PDA

View Full Version : The Moonscar

CasualViking
2020-05-18, 03:10 AM
You find yourselves in majestic Highhelm once more, high up (and deep within) the Five Kings mountains. You are all in the city's Ledger of Valued Customers, and are accorded all hospitality even in the Inner City. Well-paved streets are neatly laid out in a grid. Storefronts and alehouses greet you on every corner.

You come to the house of your old friend Krogar Geltheim, the best weapons dealer in all of Avistan, to see if he has anything interesting in store for you, or maybe a lead on your next adventure. But his store is shut, even in the middle of the day, and heavy knocking on his door elicits no response.

Spore
2020-05-18, 04:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/7mKnurs.jpg
Aurika (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1771676)
Human Iomedae Paladin
AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni),

Aurika is a shining example for an Paladin of Iomedae. She is kind and sympathetic towards any and all who seek her help. But she is cold and frightening to anyone she deems a sinner in the eyes not of her, but her goddess.

For now however, her face is lit up with unease about the current situation. She worries about her friend. What in the blazes happened to Krogar? He would never shut his shop this early. Aurika says out loud in frustration. We should not overreact, let's ask the bystanders and guards first. Maybe he has a reason to close today. She eyes the towering blonde man next to her who could easily rip out the door. Rennik, if anything else fails, are you willing to open this for us? If it comes to dealing with the guards, I will talk them down

Diplomacy (gather information) [roll0]
I am aware this usually takes an hour, but maybe you can impose some sort of penalty or shorter timeframe because one would stop the search when they'd find the result. And I don't want my paladin's first act to be a breaking and entering of someone else's property.

Aurika looks predominantly for guards who could know anything about a crime or similar happening.

Lirya
2020-05-18, 06:12 AM
Sól is a traveling priestess of a small pantheon of gods involved with the domains of sun, stars, and life. The halo of light surrounding her identifying her as a spellcaster with ability in life and light. She has four tiny motes of light one currently circling around each of her ioun stones as a moon would circle around its planet.

Krogar Geltheim's shop being closed in the middle of the day was strange, but Aurika was right in that there was no reason to overreact just yet. It could be he had business elsewhere and had to close shop for today after all, though it would have to be investigated. Yes, while you ask bystanders and guards for information. I will have a look at the house from the outside to see if there are any signs of forced entry or a struggle. I don't remember how strict Krogar is with using lead or magic to ward his house from scrying, but if it comes to it I could have a look inside as well. Either way, we should definitely notify the guards before opening the door with force

Sól walks around the house studying any doors and windows and casually looking at the walls for signs of anything unusual, including traps to see if Krogar set up any special protection before leaving and signs of forced entry. She then sits down and closes her eyes next to the main door, meditating. Sun that lights our day, stars that guide our way. Enhance my sight and hearing As she opens her eyes, they are golden instead of their normal blue.

Sól makes a Perception check to study the outside of the house: [roll0]
She then sits down and meditates for a minute to use Ultravision, granting her a +14 circumstance bonus to Perception checks, and listens closely to see if she can hear any signs of life inside.
Perception check with Ultravision: [roll1]
The normal perception modifiers are +5 DC for closed door, +10 DC/foot of stone wall, and +1 DC/10 ft.

Foreshadow (1 SP, 14 hours duration, self): +2 Dodge to AC, +3 Initiative and Reflex Saves, Is not flat-footed before acting in combat.
Invigorate (4 SP, 18 hours duration, self, Rennik, Aurika, Daichi): 45 Temp HP.
Aegis (Deflection)(2 SP, 18 hours duration, self, Aurika): +4 Deflection bonus to AC.
Aegis (Armor)(1 SP, 18 hours duration, self): +6 Armor bonus to AC.
Aegis (Shield)(1 SP, 18 hours duration, self): +4 Shield bonus to AC.
Aegis (Spell Ward)(2 SP, 18 hours duration, self): SR 28

11 Spell Points used, 35 Spell Points left. I will edit in here any other buffs people want.

Edit: Sól keeps 4 glows (normal light) using intensity control to reduce them to points in space and has them circle around her ioun stones. They last for 190 minutes (3h 10 min), and cost 0 spell points so she renews them whenever they run out. Beyond simple fluff, they are there to counter anyone trying to surprise her with magical darkness and to scout areas of darkness (in which case she can move them 60 ft./round as a free action and increase their radius of light).

Bansheexero
2020-05-18, 07:30 AM
A rippling tower of muscle, towering over the various citizenry and, well, pretty much everyone else. His presence is both imposing and warm . . . literally, as he is shedding light, like a mini sun. Additionally, while he is already massive, his presence feels as if he is much, much bigger still.

Replying to Aurika, "Certainly, milady. While I am not as proficient in the subtler forms of persuasion, if needed, I can offer something more direct, but far less subtle. Still, I will leave the search to you."

Rennik is in his medium size form. While his Huge form is more natural for him, he will shrink to deal with people in a non-combative way (also, it makes doorways easier to navigate. Also, while he is medium, he is 7'1", so still quite large. My sheet has the Huge Size statistics fed into the dependent variables. His medium sized light load is 4,660 lbs, rather than his huge sized light load, which is 32,000 (or 16 tons). If I need to open the door forcibly, not sure if you'd need a strength roll or not, since his push/pull is much higher than that, at which point it becomes pressure vs structure (Mass-Frame transfer) rather than a matter of damage or impact strength.

Da'Shain
2020-05-18, 11:42 PM
The dapper gentlefox steps back from where he'd been tapping none too gently with the head of his cane on the shop's door. "No need for that, I'm sure," Daichi mutters to Rennik with a good-natured grimace, before turning to direct his words at Sol as well. "Just find a window or a keyhole or something for me and I'll be through in a jiff. Let's not break down any friends' doors, hey? Cut into a dwarf's profits, why don't you," he says, mock-elbowing Rennik in his ridiculously fit stomach.

Putting his words to action, he scans the outside of the familiar building for some way to get in, hoping to himself that Krogar had just used his extra profits on some soundproofing for his bedroom, and was obliviously snoring away inside. "And let me know if you see any mushrooms! Little bug-baits might have seen him pass out," he calls, murmuring the last part to himself, as he struts after Aurika to add his voice to hers.

Somehow I doubt Sol needs much help with her perception, so I'll just limit myself to rolling perception on whether there's a window or something that will let Daichi see inside and thus teleport in. Perception: Find Ingress [roll0]

He will aid another on Aurika's Gather Info check, and auto-succeed, adding +2 to her result.

He is prepared to either teleport or use Ghostwalk to get in, but long experience with the group has taught him to always let Sol check things out for traps or hazards first.

Daichi is currently in Hooded Killer's Stance (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/steel-serpent-maneuvers/#Hooded_Killer8217s_Stance), giving him +7 Stealth/Intimidate and +3d6 sneak attack.

Rennik: +2 inh Str, The Mighty (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/title-veils#toc11) (4 essence invested, bound to shoulders) - may enter pseudo-rage for up to 8 rds at a time, fatigued for same period after; during rage, -2 AC but attacks ignore hardness, and 1/round on hit, free action bull rush +8 that does 5d6+5 damage ignoring DR/hardness to both target and whatever object/creature it was bull rushed into.
Sól: +2 inh Wis, The Warlord (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/title-veils#toc23) (4 essence invested, unbound) - swift to designate target w/in 60 feet. Allies w/in 60 ft of target gain +4 to attack/damage rolls against it, and may move 25 feet as a free action on their turn, so long as it is towards the target.
Aurika: +2 inh Str, The Protector (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/title-veils#toc14) (4 essence, bound to wrists) - 1/rd as free action, move up to 30 ft to get adjacent to ally and divert a single target spell/attack to you instead. As an immediate action, increase your AC by 10 and your saves by 5 until the end of that turn.
Daichi: No bonus, The Ephemeral (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/title-veils#toc7) (unbound, no essence) - teleport 40 feet as move action (provokes AoOs), make stealth check; The Venemous (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/title-veils#toc21) (4 essence, bound to belt) - poison always coats his weapons, all poisons he uses have their DCs raised to at least 28 and ignore poison immunity. Currently set to Will save DC 28, instant onset, 1/rd for 6 rds, 4 Wis damage.

Lirya
2020-05-19, 12:58 AM
Daichi impressed her quite a bit. Sól usually found that few could escape her notice, but that gentlefox could sneak up on anyone. You are quite right Daichi, we shouldn't break down doors unless we have to. Though considering how Krogar's business has been booming lately I wouldn't be surprised if he has invested in some protection against entry through magical means such as teleportation.

Spore
2020-05-19, 05:10 AM
Aurika (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2199397)
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

Excuse me one moment, please? Aurika breaks away from asking a passerby about recent developments in the area, and also about Krogar, because honestly she would not have much luck asking random commoners about an arm's dealer.

Please Sól, Daichi. Keep his most private informations to himself. You would not like to stoop so low as to reveal his most vulnerable thoughts and items to the public. If there is an obvious sign to break this shop open, please do so Rennik. If in doubt, justice should not be hindered by petty laws. Also we can pay for any damages anyhow. She points at the sack of loot Rennik carried until here.

The knight then continues to talk to the commoner. Sorry for that. Well, even if you can't help us, you might be able to tell us where the next guard post is.

CasualViking
2020-05-19, 07:58 AM
Inside the house, all is quiet. Not even a heartbeat, breath or fresh sweat.

The windows are barred and shuttered, but looking through the slats is not hard. You can easily get a glimpse inside the workroom or the sitting room.

Da'Shain
2020-05-19, 05:17 PM
Daichi glances quizzically at Aurika. "Is this another of those westerner customs I keep missing?" he scoffs. "The Avistani will thank us for breaking their door down instead of unlocking it from the inside?". With a grin and a toss of his snout, he displays his assent despite his words, even as his form seems caught in an intense heat shimmer for a moment, before resolving into a haughty-looking, immaculately groomed fox. "Well," he says, his mouth making barking motions but his voice remaining unchanged from a moment ago, "let me see if I can sniff up some indication that will give us a reason for the breaking in, yes?".

He pads quietly around the outside of the shop, wrinkling his black nose at the normal musty scents of the cavernous city.

Daichi transforms himself into his fox shape to gain scent, and takes a sniff around Krogar's home to see if he smells anything out of place (i.e. other than smithing fumes or stale ale). Not trying to pick up a trail, so I don't think it's a Survival check, but I will roll that and Perception just in case.

Survival to scent out of place odors: [roll0]
Perception to scent out of place odors: [roll1]

Bansheexero
2020-05-19, 10:16 PM
"Just let me know when you are done the subtle route, breaking the door will not require much effort on my part, but if we can find a more elegant solution it might be best, as if he were taken, leaving the building and door intact may allow the abductor(s) to believe their actions have yet to be uncovered."

Rennik leans against the wall of the building as he waits.

CasualViking
2020-05-19, 11:31 PM
Daichi gets a whiff of mouldy bread and... stale ale.

Spore
2020-05-20, 03:08 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

These are dwarves. They don't necessarily follow normal logic. Destroying their handiwork is frowned upon and revealing buried secrets might as well be high treason but they would burn down their homes if it would somehow save their brother in need. Not that dwarven homes burn very easily.

Aurika tries to open the door, if it does not budge, she turns to Rennik and sighs. At least the Pathfinder Society has a sense for sublety. How we got so far without a dedicated lock and trap person is still a riddle to me. I assume we are just lucky to have you, Rennik.

Lirya
2020-05-20, 07:48 AM
The inside of the house is all quiet, no sign of any life such as a heartbeat or breathing.

Bansheexero
2020-05-20, 12:44 PM
Pressing his enormous palm against the door, "Give the word and we're in."

At medium size, Rennik can push/pull with 35 tons of force, that's more than three standard yellow school buses for reference (and that takes into account losing the +4 Str by reverting to medium). Not sure if you'd still want me to make a strength check or not, seems somewhat trivial given the mass distribution of the building. If push literally comes to shove, I can expend martial focus to add +14 to my strength check, but that seems excessive.

Spore
2020-05-22, 05:26 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Have patience my friend. Dwarves can be centuries old. They will just laugh at our impatience because we had to wait an hour or two.

CasualViking
2020-05-26, 02:33 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/74/de/f7/74def7d4db45451c848d47453f3f8d28.jpg

"Oh, Master Geltheim's is still closed? I noticed it was closed when I passed by a few days ago."

"As for the guards, I think the nearest one is over by the district gate"

Spore
2020-05-26, 03:10 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Bust the building open. Leave no stone unturned. Aurika simply says with a bit of worry in her voice. I will fetch a small division of guards. the Paladin says.

CasualViking
2020-05-28, 12:51 AM
The door has hardness 5, 30 hit points, can be broken down with a DC 25 Str check (taking 10 is fine), and the lock is DC 30.

The building is not warded against teleportation or planar travel.

A deep voice - your friend Krogar's - belts out from every direction, in Common: "STOP, INTRUDER! Leave, before you make some very powerful and persistent enemies!". Other than that, not a sound, and no signs of movement.

Looking around, you see no signs of a struggle. There are no plates or cups strewn about, but the pantry holds moldy bread, crusty drying cheese, and a quarter pitcher of very stale ale. The forge in his workshop is entirely cold. In his quarters, his wardrobe is somewhat bare.

Bansheexero
2020-05-28, 09:14 PM
Rennik, who is still resting his palm on the door, focuses for a second, and breaks it down, as the sound of the wood bending and snapping can clearly be heard as he does so.

You mentioned taking ten was an option. So, Rennik has a base of 31 Strength when not at full size, and expending martial focus adds +14 to the check. So, with those two alone, he could roll a 1 and still break through (as far as I know, ability checks, just like skill checks, have no critical hit or critical miss, so even if I did not take 10, unless I take some form of penalty, I can auto-break the door. Taking 10 would make it 34, which is well over the DC you mentioned. So he just pushes open the door rather effortlessly. If necessary, I have him spend a moment to regain Martial Focus after he does so (it does not require much, and we are outside of combat, so there should not be an issue..

Responding to Aurika, "As you wish, madame."

CasualViking
2020-05-29, 02:39 AM
A deep voice - your friend Krogar's - belts out from every direction, in Common: "STOP, INTRUDER! Leave, before you make some very powerful and persistent enemies!". Other than that, not a sound, and no signs of movement.

Looking around, you see no signs of a struggle. There are no plates or cups strewn about, but the pantry holds moldy bread, crusty drying cheese, and a quarter pitcher of very stale ale. The forge in his workshop is entirely cold. In his quarters, his wardrobe is somewhat bare.

Meanwhile, Aurika arrives at the gate. The neighbourhood borders the outer markets, and as such the gate is rather well-staffed.

Spore
2020-05-29, 08:29 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

I will need an officer to accompany me to Master Krogar's workshop. It is closed but we have reason to believe something extraordinairy happened to him. My companion is about to break the front door to check on him. If it was not an emergency, we will replace it of course.

With the dwarven guard in tow, Aurika returns to her friends moving inside the smithy. She returns just in time for the second warning. Do you assume this is some kind of security system? A magical voice thrown into the room? Has Krogar registered any magical security with the city council? I would hate to burn down the district because of one of those blasted fireball traps. She touches a facial scar on her right side, where a fireball hit her last year. Even with Sól's healing and protection she had a small fiery imprint on the face.

[/QUOTE]

Lirya
2020-05-29, 06:01 PM
The alarm would indicate Krogar locked this place up himself. Entering the house Sól starts looking around trying to get an idea of why and where Krogar has gone. A somewhat tidy house and an empty wardrobe would indicate that Krogar probably left on a journey some time ago. While the modly cheese and stale ale indicates that he probably expected to be back by now.

It looks to me like Krogar left on a planned journey, but has been delayed somewhat. I will go have a look to see if I can find any maps, books, or notes indicating where he planned to go. I guess we better start to tally up how much we owe him with a damaged door and triggered alarm system.

Continuing her search, Sól looks for any notes, maps, books, or other clues for where Krogar could have planned to go.

Perception check: [roll0]. If Sól finds any maps or other clues about a planned journey, then here is a Knowledge (geography):[roll1]

CasualViking
2020-05-30, 12:02 PM
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/015/449/260/large/sergio-artigas-ethiopian-dwarf-by-artigas-dcfdi41-fullview.jpg

"Oh, I see you went ahead already. ". The guard looks from the busted door to the party. "Writs of passage, please".

(those are documents you recevived when you entered the city.)

"Durn, take those names back to the gatehouse and make sure they are entered into the log, then come back here."

You suddeny notice a faint magical shimmer inside the house, near the sitting room couch but about head height. Nothing the dwarves did would seem to have caused it. It is a Scrying Sensor.

Bansheexero
2020-05-30, 01:55 PM
Rennick notices the guard, responding, "Certainly, I'll get right on that, when we finish a quick search, the door is now open and we do not want any ne'er do wells to use the opportunity to flee, now do we?"

Lirya
2020-05-30, 02:08 PM
Looking at the guard, then turning to look at the door, before looking back at the guard again Sól feels somewhat embarrassed. I guess we were somewhat impatient. She hands her writ of passage over.

Perception: [roll0]. Knowledge (arcana): [roll1]. It is not like Sól can fail these checks.

Noticing a slight difference in the reflections of her lights, Sól turns around and spots the scrying sensor. Looks like we got company. Hopefully that scrying sensor near the couch is Krogar wondering why we broke into his house. Studying the sensor for a moment Reveal Magic, Sól's eyes start to give off a faint blue glow.

Sól spends a spell point to use detect magic. Knowledge (arcana)[roll2]. She will spend the 3 rounds studying the scrying sensor to get as much information about it as possible.
Edit: Sól has 34/46 spell points left, and that was a lot of terrible rolls.

Spore
2020-05-30, 03:50 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Aurika felt mostly superfluous in situations like these, where judgment was uncertain and battle was far. She would never admit it, but at least a somewhat chaotic approach to problems was more her style.Thank you for assisting our investigation here. Of course we will recompensate you for the trouble and the repairs, as well as possible fines for trespassing. But please keep in mind, we want the best for our dear friend Krogar.

CasualViking
2020-05-30, 10:24 PM
The sensor appears to be locked to a location, not an individual, and the source is neighbourhood-local.

Magical examination also reveals several magical weapons in the workshop.

CasualViking
2020-05-30, 10:31 PM
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/015/449/260/large/sergio-artigas-ethiopian-dwarf-by-artigas-dcfdi41-fullview.jpg

"A stout oaken door, that might run as much as two hundred gold. I don't know much about alarm spells, so let's call it a thousand. You are all friends of Master Geltheim's, so you won't mind making sure he is fuly restituted, will you?".

The guards do a cursory search of the place. They too find no trace of foul play.

Lirya
2020-05-31, 06:59 AM
The scrying sensor seems to be from a short range effect that views a location, similar to how I can throw my vision. There doesn't seem to be many clues about where Krogar has gone here, so lets see if we can find the person keeping an eye on his house.

On her way outside Sól pulls a pouch filled with gemstones out of her handy haversack and tosses it towards one of the guards. Once out in the streets she scans the nearby houses for anything unusual while trying to focus on sounds of people commenting upon her party's actions in Krogar's house as well as sounds of verbal spell components.

Aurika, Rennick, I would rather we stick together to be on the safe side.

Pouch of gemstones tossed at the guard [roll0]x1 000 gp.
Perception check [roll1].

CasualViking
2020-06-02, 05:28 AM
With her incredible senses, the priestess hears a man's voice: "Well. It seems they spotted my little spell. I guess I might as well go say hello, then".

Lirya
2020-06-02, 09:44 AM
Sounds like the person behind the scrying sensor is on his way over here to greet us. I assume you will take care of the talking as usual Aurika?

Sól continues keeping her eyes and ears open in case some other unusual thing catches her attention, as well as to confirm that the person who spoke is indeed coming over to greet them.

CasualViking
2020-06-03, 01:10 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/45/85/6c/45856cfcb79dc15238cb96850f7243e0.jpg

A well dressed human saunters down the street towards you. As it becomes clkear that you have spotted him, he gives a little wave.

He seems unfamiliar with his own stride length and his decorative walking stick, and his stand-off distance when he stops is a little longer than you would expect.
"You are friends of Krogar Geltheim's, yes? Then we have that in common. Can we talk inside, rather than out here?". He gestures around the street, where curious passers-by have slowed down to get a good look.

Spore
2020-06-03, 08:07 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Certainly. After you have introduced yourself. Aurika says. Many people know Master Geltheim. After you. she adds, prompting the sudden suspicious addition to the scene to go inside. She keeps close.

Once inside, she finishes with: These are Daichi Merriment, Sól and Rennik, the Lion. My name is Aurika Galca. You do realize your sudden appearance is more than suspicious, right? Are you his confidant for issues pertaining his shop? You certainly know of Rennik's link to Master Geltheim then.

The Iomedean enforcer crosses her arms awaiting a thorough explanation, interposing herself between the new arrival and the exit.

CasualViking
2020-06-03, 02:30 PM

"Varsalka. I am a business partner of Krogar's. And, I would like to think, a friend. We talked every week. So I was worried when he missed our meeting five days ago. And I have been watching his residence ever since."

Bansheexero
2020-06-03, 10:22 PM
Eyeing the man, Rennik steps into the house and begins to shed radiance, as a means of possibly revealing anything magically hidden.

Rennik spends 2 spell points, one to cause his Glory to shine brightly, and the other one to cause said light to reveal any invisible people or objects within range. His Glory talent and any light effect that is applied to it get full caster level. His Bright Light has a 65 ft radius.

Spore
2020-06-03, 10:43 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

In a calm, cold and slightly threatening voice Aurika asks: So you leaned back and did nothing for five days? Do you know how much can happen in five days? Aurika's demeanor is sober and calculating. She eyes Rennik starting to glow. Knowing his innate abilities, she takes the hint and pierces the veil to see Varsalka's very soul. She watches him intently. What are his goals? Does he speak true?

Detect Evil
Sense Motive [roll0]

CasualViking
2020-06-04, 12:07 AM

[B]"My dear lady. I do fear for Krogar's safety. But nothing has been stolen, and by the terms of our arrangement, that leaves my hands rather tied". Varsalka briefly shields his eyes from the brigt light before adapting.

"You seem trustworthy. Are you in fact, in the matter of recovering dear Krogar, as trustworthy as you seem?". He gazes intently at each of you with unflinching light brown eyes.

Spore
2020-06-04, 12:36 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

May Imoedae smite me down where I stand when we do not keep our word of aiding our dear friend Krogar. Aurika responds, touching the hilt of her blade in a ceremonial fashion. Our group's methods might be unorthodox, but we are trustworthy.

Lirya
2020-06-04, 02:58 PM
Noticing how Varsalka seemed somewhat unfamiliar with his own body while still very good at seeming normal makes Sól think of shapechangers, though possession or illusions could cause similar results. In fact it reminded her somewhat of a demon her party had encountered during a foray into the Worldwound. The creature had been both polymorphed and most likely under a spell that fooled divinations, fooling her attempt at detecting its alignment. His scrying sensor from earlier did indicate some level of magic ability, using magic to hide his identity certainly wouldn't be out of question.

Varsalka's way of speaking was also ambiguous, a bit like a fey sworn to say no word that isn't true while making pointless statements to misdirect the listener. Maybe she was reading too much into it, Varsalka could just be a legitimate business man conscious about protecting his own privacy. Regular dealings with Krogar could indicate he had enough wealth for excessive privacy to be a sensible way to keep all manner of villains from causing trouble. Then again, from the look of it Aurika and Rennik were also a bit on edge. Perhaps she should attempt to dispel Varsalka, and maybe try to detect where his loyalties lie? Though these options would be somewhat rude. A proper handshake was always a polite but surprisingly effective way of detecting illusionists, at least the less skilled ones. Either way, it would have to wait until after he told them whatever he had on his mind and Aurika was done with him.

Sól succeeds DC 40 Perception on a 1, and she continues to keep an eye on him.

Sól would like to try to get a hunch of Varsalka after studying him for a minute as per Sense Motive (http://legacy.aonprd.com/coreRulebook/skills/senseMotive.html#sense-motive), it is a DC 20 so she would succeed on a natural 1.

A Sense Motive check in case Varsalka tries to deceive the party: [roll0].

Bansheexero
2020-06-04, 10:15 PM
With his glow shining brightly, Rennik does a quick sweep of the house, his aura of Glory revealing anything made invisible.

I should have made this roll on my last post, but forgot. Anyway, Perception roll is [roll0]. This is a 65 ft emanation centered on Rennik, so unless he lives in an opulent mansion, it should fill the house, if not more. He will do the paces through the building's rooms. Not quite as good as the Divination Sphere ability to detect that which is intentionally hidden (invisible or otherwise), but still has some use.

CasualViking
2020-06-05, 12:04 AM

Varsalka nods at Aurika's promise.

"Very well. I have not, in fact, been idle. I have been trying to scry on him every day. I saw him on a ship several times, and then at the Hound's Blood, an inn in the city of Skelt. The day after that, I saw him on a boat going upriver".

"He traveled in the company of a beautiful dwarven woman with braided, jet-black hair. I have been asking around, and it seems like she was seen with Krogar the day before he left Highhelm, but no-one had ever seen her before. And they would remember. At no point in my scrying did I ever see her sleeping, and I detected a strong chaotic aura about her."

CasualViking
2020-06-05, 12:29 AM

"But when I last managed to scry Krogar, he and his companion were in a jungle. And there are no jungles anywhere upriver of Skelt. I would assume someone or something upriver from Skelt teleported them there. If the black-haired woman had been capable of doing it on her own, there would have been no reason for the sea travel."

The man hesitates slightly before "jungle", as if to add an adjective but deciding not to.

Spore
2020-06-05, 03:18 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Chaotic Aura? Aurika has a sort of surprised and concerned look on her face. Many shapeshifters are chaotic, starting from with some azata, going through beings of primal chaos down towards demons. There are worldly shapechangers as well, but they do not pick up as strong auras unless they are divine servants of chaos, which is another problem in and of itself.

Aurika pauses to reflect. I am unsure but I don't think Krogar was a wizard powerful enough to teleport that far and precisely. And creatures like that cannot share their teleportation powers with anyone. There must be something linking us to Krogar's whereabouts in Skelt. We should leave posthaste.

Lirya
2020-06-06, 02:11 PM
Stepping nest to Aurika, Sól pulls out a fan to conceal her mouth as she whispers to Aurika. I am pretty sure Varsalka isn't using their natural form, the way they walk is slightly off compared to how a human would. My guess is they are a shapechanger or using magic to polymorph, but they could be using illusions or something else. They definitely have some magic ability considering they can scry.

Bansheexero
2020-06-11, 12:36 AM
After his quick sweep of the house, Rennik steps outside. His glow dims, but does not disappear. He towers over his companions and Varsalka, resting his axe on his shoulder, but while intentionally menacing, it is subdued,as if Varsalka is beneath him, both figuratively and literally, giving an air of dismissal in any challenge or threat the man would pose. "What have I missed? Any leads on Krogar? Or has this man wasted your time?"

Spore
2020-06-11, 05:57 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

He saw Krogar through some divinations. He was in Skelt a few days ago, it is there were we should start our search. Speaking of which, would you know of any teleportation circles or powerful wizards that could bring us to Skelt immediately? she asks Varsalka and the others.

Lirya
2020-06-11, 01:44 PM
Seeing as her companions were leaving and didn't seem interested in questioning Varsalka much further, Sól figured it was probably the paranoia developed from too many people with fake requests giving bad information that was getting the better of her. Gently fanning herself, Sól answers Aurika If there was a teleportation circle from here to Skelt, then my guess is Krogar would have known about it. As for a wizard capable of teleporting us all the way there, they would most likely have to be familiar with our destination as well. I would probably visit the Forge of Torag as the heads of Torag's church would surely know of any wizards capable of teleporting us who usually reside here in Highhelm.

CasualViking
2020-06-12, 04:50 AM
As expected, there is no permanent gateway of any kind to Skelt or anywhere near it. The high priest of Abadar offers to teleport the party to Skelt for a small donation of 600 gp. Neither the church of Torag nor Abadar know of any resident wizard offering that service.

Spore
2020-06-16, 07:18 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Aurika urges the group to pay up and try to get to Skelt immediately. This behaviour is very unusual for Krogar. We need to act fast.

Bansheexero
2020-06-16, 08:19 AM
Rennik hands the gold to Aurika in order to pay his part of the fee for teleportation to Skelt. "I agree, we need to act quickly and decisively. If we must pay for teleportation, then let's do that."

From what was said about the fee being 600 gp, it seemed to indicate it was a total for the party. So, I paid 150 gp, as their are 4 of us. If more is needed for my part of the cost, then I will pay more.

CasualViking
2020-06-18, 02:12 PM
*BAMF*

Skelt is not a particularly large or sophisticated city. It is mostly a waystation for lumber and ore, and a provincial military hub.

Asking around, you soon find news og Krogar Geltheim's whereabouts. He took a riverboat up to the Growling Skald, a nearby mountain ridge that has suddenly, 2 months ago, become volcanically active. And he is not the only one. In the last two months, at least a dozen travellers have passed through Skelt and hired transportation up the the Growling Skald. Each of them was accompanied by a woman, each more beautiful than the others.

You make your preparations, and then make your way up river. The boar deposits you on the lower slope of a volcanic mountain. From here, you don't see any easy way up to the caldera. The stench or burning and rotten eggs hangs heavy in the air.https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/160190/assets/828352/Nirmathas_Map.JPG?1518381182

Spore
2020-06-19, 05:03 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni), Overland Flight (Fly +8, 8h)

Aurika stares up at the smoking volcano, and then at Sól. Uhm, let me try something. she says as she activates her armor's magical ability. Two transparent wings sprout from her back, almost like two elegant shawls of white thin silk. The paladin grabs the priest, and rising her about the tree line, flying closer to the volcano.

Can you make something out, Sól?

Fly check (+4 from good maneuverability, +4 from caster level of the Celestial Shield) [roll0] not doing any fancy maneuvers, just checking how clumsy or elegant I am.

Lirya
2020-06-19, 02:34 PM
Trusting the paladin to carry her, Sól studies the mountain ridge taking note of where smoke is emitted from the volcanic rock as well as the wind direction and steepness of the volcanic scree, gullies, cliffs, and other terrain features to determine sensible paths for climbing the mountain. In wilderness like this wandering monsters could show up, and with the recent volcanic activity being alert in case of a sudden eruption of ash and volcanic rock would be sensible. Desna guide my eyes, so I may see the path Krogar and the others have traveled.

Paying a spell point to activate Ultravision because why not, and making a geography check and a survival check in case that is relevant to learn something useful such as about volcanic hazards or following any tracks we find.
Perception: [roll0]
Knowledge(Geography): [roll1]
Survival: [roll2]

CasualViking
2020-06-20, 12:41 AM
As you clear the tree-line, but not (yet?) the edge of the caldera, Sol can make out a few interesting things.

There are giant-sized footprints leading up the mountainside, and a few fresh scratches where picks have been used to assist in climbing. Closer to the river bank, claw prints and shredded vegetation reveal that huge flying creatures have been landing and taking off.

The wind carries a faint trace of voices singing a rhytmic song in Giant. Off in the distance, perhaps an hour's walk away, she spots both a small, concealed fortress and a cave clearly holding some sort of large predatory beast.

Spore
2020-06-20, 02:12 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni), Overland Flight (Fly +8, 8h)

The Iomedaen knight touches down with Sól again, unlike other times surprisingly elegantly. So what could you make out, seer? she asks. Sól had pointed into the general direction of the fortress, and pointed towards huge claw marks all over the place. Don't tell me it is dragons AGAIN.

Lirya
2020-06-20, 03:31 AM
There are also the giant sized footprints and faint singing, my guess is they are singing in giant. Giants and dragons don't explain the beautiful women leading explorers into this newly awakened volcanic mountain, but they might have some clues about what is going on as long as we are sufficiently persuasive. Looking over at Rennik and considering the likelihood of giants and dragons being hostile. If we need to do some climbing and want to save our limited flight options, then you can carry us as normal Rennik? Also if you accept, then let me bless your sword arms with the light of Iomedae as we approach the fortress or cave in case we run into trouble while questioning our likely giants and dragon.

Sól will pay 4 spell points to cast Encompassing Light (CL 19th) on Rennik and Aurika once they are near the fortress/cave or if they are about to run into a group of giants or other hostile creatures. This increases your effective size category for damage dice and reach by 2 steps for 190 minutes (3h 10 min). This should make the paladin's Holy Avenger a 3d6 weapon with 15 ft. reach, while Rhitta in Giant-sized Rennik's hands should become an 8d8 weapon with 25 ft. reach.

Edit: Current spell points after buffing Rennik and Aurika is 29/46.

Spore
2020-06-20, 04:25 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Encompassing Light (+2 size steps, 15 ft. reach, 190min) Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni), Overland Flight (Fly +2, 5h)

The magic of my armor has already been activated. But I would appreciate it if you kept up with me. Rennik. Sól, Daichi.

Giants are ancient creatures, as are fey, and other natural creatures. I assume the women that brought them here were shapeshifters. Doppelgangers, or worse. Aurika gladly accepts the blessing. You truly are surprising, being blessed by so many various gods. The forces of Good really take a liking in you.

Aurika flies ahead, guiding them towards the fortress Sól pointed out.

Bansheexero
2020-06-20, 07:55 PM
Rennik takes Sol's words to heart, "If you wish, milady. Regarding effort on my part, it is but a trifle. However, you may wish to secure some method of supporting you all unless you all are going to rest in my hand. Perhaps a tarp or harnesses of some sort. Climbing with one hand can be quite annoying, and I doubt you want me to throw you up there. Would you prefer I unleash my full form now, or should I wait? Giants can be crafty at times, depending upon their culture."

Lirya
2020-06-21, 01:32 AM
I have plenty of rope so it shouldn't be difficult to make a harness, and it would only be for any cliffs we have to traverse. Either way we should head towards the fortress first then. Sól starts walking towards the fortress, following the paladin's lead.

CasualViking
2020-06-22, 02:30 AM
As Aurika flies over the woods, a hidden sentry toots a horn. As she flies over the camp, about two dozen men and women are throwing down their tools, getting out of the tents, waking up, and all grabbing their bows and crossbows.
https://i.redd.it/2u6til273f111.jpg

Spore
2020-06-22, 07:49 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Encompassing Light (+2 size steps, 15 ft. reach, 190min) Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni), Overland Flight (Fly +2, 5h)

Stay your weapons. My name is Aurika Galca, honorary knight commander of the Knights of Ozem and devout of Iomedae. I mean you no harm. Aurika shouts before slowly descending in front of the camp.

CasualViking
2020-06-23, 05:36 PM
A few of the men fire arrows at Aurika, to no great effect. But soon, cooler heads prevail, weapons are lowered, and a grizzled, fully armored man steps forth and shouts: "What do you want with us, stranger?"

Spore
2020-06-23, 06:04 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Blocking part of the arrows, and deflecting the others with the glowing shield of Sól, Aurika goes into the camp with her shield held aloft, but unarmed. We seek men and women coming from Kvelt. All are accompanied by strange but beautiful women, led here and then vanished. Can you assist?

Aurika looks around the place, her gaze piercing everyone of the creatures and the area themselves, unveiling evil in the vicinity.

Using Detect Evil on the villagers.

CasualViking
2020-06-24, 03:08 PM
There is faint evil here; the leader. You have not yet scanned the entire area.

"Well do ya see any beautiful women here?", one of the younger men shouts, eliciting whoops of laughter and shouted threats from the women of the camp.

"We have an understanding with the women from the mountain", the leader shouts in a clear, carrying voice. "We don't bother them. They don't bother us."

Spore
2020-06-25, 12:34 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Aurika understood the insult full well, but what mattered was that her conviction stood firm and her sword arm cut down evil. Noticing the leader, she advances towards him. And if you tell us how to get to them, we will not bother you. If your refuse to cooperate, we will force you. Aurika holds up her sword arm beckoning the others to come closer, so maybe their united presence was enough to force them to understand.

Intimidate [roll0] +2 to +6 from the others helping

Lirya
2020-06-25, 01:18 PM
Stepping into the clearing in front of the camp, Sól adjusts the brightness of the light encompassing the paladin. Making the light brighter and more intense while bending it around certain areas for dramatic effect, she hoped it would be enough to convince the people to cooperate.

Intensity Control means Sól can adjust the radius of the bright light of any of her lights (in this case Encompassing Light cast on Aurika) to be anything from a point in space and up to 85 ft. radius. She can also bend the light around up to 10 5-foot cubes causing them to be unaffected by the light.

I guess I should roll an Intimidate to Aid Another: [roll0]

I should also point out that Witchmarked means it is a DC 6 Knowledge Arcana (meaning it can be made untrained) to learn my MSB (14), CL (14 with Divination and Fate, 18 with Life and Protection, 19 with Light), and my spheres.

CasualViking
2020-06-25, 01:46 PM
"I will take you at your word, stranger", the leader of the men says. He turns left and right to meet the eyes of some of the others. No great skill is required to recognize the bluster.

"They go up into the top of the volcano on their great flying beasts. The boat arrives, two people diembark, the boat goes back downriver. They go into the woods. Soon after, a great flying beast, big enough to carry off a horse and rider, comes up from the volcano and lands in the forest, carrying them up into the volcano."

"We never see them leave".

Spore
2020-06-25, 02:42 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Oh and another thing. Stand back, my friends. Aurika draws her blade, plunging it into the ground. Blade of the Inheritor, fragment of Brightsword, banish concealing magics in this area. The blade emits a cleansing light, ripping off any magic in the vicinity.

Holy Avenger's area dispel[roll0]

Bansheexero
2020-06-25, 07:55 PM
As Rennik follows, he sheds his smaller form, becoming larger and larger with each step. He focuses his efforts on catching up to Aurika

Rennik offers to carry Sol and Daichi, telling them to hold on. I am not sure If I should go climb, Acrobatics or both.

Curious about using Muscular Surge and Acrobatics to jump. If I am larger, would this modify the effect multiplicatively? In 3.0/3.5 Jump was a separate skill and was modified by Strength. Would I be able to do the same?

The way Muscular Surge upgrades through Giant and Titan, it seems more of the intent to use Strength for it. If I can feasibly clear the mountain by jumping (being Huge Size, I am 28' tall, so not sure if that affects climb as well, since my arms and legs are able to cover larger distances with my limbs)

Either way, using Climb or Acrobatics if necessary, and expending martial focus to add +14 to Acrobatics to jump for 7 rounds if I go that route (Muscular Surge). For Solo and Daichi, if I can clear it jumping, I will simply hold them in my open palm, as they should be able to stand on it and each grab a finger. If not, they will have to hold on some other way.

As for skill checks, here are a few to cover all bases.

Acrobatics checks to jump (if allowed to use Strength instead of Dex, add +14 (compensating for the Dex drop) to the results, use as many as needed)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Climb checks (use as many as needed, and note that if using official rules, rolling a natural 1 is not an automatic failure for skill checks)
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

As he reaches visual range, he will slow. Given how large and heavy he is, he figures they will hear and feel him approach, so he does not try to conceal himself for their sake. As Aurika delivers her speech to the crowd, he waits for her to finish, then speaking from above (allowing Sol and Daichi to step out of his grasp). He bellows, echoing throughout the region, "Fear not citizens, milady and my other two comrades are favored by the light. We shall approach and deal with your neighboring giants, so as to remove them as even a potential threat. You will have no more lost women. We will put a definitive stop to that."

CasualViking
2020-06-27, 10:55 PM
The people of the camp seem rattled by the display of power. But none of them change their seeming as magic is ripped away in a wave.

Spore
2020-06-28, 05:44 AM
Human Iomedae Paladin

Thank you for the support. We will take our leave. May Iomedae guide your path. she says, picking up Sól and flying up the volcano. Try to keep up, Rennik.

CasualViking
2020-06-30, 05:10 AM
As Aurika and Sól fly over the caldera, the heat washes over them. This volcano is very much alive.

Inside the caldera, on a ledge circling the molten, incandescent heart of the mountain, five large, bearded humanoids kneel and sift through the lava with their bare hands, occasionally pulling out small globules and dumping them on the rock to cool off. They are singing what seems to be a work cadence, one sining point and the other four rumbling the counterpoint.

On the western side of the volcano, the mountain is rent asunder in a long crack, and more lava is visible, but also some sort of construction suspended over it.

Bansheexero
2020-06-30, 07:52 AM
Rennik eyes Aurika flying off with the mage, wondering how he might keep pace.

So, can I jump further than I could at Medium Size? Would it convert to a Strength check rather than being a Dex-based under Acrobatics. The Jump skill in 3.5 was a Strength skill, with Tumble and Balance being Dex. Muscular Surge > Giant > Titan seems like it should be Strength based, given that it is called "Muscular." Otherwise, I would essentially only be able to jump maybe a foot off of the ground, which at Huge size is like a millimeter. Would their be some form of multiplier? Aside from that, would speed increase? None of these are found within the Size Change trait, so not sure if I simply become unable to move that much. Proportionately, a 5 ft person can move 30 ft in a round. So six times its height, but the most commonly listed speed boost for Large size would be 40 ft. Given that each size category is a doubling that would be 4 times the creatures height. It seems that it might either stay at 40 ft, or increase to 60 ft, as that would be 3 times base height of 20 (or almost 3 times Rennik's height of 28'4"). Otherwise, in terms of body lengths, I'd move at a pace that makes the continental drift look blazingly fast by comparison. Is there any consistent way you want to address speed and/or jumping? I kind of need to know in order to determine how to proceed with my actions

Rennik readies his leg muscles to leap, ensuring that the raja is secured to his body. He then takes to his massive leaps to follow his flying compatriots.

So, I have no idea how to roll this, since like I said, I need a judgment on the matter. The modifier for the jump will either be +22 or +34 and I am still not sure if there are any multipliers for the check result (x4 seems apt, considering the size change). If my speed increases, then that also adds a bit (I believe it is +4 per 10 ft faster than 30 ft, so potentially another +12) So these will be his dice rolls without any modifier (don't know which value you are using. His leaping boost is 7 rounds, so I will make 7 rolls)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Lirya
2020-07-01, 01:37 PM
Even while flying, carried by the Paladin, Sól found the heat from the mountain below to be uncomfortable. I guess those creatures below must be fire giants? With the heat washing over us up here, I could ask for a blessing so that flames will refuse to touch our skin, and for the lethal burns of dragons-fire or being submerged in molten rock to be somewhat diminished. I am a bit worried I have been using my magic too frivolously today, healing can be quite taxing if we end up with a lot of combat later. Same with counterspelling if we have to deal with hostile mages.

Sól can cast Energy Resistance (Aegis):Fire on any party member who wants it, granting Resist 28 Fire for 18 hours for 1 sp/target who requires the Aegis. Assuming all four of us want it, Sól will have 25/46 spell points left.

Spore
2020-07-01, 04:13 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin

I am afraid we need your skills. We are apparently dealing with enchanters, so just keep close and Imoedae's resolve will protect our minds. Aurika shouts over the flying. She looks for a footing where she can place Sól, bringing Daichi back up, hoping Rennik has enough time to catch up.

CasualViking
2020-07-04, 01:21 PM
Rennik lopes up the side of the mountain. As he finds his footing on the rim, the giants down below focus their attention on him. "Who are you?", the lead singer shouts out in Giantish.

Bansheexero
2020-07-05, 11:53 AM
Rennik, not understanding Giant, replies in Dwarven, "I don't understand what you are saying."

CasualViking
2020-07-06, 03:10 PM
The giants don't seem to appreciate Rennik's intrusion and intransigence.

One of them shouts at the others. The remaining four rise and throw rocks at Rennik.

#1 (no attacks)
#2 Nat20 [roll0]+[roll1]+[roll2]. Confirm roll AC 24 for +28 damage.
#3 AC 29 [roll3]+[roll4]+[roll5]
#4 Nat20 [roll6]+[roll7]+[roll8]. Confirm roll AC 28 for +31 damage
#5 AC 29 [roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]

Sorry, no map yet. [insert excuse], i'll do it tomorrow evening. From where you clear the crater wall, it's about 70' of rock and 10' of lave to the nearet giant.

The party is on turn to act.

Lirya
2020-07-06, 06:06 PM
A sixth sense telling the priestess her companion was in danger was all that gave her the edge needed to get her spell ready in time Rennik, watch out!. Turning her attention back at the giants, something had to be done to make them incapable of repeating such a barrage. Most divine light of the sunflower, weaken evil's resolve until they can fight no more. Hopefully that would reduce their ability to fight somewhat, making it easier for the paladin to deal with them.

Due to Foreshadow Sól is not flat-footed before acting in combat and will use Invigorate as an Immediate Action to give Rennik 45 extra temp hp in between the rocks (say after the first 3) hitting him. She then uses Irradiance at the giants, with however big area is required to catch all of them (up to 85 ft. radius), removing 5-ft. squares to avoid harming allies if need be. Additionally any evil creatures who begin their turn or enter her glow suffer the effects of her Seraphic Glow.
Irradiance: Nauseated (1 round), Fort DC 29 negates. Creatures that succeed the save are still Sickened for 1 round. (targets everyone within the bright light at the end of Sól's turn)
Seraphic Glow: Shaken (10 rounds), Will DC 29 negates. Evil creatures only. Bypasses immunity to fear or mind-affecting effects. Creatures who save are immune to Seraphic Glow for 24 hours. (targets evil creatures who start their turn within the glow, or enter the glow)

Invigorate (1 SP), Irradiance (2 SP; 190 min duration).
Current Spell Points: 23/46

Spore
2020-07-06, 09:49 PM
Human Iomedae Paladin
AC: 31 HP: 115/151 Delayed Damage: 42/42
Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Encompassing Light (+2 size steps, 15 ft. reach, 190min) , Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni), Overland Flight (Fly +2, 5h), Energy Resistance (Aegis) (28 fire resist, 18h), Charge (-2 AC, +2 attack, Smite Evil (+5 attack, +14 damage), Power Attack (-4 atk, +8 damage), Iomedae's Inspiring Sword (+2 atk/saves/skills)

Seeing the rock fly slowly towards Rennik, Aurika knows to act. Rennik being too big to dodge, her seraphic wings glow a powerful white as she charges to his position, holding her shield aloft and charging up a shimmering white energy shield around the titan. Energy crackles as she grimaces the pain away.

With that, her gaze focusses the first giant. By the light of the inheritor, your life is forfeit. she says as she charges the first giant, her blade ablaze with divine flame, elongated by Sól's magic.

Hold your horses, Aurika can help too.

Immediate:
Defend Other

When an ally within your threatened area is the target of an attack roll, you may spend an immediate action to grant them a competence bonus to their armor class equal to 1/2 your base attack bonus (rounded down, minimum +1) against that attack. If this attack would still hit, you may choose to take the damage in your ally’s place.

If you possess the (patrol) package, when using this talent you may move to put the ally within your reach (with the normal limits for moving as part of your patrol) as part of activating this talent.

Basically add +7 AC, with the Protector Veil and the patrol movement Aurika is adjacent to Rennik. She takes the second crit (which turned into a hit) and the hit after that, filling up her Delayed Damage pool (42 hp) and reducing her to 102 hit points (I choose to not use the Protector Veil now as it needs to be declared before attacks).
Swift:
Smite Evil on the first giant.
Move: Charge through the air 40 ft. Fly check if needed[roll0]
Standard: Attack: [roll1]+33
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3], all assuming the giants are indeed evil
[roll4]+33
Damage: [roll5]
Rider effects
free Intimidate via Cornugon Smash: [roll6], DC HD+Wis mod or shaken (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/conditions/#TOC-Shaken).
Damage dealt reduced delayed damage pool.
Iomedae's Inspiring Sword: +2 to attack, saves, skill checks

CasualViking
2020-07-07, 01:34 AM
The giants moan and shield their eyes against Sol' light. Giants 2 and 5 are Nauseated, all are Shaken.

Aurika charges a giant and draws a spray of blood with her light-blade.Giant #5; It is not down yet.

Your foxy friend Daichi gestures vaguely at Rennik and heals him for 60 points. Another gesture, and a beam of sunlight hits Aurika, then veers off to burn giant #2.

There is a map now! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NpPsgwB7ZOZaOLFACylFwuEI18-1xkGw83nafOMrEhM/edit?usp=sharing) (each square is 10')

attack [roll0], damage [roll1], will save vs poison [roll2]

Bansheexero
2020-07-08, 08:51 PM
Surprised and exhilarated by the might his current does present, Rennik steels himself to face them more directly. He leaps down from the wall towards the giant Aurika is engaging, with his light of Glory surrounding him as he drops looking like the mane of a lion. He attempts to land beside where she would be were she on the ground. Invoking the power of the Stormbringer, he lands with a deafening thunderclap, bringing his sword, golden as if kissed by the sun itself down upon the giant nearest to him.

Ok, a lot of this may be off, since some of the rules are written oddly and don't address stuff. Both Size Change and Encompassing Light do stack, making me Colossal+, but I am unsure if Encompassing Light truly increases size category or adds "virtual size category" instead (mainly granting improved weapon size and strength without the attack and AC penalty, like making a person superdense, but not increasing actual size).

Anywho, he activates Unbreakable for DR 14/- (I forgot in this form he has DR 4/evil at all times) and uses passive buff from Muscular Surge (+7 to jumping) to leap off of the crater wall to land by where Aurika is flying above. I am not sure how well he can reach that point as I do not know how it will affect the angle of descent. The Stormbringer grants immunity to falling damage, which is nice, but also adds an AoE of 1d6 sonic damage per 10 ft fallen (I am assuming at minimum it is a 20 ft burst, since I don't know if Daichi invested any essence into it). It does not risk harming allies from what I have seen. I am sort of acting like this is a charge attack. If Encompassing Light truly alters size category rather than doing so virtually, I gain 4 Strengths, but take a -2 penalty to hit, netting a zero modifier. If virtual, then I get a net of +2 to hit. I will present rolls using the least beneficial just in case. If Rennik hits, he spends 2 spell points to heal using Taste of Victory (unless I crit or dropping the target below 0 HP, at which point it is free, and does not trigger draining casting either). You are using 10 ft squares, I noticed. Without Encompassing Light, I have a 15 ft reach, not sure if this improves further, but I will assume it does not. At the very least, it allows me to strike the giant while staying out of the lava.

So, first, Acrobatics check to leap down from the wall [roll0]
Then Sonic damage in a minimum 20 ft radius based on falling distance (add another 10 ft per 10 ft fallen if Daichi invested essence, increasing the potential maximum range by 20 ft per essence invested) and dealing 1d6 per 10 ft fallen (I have no idea how far I fall, but I'll roll 10 dice separately, so you can figure out how much to use). The DC is 24 (assuming it is based on my own stats, if not, then use Daichi as a base I guess).
Sonic Damage
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

And for the charge attack using power attack [roll11]
Confirm (x3)? [roll12]
Damage 55 (rolled in OoC, had a syntax error) slashing and [roll13] fire damage (which I assume they are immune to, but rolled for the sake of posterity).
If Crit, add [roll14] damage.

If I hit, I spend 2 spell points to heal [roll15] damage, but take 2 nonlethal. Critting or dropping the enemy below 0 removes the spell points and nonlethal damage cost.

CasualViking
2020-07-09, 03:15 AM
Rennik jumps down and lands hards, sending a shower of basalt shards to pepper the fire giants, before opening up another wound on him with his light-axe.

The giant is reeling, but not down yet.

The chanting giant lets out a few impressive bellows. Two of the giants (#2, #5) put some effort into answering him with shouts of their own.
#3 moves closer, and throws another rock at Rennick [roll0], [roll1]+[roll2]
#4 moves closer, and throws another rock at Sôl [roll3], [roll4]+[roll5]

Lirya
2020-07-09, 05:41 AM
Sól (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1988798)
Human Incanter
AC 32; HP 121/121; Temp HP 8
Spell Points 23/46; Invisible (Disappearance 13/14 rounds left)

Seeing her friends leap into the fray, Sól adjusts her light so it continues disrupting the giants while not touching her friends. Bending light around herself, she disappears from sight as she sends the small glows normally circling her ioun stones out in different directions. Judging the distance to her friends to be just out of reach to properly support them Sól braves jumping/sliding down the steep slope while blessing Rennik's inner vitality to help him survive.

I placed the glow with Irradiance on the map, it currently has about 65 ft. radius (I think this should touch all the giants) removing a few 5-ft. squares if needed to avoid Aurika and Rennik. All the giants can attempt their DC 29 Fortitude save to avoid being Nauseated for 1 round, a successful save meaning they are sickened instead. All of them seem to be shaken. (moving and adjusting glows are free actions).

As a swift action, Sól uses her Disappearance feature to become invisible as greater invisibility.
As a move action Sól attempts to slide down the steep slope, it doesn't really matter if she lands prone or not, Acrobatics [roll0].
With all the damage, healing, and interrupts I am unclear on how much HP Rennik currently has, but the giants still seem to prioritize him. So as a standard action Sól uses Invigorate on Rennik to grant him 45 temporary hit points to a maximum of his max hp.

Bansheexero
2020-07-12, 02:32 PM
Rennik, in his lust for battle, hacks away repeatedly with his gilded, burning axe. As he does so, his glow intensifies,searing away the nearby landscape.

Rennik takes a swift action to brighten his glow from Glory (10 ft radius, so mainly affect giants who step in to melee) and activates Searing Light and Searing Brilliance (14 fire and 14 untyped damage per round), which automatically ignores allies. I believe that is not dependent upon concentration, but if it is, I'll burn the spell point and take 2 nonlethal. Also, activating Berserking which adds 17 Temp HP on top of Sol's buff, but my AC dips by -2.

Power attacks vs nearest giant

Attack 1 roll [roll0]
Crit (x3)? [roll1]
Damage [roll2] slashing and [roll3] fire
If crit add [roll4] slashing damage

Attack 2 roll [roll5]
Crit (x3)? [roll6]
Damage [roll7] slashing and [roll8] fire
If crit add [roll9] slashing damage

Attack 3 roll [roll10]
Crit (x3)? [roll11]
Damage [roll12] slashing and [roll13] fire
If crit add [roll14] slashing damage

If there is a way for me to wait and see if my opponent drops before I use taste of glory, I will hold until I deliver a deathblow. If not, I will burn the 2 spell points to use Taste of Victory to heal [roll15] and take 4 nonlethal. If the target drops, I also gain another 17 temp HP from Sanguine Invigoration

CasualViking
2020-07-13, 01:11 AM
Rennick's first blow staves in the ribcage of the wounded giant, and it sinks slowly into the lave. He hacks away at the second giant in reach, drawing blood but not taking the fight out of her.

BananaPhone
2020-07-13, 02:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/SkL5GBD.jpg Myoko Tanaka

Elevated as she was atop the back of her pet, Myoko watched the encounter unfolding. One of the giants had already gone down, but the damage they had inflicted on Rennick was truly astounding, having almost brought he titanic man low on more than one occasion as deep gashes were sundered across his body and only barely stitched back up again by the magics of the Kitsune. If they could inflict that much punishment on him, how long with the others last if he fell?

Knowing she had to interfere, Myoko tapped her spurs gently against the feathered, muscular side of Shokaku, a "Hyah!" from her mouth mixing into the wind as a prompt for the winged beast to surge forward, wings out-stretched.

For several long moments before impact, Myoko drew her polearm, Midnight, up across herself to strike at one of the giants while she guided Shokaku with her knee's. Such was the speed of the descending dive-bomb, the wind clawed at her eyes and caused her hair to flurry about the open-face of the helmet that was strapped to her head.

But Myoko didn't care. She was grinning wildly and cackled madly the whole way down as she brought the blade of her polearm about in a glittering arch aimed at the giants throat.

"Ah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah!!"

ooc:

AC this round: 35 (32 base + 5 Stance - 2 Charge)
Stance: Scarlet Duelists Attitude (+5 AC and Initiative)
Maneuvers Readied: Ruby Zenith Strike, Adamantine Knuckle, Ruby Battle Lord’s Strike, Red Zephyr’s Fleetness, Sanguine Barrier, Steel Flurry Strike, Flowing River, Sanguine Perseverance

Initiative: [roll0]

Free Action: Ride (Guide Mount with Knees): [roll1] vs DC 5

Full-round Action: Charge Fire Giant 2
Martial Charge: (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/feats/martial-charge-combat/) Allows the use of a standard-action Maneuver during a Charge.

Charge Attack: Ruby Zenith Strike: (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/Scarlet-Throne-maneuvers/#TOC-Ruby-Zenith-Strike) (Use Sense Motive in place of normal attack roll, adding weapon properties/enhancements, if successful attack deals triple damage) and Power Attack (-4 to hit for +8 damage): [roll2]

Damage: [roll3] x3 = 69 damage.

Adding Spirited Charge (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/spirited-charge-combat/) on top; doubles damage on a charge when doing so mounted: 69 x 2 = 138 damage.

As per OOC, Spirited Charge probably can't get added to a Martial Charge; so her damage is (23+35)*3 = 174 damage.

Then using Ride-by Attack (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/ride-by-attack-combat/) to continue 80 feet in a straight line behind the Fire Giant.

Kaouse
2020-07-14, 07:47 AM
Jin walks around the fire giants, calmly observing them from the top of the volcano's calvera. The soft, non-descript tunes of what can only be described as elevator music can be heard as he strums the chords of his lute. Despite making no attempt to hide himself, he appears to be completely unnoticed. Getting a bit distracted from his own playing, he closes his eyes for a few seconds, hitting the next riff in the stanza perfectly.

When he next opens his eyes, he's surrounded by chaos. The fire giants have been attacked by what appears to be some sort of Colossus with a golden flowing mane. After a second of confusion while Jin takes this all in, his eyes widen with the sudden realization that he knows these people. Yes, these are other members of his guild, people who he's traveled with before. If they're here, then it can only mean that they too, must have heard of Krogar's disappearance.

Well, things just got a whole lot more interesting.

"Come now, get some pep in your step! Surely you won't allow them to have the last laugh, will you?," Jin says as he changes the tune of his song and lyrics. Rather than non-attentive background music, this battle deserved a much more upbeat, retributive tone. He weaved his magic through his words and his lute, infusing those who heard him with energy. Now, everyone could see and hear him. Just the way he liked it.

With that, he charged forward into combat, compelling those around him to do the same.

Jin was protected by a Dispersion cloud effect, DC 31. Failure of this will save prevents anyone from realizing that he's in the area, or that he doesn't belong.

When he joins in on the fight, Jin will start by creating a Totem of Doom attached to himself (30 ft range) as a move action.
From there, he will use the Position rally in combination with Mass rally to grant everyone within 30 ft the ability to move 25 feet. This consumes his immediate/swift action.
He will use another move action to further move towards the giants, ending up behind the Paladin.

CasualViking
2020-07-15, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant #3 turns his attention on Myoko, and hurls a rock at her: [roll0], [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3].

Fire giant #1 lets out an ear-piercing shout that reverberates through the crater. Then, like a gar breaching the surface of water, Fire giant #5, shattered rib cage and all, emerges and flings a glob of lava at Rennick. [roll4], [roll5].

The last of the giants, #4, recoils in pain from the light and accomplishes nothing.

Party is on turn.

Lirya
2020-07-15, 01:24 PM
Human Incanter
AC 32; HP 121/121; Temp HP 8
Spell Points 21/44;
Active Buffs: Foreshadow, Armored Magic x2, Deflection, Spell Ward, Energy Resistance (Fire), Invigorate
Bright Glows: Irradiance (190 minutes), Searing Light (Concentration)

Allowing light to start reflecting off her body once more, Sól appears in view as she concentrates on creating a new glow overlapping with her irradiance. May this holy light burn the wicked.. Sól bends her lights around Myoko and the Griffon to prevent it from harming them, while burning the giants. Myoko, try to take down the giant standing in the middle of the lava shouting orders.

Sól stops using Disappearance as a free action.
She then creates a new bright light using Searing Light (Standard Action, 0 Spell Points) with the same point of origin and radius as her Irradiance (65 ft. radius from IR at the moment; Removing up to 10 5-foot cubes to make sure none of her allies are in the area), dealing 19 untyped damage (and 19 fire damage) to each of the fire giants (double this damage against Undead, Oozes, and creatures vulnerable to sunlight).
Each giant has to make a DC 28 Fortitude save to avoid being Nauseated for 1 round, on a successful save they are instead sickened.

Bansheexero
2020-07-15, 03:07 PM
With the assistance of the Jin, Rennik repositions himself and brings his axe upon the skull of another giant, burning with the heat of the sun.

Not that I see it being relevant, but Searing Light/Brilliance is still in effect, so if you he giant wishes to step into reach for him to hit Rennik in melee, he will be subject to 14 untyped damage.

Activates Berserking - temp HP (other than the 45 Sol granted me) was removed when my turn started, so I continue with -2 to AC and renews 17 temp HP

Power Attacks against nearest giant

Attack 1 roll
Crit (x3)? [roll1]
Damage [roll2] slashing and [roll3] fire
If crit add [roll4] slashing damage

Attack 2 roll [roll5]
Crit (x3)? [roll6]
Damage [roll7] slashing and [roll8] fire
If crit add [roll9] slashing damage

Attack 1 roll [roll10]
Crit (x3)? [roll11]
Damage [roll12] slashing and [roll13] fire
If crit add [roll14] slashing damage

On first hit, uses Taste of Victory to heal for [roll15]. Spending 2 Spell points and take 2 nonlethal damage, unless Crit or Kill, then it is free. Also, if he kills, he gains 15 temp HP until his next turn

BananaPhone
2020-07-16, 01:02 AM

A crimson geyser splattered into the air from the bloody stump that used to feature a giants head - the splash of humors and gore covering the closest half of Myoko's body as she flew off on Shokku, laughing hysterically at having just decapitated the giant, its massive body tumbling down into the firey, molten lake of lava from whence it game - the things massive head spinning several times in the air before landing heavily upon land and rolling away.

"My fury burns hotter!" Myoko yelled to the corpse, her voice alive with the exhilaration of violence and combat.

Her proclamation was met with a challenge as one of the Fire Giants reached into the magma pool, withdrew a fiery boulder and hurled it in Myoko's direction. Twisting in her saddle and streamlining her body saw the rock sail past her in a blazing arc, its warmth helping to coagulate some of the gore that was already splattered over the airborne warrior.

"Myoko, try to take down the giant standing in the middle of the lava shouting orders."

Even up here, Myoko could hear the request.

Guiding Shokaku with her knee's, she brought her mount about and directed him towards the Fire Giant in the centre of the pool, her trajectory bringing her within striking distance and placing the Giant between herself and the one that had thrown a rock at her - granting her a good degree of cover against further ranged attacks.

"Death to the enemy!!"

AC this round: 37 (32 base + 5 Stance)
Maneuvers Readied: Ruby Zenith Strike, Adamantine Knuckle, Ruby Battle Lord’s Strike, Red Zephyr’s Fleetness, Sanguine Barrier, Steel Flurry Strike, Flowing River, Sanguine Perseverance

Free Action: Ride (Guide Mount with Knees): [roll0] vs DC 5

Move Action: Moving within 10ft striking distance of Fire Giant #1, the one that is shouting about and giving orders. Myoko is moving to U18/V18 (whichever is within 10 feet reach) to put the giant between herself and any future ranged attacks from the Giants comrades.

Attack Action: Steel Flurry Strike: (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/broken-blade-maneuvers/#TOC-Steel-Flurry-Strike) and -3 for Power Attack (+6 damage)
Attack 1: [roll1], Damage [roll2] plus bonus [roll3] < Crit
Attack 2: [roll4], Damage [roll5] plus bonus [roll6] < Crit
Attack 3: [roll7], Damage [roll8] plus bonus [roll9]

In case of crits:
Attack 1: [roll10], Damage [roll11] < I think this confirms Crit.
Attack 2: [roll12], Damage [roll13]
Attack 3: [roll14], Damage [roll15]

Total Damage: 102 (assuming that 29 is a confirmed crit)

Free Action: Myoko is then applying "Amigirs Mark (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/Warder/#TOC-Armiger-s-Mark-Ex-)" on the Fire Giant, incurring a -6 penalty on its attack rolls if it tries to attack anything except her.

Immediate Action: Myoko is activating Extended Defense (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/Warder/#TOC-Extended-Defense-Ex-) for Sanguine Barrier: Until her next round, if anyone attacks her they have to beat [roll16] on their attack roll, otherwise it's negated.

CasualViking
2020-07-17, 11:45 PM
Rennick's first axe blow fells giant #4. He then turns to giant #5, the one he already killed once, and hacks through the opened ribcage, bisecing it it with two fell blows.

Myoko assaults the leader of the giants, getting in two good blows.

The leader shouts a few more things in Giantish. All the giants put up their hands, palms out, as if to surrender.

At the first shout, fire giant #4 returns to consciousness, and is faking unconsciousness.

CasualViking
2020-07-18, 04:28 AM
Gunzar, you lazy coward! YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO DIE! Get up!

Everyone, put your hands up. We are losing this fight.

Lirya
2020-07-18, 03:53 PM
Seeing the signs of the giants surrendering, Sól allows one of her bright lights fade out while she shrinks the other into a tiny sphere. Do any of you understand what the giants are saying? If they no longer want to fight us, then perhaps they could show us where the 'beautiful women' have led Krogar Geltheim and the other travelers?

While keeping an eye on the giants, Sól then starts inspecting and treating any wounds her companions might have suffered during the fight.

Sól stops concentrating on Searing Light, letting it fade away.
She shrinks Irradiance to a point in space (keeping it close to the giants so she can unleash it upon them at a moments notice.

BananaPhone
2020-07-18, 11:59 PM

Myoko grinned as her blows opened deep, wide red gashes across the body of the Giant Leader, her weapon spinning about around her head to deliver another set of blows - but then they surrendered.

It took considerable restraint for Myoko to stay her hand. After all - why trust the giants? They were at the disadvantage now, but once they had reclaimed it, they'd just try and attack them again, she was sure of it. It's what she'd do. It was better to kill them now to remove all doubt.

But...her companions seemed to go along with it, for now.

And thus, Myoko's glittering weapon halted mid-swing, its impossibly sharp, gore-drenched blade coming within a foot of digging into the leaders throat.

With Shokakku only managing to hover in place, Myoko poked at the Giant Leader with her polearm.

"Onto land!" she barked, directing the Giant and his companions to move onto the land where they would be out of their element - the lava.

"Drop weapons over there!" she gestured to a part of the land that would be well out of the Giant's reach if they "reconsidered" their surrender.

CasualViking
2020-07-19, 03:42 AM
The giants trudgle out of the lave, pausing at the edge to wipe it off and break off a few crusts. They place their weapons in a pile and step away.

BananaPhone
2020-07-19, 07:29 AM

As he Giants shuffle forward and discard their weapons, Myoko spurs her mount to fly down in order to join the rest of the party.

Unlike her curt and stand-offish, perhaps even bloodthirsty and maniacal persona to the giants, when addressing her companions, Myoko's smile is bright and warm. Her large, brown eyes sit atop a beaming smile as her dyed red hair frames her pleasing face.

"Brothers and sisters. Look upon the foe that we have bested!" she said quietly among them with a gentle accent, out of ear-shot of the Giants, "we shall be remembered in the Book of Honour."

CasualViking
2020-07-19, 11:42 PM
The lead giant speaks up, addressing Rennick. "I suppose you have come for the tiny beautiful women? They are our friends and allies, and we are honor bound to defend them, but not unto death. The portal is in the rend on the sunset side of this mountain, and our leader has set up his forge there".

Kaouse
2020-07-20, 04:38 PM
Stepping into the spotlight, Jin will address the giant leader in their own language and dialect.

"Sorry for all of that, it appears as though there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. The others lack a giant's tounge, so allow me to be your mouthpiece. We are not after your women. Rather, we are after some information. A dear friend of ours has gone missing, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could aid us in finding him."

Jin will bow to the giant leader as he speaks, in an attempt for Diplomacy.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

NOTE: Jin can change a creature's attitude by 3 levels, instead of 2

Jin will also translate everything said by either party, allowing everyone to know what's going on.

CasualViking
2020-07-21, 02:39 AM
"If your dear friend is a tiny like yourself, and your search has led you here, then it's almost certain that the beautiful tinies have taken him through the portal like the others". He waits for the translation before continuing. "Would you like me to go and negotiate passage for you with our leader?"

Kaouse
2020-07-21, 05:46 AM
"Portal, you say? Now we're getting somewhere. By all means, I and my compatriots would greatly appreciate an audience with your leader," Jin states, beaming from ear to ear.

"That said, could you tell us more about these 'beautiful tiny' people who might be involved? Who are they, and what exactly is their goal? I gather this isn't their first kidnapping..." Jin trails off, with a more serious tone.

Are the Giants talking about Elves?

CasualViking
2020-07-22, 02:07 PM
The war chanter continues in giantish: "Once the mountain came to life, we travelled here. On our second night here, the portal opened, like water flowing into a pool, and two women, small ones like you, came through. They had wings and cute itty bitty horns. It almost turned into a fight, until we realized that they were friends and allies. Now, ever so often, one of them comes through the portal, or returns with a guest to go through the portal. They are friendly enough, and don't interfere in our business, and we don't interfere in theirs."

Bansheexero
2020-07-24, 11:48 PM
Rennik, a bit annoyed that they attacked him when he could not understand their words speaks, having Jin translate. "So, you just allowed these winged trollops to abduct people. They sound like demons, possibly seductresses. I doubt those they took seemed content in some fashion of the word, but you did not find that strange?

CasualViking
2020-07-25, 05:39 AM
The war chanter shrugs. "They are not my people. So, it seems that you want to come and meet our leader yourselves? This way, then". With that, he sets off for the western rim of the crater and begins ascending.

Bansheexero
2020-07-25, 08:14 PM
Annoyed at the giant for shifting the blame, Rennik looks to his fellow teammates to see if they wish to follow.

BananaPhone
2020-07-27, 11:27 PM

Receiving no reply from her compatriots, Myoko shrugged with a happy smile on her face.

Without thinking anything of it, he tall woman dismounted Shokaku and uttered something to him in her own language which informed him to Stay.

Finding a big cloth (say from the giants clothes), leaves or handfuls of grass, she took to wiping the gore from her armor and cleaning her polearm. Satisfied that she had eschewed her appearance to its normally glorious image, Myoko saddled back up onto Shokaku and set herself to follow the others in a gentle canter.

CasualViking
2020-07-29, 07:59 AM
Following the War Chanter, you follow him across the edge of the crater, up on the shoulder of the volcano. It takes a while, and Myoko easily catches up. It's a challenging climb, but not for Rennick.

Across the mountain's shoulder, a wide crack opens up. The air shimmers with heat. The clang of hammer and anvil is the only sound around. Your prisoner calls out: "Hey. We are back. We were attacked at the crater and taken prisoner. They want to talk with Hammersong, about the small pretties and the portal".

You see a thick rope attached to a rocky outcropping, snaking down into the rift. It is tied into knots for easy climbing, but the knots are uncomfortably far apart.

CasualViking
2020-08-03, 06:27 AM
As you peer over the edge of the cliff, you see a rift about 60 feet deep, run through with magma. Suspended over the magma in a bridge of what looks like worked stone, of great craftsmanship. In the middle of the bridge is a huge loop. Arrayed across the bridge is 8 more fire giants. One of them, presumable Hammersong, is working a large anvil. He rests his hammer and yells up at you: "What do you want here?"

Bansheexero
2020-08-03, 11:13 AM
Rennik speaks in a loud, thunderous voice, "We are here for the people that have been abducted by what sounds like a succubus. Lead us to where this demon resides, so that we may end these terrible events."

BananaPhone
2020-08-04, 09:47 AM

Myoko narrowed her eyes at the gathering. In total, there were 11 or so Fire Giants, and she didn't like being this close to that many pyres of molten magma and muscle - especially after just dispatching their comrades.

But, more likely, their exhibition of strength cautioned the current tall-folk before them. Why continue fighting if they risked losing more of their kind? It's not as if Giants propagated at a particularly rapid rate, so each one lost was an irreplaceable asset.

Staying quiet and allowing Rennik to speak, Myoko sat in her saddle a guarded and alert woman, ready to spring into action should the Giants prove treacherous.

Lirya
2020-08-04, 09:59 AM
While casually keeping an eye on the surroundings to make sure they don't get ambushed, Sól considers the information they gained from the fire giants so far, asking Rennik for help with more difficult pitches of climbing. Considering what the War Chanter said earlier about how they realized the 'pretty women' were their friends, there was a real possibility of Hammersong being charmed.

With the barrage of rocks thrown by the War Chanter and his 4 Fire Giants earlier, this Hammersong backed up by 7 fire giants as well as the War Chanter would make it somewhat dangerous if hostilities commenced. Studying Hammersong Sól tries to determine if he is still influenced by mind magic.

Sense Motive: [roll0]. The DC is normally 25 to sense if a creature's behavior is influenced by an enchantment effect (mind sphere, or 15 if the creature is dominated. It generally takes 1 minute to gain information with Sense Motive.

Perception: [roll1] (+7 vs. Invisible/Incorporeal). Just casually keeping an eye out to make sure we are not ambushed.

Climb: [roll2]. Yes, I will be asking Rennik for help with more difficult pitches.

CasualViking
2020-08-05, 03:02 AM
"Why don't you just piss off? This has nothing to do with you"

After a bit of persuasion, Hammersong backs down. "Alright, alright. The portal down here opens at night. If you will leave my kin behind to their freedom, I will grant you safe passage through the portal and back".

CasualViking
2020-08-06, 07:38 AM
"That night, our intrepid heroes made their way down into the Giant's rift. The large, rune-engraved stone circle was filled with a sheen of magic shimmering like water, and they all went through it".

As you step through, the fabric of the portal clings to you like cold, wet seaweed, and then lets go as you finish your step, silently snapping back to the surface of the portal behind you.

The scents of rot and sickly-sweet flowers assault your noses. You find yourselves in a lush, discolored jungle, and the sounds that permeate the air have a hollow, wet tone. Majestic trees rise from the twisted ground like strange arms, their almost fleshy trunks covered in sinister vining nettles
and flowers unlike anything you have seen before.

New map link (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AkLST6Ylg9pYV3C_qN9NS-fqxdoRXW_rtrYvGfnBTmg/edit?usp=sharing)

But you are not alone. Above you, within easy bowshot range, you see three huge, misshapen carrion birds circle lazily. As they see you, they give out ear-piercing screeches. Astride each carrion bird is a beautiful woman, marred by big leathery wings and small fiendish horns, and each carrying a bow.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/shantak-91fceee4-51e6-450b-b3cb-371f08fba55-resize-750.jpeg

Roll for initiative!

This is a Shantak, a magical beast said to live in the Dark Tapestry between the stars. As such, it is immune to cold, thirst and starvation. And so is it's rider, if the beast wishes it so. It fight like a brutish beast, with no special attacks beyond the obvious.

This is a Succubus Demon, known to beguile and tempt men and women.

Demons are chaotic evil outsiders that call the Abyss their home.
Traits: Demons possess a particular suite of traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry) as summarized here.
Immunity to electricity and poison.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
Summon (Sp) Demons share the ability to summon others of their kind, typically another of their type or a small number of less powerful demons.
Telepathy.
Except where otherwise noted, demons speak Abyssal, Celestial, and Draconic.
A demon’s natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, is treated as chaotic and evil for the purpose of resolving damage reduction.
It can shapeshift, bestow a Profane Gift, and drain Energy with a kiss or caress. It has an at-will Charm ability and a limited Compulsion ability, as well as a few other spell-like abilities around the theme of bending mortals to her will and draining their lives.

CasualViking
2020-08-06, 08:37 AM
You feel extremely light on your feet, like running around on a meadow in dreams. But you also feel an oppressive sense of cut-throat hostility, and take -2 to all Int- Wis and Cha-based checks for not being evil, with another -2 if you are not Chaotic.

Bansheexero
2020-08-06, 10:42 PM
Rennik, still at full size, holds Rhitta, his axe, at the ready. He poises himself so that he is ready to attack whenever one of the creatures flies close enough to him.

Initiate check [roll0]

*Note - Rennik is a little over 28 ft tall, and his reach sans Encompassing Light is 15 ft, so that would be roughly 43 ft, so, I suspect I would round down to 40 ft. I mention this because if they are flying around at that height, I can hit them

Lirya
2020-08-10, 12:39 AM
Human Incanter
AC 32 (34 vs. evil); HP 121/121; Temp HP 8
Spell Points 19/44; Initiative 29; Invisible
Active Buffs: Foreshadow, Armored Magic x2, Deflection, Spell Ward, Energy Resistance (Fire), Invigorate, Hallow (14 minutes), Disappearance (12 rounds left)
Bright Glows: Irradiance (190 minutes), Searing Light (Concentration)

Feeling oppressed as though her kind is not allowed here, Sól struggles with wrapping her mind around what the flying creatures and beautiful women actually are. But she can clearly see their hostile intentions. May the Inheritor grant us strength and courage to resist temptations and strike down evil. With the sacred energy steadying her somewhat, the Priestess bends light around herself and disappears from sight as one of her glows shoots up towards the carrion birds and fiendish women.

Casts Hallow (good) on self + Rennik, Myoko, Jin, and Shōkaku (2 SP) granting a +2 Sacred bonus to attack rolls, AC, and saving throws made against evil creatures. This also grants immunity to any spell or sphere effect that possess or exercise mental control over us, as long as the effect originates from an evil creature.

Activate Disappearance (12/14 rounds left) for greater invisibility on self.

Direct the glow with Irradiance 60 ft. towards the carrion birds/fiendish women increasing the radius to approximately 60 ft. (as big as possible while not harming allies) and removing up to 10 5-foot cubes to avoid harming Rennik/other allies in the area. Each creature within the bright light must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be Nauseated (sickened on a successful save). Evil creatures that start their turn in the glow or enter it must make a DC 28 Will save or be Shaken (even if normally immune to fear or mind-affecting, remember any sickened creatures will have a penalty to this save).

Creature #1: [roll0]
Creature #2: [roll1]
Creature #3: [roll2]
Creature #4: [roll3]
Creature #5: [roll4]
Creature #6: [roll5]

BananaPhone
2020-08-11, 04:34 AM

Myoko narrowed her eyes and emitted a soft, disgusted "Blaah..." as the group emerged into this psychedelic trip-fest. But flash-backs to her adventurous teenage years aside, her attention was immediately drawn to the horned women atop flying, rotting beasts that were circling above them, glaring down at the party with a beastly delight afire in their eyes.

Call it a hunch, but Myoko did not think they were a welcoming committee.

Well...they were. Just not the type visitors wanted.

Barking a command to Shokaku, Myoko took to the skies atop the broad wings of her beast, her polearm coming about as the wind whipped at her face and her killer reach drew closer...

ooc:

AC this round: 39 (32 base + 5 Stance + 2 Buff)
Maneuvers Readied: Ruby Zenith Strike, Adamantine Knuckle, Ruby Battle Lord’s Strike, Flowing Creek, Sanguine Barrier, Steel Flurry Strike, Flowing River, Sanguine Perseverance

Initiative: 29

Shokaku Actions:
Movement: Moving 100 feet up and bringing Myoko within striking range of 1 or 2 enemies. (80 base movement+ 35 bonus from buff)

Myoko Actions:

Free Action: Activate Haste via Mithral Breastplate of Speed.

Swift Action: Activating Adamantium Knuckle (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/broken-blade-maneuvers/#TOC-Adamantine-Knuckle).

Full-round Action:
Strike: Ruby Battle Lord's Strike: (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/scarlet-throne-maneuvers/ruby-battle-lord-s-strike)

25 base + 2 Buff + 2 Ruby Lord buff - 4 for Power Attack = +25 to hit. (except Haste attack, it does not get +2 Ruby Lord buff, so it's +23)

I don't know what their dispersion is like, but I'm assuming that they're all within Striking range (which is 10 feet). If they're not, feel free to modify attack targets as you see fit. (eg all attacks go onto 1 rider/carrion bird instead of 2)

Her Attacks also ignore Damage Reduction.

Attack 1:[roll1], Damage [roll2] + [roll3] At succubus #1
Attack 2: [roll4], Damage [roll5] + [roll6] At Carrion Bird #1
Attack 3: [roll7] (+4 to damage via Honor), Damage [roll8] + [roll9] At succubus #2

Attack 4 (via Haste): [roll10], Damage [roll11] + [roll12] At Carrion Bird #2

Confirming Criticals (if any):

[B]Attack #1: [roll13] + [roll14] At succubus #1
Attack 2: [roll15] , Damage [roll16] + [roll17] At Carrion Bird #1
Attack 3: [roll18] , Damage [roll19] + [roll20] At Succubus #1
Attack 3: [roll21], Damage [roll22] + [roll23]

Attack 4 (via Haste): [roll24], Damage [roll25] + [roll26] at Carrion Bird #2

Free Action: Myoko is applying "Amigirs Mark (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/Warder/#TOC-Armiger-s-Mark-Ex-)" on the any one she damages, incurring a -6 penalty on its attack rolls if it tries to attack anything except her.

Immediate Action: Myoko is activating Extended Defense (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/Warder/#TOC-Extended-Defense-Ex-) for Flowing Creek (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/mithral-current-maneuvers/#TOC-Flowing-Creek): Until her next round, if anyone attacks her (including close and touch spells) they have to beat [roll27] on their attack roll, otherwise it's negated.

BananaPhone
2020-08-11, 04:43 AM
OOC:

With that much going round, was bound to miss something.

Damage on "Critical Attack 1" against Succubus #1 if it hits: [roll0]

CasualViking
2020-08-12, 06:50 AM
Myoko flies up to the Succubus not currently being irradiated, and gives her and her mount a few good slashes. The fiend hisses, slides down the far side of her mount, and teleports away with an audible *pop*. The remaining, wounded carrion bird takes a go at Myoko, but is nowhere close to getting past her weapon.

The two remaining riders scatter out from the irradiated area, staying 150' apart. One of them focuses her will on Rennick (will save DC25 vs Dominate), while the other fires a brightly glowing shot at Myoko's mount (which will hit, unless Myoko negates it with Mounted Combat).

Party is on turn.

Bansheexero
2020-08-12, 01:44 PM
Rennik charges, taking a mighty swing with Rhitta at the closest enemy.

Rennik spends a spell point to activate Unbreakable (DR 14/-), and charges the one closest to him.

Power Attack vs Succubus [roll0]
Crit? (x3) [roll1]
Damage [roll2] slashing damage and [roll3] fire damage.
If crit, add [roll4] slashing damage.

Rennik has his base light aura from Glory on at all times as long as he does not find it detrimental to what he is doing (such as if he sleeps or needs stealth). It is a free action to activate Searing Light/Searing Brilliance and it does not cost anything or count against the number of Light effects applied to his glow. Furthermore, it automatically ignores allies thanks to his archetype specific drawbacks. So you can consider all those effects active at all times while in combat. He has not spent a point to expand the glow, but he still gets the effect, I believe in a 10 ft radius. That said, typically such effects require users who use up more than a single 5 ft space with their body to declare a 5 ft square they occupy as a spot for the light to emanate from. In this case, it will be closest to the target I am attacking. So, if it closes in, it will take 14 Fire and 14 Untyped damage.

Lirya
2020-08-14, 02:09 AM
Human Incanter
AC 32 (34 vs. evil); HP 121/121; Temp HP 8
Spell Points 15/44; Initiative 29;
Active Buffs: Foreshadow, Armored Magic x2, Deflection, Spell Ward, Energy Resistance (Fire), Invigorate, Hallow (14 minutes), Disappearance (12 rounds left)
Bright Glows: Irradiance (190 minutes)

Recognizing that one of the pretty women is about to teleport away, Sól instinctively chants a few words of power designed to negate magic.

Counterspell Mastery (2 Spell Points): [roll0]
DC: MSD (or CL +11 which makes it 23 in this case)

With the other two scattering in an attempt to avoid her light, Sól had her glow continue shooting into the sky while expanding trying to keep them locked down. Becoming visible once more, it was clear they would have to rely on Myoko to take the fight into the sky for now. May the inheritor bless your sword arm Myoko.

The Irradiance is moved another 60 ft. and expanded to now have 85 ft. radius removing the 9 5-foot cubes Myoko and Shõkaku occupy (Shõkaku is large sized, right?). This assumes she can move the Irradiance in such a way that the center is high enough into the air to avoid the rest of her allies (she can remove a 10th 5-foot cube if required to do so), ideally halfway between the two succubi that are scattering so the Irradiance affects both of them (if her Counterspell succeeds, then the 3rd one should also be affected).

If she can't reach all of them, then the focus would be to lock down the succubi who is furthest away/most difficult to reach in melee for her allies.

Any caught in the Irradiance must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round, if they succeed they are instead sickened for 1 round. The succubus and carrion bird who didn't get caught in the light last round must make DC 28 Will saves or be shaken for 1 minute (evil creatures only).

Enemy #1: [roll1]
Enemy #2: [roll2]
Enemy #3: [roll3]
Enemy #4: [roll4]
Enemy #5: [roll5]
Enemy #6: [roll6]

Encompassing Light (2 Spell Points) on Myoko increasing her effective size category by 2 for the purpose of reach and damage. This does not increase the space you occupy or have any other size dependent bonuses or penalties. Midnight (your Fauchard) should become a 3d8 weapon with 30 ft. reach and a 15 ft. dead zone, while your katana should become a 3d6 weapon with 15 ft. reach. This has a duration of 190 minutes.

Spell Points left: 15/44

BananaPhone
2020-08-14, 02:47 AM

Myoko narrowed her eyes as the Succubus did what demons do and fled from a fair fight.

Coward, the hissed under her breath in her native language, before bringing her weapon about to deflect the clumsy attack of the rotting bird the vile demoness had been riding upon.

But no sooner had she done this, Myoko noticed something glimmer on the peripheral of her vision - the other succubus!

Twisting in her saddle at the last second, Myoko drew Shokaku up just enough to allow a heated bolt of energy to pass underneath the bird, passing harmlessly where once it would have struck with scorching force.

Turning her armoured head in the direction of the wicked demoness that had launched her distant attack, Myoko drew her knee's together in a trained gesture to her mount.

"Hyah!" she uttered to her companion, bringing his attention about onto their distant attacker, as the two ignored the riderless carrion bird and surged towards the Succubus - Shokaku's wings outstretched and Myoko bringing her weapon about in a lethal arc in timing for a vicious impact.

ooc:

AC this round: 37 (32 base + 5 Stance + 2 Buff - Charge)
Maneuvers Readied: Ruby Zenith Strike, Adamantine Knuckle, Ruby Battle Lord’s Strike, Flowing Creek, Sanguine Barrier, Steel Flurry Strike, Flowing River, Sanguine Perseverance

Initiative: 29

Shokaku Actions:
Movement: Charging at the Succubus that shot at him (Succubus 3 I think); stopping 20 feet away as that's in range to attack. (and so that if her new targets try to move away, they're in AoO range)

Myoko Actions:

Non-Action: Using Martial Charge to perform a standard action maneuver at the end of a charge.

Full-round Action:
Strike: Steel Flurry Strike. (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/broken-blade-maneuvers/steel-flurry-strike)

25 base + 2 Buff + 2 charge - 4 for Power Attack - 2 Steel Flurry Strike = +23 to hit.

She's attacking the Succubus with these attacks. If the succubus dies with remaining attacks, then the next attack will be directed to the Carrion Bird.

Attack 1: [roll1], Damage [roll2] < Crit
Attack 2: [roll3], Damage [roll4]
Attack 3: [roll5], Damage [roll6]

Attack #1: [roll7], Damage [roll8]
Attack 2: [roll9], Damage [roll10]
Attack 3: [roll11], Damage [roll12]

Free Action: Myoko is applying "Amigirs Mark (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/Warder/#TOC-Armiger-s-Mark-Ex-)" on the any one she damages, incurring a -6 penalty on its attack rolls if it tries to attack anything except her.

Ride Attack to Negate Attack on Shokaku: [roll13] (keep in mind, prior Carrion, if it gets an AoO, is at -6 penalty to hit any target that isn't Myoko). Myoko also has Defensive Reach, allowing her to attack adjacent enemies with a reach weapon.

Potential Attack of Opportunities:
These are just some AoO's if they're needed, just rolling 3 of them. Remember that Myoko stopped 20 feet away, so the Carrion will have to move towards her to get in range of attack, meaning she'll get an AoO on both he carrion and the rider (assuming; could just be the carrion):

[B]AoO #1: [roll14], Damage [roll15] < Crit
AoO # 2: [roll16], Damage [roll17] < Crit
AoO #3: [roll18], Damage [roll19]

AoO #1: [roll20], Damage [roll21]
[B]AoO #2: [roll22], Damage [roll23]
AoO #3: [roll24], Damage [roll25]

CasualViking
2020-08-15, 12:44 AM
Myoko slaughters the second succubus with ease. The third looks on with her gorgeaus face contracted in panic, and tries to teleport away.

CasualViking
2020-08-19, 06:29 AM
With no magical intervention, the third succubus teleports away. The carrion-birds remain. While Myoko slaughters two of them, the third flies over the jungle, towards a tower on top of a black stone spire jutting up from the jungle floor. The distance is hard to estimate, as the horizon tells you that it's much farther away, but the still-visible speck of the huge carrion bird tells you that it's closer...you estimate a few miles away. a few miles away. It seems unlikely that Myoko can catch it before it arrives.

A wide trail leads into the jungle, littered with severed vines and felled bushes. Behind you, the portal buzzes softly.

CasualViking
2020-08-19, 06:32 AM
The dead succubus was wearing scale mail. She was carrying a composite longbow (str 14) still crackling with electrical energy, and a black stone wand, the point carved into the shape of a skull with tiny red gems for eyes.

Lirya
2020-08-21, 04:38 PM
The oppressive nature of this place was really making it difficult to concentrate, but studying the sky it should be possible to determine where the portal had led them.

Myoko, do you think you could give me a ride so I can better get an overview over our location? Also do you want me to spend some time and try to identify the equipment of the pretty enchanter we defeated? I am having a hard time focusing given the oppressive nature of this place, but it seems we can spare a few minutes to catch our breath.

Knowledge (geography): [roll0]

We are obviously on the moon, considering the name of the adventure and everything. But maybe my ranks in geography will actually provide some in character knowledge for once? Also what kind of place is the/this moon of Golarion?

BananaPhone
2020-08-22, 06:07 AM

Myoko grinned as her weapon cleaved the succubi in twain, the wretched demoness falling from the back of her carrion bird in two halves. Violence was wonderful.

The two carrion birds turned tail to flee, leaving Myoko to assess the situation. For now, they were safe, but some...zigguarat? Spire? Who knew yet.

Myoko, do you think you could give me a ride so I can better get an overview over our location? Also do you want me to spend some time and try to identify the equipment of the pretty enchanter we defeated? I am having a hard time focusing given the oppressive nature of this place, but it seems we can spare a few minutes to catch our breath.

Myoko turned and looked down at her compatriot. Nodding once with a "Hyeh!", Myoko turned Shokkaku about and dove back down towards the ground. The expansive wings of the beast carried her smoothly to the ground, as the griffon drew its wings together to allow Lirya to inspect the mail and climb on board.

ooc:

AC this round: 37 (32 base + 5 Stance)

CasualViking
2020-08-23, 12:38 AM
It does indeed appear that the portal has brought you to the Moonscar, a patch of Abyssal jungle on the actual moon. Sages estimate that it would take two years to fly the distance with normal flying spells - two years travelling through the cold, airless void. The moon is not generally considered habitable, except for this bubble.

CasualViking
2020-08-27, 01:52 PM
None of you seem particularly enthusiastic about barging theough the thorny, almost certainly poisonous jungle, or splitting the party, and so you set out on the path. After less than a mile, the path splits into opposite directions. The left hand path is narrower, closer to being overgrown, whereas the right hand path seems to have been carved, quite violently, more recently.

Which way do you go?

Bansheexero
2020-08-28, 11:01 AM
As the jungle's canopy is taller than even his full size, Rennik shrinks down to the size of his compatriots to weigh in.

"My vote goes to the right hand path. Something violently carved said path there. I'd rather match blades and fangs against any particular creature rather than wander through hedges and possibly being stuck with some form of lethal poison. If I go down, it will be in battle, not from getting pricked by some thorns."