PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Yuri harem 4 IC. The movie, the life, the dream

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Illven
2015-02-17, 05:25 PM
"How attractive is Nate? Well he isn't unattractive," Alex mused. "I mean I'd do him if he asked. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, but that's more because I think of him as a brother than anything else. So he's pretty hot I'd say. And yeah I never really got why so many people are ashamed of admitting being motivated by sex. Sex is fun, and it'd be a lot better if people actually admitted that."

"Shame is a powerful motivator." Ms.Robin asked.

Gwen shrugs and says, "I intend to talk to her. I want you to enjoy your birthday. If that means I have to be around your mom, so be it."

What do you intend to talk about? Luna asked.

Episode 7 scene 6

There you are again.

Walking up the steps of Luna's manor.

After school Luna gave those who needed outfits, outfits. Now in your dressed up forms, greet Luna and her parents.

Allure =d5 You should be on a catwalk. +1 VP with Luna.

Skill =d7 Start therapy with Luna and her mom. +1 VP with both protangists, and siginficant plot effect

Conflict =d5 Intimidate the other girls into not putting on their best showing. +1 VP with Jennifer.

Luck =d5 ???? +1 Vp with Luna.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-17, 05:31 PM
Even with the modifications Alex felt a little uncomfortable in P'ro'shi's suit. It was clearly designed for someone taller and with more limbs. On the plus side it was better than a dress, and she looked pretty good in it. She might need to get a suit that was actually her size.

Still there was something that was bugging her. This party had to be great. Luna wouldn't be happy otherwise, and she deserved to be happy. But Luna's Mom could be a huge pain in the a**. Maybe she'd calmed down since her original match for Luna had turned out to be a psycopath? Still she should probably give her a bit of a talking to. Make sure they buried the hatchet so that Luna's night as ruined by the two of them fighting.

Skill, Second Wind +3, Personality Flip +2 scratch that, Fortune Talisman from Ver makes it so cashing in the Flip isn't necessary.

Angelalex242
2015-02-17, 05:46 PM
Ver had been planning to negotiate with Luna's mom all night. And she'd also been gaining advice on how to do it. First, she took into account Ms. Robin's advice, and chatted with Luna about her grandparents, and all she noted about them. Fortunately, she'd convinced Luna earlier to leave an enchanted window that warms the chilling November winds open for her to aid with the effort to do the impossible.

She'd also taken Jen dress shopping. As Luna requested, Ver's dress shows as much cleavage as is legal, and Jen's shows off her red hair to dazzling effect.

Once she gained all possible advice...it didn't escape her notice Alex was planning to help out too, and so she blessed Alex's effort to aid the situation.

Strong Skill, Air, Blessed Comfort, Compassion on Alex. Can't fail, neither can she.

Esprit15
2015-02-17, 07:14 PM
"You know, Luna's not the lady-like one. Why are we all being prim and proper for her birthday, anyways? It's nothing but a show for her mother. Alex, you're dressed up even! That goes against everything you seem to stand for! Granted you look handsome as hell, but still!" She seemed to squirm in the tux.

Alas, 1000 Faces was forced already, so I'll just hope for some good luck, or maybe some bad.

Weak Conflict (-1)

jamieth
2015-02-18, 02:07 AM
"Oh, come on, Taika, dressing up might be nice for a change", Kath shuddered. She meant to shrug, in fact, but it did come out as a shudder nonetheless - it was, after all, November, and while Ver in her low-neck dress reveled in the chilly wind, Kath, in her, comparably much more modest-looking outfit, technically had to go outside naked, and got a bit cold by now. "Besides, sure, Luna might not need it, but... do we really want to make trouble? Luna deserves a party without a scandal, at least..."

Approaching Ver and Alex, she nodded encouragingly with a smile; Universe knows, she had her share of issues with Ver before, but here, now? The angel was fighting a good fight, and Kath couldn't help but cheer for her... and maybe support a bit?

Strong Skill, Do your best for +3. Need 4+...

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 09:05 AM
Gwen also arrives! She slowly gets out of her mom's sedan, care obvious in her step. The reason why she's so careful becomes immediately obvious as her dress is revealed. It's a strapless black ensemble that glitters ever so slightly as she moves. It seems to fit perfectly as well, and Gwen smiles as she walks over to Luna and says, "Hey Luna. What do you think?"

Strong Allure, +2 Do Your Best, +2 Lady of the Night, can't fail.

Necroticplague
2015-02-18, 01:16 PM
P'ro'shi had done a decent enough job of turning what was previously a halloween costume into a respectable suit. And she'd like to think her relatively plain, black dress was decent enough, with the sash from the strands that had clung so her so many weeks ago adding a nice stygian blue bit of variety to it. Unfortunately, she hadn't had quite enough time to make all the changes she'd wanted to make too it. Right now, she mostly wanders around the place, feeling ever as weird around all the people here. Noticing Alex (and remembering how she always seems to end up doing something interesting at these kinds of things), P'ro'shi starts shadowing her, sticking around for whatever inevitable interesting even could occur.
Strong Skill, +2 Shrinking Shadow

Illven
2015-02-18, 02:11 PM
Gwen also arrives! She slowly gets out of her mom's sedan, care obvious in her step. The reason why she's so careful becomes immediately obvious as her dress is revealed. It's a strapless black ensemble that glitters ever so slightly as she moves. It seems to fit perfectly as well, and Gwen smiles as she walks over to Luna and says, "Hey Luna. What do you think?"

Strong Allure, +2 Do Your Best, +2 Lady of the Night, can't fail.

You look gorgeous. Luna beamed running a hand through Gwen's hair before being called by the therapy squad

"You know, Luna's not the lady-like one. Why are we all being prim and proper for her birthday, anyways? It's nothing but a show for her mother. Alex, you're dressed up even! That goes against everything you seem to stand for! Granted you look handsome as hell, but still!" She seemed to squirm in the tux.

Alas, 1000 Faces was forced already, so I'll just hope for some good luck, or maybe some bad.

Weak Conflict (-1)

Takia does seem to get Jennifer, who pulls at the neck of her outfit clearly uncomfortable.

As rich guest after rich guest pulls in, you see a middle aged angel. Jen points to the man.

Hope that's not Luna's new groom.

@At the therapy squad. Things are not going well.

You just hate everyone. Luna replies measuredly.

"That is not true." Mrs.Lienstein protests.

Yes it is, you hate my grandparents, you hate dad, you hate me, you hate my friends. Luna said still not actually angry.

"I don't hate your dad, and I certainly don't hate you. I love you." Mrs.Lienstein replies, reaching to embrace Luna, which Luna denies.

Well I don't love you. Luna replies. Like. I don't hate you, but.... I can say, not being angry. I don't love you.

Mrs.Lienstein looks like she's about to cry, as she runs off.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 02:19 PM
"Wow. That took some serious f***ing balls Luna. I'm proud of you," Alex replied, putting a hand on her shoulder. "That said I better still talk to her before that blows up in our faces."

The only way Luna's Mom would ever get better is she realize what a collussal b**** she was right now. So Luna definitely had the right idea. Still it'd suck if she kicked Luna to the street on her birthday, so they couldn't just leave things as they were. Which was almost a shame really, after that burn Luna's Mom needed some ointment.

Illven
2015-02-18, 02:26 PM
"Wow. That took some serious f***ing balls Luna. I'm proud of you," Alex replied, putting a hand on her shoulder. "That said I better still talk to her before that blows up in our faces."

The only way Luna's Mom would ever get better is she realize what a collussal b**** she was right now. So Luna definitely had the right idea. Still it'd suck if she kicked Luna to the street on her birthday, so they couldn't just leave things as they were. Which was almost a shame really, after that burn Luna's Mom needed some ointment.

You follow Mrs.Lienstein to her room. She doesn't notice you following her, and you hear a few sobs.

What do you do?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 02:33 PM
Alright. So she was down and probably sobbing. So it would be a d*** move to kick her around right now. At the same time though just leaving her would be a bigger d*** move to Luna because she'd have time to get bitter and take it out on her. So she had to talk to her. Guess the best thing was to just do and say what she'd wish someone would do and say to her if she was in this position. What would that be?

"Oh man the f*** up," Alex chastises as she opens up the door. "Crying isn't going to change anything, so grow some f***ing balls and let's talk about this."

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 02:45 PM
Gwen smiles and says, "Thanks!" And then Luna is dragged off by the therapy brigade. Gwen lurks, listening to the conversation, and when Luna's mom runs off, she sighs and enters, saying, "Well...I suppose that happened, didn't it."

Esprit15
2015-02-18, 02:48 PM
"I'd hope not. Doesn't seem her type," she says, gesturing to Alex as she runs off after Luna's mother.

Illven
2015-02-18, 03:18 PM
Alright. So she was down and probably sobbing. So it would be a d*** move to kick her around right now. At the same time though just leaving her would be a bigger d*** move to Luna because she'd have time to get bitter and take it out on her. So she had to talk to her. Guess the best thing was to just do and say what she'd wish someone would do and say to her if she was in this position. What would that be?

"Oh man the f*** up," Alex chastises as she opens up the door. "Crying isn't going to change anything, so grow some f***ing balls and let's talk about this."

"Oh **** off." Mrs.Lienstein replied glaring. "Like you have any idea what's it's like." She states

Gwen smiles and says, "Thanks!" And then Luna is dragged off by the therapy brigade. Gwen lurks, listening to the conversation, and when Luna's mom runs off, she sighs and enters, saying, "Well...I suppose that happened, didn't it."

Ms.Robin said I had to tell the truth. Luna said awkwardly.

"I'd hope not. Doesn't seem her type," she says, gesturing to Alex as she runs off after Luna's mother.

Wonder what that's about. Jen replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 03:25 PM
"There we go. There's an actualy health a** reaction from you," Alex comments. "You're right, I have no idea what it's like. Because I don't act like a complete b****. But I do know what it's like from Luna's perspective. About having parents who want you to be a meat puppet rather than do what you want to do. And if f***ing sucks."

Alex sighed before continuing. "Look, I don't think you're a liar. I think you're an idiot, but I take you on face value when you say you care about Luna. But there's more to caring about someoen than... um... s*** what do you do for her besides put a roof over her head and food on the table? I mean you try to arrange for weddings she doesn't want- with someone who turned out to be a f***ing psycopath by the way- you demean her, you hate her friends - openly, I mean I can take snide s***, I'm a big girl. But the main thing is you don't really respect her decisions or give her any agency. Which is kind of f***ed up."

Illven
2015-02-18, 03:31 PM
"There we go. There's an actualy health a** reaction from you," Alex comments. "You're right, I have no idea what it's like. Because I don't act like a complete b****. But I do know what it's like from Luna's perspective. About having parents who want you to be a meat puppet rather than do what you want to do. And if f***ing sucks."

Alex sighed before continuing. "Look, I don't think you're a liar. I think you're an idiot, but I take you on face value when you say you care about Luna. But there's more to caring about someoen than... um... s*** what do you do for her besides put a roof over her head and food on the table? I mean you try to arrange for weddings she doesn't want- with someone who turned out to be a f***ing psycopath by the way- you demean her, you hate her friends - openly, I mean I can take snide s***, I'm a big girl. But the main thing is you don't really respect her decisions or give her any agency. Which is kind of f***ed up."

"Oh please like even Luna has any idea what's it's like. At least I tried to make her happy by picking an angel for a bride. Someone who would never cheat on her, or betray her." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

jamieth
2015-02-18, 03:33 PM
Wonder what that's about. Jen replied.

"Nothing good, I'm sure... You know, it's my fault really. You see, I already started hopig we might actually have a day where no one end up disowned, grounded, in hospital or anything for a change... Yep, shouldn't have teased the destiny like that."

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 03:39 PM
Gwen nods and says, "I see...And you really feel that way?"

Illven
2015-02-18, 03:41 PM
"Nothing good, I'm sure... You know, it's my fault really. You see, I already started hopig we might actually have a day where no one end up disowned, grounded, in hospital or anything for a change... Yep, shouldn't have teased the destiny like that."

I think our beach day ended up fine. Jennifer pointed out giving Katherine a hug.

Gwen nods and says, "I see...And you really feel that way?"

I think so. I mean I guess no one can ever 100% know their own feelings but I'm pretty confident, I don't. Luna replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 03:41 PM

Meanwhile, Ver handled Luna. If this whole 'I don't love you' thing continued, the reconciliation Ver desired for this house couldn't happen.

"While being honest is something Ms. Robin would indeed say...are you certain you were honest just now? While my plan involves giving you your freedom, I'd prefer you not use what I win for you to spite your mom. You can...and just did...hurt her as badly as she hurts you. Greater freedom involves greater responsibility, and you need to be able to handle what I give you. Can you do that?

Esprit15
2015-02-18, 03:42 PM
"Nah, most human wills don't affect the chances of the universe that much. This has been in the works for a while. Hopefully Alex doesn't mess things up."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 03:50 PM
"Oh please like even Luna has any idea what's it's like. At least I tried to make her happy by picking an angel for a bride. Someone who would never cheat on her, or betray her." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

"No see, that's your problem," Alex retorted. " 'At least I tried to make HER happy.' 'I pick out a fiances for HER who would never betray her.' 'LUNA has no idea what it's like to be ME.' She's the object in all of those statements. ...s*** did I actually pick something up in English? Anyway being an object sucks a**. You don't show you care about someone by making all their decisions for them. You do it by letting them make their own decisions, even the s****y ones, then picking up the pieces afterwards. Advise? Good. Setting boundaries? Not my thing, but I can admit they need to be there sometimes. Controlling every aspect of your daughter's life no matter what she says? That's getting into heinous b**** territory."

Illven
2015-02-18, 03:59 PM
Meanwhile, Ver handled Luna. If this whole 'I don't love you' thing continued, the reconciliation Ver desired for this house couldn't happen.

"While being honest is something Ms. Robin would indeed say...are you certain you were honest just now? While my plan involves giving you your freedom, I'd prefer you not use what I win for you to spite your mom. You can...and just did...hurt her as badly as she hurts you. Greater freedom involves greater responsibility, and you need to be able to handle what I give you. Can you do that?

I think I was honest. Luna replied.

"Nah, most human wills don't affect the chances of the universe that much. This has been in the works for a while. Hopefully Alex doesn't mess things up."

I doubt it'd could get much worse.

"No see, that's your problem," Alex retorted. " 'At least I tried to make HER happy.' 'I pick out a fiances for HER who would never betray her.' 'LUNA has no idea what it's like to be ME.' She's the object in all of those statements. ...s*** did I actually pick something up in English? Anyway being an object sucks a**. You don't show you care about someone by making all their decisions for them. You do it by letting them make their own decisions, even the s****y ones, then picking up the pieces afterwards. Advise? Good. Setting boundaries? Not my thing, but I can admit they need to be there sometimes. Controlling every aspect of your daughter's life no matter what she says? That's getting into heinous b**** territory."

"Oh please, I don't control every aspect of my daughter's life." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "I let her go to the public school she wants. I drive her and her friends around when she wants. I pretend to not notice the smoking, because if I don't pretend she'll smoke twice as much just to spite me."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 04:03 PM
I think I was honest. Luna replied.

Ver nodded. Well, fortunately, she had all the psychological magic of millennia to test that theory.

Oh? She was hurt just now. By you. How do you feel about that?

jamieth
2015-02-18, 04:07 PM
I doubt it'd could get much worse.

"Yep, the worst thing Alex can do is break someone a couple of bones, I suppose", Kath chuckles in the decidedly unfunny way, "And that almost doesn't count by our standarts..."

Illven
2015-02-18, 04:12 PM
Ver nodded. Well, fortunately, she had all the psychological magic of millennia to test that theory.

Oh? She was hurt just now. By you. How do you feel about that?

Like you're trying to make me feel guilty. Luna replied coolly.

"Yep, the worst thing Alex can do is break someone a couple of bones, I suppose", Kath chuckles in the decidedly unfunny way, "And that almost doesn't count by our standarts..."

Do you want me to go check on her? Jen replied worried.

jamieth
2015-02-18, 04:17 PM
Do you want me to go check on her? Jen replied worried.

"Well, I think we won't make things much worse, either... and there's absolutely no point in sitting here anyway. It's pretty obvious the party cancelled anyway, so we either go home... which would be a betrayal... or we try to make ourselves useful. Not sure what we can do, admittedly."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 04:18 PM
"Oh please, I don't control every aspect of my daughter's life." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "I let her go to the public school she wants. I drive her and her friends around when she wants. I pretend to not notice the smoking, because if I don't pretend she'll smoke twice as much just to spite me."

"Which is why she said she doesn't hate you in addition to saying she doesn't love you," Alex goes on. "That s*** right there? That's good. That's you listening to your daughter, then going out of your way to help her when she makes a decision. If you just dropped the s*** you did with arranging marriages and s*** and talking down to her she might come back around. Right now you're 'not a complete a**hole'. If you go from acting like a b**** half the time and instead acted like one never you could get all the way back up to 'someone who is f***ing awesome'. Because seriously you could be a mother f***ing bada*** if you just stopped all the manipulative s*** alltogether instead of trying to balance it out with favors and looking the other way."

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 04:24 PM
Gwen sighs and says, "It's weird. You're both right here. Verthandi, quit guilt-tripping Luna to get her to do what you want. Luna...Take it from me. Families are weird. Especially when one of you gets supernatural powers. But...In the end, it doesn't matter what happens or what you think of or say to each other. Part of being a family, from the day you're born, is caring about someone else's happiness. Which isn't to say you go along with everything someone else wants you to do. But..." Gwen frowns and sighs, wrapping her head around something, "Even if you really don't love your mom, you can't just come out and say that to her face, not like that at least. It'll just make everything worse."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 04:30 PM
Like you're trying to make me feel guilty. Luna replied coolly.

Ver pressed on. Every child had a spark of love somewhere inside them for their parents...what she had to do is reignite that spark, no matter how dim it was.

Feelings come from within. I can neither give them to you nor take them away. All I can do is bring out feelings already inside you. So bear with me for the moment. Whatever your feeling really is for your mom, I have skill enough to find it. Shall I proceed?

Illven
2015-02-18, 04:35 PM
"Well, I think we won't make things much worse, either... and there's absolutely no point in sitting here anyway. It's pretty obvious the party cancelled anyway, so we either go home... which would be a betrayal... or we try to make ourselves useful. Not sure what we can do, admittedly."

"The party's not over." Luna's father replies. "Alice will just mope about in her room for the next few hours." He states

Gwen sighs and says, "It's weird. You're both right here. Verthandi, quit guilt-tripping Luna to get her to do what you want. Luna...Take it from me. Families are weird. Especially when one of you gets supernatural powers. But...In the end, it doesn't matter what happens or what you think of or say to each other. Part of being a family, from the day you're born, is caring about someone else's happiness. Which isn't to say you go along with everything someone else wants you to do. But..." Gwen frowns and sighs, wrapping her head around something, "Even if you really don't love your mom, you can't just come out and say that to her face, not like that at least. It'll just make everything worse."

Then what am I supposed to say. Luna asked.

"Which is why she said she doesn't hate you in addition to saying she doesn't love you," Alex goes on. "That s*** right there? That's good. That's you listening to your daughter, then going out of your way to help her when she makes a decision. If you just dropped the s*** you did with arranging marriages and s*** and talking down to her she might come back around. Right now you're 'not a complete a**hole'. If you go from acting like a b**** half the time and instead acted like one never you could get all the way back up to 'someone who is f***ing awesome'. Because seriously you could be a mother f***ing bada*** if you just stopped all the manipulative s*** alltogether instead of trying to balance it out with favors and looking the other way."

"Oh please, my parents used me as a ****ing punching bag. But everyone still insists I'm expected to love them." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

@ Ver

If you want.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 04:38 PM
"The party's not over." Luna's father replies. "Alice will just mope about in her room for the next few hours." He states

Then what am I supposed to say. Luna asked.

"Oh please, my parents used me as a ****ing punching bag. But everyone still insists I'm expected to love them." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

@ Ver

If you want.

Ver was starting to get a sense of the truth of the matter. The Spark really HAD died out...but then a new relationship would have to be established.

"The more I listen to you, the more I see truth in you. But do you think you can at least respect your mom? It's possible to get along without love. My ultimate concern is that you might find yourself repeating the cycle...and having a less then loving relationship with your kids. Adopted or otherwise.

jamieth
2015-02-18, 04:39 PM

"Does Luna look like she's in a mood to party to you?" Kath asks bluntly, "Because she certainly doesn't to me."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 04:39 PM

"Let me give you some advice. Everyone? Usually f***ing idiots," Alex replied bluntly. "Who the f*** cares what everyone says? If they used you as a punching bag, you have a right to hate them. And you're doing better for Luna than they did for you I'm guessing. But if this turns into a 'every generation is slightly less of a b****' thing it's going to take like a century until a functional family from this line shows up. And that's a**. Just treat Luna like an adult and stop messing around and you're pretty much good to go. Or hell even just treat her like you wished your folks had treated you at that age if you can't manage that."

Esprit15
2015-02-18, 04:40 PM
"Honestly, they have enough therapists helping them right now. Any more and they'll be overwhelmed. Look, let's enjoy the party at least."

jamieth
2015-02-18, 04:43 PM
"What party, Taika? Did you forget why we're here today in the first place? It's Luna's party, if she doesn't have fun, than it's all pointless in the first place!"

Esprit15
2015-02-18, 04:49 PM
"Yes, and I'm saying that more people converging on Luna is not going to help anything."

jamieth
2015-02-18, 04:50 PM
"Eh, actually, I was going to check on Alex..."

Off to sleep, sorry

Illven
2015-02-18, 04:59 PM
"Does Luna look like she's in a mood to party to you?" Kath asks bluntly, "Because she certainly doesn't to me."

"Honestly, they have enough therapists helping them right now. Any more and they'll be overwhelmed. Look, let's enjoy the party at least."

"What party, Taika? Did you forget why we're here today in the first place? It's Luna's party, if she doesn't have fun, than it's all pointless in the first place!"

"Yes, and I'm saying that more people converging on Luna is not going to help anything."

"Eh, actually, I was going to check on Alex..."

Off to sleep, sorry

Look guys sorry about that. We can still enjoy the party, why don't we all go inside.

Ver was starting to get a sense of the truth of the matter. The Spark really HAD died out...but then a new relationship would have to be established.

"The more I listen to you, the more I see truth in you. But do you think you can at least respect your mom? It's possible to get along without love. My ultimate concern is that you might find yourself repeating the cycle...and having a less then loving relationship with your kids. Adopted or otherwise.

Respect what about her? Luna replied.

"Let me give you some advice. Everyone? Usually f***ing idiots," Alex replied bluntly. "Who the f*** cares what everyone says? If they used you as a punching bag, you have a right to hate them. And you're doing better for Luna than they did for you I'm guessing. But if this turns into a 'every generation is slightly less of a b****' thing it's going to take like a century until a functional family from this line shows up. And that's a**. Just treat Luna like an adult and stop messing around and you're pretty much good to go. Or hell even just treat her like you wished your folks had treated you at that age if you can't manage that."

"I do treat her like I wish I was treated." Mrs.Lienstein cries out embracing Alex. [Do you go along with it, or dissuade her in someway.] "Why do you think I picked an angel."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 05:05 PM
Respect what about her? Luna replied.
"

She suffered under your grandparents, and that is no fault of hers. While it isn't right for her to take that out on you, that is one of the things I'm going to try to put a stop to when I talk to her. Your mom is basically a victim herself. and has not yet recovered from it. I will put all my effort into aiding with that, but even I cannot undo the past. I can only make the future a little brighter. So...I suppose I'm saying don't blame the victim. She needs quite a bit of help herself.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 05:12 PM
[COLOR="#008000"]"I do treat her like I wish I was treated." Mrs.Lienstein cries out embracing Alex. [Do you go along with it, or dissuade her in someway.] "Why do you think I picked an angel."

"Because you didn't know that all angels are collossul do****s?" Alex guessed as she hugged her back. She wasn't bad, she was just... kind of stupid.

"Look," Alex sighed. "People like to be able to do their own thing. It's just the way we're wired. You said it yourself that you thought Luna might do some s*** just to spite you. The more you try playing this game of 'set things up so my daughter is happy' the more you're going to f*** up. There is no winning move here. It's like tic tac toe, except you're carving it into Luna's skin with a knife. ...f*** that was way darker than it should have been. The point is don't play this stupid game where you try to make it so whatever happened to you doesn't happen to her. Just back off, let her make her own decisions and you'll both be a lot happier. Be there when s*** gets real, don't try and not make it real in the first place."

Illven
2015-02-18, 05:26 PM
She suffered under your grandparents, and that is no fault of hers. While it isn't right for her to take that out on you, that is one of the things I'm going to try to put a stop to when I talk to her. Your mom is basically a victim herself. and has not yet recovered from it. I will put all my effort into aiding with that, but even I cannot undo the past. I can only make the future a little brighter. So...I suppose I'm saying don't blame the victim. She needs quite a bit of help herself.

What makes you think she suffered under grandma and grandpa? Luna replied.

"Because you didn't know that all angels are collossul do****s?" Alex guessed as she hugged her back. She wasn't bad, she was just... kind of stupid.

"Look," Alex sighed. "People like to be able to do their own thing. It's just the way we're wired. You said it yourself that you thought Luna might do some s*** just to spite you. The more you try playing this game of 'set things up so my daughter is happy' the more you're going to f*** up. There is no winning move here. It's like tic tac toe, except you're carving it into Luna's skin with a knife. ...f*** that was way darker than it should have been. The point is don't play this stupid game where you try to make it so whatever happened to you doesn't happen to her. Just back off, let her make her own decisions and you'll both be a lot happier. Be there when s*** gets real, don't try and not make it real in the first place."

You expect something. Maybe an acceptance, maybe a grunt of dismissal, maybe a angry dismissal.

All you hear is a gasping for air..... Right, wasn't Luna's mom allergic to cats.....

She pulls away and starts digging through her purse, panicked.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 05:30 PM
What makes you think she suffered under grandma and grandpa? Luna replied.

Remember when I had a long chat with her at the swimmeet? She seemed to have a healthy sarcasm for the idea of parents loving children. And claimed your arranged marriage was tradition, which means I suspect her marriage was also arranged. You may already know that to be a fact. She ended that conversation in tears when I deduced that 'betrayed by someone you love' didn't mean your dad. It meant her parents.

There is definitely a cycle here. If I can't heal everything here, I at least want to see it end with you.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 05:33 PM
...well, s***. She thought she'd gotten rid of any cat hair. She couldn't really help look considering that all that would do was add more panic onto the mix.

"Verthandi and or Jen! We need a medic in here!" Alright she couldn't look in the purse but she should have some in the room right? Maybe. S***.

Illven
2015-02-18, 05:45 PM
Remember when I had a long chat with her at the swimmeet? She seemed to have a healthy sarcasm for the idea of parents loving children. And claimed your arranged marriage was tradition, which means I suspect her marriage was also arranged. You may already know that to be a fact. She ended that conversation in tears when I deduced that 'betrayed by someone you love' didn't mean your dad. It meant her parents.

There is definitely a cycle here. If I can't heal everything here, I at least want to see it end with you.

She's probably being melodramatic. Luna rolled her eyes. I'd think I'd know if my grand parents were "betrayers"

...well, s***. She thought she'd gotten rid of any cat hair. She couldn't really help look considering that all that would do was add more panic onto the mix.

"Verthandi and or Jen! We need a medic in here!" Alright she couldn't look in the purse but she should have some in the room right? Maybe. S***.

She starts shaking her head, as she injects herself with something.

"Doctor." She croaks out. "Don't let Luna know."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 05:51 PM
She's probably being melodramatic. Luna rolled her eyes. I'd think I'd know if my grand parents were "betrayers"

She may be, and she may not be. But ya know...what if it isn't melodrama? What if it's real? Things like that are the sort of thing people with skill at comforting others like me pick up on. It's...in my specialty, you might say.

Alex is too far away, and there's too much noise for her yelling to be heard.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 05:54 PM
Oh thank f***. Seems she'd be okay. Good thing too, she'd hate to get other people involved in this. She knew she hated it when people thought she was weak or hurt.

"Of course not," Alex agreed. "You both have enough s*** going on a minor medical emergency would just make things worst. And uh... sorry, thought I got all the cat hair before I came over," she apologized.

Illven
2015-02-18, 05:56 PM
She may be, and she may not be. But ya know...what if it isn't melodrama? What if it's real? Things like that are the sort of thing people with skill at comforting others like me pick up on. It's...in my specialty, you might say.

Alex is too far away, and there's too much noise for her yelling to be heard.

And what does that make me, who hasn't noticed for 12 years? Luna asked.

Oh thank f***. Seems she'd be okay. Good thing too, she'd hate to get other people involved in this. She knew she hated it when people thought she was weak or hurt.

"Of course not," Alex agreed. "You both have enough s*** going on a minor medical emergency would just make things worst. And uh... sorry, thought I got all the cat hair before I came over," she apologized.

"Doctor." Mrs.Lienstein says again.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 05:59 PM
"On it," Alex replied, pulling out her phone. She must really be allergic to cats if an injection didn't fic the flare up from what had to be a tiny amount of hair. Not her fault of course, but it must be a pain in the a** to live with. ...she would have put 911 on speed dial a long time ago if it wasn't only three numbers.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 06:09 PM
And what does that make me, who hasn't noticed for 12 years? Luna asked.

It makes you not a professional. Some things, only professionals likes Ms. Robin or mages like me...and now you, if you develop your talents that way...can pick up on. Also, you're a victim here too.

Illven
2015-02-18, 06:12 PM
"On it," Alex replied, pulling out her phone. She must really be allergic to cats if an injection didn't fic the flare up from what had to be a tiny amount of hair. Not her fault of course, but it must be a pain in the a** to live with. ...she would have put 911 on speed dial a long time ago if it wasn't only three numbers.

"No we have a doctor that lives here." Mrs.Lienstein corrected, that burst making her have to gasp for air again. "Paper." She requests

It makes you not a professional. Some things, only professionals likes Ms. Robin or mages like me...and now you, if you develop your talents that way...can pick up on. Also, you're a victim here too.

So no judgment. Luna asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 06:15 PM
"Right, even better," Alex grabbed a piece of paper and pen at her request. She didn't know if she wanted to freak out and panic or freak out and yell, so for now she'd decided she'd just stay calm and see where that took her.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 06:17 PM
So no judgment. Luna asked.

No. The white magic we celestials use is something you can learn if you choose to. While I am mighty among my kin, by sorcerer standards I'm bottom third, and I'm lucky to be that good. There's little I can do that you can't do better if you put your mind to it. And nobody can expect you to pick up on the sort of things a vampire therapist with over 2 centuries of experience can pick up on.

To say nothing of Ver's 12000 years.

Illven
2015-02-18, 06:26 PM
"Right, even better," Alex grabbed a piece of paper and pen at her request. She didn't know if she wanted to freak out and panic or freak out and yell, so for now she'd decided she'd just stay calm and see where that took her.

She writes down directions to the family doctor.

"Hurry." She requests.

No. The white magic we celestials use is something you can learn if you choose to. While I am mighty among my kin, by sorcerer standards I'm bottom third, and I'm lucky to be that good. There's little I can do that you can't do better if you put your mind to it. And nobody can expect you to pick up on the sort of things a vampire therapist with over 2 centuries of experience can pick up on.

To say nothing of Ver's 12000 years.

Jen and Mrs.Edwards will have to teach me.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 06:28 PM
Jen and Mrs.Edwards will have to teach me.

That's an excellent way to start, but for now, my objective is peace in your home. What do you need from your mom most right now?

Illven
2015-02-18, 06:45 PM
That's an excellent way to start, but for now, my objective is peace in your home. What do you need from your mom most right now?

Honestly. Her not being around is great. Luna admits.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 06:46 PM
"Right," Alex grabbed the paper and ran. She was kind of dumb, but she knew how to run. And was also pretty damn good at finding her away around places. This should be a cinch.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 06:48 PM
Honestly. Her not being around is great. Luna admits.

Well, unless you can get your mom and dad to trade jobs, it doesn't seem likely that she's going to take off. If she stays, what's the next best option?

Illven
2015-02-18, 06:59 PM
"Right," Alex grabbed the paper and ran. She was kind of dumb, but she knew how to run. And was also pretty damn good at finding her away around places. This should be a cinch.

You find the doctor. An average looking 40 year old male.

"What seems to be the problem miss? Are you one of Luna's friends?" He asks concerned.

Well, unless you can get your mom and dad to trade jobs, it doesn't seem likely that she's going to take off. If she stays, what's the next best option?

I... I don't know. Luna admits

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 07:01 PM
"Yes, but more importantly Luna's mother is having an allergic reaction to cat hair," Alex pants out quickly. It hadn't been much of a run, but she'd booked it pretty hard.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 07:01 PM
You find the doctor. An average looking 40 year old male.

"What seems to be the problem miss? Are you one of Luna's friends?" He asks concerned.

I... I don't know. Luna admits

Would the freedom I plan to negotiate for be a good start? Or do you need more then that? and if so...what, specifically? I do need to know what you want, exactly, before I can ask for it.

She gestures at her dress, cleavage and all, matching color schemes and styles, and all the other things Ver put into her dress and Jen's. Though it seems she made Jen's a little more uncomfy then intended.

After all, you asked for this, and got it. You asked for Jen's dress, and got it. But I can only give you things I know about.

Illven
2015-02-18, 07:14 PM
Would the freedom I plan to negotiate for be a good start? Or do you need more then that? and if so...what, specifically? I do need to know what you want, exactly, before I can ask for it.

She gestures at her dress, cleavage and all, matching color schemes and styles, and all the other things Ver put into her dress and Jen's. Though it seems she made Jen's a little more uncomfy then intended.

After all, you asked for this, and got it. You asked for Jen's dress, and got it. But I can only give you things I know about.

Freedom yeah, less judging. Luna states now checking out Ver's cleavage.

@ Alex

The doctor pales for a second. "Oh ****." He mutters as he grabs what he needs and runs to Luna's mom.

What does Alex do?

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 07:18 PM
Freedom yeah, less judging. Luna states now checking out Ver's cleavage.

@ Alex

The doctor pales for a second. "Oh ****." He mutters as he grabs what he needs and runs to Luna's mom.

What does Alex do?

Okay. I can do that. Anything else? And I guess you really do like this dress. Or at least what's in it.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 07:25 PM
Well of course she... huh. Seemed she did a lot of running around now days and not nearly enough spending time with Luna. That was pretty depressing. But at the same time she couldn't just not check on Luna's Mom, so... she had to follow the doctor.

Illven
2015-02-18, 07:32 PM
Okay. I can do that. Anything else? And I guess you really do like this dress. Or at least what's in it.

Oh, sorry. You just look really great. Luna murmured.

Well of course she... huh. Seemed she did a lot of running around now days and not nearly enough spending time with Luna. That was pretty depressing. But at the same time she couldn't just not check on Luna's Mom, so... she had to follow the doctor.

When the doctor starts preforming the check up. You notice that Mrs.Lienstein wasn't lying about the abuse. Her back is literally covered in scars.

Alex make a comment?

Necroticplague
2015-02-18, 07:35 PM
P'ro'shi had been watching to try and make sure Alex hadn't done anything to rash. She hadn't entered the room because her prescence would have been unavoidable to notice, but calling for a medic generally means things have gone dire. Calling off the message more so. So when she sees Alex running back, P'ro'shi enters in as well, almost without thinking asks "Which bone's broken this time?"

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 07:37 PM
Oh, sorry. You just look really great. Luna murmured.

When the doctor starts preforming the check up. You notice that Mrs.Lienstein wasn't lying about the abuse. Her back is literally covered in scars.

Alex make a comment?

[roll0] (Luck?)

"You do like those, don't you? But still. Anything else you need me to ask of her?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 07:38 PM
"F*** off," Alex replies bluntly, not even turning around to look at her. That was a hell of a lot of abuse. She hadn't been kidding. That didn't make what she'd been doing with Luna okay or anything mind, but it was still some heavy duty s***. Talking about it wasn't really an option though. What was she supposed to say? 'Sorry you were beaten'? 'This is what you're doing to your daughter on an emotional level'? While she was having an allergic reaction even? She could be a b****, but she wasn't THAT big a one.

Illven
2015-02-18, 07:42 PM
P'ro'shi had been watching to try and make sure Alex hadn't done anything to rash. She hadn't entered the room because her prescence would have been unavoidable to notice, but calling for a medic generally means things have gone dire. Calling off the message more so. So when she sees Alex running back, P'ro'shi enters in as well, almost without thinking asks "Which bone's broken this time?"

Luna's mom shrieks as P'ro'shi enters, and starts gasping for air again.

[roll0] (Luck?)

"You do like those, don't you? But still. Anything else you need me to ask of her?

I do like them, and we can start with that.

"F*** off," Alex replies bluntly, not even turning around to look at her. That was a hell of a lot of abuse. She hadn't been kidding. That didn't make what she'd been doing with Luna okay or anything mind, but it was still some heavy duty s***. Talking about it wasn't really an option though. What was she supposed to say? 'Sorry you were beaten'? 'This is what you're doing to your daughter on an emotional level'? While she was having an allergic reaction even? She could be a b****, but she wasn't THAT big a one.

Who's she telling to **** off?

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 07:52 PM
Luna's mom shrieks as P'ro'shi enters, and starts gasping for air again.

I do like them, and we can start with that.

Who's she telling to **** off?

Alright. Is there anything you can tell me about your mom's life that might be making things worse for you? Her past is part of it, but it might not be all of it. Is she stressed in other ways?

Illven
2015-02-18, 07:56 PM
Alright. Is there anything you can tell me about your mom's life that might be making things worse for you? Her past is part of it, but it might not be all of it. Is she stressed in other ways?

Well there's the running a big company. Luna admits.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 08:02 PM
Well there's the running a big company. Luna admits.

Has she been complaining about work related stress?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 08:05 PM
P'ro'shi, of course. Not only had she come in at a rather inopportune time, she assumed Alex was responsible. Which technically she was, but technically wasn't actually.

Illven
2015-02-18, 08:12 PM
Has she been complaining about work related stress?

Not really. Luna admits. I think she likes it.

P'ro'shi, of course. Not only had she come in at a rather inopportune time, she assumed Alex was responsible. Which technically she was, but technically wasn't actually.

(She was responsible in the sense, that She kinda caused it, but it wasn't her fault. :smalltongue: )

"Please don't tell Luna." Mrs.Lienstein asks.

Necroticplague
2015-02-18, 08:15 PM
Whatever was going on definitely seemed worthy of interest. The fact she had little clue why her appearance would cause anyone to start screaming only prods her to want to keep looking. Unfortunately, two out 4 seem to rather she not be there. Settling for a compromise, she slowly backs up into a corner, her dark clothing and changing skin color making her practically disappear within a dark corner of the room.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 08:22 PM
Not really. Luna admits. I think she likes it.

(She was responsible in the sense, that She kinda caused it, but it wasn't her fault. :smalltongue: )

"Please don't tell Luna." Mrs.Lienstein asks.

Why do you think she enjoys her work? What does she like best about it?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 08:26 PM
"Relax. I practice what I preach. I'd be a huge a**hole if I went and told Luna when you told me not to after that whole 'don't control things, just be there when you're needed' speech," Alex offered a comforting smile. "And I'm not going to ask either, because I know that if you wanted to tell me you would."

Illven
2015-02-18, 08:30 PM
Why do you think she enjoys her work? What does she like best about it?

The specifics I'm not sure about. Luna admits.

"Relax. I practice what I preach. I'd be a huge a**hole if I went and told Luna when you told me not to after that whole 'don't control things, just be there when you're needed' speech," Alex offered a comforting smile. "And I'm not going to ask either, because I know that if you wanted to tell me you would."

"After a childhood of this." Mrs.Lienstein says pointing at her back, "They married me off to him. Which... wasn't terrible at first." She admits. "But he doesn't want to sleep with damaged girls. So he sleeps with a different woman in every city he goes too.... Think Luna's got 5 half-siblings by my last count."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 08:34 PM
The specifics I'm not sure about. Luna admits.

"After a childhood of this." Mrs.Lienstein says pointing at her back, "They married me off to him. Which... wasn't terrible at first." She admits. "But he doesn't want to sleep with damaged girls. So he sleeps with a different woman in every city he goes too.... Think Luna's got 5 half-siblings by my last count."

...What company does your mom run, anyway?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 08:36 PM
"...would it be hypocritical of me to beat the s*** out of him while being a proponent of polygamy myself?" Alex had to ask. "I mean it's not like I'd be beating him up for sleeping around. I'd be beating him up for making you feel like s*** for no god damn reason. Seriously, you are not 'damaged'. You are sexy as f***," she tells her sincerely.

Illven
2015-02-18, 08:43 PM
...What company does your mom run, anyway?

Ver probably wouldn't ask this question. With Luna's last name and Alex and Gwen seeing the company, and knowing Luna's rich.

Pretty much it's the richest company in the world.

"...would it be hypocritical of me to beat the s*** out of him while being a proponent of polygamy myself?" Alex had to ask. "I mean it's not like I'd be beating him up for sleeping around. I'd be beating him up for making you feel like s*** for no god damn reason. Seriously, you are not 'damaged'. You are sexy as f***," she tells her sincerely.

Mrs.Lienstein chuckles a bit. "I don't know, I'm just wondering when he's telling Luna about her half-siblings. She's always wanted a little sibling."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 08:48 PM
Ver probably wouldn't ask this question. With Luna's last name and Alex and Gwen seeing the company, and knowing Luna's rich.

Pretty much it's the richest company in the world.

Mrs.Lienstein chuckles a bit. "I don't know, I'm just wondering when he's telling Luna about her half-siblings. She's always wanted a little sibling."

Well...shall we go talk to your mom now? Or do you want me to go without you first?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 08:54 PM
"Wow, so I'd have a bunch of siblings-in-laws or something? Except we're not really married. Or officially dating. And I'm also telling this to her mother. F***," Alex cursed. "Still it seems something she should know. Again I don't want to get too involved and end up acting like an insensitive, manipulative a** but it seems there's a lot of s*** going on that Luna should be aware of."

Illven
2015-02-18, 08:57 PM
Well...shall we go talk to your mom now? Or do you want me to go without you first?

Maybe you go first. Luna replied.

"Wow, so I'd have a bunch of siblings-in-laws or something? Except we're not really married. Or officially dating. And I'm also telling this to her mother. F***," Alex cursed. "Still it seems something she should know. Again I don't want to get too involved and end up acting like an insensitive, manipulative a** but it seems there's a lot of s*** going on that Luna should be aware of."

She ignores the first part. "I'm not their parent, I don't feel right telling her."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 09:01 PM
"There's some s*** you're not telling her you should too," Alex points out. "Honestly I think all three of you should just sit down and talk about all this. You're a good person, you just have no idea what Luna actually wants. And she doesn't know all the s*** you went through, so doesn't have any real motive behind all your meddling. And the sibling thing is just a**, but I know it's not your place to tell her about it."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 09:14 PM
Maybe you go first. Luna replied.

She ignores the first part. "I'm not their parent, I don't feel right telling her."

Ver departs from Luna, and heads upstairs to where her Mom and Alex...and the Doctor...all are. Fortunately, she arrives in time to see the scarring and...

...It's worse then I deduced, isn't it?

Illven
2015-02-18, 09:16 PM
"There's some s*** you're not telling her you should too," Alex points out. "Honestly I think all three of you should just sit down and talk about all this. You're a good person, you just have no idea what Luna actually wants. And she doesn't know all the s*** you went through, so doesn't have any real motive behind all your meddling. And the sibling thing is just a**, but I know it's not your place to tell her about it."

"Like how I'm jealous she awoke and I didn't. Then again I'd have killed my parents if I did." Mrs.Lienstein chuckles ruefully.

Luna's mom blushes and puts on the top part of her outfit.

"Not a word." She demands.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 09:17 PM
"Trust me, Luna's like the most important person in the world to me and I'm still jealous as f*** over that too," Alex chuckled. "So long as you don't let it make you lash out it's fine."

Oh... Verthandi. "Verthandi, I could toss you out with one hand," Alex warns. "Don't get all psychoanalysisy right now."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 09:25 PM
"Trust me, Luna's like the most important person in the world to me and I'm still jealous as f*** over that too," Alex chuckled. "So long as you don't let it make you lash out it's fine."

Oh... Verthandi. "Verthandi, I could toss you out with one hand," Alex warns. "Don't get all psychoanalysisy right now."

Alex, that's literally what I'm here for. I've been setting this up all day. The party is incidental.

Ver turned back to Mrs. Lienstein.

"I can keep confidentiality...but you may not want me to. The scars can be healed...but it takes more power then I have. I'd need to borrow that power...from a sorceress.

Illven
2015-02-18, 09:28 PM

"Yeah that part, I'm not lashing out over." Mrs.Lienstein chuckles weakly.

Alex, that's literally what I'm here for. I've been setting this up all day. The party is incidental.

Ver turned back to Mrs. Lienstein.

"I can keep confidentiality...but you may not want me to. The scars can be healed...but it takes more power then I have. I'd need to borrow that power...from a sorceress.

"I... don't really mind the scars though." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 09:30 PM
"As you shouldn't. Scars are pretty bad a**," Alex replied. Which was her way of saying she was glad she was happy with her body as it was, both the bad history parts and otherwise.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 09:32 PM
"Yeah that part, I'm not lashing out over." Mrs.Lienstein chuckles weakly.

"I... don't really mind the scars though." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

It's a difference case for you then Alex. She's a warrior born. Scars a mark of pride. For you, they're a symbol of something horrible. It'd help you move on if they were gone. If you felt your back, and it was smooth once more.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 09:34 PM
"...I'm a fourteen year old Muslim girl. Not a f***ing klingon," Alex mutters. "Also I'm not certain you should be badgering someone into doing what's effectively cosmetic surgery. If she wanted it then I'd be all for it, but as it is you shouldn't try and force someone into something like that."

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 09:37 PM
Gwen sighs and says to Luna, hopefully still downstairs, "I hate to admit it, but I think the angel has a point for once in her existence. You don't have to like your mom, but for the next four years you do have to live with her. It's easier if you get along. Even if it means biting down on your tongue when she says things that piss you off...With the exception, of course, of if she tries to mandate your actions."

Illven
2015-02-18, 09:43 PM
"As you shouldn't. Scars are pretty bad a**," Alex replied. Which was her way of saying she was glad she was happy with her body as it was, both the bad history parts and otherwise.

It's a difference case for you then Alex. She's a warrior born. Scars a mark of pride. For you, they're a symbol of something horrible. It'd help you move on if they were gone. If you felt your back, and it was smooth once more.

"...I'm a fourteen year old Muslim girl. Not a f***ing klingon," Alex mutters. "Also I'm not certain you should be badgering someone into doing what's effectively cosmetic surgery. If she wanted it then I'd be all for it, but as it is you shouldn't try and force someone into something like that."

"I have to think about it." Mrs.Lienstein added. "Since it is my body."

Gwen sighs and says to Luna, hopefully still downstairs, "I hate to admit it, but I think the angel has a point for once in her existence. You don't have to like your mom, but for the next four years you do have to live with her. It's easier if you get along. Even if it means biting down on your tongue when she says things that piss you off...With the exception, of course, of if she tries to mandate your actions."

Think I should apologize? Luna asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 09:47 PM
"Alright, glad that that's settled," Alex remarked. Hopefully Verthandi could take the hint. It was pretty damn hard to talk to Luna's Mom about being overly controlling when you tried to pester her into doing what you wanted to do constantly.

"So seriously, you going to be okay? About... well, everything?"

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 09:50 PM
"I have to think about it." Mrs.Lienstein added. "Since it is my body."

Think I should apologize? Luna asked.

Not a Klingon, Alex. More like an Amazon. You've more in common with Xena then Worf. That' a compliment by the way. And very well, Mrs. Lienstein.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure what you and Alex have discussed already, but I came up here in order to recommend giving Luna some more freedom, and a couple other things. I'm already taking steps to make sure she doesn't spite you with the freedom gained.

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 09:51 PM
Gwen nods and says, "I think that would be a good start, yes. Even if you don't mean it right now...Sorry I couldn't keep my promise, by the way. The therapy brigade seems to have had other plans."

Illven
2015-02-18, 09:58 PM
"Alright, glad that that's settled," Alex remarked. Hopefully Verthandi could take the hint. It was pretty damn hard to talk to Luna's Mom about being overly controlling when you tried to pester her into doing what you wanted to do constantly.

"So seriously, you going to be okay? About... well, everything?"

"Hell if I know." Mrs.Lienstein admitted.

Not a Klingon, Alex. More like an Amazon. You've more in common with Xena then Worf. That' a compliment by the way. And very well, Mrs. Lienstein.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure what you and Alex have discussed already, but I came up here in order to recommend giving Luna some more freedom, and a couple other things. I'm already taking steps to make sure she doesn't spite you with the freedom gained.

"Considering she almost got vamped just to spite me, forgive me if I don't believe you and her just yet." She replied.

Gwen nods and says, "I think that would be a good start, yes. Even if you don't mean it right now...Sorry I couldn't keep my promise, by the way. The therapy brigade seems to have had other plans."

Do they have a team outfit? Luna teased.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 10:03 PM

"I'd hug you again, but I'd probably kill you," Alex sighed.

"Considering she almost got vamped just to spite me, forgive me if I don't believe you and her just yet." She replied.

"Hey that's bull s*** and I know you know it too," Alex replied. "She said that's why she did it, but that's just to piss you off. The main reasons she did it were because she cares about Gwen a whole lot and being bitten feels awesome. Like, really f***ing awesome. Really REALLY f***ing awesome," she sighs whistfully. "I swear it's a wonder I was never turned, though the first time he bit me we did end up- but the point is her trying to get turned was stupid. Not denying that. But it wasn't JUST to spite you. She just wants you to think that to... well, spite you."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 10:07 PM

Do they have a team outfit? Luna teased.

As Alex says. The Kiss is quite potent. It's more then possible she was lost in the moment. And one does not make eternal decisions out of spite. There's not exactly a way to undo vampirism once it's contracted. It can only be ended in death. A centuries long decision, usually. Even Ms. Robin is over 2 centuries old.

Also, I hadn't started working with Luna when that decision was made. Now I am. Besides, you had such great faith in my rather...jerkish ex. Who didn't deserve it at all, by the way. What prevents you from having that faith in me?

Illven
2015-02-18, 10:12 PM
"I'd hug you again, but I'd probably kill you," Alex sighed.

"Hey that's bull s*** and I know you know it too," Alex replied. "She said that's why she did it, but that's just to piss you off. The main reasons she did it were because she cares about Gwen a whole lot and being bitten feels awesome. Like, really f***ing awesome. Really REALLY f***ing awesome," she sighs whistfully. "I swear it's a wonder I was never turned, though the first time he bit me we did end up- but the point is her trying to get turned was stupid. Not denying that. But it wasn't JUST to spite you. She just wants you to think that to... well, spite you."

"Thing is, I believe that was the main motivator if not the only one."

As Alex says. The Kiss is quite potent. It's more then possible she was lost in the moment. And one does not make eternal decisions out of spite. There's not exactly a way to undo vampirism once it's contracted. It can only be ended in death. A centuries long decision, usually. Even Ms. Robin is over 2 centuries old.

Also, I hadn't started working with Luna when that decision was made. Now I am. Besides, you had such great faith in my rather...jerkish ex. Who didn't deserve it at all, by the way. What prevents you from having that faith in me?

"Because your therapy idea has ended so well thus far." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 10:13 PM
Gwen grins and says, "Knowing Verthandi and Katherine, I wouldn't be surprised. So...Ready to go? I feel like if you're going to do this, now is a good time. Rip off the band-aid and all that."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 10:14 PM
"Thing is, I believe that was the main motivator if not the only one."

"Because your therapy idea has ended so well thus far." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

I'm not done yet either. Nor have all my recommendations been implemented yet. Now then, about this freedom I want you to give her. What do you think you can cut back on forcing her to do?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 10:16 PM
"Don't worry Mrs. Lienstein. You eventually just learn to filter her out," Alex told her. "Therapy aside, you can believe that if you want to. It won't do much for your self-esteem or general happy levels, but you can. But if Luna is REALLY doing something that big JUST to spite you, I think it's more a sign you need to back off rather than double down."

Illven
2015-02-18, 10:30 PM
I'm not done yet either. Nor have all my recommendations been implemented yet. Now then, about this freedom I want you to give her. What do you think you can cut back on forcing her to do?

"I.... I don't know." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

"Don't worry Mrs. Lienstein. You eventually just learn to filter her out," Alex told her. "Therapy aside, you can believe that if you want to. It won't do much for your self-esteem or general happy levels, but you can. But if Luna is REALLY doing something that big JUST to spite you, I think it's more a sign you need to back off rather than double down."

"Or maybe my curse does more then augment my allergies." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

@ Gwen

Luna sighs. I guess we should.

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 10:34 PM
Gwen gestures up the stairs and says, "After you, then. It's better if you go first. You know, stuff with your mom hating my face and all that."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 10:34 PM
"...wait, curse? Sorry, forgot I wasn't going to ask," Alex apologized. "Anyway I can clearly tell we shouldn't be pushing too hard here. This is a sensitive situation. Want my advice? Just drop the whole fiance s*** and think over anything you say in case it might be insulting before you say it. Anything else can come later."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 10:40 PM
"I.... I don't know." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

"Or maybe my curse does more then augment my allergies." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

@ Gwen

Luna sighs. I guess we should.

...A curse? I might be able to help with that if it's magical in nature. Tell me more about it. I might be able to do something about it.

Illven
2015-02-18, 10:41 PM
"...wait, curse? Sorry, forgot I wasn't going to ask," Alex apologized. "Anyway I can clearly tell we shouldn't be pushing too hard here. This is a sensitive situation. Want my advice? Just drop the whole fiance s*** and think over anything you say in case it might be insulting before you say it. Anything else can come later."

"Long story short, Me and this witch were fighting over the same man, and when he pretty much picked me, she cursed me. How much do you know about curses?" Mrs.Lienstein asked.

Gwen gestures up the stairs and says, "After you, then. It's better if you go first. You know, stuff with your mom hating my face and all that."

It is at this point Luna and Gwen come into the room.

Luna's mom's eyes flare and she points to the door. "Leave." She states.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 10:44 PM
"Long story short, Me and this witch were fighting over the same man, and when he pretty much picked me, she cursed me. How much do you know about curses?" Mrs.Lienstein asked.

It is at this point Luna and Gwen come into the room.

Luna's mom's eyes flare and she points to the door. "Leave." She states.

Quite a bit. Let me see if I can diagnose it. And it might not be a good idea to tell Luna to leave. Magical curses need magical solutions.

Ver examines Mrs. Lienstein with eyes of magic now.

(If there's a roll to diagnose, let me know)

Oh, and someone get Taika up here. She's Wiccan herself.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-18, 10:52 PM
"Jack all honestly," Alex admitted. She was about to ask more when...

"Hey! Luna!" Alex cheered, immediately rushing to the door and blocking to attempt to make it so she couldn't look in. "What are you doing here? You should be enjoying the party! Actualyl let's both go, that'd be awesome right?"

This situation was going to explode if nothing was done. Luna's Mom wasn't going to get better by being caught like this.

Illven
2015-02-18, 10:57 PM
"Jack all honestly," Alex admitted. She was about to ask more when...

"Hey! Luna!" Alex cheered, immediately rushing to the door and blocking to attempt to make it so she couldn't look in. "What are you doing here? You should be enjoying the party! Actualyl let's both go, that'd be awesome right?"

This situation was going to explode if nothing was done. Luna's Mom wasn't going to get better by being caught like this.

Quite a bit. Let me see if I can diagnose it. And it might not be a good idea to tell Luna to leave. Magical curses need magical solutions.

Ver examines Mrs. Lienstein with eyes of magic now.

(If there's a roll to diagnose, let me know)

Oh, and someone get Taika up here. She's Wiccan herself.

Magical curse, what's going on? Luna butted in.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 10:58 PM
Magical curse, what's going on? Luna butted in.

Don't know yet. I haven't finished my scan. You might be able to do it faster. Still, someone get Taika.

Illven
2015-02-18, 11:03 PM
Don't know yet. I haven't finished my scan. You might be able to do it faster. Still, someone get Taika.

How long have you been cursed mom! Why didn't you tell me! Luna demanded.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 11:08 PM
How long have you been cursed mom! Why didn't you tell me! Luna demanded.

Ver frowned. Sorry, Mrs. Lienstein, but I need to open this JUST a crack...I can't get a read.

Finding the nearest window, she opens it...as little as possible.

Illven
2015-02-18, 11:13 PM
"Get out." Mrs.Lienstein commanded to Luna.

What else are you not telling me? Luna replied.

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 11:17 PM
Gwen blinks and says, "I...Uh...Well, then. That happened. Uh...Well, I'll just leave now."

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 11:27 PM
Gwen blinks and says, "I...Uh...Well, then. That happened. Uh...Well, I'll just leave now."

Curses are heavily resistant to magical curing. They're not well liked, for obvious reasons. Let me see if I can get more information from the winds...

Illven
2015-02-18, 11:27 PM
No stay. Luna's asked Gwen.

Ionbound
2015-02-18, 11:29 PM
Gwen nods and says, "Um, well...Okay Luna."

Illven
2015-02-18, 11:44 PM
Thanks. Luna beamed.

Mrs.Lienstein pipes up. "I refuse to share my medical information with my daughter." She says to Ver.

Angelalex242
2015-02-18, 11:46 PM
Thanks. Luna beamed.

Mrs.Lienstein pipes up. "I refuse to share my medical information with my daughter." She says to Ver.

It's not medical information. It's magical information. However, if you insist on calling it a medical matter...which it really isn't...then so be it. But I may not have the power to heal you alone, and I'll need to draw power from someone with more. Like Luna. I did say curses were tough to heal. In fact, I might need Luna and Jen and Taika too. Someone should really get her by the way.

Illven
2015-02-19, 12:01 AM
It's not medical information. It's magical information. However, if you insist on calling it a medical matter...which it really isn't...then so be it. But I may not have the power to heal you alone, and I'll need to draw power from someone with more. Like Luna. I did say curses were tough to heal. In fact, I might need Luna and Jen and Taika too. Someone should really get her by the way.

"If that's the case I will decide later." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "But no need to worry my daughter..."

I am worried. Luna replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 12:10 AM
"If that's the case I will decide later." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "But no need to worry my daughter..."

I am worried. Luna replied.

I think she's already got a good read of the curse. There's not much you can hide from her now. In fact...Luna, what did you learn of it? With the wind's wisdom, I can tell you that regular curses generally have 1 nonmagical way of curing them, and you probably already know what it is. If it's a regular curse, you should also know what the curse does to you, exactly.

Illven
2015-02-19, 12:13 AM
I think she's already got a good read of the curse. There's not much you can hide from her now. In fact...Luna, what did you learn of it? With the wind's wisdom, I can tell you that regular curses generally have 1 nonmagical way of curing them, and you probably already know what it is. If it's a regular curse, you should also know what the curse does to you, exactly.

"I do know why, it's why I always said no pets. If my allergies were as they once were, I'd grin and bear it." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 12:22 AM
"I do know why, it's why I always said no pets. If my allergies were as they once were, I'd grin and bear it." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

You mean the curse is your enhanced allergies? What's the nonmagical way of getting rid of it?

Illven
2015-02-19, 12:25 AM
You mean the curse is your enhanced allergies? What's the nonmagical way of getting rid of it?

"That I'm not willing to divulge." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 12:28 AM
"That I'm not willing to divulge." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

Ver sighs.

Looks like you'll have to leave, Luna, before she tells me. It may be simpler then it appears.

Illven
2015-02-19, 12:44 AM
Ver sighs.

Looks like you'll have to leave, Luna, before she tells me. It may be simpler then it appears.

Luna gives her mom a hateful tear stained glare.

Fine.

Mrs.Lienstein winces at that.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 12:47 AM
Okay, well... progress! Luna felt betrayed, but also expressed worry. And when Mrs. Lienstein had to explain at least some of it it would be a chance to bond! Sort of... f***.

"Luna, drop it," Alex advised her, putting a hand gently on her shoulder. "Or at least don't push it. I know it's f***ing scary in a way, and you feel like you should have known about it earlier. But right now you should really be focusing on a 'live and let live' sort of attitude between the two of you. If she wants to tell you she will, but if not she won't. Of course that goes out the window if she doesn't start treating you the same way going forward, but that would mean she'd have regressed back into b****iness at that point so I wouldn't really care," she added.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 12:53 AM
Okay, well... progress! Luna felt betrayed, but also expressed worry. And when Mrs. Lienstein had to explain at least some of it it would be a chance to bond! Sort of... f***.

"Luna, drop it," Alex advised her, putting a hand gently on her shoulder. "Or at least don't push it. I know it's f***ing scary in a way, and you feel like you should have known about it earlier. But right now you should really be focusing on a 'live and let live' sort of attitude between the two of you. If she wants to tell you she will, but if not she won't. Of course that goes out the window if she doesn't start treating you the same way going forward, but that would mean she'd have regressed back into b****iness at that point so I wouldn't really care," she added.

In the future, I recommend trusting her. Those tears weren't necessary. But now, the curse. What is the non magical cure?

Illven
2015-02-19, 01:02 AM

Why are you taking her side? Luna glared back, after a respectable distance

In the future, I recommend trusting her. Those tears weren't necessary. But now, the curse. What is the non magical cure?

"The man we were fighting over. I have to cut off all contact with him for a year and then my allergies will diminish to their normal state. If after that I contact him, they'll return." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "Course my parents didn't give me much choice in who I married. But he's still my closest dearest friend. And the only one in the world who loves me."

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 01:08 AM
Why are you taking her side? Luna glared back, after a respectable distance

"The man we were fighting over. I have to cut off all contact with him for a year and then my allergies will diminish to their normal state. If after that I contact him, they'll return." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "Course my parents didn't give me much choice in who I married. But he's still my closest dearest friend. And the only one in the world who loves me."

Who is the man you were fighting over? Your husband? Does he know about this? Is that why he's gone so much?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 01:08 AM
"Because F*** SIDES, that's why," Alex replied bluntly. "I don't give a s*** about sides. I give a s*** about you. If something she's actively doing is making you unhappy? I will f***ing slap her over it if necessary. But if she's just keeping a secret? It'd just encourage her to do the same thing to you if you started prying. Look Luna, your Mom is an idiot. A stupid, stupid idiot. But being stupid isn't the same thing as being evil, you know? If someone gets her one of those spray bottles you use to train cats or something she could even be tolerable to live with. And since you're stuck living with her I figure it's probably better to make her tolerable than to 'win'."

Illven
2015-02-19, 01:13 AM
Who is the man you were fighting over? Your husband? Does he know about this? Is that why he's gone so much?

"No, although in all honesty I wish that were the case. And he is never around because he's too busy ****ing woman in every city around the world." Mrs.Lienstein said honestly. "I remained faithful. I haven't slept with my friend."

"Because F*** SIDES, that's why," Alex replied bluntly. "I don't give a s*** about sides. I give a s*** about you. If something she's actively doing is making you unhappy? I will f***ing slap her over it if necessary. But if she's just keeping a secret? It'd just encourage her to do the same thing to you if you started prying. Look Luna, your Mom is an idiot. A stupid, stupid idiot. But being stupid isn't the same thing as being evil, you know? If someone gets her one of those spray bottles you use to train cats or something she could even be tolerable to live with. And since you're stuck living with her I figure it's probably better to make her tolerable than to 'win'."

Luna winces at first, but then sighs

I.... I suppose you're right.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 01:14 AM
"No, although in all honesty I wish that were the case. And he is never around because he's too busy ****ing woman in every city around the world." Mrs.Lienstein said honestly. "I remained faithful. I haven't slept with my friend."

Luna winces at first, but then sighs

I.... I suppose you're right.

...Has he told you why he cheats? And why do you remain married anyway? Divorce does exist these days. Even no fault divorce.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 01:19 AM
"F*** yeah I am. But I don't really blame you for not seeing it that way all the time," Alex went on, wrapping an arm around Luna's waist and snuggling up against her. "I know you can get huge a** blinders when it comes to your own folks. I mean mine are probably better than your Mom objectively speaking, but I still think they're the worst f***ing people on the planet," she had to chuckle bitterly.

"Well, we do have a party going on right now. It'd be a shame not to have some fun at it," Alex suggested. "I thought I saw some wine. Think everyone has their head up their own a** enough we could get away with sneaking some?" she teased.

Illven
2015-02-19, 01:32 AM
...Has he told you why he cheats? And why do you remain married anyway? Divorce does exist these days. Even no fault divorce.

"I know why he cheats. He hates the look of these." She replies gesturing to the scars. "And.... Well.... Promise to keep it confidential, even if it's illegal?"

"F*** yeah I am. But I don't really blame you for not seeing it that way all the time," Alex went on, wrapping an arm around Luna's waist and snuggling up against her. "I know you can get huge a** blinders when it comes to your own folks. I mean mine are probably better than your Mom objectively speaking, but I still think they're the worst f***ing people on the planet," she had to chuckle bitterly.

"Well, we do have a party going on right now. It'd be a shame not to have some fun at it," Alex suggested. "I thought I saw some wine. Think everyone has their head up their own a** enough we could get away with sneaking some?" she teased.

Or I could just make us invisible. Luna replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 01:38 AM
Alex blinks in surprise. "You can do that already? ...I probably shouldn't say even half the things I'm thinking right now," she stuck out her tongue teasingly. "Still it's your birthday, if being invisible to drink wine is what you want to do than it sound kick a** to me. Alright even if it wasn't it'd still be kick a** to me, so yeah we should do that."

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 01:39 AM
"I know why he cheats. He hates the look of these." She replies gesturing to the scars. "And.... Well.... Promise to keep it confidential, even if it's illegal?"

Ver sighs at that one. As long as it's not violent, fine. Even Doctors and Therapists have a duty to report things if someone's in direct danger. I can't, for example, keep it secret if you mention you've joined Al Qaeda yesterday.

(OOC:Assuming I can agree to those terms. If that's not acceptable, let me know what is.)

Illven
2015-02-19, 01:55 AM
Alex blinks in surprise. "You can do that already? ...I probably shouldn't say even half the things I'm thinking right now," she stuck out her tongue teasingly. "Still it's your birthday, if being invisible to drink wine is what you want to do than it sound kick a** to me. Alright even if it wasn't it'd still be kick a** to me, so yeah we should do that."

I won't drink, but if you want to. Luna replied.

Ver sighs at that one. As long as it's not violent, fine. Even Doctors and Therapists have a duty to report things if someone's in direct danger. I can't, for example, keep it secret if you mention you've joined Al Qaeda yesterday.

(OOC:Assuming I can agree to those terms. If that's not acceptable, let me know what is.)

"My parents threatened by friend if I didn't marry and stay married to my husband." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 02:03 AM
"Nah I better not. It's no fun drinking without company," Alex sighed. "Plus it'd kind of ruin your birthday if I ended up getting sloshed. I'm kind of a horny drunk, so I'd probably pull you away from someone and live out that study fantasy of yours," she teased. "Which granted would be f***ing awesome, but there's a reason you invited everyone. And that reason was not so they can hear banging."

jamieth
2015-02-19, 02:07 AM

"Oh, so I was right", Kath chuckles, overhearing the last part, "You can do invisibility already? You see, Ver was warning me that you could dispel my dress should you feel mischievous, and I said you could turn the real one invisible just as well, so no differ really. And, Alex, if you don't mind us drinking juice, I'll gladly join you two... if you don't mind, of course."

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:11 AM
"Nah I better not. It's no fun drinking without company," Alex sighed. "Plus it'd kind of ruin your birthday if I ended up getting sloshed. I'm kind of a horny drunk, so I'd probably pull you away from someone and live out that study fantasy of yours," she teased. "Which granted would be f***ing awesome, but there's a reason you invited everyone. And that reason was not so they can hear banging."

"Oh, so I was right", Kath chuckles, overhearing the last part, "You can do invisibility already? You see, Ver was warning me that you could dispel my dress should you feel mischievous, and I said you could turn the real one invisible just as well, so no differ really. And, Alex, if you don't mind us drinking juice, I'll gladly join you two... if you don't mind, of course."

Of course you can come. Luna replied hugging Katherine. Let's at least check it out.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:19 AM
"My parents threatened by friend if I didn't marry and stay married to my husband." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Are your parents still a threat? And just how will they threaten anybody? More to the point...if you can gain your daughter's goodwill, and you divorce the man who still thinks concubines are acceptable practice and marry the man you originally loved...she is a lightning sorceress. Attacking a mage with violence tends to end badly for the attacker.

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:24 AM
Are your parents still a threat? And just how will they threaten anybody? More to the point...if you can gain your daughter's goodwill, and you divorce the man who still thinks concubines are acceptable practice and marry the man you originally loved...she is a lightning sorceress. Attacking a mage with violence tends to end badly for the attacker.

"They are rich. They could hire someone." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "It's just not going to work. Besides Luna's not likely to stay with me."

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:32 AM
"They are rich. They could hire someone." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "It's just not going to work. Besides Luna's not likely to stay with me."

In the long term, no. For the next 4 years, until she hits 18? She probably will. And hiring a hitman can end...VERY badly for those who hire. Besides, you're wealthy yourself. You could put in enough security systems that even a mouse couldn't get in here without triggering with something. But the fact they're even threatening such a thing tells me they're still abusing even now. Even beyond those scars. Breaking free is what it takes to heal. Whether that's pressing legal charges or hiring enough security to stop any attack. But you need your freedom as much as your daughter needs hers. Now then. To find the happiness you always wanted...first, we need get rid of this curse. We'll have to do it by magic, because the whole forbidden love thing doesn't work out for anybody. As for the scars...get rid of them if you like, or keep them if the man you really love would love you anyway, and thus prove himself superior to your husband. As a doctor in my last life, I think you're better off getting rid of them, but as long as you triumph over your parents, it doesn't really matter. I won't tell you what to do...but I and the other mages gathered here can at least give you the option to do what you've always wanted to do. You needn't take it...but it'll be available.

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:38 AM
"Is scar tissue that unhealthy?" Alice asked.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:40 AM
"Is scar tissue that unhealthy?" Alice asked.

Might cause some muscle pain later in life. Scarring often does...besides, scars that big suggest muscle damage beneath. And I have good news. That witch who cursed you? Among the weakest witches ever. I can do this myself, as it turns out. Give me a minute...

Ver glows with power...and calling the wind and her own white magic, proceeds to break the curse outright! It shatters like spun glass, and the enhanced allergies are gone.

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:41 AM
Might cause some muscle pain later in life. Scarring often does...besides, scars that big suggest muscle damage beneath. And I have good news. That witch who cursed you? Among the weakest witches ever. I can do this myself, as it turns out. Give me a minute...

Ver glows with power...and calling the wind and her own white magic, proceeds to break the curse outright! It shatters like spun glass, and the enhanced allergies are gone.

"..... Thank you...." Alice replies with the breaking of the curse.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:46 AM
"..... Thank you...." Alice replies with the breaking of the curse.

Well, that's one problem down. Now...is security going to be enough to make you comfortable with a divorce if you want one?

However, before you make any such decisions...Luna apparently does love her dad, but given your penchant for secrecy, I doubt she knows about his philandering, or any half siblings that may have resulted from it.

Necroticplague
2015-02-19, 04:35 AM
With the situation having significantly calmed down, P'ro'shi stops pretending to be a shadowy piece of wall off in the corner.
"Now that nobody's choking, what was with the screaming earlier? I'm not that scary, am I?"

jamieth
2015-02-19, 04:56 AM
"Hi, P'ro'shii - you're here after all? I never noticed you, thought you decided to skip", Kath chuckles only half-jockingly, "Long story short, Luna and her mom went all angry on each other, them Luna's mom run away, Alex went to knock some sense into her... not literally, luckily... and now Ver's trying to talk Luna's mom into something, and, oh..." due to nature of her dress, Kath was curently probbaly the most sensitive - besides the angel, of course - when it came to air currents, and the sudden raqsh of air towards tthe room Ver was doing magic on Luna's mom didn't went unnoticed, "It seems she just discharged the main caliber. Meanwhile, we're going to get our birthday girl high on juice to cheer her up a bit."

Necroticplague
2015-02-19, 05:41 AM
"Hi, P'ro'shii - you're here after all? I never noticed you, thought you decided to skip", Kath chuckles only half-jockingly, "Long story short, Luna and her mom went all angry on each other, them Luna's mom run away, Alex went to knock some sense into her... not literally, luckily... and now Ver's trying to talk Luna's mom into something, and, oh..." due to nature of her dress, Kath was curently probbaly the most sensitive - besides the angel, of course - when it came to air currents, and the sudden raqsh of air towards tthe room Ver was doing magic on Luna's mom didn't went unnoticed, "It seems she just discharged the main caliber. Meanwhile, we're going to get our birthday girl high on juice to cheer her up a bit."

"I know all that stuff already. Heck, I stood here in the room and watched what happened after a certain point in Alex's conversation. What I'm more confused about is why Mrs. Leinstein screamed when she saw me."

jamieth
2015-02-19, 05:55 AM
"I know all that stuff already. Heck, I stood here in the room and watched what happened after a certain point in Alex's conversation. What I'm more confused about is why Mrs. Leinstein screamed when she saw me."

"Oh, that? No idea. But then - sorry, Luna, but it's the truth - I've no idea why Mrs. Liensbeck does half the stuff she does..."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 11:54 AM
"Privacy man, privacy," Alex explained. "She wanted to keep that s*** on the down low, so when you came in she wanted you to get the f*** out so you couldn't blab to anyone. A moot point at this point, but that's what it was at the time."

Illven
2015-02-19, 01:34 PM
Well, that's one problem down. Now...is security going to be enough to make you comfortable with a divorce if you want one?

However, before you make any such decisions...Luna apparently does love her dad, but given your penchant for secrecy, I doubt she knows about his philandering, or any half siblings that may have resulted from it.

"No. It's not my place to say, and I'm not sure she'd believe me." Mrs.Lienstein added.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 01:44 PM
"No. It's not my place to say, and I'm not sure she'd believe me." Mrs.Lienstein added.

Maybe not. However, there's another way to do it. You could just invite every half sibling over for a party that you know of. The evidence is then irrefutable. It might also help your cause if his various concubines meet each other. Jealousy is a potent motivator.

However, you're right. I doubt she'll take your word over her dad's when she loves him and not you. You'll need hard evidence he can't deny...the kind you'd present to divorce court...before you present it to her. In general, if a court of law wouldn't take it, I wouldn't bet on Luna taking it either. Might as well collect that sort of evidence anyway.

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:01 PM
Maybe not. However, there's another way to do it. You could just invite every half sibling over for a party that you know of. The evidence is then irrefutable. It might also help your cause if his various concubines meet each other. Jealousy is a potent motivator.

However, you're right. I doubt she'll take your word over her dad's when she loves him and not you. You'll need hard evidence he can't deny...the kind you'd present to divorce court...before you present it to her. In general, if a court of law wouldn't take it, I wouldn't bet on Luna taking it either. Might as well collect that sort of evidence anyway.

"Hell, Luna might not take it anyway." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "The court would have no reason to go into denial. Luna would."

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:12 PM
"Hell, Luna might not take it anyway." Mrs.Lienstein replied. "The court would have no reason to go into denial. Luna would."

True. Let us suppose, then, that her finding out about it does not come from you. Perhaps if she finds out from a third party? Not me, mind, it can't come from one of her friends...it has to come from one of his friends. An innocuous question about 'which of your girlfriends are you going to see next?' from a fellow adult male is probably the best way to go.

Illven
2015-02-19, 02:26 PM
True. Let us suppose, then, that her finding out about it does not come from you. Perhaps if she finds out from a third party? Not me, mind, it can't come from one of her friends...it has to come from one of his friends. An innocuous question about 'which of your girlfriends are you going to see next?' from a fellow adult male is probably the best way to go.

"That seems... a little staged." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 02:29 PM
"That seems... a little staged." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

True. I'm probably flashbacking to court intrigues of old, where everything was staged, since the idea of a powerful man with a wife he despises and many concubines was more common in centuries gone by. Do you have a suggestion yourself?

Illven
2015-02-19, 03:14 PM
True. I'm probably flashbacking to court intrigues of old, where everything was staged, since the idea of a powerful man with a wife he despises and many concubines was more common in centuries gone by. Do you have a suggestion yourself?

"Not really. I think the biggest issue for Luna would be the half siblings she doesn't know about." Mrs.Lienstein replied lying down.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 03:53 PM
"Not really. I think the biggest issue for Luna would be the half siblings she doesn't know about." Mrs.Lienstein replied lying down.

Do you believe it would benefit or harm her to be introduced to those half siblings?

Illven
2015-02-19, 04:17 PM
Do you believe it would benefit or harm her to be introduced to those half siblings?

"I don't know." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 04:22 PM
"I don't know." Mrs.Lienstein replied.

Secrets bear a heavy weight. Possibly a heavier weight then you'd ever want to bear...or your daughter to bear. The truth can set you free, it's said...but the truth can also do a lot of damage on its way through. Still, I've never seen anybody heal from lies.

Illven
2015-02-19, 04:40 PM
"I've seen lies heal." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 04:58 PM
"I've seen lies heal." Mrs.Lienstein replies.

Are you sure it was really healed? Or just covered up? People can ignore wounds, even deny them, for a long time.

Illven
2015-02-19, 05:25 PM

Episode 6 Scene 7

And it is now dinner time.

Mrs.Lienstein is eating in her room for now. She has stated she'll come out later. You're welcome to join her, but she's not ready for the table.

Eating at the table

Allure Be charming and sweet. +1 VP with both protagonists.

Conflict Someone.... someone should have made sure that boar was cooked..... Or at least dead before putting it on the table. +2 VP with Jennifer.

Eating with Luna's mom

Skill. Gather info. +2 VP with Luna

Luck. ???? +2 VP with Luna.

Esprit15
2015-02-19, 06:32 PM
Taika had watched quietly from the background the whole drama with Luna's mother unfold, and was mixed. On one hand, she wanted things to turn out for the best, really. However, she also wanted her time with Jennifer, and a plan was already working its way into her head to do both... After the large therapy session, Taika gets everyone some water. Very delicious, well needed water, after all of that talking. And in all but Jennifer's something to cause that deliciousness - a harmless little potion that raises empathy and lowers inhibition. Everyone will want to help Mrs. Lienstein, whether they would normally or not...

...and someone apparently didn't kill the boar. How you fail to remember that, she'd never understand. Maybe it was a rich person thing. Still, she'd helped her mother with enough animal offerings that she knew how to quiet the animal quickly. "Jen, pass me a knife."
Shadow out of Time!
Everyone (Exceptions noted below): Luck
Gwen: Skill

Taika: Conflict (-1), Unopposed

Angelalex242
2015-02-19, 07:10 PM
Taika had watched quietly from the background the whole drama with Luna's mother unfold, and was mixed. On one hand, she wanted things to turn out for the best, really. However, she also wanted her time with Jennifer, and a plan was already working its way into her head to do both... After the large therapy session, Taika gets everyone some water. Very delicious, well needed water, after all of that talking. And in all but Jennifer's something to cause that deliciousness - a harmless little potion that raises empathy and lowers inhibition. Everyone will want to help Mrs. Lienstein, whether they would normally or not... Oh damn, she had forgotten that Gwen was undead. The inhibition inhibitor wouldn't affect her at all.

...and someone apparently didn't kill the boar. How you fail to remember that, she'd never understand. Maybe it was a rich person thing. Still, she'd helped her mother with enough animal offerings that she knew how to quiet the animal quickly. "Jen, pass me a knife."
Shadow out of Time!
Everyone (Exceptions noted below): Luck
Gwen: Allure (Unopposed)

Taika: Conflict (-1), Unopposed

Ver was sitting down with Mrs. Lienstein...with that open window nearby, when she suddenly suffers a terrible headache. It thwarts her mind, rendering her rather impressive therapy skills useless. Even so, she recognized the terrible effects of the mind altering magic.

Sorry, Mrs. Lienstein, I'm not feeling well, all of the sudden. Here, I'll shut the window. The air won't do me any good till I recover..

Ver shuts the window...sort of stumbling on the way over...and shuts it, cutting off the cold draft that empowered her.

Neutral Luck. (Forced)

Anubis Dread
2015-02-19, 07:17 PM
"...wait, why am I back here?" Alex frowned in confusion. "Not that I'm complaining, you're good company Mrs. Lienstein. And I can't think of many people I'd rather oggle while eating. But I was going to... meh, doesn't matter too much I guess," she shrugged. You got used to this sort of thing after a while.

Neutral Luck, +2 Personality Flip.

jamieth
2015-02-20, 01:17 AM
This room positively gets crowded... Kath thought, following everyone to check on Mrs. Liensbeck, it's just waiting for something to happen... something horrible, following the general rule of the universe.
Weak Luck

Illven
2015-02-20, 05:40 PM
Jen hands Takia the knife.

I'll cook it? She offers.

In Alice's room.

Luna's mom makes a special phone call, before moving to eat dinner on the desk.

Alex got up to get a re-fill.

"What is it with you and my chest...." Alice replied face-palming.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 05:43 PM
"...f*** it, I'm not moving this time," Alex's voice came out muffled. "Seriously if I had a chest like this I'd never leave my room."

...alright fine. Alex sighed before pulling her face out. "I swear it isn't intentional, though I kind of wish it was so I didn't look like such a f***ing clutz," Alex admitted.

Necroticplague
2015-02-20, 05:43 PM
P'ro'shi had wanted to eat with ms Liechstein. She had reasons for this, but she forgot them. She probably intended to ask a question, but it leaped out of her head when the angel mumbling on about the wind. What was with the sudden windy thing, anyway? Did she have a particularly successful game of SBURB off-screen? Nah, the land quest would have done something about the stick firmly lodged in her rectum. Where does that expression come from anyway?

And such, the tentacled one's thought patterns keep going around while she quietly eats.

Weak Luck

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 05:50 PM
Jen hands Takia the knife.

I'll cook it? She offers.

In Alice's room.

Luna's mom makes a special phone call, before moving to eat dinner on the desk.

Alex got up to get a re-fill.

"What is it with you and my chest...." Alice replied face-palming.

Ver stayed quietly seated...she appeared to have some kind of migraine, and wasn't really feeling all that interactive.

Illven
2015-02-20, 05:59 PM
"...f*** it, I'm not moving this time," Alex's voice came out muffled. "Seriously if I had a chest like this I'd never leave my room."

...alright fine. Alex sighed before pulling her face out. "I swear it isn't intentional, though I kind of wish it was so I didn't look like such a f***ing clutz," Alex admitted.

"So.... I think you know Luna best.... With the curse broken, I got her a cat for her birthday. Think she'll like it." Alice asked awkwardly.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 06:01 PM
Wait... the curse broke? When the hell did that happen?! She left the room for like five minutes! It was a good thing, but still! S*** moved fast.

"I think she will. She seems to like it when I talk about Baron Razordeath the Destroyer, so having a cat of her own will make her happy," Alex nodded in agreement. That and since she'd been denied one by her mother for so long she'd want one even if she hated cats just to be contrary, but Alice had enough issues without her bringing that up again.

Illven
2015-02-20, 06:04 PM
Ver stayed quietly seated...she appeared to have some kind of migraine, and wasn't really feeling all that interactive.

The doctor comes up to you. "Are you okay, Ms.Angel?"

Wait... the curse broke? When the hell did that happen?! She left the room for like five minutes! It was a good thing, but still! S*** moved fast.

"I think she will. She seems to like it when I talk about Baron Razordeath the Destroyer, so having a cat of her own will make her happy," Alex nodded in agreement. That and since she'd been denied one by her mother for so long she'd want one even if she hated cats just to be contrary, but Alice had enough issues without her bringing that up again.

"So what's it like?" Alice asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 06:08 PM
"Having a cat? It's kind of like having a living teddy that doesn't like hugs and carries a knife," Alex chuckled. "Barry is kind of an easy going cat. He just likes being left only and curling up on your lap for the odd pat. It's really nice just having someone around to talk to though you know? Who won't talk back anyway," she ammended.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 06:09 PM
The doctor comes up to you. "Are you okay, Ms.Angel?"

"So what's it like?" Alice asked.

I just have a migraine all of the sudden. Don't know where it came from. I did manage to break the curse, though, so you won't have that to worry about anymore, at least.

Ver's head was down on the table, as she tried to gather herself.

Necroticplague
2015-02-20, 06:13 PM
"....that's quite a title for a pet."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 06:16 PM

"Yeah I usually shorten it to Barry or Bar," Alex admitted. "I got him when I was like four and my parents let me name him."

Illven
2015-02-20, 06:17 PM
"Having a cat? It's kind of like having a living teddy that doesn't like hugs and carries a knife," Alex chuckled. "Barry is kind of an easy going cat. He just likes being left only and curling up on your lap for the odd pat. It's really nice just having someone around to talk to though you know? Who won't talk back anyway," she ammended.

"Isn't there a de-claw thing?" Alice asked.

I just have a migraine all of the sudden. Don't know where it came from. I did manage to break the curse, though, so you won't have that to worry about anymore, at least.

Ver's head was down on the table, as she tried to gather herself.

"Do you need medicine?" The doctor asked?

"Grandiose names for pets are not exactly uncommon." Alice replied.

Necroticplague
2015-02-20, 06:20 PM

"Yeah, but their claws are actually a part of their bones, de=clawing them would be like cutting off everything past your third knuckle."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 06:23 PM

"There is, but it's expensive and some people say it's cruel to the cat. We never had Barry declawed, but you have more money and more expensive things to wreck," Alex shrugged.

...wait, didn't the curse just get lifted? How the hell did she get a kitten so fast? She swore rich people had super speed or something.

Illven
2015-02-20, 06:26 PM
"Yeah, but their claws are actually a part of their bones, de=clawing them would be like cutting off everything past your third knuckle."

"Ohhhh.... Oh....." Alice replied wincing.

"There is, but it's expensive and some people say it's cruel to the cat. We never had Barry declawed, but you have more money and more expensive things to wreck," Alex shrugged.

...wait, didn't the curse just get lifted? How the hell did she get a kitten so fast? She swore rich people had super speed or something.

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 06:34 PM
Taika gets a smile on her face. "Perfect." Taika tried to approach the boar in as kind a manner as possible, smiling and making very slow movements as she moves toward the frightened animal.

And then slashes for its throat.

Illven
2015-02-20, 06:40 PM
Taika gets a smile on her face. "Perfect." Taika tried to approach the boar in as kind a manner as possible, smiling and making very slow movements as she moves toward the frightened animal.

And then slashes for its throat.

The rest of the party goers look sickened by the slaughter.

But Jen flashes you a smile, and starts warming up the beast.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 06:54 PM
"Do you need medicine?" The doctor asked?

Not sure it'd help. Do you even have anything for a migraine in there?

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 07:13 PM
"What, you were going to eat it," the witch says nonchalantly as she wipes the blade on a napkin, holding the boar still as it died. She hums a tune to the creature, making a silent prayer for its spirit before allowing Jen to cook the animal. "Don't like being reminded that your meal was once living?"

Necroticplague
2015-02-20, 07:16 PM
"Maybe you can try doing what I do when I get headaches: drill a hole in my head. Hurts a little at first, but really makes me feel better."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:18 PM
"Well, that explains why you never got those hints that I wanted to make out with you," Alex mused. "Extensive brain damage. If you have a brain. Anyway I'm pretty sure that would kill her."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 07:22 PM
It would. P'ro'shi, your species is probably the toughest there is. No other being can survive a hole drilled through their head.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:27 PM
"...god damn it Verthandi, stop trying to challenge me do something stupid," Alex cursed.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 07:31 PM
"...god damn it Verthandi, stop trying to challenge me do something stupid," Alex cursed.

That was not meant to be a challenge, and please do not attempt that. Also, try to remember I'm out of sorts right now.

Illven
2015-02-20, 07:31 PM
Not sure it'd help. Do you even have anything for a migraine in there?

"I do." The doctor replies.

"What, you were going to eat it," the witch says nonchalantly as she wipes the blade on a napkin, holding the boar still as it died. She hums a tune to the creature, making a silent prayer for its spirit before allowing Jen to cook the animal. "Don't like being reminded that your meal was once living?"

Not particularly. Luna replied.

"Maybe you can try doing what I do when I get headaches: drill a hole in my head. Hurts a little at first, but really makes me feel better."

"I would recommend against that." The doctor adds with a glare/

"Well, that explains why you never got those hints that I wanted to make out with you," Alex mused. "Extensive brain damage. If you have a brain. Anyway I'm pretty sure that would kill her."

Alice rolls her eyes/

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:34 PM
That was not meant to be a challenge, and please do not attempt that. Also, try to remember I'm out of sorts right now.

"What part of 'no other being could survive it' isn't a challenge? I've gotten into hospital over stupider s***. That said I was also stupider at the time, and doubt my skull is stronger than a drill," Alex admitted.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 07:39 PM
"I do." The doctor replies.

Not particularly. Luna replied.

"I would recommend against that." The doctor adds with a glare/

Alice rolls her eyes/

I'll take whatever you've got then.
Also, Alex, I really don't want you trying to kill yourself to prove me wrong. Enough suicidal tendencies around here already without you jumping in.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:42 PM
"Woooow, that was dark," Alex blinks in surprise. "Not to mention inaccurate. That's probably the only piece of drama we DON'T have going on right now."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 07:43 PM
"Woooow, that was dark," Alex blinks in surprise. "Not to mention inaccurate. That's probably the only piece of drama we DON'T have going on right now."

That you know of. I'm not at liberty to disclose more.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:48 PM
"Right. If it's because of some sort of patient confidentiality thing you already broke it just by saying that, but new topic!" Alex attempted. "So uh... s*** whenever I try to do a topic change I always end up leaping to boobs. And Mrs. Lienstein is probably already a bit sick of me talking about hers."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 07:55 PM
"Right. If it's because of some sort of patient confidentiality thing you already broke it just by saying that, but new topic!" Alex attempted. "So uh... s*** whenever I try to do a topic change I always end up leaping to boobs. And Mrs. Lienstein is probably already a bit sick of me talking about hers."

If I was feeling better I'd tell you to leap into mine and be done with it.

Sadly, her medicine hadn't kicked in yet...if she'd even received it yet.

Illven
2015-02-20, 07:57 PM
"I... really don't care right now." Alice replied in the topic of boobs.

Verthandi has received meds

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 07:58 PM
"I take it most of you will be having salad then?"

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 07:59 PM
"N-no thank you," Alex replied. Holy sweat might burn as much as holy water after all. She had no idea how it worked, but she wasn't touching anything angel when she didn't know if it could scorch her skin off or not.

"You doing okay?" Alex asked concerned at Alice's reply. She thought their talk and getting rid of the curse (apparently) would have helped her mood a little.

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:00 PM
"I take it most of you will be having salad then?"

I know I will. Luna replied.

"N-no thank you," Alex replied. Holy sweat might burn as much as holy water after all. She had no idea how it worked, but she wasn't touching anything angel when she didn't know if it could scorch her skin off or not.

"You doing okay?" Alex asked concerned at Alice's reply. She thought their talk and getting rid of the curse (apparently) would have helped her mood a little.

"Overwhelmed." Alice admitted.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:03 PM
"Yeah, I've just been watching and giving advice and I still have whiplash from how quickly s*** is moving," Alex admitted. They find out she has a curse and the curse is cured in the same day. At the same time Luna and her mother finally have a heart to heart... and it involved Luna saying she doesn't love her. Except she sort of did because... f*** it was complicated and a s****y situation, that was explanation enough.

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:08 PM
"Yeah, I've just been watching and giving advice and I still have whiplash from how quickly s*** is moving," Alex admitted. They find out she has a curse and the curse is cured in the same day. At the same time Luna and her mother finally have a heart to heart... and it involved Luna saying she doesn't love her. Except she sort of did because... f*** it was complicated and a s****y situation, that was explanation enough.

"You okay?" Alice replied putting a hand on Alex.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:15 PM
"...I am really sorry if I ever treated you like you were a b****," Alex apologized. "The fact you're asking me if I'm okay when all of this s*** is centered on you is pretty damn awesome of you. And hey, a lot of s*** has happened today. You have some sound advice to go off of, you got rid of that curse... whatever that did besides making you scarred... well the point is things are going to get better."

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:19 PM
"You have." Alice replied frankly. "Several times."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:26 PM
"Those were in self-defence. You called me a girl," Alex protested. "And got uppity at me for punching Luna's psycotic fiance. And... alright can we agree the fault is about fifty fifty or so and move from there? Stupidity is like lice - it's kind of pointless tracking down where it all started from."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 08:26 PM

Alex...take my hand for a moment...

The meds were starting to help, at least.

She offers a hand to Alex.

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:29 PM
"Those were in self-defence. You called me a girl," Alex protested. "And got uppity at me for punching Luna's psycotic fiance. And... alright can we agree the fault is about fifty fifty or so and move from there? Stupidity is like lice - it's kind of pointless tracking down where it all started from."

"Your point? Do you hate frilly girl stuff that much?" Alice asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:34 PM
"Yes! I was forced to be a girl until I was like ten! Then when I started actually not being one my parents treat me like I'm a f***ing re**** for dressing in boy clothes! Then when they realize it isn't a phase we get into a game of 'who can burn the clothes currently in the wardrobe the quickest' and s*** just escalates from there! I get enough 'you're a girl's at home, I don't want it from people who don't even know me!"

Alex pants in rage, before grabbing ahold of Verthandi's offered hand roughly and squeezing it like a stressball a few times. Calming down, she continued. "Look I just have some issues okay? We kind of got off on the wrong foot that first day we met because you not only hit a trigger but ignored me when I said it was one. I'm sorry I flew off the handle there."

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:38 PM
"My apologies." Alice replied holding up her hands as if to ward Alex off.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 08:38 PM
"Yes! I was forced to be a girl until I was like ten! Then when I started actually not being one my parents treat me like I'm a f***ing re**** for dressing in boy clothes! Then when they realize it isn't a phase we get into a game of 'who can burn the clothes currently in the wardrobe the quickest' and s*** just escalates from there! I get enough 'you're a girl's at home, I don't want it from people who don't even know me!"

Alex pants in rage, before grabbing ahold of Verthandi's offered hand roughly and squeezing it like a stressball a few times. Calming down, she continued. "Look I just have some issues okay? We kind of got off on the wrong foot that first day we met because you not only hit a trigger but ignored me when I said it was one. I'm sorry I flew off the handle there."

I'd like to point out you're in no pain. Though you're squeezing a little hard.

Ver winced.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:41 PM
"...huh. Yeah considering the last angel I physically abused turned out to have a skeleton structure made of glass that probably isn't a good idea," Alex admitted, letting go of the hand.

Oh f***... Alex sighed. "I'm not going to bite you for f***s sake. I just get worked up about things that are important to me. Sometimes that doesn't work out so well, but I'm not going to punch someone over calling me names or insulting me. Luna maybe, me no," she adds. "Though you're not NEARLY enough of a d*** to earn a punch, even at your worst. You have to get to 'would try to kill a teacher given a chance' levels of d***ery to earn that."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 08:43 PM
"...huh. Yeah considering the last angel I physically abused turned out to have a skeleton structure made of glass that probably isn't a good idea," Alex admitted, letting go of the hand.

Oh f***... Alex sighed. "I'm not going to bite you for f***s sake. I just get worked up about things that are important to me. Sometimes that doesn't work out so well, but I'm not going to punch someone over calling me names or insulting me. Luna maybe, me no," she adds. "Though you're not NEARLY enough of a d*** to earn a punch, even at your worst. You have to get to 'would try to kill a teacher given a chance' levels of d***ery to earn that."

I'm not made of glass, Alex. Luke was exceptionally delicate, and he had a bone disease that plagues him in every life. Osteoporosis variant, or something. However, I am not a warrior like you either. It is part of my nature to be gentle.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:46 PM
I'm not made of glass, Alex. Luke was exceptionally delicate, and he had a bone disease that plagues him in every life. Osteoporosis variant, or something. However, I am not a warrior like you either. It is part of my nature to be gentle.

"Why do you keep calling me a warrior? I've never warred anything," Alex frowns. "I mean sure I can snap and all, but that doesn't make me a warrior or anything. Hell included judo I've probably only ever beaten up, what, fifty people? And a bear I guess, but it was a pretty damn small bear. Not exactly warrior material."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 08:50 PM
"Why do you keep calling me a warrior? I've never warred anything," Alex frowns. "I mean sure I can snap and all, but that doesn't make me a warrior or anything. Hell included judo I've probably only ever beaten up, what, fifty people? And a bear I guess, but it was a pretty damn small bear. Not exactly warrior material."

Because in Greece, back in the day, there was a cult of Artemis...what are now known as Amazons. They were full of girls full of fight, who carried sword and shield and bow as well as any man. You remind me of them. And while you don't use weapons...you train to fight, and you're good at it. And judo is an honorable martial art to practice. So you've earned your title.

Ver paused.

I suppose warrior is my way of acknowledging you kick...hindquarters.

Ver is reluctant to swear in polite society.

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:54 PM
Because in Greece, back in the day, there was a cult of Artemis...what are now known as Amazons. They were full of girls full of fight, who carried sword and shield and bow as well as any man. You remind me of them. And while you don't use weapons...you train to fight, and you're good at it. And judo is an honorable martial art to practice. So you've earned your title.

Ver paused.

I suppose warrior is my way of acknowledging you kick...hindquarters.

Ver is reluctant to swear in polite society.

"Didn't they cut off a boob?" Alice replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 08:56 PM
"Didn't they cut off a boob?" Alice replied.

Archers, sometimes. The practice was discontinued when many died of infection from the wound, and concluded Artemis didn't approve of the idea. It's not exactly a small wound. A melee fighter like Alex wouldn't, though.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 08:57 PM
"Sorry, cut off a what now?" Alex asked dryly, patting the flat front of her suit.

Illven
2015-02-20, 08:58 PM
Archers, sometimes. The practice was discontinued when many died of infection from the wound, and concluded Artemis didn't approve of the idea. It's not exactly a small wound. A melee fighter like Alex wouldn't, though.

"I thought Amazon's were like a mix. Weaken with bows, and grab melee weapons to clean up." Alice replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 09:00 PM
"I thought Amazon's were like a mix. Weaken with bows, and grab melee weapons to clean up." Alice replied.

Oh, no, their strategy was much more sophisticated then that. You don't take on Spartans by having everyone do double duty. They performed far better when their archers and melee fighters were separate units.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 09:01 PM
"Weren't amazons only a myth?" Alex had to ask. "And you know... tall?"

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 09:02 PM
"Weren't amazons only a myth?" Alex had to ask. "And you know... tall?"

The tall part was certainly a myth. Women back then weren't magically taller or anything. But females who wanted to kill things? That is no myth.

Illven
2015-02-20, 09:05 PM
The tall part was certainly a myth. Women back then weren't magically taller or anything. But females who wanted to kill things? That is no myth.

"That's not a myth today." Alice muttered.

Anubis Dread
2015-02-20, 09:05 PM
"Well yeah of course, what woman hasn't wanted to kill someone at some point or another?" Alex asked. "But if every woman who wanted someone dead was an amazon we'd be up to our d***s in amazons by now. I mean there was never an all woman warrior society right? At least not back in the days of Greece."

Angelalex242
2015-02-20, 09:08 PM
"Well yeah of course, what woman hasn't wanted to kill someone at some point or another?" Alex asked. "But if every woman who wanted someone dead was an amazon we'd be up to our d***s in amazons by now. I mean there was never an all woman warrior society right? At least not back in the days of Greece."

It was an all female religious cult of Artemis, to be exact. But they weren't really a country or anything, and held no political power. Still...angry females empowered by religion? The results are obvious.

Necroticplague
2015-02-20, 09:53 PM

"I do have a brain, however, damaging it would not effect my personality in any way. My brains just a go-between for my body and my core."

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 09:57 PM
I know I will. Luna replied.

"Suit yourself. This is certainly more lively than I would have expected."

Illven
2015-02-20, 10:00 PM
"Suit yourself. This is certainly more lively than I would have expected."

I suppose it'll be fresh. Luna replied sarcastically.

Is is. Jen teased back.

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 10:38 PM
"Well yes, it still had plans this evening."

Illven
2015-02-20, 10:42 PM
"Well yes, it still had plans this evening."

Was it going to settle down with a fine lady pig. Jen asked.

(Historians would note this was the day Luina turned to vegetarianism)

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 10:50 PM
"Of course not. They were going to go on a date, maybe watch a movie. He was a classy porker."

Illven
2015-02-20, 11:01 PM
"Of course not. They were going to go on a date, maybe watch a movie. He was a classy porker."

Luna at this point actually leaves the room.

*sigh* Think we should go after her?

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 11:25 PM
"I suppose... Luna, hey Luna! We were kidding!"

Illven
2015-02-20, 11:39 PM
"I suppose... Luna, hey Luna! We were kidding!"

I don't know why, I just find it offensive as hell. Luna replied as you caught up with her.

Esprit15
2015-02-20, 11:58 PM
"Why? What is wrong with a little humor?"

Illven
2015-02-21, 12:09 AM
"Why? What is wrong with a little humor?"

I..... I don't know.... It's just.... Ugh.... I'd hate it if it were done to me. Luna replied.

Esprit15
2015-02-21, 12:44 AM
"I guess I'm a bit of a dark person. I'd want people to be in good humor after I died. I was always taught to remember where my food comes from, and this is how we often would do so."

Illven
2015-02-21, 01:25 AM
It was an all female religious cult of Artemis, to be exact. But they weren't really a country or anything, and held no political power. Still...angry females empowered by religion? The results are obvious.

"I don't know me and Luna aren't religious. I mean she spends all her time at charities, but the bibles are the one set of book she won't touch." Alice replied

"I guess I'm a bit of a dark person. I'd want people to be in good humor after I died. I was always taught to remember where my food comes from, and this is how we often would do so."

I'm sorry, I'll try to be more sensitive to your culture. Luna replied.

Angelalex242
2015-02-21, 01:33 AM
"I don't know me and Luna aren't religious. I mean she spends all her time at charities, but the bibles are the one set of book she won't touch." Alice replied

I'm sorry, I'll try to be more sensitive to your culture. Luna replied.

Might be for the best. Few people actually practice the religion they claim to be. And that's all throughout history, regardless of creed. Whether it's Amazons of Artemis taking being a Huntress a LITTLE too far, or worse, Maenads, whose religion was basically get drunk, have sex, and kill people...or modern religions today...few people actually do what they're told. You're closer to what most religions tell you to be doing charity work then you are going to church.

Esprit15
2015-02-21, 01:38 AM
"Please, you think you're the first person I'be offended? I'm just making sure you know I don't mean any malice."

Anubis Dread
2015-02-21, 01:41 AM
"Yeah religion is pretty subjective now days," Alex agreed. "Some things were declared bad wrong fun that are awesome now. Like sex before marriage, or sex in general. Other things that you used to have to do is just too big a pain in the a** now days to bother with. You know how hard it is to find Islam prepared meat? Enough so we just don't bother with the whole 'must be slaughtered properly' s*** part of Islam and just don't eat pigs. Stuff like that happens a lot depending on where you are and who you're with."

Illven
2015-02-21, 01:43 AM
"Please, you think you're the first person I'be offended? I'm just making sure you know I don't mean any malice."

Luna hugs Takia Let's go get dinner. She states

Might be for the best. Few people actually practice the religion they claim to be. And that's all throughout history, regardless of creed. Whether it's Amazons of Artemis taking being a Huntress a LITTLE too far, or worse, Maenads, whose religion was basically get drunk, have sex, and kill people...or modern religions today...few people actually do what they're told. You're closer to what most religions tell you to be doing charity work then you are going to church.

"Yeah religion is pretty subjective now days," Alex agreed. "Some things were declared bad wrong fun that are awesome now. Like sex before marriage, or sex in general. Other things that you used to have to do is just too big a pain in the a** now days to bother with. You know how hard it is to find Islam prepared meat? Enough so we just don't bother with the whole 'must be slaughtered properly' s*** part of Islam and just don't eat pigs. Stuff like that happens a lot depending on where you are and who you're with."

"How do you properly prepare meat in Islam?" Alice asked.