PDA

View Full Version : The 8 Guilds of Xil

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Valery
2014-10-20, 03:02 PM
Fife hugs the man back, realizing after a moment that it was not a bear-hug-o-death like what broke Leary, the bassist. "You're welcome, sir."

Fife turns to Chistara and says, "You want to start off now or stay for the day? As far as weird boxes go I'd like to get rid of them quickly. There was a guy in our troupe once, he played the fiddle and carried a weird box around with him. Didn't kill him or anything, just had a weird toy monkey that would pop out and play the symbols.....it would go off at night....we hated it...."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-20, 07:44 PM
There is once again a slight pause and then loud laughter of the dwarf.
"BAH HA HA. Are you sure ya are an elf? Never have I heard of one ta gives two damns about engineering. They tend ta be too concerned with da trees and magic. I'm coming down to get a closer look at ya three."

There is a bit of stomping from the outpost and the dwarf descends down the ladder of the outpost. He marches up to the group.
"Ok elf. I know ya. Now, these two... the dumb looking one and the smart looking hobbit. Care to be as polite as... sorry I don't recall your name."
"Harnor Vitsi-"
"Lords lad, I asked ta elf first! Ta elf was ta brave one ta speak up first, so he gets ta introduce himself first. I can respect a brave one, even if he's a rude one. Coming in an insulting those he expects to host his visit."
"Eh, he's actually pretty cool once you get to know him."
"Lords and Ladies. Ya are just not gonna let ta elf introduce himself are ya?"
"At this rate? Probably after this sentence if you don't complain about me saying it."

The dwarf begins to open his mouth again before shutting it and then speaking again.
"If, and if, we end up fighting. I'm gonna tell my men to shoot ya first pretty boy."
"Shutting up now.... for now."
"Good. Now, where we're me. I know Harnor Interrupts-A-Lot over there. What are ya names? And politics? Ya guilds in trouble about something? Ya guilds should know Dkraten allies, but does not meddle often for Xil."

sparky9042
2014-10-21, 12:43 AM
Ioriston joins the dwarf in laughter. "The name is Ioriston. And how may I address you? As for our political issues, we were hoping to discuss recent events in Pamelon to both further our understanding of what went on as well as make you aware of the rogue guild." Ioriston strolls slightly while talking, but continues to focus on the dwarf in the distance carrying the firearm. "As for my interest in engineering...consider me someone interested in pursuing knowledge of any sort, rather than keeping to a metaphorical ivory tower."

[roll0]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-10-21, 05:30 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick decides to dive in deep, since they've been spotted anyway, and rides up to the self-important man. "A good day to you, sir. I was wondering, could you refer two weary travelers to an inn worthy of those that can afford one?" He also points at Sophia, indicating the obvious fact that they are traveling together. "We for sure are glad to have come across this town, the road has been wearing us down."

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-21, 09:59 AM
Torma gives a small bow accompanied by a short stroke of his (pitifully wispy) beard, meant as a sign of respect. "I am Torma, a bender and herbalist, and a recent recruit to Cherry Home. My personal politics are essentially non-existent. Until recently I've lived most of my life on the road, going from town to town and offering my services wherever they are needed. But as Ioriston said, we have been sent to exchange some political information with Dkraten."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-21, 12:59 PM
The man kind raises an eyebrow and Waldrick. He looks at your guild emblems then back up to Waldricks face (He's shorter than you).

"So you're just passing through then? We most certainly can offer you a place to stay and, if you're just passing through, I will gladly host you in my home for free with a full meal as well if that is acceptable. I suppose you'd leave the next morning?"

Sophia notes that everyone has returned to behaving normally since shortly after Waldrick began speaking with the man.

(Note this is the town you guys were headed to investigate. I realize the last IC post wasn't very clear on that)

(Sorry Ioriston, not telling you anything with that roll D:)
"I am Elthoron, captain of these scouts.

Rogue guild? How do they deal with constructs?"

The dwarf strokes his much larger beard in a similar way as Torma.
"Alright ya boys. I can't promise ya entry into Dkraten, but will see what Thoron says."

Elthoron begins leading the way towards the massive dome that is surrounded by one extremely large wall (image the Domes from the movie prometheus, except smoother and larger and only one of them). All but one of the flanking dwarves (the one with the pistol) follow from a distance, remaining on the cliff.

The wall stands 30 odd feet, but the dome itself is even larger and seems to be hewn out of rock. Upon the wall are several odd looking creatures, looking as if they're made of metal (DC16 KnowHistory/Arcana for Warforged).
http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/warforged-01.jpg

Interestingly enough there appears to be very few dwarves outside of Dkraten at all. As the group passes the large wall and nears the dome they see even more off the odd creatures. These seem to being doing relatively trivial tasks such as sweeping the dirt, wiping the stone dome clean, or patrolling.

Directly in front of the group is a massive metal door on the Dome. In front of it stands a few dwarves in full plate as well as one in half plate over fine violet robes. He hails the group as they approach. Of all dwarves he is most certainly the most pompous looking one.

"And who do ElThoron bring to I? Thoron? Do not make an utterance from your mouth Elthoron. I shall decide if the first gate shall be opened to these. One a halfing, not unlike some I have seen before, of strong a heart I am sure is he. From his tribe I have allowed some in. Do not bore I, Thoron, but rather be straight to the point and you shall enter Dkraten at the behest of Thoron, who has long today watched the gate and is tired and longs for rest. Many hours have passed and I have seen the sun rise a seventh time and the gate shall open when I see the sun fall a seventh time. Then and only then shall we enter Dkraten and you only at the will of I, Thoron, provided your will is great and your aims are worthy. For only I, Thoron, shall make the decision of who will enter upon opening of the gate whence it does open. Upon which time, if entry into Dkraten you receive, you shall be most grateful to Thoron, for it is I who granted you the presence.

Now do not dally any longer. For what aims shall I, Thoron, allow you into Dkraten whence the sun sets the seventh time?"

Samah
2014-10-21, 03:26 PM
Chistara eyes the hug that the merchant gives Fife and smiles. "That was a kind thing, Fife. We can do whatever ye'd like. Sleep here'n I can refesh my spells or we can head on and get as much groud behind us as can be." She shrugs. "I'm good with either."

Valery
2014-10-21, 04:21 PM
Chistara eyes the hug that the merchant gives Fife and smiles. "That was a kind thing, Fife. We can do whatever ye'd like. Sleep here'n I can refesh my spells or we can head on and get as much groud behind us as can be." She shrugs. "I'm good with either."

"Hmmmm, we could stay the night here for a day. I do need a component pouch. I'm sure there is one here in one of the markets. And who knows? It might be fun to stay and party with Klanen. That is, of course, as long as they don't kill me....maybe I can appease them with spoon playing....I do play a mighty spoon!"

Octauianus
2014-10-21, 06:20 PM
The man kind raises an eyebrow and Waldrick. He looks at your guild emblems then back up to Waldricks face (He's shorter than you).

"So you're just passing through then? We most certainly can offer you a place to stay and, if you're just passing through, I will gladly host you in my home for free with a full meal as well if that is acceptable. I suppose you'd leave the next morning?"

Sophia notes that everyone has returned to behaving normally since shortly after Waldrick began speaking with the man.

(Note this is the town you guys were headed to investigate. I realize the last IC post wasn't very clear on that)

[/SPOILER]

Sophia curtsies to the man and replies, "Dear kind sir, I would like to thank-you for your hospitality. However, we are not merely passing through and we are spending a couple of days here in town. Would it be possible to lodge with you and take your offer for an extended period? If not, would you please recommend to us a suitable place that is not quite expensive in which we can stay"

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-21, 08:05 PM
(I got nothing)

He raises an eyebrow.

"Why are you staying? I mean, my family will host you longer if you wish, it is Chiite hospitality after all. There is only a small lodge in this town I'm afraid, if you'd rather do that. I am unaware of the price."

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-10-22, 04:26 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick was not willing to give away as much information as Sophia had just done, but nothing's beyond repair. Yet. "Ah, no, we would hate to intrude on your personal life. Our mission here will have us up and about at the strangest hours." Waldrick smiles a broad innocent smile at the man. "We're here to investigate a number of missing persons reports, and to assess whether they are linked to sightings of unnaturally large spiders." Waldrick looks briefly at Sophia and then back to the man. "The safety of the people, also those that travel, is paramount to us." Man, Girelda would have been better at this, he thinks.

[roll0]

Octauianus
2014-10-22, 12:14 PM
He raises an eyebrow.

"Why are you staying? I mean, my family will host you longer if you wish, it is Chiite hospitality after all. There is only a small lodge in this town I'm afraid, if you'd rather do that. I am unaware of the price."

While the man replies, Sophia tries to gauge any intention behind his words. While Waldrick replies, Sophia quietly looks at the man's face to see if he betrays anything in his expression or in his words.

Sense Motive for "Why are you are staying": [roll0]. Spot check for facial expressions: [roll1]. Sense motive for the man's coming reply to Waldrick: [roll2].

sparky9042
2014-10-22, 04:35 PM
After looking somewhat curiously at one of the warforged slaves, Ioriston is careful to pay as much mind to them as the dwarves do. upon reaching the gate, Ioriston somewhat lowers his head reverently, then looks up at Thoron. "Great Thoron, we seek entry into Dkraten in order that we may discuss news and events that have occurred in Pamelon recently. This is an important matter, as one of the guilds in this country has gone rogue and its potential to cause damage must be neutralized as soon as possible. We wish to address this situation with the utmost care, as such, contact and discussion with Xil's allies has been deemed necessary."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-22, 04:37 PM
The man doesn't seem to doubt Waldrick, though he seems a tad bit confused. "Giant Spiders? People missing? I haven't heard of any of this... but you're welcome to look around, within reason of course. Not sure why you would need to remain here for days though for a missing persons report that did not originate here."

Sophia feels the man is sincere.

(Don't you mean looks down? it is a dwarf after all)
I, Thoron, do not understand why a rogue guild should exist within Xil. Why, oh elf, have you, the elf of this group of three of which a man, a mighty and great hobbit, and a rather handsome man consist of, not spoken the name that you, the elf, have received upon your birth, or rather the most recent name upon which has been bequeathed to you, the elf, so that I, Thoron, would know you, the elf, so that we may greater know each other, speaking of course of I, Thoron and you, the elf, who has not granted me access to the knowledge of your name?

Regardless. The small council of Dkraten, the city that lies behind this gate, will happily meet with you, the group of three before I, Thoron. I, Thoron, know this as I, Thoron, am a member of the council, the council being that of the city Dkraten, which is the city behind this gate, the gate which shall open immediately after the sun sets. Until then, you, the group whom which the elf, the elf who has not introduced himself so that I, Thoron, may better know him, is a party to, shall wait with I, Thoron, until the gate, the gate which shall open at night and within lies the city of Dkraten, the city of dwarves, opens.

Until then, I, Thoron, say we, the group present here, play a game of Go followed by a game of Chess, that is, two games of the mind, until the gate, which shall open once the sun descends below the horizon, to Dkraten, the city of dwarves, opens. Who challenges I, Thoron, to each of these games of the mind, that is to say Go and Chess?

(Wis check for Go, Int check for chess, you guys have more than enough time to fit both in)

sparky9042
2014-10-23, 01:54 PM
"My apologies. My name is Ioriston, psion and collector of knowledge. It is an honor to be granted access to Dkraten, Councillor Thoron. We would be pleased to accept your challenge to games of Go and Chess. Assuming we are permitted to send our best player at each game forward, Torma will challenge you at Go, after which I will play you in chess." Ioriston indicates Torma as he mentions him. "My comrades can introduce themselves."

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-23, 02:03 PM
"Councilor Thoron, I am Torma, a bender and herbalist, and a recent recruit to Cherry Home, the guild of which we are all a part. As Ioriston, my friend and companion, said, I would be glad to play a game of go with you while we wait for sunset."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-23, 04:46 PM
"Harnor Vitsiharen, at your service." He gives quick bow. Then half-chuckling puts one arm around Ioriston as he continues talking.
"And while I consider myself competent at chess, I back up Ioristons confidence that he can soundly thrash you... at chess that is, the game that you, um... Thoron, and Ioriston, the elf from our group, will play."

"I, Thoron, approve of you three, that is, the individuals including a human, an elf, and an honorable hobbit. Very well. Elthoron! Bring Go!"

(For Torma to win at go: DC13
For Ioriston to win at chess: DC23
omg those rolls...)

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-23, 04:53 PM
Torma does his very best to impress Thoron with his Go skills first.

Go Check: [roll0]

sparky9042
2014-10-23, 08:32 PM
Ioriston sits down with Thoron after Torma's game of Go and attempts to win in a game of chess.

[roll0]

Samah
2014-10-24, 08:21 AM
Chistara grins, "Ah, they'll not kill ye a'purpose. Jest keep yer head about and let's party with the wild laddies after'n we find ye a pouch. T'will be a romp, fer sure! They're a fine pack o' trouble, they are."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-24, 10:33 AM
The man doesn't seem to doubt Waldrick, though he seems a tad bit confused. "Giant Spiders? People missing? I haven't heard of any of this... but you're welcome to look around, within reason of course. Not sure why you would need to remain here for days though for a missing persons report that did not originate here."

Torma tries to do his very best, but him and Thoron, though they play well enough, make several mistakes while playing that indicate it's not their absolute best performance. Despite this, Torma manages to make a narrow victory against the dwarf.

"Very well done Torma, who is you. BRING THE CHESS!"

The game of chess between Thoron and Ioriston is extremely close and masterfully played, both players planning out two or more moves in advance. Thoron barely secure victory.
"Behold, for I, Thoron, have defeated you, Ioriston. Thought you, Ioriston, played chess, the game we just played, very well."

Night falls and the moon rises into the sky. When the moonlight finally hits the door it begins to light up in glowing white runes that are written in one layer as Terran and the other as Subterranean. Torma can read the Terran ones as saying "For opens the 7th day the Dkraten door. A mightier nation none and a larger only one. Entry to you now, Dkraten, sweat of the dwarves brow. Mind your courtesies as a gift entry granted to thee. Praise to the great Chi."

The doors begin to rumble and the earth shake. Thoron gestures everyone to stand back for a moment as the doors slowly begin to swing outward until they come out full stop 90 degrees to the dome structure.

Inside is a city, completely made of stone, the inner wall of the dome has a massive amount of stairs ziggzagging up the dome wall ending and continuing past the many buildings that are build into the inner dome wall. The there are a large number of buildings also on the ground layer of the dome, all made of stone. As many more warforged as there are dwarves are strolling about. The dwarves, interestingly enough, seem to all be wearing varieties of combat gear. Leather armor, plate armor, etc. The warforged are largely unarmed, but a few exceptionally large ones walk about with spiked bodies. With the buildings in the way, the end of the dome isn't visible. A bit in the distance a massive pillar connects from the top of the dome and descends into the city.

In front of the group now, is a dwarf in crimson robes, behind him are quite a few dwarves and strongheart halflings, who all begin to make their way out of the large door that has now opened. The Crimson dwarf approaches Thoron. He speaks to him in subterranean before walking past the group.

"Well, what do you, the visiting group, think of Dkraten, the city of dwarves? Impressive?

As if Chistara had triggered the worlds most powerful readied action, upon her words the two Klanen members remake an appearance as if out of nowhere. The blue one takes hold of Chistara and the red of Fife as they begin to drag the two Cherry Home members all the way to the building with the two rather large towers.
"That's the spirit!"
"We'd love to hear you oh spoony bard!
"And you too... oh... giant axe... singer?
"Bah! I'm sure she sounds great with an axe!"
"What you're saying is, we're really AXEing for a great performance!"
"Or at least a good drink!"
"or two"
"or thirty two!"
Their stero-sillyness seems to continue all the way until they finally drag the Cherry Homers to the Klanen building. Which looks quite silly. The building looks like it was made of a ton of patches of different materials and the towers are absurdly massive given the building wasn't even a castle of any sort, but more of a tavern look. The twin brothers kick open the wooden double door entrance to the tavern. Inside is, surprise, a very large tavern with a few doors on the opposite side of the entrance. Nothing seems to match inside the tavern between the floor, tables, chairs, people, etc and for some reason everything in there seems brand new. Two large stone cylinders for to the left and the right (the bottom of the tower) enter the room from the ceiling. Both cylinders also have doors.

Across the ceiling is the Klanen banner.

The people are a total hodgepodge as well, consisting of many races, men, women, old, young, scantily dressed, moderately dressed, etc.

A song is being sung as everyone enters.
"For I love my wife dear
but as the moon drew near
another love did I seer
and her name was BEER!"

The two men dragging the Cherry Homers suddenly shout in unison.
"CHERRY HOMERS ARE HERE!"
The room explodes into greater excitement.
"CHERRY HOME"
"HAVE A DRINK"
"GET OVER HERE!"
"AWW THEYRE SO RELATIVELY TIMID ITS CUTE"
"DIBS ON THE CUTE GUY"
"DARN IT!"
Within seconds the Cherry Homers are mass grappled into the large group. (Never to be heard from again).

Samah
2014-10-24, 12:33 PM
Chistara laughs at the twins' silliness. "Ye'd nay like to hear me sing, yer mischiefness and sauciness. T'would strip the paint off'n yon wall. But it's gladly I'd throw myself into a rollickin' reel of a dance!"

When they get to Klanen she looks around interestedly before being engulfed in the crowd. At this she absolutely crows with laughter and good-naturedly tried to swim/stagger over to Fife. "Leave off, ye rowdy pack o' hooligans, and get us that drink ye keep tauntin' us with!"

Octauianus
2014-10-24, 05:30 PM

Sophia shrugs and then adds, "Anyways, if you would be so kind, I would like to freshen up a bit. Does your place have a bath? Once again, thank-you for your hospitality".

Valery
2014-10-25, 10:54 AM
As if Chistara had triggered the worlds most powerful readied action, upon her words the two Klanen members remake an appearance as if out of nowhere. The blue one takes hold of Chistara and the red of Fife as they begin to drag the two Cherry Home members all the way to the building with the two rather large towers.
"That's the spirit!"
"We'd love to hear you oh spoony bard!
"And you too... oh... giant axe... singer?
"Bah! I'm sure she sounds great with an axe!"
"What you're saying is, we're really AXEing for a great performance!"
"Or at least a good drink!"
"or two"
"or thirty two!"
Their stero-sillyness seems to continue all the way until they finally drag the Cherry Homers to the Klanen building. Which looks quite silly. The building looks like it was made of a ton of patches of different materials and the towers are absurdly massive given the building wasn't even a castle of any sort, but more of a tavern look. The twin brothers kick open the wooden double door entrance to the tavern. Inside is, surprise, a very large tavern with a few doors on the opposite side of the entrance. Nothing seems to match inside the tavern between the floor, tables, chairs, people, etc and for some reason everything in there seems brand new. Two large stone cylinders for to the left and the right (the bottom of the tower) enter the room from the ceiling. Both cylinders also have doors.

Across the ceiling is the Klanen banner.

The people are a total hodgepodge as well, consisting of many races, men, women, old, young, scantily dressed, moderately dressed, etc.

A song is being sung as everyone enters.
"For I love my wife dear
but as the moon drew near
another love did I seer
and her name was BEER!"

The two men dragging the Cherry Homers suddenly shout in unison.
"CHERRY HOMERS ARE HERE!"
The room explodes into greater excitement.
"CHERRY HOME"
"HAVE A DRINK"
"GET OVER HERE!"
"AWW THEYRE SO RELATIVELY TIMID ITS CUTE"
"DIBS ON THE CUTE GUY"
"DARN IT!"
Within seconds the Cherry Homers are mass grappled into the large group. (Never to be heard from again).

"Oh gods, I haven't actually performed for anyone in a while....minus the fighting stuff, but that doesn't count!"

When they get to Klanen she looks around interestedly before being engulfed in the crowd. At this she absolutely crows with laughter and good-naturedly tried to swim/stagger over to Fife. "Leave off, ye rowdy pack o' hooligans, and get us that drink ye keep tauntin' us with!"

Fife looks over at Chistara as they are carried off, and yells, "Don't drink too much! We still have to get up in the morning!"

Addressing the crowd: "Get me some drink and a stage! I'm itching to impress!"

sparky9042
2014-10-25, 02:19 PM
Ioriston looks around at the massive city. "Fascinating. Quite fascinating indeed." Ioriston takes note of the fact that warforged outnumber dwarves and halflings quite significantly, and tries to notice if the warforged on the inside are being used as servants like the ones on the outside were as well.

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-25, 04:32 PM
As though every person in the Klanen tavern had readied actions to hand drinks... the moment Chistara and Fife mention them they each find themselves holding 3 mugs filled with a dark brown ale and Fife finds himself on the stage. A gnome stands next to him, whom Chistara knows as Niwa. Her squeaky voice manages to rise above the rest of the room.
"SHUTTUP YA TOSSERS!"
The room becomes silent.
"Our cute Cherry Homer is going to impress us!"
The room erupts in cheers and then calms down. Niwa winks at Fife.
"All you cutie."

Each Drink has a DC15+ 1/previous drink Fort save.
On a failure:
[roll0] Wisdom Damage
[roll1] Dexterity Damage
[roll2] Charisma Damage.

Regardless of failure or success each drink grants:
[roll3] bonus to Charisma based checks.

(So each drink carries a risk of dropping your CHarisma, but on successful checks increases it.)
The damage heals 1point per hour (as opposed to the usual 1 point per 24 hours.

"Oh, but of course. Chitrali, see to the fine young ladies horse.
The three people with the man head to Sophia's horse and, if she doesn't stop them, begging to lead it away to a building that looks like a stable. The man nods to Waldrick.
"Perhaps you would do us the honor to graces us with your presence as well? If not there is an inn to the left just 5 buildings down. I am Qui, a well respected member of this town, and if I can help you in anyway I will gladly do so. I believe I haven't caught your names?"

(Spot: 17)
Ioriston notices that the Warforged here aren't committing to as worthless tasks as the ones outside. These, for the most part, seem to be about the same amount of business as the dwarves, and are just walking to their destinations. He does notice that, on average, if there is an individual carrying a lot of stuff it's usually a warforged doing so.

Thoron begins to guide the group through the city, walking a bit towards the pillar, but then beginning to walk in a circle about the pillar. Though Elthoron does most of the talking.
"Dkraten is a big city. We forge the finest weapons, though ya'll in the guilds don't really need none from us, and we don't make enough ta mass supply ya anyway. The diet here consist o' some meats and mushrooms mostly, the more protein for us ta better. Ta pillar in the center holds ta hole barrier up. We're a right might protective, but ta be honest, for guild members we could naught turn ya down... within reason of course. Nearly everyone here is a worker, we all work if'n we're not raising ta kids. On our off time, we work also, alongside ta warforged. Such noble machines they are. Ta city is big, bigger than most of ya'lls towns, but I don't think as big as Pamelon."
"I agree with Ioriston. It's all super interesting."
Harnor nudges Ioriston pretty hard.
"Sorry. Stumbled and almost tripped."
"Ya need ta watch ya step pretty boy."
"I'll make sure to do so."
Both Torma and Ioriston are pretty sure the nudge was intentional.

sparky9042
2014-10-25, 05:10 PM
Ioriston somewhat coolly glances back at Harnor. The psicrystal, meanwhile, broadcasts into both Harnor and Torma's minds. Yes? Ioriston suspects some sort of caste system, at the very least a rigid hierarchy they are attempting to conceal in plain sight. Some of the warforged appear to be little more than chattel.

"I find this system most remarkable, especially wen compared to Xil. Xil thrives on trade and networking, on a loose system of organization among its many cities. Dkraten, in contrast, is an isolated yet evidently nigh-impregnable and self-sustaining stronghold which builds itself up from within. Brilliantly executed, I must say."

Samah
2014-10-25, 08:55 PM
Chistara happily waves at Fife as he's carried away. "Don't ye worry, ye spoony bard, I'll do me best ta watch meself." After which she promptly tosses back an ale before settling in to listen to Fife.

Fort Save [roll0]

Valery
2014-10-25, 09:36 PM
Chistara happily waves at Fife as he's carried away. "Don't ye worry, ye spoony bard, I'll do me best ta watch meself." After which she promptly tosses back an ale before settling in to listen to Fife.

Fort Save [roll0]

Fife waves back at Chistara and says to the crowd, "I've never played for a guild hall before, but I guess there's a first for everything...." Fife's voice trailed off and he began to focus, not on what he was about to play, no, he was suppressing the urge to tell one of his weird "dead band mate" stories.

Fife pulled out his spoons and addressed the crowd again, "Just for fun, this one first will be sober. It'll be fun to see if I get better or worse with drinks!"

Fife, starts out with a simple spoony tune that, for all intensive purposes, sounds like country.

[roll0]

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-26, 11:26 AM
Harnor replies telepathically. "Oh, man glad you figured it out. We reaaally should have done this from the start. I don't think it's just the caste system. They're technically no longer in Xil so they don't fall under our no-slavery... "laws." We didn't see ANY farmland or anything food producing outside of Dkraten and nothing they've shown us explains, as you guys mentioned, why the higher guilds didn't just do this themselves.

Oh on another note, apparently the Sphinx members did show up anyway. The sending I got was not a very friendly one. We'll cross that salad tossing bridge when we come to it."

The group continues walking, passing by a rather large white stone building that has many halfings currently leaving it.
"This is a place ya can stay at. It's free and ta warforged inside make excellent security you ya'll rooms. Just wanted ta point this out to ya'll on our way to the council room if ya need a place ta stay after."

All the dwarves you guys pass speak subterranean.

Fife begins with a rather nice tune, though not exceptional by any metric. Upon finishing the tune there is clapping in the room nonetheless.
The two colorful gentlemen take seats each on a different side of Chistara. Both two drinks in.
"He's got talent for sure. Though I felt it was a bit lacking."
"Hey, where is that fierce Trinida? I thought for sure she'd guard a caravan."
"Ha! You still swooning over that fierce one?"
"Well, it's not like the angel would ever come here! There's something about our sister guild having all the cute girls!"
"Sister guild?"
"You know, like a little sister guild, Xil knows a tenth of our fights during festivals occur after we see Sphinx or Gilde mistreating them."
"A tenth is a lot of our fights..."
"Anyway... you should put in a good word for me with Trinida, ooooh ooooh tell her how I helped with the caravan!"
"You means how I helped the caravan.
"No, asshat, I mean how WE helped the caravan."

The rest of the room begins a slow into a much faster clap to encourage Fife for the next song.
"Spoony! Spoony! Spoony! Spoony!"
(Unless Fife takes "Spoony" as an insult, you can have a +2 Morale bonus on the next perform check)

Valery
2014-10-26, 12:04 PM
Inspired by the spoony chat, Fife downs a beer and begins to perform once more, but this time with more fever in his spoons!

[roll0] If I fail the check, please subtract from my perform check.

"I heard this one from a Minkan! It's called Beat the Crap out of the Slavers!"

[roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-10-26, 12:50 PM
Jot (Waldrick)

"Ah, but of course, why not? Thank you kindly for the hospitality!" He allows the man's servants to lead his horse away. He does not prefer this course of action, having to live under such scrutiny from possibly one of the men he was supposed to scrutinize. "My name is Waldrick." Nothing that can be done about things now, they'll just have to be more careful.

sparky9042
2014-10-26, 09:39 PM
The psicrystal forwards Harnor's message to Torma, then adds one from Ioriston. As for the reason we came here, as far as I'm aware there were no warforged or firearms used in Pamelon, though that doesn't absolve the dwarves automatically, as you'd have to be stupid to announce your involvement that brazenly..."

"Your hospitality is most appreciated. If I may indulge myself, I am curious about the warforged. They appear quite fascinating. I should like to learn more about them."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-27, 08:59 AM
Fife actually strums out a pretty epic song for someone playing with spoons. The Klanen members begin to cheer and two other individuals take the stage, a man with bleach blonde yellow hair and a woman with green (yes green) hair. Both of them have Vihuelas (wtf spell check, that's a word!) and a pretty epic concert is played.

(Chistara theres also the previous post)

""Such a noble name and your name my lady?"
Sophia and Waldrick both see they're being led to perhaps the biggest house of the village with the most surrounding farmland.

"Well... there were flaming rods used in Pamelon, just by Jannis. THE LORD OF FLAMING METAL! Man, that guy... Ok, back to the main point. I don't think we'll learn that much just from asking them."

"Glad ya asked elf! The Warforged are ta best damned worked in existence. We have been living with them for a long time and they have been true comrades. I think actually ta elves made them or something. They fit into ta Chiite way damn easily and some of them are ta strongest practitioners of ta faith I ever met. They also are tough, ya really don't want ta piss them off."
The group pauses once again at a very official white stone building.
"This here is our stop, are ya all ready ta tell us ya tale?"

Octauianus
2014-10-27, 09:04 AM
""Such a noble name and your name my lady?"
Sophia and Waldrick both see they're being led to perhaps the biggest house of the village with the most surrounding farmland.

[/SPOILER]

"Sophia" replied Sophia bowing politely.

Samah
2014-10-28, 06:26 AM
Before Fife's next song Chistara, grinning, replies to Ice, "Nah, the 'fierce Trinida' is off on another job. But tis sure I'll put in a good word fer ya, ye wee saucebox. And I thank ye fer yer help with tha bandit knaves and in lettin' us room here a night. Tis kindly on ye."

After the epic concert Chistara applauds loudly for her guildmate; she even stomps her feet to augment the sound.

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-28, 09:27 AM
No, we probably won't. Still, we can tell them what happened, drop names like Innocent, Qitiore, Janna, etc., and watch for any reaction among them. Perhaps that will give us more to think about as we proceed. And while I think you're right we won't get much just by asking them about it, we've been open about the fact we're here to share information as ask after anything they might know, or unusual activity they may have noticed in the past few months. They will expect us to ask, and it won't hurt to do so.

We should take care though to stay focused on our current mission, and not risk upsetting them by focusing too much on the warforged, or similar possible points of contention, I think.

Torma nods at Elthoron's words, "We will be sure to keep it in mind, Elthoron, thank you. And yes, I think we are ready to meet with the council. And thank you for your brief tour along the way, and your excellent company." He nods his head again and gives his wispy beard another short brush of respect.

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-28, 11:04 AM
The front of the house has a rather large roofed porch with a few wooden columns painted white. Omi leads the way up the steps to twin dark oak doors. He shuffles about for a moment until he produces a set of keys to unlock the door. Swinging the open reveals a foyer with a staircase up as well as two doors to the side. Another woman, modest of appearance and dressed in white greets them upon entry.

"We have guests Omi?"
"Yes, see that rooms are prepared for each of them. They are members of Gilde and we are to treat them with utmost hospitality."
"Of course."

The woman runs up the stairs and towards the right. Omi then heads to the doorway on the right. Inside is a dining room. There is a "chandelier" above the table with 6 glowing orbs. The table is of masterwork quality (you know, for improvised weaponing). And the chairs and carpet is a velvet red. There is another door on the far end of the room. There is also a bookcase in the room.

"Please, make yourselves comfortable while I tell my wife to make us some tea."
He then goes through the far door.

The concert continues. Chistaras two best friends take another drink.

"You mean we 'don't' want to start a glorious warforged uprising?"

Thoron looks appreciative.
"Thanks ya handsome hobbit."

Very well, I, Thoron, shall enter this building, where the small council, of which I, Thoron, am a part of, resides, and tell them, the small council, of which I, Thoron, am a part of, that you, the group including Ioriston, Harnor, and Torma, wish to speak to us, the small council, of which I, Thoron, am a part of, about recent events, being those of a rogue, which are sadly poor at fighting constructs, guild, while you, the group consisting of Harnor, Torma, and Ioriston, will wait out here, which is right outside the small council chamber, which houses the small council, which I, Thoron, am a part of, until I, Thoron, return.

He walks up to two double white stone doors of the building and swings them open, inside is extremely dark but both Torma and Ioriston can quickly make out that there are two spiked warforged inside the room before Thoron closes the doors behind him.

"Well, last chance to abandon ship... there is something I want to check out, but it will have to be later. Man the Dwarf to not dwarf ratio here is like, 1 to 6."

Valery
2014-10-28, 11:36 AM
Fife drinks his second beer.

[roll0]

"This one is called "Alcohol Makes the World's Liver Stronger". It was written my a dead band mate of mine, Drunk Willie. Incidentally, alcohol destroyed him...his liver anyway. This is for Willie!"

[roll1]

Octauianus
2014-10-28, 11:51 AM
The front of the house has a rather large roofed porch with a few wooden columns painted white. Omi leads the way up the steps to twin dark oak doors. He shuffles about for a moment until he produces a set of keys to unlock the door. Swinging the open reveals a foyer with a staircase up as well as two doors to the side. Another woman, modest of appearance and dressed in white greets them upon entry.

"We have guests Omi?"
"Yes, see that rooms are prepared for each of them. They are members of Gilde and we are to treat them with utmost hospitality."
"Of course."

The woman runs up the stairs and towards the right. Omi then heads to the doorway on the right. Inside is a dining room. There is a "chandelier" above the table with 6 glowing orbs. The table is of masterwork quality (you know, for improvised weaponing). And the chairs and carpet is a velvet red. There is another door on the far end of the room. There is also a bookcase in the room.

"Please, make yourselves comfortable while I tell my wife to make us some tea."
He then goes through the far door.

Sophia thanks Omi graciously as he leaves through the door. Once she is certain that he had left, she casts detect magic to see if anything is out of the ordinary in the room as well as looks for anything strange. She also looks around the room to see if there is anything that can tell her about Omi and the town within the room such as portraits, etc.

Spot: [roll0]; Listen: [roll1]; Gather info: [roll2]

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-28, 12:08 PM
Sophia Search Check: [roll0]
(Gather info is asking around town for information about something, this would be a search check)

Samah
2014-10-28, 12:13 PM
Ye've got a nice place here, laddies. Very shiny and new." She grins at the twins wolfishly. 'Ye must destroy it on a reg'lar basis. Anyways, hows things? Ye do well at Guild Festival?

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-29, 09:34 AM
Fife coninues to rock out pretty hard, though he is feeling the effects of the beer (don't forget the Wis/dex dmg).
"How'd you know we destroy it often?"
"How'd you know all the furniture was new?"
"We did alright, we got lots of new buds, but no more than a usual year for us."
"Zeisnia was really upset about how the entire Major Guild Promotion battle turned out though."
"So depressing, even with us blowing up 95% of the attackers a lot of people died."
The both look really solemn and drink some more.
"Whasabout you guys? Was it a good one? I hope you guys got more than just 1 like last time."

Nothing within Sophia's immediate vision seems to be important. She can hear talking from the other room coming from Omi and a woman's voice, though it's a conversation about tea and the making of it for guests. Detect Magic shows that the there is magic on the orbs of light (Spellcraft roll of 16) though Sophia is not sure what spell is upon them.

There are no portraits of Omi in the room, though Sophia takes a good look at the bookcase. The book selection is interesting though somewhat expected for a Chiite home.
"The Grand Will of Chi"
"On Why Xillite are Wrong" - Sun Xiao
"On The Injustice Within Xil" -Diao

Sophia does notice one book is written by Omi himself.
"On Why Chiites Within Xil Must Work With The Guild System" - Omi Xiaolong

Sophia can hear footsteps approaching from the door Omi went through.

sparky9042
2014-10-29, 10:35 AM
Ioriston's eyes dart around for a brief moment, as though he realized something. He's smarter than he looks...his mannerisms are ludicrous and he might not have the best grasp of Common, but Thoron is sharp... Anyway, what is it you want to investigate, and where are these Sphinx people?

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-29, 11:14 AM
Yes, what is it Harnor? Also, is it really? I hadn't noticed it was *that* pronounced. Hm.

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-29, 11:21 AM
"Wait, I missed something. Why is he sharp again? Well I was exaggerating a bit about the dwarf to not-dwarf ratio, it was more even closer to the door but there are way less dwarves now relative to warforged."

Ioriston and Torma can confirm this with a glance around.

"I, uh, hm. I certainly want to look around this city. From the very start it's weird that the Dwarven city has more not-dwarves than dwarves..."

sparky9042
2014-10-29, 03:13 PM
Suppose you went into a secluded settlement of elves. You would expect them to speak mostly elven, would you not? Perhaps a few would be fluent in Common, those most in contact with the outside. But when they speak amongst themselves they would use their own language. In this very hierarchical society, who would dare tell Thoron that his Common is sloppy or that he's using the wrong definition of the word rogue? You saw how deferential Elthoron is towards him. I would bet the council is speaking to each other in Terran right now. Further, he beat me in a game of chess. I was playing a good game, and you'd have to be pretty sharp to beat me...

Ioriston glances about quickly.

As for the general lack of dwarves...you don't need as many guards as prisoners to run a prison, would you? There by definition are fewer rulers than ruled...if I would guess I'd say Dkraten is an isolated autocracy run by this council we're about to meet with, and operated on a strict hierarchy, at which many if not most of the warforged are at the very bottom.

Samah
2014-10-29, 04:39 PM
"Cuz'n I've seen ye in action an' ev'rything is shiny and new here." Watching them turn somber she leans forward and pats their hands. "Here now, lads, we all did what we could that day." She sits back in her chair again. ""Nah, Fife an' I joined and a small fellow name 'o Torma and an elf fellow what goes by Ioritston."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-29, 09:54 PM
"Well, maybe his odd dialect is because he normally speaks Subterranean or Terran. I sadly speak neither.

I don't know... it's just, this dome dealio is pretty big I guess..."

(Will do a longer update tomorrow, you can keep telepathing though)

The two gentlemen continue drinking.
"Now Idonnu if'n I like you perpetuatin the Klanen stereotype."
"Yeah! Not cool!"
"Specially since.... since Klanen likes you guys, the only one that do."
"Yeah.... not cool bro."
"Like, we're like, the Idon'tknow considered the 2nd best guild?"
"Meh, first by our standards."
"Yeah, and we ain't got no problem withchu guys despite what people say..."
"Well... sept youguyses don't party enough witus."
"But here you are perplexing... excuse me. Perpetching the stereotype when we don't perpetchate it on you."
"You guyses don't really accept advances too well either... that guy once punched me out for hitting that cute Cherry Home chick."
"To Cherry Home chicks!"
The clink glasses and drink again.
"Srsly though... perpetchuatin the stereotype..."

Samah
2014-10-30, 05:15 PM
Chistara smiles slightly, "My apologies, lads. I didnamean to offend ye. And Cherry Home cert'nly appreciates yer friendship. I'll see if'n I can put in a word about the partying, though, strength'n relations an' whatnot."

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-30, 08:52 PM
The Klanen duo looks at Chistara somewhat sadly....

and then crack up laughing.
"Nawww we wrecksum ****!"
"I mean, we do more thanat!"
"Bustill check dis sheet out!"

---Surprise round----
The blue dressed man leaps on top of a table.
"CMON YA DUMBESSES! LESS CELEBRATE A KLANEN GUILD FESTIVAL CONFIRMATION THE RIGHT WAY!"
Heads turn, but not in time to stop the blue man.
He points in the direction of the stage and flaming hands erupt in front of him, straight at the stage where Fife is playing. Hitting multiple other Klanen members, several of whom drop.
Those that drop interestingly have no burn wounds...

The other Klanen members all look extremely excited or angry.
(Initiative)

As Torma, Ioriston, and Harnor stand there telepathing back and forth, the twin white stone doors begin to swing open. A voice from the inside can be heard.

"I, Elthoron, invite you, those standing outside, which consists of a man, Harnor, an elf, Ioriston, and a handsome hobbit, Torma, to enter."

---Assuming you go inside----
Inside is a large, mostly empty room (~30ft tall, 100x100). To the flanking walls have white stone columns from the floor to the ceiling. The only other object in the room is a large circular wall/table that rises ~20ft high, also made of white stone. On the side are carvings of armored dwarves fighting all manner of beasts. Behind and rising above the wall are 4 individuals.
-Elthoron
-A pale white dwarf with equally white hair, beard, and robes
-A very dull looking warforged, his only interesting feature is that his plating is tinted green
-A shirtless, very buff looking halfling with an obnoxiously cleft chin.

The back portion of a seat can be seen to the left of Elthoron (his right) indicating that someone is not present. The pale white dwarf sits in the center, his eyes shut. He opens them to look at the group, his eyes also nearly a complete white. His voice comes off very quietly (you can Listen check... but he's speaking Terran).

The warforged speaks up.
"We. are. in. agreement."
There is a long an awkward pause.
"Um, of?"
"That, that is. one. good looking. hobbit. That. you. are. one. malnourished. elf. and. that. we. hate. the. human.
Harnor telepaths to Ioriston.
"Off to a terrible start if I say so myself."

(Reposted for visibility)

Nothing within Sophia's immediate vision seems to be important. She can hear talking from the other room coming from Omi and a woman's voice, though it's a conversation about tea and the making of it for guests. Detect Magic shows that the there is magic on the orbs of light (Spellcraft roll of 16) though Sophia is not sure what spell is upon them.

There are no portraits of Omi in the room, though Sophia takes a good look at the bookcase. The book selection is interesting though somewhat expected for a Chiite home.
"The Grand Will of Chi"

Octauianus
2014-10-30, 09:08 PM

"The Grand Will of Chi"

Sophia pulls the book On Why Chiites Within Xil Must Work With The Guild System down from the shelf for she intends to ask whether she can read the book during their stay.

Caligstro Smith
2014-10-31, 09:08 AM
Listen Check to hear what the pale dwarf was saying: [roll0] (Torma speaks Terran)

Samah
2014-10-31, 11:02 AM
Initiative!!! [roll0]

Valery
2014-10-31, 11:14 AM
Also, Initiative!!! [roll0]

"I SHOULDVE KNOWN I MIGHT DID HERE!!!!"

Oko and Qailee
2014-10-31, 12:29 PM
Sophia pulls the book from the bookcase and shortly after Qui enters through the door holding a silver tray with tea cups and a kettle. He pauses for a moment then smiles.
"I see you have excellent taste in literature."

He sets down the tray and begins to pour some tea out for Sophia and Waldrick.
"Now, tell me a bit more about what you're investigating. I'd love to help. I am very well connected with the community here... and as you can tell, most are not fond of you on account of your guild membership. We don't get many visitors, even less so from a guild, and when a guild arrives it almost always is accompanied by bad news for us."

Sadly, Ioriston does not gain any additional insight into the group. Honestly there isn't really any lore for the dwarven small council that Ioriston can recall (even without the -2)

(Torma you are correct about the typo, it should be Thoron, not Elthoron)

Torma manages to listen into the pale dwarf.
"Tell them what we discussed."

(Oh boy.. also no heal check?)
The first to respond to Mischief* and Sauce* random act of violence is a shirtless man with blonde hair gelled up. He is rather muscular and is wearing a large fur coat, but has no shirt.
"You two little ****s!"
He leaps across a table and with a second leap ends up on top of the same table as the blue dressed man, who is much shorter. The blonde man grabs the blue mans face and slams him into the table, discharging electricity as he does so (Spellcraft: 16 to identify Shocking grasp). The table smashes in two. The booth gives out from under Chistara and the other Klanen twin. The blue klanen twin is still conscious, though prone.

Everybody who wasn't dropped within the first round looks fairly riled, excited, or angry. Mostly Riled and excited though.

Fife is essentially one one edge of the room, ~40 ft away from Chistara. Chistara is a lot closer to the center.

(Initiative:
Blonde Man: 20
Chistara: 18 <--Current
????: 13
Klanen duo: 9
????: 10
????: 9
Fife: 8

Samah
2014-10-31, 01:39 PM
'Oy!" Chistara lunges up, uses Shocking Grasp herself (DC 15), and aims for the blonde guy, laughing. "Leave off!"

Dat touch atk: [roll0]

Dose Dmgs [roll1]

Samah
2014-10-31, 01:41 PM
(Whoops! Spellcraft!)

Spellcraft! [roll0]

Heal Check! [roll1]

Octauianus
2014-10-31, 02:25 PM
Sophia pulls the book from the bookcase and shortly after Qui enters through the door holding a silver tray with tea cups and a kettle. He pauses for a moment then smiles.
"I see you have excellent taste in literature."

He sets down the tray and begins to pour some tea out for Sophia and Waldrick.
"Now, tell me a bit more about what you're investigating. I'd love to help. I am very well connected with the community here... and as you can tell, most are not fond of you on account of your guild membership. We don't get many visitors, even less so from a guild, and when a guild arrives it almost always is accompanied by bad news for us."

Sophia replies, "Thank you. Do you mind if I read it during our stay here?", she then pauses to think about Omi's next question, "I am not sure on the details but we're supposed to do investigations of a sort as Waldrick said. And about the spiders, we ran into some very large ones on our travel here and we found some bodies."

sparky9042
2014-10-31, 08:28 PM
Really, we haven't come to violence yet, so this is going something approximating well. Halfling is likely the newest member of the council, though that was obvious. Curious that there is a warforged on the council, though that is indicative of social stratification amongst warforged? I shall speak. Watch closely.

Ioriston speaks, acting as though he has not heard the comment about his health. "Unfortunately, we are not here to discuss Torma's appearance or whatever it is Harnor has done that may have offended you. We have far more grievous matters to discuss, councilors. Recently, in the city of Pamelon at our latest guild festival, a tragedy occurred. A rogue guild, or to be more specific, Innocent, took advantage of our major guild promotion ceremony to launch a massive attack on the audience in attendance. Currently, we are in the process of gathering information about Qitiore, Janna, and anyone else believed to be associated with the attack. We come here to ask your assistance in acquiring information about the attack on our civilians and those involved in orchestrating it, so that we may bring them to justice." The elf carefully watches the council for any reactions, especially upon mentioning the events in Pamelon and any names.

Ioriston's:
Spot: [roll0] hooray for alertness
Sense Motive: [roll1]

Psicrystal's:
Spot: [roll2]
Aid Another on Sense Motive: [roll3]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-01, 01:06 PM
"But of course, as a matter of fact, keep the book as a gift. The spider situation is most unfortunate. We rarely have visitors and even rarely do we leave the village, so those terrible arachnids could have set up quite a while ago as far as we know... I supposed we'll make sure to check the area for any more remaining. Well, your rooms are upstairs, you may use them while you're investigating... whatever it is you're investigating."

(I'm pretty sure you guys know and are just withholding info (which is totally ok) but just in case you're not sure bc I realize I was kind of vague with the job description. You're basically here to see if this village had any connection to the Arena Chiite attack in anyway since it is a Chiite village.)

(Spot isn't used for reactions AFAIK, that's sense motive.)
"Well a warforged on a council would decrease dissent? Maybe he's a puppet? There can be a number of reasons."

At Ioristons comments about Torma's appearance the council at first becomes irate minus the pale dwarf who is calm. They quickly regain composure but the pale dwarf and the warforged betray surprise when Ioriston mentions the rogue guild. They begin speaking among themselves only the pale dwarf in Terran, the rest in Subterranian. Allowing Torma to pick up some of the details.

"You don't think-"
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
"They will want hear this."
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
"In agreement, ask them. Friendly cooperate, but careful with details."

The warforged speaks up once again.
"We. want. more. information. We. may. know. something. but. we. cannot. promise. you. we. do. We. must. connect. the. dots. Are. you. certain. rogue. guild. is. connected. to. other. groups? What. weapons. did. they. use? What. have. the. Major. guilds. done. about. this. rogue. guild? Is. there. any. reason. to. suspect. they. might. attack. Dkraten?"

Chistara swings at the man, but he spins and kicks her blade away.
"Not today princess!"

The blue man rolls away, but gets kicked by the blonde man, knocking him out.

The red man repeats the blue mans earlier spell, except the flames are blue and aimed at the opposite direction of Fife. The catch the blonde haired man and Chistara.
Chistara takes 14 Non-lethal Cold damage (Reflex Save DC15 for half).

Of course this incites more peoples into the fight. A rather buff orc woman wearing multiple furs gets caught in the blue flames and begins to rage. She pulls out a greatclub and smashes another Klanen member into the ground as she makes her way to the Red man (can you please learn the Klanen twins real names at some point?).
"I WILL CRUSH YOU ICE!" (There, that's 1 of 2 already)

The blond man begins to laugh.
"This is awesome. Come at me you ****s. I got plenty of broken bones to hand out.

At his taunt a Halfling in the corner charges at him and bullrushes him. A fierce fury in the halflings eyes. He rams the blonde man 5 feet away from Chistara and into a fine looking woman with a greatsword and a composite bow. She has jet black hair and a womanly figure, she looks very cross as the blonde man was rammed into her.
"I'm going to kill you Mike."
"Oh, lighten up Laaaaayla."

She does not look any less angry as she 5 foots back, and fires two arrows towards the Halfling, one misses and hits another Klanen member. The other solidly strikes Mike, the halfling in the chest.

Niwa shouts as she stands next to Fife.
"THIS. IS. AWESOME! BEST. DAY. EVERY!"

Despite the ultra violent situation, it does seem that most of the Klanen members are enjoying the the violence and breaking of chairs and tables.

(Initiative:
Chistara: 18
Orc Woman: 13
Ice (red guy): 9
Blue guy: 9
Halfling (Mike): 10
Layla: 9
Fife: 8 <--Current

Octauianus
2014-11-01, 08:37 PM
"But of course, as a matter of fact, keep the book as a gift. The spider situation is most unfortunate. We rarely have visitors and even rarely do we leave the village, so those terrible arachnids could have set up quite a while ago as far as we know... I supposed we'll make sure to check the area for any more remaining. Well, your rooms are upstairs, you may use them while you're investigating... whatever it is you're investigating."

(I'm pretty sure you guys know and are just withholding info (which is totally ok) but just in case you're not sure bc I realize I was kind of vague with the job description. You're basically here to see if this village had any connection to the Arena Chiite attack in anyway since it is a Chiite village.)

"Thank you so much," said Sophia. She then proceeds to go out into the town and start inquiring the people around town if they knew any friends, family, or acquaintances who went to Pamelon in the last couple of weeks.

[roll0]

Valery
2014-11-02, 09:51 AM
Fife, not really knowing what to do at this point, grabbed his last beer and downed it.

[roll0]

Not really wanting to die, but never really wanting to show completely cowardis, Fife began to do what he did best in such crazy situations: Use inspire courage on everyone, because at this point this situation has already deteriorate. So, Fife began to play and hoped deep down in his heart that it didn't make him look like a coward.

Just the regular effects such as a +1 to attack and damage rolls and the +2 buff against charm and fear effects.

sparky9042
2014-11-04, 02:02 AM
Ioriston glances over to Harnor, hoping that the illusionist might know more than he. "Innocent was aided and abbetted by Chiite mercenaries. As for the general composition of their weaponry, I am uncertain. As of now I have no reason to suspect they would attack Dkraten at this time, though the latter is mere speculation on my part."

And what have the higher guilds done, anyway?

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-04, 08:00 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

"You are being very kind, sir. I hope our investigations won't take too long." Waldrick idles a bit while drinking his tea, and then continues the conversation on a very casual level. "Chances are 'the Cavalry' is soon coming, anyway...." he looks at the man: "I assume you heard of the attack on the arena a few days ago?" Waldrick shrugs. "Chances are some powerful people will start turning every stone in the province to find out what that was about, and I don't want to be part of or be associated with such an inquisition." He smiles. "Nothing good can come from that."

Just curious to see how he responds to being confronted so frontally with the arena events....still trying to figure out whether we have a friend or foe here.

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-04, 10:28 AM
Who knows, besides send Sphinx out here, and probably everywhere else anything remotely connected to Chi? We haven't heard anything from Snow out of that Pirani guy, and I doubt Holy Sphere or the other Majors are going to be passing down anything they get out of Qitiore to us without a good reason.

Torma speaks up, "Those we saw and engaged ourselves used an assortment of melee weapons of fair quality, shortswords, longswords, and the like, as well as magic from the guild members, at least, and we observed a squad commander with at least one wand. Regarding their possible targeting of Dkraten, I believe Ioriston's assessment is based on the fact that Dkraten is largely Chiite, and the rogue guild, Innocent, and those terrorists with whom they worked claimed a Chiite religious agenda. I would caution, though, that while they loudly voiced this position, their actions did not really align with it at all.

While they seemed to have some order, with commanders and subordinates, and coordinated a partially successful attack in secrecy, any remotely effective organization has to be able to show as much, regardless of ideology. Meanwhile, they seemed to lack discipline, with subordinates overreaching simple commands for a bit of extra glory, surrendering fairly easily and quickly in the face of a resistance stronger than unarmed civilians, the commander abandoning his subordinates without a thought the moment his own capture seemed likely, and the actual nature of their attack was entirely unfocused. They attacked with the intention of killing as many unarmed civilian spectators as possible, largely ignoring the fact that a huge concentration of guild members would virtually guarantee nearly all their own deaths or capture.

While we cannot yet be sure either way at the moment, it is definitely worth considering that these terrorists claim this ideological position just to deflect attention away from their real source, or maybe to instigate political friction abroad. It would also allow them to draw on the pool of the more aggressive and zealous religious dissidents within the country as an extra mass of fighters eager and willing to die for them. And if that IS the case, especially if there are ulterior political motivations, it would be worth considering and being ready for the possibility of similar attacks being staged against Dkraten, or perhaps Chi, under the guise of a force claiming Xillite sympathies.

As far as what the Major Guilds have done about Innocent, again I cannot be completely certain, as they have not shared everything with us and the attack only happened a few days ago, it would only make sense for them to have suspended its operation and held its members while it is thoroughly investigated. When a major national organization turns traitor, that's only the smart thing to do, yes? They've also sent us here to inform you, our diplomatic allies, of the threat, and to request your help and sharing of information in this matter. I do not doubt that similar envoys have been sent elsewhere as well."

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-04, 12:19 PM
(Oh boy, the investigating begins.)

Sophia takes her leave (presumably after politely thanking Omi) and begins to ask about. However, nearly everyone in the town is unfriendly to say the least and certainly uninformative. Some people actively avoid her, tell her to scram, or simply refuse to answer any question. Some angrily tell her to "keep your guild trash out of our lives."
----
(Seriously... 95% of the time when I roll contested checks for you guys it works out in your guyses favor. NPC's can't get away with anything....)

Omi remains fairly resolved and gives off what Waldrick can tell is a faked look of surprise.
"That's awful! No, we have not heard, news rarely reaches us here for a long while as nearly no news comes and goes for days. Are you implying that our small village could be related to the attack?!"
Waldrick is fairly sure Omi is mostly lying.

"We're relatively unimportant to the major guilds. They might be investigating else where or maybe they sent minor guild members here first because they know they can throw us under the bus if we piss off the dwarves.

Also, give Snow a break... Pirani has been our captive relatively shortly and it's not like you guys asked about him. I bet by now Trinida knows whatever that ******* knows."
(If anger can be felt through telepathy Ioriston would have certainly felt one angry Harnor on that last sentence.)

The council once again discusses amongst themselves.

<Subterranean>
"It might later."
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
"You think someone else? They do."
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
"I tell them."
<Subterranean>
"They are allies. Even we are safe, we must prepare the future."
<Subterranean>
"Elves? orcs? druids?"
<Subterranean>
<Subterranean>
"Not our place. We will tell them. I go tonight."
<Subterranean>
"Yes. Tell informants they done."
<Subterranean>

The warforged speaks again.
"Thank. you. for. the. information. We. have. no. connection. to. the. attacks. nor. do. we. fear. this. Innocent. If. Dkraten. ally. to. Xil. can. assist. you. in. the. future. with. soldiers. we. will. do. so. within. reason. You. are. done. here. You. may. leave. It. was. a. pleasure. meeting. you. Especially. the. handsome. hobbit."

The warforged guards within the room begin to swing open the double doors once again.

At Fife strumming Niwa as well as the green hair female both begin to push Fife off the stage.
"C'mon cutie! Show us what a cutie like you from Cherry Home can do outside play good music!"

Niwa pushing on Fife doesn't effect the bard in the slightest, but with the other woman pushing Fife is overpowered while he plays his spoons (Rolled 11 vs a 0 and a 19 on Bullrush). Fife falls off the stage, stopping his playing and dropping him prone. The woman who was playing the Vihuela calls after him.
"Show us what a man you are cutie and you can spend the night in my room instead of some ranky inn."
She winks at him.

The blonde man looks Chistara straight in the face.
"You're a fun Cherry Homer, I like that, but you're out of your league princess."
He kicks her right in the middle of her gut, but her chainmail blocks most of the blow. He swings twice more but Chistara blocks both blows. (Don't forget the 14 Non-lethal Cold damage (Reflex Save DC15 for half) from before).

(Initiative:
Chistara: 18 <--Current
Ice (red guy): 9
Blue guy: 9
Niwa: 0)

Samah
2014-11-04, 12:58 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Chistara grins in return, "I like you too, laddie, but I'm no princess." And she attacks (non-lethat dmg) while QuickCasting TrueStike.

Attack: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

sparky9042
2014-11-04, 01:11 PM
Realistically speaking, how much would Pirani know, anyway? Now that you mention him, I'd like to get my hands on his weapon or perhaps some of his gold to divine where it's been sourced. That may prove informative.

Ioriston glances at Harnor and Torma, then bows. "Thank you, councilors. Your assistance has been most appreciated, and any aid you may be able to provide us will be appreciated."

[roll0]
Aid another from the psicrystal: [roll1]

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-04, 01:46 PM
Well I said that before about us being a possible scapegoat, even factoring in the initial assignment to Sphinx and your known habit of rushing to poach their jobs. Also, I wasn't meaning anything against Snow, I was just pointing out that we just haven't heard anything yet. Anyway, from what I could pick up from that old pale dwarf, it seems like he was not sure it was as complicated an attack as I think it could be, but at least one of the others seemed to think my theory was possible. Also they mentioned another group they're in contact with (not surprising, given they're a whole nation), but the pale dwarf is going to go contact this other group sometime tonight. They also have some informants, somewhere, that have been on some mission, but are now to be informed they're finished with it.

We don't have any way of tracking him do we? Ioriston? Harnor? Can either of you use your skills to know what he's doing, or where he's going, or anything like that?

Also, I'm not sure if they're about to kick us out of the city or not. The door seems to open only infrequently, but for how long wasn't clear. What are we going to do if they want us to leave completely right now? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Torma again gives his respectful bow and stroke of his beard to the council. "Thank you, honored councilors, for having granted us this audience on such short notice. I held no real belief that Dkraten was involved, and we appreciate your promise of military aid, should it be needed. We hope that should any information or rumor come to you that might be tied to this event or those involved, that you would share it with us, just as we would you." Torma gives another bow and stroke of his beard.

Octauianus
2014-11-04, 02:27 PM
(Oh boy, the investigating begins.)

Sophia takes her leave (presumably after politely thanking Omi) and begins to ask about. However, nearly everyone in the town is unfriendly to say the least and certainly uninformative. Some people actively avoid her, tell her to scram, or simply refuse to answer any question. Some angrily tell her to "keep your guild trash out of our lives."
----
(Seriously... 95% of the time when I roll contested checks for you guys it works out in your guyses favor. NPC's can't get away with anything....)

Omi remains fairly resolved and gives off what Waldrick can tell is a faked look of surprise.
"That's awful! No, we have not heard, news rarely reaches us here for a long while as nearly no news comes and goes for days. Are you implying that our small village could be related to the attack?!"
Waldrick is fairly sure Omi is mostly lying.

(yes sorry, Sophia would've thanked Omi).

Sophia continues to question until dinner time in the evening. (I am now going to suppose that she is quite unsuccessful here), therefore, she returns to Omi's residence quite annoyed at the townsfolk in time for dinner.

Gather info: [roll0], Knowledge Local: [roll1], Spot (for anything strange): [roll2], Listen (for anything strange, or any information that can be gathered by eavesdropping): [roll3]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-04, 06:28 PM
Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick shakes his head, almost insulted by the suggestion. "No, no, of course not. This town is small, and the attack was from what I heard pretty massive. It would not even make sense." He continues with a smile. "That does not mean that the people with the fat and rich fingers won't come poking here in due time, however." He shrugs again and sips some from his tea. "We're close enough to the city here, you see?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-04, 08:11 PM
(Sorry Sophia, on hold because what you're doing takes hours vs what Waldrick is doing :( )
"Well, you can tell your greedy overlord, Mr. Young, to stay out of our affairs. I don't quite appreciate what you're implying when we've done nothing wrong save for whatever Jannis will be willing to make up to tax us for later."
Omi sounds a lot more sure of himself now and despite his words he still says them rather calmly, though obviously annoyed.
----

Sophia knows that the village is a largely Chiite village (Know Local) and a simple farming village with nothing in the way of trade. Sadly, her hours spent don't turn anything up. People notice her armband easily enough and the fact that she is a stranger and make sure to avoid her and talking to her. A less cooperative community Sophia has never encountered.

(Hmmmm, who to write out next...)
"I'm going to ask them, we haven't slept in hours..."

As the group telepaths the warforged speaks again.
And. your. information. has. been. most. appreciated. noble. elf."
He is as polite as possible, but Ioriston can tell he wants the conversation to end.

"Yo, real quick. We've been up a while, playing chess and stuff. Elthoron mentioned somewhere we could stay?"
The council looks at each other, the pale dwarf says something to the rest.
"What is danger letting them stay one more day to rest?"

"Very. well. Elthoron. shall. escort. you. to. your. inn."
Indeed, Elthoron is still standing outside.

Chistara gets a good slash on the man.
"Ergh! Sorry, I meant- nice try, old lady!"

The orc woman finally arrives at Ice (the red man) and takes a hold of him.
"Ohnoohnoohnoohno Idonatlikethis!!! HEEEELLLLLLP!!!"

He tries to struggle out, but fails horribly, just wiggling a little bit.

The halfling simply dances about despite being badly hurt, he taunts Layla.
"The grumpus is angry! The grumpus is angry!!!"
He then strafes her and rams her into another Klanen member. A blue cat with wings, small sized, who is knocked out immediately.
"Aaaaayyyeee..... siirrrr..." (Couldn't resist for those who get the reference)
"You miserable cretin! Ugh!"
Layla swaps from a bow to a greatsword, but the halfling is just too elusive.
"Not even close baby!"

(Initiative:
Ice: 9
Blue guy (KO'ed!): 9
Cat (KO'ed!): 9
Fife: 8 <---- Current

Valery
2014-11-04, 10:02 PM
Always one to impress at the thought of apparently getting laid by a Klanen girl, Fife boldly used his Knowledge Devotion!

[roll0]

He also activates his Crown of White Raven's and uses his Leading the Charge Maneuver.(Chistara this effects you)

The White Raven discipline teaches that tactics, leadership, and planning can overcome an opponent’s superior individual abilities. This stance embodies that teaching, allowing you to spur your allies on to greater feats of martial skill.
While you are in this stance, all allies who hear you and make a charge attack in the area gain a bonus on damage rolls equal to your initiator level.

Chistara, gain a +2 to your Damage Rolls.

"Chistara, I got your back!!!!"

Fife bravely charges his opponent.

BAB: +1
Damage Roll Bonus: +3

Valery
2014-11-04, 10:05 PM
Fife strikes at the Blonde Man with his manly bare bardic fist!

Attack Roll: [roll0]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-05, 05:56 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

"Now, hold on, I did not imply you were involved. I implied that those of influence will investigate indiscriminately. A subtle, but essential difference, I'd say." He leaves a silence. "As for Jannis, I can't say I am very close to him, or charmed by him, so any message you have to him you'll have to deliver yourself." He winks at the man, hoping that they can find some common ground in not-liking Jannis.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-05, 01:30 PM
"So let me analyze this situation, if I am correct. You tell me powerful people will become involved, in what I would call a somewhat ominous manner, due to arena attacks that you felt fitting to tell me about, but it's not an accusation against our village despite the fact that you are specifically investigating my village and saying that powerful individuals might come investigating in my village.

You smile as you deny that there is any accusation against this village then go on to remind me that your rich and powerful guild leader, because lets be honest, to whom else would you be referring to, will stick his filthy plebeian hands into our village. Then as I ask you to go report back to your leader, whom you work for, to stay away from our village, you tell me what boils down to 'no, I hate him too! You do it!'

You don't need to try to hide from me at this point as you've now made it abundantly clear. You, or your superiors that you are working for, think that our village, on virtue of committing no crime other than being Chiite, may be connected to the attacks on the arena and if you don't return with results more powerful and richer people will come back and force results.

To that I say the following. Finish your tea, enjoy a good nights rest, and enjoy your trip back home starting tomorrow morning. I will see to it that a team will be sent to deal with any spiders. You certainly will not get any information from this village let alone me."

(Humans are Knowledge Local.... why are you rolling it versus that chick? Devotion is for damage and attack)

(Note: Leading the charge gives bonus damage on Charge attacks)

Fife charges at the man to punch him, but provokes an attack of opportunity (you don't have Improved Unarmed Strike). The man swings his foot but is too late, Fife has punched him in the face for [roll0] non-lethal damage.

Niwa laughs at the bard.
"Go get im! No one likes im anyway!"

"Ok, thats it! I'm going to shut you nerds down."
He begins his flurry of blows.
He smacks Fife in the face twice for 16 non-lethal damage.
Chistara narrowly dodges a back hand from him, but he follows with a Snap-kick to her head for 12 damage. She feels very dizzy and must make a DC17 Fortitude Save for be Stunned for One round.

"How do you like me now ladies?!?! Ahahaha"

(Initiative:
Chistara: 18 <---- Current

sparky9042
2014-11-05, 01:51 PM
Ioriston smiles at the council one last time, then turns to follow Elthoron as the dwarf prepares to escort the group around again. "I do apologize, Elthoron, if you feel your duties are being interrupted on our behalf. If there is anything we can assist you with we would be happy to help."

Samah
2014-11-06, 08:53 AM
Fort Save: [roll0]

If not stunned she attacks again, "Not near as much as ye seem to think!"

Atk: [roll1] (including the -4 for non-lethal and the +2 bonuses from Fife)

Dmg: [roll2]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-06, 11:47 AM
Everything looks quite dizzy and Chistara needs a moment for everything to stop seeing in triples.

The orc woman lifts Ice up.
"Ohonononononononotlikelastweek!!!"
And hurls him across the room, he hits a wooden pillar, which snaps in two, and falls prone, but he's still alert.

He gets up.
"Thadwas dreadful."
And he shoots an icy bolt at the Orc woman.

Mike laughs at Layla once again as he bullrushes her through a wooden pillar.
"Bahahaha!"
Layla quickly recovers, and swings wildly with her greatsword and smashes the halfling into the ground, unconscious.

The blonde man grins at Fife.
"Bring it nerd!"

(Initiative:
Mike (KO'ed!): 10

"Thank ya, but its no problem. Lets go."

He begins to lead them back in the same direction as before, towards the building he pointed out earlier. Ioriston (dude, +12 spot.) notices as they walk that there are nearly no dwarves out anymore, they see one or two every minute, the amount of warforged is unchanged and there seems to be not a single halfling in sight.

"Soooo, I vote we get to our room first, or would you guys rather ditch Elthoron right now? I really doubt we needed someone to hold our hand as we walk back to an inn..."

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-06, 12:12 PM
It might be suspicious to try asking to ditch him right away. I vote we wait first.

Valery
2014-11-06, 12:18 PM
Fife's eye twitches. "Nerd......NERD????? Become greasy fool!!!!"

Fife take a 5 foot step back AND THEN:

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details).

DC 14 RELFEX

sparky9042
2014-11-06, 02:49 PM
At this point we ought not alienate Elthoron or draw suspicion. Let's just wait until we get to the room and discuss things further there.

Ioriston glances around, looking for any indication of the time. After a bit he speaks up again. "Must be late. I completely lost track of time. There's hardly anyone out bit the warforged." He chuckles somewhat sheepishly.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-07, 09:19 PM
(Egh, it's been like two days, we now return to your previously scheduled Play By Post campaign)
(Please see the OOC page 32 post
It's this quote! for discussion, it will take me ~30min after making this post before the OOC one is up)

"Ah, well ta doors probably been sealed by now, so ta hobbits probably all left to travel back to their homes. Dwarfs sleep at night and ta warforged don't."

Torma has a hunch that, while not a lie, Elthoron's explanation isn't quite adequate for why there isn't a single dwarf at all.

The group arrives at the building Elthoron pointed out earlier, which has a warforged guard at the entry way. It moves out of the way for the group to enter. Inside is what hardly could be described as an entrance hall, there is absolutely nothing in the first room but a few doors, a staircase, and a few more warforged. No furniture at all, only a few torches. Elthoron nods at the group.

"Well, here's where I leave ya'll. If ya need something ta warforged can help, the rooms don't have nothing in ta way of furniture, but that's because ta hobbits are usually ta only ones ta visit and they always bring their sleeping bags. I wish ya'll a pleasant night. Just pick any room ya'll like, they're all ta same."

And with that (unless someone stops him) Elthoron leaves.

"So... who want's to bet the rooms are filled with comfy beds and he was just teasing us?"

The blonde man slips on Fife's grease, though he quickly flips back up. He swings a kick at Chistara as he does so dealing 12 damage. Aiming at her head once again DC17 Fort save again or be Stunned for another round.
"Oh, I'm coming straight for you next pretty boy."

(Initiative:

After Omi's rather large rant at Waldrick, Waldrick takes his leave to the room set for him. It is a large guest room, with a queen sized bed, dresser, bedpan, and flowers. (Sorry I auto-forwarded you, you can get a last word in to Omi if you want and decide what you do for a few hours as Sophia was returning about, but to not be rude to Octauianus I move forward.)
----
After a fruitless night of speaking to townsfolk who clearly do not like her much. Sophia returns to Omi's home. The same maid as before opens the door for her. Omi is in a study across the hall from the room before. When Sophia comes in she can hear his voice from the study.
"Is that Sophia? Your room has already been prepared upstairs. I wish you pleasant dreams."

Octauianus
2014-11-07, 10:45 PM
(Egh, it's been like two days, we now return to your previously scheduled Play By Post campaign)
(Please see the OOC page 32 post for discussion, it will take me ~30min after making this post before the OOC one is up)

After Omi's rather large rant at Waldrick, Waldrick takes his leave to the room set for him. It is a large guest room, with a queen sized bed, dresser, bedpan, and flowers. (Sorry I auto-forwarded you, you can get a last word in to Omi if you want and decide what you do for a few hours as Sophia was returning about, but to not be rude to Octauianus I move forward.)
----
After a fruitless night of speaking to townsfolk who clearly do not like her much. Sophia returns to Omi's home. The same maid as before opens the door for her. Omi is in a study across the hall from the room before. When Sophia comes in she can hear his voice from the study.
"Is that Sophia? Your room has already been prepared upstairs. I wish you pleasant dreams."

Sophia walks into the study hall and bids Omi a goodnight. She then proceeds to her quarters and begins to read Omi's book before bed (maybe for like 3-4 hours or so).

Samah
2014-11-07, 11:48 PM
Fort Save [roll0]

If not stunned she attempts to attack again for the non-lethal type damage. "Who're ye callin' old?!?"

Atk: [roll1]

Dmg: [roll2]

sparky9042
2014-11-09, 12:36 AM
Ioriston looks around. His eyes then begin to glow as he scans the room and walk around it a bit, ensuring there is no magic in it.

Psicrafts:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-09, 07:57 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

"Well, it saddens me you have to read in my words what obviously was not said nor intended. I will find housing elsewhere then, tomorrow." Waldrick retreats to his chambers and waits for Sophia to return. He seeks her out for a private conversation. "Hi Sophia, how was your day?" Waldrick seats himself and starts writing something on a piece of paper, for Sophia to read: I think our host is listening in in some way, so lets not discuss our mission. "I had the weirdest thing happening. I was making small talk with our host, and mentioned the arena attacks and how that's likely to rouse some dust and suspicion here and there....because, that's quite likely, eh?" He winks at Sophia. "Then he grew all defensive, as if I was accusing him and the Chiites of being behind the attacks. Very strange. One might think he is even involved....but who cares about that?" He coughs. "Then he pretty much threw me out, so I'll have to find a different accommodation tomorrow."

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-09, 04:47 PM
(Carry on your conversation.)

Ioriston inspect the room but there seems to be no magical/psionic traces of anything at all. Save for the torches in the room have a Evocation [Light] aura. Harnor opens and enters one of the individual dorm rooms. He shouts back at Ioriston and Torma.

"Yup, completely empty!"

He moves back torwards Ioriston and Torma.
"Find anything? It seems this 'inn' is lacking in everything save torches and warforged."

Chistara wings, but the man bounces her blade away.
"Calling you old, woman!"

The Orc woman picks up Ice again.
"Ohononooooo, the second time is always worse than the first!"
He struggles to get away but her grip is too strong. Layla goes back to sitting down and watching the battle.

"Morons..."

(Initiative:

Valery
2014-11-09, 05:54 PM
"Don't worry Chistara, I have a plan! Except that it doesn't involve both of use being conscious.....he probably gonna knock you out....but I got one more thing I can try!"

Fife charges the blonde man, who's imminent Fife-pounding is nae, and uses Lesser Shivering Touch to try to weaken him.

Its a touch attack with no saving throw.
Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]
Dex damage if successful: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-09, 06:13 PM
Fife rushes forward, but gets punched (AOO) for 12 dmg. But he manages to land his spell! The blonde man suddenly looks a lot less capable of dodging.
"Wh- at? Such a cowardly tactic."

He flurries once again, but ALL his three of his attacks miss Chistara (really...).

(Initiative:

Octauianus
2014-11-09, 08:06 PM
Jot (Waldrick)

"Well, it saddens me you have to read in my words what obviously was not said nor intended. I will find housing elsewhere then, tomorrow." Waldrick retreats to his chambers and waits for Sophia to return. He seeks her out for a private conversation. "Hi Sophia, how was your day?" Waldrick seats himself and starts writing something on a piece of paper, for Sophia to read: I think our host is listening in in some way, so lets not discuss our mission. "I had the weirdest thing happening. I was making small talk with our host, and mentioned the arena attacks and how that's likely to rouse some dust and suspicion here and there....because, that's quite likely, eh?" He winks at Sophia. "Then he grew all defensive, as if I was accusing him and the Chiites of being behind the attacks. Very strange. One might think he is even involved....but who cares about that?" He coughs. "Then he pretty much threw me out, so I'll have to find a different accommodation tomorrow."

Upon meeting Waldrick in the hall, Sophia smiles and, after he inquires about her day, she replies, "It was fine, thank you". Then, she jots down on the same note that Waldrick passed her: I found nothing in the town when questioning them. The people were very rude. I suggest changing your appearance tomorrow and removing your Gilde arm band before you question the townsfolk. She then continues, "I am sorry about your conversation today. Hopefully, Omi will be in a better mood tomorrow. Interestingly, I am going to read a book of his which I am sure has brilliant ideas on guilds and Chiite integration into guilds". She then bids Waldrick a good night and proceeds into her room to begin reading the book.

Sophia begins to read Omi's book in order to find anything in between the lines (Wisdom Check): [roll0]

sparky9042
2014-11-09, 09:07 PM
"They spared no expense. The torches are everburning, which makes sense for an underground city. Otherwise I pick up no magic. Now, I am curious...before we turn in for the night, is there any sort of scrying we are able to perform, and if so, on whom? I could easily send a beacon into the conference room. Would that be advisable?"

As he says this Ioriston looks around the rooms to make sure they don't contain any points for anyone to easily listen on its occupants.

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering): [roll2]

Psicrystal Spot: [roll3]
Search Aid Another: [roll4]
Knowledge (Arts & Entertainment): [roll5]

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-09, 10:17 PM
"As I said, the pale dwarven councilor said he'd be going to meet with... someone tonight. It would be worth trying the council chamber if they're still talking and the dwarf hasn't left yet. If he has I don't know how we could find where he went very easily though.

You can't just watch *him* can you? He's the only one I could understand."

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-09, 11:03 PM
(just so I can go ahead and put this.)

Sophia makes some decent headway through the book. The book is a rather unexciting tale to say the least.

In the book Omi first describes his authority on the matter of the Chiite faith. He discusses how he is the highest Calavar (Know Rel: 23. Calavar is a Chiite word that sort of translates to "caste". Though there are some differences and Chiite castes aren't usually layers on top of each other, but a bit more complicated.) within the town of Qui and has been granted divine wisdom through Chi.

He then discusses the basic guild system of Xil and how it is the responsibility of the Chiite's to learn the law of the land. To not understand the law is a crime for a Chiite.

The meat of the book of course comes once Omi says "I say, do not omit yourselves from the Xillite system, though it is beyond my age, it is necessary that the younger of us find the bravery to enter into the guild system and participate in Xillite politics. For us to live in this nation, we will find no happiness unless we give back to them, and in return they will accept the best of our policies in the distant future."

The rest of the book starts describing why it's Chittes should enter the system, but rather than speaking about it from a benefit of Chi, he mostly talks about what the guilds offer to the individual and how each individual can benefit from the guilds. He points out that, by some Chiites working with the guilds, public opinion on Chiites would improve and those Chiites incapable of entering the guild system would suffer from less harassment.

The final entire half of the book is spent reconciling the fact that the guild system is chaotic with the fact that Chi is lawful. He uses multiple different arguments, such as law of the land, long term peaceful increase in law in Xil through participation, and by discussing just how the guild system doesn't really contrast with Chis laws.

Ioriston pretty thoroughly searches the room and finds no indication of ways for the group to be spied on. He also can't recall any information regarding arts or entertainment that might be relevant to spying. :smallbiggrin: He does remember though, the he once read Entertaining Guests For Dummies and the book specifically said not to offer a completely empty guest room with nothing in it at all to guests.

Can the beacon be spotted? If not, I think it would be worth it to give a shot at looking into the council room. Can it move either? I can try to scry on the pale dwarf, but there's a chance he'll know I'm doing so... If the beacon doesn't work I can go invisible and follow the pale dwarf as you guys search via beacon, then you just tell me where he is?

... man, why couldn't the guild mission be dragon slaying or something... I'm much better at violence than investigating...

...don't tell people I said that, it's not very Cherry Home of me."

sparky9042
2014-11-09, 11:41 PM
"Someone would only be aware of it if they're actively looking for it, really. I cannot follow anyone with it with one manifesting of the power...though I can manifest it multiple consecutive times in different locations to track someone..."

Ioriston rolls his eyes into his head as he focuses on the council room, placing a sensor inside of it.

Clairvoyant Sense, at the table inside the council room. I'm feeding any language heard but not understood through my psicrystal to Harnor and Torma.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-10, 10:30 AM
(OK, so Ioristons doesn't have auto-hypnosis, but people can repeat things as they're said (even if they don't understand it) and I would argue Ioriston is even more capable of doing so since he's smart. Also, this is a very difficult mission (IMO) probably the hardest you'd have for a long while, so I'm going to go ahead and treat it as Ioriston simply made a Wisdom check, keeping the same roll as before (15 + 2 for a 17). The only difference is, since it's not auto-hypnosis, you'd be incapable of repeating the words properly in the future.)

Ioriston manifests in the council room. Only the Warforged and Elthoron remain, they are both speaking in subterranean. Ioriston manages to perfectly repeat via telepathy what they're saying despite him not understanding what they are saying.

As Ioriston does this, Harnor casts comprehend languages.
"Their meeting is over. Apparently they're worried about us knowing something we shouldn't. The Pale dwarf already left. From what I'm gathering, apparently the halfling wanted us killed in our sleep but the rest of the council said no... they're mostly complaining about him and why... the 'ones below' chose him to be on the small council.

Huh, neat. Ok, let's see. Now they're wishing each other goodnight... the warforged just asked Elthoron when.... is he returning to the city? Apparently next week, he's still on the small council until then.

Huh, interesting."
As Harnor reports translates this last bit, Ioriston sees the warforged and Elthoron gather their things and begin to leave, walking out of the 10ft powers radius.

"Alright, want me to stay here? Or follow them? Maybe Torma can? We still don't know where that pale dwarf is headed..."

(I now realize this entire mission became way easier because of the fact that you guys can Clairvoyant sense. Them spellcasters yo)

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-10, 11:03 AM
"... man, why couldn't the guild mission be dragon slaying or something... I'm much better at violence than investigating...

...don't tell people I said that, it's not very Cherry Home of me."

"Don't worry, Harnor, that's true of me as well. Outside of herbalism, which is mostly useful just for helping tend minor injuries or illnesses, and playing go, I'm mostly a fighter too. You have to take care of yourself when you spend your life traveling the country alone."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How many times can you do that in a day, Ioriston?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll respond to the most recent stuff Harnor just said when I know the answer about Ioriston's clairvoyant sense/day.

sparky9042
2014-11-10, 11:49 AM
Ioriston meditates briefly, attempting to know more about himself. "If I solely manifest that power, I can do it ten more times."

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-11, 06:21 AM
Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick nods at Sophia as he reads the note. "Well, I wish you good luck with the book...not a big fan of books myself. I will be leaving this place in the morning." He winks at her. "I'll catch you later, perhaps at some guild banquet? I'll ask the officers to send someone else to help you investigate the disappearances....looks like I can do no good here." He winks again and takes off.

Waldrick plans to stay the night and leave the house and village in the morning. When he is sure he is not being followed, he finds a place alone to meditate and turn into Girelda, and removes her bracelet and other signs of Guilde, and heads back to the village.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-11, 11:19 AM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:7 (Evening)
Team Gilde: Summer 1:8 (Morning)
Ioriston and Torma: Summer 1:7 (Midnight (6 to 7))

(Lets see, how do I progress this.)
Sophia spends a few hours reading (see book portion above) as Waldrick goes to sleep. His room, like Sophia's, is very nice, with a queen sized bed, a polished oak dresser, and a nice sparkling mirror. He sleeps soundly and is brutally murdered in his sleep.

The next morning Waldrick gets up and heads out. Sophia is still sleeping at this time. As he heads out one of the female servants wishes him a good travel back, she seems polite but clearly not fond of Waldrick. He makes his way out of town with only a few angry morning glares. He does manage to get a bit deep into forest area and change into Girelda.

Girelda makes her way back to town, sans wearing guild symbol. She arrives upon a similar scene as yesterday at the same time Sophia wakes up in her room at Omi's house.

(Waiting on Chistara)

(Waiting on Torma)

Samah
2014-11-11, 12:05 PM
(Sorry!!! Btdubs, if I take 12 more damage I'm down and out haha)

Chistara swings again! At blonde dude!

Atk: [roll0]

Dmg: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-11, 02:48 PM
(This post brought to you in exclamations only)
Chistara swings!
Chistara misses!

The Orc woman throws Ice across the room again! He passes out! She sits down at a nearby table and continues drinking. Layla marches out of the room.

Most of the dust and violence is settling as half the Klanen members are passed out and the other half tired and drunk.

"I'll admit, you got some balls for an old lady. More than your cowardly friend over here. C'mon bard! Bring it!"

(Initiative:
Ice (KO'ed): 9

Valery
2014-11-11, 05:32 PM
(This post brought to you in exclamations only)
Chistara swings!
Chistara misses!

The Orc woman throws Ice across the room again! He passes out! She sits down at a nearby table and continues drinking. Layla marches out of the room.

Most of the dust and violence is settling as half the Klanen members are passed out and the other half tired and drunk.

"I'll admit, you got some balls for an old lady. More than your cowardly friend over here. C'mon bard! Bring it!"

(Initiative:
Ice (KO'ed): 9

"Man, I was really counting on Chistara to hit this guy," Fife thinks aloud. In the mist of the fighting Fife, oddly enough, has lost the ability to think within himself. His being so wrecked with fear from what is clearly going to be an epic thrashing from the large blonde man, that all internal monologues are spewing right out of his mouth!

"All this because I wanted to get laid...or play music...man I can't remember **** anymore. I mean, what am I doing here. My buddy's in trouble, but this guy is beating the crap out of me. Am I in my right mind? Of course you are Fife. Oh good, I thought I was thinking out loud again......I'm thinking out loud again......" As he says all this, Fife takes out his sickle(move action) and attempts to trip the Blonde man!

If my trip attempt does not succeed, Fife lets go of the sickle, so that he can't be counter tripped.
Attack Roll [roll0]
Strength Check to see if I trip him: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-11, 07:05 PM
Fife swings out and hooks his weapon onto the mans boot, but he pulls Fife's weapon away. He seems to lose balance for a moment... and falls over. He attempts to flurry from the ground, but horribly misses twice and again a third time....

Chistara's turn...

Octauianus
2014-11-11, 07:46 PM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:7 (Evening)
Ioriston and Torma: Summer 1:7 (Midnight (6 to 7))

(Lets see, how do I progress this.)
Sophia spends a few hours reading (see book portion above) as Waldrick goes to sleep. His room, like Sophia's, is very nice, with a queen sized bed, a polished oak dresser, and a nice sparkling mirror. He sleeps soundly and is brutally murdered in his sleep.

The next morning Waldrick gets up and heads out. Sophia is still sleeping at this time. As he heads out one of the female servants wishes him a good travel back, she seems polite but clearly not fond of Waldrick. He makes his way out of town with only a few angry morning glares. He does manage to get a bit deep into forest area and change into Girelda.

Girelda makes her way back to town, sans wearing guild symbol. She arrives upon a similar scene as yesterday at the same time Sophia wakes up in her room at Omi's house.

Sophia awakes and decides to see if she could grab some breakfast before finishing up Omi's book.

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-12, 01:09 PM
"I suppose it depends on how stealthy you are. I'm not very big, and I've not practiced sneaking around very much, but I can get by if I have to I suppose, and at the very least I can be VERY quiet. You have magic though, so if you can turn invisible for a while, or something, you'd probably be the safer bet trying to follow them. Though if you can scry, then it might be better if you stay and work on that. Maybe by the time I can find someone I'll have more information for a place for you to target with it.

Really it would be best if we could find the pale dwarf. I think when I go out to find Thoron or the warforged - whichever I can find first I guess - I should take Ioriston's pet rock with me, so I can keep in touch with you two while you're scrying. Ioriston, you can pass me direction on where to go if you find anything out or have any ideas, but be sure to keep at least one or two of your powers in reserve in case I need to call one in somewhere I can't get in. How far away can I be from you before we won't be able to talk?"

And for that matter how large does this city seem to be? Also how high is the ceiling?

Also also: I feel like me going out there is pretty obviously guaranteed to end in political disaster. Please someone stop me from doing this.

Samah
2014-11-12, 02:24 PM
Chistara smiles kindly down at the blonde man, "Have ye ever noticed, laddie, that pluckiness is always compared to having balls. Yet when ye kick a man they drop like a sinking stone, no matter their size?"

She swings again, 'Now stay down!"

Dmg [roll1]

Samah
2014-11-12, 02:28 PM
Crit confirm: [roll0]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-12, 04:18 PM
Before the blonde man can retort.... Chistara smashes him into the ground."Nice Sho-t..."
He too, is now knocked out.

The fighting dies down, leaving only about 10% of the remaining Klanen members conscious.
A dwarf hails the two Cherry Homers.
"Nice moves aye!"

Then Niwa addresses everyone again.
"Alright everybody! Let's all give Lave and Ice a round of applause for givin us such a good night celebrating!"

The remaining awake people cheer, a few other's wake up amist the cheering to join in.

"We got the next guild festival! Tonight is awesome! Now everybody it's bed time! Get out! We got unconscious people to haul out!"

People cheer once again and then down their remaining drinks (and the remaining drinks of those passed out) and begin to scatter. The blue dressed man, half knocked out on the ground next to Chistara mumbles.
"Di-aye win?"

As soon as Sophia steps out of her room she is greeted by a bald male servant.
"Good morning to you Lady Sophia. Omi Xiaolong said he has left out some bread and butter in the dining room table for you. He has gone to see if he can put together a team of warriors to double check and eliminate any remaining spiders from whence you came. I am to assist you in anyway, within reason, with your investigation. Merely say the word and I shall commit life and limb to any task granted the great Chi grant me the strength."

"My scrying might be less useful than Ioristons. Why don't we both head out and Ioriston keeps scrying? We have to decide what to do pretty quickly, the longer we take to find the pale dwarf the farther he'll get away. Anyway, regardless of what we decide, I'm going to get some pre-spying prep done."

Harnor casts Overland Flight (again) and then his entire body begins to shift into shadows, making him a bit harder to see.

"Oh, um, don't tell people I become all shadowy... I'm not really in favor of the 'dark and edgy' look to begin with, though it's really useful, and being 'raaar I am a scary shadow guy' isn't very Cherry Home either."

The city radius is ~1669.6826427 feet, the tallest point of the dome, from the outside would be ~531.746064554 feet. Ofc, Torma wouldn't know these exact measurements, but I feel like they're nice to know. :smallbiggrin:

sparky9042
2014-11-12, 06:06 PM
"Do that. I'll collect information and scry based on what you discover." Ioriston's psicrystal begins walking down the elf to the nearby halfling. "Bear in mind, Harnor, that if you and Torma split up, I won't be able to keep in contact with you."

Valery
2014-11-12, 08:26 PM
Fife picks up his sickle and lifts the blue-dressed man, who's real name Fife is still unsure of, and pats him on the back saying, "You got your ass kicked. It was brutal. Chistara and I beat blondie though." Fife attempts to high-five Chistara.

(If there's nothing else to do I'm good with fast forwarding to buying items.)

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-13, 03:37 AM
Jot (Girelda)

Girelda heads to the cheap inn they were told about without asking around and sees if she can get a room for a couple of days.

Samah
2014-11-13, 11:32 AM
Chistara high-fives Fife then says to the blonde man, That was for calling me old." She winks at him before offering her hand to help him to his feet. (If he has come to, that is.)

(I'm down for a FF, too)

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-13, 11:50 AM
(Well... moving forward)

"Hm? No problem. We'll stay together. Torma, you hold on to the psycrystal. We're not leaving through the front door."

He places a hand on Torma and the two blink out of the room.... and appear outside the building, on the opposite side from the front entrance. There are no warforged or halflings about outside. Meanwhile, Ioriston is left in a completely featureless room.

(You guys can assume any relaying you want between you two)

"Alright, I vote we head to the council building unless Ioriston tells us otherwise. You can still make us very quiet right? I have three invisibilities prepared, so I can place that on each of us once we start moving."

225 exp!
"Ah, well, Spoonybard my boy. Here in Klanen, you sometimes kick butt and other times you get your butt kicked. It was a good night. I am going to feel this all in the morning... as will Ice I'm sure."

It takes a moment before the blond man wakes up. As Chistara helps him up he groans.
"Ergh, nice hit... but you are kinda old..."

The night continues and Fife and Chistara do whatever Fife and Chistara do before heading to bed. They learn the name of the Blue man is Lave and the Red man is Ice. The blonde man, retained a cheerful braggart manner and is named Thor.

They are offered rooms at the Klanen guild dorms. They sleep soundly and awake the next day in the morning, early enough to make it to Twynns busy market area for shopping.
(What is everything you want to buy? I'll tell you what is/isn't available.)

(Sophia, see last post on previous page)

Upon passing through the town, Girelda does receive some odd looks, not negative, but rather curious, from the few people already walking about. The inn, with a sign labeled "the only inn in town!", was just a tiny wooden building, smaller than Omi Xiaolong's house.

Inside is only a tiny foyer with a little desk and a little bell on the little desk. Though the purpose of the bell is unclear... as upon entering a chime on the door rings. A rather tall woman, dressed in all white, appears from a door that is short enough that she needs to slightly duck to not hit it.
"Oh? Visitor? Three in two days? I supposed you want a room? It is a gold piece a night."
(Those prices! Outrageous!)

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-13, 12:03 PM
"I can."

Torma goes through a series of forms that Harnor has seen him use once before, and the area within a 10' radius of them becomes extremely quiet (-18 listen check for anyone trying to hear anything within the radius. He maintains the effect with his swift action every round, and it may move with him at will).

"Shall we?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-13, 12:08 PM
"Man, this is pretty cool, we should make up spy names. I'll doubleoh-zero, you can be windgale, and Ioriston can be falcon."

He casts invisibility on the pair and the two begin to head towards the council building. Not a soul to be seen in the entire city, save for one or two spiked warforged every few blocks.

(I'll wait to see if Ioriston does more magic while you two are walking there)

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-13, 12:17 PM
"Double-oh zero? Falcon? I understand windgale, but where are those others even coming from?"

Valery
2014-11-13, 01:11 PM
Fife goes to the market looking for, a component pouch (5gp), a miniature silver fiddle (30gp), masterwork spoons(cause those exist right?), masterwork artisan's tools (55gp), and masterwork Manacles (50gp).

140 gp total. (I don't know how much you want to charge for masterwork spoons....)

Octauianus
2014-11-13, 01:33 PM
As soon as Sophia steps out of her room she is greeted by a bald male servant.
"Good morning to you Lady Sophia. Omi Xiaolong said he has left out some bread and butter in the dining room table for you. He has gone to see if he can put together a team of warriors to double check and eliminate any remaining spiders from whence you came. I am to assist you in anyway, within reason, with your investigation. Merely say the word and I shall commit life and limb to any task granted the great Chi grant me the strength."[/SPOILER]

"Thank you" replied Sophia. She makes her way to the dining room and eats the buttered bread. When she has finished, she turns to the bald male servant and asks, "Have you ever read Omi's book? If so, what do you think about it?"

sparky9042
2014-11-13, 01:35 PM
Ioriston sits in silence in the inn, watching the passerby through his comrades' eyes. The warforged are sentries, one would presume. Remember, the falcon keeps an eye and ear on everything from its heights, striking when it needs to, and only then, Torma. You who manipulate the air should understand the behavior of its inhabitants. As for Harnor's chosen codename, zero is the number chosen to represent having nothing, and illusion can be described at its most basic as the manipulation of nothingness. Am I correct in my guesses?

Samah
2014-11-13, 01:57 PM
Chistara strolls along after Fife looking for three bags of Dust of Tracelessness (750 gp total).

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-13, 06:04 PM
"Thats...not quite it, but I like that reasoning better. Let's stick with that."

Torma and Harnor make it to the council building with no incident given their invisibility and silence (Might as well be a silence spell TBH). The front of the building is closed with a single warforged posted guarding it. (Spot 6) Torma can't see either of the two council members.

Harnor telepathically communicates to the psycrystal.
"I don't see them anywhere... Falcon, anything? If not I'll fly up."

"I'm afraid not my lady. Master Omi has not added his own book to my reading list yet. I feel, given how smart Master Omi is, his book would be too hard for me."

You guys manage to find/get all of those things. Fife finds perhaps the only pair of spoons in the entire city that were optimized for playing music rather than eating.

(Masterwork Instrument = 100gp)

sparky9042
2014-11-13, 06:51 PM
Ioriston once more scries the interior of the council chamber to determine if anyone has reentered.

Clairvoyant Sense again, inside the council chamber, rotating it around to see what's there if anything. Unfortunately my psicrystal can't hear or see things past 40 feet of itself, but my scrying beacon can as long as it's not pitch-black...

Valery
2014-11-13, 07:27 PM
After buying the nessecary supplies, Fife turns to Chistara and says, "I suppose we should say goodbye to our new violent friends before we leave."

Octauianus
2014-11-13, 08:02 PM
"I'm afraid not my lady. Master Omi has not added his own book to my reading list yet. I feel, given how smart Master Omi is, his book would be too hard for me."

"That is quite alright" replied Sophia, "By chance, do you know anyone in village who disagrees strongly with your master?"

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-14, 01:17 AM
Jot (Girelda)

Girelda looks at the lady, rather confused. "Three? No, I travel alone. Would you have a room for two or three days?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-14, 09:50 AM
Ioriston manifests once again, but does not spot anyone in the council room.

"Alright, one moment."
Torma can't see Harnor fly up, but shortly after he returns.
"Ok, so I saw the warforged and Thoron. Thoron just went into some house, the warforged seems to be walking through the city, towards the center. I still didn't see the pale dwarf. It doesn't help there's a giant freaking pillar blocking view of so much of the city. We might not have time to tail both the warforged and Thoron..."

(Um, idk where to forwards with just that? I'll edit this in a bit I guess if you guys are ready to leave?)

The man nods.
"Many disagree with Master Omi on many things. Master Omi believes we can work with the guilds while most of the down does not. I don't think I'm the best to speak of Chi and whether joining the guilds is good or bad. Very few from this village have gone and joined a guild."

-------------
"Oh, a, um, pair of guild members showed up. An overly inquisitive wench and an unsightly brute. I hope they do not stay long. When guild members show up here it usually means trouble for us. You have to be a cruel person to join a guild.

But of course, you may have a room for 3 days. You may even have the third night free, so just two gold pieces."

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-14, 10:19 AM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:8 (Morning)
Ioriston and Torma: Summer 1:7)

sparky9042
2014-11-14, 11:43 AM
Tail the warforged. Let me know whoch house it was Thoron entered.

Ioriston sends a scrying beacon into the house Thoron entered.

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-14, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me. Also, remember we can both fly, and it'd be best if we kept within my quieted area all the time. It will also make tailing that warforged easier.

And go ahead Ioriston, good idea, let us know what you find. Harnor can translate what you pass on as we go.

Octauianus
2014-11-15, 03:52 AM
The man nods.
"Many disagree with Master Omi on many things. Master Omi believes we can work with the guilds while most of the down does not. I don't think I'm the best to speak of Chi and whether joining the guilds is good or bad. Very few from this village have gone and joined a guild."

-------------
"Oh, a, um, pair of guild members showed up. An overly inquisitive wench and an unsightly brute. I hope they do not stay long. When guild members show up here it usually means trouble for us. You have to be a cruel person to join a guild.

But of course, you may have a room for 3 days. You may even have the third night free, so just two gold pieces."

"I see" replied Sophia, "And would you happen to anyone in this town who vehemently and passionately disagrees with your master. Perhaps, anyone who has gotten so angry that they almost got into a fight with your master?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-15, 12:39 PM
Ioriston scrys the builing Elthoron is in. Inside is only a single room, which is nearly completely featureless save for a bed and a table being in the room. Elthoron mumurs something before he undresses most of his clothes and then goes to sleep.

Harnor and Torma continue to follow the warforged, who arrives at the center pillar. There some guards are posted the warforged speaks to them in subterranian.
"Um, lets see, the council dude asked 'has Elwind descended?' the warforged said 'yes' then the council dude said 'have a good night.' "

The council member warforged walks past the pillar and continues walking.

"Oh, none would dare fight with Master Omi! Many do not think he is right to say we must involves ourselves with the guilds. I guess, if I had to say who was most opposed... Xiaolin Zhu..."

Octauianus
2014-11-15, 02:31 PM
"Oh, none would dare fight with Master Omi! Many do not think he is right to say we must involves ourselves with the guilds. I guess, if I had to say who was most opposed... Xiaolin Zhu..."

"Ah" muses Sophia before adding, "This Xiaolin Zhu, what sort of man is he?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-15, 03:16 PM
(Since you guys are heading out. Do you use the scrolls you have on the horses? If so it requires an UMD check. Since you're departing, survival checks and a d100 (followed by a d20) as well :smallbiggrin: )

Valery
2014-11-15, 03:52 PM
(Since you guys are heading out. Do you use the scrolls you have on the horses? If so it requires an UMD check. Since you're departing, survival checks and a d100 (followed by a d20) as well :smallbiggrin: )

(I say use the scrolls)

(This is for if we both decide to use the scrolls) Scroll use Check: [roll0]

Survival Check: [roll1]

d100: [roll2]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-15, 08:41 PM
Jot (Girelda)

Girelda nods. "Guilds, yes, heard about that." She shrugs. "Where I come from, we have family...that's as much 'guild' as I can handle." She smiles and then rummages through her pouch to produce two gold pieces. "I'll take the room for three days. Are there any things you'd advice me to visit during my stay?" She puts the gold on the counter. "I am not from here, but since I am here I might as well do some sightseeing before I move on."

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-15, 10:47 PM
Fife begins trying to read the scroll, but he simply starts pronouncing gibberish. The scroll begins to cackle with arcane energies and Fife realizes he's about to cause an explosion via scroll and stops (Avoided a Mishap). His mind feels a bit fuzzy and he may not attempt to use activate the scrolls again for another 24 hours. (But hey, no mishap)

(Waiting on Chistara for d100, d20, and Survival and a Use Magic Device if shes going to try to activate scrolls as well.)

(Copy paste of above post just for visibility)
Ioriston scrys the builing Elthoron is in. Inside is only a single room, which is nearly completely featureless save for a bed and a table being in the room. Elthoron mumurs something before he undresses most of his clothes and then goes to sleep.

Harnor and Torma continue to follow the warforged, who arrives at the center pillar. There some guards are posted the warforged speaks to them in subterranian.
"Um, lets see, the council dude asked 'has Elwind descended?' the warforged said 'yes' then the council dude said 'have a good night.' "

The council member warforged walks past the pillar and continues walking.

The servant continues to answer Sophias questions to the best of his ability.
"Oh he is an honest man, but unlike Master Omi he passionately hates Gilde. He hates Jannis and he would probably hate you too I think."
----
The woman doesn't doubt Girelda's words, though she does seem a bit interested in what Girelda said.
"Sightseeing? Here there's not much save for field and plow. The town is safe, so I don't have much advice for you. Though I heard there was an incident in Pamelon from our highest Calavar. You best stay inside at night, those violent extremists might have made their way near here by now."

Octauianus
2014-11-16, 12:34 AM
"Oh he is an honest man, but unlike Master Omi he passionately hates Gilde. He hates Jannis and he would probably hate you too I think."
----
The woman doesn't doubt Girelda's words, though she does seem a bit interested in what Girelda said.
"Sightseeing? Here there's not much save for field and plow. The town is safe, so I don't have much advice for you. Though I heard there was an incident in Pamelon from our highest Calavar. You best stay inside at night, those violent extremists might have made their way near here by now."

"I see" replied Sophia before continuing, "I am very sorry to bother you once more. But, do you know where I could find him?"

sparky9042
2014-11-16, 01:14 AM
Ioriston forwards Thoron's musings to Harnor to be translated. He has fallen asleep. I presume Elwind to be the halfling?

Samah
2014-11-16, 09:48 AM
(I do not possess UMD :()

Survival: [roll0]

D100 [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-16, 09:32 PM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:8 (Night)

"Thoron said something along the lines of 'damn halfling' or something. Elwind could be the halfling, he might also be the pale dwarf."

(Added previous post to this for visibility)

"I see" replied Sophia before continuing, "I am very sorry to bother you once more. But, do you know where I could find him?"

"Oh absolutely, I can escort you to him."
----

With everything settled Chistara and Fife hit the road again. Chistara and Fife easily stay on track of the road towards Minka, though they have a very long way to go. The horses manage to make a good 10 hours of travel before they become tired and stop travelling for the day. The weather remains sunny and Fife and Chistara encounter nothing on their first day.

(Should I just assume sleeping for 8 hours and stuff for you guys and fast forward that? I can fast forward all the way until something exciting happens. Also, you may retry Use Magic Device for one of the scrolls for each day, so I guess I should have told you to roll several times.)

Octauianus
2014-11-17, 03:21 AM
(Added previous post to this for visibility)

"Oh absolutely, I can escort you to him."
----

"Oh, you don't have to escort me at all", replied Sophia, "I really appreciate the sentiment, however. If you would be so kind as to give me directions, I will deeply appreciate it; for I intend to visit him another day".

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-17, 10:08 AM
I suspected that he might be the dwarf and hadn't considered the halfling. Do you think there's any chance we could get inside that pillar? Or should we just follow this warforged and hope?

It sounded like the pale dwarf was the only one who'd be doing big things tonight I think?

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-17, 10:25 AM
(dang it accidentally edited the original post....)
"Oh no, I absolutely must escort you. It would be wrong not to."

"Good idea Windgale. The pillar doesn't look like it needs to be solid.... Can Falcon scry into it if there is an inside?"

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-17, 10:33 AM
But it's really this large, and if this 'Elwind' has "descended" into it, we couldn't be sure where to tell him to look, right?

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-17, 10:51 AM
"I meant to confirm it's hallow before we waste time trying to enter it."

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-17, 10:53 AM
Sure I guess that will work.

Ioriston, every time you scry for us, could you give an update on how many more you can do? Just so we can keep better track while we're out here?

Valery
2014-11-17, 10:56 AM
(Assume the 8 hours thing and fast forward if you think that's best.)

Fife tries to use the scroll again.
UMD: [roll0]

Octauianus
2014-11-17, 01:11 PM
(dang it accidentally edited the original post....)
"Oh no, I absolutely must escort you. It would be wrong not to."

"I see", said Sophia, "How about in a couple of days then? I would like to look around town a bit more before visiting a single person".

sparky9042
2014-11-17, 02:08 PM
Ioriston scries once more, this time into the center of the pillar. I can do this six more times.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-17, 04:58 PM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:11 (Afternoon)

"You guys suck at using code names..."

Ioriston scrys into the pillar aiming for the center and ground level...

The pillar is compeltely hollow from what Ioriston can see. Torches line the inside and another warforged guard stands in the center of the pillar. Off to the side is a staircase down. It is completely dark.

"Sooooo... we're not gonna tail the warforged I assume?"

"Oh, absolutely! I will escort you around town!" The servant seems excited at the Sophia's current plans.

The two Cherry Homers get a good night rest and the next day Fife manages to activate the first scroll. Suddenly both horses perk up, and look extremely energetic. When Fife and Chistara mount for the day the horses travel twice as fast as they did the previous day, making them difficult to hold on to, but the CherryHomers manage. The weather remains bright and cheery. The day goes without incident. (3 days worth of travel)

The next day goes the same, as dull as the previous, Fife manages to activate the second scroll, and once again the horses bolt at speeds that just aren't normal for a horse. (5 days worth of travel).

The next day begins much the same, except without super speed horses. The weather becomes a bit overcast, but other than that things remain the same. After a few hours things feel so samey. The same dirt road, the same surrounding forest, the same cry for help.... that's different. A voice from the woods.
"HELP! HELP! Oh Great Freedom Xil HELP!"

Samah
2014-11-17, 05:31 PM
Chistara tosses her head at the cry, turning her horse's head as she does so. "Quick, me laddie! Let's go!"

She sends her horse galloping down towards the voice.

Ride Chk if needed [roll0]

Spot Check for anything that could trip my horse/knock Chistara off [roll1]

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-17, 05:39 PM
Probably not, Har...er, Triple-oh. I'd say we should split up to tail them, but our success relies on both our efforts, and I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I think finding the pale dwarf is more important, tonight. Can you see any likely ways in? Or do you have some more magic for that?

Torma assesses the pillar, its guard, etc, looking for ways in. (what do you want me to roll for that? Spot, search? Some knowledge? Something else?)

Octauianus
2014-11-17, 09:56 PM
"Oh, absolutely! I will escort you around town!" The servant seems excited at the Sophia's current plans.

Sophia did not decide to argue, for she immediately grasped the situation. "Before we depart, I shall go get ready in my room real quick. Thank-you for your kindness, I will be down shortly". After politely excusing herself (assuming that the servant allows her to do this), Sophia goes to her room and quickly rights down on a scarp of paper a note to Waldrick [Being watched. Go check out Xiaolin Zhu by yourself]. She then stuffs the note within one of her gloves. After changing, she then walks back down the stairs and awaits for the servant to prepare.

sparky9042
2014-11-18, 12:22 AM
I see no real reason to tail the warforged, the more interesting discoveries clearly lie below the pillar. I also see no real purpose to the codenames; as our communication is purely mental, if anyone were to be listening in on it, we would have far greater problems on our hands than our real names being revealed.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-18, 07:48 AM
Jot (Girelda)

"Violent extremists?" Girelda looks shocked. "As in an organized group? Bandits, or?" She shakes her head. "Well, that's not what I hoped this trip would be about, so thanks for the warning. I'll make sure to stay out of trouble." She orders something to eat and drink, and takes to time to establish her cover with the innkeeper....maybe she is a good starting point.

"Hey...silly question...but these events you mentioned....think there's a story in there?" She smiles. "I hope to be a writer some day. My father thinks women should make children and feed their men, though, and my mother does not believe I could make a living that way." She eats and drinks some and then shrugs: "I am traveling to find inspiration for a great story...I'd love to prove my parents wrong." She frowns. "Too bad my parents can't read..."

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-18, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure it's *clear* that what's inside or beneath the pillar is more interesting than the warforged or where it's going, but I'd agree it's more likely to be. And Falcon, I think the codenames are for fun. I think they're amusing at least.

(Search Check is in the OOC)

Valery
2014-11-18, 10:16 AM
"Mysterious unseen person calling out for help in the wilderness? There can be nothing inherently dangerous about this! Lets go!"

Fife follows behind Chistara.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-18, 11:43 AM
(Torma I realized you can't approach the pillar at ground level to search it, so I'm going to count it as spot with the same role but different mods for 22. Sorry about the bad ruling.)

Ioriston can't really seem to recall much about warforged. They're like golems right? Immune to magic and anything that doesn't effect objects? He also can barely tell anything about the pillar from his location, he does remember that pillars tend to be vertical and load bearing, basic stuff really.

Torma can make out a very thin series of cuts in the pillar in the shape of a door.

"I didn't prepare pass wall. Though I did prepare an instance of Stoneshape given where we were headed."

Ioriston hears a knock on his door. The voice of another warforged calling through the door.
"I. brought. blankets. for. you. three. Why. not. stay. in. different. rooms?"

(Sophia Bluff: 13)
"Before we depart, I shall go get ready in my room real quick. Thank-you for your kindness, I will be down shortly
"Oh of course, I shall wait outside. Let me know if you need anything."

Awaiting the servant to prepare doesn't take long, as he remains outside Sophia's room door the entire time.
"Ready my lady? It is a nice day out."
-------------

The innkeeper brings some breakfast to Girelda in the form of some stew.
"Oh such a shame! To not be able to read is a grand disappointment to Chi, of course some are incapable, but to not try is a shame.... not saying that your parents are like that of course! I was just going off on my usual tangents.

Have you written any books? or perhaps have some on you? I am in need of a few new ones, both for myself and Master Tianxing. There's a Gilde member in town, she might know a bit about the events that happened there, perhaps you can ask her? Apparently it was a group of Chiites not content with Xil, the details I do not know, not even if they were Gilde citizens or not."

Interestingly enough, though her form is poor, Chistara remains on the horse. Her and Fife bolt and begin to feel warmth on their faces as they near the direction of the shouting.

The source of the warmth is made clear rather rapidly. As they enter a clearing they see a house on fire with another ring of fire oddly surrounding the entire house. A woman stands at the fire circle, trying to beat it out, and weeping. Near the house are also some farm areas that have been set on fire, though not to the degree of house.

Floating in the air, 50ft off the ground is an imp, laughing.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The woman glances about and notices the two Cherry Homers.
"Oh thank Xil, guild members! Please! My son and husband! Inside! Please!"

The imp notices the pair, he looks fearful and then relaxes again.
"Oh... it's just Cherry Homers! HAHA this is AWESOME! Help has arrived but it's Cherry Home! BAHAHA, ok, seriously, I'll watch you cry just a bit longer... man, I wish I had a chalice to drink your tears from!"

Valery
2014-11-18, 12:17 PM
(Torma I realized you can't approach the pillar at ground level to search it, so I'm going to count it as spot with the same role but different mods for 22. Sorry about the bad ruling.)

Ioriston can't really seem to recall much about warforged. They're like golems right? Immune to magic and anything that doesn't effect objects? He also can barely tell anything about the pillar from his location, he does remember that pillars tend to be vertical and load bearing, basic stuff really.

Torma can make out a very thin series of cuts in the pillar in the shape of a door.

"I didn't prepare pass wall. Though I did prepare an instance of Stoneshape given where we were headed."

Ioriston hears a knock on his door. The voice of another warforged calling through the door.
"I. brought. blankets. for. you. three. Why. not. stay. in. different. rooms?"

"Before we depart, I shall go get ready in my room real quick. Thank-you for your kindness, I will be down shortly

Awaiting the servant to prepare doesn't take long, as he remains outside Sophia's room door the entire time.
-------------

"Oh such a shame! To not be able to read is a grand disappointment to Chi, of course some are incapable, but to not try is a shame.... not saying that your parents are like that of course! I was just going off on my usual tangents.

Have you written any books? or perhaps have some on you? I am in need of a few new ones, both for myself and Master Tianxing. There's a Gilde member in town, she might know a bit about the events that happened there, perhaps you can ask her? Apparently it was a group of Chiites not content with Xil, the details I do not know, not even if they were Gilde citizens or not."

Interestingly enough, though her form is poor, Chistara remains on the horse. Her and Fife bolt and begin to feel warmth on their faces as they near the direction of the shouting.

The source of the warmth is made clear rather rapidly. As they enter a clearing they see a house on fire with another ring of fire oddly surrounding the entire house. A woman stands at the fire circle, trying to beat it out, and weeping. Near the house are also some farm areas that have been set on fire, though not to the degree of house.

Floating in the air, 50ft off the ground is an imp, laughing.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The woman glances about and notices the two Cherry Homers.
"Oh thank Xil, guild members! Please! My son and husband! Inside! Please!"

The imp notices the pair, he looks fearful and then relaxes again.
"Oh... it's just Cherry Homers! HAHA this is AWESOME! Help has arrived but it's Cherry Home! BAHAHA, ok, seriously, I'll watch you cry just a bit longer... man, I wish I had a chalice to drink your tears from!"

Knowledge Planes(Imps): [roll0]

Fife then casts Harmony(Standard Action) on himself and pulls his spoons from his bag(Move action).

"I know next to nothing about that thing, but we need to get those people out of the buiding pronto!"

sparky9042
2014-11-18, 01:12 PM
Ioriston walks up to the door. "I will take the blankets, if you would be so kind as to leave them. The other two are sleeping in their rooms, I stay up a bit later. I'll give them their blankets myself, I wouldn't want to startle them."

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-18, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure we want to leave a hole in their wall, triple-oh, -- I have a feeling they might notice that. Though I suppose if the pillar is hollow the whole way up we could make it very high? Falcon, while're you're poking around in there, look up for us?

sparky9042
2014-11-18, 01:51 PM
Ioriston quickly rotates the sensor upwards. There may be trouble back here. Keep going though, I'll handle it.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-18, 07:21 PM
The warforged is quite for a while and then he knocks again.
"I. should. probably. make. sure. you. get. them. May. I. please. come. in.?"
He doesn't seem particularly trusting of Ioriston.

Ioriston looks up with his power. It appears the pillar remains hollow, but is pitch dark further up, preventing Ioriston from seeing the very top.

"Of course the dwarves leave everything dark. The other option is to knock out all these warforged before the realize whats going on."

Octauianus
2014-11-18, 07:39 PM

-------------

"Quite prepared" said Sophia with a small smile on her face, "Let us go". After a small pause while they are walking, "Ah, would you mind showing me some nice places in this town? What do you like to do while you are not working, if you ever have free time?"

sparky9042
2014-11-19, 01:00 AM
Ioriston backs up as far away from the front door as possible, then turns to face it. "Very well. You may enter."

Don't get clumsy. You're on your own for a bit. And thanks for the idea.

Samah
2014-11-19, 05:40 PM
"Aye, that we do!"Chistara glares up at the imp. She then focuses her attention on the ring of fire around the house. "Step back, lass!!" Chistara fires a Ray of Frost at the ring of fire; aiming so as not to hit the woman.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-19, 09:46 PM
Chistara's ray its a square of the fire, making a small line through it, large enough to pass through if someone went through it quickly (being nice here. Ray of Frost is 1d3 cold damage, non-magical fire is twice as hot as that TBH).

The imp looks more curiously.
"Huh? A wizard with a battle axe? Can you do nice magic than that?"

(See previous posts as well Girelda)
Sophia and the servant leave the large house and begin to stroll about. The man doesn't seem to describe much exciting about the town, theres a farm, a house, another house, oh look a general store, another house, more farms...
"Me? I like to read, Omi has given me a rather large list that I should read. It is a crime to Chi to not at least try to learn to read. I can also play a lute. What about yourself? What do you do my lady?"

(moving forward)
Harnor makes a remark to Torma.
"We're kinda pushing for time dude."
He recasts Invisibility on both himself and Torma.
"I'm going to open up the top of the pillar with a small hole. Want me to carry you up? Your wind floating power dealio isn't super discreet. Or do you think we should try the door? The long we wait the more warforged are going to knock on Ioristons door."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Ioriston hears a click at the door, which opens. The Warforged peers through, a spiky one holding a few blue blankets with his right hand. He has a rather large fist with spikes on it for a left hand.
(Surprise round if you want).

Octauianus
2014-11-19, 10:35 PM
(See previous posts as well Girelda)
Sophia and the servant leave the large house and begin to stroll about. The man doesn't seem to describe much exciting about the town, theres a farm, a house, another house, oh look a general store, another house, more farms...
"Me? I like to read, Omi has given me a rather large list that I should read. It is a crime to Chi to not at least try to learn to read. I can also play a lute. What about yourself? What do you do my lady?"

"Politics and literature", said Sophia in response.

sparky9042
2014-11-20, 12:01 AM
Ioriston coolly faces the warforged and calls forth a mass of ectoplasm to trap the construct.

Entangling Ectoplasm
Attack roll (ranged touch): [roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

If the thing is Large-size, I'll augment the power to be able to entrap it with EE.

Samah
2014-11-20, 09:56 AM
(Oh, shizzpickles, I guess I coulda rolled! Sorry!! Also, thank you!)

Chistara bolts through the small passage way then eyes the imp, "Aye. I can do more magic than a bit o' ice...but it's hard to concentrate with all this fire around. I'll show ye, if ye dispell this."

Valery
2014-11-20, 01:45 PM
"I'll give us a little boost."

Using Inspire Courage. +2 to attack and damage rolls. +3 resistance against fear and charm effects.

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-20, 02:34 PM
Sure, I think that's a good idea to go in through a small hole at the top, sure. If you can carry me and think my wind would be a concern sure, that's fine. I'll maintain the quieting area around us as we go.

Sorry I didn't post last night when I got home like I intended -- I was just beat, went to take a nap at 6:30, and just didn't get up until this morning at 6:30! Still, it was good to catch up on sleep; I've been super tired all week. Work's getting really busy and starting to be stressful again :/

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-20, 06:38 PM
Chistara bolts through the flames without incident. But the flame seals up behind her. She is now between a ring of fire and the house.

The imp raises the imp equivalent of an eyebrow at Chistara.
"Um, it's not magic fire? It's just a lot of fire. I can't dispel it any more than you Trashy Homers can finish a mission..."

The woman outside of the fire begins weeping.

"Oh pipe down lady, can't you laugh at the funny situation? Geez.... no one appreciates a good prank nower days. Oh nooooo my child will burn to death in there! Lady, you can always make another... he already even stopped crying, odds are he's passed out."

Ioriston throws out his ectoplasm, but the warforged was nimbler than he looked, he ducks out of the way of Ioristons ectoplasm. Ioriston manages to react with a second set of actions before the warforged mounts its offensive.
(You beat him on initiative)
-----------------------------------------
Meanwhile Harnor lifts Torma up as Torma maintains the field of silence. Harnor opens a small hole at the top of the pillar, large enough for Harnor to squeeze through, and more than enough for Torma.

"Man, this silence thing is useful.... they can't even hear me cast. Anyway, would you like the honors of knocking out Mr. Robit down there? Or want me to do it? It is your first mission, gotta make these things special yo. Even Falcon is bonding with a warforged buddy right now."

(Waiting on Girelda)

sparky9042
2014-11-20, 07:32 PM
Ioriston glares angrily at the warforged, then launches a ray of electricity at it.

Energy Ray (Electricity). I should get a +3 against it since it's made of metal. Augmented to 4 pp.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

I sorely need Knowledge Devotion.

Valery
2014-11-20, 07:50 PM
Fife spends a turning undead to use the Divine Vigor Feat.

As a standard action, spend one of your turn or
rebuke undead attempts to increase your base speed by 10 feet
and gain +2 temporary hit points per character level. These effects
last a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-21, 11:04 AM
Jot (Girelda)

"Hmmmyeah....they would want to learn, I guess. They just never did when they were young....and I guess they get by just fine without. I might teach them one day." She shakes her head when she asks about books. "Gosh, no, I am hoping to write my first book soon."

When she is done eating, she puts her stuff in her room and heads out. "Thanks for the nice food...I'll see if I can find this Gilde person....and maybe some other inspiration for my book." She waves goodbye and tries to find Sophia somewhere safe, where she can 'reveal herself' and they can think of a next step.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-21, 12:51 PM
(note: Sophia HAS seen Girelda's face, you showed it to her that first night camping.)

The innwoman thanks Girelda for the pleasant conversation and wishes her luck in her daily endeavors before Girelda heads out to find Sophia.

(Sophia Spot: 27, Girelda Spot: 16)
It doesn't take long for Girelda to get sight of Sophia in such a small town. Both Girelda and Sophia catch sight of each other rather quickly, and luckily Sophia manages to recognize the face. Sophia is walking about with a bald man wearing all white is with her.
"and this here is another house.... and over here is a house..."

(I'm assuming you guys haven't approached each other yet. Also, it will take Sleight of Hand to pass that note to Girelda btw)

Ioriston launches his ray of electricity at the warforged, who drops to the ground almost immediately and begins convulsing before it becomes completely rigid on the ground.

Ioriston hears some some noises of curiosity coming from the other warforged in the large room.
--------------------
Torma and Harnor descend down to ~240feet above the warforged, Torma can now see him.
"I don't see him quite yet."

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-21, 01:11 PM
It's okay, I can. There's just the one warforged down there, in an otherwise empty room, with a staircase going downwards. I think it'd be smarter to just go past him, rather than risk leaving an unconscious body or other signs someone came through here. It would probably take longer to bother dropping him too. Let's just slip past?

Falcon, what's going on with you? You said we were on our own for a bit, but is everything okay?

Octauianus
2014-11-22, 03:38 PM
(note: Sophia HAS seen Girelda's face, you showed it to her that first night camping.)

The innwoman thanks Girelda for the pleasant conversation and wishes her luck in her daily endeavors before Girelda heads out to find Sophia.

(Sophia Spot: 27, Girelda Spot: 16)
It doesn't take long for Girelda to get sight of Sophia in such a small town. Both Girelda and Sophia catch sight of each other rather quickly, and luckily Sophia manages to recognize the face. Sophia is walking about with a bald man wearing all white is with her.
"and this here is another house.... and over here is a house..."

(I'm assuming you guys haven't approached each other yet. Also, it will take Sleight of Hand to pass that note to Girelda btw)

Sophia pretends not to notice and continues paying attention to the servant accompanying her.

sparky9042
2014-11-22, 11:49 PM
Well, either someone's suspicious of us, or they will be. But then again the feeling's mutual. Anyway, don't count on me to keep scrying.

Ioriston moves up to the warforged on the ground to examine its state, then prepares to move outside.

Heal: [roll0]

Samah
2014-11-23, 03:24 PM
Chistara stares at the house in horror. [COLOR="#800080"]Ye wee menace! To entrap a child in fire. Let us see how ye care for it, then!" She flings a Kelgore's Firebolt at the Imp.

Kelgore's Firebolt (DC 14/Reflex Half) [roll0]

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-23, 11:19 PM
"Ok, well... let me know if you want me to go back. I can be there in six seconds if you need me...

Anyway, yeah Torma, if you think slipping by is better then lets do it. Your zone of silence thing is really making this easy."

Harnor and Torma fly downwards and can now see the staircase. Which is pitch dark as it continues down.
Do you walk or fly down the staircase?

Also, I feel like flying within 10ft of the warforged would make him not suffer the same listen penalties, or else how would talking within your Wind Whisper work? Although the PDF makes it seem like you wouldn't be able to even talk to each other within it.

The problem though, is that we've already established that you can talk within it. Meaning noise can travel within the Wind Whisper. So I'm going to roll Move Silently for you and Harnor. With an obvious bonus for flying.
Torma Move Silently: 21

The warforged doesn't seem to notice the two Cherry Homers and they head down towards the staircase. This warforged appears to be ten feet tall, and it stands perfectly still at its post.
"One second..."
Harnor casts another spell.
"I can see down there, I'll lead, unless you'd rather."

---------
Ioriston, meanwhile, moves next to the warforged, but he can't really tell about the warforgeds current state. He isn't currently moving though.

Right outside, back in the large room, are the other warforged Ioriston saw when he first arrive. Four in total spread about the room. They all look somewhat surprised and others a tad bit angry as the glance from Ioriston to the warforged on the ground.

(Keglores is no save, but allows SR)
Chistara fires a bolt at the Imp, with leaves only minor scorch marks on the imp.
"Um, don't you have a child corpse to save instead of firing bolts of suck at me? Do that one more time and I might show you what real fire is like...

freaking nerds..."

The scorching on the imp slightly fades, as if the imp was just healing passively.

(Chistara you are in between a burning house and a burning ring of fire surrounding a house btw)

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-25, 09:49 AM
After you, then.

... What were you casting there? Torma asks as the descend.

Oop! Sorry, didn't notice that I needed to post to advance! I read through the part about move silently and got distracted and forgot there was more to the post until I checked it again now!

Valery
2014-11-25, 03:49 PM
Fife rushes towards Chistara and yells, "What are you waiting for?"

Fife attempts to knock open the burning door to get the family out. (I'm not sure what to roll for that, if anything)

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-25, 08:53 PM
1) Str check
2) the house was surrounded by a ring of fire as well as itself being on fire, are you jsut tanking the damage? Nonmagical fire is 1d6

Valery
2014-11-25, 09:12 PM
1) Str check
2) the house was surrounded by a ring of fire as well as itself being on fire, are you jsut tanking the damage? Nonmagical fire is 1d6

Fife is totally tanking it.

[roll0]

sparky9042
2014-11-25, 11:12 PM
Ioriston looks up at the mass of warforged, attempting to come up with something convincing.

"I do apologize, however I have reason to believe the warforged on the ground may have been an assassin."

Bluff the stupid warforged! :elan:
[roll0]

Or do I even need bluff since it is technically true?

Samah
2014-11-25, 11:27 PM
"Blast yer eyes, imp!" Chistara yells, hurtling towards the house to fling herself at the door.

Str Check [roll0]

(time to tankytank)

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-11-26, 06:12 AM
Jot (Girelda)

Girelda notices Sophia and recognizes how she is occupied right now and can potentially not communicate directly. She winks briefly when they catch each others' eyes and makes sure she is in the neighbourhood so whenever Sophia is done doing whatever she is doing, they can hook up.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-26, 11:39 AM
Fife bolts through the flames taking 1 fire damage. He makes it to the door and...
Smashes right through the feebled and weakened door and into a house that is completely ablaze! He stands in a kitchen, with a single table in the middle and stair case that leads up. he takes another 2 fire damage.

(no bluff needed)
One of the warforged steps a bit closer to Ioriston.
"We. are. security. here. He. was. one. of. us. You. were. the. possible. invaders. here. Now. you. are. the. criminal. here."
(They currently do not seem hostile, though they do have arms on their person)
----
"Darkvision. Didn't want to use light here. Man they should have better lighting here, someone might get hurt going down."
(Ominous Dex check for Torma: 9)
The two Cherry Homers head down. Torma follows Harnor as best as he can, he manages to stay flying without colliding into anything save for a small brush against the wall every now and then.

It takes a quite a while to reach the end of the staircase, which opens up into a cavern like hallway very well lit by stones on the ceiling. The cavern hallway has a slight angle downwards and curves as it descends.
(Torma Listen: 15)
Torma can hear movement coming from where the two Cherry Homers came from. As well as a voice in the distance, speaking in subterranean.
"<Subterranean>"
"Someones asking for help down there..."

(Girelda: Move Silently: 21, Hide: 16, Listen: 10)
Girelda stays near Sophia and it doesn't seem like Omi's servant notices. He spends a long time describing completely pointless features of the town. After finally pointing out every single building thats a "house" or "I forget what that is." He finally pauses.
"I think that's everything. Is there anything else I can show you?"

Girelda manages to catch everything the servant says, he's not particularly quiet.

Valery
2014-11-26, 01:07 PM
Fife calls out for anyone in the home, in case anyone is still conscious.

Search Check: [roll0]

Octauianus
2014-11-26, 01:37 PM
(Girelda: Move Silently: 21, Hide: 16, Listen: 10)
Girelda stays near Sophia and it doesn't seem like Omi's servant notices. He spends a long time describing completely pointless features of the town. After finally pointing out every single building thats a "house" or "I forget what that is." He finally pauses.
"I think that's everything. Is there anything else I can show you?"

Girelda manages to catch everything the servant says, he's not particularly quiet.

"Ah no. That is perfect, thank you" replied Sophia, "I think I will grab some food somewhere while going somewhere private tio report to my guild. Silly things but I have to do it. Once again, thank you so much for your kindness".

Caligstro Smith
2014-11-26, 02:16 PM
We should continue, then, while we're still completely hidden. See who's asking for what, and of whom.

So, to clarify, you're saying there are sounds of movement coming from upstairs, ie: following us? Torma would mention that also and suggest we also keep out of their way as they advance.

Samah
2014-11-26, 05:34 PM
Chistara follows Fife and helps him search. (No damage???)

Search Chk: [roll0]

sparky9042
2014-11-27, 01:13 AM
Not. Sense motive: [roll0]

"Security? I see...so they assign you with menial labor and gruntwork to keep you distracted and busy, while they enjoy the fruits of your labor?"

Ioriston looks the warforged who has stepped forward in the eye inquisitively. "And pray tell, how do you feel about the current order of society?"

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-27, 06:37 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
TAKE A BONUS 500 HOLIDAY EXP

Chistara and Fife immediately begin searching through the house, it doesn't take them long to realize no one is in the kitchen. Fife runs up the stairs....

and finds a completely empty room. A small plaque is in the far corner of the room. Walking closer to it, Fife can make out that it says...

SUCKERS!!! SUCCUBI CAN SHAPESHIFT!

Chistara hears a "thud!" behind her, and finds a rather large stone blocks the entrance to the house. Laughter can be heard outside, though it slowly fades away.

During this this time the Cherry Homers take 6 fire dmg.

"Oh! Well, we have food for you at Master Omi's house! You are currently our guest after all. No one will bother you in your room, but if you want to go somewhere else that is fine. But I insist on escorting you at least to wherever you decide to privately report. I can wait around the corner or so.... Master Omi insists on your protection as a Gilde member and many in the town are not fond of you... not that there's anything wrong with you! You're ok!"

He gives a horribly awkward grin.

The warforged looks at Ioriston firmly and replies.
"We. are. content. Guarding. isn't. menial. You. are. confusing. us. with. the. ones. outside."
Another speaks up.
"Please. do. not. distract. from. the. topic. at. hand. You. have. just. killed. our. coworker. and. that. is. a. crime."
-----------------
(@Torma, I am indeed speaking of behind you. Also curse your silent invisibility...)
"Gotcha. Alright, lets move."
The two Cherry Homers continue forward. Glancing behind them they see the warforged from the pillar has come down and is glancing about rather confused, though he does not approach them since he cannot see them. The two Cherry Homers travel lower into the earth and around a curve.

After what feels like a full minute of flying/levitating the two arrive at a small pit over the entire ground of the hallway. A single stone walkway crosses it to the other side of the hallway. They here the crying out voice once again, coming from the pit.
(Torma spot: 9)
Torma can't make out what is down there since it's unlit.
"There's a person down there.... I think it's the pale dwarf! But I'm not sure."

sparky9042
2014-11-27, 07:10 PM
Ioriston looks slightly dismayed. "I see. The warforged outside are the ones at the bottom of the caste system. You're slightly higher up, and profit off of their labor, meanwhile others profit off of yours. Tell me... Were your jobs given to you, or could you choose them?"

Ioriston backs up slowly, waiting to see what formation the warforged security patrol takes.

Octauianus
2014-11-28, 12:22 AM
"Oh! Well, we have food for you at Master Omi's house! You are currently our guest after all. No one will bother you in your room, but if you want to go somewhere else that is fine. But I insist on escorting you at least to wherever you decide to privately report. I can wait around the corner or so.... Master Omi insists on your protection as a Gilde member and many in the town are not fond of you... not that there's anything wrong with you! You're ok!"

He gives a horribly awkward grin.

Sophia replies, "Thank you for your kindness, but I rather do this in absolute privacy. And since you are so kind, escort me to edge of town?". Sophia gives a weak smile to his awkward grin after thanking him for his kindness.

Samah
2014-11-28, 04:28 PM
"Damn and blast!" Chistara roars. "C'mon, me laddie! We'd best get out o' here!" She attacks the wall with her GreatAxe to to try and make a hole large enough for them to fit through.

Dmg:[roll1]

Valery
2014-11-28, 05:50 PM
"Of course it's a trap! Nothing in my life is ever this straight forward!"

Fife rushes back to Chustara to help break the stone wall. (P.S. Is there a window, cause we could just go out a window?)

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-29, 02:44 PM
Chistara tears a decently sized hole through the wall of the house. Enough to squeeze through. The walls seemed absurdly thin for a house.

Both Cherry Homers take 3 fire damage. As the exit the burning building. Their horses still remain a few feet back where they left them. The woman and the imp nowhere to be seen.

375 EXP

(Torma also see previous post)
The same warforged replies.
"We. choose. this. job. within. the. ones. within. our. cavalar."

(KHistory 14: Ioriston knows cavalar = caste. In Xil they just call it a caste though, Chiites tend to think of it as more than that. He also knows that you can move down and up caste's, but there are strong rules for how it's done.)

"Will. you. come. quietly? The. small. council. will. want. to. speak. with. you. tomorrow. morning. for. the. murder. of. our. colleague. We. did. not. think. a. guild. of. Xil. would. attack. Dkraten. Where. are. your. comrades?"

I'm assuming Ioriston backed up into the rather small room. The door is 15ft away from the opposite end of the room. The lead warforged is at the door, right in front of where the downed warforged is. One warforged is 10ft behind him and the other two are 5 ft diagonal to him now.

(Sophia Diplo: 12)
"I guess it's ok.... but Master Omi told me there might be giant spiders outside of town and that I am under every circumstance to keep you safe. May I at least remain within shouting distance until you are done?"

He walks Sophia to the edge of town as he talks. Girelda manages to follow without being noticed.

Octauianus
2014-11-29, 03:59 PM
(Sophia Diplo: 12)
"I guess it's ok.... but Master Omi told me there might be giant spiders outside of town and that I am under every circumstance to keep you safe. May I at least remain within shouting distance until you are done?"

He walks Sophia to the edge of town as he talks. Girelda manages to follow without being noticed.

"As long as it is 200 feet away" replied Sophia as she sits at the edge of town looking towards the servant expectantly.

Oko and Qailee
2014-11-29, 04:10 PM
(Girelda also see previous post)
"Ok. I'll just stay here.... and you go 200ft away and shout if spiders attack you? I will just wait here."

Octauianus
2014-11-29, 06:48 PM
(Girelda also see previous post)
"Ok. I'll just stay here.... and you go 200ft away and shout if spiders attack you? I will just wait here."

"Sounds good", replies Sophia, she then walks somewhere 200 feet away and where it is quiet.

Valery
2014-11-29, 10:48 PM
Fife runs out of the house and stands next to Chistara patting the soot off of his clothes. "I have a feeling that this is going to happen a lot," he said. Fife begins walking towards his horse, mounts it, and says, "I feel strange though. It's like it didn't matter that we were almost burned alive, roasted in a house sized oven designed two beings of a plane not our own, death gripping us slowly as we became ever more crispy, while we wondered why we were so nice as to not suspect a thing. I some way, I feel like I've learned....grown from this experience in a significant way.....as if I've....leveled up?? Fife strokes his chin inquisitively and gives a tiny smug grin.

FIFE IS LEVEL 6!!!!! ALL BOW TO HIS SPOONY WAYS :)P

sparky9042
2014-11-30, 01:23 PM
Ioriston backs up towards the far wall of the small room. "Yes, yes, understandable, you wish to take me before the -- incredibly fractured and broken, see, you really have no idea what goes on around here, do you? -- small council of yours so that I can ask them quite politely which one of them had the brilliant idea to send assassins to my room. Two problems with that, though -- one, you really shouldn't be asking questions that don't concern you, like "where are the other two people", and two...well, I'll show you...

I think I can only get two of them as direct targets of the wall even if I summon it as a ring. I'm just going to summon it as a ring with radius 10ft, so it gets two of them as though they were passing through, then have it emanate energy inwards.

Energy type: electricity

Damage:
The two being directly targeted by the wall: [roll0]
The other two: [roll1]

Reflex DC 22

Samah
2014-11-30, 07:38 PM
Chistara bursts from the burning wreck of a house. After Fife speaks Chistara tilts her head to one side, "How curious...as do I." She dusts herself off briskly. "Ah, well, lets be on our way then, shall we?"

She goes to remount.

Valery
2014-11-30, 07:48 PM
"I'd say so."

I'm up for travel time.

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-01, 09:48 AM
We've come this far, we need to see what's there, let's keep moving then. We need you to hear what he's saying. Apparently there's some sort of way for them to know someone's down here, though, judging by the guard who followed us down here. We'll need to be careful.

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-01, 11:54 AM
Chistara and Fife: Summer 1:18 (Afternoon)
Ioriston and Torma: Summer 1:7 (???????)

"It could be several things... earthsense, telepathy, scrying on this area. The old guy is calling for help. I think he may have fallen or something, which means our goal is past this bridge and further down."

-----------------------------
The warforged for a split moment feel the formation of an energy wall and jump into combat at absurd speeds. Three of them rush Ioriston, attempting to drop him quickly before he can cast his wall, but none of their spiked fists manage to penetrate Ioristons mithril chain shirt. The forth one witholds his action until after Ioriston drops the first three.

He speaks rather rapidly compared to the other warforged (because the DM is tired).
"You say we do not understand what's going on. But I submit it is you that does not understand. There are no assassins sent to you by the council, you guessed incorrectly as to our job description and place within the cavalar. Despite the fact that you clearly have been wrong about your assumptions thus far, you submit we do not understand the situation? Nay, it is you who does not.

The facts are clear here, you are an outsider from a supposedly allied nation, come for reasons I don't know. One of our comrades was suspicious about your behavior and entered your room with caution and for that you killed him. Now you killed 3 more of my comrades.

It is clear I cannot fight you. You will annihilate me. But you cannot let me go or I will simply report your murder to the council. So I submit. Go ahead and kill me, like you have done to me companions."

(Initiatives:
Warforged A: 20
Warforged B: 18
Warforged C: 17
Warforged D: 9
Ioriston: 7 <--current)

(so I assume Girelda meets up with Sophia?)

The next few days go completely without incident. The weather is at first bright and cheery but after the first day of travel it becomes a tad gray and with each day after it becomes more and more gray until after 5 days of travel the clouds completely block the sun and day is barely brighter than night. It slowly begins to start raining, at first a light drizzle, more like a mist in the air and then finally a continual light rain with no signs of stopping.

After a week of travel total since the incident with the imp the Cherry Homers are continuing down the road when they come upon a grim sight. In the rain, on the side of the road they can see some individuals cloaked in green, with swords at their side. Two men and one women.

The woman is currently digging a hole in the ground, with a signpost at the back of it. A black, human sized parcel is next to the hole. The two men watch on the side. A small campfire is lit near the grave and an iron rod is halfway into the fire. All along the sides of the road beyond that, as far as Fife and Chistara can see are more graves. Some with symbols of Xil on wooden tombstones, a few with symbols of The Divine One, and fewer with symbols of The Queen of Death. Most of the posts have no holy symbol.

The two men have clearly noticed the two Cherry Homers, though they do not respond to them nor do they draw their swords.

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-01, 12:12 PM
Can you see him? Does he look like he'll be okay long enough for us to look farther ahead first and then come back to help him if nobody else has by then?

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-01, 12:15 PM
"It looks like he can't move. There doesn't seem to be anything down there except for him and he doesn't seem to be profusely bleeding. It is hard to tell from here though."

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-01, 12:23 PM
Let's move a bit closer for just a bit so you can get a better look. If you still think he'll be okay, let's continue on for now then. We can come back to help him if necessary later, though if we can avoid it, that would be better, so we don't tip our hands.

Valery
2014-12-01, 12:31 PM
Fife motions towards the graves and says, "I think we've arrived. Lets ask some else down the road for Greywatch. I'd rather not interrupt the burial."

sparky9042
2014-12-01, 05:16 PM
Ioriston shakes his head, then sighs somewhat grimly. "Very well then...if you insist."

Electricity, augmented to 3 pp.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-12-02, 07:50 AM
Jot (Girelda)

As soon as it is safe, which means the servant is out of the picture, Girelda approaches Sophia and greets her with a rather casual "Hey." You never know who is listening or watching. "What's up?"

Samah
2014-12-02, 10:46 AM
Aye...somethin' went on here fer sure. As much as I dislike interuptin' the rites o the dead mayhap we should ask if trouble is still about? Before we pass on? I'd sure hate ta be taken a'surprise."

Valery
2014-12-02, 12:54 PM
I just don't want our first greeting with Minka to be a sour one. You can ask you want though.

Octauianus
2014-12-02, 01:02 PM
Jot (Girelda)

As soon as it is safe, which means the servant is out of the picture, Girelda approaches Sophia and greets her with a rather casual "Hey." You never know who is listening or watching. "What's up?"

"I don't know why such a stranger such as yourself acts as if you know me," replied Sophia angrily as she slipped Girelda the note from her glove stating: [Being watched. Go check out Xiaolin Zhu by yourself if you can please]. She then adds, "I hope you know what do do, and, next time, introduce yourself to strangers".

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-02, 07:48 PM
(waiting on a decision)

Sophia (no sleight of hand) doesn't slip the sheet so discreetly so much as she just handed it to Girelda.

From the electricity the warforged suddenly spasms and then collapses to the ground. The room is extremely quiet afterwards.
------

Harnor moves a bit closer and then returns.
"He doesn't look like he's still bleeding and he's unconscious. I guess we'll keep moving."

The two Cherry Homers continue over the pit and further down the cavern/hall for a good bit traveling ever further downward. Until they round one more curve...

and come upon a large opening...

and die from falling rocks

and see a rather odd sight. On the wall opposite from the cavern is a series of doors, all made of steel. A 16 ft tall warforged marches back and forth by the doors, never straying more than 5 feet away from the doors. Interestingly enough, near the doors the cavern is lit by lanterns that flicker every moment or so, one of them is out. The wall does not look natural in the slightest. One door is a rather large 30x30 door in the center of the wall.

Carved above the doors are words in Subterranean, Harnor repeats them in Torma's mind as his eyes glance through them.

"Welcome home to Dkraten, the true city of dwarves. Where not even the arcane can ail you."

sparky9042
2014-12-02, 08:51 PM
Ioriston neglects to spend any time wistfully soul-searching, instead looking at the bodies of the warforged on the ground to find any interesting information as well as check their status.

Taking twenty on search and heal. Unless these guys had like, one hit point each, they shouldn't be dead since Warforged have a CON bonus and don't bleed out. Those numbers are 22 for the heal and 28 for the search.

Crisis...delayed. What are you two learning?

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-02, 09:16 PM
Despite Ioristons expectations, all the warforged save the last one to speak to him is indeed dead. Their possessions included their own spiked hands, a short sword each (5), and [roll0] silver pieces.

750 exp for Ioriston

(sadly you are incorrect about their stats sir)

Samah
2014-12-03, 08:09 AM
Chistara rubs a hand along the back her neck, shrugging. "Well, and if'n ye feel that strong about it I suppose we can press on. We'll just be on guard." As they pass by she nods at the men respectfully.

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-03, 09:46 AM
Can you see if there are any traps or magical tricks here? That inscription sounds like there's something that stops magic, or something?

I'm rolling this to see how strong the 16' warforged seems, relative to me (assess opponent use of sense motive from rule compendium):
DC 20: [roll0]

Also an active spot check to see if there's anything else less obvious and unusual: [roll1]

sparky9042
2014-12-03, 02:21 PM
"Where not even the arcane can ail you." This could refer perhaps to the natural ability to resist magic and psionic effect possessed by, for example, drow. There may be magical effects that are capable of granting some resistance to spells, perhaps in a similar manner. Also note the lack of reference to the divine or psionic, though I am not sure what to make of that.

Octauianus
2014-12-03, 04:02 PM
/Sophia (no sleight of hand) doesn't slip the sheet so discreetly so much as she just handed it to Girelda.

[/QUOTE]

Sophia gets up and heads back towards the waiting servant. As she passes by Girelda, she gives him/her a wink.

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-04, 12:25 AM
Chistara and Fife ride by. One of the men nods back at Chistara before turning to watch the woman dig once again. On the post the name "Serephina" is written.

The road continues on, the weather ever gloomier. Finally, Chistara and Fife arrive at a rather large fortress. A tall gray and brown stone wall forms the outer perimeter of the fort, preventing the two Cherry Homers from seeing anything inside save for a tower that looms well over the wall.

The top of the wall is crenellated and archers in green cloaks can be seen keeping watch from above. The road Chistara and Fife are on leads up to steel gate. Two guards, also in green cloaks, spot the two Cherry Homers. They eye the pair curiously, but don't say anything to the pair from a distance. Once Chistara and Fife approach within ~50ft one of the guards addresses the pair.

"Hail! Who are you? You're a long way from home."

(Windgale, you think 1v1 against that warforged would be a fair fight.)

"I can detect magic and stuff. Or summon something to see if it sets off anything."

Sophia finds the servant lounging around where she left him. He jumps up once he notices she returned.
"Alright! I hope Gilde's happy with your results so far! What's the plan now?"

Octauianus
2014-12-04, 02:26 AM
Sophia finds the servant lounging around where she left him. He jumps up once he notices she returned.
"Alright! I hope Gilde's happy with your results so far! What's the plan now?"

"I am going to relax for today, then, tomorrow or the next day I will go see Xiaolin Zhu" replied Sophia.

Valery
2014-12-04, 12:14 PM
"I'm, Fife McDougal and this is Chistara. We're from Cherry Home! Delivering a package for Greywatch."

Meanwhile, in Fife's brain:We made it!!! Surely my God shall notice my delivery skills and personally smite me now......who am I kidding, that's not going to happen.....'Oh, wonderful job Fife, for braving the half month long trip to a militaristic guild I shall honor your request to be utterly obliterated by me'. Sigh......I can dream.....

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-04, 04:55 PM
Summoning something would seem pretty counterproductive, given our goal of stealth... Can you detect magic, to see what might be going on in that area, and also give the place another careful look over for anything that seems odd or out of place? I can't see much that seems suspicious, besides just the general strangeness of this scene...

Samah
2014-12-05, 10:39 AM
Chistara nods in agreement with everything Fife says and tosses in a polite, "Well met," before she casts an approving eye at the fortifications.

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-07, 07:20 PM
Harnor casts another spell. He looks forward for 3 rounds before responding to Torma.

"Huh, there's an aura everywhere 5 feet out from the wall with doors. It's really strong but I can't tell the school... The torches on the wall are evocation.... so obviously everburning. I can't tell anything else. I don't know how much further we can go..."

(Waiting on Waldrick)

"No Cherry Home guild emblem? Why do you not have one? Do you have weapons on you?"

Samah
2014-12-07, 09:43 PM
"We're new recruits to tha Guild. Just signed on at this past Festival and left out tha morning after we arrived at tha Guild Hall. They hadnay the time ta make us armbands." She gestures at the GreatAxe strapped to her back. "I have my Axe and me spells and my friend here has his....spoons."

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-12-08, 06:09 AM
Jot (Girelda)

Girelda blinks as Sophia talks to her and gives her the written message. After reading it, she ponders, Xiaolin Zhu....who?, not sure what to do.

Is Xialin Zhu someone Jot (is supposed to) knows? Otherwise she'll try some gather information to find out who this is: [roll0]. However, before gathering info, she will take the guise of a normal, generic human incase I blow some kind of cover. Disguise: [roll1]

sparky9042
2014-12-08, 09:44 AM
Then return. I have a potential diplomatic crisis on my hands and require some assistance solving it, though my life is no longer in immediate danger.

Valery
2014-12-08, 05:06 PM
"We're new recruits to tha Guild. Just signed on at this past Festival and left out tha morning after we arrived at tha Guild Hall. They hadnay the time ta make us armbands." She gestures at the GreatAxe strapped to her back. "I have my Axe and me spells and my friend here has his....spoons."

"I have more than just spoons, thank you," he says to Chistara. Fife awkwardly turns toward the Minkan guards and somewhat boasts, "I also have a sickle and spells."

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-08, 09:33 PM
(Jot has never heard of Xiaolin Zhu.)
"Very well then. So back to Master Omi's house? or is there more you'd like to see?"
------
As Sophia makes talk with the servant (and does whatever) Girelda RANDOM COMMONER immediately sets out to find out who Xiaolin Zhu is.... and finds out who he is nearly instantly, also gathering some extra information. Xiaolin Zhu is one of the most "powerful" individuals in Qui (small town) and frequently butts heads with Omi Xiaolong. He is strict on not wasting time and prefers things straight to the point. Additionally, he was a former Gilde member before converting to the Chiite faith, which led him to eventually leave Gilde in favor of Qui.

An individual as important as Omi Xiaolong, Girelda RANDOM COMMONER finds his house also as large given the small village. A mansion painted in an odd combination of black and white. Three stories of windows can be made out. At the front of the house there are two individuals dressed in white gardening, a man and a woman, both with shaved heads. The entire front lawn of the house is an array of red, pink, and blue flowers, with a single stone walkway leading up to the building. Colorful would hardly describe the sight.

A bright crimson painted wooden sign is posted.
"For business, please knock, don't disturb those working if you have business with me."
The text is in lapis.

The two look interestingly at the two odd individuals before them before one of them just shrugs.
"Eh, it's good enough for me, not like they're gonna kill Greywatch or something."
He leans back and shouts through the steel gate.
"Cherry Homers! Brought Greywatch's absurdly important delivery!"

A slight pause occurs and then the gate begins to creak up slowly. Once fully lifted the same guard replies.
"Would you mind following me? I'll take you straight to Greywatch"
------(assuming yes)-------
The guard leads the two Cherry Homers into the wall. Inside is a dreary sight. The ground is lacking in roads and grass and instead is all muddy. Several ugly gray stone and equally ugly wooden buildings are around. From one building a thick black smoke comes and from another the smell of horses. The never ending light rain and cloudy skies make it seem as though everything is being seen through a graying filter. The man looks at the two Cherry Homers.

"Cherry Home's damn colorful this time of year I bet. Minka always looks like this, save for when it snows, the only time it will be nice. We sacrifice more than our lives for the mainland, most of our happiness too.... sorry, you don't care about none of that...

...Can't wait for the snow."

(Balance Fife: 9, Chistara: 17 ..... darn neither of you slipped in mud)
He leads the two Cherry Homers to the large tower that loomed over the fort before. Only a plain wooden door seems to be the entry for the tower. Opening it leads to a spiral staircase, lit by torches. The trio walks up four stories or so until they pause at a door. The man knocks.

"Cherry Homers sir."

A deep voice comes from inside.
"Send them in!"

The man opens the door, inside is a small "library" of sorts. A fireplace, desk, and bookcase are within the room. Inside is an large man , of hard gray skin, bald, and an eye color as stony gray as his skin. He is currently seated at the desk, but upon seeing the two Cherry Homers he stands, showing his rather large height (14ft).

"Cherry Homers! Where are your emblems? You must be new. Lets see.... I know you're Fife and... well that leaves you to be Chistara doesn't it? Nice to meet you both, now I only have to meet Torma, Ioriston, Qailee, Roman, Arrow, and Twitch. Brought my package have you? Surprised the half-wit pretty-boy didn't bring it with his fancy magic. HA! He's probably too scared from last time. Seriously. No emblems on you? Have yo no respect for your guild and Lady Snow? I would make you run laps until your feet bled!"

"What about the blind dwarf? Also, diplomatic crisis?"

sparky9042
2014-12-08, 10:47 PM
There is a small pile of dead and mostly-dead warforged at my feet that I mistook for assassins who were beginning to grow suspicious. As for the pale dwarf...bring him back with you when you return. Either we turn him into an ally or we use him as a prisoner. In any case he should be a useful source of information.

After a brief pause in the mental link, Ioriston finishes. I suppose killing multiple warforged and then kidnapping a government official isn't very Cherry Home of me to suggest but it's the best idea I have...

Valery
2014-12-08, 11:23 PM
"We left before they were finished, sir. I'm sure Harnor would've delivered the mysterious box himself, but he's prancing around dwarf country with Torma and Ioriston.

"Oh gods you're terrifying....I mean....you're just so tall and menacing....you're like I a small tree....were one of your parents perhaps trees? Why am I asking that question to myself, I'm just think it...."

Oblivious to all the utter nonsense that he just spud out of his mouth, Fife proceeded to ask another, this time conscious, question.

Would it be odd if I asked what's in the box? I mean, you don't have to answer it of course, I'm just curious and well," Fife's voice trailed off into babbling until all he could utter was one soft elongated word, "spooooooooonsssss....."

Octauianus
2014-12-10, 05:47 PM
(Jot has never heard of Xiaolin Zhu.)
"Very well then. So back to Master Omi's house? or is there more you'd like to see?"
------
As Sophia makes talk with the servant (and does whatever) Girelda RANDOM COMMONER immediately sets out to find out who Xiaolin Zhu is.... and finds out who he is nearly instantly, also gathering some extra information. Xiaolin Zhu is one of the most "powerful" individuals in Qui (small town) and frequently butts heads with Omi Xiaolong. He is strict on not wasting time and prefers things straight to the point. Additionally, he was a former Gilde member before converting to the Chiite faith, which led him to eventually leave Gilde in favor of Qui.

An individual as important as Omi Xiaolong, Girelda RANDOM COMMONER finds his house also as large given the small village. A mansion painted in an odd combination of black and white. Three stories of windows can be made out. At the front of the house there are two individuals dressed in white gardening, a man and a woman, both with shaved heads. The entire front lawn of the house is an array of red, pink, and blue flowers, with a single stone walkway leading up to the building. Colorful would hardly describe the sight.

A bright crimson painted wooden sign is posted.
"For business, please knock, don't disturb those working if you have business with me."
The text is in lapis.

"Sure, let us return. I would like to finish Omi's book" replied Sophia.

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-10, 08:31 PM
During Fife's entire rant Greywatch continues to stare him straight in the eyes. Once finished he asks rather calmly.
"Trees? You must be racist. Or maybe you just have me confused with Snow. I scare you that much boy? No. I am no tree. I am as human as you and your friend. Maybe even more so. The world is a strange place and you'll notice few of the guild leaders look anything but human..... I think Jannis is still pretty normal looking... I forget, or is it T'nul that's still normal looking? It's not important I guess.

As for your question. In that box is the last damn good thing that ever comes to this accursed guild. The only ray of light that appears yearly in this ****hole. If you'd like to hand me the box I'll gladly show you. What is in that box is so grand, that Xil himself is envious of me every time I receive one of these boxes."

(COMMONER JOT, see previous post also)
Sophia returns with the servant to Omi's house. As she enters the servant asks her.
"Is there anything you'd like me to do? or get you? If not I'll be in the dining room reading."

Samah
2014-12-11, 11:01 AM
At Fife's rambling Chistara gives him an sidelong look with raised brow before she turns her attention back to the formiddable Greywatch. Carefully, she retrieves the box from her bag and steps foreward, extending it towards the large man as she does so. " Must be grand, indeed. Here ye are, sir."

Valery
2014-12-11, 01:25 PM
"Sir, I'll have you know that I'm not racist....I am however terrified of people and things that are larger than me.....and smaller than me....and about my size.....I have problems...... At any rate, feel free to open the box."

Octauianus
2014-12-11, 10:16 PM
(COMMONER JOT, see previous post also)
Sophia returns with the servant to Omi's house. As she enters the servant asks her.
"Is there anything you'd like me to do? or get you? If not I'll be in the dining room reading."

"No nothing in particular at the moment" replied Sophia.

Caligstro Smith
2014-12-16, 07:06 PM
You WHAT!!? Ioriston, we're here as diplomatic agents, on a peaceful mission to an allied country. A country which is extremely closed off and apparently suspicious of outsiders. A country which is ideologically opposed to ours in several ways. A country that we've just discovered is paranoid enough to hide what is probably their REAL city underneath their bluff of an already underground city that only opens to outsiders once a week. I even said just this morning that we very well could be just fodder to the major guilds, having been manipulated into taking this mission so that we could be blamed ourselves if anything went wrong and made into low value scapegoats. And you killed a "small PILE!!?" of citizens when we are here on what was supposed to be a subtle information gathering mission?

The traitor guild was the other small and publicly ill-regarded one. Cherry Home could be easily made to look the same if need be. And we're small enough and relatively weak enough that it costs the majors and the rest of the country very little. And outside of Manla, the public doesn't like us enough to even cause a fuss over it! This isn't even just a threat to the three of us, now, it's a threat to everyone in Cherry Home! Even if that wasn't the PLAN, as an emergency or otherwise, it's certainly an obvious move for Xil as a country at this point, unless we can SOMEHOW fix it.

So NO. We are NOT kidnapping a councilor, much less the most senior one, on top of all that. We are going to go -subtly- save him, heal him while invisible and silenced, like GOOD PEOPLE who MEAN NO HARM. We will watch what he does immediately after that, and then we will come try to figure out if there is any possible way NOT to end up political and literal casualties of this mess.

Oko and Qailee
2014-12-17, 05:43 PM
(Aaaaaand we're back! Once again, it is holidays/finals so I'm not gonna pressure for posts, but it has been a week or something and that's a bit much. I have PC's I have to crush horribly with rocks lead on an epic adventure)

Greywatch eyes to two Cherry Homers curiously.
"Damn, really want to know whats in the box? Alright I'll show you. Come over here."

He walks back over to the desk with the box and waits for the two Cherry Homers to approach.
"Behold!"

He opens the box and a calming warmth comes over the three individuals in the room. A pleasant aroma fills the room as inside the box sits a very warm crispy Cherry Pie.

Greywatch stares at it, then back at the Cherry Homers, a rather stupid look of excitement on the face of a stone cold man as if in anticipation of praise.

Sophia returns to Omi's house and she walks in a younger looking version of Omi walks out. He nods to Sophia and the servant as he passes them with two servants in tow. Sophia's servant escorts her back to her room. (not sure if you are actually going to just read or that was a bluff, if it was the servant believed you anyway...)

"Ok... well I'll just wait out here then... or in the dining room."
---------------

Commoner Jot approached the house, the two servants gardening glance at him for only a moment but otherwise pay him no attention. A voice from inside replies almost instantly as he knocks.
"Come right in and do be quick. One left, one right should do the trick."

Jot opens the door and finds a foyer similar to Omi Xiaolong's, though completely empty. He looks about for a moment before passing through a door on the left. Interestingly it leads to another empty room with nothing but one more plain door on the right. He passes through this door as well.

Inside is a mess. Piles of papers and books litter the room making entering it next to impossible. A single oak desk can barely be made out in the center of the room as it too is blanketed in books.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/16/137861.jpg
"Quick, what do you want?"

(I'm NPCing in break points in case you want to interject anything)

"Oh man, oh man. Ok, yeah, Torma, this is bad but don't freak out or you're not going to think clearly. I only have a teleport left so I can't take the bodies to a cleric and back here in one day. Can you hide the bodies for the time being? We'll fix this somehow, shoot ideas if you have any. I have a sending left.... um, mostly disabling spells...

C'mon Torma the three of us will telepath as we head to the pale dwarf."

The two invisible Cherry Homers make it back to the bridge easily, the pale dwarf is still where they left him.

"Got any healing?"
--------------------------
Currently nothing is stirring at Ioriston's location.
(Roll Listen)

Valery
2014-12-17, 06:19 PM
Dumbfounded, Fife slaps himself in the face and sighs. He finds the nearest chair, pulls it up to the table where the box sits, and cradles his head in his hands saying, "I almost died a few times for pie....of course I did...."

He looks down at the pie once more and asks, "What is the payment for delivering one of these? Just curious since we've only brought you one pie? I mean, is this thing extra special? Not to be rude, but Chistara almost got eaten by some huge boar creature for this...."

Octauianus
2014-12-18, 05:23 AM
(Aaaaaand we're back! Once again, it is holidays/finals so I'm not gonna pressure for posts, but it has been a week or something and that's a bit much. I have PC's I have to crush horribly with rocks lead on an epic adventure)

Sophia returns to Omi's house and she walks in a younger looking version of Omi walks out. He nods to Sophia and the servant as he passes them with two servants in tow. Sophia's servant escorts her back to her room. (not sure if you are actually going to just read or that was a bluff, if it was the servant believed you anyway...)

"Ok... well I'll just wait out here then... or in the dining room."
---------------

Commoner Jot approached the house, the two servants gardening glance at him for only a moment but otherwise pay him no attention. A voice from inside replies almost instantly as he knocks.
"Come right in and do be quick. One left, one right should do the trick."

Jot opens the door and finds a foyer similar to Omi Xiaolong's, though completely empty. He looks about for a moment before passing through a door on the left. Interestingly it leads to another empty room with nothing but one more plain door on the right. He passes through this door as well.

Inside is a mess. Piles of papers and books litter the room making entering it next to impossible. A single oak desk can barely be made out in the center of the room as it too is blanketed in books.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/16/137861.jpg
"Quick, what do you want?"

(I'm NPCing in break points in case you want to interject anything)

Sophia actually reads while her thoughts wander, musing on Girelda and how (s)he fairs with the task.