being a Goblin, but his music puts the people more at ease with him, and when he begins playing by the training field, the music lifts the training men's spirits and they throw themselves into the training with renewed enthusiasm.

After two hours of building traps and training the guard, Captain Staffish comes over and interrupts.

"Everyone has been through the training at least once now, and they need to break for a meal. And we don't want them so worn out that they can't fight real monsters."

Food is quickly brought out and everyone is served a loaf of bread and a large slice of meat.

Conversation bubbles up among the guards and villagers who were working with the new sword drills. But before people are able to finish their food, except for a few who had wolfed theirs down, a horn sounds from the western gate.

"Something is coming!" Captain Staffish roars. "Everyone, to your posts!"

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 12:04 PM
Thane runs into the tower on the side that the horn was blown with bow and arrow ready to make the first strike.:roy:

Hanz runs behind the gate ready to attack anything that gets through.:belkar:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 12:28 PM
Minbeja readies a rope trick spell, so some of the people of Dyson can escape up it (mostly those unable to fight):vaarsuvius:

Harlow quickly changes his song to a more "epic-combat" song (Inspire Courage):redcloak:

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 03:08 PM
what is the reflex save for the pit. :belkar:

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 03:12 PM
Then Hanz stands behind the pit in waiting for something to get past it.:belkar:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 03:19 PM
I get ready at the front to wait for something then instantly do a double back flip over the pit when something gets close.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 04:36 PM
As you all run to the western side of town, you can hear some shouts of alarm from the guards on the walls. As you finally reach your goals, it's easy to see why.

Still in the trees over a thousand feet away, stand two creatures whose misshapen heads rise over the trees, at least 30 feet tall. The guards all exclaim their relief as you all run up, giving you exclamations of what they've seen.

"We saw the trees waving, and then those two things burst out, came part way and then went back. They're staying just in the edge of the forest. It looked like they had three arms! It was horrendously ugly and malformed!"

(Roll spot checks.)

the asassin
2013-11-20, 04:42 PM

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 04:42 PM
[roll0]

Whatever these things are, we should probably attack them before they reach the village.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 04:45 PM
Also - if anyone has Knowledge (dungeoneering) you can roll to find out if you recognized the creatures.

the asassin
2013-11-20, 04:55 PM
Silently and mysteriously Ryu goes out to the forest without saying a word. Makes a jesters he points at the forest then his eyes then raises hand above his head and with that he runs off.:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-20, 05:11 PM
Harlow uses his bardic knowledge and Minbeja uses his Alchemist's Lore

[roll0]:vaarsuvius:

[roll1]:redcloak:

the asassin
2013-11-20, 05:18 PM
By then Ryu vanished into the forest(looking for the creature)[roll0]this is for move silently[roll1]listen[roll2]spot:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-11-20, 05:22 PM
[roll0]:roy:

[roll1]:belkar:

WebTiefling
2013-11-20, 10:53 PM
OOC: Wow, great rolls on spots. When you're making a roll, please indicate what that rolls is for. Example: Know(dungeoneering) check: [roll0]

You all pretty quickly realize that the things are creatures you've heard of but certainly never seen before - Athaches. Massive aberrations with three arms, one in the middle of their chest. Incredibly strong and you remember something vague about poison, but you can't remember exactly what.

Ryu starts running across the field, heading toward the forests almost a thousand feet away. When he is about half way across the fields toward the forest, the two Athaches step forward, roaring at the figure in black.

They wave their massive Morningstars and move toward Ryu.

Ryu: You can now see several creatures, a little smaller than the Athach, moving around among the trees. You can't tell what they are, but they are certainly bigger than you and they're trying to stay hidden, very unsuccessfully.

Ryu, they are still several hundred feet away, but they're heading toward you.

the asassin
2013-11-21, 07:30 AM
As Ryu goes to found these abominations he is stopped,and makes taunting movements and insulting there mama,then runs back to the gate does a double front flip,[roll0](for the flip) over the pit that is covered.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 07:52 AM
As the two Athaches lumber after Ryu, the guardsmen on the wall begin to cry out in panic - they've never imagined facing two monsters, each 30 feet tall and so horrendously terrifying of visage.

"What do we do?! How can we fight them?! They'll crush us!"

the asassin
2013-11-21, 08:07 AM
Ryu stops takes a round to aim and hits one in the eye [roll0](but I took a round,and if I remember that is instant kill or because he is not flatfooted maybe its more to hit) then gets ready to take on the entire force(10 feet away behind a clump of traps.):xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 08:18 AM
OOC: They haven't reached the walls yet. Read the description of what's going on. Don't describe what happens until you know if you succeed. And what are you talking about instant kill or anything like that?!?!?!? You rolled a 14. If you're just throwing a ninja star, they are still too far away for you to reach, and a ninja star only does 1d4+2 damage. Certainly not instant kill. You haven't even rolled for damage yet. If you're specially aiming for an eye, then you missed, anyway.

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 08:41 AM
Thane shouts out Archers aim for the head. Then right when they are in range (330 feet) he fires an arrow. [roll0] to hit and [roll1] Normal damage and [roll2] Frost damage. :roy:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 08:43 AM
OOC: AC for these guys is 24. If you aim for a particular point on their body, the AC is 28.

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 08:54 AM
OOC: wait a minute I forgot to add the plus 1 bonus from Harrlows song so I got a 28 to hit and 8 points of normal damage. so all in all I got a hit and did 12 points of damage so yay:roy:

the asassin
2013-11-21, 08:56 AM
Ryu takes aim when there in range [roll0] if hit (eye) [roll1]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-21, 10:36 AM
I use a major image spell to dramatically summon the illusion of a purple worm (or the upper part coming out of the earth at least)

Concentration 1d20+13+1

OOC: Would I make an intimidation check for the illusion to scare them off?

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-21, 10:41 AM
Sorry, I'll try that check again. Concentration [roll0]

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 11:12 AM
The two lumbering monstrosities charge across the open fields surrounding the town. Their footsteps sounding like drumbeats and the ground vibrates as they chase the black figure of Ryu who is racing back to safety.

Thane sees the wavering bravery of the town's defenders and shouts out encouragement and then demonstrates when the Athaches come into range. His loosed arrow zips through the air leaving the faintest trail of fog in its path as the cold enchantment chills the air around it.

The arrow buries itself in the shoulder of one of the beasts, but it lumbers on, roaring out at the bit of pain.

But this is enough to encourage the townsfolk to fire and a ragged hail of arrows flies out.

Captain: attack [roll0] and damage [roll1]
10 regular guards: attack [roll2] (rolls of 19 and 20 are hits, 20s are crits just to simplify rolling) damage [roll3] (each hit is +2 damage)
20 reserve guards: [roll4] (rolls of 20 are hits, no crits) damage [roll5] (each hit is +1 damage)
As the arrows fly out, you see that there are magical, almost invisible shields floating in front of the creatures, and many of the arrows crash against this shield. Only a couple arrows getting through.

Results: Thane: 1 hit 11 damage. Town Guard: 2 hits for 21 damage

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 11:27 AM
OOC: did you remember to add Harlow's song in to the towns roles.:confused:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 11:30 AM
Minbeja then casts his illusion, a gigantic purple worm rearing up from the ground. The two Athach react with surprise and swing their morningstars at the huge enemy that just burst up in front of them.

Ryu sees the distraction and whirls, throwing a ninja star at one of the monster's eyes. The glittering piece of steel whirls through the air and hits an eye! (the first monster has -4 to hit, spot, search, etc since he is half-blinded)

Attacks vs worm AC 19: [roll0] and [roll1]
Then DC 18 Will saves to realize it's an illusion if they hit it: [roll2] and [roll3]

The Athaches maces slam into the illusion, and even though Minbeja keeps the illusion reacting as if it had been hit, they both realize the illusion. However, it did slow them down.

Arch warrior: Yes, I did include the song. They are level 1 and 2 warriors. They are not heavily training fighters.

Ryu: you described yourself running all the way back to town, but they started shooting and casting the illusion while it was still chasing you. I'm changing it so that you are still in the middle of running through the fields and so turned to throw your ninja star. If you want to skip that, and keep on running, let me know.

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 11:34 AM
OOC: We're breaking this down into rounds now.

You guys and the town guards all go before the Athaches. That was round 1.

Starting round 2. The two Athaches are about 300 feet out from the town. Ryu is 50' ahead of the Athaches.

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 11:47 AM
Because There is no way that they could have gone 330 feet in one round Thane Shouts out Keep firing!!!! For Dyson!!! and he takes a full round action. He performs "Blade of Blood" and takes 5 points of damage. His first arrow which goes to there head gets [roll0] doing [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of frost damage. His second arrow which goes to the body ( the 24 AC) gets [roll3] doing [roll4] of normal damage and [roll5] of frost damage. And whichever arrow hit first get [roll6] of "Blade of Blood" damage.:roy:

the asassin
2013-11-21, 11:48 AM
Ryu stops behind what he knows to be a clump of 5 traps:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 12:00 PM
The Captain and Town Guard keep firing arrows flying through the air.

vs AC 24
Captain full round shots: [roll0] and [roll1]
Captain damage: [roll2] and [roll3]
10 Town Guardsmen: [roll4] (19 or 20 hits, 20 crits for simplicity)
10 Guardsmen damage: [roll5] (+2 damage per hit)
20 Town reserve: [roll6] (20 hits, no crits)
20 Reserve damage: [roll7] (+1 damage per hit)
Result: 3 hits for 16 damage

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-21, 12:04 PM
Minbeja casts true strike on Thane

What cannot see you cannot hurt you. Do you get the picture?:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 12:17 PM
OOC: My lunch break is almost over. After this post it will be a few hours.

The Athach roared at the tiny black figure who had dared to hurt its eye. It runs after the figure and grins horribly when the black figure suddenly stops. It will crush the tiny thing!

But just as it raises one of its morningstars, several things happen. It feels arrows hit it, including one that hits its forehead, tearing a ragged gash across its forehead, blood instantly pouring down into its eyes. (20% miss chance for hard to see out of its good eye)

It also feels a biting pain in its foot as something stabs into it.

Trap: +8 attack vs AC 17. [roll0] (6) damage.

It still swings down at the tiny creature in front of it.

Miss chance: [roll1] (a 1 misses entirely)
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

But it was jolted off balance by the surprise pain in its foot and by the blood covering its eyes. Its massive morningstar smashes down into the ground nearly 5 feet away from where Ryu stands, luring it toward the traps.

The other Athach continues running toward the town, leaving its companion to deal with the tiny black enemy. It sprints forward, covering over half the distance to the town with its massive strides.

Arrows from the town guard pepper it, a few striking, but it ignores the tiny bites. (it covers 140 feet this round, 160 feet to go before it reaches the town)

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 12:33 PM
OOC: Oh, and with all the other stuff going on, everyone also roll a Spot check, DC 25.

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-21, 01:10 PM
[roll0]:vaarsuvius:

[roll1]:redcloak:

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 01:34 PM
I forgot to mention that in the last round Hanz had gone looking for a longbow so he can do something till they get hear. Now for spot checks.

[roll0]:roy:

[roll1]:belkar:

the asassin
2013-11-21, 02:50 PM
Ryu spot [roll0]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 03:37 PM
OOC: Thank you Ryu for indicating what the roll was for. +1 xp.

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 04:34 PM
Adventurers true, none of you have become so focused on the immediate threat that you have lost track of other threats.

From the forest edge, you see large forms - not as large as the two Athaches in front of you, but still large. They are nearly a thousand feet away still, across the open fields surrounding Dyson, but there are five of them running toward the town, apparently hoping the Athaches would serve as distraction enough to keep them from being seen until they got closer.

They are moving awkwardly, though, and not very quickly. You estimate it will be at least a minute before they reach the town at the rate they are going.

OOC:
Starting Round 3!
Ryu, you are about 10 feet away from the half-blinded Athach (we'll call him Athach 1), and about 210 feet from the town walls.

Thane, you have True Strike on you.

Athach 2 is about 160 feet from the wall. It can run about 140 feet per round.

the asassin
2013-11-21, 05:45 PM
Ryu attacks the half blinded abomination in the other eye [roll0] if a hit [roll1]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-21, 06:22 PM
OOC: we'll I guess that technically cast true strike on myself, since it is a personal range :spellsmallbiggrin:.

Minbeja goes on to hit Athach 2 in the eye. [roll0], for the damage [roll1]:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 06:29 PM
OOC: the true strike Ben cast would only affect him.

Now, Thane uses quick cast and does "True Strike" and the Does "Blade of Blood" again (so he takes 5 points of damage). Thane then shoots his two arrows. The first goes for his throat at [roll0] and does [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of frost damage and [roll3] blade of blood. his second goes to the Body (the AC 24) and hits for [roll4] and dose [roll5] of normal and [roll6] of frost.:roy:

Now, if Hanz found a longbow he is firing it at the things body and gets [roll7] and does [roll8] and he gets a second one at [roll9] and if it hit did [roll10] of damage.:belkar:

Arch warrior
2013-11-21, 07:44 PM
I just realized that I forgot to mention that my arrows hit Athach 2:smalleek:

WebTiefling
2013-11-21, 11:35 PM
OOC: Hanz only gets one shot because he had to be moving to get the bow and arrow.

OOC: True Strike normally takes one Standard Action to cast. Minbeja cast it on himself last round so his shot goes normally. However, Thane should have needed to spend a round casting True Strike (no shooting that round) before using its effect to shoot. Since I didn't catch that until just now, I'll let it pass, but keep it in mind for the future.

Moments before, Hanz had leapt down, looking for a bow. A young man, perhaps 15, had been nearly frozen in fear at the sight of the massive monster charging his position.

Hanz skidded past the youth on the loose dirt, yanking the bow from his arms and an arrow from his quiver before the boy knew what happened.

"You do it like this!," Hanz roared. As he skidded to a stop, he notched and loosed the arrow in one swift movement, the arrow flying out and burying itself in the massive creature's chest. "Now make yourself useful! Start handing me arrows!"

Thane sacrificed his own body, empowering his arrows with his own lifeblood. It was his life being sacrificed to keep this monster from slaying the villagers here. There was 30 feet and 30 tons of destruction charging and he was there to stop it.

The arrows sang a song of blood and ice as they split the air. The magic the True Strike made everything move almost in slow motion, the Athach's throat seeming as wide as a barn and he saw the arrow on its way, burying itself in the creature's throat to it's fletchings.

His perceptions snapped back to normal and with the speed of thought he sent another arrow cutting through the air following the first and this time burying itself in the creature's chest.

Any sane person would have been worried to have a morningstar the size of a horse smash down merely feet away, burying itself five feet deep in the dirt. Had it hit him, he would have been turned into a red smear.

Ryu barely blinked. Was he insane, then?

He hopped up onto the gigantic weapon as the massive creature lifted it back up. Ryu was flung into the air, turning a graceful and leisurely flip in the air in front of the giant's face.

The giant could barely see - one eye blinded and the other with blood in it, but he did notice the person flipping up in front of his face. His one good eye widened in astonishment.

Ryu reached the top of his spin and hung in mid air for a quick moment, savoring the giant's stunned expression. And then his arm whipped forward, a blur of black and a shining steel star darted from his hand.

The giant began to blink. Began to jerk his head back, but he was far too slow. The tiny ninja star hit his eye and the giant dropped his three massive morningstars and covered his face, howling in pain.

Ryu landed in a crouch. He wasn't even breathing hard.

A fly's wings flapped down.

Minbeja's brilliant mind spun faster than ever, swiftly tallying up how quickly they were hurting the immediate threat, and how quickly it was closing on them. He didn't like how the equation was coming out. They were peppering it with the equivalent of bee stings and if it reached them there would be dozens of deaths.

So change the equation.

His spells were considered. Lots of damage, enough to eventually kill the monster, but 'eventually' would be too late for dozens of lives.

Minbeja decided.

The fly began to flap its wings back up.

He cast a spell of True Strike on himself as the other fighters send more volleys of arrows at the creature, barely stinging it.

He wasn't the physical warrior of his companions, but he was still good with a bow. Good enough, he hoped. It might miss and do nothing, but it might hit and change the equation. It was better odds than the certainty of the creature reaching the town shortly to begin killing dozens.

His hand grasped an arrow, the spell magically enhancing his every sense - the creature almost moving in slow motion to his enhanced senses. With what seemed like all the time in the world, he pulled the arrow from his quiver, calmly notched it, drew it back, and loosed it.

It went sailing out at over 140 miles per hour. Minbeja's mind had calculated its trajectory and the bobbing of the giant's body as it ran. Before the arrow had gone 15 feet, Minbeja began to smile.

Just as he had calculated, the arrow buried itself in the outside corner of the giant's eye and it jerked its head in pain, now unable to see at all from that eye.

There, that changed the equation.

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 12:02 AM
The Athach in front of Ryu yelled out, covering its face with its hands. It was entirely blind now, both eyes wounded. It stomped the ground several times hoping to crush the little being who had visited so much pain on it, but it was stomping blindly.

Chance of stomping in the space where Ryu is: [roll0] (8 is in Ryu's space)
If in Ryu's space 50% miss chance: [roll1] (2 hits Ryu)
If hits, roll the attack vs Ryu AC of 29: [roll2]
If hits, roll damage: [roll3]

Ryu, you get an attack of opportunity on him - one attack vs AC 23.

Ryu, after this, all your attacks against it are Sneak Attacks!

The Athach heading toward the town slows down, wiping at its blinded eye, weaving a little as it has a hard time seeing clearly.

It moves forward 70 feet. It is within 90 feet of the town walls.

Round 4!
Go for it!
The town guards are all shooting at the closest Athach.
vs AC 23
Captain full round shots: [roll4] and [roll5]
Captain damage: [roll6] and [roll7]
10 Town Guardsmen: [roll8] (18-20 hits, 20 crits)
10 Guardsmen damage: [roll9] (+2 damage per hit)
20 Town reserve: [roll10] (19-20 hits, 20 crits)
20 Reserve damage: [roll11] (+1 damage per hit)

Arch warrior
2013-11-22, 06:30 AM
OOC: Thane used his once a day ability to quicken it.

Thane uses "Blade of Blood" yet again. he fires his arrows. The first one going to it's eye got a [roll0] and did [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of frost. the second one, which is just going to hit it, got [roll3] and [roll4] of normal damage and [roll5] of frost.:roy:

Hanz, seeing that the beast is close, goes around the trap and strait towards the monster.:belkar:

Arch warrior
2013-11-22, 06:31 AM
Oh yay, the Blade of Blood did [roll0] of damage.

the asassin
2013-11-22, 07:52 AM
Ryu jumps up to it does [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] if hits [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] sneak attak ->[roll6] How would I use posin:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 09:44 AM
OOC: Ryu, only your middle attack hit, but it is a potential crit. Here is the roll to see if you confirm the crit: [roll0] (a total of 19 or better confirms the crit). Also, your sneak attack does 3d6 extra damage, not just 1d6. Here are the extra 2d6 of damage: [roll1].

OOC: Good keeping track of which roll is which everybody! With all these rolls it can get complicated.

OOC: You don't have any Poisons, Ryu. If you did have some, you would spend a round to put it on your blade and the next hit you did with that blade would poison it. It would roll a Fortitude sage to resist the poison.

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 12:17 PM
OOC: Ryu also gets his Attack of Opportunity. It's just a single attack. You rolled for a full attack, which is fine, but you also get an Attack of Opportunity. We're waiting for Minbeja's action this round.

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-22, 12:33 PM
I use my dimension door ability to get nearer to the monsters in the distance. If I am close enough to use it, I hit the one closest to me with a magic missile [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 01:20 PM
I use my dimension door ability to get nearer to the monsters in the distance. If I am close enough to use it, I hit the one closest to me with a magic missile [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

OOC: The one who is charging the city? He's only 90 feet away. You can nail him with MM from where you are. The one blindly stomping around out near Ryu (Athach 1) is within Dim Door range, but you can't cast two spells in the same round (without special situations).

OOC: Since you rolled your MM, I'll assume you stayed on the wall and hit the one charging the city (Athach 2).

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-22, 01:25 PM
OOC: I was talking about the smaller monsters that are presumably using the athaches as a distraction.

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 01:30 PM
OOC: I was talking about the smaller monsters that are presumably using the athaches as a distraction.

OOC: Ahhh, I see. Yes, they're just barely in range if you use DD to its maximum range toward them, and then next round fire off a MM. Is that what you want to do?

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 01:33 PM
And here is Ryu's Att of Opp: to hit [roll0] vs AC 19. Confirm Crit (if necessary): [roll1]. Then damage: [roll2]

edit: Miss.

WebTiefling
2013-11-22, 09:45 PM
Ryu takes a quick slash at the Athach stomping blindly around, but the blade does not make it through the thick skin. That doesn't stop him though and he lets loose with a Flurry of Blows at the monster. While some strikes can't get through the thick skin, one does, biting deep behind the knee.

Thane again pays in blood, but the arrow goes wide. Grimacing in pain, he fires off another arrow, this one burying itself deep in the creatures stomach.

Emboldened by the stumbling creature, the guardsmen fire off with more excitement and the creature is covered with arrows like rain.

It groans in pain, for even bee stings can eventually take something down and it has arrows sprouting from its body like porcupine quills. It gives up its charge toward the city and turns its back, covers its head with its arms and begins running away, clumsily dodging from side to side, trying to make itself harder to hit.

OOC: It takes Total Defense action - its AC is now 27.

Minbeja sees that the creature is no longer a threat to the city and decides to take the fight to the Large creatures that are coming along behind the Athaches. With a word and gesture, Minbeja disappears from sight and pops into existence again over 600 feet toward the coming figures.

Arch warrior
2013-11-23, 07:52 AM
Hanz should have made it to the creature by now, if so he does his attack on the creature. swords drone his first one got and did [roll1] normal damage and [roll]1d6] fire. Next one got [roll2] and did [roll3] normal damage [roll4] of fire. Then one that [roll5] and did [roll6] of normal damage and [roll7] fire. And the last one did [roll8] and did [roll9] of normal damage and [roll10] of fire.:belkar:

Thane shall be running to the nearest monsters now.:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-11-23, 07:55 AM
hit number two is a possible Crit so [roll0] and if it hit then He did 22 points of normal damage and 3 points of fire.

Arch warrior
2013-11-23, 08:06 AM
I forgot to include the bard song (that is if I am still if rang) so I got a 23 on my confirm crit and ether way my base normal hit was 12 points of normal damage.

WebTiefling
2013-11-23, 08:39 PM
The guards all cheer wildly as the gigantic Athach turned and began to run away. The Captain cheered with them until he saw Hanz running out and attacking the fleeting Athach, he yelled out, "Don't stop! Keep firing! Don't let it escape!"

The guards all quickly pulled their arrows out and began firing, though hitting the massive creature now that it was zig-zagging was a bit more difficult and many of the arrows missed entirely.

None of them hit except on a natural 20. No crits. 30 shots.
[roll0]
Damage (all plus 1 damage):
[roll1]

The few arrows that did hit, merely glanced off its magical shield, its armor, or stuck in its thick skin without doing any damage.

Arch warrior
2013-11-23, 09:54 PM
If Thane made it to Athach he will hit in a full round attack starting with [roll0] and did [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of Holy damage. And a second attack of [roll3] and did [roll4] and did normal damage and [roll5] of Holy damage.:roy:

Hanz had made his full round attack starting with [roll6] with his right handed sword and did [roll7] and [roll8] of fire damage. Then with his left he got [roll9] and did [roll10] and [roll11] of frost. Then with his right did [roll12] and did [roll13] and [roll14] of fire damage. And finally with his left he got [roll15] and did [roll16] and [roll17] of frost.:belkar:

OOC: If I am out of range of Harlows Bard song Please let me know.

WebTiefling
2013-11-24, 12:17 AM
If Thane made it to Athach he will hit in a full round attack starting with [roll0] and did [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of Holy damage. And a second attack of [roll3] and did [roll4] and did normal damage and [roll5] of Holy damage.:roy:

Hanz had made his full round attack starting with [roll6] with his right handed sword and did [roll7] and [roll8] of fire damage. Then with his left he got [roll9] and did [roll10] and [roll11] of frost. Then with his right did [roll12] and did [roll13] and [roll14] of fire damage. And finally with his left he got [roll15] and did [roll16] and [roll17] of frost.:belkar:

OOC: If I am out of range of Harlows Bard song Please let me know.

OOC: Thane is not able to run all the way to catch up this round. The Athach was 90 away from the wall when it started running away. Then it walked 70 further away - 160 feet total. You can run 120 feet per round. Next round it will move 70 more feet to 230 away from town. You'll be able to run up to 240 feet away from the town which means you won't be able to attack it that round (you spent most of it running), but you will be able to attack it on the third round.

OOC: Hanz can only get one attack in since he has to spend part of the round running to keep up with the Athach, so he missed this round.

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-24, 03:55 PM
OOC: Just a reminder, Minbeja's using MM on the small monster that's closest to him and did 12 points of damage.

the asassin
2013-11-25, 12:31 PM
Ryu attacks 1[roll0] 2[roll1] 3[roll2] if any damage 1[roll3] 2[roll4] 3[roll5]

sneak attacks 1[roll6] 2[roll7] 3[roll8] 4[roll9]:xykon:

the asassin
2013-11-25, 12:32 PM
sneak attack damage [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]:xykon:

the asassin
2013-11-25, 12:34 PM
Total of 36:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-25, 03:45 PM
OOC: asassin -- Your first two hits hit, the first threatened a critical, but didn't confirm. However, your sneak attack damage is an extra 3d6. So your total damage is sword(1d6) + Str+1(3) + Sneak Attack(3d6) = 4d6+3 damage per sneak attack.

Here are the rolls for that: attack 1: [roll0] and attack 2: [roll1]

Total of 41 damage.

WebTiefling
2013-11-25, 04:09 PM
Hanz's sword hacks at the legs and thighs of the giant creature, but his sword doesn't penetrate the thickened skin. Getting a clean blow at an Athach that is trundling away is tough. Thane continues racing after the fleeing creature, trying to catch it to help take it down. It continues stumbling away, trying to cover itself from the attacks that rain down on it.

(OOC: one more round of running to catch up, then you can take a single attack per round as you chase it, or you could stop running and try to shoot it again with a full attack. Hanz also only gets a single attack per round as he chases it.)

Ryu Shadow Fire dances around the stomping monster, effortlessly dodging its blind stomps. His swords slash back and forth - he is able to pick his spots and each slash bites deeply, doing heavy damage.

It gives up trying to stomp the ninja and starts to run away, but it is blind and moves very slowly.

(OOC: Ryu, you get 1 attack of opportunity (no sneak attack) as it tries to get away. Then, if you want to chase it, you get one more attack (with sneak attack!) each round as you chase it. Its AC is 23.)

The Captain and the guardsmen all fire at the Athach running from Hanz and Thane.
Attacks: [roll0] (only 20s hit no crits)
Damage: [roll1] (each hit +1 damage)
The arrows from the town walls sleet through the air and again mostly miss, but the the massive creature cannot withstand even the few that do get through and it stumbles, catching itself on its hands and crawling a few yards before collapsing.

Minbeja casts magic missiles at the Large creatures trundling toward him across the fields. However, these creatures also have Shields in front of them and the magic missiles hit the shields and disappear. The horrendous creatures wave their massive hooks in the air and give out horrible hisses as they look forward to closing with the wizard.

(OOC: They are 100' away moving at 80' per round. You can run up to 60' and still cast. Or you can run the whole round and move 120' per round.)

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-25, 05:04 PM
I cast protection from evil on myself.:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-11-25, 05:11 PM
If the Athach is dead then Thane and Hanz are running to help Minbeja. If it is alive then Thane is running in to attack it and Hanz makes an attack (because it dose is not running anymore Hanz is making a full round attack) 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3] and the damage was 1 [roll4] norm [roll5] fire, 2 [roll6] norm and [roll7] frost, 3 [roll8] norm and [roll9] fire, 4 [roll10] norm and [roll11] frost.

WebTiefling
2013-11-25, 05:13 PM
OOC: With Hanz's attack it is now fully dead. Thane is free to act however.

Arch warrior
2013-11-25, 05:15 PM
Attack number 2 was a possible crit, so [roll0] and if it made it then I have a x2 on crit.:belkar:

Arch warrior
2013-11-25, 05:20 PM
Thane fires an arrow at one of Minbeja's attackers at [roll0] and did [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of frost. After that Thane spends the rest of the round running to the same creatures.:roy:

the asassin
2013-11-26, 09:55 AM
Ryu sees the coward fleeing and attacks opportunity[roll0] normal [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]sneak [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

attacks opportunity [roll8] normal [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] sneak [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] any crits go off this for confirming it [roll16]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-11-26, 10:47 AM
OOC: Remember asassin - your sneak attacks are 3d6. Just a straight 3d6 without any bonuses. Regardless, you did manage to hurt it and kill it. All the way dead.

WebTiefling
2013-11-26, 10:56 AM
Minbeja prepares himself for a fight of the more physical type, calling on protections against evil beings. The horrors continue lumbering toward him, each 10 feet tall with massive hooks for hands and vicious looking mouths full of ragged teeth.

However, they slow down momentarily attracted by something happening behind Minbeja, toward the direction of the town. They seem somewhat unsure. They call to each other in a gutteral language of clicks and screeches, slowing to a walk about 40 feet in front of Minbeja.

Ryu feels the ground shake as the massive Athach finally tumbles to the ground, bleeding from a dozen wounds, its legs drenched in black blood as it bleeds out.

Hanz puts a finishing blow to the other Athach, and looks after Thane as Thane charges to face the oncoming monsters.

The townsfolk cheer as the Athaches finally collapse, but it dies away as they see the six horrendous creatures further out.

OOC: Hook horrors are about 320 feet away from the forest, 40 feet in front of Minbeja. Thane, Hanz, and Ryu are each about 300 feet away from the town and about 380 feet away from the oncoming horrors.

Arch warrior
2013-11-26, 12:17 PM
Hanz and Thane spend this round running to the Hook horrors.

LordotTrinkets
2013-11-26, 01:12 PM
Minbeja shoots a lightning bolt and tries to fit as many of the horrors into the range. [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-12-02, 09:03 AM
OOC:are the hook horrors in range of me:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-02, 09:07 AM
No, you'll need to run towards them for two rounds to get there. On the third round you can do attacks.

the asassin
2013-12-02, 09:36 AM
OOC:I will take 2 rounds then will I be able to hit one with a star thrower.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-02, 09:49 AM
The Hook Horrors have paused in their lumbering charge as the two Athaches fall to the ground. A moment of glances back and forth among them. The magic missiles had splashed harmlessly off their shields. The three fighters, having finished with the Athaches are charging their way. What should they do?

Minbeja opens up with a Lightning Bolt, zapping three of them with an actinic blast of light.

As the bar of lightning fades away, a call comes out from the woods behind the Horrors. A screech and clicking, and the Horrors surge forward again.

This time they are not charging straight across the field, but are all angling toward the wizard who just hurt some of them.

(they close 20' of distance - they're only 20' in front of Minbeja now)

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-02, 10:12 AM
Minbeja cast Flaming Sphere and hit the horror nearest himself.:vaarsuvius:
Harlow's having fun making stick figures, since there really isn't anything else he can do now.:redcloak:

Arch warrior
2013-12-02, 11:12 AM
Hanz is running at them.:belkar:

Thane fires an arrow doing at [roll0] and did [roll1] of normal damage and [roll2] of frost, the he moves forward for the rest of the round.:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-12-02, 07:22 PM
The arrow from Thane thuds into the Hook Horror nearest Minbeja and it squeals in pain, but it doesn't distract it from it's target - the little human.

A ball of fire pops into being right in front of it and it can't stop in time, getting seared by the flames.
[roll0]
But as wounded as it was, it and the two other Hook Horrors piled in toward the little man, giving everything they had to attack.

Hanz and Ryu continued racing across the fields.

vs Minbeja's AC of 18
Charge Power Attack: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]
Charge Power Attack: [roll3]. Damage: [roll4]
Charge Power Attack: [roll5]. Damage: [roll6]

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-02, 08:25 PM
.........RUN AWAY!!!!!!!...........:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-12-02, 08:35 PM
Hanz is now in range of attack and does his four attacks. 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3]. The damage is for 1 [roll4] and [roll5] fire, 2 [roll6] and [roll7] fire, 3 [roll8] and [roll9] fire, 4 [roll10] and [roll11] fire.:belkar:

Thane fires another arrow at [roll12] and did [roll13] and [roll14] frost. He also runs forward a bit.:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-02, 08:40 PM
Attack number 1 was a possible Crite so [roll0]:belkar:

the asassin
2013-12-03, 08:19 AM
Ryu throws a star thrower [roll0] [roll1] if hits

[roll2] [roll3]

OOC:I added strength onto the normal plus damage.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-03, 11:36 PM
Minbeja staggers back, his entire body suddenly ripped to shreds as their massive hooks buried themselves in his body and then viciously ripped back out.

While his mind was recovering from the massive wall of pain that flooded over him, his instincts had no doubt as to what should happen. RUN!

Hanz charges forward slashing at the most obviously wounded Horror, and stabbed deeply into its guts, pulling his sword back out with a twist, slicing even further and pulling out with a spill of intestines.

An arrow and flashing piece of steel bury themselves in another of the Horrors as the remaining three horrors join the two still standing to attack.

I don't know what Hanz's AC is.
3 Horrors Charge Power Attack:
[roll0]. Damage: [roll1]
[roll2]. Damage: [roll3]
[roll4]. Damage: [roll5]
2 Horrors Full Power Attack
#1 Attacks: [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
#1 Damage: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
#2 Attacks: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
#2 Damage: [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-04, 08:53 AM
OOC: I'm guaranteed to go were-rat after all that, so I guess that the direction I run in depends on my sanity.

Arch warrior
2013-12-04, 09:30 AM
Only the 14 damage was enough to hit Hanz. Hanz goes into Rage so his HP is 62. Hanz attacks 1 , 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3]. Damage was 1 [roll4] and [roll5] fire, 2 [roll6] and [roll]1d6[fire, 3 [roll7] and [roll8] fire, 4 [roll9] and [roll10] fire.:belkar:

Thane fires an arrow at [roll11] and did [roll12] and [roll13] frost. he spends the rest of the round running toward the enemy.:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-04, 09:32 AM
Attack number 3 was a possible Crit so [roll0]

WebTiefling
2013-12-04, 01:45 PM
OOC: I'm guaranteed to go were-rat after all that, so I guess that the direction I run in depends on my sanity.

OOC: I assumed that was the case. However, you should still roll it. The DC is 25, so you have a chance to control it. (I run it as DC of damage up to 25.)

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-04, 02:52 PM
OOC: Ok then

[roll]1d20+11[roll/]:Vaarsuvius:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-04, 02:53 PM
:smallredface: Sorry...
[roll0]

the asassin
2013-12-04, 03:50 PM
Ryu attacks again [roll0] [roll1]damage[roll2] [roll3] strength included:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-04, 04:28 PM
Minbeja struggles as his rat form screeches in a panic, trying to rise to the surface of his mind and flee, but Minbeja forces down the reaction and continues running away from the Horrors.

OOC: You are now 240 feet away from them. Two rounds of running. Don't forget you have a Flaming Sphere still sitting there.

Hanz wades into the surrounding Horrors, swords flashing. Another of the wounded Horrors fall, and a third is wounded by his swords. An arrow flashes by, missing everyone, but a shiny star of steel buries itself in the shoulder of a Horror.

OOC: Thane and Ryu - you are both close enough to join directly in the fight with 1 attack each next turn. The turn after that, you can do your regular full attacks. Next round their AC is only 20 since they are flanked.

The Horrors yell out as another of their number falls and the remaining four surround Hanz, giant claws ripping and clawing at him.

Hanz's AC is 22.
4 Horrors Full Power Attack
#1 Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
#1 Damage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
#2 Attacks: [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
#2 Damage: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
#3 Attacks: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
#3 Damage: [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]
#4 Attacks: [roll18] [roll19] [roll20]
#4 Damage: [roll21] [roll22] [roll23]

Two of them manage to get through Hanz's armor as Hanz rages, and get in nasty tears on his back and side.

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-04, 05:45 PM
Concentration (to keep the flaming sphere going) [roll0]
If that goes well : Flaming sphere - [roll1]:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-12-04, 06:10 PM
OOC: Hanz is now at 31HP

Hanz attacks, first two power attack 3. 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3]. Damage 1 [roll4] and [roll5], 2 [roll6] and [roll7], 3 [roll8] and [roll9], 4 [roll10] and [roll11].:belkar:

Thane cast's "Scorching Ray" at two monsters. Touch attack [roll12] and [roll13]. They did [roll14] and [roll15] fire damage.:roy:

the asassin
2013-12-04, 06:48 PM
Ryu attacks again [roll0] [roll1] damage [roll2] [roll3]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-04, 09:56 PM
OOC: Ryu only gets one attack on that last round (it missed), remember. In the NEXT round he'll get his full round of attacks. Minbeja, you don't need to concentrate to keep it going, it just sits there burning until you tell it to move. It will expire in 3 rounds, though.

WebTiefling
2013-12-04, 11:02 PM
Minbeja stops and turns around now that he is safely away from the creatures. He gestures with a snarl and the Flaming Sphere answers his mental command and rolls it into the back of a Horror, eliciting a shriek of surprised pain.

Encouraged even though he is bleeding heavily, Hanz puts more strength into his swings, making powerful, sweeping strikes, but the Horrors see his motions and dodge his strikes.

Ryu arrives behind one and swings his sword, but it as it dodges Hanz' strike it also accidentally dodges Ryu's strike.

It is Thane who comes from behind, lighting his sword with magical flames that leap out to scorch two Hook Horrors.

OOC: Hanz and Ryu get an EXTRA attack on the one that is running away - an Attack of Opportunity vs AC 20. This is an extra attack. Still ALSO do your regular full attacks.

For one of them, this is enough, it has been battered and burned beyond its endurance and it turns to flee. One turns on Thane and the remaining two continue to attack Hanz with renewed ferocity.

#1 Hook Horror turning to flee
1 Hook Horror attacking Thane of AC 22:
#2 Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
#2 Damage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

2 Hook Horrors Power Attacking Hanz
#3 Attacks: [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
#3 Damage: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
#4 Attacks: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
#4 Damage: [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]

WebTiefling
2013-12-04, 11:04 PM
AC 22 to confirm[roll0]
The Hook Horrors eagerness betrays them as their frantic attacks on Hanz mostly go wild with hooks slashing about and teeth gnashing on air or glancing off armor.

However one hook does land, dealing another nasty wound to Hanz, this time on his cheek back to his ear, ripping a nasty gash.

An arrow lands thirty feet past them, coming from the direction of the town behind them in a long arc.

OOC: No crit on Hanz, but he takes 17 more damage. Just out of curiosity, are you including his rage's +4 Str to give him +2 to hit and to damage? Just wanted to make sure nothing was getting left out.

the asassin
2013-12-05, 08:57 AM
DAD>=( remember I said I was taking 2 rounds of running then star thrower I said that OOC:sorry if I am grumpy but I just woke up and need to get somewhere in 10 minutes and had a horrible night of sleep:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-12-05, 09:02 AM
OOC: yes, Hanz's Rage bonus is included. He is now at 25HP.

Hanz attack of opportunity was a power attack 4, [roll0] did [roll1] and [roll2].
Hanz's regular attack with power attack 3, 1 [roll3], 2 [roll4], 3 [roll5], 4 [roll6]. and did 1 [roll7] and [roll8] fire, 2 [roll9] and [roll10] fire, 3 [roll11] and [roll12] fire, 4 [roll13] and [roll14] fire.:belkar:

Thane makes his one attack at [roll15] and did [roll16] and [roll17] Holy and "Shocking Grasp" [roll18]:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-05, 09:10 AM
Hanz attack number 1 was a Crit so [roll0] and if the power attack affected it then subtract 3.

WebTiefling
2013-12-05, 09:49 AM
remember I said I was taking 2 rounds of running then star thrower I said that:xykon:
OOC: You said you would run two rounds and then throw, but you didn't. You ran one round, and then on the next round you typed you threw a star. While you are moving, you can only do one attack per round. Last round you ran the last 80 feet and did one attack when you were right behind them. Now you can do your full attacks with your swords.

Hanz attack of opportunity was a power attack 4.....
OOC: You can't Power Attack an attack of opportunity (AOO), so it actually hit.

OOC: Ryu, do your attacks - an attack of opportunity and your regular series of sword attacks if that's what you want to do.

the asassin
2013-12-05, 02:12 PM
Ryu attacks [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] opportunity [roll4]

for damage [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] opportunity [roll9]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-05, 02:37 PM
Flaming Sphere [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-12-05, 04:52 PM
OOC: asassin - those should all be sneak attacks since you are flanking them. Here are the extra sneak attack damage rolls for the two attacks that did hit.
[roll0] + [roll1]

WebTiefling
2013-12-05, 10:36 PM
The four heroes slash with their swords and burn with their magic. Thane's blade misses, but both Hanz and Ryu deliver deadly blows with their swords.

The hook horrors turned and each focused on one of the physical attackers.

On Ryu AC 29:
attack: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
dmage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

On Thane AC 22:
attack: [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
dmage: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

On Hanz AC 22:
attack: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
dmage: [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]

The Hook Horrors seem startled and 'off' for their attacks. Half their number have been hacked down. Another arrow zips by, this time close enough to one that it distracts it slightly, enough that it misses Hanz by a huge amount.

A cry calls out from the forest behind the Horrors and three Fiendish Large Centipedes pop into existence about 200 feet away and start running toward the fight, their black bodies rippling as their hundreds of legs flash along.

They get to about 20 feet away by the start of your next turn.

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-06, 08:42 AM
Flaming Sphere [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-12-06, 08:45 AM
Ryu attacks the one in front of him [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] damage [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-12-06, 09:02 AM
Hanz still attacks the Horrors, first attack is power attack 3. 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3]. Damage 1 [roll4] and [roll5] fire, 2 [roll6] and [roll7] fire, 3 [roll8] and [roll9] fire, 4 [roll10] and [roll11] fire.:belkar:

Thane also attacked the Horrors [roll12] and [roll13]. And did [roll14] and [roll15] Holy. And the other one did [roll16] and [roll17] Holy.:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-06, 09:03 AM
Thane's second attack was a possible Crit so [roll0].

WebTiefling
2013-12-06, 09:37 AM
OOC: assassin, your attack that hit was a potential crit. Here's the roll to confirm. Need to get to 22 or better. [roll0]

WebTiefling
2013-12-06, 09:38 AM
OOC: And a second crit! Rolling again to crit the crit. [roll0]

WebTiefling
2013-12-06, 09:55 AM
Hanz is losing focus from the massive blood loss and his sword strikes become increasingly erratic, missing and glancing off every time.

Minbeja's Flaming Sphere burns the one fighting Hanz and then blinks out of existence, the spell's duration expired. He sees the captain of the town run past him toward the fight, notching another arrow on the run.

Ryu manages to get a very solid slice into the one he is fighting, and Thane grievously wounds the one he is fighting.

With that the centipedes are upon them, ten feet of massive insect jumping onto the three front line fighters, trying to drag them down to the ground.

The Horrors all give a final slash, and then pull back, beginning to trundle back towards the forest. Three more Large Fiendish Centipedes pop into existence, close this time and pile in on the heroes.

Two centipedes trying to grapple Ryu (AC 16), and one slash from the retreating Hook Horror (AC 29).
Centipedes' touch attack: [roll0] [roll1]
Centipedes' grapple roll: [roll2] [roll3]
Hook Horror's slash: [roll4] and damage [roll5]

Two centipedes trying to grapple Hanz (AC 11), and one slash from the retreating Hook Horror (AC 22).
Centipedes' touch attack: [roll6] [roll7]
Centipedes' grapple roll: [roll8] [roll9]
Hook Horror's slash: [roll10] and damage [roll11]

Two centipedes trying to grapple Thane (AC 14), and one slash from the retreating Hook Horror (AC 22).
Centipedes' touch attack: [roll12] [roll13]
Centipedes' grapple roll: [roll14] [roll15]
Hook Horror's slash: [roll16] and damage [roll17]

OOC: Ryu, one managed to get a hold on you. Roll your grapple check against it. It's 1d20+ your highest base attack bonus (+6 for you) and your strength (+2 for you) for a total of +8: 1d20+8. You need to beat 25.

OOC: Hanz got grappled by two of them. He needs to roll like Ryu, but twice. He needs to beat 15 and 24.

OOC: Thane, both of the centipedes missed you. You get a free attack of opportunity against the Hook Horror that is running away from you.

OOC: Everyone -- it isn't your turn yet, we're still rolling through the grappling.

WebTiefling
2013-12-06, 10:05 AM
vs Hanz's AC of 22. [roll0]

OOC: Ok, no crit on Hanz, so he just took 13 damage.

Arch warrior
2013-12-06, 10:34 AM
Hanz is down to 12HP

Hnaz's Grapple check and [roll]1s20+12.:belkar:

Thane's attack of opportunity is [roll1] and did [roll2] and [roll3] Holy. If hit "Shocking Grasp" [roll4].:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-06, 10:36 AM
:smallredface: sorry about grapple number two. It was [roll0].

Arch warrior
2013-12-06, 05:14 PM
OOC: We can do DND tomorrow so when and were would be good for you.

WebTiefling
2013-12-09, 12:51 PM
Ryu attacks hi ya [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] damage [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] critz go off this [roll8]:xykon:

OOC: No you don't attack. Read what has happened - you are being grappled and it's still their turn. Roll a grapple check against the centipede trying to tackle you down. It's a 1d20+8 and you need to beat 25.

the asassin
2013-12-09, 01:05 PM
OOC:Ok =)

WebTiefling
2013-12-09, 01:30 PM
The three remaining Hook Horrors are lumbering back toward the forest, and the centipedes are swarming you all, two of them each trying to grab you and drag you down.

The two attacking Thane completely miss. The two attacking Hanz grab on at first, but he shrugs them off. Of the two attacking Ryu, one manages to wrap it's body around him and bites him.

Ryu is grappled and takes [roll0] damage.

The captain finally reaches you all, and Charges the centipede that has grappled Ryu.

Charge vs AC 12: [roll1] for damage [roll2].

And the captain's sword chops a huge chunk off that centipede. Even as it drops off of Ryu, it disappears back into the magic from which it was summoned.

Ryu is now free. Everyone is available to act as they please. Thane and Hanz each have two medium-sized Fiendish Centipedes next to them. The Horrors are lumbering away, 40 feet away now. Ryu has the captain next to him, and 1 centipede in front of him.

Everyone also roll Spot checks with whatever else you're doing. DC 15.

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-09, 01:53 PM
Curious about the obvious use of conjuring magic, Minbeja casts gaseous form and flies into the forest to try and find the caster.:vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-12-09, 01:59 PM
[roll0] and attacks [roll1] [roll2][roll]1d20+7/roll] damage [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-09, 02:05 PM
IC: The gaseous form, keeps you hidden from sight for any casual observers, as you drift across the land toward the edge of the forest.

OOC: You are moving VERY slowly. Your speed is 10'/round. If you move all out, you're traveling 20' each round and can't cast spells. Don't forget your spot check.

WebTiefling
2013-12-09, 02:17 PM
[roll0] and attacks [roll1] [roll2][roll]1d20+7/roll] damage [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]:xykon:

Ryu's blades flash like lightning in the air, and chop apart the remaining centipede. It too vanishes back into nothingness when he kills it.

As Ryu glances around, though, he spots what seems to be a massive snake body in the weeds about 100 feet away, toward the forest. Then he sees its head raise up from the grass, and it's a human head, but hideously ugly. It is wiggling back toward the forest, but looking back watching the heroes and Horrors.

the asassin
2013-12-09, 02:44 PM
Ryu runs in it's direction:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-09, 03:52 PM
Ryu runs in it's direction:xykon:

OOC: It's not your turn yet. Thane and Minbeja need to post, then it's the creatures' turn, and then it will be your turn.

Arch warrior
2013-12-09, 06:14 PM
Thane and Hanz smille at the easy to kill Centapeds and then strike them down.

Hnaz's attack 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1], 3 [roll2], 4 [roll3]. And did 1 [roll4] and [roll5] fire, 2 [roll6] frost, 3 [roll7] and [roll8] fire, 4 [roll9] and [roll10] frost. Spot [roll11].:belkar:

Thane's attack 1 [roll12], 2 [roll13]. And did 1 [roll14] and [roll15]Holy, 2 [roll16] and [roll17] Holy. Spot [roll18].:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-09, 07:16 PM
Spot [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-12-10, 08:52 AM
Thane, Hanz, and Ryu make short work of the centipedes, and the bodies all vanish back into the magic which summoned them.

The Horrors continue to lumber back toward the forest, now over 120 feet away from the adventurers and only 80 more feet from the trees. Ryu notices the Naga rising up from the grass just enough to look back toward them and speak something.

Then, a massive wall of fire lept into existence just feet behind the fleeing Horrors. At least 60 feet wide and 10 feet tall, the fire burst up from the ground, hiding everything beyond it. The bushes and grass right next to the wall of fire also burst into flame. You can hear the roar of fire, though it is 120 feet away from you and you can't feel the heat.

Minbeja continues floating forward as a mass of gas, now about even with the rest of the adventurers. He doesn't see where the caster is, but the summoned creatures and now the fire is a certain sign that one must be around somewhere.

Captain Staffish swears and looses an arrow through the fire toward where the Horrors were. More in frustration than anything else. He begins running toward the side of the flames to get around them.

Staffish gets about 60' ahead of you all, about half way to the fire.

It is now your turn. You can all move up to 120 feet ahead at a run which will get you up to the fire, but not past it. Minbeja, you're only able to move 40' per round if you move as fast as you can.

Arch warrior
2013-12-10, 09:17 AM
Hanz comes out of rage at 1HP. Not being a moron (like minbeja thinks) he runes back to town to get healed.:belkar:

Thane casts "Resist Energy" (Fire) on himself and runes as fast as he can towered the Horrors, wishing to kill the creatures that so hurt his brother.:roy:

the asassin
2013-12-10, 09:34 AM
Ryu non stop continues toward the fire and jumps [roll0]

OOC:when he jumps through he swings his swords to hopefully make it

a.Look totally awesome

b.or make a small hole by the wind

c.make it easier to jump:xykon:

the asassin
2013-12-10, 09:38 AM
Oh and tumble [roll0]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-10, 10:43 AM
Hanz runs back toward the town to get some healing. (OOC: Takes 20 rounds before he can get to the forest edge.)

Minbeja continues to drift forward in his gaseous form. (OOC: He is about 80 feet behind the others, and so still can't see past the wall of flame.)

Thane and Captain Staffish run forward, but Ryu is faster. As he gets close to the wall of fire, he feels its heat on his skin, but he won't let it stop him.

With a great leap, Ryu springs into the air, spinning around like a corkscrew with swords spread around him, ready to slash anything that might be on the other side.

He braces himself for the flames to burn at him, but as he leaps through, he feels heat as if he is in front of an oven, but it doesn't burn him. He realizes it must be an illusion.

Thane and Captain Staffish took a more rational route and ran to the edges of the fire, dodging around the wall of flames by a good five feet, and look with surprise at the ninja who jumped through without being harmed.

All of them can see the three remaining Hook Horrors are just at the edge of the woods, crashing through the bushes along the edge into the trees beyond.

Ryu does not see the Naga.

WebTiefling
2013-12-10, 10:47 AM
Captain Staffish quickly lets off an arrow (vs AC 22) [roll0] for damage [roll1].

The arrow takes the most wounded Horror in the back. It was trailing behind by just a bit, and as the arrow buries itself in the base of its neck, it immediately falls flat, crushing a small bush.

The other two Horrors don't even notice and are continuing to run.

the asassin
2013-12-10, 10:54 AM
OOC:hold on I jump normally and swing my swords like I was chopping some ones head off,and I had my knees bent:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-12-10, 11:05 AM
OOC: Thane was going to run through the fire because he cast a spell to resist it.

Thane fires two of his arrows at the Horrors. 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1]. And did 1 [roll2] and [roll3] frost, 2 [roll4] and [roll5] frost.:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-12-10, 11:24 AM
OOC: Cool, then that's what you do, Ryu! Nothing on the other side though. You would have done some nice damage, though.

OOC: Ok, Thane runs right through as well and realizes it's an illusion.

The Captain, who doesn't realize it is just an illusion looks at both of you as if you're NUTS! A sensible person would go around the deadly wall of fire! Adventurers are crazy! Just crazy! :smallsmile:

Arch warrior
2013-12-15, 12:42 PM
Thane continues to fire arrows. 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1]. Did 1 [roll2] and [roll3] frost, 2 [roll4] and [roll5] frost.:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-15, 03:36 PM
...Yep... Still drifting... In hind sight I should have done when I was CLOSER to the action.:vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-12-16, 11:14 AM
Ryu lands nicley on his feet and runs after the hook horrers:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-16, 11:25 AM
Thane's arrows thud into the back of the head of one of the Hook Horrors and it drops like a huge sack of potatoes.

The last Hook Horror disappears into the trees.

Ryu runs ahead, charging toward the edge of the forest.

Ryu is 80 feet from the edge of the forest.

Thane and the Captain are next to the flames, 200 feet from the forest.

Minbeja is 40' away from the flames. He can reach the flames the next round.

Arch warrior
2013-12-16, 04:51 PM
Thane grabes his sword and runes in after the Horror.:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-12-17, 11:19 AM
The Ryu, Thane, and Captain Staffish each burst past the bodies at the edge of the forest and through the brush, weapons at the ready.

However, the forest appears to be empty and silent.

OOC: Ryu and Thane roll for Spot and Listen checks. Spot DC is [roll0], Listen DC is [roll1]. Minbeja, a few rounds pass and you are about 40 feet from the edge of the forest. You roll a spot as well, DC [roll2].

OOC: Captain's spot check: [roll3]. Captain's listen check: [roll4].

the asassin
2013-12-17, 12:25 PM
Ryu looks for the naga and hook horrors [roll0] then he listens for them [roll1]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-17, 06:34 PM
Spot [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-12-17, 06:37 PM
Spot [roll0] and Listen [roll1]:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-12-18, 02:34 PM
Ryu settles his mind with a brief moment of centering and opens his ears to capture the world around him, the sighing of breeze through the air is blended with ... a ... slightly wheezing sound of labored breath trying to be kept silent. It sounds like it is coming from ahead and to the left a little.

Captain Staffish and Thane begin scanning the woods, and very quickly find the tracks of the last Hook Horror. They are leading straight ahead and just slightly to the right.

Minbeja can just barely see the shapes of his companions twenty or thirty feet into the forest. They are mostly obscured by the brush at the edge of the forest.

Minbeja is now right on the edge of the brush at the forest edge.

the asassin
2013-12-18, 03:15 PM
Ryu mysteriously runs toward the sound:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-12-18, 05:44 PM
Thane charges ready to strike:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-19, 03:21 PM
...I wonder if I could research a "summon electric fan" spell to speed this up.:vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2013-12-19, 03:35 PM
OOC:Huh :smallconfused::xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-19, 04:16 PM
Minbeja floats through the brush and into the forest.

Ryu goes charging ahead as do Thane and Captain Staffish. At first it looks like they're heading the same direction, but then Ryu dodges around a tree and heads to the left while Thane and Captain Staffish start veering to the right.

"Hey! Where are you..." Captain Staffish starts to say, when suddenly the Hook Horror bursts up with a roar from behind a fallen tree right in front of Ryu.

Surprise Round Attack on Ryu AC 28: [roll0] damage [roll1]
And then, even as its claws are slashing, it suddenly wavers, disappears for just a blink, and then there are suddenly six of them surrounding Ryu and clawing at him. The magic must have thrown it off because it missed horribly.

OOC: Everyone, roll for Initiative then, if you beat the Hook Horror roll, go ahead. The Hook Horror(s) roll [roll2]. Minbeja, you also roll a Listen check DC 15.

the asassin
2013-12-19, 04:42 PM
Ryu rolls for his ninja like recovery from surprise attacks [roll0]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-19, 09:05 PM
Listen[roll0]:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2013-12-19, 09:57 PM
Thane's initiative is [roll0]:roy:

Arch warrior
2013-12-19, 10:01 PM
Thane strikes the nearest Horror at [roll0] and [roll1]. The damage was [roll2] and [roll3] Holy, and [roll4], [roll5] Holy:roy:

WebTiefling
2013-12-20, 08:28 AM
OOC: Order of actions is Ryu, Thane, Hook Horrors, Minbeja, Captain. Ryu, as soon as you go, I'll post results and reply.

Minbeja hears the crackle of branches and a loud roar as the Hook Horrors erupt from their hiding spots.

OOC: Minbeja, you would also get a Spellcraft check, DC 13. I'll assume you pass it. You probably have something like +15 total for you Spellcraft skill. You recognize it as a Mirror Image being cast on the original Hook Horror. Of the six Horrors there, five of them are illusions.

the asassin
2013-12-20, 09:34 AM
Dad is my jump +9 or not

the asassin
2013-12-20, 12:35 PM
OOC:for the listen [roll0] and if Ryu hears anything he does a flip over the horrors [roll1] and continues running toward the sound he just heard:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-20, 12:50 PM
OOC: Ryu, you do not hear any soft breathing sounds with the Hook Horror roaring and thrashing around in front of you.

Arch warrior
2013-12-20, 10:15 PM
Thane would get a Spellcraft check of [roll0]. If this worked then he is just swinging at them until he finds the one that yell, OOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-23, 01:29 PM
I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy everyone else fighting for their lives (at least until the spell wears off).:vaarsuvius

the asassin
2013-12-23, 02:37 PM
ryu attacks the one behind him [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

damage
[roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2013-12-24, 09:48 PM
I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy everyone else fighting for their lives (at least until the spell wears off).:vaarsuvius

OOC: You can dismiss the spell whenever you want, you know.

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-24, 10:49 PM
OOC: Ha ha! No, I did NOT know I could do that.
I that case I'll find the Naga, sneak up behind it, throw a tanglefoot bag at it, and go crazy were-rat on it.

WebTiefling
2013-12-24, 10:54 PM
OOC: Well so far you've failed your spot checks. If you want to try searching, then you can spend a turn searching. DC [roll0]

Arch warrior
2013-12-25, 11:54 AM
Thane made his spellcraft check so he will now be swinging at them till he finds the real one. :roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-25, 06:23 PM
OOC: Very well, Spot [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2013-12-25, 06:53 PM
Ryu, Thane, and Captain Staffish all unleash their attacks, and their swords and arrows cut through the Horrors around them, but all of their attacks slice through illusions, and those illusions disappear, leaving only three attacking Ryu.

All three of the creatures attack Ryu, but only one is real.

x2 Claws and 1 Bite vs AC 28: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
The Hook Horror lands both of its huge hooks on Ryu and grabs him firmly.

And then one of the Hook Horrors blinks out of existence for a moment and suddenly eight more appear as well as the two other Horrors for a total of ten horrors, all grabbing Ryu.

Minbeja spots the Naga this time, though. All the way back at the edge of the forest in the edge's thick brush its head is raised up and casting the spells.

OOC: Minbeja is the only who who can see the naga. Everyone else has 10 Hook Horrors in front of them, all appearing to grapple Ryu.

WebTiefling
2013-12-25, 06:57 PM
OOC: Ryu - you have to roll a grapple check to escape. You get +12 to your D20 roll. You have to beat [roll0]

the asassin
2013-12-27, 01:43 PM
[roll0]Ryu yells help I learned about these guys once grappled you might as well be dead:xykon:

Arch warrior
2013-12-27, 06:06 PM
Thane swings his sword at the horrors hoping to find the real one:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2013-12-31, 08:59 AM
I sneak up behind the Naga and dispel Gaseous Form. [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2014-01-02, 01:59 PM
Ryu struggles to escape the Hook Horror holding him, but he can't escape the powerful hold. It bites down on Ryu doing [roll0] damage.

OOC: Ryu can try to escape again next turn, 1d20+12 vs DC of [roll1]

Thane and the Captain start swinging wildly at the Hook Horrors.
Your attacks are able to try to hit two at a time, so you have 8 chances. If you get a 10 on any of these, you've hit the real one. I'll roll the damage if you hit. Thane's is the first four, and Captain Staffish is the second four.
[roll2]
If Thane hits: [roll3] + [roll4] (multiply if multiple hits)
If Captain hits: [roll5] (multiply if multiple hits)

Their strikes swing through 8 images without hitting the right one, but fortunately as their swings pass through the 8, they disappear, leaving only two images left.

Minbeja settles his cloud down against the ground, trying to be completely silent as he dismisses his cloudy form.

Dark Naga's Listen Check DC 25: [roll6]

The Naga is paying too much attention to the fight in front of it, and doesn't notice the cloud turning into an elf behind it.

It speak several words and twists its body to cast the spell, and the Hook Horrors again blink invisible for just a moment before reappearing, this time four of them showing up, all of them appearing to grapple Ryu. One of them must be real, but which one?

OOC: Thane and Captain go. Minbeja, you can cast, attack or whatever. You've got a completely unaware Dark Naga. Ryu, you can try to escape the Hook Horror holding you.

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-02, 10:48 PM
I throw a Tanglefoot bag at the Naga and then go were-rat.:vaarsuvius:

Arch warrior
2014-01-02, 10:51 PM
Thane continues to swing at the image. This time trying to hit one of the first two before the four came in, but if that would take to long then he just swings at them.:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-03, 03:13 PM
OOC: Oops! I almost forgot the touch attack roll

Tanglefoot Bag [roll0]

the asassin
2014-01-05, 06:23 PM
Ryu struggles and struggles [roll0]:xykon:

WebTiefling
2014-01-06, 10:12 AM
Ryu struggles, but is unable to escape. Perhaps it is the multiple Hook Horrors that seem to be grappling him, but his struggles are for nothing. All the Hook Horrors, the real and the images, bite down again for [roll0] damage. The Hook Horror also tries to hold Ryu more tightly. (escape DC is [roll1])

Thane and the Captain begin swinging at the lowered number of images. Thane quickly slices through three images, leaving the real one exposed. Captain Staffish takes the opportunity and hacks at the real Hook Horror with his sword.
AC 18
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
The captain's first blow connects, pulling a grunt of pain from the Horror, but the second strike bounces off its armor-like skin.

Minbeja throws like a ... well, like a Wizard. Even though the target is only 15 feet away and is completely unaware, he still misses. Fortunately, though, "close" counts when you're deal with Tanglefoot bags.

It explodes in a mass of sticky glue. The surprised Naga reflexively jerks aside. (DC 15, [roll6]). It manages to get its body partly away and is still able to move slowly.

It twists its head around, trying to find the source of the attack, and its face crinkles in surprise when it sees a wererat crouching behind it. Minbeja can almost read its mind based on the expressions that go across the Naga's ugly face.

"An enemy! ... Er, wait, a wererat? Aren't they normally on my side? ... Um, I guess this one isn't, so I need to kill it anyway."

It begins casting a spell, trying to move in the sticky strands. (Concentration, DC 15, [roll7]) Two Scorching Rays shoot from its mouth at the wererat.
Touch attack to hit: AC 19 (wow, in your wererat forms you have great Dex!)
Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]
Minbeja's wererat reflexes serve him well, and he jerks back and forth, dodging both rays of flame.

OOC:
Ryu: you are still grappled, DC 27 to escape
Thane: the illusions have stopped, and you can attack clearly. AC 18.
Minbeja: the Naga's AC is 12.

the asassin
2014-01-06, 11:23 AM
Ryu gives up struggling and gets his strength together and head butts the thing
[roll0] damage [roll1]. no idea if 9 just made it up please check:xykon:

Arch warrior
2014-01-06, 11:37 AM
Thane makes his two attacks, 1 [roll0], 2 [roll1]. damage 1 [roll2] and [roll3], 2 [roll4] and [roll5]:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-06, 12:12 PM
Two claw attacks 1d20+10, [roll0]
And the damage [roll1], [roll2]

Minbeja paces around the Dark Naga, the cursed instincts of his were-form whispering horrible yet somehow pleasing ideas like "toy with it" and "eat it's flesh" into his ears. After some struggling, he resists the urges and simply claws at it.:vaarsvius:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-06, 12:13 PM
OOC: This is getting annoying!
First role [roll0]

WebTiefling
2014-01-06, 12:58 PM
Thane attacks, but the Hook Horror swings Ryu around, and Thane's strikes are pulled back to miss entirely.

OOC: Sorry Thane! Rolling two 1's in a row for attacks! :smallfurious:

The Captain, though has his chance and attacks.
AC 18
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

As the Horror swung Ryu around to block Thane's attacks, it opened itself up to the Captain's attacks, and both of the Captain's swings struck true, cutting open deep wounds.

Ryu headbutts the creature, but its thick skin is too tough. Ryu has the mark of the thing's beak imprinted on his forehead, it will make a lovely bruise.

OOC: Sorry Ryu - that was bad roll for you too.

However, the Hook Horror is surrounded, and it notices that its commander - the Naga is getting attacked by yet another foe. This is too much for it, and it takes off running, swinging Ryu around to force the captain to pull back some and then throwing Ryu at Thane, knocking them both flat on the ground.

Minbeja, now in the form of a monstrous rat, leaps upon the Naga, claws scratching quickly, opening up bloody furrows along the Naga's body.

However, it is not easily frightened and it pulls its head back to unleash a second blast of Scorching Rays at Minbeja.
Touch attack vs AC 19
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

This time the Naga has some more luck, perhaps because Minbeja is right on top of its body now, and the second Scorching Ray hits Minbeja in the side. The smell of burnt fur fills the air.

OOC: Ryu and Thane - you are both Prone (flat on the ground). It will take a Move action to get up, and then you can chase after it or throw one thing. Thane, you can't shoot, but you can get your bow.

Arch warrior
2014-01-06, 01:34 PM
Thane gets up and pulls out his bow:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-07, 09:10 AM
Gahhh!!! -7! Fortitude [roll0]:vaarsuvius:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-07, 09:11 AM
... Oh come on!!

My mistake, I'm at -2. My hit points and damage reduction were the same number, so that threw me off.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2014-01-07, 09:48 AM
OOC: LordotTrinkets - the DC of your save was 12. (failed) On your next turn it is DC 11 to avoid losing more HP. DC 16 to stabilize and be unconscious. DC 21 to to stabilize and be conscious. (but still helpless)

the asassin
2014-01-07, 05:10 PM
Ryu gets up to chase the beast:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-07, 05:14 PM
Fortitude [roll0]

WebTiefling
2014-01-08, 09:07 AM
The commotion with Minbeja and the Naga only seemed to attract the captain's attention, both Thane and Ryu focused entirely on the Hook Horror.

Ryu chased after it, quickly catching up to it, and Thane pulled out his bow, preparing to shoot.

The captain, looses three arrows at the Naga.
Attacks:
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Damage:
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
Potential Crit Confirmations:
[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
Two of the arrows bury themselves solidly into the Naga's body. It writhes in pain and begins slithering away as fast as it can, leaving the scorched body of the wererat behind.

OOC: Ryu - you can do a Charge against the Hook Horror this round. Thane, you can shoot at whatever you want now. Minbeja, you are unconscious and no longer bleeding out.

OOC: Your characters don't know it, but Hans has been healed now, and is running back across the fields in your direction. It will take him three more turns to reach you and the forest.

WebTiefling
2014-01-08, 09:15 AM
However, the Naga quickly realizes it can't get far - the sticky remains of the tanglefoot bag catch on everything around it, and it can only move slowly.

After just a second of slowly trying to slither away, it turns back and fires two more rays at the captain.

Touch attack vs AC 14:
[roll0] Damage: [roll1]
[roll2] Damage: [roll3]
The rays hit and the captain screams in pain.

Arch warrior
2014-01-08, 09:39 AM
Ryu can handle the horror. Thane fires two arrows at the Naga at 1 and 2 [roll]120+7. damage 1 [roll1] and [roll2] frost, and 2 [roll3] and [roll4]:roy:

Arch warrior
2014-01-08, 09:41 AM
sorry. my second attack was at [roll0].

the asassin
2014-01-08, 09:45 AM
Ryu charges the beast and attaks [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] damage

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]:xykon:

the asassin
2014-01-08, 09:48 AM
because i believe one at least is a crit [roll0] [roll1]

and but if doubles [roll2] [roll3]:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-08, 11:33 AM
Minbeja is enjoying a dream involving a fondu lake, firecrackers, and an adult diaper.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2014-01-08, 02:03 PM
The Naga screeches in pain as Thane's two arrows bury themselves in its body. It coughs up some blood, but it is still able to get out the words for a spell, and you can see a Shield form between you and it. It then takes off slithering as fast as it can, though it is greatly slowed by the sticky mass which still entangles it.

Captain Staffish fires off three more arrows. As the first one hits, the naga pitches forward, collapsing in a heap on the forest floor, and the next two arrows bounce off the floating Shield of force still hovering above it.

Ryu catches up to the fleeing Horror, and he is out for REVENGE! His swords strike true, biting deeply into the flesh of the Horror, and it collapses at his feat, still breathing, but a bloody froth at its mouth tells you it will not be breathing for long.

The final two monsters lie dying on the forest floor before you, blood coats the area from the many wounds suffered.

Several small bushes are on fire from the rays of flame that had missed their targets, but the wood is too green to burn well, and the flames are slowly dying down, turning into an acrid smoke that fills the area with haze,

Ryu's face, shoulders, and neck are covered with deep bites and cuts, while Minbeja has fainted from the many injuries he has suffered.

OOC: Keep playing this out for a bit, but you can all update your character sheets with 3410 XP. This will probably bump your characters up a level, or come darned close.

Arch warrior
2014-01-08, 02:44 PM
Thane runs over to Minbeja and casts Bears Endurens on him hopping that he will be awake enof to turn human before the Captan see's him.:roy:

Hanz arrives at the seen, very upset that we finished the battle without him. However, he see's the wizard and goes to help walk (seeing as he is the strongest) the whole time grumbling things like "Stupid Wizard, grumble grumble, Weakling, grumble, Useless, grumble".:belkar:

WebTiefling
2014-01-08, 04:57 PM
Minbeja is healed 16 which will last for the next several minutes. He wakes up to see Thane kneeling next to him.

However, Captain Staffish certainly saw what Thane has just done.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

He is very puzzled as to why you are healing a wererat.

"Are we taking it back for questioning?"

the asassin
2014-01-08, 05:04 PM
WHAT are you insane that were rat just helped us defeat the enemy if DARE question a team mate that helped this town survive true I don't like rats and I am not the the biggest fans of him but I will defend him:smallfurious:

OOC:Ryu is mad at the hook horror hitting him hes mad at not harming the thing and needing help and he is very mad that his team mate is gonna be questioned for helping them.:xykon:

WebTiefling
2014-01-08, 05:21 PM
"What?"

Captain Staffish looks at Ryu in confusion.

"How is that thing a teammate? I've never seen that thing before."

He looks around.

"Where's Minbeja? Is he still in his cloudy form spell?"

Arch warrior
2014-01-08, 05:27 PM
Thane says "Ryu is confused, and of corse we are going to take him with us for Questioning. Hanz and I are more then strong enough for him you all go back to town to get healed and inform the prison." He says all this in a ferm tone that would imply that he is annoyed and liable to blast the first person who disagrees with him will get blasted by some of his magic. When the caption is a good bit away he tells Minbeja to make a lot of battle noises and to turn into a human. Then cast dimension hop and teleports him as far back as possible. He and Hanz then throw themselves on the ground in a way that will look like the rat through them.

OOC: I am 409XP from going up a level, is their anything that I can do to get it.

the asassin
2014-01-08, 05:28 PM
Wow tsk tsk "saying in a very hurt and angry deep breathing" he is a were rat and helps us I am guessing he cloud formed and turned into rat mode to do more damage and defeat the naga "grunting in pain from the bites of the hook horror:xykon:
edited oops I was supposed to do my post before you I took to long oops

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-08, 06:03 PM
fairly fatigued from almost dying, the most Minbeja can do is make a few squeaks and kick a few nearby bushes before forcing himself into normal form.:vaarsuvius:

OOC: Would the massive damage I took result in me needing to make some sort of will save to not actually go were-crazy?

WebTiefling
2014-01-10, 08:45 AM
Captain Staffish's expression changes from confusion to that of understand.

"While we live a long way from the cities, we aren't dumb. I do know that wizards can cast spells to change shapes. If your wizard transformed himself into a wererat, well, that's great!"

Captain Staffish yells out, "My apologies Minbeja! Combat was still fresh, and your spell of shapechanging into a wererat surprised me."

OOC: If you hadn't fallen unconscious, yes, Minbeja would have needed to roll to avoid Frenzy. As it is, you don't need to now. You can shapechange with a regular Control Shape check.

Arch warrior
2014-01-10, 09:54 AM
Hanz looks at him thinking "did he just buy what he just said?":belkar:

Thane looks confused at the caption, not knowing what happened, but he knows not to look a gift horse in the mouth recovers himself and confesses that this is what happened, and apologizes for the confusion.:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-10, 04:06 PM
Minbeja staggers onto the scene, and after stumbling once or twice, he speaks "A piece of advice for everyone, disposable diapers do NOT taste good when dipped in fondu, particularly when they have been used..." His eyes roll up and he collapses again on the floor.

the asassin
2014-01-10, 04:59 PM
Ryu yells out eww gross,stuttering with being incredibly grossed out :smalleek: :xykon:

WebTiefling
2014-01-16, 12:24 PM
The captain's nose wrinkles up at Minbeja's description of near-death hallucinations.

"Wizards," he mumbles under his breath. "Magic fries their brains."

With a more cheerful look, he claps Minbeja on the shoulder. "Well, I'm glad you're back, and you saved us from getting fried ourselves. I'll have the priest dedicate all their healing to you, what little there is."

He goes over to the giant snake-like body and nudges it with its toe. A necklace and several body bracelets clink.

He does a double take. "That's real gold! Not coated iron! I've, I mean, I ... Wow!"

He kneels down and delicately touches one of the gold body bands.