PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (recruiting over)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Xsesiv
2008-11-01, 11:07 PM
To new players: Sorry for dramatic changes in the status of this game but I've now had 3 people leave, so if you want to join go to:

OOC thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94772

Starting time/date (write it down, this is gonna be historical):
IC: Seven p.m., Backertag 13th Pflugzeit (Bakeday 13th Ploughtide).
OOC:3:51 GMT, November 2, 2008

@Tilmann: After a long while wandering the land, you pass near to the Moot. A family of portly Halflings is a short way off the road in a meadow you happen to be passing through beside Aver Reach, chattering in Halfling, pandering to 4 playing children who are running their furry feet off, surrounded by bits of pie and empty food containers and trying their best to stuff everything back into a massive picnic basket. As you pass, the woman of them calls out to you in informal Reikspeil. "Tallie! You! Yes, you with the hammer! Won't you come and join us? You look in need of a rest and we could do with the company, and it will give us a break from stuffing this hamper." The man nods in agreement and the children keep their distance, naturally suspicious of such a huge person.

@Orzax: Another pointless day. All the alcohol of last night seems to have made its way inside your head and expanded as much as posible as you awaken under the table of a tavern in Eicheschatten. Groaning, you get up. Another day, and no Trolls to slay...and what do Troll Slayers do when there are no Trolls to slay? Get Weissblitzen'ed again.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-01, 11:24 PM
Och..... Orzax moans as he gets up. Me heads spinnin' like......awwww..... he falls back down again as he has no purpose in life. Rolling back under the table he curls up into the fetal position and rocks back and forth trying to sooth himself. Finally getting up Orzax seems to be much better. Setting off to the troll slayers barracks, he finds the need of no trolls to be slain. Hmm.....this is strange no trolls around to be slain. Well better go find something to do. he says in a depressed mood. Grabbing his items from his locker, Orzak stumbles out of the small shack-ish building and starts to roam the streets. After 5 or so steps, he finally falls over into an alleyway and falls asleep.

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 06:48 AM
@Orzax: Before too long, a couple of young noblemen turn up. They have bought a packed lunch at the nearest tavern and begin to throw bread and bits of cheese onto you as you sleep in the alleyway. Sensing your groggy state but not noticing your weapons, they wake you up to taunt you.
"Look, a beardy-weirdie, snivelling in the alleyway, like a little child! Oh, yes. They are little children - well, on an all-warpstone diet!" says one.
"Ha ha ha ha! Come on, Candle-Head. What're you going to do, headbutt me in the knee?"
"Ha ha ha!"
One of them gets a bucketful of freezing-cold "water", which might not be as pure as the sellers claim, and flings it over you, sobering you up well and truly.

Make a Hard WP test to leave them alone. If you want, you can choose to automatically fail this test. If you pass, you stay on the floor in sewage-infused cold water. If you fail, you leap to your feet and attack them with your fists. The advantage of surprise delivers to you a +15 Initiative bonus. If you fail by more than 70%, you are so blinded by rage that you care not about the consequences of murder and so draw a weapon and attack them with that. You lose 10 of the Initiative bonus if you do this.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 08:20 AM
I will have him fail so he can jump up and attack them with his greataxe.

You pricks, you don't know who your dealin' with. You have assaulted me and my honor, even though I don't really have any, so you have to pay the price. And don't go running home to your mommies, your the babies. You probably don't know how to fight. Hahaha*evil laugh*. This will be easier then killing a dieing baby troll without any arms. Orzax says jumping up and challenging them to a fight by pulling his greataxe out.

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 08:33 AM
@Orzax: One of them jumps backwards as soon as he sees the greataxe, but trips over the other and they get tangled up and fall on the floor in a heep. One of them disentangles himself and runs off down the street screaming "Watchman, watchman! Help! Murder! We've been attacked by a Stuntie!" while the other pulls out his rapier and main gauche, calling: "I'll hold him off!".

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 09:55 AM
Wha? I haven't even attacked you yet. Are you that scared to actually fight me. Oh hahahahahaha. Ah, This is turning out to be a better day then I imagined. You guys are wussies. Orzax says lowering his axe. The watchmen won't show up, I know it. They would be too busy to worry about some troll slayer threatanin' some wuss noblemen that don't matter. They will prolly tell him to bug off, so they can play their games and drink their ales. Making a sudden move at the guy, so he would cower in fear and drop his weapon, he walks off to a tavern to look to see if there are job postings/people or things that need killed, so he can pay for a room tonight.

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 10:03 AM
@Orzax: You enter the "Bearded Elf". No double entendres please. A one-eyed barman leans over and asks you if you want anything, or are just going to waste his time.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I'll have an ale and somethin' to eat. Do ye have a notice board for people to post stuff up on? I am needing some more money. Orzax says hoping up on a barstool on the farthest end of the bar next to a wall.

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 10:15 AM
@Orzax: "Well, the ale will be 2p for a pint and also it's 4p for the meal, which today is soup, bread and pheasant and vegetables, but I'll give it to you for 5p as a bundle." The barman lifts up his eyepatch and scratches the inside of his eye-socket, then jabs his thumb at a back door. "The noticeboard's in the snug, through there."

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 11:22 AM
tilmann nods and walks over to the halflings and sits down it is strange to recieve such kindness from strangers, i thank you of course, what is your name? tilmann looks at the slightly frightend children and laughs no need to be frightened of me, i wont bite! and smiles and turns back to the woman feeling overjoyed to be recieving such kindness

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 11:33 AM
@Tilmann The man, clearly extremely amiable, reaches out to shake your hand. "I am Dramfast Millpond, and this is my wife Bomflower."
"Bomflower." his wife agrees, and they begin digging through the basket.
"Now, would you like something to eat? We own the finest restaurant in the Moot and our hospitality is renowned. It is unacceptable to invite someone to a meal and not offer them anything. Right." He gets out a plate and begins to shovel food onto it. "Nice slice of pork-pie there - I know what you've heard about Halfling pies from street vendors but this is far from that standard - There's a cold-boiled egg, couple of pickled onions, bread, cheese and pickles. Now - drinks. Lumminide? There's a strange new yellow fruit from the New World, tastes of Orc blood but mixed with sugar and water it's a lovely drink - Doesn't matter. We brew this ourselves. Finest cider-brandy in all the Mootland. Now singles all round, is it? Well, I suppose that's a half to you - Doubles all round then." This is mildly upsetting to you as his incessant chatter is reminiscent of Beau Ciderbottom. He pours out pale orange-brown fluid into a glass and hands it to you - it is about three times the regular human measure. The Halflings down theirs in one go, and there is no chance they slipped anything into your food or drink, as they are eating the same themselves and you watched them lay it out.

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 11:43 AM
tilmann shakes his hand then not wanting to offend also (attempts to) down his drink in one, but keeps at it till its all gone, thank you, all this food and drink, ive not had.. a meal... like this... in ages tilmann speach slows down and gets quieter as he goes, remembering beau ciderbottom. after a second he shrugs it off, but is still thinking about it. im sorry i forgot to introduce myself i am tilmann frohlich. and begins to eat

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 11:48 AM
@Tilmann: OK, this counts as Food per Day (Good), and you've just drunk three servings of extremely strong Best Craftsmanship Spirits. This counts as double alcohol per serving, but seems much less to Tilmann at the time.

Make two Consume Alcohol tests with a cumulative -10% penalty each time. Four are negated by TB, but as you haven't taken Consume Alcohol, you test at half Toughness.

Also, make a Challenging WP test.

"You heard of that nutter Orzax?" asks Dramfast.

"Complete lunatic. He kills Trolls...which I have no problem with, but he does it for a living."

"Which is pointless because he's always moping around whinging about how he wants to, quote, die and end his pitiful existence, unquote."

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 11:53 AM
toughness 40 divided by 2 = 20 2 rolls of consume alcohol [roll0] [roll1]

finally a chalenging willpower test willpower 35 (not looking good lol) [roll2]

sounds like a worthy cause if you ask me, the world would be much safer with more like this... trollslayer

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 12:00 PM
@Tilmann: Ok, so you've failed one Consume Alcohol test. This means that you have a -10% penalty to WS, BS, Int and Ag. You also failed the Will Power test. This means you love the cider-brandy, which is delicious, so much that if the cider-brandy is available, you must drink it, though sharing it with the Halflings is required. This lasts until the bottle is empty or the end of the night.

"Another?" asks Bomflower, holding the bottle as she watches you gorge yourself. "Evening's coming in. Just another for the chill."

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 12:09 PM
why thank you. tilmann says taking the offer of another drink gladly, starting to feel the effects of the alcohol take affect... but he just cant help himself, it tastes so lovely!!! hmmm thish man you mentioned before, wouldnt happen to actually be a dwarf trollslayer? i hear they are feared across the lands for their willingness to die and no fear of battle, with anything actually, what i hear is they love the thrill of a fight... but im being steriotypical... of course he could just be alot more kind than that......... anymore of that drink... it appears my glass is empty again.

half toughness 20 consume alcohol [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-02, 12:42 PM
@Tilmann: Tilmann is now completely off his head, and loses all control of himself. Luckily the Halflings direct him towards the nearest village. He has their brewery and restaurant address however and this could become a useful contact. They also gave him a taster bottle of the cider-brandy, which they usually gave to prospective buyers, as a gift, as he seemed to love it. He drank it as he staggered into the snug of the Bearded Elf in Eicheschatten and accidentally fell into the arms of a very angry Orzax, who was reading from the noticeboard.
"Oopsh, I apologishe. Shigmar be praished. Shorry, friend. I've jushed had a few eelsh - alesh."

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 01:34 PM
tilmann clearly not fully aware of his actions and what his body is doing tries his best to stand up, using tables and chairs to hold his weight instead of his legs. shorry there didnt mean no harm or troublesh to you.....*hic*

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 04:55 PM
I'll take the bundle. Orzax says throwing 5p on the table. Heading over to the snug waiting for the food to get done he takes a look at the notice board. He then finds a human priest in his hands, stumbling back he drops the man Wha......? as the human walks off.

Is there anything on the notice board?

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 05:50 PM
tilmann stumbles his way over to an empty table and sits down. he yells over (or to the nearest waiter) to the barkeep. hey, barkeep, whatsh the priceh for the night an tha morning brekfasht? and could i have a pint of...water he was going to yell over for more drink but decided he was drunk enough already, although he was given the bottle from the halflings.... hmmmm, no he must not, if he drinks it now he will not enjoy it as much as if he was sober... after a short while and the water through his system, he feels sober enough to stand up and find his way to the toilet and back... he decides that in his slightly more sober state to say sorry properly to the dwarf, as he looked like the type to hold a grudge.

tilmann wanders over to the dwarf (weather sitting down or looking at the notice board.) and sits in the closest empty chair. look mate im shorry..*sorry* about earlyer, was a little drunk you shee.. *see*

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 06:12 PM
Oh. No problem, I've had my fair share of drunkies if you know what I mean. Orzax says starting in on his meal.

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 06:18 PM
oh glad to see you under stand... tilmanns mind suddenly goes back to the bottle of "some form of spirit tilmann cant remember what its called but tastes nice" hey these friendly halflings gave me this before, ever tried some? lovely stuff! tilmann pulls the bottle from his pocket and pours a extreamly generous amount to the dwarf, even when drunk tilmann knew dwarfs could handle their drink better than humans. a fact proven many times but most people refused to believe. and then pours himself a more sensible amount and drinks it all down

consume alcohol test 20 [roll0]

drum-n-bass
2008-11-02, 07:04 PM
Oooo.......Cider-brandy.........Ne'er had it before.........Looks good... he says between bites. Taking a break from eating he tries a little bit. Hmmmm.....Interesting. I like it. Thanks. Continuing with his food he stops all of a sudden Oh, I don't mean to be rude, I'm Orzax Helmridge Dwarf Troll Slayer. And who might you be? he says taking a few more sips of the cider brandy

littlebottom
2008-11-02, 07:36 PM
i am tilmann frohlich, nice to meet you, i am more of a wanderer or travler theshe days but i suppose i was a priest of sigmar, and as shuch know of dwarfs an.... did you say troll slayer?! tilmann started to get drunk as he was talking but snapped back to sober momentarily when he realised what orzax had said

sorry Xsesiv i assumed i had a bigger bottle of cider brandy than i did as i just reread you post (sorry, bit late now though)

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 12:12 PM
"4p for dinner but no drink, and 5p for a stay in the common room, and 2p for breakfast. That's 11p, provided you want to stay in the common room."
All of a sudden, the door is kicked in by six or so of the town watch, with a young noble in the lead, with a friend just behind him.
"That's the man who attacked me!" he shouts, pointing at Orzax, but then, noticing a Latin-looking gentleman in the corner, who is just about to slice off the top of his wine bottle with a rapier blow, points at him instead. "The Estalian-looking guy!"

psycojester
2008-11-03, 12:40 PM
Remigo gently placed his wine bottle back on the table before turning towards the young noble, an irritated look painted across his face.

"My Name" He spat coldly "is Remigo Venichi, heir apparent the House Venichi. If i had attacked you, you would already be well aware of that, welp!"

Remigo brought his rapier up into a guard position and settled into a classic Diestro stance "But nevertheless you have accused me and insulted my honour!" Remigo Spat on the floor for emphasis "I Demand satisfaction! Now face me and prove your accusations or else crawl back to your barn and find comfort among the cattle!

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 12:43 PM
The young rake pulls out his rapier and main gauche as his friend does the same. The entire watchman groulp draw their cudgels, meaning to intimidate rather than kill, as they surround the pair.

psycojester
2008-11-03, 12:54 PM
Remigo gives the watchmen a contemptuous glance "Your master has drawn steel, he has accepted the challenge, this no longer concerns you."

Turning his attention back to the young nobleman he nodded slightly "You chose the sword, very well i accept, we shall duel until either party withdraws their claim to justice. I shall face you in the street directly in front of this tavern in 5 minutes time"

With that he returned his rapier to its scabbard and strode towards the door, making it very clear that if the watchmen didn't get the hell out of his way he was going to do his level best to walk straight through them.

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 01:15 PM
@Orzax: You know that this man, who was trying to get the watchmen earlier, was actually ready to get you incriminated. There is enough dishonour attached to your name, and you don't want a man imprisoned for something he didn't do.
@Remigo: This is the man you accused of being a "ham-handed cretin." His father will not be too pleased if he hears about this duel.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 03:33 PM
tilmann sees the little comotion and walks over to remigo hmm you stand for honor, this is good to see, as honor seems to be rare these days... i am tilmann frohlich, and have seen enough false accusation in my past tilmann remembers the troubles of years past, i shall not stand for it, good sir, if you would allow me i would like to help you in any way possible against that idiotic, rude and unjust noble. tilmann in a way didnt want to get involved but couldnt let an inocent bystander take the blame for something he didnt do, if you want my help i shall be sitting over by the dwarf tilmann returns to the table and sits down as he was walking over he pays the barkeep the 11p for the common room

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 03:52 PM
@Tilmann The alcohol has a wicked backlash that knocks you out for less than a minute. Tilmann sleeps face-down on the table as something begins to take form in his mid. Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaneesh appear. Suddenly, Sigmar turns up weilding a mighty hammer and with a Dwarven-made crown upon his head, and calls the other Gods to order and they begin to fight the Chaos Gods. "What do you think you are doing, Tilmann, you ridiculous man? Your faith has certainly declined. Is this what I teach my followers to do?" asks Sigmar, as Myrmidia, calculating, rides on Ulric's back into the fray and Ranald confuses all the Chaos Gods buy pretending to bargain a truce, before stabbing Nurgle in the eye with a dagger, causing a wound that festers immediately as Tzeentch changes the dagger into a piece of cheese, which Ranald eats to taunt them, never one to pass up a free oppurtunity. Taal and Rhya call up a stampede and explosion of impeding plants. A flood, courtesy of Manaan, smashes into the Chaos Gods, causing filthy illnesses to run over the animals as it touches Nurgle. Khorne has blood and bodies rain from the sky as he strikes the others with a skull.
"Tramping the country, when you could be petitioning for Law?, moans Sigmar. Why can't you be more like this Dwarf, or the Estalian? You shall join them together to go to fight Chaos, and go with them, and learn their ways. The Dwarf shall lead you!" You begin to protest, but as Sigmar's hammer strikes Tzeentch's skull, his changing powers turn the hammer into yourself, then another mighty blow changes it into the Dwarf, another into the Diestro. You take this to mean you are weapons against Chaos. Mórr kills the Chaos Gods with a snap of his fingers, only to have them resurrected seconds later by evil magic. "Pay heed to your dreams, Tilmann!" he bellows as you fade back into consciousness.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 04:29 PM
tilmann suddenly sits bolt upright and half gurgles half screams garrrhhaggrrrarrrr!!! then fades back to his half drunken state, with people looking at him, he remembers every detail of the.... dream, no it was more real than that.... vision. and looks at himself drunk on the table. no this wouldnt do... not one bit.

tilmann gets him self several pints of water to sober up as best as possible and drinks them down, with several trips to the toilet aswell.

he looks at his robes... old and dirty, and slightly neglected, i think ill go clean this up soon and disapears to the toilets again, he comes back with robes almost soaked through in some spots in a desperate attempt to clean them up a bit. it had worked, well worked enough to get some muddy stains off it, and the general dirt.

tilmann walks back to remigo would you be so kind as to join me and orzrax over here wanders over to the table again with another pint of water in his hand. i just had a vision. he says to both of them sigmar himself wills us to team up against the forces of chaos and obviously green skins and any other wrong do-ers and not forgetting worshippers of the chaos gods tilmann pauses momentairly then looks mainly at orzax this would be a prime opportunity to fight for honor, for peace, for sigmar for the empire and, of course will most likely lead to our deaths in battle and just incase this wasnt enough, and there will be lots of adventure... not to mention masses of gold tilmann smiles at the trollslayer, sigmar has found us three worthy of his work... of gods work, and we are his chosen warriors, you could say the right hand men of sigmar! tilmann was hoping for a good reaction from orzax but didnt know what to expect from remigo, he just hopes remigo believes in what he had said...

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 05:05 PM
The young rake turns up with eight or so of his personal bodyguard, who lift Remigo bodily and dump him into the street, before circling him. The noble's son draws his rapier and main gauche and points them directly into Remigo's face. "You shall pay for the insult and the attack," he says with every semblance of calm, though he has seen Remigo's might in duelling and is clearly terrified.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 05:49 PM
tilmann shall follow outside and help remigo to his feet, standing behind remigo but out of the way incase he wanted to fight alone... but tilmann kept a sharp eye on the other body guards ready to back remigo up as soon as help is needed

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 06:17 PM
The innkeeper comes over and picks up his broken-down door and, swearing, replaces it in the frame. It promptly falls back out and hits him on the head, raising a large lump. "Whoever caused this argument can pay for a new door!" he roars, rubbing his red-haired head. He sits about to watch the outcome of the fight, so he can get payment for a door from the loser.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-03, 07:00 PM
Aww, man. Look what ye've done now Orzax. he says mumbling to himself. Taking a swig of ale, and Orzak hopes off the stool. Heading outside he pushes himself into the middle of the circle. LISTEN UP! You two bully noblemens, do you have nothing better to do then to bully the poor and make them pay for crimes they didn't commit? I was the one who started the fight with them because they insulted me and my honor.....Oh what's the use. I'm going to die soon enough anyway, just take me to prison I'll serve my time, I won't let some harmless bar patron take my punishment. he says. Afterwards he holds his hands out ready for the cuffs.

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 07:02 PM
One of the noblemans stands up to his full height, looks down his nose at you and then slaps you directly in the face. "Know your place, peasant," he says as he moves away in awe at the Diestro's maniacal insult. Watchmen move to block any agressive moves you make.

psycojester
2008-11-03, 07:13 PM
After a muttered word of thanks to the priest who helped him up, Remigo rounded on the youth with a wolfish smile "Before i was just going to give you a couple of nicks to teach you some manners his smile widened "But now noble cow fondler I'm going to take your ears to teach you some honour"

Remigo whips his rapier from its scabbard and brings it up in the guard position, mockingly beckoning the youth onwards. "Come on then whelp, the first advance is yours, a gift for all the tender delicacies your mother showed me while your father was busy with his livestock"

d10+51 Initiative Remigo draws his sword (half action) and then delays (half action)

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 07:19 PM
rolls dont like working on edits, just make a new post and re roll, you got it right with the no spaces but as i said doesnt work on an edit

psycojester
2008-11-03, 07:21 PM
[roll0]

With his saved half action, Remigo is going to perform a feint at the youth when he attacks

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 07:41 PM
Rake's Ag = 35, I believe.

[roll0]

The rake is going to attack, then enter a parrying stance. However, he's seen you in action, so I'm making a a Fear test on WP 35.
[roll1]
Of course, you're delayed, so he advances anyway, then makes a vicious swing at you with the rapier. I'm giving it -10 because he's scared.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 07:47 PM
i will (while no ones looking) ready my hammer, incase things get ugly

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 07:50 PM
WS 43-10=33
[roll0]
Bad failure GM ruling:
The youth misses so badly that he is put off balance and cannot take any more actions. Any attacks on him gain +20% to hit and +1 to damage.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 07:57 PM
as the noble misses, tilmann lets out a short laugh, as the noble unbalences himself hahahahahaaaa!

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 07:59 PM
The noble looks round at Tilmann, clearly green to the ways of combat. He allowed himself to be distracted, so that's another +10% to hit. However the bodyguards are edging undesirably close to Tilmann.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 08:03 PM
tilmann sees the bodyguards, and is quick to shut up and try to divert some attention off himself so how much will that door cost to the loser barkeep?

psycojester
2008-11-03, 08:04 PM
Remigo lets out a tired sigh and rolls his eyes before unleashing a lightening fast volley of blows at the off-balance distracted rake.

Swift attack 1: [roll0] 2: [roll1]

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 08:08 PM
@Remigo: The first one hits, (14), second one misses, just, (58).
First hit: reverse of 14 = 41, so hit in left arm.

@Tilmann: The barman turns to Tilmann, and says to him, to the point, "Two crown, six shillings and ten clank. Why, you going ter pay fer it?"

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 08:09 PM
whats your weapon skill? as i think you need to go back and edit your character properly (your career advancements are brought useing exp except your free starting advancement which i advise to be attacks if your career alows it)

no im not paying for it, as we will not be losing, was curious was all says tilmann

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 08:13 PM
Just let the combat end, then we can sort that out. The rake is so poor at fighting it will make little difference. Rapier does SB-1, his SB is 3 so 3-1=2+1d10=Damage.
[roll0]
The rake dives to the ground screaming in clearly faked pain, screaming, "I yield!"

Just at that moment, a huge roar and a smashing of brick is heard. The jail wall has been destroyed. When all the villagers were watching the duel, an enormous Troll sneaked in and is mindlessly bashing the stones with a massive club. In a stampede, Tilmnn stays with the Troll Slayer and the Estalian finds himself trampled by the side of the road, with the Troll looming over him.

psycojester
2008-11-03, 08:19 PM
With a tight smile, Remigo cuts the youths purse from his belt and flicks it at the barman "pay for your door and have wine, food and wenches ready for me when this matter is resolved" he calls gesturing towards the troll

you forgot to add the to hit bonuses from the rakes failure and his distraction, Remigo has a WS of 55 he should have been hitting with anything below an 86. But that said, meh.

psycojester
2008-11-03, 08:23 PM
You added the in character line just as i posted that, its edited now :smalltongue:

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 08:29 PM
you forgot to add the to hit bonuses from the rakes failure and his distraction, Remigo has a WS of 55 he should have been hitting with anything below an 86. But that said, meh.
Remigo doesn't have WS 55, go to the OOC thread, and you can see that me and littlebottom have been trying to tell you that.

littlebottom
2008-11-03, 08:30 PM
tilmann leaps over by estalian and hopes for the best hey you, stupid troll, over here! trying to distract the troll momentarily to give remigo a chance to defend himself

Xsesiv
2008-11-03, 08:33 PM
The Troll takes up its club, and prepares to swing for Tilmann, before noticing the manic Troll-Slayer, a much greater threat. Stupidly, it lumbers toward Orzax.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-03, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, nows me time to shine Orzax thinks to himself, pulling out his trustworthy greataxe and kissing it on the blade. Walking towards the troll he finds it as anyother day in his life, that much closer to death. Big ugly, get over here so I can lob your head off he says with an evil laughter afterwards and some maniacal jumping.

I'm not sure when I should do rolls, so you should either tell me or do them yourself, as I would greatly appreciate it.

Xsesiv
2008-11-04, 11:21 AM
Just to be ready, I'll roll people's Initiative before we start.
Tilmann: [roll0]
Orzax: [roll1]
Remigo: [roll2]
Troll: [roll3]

Tilann gets first action, then Remigo, then Orzax, and finally the Troll. All attacks on the Troll are at Easy due to his being outnumbered 3 to 1, and Remigo is on the floor, and must take the stand action to regain his feet.

littlebottom
2008-11-04, 12:02 PM
FOR SIGMAR! tilmann swings for the troll

ws 41 [roll0] and incase i hit d10 + SB for damage [roll1] then for second half action parrying stance

psycojester
2008-11-04, 07:11 PM
Clambering back to his feet, Remigo glances around at the situation and a light comes on in his head, he begins to move away from the troll.

Half action: stand
Half action: Move 8 yards directly away from the troll

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 11:05 AM
All attacks on the Troll are now only at Routine as he is only outnumbered 2 to 1.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 04:40 PM
At this moment, as soon as it appears that everyone's focus is on the troll, a head pokes out of the large hole in the jail wall. Seeing that the coast is clear, the rest of the scrawny body follows the head, and a young man in ratty, worn clothing begins edging his way along the jail wall to the door at the front of the building. as he gets there, he opens the door with his back to it, stepping backwards into the room, slamming the door in front of him. Bernolt begins frantically searching for his personal effects, and once he has them all, will do a bit of quick "shopping" if he thinks he can get away with anything. (After all, hedge magic is enough to get him hanged, what's he got to lose by stealing? :smallwink:)

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 04:43 PM
Very Easy Search Test. Guards aren't known for locking up prisoner's possessions particularly well.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 04:47 PM
((Okay. What dice, and what am I rolling against, and what is the specific effect of the difficulty?))

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 04:50 PM
1d100 against Intelligence, and Very Easy grants +30 to Int.

Hell, might as well run through them all;
Very Easy = +30
Easy = +20
Routine = +10
Average = ±0
Challenging = -10
Hard = -20
Very Hard = -30

UserClone
2008-11-05, 05:08 PM
Strauss begins searching around the room...
[roll0]
(difficulty 69)

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 05:14 PM
You find all your own things under a table, and a leather jack, [roll0] hand weapons, with [roll1] daggers in a cupboard.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 05:22 PM
Hm..., thinks Bernolt, as he pockets the leather jack, Never know when this might come in handy. As an afterthought, he steals the daggers too, and shoves them through his belt at the back, where his cloak should cover them from prying eyes which might lead men to wonder where he got so many daggers. With that, Bernholt looks around for the cell keys, so that he can leave via the hole again, so as not to be caught again, and then he can make for the river.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 05:25 PM
Right, forgot to [roll0] against Int 39.

Edit@V: Ah, I thought you were referring to a blackjack, aka a sap, a typically nonlethal weapon used to knock people out. In that case, he dons the jack, wearing it over his shirt, but under his cloak, as is appropriate.

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 05:27 PM
(A leather jack is a sort of cheap armour covering the body and arms, you do know that..?)

The keys are lying on the table pinned down by a bottle of cheap wine...so that's why the guards didn't come for you.

It's still half full.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 05:29 PM
Strauss, seeing nothing else that could help him here, snags the keys and makes a dash for the cell in which he had been locked, unlocking its door and peeking out as he just had a moment ago, to make sure there was no one looking.

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 05:38 PM
The rake sits up from his position on the floor and sees you. He can't very well call the guards, who are unconscious from cheap wine, so, expecting you to be unarmed, runs up to you, expecting to be branded a hero for killing a dangerous escapee.
Full action-run.

Rake's Initiative= Ag (35)+3d10. [roll0]
Agility test as he runs on the rubble- Ag 35 [roll1]

Ag test failed. The rake slips on the rubble and is lying face-up in front of you, weapon still in its scabbard, having suffered 1 Wound. He has 8 left.

Terrain is now http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/Xplosiv_bucket/?action=view&current=terain.png
I did you purple because I don't know your colour.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 05:46 PM
[roll0]
Whipping out one of the daggers, Bernolt stabs at the little rat bastard's exposed throat, hoping to silence him before he gets any bright ideas. [roll1](vs 31)After all, there's still the hope that everyone is still too worried about the troll to give a second look in his direction.

Edit: If you would be so kind, please place Bernolt at the square 2 squares left of him, and 1 square down. I did specify that I was peeking around the wall, not running out into the open for all to see.

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 05:47 PM
You miss and the young noble regains his feet, then pulls out his rapier.

Half action-stand
Half action-ready

edit: OK, there. http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/Xplosiv_bucket/?action=view&current=terain.png

Your turn.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 06:00 PM
Bernolt doesn't want others seeing this, so he begins to slowly give ground to the rake (delay?), then as the rake advances into the cell, Strauss will attempt to trip and/or hamstring him, looking to get another shot at his exposed throat.
[roll0] (vs 31)

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:03 PM
Damage rolls- Daggers give SB-3, your SB is 2, so the dagger does 1d10-1 damage. [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:08 PM
Also, as you're trying to trip him, make an Opposed Strength or Agility test, at your choice. Rake's Strength is 28, Agility 34.
S 28 [roll0]
Ag 34 [roll1]
That's 4 degrees of failure on Strength, 3 on Agility. Choose which one you want to use and roll against 1d100. If you get fewer DoF's, you trip him up.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 06:13 PM
Oh ok. [roll0] vs 28

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:17 PM
You have fewer degrees of failure so you sweep out his legs with a ferocious slash. He falls headfirst onto the stone. the Hardness Value of stone is 6, so he takes an SB 6 hit to the head, - a TB of 2. [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:18 PM
That's +12 on the crits table. [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:19 PM
His head smashes on the ground and bursts like a melon. You are showered with blood and grey slime.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 06:31 PM
Spitting out the gore from the noble's splattered brains, Bernolt drags the rake's twitching corpse a couple feet further in, lest someone should see. He begins rifling through the lad's pockets for money or anything else of value. He works speedily, and when he is done, he wipes his face and clothes with the cloak of the stupid boy.
[roll0] vs 39

Xsesiv
2008-11-05, 06:46 PM
There is no money for Remigo cut off his purse, but he has a rapier and main gauche.

Spitting out the gore from the noble's splattered brains, Bernolt drags the rake's twitching corpse a couple feet further in, lest someone should see. He begins rifling through the lad's pockets for money or anything else of value. He works speedily, and when he is done, he wipes his face and clothes with the cloak of the stupid boy.
[roll0] vs 39

Little advice; a Search test is completely unneccessary at this venture. That is like making a Read/Write test to read a page of legible, sensible writing, or a Peception test to see a Troll about to hit you. You only have to make one when something is hidden or stored, concealed on someone's person, or if you have to find, for example, one book in a library, or one student in a university.

UserClone
2008-11-05, 07:00 PM
Stealing the lad's frogs, Bernolt puts the weapons back into them and, donning them, shuffles off back to the corner of the wall to peek again.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-05, 07:23 PM
Orzax jumps and swings his mighty axe at the big beasty troll. And then lunges at him again.

WS-45|-|45
A-1|+1|2

[roll0] 39-93 left leg
[roll1] 43-34 right arm

[roll2]
[roll3]

Is this how I do it?

Did I hit?

Xsesiv
2008-11-06, 03:20 AM
Yes, you did it, but you have a great weapon, so it's +1 damage, also it has the Impact quality, so you can roll 2 dice for damage and pick the highest result.
He has a TB of 5, so you hit each time for 4 wounds (1 extra each time for Strike Mighty Blow).

Xsesiv
2008-11-06, 03:22 AM
The troll swings at Orzax in retaliation (WS 38 [roll0]) and misses.

littlebottom
2008-11-06, 10:31 AM
tilmann sees his opportunity and attacks again sigmar guide my hand!

WS 41 (+10 from ruitine) 51 target [roll0] left leg i believe, damage [roll1] second action parrying stance

Xsesiv
2008-11-06, 11:02 AM
You cause the troll 1 Wound.
Ok, apparently Remigo wants to change his rapier to his sword then charge the Troll. The change (ready) is a half action, charge is a full action, so he needs to wait till next turn to finish the movement, but will gain +10% WS from the charge, and attacks on the Troll are again at Easy, so he gains +30% in total). Orzax's turn.

New terrain map:
http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/Xplosiv_bucket/?action=view&current=terain.png

Drum, it's your turn.

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 07:17 PM
Drum wants Orzax to make a Swift Attack.

WS = 45
Bonuses: +20% from Troll being outnumbered 3 to 1. Impact Quality; attacks cause highest roll of 2d10. Slow Quality; +10% to dodge or parry.

The Troll's felt the force of Orzax, so he'll try to parry the first blow.

1st attack: [roll0] Difficulty 65
Damage= [roll1] or [roll2] (pick highest)

2nd attack: [roll3] Difficulty 65
Damage= [roll4] or [roll5] (pick highest)

Troll's parry attempt: WS = 38
Bonuses: +10% from Slow quality of great weapon. -20% from being outnumbered 3 to 1.

[roll6] Difficulty 28

The Troll tries to parry the first blow, which misses anyway. The second hits him with massive force. His TB is 5, so he'll take 7 Wound's worth of damage (1 extra Wound from Strike Mighty Blow talent.)

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 07:26 PM
The Troll goes for the Priest of Sigmar, trying to stop his incessant distracting shouting. Once he has swung his club, he enters a stance to meet the charge of the Diestro.

WS=38, -20 from being outnumbered 3 to 1.
[roll0] Difficulty 18

LB, your turn.

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 07:51 PM
OK, since asking him to take his turn, LB logged out, so attack and parrying stance again for him.
WS 41
SB 4
Bonuses: +20% for Troll being outnumbered 3 to 1

[roll0] Difficulty 61
Damage: [roll1]
4 wounds gone. 20 down, 5 to go, and not a scratch on anyone. Well done.

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:02 PM
Remigo's turn- He charges in (this is carried over from last turn, so attacks are still allowed this turn).
WS 45
SB 3
Bonuses: +20% from troll being attacked 3 to 1, 10% from charge attack, +1 wound (Strike Mighty Blow talent).

[roll0] Difficulty 75

Damage = [roll1] (TB=5, 2 Wounds)

Then he wants to make regular attacks.

[roll2] Difficulty 65

Damage = [roll3] (TB=5, 6 Wounds)

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:06 PM
Reverse of 6 (06) is 60, so hit in the Body, with +3 on the crit chart [roll0].

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:09 PM
Your blow splits a rib. Hard Toughness test to avoid being stunned. Even if he succeeds he will take -5% on all parries.
T = 54
Bonuses -20 from Hard test.

[roll0] Difficulty 34

He is not stunned.

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:17 PM
Orzax Swift Attack

WS = 45
Bonuses: +20% from Troll being outnumbered 3 to 1. Impact Quality; attacks cause highest roll of 2d10. Slow Quality; +10% to dodge or parry. Strike Mighty Blow: +1 to damage.

The Troll's going to try to parry the second blow this time.

1st attack: [roll0] Difficulty 65
Damage= [roll1] or [roll2] (pick highest)

2nd attack: [roll3] Difficulty 65
Damage= [roll4] or [roll5] (pick highest)

Troll's parry attempt: WS = 38
Bonuses: +10% from Slow quality of great weapon. -20% from being outnumbered 3 to 1.

[roll6] Difficulty 28

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:19 PM
First blow is +10 on the crit chart. [roll0] Reverse of 56=65 so hit in the body with a mighty crunch.

Xsesiv
2008-11-07, 08:26 PM
OK, complex rules for this hit:
Your axe hacks your opponent’s groin, puncturing the bladder. With a faint odour of ammonia, urine spills from the wound onto the floor, stunning him for [roll0] rounds. Your opponent must make a Challenging (-10%) WP test or gain one extra IP as he realizes what has happened. He will suffer a penalty of –20% to all actions for the rest of the battle. Urine is more or less sterile, meaning he will only have to make a Challenging (-10%) T test to avoid contracting a lethal infection. If he survives he must make a Challenging (-10%) T test or be prone to leakage and constantly reek of urine, permanently reducing his Fel by –10%.

OK, Troll's WP=25.
Bonuses: -10 from Challenging test.
[roll1] Difficulty 15

The stunning means the next attack also hit, in the (reverse of 34=43) left arm. +10 on crits charts[roll2], and you swung into his arm, continuing a declining arc through the body out of the opposite hip. The body falls to the ground in two pieces, connected by a few flaps of skin.

psycojester
2008-11-07, 09:19 PM
Remigo glances from the corpse to the spreading pool of troll innards, urine and bodily fluids. "I refuse to let cleaning that up be my problem"

A broad grin spreads across his face and he throws an arm around the shoulders of the friar and the dwarf,this involves some interesting lop-sided bending but since they just killed a troll together Remigo thinks it's worth the effort.

"Well my friends, we're now mighty town saving heroes! Lets retire to the tavern and bask in the adoration of the towns adoring wenches......." Remigo remembers his companions and reassesses his plan "Well i'll bask in the adoration of their maidens and you two can enjoy the gratitude of the taverns cellars."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-08, 08:23 AM
That sounds like a marvelous idea. Orzax says following Remigo into the tavern.

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 11:31 AM
There is suddenly a heart-rending cry from the other side of the town.
"My son!" screams an older gentleman in a Noble's outfit, leaning down to hug the rake, avoiding the spattered brains. He yells to the entire village, hoping to reach Remigo."My son is dead! Rest assured, you Estalian son of a whore, that I know you did this, and that I will see you hung up by the Altdorf Eggs before I permit you to die! Your companions shall suffer the same fate and I care not if they are involved, but they will have only you to blame!"
Aside, to his bodyguards, he mutters; "Kill all the strangers."

@Bernholt:
The noble and his bodyguard arrive in the cell forcing you to retreat into the main body of the prison.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-08, 12:48 PM
Well, on second thought maybe we should go as quickly and un noticeably out of this town now and when we get to the 6th town we pass then we can celebrate. I'm going to get my possessions and I'll meet you outside the town. Orzax says going to the troll slayers barracks.

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 02:42 PM
@Bernholt: A rush of green and silver runs towards you from the Altern Forest as you try to slip out of the front door. It picks you up, covers your mouth and slams you against the inside wall. It then pulls back its hood, and stares at you. It is a Wood Elf.
"Don't struggle, I am quite capable of killing." You decide to believe him. "I saw it all," he says, a hand clamped over your mouth as he stares into your eyes."Imperial justice is swift, through rarely applied correctly. Get out of this town immediately! Tilmann Frohlich, remember the name. He is a Priest of Sigmar; you will recognise him by the hammer. He is meaning to leave town, as are you. Join up with his group; a Trollslayer leads them. If possible, steer them toward the Altern Forest and you will gain the wholehearted support of the Wood Elves."

The Elf removes his hand and sprints off to the wood again, hoping against hope.

If you want more information, you can make a Very Easy Perception test; there is a chance you saw very little because of the panic.

UserClone
2008-11-08, 02:56 PM
[roll0] vs 69.
Bernholt retreats into the main body of the jail, stopping to grab a swig of wine from the bottle, he is shocked and drops the bottle when the elf slams him against the wall. Looking towards the tavern, he sees those fellows that had been fighting off the troll who'd almost killed him, he is surprised to have found them still alive. Impressed, and in desperate need of some backup, the wiry young man mutters a short prayer to Ranald that these men won't just kill him all the same, and hisses, "Pssst!", waving them over towards the forest.

((Bearing in mind, this fellow has the rake's weapons on him.))

Edit: Poop! Managed to fail an easy one! :smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 05:31 PM
@Bernholt: All you see is that the Elf had silver hair, purple eyes and, (from the look of it) green skin, dressed in green, and carried a veritable arsenal of weaponry. No real details, though.

@Everyone else: A lean young man tries to attract your attention by hissing at you from near the jail.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-08, 06:21 PM
After getting his equipment from the barracks and signing out on the board, Orzax motions the others to follow him out into the forest. This way looks quicker, and there be an elf up ahead.

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 08:11 PM
as the toll dies tilmann says hah sigmar has smiled upon us this day with such a stupid troll, theres not a scratch on us!

shortly afterwards he hears the man trying to get their attention and goes over hurriedly but keeps his distance incase this is someone trying to get the better of him what is it? what do you want? calling us over with such urgency? (tilmanns hammer was clearly visable on his side)

UserClone
2008-11-08, 08:29 PM
"Not here, we'll talk in the forest!" whispers the lad urgently. Without looking back, he hurries into the forest a couple of dozen yards.

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 08:31 PM
tilmann thinks to himself "hmmm ive got all my possesions on me anyway so no need to go back to the tavern... DAMN" he thought, "i already paid for the room." and with that he caught up with the stranger and the trollslayer in the woods,

*pant pant* so what was it you wanted stranger?

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 09:29 PM
The green and silver blur moves in again, this time dropping from the forest canopy. ""Frohlich!" it shouts, landing just behind Tilmann in order to give him a fright. A group of Kithband Warriors drop from trees beside him. The Wood Elf is carrying masses of equipment; he has two blackjacks hung over his shoulders for knocking people out, straps crossing his body each holding five throwing daggers at the front, slim blades at his hips, one of the straps holding a quiver at the back, the other holding a greatsword, two extra fighting daggers in his boots, a backpack, two slingbags, several pouches at his belt, and most importantly an Elfbow strung over his back. He is dressed in a hooded sleeved studded-leather jacket, with matching leggings. The whole ensemble is dyed green with plants and disguised with leaves, as are his face and hands. However there is no disguising the purple eyes or silver hair. "Tilmann! Asúryan be praised! Four years!" shouts Ravandil. "I thought you dead for sure!" Clearly, he has grown younger with age, for he is much more playful at 69 than he was at 65.

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 09:36 PM
arrhhhh!!! tilmann almost jumps out his skinwait i know that voice tilmann turns around, and his face brightens up hey ravandil! long time no see!... yeah im still alive, but why are you here, why now? tilmann was starting to look confused as he notices all the kithband warriors join him surely somethings going on? tilmann wasnt sure weather to be overjoyed at meeting an old aquaintence or weather to be scared that something bad had happened

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 09:44 PM
"There is much going on. I have to deliver these weapons to the Elves of this forest, to defend it, as is my life's work, against Goblinoids."
He slips into Eltharín to command his troops.
"Stay your weapons. I apologise, Tilmann, for the military force. I had to meet you, for word travels fast when spread by the keen senses of elves - we hear each other gossiping miles away. I agree with your quest against Chaos completely, and I met this young...criminal earlier."
He points at Bernholt.
"He is who brought you to me I believe. I am a Ghost Strider now, and this is my band of Kithband Warriors. I would tell you their names, but you would not be able to pronounce them."
The Elves that can understand Ravandil's Reikspiel snigger a little at this.
"Who are these companions on your quest of Law?"
He indicates the Trollslayer, the Diestro who is yet to catch up, and the hooded figure.

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 09:57 PM
they would be orzax, a trollslayer, and remigo, a good man to watch duel tilmann let out a smirk what is it you needed to see me about friend?

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 10:05 PM
"Reassurance. The futility of such quests is often beyond comprehension. I hate it. Good is crushed at every step. I was; how do you Reikspiel-speakers put it; in the neighbourhood. I don't want such a worthy quest to be destroyed from the rage of the father of a mindless rake, so I will try to aid you. I can offer you safe passage through all woods of the Empire, I can supply you with anything you need, weapons, armour, food, shelter...or, if you need to, you can stay here until the search dies down. Or all three, but I strongly advise you to take the third one up at least; Nobles can afford to hire mercenaries, and they will torture you to death for a crown; I believe I heard, from a quarter-mile away, the Noble in question threatening to get someone "hung up by the Altdorf Eggs". I promised to help you before, and I promise to help you now; but I apologise for the sorry state of these woods and the circumstances in which we met."

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 10:11 PM
by sigmar, do not appologise friend, this is much more than we could ever ask for, and we will gladly accept any hospitality you offer! tilmann thanks ravendil graciously, of course we will stay for a short while at least, get some food supplies and the like ready for our journey tilmann bows may sigmar bless everyone of you and these woods

Xsesiv
2008-11-08, 10:20 PM
"And may Andúríl, father of the Gods, bless you, and Sigmar also."

The Elves chatter to Ravandil in Eltharin.

"No," he replies in Eltharin. "No, I trust this man, and any man or Dwarf he brings here is a good one. I shall not turn him away. Why do you worry? I have felled squirrels from half a mile, what makes you think he wll get away if he attempts to attack us? I am sure he will not, he will make a valuable ally. I am deeply sorry for my subordinates' idiotic suspicion, friend, they are worried of the Dwarf. I have ignored these stupid remarks, and we will make a camp for your party in a few half-hours." he adds in Reikspiel."Before that, I shall leave you. I will be back presently, without my heavy weapon stock and with tents, blankets and such."

Before he leaves, Ravandil extends a handshake to the Diestro, Hedge Wizard and Trollslayer.
"Ravandil Falandar, Ghost Strider, is very pleased to meet you both."

littlebottom
2008-11-08, 10:55 PM
hmmm do not worry, the troll slayer is indeed intimidating, and i believe your races dont get along all that well as it is so im sure they were right to some degree to use caution

psycojester
2008-11-09, 01:08 AM
Remigo shakes Ravandil's hand, a smile on his lips that never reaches his eyes "Please, call me Remigo Venichi, swordsman of the Diestro school and exiled heir to the Venichi trade empire, i'd give you my full name in Estalian but i'm quite sure that you'd mangle it so i'd much rather act like a smug bastard instead"

He releases Ravandil's hand and steps back "Pissing contests aside your offer is appreciated, what i really need at this junction is a cool wine, a warm woman and to be a very long way away from any vengeful fathers who rightfully should be celebrating the improvement to their bloodline.

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 06:55 AM
First and foremost, I apologise for my wording. I did not mean to sound offensive, I was merely stating the fact that most humans cannot pronounce Eltharic sounds correctly. To business; I shall move you as far from Eicheschatten as possible within the forest. I shall also get you some wine, but I'm afraid I cannot supply your second request as all the women have been evacuated to the Great Forest temporarily. Much is due to happen in a few months. I suggest you get far, far away before then because there will be yet another Greenskin invasion on this forest. You are perfectly safe at the moment, as it will be weeks at the least when the Goblinoids invade, but you can't blame us for being ready.

He turns and jogs off to get the camping items, with the Kithband Warriors hot on his tail. You have a few minutes to do what you like.

UserClone
2008-11-09, 09:21 AM
Strauss hesitatingly accepts the hanshake, his other hand tensing on the hilt of his main gauche. He says nothing at first. But as the elf turns to leave, Bernolt calls, "Wait!" Reaching behind his back, he retrieves the four stolen daggers, dropping them on the ground at his feet. "For your cause." He steps back from the daggers, wary of the elves.

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 09:23 AM
Ravandil scoops up the daggers. "I thank you on behalf of the Altern Forest Elves. Where did you get these from?"

UserClone
2008-11-09, 09:25 AM
"From those what didn't need 'em, is all. They'll be better off in your hands, I 'spect." After this, Bernolt remains silent on the matter.

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 09:28 AM
The elf raises a suspicious silver eyebrow.

"Is that so?"
He draws out one dagger to look at it, inspecting the quality, and scratches his chin with the point, a habit he is never to lose.
"I thank you anyway."

He turns off to leave, leaving the Hedge Wizard with the rest of the party, who don't know who he is.

littlebottom
2008-11-09, 09:38 AM
back to the question, turning back to the stranger who are you and what did you want from me earlyer?

drum-n-bass
2008-11-09, 09:40 AM
Orzax takes a break from all this chaos, and relaxes under a tree searching for any fruit to be found.

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 09:44 AM
OK, that's an Outdoor Survival skill test, which you don't have, so roll against half Int.
(Result in OOC thread)
You find no fruit and only one suspicious-looking mushroom. If anybody has Outdoor Survival or Common Knowledge (Herbology or Alchemist) they can identify it. Otherwise you will have to guess about its safety.

littlebottom
2008-11-09, 12:24 PM
tilmann looks over his sholder and sees the trollslayer looking at a mushroom
half int 16 [roll0]
tilmann wonders what the mushroom is, and turns back to the stranger, but keeping an eye on the trollslayer

psycojester
2008-11-09, 12:50 PM
Remigo runs a cursory glance over the newcomer, decided he could probably carve his name into him without breaking a sweat and pays him no further attention.

Strolling over to Orzax, Remigo sat down with his back against the tree, folds his hand and closes his eyes. "You know my friend" Remigo remarks in a soft voice "You seem remarkably calm for a member of the cult of Grimnir. I've met a couple of other Slayers in my travels, grim types, very intense. If you won't begrudge me saying it, you seem to lack the obsessive drive to die"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-09, 03:01 PM
Aye, I've heard that before. I've learned to control me emotions and what I say to people. I'm not the angry type, I'm the lamenting type. You see what made me become a trollslayer was a couple years ago. Me an' me wife got married happily. I worked as a smith and miner so I could keep money coming in. After a couple months it seemed like me wife got less interested in me. I found out later on, that she was sleeping with one of the higher ups in the mine I was workin in. I continued to live with her and provide for me and me family thinkin she would realize I was the one payin for the bills and food and that she would come back to me. Unfortunately, she soon became gravely ill and died before i got to see her again. Some of me previous mine friends say that the guy she was sleepin with poisoned her. I soon started weeping as my family died too. I quit both jobs and decided I had nothing to live for except death, so why not help aid the process. I've never seen that dwarf again, although when I do, I'll.....Well......I'll do somethin horrible to him. Now if you don't mind me, I will take a nap before we hit the road again. Orzax says falling asleep against the tree.

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 03:10 PM
Did you decide to eat the mushroom or no?

Ravandil arrives carrying several tent wraps and blankets, his Elfbow, a hatchet for cutting wood, and rations, herbs and vegetables. His Kithband Warriors, in twos, are bearing in a cask of wine, one of ale, and one of Elven elixir. He tosses the blankets to the floor and the Kithband Warriors begin to put up the tents as Ravandil sets up a central firepit. "Here you are. It is exceptionally strange to meet a group that contains both a Trollslayer and a spellcaster," he remarks.

@Everyone but Bernolt: Remember, you don't know Bernolt's a spellcaster.

littlebottom
2008-11-09, 04:27 PM
wha?! a spell caster? but we dont have a spell caster? remigo, your not a spellcaster are you?

i dont know that sigmar has blessed me to be able to use magic myself yet

tilmanns gaze slowly moves over to the stranger whats your name? are you a spell caster? tilmann raises an inquisitive eyebrow

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 04:44 PM
"As is usual amongst Elves, a few of my men are more attuned to the Aethyr. They noticed this hooded gentleman's power as soon as they saw him. But it is raw, no formation to the winds." He pauses and coughs. "I suggest you do something about his magic, control it if not master it, because I don't want the Rotwyrms after us. If you have worked out you have the magic," he tells Bernolt, "prove to us you can control it. I want to know we are safe."

littlebottom
2008-11-09, 05:13 PM
tilmann decides to step back from the stranger dreading this "proof" that his safe.... knowing that the truth might be far from that

Xsesiv
2008-11-09, 05:20 PM
"If you know how, cast a spell now! If you don't, be careful!" Ravandil is becoming quite agitated as he hops up and down waiting for confirmation or denial.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 10:56 AM
BERNOLT (not tilmann)

bernolt, looks at the small fire pit that ravandil had just made, and picks up some flint off the floor (just let it be there for ease of plot) and crouches by the pit, with flint in one hand and the other is held towards the kindling with an open palm, hedge magic spell, magic flame:
cast number 3
half action
a peice of flint gives +1 to roll
description: you cause a blueish flame to burst into life in the open palm of your hand, it lasts as long as your hand stays open or you cast another spell, the flame is too small to cause anyone any direct harm, but provides illumination of a candle and can be used to ignite flammable materials.

magic ability: 1, cast number 3 roll gets a +1 due to flint (but if the dice still rolls 1 with the +1 making 2, it still counts as 1) (just dont roll a 1 or bad things might happen :smalleek: [roll0]

a small blue flame appears in bernolts open hand and he lights the kindling quickly into a nice warm fire.

(i can delete this post if you disagree with what i just did, sorry i took the liberty)

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 11:03 AM
Ravandil coughs in a nervous way; not worried for his safety, just socially awkward. He takes out his hatchet and gives it to a Kithband Warrior with a few words in Eltharin. "Wood suitable for cooking; that burns for a long time with small flames and much heat". He straightens up and talks to the entire assembly in Reikspiel, the Kithband Warriors realising it is intelligent and effective for those who speak Reikspiel to translate into Eltharin for those who can't. "Gentlemen, Kizthbandí, Grimnir and Caballero," using the Estalian term of respect to the Diestro and Khazalid to the Trollslayer to win back some approval and a reputation for cultural respect. "I am going into the forest to kill a deer or boar for some fresh food for our guests. Send for the chef." He pulls his bow from his shoulder. "Tilmann, I hope you won't take it amiss if I ask you to come with me."

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 11:08 AM
why no old friend i would be glad to come! tilmann looks back at the party wait here we shouldnt be long tilmann stops for a second i havnt met ravandil for a long time, sorry to seem so dismissive of all of you he says with a slightly guilty face, then turns to follow ravandil

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 11:10 AM
Ravandil easily strolls through the underbrush toward a stream as you struggle along behind him ripping your robes on trees.

Ravandil now has Int 59, Outdoor Survival+20% and gains a +10% bonus for hunting in what is essentially his own home, +5% for Concealment and Silent Move together, and +5 for Rover. Outdoor Survival test for hunting: [roll0] (difficulty 99) (Well he clearly doesn't go hungry much.)

Ravandil breathes the tune of a ballad he recently heard through his teeth. "Tilmann, you are a good man," he says, clearly uncomfortable. He easily fells a large deer that is drinking from the stream with a well-placed arrow straight through the eye into its brain. "I can tell that that hedge-wizard is good as well." He retrieves his arrow from the deer's brain, sticks it in the floor to wipe it and puts it back in his quiver, then takes out a knife and begins to skin the deer. "Get him to a college, Tilmann, or at least keep an eye on him. No, you must take him with you. Colleges will recognise him from his Wanted poster. He clearly needs to be kept an eye on; he is not yet fully matured, and I don't know where he got all those weapons from, and I don't really want to know. You're not squeamish, I hope." and with that he cuts off the head of the deer and, using the strength imbued by a lifetime spent in nature's realm, pulls its guts by the head. He chips off the antlers and rolls them in the skin, then cuts a slim pole from a nearby sapling, inserts it through the deer, and grabs one end. "Help me carry it back, please...esteemed Priest of Sigmar. And I hope you become as fine a leader of Dwarves and Men as Sigmar himself was." He smiles.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 11:29 AM
im not too squeamish, no, its mainly when many good men are murdered for no reason that i feel squeamish, and even then its for the fact i do not see how someone could bring themselves to do that, which is extra insentive to kill these hoards of chaos and greenskins... tilmann helps ravandil by picking the other end of the pole and begins to walk hmmm and yes, you are right that hedge wizard does need an eye over him, and i think i can do my best at this, but if he will not go with us willingly i will not force him, but i will try to convince him its the best to do

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 11:33 AM
@Tilmann: Ravandil slips into his mother tongue. "Yrch!" He drops the deer and crawls towards the underbrush at the edge of the path, seeing something on the other side of the hedge. Make an Easy Perception test.

@Everyone else: A strange young man, four and a half foot high, turns up. He is too short to be a Human or Elf, too tall to be a Halfling (though he is barefoot like a Halfling), and has no beard or Slayer crest, so is not a Dwarf. His blond hair reaches his heavyset shoulders and he wears armour like Ravandil's.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 11:37 AM
perception int roll 32+20 easy 52 [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 11:44 AM
Ravandil yanks you down beside him and points through the hedge. "Goblins!" he says. "Five of them. Shall we get them gone now, or do you not want the others to miss the fun?"

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 11:48 AM
GREENSKINS! says tilmann in a load hiss but not load enough to alert the goblins hmm i would love to take them now but i feel that would leave us gravely wounded, you go get the rest i shall keep an eye on them, as your tracking skills are better than mine, so even if they move and i follow them you can follow my tracks, ill make them obvious to find for you, now go quick!

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 11:54 AM
Ravandil punches himself in the face as Tilmann stifles his hiss, nearly giving away their position. "Just..just...OK, I'll get the others." Clearly disappointed, he starts to put his silver hair ina ponytail as he traipses off.

OK, make a Very Easy Concealment Test and a Very Easy Silent Move test. If you fail both the Greenskins will notice you.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 11:57 AM
good luck tilmann says as ravandil runs off, then returns to watching the greenskins, keeping an eye on them from the bush, hoping that everyone arrived soon

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 12:06 PM
Ravandil arrives at the camp. The tents are now made up and a large fire blazing. He calls out to his six Kithband Warriors and Orzax, Remigo, Bernolt and the short character. "Greenskins are here, five of them. does anybody want to come and help us wipe such scum from the earth?"

UserClone
2008-11-10, 12:47 PM
Bernolt frowns. "I don't see no use in killin' somethin' what don't pose no immediate threat to me. Count me out." He then picks up a nearby stick and begins to whittle it with his dagger.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 01:15 PM
"They will pose a threat to you! They are here to pillage the forest! Señor Venichi? Dwarf?" The six Kithband warriors have their Elfbows out and the short person has a flambard shortsword out in his right stubby hand and a large cleaver in his left fist and they are all waiting to follow Ravandil, who has also drawn his bow.

UserClone
2008-11-10, 03:43 PM
Strauss remains unimpressed with this zealotry and finishes carving a hole in the other end of the stick. Putting away his knife, he jabs the stake into the ground, tying one end of several pieces of hemp fiber, which he produces from his pack, to it. He then begins weaving them together into one cohesive rope, albeit a very, very short one for the moment.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 03:48 PM
"What are you doing?" The elf asks in complete earnest, not incredulity.

"Ah, I see. You are making a rope. Is this fitting for a spellcaster? Should you not be using your powers for good, starting by killing the Goblins?"

Terrain for when and if the fight breaks out.
http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/Xplosiv_bucket/?action=view&current=terrain.png
What do you think? Better than last one or worse?

UserClone
2008-11-10, 04:10 PM
Bernolt's temper flares for a moment. "What gain is there to be had in killin' that which ain't killin' you and yours?!" he shouts, not looking up from his work, but with a frustration in his voice and expression nonetheless.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 04:17 PM
"They have been "killin' me 'n' mine" for aeons uncounted, without provocation or excuse! They simply enjoy it! They are not worthy of life! And they have killed you and yours! Clearly, they are planning an attack! We have known this for months! I care not of the lives of these goblins, a likely scouting party for a larger group! We must defend ourselves as well as you would! How would you like it if your house burned down while you stood next to a well? That is what not killing the Goblins is tantamount to!" The elf regains his composure, and begins to talk politely again. "I shall not force you to fight alongside me, or to see things my way. Would anyone else like to help me, or shall Tilmann fight and die alone as we alert the Goblins by bickering?"

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 05:41 PM
i hope they get back soon tilmann wonders, keeping an eye on these goblins, "for if they spot me im in trouble" he continues

wouldnt like to be annoying but hedge wizards petty magic doesnt include a spell to attack with directly but of corse you can improvise flameing balls of cloth with some sticking thing on the back and throw them at them lol they would be distracted to hell and be in alot of pain but that is quite long winded thing to do in combat, anyway whats happening about the goblins atm Xsesiv?

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 05:47 PM
One of the Goblins pricks up his ears as he hears Bernolt's shouting.

"D'yoo hears summink? he asks his four friends.
Ravandil shouts back at him in retaliation. The other four nod. "Yeah, I'm tinkin' 'ts a few stinkin' Elveses! Maybe some Humies! Let's root's 'em out!" They begin to sniff about looking for Elves or Humans.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 05:53 PM
tilmann freezes at what he hears, although his hand seems to be moving to his hammer all on its own, and pulls it up ready for battle incase he is found, if they start moving towards the camp, the others may not be ready so he may have to start attacking to delay them and call to the others for help (if they could hear the argument they can hear me calling for help)

drum-n-bass
2008-11-10, 05:53 PM
After hearing greenskins, Orzax wakes up with his axe in hand. I be ready for any greenskins threatin where I be at, they be easier then trolls.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 05:56 PM
One Goblin sees Tilmann on the other side of the hedge. He lets out a terrible warcry as he struggles through the hedge which will delay him for one round. Ravandil hears and runs up to the place with the Kithband Warriors and short characters hot on his heels.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:01 PM
Rolling initiative for NPCs:
Goblins: [roll0]
Kithband Warriors: [roll1]
Ravandil: [roll2]
Short Person: [roll3]

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:04 PM
tilmann quickly curses in dwarven (he finds it has more kick) tilmann (im guessing i get a free action at this point) raises his hammer and shouts sigmar guide my hand... FOR SIGMAR!!! trying to alert the others at the same time magic 1 cast difficulty 4 [roll0] and then swipes at the goblin scrambling through the bush ws 41 [roll1] damage 1d10 +4 (add an extra 1 to the roll if i cast succesfully) [roll2]

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:09 PM
forgot to roll initiative [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:12 PM
No need to try and use magic, you don't know you have it, so you wouldn't try. BTW, roll initiative.

Ravandil goes first, firing Attacks=4 Damage 3 Armour Piercing arrows at the Goblins.
Full action: Swift Attack

BS=71 but hedge in the way so -20
#1 [roll0] (difficulty 51)
#2 [roll1] (difficulty 51)
#3 [roll2] (difficulty 51)
#4 [roll3] (difficulty 51)
Damage rolls:
#1 [roll4]
#2 [roll5]
#3 [roll6]
#4 [roll7]

Then the small guy goes. He throws his cleaver that does SB-3 damage, then moves in.
Half action: Standard Attack
Half action: Move
BS=44 but hedge in way [roll8](difficulty 24)

Then the Kithband Warriors. Each fires an arrow at the Goblins, then moves in.
BS=46 but hedge in way so -20
#1 [roll9] (difficulty 26)
#2 [roll10] (difficulty 26)
#3 [roll11] (difficulty 26)
#4 [roll12] (difficulty 26)
#5 [roll13] (difficulty 26)
#6 [roll14] (difficulty 26)
Damage:
#1 [roll15]
#2 [roll16]
#3 [roll17]
#4 [roll18]
#5 [roll19]
#6 [roll20]

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:17 PM
wow 4 attacks, and reload as a free action, since i last met ravandil his become a killing machine :smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:17 PM
Ravandil hit 3 Goblins, injuring 1 for 6 Wounds, 1 for 3 and 1 for 2. The first one was also hit by a Kithband Warrior which caused 6 Wounds. +4 on the crits table for the first one. [roll0]

Strangely, entrancing everyone, your hammer begins to glow, and the ghost of a huge hammer follows it around. All the Goblins who can run away in total fear.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:19 PM
The shot of the Kithband Warrior entered the Goblin's head through his mouth, severing the spinal column. He falls to the ground and will die in agony in [roll0] turns.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:21 PM
(i wasnt trying to actually cast the spell as so much have it happen by accident) tilmann goes for an all out attack on the nearest goblin ws 41 +20 =61 [roll0] damage SB =4 [roll1] haha yay i hit

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:22 PM
The second Goblin is hit with the immense force of Ghar Marax, the Heldenhammer itself. He is sent [roll0] yards away as everyone stares at you in awe.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:24 PM
tilmann looks at himself in amazement and wondering what just happened as he watches the little goblin fly through the air

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:26 PM
The other Goblins sprint away in terror as they see Ravandil and each Kithband Warrior nock another arrow each, ready to spray out spinning death, and the ghost of the huge hammer just floating round Tilmann's tiny one.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:29 PM
tilmann looks at the hammer glowing ghost around his own. he waves his hammer about a little, and with the same ease as ususal.... wait... could that be, could it be... the hammer sigmar used himself?! glowing around my own? it looks like dwarfen craftsmanship too... although just a ghostly shape

drum-n-bass
2008-11-10, 06:30 PM
[roll0]
I may be getting offline soon, just to let you know.

Orzax gets up slowly after his nap and blinks his eyes getting adjusted to the light. He then sees the goblins and prepares to attack getting his axe ready.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:31 PM
Ravandil takes four pot-shots at the three remaining goblins as they run off.
#1 [roll0] (difficulty 51)
#2 [roll1] (difficulty 51)
#3 [roll2] (difficulty 51)
#4 [roll3] (difficulty 51)
#1 [roll4]
#2 [roll5]
#3 [roll6]
#4 [roll7]
Two more goblins are mown down as Ravandil turns to Tilmann. "The hammer?" he asks simply.

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:33 PM
Ask Orzax about the hammer if you think it's Dwarven.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:34 PM
tilmann seems to wake up as if he had been day dreaming this, its the legendary hammer of sigmar himself... the ghost of corse not my own hammer he still looks a little confused ive no idea how this happened though... unless sigmar himself did this?

if it is the hammer of sigmar himself i would know its dwarfvan it was just a hint to the character to get to thing of it as sigmars hammer, he would have been taught it as an initiate

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:36 PM
The ghost begins to fade away from your hammer the further away the Goblins get.

Ravandil steps over and physically shakes you.

"Tilmann, are you well? What did you do with that hammer?"

UserClone
2008-11-10, 06:38 PM
"Looks like my position on them not bein' a threat mighta' just shifted a bit," grumbles Bernolt, laying down his work neatly, and, standing upright, grabbing his shillelagh in hand, gripping more now like a club, whereas before it seemed only a walking stick.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:38 PM
i, err.... hit the goblin? it was just there, it just appeared! and i hit the goblin as if i was using the ghostly hammer not my own... tilmann stops for a second and laughs loudly did you see that goblin fly?!!! HAHAHA!

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:39 PM
Ravandil has his troops go back to the campsite. "Come back, we'll have a bit of venison and you can tell me and the others what has happened to you," he says to Tilmann. "You look awfully strange."

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:41 PM
yes, but we must stay vigilant... two of them escaped and im sure they will eaither alert supiriors or come back when they think they will get us by supprise tilmann follows back to the camp hey did you guys see what just happened?!

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:44 PM
"Come on Alfred," says Ravandil as he has the very short man help him lift the deer onto a spit. "This was going to be a welcoming meal. Whatever you did then turned it into a victory feast!"
The short man sits next to Tilmann. "How'd ya do that?" he asks, 1/3 amused, 1/3 curious, and 1/3 terrified.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 06:47 PM
i think... when sigmar came to me in a vision, he blessed me... or i have become his chosen warrior, perhaps i can cast spells like the high priests of sigmar?!

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 06:53 PM
"Try, if you can work out how." Ravandil has the tiny chef turn the spit again.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:00 PM
hmmm ok lets see...

magic 1 blessing of sigmar cast no 4 [roll0]

tilmann holds his hammer in his hand and closes his eyes

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 07:03 PM
The hammerhead is bathed in a gold glow for a couple of seconds, before the ghost of the Heldenhammer appears again, though it lasts only a couple of seconds.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:07 PM
ha! it worked! sigmar truely has blessed me! tilmann jumps up did you all see? sigmar has blessed me with his powers! tilmann settles down then sits back down, wow its a strange feeling to know a god truely has smiled upon me, let alone these powers his given me! with these new powers, smiting evil and greenskins and even deamons of chaos should be easy! tilmann realises what he just says but decidedes its too late to take it back

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 07:08 PM
"Daemons of Chaos? I would approve of their smiting, if such a plan was not born of lunacy! You cannot hope to go about smiting daemons!"

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:11 PM
tilmann feels sufficiently taken down a peg to relax a little weeeeeell he says elongating the word can you blame me? i was a little over excited there i must admit

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 07:16 PM
"Daemon cultists, may be a good start. Right, I'll leave you in privacy now. would you like a few of my Kithband Warriors to take the watch for you?" They don't seem under-eager, as they have faith in Ravandil, though whether unfounded or not is a different matter. Two of them volunteer to take the watch. Before appointing a watch, he strides over to Bernolt and says to him: "I apologise for becoming so indignant and attacking your views. All it did was call the Goblins. It was entirely my fault. Once again, I apologise...my friend?" The final two words are more of a question than a term of endearment.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:20 PM
hmm i cant wait for the food to be ready, when it is i think i will eat it happily and also enjoy a good rest tilmann says to no one in particular, then wanders over to a tent, i think ill use this one and goes inside placing down his stuff inside the tent and getting it ready so he could go to sleep as soon as he had been fed

UserClone
2008-11-10, 07:21 PM
Bernolt's eyes narrow suspiciously for a brief moment, but then relax. The fight goes out of him."Aye," he responds, extending a hand in truce. "Friend ye' are, until ye' prove yis'self otherwise." With a jaunty grin, he adds, "After all, I need all the friends I can get, hey?"

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:23 PM
tilmann steps out his tent and says to bernolt huh we still dont know your name? and what will you be doing in the morning? will you travel with us?

UserClone
2008-11-10, 07:28 PM
Turning to Tilmann, the lad replies sheepishly, "Sorry, sorry, manners were never my strong suit. Strauss, I'm called. Bernolt Strauss, and I'd like to camp here for the night if you'll let me. I won't steal nothin' or hurt nobody, I swear it."

Xsesiv
2008-11-10, 07:28 PM
For the purposes of not wasting time, let's assume the rest of the evening passes without incident, you eat some venison and vegetables, drink some wine, ale or Elven elixir, two Warriors take the watch, and you go to bed, though Tilmann is so excited he is utterly incapable of sleeping.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:31 PM
"oh man" thinks tilmann while lying in bed awake "that was exciting"

heh sorry had to do it

drum-n-bass
2008-11-10, 07:41 PM
Heading to bed Orzax after finishing the delicious meal, he finds one of the smaller tents leaving the bigger ones for the bigger people. Setting his stuff inside he falls asleep quickly without trouble.

littlebottom
2008-11-10, 07:43 PM
as the sun begins to rise tilmann gets out of his tent bringing his belongings with him, and looks around for any left over food for brekfast or any other form of food

Xsesiv
2008-11-11, 03:15 AM
It is now Bezahltag (Taxday) 14th Pflugzeit. There's still half a deer on the spit. One Kithband Warrior, seeing you looking for food, drops down and opens up one of the blankets that is wrapped around some food. He takes out a few small loaves of bread and holds one out to you.

littlebottom
2008-11-11, 07:42 AM
tilmann will take the loaf with a smile thank you, sigmars blessing on you and looks at the loaf then rips a bit off and inspects it before eating it down, mmmm thanks, that tastes lovely, up all night were you?

Xsesiv
2008-11-11, 11:02 AM
The elf can't speak Reikspiel, so he sends for a friend who can speak a little. "No, we took turns. You are up early, Ravandil is just about to take his."

Ravandil walks up rubbing sleep from his eyes just as the elf says this, with the strange short man in tow.

"I bid you good morning, Tilmann. I trust you are well. Forgive me, I never introduced this man here. This is Alfred Bunce, a Half-Halfling, our camp cook. I need to tell you something but I will wait until the whole group is awake."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-11, 06:55 PM
Waking up to the glorious smell of a half eaten deer still on the spit, Orzax stumbles out of his tent and almost falls into the firepit. Getting up he pulls some meat off and takes a loaf of bread ripping it in half and stuffing meat inside of it, then he starts to eat at it not noticing anyone looking at him.

UserClone
2008-11-11, 09:07 PM
Bernolt rises fairly early, with only a few others already awake, including those on watch. He stares at the deer on the spit, watching it rotate, its juices dripping constantly down the side as it is turned. He is clearly ravenous, but dares not take any without it being offered.

psycojester
2008-11-11, 11:04 PM
Rising refreshed and energized after his obscenely long sleep, Remigo stretches and joins his comrades at breakfast by the fire. Skewering a chunk of dear on his dagger.

Wandering around this forest with your elf friend is all very well and good Remigo remarked in between tearing mouthfuls of dear from the blade with his teeth "But unless they're planning on having feather mattresses, several taverns and a gambling hall installed in it, i really don't think it offers us any long term prospects. What i'm thrusting at here is, what's our plan after we part ways with the elves.

littlebottom
2008-11-12, 06:16 AM
tilmann takes some of the deer, and sits by the firepit, nice to meet you alfred, this deer is brilliant, you can cook without a fully equiped kitchen, that is indeed a useful skill tilmann turns back to ravandil well it appears we are all up, what is this thing you need to tell us?

Arq Kujos
2008-11-12, 10:13 AM
((Holy cow, this is awesome. Is there room for one more?))

littlebottom
2008-11-12, 10:16 AM
go to the ooc please, same name

Xsesiv
2008-11-12, 10:58 AM
"There are five Orcs headed for us. I suppose you are right, Tilmann, the Goblins contacted a larger force. Also, three merceneries under the employ of a noble of Eicheschatten with a Witch Hunter are coming from the other way. You all need to get out of here, and fast. I suggest taking the River Aver, as it is Orcs one way, hired goons the other way. The river will get you down to Averheim in less than a day, and back to the major roads."

UserClone
2008-11-12, 12:16 PM
Bernolt pales at the mere mention of a Witch Hunter. He blurts out, "Right then. The river it is! Let's get a move on, boys!" He then hurries to gather his effects, and then helps to break down the camp.

Xsesiv
2008-11-12, 12:18 PM
"Those are our tents, we will remove them. Just follow Alfred; he will take you to the boats."

The Half-Halfling grins and beckons, before leading you southwest.
As he walks off, he says "C'mon, Soreheads! And Ravvy, I ain't gonna do tha washin'-up!"

Ravandil mutters to himself as he pulls out some Orcan arrows. "Ha, this'll play the two forces against each other. I'll just fire these at the Mercenaries, and..."

He gets this far before you can hear any more. Alfred walks beside Orzax to avoid being dwarfed (no pun intended) by the humans.

"Awright?"

UserClone
2008-11-12, 03:48 PM
"By all means, lead the way, but let's be off." It is clear that Strauss is in a hurry.

Xsesiv
2008-11-12, 04:27 PM
Alfred leads you down to a few rowing boats moored on a secluded bank. The floor is thick with moss and trees, flowers, butterflies and birds abound. The boats will be conspicuous in open water, though, as they are painted green. Alfred points you towards them, pulls out a dagger and trims one of his toenails. "Wait a secular! Ravvy told me to give you these." He gives whoever accepts it first a green leather pouch.

littlebottom
2008-11-12, 06:42 PM
whats this then? tilmann takes the green leather pouch and empties its contents into his open hand for all to see, but grasping onto it incase someone tried to take it as he knew the hedge wizard had sticky fingers so to speak, and tilmann was a trusting man but its best to make sure

drum-n-bass
2008-11-12, 06:43 PM
Grabbing his equipment from his bag, Orzax silently following the others down to the river. He then walks past the halfling and human to the boat. Then gets on the boat and sits down to help oar. I can oar, if no one else wants to.

Darn You littlebottom, I was about to grab it.
:smalltongue:
You ninja-ed me!

UserClone
2008-11-12, 09:58 PM
Silently sitting own next to Orzax, Bernolt lays down his shillelagh and takes up an oar. "Well what're we waitin' for? Let's get a move on," he urges the others.

psycojester
2008-11-13, 10:55 AM
Remigo raises an eyebrow and glances disdainfully at Bernolt "you've been in the group roughly five minutes less than the rest of us, that makes you the junior member, so quit your ordering and get rowing"

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 11:08 AM
The bag contains a purse of [roll0] gc, the four daggers from Bernolt, and a day's rations for each of you with a note in stilted Reikspiel.
"Friends,
I would keep the daggers, were they not inscribed with names. Try the curiosity shop in Averheim, headed by a Herr Hugelstein. The money should buy you something helpful for your quest from him; we have no need of it.
Ravandil.
Inscribed by Wizard Mellion."

If two people are rowing (by my rules) they get to make all Row tests at double Strength, but they both have to make a Very Easy Row test to stay in harmony or veer off to one side (the side of the person with lowest Strength). That doesn't much matter on a river, but it would still be annoying. Let's assume you're about halfway down the river, when...

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 12:02 PM
Amendil started to gasp for air. He had been running for a while now, and he wasn't sure he would make it to a town before the orcs caught up to him. Dammit! I thought I had lost them back in that stretch of woods. He made his way to the river and started to run along side of it. Then, off is the distance, he saw a boat coming. A boat? Maybe they can help me. Amendil started waving his arms trying to get their attention. "Hey!" he shouted in between gasps for air. "Over here!"

UserClone
2008-11-13, 12:26 PM
"Hm. We're a bit laden already. I dunno. Wot do you boys reckon?"

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 12:34 PM
The five Orcs come sprinting round the river bend waving their choppas at the elf and screaming hideous warcries.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 01:04 PM
Amendil looked back and saw the Orcs coming. "By Asuryan's flame!" He reached on his back and pulled out his greatsword. "Come and face me!" He swung his sword in the air and then pointed it at the Orcs. He hadn't expected them to catch him so quickly, but now was not the time for regrets.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 01:08 PM
One of the Orcs pales a little at the sight of the greatsword, but he slows down and begins to make a cautious advance. The other four badly overestimated their runs, and end up next to you, teetering on the riverbank. Two of them fall in and drown.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 01:13 PM
Ok, now we roll initiative, right?

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 01:15 PM
Yep. Orc's Ag is 25. 25+1d10= [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 01:25 PM
Ok, mine is 40+d10=(1d10 = 9)+40=49

Do you have a preferred online dice roller? Cause I use this one. http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 01:33 PM
I use the site one.

Anyhow, your go.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 01:49 PM
Ok, so I am taking a half action to aim and then a half action to attack the orc closest to me. Where is the roller for the threads? Until I find it, I'm just going to use the one I found. I rolled a (1d100 = 27). I aimed, so that increases my WS by 10%, so that puts me at 51. I believe I hit, if I read the rule book right.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:00 PM
(Personally, I'd push the orcs into the river, but w/e.)
The roller on the site is just HowevermanydWhatever

You hit the Orc in the head. reverse of 51= 15, a head hit. Orcs have 1 Armour point here, and a TB of 4. Roll for damage, but you get -5 damage from it.

The greatsword, being a great weapon, does (SB=2)+1+1d10(-5 from armour and TB) damage, but it also has the Impact quality, so you can make two rolls and pick the deadlier.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:06 PM
My SB is 3. :smallsmile: Anyway, 3+1+[roll0]=14-5=9

Roll 0=10, right?

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:07 PM
My SB is 3. :smallsmile: Anyway, 3+1+[roll0]=14-5=9

Roll 0=10, right?

I got a 10 on the roll. I saw no reason to roll again.:smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:07 PM
You could have inflicted Ulric's Fury here, so you have to make another WS test. If you succeed, you can roll another 1d10 and add that. If that's also 10, you can just keep rolling till you roll less than a 10.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:19 PM
Ulric's Fury? Is that like a critical hit in D&D?

God I'm dumb. Sorry.

So, I role another d10 and do it again?

Dammit, every time I type in "roll"1d10"/roll", all I get is [roll0]. I know you use brackets, I'm just using quotes to so my example. Am I doing something wrong? :smallfurious:

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:22 PM
No, Critical Hits are different. Ulric's Fury is a particularly deadly blow, like smacking someone in a pressure point, that have a chance to do more than normal damage. If you succeed a WS test, then you have an extra d10.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:27 PM
Aha. That makes sense.

Ok, I thought I figured it out. I guess not.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:29 PM
No, you have to succeed a WS test before you can cause that extra damage.

And I figured out the problem with the dice roller!

d100

Rolls don't like working on edits.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:39 PM
Trying again. [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:40 PM
YES!!!! Haha! I finally did it.

So, a 1? Is that good?

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:46 PM
1 is bloody brilliant. I'll say that the greatsword neatly severed the Orc's head, which lands [roll0] yards away, twin jets of blood spurting from the Orc's neck as its mouth opens and shuts in a futile effort to scream. Both the other Orcs have to make a Fear test, or be frozen in fear for 1 round.
[roll1] difficulty 25
[roll2] difficulty 25

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:48 PM
OK, one Orc is frozen, terrified, on the edge of the river as the other one regains his balance and makes an almighty swing at you with his choppa, then enters a parrying stance.

[roll0] WS 35.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:48 PM
What happened to the orcs in the river?

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:49 PM
The Orc misses very badly, and the immense weight of his choppa unbalances him, forcing him to fall into the water, soon to be dragged under by his armour. Your turn again.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:50 PM
What happened to the orcs in the river?
They drowned, as they are wearing heavy metal armour and weilding huge choppas.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:52 PM
What would I need to knock to the other orc into the river? The one frozen in fear?

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 02:56 PM
A manoeuvre action. You can take two on your turn if you want, but you have to make an Opposed WS test with the Orc. If you win, he is pushed in. If you lose, he stays where he is. But he's scared, so I'll give you +10% on your WS.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 02:59 PM
Ok, lets go with that. [roll0] +10%

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 03:01 PM
Well damn. I guess not.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 03:04 PM
And you get another try, if you want.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 03:06 PM
Ok, lets try this one more time. [roll0] *crosses fingers*

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 03:09 PM
Orc's tests:
WS 35: [roll0]
WS 35: [roll1]

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 03:10 PM
You got fewer Degrees of Failure on the second one, so you push the Orc into the river. A scouting group appears over the river and call for their archers. It will take them a few minutes of waving choppas at the river boat and the elf on his feet before the archers turn up from the main group. The boat continues to float down the river with the party inside it. You can either go for a leap into it, or signal them over.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 03:17 PM
"Damn, they never stop coming, do they?" Amedil decided not to waste anytime waiting for more Orcs to come. He turned back towards the river and started to run towards the boat coming down the river. "Hey, Orcs are coming! Be ready for them!"

Ok, at that point, He would start moving towards the boat and try to get them to come over and help him get to the other side.

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 03:25 PM
No Orc-looting for Amendil then.

Other people can now join in.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-13, 03:27 PM
Nope, not with a group of archers coming over a hill ready to fill him like a pin cushion. I'll make up for it later. :smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2008-11-13, 04:19 PM
Ok, at that point, He would start moving towards the boat and try to get them to come over and help him get to the other side.

The Orcs are on the other side, you can only really go downriver. Just a technical detail.