PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXLV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

McBish
2007-02-18, 04:46 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif
Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Kobold Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace!

Flabbicus
2007-02-18, 04:47 PM
(( Trog's Tavern CXLV- 155. ))

(( Simu-edit... ))

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 04:48 PM
Floyd walks over to the guy on the floor, bleeding.

"Hey, this kid ain't moving." He says, kicking him to see if he'll react.

McBish
2007-02-18, 04:48 PM
((Yeah, I just didn't remember what it was at the moment.))

Eric lies in a small pool of his own blood. He groans at the kick.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 04:51 PM
(( new thread hu just as the old one?)) Valic stands and leaves the tavern

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:51 PM
Kio sips her drink It's a mystery, I suppose.

She sees Eric Excuse me a moment and walks over to him, casting CCW.

McBish
2007-02-18, 04:53 PM
The wounds do not close when you cast the spell.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 04:55 PM
Jormungandr looks on with a slight frown, his snake-like eyes narrowing as he views the boy.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:55 PM
Kio frowns and studies the wounds a bit closer

McBish
2007-02-18, 04:56 PM
There are many cuts most shallow but several deeper ones. They have been stiched up and banaged at some point but apparently he has torn them open at some point.

Saurous
2007-02-18, 04:56 PM
A pair of wolves stalk silently into Trog's, looking around at the patrons. They walk over to a table, and change shape. They change into greenish monsters, a mix of goblins and wolves. Barghests. They somehow manage to sit at the table.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:00 PM
Kio sighs and stands up If magic fails I'm a bit out of options... and this place is getting awfully crowded I think. she looks around

Wukei
2007-02-18, 05:01 PM
Jormungandr stands and pays the tab, feeling similar to Kio. Quite busy...usually gets this way around this time...

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:05 PM
Kio thinks I don't like just leaving this guy to bleed to death. Perhaps we should carry him to the temple, let the priests there take care of him. Then we can find somewhere more peaceful.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 05:06 PM
"Well, the kid is obviously unhealable. Might as well usher him into the next plane!" Floyd says, and begins playing Goodbye Cruel World on his guitar. If he finishes the song, it will probably kill poor Eric.

((Floyd's an idiot))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:07 PM
Kio frowns and casts Silence on Floyd

Wukei
2007-02-18, 05:07 PM
Jormungandr steps over and picks up the kid. It seems the idiots have already arrived...you're right, it's time to take him elsewhere.

McBish
2007-02-18, 05:08 PM
Eric moans a bit as you pick him up.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 05:09 PM
Floyd frowns as he realizes his music has ceased to be. He plays Don't Stop the Rock instead, dispelling the Silence. "Okay, whoever did that, totally uncool."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:10 PM
Kio nods and walks towards the mirror, ignoring Floyd

Saurous
2007-02-18, 05:11 PM
One of the Barghests, the smaller of the two, sniffs at the air.

{Worg}He spent quite a bit of time here. I can't seem to find where he went, but he spent a long time here.

The other frowns.

Well, that is not going to help us. We have to find where he is, not where he has been.

I know, but if we know his behavioral patterns, we may be able to catch him.

Anyone that can understand what these two are saying can easily find which is smarter of the two.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 05:11 PM
Jo follows Kio, still holding Eric.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:14 PM
Kio grabs her drink on the way to the mirror, downs it and puts it on the bar before stepping through the mirror to Inari's.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 05:17 PM
Floyd sighs, and insteads opts to play some impromptu songs about the patrons of the fine bar.

"Hey look at those green things
That's pretty sick
I can't understand what they're saying
That's a cool trick."

Floyd is better when he's not making songs up off the top of his head.

Saurous
2007-02-18, 05:20 PM
The Barghests ignore Floyd. The smaller Barghest shifts into his wolf form. He walks toward the door. The other eyes him oddly.

{Worg} What are you doing now?

I think I've found his scent again. Come on.

The small barghest tears out the door. The other follows, shifting into his wolf form.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 05:59 PM
"It's really quiet
In this bar
Wonder if everyone
Died from SARS."

Timberwolf
2007-02-18, 06:03 PM
Black tentacles emerge from the floor and attack Floyd for saying the "q" word.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:06 PM
Hieln enters the bar with a smile on his face, his left arm wrapped in a bandage. Carrying the spear with his other hand, he pauses and notes the tentacles with anger. "Lord in heaven..."

Timberwolf
2007-02-18, 06:08 PM
the tentacles notice Hieln and some of them arrange themselves in a way that is clearly saying "Up yours"

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:10 PM
Hieln, not understanding the phrase, only understands that the tentacles seem to be viewing him with disrespect. Lifting the longspear over his shoulder, he flings it at the nearest one.

Timberwolf
2007-02-18, 06:12 PM
The spear hits the tentacle that is forming the middle finger. The tentacle sculpture dissassembles it and goes for his ankles.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 06:13 PM
((Oh shi, I didn't even realize I said that))

Floyd yelps in fright, jumping over the bar as the tentacles try to attack him.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:14 PM
Hieln quickly leaps over a few and grabs the spear, then charges to the back wall. Turning, he begins swinging the spear, a good ten to twelve foot long pointy stick, at the tentacles.

Timberwolf
2007-02-18, 06:16 PM
The tentacles regroup on the side of the bar, form themselves into another sculpture which is calling Hieln something else entirely and disappear.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:18 PM
Hieln shouts back a few choice words himself, then sits at the bar, still carrying the spear to his side. Mistaking Floyd for the bartender, he addresses him. "Rum."

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 06:24 PM
Floyd stands up after seeing the tentacles are gone and mistakes Hieln's word for "Run."

"...To the hills?" He asks.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:40 PM
"Rum to the hills. Well, that's an intelligent reply." He leans over the bar and glares. "Boy...I want rum."

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 06:46 PM
"And I want hot chicks, but you don't see me demancing it out of complete strangers, do ya?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:50 PM
Mikhail enters, holding his head in one of his manacled hands. He sits at a table, not really noticing whether it's empty or not, and not really caring.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 06:57 PM
He growls and his eyes narrow. "Really? Well, I demand what I damn like from strangers when they're bartenders!"

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 07:00 PM
"Whos' a bartender here?!"

Kyral
2007-02-18, 07:02 PM
He rolls his eyes. "Who d'ya think, boy?"

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 07:02 PM
"Well, if it ain't me, then that only leaves one possibility, don't it?"

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:03 PM
Stop yelling, Mikhail growls, his voice sounding almost like two voices, the second deeper and more intimidating.

(Nvrmore, he's used "power word stun" against you [though he personally doesn't know it])

Kyral
2007-02-18, 07:05 PM
"Problem is, it is you. That or you're brilliant enough to stand behind a bar looking like a bartender and not expect to mix drinks every once in a while."

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 07:11 PM
Floyd. is power word stunn'd for one turn. He sits there looking stupid.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 07:12 PM
Hieln watches him with a look on his face clearly suggesting exactly how brilliant he thinks Floyd is, then vaults the bar and goes off to find some rum.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:14 PM
Mikhail, now happy with the environment, rests his head on the table.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 07:22 PM
Hieln comes back, whistling. He vaults the bar again, carrying a bottle of dark rum, and pours himself a glass. "Rum. Nothing like it."

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:45 PM
Mikhail's eyes glow, and two darkly glowing horns appear on his head. He stands as if summoned from a dream and walks to and through the mirror to Inari's.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:06 PM
Floyd helps himself to a bottle sitting behind the counter, seeing as no one is here to object to it.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:15 PM
Hieln raises an eyebrow. "Boy, you planning to pay for that?"

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 08:18 PM
Firolon comes down the stairs and sits down at the bar.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:20 PM
"Bartenders don't need to pay." Floyd says in between gulps.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:22 PM
"Huh. Might want to toss a few coins out of your tip into the profit, then." He takes a long swig of the rum and glances at Firolon.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:23 PM
Mikhail returns, smiling (though the smile doesn't seem to match his posture nor the rest of his face.) He sits back at his table, hugging his bottle of spiced rum.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 08:23 PM
Firolon gets an ale from Cosmo and sips at it, nodding to the others in the bar.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:30 PM
Hieln takes another swig of the rum, then places it on the bar and sighs deeply. He nods at Firolon, then looks out the window.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:32 PM
"Hmm...nah." Floyd finishes off the bottle and tosses it behind him with a crack.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 08:35 PM
Firolon gives Floyd an irritated glance before turning back to his ale.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:35 PM
Hieln watches Floyd's actions with disdain. "Boy, you're not cut out to be a bartender."

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:36 PM
Mikhail mumbles something like Just because I'm a demon... and without finishing the sentence he throws his bottle as hard as he can against the wall opposite him before his head thumps to his table and he wraps his arms around it loosely.

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:37 PM
"Yeah...well...you're notsh cut outsh to be a...idiot." Floyd says, feeling tipsy.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 08:38 PM
a cat with dull bronze fur walks in to the bar then leaps on to a vacant table and watches the tavern goers.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 08:38 PM
Firolon moves to the back and starts meditating.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 08:41 PM
A gnome followed by a chicken walks into the bar. she sits at the bar and asks for a hot chocolate, looking askance at the obviously drunken denizens of the inn.
the Chicken goes up to the cat. Strange thing to find in a bar, a cat.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:42 PM
"God, I'm offended." He looks at the unconcsious form of Mikhail and sighs, then glances at the cat and turns back to Floyd. "And it's pretty obvious that you can't hold your share of liquor."

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 08:44 PM
The words Shoo chicken seem to bypass the ears of the tavern goers and pop into every ones head

Fenric
2007-02-18, 08:45 PM
Kazuki charges in through the mirror

You... you... What makes you think I didn't want to help? What makes you so high and mighty! I fetched Karl so he could stop Renrik. I resurrected you when he failed. But it's so easy to blame everything on me, isn't it? Mister "I turned Lykan into a baby because my daddy said so".

Go ahead, join the "Kazuki is a wuss" club. Much enjoyment may it bring you!

Kazuki runs out through the door (quite literally, as Fenric's banishment is still in force so he remains incorporeal) and into the night.

(( dinnertime... back later ))

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:46 PM
"Hey! Back insh my army daysh...They called me Iron Gutsh Floyd...cush of how well I held my alcoholsh." Floyd protests, ignoring the fact that he was never in the army.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:48 PM
Mikhail sits up long enough to listen to Kazuki's speech and then throws the ashtray at his table at the door as he disappears. I don't betray lovers! he yells after the fox. He then lets his head thump back onto the table.

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:50 PM
"Army days. Amazing. You're what, sixteen? Seventeen, at most. I don't even think they let those like you join the army."

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 08:54 PM
((Early twenties, actually.))

"What do you know? I cansh tellsh your shome short of foreigner...You immigrant...shtealing all our good jobsh!"

Kyral
2007-02-18, 08:59 PM
"Actually, I'm providing jobs for the Town."

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 09:02 PM
the cat glares at Floyd (when the cat/Calith speaks (in italics) the words appear in the persons head (sorta like death in the diskworld series))

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 09:41 PM
after studying the cat for a while, Jann gives it's ear an experimental peck.
hmm. interesting flavor. predatory, but tastes of... copper?

Nevrmore
2007-02-18, 09:42 PM
"Yeah, providing jobsh by....shtealingsh them!"

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 09:43 PM
no! shoo! go away! and swats at the bird irritated

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 09:51 PM
no, I was mistaken. it's bronze. so, unidentified cat. I repeat my question. what are you doing in this... town?

Kylsa laughs. Leave it alone, Jann. It obviously doesn't want to be bothered. she turns to the person ranting at the drunkard. you said jobs? only I'm looking for a bit of rent money.

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 09:58 PM
The door to the tavern opens, and a man steps in. He looks around, zipping the leather jacket he's wearing up just a bit more. Finally he walks across the tavern and takes a seat at the bar.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:01 PM
Kylsa turns her head to look at him while Jann continues to pester the cat.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 10:01 PM
Firolon continues his meditation, entirely unaware that somewhere in town there is a god who would really love to kill him.
Repeatedly.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:02 PM
Mikhail looks up to mumble, Rum. He then lowers his head back to the table and starts banging it into the table several times.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:04 PM
Living, are you happy Bird!

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 10:04 PM
The man looks up at Mikhail's banging. When he catches sight of him, his hands begin to look red and smoke begins emitting from them.

"Aw crap...again?"

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:05 PM
*Crystal walks into the tavern, looking around at all the people inside. She starts to dust everything in sight. Starting with the furniture first. She dusts the chair, and the bar..and..this goes on for a while until she is satisfied with everything being clean. Then Crystal started to dust the people inside with the feather duster. The girl then takes a seat rubbing at the bracers around her arms*

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:06 PM
As soon as the duster touches him Mikhail reaches up and grabs it, attempting to yank it from the girl's hand.

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 10:07 PM
As the man watches this, fire starts to form on his hands. "Why, why again? I'm not doing this!"

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 10:08 PM
Firolon blinks as he finally realizes he got dusted, about five minutes after he did. He looks around bemusedly.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:09 PM
The cat curls up on his table.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 10:11 PM
The door to the tavern open and a little girl enters. Immediately the scent of lilacs fills the air. She giggles to herself and walks to the bar. As she walks pink flower petals appear around her and rain down gently, carpeting the floor as she walks. Hi everyone!

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:12 PM
Jann is not satisfied. hmm. try pausing when you speak, like this. He cackles as he jumps out of the way of an onrushing paw. He seems to have found a new sport.
Kylsa, however, gets stern. Jann, if you don't stop pestering that cat right now, you can expect to wake up in the soup pot tomorrow.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:13 PM
Or roasted the cat teases

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:13 PM
*Crystal tugs the duster trying to get it back from Mikhail*If you wanted to use my feather duster, you could just ask me. I can understand why. This is the dustiest place I ever seen*she waves her dragon tail, seeming rather amused at the grabbing of her feather duster*

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:15 PM
He looks up at her, his eyes red from crying. I do not want a woman touching me. Not with her hands, and not with her toys! He shoves her duster back into her hands, shoving her away.

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 10:15 PM
The man stumbles out the door, fire completely consuming his hands.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:17 PM
Jann ignores the threats, fluffing himself up before looking at the dusting lady. what kind of feathers does that duster use?

cosmo
2007-02-18, 10:18 PM
Cosmo pops into existence behind the bar and frowns. He starts cleaning and grumbling.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 10:18 PM
Firolon goes back to meditating.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 10:21 PM
The girl looks around the room with delight. She struggles to decide who is more fun to watch. Finally she heads to the bar. She looks up at Cosmo. Hey mister! that was cool! do it again! Pleeeeeeeease? The flower petals continue to rain down around her.

cosmo
2007-02-18, 10:24 PM
Cosmo looks at her, You going to order a drink? Bobby needs pants, it's cold outside. He wipes a glass clean as he waits for her answer.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:24 PM
jann removes his attention from everything else and flies over to the girl (spilling several drinks in the process) what's with the flowers?

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:26 PM
the cat moves to what he thinks is a safer table, Mikhai's table, and curls up there.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:27 PM
*She looks at Mikhail*Sorry sir, I was just making sure the evil dust mites didn't get you that is all. I will not touch you again if that is what you want. But you will have to fear the dust mites!*Crystal smiles over at Jann*They are ostrich feathers, the best kind to use for dusting

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:29 PM
He scowls. I am evil. Your dustmites are little tiny bugs that don't even attack living flesh. Get your story straight and make sure you don't touch people that don't want to be touched, or you might find yourself without limbs to touch them.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 10:29 PM
The squeals with delight at the sight of Jann. Birdy! She looks back at Cosmo. Look! A birdy! The flowers falling around her start to swirl slowly in the air around her.

cosmo
2007-02-18, 10:31 PM
Cosmo eyes the flower petals and gets a broom and dustpan. He grumbles about idiots leaving trash everywhere.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:34 PM
Jann is disgruntled. I am not a 'birdy'. I am a chicken - a noble race of fowl that has served the intelligent races for all time.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:35 PM
*she starts cleaning up the flowers too, Then looks over at Mik*My father wouldn't let you hurt me! You will be sorry. The reason your evil is probably because the dust mites got you!

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:37 PM
He laughs sourly. Woman, I am evil because I'm a demon.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:38 PM
Kylsa sighs and walks over to where Cosmo is sweeping. I heard that you are hiring part-time bartenders? If I may, can I help you with that?

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:38 PM
Birdy Birdy Birdy the cat taunts finding something that upsets the foul

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 10:40 PM
The girl giggles. The sound of her laughter seems to make the air sweet. You're a funny birdy! Oh! You should meet Panda! He talks just like you do!

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:40 PM
oh, trying to get my attention now, are we, cat? weakened your harsh exterior?he turns back to the girl. are you sure you are sane, little girl?

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:42 PM
*She looks over at Mik* What is a demon?*glanced at Jenn blinking, she didn't notice that she was a chicken before, probably because Crystal has a few marbles missing*Oh! This feathers weren't plucked off the bird. At least that is what daddy said

cosmo
2007-02-18, 10:43 PM
Cosmo finishes cleaning flower petals and goes back behind the counter to wipe mugs and wait for someone to actually order something.

He looks at the girl talking to him, talk to El Jaspero, he's the manager.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 10:44 PM
Mikhail, tired of females harrassing him, stands and walks out of the tavern.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 10:47 PM
Kylsa nods when she hears Cosmo's response. So i've heard. Well. time for bed. Come on Jann. no more goofing around. you can talk to your cat and girl friends tomorrow. with that, she tosses some coin to cosmo and leaves the tavern, dragging a protesting Jann behind her.
((and i'm off.))

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:48 PM
*frowns as Mik leaves and goes back to dusting*

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 10:51 PM
The girl just about shakes with barely contained excitement. PANDA! I NEED YOU! Her voice echoes throughout the room. A second later the door opens and a panda lumbers in slowly. It has a huge pink bow tied around its neck and has a blank look on its face. I came as fast as I could. The panda's lips don't move when it talks but it doesn't use any telepathy either. What do you need? I found a birdy! She fails to notice that Jann is gone.

cosmo
2007-02-18, 10:54 PM
Cosmo quickly swipes up the coins and goes to the other side of the bar away from the girl. He wipes an imaginary spot of dirt from the bar.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 10:54 PM
*She goes over to dust the panda as it comes in, not paying attention to what the demon had said before. Most likely the insane dusting Crystal will get in trouble sooner or later it seems. And she was doing nothing more than dusting*

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 10:55 PM
The cat disapointed that Mikhail left falls asleep.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 11:01 PM
The Panda looks at the girl with the same expressionless face but seems to convey a sense of slight annoyance. Of course. Was it a nice "birdy?" The panda looks at crystal with the same face but this time gives a feeling of confused curiosity. Can I help you?

puss in boots
2007-02-18, 11:06 PM
Kerra apears in a puff of black smoke. The smoke swirls around, then forms a chair wich she sits in. She pets a black cat on her lap and looks around her. The cat yawns and says, Get me a milk, Kerra. I am quite thirsty. Kerra smiles and orders her one.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 11:10 PM
The girl sees Kerra appear and, with a happy laugh, runs to her.Sister! Panda watches her go. *sigh* Another sibling.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 11:11 PM
*She looks at the Panda* Not unless your good at dusting, there is a lot of work to do around here *dusts Kerra as she appears*

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 11:12 PM
Kal enters the tavern and takes a seat at the bar. "Beer."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-18, 11:13 PM
Chaotic Bob snaps awake and notes the lack of Eric.
Looks like someone finally got him...'bout time.
He yawns and walks behind the bar, giving the Twins a good wake up kick.
That's not very nice...
Blargy...
That's what you get for drinking so much morons.
He sighs and shakes his head, pulling out his scrying bowl again.

puss in boots
2007-02-18, 11:16 PM
Kerra looks at Shafilliafawny and says, Hi sis! How are you? Look! I got a cat! Her names, Shadow. Can she pet you? Shadow looks at Shafilliafawny, Hello mistrrrrress. You may pet me if you wish. Any freind... Or in this case sister... Of Kerra is a freind (or sister) of mine. She looks at kerra with intelligent yellow eyes. You didn't tell ME you had a sister. Kerra just smiled.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 11:18 PM
Panda looks at crystal. Suddenly his eyes narrow(the first change in his expression so far) and he bares his teeth. Stay away from the girl. His face returns to normal and he heads over to where Shafilliafawny and Kerra are. Shafilliafawny smiles and pets Shadow. Kitty.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 11:18 PM
*Crystal just keeps dusting everyone who comes in the room*

cosmo
2007-02-18, 11:21 PM
Cosmo takes some milk over to Kerra, and a beer to Kal.

puss in boots
2007-02-18, 11:28 PM
Shadow notices the panda coming towrds them and hisses. Kerra looks worried, Shadow! Don't. I know you are thinking about me and I am touched but DON'T TOUCH THE PANDA. Shadow looks at Kerra then at the panda then at kerra again. Theres a big juicy steak in it. Shadow lies back down but doesn't take her eyes away from the panda. Kerra smiles and Shadow says to Shafillifawny, What is that thing? Kerra shoots a warning glance at Shadow and Shadow decides to shut up for a bit.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 11:30 PM
*Crystal rubs her bracers and hears a voice in her mind*yes master...*she said softly*

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 11:32 PM
Kal begins drinking.

The door is slammed open and a figure walks in. Where his head would be, there rests a fiery skull. His bony hands are on fire and he clenches them into fists as he searches the room, scanning each person to see if any are evil.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-18, 11:34 PM
Chaotic Bob flicks through various locales in his bowl, stopping on one with a look of interest.
So she finally remembered about them did she...

The Twins groan and hold their heads, suffering from rather severe hangovers. Terre gets up and immediately trips over Tirre.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 11:36 PM
Shafilliafawny smiles at Shadow. That's Panda! He's my dad! Panda sits down and looks Kerra over. His face remains expressionless. I am Panda. I am the girl's guardian. He looks at Shadow. You are free to do what you want to me, but if either of you harm a single hair on her head... Suddenly the air around Panda is filled with an immense feeling of murderous intent. I will kill you without hesitation. The air returns to normal. Panda! Don't yell at Sister or little sister! Of course.

cosmo
2007-02-18, 11:39 PM
Cosmo winks out of existence.

ValKey
2007-02-18, 11:42 PM
*Crystal heads out of the bar and back home*

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 11:44 PM
The fiery skull headed man continues to scan the other patrons, hoping they will let his player know what alignment they are.

Kal finishes his beer and wonders when he'll next see Fydan.

puss in boots
2007-02-18, 11:44 PM
Kerra smiles I promise I won't hurt her and neither will Shadow. Very sorry that Shadow hissed at you. Shadow sticks her tounge out at Panda and then turns to Shafilliafawny. I like you. You are cool. Can you do this? Shadow grows bigger and bigger untill she can no longer sit on Kerra's lap. She leaps down and slowly turns into a leoperd the size of Panda. Kerra says, Don't show off. Shadow shrinks back to normal size and grumbles somthing in cat.

McBish
2007-02-18, 11:45 PM
Eric comes inside and sits at the bar. It looks like it hurts him to move.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-18, 11:50 PM
(Kyrian: Shafilliafawny shows a CG and Panda is LG)

Shafilliafawny claps her hands as Shadow grows to enormous size and shrinks again. I can't do that. I'm not allowed to get bigger. That's what Panda said. Panda looks at Kerra. Forever trapped in the innocence of childhood. Do not let her down. With that Panda gets up and heads out the door. Bye Panda!

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-18, 11:55 PM
(Chaotic Bob is CN)

He notices Eric walk in.
Feeling better I trust?

puss in boots
2007-02-18, 11:55 PM
Kerra says bye to Panda then looks at the exit. A mouse is standing there. Kerra places Shadow on the ground and races out. Shadow looks at Shafilliafawny. So.... Have a backstory?

Kyrian
2007-02-18, 11:57 PM
((puss, what alignment is Shadow?))

The man continues to look around.

Kal begins to think he won't see Fydan.

McBish
2007-02-18, 11:57 PM
Well that would require me to remember how I felt before. It is all sort of fuzzy.

Rebonack
2007-02-18, 11:59 PM
Regiji is sitting at the bar asleep, despite the fact that time informs him that he's currently in a plot elsewhere. He tells time to stuff it.

As the skull headed man plays over Regiji he gets a very odd response.

404 Error: Alignment not found.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-18, 11:59 PM
Well, I would put my money on 'crap', personally. That's what you looked like anyway...

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 12:01 AM
Shafilliafawny smiles. Panda brought me here because the other town ran out of time. For a brief moment she looks sad. They run out of time a lot. So we came here! This town has lots of time! She smiles and pets Shadow. Does this place have a playground yet? If it doesn't I can make one!

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:02 AM
Well in that case no. I don't feel better still feel like crap.

Obsidian Blade
2007-02-19, 12:03 AM
((Fydan is currently over at the OmniShop. She might not come over for a while.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear that, Eric.
He then thinks for a moment.
Who's Eve?

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 12:09 AM
Kal looks over at the little girl. "For the love of Iames, shut up!"

The man, tired of waiting to hear from puss in boots, points a fiery hand at Eric. "Guilty."

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:11 AM
Eric looks up in suprise at the name Eve then looks at burning man. and points. On fire.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 12:12 AM
The man growls and pulls the chain out, and swings it at Eric. It becomes engulfed in flames partway through the swing.

puss in boots
2007-02-19, 12:13 AM
Shadow laughed I don't know of any playgrounds, But then again I don't really go exploring.One more thing... What do you mean 'ran out of time'?

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:15 AM
Eric raises an arm to block the chain but is knocked off his stool. His arm also starts on fire and several stiches break open. What the heck do you think your doing?!

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 12:17 AM
A man clad in an expensive suit and a one hundred dollar hair-cut walks into the tavern and brandishes his briefcase at the flaming skulled, chain wielding man.

"Sir, you are in violation of Marvel Comics' intellectual property rights. You are hereby ordered to cease and desist all infringement immediately."

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 12:18 AM
Shafilliafawny tilts her head. You know, they stopped being there. Panda said it was because... She trails off at the sight of the burning skull dude. Oooo! He's a fire-man!

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-19, 12:19 AM
Gaheris walked in the door and moved to sit down at the bar. "Archon ale," he said to Cosmo, and tossed the gnome a golden lion.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 12:19 AM
Chaotic Bob quickly stands up, pulling out and nocks an arrow in his bow, aiming at the man.
Yes, pray tell, what are you doing?

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 12:20 AM
Kal looks again at Shafilliafawny. "Shut up!"

The man looks at the one with the briefcase, and pulls out one of his pistols. He aims at the man's head and fires.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-19, 12:20 AM
Destro fades into existence. He tells continuity it can get stuffed and orders a drink. Hello everyone.

puss in boots
2007-02-19, 12:22 AM
(Shadow TN, Kerra NG)

Shadow looks thoughtfull. She grins evily then hides it. I HATE the color red. It is so bright!

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:23 AM
Eric puts out the fire on his arm.

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 12:24 AM
Regiji groggily waves at Destro from the bar.

The bullet impacts the lawyer, but it doesn't seem to faze him. Like any joke he has damage reduction: A-whole-bunch/gags. He pulls a large rubber stamp from his case. On the bottom are the words 'Void'.

"Sir, don't make me use this."

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 12:26 AM
The man watches him.

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:29 AM
Eric tries to get up but seems to lack the strength.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 12:30 AM
Chaotic Bob quickly moves over to Eric, still aiming at the man.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-19, 12:32 AM
Seem to have walked into a barfight here. Destro shrugs and drops onto a barstool.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 12:32 AM
Shafilliafawny looks at Kal. I... uh... uuuuuuu Her bottom lip starts to quiver. Tears start to run down her cheek. The flower petals in the air around her suddenly drop to the ground and wither. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Shafilliafawny drops to the floor and bawls.

puss in boots
2007-02-19, 12:36 AM
Shadow walks over to Kal. Leave her alone you idiot! Are you okay Shaffilliafawny?Kerra comforts her and buys her a chocolate milk.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 12:40 AM
Shafilliafawny manages to stop crying and sips the chocolate milk. The air around her remains grey. She looks at Kal. You're mean. If my older brother was here he would hurt you!

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-19, 12:42 AM
Something connects in Destro's head. Wait. Girl.. flower petals.. chocolate... CRAP! He leaps out of his seat and strides over to where Shilliafawny is. Hi again. He turns into a trout and blows some bubbles.

Rebonack
The lawyer, powerless because no one is running with the gag, bursts in a cloud of sulfurous yellow smoke.

Kyrian
Kal looks at Shadow, then back at Shafilliafawny. "Both of you can go shock yourselves. Or each other, doesn't really matter to me."

The fiery-headed man sits at the bar and slowly turns back into the man that came through earlier. "Damnit, it happened again. Water."

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:44 AM
Eric considers the possiblity of passing out here. But then figures hot head would kill him so he resist that urge.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 12:46 AM
The mood around Shafilliafawny instantly lifts and the petals start falling again. Big Brother! She laughs as Destro turns into a trout.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-19, 12:54 AM
So, how are you doing? Destro the trout swims a few lazy circles and a loop. No problems, hopefully.

McBish
2007-02-19, 12:54 AM
Eric turns to Flame head. Hey. Want to explain why you hit me with a flaming chain?

puss in boots
2007-02-19, 12:58 AM
Shadow says Wait... you have a brrrrrotherrrrr too?

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 12:58 AM
He looks up. "I did what? *sigh*"

McBish
2007-02-19, 01:01 AM
Yeah you did. He grimaces as he stands up. He leans up against the bar.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:05 AM
"It's my curse. I wasn't under my own control. I though I had control over it, but apparently my control is slipping."

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 01:06 AM
Shafilliafawny smiles at Destro. That man made me cry! She points at Kal. But it's ok because you're here brother! She looks at Shadow. Yeah, he's my big brother, and you're my little sister.

McBish
2007-02-19, 01:08 AM
Oh you don't have control huh? Oh then it is fine I don't mind being hit with a flaming chain since you weren't in control. And in case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic.

Destro_Yersul
Ah. What would you like me to do? I will, of course, do what I can. The Destro trout blows a few more bubbles.

puss in boots
Shadow says Cool. I now have a brother as well! SHadow shrinks into a kitten and jumps on the trouts back. Hi brother. Whats YOUR name?

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:09 AM
"Whatever." The man sighs and looks at the menu. "Damn, two more years before I can technically order that beer."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 01:10 AM
Chaotic Bob frowns and puts away his bow.

McBish
2007-02-19, 01:10 AM
Whatever? Jerk. Eric doubles over obviously in pain. He grimaces and throws some gold on the counter to get a room for the night. He heads upstairs limping.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:12 AM
"Once again, whatever." The man keeps reading the menu, "Not like I knew the devil was going to do this to me..."

puss in boots
2007-02-19, 01:14 AM
Shadow looks at the trouts back and fights the urge to eat him.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-19, 01:19 AM
((Ack! Sorry))
I'm Destro. The Destro trout blows a stream of bubbles. The bubbles all turn into smaller trout which blow smaller bubbles. This causes a cascade effect that only ends when the trout get too small to exist.

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 01:21 AM
Verdandi steps into Trog's, her face, sword, and armor dark. She goes and sits at a table in the back.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:22 AM
Both Kal and the new guy vanish/leave at different times, because I'm tired.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 01:22 AM
Chaotic Bob raises an eyebrow and returns to his table, noting Verdandi.

The dvati both finally stand up and swagger over to Chaotic Bob's table, before falling over again right next to him. He sighs and chooses to ignore them for now.

Shafilliafawny
2007-02-19, 01:23 AM
Shafilliafawny watches the cascade of ever shrinking trout and bubbles. Slowly but surely her eyes close. Slays down and falls asleep. goodnight....brother... A cloud of petals surrounds her and when they clear she is gone.

Nevrmore
2007-02-19, 01:27 AM
Floyd re-enters the tavern, the last wisps of alcohol in his body being rapidly forced out by a combination of breath, sweat and, disturbingly enough, urine. He walks to the bar, yawning.

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 01:28 AM
The probe pops out of Regiji's pack, who is currently asleep at the bar.

It bounces through the air toward Verdandi like the avatar of sugar-filled children.

"You look sad!" it gasps as it bobs about her head. "You should be happy! Want me to sing my happy song for you?"

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 01:30 AM
Verdandi's hand flicks out to snatch the probe.

Goblin Music
2007-02-19, 07:58 AM
The cat lifts his head and looks at the tavern goers

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 09:49 AM
((Hope you don't mind this, Rebonack))

Verdandi snatches the probe out of the air and flings it away from her in a random direction, then stares down at the table in front of her.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 09:53 AM
The candle floats into Trog's, whistling merrily. It takes the time to float around the room and observe everything, then floats to the bar and sets itself down. "An Archon Ale, bartender."

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 10:13 AM
Verdandi sighs and goes outside.

metakirb
2007-02-19, 11:37 AM
Metakirb wakes up with an incredible hangover

i am never drinking that much again...

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 11:39 AM
Serra bloodrage enters the tavern, looking around she sees metakirb and rushes towards him.

Meta? is that you? you've certainly changed alot

she sits down next to him

metakirb
2007-02-19, 11:41 AM
Serra?! how'd ya get here? and where've ya been the past year? Terrans been trying to kill me over it... and as for the change, i had to go to this form or Terran would've killed me.

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 11:43 AM
Why would terran try to kill you? you two were best friends, and im sorry, i don't remember anything of where i was for the past year.

metakirb
2007-02-19, 11:46 AM
Nevermind, at least he'll stop trying to kill me now your back, lucky me... last time he almost succeded, right now he thinks im dead.

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 11:48 AM
He thinks that you're dead? why?

Terran appears behind her, he remains silent, staring at Metakirb.

metakirb
2007-02-19, 11:50 AM
why dont ya ask him? hes right behind ya...

Metakirb readys his sword arm incase Terran tries anything

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 11:53 AM
Serra, get away from him, tell me where he kept you and ill make him pay

He prepares his crusader blade

TERRAN STOP!!! Serra shouts at him, Meta wasn't responsible for my disapearance, i don't know what happened but he's got nothing to do with it.

What have you done to her?! Terran demands of metakirb, You will pay for this.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 11:54 AM
The candle watches the ensuing events with amusement, and carefully floats towards the argument, listening.

metakirb
2007-02-19, 11:55 AM
Hold it Terran, if we fight, we don't do it here, too many people around, and why won't you listen to your sister, she's back so why are you still after me?

Metakirb leaves the tavern

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 11:56 AM
Get back here

Terran rushes out after metakirb, leaving serra alone

Whats wrong with him?

Tears start to gather at her eyes.

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 11:58 AM
The probe bounces off the wall of the tavern and begins to cry.

"She *sob* doesn't like me!"

Regiji continues to snooze, mainly because he shouldn't technically be there at the moment.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 11:58 AM
The candle watches Terran persue Metakirb and raises an eyebrow, a difficult feat for a candle considering its obvious lack of eyebrows. Noticing Serra's grief, it gently floats towards her table. "Miss? Are you alright?"

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 12:00 PM
I'm fine... its just that... i finally find those two and my brothers trying to kill his best friend because of me.

She bursts into tears.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 12:04 PM
"Well, that would be problematic, wouldn't it." It carefully lowers itself onto the table and looks up at her, waiting for her to stop weeping. "If you don't mind my asking, miss, why exactly is your brother trying to kill your best friend?"

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 12:06 PM
What i have gathered from Metakirb is that my brother holds him responsible for my dissapearance and has been hunting him since. but he hasn't stopped even though i've found him.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 12:08 PM
The candle nods, thinking. "And your disappearance in the first place-?"

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 12:10 PM
I don't know... i can't remember anything of the past year since i was taken... my brother won't believe me.

Suddenly she looks up

No, hes in trouble

She vanishes

Goblin Music
2007-02-19, 12:19 PM
Calith rises and exits the tavern

Kyral
2007-02-19, 12:19 PM
The candle watches as she vanishes, then sighs and floats off the table. Noticing the probe, he somehow manages to wave. "Hello there."

Castaras
2007-02-19, 12:26 PM
Helen appears at one of the tables, holding her teddy. She gets some wine and sips it. Her eyes hold a faint red light, as she contemplates.

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 12:45 PM
Terran appears in the tavern, he sits down and starts talking to himself

So... now even my own sister has betrayed me.

Serra appears next to him

What do you want?

Why wont you believe me or meta? why would he do anything to harm me?

Because he can't be trusted

But you two were friends

That was before he kidnapped you

He didnt do it.

Leave me...

terran...

I said LEAVE ME!!!!

Serra vanishes, Terran looks almost upset

Kyral
2007-02-19, 12:48 PM
The candle glances at Terran before setting himself back on the bar and taking a sip of his Archon Ale.

Baeleck
2007-02-19, 12:50 PM
Elune enters the tavern. She is unfamiliar with the place, having only been in there twice before, and one of those times she was barely conscious. She is quivering slightly and looks rather worried. She walks swiftly past the argument that is going on, and takes a seat near the fire, proping her staff up against the side of the chair.

Renrik
2007-02-19, 12:53 PM
Narfang enters the tavern, appearing more than a bit shook up. He goes to the bar.

A... a Guild Ale, Cosmo.

Jees, what's gotten into the cheif?

Kyral
2007-02-19, 12:55 PM
The candle glances at Elune and Narfang and sighs, turning back to his ale.
Perhaps ignorance is bliss...

Castaras
2007-02-19, 12:57 PM
Helen finishes her wine and orders some more. She shoots Cosmo a glare when he begins to mention underage drinking. She then watches the patrons of the tavern.

Baeleck
2007-02-19, 01:00 PM
Elune breifly gets up out of her chair, taking her staff with her. She orders a glass of wine, but when she goes to sit back down, her seat has been taken by a vicious-looking Dwarf. She goes to another seat less close to the fire and begins to sip at her wine. Her hand shakes a bit as she holds the galss, as if something is bothering her.

Castaras
2007-02-19, 01:03 PM
Helen murmurs quietly, eyes ablaze with dusky red magic.

The teddy opens it's cruel red eyes, mouth twirling into a sneer. It falls out of Helen's arms, and picks itself off the ground. It then realises people might have a problem with this, and collapses on the floor motionless, with only the sneering red eyes remaining.

Kyral
2007-02-19, 01:06 PM
The candle seems unfazed by the teddy bear's transformation, then looks out the window. It finishes its Archon Ale and looks at the patrons again.

Martini1992
Martini heads outside Time for a walk in the woods i think

Baeleck
Elune looks at the teddy uneasily. She begins to quiver even more.

Castaras
2007-02-19, 01:08 PM
Helen picks up the teddy and cuddles it, eyes still filled with magic.

Renrik
2007-02-19, 01:09 PM
A disheveled-looking old man appears magically in the middle of the bar and says, in a weary voice:

This place is the palace of pipe dreams!
Don’t you notice the beautiful calm in the atmospere? That’s because it’s the last harbor. No one here has to worry about where they’re going next. It’s a great comfort to them. Although even here they keep up the appearances of life with a few harmless pipe dreams about their yesterdays and tommorows, as you’ll see for yourself if you’re here long.

As for my drink, I’ll be glad to pay up- tomorrow.And I know my fellow inmates will promise the same. They’ve all a touchy credulity concerning tomorrows. It’ll be great day for them, tomorrow- The Feast of all Fools, with brass bands playing! Their ships will come in, loaded to the gunwales with cancelled regrets and promises fulfilled and clean slates and new leases!

And hell, what’s it matter if the truth is that their favoring breeze has the stink of nickel whiskey on its breath, and their sea is a growler of lager and ale, and their ships are long since looted and scuttledand sunk to the bottom? To hell with the truth! As the history of the world proves, the truth has no bearing on anything. It’s irrelevant and immaterial, as the lawyers say. The lie of a pipe dream is what gives life to the whole misbegotten mad lot of us, drunk or sober. And that’s enough philosophical wisdom to give you for one drink of rot-gut.

He sits back and sighs heavily.

((Cookie to the one who can name the source!))

Baeleck
2007-02-19, 01:11 PM
Elune looks at the old man for a moment, before giving a long sigh. She puts the glass of wine down and a few tears form around her eyes. She wipes them away quickly and forces herself to smile.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:13 PM
The door opens and a man in leather jacket enters the tavern. He sits at the bar and looks around.

"Screw it...give me a beer."

Kyral
2007-02-19, 01:13 PM
The candle looks at the old man and somehow manages to applaud.
"While that sentence was a little too metaphorical, I agree whole-heartedly."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 01:14 PM
Narfang mutters to himself:

Sure is quiet in here..

Castaras
2007-02-19, 01:14 PM
Helen's bones slowly gain magic surrounding them. She smiles an aged smile, before fading away again.

Narfang mutters to himself:

Sure is quiet in here..

Tentacles appear and proceed to attack everyone in sight.

Baeleck
2007-02-19, 01:16 PM
Elune gets up and blasts the tentacles with a fireball spell, before knocking a small one away with her staff and dodging a larger one that punctures straight through where she was sitting. NPCs scream and flee.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:18 PM
The man ignores the stupidity.

terranbloodrage
2007-02-19, 01:18 PM
Terran pays no attention to the tentacles

Castaras
2007-02-19, 01:19 PM
The tentacles attack Terran and the man Kyrian is controlling, demanding to have attention paid to them. They then become NPCs.