PDA

View Full Version : [IC] A Game of Pixies - D&D 5e

Pages : [1] 2

Caterpie
2018-05-08, 08:10 AM
It was a quiet winter night when a new faint star appeared in the dark skies. It was so small that only the most diligent astronomer noticed any difference, but even so, didn’t care too much about it.

On the second night, the star became more clear and bright, but still could go unnoticed in the sky among other stars.

On the following day, the new star became alarmingly more noticeable. It could be seen shining bright in the middle of the day, brighter by the minute, and the most scared people started preparing for the end of the world.

On the third night, the star had become an immense ball of fire raging through the night sky.

And on the following morning, it fell from the skies somewhere north of a small city called Wistoria.

Scholars from the Queen’s library found an old dusty scroll containing a prophecy no one cared about. It said a comet would bring down to earth a shard of godly power in the form of a precious diamond. Whoever held this diamond would be able to channel an immense divine power and wield unimaginable magic.

The most brilliant minds of all kingdoms gathered to discuss the matter at hand. And after a lengthy debate, they all agreed this prophecy is non-sense and went about with their ordinary business. After all, who’s got the time for strange old prophecies nowadays?

But somewhere in the dark forests north of Wistoria, the Bugbear tribes are organizing searches for the precious godly gift. Worried with the possible consequences, the city’s queen has called upon valiant heroes to help her investigate the mystery comet!

Are you the hero willing to take on this adventure?

You start in the small city of Wistoria.

It is the middle of spring, and the cobbled streets of the city are busy with workers and merchants going about their day. Children play their games and the song of birds returning from the winter migration is heard throughout the city.

Life is quiet and easy in Wistoria, the city guard keeps crime under control and a sturdy wall protects the city from invasions. The last attack was over one hundred years ago and no one but the elves or dwarves remembers it.

Outside of Wistoria, there’s vast grassy plains where sheppards look over small herds of cattle or sheep.
To the north of Wistoria, there is an old forest no one dares go into. The Bugbear tribes live in those forests and they are violent and evil creatures.

The first scene of the game takes place right after the meeting with the queen.

The meeting was very quick, almost rushed.

To be honest, there’s very little you remember about the queen. She had a very strong presence, spoke quickly and firmly and sent you on your way.

If you wanted to say something, voice your concerns, haggle for a bigger reward or simply pay a compliment, you felt compelled to keep quiet.

Was it a magical presence? You didn’t feel threatened or scared, quite the opposite, the whole thing had a very soothing feel, like a pleasant dream. Were you somehow charmed by a spell? You’re not sure..

In any case, here’s where you start!

After meeting with the queen in her manor, all of you are sitting around a large table at the Wounded Elephant Inn. It is a chilly spring afternoon.

The tavern keeper is an old and skinny woman, named Cheria.

“Good afternoon, lads! Erm.. Lassies? Hmm..” She looks a bit puzzled at the two Dragonborn heroes and attempts a genderless hail. “Top of the morning to you, adventurers!”

The queen has paid in advance a sum of 10 gold pieces to each of you, with the promise of additional 40 gold pieces to each returning hero.

“May I offer you anything to eat or drink?”

Beverages:

Light Ale – refreshing and nourishing! 7cp

Chakri Leaves tea – A calming drink for the worried minds. 3cp

The Stomper – A heavy drink for the strong of heart! 1sp

Meals:

Boiled Potatos – The house specialty! 8sp

Mushroom soup – A good order, if you’re crazy not to have the potatos. 6sp

Porkchops with orange sauce – A fine dish for celebrations! 2gp.

Lioslaith
2018-05-08, 09:32 AM
Tannyll Admyar was certainly a typical elf by all accounts. His long black hair cascaded down past his shoulders when his cloak hood was not up, which was rare. His clothes seemed a hodge podge mix of greens and browns and tended to look out of place in towns or villages. They blended perfectly with his home environment the forest. He could be aloof and mistrusting as was also typical for his race.

Tannyll held up a hand waiving off the tavern keeper and sat quietly mulling over the events of the day as well as observing the others seated at the table.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/005/763/392/large/alfonso-maesa-alfonso-maesa-ronnath-concept-1.jpg?1493608716

Feyblade
2018-05-08, 09:59 AM
She's not good with people. Books--books are easy. Books don't judge--they just tell stories. Adventuring pays well enough to get more books though, and even she would admit that this might be an opportunity to keep an eye out for the weird fallen star.

She pulled her cloak tighter around herself, resisting the urge to pull an oversized scarf further over her head in a (poor) attempt to hide. Mab blinked up at the tavern keeper, biting at her lip--

"Uhm--tea please? And the mushroom soup?"

https://i.imgur.com/wrKWvnc.png

Whit
2018-05-08, 10:07 AM
You see before you a beautiful Human woman. Her long blond hair dancing loosely across her fair skinned face. She stares at each of you with eyes blue as the day's sky. Her smile lowers your guard even when seeing her in chain armor and placing a shield engraved with a white right gauntlet against the table leg beside her. A flail ( metal handle connected with a chain and ends with a ball), tucked into her belt. She places her backpack on the ground as well.

Cheria. Your mushroom soup please. Praise be to the God Torm, may he guide us all in this quest.
Chandra places 3 copper on the table beside her.

Mihatronix
2018-05-08, 10:32 AM
You see a big dragonborn with white scales and skin. He is barechested, so you can see a lot of scars on his chest and arms. You see he is smiling to you all, looks kind of satisfied, his eyes friendly even though he is dragonborn. He places his huge two handed sword next to him, leaning on a table so he can sit. And he barely manages it, stumbling a bit on (what it looks like for him) a small chair.

"Now this shall require a drink! I will take one mug of your ale mistress Cheria!" and with a thud, places 7 copper coins on a table.

charlesrwest
2018-05-08, 11:54 AM
You have to shield your eyes if you look straight at Eli. He's tried to tone it down, but his scale mail armor and shield are glowing with a almost painful brightness. A tall but thin fellow, Eli talks with an earnestness that almost matches his glow.

"Hail and well met! I'll have a light ale and the boiled potatoes I've heard so much about. Also, do you need anything illuminated, while I am here?"

Caterpie
2018-05-08, 05:44 PM
The tavern keeper, Cheria, says “Thank you for your patronage, kind sirs! And ladies! Enjoy your meal."

You watch as your companions indulge in simple pleasures. You are the only elf in the group and its hard for you to trust other species, after all you were already blazing trails a good 20 years before any of them were born. Perhaps you look down on them for being so frivolous and not focused at the task? Or perhaps you envy their capacity to enjoy a quiet moment of peace.. In any case, you feel uncomfortable in this human city and wish to get back to the wilderness.

Unencumbered by the pointless ingestion of human-made food, you notice an odd painting hanging at one of the tavern walls. It shows a strange kind of monster, but the non-elvish artist was not competent enough to create an adequate picture.

(Make a history check to see if Tannyll has heard of this legend before)

The Chakri tea is delicious. It soothes your body and mind. You gain a temporary +1 bonus to insight.

The soup is nice and warm. The Mushrooms make you light on your feet. You gain a temporary +1 bonus to stealth.

The soup is nice and warm. The Mushrooms make you light on your feet. You gain a temporary +1 bonus to stealth.

Also, the price for the soup is 6 silver pieces. Was the 3 copper a tip?

The ale is a little light for your taste. Not like the recipes from your tribe. But the beverage isn’t entirely bad! You gain 1 inspiration point!

The mug of ale helps you calm your worries, even if briefly. You gain 1 inspiration point!

And the potatoes are indeed delicious! You gain 1 temporary HP.

As you chat, eat and have your drinks, a light drizzle starts to fall outside.

Very few patrons are found in the tavern this afternoon. It’s a workday and most Wistorians are busy doing their jobs. At nightfall, though, the wounded Elephant will be crowded with thirsty men and women sharing drinks and playing card games.

But this is the life of the common folk, not yours! You are heroes with adventure ahead!

If you’re ready to depart, the road to the dangerous forest awaits.

If you’re not ready to depart, you might visit:
Wissov Brother’s Armoury – a shop of weapons and armors.
Papa Gustav General Store – a shop to buy or sell assorted items.
The temple – actually a small shrine to the god Eerion.
Wistoria Manor Gardens – a small garden where the commoners are allowed to rest or enjoy a sunny day. There is a stone bridge over a creak where romantic couples hang out.

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Tannyll Admyar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1573209)
HP:12/12, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

Ora Ngenge (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1573510)
HP:14/14, AC:16
Bronze Dragonborn Paladin
none
no
25gp

Eli Stone (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1534841)
HP:12/11, AC:18
Human Cleric of Light
1temp HP
yes
14gp, 1sp, 3cp: total 18 coins.

Mab (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1572886)
HP:9/9, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
+1 to insight, +1 to stealth
no
19gp, 3sp, 7cp: total: 29 coins.

Naruk Shamash (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1573043)
HP:14/14, AC:14
White Dragonborn Barbarian
none
yes
19gp, 9sp, 3cp: total 31 coins.

Chandra Thule (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1552582)
HP:12/12, AC:18
Human Paladin
+1 to stealth
no
18gp 3sp 7cp Total 29 coins.

charlesrwest
2018-05-08, 08:55 PM
Eli feels fortified by the wonderful food. He is going to make a quick stop at Papa Gustav General Store to buy a healer's kit and some travel rations, then he is ready to go! Adventure waits for no man!

Whit
2018-05-08, 09:15 PM
Chandra smiles at Cheria.

Yes, The tip is yours my dear. This place has many fond memories for me with my family, and I am not sure when I may return home.

Chandra smiles at Eli.

Eli, your wisdom is no doubt a gift to our group, I too would like to purchase a healers kit, and pass by my fathers house to leave him some coin we received from the queen. Perhaps, we can both discuss our religion along the way. What about the rest of you?

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-08, 11:03 PM
Ora while short in height is large in brawn, muscles strong under her bronze scales. But most of her body is concealed by chain mail and religious symbols. Pauldrons carved in wing motifs and emblazoned on her chest the symbol of Eerion, a swirl of five wings clockwise. Even sat in the tavern, two greatswords Cross her back, their tips grazing the floor.

“Greetings to you this evening, my new comrades. I believe this endeavor will be an excellent test of our collective skill.” When the barkeep arrives she orders politely, “if I may, I would like enjoy the mushroom soup and some of the liquor you have on special tonight.”

When Chandra began asking of the religion of the group, Ora quickly chimed in. “I am a servant of Eerion, god of the wind and sky. If you wish, there is a temple in this town dedicate to him, if you wished to learn.

Mihatronix
2018-05-09, 02:56 AM
Ale, even light as it is, makes Shamash feel really good and optimistic about this quest.

Looking at a fellow dragonborn, Shamash is impresed by her build. Even though he is a lot bigger, he can see she is strong and ready to fight. Whit the smile, he says to Ora "I see you prefer big swords as well as I do. Can't wait to see you in action using one of those!

Then he looks at Mab, again with a smile "Mab, right? HA! You look small, but I feel you are mighty hero as well!" and then for him self "Ahhh, it's good to be here!"

Even though he haven't been adventuring a lot, he knew that his clan mates always had a rope to spare, so he thought he could get some. Seeing that Eli and Chandra wants to go to Papa Gustav General Store, he says to them "I will accompany you my friends, I need some rope"

Lioslaith
2018-05-09, 06:08 AM
Briefly mulling over the painting to see if it triggers any memories...

[roll0]

Tannyll sighs as the others eagerly get ready to go. Speaking for the first time he says, "It will be dark soon and the rain has started. Calaer Thysaer is daunting enough on a sunny day, it would not be wise to begin our quest in the dark."

Calaer Thysaer is his elvish for haunted forest.

Caterpie
2018-05-09, 08:53 AM
Ora:

Cheria brings you the bowl of soup and a strange glass mug shaped in the form of an elephant. “One Stomper! Fresh from the barrel!” The liquid is bright orange and an enticing mist rises from the mug.

The soup is nice and warm and the mushrooms make you light on your feet (+1 to stealth)

The drink hits you like a punch in the face! Your lightning breath almost turns to fire. You gain 2 temporary HP and a +1 bonus to performance checks. But you have now a temporary -1 penalty to perception checks and you need to make a Constitution Saving Throw DC12 to avoid a terrible hangover.

Tannyll:

After staring at the painting for a few minutes you figure out what the artist meant to draw. An old legend says that the woods of Calaer Thysaer are inhabited by a terrible monster called the “Tongue-stealer”. This creature wanders at night into farmer’s homes or travellers camps and eats their tongues, leaving a nasty egg for a baby Tongue-Stealer in the belly of their victims.

But according to the legend, the monster is a six-foot tall lizard-like creature, while this painter drew something that vaguely resembles a frog that fell into a tar pitch with six arms, holding stolen tongues in each hand.

charlesrwest
2018-05-09, 12:22 PM
Eli's glow dims momentarily and he looks a bit sheepish. "I don't really know that much about the gods. My light comes from a accident when I was little.

I spent a moment in the positive plane. I just remember light and this feeling of infinite beginnings. I think it might be a timeless place, where everyone who ever will be waits for their time to spring into life. Perhaps the gods made it, or maybe they came to be from it like everyone else.

But if I have learned anything, it is that everyone has boundless potential locked inside of them and that light is just waiting to fill this world."

Eli smiles and spreads his hands.

I haven't any religion, but I would be honored to hear more about your faith, Chandra. Shamash, I would be honored to have you join us (if you don't mind if we prattle on about some otherworldly things). Ora, perhaps I could visit your temple after our journey is done."

Feyblade
2018-05-09, 02:02 PM
Mab starts a bit at Shamash, feeling about as small (if not more) as he suggested. "I--wouldn't call myself mighty?"

She perks up at Tannyll's words, knowing enough elvish to recognize the meaning of Calaer Thysaer, and she nods in agreement.

"Morning might be best?"

Lioslaith
2018-05-09, 02:08 PM
Nodding to Mab and then to the crude painting on the wall, "They hang art revering the Tongue-stealer in their taverns, or at least I think that is what the artist was trying to show. Let us not tempt fate by entering when it hunts."

Whit
2018-05-09, 02:11 PM
While walking to Gustav’s general store to purchase 1 healers kit, I speak of the God Torm who encompasses the ideals of Righteousness, honesty, loyalty and truth.
I Smile at Ora
I would be honored to hear of your god as well, Ora.

I stop by my fathers house and leave him 6 gold pieces and give him a kiss goodbye. (or spend one more night if we are leaving in the morning and prepare accordingly.)

charlesrwest
2018-05-09, 02:20 PM
The others manage to convince Eli that their adventure should wait till morning. Since the party should probably get an early start, Eli attempts to get them a group rate at the Wounded Elephant.

[roll0]

Mihatronix
2018-05-09, 02:36 PM
Shamash glances at Mab and with a big smile and a thud on the table speaks loudly: "Modest one, I like it! Don't speak low of yourself friend, I am sure you will have a chance to prove me right!" .... "I have no problem in slaying foul beasts at any time, but, if all of you want so, we will go in the morning"

And then he turnes to the Eli and says: "I am sure I will not understand half of what you say, but it must be smart! Let's go my friends, first to the shop and then to find a bed to rest"

(50ft of rope should be 1gp, correct me if I am wrong :D )

Caterpie
2018-05-09, 06:05 PM
Cheria hears Tannyll’s remarks about the painting and says:

“Revering..? Oh heavens, no, nothing so sordid! The legend says the tongue-stealer can’t bear to see his own ugliness. So it’s wise to have a painting of him in our walls. This way, the monster will never come here!”

She stops for a moment and thinks to herself, but out loud:

“At least that’s what the painter who sold it to me kept saying…”

When Eli goes to speak to the tavern keeper about a group rate for staying the night, the woman is very cold and impatient with him. Almost as if she dislikes him. “The price is 7sp per person, includes a bowl of porridge in the morning. No exceptions, graverobber.” (All eyes on you feature) “Sleeping in the street is free, of course.”

Outside, under the light rain, Eli, Ora and Naruk accompany Chandra to her home, the modest workshop of a blacksmith.

The old man looks at Chandra with tears in his eyes and offers a piece of fatherly advice:

“Be careful, my child. It’s not only Bugbears in that damn forest. There are other creatures lurking in the dark woods. Not to mention that terrible bog in the middle of it.. There are huge frogs that walk like men and they’ll bite the flesh right off your bones.”

The elder bids the group farewell and then a little shopping is done at the general store.

Outside the store, the central square of the city has a strange bronze sculpture of an Elephant sitting on top of a well dressed woman, who appears to be suffocating.

Seeing your confusion with such strange statue, an elderly woman approaches you.

“Long ago, this region used to be a migration route for the beautiful elephants… I remember seeing them when I was a little girl… Anyway, back then we used to be ruled by a wicked evil lady named Manassas. One day, an elephant sat on her and she died. We were saved! Ever since that day, we’re been ruled by the fair queen Elisa.”

After telling this strange tale, the old woman leaves with a kind smile.

Mihatronix: The Barbarian class equipment gives you an “explorer pack” and that already comes with a free 50ft hempen rope strapped to the side of your backpack, for free. So you can save the gold coin!

Questions for the group:

Do you want to do something else in the evening time?

Chandra has a home where she can sleep. It's not a very roomy place, so she can invite one party member to sleep there, but more than that wouldn't fit.

The Dragonborn Ora Ngenge, with her position of priviledge, may ask for a visitor's chamber at the Queen's Manor, but it's highly unlikely they will allow others to sleep there.

That leaves us to:

Tannyll Admyar, the wood elf ranger
Eli Stone, the Human cleric
Mab, the tiefling monk
and Naruk Shamash, the white dragonborn barbarian.

Will the four of you pay the 7 silver pieces for the night at the Wounded Elephant Inn or do something else?

Foodwise, Tannyll is the only one who hasn't eaten. You need to eat at least half a portion of rations to avoid suffering the first level of starvation. Or you can hunt a squirrel or pidgeon in the city and save the rations.

Lioslaith
2018-05-09, 06:18 PM
Tannyll is more than comfortable staying outside or even in the stables assuming there are some.

Caterpie
2018-05-09, 06:27 PM
Yes, there are stables! But they also charge for sleepovers, 5 copper pieces.

Also, you need to eat at least half a portion of rations or suffer the first level of exhaustion. You could also hunt a squirrel or pigeon and save the rations.

Lioslaith
2018-05-09, 06:33 PM
He can find food and water for up to five people due to the wanderer feature. So if no one else wants to eat he’ll grab food for 5 and stockpile a little for later when pickings are probably going to be slim. And just a spot at the edge of town is fine. No need to spend coin.

charlesrwest
2018-05-09, 07:45 PM
Eli attempts to explain to Cheria that while necromancy is a perfectly respectable profession and his family has a good many practitioners, he is touched by the light and would rather heal the sick and defend the living. He is unperturbed by her dislike of him.

[roll0]

If she does not throw him out, then Eli will take a room for the night. Otherwise, he will place his bedroll on the side of the street nearby (casting light on everything nearby, of course) and see everyone in the morning.

Whit
2018-05-09, 10:51 PM
I offer the limited space in my fathers home for one of my comrades for the night.

Chandra smiles, moving her locks of hair out of her eyes.
My fathers home is not much, but he is a kind soul, and a companion of mine on our quest will be sure to have a place. First come first serve as you are all welcome.

Feyblade
2018-05-10, 01:12 AM
She...doesn't think she knows what the Tongue-stealer is. Whatever it is, it's clearly not good.

Mab keeps herself from falling off her chair when Shamash impacts the table--smiling weakly. This place is as good as any to stay the night--but it occurs to her that she doesn't know how long this journey will take, and even stocking up on more rations can't hurt.

I'd like to see about getting 4 more sets of rations (to bring the count up to 14 with the ones in my explorer's kit)

Mihatronix
2018-05-10, 04:59 AM
Mihatronix: The Barbarian class equipment gives you an “explorer pack” and that already comes with a free 50ft hempen rope strapped to the side of your backpack, for free. So you can save the gold coin!

Thanks for the advice, it seems I missed that. In that case I will not buy rope:)

Shamash may not be realy bright lad, but he knows he is too big for Chandra's home and he does't want to make mess.
He is also aware of how much money he has, he could just hunt and sleep outside like so many times before (he have a hunting trap and a wanderer trait) so he went on to sleep under the clear sky.

If there is a chance that I see Tannyll before he goes hunting, again, with a smile: "My friend, mind if I join you? I could place a trap to catch something!"

If Tannyll is already out hunting, I just go on my own.

Caterpie
2018-05-10, 07:38 PM
Tannyll and Shamash:

The elf ranger spends the first hour of the night perched over building ledges or lurking in dark alleys, preying on the city’s pigeons. With skilful and swift precision, the night hunter succeeds in his mission for nourishment.

After feasting on the blood and meat of these urban critters, the elf brings some dead pigeons to his new companions. The ranger feels graceful and generous, thinking the party will be overwhelmed in gratitude to this magnificent hunter.

But yet again, the ways of the “civilized” humans and the hubris of the bronze dragonborn are mind-boggling to the elf. As the party members politely decline the boon of pigeons, Tannyll wonders:

“Why would they refuse such fine nourishment? How can I trust them to be my travelling companions if they feed not from the land, but from porcelain bowls of frivolous legumes?”

To the elf, accustomed to the wilds and wilderness, the ways of the city are incomprehensible. Saddened and longing for his dear family, Tannyll exits the city gates to find a grassy patch and trance under the stars.

The fresh air of the spring and the soft grass under his bare feet are just what this elf needs before facing the dangers of the journey ahead.

The only one among his companions who seem to understand him is the white dragonborn Shamash, who accompanies him in sleeping under the night sky.

Ora Ngenge saving throw against a hangover:
[roll0]

Ora:

The dragonborn paladin Ora Ngenge, being of noble origin is invited to sleep in the guest room of the Queen’s Manor. The bed is quite comfortable and the servents draw her a bath and clean her armor for the road.

The Stomper drink proved too strong for her belly and now a terrible hangover will keep you company throughout the day.

Hangover: You have disadvantage on all ability checks.

Chandra:

Your companions politely refuse your offer, but you take no offense. After all, you’ve all just met. You spend a comfortable night at your bed, wondering if Torm will ever allow you to come home again.

(The bonus from the mushroom soup has passed).

Eli and Mab:

The monk tiefling Mab wanted to stock up on a few more trail rations and the light cleric Eli, not wanting to remain alone at the inn, is kind enough to go with her to the store. Each days worth of rations cost 5 silver pieces, so a total worth of 4 days cost Mab 2 gold pieces.

Both heroes spend a comfortable night at inn. A bath is provided with no extra charge and in the morning you each get a bowl of porridge.

(The bonus from the foods and beverages of the day before has passed)

Ora: Will you gather with the rest of the party at the city gates? Or do you want to do other stuff around the city?

Chandra: Will you gather with the rest of the party at the city gates? Or do you want to do other stuff around the city?

Eli: Will you gather with the rest of the party at the city gates? Or do you want to do other stuff around the city?

Mab: Will you gather with the rest of the party at the city gates? Or do you want to do other stuff around the city?

You need to decide where exactly you spend the night:

So, below are the options that Tannyll and Naruk have for camping:

1 - Sleeping inside the city wall
Pro: It is safe.
Con: Chance of being harassed by city guards.

2 - Sleeping outside the city gates
Pro: Relatively safe.
Con: Small chance of monsters, bandits, big animals. Small chance of guard patrols.

3 - A bit distant from the wall
Pro: Beyond the reach of pestering guards
Con: Monsters, bandits and big animals.

In any case, one of you has to roll a d20 for me to check possible random events!

Places in the city:

Wissov Brother’s Armoury – a shop of weapons and armors.
Papa Gustav General Store – a shop to buy or sell assorted items.
The temple – actually a small shrine to the god Eerion.
Wistoria Manor Gardens – a small garden where the commoners are allowed to rest or enjoy a sunny day. There is a stone bridge over a creak where romantic couples hang out.

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no
24gp, 3sp, Total:27 coins

HP: 11/11, AC:18
Human Cleric of Light
none
yes
9gp, 1sp, 3cp: total 13 coins.

Tiefling Monk
none
no
17gp, 3sp, 7cp: total: 27 coins.

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no
7gp 3sp 7cp Total 17 coins.

It’s 7:00am. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

It is mid-spring. Temperatures are comfortable. A warm sunny day is rising.

Eli Stone: Yes you have!

Naruk Shamash: You too!

Lioslaith
2018-05-10, 08:54 PM
Tannyll talks it over with his hunting partner and they decide to stay just outside the city gates.

And I don’t mind rolling this one. Save your inspiration for something more vital!! [roll0]

charlesrwest
2018-05-10, 09:27 PM
Eli is practically vibrating with excitement at breakfast. He chats Man's ear off about the importance of their quest and the (probable?) nature of their quest. If Mab doesn't have pressing engagements, he practically sprints to the gate with her, glowing bright like a very small and very happy star. He also offers to cast the light cantrip on any equipment she would like illuminated.

Caterpie
2018-05-11, 08:26 AM
Shamash and Tannyll:

You find a good spot to sleep safe from monsters and away from patrol guards. The two heroes quickly bond when they see each other as competent woodsmen/hunters. However, the racial difference between the dragonborn and the elf are evident a few minutes into the night.

Shamash, a white dragonborn feels very comfortable in the cold of the night. It is not even snowing, there's just a light soothing rain falling, and still the elf needs fire to keep him warm. What strange creatures are these elfs!

On Tannyll's point of view, Naruk Shamash is a very strange individual. After a good hunt, it's always a pleasure to skin/unfeather the animals and roast them on a nice fire before eating. But the dragonborn eats the game raw, feathers, fur, beaks and feet. Tannyll thinks that maybe the dragonborn doesn't have taste buds.

In any case, morning rises with the promise of a sunny day and comfortable temperatures.

Will the both of you join the rest of the party on the city gates or do something else before taking the road?

Mihatronix
2018-05-11, 12:53 PM
"We should eat something Tannyll"

If there is something left of our last night hunt, it would be good if both of us could eat that as breakfast.
After that, if Tannyll doesn't have anything else to do, we go to meet the others.

Lioslaith
2018-05-11, 12:59 PM
Tanyll nods to his new found lizard friend. "Indeed, let us break our fast and then go meet the others." He will follow the Dragonborn into town after they eat a quick breakfast.

Caterpie
2018-05-11, 07:43 PM
After a good night of sleep, the party gets together at the city gates, ready to take on the old road to the bugbear forest.

As the party departs from the gates of Wistoria, a small commission of commoners have spontaneously gathered to bid farewell to the heroes. Some of them smile and look hopeful, but most have grim faces like this is the last anyone will see of these heroes. You overhear the comments along the mass of people.

“There goes another group. The Bugbears will smash them to pieces, like always.”

“They always die so young...”

“Why not stay in the safety of the city? Our walls are strong!”

All of the commoners wave colourful handkerchiefs and cheer for the heroes. To some of you, it’s almost like having a funeral while still alive.

OOC: The group needs to choose a travel pace. See OOC post about travel!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 8:00am. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.
It is mid-spring. Temperatures are comfortable. The weather is sunny.

Eli Stone: Yes.
Naruk Shamash: Yes.

charlesrwest
2018-05-11, 08:19 PM
Eli is somewhat incapable of being stealthy, since he is glowing all the time. He advocates for a normal pace and would take the keep watch action.

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-11, 09:53 PM
Ora Ngenge

“My... uh... apologies, my friends. It seems I overdid it with the spirits at our last nights rousing.” Or explains as she collects with the group at the edge of the city, rubbing her head as the pain of the hangover throbs in her head. That drink was a kicker; she can’t remember anything that occurred the last night after the brief discussion of religion. The morning she found herself waking in a guest chamber in the castle. She made sure to apologize to everyone she came across for any misdeed she may or may not have committed during her drink-induced memory lapse. As the group discusses the best way to approach the the expedition, Ora agrees with Eli to move at a slow pace, if just so her self induced handicap doesn’t hinder the group more than it already does.

Feyblade
2018-05-12, 12:00 AM
Mab has no pressing engagements and will go with Eli to the gate (though she's intimidated by his enthusiasm, and politely declines the offer of a light spell on her equipment.) When asked--

"Normal pace sounds good. I don't really--I've never really travelled in a forest? I've read a lot of books though--I could try foraging if someone wants the help?"

Whit
2018-05-12, 12:50 PM
Chandra smiles to the group and greets each member as we gather. She waves to the crowd as we depart believing our adventure is a quest that will prove her worth to her god and quite possibly save our land from the bugbears. She suggests to the group that a fast pace may be the best option as we travel the common road to the beiginnings of the forest and then adjust our pace accordingly.

“The delay to act In the beginning has given the bugbears time to search for the falling star. Our pace will slow as we enter less familiar territory. I suggest we gain time at a faster pace on the road and the familiar parts of the forest til then.”

Mihatronix
2018-05-14, 03:54 AM
Shamash smiles to his friends, excited to fight.
"I agree with Chandra, if we hurry we could kill those bugbears sooner and find that queen's rock from the sky! Tanyll can lead us through woods with ease I think. What do you think Tanyll my friend, you are talented tracker and hunter?"

Caterpie
2018-05-14, 05:36 PM
After a short debate, the group decides to travel at normal pace. No one disagreed that arriving at the destination sooner would be ideal, but at the same time, these roads are dangerous and it feels right to be careful.

The party of heroes travels north through an old and ill-maintained road headed towards the dreadful forest of the bugbears.There isn’t much to see in these grassy plains, except for very few and scattered small farms here and there, half of them abandoned.

The tiefling monk, Mab, wanders a bit off trail attempting to forage, but all she could find around these parts are small bugs that do not entice anyone’s appetite. Luckly, Naruk and Tannyll are still carrying a sack full of pigeons, the fruits of the previous night of hunting. And so, a nice midday meal is guaranteed for all.

After lunch, the group continues on the road.

Approximately one hour into the afternoon, the cleric Eli prompts the group to stop. He has spotted something unusual.

Up in a tree, about 50 ft. Ahead of you, there’s a group of apes readying an ambush. However, the cleric Eli was wise enough to notice the unusual movements among the leaves before the angry apes could benefit from any advantage.

It’s a group of three apes. They look very angry and aggressive, as big as a human and muscular as an orc. One of them has a chipped tooth and the other has a big scar across his chest, marks of previous battles. The third ape is a little different from the others, his fur is dark tone of red.

Apes initiative:
Chipped tooth: [roll0]
Scar: roll[roll1]
Red: [roll2]

This is the combat map, please choose one of the squares marked with an x to be your starting position. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rluG5MIuSuBvYOich81LyxepORmAYwFDZgBJxUE7AJ8/edit#gid=0

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 13:00pm. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Whit
2018-05-14, 10:12 PM
Great job spotting those Apes Eli. But those animals won’t stand in our way.

Chandra draws her flail and beats it against her shield as she roars back at the apes.

If you want us come and get us!

Mihatronix
2018-05-15, 03:05 AM
Shamash grins at his friends, and then at apes: "AHA! Finally! Good job Eli! It's time we have a bit of warm up!

He grabs his huge greatsword, smiling, ready to fight.

Feyblade
2018-05-15, 07:29 AM
Mab crouches, grabbing her dagger from her sleeve and pausing to see what others do first.

"Do we have a plan?"

Lioslaith
2018-05-15, 12:19 PM
Tannyll frowns as he mutters to the others, "Well we might have had we not loudly announced our intentions to them..." He sighs at the noise and takes a step or two ahead and away from the group making his bow ready.

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-15, 12:20 PM
Ora holds her head, still in pain, as she analyses the situation ahead of her. "Apes are not usually the kind to set up ambushes. Be cautious, they may be more trouble than you may expect."

Lioslaith
2018-05-15, 12:44 PM
Deciding that the apes seem to have no intention of allowing them passage unmolested Tannyll takes aim and fires a shot at Scar.

[roll0] and [roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-15, 01:06 PM
An arrows flies through the skies hitting the scarred ape in the jaw! With broken teeth and a mangled jaw, the beast let's out a gurgled howl and holds its face in pain. Surprisingly, the beast is still up.

With great speed, the red ape drops from the tree and rushes towards the party! The ape flings a rock at the Tiefling, Mab, and then hides behind the big boulder on the ground.

The agile Tiefling manages to dodge the attack!

Throwing rock attack at Mab: [roll0], damage: [roll1] bludgeoning damage.

OOC: Eli’s turn.

combat map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rluG5MIuSuBvYOich81LyxepORmAYwFDZgBJxUE7AJ8/edit#gid=0):

Initiative order:

Tannyll – already went
Red Ape – just went
Eli Stone – is up!
Shamash
Scar Ape
Chandra Thule
Mab
Chipped Tooth Ape
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 1:00pm. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

charlesrwest
2018-05-15, 01:52 PM
Eli says "Oh no! Mab, take cover! I'll draw them off!!!". His lights flare with determination as he takes off at a run toward the Apes.

If this works: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/46492/how-do-i-map-a-15-cone-to-a-1-grid and I can hit both Apes+tree.

Somewhat surprisingly, he runs past the nearest ape and holds out his hands toward the tree. Everyone suddenly feels a flash of heat, as if standing close to a furnace as an invisible force seems to set the distant two apes and the tree ablaze.

Eli runs to G4 and casts burning hands at the 2 apes and the tree. Damage if didn't save: [roll0]

If the above doesn't work out, he runs to F5 and casts sacred flame at Red Fur.
Damage: 1d8

Eli then holds his shield between himself and any approaching (or adjacent!) apes and flares his light "Look at me! I am your target!" He gets ready to flare his light aura if they attempt to strike him.

Warding Flare to impose disadvantage on an attack as a reaction.

charlesrwest
2018-05-15, 01:54 PM
[roll0]. Also, burning hands should set the tree on fire :)

Caterpie
2018-05-15, 02:20 PM
The light cleric, Eli Stone, moves forward with great courage and sets the tree aflame with his positive energy magic!

The ape with the scar is killed by the fire, while the other one is severly hurt.

ooc: Naruk Shamash, your turn is up!

combat map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rluG5MIuSuBvYOich81LyxepORmAYwFDZgBJxUE7AJ8/edit#gid=0):

Initiative order:

Tannyll – already went
Red Ape – already went
Eli Stone – already went
Shamash – turn is up!
Chandra Thule
Mab
Chipped Tooth Ape
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 1:00pm. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Mihatronix
2018-05-15, 03:44 PM
"Here we go!"

Grinning, Shamash runs towards the Red ape and attacks him with a greatsword.

hamas will step to F5 and attack a Red Fur with a greatsword. Attack roll: (1d20+6)[17]
if it hits, if it hits, dmg is (2d6+4)[7] ((I just rolled 3 xD)

Caterpie
2018-05-15, 04:05 PM
Shamash, the white dragonborn, swings his greatsword with skill and strength, but the ape with the red fur proves to be the toughest of the bunch!

The creature is slashed from collarbone to bellybutton, but remains standing growling furiously at the barbarian hero. “WRUUUAAARRRR!!!”

ooc: Chandra’s turn is up! Next is Mab’s. Posts can be out of order.

Initiative order:

Tannyll – already went
Red Ape – already went
Eli Stone – already went
Shamash – already went
Chandra - it's her turn
Mab - can act aswell!
Chipped Tooth Ape
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Whit
2018-05-15, 05:45 PM
Chandra with shield and flail in hand moves up to red fur if there is line of sight between rock and Shamash to strike Red fur. Others she gets as close to red fur as possible

Caterpie
2018-05-15, 07:18 PM
The paladin Chandra swings too wide and fails to connect.

It's Mab's turn!

Initiative order:

Tannyll – already went
Red Ape – already went
Eli Stone – already went
Shamash – already went
Chandra Thule - already went
Mab - Go get 'em!
Chipped Tooth Ape
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Feyblade
2018-05-15, 09:49 PM
Mab narrows her eyes and moves forwards behind Shamash, staying low to the ground as she swipes at the red-furred ape with her dagger, then again with a kick in an attempt to bash its knee with her heel.

Mechanically, I'm using my martial arts feature to make an unarmed attack with my bonus action.

First Attack (and hypothetical damage)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second Attack (and hypothetical damage)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 05:22 AM
Feyblade: Some people rolled here, some rolled in the IC, it doesn't matter much. Personally, I kinda prefer rolls on the IC thread, so the roll stays in the same post as the description of the actions, but it's not that important.

rolling some fire damage for the monkey that starts his turn atop a burning tree.
[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 05:39 AM
Chip, the flambé’d ape, drops down from the burning tree and rushes violently towards Eli!

Before the beast touches the cleric, a protective flare of light shines bright on the strange human, nearly blinding everyone around!

The violent ape attacks with both closed fists, trying to punch Eli twice.

With a blind swing of a fist, the chipped tooth monkey, fur still smuldering from the fire spell, punches Eli in the face!

(The light cleric, Eli, suffers 5 bludgeoning damage.)

The left hand blow of the ape goes too wide and doesn't connect.

First punch: [roll0], disadvantage [roll1], damage: [roll2] bludgeoning.
Second punch: [roll3], damage [roll4] bludgeoning.

Initiative order:

Tannyll – already went
Red Ape – already went
Eli Stone – already went
Shamash – already went
Chandra Thule – already went
Mab – already went
Chipped Tooth Ape - already went
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

HP: 5/11, AC:18
Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 06:15 AM
The bronze dragonborn, Ora, steps into the fray unleashing a frightening bolt of lightning with a thunderous roar!
The chipped tooth ape is killed.

occ: it's Tannyll's turn!

Initiative order:

Tannyll – turn’s up!
Red Ape
Eli Stone
Shamash
Chandra Thule
Mab
Chipped Tooth Ape
Ora

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-16, 06:19 AM
Focusing his attention on the remaining ape Tannyll moves forward and fires another arrow into the fray.

He will move to E6 and attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 07:05 AM
The elf Tannyll lets loose an arrow flying towards the enemy, but the trajectory was slightly off and the arrow flies too high.

Right at this moment, the tiefling monk Mab is unleashing a sequence of blows at the menacing ape. She slashes the beast with her dagger, bashes its knee with a powerful kick and then jumps high into the air grabbing Tannyll’s wayward arrow to fall down punching the lost arrow into the chest of the rampaging ape!

Red-fur is dead, the heroes have won the combat!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Feyblade
2018-05-16, 10:02 AM
Mab stares at the downed ape, eyes wide.

"Oh. That....was fast." More than a bit startled at the situation. Using the rock beside her as leverage to try and get a better view of the area around them- "Are there any more of them?"

charlesrwest
2018-05-16, 10:09 AM
Eli grins up at Mab, sporting a massive shiner and says: "Nope! I think we got them all!"

He then walks up to the charred remains of the chipped tooth ape and pulls off some of the broiled skin. Eli hums to himself as he munches on it.

"Do we want to put that fire out and stop here for lunch? There's plenty of meat."

Eli grew up with necromancers and is willing to eat just about anything. He would also like to short rest and spend a hit die, since he is about 1/2 health.

Feyblade
2018-05-16, 11:35 AM
Mab winces at the still-burning flames and with a flick of her hand attempts to dim them as best she can.

It's probably not as powerful as she'd like, but she gets Thaumaturgy as a racial cantrip. "You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute." is the effect she's trying to use.

"The forest is going to catch fire at this rate--w-we don't want the bugbears to notice us." She says. "We can rest after we stop the fire though?"

Whit
2018-05-16, 12:46 PM
Chandra gives a half smile to everyone. Upset that her first combat resulted in not hitting the ape. She tries to assess the fire and what we could do.

Using phone no color. “I’m glad this fight went as well as it did. By my gods blessing I can ease your pain Eli, if you would like.” (Lay hands 5pts) if Eli agrees.

“Now, how can we stop this fire from spreading?”

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 01:04 PM
Mab remembers the lesson about her inner ki, a powerful life force that monks can harness to create amazing effects. The young tiefling feels her ki calling out for her and increasing the power of her thaumaturgy. She taps into her natural connection to the flames and bends the force of Eli’s spell to her will.

Amplified by her ki, the cantrip is able to snuff out the fire.

charlesrwest
2018-05-16, 01:08 PM
Eli is shocked to see a simple cantrip have such power. "That is so amazing!"

Mihatronix
2018-05-16, 01:18 PM
"Well, not much of a glorious fight, but a good warmup"

After Shamash sees what Mab has done, hi grints at her "I told you there is more into you"

Then he looks at Eli "We could rest, but I am still eager to catch up to bugbears"

Lioslaith
2018-05-16, 01:23 PM
After harvesting as much good meat off the apes as he could Tannyll clears a spot and grabs a smoldering branch from the tree and coaxes it back to life to make their own fire. "I think we can afford to give an hour for those of us that need recovery." He sets about drying the meat and doing some minor tweaks to the arrows he shot at the apes.

Feyblade
2018-05-16, 01:39 PM
Mab stares at the snuffed out fires. A grin spreads across her face and she twirls, laughing brightly at the effects of the cantrip.

"That was so cool!" Grinning back at Shamash.

Mihatronix
2018-05-16, 03:48 PM
Shamash grins back: "Yes it was little one, good work"

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-16, 04:00 PM
Ora examines the down and still smoldering apes. “It’s a good sign our group was able to withstand an attack of overgrown simians without much problem. Eli, try to regain your strength.” Ora decides to assist the elf harvest and cook the ape flesh. While some Dragonborn are perfectly fine with with raw meat, Ora preferes her prey charred.

Caterpie
2018-05-16, 04:09 PM
The party has successfully avoided a deadly ambush. If members didn’t trust one another at first sight, the performance against dangerous foes is certain to start, at the very least, a timid feeling of camaraderie.

As the group takes some time to rest and check their gear, most eyes turn to Eli Stone.

This strange cleric from outer lands burned down a tree with the snap of his fingers. It is also thanks to his perception that the group managed to avoid the ambush. But is he trustworthy with so much power for destruction?

The two paladins, Chandra and Ora, are particularly disturbed by him. If the man prays to no deity at all, who grants him such magical powers? No one has ever heard of this positive energy from another plane. A puzzling man indeed is this Eli, one to keep your eyes on.

From atop the large boulder, the tiefling Mab squints her eyes scanning the horizon for more enemies. But as far as she can see, there’s nothing more than grass, rocks and sparse trees.

Eli rests and tends to his wounded head.

Eli is back to full health.

The elf Tannyll manages to restore one used arrow to a near perfect state, ready to be used again. With the help of the dragonborn Ora, he also prepares a few pounds of cured meat. Perhaps ape meat is not the most delicious meal, but it will do, in a pinch.

While cutting up the defeated apes, Tannyll notices something strange: Upon close inspection, the elf finds the appearance of the ape creatures somewhat unusual. Their eyes are bright red, but slowly fading to a dark shade of brown now that the creature has passed.

Also...

They have no tongues. Their tongues were cut off by someone. Or something.

Feyblade
2018-05-16, 04:45 PM
Mab peers over Tannyll's shoulder, pale and frowning at the corpses of the apes.

"That's....odd. And not good." She murmurs. "Something, or someone , was controlling them. That's why they were missing their tongues--certain enchantment spells are easier when you have a part of someone. But--it's a legend. The story that I heard this from--it's not real. Not in this plane at least...."

Lioslaith
2018-05-16, 05:26 PM
"Perhaps it has something to do with the star that fell?" Tannyll offers as he taps his knife on the apes teeth.

Whit
2018-05-16, 07:09 PM
Chandra nods in agreement and smiles at Naruk and Tannyll. “Naruk, Tannyll. Can either of you determine if these are ordinary apes from the forest? My fears are, if so, could the powers of the star be at work here this close to us? And if not, who could be controlling these creatures and know of our quest to lay in ambush?”

Chandra ponders about Eli. His powers are strange and powerful indeed. I will learn more of him during these travels. Yet he bled in this fight by our side and proven himself. I will hold my thoughts until I learn more.

charlesrwest
2018-05-16, 08:50 PM
As he walks off a minor concussion (whether it was his upbringing or the strange concoctions grandma Nelli liked to feed them, he had always healed fast), Eli glances at the other members of the group.

[roll0]

charlesrwest
2018-05-16, 09:03 PM
There are definitely some nervous glances his way... Eli was afraid something like this would happen. He was kicked out of his family for being different and had yet to met anyone else quite like him. Eli couldn't blame them.

As foreign as this part of the world seemed to him, he must seem equally alien to them. He had yet to even SEE a proper necromancer or even a zombie. Eli would stay with this group and maybe they would even make new bonds to replace ones lost. Till then, he would keep his eyes open.

Eli stops walking and smiles , spreading his hands wide and glowing brightly. "Didn't that inn keeper mention something about a creature that stole tongues?
We might want to keep a close watch tonight. There might be more then bugbears lurking in this forest"

Ready to move on.

Whit
2018-05-16, 09:10 PM
]

Chandra checks the apes origin to the forest

1d20

1d20

Having had time rollingpleaase help

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-16, 09:54 PM
As Ora helps prepare the meat, she observes the rest of the party see several cautious eyes examine the injured “cleric” with wariness. For a moment, Ora begins to have some doubt on his intentions, but quickly shakes the thought from her head. It is not the will of Eerion to doubt one’s teammate! The fact she even entertained the idea for a moment sickens her slightly and she feels ashamed of the others for their looks.

“Friends, I see the look in your eyes. There are seeds of distrust in your glances. Now is not the time to carve lines in the sand between us. United, we are strong, divided, we are nothing. We fought off this attack together, and together we shall fight off the bugbears and complete our quest!”

“Tannyl, do you know off what might have caused the apes to attack us in such a sophisticated manner?”

Whit
2018-05-16, 11:19 PM
Chandra tries to remember if the apes are indigenous to this forest

[roll0]

Chandra heeds Ora’s speech

“Ora’s words speak truthfully. We were chosen by the Queen in this task, not on who we are individually but what she saw in all of us as a group to accomplish this quest.”

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 06:23 AM
Tannyll takes a moment to try and recall anything he's seen or heard about apes this size around here.

[roll0]

"I believe our suspicions are correct about what they were doing, being controlled. Now as to who or what was doing it?" He ends with a shrug.

Caterpie
2018-05-17, 07:11 AM
Chandra lived her entire life in the city of Wistoria and like the majority of it’s inhabitants, never went into the dangerous woods. But she knows there are supposed to be many animals in these lands, including apes and elephants. The forest should be about a day and a half away from here. It seems possible that the apes came from there.

Tannyll finds a small piece of a leaf caught in between the teeth of an ape. The elf concludes the beasts were herbivores, and so they were attacking out of pure violence, not necessity.

Apes in general can be very territorial, but it’s not in their nature to attack groups that are larger than their own, they would rather flee than face the disadvantage of inferior numbers.

Doubtlessly, they came from the forest, commanded by whatever monster had them under mind-control.

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 07:18 AM
As he concludes his long rest Tannyll relays that information to the others. "Shall we go?"

Feyblade
2018-05-17, 07:57 AM
Mab continues to wrack her brain for possibilities of more information on this mysterious phenomena, nodding absentmindedly in agreement at continuing on.

[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-17, 08:22 AM
If Mab could only consult the ancient tomes of knowledge from the Monastery, she would be able to find more information.

But the petite monk remembers a little piece of information that may help the group in confronting the monster. According to the legend, this creature is resistant to damages of acid, cold, fire, lightning and thunder.

charlesrwest
2018-05-17, 08:40 AM
Eli nods, heart touched by their show of support. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Mihatronix
2018-05-17, 09:10 AM
"Well, if something is controlling or upsetting apes, we should watch out. It's good to spot a possible fight before you start one. I am ready to move on as well."

Caterpie
2018-05-17, 09:21 AM
After the short rest,

The party ventures forth through the old road.

Nothing unusual is spotted and the afternoon journey goes undisturbed.

The only thing interesting that you find on the way is a couple of huge footprints on a muddy patch of the road. They look like elephant’s footprints, for this region is part of their migration routes.

And then it starts to get dark. The tired bodies of the heroes require rest and this seems to be at a good spot for camping. Well, as good as any. Out here in the grassy plains, all of you feel exposed, but at this point, there is no remedy for that other than setting up camp, building a fire and organizing the watch order.

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 5:00pm. Today is fireday, 6th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 10:14 AM
While going about the routine of setting up the camp in a reasonably defendable spot and also one free of wandering elephants or at least their tracks Tannyll suggests, "Since I do not require sleep, if you all would like to decide the first 4 hours I can take the latter and wake everyone come the morn."

charlesrwest
2018-05-17, 10:20 AM
Eli smiles at Tannyll. "Thank you! That should make watches much easier. Would you like for me to take a 2 hour watch before settling in for the night? I could keep lights active in the area and have the area well lite while I am up. The lights should last for at least an hour after I go to sleep, so we could keep good visibility for the majority of the night. What do you think?"

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 10:25 AM
Tannyll smiles at Eli, "I don't really need lights, but if they make you feel more comfortable that is fine with me."

charlesrwest
2018-05-17, 10:28 AM
"Always." Eli starts casting light on sticks and rocks and throwing them to illuminate the area around the camp. He intends to take the first two hours of the watch and keep the lights on as long as he can.

[roll0]

Feyblade
2018-05-17, 10:37 AM
Mab examines a glowing stone curiously.

"I'll take second watch with anyone who is interested?"

[roll0]

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-17, 12:00 PM
"I shall assist Mab with the second watch, unless you would prefer to only stay on watch for an hour and then I can follow. Preferable we can work together"

[roll0]

Whit
2018-05-17, 12:49 PM
Chandra checks the weather. If weather permits she rolls out her bedroll and blanket. Her tent can be used for foul weather.

“Then it is settled my friends. I will take 3rd watch.”

Chandra prays to Torm before going to sleep.

“Mighty Torm, I pray to you this night to give me guidance in making the right choices ahead of us on this quest and grant me the strength of arms to smite your foes and protect my companions in your name.”

Whit
2018-05-17, 12:52 PM
Chandra keeps an eye out for trouble during her shift.

[roll0]

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 01:04 PM
Tannyll takes up the last few shifts since he has already rested in his trance for the day. Keeping watch and carving a small token to pass the time.

[roll0] One of the home rule things I've seen several DM's do is that if your roll is less than your passive they simply use the passive. Unless of course the DC is higher than that.

*Moot point in this case as they are equal.

Mihatronix
2018-05-17, 05:07 PM
Shamas, smiles at Eli while unpacking his bedroll "Eli my friend, I can keep watch with you if you wish. Light is good if you ask me. Good to see the enemy first!"

Perception check to keep watch [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-17, 06:22 PM
After deciding their order of camp watch, the weary travellers enjoy their deserved rest. The first and second shifts of watch transpire uneventful.

But during the third shift, under the weak light of a waning moon, the human paladin Chandra and the elvish ranger Tannyll trade sudden worried glances. Both heroes have spotted something coming from the north!

Chandra and Tannyll: You see three humanoid figures approaching in the dark of night, attempting to approach your camp stealthily. They are not aware that they were seen by you.

A snarly voice speaks in a hushed tone “Oy, what have we here lady Bertha?”

Another voice replies, also softly “Whaa--, a little band of heroes! How quaint!”

A third, slightly louder voice, commands: “Quiet you fools! Let our victims sleep!”

ooc: Tannyll understands the goblinoid language perfectly, but Chandra doesn’t.

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 2:00am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.
It is mid-spring. The night is slightly chilly and the moon is Waning.

Lioslaith
2018-05-17, 07:33 PM
Tannyll makes a calming motion with his hand away from the approaching goblins and out of sight. He then gestures to Chandra to quietly wake the others as he gets up and staggers into the woods nearby looking for all the world like a drunken elf. Once there he will use his Mask of the Wild ability and hide from the goblins and ready an arrow once they are within range.

Assuming stealth here? [roll0]

and then attack once in range? if something negates this please ignore it.
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

Whit
2018-05-17, 07:50 PM
Chandra slowly moves to wake the nearest member(s) nudging with my boot or arm and whisper

“Enemy.North Stay quiet.”

I make sure my flail and shield are within easy grasp but realize I may need to grab a light source instead of a shield

Mihatronix
2018-05-18, 03:11 AM
If nudged, Shamash will open one eye, smell a bit, and see if he can see/sense something without moving to much. Luckily, he always keeps his sword beside him. He really likes big weapons.

If he is to be woken up with an alarm, then he just jumps grabbing his sword, ready to fight. Again, Luckily, he always keeps his sword beside him.

[roll0]

Initiative: (1d20+2)[14]

Caterpie
2018-05-18, 07:37 AM
The elf Tannyll quickly goes into hiding, while the paladin Chandra wakes up Shamash.

The leader of the approaching enemies notices the movement and addresses the party, speaking now loudly in the common language:

“Now listen here, ‘dventurers. We’re the famous Hurrat Clan. Give us here 10 gold pieces and we’ll allow you writ of passage. No one need to draw swords, no one gets hurt.”

The first voice seems disappointed “rats! I wanted to kill them.”

Whit
2018-05-18, 09:14 AM
Chandra speaks. Using persuasion or deception for this

“I-I have no gold but please don’t hurt me and you can have my silver.”

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

First roll is persuasion second deception third is initiative

Caterpie
2018-05-18, 10:31 AM
“No dice, blondie! Bertha can smell the gold. We will take it by force and—AHHRRGG!! My eye!!”

A swift and precise arrow, shot by the elf Tannyll, flies through the night sky hitting the monster!

The creature’s scream of agony wakes any member of the party still asleep.

With your darkvision, you can clearly see that the enemies are Bugbears, three of them. The leader is a female. She is wearing Chain mail armor and carries a big battleaxe with both hands. The other two wear leather armor and carry Morningstars. Grasker has a shield, Sarna doesn’t. – I have factored in your favourite enemy bonus for the damage!

Turn order: Before we begin round 1, Naruk Shamash still gets to act.

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 2:00am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.
It is mid-spring. The night is slightly chilly and the moon is Waning.

Feyblade
2018-05-18, 12:18 PM
Blinking sleep out of her eyes, Mab scrambles to her feet--already pulling her dagger out and looking over the situation. She does in fact speak goblinoid, so she's definitely keeping an ear out for any secret communications.

[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 07:33 AM
With an Arrow sticking out of her eye and blood squirting from the wound, the leader of the pack of Bugbears rushes forward, raising her battleaxe with both hands, ready to attempt an attack against the paladin Chandra!

But she makes the mistake of stepping into the area of thread of the barbarian Naruk Shamash!

Make your attack! Or any other action you’d prefer.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPLl11I6QKUuNI9NOyu_DNbYg_SI2L7kcU8BCxK4Jw8/edit#gid=0)

Initiative order:
Bertha: 21
Tannyll: 19
Mab: 19
Grasker: 17
Sarna: 17
Chandra: 16
Shamash: 14
Ora: 12
Eli: 10

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It is mid-spring. The night is slightly chilly and the moon is waning.

Mihatronix
2018-05-21, 08:23 AM
"HAHA, let them come!" Shamash grins and lifts his heavy gratsword

prepare action to attack the first bugbear that gets into my threat range.

I believe that Bertha is in my threat range, isn't she? I can attack?

Mihatronix
2018-05-21, 09:14 AM
Shamash swings his sword at the bugbear that aproached Chandra.

Attack
(1d20+6)[24]

And dmg:
(2d6+4)[14]

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 03:18 PM
With a strong swing of his greatsword, the white dragonborn Naruk Shamash chops off the head of the charging Bugbear!! The headless body falls inert in front of Chandra.

ooc: It's Tannyll's turn. Tannyll needs to choose a square to be at in the battlemap, even if hidden.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPLl11I6QKUuNI9NOyu_DNbYg_SI2L7kcU8BCxK4Jw8/edit#gid=0)

Initiative order:

Tannyll: 19 -it's his turn!
Mab: 19

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

hangover
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-21, 03:23 PM
Tannyll will nod with satisfaction as the bugbear falls. He takes aim at the one taking up the rear.

Put me at C6 unless the tree represents stuff I can't shoot around, then C7.

[roll=Damage1d8+5

Added in his favored enemy bonus that time.

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 04:09 PM
The wood elf ranger lets loose a second arrow, hitting the bugbear Sarna in the right shoulder!

The monster lets out a howl of pain, followed by hysterical laughter. She speaks, but only Mab and Tannyll understand the goblin language.

“With lady Bertha dead, I am now leader of the Hurrat clan! Your heads will be my first trophies.”

occ: It's Mab's turn!

Initiative order:

Tannyll: 19 - already went
Mab: 19 - it's her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 04:17 PM
Lioslaith: C6 is fine. Poor damage, though!

Feyblade: Remember that this is your first turn after you woke up, so you have to get up from the "prone" position. That costs half your movement.

Feyblade
2018-05-21, 05:28 PM
Mab stands, moves five feet to the right, and slips into a defensive stance, calling out in goblinoid--

"I'd like to see you try. How do you expect to win if your leader couldn't?"

I'd like to take the Dodge action just in case as I am not nearly close enough to them!

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 06:18 PM
Apparently ignoring Mab’s taunt, one of the Bugbears charges forward, menacing Morningstar in hand, and attacks Tannyll!

“No more shooting arrows, elfie!”

Bugbear attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 06:28 PM
With a violent blow of the Morningstar, the ranger Tannyll falls to the ground unconscious!

With his remaining stamina, the assaulting bugbear moves behind the big rock, seeking cover from ranged attacks.

The second Bugbear of the group rushes to Shamash and attacks violently with her Morningstar!

Bugbear attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

"Die, disgusting lizard!"

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 06:33 PM
The monster strikes with unbelievable strength dropping the barbarian dragonborn to the ground!

Two of the heroes are now lying unconscious and bleeding out.

ooc: It's Chandra's turn.

Initiative order:

Tannyll: 19 - unconscious
Mab: 19 – already went
Grasker: 17 – already went
Sarna: 17 – already went
Chandra: 16 it’s her turn!
Shamash: 14 - unconscious

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

HP:0/12, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
dodging
no

HP:0/14, AC:14
dying
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Tannyll’s death saving throws:
Success: 0
Failure: 0

Shamash’s death saving throws:

Whit
2018-05-21, 07:38 PM
Chandra looks in horror as Shamash falls. She swings her flail at Sarna
“Die Evil beast! We will not be yours this night or ever!”
[roll0]
[roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-21, 07:46 PM
Chandra’s flail hits the enemy, lacerating the side of Sarna’s body! She lets out a frightening grunt! “RAAARRRHH!!”

ooc: Shamash needs to roll a death saving throw.
It’s Ora’s turn and Eli can go right after!

Initiative order:

Tannyll: 19 - unconscious
Chandra: 16 already went
Shamash: 14 - unconscious
Ora: 12 - it's her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
dodging
no

HP:0/14, AC:14
dying
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Shamash’s death saving throws:

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-21, 09:20 PM
Ora

In the dead of the night, even with the bugbear attacking her new friends, Ora is slow to wake. Unfortunately, by the time she rose to full height, two over her friends had fallen. With all of her strength, she pushes her way to the fallen Dragonborn. “By the breath of Eerion, breathe again!” Ora Lays her hands on the barbarian, pumping the breath of life back into his limp body.

lay on hands to Shamash for five Hp

charlesrwest
2018-05-21, 09:41 PM
Eli is a pretty heavy sleeper. He was having a particularly lovely one tonight, all of his new (hopefully) friends were in it dancing around the camp fire... Wait, is that a bug bear with a great sword?

Eli's mind finally engages and he takes in the scene before him. Two of his party were down, blood flowing freely. He's heartened, however, by Ora's display. His light flares brightly.

"No one hurts MY FRIENDS!" He points his finger at Tannyll and a ray of white light streaks out, sinking into his chest. Tannyll's wounds start to close.

Tannyll heals [roll0] and is no longer unconscious.

He charges forward and dances around the nearest bugbear, coming to a stop next to Tannyll and pointing his shield his foe.

Eli moves to E6.

"Walk into the light!"

(dex save DC 13) Damage if failed: [roll1]

Will cast Sacred Flame at Sarna if she attempts to run or use warding flare if Eli is attacked before that (2 left)

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 05:48 AM
The dragonborn paladin, Ora, draws from the divine power bestowed on to her by the god Eerion. With a gentle touch, she heals the barbarian Shamash back to life!

“Oh-oh” Says the Bugbear, worried of the fury the barbarian might unleash.

Meanwhile, Eli Stone uses his incredible abilities to heal the other fallen hero, Tannyll, and to launch an attack of pure burning light against the assaulting bugbear, but she is able to avoid the magical attack.

ooc: It’s Tannyll’s turn, and then Mab’s. Heroes can act out of order. Remember Tannyll was healed, but is still lying on the ground.

Initiative order:

Round 2

Tannyll: 19 – it’s his turn!
Mab: 19 –
Grasker: 17 –
Sarna: 17 –
Shamash: 14 –
Ora: 12 –
Eli: 10 –

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

HP:4/12, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
prone
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
dodging
no

HP:5/14, AC:14
prone
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-22, 06:14 AM
Tannyll stands up and shoots the bugbear Sarna, hoping to do some actual damage now. He nods his thanks to Eli as he lets his arrow fly.

Standing up is 1/2 movement speed

[roll0]
[roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 07:13 AM
The revived elf quickly gets back on his feet and shoots another arrow, hitting the bugbear Sarna on her right thigh!

“AAARRHH!!” the monster curses the archer! The Bugbear looks very hurt, but far from defeated! She stares at the party with anger and her resolve to fight has not diminished.

ooc: It’s Mab’s turn!

Initiative order:

Round 2

Tannyll: 19 – already went
Mab: 19 – it’s her turn!
Grasker: 17 –
Sarna: 17 –

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

HP:4/12, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
dodging
no

prone
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Feyblade
2018-05-22, 07:19 AM
Mab ducks around Chandra to stand over the dead bugbear's form--shoving her dagger into Sarna's ribs before punching her in the face.

First Attack (Action)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second Attack (Bonus Action)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 07:36 AM
The diminutive monk misses her dagger attack, but her secondary martial arts punch hits the enemy square in the face!
Teeth come flying off Sarna’s mouth and the nearby human, Eli, is splashed with droplets of blood!

The bugbear Sarna appears to be in bad shape now!

After the monk’s impressive punch, the other bugbear, Grasker, comes out aggressively rushing towards the elf Tannyll once again:

“I thought told you to stay down, archer!”

Grasker Morningstar attack:[roll0], damage: [roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 07:41 AM
Meanwhile, the bloodied Sarna raises her Morningstar in fury against the tiefling monk Mab!

Sarna’s Morningstar attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 07:45 AM
With their heavy morningstarts, both monsters hit their targets with unbelievable brutality!

The ranger Tannyll falls unconscious again while the monk, Mab, is now severely injured!

ooc: It’s Chandra’s turn!

Initiative order:

Round 2

Tannyll: 19 – unconscious
Chandra: 16 – It’s her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

HP:1/9, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
none
no

prone
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Successes: 0
Failures: 0

Whit
2018-05-22, 01:50 PM
Chandra once again swings her flail down upon Sarnas head. Thinking these beasts must be dealt with swiftly or we shall all perish. Seeing Mab take a vicious hit.

“You must be afraid to face me, Monster! By Torms will you will fall!

[roll1]
to attack me
[roll]1d#20+5

Occ info

Whit
2018-05-22, 01:52 PM
[roll0]

Intimidate roll

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 03:20 PM
The human paladin Chandra strikes the bugbear with a devastating blow!

The enemy creature is now barely standing, but still poses a menacing threat!

(Chandra’s words are completely out of meaning to the goblinoid creature, for between the two of them there isn’t a shared language. The bugbear appears to presume Chandra cursed something at her and snarls back in anger.)

ooc: It’s Shamash’s turn! Ora and Eli can act too.

Initiative order:

Round 2

Tannyll: 19 – already went
Chandra: 16 – already went
Shamash: 14 – It’s his turn

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

prone
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Mihatronix
2018-05-22, 03:53 PM
As Shamash stands up, looking at a bugbear in front of him from above, despite being so brutally hit just a seconds before, you can see he is grinning again, but you can see a cold rage in his eyes. "Now you are mine", Shamash says, almost quiet compered to his usual loud voice.

Atack roll: (1d20+6)[20]
Dmg roll: (2d6+6)[15]

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-22, 03:56 PM
With a great roar of the dragon and the righteous fury of her god, Ora rushes at the bugbear that took down her dragonborn friend. In one motion, she takes the greatsword from her back and slices the Bugbear in retribution.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

charlesrwest
2018-05-22, 05:42 PM
Eli sacred flames enemies if there are still any around.

Damage: [roll0]

Otherwise he stabilizes Tannyl. Same reactions as last turn.

Sorry for short post, need to go buy some swim diapers.

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 05:48 PM
Launching himself into a frightening rage, the barbarian Naruk Shamash swings his sword with devastating violence!!

The Bugbear Sarna is killed!

Meanwhile, the other dragonborn, Ora, steps forward attacking the last remaining monster and she hits with a strong blow of her sword!!

The creature howls unspeakable curses at the brave paladin “RHHHUAARRHH!!”

A blinding flame of light energy is hurled at the monster, but it is nimble enough to avoid the damage!

ooc: Tannyll needs to roll a death saving throw. It’s Mab’s turn!

Initiative order:

Round 3

Mab: 19 – it's her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

in Rage
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Feyblade
2018-05-22, 06:33 PM
Mab screeches, launching herself forward to assault the final bugbear. Her first attack aims to stab at his dominant arm (hopefully crippling his ability to attack in her mind) , and the second being yet another punch to the face.

"Someone--check Tannyll--is he--"

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Caterpie
2018-05-22, 07:00 PM
Mab, the small tiefling, attacks with a swift and precise motion that cripples the monster’s right arm!

With a limp arm, the last remaining Bugbear drops his Morningstar and clumsily attempts to bash the monk with his shield.

Bugbear improvised shield bash: [roll0], disadvantage: [roll1], damage: [roll2]

The monster's effort to hit Mab with his shield are useless, for the nimble monk is able to dodge!

ooc: Tannyll needs to roll a death saving throw. It’s Chandra’s turn!

(Shamash, Ora and Eli can declare actions as well.)

Initiative order:

Round 3

[B]Chandra: 16 – it’s her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
dying
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

in Rage
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Whit
2018-05-22, 07:16 PM
Chandra moves pass Shamash and Ora to stand behind Tannyll

“Lord Torm, I am your vessel of healing.”

Lay hands 5 points Tannyll

Mihatronix
2018-05-23, 01:19 AM
Shamash, steal grinning, steps forward to a last bugbear, bringing his sword up again.

I explained in OOC where will Shmash move :)
(1d20+6)[19]
(2d6+6)[12]

Caterpie
2018-05-23, 06:38 AM
With yet another furious attack, Shamash, the white dragonborn, brings his greatsword heavily down on the last standing Bugbear dropping the monster lifeless to the ground!

The last Bugbear is killed!

Meanwhile, the paladin Chandra lays hands on the elf Tannyll, healing his wounds from the brutal Morningstar attack.

The combat is over and the heroes are victorious!

The heroes defeat the assaulting bugbears and find themselves tired and wounded in their camp.
The sounds of clanking swords and shields subsides to give way to the soft crackling of the campfire and the distant croaking of toads. Under the waning moon, the adventurers feel the sting of a bitter victory.

Shamash and Tannyll were severely hurt during combat and if it weren’t for the healing powers of Ora, Eli and Chandra, they could have been killed.

Over the horizon, the tree line of the forest awaits for the arrival of the party. What kind of challenges will it offer the heroes? Will they be able to survive the journey? These are questions going through the minds of the novice adventurers. But no matter the answer, a comet with incredible magical power fell from the sky. To find this stellar shard before it ends in the hands of evil doers is worth all the risk.

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

HP:5/12, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 2:05am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Lioslaith
2018-05-23, 06:42 AM
Tannyll nods his gratitude to those that healed him and then goes to search the bugbears. Afterwards he then moves to sit gingerly at the fire. Resting as much as he can before day break.

[roll0]

Mihatronix
2018-05-23, 08:47 AM
Shamash quites his rage as he sees all of his enemies dead.
He turns to Ora, and bows his head to her "Thank you, I owe you my life" and then he smiles as friendly as he can and sits by the fire with Tannyll.

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-23, 10:03 AM
Ora regards Shamash’s thanks, but gives a mild dismal with a hand wave. “Do not thank me. Thank the gods for the victory they granted us hear today. You and Tannyl should rest now. Our restorative magic can only do so much.” Ora will then sit a few feet ahead of the fire and kneel in prayer, but trying to keep alert for the next part of the night.

Feyblade
2018-05-23, 12:08 PM
Mab starts rifling through the pockets of the fallen bugbear leader--hoping to see if she carried any items that might be important for the party to see (whether involving the star, the tongue stealer, or otherwise).

[roll0]

Whit
2018-05-23, 12:25 PM
Chandra cleans her weapon and looks at each member. A warm smile upon her face

I could not understand their speech. Any indication they were a patrol that will be missed or were they marauders?

Tannyll. Your aim is true and we shall have need of it on our quest. I am sorry I cannot do more for your wounds, but in time great Torm will deem me worthy of greater things to come. I am sure of that. Did you find anything interesting on those Bugbears?

Ora. You are our anvil. Each of us are but one, but with you by our side we shall be forged into a mighty group.

Mab. I have never seen such a fighting style. To attack with but a dagger and your fists against such brutes is brave indeed.

Shamash. Your might was proven for all to see this night. I am glad you are by our side.

Eli. Your powers are amazing indeed. You hold both the power of healing and destructive wrath within you. Who can stand against you indeed.

charlesrwest
2018-05-23, 01:22 PM
Eli bandages up everyone who needs it (no mechanical effect), sets up the lights and heads back to bed. His heart is warmed by seeing the group stand strong together even during a night ambush.

Caterpie
2018-05-23, 01:53 PM
Searching the pockets of the headless bugbear leader, Mab finds two vials with a familiar red liquid, the fabled potion of healing! She also finds what appears to be a magic scroll and a small purse with 10 gold pieces.

The bugbear leader also had a decent Battleaxe and 3 javelins. She wore a chain mail that fits any medium sized creature.

Meanwhile, Tannyll retrieves the arrows from the bodies of the fallen enemies. The elf shot Sarna twice, in the leg and shoulder. These arrows are still usable. However, the first projectile, the one that hit Bertha in the eye, is beyond repair. It broke on impact and is now totally useless. Still, the ranger feels comfortable with a quiver filled with 18 arrows.

Looting the bodies of Sarna and Grasker, Tannyll finds:

Two morningstars, 6 javelins, 1 shield and 2 sets of leather armor that fit a medium sized creature. All items are in good condition, except for the armors... these are very damaged. (Thanks to Shamash’s greatsword and Chandra’s flail.)

On grasker’s pockets, you find two loose copper pieces and what appears to be a treasure map.

On Sarna, Tannyll finds a small translucent pink gem – a precious stone known as a Moss Agate (worth 10 gold pieces).

Mab and Tannyll: What items will you keep or hand to others?

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

HP:11/14, AC:14
none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-23, 01:58 PM
Tannyll makes a pile of the things he found for the others to pick through but takes a look at the treasure map. Not that he is keeping it, just looking it over to see if he is familiar with the terrain. If not he will be after studying it.

Feyblade
2018-05-23, 02:20 PM
Mab crows with excitement, examining the potions and scroll with enthusiasm. "Hey--can any of you cast this?" She makes neat piles of the items. "There's some weapons and armour too if any of you want an upgrade--they're kind of damaged though. And the potions are good for us in case healing magic gets low."

Whit
2018-05-23, 03:26 PM
Chandra looks over the javelins to compare. If any are better she will discuss with Ora.

Caterpie
2018-05-23, 06:09 PM
Tannyll: The map is indecipherable and Tannyll fails to make any sense of it. Beyond that, the parchment is filled with enigmatic and senseless phrases. With red ink, the bugbear wrote over and over again: “Beware of the frogs, the frogs are watching us. Beware of the frogs, the frogs are watching us.” It’s almost disturbing.

But at this hour there isn't much the ranger can do about the weird map. It would be a safe bet to say it's completely useless.

The party drags the bodies of the bugbears away from the camp. Eli helps people tend to their wounds and the group manages to somehow find a little bit of rest before continuing the journey.

Morning comes with a cold breeze from the south, the last icy winds of a winter that won’t return for another year.

The events of the previous day helped the heroes to better understand their powers and abilities. Feeling stronger and more able, they are no longer the novices that departed from Wistoria.

ooc: Welcome to level 2!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 7:00am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.
It is mid-spring. A cold breeze blows from the south.

Lioslaith
2018-05-23, 06:34 PM
Tannyll relays the information regarding the map to the others then offers it up for someone else to inspect. "Could be magically warded." He says tersely as he sets it on the pile of loot.

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-23, 07:41 PM
When Chandra approaches Ora about the javelins, Ora suggests, "Perhaps we should split the javelins between us equally, as we both equal use of them. Perhaps even our other melee combatants can use them as well. Although, the need for ranged combat is less dire for me and Shamash, given our inborn draconic breath. If you wish for the lions share of the weapons, they are yours."

"In fact, the only thing I would truly want from these spoils, if no one else wishes it, would be the gemstone. I have a penchant for jewelry, and I believe I may be able to create a nice trinket or bauble with it one we return to civilization."

When the morning light graces her face, and the cold wins buffet her scales, Ora feels more in touch with her God during her morning prayers. She feels Eerion's power stronger than before, his strength giving her newfound power. Power she will use to bring forth his light and defend her friends.

Whit
2018-05-23, 09:10 PM
Chandra checks the quality of the javelins.

Hmm, the javelins are of average make. I’ll defer the weapons to others.

Chandra inner thought. I feel the strength of my god increasing within me. I have been found worthy.

charlesrwest
2018-05-23, 09:27 PM
Eli wakes with a smile in the morning. "I've had the most marvelous idea!" He dashes a little way from the camp and pretty soon extremely bright flashes of light can be seen (and somewhat manic laughter). He's calmed down a little by the time he gets back to camp, but seems unable to stop smiling.

charlesrwest
2018-05-24, 09:31 AM
"Magically warded? Let me take a look at that." Eli conducts a 10 minute ritual and (ritually) casts Detect Magic. He then looks over all of the loot (including the map) to see if he detects anything.

Feyblade
2018-05-24, 10:18 AM
The loot from the night before isn't quite of major interest to Mab (besides the potions and scroll--the latter which she's fairly sure she couldn't use anyways.) She'll watch Eli cast Detect Magic with curiosity though.

"Do we want to wait and split the coin once we're back in town--considering we may fight more creatures with it then?"

Caterpie
2018-05-24, 11:24 AM
Eli analyses all the items and confirms that the only things magical are indeed the potions and the spell scroll. The magical aura of the potions reveals the healing properties expected of them, while the scroll... is barely magical. It bears a very faint aura, making it possibly a cantrip. It appears to be of arcane nature.

Whit
2018-05-24, 12:43 PM
Chandra gathers her items for departure.

“We can deal with coin later. I suggest we continue our quest.”

Feyblade
2018-05-24, 03:30 PM
"I'll carry it and the potions in the meantime--what speed do we want to continue at?"

Caterpie
2018-05-25, 06:39 PM
After checking their gear, praying to their respective gods and preparing their spells for the day, the party gets back on the road for the second day of travel.

The heroes keep following the road north, towards the forest of the dreaded Bugbears. If last night’s combat was a sample of what lies ahead, this is indeed a dangerous quest. But the party doesn’t allow these concerns to hold them back, after all, this is what they trained for.

….And then…

Trouble finds our group of heroes before the sun can even reach the midday position. In the distance, the party sees something worrisome: a rampaging elephant threatening some peasants!

A loud animal screech travels through the air, followed by the panicked cries for help of two children and an elderly man! On the right side of the road, lies the broken wagon of a family of farmers. The helpless peasants seek cover behind the heavily damaged vehicle while the angry huge beast charges towards them!

The party is at a safe distance to ignore the family’s cries for help and let the Elephant have its fill of rage. But what weigh will this omission bring to their minds?

This is the Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v4Sr2G8buCMSBruhznSJzkNwJSABL3dhVI243oJDscM/edit#gid=0)

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

HP:19/19, AC:14
Wood Elf Ranger
none
no
20gp, 2cp, Total:22 coins

HP:21/21, AC:16
none
no

HP: 20/20, AC:18
Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

HP:13/13, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
none
no
27gp, 3sp, 7cp: total: 37 coins.

HP:27/27, AC:14
none
yes

HP:15/15, AC:18
Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 10:00am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Whit
2018-05-25, 07:31 PM
Chandra sees the distraught family and the danger they are in.

Is this elephant here in happenstance or is it afflicted by what controlled the apes! The children cannot defend themselves, and though brave, that old man is no proven warrior.

Chandra moves to the elephant to distract it away from the family. Preparing a dodge action.

charlesrwest
2018-05-25, 07:50 PM
Eli doesn't know of any way to calm the beast down and if something demonic is at work, his skill is not sufficient to drive it out. He does, however, know of a good way to deal with large beasts.

As Chandra dashes forward, Eli runs forward and throws a bolt of light toward the area around the elephant which seems to cling to it.

Dex save: DC 13. If it fails, all attacks on it will get advantage due to it being marked (concentration, up to 1 min). Eli moves to L13.

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-25, 08:23 PM
Ora

"We must defend the children!" Ora cries as she dashes forward, running to distract the beast. Feeling the power of the god of storms within her, she confronts the creature with a challenge laced with the divine authority. "Majestic beast, face not a helpless family, but a worthy opponent!" Whether the beast understands or not is mute; the challenge had the weight of the gods' word, and even without, Ora would defend the family with her body and soul.

Action: dash so I am within thirty feet of the elephant
Bonus action: cast compelled duel. Wisdom save, dc 14. on a fail, it has disadvantage on attacks against anyone but the caster, and must make another wis save if it wants to move more than 30 feet away. It ends if I harm another creature, lose concentration, or if an ally harms it.

Feyblade
2018-05-25, 09:42 PM
Mab bolts towards the elephant, running as fast as she can.

"Hey! Over here!" Trying to distract the creature.

[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-27, 05:24 AM
Seeing the elephant threatening a family of peasants, the paladin Chandra moves forward, yelling at the beast, ready to dodge any attacks against her.

Meanwhile, the strange human, Eli, casts a spell, making the elephant glow with a mysterious light.

Calling out to her god, the bronze dragonborn, Ora, runs towards the troubled family and casts her divine magic, attempting to compel the elephant to fight her, but the beast resists the paladin’s enchantment.

On her turn, the tiny tiefling Mab also dashes forward, getting dangerously close to the beast!

ooc:
Attack rolls against the elephant have advantage (Eli’s Faerie Fire)
At any point, Tannyll and Shamash can take their surprise round actions.
It’s Eli’s turn!

This is the Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v4Sr2G8buCMSBruhznSJzkNwJSABL3dhVI243oJDscM/edit#gid=0)

Initiative – Round 1

Eli – 19 – It’s his turn!
Tannyll – 15
Chandra – 11
Ora – 9
Mab – 6
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 10:00am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

charlesrwest
2018-05-27, 05:51 AM
Eli (wary of the spell being disrupted), moves to N11 and casts sacred flame at the crazed beast.

Damage on hit: [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-27, 07:11 AM
Eli’s flame cause a little damage to the beast, that angrily trumpets its trunk, turning to face the band of heroes!

ooc: the elephant suffered 2 damage.
It´s Tannyll’s turn!

Initiative – Round 1

Eli – 19 – already went
Tannyll – 15 – It’s his turn!
Chandra – 11
Ora – 9
Mab – 6
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Whit
2018-05-27, 10:55 AM
Chandra moves to O5 trying to distract the elephant away from the family.

“Over here beast! Come to me! “

Caterpie
2018-05-27, 11:07 AM
The brave paladin, Chandra, moves closer to the beast trying to identify if its suffering the same effect as the apes were, but she finds it hard to come to a definitive conclusion.

ooc: It´s Tannyll’s turn!

Initiative – Round 1

Eli – 19 – already went
Chandra – 11 – already went
Ora – 9
Mab – 6
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-27, 09:44 PM
With the blast of light from their cleric, Ora sees that the time for nonviolent solutions is already past. At this point, pain may be the best deterrent to the beast. Summoning her inner strength, Ora channels her inner power into a roar like thunder, a bolt of lightning erupting from her mouth, striking the pachyderm’s flank.

Ora moves to a position with a clear 30foot path that will only hit the elephant and uses her breath weapon. Dc14 Dex Save. [roll0] lightning damage.

Mihatronix
2018-05-28, 04:41 AM
Shamas rushes forward, rising his greatsword and roaring.

"Come face a me you giant big nosed rat!"

For suprise action Shamas will dash forawrd to L13 (or closer if possible)

If he can't get close to attack, than this
Intimidation: (1d20+3)[7]
Perception: (1d20+1)[17]

If he can attack (we have an advantage if I understood)+perception to see if eyes are red:
(1d20+6)[24]
(1d20+6)[21]

And dmg roll: (2d6+4)[15]

Caterpie
2018-05-28, 07:54 AM
The white dragonborn dashes up to the elephant, running alongside the monk Mab he is amazed at how quickly she outpaces him! Nevertheless, Shamash reaches the powerful beast of nature and strikes it with the greatsword slashing the leg of the elephant!

Meanwhile, the other dragonborn of the group unleashes her powerful breath on the beast!! It somehow manages to duck the main bolt, but is grazed by some of the lightning damage.

The elf, Tannyll, runs up the road finding cover behind a large boulder. He prepares his bow and shoots an arrow against the raging animal, which hits the left side of the angry beast!

“FFFRRROOOOUUUU!!!!” A loud screech of pain is made by the elephant under heavy attack of the group of heroes!

Ooc: It´s Mab’s turn!

Initiative – Round 1

Eli – 19 – already went
Tannyll – 15 already went
Chandra – 11 – already went
Ora – 9 – already went
Mab – 6 – It’s her turn!
Shamash – 6 – already went
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Feyblade
2018-05-28, 05:42 PM
Mab winces at the combat against the elephant, unsure if they should be fighting it if it is in fact under the thrall of a greater power.

A breath and she attacks--nonlethally--with her fists rather than her dagger (in order to minimize harm).

I would like to spend one of my brand new Ki points to use flurry of blows--which gives me an extra attack! Also--I would prefer to do nonlethal damage.
Attack One
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack Two
[roll2]
[roll3]

Attack Three
[roll4]
[roll5]

Caterpie
2018-05-28, 06:06 PM
The diminutive monk attacks the elephant with a flurry of blows, making sure to hit the beast on non-lethal spots. It’s really a sight none of the heroes had imagined before – a tiny tiefling girl punching an elephant with her bare fists, but lo and behold, it is happening right before their eyes!

The pachyderm becomes furious after the array of punches and kicks handed by the monk Mab. With a violent swing of its tusks, the elephant attacks Mab!

"FRRWWWWUUUHHH!!!!!"

Elephant’s gore attack at Mab: [roll0], damage: [roll1]piercing

The elephant's tusk pierces Mab with great violence! She is knocked down prone and is bleeding out.

ooc: It’s Eli’s turn!

Initiative – Round 2

Eli – 19 – it’s his turn!
Tannyll – 15
Chandra – 11
Ora – 9
Mab – 6
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

[B]The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

HP:0/13, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
dying
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

charlesrwest
2018-05-28, 06:13 PM
Eli runs forward. "Man, no!!"

He runs forward and casts spare the dying on Man.

Caterpie
2018-05-28, 06:33 PM
Eli touches the fallen monk and stops the bleeding. Mab is unconscious, but in stable condition.

If not healed, Mab will regain consciousness in [roll0] hours.

ooc: it’s Tannyll’s turn!

Initiative – Round 2

Eli – 19 – already went
Chandra – 11
Ora – 9
Mab – 6 – unconscious.
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
unconscious
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Whit
2018-05-28, 07:18 PM
Chandra runs past the tree to be at the farmers side, grabb8ng him to move away
[roll0]

Get your children away from here!

Chandra looks at Shamash placing her shield on her shoulder

Great Torm shield my friend with your protection

60 ft range bonus action +2 to Shamash ac shield of faith spell

Chdandra helps move the farmer to the children and safety

Lioslaith
2018-05-29, 06:15 AM
Tannyll keeps his position behind the cover and takes aim once again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Caterpie
2018-05-29, 06:43 AM
From behind the boulder, the ranger Tannyll shoots another arrow at the elephant!

“RRRRUUUUOOOFFFOOWW!!!”

It hits the creature on the right flank, as it had just mauled the monk with its tusks.

Meanwhile, the paladin Chandra courageously grab the distressed farmer and the children, leading them away from harm. She also conjures divine protection to her ally Shamash!

But the raging elephant notices the paladin’s actions and attempts to strike her with its powerful tusks!

Elephant reaction: attacking Chandra – [roll0], damage: [roll1]

The violent attack hits the paladin with full force! The paladin has fallen to the ground, she is bleeding out.

ooc: It’s Ora’s turn!

Initiative – Round 2

Eli – 19 – already went
Tannyll – 15 – already went
Chandra – 11 – unconscious
Ora – 9 – it’s her turn!
Mab – 6 – unconscious
Shamash – 6
Elephant – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
(C) Faerie Fire
yes

Tiefling Monk
unconscious
no

none
yes

HP:0/15, AC:18
Human Paladin
dying
no

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-29, 11:23 AM
"CHANDRA NO!!" Ora cried as the beast fell her second friend. Righteous fury in her eyes, she channels her spark of divine energy mixed with her own electrical prowess into her greatsword. "By the grace of the northern winds, you shall harm no one further!" With an oath of protection and a mighty warcry of dragonborn fury, Ora swings her 6 foot greatsword overhead with all her might, its charged power exploding on impact in a thunderbolt that echoes across the wilderness.

Movement: I will proceed to q5
Bonus action: cast THUNDEROUS SMITE! (concentration)
Action: Greatsword+SMITE attack: [roll0]
Advantage cause fairy fire: [roll1]
Damage (individual dice for GWF): [roll2] +[roll3] + 3 slashing +
THUNDEROUS SMITE! [roll4] + [roll5] thunder damage plus it needs to make a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked 10 feet back and prone.

Hopefully not knocking it into the fleeing civilians. They went north, right?

Caterpie
2018-05-29, 12:04 PM
With a strong push, the elephant lifts its two front pawns into the air waving them in a menacing way at the approach of the bronze dragonborn, ready to strike her down with a powerful stomp!

And then.. “THUUUD!!”

Ora’s thunderous attack fills the air with electricity. The ground shakes as the mighty beast of nature falls prone, finally slain.

It was a quick, but bloody battle. The peasants are safe, but Chandra is in trouble, the life slowly fading away from her eyes. Shamash, Eli, Tannyll and Ora need to act quickly to save her life.

ooc: It’s Shamash’s turn, but the other heroes can act out of order.

Initiative – Round 2

Eli – 19 – already went
Tannyll – 15 – already went
Chandra – 11 – unconscious
Ora – 9 – already went
Mab – 6 – unconscious
Shamash – 6 it’s his turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

(C) Thunderous Smite
no

Human Cleric of Light
none
yes

Tiefling Monk
unconscious
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
dying
no

charlesrwest
2018-05-29, 12:11 PM
Eli runs over to Chandra. "Worry not, for the light will ease your way". He casts spare the dying on Chandra.

Caterpie
2018-05-29, 12:30 PM
Eli’s light heals the wounds of the paladin and she is now out of danger.

Combat is over and the heroes are victorious!

If not healed, Chandra will regain consciousness in [roll0] hours.

A stumbling old man (the peasant who was under attack) approaches the group of heroes:

“You… You have saved us from that beast! Thank you, thank you very much!”

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
unconscious
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
unconscious
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-29, 12:32 PM
Tannyll nods to the old man and asks, "Do you have any idea what provoked it? I would guess territory or protecting a youngling but I see no evidence of either here."

darkmoonrise312
2018-05-29, 03:43 PM
Ora breaths heavily, aftersparks arcing across her metal armor, as she stares at the downed beast. She had let her rage take over, and with it she slew this gigantic beast. But then her eyes glance down and she see her friends lying unconscious in the beast's wake and quickly returns her attention to their wellbeing. Ora bows down and discharges her healing magic into her fallen comrades, sacred wind pumping breath back into their bodies.

Ora lays on hands 2 HP into both of Chandra and Mab to make them conscious but saving some HP just in case something else shows up.

Feyblade
2018-05-29, 11:44 PM
Mab stumbles to her feet, returning to conciousness with a gasp as she feels her injuries start to dissapate.

"Thank you, Ora." A faint, weary smile before the tiny tiefling moves to inspect the elephant in an attempt to figure out if its rampage has any connection to those of the apes from previous fights.

[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-05-30, 11:39 AM
Ora heals the fallen heroes Mab and Chandra, drawing divine power from her prayers.

As Tannyll talks to the farmer, the old man appears surprised to see an elf, but he tries not to let it show it in his voice: “Greetings, lord elf. We thank you for your blessings!” He makes an awkward bow before continuing “About the beast, your guess is as good as mine! I had never seen an elephant my entire life! They usually stay in the forest…”

One of the children pleas “Grandpa, we have to fix the wagon..” and the old man replies “I know, I know, get me my bag of tools, I’ll get right to it.” The family of peasants get busy working on the broken wagon.

Meanwhile, Mab checks the eyes of the elephant, as well as the mouth and tongue. She finds no signs that this animal had been under exterior influences.

What will the party do?

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

HP:2/13, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

HP:2/15, AC:18
Human Paladin
none
no

Lioslaith
2018-05-30, 12:04 PM
Tannyll blinks in surprise at the title bestowed on him by the man. Waving it off he nods his appreciation, "Is there any way we can help with the wagon? Were any of you hurt?" He will help as he can to get them back on their way.

charlesrwest
2018-05-30, 01:26 PM
Eli nods at the travelers and gets out his healer's kit. If anyone is still bleeding, he is going to fix them up.

He also offers light stones to the children. "The world can be full of darkness, but always remember there is light."

Whit
2018-05-30, 05:25 PM
After waking from her near death at Th hands of the elephant.

Chandra speaks weakly
“Are...is the family safe?”

Chandra knows she’s wounded, far to wounded to do much more without Th asisitance of her god.

“Dear Torm, with your will I shall continue in your name.”

Chandra’s hand glows as she places it over her wound.

[SPOILER=Chandra heals for 10points]
Chandra smiles to her friends
“Thank you, thank you all, dear friends.”

Chandra assists the farmer with the wagon.

“By the gods, fate has blessed your family this day. The tenants of the great God Torm is to protect those that cannot defend themselves. I would give my life to save your family again if need arose. My name is Chandra Thule, servant of Torm the brave.

Mihatronix
2018-05-31, 02:49 AM
"You my friends are amazing, I am honored to travel with you. Mab, your fighting style is so powerful!" Shamash says with a broad smile, respect in the eyes as he looks at his friends. You can see a slight frown after that, as he is ashamed that he didn't really do much to help before they destroyed the beast. "Is there any way I can help?" Shamas asks, with a smile again.

darkmoonrise312
2018-06-01, 09:06 AM
"It is by the grace of the gods that we arrived in time to save you, and I thank Eerion that no one was seriously hurt." Ora says to the family, before glancing back to her recovering friends, tending the wounds along with Eli. Once what can be done is done, Ora returns her attention to the elephant she slew. [color=goldenrod]"I feel sorry for this creature. We should make sure that its life should not go to waste." Ora begins to carve the elephant and carefully removing meat and tusk. Once complete, Ora will graciously give the family a reasonable portion of ivory to help them pay for damages.

I believe it is survival for carving things out of bodies: [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-06-01, 01:16 PM
Replying to the elf, the old man says:

“Well, if any of you know how to fix wheel bolts.. That would be a great help. But otherwise, we can manage, it’ll just take a little time”

The glowing man, Eli, opens his healer’s box and starts placing bandages and ointments on Chandra’s and Mab’s wounds. The farmer children, a girl and a boy, are delighted to receive glowing stones and start running around playing with them, much to grandpa’s discord: “Get back here, the two of you! Help me fix the wagon!”

And then Chandra, after healing herself with divine power, approaches the man and skilfully helps fixing the broken wheels of the vehicle.

“Thank you lady Thule, that was very generous of you.. I feel I’m in debt to your group, my farm is just two hours away from here.. May I offer you a meal and a place to rest?” Noticing Ora’s and Tannyll’s interest in the defeated beast, the old man adds: “If you have rope, we can try to drag the animal back to my shed. I fear I’m short of a proper saw to cut of those tusks you’re looking at, but maybe you can make do with my simple wood saw.”

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

HP:2/13, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

HP:12/15, AC:18
Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 10:30am. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Caterpie
2018-06-03, 02:13 PM
After a short deliberation, the party decides to decline the farmer’s offer. With the wagon fixed, the peasant and his grandchildren wave goodbye to the heroes and quickly disappear into the horizon.

The dragonborn paladin, Ora, uses her greatsword as an improvised tool in attempting to remove the valuable ivory tusks of the slain elephant. In spite of the difficulty of the task, she manages to extract a good usable portion of ivory. The heavy chunk will be a burden to carry, but the party will not be over-encumbered.

Meanwhile, with the help of the barbarian Shamash, the ranger Tannyll slices the flesh of the animal removing the best parts of the meat and treating it so it doesn’t spoil too soon. With enough elephant steaks for another two days, the group of heroes is ready to get back on the road, in their quest for the star that fell from the skies.

The Elf Tannyll also manages to recover an arrow from the elephant’s flank. But the other arrow shot has broken when the creature fell down, becoming unusable. Still, he feels rather comfortable with 17 arrows in his quiver.

And so the journey continue. The party is now at a considerable distance from the safety of civilization and the further the group ventures forth, the rougher the roads get. Rocks, wood from fallen trees and tall grass begin to cover more and more of the road, which starts to resemble more of a trail than an actual road.

After travelling for approximately three hours, the party finds trouble once again!

The group sees a wounded Bugbear stumbling through the road. She appears to have been stripped of her armor and lacerated with spear attacks. When she notices you, she screams in the goblin language:

“More servants of the frog-demon??? Homera will die before she bows down to your lot!”
Tannyll and Mab speak goblinoid.

She holds her Morningstar in one hand and a strange leather pouch in the other.

The bugbear is hostile to the party, so initiative rolls are in order:

Homera initiative: [roll0]

battlemap! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPJGe50k4YtCodyeEICEyu-dWiNwkqPYSXQk0_FQO9A/edit#gid=0)

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

HP:6/13, AC:15
Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 4pm. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Lioslaith
2018-06-03, 02:28 PM
Tannyll stops where he is safely out of her reach and translates what she said for the others, "Apparently the foul thing has refused to serve some frog demon and has paid a price for it. She thinks we serve it as well and is ready to fight. Perhaps we could talk to her and see what information we can gain? I can offer her aid if we want?"

charlesrwest
2018-06-03, 03:09 PM
Eli nods at Tannyll. "I would be surprised if the demon is entirely unrelated to the red eye ape attack. It would be good to learn what is going on. It shouldn't be hard to show a group with two paladins aren't in league with a demon."

Feyblade
2018-06-03, 05:41 PM
Mab tilts her head , hearing Homera's words and frowning. She calls out, still quietly preparing in case of combat--

"What frog demon? "

[roll0]

Whit
2018-06-03, 06:31 PM
Chandra with shield in hand draws food with her unarmed hand to toss to the bugbear to show peace.

Mihatronix
2018-06-04, 04:06 AM
Shamash draws his sword to be ready, but put's it on his shoulder. He will try to intimidate bugbear to get some answers.
"Stop right there, what's going on here?!"

Initiative (1d20+2)[3]

Intimidation (1d20+3)[5]]

Caterpie
2018-06-04, 04:32 PM
The ranger Tannyll has many thoughts running through his mind at half a second.

He trained all his life to hunt down and kill monsters like these. He even learned to decipher their primitive language! Not to befriend the monsters, but to better hunt and understand their mid-combat gnarls at each other.

Bugbears are evil creatures by nature, and nasty ones at that. No matter what suffering this one just went through, it isn’t safe to trust her. Besides, they are natural ambushers. This could all be an elaborate ruse to trap the party into a deadly choke point somewhere down the road.

However, if the bugbear does have relevant information about a “frog-demon” in the forest, this could be invaluable information to the group.

And such is the conundrum that the elf must solve in a split second: From this distance, even behind 3/4 cover provided by that big log, Tannyll believes he can fire a clean quick arrow and get this over with. But the information the monster holds could be crucial for the success of the quest.

Lioslaith
2018-06-04, 04:56 PM
His decision made Tannyll knocks and arrow and readies it to fire. He calls to the bugbear in goblin, “We are not your enemies, we serve no frog demon. We seek the demon to end its life. Show us where it is so we can free your tribe.”

Caterpie
2018-06-04, 05:27 PM
The bugbear sneers at the ranger’s words:

“Lying won’t save your hide, elf!”

The monk, Mab, gently asks: “what frog demon?”

To which the bugbear replies: “Don’t try to fool me! You know very well who!”

ooc: It’s Mab’s turn!

battlemap! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPJGe50k4YtCodyeEICEyu-dWiNwkqPYSXQk0_FQO9A/edit#gid=0)

Initiative: Round 1!

Tannyll – 21 – already went
Mab – 16 – it’s her turn!
Homera, the Bugbear – 16
Chandra – 9
Eli – 5
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 4pm. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Feyblade
2018-06-04, 08:01 PM
Mab prepares to dodge just in case, but continues to speak. She's not very good at talking to people and she knows it. But she's willing to try.

"I really don't. We're just passing through. I've read about demons, but I've never met a frog demon in my life. I promise."

[roll0]

Caterpie
2018-06-04, 09:25 PM
Impolitely, the bugbear snarls at Mab:

“Ha! You think you can fool me? You look more infernal than the frog-demon!”

Homera, the Bugbear, reaches into her strange bag and throws a handful of sand in the air. The sand swirl in weird shapes forming [roll0] small goblin-looking, flying creatures that appear to be made out of dust, upon being created, they laugh in a high-pitch sound and rush towards the group of heroes!

Caterpie
2018-06-05, 08:35 AM
The two newly formed dust creatures clap their hands forming a cloud of dust surrounding the party!

The heroes start to feel drowsy, eye-lids getting heavy with a irresistable desire to take a nap... Some may recognize this as a terrible spell: sleep!

Sleep 1 - [roll0]
Sleep 2 - [roll1]

The paladin Chandra and the Monk Mab fall asleep with the sand creature spells.

ooc: It's Eli's turn! But Shamash and Ora can act out of order.

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Homera, the Bugbear – 16 – already went
Sandy – already went
Dusty – already went
Chandra – 9 – fast asleep
Eli – 5 – it’s his turn!
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
fast asleep
no

charlesrwest
2018-06-05, 09:24 AM
Eli dashes forward.

Eli moves to k11.

"Enough!" He closes his hand and whispers into it, then casts a brightly glowing orb above him. It explodes into an unbearably bright white light.

The party feel it wash over them but are unharmed. The dust creatures, however...

Damage: [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-06-05, 09:49 AM
The bright radiant light hurts the small flying dust-creatures! But they are still up and laughing in their annoying high-pitch voice!

ooc: It’s Shamash’s turn, but Ora can act too.

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Sandy – already went
Dusty – already went
Eli – 5 – already went
Shamash – 3 – it’s his turn!
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
fast asleep
no

darkmoonrise312
2018-06-05, 12:00 PM
Ora will rush full force toward the creature made of sand, roaring with the strength of her dragon ancestors and the force of her god’s thunder.

Ora will dash to I 11 and can I use the intimated roll from the IC?

Caterpie
2018-06-05, 01:30 PM
Ora’s mighty roar has a visible effect on the Bugbear! She trembles on her feet, but remains aggressive to the party.

Shamash’s own intimidation attempt is a lot less effective. Perhaps the barbarian is feeling shy near his noble dragonborn companion.

ooc: Shamash can still make a combat action.

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Sandy – already went
Dusty – already went
Eli – 5 – already went
Ora – 2 – already went

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
fast asleep
no

Lioslaith
2018-06-05, 01:41 PM
Tannyll decides enough is enough, Stupid goblinkin are all alike. as he moves forward and does his thing.

He will move to f16 and cast hunters mark before loosing an arrow at the bugbear’s face.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Mihatronix
2018-06-06, 03:06 AM
Shamas is suprised in how his roar intimidation atempt is so feeble. None the less, he dashes next to Ora to help her fight the creature.

Caterpie
2018-06-06, 05:44 AM
The barbarian Naruk Shamash rushes forward, ready to fight and help his allies!

ooc: It's Tannyll's turn!

Initiative: Round 2!

Tannyll – 21 – it’s his turn!
Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Homera, the Bugbear – 16
Sandy - 16
Dusty - 16
Eli – 5
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
fast asleep
no

Whit
2018-06-06, 03:20 PM
Chandra waits patiently. Still here just asleep. Oops thought it was oc

Caterpie
2018-06-07, 04:00 PM
The elf Tannyll shoots an arrow against one of the dust flying creatures!

[roll0], damage: [roll1]

Caterpie
2018-06-07, 04:23 PM
The precise shot makes the small flying creature explode in a puff of blinding dust! Luckly, no one was caught in the area.

The angry bugbear throws another handful of sand into the air, forming another [roll0] small dusty flying monsters! She then runs behind a tree seeking cover from Tannyll’s deadly arrows.

The small flying monster engaged in close combat with Shamash and Ora will attack the white dragon born with his sharp dark claws!

Claw attack: [roll1], damage: [roll2] slashing

Caterpie
2018-06-07, 04:36 PM
The claws dig into the left arm of the barbarian hero! It smirks, but this isn't what Shamash would consider damage.

The newly formed monster flies near the frontline heroes and blows a cloud of dust that rolls at them like a desert sand storm!

(Shamash and Ora must pass a DC 10 dexterity saving throw or be blinded for 1 minute)

ooc: It’s Eli’s turn! Shamash and Ora can declare actions as well.

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Sandy – 16 – already went
Smelly – 16 – already went
Eli – 5 – it’s his turn!
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

HP:24/27, AC:14
none
yes

Human Paladin
fast asleep
no

charlesrwest
2018-06-07, 08:33 PM
Eli runs to the two sleeping heroes. "End this before someone gets seriously hurt! We are no friend of demons!" Eli's aura flares with his words, glowing bright.

Burning a warning flare for a light show: Persuasion: [roll0]

He then kneels down and gently shakes Chandra awake (move k11).

charlesrwest
2018-06-07, 08:34 PM
Woops. K17

Caterpie
2018-06-07, 09:43 PM
The strange glowing man, Eli, makes his light glow brighter in an attempt to persuade the bugbear. But the language barrier makes it more difficult for the message to travel across and thus the enemy remains aggressive.

Eli runs back to where Chandra had fallen to the sleep spell and shakes her awake. The paladin regains consciousness a bit confused with that’s happening around her.

ooc: It’s Shamash’s turn! But Ora can declare her action as well.

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Sandy – 16 – already went
Chandra – 9 – slept through her turn
Eli – 5 – already went
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
prone
no

Mihatronix
2018-06-08, 06:59 AM
Shamash roars at the sand creature and attacks.

Dex saving throw:
(1d20+2)[21]
(1d20+2)[7]

Shamash will attack Sandy.
Attack: (1d20+6)[16]
Dmg roll: (2d6+4)[13]

If the attack kill's it, he will move to L7 toward Homera. If it still stands Shamash will stay where he is.

Caterpie
2018-06-08, 07:36 AM
The barbarian dragonborn is well accustomed to dirty tricks such as throwing sand in the opponents eye. His quick reflexes prevent him from being blinded.

Shamash’s attack with the greatsword pulverizes the small flying foe into an inanimate pile of dust!

ooc: It’s Ora’s turn!

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Chandra – 9 – slept through her turn
Eli – 5 – already went
Shamash – 3 – already went
Ora – 2 – It’s her turn!

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
prone
no

Whit
2018-06-08, 10:16 AM
Chandra groggily wakes from the enchanted slumber.

“A fool I was to offer aid to creatures known to be nothing but evil. Never again!”

Chandra gathers her tactical thoughts, ,making sure Weapon and shield is ready. She scans 5he battlefield to see what is needed and wil act.

darkmoonrise312
2018-06-08, 03:21 PM
Suddenly blinded by the stream of sand, Ora fumbles backwards a few paces, clawing at her stinging eyes. Now without her sight, Ora stands her ground, unwilling to risk attacking her friends. Still wanting to draw attention away from her allies, Ora roars with fierce ferocity, now addled with pain.

Ora will take the dodge action, considering she is blind.
Ora will attempt to intimidate again. [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-06-09, 07:38 AM
The flying dust monster laughs joyfully at Ora’s misery! He speaks something in a language none of you have ever heard.

ooc: it’s Tannyll’s turn!

Initiative: Round 3!

Tannyll – 21 – it’s his turn!
Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Homera, the Bugbear – 16
Smelly – 16
Chandra – 9
Eli – 5
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

[B]The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

Blinded, dodge
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
prone
no

Lioslaith
2018-06-09, 07:47 AM
This thing isn't going to listen to reason, they never do. Tannyll moves and takes another shot at the bugbear.

Moving to N15 and shooting
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

*Total of 15 damage

Caterpie
2018-06-09, 12:13 PM
With a deadly headshot, the ranger Tannyll kills the angry bugbear! Homera and her knowledge are gone.

The small flying creature made of dust, seeing the death of its master, curses the party in a language none of the heroes are familiar with and flies away, leaving a trail of dust through the sky.

Some heroes are never willing to let a monster escape! If you fall into that category, here are the details:

The monster used his “dash” action to flee.
If you are a melee type of character, you can use your own dash action to follow the creature, then we improvise a little chase scene.
If you have ranged attacks and want to kill the creature from afar, count your distance to the square H8 and add 60ft. If that’s within your range, roll to hit!
If none of the heroes want to follow the fleeing monster, combat is over!

ooc: it’s Chandra’s turn!

Mab – 16 – fast asleep
Chandra – 9 – It’s her turn!
Eli – 5
Shamash – 3
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

Blinded, dodge
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
fast asleep
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
prone
no

Whit
2018-06-09, 01:05 PM
Chandra judges the distance to the strange creature and sees it is to far for her javelin. She rushes to Mab shaking Mab up.

“Mab, Mab. Wake up! The danger is gone for now.”

Lioslaith
2018-06-09, 08:26 PM
Tannyll takes a random shot at the fleeing creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Feyblade
2018-06-10, 12:04 AM
Mab comes to conciousness, blinking away sleep as her gaze quickly finds the fallen form of Homera. She gets to her feet, moving to crouch by her corpse.

"...she was scared." Quietly. "Injured."

Lioslaith
2018-06-10, 06:33 AM
Tannyll walks over to Mab and puts a hand on her shoulder, "And she was about to kill us. Her death was quick and she gained more mercy than she has given." He glances over the corpse but leaves the searching of it to others, "At least she thought the frog demon was real. That is something."

charlesrwest
2018-06-10, 07:45 AM
"She was no threat to us. None of our party had been significantly injured and it seemed like she had started to reconsider. It was an opportunity lost and maybe even a friend who could have been made. Never the less, let's carry on."

Lioslaith
2018-06-10, 08:32 AM
"Her only hesitation was in the face of a superior foe, she would have betrayed us the first chance she got. Poldore surrender uma il- y' Mellon karna."

Forced surrender does not a friend make.

Tannyll pulls his arrow out of the bugbear and slings the gore off it. Gathering whatever ammo he still can he heads off down the trail once more.

Caterpie
2018-06-10, 09:59 AM
The paladin Chandra grabs a javelin to hurl at the fleeing dust monster, but quickly reconsiders.

She gazes at the scene, deep in thought, coming to grasps with all that’s happened. She runs to wake the monk Mab, but not before taking a long look at the dead bugbear, arrow sticking out of its skull.

What are bugbears, really? Had she ever seen one before this adventure? She asks herself if these goblinoids are always necessarily evil, or if they are just victims of their violent environment. She wonders if Homera had any ties with Bertha’s Hurrat clan of bugbears that the party faced the day before and what secrets she took with her to the grave.

Chandra has heard of some clerics who are able to extract information from dead bodies. Could the strange man Eli wield this power? But on second thought, that’s too grim of a method. Let the dead have their rest, by Torm’s will.

Meanwhile, Eli trade a few words with Tannyll. The human seems disappointed with the killing of this foe, but the elf remains adamant. Tannyll was raised to hunt and kill these evil humanoids. Perhaps the humans with their short life-spans are too naïve to understand how dangerous a goblinoid can be.

ooc: it’s Shamash’s and Ora’s turn!

Tannyll – 21 – non-combatant
Mab – 16 – non-combatant
Chandra – 9 non-combatant
Eli – 5 – non-combatant
Ora – 2

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

Blinded
no

Human Cleric of Light
looking non-demonic
yes

Tiefling Monk
prone
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

Mihatronix
2018-06-11, 03:28 AM
Shamash runs back to Ora "Are you ok my friend, can I help you?"

Then he talks (yells if needed to other so they can hear him) "Is everyone fine there?! What in the world was that thing talking about?!"

Lioslaith
2018-06-11, 10:00 AM
Tannyll shakes his head, "She refused to listen to anything we said. Other than what I translated she was referring to the same things over and over. Frog demons and assumed we were lying."

darkmoonrise312
2018-06-11, 10:50 AM
“Is anyone injured? Are the sand creatures gone?” Ora cries as she swings her sword erratically in her blindness. As she hears her friends start to talk, she will throw down her sword to wipe the grit from her eyes to see the dead bugbear. A shame, but not entirely unexpected.

Dex save [roll0]

Lioslaith
2018-06-11, 02:00 PM
"They are indeed gone, if no one was significantly hurt lets be off. Did anyone search her?" Tannyll remarks as he adjusts his gear to start walking again.

To keep from so many small posts, if no one searched her Tannyll will. [roll0]

Caterpie
2018-06-11, 04:09 PM
The white dragonborn, Shamash, disregards the fleeing monster and runs to aid the paladin Ora, waterskin in hand, ready to help the noble dragonborn regain her sight.

Fortunately, the sand blown by the monster offers no damage other than the small inconvenience. It was just a dirty trick to gain combat advantage.

With her sight recovered, Ora is disappointed to see the bugbear killed. She could have roared the enemy into surrender, if only she had a little more time.

The elf, Tannyll, attempts one last shot against the fleeing dust creature, but fails to hit the target.

Meanwhile, the petite tiefling monk, Mab, examines the corpse. On close inspection, the bugbear presents clear signs of turture. She wore no armor and carried only the Morningstar as a weapon.

And of course, there’s the mysterious brown bag from which Homera kept summoning dust monsters. Mab is the first hero to get close to it. It appears to be a magic item, but she isn’t sure. The ranger Tannyll comes near her and justifies himself for the killing. He removes the arrow from Homera’s skull, but the base of the projectile broke on impact, rendering this arrow useless.

Across the battlefield, Tannyll fails to find the other arrows he shot. The elf’s quiver is starting to get lighter, with only 14 arrows remaining.

What will the party do?

It’s 4pm. The sun will set at 6pm.
The party can still travel for another three hours before getting tired.

Whit
2018-06-11, 07:30 PM
“I suggest moving ahead, but if as you say this bugbear perhaps fled from a demon frog or even its own clan, would they not be hunting it?”

Mihatronix
2018-06-12, 03:10 AM
"Maybe we should keep moving while the sun is still there, and make camp as soon as it's get dark"

Caterpie
2018-06-12, 05:22 PM
After short deliberation, the group of adventurers decide to get back on the road.

On the minds of some of the heroes, a feeling of guilt lingers for the death of Homera. Others believe it was inevitable and that she posed a danger bigger than any information she could provide. But the party manages to set aside their differences and carry on.

The group travels in silence for another hour until they reach a large river, breaking the monotony of the grassy landscapes. From the south bank of the river, a poorly constructed wooden bridge leads to the other side.

The bridge has clearly seen better days. Many of the boards are loose, broken or outright missing and it seems on the brink of collapsing.

A lonely hippopotamus lazily swims close to the other side of the river.

This is the bridge and the river! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FCFLE7FQjYZY0Grkjuh-YzbxGNRnEvIye-H2zT8rWHQ/edit#gid=0)

What will the party do?

The Party!

Character
HP/AC
Race/Class
Special effects
Has Inspiration
Purse

Wood Elf Ranger
none
no

none
no

Human Cleric of Light
glowing all the time
yes

Tiefling Monk
none
no

none
yes

Human Paladin
none
no

It’s 5pm. Today is starsday, 7th of Baurut in the year 534 of the returning light.

Whit
2018-06-12, 07:13 PM
Chandra approaches the bridge inspecting it as she tries to remember about hippos.

Caterpie
2018-06-13, 07:05 AM
If unprovoked, hippopotamus are peaceful neutral creatures. It is wise to keep a fair distance, because occasionally they are territorial. In this particular case, the behaviour of the aquatic beast is entirely normal. It doesn’t seem aggressive, not bothered by the party’s presence.

The bridge is in really poor shape. The lighter members of the group (Mab and Tannyll) can safely cross it without a second thought. The barbarian Naruk Shamash may be able to cross it because he doesn’t wear armor.

But the party members with heavy armor on (Chandra, Eli and Ora) will be in risk of making the bridge collapse.

Lioslaith
2018-06-13, 08:47 AM
Tannyll makes a quick assessment of the bridge and then takes a step or two on it. "Does anyone else have another 50' of rope? We can tie them together and I will take one end across. If the bridge collapses with any of us we can retrieve them with the rope."

Assuming someone else steps up Tannyll will tie them together and go across the bridge, taking one end of the rope with him.

Mihatronix
2018-06-13, 10:08 AM
"I have rope my friend. You think it will work?"

Lioslaith
2018-06-13, 10:19 AM
As he ties the ends together Tannyll nods, "As long as the lighter ones go first we should be able to cross one at a time and get enough of us on the other side to haul in the heavier ones should they fall in. We need to make sure we stay on the upstream side of the bridge." With that he heads across.

Whit
2018-06-13, 01:51 PM
Chandra start doffing her armor.
“It would not be wise to cross wearing armor if we fall in. I’m packing mine til we get across”.

darkmoonrise312
2018-06-13, 03:48 PM
“whether you are wearing it or it’s in your pack, your armor weighs the same, and will drag you down the same.” Ora reminds her fellow Paladin. “I suggest those of us in armor tie the rope around ourselves before traversing, and only one such in the bridge at a time.”

Feyblade
2018-06-13, 04:20 PM
"If we spread the armour across our party members--it may make the load more even for everyone?" Mab peers at the bridge. "That being said--if one of us falls--we risk losing parts to the current."

She's fairly confident that she can get across herself though.