PDA

View Full Version : wfrp (invite only) but feel free to read

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 06:02 PM
"Certainly, sir. I thank you for the food and drink, and for the timeslot in advance. Do I have to talk to a manager or proprietor, or do you own the place?"

littlebottom
2008-11-29, 06:06 PM
dont worry bout it, ill sort it.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 06:13 PM
"Thank you, friend." Axel goes over to sit with Magna. "That's my income for the week sorted."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:06 PM
Well, thats nice. Magna says starting in on his food.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 09:06 PM
"How'd business go for you earlier?" Axel drinks some of the pint and starts his food too.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:09 PM
Pretty good, I cut some gems, sold some swords. Nothing to great. Magna says in between bites Wot 'bout yourself?

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 09:11 PM
"A'ight. I got a few crowns. Well, enough small talk. What does that bloke want us for? I mean, I know what he wants us for, but why us? Why not any of the other thousands of people in Nuln?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe he's tried all of them. Magna says looking out a window.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 09:18 PM
"I doubt it; he said we were the first to get out." Axel finishes a few more bites of sausage at an astounding rate, then pours the rest of the ale down his throat.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:37 PM
Hmm.......I'm not exactly sure then......... Magna says eating a piece of sausage.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 09:41 PM
Axel calls for another ale."Not a clue...It's gonna be a strain for me to get up before noon tomorrow. Never really had to before. Oh yeah, by the way, while we where there I stole this book from the guard room. Can you read?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:50 PM
Yes, I should be able to. Let me have a look at it. Magna says chewing some sausage and taking a look at the book.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 09:51 PM
Looks like we'll have to wait for LB to tell us what it is. Gonna log now anyways.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 09:57 PM
ok, me too.

littlebottom
2008-11-30, 05:24 PM
the book is simply titled "larry porter and the philosopy of stones" and is infact all about how different types of rock were formed and uses within history, the book is by larry porter, who is a geologist.

im sorry it had to be done :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-11-30, 05:28 PM
Does that give Magna a bonus on Trade (Stoneworker)? Or count as Academic Knowledge (Geology)?

Xsesiv
2008-11-30, 06:39 PM
Before too long, Axel is worn out with the excitement of the day, and still slightly dazed from headbutting a human. He goes up to the barman and asks the price for a room.

littlebottom
2008-11-30, 07:18 PM
ah tha' rooms 8p with brekfast.

the book is over 400 pages long, and if magna reads it, i may depending on the situation give bonuses to knowledge of stones such as their quality ect, so will still be useful

Xsesiv
2008-11-30, 07:29 PM
Axel hands over 8p and goes to bed. "See you tomorrow Magna!"

littlebottom
2008-11-30, 07:49 PM
an' will you be stayin here tonight magna? or goin back to the shop?

drum-n-bass
2008-11-30, 10:19 PM
Aye be goin' back to me shop. See you tomorrow same time. Magna walks home and closes up shop again, before relaxing and starting to read the book.

littlebottom
2008-11-30, 10:27 PM
the night passes uneventfully, but magna is awoken rudely at 7am sharp, by a knocking at the door

drum-n-bass
2008-11-30, 10:40 PM
Getting up from his bed, he picks up his hammer and heads downstairs, he then looks out his peep hole in the door to see who it is.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 11:14 AM
Axel wakes up early due to the excitement of the previous day and rolls over, falling out of bed and knocking down a chair with a crash. He shakes off the combined effects of a mild hangover and an egg-sized lump in the middle of his forehead. He pulls his shirt back on and walks downstairs to pour himself some breakfast.

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 05:52 PM
@magna: you see a man you recognise from yesterday is at your door, holding 2 brown packages you can see they are clearly marked "for magna" and the other "for axel"

@axel: brekfast has just been cooked, and you are given the equivelent of a full english minus the fried bread and tomatos.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 05:55 PM
Magna cheerfully opens the door and puts the hammer down. He then says to the man Sorry bout that. Can't trust anything now a day's can ye? How are ye doin' this fine lookin' mornin'?

Hey lb, me and xsesiv are gming a pirate WFRP game, if you want to join:smalltongue:

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 06:05 PM
the bloke hands you both packages and says couldnt find axel, could you give him his if you see him? and turns and walks down the street (not much of a talker lol)

sure ill join

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 06:11 PM
Uhh....Sure? he says confusedly. He then sets Axel's package down(haha, sorry it just sounds funny:smalltongue:). Then opens his own.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98069
There's the link

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 06:27 PM
inside you find a note saying "local busnisses have been told of your great work, you might have more custom soon... also go buy yourself some nice things before your assignment

signed rich"

also insde is 30 gc

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 06:32 PM
What would "nice things" be considered? Like nice clothing? a better weapon? :smallsmile:

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 07:35 PM
weapons armour clothing general items from rope lanterns

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 07:41 PM
Ok, I will post it up later as I don't have the book with me but I'll give you an example of what I might buy:
-better hammer
-better armor
-one (or two) set of good craftsmanship clothes
-?

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 07:50 PM
ill allow you to spend the money for it and add it too your sheet as long as you post everything you buy to avoid wasting time in shops IC

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 07:54 PM
Ok, I just need to find the info on what kind of armor and hammer I want before I buy the stuff,
But its dinner now, so I'll log.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:00 PM
Axel eats the breakfast and stumbles over to Magna's.

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 08:09 PM
as you arrive the door is unlocked and magna is in his shop, there is also a package with your name on

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:11 PM
Axel opens up the package suspiciously with his dagger.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:30 PM
If it has the same money in it Axel will buy a leather cap, leggings and save the rest.

littlebottom
2008-12-01, 08:35 PM
it does indeed contain 30 Gc

i shall assume you both went shopping togeather and it is now 11:30 AM

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:38 PM
"Bloody hell, we're going to be late, better get down Richard's, eh?"

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 08:43 PM
Yeah, how do we get there? Magna says looking at his new belongings.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:45 PM
"I think he gave us directions." Axel follows the directions to the house.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 08:50 PM
I know that, but I meant do we walk or something else? I assume we would walk but........ Magna looks at the directions.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 08:54 PM
"I assume we walk, in any case, I'm not forking-out for a coach."

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 09:05 PM
Yeah, true. But it is nice to dream. the dwarf says looking around.

He buys:
-Great Hammer 20 gc, could I make it for myself at a cheaper rate?
-Good clothing 3 gc
-Leather Skullcap 6 gc

which leaves me with 1 gc. And with it he will buy a beef and beer pie at dinner.

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 09:11 PM
Leather Leggings: 10gc
Leather Skullcap: 3 gc

Which leaves me with 17 gc. And he'll save this for not having to work till Friday.

EDIT: OMG my first widdle baby dragon!

drum-n-bass
2008-12-01, 09:11 PM
Ummmm.... I think it would leave you with 17, not 13. :smalltongue:

Xsesiv
2008-12-01, 09:12 PM
True, edited. I'm tired, went away, when I came back I didn't read it and I thought I put "that will come up to".:smalltongue:

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 08:25 AM
yes i will allow you to make your own, the matirials will cost you only 3/4 of the price and a successful weaponsmith roll must be made, if you fail it will be of poor quality pass good quality pass by lots best etc. you get my point, but that will mean you wont have it just yet. up to you

@both: as you make it to richards house, you see it is a grand house of 4 floors and rather large, as you near the doors guards are on the door, they usher you in quickly assuming the halfling and dwarf that randomly wandered up to the house were the ones that they were told about, you are put in a small waiting room, their is a butler there and it is 11:50 AM so you have 10 minuites

drum-n-bass
2008-12-02, 08:52 AM
Excuse my abruptness, but I was wondering if I could get some food the walk here famished me. Magna says to the butler.

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 10:18 AM
certainly sir, would you like anything else? he waits a second, and if there is no reply he will go get you some food (a plate of triagularly cut sadwiches (i dont know if they were even invented by then but who cares?))

Xsesiv
2008-12-02, 12:19 PM
"Any chance of some ale? Golden Drop, if you have it. And may I smoke?"

How many uses do I get before I have to buy more tobacco? I've smoked four pipes so far.

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 05:52 PM
definitely sir. he goes and fetches it all.

im gonna say you had 5 pipes worth, and can easily buy in 5s, so you could go get 20 or so but would take up space

Xsesiv
2008-12-02, 06:04 PM
Axel downs the ale and packs his pipe, then nibbles on a sandwich while smoking the pipe and waiting for Richard.

Cost for 5 pipes of tobacco?

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 06:21 PM
depends where you are, in nuln id say its pretty common and costs about 1/4 Gc for 5 good quality pipes worth (too much too little?)

at exactly 12:00pm noon, a man ushers you into the next room, a rather large room with a high quality wooden desk, around the room are several book cases, and behind the desk richard waits. there are 2 chairs the opposite side of the desk, currently richard ignores you while signing some paper

Xsesiv
2008-12-02, 06:25 PM
Axel quickly sucks in all the remaining contents of his pipe and blows eight or nine smoke rings into the first room, then puts the pipe away and, with quite a hop, sits in a chair facing Richard, waiting for what he has to say.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-02, 06:39 PM
Magna walks around the room looking at the books before sitting down. Once down he pulls out some sandwiches he put in his pockets to eat.

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 06:53 PM
richard suddenly looks up and nods to the butler, who walks out and closes the door firmly behind him, richard sits in silence for a few second then says ah good to see you both on time, hope you got my preasant? anyway, you both know why your here, to be given your first assignment, well to put it simply i have a somewhat of a rival in town, yes his been bad for my image, and i want you to take him down a peg or two. first of all, i want you to sneak into his house, and find any possible incriminating evidence, of course, if there is any it may be well hidden, so i present 2 possibilities. one; plant something to get him thrown in jail. or two; put him in a position to reaveal where he hides anything that may be incriminating, this could be through torture, but if you resort to that, then well, make sure he doesnt get any names or faces. or simply stalk him, and wait till he reveals it. of course, the simple fact of the matter is, is his more than likely to have something that will get him thrown in jail. most nobles do. but he may not, so planting him with something may have been the better option...

this will be done in two parts. part one; wait till 3:45AM he has been sighted leaving his house at this time on several occasions, break into his house at this time, he normally leaves a window open around the back. then search for any information you can find and get out before 4:30AM he returns at this time... part two (A) (if you find evidence) get him to reaveal it publicly or tell the town watch anomonously. part two (B) (if you dont find evidence) return the following night after reporting to me and giving me a report. i will get something for you to plant, then you go tell the town watch... whoever said i was above the law? he says this with an evil looking grin he adds

if either of you get seen entering or exiting, give names or faces are seen, then under no circumstances must they be able to link back to me, do you understand?

complicated i know :smalleek:

drum-n-bass
2008-12-02, 06:56 PM
Magna tries to quickly process the information as fast as he can. He then thinks of how they can do this. He then looks at the halfling next to him, then at Richard whom he nods his head yes to.

littlebottom
2008-12-02, 07:02 PM
good, im glad to see you understand. and you axel?

Xsesiv
2008-12-03, 11:20 AM
Axel mouths along as Richard speaks, implanting theplan in his brain. He stares straight ahead for a few moments, then leans back in the chair and nods.

littlebottom
2008-12-03, 06:38 PM
glad to hear it. now, you shall do this tonight, oliver will show you the spot i want you to wait in.

oliver walks into the room, and nods to the two of you and says you ready?

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 11:12 AM
Axel answers with a simple "Yes."

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 08:37 PM
oliver turns and leaves at a rather quick pace, not running but walking quickly, and doesnt wait for you to catch up, so as you both have short legs, it is rather a struggle to keep up, he guides you for about 10 minuites across town, to a spot behind some bushes at the side of a large looking home.

ok this be the spot, where you guys gotta wait, be here by about 3AM-ish, and wait for him to leave, from that door oliver points at the front door. now youve got a clear view to the door inbetween these bushes here, just dont get spotted, but as it will be dark, we are hoping he wont notice you anyway. then you must climb this wall. he motions to a wall just to the side of you about 6 foot tall, this could be a problem for you two i realise, but it shouldnt be too difficult if you help each other... now the window over there, which you can see is open, is almost never shut, use this window to climb in, this might be a difficult task for some one like me but you two shouldnt have too much trouble, till 3AM you have free time. dismissed. oliver walks off back towards the way you came, now you have some free time if you want to use it.

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 08:43 PM
Axel will buy a storm lantern and some rope. Together they cost 13gc. Also he will look for a house or rooms to rent, if possible.

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 08:45 PM
long term or short term renting?

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 08:47 PM
Short term if necessary, long term if possible. I would ask Magna if he had a spare room he could rent me but we only knew each other two days.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-04, 08:50 PM
Magna tells Axel I think I should go first so I can help lift ye up.

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 08:52 PM
Yeah...well, lets come back later, got some stuff I gotta do. Axel goes to rent a room, buy rope and a lantern, and on an impulse search for a monkey. Gossip test Fel 58 [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:01 PM
you find the rope and lantern easily, and you find a small house with a downstairs shop area to rent, the current owners cant sell it and want a business to open their, and hope money comes their way but it could be a good place to convert into a joke shop, or small bar with a stage, this would mean you could hire other entertainers (magicians comedians etc etc) as supporting act and the like, but the rent is to be paid weekly at 10Gc a week, so it would be impracticle to use just as is, to stay in, so would need the extra effort to make it worth it.

after some talking to passers by you hear of a exotic pets shop. and there is indeed a monkey, its a white-faced capuchin monkey... youve seen ace ventura right :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:06 PM
Since monkeys are humanoid, do I take Charm or Charm Animal to interact with it?

Axel buys an apple from the fruitier's stall, and bites off a piece before entering the shop.

Fel 58 Difficulty 58 for Charm, 29 for Charm Animal for me to get on with the monkey. [roll0]

"Hello!" says Axel to the monkey, holding out his hand with the piece of apple. (bonus for peace-offering?)

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:09 PM
the monkey takes the apple and runs off to hide, after a few seconds it re-emerges and the apple is eaten, then comes back over to you but is still slightly cautious

unfortunately just because its "humanoid" doesnt make it sentient, therefore i would recon its charm animal but after you have been with it for a while and it gets used to you, i will give you bonuses with him, because he knows you

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:12 PM
Axel reaches out to pat the monkey on the back. "How much for the monkey?" he asks the man behind the counter.

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:18 PM
oh him? about <insert amount here>

how much does the book say?

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:20 PM
Damn it! Now I have to go upstairs and get my memory stick.

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:27 PM
lol that was silly wasnt it haha, btw what ever the book says, might not be what you pay, :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:29 PM
40gc. It says.

Are you sure 15 Int isn't above sentience? Giants have 14, and they're sentient..,.ish.

Haggle test 58 Fel [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:34 PM
the owner of the shop says 50marks... nah you look like a nice little harfling, ill call it half, for a halfling eh? 25marks. at your haggle he says hmm ive already cut it in half, couldnt go lower could i? ill let you try to roleplay your way cheaper, and maybe a charm check on the owner might help

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:37 PM
"I have 40 marks. So, the monkey's 25, five, ten, fifteen, twenty and the monkey, that's 25. 'S he got a name?"

I just slipped myself 5 marks there. Tests?

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:44 PM
hmmm, deal, 20 marks, and 5 for some extras thrown in? collar perhaps? food and the like?

giants are "sentient" being as they are a race with (A) communication, (B) self awareness (C) understanding of things like laws and order, although that to them is "everyone for themselves" but thats just the way they act. monkeys could be said to be selfaware, but not as sophisticated as humans, they do use extreamly crude tools though, so they are almost there, intelligence doesnt mean sentience, look at some humans they must have intelligence of like 4 how thick some people are.

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:47 PM
"Yes, I shall agree to that. Has this fine specimen of monkeyhood got a name, or shall I name him?"

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:50 PM
i dont name the pets, to allow their owners to, the only one i ever named was this one, and his not for sale... say hi to gizmo he produces a small box with a cover over it, closes the blinds and removes the cover, and inside is the cutest thing you have ever seen, he then replaces the cover and opens the blinds again.

you may now take the monkey (and take the money off your character) and take up to 4 things for the monkey (reasonable things you cant take a house or something lol)

also, sorry for the gremlins thing, couldnt help it lol

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 09:54 PM
"Has he been taught to sit still, to shake hands, or perform any similar simple pet tricks?"

OK, taking a leash for his wrist, a week's food for him, a grooming kit and a large wire cage (for the house, think like a hamster cage only big). Is the last one reasonable?

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 09:59 PM
depends how big, ill allow kind of slightly bigger than a chinchilla cage. if you know roughly how big they are, but if he gets put in the cage too often or for too long he might no like you so much for it, so you can have that (which is useful) or something else you can think of

i dont train the animals, other than toilet training for some of them, not for hamsters and the like obviously, but yeah his toilet trained.

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 10:02 PM
in addition, that house, with the shop area type thing, says that you dont have to pay the first month till the end of the month to allow you to get things started and done up, after that its weekly.

Xsesiv
2008-12-04, 10:06 PM
The cage is for a bed more than anything, just so he doesnt escape and be hit by a coach if I have to leave him in the house.

Axel nods to the man, puts the monkey on his shoulder, puts the caring equipment in the cage except for the lead, which he ties to the monkey's wrist, and proudly sets off down the street with his new monkey (Maximilian) on his shoulder, feeding him bits of apple.

As I don't have much money left now, I'll sneak into the shop and sleep behind the counter till 3AM, then go round Magna's. Will Richard pay us for this little expedition?

littlebottom
2008-12-04, 10:11 PM
you rented the shop then?

anyway, you dont know if he will pay you... but you do know what happens if you dont do it.

max(i hope you dont mind me shortening his name) sits on your sholder happily eating the apple, he gets some odd looks from passers by but thats partly due to his cuteness factor, and shock of people who wernt expecting to see the monkey eating apples on a halflings sholder.

after a while you awake, its 3:10 am, better go meet magna.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-04, 11:07 PM
Magna is waiting outside of the window eating the rest of a cold beef and beer pie he bought for dinner. Licking his fingers he says Yum...You...Ready...To...go?(... indicates he is licking his fingers)

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I rented it, but I'm assuming I don't have to pay yet. What is in there? Fixtures and fittings, any furniture, a privy? Also, but unrelated, can pets have a Creature Career or not?

Axel puts he sleeping monkey into the cage, then drops all the non-essentials behind the counter, goes out and meets Magna. "Yeah, come on then mate."

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 06:03 PM
Yeah lets go.
Once there, Magna will silence him in the bushes and wait for the guy to leave.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 06:04 PM
So does Axel. when the guy leaves Axel hops up to the wall and asks Magna for a hand up.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 07:41 PM
your pet can have a creature career, when a little better trained, at the moment hes still pretty wild, also the "shop" has a old counter left in it, that could easily be moved or removed, or even remodled into more of a bar, but other than that its pretty empty in the main area, although you get an upstairs (like a flat above the shop) where there is a toilet and theres some basic furniture, but also pretty bare, their is also potential for public toilets in an area just behind the shop thats not being used.

at 3:45AM almost exactly you see in the distance, a man leave the house and lock the door, before too long he is gone down a distant street and out of sight

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 07:42 PM
Axel has Magna lift him high enough to get over the top, then throws a rope over the top to pull Magna up, bracing himself against the wall while holding the rope. Once they are over he checks for open doors and windows.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 07:50 PM
just as oliver said, a window around the back is open... on the second floor, this might be some trouble (if either of you have scale sheer surface, you can use it, if not, think something up)

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 07:52 PM
Throwing a rope lasso-Axel has 20 yards of rope and BS 55.
[roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 07:53 PM
.... erm what are you throwing it over?

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 07:56 PM
I thought there was a balcony. Apparently not. I'll try and throw it in the window to see if it catches on anything like a bed.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 07:58 PM
the laso, flies striaght through the windown and catches on something. after a few experimental tugs, it seems to be secure.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:01 PM
Axel gets onto the rope and yanks on it, then lets go immediately, to see if it is really secure.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:05 PM
there is a little give, and a scraping noise from inside, but its still secure, (just dont go yanking on it)

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:06 PM
Axel shins up the rope as far as he feels secure then jumps in the window with a throwing-dagger drawn. If there are no immediate threats, he will see what the rope is on and if it's likely to take Magna's weight.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:09 PM
it is a dark room, with no threat, the rope is attatced to a large wooden desk, it is secure enough for magna, but maybe not both of you at once

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:10 PM
Axel will attach the rope to the most secure thing in the room, then start searching the room as Magna climbs.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:12 PM
the room has very little in it, other than the desk with some writing tools on it and a chair.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:14 PM
Axel looks through the desk, then opens the door and looks through the next room.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:18 PM
in the drawers there is some paper, blank and some ink. the door opens onto the hallway with your door at one far end, another door at the opposite end and two doors on the left at equal distances down the corridor, your right is the balcony leeding onto the stairs and pverlooking the front door.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:20 PM
Axel will take out his hatchet and run to the far door kicking it open in the process so if anyone's there he gets a charge attack.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:21 PM
the room is dark, and nobody is in there, all that is in there are lots of cabinets with drawers on, all lettered and numbered, throughout the room

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:23 PM
Axel will change to the closest room, returning to this one later, as cabinets and drawers will take ages to rifle.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:26 PM
the closest room appears to be his bedroom, with a large bed and a couple of small tables with drawers in next to the bed, large windows and a large and expensive looking portrait of himself on the wall opposite the bed.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:27 PM
Axel looks under the bed and slits the mattress (from the bottom) and feels about inside. He opens the drawers and looks in them too, and takes down the portrait and looks behind it. He then puts stuff the way it was.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:32 PM
at first you find nothing, (roll a search roll, perception whatever)

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:34 PM
Int 38. [roll0] Roll for Magna?

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:36 PM
yes please do

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:37 PM
Same Int [roll0] OK, that's worse.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:40 PM
roll one more Xsesiv, with easy modifier

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:41 PM
Axel and Magna: both Int 38+20.
Axel: [roll0] Diff 58
Magna:[roll1] Diff 58

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:42 PM
magna thinks he sees something, you follow his line of site and see that behind the portrait, is a fake wooden panel.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:43 PM
Axel takes a knife and runs it round the edge of the panle trying to pry it free. If he fails, he will start to chop it with a hatchet.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:46 PM
it comes free quite easily, and behind it is a safe. with three locks.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:48 PM
Ok, as neither of us can pick locks, I'll (with Magna's help, probably) throw the safe out of the front window to try to break it on the street cobbles.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:52 PM
make a strength test (both of you) to get the safe out of the wall as its fixed

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:53 PM
Axel (22) + Magna (45) = 67 total S

[roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:54 PM
it breaks free, but in the process, pulls several parts of the wall away.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:57 PM
"Sh...oot."

Axel will push the man's safe out of the front window before cleaning up the room.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 08:58 PM
you hear a smash, rather loud, best go retrieve it before some one comes snooping round

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 08:59 PM
Ok, Axel uses his speed to nip down the rope and collect the contents of the safe.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:01 PM
the safe lies in bits, and there is a large dent in the path, the contents of the safe is spread around everywhere (int test to know what it is (magna too if he can see it))

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:02 PM
38 for each

Axel [roll0]
Magna [roll1]

OOC: I have a pretty good idea what it is.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:03 PM
axel goes to happily pick it up and inspect it as magna shouts

" DON'T ITS WARPSTONE THAT IS! "

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:05 PM
OOC: Halflings are resistant to Chaos, so it's fine if I touch it.

Axel picks out the shards of safe, realigns the house, waits for the man to start coming back, and then goes to tell the town watch there is a man with a large amount of warpstone on his person.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:09 PM
ooc: halflings are indeed resistant to chaos, but would you and magna know that? anyway, to make things easy ill assume you did.

the time is coming up to 5AM ish, the man should be on his way back any minuite!

the watch man says what? siriously? oh man, ill get my men ready, lead the way.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:10 PM
Axel takes them to the man's house and shows them the pit of warpstone.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:21 PM
my...god, sigmar... ulrick, hell anybody, why me? he stands there and stairs at it for a while, then after a few seconds a man comes through the gate, its him i sssay, whats going on here? what are you doing outssside my home? he has rather a large cloak on and is hooded you are the owner of this house? then you sir, are under arrest! for possesion of warpstone, you sick slaaneshi, tzeenchi.... what every the god you worship, worshiper!

the man casts off his cape to reveal that he is naked underneath, cover part way to his chest from his knees in scales, his feet, hooves, under the hair, you can distictly see a horn like object protruding out, and, oh god no, he has 5 testicles... scaley testicles, and no penis....... it almost looks like it had been hacked off in some sick and twisted ritural.

WP CHECK!!! or insanity points on their way

fine, sssee me in all my glory, and tremble in fear of the name of the mighty god of pleasssssure, slaaaaaaaaneeeeeesssshhhhh!!! this sentence proves him to also have a snakes tounge as he hisses at the watchmen.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:24 PM
WP 31
[roll0]
Damn it. Well, Axel is slightly mental anyway.

Axel is presented with an easy target so he launches a throwng dagger at the mans five testicles.

BS 55
[roll1]

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:33 PM
as you see this image, it scars you mentally, (IP) and you are frozen solid for one round, as this happens the man launhes himself into the watchmen and starts tairing through them to the warpstone... (then you come round and throw the dagger... which goes just between his legs and misses.) the most of the watchmen have gone into shock and only 2 of the men are still able to move, they pull out their weapons and hack at the man as he bardges past (im saying they hit as his right there and not dodgeing) dealing [roll0] damage to his chest. at this he screams in delight at the pain, and begins to snort the smaller warpstone fragments...

initiative now please (and for magna)

guards ag 26

[roll1]
[roll2]

the slaaneshi worshiper has agility 32

[roll3]

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:35 PM
[roll0] for Axel
[roll1] for Magna

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:38 PM
ok, take your action your first (also a defualt action, though i doubt this will last more than 2 or 3 rounds, but best to get into the habbit of things)

you miss with the rope completely but the hatchet slashes the back of his head, (have i got the body positioning right? i cant remember atm...) roll damage

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:43 PM
Right arm for SB=2 + d10 dmage... [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:44 PM
the hatchet burys into his arm he screams with pleasure again at the top of his voice, he finishes snorting the dust of the warpstone, and shoves the larger chunks into his mouth and starts to eat them... and throws himself at the guards again, chanting something that you cannot understand, other than the word "slaanesh"

the guards take a swing at him (ws 31)

[roll0]
[roll1]

damage if hit

[roll2]
[roll3]

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 09:45 PM
Ulric's Fury!!!

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 09:46 PM
the guard has ulricks fury, ws 31

[roll0]

damage if hit

[roll1]

damn a miss :( shame hehe it would of been funny.

anyway

the man is now badly wounded only stopping his chanting for mindless screams of pleasure and joy...

magnas go...

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:27 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
I'm not sure how many to roll, but I just want Magna to swing his mighty hammer at the foe. So I think I am doing 2 swift attacks?
WS-40|-|40
S-40|+5|45
Anything else I am missing?
Let me roll WP
[roll2]
WP-34|+10|44--

Magna bellows in dwarven at the monstrosity, causing the earth to tremble beneath them. He then swings his mighty hammer at the chaos foe and swings again at him.

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 11:28 PM
You hit both times. Roll damage.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:32 PM
To see where he hits[roll0]

and for damage[roll1]

Is that right?

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:33 PM
sorry need another one

[roll1d10

dang, Im having no luck.:smallmad:

Xsesiv
2008-12-05, 11:33 PM
You roll another damage.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:35 PM
ARG!

[roll0]

dang forum *shakes fist*

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 11:37 PM
he stops chanting to scream with joy again
this noble can take a beating, his now bleeding all over and quite possibly close to death (new round)

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:40 PM
You sick, sick person. Magna says swinging his mighty hammer once again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
WS-40|-|40
S-40|+5|45
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

disregard this post

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 11:44 PM
initiative order says that axel goes first (sorry we rolled it on the last page)

drum-n-bass
2008-12-05, 11:46 PM
I was just posting, so I wouldn't forget, and so that I could get it out of the way. I hope you don't mind me just posting it up. Although I can take it down and reroll it if you want.

littlebottom
2008-12-05, 11:47 PM
yeah no problem, but you can delete it and repost it if you like? now you understand it better

Xsesivs gone, so just have your turn again.

the nobles flings himself towards magna, after feeling the pleasure of the blunt hammer smashing his bones and bruising his body

drum-n-bass
2008-12-06, 10:17 AM
Magna swings his mighty hammer once more at the man, even though he isn't very religious, he asks Sigmar to bless him and his hammer against the chaos foe.

WS=40
[roll0] 72=Body
[roll1] 82=Right Leg

SB=4
[roll2]
[roll3]

Is this right?
If it is, I think I have got this down, well mostly :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-12-06, 11:41 AM
As hitting the maniac clearly isn't working, Axel goes to get the noose and places it over the man's neck, pulling it tight.

"Help me hang him!" he calls to the guards.

littlebottom
2008-12-06, 08:19 PM
that was perfect drum, (it was perfect if you weapon deals SB damage anyway)

you might as well delete that post Xsesiv, 19 damage hah, he only had 6 left hehe

as magna asks for sigmars help, he brings the hammer down, once into its body, then again into its right leg, as this happens you hear a snap... and the noble lets out a last gargle of pure pleasure, before lying limp on the floor, with an evil grin on his cold dead face...

the 2 guards who are still able to move look at the body for a bit.

... that sick... twisted... oh it sickens me to think about it.

yeah, the worst part is, is we gave him what he wanted. we killed him... painfully... to him that... that twisted little sh*t, that was his finest hour... hell look at sarge!
the watchman runs over to the seargent and waves his hand infront of his face for a bit, with no reaction.

an' harry!

better take him and harry to the temple of shallya... only place i can think of that could help em... hey you two, help us take them to the temple?..... wait a second, ive gotta do something... its the only way.

the watchman grabs the body by its hair cautiously, and drags in into the house, by kicking the door down... he drops the body produces some matches... and sets the house and body on fire. he re-emerges.

this is the only way...the public cant be knowin' that this noble, of whom so many respected, fel to these depths. or that tonight ever happened, in the morning when the fires out, the watch will run its inspection of the house and find it was an accident and he died in the fire, his body burnt beyond recognision... and you two, were never here, ok? now... lets get sarge and harry to the temple.

the watchmen each grab a frozen watchman each, under the arms and wait for you to help, by lifting them by the legs, harry is much thinner (easy) and sarge is relitively fit also (routine)... strength tests to carry.

oh yeah by the way, come by the watch station in the morning, there is a reward for both of you if you keep this quiet.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-06, 08:26 PM
Shocked after all that just happened, Magna finally says Ooo. Rewards. I'll make sure and keep extra quiet about it then. He then helps lift the watchmen and carry them to the station

[roll0]
Strength-45
Do we get xp soon? And is it more then 200? :smalltongue:
Man, I bet we get a bunch of gold too. SWEET!

littlebottom
2008-12-06, 08:33 PM
which man did you pick up? because, that "fail" should be a pass if thats just your straight strength even if you pick up the hevier sarge... and you will find out your exp and money when the time comes

drum-n-bass
2008-12-06, 08:50 PM
I'll pick up the heavier one, leaving the lighter one for the halfling.
I bet the time will be tomorrow. :smallamused:

littlebottom
2008-12-06, 08:54 PM
you struggle at first, but get a better grip and follow the watchman towards the temple, you arrive after a while and no sign of axel yet, but he should catch up soon, you put the sarge downok we will talk to the priests, and get this sorted, you can go to sleep or something, we will see you in the morning.

there are lots of things you could do now, but 2 things come to mind first.

1. go to sleep
2. go see richard, because although he is proberbly asleep, he wouldnt mind being woken up to hear the good news.

littlebottom
2008-12-06, 08:57 PM
rolling strength test for Xsesiv.

strength 22, easy=+20=42

[roll0]

axel has a hard time with harry, but the other watchman notices that axel is having trouble lifting harry, so puts alot more effort in himself to lift him up, and between the two of them they manage it, they catch up and come into the temple just as the one watchman begins talking to magna...

drum-n-bass
2008-12-06, 09:18 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/dwarfguy6.gif
This is an avatar I had done by Ceika, amazing avatarist, of what he would look like, Here is what he was based off of:
this dwarf
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/CA_aug2006_01.jpg

dressed more in yellow and black like this guy
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/0607_CAt_53.jpg

with either one or two hammers (you choose)
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/0607_CAt_17.jpg

and either a shield in his left hand or on his back (depending on hammers)
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/CncArt0907_29.jpg

The dwarf image, is really what my guys looks like (but with leather armor).

Magna says to Axel Lets go see Richard, I think we should tell him know, even though he is sleeping he will be glad to hear the great news.

littlebottom
2008-12-06, 09:24 PM
thats the concept art for dwarvan shield breakers or something like that, if i remember correctly :P

the door to richards house is guarded by a tired looking guard who stops you what... do you.... want *yawn*

drum-n-bass
2008-12-06, 09:37 PM
We came to see Richard. I think its very urgent. We completed the mission, but there is some hubbub concerning it and we would like to tell Richard as soon as possible. Magna says trying to be polite.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 10:34 AM
...alright ill let you in... he grabs a key off his belt and unlocks the door, upstairs first door on the left.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 10:46 AM
K, Thanks

He follows the directions, and once up there he tells the whole story to Richard.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 11:04 AM
as you walk into the room its his study, and his awake and dressed, yes ive heard roughly what happened, one of my men was keeping an eye on you, but please do tell it in your own words he says as you enter,

after listening to the story, he sits silent for a bit. thinking to himself, then he obviously has an idea ... my chef is awake, and i will get him to do you some brekfast, and we can talk while eating, i know its early but this may take a while... butler, get the chef to cook these gentlemen a brekfast aswell as mine and bring it up here, thank you

food doesnt take too long to arrive.

now tuck in... ok so this is what ive come up with, he was not my only opposition to get into the lords favour, and i have heard of others, leaving at the same time as him, now that we know he was a slaaneshi worshiper, and that the watch have handled this to our favour, go to their meeting tonight... they wont suspect a thing, this may get messy, but slaughter them all, they shouldnt pose too much threat... now, they all wore cloaks, so i would like you to do that thing you did before, where you sat on his sholders, and have a cloak round you to get in, my spies are working out its location as we speak... once in slaughter them and burn the building...

oh and here is a your payment for dealing with this so, so perfectly, and theres more if tonight goes well!

he puts his hand into a drawer and pulls out 2 small purses with money in them and hands them over, when you receive them they have 20Gc in them each

and tonight will be double that, if all goes well.
the noble finishes eating and waits for you to finish saying enjoy the rest of your day gentlemen, meet me here at midnight, and we will sort out the location and time for you to go.

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 03:34 PM
After this Axel goes home, takes Max out of his cage, feeds him and puts him on his shoulder, then goes out to the shops, to find if there is anything interesting.

If he finds nothing by midday he will go out to find some low tables to make into a stage, some higher ones and chairs, and some barrels of ale and beer to start up his comedy club.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 03:56 PM
Magna goes home and opens up shop for the day, trying to decide what to buy.

how hard would it be to get my hammer inscribed with runes?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 04:09 PM
Well as you can read and write i would think you could do it yourself, but you wouldn't get any magic.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 04:12 PM
yeah, I meant a magical rune inscribed hammer. Although I don't really need one, I think it would be cool to have.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 05:34 PM
@magna: you can make the hammer yourself, then take the hammer to a runesmith, and pay outlandish sum of money and wait a year or so to get some runes on it? (ok its not always that long, but it depends on the rune... some do take that long)

@axel: you find some cheap, but sturdy chairs and tables from a tavern that got some brand new ones in recently and are selling the old ones at half a Gc each (with chairs)

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 05:39 PM
haha
i guess not.
i am leaving and will be back within an hour.

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 05:40 PM
I buy 40 tables (with chairs) and as many barrels of ale and beer as I can afford with my money if I can have help bringing them back by buying in bulk.

If Magna went to a Dwarven priest and said he wanted to do some smiting would they do it?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 05:45 PM
And then he goes to the watch station.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 05:46 PM
@axel: you buy all the chairs and tables and the previous owner helps you get them to your new shop, as he was never expecting this, he offers you some cut price barrels (as he was going to throw most of the tables out hes made a nice profit) hes selling them to you at 2Gc each... Buy one get one free! (id say a barrel could get about a few nights worth of drinks before it ran out, being as your shop (business what ever) isnt booming just yet. and depending on the price per pint, depends on your profit (say about 100 pints worth in there) (you do the math!)

depends what priests and what you tell them you wanted smiting!

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 05:48 PM
OK, I now have 0GCs only shillings and pence but I buy 4 barrels of ale and beer (2 of each) and set them up. Axel goes down the watch station.

edit: forgot buy 1 get 1 free, so I have 8 barrels, 4 of each.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 05:52 PM
he brings them to your shop by cart and puts them inside,

then as you enter the watch station the watchman who was there the night before with you, gets up and walks over to you *wisper*take this, and not a word to anyone, give this one to magna too *wisper* he doesnt say another word but gives you 2 sacks, each with some money found in other safes etc from the house each containing 60Gc (yes you heard me 60, now go spend it! lol)

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 05:59 PM
Axel will buy 50 tankards, which cost 10s each, 500s in total, 25 crowns. Then he goes and looks for a scribe.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 06:02 PM
you easily find one in nuln as you walk up to him he says and vat iz it you vant eh?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 06:06 PM
"I just now set up a business, can you do me a menu, couple of posters and some flyers advertidsing it?"

Axel gives the man details and prices (entry 1s 6p, beer 2p, ale 3p) and leaves waiting for delivery and spends the day with Max playing fetch with him (or however you amuse a monkey).

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 06:10 PM
easy, how many copys of each do you vant? and whats on ze menu? its 2copper pieces per fancy menu cus ze paper iz of higher quality and 1 per flyer

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 06:15 PM
I'll have 50 flyers (4s 2p), and one extra-high quality menu for the door (1s 8p) (Best Qual), and ten normal ones (1s 8p). On the menu is drinks everyone orders, ale 3p and beer 2p. In total 7 shilings 6 pence, correct me if I'm wrong.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 06:44 PM
I'm back.
I'm guessing I got 60 gc too.
I now have 80 gc.

Magna meets up with Axel at the station, and then goes back to his shop. He is surprised at how much gold he got in one day.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 06:46 PM
nah i trust you, anyway

zat vill be done in no time, i vill drop zem off with you ven im done

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 06:49 PM
Axel does up the shop, then recieves the flyers and scaters them about town (Opening night is Saturday, letting me do the Friday night gig at the pub), sets up the menus and feeds and plays with Max. At midnight, Axel puts the fed, sleeping monkey into its cage bed thingy and heads off to Richard's.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 06:54 PM
Magna closes shop and heads over to the tavern for some dinner and ale.
Afterwards he reads some more of the book Axel gave him before heading to Richards.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 06:56 PM
richard is wide awake and awaiting you, you get taken straight to him as you arrive ah, ok ive been told where it is, its actually the bakers shop two steets away.... here is a cloak, just like theirs, and wait till 4AM, this was the time they went in, and enter, wait for the opportune moment to begin slaughtering them! there is nothing much else to say except good luck and dont forget to burn the building... return to me when its done. dismissed

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 06:57 PM
Axel is a little distracted and whirls his hatchet on its leather thong.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 06:58 PM
Magna (I thought I said he left) reaches Richard's. Once inside he waits for further instruction.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:00 PM
edited :P missed you post while typing, about to post in OOC keep an eye out, youll like it ^^

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:03 PM
Axel goes out lookinng for a keg of gunpowder, which he plans to throw in the baker's oven, obliterating the house and cultists.

drum-n-bass
2008-12-07, 07:03 PM
Magna thanks Richard and follows Axel.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:08 PM
looking for gunpoweder keg after midnight is not what suppliers were expecting and thus are all closed and asleep...

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:14 PM
Axel goes to the watchstation to see if the helpful guards have a contraband department.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:25 PM
as you turn up the watchman asks what do you want? you not found more warpstone, please?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:27 PM
"Found the cultists' base, believe it or not! Have you confiscated any gunpowder recently? I have a plan, but I need powder. A keg at least."

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:31 PM
you, you, you what? found their base? this is too much for me.... crap i gotta get outa here, did you see sarge after he had been at the temple overnight? they brought him round but now his a bumbling vegitble wreck! he just keeps screaming and crying, he will never be back to normal! he says this and runs home in fear... although he left his keys on the desk. the rooms gotta be round here somewhere

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:32 PM
Axel finds it as quick as he can and looks round for a keg of powder, and anything else worth taking.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:37 PM
you find a small keg of gun powder, a pistol, with no ammo....... and several vials of strange looking liquid. some green and bubbly, obviously forms of poison

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:40 PM
"Of course if I could manage to get this on their...ahem...copulatory organs, they'd wipe each other out." says Axel pocketing the pistol and poison, miming oral intercourse. "Help us with this barrel. We'll get it down the chimney and get away, is my plan. We lower it by a rope from the next roof. You got a better one?"

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:42 PM
lol... simply lol (and the barrel unfortunately wouldnt fit down the chimney sorry)

its now coming up to 3AM youve got about an hour to get ready

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:43 PM
How about putting it in a waterskin so it would slip down?

And WTH was that lol at?

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:45 PM
that lol was at your comment and mime as you took the pistol, anyway, yes it proberbly would fit down, but not all at once, thus the explosion wouldnt be as big

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:46 PM
How about pouring the poison down the chimney and blocking it with the barrel so the house filled with poison gas?

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:48 PM
thats if this poison will turn into gas that easily, it might just bubble?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:50 PM
Well if it's already bubbling, then it won't take much heat to evaporate it.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 07:51 PM
gah, damn my discriptive writing to make things more intresting!!! lol

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 07:56 PM
Later that night...

So, in we go. Axel-on-Magna turns up as late as he can, then spreads the gunpowder all over the kitchen floor as soon as he gets in opens up the fire then goes out again quickly, hoping the fire will spark and light the house ablaze (It won't explode unless it's contained, it just burns really quick and hot). They go out then separate.

Axel then finds the nearest ladder and borrows it to get onto the roof, pours all the poison down the chimney and puts the barrel jammed into the chimney to block the fumes, and gets down the ladder and holds the door shut with Magna's help and that of any nearby water barrels.

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:02 PM
If Magna would refuse to go through wth any part of this (admittedly stupid) plan tell me Drum.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:03 PM
as you run in, you see several people chanting in a circle naked, in the low light you cant make out the mutations properly and for this you are glad, they are huddled round one man, you hear the words "begin the initiation ceromony, and the one man they are huddled round has his penis held out in from of him and chopped off as you enter, embrace the pain! for slaanesh!
pure pleasure, not pain!
AAARRRRGH IT Huuuurrrrtss... wait, oh god, oh slaanesh, YES!
the others cheer and see you spreading the gunpowder,

the ringleader shouts get him! he must not let the secret out! but they are too slow to react and get locked in as you set it all ablaze... and die... slowly.... in happyness

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:08 PM
Axel sits down on the street corner and holds his head in his hands.

"Why why why why why why why why why?!"

He cannot begin to contemplate this perversion of reality (being a halfling, and unable to go with it that is). Caring not about Richard for the moment, he goes back to his new premises and goes to sleep immediately, waking at midday, then goes off to Richard's place with his favourite little companion on his shoulder.

First Animal Training check -

The Command "No."

[roll0] Fel 58

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:09 PM
Easy WP check against IPs (for LB told me to)

WP 31 20 =51
[roll0]

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:26 PM
max is learning the meaning of "no" but it will still take time, (it is friday now, youve got a gig tonight) richard says simply not the way i expected, but its done, no witnesses, heres your money, as promised 40Gc... and i heard your opening up tomorrow, ill come along, maybe bring some friends, to your opening night... it might be a good idea to sell the booze at a slightly hightened price to them, they will be none the wiser he gives you the money and an evil smirk at his last comment.

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:28 PM
Axel grins. "Sorry I'm late by the way, sir, I had to sleep off the shock. You don't want to know what they were doing, it's just...urgh. Damn it, I have to think up some material."

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:34 PM
yes i guessed that was why, after waltzing into a room full of slaaneshi worshipers, i had almost feared you died of shock till i heard it had been burnt down. the rest of the day is yours, and you have time off till i send a mesenger with a new assignment, it could be tomorrow, it could be in a few weeks time, but im sure it wont be all to long before im in need of you again

has your new bar got a stage?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:35 PM
Yes, made of tables. That's why I bought so many.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:38 PM
ah ok, when you get back, ill assume you have a hammer and some nails, maybe some spare wood left in the building when you rented it, so you can give me a roll per hour spent on building the set, the better you do the better the set, (even a fail is still building it, just not as well as a pass)

roll on.... i think inteligence would be best, using common sense, its not like you need strength to hammer in a few nails

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:39 PM
I don't need to rip the tables to bits and put it together do I? I just pushed ten or so tables against the back wall and possibly covered them with a sheet.

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:45 PM
Axel goes down to the bar and does the variety show once he finishes.

"So, we heard about those culists that burnt themself to death? Slaaneshis? Pfff. If you ask me, we can kill all Slaaneshis by making everyone put poison on their Heienburg sausage." Axel does the mime again.

[roll0] Fel 58 +10 Mimic difficulty 68 (drunken crowd/good joke bonus?)

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:45 PM
well yeah but anything permenent then you would have to nail them togeather, straighten some up as they would be wobbly, and the front would look awful with all the table legs underneath, also you will eaither have to hire someone to sell the drinks or hire someone to do the show, you cant do both at once.(you could ask magna, short term but i dont know if it would work long term)

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:50 PM
after your gig, you get given some money by the tavern owner, heh nice show, made me some more money than usual, heres your pay 20Gc (it was gonna be 10 per facter of success and you just pulled off 2 lol)

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:51 PM
Hmm. I could kep an eye on people from the stage I suppose, do five minute sets, and sell the drinks personally when I'm off, and make sure no-one goes to the bar when I'm on, and later I will hire a bar maid or someone, a few other comedians maybe? This is quite an investment, so I want a cashflow going before I start to set up permanent fixings. I only rented the place anyhow.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 08:55 PM
yeah you rented it, but it was to be rented on the long term anyway (unless you realy start to make money and you can then buy the place)

also, i wouldnt recomend doing it on your own, cus its more than likely the odd drunk will try steal some booze, like i say, im sure magna will look after the bar during your sets for the first couple of night, proberbly for free, (i dont know ask him lol)

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 08:59 PM
OK, Axel goes outside Nuln and traipses round looking for any Vagabonds looking for temporary employment and goes to the scribe again and pays another 4/8 for flyers advertising a barman/barmaid's position.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:02 PM
the scribe does them rather quickly and gives them to you (same price as the other flyers) iz zat all?

after handing them out and the like, you get several people turn up to your tavern and are waiting outside to talk to you (you can interview them if you like)

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:04 PM
OK, I interview all of them. What is it for checking the most likely candidate? Perception? Evaluate? Fellowship? They try to Charm me?

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:06 PM
what ever you like, your interviewing them, although i advise anything that will increase sales. which is likely fellowship, but inteligence would be important too

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:08 PM
OK.
Candidate 1:
[roll0] Int 38
[roll1] Fel 58
2:
[roll2] Int 38
[roll3] Fel 58
3:
[roll4] Int 38
[roll5] Fel 58
4:
[roll6] Int 38
[roll7] Fel 58

Whichever I get most Degrees of Success on, I will hire.

Thattle-bee number 2.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:12 PM
thats one way to do it i suppose :P,

you gravitate towards the second candidate, and the others all think you have other intentions on your mind, as the second candidate is a rather busty good looking woman with a EXTREAMLY low cut top... but of course, this will proberbly help increase sales... alot!

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:16 PM
"OK, you're hired. The pay will be between 1 and 5 crowns a night depending on sales but I'll be watching you so don't be stealing anything, you won't get away with it just because you're an attractive woman." Axel says this last flatly, not using compliments to mask desire in his voice, because there is none. The Slaaneshi incident has put him off sexuality for a bit.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:20 PM
she gladly accepts my name is charlotte, and ill accept the job, starting tomorrow yes? *giggle* as she giggles her bust bounces about inside her top, this woman will definately help get the sales up!

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:22 PM
It is lucky Axel can't see this from above, or he would remind himself of the Slaaneshi ritual. "Yes, tomorrow."
So the others don't think he has other ideas he calls in the first one and tells him/her s/he can have a job too as a waiter/ress, if s/he is willing to accept.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:26 PM
its a man, this ones called baldrick and likes turnips.(ok a blackadder reference)......... personality of a fruit, but generally very friendly and seems to follow orders well, he will accept also (if the offer is still there)

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:28 PM
"OK Baldrick, your pay will be a turnip a day. Sorry, I was watching a play the other day, where there was a man with your name, no offence there...one to five crowns a night, weekends, Wednesdays and holidays. Terms acceptable?"

Did you watch Blackadder's Most Cunning Moments on G.O.L.D. earlier, well, yesterday now? Bet you did.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:31 PM
yes my lord, that'll do me fine, see you tomorrow

errrrrm..... can i say no and have you believe me? lol:smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:33 PM
Axel will go to the carpenter and commission for a stage to be made, has them come round and take the measurements, and asks the price.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:35 PM
no problem mate, thatll cost about 3gc as it seems you got all the matirials and we finish tomorrow before your opening, or 2gc and i finish the day after,

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:37 PM
Axel flicks the money onto the table, scoops it up and hands it over. After a coupl of second's looking at the man, he tosses him a couple more.
"Keep the change. Do you want to come down the opening, free entry of course?"

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:42 PM
sure, why not.

he starts work on it right away, and at an alarming speed,

(i can think of 2 things missing; a name or sign and somewhere to keep the money safe(like a till type thing, im sure they had a wooden one into the counter or something surely?))

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:44 PM
I suppose they would have a cash drawer at least, and I'll go down the Scribe's and have him carve me a sign. "Gnuthus and Grungni; Axel Udo's Famous Comedy Club".

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:47 PM
itz nice to zee you again, i can do that sign, ill finish it before tonight and bring it over yez? how big? little half Gc medium 1Gc large 1.5 Gc

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:49 PM
"Do us a couple of medium ones for street signs, and a big one for above the door."

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:51 PM
ill even put a nice picture of ze monkey on ze big one yes?

Xsesiv
2008-12-07, 09:53 PM
"If you could. Look, Max, he's putting you on it!"

After the sign is delivered, Axel will get the carpenter to put the signs on the posts and above his door, as (I'm assuming) he is human and can reach.

littlebottom
2008-12-07, 09:55 PM
he does, at no additional cost, and now its about 9pm, and the carpenter has almost finished, he says he will do the last bit in the morning, and has gone home. (when you come back it will be morning for you, although magna can tend to a few things today if he likes still)

Xsesiv
2008-12-09, 05:00 PM
OK, I test the stage and look if the shop could be improved.

If I see nothing I will try finish training Max to know the meaning of "No."

[roll0] Fel 58

littlebottom
2008-12-09, 05:11 PM
the comedy club is pretty much ready for its opening, (unless you can think of anything) and unfortunatley you dont make much progress with max, although little progress is still progress

Xsesiv
2008-12-09, 05:14 PM
How much would it be to get the decorators in?

littlebottom
2008-12-09, 05:19 PM
gossip check, to find a cheaper one