PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CLIII

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:24 PM
((Well, considering I was the one who posted it, yes. :smallwink:
Go look in the countryside. It was the Norse god Heimdall sounding his horn- which is a signal that Ragnarok is beginning))

Aesa laughs at Rafael.
I think you're getting a very different image of this than I am.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:27 PM
Hiko bites his lip

I spent most of the last few months in the desert... So I'm not to caught up on current events... Sorry.

He raises an eyebrow, while waving a hand, casting a spell to warm the hot chocolate again

A suit of clockwork armor?

He grins, looking down at the little boat E had made

I guess gears are your style, though.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 06:27 PM
Nazgul puts his arm around Aeri and smiles.

[hr]
Rafael laughs again. Quite possibly...and can you blame me?

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:29 PM
Not really.
Aesa's illusion looks around.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 06:30 PM
Ms Elaneous nods. "That's my talent. Mechanomancy. The building and enchantment of clockwork things. Very useful." She says this a bit over brightly. "Oh, I'm Ms Elaneous, by the way. You can call me Ms E or just E, if you'd rather." She holds out a hand for a friendly handshake.

Timberwolf
"Well, we've sorted Destro out with a powerplant that even the incarnation of Necromancy should find challenging to ride. Frank, our chief mechanic person who actually builds the stuff is a genius. He shrunk down something to fit it."

Deadly
Aeri sighs and rests her head on his shoulder while staring into her drink

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 06:31 PM
What's wrong, beautiful?

[hr]
Heh, I could do that...

[hr]
Rafael smiles at Aesa and reaches out to touch her cheek.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:33 PM
Hiko raises an eyebrow, still wondering what the hell that gesture means. He bows

It's a pleasure, Ms. E... My name is Takehiko. Most people just call me Hiko, though.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 06:33 PM
Aeri blinks a bit and smiles Nothing, my love. I was just thinking a bit.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 06:34 PM
"Well, if you can get a mech's fusion reactor down to motorbike dimensions, you could pretty much name your own price for doing mechanical work. Destro's gonna have fun on his bike, that's for sure."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:37 PM
Aesa's illusion smirks as his hand goes through her cheek.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 06:38 PM
Ms E withdraws her hand and gives a slight nod/bow combo. "Great to meet you." She takes a sip out of her drink again and is surprised to find it warm again, not having noticed him heat it up.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 06:39 PM
About? Nazgul smiles back.

[hr]
I think I can...

[hr]
So, any idea how much longer you're going to be?

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:41 PM
He grins, watching her reaction

Well... That's not my normal magic, but I can still conjure up heat without paper...

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 06:41 PM
"Cool, it's definately a skill worth having. Frank does it with magic but I guess there's got to be other ways."

Deadly
2007-03-21, 06:42 PM
Aeri smiles Nothing, really. Just that I can change shape now, without fear. It's odd, but I've missed that a lot.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:42 PM
Aesa shakes her head.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 06:44 PM
"Without paper?" Ms Elaneous looks at Hiko quizzically. "Oh, and thank you by the way," she blushes at having forgotten her manners in her curiosity.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 06:45 PM
And you make such a cute little wolf... Nazgul grins.

[hr]
Leonel smiles at Nightstar. We'll have to see sometime, won't we?

[hr]
Rafael nods. Ok then.

((And I'm out for a little bit....physics tutor...bleh))

Deadly
2007-03-21, 06:46 PM
Aeri grins And that's the only shape other than human I actually like to take.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:47 PM
He grins

No problem.

He holds up his sketchpad, flipping to a certain page within it and showing E a picture of an armored black giant.

See this?

AmberVael
Aesa turns her attention to Hiko and Ms. E.

Timberwolf
"Indeed we will. Hey, let us know if you get one built. Frank used to race bikes a bit in his youth and he's been looking for a new project."

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 06:48 PM
An old man clad in white robes with odd angular black designs around the trim walks into Trog's leaning heavily on his staff. Between his general demeanor and his wispy white beard it's pretty clear he's a wizard of some kind. Atop his head is a skull-cap, as opposed to a frumpy wizard hat.

And he does actually walk this time, just for a change of pace.

"So how's the end of the world going?" he asks no one in particular with a whimsical grin.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 06:49 PM
Ms Elaneous leans closer to get a good look at the picture. "It's very well done." She smiles appreciatively.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:49 PM
Aesa looks over at the old man with a grin.
We're working on it. Still isn't finished yet.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 06:53 PM
"That is the way it usually works," the old man says as he takes a seat at a finely wrought mahogany table that wasn't there before he entered the tavern. He plops a voluminous tome in front of himself and begins to thumb through it. "I'm looking forward to Thor's battle, personally. It should be well worth the trip here."

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:54 PM
He grins

Many thanks. Now, the good part...

He rips the page out of the sketchbook and throws it into the center of the bar. Hiko's eyes light up as the paper shatters into several hundred sheets of the same size, cycloning around the place where the paper hit the floor. In a flash of light, the papersdissipate through the ceiling, and a black giant in armor stands in the middle of the tavern. Hiko grins

This is why I need paper.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 06:56 PM
Ms Elaneous blinks a few times. "Wow, that's amazing..." She watches the giant wondering what it will do now that it is animated.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 06:57 PM
Aesa's illusion joins the man at his table.
I'm still trying to decide exactly what I'll do... the gods profess that they wish me to stay out of the battle... but I know they're lying.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 06:58 PM
Snowraven walks up to the bar, stands on her toes and looks over it to find Cosmo. SHe orders 2 DFB's

Lykan
2007-03-21, 06:59 PM
The giant does nothing, though obviously quite alive. Hiko grins

So is making animated objects with gears.

He takes another sip of water, lookig back to Ms. E.

It's always fascinating to learn of new forms of magic, isn't it?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 07:01 PM
Ms Elaneous nods humbly, although is very pleased with the compliment. "Ah, yes it is. I was wondering though; what happens to him now?" She is highly interested in what happens to the things that he creates and if they last. And for how long. Do they think as well?

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:01 PM
A roaring sound begins in the distance, quickly growing louder.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:02 PM
"That'll be Destro. I hope he can ride that thing."

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 07:02 PM
"I expect they would," the apparent wizard responds while waving one hand about as if the waving had some kind of explanatory value. "What with the capacity to change Fate. But me? I'm just here to observe and pick up a few of the pieces when they're done. Don't relish combat myself. Dreadful business."

He turns a page and studies it intently, giving a low 'hmmm' and proceeding to scribble several notes with a quill pen. Exactly where he got the pen from isn't really clear.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 07:03 PM
Hiko shrugs

He won't do anything until I command him to do something.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 07:05 PM
Aesa raises an eyebrow and uses Seid to take a spin through a few strands of fate to see if she can learn a little about the man.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 07:06 PM
Ms Elaneous nods with understanding. "So, the things you create are entirely under your control? Most things I make are the same way. Evander was an entirely different work than what I am used to. Nowadays he'll even tell me what to do." She laughs. "He's just like a big brother. A really big brother."

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:07 PM
The roaring, by now, has built to a level normally reserved for very upset dragons. It stops as quickly as it began and Destro, grinning far wider than would be thought possible of anyone without a skull for a head, walks in. Strangely enough, it seems as though he has set his own head on fire. I like that thing.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 07:10 PM
He chuckles

I'd imagine... Nine foot tall suit of armor next to a gnome...

He looks back up at the giant

There's some things I can summon, like this guy here, which are essentially just beings of pure thought and emotion. Though I can conjure up gates as well... Those things I don't really have any control over.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:12 PM
"Glad to hear it. I shudder to ask, but what did Frank do ? He wouldn't tell me, said I'd be "obliged to disapprove." Sometimes I wonder if he has a screw lose."

Snowraven wanders back with the drinks, looking around the bar.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 07:14 PM
In what is likely an absolutely bizarre experience the only thing the man appears to be fated to do is to increase the average intelligence of trout, as per the request of Destro.

The old man glances up from his book and give Aesa a wry grin.

"If you want to know who I am, then my name should be sufficient. I am Prancibald. The same who my Key has no doubt told you of."

He then addresses Destro without looking up from his book.

"Good afternoon, Necromancy. How is your new halibut doing?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:15 PM
He put a Mech reactor in it. Destro sits down with a drink, and his head stops being on fire. Afternoon Prancibald. The Halibut is just fine. I've got him doing weapon drills with the herring. Something about chopping down trees.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 07:16 PM
Ms Elaneous is confused. "Pure thought and emotion? But he isn't doing anything... You mean your own thoughts emotions, perhaps?"

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:17 PM
"Oh dear Lord, he didn't did he ? So that's why he was grinning like a loony. He's been wanting to use those things for months and now he's got one into a motorbike. You can ride it, can't you ?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:18 PM
Yes to both questions. He certainly did, and I can ride it without too many problems. I didn't crash it on the way here, did I? He also said something about a capacitor that wouldn't shame a battlecruiser.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 07:19 PM
((I should have specified more...
Basically she looked through his past, five times. As in, his true past, and then four other possible pasts that didn't occur))
I see.
She refocuses her Seid to do what she meant to do the first time, except this time she doesn't look into his true past.
That way he won't realize what she is doing unless he is constantly monitering a very large view of time itself, or unless he is watching Aesa weave Seid, which also might prove hard since she is a good number of plances away.
He also might notice if he is doing something very clever that Aesa's player hasn't thought of.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 07:21 PM
Hiko nods

Yup. Which is another benifet of paper. It helps me focus said thoughts and emotions into its final result. In this case, the giant.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:22 PM
"Oh no, that maniac. I bet he included a little red button too, didn't he ? He loves to push the envelope that man does. Congratulations on having the bike to break the town land speed record. The bad news is, he's going to be inspired and try to build that other reactor into something else now. Who knows what he'll make next"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 07:25 PM
Ms Elaneous beams at Hiko. "That's really amazing. It's definitely a gift to be proud of." She takes a sighing breath of her hot chocolate, enjoying the warmth before taking another drink.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:26 PM
((I should have specified more...
Basically she looked through his past, five times. As in, his true past, and then four other possible pasts that didn't occur))
I see.
She refocuses her Seid to do what she meant to do the first time, except this time she doesn't look into his true past.
That way he won't realize what she is doing unless he is constantly monitering a very large view of time itself, or unless he is watching Aesa weave Seid, which also might prove hard since she is a good number of plances away.
He also might notice if he is doing something very clever that Aesa's player hasn't thought of.

((Well, He IS The Wizard Who Did It))

Yes, he included a little red button. As for the other reactor, I suggest you tell him from me that some sort of ATV would be very interesting. I wouldn't need it because I've got the bike, but think of the airtime he could get with something like that.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:27 PM
Gwen walks into Trog's and looks around as she waits for Hawk to walk in behind her.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 07:27 PM
All four of his pasts involve coming to Trog's the night before, petrifying a blow fly and sticking it in his pouch, and then having a pleasant conversation with Destro about the finer points of coercing the universe into doing whatever you want it to do. Strangely enough it seems to be exceedingly difficult to delve back any further.

There is one difference, however. In one of the alternate pasts he gives Destro a mackerel instead of a halibut.

She also catches something about his intention to retroactively alter several parameters of creation in the Realms so as to maintain his title of The Wizard Who Did It.

"That sounds wonderful," he responds to Destro, apparently not noticing Aesa's searching. "Good to see him put to use."

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:28 PM
Hawk follows Gwen inside, looking around at the patrons with suspicion.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:29 PM
"The man's insane. He really is. An ATV would be sweet though but I dread to think of what that would be like. I swear, having a mechanomancer about the place is never dull."

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:29 PM
Nazgul smiles at Aeri.

[hr]
Rafael takes a seat next to Aesa's illusion.

[hr]
Leonel listens to Nightstar.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:30 PM
Gwen walks over to a booth and slides in on one side.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 07:30 PM
Hiko grins

Well, I have had alot of free time in the past to develop and practice it... Thank you, E.

He takes out the toy ship, and dlets it float around a bit

So... Do you mind exlaining to me how mechanomancy works? I mean, I got so far as the gears... Now I'm lost.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:31 PM
Hawk sits across from Gwen so that he can appreciate her presence more. He smiles pleasantly at her.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:32 PM
Yes, he seemed happy to be using an axe again. Very keen on chopping down trees with the herring. Destro waves to Gwen and Hawk. Hello. And yes, he seemed a bit insane. I'm insane too. The whole town is, sometimes. One of the prerequisites for living here, methinks. Still, you should get him to build an ATV. Get him to put a little red button on it too.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:34 PM
"He'll do that without being told, believe me. How fast have you got that bike to go ?"

AmberVael
Aesa dimisses her scryings, not bothering to try and break past the barriers.
She is quite certain that she could if she wanted to, however. Divination and time are her strong points, after all.
So, why are you here in Town?

wxdruid
Gwen waves to Destro as Cosmo comes over. Hawk did you want anything? she turns to Cosmo, a hot chocolate for me. Cosmo looks at Hawk and waits.

Deadly
Nazgul smiles at Aeri.

Aeri sighs and slowly dozes off

((Sorry, but I have to go now and get some sleep. Feel free to take her back to the apartment.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:35 PM
Hawk shakes his head, having lost his taste for Archon Ale long ago.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:36 PM
Nazgul smiles at Aeri and carries her out of the tavern.

[hr]
Rafael listens in, waiting for Aesa to get a response

[hr]
Leonel gets another drink.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 07:36 PM
Ms Elaneous stops and thinks, trying to put it into words. "When I channel my magical energy into an item, it is basically the same as you would enchant a flaming sword or something like that. But with mechanomancy the gears are a basis for some of the power. Everything I make has mechanical function if it's gears are turned. Enchanting it gives it the power to turn and also a purpose. Usually the purpose is simple however. Like the boat. It floats. It floats randomly or wherever the wind takes it. Although I made it to where it will come back to the owner if it floats too far away. Oh, and if a gear gets out of place the magical energy will return it to it's place, making it fairly hard to break." She smiles.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:38 PM
Decently fast. Last I checked I was doing a couple hundred feet per round.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:39 PM
Cosmo goes and brings Gwen a hot chocolate. She gives him the money and watches Hawk as she stirs in her chocolate chips with a mini-tornado and puts her feet on his knees.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:39 PM
Hawk smiles, "Is there something wrong?" He asks innocently.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 07:40 PM
"He seemed rather proficient with it when he decided to bury it in my chest," Prancibald responds to the necromancer.

He scribbles another series of notes into his book and finally looks up.

"Collecting some components for a spell I'm working on. And I was hoping to speak with Tinderhall of the Lonely Tower regarding his research on the Materia Genesis."

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:40 PM
"Sounds plenty fast enough to me. Hmmmm, I wonder what an ATV would be able to do."

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:43 PM
Gwen hides a smile behind her hot chocolate, Nope.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:46 PM
"That's good." Hawk tries to focus on making sure none of the other patrons do anything stupid and/or dangerous, but finds it hard to take his eyes off Gwen.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:47 PM
Yes, well, he has lost none of that proficiency. Destro continues grinning. An ATV would likely be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, or something like that. I've heard there are a lot of neat tricks that can be done with an ATV too.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 07:48 PM
Ah yes... Tinderhall.
Aesa kicks her "estimated power level" of Prancibald up a few more notches.
You'll be in for a small wait; he's in the hells at the moment. Of course, you could travel down there.
What spell might this be? And which components?

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:49 PM
Gwen sits back and gets comfortable, her feet in Hawk's lap. She sips her hot chocolate as she looks around the Tavern.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:50 PM
Rafael orders a drink as he continues to listen to Aesa's conversation.

[hr]
Leonel smiles at Snowraven. And how are you today?

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:50 PM
"Now that sounds worth having. Hmmmmmmm, definately worth having and if it gets that second reactor out from under him, well....."

"I'm well thank you, just been finding out what our lunatic employee's been up to."

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:53 PM
Good to hear. So how are you two finding the Town?

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:54 PM
Hawk looks at Gwen's feet, sitting so delicately in his lap. He looks back at Gwen, smiling.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 07:56 PM
"Quite pleasant thank you. No one's trying to kill us at the moment, we think although," she glances over Leonel's shoulder "it's quite hard to tell sometimes. Have you had success with what you're looking for ?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 07:56 PM
I certainly find the bike to be worth having. Destro takes a sip of fireamber. Say, Prancibald, you ever met a "Sarda"?

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 07:57 PM
Gwen grins back at him and wiggles her toes.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:58 PM
As I told Nightstar, just waiting.... Leonel chuckles and winks as he downs half his beer.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 07:58 PM
Hawk experimentally runs a finger up one of Gwen's soles.

----------------

Meanwhile, what appears to be an NPC looking quite disgruntled enters the tavern.

"Stupid police not wanting to get check ups so I can kill them.." He mumbles, looking around for someone to exact his anger upon.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:00 PM
"For anything in particular ?"

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:02 PM
What ever fun finds me, I guess.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 08:02 PM
Gwen wiggles her foot, but doesn't remove it. She suppresses a laugh behind her cup.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 08:05 PM
Rebonack would like to point out that Prancibald is by no means a serious character, despite any power he has. He is, in fact, a running gag in Rebonack's campaigns.

The old man apparently remembers something, flipping forward several hundred pages in his book. He studies it studiously before responding without looking up.

"I'm aware of his location, though I will be busy with other business until he is done," Prancibald responds. "I require a number of completely mundane and completely unique objects. And a tooth from Fernrisulfr that is still red with Oden's blood," he waves a hand dismissivly. "Nothing important."

He resumes his study of whatever it is that's written in his tome.

"Which 'Sarda' are you referring to?"

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:05 PM
"I gotcha. Well, I suggested something to Rafael when I was winding Aesa up and covering for Fus at the same time. The slums have a lot to offer if you're looking for fun, just watch out for the goblins if they're having a turn up with the dwarves. You can find pretty much anything there if you look."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 08:07 PM
Aesa briefly glares at Snowraven after making her listen check, then looks back at Prancibald with a smirk.
You may have a problem getting that.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:08 PM
Destro waves to the disgruntled NPC and considers the ramifications of driving a bike through things. Sarda the Sage. I've heard a few things, and just remembered them now.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:10 PM
Rafael pays no mind to Snowraven.

[hr]
Leonel gives a small laugh. Not really the type of fun I'm looking for at the moment...

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:10 PM
"Like I said, you can find most anything there, if you follow my meaning."

She smiles at the vampire and utterly ignores Rafael and Aesa..

Lykan
2007-03-21, 08:12 PM
Ms Elaneous stops and thinks, trying to put it into words. "When I channel my magical energy into an item, it is basically the same as you would enchant a flaming sword or something like that. But with mechanomancy the gears are a basis for some of the power. Everything I make has mechanical function if it's gears are turned. Enchanting it gives it the power to turn and also a purpose. Usually the purpose is simple however. Like the boat. It floats. It floats randomly or wherever the wind takes it. Although I made it to where it will come back to the owner if it floats too far away. Oh, and if a gear gets out of place the magical energy will return it to it's place, making it fairly hard to break." She smiles.
Hiko grins

A facinating practice...

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:13 PM
Hawk continues tickling Gwen, moving on to both feet.

--------------------

The NPC growls at the noise around him, trying to cover his ears.

"Will you all shut the hell up?!" He growls.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:14 PM
Leonel laughs. Ah, but I've decided to wait for my fun... he turns to the NPC yelling at everyone to shut up. Go f*** yourself.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:14 PM
Why should we? Destro leans back in his chair and takes another sip of fireamber. I happen to like talking.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 08:15 PM
Gwen briefly looks over at the shouting NPC but Hawk gets her attention back quickly by finding a very ticklish spot on her arch. She tries to escape without taking her feet off his lap.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:16 PM
"Well they say good things come to those who wait. So i'm sure it'll be worth it."

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:19 PM
Hawk tries to drown the fear that the NPC will start something by continuing to terrorize Gwen's poor feet.

----------

"I have a headache and I'm not in the mood.." He says. As he slowly gets angrier, his voice seems to echo more.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 08:20 PM
"I suppose I won't be able to make those self-replicating puppies then," the wizard replies, sounding somewhat disappointed. "Not too much of a loss. I can always visit another Ragnarok elsewhere."

He then turns in Destro's direction.

"Sarda the Sage... I know of fourteen, though I suspect you're referring to the one that claims my title?"

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:20 PM
I'm sure it will... Leonel grins at Snowraven. He turns back to the NPC. Well, then you're the idiot that decided to come to a tavern.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 08:22 PM
Gwen retaliates by attempting to slide her toes under his legs.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:22 PM
That's the one. You do know of him then. Destro turns his attention on the NPC. So drink beer until you pass out. It's not my problem that you have a headache.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:24 PM
The NPC regards Leonel.

"I like the food here." He says. There is a definite negative connotation to his words.
-------------------------------

Hawk decides the NPC is just some bitter old drunk, occupying his time with grabbing at Gwen's legs so she can't move her feet around.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 08:26 PM
Aesa chuckles.
You could swing by the OmniShop. I'm sure you'd have alot to discuss with the Gent as well.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:29 PM
Then shut the f*** up about the noise already, and deal with it.

[hr]
Rafael wonders about this OmniShop that Aesa is talking about.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 08:32 PM
Gwen smiles and almost spills her hot chocolate as Hawk grabs her ankles.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:33 PM
Hawk stops,

"I'm so sorry, Gwen..." He says, grabbing a handful of napkins to wipe it up.

---------------

The NPC mumbles, "I'll make a meal of you, you petulent thrall."

Destro_Yersul
Buy some food then. Just stop complaining about trivial things. Like noise level. Of course, if Destro had ever met Descartes, he would likely know that isn't what he eats.
((At least, I'm assuming it's Descartes))

Rebonack
"Well, yes. I know of him. I have no real problem with others attempting to lay claim to my title, though more often then not they are simply deluding themselves," the old man replies. "While the Sarda you speak of is powerful well beyond the scope of what most mortals could dream of he has yet to retroactively influence the beginning of creation even in his own home universe. As such, he could hardly be considered The Wizard Who Did It except on a very small scale."

He pauses to scribble a note in his tome.

"I would prefer not to stop by the OmniShop at the moment. My Key has a Fissioned duplicate of himself there at the moment and I would prefer not to cause any undue ruckus in the Distinguished Gentlemen's place of business."

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:34 PM
I'd love to see you do that, ass.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:34 PM
Snowraven rejoins Nightstar and they sit back to watch the militant NPC

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:36 PM
"You're strong words belie your disgusting, fleshy exterior."

wxdruid
Gwen grins, No, don't apologize, I wasn't expecting that. I was having fun.

AmberVael
Aesa sighs and shakes her head.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:38 PM
If you aren't going to take action, then shut the f*** up. The rest of us are able to deal with the noise level, so why don't you either deal with it, or just leave?

Lykan
2007-03-21, 08:38 PM
Hiko sighs and goes back to drawing

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:39 PM
Well, he did try at any rate. I beleive there was some accident regarding white mages and space time pockets. Destro grins at the NPC. Who has a disgusting fleshy exterior?

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:40 PM
Hawk sighs,

"Gwen...let's leave. I sense a bar fight breaking out soon."

------------------

"Excuse me that I do not need to prove the size of my genitalia with big words, meatbag. I'm so sure you are impressing your wench."

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:41 PM
I'm just pointing out the facts. We're dealing with the noise level. You are being a little bitch about it and complaining. Get over it. Tell your player to do the same if you have to.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 08:42 PM
Aesa glances over at Hiko again.

Timberwolf
The girls snigger at the NPC (who must be Descartes)

"He does have a strange way of putting things."

"Summed men up a treat though."

Xerillum
A fine volcanic ash falls into the fireplace.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:44 PM
My barfight sense is tingling. Destro quickly finishes off his fireamber, lest fighting be needed.

wxdruid
Gwen nods in agreement, I'm really not fond of his language, she drinks the rest of her hot chocolate and stands.

Lykan
Hiko raises an eyebrow at Aesa

Need something?

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:45 PM
I'm just pointing out the facts. We're dealing with the noise level. You are being a little bitch about it and complaining. Get over it. Tell your player to do the same if you have to.
((Ouch man, Let's keep this argument between characters))

"Well considering that you were probably raised in some sort of muddy, dank pen with nothing to listen to but the sounds of your kin squealing and oinking all day, I can see why you can stand the auditory level."

---

Hawk also stands, just shaking his head at the display. He walks to the door, holding it open for Gwen.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:47 PM
Leonel turns back to Snowraven. I apologize for my outburst like that.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:48 PM
"Really, don't worry about it, he is annoying but there we go, there's always someone."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 08:48 PM
Just curious.
Aesa's illusion shrugs.

wxdruid
2007-03-21, 08:49 PM
Gwen smiles at Hawk and walks out of the Tavern.

Lykan
Hiko goes back to drawing

Of what?

Chaotic Bob
Xeni, Karaglen, and the illithid that had been monitoring things iwth interest all are released from dead time simultaneously. Xeni and Karaglen also happen to wake up.
Karaglen proceeds to remove some dust from her form while Xeni blinks and looks around.
The illithid flicks some dust off of a shoulder and turns its attention to the disputers.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:50 PM
Rafael watches Aesa's illusion from his seat beside her.

[hr]
Leonel nods.

AmberVael
What you're doing now. How the kids are.

Destro_Yersul
And you're saying you weren't? Destro raises an eyebrow. I mean, really, unless you're being possessed or something its not like you're any less human than I used to be.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 08:51 PM
Hawk walks out, closing the door behind him.

-----------

"You know usually when an opponent turns his back on the fight he gets his skull caved in."

Lykan
2007-03-21, 08:52 PM
Hiko raises an eyebrow

I thought the kids were with you.

Timberwolf
2007-03-21, 08:53 PM
"Well Leonel, I think we're going to have to hit the road. Our player is falling asleep. We'll see you later."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 08:53 PM
I haven't seen them in a while. I figured they had gone to see you.
Aesa instantly seems concerned.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 08:54 PM
Rafael tries to telepathically speak to Aesa. what's wrong? Concerned about them?

[hr]
Leonel nods to Snowraven. You two take care.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 08:55 PM
Not like it would hurt. Seeing as a fight isn't about to immediately break out Destro gets another fireamber.

Timberwolf
"You too."

The girls leave and return to the garage to go to bed.

AmberVael
Aesa absently nods to Rafael and waits for Hiko to reply.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:00 PM
((sorry, sort of out of it. Waking up again))

Hiko grabs his sketchbook, standing up and begins flipping through it rapidly

When'd you last see them? Can you scry?

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:04 PM
The old wizard triumphantly scoops up a ball of lent that settles on his table and drops it into his pouch.

"Well, I have what I need for now," he stands, his table ceasing to exist as he does. "I will see you all again soon enough."

He then bullies the universe into causing him to be elsewhere at the moment.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 09:07 PM
Ms Elaneous wakes up from falling asleep at the table. "Hm? Oh, Evander still not back yet?" Perhaps I should try to reach him... she thinks to herself.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:08 PM
I saw them... damn, I can't even remember.
Aesa suddenly goes solid, mumbling something about sending all the gods to Hel for all she cares.
She creates no less than three scryings at once, one for Nobu, one for Rin, and one to zoom all over her plane looking for them.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 09:10 PM
Anything I can do to help?

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-21, 09:11 PM
I too, shall be going. Destro walks out the door. Shortly after the roaring starts up again, though it quickly subsides into nothing.

Lykan
There's no sign of either, on Aesa's plane or otherwise

... Anything?

Rebonack
It isn't long after Prancibald leaves that Maph'tey walks Trog's, apparently concerned about something.

He waves pleasantly at Aesa and proceeds to take a seat, beggining to work on his usual carving.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:12 PM
Aesa curses in several languages. At once.
She then begins "rewinding" the scryings until she can find one of them.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 09:13 PM
Karaglen continues to dust herself while Xeni orders them beverages and some bamhacon.
The illithid turns its attention to evidently distressed Hiko.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 09:13 PM
Adder strolls into the tavern, seemingly not even caring that his arm is still bleeding.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 09:15 PM
Aesa? Rafael sounds concerned and as if he'd really like to help.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:17 PM
Not now!
Aesa's mind is teeming with energies and strange thoughts, keeping up with three spells at once while manipulating them.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:19 PM
Adder might notice someone at Trog's who look identical to the guy who was standing next to Gent back at the OmniShop. He appears to be molding something transparent as if it were clay.

Maph'tey, however doesn't notice the thug. What he does notice is Aesa's concern.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:20 PM
Hiko's eye twitches

Eventually, Aesa comes across a vision of Nobu, scrambling down to his room after Aesa tosses a bolt of lightning. He looks around, sighs, and steps backwards through a gap in time and space. He eventually comes out in the streets of the town, where he heads towards Trog's Tavern... Then suddenly dissipears.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:22 PM
Aesa begins whirring through possibilities of time, trying to find ones that aren't blocked so that she can figure out what happened to them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-21, 09:22 PM
Ms Elaneous looks up as a thudding sound approaches the Tavern. She smiles happily at the sight of Evander returning through the doorway. "I was getting worried about you."

Evander stands next to her, shaking his head, "There is much to be concerned about if what my investigation turned up is true."

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 09:27 PM
mIshmale walks in and forcefully throws an NPC from his chair. When the NPC objects, mIshmale stabs him in through the neck with a mindblade. He sits at the newly unoccupied seat and looks around. Nothing varies between mIshmale's appearance and that of Ishmale except for the fact that mIshmale has a black shirt and yellow eyes that seem to always have an evil glint in them.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 09:27 PM
Xeni and his small dragon charge begin to consume their meal while carefully watching everyone around them.

The illithid's attention is rather quickly drawn to Adder, who simply seems a little off by its reasonings. It makes an attempt at communication, telepathically as illithids tend to do.
Hello...who are you if I may ask?

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:34 PM
As one might imagine Maph'tey doesn't take the murder of the NPC very lightly. He clinches his fists slightly, setting aside his carving and pushing back from his seat.

With measured steps he crosses the tavern and looms over the nasty mirror person as best he can.

"I Suggest you come back to the station with me," he says forcefully, skillfully weaving magic into his words.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:34 PM
For a long time, Aesa doesn't find any trace of either child. Suddenly, a small flicker across her vision shows two figures, back to back, and one with long black hair, the other with greyish-green. The green haired figure stikes through a wall of illithids with a silver blade, and the black haired one is creating shockwaves of fire to roast the illithids.

The image is gone as soon as it's found. Any attempts to find it again show nothing.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:37 PM
Aesa scowls.
Illithids. I knew it.

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 09:37 PM
mIshmale looks up at Maph'tey with a bemused grin. He forms a dagger and starts flipping it skillfully in his hand so that he always is able to catch the hilt.
And if I say no?

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 09:38 PM
Adder looks around curiously before spotting the Illithid. He walks over to it.

"Was that you, squid?"

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:39 PM
Hiko growls

Where are they? I can't find them anywhere in my scrying.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 09:40 PM
Illithids? Joy...

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:41 PM
"Then I'll teach you how to dance. Then drag you back to the station," Maph'tey replies. Just for good measure he manifests Reality Revision on the NPC. He decides that the afterlife is much nicer than living in the Town and refuse to return.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 09:42 PM
Karaglen focuses completely on her bamhacon while Xeni's eye continues to wander the room.

The illithid calmly ignores the squid reference, having gotten used to such things awhile ago.
Indeed it was I. Will you return the favor of answering my questions as I have answered yours?

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 09:43 PM
mIshmale just grins.
Dancing? I thought you were going to at least put up a fight. Here. I'll dance.
He stands up and puts out his arms in a waltz form.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 09:43 PM
Adder smirks a bit at the illithid,

"Fine. The name's Adder."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:44 PM
I don't know, but I'll find out, damn it.
Aesa scrys for the illithids she had fought before.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 09:47 PM
I think I'm just going to go back Aesa... Rafael gives a small yawn.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:47 PM
Observer is not on this plane of existance. Agent is.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:48 PM
Without so much as a warning a multicolored ray careens out of nowhere toward mIshmale, bouncing toward him in a spinning, erratic path. Should the projectile impact the insectiod will be compelled to dance an Irish jig in place as per everyone's favorite 'no save, just lose' spell Irresistible Dance.

"I try to avoid fighting if I can."

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 09:49 PM
Yes, okay Rafael. I'll be back later.
Aesa doesn't seem to be paying much attention. She widens her scrying a bit and suddenly uses it to extend her spell range as she tries to snatch Agent into the air with telekinesis and threaten his life with the crushing power. But not kill him. Yet.

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 09:50 PM
Rafael nods and leaves the tavern.

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 09:51 PM
The spell hits and mIshmale does do the jig. When he stops he looks at Maph'tey with mock disappointment.
Awww.... And I was looking forward to a waltz.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 09:53 PM
It seems that Agent is already dead... In fact, the only part of his body left is his head, and that's night five feet away. In Hiko's pack.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 09:55 PM
((the spell lasts for a little while Uberblah, it was meant to incapacitate mIshmale))

The illtihid bows slightly.
A pleasure Adder. You may call me Tel. I am curious about the inhabitants of this town. What is it that you tend to do for entertainment around here?

AmberVael
Aesa swears.
By the powers of Fate...
She concentrates and resets her scrying on Rin, expecting to run into the interference again. She then begins trying to determine exactly what it is.

Ms_Elaneous
After much conversation with Evander. Ms E wonders if she should announce the Ragnarok. Perhaps Fenric will know what to do. "I'm sorry, Hiko. I must go. Something's going on. Perhaps you should meet up with me later?" Without waiting for a reply, Evander and Ms E exit the Tavern via the mirror to the Temple of Inari.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 09:57 PM
While the bug is busy dancing Maph'tey decides to take advantage of that nasty -10 penalty to Ref saves it imposes to cause the very fabric of space/time to collapse around mIshmale to bind him in place.

"You aren't allowed to complain about me being unfair, by the way," Maph'tey comments, remembering his 'fight' with sRizzen all too well.

((Basically Ectoplasmic Cocoon. Ref or be rendered helpless.))

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 09:57 PM
((oh))

mIshmale all of a sudden can't help but start dancing an Irish jig again. He looks at Maph'tey with a confused smile.
Oooh. A double parter. I like.
Luckily the dancing moves him out of the way of the collapsing fabric of space/time.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 09:58 PM
Adder smiles a little twistedly.

"Well...I like to indulge myself in sado-masochism."

McBish
2007-03-21, 09:58 PM
Eric walks in looking pale. He glances around.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 10:01 PM
Hiko nods to Ms. E.

It will be a pleasure to speak with you again soon, Ms. E.

Repeated over and over, Aesa might be able to see the slightest difference in light where it seems that Rin is pulled out of existance in the same way as Nobu. On a different view, there's a almost non-existant door in which the child is pulled...

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:02 PM
Adder looks at Eric, signaling him to come over.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 10:03 PM
Aesa notes this but again attempts to figure out what is blocking her from seeing them as they are now.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:03 PM
Eric makes his way over to Adder a bit slower than usual. He keeps his right arm very still.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:04 PM
"What's wrong, kid? You look like a prison inmate's bitch."

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:07 PM
Eric thinks that one over for a bit... he comes up with nothing. Yeah. It pretty much sucks.

Rebonack
Maph'tey frowns at the bug's miraculous dodge; honestly wonder how the hell it managed to do that. He sends out a call to any officers currently not asleep or stuck in dead time.

I've got a Thri-kreen at Trog's who just murdered an NPC. I may need some help with this guy.

"Normally I try to take people down without actually harming them, but apparently your player doesn't want you to go to jail without a fight," Maph'tey comments as he sheds his Shape-change spell, returning himself to his very large, very dangerous, and very unfriendly looking feral form. "So I suppose I'll just have to pummel you into unconsciousness then."

He swings a taloned claws the size of the bugs head, aiming to backhand the still dancing mIshmale and send him sprawling across the floor.

Chaotic Bob
The illthid nods slightly, figuring this to be the source of it's odd feeling.
I see... do you know much of this town?

Xeni notes Eric's arrival and his gaze halts on the illithid. Karaglen devours the rest of her bamhacon and stretches, deciding to walk around and chat with nearby NPC's.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:08 PM
"You get shanked?" Adder says, looking at Eric's bandaged arm. He doesn't seem to notice the giant demon fighting the insect.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:12 PM
Not quiet. Eric rolls up his sleeve a bit and there are several large greenish boils on his arm. They seem to go all the way up but you can't tell for sure since he doesn't roll his sleeve all the way up. The bandage seems fairly bloody.

The mutt responds. I assume you need help.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 10:12 PM
((Giant Magical Beast =P))

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:14 PM
"That's unsightly." Adder says, turning back to the illithid for a moment. "I don't know a lot, yet. But I will."

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:17 PM
Eric nods Hurts to.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:18 PM
Adder smiles a bit at hearing it hurts, but suppresses it. "Maybe you should get that looked at, kid."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 10:19 PM
The illithid nods and looks over at Eric. It blinks slightly and retreats back to a table.
Thank you for your time Adder.
It grabs a menu and begins to peruse it carefully.

Karaglen immerses herself in a philosophical discussion involving pears with a nearby NPC. Xeni continues to stare at the illithid a smile creeping onto his face. He opens his mouth to say something, but finally notices the fight with mIshmale.
Demon influence once more?

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 10:19 PM
((haven't had a fight in a while. need to spice things up))

mIshmale watches with indifference as Maph'tey shifts/unshifts. The swipe connects easily and mIshmale is sent sprawling barely concious. ((i'll assume that breaks the spell)) He gets up and looks at Maph'tey.
Ouch. Quite a powerful beasty you are. This will be interesting.
He attempts to form a collumn of swirling air around Maph'tey from floor to ceiling. If that succeeds he fills the collumn with water in an attempt to drown Maph'tey. Other wise he just stands tensed and ready.
((the wind is moving fast enough to contain the water. if anyone touches it, they could lose that body part with ease))

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:20 PM
Just for craps and giggles, Adder pulls out a long, intimidating looking needle. He throws it at the swirling column of wind and laughs as it repels quickly and lodges itself inside the ocular cavity of a random NPC.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:21 PM
Yeah that was the plan. Eric heads through the mirror to Inari's.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:22 PM
Adder watches curiously as Eric walks through the mirror, wondering how he did that.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 10:24 PM
A writing mass of brain-like entities appear in Aesa's mind, and strikes at her very consciouness with the fury matching that of the fates themselves...

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:32 PM
Eric walks back through the boils gone as his coin purse.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 10:34 PM
Xeni slowly pulls his bow out, wondering if he should use one of his experimental arrows.

Tel places the menu aside, seeing nothing that looks appeasing. His eyes, too, turn to the fight.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:35 PM
Adder continues flinging needles towards the column. One manages to skewer his own arm due to lack of proper angling. He looks at it curiously.

"Hmm...this is a new feeling of pain...Nice." He says, staring at the large spike.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 10:37 PM
Aesa shields her mind with the skill and ease of long practice, though she winces at the presence. She then turns her Seid to identifying and locating the source of these entities.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 10:37 PM
((It lasts for 1d4+1 rounds regardless of what happens to the person it was used on. So we'll just assume that it lasted for the equivalent of two rounds.))

The column of wind envelopes Maph'tey and subsequently fills with water. He then does something that most corporeal beings would likely have a great degree of trouble doing. He walks through the barrier.

Sure it manages to gash something solid a few times, but it doesn't seem to bother him to much. The peculiar composition of his form is odd like that.

"You're just digging your hole deeper," he snarls.

The beast plants one fore claw firmly on the floor and whips his haunches around in an attempt to catch mIshmale with his sinuous, and suddenly quite solid, tail.

With his head pointed in the other direction momentarily he spots Adder's 'entertainment'.

"When it rains it pours..."

He sends another message to the station.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:40 PM
"Ahh shleibe." Adder says, catching Maph'tey's look. "Come on, kid. Let's get out of here." He tells Eric, pulling the needle from his arm as he makes his way for the door.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:42 PM
((Great your going to get Eric thrown in jail again. Eric doesn't like jail. Too many cops.))

Eric gets up and starts to head for the door.

The mutt appears in the door looking around angrily. He spots the bleeding guy and tries to figure out if he is the bad guy or guy getting hurt by mean PC's.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:44 PM
Adder grinds his teeth as he spots the mutt, wondering why on Earth a dog is on the police force. Nevertheless, he feigns distress, clutching his bleeding arm.

"Ahh! I need a medic! Christ, that guy's crazy!" He says, trying not to be too loud so as not to alert Maph'tey's attention.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 10:45 PM
It's honestly pretty hard to covertly walk out of Trog's with someone watching you.

"The guy with the metal in his cheeks!" Maph'tey calls out, nodding his head toward Adder.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:46 PM
The mutt growls at Adder. Listen bud come quietly I really am not in the mood right now.

Eric looks back towards the stairs heading upstairs.

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 10:47 PM
((oops. lost track :smallbiggrin:))

Watching Maph'tey walk through the barrier awes mIshmale enough to be caught off-guard by the tail. He flies across the tavern and smashes into the wall with a resounding CRACK!! Half concious again, he pulls out a healing potion and quaffs it. It starts working immediately but he can't stand up just yet.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:48 PM
Gods damn you straight to Hell, you magic beast thing.

"Fine, whatever." Adder says, conceding. He walks over to Al, not putting up a fight.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:49 PM
Eric glances at Adder and then goes and sits back at the bar.

The mutt pulls out a pair of dancing handcuffs and they attempt to cuff Adder.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:51 PM
Adder doesn't look at Eric, allowing the handcuffs to wrap themselves around his wrists.

"So, the prison a nice place?"

Lykan
2007-03-21, 10:52 PM
Hiko bites his lip

Aesa?

Inside Aesa's mind...

Persistant, this one is.

Forsooth.

Is this the one, Black?

She is one. The male human with her is the other.

The male is a subject?

Yes.

Activate it.

It will be destroyed.

It is no matter. There are more.

It is likely that our watcher will revive him.

True.

... Activate it.

Hiko's eyes turn blue, and he draws his blades

What the hell?

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:53 PM
Yeah it is lovely. The mutt now stands behind Adder and directs him to the station. Did he kill the guy? He sends to Maph'tey.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 10:53 PM
Xeni elects to try sonic-burst flat tip arrows, for non-lethal damage. He pulls out a few and launches them at mIshmale.

Tel simply watches, emotionless.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 10:55 PM
Maph'tey uses his momentum to carry himself around upon feeling the impact, watching the bug's trajectory as crashes into a wall. The thews in the beast's haunches bunch for a fraction of a second before releasing like a coiled spring, launching Maph'tey toward the fallen Thri-kreen with all grace of motion of a giant obfuscated tiger.

He aims to pounce atop his still prone quarry and pin him to the floor by planting a fore paw on his chest.

The guy had some kind of stiletto driven through his eye and into his brain. Yes, he's killed him.

Simply because life sucks sometimes, a sonic arrow hits Maph'tey while the beast is looming over the bug, still hanging in mid-air.

The blast knocks him off course, causing him to crash into the tavern's wall.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:56 PM
((Hey, I never said it went through his brain. People have been skewered in the eye and lived))

AmberVael
Aesa glances at Hiko without worry, then remembers just exactly what his swords are made out of. With a curse she surrounds herself in a wall of force and keeps up her attempts at tracking them.

Uberblah
With poor timing on mIshmale's part, he stands up just in time to get hit by a sonic-burst arrow. He gets sent crashing back into the wall this time without a CRACK!! He groans and tries to get up but falls agains. He has a nasty headache now.
((that works))
mIshmale stands up and looks over at Xeni with a half smile thinking he did that for him.
Thanks I guess.

McBish
2007-03-21, 10:57 PM
((Nevrmore lets skip the streets. Also I just noticed your name doesn't have the middle e.))

Eric watches Hiko and groans a bit.

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 10:59 PM
((Seriously, guy's not dead. He's been on the ground screaming about a needle in his eye this whole time. Scout's honor.))

Adder shrugs and glances at Eric. That one glance is enough to spell out "This is on your head" to him as he is taken to the station.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 10:59 PM
((That wind wall thingy would launch stuff off at hurricane-like speeds. A pepper shaker could become a deadly projectile. Oh, and Uberblah, see my edit.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-21, 11:00 PM
((Well that's hardly Adder's fault. In fact, mIshmale should be held responsible. RESPONSIBLE I SAY))

McBish
2007-03-21, 11:00 PM
Eric tries to figure out what "this is on your head" means. Does it mean he is in trouble or that he should try to get him out. And the mutt goes out.

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 11:02 PM
((did I not edit mine correctly? mIshmale is responsible for what now? oh. the eye being skewered. right...))

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-21, 11:05 PM
((actually he launches more than one arrow))

He blinks as one slams into Maph'tey and curses slightly. He takes the opportunity to launch a few more at mIshmale and carefully drawing out one of his experimental arrows and looking it over.

The illithid raises an eyebrow and follows the source of the arrows to Xeni, where it blinks.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 11:07 PM
Hiko's skin begins to warp out of shape, twisting into grayish-brown distorted flesh, spreading from the point in his right shoulder, outward.

Aaaaaauuurgghh!!!

Once his skin is complelty consumed in the twisted flesh, he looks at Aesa with red eyes, the crystal in his chest glowing brightly. He hisses

Gah... At least you put up a shield...

He strikes repeativly, and strongly at the wall of force surrounding Aesa

It seems that the control you installed is defective, Black. It does not reason...

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 11:10 PM
Aesa watches Hiko for a single moment, then dismisses her wall and walks up to him, raising her hand and tracing a rune as she reaches out to catch his sword arm, or simply touch him at all.
Should she succeed, his body and mind are both striken with curses that render him helpless and useless in every capacity...

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 11:10 PM
Maph'tey manages to gather himself off the floor, shaking the spots out of his vision. He whirls around to see two things.

Aesa being attacked by... something.

And his quarry being peppered with arrows.

He glances between both, momentarily at a loss.

Uberblah
2007-03-21, 11:12 PM
mIshmale sees that Xeni isn't friendly and shrugs as he dodges the arrows with apparent ease. He tries to summon the experimental arrow to him using his wind controling and starts shooting shards of ice at Xeni. ((it's obvious but still: ice= water + super-cooled air))

Lykan
2007-03-21, 11:12 PM
Hiko's eye twitches, and he snarls, collapsing to the ground.

... It is defective. Such power should be nonaffective!

Black, you fool...

McBish
2007-03-21, 11:13 PM
Eric ducks out of Trog's trying to figure out what Adder's look meant.

AmberVael
2007-03-21, 11:18 PM
Silence. You are ALL fools.
I suggest that you do nothing to his children. IF you already have, restore them to their rightful states. They will be much better bargaining pieces that way, and you will want to bargain with me. It can be profitable for us all.
I'll give you a length of time to consider... a good number of hours in my world. When I contact you again, I advise you be ready. If you are not- you'll have to make do with what you have.
And if you are so foolish as to prepare to attack me, prepare any last requests you might have as well; you'll need to have them in mind before I strike your existance from time and history.
Aesa uses a spell to try and Hold Hiko and then moves to pick him up.

Lykan
2007-03-21, 11:22 PM
Though the spell seems nonaffective, Hiko is too weak to do anything anyway

The voices say nothing, forcing their way out of Aesa's mind.