PDA

View Full Version : Multiplatform Warframe In the Playground

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Vhaidara
2015-02-12, 09:36 PM
So, I recently saw some people in the 3.5 section referencing Warframe. Figured we could collaborate a little.

I am Keledrath, Clan Technocyte. I primarily play Boobin, Valkyr, and am starting to level Mirage and Limbo. Oh, and Rhino Prime when I'm messing around. I also have a Frost Prime for defense missions

Players by Platform

PC Master Race
Keledrath: Keledrath
iFenrys: Fenrys
Krade: Krade2k20
Thrice Dead Cat: ThriceDeadCat
Hiro Protagonest: HiroProtagonest
Mobius Twist: MobiusTwist
Mangosta71: Thasaidon
Eldariel - Gilalar
codenpeg: codepage9
Sholos: Veebeebee

PS4
Snowbluff: Snowbluff

Note: Wow, we like new names, don't we?

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-12, 10:02 PM
ThriceDeadCat here and in Warframe. I've got every single frame (or its prime counterpart, including the limited Excalibro Prime). I haven't been as active lately due to finishing up college, but I still try to get on at least once per week.

Earlier in the year, I was grinding those sweet, sweet syndicates. Primarily on Steel Meridian and Red Veil, but I have recently gotten around to leveling up Suda and the Arbiters.

Vhaidara
2015-02-12, 10:09 PM
Yeah, my friend is in the same boat as you with frames.

I'm trying to level syndicates, but I'm credit blocked hard. Luckily, said friend is going to trade me a Synoid in exchange for an iou on four suda syndicate mods.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-12, 10:28 PM
This is an amazing resource to check for when alliances are dropping mad stacks on conflicts. (http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html) A couple weeks ago, one clan was paying out 1 million credits per mission. Obviously, you weren't promised that much due to their limited reserves in the vault at the time, but if you were one of the lucky ones, it was solid. The other option is to do quick excavation or defense dark sectors. That does require the node to be untaxed, however.

Snowbluff
2015-02-12, 10:56 PM
Hi guys. I play on PS4, but it'd be nice to play with you guys. I'm planning on collecting all of the frames, but the frakking Limbo require Archwing stuff. :smalltongue:

Nova Prime is my Primary, but I dabble with Mirage and Loki Prime.

I'm currently leveling Cephalon Suda, since I want the warframe mods for Loki and Nova, and a Synoid Gammacor.

Thanks for the compliment about the portals, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyjB9oA04w

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-12, 11:00 PM
Aww, shame you're on console. I'm on PC myself. So much for trading away fabulous mods for delicious Suda powers.:smallfrown:

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-12, 11:02 PM
I haven't played in a while. I'll reinstall it.

Ooh, new tutorial. On Earth! Interesting. I assume there's not actually a progress reset though, unless they gave me my platinum back?

Edit: Okay I'm Rhino again. :smalltongue:

HiroProtagonest in-game. I'm in a small guild, but I'll have to see who's still around.

Snowbluff
2015-02-13, 12:23 AM
Aww, shame you're on console. I'm on PC myself. So much for trading away fabulous mods for delicious Suda powers.:smallfrown:

Yeah. I wish they would allow cross play, but that would mean them getting their act together and the services qualifying the patches faster. :smalltongue:

Speaking of faster, PS4 got the Kohm/kOhm. My finished this morning and I got to play with it. Dear Velka, this is a crazy good gun.

Brother Oni
2015-02-13, 03:29 AM
I used to play then I ran into the community which made me swear off it - I played back in the beta where the mechanics were often hidden or simply unexplained (laser doors or wall running for example) which hard stopped your progress on some missions. The response to my complaint of the game not teaching you the mechanics was 'learn the mechanics noob'. :smallamused:

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 10:13 AM
Well, they've at least covered the basics now. Wall running is still annoying sometimes when you can't quite get the angle right,

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-13, 12:24 PM
I used to play then I ran into the community which made me swear off it - I played back in the beta where the mechanics were often hidden or simply unexplained (laser doors or wall running for example) which hard stopped your progress on some missions. The response to my complaint of the game not teaching you the mechanics was 'learn the mechanics noob'. :smallamused:

I'm a little surprised to hear this. While there recently have been an influx of likely newer players being less than stellar, back when things were "learn as you go," people I ran into were largely helpful.

Well, they've at least covered the basics now. Wall running is still annoying sometimes when you can't quite get the angle right,

Yeah, the wall running is still not perfect. It happens less for me, but there are still times when I run up a wall vertically rather than horizontal or vice versa. Luckily, the Tipedo is super fast, so I usually only ever need to wall run upwards.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 12:28 PM
I'm slightly newer to Warframe, but I play on the Xbox One. I believe my clan is the Solar Knights, but I'd have to actually check after work. Paladin's my game, so Oberon's my frame. Haha.

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 12:35 PM
Yeah, my Oberon build is dubbed The Holy Knight. Oberon, Paris Prime, Vasto (going to be a Telos) and either Magistar or Galatine, depending on where I'm headed (Magistar is more symbolic, Galatine is better)

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 12:40 PM
Yeah, my Oberon build is dubbed The Holy Knight. Oberon, Paris Prime, Vasto (going to be a Telos) and either Magistar or Galatine, depending on where I'm headed (Magistar is more symbolic, Galatine is better)
I am terrible at the game right now. I have a friend of mine who is playing with me and some days are just bad days in warframe haha.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-13, 12:40 PM
Okay, so to be more specific, the last time I played was around the introduction of Solar Rails and Dark Sectors, with Zephyr as the latest frame I think?

There's a new interface. I like that you're now in your own ship, but this is going to be confusing to relearn. The worst offender has to be the new planetary maps. Why didn't they just keep the old network node system so I could clearly see which missions unlocked which nodes and planets?

I like the new weapon options in the tutorial. Maybe I should've taken the Paris, given that it was the only one I didn't already have. >_> I felt that the MK1 Braton, the weakest rifle in the game, was actually better though because bows are situational. I hope they buffed the Lato if they're giving you the choice of Kunai.

Also, the ship's AI said there was nothing in my Arsenal, it had been ransacked. My Cera, Dex Furis, blutatoed Dual Zorens, and Glaive, amongst many other things, beg to differ. I really need to get a better primary, I feel like Cera's lasers travel too slow but nothing else I have is good at my level. =/

I did the first required quest mission after the tutorial. This is going to be some mixture of cathartic and tedious, I can one-shot everything and they won't even get through my first Iron Skin.

Main frame is potatoed Rhino. Also have Oberon and... Ember, I think? I might still have my Excalibur too, I forget. So basically, Rhino and sometimes Oberon. I should take Ember on Infested missions to rank her up more.

My clan has a good amount of the clantech, but doesn't seem to be very active... last time I played there were four or five guys who were good players, I went on missions with them. I'll have to check at different times.

I'll poke through things further after school.

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 01:19 PM
There's a new interface. I like that you're now in your own ship, but this is going to be confusing to relearn. The worst offender has to be the new planetary maps. Why didn't they just keep the old network node system so I could clearly see which missions unlocked which nodes and planets?/

Indication of planets would be nice, but for nodes, each mission unlocks all adjacent nodes

I like the new weapon options in the tutorial. Maybe I should've taken the Paris, given that it was the only one I didn't already have. >_> I felt that the MK1 Braton, the weakest rifle in the game, was actually better though because bows are situational. I hope they buffed the Lato if they're giving you the choice of Kunai.

You made the smarter call. The Mk I Paris is just too situational for a starting weapon. It is worth noting that all starter weapons can be bought for like 15k credits in the store, fully crafted, for levelling purposes.

Also, the ship's AI said there was nothing in my Arsenal, it had been ransacked. My Cera, Dex Furis, blutatoed Dual Zorens, and Glaive, amongst many other things, beg to differ. I really need to get a better primary, I feel like Cera's lasers travel too slow but nothing else I have is good at my level. =/

That's more a matter of it being meant for new players who won't have anything but what they got in the first mission.

I did the first required quest mission after the tutorial. This is going to be some mixture of cathartic and tedious, I can one-shot everything and they won't even get through my first Iron Skin.

Again, it's a lot harder with an unleveled Excal, Volt, or Mag using Mk I weapons. Rhino is pretty much Easy Mode for anything lower than level 20

Main frame is potatoed Rhino. Also have Oberon and... Ember, I think? I might still have my Excalibur too, I forget. So basically, Rhino and sometimes Oberon. I should take Ember on Infested missions to rank her up more.

You may want to look into getting Rhino and Ember Primes in void missions.

All in all, you seem fairly set for doing mid game stuff.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-13, 01:21 PM
Platform: PC
In-Game Name: MobiusTwist
Preferred warframes: Trinity, Loki, Rhino
Currently Leveling: Ember, Oberon, Valkyr

I'm a big fan of the Hek shotgun and find it works well with both my playstyle and the frames I most play. Both Rhino and Trinity are custom-built for my tendency to end up in the thick of things. Marking something with Energy Vampire and immediately killing it provides a reliable way to keep the team's energy at maximum. Plus, a dead thing is a thing that doesn't do any more damage to me.

I'm currently desperately hitching rides to every Orokin Derelict Vault run, Orokin Derelict Defense (I still haven't found the toxic damage mod for shotguns), and T3 Mobile Defense missions for the Boar Prime barrel to unlock the next Steel Meridian tier.

That said, I'm perfectly happy to tag along on anything people want to do; no such thing as bad credits or bad affinity.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-13, 08:51 PM
So what exactly do Syndicates do? Provide mods?

For flavor reasons, I think I'll go for Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. Of course, it says Steel Meridian and The Perrin Sequence are enemies... which I guess makes sense, but what does that mean?

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 08:58 PM
You level them up and trade standing for mods and weapons.

Enemies means that you get -1 to Perrin every time you work for Steel Meridian. Basically, SM is a Grineer faction and PS is a Corpus faction. They HATE each other. You need to level Perrin, and then you level Red Veil, who are allies with Steel Meridian (half credit for all standing).

Snowbluff
2015-02-13, 09:28 PM
Yeah, it's a total pain. It's way too stiff. It's how I felt going from Dark Souls 2 Greatswords to Monster Hunter 4u Swaxe.

I love bows! I agree they suck starting off, but the critical mods are easy to level. This means they scale well at low levels if you can handle one. Paris Prime is one of my staples.

Cephalon Ordis is a nutjob. Ignore anything he says. :smalltongue:

Ember is hella bad. I know because my bro runs one, and all he does it make it REALLY hard for me to see anything. Excal is often request for certain missions, so I think it has some good builds.

So what exactly do Syndicates do? Provide mods?

For flavor reasons, I think I'll go for Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. Of course, it says Steel Meridian and The Perrin Sequence are enemies... which I guess makes sense, but what does that mean?
Mods and Weapons. It takes a while to farm, so doing contrary syndicates might be too much work. I suggest maxing out one, then farming rep for extra syndicate weapons to trade for other syndicates' loots.

New Loka is bad and full of nazi nutjobs. Steel Meridian has an upgrade to the god-tier Marelok (Grineer for "Mare's Leg"), which is already good weapon. That means don't go Perrin, either. Cephalon Suda gives one of the best weapons in the game, the Synoid Gammacor.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-13, 09:29 PM
Okay, so is gain greater than loss or do I have to choose? Also, how do I get the initial sigils? I donated to the factions I mentioned (and the Arbiters), but I can't get the 2500 loyalty sigils.

Snowbluff
2015-02-13, 09:31 PM
Okay, so is gain greater than loss or do I have to choose? Also, how do I get the initial sigils? I donated to the factions I mentioned (and the Arbiters), but I can't get the 2500 loyalty sigils.

The loss is equal to your gain, I think. If you fall far enough, you'd have to relevel the syndicate if you want to get anything from them. Like I said, it's way faster to just farm extra loot and trade it.

As for sigils, didn't they offer you a free one?

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 09:33 PM
Basically, you have syndicate, ally, opposed, and enemy
Syndicate: +X
Ally: +0.5 X
Opposed: -0.5 X
Enemy: -X

NEO|Phyte
2015-02-13, 09:44 PM
So, neat thing, if any of you missed out on the fire/status or cold/status event mods, apparently they've been added to the loot table on pluto spy missions on PC.

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 09:49 PM
Yeah, my friends just found out about that

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-13, 09:59 PM
Ah, just had to find the right place in my Arsenal to equip the sigil.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-17, 09:46 PM
Dataminers have found some pretty sweet stuff in the next patch. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dQ9T9Ch6rgHSXRX2BgJjoa5DqGJ3K3ZQjIRnd-s4MPs/pubhtml#) If there are any PC Tenno around, I am more than willing to do a ton of vault runs to get the credits necessary for those sweet, sweet loots.

Vhaidara
2015-02-17, 10:37 PM
My friend flipped out completely when he saw grineer claws.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-17, 10:45 PM
...What's "Void Trader Brakk"? Is it going to be an even more powerful version of the Brakk?

Speaking of the Brakk, which I probably won't get until way later, I'm building the Marelok. Finished my Tiberon today, so going for Tiberon, Marelok, and Dual Zorens/Ichors (Ichors is what I'm going to build once my next Forma finishes) as my main loadout. Hopefully. I'll have to see how it works out (and I've been making catalysts in addition to the one I had so I can properly compare potatoed Marelok/Ichors vs potatoed Dex Furis/Zorens).

I ranked up my Hek the rest of the way, modded it out (got even better when someone gave me Scattered Justice), and that's been good since most engagements aren't long-range and Dera has a slow projectile speed anyway. Tiberon's been doing pretty well though, better than the Kar-AK which is still nice (my Karak's at rank 16 and my Tiberon's at rank... 20?).

Vhaidara
2015-02-17, 11:03 PM
An upgraded Brakk is going to be absolute BS. I've run the build ims on the Brakk. It comes out to about a 73k burst with 30k sustained. for perspective, the Boltor and Boar Primes both pull about 30k

Snowbluff
2015-02-17, 11:29 PM
Meh, with the power creep, Brakk is a bit pointless, right? Sgammacor and Kohm master race. :smalltongue:

Speaking of the Synoid Gammacor, I took a break from the new monster hunter to grab it.

Vhaidara
2015-02-17, 11:37 PM
Meh, with the power creep, Brakk is a bit pointless, right? Sgammacor and Kohm master race. :smalltongue:

Speaking of the Synoid Gammacor, I took a break from the new monster hunter to grab it.

Actually, Sgamma is about 33k dps, sustained and burst. But I do love it so. I have 4 formas in mine, and it's going to be my first fully formaed weapon.

FireJustice
2015-02-18, 09:37 AM
Used to play frequently since beta.
Droped some quid with founder pack and whatsoever

Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, I mean, when the UI update patch hit.

Hated the misson select screen, hated the tilted mod equiping screen.

Game still fine, but every second in-between missions was infuriating.

Gave up

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-18, 03:32 PM
An upgraded Brakk is going to be absolute BS. I've run the build ims on the Brakk. It comes out to about a 73k burst with 30k sustained. for perspective, the Boltor and Boar Primes both pull about 30k

To be fair, if it's anything like the Mara Detron, it'll have a small buff like shorter reload speed or faster fire rate. Either way, that will give it another small damage boost. Overall, I honestly prefer using my Vaykor Marelok more than my Brakk ever since they gave it damage fall off a la shotguns. RIP release Brakk. :smallfrown:

Vhaidara
2015-02-18, 04:09 PM
Eh, Vaykor is fun looking, but the Synoid is silly.

Oh, some of my friends and I started coming up with nicknames for syndicate stuff.

Genuinely Nice People (Steel Meridian): Roller Senpai (Spectre), That CoD Gun (Weapon)
Better Than You (Arbiters of Hexis): Jeff (Spectre), Full-Auto Akboltos (Weapon)
Crazy Computer Bitch (Cephalon Suda): The Good Idea (Spectre), The I'm-Smarter-Than-You Beam (Weapon)
Greedy Corpus Bastards (Perrin Sequence): I Cost More Than You (Spectre), The Moneyguns (Weapon)
We Love Manslaughter (Red Veil): Why Are You Helping Us? (Spectre), The Joke (Weapon)
New Reich Hippies (New Loka): Ancient Dealer (Spectre), Hippie Grenades (Weapon)

Snowbluff
2015-02-18, 09:42 PM
Sgammacor Master Race.

As for the title, Ceph Suda isn't a bitch. The Loka are. They should be like double nazis. At least the nazis could claim to be mostly German.

Breakdown of these Syndicates:
Steel Meridian: Hard to argue with. These are good guys, and they actively fight to protect the civilians.

Arbiters: Good guys. They seek to broaden tenno horizons. This is vital for the future of the system, since the tenno are fighting to bring balance to the system. I don't think this can only be accomplished with fighting. Additionally, the tenno were little more than bloodhounds under the Orokin, so this is also a tenno rights movement.

Ceph Suda: Allied with Arbiters, ans is therefore a good guy by association. She gives a good gun, because she like her allies more than the others. Her technology might be a problem if the sentients show up again; her equipment would be too gosu if used on us.

Corpus dudes: Meh. These are the kind of people that sell you gear in the market. They want peace, which is why they don't like the Meridian... which puts them in a weird place.

Red Veil: Worthless *******s. They don't even give a good gun, so they obviously they resent you even when you're on their side. Next!

New Loka: You know what's even worse than worthless *******s? Worthless *******s that will call you an ******* for doing the same thing they are doing. These are hypocrites to the highest degree. You can build a list of reasons why their goal is stupid, consider they employ tenno and infested either directly or by association. It's like if Hitler shot Mussolini for running a fascist government. :smallsigh:

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-18, 10:30 PM
The Perrin Sequence is good in fluff, but their mechanical effects have their priorities messed up. Their most hated enemies are the faction that gives welfare support to colonists, and while that faction does fight against the Grineer and Corpus... that pretty much comes with the territory. Why aren't they enemies of Red Veil? They're also opposed to the Arbiters for no particular reason.

And New Loka is... weird. They have the "genetically pure human" thing, but we know nothing about their methods except for the part where they have some infested things. They like Earth nature so people automatically think they're hippies.

I think DE just tried to make it so that the guys on the left side are all allied with each other and the guys on the right side are all allied with each other. And it didn't work. The left side is both more good in fluff and in mechanics. Hm, protecting civilians and gaining knowledge while getting the Vaykor Marelok and Synoid Gammacor? I think I know which side I'll pick. Maybe it would work if they put Cephalon on the right and Perrin on the left, but that's still not a true solution.

Vhaidara
2015-02-18, 11:26 PM
As for the title, Ceph Suda isn't a bitch. The Loka are. They should be like double nazis. At least the nazis could claim to be mostly German.

The goal was insulting three word nicknames. It's a sign that the worst we could do for Steel Meridian was "Genuinely Nice People"

IFenrys
2015-02-19, 03:45 AM
Hello, I am Fenrys, and I am the friend Keledrath has mentioned in his posts on his thread. I mostly play Ash and Volt, but I also have a Rhino Prime for when sheer power is needed for something :)

I joined up here on his recommendation - I'm relatively new to tabletops, and he has told me that you guys are a great community. From what I have seen, this is very true :D

Just figured I'd post here, since this is a thread about one of my favorite FTP games :D

Vhaidara
2015-02-19, 09:22 AM
Yes, good sir Fenrys is the one who got me into Warframe. Also who bought me my Synoid. Also the Vivisectionist//Armorist from my current PF campaign.

Vhaidara
2015-02-19, 01:17 PM
The Perrin Sequence is good in fluff, but their mechanical effects have their priorities messed up. Their most hated enemies are the faction that gives welfare support to colonists, and while that faction does fight against the Grineer and Corpus... that pretty much comes with the territory. Why aren't they enemies of Red Veil? They're also opposed to the Arbiters for no particular reason.

Actually, my clan and I have put some thoughts to this

Steel Meridian/Perrin Sequence: Grineer/Corpus rivalries (racism dies hard). Also, SM wants discounts on supplies and Perrin isn't willing to give them.
Arbiters/Red Veil: Arbiters want the Tenno to be more than warriors. Red Veil, meanwhile, is yelling "DO YOUR ******* JOB!"
Suda/Loka: Loka is genocidal. Suda is a pacifist. See the problem?

Steel Meridian/Loka: Again, Loka wants to kill everyone, SM wants to protect everyone.
Arbiters/Perrin: Honestly, I think this is just that both factions piss the other one off. Arbiters want to be more than warriors, meaning that they are unlikely to buy weapons from Perrin. Perrin, meanwhile, keeps trying to peddle the goods of lesser races to the Arbiters.
Suda/Veil: Veil is the second most violent faction. Again, Suda is a pacifist. See the problem?

Steel Meridian/Veil: "Okay, you go kill the enemy while we protect the civilians!" "Okay."
Arbiters/Suda: Arbiters want to be more than just warriors, so Suda likes them for being less violent. Cephalons are Tenno technology, so Arbiters like Suda for proving how awesome the Tenno can be at not-fighting
Perrin/Loka: Um...This is the one that stumped us. We kind of went with: All the others make sense, so we'll make use this pairing

NEO|Phyte
2015-02-19, 01:52 PM
Dumb question, where are we getting that new loka is genocidal from?

All I'm really getting out of their wiki page is that they want to see humanity and earth restored. Given the massive pile of genetic degeneracy plaguing the grineer, trying to get back to an undamaged baseline isn't exactly a bad thing. Methodology could be an issue, but to my knowledge there is exactly zero indication of how they intend to restore humanity, whether it be by attempting to repair and restore grineer stock or simply sweeping them off the table, since there seems to be baseline humans still in existence.

Can't really look at the gameplay for an example, as literally the only difference between fighting for New Loka and fighting for Steel Meridian is what sigil you wear while murderhoboing. It would actually be pretty neat if instead of generic slap logo on chest, syndicate reps were based on what you do in your missions.

Vhaidara
2015-02-19, 02:31 PM
Mostly their quotes. Pretty much, if you don't work with them, you are unclean and must be purged.

Consider the death squad quotes
SM: "Maybe this will change your mind"/"You've forced our hand today". SM seems to actually regret sending death squads after you.
AoH: "You have strayed too far from the path. May this correct you"/"Your lack of honor has brought this upon you". AoH is pretty pissed, but it is personal. You represent what they oppose.
CS: "You are a waste and must be erased"/"I'm adding this to my data under the heading: consequences". Again, keeping it personal, Suda has an issue with you.
PS: "We Perrin always collect our debts"/"We have decided that you are bad for business". This is, in my mind, the biggest mix of personal vs impersonal. Their issue is with you intruding upon their business.
RV: "You are part of the corruption and we are forced to act."/"How dare you turn against us. You will be purged.". Now we get into much more generals. "Part of the corruption" is the biggest tell here. Everything that fits that must die by fire.
NL: "The impure, the unworthy have no future."/"You will be cleansed." The first one is the big problem. Anyone who New Loka judges to be "impure" or "unworthy" is on their hit list. Entire groups of people have been written off as not deserving to continue living just because Loka doesn't like them

Snowbluff
2015-02-19, 07:45 PM
The problem with Suda there is that you are a waste of precious oxygen. By working for the Veil, you're actively making the world a worse place. You have no application and have nothing to offer the world. At that point, you're no better than the Corpus or Grineer. It makes me wonder if Red Veil is actually a honey trap/IQ test set by the AoH/CS to keep people they don't like out of their club. :smalltongue:

As for Loka, they work with the Veil. Obviously, they don't care about using corruption themselves. Tenno don't fit under their "pure" view of the world; we've been tainted by the void.

I wish I had a good PbP to play in. All of the ones I am in are pretty dead. :smallsigh:

Mobius Twist
2015-02-20, 02:18 PM
A double-credit weekend is coming. Apparently credit boosters are effective as well, so quadruple-credit weekend for those of you lucky enough.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-20, 02:25 PM
Okay, so no Prisma Brakk this time. Good. I only have a couple hundred ducats and need the time to grind for more prime parts. Maybe I'll be able to get Primed Continuity with some dedicated farming.

Double credit weekend will be good, although I also need a lot of fusion cores to rank up my Serration further. >_>

Also I'm kind of regretting using a catalyst on my Tiberon, it seems to have lower DPS than my Marelok and Dual Zorens. Maybe I should've used it on the Hek. My primaries are still worse than my other weapons. Made Dual Ichors as well and am ranking those up, not sure if I should use my last (second to last? I forget) catalyst on those or keep to the Dual Zorens and save it for a primary.

Vhaidara
2015-02-20, 02:38 PM
Yeah, primaries are in a bad place right now with the Age of Syndicate Secondaries, which can also be called the Age of the Sgammacor.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Vectis Prime with the next batch. Just finished levelling my regular Vectis, and it was an absolute joy to use.

Snowbluff
2015-02-20, 03:14 PM
Okay, so no Prisma Brakk this time. Good. I only have a couple hundred ducats and need the time to grind for more prime parts. Maybe I'll be able to get Primed Continuity with some dedicated farming.

Double credit weekend will be good, although I also need a lot of fusion cores to rank up my Serration further. >_>

Also I'm kind of regretting using a catalyst on my Tiberon, it seems to have lower DPS than my Marelok and Dual Zorens. Maybe I should've used it on the Hek. My primaries are still worse than my other weapons. Made Dual Ichors as well and am ranking those up, not sure if I should use my last (second to last? I forget) catalyst on those or keep to the Dual Zorens and save it for a primary.

You can solve that Serration and secondary only thing by switching to a Kohm. It's much easier to mod than a rifle.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-20, 03:43 PM
Currently my Hornet Strike is 12 points after pouring 50 rare cores and 157k credits into getting it up from 10, my Serration is 10 points.

Partysan
2015-02-21, 04:34 PM
Casual player on PC here. I only play solo and only for free, which slows the game down a lot and means that at 65 hours my most powerful weapons are still a Barton and a Cronus since I can't get materials for my recipes. I play Loki (my account is old enough for him to have been a starter option).

It's basically a grindfest, but I'm still having fun once in a while.

Vhaidara
2015-02-21, 04:45 PM
The biggest problem for you is the solo bit. I play with friends, and we generally don't spend money (one of my friends picked up Prime Access when he got a big overtime check and bought us a ton of cosmetics and several Catalysts/Reactors). But because we can banter, the hours fly while we play.

The big thing is to figure out what some good weapons are. I recommend trying to get a Latron Prime. It's pretty easy to farm up, and will hold you in good stead for high level Towers while you farm other stuff.

Valkyr is a frame that I can greatly recommend. In lower level towers and Grineer/Infestation missions, a Duration/Efficiency Valkyr is almost unkillable because of Hysteria. You get her from fighting Alad V, the boss on Jupiter.

Partysan
2015-02-22, 08:31 AM
I have a Latron blueprint (first thing I bought since I like that kind of weapon) but no access to planets that drop the necessary resources. I also don't think I can get anywhere near Prime equipment. Missions don't scale for player count so I can't really play anything that'd be appropriate for my level. I also largely depends on mission type. It's almost impossible to beat Interceptions alone. My fault of course for insisting on solo play, but that's how it is.

Actana
2015-02-22, 09:49 AM
I've played a fair amount of the game... Right now Steam shows, well, 528 hours. As for what I have, it'd likely be easier to say what I don't have (for frames, the only ones I'm lacking are Hydroid and Nova Prime at the moment). The amounts I play has decreased roughly as the mindless grind sets in. I might pop in for a game or two every now and again, but anything more than that makes my mind go numb at the game.

But hey, if someone needs help with missions or just wants to play with someone in Europe, I'll be glad to fire up the game for a bit.

Vhaidara
2015-02-22, 10:35 AM
I have a Latron blueprint (first thing I bought since I like that kind of weapon) but no access to planets that drop the necessary resources. I also don't think I can get anywhere near Prime equipment. Missions don't scale for player count so I can't really play anything that'd be appropriate for my level. I also largely depends on mission type. It's almost impossible to beat Interceptions alone. My fault of course for insisting on solo play, but that's how it is.

I really do recommend playing on public. Yes, there are *******s and noobs, but there are nice people too. And failing that, there are a number of people who are just competent enough to carry you.

Partysan
2015-02-22, 11:00 AM
This whole thing got me thinking, so I fired up the game and for the first time in a while beat a mission I hadn't previously before (alone though). Playing Warframe solo is kind of uniquely interesting in that it changes the emotional experience of playing to a large degree. Warframe is by its very conception an empowering game, the player characters all being superpowered cybersamurai who're generally more powerful than any single enemy. Now playing solo the enemy horde gets so huge that it forces the player into a careful, tactical playstyle, emphasizing stealth and positioning. Suddenly, you're forced to take cover in every firefight and need to carefully herd the enemies so as to keep your back free. It even adds a small survival element in that it becomes a regular thing to run out of primary ammo in the middle of the mission. Suddenly, the player almost feels depowered. I am regularly afraid of simple Corpus walkers because they take so many hits to take out. It really is a totally different game. Not at all a bad one.

Leon
2015-02-22, 12:10 PM
Playing a lot less than i used to due to a bit of the ole burn out but still log in everyso often ~ will likely pick up once the next update hits and my clan starts playing again. Most of what i play recently has been Void missions for Ducats or a juicy looking Invasion on Saturn.

I have Valkyr, Nyx, Mag, Rhino, Frost Prime, Vauban, Trinity. With Valkyr being my Main and Nyx as a second (largely for High level tower missions)

I fell in love early on with the Magnus and then AkMagnus but these days i'm hard pressed to use them as i absolutely adore my Vaykor Marelok ~ 100% Status on 2 of the 3 set ups, waiting patiently for a Karak Wraith to turn up... i can dream (i like my Latron Wraith for T3/4 Void)

Dhavaer
2015-02-23, 05:46 AM
I generally do a mission/day, for the login bonus. Mostly I use Mag, Nova, Valkyr or Zephyr. I'm hoping to finish off my Braton Prime once I've relevelled Valkyr.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-24, 11:54 AM
I've had a heck of a time with the Grineer Spy 2.0 missions until last night. The roaming detectors in particular were the bane of my existence. Granted, I've been trying on non-stealth frames.

So, last night I equipped silencers on all of my random leveling weapons (I was working on a plain-Jane Boltor at the time) and went into a Neptune mission (22-25 level range) with my Loki. That, frankly, made a world of difference. Anything I couldn't kill, I disarmed and ran from. My weapons leveled impressively from all the stealth kills, I got a ton of valuable mods, and made three perfect extractions per-run several times over.

I'm kinda hating that I can't get a silencer mod on my Hek, though. One-hit kills would be awesome with that thing. I guess I'll have to settle for carpet-bombing everything with an innately-silenced Angrstrum.

I've gotten the Corpus runs done without a stealth frame before (before the new loot table came in), so it might be time to do a reprise to see what new goodies I can scrounge up. All you solo-only players, this may be the reason to keep playing.

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 11:58 AM
Yeah, you really do need silenced weapons for the new spy missions. I personally run them with Ash and my silenced Vectis, but luckily I'm a fan of stealth play so I have both the Paris Prime and the Dread on hand.

The stealth bonuses get kind of silly. My first step whenever I get a new frame is to take them on an Earth Exterminate with the silenced Vectis. 10-15 minutes and the frame is around level 7, so I have my abilities unlocked.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-24, 12:13 PM
The stealth bonuses get kind of silly. My first step whenever I get a new frame is to take them on an Earth Exterminate with the silenced Vectis. 10-15 minutes and the frame is around level 7, so I have my abilities unlocked.

Wait, I thought kills from a specific weapon only give affinity to that weapon, not split it between weapons and frames?

Frame ability kills do the split across all the weapons/sentinels you have, as do kills by other people within range. But if you shoot something with a level 30 weapon, for instance, that's all going to that weapon (a.k.a. going to waste).

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 12:20 PM
No, it gets split to your frame as well. Otherwise the only way to level a frame at all would be through getting kills with abilities, which would be kind of awkward for some frames (Trin and loki in particular) and random stuff (hacks, affinity orbs, etc)

I just checked it and your frame gets 25% of all affinity gained, while your weapons split 75% (25% each with three, 37.5% with 2, or the whole 75% with only 1). Affinity (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity)

Mobius Twist
2015-02-24, 12:42 PM
See, I know for a fact that using your abilities, even on a Trinity and Loki, gives you affinity per cast. Which, with a Trinity, can scale quite well given how frequently I end up spamming Blessing.

Partysan
2015-02-24, 03:41 PM
Damn, now my Loki is level 30 and I don't have stuff to build another frame. This game sure is good at pushing you to pay a little... :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: So, a new Warframe is not realistically attainable for me at the moment, but I'm trying to play my way towards the Mars boss that lets me go to a planet that has Plastid drops so I can build my Latron. Does anyone have advice on how to beat an Interception mission alone? That's always been very hard for me up until now.

Furthermore I might want to build one of the melee blueprints I've gotten as login bonuses (Scindo or Dual Zoren) or possibly the Heat Sword since my Cronus will soon reach max level and I'm not sure that I want to level my Skana to 30 right now. I can afford any of those in terms of resources, any advice?

Lastly: Did this game become easier? I've started playing again after a break of a few months and I've been consistently winning missions I couldn't before. Was there a rebalance in a recent patch?

Snowbluff
2015-02-24, 05:12 PM
All I can tell you is that I hate doing interception alone.

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 05:16 PM
All I can tell you is that I hate doing interception alone.

Solo Interception is nearly impossible, but there are tricks to it. Nova is probably one of the best frames for it, because you can use Wormhole to jump between points really quickly.

Snowbluff
2015-02-24, 05:18 PM
Solo Interception is nearly impossible, but there are tricks to it. Nova is probably one of the best frames for it, because you can use Wormhole to jump between points really quickly.

Mhm. Also, if you have a good range and duration, Molecular Prime can be used to slow down your enemies.

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 05:21 PM
Range actually doesn't have any real effect on Prime. It expands at a constant rate, affected only by duration. What you want on Nova is Strength>Duration>Efficiency>Range

Snowbluff
2015-02-24, 05:36 PM
Range actually doesn't have any real effect on Prime. It expands at a constant rate, affected only by duration. What you want on Nova is Strength>Duration>Efficiency>Range

The range improves the explosive radius on Prime and Antimatter Drop. Duration actually kind of blows in a lot situations unless you're exclusively a 4 spammer, especially if you've modded to the point where the drop will have a similiar range to prime, since everything will be instantly gibbed. I've been favoring the drop a lot lately, with only a Primed Continuity for duration. From experience, when I get it 50% molecular will hit a soft cap based on map size. EDIT: Actually, I can actually fit more duration without a corruption mod by using more stuff from my Loki build, like the druation/knockdown duration mod. Will do.

So efficiency got a bit boned in my build, but it's not so bad with siphon and sgammacor. If I really want to be efficient, a properly executed will get the same amount of work done with half of the energy. Another good option I think would be to screw power (unsure on how it affects the multiplier of Drop) and then prioritize efficiency then range for HIIIIIIIGH levels where the base damages are useless.

Speaking of which, do you know what really grind my gears? Frosts and Hydroids, and Limbo to a much smaller degree. Frost LOVE using snowglobes in infested defense. Useless! Hydroid have a puddle that will just slow the game down.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-24, 05:45 PM
Damn, now my Loki is level 30 and I don't have stuff to build another frame. This game sure is good at pushing you to pay a little... :smallbiggrin:

Definitely hold on to your Loki. Some people might say that Loki Prime is mechanically better, but the only bonus is a slight increase in energy that, given a Flow mod is highly unlikely to make the difference between life and death. Primes, even with the tiny bonuses, are all about the shiny new bling. Loki, in general is highly mobile and highly-capable. I got him as my starting frame back in Update 6 or 7 and did most of the star map with him and a Strun, so it's definitely able to carry you through most anything.

There are going to be bosses you can't tackle on your own, and if you need a solid recommendation to do everything else if/when you get a little bit more platinum, go with a Trinity. Her abilities eliminate the most annoying parts of running solo: lack of energy, lack of health, and lack of other people to take your beating for you. All you'll need is a solid weapon and you can solo most any boss that doesn't drain your energy (I hate you, Vay Hek).

EDIT: So, a new Warframe is not realistically attainable for me at the moment, but I'm trying to play my way towards the Mars boss that lets me go to a planet that has Plastid drops so I can build my Latron. Does anyone have advice on how to beat an Interception mission alone? That's always been very hard for me up until now.

To win, you have to more-or-less consistently hold 3 out of 4 points throughout the match. It's pretty hard to do, even with a speedy frame like a Loki. I say hard, but I mean nigh-impossible except on certain maps where you can cover two points from one spot and kill enemies with one bullet. Running with other people, even in a public game (which I do to exclusion of most anything else) makes it simplicity itself.

Furthermore I might want to build one of the melee blueprints I've gotten as login bonuses (Scindo or Dual Zoren) or possibly the Heat Sword since my Cronus will soon reach max level and I'm not sure that I want to level my Skana to 30 right now. I can afford any of those in terms of resources, any advice?

Scindo can be leveled for mastery and experience with handling heavy weapons, then sold. There's a Prime version that eclipses it in most aspects, to the point where for actual DPS Scindo Prime is one of the top weapons in the game. The Dual Zorens are an incredible mobility enhancement - look into learning ZorenCoptering. They're also really fast attack weapons, so you get a good amount of immediate feedback. They're not usually kept for their damage, though, so don't worry about adding a Catalyst or Forma to it.

FYI: Going up in Mastery levels now gives equipment slots (every even or odd level, I forget), so there's a mechanical reason to do it (okay, there are several bonuses, but this is the most relevant). Every weapon you have, take it all the way up to 30, then decide on whether you want to keep it or not. I struggled with every inventory slot until I got a 75% Platinum discount on login, so I remember that process well.

Lastly: Did this game become easier? I've started playing again after a break of a few months and I've been consistently winning missions I couldn't before. Was there a rebalance in a recent patch?

The game is constantly being rebalanced. One look at the patch notes will tell you how much they change regularly. That said, you've also gotten better. :smallcool:

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 05:54 PM
So efficiency got a bit boned in my build, but it's not so bad with siphon and sgammacor. If I really want to be efficient, a properly executed will get the same amount of work done with half of the energy. Another good option I think would be to screw power (unsure on how it affects the multiplier of Drop) and then prioritize efficiency then range for HIIIIIIIGH levels where the base damages are useless.

Don't junk Power, you run the risk of speed novaing. You know how Prime slows enemies? That can get up to 75% at max power strength, or -30% at minimum. Meaning that enemies are 30% faster. There are strategies around it (IIRC, combine with a Vortex Boobin), but most of my groups for Infested Defense prefer not letting the enemies anywhere near us.

We usually run Nova (max Strength Prime for the slow and double damage), Mesa (Peacemakers solo the first 15 waves) and Mirage (mine, mostly a stand in, but Hall of Malevolence+Eclipse makes me good cleanup. Also I snipe Parasitics). Then we pub out for a fourth, usually a Saryn (Envenom gets targeted by Mesa), Resonance Banshee (same as Saryn), Rhino (Roar+Stomp), or Trinity (Energy Vamp+Blessing)

Snowbluff
2015-02-24, 06:12 PM
Don't junk Power, you run the risk of speed novaing. You know how Prime slows enemies? That can get up to 75% at max power strength, or -30% at minimum. Meaning that enemies are 30% faster. There are strategies around it (IIRC, combine with a Vortex Boobin), but most of my groups for Infested Defense prefer not letting the enemies anywhere near us.
Mhm. Clump dudes -> drop them. Wave done. Stand somewhere high up.

Now, personally I prefer the slow (I'm nearly at the 75% point), but in terms of damage, the drop and double damage from prime will cream most things.

We usually run Nova (max Strength Prime for the slow and double damage), Mesa (Peacemakers solo the first 15 waves) and Mirage (mine, mostly a stand in, but Hall of Malevolence+Eclipse makes me good cleanup. Also I snipe Parasitics). Then we pub out for a fourth, usually a Saryn (Envenom gets targeted by Mesa), Resonance Banshee (same as Saryn), Rhino (Roar+Stomp), or Trinity (Energy Vamp+Blessing)
I like that. I can do Mirage/Nova, and I have a buddy who does Mesa/Mirage. The lack of activity caused by Mesa is equally hilarious and boring. :smalltongue:

Do you have the total eclipse mod? Also, what kind of weapons do you like to run? I've been tepid towards the Penta, but the Opticor has been a bit interesting.

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 06:21 PM
I just got Suda to Genius (was credit blocked until this weekend because of Void Trader). I got my Sgammacor from Fenrys. But Total Eclipse is on my list of things to pick up.

I bring Mirage, Boltor Prime (standing in for my eventual Soma Prime) or my Vectis (if they're assigning me to sniping duties), sgammacor (because procs, Gas+Cold with punch through), and the Orthos Prime (AoE and Reach. Also a really fun weapon).

Mesa brings along Soma Prime, Synoid, and Dakra Prime.

Nova (Fenrys) brings Soma Prime, whatever secondary he's levelling (been Vaykor lately), and whatever melee he feels like (he's good).

To top it off, we all bring spectres. Fenrys and I drop off Good Ideas, Roller Senpais, and Jeffs, while Mesa brings Healers, Chargers, and Moas. Then Fenrys drops in Rhino Spectres and Mesa drops in his own Mesa Spectres. I'm planning on eventually working up to Saryn Spectres.

Then we have overshields and energy restores for when things get ugly.

EDIT: Also, before we added Mesa, I would run our Boobin. When we first brought Mesa, I was happy because I didn't have to do anything but draw pictures in Tesla Links for 15 waves.

Partysan
2015-02-25, 09:29 AM
Matchmaking is weird. I played my first public match because I didn't see a chance to beat the Interception that blocked the way to the Mars boss and was matched up with 3 people with lvl 30 prime frame, lvl 30 prime weapons (and all 30 secondaries and prime melee) and sentinels. Can't say I didn't have fun, but I was definitely being carried. What do max everything people do in a lvl 6-8 mission?

And now I might have to continue playing public since the missions on... Saturn it was I think? - aren't realistically beatable for me solo either. Why can't they just make the missions scale with player count, really...

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 09:47 AM
Matchmaking is weird. I played my first public match because I didn't see a chance to beat the Interception that blocked the way to the Mars boss and was matched up with 3 people with lvl 30 prime frame, lvl 30 prime weapons (and all 30 secondaries and prime melee) and sentinels. Can't say I didn't have fun, but I was definitely being carried. What do max everything people do in a lvl 6-8 mission?

And now I might have to continue playing public since the missions on... Saturn it was I think? - aren't realistically beatable for me solo either. Why can't they just make the missions scale with player count, really...

Interception missions drop Tower 4 keys at waves 3, 7, 11, etc. No matter which Interception you're doing. So the best way to farm up T4 keys is by running low level interceptions, because you can easily hold all 4 points and clear the waves with no real threat. Also, low level missions are safe places to play "Bait the Stalker".

And your problem is more the gear you have. With end game gear, I am confident I can solo through Saturn going full ham, depending on mission type (Interception is the exception, Defense are a pain)

Partysan
2015-02-25, 10:36 AM
Interception missions drop Tower 4 keys at waves 3, 7, 11, etc. No matter which Interception you're doing. So the best way to farm up T4 keys is by running low level interceptions, because you can easily hold all 4 points and clear the waves with no real threat. Also, low level missions are safe places to play "Bait the Stalker".
That explains it, thanks.

And your problem is more the gear you have. With end game gear, I am confident I can solo through Saturn going full ham, depending on mission type (Interception is the exception, Defense are a pain)
I don't doubt it, but without Platinum new gear is hard to get, since the materials can't be bought for credits and are pretty elusive/have to be farmed in specific missions. Game's still fun though.

That said, do you know a frame that I might be able to earn by myself? Most seem to require a lab, i.e. being part of a syndicate, or the parts are only being dropped by bosses all over the system.

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 10:49 AM
Well, Vaubin drops from alerts, Volt, Banshee, and Zephyr are clan research, Prime parts drop from towers, and normal frame parts drop from any boss (each boss has a different frame). My recommendation for an early, tanky frame is Valkyr. She drops from Alad V on Jupiter and, if built right, the Grineer and Infested CANNOT kill you. Valkyr's base statline is normal health, low shields, high stamina, and 600 armor. For perspective, the next highest armor values are at 175.

Valkyr's abilities are great.
First, Ripline, which is basically a grappling hook. Shoot it to a wall, and you start flying to it. Can also be used on enemies, in which case it's like Mag's Pull but single target and more damage.
Paralysis is something you have to build for. It drains your shields, and does a nuke based on your shield strength, and stuns enemies for a few seconds. But Valkyr's shields are terrible (about 150 at max rank)
Warcry is great. Buffs yours and allies attack speeds and armor, while slowing enemies. Great for bosses.
Hysteria is what makes her a solo frame though. You get a long duration mode (you can't disable it) during which you get special claws (complete with their own combos). During this, YOU ARE INVINCIBLE. As in nothing can hurt you or knock you down invincible. And, you get lifesteal, so you'll come out of it at full health. the unmodded base stats of your melee weapon are used to determine the damage of your attacks, which is why weapons like the Tipedo are great on Valkyr.

Now, the reason why you can solo any Grineer or Infested mission (things like Defense or Mobile Defense excluded) is because of Hysteria: They have no way to stop you. Corpus and Corrupted have Nullifiers that can turn it off, but if you prioritize Duration>Efficiency>Strength>Range, you can spend entire missions in Hysteria (or at least all the combat portions).

Mobius Twist
2015-02-25, 10:50 AM
Rhino (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_%28Warframe%29) parts drop from the Jackal (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Jackal) boss on Venus, which is considered one of the earlier/starter planets. If you haven't heard of the Rhino frame, you're in for a pleasant surprise. It's a versatile frame that does a bit of everything, can stand up to damage MUCH better than a Loki, and is universally recognized as the best second frame to have.

It's a Corpus mission that can usually be run solo, assuming a certain level of damage output. The way it's usually done, you don't fight every enemy on the way to the boss. Kill what's in your way and run to the boss section; the enemies will fall behind you and stop attacking once you're out of range. Once you get into the boss fight the additional enemies are few, if any.

The wiki has a good description of the strategies for this boss, but the short summary is: hug the columns to avoid the stomp, shoot the legs to take it down.

If you run it Public, chances are good that other people will be doing the boss as well.

Snowbluff
2015-02-25, 10:55 AM
I'm going to second Rhino, only because it's much easier to grab than Valkyr.

Keep in mind that Loki is still one of the best frames in the game. With efficiency and duration mods, you can be rolling in a lot of stealth.

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I forgot that Rhino dropped from Jackal. I never actually got standard Rhino, since I ended up with Valkyr when my friends brought me along to farm Salad for Neural Sensors.

Snowbluff
2015-02-25, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I forgot that Rhino dropped from Jackal. I never actually got standard Rhino, since I ended up with Valkyr when my friends brought me along to farm Salad for Neural Sensors.

Oh god, I've gotten the parts a dozen times over. :smallamused:

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure who I've gotten the most parts for: Valkyr, Oberon, or Nekros.

Oh, that's another option. You could try to farm up Oberon. He drops from Eximus type enemies.

Snowbluff
2015-02-25, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure who I've gotten the most parts for: Valkyr, Oberon, or Nekros.

Oh, that's another option. You could try to farm up Oberon. He drops from Eximus type enemies.

For me, it's Oberon now that I've finished Oberon. D:

To farm him, try some dark sector infested defense. Make it through a bunch of waves.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-25, 11:27 AM
Oberon is one of those frames that you end up collecting just by playing infinite-duration missions a whole bunch. Given that it's based on RNG, I don't recommend actually wanting it, as you'll be disappointed at every opportunity.

I like Cambria on Earth for my T1-T3 keys. Usually, the people I'm with go through about 13-15 collectors before evacuating, which gets you quite a bit of loot and experience on top of the regular excavation rewards.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-25, 02:37 PM

Oh, so that's how it works. I thought T4 keys dropped from other Void missions.

Plus, if you need certain resources, it's good to go to the low-level planets so you can mow through as many enemies as possible to get them. I got fifteen Morphics on one Mars Survival. >.>

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 02:41 PM
Oh, so that's how it works. I thought T4 keys dropped from other Void missions.

Plus, if you need certain resources, it's good to go to the low-level planets so you can mow through as many enemies as possible to get them. I got fifteen Morphics on one Mars Survival. >.>

Yep. I've run a lot of Apollodorus to farm up Morphics.

Oh, and if anyone ever needs a hand, go ahead and send me a friend request. If we're on at the same time, I can help you farm up anything outside of Void missions. And, honestly, my friends and I have a ton of keys (Fenrys in particular is loaded), and have most of the things we need, so I can run a fair number of those too.

Right now, we're trying to farm up Nyx Prime Chassis, so I accept payment in T3 Exterminate runs :smalltongue:

I'm also trying to work on Mesa. Just need the Systems, but then I need to earn enough plat to buy more slots.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-25, 04:03 PM
Alright, so my current grind is
1. Ducats (gotta make sure I have enough for that Prisma Brakk when it comes)
2. General mastery stuff (I take an underleveled primary all the time now because my Tiberon is kinda useful against Nullifier Crewmen and that's about it, Marelok and melee see nearly all of the use)
3. Frost and Trinity parts (need Frost systems, not sure about Trinity). I do think Rhino is still good in lategame, for reviving people, crowd control, and decent buffs if lacking Banshee/Valkyr, but I still want more frames.

1 is taking priority over 3, but considering build times I should probably do 3 first.

Used my last catalyst on the Ichors. I think it's got better DPS than Zorens.

Also, I have this ridiculous idea in my head of playing Mesa equipped with nothing but Nikana. The ronin. :smalltongue: Gotta get around to acquiring more Mutato Salad keys, I just got the one from the alert.

Oh and I have like seven T3E keys.

Partysan
2015-02-25, 05:30 PM
I think I actually have an Oberon Chassis (and Mag Systems) lying around in my inventory. Valkyr sounds delicious though.

In other news, my Cronus hit 30 and I've taken out my old Skana for now until I decide what to replace it with. The Dual Zoren probably, since I already have the blueprint and all materials.

...I seem to have 4 T1 and 1 T2 keys. Never used any of those.

But I think I'll just get used to playing public more often. For that matter, is there any code of conduct about going into public matches while being stalked?

Vhaidara
2015-02-25, 05:36 PM
I think I actually have an Oberon Chassis (and Mag Systems) lying around in my inventory. Valkyr sounds delicious though.

In other news, my Cronus hit 30 and I've taken out my old Skana for now until I decide what to replace it with. The Dual Zoren probably, since I already have the blueprint and all materials.

...I seem to have 4 T1 and 1 T2 keys. Never used any of those.

But I think I'll just get used to playing public more often. For that matter, is there any code of conduct about going into public matches while being stalked?

First, you aren't being stalked, you are marked by the Stalker. Being stalked means a person is creeping on you :P

If your screen starts flashing, call out in chat that you are being attacked by the Stalker. If you have low level allies, expect to die horribly. If you have high level allies, then just make sure you get near them, then as soon as he spawns, run like hell. He will kill you crazy fast, but if your allies kill him first, you have a chance to get his sigil or one of his weapons. The Hate is awesome looking, but crap (all 3 scythes are statistically identical), I don't have the Despair (secondary), and the Dread (a slash bow) is CRAZY. You can double (red) crit for over 30k damage.

Mobius Twist
2015-02-25, 05:46 PM
To survive the first few Stalker hits consider switching to your melee weapon (hold the weapon-switch key) and then start blocking. It'll give you team mates some time to kill the guy, even if you're in total defense mode, because as soon as you go down the Stalker disappears and so do all the chances of killing him for loot.

Leon
2015-02-26, 04:15 AM
I bought my Valkyr a couple of months after i started to play and its the best thing ive spent money on in Warframe so far.

She's my Goto Frame for any thing that doesn't need something more specialized (like Frost for Def/Mobile Def) or when i just want to Wreck face in Melee and Solo Void Runs

Dhavaer
2015-02-26, 05:32 AM
Does anyone know how to fix the 'Strict NAT Detected' error? The help FAQ it links me to says it's caused by having two people try to play over the same connection, which isn't the case for me.

NEO|Phyte
2015-02-26, 06:16 AM
Has it been happening consistently? There's been a few times where the strict NAT thing has been an issue on DE's end.

Also whee, finally got loki prime helmet to drop, gonna have me a new prime frame in a few days.

Dhavaer
2015-02-26, 06:22 AM
Constantly for at least the last six months, probably longer. I think I may have found the solution; are there any other Oceanic Warframers in the Playground to help me test? Not now, but a Tower 3 or 4 Defence on the weekend?

Snowbluff
2015-02-26, 07:59 AM
I had that issue once. I reset my router and modem and that fixed it.

Eldariel
2015-02-26, 01:10 PM
Strict NAT is almost invariably related to either firewall or router settings. If the problem persists, Google port forwarding for your router and ensure your firewall is allowing the traffic.

Also, hail to the thread. I'd toyed with the idea of making one but never got around doing it. Thanks for making it a moot point. If you feel like playing a few, you can find me under 'Gilalar' without the apostrophes. Currently working on formaing the frames I can't fit full builds on yet, and leveling the remaining Primed mods (and finishing XP fodder weapons of course) so I mostly run T4S and T4I. Arbiters/Suda/Meridian/sometimesRedFail if you wanna trade Syndi stuff.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-26, 10:13 PM
Bluhhh give me catalyst bp as login reward. -_- I need one for Steel Meridian. I might also potato Dread at some point since bows with lots of punchthrough and crit might actually be worth using over a secondary. Of course, I have like three or four reactors, so I'd be glad to just hand one of those over to Steel Meridian.

IFenrys
2015-02-27, 02:28 PM
Well, Phoenix Intercept escalation is a troll and a half from DE >_<

The enemies start out at level 120+ and you are restricted to 400 or less Conclave.

Oh, and you can only bring a frame and a heavy blade weapon (ie. Scindo, Gram or Galatine).

Have fun getting that Rift Sigil, guys XD

Mobius Twist
2015-02-27, 02:34 PM
Interception is one game type that I've not figured out. I get that there are capture points and holding a minimum of three is necessary to outpace the enemy, but I've actually seen videos of people doing it solo, which honestly feels impossible.

Aside from the Draco reputation farm with precise builds and coordination, what are the standard Interception strategies?

Snowbluff
2015-02-27, 02:41 PM
SO, I've been thinking about the parkour. It needs to be reworked. I guess it being this rigid makes sense for WASD setups (limited directions, and the wall running is set up so you can aim independently, obliterating the only finesse in keyboard+mouse movement). However, the game is available on console now, so they should consider patching it up so it feels more natural on a game pad.

You should be able to change direction while wall running so if you hit the wall at the wrong angle you can fix the angle without wasting time on a flip.

Additionally, it seems that you have to be aiming at a wall to run on it. It's weird, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I don't know if you guys care, but I'm playing on console with my controller, and I'm the kind of guy who mapped jumping to L2 and plays without aim assist.

The enemies start out at level 120+ and you are restricted to 400 or less Conclave.

Oh, and you can only bring a frame and a heavy blade weapon (ie. Scindo, Gram or Galatine).

So what you're saying is that you have overleveled enemies, the worst class of the worst weapon slot (heavy blade and melee), and have to be low leveled (probably not too awful with only one weapon, but crap!). Well, screw that.

Vhaidara
2015-02-27, 02:47 PM
There actually is a parkour rework in the works. I think it's planned for Soon (would be TM, but DE is not Blizzard)

As far as running the escalation, it's actually pretty simple. You need specific frames. Here's the team Fenrys and I ran it with
Ash: Bladestorm kills things. Like, fast.
Valkyr: Medic. Don't even bother fighting, just run around immortal and pick people up. Ripline if an enemy is taking a point, it will interrupt them
Nova: You're gonna go down a lot, but keep Molecular Prime up for Ash
Loki: Radial Disarm (especially modded) and invis. Secondary medic

Oh, and everyone should bring Energy Siphon so Ash never has to leave Bladestorm.

NEO|Phyte
2015-02-27, 03:01 PM
Adding some specifics: For the nova, you want enough power strength for maximum slowdown, and obviously all the duration you can cram in to hit the whole map.

Disarm loki probably says plenty, but all the range you can get, and an irradiating disarm augment.

I've found the best place for the Nova to park is that alcove that's above the elevator to the mission area from spawn. Enemy won't have LoS on you unless you peek out, and it's mostly central for optimal MPriming.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-27, 04:10 PM
By the way, HiroProtagonest in-game. PC.

Sent Keledrath a friend request. I'd also like to join Technocyte as my clan's not that active.

Got the Trinity and Frost parts, about two days until Trinity and four until Frost. Also decided to get all the blueprints for Zephyr, so I might build him.

Vhaidara
2015-02-27, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, we're currently capped on members. We're just a Ghost Clan, and Fenrys doesn't want to deal with more expensive contributions until he's happy with the dojo.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-02-27, 04:22 PM
Meh.

Cmooon T1 Capture, give me Lex Prime Reciever!

Eldariel
2015-02-27, 06:46 PM

Considering the gap in difficulty between this and the last Tactical Alert, some added challenge is nice. Well, it's mostly a matter of using warframe abilities anyways; the weapons are mostly for clean-up (tho Broken Bull Scindo Prime or Galatine does just fine damage-wise). Corrosive Projections deal with the armor and then it's just a matter of building a comp that has sufficient CC to not-die while capping. I'm thinking Invis Loki or 4 could probably do this though adding some variety to the mix would certainly make it more amusing. Or then you could just run 4 Ashes with max PS (or maybe 3 + Trinity) and spam Bladestorm and energy restores. Some Mirage/Nova/Loki/Trin (or maybe Excals/Saryns) could make for a fairly amusing setup. Or a couple of Mirages. At least it doesn't take forever to ramp up like Tower 4 missions.

Snowbluff
2015-02-27, 07:01 PM
There actually is a parkour rework in the works. I think it's planned for Soon (would be TM, but DE is not Blizzard) Well, console players are a bit behind, so it's soon (tm) for me. Ah, it's such a familiar feeling. :smalltongue:

As far as running the escalation, it's actually pretty simple. You need specific frames. Here's the team Fenrys and I ran it with
Ash: Bladestorm kills things. Like, fast.
Valkyr: Medic. Don't even bother fighting, just run around immortal and pick people up. Ripline if an enemy is taking a point, it will interrupt them
Nova: You're gonna go down a lot, but keep Molecular Prime up for Ash
Loki: Radial Disarm (especially modded) and invis. Secondary medic

Oh, and everyone should bring Energy Siphon so Ash never has to leave Bladestorm.
I second ranged radiation loki. I'm depending if I want to pick up that mod or antimatter absorb first. :smalltongue:

Vhaidara
2015-02-27, 07:04 PM
Well, console players are a bit behind, so it's soon (tm) for me. Ah, it's such a familiar feeling. :smalltongue:

You're confused. I'm saying that DE can't say something is coming Soon(tm). Because Soon(tm) is trademarked by Blizzard.

Snowbluff
2015-02-27, 08:26 PM
You're confused. I'm saying that DE can't say something is coming Soon(tm). Because Soon(tm) is trademarked by Blizzard.

Oh, you weren't suggesting they could be timely. ^^'

Leon
2015-02-28, 12:12 AM
Tempo Royal was the only thing that mattered for me, i don't collect the sigils.
The last one i didn't even complete as it was too much of a pain in the ass for a weapon type i don't like (and now i have to finish leveling the damn throwing hammer i made to try it).

Vhaidara
2015-02-28, 12:15 AM
I for one love glaives thematically, and wish they were better. And Astral Twilight was very worth it, since it's "I'm not touching my weapon" the stance.

Oh, and Tempo Royale is beautiful. Speed Volt with Fury and Berzerker procs doing the back combo is just plain funny for the sheer amount of slam. I feel like I need to play Space Jam when I do that.

Partysan
2015-02-28, 07:18 AM
News from the noob front:

I've done enough public matches grinding Saturn defence to build my Latron, built a Scindo because I could and took the Skana to 30. Now I'll grind some more to level the new weapons and then maybe try the Archive mission again that's part of the Archwing questline.

My Lato is now level 29, so I'll soon need a new secondary to level. There's a few of them that I could get for a small amount of credits, namely the Aklato, Lex and Sicarus (as well as the MK1 Furis and Kunai, but MK1 aren't all that good for what I know, so at most the Kunai would be interesting for stealth). I also have everything needed to build a Seer.
Not sure yet what to pick. The Latron is a Carbine in contrast to the Assault Rifle type Barton I had before, so would a higher RoF be more synergistic now?

And slot-wise: I'm pretty sure I can sell the lvl 30 MK1-Barton without repercussions, yes? (I'll probably hold on to the proper Barton for now.)

Eldariel
2015-02-28, 09:06 AM
Holy ****, this event Escalation was fun! We ran it with friends and a random Loki: two Bladestorm Ashes, EV Trinity and Irradiating Disarm Loki. While playing Ash is of course a bit akin to watching a movie, the game still had a real nice feel to it; urgent and difficult enough that it was definitely losable but still eminently doable. I wish we'll see more optional content like this with trivial rewards just for people looking for high level enemies without having to play an hour of Survival/Defense/Interception/Excavation to get started - nothing significant to be gained by winning, but a decent challenge for those looking for it.

News from the noob front:

I've done enough public matches grinding Saturn defence to build my Latron, built a Scindo because I could and took the Skana to 30. Now I'll grind some more to level the new weapons and then maybe try the Archive mission again that's part of the Archwing questline.

My Lato is now level 29, so I'll soon need a new secondary to level. There's a few of them that I could get for a small amount of credits, namely the Aklato, Lex and Sicarus (as well as the MK1 Furis and Kunai, but MK1 aren't all that good for what I know, so at most the Kunai would be interesting for stealth). I also have everything needed to build a Seer.
Not sure yet what to pick. The Latron is a Carbine in contrast to the Assault Rifle type Barton I had before, so would a higher RoF be more synergistic now?

And slot-wise: I'm pretty sure I can sell the lvl 30 MK1-Barton without repercussions, yes? (I'll probably hold on to the proper Barton for now.)

Aye, there's nothing to be lost by selling level 30 equipment you don't intend to keep (and MK-1 Braton is something you have no reason to keep except for the curiosity-value). And you probably want to play most of the low level options through anyways so I recommend you to just start with whatever you feel like and work your way up from there. Though yes, Latron is a long range rifle so feel free to bring a good short range secondary to go with it. Seer is a nice starter pistol for a few levels so feel free to give it a go.

Vhaidara
2015-02-28, 10:00 AM
Partysan: Yeah, you can sell Mk1 gear with no real repercussions. They're mastery fodder.

As a note: The Kunai are actually pretty much useless for stealth missions. Unless you kill an enemy in the first hit, they are alerted, so rapid fire weapons don't work for stealth.

However, getting a standard Kunai and a standard Bo is a very good idea. You can use the two of them to craft the Tipedo, which is an amazing weapon that I use on my Valkyr, even in the end game.

Leon
2015-02-28, 12:46 PM
Advice on the Seer: build it level it and and throw it away and get a real sidearm. The Magnus is a nice reliable one to have around.
For Primary: I recommend the Karak if you want to go into an Assault Rifle (i like the Braton's aesthetically but the Regular one is out classed in most areas by the Karak)

My pRhino is finally building, been waiting and try to get the BP for ages and was in Trade today and saw someone selling the BP for 20 plat so i jumped on that and ended up getting it for 15 instead.

Eldariel
2015-02-28, 02:26 PM
Advice on the Seer: build it level it and and throw it away and get a real sidearm. The Magnus is a nice reliable one to have around.

To add to this, on MR4, once you get a clan, go build Marelok. That thing is amazing and available incredibly early.

For Primary: I recommend the Karak if you want to go into an Assault Rifle (i like the Braton's aesthetically but the Regular one is out classed in most areas by the Karak)

One option on MR2 is also getting 10-20 plat somehow (borrow from a friend/clanmate, sell some Split Chamber/Barrel Diffusion/Stance mods or just buy a small chunk) and buying a Latron Prime Set. They go almost criminally low for how good the weapon is and it's easily something you can even take to endgame missions. You'd have to farm 10 Orokin Cells from Saturn but given you have Saturn open, that would be no problem.

My pRhino is finally building, been waiting and try to get the BP for ages and was in Trade today and saw someone selling the BP for 20 plat so i jumped on that and ended up getting it for 15 instead.

Congratulations! The power of the trade chat is amazing. I've never bought a single plat in the game but I've made thousands by just selling stuff (or buying individual pieces and selling sets; the people who buy full sets tend to be willing to pay more to skip the inconvenience of finding individual pieces and wasting time) and e.g. Nova Prime, Soma Prime & Vasto Prime I've only ever seen two Soma Prime Barrels drop for (and not for the lack of trying) but I got all the sets by trading anyways. As such, if you're trying to finish a prime set, I recommend sitting in the trade chat for ~10 mins buying it for a mid-range price and you can probably find it.

Krade
2015-02-28, 04:28 PM
So hi! I've been playing Warframe for almost a year now. I have roughly all the things.

I have my own clan because I'm curmudgeonly and wanted the research-only items (I have everything researched except the Itzal because Archwing is boring). If anyone wants to join, just let me know.

I'm Krade2k20 on PC. Shoot me a friend request of you wanna play sometime. I usually at least log on every day. I can also drag people who need credits through some T4 missions. I stocked up on T4E keys before they changed the Syndicate key packs.

Edit:
Sorry but this is just slightly off. Interception missions drop T4 keys at 4, 8, 12, etc. Also, the Interception Mission on Earth is too low level for the T4 keys. I suggest Augustus, Mars for T4 key farming. It's a bit harder than it used to be since they changed the positions of all the points (you used to be able to see all of them for the middle of the map)but with a properly built Mag, the low level Corpus die easily. High level Interception Missions (Pluto, Ceres, etc.) drop Defense, Survival, and Interception only. The rest drop Exterminate, MD, Capture and Sabotage.

Edit: On a somewhat more awesome note, I just miraculously found 3 rare syndicate medallions in one mission. combined with the 6000 rep I got just for doing the mission (and the other, crappier medallions), that's about 23k rep (not to mention half that for my ally syndicate) in a 10 minute survival.:smallbiggrin:

Partysan
2015-03-01, 01:48 AM
So, I tried out my new weapons. Considering how ridiculously huge it is and how slow it swings I'm almost a bit disappointed with the Scindo's damage, but I'm slowly getting used to the timing and it's nice to be able to hit groups.

However I ended up really liking the Latron. It feels very precise and responsive and at least if I hit the right spot I can one-shot low level enemies with it. Furthermore the rate of fire is actually higher than I expected. Also, I don't run out of ammo all the time. Until I get to a point where I can think about prime equipment this is definitely a keeper.

Haven't decided on a new secondary yet. I had a look at the blueprints and I can actually craft a lot of them. Apparently rare materials aren't as much of a problem as I thought.

Also, I reached Mastery rank 3. Kind of tempted to get myself a Vectis now that I know how fun single precise shots are in this game. But for now I have stuff to level.

Leon
2015-03-01, 02:34 AM
Be happy you have the Scindo now, its damage used to be a lot worse.

I Hated the Latron, disliked the Tiberon i made with it and am leery of making the pLatron but oddly i love my Latron Wraith. Its my Gun of choice for T4 things.

Primary Weapons I'm working on atm are Ingis (again), Prisma Gorgon and the Miter (i hate it with a passion)

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-01, 02:37 AM
I've pretty much decided that the only primaries worth taking with the high-power secondaries available are Dread and Paris Prime, because punch through + Thunderbolt for hitting lots of enemies.

Krade
2015-03-01, 02:55 AM
I've pretty much decided that the only primaries worth taking with the high-power secondaries available are Dread and Paris Prime, because punch through + Thunderbolt for hitting lots of enemies.

Thunderbolt is fun, but in terms of optimization, it's wasted on the normal bows. The Attica automatic crossbow, however, is amazing with it. Especially in Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.

IFenrys
2015-03-01, 06:03 AM
In addition to the above possibilities, may I recommend crafting your Lato into a Bolto once it's maxed out? From there, you can eventually make an AkBolto, which is simultaneously one of the better secondaries and one of the more enjoyable ones.

Also, I will always happily recommend the Seer. Always found it to be a fun little gun, good for both close and long range. And the bullets explode on impact.

Snowbluff
2015-03-01, 07:25 AM
I actually prefer the Paris Prime. The kinds of enemies that are hard to one shot are strong against slashing and weak to puncture. As for critting, it's the Soma versus Boltor argument; I think Soma P is better because of the bonus multiple on headshot crit, but Dread's not a hitscan weapon, so benefitting from that is really hard.

Bows are damn fun, though. Alternatively, I use explosives. Opticor and the Penta, mostly. The Kohm is terribly strong and DPSes well. I've been know to use the Attica with Thunderbolt while I'm messing around. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyjB9oA04w)

In addition to the above possibilities, may I recommend crafting your Lato into a Bolto once it's maxed out? From there, you can eventually make an AkBolto, which is simultaneously one of the better secondaries and one of the more enjoyable ones.

Agreed. It was the first weapon I made, and I loved it.

Dhavaer
2015-03-01, 07:45 AM
What's a good frame for Tower Defence IV? Nova for slowing and damage buffs or Mag for shield restoration. I've heard Trinity's Link is good, but I've never really used it.

Snowbluff
2015-03-01, 07:49 AM
What's a good frame for Tower Defence IV? Nova for slowing and damage buffs or Mag for shield restoration. I've heard Trinity's Link is good, but I've never really used it.

Vauban: Can immobilize a large number of enemies.
Limbo: can make the cryopod unhittable
Frost: Can put a snowglobe over the pod.
Mesa: shoots things.
Mirage: Also raw damage. IMO, one of the highest damage frames in the game. Can buff Mesa with Total Eclipse, too.

Eldariel
2015-03-01, 09:14 AM

Only ones? Hardly; there are tons of primaries with their own uses and indeed they cover a lot of functions secondaries can't sufficiently perform (and for that matter, the only secondary that surpasses all primaries in raw DPS is Synoid Gammacor with strict range limitations). The trick is combining different weapons that fill in for each others' weaknesses. Just a quick list:

- Dread, Lanka & Paris Prime: They are all great. Dread is the best in content where you're running with 4 Corrosive Projections due to that removing Armor and Armor-type modifiers (tested here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEDrr3urK0)) leaving Slash-damage with the great proc and good bonuses. Paris Prime outperforms Dread vs. enemies with armor though. Both are superb for stealth missions such as Spy 2.0 or Rescue. Being Silent also goes great with stealth frames (especially Loki, but also to lesser extent unorthodox Ash-builds as well as blind-geared Mirage and Excalibur-builds) as enemies cannot pinpoint you if blinded and you use silent weapon (or Banshee's Silence). Lanka is a bit of a different beast with different firing mechanism but fills the same high damage silent sniper niche. Less crit means it benefits less of headshots though (headshot criticals deal further 2x damage compared to normal criticals and normal headshots; so you have Damage * Crit * Headshot * 2, thus making any weapon with 100%+ crit chance amazing for headshots), but it has a great moddable base element to compensate; easy to make e.g. Corrosive damage out of the whole of it giving it more damage than it would look like on the surface.

- Vectis & Opticor: Long range sniper options. Unlike Dread & co. they are both hitscan or near hitscan. Both require you to mod in punchthrough but between Shred and Metal Auger (mostly for Vectis), that's quite painless on rifles. Opticor in particular is an amazing silent sniper with awesome visuals (you mod it with Shred and Vile Acceleration cutting the charge-up time to acceptable levels) and AOE on impact. A very solid weapon that can reach huge burst without crits, nice for enemies you can't headshot (some Corpus stuff, certain bosses, etc.). Vectis, if you have Primed Chamber, is of course just about the highest damage weapon in the game (without Primed Chamber it's still good, about on par with Lasting Purity Vulkar). These are just about the best at killing enemies e.g. across the chasm on the huge Ice Planet Defense/Interception map (e.g. on Cerberus - Pluto) or Void Tower Defense/Interception map. In general, they great for high burst damage for picking off high level targets if you have a crowd clear secondary. For single shot weapons, Heavy Caliber hardly reduces accuracy all that much, making it quite painless.

- Torid: Torid is by far the most useful weapon for high level Void missions and insanely good vs. Corpus. Base Toxin damage is the best in the game, easily modded into Corrosive or Viral, or you can mod it into pure Toxin vs. shield-users to ignore the shields. The clouds remain on the cloud making it easy to nail hordes of enemies and most crucially, they affect Nullifiers without having to go through their nullification fields. Toxin-specced Torid absolutely wrecks them going through the shields and dealing bonus to their miniscule Flesh; easy to kill even level 150+ Nullifiers in few seconds. It's also an amazing weapon for solar rail fights (weapons start unmodded = base damage type is huge and Toxin goes through shields) - area control is insane when defending points, be it from players or AI and it's the only weapon that really offers it. One downside is that Heavy Caliber is programmed to make the grenades fly really imprecisely but being AOE, this is merely a minor issue. It's also a superb weapon for proccing status on masses.

- Soma Prime: Accurate, fairly high crit (for crit headshot doubling), extreme DPS, huge clip, huge ammo stock, this is just overall one of the best hitscan weapons in the game and probably the best allrounder weapon. It doesn't do anything special but it kills things at all ranges extremely well. Over 21k DPS even with Shred. While the base status chance is fairly low, the shots per round compensates enough that it can be used to proc relatively consistently at least one-proc stats like Viral or Radiation.

- Boltor Prime: Kinda worse than Soma Prime, but it nails enemies in masses dealing damage to the enemies behind them making it more lethal vs. masses with Shred. Also, not being hitscan does have the advantage that if you equip punchthrough (again, Shred is a must), it supercharges Nova's Antimatter Drop incredibly easily since it goes through it dealing damage all the way. Proccing is much the same as with Soma Prime; I like to use all-Viral in high level Void, while Corrosive/Blast is nice for basic infested/void/whatever.

- Amprex: Probably the best direct fire/non-explosive anti-mass weapon. It has insane status chance meaning it's easy to radiate ("mini-Nyx") enemy masses or Viral them for half HP (nice for high opponents), Electric for CC or whatever. Base Electric is not optimal but it's good for Corrosive, and the fact that it radiates from enemies means it hits a ton of enemies and punchthrough allows it to radiate from multiple enemies (again, Shred, while optional here, is really good). It also autohits so even Heavy Caliber doesn't hurt much, and it's a crit weapon so it can also scorch peoples' heads.

- Phage: With the introduction of Primed Point Blank, this is quite competitive with almost every weapon while having the option of either firing in huge arc or doing absolutely brutal damage to single targets. Base Viral has both, nice procs and extremely potent damage bonus to flesh; 4 Corrosive Projections and this cuts through Void like butter.

- Penta: Launching is silent (explosion certainly not) so it's fine for stealth frames and having huge controllable AOE explosions has fairly obvious benefit. It takes some getting used to and one has to be careful not to blow oneself up but in return you get a great AOE weapon with decent proc chances and solid damage.

- Latron Wraith & Latron Prime: Solid rifles with good damage, rate of fire, crit and accuracy; all-around fine weapons for any good shot looking for anything reliable.

Other useful options include Kohm, Synapse, Quanta, Boar Prime, Attica & Glaxion (Glaxion and Boar are status machines, the rest are various kinds of DPS options). Also, as Thunderbolt's damage doesn't scale, it's amusing but not all that efficient; even the Attica Thunderbolt builds only hit lower end DPS of the midrange weapons (around the levels of Grakata or Burston Prime).

It's more about the team composition than the individual frames. You generally want:
- Some way to protect the pod from stragglers. Frost, Limbo, Volt are the best options, each with their strengths and weaknesses. Frost's shield can be broken but if spammed enough, it'll stay forever. Limbo and Volt offer limitless protection but Limbo doesn't protect allies unless they skip on being able to easily damage enemies with weapons (abilities still work) and Volt needs to cast an awful lot of shields to cover the whole pod especially from Bombards, etc. Zephyr's Turbulence can also work here but it's not absolute protection from hitscan weapons and missiles so it's significantly more risky and should be supplemented with other means of defense. I recall Nyx's Absorb is currently too small to properly cover the whole pod.

- Crowd control. Loki to disarm all enemies and perhaps Irradiate them is probably the best especially since he can walk around safely to cast it on spawners but it should be supplemented with something like Banshee, Nova, Vauban, Nyx, Mirage (Prism Blind has massive range) or company.

- Damage. Level 100+ enemies, even with 4 Corrosive Projections, take a bit to kill. Some of the big damage multipliers really help with keeping enemies dead (combined with status procs and such). Options include Mirage (with Total Eclipse, 568% for the whole team), Banshee (Sonar, can add weak spots for 1400% damage multiplier), Nova (Antimatter Drop does ungodly amounts and Molecular Prime doubles damage) & various more niche options (stacked Volt Shields, Rhino's mini-Roar, etc.). I personally am a huge fan of Mirage/Banshee combination for damage as they also offer amazing crowd control but there are many ways to go. Mag's Shield Polarize significantly scales with enemy levels so it's one of the damage caster options if going late, but Nullifiers make using her a bit trickier (Toxin Torid helps a lot there tho). Ash and Saryn can also muster enough damage to remain useful up to ~1 hour mark, Saryn with min duration max PS Miasma and Ash with max PS Bladestorm.

- Optionally, you can add utility frames like Trinity (to save on Team Energy Restores by spamming Energy Vampire, and to keep everyone capped out on HP with Blessing), Nekros for loot/health restores & shadow tanking, Hydroid for Tentacle Swarm farming (with Pilfering Swarm) & some localized CC and the puddle to possibly heal up with Curative Undertow, etc.

In general, pod defense, CC and damage gets the job done. Stuff like Mag shield restore or Trinity healing is ultimately quite irrelevant; you should be more or less completely protected anyways. Still, they can be brought along for other reasons anyways. It's also worth noting that at least stuff like Rhino's Roar and Nova's MPrime work with abilities too, so if your group uses Saryn/Ash/Mesa/Valkyr/Mag (or Osiris forbid, Excalibur or Ember) for damage, those are something to think about. I'm fairly certain that Eclipse doesn't, but I'm not certain on others. Something to keep in mind anyways.

As an example, a couple of friends & I ran 60 rounds of T4D the other day with Nova/Mirage/Loki/Frost. Nova with max duration and 45% bonus PS (to max the slow on MPrime), Mirage with max PS, Total Eclipse and Stretch, Frost with max PS and Duration, Loki with max range, Irradiating Disarm & some duration. Frost shields the pod adding additional shields as necessary (there's no effective cap aside from energy and with Synoid Gammacors plus Large Team Energy Restores, that's not a real factor), Nova and Loki CC all non-Nullifier protected enemies and Mirage cleans up early levels fast and provides the lategame DPS as well as extra CC in blind. Lategame Total Eclipse plus Antimatter Drop plus Molecular Prime with 4 Corrosive Projections leads to more than enough damage.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-01, 08:24 PM
- Penta: Launching is silent (explosion certainly not) so it's fine for stealth frames and having huge controllable AOE explosions has fairly obvious benefit. It takes some getting used to and one has to be careful not to blow oneself up but in return you get a great AOE weapon with decent proc chances and solid damage.

Does the Ogris still have zero noise? XD

Anyway, I have two reactors. One of them I should probably save for Syndicates, though I need a Catalyst first. :smallannoyed: I'm building/leveling four frames: Trinity, Frost, Zephyr, Valkyr. Which one should I use Reactor on? I'm guessing Valkyr since she's basically Rhino+ from what I hear.

Eldariel
2015-03-01, 09:35 PM
Does the Ogris still have zero noise? XD

Yup. And in an amazing feat of consistency, Stug isn't, on the other hand. At least they finally made Angstrum's launching silent :smalltongue:

IFenrys
2015-03-02, 09:18 AM
Anyway, I have two reactors. One of them I should probably save for Syndicates, though I need a Catalyst first. :smallannoyed: I'm building/leveling four frames: Trinity, Frost, Zephyr, Valkyr. Which one should I use Reactor on? I'm guessing Valkyr since she's basically Rhino+ from what I hear.

In order for the frames you listed: Valkyr=>Zephyr=>Trinity. Don't bother potatoing Frost - get a Frost Prime, then potato that. As for the other 3, Valkyr is probably the best choice, though I admit I'm biased toward any frame that's suited for melee combat.

Eldariel
2015-03-02, 12:53 PM
In order for the frames you listed: Valkyr=>Zephyr=>Trinity. Don't bother potatoing Frost - get a Frost Prime, then potato that. As for the other 3, Valkyr is probably the best choice, though I admit I'm biased toward any frame that's suited for melee combat.

If you like melee combat, I give a hearty endorsement for Melee Trinity. It might not look like it at first but her skillset makes her a fearsome melee frame. Energy Vampire is easy to spam in lieu of her attacks giving her effectively infinite energy. What does this do for melee? Well, you can channel every single hit! That's actually a substantial damage buff for melee weapons. Add Lifestrike, Channeling enhancements or whatever to taste. Further, Link gives her crowd control immunity as long as there are enemies in range; unlike Rhino's, this can't end at an inconvenient time. As a bonus, enemies deal themselves hefty damage so while she has no straight-up offensive powers, Link does plenty of damage (and Energy Vampire too for that matter). Finally, she of course has Blessing so if she were to ever go low she can just instantly top herself (and her team) out. Overall, near-immortality, crowd control immunity and damage multiplier (plus incidental team utility)? It's a really nice combination if you ask me.

In the bigger picture, I'd say Trinity is by far the most generally useful frame of that set. It's the only frame that restores energy efficiently in the game (Limbo does too after a fashion, but not nearly as quickly) making it desired if not necessary in almost all organized group content - a group with Trinity doesn't need to run energy restores. The fact that Trinity also gives everyone massive damage reduction, keeps everyone topped out on HP and has crowd control immunity, enemy radar & two "stun"-abilities is just icing on the cake. It's also probably the best tank frame in the game, far as absorbing damage goes. Ultimately, compared to Zephyr or Valkyr, she's much better in groups. All 3 are good solo frames and Valkyr & Trinity are two of the game's best Nightmare frames; due to energy drain possibility in Nightmare I do prefer Trinity but Valkyr is certainly more than capable as well. Zephyr a bit less so but she's still quite tanky naturally and Turbulence, her best power for utility purposes, is absolutely amazing for protecting her (and her group and pods) from shooters, and Jet Stream adds further utility to it by adding speed and projectile speed to the mix. And of course, she's incredibly mobile with Tail Wind and her passive (her passive makes her probably the best obstacle course frame in the game).

Now, Trinity v.s. Rhino v.s. Valkyr for tanking, these are the 3 "traditional" tank options (there's also stuff like Limbo, Nekros, Ash & co. but they work a bit differently).
Valkyr is by far the tankiest without powers, at her 600 armor. For this reason, she's amazingly well-suited for bruising in Nullifier fields but that's really the only case where that's a factor. Valkyr's greatest weakness is lacking crowd control immunity even in Hysteria and of course lacking ranged options aside from Ripline. She can also be energy drained and while she can run Rage to regenerate the energy, it's still possible to run her out; and without Warcry/Hysteria, she's already far less of an imposing frontline. For melee groups, Warcry is of course a great team buff, but only Valkyr, Rhino, Frost, Oberon and Saryn get any reasonable defensive value out of it (and even of that group, only Valkyr truly makes good use of it; but she can go immortal anyways).
Rhino basically just has Iron Skin for tanking. His base stats are great too but since his best defense is Shields and Iron Skin, his reasonable Armor-value goes almost entirely wasted. Iron Skin has crowd control immunity and it blocks most procs and annoying things of that nature and unlike Trinity's Link, it works even when there are no enemies nearby: relevant for e.g. Grineer/Corpus Magnetic/Laser Doors. The biggest downside is that he's by far the most mortal of these 3 lacking defensive steroids that would make him more or less impossible to kill. He has the best Crowd Control in Rhino Stomp and he's got decent utility with Roar though so he has that going on for him.
Trinity tanks with Blessing and Link. Blessing can give her a massive damage reduction and Link gives her great damage reduction and crowd control immunity. Her distinctive factor, as touched upon before, is Energy Vampire which gives the whole group essentially infinite energy, herself included. In Infested missions with lots of energy draining in particular this is a real blessing. Also, her effective HP can reach millions which means she can be more than sufficiently tanky to tank even level 1000+ enemies if need be. Infinite Energy of course has tons of benefits, not least of which is also further survivability for Quick Thinking/Primed Flow-using frames (a setup that works great on Trinity herself).

Ultimately, my advice would be to focus on whichever you enjoy playing the most but if you want to know which of those frames has the most uses, I'd go with Trinity in a heartbeat. It's probably the most commonly requested frame for various things in Recruitment, it's a great solo frame, it's a great melee frame, it's a great utility frame and it's a great tank. Valkyr is good at one thing, Zephyr has some uses but Trinity is good at a ton of things (and Frost is basically good at Defense/Mobile Defense/Excavation and certain Survival camp strategies, but I echo the Frost Prime recommendation).

NEO|Phyte
2015-03-02, 01:03 PM
Zephyr is also surprisingly tanky, so long as the damage is coming from a ranged source, and said ranged tanking is also shared with anything/one you stand next to. Turbulence is wonderful like that. And as a bonus, with the Jet Stream augment, it doubles as a speed boost.

Partysan
2015-03-02, 03:40 PM

That sounds like a good idea. I'll be doing that.

Vhaidara
2015-03-02, 03:47 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I'll be doing that.

Oh, and you can then turn it into the Akjagara, which is a status machine because of Multishot.
Inherent 100% multishot +120% from a Maxed Barrel Diffusion, +60% from a maxed Lethal Torrent = 280% multishot, or 3.8 bullets per shot. Combo with Seeker (punch through) and any event mods you can manage to track down (the +element/+status mods) and you are churning out a ton of procs every shot (and a lot of shots)

Snowbluff
2015-03-02, 11:12 PM
Can I just say that you've convinced me to make a Hysteria Valkyr? :smalltongue:

Eldariel
2015-03-03, 04:41 PM
Can I just say that you've convinced me to make a Hysteria Valkyr? :smalltongue:

Good choice :smalltongue: While I strongly recommend everyone to give Trinity a try too (seriously, melee Trinity is fun and she's real useful to have), Valkyr is a hilarious frame, a great Spiderwoman (Ripline is cool and gives her a ranged attack in Hysteria too) and absolutely immortal. Also the tankiest frame in the game with no powers in effect; 600 Armor with Vitality and Steel Fiber does that for ya. Add to that an armor buff that comes tacked onto a melee boost and you're good to go; immortality rounds it all out nicely (if you can't kill something, just jump away before Hysteria ends and you won't take damage; it's impossible to die with Valkyr if you're careful and don't get energy drained). The only downside is Paralysis being disappointing as she has no base shields (and thus Shield boosting mods do little on her) but even it has its uses.

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Valkyr was my main for a long time. Personally can't wait for Valkyr Prime.

Stopped using her as much when I decided to branch out into trickier frames. Mirage was my next main, and Limbo is quickly accelerating into my top frame list There's just something satisfying about Limbo with the Jat-Kittag.

Oh, and the datamining has determined that Volt Prime is coming in with the Kogake Prime. Personally, I'm still hoping the other prime weapon is the Vectis. I want a primed sniper.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-03, 05:04 PM
Yay, Catalyst blueprint alert! Now I just gotta wait for it to build so I can rank up Steel Meridian... I'll just use the Cephalon Suda sigil in the meantime.

I think the alert's got half an hour left. Dunno.

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 05:20 PM
Advice: If you want good gear, go for Suda first. Synoid Gammacor is the strongest weapon in the game currently. Highest DPS, fantastic ammo efficiency, and an insanely good proc.

Leon
2015-03-03, 05:23 PM
ooh pKogake, ive just started using the regular one and really like it. Brutal Tide Stance and things go flying with the slide attack

Snowbluff
2015-03-03, 06:12 PM
Good choice :smalltongue: While I strongly recommend everyone to give Trinity a try too (seriously, melee Trinity is fun and she's real useful to have), Valkyr is a hilarious frame, a great Spiderwoman (Ripline is cool and gives her a ranged attack in Hysteria too) and absolutely immortal. Also the tankiest frame in the game with no powers in effect; 600 Armor with Vitality and Steel Fiber does that for ya. Add to that an armor buff that comes tacked onto a melee boost and you're good to go; immortality rounds it all out nicely (if you can't kill something, just jump away before Hysteria ends and you won't take damage; it's impossible to die with Valkyr if you're careful and don't get energy drained). The only downside is Paralysis being disappointing as she has no base shields (and thus Shield boosting mods do little on her) but even it has its uses. I have a friend who uses it. It's awesome.

I'll pick up a trinity, too.

Yeah, Valkyr was my main for a long time. Personally can't wait for Valkyr Prime.

Stopped using her as much when I decided to branch out into trickier frames. Mirage was my next main, and Limbo is quickly accelerating into my top frame list There's just something satisfying about Limbo with the Jat-Kittag. I really want a limbo, but I have to do a damn Archwing mission. It sucks how hard it is to get good mods on that thing.

I think my biggest problem is that my weapon lineup is full of weapons bad for Hysteria. I have Orthos P, D Nikana, Tipedo, Dakra. All fast weapons. :P

Oh, and the datamining has determined that Volt Prime is coming in with the Kogake Prime. Personally, I'm still hoping the other prime weapon is the Vectis. I want a primed sniper. Eh... I'm not sure. I haven't used a sniper, but it sounds like an OK idea. I think I'll play with a sniper next.

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 06:23 PM
Snowbluff, the tipedo is one of the best hysteria weapons. Hysteria inherits the attack speed of the weapon you're using as well as it's base damages. Further, the tipedo's high crit rate lets you build up berzerker stacks, which, because they are built on your frame, will translate to an attack speed increase at the beginning of your hysteria

Snowbluff
2015-03-03, 06:28 PM
Snowbluff, the tipedo is one of the best hysteria weapons. Hysteria inherits the attack speed of the weapon you're using as well as it's base damages. Further, the tipedo's high crit rate lets you build up berzerker stacks, which, because they are built on your frame, will translate to an attack speed increase at the beginning of your hysteria

Crap, really. Well, I know I'll be leveling that one up.

Too bad it's suck an ugly weapon. Weird stuff like the Orthos P I can put up with, but giving us that kind of blade on a stick instead of a cool one like a halberd or bec de corbin (where are the puncturing melee weapons?) just because it's more Asian really makes the aesthetic feel forced.

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 06:30 PM
Eh, the monk's spade is a solid looking weapon. And the Orthos is actually one of my favorites aesthetically.

Snowbluff
2015-03-03, 06:33 PM
Eh, the monk's spade is a solid looking weapon. And the Orthos is actually one of my favorites aesthetically.

Nikanas (100% because it goes on my waist so it doesn't clip. I wish my Dakra would do that) Regular Orthos > Orthos P (less symmetrical) => A bunch of other stuff >>>>>>>>>>> monk weapons. What next, will we get 1d6 for our unarmed strike?

EDIT: Actually, if they are giving us shovels as weapons, can we get dual army excavation tools (little blade shovel) and a power drill secondary? That way we can equip the Miter/Pantera for maxiumu handiness.

Wait, some of the secondaries already look like drills, right?

IFenrys
2015-03-03, 06:56 PM
Nikanas (100% because it goes on my waist so it doesn't clip. I wish my Dakra would do that) Regular Orthos > Orthos P (less symmetrical) => A bunch of other stuff >>>>>>>>>>> monk weapons. What next, will we get 1d6 for our unarmed strike?

EDIT: Actually, if they are giving us shovels as weapons, can we get dual army excavation tools (little blade shovel) and a power drill secondary? That way we can equip the Miter/Pantera for maxiumu handiness.

Wait, some of the secondaries already look like drills, right?
"Doesn't clip" my ass, it clips into the hip of every Warframe I've used it on. Hydroid and Rhino are particularly bad offenders, with Loki coming in at a close second. I still love it, especially with the new Gemini sheath, but you'd think they could adjust the placement on the frames with bulkier waist areas.

Snowbluff
2015-03-03, 06:57 PM
with my other weapons, syndana, and nova reactors on my back* :smalltongue:

I do think they should adjust it for the bulkier frames. I mean, the hardpoints should be coded correctly, right?

I also think you should get the option to move weapons to different hardpoints. I'd use my Dakra more if I could wear it on my waist, since I like the look better and it's easier to match colors with my prime frames.

IFenrys
2015-03-03, 07:33 PM
with my other weapons, syndana, and nova reactors on my back* :smalltongue:

I do think they should adjust it for the bulkier frames. I mean, the hardpoints should be coded correctly, right?

I also think you should get the option to move weapons to different hardpoints. I'd use my Dakra more if I could wear it on my waist, since I like the look better and it's easier to match colors with my prime frames.

I really like the idea of being able to choose our own placement, though I can see why it's not an option now - the draw animations are probably made with their current placements in mind, so that's not likely to change anytime soon :(

I did find at least one frame that can use it without issue, though - doesn't clip on my Ash. So that's something. It'll probably look fine on my Excal Prime too.

Come to think of it, why HAVEN'T I tried it on the frame themed around swordplay?

EDIT: It clips through his #%@$ing ARM.

Eldariel
2015-03-03, 08:11 PM

I could almost swear attack speed is not inherited and hasn't been for almost half a year (and indeed, Wiki makes no mention of it being inherited anymore); last I checked only melee damage and crit chance and crit multiplier from the weapon, along with any Berserker-procs you might've had previously, affected your Hysteria stats (and thus the only relevant mods are Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, True Steel, Organ Shatter and any remaining Berserker-procs from pre-Hysteria). Scindo Prime was heads and shoulders above most of the competition number-wise (with Jat Kittag, Fragor and Dual Cleavers coming somewhat close) especially with Power Strength on Valkyr, particularly with the Manticore Skin having essentially no drawbacks in Hysteria.

I really want a limbo, but I have to do a damn Archwing mission. It sucks how hard it is to get good mods on that thing.

It shouldn't be hard to find someone to help you or even get you some of the mods. I had a clanmate trade me most of the good weapon ones. Then I just potatoed my Imperator and leveled it and all was well in the world. Just sitting with energy restores and spamming missiles is also a way to clear that mission now that it's fixed. Back in the day it was actually almost impossible if you had any lag since there were invisible enemies capping points and preventing you from countercapping but that's since been fixed :smalltongue: (it was still doable with ridiculous missile spam, just stupidly expensive and I forgot to pick up enough of those Fragments so I had to do it thrice).

Limbo is worth it though. My Top 5 favorite frames are probably Mirage, Limbo, Loki, Volt, Banshee (with Nova, Nekros, Zephyr, Ash & Nyx trailing ever-so-slightly behind) in approximately that order and Limbo just has so many uses that it's easy to slam him anywhere and profit. He's also the uncrowned Solar Rail Conflict God though of course, those have asinine amounts of issues so that's not saying that much.

Krade
2015-03-03, 11:37 PM
Can you trade the Limbo things (I forget what they're called) that you get from the Archwing mission?

If you can, I'll gladly donate to anyone's cause. I think I got something like 30 more than I needed the ONE time I did that mission. I was so happy that I'd never have to do it again.

Edit: Just checked, I have 17 of them, and you need a minimum of 9 to get all the Limbo parts, more if you fail the excavations (protip: don't do that:smallwink:). So if you can trade them, they are free for the taking.

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 11:45 PM
Sadly, no, you can't. But if anyone needs help, I know Fenrys enjoys Archwing, and I'm willing to spend revives on my Excal to help people run them.

Eldariel
2015-03-04, 06:49 AM
Sadly, no, you can't. But if anyone needs help, I know Fenrys enjoys Archwing, and I'm willing to spend revives on my Excal to help people run them.

Likewise, I'll help if asked. I should also be able to trade most of the basic Archwing weapon mods to anyone in the need relatively cheap.

IFenrys
2015-03-04, 08:53 AM
I always welcome an opportunity to work on my new Archwing gear :D

Loving the Dual Decurion, now all I need to be happy with Archwing is a nice enormous pair of space claws. Or a Dual Centaur, that would be close enough.

Leon
2015-03-04, 11:01 AM
If Archwing was as Fun and rewarding as a Ground mission i'd be interested but as it stands it not. As long as your not speed running a ground mission you can collect a lot of loot and money ~ spend the same time in an Archwing mission and you will be lucky to get a card (half the time its going to be a Core not a mod) and a pittance of resources and credits.

IFenrys
2015-03-04, 05:27 PM
If Archwing was as Fun and rewarding as a Ground mission i'd be interested but as it stands it not. As long as your not speed running a ground mission you can collect a lot of loot and money ~ spend the same time in an Archwing mission and you will be lucky to get a card (half the time its going to be a Core not a mod) and a pittance of resources and credits.

It's kinda crap for farming, yeah, but they do seem to have the gameplay down - in the right mission type, Archwing is fantastic entertainment. Personally, I want to see Archwing Excavation - asteroid mining for the win :D

Actually, that might solve the resource issue too, yeah? We'd have to get something other than cryotic, though. Always thought it was kind of stupid that EVERY Excavation rewards cryotic, including PHOBOS THE DESERT WORLD. Mix up the resources a little, guys - maybe let us mine oxium somewhere. Hell, I'll take RUBEDO. It's at the very least more believable.

Snowbluff
2015-03-04, 06:10 PM
So there isn't a consensus on how Valkyr works? Disappointing.

Yeah, it totally blows to the third power. If it didn't require it's own mods and affinity, maybe it would be acceptable, but it's not in any way connected to the real game.

It could be fun and less annoying if I could use my real mods from my real weapons.

NEO|Phyte
2015-03-04, 06:22 PM
+1ing that Archwing has potential, but it's currently too disconnected from the rest of the game. I've got all the archwing shinies leveled to 30 and all my dojo research tellurium processed, so I have absolutely zero reason to touch it.

One good step in the right direction would be hybrid missions, like in the archwing introduction quest where you start in a regular mission then transition to archwing after a Balor shows up to blap the ship you're on.

Similarly, you should be able to start in archwing to breach a ship, then do legwork on the ship itself.

Snowbluff
2015-03-04, 06:37 PM
+1ing that Archwing has potential, but it's currently too disconnected from the rest of the game. I've got all the archwing shinies leveled to 30 and all my dojo research tellurium processed, so I have absolutely zero reason to touch it.

One good step in the right direction would be hybrid missions, like in the archwing introduction quest where you start in a regular mission then transition to archwing after a Balor shows up to blap the ship you're on.

Similarly, you should be able to start in archwing to breach a ship, then do legwork on the ship itself.

This, but only if we get to use our regular mods, or if archwing mods were more common and easier to level. It'd suck to do a mission, but then get stuck on your archwing without proper weapons.

Krade
2015-03-04, 07:24 PM
Ugh, this Tactical Alert.

"What's that?" DE asked, "You hate Archwing? Well here's a nice little event for you that's Archwing only!"

The rewards are barely worth it (Unless you NEED a Catalyst). The only good thing about it is that you also get 5 R5 Cores each time you do the mission, which still sucks because there're WAY better ways to farm R5 Cores.

I've done it twice so far and got 73 Ogma Elite kills. Too bad you need 300 for all the rewards so it'll take 8-10 runs to finish the whole thing. Whoopee...

Vhaidara
2015-03-04, 07:30 PM
It's for good reason. Update 16 is going to include the J3 Golem rework, giving us an Archwing boss fight.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-04, 07:57 PM
Auugh I do need that Catalyst, I haven't even finished the Archwing quests, and I'm on "vacation" for two days.

Leon
2015-03-04, 08:17 PM

She works pretty much as you'd expect a Tough Berzerker to work. Pending what your facing and its level things can change a bit but otherwise she's fast mobile and durable with Limited Self healing and Invincibility, a nice Buff and some utility.
My General Purpose Setup for Valkyr: http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_040002002_2-4-8-3-8-5-5-3-5-13-6-3-19-0-6-30-7-3-47-1-5-59-5-3-481-2-7_19-10-47-6-481-11-5-9-2-10-59-5-13-13-30-13-3-18_0/en/1-0-19 Weapons chosen partly on what im fighting and partly on what i feel like using ~ particularly Melee and my Secondary these days its almost always my Vaykor Marelok

Well least im not missing out on anything with this alert, money is nice but i have 2 Built Forma, 19 BPs, 1 each of the Potatoes and 4 spare Bps each of them

Eldariel
2015-03-04, 08:39 PM

Things change every now and then, hard for the community at large to keep track at all times. I understand it's still the same though:
Hysteria Damage: (300+Weapon Base Damage)*1.75*Power Strength (& Pressure Point/Spoiled Strike/Steel Charge affect Weapon Damage) split evenly among Impact, Puncture and Slash
Hysteria Crit: 25% + Weapon Crit chance to crit, 2/5 for the crit to do 1*Weapon Crit Multiplier and 3/5 for the crit to do 2*Weapon Crit Multiplier

Hysteria also retains the ground slam of the original weapon (so e.g. Jat Kittag Hysteria slams send people flying). Refer to Hysteria (Weapon) (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_%28Weapon%29) on the Wiki for more details.

Dhavaer
2015-03-06, 05:14 AM
Is there a way to tell if a mission contains a datum or medallion without actually finding it?

Eldariel
2015-03-06, 07:00 AM
Is there a way to tell if a mission contains a datum or medallion without actually finding it?

No, but Defense/Interception maps tend to have none or very few (sometimes I've had 1-2) - they give more straight-up Rep to compensate though. Otherwise they're usually there; Loot Detector/Thief's Wit will help you find them particularly if you're not that familiar with rare cache locations on the tileset. When you find the first, you'll know how many of course.

Krade
2015-03-06, 04:00 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is one of you guys Gilalar? I got a friend request shortly after posting my ID on here but no one that I saw here had that name and he wasn't on my recent player list, either.

In other news, I really don't wanna finish this event but at the same time I don't want to not do it, either. #firstworldproblems

Eldariel
2015-03-06, 05:43 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is one of you guys Gilalar? I got a friend request shortly after posting my ID on here but no one that I saw here had that name and he wasn't on my recent player list, either.

That would be me, though I have no memory of sending any friend requests. Well, if you got one, I must've sent one so I suppose my memory is just bad.

Krade
2015-03-06, 09:41 PM
That would be me, though I have no memory of sending any friend requests. Well, if you got one, I must've sent one so I suppose my memory is just bad.

Well now we're friends! Hooray!

New Gift of the Lotus mission up with the TennoLive stream. Catalyst Blueprint. Be warned: There are a LOT of Napalms in this mission. It was fun.

Edit: Doing T1 Survival to get the Loki Prime Chassis. Send out recruit advertisement that includes "Only going to 20 minutes. Bring whatever." First response: "Can I join? I have max damage synoid gammacore and I can be nova prime, frost prime, trinity or nekros if I need to be, and I am rank 16." So I didn't invite him.

IFenrys
2015-03-08, 08:25 PM
So I finally got my Nyx Prime, and I'm trying to do a goofy build for her based entirely around Radiation procs, specifically so that I can have "MKULTRA" listed in my loadout menu. Any ideas for the primary? I've got the Dark Sword and Secura Dual Cestra picked out for this one(hooray for PS's Radiation-based Sequence effect :D).

Vhaidara
2015-03-08, 08:28 PM
Amprex with a heat mod

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-08, 08:30 PM
Or Synapse.

Eldariel
2015-03-08, 08:59 PM
There's also the radiant Boar Prime. With Seeking Force and stat proc stuff, it hits a nice bunch of people for a nice bunch of Radiation with a nice proc chance.

Well now we're friends! Hooray!

New Gift of the Lotus mission up with the TennoLive stream. Catalyst Blueprint. Be warned: There are a LOT of Napalms in this mission. It was fun.

Huzzah! And yeah, that alert is just about the best place to farm Rage for those interested (and just to kill a lot of those Napabuggers for those not). Bonus points for using Ember, of course.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-08, 09:55 PM
Gotta get more fusion cores and credits... trying to rank up my Steel Fiber and Vitality for Valkyr. -_-

Angron Valkyr is totally my main now. Gotta keep ranking up that Steel Meridian for Justice Blades so I can put it on Dual Cleavers, which according to this (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUjUruBAH0FKMqCqPjhXhfypncff1KadASoltFgrXmM/edit?usp=sharing) beats out Scindo Prime as the best damage on Hysteria. Also trying to get Detonite Injectors for Jat Kittag, need only one more after siding with the Grineer on one invasion.

Also since only syndicates that I'm in the bad books of demand Reactors, I can reactor TWO frames! I'll probably use the other one on Trinity.

Krade
2015-03-08, 10:02 PM
So I finally got my Nyx Prime, and I'm trying to do a goofy build for her based entirely around Radiation procs, specifically so that I can have "MKULTRA" listed in my loadout menu. Any ideas for the primary? I've got the Dark Sword and Secura Dual Cestra picked out for this one(hooray for PS's Radiation-based Sequence effect :D).

As an alternative to the Secura Cestra's, the Detron is all radiation damage. It can be a bit harder to get though, and, if you can, I'd suggest grabbing the Mara Detron (no idea if the Void Trader will ever have it again, though:smallfrown:).

Eldariel
2015-03-08, 10:25 PM
Gotta get more fusion cores and credits... trying to rank up my Steel Fiber and Vitality for Valkyr. -_-

Angron Valkyr is totally my main now. Gotta keep ranking up that Steel Meridian for Justice Blades so I can put it on Dual Cleavers, which according to this (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUjUruBAH0FKMqCqPjhXhfypncff1KadASoltFgrXmM/edit?usp=sharing) beats out Scindo Prime as the best damage on Hysteria.

That doesn't seem to account for the Manticore-skin on Scindo Prime which would push it ahead. Otherwise horrible but since Hysteria doesn't care about attack speed, the skin does actually make it work.

Oh, and for Cores? If you have any of Nekros/Mag/Banshee, try and get onto an E-Gate farm group. The setup can easily generate 1800 mods in an hour, about 400 of which are Cores (mostly Common 3 Cores but they get the job done) and the whole grind comes with so much creds and mods to sell that you can afford to max mods quite painlessly. I don't normally use such grinds myself; I feel it's kinda missing the point of the game. But with it being practically impossible to get reasonable amounts of Cores the normal way ever since the T4S Core drop nerfs, I'll have to say that it does make life a lot easier (and it's not like Core-grinding is a particularly engaging play experience either way).

IFenrys
2015-03-09, 07:31 AM
Thank you for the excellent suggestions, all. I now have a few ideas to work with, including one that I found while goofing around with leveling gear - apparently, the Mutalist Quanta's alt fire has a 100% chance to proc Radiation.

As an alternative to the Secura Cestra's, the Detron is all radiation damage. It can be a bit harder to get though, and, if you can, I'd suggest grabbing the Mara Detron (no idea if the Void Trader will ever have it again, though:smallfrown:).
I do actually have the Mara Detron variant, and I got a Detron about 2 days after it was released to the masses. RNGesus was with me there :D

Now the Brakk, on the other hand... RNGesus was NOT with me there. Only got that very recently, and just in time to find out that there's going to be a Prisma variant :(

That doesn't seem to account for the Manticore-skin on Scindo Prime which would push it ahead. Otherwise horrible but since Hysteria doesn't care about attack speed, the skin does actually make it work.
In theory, yes. But, that requires the Manticore skin to be usable with Scindo Prime. That ability has, unfortunately, been patched out.

Eldariel
2015-03-09, 07:46 AM
In theory, yes. But, that requires the Manticore skin to be usable with Scindo Prime. That ability has, unfortunately, been patched out.

Huh. I've been out of loop for too long to miss something so obvious. Thanks for the pointer.

Vhaidara
2015-03-09, 08:12 AM
Now the Brakk, on the other hand... RNGesus was NOT with me there. Only got that very recently, and just in time to find out that there's going to be a Prisma variant :(

:smallbiggrin:

For those not in the know, I got all three parts from my first G3 encounter. Drove him nuts.

IFenrys
2015-03-09, 11:25 AM
:smallbiggrin:

For those not in the know, I got all three parts from my first G3 encounter. Drove him nuts.
Yes, this was infuriating.

Eldariel
2015-03-09, 01:28 PM
Bleh. I spent a whole week (50+ hours) hunting for the G3 to get the Brakk. And I still don't have Detron to the day with about 900 hours of gameplay; a bunch of Receivers and Barrels, sure, but the bloody Hunter just doesn't have the BP (well, he hardly shows up ever at all). Stalker at least had the courtesy to drop both Hate and Despair in a row after the 40+ Dreads or nothings. Right now I'm in the position where Detron and clantech are the only Secondaries I have yet to level but the Hunter isn't showing any signs of cooperation.

EDIT: Yeah, thanks Hiro.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-09, 02:43 PM
Right now I'm in the position where Dread and clantech are the only Secondaries I have yet to level but the Hunter isn't showing any signs of cooperation.

Uh... I think you mean Detron, not Dread.

Snowbluff
2015-03-09, 03:39 PM
Tomb of the Sentient announced.

http://youtu.be/4AHK0PKxnlQ

SOmeone in the facebook comment said "goodbye Destiny." I quietly reminded him about the worst part of Warframe (the PvP).

Warframe = farming wave PvE with space ninjas.
Destiny = fun PvP with space wizards.
Borderlands = oh god why bullet sponges crap tier!

Leon
2015-03-10, 12:59 AM
As long as they are not at the level of Annoyance as Nullifers and Infested MOAs new stuff is good (except the part where they announced the removal of the Void)

IFenrys
2015-03-10, 11:29 AM
As long as they are not at the level of Annoyance as Nullifers and Infested MOAs new stuff is good (except the part where they announced the removal of the Void)

Just the removal of the Void as we know it. It's not going to be gone entirely, at least that's what I got out of it, it'll just be different and have a different means of access.

Still kinda stupid, but we'll still be able to go to the awesome shiny golden places, so there you go.

Snowbluff
2015-03-10, 11:30 AM
YEah, I wonder what that will be like. I like the void. It's creepy.

I think showing off the Sentient might be a mistake. They're villains of presence. ON the other hand, I love the Vex from Destiny, so this might be cool.

Krade
2015-03-10, 01:45 PM
Ugh, finally sold that stupid Vasto Prime set. You'd think that it being new more people would want it. I had to lower the price all the way to 30 plat just to find a buyer.

Also sold a Loki Prime set for 125 plat. I'm told it "usually goes for 200" but I doubt people advertising that price often find buyers.

Eldariel
2015-03-10, 02:15 PM
Ugh, finally sold that stupid Vasto Prime set. You'd think that it being new more people would want it. I had to lower the price all the way to 30 plat just to find a buyer.

Also sold a Loki Prime set for 125 plat. I'm told it "usually goes for 200" but I doubt people advertising that price often find buyers.

I've sold my latest two Loki P Sets at 200p or more within an hour of beginning the sale. It's not just about the price: server, time and luck are all huge factors too (if you don't have time to sell actively, you can always use the Trading Post (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/180-trading-post/) on the forums; I've had decent experiences the few times I've used it). As such, simply lowering the price if somebody doesn't buy it immediately is something of a poor solution; you aren't really solving the problem (finding a buyer) but you are reducing your own profit for when you do find a buyer (though go low enough and a reseller will buy your set). It sounds like you were selling at a time when nobody who had the plat and the desire to buy Loki P was online: the person you sold the Loki P to is almost certainly simply going to resell the set at twice the price. I've seen plenty of WTBs for Loki P Systems alone at 100p range so getting the whole set going only slightly over that is an insane bargain (Helm can go for 40p alone too; Chassis a bit less and BP for far less but still).

Few tips based on personal experience: NA West seems to on average have the highest paying people (then NA East, then Europe; it's very cheap to buy almost anything on EU btw). Weekend evenings (local time) seem to be prime times for buying. And of course, you need to be willing to say "no" and also just save stuff for the next time you're selling - finding people actually looking for the stuff you have is quite high variance - one day you might run into 3 people wanting a full Nyx P Set and the next you meet none.

YEah, I wonder what that will be like. I like the void. It's creepy.

I'm not a big fan of that news either. Basically they say we have to go through planets to get to Void towers, but...well, currently by far my favorite place in the game is the Void. I love the ambience, the architecture and overall just the place. The fact that the tileset is cool and it has a decently challenging mix of enemies to boot doesn't hurt either. As such, unless I have to actually farm something I play almost solely Void missions. On the flipside, I'm allergic to Sedna and not a big fan of most planets really. But I won't judge it yet, perhaps it'll be a positive surprise.

Snowbluff
2015-03-10, 02:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of that news either. Basically they say we have to go through planets to get to Void towers, but...well, currently by far my favorite place in the game is the Void. I love the ambience, the architecture and overall just the place. The fact that the tileset is cool and it has a decently challenging mix of enemies to boot doesn't hurt either. As such, unless I have to actually farm something I play almost solely Void missions. On the flipside, I'm allergic to Sedna and not a big fan of most planets really. But I won't judge it yet, perhaps it'll be a positive surprise.

I'mo not expecting anything too bad. I really like the emptiness the Void missions convey. The styling of the architecture and decoration makes it look like a living area. But it's just so empty!

For the record, I live in NA, and I got the Loki P for 110.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-10, 08:38 PM
So sitting in Trade chat is a good way of getting stuff. Got Cleaving Whirlwind for 15 plat. Now I can sell that or Tempo Royale for so much plat.

Eldariel
2015-03-12, 01:37 PM
Puh. Reactor Invasion on Sedna, though I guess it's over now. Barely got it myself, making it home with the Invasion at 96%. Saryn to the rescue tho.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-12, 02:58 PM
Nu I missed it, stupid school. :smallfrown::smalltongue:

Considering reactors are only needed for the syndicates I'm in the bad books of anyway, I still have a spare one. And I basically only want just the one for Frost Prime on high levels of Defense. I could easily play Valkyr and nothing else for high-level content.

Also, I got my Rhino Prime Helmet and Boar Prime Barrel (as well as a decent haul of credits from the Mobile Defenses... which I'll probably just spend far too quickly), so I'm set for Steel Meridian.

Vhaidara
2015-03-12, 03:07 PM
Considering reactors are only needed for the syndicates I'm in the bad books of anyway, I still have a spare one. And I basically only want just the one for Frost Prime on high levels of Defense. I could easily play Valkyr and nothing else for high-level content.

Valkyr doesn't hold up so well once you start running later towers. She actually goes down surprisingly quickly once Nullifiers come out (since you can't fight them in Hysteria). Also, that makes her really bad at Corpus missions (Corpus are really good against armor and not so good against shields).

I do recommend trying other frames. I've been maining Mirage and Limbo of late, though the Gentleman is less for serious missions and more for just having style.

Krade
2015-03-12, 03:30 PM
I do recommend trying other frames. I've been maining Mirage and Limbo of late, though the Gentleman is less for serious missions and more for just having style.
Oh man, Mirage. I just used her a bit again after a long hiatus. Threw on my 4-forma Kohm and the Jet Kitty with a Rank 7 Primed Reach and tons of explosive damage for giggles. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Snowbluff
2015-03-12, 03:35 PM
Mirage is really funny to play as. Pew pew pew.

I want an Attica Prime, and I want it to be OP.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-12, 04:00 PM
Valkyr doesn't hold up so well once you start running later towers. She actually goes down surprisingly quickly once Nullifiers come out (since you can't fight them in Hysteria). Also, that makes her really bad at Corpus missions (Corpus are really good against armor and not so good against shields).

I'll be trying my Zephyr... at some point. And I still have Trinity. Will probably build Nekros and Nyx, and Vauban if the RNG rolls in my favor.

You can hit the nullifier shields with melee attacks, it's just a bit tricky to not overshoot. I should be able to afford some caution with my invincibility.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'll build the Angstrum at some point. Hate to give up my Marelok, but as Valkyr I should be fine without it. Just using Tiberon or Hek as my primary to kill stuff at range (with my Hell's Chamber I'm now seriously considering potatoing my Hek).

Eldariel
2015-03-12, 04:47 PM
Mirage is probably my favorite frame and IMHO the best-designed warframe in the game. Good enough energy efficiency that it's not reliant on Efficiency-mods like so many other Frames, great useful generalist skills, #1 that's not a terrible downsized version of the Ultimate (indeed, one that remains useful throughout), a good mix of offense and defense and abilities that are interesting; Prism is both, a great damage ability and CC but not both (and it's blocked by walls and it's a mobile projectile so there's actual gameplay involved), Eclipse cares about environment and Hall of Mirrors is just cool. Booby Trap is whatever but even it has its uses now that you're forced to take it along and she scales great with Power Strength.
Aside from the usual Warframe absurdity with regards to buff numbers (568% for the whole team is kind of a lot), I'd say Mirage is more or less perfectly designed and definitely my favorite design both elegance- and balance-wise in the game. And one of the few that works completely modless while still shining fully modded out. And of course, it doesn't hurt that utility-wise she's a versatile pick that can fill a number of roles from DPS, buffing and CC to tanking in most content (Hall of Mirrors/Primed Flow/Quick Thinking with the Eclipse/Prism options makes her pretty darn survivable).

In fact, I feel DE has gotten a lot better about particularly #1 abilities and power management with the newer designs. All the first round designs basically just have no energy to use their powers comprehensively without heavy modding and many of the ults offer precious little interesting gameplay (Ash is the worst offender on this IMHO; your ult basically turns on a movie for ~10 seconds, and incidentally also eclipses all the other abilities of the Frame). Indeed, frames with both, interesting 1 and 4? I can only really think of Loki, Limbo, Mirage, Valkyr, Nyx & Mesa; only ones in the original rotation are Nyx and Loki and only Loki has 4 genuinely useful abilities (Psychic Bolts...). And even Limbo's abilities are basically just "small banish and big banish"; it just so happens banishing can be good or bad and only one can banish map objects so both are needed. Mirage, even with Booby Trap being kind of poor, is just a bright shining ray of light in terms of design. She has so many things done right that this game usually has troubles with.

Krade
2015-03-12, 07:05 PM
Doing T3S trying to get Nova Prime parts. Team is a Vauban, Nekros and Speed Nova. I'm Greedy Mag. Corrosive Projections all around. My Pull was doing over 1000 damage to primed enemies. Shield Polarize explodes everything (which then explode again from Nova's Molecular Prime). We managed to go to 60 minutes where the enemies start getting over level 100. No Nova Prime part. Our Rotation C drops were (in order): Forma BP, Sicarus Prime BP and Sicarus Prime BP. Trolling-ass RNG.

Things I learned today: Once you get rid of that pesky armor, Mag is GOD.

Vhaidara
2015-03-12, 07:11 PM
My friends and I have been trying to get the Vasto Prime part from T1D for a while now. Our last batch was something like Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, R5 Core, R5 Core. We only had 3 and accidentally brought in the wrong frames (Mesa, Ash, and my levelling Banshee)

I normally wouldn't complain about Forma BPs, but I will literally run out of every resource used to make formas before I run out of BPs.

Eldariel
2015-03-12, 07:53 PM
Doing T3S trying to get Nova Prime parts. Team is a Vauban, Nekros and Speed Nova. I'm Greedy Mag. Corrosive Projections all around. My Pull was doing over 1000 damage to primed enemies. Shield Polarize explodes everything (which then explode again from Nova's Molecular Prime). We managed to go to 60 minutes where the enemies start getting over level 100. No Nova Prime part. Our Rotation C drops were (in order): Forma BP, Sicarus Prime BP and Sicarus Prime BP. Trolling-ass RNG.

Things I learned today: Once you get rid of that pesky armor, Mag is GOD.

From what I gather, Nova Prime, Vasto Prime and Soma Prime piece droprates are all in the 5% region (except for Soma Prime Blueprint, of course). I've now played 79 T3Es after the release of Soma Prime but I've yet to see a Stock. I have seen a total of 4 Soma P Barrels in Interception with maybe 200 waves tho so that's probably a bit higher (or it was raised recently; DE often likes to raise old prime droprates when they aren't that new anymore). I've yet to see a single Vasto Prime BP in T4S (though admittedly I haven't run a lot of T4S over 5 mins since Cores got removed and the drop tables got diluted with useless crap) and I've never seen a Nova Prime anything though I haven't farmed overtly much for any of the pieces. Vasto Prime Barrel dropped fairly quickly though so there's that at least; but I've only ever seen one.

I came to the same old conclusion that it's more efficient for me to just farm T3-4 missions with decent loot tables, buy pieces to finish the sets and sell them and then use plat to buy the new Primes than it is to actually farm for the new primes. The amount of Sicarus & Mag pieces I got from T3E is simply staggering (I think I got a total of 3 prebuilt Formas, 2 Nyx P Chassis, 4 Rhino P BPs and a bunch of Boltor P Barrels; and then dozens of each, Sicarus P Barrel, Mag P BP and Mag P Chassis) and that leads me to believe that mission isn't particularly loot-friendly. T3S is even worse; only C-rotation has anything worthwhile and all of the worthwhile things there have practically nil chance of dropping.

Also, Mag is actually the trick Tenn-O's used when they made the 7 hour Survival record way back in the day. The fact that Shield Polarize scales with enemy level makes it just unfairly powerful against high level opponents, though of course now with Nullifiers, her power is quite diminished.

Krade
2015-03-12, 07:55 PM
My friends and I have been trying to get the Vasto Prime part from T1D for a while now. Our last batch was something like Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, R5 Core, R5 Core. We only had 3 and accidentally brought in the wrong frames (Mesa, Ash, and my levelling Banshee)

I normally wouldn't complain about Forma BPs, but I will literally run out of every resource used to make formas before I run out of BPs.

Do you want some T1D keys? I will give you T1D keys. I seriously have about 40 of them.

Vhaidara
2015-03-12, 08:26 PM
Do you want some T1D keys? I will give you T1D keys. I seriously have about 40 of them.

Oh, we have a ton (I think I'm in the 20s and Fenrys is in the 50s).

We just aren't all on that often, and usually have better things to do. But with Prime Access ending, we wanted to try and pick it up.

I still need my Soma too...

Krade
2015-03-12, 08:47 PM
Oh, we have a ton (I think I'm in the 20s and Fenrys is in the 50s).

We just aren't all on that often, and usually have better things to do. But with Prime Access ending, we wanted to try and pick it up.

I still need my Soma too...

Looking back, I apparently misread your post. I interpreted "We only had 3" as "We only had 3 keys."

IFenrys
2015-03-13, 09:15 PM
I'll be trying my Zephyr... at some point. And I still have Trinity. Will probably build Nekros and Nyx, and Vauban if the RNG rolls in my favor.

You can hit the nullifier shields with melee attacks, it's just a bit tricky to not overshoot. I should be able to afford some caution with my invincibility.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'll build the Angstrum at some point. Hate to give up my Marelok, but as Valkyr I should be fine without it. Just using Tiberon or Hek as my primary to kill stuff at range (with my Hell's Chamber I'm now seriously considering potatoing my Hek).

POTATO THE HEK. With the syndicate mod for it (+200% multishot) and Hell's Chamber on it, the thing gets up to 320% MULTISHOT.

The enemy will have more flak in their system than blood at that point. If only because they've completely bled out on the back wall after the first shell.

Snowbluff
2015-03-13, 09:20 PM
Or you can get yourself a Kohm, saving yourself a syndicate mod/points.

Leon
2015-03-13, 10:54 PM
Or you can get yourself a Kohm, saving yourself a syndicate mod/points.

What the Hek would you want to do that for.

Snowbluff
2015-03-13, 10:55 PM
What the Hek would you want to do that for.

For when you need to Kohm your hair.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-14, 12:41 AM
But I already have the mod. Someone gave it to me for free. :smalltongue:

Kohm does sound like a good gun though, and I will make it at some point for mastery. I'll probably potato the Hek though, so I can have a good gun while leveling some less important secondaries.

Edit: Though I've only got one catalyst right now and just got Justice Blades for my Cleavers.

Krade
2015-03-14, 07:20 PM
I have a potato and 4 Formas on my Kohm. I have not, however, leveled my Primed Point Blank yet. When I do, I'll need a fifth Forma in it. I love it. Since I started using it again it has been my favorite primary.

They didn't call what they did to the Kohm a nerf, did they? Because I seriously like it better since it's rebalancing.

Also: When the hell are they gonna give us some Impact event mods to go with the Puncture and Slash mods?

Snowbluff
2015-03-14, 10:41 PM
I think Kohm's already been nerfed. Before the fire rate and number of pellets would keep getting higher, causing lag. I think it was nerfed to PC, and present when they brought to console. The fire rate may have been affected by the lag, but I don't know the engine.

Each pellet does similiar damage/second to my Soma P, AFAICT. It has a good fire rate with the 90% fire rate. I wouldn't bring it past that, and focus on damage instead.

Krade
2015-03-14, 11:32 PM
They lowered the fire rate and made it cap at 2 per shot rather than 9 or 10. I'm pretty sure they also increased the damage per shot. Also, they removed the distressingly short range cap and instead made the shots arc (with no damage fall-off at range:smallbiggrin:).

There's MUCH less wasted shots now. It used to spray in an arc comparable to the non-focused Phage with a similar range, less damage, and nowhere near the ammo efficiency. Now it's damage output can have it keeping pace at least as well as Boltor Prime on the ridiculously high level areas. Also, the natural 1 meter punch through is an amazing advantage over pretty much all of the other weapons. The only mark against it is that it's not hit-scan (also possibly that unless you have two maxed copies of many Shotgun mods, you're sentinel won't be able to effectively use Sweeper).

Edit: I'm pretty sure they made those changes because of the lag issues (which were compounded by the popularity of Mirage at the time). To make up for the reduced pellets fired and RoF (to combat the lag issues) they increased the damage (I can't remember exactly how much, but I wanna say doubled). Edit: I just checked the original post on the wiki, it's damage per pellet was actually more than quintupled. It was 3 impact and puncture and 9 slash. Now it's 15.4 impact and puncture and 46.2 slash.

Edit: Let me just say one more thing about it: It's a damn good thing the Grineer don't actually use the Kohm, because even unmodded it would tear the Tenno to shreds.

Snowbluff
2015-03-15, 12:36 AM
Boltor P is overrated anyway. It's not even hitscan. :smalltongue:

IIRC, the phage's damage is if the whole burst hits. I've found the Kohm a much more reliable weapon lately, but I really should use my phage more.

I have my sentinel use the machine gun while I use it, since I'm not using my rifle mods. I think I'll switch to the Laser Rifle Prime and go for a rifle status build, since the damage of sentinels falls off pretty hard.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-15, 12:51 AM
Boltor P is overrated anyway. It's not even hitscan. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I like the Angstrum well enough, but "hitscan" is a huge pro for a gun IMO.

Snowbluff
2015-03-15, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I like the Angstrum well enough, but "hitscan" is a huge pro for a gun IMO.

Well, the Angstrum is different. There's a good chance you'll hit *something* even if you "miss."

*drops to 0 HP* "I meant to do that."

Leon
2015-03-15, 01:21 AM
I didn't like the Angstrum until i figured out to how to use it well ~ which is to shoot at their feet

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-15, 01:36 AM
I didn't like the Angstrum until i figured out to how to use it well ~ which is to shoot at their feet

Just like playing Soldier in TF2. :smalltongue:

Leon
2015-03-15, 07:20 AM
Just like playing Soldier in TF2. :smalltongue:

I'll take your word for it as Ive not played Tf2

Snowbluff
2015-03-15, 07:25 AM
I'll take your word for it as Ive not played Tf2

Or rather, "just like any explosive in an FPS." Halo, CoD, Battlefield. :smalltongue:

IFenrys
2015-03-15, 11:03 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes with explosives. Especially in Warframe's PvE environment - aim at the feet of large crowds to maximize your tiny ammo pool.

*sigh* I remember when the Ogris had 540 shots in reserve. Good times.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-15, 08:17 PM
So Spy 2.0 seems to be really profitable. Wftrading lists the price on Volcanic Edge as 35p, and I sold one for 30, and I just got a third one (the first one is for me).

Leon
2015-03-16, 02:18 PM
Ive not tried any of the new spy missions yet, im either in a Tower or doing Invasions recently (Infested mostly)

Eldariel
2015-03-16, 02:27 PM
So Spy 2.0 seems to be really profitable. Wftrading lists the price on Volcanic Edge as 35p, and I sold one for 30, and I just got a third one (the first one is for me).

Plus they're actually enjoyably different to play. Some parkour elements implemented into the actual gameplay, fairly brief but still somewhat challenging (if eventually repetitive) rooms, multiple options on paths, etc. And yeah, it's really good for rewards. One of the better additions to the game in a long, long while IMHO (I'm just sad the value of that Cryotic Front Set I'd been waiting to sell plummeted since it was reintroduced so relatively soon comparatively).

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-16, 02:58 PM
Yeah, they're a mission type you actually want to solo and use parkour on. The Grineer ones initially seemed tougher but I've figured out what the security patterns are and can bypass them, at least for Saturn (honestly, the Corpus Mars one gives me more trouble now because I'll occasionally mistime a laser wall). First Saturn spy run: Rime Rounds. Done four runs and only got the one Rime Rounds so far, but I also got a Continuity which is nice. Also got my last Commander scan on one of them, and stealth scans are worth a lot of affinity.

Gonna wait for my Valkyr to re-level fully after formaing before trying to take on high-level spies, I don't have enough energy efficiency or duration to run through everything when the enemies are dealing that much damage.

IFenrys
2015-03-17, 10:47 AM
https://warframe.com/news/last-chance-frost-prime-parts-void

If you don't have this stuff yet, go get it now. The way this is worded, they might be giving these things away with events, maybe. Just to be on the safe side, you should probably go get yours now.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-17, 11:27 AM
So do I just have to collect the parts/blueprints or do I have to actually build them to keep them? Because I don't really care about Latron or Reaper...

Vhaidara
2015-03-17, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping we get to keep the parts. Suddenly that Latron Prime set I've been saving will be worth something.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-17, 11:35 AM
Can't you also trade unranked weapons? Granted, that takes up a weapon slot.

Vhaidara
2015-03-17, 11:38 AM
Can't you also trade unranked weapons? Granted, that takes up a weapon slot.

Only the syndicates and Void Trader, I think.

IFenrys
2015-03-17, 11:56 AM
*Removal of the Void as we know it
*Chroma's less-than-stellar reveal
*Frost Prime and his gear being tossed into a vault with Excal Prime and his gear

...this isn't exactly a great start to DE's supposed "year of quality", is it?

Eldariel
2015-03-17, 12:14 PM
So do I just have to collect the parts/blueprints or do I have to actually build them to keep them? Because I don't really care about Latron or Reaper...

They're only being removed from the Void so of course you get to keep the parts. The Primes are going nowhere and e.g. when Arcane Helms were removed, the built ones and the blueprints still remained. So there's precedence.

Leon
2015-03-17, 12:41 PM
Its only two of the Most common Prime items and parts there of, if you don't have them you've not been in the Void much. It will be nice to do Survivals and not get Latron Prime BP after BP. The Reaper Prime i could care less about ~ had some of it and sold it for Ducats.

Only Bit of pFrost that i didn't find in the Void was the helmet and i traded some gun parts for it. all the parts for pLatron are sitting in my Foundry waiting for me to be bored enough to build it

Hiro Protagonest
2015-03-17, 10:02 PM
So... anyone on PC have a spare Frost Prime Systems? I've gotten two spare helmets from the T4 Survival by now, as well as a bunch of other stuff, but no Systems.

Mobius Twist
2015-03-18, 04:49 PM
*Removal of the Void as we know it
*Chroma's less-than-stellar reveal
*Frost Prime and his gear being tossed into a vault with Excal Prime and his gear

...this isn't exactly a great start to DE's supposed "year of quality", is it?

I'm not sure why you think so. It's all about perspective and framing.

For instance:

* Recognition that the Void is only fun the first few times you run it, and the decision to transition to something better, something we don't yet have much information on and so shouldn't be judging a failure.

* Introduction of a new warframe that is said to be exceptionally capable of individual and team play, a unique mechanic, and visual decisions on par with Wyrm Prime. Seriously, it's either a Viking-inspired or an Asian-inspired dragon snout. Additionally, if the helmet concerns you so, there will surely be other alternate helmets released shortly, as there have been for every warframe.

* Reducing saturation for void drops while the void is still available, while inspiring interest in old/outdated gear. Given how many event-specific pieces of gear there are (that a later-starter can't get any more), I can't see this as anything but consistency.

Wheras you might see massive fail, I see mostly positive decision with an indication that they care about keeping the game fresh and fun.

Eldariel
2015-03-18, 05:06 PM
* Recognition that the Void is only fun the first few times you run it, and the decision to transition to something better, something we don't yet have much information on and so shouldn't be judging a failure.

This varies from person to person TBH. I play the Void all the time and I enjoy it. Sure, I might not like Void Defense but all the other modes are okay (though Exterminate is a bit painful as well) and it's by far my favorite content in the game. They'll need to make significant improvements elsewhere to keep me interested in the game. And as always, I'm of course not alone.

IFenrys
2015-03-18, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure why you think so. It's all about perspective and framing.

For instance:

* Introduction of a new warframe that is said to be exceptionally capable of individual and team play, a unique mechanic, and visual decisions on par with Wyrm Prime. Seriously, it's either a Viking-inspired or an Asian-inspired dragon snout. Additionally, if the helmet concerns you so, there will surely be other alternate helmets released shortly, as there have been for every warframe.

* Reducing saturation for void drops while the void is still available, while inspiring interest in old/outdated gear. Given how many event-specific pieces of gear there are (that a later-starter can't get any more), I can't see this as anything but consistency.

Wheras you might see massive fail, I see mostly positive decision with an indication that they care about keeping the game fresh and fun.

I acknowledge your opinion and respectfully disagree:

*Eh, I still find the void fun. Personal preference, maybe. Probably helps that I've always been a fan of the tileset and the interesting way of keeping the toughest of the normal enemies around, creating terrifying enemy combos we don't normally see. As long as we still have difficult zones to work with, it'll probably all work out fine.

*I personally don't have an issue with Chroma's design, but you have to agree the general reception hasn't been great. Lots of people don't like the guy, and while I'm not overly bothered by the oddities, I can see where they're coming from. My main issue with Chroma is the way that his unique mechanic locks down my color choices based on how I want to play him - what if I want to use red lightning while playing him, or blue fire, or purple ice? You won't be able to do that. My default color scheme for my 'frames uses red energy, which will probably lock him in as a fire elemental, but my use of red energy started with Volt because I'm a huge fan of inFamous-style red lightning. I feel like there has to be a better way of working his element choice into the customization system, if this is the route they want to go.

*My issue with this is less with the desaturation of void drops, and more with the fact that more gear is being timelocked, keeping it away from newer players. Keep in mind that as a Founder, I would like to see Excal Prime released to the masses, and hate that the other Founders are so vehemently against it. I am not a fan of timelocking Prime gear, though I'm fine with this being done to Wraith and Vandal gear (after all, those are basically event trophies, whereas all Prime gear besides Excal and his weapons has been obtainable regardless of time progression).

None of this is a dealbreaker in and of itself, but put together it paints a very pretty picture of a storm brewing in the distance. That storm cloud, though, has a really nice looking sunrise about a half a mile behind it, easily in view. DE has made me happy with a lot of design choices with Warframe in the past, such as the ship UI and the mod system, both of which I HATED at first. Now, I can't imagine the game any other way. I'm sure they'll pull through again, and the other stuff that I've seen for U16 looks FANTASTIC, including the raids, the other new weapons, the primed version of my starter 'frame, and all of the other cool things we'll be seeing in about a week.

Except for one thing. The one thing that I cannot and will not forgive DE for.

Those ridiculous looking wrist-mounted chainsaws...those are the Grineer claws. The one weapon I was looking forward to more than anything else. A possible replacement for my beloved-but-terrible Venka on my well-loved Ash.

DE WHY ARE THE NEW CLAWS AWFUL

EDIT: I've had to edit this about 9 times because I keep noticing grammar issues. MY BRAIN IS DYING TODAY

Mobius Twist
2015-03-19, 09:44 AM
I acknowledge your opinion and respectfully disagree:

You make excellent points. They're definitely objections I can see being shared by a lot of people.

I didn't mean to imply that the void is stale and horrible and should be disposed of; the impression I got from the Tenno Live event was that they are changing access to the void tileset to be through the star map missions (maybe rather like current void sabotage?), rather than doing away with it entirely.

Chroma's possible failing as a color-coordinated fashion non-disaster is quite possible. I'm still leveling all the baseline warframes to 30, so I end up running around with default color schemes. I also dress myself in mostly earth tones. Perhaps it should be said that I'm not the best person to comment on the aesthetics.

I'm also not a fan of time-locked gear, event-specific mods, and weapons that you can never get again from Baro or an event. It's annoying that in a game that has "collect 'em all" as a definite draw and makes doing so fairly possible (compared to, say, World of Tanks) there are items that will always remain tantalizingly out of reach. Since it's such a central design decision used as incentive to keep people playing, I just figure that it's the way the game was designed on purpose, shrug, and move on. DE employees gotta eat.

I have so many melee weapons to level that I haven't even gotten to the Venka. What makes you say that the new chainsaw claws are horrible, other than the way they look? I didn't think we knew the stats yet.

Vhaidara
2015-03-19, 09:51 AM
I have so many melee weapons to level that I haven't even gotten to the Venka. What makes you say that the new chainsaw claws are horrible, other than the way they look? I didn't think we knew the stats yet.

It's the aesthetics. I can confirm this, I've heard his rant enough times.

Also, the current stance is based around vertical blade orientation. With the new chainclaws having a horizontal blade orientation, it means that you are actually smacking people with the flats instead of cutting with the blades. And if the new stance is designed for the horizontal blades, then the Venka will have the same problem there, which means you have 2 stances, and 2 weapons, and each weapon has to use the stance that matches it, or you look like a complete idiot.

Mobius Twist
2015-03-19, 11:37 AM
Forum Link (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/419723-update-16-eta-march-19/#entry4657966)

PC Tenno,

If you’ve been following www.warframe.com/sanctuary, you may notice there is still a silhouette to be unveiled. For clarity, this indicates that the Sanctuary update will not be shipping today (March 18). It’s shaping up to be a Thursday (March 19) deployment!

What to look forward to:
Taking vengeance on those that destroyed your Relays…
A new enemy lurking in the shadows…
Using your fists as saws …
And so much more….

Thanks for your patience.

Using your fists as saws …

Maybe fist weapon (Ankyros, Furax) not claw weapon? Straight punch someone in the face with a chainsaw.

I love to see the counter finishing moves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlNglxwl_Gs) on certain weapons, and this one ought to be pretty gruesome.

Leon
2015-03-19, 12:38 PM
I find hilarious the tears of the people in the Megathread on the WF forums about the Removal of the 3 Prime items, most of it seems to be along the lines of " But Johnny Newplayer wont have access to this" or wont have enough Fodder for his mastery....

In the time since i started playing they have added over 20 new weapons, 2 warframes, 2 Prime warframes and the 3 Archwing's.

If you cant get your MR up from that you have issues that 3 prime items are not going to solve

Mobius Twist
2015-03-19, 01:12 PM
I find hilarious the tears of the people in the Megathread on the WF forums about the Removal of the 3 Prime items, most of it seems to be along the lines of " But Johnny Newplayer wont have access to this" or wont have enough Fodder for his mastery....

In the time since i started playing they have added over 20 new weapons, 2 warframes, 2 Prime warframes and the 3 Archwing's.

If you cant get your MR up from that you have issues that 3 prime items are not going to solve

Pretty much. Just leveling the market-purchasable weapons and star chart warframes (no prime, no clan weapons, no sentinels/kubrows, no archwing) gets you to MR 12. MR 8 is the cap for all current weapons, and MR 10 gets you all three extractors. Anything beyond that is for syndicate daily rating and showing off.

Now, it's possible that there are other reasons beneath the stated one. Things like, "I don't like change", "I don't yet have all the parts collected myself", and "I resent anything being taken away on principle."

Partysan
2015-03-19, 01:55 PM
I dislike this since I a) haven't really been to the void much yet and b) want to have a Latron Prime and would prefer not to have to pay with actual money for it.

Eldariel
2015-03-19, 02:26 PM
I dislike this since I a) haven't really been to the void much yet and b) want to have a Latron Prime and would prefer not to have to pay with actual money for it.

You can sell stuff in trade chat for plat and use that to buy your Latron. Real money need never be involved.

Krade
2015-03-19, 02:40 PM
MR 10 gets you all three extractors.

Actually, when you pass 15 you can put out a fourth. Speaking of, I should start putting my extractors out again. It's just such a hassle sometimes because unless you want to risk losing them, you need to make sure to log back on to empty them. Main reason I stopped. Of course they're not that expensive to replace now. 150 Oxium per distilling extractor used to be a LOT. It's not so bad now that Oxium drops in much higher quantities than it used to.

Eldariel
2015-03-19, 03:35 PM
Actually, when you pass 15 you can put out a fourth. Speaking of, I should start putting my extractors out again. It's just such a hassle sometimes because unless you want to risk losing them, you need to make sure to log back on to empty them. Main reason I stopped. Of course they're not that expensive to replace now. 150 Oxium per distilling extractor used to be a LOT. It's not so bad now that Oxium drops in much higher quantities than it used to.

I'm Mastery Rank 17 and I can only have 3. I believe 4th only comes through Founder status or Prime Access.

NEO|Phyte
2015-03-19, 04:10 PM
Actually, when you pass 15 you can put out a fourth.
Um, no? MR extractors cap at 3, being a founder gives you +1, having bought a prime access gives you +1.

Speaking of, I should start putting my extractors out again. It's just such a hassle sometimes because unless you want to risk losing them, you need to make sure to log back on to empty them. Main reason I stopped. Of course they're not that expensive to replace now. 150 Oxium per distilling extractor used to be a LOT. It's not so bad now that Oxium drops in much higher quantities than it used to.
An extractor stops taking damage once it's gathered its resources, the only way to lose one is if you keep sending damaged ones out, which is easy to avoid by simply having twice as many built extractors as you can operate at once.

Krade
2015-03-19, 04:10 PM
I'm Mastery Rank 17 and I can only have 3. I believe 4th only comes through Founder status or Prime Access.

Really? Well I did buy the Nyx Prime Access. It didn't say anything about an extra extractor slot that I recall.

Though the Wiki confirms that you are right. So I guess never mind:smallredface:.

Edit: IIRC, I got the Nyx Prime Access pretty close to when I hit MR 15. Thus, not realizing that I got one from Prime Access, and also not realizing that you don't get another extractor slot, I just kind of assumed I got it from my MR.

IFenrys
2015-03-19, 05:37 PM
Forum Link (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/419723-update-16-eta-march-19/#entry4657966)

Maybe fist weapon (Ankyros, Furax) not claw weapon? Straight punch someone in the face with a chainsaw.

I love to see the counter finishing moves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlNglxwl_Gs) on certain weapons, and this one ought to be pretty gruesome.

That tagline is strikingly reminiscent of the Venka's codex entry:

Utilizing a new fighting stance, this Tenno weapon turns fists into claws and enemies into messy piles of meat and scrap metal.

The datamining entries also specifically note a set of Grineer Claws.

Ah well, maybe the Corpus can give it a try some time. Or the Infested. Or maybe we'll get Venka Prime and those will be decent.

Krade
2015-03-20, 02:15 AM
So everyone knows for if/when you aspire to build Chroma: you need a Frost Chassis, Ember Helm, Saryn Systems, and Volt Helm to make the whole thing. It is advisable to get all 4 of those parts made as you're doing the quest so you only have to wait 12 hours in between sections instead of 24.

Eldariel
2015-03-20, 03:04 AM
Ugh... Of course it has to be behind two of those "wait for weakspots to open" bosses. Meh, gotta hope to get lucky I guess.

Mobius Twist
2015-03-20, 10:32 AM
Really? So, if you happen to not be in a clan, or have no research done, you're blocked?

Well, one more reason to start farming forma.

Feck.

IFenrys
2015-03-20, 11:05 AM
Welp, Ruk has a new trick up his sleeve - he has a tendency to crash the game on you.

That's one way to deter Tenno assassins, I guess.

Mobius Twist
2015-03-20, 11:08 AM
From Reddit, we have polarities and stats for the new items:

Chroma: http://i.imgur.com/LMDjXgG.jpg

Ripkas: http://i.imgur.com/8s439ZL.jpg

Kohmak: http://i.imgur.com/YK3Nsdf.jpg

Thoughts:

I'm hoping that we get more usable auras under the V and D polarities. Currently it feels like the first forma has to nearly-always be spent on changing that darned aura.

Ripkas have a respectable 15% status chance and 20% critical hit chance. The crit multiplier is pretty low (x1.5)

I have no opinon on the Kohmak. There are some stealth changes in this release to the Kohm (see forum thread (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420675-kohm-got-stealth-changed/#entry4672537)), so the Kohmak might follow suit, given that it's a secondary version of the same. I liked the high-damage-per-pellet Kohm, but the change to hitscan might change things. We'll see.

IFenrys
2015-03-20, 11:14 AM
From Reddit, we have polarities and stats for the new items:

Chroma: http://i.imgur.com/LMDjXgG.jpg

Ripkas: http://i.imgur.com/8s439ZL.jpg

Kohmak: http://i.imgur.com/YK3Nsdf.jpg

Thoughts:

I'm hoping that we get more usable auras under the V and D polarities. Currently it feels like the first forma has to nearly-always be spent on changing that darned aura.

Ripkas have a respectable 15% status chance and 20% critical hit chance. The crit multiplier is pretty low (x1.5)

I have no opinon on the Kohmak. There are some stealth changes in this release to the Kohm (see forum thread (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420675-kohm-got-stealth-changed/#entry4672537)), so the Kohmak might follow suit, given that it's a secondary version of the same. I liked the high-damage-per-pellet Kohm, but the change to hitscan might change things. We'll see.
Whenever I get a V polarity, I just stick Steel Charge there. I tend to be a melee maniac, and it gives a respectable buff to some of my weaker, but still loved, choices of melee, like my Venka. Plus, it's the biggest boost of any aura, which means I usually don't need any more Formas.

Absolutely agree with D polarity, though - the closest any D aura gets to "useful" is Rejuvenation, and that's barely making it. The only reason I still run it on FrostP is that I use the Synoid Gammacor with him. I have enough energy regen, thanks much.