PDA

View Full Version : Megadungeon C (IC) II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Malimar
2016-02-23, 06:55 PM
Travelling from far and wide for their own varying reasons, Ezekiel Sunbreaker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689430), Taric Hari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689486), Ria Hellsong (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689431), Kiyohide Nakagawa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=691732), and Ranthwyl Zyliz (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=695919) have found themselves in the great city of Endeesy. Endeesy can't compare in magnificence, wealth, or amenities to the other capitols of the world (although its population is greater by an order of magnitude than the others, its infrastructure is somewhat lacking). It offers only two things: first, almost anyone can find a way to fit in in this city of misfits; and second, even keeping the king's peace is almost beyond the military's ability, so non-violent offenses (and even some violent offenses) that might be crimes in other nations are overlooked here. So Endeesy, like its predecessor the aptly-named Disreputable City, has naturally become a hub for pirates, smugglers, and adventurers alike.

But Endeesy has even more to offer than even the Disreputable City did in its heyday, for the lands north of the city are peppered with unexplored caves and ruins both ancient and recent, filled with fruits ripe for the plucking by those adventurers brave enough to seek them out.

That's where this party comes in, finding themselves in the grand Adventurer's Guildhall. Barely more than an oversized tavern, really, the draw of the Adventurer's Guild for adventurers is that here one may encounter like-minded adventurers with whom to form a team, and then one may consult the corkboard by the door for a myriad of opportunities. (The draw for everyone else is, of course, that one may post a bounty on the bulletin board and eventually it will be done, if the reward is high enough.) The bartender is a friendly-looking middle-aged half-elf, and other adventurers and hirelings are scattered at the bar and tables.

The contents of the corkboard can be found here (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties).

Bounties may range from the unambiguously good to the rankly evil, offer rewards ranging from piddling to riches beyond your wildest dreams, and mount challenges ranging from child's play to downright unachievable. None of these factors necessarily correlates with any of the others.

Not every location visited necessarily contains anything of value, and things of value may not present themselves obviously. Not all creatures encountered will necessarily pose a challenge appropriate to your power, or even be hostile. Areas cleared of creatures will not necessarily remain cleared for long.

This is an organic world, with many options and correspondingly many risks. How you choose to respond is up to you.

(OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?476361-Megadungeon-(OOC)-V))

LoyalPaladin
2016-02-24, 04:01 PM
Ezekiel Sunbreaker

Ezekiel crosses his arms and shakes his head. "Some of these quests pay very little for very great deeds." He turns to the barkeep. "Hello there, sir. I'm new to town. What can you tell me that may be of use?"

Rolls, if necessary.

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Gather Information
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-02-24, 05:54 PM
Endeesy Adventurer's Guild

The bartender stops cleaning a glass and extends a hand to shake, "New in town, you say? The name's Tom." He pours a glass of cheap ale for Ezekiel, on the house. He seems friendly and helpful enough, even for non-Guild-members. He elaborates, "I'll tell you what I tell everybody: avoid the Cave of Burning for awhile, tough monsters there, and the environment's no joke. The infestation that used to be Doublebridge is a priority for the Crown, but the menace there is contained for now, you might want a few fights under your belts before you take that on. Might want to avoid being out of the city at night altogether, now that I think on it; tough monsters are said to come out then."

A stunted mongrelman sitting at the bar interrupts, "Old wives' tales for scaring newbies! The last wizard I partied with said he'd done a statistical analysis of everything he'd encountered on the roads and said the only difference was fewer sheep at night. He went on at rather some length about it, actually."

Tom shrugs, tops off the mongrelman's drink, and continues, "Just telling it like I've heard it. Anyway, the cold iron mines are pretty well cleared, not a lot worth adventuring for there. I've heard good things about the dwarven catacombs west of Serpent Pass, but the Crown's already paid out a bounty for mapping there. Gladiatorial combat at the Temple of Inglip is always lucrative for skilled warriors."

"And, you know, you might want to cover your, y'know, face in the city, as you're a little bit, ah, visibly dragony? You're safe here in the Guild, but as soon as you step out those doors, any dragonkin's a target for Sir Randolph's bounty."

IZ42
2016-02-24, 07:21 PM
Ranthwyl Zyliz

A gnome appears seemingly nowhere right next to Ezekiel "Eh, they target my team, they become my slaves. No biggie." The gnome gives a curt nod. "Personal Opinion is that we should get nab some monsters for the gladiatorial pits. Not much of a fighter, myself, but forcing dumb brutes to dance to my song is easy. Though this note is intresting, let's see what it says." The gnome adjusts his puts on his glasses, inspecting the note.

Decipher Script on the Coded Message (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties#Coded_Message): [roll0]

Malimar
2016-02-24, 07:51 PM

Ranthwyl makes a good start at deciphering the message! He soon concludes it's probably a substitution cipher, each symbol substituting for a Common letter.

Common has a limited number of one- and two-letter words: any one-letter word is probably "a" or "I", and any two-letter word is likely to be "of", "it", "as", "in", "to", "on", "or", or "be".

Ranthwyl concludes that the two-letter words that each repeat like seven times are most likely "it" and "of", which in turn means that the one-letter word that begins the message is probably "a", not "I". That gives you several letters to work with.

The "._." symbol that appears at the end and a couple times in the middle of the message is probably punctuation, a full stop.

If you get a ways into decipherment and encounter the word "FREDAY", be not confused, it is not a typo, it is simply the sixth day of the week (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar).

(Further rolls will not produce further hints.)

LoyalPaladin
2016-02-25, 11:03 AM
Ezekiel Sunbreaker

The large paladin nods, tipping the bar tender for his words of advice and making due note of the mongrelman's words. "Thank you both for the advice, I'll make sure to keep it at the front of my mind." He wasn't incredibly dragon like, in comparison to the majority of his kind. But the eyes and hair were a dead give away, not to mention he was... less... than inconspicuous. The half-plate would serve as a decent cover up.

He turned around to his adventuring party. "Well, my friends... what sort of quest do you feel like taking up?" He crosses his arms, awaiting their reply.

VirusInk
2016-02-29, 04:42 PM
Ria Hellsong

"I'd like something hands on. So, nabbing some creatures doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Plus, it sounds doable." Ria rolls her head from side to side, cracking her neck while she thinks. "But I'm open to more suggestions as well."

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-01, 10:45 AM
Ezekiel Sunbreaker

"That's a three out of five agreence." The paladin nods knowingly. "Unless anyone has something to say otherwise, I say we take up that quest."

Snowbluff
2016-03-01, 06:18 PM
Taric says nothing and says nothing.

Extra Anchovies
2016-03-02, 10:32 PM
The Omorashi man, who had until now been carefully reading the full contents of the board, finally speaks up. "Decision by majority vote is wise, and I see no reason to not at least pay the arena a visit to see what creatures they're seeking."

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-03, 11:02 AM
Ezekiel

"Then it is decided!" The paladin announces. "We make for the arena."

Malimar
2016-03-03, 12:11 PM
Endeesy Temple of Inglip and Arena Complex

And so the party heads out to the Temple of Inglip and Arena Complex, a few blocks away! It's a large complex, not difficult to find. On the way, they pass many market stalls, a throng of children, and many alleyways containing many big rats.

The complex is in two parts: a large, one-story stone temple, and a large-ish stone amphitheatre or stadium.

Out on the front steps of the temple stands a red-robed priest, ranting to a small crowd about the virtues of Inglip and self-determination and randomness. The sermon doesn't quite entirely hold together as a coherent whole, philosophically, but the small crowd doesn't seem to mind.

Judging from the silence from the arena out back, there doesn't seem to be a gladiatorial combat going on there right now. (Also one wouldn't expect the priests to hold a sermon here at the same time they're putting on a show elsewhere, though knowing Inglip's chaotic ways, that's not guaranteed.)

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-04, 01:02 PM
Ezekiel

The paladin moves past the sermon, looking for some sort of official looking person near the arena. "Surely a priest wouldn't host a battle." He shook his head.

Malimar
2016-03-04, 01:39 PM

The red-robed priests of Inglip are weird people. Inglip's a weird god. He's not a god of battle or anything, but he is a god of anything the whim seizes him to be a god of. Presumably the priests got a message in the tea leaves one day saying HOST GLADIATORS or something, and so they built and arena and have been holding gladiatorial combats as fundraisers ever since. (Never mind that it can't be much of a fundraiser if they don't charge admission and they do pay for creatures and they also dole out reward money, so one would think it would be a money-losing venture; the money must come from somewhere. Maybe they overcharge for popcorn and hot dogs.)

Ezekiel and his companions head around back and head into the bleachers! There's nobody else in the stands right now, but in the center of the arena are several younger red-robed mongrelfolk priests, raking the sand smooth. One of them notices the party and, eager for an excuse to take a break from raking, wanders over, "Can I help you?"

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-04, 01:44 PM
Ezekiel

"Ah, yes." Ezekiel approaches them. "We're here to answer a request. It seems you need monsters."

VirusInk
2016-03-04, 03:21 PM
Ria Hellsong

Ria chimes in. "Yeah. What kind of monsters we talkin' anyways? Anything specific?"

Malimar
2016-03-04, 06:45 PM

The young priest bobs his head, "Oh, yes, we always need fresh monsters! We try to keep them from dying in the arena, but sometimes contestants get carried away. And sometimes monsters get too old and tired to fight so we have to take them out into the countryside and release them.

"Anything ferocious is good. The point is a good show! And we don't want anything too cute, the crowds don't like it when gladiators beat up cute things. Of course, if you find something cute that will be more likely to beat up the gladiators, that's excellent. Giant bugs are always a good choice, for example. Bears, tigers, wild animals, that sort of thing. Nobody intelligent, though; Inglip doesn't approve of slavery."

IZ42
2016-03-04, 09:49 PM
Ranthwyl Zyliz

Ranthwyl looks up from his hastily copied version of the note he was working on, pushing up his glasses as he commented, "Sounds easy enough. I'd assume that since this Inglip of yours doesn't approve of slaves, these Gladiators are volunteers? Employees? Whoever they are, they're pretty damn crazy to fight a predator head-on."

Malimar
2016-03-05, 01:55 PM

The young priest waves his arms about, "Oh, my, yes, all volunteers. The potential rewards are substantial, and there are always people seeking to gain money, glory in the eyes of the crowd, the favor of Inglip, and so on!"

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-07, 11:43 AM
Ezekiel

"Interesting." The large paladin crosses his arms. "Large bugs would make a formidable opponent for the uninitiated, with their chitinous exterior..."

VirusInk
2016-03-07, 04:48 PM
Ria Hellsong

"Let's go bug hunting then!" Ria suggests a bit forcefully. "Hey. Priest. Where can we find said bugs, anyway?" She questions.

Malimar
2016-03-09, 12:03 PM

The young priest considers Ria's question. "Good question. I'm told that if you wander the countryside long enough, you're liable to encounter all manner of strange creatures, but if you're looking for big bugs in particular... Hm. I remember there was a big show awhile back where the Crown executed this drow guy who had been infesting the cold iron mines to the northwest with centipedes; there might be some centipedes left over in the mines? Or, I dunno, has anybody posted at the Adventurer's Guild about any problems with bugs? That's where I'd start looking."

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-18, 11:58 AM
Ezekiel

The paladin nods. "Thank you for your time, friend." Turning back to his team. "Back to the adventurer's guild we go..."

Ezekiel will go back to the adventurer's guild and check the board for bug related quests.

Malimar
2016-03-18, 01:52 PM

The priest bids the party fare well and returns to raking the arena sand, and the party returns to the Adventurer's Guild!

The bounty board (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties) offers several options!

As the young priest suggested, the Tiv-Beckett Cold Iron Mine still advertises a bounty for clearing the mines of monstrously huge centipedes -- but Tom the bartender opined that the mines are pretty well cleared and not worth it.

There's a bounty for monsters in the sewers, but who knows if that means bugs or oozes or otyughs or what.

There are ettercaps near the town of Alpineway, which is like bugs (and might include spiders; ettercaps are known to keep spiders as pets, it says so on the posted page), though potentially a tough challenge.

And, of course, the cellar of Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium (conveniently right across the street from the Adventurer's Guild, the party has seen the shop while passing by) has become infested with preposterously-sized scorpions.

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-27, 01:18 PM
Ezekiel

"I propose we head to Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium." He jots down the name and address. "This seems doable?"

Snowbluff
2016-03-29, 10:33 PM
Taric doesn't protest.

Malimar
2016-03-31, 12:02 PM
Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium

And lo, the party heads across the street, to Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium!

A small building, lined floor to ceiling with shelf upon shelf of an astounding miscellany of potions, elixirs, balms, oils, salves, juices, draughts, and tonics.

Behind the counter is Ma Raixey herself, a dark-skinned woman of indeterminate ancestry -- human? mongrelfolk? half-elf? It's a little hard to tell, she's very, but not quite entirely, humany. She smiles as the party enters, "Good morning, dearies! What can I do for you today?"

LoyalPaladin
2016-03-31, 01:21 PM
Ezekiel

Spreading his arms wide, Ezekiel exclaims. "We've come to ask about your scorpion problem!" Smiling, he adds. "We'd love to at least assess their threat level."

Malimar
2016-04-02, 12:08 PM

Ma Raixey beams! "Aha! Bless your bonnets! Well, there's a bunch of them, should be twelve altogether, unless they've been breeding; I ordered twelve scorpion eggs from Romus, you see, wonderful reagent in a variety of oils and ointments. Only I lost track of the crate of eggs at the back of my cellar and plum forgot about them until they went and hatched, and then they must have gotten into the growth potions. There's one great big one, too big even to get up the cellar stairs, and the smaller ones all seem to want to stick close to the big one. I say 'smaller', but most of them are as big as you are."

LoyalPaladin
2016-04-04, 10:25 AM
Enoch the Just

Enoch looks at his team. "We could probably do well in a ranged combat situation..." The wheels in his head are turning. "It sounds pretty dangerous. Thoughts?"

Snowbluff
2016-04-04, 11:22 AM
Taric shrugs, patiently not offering anything helpful to the situation.

VirusInk
2016-04-07, 11:34 PM
Ria Hellsong

"Can't say that's my forte..." Ria admits. "I'm more of an in-your-face fighter."

Malimar
2016-04-10, 05:53 PM

Ma Raixey nods to Ria, "Those scorpions will want to get in your face, that's for sure."

LoyalPaladin
2016-04-10, 10:14 PM
Ezekiel

"That is unfortunate..." He crosses his arms. Waiting for input from the rest of the team.

Malimar
2016-06-06, 06:29 PM

We try again! In the interest of not just copy-pasting the entire spiel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20460505&postcount=1), I will only copy-paste the relevantly changed small part of the spiel. To wit:

Travelling from far and wide for their own varying reasons, the samurai Shouhei Matsumoto (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=836541), the elf Taric Hari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689486), the aasimar Ria Hellsong (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689431), the templeforged Matters (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=787807), and the enigmatic Dacianne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=689250) have found themselves in the great city of Endeesy, in the grand Adventurer's Guildhall.

The contents of the corkboard can be found here (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties).

Among the bounties on the corkboard, in addition to those listed above, is a mysterious note that on the visible side reads
Smellyboop, stay here and wait for Mr Red. and on the other side:
PLEASE BUY THIS ROCK FROM ME

I stole an orange prism ioun stone from the vampire lord Cofniben, and I can't fence it -- nobody will buy it from me, lest the Defiance come after them, too. I'll sell it for a third the going rate! 10,000gp, just help me get rid of it!

Look over in the corner. See the terrified human in the blue cloak? That's me. I daren't leave the Guild -- the Defiance won't strike here, but as soon as I step outside, I'm a dead man.

PLEASE HELP
There is no terrified human in a blue cloak in any of the room's corners.

repairmanjack
2016-06-06, 07:47 PM
Dacianne

She strides into the Adventurer's Guild and pops up onto a stool to chat to the bartender for a few moments. While she is not a member of the Guild, she has made acquaintances there. Mostly, it is in relation to the carnival she travels with, and hiring adventurers to patrol the carnival and keep annoyances to a tolerable level. She got a drink, passed the contract she had been assigned to deliver to him, then lazily strolled over to cork board.

Standing before the board, she looked the part of an elven-ish carnival barker. Slender, freckled, with short cropped black hair sticking out from under a checkered floppy hat, that her pointed ears poke against. She wiggles her nose and scans the board, her gold eyes flicking about for something interesting. Her hands go to her hips, as she sways causing her puffy pants to swish. "Hmm, hm, hmmmmm."

She smirks, "Smellyboop, that's a good name."

Scanning the room, she tsks. "Aww, no scared man wanting me to buy something from them. Shame, I should have liked to meet him.

Oooh, a platinum for each sewer beast. That might fill my day."

Bayar
2016-06-06, 10:12 PM
Matters

A slightly decrepid warforged joins Dacianne by the corkboard.

"Indeed ! A chance to purge the sanitary system of parasites, Urmaggr would approve ! Name is Matters and I would gladly join you in this task."

Snowbluff
2016-06-06, 10:21 PM
Taric Hari

Taric carefully examines the note about the man who stole an Ioun stone from a vampire. He seems quite concerned that someone had gotten himself in so much trouble with no one to help him. "Of course, fools will be fools, but without the wisdom of others, where would any of us be here today?" he mutters.

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-06, 10:59 PM
Shouhei

Shouhei bows towards Dacianne. "I believe that would be a wise choice." Shouhei rests one hand on the hilt of his blade at all times. His posture gives off a regal air, but his eyes preach a sad story. However, he seems well focused on the task at hand and is scanning the cork board actively. "If it proves to be too challenging, there is no shame in changing our decision after assessing the danger of a mission."

repairmanjack
2016-06-08, 09:33 PM
Dacianne

She didn't expect others to join her at the board, as this was mostly a time of quick assessment before returning to barking for the carnival. However, when someone agrees with her, she casts her eyes to the side and startles. Her hands go to her hat and she giggles softly, rather embarrassed.

"Hello, Matters. I am Dack."

She realizes there is a crowd and gazes upon the tall, pale one muttering to himself, as she had just been. If he looks, she smiles to him.

Bowed to by Shouhei, she gives a quick curtsy and grins to the regal fellow. "Well, it seems we have a group forming. If everyone wants to get dirty," she clears her throat, then fixes that statement, "erm, go into the sewers, then we can do it."

VirusInk
2016-06-08, 10:29 PM
Ria Hellsong

Ria strolls over to the group and invites herself into the conversation. "Dirty isn't a problem."

She continues with a casual grin that could be mistaken for cocky, "Ria Hellsong, by the way. Nice to meet you."

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-08, 11:28 PM
Shouhei

Nodding to Dacianne, he agrees with Ria's statement. "Dirt is temporary, but our works leave a lasting print on society." He removes the hand from his katana and reaches it out. "Matsumoto, Shouhei."

repairmanjack
2016-06-10, 08:53 PM
Dacianne

She waves to the newly arrived woman, almost too excited that people are about her, and being social.

"Hello, Miss Hellsong. Can I just call you 'Hellsong?' That's just a great name. I'm Dack."

She would let the others introduce themselves if they wanted.

Shouhei's hand is clasped, if he was offering his hand to her. "Well, met.

So, shall we get going?" Surely, the sewers couldn't be hard to find.

Malimar
2016-06-12, 06:47 PM

And, consensus having been achieved, the nascent party heads out! They wander for a little bit, before finding the nearest manhole about a block to the southeast of the Adventurer's Guild! Between Shouhei, Taric, Ria, and Matters, they get the manhole cover up (Dacianne supervises).

Endeesy Sewers

The sewer turns out to be surprisngly spacious! It doubles as a storm drain, and Endeesy is right on the coast, so it gets hurricanes and/or monsoons occasionally, so the sewers under the Crown District were dug with much greater capacity than is currently being used. (Only the Crown District and the districts to the east and south have sewers -- nobody cares about the more inland districts.)

http://i.imgur.com/nLmikR9.jpg
(This picture is only meant to be impressionistic, not a literal exactly what you're seeing -- I couldn't find a more precise picture on the intertubes, and I can't go take a better screenshot myself because the game no longer exists.)

To the west, south, and east, 15' wide cylindrical tubes head off into darkness. The stench is horrible, and slime covers every surface. A 5'-wide trench funnels noxious sewage down away to the south and east, with 5'-wide walkways on either side. There are periodic grates in the ceiling of the sewers, to let sunlight, storm water, and chamberpot contents flow into the sewer -- light down here is generally dim but serviceable.

No creatures big enough to be a concern are immediately visible. Only mundane Fine bugs crawling on the walls.

###################
.......MR<STD......
~~~~~~~~=~=~~~~~~~~
.........=.........
########.~.########
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
= = small bridge over sewage
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-13, 10:45 AM
Shouhei

"Into darker places, we go." Shouhei says in an eerie tone as he pulls out his lantern, lighting the way. "I will take point, weaker defenders in the middle and stronger defenders in the back." Once everyone is in formation, he will take the small bridge over the sewage and venture down the walkway by the curved walls.

I can only post during weekdays mostly right now. I just moved and have little to no internet at my house until the 22nd. :smallfrown:

repairmanjack
2016-06-14, 10:26 AM
Dacianne

"Dark and spooky. Nice and wide, though. I've slept in worse places." She grins and then begins to take her roll 2nd from the back.

"Umm, just so you know, if you spot someone, let me know, and I'll sneak up and give them the old shove a knife in their back and such." With that, she scoots along.

Bayar
2016-06-14, 12:27 PM
Matters

"I'm fine with guarding the rear." says Matters, brandishing a guisarme for emphasis.

Motivate Dexterity aura active: +2 DEX to allies with 3 pr more INT in a 60 feet radius..

Malimar
2016-06-14, 04:37 PM
Endeesy Sewers

With Matters and Dacianne taking up the rear and Shouhei heading up the front, the party heads south!

The sewer passageway continues like this for many hundreds of feet, with small and tiny pipes periodically in the curved walls, sewage seeping slowly out of them from homes and businesses.

About two hundred feet south, Taric (despite being in the middle) spots the Things first, then points them out to the rest of the party: Floating in the noxious, stenchy, slowly-flowing sewer water, occasionally bumping into one another, are approximately five blobs, roughly the size of humans, transparent masses of sticky protoplasm, encrusted with bits of debris and possibly treasure. They are floating north, against the current, at a leisurely pace, agglomerating sewage as they go.

Nobody recognizes these oozes nor knows anything about their properties.

Despite the dim light, the party has apparently noticed the oozes outside the range of the oozes' senses, but the oozes are floating slowly northwards and may notice the party soon.

#.~.#
#.~M#
#.~D#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.~S#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
o = floating ooze

Snowbluff
2016-06-14, 05:45 PM
Taric

Taric draws his bow, carefully surveying his surroundings.

[roll0] spot

repairmanjack
2016-06-16, 10:36 AM
Dacianne

She finds this all rather fascinating. Such large and open sewers, such a lovely walkway, so many little knobs, marks, and pipes to look at. Such lovely sewage! Well, perhaps not.

The things are pointed out and she draws out her rapier and avoids the swishing sound that it fun to make with it. No, she must be stern, focused, and look at the self-propelled blobs that are gobbling up all the treasure they come across.

She whisper, "Anyone know what those are? They look kind of spongy." Do spongy things die from being poked? She hoped they deflated when jabbed.

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-16, 12:01 PM
Shouhei

"Mmmm..." Shouhei stares intently at the blobs. "I'm not sure. But by a sponge's nature, I'd assume poking would yield little to no effect." He turns his gaze on the party. "Are you prepared to attack?"

Bayar
2016-06-16, 03:37 PM
Matters

"Sooo, a glaive would be less effective ? Then this here morningstar shall do the fighting." Swapping it's weapons between them, Matters twirls the morningstar and flexes it's arm as if pumping muscles.

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-16, 03:54 PM
Shouhei

"I have no experience fighting sponges." He says, matter-of-factly. "But trial by fire combat seems to be the best way of determining their weakness."

Malimar
2016-06-16, 09:25 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric draws his bow and carefully looks around! He notices just before somebody dumps unpleasant fluids down a grate above him, and he effortlessly sidesteps and gets no grossness on him. The fluid seeps down the curved wall and across the floor and into the stream of sewage.

He notices that the liquid flowing beyond the oozes looks noticeably cleaner than the sewage on this side of them -- oozes that eat organic matter keep sewers clean! That fact is unlikely to affect the bounty for them, of course -- oozes that eat organic matter also eat sewer workers.

And these oozes do appear to have some inorganic treasure stuck to them, coins and other stuff that might make it even more worth it to kill them.

Dacianne draws her rapier, and Matters switches to a morningstar!

The oozes sedately float closer.

#.~.#
#.~M#
#.~D#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.~S#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
o = floating ooze

repairmanjack
2016-06-17, 10:13 PM
Dacianne

She frowned and whispered back to Shouhei, "Well, that is not fun. My main trick is going poke poke." But, she grinned and nodded her confirmation, that she was ready to attack away if they were.

Matters reply and drawing of the morningstar made her giggle softly, as it was quite a fine display that showed true confidence.

So, she waits, going to see if fires burned things. But, then sewage comes down and she hops back and away from Taric. Stifling a gag, she sticks her tongue out and then shakes her head violently.

She whispers finally, "Gross."

Bayar
2016-06-18, 03:59 PM
Matters

"Erm, should we wait on them ? They seem kinda apatethic." The templeforged casually scratches the back of her head with the morningstar. "Would we even be able to prove we killed them ? Or would they just drain away when defeated ?"

Malimar
2016-06-21, 08:04 PM
Endeesy Sewers

The party is prepared for oozey combat! They lie in wait for the oozes, which continue to float northwards!

Until... alert! One of the oozes perks up as the party comes within its sensory range! And then the next ooze! They extend pseudopods, and are clearly preparing to advance threateningly. The rest of the oozes will soon come within sensory range, as well, and if the behavior of the first two is any indication, all will be prepared to try to consume the party.

In this game, initiative works like this: all players post in any order, then once all the posts are in (or at least 48 hours have passed since my last post), I adjudicate combat in initiative order. Feel free to make liberal use of the ready and delay actions. There may wind up being a lot of "if X happens, then I do Y", especially for people later in the initiative. If you don't post for 48 hours (or however long it takes me to post, but I won't post unless 48 hours have passed or everybody else has posted), your character delays until the beginning of the next round.

Beginning initiative order for this battle is
Dacianne
Shouhei
two oozes
Matters
an ooze
Ria
an ooze
Taric
the last ooze

#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~M#
#.~D#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.~S#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.o.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
o = floating ooze

repairmanjack
2016-06-21, 08:07 PM
Dacianne

Well, it seems that the creatures are ready for them! At least two are! She squeaks, and looks for a place to stab, but it seems that there are not any soft places. So, stabbing them might not work.

She slowly draws out a wand of cure light wounds and whispers, "Umm, I guess I'll kind of heal? With my stick?"

She's confused as they don't seem to have discernible anatomy. So, she is all too happy to see what happens when someone shoots one, or bashes it.

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-22, 10:50 AM
Shouhei

He nods at Dacianne. "Don't let your nerves get the better of you." He says to the party.

Shouhei will move his full speed towards the nearest enemy and ready his standard action for when they get into range. Once they're in his melee range, he will use Sapphire Nightmare Blade (ToB, pg. 65) in combination with Iaijutsu Focus and Quickdraw to do...
http://s3.roosterteeth.com/images/ahwaffles51a817f125583.jpg

Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Concentration Check
[roll0]

Extra Damage
[roll1]

Melee Attack (Katana)
Attack Roll
[roll2]

Damage Roll
[roll3] (Slashing, Non-Magical)

Iaijutsu Focus
Skill Check
[roll4]

Extra Damage (10-14)
[roll5]

Extra Damage (15-19)
[roll6]

Extra Damage (20-24)
[roll7]

Extra Damage (25-29)
[roll8]

Extra Damage (30-34)
[roll9]

Extra Damage (35-39)
[roll10]

Extra Damage (40-44)
[roll11]

Extra Damage (45-49)
[roll12]

Extra Damage (50+)
[roll13]

Malimar
2016-06-25, 11:03 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Dacianne pulls out her wand!

Shouhei moves up and readies an attack!

The second ooze swims up the channel of sewage to Shouhei --

Shouhei concentrates for a moment, then draws his weapon and uses iaijutsu technique at the foe! But despite his opponent's flat-footedness, he sadly misses --

Then the ooze extends a pseudopod, but Shouhei just barely dodges its slam, thanks to Matters's motivational aura of dexterity!

Another ooze (#4), as Shouhei has come within its sensory range, floats up to him then oozes out onto the walkway in front of him!

Matters delays until the beginning of next round!

Another ooze (#3) notices Shouhei, and floats up through the sewage next to him -- provoking an attack of opportunity! It is difficult to see in the sewage (so it has a 40% miss chance -- the one out on the walkway is easier to see and doesn't have this miss chance), but Shouhei hits it anyway! It does not split or do anything nasty like that when Shouhei's katana strikes it... but its membrane is awfully sticky with adhesive goop, and Shouhei's katana gets stuck fast to ooze #3 -- a Strength check (as a standard action) will be required to pry it off.

Ria delays until the beginning of next round!

Ooze #5 floats up past Shouhei... all the way past Shouhei, ignoring him and going for the delicious-looking rest of the party.

Taric delays until the beginning of next round!

The last ooze (#1) swims up a bit past Shouhei, then continues onwards, charging Ria and swinging a pseudopod at her! But she dodges out of the way!

#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~M#
#.~D#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.1.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.5.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.3S#
#.24#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
1-5 = floating ooze

repairmanjack
2016-06-25, 03:03 PM
Dacianne

She squeaks, but realizing that it made noise, covered her mouth. She has a dagger in one hand and a wand in the other, so she's grateful that the dagger was not turned sideways. Realizing her predicament, her hands drop to her sides.

"Umm..." She points towards Shouhei as he is being surrounded, and the oozes are making their way towards the group. "I, highly suggest that we began advancing before our friend is absorbed."

With that, assuming everyone is moving forward on this narrow path, she would go with them... least Shouhei be.. eaten. So, she would move along with Matters and try to get within 30 feet of Shouhei. She's ready to heal!

Snowbluff
2016-06-25, 11:21 PM
Taric Hari

"He's not my friend," Taric mumbles as he fires. He then moves about feet back.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
Shooting #3

Taric has Precise Shot so he doesn't get a penalty for shooting into the fight/grapple.

Bayar
2016-06-26, 03:10 AM
Matters

"Aha ! The enemies of the machine make their move ! Let's show them the errors of their programming." Matters moves in front of Rialla (probably eating an attack of opportunity) and takes a swing at the ooze.

Attack: [roll0] -8 if the ooze does not attack
Damage: [roll1] (wielding morningstar one handed and shield in off hand)

HP: 11/11
AC: 16 Touch: 9 FF: 16

Stance: Martial Spirit (+2 HP to an ally within 30 ft whenever Matters lands a succesful melee attack)
Aura: Motivate Dexterity (+2 DEX to all allies that can hear/understand Matters within 60ft radius)

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-27, 10:09 AM
Shouhei

"This must be some sort of joke!" Shouhei exclaims in frustration.

Shouhei will attempt the strength check to remove the sword from the ooze. If successful, he'll use his move action to sheathe it.

Malimar
2016-06-27, 08:18 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Matters marches up to the foremost ooze!

The ooze makes an attack of opportunity! But it misses!

Matters then retaliates! She just barely hits it, but hit it she does, and it emits a sticky squelching noise! Then when she tries to pull the morningstar off the ooze, it sticks! Matters's weapon is stuck to the ooze (#1)! A strength check (as a standard action) will be required to pull it loose!

Ria delays!

Taric shoots at ooze #3! He hits! It is damaged (fairly badly damaged now, in fact), and now has an arrow sticking out of it in addition to Shouhei's sword! Then Taric moves back a bit!

Dacianne moves up past Matters, to where she can dart in and heal Shouhei next round if he needs it!

Shouhei tries unsuccessfully to free his katana from the ooze, but it unfortunately remains stuck fast. (He could put his foot on the ooze to get better leverage for pulling the sword free! But that would be The Worst Idea.)

Ooze #2 extends a pseudopod and attempts to bludgeon Shouhei with it! Thanks to Matters's aura of dexterity, he (barely) ducks out of the way!

Ooze #4 also attempts to hit Shouhei! It, too, barely misses!

Ooze #3 oozes up Shouhei's sword and bops him in the chest! This one hits him! Shouhei takes 7 damage and is grappled! He suspects he will be unable to get free of the ooze's sticky grasp as long as it's alive.
I'm 97% sure that "Adhesive (Ex): [...] It automatically grapples any creature it hits with its slam attack." indicates a more powerful ability than regular Improved Grab -- it doesn't attempt to grapple, it automatically grapples. I can't find any clarifying text to the contrary in the errata or anything, so we'll go with that for now.

Ooze #5 glorpulates up to Dacianne and swings a pseudopod at her! But she easily dodges out of the way.

Ooze #1 swings a pseudopod at Matters! But she, too, easily dodges!

#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~R#
#.1M#
#.~D#
#.5.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.3S#
#.24#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei (grappling with ooze #3)
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
1-5 = floating ooze (#3 grappling with Shouhei)

Bayar
2016-06-28, 03:02 PM
Matters

"That is the property of the Urmaggr Clergy ! Release it at once heretic !" Matters tries to pry off the morningstar from the jelly. "Is it just me or do these things seem to be much tougher than they look ?"

[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-06-28, 04:01 PM
Taric Hari

"It's just you," Taric Mutters.

Taric attack ooze #1 with a Dragon Breath Arrow

[roll0] Attack
[roll1]
1 fire damage, and then DC 15 reflex or be on fire (taking 1d6 fire per round).

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-28, 04:08 PM
Shouhei

"Ridiculous!" Shouhei grunts.

Shouhei will unknowingly launch an unarmed strike against the ooze. I'd attempt to drag it along with me, but I don't think I'm strong enough haha.

Melee Attack

Unarmed Strike
[roll0] (Bludgeoning/Non-Lethal)
Punishing Stance
[roll1]

repairmanjack
2016-06-29, 09:16 AM
Dacianne

She doesn't think this is going well at all. People are arguing with each other, well, maybe politely, but she doesn't know these people! It could be just quirks, or rudeness. But she holds strong and believes the best in people.

Shouhei is smacked and she squeaks and moves his way! She will attempt to cattleprod him with her wand of healing.

[roll0] healing wand poke!

VirusInk
2016-06-29, 02:16 PM
Ria Hellsong

Seeing how her teammates sword was easily captured by the ooze, Ria cringes a bit. "I'd love to assist but... I'm more of a punching sort of gal and don't particularly feel like being eaten." She admits, feeling a little useless.

Ria will delay her action until the an ooze gets within melee range- then she'll take a step back.
Dying on the first mission doesn't sound fun.

Malimar
2016-06-29, 02:54 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Ria finds an ooze dangerously proximate to her, and steps back away from it!

Matters almost gets her morningstar free, but not quite.

Taric shoots an arrow at ooze #1! It glances off the ooze's thick membrane (just brushing the ooze, not enough to stick to it) and lands harmlessly in the sewagey water.

Dacianne runs past ooze #5, which swings broadly with a pseudopod and misses her entirely, up to Shouhei, whom she pokes with her wand! (This would provoke from ooze #3, but it is busy grappling Shouhei, and does not threaten.) Shouhei is healed for 7!

Shouhei grapples with ooze #3, gripping it with the parts of him that are already stuck to it and trying to tear it apart! He damages it, nonlethally!

Ooze #2 detects a new target, and swims north two squares! Shouhei can't take advantage of the opportunity, but Dacianne, with her dagger out, can! But she completely misses the ooze, perhaps trying too hard not to get her dagger stuck to it. The ooze, in turn, completely misses Dacianne!

Ooze #4 swings at Shouhei! It lands a blow; Shouhei takes 5 damage and is now grappled by both #4 and #3!

Ooze #3, looking a bit raggedy and well-damaged, pulses with protoplasm and bludgeons at Shouhei... twice! Shouhei fights off its slamming grapple once, but the other attack takes him by surprise; Shouhei takes 7 damage!

Ooze #5 swims up to Matters and attempts to slam her with a pseudopod! But it misses!

Ooze #1 also tries to slam Matters! But it, too, misses!

#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~R#
#.~.#
#.1M#
#.5.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.2D#
#.3S#
#.~4#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole

S = Shouhei (grappling with ooze #3 and #4)
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
1-5 = floating ooze (#3 and #4 grappling with Shouhei)

LoyalPaladin
2016-06-29, 03:15 PM
Shouhei Matsumoto

Shouhei cools his demeanor, entering a zen state of calm. "Looks like this might be it for the Matsumoto line." He looks back at Dacianne and says quietly. "You need not all die here to save me. Four lives are not worth my own." He then turns and launches another strike at the oozes. "But I will not go quietly!"

Shouhei will use his standard action to use the Steel Wind maneuver against Oozes #3 and #4. Even though he can't actually move, he'll use all his might to keep the ones that have him from advancing on Dacianne.

Ooze #3
Melee Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Non-Lethal/Bludgeoning)
[roll2] (Punishing Stance)

Ooze #4
Melee Attack
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4] (Non-Lethal/Bludgeoning)
[roll5] (Punishing Stance)

Snowbluff
2016-06-29, 04:40 PM
Taric

Taric hops across the sewer, and looses a dragonbreath arrow at #3.

[roll0] atk
[roll1] damage
+1 fire damage, and DC 15 reflex or ignite.

VirusInk
2016-06-29, 04:48 PM
Ria Hellsong

Unable to simply stand and watch, Ria resorts to her pack for help.

Ria will reach into her bag and grab a firestone (Dragon Compendium pg. 117) as a move action, she'll then throw it at ooze #1!

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Fire)

Bayar
2016-06-29, 05:37 PM
Matters

Seeing as now two jellies are menacing her, Matters takes a few steps back and tries once again to yank the morningstar out. "Keep fighting ! You're doing great ! Nnnnghhh !"

Strenght Check: [roll0]

HP: 11/11
AC: 16 Touch: 9 FF: 16

Stance: Martial Spirit (+2 HP to an ally within 30 ft whenever Matters lands a succesful melee attack)
Aura: Motivate Dexterity (+2 DEX to all allies that can hear/understand Matters within 60ft radius)

repairmanjack
2016-06-30, 06:25 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne does not fear death! She does fear the circus losing her as a barker, and all the people that would die because she was dead. Die from starvation due to no one attending the circus, and lack of proper flirty giggles, or something like that.

She nods to Shouhei after having successfully dodged repeatedly, and successfully kept her dagger from getting stuck in ooze. Many wins!

"Umm, perhaps we should retreat a bit, and we'll talk about continuing your line later," she obviously meant that as a joke.

Even so, she pokes him with her wand again!

1d20+5

Malimar
2016-06-30, 06:54 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Ria pulls out a firestone and chucks it at the nearest ooze! It strikes the ooze, and bursts into flames! The ooze is not flammable, but the sewage it is covered in is and the ambient sewer gas in the air is mildly explosive. There is a flash of fire and the ooze begins to burn, and isn't smart enough to just duck under the sewer-water to put the fire out.

Matters successfully pulls her morningstar free of the ooze!

Taric strikes ooze #3 with an arrow! It, too, bursts into flame! It sags into the sewage, unconscious!

Dacianne attempts to make the wand function again, but fails! (Ooze #2 makes an attack of opportunity against her when she attempts this, but it completely misses.)

Shouhei, still grappling with ooze #4 (and still kind of stuck to unconscious ooze #3), uses Steel Wind on the two oozes he is stuck to! I'm not certain that works in a grapple, but as you're targeting the two you're grappling, I'll allow it. The unconscious ooze does not resist, and takes full damage; the other attempts to resist but fails, and takes full damage!

Ooze #2 swings a pseudopod at Dacianne, but it misses!

Ooze #4 tries to pummel Shouhei twice, the first time to no avail, but the second time it thumps him! Shouhei takes 8 damage and, according to my calculations, falls limp and unconscious!

Ooze #3, unconscious, burns!

Ooze #5 swings at Matters, but misses!

Ooze #1 swims north a square to Ria, swings at her, and misses!

#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~R#
#.1.#
#.~M#
#.5.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.2D#
#.*S#
#.~4#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

S = Shouhei (grappling with ooze #4)
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
1-5 = floating ooze (#4 grappling with Shouhei)

repairmanjack
2016-07-01, 02:38 PM
Dacianne

She frowns at the swinging oozes, ducking and weaving in place. This was not good.

But, then Shouhei is knocked down and she gasps! Frowning, she declares, "Noo... this not the plan. Stop that."

She lightly baps Shouhei on the temple to see if he rouses, but then suspecting he will not.. begins to drag him back to the others.

If she can, while dragging, she gives him a poke of the healing wand, least he die.

[roll0]

Bayar
2016-07-01, 04:01 PM
Matters

"That one is weakened. I'll take care of this one here." Taking a step towards the ooze, Matters once again swings the morningstar at the enemy, this time, number 5.

5 ft step south.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

VirusInk
2016-07-05, 10:21 PM
Ria Hellsong

Unable to use her usual tactics, Ria decides to stick to what's in her bag to be safe. "You guys are lucky I can't punch you." She mumbles to the oozes, slightly bitter about the situation.

If Ria is in melee range of an ooze, she will step back.
If she is a safe distance from the ooze, Ria will reach into her bag and grab another firestone as a move action. Then, she'll throw the firestone at ooze #1

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Fire)

Malimar
2016-07-06, 11:41 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Ria steps back, draws another firestone, and chucks it at ooze #1! It bursts in an explosion of flames, scorching the ooze!

Matters steps south, swings at ooze #5, and hits it! It makes a wet squelching noise! Shouhei is healed for 2! This time, she pulls the morningstar loose before it fully adheres, and her weapon is not stuck to the ooze!

Taric delays!

Dacianne grabs Shouhei and drags him north! Ooze #2 makes a swing at her, but misses! Shouhei is heavier than expected -- it turns out Dacianne is pulling the oozes stuck to Shouhei (#4 and unconscious #3) along with him! Then Dacianne tries to poke Shouhei with the wand, but sadly fails to make it work.

Shouhei bleeds 1 hp and does not stabilize!

Ooze #2 swims north after Dacianne! It swings and connects! Dacianne takes 4 damage and is now grappled!

Ooze #4 pulses rhythmically, and bludgeons Shouhei, who, unconscious, is unable to resist. Shouhei takes 6 and 5 damage, which, according to my calculations, kills him! :smallfrown:

Ooze #3, unconscious, burns a little!

Ooze #5 swings at Matters! Ooh, critical threat! Critical hit! Matters takes 10 damage, and is grappled!

Ooze #1 burns a little, then swims 5' north and swings at Ria again! But it misses!

#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~R#
#.1.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.5M#
#.~D#
#.2S#
#.*4#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

S = Shouhei's body (being digested by ooze #4)
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters (grappling with ooze #5)
D = Dacianne (grappling with ooze #2)
1-5 = ooze (#2 grappling with Dacianne, #5 grappling with Matters)

repairmanjack
2016-07-06, 12:08 PM
Dacianne

"Ugh, oomph.. OW!" Are her basic reactions to trying to drag Shouhei to safety, then getting slapped and grappled. It's gross and oozy and smells bad, and drips not nice things. "ewwww, get off, get off."

This was just foolish! She considers her options and decides to give the thing an old stab since her options are limited to.. that.

[roll0]

damage is needed [roll1]

Bayar
2016-07-07, 06:02 PM
Matters

"My structural integrity is being compromised. I've got a healing potion and repair oil on me. Defeat them or run away. FOR URMAGGR! " Matters slams the ooze grappling her.

Activate crusader strike just in case they are chaotic.

VirusInk
2016-07-08, 12:46 PM
Ria Hellsong

"Ugh. Just. Die!" Ria yells, frustrated.

Using a move action, Ria will move backwards 30 feet to avoid the ooze. Then, using a standard action she'll throw another firestone at ooze 1.

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Fire)

Snowbluff
2016-07-10, 05:42 PM
Taric

Taric moves up about 20 feat, and shoots at the fifth ooze with a flaming arrow, hoping to disable it so Matters can escape.

[roll0]
damage [roll1] and 1 fire damage
DC 15 reflex or ignite.

Malimar
2016-07-10, 09:37 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric moves up, then shoots an arrow that whistles through the air towards ooze #5 and... plunks into the sewer-water, igniting several inches of sewage, which proceeds to float downstream, burning merrily.

Ria moves back! Ooze #1 makes an attack of opportunity, but misses! Then Ria chucks another firestone at ooze 1, and it bursts and ignites and torches the ooze! Ooze #1 obligingly does roughly as Ria asks: it squelches and stops moving!

Matters attempts to grapple with the ooze so as to punch it, but is so inexpert at punching that she fumbles (recall that in this game a 0 or worse is an automatic fumble, which excludes anyone reasonably competent at fighting from ever fumbling unless they're stacking massive penalties)... but the card drawn is an effect to which she is immune. (She would be fatigued.) (Actually, where's that negative coming from? The ooze has very much attacked Matters with a natural attack, so neither flaw should apply, is there something else I'm not seeing applying a penalty?) (If it were a successful hit, Crusader's strike would apply because LN is at least one alignment component off from N.)

Dacianne, on the other hand, stabs her ooze for great justice damage! She slices the ooze's sticky outer membrane open and a bit of cytoplasm oozes out! Moreover, she manages not to get her dagger stuck in the ooze!

Ooze #2 pulses, bludgeoning Dacianne! It hits her, and Dacianne takes 4 damage! According to my calculations, this puts Dacianne at -2 and unconscious :smallfrown: I did a thing wrong; it actually missed her both times, and she remains conscious! My bad.

Ooze #4 can't understand anything more than the most basic stimuli, but "a large digestible mass is stuck to me" is simple enough for it to understand, so it drags Shouhei's corpse into the water and a ways south! The unconscious ooze #3, still stuck to Shouhei (and on fire), is dragged along, too.

Ooze #3 burns a bit!

Ooze #5 also convulses, attempting to bludgeon Matters, but, struggling, she manages to resist its bludgeonment!

Ooze #1 burns a bit!

#.~.#
#.~R#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.5M#
#.~D#
#.2.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
2, 4, 5 = ooze (#2 grappling with Dacianne, #4 stuck to Shouhei's body, #5 grappling with Matters)

EDIT: I forgot to roll for Matters's fortification when she got critted; the ooze failed to bypass her fortification, so Matters has 5 more HP than we thought she did!
NO WAIT Matters doesn't have Fortification, I was right the first time, she got critted and remains at 1 hp.

VirusInk
2016-07-11, 01:53 AM
Ria Hellsong

Attempting to salvage what's left of the team, Ria springs forward and readies her next firestone.

"Taric! Help Dacianne!"

Ria will run forward 30 ft towards Taric. Then she will throw another firestone at ooze 5.

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Fire)

repairmanjack
2016-07-11, 10:21 AM
Dacianne

Dacianne is not too pleased with this course of events. She's grappled, being oozed on, and she's fairly sure that Shouhei is dead.

She does hear someone shouting for backup for her. That's fairly kind. "I admit now, that I regret this decision. Lesson has been learned Mister Oooze, you can let me go now." She offered a smile "Please and thank you."

Then, she stabs at it so she can get away.

[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-07-11, 10:51 AM
Taric

Taric blatantly ignores Ria, shooting the ooze has Matters in its grasp with another fire arrow.

She ain't dead yet.

[roll0]
[roll1] and +1 fire damage.
DC 15 or set on fire.

Have you been adding that fire damage, or has it just not been working? [roll2]

Bayar
2016-07-11, 12:14 PM
Matters

"This feels really weird guys. It's worse than under the sea." Matters attempts to slam the ooze for good.

Natural Slam Attack: [roll0]

Malimar
2016-07-11, 01:51 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Smoke and the ungodly stench of burning sewage fills the area. The smoke is filtering out through the storm drains above you, and there are no combat effects, but it's nasty-smelling and potentially cough-inducing.

Taric shoots at the ooze that has Matters -- but misses! His whistling arrow strikes the walkway and explodes harmlessly!

Have you been adding that fire damage, or has it just not been working?
The one you hit with a fire arrow caught fire and has been taking fire damage. I don't think they take any damage if you miss. (For the record, I'm pretty sure it's not cumulative -- one is either on fire or not on fire; more arrows/firestones on one target won't make them more on fire if they're already on fire, aside from the initial damage.)

Ria returns closer to the fight and chucks a firestone! Fire engulfs ooze #5, and it (or, more accurately, the sewage coating it) catches fire!

Matters slams the ooze into the ground with great vigor, and it makes a squelchy noise! And Matters heals herself for 2!

Dacianne slices into her ooze again, dealing it 2 damage, but it does not expire! Again, she manages not to get her dagger stuck on the ooze's adhesive goo.

Ooze #2 attempts to thump Dacianne twice! It hits once, a critical threat that does not confirm, and Dacianne takes 6 damage! This time for real! She's unconscious!

Ooze #4 drags Shouhei's body and unconscious ooze #3 away further south.

Ooze #5 burns! It looks very close to collapse. It tries to thump Matters twice, but she gets her shield in between her and its pseudopods and it does not hit her!

Oozes #3 and #1 continue to burn crisply!

#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.5M#
#.~D#
#.2.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
2, 4, 5 = ooze (#2 grappling with Dacianne, #4 stuck to Shouhei's body, #5 grappling with Matters)

Bayar
2016-07-11, 02:13 PM
Matters

I assume Matters healed herself last round ? If so, this round heal Dacianne if dealing damage.

Natural Slam Attack: [roll0]

"This is progress, at least. Not sure who is winning. Dacianne looks worse for wear though." Matters tries to slam a limb into the ooze's pseudopods.

repairmanjack
2016-07-11, 03:52 PM
Dacianne

It smells terribly, and she gives a little cough. She is vaguely aware of some kind of fire around her, but is quite distracted. Another quick stab to the evil beastly ooze.

Then, she is whacked and sees lovely sparkles, before landing down and embracing unconsciousness. I'm going to miss the circus...

roll to stabilize 1d10

VirusInk
2016-07-15, 12:58 PM
Ria Hellsong

Ria continues to do the only thing she can, and throws another firestone, hoping this time the ooze meets it's end.

Ria will throw another firestone on ooze 5.

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Fire)

Snowbluff
2016-07-15, 06:59 PM
Taric Hari

Taric attacks the ooze that is holding onto Shouhei!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage
DC15 Ref or fire.

Malimar
2016-07-16, 10:47 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric fires another fire arrow, this one at ooze #4, a hundred feet away (so still within the first range increment, but not for long), but his arrow plunks into the sewage and ignites a patch of grossness near the ooze.

Ria chucks another firestone at the ooze grappling Matters, it explodes in a flash of fire, and the ooze stops moving! (It isn't dead, so it's still stuck to Matters, but it is unconscious, so Matters can move about and target other oozes without fear of being bludgeoned by the thing stuck to her.)

Matters... does punch the ooze still stuck to her, trying to get it down closer to dead so she can eventually peel it off? It doesn't die, but it squelches crisply. Dacianne heals for 2!

This healing stabilizes Dacianne, so she does not bleed a hp!

Ooze #2 bludgeons at Dacianne twice! It hits her once! Dacianne takes 4 damage! She is getting close to death (recall that death in this game comes at negative Constitution, not -10, but that only gives Dacianne a small extra buffer). This punch makes her no longer stable and start bleeding internally again.

Ooze #4 swims further away! It would become difficult to see, except ooze #3, being dragged along, is burning merrily, illuminating it.

Ooze #5, #3, and #1 burn!

#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*M#
#.~D#
#.2.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
2, 4 = ooze (#2 grappling with Dacianne, #4 stuck to Shouhei's body, #5 stuck to Matters)

repairmanjack
2016-07-16, 01:05 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne is healed, then slapped, then bleeding again. She makes squeaking sounds and continues to try to live, by stabilizing and depending upon the generosity of the rest of the party.

[roll0]

Bayar
2016-07-17, 08:57 AM
Matters

"I'm ok ! Take care of the other one. You bastard, let go !" Matters hefts her morningstar and bashes at the sticky ooze.

Morningstar Attack: [roll0]

If it's a hit, Dacianne heals 2 hp.

Snowbluff
2016-07-18, 11:42 PM
Taric

Taric moves south 20 feet and fires at the 4th ooze with a standard arrow

[roll0]
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-07-22, 09:43 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric advances 20 feet, shoots at the retreating fourth ooze, and punctures it! It leaks cytoplasm into the sewage, but does not collapse!

Ria chucks another firestone, this time at ooze #2, hitting its square and igniting it!

Matters moves up and strikes ooze #2, hitting it! Dacianne is healed for 2, and stabilizes! But this time Matters's morningstar gets stuck to the ooze and will require a Strength check as a standard action to free.

Dacianne is stable for now!

Ooze #2 pummels at Dacianne! But it manages to miss with both its pseudopods!

Ooze #4 swims further away, dragging Shouhei and burning ooze #3 with it!

Oozes #5, #3 and #1 burn! Ooze #3 finally dies (but continues to smoulder, illuminating Taric's target), but remains stuck to Shouhei's body.

#.~.#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.*D#
#.2M#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
2, 4 = ooze (#2 grappling with Dacianne, #4 stuck to Shouhei's body, #5 stuck to Matters)

repairmanjack
2016-07-22, 09:50 AM
Dacianne

She makes little noises of annoyance and pain as she lays there. But, she's stabilized! So, she survives for now, thankfully!

Snowbluff
2016-07-22, 11:23 AM
Taric

Taric shoots the second ooze with a flaming arrow, and moves south 5 feet.

attack [roll0]
damage[roll1] and 1 fire damage
DC 15 ref or be on fire

Bayar
2016-07-22, 11:36 AM
Matters

"You want it this badly? Keep it then! " Letting go of her morningstar and loosing her shield until it can be discarded on the floor, Matters cracks her knuckles."I'll just have to pummel you into submission."

Free action to drop the morningstar.

Move action to loose the shield.

Free action to drop the shield.

Standard action to slam attack the ooze.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Heal Dacianne if hit.

Malimar
2016-07-22, 11:47 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric shoots at the ooze trying to eat Dacianne, but misses, and his arrow plunks into the water and ignites a patch of sewage there! Then he shifts south!

Ria chucks another firestone, but this one misses, bursting in a gout of flames to the west of the ooze!

Matters drops her morningstar and her shield, winds up, and punches at the ooze! She hits nothing but air!

Dacianne remains stable!

Ooze #2 burns a bit! Then, flailing away with its pseudopod, misses once, then hits Dacianne! Dacianne takes 5 damage and is bleeding again, no longer stable!

Ooze #4 swims away south!

Oozes #5 and #1 also burn!

#.~.#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.*D#
#.2M#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters

Bayar
2016-07-22, 02:04 PM
Matters

Drawing a greataxe, Matters swings that at the ooze.

[roll0]
[roll1]

repairmanjack
2016-07-23, 03:48 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne makes soft noises of discomfort as she is hit again and starts bleeding once more.

[roll0]

Malimar
2016-07-29, 01:02 PM
Endeesy Sewers

Taric delays!

Ria chucks a fire stone! But again she misses the square she's aiming for, and a gout of flame erupts to the southwest of the ooze.

Matters swings her greataxe, but only scrapes a little adhesive off the ooze's membrane, doing no damage.

Dacianne stabilizes!

Ooze #2 burns! It slumps into the sewage, still stuck to Dacianne but unconscious.

Ooze #4 swims further away, dragging Shouhei's body and a gently smouldering ooze corpse! It is barely visible in the distance now.

Ooze #5 and #1 continue to burn! They both die, but #5's gelatinous corpse remains stuck to Matters for a time!

All the oozes threatening the party are defeated! Do you pursue the ooze dragging Shouhei's corpse away, or do you let it go and declare victory?

#.~.#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.*D#
#.*M#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.4.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
4 = ooze (#2 stuck to Dacianne, #4 stuck to Shouhei's body, #5 stuck to Matters)

Bayar
2016-07-31, 12:37 PM
Matters

"We...won ? We won ! There are two that are retreating, but this Magg-Damned ooze is still clinging to me, even in death. If you want to chase after them, I'll assist Dacianne and come help as soon as possible."

Hefting the Greataxe, Matters will begin pummeling the ooze holding onto Dacianne, until it either expires or the weapon gets stuck. Then she will draw the guisarme and repeat. If that also gets stuck, she will begin slamming into the ooze. Each and every hit will heal Dacianne until either the ooze dies or she regains conciousness, then begin healing herself.

Snowbluff
2016-07-31, 01:04 PM
Taric

"We have to clear all of the oozes, don't we?'" Taric moves south 30 feet, firing another fire arrow at the final ooze.

[roll0]
[roll1] and 1 fire
DC 15 ref or be one fire.

repairmanjack
2016-08-01, 10:49 AM
Dacianne

She stabilizes and rests... well, unconsciously dreams of the circus. Mostly of ropes, knots, and face makeup, with a sprinkling of glitter

Malimar
2016-08-03, 11:43 AM
Endeesy Sewers

Round x

Taric pursues the ooze fleeing with Shouhei's body, shoots, and misses, setting fire to some sewage!

Matters strikes the ooze stuck to her, healing herself for 2! But her axe gets stuck to the ooze!

The ooze continues to flee!

Round x+1

Taric pursues the ooze, fires another flaming arrow, and this time hits the fleeing ooze! The ooze... actually, it's more injured than I thought, so it immediately collapses in a heap of burning goo!

Matters strikes the ooze stuck to her, healing herself for 2, and it dies! She doesn't get her glaive stuck to the ooze.

Round x+2 and so on

The final ooze, a ways to the south, gradually burns to death.

Five rounds after their deaths, the oozes' adhesive loses its stickiness and releases whatever's stuck to them. The party can retrieve their stuff and loot the oozes!

Everyone (including Shouhei) gains 600 XP!

Stuck to the oozes, the party finds: Shouhei's masterwork katana, gnome twist cloth, and 482.6gp; an additional 521gp worth of gold, platinum, and silver; and several gems (a clear fluorite, a purple iolite, a milky quartz, and a star emerald) of unknown value (item #165)!

Dacianne remains unconscious but stable.

#.~.#
#.~R#
#.*.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*D#
#.*M#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~T#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.~.#
#.*.#
#.S.#
#.*.#
#.~.#

# = curved wall
. = walkway
~ = flowing sewage
< = ladder up to manhole
* = defeated foe

S = Shouhei's body
T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne

Snowbluff
2016-08-03, 11:57 AM
Taric Drags bag Shouhei's body and the loot.

He casts cure minor wounds on Dacianne, hoping it will help.

Bayar
2016-08-03, 01:09 PM
Matters

Retrieving an empty flask from her backpack, Matters collects some slime from one of the oozes. "This should be proof enough of our deed." Stowing it back into her backpack, she then proceeds to gather her weapons from the ooze.

"Only got hit once this fight, but it nearly knocked the air out of me. Not that I need air to breathe or anything, but you know."

If Dacianne doesn't wake up, Matters will carry her out.

repairmanjack
2016-08-04, 09:50 AM
Dacianne

She doesn't weigh much, so is fairly easy to pick up. Now that she is not being beaten by an ooze, she sleeps without any snoring. Mostly little meeps.

Malimar
2016-08-07, 08:48 PM
Endeesy

Taric cures Dacianne for one hit point! Her injuries are very slightly less terrible, but she does not yet regain consciousness. (Luckily these oozes mostly didn't break skin, else infection -- filth fever -- in the filthy environs would be likely.)

Between the three of them, they haul Dacianne and Shouhei's body back to the ladder, manage to haul them up the ladder, and then...

To the nearby Royal Palace, to seek out Sir Nelson and his five platinum coins for the five slain oozes? To a bath? To an inn? To try to find a temple to the Ancestor Spirits to hand Shouhei's body over to for the proper funerary rites? To the Adventurer's Guild? Somewhere else entirely?

Snowbluff
2016-08-07, 11:25 PM
Taric

"We need to sell all of this old treasure, and divide up each person's share," Taric says.

Bayar
2016-08-08, 05:30 AM
Matters

"I'll claim Shouhei's weapon. It is a fine blade and it will bring him glory by being used in battle. As for his vestments, there might be an engineer shopkeeper around here interested in it. Somewhere near a temple to Urmaggr we might find one, where we can also tend to Dacianne."

repairmanjack
2016-08-08, 11:58 AM
Dacianne

Dacianne continues to sleep. Probably starts to bruise, too. Those mean Oozes were smacking her quite a bit.

VirusInk
2016-08-11, 09:13 PM
Ria Hellsong

Ria shakes out her arms a little and takes a deep breath in and out. "We should also find the proper place for lay Shouhei to rest- a family temple or something." She says, not thinking of a share of treasure at the moment. "Out of respect."

"After that I'd say back to the adventurer's guild. Since we are short a person."

Malimar
2016-08-12, 12:06 PM
Endeesy

It occurs to me that Dacianne does have a wand of cure light wounds, which I think Taric could use without problems, saving a bit on donations to a temple for them to cast the same spell on her. Does he do this thing?

(To be clear: Shouhei's masterwork katana is mechanically identical to a masterwork bastard sword.)

The party heads out to find shops to sell loot, and temples!

The first relevant place they come across is a jewelry shop, owned by an old dark-skinned Omorashi man who appraises the goo-encrusted gems (item #165) and recognizes their worth once cleaned up. The clear fluorite is worth 10.5 gp, the purple iolite 54.3 gp, the milky quartz 7.4 gp, and the star emerald 457.4 gp. Unless anybody lays claim to any of these gems, the jeweler buys all four gems for these fair prices.

The party finds a pawn shop willing to buy Shouhei's twist cloth for 75gp.

There is a small shrine to Urmaggr in the northern Crown District and a shrine to the Ancestor Spirits a bit south of that.

The shrine to the Ancestor Spirits solemnly takes Shouhei's body, promising to perform the proper funerary rites for him.

The priest at the shrine to Urmaggr can use [i]repair light damage[i] on Matters (he is a cleric with the Warforged domain and has it prepared in his domain slot), and can use it on her once for the customary donation of 30gp (as he is third level; it will therefore heal her 1d8+3).

And, to make the tally easier, the party also visits the Royal Palace, where they ask the guards at the front gate for Sir Nelson. One guard goes in to fetch Sir Nelson, who presently shows up at the gate. Sir Nelson turns out to be a mongrelfolk in heavy plate with a battleaxe slung over his back, one green eye and one brown eye, and gray hair. He wrinkles his nose as he inspects Matters's vials of ooze slime, and takes their word for it that they defeated five such oozes, so he gives the party five platinum coins.

According to my calculations, between Shouhei's cash, the cash from the oozes, the cash from the gems, the reward from Sir Nelson, and so on, the total profit the party currently has to split up is 1658.2gp, which, split evenly between the four remaining party members, works out to 414.55gp for each of you. Unless you take the value of Shouhei's katana (167.5gp) out of Matters's share, in which case... ugh, math is hard... I think roughly 456.42 for each of you, except Matters, who gets 288.92 and the katana. Decide amongst yourselves which way you're dividing it.

That's most of the business taken care of! The party remains filthy with sewage and ooze-slime. To the Adventurer's Guild to recruit a new fifth member?

Bayar
2016-08-12, 04:37 PM
Matters

Paying the priest for the casting, Matters tries to converse a bit.

"We were down in the sewers and the enemy proved to be deceptively strong. One of ours lost his life and I can't shake the feeling that we could have prevented it. It could be possible in repenting towards him by using his blade in battle, right? Would Urmaggr agree?

If I come later with some tools, would it be possibpe to have them blessed? Feels like we would need them in our journeys."

Afterwards, Matters will meet up with the party at the Adventurer's guild.

Second option for loot splitting is acceptable.

Snowbluff
2016-08-13, 10:06 PM
Taric

"It's just and right to wield a fallen comrade's weapon in battle," Taric says, agreeing with matters. "Grieve in your way. Of course, fortune plagued me in my attempts to aid him," he finishes bitterly,
cursing RNGsus.

Second option is fine.

repairmanjack
2016-08-14, 08:54 PM
Dacianne

She continues to sleep.. as she has not been confirmed to be awake...

Malimar
2016-08-17, 12:22 PM
Endeesy

And so the party splits the loot, 456.42 for each, except Matters, who gets 288.92 and the katana.

Somebody -- Taric, a priest, somebody -- uses Dacianne's wand three times. The first two uses get her up to -2, the third use is 8 and brings her up to 6. So three charges of Dacianne's wand are used and Dacianne is fully healed.

Matters spends 30 gold on a casting of repair light damage, which heals her for 4 (a poor roll), leaving her at (according to my calculations) 9hp full health.

The priest of Urmaggr nods and agrees with Matters, "Urmaggr smiles upon using your companion's blade in battle. It is practical, and when you use it you will remember his sacrifice, and perhaps your failure, and you will be resolved to do better."

"Oh, yes, we will bless your tools. Of course, the best way to bless tools is to use them for their proper purpose." Urmaggr is a practical god.

At the Adventurer's Guild, the party seeks a new member! Pickings are slim -- several rough-looking mongrelfolk, and a somewhat haughty-looking elf.

Cerise dei Liberi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=870423) sees four slightly mung-encrusted adventurers gathering in the bar room of the Guildhall.

repairmanjack
2016-08-17, 12:26 PM
Dacianne

She finally wakes up with a little yawn, and then immediately groans. Patting herself down, she realizes she has been beaten up pretty good, but is mostly fine again.

She accepts her healing wand back, and nods to everyone, then reorients herself as to her surroundings.

"Thank you all for taking care of me."

Back at the Adventurer's Guild, she frowns and shakes her head. "Umm, I'm not picking the adventure this time.. someone else do it."

LoyalPaladin
2016-08-17, 02:54 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Shaking her head in disappointment at the group before her, Cerise mutters in Elven. "Âmes malheureuses, ont besoin d'aide..." She strides across the room, boots clicking eloquently on the floor. "Hello," She says, with a thick Sylvanesti (French) accent. "You do not look as though you've had a good day, and your party seems to me... too small. Might I assist?" Her eyes and tone seem condescending, but anyone familiar with this breed of elf would know that is just how they are. She stands with incredibly straight posture, one hand on her hip, the other laying slack under her duelist's cape, as if she were sculpted that way.

"Unfortunate souls, in need of help..."
I'm using Hungarian in another game for Lizardfolk, so I'll use French in this game for Sylvanesti Elven. I don't trust Google translate to accurately translate a language there and back again, though. So I'll do an "Elven" spoiler when I use it.

Bayar
2016-08-17, 04:45 PM
Matters

Matters thanks the priest for the repairs and the counceling. Resolved with getting some tools later that day, she joined the party at The Adventurer's Guild.

"Hello ! Yes, we could use some help. The sewers below were not kind to us. Hey barkeep ! Drink a glass of something you fancy for me in honor of our fallen comrade !"

repairmanjack
2016-08-19, 07:59 AM
Dacianne

She hears boots and looks about to see what was bringing them closer. An elf! She's impressed and smiles as happily as she can. "Of course! Feel free to join us. We could use some direction, and assistance."

As Matters calls for a drink for their fallen Shouhei, she gets one as well and takes a mournful sip of it. She felt rather bad about that. He seemed so nice, and fell so soon.

LoyalPaladin
2016-08-19, 10:02 AM
Cerise dei Liberi

"I am sorry to hear of your loss." The elf shakes her head. "If my skills suit you, I am happy to assist. My name, is Cerise dei Liberi and I'm an aspiring duelist from a line of many great duelists." She bows, gracefully and then looks at the barkeep with a cool and icy gaze. "Barkeep, I wish to purchase a drink for each member of this party."

"Donc, beaucoup de choix..." After she pays the barkeep, she'll look over the quest board. "Perhaps we try "Clear Out Ma Raixey's Cellar" or "Cleaning the Mines"? They seem simple enough. I'll need to purchase a short bow." She instinctively taps her blade.

"So many choices..."

Snowbluff
2016-08-19, 10:34 AM
Taric

Taric shrugs. Now that people aren't getting themselves killed, he seems to be back to his usual relaxed state.

Bayar
2016-08-21, 01:12 AM
Matters

"Clearing out the cellars sounds like an easy enough job."

repairmanjack
2016-08-22, 09:16 AM
Dacianne

As Cerise introduces herself, Dacianne replies, "Dacianne, I work at the circus."

Since Cerise is buying a drink, she accepts hers and thanks the elf for it.

Thinking on it, she agrees, "Perhaps the cellar would be easiest?"

Malimar
2016-08-24, 02:49 PM

The bartender distributes beverages on Cerises's dime, and pours a glass of fancy wine for himself, in honor of Shouhei, just as Matters suggests.

With agreement from approximately three members of the party, the party at least goes to scope out Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium. It's right across the street, if they decide not to venture into her cellar, very little is lost.

There's also a miscellaneous adventurer supply store across the street, where Cerise can pick up a shortbow if she desires.

Across the street: A small building, lined floor to ceiling with shelf upon shelf of an astounding miscellany of oils, balms, potions, tonics, elixirs, juices, salves, and draughts.

Behind the counter is Ma Raixey herself, a dark-skinned woman of indeterminate ancestry -- human? mongrelfolk? half-elf? It's a little hard to tell; she's very, but not quite entirely, humany. She smiles as the party enters, "Good morning, dearies! What can I do for you today?"

LoyalPaladin
2016-08-24, 03:47 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise will indeed pick up a shortbow and some arrows before heading to Ma Raixey's. Boots distinctively clicking across the floor. "Hello, ma'am. We are here to assess your... problem."

repairmanjack
2016-08-25, 11:57 AM
Dacianne

She didn't expect it to be just across the street, but even better. A quick task, and centrally located in case things go poorly. Feeling almost completely like herself once more, she smiles happily to the shop owner.

"Yes, here to help and do what we can. Anything you can tell us beyond the bounty would be most helpful."

Bayar
2016-08-26, 03:35 AM
Matters

"It's probably not a huge problem, we've got enough weapons to deal with some scorpions. Where are they? " asks Matters, twirling her glaive.

Malimar
2016-08-27, 01:10 PM

Ma Raixey beams when the party offers to help! "Aha! Bless your bonnets! Well, there's a bunch of them, should be twelve altogether, unless they've been breeding; I ordered twelve scorpion eggs from Romus, you see, wonderful reagent in a variety of oils and ointments. Only I lost track of the crate of eggs at the back of my cellar and plum forgot about them until they went and hatched, and then they must have gotten into the growth potions. There's one great big one, too big even to get up the cellar stairs, and the smaller ones all seem to want to stick close to the big one. I say 'smaller', but most of them are as big as you are."

As Matters twirls her glaive, "Do be careful with that big ol' stick in here, dearie, if you smash any bottles or flasks I'll have to charge you for them, and we wouldn't want that!"

Ma Raixey selects four dark green flasks from her collection and leads the party to the cellar door at the back of her shop, which she has barred with a plank of wood. "If you want to head down and try to take care of it, take these antitoxins first." She knows enough about poisons to recognize that Matters wouldn't benefit from the antitoxin. "And do try your best not to smash up anything that's not a scorpion, I have a lot of supplies down there."

Bayar
2016-08-28, 01:22 PM
Matters

Matters abruptly stops twirling the glaive, almost dropping it. "Right, sorry about that. Twelve doesn't sound like too many, a nice round number. We'll be back soon, ma'am !". Going to the barred door, she'll try removing the plank and proceed into the basement.

repairmanjack
2016-08-28, 03:48 PM
Dacianne

Her eyebrow flit upwards when the 'smaller' one is about as big as a normal person. She whispered a curse and then smiles. "Well, if everyone is agreeable with doing this. Then, so be it."

She accepts the antitoxin and GULPS it down. They were heading down into a cellar with twelve beasts, hopefully it didn't take longer than an hour. Also, hopefully it went well.

So, she follows them down.. a healing wand in one hand and dagger in the other.

Malimar
2016-08-28, 07:12 PM

Everyone downs their antitoxins (unless somebody wants to keep it to sell and risk the scorpions' venom or something) and gains a +5 alchemical bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison for 1 hour. Except Matters, who's just immune to poison.

Ma Raixey gives the party a brief description of what they should expect in terms of layout (so I can draw the whole map and not just the bits you can see), and then Matters removes the bar and the party heads down the stairs into the cellar! Ma Raixey closes the door behind the party, but does not bar it, because that would be rude.

Descending the stairs, the party can see (in whatever light they bring along -- the cellar is not lit) that the cellar is densely packed with shelves and barrels of reagents and ingredients. Several jars and crates are smashed, and something has chewed a hole in one of the barrels, allowing a slightly sticky green liquid to ooze out all over the floor.

From deeper within the cellar to the south, the party can hear large hissing and skittering. It doesn't take long before several big, chitinous, clawed creatures, stingers arching over their backs, notice the party. Six scorpions, ranging from the size of a smallish dog to a bit bigger than an average human, see the party! They snap their pincers menacingly!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SFCEtXlBaTg/T_-8L9J2hfI/AAAAAAAAMyY/jWU9rByldrU/s1600/Scorpion4.jpg

As always, post in any order, but you will act in the following order: Taric
a scorpion
Cerise
two scorpions
Ria
Dacianne
three scorpions
Matters

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#...DT#╫...╫#
#..#C=#╫.#.╫#
#O.MR=#╫...╫#
#O...=#╫...╫#
##.s#####..##
#O.SsOOO...O#
#.s........O#
#S.#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#.s.........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
= = stairs up (south is up)
O = large barrel
╫ = shelves full of ingredients

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise
s = Small scorpion
S = Medium scorpion

LoyalPaladin
2016-08-29, 12:52 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

After drinking the potion eloquently and returning the vial to Ma Raixey, she follows matters. Getting a good look at what's below, she adds. "This is dangerous... no? Maybe a tactical advantage should be created?" She sizes up the room. "We could tip a table at the base of the stairs and fell a few with arrows?" Her expression is stark and her words mostly devoid of emotional pretext. "They outnumber us, so evening the odds would not be terrible?"

repairmanjack
2016-08-29, 08:10 PM
Dacianne

"I agree. We should try providing a defensible position. I am only useful if I can surround them on one side." She sees the scorpions coming closer and will try to knock over one of the larger barrels to keep the scorpions at bay for those that can shoots arrows.

Bayar
2016-08-30, 02:42 PM
Matters

"Didn't Ma ask us not to smash her basement up ? Wouldn't it be counterproductive to smash things in the end ?" Pointing her glaive at the scorpions, Matters bellows: "I CHALLENGE YOU !" and waits for them to come attack her.

Attack any scorpion that attacks Matters, taking a 5 ft step back if necessary or dropping the glaive and drawing the katana, whichever would be convenient.

AC 14
+2 to DEX for all allies that can hear Matters within 60 ft.
Martial Spirit Stance

Malimar
2016-09-07, 01:03 PM

Taric delays!

A Medium scorpion skitters up to Matters, and attempts to claw her, but misses!

Cerise discusses the tactical situation, and delays!

Two Small scorpions attack!

One 5' steps up to Ria and attacks her! It hits her with a claw, misses with its other claw, and misses with its stinger! Ria takes 1 damage!

The other skitters up to Matters and attacks her! It barely hits with one claw, hits a bit more solidly with the other, and fumbles with its stinger! Matters takes 2 damage, then 2 more damage, and the scorpion, in its haste... stings itself in the head. (The attack hits itself and is a critical threat, but not a critical hit.) Luckily, it is immune to its own poison, but it still stabs itself for 2 damage.

Ria delays!

Dacianne moves up and tries to knock over a barrel! She puts her shoulder into the barrel, but it proves fuller (and therefore heavier) than expected, and she only barely budges it.

A Medium scorpion and two Small scorpions go!

The Medium scorpion moves up adjacent to Matters (who can't take an attack of opportunity as she has not yet acted), and attempts to claw her! But it completely misses!

One of the Small scorpions skitters past Dacianne, who attacks one with an attack of opportunity, but misses! The scorpion retaliates, attempting to claw her, and hits her! Dacianne takes 2 damage!

The other Small scorpion moves up into the fray, past all the combatants, and then attacks Dacianne as well! But Dacianne dances away from this attack!

Matters finds herself hemmed in on all sides, and thus cannot 5' step, so instead she drops the glaive and draws the katana (wielding it two-handed, as she doesn't have time to draw both it and her shield)! She attacks the first scorpion that attacked her (one of the Medium ones)! It's a critical threat! But sadly she does not confirm, it is only a good hit. It still takes the scorpion out, and it flips over and twitches. Matters heals herself for 2! (Unless she wants to heal Dacianne or Ria; Matters has been hit for 4, Dacianne for 2, and Ria for 1.)

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.s..T#╫...╫#
#Ds#C=#╫.#.╫#
#OSMR=#╫...╫#
#Os*s=#╫...╫#
##..#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters (standing over her glaive)
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise
s = Small scorpion
S = Medium scorpion

Bayar
2016-09-07, 01:22 PM
Matters

"Really good sword. Come, comrades ! Our victory is at hand !" She draws her shield, dons it over her left hand and menaces the scorpions.

Move action to draw the shield, move action to don it. Gonna heal myself from last turn and this turn unless one of my comrades falls unconcious.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-07, 01:37 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Bien sûr." Cerise shrugs.

Cerise steps between Taric and the small scorpion near him. Declaring that scorpion as her dodge target, she'll make her single attack.

MWK Elven Thinblade
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Tell me if I am reading the map wrong, this one is a little crowded and I'm having trouble fully understanding it. I'll nudge Virus.

Snowbluff
2016-09-07, 04:00 PM
Taric

Taric fires a flaming arrow at the nearest scorpion

attack [roll0] +1 if within 30 feet
dmg [roll1] +1 if within 30 feet, +1 fire
DC reflex 15 or ignite.

repairmanjack
2016-09-07, 07:39 PM
Dacianne

She shoves over the barrel, then looks at Matters. "Oh, you're right. I.. was just.. trying to protect us."

She will move to flank a scorpion with matters, by moving north with a five foot step.

[roll0] + [roll1]+1

VirusInk
2016-09-10, 11:05 PM
Ria
"A'ight, let's get these taken care of." Ria sighs happily while she cracks her knuckles.

Ria will use the Burning Blade maneuver on the scorpion adjacent to her.
Attack One (Unarmed Strike / Burning Blade)
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Bludgeoning)
[roll2] (Fire)

Critical Confirm (-/x2)
Attack
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4] (Bludgeoning)

Malimar
2016-09-11, 12:20 PM

Taric shoots at the nearest scorpion (#4), and misses! His arrow sails through the air and hits... a wall, where it bursts into flames, and does not ignite anything important!

Cerise steps back, stabs the northernmost scorpion (#4) vigorously right in its thorax, and it does not die, but skrees and turns to face her!

Ria descends like a meteor on the scorpion next to her (#1) -- but it skitters out of the way, and she just puts a smoking dent in the stone floor!

Two small scorpions attack!

One (#2) attacks Matters, hitting her with both claws (one only barely, with a 14, she doesn't have her shield up yet, so that matches her AC, and is a hit, according to my calaculations) and completely missing with its stinger! Matters takes 1 and 2 damage!

The other (#1) attacks Ria, but misses thrice!

Dacianne steps north, flanks a scorpion (#3) with Matters, and... completely misses, her dagger whiffing through the air shy of the scorpion!

The medium scorpion and the remaining two small scorpions act!

The medium scorpion attacks the nearest target: Matters! It scrapes on her armor with both claws, and completely misses with its stinger!

A small scorpion (#3) counterattacks Dacianne, clawclawsting: total miss, then gets momentarily stuck in her chain shirt, then Dacianne ducks out of the way!

The other small scorpion (#4) attacks Cerise, who is dodging it! A critical hit, a complete miss, and she easily dodges the stinger! Cerise takes 2 damage as the creature viciously claws her leg!

Matters draws and readies her shield!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#D4C.T#╫...╫#
#.3#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OSMR=#╫...╫#
#O2*1=#╫...╫#
##..#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise
1-4 = Small scorpion
S = Medium scorpion

Snowbluff
2016-09-11, 01:12 PM
Tari haric

Shot shot shot

It doesn't matter if I even remember my modifiers.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Bayar
2016-09-11, 01:19 PM
Matters

"Aha ! An opening ! Taste my blade, insect." Matters takes a swipe at a scorpion that attacked her (if the one flanked by Dacianne qualifies, that one, otherwise the biggest one that attacked her).

Attack: [roll0] +flanking if it qualifies
Damage: [roll1] using the sword one-handed

Possible crit:
Attack: [roll2] +flanking if it qualifies
Damage: [roll3] using the sword one-handed

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-11, 08:42 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

As the scorpion slashes at her leg, Cerise's eyes light up with a killer fire. "Mourir!"1

"Die!"1
Cerise will continue her onslaught against Scorpion #4!
Dodge Target: Scorpion #4
Movement: None

Attack One (MWK Elven Thinblade)
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Critical Confirm (18-20/x2)
Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

repairmanjack
2016-09-12, 05:34 PM
Dacianne

She was able to avoid being stung! How lovely.

"This is going moderately better! How lovely."

She will attempt to keep flanked with Cerise and again stab the beast. She even waves to Cerise, to acknowledge her new buddy.

[roll0][roll1]+1 for craven

VirusInk
2016-09-13, 08:52 PM
Your next move:

Ria

Ria will use the Clinging Shadow Strike maneuver on scorpion #1. If it hits, the Scorpion must make a Fortitude Save DC 15 or suffer 20% miss chance for 1 round.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (Bludgeoning)
[roll2] (Untyped?)

Critical Confirm (-/x2)
Attack
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4] (Bludgeoning)

Malimar
2016-09-14, 10:29 AM

Taric shoots at a scorpion, and hits only the stone floor!

Cerise stabs at her target scorpion, but it skitters out of the way!

Ria comes down on the scorpion with shadows engulfing her fists, and punches clear through the scorpion's chitinous exoskeleton into its soft interior! The scorpion collapses in a heap of joint-footed legs! But hey, it made its save so it doesn't have to deal with shadows in its compound eyes!

Small scorpion #2 attacks Matters! Completely misses with one claw, hits with the other, Matters ducks out of the way of the stinger! Matters takes 2 damage!

Dacianne stabs at scorpion #4, flanking it with Cerise! Cerise's thinblade gives Dacianne the opening she needs, and she strikes the arachnid in the head! The scorpion collapses!

The medium scorpion instinctively continues to attack the nearest target: Matters! She avoids one claw, is struck by the other, and is barely missed by the stinger! Matters takes 1 damage!

Small scorpion #3 targets Dacianne! It just barely misses her with one claw, completely misses with another, and barely misses with its stinger!

Matters takes a swing at small scorpion #3, flanking it with Dacianne! But the swing is not accurate enough for Shouhei's katana to penetrate the creature's chitinous exoskeleton. Then she steps away!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#D*C.T#╫...╫#
#.3#M=#╫.#.╫#
#OS.R=#╫...╫#
#O2**=#╫...╫#
##..#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise
2, 3 = Small scorpion
S = Medium scorpion

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-14, 11:18 AM
Cerise dei Liberi

"La victoire!"1 Cerise celebrates, before smiling pleasantly back at Dacianne. "Do not strike a killing blow!" She barks out, accent thick. "We can kill two tressym with one stone." She smiles.

Because I'm mega paranoid...
Attention: Party C
After this battle, I vote we take all the remaining living scorpions to the arena. Which means we should leave them alive, but unconscious. Does RepairmanJack check this OoC? I haven't seen a post from them. (Creatures For The Arena Mission (http://highseas.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties))

"Victory!"1

Dodge Target: Scorpion #3
Movement: 5ft step (west)

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

repairmanjack
2016-09-14, 02:06 PM
Dacianne

She gives a cheer as well when the scorpion goes down and then a brief little dance, happy that she worked well with Cerise.

That cheer turns into dancing and dodging as the next scorpion comes about.

Now, flanking with Matters, she goes for a quick stab. "Don't kill them? Okay, I'll try not to. What's the plan?"

:ooc - I check the OOC sometimes. Honestly, I forget.

battle time! 1d20 then damage 1d6+1

Bayar
2016-09-15, 03:00 PM
Matters

"Ow OW ! Stop poking me !" Matters will attack any scorpion that comes adjacent to her. If none are present, she'll be ready to attack if they decide to come later.

Snowbluff
2016-09-15, 03:02 PM
Taric

Shoots

D: D: D:

[roll0]
[roll1]
+1/+1 if within 30 feet

Malimar
2016-09-15, 07:40 PM

Taric shoots, and between being within 30' and the extra +1 from Matters's dexterity-boosting aura, actually hits Small scorpion #2 (which is the only one he has a reasonably clear shot at, with the pillar in the way)! The creature collapses, not quite dead but unconscious!

Cerise steps over the body of a defeated scorpion, stabs at the heart of the next, but the creature scuttles out of the way!

Ria spends a full-round action to briefly meditate, recovering her Clinging Shadow Strike maneuver!

Dacianne's dagger fails to penetrate the scorpion's chitinous exoskeleton!

The Medium scorpion 5'-scuttles up to Ria, then misses with both claws and its stinger!

Small scorpion #3 claws at Dacianne, claws at Cerise, then stings at Dacianne! It completely misses Dacianne with its first claw, Cerise dodges its other claw, and it fumbles with its stinger! It manages, through spectacularly poor luck and lack of skill, to sting through Dacianne's hand and into its own head! (Jam A Finger: Your target takes normal damage, you take double damage.) Dacianne takes 2 damage, and is poisoned (even with the effects of the antitoxin) -- Dacianne immediately feels sickly as she takes 2 constitution damage! The scorpion, meanwhile, takes 3 damage, but is still standing.

Matters targets the nearest scorpion -- the Medium one! It is a critical hit! (Muscle wound: Double damage and [roll0] Strength damage.) Matters severs several of the scorpion's legs, and it collapses and twitches. With this strike, Matters heals herself for 2!

There is only one scorpion left in this group!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#DC..T#╫...╫#
#.s#M=#╫.#.╫#
#O./R=#╫...╫#
#O***=#╫...╫#
##..#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
/ = Matter's glaive under a defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise (standing over a defeated scorpion)
s = Small scorpion

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-15, 08:27 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Quick! Stabilize the other scorpions!" Cerise shouts with authority.

Cerise attacks Scorpion #3, hopefully not killing it.

Dodge Target: Scorpion #3

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

Malimar
2016-09-15, 08:58 PM

Cerise critically hits the remaining scorpion! (Shoulder wound: Double damage and [roll0] Str and [roll1] Dex damage.) It does not die, but it does collapse, twitching!

All the scorpions are unconscious; none are quite dead, but all are slowly bleeding out.

Matters retrieves her glaive.

Everybody gains 240 XP!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#DC..T#╫...╫#
#.*#M=#╫.#.╫#
#O.*R=#╫...╫#
#O***=#╫...╫#
##..#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise (standing over a defeated scorpion)
s = Small scorpion

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-15, 09:11 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Good work, friends."

Cerise will attempt to make untrained heal checks on all the scorpions to stabilize them. Then immediately attempt to bind them, so they don't start trying to kill everybody when they wake up.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Snowbluff
2016-09-15, 09:17 PM
Taric

Taric casts cure minor wounds on the worst looking scorpion to stabilize it. He then tries to stablize another scorpion.

Heal check: [roll0]

Bayar
2016-09-16, 01:56 AM
"I've got a cart hitched in town, should I bring it here for the scorpions or we'll carry them on our shoulders? "

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-16, 09:53 AM
Cerise dei Liberi

Nodding at Matters, Cerise smiles faintly. "I believe that would be wise!" She taps her boot on the floor. "Inform the lady upstairs that the scorpions have been dealt with and that we will remove them with haste."

repairmanjack
2016-09-16, 11:06 AM
Dacianne

She failed to hit, then was stabbed a bit. She feels woozy, and thankfully Cerise is able to handle the other scorpion.

Settling down, she coughs softly. "I do not feel well." Flexing her hand, she tries to gauge how poorly she feels.

"Also, I think a cart would be best. As I can not carry anything right now."

She attempts to bring herself back up by jamming herself with her wand of cure light wounds. But, the poisoning would need some more attention soon, she is sure.

[roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-16, 11:26 AM
Cerise dei Liberi

Just noticing Dacianne has been wounded by the stinger, Cerise walks over to her friend after finishing up a binding on a scorpion. "Mon amie."1 She startles. "You have been injured!" She looks over Dacianne as best she can before assisting her teammate in walking up the stairs.

"My friend."1
Whenever Matters gets back, we'll transport the scorpions to the arena.

Heal (Untrained)
[roll0]

Malimar
2016-09-16, 11:55 AM

Taric cure minors the scorpion with a couple missing legs, then binds the wounds of another!

Cerise, meanwhile, succeeds at stabilizing another after a full minute of work!

Eventually, all the scorpions are stabilized.

Dacianne heals herself back up to her current maximum using a single charge of her wand!

Ma Raixey beams when Matters informs her that the scorpions have been dealt with! "Oh, bless your heart! All twelve, so quickly?"

Meanwhile, everyone downstairs in the cellar hears skittering and scuttling from the south/east. Peering around the corner, several more scorpions can be seen (but have been failing all their listen checks and haven't noticed the party yet). One scuttling and scratching is particularly loud and deep -- you can't see it around the wall, but it sounds like a scorpion the size of a horse.

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫1..╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*R=#╫.SS╫#
#O***=#╫.SS╫#
##DC#####.4##
#O...OOO...O#
#........2.O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#.......5..3#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters (upstairs)
D = Dacianne
C = Cerise
SS = Large scorpion
1-3 = Medium scorpion
4-5 = Small scorpion

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-16, 12:07 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Zut!"1 Cerise swears. "Matters! Problem!" She shouts. "Let us create a kill zone! Stand behind me, Dacianne. And keep that wand at the ready!" Cerise assumes her dueling stance and readies her thinblade.

"Damn!"1
If there is anything small near her, Cerise'll chuck it into the open to draw a scorpion into sight.

Cerise will stand her current ground. Readying to attack when a scorpion draws near and declaring whatever is in front of her as a dodge target. [Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21209557&postcount=452)]

I'd like to keep this two square opening as our choke point, switching occupants when we get low. Dack took some damage, so it'd be good to keep her in the back as a healer. If Taric can get behind us, we can have Matters take a Frontal Position for his healing attacks. If that's not possible, Ria is my next choice, personally.

Bayar
2016-09-16, 12:41 PM
Matters

"What do you mean twelve ?" "Matters! Problem!" "Oh Magg, COMING !" Matters rushes back down the cellar to stay in line with Cerise. "I could have used some repairs, but if you can patch me up with that wand of yours it should suffice for now."

Double-Move to go down and by Cerise's side ? Is it enough ?

Malimar
2016-09-16, 01:04 PM

Dacianne steps back and Matters hustles down the stairs and steps up into the gap!

But what with all the yelling, now the scorpions to the east notice the party and scuttle curiously yet menacingly in the party's direction.

Battle Is Joined

Cerise issues orders and readies an attack!

Medium scorpion #1 scuttles from the back room all the way up to Cerise -- who stabs at it! Because of Matters's dexterity-boosting aura (which y'all should probably be putting on y'all's sheets as a temporary ability score and not relying on me to remember, because I'm inclined to forget these sorts of things), she barely penetrates the creature's thick carapace with her thinblade!

As always, post in any order, but initiative order is Dacianne
Small scorpion #4
Taric
The large scorpion and medium scorpion #2
Ria
Small scorpion #5
Matters
Medium scorpion #3
Cerise
Medium scorpion #1
(Cerise and scorpion #1 rolled at the top of the initiative, but they just acted and nobody else has yet (I guess I'm arbitrarily putting the start of combat after Matters's action but before Cerise's) so I moved them to the bottom to keep things moving.)

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*R=#╫.SS╫#
#O*D*=#╫.SS╫#
##MC#####.4##
#O..1OOO...O#
#........2.O#
#..#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#.......5..3#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
D = Dacianne (standing over defeated foe)
C = Cerise
SS = Large scorpion
1-3 = Medium scorpion
4-5 = Small scorpion

repairmanjack
2016-09-16, 03:31 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne feels mildly better after having stuck herself with her healing wand. It's mostly the sapped feeling that she isn't pleased with. Poison, she knows that is what it must be. After all, her hand is still gooey from the creature's little injection.

As Cerise tends to her, she smiles. "Thank you. I should be.. well, soon. I hope."

At the new scorpion sound, she squeaks and immediately obeys Cerise. She has the wand in one hand, the dagger in the other and is ready to assist with healing.

So, she goes to poke Matters and work on healing the kind bot.

[roll0]

Bayar
2016-09-16, 03:52 PM
Matters

"Come and get it, you insects !" Matters takes a ready stance for any foe foolish enough to attack her.

Ready action to attack the first enemy that attacks Matters, using Crusader strike on it and targeting Matters as the healing target.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-16, 04:11 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"La grève!"1 The elf shouts, upon thrusting her blade at the scorpion. "When we push them back, we advance one step forward to allow room for Ria!"

I've got 8/10 HP right now, so I'm probably alright. But there are a lot of enemies and I'll need healing at some point.
"Strike!"1
Cerise will attack Scorpion #1!
Dodge Target: Scorpion #1

Attack
[roll0] (+1 from Matters' Aura)
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2] (+1 from Matters' Aura)
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

VirusInk
2016-09-16, 04:21 PM
Ria

Ria focuses her energy!

Ria spends a full action to recover Burning Blade.

Malimar
2016-09-19, 02:26 PM

Dacianne prods Matters with her wand, but sadly fails to make it function.

Small scorpion #4 skitters up into the gap!

Taric delays!

The Large scorpion, disturbed from its activities by the commotion, pokes its armored head out to the south, and chitters deeply. It squeezes itself between the shelves and the barrels and approaches the party, knocking reagents and ingredients from the shelves onto the floor as it passes.

Medium scorpion #2 moves up into the remaining gap!

Ria recovers her Burning Blade maneuver!

Small scorpion #5 moves up, but cannot approach the party all the way; it readies an attack that it almost certainly won't get to use.

Matters readies an attack against the first creature to attack her!

Medium scorpion #3 moves up!

Cerise stabs with her thinblade at the first scorpion! She strikes it again, and it waves its claws and chitters angrily!

Medium scorpion #1 fights back against Cerise! It pierces her leg with one claw, just barely (despite her dodging); misses with the other claw, and she dodges its stinger! Still, Cerise takes 5 damage!

Next round, a scorpion will almost certainly attack Matters before she moves again, so probably roll the retaliatory attack and damage and healing for your readied action instead of a regular action.

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*R=#╫...╫#
#O*D*=#╫...╫#
##MC#####..##
#O241OOO...O#
#3..SS.....O#
#.5#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
C = Cerise
SS = Large scorpion (squeezing)
1-3 = Medium scorpion
4-5 = Small scorpion

repairmanjack
2016-09-19, 03:11 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne curses as the wand did not work. She clucks at it. But, then Cerise is hit, and she squeaks loudly.

She goes to poke Cerise with her healing wand.

[roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-19, 04:27 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

As the scorpions cuts her leg, she exclaims. "Zut! I am wounded!"1

"Damn!"1
Cerise will ready a move action to switch places with Ria.

VirusInk
2016-09-19, 04:33 PM
Ria

"I've got your back!" Ria says, running to fill the gap.

Move Action: To Cerise's square.
Standard: Clinging Shadow Strike against Scorpion #4

Attack One (Clinging Shadow Strike/Unarmed Strike)
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Bludgeoning)

Critical Confirm -/x2)
Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Bludgeoning)

Bayar
2016-09-20, 05:45 PM
Matters

"Ooh, ouch. Just looking at that big one fills me with pain." Nonetheless, Matters jumps into the fray.

Readied action to attack with Crusader Strike triggers I guess.

Crusader Strike: [roll2] minimum initiator level is 1, right ?

This turn:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

All healing on Matters.

Snowbluff
2016-09-20, 08:39 PM
Taric

Now that he can see the scorpion, Taric shoots a fire arrow

attack [roll0]
dmd [roll1] +1 fire

DC 15 ref or fire

Malimar
2016-09-20, 09:35 PM

Taric targets... a scorpion at random! Small scorpion #4, let's say. He hits it with a fire arrow! The creature now has a flaming arrow sticking out of its thorax, and does not look happy. It fails its reflex save, and is now on fire!

Dacianne successfully heals Cerise for 3hp!

Small scorpion #4 attacks Cerise! It misses with one claw, catches her shield with buckler with the other, and very misses with its stinger!

The Large scorpion delays.

Medium scorpion #2 attacks Matters! (Whose readied action, I believe, was unusually set to trigger after the scorpion's attack, rather than before, so her flaws don't come into effect.) It misses with both claws and its stinger!

Matters retaliates! She hits scorpion #2 with great vigor, striking the arachnid a solid blow; Matters heals herself for 7!

Ria delays until after Cerise, so as to move into Cerise's square!

Small scorpion #5 delays!

Medium scorpion #3 delays!

Cerise steps back!

Ria steps into the gap, and she delivers a mighty shadowy blow... to the nearby wall! The wall is now having difficulty seeing.

Medium scorpion #1 attacks at Ria! It hits her with both claws, but misses with its stinger! Ria takes 2 damage and then 3 more damage!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*.=#╫...╫#
#OCD*=#╫...╫#
##MR#####..##
#O241OOO...O#
#3..SS.....O#
#.5#╫╫╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria
M = Matters
C = Cerise (standing over defeated foe)
SS = Large scorpion (squeezing)
1-3 = Medium scorpion
4-5 = Small scorpion

Snowbluff
2016-09-20, 09:45 PM
Taric

Taric puts down a wall of smoke right in front of Rea and Matters! "Pull back into the room!" he says.

10 ft cube. Creatures on either side get concealment to each other. If passing through, DC 14 or nauseated.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-20, 09:47 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

I'm a terrible listener. Apparently I'm supposed to hold my action (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21225028&postcount=99) to attack them when they show up. (I'm on VOIP with Snow.) Totally understand if you wont let me edit this.

Cerise sheathes her thinblade and pulls out her recently purchased shortbow!

VirusInk
2016-09-20, 09:49 PM
Ria

Ria uses the withdraw action to fall back.

repairmanjack
2016-09-21, 08:25 AM
Dacianne

She successfully used her healing wand! So, that is wonderful.

But, now she must assist others. She continues to kind of hide behind Cerise, Ria, and Matters.

But, time to heal Ria as her friend was just injured twice.

[roll0]

Malimar
2016-09-21, 12:28 PM

Taric throws down a black, choking wall of smoke! Small scorpion #4 burns to unconsciousness!

Medium scorpion 3 jumps into the initiative and into the smoke! It passes its Fortitude save, moves up, and misses Ria because of concealment!

Dacianne tries to heal Ria, but fails to make the wand function! Then she steps back to make room to fall back.

The Large scorpion knocks over a shelf (sending reagents and supplies scattering across the floor) because it's tired of squeezing!

Medium scorpion #2 makes its Fortitude save! It attacks Matters! It overcomes concealment with all three attacks, just barely hits with one claw, misses with the other, and completely misses with its stinger! Matters takes 3 damage!

Matters (having declared an extra action last turn, takes that action now) stabs at scorpion #2 with great vigor! She chops it into unconsciousness, and Matters heals Cerise for 2! Then she 5' steps back on Taric's suggestion!

Small scorpion #5, seeing a gap, moves up into it! It fails its Fortitude save and is nauseated!

Cerise readies an action to stab if a scorpion gets into her range!

Ria falls back!

Medium scorpion #1 steps through the wall of smoke, makes its Fortitude save, and is promptly attacked by Cerise!

Cerise critically hits the scorpion! (Overreaction: Normal damage and target provokes attacks of opportunity from all threatening opponents.) Even her normal damage takes it down, so Matters and Ria hold off on beating the creature to death.

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*D=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##.*#####..##
#OsS.OOO...O#
#.%%SS.....O#
#..#SS╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
% = wall of smoke

T = Taric
R = Ria (standing over defeated foe)
M = Matters (standing over defeated foe)
D = Dacianne
SS = Large scorpion
S = Medium scorpion (in wall of smoke, standing over defeated foe)
s = Small scorpion (in wall of smoke, standing over defeated foe)

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 12:40 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Splendide!"1 She celebrates at the fallen scorpion, before readying herself for the next one.

Probably don't need this, but for posterity...
"Splendid!"1
Cerise will, once again, hold her action until a scorpion walks through, she will then declare it her dodge target and stike!

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

VirusInk
2016-09-21, 01:26 PM
Ria

Ria will wait for a scorpion to walk into melee range and then use Burning Blade.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Bludgeoning)
[roll2] (Fire)

Critical Confirm (-/x2)
Attack
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4] (Bludgeoning)

Bayar
2016-09-21, 02:19 PM
Matters

"Stand tall comrades, and receive the blessings of The Creator !" With her sword held aloft and the holy symbol around her neck shining, Matters blesses her companions.

Cast Bless on the party, granting +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and savind throws against fear effects.

Snatched this spell from my favorite class bonus :wink:

repairmanjack
2016-09-21, 02:34 PM
Dacianne

She tuts at the wand and then gives it a quick bap with her hand. "Apologies, this thing is terrible."

She goes to jab at Ria once more.

[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 03:55 PM
Taric

Taric readies an action to shoot a scorpion that comes out of concealment!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-09-21, 04:17 PM

Taric readies an action to shoot the first scorpion he sees outside of concealment! Unless I'm missing some errata or something, his wall of smoke wears off after one round, which is to say, now-ish. So he sees three scorpions! He shoots at the Medium one! But his arrow clatters off the creature's chitinous exoskeleton!

The remaining Medium scorpion 5'-scuttles forward and attacks all three available targets: it claws at Cerise, claws at Matters, and stings at Ria! It hits Cerise, fails to penetrate Matters's armor, and critically fumbles with its stinger! Cerise takes 3 damage! Its fumble is Off Balance: It can only take a move action next round.

Dacianne continues to try, and to fail, to get her wand to function!

The Large scorpion 5'-scuttles forward, then readies an attack! (It does not have reach.)

Matters blesses the party! +1 to attacks and saves vs fear for everybody!

The remaining Small scorpion 5'-scuttles forward! It claws at Cerise, claws at Matters, and stings at Matters! It just barely hits Cerise, pretty effectively hitts Matters, and completely misses with its stinger! Cerise takes 1 damage, Matters takes 2 damage!

Ria uses her burning blade maneuver on the Medium scorpion! But, even with Matters's blessing, she only puts a smouldering dent in its chitinous exoskeleton!

Cerise critically hits the Medium scorpion! She stabs it right in one of its eyes! (Eye Patch For You: Triple damage and [roll0] Con drain. -4 on Perception checks and ranged attacks until healed.) It wobbles unsteadily, but remains (barely) on its feet!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OT*D=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##sS#####..##
#O.SSOOO...O#
#..SS......O#
#..#..╫╫╫#..#
#...........#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
D = Dacianne
SS = Large scorpion
S = Medium scorpion (standing over defeated foe)
s = Small scorpion (standing over defeated foe)

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 04:26 PM
Taric

Taric shoots the nearest medium scorpion!

[roll0]
[roll1]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 04:43 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"We may want to think about falling back..." Cerise grimaces. "It would hurt my pride, but the two in back are quite large and most of us are injured..."

Seriously, though guys. We might wanna back off. If the medium scorpions hit that hard, I bet the large ones hit like trucks... :smalleek:

I don't want to die... again!
Attacking the medium scorpion, gotta put him unconscious. If someone does it before me, I'll take on the small scorpion.
Dodge Target: Small Scorpion

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

VirusInk
2016-09-21, 04:45 PM
Ria

Ria will spend a full round recovering Burning Blade.

repairmanjack
2016-09-21, 08:09 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne bites her bottom lip and looks at the wand. "I know how to use this, I swear. I am so sorry."

She squeaks as her newest friend Cerise is injured again. With a huff, she bangs her hand against the wand and then lightly touches it to Cerise.

[roll0]

Bayar
2016-09-21, 08:22 PM
Matters

"It might look bad, but we still have the advantage. You could fall back and use a ranged weapon ?" Matters chops at a scorpion, targeting Cerise for healing.

Medium one if it's still concious, small one if it's not.

Damage: [roll]1d10+2]/roll]

Malimar
2016-09-21, 08:44 PM

Taric shoots the Medium scorpion, and his arrow bounces off its chitin and rolls across the floor!

The Medium scorpion can only take a Move action. But it's not smart enough to retreat. So it just menaces the three meleers.

Dacianne continues to fail to activate her wand!

The Large scorpion delays, waiting for its opening!

Matters swings at the Medium scorpion, but the katana fails to penetrate its exoskeleton!

The Small scorpion attacks Cerise and Matters! Cerise dances out of the way of its claw, it claws Matters, who leaks fluid, and it misses Cerise with its stinger! Matters takes 2 damage!

Ria recovers Burning Blade!

Cerise pierces the Medium scorpion through the thorax, and it collapses in a heap!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OTD.=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##s*#####..##
#O.SSOOO...O#
#..SS......O#
#..#,,╫╫╫#..#
#...,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
, = fallen shelves and debris (difficult terrain)
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
SS = Large scorpion
s = Small scorpion (standing over defeated foe)

repairmanjack
2016-09-21, 09:27 PM
Dacianne

She has tears in her eyes. "I umm.. swear it works, most of the time."

She would jab at Cerise once more, keeping herself sheltered around the others.

[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 11:51 PM
Taric

"I swear someone has been messing with my bow strings," he grumbles.

Fire arrow! Medium Scorpion!

[roll0]
[roll1] + 1 fire

Dc 15 refl or fire

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 12:15 AM
Taric

"I swear someone has been messing with my bow strings," he grumbles.

Fire arrow! Large Scorpion!

[roll0]
[roll1] + 1 fire

Dc 15 refl or fire

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 09:49 AM
Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise smiles with pride when the medium scorpion is slain. "Victory is on the horizon, my companions!" She'll then spare a glance at Dacianne, who is tearing up. "Mademoiselle, do not cry. Life is not easy, it is our duty as adventurers to persevere and trudge through the hard times!" She will offer her best attempt at a comforting smile and then return her focus to the battle at hand.

Dodge Target: Large Scorpion
Standard Action: Cerise will attack the small scorpion, if it dies before her turn, she'll hold her action until the large scorpion is in range and then attack.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

VirusInk
2016-09-22, 09:58 AM
Ria

"Let's hope we can take this big one..." Ria chuckles gravely, feeling her wounds.

Ria will hold her action until the large scorpion comes within range and then use Burning Blade.

Attack One (Unarmed Strike/Burning Blade)
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Bludgeoning)
[roll2] (Fire)

Critical Confirm (-/x2)
Attack
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4] (Bludgeoning)

Bayar
2016-09-22, 11:10 AM
Matters

"Gonna need a long oil bath after this one. Anyone else with me ?" Matters readies herself for the large scorpion.

Ready action to attack the large scorpion after it attacks Matters once.

Heal Matters if it hits.

Malimar
2016-09-22, 11:53 AM

Taric shoots a fire arrow at the Large scorpion! But it bounces off the creature's chitinous exoskeleton and lodges in the pillar!

Dacianne continues to not be able to make the wand work! :smallfrown:

The Large scorpion delays!

Matters readies an attack!

The Small scorpion attacks Cerise and Matters! Claw Cerise: total miss! Claw Matters: a hit! Sting Matters: she takes it on her armor! Matters takes 1 damage!

Ria readies an attack!

Cerise critically stabs the Small scorpion right in the eye! (Eye Patch For You: Triple damage and [roll0] Con drain. -4 on Perception checks and ranged attacks until healed.) It collapses!

The Large scorpion, seeing the way is open, reënters the initiative! It steps into the gap!

Ria's readied action goes off: she strikes the creature with great accuracy with a burning fist, and it is injured!

The scorpion retaliates against Ria with a claw, and slashes her squarely across the belly; Ria takes 6 damage (and, according to my calculations, collapses, unconscious)! It briefly considers holding onto Ria and shaking her like a ragdoll until dead, but it, with its tiny scorpion brain, concludes she's already dead enough, and so it moves on to other targets. So it attacks Cerise with its other claw, but Cerise dodges it! Then it attacks Cerise with its stinger, but misses! (For the record, I rolled randomly for its targets; it didn't decide not to attack Matters because it knew Matters was waiting for it to attack her or anything like that.)

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OTD.=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##SS#####..##
#OSS.OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#,,╫╫╫#..#
#...,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria (unconscious, prone, lying on defeated foe)
SS = Large scorpion (standing over like five defeated foes)

repairmanjack
2016-09-22, 11:59 AM
Dacianne

She gulps hard and nods her head to Cerise. The woman was giving comfort and she would do her best to continue on and fidget with the wand again.

When Ria drops, Dacianne whispers, "no, no, no, no, no"

She baps the wand and then goes to poke Ria.

[roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 12:03 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Mademoiselle, life has become much harder for our friend! Aid her if you can!" Cerise's expression hardens as she stares down the large scorpion. "Vous avez choisi votre mort, monstre!"1

Of course I missed. Right when it really counts!

Hey, Jack. What do you need to roll to make the wand work?

Edit:
Also, I love how fast we're all posting. This is a good game.
"You have chosen your death, monster!"1

Actions
Full-Round: None
Immediate: None
Move: None
Standard: Melee Attack against large scorpion.
Swift: None

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 01:26 PM
Taric

"Merde!" Taric swears

He fire another fire arrow at the large scorpion

[roll0]
[roll1] +1 fire, DC 15 ref or fire

Bayar
2016-09-23, 04:35 PM
Matters

"Hit me ! Come on, hit me, I'm here ! Come on, do it ! Do it now !" Matters tries to make the scorpion attack her so she can bash it's brains out.

Delay if necessary until after scorpion. Hopefully it will attack Matters once and won't drop her instantly.

Attack: [roll0] -8 if scorpion does not attack Matters after all

Malimar
2016-09-23, 05:28 PM

Taric shoots at the scorpion, but hits the wall behind it instead!

Dacianne tries to prod Ria with her wand, but it fails!

Matters taunts the scorpion, then delays!

Cerise flourishes her blade, stabs at the scorpion, but her blade sticks on its tough chitin!

Ria stabilizes on her own and does not bleed a hit point!

The scorpion picks on Cerise, Matters, and Matters! Cerise ducks out of the way of one claw! It completely misses Matters with its other claw and its stinger!

Matters, having been attacked, retaliates! But she misses the scorpion!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OTD.=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##SS#####..##
#OSS.OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#,,╫╫╫#..#
#...,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
R = Ria (unconscious, stable, prone, lying on defeated foe)

Snowbluff
2016-09-23, 06:07 PM
Hari, Taric

Shoot the SScorpion with a fire arrow!

[roll]1d6++3+1 fire, DC 15 ref or fire.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-23, 06:29 PM
Cerise

"Bring it down!"

Actions
Move: None
Standard: Attacking Large Scorpion

Full Attack
Attack
[roll0] +1 from Matters
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Attack
[roll2] +1 from Matters
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

Standard Attack I usually cross this one out, but I forgot to and posted both rolls. Ignore everything below, even though it's better.
Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5] (Piercing)

Attack
[Roll]1d20+5/ROLL]
Damage
[roll6] (Piercing)

repairmanjack
2016-09-23, 07:38 PM
Dacianne

Matters is being most excellent. She really does like the doggedness of the construct. It gives her some mild confidence, even as a few tears drip down her cheeks.

She continues to keep herself surrounded by the others and attempts to bring about Ria one more time.

Unfortunately, I have an equal chance of stabbing the beast as I do healing someone. So, healing seems pertinent. Stupid dice.

wand! [roll0]

Bayar
2016-09-24, 02:00 PM
Matters

"For such a big insect, you sure are fidgedy! Come, let's be about it!" Matters tries to land a blow on the last remaining scorpion.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-09-24, 02:47 PM

Taric strikes the scorpion with a flaming arrow! The creature catches fire!

Dacianne almost thinks the wand is going to work for her this time! Its tip glows slightly for a fraction of a second! But then it doesn't.

Cerise's thinblade fails to penetrate the scorpion's chitin!

Ria remains stable!

The Large scorpion ignores the fire that it appears to have caught on, and claws at Cerise and Matters! It hits Cerise for 5 damage, which (according to my calculations: 10-2-5+2-3-1-5, but I could have made a miscalculation at some point) takes Cerise down (if Cerise doesn't fall unconscious, then the scorpion attempts to grapple her with Improved Grab, but takes the -20 for using only its claw and not the rest of its body, and just barely fails to catch a hold of her)! Then it completely misses Matters with its claw and its stinger!

Matters tries to take the scorpion down once and for all, but Shouhei's katana does not penetrate its thick chitin!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#OTD.=#╫...╫#
#OCMR=#╫...╫#
##SS#####..##
#OSS.OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#,,╫╫╫#..#
#...,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric
C = Cerise (unconscious, bleeding, prone, lying on defeated foe)

repairmanjack
2016-09-24, 03:42 PM
Dacianne

The wand was growing for barely a moment, but it was. She growls to herself and then sees her elf friend go down.

She squeaks and looks to the other two, hoping they had a plan. She could step up and try to stab at it.. but getting the stupid wand working seemed more important.

[roll0]

Bayar
2016-09-24, 03:49 PM
Matters

"Taric! Dacianne! Grab our comrades and run upstairs! I'll buy you some time. We can heal up while it tries to get through the door." Switching her swordwork to a more defensive style, Matters stares down the scorpion. "Lets dance."

Fighting defensively.
[roll0]
[roll1]
+2 dodge bonus

Snowbluff
2016-09-27, 09:44 AM
Taric

Taric picks up Cerise and moves up the stairs.

Malimar
2016-09-27, 10:01 PM

Taric picks up Cerise (which puts him, between her and his other gear, at a heavy load, reducing his speed to 30 feet)! He carries her halfway up the stairs! (The scorpion just barely makes its reflex save to no longer be on fire, which I discovered is a thing it gets every round when I looked up the rules for being on fire.)

Dacianne continues to whack the wand against her palm, shake it, plead with it, to no avail.

Cerise does not stabilize, and bleeds a hit point onto the stairs!

The Large scorpion is left with only one standing target: Matters! It hits her with a claw; Matters takes 6 damage (according to my calculations leaving her at 0, and still standing)! It hits with its other claw; Matters takes 8 damage, and (according to my calculations) collapse in an undignified heap! The scorpion ponders, with its tiny arachnid brain, for a second, and 5' skitters up to Dacianne! It tries to sting her, but she easily ducks out of the way!

Matters is automatically stable.

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#O.D.T#╫...╫#
#OSMR=#╫...╫#
##SS#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#..#,,╫╫╫#..#
#...,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe

T = Taric (carrying Cerise, who is unconscious and bleeding)
M = Matters (unconscious, stable, prone, lying on defeated foe, under Large scorpion)

Snowbluff
2016-09-28, 12:16 AM
Taric

Taric carries Cerise another 30 feet up the stairs and through the door, and tries to clean up her wounds.

Heal [roll0]

repairmanjack
2016-09-28, 12:15 PM
Dacianne

Dacianne sees matters go down, and Taric dragging away Cerise. She looks about, wishing there was something more she could do.

But, for the moment, she can see no true path, other than backing away.

She withdraws, heading towards the stairs to perhaps help Taric and Cerise.

Malimar
2016-09-28, 12:31 PM

Taric carries Cerise up to the shop, quickly binds her bleeding wounds, and stabilizes her!

Ma Raixey beholds the damage, clucks disapprovingly, selects a shimmering red potion from a shelf, and begins to pour it down Cerise's throat. (She's using a standard action to begin the full-round action of administering the potion; she will complete the action as another standard action next round. The potion heals a minimum of 5 damage, Cerise is (according to my calculations) at -5, and Ma Raixey acts earlier in the initiative than Cerise does, so Cerise will be able to take actions in this coming round. Unfortunately, her thinblade, dropped when she fell, is still downstairs.)

Dacianne successfully withdraws up the stairs!

The Large scorpion snuffles around, investigating Matters and Ria. It soon concludes Matters is not delicious but Ria is, so it picks up Ria in one claw and carries her a bit away from the scene of the fight.

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*...#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#O.*.=#╫...╫#
#O/M*=#╫...╫#
##**#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#SS#,,╫╫╫#..#
#SS.,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
/ = Cerise's thinblade and defeated foe

T = Taric (upstairs in shop)
M = Matters (unconscious, stable, prone, lying on defeated foe and her katana)
D = Dacianne (upstairs in shop)
C = Cerise (upstairs in shop, unconscious, stable, prone)
SS = Large scorpion (holding Ria, who is unconscious but stable)

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-28, 12:45 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise's eyes fly open as she bolts upright. "Monstre!" She yells, reaching for her missing thinblade. She scans the room for her team. "Matters? Ria!?"

Cerise will stand and draw her bow. (Double move?)

Snowbluff
2016-09-28, 08:29 PM
Taric

"Shut up, I think you're supposed to be unconcious," Taric tells Cerise. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to clutch another quest for this team."

Taric goes down the stairs and shoots the big scorpion. He missses, of course, and feels very silly for the bravado he expressed to a dying woman.

Attack [roll0]
[roll1]

repairmanjack
2016-09-29, 01:02 PM
Dacianne

She smiles in joy when Cerise comes back around, of course, by now, she's full on crying.

As for the others, she shrugs softly. "I think we are failing them."

Taric goes down the stairs, and she follows... wanting to recover Matters, or hopefully help the stubborn one. Ria's gone..

So, that leaves one option.. she throws a dagger at the beast.

[roll0] damage [roll1]

Malimar
2016-09-29, 01:23 PM

Taric heads down the stairs, shoots off an arrow at the scorpion, and hits the wall behind it! The scorpion... doesn't even notice that it was attacked.

Ma Raixey finishes pouring the potion down Cerise, and Cerise heals 14 hp (leaving her, according to my calculations, conscious at 9HP)!

Dacianne, crying, heads down the stairs, and tries to save Ria! She chucks her dagger at the great beast, but it bounces off the creature's chitinous exoskeleton and lands at its feet!

Cerise stands up and draws her bow!

The Large scorpion was about to tear into Ria, but it recognizes that it is under attack by Dacianne. So it drops Ria to the ground, and scuttles over to Dacianne! It claws her right in the chest, ripping open her chain shirt; Dacianne takes 9 damage (leaving her, according to my calculations, at -4) -- she collapses!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*..T#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#O.*.=#╫...╫#
#O/MD=#╫...╫#
##SS#####..##
#OSS.OOO...O#
#..........O#
#.R#,,╫╫╫#..#
#\..,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
\ = Dacianne's dagger

T = Taric
D = Dacianne (lying on defeated foe, unconscious, bleeding, prone)
C = Cerise (upstairs in shop)
R = Ria (unconscious, stable, prone)

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 01:33 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Exiting the door and taking a sniping position on the stairs, Cerise sees Dack go down. "Mademoiselle!" She loses an arrow, hoping to pierce the natural armor of the beast.

I forgot thrown weapons had a point blank throwing range...

Actions
Move: Onto the stairs. (I think that's valid, right?)
Standard: Attacking Large Scorpion with Shortbow.

Attack One (Shortbow) (Range of 60ft)
Attack
[roll0] (+1 from Matters, I believe it hasn't been over a minute...)
Damage
[roll1] (Piercing)

Critical Confirm (-/x3)
Attack
[roll2] (+1 from Matters, I believe it hasn't been over a minute...)
Damage
[roll3] (Piercing)

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 01:43 PM
Taric

Shoot the scorpion!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-09-29, 02:07 PM

Taric shoots, and hits the scorpion right in a jointy bit, for great justice! The scorpion rears up and goes eeeee, badly injured now!

Dacianne does not stabilize, and bleeds a hit point!

Cerise comes partway down the stairs until she can see the scorpion, and shoots at it! But she misses and her arrow lands in the viscous green goo (now thoroughly mixed with blood and ichor)!

The scorpion skitters up to Cerise and attacks with its claw! It strikes her in the leg; Cerise takes 7 damage! She's still standing, but barely!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*..T#╫...╫#
#.*#.=#╫.#.╫#
#O.SS=#╫...╫#
#O/MDC#╫...╫#
##**#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#.R#,,╫╫╫#..#
#\..,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
\ = Dacianne's dagger

T = Taric
M = Matters (unconscious, stable, prone, lying on defeated foe and her katana, under the scorpion)
D = Dacianne (lying on defeated foe, unconscious, bleeding, prone, under the scorpion)
C = Cerise
SS = Large scorpion (standing over a defeated foe)

Note the scorpion isn't squeezing: it's standing in the four squares including Matters's and Dacianne's (so, it's occupying the squares marked SS and M and D). I'm just trying to keep best track of where everybody is.

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 02:14 PM
Taric

Taric fires!

[roll0]
[roll1]
!

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 02:22 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

After taking a massive hit, Cerise backs off into the shop again. She hollers at the scorpion, attempting to keep it interested, then at Ma. "Ma'am! I need a jar or bottle of something slick! Grease?! Hurry!"

Snowbluff, if Ma gets me grease in this next round, I'm gonna hit the scorp with it. Do not light it on fire and kill our friends. Haha.
Cerise will make a withdraw action into the shop.

Malimar
2016-09-29, 02:33 PM

Taric shoots at the scorpion, but hits the wall behind it instead!

Dacianne again fails to stabilize, and bleeds another hit point!

Cerise yells at the scorpion, then withdraws and asks Ma Raixey for... she hands her an oil of grease. Or something along those general lines. It works like a grease spell.

The scorpion scuttles towards Taric, a bit awkwardly partially up on the stairs, which will give it penalties but not as big a penalty as if it were Squeezing (and not enough to give it the high ground bonus). Where it is now, Cerise can target it from within the shop. I'm gonna say that wasn't a 5'-scuttle, it was a proper move, because it had to get up onto the stars. So the scorpion can only claw at Taric once, it can't full attack. It hits him with one claw, barely; Taric takes 7 damage and is still standing!

#############
#╫╫╫╫╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*..T#╫...╫#
#.*#SS#╫.#.╫#
#O.*SS#╫...╫#
#O/MD=#╫...╫#
##**#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#.R#,,╫╫╫#..#
#\..,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
\ = Dacianne's dagger

T = Taric
C = Cerise (upstairs in the shop)
SS = Large scorpion (partially on the stairs)

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 02:35 PM
Taric

Taric moves back 5 feet and fires!

[roll0]
[roll1]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 03:34 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Thank you!" She shouts and sprints back into the fray. "Hold on Taric!"

Cerise runs down the stairs, hopefully staying a reasonable distance from the scorpion and chucks the grease at its feet!

Attack Roll?
[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 03:39 PM
Taric!

Shoot shooot!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Malimar
2016-09-29, 05:02 PM

Taric shoves over some shelves behind him and moves into where they were! Then he shoots at the scorpion, but his arrow lodges harmlessly in a thick spot in the creature's chitin.

Dacianne bleeds another hit point and does not stabilize!

Cerise chucks the oil of grease at the scorpion, and it bursts, and spreads oil all over the stairs and the ground! The scorpion slips and falls prone!

The scorpion indignantly scrambles back to its feet, and attempts to clamber up the stairs after Cerise! But it fails its Balance check to move through the grease by a couple of points, and just slips and slides on the stairs!

Next Round

Taric shoots again at the scorpion, this time pegging it in a soft spot, and it collapses and rolls off the stairs!

Dacianne bleeds another hit point and still isn't stable!

After a time, the grease evaporates.

Everyone, conscious or not, gains 420 experience from the defeated scorpions, plus a bonus 100 experience for completing the bounty! According to my calculations, this means everyone levels up!

#############
#╫╫╫T╫#╫.O.╫#
#.*.,.#╫...╫#
#.*#*=#╫.#.╫#
#O.**=#╫...╫#
#O/MD=#╫...╫#
##**#####..##
#O...OOO...O#
#..........O#
#.R#,,╫╫╫#..#
#\..,,......#
#OOOO..OO.OO#
#############

# = wall/pillar
. = floor
O = large barrel
* = defeated foe
\ = Dacianne's dagger

T = Taric (standing over fallen shelves and debris)
C = Cerise (upstairs in the shop)
SS = Large scorpion (partially on the stairs, completely on grease)

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 05:08 PM
Taric attempts to stabilize Dacianne

[roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 07:05 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise attempts to heal Dack and then stabilize the other scorpions then begin dying them up!

Heal
[roll0]

Malimar
2016-09-29, 07:14 PM

Between the two of them, Taric and Cerise get Dacianne and all the scorpions stabilized! Everybody lives! Ria, Matters, and Dacianne are all still unconscious, but not bleeding!

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 07:20 PM
Taric

"So... should we get a cart, or just drag them back?" Taric asks in Elven.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 07:23 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Wiping the sweat from her brow and picking up her blade, gracefully sheathing it, Cerise smiles slightly. "We did it, Taric." She makes sure to double up on restraints for the large scorpion.

Nodding at Taric's words, she brushes herself off. "I will try to wake our friends. Matters said he had a cart... Perhaps you can retrieve agents from the arena to help us carry them?"

Can you take a 20 on UMD? Because I'll do that for our party members so they can help us transfer these scorpions.

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 07:56 PM
Taric

"Wait... no. The stupid one had a wand. I think it was one I can use. That way they can carry themselves, because goodness knows I've been carrying them enough," Taric continues in Elven. He picks up Dacianne's wand, and uses to heal each of the unconscious teammates.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 08:05 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

"Dieu merci."1 Cerise sighs with relief. "Did you sleep well, friends?" She attempts at joking when her friends awake, exhaling with exhaustion.

After a brief moment is allowed for everyone to catch their breath. "I... do not mean to rush you... but perhaps we should transport the scorpions while they are still unconscious?" She laughs almost nervously.

"Thank god."1

Malimar
2016-09-29, 08:21 PM

Dacianne gets the first charge, healed for 5 hp, leaving her conscious at 1hp (according to my calculations, taking into account her new hit points from leveling up).

Ria... actually regains consciousness on her own from level-up HP, ending up at 5 out of 17 (according to my calculations).

Matters gains 8HP from leveling up (unless she levels up in something with other than a d8 HD), leaving her at 0 out of 19, so a second charge goes to heal her for 3, bringing her up from staggered to 3 hp (according to my calculations).

So 2 charges of Dacianne's wand are used, and everybody who isn't a scorpion is now conscious!

repairmanjack
2016-09-29, 08:27 PM
Dacianne

She wakes up and frowns, still not feeling well. But, was happy to be up. She took a moment to check her hair and look at her arms, confirming she had not shifted personalities while out.

Looking up to Cerise, she smiles. "Yes, unfortunately. I'm sorry for being a failure."

She looks about, notices Ria and Matters had survived as well and gave them a wave. "We made it!"

Giving nods of thanks to Taric and Cerise, she rises up to help them move the scorpions.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-29, 08:31 PM
Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise chuckles. "Not a failure... but perhaps we buy you a crossbow, so that next time we do not have to throw our dagger. Yes?"

Cerise will inform Ma about her problem being solved and then move the scorpions with great effort!

Snowbluff
2016-09-29, 08:32 PM
Taric

Taric hands Dacianne her wand, and helps move bodies as needed.