PDA

View Full Version : (SW Saga)Old Republic Commando(IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lawful_evil
2008-03-04, 08:04 PM
4321 BBY - Alliance Staging Area(near the Ruusan System)

Galaxy Map (http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/downloads/desktops/swgalaxymap/swgalaxymap_lg.jpg)

Aboard the Rodian Frigate "Wedoota", the first of the coalition special operations teams meets. The ship just went to hyperspace and the team expects to receive its briefing from the special operations commander within the hour.

For now, the team can relax, kick back, and grab some chow. The ready room is large and spacious, although it lacks much in the way of creature comforts. The crew of the frigate is, as you might expect, 100% Rodian and the non-Rodian members of the team are ignored and ridiculed by the crew. All the same, the special operations leadership has made it clear that this is an important team and they will do whatever it takes to make sure they succeed.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-04, 11:03 PM
Noodo Shail

Feeling at home on the Rodian Frigate, Noodo starts leaning back on his chair at the ready room table. Having being welcomed aboard like one of the crew and being treated well, Noodo was feeling refreashed and ready for whatever might happen.

Those poor hutts wouldn't know what hit them when this Rodian came for them. Wearing a light gray jacket over a faded red shirt with black pants, a single sporting blaster can be seen hanging at his hip with the Rodian's right hand hovering near it at all times.

Having heard that the coalition special operations team will have more than just Rodian's Noodo was interested to see what kind of allies he'll have in this battle.

Hopefully big guys, with little brains to distract the enemy, so that I can finish this job properly.

With little to do but wait, Noodo puts a credit chip on the table and begins to toy with it with his left hand while waiting for the other members of the team to rock up.

Being alittle early never hurt, besides this way I can see what they do as they come in. Noodo thinks with an almost cruel smile forming on his lips.

Winged One
2008-03-04, 11:23 PM
Alex

"<Yes, I'm part of that team. Alex...is Ginn Chandra. Call me Alex if you ever have a reason to talk to me.>" comes a Human or near-Human voice from outside the briefing room talking to the guard in very good Rodese with a distinct Nar Shaddaa accent. When the guards let Alex in, Noodo's hopes are completely dashed with regard to the short Human. She is short even if he can tell her gender, and while the uniform that she wears uncomfortably and the blaster on her left hip make her not look out of place on a CARS ship, the tool case on her right hip and her general non-threateningness make it fairly clear that she's just some weakling techie. That is, unless one looks closely and sees the concealed weapons. She looks around, and her eyes rest on Noodo's blaster. "<Hey, that's not standard issue. Is it yours personally, or did they just decide to issue something optimized for accuracy and power efficiency to you?>" Alex doesn't seem at all bothered by the smell of Rodians that most Humans are known to find unpleasant. She sits down on the chair, curls up to fit her entire body in the seat, and takes out a datapad.

Rane126
2008-03-05, 02:22 AM
Myles Novachek

Myles enters the ward room laughing, glancing over his shoulder at a rodian crew member who had just favoured him with an inelegant hand gesture. He turns to look around the ward room the residual smile crinkling around his eyes. He's dressed in the standard issue black combat fatigues, his blast vest unfastened and it's matching helmet hanging from his belt. He has a blaster holstered at his hip and a rifle with underslung grenade launcher slung over his other shoulder.

He heads straight for the food station and picks up a bowl of some kind of savory smelling gruelly stuff. Grabbing a spoon he looks around for somewhere to sit and seeing the two members already seated makes his way over towards them, "Mind if I join you guys? Name's Myles." he says, cramming a spoonful of whatever it is into his mouth and dumping himself into an empty seat.

Winged One
2008-03-05, 02:51 AM
Alexis Ginn Chandra
"Knock yourself out. I'll have to call a medic after you do, though. I'm Alex, but we oughta wait until everyone's here to introduce ourselves." Alexis says, looking up as her fingers fly across the datapad by muscle memory, first turning it on, then looking up the data on Noodo's weapon. "Hey, a BoomTech modular hand-held explosive range enhancer, nice." She says, looking back down at her datapad since she needs to observe the data to scan through it for what she wants. "So, what's so fu-" Alex smells the gruel, inhales deeply through her nose, and looks up again, her fingers pausing from being a blur. "Are you going to eat all of that?"

Lakindred
2008-03-05, 03:44 AM
Serrik Wilder

A scrauney man walks in to the room wearing a bright red shirt that says in huttese "thats right I'm big and I'm sexy "with a black vest over it, black pants with red stripe down the leg and black boots. On his hip a heavy blaster . A Loud growling noise is heard from Serrik direction. He gives a sheepish smile to all in the room as he moves towards the Food Station.
After grabbing a bowel of gruel, he looks around the room letting his eyes rest on the group."Hey Hey".He moves towards them flashing a toothy grin "Hi all I'm Serrik...um do we have too pay for the food here or are they going too take it out of our pay. I mean I figured if we are going too get shot for them least they could do is pay for our..." He looks at his gruel and sighs softly. "Well could be worse. I mean we could have gotten MRE's. I swear the last one I had tasted like durasteel with a hint of...well lets just say it was bad."

Winged One
2008-03-05, 05:12 AM
Alex
"No. We do not have to pay for meals. I was asking Myles for his leftovers for no reason whatsoever." Alex says with a straight face, glancing over his blaster. "I get the feeling that I'm going to have to either eat those MRE things or fall back on Plan B to get decent food. I guess not getting paid more than enough for that is better than the alternative. Oh, and <you aren't that big.>" The latter part is said in Huttese.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-05, 07:14 AM
Noodo

Perception check

[roll0]
If roll result under 10, Re-roll using Hightened Awareness
[roll1]
If roll second result under 10, Re-roll using Acute Sense
[roll2]
Keeping last roll, disreguarding rest.

Staring at Alex, without shame, Noodo tilts his head to reguard the rather forward human. This human female strolled in, asked a question and then went on to ignore him. Noodo's voice is filled with sarcasium

Rodese
"<"No, its not standard issue. You won't tell on me will you?">

Switching to swiftly Huttese

<"Its not the size that counts princess, its how many blaster shots he can take before I have to behind another wall to hide behind.>"

He says finishing with a cocky smile as he reguards the woman. After all, she might have some skill in sharp shooting herself. However he more or less ignores the others happy with the fact that he had found himself some moving cover.

Can't get to attached to them just yet, after all, cover is there to be shot at. All that really matters at this stage is if the cover is good enough to make it to the next mission.

Quixotico
2008-03-05, 11:22 AM
From outside the room a small commotion can be heard. A couple Rodian crew members scramble past the door, cursing and frantic. Thick Sullustese courting calls and a booming laugh follows them. Then, through the door, a solidly built Sullustan walks in, still chuckling. Wearing black combat boots, thick bantha hide gloves, a dark grey jumpsuit and an all-temperature cloak, there's something odd about his form.

Something under his cloak gives him the appearance of a hunchback, though the military-grade light repeating blaster rifle with grenade launcher draws a bit more attention. A bandoleer of various grenades fits snuggly across his torso. But the cocky smile on his face makes the entire thing almost comical.

"Hoy! Let me tell ya something about spacers! No sense of humor!" He laughs. Spotting Myles' rifle, he strides up. "Nice piece of kick-em in the teeth ya got there. Who'd ya kill to get it? Ha! Hoy, the name's Tinn. I suppose us being the only one's not green here that we're the team?"

Winged One
2008-03-05, 04:37 PM
Alex
Rodese:"Yes, I'm going to report you for doing something that isn't against the rules at all."
Alex's reply in Rodese is in the same deadpan tone as her answer about food. She rolls her eyes and says something to herself in the guttural Gammorean language.
Gammorean:"Is them all so stupid?"
When Noodo says his bit in Huttese, she sits up in a straight posture with a comically exaggerated glare. She jabs her left index finger at the Rodian and says something in an equally rediculous commanding tone.
Huttese:"Princess? I am your queen! Kneel before the Slicer Sovereign, worm!"
She somehow manages to keep the look straight without bursting out laughing, but the commotion distracts her and she looks at the doorway. As before, she looks at the Sullustan's weapons first. "What did you do, beat them at a contest for worst weapon concealment?" She asks him, glancing at the giant lump on his back.

Quixotico
2008-03-05, 07:05 PM
Tinn

"Ha ha!" A huge, world-eating grin spreads across Tinn's face. "Let me tell ya something about size. When ya got it... ya flaunt it." He hefts the light repeating rifle a little higher on his shoulder and does the impossible task of grinning even wider. He sits down with considerable weight.

Rane126
2008-03-05, 07:25 PM
Myles

"Mmhumph..." Myles' response to Alex's question about him finishing the gruel is muffled as he spoons it into his mouth with great speed. Ignoring the back and forth in languages he doesn't understand, he doesn't stop until it's all gone. He wipes the residual from the bottom of the bowl with a finger and sucks it clean with relish.

"Mmm, that stuff is not bad actually, not bad at all." Smiling at the sullustian he replies to the question on his weapon, "Well, this one time, on Fondor, no wait... Tatooine ... or was it ..? ah well, there was this guy, huge he was, like a wookiee, actually he was a wookiee, no a trandoshan, anyway, he was enormous and had holed himself up in a bunker. We spent days and days trying to dislodge him to no avail. Finally I picked up this here bad boy and popped a grenade right through the barrel of his repeater. Huge bang, splattered him all over the place it did. Very messy" Myles nods sagely as he concludes his story.

Ishikar
2008-03-05, 08:06 PM
James

Walking into the room looking over something on a datpad a young human pauses as Myles finishes his tale. Sounds like an interesting situation. Closest thing I've had to that was on Vaal. Some smugglers had set up a nice little shop there. Had a thruster blow out on landing so we blew our chance at a surprise attack when we crashed. When we finally got to their camp they'd rigged up some salvaged capital starship weapon coils with a hulled shuttle. Got 3 of our squad right off the bat. Of course there was an extra breaker box for their jury rigged system. One careful shot and it was mission successful. A little too successful actually, forensics was pissed they couldn't get their evidence.

After finishing his story the man pushes a few buttons on his pad and puts it back into a belt pouch.

Name's James by the way. I haven't had time to find out much about the squad yet but I did hear someone talking about a "Sovereign Slicer" walking up to the door.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-05, 08:13 PM
Noodo

Noodo struggles to keep a stright face, then in a sudden motion kicks out his chair behind him and kneels at Alex, hand to heart, face down.

Huttese

"I live to serve your every wish my Queen."

Glancing up with a wicked smile he continues

Huttese

"Although, I just don't believe I can allow my Queen to wear such common clothes. I'll have to find you a pretty dress to wear before we go into battle. Maybe somthing in green

After his comments he stands and throws a questioning look at Tinn.
Huttese

"only one's not green....Well he's either stupid or has a death wish. Either way he'll learn what being green means. With your permission of course my Queen"

Shooting a playful glance at Alex, Noodo finds his seat again.

lawful_evil
2008-03-05, 08:36 PM
Ready Room - Rodian Frigate Wedoota

The team relaxes and jokes around for an hour or so, at which point Special Ops Commander Greesh enters and slams the door behind him. Everyone tenses up, unsure if they should snap to attention, when Greesh says, "As you were."

The Commander mingles a bit, stopping to greet each member of the team with a "Welcome to the team", except for Noodo, which he says in Rodian

"Don't let us down."

When he gets to James, the commander pulls him aside and asks, "You ready for this LT?"

Once he's made the rounds, he says, "Okay, quiet down. Lets get this going."

Once everyone quiets down and takes a seat, he continues, "Your first mission, is in the Ryth system. Just this side of Lannik, not quite to Toydaria. There is a listening outpost there on one of the moons. We'll jump in on the far side. You all will take one of the landing craft down to the moon. Your target is the communications center. You are to cut off communications. Once that is done, and you are clear, we'll bring the ship around and flatten the facility."

He pauses a moment turns to gesture at the tactical information he had brought up and notices it is missing. He then says, "One of the crewmen is bringing up all the intelligence we have on this facility. Until then, any questions?"

Meynolds
2008-03-05, 09:00 PM
Daers Waki

A Duros, obviously in a hurry, rushes into the ready room. He pauses before taking a seat.

"Sorry I'm late! What did I miss? It won't happen again I promise! I just got caught up in a good book."

As he calms down, one may notice he is of average height for a Duros and otherwise normal. He is of above average build but is not very forceful when he speaks, almost like he is constantly nervous. For good reason, seeing how late he is.

Quixotico
2008-03-05, 09:08 PM
Tinn

"Sir, before the intel arrives, and without getting into the specifics of it all, what can ya tell us of expected opposition? Anything outta the ordinary, or just a standard run, sir?" Any sign of amusement is gone from Tinn's face and replaced with a stoic professionalism.

Winged One
2008-03-05, 11:08 PM
Alex
Alex is apparently unable to stop herself from bursting out laughing at the mental image presented by what Noodo says right before he stands up, and even falls out of her chair.

When James tells his story, thereby identifying himself as law enforcement, her smile turns false. She looks up and answers his question with "I didn't hear anything. Are you all right? Maybe you should get a doctor and tell them about your hallucinations."
[roll0] must beat both James' Will defense and his Perception check since it's both deceptive appearance and information.
When the commander arrives, Alex scrambles back into her seat then goes back to how she was sitting before she started the joke act in Huttese when he says to relax. "Want me to make it so they don't figure out that their communications are gone until it's too late, boss?" she asks, quite seriously despite the informality, as her fingers fly over her datapad and she looks up the nearest place where she could find large quantities of green food dye, the location of the quarters being used by a Sulustan named Tinn, and the schematics of the fresher unit used on board the Wedoota. "No promises except that I'll do my best, though; I don't know what kind of setup they've got or if they've got someone there smart enough to figure it out in time to prepare for the attack."
If my edit kills that roll above, it was a Deception check that I got a 21 on after mods.
EDIT2: forgot who the offending party was.
EDIT3: Ishikar rephrased the Slicer Sovereign thing as a statement instead of a question.

Winged One
2008-03-05, 11:33 PM
Oh, yeah, Alex is using her Trace talent to look those things up. [roll0] This replaces a Gather Information check, so [roll1]

WrathOfLife
2008-03-05, 11:35 PM
Noodo

Giving a slight nod to Commander Greesh when he addresses him, Noodo remains silent and serious through out the address, a sharp contrast to his previous behavior.

Deciding to wait to see what questions the others ask, Noodo waits and watches hoping to gain an idea of what the others judge as important information.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-05, 11:42 PM
Tasst

Squeezing through the narrow corridors, a rather large Trandoshan elbows his way towards the room. A small Rodian steps in front of him and starts gesturing wildly, clicking and rasberrying in its native tongue. It's obvious that it is objecting to the large blaster cannon strapped over the lizard-man's shoulder.
Huttese:

"No! You can't have Ssr'ist!"

Grinning to soften the act, he gently nudges the offended Rodian out of the way before stepping into the room. Spreading his arms in greeting, he speaks, "Forgive me for being late, sir."

Winged One
2008-03-06, 12:00 AM
Alex
"Well, I see we've got a Plan C if we decide not to be subtle about taking out their communications." Alex says, looking over the Trandoshan's blaster cannon with a grin. "Nice Boomtech Flattener Gun."

Rane126
2008-03-06, 12:54 AM
Myles

Myles listens to the briefing quietly, informal as it is he tinkers with a detonite timer. His eyes take on an eager sparkle as Commander Greesh talks about destroying the communications base.

lawful_evil
2008-03-06, 12:40 PM
"she looks up the nearest place where she could find large quantities of green food dye, the location of the quarters being used by a Sulustan named Tinn, and the schematics of the fresher unit used on board the Wedoota."

Planning some sort of prank?

You know where is quarters are, as those are your quarters too. The whole team shares one smallish room with bunk beds and a long table down the middle. Each team member also has a 1x1x2(tall) meter locker.

The refresher is across the hall, but you don't have access to it schematics.

The ship's stores don't stock green dye. If the ship were not running isolated(cut off from the various intragalactic networks), you might find the nearest system with some, but it won't help you anytime soon.

Special Ops Commander Greesh looks at the Trandoshan and says, "That may be acceptable. You don't have to be quiet about it, but you need to make sure whatever you do doesn't get reported. We want to take out communications before they get off a warning. So, you may want to take out the various antenna and then raid the communications/command center and destroy the computers and gear there."

The commander looks at the time display impatiently and adds, "Once you signal us, it'll take 10 or 15 minutes for us to get into position to bombard the outpost. If the communications gear is operational, they'll have plenty of time to send a message. They might even be able to make repairs during that time, so you may need to eliminate associated personnel."

Winged One
2008-03-06, 03:56 PM
Alex
Of course. She finds it the best way to deal with people who annoy her. It's the same principle as her snarkyness, with the added benefit of getting an excuse to play with the fresher.
Bah, they don't even have any food coloring in the right color. "Destroy it all, huh? So, there isn't a chance that the CARS might have a use for anything we might find there?" Alex asks, tapping her right index finger on the side of her datapad. If they don't want it, then they don't have to hear about me taking it.

Ishikar
2008-03-06, 04:37 PM
James

After silently listening to the discussion and Alex's rushed recommendation James shrugs waiting for a break before entering the discussion.

Perception roll - [roll0] - roll doesn't change Jame's actions but will influence further actions accordingly.

It's not so much the matter of finding it useful as it is the weighed balances and risks of the upcoming campaign. The most important thing is to make sure that no word of our movements gets out. The best way to insure that is to destroy the capacity altogether. While the option of suborning the relay has it's merits the risk to operational security at present is too high according to my understanding of the current campaign progress.

Moving on though there is another concern that has occurred to me me. What about transports from the site? Even a single hyperspace capable fighter could potentially escape for a warning. Are we to sabotage those capabilities as well or is there a branch of the fleet to take care of that issue?

Rane126
2008-03-06, 05:33 PM
Myles

"Depending on the number of spaceworthy craft I dare say I can rig something to neutralize that threat. I can also set a timed response if we can coordinate once we're on-site."

Winged One
2008-03-06, 07:01 PM
Alex
"Well, yeah, I'm not going to risk them getting a message off, but if I can do something like set up the software so that they receive false confirmation of any messages they try to send being received after we disconnect the hardware and damage it beyond repair, I figure it might help a bit if they don't get desperate enough to do something like send a ship out to send their distress signal."
If demonstrating this kind of know-how makes it "a little hard to believe" that she's not a slicer or causes the deception to "undergo scrutiny," then she takes -5 to that Deception check for it being a Difficult deception, which puts it at below James' Will Defense. Your call on that, Ishikar; he's your character.

lawful_evil
2008-03-06, 07:12 PM
Special Ops Commander Greesh nods and smiles at the team and their thoughtful questions, when the question of ships comes up, he speaks up, "Our probe droid managed to get a shot of the hangar bay. It seems that a shuttle arrives twice a week and lands in their hangar. The shots the droid collected show that the shuttle is the only ship there."

The Commander takes a drink and then says, "The shuttle left several hours ago, so we've got about 3 days till it returns. During that time, we need to take this post and prepare to ambush the incoming shuttle."

Winged One
2008-03-06, 07:25 PM
Alex

"Oh. Do you expect someone to be aboard that shuttle that we need to catch or kill or something that we need to steal or blow up? Or is the shuttle just a complication for something else we were going to do with the base?"

WrathOfLife
2008-03-06, 07:26 PM
Noodo

"How many people man this base? It seems to be that a covert option here would be best. Any large scale action taken too early would result in a message being sent. Without further intelligence we won't be able to plan a strike that won't result in us being made."

Noodo, pockets the credit chip he was playing with earlier and glances towards Alex. If she can trick the computers into receiving a false confirmation, maybe she could trick them into redirecting there comms else where, atleast long enough to give us breathing room in the attack.
Muttering his thoughts in Huttese.

"Alex. Could you redirect there comm systems during the attack?"

Winged One
2008-03-06, 07:45 PM
Alex
Alex twirls her hair thoughtfully at Noodo's musings.
Huttese:"Oh, and maybe give them someone to talk to if they try to open a two-way HoloNet connection? Good idea. Like I said before though, I don't know what kind of a setup they've got or if they're smart enough to figure it out in time. But why aren't we saying this in Basic?"

WrathOfLife
2008-03-06, 07:56 PM
Noodo

Giving a half a smile
Huttese

"If they can't follow along, they can't stuff up the operation."

Before switching back to basic
"But you have a point. Would it work, assuming you know there system, and could we do it from a distance?"

lawful_evil
2008-03-06, 08:30 PM
As the team practices their Huttese... {{ Which won't be an overly secure means of communications in this campaign as you are up against the Hutts }} a crewman comes in and stops in front of the commander. The young Rodian glances around quickly and salutes. The commander returns the gesture and takes a datapad from the crewman, who then turns to leave.

The commander says, "Excellent." He taps out something on the datapad and an image appears on the wall display while he talks. Image (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Layout.jpg)

The commander answers the question regarding the shuttle first, "This moon has an atmosphere, but we've detected no other life. I suspect, the shuttle brings in food, water, and replacement troops. It shouldn't be any concern of yours, we'll take care of the naval maneuvers."

Turning back to the display, he says, "As you can see the outpost is small, although we suspect there are underground tunnels and possibly a much larger complex than is shown here." Pointing to the far right structure, he says, "This is the hangar bay, which will be empty during this mission, but you should probably double check that to be safe."

The commander points to the upper left structure and says, "This seems to hold several wheeled ground vehicles that they use to during a daily patrol. The intel here suggests the patrol happens at the local noontime, when the atmosphere is most tolerable."

The commander indicates the bottom structure and says, "This building would seem to house the antenna and command center, although, as I indicated, quite a bit of the actual command center may be underground. We also suspect that is where the barracks and other support buildings are located."

The commander turns to Noodo and says, "Excellent question. The patrols seem to be composed of 4 Gamorreans. Our shots of the hangar bay contained 2 Gamorreans and 2 Humans. Beyond that is purely speculation, but based on the size of the shuttle and the frequency of supply runs, there could be 100-200 personnel here."

The commander then says with a calm voice, "Of course, not all of them would be combatants and would probably be divided into several work shifts, so the majority of the personnel should be sleeping or off duty. If I know Gamorreans, that means they'll be drunk."

The commander pauses, ready to handle more questions, then says, "Ah, for reference, the hanger building is about 50 meters north to south."

Winged One
2008-03-07, 12:29 AM
Alex
"Any idea what kind of communication setup they've got there, or am I going to have to look for myself?" Alex asks. "How much contact do the patrol vehicles keep with the base? Is their security tight enough that they'd notice their patrol vehicles being piloted by us? I speak Gammorean if they're going to expect audio communications, and I can try to make a fake video or holo feed if I have to."
Assuming that sending a doctored signal works like altering the data from a recorder, of course. She won't mention anything about it if it's impossible, unfeasible, or simply likely to take so long that it won't fit in the timetable.

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 06:51 AM
The commander smiles and then says, "You don't look much like Gamorrean, so you'd better have one heckuva disguise. We haven't gotten any images of the vehicle bay internals. The bay doors are left open while the patrol is out, so I doubt the security is that tight."

The commander leans into the wall display and says, "As you can see, they've got a dish for intersellar comms and a local antenna for commlinks on top of the southern building. I suspect they maintain communications with the patrol during its route, but we don't know. The probe droid detected local signals, but they were encrypted and it didn't have the capability to record or decrypt them."

Holocron Coder
2008-03-07, 08:45 AM
Tasst

Adjusting his cannon in a more comfortable position, the Trandoshan sits and listens to the rest of the debriefing quietly, letting others ask the intel questions. His task is generally a simple one: blow things up. Granted, he is capable of a few other things as well, and he isn't unintelligent by any means, but destruction is something he enjoys most.

Glancing over the map, he comments. "Disguise or no, it will be hard to approach the base unseen; they have a decent view of the surrounding area for near fifty meters in every direction. The patrol may still be a best bet."

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 10:36 AM
The commander looks in disgust at the Trandoshan and offers, "Our probe droid doesn't show much in the way of windows or view ports on these structures. The do have a few security cameras, here, here, here, and here." He indicates the NE corner of the hangar bay, the SE corner of the hangar bay, the SW corner of the command center, and the NW corner of the vehicle building. He then pulls up a zoom on one of them which shows it slowly panning left to right. He says, "Each of these covers 270 degree field of view and take about 2 minutes to pan from the far left to right and back again."

Winged One
2008-03-07, 12:35 PM
Alex
"Well, I'd say we have a great disguise and it's name is Ssr'ist, but the patrol building probably has to report in periodically. We could kill the people they have to report to, but this is turning into one of those plans where we kill everyone who notices we're killing people, and I hate those plans." Alex muses aloud. "Is there a blind spot there between the buildings? Are the cameras set up so that each given spot is covered as many times as possible in the 2 minute interval, or so that there's often overlap between the field of vision of two cameras?"

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 01:10 PM
The rodian looks back and forth between the display and then datapad and then declares, "It looks like there are large gaps in covarage. The cameras have a narrow field of view, maybe 30-40 degrees. The cameras also appear to be angled downward a fair bit. Because of the downward angle, their field of vision only extends maybe 50 meters from the buildings themselves. " Using his pointer to demonstrate on the display, he shows how that, when the cameras are aimed to the corners, there are huge gaps of viewable terrain which allows you to walk right up to the buildings(assuming you can cover the 50 meters in a minute or two.

Ishikar
2008-03-07, 01:39 PM
James

It's interesting thinking there but I think you're contradicting yourself a bit Alex. Half the stuff you're talking about are things that I might be able to do if I got lucky and had time. Anyways looking at the map it would appear that southwest could be the best option for approach. If you'll look at the map there is a hill or dip of some sort there that could prove effective cover. If it is a dip in the terrain it would make the hill further back in that direction an excellent vantage point for observation or my marksmanship talents. I think the safest bet though would be to have Alex go first. Once she got close enough I'm sure she could access the camera system and arrange for loop back footage to cover our approach. Assuming we have something like their uniform we could arrange a disguise so even if they have base patrols she could merely say she was performing maintenance on the camera system and also work as a inside caller for our approach letting us know when the best time to avoid any base patrols would be.

On another note since we have so many people we may not want to have everyone go in. two or three unfamiliar faces can be played off but eight or nine is a real stretch. Something I learned from the few visits I made with my father to speak with Bothans was that you should always have backups for backups and a plan at least 3 steps ahead. I'm not sure of everyone's skills yet so I can't really work out who should do what but I at least know that Alex can do a LOT to help our cause from the inside. I could back her up or provide cover from outside with my rifle. Right now I'd like to hear some of your opinions about how to handle this. The sooner we know how each other's habits and preferred means of operation the better off we'll be.

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 03:05 PM
The commander nods at James and says, "Also.. although the terrain appears smooth on this overhead display, the terrain is very rocky and provides ample cover." The commander changes the display to show a closeup of the side of the hill, which is littered with boulders, rocks and such.

The commander then says, "We don't have any uniforms like theirs. You may need to capture or borrow a few if you want to use that option. You are welcome to plan as much as you like so long as you are done when we get there. We need to clean this outpost out so the rest of the fleet can move through undetected." The command checks the datapad again and says, "So, you've got an hour."

WrathOfLife
2008-03-07, 06:56 PM
Noodo

Turning to consider james for a moment, he stares at his face trying to work out what he was planning, before responding.

"I have skills in mid to long range shooting. I'm good at both not being seen, and seeing what others do not want me too. I however am also Rodian and as we haven't seen any Rodian's on the surface, I do not believe I should head in with the first team. Maybe be used in a support role."

Noodo kinks his head towards Alex.

"Looks like you've won the job of point man, try not to enjoy yourself too much, I do want to kill somthing down there."

Winged One
2008-03-07, 09:05 PM
Alex
"You're sure that all 4 cameras have the same specs?" Alex asks. "Do they have any way to look at the paths between the buildings besides going out the door and yelling if they see anyone?" She listens to James' plan and tries to determine the feasibility of it.
Take 10 on Knowledge(Technology) for 20 to see if it's possible to have the camera send a 2 minute loop from the camera itself(rather than the security room) with this kind of camera, maybe also altering the timestamp if it gives one.
If James' plan seems like it'll work, she says "Good idea, Jim. We can just stun some sucker around my size for the uniform. What should I do to signal for you to shoot someone? Yelling 'shoot this chuba muncher' is pretty likely to be detected." Whether the plan will work or not, she asks, "What do you mean I'm contradicting myself? And what's with all the flattery?"

Noodo's comment seems to annoy Alex. "Yeah, I'm really going to start killing people on my own even though every single one of you looks like you'd be better in a lightfight than I am. If we end up killing people, I'm going to call as many of you as I can get in first."

WrathOfLife
2008-03-07, 10:20 PM
Noodo

Tilting his head further Noodo's eyes gain a slight darkness to them. So not a fighter after all, surely she can't be a non-com...

Before a slight apologetic smile appears on his face, he speaks in a soft voice ment for her ears only.
Huttese

Of course, my apologies.

Before leaning back in his chair ready to let the officers work out the finer points of the battle plan.

Rane126
2008-03-07, 10:55 PM
Myles

Myles is a little muddled at Alex's plan , specially as at least half of it was delivered in some foreign language, at least he hopes half of it was cause the other half seemed a bit obscure.

He speaks to James,"LT, I specialize in planned deconstruction Sir, that is demolitions, Sir. Big, small, moving, stationary you call it, I can make it go bang. Big bang, small bang, bang on time Sir. I'm your man."

lawful_evil
2008-03-08, 07:28 AM
The commander says, "As you can see from these shots, the cameras all seem to be tied to the same commands. They all go left, they all go right, they all go left, and so on."

The commander then changes the view points to so the walls of the building facing the paths and says, "I don't see any windows or camera. It is possible they have sensors buried in the ground or embedded in the walls." The shot zooms into one door which has a small computer terminal next to it. The commander says, "We didn't see many people use these paths, but when they do, they use the terminal beside the door to make it open. Probably some sort of authentication system."

{{ You could make the camera feed loop by tapping the feed, recording some to a datapad and then overriding it back replacing the real signal. You would have to have physical access to the camera to get at the feed... so you'd have to be on top of the building. }}

Winged One
2008-03-08, 04:12 PM
Alex
"What are their patrol routes? That camera looks like it's only accessible from the roof, so if there's a window where they won't see a speeder go and drop me on the roof it'll work, but if there isn't...is the roof accessible from the inside?" She realizes something. "Actually, if we can get on the roof without them noticing, Myles might as well just blow the antenna right the feth then and have the team kill the repair crews. I'll have to get to a computer with access to their network so I can look at a list of everyone there and make sure everyone who knows how to fix their interstellar antenna is dead, though. I don't like that plan, but if it'll work then my personal preferences don't really matter."

lawful_evil
2008-03-08, 04:31 PM
The commander shakes his head and says, "They would detect the signature of the landing craft if you attempted to get that close and hop onto the roof. Normal speeders, if you managed to find one, can't hover that high. You'd need an aircar or something similar."

The commander adjust the shots again and says, "There is a fair amount of equipment on the roof, looks like air circulators, and such. Ah, there it is, a hatch. So, yes, the roof is accessible from inside. I don't see any handles or anything on the outside, so you might have to blow it open or cut it open."

The commander then restores the normal top down view and says, "The patrols are very erratic. The paths near the base are well worn, but beyond those nearby hills they follow no pattern. They go out and come back and go out and around and back and out and such for about an hour."

Rane126
2008-03-08, 04:54 PM
Myles

"Sir, If I may?" Myles says to the commander, receiving a nod he continues. "It seems in every situation we will need to isolate the base's communications. If we ambush a patrol then there's a chance that those back at the base will be alerted, either through not getting an expected communication, or hearing blaster fire, if we take a foot patrol too close to the base. I think we'll need to make sure that whatever route we choose we need to have at least a small team to make straight for the antenna and disable it as first priority."

lawful_evil
2008-03-08, 08:18 PM
The commander nods and replies to Myles, "I agree. It would seem that you should, at the very least, disable the various antennae first before doing anything more.... dramatic." He pauses and says, "The antennae may not be in use at that moment and so that act of sabotage may go unnoticed while you execute whatever the second part of your plan it."

WrathOfLife
2008-03-08, 09:23 PM
Noodo

Content to simple sit and listen to the officers and grunts bang out a plan. Noodo considers the OIC's last statment. And if it is in use, Mission failed. They'll know we've shut down there listening post and will start preparing defences. Readjusting his seating slightly, Noodo prepares himself for a long hour of sitting and pretending to pay attention.

Quixotico
2008-03-09, 02:20 AM
Well, seems to me we've got a lot of systems we best be worrying about. Security cameras, sensors, communications, and who knows what defenses. As I see it, they all share the same dependency; power. As ya said, there are likely underground structures, but regardless there has to be a generator somewhere, hoy? Knock that outta commision and we're in a lot better place than we were. Covert or overt, is there a feasible way to take it down, do ya all think?

And I'm nothing special. What ya see is what ya get. I shoot this here blaster and lob grenades at the things that are left standing.

Winged One
2008-03-09, 02:48 AM
Alex
"Well, they're going to notice when they lose power, so we might as well just set up some detonite on the generator, kill everyone who knows how to fix it, send a signal to blow the detonite, get out, and kill everyone who tries to stop us from getting out. But we don't know if they've got redundant power supplies or maybe even a separate one for their interstellar communication dish. That's a good idea given what we know, though." Alex says. "Well, I guess we won't be able to plan as well if we don't all know what each other can do. Remember what I said about not hearing anything, Jim?" Her mouth twists into a broad, creepy grin and she glares up at him. "I lied. Alex Chandra, alias Slicer Sovereign, at your service." She mockingly bows her head a bit. She reverts to her previous manner. "Anyway, I'm gonna need to slice into admin access of their network and get a floor plan and the employee database, sorry, I mean the personnel database. If they've got someone in charge of network security, they'll probably notice, but hopefully they'll just figure I'm just some koochoo trying to get into someone else's personal data until I start locking them out and or making things near them overload explosively. Or I could just trace their location and we could kill them while they're busy trying to stop me. If we grab someone and threaten to kill them if they don't give us their login codes, that'll reinforce it. Then again, that assumes they even have their computers networked. If they don't, we'll have to go with that plan I hate where we kill everyone who notices that we're killing people until we find a computer with a floor plan."

lawful_evil
2008-03-09, 09:50 AM
The commander says, "If you knock out the power, I don't think their computers will be online to access. You may want to get the floor plans first. We don't have any intelligence on their power systems, so you may need the floor plan in order to find them."

A klaxon goes off and the commander says, "That's the five minute warning before we drop out of hyperspace. It's your lives on the line and you know your capabilities better than I do, so I'm not going to tell you what to do. You've got all our intelligence. I'm needed in CIC. LT, they are yours. You need to be in the launch bay in 15 minutes. Please be prompt." With that, the commander stands and exits the room.

Ishikar
2008-03-09, 12:35 PM
James

May not be in use is a bit of a gamble isn't it? We have no idea what kind of backups they may have or if there is a schedule to maintain for communications. What would be best is if we had some record of how often they sent reports. You mentioned the probe droid could detect but not listen in on them, do you have a record of the timestamps of those messages?

lawful_evil
2008-03-09, 01:33 PM
The commander says as he was about to leave the commander says, "Its all there, but it I recall, they haven't made any transmissions in the last 11 days. Only local broadcasts, which, as I mentioned, were encrypted. As this outpost is supposed to be secret, sending lots of messages would probably give it away. They probably send reports out on the shuttle." With that, the commander nods to James and Noodo and exits.

You can continue to examine the data(by asking questions), but the commander isn't there and your time is nearly up.

Quixotico
2008-03-09, 01:46 PM
Well, if we can get the floor plans, and if we can locate the generator, and if it looks like a clean way of knocking out several systems at once, it's something to consider. If not... Tinn shrugs ...we break everything and everyone one-by-one, as planned. Unless anyone else has an idea, I think we'll be playing it by ear after we've landed, hoy?

Winged One
2008-03-09, 03:39 PM
Alex
Alex waits until the commander is out of earshot. "'We have to get the floor plan before we knock out the power?' Henceforth, he shall be known as Commander Obvious. Your Sovereign decrees it." She stands up and prepares to walk to the hanger with whoever starts doing so. "Since the others are calling you LT, I guess that means you're the boss now, Jim. Who's goin' down there?"

Rane126
2008-03-09, 04:48 PM
Myles

"Might have something to do with that pip there Alex. You know, the one that says he's the officer." Myles says to her with a grin while tapping the Lieutenant's insignia on James' uniform.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-09, 05:09 PM
Tasst

"It sounds like Alex's setup is best, as I understand it. Steal what information we can, then destroy their power. All the other problems fall into place with that done." The Trandoshan glances down the hall. "And we don't have much time left, as the commander pointed out..."

Shouldering his cannon better, Tasst notes that he mostly stated the obvious, if in a summary and "let's get going" manner. Checking his gear, he takes stock of what he has. Blaster rifle, grenades, power generator, charger, Ssr'ist... spare blaster.

Winged One
2008-03-09, 05:15 PM
Alex
"What's a pip, and why don't I see any writing on it?" Alex asks. "Never mind. If it's not too far, I should get to my room and change into some regular clothes. If they see me in a CARS uniform, they're gonna start shooting without giving me a chance to trick them into thinking I work for them, and that's if we're lucky and they don't think to hit an alarm."

WrathOfLife
2008-03-09, 07:17 PM
Noodo

Happy now that all the thinking has being done by some one else, Noodo rises from his seat. "With your leave LT, I need to grab my rifle." Without waiting for an awnser Noodo strolls off to go gear up.

OOC

Grabbing the rest of my gear, and then meeting up in the hanger.
For both hidden blasters.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Quixotico
2008-03-09, 07:23 PM
Hoy, sounds like a plan. Tinn gets up and goes to make final his quarters, then heads to the hangar.

Meynolds
2008-03-09, 07:51 PM
Daers

Oddly the Duros has been quiet for the entire planning phase, almost as though lost in thought. He snaps back into reality when the final plan is announced.

"Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll just head back to my quarters to pick up my gear then..."

He heads back to his quarters and (With his large amount of gear) heads to the hanger bay.

Winged One
2008-03-09, 08:43 PM
Alex
As it was her idea in the first place, Alex runs to the quarters. If there's time to change her clothes and re-conceal all of her weapons, she does so there, but if not she just grabs her civilian clothes and runs to the hanger with them under her arm. Her civilian clothes consist of a dark gray long sleeved baggy shirt with a multitude of pockets, pants that could be described the same way except that they're pants instead of a shirt, and shoes that seem designed for city wear.
Okay, now for rolls. If she has to change in the shuttle, use these then. I'm assuming that weapon sizes given are the size creature that they're sized for, because otherwise her standard blaster pistol would be the size of an ewok, and I'd also take prohibitive penalties to these Stealth checks.
[roll0]using a concealed holster so that it can be Quick Drawn
[roll1]using a concealed holster so that it can be Quick Drawn
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] Item size unknown.
[roll6]
Deception to appear to not be working for the CARS will be rolled when we encounter guards.
If these turn out to be really crappy rolls, then your character can probably spot them.

Rane126
2008-03-11, 10:38 AM
Myles

Myles looks longingly towards the savory gruel stuff, but ends up putting up his bowl and spoon and joining the squad making their way down to the hanger bay.

lawful_evil
2008-03-11, 02:26 PM
Landing Bay

After finishing up whatever personal activities they had, the team arrives in the landing bay. The drop ship is an old Rodian Beebob Assault Shuttle. The ship is small and compact. The crew and passengers will be packed in tight. The craft has no hyperdrive, navigation system, or much of a computer. It does have two small weapons and enough thrust to get down the planet and back.

Stats :

Gargantuan Starfighter
Init +1; Senses Perception +0
Defenses Ref 6(-5 size, +1 dex, +2 armor), Fort 22; +2 Armor, Vehicular Combat
HP80; DR4; Threshold42
Speed fly 12 squares(max vel 700 km/h), fly 2 squares (starship scale)
Ranged Repeating Blaster Cannon, Atk +1(dex), Dmg 3d10 (gunner)
Ranged Repeating Blaster Cannon, Atk +1(dex), Dmg 3d10 (gunner)
Fighting Space 3x3; Cover total
Base Atk 0
Abilities STR 34, DEX 12, INT 10

Crew 3 (pilot, gunner, gunner)
Passengers 6
Cargo 1000kg, Consumables 1 week

The ship is open and a Rodian Warrant Officer hands over a datapad, with the access codes for the drop ship, to the LT. The ship is already warmed up and ready to go.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-11, 08:29 PM
Noodo

Strolling into the landing bay, with a sporting blaster rifle slung over his shoulder, Noodo glances at the ship, then stands by the ship waiting for the others to climb in. "I'll be last in, first out." His tone is cold and he's clearly readied himself to start killing people.

When the others climb in, Noodo will take the last passenger seat and close the hatch.

Rane126
2008-03-11, 09:03 PM
Myles

Myles gives Noodo a friendly clap on the shoulder as he mounts up.

Winged One
2008-03-11, 09:12 PM
Alex
"This should do nicely..." Alex says. "It doesn't have enough room for all of us if someone doesn't take the gunner stations, and we ought to keep them staffed anyway. One of you is a pilot, right?" Once James lets the group in, and once any unskilled concealments that someone else in the squad points out are redone, she takes out her datapad. If anyone looks over her shoulder, she appears to be playing a puzzle game. If anyone looks over her shoulder without her noticing, she's clearly slicing into administrator access to the ship's computer, such as it is(she is, of course, careful not to disrupt any functions other than computer security, and to put even that back once it works for her).
Take 10 on all relevant Use Computer checks for 26(+4 INT +1 level/2 +5 trained +5 Skill Focus +1 equipment from datapad's 12 INT)

lawful_evil
2008-03-12, 05:18 PM
The rest of the crew loads and Noodo, who was sitting closest to the door, seals the hatch. The frigate opens the external door, which protected the landing craft, and signals the 'All Clear'.

Serrik, who it seems is the best pilot, launches the ship and begins the descent to the surface. The surface is quite bland looking from spaces, a nice uniform grey color with just the occasional orange spot where a volcano is active.

Quickly enough the ride gets a bit bumpy as Serrik lowers the ship into atmosphere. But, soon enough, the ride smooths out as Serrik gets lower. It takes about 20 minutes from launch till the assault vehicle is nearing the landing site.

11:05 Local Time.

The surface is dark grey and quite rocky. In between the hills are smoother areas covered in finer particles. The hilly areas are quite rough and are covered in numerous large and medium sized boulders and rocks. The atmosphere is thin, sterile, but breathable without assistance. Even with the sun at nearly noon, it is quite cool(10 C/50 F), but at least the stars are visible during the day.

{{ Where do you want to land(relative to the installation)? No patrol is expected to be out at this time, but one should go out in about an hour. You've have to land about 3-4 km away if you want to be outside of the patrol area, which means a long walk and more chance of interacting with the patrol. }}

Quixotico
2008-03-13, 01:41 AM
Tinn took one of the gunner positions on the ride down, keeping a keen eye on the surface when possible.

[roll0]
If the above result is below 17, I'll use Heightened Awareness to reroll.
[roll1]
Just in case...

Rane126
2008-03-13, 02:07 AM
Myles

Leaning his head back against the seat Myles closes his eyes and hums tunelessly, enjoying the turbulent ride to the surface. He's a grunt, he doesn't get to make landing decisions.

Winged One
2008-03-13, 02:27 AM
Alex
After she's done making the ship's computer her vassal(and sending the game she was pretending to play into a game over screen), Alex glances out the viewport, and then her glance turns into a slack-jawed stare at the scenery.
Hey, she's never been on a world that wasn't entirely urbanized before.
[roll0] Hey, she might notice something important while she's sightseeing.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-13, 06:54 AM
Tasst

Peering out the viewport and the dark terrain below, Tasst anticipates a warm surface. He'll be surprised at the cool overall temperature once they land. Speaking to Serrik, Tasst hisses, "How close can we get to the installation without alerting them?"

It is obvious that he is hoping to get closer to the place to avoid the future patrol.

lawful_evil
2008-03-13, 07:28 PM
As the ship circles looking for a good landing spot, or at least a decision from the leader, Tinn notices a small disturbance about 1.5 km away from the installation to the north-northeast. Looks like a small vent(man-made exhaust port) with warm moist air being expelled into the cool atmosphere.

Quixotico
2008-03-14, 05:59 PM
Hoy! Ya see that? To the North, there's something... Tinn does his best to point out what he spied. Looks to me like a vent. Worth a look see, don'ya say?

Winged One
2008-03-14, 06:15 PM
Alex

"What? I don't see any- wait, now I see it." Alex says, making all necessary contortions to see what Tinn is pointing at. "Yep, that's an exhaust port all right. I want a closer look at it, and not just because it's interesting. It might connect to the power supply or something."

lawful_evil
2008-03-15, 01:00 PM
The LT makes a command decision and says, "Serrik, put us down about half a kilometer northwest of that vent. Yeah, just on the other side of that hill. We will check out the vent. If we can't get in or don't find it useful, we'll sit tight until after the patrol returns to base and then move the ship closer."

The LT says, "Prepare to move out. Alex, lock down the controls once we're on the ground. Don't want anyone stealing our ride."

Once Serrik puts the ship down, the LT nods at Noodo to open the hatch and says, "Myles , Noodo, and Alex watch the left flank. Daers, Serrik, and Tasst, you have the right flank. Tinn, your with me. We've headed to the top of the hill to get a better look at the area before we move in."

Once Noodo opens the door everyone can move out. LT heads out and immediately begins the climb up the small hill.

Rane126
2008-03-15, 01:32 PM
Myles

Myles stops his humming as James gives the orders. As the door opens he runs out to the left, covering that flank. He moves up the hill watching for any signs of the enemy.

[roll0]

Meynolds
2008-03-15, 02:06 PM
Daers

Pausing briefly to switch his weapon's safety off, Daers runs to the right flank, running up the hill, ending in a crouched position near the top of the crest.

Quixotico
2008-03-15, 08:32 PM
Yessir! Tinn salutes and checks his grenade launcher's cache one last time. Once on the ground, he immediately follows the LT up the hill.

[roll0]
If the above result is below 17, I'll use Heightened Awareness to reroll.
[roll1]

And I guess a climb check...
[roll2]
If the above result is below 19, I'll use Expert Climber to reroll.
[roll3]

WrathOfLife
2008-03-15, 08:50 PM
Noodo

Noodo flings the hatch open and moves out to the left, keeping low holding rifle at ready.

[roll0] if total below 16
[roll1] if total below 16
[roll2]

initiative
[roll3] if total below 21
[roll4]

After a quick search of the area, Noodo finds himself as much cover as he can, while still covering the left flank.

Winged One
2008-03-15, 11:15 PM
Alex
"Gotcha, boss." Alex says with a grin. When the ship lands, she programs the ship's computer to treat everybody except her as a hostile intruder, turns everything off, locks everything, and does everything else to secure the ship that would occur to her besides crazy stuff involving explosives and things that take too long.

Alex watches the left flank during the walk as instructed.
[roll0]

Holocron Coder
2008-03-16, 03:44 PM
Tasst

Saluting with a grin, Tasst pulls out his heavy blaster rifle and releases the safety. That complete, he follows the rest of his small group around the right flank, scanning the surroundings for anything of note.

[roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-03-16, 06:13 PM
The hill isn't very steep, but the terrain is quite unusual. Without several of the eroding forces, that normally exist on a planet, the terrain is awkward. Large sharp boulders are scattered around and in between them is a fine loose sand, which is very difficult to walk in. Everyone notices that unless you hop boulder to boulder, you end up leaving large obvious tracks in the sand.

Once at the top, the LT uses his electrobinoculars to check out the vent and surrounding area. After a minute he says, using the commlink, [Daers, you and Tasst head down to the vent. See if there is a discreet way to open it. Check those exhaust fumes to make sure they aren't deadly too. Serrik, cover them.] LT hands his electrobinoculars to Tinn and says, "Keep an eye on the main base. Let me know if you see the patrol or any other activity."

The LT moves down towards the left flank and orders, [Left flank, we're going to do a wide sweep around the vent. Make sure the other hills around it are clear.] He motions down to the left towards the next hill going clockwise around the vent.

Meynolds
2008-03-16, 07:23 PM
Daers

[Yes sir.]

Daers pulls a breath mask out of his field kit, just in case the vent fumes happen to be fatal or injury causing. He then begins a dash for the vent, weapon at the ready. He approaches the vent slowly when he gets close, ready to move away if there is any danger. If there isn't, he approaches the vent and begins examining it carefully.

Perception to search: [roll0]
If there is a lock or trap of some kind, he brings out his security kit and attempts to disarm it.
Mechanics to disarm: [roll1]

Winged One
2008-03-16, 08:06 PM
Alex
Alex seems very startled by the feeling of sand collapsing under her feet the first time, and copies the actions of anyone who seems like they have some experience walking is such low-density terrain. Her face falls a bit when James gives the orders at the vent. ["Why can't I look at the exhaust port, boss? I might be able to figure out what's on the other side without actually crawling in."] she asks over the comlink when he's done. If he doesn't change his mind, she obeys his order anyway. Informality isn't even remotely related to insubordination in her mind, after all.
I didn't realize how frickin' unprofessional Alex sounds sometimes until I actually started playing her. Just for the record.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-16, 08:42 PM
Noodo

Giving a slight nod to the LT, Noodo fan's out from the others watching left flank and begins to make his way around the vent in a wide sweep. Noodo stops several times to check behind him and to scope up to check the distance. Looking every bit the professional killer he is.

[roll0] if total less than 20 than >
[roll1] if total less than 20 than >
[roll2]

lawful_evil
2008-03-17, 06:11 AM
LT responds to Alex's whine request, [What the issue Alex? You got Jedi powers now? You psychic? If you've got powers like that you've got to let me know so I can make decisions appropriately.]

Quixotico
2008-03-17, 09:53 AM
[Yessir.] Tinn hunkers down next to a boulder, keeping low. Blaster rifle in hand and at the ready, his ebony eyes set upon the base to the South and don't stray so much as a millimeter.

[roll0] If the result is less than 17, then reroll.
[roll1]

Winged One
2008-03-17, 11:43 AM
Alex
That's it, he's getting the Fake Detonite Trick when we get back from this job. Alex thinks. She says, without any humor or mockery in her voice over the com, ["Nothing like that, boss. I just thought I might recognize the exhaust system."] As she is saying this, she is already walking with the rest of the left flank.
Could have sworn we already rolled Perception.
[roll0]

Rane126
2008-03-17, 04:35 PM
Myles

[Roger] Myles follows Noodo in a sweep to the left, using as much cover as he's able to, looking for signs of tracks. He holds his rifle ready with the safety off.

lawful_evil
2008-03-17, 07:29 PM
As the LT hoofs it up the next hill he responds, [How will the fact that you've seen that exhaust system in a gaseous discharge catalog help you know what is on the other side?]

{{ Anyone down at the vent or on the sweep team that makes a perception DC 15, notices some old vehicle tracks that run past the vents. Probably a week or two old. }}

Daers doesn't notice the alarm sensor and starts to open up the vent casing when Tasst stops him and points out the alarm. Daers switches focus and easily disables the alarm before continuing to open the casing. By the time the sweeping team completes the sweep, Daers has the case open and ready for some brave soul to enter.

The exhaust seems to mostly warm moist air. Carbon Dioxide levels are higher than normal, but not toxic and there is plenty of oxygen in the air. The shaft goes down a couple meters and then switches to a 45 degree descent. Anyone got a rope?

Holocron Coder
2008-03-17, 08:31 PM
Tasst

Quickly catching up to Daers, Tasst notices the minor signs of alarms and stops his comrade, pointing them out. He then waits patientialy, scanning the horizon, blaster rifle in hand, as Daers disables the alarm and opens the vent. Peering inside, Tasst grimaces and waves the rest of the group over, covering them as they come to the vent.

Sorry, site's been wonky for me.

Winged One
2008-03-17, 11:22 PM
Alex

Instead of doing nothing like usual, the fake detonite is going to cover him in whatever I can find that will make him stink persistently. Alex decides at the latest mockery(or so that's how she sees it). ["Because the catalog lists what systems each exhaust system is meant for."] She says with just as little humor as before. That's a gross simplification, of course: she could recognize the system from any number of sources(only some of which actually list that or could be accurately described as catalogs), extrapolate what is on the other side from a combination of sources, or maybe even just be able to figure it out on her own by knowing the principles involved.
[roll0]
[roll1]

WrathOfLife
2008-03-18, 12:12 AM
Noodo

Moving to form up with the others after completing his sweep, Noodo glances at the tracks, then glances up at Alex.

Huttese

"The loudest sound draws the most fire"

Before turning to the LT

"Sir, no sign of hostiles in the area, however there are tracks indicating this may be one of there patrol routes. Suggest a couple of men wait in ambush incase they come while we have a man down the vent."

Rane126
2008-03-18, 12:58 AM
Myles

Myles conducts the sweep in silence, no need to talk, no need to risk unwanted attention to their presence with radio chatter. Joining the others at the vent he keeps his focus outwards from it, watching, willing to let others inspect the vent. If the LT. wants his opinion based on his mechanical background they'll ask for it. In the meantime it usually pays to stay alert

lawful_evil
2008-03-18, 05:48 AM
As the sweep complete, James and the rest of the left flank arrive at the vent. When told about the tracks, the LT checks them out and says, "Drat! We'd better keep an eye on the area in case the patrol comes this way." He switches to comms, [Serrik, take over for Tinn. Watch the base and the surrounding area while we go in.]

He looks down in the vent and says to Alex, "Here is your chance to find out for sure what is in there."

He looks around and orders, [Tinn, come on down. Bring Serrik's cable dispenser.]

The LT says, "Okay, Alex first, then Noodo. Check it out. Use the cable. Don't give away our position. If there is anyone on the other end, come on back."

The LT says to the rest of the team, "Hopefully this is the exhaust port from the power generator. Once they clear, the way, we'll all head in. Lets try to keep it quiet for now."

Quixotico
2008-03-18, 10:00 AM
[Yessir.] Tinn picks himself up and goes about the business of bringing Serrik's cable dispenser down to the group. Quickly making his way to the vent, he hands off the cable with a smirk. Now, don't ya get too comfortable down there.

Winged One
2008-03-18, 01:19 PM
Alex

Alex nods, then takes part of the liquid cable and starts climbing down the vent, bracing against the wall, after a good look at the exposed surface. She also looks at the inside of the vent as she descends, and, if she can't already tell by the time she gets to the bottom of the straight shaft, stands on the 45-degree angled part and looks down.

Take 10 on Climb for 10. I believe that I rolled some Knowledge checks earlier?

WrathOfLife
2008-03-18, 05:16 PM
Noodo

Moving towards the vent to provid cover, Noodo stews over the LT's orders. He doesn't like me, maybe he doesn't like me talking in Huttese. As Alex slides down the rope, Noodo slings his rifle over his shoulder and grabs a good hold of the rope before sliding down as close to Alex as he can. Being as quiet as he can.

Taking 10 on climb for a total of 15
[roll0]

Winged One
2008-03-18, 05:50 PM
Alex is smarter than me, more sneaky than me, and better at listening then I am at reading something for detail. I respectfully submit that she would think to be quiet even though I didn't.
[roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-03-18, 06:04 PM
Alex climbs down into the warm moist air of the vent, followed closely by Noodo. The warm air is somewhat comforting after the cold dry air of the surface. The vent descends 3 meters straight down and then another 3(vertical) meters at a 45 degree angle. It stops at a vent grate, similar to the exterior one.

Through the vent can be heard a low humming with a pulsing 'wump' sort of noise every 13 seconds. Through the grate, Alex can see a tunnel, about 5 meters across that extends out of her visual range to the left and right. Down through the middle of the tunnel is a long device of some sort of lights running its length from left to right. When the 'wump' happens, a pulse of bluish light comes off the device moving from left to right.

The tunnel seems to have walkways on either side of this long thin device with about a 1 meter gap between the edge of the walkway and the device.

The way the device is oriented with the surface, the left tunnel would seem to run directly toward the buildings on the surface. Alex and Noodo don't see or hear anyone walking, talking, patrolling in the tunnel.

Side View (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/cross.jpg)

Winged One
2008-03-18, 07:19 PM
Alex

What is the pulsing device(from seeing it)? If you want a new Knowledge(technology) roll, take 10 for 20.

If Alex can't tell what the pulsing device does by sight, she searches for alarms or traps on the grate, disabling any she finds with the security kit that she keeps in a hidden compartment of her regular tool kit. If anyone can see her face, she seems to be concentrating on her task for once. Once she is certain that it is safe to do so, she starts taking the grate off, using either a hydrospanner from her tool kit if she can reach any screws or fasteners, a fusion cutter from her tool kit after putting on some goggles from the same if the grate is made of durasteel or something too hard to be cut with a vibrodagger, or a vibrodagger from a sheathe that she keeps up her left sleeve if it is made from somehting soft enough to be cut without fusion cutters. If the grate can't be opened without completely detaching it from the end of the vent, she mesh tapes it to a wall of the vent(if that won't be too obstructive to the others' climbing down) or to the nearby ceiling(if it would be), assuming that it is light enough for mesh tape to hold it in place indefinitely. If the grate is connected on hinges or something similar, she mesh tapes it open so that someone doesn't bump it or something, again assuming that the grate is light enough for mesh tape to hold it open indefinitely. If the grate is just locked, she does whatever is appropriate to bypass the lock. If any of these assumptions(her needing to examine the pulsing device to know what it does, her being able to disable any alarms or traps she notices without triggering them, and the grate weighing little enough to be indefinitely supported by mesh tape) are incorrect, she does something else, depending on which of those assumptions are incorrect(though she might do them later anyway).
Yes, I am used to playing with the most anal-retentive GM ever. Sorry. Take 10 on Perception to search for traps and/or alarms for 16. Take 10 on Mechanics for 20 to disable any alarms and/or traps unless they count as an electronic security system instead of a mechanical or electronic device, in which case I will roll it. Take 10 for 20 on any Mechanics checks needed to open the grate.

lawful_evil
2008-03-18, 08:24 PM
Alex finds that the inner grate is neither locked, nor trapped, nor wired with sensors like the outer grate was. The grate simply snaps into place and with a bit of shove, slips out of place. Alex easily pushes out the grate, being sure to grab it so it does fall to the walkway below. After climbing into the tunnel, she decides to just set the grate down next to the opening, as there is plenty of room.

The tunnel seems to be at least a kilometer long. It looks to be about 5 meters in diameter the whole way down, or at least as far as Alex can see. This glowing blinking device runs the whole length of the tunnel. Every 20 meters or so, metal braces from the ceiling support its bulk. The 'wump' sound and light show seems to start way down the tunnel and travel down to this point. The tunnel is quite warm, the heat seems to radiate from the device.

Turning around, to the right, the tunnel only goes for another 30 meters or so and stops. At the far end, the walkway hooks around to the far side.

Winged One
2008-03-18, 09:14 PM
Alex
Alex beckons for Noodoo to follow her down, and examines the device in nondestructive ways until she knows what it is. She suspects that it may be a power conduit.

Take 10 on Knowledge(technology) or Mechanics for 20 to see if she's right. Also, take 10 on Knowledge(technology) for 20 to be able to extrapolate the direction of the power supply if this is the power conduit(I suspect that it's the direction the pulses are coming from, but Alex probably knows more about it than I do).

WrathOfLife
2008-03-18, 11:10 PM
Noodo

Glancing down at Alex with increasing uneasy, Noodo wonders why Alex is just standing around. Diciding that she knows best, but still liking his own skin, Noodo will hang in the vent to for 14 seconds to see how the "Wamp" reacts with Alex.

If she's uninjured by the wamp, Noodo will hop down and move 30 meters to where the tunnel stops and glances down the walkway that way (using it for cover), with blaster rifle back in hand.

If she IS injuried by the wamp, Noodo will hop down and move 30 meters to where the tunnel stops and dives around the corner on the walkway, blaster rifle in hand.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-18, 11:11 PM
Tasst

Watching the two climb down the shaft, Tasst takes up a defensive position and scans the horizon for threats.

[roll0] to note anything of interest.

lawful_evil
2008-03-19, 05:38 AM
Down Under

The 'wump' seems to have no effect on Alex at all. Just as soon as it is done, the blue light starts again at the far end of the kilometer long room. It races across the distance, reaching this end in 13 seconds(or so). The walkways which flank this device for a really long "U" with the device in the middle.

Noodo moves around to the far side of the device while Alex examines it. The power source, is obviously down the tunnel. Alex checks out the device and isn't sure of its exact specifications, but it seems to be a large sensor. Based on her knowledge and what she is seeing, sensor is probably one of many(probably 4, 6 or 8).

Up Top

The LT stands peering into the exhaust vent, listening for further information from the team. He has the team spread out a little, so that they aren't all clustered right at the vent(just in case).

WrathOfLife
2008-03-19, 07:26 AM
Noodo

Clearing the area around the corner with a glance, Noodo jumps on his comlink. [Area clear, appears to be an underground way to get to main base. Seems to be some kind of light tunnel. Alex might know more.]

Moving to stand next to Alex and cover her, Noodo keeps a sharp look out for any signs of enemies.

Quixotico
2008-03-19, 09:45 AM
Tinn

Sounds like our lucky day, hoy? Tinn grins a bit, and takes another look to the horizon, as if expecting the statement to suddenly become untrue.

[roll0] and if the result is less than 17, reroll.
[roll1]

Winged One
2008-03-19, 04:04 PM
Alex
Alex takes her personal comlink out, sets it to the squad's frequency, and says ["There's a sensor down here, but I'm not quite sure what it's for. There's probably at least three more of them."]

Can Alex tell if the sensor is currently detecting some trace of her by taking 10 on the appropriate checks?

Rane126
2008-03-19, 09:57 PM
Myles

Myles spreads out as directed, still covering the group at the vent.

lawful_evil
2008-03-20, 06:33 AM
The LT nods as the report comes in. He then looks around and says, "Myles, help Alex check this thing out. Want to make sure it isn't a threat before we all go do there. Tasst, you and Noodo secure the room down there." The LT says to everyone else(Daers and Tinn), "If this works out, we'll try to access they're power grid and disable it. Get ready to go in."

As an afterthought James sends a message to Serrik to let him know the rest of the team will be going in, while he guards the ship and keeps an eye on the base.

{{ Based on the size of the sensor, its probably intended to detection information at an extreme range. The diameter of the device allows Alex to pinpoint the energy signature frequency it is looking for. Subspace 'Ka' band energy, about 35 Ghz. As far as Alex knows, that band of energy frequencies isn't really used by anyone.

It probably can't detect Alex(too small/close/wrong energy/etc). }}

Winged One
2008-03-20, 12:37 PM
Alex

["Anyway, I don't think it can detect us. We're way too close and nobody uses the frequency it's set up to look at for anything anyway."] Alex says into the comlink. So what's the point of it? They wouldn't have bothered installing it down here if it had just been built because it's fun to build things.

Rane126
2008-03-20, 08:56 PM
Myles

Myles slings his rifle and climbs down the rope, pausing at the grate, but seeing Noodo waving him in slips onto the walkway. Unslinging his rifle he makes his way towards Alex. "Ok Alex, what have we got here? A sensor, but we're too small for it to pick us up. I guess this was supposed to be a listening post so it's hardly a surprise. Let's make sure it's not a threat to us all."

Take 10 on the climb down for 13.

Mechanics check [roll0]

Winged One
2008-03-20, 09:23 PM
Alex
"What's your rank? I need to know what to say before 'Obvious' when I'm talking about you." Alex says in her usual biting tone. Despite her attitude, she does help him examine the device for himself.

Alex has Mechanics high enough that she doesn't need to roll for the check to Aid Another and give Myles +2 to his roll as it's just DC 10.

lawful_evil
2008-03-21, 06:15 AM
After Alex finally provides more details about what she knows or has guessed about the device, Myles realizes what it is for. The massive hyperdrives on capital ships release pulses of energy at about 35 Ghz. The room which houses the machinery is shielded to contain most of the energy, but some leaks out here and there. This sensor must be setup to detect that. If you can find the other sensors Alex/Myles could calculate the exact range of the scanner. Of course, it requires power to work. Lots of power.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-21, 06:45 AM
Tasst

Saluting the LT, Tasst grabs the rope and climbs down after Myles. Upon reaching the bottom, he takes his blaster rifle back out and scans the room before moving in, taking up a position between the rest of the group and the long end of the tunnel.

"Such pretty lights we have down here," he comments to the others with a sarcastic grin.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-21, 07:48 AM
Noodo

Glancing up as if asking some higher being for help, Noodo shuts his eyes for a few moments pretending that the LT would send a trooper with his mind on the mission.

After sighing loudly, Noodo looks back at Tasst.
"Well come on then, lets set up a decent safe zone around this area."

Moving out slowly and carefully, Noodo clears out an area around 50 feet ahead of the group, then taps Tasst on the shoulder and signals him to stay put at this location before back tracking and setting himself up 50 feet behind the main group.

Not going to bother with stealth while traveling with Tasst, but will when he manages to find a reason to leave him behind.
Will probably have to go around the corner the bend in the walk way, so Noodo will use the walls for cover where ever possable and will be moving slowly for good stealth rolls.
[roll0] if less than 20 than
[roll1] if less than 20 than
[roll2]
[roll3]

Rane126
2008-03-21, 12:45 PM
Myles

As they work together, Myles taking Alex's helpful input on the technical details she's discerned into his own determination, he replies to her question. "I'm a private Alex. Well, not private Alex, I'm private Myles. But that doesn't mean you get to talk down to me, we're a team, we need to be working together and look out for each other. Using this tone with others doesn't foster that, Alex.

Now, that said, thank you for your help on this. Your observations lead me to believe this is a hyperspace detector able to scan capital ships in transit. You said there were probably other sensor arrays? If we could find them then we should be able to calculate the range of this listening station. Let's get back to the others and report."

Winged One
2008-03-21, 02:48 PM
Alex

Alex blinks a few times and says "Oh, right. Sorry, I'm used to everyone just being out for themselves." There's an awkward silence unless Myles decides to fill it, then she stands up a bit straighter and says, "There's probably at least 3 more, and maybe as many as 8 total."

Rane126
2008-03-21, 03:13 PM
Myles

Myles turns and smiles at Alex, "That's ok Alex. But you're in the squad now, we're here for you. There's no need to be defensive with us, treat your squad mates right and you will always be able to count on them being there for you.

3 to eight more arrays?" Myles does some mental calculations. "That'd mean this thing has some impressive range"

Myles leads the way back to the entry grate to report their finding to James.

I avoided stating a specific range but they should be able to calculate a min / max based on Alex's assumptions of totals of 4 to 8 sensor arrays as part of the report back to the squad.

Winged One
2008-03-21, 03:27 PM
Alex
Alex looks somewhat skeptical. "Where do you get your spice, and how can I get some of whatever you're on?" She asks, though there's a bit of genuine humor to the question that wasn't present before. She corrects him about the arrays. "3 to 7 more, or 4 to 8 total...remind me to get their sensor log and see if they picked up the Wedoota coming in."

lawful_evil
2008-03-21, 07:37 PM
Tasst and Noodo cover the long tunnel while Myles and Alex kid around. When the LT gets the report he says, "I doubt its a trap, but tactically, we are very exposed as we move down the tunnel towards the base. If we encounter any resistance we will need to take them out before they can call for help. Hopefully the ambient noise in from that sensor will drown out any weapons fire. If we can't get to the power source without a much of a fight, we'll need to back track and take out the antenna first."

The LT orders, [Serrik, keep watch up top.], "Tinn and Daers, follow me. Tasst and Noodo take point. Stay about 40 meters ahead of us. Everyone may want to pull out their weapon with the longest range."

The LT climbs down into the vent shaft and soon joins Myles and Alex at the device. "That is one big sensor. At least, they can't really aim it."

Seeing that you could, if you wanted to, climb down under the sensor and cross from side to side, James doesn't really care what side people line up on, but orders, "Daers and Tinn, you two in front. Myles and Alex have rear guard."

Vent Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Vent.jpg)

Rane126
2008-03-21, 08:51 PM
Myles

"Yessir!" Myles drops back and crosses to the other side of the tunnel so he an Alex have rearguard on opposite sides. He gives Alex a grin as he cradles his rifle and moves out, following the others up the tunnel.

Meynolds
2008-03-21, 08:56 PM
Daers

Daers comes down with the Lt. When ordered, he moves to an advanced position, peering through his scope. "Tinn, which side will you take?" He moves to whichever side Tinn isn't.

Quixotico
2008-03-22, 12:45 AM
Tinn

"I'll go by Noodo." Tinn hefts his light repeating blaster and replaces one of the frag grenades with a stun grenade. We're in some pretty tight space here. I'd best play it safe, should worst comes ta worst. Crossing over to Noodo, he gets into a lower stance, blaster rifle at the ready. "All set, sir."

Winged One
2008-03-22, 12:54 AM
Alex

"Okay, boss." Alex says. She starts walking with the rest of the squad once they begin.

lawful_evil
2008-03-22, 08:42 AM
The team proceeds down the tunnel. Noodo and Tasst on point, with most everyone else about 45 meters behind(30 squares). The tunnel is one long tunnel. The team feels like its covered at least half a km already and the tunnel still seems to go on and on.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-22, 06:11 PM
Noodo

Seeing somthing further ahead Noodo rases a hand then sends some blank static before whispering into the comm set

["Contact, unknown, approx 345 meters out. My effective range is half that."]

With that Noodo holds postion scoped up, with eyes on target keeping a watch for movement, while awaiting orders.

Holocron Coder
2008-03-23, 05:15 PM
Tasst

Tasst stops at Nodoo's alert, squinting up ahead before signaling the comm as well. "Another contact as well, up ahead. Looks noncombative, possibly a techie."

He steps to the side of the tunnel, hugging the sides to avoid any notice.

Rane126
2008-03-24, 12:22 PM
Myles

Trailing the group along the one side Myles stops when the contacts are called. He remains vigilant to the rear, trusting the others to deal with forward threats.

Quixotico
2008-03-24, 01:29 PM
Tinn

Stopping when the information comes in, Tinn gets down lower and hugs the wall.

Winged One
2008-03-24, 05:10 PM
Alex
["You sure you two aren't talking about the same person?"] Alex whispers into the comlink, drawing her blaster quickly and setting it to stun in just as little time as she asks this.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-24, 08:28 PM
Noodo

Moving forward slowly, Noodo sighs softly and gets on the comm again ["Two seperate contacts, working at consoles, any Techie is a target, as they might repair the damage we do, now cut the chatter."]

Noodo rases his rifle and begins to sight up for a shot, which he will wait for LT to confirm before taking at 140 squares.

lawful_evil
2008-03-25, 06:05 AM
The LT frowns and finally orders, [Understood. Everyone continue to move up quietly. When Noodo gives the signal, Tasst and Noodo will take out the targets. Once they fire, Tinn and Daers, will rush forward with them to secure that end of the tunnel.]

Noodo and Tasst continue to close on the two techies, who don't seem to have noticed them yet. Range is now 94 squares(141 meters).

{{ Noodo can signal, then he and Tasst can fire. Everyone else is at about 122 squares(183 meters).}}

Holocron Coder
2008-03-25, 06:57 AM
Tasst

Signaling understanding, Tasst comments to Nodoo over the comm, "My effective range is about forty-five meters with my rifle. More with the canon."

Making the obvious conclusion, Tasst readies his heavy blaster rifle and gradually walks down the tunnel, sticking to shadows where possible.

That's a 30 square range

[roll0]
(Wow... now only if that was my attack roll :smallamused:)

WrathOfLife
2008-03-25, 09:09 AM
Noodo

Turning to stare at Tasst in disbelief Noodo begins to consider shooting him. Before remembering the whole Same team issue. I'll put it on my to do list

Grumply replying to Tasst over the comms ["Well, use the cannon and fire from you're max effective range. I do not want them to be awear of us and remember their more or less standing still. We'll shoot off of your signal"]

Noodo edges forward following Tasst, making sure neither techy notices the team.

Shooting on Tassts signal, still going stealth via last stealth roll (the lame 14) I'll also shoot my target should either target look up at us.
Spending swift action to aim.
Now watch me miss after paying out Tasst.
[roll0]
Assuming hit
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-03-25, 09:34 AM
Hearing the conversation, the LT interjects, [No! No explosives. No cannon. If someone is nearby the machine sounds may mask the blaster fire, but there is no way they'd miss cannon fire.] Hearing the team concerned about their success chances, the LT orders, [Daers and Tinn, move up with them. One fires from a standing position, the other from a kneel. Everyone coordinate so you shoot at the same moment.]

Quixotico
2008-03-25, 01:12 PM
["Yessir. On my way, Noodo."] Tinn moves as quietly as he can up to Noodo, stopping a step to the rodian's side and back, keeping low. He lays two fingers on Noodo's shoulder and gives a thumbs up, then braces his blaster and aims carefully at the tech ahead of him, waiting for a a fire order or for Noodo to fire first.

[roll0]

2 swift actions one round to Aim. (Ignore cover bonus)
2 swift actions after that to Brace the light repeating blaster rifle.
Attacking with Burst Fire. (-2 for Burst Fire, -5 for Medium Range) Using a Force point.

[roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3] (Treat target's Damage Threshold as 5 lower)

Meynolds
2008-03-25, 06:29 PM
Daers

[Yessir.] He moves up behind Tinn in a standing position. He takes aim through his scope. He waits until the proper moment before firing his (unfortunately somewhat loud) slugthrower.

Attack - [roll0] + [roll1] (Using Force Point)
Damage - [roll2]

Holocron Coder
2008-03-26, 06:39 AM
Tasst

In reply, [As the LT pointed out, the canon's a bit too loud, even if the range is further. I can attempt the shot from any range, I'm just mentioning by best range.]

Moving up at an equal distance with the other three, Tasst aims his rifle a few moments, the fires on signal.

2 swift actions to aim, ignoring cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-03-26, 08:07 PM
The team sneaks forward and forward, hopeful they'll be able to close the range gap to something more reasonable. At about 70 squares(105 meters), The techie on the left glances down the hall at Tasst and then does a double take. You've been spotted.

Tasst fires, even with the extra distance manages to hit the technician in the chest, who collapses back against the wall. Hearing him fire, Noodo fires a quick shot, but misses and Tinn opens up on the poor technician. His barrage kills the man splattering blood all over the place. Daers manages to keep his weapon fully loaded as there is nothing left to shoot at.

The LT quickly order, [Move up. Double time. Secure that end of the tunnel.] He starts running forward with everyone else just in case.

As the team moves up, they find the end of the tunnel contains a bunch of computers and a metal door covered with a strange metallic-alloy mesh.

{{ Not sure how you like to handle exp... I tend to build it up and give it in chunks. When I do, I'll post it to the OOC thread. }}

Rane126
2008-03-26, 08:42 PM
Myles

Myles continues to watch to the rear, moving fast to keep up with the rest of the group after they deal with the two technicians. He doesn't pause as he runs past the bodies but takes a moment to marvel at the mess Tinn made. As they reach the end of the corridor he crouches down, sighting along his rifle back in the direction of the grate they entered by.

Winged One
2008-03-26, 08:51 PM
Alex
Alex runs with the team toward the end of the tunnel, then holsters her blaster when they arrive at the computer room. She makes sure the techs were logged in when they died, and checks what they were doing. If it's not something she needs to immediately start doing herself for the deaths to go unsuspected, she attempts to slice into admin access.

[roll0] If the computer is Friendly(treats them as authorized users) to the techies and they didn't manage to log off before they died, add the computer's INT bonus as an equipment bonus to this check. DC is computer's Will defense. I may choose to expend a Force point on this check depending on the roll.

Quixotico
2008-03-26, 08:54 PM
Tinn is up and sprinting as the LT finishes the final syllable of "double." As he realizes the tunnel ends, he slows to a steady walk, rifle aimed squarely at the door should something enter to investigate. He takes a knee, waiting for an order.

Heh. Poor sod. Didn't have a chance.

[roll0] and if the result is less than 17, reroll:
[roll1]

(( LE, don't matter to me regarding XP. If you never mentioned a numeric value and instead just let us know when we've leveled, I'd be perfectly happy. ))

Winged One
2008-03-26, 08:59 PM
If the computer is Indifferent(guest or visitor access), Unfriendly(no access) or Hostile(tries to trace location and isolate connection), then I will spend a force point on that check. If it is Friendly, even a natural 5(Hail Gygax!) should do it with Alex's superior intellect, and if it's Helpful(admin access) then there's no point in this check anyway. If she can't tell what level of access they had, then I'll spend a force point.
[roll0]

Holocron Coder
2008-03-27, 06:28 AM
Tasst

Following the LT's order, Tasst hustles down to the edge of the tunnel and stands ready. He quickly glances around to ensure that there are no more hostiles before standing guard.

[roll0]

However you feel like doing XP, I'm fine with :smallsmile:

WrathOfLife
2008-03-27, 09:03 AM
Noodo

Moving forward with the others, Noodo helps to secure the area all the while appearing outwardly calm. Inside however, Noodo is furious.

First shot of the day and I miss, its like basic all over again.

lawful_evil
2008-03-27, 08:16 PM
The team secures the tightly pack room at the end of the tunnel. No one is around, the two techies are dead, lying on the floor. They aren't quite human, but close. Their species seems to have two small horns mixed into their hair above their eyes and their skin is slightly more orange than normal humans.

Alex moves up, hopeful she can work some magic on the computers. However, they don't seem to be that kind of computer. These seem to be dedicated signal processing computer or perhaps massive servers or perhaps a large disk farm.

None of the computer have keyboards, screens or any sort of interface devices. Several of them have small screens about 6cm by 10cm in size which display cpu, disk, and load statistics. Tapping buttons on the consoles she can see the last 24 hours of recorded statistics, but nothing else. The computers are all interconnected and are connected to that massive sensor. There is also a large bundle of wires that feed up into the ceiling.

Tasst and Tinn are quite jumpy as they can hear footsteps and voices outside the door. It sounds like its a major hallway with several people walking to and fro. Mixed in with relatively soft foot noises are quite a few heavy booted individuals, probably Gamorreans.

Quixotico
2008-03-28, 09:52 AM
Keeping his eye and rifle on the door, Tinn makes a hushed sound and signals everyone to be quiet. He points at the door and speaks softly into his comm. ["Hoy. We have multiple targets behind the door."] Tinn gives an estimate of the number he thinks he hears through the comm. ["Some heavy steppers, too. Gamorreans, maybe. What's the order?"]

lawful_evil
2008-03-28, 05:11 PM
The LT frowns and says, [We are sort of stuck. If we just move on, then someone is sure to notice and raise the alarm and the game is over. If we head back, chances are someone will find the bodies before we can take out the antenna and... game over.]

The LT looks at the bodies and the squad members and offers, [Anyone want to try to disguise themselves at these techies and do a little unarmed scouting?] Obviously Tasst, Noodo, Daers, and Tinn are out. He looks to Alex and Myles, [Any one have a camouflage kit or something we can use to make their skin a little more orange so they'll blend in better?]

He looks around and says, [Noodo, check to see where those comm-cable in the ceiling lead to. Maybe we can get up in the ceiling.] Seeing the computers, he suggests, [Daers, see if you can get the back panel on one of the big ones open. Maybe you can wires yourself in a connection seeing as their user interfaces are quite insufficient.]

He looks around again and again finally offers, [Anyone got a better idea, let me know.]

Rane126
2008-03-28, 06:19 PM
Myles

Seeing that there's really nothing following them along the sensor tunnel Myles glances down to his tool kit and pulls out a small tube of grease. "Sir. This might work. It's grease but it'll give an orange hue. I am not very deceptive and sneaky, but I can likely pull off being a techie. Maybe I can make my way to the communications array and plant a charge?"

OOC Myles isn't going to be able to rely on sneak rolls or deception rolls but he should be able to fake being a tech based on his mechanic skill.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-28, 10:23 PM
Noodo

Listening in on LT's orders, Noodo begins trying to find where the cables go to. If given the chance Noodo will slide up into the ceiling if there is a crawl space.

Once up in the crawl space Noodo goes back into stealth mode.
[roll0]

Quixotico
2008-03-29, 12:23 PM
["We should probably hide the bodies, hoy?"] Tinn says, still intent upon the door. ["Ot'er then that, if one of ya can get a proper disguise and lead a few of those on the ot'er side in here, we could jump them, take them out away from the crowd."]

Winged One
2008-03-29, 03:28 PM
Alex
"Boss, these computers are connected to at least one other one through those cables in the ceiling. How about I see if any of the computers it's connected to have a floor plan or anything on them before we risk going out there?" She takes her datapad out along with any necessary cables and tools from her tool kit needed to connect the datapad as an interface for these computers. "And yeah, let's hide the bodies so it isn't obvious that we're here and that we've been killing people to someone who hasn't come in and let the door close." If James doesn't insist on her going out there, she connects to the computer with her datapad, slices into it, and attempts to access the network.

Take 10 on any Mechanics checks to connect for 20. If the computer isn't Hostile, take 10 on all Use Computer to improve access up to Helpful for 26(datapad's INT bonus is +1)-attitude penalty. If the computer is hostile, I'll roll and probably use a force point for the check to improve it to Unfriendly. Once the computer is Helpful, take 10 on Use Computer to access information for 25+this computer's INT bonus or 1, whichever is higher. As stated before, all of this is contingent on James agreeing to let her take a look at things before he starts sending people out there.

Meynolds
2008-03-29, 04:20 PM
Daers

Daers walks over to the closest one of the large computers, bringing out his tool kit and datapad when there. He attempts to open the back, after carefully checking for any kind of trap. After doing so, he creates a direct access using the cables from his tool kit and attaching them to his datapad. He then attempts to improve his access to the computers files if he can't access files already, eventually to attempt accessing maps of the building (and to copy them onto the datapad).

Perception check for traps - [roll0]
Mechanics check to remove back - Taking 10 for 20
Mechanics check to establish connection - Taking 10 for 20
Use computer to improve access if worse than indifferent - Taking 10 for 21, apply negative modifiers according to computer's attitude.
Use computer to find maps - Taking 10 for 21

lawful_evil
2008-03-30, 03:44 PM
The LT says, "Yes. Drag the bodies over into that corner where they won't be visible from the door. Wipe up the blood on the floor." The LT does a double take when he looks at the body and says, "Grab his datapad too, it might help Daers and Alex hack in."

Noodo climbs up and pops up the ceiling panel. Looking around inside he discovers a hanging rack about 1.5 meter square with several small cables running along the bottom. Looks like plenty of space up there, assuming you are short or don't mind squatting.

The LT address Myles and his grease and says, "Yes, that might work. Lets hold off on that till we find out what the computer has to say. Pull the uniforms off those bodies... just in case."

Daers and Alex get the computer open and check out the insides. This computer had tons of processing power, memory, and network connections. Working together Daers and Alex tap in and find the computer immediately complains about their login(hostile).

[roll0] (15+1+2-10) +
[roll1] Against DC 18

Having succeeded in spoofing the system, Daers cancels the trace/lockout while Alex adjusts the login privileges. A few moments later the computer all but asks how it can help. Daers brings up a map of the facility. The LT looks over his shoulder and asks for to display the power/wiring conduits. The map shows the conduit overhead can be used to get nearly into the heart of the complex.

He says, "Good teamwork." He turns away to ponder the future and says to Myles, "Looks like we won't need that grease after all."

The LT comes up with a plan. "Everyone up into the conduit. A couple hundred meters 'that way' and we will be just outside the main power generator room. We drop through the ceiling and storm the room. Once we capture the room, we disconnect power to the antenna and rig the generator to overload. We then rush back down the hall and out the way we came in."

Winged One
2008-03-30, 06:23 PM
Alex
"Wow, I'm on a team that actually helps instead of fething things up. I could get used to this." Alex says with a smile when Daers proves competent enough to save her the bother of getting rid of the trace and lockout.

After James comes up with his plan, Alex looks for a faster route out of the complex from the power generator area if someone goes and keeps the ship warmed up. She also looks for redundant power supplies that could ruin the plan, data on any guards in the power generator room, a way to disconnect power from the intersystem antenna and rig the generator to blow remotely in a way that can't be canceled from the generator room, evidence of someone noticing hers and Daers' slice, and a way to remotely kill or otherwise make incapable of sounding an alarm the people(if any) who noticed hers and Daers' slice. If she can't find any of these, she downloads the floor plan into her datapad just in case. If she can find only data on the guards, she downloads that to her datapad as well, and probably says something based on what the data shows. If she finishes doing all of this and nobody has yet complained about how much time she's taking, she also looks for easily-defrauded bank accounts while she's in the system.

Quixotico
2008-03-30, 06:41 PM
["Yessir."] Tinn backs up from the door, keeping an eye on it until he's in position, then starts climbing up to the conduit.

[roll0] and if the result is less than 19, reroll.
[roll1]

Meynolds
2008-03-30, 06:56 PM
Daers

Presuming both he and Alex have access to the system, he begins looking for a document on the shift rotation of the workers in the compound. If he finds it, he downloads it to his datapad via datachip, and from there proceeds on to searching for somewhat more technical information regarding the communications array: Specifically, a way to shut it down without need for loud explosions or mass murder. He downloads it to his datachip (or another one if it is full), and shows both ( if both can be found) documents to the Lt.

If only on is found, remove the bit referencing the other, if neither are found ignore the following:
"Sir, I've found some information you might find interesting. A shift rotation and a method of taking out the comm array without too much collateral damage."

Taking 10 using the computer's intelligence modifier.

lawful_evil
2008-03-30, 07:35 PM
Both Daers and Alex soon discover that this computer has very limited information. Nothing to do with workers, employees, payroll, security, redundant systems, etc. Even the floor plan maps that they do find are incomplete and only cover the portion of the facility relevant to this computer. That is.. where does its power come from and where does its data go to? Those locations are on the map, but almost nothing else. There are doors and other things which lead off the map and corridors which just seem to stop. The map seems like it was just enough so that someone could install this thing and wire it up, but nothing more. Probably a fragment left over from installation.

The computer does have billions of datapads worth of raw sensor data that it is processing, but not much else of interest. According to the specifications, which Alex and Daers do find, the command signals come in through one other computers. It would be possible to hack into that and disable this single sensor array, but someone would probably notice fairly quickly unless a fake data stream was also spoofed. In any case, you would need access to all of the sensor nodes to really turn off the system and if at any point someone raised the alarm, the transmission antenna would still be operational.

There is a diagram which shows the output of this sensor feeding into a main computer room down the hall across from the power generator. In the map fragment you can see 7 other data streams flowing into that command and control computer.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-30, 07:46 PM
Noodo

Glancing down from his place in the ceiling, Noodo smiles as the plan he was thinking of is almost perfectly echoed by the LT. Drawing his pistol and slinging his rifle over his back. Noodo starts to slowly scout ahead of the group, heading in the direction the LT pointed out.

Using stealth roll from when Noodo was going in ceiling panel to just explore.
Noodo will move ahead of the group around 50 feet or so.
[roll0] if total less than 20 than
[roll1] if total less than 20 than
[roll2]

Winged One
2008-03-30, 09:45 PM
Alex
"We might want to check the main computer room to see if the antenna has it's own power source or if there's one somewhere else here that they could plug it into. It's just down the hall from the generator room. It might still be a good idea to destroy the antenna itself so they can't jury-rig it with some other power supply." Alex points out. Once she's said that, she rifles through the pockets of the uniforms of the red-skinned aliens, then climbs into the wired area. Being only 1.5 meters tall herself, she finds it a bit uncomfortable since it's hard to shake the feeling that she could bump her head, but the discomfort doesn't seem to hinder her walking to the place near the power generator room. While she's walking, she reaches into her left armpit and takes out a concealed frag grenade. She also makes every effort not to give the squad's position away.

[roll0] +5(force point below)=18

Winged One
2008-03-30, 09:50 PM
[ooc]In the words of the ancient bards: ****. That. ****. [roll0]

Rane126
2008-03-31, 12:38 AM
Myles

Somewhat relieved that he won't be called upon to deceive the station staff Myles slips his tube of grease back into his tool kit. He strips one of the corpses of it's coveralls all the same. Bundling the overalls into his pack he climbs up into the crawls space after the others.

Take 10 on Climb for 13

lawful_evil
2008-03-31, 08:17 PM
Confident in his own ability to climb, the LT helps everyone else up into the crawlspace before climbing up there himself. His last orders, [Noodo, take the lead. Keep it quiet. Don't know how well sound travels in here.]

The team walks/crawls up and through the wiring conduits for more than 100 meters and then several other large bundles of wires join in and a little further down, they pass through a wall to the left. To the left is obviously the main power generator room.

Upon reaching the destination, the LT motions every towards the power generator side of the walkway. He obviously wants everyone to jump off the side of the walkway and down through the ceiling into the hallway below.

{{ Jump Check DC 15(you can take a 10) to avoid 1d6 damage }}
{{ You should also roll initiative and give me an idea of what roll you will fill, ie. cover fire, blow up the power generator, storm the command center, etc. }}

Meynolds
2008-03-31, 08:32 PM
Daers

Daers climbs into the crawlspace easily, but appears somewhat concerned about the jump. He jumps anyway, coming up in a crouch with his slugthrower at the ready.

Jump Check to avoid 1d6 damage - [roll0] (Damage on fail - [roll1])
Initiative - [roll2]
Providing cover fire, unless those disabling the core are injured, in which case disabling the power core.

Rane126
2008-03-31, 09:51 PM
Myles

Myles hesitates before taking the jump down, not liking the drop.

Jump check to avoid 1d6 damage [roll0]

Force point to aid jump check [roll1]

Damage if miss DC 15 [roll2]

Myles will go primary on blow up the generator, taking 10 to set the detonite and timer for a 22. With the demolitions talent this should increase the damage by +2 dice for 7d6. He'll set the explosive carefully but since the rules call for the DM to roll the result - reaching a DC 15 (+12 mod) will double the damage for up to 14d6.

Rane126
2008-03-31, 10:25 PM
Nice, I spend a force point to get the same result as if I took 10 and then eat max damage bah!

Also forgot to add initiative [roll0]

WrathOfLife
2008-03-31, 11:16 PM
Noodo

While waiting for the others to catch up to his point postion, Noodo switches out his pistol for his rifle, readying himself to go down.

Glancing over the others, Noodo makes up his mind as to where he'll be most useful in the battle, although his eyes linger on Alex for a moment or two. I wonder what she has in mind this time...

Readying himself Noodo jumps down after the meat shields, bring his rifle, before moving forward to help storm the command center.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] if total is less than 22 then
[roll3]

Quixotico
2008-03-31, 11:21 PM
Tinn

Planting a hand and swinging his body over with practiced ease, Tinn lands with his rifle at the ready to provide covering fire for those planting the explosives.

Take 10 on Climb for 18.

[roll0] and if the result is less than 17, reroll:
[roll1]

[roll2]

Winged One
2008-04-01, 12:11 AM
Alex

Alex jumps down and cringes from the inevitable rebound of kinetic energy. She manages not to make any noise or let go of her grenade, however.

She'll try to cut off the interstellar communications array's power by whatever means seems the most expedient. This might be by literally cutting power cables, by issuing the computer a command to no longer supply it any power, or by assisting Myles in setting up the bomb. The grenade is, of course, for killing people who get in her way. She's got Quick Draw if her blaster becomes more appropriate for some reason.

lawful_evil
2008-04-01, 05:56 PM
The team jumps down. Myles first comes crashing through the ceiling to land in a wide hallway lit with a bright, but ghostly, white light. The main hallway is about 50 meters long, with one side branch to the left. As the team hops down into the hallway, it triggers the sensors on the nearby doors causing them to whoosh open. Myles also discovers, when he turns around that the team nearly jumped down on top of some poor techie. Then the rest of the team jumps down, mostly through the hole Myles created... mostly.

Looking around there are several more techies of the same species and a couple Gamorreans down the hallway. When Tinn accidentally triggers the door to the Power Generation room, the door opens and a bright blue light floods the hallway. Inside the room is a massive spinning blue disk suspended in mid air spanning the whole room. Around the disk are several computer banks and lots of machinery which somehow converts this spinning marvel into electricity.

When Noodo lands, the door to the computer room opens, but the room has an extra layer of security which must be bypassed within a small inner room before access to the main computers is granted. The inner door is transparent and the computer room beyond can be seen.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
12 - Lt James

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(32 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(51 / 54 HP)
Tinn(52 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (23 / 23 HP)

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R1.jpg)

Holocron Coder
2008-04-01, 11:14 PM
Tasst

Landing in a crouch, Tasst quickly shoulders his rifle and fires at an immediately noticeable Gamorrean down the hallway. C'mon now... drop, you fat sithspawn, Tasst mutters mentally.

Sorry, very busy weekend... this coming week will be busy too. Hopefully I'll be able to post at least once a day in the meantime.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rane126
2008-04-02, 01:30 AM
Myles

Recovering from his inelegant entry Myles picks himself up quickly and catching sight of the startled tech attempts to land a fast jab.

To hit [roll0]

Damage if hit [roll1]

((Martial arts I and combat gloves))

Quixotico
2008-04-02, 01:31 PM
Tinn

Standing up from the landing, Tinn walks up between Daers and Tasst. Who's what? The power generator on his back emits a barely audible whine as he lets loose a volley of blaster fire at a group of humanoids down the hall.

Steps to grid T10 and autofire attack on Techie2 and Techie3 (Grid T21-U22). Attack at -5, a hit deals full damage, a miss deals half.

[roll0]
[roll1]

WrathOfLife
2008-04-03, 04:18 AM
Noodo

Glancing around quickly Noodo quickly notices that the command center will be all but impossable to assult, and moves to assult the Power generator snapping off a quick round as he enters.

moving to Q8, shooting O3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Meynolds
2008-04-04, 04:42 PM
Daers

After two seconds of recovery from the fall, Daers crouches and aims down the hall, aiming for the nearest hostile. After a quick move into closer range, he fires a shot from his slugthrower.

Move to S12
[roll0] (Crit - [roll1])
[roll2]

lawful_evil
2008-04-04, 06:17 PM
Round 2 :

Myles attempts to assault the startled techie, but he is just too fast for Myles to hit. Noodo rushes past Myles and the techie to get into the power generator room. The Techie swings at him with a hydrospanner, but misses. Once Noodo has moves, the Computer Control room door closes.

Daers steps up and fires at the nearest Gamorrean, hitting the fat oaf in the shoulder, spraying blood on the wall, but not enough to drop the pig. Tasst fires a supporting shot and also hits the Gamorrean, dropping the pig on his back.

Tinn steps up along side Tasst and really opens up on the techies down the hall, splattering the blood of both all over the place. Once Tinn moved away from the power room door, it slid closed with Noodo inside.

Alex, with her grenade, finds that her only target is adjacent to her and so she decides not to use the grenade on him.

The closer of the two Gamorreans ducks into the adjacent room while the Gamorrean with the pistol walks forward and fires a shot at Tinn, but misses his target.

The LT steps out of the middle of the hallway and fires a shot from his pistol into the nearby techie, dropping him to the ground. Halfway down the corridor, a Gamorrean, in an officer's uniform pokes his head around the corner to see what is going on and quickly withdraw's it.

The officer in the power generator room turns to see what shot him and upon doing so, hits a button on his console and stands up, drawing his slug-pistol.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
16 - Gamorreans
13 - Techies
12 - Lt James
9 - Officers
6 - Hutt

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(32 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(51 / 54 HP)
Tinn(52 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (23 / 23 HP)

Techies - Level 3 Non-Heroic
T1 (-5 / 4 HP)
T2 (-9 / 4 HP)
T3 (-8 / 5 HP)
T4
T5
T6
T7
T8

Gamorrean Guards - Level 1 Soldiers
G1 (-7 / 28 HP)
G2
G3

Hutt - Level 8 Non-Heroic
H1

Officer - Level 2 Noble
O1
O2
O3 (18 / 24 HP)
O4

{{ Even if the techies had lived, the range on the grenade is only 12 squares max and they were further. }}

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R2.jpg)

Rane126
2008-04-04, 10:56 PM
Myles

Wit ha brief nod to James who toasted the tech next to him, Myles steps into the Power generator room after Noodo. ((Assuming the door opens here)).

Hefting his rifle he takes a shot at the uniformed officer ahead of them.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

WrathOfLife
2008-04-05, 09:19 AM
Noodo

Seeing the officer press a button that can only be an alarm Noodo swears silently, before jumping onto the comm system. ["Our covers blown, we need to bring down there comms right now, stop messing around with the small fries and do somthing productive."] Noodo's misdirected anger at his own failure to get the kill he so badly needed fuels his radio transmission.

Taking careful aim, Noodo fires off a second round at the Officer.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Winged One
2008-04-05, 03:49 PM
Alex
With the tech in the hall dead after James taking him out after her stun blast that went wide due to her forgetting that her blaster was on stun, Alex rushes past Noodoo to where one of the techs can't hide behind his console. Once she's there, she raises the blaster, sets it to kill with a click from the TSS(Tatooine Standoff Switch), and blows his chubbamunching head off.
Move action: move to space 11Q.
Swift action: set blaster to kill.
Standard action: bust a cap shoot enemy T6
[roll0]+2 BAB +1 DEX +1 Point Blank Shot
[roll1] +1 heroic level +1 Point Blank Shot

Holocron Coder
2008-04-06, 12:58 AM
Tasst

Quickly targeting another adversary down the hall, Tasst fires.

Blaster Rifle at G3.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Quixotico
2008-04-06, 01:58 AM
Tinn

Noticing the shot taken at him then Gamorrean aiming the gun, he adjusts his aim. Muttering "Don't ya aim that at me." under his breath, he braces the blaster and pops off several shots directly at the guard.

Taking two swift actions to brace the blaster, then attacking G3 with Burst Fire. (Total of -2 to attack)

[roll0]
[roll1] Treat his Damage Threshold as 5 less.

Meynolds
2008-04-06, 10:50 AM
Daers

Seeing the Gamorrean go down, Daers switches his aim to the Gamorrean Officer around the corner.

Attack - [roll0] (Crit - [roll1])
Damage - [roll2]

lawful_evil
2008-04-06, 04:00 PM
Round 3 :

Myles moves into the power generator room and fires his rifle at the officer, striking him in the torso. The officer twists around from the blow, which results in him dodging the shot from Noodo.

Daers fires at the officer in the side hallway and just manages to clip him in the side. Tasst fires down the hall at the Gamorrean with the blaster pistol, but misses, his shot impacting the far wall. Tinn aims and fires a burst at the Gamorrean with the pistol, splattering the floor and ceiling with Gamorrean blood, but failing to kill the fat pig.

Alex follows Myles and Noodo into the power generator room and takes out the southern tech, spraying blood and orange brain matter all over the floor and console.

Down the hall, one of the Gamorrean's re-emerges with a blaster rifle and fires at Tinn, striking him in the leg(17 damage). At the same time, the door from section P14 opens and two more Gamorrean with rifles step through and fire. Lt James is hit in the torso and the second shot flashes past Daers' head. The Gamorrean with the blaster pistol moves up and dives to the floor, taking cover behind the body of one of the techies. From there, he fires a single shot at Tasst, striking him in the knee(11 damage)

The northern techie in the power generation room grabs a small slugthrowing pistol and fires at Noodo, but the shot misses. The officer at the far end of the power generation room also fires a small slug-throwing pistol at Noodo, striking the Rodian in the shoulder(10 damage). Lt James fires back at the two northern Gamorreans, missing. The officer in the side hallway, pulls further out of sight and just reaches around the corner to fire his pistol randomly at whoever is there. Not unexpectedly, he misses.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
16 - Gamorreans
13 - Techies
12 - Lt James
9 - Officers
6 - Hutt

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(22 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(40 / 54 HP)
Tinn(35 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (6 / 23 HP)

T1 (-5 / 4 HP)
T2 (-9 / 4 HP)
T3 (-8 / 5 HP)
T4
T5
T6
T7
T8

G1 (-7 / 28 HP)
G2
G3 (1 / 28 HP)
G4
G5

H1

Officer - Level 2 Noble
O1
O2
O3 (2 / 24 HP)
O4 (12 / 26 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R3.jpg)

WrathOfLife
2008-04-06, 06:06 PM
Noodo

Dropping to one knee Noodo sights up, doing his best to ignore the sharp pain in his shoulder. Squeezing off the shot, Noodo glances around to assess the situation infrount and behind him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Aimming to deal with any cover.

WrathOfLife
2008-04-06, 06:09 PM
Adding force point to attack roll

[roll0]

Total attack = 18

Meynolds
2008-04-06, 07:11 PM
Daers

Turning around in surprise at the near miss, Daers reacts by aiming and letting off a quick shot at one of the Gamorreans.

Aiming to negate cover due to allies in the way.
Attack - Aiming for G5 - [roll0] (Crit - [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Meynolds
2008-04-06, 07:13 PM
Adding a Force Point to that attack - [roll0]

Rane126
2008-04-06, 09:57 PM
Myles

Myles steps further into the room and takes a shot at the officer that is still standing. He takes in the blue swirl in the room and applies his mechanical know how to asses the best way to disable the power.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Take 10 on mechanics for 22 to see if Myles can come up with a way to disable the power without blowing them and the ship to kingdom come.

Quixotico
2008-04-07, 10:25 AM
Tinn

Muttering a Sullustese curse under his breath, Tinn shifts his focus to the newest threat. Doubling his support of his rifle, he fires off another burst of fire down the hall.

2 Swift actions to brace again, attacking G2 with Burst fire.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2008-04-08, 06:38 AM
Tasst

Letting out a series of ill-sounding hisses and clicks, Tasst unloads on the Gamorrean that hit him.

Attack on G3, using two swift to aim to negate cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-04-09, 06:20 PM
Round 4 :

Myles moves up and finishes off the officer in the power generation room. He drops and his weapon clatters to the floor. Noodo takes out the final techie, securing the power generator room. With the room secure Myles and Alex can focus on the power situation. Looks like, for now, you can simply shut off the power by commanding it on the officer's console and one of the techie consoles at the same time. Sensing the plan, Alex rushes deeper into the room to access the Officer's console.

Back in the hallways, Daers turns and fires at a Gamorrean, striking the oaf in the leg. Tasst opens up on the Gamorrean down the hallway, but only manages glancing blows. All the same, the wounded Gamorrean collapses, dead. Tinn directs his weapon at the Gamorrean even further down the hallway. The burst from Tinn's weapon, drops the Gamorrean in his tracks.

The two new Gamorreans fire. One just misses Tinn and the other does not just miss the LT. In fact, the shot hits Lt James in the chest, dropping in to the ground. The officer hiding around the corner makes no further visible actions.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
16 - Gamorreans
13 - Techies
12 - Lt James
9 - Officers
6 - Hutt

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(22 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(40 / 54 HP)
Tinn(35 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (-13 / 23 HP)

T1 (-5 / 4 HP)
T2 (-9 / 4 HP)
T3 (-8 / 5 HP)
T4
T5 (-12 / 16 HP)
T6
T7
T8

G1 (-7 / 28 HP)
G2 (-0 / 28 HP)
G3 (-8 / 28 HP)
G4 (15 / 28 HP)
G5

H1

Officer - Level 2 Noble
O1
O2
O3 (-16 / 24 HP)
O4 (12 / 26 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R4.jpg)

Quixotico
2008-04-09, 07:43 PM
Tinn

Seeing the LT drop, Tinn whirls around and puts the Gamorrean in his sights. "No..." Still bracing his gun tight, he unloads an extra long burst, the generator on his back going up a little in pitch. ["The LT is down! Repeat, the Lieutenant is down."]

Two swifts to Brace, attacking G5 with Burst Fire.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rane126
2008-04-09, 08:40 PM
Myles

Overcoming a creeping panic at the news that James is down Myles, the consummate professional soldier, tries to focus on the job at hand. He runs to the tech's station and prepares to enact his portion of the shutdown routine. "Before you shut down Alex, see if you can lock access to the power up routine on that console, then we can destroy it and lock the power off without too big a bang."

WrathOfLife
2008-04-10, 10:19 AM
Noodo

Moving to cover the door way on the off chance some one tries to charge past the defensive line outside, Noodo calmly speaks into the comm's again ["Tinn, is in command then, it changes nothing."]
Despite his calmness Noodo's face betrays concern at the loss of the LT, how many men could they afford to lose and still call the mission a success?

Quixotico
2008-04-10, 05:16 PM
["Hoy, right!"] Tinn says, having forgotten due to imminent distraction. ["Get the LT inta the generator room. Do what ya can for him. Get the power off."]

Meynolds
2008-04-10, 08:12 PM
Daers

[I'll provide cover fire, just get the LT to some degree of safety!] says Daers into a commlink. After saying this, he fires a shot into the left Gamorrean.

Attack - [roll0] (Crit - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Winged One
2008-04-10, 09:19 PM
Alex

Her mind filled with a rapid stream of profanity, Alex rushes to the console over the officer's dead body and attempts to send a power surge beyond the capacity of any reasonable surge protector to the interstellar communications antenna. Whether or not that is successful, she then attempts to lock everyone out of the power up routine in keeping with Myles' request, unless that's completely stupid, in which case she just tries to cut the power.
Move action: move to E8 so she can use the console.
Swift action thanks to Gimmick talent: issue routine command to try to send a power surge to the antenna.
Swift action thanks to Gimmick talent that replaces a standard action: issue routine command to make it impossible to turn the power back on once she cuts the power.

Rane126
2008-04-10, 09:51 PM
Myles

"Alex, if you can lock access then after we power down I'll rig a small explosive to destroy the console so it can't be powered up. Let me know when you are ready to power down, I suspect we have to operate the controls simultaneously."

Holocron Coder
2008-04-11, 06:38 AM
Tasst

Cursing some more, Tasst turns and fires at the Gamorrean behind him, holding down the trigger.

Rapid Shot (-2A, +1D) on G4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-04-11, 06:20 PM
Round 5 :

Myles rushes to get in position to shutdown the power once he sees Alex in position to do her half. Noodo steps back and aims, ready to take out any Gamorreans which enter the room.

Out in the hallway the blaster fire continues to echo down the hall as Daers blasts on of the Gamorreans. Tasst fires an energy stream at the other Gamorrean, cutting down the fat pig. Tinn assists Daers in cutting down the Gamorrean on the left side of the hallway.

Alex leaps over the body of the officer and begins to issue commands to the power console. Her first attempt to overload the antenna fails as she finds that power isn't distributed to individual devices like that. The complex is divided into two zones, the sensor array and everything else. In addition, the power distribution seems based on a 'pull' system instead of a 'push' system.

Without knowing more about the power system, and having time to poke around and see whats what, Alex isn't sure how to disable anyone from starting back up. She can disable logins, but that will only slow them down. While her fingers fly, Myles is trying in vain to shutdown the power, but he keeps being told that the the command must be issued from two consoles.

Echoing down the corridor is a heavy metallic clanking thunk, like a massive droid walking or some sort of beast with metal boots or something. The sound indicate that 'it' is getting closer.

Then, from the other direction, from Section 14P, the door slides open again and half a dozen men in blast helmets and vests, with uniforms matching the Gamorreans, are standing there. They are armed with blaster pistols and all begin shooting through the narrow doorway. Their aim seems really off. They must be very nervous or scared. One of the shots was almost close, but most hit the floor or ceiling.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
16 - Gamorreans
13 - Techies
12 - Lt James
9 - Officers
7 - Human Troopers
6 - Hutt

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(22 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(40 / 54 HP)
Tinn(35 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (-13 / 23 HP)

T1 (-5 / 4 HP)
T2 (-9 / 4 HP)
T3 (-8 / 5 HP)
T4
T5 (-12 / 16 HP)
T6
T7
T8

G1 (-7 / 28 HP)
G2 (-0 / 28 HP)
G3 (-8 / 28 HP)
G4 (-4 / 28 HP)
G5 (-1 / 28 HP)

H1

Officer - Level 2 Noble
O1
O2
O3 (-16 / 24 HP)
O4 (12 / 26 HP)

Troopers - Level 2 Non-Heroic
S1
S2
S3
S4
S5
S6

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R5.jpg)

Rane126
2008-04-11, 06:28 PM
Myles

With the sudden increase in blaster fire outside the door Myles mutters to himself, That's it, times up. He looks over at Alex and cries, "Shut it down Alex, on 3. 1, 2, now." He activates the shutdown on tech's console on the last count and runs past Noodo over to the officer's console, pulling a small block of detonite from his utility belt and beginning to shape it as he does so.

Winged One
2008-04-11, 06:42 PM
Alex
Alex disables logins and sets the consoles to treat everybody as a hostile intruder after the power is cut while Myles is counting, then cuts the power with Myles as he says "now".
Swift action: disable logins
Swift action 2: set it to have a Hostile attitude towards everybody right after the power is cut.
Swift action 3: Cut the power.
If Alex can spot any glaring errors in this, she will correct them.

Meynolds
2008-04-11, 07:43 PM
Daers

[Please tell me somebody has a gernade.] While he waits for a response, he fires a shot into the doorway. [And how are we getting out of here again?]

Damage - [roll2]

Quixotico
2008-04-12, 11:46 AM
Tinn

["Ya betta believe it!"] Tinn answers. Grabbing a frag grenade off his bandoleer, he underhand tosses into the middle of the group of guards and gets against the wall for cover. ["I'm not sure an exit plan has been made, hoy."]

[roll0]
[roll1]

Moving to U9.

Quixotico
2008-04-12, 11:48 AM
Adding a Force Point to that.
[roll0]

WrathOfLife
2008-04-13, 08:02 PM
Noodo

Holding his place at the Door, Noodo hopes that the fire fight in the hallway remains under control. If we lose the hallway, there's no going back.

ready action to shoot any hostile who comes through door.

Holocron Coder
2008-04-14, 06:37 AM
Tasst

Giving a grin that can only be described as "evil", Tasst drops his blaster rifle and shoulders his blaster cannon. "I've one better," he states, referring to grenades.

The resulting shot is rather impressive.

Swift: Drop rifle.
Move: Draw cannon.
Standard: Attack S3.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Full damage if hits, half if miss to target. Half damage to adjacent targets if hit, none if miss. Hit/miss is determined individually.

Holocron Coder
2008-04-14, 06:38 AM
Adding a force point.

[roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-04-14, 04:36 PM
Round 6 :

Myles coordinates with Alex on the shutdown. Noodo remain vigilant. Daers slugs one of the newcomers, dropping the soldier in his tracks. Tasst drops his main weapon to the floor and swaps in his cannon. He fires a quick shot through the doorway, destroying one of the soldiers and dropping 3 others to the ground.

Tinn tosses a grenade through the doorway which, when it detonates, takes out the last of the soldiers. A moment later, the automatic door slides shut, sealing their blasted burnt bodies on the other side.

Alex, finally ready to shutdown, does her thing and then shuts down the power. Everything, everywhere goes black. In the power room, there is a blue light from the spinning disk which almost immediately begins to fade.

The only light out in the hallways is a faint green glow from the side hallway and a light blue laser band that sweeps left to right and then top to bottom, over and over. Synchronized with the sweeping light, the metallic footsteps continue to approach the team.

Down the hallway in both directions, shouts and angry yelling erupts as the base is suddenly darkened.

Initiatives :

29 - Myles
28 - Noodo
27 - Daers
26 - Tasst
25 - Tinn
22 - Alex
16 - Gamorreans
13 - Techies
12 - Lt James
9 - Officers
7 - Human Troopers
6 - Hutt

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(22 / 32 HP)
Daers(39 / 43 HP)
Tasst(40 / 54 HP)
Tinn(35 / 52 HP)
Alex(25 / 27 HP)
Lt James (-13 / 23 HP)

T1 (-5 / 4 HP)
T2 (-9 / 4 HP)
T3 (-8 / 5 HP)
T4
T5 (-12 / 16 HP)
T6
T7
T8

G1 (-7 / 28 HP)
G2 (-0 / 28 HP)
G3 (-8 / 28 HP)
G4 (-4 / 28 HP)
G5 (-1 / 28 HP)

H1

Officer - Level 2 Noble
O1
O2
O3 (-16 / 24 HP)
O4 (12 / 26 HP)

Troopers - Level 2 Non-Heroic
S1 (-3 / 4 HP)
S2 (-3 / 4 HP)
S3 (-11 / 4 HP)
S4 (-2 / 4 HP)
S5 (-3 / 4 HP)
S6 (-8 / 4 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R6.jpg)

Quixotico
2008-04-14, 05:25 PM
Tinn

["Good job! See what ya can do ta keep the power off-line."] Tinn, seeing clear enough despite the darkness, looks at Lt. James for a moment. Sorry, Sir. We're in a jam 'ere. Hunkering down, he waits for any potential enemy to become visible from the south. ["Everyone'a ya who can see, get ready. We gotta somethin' big coming from the south. Tasst, keep that gun o' yours at the ready."]

Holding my action for anything to appear to the south of us.

2 Swift action to Brace the rifle, attacking with Burst Fire.

[roll0]
[roll1] (Treat Damage Threshold as 5 lower)

Rane126
2008-04-14, 05:41 PM
Myles

Taking a small glow rod to see by from his utility belt Myles packs the shaped detonite around the officers console and it's link to the power generator. He's going to attempt to ensure the power is off permanently by disconnecting the control signals routed from any console to the generator itself in such a way as to make sure it cannot be repaired without replacing major components that are unlikely to be in stores. He attempts to place the charge carefully to take advantage in the weakness of the set up. He sets the timer for 20 seconds.

Take 10 mechanics for a total of 22 vs. a DC 20 to set the explosive charge and timer disarm DC to 15 (makes the DC 20).

Carefully placing the charge is a GM roll against DC 15 for ignore damage reduction, dc 25 for double damage and dc 35 for triple damage.

Holocron Coder
2008-04-15, 06:48 AM
Tasst

Given a quick two-fingered salute, Tasst kneels and shoulders the blaster cannon, eyeing the echoing corridor.

Readied action to fire when the threat is identified.

Attack +5
Damage 3d12+1

Winged One
2008-04-15, 07:23 PM
With the power gone, Alex dashes toward the door, though she does take the time to get her frag grenade out.

Using 2 move actions to go east in a straight line, should end up in Q8. Using swift action to Quick Draw the grenade.

lawful_evil
2008-04-15, 08:04 PM
Round 7

As Myles sets the charges, Alex and Noodo move towards the exit, ready to all flee together. Myles puts the finishing touches on them and starts the timer for 20 seconds(3-4 rounds). As the three of them get to the door, they discover that it doesn't open. The power is out. They are trapped in a room with an explosive charge about to go off.

The hatchway, when the power is on, should slide up in the ceiling(or the crawlspace), but without the power, is a large heavy chuck of metal.

In the hallway, not much happens beside footsteps for a few seconds.

WrathOfLife
2008-04-16, 08:19 AM
Noodo

We are so dead.

Quickly jumping on the comms Noodo snap's ["The door's are all locked from the powerout, and we now have a bomb in here with us. Some one want to go stop it from killing us all?"]

Noodo scans the area looking for any more incoming threats while trying to think of a way out of the tight situation.

Rane126
2008-04-16, 12:17 PM
Myles

"Relax Noodo, don't you trust me? That charge will destroy the power controls, but it'll be localized. Just don't stand next to it. Now out of the way, let's get this door sorted."

Myles pulls out another block of detonite on his way to the door beginning to roll it between his hands into a thin rope, preparing to position it in a shape around the door to make a hole big enough to get them out.

Quixotico
2008-04-16, 04:25 PM
Tinn

["Keep yar heads tagether. Is there enough explosive left ta take down that door? Is there time?"] Tinn keeps an eye on the noise, waiting for anything to come into view.

Holding my action for something to come into view. Two swift actions to brace and then Burst Fire.

[roll0]
[roll1] (Treat Damage Threshold as 5 lower)

Rane126
2008-04-18, 12:15 PM
Myles

"I have the door covered Corporal. Just make sure everyone is standing back, there might be a small bang."

Meynolds
2008-04-18, 07:18 PM
Daers

[So . . . No escape plan then? We'll run out of detonite before we run out of doors I'd think, so no go on just blasting our way out. Any ideas?]

lawful_evil
2008-04-18, 07:28 PM
A few tense moments later, the explosives on the power console exploded, destroying the console and sending small scraps of metal all over the room. No one is injured, but all feel its effect. Moments later, Myles sets off another blasts cutting out the corner of the door, leaving enough room for everyone to wiggle out into the hallway.

Myles, Alex, and finally Noodo join the rest of the squad near the fallen LT just as a the source of the echo's becomes visible. A massive 4 legged droid, about 4 meters wide and just barely able to fit in the hallway comes into the intersection between the team and the exit. The droid is surrounded by a small light blue glow of a shield generator.

Tinn and Tasst immediately open fire on the droid, Tinn fires several bursts and Tasst uses his cannon. Both manage to penetrate the shields, but their attacks don't cause much damage to the droid. Along the underside of the main body a small dish rotates around to face the team and a beam arcs out from the dish which it sweeps across the team.

The beam sweeps across the whole beam, burning a gash as it goes. Only Myles manages to dodge the cutting laser.

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(13 / 32 HP)
Daers(28 / 43 HP)
Tasst(24 / 54 HP)
Tinn(22 / 52 HP)
Alex(16 / 27 HP)
Droid(61 / 80 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R7.jpg)

Meynolds
2008-04-18, 07:35 PM
Daers

A gash opens along Daers' chest. With a somewhat loud and vulgar curse in Durese, he crouches an fires a slug at the droid.

Damage - [roll2]

Rane126
2008-04-18, 07:57 PM
Myles

Myles ducks under the cutting laser and pulls out his rifle, he pumps the grenade launcher and fires towards the large droid.

To hit [roll0]

Damage if hits [roll1]

WrathOfLife
2008-04-19, 12:18 AM
Noodo

Glancing across at the others disgrunty, Noodo finds himself surpirsed as a sudden bean of light slashes across an arm and part of his chest. Muttering a curse Noodo snaps off a shot at the new target before doubling back through the blasted door.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Quixotico
2008-04-19, 02:38 PM
Tinn

Sucking in air between his teeth at the wound, Tinn redoubles his stance, flips his grenade launcher over to the ion grenade and fires at the droid.

Swift Action to Catch a Second Wind (heals 13 HP)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Quixotico
2008-04-19, 02:40 PM
Adding a Force Point.
[roll0]

Winged One
2008-04-19, 05:08 PM
Alex

At the sight of the droid, Alex swears in Ryl. When it attacks with it's laser, she starts ranting "Who the <Huttese profanity> builds a <Bothese profanity>ing 4th degree droid with a <Rodese profanity>ing class three shield generator and druaniam <Dosh profanity>ing battle armor, and then <Sullustese profanity>ing equips it like a <Bocce profanity> mining droid?!" During her rant, she goes past Daers, pulls her pocketed frag grenade with her right hand, pulls the pin on it with her teeth, and lobs it at the droid.

Move action: move to T14. Swift action: Quickdraw the frag grenade. Standard action: attack with frag grenade.
[roll0]+2 BAB +1 DEX -2 short range
[roll=Damage]4d6+1[roll] Halved if the attack roll doesn't hit the droid's reflex defense since it's an area attack. I take it you know the shield rules(they're on page 161 of the core book if you don't), so those probably apply as well.

Winged One
2008-04-19, 05:10 PM
If, and only if, we're using that errata that says an area attack roll below 10 doesn't do even half damage, I will use a force point to improve that roll.
[roll0]
Also, since the damage roll got broken: [roll1] Halve it unless you lied about the droid's reflex defense.

Holocron Coder
2008-04-20, 04:05 PM
Tasst

Cursing, Tasst removes a grenade from his waist and lobs it at the droid, hoping for more effect.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-04-21, 05:58 PM
Myles joins the fun, opening up with his grenade launcher which rocks the droid and its shielding. Noodo fires his weapon at the droid, sending a pulse of energy which collapses the shield and burns the droid, sending a shower of sparks out. With the shield down, the hallway darkens. The team is illuminated by Myles' glow rod, but darkness shrouds the hallway and the droid lurking in it.

Daers fires his weapon into the dark, but the shot simply deflects off the droid's armor with a metallic *ping*. Tasst lobs his grenade down the hallway. The blast sends debris flying around and destroys some of the ceiling lights, scattering broken glass down around the droid.

Tiin fires his ion grenade down the hall, but his shot is poorly aimed and it is obvious the electrical surge caused little damage to the droid. Alex rushes forward and tosses her grenade at the droid, showering it with fragments, but causing little damage.

The droid, reactivates it shields and fires its weapon, slashing across Daers and Tasst, while Noodo, Tinn, Alex and Myles manage to dodge the beam. With the shield active again, the droid is readily visible and standing still... an easy target.

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(13 / 32 HP)
Daers(12 / 43 HP)
Tasst(16 / 54 HP)
Tinn(22 / 52 HP)
Alex(16 / 27 HP)
Droid(35 / 80 HP) SR 5/20

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/R8.jpg)

Rane126
2008-04-21, 06:12 PM
Myles

Myles swears and moves up towards the place they last saw the droid (S12). He pumps his launcher and fires another grenade at it. "Get behind me, get behind me!"

To hit [roll0]

Damage if hit [roll1]

Rane126
2008-04-21, 06:13 PM
Add Force point to hit [roll0]

Quixotico
2008-04-21, 06:35 PM
Tinn

Tinn curses at the missed grenade. Cradling his rifle and holding down the trigger, Tinn showers the droid with blaster fire. "Keep at it! Our exit is through that thang!"

2 Swift actions to brace, Burst Fire at the droid.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Second Wind action from last round should have Tinn at 35 HP, yes?

Meynolds
2008-04-21, 07:38 PM
Daers

*Short string of expletives in various languages* Daers begins a brief retreat, firing a shot as he does so.

Damage - [roll2]
Move to T6

Meynolds
2008-04-21, 07:39 PM
Adding a Force Point to that - [roll0]

WrathOfLife
2008-04-22, 08:34 PM
Noodo

Taking a deep breath, Noodo fires another round into the droid, hoping to end this battle once and for all.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Catching second wind for +8 hp
Shifting to U7 for some meat shield cover

Holocron Coder
2008-04-23, 07:36 AM
Tasst

Grimacing in frustration, Tasst lies prone on the ground and shoulders his blaster canon. Focusing on ignoring the burning pains, he fires again.

Second wind to gain 15hp.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Winged One
2008-04-25, 04:41 PM
Alex snaps off a shot from her pistol and then retreats to where Noodo had been.

Standard action: attack with blaster pistol. Move: to T8.
[roll0] +2 BAB +1 DEX +1 Point Blank Shot
[roll1]+1 heroic level +1 PBS

Winged One
2008-04-25, 04:51 PM
[roll0] Hey, she can actually deal some friggin' damage this time.

lawful_evil
2008-04-25, 06:28 PM
Myles fires his grenade launcher and times it just right. The grenade detonates right next to the droid, dropping its shields again, but also ripping open the walls into the adjacent rooms. The hallway goes dark again, but reddish light from emergency backup lights flow into the hallway from the holes that Myles' grenade opened in the walls.

Seeing an opening, Noodo fires, clipping the droid near one of the leg attachment points. Daers joins the fun, blasting away as the massive droid. Tasst also gets in on the fun firing his cannon at the droid. The shell splits open the droid in a fairly massive explosion.

Myles(41 / 47 HP)
Noodo(21 / 32 HP)
Daers(12 / 43 HP)
Tasst(31 / 54 HP)
Tinn(35 / 52 HP)
Alex(16 / 27 HP)
Droid(-20 / 80 HP)

The droid's carcase smokes and sparks sending occasion flashes of light into the hallway.

{{ The plan was to head south a bit and then flee out the tunnel you came in. }}

Quixotico
2008-04-26, 11:02 AM
Tinn

Taking a moment to peer into the hole made for anything of interest, if there's nothing of immediate concern, Tinn makes his way over to Lt. James. Looking at him, he tries to assess his condition.

[roll0] if the result is less than 17, reroll.
[roll1]

[roll2] (To try and assess his condition... right?)

Rane126
2008-04-26, 12:56 PM
Myles

Myles keeps his rifle in the ready position and creeps forward to the corner peeking around to see if there are further troops. If he finds none he'll quickly rummage through some of the bodies to try and restock on grenades for the launcher.

lawful_evil
2008-04-26, 01:52 PM
Myles finds the fallen troopers and Gamorrean corpses totally devoid of grenade launcher ammo.

Tinn checks out the grenade damage and find the right hand hole opens into a common latrine. The latrine is, thankfully, empty. The hole on the left hand side of the hallway opens into a common room. The room has several comfortable looking couches and chairs. An inactive view screen on the wall reflect the red light from the battery powered emergency light on the far side of the room.

From behind one of couches, a pudgy hand raises up and fires a blaster pistol at the hole in the wall, missing both the hole and Tinn.

Rane126
2008-04-26, 02:55 PM
Myles

Hearing more blaster fire Myles stops searching for ammo and moves quickly towards the source. He brackets the hole in the wall with Tinn, glancing through to get a read on where the shots are coming from.