PDA

View Full Version : Vasian Raiders (IC)

The_Necromancer
2016-09-30, 01:35 AM
Vasus, once a paradise world, it was destroyed, but not my outsiders, by the Vasians themselves, greed, the bane of the Vasian people, they mined, they forested, and they left no stone upturned. Soon there was nothing left, no Trees, no Ore, no Resources, no Air, no Food, no Water, their only option was expansion. They had three other planets in their system, those where also striped, they where lucky, one of their planets was an Ice planet, it was striped clear, they needed the Water, but that would run out eventually. They started a Navy, one that would reach out into the stars, there where many volenteers, although they knew Ship life would be hard, it might be better then living in a Dome, where they were packed into bunks in order to fit the entire population. When their one ship returned many years later, the Vasian population had halved, they simple could not grow enough food, and water was scarce, this lead to Riots, causing more deaths.

The ship that returned was lucky, they had run into an alien race called the Tau, they had agreed to be part of their empire in return for Food, Water and a Phased Warp-Drive, they had lied to the Tau, as they refused to be slaves. And so the Raiding began, it quickly became apparent to them that their one ship was a marvel of Technology, it was more powerful then any ship they came across, allowing them to stay in orbit as they raided settlements. On a lucky raid they found the one thing that would define the Black Guard for years to come, the Teleporter, something that the Vasians thought impossible until now, but just like the Phased Warp-Drive, they would fail to replicate it.

You where there that day, you had helped secure the Teleporter, you where Promoted to Black Guard there, and now you where coming home.

A loud siren rang throughout the Dome city and the 'Vasian Pride', you had become accustomed to it by now, it meant you where to arrive at 'Pride' within 12 hours, however the last raid had just finished a few hours ago, and you still stood in line waiting to get out of the Ship, you could see many faces frown, they would not see their family today. The small ships that where bring soldiers down started bring them back up, the ships would go down with supplies and returned with soldiers. Most of the Soldiers that failed to make it to the surface grumbled and returned to their Rooms, an officer, male with black hair and a pail face waded through the crowd he stopped as he came across your group, "There was supposed to be a ceremony" the man was clearly talking to your squad "But it'll have to wait, Requisition Officer Mentral van Heir will supply you with your badges and gear for your new Rank, you'll find his office near the Medbay on the fifth floor" he nods to you all and begins to wade back through the crowd

----------

OOC: Basically at this point, the main reason I stopped is because I'm getting a headache from staring a a white screen for so long, but feel free to do some fluff stuff here, introduce you character (To the players rather then the characters, at this point your characters have spent the voyage back in the same room, so they should know each other by now.) or call back the officer while you still can to get more information if you need it.

DrK
2016-09-30, 01:10 PM
Cpl Nate "Hotstuff" Vargus

At the officer's words Nate paused and signed looking at the long queue that led to the now sealed air locks and the craft down to the dome beneath. Cursing he nodded to Stella with a frown, "Cone on, let's head up to med bay, you know I love the nurses." Stella rolled her blue eyes before nodding assent and the pair of them headed smartly upstairs, Nate stopping once to check his hair and tilt his uniform cap at a more jaunty angle and wipe down his marksmanship badge.

Reaching the med bay he looked around for a nurse to ask for directions to Van Heir's office...

The_Necromancer
2016-10-01, 12:45 AM
Everyone on the Medbay seems to be busy, they seem to be getting the wounded ready depart for Vasus. One man briefly looks your way "This Bay's full, 3rd floor still has room", he then proceeds with his work, disappearing behind a curtain. There seems to be a lot of soldiers coming and going, so you could press the doctor or just as one of them, or try to find it yourself.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-02, 07:24 AM
"Hey Hotstuff" Nate heard a deep voice saying, and it sounded like some grafted hiver was about to bully him saying his nickname in that tone

He was tapped on the shoulder and it was Slatan, the large lad with the bull neck and rope like hair that didn't belong on someone that youthful

despite such a primitive appearance he had childishly sad eyes "can you help me?" he said "I was ordered to go to med bay but I didn't catch why, I think I'm lost, can I follow you around?"

He was wearing full battle gear as he always did, making him seem even larger, only thing missing was ammo and his weapon. Holding his helmet with a painted white skull on it in his hands

DrK
2016-10-02, 12:04 PM
Nate and Stella both turn, a grin breaking out revealing perfect white teeth. Nate appreciated the fire support from the bug man and he'd saved their hides on several occasions.

"Hey Slatan. I was hunting nurses to cope with going back on a raid. We've been summoned to see Van Heir. He's just down the corridor. Let's move."

Making sure Slatan and Stella are following he heads down to the office they had been sent. Knocking politely he waits to be summoned inside.

YossarianLives
2016-10-02, 09:01 PM
Thressa will catch up to Nate and Slaten with a somewhat forced smile on her face, hoping to hide a bad mood from her squadmates, ignoring Corten and his complaints at the delay. "Maybe we should wait for the others. Does anyone have an idea what Van Heir wants with us?"

GameOfChampions
2016-10-02, 09:49 PM
Reid grumbles under his breath, but not loud enough to draw the ire of a superior officer... he wasn't upset enough to draw that kind of flak down on him. He nods to his friend Oskan and jerks his head in the direction of the med bay and starts wading through the crowds to the med area, he wasn't waiting for Oskan since he had been across the bay and it would take even longer to wait for him.

The jovial guardsman makes his way up to the bay and starts to look around, asking a few personal as he knocked on offices in his search for Mentral.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-04, 01:55 AM
You all manage to find the office, it's only a few meters down the hall from the Medbay and has a sign stating Requisition Office. Soldiers seem to be coming and going through what looks like an Automatic Door, as you approach the door opens you can see that the room is filled with separating beams, likely for busy days where they would help make a line. At the end of the room you can see five soldiers in line and a desk that spans the entire wall, the desk is protected by glass with a tray that can only be accessed by one side at a time. There seems to be room for four officers to stand behind, however only one man seems to be there at the moment. You can also see that there is a door on the other side of the glass, though it's unlabeled. The line move reasonable fast, some soldiers leaving with small items such as rations and clothing, others leaving with pieces of paper.
------
OOC: Basically whoever posts first it first in the line, I was going to generate a line, but that would either take to long (as you'll have to work it out) or it'll be Random (which wouldn't make much sense) and it doesn't really mater who's first in line. For those of you who are confused as to why you are here please reread the first post.

DrK
2016-10-04, 06:39 AM
Cpl Nate "hotstuff" Vargus

Still in the lead Nate and Stella enter the long line shaking their heads that so much of their life is being disciplined to stand in line. Glancing back to the others he looks around "Anyone else got that sinking feeling that we are about to be deployed somewhere else?". He quietens as he approaches the head of the line, saluting the officer. Cpl's Vargus and Gibbs reporting as ordered sir...." before waiting to see what unpleasant fate was about to befall them.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-04, 06:37 PM
The man behind the desk looks up at you briefly, then begins typing on what seems to be an old computer "Yes, I see, you would be the newly promoted Black Guard squad" he makes a few more keystrokes, "Now, you are required to hand over your Flak gear and your rifles within the week or one hundred and sixty eight hours, as for your new armor and weaponry, they will be supplied to you when you hand over you other gear" he taps another key and something starts to print behind him, he snatches the paper and cut's it into ten smaller bits before putting it into the tray in front of him and shoving it forward "There are ten coupons here one for each of you, make sure you hand them in with your gear in order to get your new gear" He makes a few more keystrokes, "As for heavy weapons, well, you know the drill, they'll get handed out when you're deployed as usual" you see that a line is now forming behind you "Now, will there be any other requisitions today?"

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-04, 07:38 PM
Slatan steps up with a frown and painful expression, nearly about to cup his hands forward.

"Slatan Mak'Muk'Mak'Mel reporting" he said rather unsure

"But I don't want to request anything, I'm here to do as I was told, you just need to tell me what to do. I can hand over my gear right here and now if you need me to" he spoke fast, as if concerned about taking too much of the clerks time.

YossarianLives
2016-10-04, 11:20 PM
Thressa goes to join the line, but before she can reach it a large pack of chattering techies blocks her way. By the time they've cleared out the entire squad is ahead of her.

She will sigh, and get in line, looking about for something interesting.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-05, 12:13 AM
Reid finds the line shortly and joins it waving Oskan to join him when he makes his way up. After a few minutes he figures out the drill and starts to gather up all his gear to pass in.

Not really sure what to do here if we're just waiting in line.

DrK
2016-10-06, 02:49 PM
Cpl Nate "Hotstuff" Vargus

The Cpl looks about the officer before taking the coupons and saluting. "Sir, yes sir." Heading out he hands out the coupons to all the members of the squad that he can find before he reads the instructions and then heads towards the equipment depot to gear up for whatever new raid that he will take part in. Looking around he finds Slatan, the big gunner ever a comforting figure. "Looks like deployment again. You be watching my back again with that big beast are you? I'll cook 'em with plasma and you hose them down eh?" Looking at the coupons he nods towards the equipment dispensary. "Come on them, best be about it, at least be first in line to catch some shut eye before deployment."

Simsimillia
2016-10-06, 07:29 PM
Sergeant Kaitlin Holt stood a bit apart from the rest of the squad, watching them move, make smalltalk, joke. Her squad now, she reminded herself. She knew some of them back from boot camp when they had been whipped into shape by Drill Sergeant Wiley. Others had joined later to fill familiar uniforms with fresh faces, regardless, they were all her responsibility now. She wondered how she had gotten here, from simple Raider, just another grunt amongst many, to her own small but prestigious command. The answer was simple, she had stepped up when noone else hadn't. Sergeant Lenk had taken a lasbolt to the head and Kaitlin had picked up the slack, took command because noone else seemed willing. She pushed them forward and they secured the device.

"Yo! You sleepin' or somethin' boss?", suddenly Bess sounded off at her, bringing her back into the here and now. For a moment she looked slightly confused at the very young private, just old enough to join the military, perhaps younger, before she noticed that she was next in line and people were waiting on her. She shook her head slightly, stepped forward and went through the same procedure as the others.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-08, 07:14 AM
Slatan's face lights up when shown such kindness

"Yes!" he yells with a big smile when Nate talks about shooting people, although the fact people had to die was unfortunate, if only we could shoot each other without killing he thought

"I'll surpress anyone who tries to take the cloths off your back, Nate. You'll be safe knowing tracers whip past your rear at all times" he'd start following him around clutching his requisition coupons looking happy

"Nate, how can they expect us to get shut eye right after they give us our weapons, It'll keep me up all night messing around with it" he said with sincerity.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-09, 04:55 PM
The Requisition Officer listens to each request, nodding and repeating "I'll see what I can do" to each requisition, as if he was ordered to say that to any requisition. After everyone had made there requisition re looked up from his computer and saying "Requisitions will be added to your kit when you turn in your gear, if they're approved that is."
------
OOC: This doesn't stop any additional requisitions, but when I post tomorrow (in about 24 hours) there won't be any thereafter, and I will jump forward until something relevant happens (Unless someone makes a post that would require more time in the present).

The_Necromancer
2016-10-10, 04:27 PM
After you went to the Requisitions Officer, you left for your bunks, many days past, in that time you all managed to turn in your gear to get your new gear. Thressa and Kaitlin both get there Autoguns however they aren't given Combat Shotguns, and Reid is given his Heavy Flamer and is assured he will get his ammunition before his mission but doesn't get a regular Flamer.

After a two months, a siren rings followed by an intercom calling the Black Guard for Briefing in the 3rd deck Armory, that was unusual, every briefing you had before you joined the Black Guard had been in one of the Docks.

---

OOC: I'm running out of time, but feel free to do some RP here before I continue.

Slatan (Checkmate-Pony) doesn't have his Heavy Stubber ammunition yet.

Nate Vargus (DrK) doesn't have his Plasma gun ammunition yet.

Thressa (Masterkerfuffle) and Kaitlin (Simsimillia) have 6 clips for there Autoguns, but don't have a Combat Shotgun (Autogun is replacing your Main Weapon for this mission)

Reid has a Heavy Flamer, but doesn't have his Heavy Stubber ammunition yet and doesn't have a Flamer.

No one has their lethal Grenades (Frag and Krak) nor do you have Locator Beacons yet (You don't know that this will be you form of transport yet.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-10, 11:56 PM
Reid had been passing time in the time honored tradition of soldiers the galaxy over... gambling over cards and that's exactly what he was doing when the call came. He grins at the other men in his game "Sorry Mates that's me, don't worry I'll be back taking all your money before you know it." He gives them a cheeky wave and a wink before throwing down his hand and making his way over to his bunk to grab his gear as quickly as he can before making his way down to the briefing room for his first mission.

He whistles as he enters the room "Daaaaaamn. This is a hell of a lot nicer then where we used to be briefed." He takes a seat then lights up a lho stick as he waits.

DrK
2016-10-11, 12:07 AM
Nate Vargus

The two months has been successful. Nate having tumbled 2 of the female troopers from 3rd company in the discreet privacy of the various laundries and dark corners of the vessel. Aside from that the normal training regime of morning "fitness" where short moustached PT instructors screamed at him was followed by live fire at the rifle range and then cards, chow and more cards. Each day a mind numbing blur into the next. All the while the tension slowly cranked up like a pressure cooker in the large cavernous barracks.

The call to the armoury was a welcome relief as he and Stella trooped down pushing through a few folk to join Reid and Slatan. "Finally go time eh? Let's get this on." The bravado covering a quiver of fear.

Simsimillia
2016-10-11, 05:36 AM
The past two months Kaitlin had spend most of the time with additional training in regards to leadership aside of the usual drill. She still didn't feel quite ready for this. When they had been out in the field in all the Chaos it had been easy to step up and take charge. Now, not so much. Waiting was like a poison to a soldier and they had waited a long time when the alarm sounded and they were called to the briefing room. Grabbing her gear she headed towards there.

When she arrived, Private Reid Invansk and his glimming Lho-stick immediately stuck out to her.

"Private Invansk, put that thing out or I'll make you eat it!", Kaitlin barked at the soldier in a commanding voice. She allowed them a lot of slack when they were off duty, but there was no room for that now.

YossarianLives
2016-10-11, 10:34 AM
Thressa has spent the last two months of travel rereading her medical texts for the hundredth time, practicing with her new autogun, and sleeping far more than necessary. Which is exactly what she's doing when the call to action finally comes in. With a shout to rouse Corten, she hops out of bed and begins frantically packing her gear for the mission, all the while swearing virulently under her breath.

She arrives in the briefing room just in time and sheepishly takes her place among the others. "Sorry Sarge, I won't be late again."

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-11, 12:56 PM
He nearly didn't make it, getting lost was shockingly common for him. He showed up for breifing on the 3rd armoury deck, less like a man, and more like an exhausted draft horse.

He came in logging his heavy stubber, without a shirt and covered in sweat and grease, he had been working hard on something alright (usually what he spent most him time doing: Working out and quietly obsess over war-gear). Even his hair was wet and hung long and dark, huffing like an ox, he had his shirt with him but had it around his neck instead, and looked like he had used it to clean his weapon instead.

He even brought a beer box to sit on, and a camping stool for Chani who would follow as quietly as her Demeanour.

Slatan would stand idle and ready with the same vacuous expression he usually had when attending these things. Chani standing in his damp shadow.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-11, 07:18 PM
While you where all entering the Armour what looked to be nine other squads where doing the same, all forming there own groups of ten. When everyone was there it looked to be around a hundred armored men filling the large armory, you could see numbers one to nine on the other squads shoulders, while on your own was the number ten.

Five more men entered the room, they where far heavier armored and instead of a number, they had a gold star on their shoulder they shoved their way to the front where a small elevated platform was, they stood on the platform, the mans who stood in the center had gold trimmed armour, it was clear that he was your Commander, General Victus van Valvic. When he spoke, his helmet seemed to double as a microphone as the room was filled with his voice "As many of you know, during our last raid we recovered an Artifact capable of teleportation, in what little time they had, our scientists believe they have figured out how it works." He paused for some time as if contemplating something "I would send my own squad through, but command doesn't agree. We are going to need a squad to volunteer, this will be a field test, we will teleport you in, you will capture a key target, and we will teleport you out" it's at this point that you notice that the elevated platform they are standing on, is in fact the Teleporter pad. Chatter seems to pick up at this point, you here people wondering out loud what could happen, thing like being teleported into space, or even into a wall. One squad remains quite though, the squad with the number one on there shoulder, likely due to training or just respecting their Sergeant's decision.

---
OOC: So basically, here is your chance to choose to ether go in by drop ship like the rest of the raid, or to try to prove yourselves by going with the Teleporter, you can discuss it in or out of character, but in the end it's Simsimillia's choice (because the Sergeant has the last say).

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-11, 08:02 PM
with an optimistic smile he shoved his hand in the air

"I volunteer! And if my squad does not; I request transfer to a squad that does" he was suddenly very excited, no doubt brought on by the chance to see the magic from the dark age of technology first hand

"We will be unstoppable" he proclaimed with a grin and clenched his fists on either side, and his sweaty torso inflated slightly.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-13, 07:16 PM
The General looks in Slatan's direction and shakes his head "If that is how you treat your squad, then perhaps I will transfer you. Back to your old unit, because clearly you are not ready for the responsibility of the Black Guard" He then looks towards Kaitlin "Sergeant, since you are clearly unable to keep your men in check, your squad will not be suited for this mission" The second squad Sergeant steps forward "We'll do in sir". The general nods "Everyone else, dismissed. We make planet fall in seven hours, be ready".

Simsimillia
2016-10-13, 07:30 PM
Kaitlin just glowered at Slatan. If look could kill the man would've dropped dead now. She wouldn't make a scene now, but it was clear that Slatan, and the rest of her squad would get something to hear from her later.

When she addressed the General, her voice was calm, betraying the clenched fists behind her back.

"Sir, I'm sorry, it won't happen again, Sir."

When they were dismissed she turned to her squad, her voice still calm but with a dangerous tone beneath. "Our quarters, now. Be there be in five or never again. Got me?"

DrK
2016-10-14, 02:36 AM
Nate Vargus

Watching Slatan get a dressing down from on high Nate shakes his sadly before leaning in close to Stella. "Can't say I'm sad to be avoiding some weird ye olde' magic device. Give me the damnned drop ship anyday.". Stella looks at him, her purple tinged eyes widening, "Are you frakking kidding me. Trapped in a steel tube with you lot throwing your guts up. I'll take dark age tech' anyday." Nate grins widely at her as she stalks off towards the Sgt's quarters for their dressing down.

Walking with the others he catches up with the big man. "No worries Slatan. Can't knock wanting to get to grips with the enemy. Now we'll only be cursing you if the drop explodes or drops us off in a sewage farm like it did last year..."

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-14, 08:06 AM
Slatan was just scowling intensely, bitter and hateful look, but he with his forehead often looked like that

"Was a joke" he whispered slowly and grumpy not looking at Nate

"General is a jester: asks for volunteers, then strikes me down for volunteering"

"It's..." he was clearly thinking of much harsher words but avoided doing that so close to the mentioning of the general

"It's stupid" he growled "I'll find some vegetables to stick in my ears soon"

YossarianLives
2016-10-14, 01:16 PM
At Slatan's outburst, Thressa stared in shock for several seconds. She's not exactly disappointed about not being chosen for the teleporter, but a lecture from Sargeant Holt is something to be dreaded.
All the same she will try to comfort the big man with a smile. "Don't take it too hard, Slatan, I'll bet those smug bastards will be teleported right onto the frontlines. We'll be much safer this way."

GameOfChampions
2016-10-16, 02:45 AM
Reid coughed as he almost inhaled his lho stick when his sergeant walked in, and quickly put it out while storing the half smoked lho stick back in his pack for later. The heavily built flamer tries to ignore the burning cough building in his throat as he listened to the start of the brief, he didn't manage to weigh in his opinion before one of his new squad mates got crucified by the brass 'Damn that was brutal, though I kinda can't blame him since that old tech seems pretty cool.' he mentally shrugs as he walks back to their quarters with the others.

He flops down on his bunk "Well that could have gone better but that **** is done now so lets just move on. We're gonna be dropping down soon right? Where we going and what are we aiming for in this raid?"

Simsimillia
2016-10-16, 07:38 AM
"We're aiming to not completly tank our reputation as a squad and do a good job!"

Kaitlin said as she entered the quarters after giving her subordinates enough time to enter and catching the end of Reid's sentence. She was obviously angry, but her voice remained dangerously calm.

"Now I'm going to say a few words and the only thing I wanna hear outta your stupid mouths are 'Yes Seargent'. You got me? Now stand the frak at attention as if I were the Vasian High King himself!"

She waited a moment until her squad answered and got himself up in an orderly manner.

"Now what the frak where you thinking?", she asked noone in particular without expecting or waiting for an answer. "Showing up shirtless, speaking out of turn, forgetting to properly adress an officer, smoking...I expected better of you. We're not 3rd Company anymore. We're Black Guard! That means we get certain privileges, but also that there are certain things expected of us. I realize that today was my fault in part. I've clearly been to lax with handling the lot of you. As such I will be drawing consequences. Until further notice all recreational activity is cancelled. When you're not fighting, eating, sleeping or ****ting you'll be training! If you feel treated unfairly because you did nothing wrong, if you want to complain, do so with the Captain of 3rd Company, together with your transfer papers. You got me?"

DrK
2016-10-16, 07:59 AM
Nate and Stella straighten to attention as the Sgt begins balling them out, at the list he whispers "What about ****ing.... Man's got to love" pitched so only Stella and Slatan either side of him can hear.

As the Sgt. finishes balling them out he straightens more so snapping parade ground straight and with Stella shouting out a "Yes sergeant. We are Black guard all the way sergeant". Before winking at Stella as Kaitlin's beady eyes move past them.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-16, 01:54 PM
Slatan this time stood attention with clapping heels and uniform, his hair was still wet but this time from the fact that he had just showered. 'Yes, Seargent' he exclaimed.

YossarianLives
2016-10-17, 11:00 AM
Thressa stands quietly and respectfully at the back of the group during Kaitlin's speech, and nods vigorously at the end, ignoring Corten grumbling behind her. Yes Sergeant!
After the speech she will hurry off and begin making last-minute preparations for the mission ahead: double-checking all her equipment, buffing her brand new carapace armour, and brushing her teeth.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-17, 02:31 PM
Reid squares his shoulders, thrusts out his chest, and looks at a point on the wall behind Seargent Kaitlin "Yes Seargent!"

"I understand Seargent! Permission to prepare for combat!" Reid was already going over a mental list of what he needed to bring with him and the bits and bobs he had started to bring along with him as he went through campaigns and raids. 'Hmmm I'll bring my spare lighter, some extra smokes, spare combat knife, I'll need to give my armor a touch up, bring a spare shirt, some toilet paper, and I'll need to go over my new flamer when I get it.'

Simsimillia
2016-10-17, 07:43 PM
Her squad called out as one, sounding like actual soldiers and not the clown troupe they had displayed up with the brass. She knew they had it in them, but it was a long way to go.

"Alright, prepare for battle. We're gonna give those Imperial Scum hell!"

The_Necromancer
2016-10-18, 07:34 PM
Roughly eight hours after you had been dismissed the alarm rang and the intercom started listing regiments and were they needed to be, when the Black Guard came up, you where told to go to the rear port hanger bay. Upon arriving a boy no older then thirteen got you names and directed you to a stash of equipment, the soldier guarding it stepped aside after seeing the insignia on your shoulder and then left the hanger bay in a hurry, likely trying to get to his squad as quickly as possible. You could see multiple stashes like yours scattered around the large hanger, either surrounded by Black Guard or being guarded by a lone guardsman. In the stash you all find your missing gear ((OOC: except the Teleporter Beacon)). You could see the General standing near the drop ships, he seemed to have a clipboard in hand. Once everyone had arrived, and all the regular guardsman had left, the General spoke, the mic in his helm caring his voice over the hanger "This is a standard mission, as usual the Black Guard are going in first to destroy the anti-air down there. We're one squad down, but this is a Hive World, so we're not expecting an army, just the classic PDF" He looks down at his clipboard, "Now after that, if all goes to plan, we'll rally north of the Precinct Fortress, 2nd Squad'll get us in. Any questions?"

GameOfChampions
2016-10-22, 11:58 AM
Reid walks back to his group after getting the few pieces of gear he wasn't allowed to carry around in the ship, 'This feels better.' as he hefts Heavy flamer and shrugs his shoulders a few times to settle the armor he was in. He grins at the group and slides a few lho sticks into the bullet slots on the front of his armor. He returns and stands among the squad through questioning just hefting his flamer every now and then to keep it comfortable.

After the questioning is done Reid sticks an unlit stick in his mouth protesting as soon as Sergeant turns his way "I need them! They can function as an emergency pilot light if mine goes out and I won't light it until we're out." he left out the part where he was a chain smoker who smoked to relax and was already starting to feel nervous about the fight.

DrK
2016-10-22, 12:11 PM
Vargus

Nate and Stella listened to the briefing, a sarcastic "One day they'll give us real Intel on the LZ... Guess we'll find out what it's like when we labd"." Stella rolls her eyes as she begins checking the plasma canisters carefully. Neither wanted the captured plasma weapon to overheat or leak plasma. They'd seen it happen before and it was never pretty. Plasma gun sorted and oiled they both checked the combat shotguns were loaded and all the rounds looked good.
The next ten minutes was an armour check over each one of them. The intimate body check ironically one of the reasons he had never pushed Stella and she'd never shown interest. Luckily no leaks or defects in the carapace could be found and cradling plasma gun and shotgun both reported to the Sgt ready for action. "Hey sarge. What's the plan? We splitting in fire teams or we expecting CQB and going house to house so just kill whatever we don't know?"

The_Necromancer
2016-10-24, 04:34 PM
"Alright, if there's no questions, then mount up" the General then proceeds to enters one of the six Drop Ships sitting in the Hanger bay. Without much direction you stand there for a few moments before the sergeant of ninth squad approaches you, a grizzled older man, "I understand you were never fully integrated into the Black Guard, I apologize for the General, usually we don't have to replace an entire squad, so someone usually knows what to do" He points at one of the drop ships "That's ninths and tenths ship, I'll explain as much as I can on our way down, but for now all you need to know is get on that ship."

YossarianLives
2016-10-24, 06:55 PM
Thressa will quietly thank the Sergeant, double check her gear one last time. Stumping onto the dropship along with Corten, she will try and find a secure object to hang onto, while silently observing her comrades.

Simsimillia
2016-10-25, 06:45 AM
Kaitlin did have questions after the short briefing they just got. If you wanted to call that a briefing. But there wouldn't be answers to the questions she had, else she had been given that information already. So she just stayed silent and gave Private Invansk a disapproving look when she saw the (unlit) Lho in the corner of his mouth. "Just don't chocke on it."

Corporal Vargus, the second highest in rank after her approached her, after he had recieved his plasma gun and Kaitlin shook her head in answer. "We keep standard formation until we're at the LZ and I say otherwise. No sense in making plans when we don't even know what we're dealing with."

For a moment Tenth Squad stood a bit lost in the hangar until they were approached by another sergeant. Kaitlin read his markings and noticed he was of Ninth Squad. She nodded a thanks and then gave the signal to her squad to mount the transport.

"Thank you Seargent, have you gotten any more intel on the LZ?"

DrK
2016-10-25, 07:36 AM
Vargus

Nate and Stella looked stunned at the lack of briefing before nodding to the grizzled looking sergeant and hot footed it to the drop ship. Clambering aboard Stella strapped in first whilst Nate checked her harness before he strapped in carefully beside her and she (as much as possible when restrained) checked over his harness as well. "Well this looks like its going to be a frakked up mess." Stella muttered quietly, Nate nodding in agreement as he carefully removed his mirrored glasses and dropped them in one of the utility pockets on the combat webbing. Checking the plasma gun was in safe mode and powered down (no-one wants an overheating plasma gun inside a drop ship) he looked at the Sergeant and gave a thumbs up. "three and four ready for drop boss..."

The_Necromancer
2016-10-26, 04:45 PM
Before answering your question, the ninth sergeant make an arm gesture, motioning you to follow, "We don't get much info on our way down, simply because command does't have much information to give. It's up to the pilot to get us in as close to AA Guns as they can, so that we can blow them up" entering the ship he waits for everyone to be buckled up before continuing "So who's your Demolition expert?"
---
OOC: I couldn't fit this into IC, but the closest comparison I could find to the Vasian Drop Ships in terms of visual and interior design is the Pelican Drop Ship from the Halo series.

DrK
2016-10-30, 12:14 AM
As the grizzled looking soldier asks a question Nate looks up. "Sorry sarge. They didn't give us any demo packs so we don't have no demo specialist. We are all guns. Closest is flaming Betty over there.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-10-30, 06:01 AM
Slatan made his cheecks big. Handling explosives was always exciting, he Didn't mind the hazard, it was hazardous all the time being a black guard.

But he dared not speak, his enthusiasm had caused trouble before, and he was wondering if he could even carry all that stuff.

Simsimillia
2016-10-30, 07:19 PM
Kaitlin nodded when her second in command replied to the question.

"The Corporal is right, we weren't issued with high explosives and have no one with special training. Hopefully, plasma and few bursts from the Betty will do the job."

As they boarded the shuttle she stored her gear and took her seat near the rear hatch.

"I guess we'll be taxied all the way through the AA fire?", she raised another question at the other Sergeant.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-30, 10:52 PM
Reid grins as he hefts his heavy flamer "Well Betty here doesn't play well with explosives and neither do my lho sticks so I'm staying well away from any explosives." Reid follows this up with a good natured shrug and then goes to enter the ship.

The_Necromancer
2016-10-30, 11:08 PM
The door behind you slowly closed before it audibly sealed "The Pilot will get us in as close as he can, if there's to much fire, it might be a hike, however if they don't notice our prescience, then we'll land as close as we can. Just don't count on the latter" the sergeant frowns "As for demolition, not even your Plasma Gun will cut through those bunkers. Which means I'll have to lend you some Melta Charges, they're simple devises, just stick them on a door, type 1342 on the number pad, and make sure you not next to it when it goes off, they'll blow back if they can't melt through"

YossarianLives
2016-11-02, 03:23 PM
Thressa shudders as the door closes; she is none too fond of being trapped in a metal tube with barely enough room to stretch one's legs for hours. Leaving her grumbling comrade, Thressa will try to move through the crowded shuttle toward the old sergeant, quietly apologizing whenever she bumps one of her squadmates.

"If I'm not speaking out of place, sir, do you have any idea what kind of resistance we'll be facing on the ground?"

DrK
2016-11-02, 03:29 PM
Nate grins and nods at the instructions. Trained in melta weapons as well as plasma he does indeed like "hotstuff". "THanks Sarge. We'll take any help gladly. Don't want to be locked out the party when we land on the ground.". Tossing a demo charge to Stella to stow in her backpack he sits and closes his eyes as he tries to keep his lunch in his stomach as the craft readies to leave. He hated the drop ships violent twisting combat drops especially as without any windows he couldn't even see the flak or incoming fire that may blot them all out the sky in an instant.

Simsimillia
2016-11-02, 04:05 PM
"Appreciated Sarge", Kaitlin nodded towards the man and went on to evenly distribute the high explosive charges among her squad.

She then turned to Thressa, "Standard PDF I guess. So lasguns, machine guns, grenade launchers, I guess. We'll see once we're planetside."

Checkmate-Pony
2016-11-03, 02:39 PM
Slatan had removed the carapace from his arms and head, it showed off his physique with barbaric quality, but it was actually more a matter of weight, he felt like a draft horse already serving his part as heavy gunner, Chani would carry all the ammo and looked practically over burdened

"When there is things I don't understand, I ussualy just let them happen" he said
"It often makes it more exciting when the drop is a mystery" he said with a gallows attitude

"I don't complain, I'm sure officers suffer just as we do, and complain as much as we do to their superiors about uncertain decisions"

"And when I say complain, I mean: worrying about death"
"I Shut up and don't think about it" he said, not at all comforting; and with that deep droopy tone, but that was just the way he spoke most the time.

The_Necromancer
2016-11-04, 03:37 AM
"There's no way of knowing what we'll find down there. We don't have the luxury of covert ops, it's hard to hide a ship of this size for long" after the hatch had closed, you no longer hear the sirens or intercoms going off, this is something that didn't happen in the non-Black Guard ships "It'll take awhile before we make planet fall, we likely wont even be living the damned Star Ship for awhile"
---
OOC: I'll write more tomorrow, but I posted this anyway as I'm not posting often enough and it gives you something to respond to.
There are five Melta Charges to go around

Simsimillia
2016-11-04, 10:19 PM
Kaitlin nodded in response before continuing with dry sarcasm more to herself than anyone in particular, "the usual waiting it is then. My favourite part."

She would've liked to smoke, but especially now that the hatch was closed that wasn't the best idea. She searched her pockets and instead found a pack of an imperial sweet she had palmed during her last raid. It was wrapped in alluminium paper and when she ripped it off a dark brown colored square came to light. She broke off bar and took a bite. The imperial sweet was more bitter than she thought, but not in a bad way. She offered the other Seargent a piece as well.

The_Necromancer
2016-11-08, 09:21 AM
The Sergeant had refused the sweet with what seemed like a bit of anger, whether it was because it was Imperial or just because it was a sweet was hard to say.

A few hours pass in silence before 9th Squad starts to double check they're weapons, noticing that your squad isn't doing the same the sergeant states "We just left the ship, get ready for planet fall"

---
OOC: Another short one, sorry about my recent posting scheduled.

GameOfChampions
2016-11-08, 03:22 PM
Reid hefts Betty off the ground into his arms and flicks his unlit lho stick around his mouth a few times nervously "Ready Sarge!"

The_Necromancer
2016-11-11, 01:25 PM
You're not long in the air before the ship starts jerking left and right followed by an audible explosion, you see the sergeant disengage his harness before you start getting a spinning sensation "Grab a chute" you hear the hatch seal break and the room is filled with wind and noise. The hatch opens slowly revealing a spinning assortment of greens and blues, you seem to still be very high in the air. The whole of ninth squad is one their feet now, opening a hatch above their seats, pulling out what seems to be a variant of the Imperial Grav-clutch.

YossarianLives
2016-11-12, 10:24 AM
Startled out of a reverie, Thressa quickly stands up and is almost sick at the swirling field of colours outside, rushing to grab a grav-chute she tries desperately to be the last to jump out.

DrK
2016-11-12, 03:24 PM
Nate Vargus

Nate and Stella look at each other as the ship jinks and weaves and flak can be heard through the armoured walls. He looks at Stella, "Maybe the whole teleporter thing would have been better after all" the last words shouted over the noise of the rushing air as the hatch opened. Eyes meet as the ground below can be seen but as the Sgt rises and straps on the grav chute they copy it. Both strapping on the grav chute as they tumble about double checking straps, guns and gear. Nate switching the plasma gun on as well, weapons starting to charge ad glow with dark blue energy!

"Who said we wanted to live forever?" Nate shouts to Stella's sarcastic "At least another few years would be good asshaole" as the two of them crawl across the metal grating to the edge looking down at the blurred land below. At the Sergeants command both grab hands and roll out together keeping a tight grip of each other so they don't get isolated during the drop.

What rolls do you need?

Checkmate-Pony
2016-11-14, 01:01 PM
Slatan's fist flies over to the release stud of Cani's harness, he quickly makes sure she has her chute first before letting go of her and releasing himself and his equipment and leaping from the crashing craft with a chute, his face was locked in alertness, an adrenal fulled survival instinct kicking in.

GameOfChampions
2016-11-14, 02:13 PM
Reid looks hesitantly at the grav chute he'd just grabbed and then at the others putting theirs on and jumping 'Damn. I hate this part' he grumbles mentally as he puts on the chute. He takes a couple deep breaths and as he sees Oskan make the jump he smacks himself on the chest a couple times "Come on Reid!" and throws himself out of the flyer.

The_Necromancer
2016-11-15, 05:08 PM
As you jump from the ship you fall for a few feet before an explosion rings out and one of ninth squad is gone, replaced by falling blood and gore, your Micro-bead engages and you can hear the sergeant "Do not engage Grav, I repeat do not engage Grav Clutches until we are under AA fire", you can see other ship taking fire, some burning and going down, while others are nose diving to get under the wall of fire.

YossarianLives
2016-11-22, 12:25 PM
Thressa tries to look away from the rain of gore, and almost throws-ups when she sees the planet's expanse stretching far below her, countless soldiers scurrying about. She settles on watching her squadmates and wondering, not for the first or last time, whether she would have done better working in a factory back home.

The_Necromancer
2016-12-01, 01:09 AM
Done/Dead.