PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Righteous IC [3.5, Group B]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kish
2016-05-21, 09:27 AM
For several weeks, excitement has been building in Kenabres—Armasse is coming! Traditionally an opportunity for scholars and priests to come together to study the lessons of history from wars past, since the Worldwound opened, this holy day has become more about training commoners in weaponry, choosing squires, and ordaining new priests. Over time, Armasse has grown to encompass jousting tournaments, mock duels, battle reenactments, and other festival events. In Kenabres, the festival (which takes place on 16 Arodus) is eagerly anticipated, for it provides distractions from the horrors of being on the front line of the war. Smiles on faces normally marred by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city morale in the weeks leading up to the event.

Armasse is a citywide celebration, but the majority of the event, including its jousting matches and other entertainments, takes place at Clydwell Plaza, just west of the cathedral. It is here that the campaign begins, with you in attendance near the cathedral’s façade—you’ve been lucky enough to get good spots to observe the opening ceremonies at noon.

You can describe your characters and what you're doing.

Yawielas
2016-05-21, 09:51 AM
Runa Sigridsdottir

A warrior woman in her mid twenties leans against a wall, watching the plaza with wonder. The visit to Torag's temple had lifted her spirit, and now even more splendor and excitement awaited. Runa is glad she was early, seeing all the people gathering to watch the opening seremonies. This spot is close to the action, with nothing to bar her view.

A longsword hangs from her hip, next to a hand axe, and a chain shirt protects her torso. She is blonde, with tight, small braids on the sides of her head to keep the hair away from her face, while the rest falls down her back. She is of average height, strong and athletic, with blue eyes and tanned skin, someone who's spent a lot of time outdoors, in activity. She reaches into her belt pouch and takes out a small cake made from nuts, oats and dried berries, and gets ready to enjoy the show.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-21, 11:52 AM
Rung Soldar

Rung crouched on the top of a building, cloak on his back and rope in his hand. He was careful to stay low to minimize his profile, but he also wanted to be able to spectate.
He had always loved Armasse.

Ionbound
2016-05-21, 01:08 PM
Alexia stretches and yawns in her seat, happy to be able to take the day off of duty to attend the opening ceremonies. She's out of armor for once, wearing normal clothes, but is excited for the events, not that the tired look on her face from yet another sleepless night would show it.

Novabomb
2016-05-21, 01:11 PM
Tellos

Is the young man in the middle of a trio of would be crusaders. You can tell by the recruit issued armor (scalemail) they wear. They managed to score some front row positions. This was Tellos's idea, he thought it would be easier to get to the event if they did not have to wade through the entire crowd. He is 5'11'', fair of hair, and strangely green on eye. Strapped to his back (Horizontally, just above his backpack) is a Greatsword.
He seems to be having a disscussion with his comrads.
Oakland to his right says, "Do you really think full kit was appropriate for this event? Your scaring off the girls!
Tellos: Shugio (Referring to something Master Clarkson would teach)
Timmy (on his left, who is on the thin side): "You are going to tire yourself out before the melee even starts."
Tellos: Friend, unlike yourself I am not stingy with the water carrying, I could carry this for hours; As we should be able to when the day comes
Both of his fellows eyeroll.

flat_footed
2016-05-21, 03:16 PM
Kel

Road weary and despairing, a lone figure strode through the crowds with a determined gait. His face was covered carefully by the hood of a cloak, but mud splatters and small tears showed him as a traveler just arriving in Kenabres. He had always heard of the Armasse celebration, but this was Kel's first time feeling it. Everyone's spirits were high and the conflict was forgotten for a single evening. People everywhere were singing and making merry, making it almost impossible to figure out where he was heading. Kel choked back his frustration and halted his steps, the crowd starting to part around him. Several people jostled Kel, some more roughly than the others, and annoyed voices called out for him to keep moving. After a particularly firm shove, Kel had to clutch at this hood to keep it from dislodging.

Taking a few deep breaths, Kel started to move again, still without direction. Loud cries and the sounds of competition broke through the crowd and he turned towards it. I just need to rest for a little. Refocus my mind. With a destination in mind, Kel quickens his steps and slips through the crowd with ease. Spying a comfortable place to rest, Kel lowers himself against a building, finding a touch of shade from the midday sun. Removing his pack, he takes a long drink from his water skin and turns his eyes to the plaza. He could see the plaza was filling up with other people as well, each trying to get a better spot than the other. Something big must be starting soon, Kel thought.

JanusJones
2016-05-21, 04:35 PM
ARROW

He could barely breathe. It stunk of people.

A man stumbled past, and Arrow flinched. They were so close. Smiles, laughter, a curse, a chamberpot emptied out a window. A child in a mask nearly bowled him over.

The squat, scarred man sunk into himself, huddled against the wall.

This was it. The home of the crusades. Where the Guardians started, where Wolf fought.

He could barely stand it.

Kish
2016-05-21, 09:29 PM
Armasse officially begins at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plaza quiets as the aged cleric takes the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He clears his throat, but just as he is about to speak, a bright light shines from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun’s shadow falls huge and distorted across the cathedral’s façade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion rips through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor.

To the west, the fortress known as the Kite—the location of Kenabres’s wardstone—has vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupts into the heavens.

A moment later, a powerful roar accompanies a welcome sight rising from the crowd—Kenabres’s greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who was until this moment attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human. Above, another form appears, as nightmarish as the dragon is breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any human, with skin coated in fire and lightning, grips a flaming sword and whip. The creature’s identity is immediately obvious: Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, has come to Kenabres!

As the ground shakes and disgorges demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clash above. Timmy lunges away from Tellos; whether he is attempting to escape, to help someone else, or to retrieve his gear will be forever unclear as a marilith slices him in half with a casual brutality. Above you, the fight between Khorramzadeh and Terendelev is over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cuts deep into the dragon's body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arresting her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spirals downward toward the crowd.

The sight of the dragon smashing into the façade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness will ever forget. At that moment, a titanic demon erupts at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashes into this world. The roof Rung is standing on is suddenly no longer there and he tumbles toward the ground. The rift the demon created shoots across the plaza, and Rung's fall suddenly looks much farther, but those of you still on the ground also find the ground beneath your feet crumbling.

Even as you fall, you see the dragon stretch out a bleeding talon toward you, uttering arcane words. You feel her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remains as inexorable, and as you drift downward into the depths, the last thing you see is the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head falls, the rift above you slams shut, and the light of the world above is gone.

You come back to yourself minutes later. The sounds of coughing, moans of pain, and rocks clattering, as well as the choking smell of dust, become apparent as your senses seem to return, but it remains pitch black. Feeling around in the darkness, you feel rubble all around you and realize that your bodies are covered in dirt. Despite your general aches and pains, you don’t seem to have actual damage.

A male voice speaks arcane words, and a light as bright as a torch flares into existence. The voice speaks the same words again, and again in tones of consternation, and finally says, “Ah…my magic doesn’t seem to be working. Could someone make a light?”

http://s32.postimg.org/xrxihwu2d/Wot_R_Starting_Cave.jpg is the area you've fallen into. The light source is a small rock on the ground near the elf northeast of the other two strangers.

Novabomb
2016-05-21, 09:46 PM
Tellos had just drawn his blade, preparing to meet his end with honor, when the floor gave way. Fortunately he somehow keep ahold of it in the fall.

When he recovers from the landing he calls out Oakland, are you still with me? He then tries to stand.

flat_footed
2016-05-21, 10:09 PM
Kel

Trying to deny to himself the significance of what just happened, Kel slowly brushes his hands over himself to remove the dirt and focuses on immediate worries. What just happened? Why did the dragon spare me? Has Kenabres been overrun? Eyes and thoughts suddenly blinded by a surge of light, Kel raises a hand to shield his face, though it quickly winks out. Groaning, Kel tosses his cloak to the ground and shakes the dirt from his hair. Without the hood blocking his vision and hearing, Kel slowly moves towards where the light originated and calls out.

"Are there any others alive?"

Kel is slowly shuffling towards the man who cast the light, with his arms stretched out in front of him.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-21, 10:09 PM
"The Kite," Rung mumbled, staring up in shock. "It's- it's gone. And Terendelev. And the Cathedral. All gone."
He turned to the others, worry written on his face - all but panicked. "What do we do now?"

Ionbound
2016-05-21, 10:57 PM
As the battle begins, Alexia leaps from her seat, all traces of former tiredness having vanished. She scrounges a spear, and charges into battle, psionically blinking forwards to engage the enemy but as it becomes more and more obvious the battle is lost, she begins to fall back. In a desperate, million-to-one chance to change the tide and save Terendelev, takes a javelin from the ground and hurls it at the Balor. Unfortunately, even holy Iomedae herself must bow to the laws of chance, and the javelin flies wide as the ground collapses beneath Alexia and she falls into the pit.

When she comes to, she shakes her head and scrounges around, muttering to herself, "Dammit, Terendelev...You should have survived this, not us. Benevolent to the end, I suppose..." then gasps as she finds her gear with her hands and calls in response to the demand for light, "Hold on, I've got a lantern here! Give me a moment." After hurriedly strapping her armor on, she ignites the hooded lantern and holds it high, hopefully illuminating a slightly more positive scene that what she saw last.

Yawielas
2016-05-22, 04:07 AM
Runa

The explosion of the Kite startled Runa, and she watches wide eyed as the dragon ascends to fight the giant demon. She draws her sword and straps her shield to her arm as the ground erupts with more fiends, moving away from the wall she was leaning on just as it begins to crumble. "Noooo!" She sees the dragon fall and tries to make her way there as there's suddenly nothing more to stand on. Tumbling through debris, she desperately grasps for anything to hold on to, before eveything turns dark.

Coughing, she digs herself out of dirt and dust, still clinging to her weapon. At the sound of a voice, Runa realises she's not alone, wherever she is. "Hello? Yes...light....I have a lantern as well, unless it broke in the fall." She searches for her backpack to retrieve her lamp.

JanusJones
2016-05-22, 02:13 PM
ARROW

He pulled his scarf higher over his ruined mouth as he staggered up. The bow would be no good in this muck - he clenched his fist, ran fingers over the studs on his knuckles.

Lights glimmered. He kept his back to a wall, and his eyes peeled. The voices could be anyone ... anything.

Perception: [dice]1d20+8[roll]

Kish
2016-05-22, 04:34 PM
The voice that cast the light spell turns out to come from a male elf in tattered robes. It's quickly apparent why he didn't realize his spell had worked--you remember seeing him take a glancing blow from Khorramzadeh's flaming whip, and his face where his eyes used to be is a mass of burns. "Who's there? Someone make a light," he says with increasingly urgency.

Oakland does not appear to have fallen into the cavern with you. A young woman in leather armor with a bow has; she looks up at the cavern, most of which is to her east, and calls, "My leg's stuck. Could someone help me out here?"

"Gah! Someone help me up!" bellows a middle-aged human man in what was apparently, a few minutes ago, quite expensive clothing. It looks like his injuries are superficial.

Novabomb
2016-05-22, 05:06 PM
Tellos
I pray for your survival friend
He moves over to the trapped woman, and attempts to use his sword as a lever.
Alright miss, drag clear on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3.

Strength Check to raise the pinning material
[roll0]

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-22, 06:48 PM
Rung shakes his head, chasing away the shadows. People are hurting.
He sees that someone has already gone to help the trapped one, so he scurries over to the Wizard. "Sir? Are you alright?"

Ionbound
2016-05-22, 07:45 PM
Alexia spares the older man a glance and says, "Get yourself up. You'll heal in a day or two, if that. You're fine, unlike the other two," as she hustles over to the woman with her leg trapped, shaking her head at Tellos and says, "Just lift with me. We don't need the sword. And losing a leg, while better than being stuck down here, is probably not what we're going for." With that, she braces herself and heaves, trying to lift the debris on raw

Strength Check: [roll0]

flat_footed
2016-05-22, 11:09 PM
Kel moves towards where the woman as well, seeing an obvoius need for aid. As they lift together, he bends down to pull the woman to safety. Careful to lift her carefully, he slides her out gently.

[roll0]

Yawielas
2016-05-23, 02:10 AM
Runa

Runa brushes off most of the grit and dust, and moves over to the middle aged man to help him up. "Here, sir, take my hand." She looks around to see if anyone else is in need of assistance, as the elven wizard and the trapped woman is being tended to.

JanusJones
2016-05-23, 05:28 AM
ARROW

The small man joined the effort to free the pinned woman. He says nothing, and he keeps as far as he can from the others.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Kish
2016-05-23, 09:12 AM
The four of you manage to remove the rock from the woman's leg. "Thank you." She offers you a smile. "I'm Anevia Tirabade, and I'm AAAARGH!" She tries to put weight on her leg and falls to the cavern floor. "It's broken in at least three places, I'd say," she says through clenched teeth.

"Thank you. I'm glad to see someone--" The rest of what the apparent nobleman was going to say to Runa is lost as the blind elf speaks.

"Someone please make a light, if you can. Surely I'm not the only spellcaster here," he says.

"You're blind, you idiot!" the nobleman yells.

"Ah, Horgus Gwerm," Anevia says from the floor of the cavern, not yelling but not speaking particularly quietly either. "Top of the list of people I would have chosen to be stuck with."

Novabomb
2016-05-23, 10:33 AM
Tellos
Does anyone here know how to make a splint?

Ionbound
2016-05-23, 11:24 AM
Alexia frowns and says, "Sorry, can't help with that...But what I can do is try to find a way out of here." She looks around the cavern, trying to find a way back to the surface.

Yawielas
2016-05-23, 02:12 PM
Runa

She helps the man up, and shakes her head apologetically towards Tellos. "Afraid I don't know much about broken bones, other than they hurt. Perhaps we could make a stretcher." She lights her lantern and looks around the debris to find something they could use.

flat_footed
2016-05-24, 12:25 AM
Kel

Kel stoops down and assists Anevia to stand again, making sure to stay on the side with the injured leg. "I'm afraid that I don't know much about broken bones.. Perhaps the mage does.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-24, 06:25 AM
Rung puts a hand on the Wizard's shoulder. "Sir. Your spells are working, but the beast above took your sight."
He paused, looking at the mass of burns. Infection could be a problem here. Drawing a starknife, he began slicing his cloak into strips for bandages. "It'll be alright. We'll get aboveground and get you to the church. They can heal you.

JanusJones
2016-05-24, 09:45 AM
ARROW

The scoff was barely audible, but it was there. It was clear the little man in the hood thought the idea that the church was still there ridiculous.

Arrow shuffled away from the group. He kept close enough - there was strength in numbers. He scanned the periphery. They'd lit enough of a light - he'd rather keep his hands free. He drew his bow.

[roll]1d20+8[roll]

JanusJones
2016-05-24, 09:46 AM
[dice]1d20+8[dice] Argh!

Kish
2016-05-24, 10:02 AM
"Blind?" the elf repeats. "Oh...how strange, I don't feel...I'm Aravashnial, and even blind I'm probably more experienced at this than anyone else here. Who else is here? Tell me what you can do."

"No one here knows how to splint a broken leg, huh?" Anevia struggles back to a standing position, leaning on the rocks and resting her weight on her good leg. "I'll...manage somehow."

Anyone can attempt to splint her leg with a Heal check. Note that while it would take a Regenerate spell, or a lot of time, to heal her leg fully, any healing magic can make it significantly better than it is now. Similarly, Aravashnial will need a Regenerate spell to ever see again, but less powerful healing magic could heal much of the damage he's taken.

A passage leads out of the cavern to the east.

You hear a distinct sound of chewing.

You're pretty sure it's coming from the large spider corpse on the east side of the cavern.

Yawielas
2016-05-24, 10:32 AM
Runa

Runa answers the elven mage:"I'm Runa Sigridsdottir, I'm a swordswoman. I can smith as well, but I don't think that'll be of much use in this situation..." She tilts her head, listening to something. "What's that sound?" She looks towards the large spider carcass.

Ionbound
2016-05-24, 11:46 AM
Alexia ***** her head, and replies to Runa, "Yeah, I hear it too...It sounds like something is chewing on something...I don't know where it's coming from, though." But she follows Runa's gaze to the spider corpse and says, "Maybe scavengers?" as she walks over and prods it with her spear from a clear distance.

I assume a reach weapon would be able to probe something from a Reach range, yes?

JanusJones
2016-05-24, 12:32 PM
ARROW

The hooded man, eyes fixed on the direction of the sound, leverages a stick from the rubble and shuffles over to Anevia's side. He darts a quick look at her face, almost embarrassed, and motions towards her leg.

If she allows it, Heal: [roll0]

After, he shoots a glance on the group, pointing at the corpse of the huge spider in the corner, then the passage out to the East. He nocks an arrow, shoots a quick glance back at the group, then edges forward.

Move Silently: [roll1]

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-24, 05:06 PM
Blithely unaware of anything unusual, Rung washes the Elf's wounds with water from his waterskin and bandages his face.

Heal: [roll0].

Novabomb
2016-05-24, 05:37 PM
Tellos moves alongside Alexia, and places his greatsword in a guard in the general direction she is poking.

flat_footed
2016-05-25, 01:41 PM
Kel

Ears picking up the noise as well, Kel readies his bow towards the spider's corpse. Not wanting to leave her unguarded, though, he stays at Anevia's side and allows the others to close in.

Kish
2016-05-25, 02:28 PM
"So you're a warrior. But I hear other voices. Who are--"

"Even blind, he tries to take charge," Horgus snaps. "You should be quiet and follow for once, elf. You might learn that you don't know everything."

"Ow! I don't think that's working," Anevia says to Arrow. Before anything more can be said, Alexia pokes the spider corpse. It rocks back and forth briefly, then suddenly two massive maggots, each nearly as large as Alexia herself, emerge from it, baring circular mouths full of dripping teeth.

>> Kel’s Initiative: 21
>> Alexia’s Initiative: 19
>> Rung’s Initiative: 19
M1's Initiative: 17
Anevia’s Initiative: 14
Runa’s Initiative: 13
Tellos’ Initiative: 8
Aravashnial’s Initiative: 8
Horgus’ Initiative: 6
Arrow’s Initiative: 3
M2's Initiative: 2

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_nKFaMfUtDLexMH-ZDpVtaw89qM-3ARaaPA_m3Wp1x8/edit?usp=sharing). If you have an avatar, that's you; T is Tellos, R is Rung, and M1 and M2 are the two maggots. Kel, Alexia, and Rung are up. Let me know if you have any questions.

flat_footed
2016-05-25, 03:19 PM
Kel

After the chewing sound, Kel was relieved to see it was not further demons. With barely another thought, he loosed an arrow towards one of the hulking monstrosities.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Quickly turning back to Anevia, Kel looks at her leg with concern. "Do you feel like you can move without a splint?"

Ionbound
2016-05-25, 04:59 PM
Alexia swears as the maggots emerge from the corpse, jabbing at one with her spear, trying to shove the rod through it's body.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-25, 05:37 PM
Turning, Rung sent a starknife spinning into the nearest grub.
Accuracy: [roll0].
Damage: [roll1].
Then he pulled Aravashnial to his feet and stepped in front of him. "Maggots. Big ones. Stay behind me."

Kish
2016-05-25, 05:50 PM
Kel's arrow sinks deep into one of the maggots. Alexia skewers the other one, who twitches and stops moving volitionally. Rung throws a starknife at the surviving maggot, and Anevia fires an arrow at it, but both fly wide. It lunges forward and attempts to bite Alexia.

Kel's arrow breaks and is unrecoverable on a 1: [roll0]
Anevia's arrow breaks and is unrecoverable on a 1: [roll1]
Maggot attack: [roll2] Critical threat check: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] Critical damage: [roll5]
>> Runa’s Initiative: 13
>> Tellos’ Initiative: 8
Aravashnial’s Initiative: 8
Horgus’ Initiative: 6
Arrow’s Initiative: 3
Kel’s Initiative: 21
Alexia’s Initiative: 19
Rung’s Initiative: 19
M1's Initiative: 17
Anevia’s Initiative: 14

Runa and Tellos are up.

Ionbound
2016-05-25, 05:53 PM
Alexia reels back from the maggot, smacking it's head away with the blunt end of her spear as she steadies herself to attack again.

Just adding a little bit of fluff to the maggot missing.

Kish
2016-05-25, 07:29 PM
Tellos cuts the maggot in half with his greatsword, spraying slime in an arc. "Urk," Horgus says. "What disgusting things. What other horrors does this subterranean hell hold?"

"The maggots are dead, Aravashnial. We're safe for the moment," Anevia says. "I've lost most of my arrows, and I don't seem to be in much of a position to contribute in melee either. Would anyone happen to have extra arrows? If I have to walk on it I'll manage somehow, but give me a minute, I'll rig some kind of splint for it myself."

60 XP each.

Looking toward the east, you notice five silver scales, each the size of Arendin's hand, scattered about the floor.

Novabomb
2016-05-25, 07:31 PM
Tellos takes a single step and swings his blade horizontally.

I rolled in the OOC thread, next time I will put it in the post.

flat_footed
2016-05-25, 07:50 PM
Kel

"I should have enough arrows to serve you." Kel removes the requisite number of arrows and assists her in setting her own splint, with rope if needed.

Assist Other for Anevia's Heal check.

Ionbound
2016-05-25, 09:08 PM
Alexia takes a deep breath once the maggots are dead, and casts her eyes around the cavern, settling on a glittering pile to the east. She strolls over, and picks up one of the scales, saying to the others, "Huh...Silver scales...Perhaps the last unmolested remains of Terendelev. We should take these with us...If nothing else, to make some kind of memorial to those lost, should we survive."

Kish
2016-05-25, 09:14 PM
You'll need to be more specific than that. She has only four arrows left in her quiver; she'll take as many as you give her.

When Alexia picks up the scale, she feels a sudden, overpowering sense of sadness mixed with a fierce determination. She realizes that as long as she only has one of the scales in her possession, the scale will let her cast levitate three times per day.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-25, 09:25 PM
Once more unaware, Rung picks his way past the maggots' corpses to retrieve his starknife.

Novabomb
2016-05-25, 09:32 PM
Tellos Grimaces at the gore that erupts. He attempts to wipe off as much as he can, but will hold off on using the water from his canteen given the lack of available resources.
Indeed. How many of us are there...9? We should do a sweep for unconscious survivors. He then starts a slow methodical walk around the cavern looking for bodies (hoping for more survivors)

Yawielas
2016-05-26, 04:07 AM
Runa

Runa had started moving towards the carcass when the maggotts burst from it, and before she's reached them, they're both taken care of by the others. In stead, she also looks around for more survivors. She doesn't see the scales, nor much of anything else. Turning to the woman with the broken leg, she says:"I can carry you."

JanusJones
2016-05-26, 10:28 AM
ARROW

Arrow nodded to himself at the quick work the archer and swordsman made of the maggots. They could fight, at least. It was safer together.

Seeing the exchange between the archer and the wounded girl, Arrow awkwardly shuffles forward and sets a small bundle of arrows next to the elf. He then moves to the east, picking up the discarded scales with a curt nod to Alexia.

His bow is in his gauntleted fist.

Perception: [roll0] to notice and grab the scales; assuming I notice them without the roll because Alexia brought them to everyone's attention.

Kish
2016-05-26, 10:36 AM
When you pick up one of the scales, you feel a sudden, overpowering sense of sadness mixed with a fierce determination. You realize that as long as you have only one of the scales, the scale will let you cast alter self three times per day as a standard action, and when it's active you'll be better at deceiving evil creatures (+4 to Bluff checks against any evil-aligned creature).

flat_footed
2016-05-26, 11:45 AM
Kel

"Arrows left in a quiver do no one any good. It may come to it that you will need to fight as well, depending on what else we may find down here. I would not want you to be unable to defend yourself at a distance." Nodding to Arrow, Kel adds some arrows of his own to the pile and loads them into her quiver. Straightening up, he looks over to where a few of the others have also spied the scales. Curiosity piques as he wanders towards them, taking a scale in his hand.

Kel's eyes take in the cavern in its entirety, wondering just how far they fell and where they could go from here. He starts to pay closer attention to cracks and crevices to see where it is they can go from here.
Looking around to see which way to go/anything useful in the cavern.
[roll0]

Turning back to the group, Kel takes stock of who he was saved with. He cannot recognize anyone who was around him when the world fell apart, so it seemed to reason that the dragon had saved certain people for a reason, but what could it be? Obviously, some of them were more fortunate than others. Taking a deep breath, Kel addresses the group.

"My name is Kel M'eras. This was my first time in Kenabres, though I cannot say why I was saved with you all. When the maggots were attacking, we all joined together to combat it, which means something I suppose." He takes a deep breath. "I won't let your dragon's gift go to waste."

Kish
2016-05-26, 11:53 AM
As you pick up the scale, you feel a sudden, overpowering sense of sadness mixed with a fierce determination. You realize that as long as you have only one of the scales, the scale will let you cast align weapon three times per day, but only to make a weapon lawful or good.

Attempting to figure out the passages is less satisfying. You briefly think the way back to Kenabres is straight down before the ludicrousness of this idea snaps you out of it. You are saved, however, by observing that unless one of your companions has far more powerful magic than they have yet revealed, the only way you can go from here is east.

Ionbound
2016-05-26, 01:42 PM
Alexia intakes breath sharply as she picks up the scale and says, "These...These are magical! We need to figure out what they all do. You two...I don't think I've introduced myself. My name is Alexia Valence. You picked up scales, right? What do they do?" as she picks up the remaining two scales in turn.

flat_footed
2016-05-26, 02:07 PM
Kel

Well met, Alexia. These scales seem to be an extension of the dragon, more so than a lost piece. Mine seems to instill the dragon's will into a weapon, aligning it on the side of both good and righteousness.. What does yours do, and does holding more of the dragon's will intensify the effect?" Kel's eyes meet Alexia's and a thought crosses his mind. "I wonder what would happen if someone held them all?"

My scale allows Align Weapon to be cast 3/day for either Lawful or Good.

Yawielas
2016-05-26, 02:10 PM
Runa

Curious, Runa moves over to the people holding the scales to see what they are talking about. "Are those from the dragon?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-26, 02:29 PM
Rung returns and joins the group. "Hey," he says after a moment. "Er - hi. I'm - uh - Rung. What are you all looking at?"

flat_footed
2016-05-26, 02:40 PM
Kel

Turning to Runa, Kel nods. "Near as I can tell, yes. I don't understand it, but I can almost feel a certain sense of sadness and determination radiating from it." He offers her the scale. "I wonder if the scale's magic changes depending on the person holding it, or if it stays the same."

JanusJones
2016-05-26, 02:42 PM
Runa

Curious, Runa moves over to the people holding the scales to see what they are talking about. "Are those from the dragon?"

ARROW

Arrow gestures at the scales, nodding to Rung. He points to the passageway East, then mumbles, almost too quietly to be heard beneath the heavy scarf wrapped around his nose and mouth:

"Arrow. Dunno wat's comin'. 'Ee shud move, yeh ken?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-26, 02:53 PM
"Good to-" Rung broke off, staring into space. "You- you're right. We need to get moving; the city is probably burning right now. Come on."
Weapon drawn, Rung advanced down the corridor.

flat_footed
2016-05-26, 03:12 PM
Kel

"Wait!" Kel grabs Rung's shoulder and stops him. "We need to figure out how we're all going to make it back to the surface. The mage is blind, Anevia's leg is shattered and that man seems like he's going to be a handful." Kel's voice starts to raise as he point out each of the three in turn (Aravashnial, Anevia and Horgus). "Those of us that can defend ourselves and assist them have an obligation to do so. If we're going to make it back to the city, we need to do it together. If there's any magic in the scales, we need to know what it is and how it can help us."

Kel now turns to the people who hold a scale. "Is there healing magic in any of these scales? Or at least something that could help Anevia walk?"

Kish
2016-05-26, 04:47 PM
As you pick up each of the remaining scales, you feel the same sense of sadness and determination, but you know they will not work for you as long as you hold more than one of them. One scale will cast resist elements three times per day, but only to resist cold or electricity. Another will cast enlarge person three times per day. And the last will cast gust of wind three times per day.

JanusJones
2016-05-26, 08:33 PM
ARROW

Arrow shoots a dark look at Kel as his voice rises, then hunches lower, sinking into his cloak. He moves further down the tunnel, speaking in a hoarse whisper.

"Sumbody kerry tha' gel. Them twose as kin' walk, let'em 'elp 'er. But keep shut - 'ee dinna' ken wat's down 'eer."

He scuttles forward, taking point.

[roll0]

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-26, 09:20 PM
Rung is torn with indecision for a moment.
"We'll scout on ahead," he whispers to the others before following close on Arrow's heels.

Novabomb
2016-05-26, 10:29 PM
Tellos finishes his sweep of the surroundings and determines there are no other survivors. I assume the DM would have spoken up about this otherwise

EDIT: I am Tellos Knight in Training. Unless you object I will take the fore for non-scouting operations. Let us go. Tellos will give the scouts a 3 minute lead (About 900 hundred feet at normal move speed) before following.

Yawielas
2016-05-27, 12:15 AM
Runa

The blonde woman turns to Anevia again. "Would you like me to carry you?"

Kish
2016-05-27, 10:21 AM
"I don't think that's the best approach when we might be attacked at any time and you'll need your hands free--thank you, though." Anevia smiles at Runa and carefully puts her splinted leg on the ground. "I'll manage."

"Are we finished coddling the thief? Can we go?" Horgus snaps.

Note, to alleviate any OOC confusion, that "thief" here is not a class name--it means the same thing it would in the real world.

You quickly come to a smaller cavern which appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bed roll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite.

Moving with either or both of Anevia and Aravashnial will reduce your movement to 15 feet per round.

JanusJones
2016-05-27, 12:54 PM
ARROW

The hooded man lights a lantern and looks askance at Rung. "D'yer wan' tha' bow, 'er are ye quick with yer' 'ands?" He hefts it, looking meaningfully at the man's equipment.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

Ionbound
2016-05-27, 01:08 PM
Alexia shakes her head as she goes through the scales, and announces, "Alright." She indicates the three scales in turn, saying, "This scales lets you resist cold or electricity three times a day, this one lets you enlarge someone three times a day, and this one lets you create a gust of wind three times a day. And the one I'm holding now lets me levitate, also three times per day. We all should take one, as they don't work if you hold more than one."

flat_footed
2016-05-27, 01:32 PM
Kel

Kel notes the shadowed look from Arrow, though is confused by it. Was it what I said or how I said it? I suppose sound carries further than we're used to down here as well and I could be revealing us to anything down here. A wry smile appears on Kel's face. Or perhaps he got a good look at my face. Well, let them look if that's the case!

Half listening to Alexia, he is jostled out of his thoughts by one word. "Levitation?" Kel turns to Aravashnial. "Is there any way a levitation spell could aid us in moving Anevia, or even yourself?" A thoughtful look shows on the elf's face. "Though you cannot see it, your light spell worked just as well as when you had your sight. What other spells had you prepared that you can cast without seeing?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-27, 04:31 PM
ARROW

The hooded man lights a lantern and looks askance at Rung. "D'yer wan' tha' bow, 'er are ye quick with yer' 'ands?" He hefts it, looking meaningfully at the man's equipment.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]
"Um. I've never used one before. I'll stick to my knives, thanks."
Rung looks at the bones on the ground, poking one of them with the toe of his boot.
Perception: [roll0].
Stealth: [roll1].

Yawielas
2016-05-27, 05:14 PM
Runa

Runa nods at Anevia, then looks to Alexia. "I can carry one, but I've no experience with magic." She holds out her hand to take any one of the scales.

Novabomb
2016-05-27, 08:37 PM
Tellos Calling back since he is taking point of the visible party, and is a couple move actions ahead.
Mr Gwerm, you should have some compassion. Were it you who were injured, wouldn't you want assistance?

Ionbound
2016-05-27, 09:20 PM
Alexia nods to Runa, and asks, "Which one do you want?"

Kish
2016-05-27, 09:21 PM
"Fortunately, I'm a conjuration specialist. If someone tells me what we're fighting, I can direct the creatures I can summon to attack them."

"I am nothing like her," Horgus snaps.

"Right," Anevia agrees with weary irony.

It occurs to you that this gear could likely be useful. You see three candle stubs, a bent fishhook, ten feet of badly frayed rope, an orange-colored brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom.
You're quickly distracted by the large, pale snake watching you from the east side of the campsite.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-27, 09:48 PM
Rung grasps at Arrow's shoulder. "A snake - over there. What should we do?"

Novabomb
2016-05-27, 10:29 PM
Tellos
Very well then. Is your contempt for her so great that you would wish her end?

Yawielas
2016-05-28, 01:46 AM
Runa

Runa answers Alexia:"Whichever you don't want. Enlarge, maybe?"

flat_footed
2016-05-28, 12:48 PM
Kel

A small smile graces Kel's face as he hears Aravashnial's words. "Our progress is limited by your sight and Anevia's leg. Is there a creature you can summon who could help speed your progress? Either a beast of burden or anything that could carry you."

The smile turns into a grimace as Kel hears Horgus' words. "There's no helping his kind, Tellos. He doesn't seem to understand who we were up there doesn't matter when it's a fight for our lives."

Ionbound
2016-05-28, 01:29 PM
Alexia frowns and says, "Enlarge is the one I want, actually...How about Levitate?"

Yawielas
2016-05-28, 03:06 PM
Runa

Runa nods. "Sure, levitate is good. I guess we're off then." She looks towards where the two scouts went ahead, and says:"I think the injured should walk in the middle, I can take the rear."

JanusJones
2016-05-29, 12:13 AM
Rung grasps at Arrow's shoulder. "A snake - over there. What should we do?"

ARROW

Arrow twitches, draws and nocks, then holds. His breath lets out in a barely audible whisper

"Gimme a good'un afer ye' close wit'it."

Readied action to let fly if any aggressive action is taken by Rung or the snake.

GreyStormcrow
2016-05-29, 01:52 AM
ARROW

Arrow twitches, draws and nocks, then holds. His breath lets out in a barely audible whisper

"Gimme a good'un afer ye' close wit'it."

Readied action to let fly if any aggressive action is taken by Rung or the snake.
With a hesitant nod, Rung gulps and slowly approaches the snake. He is careful to approach from the side to make sure Arrow has a shot.
"Can you understand me, Mr. Snake? We need to get to the surface."

Ionbound
2016-05-29, 07:54 AM
Alexia nods and steps forwards, saying, "I'll take point, unless anyone else wants to go in front."

Kish
2016-05-29, 06:02 PM
If Horgus was going to respond to Tellos' question, he doesn't do so before Tellos disappears ahead of you. Aravashnial says, "Unfortunately, summoning spells last for less than a minute. Useful for combat, not so much for anything else."

flat_footed
2016-05-29, 06:55 PM
Kel

"Damn, alright. Slow and steady it is." Kel steals a glance down the passage where the others have scouted ahead and turns to Runa. "Injured in the middle is fine for me. I'll help guide Aravashnial's steps if you want to follow just behind me." Kel shoulders his bow and draws his scimitar with one fluid movement, offering his free arm to the blinded elf.

"Take my arm and focus on my words and I'll help to guide you back to the light. Should there be further conflict, I will do what I can to help you direct your creatures."

Kish
2016-05-29, 07:45 PM
The snake hisses and makes a rattling noise as it rises and bares fangs dripping with poison.

It's clearly a venomous snake, not a constrictor. Those are more aggressive, but should still not be eager for confrontation with creatures who they don't regard as food, like humanoids. Unfortunately, this one appears to have sustained minor injuries in the recent rockfall, which has put it in a really bad mood.
You catch up with your two scouts, and those of you who started moving after Tellos catch up with Tellos, at a smaller cavern which appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bed roll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite. Arrow and Rung are facing off with a large, pale snake.

First, Arrow can shoot at the snake. Then we have effectively an Arrow/Rung/Tellos/snake-only round. Then everyone can act.

>> Arrow: 22
Snake: 17
Rung: 16
Aravashnial: 14
Horgus: 14
Tellos: 14
Anevia: 13
Kel: 8
Runa: 7
Alexia: 3

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_nKFaMfUtDLexMH-ZDpVtaw89qM-3ARaaPA_m3Wp1x8/edit?usp=sharing). Arrow takes one attack, and then his normal action before the snake is up.

Novabomb
2016-05-29, 10:27 PM
Tellos
Is that you guys? I was expecting you to be further along, did you find something?

JanusJones
2016-05-31, 12:41 PM
ARROW

Arrow nods at the snake, not taking his eyes from it.

"'Tis injured. Ready yerself."

He waits to see if his shaft needs to be loosed.

Ionbound
2016-05-31, 01:36 PM
Alexia smiles as she sees the scouts, opening her mouth to say something, but with a glance at the snake, she readies herself in case action needs to be taken.

Yawielas
2016-05-31, 01:49 PM
Runa

When Runa is close enough to see the snake, she draws her sword and steps up beside the two wounded people, ready to defend.

Novabomb
2016-05-31, 05:29 PM
Tellos draws his blade, but not act until it is clear the situation cannot be resolved an alternate way.

JanusJones
2016-05-31, 06:17 PM
ARROW

Arrows looses a shaft as the snake begins to close with Rung.

To Hit: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]

JanusJones
2016-06-02, 06:38 AM
ARROW

Another shaft is loosed before the thing can move.

To Hit: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Kish
2016-06-02, 10:24 AM
Both Arrow's arrows stick in the snake, who lunges to bite Rung.

Attack: [roll0] Critical threat confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Critical damage: [roll3]
If it hits, make a Fortitude save.

Rung, Tellos, and Arrow are up.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-02, 02:07 PM
Rung swings at the snake with his knife before retreating back with a 5-foot step, still facing the snake.

To-hit:[roll0].
Damage:[roll1].

Novabomb
2016-06-02, 05:30 PM
Tellos stabs at the snake, not wanting to make large swings in the close quarters with his new found allies.See OOC thread for actions

Kish
2016-06-02, 05:30 PM
Tellos cuts down the snake. Unfortunately, Aravashnial and Anevia are too far back to be healed.

120 XP each.

flat_footed
2016-06-04, 09:32 AM
Kel

Kel slowly walks into the room, guiding Aravashnial's steps. Progress is slow, and relief shows on his face when he sees the others waiting for them. Seeing the body of the snake and many weapons still readied, Kel studies the area around them all carefully.

[roll0]

Ionbound
2016-06-04, 10:03 AM
Alexia relaxes herself as she surverys the room and says, "Well done, friends." She takes a deep breath then nods and says, "Onwards and upwards, I think. No point stopping here."

Kish
2016-06-04, 01:41 PM
Kel sees three candle stubs, a bent fishhook, ten feet of badly frayed rope, and an orange-colored brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom. It seems likely that whatever camped here was humanoid, and had some use for light. Ahead of you, fourteen feet up the wall, you see a backpack dangling from a ledge.

Yawielas
2016-06-04, 02:05 PM
Runa

Runa takes her place at the back again as they move on, keeping a look out behind them from time to time.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-04, 03:28 PM
Rung loots the camp, just as he was taught to do back with the Guild.
He also attempts to retrieve the backpack. If climbing fails, he attempts to sever its strap with a thrown Starknife.
Climb: [roll0].
Attack: [roll1].

Kish
2016-06-04, 03:37 PM
"Wait," Anevia says sharply as Rung falls back to the ground and pulls out a starknife. "If there's anything useful in it it that isn't broken already, it might break. Runa, you can levitate up to get it, right? Ah, there's a backpack up there," she adds to Aravashnial. "Looks like it got caught on an outcropping."

"I think I recognize your voice, but I'm not sure. Who are you?"

"Anevia Tirabade."

Aravashnial's face twists, looking displeased. "Tirabade?"

"Irabeth's wife."

"This is all very fascinating, I'm sure, but we shouldn't be delaying," Horgus booms. "We all want to get back to our probably dead loved ones, right?"

Yawielas
2016-06-04, 03:47 PM
Runa

Runa steps forward again, pulling the scale from her belt pouch. Looking up at the backpack, she answers Anevia:"Yes, I guess I can. Do I say anything specific to get it to work?"

Ionbound
2016-06-04, 03:50 PM
Alexia sighs and says, "Right. It's nice that Terendelev gave me my gear, because..." She rummages in her pack, producing a grappling hook a length of finely-made silk rope, "I'm always prepared." She whirls the hook around her head, tossing it at the ledge, close enough that it could be climbed up to the pack, but far enough away that it would be extremely unlikely to damage the pack and it's contents."

flat_footed
2016-06-04, 04:24 PM
Kel

"Another fight; a snake it looks like. Do you have any idea what else might be lurking under the city? They were able to handle it without issue it seems. No one appears to be injured." Kel's gaze locks on a few things around the abandoned campsite and he excuses himself from Aravashnial for a moment, leading him to a wall to lean on/sit against.

Walking amid the debris, Kel wonders who or what had spent time here. It had clearly been before the demonic assault, though he wondered if they would be friendly or *THUMP*
Rung's feet hit the ground hard as he tried to climb up to the backpack and was unable to find purchase on the wall. Bending low again, Kel picks out the small brooch, wondering what significance it may have. Kel stands up, in time to see Rung draw his arm back to cut through the backpack. Anevia's arm snaps forward and stops him, to Kel's relief. He walks forward to the pair as they are joined by Alexia.

Survival Check: Trying to gauge how long ago the creature was using the campsite, if it was recent or long ago.

JanusJones
2016-06-05, 12:57 AM
ARROW

The small man retrieves his arrows from the snake's corpse as the others explore the area. He nods to Tellos, then takes up a point position and awaits the others.

Kish
2016-06-05, 07:58 AM
You should be able to levitate by concentration.

Throwing the grappling hook successfully requires a DC 12 Use Rope check.

Yawielas
2016-06-05, 08:36 AM
Runa

She tries to focus on levitating, holding the scale in both hands.

Kish
2016-06-05, 08:39 AM
Runa rises toward the ceiling on a pillar of fog. She's able to reach the pack. Above it, a ray of light comes through a tiny fissure remaining from the surface.

The pack appears to be a crusader's backpack. It contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, and two flasks of unknown liquid.

Yawielas
2016-06-05, 08:45 AM
Runa

Runa brings the backpack back down, and opens it, taking out the contents. "More arrows, that's good. Food, oil, caltrops, flint and steel... I don't know what these are, potions of some sort?" She points to two bottles of liquid.

flat_footed
2016-06-05, 03:20 PM
Kel

They may be, though there's no way for me to tell... Even with his sight gone, Aravashnial may be able to tell us." Kel stoops down and grabs both bottles, walking them over to the blinded elf.

"Aravashnial, there were two bottles found in the backpack. If you're willing, do you think you could identify them? If not by sight, then by taste? I saw once my-" Kel swallows hard before continuing, "-my parents do that. My mom always said healing potions tasted of almonds." A wistful smile creeps across Kel's lips as he remembers better days, long since past.

"We're all in this together, down here. Whatever Anevia's name may have meant to you before doesn't matter. We have to be able to trust each other."

Novabomb
2016-06-05, 05:14 PM
Tellos

If people came down here, that means there must be a way out.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-05, 05:21 PM
"Is that really safe? What if it's a poison?" Rung asks. "Wouldn't it be safer for one of the uninjured to taste it?"

flat_footed
2016-06-05, 06:46 PM
Kel

"It should be safe, as long as it's only enough to get the taste. If one of these can heal the wounded, I think it's worth trying. I'd do it myself, but I have no idea what tastes to look for."

Kish
2016-06-06, 08:25 AM
"Hm, well, I'll try." Aravashnial takes the bottles carefully, unstoppers them, and sniffs at them. "I'm...Without seeing them, I can't be sure, I'm afraid." He sighs.

"If we're done trying to let the conspiracy theorist feel useful, could we possibly move on?" Horgus snaps. "You want to get back to your wife, don't you, thief? In the unlikely event she survived the attack?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-06, 09:35 AM
Rung flinched for a moment, before realizing who he was talking to.

Ionbound
2016-06-06, 04:07 PM
Alexa grumbles as her grappling hook misses, and listens idly to the arguments for a little while before saying, "Right. Here's what we're going to do. You," She points at Horgus, "Are going to shut the hells up until we get to the surface, because I am sick and tired of listening to your constant complaining. You're lucky to be alive: Act like it." She takes a deep breath, almost a half-yawn, then continues, "And as for everyone, we're going to not sit here for two hours pissing about back and forth on whether or not these potions are safe. Gods know what's going on on the surface but if there's any chance that we can help anyone, we need to keep moving, as fast as possible."

Kish
2016-06-06, 06:22 PM
"That's what I said," mutters Horgus, unrepressed.

JanusJones
2016-06-06, 06:46 PM
ARROW

The small man peer into the darkness ahead, arrow nocked. When the chatter behind him dies down with Alexa's outburst, he turns and gives her a curt nod, looking to Rung to see if he'll be joined again on point.

flat_footed
2016-06-06, 07:40 PM
Kel

"Agreed. Onwards and upwards."

Kel will take the same place in line with Aravashnial second from the back.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-06, 07:50 PM
Rung joins Arrow at the front, somewhat bolstered by their success with the snake. While things surely weren't too bad on the surface, they should probably still get there.

Ionbound
2016-06-06, 09:56 PM
Alexa glares at Horgus warningly, but nods to the others and takes the same position she had, continuing the march upwards.

Novabomb
2016-06-07, 05:26 PM
Once again, Tellos will give the scouts a 3 min lead before following.

Kish
2016-06-09, 10:50 AM
You come to a fork. The path you've been following bends sharply to the right (south). To the left (north), there is a large gap in the wall, easily large enough to accommodate any of you. A disturbing, unwholesome green light spills through the gap, and you can see a large and obviously constructed building.

flat_footed
2016-06-09, 11:10 AM
Kel

"There seems to be an unnatural green glow ahead. I know you cannot see it, but if you sense anything from it let me know. Lose one sense and the rest grow stronger, as they say."

Ionbound
2016-06-09, 11:29 AM
Alexa shudders as she sees the Green Light, but takes a deep breath and readies her spear, moving to the front of the group and looks into the gap the green light is spilling from, wanting to see what's inside and whether or not it might be dangerous.

Spot Cheque: [roll0]

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-09, 11:48 AM
Keeping his back up against one of the stone walls, Rung peeks around the corner at the glow.
Perception:1d20+3.

Kish
2016-06-09, 12:13 PM
A single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of this 30-foot-high cave, a bunkerlike structure with no windows and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a hammer decorates the building's facade. The ruins of collapsed outbuildings stand to either side. The disturbing green light seems to be coming from the building itself.

The symbol in the carving is that of Torag.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-09, 05:25 PM
"Hey!" Rung exclaims happily. "I recognize that symbol! That's Torag's mark. Come on, guys - we should be safe here!"
Rung boldly strides into the room.

Ionbound
2016-06-09, 05:49 PM
Alexia chases after Rung, trying to stop him, saying, "Wait! Look at the glow! Something bad might've happened here. Be cautious!"

Yawielas
2016-06-10, 12:47 AM
Runa

Relieved to see Torag's mark, although somewhat unnerved by the strange, green light, Runa moves forward cautiously. "Did the whole temple fall down, or was this here before? I was in Torag's temple this morning..."

Kish
2016-06-11, 10:44 AM
The temple is distinctly not the same as the temple of Torag in Kenabres. From the looks of the ceiling, you don't think there was a cave-in here recently.

JanusJones
2016-06-11, 12:23 PM
ARROW

Arrow's stopped near the break. He watches as the others peer in, then Rung enters, followed by Alexia. He hesitates a moment, then calls after them, his voice hoarse with the tension of trying to quiet but reach their ears.

"Ther bin a great big demon attack tha' city, n' we're few. Torag or nae, tha glow canna' mean good, aye hazard. Stay back it!"

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-11, 05:52 PM
Rung comes up short, caution and reason warring with his faith. "Well... What do we do, then? We can't just ignore it!"

Ionbound
2016-06-11, 06:33 PM
Alexia lowers her spear and says, "Oh, I'm going in all right. I just don't expect it to be sanctuary." With that said, she kicks the door open, spear at the ready for whatever might be inside.

Kish
2016-06-11, 06:43 PM
The door does not yield to Alexia's kick; it seems to be stuck.

Horgus looks like he's considering saying something to Kel, but before he does, "I need a minute, my leg's bothering me," Anevia says. She limps over to a bench and sits down.

"She's slowing us down. We should consider splitting up," Horgus snaps.

Anevia glares fiercely at him. "I should have expected someone who was ashamed of his own faith to be unmoved by a defiled temple. You might as well worship demons, Gwerm!"

Horgus briefly looks taken aback, then he scoffs, "The irony of being judged by a thief!"

Anevia falls into black, silent anger.

Whatever kind of bad blood exists between Anevia and Horgus, you think it's an immediate problem for cohesiveness; ignoring it would be a bad idea.

You can attempt a Strength check to open the door.

Ionbound
2016-06-11, 07:50 PM
Alexia glares at the door, and squares up to shove it open, but when Anevia and Horgus start bickering for the third time, at least, she turns around and says authoritatively, "Look, both of you. I don't know what kind of bad blood there is between you, and I don't care. But Iomedae above, if you two don't stop bickering with each other, we'll all die down here. So new rule to the two of you: Neither of you are allowed to say anything about each other. And, so help me Iomedae, the next one of you that breaks that rule is getting left down here! Am I clear? Because I am very much out of patience with both of you at this point."

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-11, 09:19 PM
Mentally dismissing the argument as nothing important, Rung carefully looks the door up and down, searching for hinges, locks, cracks, or any other vulnerabilities they might exploit.
Perception:[roll0].

flat_footed
2016-06-12, 01:01 AM
Kel looks up sharply at Horgus, with fire in his eyes. He has taken care not to speak to the man before, choosing patience over anger. It is clear now his patience has worn out.
"Mark my words well, Horgus Gwerm. Down here we are nothing, you are nothing. We live together and we die apart. Forces far beyond our understanding are playing for keeps and you're worried about us slowing you down? All you've managed to do so far is complain, which you are quite good at, by the way. Perhaps being Lord Unpleasant mattered before, but down here it counts for less than nothing." Kel takes a deep breath and calms himself. His voice had begun to crescendo as he let out his aggravation. He resumes his steely glare at Horgus.
"The next thing I want to hear out of your mouth better damn well be something that helps us all move forward. If not, well, you may just get your wish to split up after all."

Novabomb
2016-06-12, 04:36 PM
Tellos
Mr Gwerm, though I have not taken my vows yet, I will be swearing to protect the innocent, and punish the wicked. As far as I know this woman has done nothing to deserve the unpleasant death that you are proposing. It sounds as if you are willing to sacrifice the life of someone you do not like for personal gain. I am young, so maybe I misunderstand, explain to me why she deserves to die.

Kish
2016-06-13, 07:30 PM
It looks like the door has no lock. The only way you can think of to get it open with your current resources is brute force.
Horgus briefly looks guilty at Tellos' words, but Kel's and Alexia's seem only to push him toward defensive hostility. "Hmph," he says eloquently.

"Why don't we just focus on getting back to the surface and then we can make sure we never see each other again?" Anevia suggests wearily and ironically.

"Oh, now," Aravashnial says in an oddly conciliatory tone. "I'm sure Lord Gwerm didn't mean anything that would kill any of us."

"I don't need you to defend me, conspiracy theorist," Horgus snaps. "The thief has the right idea, odd as that is to say. I cannot wait to forget that I ever met any of you."

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-13, 07:44 PM
"Here's the deal. In my expert opinion, the only way to crack this door is to crack it. Any volunteers?"

Ionbound
2016-06-13, 08:28 PM
Alexia frowns at the end of the dispute, but sighs and squares up to the door again, saying, "One open door, coming right up," as she slams into it with her shoulder, trying to force the door open.

Str Check: [roll0]

Kish
2016-06-13, 08:53 PM
Alexia now has a slightly bruised shoulder; the door is still stuck.

Novabomb
2016-06-13, 10:37 PM
Let me give it a tryStrength Check[roll0]

Kish
2016-06-14, 10:32 AM
Tellos shoves the door open, revealing an antechamber. A stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal. A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to the north.

Yawielas
2016-06-14, 11:40 AM
Runa

Standing at the back, Runa peeks into the room. "Torag's hammer. At least there's something good down here..."

Ionbound
2016-06-14, 12:19 PM
Alexia walks into the room cautiously, vigilant for whatever was causing the green glow, though she can't help but smile as she sees Torag's hammer, feeling reassured by the holy symbol as she proceeds further into the underground chapel.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-14, 12:28 PM
Rung also enters, though he gravitates towards the basin.

Novabomb
2016-06-14, 07:08 PM
Tellos will draw his blade, and enter the room after them.

flat_footed
2016-06-14, 08:57 PM
Seeing his fellows enter, Kel keeps his bow at the ready and stays with the injured.

JanusJones
2016-06-15, 04:33 AM
ARROW

The little man's eyes follow the heated exchanges, and anyone bothering to look catches him fidgeting, growing increasingly nervous. If there was anything lurking down here that hadn't been aware of the group, it was now; they were loud enough to wake the dead.

He jumps and starts as the door is forced open. He hesitates as the others shoulder through. Still, now that they'd given way, he'd be better off in a group with numbers ... curse him for a coward, and the rest for fools - what were they thinking?

He steps through.

Kish
2016-06-15, 08:59 AM
The water is clear, and after a minute it occurs to you that it's very strange there isn't at least dust floating in it.

You hear a rustling sound from the other side of the door to the north.

Novabomb
2016-06-17, 05:38 PM
Tellos will dip the tiniest bit of his pinky in the water and brings it up to his lips to try and taste to see if it is holy water.

Kish
2016-06-17, 07:20 PM
It tastes like water; it does not seem to be poisonous to you, but you can't tell if it's holy.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-18, 09:37 AM
Rung traces a starknife along the edge of the bench, lost in thought. "I think this room is the worship areal. This is where the faithful would sit."

Kish
2016-06-18, 09:47 AM
"Yes, yes, it's a pretty underground temple with a lovely green light. We have sightseen. Can we go already?" Horgus snaps.

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-18, 10:09 AM
"Go... where exactly? Through-" Rung indicates the northern door with his knife, "There? From which comes strange noises?" He returns to examining the bench. "Be my guest."

Kish
2016-06-18, 10:13 AM
"No, abandon this dead end before someone winds up actually dead--especially if you hear strange noises--and return to going through these tunnels. The one important thing this ruin shows, is that someone has been able to come down here voluntarily in the past, so there must be a way to the surface somewhere." He looks at Kel pointedly and says, "You want me to say something that helps us all move forward? Here you go: Why are we no longer moving forward?"

flat_footed
2016-06-18, 08:37 PM
Kel meets the man's gaze and replies with a measured tone. "Horgus, we're stopped for two reasons. One, Anevia and Aravashnial weren't as lucky as us and are injured. Each step has its toll. Two, if there's anything in that temple that can help us, or even heal them, it's worth searching for.

We're all doing what we can to move the group along. We're fighting to keep this group safe. You're the only one who hasn't bothered to lift a finger or lend a hand. So I ask you, what is it you do and why is that so useless down here? For all I've seen, you may as well be a master of goblin husbandry, for the good it's done us.

You say you want to help us all move forward? Start by doing something instead of just complaining about it."

Ionbound
2016-06-18, 08:41 PM
Alexia regards the northern door, having decided long ago that Horgus was an idiot not worth responding too, and strolls up to it, spear held in one hand at half-haft while her off-hand knocks on the door, hoping for a friendly response.

Novabomb
2016-06-18, 09:34 PM
Tellos will look around for useful stuff, bandages/ maybe a potions etc.

Yawielas
2016-06-19, 06:07 AM
Runa

Hearing people speaking of strange noises, Runa draws her sword and moves into the temple room in case there's trouble. "Where are these sounds coming from?"

Kish
2016-06-19, 11:09 PM
"My skill is recognizing the difference between moving and standing still. It's a very rare talent. Almost unknown. Also, if you think the crusade doesn't need funding and could be carried on the mindless fanaticism of blood-soaked thugs like yourself, you're even more of a fool than I already thought."

No one responds to Alexia's knocking.

Horgus' line about funding the crusade...actually seems sincere, not glib.

Ionbound
2016-06-20, 05:06 PM
Alexia glares at Horgus and says, "Sounds like a coward's excuse to me," as she opens the door she had just been knocking on.

flat_footed
2016-06-20, 05:32 PM
"Gold buys steel. Without steel, there is no hope to combat the demonic armies. You are correct in that. But," Kel gestures to the cavern around them, "When you're on the front lines, all the sacks of gold in the world are not worth one rusty sword. A blood-soaked fanatic is worth 10 perfume-soaked fops."

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-22, 12:40 PM
Rung takes up a flanking position next to the door, blade at the ready.

Yawielas
2016-06-22, 03:35 PM
Runa

Runa also moves up close to the door, glancing back towards Horgus, and growing tired of the bickering.

Kish
2016-06-27, 09:00 AM
"That's why I'm still with you rather than trying to find my own way through these caves. But I'm still going to say 'I told you so' after ITOLDYOUSO!" Horgus shouts as a clawed hand tries to rake Alexia from the newly opened door.

The creature on the other side of the door resembles the dessicated corpse of a dwarf in robes. A malevolent orange spark burns in its eyes.

Attack against Alexia's flat-footed: [roll0] Critical threat confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Critical damage: [roll3]
Attack against Alexia's flat-footed: [roll4] Critical threat confirmation: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] Critical damage: [roll7]
Attack against Alexia's flat-footed: [roll8] Critical threat confirmation: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] Critical damage: [roll11]

Also, for each hit, roll a Fortitude save.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iuTA8ccbaa--TO5ZE7MAY3LTAZtu-XS6zeV6t_XifQ/edit?usp=sharing). Everyone is up (it won't be the creature's turn again until all of you have acted). Anevia, outside, doesn't have line of sight to the creature, so none of the NPCs will do anything that will damage it this round.

>> Arrow [19]
>> Horgus [18]
>> Kel [16]
>> Anevia [16]
>> Runa [12]
>> Rung [12]
>> Alexia [7]
>> Tellos [6]
>> Aravashnial [6]
The undead dwarf priest [25]

Ionbound
2016-06-27, 09:34 AM
Alexia, who had been turned to look at Horgus, goes down to a nasty slash across her face and throat, passing out almost immediately from pain and blood loss.

Fort saves: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Yawielas
2016-06-30, 07:35 AM
Runa

Her sword already up, Runa swings at the undead dwarf, hoping to take its head off.

Melee: [roll0] confirm if crit: [roll1] dmg [roll2]

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-30, 08:37 AM
"Die, abomination!" Rung shouts as draws his rapier and stabs the creature in the side of the neck.

Attack: [roll0].
Damage: [roll1].

Novabomb
2016-06-30, 06:50 PM
Tellos will move into position and thrush.
Manuvers
[roll0]
[roll1]
(To Alexia)

You shall be avenged!

Kish
2016-06-30, 07:58 PM
Runa and Rung both slice deeply into the creature, who snarls, showing pointed teeth. As Tellos steps past the creature, it slashes at him with a claw.

Attack against Tellos: (1d20+4)[7] Critical threat confirmation: (1d20+4)[14] If it hits, roll a Fortitude save.
Damage: (1d4+1)[2] Critical damage: (1d4+1)[2]

Tellos cuts the creature down, and Alexia's wounds are healed enough that she regains consciousness.

120 XP each.

Ionbound
2016-06-30, 08:00 PM
Alexia blinks as she slowly regains consciousness and spits up blood as she sputters, "Augh...That's gonna leave a mark...Anyone going to give me a hand?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-06-30, 08:42 PM
Alexia blinks as she slowly regains consciousness and spits up blood as she sputters, "Augh...That's gonna leave a mark...Anyone going to give me a hand?"
Rung absentmindedly leans down to help her, eyes not leaving the corpse.
"How- how did that thing get in here? Where are the priests?"

Ionbound
2016-06-30, 09:22 PM
Alexia takes the hand up, and takes a deep, steadying, breath as she looks down at the corpse and says, "I don't know...But considering the state of this place...I don't think it's out of the question that that was one of the priests."

Novabomb
2016-06-30, 10:33 PM
Tellos sheathes his blade.
To Alexia
I am glad you are still with us, I feared that I was too late. I'm sorry, I should have been more diligent.

Kish
2016-06-30, 11:08 PM
"We all should have left instead of going inside," Horgus snaps.

"What? What happened here?" Aravashnial demands.

Novabomb
2016-07-01, 09:38 PM
Tellos
You might be right.

Ionbound
2016-07-02, 01:25 PM
Alexia glares at Horgus, then nods to Aravashnial and says, "There was a monster hiding in the temple. We dealt with it."

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-03, 12:34 AM
"But how? How did it get in here? Why wasn't it stopped?" Rung shudders. "I mean - an Undead. In a temple."

Ionbound
2016-07-03, 10:11 AM
Alexia shakes her head and says, "I don't know. But...Maybe it holds some clues." She bends down and begins examining the undead monster's body for any clues as to what happened to it, as well as possible loot.

Spot: [roll0]

Kish
2016-07-03, 10:16 AM
A pouch on the corpse's belt holds two small flasks of an unknown liquid; the creature wears a knotted gold ring. Nothing else on it looks valuable or relevant; its clothing is rags.

Ionbound
2016-07-03, 10:48 AM
Aleixa takes the two vials, then pulls off the ring and holds it up, asking, "Does anyone recognize this? He was wearing it...It might be important."

Kish
2016-07-04, 07:03 AM
"Why are we still here," mutters Horgus, coming forward to look at the corpse. "He's a dwarf. Was a dwarf. Probably he was a priest of the temple, and him becoming undead was what defiled it."

Yawielas
2016-07-04, 07:19 AM
Runa

Runa shakes her head at Alexia's question. "I don't know much about stuff like that. Let's see if the door leads somewhere." She peeks in through the door where the undead dwarf came out.

Kish
2016-07-04, 07:32 AM
Broken stone benches line this narrow room. The air is cold and stale, and thick layers of dust cover the floor, benches, and a large altar at the far end of the room.

Ionbound
2016-07-04, 09:49 AM
Alexia nods and says, "Probably so, unfortunately..." as she slips the ring on and strolls into the main sanctuary, looking around.

Spot Check in the main sanctuary: [roll0]

Kish
2016-07-04, 12:12 PM
A thick layer of dust covers the temple, the undead creature's recent footsteps leading from the altar to the door. You see an ornate warhammer lying on the floor, covered in dust. Other than that, the place seems entirely deserted.

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-04, 01:03 PM
Rung also enters.
Perception: [roll0].
"But... how?" He asks himself quietly, looking up and down and around. "How could this happen?"

Ionbound
2016-07-04, 01:38 PM
Alexia shrugs as she strolls over to the warhammer and lifts it experimentally, looking it over before saying, "Anyone want this? I...Don't think the former inhabitant is in any position to use it any longer. And we could use all the tools we can get."

Kish
2016-07-04, 08:06 PM
It occurs to you that it might be worthwhile to reconsecrate the temple, though it would take several hours.

Yawielas
2016-07-05, 12:33 AM
Runa

Runa's eyes lights up with interest at the sight of the hammer. "I could use it, if noone else will. I'm quite used to swinging a hammer."

Novabomb
2016-07-07, 09:08 PM
Tellos

We should go, I will go in front this time.

Ionbound
2016-07-07, 11:12 PM
Alexia nods and passes the warhammer to Runa, saying, "Here you go...Onwards and upwards I suppose. Perhaps a priest can come down here and reclaim this temple, but...In the meantime we need to get back to the surface."

Yawielas
2016-07-08, 12:17 AM
Runa

Runa accepts the hammer from Alexia and nods. "Thank you. Onwards and upwards." She fastens the hammer in her belt and takes up position in the back again.

flat_footed
2016-07-08, 02:00 PM
Kel takes his place next to the wounded members and continues with the rest of the party. As he passes the undead creature, he can't help but scrutinize the corpse more closely.

[roll0]
Trying to see if there's any other clues about this creature, specifically if it was created a while ago or recently.

Kish
2016-07-08, 02:18 PM
You can't really tell, though you note that body isn't turning into dust as some old undead do when destroyed, just lying there, quickly stiffening.

"Oh, finally. I told you so. Did I mention that? Because I told you so," Horgus says as you leave the cavern.

You walk for 40 minutes, the path gradually rising as it twists and turns. 3000 feet south and 30 feet up later, the trail, currently heading toward the east, opens into a large cavern.

Stone figures are carved into the walls of this cavern. Each depicts a different crusader clad in armor and wielding weapons, but their carved stone features contain expressions of sadness.

Anevia seems withdrawn and unhappy.
The soldiers depicted are from the First Crusade.
You think part of the wall is moving. Use this (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSO1mx-WMQAz1PCQY1aaB7IpED7LBsERXA5mCRruLnw/edit?usp=sharing) map rather than the one linked below.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlDfzpdkciR2AwyBXhRxHG-yTimptD4Nz0W9ytqerUs/edit?usp=sharing) of the cavern.

Novabomb
2016-07-08, 05:53 PM
Unless something (or someone) stops him, Tellos walks in and makes for what appears to be an opening on the other side.

Ionbound
2016-07-09, 09:03 PM
Alexia looks to Anevia and opens her mouth to say something, then puts her hand on Tellos's shoulder, trying to stop him as she says, "Wait. There's something moving down there. I don't know what, but it looks...Slimy."

Rolls:
Per: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

Novabomb
2016-07-09, 10:14 PM
Tellos holds up and whispers
Ok
Then he draws his blade.

Kish
2016-07-10, 11:16 PM
As Tellos walks forward, two winged creatures detach themselves from the far wall, stretching out tentacles toward him. Anevia promptly fires two arrows, skewering one of them though her second arrow bounces off the other's hide. "What is it?" Aravashnial demands.

In light of my suspicion that JanusJones has dropped out, Arrow will attack as an NPC if flat_footed and firedaemon33 post before he does.

Anevia attack: [roll0] Critical threat check: [roll1] Anevia attack: [roll2] Critical threat check: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] Critical damage: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] Critical damage: [roll7]

>> Arrow [22]
>> Kel [20]
>> Alexia [19]
Darkmantle 2 [17]
Horgus [17]
Rung [15]
Runa [14]
Darkmantle 1 [9]
Tellos [5]
Anevia [22]
Aravashnial [22]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSO1mx-WMQAz1PCQY1aaB7IpED7LBsERXA5mCRruLnw/edit?usp=sharing) is updated; everyone use this map now. Arrow, Kel, and Alexia are up.

flat_footed
2016-07-10, 11:58 PM
Dashing forward, Kel tears the bow off of his shoulder and draws a line to the second descending form.

Move to I8, shouldering R to the side to take the shot.
[roll0]
[roll1]

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-11, 03:09 AM
Rung slips around the side of the cavern, sticking to the shadows and hoping to get a shot in if the monstrosity comes close enough.
Using Stealth and moving to K6; readying an action to throw a Starknife if it enters his range.
Stealth: [roll0].

Ionbound
2016-07-11, 11:09 AM
Alexia blinks as she looks at the monsters, then shakes her head as she charges forwards, spear at the ready as she tries to impale the monster in a single strike.

Charge to within range, attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Kish
2016-07-11, 11:26 AM
You can move through allies' squares, but can't charge through them. Since the roll is a miss anyway, I'll treat that as a double move action to close with the creature. Also forgot the melee penalty for Arrow's shot, but it's still a hit.

Arrow moves up and to the north, firing an arrow at the creature which wounds it severely. It lashes out at Alexia with a tentacle. Then it releases her and collapses to the floor, apparently killed by its exertion.
Attack: [roll0] Critical threat check: [roll1] Grapple check if it hits: [roll2] Damage: [roll3] Critical damage: [roll4] Damage on successful grapple: [roll5]

Ionbound
2016-07-11, 11:59 AM
The tentacle manages to hit Alexia in the forehead with enough force that she's staggered and falls over, knocked unconscious and bleeding from her head in a bad, bad way.

Yawielas
2016-07-11, 02:43 PM
Runa

Runa draws her sword upon hearing the commotion up ahead, and tries to move forward past the people in the middle. "What's happening?"

Kish
2016-07-12, 10:27 AM
"What's going on?" Aravashnial demands.

flat_footed
2016-07-12, 03:19 PM
Kel turns back to Aravashnial and answers him. "Two winged creatures with tentacles attacked. They were camoflauged against the stoje wall."

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-12, 07:05 PM
"And Alexia's bleeding! Does anyone know first aid?"

Kish
2016-07-13, 03:21 PM
"I have--here." Aravashnial fumbles in his pack and pulls out a flask. "Give her this."

A strange dwarf with orange hair comes running around the corner. "I'm not going back there!" he shouts.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSO1mx-WMQAz1PCQY1aaB7IpED7LBsERXA5mCRruLnw/edit?usp=sharing) is updated. Kel, Rung, Runa, and Tellos are up; if Kel's action isn't to feed the potion to Alexia Alexia should make a stabilization check.

>> Kel [20]
>> Alexia [19]
Darkmantle 2 [17]
Horgus [17]
>> Rung [15]
>> Runa [14]
Darkmantle 1 [9]
>> Tellos [5]
Anevia [22]
Aravashnial [22]
Arrow [22]
Strange Dwarf [21]

flat_footed
2016-07-13, 04:54 PM
Taking the flask in hand, Kel tears the cork out with his teeth and cradles Alexia's head with his open arm. Gently overturning the bottle, he does his best to not spill a drop or drown Alexia. Setting her down carefully, he draws his bow again, but remains in the same spot. They may not have been the only ones to be saved by the dragon, and he was loathe to attack the dwarf without reason.

Ionbound
2016-07-13, 05:48 PM
Alexia sputters as she wakes up, the wound on her head sealing even as she struggles to consciously swallow down the healing liquid. She stands up, and when she sees the dwarf, her spear jumps to her hand as she asks, "Where? Where don't you want to go back to?"

Yawielas
2016-07-14, 03:40 AM
Runa

Runa places herself between the wounded Alexia and the dwarf, sword in hand.

Novabomb
2016-07-14, 07:57 AM
Tellos to the dwarf
Who are you?

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-15, 06:44 PM
Rung slips his way around closer to the Dwarf, sticking to the shadows.

Two move actions to move to K12 while using Stealth.
Stealth:1d20+8. .

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-15, 06:46 PM
Messed up the brackets.
Stealth:[roll0].

Kish
2016-07-15, 06:54 PM
The dwarf's response is words of magic. He stretches out his hands and a cone of clashing colors emerges from them.

Kel, Alexia, and Runa need to make a Will save, DC 13. Anyone who fails is too unconscious to take their action; I'll roll duration separately for everyone who fails. Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSO1mx-WMQAz1PCQY1aaB7IpED7LBsERXA5mCRruLnw/edit?usp=sharing) is updated and everyone who is conscious is up again.

>> Kel [20]
>> Alexia [19]
Darkmantle 2 [17]
Horgus [17]
>> Rung [15]
>> Runa [14]
Darkmantle 1 [9]
>> Tellos [5]
Anevia [22]
Aravashnial [22]
Arrow [22]
Strange Dwarf [21]

Ionbound
2016-07-15, 07:18 PM
Alexia manages to look full-bore into the spray of colors, her eyes rolling up into her head as she passes out, senses overwhelmed by the display.

Will Save:[roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage (Nonlethal): [roll2]

Novabomb
2016-07-15, 07:42 PM
Tellos takes a step towards the dwarf before falling on face, knocked out.

Yawielas
2016-07-16, 09:31 AM
Runa slumps over, unconscious.

flat_footed
2016-07-18, 08:57 AM
Kel barely manages to shake off the spray from the dwarf, but sees it catch Runa full force. He trains an arrow on him, but does not loose. What could he be yelling about? Is it possible he and others were saved by the dragon as well? Grimacing, Kel calls out.
"You don't have to go back there!"

Ready an action to shoot the arrow should the dwarf continue any further actions against us. Should Kel determine this, he will also call out in Elvish: "We are being attacked by a dwarf! He used a spray of colors to knock some of us out!"

Perception to try to sense what the dwarf is running from. Sense Motive for why the dwarf is attacking us, whether it be malicious, or out of fear we may send him back to "there". The only action used against us was incapacitating, but non-lethal.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kish
2016-07-18, 07:56 PM
Tellos charges and cuts the dwarf. "Of all the places to find a deserter--a crazy deserter with tentacled things!" Horgus comments. Anevia limps forward. Aravashnial begins to cast a spell. Arrow shoots at the dwarf. The dwarf steps back and casts another spell, this time on himself; his body seems to lose focus, becoming eye-straining to look at.

He cast Blur on himself.

Arrow attack: [roll0] Critical threat check: [roll1] Damage: [roll2] Critical damage: [roll3]

>> Kel [20]
Alexia [19]
Darkmantle 2 [17]
Horgus [17]
>> Rung [15]
Runa [14]
Darkmantle 1 [9]
>> Tellos [5]
Anevia [22]
Aravashnial [22]
Arrow [22]
Strange Dwarf [21]

Kel, Rung, and Tellos are up.

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-18, 09:14 PM
Rung dashes forward out of hiding. Skidding to a halt, he wists his body and underhands a Starknife at the Dwarf, converting forward momentum into power. Deed done, he skips back away from the fight, drawing another Starknife as he does so.

Moves to M12, attacks with Starknife, moves back to K12.
Attack:[roll0].
Damage:[roll1].

Novabomb
2016-07-19, 07:36 PM
Tellos
Yield Cretin, or I will have your head.

flat_footed
2016-07-20, 08:39 AM
Kel sighs inwardly and releases the arrow, sending it on a deadly path towards the dwarf.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kish
2016-07-20, 10:35 AM
Kel, Tellos, and Rung all strike the dwarf. He crumples to the cavern floor, the strange blur effect fading.

250 XP each, and you are not attacked for long enough for the spell to wear off. If someone searches the dwarf's body, he has a dagger, a light crossbow, 10 bolts, two flasks of liquid, two scrolls, a cloak, 8 platinum pieces, and 7 gold pieces.

Ionbound
2016-07-20, 12:15 PM
Alexia rubs her head as she wakes up, then says angrily when she sees the Dwarf's corpse, "Why, exactly, is he dead? Did anyone try to talk to him? What did he want?"

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-20, 05:20 PM
Rung kneels next to the fallen Dwarf. "I am sorry, friend, for whatever brought you to this state. May you find peace in the lands of your god."
Then he loots the body.

Novabomb
2016-07-20, 08:40 PM
Tellos to Alexia
He said nothing in response to our queries, and lashed out with magic. It was unfortunate, but there was a significant risk the he might have tried to finish you off. You are under my care, and he was clearly the aggressor. If it was illness of the mind, then that is a trajedy, but I do not apologize for my actions.

Kish
2016-07-20, 08:46 PM
"Are you two seriously arguing over who killed a murderous deserter with trained tentacle things?" Horgus snaps.

Novabomb
2016-07-21, 11:26 PM
Tellos grimaces.

No. We were discussing whether there was need.
He casts his eyes sadly over the fallen form, spirit fled from its vessel.
We should go He will take the lead again.

Yawielas
2016-07-22, 04:38 AM
Runa

Runa blinks and rubs her eyes untill her eyesight returns, wondering why the dwarf attacked them. She doesn't say anything though, it's too late to ask. In stead she takes up position at the back again, feelin a little dazed.

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-22, 08:59 AM
"Anyone here have any skills with identification? Our late friend had a few scrolls and such on him."

Ionbound
2016-07-22, 12:28 PM
Alexia shakes her head and says, "Can't say that I do. We should keep moving...Maybe if there's anyone left, they'll be able to help us."

flat_footed
2016-07-24, 11:34 AM
"You're right, we should keep moving. I would love to know what the dwarf was running from, though." Kel pauses as Horgus' words catch his ears. Could this have been another person saved by the dragon, or was it another creature who made it's life down here? Kel takes a look at the dwarf's outfit to check if anything stood out.

[roll0]

Kish
2016-07-26, 04:41 PM
The dwarf's clothes are ragged and fairly nondescript. In the next cavern, you see a banked firepit with a bedroll behind it.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSO1mx-WMQAz1PCQY1aaB7IpED7LBsERXA5mCRruLnw/edit?usp=sharing) is updated.

Novabomb
2016-07-27, 09:21 PM
Tellos
Do any of you have a shovel? We should bury this poor soul.

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-28, 09:34 AM
Rung digs through his backpack for a moment before shaking his head. "I do not, but if someone does I shall gladly help with the digging."

Ionbound
2016-07-28, 12:03 PM
Alexia shakes her head and says, "I do not. In any event...His death was unfortunate, but we need to keep moving. Gods know what awaits us on the surface, but if there's anything worth saving left, we have to try to get there in time."

GreyStormcrow
2016-07-28, 02:59 PM
"Even if we cannot give him a proper burial, can we at least do something to keep him from becoming like that... thing back there?" He gestures towards the firepit. "Burn him, perhaps?"

Novabomb
2016-07-28, 06:50 PM
Tellos will drag the dwarf the fire pit by the shoulders. If flint and steel is sufficient he will begin the pyre. Ok

flat_footed
2016-07-29, 12:24 AM
As Tellos begins to move the dwarf, Kel places a warning hand on his shoulder. "We're all talking about the dwarf, but not recalling his words. 'I'm not going back there', what could he mean by that? I for one, want to be sure of what's next before doing anything noisy."

Barring anyone stopping him, Kel will proceed quietly into the next room to look for any dangers, moving to Y5 to peer down the opening.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kish
2016-07-29, 09:59 AM
"Obviously, he was a deserter, who preferred living in this cavern teaching tentacle things to attack people to fulfilling his duty and fighting demons," Horgus snaps, watching Tellos' efforts to burn the dwarf in his own firepit. "But that does mean there must be a way up, if we don't spend the rest of our lives here planting or cooking him. Must we stop to study every murderous living or dead dwarf in this place?"

"Check his bedroll," Anevia suggests, not participating in the debate over what to do with the body. "He might have had something useful there."

Kish
2016-08-01, 09:58 PM
Horgus mutters as you build a fire over the body. Anevia shrugs and leans against the wall.