PDA

View Full Version : Moon Called's Random Banter #86 of Sexy Anime Boys and Fangirl Squeals

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:30 PM
And Saithis, love, springtime flowers are all well and good, but you are surely the prettiest bloom here.

Oh, but now you usher on flattery to the flower already blooming and taken, what motivation lies in there, we wonder? To be kind or not to be kind? Radishes or oranges? These flowers are being trampled under your careless advance now, be careful, lest you make the pixies cry with your hope. :smallsmile:

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 09:39 PM
Oh, but now you usher on flattery to the flower already blooming and taken, what motivation lies in there, we wonder? To be kind or not to be kind? Radishes or oranges? These flowers are being trampled under your careless advance now, be careful, lest you make the pixies cry with your hope. :smallsmile:

Why, is not the rose already plucked just as fine, my dear? There is no need to usher on or off flattery for any beauteous thing regardless of current vegetative state. Kindness is a simple virtue that needs no motivation save kindness itself. Why, the difference between fruit and vegetable is no difference at all, for they both taste sweet and look fine blooming, or on the plate! The flowers always grow better for a little carelessness, and surely the fey would understand any man's need for a simple smile.

What the hell are we saying? What? WHAT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS! Who the HELL just wrote that? it's ridiculous!

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:43 PM
Why, is not the rose already plucked just as fine, my dear? There is no need to usher on or off flattery for any beauteous thing regardless of current vegetative state. Kindness is a simple virtue that needs no motivation save kindness itself. Why, the difference between fruit and vegetable is no difference at all, for they both taste sweet and look fine blooming, or on the plate! The flowers always grow better for a little carelessness, and surely the fey would understand any man's need for a simple smile.

What the hell are we saying? What? WHAT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS! Who the HELL just wrote that? it's ridiculous!

Shadow and faith is not determined indeterminately, but by chaotic patterns swirling through the mists of fate, time and essence. You do not determine the beauty of a thing by its colour or its shape, but by its soul. A soul taken should lose its external beauty, yet you claim understanding of a beauty of it. Evanescent it must be, for surely this will fade, when the soul of a shadow remains taken despite all hints of doom. Yet fruit and vegetable, differences do exist. The fruit exists to protect the seed, it is the fruition of the labour of creation, the fruit is life. The vegetable, not always. While some may hold similarities, many others are simply root or leaf or stem. Inherently all remain inferior to the power of the divine soul which infuses all embodied individuals of our land.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 09:48 PM
Well now you're just talking nonsense, dear.

SDF
2007-07-28, 09:50 PM
I could cut the tension in this discussion with a stick of butter. I think I know what we all want. *turns on Benny Hill theme*

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 09:51 PM
Did I just suddenly lose all understanding of the english language?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:55 PM
Affirmatively the sesquipedalian pigs of this new century speak to inform one D'anna that lost are all semblances of reality, understanding and conceptualization in the affairs of life, love, liberty and the english language. Two-ninety-nine is all that is required, you know; just a single drop of coin and it all collapses, but only if language breaks down to lack understandable infusions of nature's instincts into itself.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 09:56 PM
Affirmatively the sesquipedalian pigs of this new century speak to inform one D'anna that lost are all semblances of reality, understanding and conceptualization in the affairs of life, love, liberty and the english language. Two-ninety-nine is all that is required, you know; just a single drop of coin and it all collapses, but only if language breaks down to lack understandable infusions of nature's instincts into itself.

You know, you get really sexy when you babble.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:58 PM
You know, you get really sexy when you babble.

Many times said this remains so ten times more it shall be said; advances of unhinged persuasion are undesired by the null gods of doomsday tomorrow. Well undeserved and unwanted they are, for the shadow's soul remains taken, seized hold of tight, claws and fangs biting down upon its heart, warm tail curled about, protecting and ensuring its safety. Saithis' heart is taken, for none other to touch, for none other to see, for none other to please.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 09:59 PM
Noooooo. It isn't.
You fail to see my point.
Truth and falsehood are intrinsic values in my mind. An element is an element, whether we know what an element is or not. A prime number is a prime number, whether we have the concept of math or not. Zero is nothing and infinity is infinite, whether we care or are rotting in the gutter, being decomposed by weather and leftover rum. It doesn't matter whether or not something understands or observes it, or even if it's quali or quanitfiable. it doesn't make any difference. It's just there.

So, you're assuming that there must be some ultimate-objective viewpoint which is absolutely correct? And that this viewpoint, although it is not yours, is the standard by which all things shall be judged true or false?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 10:01 PM
I'm going to take that as an 'I don't want to dance in the flowers with you, I hate you, go commit suicide'. Well I'm not gonna, but you're a mean person! *Sniff.* :smallfrown:

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:05 PM
So, you're assuming that there must be some ultimate-objective viewpoint which is absolutely correct? And that this viewpoint, although it is not yours, is the standard by which all things shall be judged true or false?

If....you find the ideas that "Lead is an Element", "Gold Exists" and "Blueberries contain Blueberries" "ultimate objective viewpoints", yeah, that's what I think.

Saithis, it's kind of sexy, but kind of annoying now. M srry.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:07 PM
I'm going to take that as an 'I don't want to dance in the flowers with you, I hate you, go commit suicide'. Well I'm not gonna, but you're a mean person! *Sniff.* :smallfrown:

You mean me, right? :smallconfused:

Sorry, at first I didn't hear you because of all the delicious caramel that isn't entombing me alive at this moment :smallyuk:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:08 PM
If....you find the ideas that "Lead is an Element", "Gold Exists" and "Blueberries contain Blueberries" "ultimate objective viewpoints", yeah, that's what I think.

Saithis, it's kind of sexy, but kind of annoying now. M srry.

Well, I'm just curious, but doesn't that form the core of a faith?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 10:09 PM
Adamant you maintain your position yet not so adamant the truth? Perplexing this individual remains, lamenting his own guilt and not-guilt at the same time, trapped in the world of his own creation, trapped by the world's voice in our heads. All of it, we can all hear it, it is simply whether we listen or hate; to hide our nature or to embrace it, that is the question that redefines us. This adamant insistence in 'annoyance' is only a moderate attempt to become unbecoming and to bring causation in the eventual acquiescence of the shadow to desist its speech.

You mean me, right? :smallconfused:

Sorry, at first I didn't hear you because of all the delicious caramel that isn't entombing me alive at this moment :smallyuk:

*Throws you in the vat in the caramel factory.*

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:14 PM
*Dies a delicious death*
^_^

Now that that's taken care of, my rather gooey remains would be delighted to lurch among the flowers with you.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 10:15 PM
Lurch amongst the flowers with you? Please, why on earth would I ever spend time in the flowers, let alone time in the flowers with YOU?

SDF
2007-07-28, 10:17 PM
*waters Saithis*

Please share with me the wisdom of your flower power.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:19 PM
Well, I'm just curious, but doesn't that form the core of a faith?

Ummmmm.....noooooo...it forms the basis of a belief. The differences are vast and well documented. One is based on religous norms. The other I got because it's science. If you really want to say that "Because the Periodic Table is unanimously accepted as a Table that is Periodic, all Scientists have a faith" then go ahead.

PS! Saithis likes me better!

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:19 PM
Lurch amongst the flowers with you? Please, why on earth would I ever spend time in the flowers, let alone time in the flowers with YOU?

I'm actually a little disappointed you didn't ask me if I liked Schrodinger's Cat. :smallfrown:

EDIT:

Ummmmm.....noooooo...it forms the basis of a belief. The differences are vast and well documented. One is based on religous norms. The other I got because it's science. If you really want to say that "Because the Periodic Table is unanimously accepted as a Table that is Periodic, all Scientists have a faith" then go ahead.

I don't necessarily mean to imply anything religious, but rather to point out that you're adjusting your perspective of (EDIT) Truth on a particular line of thought that can't be objectively proven except by the very ultimate-objective viewpoint which you profess.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:20 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed you didn't ask me if I liked Schrodinger's Cat. :smallfrown:

'Twas a vicous bastard. Don't bother.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 10:21 PM

Assonant cries of pedantic screaming children donning university gowns. Amusing contests made up by a desire; but what desire might this be?

Hey, I gave you your caramel, be happy with that, s'far as I'm concerned, it's all you're getting.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:22 PM
'Twas a vicous bastard. Don't bother.

I maintain you'll never really know if you like the cat or not until you meet him. ^_^

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:23 PM
Assonant cries of pedantic screaming children donning university gowns. Amusing contests made up by a desire; but what desire might this be?

Yeah, I know you're taken, and you're more nutty than a hippy teenage Arilou on crack in Quasispace, but just kiss me by god! Insanity is like, the new Tall. Appearance wise.

EDIT: Stand outside Shrodingers door. Will the cat scratch you? You have no idea. Schrodinger did, though. Why do you think he gassed the poor bastard?

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:30 PM
Hey, I gave you your caramel, be happy with that, s'far as I'm concerned, it's all you're getting.

And now I'm like a Deliciousness Golem.

...I think I just gained (SA)Tooth Rot

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:32 PM
You do know you could be devoured by a parapalegic Commoner with a level of -300 who could be beaten by a falling leaf...right?

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:37 PM
On second thought, it's more like a caramel mummy.

You do know you could be devoured by a parapalegic Commoner with a level of -300 who could be beaten by a falling leaf...right?
Not bloody likely. I've got a grapple modifier like you wouldn't believe, and a whole host of Special attacks. Immune to bludgeoning and piercing damage (although cold damage negates this resistance for a while). Furthermore, I've picked up a new supernatural disease instead of mummy rot: Tooth Rot.
My movement might be rubbish, and cold might slow me down, but I've got a fantastic Charisma score.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:38 PM
"Raaawr, I am Sken, the great Caramel Golem of YOUR DO- omgomg get it off it's eating my foot OH MY GOD THAT OTHER ONE'S GOT MY HAND oh oh OH NO NOT THE FACENOTHEFACENOTHEFACE!!!!!"

'nuff said. You are caramel. You can't even MOVE for half the year, and the other half you're brittle.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:41 PM
"Raaawr, I am Sken, the great Caramel Golem of YOUR DO- omgomg get it off it's eating my foot OH MY GOD THAT OTHER ONE'S GOT MY HAND oh oh OH NO NOT THE FACENOTHEFACENOTHEFACE!!!!!"

'nuff said. You are caramel. You can't even MOVE for half the year, and the other half you're brittle.

You're missing the subtlety of the attack: It's like ALIEN but the other way around :smallamused: Animate caramel decides halfway down your esophagus that it'd rather stay right where it is...or flow back up and back down into your lungs...

EDIT: Or like a saccharine Terminator 2

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:45 PM
If the caramel stayed animate after being severed by might Adventurer Jaws, then it wouldn't be so much a Caramel Golem as a congealed Caramel Sw-

I'm a genius. I think we should homebrew this together. Caramel Swarm. Some fiend animates a vat of caramel. Completely different powers based on temperature, plus a thirtytwo point bonus to Deliciousness and possibly some Will-based tempting feats.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:51 PM
If the caramel stayed animate after being severed by might Adventurer Jaws, then it wouldn't be so much a Caramel Golem as a congealed Caramel Sw-

I'm a genius. I think we should homebrew this together. Caramel Swarm. Some fiend animates a vat of caramel. Completely different powers based on temperature, plus a thirtytwo point bonus to Deliciousness and possibly some Will-based tempting feats.

Sort of like a construct Ooze swarm. Tiny little caramels that melt together or separate as the situation demands. 0_o
+10 racial modifier to grapple checks.
Cold damage causes it to be slowed as the spell for three rounds, but alters the nature of its natural weapons until fire damage is applied. While chilled, large bonus to natural armor, but loses immunity to bludgeoning and piercing damage.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:54 PM
While chilled, it should be easier to damage bludgeoning-wise. Hell, the toffee I got (basically caramel) came with it's own hammer.
Instead of "until fire damage is applied" it could be some arbitrary thing like one minute per point of cold damage, or one round if out in hot sun. Plus, you could have a "melty" version that basically invelops and suffocates the poors fiends who cross it.

PS, I just read your sig. When did I say that?

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 10:56 PM
Dude, just follow the little green arrow; It will show you.

Also: fast healing while in melty-stage? but also reduced movement rate.

Cyrano
2007-07-28, 10:57 PM
Why would I waste my time doing THAT, when you could tell me?
*ambles off to check*.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-28, 11:07 PM
Does the post ring a bell?

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 02:54 AM
Damn, I'm always late to the party.
But I have some input, uneccersary if not

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Box.jpg

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 03:25 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/schrodingers-lolcat1.jpg
Deja vu anyone?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/494543995_c33c97f18c.jpg

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 03:31 AM
Copy http://www.randomsabers.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Archonic Energy
2007-07-29, 03:39 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/494543995_c33c97f18c.jpg

*engage infinate time loop*

THAT was funny...

:smallsmile:

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 03:43 AM
*engage infinate time loop*

now THAT'S funny

:smallsmile:

you snipped out my white text...

Archonic Energy
2007-07-29, 03:47 AM
you snipped out my white text...

because it'd show up against the quote background...
unless you know the colour of the quote background?

besides my orignal quote was in reference to "Can I has Determinacy?"

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 03:49 AM
This time loop is clearly the evil work of the devil!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-29, 06:01 AM
This won't show when quoted.
But this will.

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 06:04 AM
But this will.Freaky .

SMEE
2007-07-29, 07:02 AM
Yay! Yesterday I found that I have the best boyfriend ever!

I'm soooo happy! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Now to find a way to make this year pass as fast as possible... I need to spend my vacations at Turkey. (Not before dealing with a small issue, of course) :smallredface:

Why universe seems to enjoy matching me with people who lives no less than a thousand miles from me? :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2007-07-29, 07:05 AM
Ooooo what happened, Smee?

SMEE
2007-07-29, 07:11 AM
Serpentine:
I found out that Khan and I share many traits and common interests. :smallsmile:
We have very similar ideas on how to have fun and enjoy our time together! :smallbiggrin:

I'm such a lucky gal! :smallredface:

Serpentine
2007-07-29, 07:18 AM
Heh, see, I would've figured that they're the sorts of things that had gotten you together in the first place. So what, you thought he was a jerk you had nothing in common with before? :smalltongue: (<- =kidding)

Dispozition
2007-07-29, 07:18 AM
You know...since there are two girls here...What's the best way to ask a girl out?

I'm really struggling for coming up with a way to do it...

I don't just want to ask outright 'cause I'll have no idea what to say after...I'm not really a subtle person, so doing it discretely is hard...Goddamn it...*headdesk*

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 07:21 AM
If you want to play it safe, ask her if she'd like to get some coffee. You can express an interest and if she is not interested, easily fall back to the friendship aspect.

Dispozition
2007-07-29, 07:23 AM
No, no...She's interested...I'm just not totally sure I am...which makes this harder...Goddamn peer pressure and me wanting to be nice....*headdesk more*

Serpentine
2007-07-29, 07:24 AM
Do not say "will you go out with me?" Please. Invite her somewhere... hmmm, not knowing what's around makes it hard. Well, how much do you know about her, anyway? How well do you know her? Are you strangers, aquaintances, friends? That could change things a little...

edit: If she's interested but you're not... then you probably don't want to really be asking her out per se. That's more of a "would you like to have lunch with me at this cafe I know, so I can get to know you?" thing. Try not to let it be a pity date or anything like that, and try to give her a real chance.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-29, 07:29 AM
Are you strangers...

Yeah, I often feel compelled to ask strangers out. The way they looked at you just make you wish to commit to a relationship.

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I often feel compelled to ask strangers out. The way they looked at you just make you wish to commit to a relationship.

Oh man, it's good to know I'm not the only one that happens too. Because, the people I ask sure don't get that feeling.

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 08:42 AM
I made the forums look so much neater now (Not to mention, it loads pages a lot faster now)

No avatars, no annoying signatures.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 08:48 AM
I made the forums look so much neater now (Not to mention, it loads pages a lot faster now)

*gasp* favoring content over style?! This will cause the downfall of capitalism.

*starts business selling "Down with capitalism!" T-shirts*

*Revels in the irony*

Serpentine
2007-07-29, 08:49 AM
...no more uniqueness, no more personality...

Death: Lemalone. I hear it's all the rage.

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 08:56 AM
*gasp* favoring content over style?! This will cause the downfall of capitalism.

*starts business selling "Down with capitalism!" T-shirts*

*Revels in the irony*

*Nicks T-shirt*

Down with capitalism! Down with authority! Let us form communes together! Destroy the governments! Let Anarchist Communism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_communism) form a new world!

Ceska
2007-07-29, 09:22 AM
Agreed. It's simply better that way.

Down with capitalism! Down with authority! Let us form communes together! Destroy the governments! Let Anarchist Communism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_communism) form a new world!
And then let's get corrupt and sell out. It's the way of life!

...no more uniqueness, no more personality...
Except for the names. And the content. Which should be the main part of a post anyway. Besides, I found it easier to remember posters by their style and their names than their avatars and signatures.

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 09:31 AM
And then let's get corrupt and sell out. It's the way of life!

I think you're confusing two types of communism here, anarchist communism is very different from collectivist communism.

Ceska
2007-07-29, 09:35 AM
I think you're confusing two types of communism here, anarchist communism is very different from collectivist communism.
Oh, I know. And it wasn't a hint to the October Revolution but rather my personal view on any revolution, in the end they fail.

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 09:40 AM
Oh, I know. And it wasn't a hint to the October Revolution but rather my personal view on any revolution, in the end they fail.

That's why you need to prepare it, I think the conspiracy theorists have the correct Idea for how one should accomplish this.

Basically, you need to find a way to control all organizations, I have found such a way and just need time to enact my plans, a lot of time. In fact, I doubt I will live to see it finished.

Ceska
2007-07-29, 09:43 AM
Basically, you need to find a way to control all organizations, I have found such a way and just need time to enact my plans, a lot of time. In fact, I doubt I will live to see it finished.
And who's going to finish it?

Personally, I start to think Capitalism is the perfect system for humanity. Not for one, not for me and certainly not working perfectly, but exactly what humanity deserves.

SDF
2007-07-29, 09:46 AM

Personally, I start to think Capitalism is the perfect system for humanity. Not for one, not for me and certainly not working perfectly, but exactly what humanity deserves.

What humanity deserves? Is that supposed to be a misanthropic statement?

I think communism is utterly stupid myself. There is a complete lack of motivation for a person to achieve. Maybe if we were robots...

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 09:46 AM

Someone who's born after I've died, most likely, as I'm thinking in a scale of centuries, at least. It might even span millenniums.

Ceska
2007-07-29, 09:48 AM
What humanity deserves? Is that supposed to be a misanthropic statement?
Why, do you think capitalism is bad?

I think communism is utterly stupid myself. There is a complete lack of motivation for a person to achieve. Maybe if we were robots...
It's not communism that is the problem, it's more the state between communism and the previous society, most of the time called socialism, that is the problem.

Someone who's born after I've died, most likely, as I'm thinking in a scale of centuries, at least. It might even span millenniums.
How do you know there won't be the corruption exactly at that point?

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 09:52 AM

It's not communism that is the problem, it's more the state between communism and the previous society, most of the time called socialism, that is the problem.

I have my methods, now of course, they are most likely not flawless, it *should* do the trick.

SDF
2007-07-29, 09:53 AM

Saying that it is what we "deserved" seemed to have a negative connotation. I wasn't implying a thing.

I was referring to it as economy not government. I don't want to get into the political aspect of it. (cause we can't :P) So I won't comment further.

Ceska
2007-07-29, 09:56 AM
Saying that it is what we "deserved" seemed to have a negative connotation. I wasn't implying a thing.
Good, cause it wasn't anything negative. If you deserved a cookie and got it you'd also get what you deserve, at least IMHO.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 10:11 AM
I hereby pronounce you guilty as charged of being awesome. Your sentence is to have a cookie. Here you are.

2007-07-29, 10:25 AM
I hereby pronounce you guilty as charged of being awesome. Your sentence is to have a cookie. Here you are.

NOOOOOOO!

*Death flings open the courtroom doors*

I admit, it was me! He is innocent! I killed coronal mustard in the dinning room!

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 10:30 AM
NOOOOOOO!

*Death flings open the courtroom doors*

I admit, it was me! He is innocent! I killed coronal mustard in the dinning room!

And what weapon did you use, mister Hendrick Olaf Rose Sean Egbert Man, titled "of the apocalypse" and with the nickname "Death"?

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 11:26 AM
Coronal mustard in the dinning room? First, what the hell is dinning and why do we need a room for it? Second, is the Colonal shocked at this atrocious new military ranks, the "Coronal"?

Nice "fling" though. It's got style. It's got substance.

SDF
2007-07-29, 11:31 AM
Coronal mustard in the dinning room? First, what the hell is dinning and why do we need a room for it? Second, is the Colonal shocked at this atrocious new military ranks, the "Coronal"?

Nice "fling" though. It's got style. It's got substance.

Don't you mean the Colonel :smallwink: Silly Diane person.

2007-07-29, 11:47 AM
Tsk, I worked a long day, and if you have never heard of dinning or coronal I can only assume you were under educated *rolls eyes*

Really I just wanted the cookie...

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 11:49 AM
First of all, SDF, I'm canadian. I'm ALLOWED to misspell things.

Second of all, Death, you live in a plane made entirely of cookies! Just, eat your neighbor or something.

SDF
2007-07-29, 11:51 AM
That's fine Beers person, but you shouldn't go around correcting other people then.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 11:55 AM
This from the person who consistently ignores my name? No, I think I'll correct anyone I want, kthxbai.

bosssmiley
2007-07-29, 12:18 PM

Coronal - Elven highborn in the FR setting. Presumably a horribly kludgy derivation from "corona".

And D'anna, I'm sure you appreciate how much people love being told they're in the wrong. They're always so grateful and ready to listen when you tell them that. :smallwink:

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 12:34 PM
Come on people, let's all play nicely now. And try to spell things right. You can't get corrected if you don't make mistakes.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 12:41 PM
Coronal - Elven highborn in the FR setting. Presumably a horribly kludgy derivation from "corona". And...they're....made of mustard?

And D'anna, I'm sure you appreciate how much people love being told they're in the wrong. They're always so grateful and ready to listen when you tell them that. :smallwink:

What's the sarcasm for, mister? It's MY bread and butter! Except tastier! It's like my bread and butter and apple butter. But no peanut butter, because that stuff is sticky and I don't like it that much anyway.
But hey! Your post was high quality put down too! Thanks man! Gimme a hug!
*Invasion of personal space!*

Yeah, anyway, nomrom, I don't entirely get your post. Are you saying being corrected is bad? Because in that case, I say we should team up and start sabotaging the public school system.

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 12:48 PM
That's not really what I was saying. I meant if you don't want to be corrected then don't make mistakes. However, I am all for sabotaging the public school system, so let's do that anyways.

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 12:49 PM
However, I am all for sabotaging the public school system, so let's do that anyways.Im in too :smallbiggrin:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 12:54 PM
Is it just me, or does 'Mustard Corona' Sound like a really good name for a sandwich shop? :smallconfused:

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 12:54 PM
Nomrom, you take out the schools. I'll take out the schoolboard members and convince members of the Home and School associations to rebel. Sean, you go out and look for explosives. We need someone to take out the PRIVATE schools too...
Sken: Change of plans. You make the shop, I'll force people at gunpoint to buy from Mustard Corona, the best delisandwichshoppemeisterplace in the universe.

SweetLikeLemons
2007-07-29, 12:57 PM
I think perhaps I know who Death meant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night%27s_Dream#Characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night%27s_Dream#Characters)
look right at the bottom of the list...
Yes, I know it says fairy, not elf. Close enough.
And the dinning room is where you din, duh. I expect it has soundproofed walls, which would make it an excellent place to kill someone.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 01:01 PM
I think coupons would be just as effective and far less illegal, as far as PR campaigns go.

Incidentally, why not try the Red Giant? Layer upon layer of roast beef on Italian bread with red onions, red peppers, a touch of mayonnaise, leafy lettuce and fries on the side?

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 01:03 PM
I think coupons would be just as effective and far less illegal, as far as PR campaigns go.

Incidentally, why not try the Red Giant? Layer upon layer of roast beef on Italian bread with red onions, red peppers, a touch of mayonnaise, leafy lettuce and fries on the side?

The sandwich: yes.

The coupons: When your best method of PR is giving people stuff for free and then expecting them to pay for it, you're outta business. Just give me the remington, Johnny!

FdL
2007-07-29, 01:05 PM
Red Giant? Is that one of those sandwiches that are ridiculously big to the point of being difficult to eat? (hmmm...unless you're the Sarlacc).
I mean, someone should keep a reference of the average person's mouth when making sandwiches...What's the point in carefully layering a huge sandwich if all the ingredients are going to fall off when trying to bite it?

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 01:07 PM
Coupons may not be illegal, but that's what makes the other system so much more fun.

Also, taking out the schools will be difficult. Heightened terrorist awareness and such. I'll do my best though, and if I get caught I'll try not to rat you out. Which, since I don't actually know your names, will probably be pretty easy.

About the sandwich size, the bigger the better I say. Just smash the sandwich down until it fits in your mouth. If some of it falls out, well some sacrifices have to be made.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 01:08 PM
Red Giant? Is that one of those sandwiches that are ridiculously big to the point of being difficult to eat? (hmmm...unless you're the Sarlacc).
I mean, someone should keep a reference of the average person's mouth when making sandwiches...What's the point in carefully layering a huge sandwich if all the ingredients are going to fall off when trying to bite it?

It'd be large long rather than large huge. (if that makes any sense)
It's also available on a kaiser roll as "Red Dwarf" :smallwink:

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:10 PM
It's also available on a kaiser roll as "Red Dwarf" :smallwink:But i would have to be served covered in curryThat is what they ate on that show, right?

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 01:16 PM
But i would have to be served covered in curryThat is what they ate on that show, right?

Well, there's "Faithful to the cult classic" and then there's "is actually a tasty sandwich to eat."
I choose the one that gains Mustard Corona more money :smallbiggrin:

Also: The Schwarzchile: On black Rye, roast turkey touched with horseradish mustard, green peppers and tomato. Uncertainty Sauce optional.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 01:18 PM
Schrodingers Sandwich:
Will it be tasty? How much does it cost? Will they ever actually get around to serving you?

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 01:29 PM
Schrodingers Sandwich:
Will it be tasty? How much does it cost? Will they ever actually get around to serving you?

Nah, that's what you'd call the Special of the Day.

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:34 PM
Will they ever actually get around to serving you?Nope thats just being British

SDF
2007-07-29, 01:40 PM

Bet I could handle it.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5173/mesarlaaclz6.gif

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:43 PM

It all makes sense

Sarlaac
Devours
Far, far away

FdL
2007-07-29, 02:12 PM
Bet I could handle it.

Total WIN :D

BTW, related to this, I was feeling like getting Lego Star Wars, both of them... But seeing that they're going to release a Complete version combining all movies and extra stuff, I'd rather play that one. The downside is that is planned for consoles only (crap). But I hope it will come out for PC eventually.

See how the gaming industry doesn't want my money? *raspberries, then walks away*

Raistlin1040
2007-07-29, 02:52 PM
*streaks through thread*

Code Monkeys rules!

FdL
2007-07-29, 03:37 PM
*streaks through thread*

Code Monkeys rules!

Huh? Are you referring to the makers of PCGen and eTools? (?) If not, I don't have a clue so I'll buy a vowel.

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 03:42 PM
Buy an 'E'. There's always an 'E'. In fact, I think it might be the most common letter in the English alphabet.

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 03:44 PM
I used to intentionally design hangman games where the answer had no e. Got them every time.

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 03:44 PM
I'll buy a plasma screen

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 03:45 PM
Does plasma even have vocal cords?
Edit: Your edit's still wrong, Sean. Or did I read it wrong? I don't know, but it IS wrong.
Edit Edit: sneaky sneaky.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-29, 03:48 PM
I used to intentionally design hangman games where the answer had no e. Got them every time.

I used to be fantastic at Hangman. I used all these old fashioned words.
Soliloquy always got them. The most common letter in that is 's'.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 03:50 PM
I used to be fantastic at Hangman. I used all these old fashioned words.
Soliloquy always got them. The most common letter in that is 's'.

No it isn't.

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 03:50 PM

Let me guess. You also managed to leave out t,s,and r. Maybe n too.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-29, 03:54 PM
That's nothing; when I played Hangman, I always wrote it in BINARY.
No one ever guesses zero *mwahaha....*

I'm so clever, and definitely not a cheater!

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 04:02 PM
When I did hangman, I always did it in ELEPHANT. It got kinda predictable.

FdL
2007-07-29, 04:04 PM
Buy an 'E'. There's always an 'E'. In fact, I think it might be the most common letter in the English alphabet.

Hey, it's true (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequencies)! Very interesting! In fact, that's the vowel I should buy since it's also the most frequently used letter in the spanish alphabet.

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 04:21 PM
Hey, it's true (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequencies)! Very interesting! In fact, that's the vowel I should buy since it's also the most frequently used letter in the spanish alphabet.
Spanglish?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-29, 04:27 PM
No it isn't.

Well, I don't really know the order of the alphabet based on Most Used. It's a fair bet that X is the least used, or in the top 5 of least Used.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-29, 05:26 PM

*Looks at letter frequencies*

Poor Z. Always under-used and mispronounced by those mean Americans. (Though the Americans even it out be using it more often than the neglectful British, you realize).

Nomrom
2007-07-29, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't the poor letter 'z' be just as underused in Canada, as it is America? If not even more underused because you guys use more British spellings than we do?
Also, Spanish is the next biggest language in America, and French is the next biggest in Canada, correct? Well, that poor letter 'z' is used more in Spanish than in French, so we definitely have you Canadians beat.

Scorpina
2007-07-29, 05:53 PM
*Looks at letter frequencies*

Poor Z. Always under-used and mispronounced by those mean Americans. (Though the Americans even it out be using it more often than the neglectful British, you realize).

You ought to realise that we make it more special by not using it too much, and pronouncing it properly.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 05:56 PM
You ought to realise that we make it more special by not using it too much, and pronouncing it properly.

herb.

herb.

herb.

herb.

Scorpina
2007-07-29, 05:57 PM
A word, you will note, that has a 'h' in it.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:00 PM
"We need a silent 'g' sound...in case of any accidents or something. And an 'h' as well!"

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:05 PM
Spanglish?

I'm a native spanish speaker from Argentina. So "e" is good for everyday use too. I'm also bilingual.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-29, 06:15 PM
Fie on the British and their neglect of the beauty that is Z.

In other—moderately related—news, I've changed my keyboard layout to the Dvorak set-up, just because I want to see how it works. Kinda interesting...I can see the pattern; I'm using the keys on the home row a lot more. This might take some getting used to, though.

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:20 PM
F
In other—moderately related—news, I've changed my keyboard layout to the Dvorak set-up, just because I want to see how it works. Kinda interesting...I can see the pattern; I'm using the keys on the home row a lot more. This might take some getting used to, though.

Ummm...But the labels on the keys are still the same! This has to be terribly difficult to use.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-29, 06:23 PM
I removed the keys and put them back on in the new order.

I think I'm getting the hang of it...sorta. I think I might go type out "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" a few thousand times.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:30 PM
...wait...you did what?

what?

wait...

what?

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:32 PM
I removed the keys and put them back on in the new order.

:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

You're really serious about this!

I guess it's better if you can type properly, and do it very fast. The problem is always geting used to something that's so different. We all know how to type even if we can't do it the correct way (using all fingers on both hands), because of the time we've been using the same keyboard layout. So it probably took years to get used to where everything is in QWERTY.

Still, you're a brave man and this world needs more innovators like you :) I applaud you.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:34 PM
I'm still really confused. How does that work? Don't if you take the letter off and put it over on a different letter it still types the same letter? It does, I know, I've went to public high school. I'm confused, someone explain.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-29, 06:34 PM
*sigh* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_keyboard)

Suddenly, ctrl-c/x/v don't make sense anymore, since they aren't right next to each other.

@Am: you go into the Windows control panel and you can change the keyboard settings by clicking language options.

Hoggy
2007-07-29, 06:35 PM
Alphabetic Ftw

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:37 PM
*sigh* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_keyboard)

@Am: you go into the Windows control panel and you can change the keyboard settings by clicking language options.

tl; dr.

thank you for the condensed answer though.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 06:39 PM
You guys type? I just employ slave labour.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:40 PM
You guys type? I just employ slave labour.

Modern day: Where illiteracy is the trait of the wealthy.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-29, 06:43 PM
thank you for the condensed answer though.

Heh. Need condensed answers right now. Take too long to type otherwise. :smallamused:

I just wanted too see what it's like. Only on my comp, though. On the family computer, it's back to QWERTY.

FdL
Hmmm...This could set a trend...
But think of all those poor monkeys typing in captivity...They're going to be confused as hell!
If this is the case, don't hold your breath for the next Harry Potter. :D

Cyrano
Hell, I CAN write. I just enjoy yelling out "A! F! W! Wait, typo! Backspace! Backspace! Backspace!" and getting whips.

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:49 PM
Hell, I CAN write. I just enjoy yelling out "A! F! W! Wait, typo! Backspace! Backspace! Backspace!" and getting whips.

Don't be too tough on the poor girls. Look at all you've managed to post in the last 3 pages.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 06:52 PM
That's because I have about 30 keyboards, each one that's just a massive letter or symbol. Then I order people to jump on them. Hell, it's practically stress relief, except for the slavery. And the Z key keeps dying. It's expensive to replace, really.

bosssmiley
2007-07-30, 11:56 AM
Modern day: Where illiteracy is the trait of the wealthy.

I keep a small Egyptian houseboy called Ahmed around to be illiterate for me.
And this post? Dictated to my primary personal secretary. Typed up by the duty stenographer. Then transmitted to the Intartubes via my steam-powered personal Morse Code station here at Huevo Mansions. It really is simply too agreeable. *sybaritic wave of the hand*

On a related matter: Behold! The effortlessly louche and decadent British wisdom of The Chap (http://www.thechap.net/content/section_archive/dressing-gown.html) (a guide to living the life of a more refined age...)

SMEE
2007-07-30, 12:09 PM
Oy... I'm freezing over here... :smalleek:
Temperatures have been quite low lately around here. I can barelly feel my fingers. :smalleek:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-30, 12:14 PM
Where are you? I think I remember you mentioning the UK ages ago but I can't recall.
Here, in the UK it's warm, blue skies and sunny. At least where I am.:smallbiggrin: *pokes fun at Jibar and his weather problem*

zombie chick
2007-07-30, 12:21 PM
yep its finally sunny and hot in the uk! everyone enjoy it while its here before it decides it wants to flee from all the crazy people

SMEE
2007-07-30, 12:23 PM
* points to the location label right below her avatar. :smalltongue:

I'll mostly likely move to UK (much to the dismay of my boyfriend, who'd prefer me to move to Turkey, even though we'll end up being closer) within an year. :smallsmile:

Hoggy
2007-07-30, 12:28 PM
Gah... I was hoping to move out of England ASAP, it's not all it's cracked up to be. or maybe that's just me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thinkage.

bosssmiley
2007-07-30, 12:36 PM
Gah... I was hoping to move out of England ASAP, it's not all it's cracked up to be. or maybe that's just me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thinkage.

It's just you hanging out in the sucky part of the country. We keep all the best bits secret and only tell our close friends about them. :smallwink:

I'll let you in on a bit of a secret here. *checks for eavesdroppers* It's part of the initiatory ritual: if you can hack living in the bad parts we've set up as testing areas with no more complaint than an occasional "S'not so good." then you might eventually earn the right to see the really good parts of England. Consider it something like a hazing. :smallamused:

Quincunx
2007-07-30, 12:40 PM
If you think you're freezing now, wait 'til you combine it with the damp of the British isles! It's never cold per-se, at least not to one who moved to it just before the -30 C cold front moved in, but heat is equally impossible to find. People will, without a trace of irony, complain about the heat when the outside temperature tops 20 C.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-30, 12:50 PM
We do. We sure do.
The good or at least average thing about our weather is that when it isn't raining you really learn to appreciate the sun.
And just because you can see the sun doesn't mean it's warm. When it's warm and sunny all you see is shorts and T-shirts and people head to the beach.
Even if what you consider warm is 21'C. That is; hat for the UK is 25-28'C. Anything over is freakish. 21'C is average.

Another thing: people have seen a Great White off St. Ives. As someone who lives very near I know it was a Basking Shark. And due to the warmth over 70 people had to be rescued from riptides and stuff around the North of Cornawall. Most around Chapelporth. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...

InaVegt
2007-07-30, 12:54 PM
People will, without a trace of irony, complain about the heat when the outside temperature tops 20 C.

Temperatures above 290 K are temperatures to complain about, it just ain't healthy that kind of heat.

Yes, I'm serious about the right to complain, people die from those temperatures.

bosssmiley
2007-07-30, 01:05 PM
Temperatures above 290 K are temperatures to complain about, it just ain't healthy that kind of heat.

Yes, I'm serious about the right to complain, people die from those temperatures.

"Awe ya kawd like?" :smallbiggrin:

The Geordie Scale of Temperature

50 DEGREES
Southerners turn on the heating.
People in Newcastle plant their gardens.

40 DEGREES
Southerners shiver uncontrollably.
People in Newcastle sunbathe.

35 DEGREES
Southern cars will not start.
People in Newcastle drive with the windows down.

20 DEGREES
Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats.
People in Newcastle throw on a T-shirt (girls start wearing mini skirts.)

15 DEGREES
Southerners begin to evacuate.
People in Newcastle go swimming in the North Sea.

ZERO DEGREES
Southern landlords turn up the heat.
People in Newcastle have the last barbecue before it gets cold.

MINUS 10 DEGREES
Southerners cease to exist.
People in Newcastle throw on a lightweight jacket.

MINUS 80 DEGREES
Polar bears wonder if it's worth it.
Boy scouts in Newcastle start wearing long trousers.

MINUS 100 DEGREES
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
People in Newcastle put on their long johns.

MINUS 173 DEGREES
Alcohol freezes.
People in Newcastle become frustrated because the pubs are shut.

MINUS 297 DEGREES
Microbial life starts to disappear.
The cows on Newcastle Town Moor complain about vets with cold hands.

MINUS 460 DEGREES
All atomic motion stops.
People in Newcastle start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.

MINUS 500 DEGREES
Hell freezes over.
Sunderland qualify for Europe.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 01:09 PM
"Awe ya kawd like?" :smallbiggrin:

The Geordie Scale of Temperature

*snip*

Hell freezes over.
Sunderland qualify for Europe.I hereby declare Bosssmiley the winner of everything

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-30, 01:18 PM
Seconded. That is hilarious. You should go higher though.

FdL
2007-07-30, 01:19 PM
As I posted not long ago, it's really cold here in Argentina too. This has been a weird winter, much harsher than others. It's snowed in Buenos Aires, go figure.

I think I'd hate living in the UK, for what you tell about the weather. Actually I hate both extreme cold and extreme heat :s But I lived in the northeast of spain in a place where weather was awful, it rained a lot...So I like it here in Argentina, though summers tend to be pretty hot...

BTW, what's "Trog's Talk Show"? How do you play it?

Edit: LOL @ Bossmiley :D

Eldpollard
2007-07-30, 03:57 PM
Well what you have to realise about us in the UK is that we like to complain a lot. The weather being a primary source of annoyance.

Scorpina
2007-07-30, 04:18 PM
We're also complete wusses, weather wise. What we'd call 'excessive heat' wouldn't be to our colonial friends...

North
2007-07-30, 04:18 PM
I always wanted to go to England. Im told Canadian accents are considered sexy over there.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 04:34 PM
Is that so? What about Australia? Do Aussies think that we sound hot? O.o

Vonriel
2007-07-30, 04:38 PM
Hehe, I've seen that temperature scale before, smiley, and it's always good fun. I preferred that version, though, because it was the difference between Canadians and Americans, and the punchline was the Leafs win the Cup! :smallamused:

Speaking of Americans, anyone in the USA remember those commercials for the cartoon that is supposed to help kids learn other languages? I was watching one, and the line: "That's right, those kids are speaking Spanish. No, they're not Spanish, they're American." came up, and got me laughing because of the absurdity of it. More proof that we're a egotistical nation, I guess. :smalltongue:

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-30, 04:53 PM
I've seen something like that, recently. A buncha videos (pretty expensive) that aree supposed to teach your kids french. Muffy, or something.

North
2007-07-30, 05:00 PM
I think were even hotter in Australia.

I really need to travel there sometime.

InaVegt
2007-07-30, 05:02 PM
I've seen something like that, recently. A buncha videos (pretty expensive) that aree supposed to teach your kids french. Muffy, or something.

Yes, it's Muffy, we get them over here as well.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:03 PM
Sweet. Now I know where to head when I want the sexy boys to drool back at me. ~_^

North
2007-07-30, 05:03 PM
Or you could just go to a comic or anime convention.

Oh right sexy boys

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:08 PM
No, if I want to imagine Orrochimaru is in love with me, then I go to an anime convention. Of course, the fanatics will wonder why Orrochimaru is making out with Haku in the corner... ~_^

North
2007-07-30, 05:09 PM
wuzza Orrochimaru?

Is that a type of noodle?

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:11 PM
Orochimaru is one of the villians in Naruto. *Moon Called says this while looking at Noth as if he didn't know anything, and says it as though explaining something to a child.*

North
2007-07-30, 05:13 PM
Oh Naruto...

Yeah I tried to get into that. I picked up the first several volumes.

Meh

Ranma 1/2 was better

Nomrom
2007-07-30, 05:18 PM
More proof that we're a egotistical nation, I guess. :smalltongue:

Well of course we're egotistical. When you're as perfect as we are, it's hard not to be. Also, I don't believe I know what commercials you're talking about. Of course I don't remember the last time I watched TV, so that might have something to do with it.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:22 PM
Ramna 1/2 is all right, I guess, but ever since I watched the last episode of Inu-Yasha, I've been boycotting Takahashi's work.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:26 PM
Jabeezus H. Smith on a flying bicycle, Moon! Ever since I read your posts I've been boycotting the entirety of Japan! Get more than one thing to fan on! SRSLY! I want to understand what the hell you're saying!

North
2007-07-30, 05:32 PM
Yeah I also never like InuYasha. Too much angst I guess, I never like the characters. Same with Naruto I need people I like to get into it.

Thats why I like Ranma. The entire cast is awesome. Both badguys and good guys. Excellent supporting cast. And fun hijinks. Ples they make fun of themselves Martial Arts Tea Ceremony. Its just a ridiculous comedy with martial arts thrown in.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:39 PM
Jabeezus H. Smith on a flying bicycle, Moon! Ever since I read your posts I've been boycotting the entirety of Japan! Get more than one thing to fan on! SRSLY! I want to understand what the hell you're saying!

But... Asian people are sexy! >.<

Yeah I also never like InuYasha. Too much angst I guess, I never like the characters. Same with Naruto I need people I like to get into it.

Thats why I like Ranma. The entire cast is awesome. Both badguys and good guys. Excellent supporting cast. And fun hijinks. Ples they make fun of themselves Martial Arts Tea Ceremony. Its just a ridiculous comedy with martial arts thrown in.

Oh, I liked Inu-Yasha. It was one of my favourites. Untill the last episode killed it.

Ramna's okay, but I just can't get past the whole "turns into girl/panda/pig after getting wet" thing just never worked for me. Plus, like you said, I don't like the characters very much.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:41 PM
Moon, Asian people may be sexy, but so are platinum blond Icelandics and Swiss, Middle Eastern people, Canadians... hell, anyone foreign to you is sexy. Just look north!* We're all sexier here too!
*Hi mom!

Saurous
2007-07-30, 05:41 PM
But... Asian people are sexy! >.<

I'm just going to interject here to ask: Don't you describe anyone who isn't completely hideous as "sexy"? You use that term too much.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:43 PM
Saurous, 3000000000000 porn sites can't be wrong. She DOES have the semblance of a point.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 05:44 PM
Anime? Gah. I think I caught that once. But it's easily cured by a delicate procedure involving a baseball bat to the forehead.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:46 PM
Hosannas chanted to people with Japanese names while gesturing with a baseball bat and finally lightly baptizing them?
OH, wait, that delicate was IRONIC. Yeah. Then again, that also cures stupidity, Englishness, Americanness, Canadianness, Coherency and most anything else.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 05:47 PM
Hosannas chanted to people with Japanese names while gesturing with a baseball bat and finally lightly baptizing them?
OH, wait, that delicate was IRONIC. Yeah. Then again, that also cures stupidity, Englishness, Americanness, Canadianness, Coherency and most anything else.

Ah, baseball bats. The miracle cure. :smallwink:

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:48 PM
It ranks higher than laughter but lower than cyanide, I must say.

Saurous
2007-07-30, 05:48 PM
That's funny, I always thought any form of gratuitous violence was the miracle cure. :smallconfused:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 05:51 PM
That's funny, I always thought any form of gratuitous violence was the miracle cure. :smallconfused:

Yes, but baseball bats are much less likely to be censored.

But say, if you take a blender and
[censored]
and then you
[censored]
and finally
[censored]
it's much more likely to be
[censored]

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 05:53 PM
I've always been proponent of ungratuitous violence, myself.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 05:54 PM
Skernardo! My opinion slightly differs from yours!

This
calls
for
a civilized debate!

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:54 PM
Poison.
Simple, clean, effective, no charges.
Plus, yaknow, it's just FUN. There's no challenge to

Lift Arm
Swing Arm Down
Repeat.

poison demands SKILL.

(PS, what, is the Structured Game thread down? Why are there, like, 3 out of 5 AMENites here?)

Saurous
2007-07-30, 05:57 PM
Well, the thread is rather...uninteresting at this time of day. I guess it has just been decided that we get to bother the Random Banterers right now.

No, I don't care if that isn't what you call one who uses the RB on a regular basis.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just call us "crazies."
Hell, you can call the FORUM "Crazies."

And if you want to liven up the AMEN forum, simply invite me. You'll get everyone united in a common cause within, what, a good fraction of instanteineity?

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 05:59 PM
Moon, Asian people may be sexy, but so are platinum blond Icelandics and Swiss, Middle Eastern people, Canadians... hell, anyone foreign to you is sexy. Just look north!* We're all sexier here too!

Can I help it if I have a thing for guys with accents?

I'm just going to interject here to ask: Don't you describe anyone who isn't completely hideous as "sexy"? You use that term too much.

No. Their's a diffrence betwixt "awesome" "cute" and "sexy". It's just poorly defined.

(PS, what, is the Structured Game thread down? Why are there, like, 3 out of 5 AMENites here?)

No, I'm just boycotting AMEN untill Saurous, Magtok and Vespe stop ripping each other's heads off all the time.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:02 PM
Again, invite me. Then it'll be 4 people ripping MY head off. Fun for the whooole family, minus the kids!

And, Moon, you like accents? Know who else has them? The middle easterners, the swiss, and the canadians, that's who!

Saurous
2007-07-30, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just call us "crazies."
Hell, you can call the FORUM "Crazies."

And if you want to liven up the AMEN forum, simply invite me. You'll get everyone united in a common cause within, what, a good fraction of instanteineity?

No, that probably isn't a good idea. The last time you came everyone got into an argument on AMEN's evil-ness.

No, I'm just boycotting AMEN untill Saurous, Magtok and Vespe stop ripping each other's heads off all the time.

In my response...I blame Vespe.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:03 PM
Hell, I meant it as a JOKE. I don't actually want to spend TIME with you people.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:04 PM
Hey! Why me? I haven't done a random act of extreme violence in a while now!

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:05 PM
Just to clarify, Saurous, how long is "a while now"? 5, 6 minutes?\

And, yes, I'm asking Saurous. Because while both of you are untrustworthy evil dastards, Saurous doesn't care enough to lie to me.

Saurous
2007-07-30, 06:07 PM
Hey! Why me? I haven't done a random act of extreme violence in a while now!

It's your fault because I need an AMENite to blame it on, and you're the one that is actually in this conversation, so one thing just leads to another.

Nothing is ever my fault. No matter what you say.

Just to clarify, Saurous, how long is "a while now"? 5, 6 minutes?

"A while now" usually means "an hour or so".

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:08 PM
My respect for Vespe just went down by a factor of 6. Shape up, Ratavo!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:10 PM
Hey! I actually looked it up. The last time I did a random act of extreme violence was last night at 9:37. And that was only implied.

Vespe shuffles his feet a bit, then wanders off to do something silly and needlessly violent.

See? Implied.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:11 PM
In the same way that saying "Kids love our cigarettes!" Is implying that you are advertising to kids.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:13 PM
Well, still. Besides that (if you count it) I haven't actually done anything stupid and needlessly violent for the whole thirteenth AMEN thread.

Saurous
2007-07-30, 06:13 PM
Yeah, yeah, Ratavo. No one really cares anymore. Well, I don't care anymore, anyways.

Logic
2007-07-30, 06:16 PM
Random violence is not the answer.

Calculated violence that looks random is much more effective.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:18 PM
Only if you're looking for effect, over the more common end, therapy.

Logic
2007-07-30, 06:20 PM
I don't need therapy! The few "random-looking" acts of violence hold me over for years!

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:21 PM
Violence IS the therapy.
And a random butchering is far more releasing than carefully planned serial murder.

Logic
2007-07-30, 06:27 PM
I must not need therapy as much as you then. But, I do prefer a "hands on" approach to almost everything, which with random butchering is not quite as easy to accomplish.

I don't have to apply for AMEN membership now, do I?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:27 PM
The question is, which is more fun? Comic book violence, which is both over the top and silly, but no blood, or Grindhouse-esque violence, which is over the top, silly, and gory?

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:30 PM
I must not need therapy as much as you then. But, I do prefer a "hands on" approach to almost everything, which with random butchering is not quite as easy to accomplish.

I don't have to apply for AMEN membership now, do I?

YOu don't APPLY to anything. You show up and see if they hate you.

Vespe: I must say, the BEST kind of violence? It involves cannon.

North
2007-07-30, 06:31 PM
I dont care much for gore. Its so over done now. Now its used as a replacement for suspense and scare in horror movies.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:32 PM
Bah, the best type of violence involves small animals

North
2007-07-30, 06:33 PM
Like a dire rat flail?

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:33 PM
Bah, the best type of violence involves small animals

Inside cannon.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:34 PM
Like a dire rat flail?You mean flail dire rat

Vespe Ratavo
I dont care much for gore. Its so over done now. Now its used as a replacement for suspense and scare in horror movies.

You don't like gore? You've obviously never used the excavator in Dead Rising.

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round...heh heh.

Cyrano
You mean flail dire rat

I'm relatively sure he doesn't.

EDIT: ^ FUn, and gory, but the Shower Head was better.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:36 PM
I'm relatively sure he doesn't.You cant honestly tell me you have never thought of playing golf with hamsters

Nomrom
2007-07-30, 06:37 PM
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round...heh heh.

No, don't sing that song! The horrifying mental images it summons forth! I thought I was free of them, why won't they go away! *collapses into a shivering mass on the ground*

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:37 PM
You cant honestly tell me you have never thought of playing golf with hamsters

A, how did you know, and B, what the HELL does that have to do with anything.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:39 PM
No, don't sing that song! The horrifying mental images it summons forth! I thought I was free of them, why won't they go away! *collapses into a shivering mass on the ground*

Hmm...to sing or not to sing...
*doesn't sing*

Fine. The Beatles are better anyway. I was only singing it because of a rather funny YTMND I found involving that song and the aforementioned excavator.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:39 PM
A, how did you know, and B, what the HELL does that have to do with anything.It has to do with whacking small furry animals with golf clubs

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:40 PM
It has to do with whacking small furry animals with golf clubs

You are seriously disturbed.
And it's ME talking.

North
2007-07-30, 06:40 PM
I have never thought of playing golf with hamsters.

Bowling on the other hand......with those little hamster balls........

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:41 PM
You are seriously disturbed.Im not dis.. yes yes i am

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-30, 06:42 PM
I wish I had a human sized hamster ball. Oh, not for me...for this one guy I know, so I could trap him in it and roll him into town...that'd be fun.
*wishes he had a human sized hamster ball*

zeratul
Huh, looks like Rb has become AMEN central. Time to burn something. *takes out a flamethrower*

Cyrano
Im not dis.. yes yes i am

That reminds me of Scrubs. Anyone watch that? SO GREAT.

"Ted's...not an impressive man."
"He- aw, he's right.."

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:44 PM
I do i love scrubs

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:44 PM
yeah, I was hoping for a little more...
content...

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:45 PM
I could call you girls name?

Oh right, i do that anyway

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:47 PM
I could call you girls name?

You know what? Screw content, just find some grammar.
PS: And I already do the Cox thing.

North
2007-07-30, 06:48 PM
That reminds me of Scrubs. Anyone watch that? SO GREAT.

"Ted's...not an impressive man."
"He- aw, he's right.."

*Scrubs-Five*

I love that show :smallbiggrin:

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 06:49 PM
Well we dont need to randomly quote a show to discuss it

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:50 PM
*Scrubs-Five*

I love that show :smallbiggrin:

Indeed. A man of taste.

Sean: Yeah, whatever, Becky.

The Great Skenardo
Well we dont need to randomly quote a show to discuss it

Indeed. As the great Maboroshi says, "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the wise?"

zeratul
Yay, Scrubs! "I'm building something........."

North
2007-07-30, 06:51 PM
hey whats wise and has two thumbs?

*point thumbs at chest*

North

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:52 PM
Indeed. As the great Maboroshi says, "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the wise?"

I see what you did there.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 06:53 PM
I see what you did there.

Pleasantly Ironic, is it not? :smallbiggrin:

If there were much of a market for artisan ironies, I believe I'd have my dream career.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:57 PM
Pleasantly Ironic, is it not? :smallbiggrin:

If there were much of a market for artisan ironies, I believe I'd have my dream career.

Dude, you just basically asked for a job making innuendoes and sort-of insulting people. That's like asking for a job where all you do is become a telepath so you can figure HOW THE HELL THE FEMALE MIND WORKS GOSH NABBIT.

Nomrom
2007-07-30, 06:58 PM
Hmm...to sing or not to sing...
*doesn't sing*

Fine. The Beatles are better anyway. I was only singing it because of a rather funny YTMND I found involving that song and the aforementioned excavator.

Sorry, it's just that the video I've seen played to that music is definitely not funny, contains things no one should ever have to see, and that can't be described here. I accidentally forgot to shut my laptop one day, so it stayed logged on, and my friends thought it would be funny to set aforementioned site as my home page. Not funny. At all.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 07:05 PM
Dude, you just basically asked for a job making innuendoes and sort-of insulting people. That's like asking for a job where all you do is become a telepath so you can figure HOW THE HELL THE FEMALE MIND WORKS GOSH NABBIT.

Not so much innuendo. In fact, not at all in the colloquial sense. More like... The sort of thing where you can read it and sit back for a moment. And then...
"Heh." :smallamused:

Also: sort-of insulting people? :smallconfused: Not so! Only a simpleton would get such an impression.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:08 PM
Not so much innuendo. In fact, not at all in the colloquial sense. More like... The sort of thing where you can read it and sit back for a moment. And then...
"Heh." :smallamused:

Also: sort-of insulting people? :smallconfused: Not so! Only a simpleton would get such an impression.

Look, the point is, it ain't happening, Shirley. Ya got that? Yeahnoyeahnoyeahno? Good!
Now, onto the stuff that I care about.

Oh damnit.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 07:09 PM
Oh damnit.

That's an acceptable reaction as well. :smallwink:

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:16 PM
That's an acceptable reaction as well. :smallwink:

Acceptable whosit to the whatnow, Sandy?

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 07:19 PM
When Dr cox does the girls name thingy its funny when you do its ... just silly

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 07:20 PM
Acceptable whosit to the whatnow, Sandy?

Sorry, I'll try and type more clearly;

"THAT IS ALSO AN ACCEPTABLE REACTION :WINK:"

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:22 PM
When Dr cox does the girls name thingy its funny when you do its ... just silly

A, no it isn't (funny) and B, if I cared about myself being silly don't you think I would have, I dunno, maybe jumped of a bridge by now?

Also, Sken: YOU ARE A GREAT HELP. THANK YOU. NOW TRY NOT TO PERMANANTLY DEAFEN ME. YOU AREN'T MAKING AN OMELETTE HERE.

North
2007-07-30, 07:23 PM
Danna what is your avatar of? it looks familiar.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:25 PM
Danna what is your avatar of? it looks familiar.

A T-Mat atmospheric missile launcher, AKA Planet Destroyer?
It's that endship in Homeworld.
I'm not a geek.
Shut up!

SurlySeraph
2007-07-30, 07:38 PM
*enters the thread, and is immediately ordered to shut up by a Cylon*

*sits in sullen silence in a dull dark dock*

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:44 PM
Someone....
Someone.....knows what my name is....
This is the happiest day of my life, asides from my first taste of liquor and discovering SC2 and discovering SC.
Top 10.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-30, 07:44 PM
Also, Sken: YOU ARE A GREAT HELP. THANK YOU. NOW TRY NOT TO PERMANANTLY DEAFEN ME. YOU AREN'T MAKING AN OMELETTE HERE.

True. I'm currently making a special recipe for quesadillas of my own devising.

Yum ^_^

zeratul
2007-07-30, 07:46 PM
I'd tell you my rescipe for them but I'd prefer to keep it secret. Also it's a ratherl ong list of ingredients.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:47 PM
I'd tell you my rescipe for them but I'd prefer to keep it secret. Also it's a ratherl ong list of ingredients.

If I can get a recipe for Tiramisu, I can get a recipe for...
Whatever the hell you just said you had a recipe for.
Now gimmegimmegimme!
Pwease.

Sean92k
2007-07-30, 07:50 PM
I can give you a recipe for cat a la can

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 07:51 PM
I can give you a recipe for cat a la can

I can give you a recipe for why do you insist on talking to me of all people, I mean don't you have a job or something?