PDA

View Full Version : Nexus OOC 49: Titles 49% Off

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Darkcomet
2016-01-12, 08:57 PM
WELCOME TO THE NEXUS!
Check your sanity at the door, please.

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift: a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

General Nexus FAQs:
Is there a guide to getting started?
Besides this post, which you're currently reading, you could also read post 3 of the stickied FFRP Central thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9241295&postcount=3), particularly the section about godmodding. You can also ask any questions you have in the current Nexus OOC thread. If you have no questions, post in the Nexus OOC anyway to introduce yourself. And welcome. :smallsmile:

What kind of character can I make?
Any. There are no restrictions on genre, alignment, world of origin, etc.

Will my power work the way it does in the source setting?
Almost certainly not. In your setting, you may have been the Mighty Zorlox, whose power to control the world's socks was absolute, but in the Nexus, you may run across Madam Bo Peep, who controls the world's wool.

If my power goes against your power, who wins?
In combat or any type of adversarial situation, the defender has the final say. So if Zorlox tries to turn Bo Peep's wool socks purple, Peep's player gets to decide if her wool power prevails. But if Bo Peep tries to have a pair of wool socks strangle Zorlox, then his player gets to decide if his sock power wins.

Oh no! Someone's already using my character concept!
In the Nexus, all cosmologies are true. Just because someone is playing the incarnation of Death doesn't mean you can't as well. You are very unlikely to come up with a character concept that is wholly unique while remaining playable; there is nothing new under the sun, and so on.

Sometimes you'll say 'I just came up with a great character idea - they have x race and y abilities and z backstory and I'll call her Linda' and someone will say 'You mean like my character Lynda over there that I introduced last week?' No one really knows why these sort of coincidences occur, but the Nexus seems especially prone to them. When they do, the best thing to do is to look at your character concept and figure out what makes yours unique.

Where should I start? Theoretically, you can start in any thread that isn't a private thread or a plot thread. More practically: Trog's if you want a chaotic introduction with the possibility of brawls or random encounters. Mallside if you want a peaceful place to interact.

Do I need to get pre-approval for my character, or fill in a registry form before I start?
Nope. You can if you like, but it's not required. And sometimes it's better to get a feel for your character first, before deciding all the details about them.

Threads can be so confusing to read! So many people are doing things! How can I help?
There are two things that everyone can do that will make threads much easier to read.

First, please put your character's name in every post, even if it's just <Character's name> said, "<Stuff that was said>". Your characters are your babies and you know them all, but the other players don't. Even the people you roleplay with regularly probably don't know the text colors of all your characters. (The only exception to the 'name in every post' guideline would be if you're in a back and forth dialogue scene with only one other person no one else posting in the same thread at that time. Then I would change it to 'put the name in every third post'.)

Second, please use [Location Tags] to say where you are, so that people can keep track of events occurring in different places. For a good explanation of how [Location Tags] work, see the first post of the Outside thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212204).

I'm not getting any character interaction! What should I do?
First, try initiating interaction. Sometimes everyone in the Tavern is being mysterious and aloof, and someone has to be the first person to speak up and start talking to the other person. If that doesn't work, try posting in the OOC thread that you want interaction! It's a good idea to say if you're looking for a fight, a plot, a conversation, a romance, or anything else. Most people are friendly and will work with you.

Using this smiley in your posts can help too:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

What if I disagree with another player about how the scene should go?
Talk to them, either by PM or in the OOC thread. If you've gotten angry, wait until you cool down to post. Ask non-involved players to act as mediators if needed. If it gets to the point where neither player is having fun, it's probably best to just agree on a way to quickly conclude the encounter and move on.

But I'm really mad! *ragequits and deletes all posts*
Well, first off, that's not a question, that's an declaration, Mr. Smartypants. Secondly, no one can really stop you, but it's not very courteous and makes problems for other players. Retconning out a scene can be done, but that's not the right way to do it.

So what's the best way to handle a retcon, then?
First of all, retcons should be rare. But if you really think you have a good reason for one, talk to all of the players involved in the scene and make sure they're okay with it. Remember, they all put their time and effort into roleplaying with you. Once everyone involved has agreed how the retcon will go, post a summary of the retconned changes in the thread involved and in the OOC thread so that other players will be aware.

I think I should win this fight! But the other person thinks they should win too! Should I make up a new power for my PC to win?

No. Please don't do this.

If you're planning on having a fight with another player's PC it's sometimes a good idea to work out ahead of time how the conflict is going to end. Especially if both sides go into it wanting to win. Because when that's the case things often spiral out of control and people get mad.

We aren't here to get mad, we're here to have fun.

So instead of getting angry, save yourself some trouble and shoot a few PMs back and forth first.

Your first character (copied from FFRP Central)
So, you're ready to make your first character. One of the hardest things to get used to in ffrp is that you don't start out in an adventuring party, and there's no DM to push characters together. You'll have to actually find people to interact with on your own. Here are some tips (not requirements!) for making that easier on your first character:

Don't be the quiet person in the shadowy corner. If you roleplay as someone who is outgoing and talkative, you'll find it easier to make IC friends. Someone who is curious or greedy will be more open to plot hooks and adventure opportunities. But if you roleplay someone who is shy or quiet or wary of other people, you're likely to be left alone.
Don't be openly evil. If you walk into the tavern and start murdering npcs, you are unlikely to make a lot of friends and very likely to get jumped on by a bunch of PCs who were looking for a fight.
Consider starting low-powered. It's tempting in a freeform system with no scores or points to decide that your character is the best at everything, but where will they go from there? They can always gain powers or magic items or skills as they go on.
Don't be too needy. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. The characters you meet at first are likely to be involved in their own affairs. Some players start by having their character immediately in need of rescue, healing, training, attention, etc. This can work well, but make sure you have a plan B in case there is no one willing to drop everything to devote themselves to being your rescuer! Can your character make it if they receive only a minimal amount of help, or none at all?
Don't be too self-sufficient. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. If you are a combat powerhouse and a healer and a master of obscure lore and a spellcaster, people are likely to get weary of their characters taking a back seat to yours and decide you can do just fine without them.
Be aware of deadtimes and real life. Sometimes, not many people are online and active. Sometimes the people who are may only have a limited time to play and want to use it to progress their favorite storyline instead of meeting new people. Try to be patient and remember that it won't be long before you'll be the one wrapped up in your own favorite storylines. Talk to people in the ooc thread while you wait for your character to get 'stuck in'.
Have fun! Remember this is a game, and if it isn't fun, you aren't doing it right. :smallsmile:

Attention Villains and Plot Instigators:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated. However, taverns are usually considered fair game for a Random Encounter or general brawl.

If you intend to start a large scale plot, such as an invasion or apocalypse or the like, please consider the following guidelines:

* Don't spring it on players. Characters can be surprised, but players have lives. Make sure they want to play in your event before conscripting them by going "Suddenly, Apocalypse!" in a thread they're using for other things or at a time when the relevant players have exams, family stuff, vacations, etc.

* Go easy on the Nexus-wide effects. Ominous visual effects like a blood moon or a green sky tend to be accepted. Massive spells that affect everyone in the Nexus or city / org destroying superweapons... expect pages and pages of drama.

* Avoid apocalypse fatigue. If there's recently been one, there needs to be a cooling off period before the next one. People want to be able to roleplay how the event affected their characters and various locations, and this requires some RL time where they aren't in the middle of combat.

* Inside is the standard Apocatarget, but if you're attacking Inside, this absolutely requires that the Remnant and Irregulars players are onboard, and have the free time to devote to it. The same principle applies to making any other thread your target - make sure the main players in that thread are willing to play. The other time this isn't required is for the Outside thread, since it's so huge that anyone can say they aren't at the Apocalocation. If you do this, consider simply making a plot thread for the apocalypse. It does lose some of the apocalyptic flavour, but it avoids a lot of headaches for players and the GM.

* Make sure you as a GM know what you're doing. (1) If you've never GM'd a Nexus plot before, DO NOT start with an Apocaplot. Experience as a GM for tabletop games or other freeform verses is helpful, but the Nexus is different enough to have its own learning curve. Start with a bank robbery, a kidnapping, or some other lower end villainy to get some practice. (2) Make sure you have the free time to respond to many many player posts as well as handling the npc victims if no one else steps up to play them. If you don't already post daily, you should not GM an Apocaplot. Don't say 'I know I only post sporadically, but it'll be different for this plot.' Prove you can post regularly first. (3) Remember that you're going to lose. Your villain may not realize it, but you as a player must absolutely accept this from the start. Even if Team Hero completely and utterly fails, you do not get to say 'haha! Nexus goes boom!'

* An Apocaplot, by its very nature, is an open plot. Unless you have it in a separate thread, it's no fair to lock players out from participating, or to say you don't want high powered characters joining. If you're throwing around world destroying events, then Exalts, godlings, and other OP beings should be allowed to get involved.

* FFRP is supposed to be what we do for fun. If we start thinking of it as a chore, then that's a sign that something is going wrong. If any player wants out of the plot, work with them to find an IC way to let their character get out of it without killing them. If everyone is slogging through, forcing themselves to post, and really bored with it, consider wrapping it up in a cut scene. If people are ragequitting your plot, that's a really really bad sign, and requires a timeout for tempers to cool.

Major Locales
For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Inside - Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is headed by a Council consisting of representatives from the major ACRONYMS, as well as Magtok and Zee, with law enforcement provided by Remnant, the remains of the once powerful Acronymian Empire.

Outside - If you ain't Inside, you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

Riverside - This is a completely separate city that has less law enforcement than Inside. Part of it is continually shrouded in darkness.

Skyside - A floating city with no laws and lots of MAD SCIENCE!!!! Also superheroes/villains.

Underside - A sprawling network of underground caverns beneath the surface of the Nexus. The Underside is often considered a separate world beneath the feet of the Nexus, operating under strange, foreign rules and keeping its business where it belongs.

Mallside - It's a shopping mall, with shops run by PCs and NPCs alike. MagMart is the largest store, selling everything you can imagine. There's also a food court and a gorgeous fountain. By OOC consent, this is meant to be a peaceful thread, so starting fights or murdering npc's is not allowed.

Home - Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

Plot Threads - Many threads exist to contain plot events, such as a dungeon crawl or a dreamscape. Always check with the GM running a plot before jumping in.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or anything of the sort. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
MERC - (formerly NO - Neutralist Organization.) The organization with the highest stake in contract work, be it mercenary, adventuring or anything else. NO both hires itself out and exercises control over a large part of the freelancers by handing out licenses.
VIGIL - Merger of HALO and WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Exists to smite evil and any other threats to the Nexus.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnD-esque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located among some hills in outside. Finally, there is Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, at every corner of the Nexus at the same time. There is also the Black Dragon's Den, it's located roughly between the docks and the slums of Inside, and is the local hive of scum and villainy.

For more information:
The first post of every thread is valuable reading. It explains the purpose of the thread, whether it's private or public, and whether there are any additional rules you should follow. It's always a good idea to read it before you post in a new thread.

Why We Fight: A Proposed Advanced Style And Concept Guide for Individual FFRP Combat By Neon Knight
Foreword
This guide is intended as a supplement to currently existing guides and practices relating to the employment of combat in FFRP. The author makes no pretensions that this guide is authoritative or useful until endorsed by the community. The author also makes no pretensions that he has perfectly adhered to the principles in this guide, nor that such a thing is possible. Everyone makes slip up sometimes. The author also makes no pretensions that these materials, observations, and recommendations are wholly original.

Introduction
Combat is an interesting subject in FFRP. FFRP is an interactive, cooperative endeavor, but combat serves a different purpose in FFRP than it does in other interactive, cooperative activities that FFRP might be patterned off of, like video games and table top RPGs. FFRP combat, rather, is more akin to a fight scene in a movie, book, or play. Another analogy may be that FFRP combat is not like an MMA match, which is truly competitive, but rather like professional wrestling, which is an arranged, choreographed performance intended to tell a story. FFRP is cooperative storytelling, and it remains so, even during a fight or action scene.

Why Competitive Combat Doesn't Work in FFRP
Competitive Combat does not work in FFRP for a variety of reasons, a few that I will outline here. The only method of interaction in FFRP is assertions. You assert some fact is true by the act of declaring it, by writing down that it happens. You can only assert so long as your assertions do not impede on anyone else's right to assert, at least for their own property and characters. In a fight, the only way to compete is to assert, but the effectiveness of your assertions are entirely determined by the recipient. A fight in which both people want to win usually becomes nothing more than an escalating series of assertions of power and lethality, until the knobs snap off at 11, and no one can go higher without being ridiculous. Characters receive power upgrades on the fly, just to keep up, or to try and top the latest assertions. It's a messy and ugly affair that many people have professed a dislike for.

The Ideal of Cooperative Combat
Combat in FFRP should be cooperative rather than competitive, which by and large is the same purpose that most posts in FFRP serve. Combat should serve to tell a story and add to storytelling, provide drama and tension through physical peril, and to entertain through description. When your characters get into a fight, the ideal is to make that fight a meaning contribution to the plot, whether that be your character's overall arc, the plot of the other characters in the fight, the specific plot of the fight or place where the fight is taking... you get the idea. You should cooperate and coordinate with other players to make sure that you're all on the same page, fulfilling the proper purposes, and not stepping on anyone else's toes. Sometimes, you might not get to work towards the purpose you necessarily want, but compromise is one of the necessary parts of cooperation. This is the ideal of Cooperative Combat: to have fight scenes serve to support continuing plot lines and interaction, to serve the interests, needs, and stories of as many players as possible as harmoniously as possible, which is the same ideal for normal interaction.

What those purposes are will vary from fight to fight and plot to plot. Communicating with players in the plot and fight before, during, and after the occasion is ideal.

Covering Yourself and the Enemy in Glory
One of the few precepts that should be near universally applied is the idea of covering yourself and the other participants in the combat with glory. By that, I mean you should try to reinforce their assertions with your own descriptions and actions. A player can say that their character is a master marksman, but he really becomes and feels like a master marksman when other players respond to him like he is a master marksman, when their choices, descriptions, and actions reflect this status. When others assert your own assertions, that is when they become real and powerful in FFRP.

This is why it is important to try and help people assert their characters, whenever you can, and why it is important that they do the same to you. Only together can you realize each character's power level and abilities. This is also why purpose and cooperation are important. Clashing purposes are often what cause inappropriate escalation. If your purpose is to kill a character while their purpose is to survive the encounter, the other player will have a hard time reinforcing your power while fulfilling their purpose.

Selling the Hits
"Selling" a hit is wrestling terminology for acting as if a blow really hurt or serious injured/impaired you. A similar concept can be applied to the Nexus; selling is the act of briefly bowing to the assertions, that is, attacks of other players and letting them affect you. Selling is something that requires both people to meet halfway. The attack has to be appropriate in order to get sold; appropriate for the purpose and goal of the fight. The response has to acknowledge and account for the attack.

Thus, selling is something you need to keep in mind when designing a post, and when designing your character. You need to make sure your attacks and defenses allow both you and the other side to sell the hits, to avoid pointless exchanges were nothing really gets accomplished. A string of misses often adds nothing to the conflict or the plot, and doesn't move the action closer to resolution.

My suggestion is to try and design graded consequences for your abilities. For example, here is a suggested consequences list for an attack with a gun:

No Consequence: Total miss.

Minor Consequence: Grazing hit, or a hit in an armored location with minimum impact, character becomes more cautious/less aggressive, an item of minor importance is hit/lost.

Moderate Consequence: Flesh wound, character takes cover and doesn't act, character is forced to fall back, an item of importance is hit/lost.

Major Consequence: A disabling injury/injury requiring medical condition is sustained, character becomes pinned and temporarily unwilling to fight/risk self further, character begins to fallback, an item of major importance is hit/lost.

Full Consequence: Life threatening injury, death, retreat/rout, surrender, etc.

In general, you should take the consequences that are appropriate for the fight, and for the goals that the fight is intended to fulfill. But, in general, No Consequence hits should be used sparingly. Consequence lists will differ from fight to fight, situation to situation, character to character, and possibly from attack to attack. You don't have to have a response for every type of consequence. In general:

A No Consequence Hit does not move the fight closer to resolution. It has no real consequences on the fight or on the character.

A Minor Consequence Hit does not move the fight closer to resolution, at least not appreciably, but it is intended to have minor consequences for the immediate fight and for the character. These consequences aren't intended to be long term.

A Moderate Consequence Hit is intended to slightly move the fight closer to resolution, and has some consequences for the character. It is intended to last somewhat longer than a minor consequence.

A Major Consequence Hit is intended to move the fight rapidly towards a conclusion, and is intended to have consequences that last for some time or require some action to redress.

A Full Consequence Hit is an attack at maximum effectiveness, intended to move the fight immediately to a resolved state. It is intended to have long term/permanent consequences or to require severe effort to redress.

Another proposed consequence list, this time for a sleep spell:

No: The subject is not affected by the magic.

Minor: The subject feels fatigued or slightly sleepy, but not enough to seriously impair ability, only enough to take the edge off their prowess.

Moderate: The subject feels fatigued, unable to perform at top condition, and may suffer a temporary lapse in concentration or focus. The subject might fall into a micro sleep for an instant or for a few seconds.

Major Consequence: The subject may lose focus for several seconds, and may become so tired as to need to actively fight to stay awake. They might fall asleep for several seconds.

Full Consequence: The subject falls entirely asleep, or is so disabled as to be helpless.

These are not the only gradations you can offer. Different scales might work better, either for specific, individual cases, or in general. But having the ability to mitigate an attack to the exact degree of harm and effectiveness to be suitable for the purpose of the fight is an advantage. Avoid all or nothing powers, except if that's supposed to be the point (of the character, the fight, or the plot) and if you do so, be fully prepared and ready to accept a series of No Consequence Hits. When going for all or nothing, make sure that both the all and the nothing are as acceptable and widely applicable as possible.

Be Open To Other Roles
In FFRP, your character is not always the protagonist. FFRP is a story composed of many other stories, each with their own characters. Each character might take different roles in different situations, and it is important to recognize this and to be ready to accept the many different roles you might get cast in. Sometimes, you're just a sidekick or ally in a fight. Other times, you'll be the main figure in a fight. And sometimes, you'll be the antagonist, and sometimes you'll get the role in the fight that loses. Being able to reconcile and relate this to your characters is an important skill in FFRP. Now, not every character will necessarily be interesting in every role, and it isn't a bad thing to try and put your character into the roles they are suited for whenever you can. But flexible characters who can relate and work in different roles can be more interesting than less flexible characters, and they may have more opportunities than those less flexible characters.

Conclusion
Remember the foreword. This is not the gospel truth. There are always exceptions. But I believe that this advice, practices, and conception of FFRP combat might be applicable, interesting, and helpful to the community at large.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/VictoryGuyBlackSS.png
How everyone should feel after a great fight scene.

On Posting: A Guide to Avoiding the Most Common Mistakes, by Artemis97
It would be, at the very least, polite to acknowledge the post I've made and spent time and thought putting detail into.

I know you haven't been on FFRP for too long, but if you've paid attention to the veterans around here, we tend to post quite a lot, not in frequency, but in volume. We average a paragraph or more, and when we really get going, we can go on for a page or more. We love this game, we love writing, and we pour our heart and souls into it. To receive a single sentence in reply is, honestly, downright insulting.

In addition to that, single sentence replies are really hard to respond to. You give us nothing to react to, nothing to go off of. It is the equivalent of typing "K" in response to a text. You may have noticed that I didn't continue the RP we had going in Outside last night. This is why. I had no idea where to go with the scene. FFRP is a cooperative game. It's a give and take. We need to work with one another to play.

We also need to be able to communicate clearly. So I will stress here the proper use of punctuation and grammar. Quotation marks set off speech, which is particularly useful when color tags fail. Proper punctuation helps you to get your point across more clearly.

Now I know, not everything requires you to re-write War and Peace in response, and sometimes it's hard to come up with content (believe me I've been there). But it's good to give some content, else we receive a very flat picture of your characters. Think about how they feel, how they're standing. Are they fidgeting and nervous, or stoic and grim? Do they smell? What's going through their heads?

I'm sorry for running on so long, and I don't mean to seem like I'm picking on you specifically. This is an issue that pops up with newbies often, and sometimes we need to remind folks. I'm saying this because I want to help you. I want you to enjoy your time here and be a thriving part of our community. I can already see that you're very enthusiastic about this game, and I love that. Please don't let what I've said here lessen that, but I also encourage you to take what I've said to heart.

~Artemis

When Storylines Stall: Dealing with Deadtime
I have a suggestion for a new guideline (not a rule!) for roleplay. In group interactions, often the entire thing freezes when one player doesn't post. Then there's the debate about whether or not it's fair to skip that person.

My suggestion is that the default expectation be set at 24 hours. If you haven't posted in 24 hours without asking for more time, then the interaction is allowed to move on.

Caveats:

1. This would be 100% negotiable. If Pat Player knows he always needs 3 days to post, then he says so up front, and everyone in the plot knows that. Or Pam Player says she's never around on weekends, or Pav Player has a big homework assignment and needs some time off, or George GM says 'There's one week between turns in my plot' etc. The default is for when no one has said anything, but the post just isn't happening.

2. If the player is online and posting in other places, poke them first before moving on. They may have just forgotten.

3. There are no 'sanctions' for missing your turn in a plot or interaction other than cyber poke wounds. If skipping the person would mean something significant occurs to their character, then don't do it, or find a way to shield their character from events or give them multiple options for how they would have been effected (with 'no effect' being an option.)

OOC Archives:

OOC 48: Untitled (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?403550-OoC-48-Untitled)
OoC 47: Putting the K in Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372356-OoC-47-Putting-the-K-in-Chaos)
OOC 46: Creativity + Possibility = ??? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350071)
[Nexus] OOC 45: 0.0000000000000000000042% full (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335910)
[Nexus] OOC 44: To be continued... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330406)
[Nexus] OOC 43: Here Comes the Sun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325823)
[Nexus] OOC 42: The thread at the drain of the multiverse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317205)
[Nexus] OOC 41: Look! Up in the sky! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312270)
[Nexus] OOC 40 days and 40 nights (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305193)
[Nexus] OoC 39: OoCside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293344)
[Nexus] OOC 38: The Mün Is Not Enough (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286881)
[Nexus] OOC 37: What Goes Here Again? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279910)
[Nexus] OOC 36: The Absurd Only Seems To Get More Absurd (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268974)
[Nexus] OOC 35: Winter is Coming (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262166)
[Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254982)
[Nexus] OoC 33: The Orgs is all FREEMASONS! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250603)
[Nexus] OoC 32 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245627)
[Nexus] OoC XXXI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240899)
[Nexus] OoC 30 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236443)
[Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231085)
[Nexus] OOC 28: Something to do with Mayans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227910)
[Nexus] OOC 27: I saw Moffy kissing Wolfy Claws (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223821)
[Nexus] OOC 26: Handwavium half off! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220397)
{Nexus} OoC XXV: Where all the Cool Cats are. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217580)
[Nexus] OOC 24: Babysitters Apply Within (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214854)
[Nexus] OOC 23: YO MAMA never called me back. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212239)
[Nexus] OOC 22: ALL HAIL THE BUTT-HAT (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209362)
[Nexus] OOC 21: Blackjack, But No Hookers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206742)
[Nexus] OOC XX: The Land of Pokings (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203706)
[NEXUS] OoC 19: Et tu, Ninja-Pirate Zombie? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10947466#post10947466)
[NEXUS] OoC 18: Where the Females are Foxy and the Sirs, Superfluous. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10751538#post10751538)
[NEXUS] OOC 17: This Title For Rent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192438)
[NEXUS] OOC 16: Sweet! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190450)
[NEXUS] OoC 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10379598#post10379598)
[Nexus] OoC 14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185386)
[NEXUS] Nexus OoC 13: Saturday the Nexteenth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10169213)
[Nexus] OoC 12: Out of Cornflakes. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182202)
[NEXUS] OoC 11: The Misadventures Continue... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10037707#post10037707)
[Nexus] Nexus OOC X: Leave Your Common Sense at the Door. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180386)
[Nexus] Nexus OOC IX: Its Why They Pay Us The Big Bucks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179893)
[Nexus] Nexus OOC VIII: Portable Atrocities (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178808)
[NEXUS] OOC VII: Where sniper cats greet you at the entrance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178154)
[NEXUS] OoC VI: Do You Think You Can Handle It? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9754244#post9754244)
[Nexus] OoC V: Suxen Eht Nioj! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9602963)
[Nexus] OoC IV: We're All Mad Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9477100#post9477100)
[Nexus] OoC III: May Contain Nuts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167211)
[Nexus] OoC II: Where Sanity Comes to Die. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9089692#post9089692)
[Nexus] OoC 1: The Shape of Things to Come (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154770)

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)
Nexus Digest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98423)

For Nexus IRC chat, click here.
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17145902&postcount=5) This is an live chatroom with similar rules to this forum, though not officially affiliated. Anyone who roleplays in the Nexus - or is considering roleplaying in the Nexus - is welcome. It is most active evening and night (US time), though you're welcome to pop in around the clock to see if anyone else is there.

When the thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the new thread, but don't make changes to the OP without discussing it with the other players first.

Rater202
2016-01-13, 12:14 PM
Tracking post.

No clue what to do or where to go next, once my characters intro scene is done.

Morty
2016-01-13, 04:45 PM
Is there any particular goal they want to achieve? That might help to pick a thread/location.

Rater202
2016-01-13, 05:18 PM
Is there any particular goal they want to achieve? That might help to pick a thread/location.

He wants to ind a purpose, mostly.

Preferably as a hero or adventurer or something, sue to the influance of the incident that brought him to the Nexus.

Also I finally got a profile made up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?154882-Nexus-Character-Directory&p=20295392#post20295392)

He hasn't gotten the name yet.

Ashen Lilies
2016-01-14, 05:45 PM
((Should have replied sooner, but I've been busy.))

The hammer blow hits, but doesn't put him on his back. No, the hammer could have well been made of rubber.

Thaddeus decides to pacify the fellow knight and chooses a blast of searing heat, numbering a few million degree celsuis, to send at Rhodes' arm, using his free hand. His sword stabs at the growth in his face. "Thou art so consumed with pride that ye refuseth help, or perchance the monster hath sunk its hooks into ye. Is it too late for ye, I wonder?"

RIP Black Dragon's Den. The location lasted us long, until it, and most of the city block around it went down in flames.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-14, 05:54 PM
Oh, Kris. :3

I should have specified that it was a focused attack. I... should probably reduce the heat. Yeah. :smallredface:

Murkus
2016-01-14, 05:55 PM
To be perfectly honest, Flaming Eagle, if that swing at the back of the 'Flaming Eagle's' leg both did no damage, did not move him, and had simply no effect, your namesake may be a touch outside Rhodes' power level. Even disregarding the, uh, bit Ad pointed out.

If your character is both that powerful, impervious, and willing to incinerate a few dozen innocent bystanders, it'll make it less of a fight scene and more... Rhodes getting walloped. Your character may be too strong for the scale of the encounter, is all I'm saying.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-14, 06:04 PM
He's supposed to be that powerful, I assumed Rhodes had some ace up his sleeve... I'll scale his power-level down for the encounter.

Check back in 5-7 minutes. I'm re-writing the post from scratch.

- - - Updated - - -

EDITED. Swapped out the angel Flaming Knight for the supersoldier Holly Dawson. She has telescopic x-ray thermal vision, and is an excellent shot with guns. Now, Flaming Knight is not willing to cause collateral damage (unlike say, Holly), but Holly is less likely to destroy several buildings because she miscalculated her power output, so yay! :smallsmile:

Morty
2016-01-14, 06:56 PM
He wants to ind a purpose, mostly.

Preferably as a hero or adventurer or something, sue to the influance of the incident that brought him to the Nexus.

Also I finally got a profile made up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?154882-Nexus-Character-Directory&p=20295392#post20295392)

He hasn't gotten the name yet.

Sorry for not responding to that earlier. >.< I was distracted.

There's a couple of locations he could visit. Vigil and HALO are groups that include heroes fighting against threats. MERC is, well, for mercenaries, and that includes adventurers. But they're not terribly heroic. GLoG is a place for redemption and charity. He could seek help there or help out himself.

Murkus
2016-01-14, 06:59 PM
Well thank you Eagle! I can roll with this I think.

Rhodes is... not on the angelic scale the General seems to be operating on. He's closer to the power level of, say, a superhuman Batman villain? If that makes any sense? Not a world or even city class threat but someone who could tear up a few blocks.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-14, 07:59 PM
I understand. My main reason for sending him first was because 'fellow knight fight'. I assumed he was some divine being as well, I should have asked. Apologies.

:smallsmile:

Also, maybe baby (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Awh3pZzgH4) knight fight. It's fun to say. Knight fight!

Rater202
2016-01-14, 08:29 PM
Sorry for not responding to that earlier. >.< I was distracted.

There's a couple of locations he could visit. Vigil and HALO are groups that include heroes fighting against threats. MERC is, well, for mercenaries, and that includes adventurers. But they're not terribly heroic. GLoG is a place for redemption and charity. He could seek help there or help out himself.

Which one is most likely to allow him toget a decent fight at a reasonable rate?(Discounting the mercenaries.)

I figure that's what needs to happen to justify him figuring a bit more about his powers out.

Zefir
2016-01-15, 04:53 AM
So I want to send Fade to mallside to buy a tool to identify arcane objects.
Erin's Emporium or Azik's Enchantments are option, if unless there is somethign else?

Cyber Punk
2016-01-15, 04:07 PM
Just to let Planeside people know that I've not forgotten about the post. I wanted to do some research, but have been caught up prepping for school or doing various other things. I should post before weekend's end. :smallsmile:

goto124
2016-01-15, 06:02 PM
Gasp! The Eagle has evolved into a KNIGHT!

Morty
2016-01-15, 06:30 PM
Which one is most likely to allow him toget a decent fight at a reasonable rate?(Discounting the mercenaries.)

I figure that's what needs to happen to justify him figuring a bit more about his powers out.

Vigil and HALO get into fights sometimes. Vigil is actually in the middle of a big one, but it's already started. If you want your character to get into a fight, someone might provide an encounter without joining a group, if you'd like.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-15, 07:32 PM
Gasp! The Eagle has evolved into a KNIGHT!

You have just levelled up. :smallbiggrin:

What will our goto evolve into? Find out next episode! :smalltongue:

Solidarity
2016-01-15, 08:05 PM
A quick poke to either Rec or SC for the scene Outside. The order's gotten slightly jumbled. Not sure who normally posted after me, but my post's back on the 43rd page.

Rater202
2016-01-15, 09:27 PM
Vigil and HALO get into fights sometimes. Vigil is actually in the middle of a big one, but it's already started. If you want your character to get into a fight, someone might provide an encounter without joining a group, if you'd like.

I'm starting to think I jumped the gun with joining...

Fenric
2016-01-15, 09:41 PM
Or be less formal and head out to the Hunting Grounds. I'm sure we can torment your character meet your needs for combat there. :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2016-01-16, 06:13 AM
I'm starting to think I jumped the gun with joining...

Er, I'm not sure what you mean by that, except that I might be doing a bad job explaining things.

Also, yeah, the Hunting Grounds is a good location for fights.

Rater202
2016-01-16, 03:26 PM
Well, I've joined the Hunting grounds. I'm trying to be vague about where exactly he is because I'm not familiar with the individual locales.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-16, 03:34 PM
Make sure to thoroughly read the first post of each thread, Rater. It usually contains such information. For the bars and taverns, the list of purchasable items will usually be found there, as well.

For instance, in Huntside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364624-The-Hunting-Grounds-III-Second-Most-Dangerous-Game), you get to see the different locations, as well as what goes on in each.

Rater202
2016-01-16, 03:37 PM
No, I read that: What I mean is I don't know what kind of thing is where in the Hunting Grounds, so I dont' want to be too specific on what part he ended up in in case there's nothing there right now or what.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-16, 03:41 PM
Hmm, perhaps start from [Job Board] and describe your character standing in front of the Job Board. Also, you have to have gotten someone to agree to run a monster for you. I could do it, too, but I'm moving to the hostel on monday and have been very busy these past few weeks... I do have some ideas of monsters your albino char could vanquish, but you have to be willing to accept that there are times I won't post for at least a day or two between posts.

Like my original manlephants. The ones VIGIL are fighting are now basically just bipedal elephants with guns, and I might drop out of the scene soon (haven't decided yet)

Morty
2016-01-19, 04:26 PM
*pokes people concerned to Hunting Grounds*

I believe that's Murkus, RyanKoopa and Arkhosia.

RyanKoopa
2016-01-20, 01:32 AM
*pokes people concerned to Hunting Grounds*

I believe that's Murkus, RyanKoopa and Arkhosia.
I'll have my post up after I get some sleep. How do you want to do the scene in the VIGIL thread? Should Portal just approach Wenomir after emerging from the house, or did you have something else in mind?

Morty
2016-01-20, 08:35 AM
He can find Wenomir in the scene I posted before you did.

Arkhosia
2016-01-20, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, gonna start being more active now cuz school and pressures are less of an issue. :smallsmile:
Gonna get a reply out for HALO in the next day or two. Also: The Alexandrian, mind clearing your inbox?

Solidarity
2016-01-21, 01:55 AM
Morty, there was a scene I'd done with Fade a long while back regarding Foxside, I think. Something about recon for an outpost intent on obtaining important info. Was this ever resolved? I can't remember if Zefir and I actually had our characters come back and report to Dipsnig.

Zefir
2016-01-21, 02:11 AM
Nop, I'm not sure where exactly we stopped but the scene ended while they both where checking out the base. So they never really came back from there.

Solidarity
2016-01-21, 03:21 AM
I see. I remember we recovered some important logs about a VIP arriving at the base recently--and I'm sure Fenric could help me out here--and we were on our way out. At least I think.

Zefir
2016-01-21, 03:47 AM
Best to clear up thigs with Fenric. That way he can tell us what he wants us to find and then head bacl to Merc.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-21, 06:48 AM
In contrast to Ark, school and pressures are more of an issue for me now. You're about to see some Alexandrian (no offense, ol chap) or Terumitsu posting, speed-wise (cos they're busy and don't post regularly).

That said, I'd like to drop out of Huntside. Posting for the scene I'm running in planeside on my tiny phone keyboard with my ungodly workload is hard enough. I'll post at least once every week, but not everyday (not for all scenes, anyway). Not till March, when I vacate for two wks.

Morty
2016-01-21, 10:10 AM
Morty, there was a scene I'd done with Fade a long while back regarding Foxside, I think. Something about recon for an outpost intent on obtaining important info. Was this ever resolved? I can't remember if Zefir and I actually had our characters come back and report to Dipsnig.

I remember that mission, but I don't think it was finished, like Zefir said.

Solidarity
2016-01-21, 01:37 PM
Best to clear up thigs with Fenric. That way he can tell us what he wants us to find and then head bacl to Merc.

I remember that mission, but I don't think it was finished, like Zefir said.

I agree. Not sure on how imperative it was to Dipsnig at the time, but with the sudden interest regarding intel, it'd be a shame to let all that rp go to waste. I'll try to get in touch with Fenric through a quick PM if he doesn't see this and reply here.

Fenric
2016-01-21, 02:58 PM
I see you! Even if the soldiers haven't quite yet. :smallbiggrin:

Rater202
2016-01-21, 04:39 PM
*Pokes Fenric towards the hunting grounds*

Gullara
2016-01-21, 06:56 PM
Really sorry about the slow posting for the last few days. I've been wanting to push scenes along a bit faster, but I was unexpectedly busy. I hope to get to a few places waiting on me tonight after I do some work.

goto124
2016-01-22, 10:34 AM
I just had an idea for a PC. She's a shadow creature... actually, she is a shadow, who has to hide from sunlight and stays in darkness through various methods, such as jumping from shadow to shadow.

This currently nameless shadow can change her shape easily, to the point of forming words (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/comics/00000004.jpg). She can also make light sensations in people by acting on their shadows. For example, if she tickles a man's shadow, the man gets tickled as well. If she forms a dagger and stabs the man's shadow in his stomach, the actual man only feels a dull pain in his stomach. So she can't do much.

Any ideas where she could go?

Cyber Punk
2016-01-22, 11:12 AM
Coming soon: Fade finds a wife! :smalltongue:

*hugs goto*

I also did have an idea, but the means/time to implement it is something I don't have. Basically, replicating the way I started with Jinkei. I've gotten invested in her char arc, I wanna see if I could get the same effect... but that'd be later.

I'd much rather axe Ezra to do it, too, buuuuut....

Recaiden
2016-01-22, 11:15 AM
The obvious place for them is Westside, I think. No sun to hide from. What would they do? That would inform where to go.

Felandria
2016-01-22, 12:51 PM
Coming soon: Fade finds a wife! :smalltongue:

*hugs goto*

I also did have an idea, but the means/time to implement it is something I don't have. Basically, replicating the way I started with Jinkei. I've gotten invested in her char arc, I wanna see if I could get the same effect... but that'd be later.

I'd much rather axe Ezra to do it, too, buuuuut....

Ezra? nooooo! :(

Cyber Punk
2016-01-22, 01:43 PM
Oh I forgot! Sorry, Fel, keeping Ezra. Speaking of which... Deadra and Ezra should do something!

Murkus
2016-01-22, 07:13 PM
Apologies, everyone, for the multiple day delay on my posts. I've had a bit of a rough week and will be catching up everywhere right about now.

Felandria
2016-01-22, 08:08 PM
Oh I forgot! Sorry, Fel, keeping Ezra. Speaking of which... Deadra and Ezra should do something!

Yay! Something!

Where should they go?

Shadowcaller
2016-01-22, 09:23 PM
Just to be clear, I'm not supposed to post in Vigil am I?

Felandria
2016-01-23, 01:27 AM
It depends, Fel is presently in her bedroom getting a good look at the spirit tattoos.

So one of us has to decide what they look like, if you want to, I wanted to make sure you had the option.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-23, 05:55 AM
Funny story: There's a poster with the handle 'Red Fel' :smallbiggrin:

So, something! I have an idea, but I'm trying to help someone get into Nexus RP. I was thinking of using Ezra, and maybe Deadra could be there too? :smallsmile:

RyanKoopa
2016-01-23, 01:24 PM
Uh skip me for a while in The Hunting Grounds, kind of lost track of what's going on

I'll have my post up in VIGIL today, sorry for the delay, was having trouble figuring out what I was gonna post

Morty
2016-01-23, 02:26 PM
The manelephant encounter is effectively over, since Flaming Knight had to drop it. You can have Portal deal with the zubats, or wait for a new encounter. I think it's best if there are two at a time so the Vigil crew is split.

Murkus
2016-01-23, 03:09 PM
I did post for Adir trying to scare off/attack the zubats, by the way.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-23, 03:13 PM
I wish I didn't have to end it, but lifer has made it hard. :smallfrown:

Felandria
2016-01-23, 10:57 PM
Funny story: There's a poster with the handle 'Red Fel' :smallbiggrin:

So, something! I have an idea, but I'm trying to help someone get into Nexus RP. I was thinking of using Ezra, and maybe Deadra could be there too? :smallsmile:

Sounds Good!!!

Morty
2016-01-24, 09:43 AM
So we're waiting for Arkhosia in the Grounds, then. Adir, the Nightraven and I think also Noelle are attacking the Zubats. Wenomir and Portal aren't. Blanche hasn't been posted for yet. Either way, looks like we'll need a new encounter to run alongside the Zubat one. Otherwise it's just too much to keep track of, as we've seen.

Solidarity
2016-01-25, 02:07 AM
Would Kris still be the go-to person when it comes to who rp's the Tempest Spaceport Commerce Guildmembers and/or their security force in Skyside? I know that the thread states that any member could be played by potentially anybody but I wasn't sure if that also applied to what/whoever they have in place for security measures. I've currently got a character mapping out general security overlays for the multitude of spaceports there. Though not particularly illegal, I would assume, it may not be taken kindly.

ThirdEmperor
2016-01-25, 03:28 AM
Hey, hey Raziere? I really only feel comfortable with two people in that Skyside scene. I could include you in the plot if that's what you want, but, in a different scene please 'n thank you.

Lord Raziere
2016-01-25, 03:57 AM
I have deleted my post. I shall scout somewhere else.

ThirdEmperor
2016-01-25, 04:23 AM
Alright. I'd have been happy to run something for you, just seeing that that particular scene isn't bogged down.

Arkhosia
2016-01-25, 05:42 PM
feel free to skip me :)

Cyber Punk
2016-01-25, 06:16 PM
Has Phantom posted in Planeside? Poke poke.

Also, in The Biting Knife! Fel, I posted for Ezra and Deadra enjoying blood oranges. Cavalieredraghi will join us with his new char. Raziere, you're welcome to join, too.

cavalieredraghi
2016-01-25, 08:28 PM
Raziere your inbox is full.

Lord Raziere
2016-01-25, 08:38 PM
Raziere your inbox is full.

very well its been cleared out. why doesn't it alert ME as well?

cavalieredraghi
2016-01-25, 08:39 PM
It sends an email to the email you have linked to your account, that is how you would know.

Recaiden
2016-01-25, 08:40 PM
very well its been cleared out. why doesn't it alert ME as well?

It sends you an email about it.
It can't just notify you because there's no space in the inbox. :smalltongue:

Morty
2016-01-26, 03:57 AM
Is there anyone who could run another Hunting Grounds monster? We should probably also make it clear which Vigil member is dealing with which one, so there's no confusion.

Solidarity
2016-01-26, 12:30 PM
Is there anyone who could run another Hunting Grounds monster? We should probably also make it clear which Vigil member is dealing with which one, so there's no confusion.

I could probably come up with something interesting. Any idea as to who'd be fighting it? It's more fun to tailor them a bit to the PC's.

Morty
2016-01-26, 04:24 PM
Wenomir's going to be fighting any ground-based encounter, since his ranged weapons are strictly secondary. Adir is attacking the Zubats, for this round at least. The Nightraven's player is running the Zubats, so presumably she'll stick to the ground as well. I don't know what Portal and Blanche will do.

Speaking of which, *pokes* Ark to the Grounds.

Solidarity
2016-01-26, 08:49 PM
Would I need to keep with the pokemon archetype? Or could it be anything? Also, are all the characters you'd mentioned going to be fighting whatever I put down? Or just a few?

RyanKoopa
2016-01-26, 11:47 PM
I'm going to be focusing on whatever (presumably ground-based) b plot pops up in Hunting Grounds. Portal wouldn't be of much use in aerial combat.

Morty
2016-01-27, 09:47 AM
It's the Hunting Grounds, so any scary monsters will do. Also, the whole idea is to have to encounters running at a time, so that not everyone is fighting the same one.

Cyber Punk
2016-01-27, 10:59 AM
Fen skipped me in Foxside again! :smallfrown:

I posted outside, SC. The scene is hard to follow, especially when mentally fatigued.

Fenric
2016-01-27, 11:30 AM
Check the timestamps - ninjapost is not skipping!

Cyber Punk
2016-01-27, 11:44 AM
Well yeah... but I had no way else to call attention to it!

Solidarity
2016-01-27, 01:47 PM
I understand. I'll take a look and post in hunting grounds once I'm off work. A little research shows the average combat levels for the characters to be C~B? I'm sure I can come up with something appropriately...fun. :smallamused:

Morty
2016-01-27, 03:05 PM
Wenomir's in the upper half of B, yes. I suppose. I haven't really paid attention to those ratings in a while.

Zefir
2016-01-28, 05:40 AM
The Bushranger, I have send Fade to [Erin's Emporium] in mallside. Here is a LINK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20325725&postcount=234).

Kris on a Stick Should we go on withtthe giant in INSIDE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20290044&postcount=33)? Or should we search for another fighter?

*pokes Murkus to INSIDE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20346738&postcount=181)*

Arkhosia
2016-01-28, 05:27 PM
posting in Hunting Grounds asap!

also Mee, your inbox is full!

Solidarity
2016-01-29, 12:52 AM
Sorry about the wait. Posted in Hunting Grounds for anyone hoping to get involved in a more ground based encounter. Of course if you'd prefer to keep fighting elephants and/or zubats, feel free to ignore/post that you'd dodged, etc.

Also *poke* to Rec for Outside. Pretty sure it's your go if you haven't already.

Recaiden
2016-01-29, 01:00 AM
Ah, but I have already. :smalltongue:

Solidarity
2016-01-29, 12:39 PM
Found it. I just didn't see it when quoting for my last post, so I thought your most recent was before SC's. I guess we wait for SC then. Sorry. :smallredface:

Cyber Punk
2016-01-29, 06:27 PM
SC posted, Solidarity. When it's my turn, don't expect me to post for a while.

Posted BDD, too.

Poke Cav to Biting Knife, poke Rec to Planeside (my slow posting speed doesn't mean I've given up on it :p).

Ashen Lilies
2016-01-30, 07:08 AM
The Bushranger, I have send Fade to [Erin's Emporium] in mallside. Here is a LINK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20325725&postcount=234).

Kris on a Stick Should we go on withtthe giant in INSIDE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20290044&postcount=33)? Or should we search for another fighter?

*pokes Murkus to INSIDE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20346738&postcount=181)*

Uhm, Andreas has no capability to take on a giant 1v1. If there's no other takers, then he's probably gonna die.

Morty
2016-01-30, 06:09 PM
I believe Fade is working on the newest MERC contract to seek arcane knowledge. Is anyone else interested? I think I'll reuse the tomb of the warrior-queen for this one, after Grace and Krayger are finished.

Solidarity
2016-01-30, 07:14 PM
I could have Marcus finish up mapping the patrol routes of the organizations in Skyside to report to Dipsnig if you want somebody with magical experience involved. If Zefir's cool with having the two in a scene again. For the sake of expedience we could even reference the "results" of the Vulpine Outpost scene to bring that to a long-needed close.

Morty
2016-01-30, 07:27 PM
I won't say no to that, although I was specifically referring to this job:

[Main Base]

"Well, simple." The armored man replies as he steps inside. "I need you to acquire knowledge of the arcane for me." He looks around the main room. "I don't care how you do it but I have marked out a few locations that are within my sphere of interest. Just tell me if any of these locations are gonna be difficult will you?" The man looks down on the goblin and then opens up a scroll he must have held in his armored hand. "Suncrest manor, Zafflebrod college, The Third Circle, The Toy Tinker, Mithar Keep and Tempest Row." He looks at Dipsnig again, "These are of course just suggestions, I'm simply interested in hoarding any kind of magical knowledge or artifact that you can acquire. Plus that you keep this a secret which is why I have to refrain from telling you my name."

Solidarity
2016-01-30, 07:59 PM
That's perfect then. Marcus'd already mapped out the Tempest Row area while cataloging it's gaurds' usual patrolling routes. As far as the other areas, I'm fine with anywhere. I'd planned on trying to set something up with Mark and 'teaching' at Zafflebrod's anyhow. Any information to be found therein would be a good introduction for him to the area.

Felandria
2016-01-30, 11:54 PM
Uhm, Andreas has no capability to take on a giant 1v1. If there's no other takers, then he's probably gonna die.

A giant, you say?

Zefir
2016-01-31, 04:30 AM
Yeah, we need to search for someone then

I believe Fade is working on the newest MERC contract to seek arcane knowledge. Is anyone else interested? I think I'll reuse the tomb of the warrior-queen for this one, after Grace and Krayger are finished.
Trying to. He is shopping for a device, but hasn't really got futher

I could have Marcus finish up mapping the patrol routes of the organizations in Skyside to report to Dipsnig if you want somebody with magical experience involved. If Zefir's cool with having the two in a scene again. For the sake of expedience we could even reference the "results" of the Vulpine Outpost scene to bring that to a long-needed close.
I don't mind if that's still acurate.

A giant, you say?
Yep. Startet in Inside62
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?419744-Inside-62/page44&p=20140948#post20140948)

Solidarity
2016-01-31, 10:19 PM
Trying to. He is shopping for a device, but hasn't really got futher

I don't mind if that's still acurate.

Currently talking with Fenric to clear up what came of the Vulpine Outpost scene and shortly thereafter I could have Marcus report to Dipsnig and have him possibly even recommend that Marcus helps Fade in his current contract? They've worked together before, and know a good amount of each others' strengths. He might also be able to provide means to bypass having an item do the identifying, not to mention locating the artifacts and whatnot.

EDIT: Is there nobody else that wants to take part in the branch of the current Hunting Grounds scene with Portal and Wenomir? I was told some people would prefer a non-airborne fight, but it seems only the two mentioned had responded so far. A link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20359681&postcount=1200) for reference.

Felandria
2016-02-04, 12:04 AM
Scene anyone?

Recaiden
2016-02-04, 12:07 AM
Scene anyone?

Sure. Is Felandria busy in VIGIL? Do you have something else in mind?

Cyber Punk
2016-02-04, 12:12 AM
Scene anyone?

For you? Anything. :3

Whatcha got in mind?

------

Edit: Planeside post slow in coming because of life, composition of what Cheng is willing to share, kicking myself for not saving the snippet I typed in Blackberry Notes, and did I mention life-induced procrastination? :smallredface:

As for Biting Knife, whose turn is it?

Felandria
2016-02-04, 02:51 AM
Sure. Is Felandria busy in VIGIL? Do you have something else in mind?

She's not busy, just getting to know her new tattoos, so she's free there.

- - - Updated - - -

For you? Anything. :3

Whatcha got in mind?

------

Edit: Planeside post slow in coming because of life, composition of what Cheng is willing to share, kicking myself for not saving the snippet I typed in Blackberry Notes, and did I mention life-induced procrastination? :smallredface:

As for Biting Knife, whose turn is it?

I believe it's Lord Raziere's turn.

Also, :smallredface::smallsmile:

Morty
2016-02-04, 05:55 AM
EDIT: Is there nobody else that wants to take part in the branch of the current Hunting Grounds scene with Portal and Wenomir? I was told some people would prefer a non-airborne fight, but it seems only the two mentioned had responded so far. A link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20359681&postcount=1200) for reference.

The other people are Adir, Blanche and the Nightraven. The former are waiting for a response from the zubats, I believe. The latter, I'm not sure about, but she is played by the same person as the zubats.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-05, 04:49 AM
Also, :smallredface::smallsmile:

*hugs Fel tightly*

I want more Deadra+Ezra! :smallbiggrin:

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-05, 05:17 AM
Then post I think we have given Raziere enough time.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-05, 08:23 PM
Why not just PM them instead? There's no need to skip someone that could just as well be busy /and* possibly still interested in the scene.

Recaiden
2016-02-05, 08:49 PM
To keep things going for other involved players. If a scene depends critically on one player's participation, yes, message them. But if not, leave a note for them and move on.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-05, 08:51 PM
Nodnod.

Shot Raz a pM. If no reply soon, we'll carry on.

Felandria
2016-02-06, 03:06 AM
Pokies to OrchestraHC in Hunting Grounds.

Solidarity
2016-02-06, 03:18 PM
Following logic above, a *poke* to SC for Outside.

Last posts in order are here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20364735&postcount=83), here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20365932&postcount=87), and here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20368887&postcount=94).

Lastly, assuming they wanted to be in it, waiting on the players of Adir, Blanche, and the Nightraven for the ground-based scene (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20359681&postcount=1200) in Hunting Grounds. Currently Wenomir and Portal are on board.

Murkus
2016-02-06, 04:41 PM
Oh, is the zoobats thing not happening now? I had Adir shooting at that, but it has been a while.

Solidarity
2016-02-06, 05:40 PM
It is, but people had mentioned they might prefer a ground-based combat scene. If that's the case, tendrils are whisking people away. These events are happening in concert.

Morty
2016-02-06, 05:57 PM
The idea is that if every Vigil member is fighting the same encounter, it ends up way too slow. Then there's Noelle, who is... sort of helping.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-08, 01:47 PM
Turns out, its Fel's turn in The bIting knife.

:smallsigh::smallfrown:

Felandria
2016-02-08, 03:15 PM
Turns out, its Fel's turn in The bIting knife.

:smallsigh::smallfrown:

Nuh uh.

It's Lord Raziere's

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-08, 04:29 PM
He's saying Raz quit.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-08, 05:07 PM
That's exactly it.

Zefir
2016-02-09, 05:35 AM
So I checked up my scenes and I wonder, Who's turn is it in [Light's Heart] -Riverside?

Cyber Punk
2016-02-09, 12:11 PM
*poke* ThePhantom to Planeside.

Morty
2016-02-10, 06:56 PM
*pokes people to Hunting Grounds*

Fenric
2016-02-10, 08:57 PM
Sorry for vanishing earlier: work got crazy.

Still is... still there :smalleek:

Recaiden
2016-02-10, 09:14 PM
Sorry for vanishing earlier: work got crazy.

Still is... still there :smalleek:

Poor fox! Get home someday. Hopefully today.

ThePhantom
2016-02-11, 12:20 AM
So I checked up my scenes and I wonder, Who's turn is it in [Light's Heart] -Riverside?

I know its not mine. I'm guessing it whoever is controlling light heart.

RyanKoopa
2016-02-12, 10:21 AM
Poking Solidarity to the Hunting Grounds

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 04:34 AM
Well hey there people! I'm back!

I know, it's been a while. Sorry for the sudden and long absence. My life got pretty freaking nuts for a while. Not fun at all. It's starting to calm down now, though, and I missed this place. So I'm back.

Gonna use a couple of my old characters, but I'm likely going to make some new ones, too.

goto124
2016-02-13, 05:26 AM
What kind of nuts? Cashew? Almond? :smalltongue:

Welcome back!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 05:27 AM
What kind of nuts? Cashew? Almond? :smalltongue:

Welcome back!

Giant coconuts raining down upon my head.

And thank you.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 06:09 AM
Oh, goto! :3

Welcome back, K Mk.II ;smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 06:11 AM
Oh, goto! :3

Welcome back, K Mk.II ;smallbiggrin:

Why thank you.

Recaiden
2016-02-13, 12:34 PM
Well hey there people! I'm back!

I know, it's been a while. Sorry for the sudden and long absence. My life got pretty freaking nuts for a while. Not fun at all. It's starting to calm down now, though, and I missed this place. So I'm back.

Gonna use a couple of my old characters, but I'm likely going to make some new ones, too.

Welcome back Kerfuffle! You've been missed.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 12:37 PM
Welcome back Kerfuffle! You've been missed.

Good to hear! Glad I'm back.

Fenric
2016-02-13, 12:52 PM
Hi, Kerfuffle! Good to see you again.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 01:40 PM
Hi, Kerfuffle! Good to see you again.

You too, Fenric.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 03:19 PM
Is the penguin an emperor penguin?

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-13, 04:28 PM
Penguins are penguins and emperors are emperors, thank you. Let's not upset the status quo with radical accusations.

In all seriousness, it was a gentoo penguin last I heard.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 04:29 PM
Penguins are penguins and emperors are emperors, thank you. Let's not upset the status quo with radical accusations.

In all seriousness, it was a gentoo penguin last I heard.

But what about...the mighty penguin emperor!?!?!?

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-13, 04:36 PM
Only a myth, thank you. Let's have no more talk of this nonsense.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 04:37 PM
Only a myth, thank you. Let's have no more talk of this nonsense.

But...but...there's one living in my freezer...

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-13, 04:42 PM
Oho. You must be the famous 'Mr. Popper' then. Guards!
*furiously dramatic champagne sipping*

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 04:45 PM
*defends the kerfuffle*
That species of penguin still does not help Mal XD. He still has to look up to see the dang thing.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 04:45 PM
Oho. You must be the famous 'Mr. Popper' then. Guards!
*furiously dramatic champagne sipping*

No! I only have one! And he was here first!

He charges me rent.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 04:49 PM
KMach... erm... that specific scene in BK is a bit overloaded poster-wise (by my standards)... and Cav might not be leaving so soon if Ezra can help it, but... I've gone through your char sheet, and I think there's other scenes we could do! In the Biting Knife or outside! Yay!‎

Ivaz and Agony are both sadists, Darsy and Luna are both martial artists with elemental abilities with hard-drinking party girl tendencies (though "Electric Ninja, thank you!" says Luna), Delta-88 and Piotr could talk about part-robot stuff... let's go nuts!‎

Aside: Whatever happenedto Black Coated Man?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 04:53 PM
KMach... erm... that specific scene in BK is a bit overloaded poster-wise (by my standards)... and Cav might not be leaving so soon if Ezra can help it, but... I've gone through your char sheet, and I think there's other scenes we could do! In the Biting Knife or outside! Yay!‎

Ivaz and Agony are both sadists, Darsy and Luna are both martial artists with elemental abilities with hard-drinking party girl tendencies (though "Electric Ninja, thank you!" says Luna), Delta-88 and Piotr could talk about part-robot stuff... let's go nuts!‎

Aside: Whatever happenedto Black Coated Man?

I just felt like bringing Alysha to that place, and Mal was at the door when she came in. If nobody interacts with her, that's fine. She'll just hang out for a little while before moving on to somewhere else.

I'm good with whichever pair you wanna go for. I'll even do all three if you want.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 05:02 PM
What are you going on about flaming? As for the new person I am fine,with interacting with her.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 05:55 PM
Cav, it's not about you, it's about the poster count. Usually, 3-4 is the magic number sweet spot, any higher and things get harder to manage/track. We're 4, unless we're not counting Raz.

KMach, It will be unwise to do all three, due to life reasons. Biting Knife? We could even keep Alysha, and maybe I can test out Dread.‎

... and I don't answer to Flaming.‎

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 05:58 PM
Cav, it's not about you, it's about the poster count. Usually, 3-4 is the magic number sweet spot, any higher and things get harder to manage/track. We're 4, unless we're not counting Raz.

KMach, It will be unwise to do all three, due to life reasons. Biting Knife? We could even keep Alysha, and maybe I can test out Dread.‎

... and I don't answer to Flaming.‎

Well, if we're gonna be at the Biting Knife, I might as well stick with Alysha for now, since she's already there.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 06:12 PM
Yay! Let it be a separate scene, then. Edit out the reaction to Mal, then I'll make up a scene tag and send Dread in. :) Hope Alysha likes kraken-butt ladies!

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 06:13 PM
I am reallygrowing unhappy with these rules and regs you are saying and implementing "knight".

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 06:14 PM
Yay! Let it be a separate scene, then. Edit out the reaction to Mal, then I'll make up a scene tag and send Dread in. :) Hope Alysha likes kraken-butt ladies!

Not sure why Mal can't join in as well, but whatever.

Alysha likes everybody that's nice.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 06:24 PM
Two reasons: separate time, and even if not (which it is), the sight of her might cause Mal to unload several crossbow bolts into her (or try to, at least).

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 06:26 PM
You really don't think highly of me apparently. :smallannoyed:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 06:31 PM
Two reasons: separate time, and even if not (which it is), the sight of her might cause Mal to unload several crossbow bolts into her (or try to, at least).

I highly doubt he'd try to shoot her on sight. She's too happy looking.

But, anyways, I edited my post.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 06:38 PM
I am reallygrowing unhappy with these rules and regs you are saying and implementing "knight".

As for the rules, we're all here to have fun, Cav! We're also here to ensure that everyone has equal amounts of fun. If some rules aren't set in place, some are likely to have fun at the expense of others.

Like in DBitp, and limiting power levels. I can get behind that, even though I felt it a bit too limiting at first.

As for the name, I despise the name 'flaming' on its own. :smallmad: No, I'm not mad, but that's how I feel when I'm called just 'flaming'. :cringe:

You really don't think highly of me apparently. :smallannoyed:

No, honestly. It's a char trait of hers that people are more likely to find her repulsive at first than not, not a slight against you. :smallsmile:

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 07:05 PM
As for the rules, we're all here to have fun, Cav! We're also here to ensure that everyone has equal amounts of fun. If some rules aren't set in place, some are likely to have fun at the expense of others.

Like in DBitp, and limiting power levels. I can get behind that, even though I felt it a bit too limiting at first.

As for the name, I despise the name 'flaming' on its own. :smallmad: No, I'm not mad, but that's how I feel when I'm called just 'flaming'. :cringe:

No, honestly. It's a char trait of hers that people are more likely to find her repulsive at first than not, not a slight against you. :smallsmile:

I find it fine you want to have equal fun, but by not letting others in you do limit their fun, as well as ruin any possible plans. You also insured thanks your meddling,that Mal has to stay in your scene rather then move where I want him. He is personally not liking the group of lovy vampires, and is ticked a cute creature,that is extremely dangerous is taller then him and he cant kill it.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 07:07 PM
I find it fine you want to have equal fun, but by not letting others in you do limit their fun, as well as ruin any possible plans. You also insured thanks your meddling,that Mal has to stay in your scene rather then move where I want him. He is personally not liking the group of lovy vampires, and is ticked a cute creature,that is extremely dangerous is taller then him and he cant kill it.

Personally, I'm fine with Mal joining Alysha and Dread. Alysha loves meeting new people. And she's never had a chance to talk with a kobold before. Or whatever Dread is. She'd love talking to both of them.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 07:19 PM

Well, we don't want to limit other's fun, so let's not limit numbers! 9 people in a scene? No problem! It's not like too many people in a scene will kill the fun or anything. :smallsigh:

Mal doesn't have to do anything. If you want to prove me wrong and have Mal GTFO, it's your choice, and there's very little I can do about it. Mal's your character, not mine.

You know what? Fine. :smallannoyed: Alyssa can join the scene, if you care so much about it.

I'm going to bed before I say something I'l regret in the morining.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-13, 08:24 PM
Very well then I will leave, have fun Flaming Angel.

Arkhosia
2016-02-13, 08:26 PM
hiya Kerfuffle! long time no see :smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-13, 08:33 PM
hiya Kerfuffle! long time no see :smallbiggrin:

Hello! I'd stay longer tonight, but I've been awake for over 30 hours now. So good night.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-13, 09:12 PM
Very well then I will leave, have fun Flaming Angel.

-'ll quote the message Felandria just sent me: "You can't let people chase you away, this place is too fun!"

People have tried to chase me away in a myriad of ways, and it was gettint to me... until I found other RPers and realized that I shouldn't let those people dictate how I have my fun.

Think of my so-called rules as suggestions, then.

---------
On that note, I have exams incoming, so my participation will be little to none in the coming weeks, as I need to concentrate.

Night, al.

5a Violista
2016-02-14, 12:35 AM
So, hi again!

I'm not going to pretend I understand any of the recent things that have happened, and I haven't got enough time to look any of it all up, so I'll finally just post.

So...posting.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 11:55 AM
Poking fen to Foxside

Recaiden
2016-02-14, 12:10 PM
Poking fen to Foxside

But he posted there hours ago.
Are you thinking of Alexandrian? :smallconfused:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 12:42 PM
So, hi again!

I'm not going to pretend I understand any of the recent things that have happened, and I haven't got enough time to look any of it all up, so I'll finally just post.

So...posting.

Hey. Not sure if you're aware, but Krystal actually has some history with the first Malice. In fact, it's because of her that his Malicebots look like Ultron.

So, since both Krystal and Malicebot 8 are in Trog's, I'm thinking it's likely she'll recognize him.

RyanKoopa
2016-02-14, 02:13 PM
So, hi again!

So...posting.
Hey, I could interact with your character in VIGIL if you'd like. Since the scene in Hunting Grounds has ground to a halt, I'm basically up for whatever.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 04:26 PM
So Kmach, Raziere, knight where do we want to go. Raziere take lead you know more and have a better,idea.also you would be the one who can get the others to follow Mal. Maybe he entered another portal That is leading to someplace dangerous to normal folk, thanks to the fate folks? I leave it to you.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 04:35 PM
Continuing from PM's:

Thank you, Cav. *hug*

Now, starting over. I already mentioned Lost_Deep's open scene. As for the other one, I have afew new chars, like Dread, Piotr etc. Though, as for the adventure with Razand Kerfluffle, I think it's best Idon't join in. ^^

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 04:59 PM
I'm up for whatever is going on. Just tell me what and where, and I'm in.

Lord Raziere
2016-02-14, 05:12 PM
So Kmach, Raziere, knight where do we want to go. Raziere take lead you know more and have a better,idea.also you would be the one who can get the others to follow Mal. Maybe he entered another portal That is leading to someplace dangerous to normal folk, thanks to the fate folks? I leave it to you.

so Fateweavers somehow finding him and her and deciding to try something? kay.

would somewhere dangerous on Planeside be good? like some plane full of fire?

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 05:15 PM
Interesting Mal is a Brass Dragonwrought so he would have resistance to fire?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 05:29 PM
Alyssa could wipe out some magic to protect herself.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 05:34 PM
Then I think we have a plan, knight I still want to be friends, you are free to join us. Raziere feel free to do what you like with Mal, with in reason for this next bit okay, just link me to the game.

Deathkeeper
2016-02-14, 06:42 PM
Interesting Mal is a Brass Dragonwrought so he would have resistance to fire?

Huh. So is Spako. Nexus seems to be 2/2 when it comes to Dragonwroughts being brass.

5a Violista
2016-02-14, 08:24 PM
Hey. Not sure if you're aware, but Krystal actually has some history with the first Malice. In fact, it's because of her that his Malicebots look like Ultron.

So, since both Krystal and Malicebot 8 are in Trog's, I'm thinking it's likely she'll recognize him.
Oh!
Actually, I remember reading that plot. It was very interesting.

Hey, I could interact with your character in VIGIL if you'd like. Since the scene in Hunting Grounds has ground to a halt, I'm basically up for whatever.
That would be neat. It seems I never know what to do in VIGIL because I'm never caught up on the current-happenings.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 08:59 PM
Then I think we have a plan, knight I still want to be friends, you are free to join us. Raziere feel free to do what you like with Mal, with in reason for this next bit okay, just link me to the game.

Me too, Cav. Me too. *hug* Still, you guys have your fun. It's best I don't interfere.

Kerfluffle, Lost_Deep's scene in Trogs is an open one, so the person there can approach Ilyona and Nimaah.

Cav... well, let's continue our DBitp story using either QuickTopic or PM's, though PMs are unadvisable, I clear my box every so often. Link to the last post and I'll post Binky's reaction, along with sending you a link.

:smalleek: I forgot all about the Planeside scene I was running. Sorry Rec, Phantom, goto, life happened, will post now. Not leaving after all. :smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 09:02 PM
Krystal is already talking to Malicebot 8. She has history with him.

However, I can bring somebody else into Trog's. Possibly Delta?

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 09:04 PM
Huh. So is Spako. Nexus seems to be 2/2 when it comes to Dragonwroughts being brass.

Well at least there is another here who knows the power of the Dragonwrought.
HAHAHAHA!

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 09:09 PM
Delta, yes! Delta is a good idea! Ilyona is... well, she's augmented as well, and I designed her to be very creepy-looking...

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 09:11 PM
What is Quick Topic?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 09:11 PM
Delta it is then! As soon as somebody else posts there. I don't like double posting.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 09:16 PM
You'll see. :smalltongue:

KMach... how about a GLoG scene while we wait for Lost? Or Spaceside.

Speaking of which, guys (goto, Rec, Phantom) I think the Planeside scene should probs be in Spaceside.

I also remembered the reason for the delay... looks like Anchor won't be getting her juicy info about Cheng, or I risk stalling for another week.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-14, 09:21 PM
Hm...Guess I could have Darsy visit somewhere in Spaceside.

Deathkeeper
2016-02-14, 09:41 PM
Well at least there is another here who knows the power of the Dragonwrought.
HAHAHAHA!

Spako is also from Spelljammer, though, and I think I'm the only one here who's ever touched that . :smalltongue:

Cyber Punk
2016-02-14, 11:09 PM
Something's come up, Kerfluffle.

Morty, can Kerfluffle bring a char to the GLoG scene (I decided Asher absolutely wouldn't miss) you and Murkus told me about? If they're willing, that is. KF, wanna join? Have a kid, or one that knows Tuskfang?

Felandria and goto, let's not the fun go to waste! Posted biting knife. Vals day thingie. :3

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 11:31 PM
Can Mal see this guy Raziere?

Lord Raziere
2016-02-14, 11:38 PM
Can Mal see this guy Raziere?

well I don't see why he would since Agent Shane wants to keep his distance....so um....no? unless there is a problem with that?

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-14, 11:41 PM
No just wanted to make sure. Normally I wouldn't describe the villian to you actually see them.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-15, 12:09 AM
Another poke to ThePhantom, to Planeside.

goto124
2016-02-15, 01:14 AM
Wait... an adventure? Who's running it, Eagle?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-15, 01:16 AM
Something's come up, Kerfluffle.

Morty, can Kerfluffle bring a char to the GLoG scene (I decided Asher absolutely wouldn't miss) you and Murkus told me about? If they're willing, that is. KF, wanna join? Have a kid, or one that knows Tuskfang?

Felandria and goto, let's not the fun go to waste! Posted biting knife. Vals day thingie. :3

I got Darsy and Delta currently unoccupied. No kids, and neither of them have met Tuskfang.

Zefir
2016-02-15, 02:01 AM
I know its not mine. I'm guessing it whoever is controlling light heart.

OKay. Talked to SC in chat. Things are still active.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-15, 09:16 AM
Wait... an adventure? Who's running it, Eagle?

Good question. Exams soon, so def not me! Okay, maybe not an adventure... unless maybe help Deadra fight her demons (Fel's scene)

I got Darsy and Delta currently unoccupied. No kids, and neither of them have met Tuskfang.

Delta's shy? Asher'd wanna help!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-15, 10:51 AM
The problem is that Delta doesn't really have a reason to show up at a kids party. Neither does Darsy.

So, I say we stick with the original idea of Delta going to Trog's.

The Alexandrian
2016-02-15, 07:19 PM
Good afternoon, folks!

My apologies for the delays on all fronts. I was procrastinating completing a programming project up until yesterday when it was due. I'm very tired at the moment, so I'm afraid I shan't be posting today either, but I'll attempt to make up for it tomorrow...aaand post in a few places I really should have really posted in by now. >.<

@Rec: I read your post in Srs, and I was wondering if you were looking for a certain type of interaction for the char you seem to be introducing or if any IC interaction would do.

@Ark: I cleared space in my Inbox for new pms awhile ago, but I didn't announce it. When you aren't so busy, drop me a line so we can do something with Shantelle and Toy, if you want.

Also, welcome back Kerfuffle and Violist! It's good to see you two posting again!

Cyber Punk
2016-02-15, 08:15 PM
The problem is that Delta doesn't really have a reason to show up at a kids party. Neither does Darsy.

So, I say we stick with the original idea of Delta going to Trog's.

Yep. After I post in reply to Lost_Deep, you can post for Delta, too. It should be an open scene, but I'll hit them up just in case.

Recaiden
2016-02-15, 11:16 PM
Nothing in particular, Alex.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-16, 07:20 PM
So, Trog scene is also a bust. Are you willing to run a spaceside or random scene?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-16, 08:26 PM
So, Trog scene is also a bust. Are you willing to run a spaceside or random scene?

I have nothing planned story-wise, but I can have Darsy or Delta run into one of your characters somewhere. Like Inside or something. Whatever you want.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-16, 09:36 PM
Hmm... zat sounds goot.

Dread needs a friend. How about the Random Thread? Or Seaside. I'd wanna use the twins again, but doing so won't be easy while posting on a tiny-keyboard phone.

I'll post for Dread in Seaside!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-16, 09:39 PM
Hmm... zat sounds goot.

Dread needs a friend. How about the Random Thread? Or Seaside. I'd wanna use the twins again, but doing so won't be easy while posting on a tiny-keyboard phone.

I'll post for Dread in Seaside!

Okey dokey. You have a preference between Darsy or Delta showing up?

Cyber Punk
2016-02-16, 10:54 PM
Delta, please. :biggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-16, 10:58 PM
Delta, please. :biggrin:

That was my choice, too.

Murkus
2016-02-17, 12:40 AM
Does anyone wanna have their character meet/talk to/interact with/fight a giant pink warrior-woman who likes nice dresses and big floppy hats?! :smallsmile:

Sheeee's just a certain character of mine I feel like playing!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-17, 12:42 AM
Does anyone wanna have their character meet/talk to/interact with/fight a giant pink warrior-woman who likes nice dresses and big floppy hats?! :smallsmile:

Sheeee's just a certain character of mine I feel like playing!

Well, Darsy isn't doing anything right now, so she's free, if you want.

Murkus
2016-02-17, 12:44 AM
Sure! I have scenes a buncha places though, where should they meet? Eschelle (for that's the lady's name) has two modes, casual, in which she's social and well-dressed, or working, in which she's an armor-clad adventurer who could drop in on any manner of situation.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-17, 12:47 AM
Well, Darsy's favorite hobbies are drinking and brawling. She isn't what you'd call proper, so she wouldn't fit in anyplace that requires etiquette.

Felandria
2016-02-17, 12:52 AM
Good question. Exams soon, so def not me! Okay, maybe not an adventure... unless maybe help Deadra fight her demons (Fel's scene)

Should I do it?

Murkus
2016-02-17, 12:53 AM
Tell ya what, I'll just run two Trogs scenes. There really is no better venue. Gimme just a couple minutes!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-17, 12:55 AM
Tell ya what, I'll just run two Trogs scenes. There really is no better venue. Gimme just a couple minutes!

Stick with what ya know, huh? :smallbiggrin:

Murkus
2016-02-17, 01:07 AM
I'm running a fight in the BDD, and the Fox seems to be dead!

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-17, 01:10 AM
Could always kick the Fox back to life, if you want. Either place is fine by me.

Murkus
2016-02-17, 01:11 AM
Y'know what, maybe I will.

Zefir
2016-02-17, 04:03 AM
I'm still in need for someone else to help out against a shadow black giant in inside. Kris is involved and he would need some help to get rid of that thing.
A Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20290044&postcount=33)
The giant started roaming around the street Andreas got in their to stop it using his shield to let him fall down. There was also a spider rider who shot the giant in the hand causing a nasty wound. Currently the giant is laying down, but he will be up soon.

Also I got a young fire elf girl in Trogs if anyone wants to interact with her. I would prefer non fighting scenes.^^

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-17, 04:38 AM
Poke Raziere in Planeside

Rater202
2016-02-17, 09:48 PM
I would politely inquire if Fenric is still involved in he scene in the hunting grounds?

Deathkeeper
2016-02-17, 09:55 PM
Fenric hasn't posted anywhere for a bit. He's swamped with work.

Rater202
2016-02-17, 11:20 PM
So, what's the etiquette in this situation?

Recaiden
2016-02-17, 11:31 PM
If the scene depends on them or there's very few people, we'd wait. In this case, you should go ahead and post.
Especially since his characters are out of the hunt; he was probably only going to post 1 more time.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-17, 11:39 PM
Poke goto to Planeside. :3

Should I do it?

Eeeyup! Though be advised, as from next week I'll probably post once a week until exam are over, and even after then I have a project to work on.

I proly won't post in BK for quite a while. :smallfrown:

Felandria
2016-02-17, 11:47 PM

Eeeyup! Though be advised, as from next week I'll probably post once a week until exam are over, and even after then I have a project to work on.

I proly won't post in BK for quite a while. :smallfrown:

:smalleek::smallfrown: Okay, then how about Deadra and the others go, have a girls (and penguin) night?

goto124
2016-02-18, 01:25 AM

Did a short post. Sorry for delaying!

Such is life. Good luck, Flaming Knight!

Fel, I'll go edit the post in BK. Perhaps they could head to Masquerade Island, an area I run?

Cyber Punk
2016-02-18, 02:21 AM
I'drather it were somewhere different from Masq island.

Besides, it'll be an opportunity for the gang to know more about Deadra.

Felandria
2016-02-18, 03:11 AM
I think I have an idea where they can go.

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-18, 03:46 AM
Oy Fel. Just a quick fyi on the Vigil scene - Wenomir isn't in it. He's not in the Living Room, he's somewhere completely else having a different conversation.

Recaiden
2016-02-18, 12:21 PM
But he was explicitly (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20396043&postcount=487) in the living room.

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-18, 04:05 PM
Huh. I guess that conversation is actually in the living room, but, at different times?

Morty
2016-02-18, 07:16 PM
I was assuming it was a separate scene from the others. I didn't really expect anyone to jump in.

Also, *poke* for people in the Hunting Grounds. Specifically, RyanKoopa and Kris/Adversary.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 12:21 AM
Poke Raziere in PORAS.

Lord Raziere
2016-02-20, 01:12 AM
Poke Raziere in PORAS.

kay, replied. the powers I'm working with here are REALLY hax, so let me know if they are getting too overpowered and such and I'm not sure of how much I can do before its too powerful or whatever. thats why I'm having trouble. particularly since it isn't supposed to be easy as your character is treating it as.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 01:33 AM
Well your characters are dealing with powers like God. Mal has faced Gods what he wants is a true honest brawl a good fair equal fight. That is why it is to easy. Gods are nothing cheats are just a weakness. Weakness he can exploit just as much as they can. However they rely on weakness so they are not equal opponents to Mal is his mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Now did mal see where the guy went?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-20, 02:14 AM
Eh, it's not too bad yet. Alysha just started using her summons for the fight. She can take a little more.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 02:25 AM
Honestly Kmach I love your character. And Stitch was my favorite summon.:smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-20, 02:33 AM
Mine too. Which is why I picked him to use first.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 02:35 AM
Can we expect him to play a ukalali?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-20, 02:36 AM
Probably. He won't be exactly the same as he was in the game.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 02:37 AM
Well either way it will be fun!

goto124
2016-02-20, 07:53 AM
Can we expect him to play a ukalali?

I read that as ukulele.

cavalieredraghi
2016-02-20, 08:04 AM
I have horrible spelling. I glad I was in the right ball park.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-21, 12:00 AM
Posted Planeside.

Exams start on monday, so my lack of daily participation will continue. Maybe even after that, because of life stuff (in a good-career and relationship advancing way this time :3).

I've recently been contemplating changing my existing vampires to be from the World Of Darkness/Vampire The Masquerade universe. Ezra could fit as a Tremere with Toreador personalities, I'm thinking Geri as some sort of Tzimisce (or however it's spelt), but the main thing on my mind has been: 'If I wanted to, how would I roleplay a Malkavian, esp in terms of speech pattern?

Thoughts? For those familiar with the world, that is.‎

Felandria
2016-02-21, 02:35 AM
Posted Planeside.

Exams start on monday, so my lack of daily participation will continue. Maybe even after that, because of life stuff (in a good-career and relationship advancing way this time :3).

I've recently been contemplating changing my existing vampires to be from the World Of Darkness/Vampire The Masquerade universe. Ezra could fit as a Tremere with Toreador personalities, I'm thinking Geri as some sort of Tzimisce (or however it's spelt), but the main thing on my mind has been: 'If I wanted to, how would I roleplay a Malkavian, esp in terms of speech pattern?

Thoughts? For those familiar with the world, that is.‎

I don't know much about that, Deadra and Fel are from Pathfinder/D&D.

Oh, and still waiting for the okay from Axxie and the others to start the girls (and penguins) night adventure

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-21, 02:39 AM
Felandria, did you see my prior message?

goto124
2016-02-21, 02:46 AM
Oh, and still waiting for the okay from Axxie and the others to start the girls (and penguins) night adventure

Oh, sorry! I was the last person to post in BK, so I figured it's your turn to post now. Here's the okay :smalltongue:

Perhaps you could go ahead and post, since the last post in BK is currently mine?

Cyber Punk
2016-02-21, 06:31 PM
Different OOC post, go!

The short version: I'm keeping Ezra around because certain peeps want him around, regardless of whether I do want him around or not. I don't.

Main reason is because he's a 'first-draft, at best'. Half-arsed purpose in the Nexus, a bit too perfect and therefore boring to play, and the fact that it feels like I'm keeping him around against my will isn't helping.

But I might have come up with a solution, and subsequently, an adventure. I want to kill Ezra off as we know him and replace him with a substitute. It is virtually impossible to tweak him after so much has been established and feel comfortable with myself.‎

Goto and Fel, here's what I've come up with: stuff happens, he goes away and gets replaced with another version of him from another world. He recognizes them, but they don't recognize him, or vice-versa. They recognizing each other could work... but his personality won't be the same... maybe they could recognize it, and he'll reply "Que? This is how I've always been." in a confused manner or something.‎

If you both have better ideas (that don't involve me keeping Ezra as he is right now), I'm all ears.‎

goto124
2016-02-21, 09:23 PM
Goto and Fel, here's what I've come up with: stuff happens, he goes away and gets replaced with another version of him from another world. He recognizes them, but they don't recognize him, or vice-versa. They recognizing each other could work... but his personality won't be the same... maybe they could recognize it, and he'll reply "Que? This is how I've always been." in a confused manner or something.‎‎

I was under the impression Ezra would still keep the majority of his appearance, personality, etc.

What exactly would be changed? A lot of his backstory can be changed as you think is required, with little direct impact on interaction. Not sure on personality though... but I doubt you'll stray too far from his core personality, which is "charismatic smooth-talking ladies' man".

Could he keep his Nexus memories though? Meeting Axxie in Trog's, the oasis dungeon, Midnight Park, the little three-way in Masq, and the outing with KC in Seaside. These memories, I feel, are an important part of their relationship.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-21, 10:06 PM
Glad you asked. Before I answer, I feel the memories are an important part of that, as well. I've been stumped trying to figure it out, which is bad timing considering I have exams. Luckily I've managed to read.

Alright. Caesar Kravitz, bi-racial vampire from the Vampire: The Requiem world. Daeva. Black jheri-curled hair, blue eyes, light brown skin.

Personality still is charming ladies man, but more focus will be on his constant battle with his inner beast. Blood drinker, can't ingest anything else, and no more of the 'metal-eater' nonsense.

Dancer and singer. I couldn't help but think of Michael Jackson, and it might influence how I play him. He shares a quirk of the Inspector from Ghost Trick, in that he dances all over the place.‎ Seriously. That inspector even dances down stairs!‎

Sunlight and fire is now fatal to him, but like all vampires, can tank a superhuman amount of damage, in part due to the Vigor discipline. Other disciplines unique to the Daeva clan are Celerity (super speed) and Majesty (Charming ability). Weapon of choice is knives, but prefers diplomacy to needless violence not because he's a diplomat, but because he doesn't like blood on his clothes.

I suppose we could work together to change certain things memory-wise to be more cohesive, like screaming in pain when under the sunlight lanterns of Rebo's inside park (instead of no effect), or Axxie needing to save him from the rhino because it caused aggravated-type damage (instead of because of blunt force trauma), KC's healing spell causing him damage (unless she knows the 'harm' spell).

Purpose in the nexus is pending, based on how his backstory goes. Maybe circumstances necessitate him travelling out for a while, or maybe a space-time accident dumps him in the nexus and he's trying to find his way back because of unfinished business?

This guy might be 2-3 centuries old, but he'll have more youthful vigor.

Edit: Backstory is not going to be the same. Ezra grew up in a ranching family. Caesar comes from a family of performing arts people.

Whaddya think, goto?‎

goto124
2016-02-21, 11:24 PM
Does his name and appearance have to change? If those change, it's hard to justify the girlfriends accepting him as their boyfriend.

I see you want to give him more weaknesses. Instead of retconning those weaknesses in, Ezra could gain them while his girlfriends (and penguin) are away. It makes it easier to keep the Nexus memories consistent.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-22, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry, really I am, but not changing his name or his appearance makes it much less likely that I'll keep playing him down the line. I'll be forced to keep him as he is and less likely to implement any changes, and then I'll start to resent the char more than I do already, and then I'll stop playing him for real.

:smallsigh: :smallfrown:

Also, the way I bulit 'im, it's impossible to add weaknesses I've already made sure he can't have (due to his nature) without retconning something.

I want this to work, but I can't keep playing a char that I've come to detest.‎

Felandria
2016-02-22, 01:21 AM
Felandria, did you see my prior message?

I did not, until just now.

It should be all squared away now, with Arlem explaining and all, now Fel is just waiting for instructions, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, really I am, but not changing his name or his appearance makes it much less likely that I'll keep playing him down the line. I'll be forced to keep him as he is and less likely to implement any changes, and then I'll start to resent the char more than I do already, and then I'll stop playing him for real.

:smallsigh: :smallfrown:

Also, the way I bulit 'im, it's impossible to add weaknesses I've already made sure he can't have (due to his nature) without retconning something.

I want this to work, but I can't keep playing a char that I've come to detest.‎

Well. As much as it might utterly crush Deadra to lose Ezra, if there's anyone who would be comfortable with an alternate universe double, it would be her, since she is one too.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-22, 12:38 PM
Aww Fel, I wouldn't wanna crush Deadra. :smallfrown: Buuut... she'd be okay with an alternate universe Ezra person? Then she won't be crushed! :3

I finished my exam paper of the day early (but couldn't leave because not up to one hour had passed). I spent the time trying to think up ways to fix the changes to Ezra, but... well, I fear I'll sound like a broken record if I start repeating this, but I've kept my growing distaste for the char to myself, and now I just... can't, anymore.

I have an idea. Let's shelve the BK scene for now, and start a different test scene. Caesar and Deadra and Axxie and KC in one room, see how it goes. It'll help me tweak stuff, too.

Alternatively, Caesar and Deadra in a room, Caesar and Axxie and KC in another room. Then we see how it goes, how the others react.‎

Murkus
2016-02-22, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for my slowness of late. It's been a very busy couple of days. I'm still at work now, but once I'm home later tonight I should be able to do my rounds.

I know this may seem par for the course from me by now, but I really wanna try to make sure I keep up with all my scenes. :P Thanks for your patience, Nexus-folk.

Nova_Eclipse
2016-02-23, 10:14 PM
If was to bring in a character from a high-tech setting, would it be more appropriate for them to be pulled in in Inside or Skyside?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-23, 10:18 PM
Probably either.

The Nexus places don't really have a cohesive theme, so any character could fit in anywhere.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-24, 01:14 AM
I have a char from a high-tech setting (thoughmost of my chars are high-tech in some form or the other) if you're interested.

ThirdEmperor
2016-02-24, 02:52 AM
I would say, Skyside right now isn't doing many 'high tech' scenes. My personal recommendation would have to be Inside. I also have a few characters in that spectrum in Hunting Grounds, if you want to start things off with a big flashy fight sequence.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-24, 11:31 AM
For some reason, it's been bugging me to make some more edits to Caesar. I opened up Ezra's sheet and (since I have a little time to kill) began importing things, to make Caesar a merge of both characters. I intend to delete the Ezra entry after that.

I'm keeping a lot of the changes, but I'm looking into making his vampire type a fusion of what I made up before and what a VtM Daeva Toreador is.*

My first playthru of VtM: Bloodlines was me essentially RPing him,so there's that too.

Question: In Ancient Rome, were there redheads?‎

Nova_Eclipse
2016-02-24, 11:55 AM
I had an idea about how I wanted to drop this character into the setting. I was originally considering dropping her in by Atlas Park, but any park/open area in Inside or Skyside would probably work. Where are the Hunting Grounds? I didn't see them listed in the locales on the Inside thread.

Edit: Wow, I'm blind. Scrolled right past the thread for the Hunting Grounds. I don't think they'll fit for what I have in mind right now, though.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-24, 12:13 PM
Also, Kerfuffle, I haven't forgotten about our scene. I just need to clarify how Dread would describe her origins.

In actuality, she's an eldritch-spawn Cecaelian whose visage has a tendency to fill people with varying levels of dread.

Solidarity
2016-02-24, 12:14 PM
For some reason, it's been bugging me to make some more edits to Caesar. I opened up Ezra's sheet and (since I have a little time to kill) began importing things, to make Caesar a merge of both characters. I intend to delete the Ezra entry after that.

I'm keeping a lot of the changes, but I'm looking into making his vampire type a fusion of what I made up before and what a VtM Daeva Toreador is.*

My first playthru of VtM: Bloodlines was me essentially RPing him,so there's that too.

Question: In Ancient Rome, were there redheads?‎

There have been accounts that describe many people with red hair. As an extra note, the most expensive kind of roman slave was a red-headed woman.