PDA

View Full Version : The Five Gems Thread 2: Schrodinger's Wall

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Crimson Doom
2013-12-12, 08:34 PM
First Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290525)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312610)

Iron Wing snaps a twig as they try to sneak past the creature, and it immediately slithers toward you.

Contrary to popular belief, it actually does appear to be an Everfree Python, not a cockatrice. It's an enormous green snake, perhaps fifty feet long, but most of its size seems to be in its thick muscles; as it rears up from the bushes and bares its fangs threateningly, you notice that its mouth doesn't seem big enough to swallow a pony whole. Even so, it seems to think you lot are on the menu.

Roll for Initiative.

Rater202
2013-12-12, 08:42 PM
Initiative [roll0]

SiuiS
2013-12-13, 03:37 AM
Look out! It's a giant forest Python! With fangs!

Gerry Rig then becomes so preoccupied with whether the snake should be classified as a python or maybe given it's own species that he sort of trips up on the whole combat prep thing. Poor adamant is so distracted by Gerry Rig's silly comment that he is even worse off!

How will our adventurers fare?!

Forum Explorer
2013-12-13, 06:47 AM
Giant Snake? Not A Problem! Iron Wing yells as he charges at the python.

Initiative: [roll0]

Beacon of Chaos
2013-12-13, 09:11 AM
"Oh, good. That's moderately less deadly than a cockatrice."

[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2013-12-13, 12:59 PM
Apparently the concept of stealth is as alien to the Griffin race as the Changling sixth-sense is to the Equestrian language. CELESTIA'S BEARD IT'S SOMETHING AWFUL-oh no it's just a giant snake.

Celestia's beard it's something slightly less awful! The Changling manages to say as his horn lights up with rimefire, ready to blast the thing with the numerous combat spells of the Hemipheran Inquisition, Sicale's body becoming visibly charged with electricity.

[roll0]

HotRoute
2013-12-13, 09:55 PM
Everypony's happy about this giant python!? Compass Rose plants herself square on the ground in an athletic pose. She grabs her magical artifact from her bag and clenches it tight between her teeth. "Let's mek this quek, ponies. Remember, we're en a schedule!"

Crimson Doom
2013-12-19, 10:14 AM
Unsurprisingly, Iron Wing gets first blood.

Iron Wing
Everfree Python
Gerry
Adamant
Elixir
Compass
Sicale

Forum Explorer
2013-12-19, 02:51 PM
Iron Wing takes to the air, circling around the giant snake and preparing to launch his attack.

(Take aim +3 giving me 7 total)

Crimson Doom
2013-12-19, 04:08 PM
Seeing the griffon flying about, the snake rears up and spits a large glob of venom at it, dealing [roll0] and causing [roll1] ongoing damage.

Iron Wing
Everfree Python
Gerry
Adamant
Elixir
Compass
Sicale

Rater202
2013-12-21, 09:35 PM
*Adamant doesn't want to waste time dealing with a Snake, so he blasts it with a fireball, inflicting [roll0] damage*

Beacon of Chaos
2013-12-22, 09:46 AM
Elixir decides that now is the perfect time to try out his new staff. Pulling it out, he activates it with the spell he learned while on the train and aims it at the snake. A white ray of energy strikes the creature, then rebounds off, bending in mid air to hit Iron Wing. The venom from the snake's spit is neutralised.

[-4] Conjure Staff of the Stars – Minor Utility

followed by

[+1] Moonglow – Standard Attack
Deal [roll0] damage to target creature. Remove a (save ends) condition from yourself or an ally. (removing the ongoing damage)

30HP
1 PiP

HotRoute
2013-12-23, 06:52 AM
The pink pegasus carefully walks around the outer ring of the combat, eyeing down the monster, studying its movement. How does it attack? What spots is it protecting? Where is it vulnerable?

Compass Rose uses Perfect Focus. +2 PiPs. +3 Resist until the end of her next turn. +2 PiPs if she does not take damage before the beginning of her next turn.
30 HP
6 PiPs

Emperor Ing
2013-12-23, 11:43 AM
Sicale really doesn't want to waste that much time against this creature. He hopes so long as the snake recognizes that none of these ponies (and griffon) aren't an easy meal, he'll go somewhere else. What better way to do that than to blast it with a burst of rimefire? The Changling's horn fires, casting a long burst of the cerulean darkness-casting cold-fire on the snake, seemingly igniting it as tongues of the stuff dance across the body of this oversized reptile.

Standard Action:
-2) Rimefire Burst (Ignite) Ongoing damage (save ends)
[roll0]

Minor Action:
-2) Where it Hurts
Deal [roll1] to an enemy suffering from a save ends effect

HP: 30
PiPs: 1

Crimson Doom
2013-12-23, 10:07 PM
Sicale really doesn't want to waste that much time against this creature. He hopes so long as the snake recognizes that none of these ponies (and griffon) aren't an easy meal, he'll go somewhere else. What better way to do that than to blast it with a burst of rimefire? The Changling's horn fires, casting a long burst of the cerulean darkness-casting cold-fire on the snake, seemingly igniting it as tongues of the stuff dance across the body of this oversized reptile.

Standard Action:
-2) Rimefire Burst (Ignite) Ongoing damage (save ends)
[roll0]

Minor Action:
-2) Where it Hurts
Deal [roll1] to an enemy suffering from a save ends effect

HP: 30
PiPs: 1

The rimefire appears to glance off of the snake, doing nothing whatsoever.

You may take back Where It Hurts if you wish, since in a live game I would have informed you of this information before you used Where It Hurts. No taking back the rimefire, though.

Emperor Ing
2013-12-26, 03:48 PM
Sicale curses at the wasted energy, seeing the rimefire roll off the snake's scaled body completely unharmed, it was irritating to say the least. HRTHST!! He curses in Changlic Don't use acid or fire on this thing, It won't work.

Not using Where it Hurts, so at 3 PiPs now

Rater202
2013-12-26, 05:21 PM
Sicale curses at the wasted energy, seeing the rimefire roll off the snake's scaled body completely unharmed, it was irritating to say the least. HRTHST!! He curses in Changlic Don't use acid or fire on this thing, It won't work.

Not using Where it Hurts, so at 3 PiPs now

Mine did.10.

Emperor Ing
2013-12-26, 05:29 PM
Sicale pauses for a moment. Well this thing won't catch fire. He amends.

SiuiS
2013-12-28, 02:25 PM
Everypony's happy about this giant python!? Compass Rose plants herself square on the ground in an athletic pose. She grabs her magical artifact from her bag and clenches it tight between her teeth. "Let's mek this quek, ponies. Remember, we're en a schedule!"

Well, relatively happy. I mean, at least it isn't a Hydra. that's, like, five snakes!

Gerry Rig hunkers down, various metal parts and plates of brass shifting and whirring over a vibrant tesla coat before settling into position. We want this done quick, right? I'm on it! he shouts, and the blue of his visor flashes to a vibrant red and fades, leaving green flashes and a strange amalgam of diagrams behind, visible to the other ponies beneath the metal grill, where the earth pony should have a face. Nozzles, similar to those that have festooned the various ships the engineer has built throughout this venture.

Minor utility: targeting protocol [-1]. Giant Snake takes 1 extra damage from all of Gerry's attacks.

Standard Utility: Gather energy [+1]. Gerry rig can take two standard actions next turn.

Forum Explorer
2013-12-28, 04:02 PM
Thank You Elixer! Iron Wing shouts feeling the acidic venom disappear from his body. Now It's My Turn! He yells a battle cry as he dives onto the snake, tearing with his talons and claws.

Bladestorm

reroll [/roll[1d12
reroll [/roll[1d12
reroll [/roll[1d12
reroll [/roll[1d12
reroll [/roll[1d12

Pips 2
HP: 22

Crimson Doom
2014-06-11, 10:51 AM
The python recoils from the flurry of attacks, hissing furiously. Then it jerks slightly and starts staring off into space briefly. But after a few seconds, he hisses again, its face almost looking as if it has an evil grin on its face.

Before anyone could react, the snake's tail whips around, catching both Compass and Gerry and flinging them against a tree, accompanied by many sickening cracks. Both crumple to the ground, groaning in pain, and the python takes advantage of this to slither off, hissing in a way that sounds almost like a snicker.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-11, 11:48 AM
Sicale watches in horror as the broken heaps of two ponies crumple to the ground. Without even really thinking or having any recollection that his medical training is pretty non-existant the leaps for the two. Oh, oh Celestia you guys alive? Fortunately the question is answered by the two groaning in pain. Furthermore he only now just realizes that his medical training is rather wanting. Uhh, we need to get these two to a hospital! Like...right away! He turns to Elixir with a panic-stricken expression. What should I do? I want to pick them up but it might hurt them further.

Rater202
2014-06-11, 11:59 AM
Adamant curses under breath before moving to check on Gerry and Compass[roll0]

Crimson Doom
2014-06-11, 12:10 PM
Adamant curses under breath before moving to check on Gerry and Compass[roll0]

As far as you can tell, several ribs are broken, as is Gerry's right foreleg. They don't seem to be in any serious danger, but you definitely need to get them back to Ponyville for immediate medical attention. (Not even Elixir's... elixirs are likely to be able to fix bone in any sort of useful timeframe.)

Rater202
2014-06-11, 12:20 PM
Hey, Elixir? You wouldn't happen to have a miraculously potent "instantly and safely heal bones" potion on you, would you? Because if you don't we'll need to, at least, move them somewhere safe. They've both got busted ribs, and Rigs's leg is broken. One of your healing potions might help, but not at any decent rate.

Mr. Myth, I think we may have to make a tactical retreat.

Adamant looks around for any sticks or branches suitable for being made into splints[/roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Crimson Doom
2014-06-11, 12:45 PM
Hey, Elixir? You wouldn't happen to have a miraculously potent "instantly and safely heal bones" potion on you, would you? Because if you don't we'll need to, at least, move them somewhere safe. They've both got busted ribs, and Rigs's leg is broken. One of your healing potions might help, but not at any decent rate.

Mr. Myth, I think we may have to make a tactical retreat.

Adamant looks around for any sticks or branches suitable for being made into splints[/roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Myth poked his head out from a nearby bush where he had been hiding from the python. "Probably advisable, if rather inconvenient."

You see a few different sticks that might work. They're not the straightest sticks, but they'll do until you can get them to Ponyville.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-11, 03:17 PM
What should I do? I want to pick them up but it might hurt them further.
Elixir checks the ponies' injuries, and gently pours a healing potion into each of their mouths. "We'll need to move them. Hold on..."

Using his magic, he casts a fabrication spell on some nearby branches and leaves, converting them into a pair of makeshift stretchers. "Help me get them on these. Carefully now..."

"Instantly and safely? No, broken bones time time to heal, even with alchemy. The potions I gave them will help with the brusing and numb the pain."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-11, 03:24 PM
Okay, everyling be careful. Before he does anything, Sicale transforms into a unicorn version of Steel Wind with a flash of rimefire Hello my name is Steel Shine. Nice to meet you. It seems he took that form to justify using his telekinesis to carefully move the ponies onto the makeshift stretcher, which are in turn placed on the backs of whichever two ponies agree to carry one stretcher. Sicale, of course, volunteers himself.

Rater202
2014-06-11, 04:26 PM
Adamant splints Rig's leg, before helping place the two injured ponies onto the stretchers.

Sicale, you may want to turn back into Steel

*Blinks* Never mind.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-11, 10:45 PM
By carefully and slowly moving them, Compass and Gerry are brought onto the stretchers without any problems. It seems as if the two have fallen unconscious while you were working on all this.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-11, 10:49 PM
Don't forget, the whole "incite changling paranoia" thing in Ponyville was my idea. The fake unicorn rolls his eyes. Let's just go. We don't want to rush because we don't want to jostle them, but longer we wait the more they might bleed out. With that Steel-Sicale begins the walk back to Ponyville, using the opposite direction they were previously heading as a reference.

Rater202
2014-06-11, 11:11 PM
Adamant picks up one of the stretchers and begins carrying it's occupant back to town.

All of a sudden, he chuckles a bit.

You know, there actually is a town called Coltsville over in that general direction. It's a few dozen miles away from the forest, but still.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-12, 02:10 AM
Our Comrades Safety Is Most Important! If Coltsville Is Closest Then Let Us Head There! Otherwise Let Us Return To Ponyville! Iron Wing says, keeping watch from the skies.

Rater202
2014-06-12, 02:21 AM
Trust me, Ponyville is closer by several dozen miles, plus change

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 02:25 AM
Well what are we waiting for, let's go! Steel-Sicale says, leading by example to Ponyville.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 06:47 AM
The party makes its way back to Ponyville over the course of several hours. Compass wakes up once, but at her request, you give her a sleep potion so that she doesn't have to feel the pain during the journey.

It's about 9:00 AM when you reach Ponyville. The town's busier than it was yesterday; the party's over, evidently, and real life continues. Off to the side, you see a group of unicorns putting up a volleyball net; three old pegasi women are having tea in an outdoor restaurant nearby; several earth ponies are weeding their gardens; basically, life in Ponyville is going on as normal.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 12:40 PM
As far as Ratchet was concerned, today was not starting off in a very promising manner at all.
Of all the things he had expected to happen to him when he came to Ponyville, this hadn't been on his list. Having recently finished a rather extensive job replacing all the locks of a rather paranoid Canterlot noble, he'd decided that two years of solid work without a break was enough. If anytime was the time to take a nice vacation, it was then. Somewhere rural. Somewhere peaceful. Somewhere quiet.
Unfortunately, somewhere peaceful and quiet was not in the budget, so off to Ponyville it was. Even so, Ratchet had been relatively optimistic. Even if the town did have a bit of a reputation for craziness, it was still supposed to have that fresh country charm - and in the worst case scenario, he was no stranger to hiding or sneaking away from danger. In fact, he was quite talented at that, if he did say so himself.
After having arrived at Ponyville via the early morning train, Ratchet had been quite taken with the sight. If he hadn't known better, it would have seemed like any other countryside village, with quaint cottages and the peaceful chatter of people starting to wake up and go about their day. In fact, it was really quite beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that he couldn't help but take off at a happy skip through the town, gleefuly bounding down the road... until he had gotten distracted by a couple having a rather passionate public display of affection in the park, tripped over a loose stone, and fallen smack on his face.
And so it was that Ratchet glumly exited the Ponyville Hospital, several bits poorer and one bandaged muzzle richer. With a weary sigh, the grey-furred, brown-maned earth pony plopped down on the lawn in front of the building and decided to take a few minutes to take in the air.
Ah well, he thought. Best to get the bad luck out of the way first, I suppose. Hopefully, this is about as crazy as things will get.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 01:06 PM
Okay so... Steel-Sicale pants, traveling hours through a treacherous forest on little to no sleep is testing the limits of his endurance. Where's the *pant* hospital?

Rater202
2014-06-12, 01:24 PM
I have no idea.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 01:47 PM
Let's just...walk into the middle of town and *pant* hope someling notices the five of us carrying two unconscious ponies. At that the disguised Changling begins walking with the stretchers into town.

Rater202
2014-06-12, 02:18 PM
Are you sure that's such a good idea? might draw some unwanted attention from you know who.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-12, 02:55 PM
Don't Hesitate! You There! We Have Injured Friends Who Require Medical Assistance! Where Is The Local Hospital? Iron Wing boomed, landing in front of Ratchet.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 03:09 PM
Much like his jog earlier in the day, Ratchet's impromptu nap on the hospital grounds was interrupted as a (very loud) griffon landed in front of him, bellowing for aid.
"Waagh! Griffon! Where did-" As Ratchet madly scrambled from the ground, he froze, then dusted himself and cleared his throat. "Oh, um, the hospital's just down the block. Why do you-" It was at that point that Ratchet both a) registered that the griffon had been asking for help for injured friends, and b) noticed the injured friends in question. "Sweet Celestia, what happened here! ...oh, and, uh, would you like a helping hoof with that?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 03:29 PM
Actually yeah. The exhausted unicorn says. I feel like I could collapse any moment. I'm fine, not injured, just...tired. Sicale will accept whatever help the earth pony provides.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 03:34 PM
Fully alert now, Ratchet moved to take the unicorn's place. "Here, I'll help carry them while you rest up a bit. The hospital's not far - I just came from there." Ratchet sheepishly indicated the bandages on his muzzle where he'd scraped it during his fall.

Rater202
2014-06-12, 04:00 PM
Adamant carries his passenger after the earth pony, wondering exactly what they're going to tell the hospital staff.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 04:02 PM
Steel-Sicale continues to help carry his unconscious friends but with the assistance of this new Earth Pony it's significantly easier.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 04:04 PM
It was at this point that the ponies setting up the volleyball net notice the stretchers and rush over to help. As they get nearer, you see that it's three female ponies with various flower Cutie Marks.

"What in Equestria happened?!" a cream-colored pony with a red mane and tail and a rose Cutie Mark asks frantically, moving to help Ratchet lift Compass Rose.

"The horror! The horror!" cries a pink one with a yellow mane and tail and a three-lily Cutie Mark, fainting dramatically.

"Oh, pony up, Lily," the third (pink with a green mane and tail, with a two-daisy Cutie Mark) sighs, helping the cream-colored one and Ratchet shoulder the weight of Compass. "You're acting like Rarity without the couch."

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 04:16 PM
...I really should remember not to tempt fate, Ratchet thought as he helped the fast-growing procession down the short road to the hospital. Taunting Marephy's law, like that, saying things couldn't get crazier? What was I thinking?

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 04:32 PM
Steel-Sicale did his part, or at least tried to do his part to help. Though the three mares...ponies, though. Sicale swears, they're the strangest creatures.

Rater202
2014-06-12, 05:07 PM
Adamant remembers, if he's right, these are the mares who he used to get the rumor mills running against Victor. Hopefully they won't recognize him.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-12, 05:11 PM
Elixir is aiding with the carrying of Gerry Rig, mostly with the aid of his magic.

"What in Equestria happened?!"
"An unfortunate accident involving a tree," responds Elixir. That was half true. There was a tree involved. They didn't need to know about the snake. "Nothing life-threatening, they'll be fine," he says.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 05:28 PM
"An unfortunate accident involving a tree," responds Elixir. That was half true. There was a tree involved. They didn't need to know about the snake. "Nothing life-threatening, they'll be fine," he says.

"Some tree," the one with the rose Cutie Mark comments, giving you an odd look. You can tell she doesn't quite believe you.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 05:37 PM
Just on a hunch, and recalling information learned previously, Sicale decides to taste the emotions of the ponies accompanying them, all the while turning up his empathy-sense to 11 to give an impression of their surface thoughts.

Perception check
[roll0]
+10 to detect changeling disguises

Make one use of Read Thoughts to read the Mares' minds.

Rater202
2014-06-12, 05:46 PM
Ladies, if half the things I've heard about this town are true, an attacking tree shouldn't be that out of the ordinary. Now, we really need to get our friends to the hospital.

((persuasion roll to convince them of the truth of Elixir's statement[roll0]))

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 06:15 PM
Just on a hunch, and recalling information learned previously, Sicale decides to taste the emotions of the ponies accompanying them, all the while turning up his empathy-sense to 11 to give an impression of their surface thoughts.

Perception check
[roll0]
+10 to detect changeling disguises

Make one use of Read Thoughts to read the Mares' minds.

You're certain they're not changlings.

The one with the rose Cutie Mark is thinking "Probably adventurers that went into the Everfree looking for treasure or something. Idiots."

The one with the lily Cutie Mark (who's following behind the lot timidly) is concentrating very hard on not looking at the crumpled ponies on the stretchers. She's evidently very uncomfortable with the sight of injured ponies.

The one with the daisy Cutie Mark is... wait, what? You sense two consciousnesses here.

One is thinking, "I have an assignment. If I don't complete it, the Visser may well have my head for it, and you distract me to help some injured ponies? Bah! I'll be sure to make you suffer for this, Rose."

The other is crying, pleading. "Just leave her alone! She's not hurting you!"

"Silence," the other snaps. "The time when you had a say in things is long past."

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 06:17 PM
Ladies, if half the things I've heard about this town are true, an attacking tree shouldn't be that out of the ordinary. Now, we really need to get our friends to the hospital.

((persuasion roll to convince them of the truth of Elixir's statement[roll0]))

The cream-colored one still looks unconvinced, and the green-maned one doesn't appear to care, but Lily nods as if that makes sense to her. But since the ponies are helping you (well, Lily isn't), they continue to accompany you until they reach the hospital steps.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 06:28 PM
Agh. Thank you for your help. Steel-Sicale says to the mares. Before you go, though, I was hoping you could help me with something else pretty quickly. He looks at the pony with the daisy cutie-mark. It was clear from her emotions that there is a lot of suffering there. The disguised unicorn steps forward boldly and confrontationally. I was told by...somepony that you are the one I want to talk to regarding something called "The Visser." I believe you have something everypony needs to hear, yes? Sicale smiles. Most importantly he wants to sound as convincing as possible. What was that part about "I'll be sure to make you suffer for this, Rose?" I know you're not a changeling, but I can't tell if it's actually a pony i'm talking to or some kind of pony-snatcher.

Persuasion
[roll0]

Rater202
2014-06-12, 06:36 PM
Admant trys to reposition himself to face the mare Sicale addresses. Sicale must have read her mind or something, and if the inquisitor is willing to risk blowing his cover, it must be serious.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 06:58 PM
Rose turns furiously on the daisy-marked pony. "What?! I thought we were friends! Why would you-?"

The daisy pony interrupts Rose by dashing off in some random direction.

"Get back here!" Rose hollers, galloping after the daisy pony.

"...what's going on...?" Lily wonders, looking wide-eyed and frightened.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 07:03 PM
Visser. Changeling. Suffer. Pony-snatcher. Every one of those words sent a stab of ice down Ratchet's spine, even if he had no idea what the first term meant. He hadn't been in Canterlot for the Changeling invasion, of course, being an itinerant tinker and "locksmith", but you'd be pressed to find a single pony on the Equestrian continent who hadn't heard of it. His body's sympathetic nervous system quickly kicked into overdrive, his heart beating like a drum and his eyes growing wide a saucers. With great effort, he managed to keep his breathing steady and refrain from dropping the stretcher, gulping nervously and preparing to act if things got out of hand.

EDIT (OOC): Whoops, looks like Doom finished his post before I did. Just assume my post takes place before his does.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 07:05 PM
Sicale can feel the wind escape from his lungs at the prospect of the chase. Nevertheless, something is going on and he wants to figure it out. Get them inside. he says, referring to the unconscious forms of Compass and Gerry. Adamant, I might need your help. Follow me. Sicale gallops after Not-Daisy.

Hold on! He tries to call out. I just wanna talk!

Rater202
2014-06-12, 07:05 PM
Adamant turns to the other two mares.

If my friend is right, your...companion posses a risk to the safety of everypony, and needs to be apprehended. If you could please do us the favor of taking our friends to the hospital, and then contacting the local police or guard unit, it would help.

The unicorn really hopes that it's been long enough to use Caje safely again

What the hay is going on, exactly?[roll0]

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 07:06 PM
Sicale can feel the wind escape from his lungs at the prospect of the chase. Nevertheless, something is going on and he wants to figure it out. Get them inside. he says, referring to the unconscious forms of Compass and Gerry. Adamant, I might need your help. Follow me. Sicale gallops after Not-Daisy.

Hold on! He tries to call out. I just wanna talk!

She doesn't listen, continuing to run.

"Seriously, what's going on...?" Lily wonders out loud.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-12, 07:10 PM
Adamant turns to the other two mares.

If my friend is right, your...companion posses a risk to the safety of everypony, and needs to be apprehended. If you could please do us the favor of taking our friends to the hospital, and then contacting the local police or guard unit, it would help.

The unicorn really hopes that it's been long enough to use Caje safely again

What the hay is going on, exactly?[roll0]

[Remember, Rose is chasing after the daisy pony.]

"But... what? I don't understand..." Lily starts crying softly.

Caje tells you that there's something physically in the pony's head, controlling her every action. Rather than have its cover completely blown, the creature made the pony run. Also, you find out her name is Daisy. The pony, not the creature.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 07:10 PM
Sicale growls, sincerely wishing he was Steel Wind for his wings, but the recalling Steel Shine has a horn. Casting out his cerulean magic he attempts to grab a hold of Not-Daisy in his telekinesis. Fortunately this is a spell he is familiar with.

Arcana to restrain Not-Daisy, making one use of Gotcha! for a +10 bonus to the restrain check.
[roll0]

Rater202
2014-06-12, 07:14 PM
Steel! There's some kind of Parasite in her head physically controlling her body.

Is there some way to get the parasite out without hurting Daisy?[roll0](14, I goofed. Penalties apply after the second question)

Emperor Ing
2014-06-12, 07:21 PM
Yeah I know. Steel-Sicale says as he magically tries to lasso Not-Daisy in.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-12, 07:35 PM
Running was perhaps the worst thing Daisy could have done. Half Eagle, and half lion, every instinct in Iron Wing's body was screaming at him to chase the prey. And so he followed it's ancient directions, flying up high before diving at the running pony, remembering himself at the last moment to turn his killing dive into a tackle.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-12, 07:43 PM
As the others take off running, Ratchet stares off after them, unsure of what to do in this situation. After a moment, he turns to the beige-colored unicorn with the green mane (who he will later learn is called Elixir), and clears his throat. "Erm... maybe we should get your friends inside?" he asks, hesitantly.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 09:25 AM
Sicale growls, sincerely wishing he was Steel Wind for his wings, but the recalling Steel Shine has a horn. Casting out his cerulean magic he attempts to grab a hold of Not-Daisy in his telekinesis. Fortunately this is a spell he is familiar with.

Arcana to restrain Not-Daisy, making one use of Gotcha! for a +10 bonus to the restrain check.
[roll0]

Daisy doesn't quite stop, but she slows down just enough...

Running was perhaps the worst thing Daisy could have done. Half Eagle, and half lion, every instinct in Iron Wing's body was screaming at him to chase the prey. And so he followed it's ancient directions, flying up high before diving at the running pony, remembering himself at the last moment to turn his killing dive into a tackle.

...that Iron had no difficulty tackling her to the ground.

At that point, a police unicorn shows up, whistling casually... until he notices the scuffle

"Oy! Whaddaya ya think yer doin'?" he yells angrily, horn lighting up threateningly.

Steel! There's some kind of Parasite in her head physically controlling her body.

Is there some way to get the parasite out without hurting Daisy?[roll0](14, I goofed. Penalties apply after the second question)

You get something about three days, but then the gem switches gears and starts detailing all the ways one can kill a snail.

Rater202
2014-06-13, 10:13 AM
Officer! There is some sort of Parasite controlling this mare's body. Judgeing from it's actions, it's doing so with nefarious intent. Considering that this is the home of Equestria's Newest Princess and there is visiting Griffon royalty present, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume it has something to do with that.

Unfortunately, all I know about removing the parasite without harming the host is that it takes three days. For some inexplicable Reason, every time I think about ways to remove it, I get ways to kill snails

Hopefully the two concepts are related to some useful degree, but the unicorn can't count on it.

It seems like he might have to go over his self imposed limit on questionsPersuasion to convince the police pony[roll0]
Persuasion to(hopefully) intimidate the parasite with the knowledge that I have no way of knowing[roll1]
Roll to ask this question to CajeCan I force your infinite knowledge into the parasites mind, destroying it, without harming the host?[roll2](For real this time)

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-13, 10:17 AM
As the others take off running, Ratchet stares off after them, unsure of what to do in this situation. After a moment, he turns to the beige-colored unicorn with the green mane (who he will later learn is called Elixir), and clears his throat. "Erm... maybe we should get your friends inside?" he asks, hesitantly.
Elixir looks utterly baffled by what just happened, but he's not about to abandon his unconscious friends to chase after a mare he just met for reasons unknown.

"Yeeeeeah, that sounds like a good idea. I don't know what's going on, but I'm sure those guys can handle it." Elixir gladly accepts the pony's help carrying Compass and Gerry to the hospital. "My name's Elixir. What's yours?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-13, 12:40 PM
Hear me out officer: Sicale begins. I have...limited telepathic abilities. I thought this pony was acting strange. He looks at Daisy. I read her mind and found two consciousnesses there, one that was mentally threatening to make another pony named "Rose" suffer for distracting them from their duty to something called 'The Visser.' The other consciousness was pleading for them not to hurt Rose, but refused to listen. Officer, as strange as it may sound I believe some...thing is controlling that pony's body.

Persuasion check.
[roll0]

Activating Mind Reader against Not-Daisy again.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-13, 01:38 PM
Oh So That's What's Going On! Really, If You're Going To Run, Make Sure To Stick To Alleys And Duck And Weave A Little! Running In A Straight Line On A Broad Open Road Makes It Far Too Easy For Whatever Is Chasing You! Anyways, We Were Headed To The Hospital, Perhaps They Can Aid In Removing This Brain Parasite!

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 02:34 PM
Officer! There is some sort of Parasite controlling this mare's body. Judgeing from it's actions, it's doing so with nefarious intent. Considering that this is the home of Equestria's Newest Princess and there is visiting Griffon royalty present, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume it has something to do with that.

Unfortunately, all I know about removing the parasite without harming the host is that it takes three days. For some inexplicable Reason, every time I think about ways to remove it, I get ways to kill snails

Hopefully the two concepts are related to some useful degree, but the unicorn can't count on it.

It seems like he might have to go over his self imposed limit on questionsPersuasion to convince the police pony[roll0]
Persuasion to(hopefully) intimidate the parasite with the knowledge that I have no way of knowing[roll1]
Roll to ask this question to CajeCan I force your infinite knowledge into the parasites mind, destroying it, without harming the host?[roll2](For real this time)

The police pony looks unimpressed.

"Lies! All lies! They just attacked me for no reason!" the pinned pony declares, tears in her eyes.

Rose has caught up, but is looking uncertain and says nothing.

No, you can't. It's theoretically possible, but not at your current skill level.

Elixir looks utterly baffled by what just happened, but he's not about to abandon his unconscious friends to chase after a mare he just met for reasons unknown.

"Yeeeeeah, that sounds like a good idea. I don't know what's going on, but I'm sure those guys can handle it." Elixir gladly accepts the pony's help carrying Compass and Gerry to the hospital. "My name's Elixir. What's yours?"

Lily stays behind, looking confused and miserable.

Hear me out officer: Sicale begins. I have...limited telepathic abilities. I thought this pony was acting strange. He looks at Daisy. I read her mind and found two consciousnesses there, one that was mentally threatening to make another pony named "Rose" suffer for distracting them from their duty to something called 'The Visser.' The other consciousness was pleading for them not to hurt Rose, but refused to listen. Officer, as strange as it may sound I believe some...thing is controlling that pony's body.

Persuasion check.
[roll0]

Activating Mind Reader against Not-Daisy again.

The second opinion does seem to sway the police pony somewhat. One pony claiming this? Yeah right. Two? Well, it's worth considering. "Well... I guess it's worth taking her into custody to see..." He steps up and hoofcuffs the pony.

"What? But I'm innocent!" Daisy starts crying.

"We'll see," the police pony says, not without compassion. "We have a unicorn at the station who can scan minds. If you're innocent, we'll find out soon enough." He starts leading Daisy away.

Rose looks distressed, but still says nothing, not really sure what's going on. She does fall in line behind the officer, though.

The timid consciousness is saying nothing, but feeling both hopeful and afraid to be hopeful. The second is cursing in a language you don't recognize, its mind racing to find a way out of this situation.

Oh So That's What's Going On! Really, If You're Going To Run, Make Sure To Stick To Alleys And Duck And Weave A Little! Running In A Straight Line On A Broad Open Road Makes It Far Too Easy For Whatever Is Chasing You! Anyways, We Were Headed To The Hospital, Perhaps They Can Aid In Removing This Brain Parasite!

"I need to figure out if there is one, first," the officer counters. "Don't worry. If there is something in her head, I'll be sure to consult the hospital staff."

Rater202
2014-06-13, 02:59 PM
Officer? Would it help if I do this?

Andamt stands p straight, and takes a deep breath.

I swear, to the best of my knowledge, that their is infact some sort of Hostile Parasite controlling this mare's body.

Cross my heart and hope to fly, stiuck a cupcake in my eye.

Adamant goes through the mostions, somewhat hesitantly, and hopes beyong hope that actually poking himself in the eye isn't part of the oath, as he closed his eye before the final motion.

He also hopes that the policeman Knows about the Pinkie Promise, accepts how unbreakable it is, and doesn't question how Adamant knows it

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 03:03 PM
Officer? Would it help if I do this?

Andamt stands p straight, and takes a deep breath.

I swear, to the best of my knowledge, that their is infact some sort of Hostile Parasite controlling this mare's body.

Cross my heart and hope to fly, stiuck a cupcake in my eye.

Adamant goes through the mostions, somewhat hesitantly, and hopes beyong hope that actually poking himself in the eye isn't part of the oath, as he closed his eye before the final motion.

He also hopes that the policeman Knows about the Pinkie Promise, accepts how unbreakable it is, and doesn't question how Adamant knows it

He snorts. "It's that 'to the best of my knowledge' that I'm worried about. Besides, you have a second witness." He nods at Sicale. "Keep trying to persuade me and I might start thinking she's innocent after all."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-13, 03:10 PM
Do you need me to come along? Steel-Sicale asks. You know, in case the investigator needs my testimony or if the parasite tries something? I just scanned her mind, it's trying to find a way to escape.

Rater202
2014-06-13, 03:14 PM
Adamant makes mental a note to leave that part out in the event that he needs to make such a promise to the Princess concerning Sicales trustworthiness.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-13, 03:20 PM
Being several blocks away from the drama currently taking place with Rose, Ratchet begins to calm down and actually gives a small smile as he helps Elixir carry the injured ponies into the hospital.
"The name's Ratchet. A pleasure to meet you, Elixir... although I probably would have preferred less hectic circumstances." Entering through the large double doors, he makes a beeline for the admitting nurse. "Nurse! These ponies have been injured."

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 04:47 PM
Do you need me to come along? Steel-Sicale asks. You know, in case the investigator needs my testimony or if the parasite tries something? I just scanned her mind, it's trying to find a way to escape.

The unicorn snorts. "Trust me, she's not getting away." He waves a hoof at his haunches, drawing attention to a hoofcuff Cutie Mark. "Keeping ponies cuffed is my specialty. Just don't leave town; if I do need you later, I'll have to come find you, and I can't do that if you leave town."

Being several blocks away from the drama currently taking place with Rose, Ratchet begins to calm down and actually gives a small smile as he helps Elixir carry the injured ponies into the hospital.
"The name's Ratchet. A pleasure to meet you, Elixir... although I probably would have preferred less hectic circumstances." Entering through the large double doors, he makes a beeline for the admitting nurse. "Nurse! These ponies have been injured."

The nurse, a white Earth Pony with a cross Cutie Mark, looks up. Upon seeing the injured ponies, she springs up and trots urgently over. "Okay. What happened and how badly are they hurt?" she asks, urgently but calmly, already gently prodding Gerry to start her own diagnosis.

Rater202
2014-06-13, 05:12 PM
The unicorn snorts. "Trust me, she's not getting away." He waves a hoof at his haunches, drawing attention to a hoofcuff Cutie Mark. "Keeping ponies cuffed is my specialty. Just don't leave town; if I do need you later, I'll have to come find you, and I can't do that if you leave town."

Does heading into the forest count as leaving town, if we do so with the intent of being back within a couple of days?

Forum Explorer
2014-06-13, 05:37 PM
Iron Wing blinks at the policepony. Wouldn't Detecting The Parasite Involve An X-Ray Or Something Similar? Regardless I Leave The Situation In Your Hooves, Officer! He says politely.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-13, 06:30 PM
Lily stays behind, looking confused and miserable.
Elixir looks to the sullen mare, unsure what to say to her. "Don't worry, I'm sure there's just been a misunderstanding of some sort. I can assure you that my colleagues are good people, and won't hurt your friend. What's your name?"

"The name's Ratchet. A pleasure to meet you, Elixir... although I probably would have preferred less hectic circumstances."
"Indeed. Hectic circumstances seems to describe my life quite well at the moment."

"Okay. What happened and how badly are they hurt?"
Deciding that it would only hurt his friends to lie to the nurse, Elixir decides to tell her. "They were attacked by an Everfree Python. It slammed them into a tree. They both have some broken ribs and Gerry here has a broken leg. As an alchemist I was able to give them a healing potion to help with bruising and pain, but that's all I could do."

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 07:46 PM
Does heading into the forest count as leaving town, if we do so with the intent of being back within a couple of days?

The police pony gives him a flat look. "Does being in the forest count as being 'accessible if it turns out she was innocent and I need to arrest you for assault'?" he replies bitingly.

Iron Wing blinks at the policepony. Wouldn't Detecting The Parasite Involve An X-Ray Or Something Similar? Regardless I Leave The Situation In Your Hooves, Officer! He says politely.

The police pony grimaces. "We have a mind scanner. I mentioned this already."

Elixir looks to the sullen mare, unsure what to say to her. "Don't worry, I'm sure there's just been a misunderstanding of some sort. I can assure you that my colleagues are good people, and won't hurt your friend. What's your name?"

"L-Lily," she eventually says, wiping away tears with her right hoof.

Deciding that it would only hurt his friends to lie to the nurse, Elixir decides to tell her. "They were attacked by an Everfree Python. It slammed them into a tree. They both have some broken ribs and Gerry here has a broken leg. As an alchemist I was able to give them a healing potion to help with bruising and pain, but that's all I could do."

The nurse nods briskly, then pivots sharply. "Cartilage! Anesthetic! Get to Room 375, stat! Bring the bone resetters! Heavy! Force! Bring these patients to Room 375!" As she yells, you see several ponies dashing to and fro to obey her orders. Included among these are two bulky ponies, an earth pony and a pegasus, who come up to take Compass and Gerry.

"Waiting room's over there," she says, nodding at a door off to the side. "I'll come get you once there's news."

Rater202
2014-06-13, 08:01 PM
The police pony gives him a flat look. "Does being in the forest count as being 'accessible if it turns out she was innocent and I need to arrest you for assault'?" he replies bitingly.

Trust me, she won't.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-13, 08:03 PM
Trust me, she won't.

"Not my point," he snorts. "Stay in town. The forest is a bad place to be, anyway. Too many monsters."

Rater202
2014-06-13, 08:21 PM
"Not my point," he snorts. "Stay in town. The forest is a bad place to be, anyway. Too many monsters."

Unfortunately, my current employer needs us to head into the forest.

Archeologist. Needs a few big strong ponies to protect him from the monsters in the forest while he's digging in the dirt for preclasical coins or something.

Steel, Iron? We should go, maybe try talk the boss into putting off the expedition for a few days.

Good day to you officer.

The Martial Artist turns to head towards the Hospital, making a note to ask Caje about anti parasite sells once the over crowding in his head tones down.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-13, 08:42 PM
Having done everything possible on his end, Ratchet moves into the waiting room and plops down on a chair. After a minute or so of twiddling his hooves, he turns to his newly-met companion. "So, erm, Elixir... Forgive me, but I have to ask: Exactly why in Equestria where you all out in the Everfree Forest with a giant python?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-13, 09:08 PM
Steel-Sicale, in addition to tired, seems unusually tense.

Adamant... he tries to whisper. Unfortunately ponies not only lack an empathy-sense and are thus unable to sense annoyance, but are shockingly dense to them. Have you ever heard of a little thing called "Discretion?" The fake Unicorn then smiles to the officer.

Thank you for your assistance. I'll be sure to make myself available if you need any help. At that Steel-Sicale turns to head back to the hospital. Come on, I want to know how Gerry and Compass are doing.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-14, 03:15 AM
Did You? I Must Have Missed That! Iron Wing says to the policepony before joining the others in heading to the hospital.

OCC
Said because I honestly missed that when reading the post.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-14, 11:40 AM
"L-Lily," she eventually says, wiping away tears with her right hoof.
"Nice to meet you, Lily. I'm Elixir. If you want, you can wait with us in the hospital. Either my friends or yours will come back this way, and then we can hear what they have to say. Does that sound alright?"

"Waiting room's over there," she says, nodding at a door off to the side. "I'll come get you once there's news."
"Thank you."

Having done everything possible on his end, Ratchet moves into the waiting room and plops down on a chair. After a minute or so of twiddling his hooves, he turns to his newly-met companion. "So, erm, Elixir... Forgive me, but I have to ask: Exactly why in Equestria where you all out in the Everfree Forest with a giant python?"
"Well, the python was a surprise." joked Elixir. "We were... exploring. I can't really say more than that." He looks meaningfully towards Ancient Myth, who had so far remained quiet during the commotion. He briefly considered introducing him to Rachet, but he certainly wasn't the friendliest of ponies and probably wasn't in the mood for conversation. He never was.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-14, 05:14 PM
"Nice to meet you, Lily. I'm Elixir. If you want, you can wait with us in the hospital. Either my friends or yours will come back this way, and then we can hear what they have to say. Does that sound alright?"

"O-okay," Lily agrees, looking a fair bit less upset now that somepony is at least acknowledging her misery.

"Well, the python was a surprise." joked Elixir. "We were... exploring. I can't really say more than that." He looks meaningfully towards Ancient Myth, who had so far remained quiet during the commotion. He briefly considered introducing him to Rachet, but he certainly wasn't the friendliest of ponies and probably wasn't in the mood for conversation. He never was.

Lily squeaks fearfully. "E-exploring i-in the Everfree? Why would you do that?"

"Trust me, it's important," Myth mutters grumpily. "Otherwise I'd be in utmost agreement with you, Daisy. That python may well have cost me 33.3 repeating percent of my bodyguards and 100% of my competent desk assistants."

"U-um, it's Lily..."

Rater202
2014-06-14, 05:24 PM
((OOC; I'm assuming that lack of Response to Ing's, Explorer's, or my own post means that the officer didn't try to stop us and that we met no interferance on the way to the hospital. Please correct me if I'm wrong))

Adamant walks into the hospital and looks around for the waiting room.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-14, 09:10 PM
Ratchet turned toward Ancient Myth, only now having taken note of his existence. He frowned slightly, not particularly impressed by the fact that he got Lily's name wrong or that he turned the injuries of Elixir's friends toward himself. He briefly considered demanding what in Equestria could be so important that two ponies had to get hurt over it, but caught himself as the words were about to leave his mouth and decided to try and come at the subject from a more diplomatic angle. "So you're their employer, then? What exactly is it that you do, Mr..." Ratchet pauses, giving Myth the chance to introduce himself.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-14, 09:44 PM
((OOC; I'm assuming that lack of Response to Ing's, Explorer's, or my own post means that the officer didn't try to stop us and that we met no interferance on the way to the hospital. Please correct me if I'm wrong))

You are correct.

Ratchet turned toward Ancient Myth, only now having taken note of his existence. He frowned slightly, not particularly impressed by the fact that he got Lily's name wrong or that he turned the injuries of Elixir's friends toward himself. He briefly considered demanding what in Equestria could be so important that two ponies had to get hurt over it, but caught himself as the words were about to leave his mouth and decided to try and come at the subject from a more diplomatic angle. "So you're their employer, then? What exactly is it that you do, Mr..." Ratchet pauses, giving Myth the chance to introduce himself.

"Ancient Myth, linguist and archaeologist," he replies.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-15, 07:39 AM
Ratchet nods in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you, sir. But again, I must ask: What in Equestria brought you all out into the forest to begin with?"

Crimson Doom
2014-06-15, 08:07 AM
Ratchet nods in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you, sir. But again, I must ask: What in Equestria brought you all out into the forest to begin with?"

"A series of unfortunate events culminating in a race against a trio of questionable ninjas, which we've clearly now lost," he mutters cantankerously.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-15, 08:39 AM
"A series of unfortunate events culminating in a race against a trio of questionable ninjas, which we've clearly now lost," he mutters cantankerously.

Ratchet's confusion, already given a massive boost thanks to the kerfuffle with Rose and the tale of the python, only grew larger with every word Myth uttered. He opened his mouth to ask another question, but found himself at a loss for words. At that point, his hopes for a relaxing and tranquil vacation seemed but as distant memories. Elixir seems to be holding back on account of this Myth fellow, and he clearly isn't in the mood to give any answers that aren't frustratingly vague. He sighed. Hopefully, either the doctors can fix up their friends, or the ones who went chasing after that mare will return soon. Perhaps one of them will be more forthcoming.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-16, 12:56 AM
Steel-Sicale goes to the hospital, since there's nothing happening on the way, and finds Ancient Myth speaking with...somepony. Okay so you're probably all wondering what happened.

I thought...erhm...what's her name, with the daisy cutie-mark, she was acting funny. I have some telepathic abilities so I read her mind and found out that there were two consciousnesses in there. From the way one was threatening the other, and making threats against Rose, I could tell that this was a case similar to possession, where some...thing takes control of a pony, pushing their consciousness into a corner of their mind. The police have been informed about this and they have their own mind-scanner investigating to verify my claims. He smiles to the pony he does not yet know as Lily. I can assure you your friends will be alright.

Rater202
2014-06-16, 01:18 AM
Adamant, somehow having gotten lost between the entrance and the waiting room*, comes in at the end of Sicales story.

Can you believe it? Mind controlling brain parasites? It sounds like something from from one of Stephanie Mare's bad novels.

Adamant hopes his joke will Lighten the mood somewhat.

But yeah, Steel's right, the young mare with the Daisy cutie mark is probably going to be fine.

I'm Adamant, by the way.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-16, 04:17 AM
Really? Sounds Like Changelings To Me! Only These Have To Actually Get Inside Your Brain Somehow! Come To Think About It, Remind Me To Track Down That Daisy Mare Later! I Want To Know How It Managed To Infest Her In The First Place!

Crimson Doom
2014-06-16, 06:49 AM
Steel-Sicale goes to the hospital, since there's nothing happening on the way, and finds Ancient Myth speaking with...somepony. Okay so you're probably all wondering what happened.

I thought...erhm...what's her name, with the daisy cutie-mark, she was acting funny. I have some telepathic abilities so I read her mind and found out that there were two consciousnesses in there. From the way one was threatening the other, and making threats against Rose, I could tell that this was a case similar to possession, where some...thing takes control of a pony, pushing their consciousness into a corner of their mind. The police have been informed about this and they have their own mind-scanner investigating to verify my claims. He smiles to the pony he does not yet know as Lily. I can assure you your friends will be alright.

"Y-you're sure?" Lily inquires quietly. "I've never heard of this before... she'll be okay?"

Adamant, somehow having gotten lost between the entrance and the waiting room*, comes in at the end of Sicales story.

Can you believe it? Mind controlling brain parasites? It sounds like something from from one of Stephanie Mare's bad novels.

"B-but I like Stephanie Mare..." Lily protests quietly.

Funny thing: when I first heard about The Host, my first thought was "it's an Animorphs ripoff".

Emperor Ing
2014-06-16, 09:38 PM
"Y-you're sure?" Lily inquires quietly. "I've never heard of this before... she'll be okay?"[/SPOILER]

She'll be okay. Steel-Sicale reassures Lily. Rose is okay too. I saw her leaving with the police.

Steel turns back to his friends. So, are Gerry and Compass okay?

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-17, 06:37 AM
Steel turns back to his friends. So, are Gerry and Compass okay?

Ratchet shook his head. "Still no word. Last we saw, they were getting rushed off and the nurse was yelling for bone resetters." He steeled himself - he wasn't used to asking hard-hitting questions, but at this point he needed an answer. Last try. Better make it count. "Listen. I know we haven't even introduced ourselves, so you'll have to forgive me for jumping right to the hard questions, but... in less than an hour, I've seen two ponies who apparently had their ribs broken by a giant python, heard talk of you all racing against a bunch of ninjas, and now you come trotting in talking about ponies infected with, of all things, mind parasites. Your employer here was kind enough to volunteer that he's an archaeologist-" he idly gestures towards Ancient Myth "-but last I checked, most archaeologists don't voluntarily venture into the most monster-ridden spot on the planet this side of Tartarus. Heck, most ponies don't voluntarily go in that place, period." A deep breath. Time for the million-bit question. "I'll understand if you don't want to tell me, but I- I have to know: What on earth would possess a whole bunch of them, and a Griffon besides, to go exploring in there?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-17, 07:46 AM
Well first off they weren't ninjas. We could see them! Steel explains. He really thought they established this. ...okay, we saw them. Past tense. Still by definition, not a ninja.

As for why we were there... He frowns, turning to Ancient Myth. I dunno, we're two short. Should I...?

Crimson Doom
2014-06-17, 08:56 AM
Well first off they weren't ninjas. We could see them! Steel explains. He really thought they established this. ...okay, we saw them. Past tense. Still by definition, not a ninja.

As for why we were there... He frowns, turning to Ancient Myth. I dunno, we're two short. Should I...?

Myth seems to be deep in thought, eyes closed and brow furrowed. Eventually, he opens his eyes and nods curtly.

Rater202
2014-06-17, 11:06 AM
It involves valuable artifacts over a thousand years old, and contracts marking us as Mr. Myths bodyguards.

I do believe you need to be in on the expedition to know more, so unless Mr. Myth wants to hire you...

Forum Explorer
2014-06-17, 02:21 PM
We Are On A Quest To Reclaim The Legendary Crown Of The Griffon Emperor! And On Such A Quest, The Everfree Will Be Among The Least Of The Dangers We Shall Face!

Rater202
2014-06-17, 02:54 PM
Adamant facehoofs.

Way to give it away, Iron. This time tomorrow the whole towns going to know what we're up too, and because of the you-know-whats working for you-know-who, that's not exactly a good thing.

and after I go to the effort of trying to convince the police pony that all we're after are coins from the preclassical period.

I can't remember, was it the flower trio or allow and lotus who we used to get the 100% true rumor of Victor working with changelings started?

Emperor Ing
2014-06-17, 03:15 PM
Welp, pony's out of the bag I guess. If Adamant is lecturing somepony about discretion, that somepony had better pay attention. I think we should probably go some place more private, if we're gonna bring, uhhh... Steel still has not heard Ratchet's introduction ...him up to speed.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-17, 04:03 PM
We Are On A Quest To Reclaim The Legendary Crown Of The Griffon Emperor! And On Such A Quest, The Everfree Will Be Among The Least Of The Dangers We Shall Face!

Ratchet barely notices as the Griffon (who he now knows is called, at least in part, Iron) nearly blows him clear across the room with his overly loud voice, his normally messy brown mane blown straight-as-sticks back and his eyes wide open from the gale-force winds. As Iron Wing exposits and the other ponies vainly attempt to hush him, everything clicks into place. "So you're not just archaeologists... You're adventurers!" He gulps slightly at the words "least of the dangers".

Welp, pony's out of the bag I guess. If Adamant is lecturing somepony about discretion, that somepony had better pay attention. I think we should probably go some place more private, if we're gonna bring, uhhh... Steel still has not heard Ratchet's introduction ...him up to speed.

Ratchet coughs, dusting himself off and mussing his mane back into it's usual messy shape. "My apologies. My name's Ratchet; I'm a traveling tinker and locksmith. Ancient Myth and your friend Elixir were kind enough to introduce themselves." He gestures towards them idly. "Might I know yours?"

OOC: Is it wrong that I picture Iron Wing talking in a perpetual Royal Canterlot Voice? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLOdaErc3A4) :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2014-06-17, 04:29 PM
You can call me Steel Shine. The fake unicorn replies. I'm an investigator of sorts. You would be surprised what you may find or who you meet that is more than meets the eye. It's my duty to find out.

Rater202
2014-06-17, 04:29 PM
Ratchet coughs, dusting himself off and mussing his mane back into it's usual messy shape. "My apologies. My name's Ratchet; I'm a traveling tinker and locksmith. Ancient Myth and your friend Elixir were kind enough to introduce themselves." He gestures towards them idly. "Might I know yours?"

OOC: Is it wrong that I picture Iron Wing talking in a perpetual Royal Canterlot Voice? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLOdaErc3A4) :smallbiggrin:

Adamant Shield, martial artist, fourth Dan of The Way of the Enchanted Hoof

Forum Explorer
2014-06-17, 05:00 PM
Bah! Secrecy Is For Changelings And Cowards! Besides, If Our Enemies Have Likely Already Reported Our Presence In The Forest! Iron Wing says, before pointing at Ratchet. Precisely! It Is Good To Meet You Ratchet! I Am Iron Wing, Future King Of The Griffons!

OOC
He's not quite that loud, but yeah, he's still pretty noisy.

Rater202
2014-06-17, 05:10 PM
Bah! Secrecy Is For Changelings And Cowards! Besides, If Our Enemies Have Likely Already Reported Our Presence In The Forest! Iron Wing says, before pointing at Ratchet. Precisely! It Is Good To Meet You Ratchet! I Am Iron Wing, Future King Of The Griffons!

OOC
He's not quite that loud, but yeah, he's still pretty noisy.

But discretion is the better part Valor, Iron

One get's the feeling that the martial artist is annoyed with his griffon companion.

With no valor, there can be no honor, and a good king needs to be honorable.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-17, 05:16 PM
"So you're not just archaeologists... You're adventurers!"
Elixir chuckles. "Heh heh, 'adventurers'. Sounds so grand and exciting when you say it like that, doesn't it? I guess we are on a bit of an adventure, aren't we?" he asks, to nopony in particular.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-17, 05:32 PM
A hint of a smile starts to come back to Ratchet's face. "A pleasure to meet you all. So, did you still want to wait for word of your friends, or are we going elsewhere now?"​

Emperor Ing
2014-06-17, 05:45 PM
Let's wait for the word. Steel says. I don't want to be disrespectful.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-17, 06:13 PM
I Understand What You Are Saying, But We've Already Encountered Our Enemy's Agents Inside The Forest! We Need Not Worry About Hiding Our Intentions From Him Any Longer! And I Am Not Revealing Any Important Details! Iron Wing says to Adamant.

While It Would Be Advantageous To Leave Sooner Rather Then Later, To Do So Would Be To Dishonor Our Comrades Bravery! We Shall Wait For News Of Our Friends' Fate!

Crimson Doom
2014-06-18, 06:34 AM
The nurse pony from before trots in about now, just in time to catch Iron's last sentence. "Their fate is that they'll be fine," she explains dryly. "On bed rest for a couple of weeks, but fine. They're still under anesthetic right now; I estimate they'll wake up in about half an hour."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-18, 03:43 PM
Steel-Sicale sighs, a grateful smile creeping across his muzzle. Thank you nurse, that's good to hear.

He turns back to the rest. So what should we do? Go somewhere more private?

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-18, 07:37 PM
"I believe that was the plan. Unless anypony has objections?..."

Crimson Doom
2014-06-20, 08:46 AM
Steel-Sicale sighs, a grateful smile creeping across his muzzle. Thank you nurse, that's good to hear.

He turns back to the rest. So what should we do? Go somewhere more private?

"U-um... I think I'll just stay here..." Lily squeaks. "No offense, butitdoesn'treallyfeelsafebecause... um... you know..." She trails off, blushing and looking very embarrassed and (surprise surprise) nervous.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-20, 04:42 PM
"I believe that was the plan. Unless anypony has objections?..."
"None from me. You're interested in joining us, I take it?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-20, 05:41 PM
Ah-aaahh... Steel gasps, struggling to stay on his hooves. Can we go back to the hotel? I don't think I can stay awake much longer.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-20, 08:44 PM
"None from me. You're interested in joining us, I take it?"

Ratchet paused. Every bone in his body was screaming at him to say "no" and run pell-mell in the opposite direction, an instinct honed by a lifetime of running away from fights. And yet, ever since his mentor had introduced him to his collection of classic adventure literature, Ratchet had periodically wondered: What would it be like to be a hero on some grand quest, defying death and searching for long lost treasure?

Seconds passed. To Ratchet, it seemed like hours.

"I..." He gulped. Deep within, something changed, almost imperceptibly. "I think I am."

Ah-aaahh... Can we go back to the hotel? I don't think I can stay awake much longer.

Ratchet gave a start. "Actually, yes, that sounds like a great idea - I got so caught up in cavorting through the town when I got here that I forgot make sure my bags made it there alright."

And yes, there is a reason for the change in formatting besides "Ratchet has joined the party!" I recently got accepted into another game, and I found out that bolding your dialogue both makes it easier to read and shows off your color better - but I thought it would be awkward if I just started doing it here without a reason, so I decided to work it in with a little role-playing. Ratchet unofficially coming on board seemed as good a time as any.

Rater202
2014-06-20, 09:20 PM
Well, that's settled

Filled with concern for what might happen to Sicale's disguise should he lose consciousness, adamant get's up.

Yes, back to the hotel room. Can't have steel pass out in the hospital. They'll think he needs to be here.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-22, 01:55 AM
Very Well. Let Us Retire For Now, And Plan Our Next Move!

Crimson Doom
2014-06-22, 06:39 AM
Okay then. You six head on over to the hotel, leaving Lily behind per her request.

Roll Perception, everypony/ling/griffon.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-22, 07:46 AM
(OOC: Oh, how the first roll of a session makes me giddy!)

[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2014-06-22, 09:39 AM
Perception
[roll0]

Rater202
2014-06-22, 11:07 AM
perception[roll0]

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-22, 12:17 PM
I spy with my little eye... [roll0]

Natural 1! Classic.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-23, 09:04 AM
In ascending order:

Elixir, you are absorbed in your own thoughts, racking your brains for anything that might be similar to what was in that poor pony's head. As a result, you aren't looking where you're going and you run right into a unicorn, poking yourself with his horn and drawing blood.

"Sorry!" exclaims the unicorn as he hurries on his way.

Iron, you notice the usual to and fro of small-town life, including an argument floating from an open second-floor window.

Adamant, you hear the argument too, enough to hear something like "C'mon, whaddaya want from me?"

"I am simply stating that your method of cleaning the dishes tends to leave them broken, and if you persist in cleaning them with 'wubs', you should at least help pay for the replacements!"

Ratchet and Sicale, you hear all of the above, and also catch the outraged yowling of a cat somewhere in the direction you're heading.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-23, 01:37 PM
"Ow! Ahh, geez. My fault! Sorry!"

Elixir opens his saddle bags and looks for a bandage for his cut, deciding that it isn't worth a healing potion.

And also checking that nothing's missing. You never know. ¬_¬

Crimson Doom
2014-06-23, 01:38 PM
"Ow! Ahh, geez. My fault! Sorry!"

Elixir opens his saddle bags and looks for a bandage for his cut, deciding that it isn't worth a healing potion.

And also checking that nothing's missing. You never know. ¬_¬

Everything seems to be in place, and you get the bandage without further incident.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-23, 10:07 PM
At the Hotel...

When the group finally manages to secure themselves into a hotel room, Steel-Sicale is the first to fall onto the bed, lying down on his side, exhausted. Hey. New guy. Uh, Ratchet. Right? Sicale says. If we're gonna be working together I should let you in on a little secret. My name's not really Steel Shine, it's Sicale. I'm a Changeling Inquisitor, and before you freak out or start asking questions, here's what you need to know: I am not from the Hive of changelings that attacked Canterlot, my Hive and I do agree the attack was incredibly foolish, my mission is to watch for any threats to my Hive and I want to help foster good-will between Changelings and the Pony races since that larva-headed Chrysalis bucked away any chance of us maintaining our secrecy. Our goals are in alignment, so as far as I know there's no reason you can't trust me, but you don't think I can then all I ask is the chance to prove I am trustworthy. Not merely tired, Sicale, still disguised as Steel Shine, speaks with a detached interest as though reading from a script. And no, if there is a unicorn named Steel Shine or a pegasus named Steel Wind then we have never encountered.

After that spiel, Sicale looks up at Ratchet, tired but expecting.

Rater202
2014-06-24, 12:50 AM
I'd like to mention now, that I am a good friend of Sicale's and that if you have with him you have a problem with me.

I'd also like to mention that I can easily learn your deepest Darkest Secrets, and if you put my friend in danger by spilling his, I'll l spill all of yours to every pony who could possibly use them against you.

Forum Explorer
2014-06-24, 01:06 AM
Stooping To Threats Is Beneath You Adamant! Ratchet May Be Joining Us, And Starting Off On Such An Unpleasant Note Will Only Cause Trouble Down The Road! Iron Wing scolds before smiling at Ratchet Don't Worry About Sicale! He Is Not Like His Fellows, And Has Proven To Be A Staunch Ally!

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-24, 07:11 AM
Ratchet was in high spirits as he collected his bags and joined the others in their room. For most of his life, he'd kept things simple, just plying his trade. Now, there was a chance to change all of that! Treasure! Glory! Excitement! ...well, hopefully not too much excitement, or else the kind you can sneak up behind and knock out with a well-placed pair of hooves.

As Sicale revealed the truth, that spirit began to shake like a leaf in the wind.

"Buuu... wha... ah..." Ratchet stammered out as he fell in a rather undignified manner on his posterior. As Adamant then proceeded to threaten him, that spirit was completely crushed, and the stammering turned to a panicked hyperventilating as he madly scrambled into a corner. As Iron Wing spoke, something snapped. The hyperventilating stopped, and Ratchet curiously cocked his head to one side before slumping down.

"Ehehe... ahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA!" Ratchet laughed a mad laughter, with not even the slightest touch of mirth. "T-TRU-" Suddenly mindful of his position, he cut himself off and lowered his voice. "Trust!? Goodwill!? Don't Worry?!? Funny, I wasn't aware luring in ponies with promises of adventure and then threatening them into some sort of- of- of changeling protection racket was how you fostered that sort of feeling! You want me to trust you?! How exactly do you expect to accomplish that if you have to keep your allies-" he thrust a hoof at Adamant, "through coercion!?"

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-24, 07:22 AM
(Whoops! Forgot the last part!)
Perception check (to see if there are any ways to escape from the room without going through the others if this goes wrong): [roll0]

Crimson Doom
2014-06-24, 09:01 AM
I'd like to mention now, that I am a good friend of Sicale's and that if you have with him you have a problem with me.

I'd also like to mention that I can easily learn your deepest Darkest Secrets, and if you put my friend in danger by spilling his, I'll l spill all of yours to every pony who could possibly use them against you.

Ancient plants his hoof onto his forehead. "Why did I think hiring this one was a good idea again?" he mutters to himself, aggrieved.

"Ehehe... ahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA!" Ratchet laughed a mad laughter, with not even the slightest touch of mirth. "T-TRU-" Suddenly mindful of his position, he cut himself off and lowered his voice. "Trust!? Goodwill!? Don't Worry?!? Funny, I wasn't aware luring in ponies with promises of adventure and then threatening them into some sort of- of- of changeling protection racket was how you fostered that sort of feeling! You want me to trust you?! How exactly do you expect to accomplish that if you have to keep your allies-" he thrust a hoof at Adamant, "through coercion!?"

"Please note," Ancient says, glaring at Adamant, "that the opinions of Titanium Sword over there do not reflect the opinions of the entire party. As for you..." He points accusingly at Adamant. "If you didn't hold the Sapphire, you'd be gone right now with no pay. Threats against hostile barbarians is one thing. Threatening some random pony? I will not tolerate this. We will do this through means that won't bring the wrath of the Solar Princess on our head, or not at all."

(Whoops! Forgot the last part!)
Perception check (to see if there are any ways to escape from the room without going through the others if this goes wrong): [roll0]

Your best chance for that would be the window. It'd hurt and you might sprain something, but it's your best shot. (Given the fact that Sicale and Iron can fly, however, it's not very good odds anyway.)

Emperor Ing
2014-06-24, 09:42 AM
"Buuu... wha... ah..." Ratchet stammered out as he fell in a rather undignified manner on his posterior. As Adamant then proceeded to threaten him, that spirit was completely crushed, and the stammering turned to a panicked hyperventilating as he madly scrambled into a corner. As Iron Wing spoke, something snapped. The hyperventilating stopped, and Ratchet curiously cocked his head to one side before slumping down.

I do hope you can forgive Adamant, he needs to learn to be more tactful. A lot more tactful. Despite the fatigue setting in the still-disguised changling still manages to shoot a look at the unicorn. Violence, coersion, and the threats thereof are confessions of weakness, after all.

Here's why I told you this: by telling you, I am forced to trust you. You can easily jump out that window and get the guards in here. I'd be too tired to stop you or resist arrest for being hatched the wrong species, all I can do is try to appeal to your better nature. Everything we said about adventure is absolutely true, and if you're going to be on-board, either through me or through someling else, you will eventually find out what I really am, especially considering everyling else here already knows and has accepted it.

If you want to jump out the window, I wouldn't stop you even if I weren't so tired. Iron Wing and Adamant Shield are not spoken for, however. What happens next is up to you. Please get it over with quickly though, I really need to take a nap.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-24, 10:08 AM
As Ratchet listened to Ancient Myth, his eyes and hair grew less wild, and his breathing steadied. As Sicale spoke once more, his glare disappeared, and his face once more grew soft. He looked down, clearly trying to digest what had been said.

"Well..." He cleared his throat and looked at Sicale. "I-I won't go. You're right. I've seen how tired you look, and - now that I really think about it - the fact that you've told me this right away? That, I think, counts for a lot. Heck, if he hadn't said anything-" Ratchet glared at Adamant, "-that little brief moment of panic might have been all you got, and I wouldn't have asked for anything." Ratchet got to his hooves, shaking his head out. "As it stands, however, you've been honest with me, and refrained from wrapping me up in a cocoon and sucking out my moist, tender emotions - but before I can trust you, I must ask a couple of things. First: I want to see your true form. Second: Since you clearly haven't wrapped them up, how are you not starving? And third - and this goes for any of you -" Ratchet gestured to Adamant, "smack him. Not ​too hard."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-24, 11:16 AM
Okay first off, I won't smack Adamant. Although he's a bone-head sometimes he's still my friend. He's known me for months, and even after I revealed myself to him he was still very accepting and willing to call me his friend. Secondly... The Unicorn is consumed in a brief burst of incandescent cerulean flame, replaced with a creature that looks like a cross between an alicorn and an insect. Almost completely black, smooth carapace covers the creature's entire body, its back is covered with a glass-smooth chitinous shell, from which two torn, transparent insect-like wings protrude. Its legs are full of holes. The changling's tail is thin and wispy. The creature is also bald, having only some dorsal webbing where a mane might be on a pony. Its ears are also torn. The creature's horn juts forward, then suddenly curves outward, taking the shape of a small hook. Its eyes are cerulean and dragon-like rather than the solid blue-on-blue seem on the invaders of Canterlot. Two fangs protrude from the creature's ponylike muzzle, giving the vague similarity to a vampire, or at the very least, some creature with a carnivorous diet. The creature Sicale just transformed into is definitely a Changeling.

Nextly... Sicale the Changeling continues. Your emotions are like water poured into a sieve, I feed off of what dribbles down through the holes at the bottom. Noling, erhm, nopony would ever notice. We don't have to be parasites you know. That's why I want to earn your trust, so that any friendship, respect, admiration I may feed off of you is given to me willingly.

Rater202
2014-06-24, 11:38 AM
Stooping To Threats Is Beneath You Adamant! Ratchet May Be Joining Us, And Starting Off On Such An Unpleasant Note Will Only Cause Trouble Down The Road! Iron Wing scolds before smiling at Ratchet Don't Worry About Sicale! He Is Not Like His Fellows, And Has Proven To Be A Staunch Ally!
It's not a threat. It's a promise of equal retribution. If he exposes my friends secrets, I'll expose his.

If I were trying to threaten him, I'd of just said I'd break his legs.

Ancient plants his hoof onto his forehead. "Why did I think hiring this one was a good idea again?" he mutters to himself, aggrieved.Because I was there and you were 11 ponies short?

"Please note," Ancient says, glaring at Adamant, "that the opinions of Titanium Sword over there do not reflect the opinions of the entire party. As for you..." He points accusingly at Adamant. "If you didn't hold the Sapphire, you'd be gone right now with no pay. Threats against hostile barbarians is one thing. Threatening some random pony? I will not tolerate this. We will do this through means that won't bring the wrath of the Solar Princess on our head, or not at all."

But he isn't a Random Pony. He's a pony who knows information that could put my firends life in danger if it gets out.

And it wasn't a threat!

...Did it sound like a threat?

Adamant turns to Ratchet

I'm sorry if that sounded like a threat. I get really protective of my firiends and...

*Embarrassed Grin, Followed by hoof extension of truce*

Crimson Doom
2014-06-24, 12:26 PM
But he isn't a Random Pony. He's a pony who knows information that could put my firends life in danger if it gets out.

And it wasn't a threat!

...Did it sound like a threat?

"Yes, it sounded like a threat, you kaq," Ancient mutters under his breath.

Ratchet gestured to Adamant, "smack him. Not ​too hard."

"Unwise," Ancient muttered. "He's our toughest aside from Steel Feather over there."

Forum Explorer
2014-06-24, 01:56 PM
It's not a threat. It's a promise of equal retribution. If he exposes my friends secrets, I'll expose his.

If I were trying to threaten him, I'd of just said I'd break his legs.

Yes, That's A Threat. Anytime You Say You Will Or Might Harm Somepony In Any Way You Are Threatening Them. If You Had Just Stuck To Saying That You'll Protect Sicale If Ratchet Tries Anything, Then That Would Not Have Been A Threat. Iron Wing says, speaking slowly and deliberately.

Anyways Ratchet, I Think It's Time We Brought You Up To Speed! We Are Currently Heading Into The Everfree Forest To Collect A Mystical Emerald! It's Said To Be Guarded By The 'King Of The Timberwolves!' Sadly Our Quest Must Be Kept A Secret, In Part So That The Elements Of Harmony Don't Endanger Themselves, But Mostly Due To The Griffon Prince Victor! Victor Is Also Seeking The Stone, But Has Allied Himself With Changelings! He Also Plans Attempting To Seek Power In Equestria! In An Attempt To Foil His Plan, We've Spread Rumors Of Him Associating With Changelings!

However We Almost Certainly Ran Into Some Of His Agents Inside The Forest! Though It Is Possible That They Are Agents For A Fourth Party, Yet Unknown! They Pretended To Be Ninjas, And Sicale Suspected They Were Changelings!

Hmm What Else? Ah! There Is Also A Group Of Barbarians We Defeated In Service To The Dragon Luug! They Were Pretty Weak As Warriors Went, And We've Turned Them Over To The Authorities! Still He Met Sent More Ponies When He Learns Of Their Failure!

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-24, 02:08 PM
Elixir listens as the scene unfolds, occasionally opening his mouth to speak before closing it again when somepony else answers. In the end he just kinda stands there with an exasperated expression.

"smack him. Not ​too hard."
"Nah, I don't hit other ponies, as a rule. I'm more of a 'slip high-strength laxitives into their food when they least expect it' kinda guy," says Elixir with a wry grin, looking sidelong at Adamant.

Anyways Ratchet, I Think It's Time We Brought You Up To Speed! We Are Currently Heading Into The Everfree Forest To Collect A Mystical Emerald! It's Said To Be Guarded By The 'King Of The Timberwolves!' Sadly Our Quest Must Be Kept A Secret,
"Yes, Iron, it's a secret, so keep your voice down. This is a hotel and these walls aren't sound-proof."

But Has Allied Himself With Changelings!
"But not the same changelings as Sicale's hive. Different changelings," says Elixir to Rachet.

Rater202
2014-06-24, 02:28 PM
Adamant clearly doesn't apreciate being talked to like he's an idiot, especially by somegriff with less tact than he does

The Emerald is part of a Set of five gems. The others are a ruby, a diamond, an onyx, and a sapphire.

We've already got the Sapphire

Adamant levitates Caje from his saddle bag, holding up the tiarra with the book shaped saphire in place. on a whim he slips it on his head and probably looks ridiculous

Caje, the gem of knowledge. It contains near infinite information on every subject and is capable of scrying to add to it's reserves. In addition, it makes a great improvement to a ponies magic, though I'm unsure if that means unicorn magic or just magic in general, and allows the wielder to better recall things that they've learned. It has other powers, such as allowing a unicorn to better learn and modify spells, or granting acess to mind magic, but those and others must be unlocked with practise.

However, Caje and the other gems are, not alive, but aware to some degree. Caje wouldn't let any of us take it untill one of us passed a test. Caje forced literally all of it's knowledge into a ponies mind, and the pony had to force it back out. I passed the st, so I'm now Caje's master. It'll only work for me now.

Presumably the other four gems have similarly dangerous tests, which sort of makes me feel like an idiot...

The Emerald has powers related to the earth and nature, and most likely has something to do with the timber wolves

The Diamond has powers of healing and protection

The Ruby fire, chaos, and destruction

And the Onyx necromancy

...which is a bit odd, now that I think about it. wo of the gems have powers relating to elements, while the other three only have more thematic abillities...

Having been ten minute since he last used Caje, adamant feels now would be safe to ask a few more questions

Do the other gems, including yourself but excluding the ruby and emerald, have elemental powers in addition to their thematic?[roll0]
What would happen if a non unicorn were to wield Caje? How would that work with their magic?[roll1]

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-24, 04:14 PM
Ratchet's head swiveled in several different directions as various responses flew from all across the room. First came Sicale, as he obliged his request to see him for what he was and answered his question regarding his feeding habits (though, to Ratchet's disappointment, he did not slap Adamant, a sentiment that Ancient Myth further put an end too). Then came Iron Wing, who, to Ratchet's astonishment, spoke, for once, in a calm and level tone, with no sign of its usual force.

At least, for about a minute. Then, Iron Wing started recapping the group's current objective, and Ratchet desperately fought to keep up.

A few seconds passed after Iron Wing was done. "...well, I suppose that eliminates the need to ask where what you're currently doing. Thank you, Iron Wing."

Throughout the above conversations, Adamant periodically interjected to protest his innocence, which sent hot flashes of anger through Ratchet. He threatens me and then dares to deny it! Then, as Ratchet finished replying to Iron Wing, Adamant came forth with the offer of a truce.

Ratchet looked at Adamant. He looked at Adamant's hoof. He looked at Adamant again. His rancorous expression was not entirely dissimilar to a pony who has just stepped in a particularly smelly pile of cow excrement. "Okay, first of all, you didn't even know if I'd try to spread around that information. I'd barely said anything since we came from the hospital, and you didn't even let me get a word in edgewise! Second, you could really stand to listen to your friend-" He gestured toward Iron Wing, "there. A threat is a threat, regardless of whether it's physical or not. And if threatening random ponies without determining whether they actually mean you ill is how you defend your friends, then I can guarantee you that you'll start a lot more problems than you'll ever solve. Consider yourself lucky they have more social graces than you do." He sighed. At this juncture, the adrenaline he'd had when the argument started was beginning to clear, and he looked at Adamant again, this time with a more neutral - almost exhausted - expression.

"That said, I suppose I can understand where you're coming from. If I had a friend who was likely to be beaten or captured if other ponies discovered what he truly was, I suppose I might get overprotective as well. And I'd hate to cause a rift within the party when we've only just met, especially when we all need to work together." Ratchet slowly - but sincerely - extended his hoof toward Adamant, and shook. "For now, I accept your truce. But rest assured, I will be watching you closely for the next little while, at least until I know I can trust you to have my back."

His dispute with Adamant settled, Ratchet turned to the rest of the party. "So, if our goal is to retrieve this emerald, what is our next step? Are we off to the forest, or is there something else we need to do?"

Rater202
2014-06-24, 04:27 PM
The police pony says we have to stay in town for a few days, in case he has to question Sicale, Iron, or myself about the brain parasite

we also need to rethink our plan, because Ms. rose is the only one with Any Idea how to get to the emerald.

Crimson Doom
2014-06-24, 09:40 PM
Having been ten minute since he last used Caje, adamant feels now would be safe to ask a few more questions

Do the other gems, including yourself but excluding the ruby and emerald, have elemental powers in addition to their thematic?[roll0]
What would happen if a non unicorn were to wield Caje? How would that work with their magic?[roll1]

The diamond does grant some light abilities and the onyx some shadow abilities. The details aren't particularly clear, though.

If a nonunicorn were to use Caje, they would be granted the powers of a reasonably-gifted unicorn in addition to the usual knowledge base. However, Caje is certainly most effective when used by a unicorn.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-26, 11:18 PM
The moment is broken by a soft snore echoing from the changeling on the bed, having finally fallen asleep from exhaustion.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-27, 02:56 PM
Ratchet gazed over at the sleeping changeling. Clearly he wasn't kidding about being tired. "So, if we're stuck here in town anyway, why not just visit Ms. Rose at the hospital tomorrow and make up a plan then? Might as well make the most of our downtime." His eyes suddenly went wide, and he scrunched his face. "Aaactually, speaking of that, are you going to need me for the next few hours? If I'm going to be adventuring with you all, I think I'll need a little more something than just my hooves to fight off timberwolves. I have an idea, but I need to take a visit to the blacksmith - assuming this town has one."

Rater202
2014-06-28, 12:35 AM
That doesn't really work.

Ms. Rose... Pretend you have a compass. Instead of Pointing North, it points to one object yout think of. With it you kno the direction, but not how far it is.

Ms. Rose has a power like that.

I'm not quite sure how it works, but...

Ordinarily, just knowing the direction would be a huge help, but in a place as saturated with wylde magic as the Everfree forest, it's quite easy to get turnd around.

Seriously, while we were out their last night, we found an entire river of lemon lime soda. Honestly don't expect any of the landmarks to stay in place with wylde magic that powerful messing around with the place.

I could try asking Caje about the Emerald, but the other gems' magic interferes with it's scrying, and the Emerald's consciousness hate's Caje, making it even harder.

And after the migraine last night, I've decided that using Caje to much might not be such a good idea

Adamant sighs.

We're in a bad situation all around really.

We've got a griffon prince who's after the emerald for nefarious purposes. He's allied himself with the same changelings who invaded Canterlot, so really we can't trust anypony, and he's plotting to concur Equestria and is trying to manipulate Princess Twilight into helping him

Adamant's eyes flash with anger for a moment

Speaking of Princess Twilight, we can't let her or her friends know about this expedition, because they'll want to accompany us, which will in tern put them in danger-Caje only deals in facts and statistics, and it says that if her majesty comes with us, she will die.

But, not telling her is easier said than done, because 1, we'll eventually have to coax her into telling us where Tartarus is because that's where the onyx is, and 2, We're going to have to deal with Prince Victor, which necessitates getting her on our discreetly because he's likely to kill her if he get's exposed or thinks he has.

Getting away from that for a moment, I'm pretty sure that Elixir, Ms. Rose, and myself were on the opposite side of the door from Discord yesterday, either him or a powerful demon of Chaos, which worries me.

And literally everypony in this town could cause a continent spanning disaster at the drop of a hat.

These are just the things I've gotten from Caje. It didn't say anything about mind controlling Brain parasite. Celestia knows what else is wrong with this town.

What I'm trying to say is, we've got to be careful, because this could blow up in our faces so easily.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-06-30, 03:32 PM
Ratchet stood there as Adamant proceeded to elaborate on just how complicated the situation was. When it was over, he rubbed his muzzle where he'd scraped it in mild frustration. "Clearly. Well, I'm all tapped out for ideas, so unless there's anything else anyone wants to do or say, I'm going to go make that visit to the blacksmith. We'll see if inspiration strikes later."

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-03, 04:23 AM
"I think Sicale has the right idea. Let's take it easy for now and we'll meet up tomorrow and formulate a plan."

And then it was the next day.

Pardon my tardiness, but I was witohut internet for two days. I hope no one minds me speeding things up, but if no one else did it for two days I thought it would be okay.

Rater202
2014-07-04, 02:54 PM
Why does it feel like we've been asleep for days.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-05, 12:08 AM
Good Morning! Who's Ready For Adventure?

Emperor Ing
2014-07-05, 01:47 AM
Hrrgh... The changeling growls, only just waking up, muttering strange sounds and hissing noises under his breath as his hooves lazily swat at the air in front of him. Anypony who can understand changlic might be able to pick up something about asking the "Keeper" for five more minutes.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-05, 06:23 AM
Ratchet's eyes reluctantly fluttered open as he rolled off the bed in the most undignified manner possible, landing on the floor with a dull thud. "Ughh... not me." Shaking himself awake, he set about the task of gathering up his gear.

First, of course, was the matter of protection. When he'd finished with the Canterlot job and gone to collect his payment, the noble in question had, apparently, been short on bits. However, he'd also been an avid collector of surplus military equipment, and had offered Ratchet an old enchanted suit of armor worth approximately as much as the remaining deficit as payment. Having been previously intent on selling it once he found a suitable vendor, Ratchet had decided to keep it - not only was it less conspicuous than regular armor, having been designed to look more like a standard suit of heavy clothing, but the enchantment was (according to the noble) supposed to help heal smaller cuts and wounds. With a few minor adjustments, Ratchet had been able to get it to fit, and, to his pleasant surprise, found out the details of the enchantment were true, as he no longer bore the previous day's scrape on his face.

Secondly, of course, came the matter of a weapon. Not comfortable with the idea of going up against monsters with just his hooves, Ratchet had turned to a story from one of his old pulp fiction magazines for inspiration. After a little convincing (and a few more bits), he was able to borrow the smithy for a couple of hours from the local blacksmith.

Not that he didn't trust the stallion's craftsmanship, of course, but buying knives was awkward enough, much less asking to have them altered.

While not a master smith by any means, he had remembered enough from his childhood to get the job done, and after buying a few more spare parts and a few hours of tinkering, he had a decent weapon. By all appearances, it was a simple canvas band around the cannon for holding quills, tools and the like (an illusion Ratchet cemented by prominently placing his lockpicks, along with a few other tools of his trade in there). However, upon sliding down a hidden switch (cleverly disguised as a button), a sturdy, inwardly curved, hidden blade would pop out - useful for both cutting obnoxious shrubbery and for getting through chinks in armor. With a few flicks of the switch, satisfied that the mechanism was holding up, Ratchet strapped it on and stood tall. Now he was ready to face whatever adventure came his way.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-05, 02:04 PM
Elixir walks into the hotel room, a mug of hot tea magically suspended next to him.

"So, what's our next move? Visiting Rose and Gerry at the hospital? Or perhaps checking in with the guards about that possessed girl? Seems like our options for adventure are limited until that gets resolved."

Forum Explorer
2014-07-06, 02:08 AM
We Should Visit Rose And Gerry! Perhaps They'll Have An Idea On How To Track Down The Emerald!

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-06, 05:12 AM
I vote we visit your friends as well. If we're going to have any idea how to track it down ourselves, weneed a plan.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-06, 09:28 AM
Okay i'm up i'm up... Sicale mutters, somehow finding the strength to get out of bed, though still half-asleep. I think...uh, get a compass, and have Compass point in the same direction or...something.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-07, 09:28 PM
[Sorry, guys. Life got a little hectic for me there.]

Myth trots into the room. "The fact that this is even up for debate is depressing. We need to see how Magnetic Lily and Cherry Pig are doing before we can hash out any sort of plan whatsoever."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-08, 10:24 AM
To this day I still want to know what he thinks my name is. A flash of rimefire consumes the changeling, replacing him with a gold-coated unicorn stallion with a silver mane. Okay remember, my name is Steel Shine.

Rater202
2014-07-08, 10:35 AM
(Can't format, on tablet)

Little tip, ratchet, Mr myth is not going to remember your name.

I can't evpen get him to call me by the right mineral-type.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-08, 10:36 AM
[Sorry, guys. Life got a little hectic for me there.]

Myth trots into the room. "The fact that this is even up for debate is depressing. We need to see how Magnetic Lily and Cherry Pig are doing before we can hash out any sort of plan whatsoever."

By now, Myth's propensity for getting ponies names wrong had long since ceased to affect Ratchet, and he made for the door. "If that's the case, then there's no point sticking around here any longer. Onward!"

OOC: Yeah, I figured that out about a week ago when I read up on your continuing adventures.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-08, 11:19 AM
By now, Myth's propensity for getting ponies names wrong had long since ceased to affect Ratchet, and he made for the door. "If that's the case, then there's no point sticking around here any longer. Onward!"

OOC: Yeah, I figured that out about a week ago when I read up on your continuing adventures.

As you proceed toward the hospital, you pass a newspaper stand that appears to be thronged by worried-looking ponies. Several ponies are whispering to each other:

"How'd they get out?"

"D'you think they'll come here?"

"Is it too late to sell all my CCF shares?"

Rater202
2014-07-08, 11:37 AM
Anypony have any idea what the hay 7s goung on?

Emperor Ing
2014-07-08, 12:01 PM
Only one way to find out. Steel-Sicale trots over to the newspaper stand, looking over the headline.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-08, 12:05 PM
Only one way to find out. Steel-Sicale trots over to the newspaper stand, looking over the headline.

The headline reads "Dangerous Prisoners Escaped from Canterlot Correctional Facility". A photo of the three barbarians also graces the front page.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-08, 12:21 PM
Sicale attempts to keep a mask of surprise as he looks over the article. This soon? Grabbing the newspaper with his cerulean aura and leaving a bit, the fake unicorn returns with the newspaper in tow. Check this out! He says, feigning surprise. It looks like three very tough looking pony barbarians escaped prison last night! He winks to Adamant and smirks, trying to signal that he wants them to act surprised and unknowing as to who those ponies are. I hope they catch those ponies soon!

Rater202
2014-07-08, 01:07 PM
Adamant gasps in false shock, but is cussing enough to make a sailor blush in his mind

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-08, 08:31 PM
Ratchet, not having been around for the incident with the barbarians and only half-remembering their being mentioned the night before, was mostly able to convincingly fake a normal response - but could not help but gulp at the prospect that enemies were on their tail already. "Honestly, if they're that dangerous, you'd think they'd have gotten higher security. What's the prison system coming to?"

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-13, 09:36 AM
"If you want to read the news then buy a paper and we'll take it with us to the hospital," says Elixir, far more calmly than he actually is. Three very dangerous individuals who are baying for this team's blood have escaped from prison. The only consolation is that the barbarians probably don't know where the group is. Yet.

Despite trying to remain cool, Elixir finds himself looking around suspiciously.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 02:10 PM
"If you want to read the news then buy a paper and we'll take it with us to the hospital," says Elixir, far more calmly than he actually is. Three very dangerous individuals who are baying for this team's blood have escaped from prison. The only consolation is that the barbarians probably don't know where the group is. Yet.

Despite trying to remain cool, Elixir finds himself looking around suspiciously.

"I agree with Concoction," Ancient scowls. "Not as if we can do anything about it right now."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 03:01 PM
Well I already bought it so... Steel-Sicale sticks the newspaper in his saddlebags, continuing to the hospital.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 03:18 PM
The party continues to the hospital.

When they arrive, the nurse informs them that Gerry is currently asleep, but that Compass is awake and willing to see them.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 03:25 PM
Hey Compass! Steel-Sicale cheerfully greets the injured Pegasus. How are you feeling?

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 03:30 PM
Hey Compass! Steel-Sicale cheerfully greets the injured Pegasus. How are you feeling?

"Bruised," she grimaces. "Very bruised. But it could've been a lot worse if you guys hadn't gotten me back here so quickly. So thanks." She smiles.

Then she blinks in surprise. "Um. Who's that?" She gestures at Ratchet.

"Clank. New recruit," Ancient promptly replies.

She sighs. "Okay, what's his actual name?"

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 03:47 PM
Ratchet, and yes, I already told him who I really am. Sicale says, turning to Ratchet. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-13, 04:23 PM
"Um. Who's that?"

"Clank. New recruit."

"*sigh* Okay, what's his actual name?"

"Ratchet, and yes, I already told him who I really am." *turns to Ratchet* "Feel free to introduce yourself."

Ratchet extended his hoof in greeting. "Pleasure to meet you, Compass," he said, smiling lightly. "Like Si- Steel Shine said, I'm aware about his-" Ratchet abruptly jerked back and looked both ways to ensure there were no eavesdroppers around. "...condition." He rubbed the back of his neck. "You, uh, were out at the time, so you probably don't remember, but your friends ran into me on the way into Ponyville and I helped carry you into the hospital. Then I asked what happened, they told me - or, to be more accurate, Iron Wing did - and, uh, then Myth brought me on." He shrugged. "Now we're trying to figure out how to continue our search for the Emerald, since, according to what they've told me, you're the one who knows how to sense the locations of the gems."

Forum Explorer
2014-07-13, 04:26 PM
Also We Have Bad News! There Was A Prison Break, And Guess Who Managed To Escape In It? On That Note, Why Were We Pretending To Not Know About Them? It's Starting To Seem Like This Group Is Keeping Secrets For The Sake Of Keeping Secrets!

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 04:33 PM
It's called "discretion," Iron. Sicale says flatly to Iron Hoof. We don't know who is listening at any point. If an off-hoof comment is heard by the wrong pony at the wrong time, it would prove disasterous, to say nothing of any unseen eyes and ears that may be on us at any time. It's not a changling thing, it's a smart thing. Ratchet might pick up on how Steel-Sicale pronounced the name of his species as "chan-gling."

Besides, I knew they'd escape eventually the moment we decided to turn them in. In fact, I counted on it.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-13, 04:47 PM
It's Paranoia! Our Capture Of Those Barbarians Was A Public Matter! Anypony Who Cares To Know Who Was Responsible Could Easily Look It Up! In Fact It's Not Unreasonable To Think That The Guard Will Seek Us Out To Ensure That We Are Aware That The Prisoners Are Free Once Again!

What's More, By Pretending To Have Nothing To Do With The Prisoners, You Have Only Made Things Worse! If There Truly Were Watchful Eyes On Us, Then They Would Wonder Why We Were Denying Our Involvement In The Capture In The First Place!

Now Compass, Have You Any Ideas On How We Could Continue To Search For The Emerald?

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 04:54 PM
Ratchet extended his hoof in greeting. "Pleasure to meet you, Compass," he said, smiling lightly.

"Good to meet you, too," Compass says with a smile. "Sorry for not taking your hoof; they told me to move as little as possible for today."

Also We Have Bad News! There Was A Prison Break, And Guess Who Managed To Escape In It?

Compass winced. "That's... not good. With two of us out of the picture..." She didn't finish her sentence. She didn't have to.

"Now we're trying to figure out how to continue our search for the Emerald, since, according to what they've told me, you're the one who knows how to sense the locations of the gems."

Now Compass, Have You Any Ideas On How We Could Continue To Search For The Emerald?

She brightened up a bit. "Actually, Gerry had some ideas on that. If you can get certain components for him, he thinks that once he's recovered enough for fine hoof-work, he can whip up a machine that mimics my sense of direction."

Forum Explorer
2014-07-13, 05:26 PM
Wonderful! What Are These Components?

Rater202
2014-07-13, 05:29 PM
Besides, I knew they'd escape eventually the moment we decided to turn them in. In fact, I counted on it.

Please tell me that means that you've got a plan to deal with them, should they track us down.

Preferably one that's better than my plan of "You and I blast them with everything we've got, while everypony else gangs up and wails on whoever's left"

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 05:29 PM
Wonderful! What Are These Components?

Compass looks a little embarrassed. "I don't actually know... Gerry wrote a list, though. Once he wakes up, I'm sure he can direct you in that direction."

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-13, 06:30 PM
"Please tell me that means that you've got a plan to deal with them, should they track us down. Preferably one that's better than my plan of 'You and I blast them with everything we've got, while everypony else gangs up and wails on whoever's left.'"

Ratchet raised a hoof. "If we're going to talk about fighting, I'd just like to state for the record that I much prefer sneaking up from behind, THEN wailing. Or jumping down on them from a height and then wailing. Or throwing sand in their faces. Or running away. I'm especially good at that last one."

Compass looks a little embarrassed. "I don't actually know... Gerry wrote a list, though. Once he wakes up, I'm sure he can direct you in that direction."

He then scratched his chin. "Actually, as long as we're talking about building a machine, I could probably help with putting it together or tracking down the parts. I'm a tinker and locksmith by trade, so... well... two heads is better than one, right?"

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-13, 06:41 PM
"Hello Compass, good to see you're awake."

Ratchet raised a hoof. "If we're going to talk about fighting, I'd just like to state for the record that I much prefer sneaking up from behind, THEN wailing. Or jumping down on them from a height and then wailing. Or throwing sand in their faces. Or running away. I'm especially good at that last one."
"Not a bad idea. I'm fond of the 'get somepony else to fight for you' style, personally."

"well... two heads is better than one, right?"

"Right. Unless you run into a Hydra, of course," Elixir joked.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 07:41 PM
Please tell me that means that you've got a plan to deal with them, should they track us down.

I'll tell you about it when we have a bit more privacy. Put simply, we're gonna pit our enemies against one another.

Compass, do you know if Gerry wrote the list down or not...?

Crimson Doom
2014-07-13, 09:11 PM
He then scratched his chin. "Actually, as long as we're talking about building a machine, I could probably help with putting it together or tracking down the parts. I'm a tinker and locksmith by trade, so... well... two heads is better than one, right?"

"Oh, good! That should help," agrees Compass.

Compass, do you know if Gerry wrote the list down or not...?

"Yeah, he wrote it down," she confirmed. "I just don't know where exactly he put the list."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-13, 09:49 PM
Well, we can...ask him, but I don't think anyling-erhm, anypony will be happy about waking him up. Do you know when he might be up or will we have to come back later?

Crimson Doom
2014-07-14, 09:02 PM
Well, we can...ask him, but I don't think anyling-erhm, anypony will be happy about waking him up. Do you know when he might be up or will we have to come back later?

Compass shrugged, then winced, having forgotten that shrugging was, at the moment, a painful action for her. "You might ask the nurse how long he's been asleep, I suppose..."

Unless anyone objects, you ask the nurse and find out that Gerry has awoken. He hands over the list. Ratchet takes a look at it and sees nothing that can't be obtained from the local shop in Ponyville.

You obtain the stuff without problems, and while Gerry isn't quite at 100%, between his designs and Ratchet's assistance, you take 20 on the check and have a compass machine built by about 4:00 PM.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-15, 09:54 AM
Wiping the beads of sweat from his forehead, Ratchet looked up from where they were assembling the device, and, with a few last checks, nodded. "Well, that's one problem taken care of," he said, flush with pride at a job well done. "But now we have another: What do we do about our orders to not leave town?" He scratched his chin, then looked at . "Does anypony have any ideas, or are we just going to have to play the waiting game?"

Crimson Doom
2014-07-15, 09:56 AM
Wiping the beads of sweat from his forehead, Ratchet looked up from where they were assembling the device, and, with a few last checks, nodded. "Well, that's one problem taken care of," he said, flush with pride at a job well done. "But now we have another: What do we do about our orders to not leave town?" He scratched his chin, then looked at . "Does anypony have any ideas, or are we just going to have to play the waiting game?"

"We could just ignore those orders," Ancient says, rolling his eyes. "If he doesn't need us by now, he's probably never going to."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 12:08 PM
We could stop by the police station to check up, politely ask if we'll ever be needed. Chances are we can convince them that keeping tabs on us unnecessarily is a waste of police time and resources.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-15, 01:27 PM
We could stop by the police station to check up, politely ask if we'll ever be needed. Chances are we can convince them that keeping tabs on us unnecessarily is a waste of police time and resources.
Ratchet hemmed a little before nodding. "I guess we lose nothing by asking."

x

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-15, 02:00 PM
"Seems like a plan. I'd rather we didn't get half our team thrown in jail for ignoring orders from a guard."

Rater202
2014-07-15, 04:16 PM
Adamant says nothing, as he's not sure if this is a good Idea or not.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 05:36 PM
At The Very Least, They'll Appreciate The Courtesy Of Us Telling Them That We Need To Leave Town!

Rater202
2014-07-15, 05:53 PM
At The Very Least, They'll Appreciate The Courtesy Of Us Telling Them That We Need To Leave Town!

Well, we're not leaving town. We'll be back in a few days at most.

Unless we die.

Should probably update my will again.

Steel? If I die, you can have my spell book.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 06:33 PM
Well, we're not leaving town. We'll be back in a few days at most.

Unless we die.

Should probably update my will again.

Steel? If I die, you can have my spell book.

Er, Yes We Are Leaving Town! We Might Only Be Gone For A Few Days, But We Won't Be In Town For Those Few Days! Thus We Will Have Left Town! Though That Does Raise A Good Question! If We Succeed Perfectly, Should We Come Back? We've Gone To Such Lengths To Avoid Victor And His Host's Attention Already! Returning Instead Of Heading For The Next Gem Might Be Unnecessarily Risky!

Rater202
2014-07-15, 06:51 PM
Er, Yes We Are Leaving Town! We Might Only Be Gone For A Few Days, But We Won't Be In Town For Those Few Days! Thus We Will Have Left Town! Though That Does Raise A Good Question! If We Succeed Perfectly, Should We Come Back? We've Gone To Such Lengths To Avoid Victor And His Host's Attention Already! Returning Instead Of Heading For The Next Gem Might Be Unnecessarily Risky!

We have to come back. Ms. Rose and Rig are still here.

Besides, f Victor find out we have the Emerald, he'll come after us, and those whole "Illegal domination and invasion of Equestria thing is something that so far only we know about. That's really the sort of thing we should take care of, especially since the only proof we have is Caje.

Besides, I'd have thought you'd want to take care of a rival for the Griffon throne, your majesty.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 06:52 PM
Honestly Adamant, I don't think you have to worry about who gets your spellbook, you're too tough to die.

If I recall correctly, Caje told us an opportunity to expose Victor to Princess Twilight will present itself to us. We should keep eyes open for it and prepare our argument.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 07:16 PM
We have to come back. Ms. Rose and Rig are still here.

Besides, f Victor find out we have the Emerald, he'll come after us, and those whole "Illegal domination and invasion of Equestria thing is something that so far only we know about. That's really the sort of thing we should take care of, especially since the only proof we have is Caje.

Besides, I'd have thought you'd want to take care of a rival for the Griffon throne, your majesty.

I Want To Openly Challenge Him! Not Deal With Him In Secrecy And Deceit!

Rater202
2014-07-15, 07:22 PM
Honestly Adamant, I don't think you have to worry about who gets your spellbook, you're too tough to die.

If I recall correctly, Caje told us an opportunity to expose Victor to Princess Twilight will present itself to us. We should keep eyes open for it and prepare our argument.

What Caje says is that if we get the emerald before he does, we can force him to expose his hand before he's , and that a Pinkie Promise would convince her that we're telling the truth and that you can be trusted, if your... condition becomes known to her.

Caje also said we could take him, but that was before Ms. Rose and Mr. Rig were hospitalized.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 07:31 PM
I Want To Openly Challenge Him! Not Deal With Him In Secrecy And Deceit!

He has the support of an unknown number of ponies, griffons, and at least ten defectors from my Hive, as well as an unknown number of changlings from other hives. He solicited my Hive for help, one can only guess how many other Hives were asked, let alone how many said "yes." That is not even mentioning what power he has gained through his friendship with Princess Twilight.

So yes, we do have to deal with him in secrecy and deceit. Were we to challenge him openly, we should consider ourselves lucky if we are simply shouted down.

Rater202
2014-07-15, 07:42 PM
Here's what we have to do. We need to get the emerald, and we need to capture one or more of his Changeling associates.

Then we expose his plans to the Princess, destroying his native power structure, and if what Caje has said about his personality, will force him to attack either us or the Princess, at which case we can then openly challenge him and whoop his plot.

With any luck, we'll be able to take out some of his Changeling allies in the forest.

The end result is we've taken out a rival for the Gems and foiled a plot to conquer Equestria, which would make her majesty more partial to us, so she'll tell us where Tartarus is.

Does that make sense, Iron?

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 07:50 PM
He has the support of an unknown number of ponies, griffons, and at least ten defectors from my Hive, as well as an unknown number of changlings from other hives. He solicited my Hive for help, one can only guess how many other Hives were asked, let alone how many said "yes." That is not even mentioning what power he has gained through his friendship with Princess Twilight.

So yes, we do have to deal with him in secrecy and deceit. Were we to challenge him openly, we should consider ourselves lucky if we are simply shouted down.

Iron Wing glares at Sicale, I Know That! And If I Truly Though Victor Had Enough Honor To Face Me In Open Combat Then I Would Challenge Him! As Is We Must First Remove His Ability To Strike With Deceit And Treachery! Then I Can Face Him With Honor!

Here's what we have to do. We need to get the emerald, and we need to capture one or more of his Changeling associates.

Then we expose his plans to the Princess, destroying his native power structure, and if what Caje has said about his personality, will force him to attack either us or the Princess, at which case we can then openly challenge him and whoop his plot.

With any luck, we'll be able to take out some of his Changeling allies in the forest.

The end result is we've taken out a rival for the Gems and foiled a plot to conquer Equestria, which would make her majesty more partial to us, so she'll tell us where Tartarus is.

Does that make sense, Iron?

That's Fine. Iron Wing says flatly, clearly pissed off at the changling and his friend.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 08:05 PM
Steel-Sicale said this to nopony in particular. Did I mention that there's a rumor about Prince Victor in the Hive? Supposedly, Prince Victor had his power challenged by a rival, and pieces of that rival were found as far away as our hive.

Rater202
2014-07-15, 08:14 PM
Steel-Sicale said this to nopony in particular. Did I mention that there's a rumor about Prince Victor in the Hive? Supposedly, Prince Victor had his power challenged by a rival, and pieces of that rival were found as far away as our hive.

Adamant goes wide eyed

Buddy? that's really something you should have told us earlier.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-15, 09:16 PM
Ratchet sat back and listened, leaving the strategizing to the established members of the group, though he did raise his hoof and make the beginnings of a protest when Adamant and Iron Wing briefly started arguing. At the mention of Victor's method of dealing with challengers, however, his mouth dropped open in a silent scream, and several dogs nearby started whimpering.
Eventually, he managed to speak. "...ri-hi-hight. So if there are no more objections, we should probably get going so that we can get permission to get out of town and as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from the angry nasty griffon, thankyouverymuch."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 09:32 PM
Steel-Sicale frowns. I-I'm sorry, I thought I already told you!

But yeah. I'm sorry Iron, but I say that to say we can't out-brute-force Victor.

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 09:49 PM
I'm Not Surprised! It's Exactly What I'd Expect Out Of Such A Coward! It's INFURIATING That Scum Like Him Even Pretends To Hold Pretensions Towards The Throne Of All Griffonkind! He Deserves Not Only Destruction, But For All His Sins To Be Revealed To The World! Only When He Has Felt The Full Weight Of His Dishonor, And Is Cornered Into Facing Us Properly Will I Be Satisfied!

Crimson Doom
2014-07-15, 09:50 PM

Ancient rolls his eyes, but doesn't dissent.

Ratchet sat back and listened, leaving the strategizing to the established members of the group, though he did raise his hoof and make the beginnings of a protest when Adamant and Iron Wing briefly started arguing. At the mention of Victor's method of dealing with challengers, however, his mouth dropped open in a silent scream, and several dogs nearby started whimpering.
Eventually, he managed to speak. "...ri-hi-hight. So if there are no more objections, we should probably get going so that we can get permission to get out of town and as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from the angry nasty griffon, thankyouverymuch."

"Agreed," Ancient concurs. "We've wasted enough time arguing as it is."

Forum Explorer
2014-07-15, 09:54 PM
Then Lets Be Off! The Police Station And Then The Forest!

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 10:14 PM
I'm Not Surprised! It's Exactly What I'd Expect Out Of Such A Coward! It's INFURIATING That Scum Like Him Even Pretends To Hold Pretensions Towards The Throne Of All Griffonkind! He Deserves Not Only Destruction, But For All His Sins To Be Revealed To The World! Only When He Has Felt The Full Weight Of His Dishonor, And Is Cornered Into Facing Us Properly Will I Be Satisfied!

The time will come. Let's get going to the police station. Hey Compass, it's good to see you're doing well. Tell Gerry I said 'Hi' would you? With that he gets going to the police station.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-15, 10:16 PM
The party heads off to the police station.

You notice on the way to the station a trio of well-dressed ponies leaving the police station.

You notice on the way to the station a trio of well-dressed ponies leaving the police station. Two of them are male, wearing tuxedoes, and the third, a chubby female, wears an elegant black dress.

You notice on the way to the station a trio of well-dressed ponies leaving the police station. One of them is a dignified-looking dark grey unicorn with a grey-and-black-speckled mane, clearly an older stallion. His tuxedo covers his Cutie Mark. Wearing a frustrated expression on his face, he's speaking to the female by his side, a chubby brown Earth pony with a black mane in an elegant black dress that also covers her Cutie Mark. The third, a pegasus, trails behind them, his yellow coat contrasting with the more dull appearances of his companions (though he also has a black mane). He wears a less fancy tuxedo that nonetheless covers his Cutie Mark.

Overall, they give you the impression of a Canterlot lord and lady with a butler.

If you do nothing about the stuff you perceive, you arrive at the station without any problems.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-15, 10:35 PM
Perception

[roll0]

Taking a particular interest in the trio, Steel-Sicale focuses his empathy-sense towards hearing their thoughts.

using one use of Mind Reader

Crimson Doom
2014-07-16, 08:17 AM
Perception

[roll0]

Taking a particular interest in the trio, Steel-Sicale focuses his empathy-sense towards hearing their thoughts.

using one use of Mind Reader

Since two of them are talking, you basically get a sense of their conversation, which goes something like this:

Female: "Look, I know. But even with the weird things that go on in Ponyville, can you really expect that they'd believe that they're heading here without any proof or explanation why?"

Male: "I had harbored expectations that I might not be dealing with fools. Perhaps they were ill-advised hopes."

Female: "All this means is we have to deal with those barbarians ourselves. Maybe if we're lucky, we can get-."

Male: "Hush. We can discuss this later in a more private setting."

Because you're Detecting Thoughts, you pick up that the female meant "that group of adventurers who beat them last time."

The other male, the yellow pegasus, is letting his mind wander a little, wondering what is so gosh-darned important about those barbarians. However, you note that he is also observing possible escape routes and sizing up passerby to see if they might be threats.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-16, 08:35 AM
Elixir pays no attention to the ponies.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-16, 08:43 AM
Perception: [roll0]

Ratchet thought back to his recent experience in Canterlot, and wondered what one of the upper crust was doing in Ponyville, but did nothing.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-16, 12:14 PM
Sicale suspects the group will be running into those nobles before long, but since there is nothing there immediately worrisome, the Inquisitor chooses not to engage. Instead he continues into the police station.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-16, 12:39 PM
As you enter the police station, you see a male earth pony, blue in color, filling out paperwork with a bored expression on his face. As the group enters, he looks up, a surprised expression on his face. "Um... hello. How may I help you today?"

Emperor Ing
2014-07-16, 01:21 PM
Yes, we're here about a mare that was brought in yesterday who is, excuse me, allegedly is possessed by something. The officer in the arrest said we might be needed later for questions, we were wondering if we could talk to him?

Forum Explorer
2014-07-16, 01:21 PM
Iron Wing gives the ponies a curious glance, but doesn't bother to interact with them.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-16, 01:23 PM
Yes, we're here about a mare that was brought in yesterday who is, excuse me, allegedly is possessed by something. The officer in the arrest said we might be needed later for questions, we were wondering if we could talk to him?

The police pony blinks. "Ummm..." He starts rifling through a stack of papers. "...I don't see anything in our records about that. Do you have the name of either the officer or the suspect?"

Emperor Ing
2014-07-16, 01:34 PM
The police pony blinks. "Ummm..." He starts rifling through a stack of papers. "...I don't see anything in our records about that. Do you have the name of either the officer or the suspect?"

Suspect is "Daisy," I didn't catch the police officer's name but he was a Unicorn Stallion with a hoof-cuffs cutie-mark.

Rater202
2014-07-16, 01:59 PM
Adamant is getting a bad feeling about this

Did the parasite hop bodies or otherwise incapacitate the police officer, or in any other way prevent wither Ms. Daisy or the officer from getting to the Station?[roll0]

Crimson Doom
2014-07-16, 09:44 PM
Adamant is getting a bad feeling about this

Did the parasite hop bodies or otherwise incapacitate the police officer, or in any other way prevent wither Ms. Daisy or the officer from getting to the Station?[roll0]

The parasite doesn't seem to have anything to do with this oddity. Aside from the obvious fact that it's in Daisy and all.

Suspect is "Daisy," I didn't catch the police officer's name but he was a Unicorn Stallion with a hoof-cuffs cutie-mark.

He looks up sharply at that. "We have no such stallion in Ponyville." A troubled expression crosses his face. "Sounds to me like we've got a kidnapping on our hooves."

Emperor Ing
2014-07-16, 10:22 PM
He looks up sharply at that. "We have no such stallion in Ponyville." A troubled expression crosses his face. "Sounds to me like we've got a kidnapping on our hooves."

Steel-Sicale stares blankly at the pony in front of him before finally facehoofing. You have GOT to be kidding me. Sicale recalls this feeling he had. Uneasy feeling, that maybe he should have followed Daisy and the policepony, if only to ensure Not-Daisy didn't try anything funny. Now who-knows-what could be happening, and the real Daisy must be suffering tremendously. So it looks like we're going to file a Missing Ponies report. I can tell you where I last saw them going, if you can get a pen ready.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-17, 07:21 AM
Elixir frowns. It seems they had been played for fools. This fake police pony was probably in league with the possessor, rescuing them from Sicale.

He turns to the others while Sicale tallks to the officer. "Well, the good news is that we can leave this matter with the authorities and continue on with our mission. On the other hoof, something doesn't feel right. I don't think we've heard the last of this."

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 09:09 AM
Steel-Sicale stares blankly at the pony in front of him before finally facehoofing. You have GOT to be kidding me. Sicale recalls this feeling he had. Uneasy feeling, that maybe he should have followed Daisy and the policepony, if only to ensure Not-Daisy didn't try anything funny. Now who-knows-what could be happening, and the real Daisy must be suffering tremendously. So it looks like we're going to file a Missing Ponies report. I can tell you where I last saw them going, if you can get a pen ready.

The police pony takes out a pen and dutifully notes down whatever Sicale tells him.

Elixir frowns. It seems they had been played for fools. This fake police pony was probably in league with the possessor, rescuing them from Sicale.

He turns to the others while Sicale tallks to the officer. "Well, the good news is that we can leave this matter with the authorities and continue on with our mission. On the other hoof, something doesn't feel right. I don't think we've heard the last of this."

"Of course not," Ancient grumbles. "In fact, this probably isn't even the last secret conspiracy we're gonna see! What is it with all these weird organizations popping out of the woodwork?!"

Emperor Ing
2014-07-17, 09:18 AM
"In fact, this probably isn't even the last secret conspiracy we're gonna see! What is it with all these weird organizations popping out of the woodwork?!"
I really wish they would stop. Have they no respect for my plans?!

He looks back to the police officer, relaying the story of his first encounter with Daisy, where he and Iron chased down the retreating Daisy relative to the hospital, and then eventually apprehended her, the encounter with the fake police officer, and which direction he walked off with Daisy. What Steel-Sicale doesn't tell the officer about is how he's beating himself up inside over what he considers a rookie mistake. That's the last I saw them.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 09:26 AM
I really wish they would stop. Have they no respect for my plans?!

He looks back to the police officer, relaying the story of his first encounter with Daisy, where he and Iron chased down the retreating Daisy relative to the hospital, and then eventually apprehended her, the encounter with the fake police officer, and which direction he walked off with Daisy. What Steel-Sicale doesn't tell the officer about is how he's beating himself up inside over what he considers a rookie mistake. That's the last I saw them.

He nods as he gets down the last of that. "Alright. I'm not sure I believe all this about mind worms or whatever, but I'll start a search. Mind worms or not, this is clearly a kidnapping. If you remember or find out anything else about this, please let an officer know." He pauses. "Actually, come to think, if there are police impostors running around, might be best to check their credentials first. We're legally obligated to carry them and show them if asked. So if somepony can't..." He trails off.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-17, 09:31 AM
I find it hard to imagine fake officers aren't carrying fake credentials. Could I please see your legitimate credentials so I might be able to spot a fake?

Actually, I recall something else he said. Sicale only just now remembers.

I remember us telling him we're explorers who went into the Everfree Forest. Yes, we know, it's dangerous, but he seemed particularly adamant, no i'm not talking about you, Adamant, that we do not go back in and that we stay in town so that he can find us. It might be nothing, but it might also mean that wherever Daisy and her kidnapper are, they're probably out-of-town and don't want us pursuing. Probably in the Everfree Forest.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 09:35 AM
I find it hard to imagine fake officers aren't carrying fake credentials. Could I please see your legitimate credentials so I might be able to spot a fake?

"Sure," he says, handing over a laminated piece of paper and an official-looking metal badge.

You're certain that it's both legitimate and difficult to replicate; you should be able to tell the difference without much difficulty.

Lord Of Mantas
2014-07-17, 09:38 AM
"Well, the good news is that we can leave this matter with the authorities and continue on with our mission. On the other hoof, something doesn't feel right. I don't think we've heard the last of this."

"Of course not. In fact, this probably isn't even the last secret conspiracy we're gonna see! What is it with all these weird organizations popping out of the woodwork?!"

Ratchet spoke in a low voice to avoid attracting the officer's attention. "Doesn't feel right is an understatement. Also, who says it's another one? It could very well just be a changeling or one of Victor's men in disguise, plugging a leak. In any case, I agree with Sicale - they're probably in the Everfree forest, and since that's where we're going anyway... I say we make like a banana and split. Times-a-wasting." Ratchet blinked confusedly at himself, not used to being quite that decisive.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 09:47 AM

Actually, I recall something else he said. Sicale only just now remembers.

I remember us telling him we're explorers who went into the Everfree Forest. Yes, we know, it's dangerous, but he seemed particularly adamant, no i'm not talking about you, Adamant, that we do not go back in and that we stay in town so that he can find us. It might be nothing, but it might also mean that wherever Daisy and her kidnapper are, they're probably out-of-town and don't want us pursuing. Probably in the Everfree Forest.

He blanched. "...if they really did go there, then there's not much we can do about it. Last time we tried to lead a search party in the Everfree, half the force got devoured by an Everfree Python. We still haven't fully reconstituted the force from that fiasco."

He sighs. "I just hope you're wrong."

Ratchet spoke in a low voice to avoid attracting the officer's attention. "Doesn't feel right is an understatement. Also, who says it's another one? It could very well just be a changeling or one of Victor's men in disguise, plugging a leak. In any case, I agree with Sicale - they're probably in the Everfree forest, and since that's where we're going anyway... I say we make like a banana and split. Times-a-wasting." Ratchet blinked confusedly at himself, not used to being quite that decisive.

"Well, look who went and grew a backbone," Ancient mutters. "Clank's right, though. We need to finish up here and get to it."

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-17, 09:50 AM
"Of course not," Ancient grumbles. "In fact, this probably isn't even the last secret conspiracy we're gonna see! What is it with all these weird organizations popping out of the woodwork?!"
"I don't know, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we just happen to keep running into them after we've just started our job."

Ratchet spoke in a low voice to avoid attracting the officer's attention. "Doesn't feel right is an understatement. Also, who says it's another one? It could very well just be a changeling or one of Victor's men in disguise, plugging a leak."
"Yeah, I thought that too."

"In any case, I agree with Sicale - they're probably in the Everfree forest, and since that's where we're going anyway... I say we make like a banana and split. Times-a-wasting."
Elixir nods. "Sounds like we have a plan."

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 09:53 AM
"I don't know, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we just happen to keep running into them after we've just started our job."

Ancient's brow furrows thoughtfully, but he doesn't say anything else on the subject.

Emperor Ing
2014-07-17, 09:57 AM
He sighs. "I just hope you're wrong."

I hope i'm wrong too.

Anyways, thank you for your help, Officer. We're going to be out-of-town for the next day or so, but let us know if we can be of any help. If Daisy turns up on our end, we'll let you know immediately.

Crimson Doom
2014-07-17, 10:03 AM
I hope i'm wrong too.

Anyways, thank you for your help, Officer. We're going to be out-of-town for the next day or so, but let us know if we can be of any help. If Daisy turns up on our end, we'll let you know immediately.

He nods firmly. "Thank you. In case you need to ask for me by name, I'm Officer Pressure Point." He gathers up his papers, and starts heading towards the back, yelling for somepony called Paper Pusher.