PDA

View Full Version : wfrp (invite only) but feel free to read

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

orchitect
2009-02-11, 08:12 PM
Hello Madame, and please, pardon my friend, I say trying to sound as polite as possible. We are here to enquire about your missing jewelry. We just need to know some information so that we can search for it effectively

per to see if there's anything undead about her.
=40
[roll0]

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 08:20 PM
she looks at axel and as he mentions the earrings she cheers up, ignoreing the insult, and smiles warmly at you both, please, come in! she leads you slowly down a long corridor, with paintings all along its walls, before you reach a small sitting room, very old lady like and sits down have you heard anything about the earrings? or do you want to ask me some questions?

and you cannot tell if there is anything undead about her apart from she seems to be cheating death to be alive and well at this age.

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 08:23 PM
"Sorry, no. That's why we're here, to learn something about them so we can know them when we see them."

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 08:34 PM
well, i was at the Chez Louis, i can remember everything, the menu, the songs sung, especially a young tilean soprano, her voice was beautiful, at some point though i must have took them off, and then they must have been stolen... it was while that soprano was singing i think. i cant remember the people though, i cant remember who else was there that night... or even who waited my table... and my earings must have been worth 100 gold pieces... bought by my late husband from deepest ind, dont you know! she sits quietly waiting for a reply

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 08:39 PM
Vampires are said to have an appreciation for the Arts...Axel jumpshis leg nervously. "I'll do what I can, you old ha- Madam. I'm going straight to Chez Louis." And if she's a vampire, I can stake her, collect the bounty, and Richard can fence the earings for me...S**t, I forgot vampires can read thoughts...HmmmMMmmMMMmmmmMMMMmm...

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 08:49 PM
erm lol Xsesiv, just lol

she smiles at you warmly hmm, i dont know weather you would be able to get in, its very high profile, and theres always a long waiting list... she sighs well if you do find a way in then thank you, and i hope you find those earings, they hold deep sentimental value to me.

(the time is starting to get late (about 8pm) and it will take a while to walk across town again)

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 08:51 PM
Axel tries to slip in under some woman's dress or a mans cloak.

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 08:57 PM
this almost works, you get inside the doorway, but suddenly the woman turns and walks off sharply unexpectedly, and the doorman spots you ... excuse me sir, i dont beleive your supposed to be in here, sir.

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:02 PM
I was already in there. I was trying to leave when that woman walked in and I got trapped up against her dress pushing me back in. Actually, I think I left my coat in there, so if you'd like to let me in...

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 09:10 PM
he looks you up and down and simply says i am sorry sir, i would not have allowed some one... dressed such as yourself in, sir... i could see when you could next book a table?

its rather late now IC and the sun is set completely.

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:12 PM
I'm dressed in Good clothes. Does that mean they have to be Best to get in?

Axel throws the man a rude hand geture before slipping round the side to find a drain.

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 09:21 PM
(actually yes, and it states that in the adventure)

as you walk around the back to find a drain a drunken looking but yet smart and rich looking man stubles down the ally, followed sharply by 2 men. who set upon the drunk infront of you one says to the other get those two, before they get away!

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:25 PM
Axel shakes his head to allow his hair to obscure his face. "Sorry, mate." He turns his axe round and bashes the man over the head with the flat, before taking off his clothes (Best quality?) and giving them to Gallina to put on, hiding under the cloak to slip in.

Misread. sorry

Axel stands up straight and then bends over shakily. Don't be too rough wi'me deary...I's been a bit delicate since I got a bit o'the old Neiglish Rot...

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 09:27 PM
(you knock a drunken man out while his being attacked by two thugs, and take his clothes, while the thugs turn on you? do you want to rethink that one? the "those two" is you 2...)

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:33 PM
Thats the error, I thought the drunk was saying that. Fixed above.

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 09:41 PM
(your inviting the thug to rape you now? lol)

the thug advances as does the other when the drunk man sits powerless in the gutter.

they pull knives out ... [roll0] initiative (they are lowly thugs, should be pretty easy)

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:51 PM
Well the Neiglish Rot is a terrible disease, usually a death sentence. I'm trying to get them as far away from me as I can. You wouldn't go near a bird-flu victim.

Now now, violence never solved anything. [roll0] Axel slowly draws his throwing knife behind his back.I will defend myself if you attack me, but don't see any point in - fighting over a drunk. To be honest, we're here to rob him. We're not likely to bash him over the 'ead - Axel makes the accompanying (bashing) motion to this last line, hurling the dagger through the air at the first thug. BS 55 [roll1] Damage [roll2]

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 09:55 PM
( i think a nice way to deal with critical hits is 10% or lower of your target, and thus you got one,)

it flys straight into his heart, the man keels over in pain before dieing slowly, the other thug takes a quick potshot with his dagger

[roll0]

[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-02-11, 09:57 PM
By Phineas! Axel steps back, pulls his hatchet and goes for the guy. WS 32 [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

littlebottom
2009-02-11, 10:10 PM
he sees the hatchet and runs, in the meantime the drunk had gotten to his feet and says ah, thhank you for getting rid of thosh thugsh...thugs. here take my card he presents a small card meet me tommorow morning if you want to make some real money! and wanders off into the night the card says

Fleicher's Famous Furters!

Fleicher
182 links park

(i wasnt about to let you mug a plot point:smallwink:)

Xsesiv
2009-02-12, 11:18 AM
Axel retrieves the dagger and anything the thug had on him, and continues to look for a drain, card in pocket.

littlebottom
2009-02-12, 05:57 PM
you find a drain, soaking wet and slippery and if you wish to climb it it will be a hard test.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 12:17 PM
Not a drainpipe, a drain grate in the floor to slip in under and into the drain of the restaurant privy or kitchen.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 02:58 PM
(there would be one at the bottom of the drain pipe but not very big, but even if you got in this way, what would you expect to learn without literally interergating people against their will?)

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 05:58 PM
Just going to look around. Axel seeing the size of the drain goes away to buy some upmarket clothes. Price for BC Best clothes? Next day, with the full intention of going to the Bretonnian again, he goes over to the sausage shop.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 06:34 PM
you go to the address on the card, and are supprised to see that its a rather large house, not a shop, it must be Fleichers own home. there is a couple of steps up to the front door, and the house is fully detatched, as you reach the door there is an ornate knocker on the door, with the ring in the style of sausages strung togeather, and a brass bell at the side hanging down.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 06:50 PM
Tacky as hell. Axel rings the bells and knocks on the door. He keeps a hand behind his back as a kind of respectful salute and also to grip the hilt of a knife, just in case.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 06:59 PM
the door is answered by a butler, what can i do for you sir, and madam? he stands in the doorway at the moment blocking entry to the house.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 07:00 PM
"Your master, was it? I don't know who, the man of the house? Somebody who lives here told us to come here. Could you get him?" Axel describes the man.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 07:13 PM
the butler sighs i see, follow me. he steps aside till you are in and shuts the door, then proceeds to walk down a corridor to a large waiting room, with some tables and chairs. please wait here while i inform the master of your precence... he gives a small bow and leaves.... about a minute later, a chef walks out with a plate piled high of sausages, and puts them in the table for you while you wait, saying that they are the freshest and best quaility sausages in nuln, possibly the empire.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 07:16 PM
Axel gives one of the sausages a suspicious prod. Skinny tall bastards can't cook. He eyes up one of the sausages before taking a slice using his dagger and eating it to asess the quality.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 07:19 PM
they are indeed, wonderful, and taste better in almost everyway to any sausage you have eaten. the cook certainly can cook too!

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 07:28 PM
"Hegh. S'a'ight." Taking another bite, Axel stows-away a sausage in his jacket pocket. Sick of taverns, he can now have some dinner.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 07:48 PM
after you and (im sure) galinna has finished a majority of the sausages, the butler reapears and guides you to an office like room, with a sweating mess of a man sitting opposite, looking distraught.

you came! thank you. he stands up from his chair praise sigmar! i knew some one would answer the job offer. well lets get to it then. i am georg fleicher, and i want you to find my darling daughter, hanna. shes been missing for three days! and i dont know what to do. i need you to ask around and find wheres shes gone, i dont understand it, i realy dont, shes such a good girl, she would never run off!"

he offers you both 5GC now, and a further 30 with the safe return of hanna.

(now might also be a good time to ask questions :smallwink:)

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 07:51 PM
"Has she been acting strangely lately? Do you know anyone she could have run off with? Any reason she ran off? Where's she been hanging about? Where could she go? Do you think she's left the city?" These questions are asked the one after the answer of the one before, not in succession.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 08:07 PM
i saw hanna last when she was on the way to her favorite restaurant, with her friend, Carla lindt. i asked carla the next day where my daughter was and she said that hanna must have gone home early, as that was the last she saw of her...

i suppose you could try asking around my shops, maybe one of the workers knows where shes gone off to? try asking anyone, everyone! some one must know where she is!... i dont know if this is connected but my oldest shop has been broken into a couple of times in the last few months. according to Erich, the butcher there, nothing has ever been taken... oh, and here, take this. he hands you a locket its got a picture inside of it of hanna, i also got hanna one, with a picture of me in it... that was when her mother died.... all those years ago... Fleicher starts to well up and becomes a mess with his head in his hands and hands on the table crying... quickly the butler comes in the meeting is over, please leave at once. he ushers you out before a word can come out edge wise, and please, dont come back without news on hanna for the master... for the masters sake. shutting the door on you. moments later, a woman walks up behind you...

ah i see youve been talking to Fleicher, terrible shame whats happened, you know, i saw his daughter with a man recently, lovely young man he was, but from my window several nights ago, i saw a strange man in a long black coat and hat, serenading her from her belcony down the ally... after a while it becomes apparent that this is fleichers next door neighbor, and is a bit of a gossip, her name is marguerite garten. she seems to know alot of whats happening from almost all over town!

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 08:10 PM
Did you see him in any more detail? What did he look like? Human? Elven? Foreign? Skinny? Bulky? Fat? Did he have a weapon? Was he shifty-looking?

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 08:17 PM
hmmm i couldnt tell... he had this long black coat on, and it obscured his face along with his hat, all i can tell was it was most proberbly human........ ive just had an idea! ive been looking for someone to go with me to that restaurant, you know the one, the "Chez Louis" we could talk more over dinner if you like? my treat! and dont worry about reservations, me and the owner have an understanding where by im allowed in when ever i like, ive just not been able to go without someone to take me there, dont worry about your clothes, youll get in with me vouching for you!

this offer includes galinna, but the one she has her eye on is clearly Axel.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 08:22 PM
Chez Louis, I'd love to come! I've been before, it was great. I tried to get in the other night, but apparently I look like a tramp.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 08:27 PM
(sorry, but its the restaruant of the town, all the bigwigs go, its hard to get in without conections:smallwink: )

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 08:36 PM
Axel goes to the restaurant with the woman to learn what he can. He keeps a sharp eye out for the earings.

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 08:54 PM
garten walks straight in, followed by axel, who gets a sideways look from the man on the door, but as gallina tries to get in, wearing her robes, she gets stopped, but garten turns around and says something in his ear, and suddenly you are ushered to the best table in the house, where were we? oh yes, that man who came to hannas window, he came 3 nights in a row! before her disapearence. i heard she came here also. after a short while, a man comes out from the kitchens in the back and walks up to your table, oh madam, its you! i heard word of your arrival, how are things? he pulls up a chair and introduces himself as the owner of the Chez Louis.

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 08:56 PM
"Are you the eponymous Louis? I was just chatting to your friend..."

littlebottom
2009-02-13, 09:05 PM
Oui. have you 'eard? its a discrace! two women had zere jewlry stolen last night. i feel a leetle foolish myself, but mah eyes were full of tears due to the beautiful rendition of "Volidini's Lament" sung by our amazing saprano, my, she 'as powerfool lungs no?

Xsesiv
2009-02-13, 09:12 PM
Yes I 'eard, sorry, heard. I talked to a woman ze, the, other day who lost her earings in here. Any idea who they got stole by?

Logging now, sorry.

orchitect
2009-02-14, 07:40 PM
(darn, and I just got on! Later, X!)

Oh, and monsieur, when will this soprano be singing again? I'd love to hear her perform.

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 07:43 PM
Haha, wrote that yesterday. lol.

"I agree, it must have been impressive. Mon ami, who do you think stole the jewellery?"

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 09:06 PM
ah, ze soprano! she isnt due to sing 'ere for a week, due to prior arrangements she told moi. 'er name iz Maria Della Miragliano. you may 'ave 'eard of her, no? she 'as been working 'e~er for a couple of months and i tink she enjoys ze intimate atmosphere of a small restaurant rather zan ze opera... Myself? i am in love with such a woman, but she does never notice, even when i deliver 'er fee... louis decides he must get bact to work and gives you all a little bow and asks for your orders (bread and water = 6S and thats the cheapest thing on the menu!)

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 10:02 PM
"Have you got...a nice steak? I don't want to be cheap here. And some of whatever drink Bretonnia does." Axel goes to the privy while taking a look to scout the floor for earings.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 10:11 PM
you find no earrings, as there are none to be found. Louis takes your order and turns to gallina.

also garten begins gossiping again oh did you know? that that hanna girl had a boyfriend for a while? her father doesnt know though, he works at "otto's Glassworks" you know?

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 10:17 PM
"Great. Well, do you think she could have run off with him? Or maybe..." Axel is suspicious since a Slaanesh worshipping cult performed a twisted ritual in front of him. Is she a human sacrifice now? He doubts it. Probably the paranoia of a mind like a wire pulled from a slab of metal. How much does the food cost? What'll it be like? Axel is able to quickly end these delusions by thinking of something Halflings can't stop thining about. Food. He calls to Louis. "Could I have some extra vegetables for the monkey?"

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 10:23 PM
he pets max, why, certainly.

hmmm yes she could of done now you mention it... but of course there was that... "rival suiter" that has been serenaiding her from her balcony recently... maybe she fel in love with him and didnt want to face her current boyfriend? his names Hans by the way, her first boyfriend that is.

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 10:31 PM
"You sound very informed, no offence meant. I shall go and see what Hans thinks of this tomorrow. Till then, any other men that could have been in her life? I doubt it was her father..."

orchitect
2009-02-14, 10:40 PM
Oh, I 'll have a steak as well, rare too, if you will. Merci, monsieur.

Gallinna listens to the conversation, mulling over the threads of fact and fiction. This rival suiter, did you ever see which direction he left the Fleicher premises by? Where was he heading?

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 10:45 PM
Louis takes the order and goes and cooks the meals.

garten replies to gallina im sorry dear, i never saw him come or go, i only knew he was there when i heard him serenade her... there were no other men in her life realy, although now you mention her father... i heard that Fliecher cheated the school of gunnery out of their recent contract!

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 10:48 PM
This town is a web of lies! Lies I say!

Axel lets his body relax completely and his neck droops forward, his chest thumps down to the table, and he bangs his head.

What more do you want me to sort out? Fine, fine, tell me what happened.

orchitect
2009-02-14, 10:49 PM
But what would a butcher gain from cheating a school of gunnery? What was the contract for?

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 10:53 PM
(a web of lies you say? that could be true, although it could also be true that you are following several carefully interwoven plot points at once, its one reason i wanted to run this adventure, its very well written, and does indeed have its dead ends and fair share of lies, but hey, all the better for your crack investigative skills to decipher!)

yes, that hans boy, lovely young man he is... although, i wouldnt go about telling every one about it. i mean it was a secret relationship from hannas father, and when she comes home she might get into trouble for it, and i dont want that on my concience!

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 10:56 PM
But what would a butcher gain from cheating a school of gunnery? What was the contract for?

the contract? as far as i know, to supply them with sausages...? i think they were providing the food for some form of get togeather or something, im not sure actually... she looks lost in thought, as if slightly embaressed theres something she clearly doesnt know too much about. as if looking for a way out she says you know, Fleichers sausages are the best in the land! from what ive heard, he has a secret blend of herbs, in every sausage that gives them their unique and rather addicting flavour!

orchitect
2009-02-14, 10:57 PM
Do you know of any other secrets hanna was keeping from her father?

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 10:58 PM
Doesn't want it on her conscience...

You're going to have to tell me everything you know about what you've been saying, or I'm going to have to tell her father all I could learn was that you told me she was a slag.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:02 PM
Doesn't want it on her conscience....[/COLOR]

(people are vain sometimes)

i dont know of any other secrets she kept, and if she had any she hid them well... and she isnt a slag, she just had 2 admirers? anything wrong with that? isnt it nice to have some attention from time to time? she is clearly trying to defend hanna while covering her own back

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:04 PM
Do you want me to tell her father all you said was that she had 2 men on-the-go? What else do you know? You seem to have some kind of intricate knowledge of this place.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:12 PM
she looks at you slightly dejected i only know what i hear from roumors and the likes... and i dont think she had 2 men on the go as much as one man, and the other trying to woo her.

shortly afterwards Louis returns with your food enjoy your mealz he gives a smile and returns to the back of the restaurant.

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:14 PM
Axel eats the food before leaving the restaurant through the privy window, leaving the woman who brought him with the bill.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:18 PM
make a difficult agility test, or get stuck in the window. its only small and halflings are quite fat.

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:22 PM
But they're also tiny, and it's a human sized window.

Anyway:

[roll0] Ag 55.

Axel gets stuck in the window.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:25 PM
(but retaurant windows are those little small square things lol)

axel gets stuck in the window, and decides it best to go back inside as he will never get through at this rate.

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:28 PM
Axel goes back inside and waits for someone to come in and leave. As they leave he smashes the window with his hatchet, going outside and lying down just outside.

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:32 PM
as you are leaving the bill arrives, but luckily garten pays the 18GC... you leave with a new lead... and the glass is reinforced, made from otto's glass works dontcha know?:smallwink:

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:34 PM
Not until now I didn't, no.

Axel turns up to the glassworks the next day.

Where's Hands?

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:48 PM
as you enter the glassworks a heat hits you his round the back, would you like to buy any glass today? weve got all different types! he goes off into a small rant about all the wonderful types of glass before zoning back in yeah, just through that door there

as you enter the heat becomes unbareable, and three young men are at work here, the eldest no older than 18 (the youngest being 15)

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:52 PM
"Well you lanky sweaty doublings, who's Hans?"

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:54 PM
the eldest steps forward me, why do you ask?

Xsesiv
2009-02-14, 11:56 PM
"As I'm sure you've heard, your girlfriend Hanna's gone missing. What do you know about this?"

littlebottom
2009-02-14, 11:58 PM
he looks at you with shock how did you know she was my girlfriend? weve been keeping it secret for 3 months!

Xsesiv
2009-02-15, 12:02 AM
You have no sense of proportion, have you. First you grow twice as much as you need to, then you're complaining of being found out when your girlfriend has disappeared. I wouldn't be that concerned that way to be honest. Was it you that turned up in a big coat to lemonade her?

orchitect
2009-02-15, 12:02 AM
Used to handling situations a little more delicately Gallinna steps in.

It doesn't really matter how we found out, what matters is that she might be in danger. We need you to tell us everything you can about where she might have gone, who she knows, and any other secrets. If you like, we can talk in private. If you cooperate, we might keep your romance a secret from her father...

littlebottom
2009-02-15, 12:09 AM
i... i dont know wheres shes gone... and what do you mean a guys been lemonading her? it certainly wasnt me thats for sure... you mean seronadeing? who the hell could that be? he clearly gets slightly angry at this knowledge, it looks real, but he could just be a good actor, but he doesnt seem to tell you anything other than you must find her then, you should go to Fleichers shops, his newest one isnt far from here.

he gives you directions to the shop,

i must get back to work now... he says brushing away a tear.

Xsesiv
2009-02-17, 08:57 AM
Axel goes to look round Fleichers shops as he suggested.

littlebottom
2009-02-18, 11:48 PM
you find your way to Fleichers most recently built shop, rather close to Fleichers home, and because of this, it sees the most attention of Fleicher himself, it looks clean and pristine, and there is a butcher working behind the counter. an, what can i do for you?

Xsesiv
2009-02-19, 07:29 AM
A few pork chops wouldn't go amiss, and while you're at it, do you know anything about Fleicher's girl?

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 10:20 PM
"Er...Hanna, her name was. Was she behaving weirdly? Did she ever say anything to you?" Axel thinks about tracking down the Tilean soprano to interrogate her as well.

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 10:28 PM
(sorry i was replying to this thread days ago when forum went down, i thought i got the post through though, but doesnt seem like i did)

hanna? oh so your working for fleicher? well, i only met hanna once or twice, seemed like a lovely girl though, i doubt she ran away, but lets hope this is all it is.

she was acting as normal as any other girl ive seen, but like i say, ive only seen her once or twice, maybe it would be better to go see albrechte's in fleicher older shop. hes been working for fliecher much longer than i.

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 10:31 PM
Axel asks the man for directions to the older shop then goes there.

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 10:37 PM
he gives you the directions.

there is a marked difference between this shop and the new one, a small crowd is crammed inside, and almost everyone is squabbling about the price of meat. A wiry old man is cutting lamb chops as you enter, he looks up from his work and says ill be with you in a minute after i finish this. he then shuffles off through the curtain and returns a few moments later, he reapears from the back smacking his lips and with booze-soaked breath, he says Hello, I'm Albrechte, what can i do for you? he grips the counter tightly, like his holding onto it for balence.

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 10:39 PM
"What do you know about Hanna and her disappearence?" Axel keeps this as quiet as possible so the crowd doesnt get in on it.

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 10:44 PM
what? how did you know shes missing? you think i saw you kidnap her or something?

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 10:46 PM
"You're clearly a poor drunk. I was told by Fleicher himself she went missing, and I'm asking around. I can always tell your boss you're accusing potential customers of kidnap."

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 10:57 PM
ignoreing the threat he says ah your working for fliecher? why didnt you say so? where was i? oh yes, hanna, shes a beautiful young woman, i hope fliechers ok. i mean, they do say the streets are no place for a young woman, especially on that good looking... my cousin in weissbrook was minding his own business when someone...

he rambles on for a minute or two, he likes the sound of his own voice, and gossips with the customers, proberbly for more time than he actually does work.

you know, fliechers old house was just around the corner, and he and hanna were always in the shop helping out or dealing with customers. its funny though, i havnt seen hanna or her gentleman friend for some time. they were always going for walks past here to the park.

one of the customers speaks up hey, why dont you do us all a favour and go work for Herr Starks Butchery?! you can gossip all day in his shop. another customer yells yeah, but only cus he hasnt got any customers!

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 11:01 PM
No leads here. Axel goes to search the park for any clues, before going to the Brettonian restaurant again to interrogate the singer.

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 11:09 PM
no leads eh? well if you hung around any longer, you would have the address to the last butchery, the oldest and the one that was broken into several times... not my fault is it.

first of all, the park is fine, it seems perfectly normal as far as you can tell, no clues... and the singer isnt around at the moment, and has been off work this week.

Xsesiv
2009-02-20, 11:13 PM
I didn't know the other butchery had anything to do with Fleicher, so I can't think of a reason for RPing sticking around.

"Any idea why she's off?"

littlebottom
2009-02-20, 11:17 PM
she could of ran off with her boyfriend i suppose? he doesnt offer much other help than that. but he gives directions to fleichers last shop (the other shop mentioned wasnt fleichers, but a competitor butchery.)

Xsesiv
2009-03-01, 06:03 PM
Axel nods politely and leaves for the last shop, where he asks people what they know.

littlebottom
2009-03-01, 06:40 PM
as i said in your OOC, ill post properly when i get more time, im not ignoreing the post, and im still running, just busy is all

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 07:47 PM
as you approach the last shop, it is clearly the oldest of the lot, run down, quiet, with few customers. as you walk in you see a man of about 50 years behind the counter, what cannai do fer ye?

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 07:52 PM
"What do you know about Hanna Fleicher? She's gone missing, I'm sure you heard, and I have to find her for her father. Who's she been seeing, been acting weird or anything?"

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 07:59 PM
oh, working for the boss eh? well, the names Erich. an about his daughter...*wisper* just between you an me, shes been gettin a bit fat recently...*/wisper* before she dissapeared of course, lovely gal though. ive been told to help whoever was working for the boss, so here you go, you know that Albetche's shop has been broken into several times recently? but... by the time you would get back up there, he would have locked up and left. but knowing Albetche, he'll be in the green bottle tavern, drinkin his wages away... im sure he'll give you the key to the shop after his had a few, an' maybe you can go look round the shop for any clues on whos been breakin in? he also gives you directions to the green bottle tavern.

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 08:06 PM
Axel goes to the tavern and buys a bottle of the strongest spirits he can find and two ales and pours the spirit in the man's drink and hides the bottle up his shirt before going over to Albrechte. "I have a proposition for you; very lucrative." he says. "You must have a drink with me; see, here, I got you one. I'll tell you."

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 08:16 PM
albrechte looks at you ah, very kind sir! your that halfling from earlyer arnt you? hope you found Fleichers daughter... tragic story, its almost as bad as my cousin over in Altdorf, his son was minding his own business when- he rambles on for a short while in his normal chatty disposition.

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 08:19 PM
"Oh yes...the very same. I'm sorry sir, but I must tell you this: We Halflings tend to get slightly offended if people don't drink with us when asked." Axel insistently shoves the mug of spirits mixed in ale across the table and raises his own mug of ale.

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 08:23 PM
oh, i was not turning my nose up at your offer, on the connterarary!.... contrary! he takes you mug and happily begins to drink.

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 08:25 PM
Axel watches him downing the ale...not knowing that it has spirits mixed in. He gulps his own drink and sees who finishes their drink first.

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 08:28 PM
Albechte finishes his first, but only just. ...Hic... as i wash saying, my other cousin lives in sylvania an' he says that he begins rableing again...

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 08:32 PM
"That was quick. I'm willing to bet, sir, that you could beat him" - and he points at a Dwarf - "at a drinking contest. As it is, let me buy you another." He buys another ale and pours more spirits in and gives it to the man.

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 08:35 PM
'im? i could beat 'im anyday o tha week! he says rushing to down his new ale to prove a point.

Xsesiv
2009-03-19, 08:37 PM
Axel waits to watch the results of a man drinking two pints of spirits.

littlebottom
2009-03-19, 08:43 PM
Alberchte gets to a state where everything he says is a drunken slur, and any more drink might well make him unconcious.

Xsesiv
2009-03-20, 04:57 PM
Axel tells the man he's too drunk to stay here and takes him to a room in the inn, and waits till he goes to sleep to sleep off the alcohol; at this point he takes the man's key and pours the remains of the spirit down the man's throat, hoping that this way his hangover will be so bad he won't come for his key back for a day or two.

littlebottom
2009-03-20, 06:49 PM
strangly enough, Alberchte refuses and snaps into a extreamly sober state as you try to move him and tells you to back off, before slipping back into his drunken stuper slowly (this guy is used to his drink but he is *WILLING* to give you the key. but he seems EXTREAMLY defencive about being moved for some reason...)

the reason of which i can tell you after the adventure :smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2009-03-20, 06:58 PM
Axel says to the man that in passing he saw his shop is unlocked and as Albrechte clearly doesn't want to move if he gives Axel the key he'll take care of it.

littlebottom
2009-03-20, 07:06 PM
ah... sh*t... heres tha key, ya better go lock it up for me, i mean in the last month its been broken into 3 times, each time it looks like they climbed over the wall at the back and got into the shed out back, seems like a few sausages were taken, but i found gobbets of blood and meat left around, almost as if some bugger was using it to run his own business! he hands you the key and asks you to look round it to see if its all ok.

Xsesiv
2009-03-20, 07:09 PM
I seriously doubt that it is a singularly unprofessional burglar and sausage enthusiast...

Axel goes into the door with a throwing-dagger drawn hoping to catch the crooks red-handed, failing tis he goes to the shed. He has a look at any blood and meat left about if nobody is there.

Search or Perception?

Int 38 [roll0]

I believe the term is "woot".

littlebottom
2009-03-20, 07:25 PM
as you make your way back to the shop the sun just sets. getting into the shop is easy with the key.

as you walk in, no one seems to be here right now, but you walk around the counter and notice that it is rather high, infact almost chest height to humans...

as you continue round the back, (and this is where your perception roll comes in) you notice a hatch on the top of the shed, but rusted so badly it cant shut properly, proberbly how the theives got in. as you enter the smell of fresh meat hits you, there is no windows and it is dark in the shed, but (your amazing perception helps again) you see that there is fresh flesh on the floor, and a mincer dripping blood onto a large wooden table with a groove in for the blood to drain into a bucket, (this is where you wish you didnt roll well) you notice something behind the bucket... closer inspection reveals it to be a severed leg from the knee down... (hard willpower roll) as you back away in fright you notice something hanging off the edge of the table, you notice it glints in the low light.

as you pick it up, it is a locket, infact it is a matching locket to the one Fleicher gave you, inside is a picture of hanna and her father togeather...

what happened in here?!

that roll was good and bad, its got a small table telling me what you find dependant on perception roll and you found it all :smallbiggrin:

Xsesiv
2009-03-20, 07:32 PM
Is that a leg? Axel remembers how good the sausages were and projectile-vomits over the room.

[roll0] WP 31

OK, how many IP's?

Once he's recovered, he wonders who'd have a locket of Hanna and her father except one of those two or maybe Hanna's mother. He goes to the parents' house to ask about it.

littlebottom
2009-03-20, 07:35 PM
(willpower 31 before or after the "hard" modifier)

you recall (i cant blame you its been a while) that Fleicher gave you his matching locket of hannas, to identify hanna, and that Fleicher had them made after Hannas mothers death.

Xsesiv
2009-03-20, 07:44 PM
31 before, I'm going insane soon.

Sorry I forgot. Axel examines the leg, trying to see if it belongs to anyone he knows, then goes over to Fleicher's house with the locket and the leg and confronts Fleicher, asking why a locket of his or his daughter's was found where a gory murder took place.

littlebottom
2009-03-22, 07:07 PM
(most people would ignore the leg after this, good man!)

upon closer inspection of the leg, you notice something odd.........

ITS WOODEN! its a fake leg! but it has some blood and the odd bit of frest meat on it... proberbly left there to scare anybody off snooping around.

as you confront fleicher he breaks down into tears no! this cannot be? my daughter? ground up into meat and sold in my sausages? no! i cant beleive it! i WONT beleive it!..... please, please go and find out what you can of her death... such as WHO did it to my daughter! who on earth could be that sick?! he breaks into tears and the butler forces you to leave, as he does so, he gives you the address of hannas friend, the last person whom we know of who saw her alive.

just as you leave, you notice some snotty kids in an alley... one of them comes up to you and says ey! mister! i ear your goin round askin bout hanna? well maybe we knows something... but itll cost ya! the other kids look on from the alley.

Xsesiv
2009-03-23, 12:46 PM
Axel draws a few crowns and his hatchet. "Information first. If you try and rob me I'll cut your hands and feet off."

littlebottom
2009-03-23, 06:57 PM
is that an intimidate? if so, please roll.

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 07:42 AM
Only a threat if they try and rob me. I'm not saying "give me the info or you die."

If you say "Yeah that's still Intimidate" [roll0] S 22, Fel 58

Hmm...snotty, as in diseased, or pathetic?

littlebottom
2009-03-24, 12:59 PM
snotty as in pathetic (and also runny noses, although not ill :smallwink:)

the kid backs off a little woah woah! no need for that sir! he says looking at the hatchett, look, ill tell ya ok? free o' charge!........ you know theres been a guy singing to hanna from under her window... well, its actually a woman! a woman in a long coat an' wide brimmed hat to 'ide 'er face it is! while the kid is talking to you, some of the others sidle up to you and start looking at you in amazement and wonder, of the little man with longer hair than anyone they have seen before. they wisper things behind their hands to each other, you catch bits, but mainly kids being silly "look at 'is 'air! its longer than those sigmarians preach!"

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 01:36 PM
Axel chases them with his hatchet to scare them a little then wanders off to Hanna's friend's house.

littlebottom
2009-03-24, 02:38 PM
you find yourself in the more upmarket part of town, a short flight of stairs leads to the front door and a heavy bell rope hangs beside it. the house is 3 stories high with two windows on each floor.

the names on a plaque to the side of the door are : the Lindt's home

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 02:42 PM
Axel swings off the doorbell as he thinks back to the singer outside Hanna's house being a woman and wonders whether it could have been the singer the chef mentioned at the Bretonnian restaurant.

littlebottom
2009-03-24, 02:54 PM
(heh since you investigated the butchers shop, youve been in the chapter called "hot on the trail" :smallbiggrin: this is where everything comes togeather, or at least soon)

the door opens and a butler answers yes, sir?

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 03:01 PM
Axel asks if he can come in and says it is absolutely imperitive that he speak to Hanna's friend.

littlebottom
2009-03-24, 03:30 PM
ah you speak or carla, come in and take a seat. he leads you to a living room and leaves, a few moments later a young woman walks in and asks you asked to speak with me? who are you?

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 03:31 PM
"I'm here to talk to you about Hanna. She's been missing, of which I am sure you are aware, and it is my job to find her. What do you know about her going missing?"

littlebottom
2009-03-24, 03:45 PM
as soon as you mention hanna she bursts into tears, after a few moments she manages to stop. i havnt seen hanna for days now... we had such a nice time at the gunners arms when there was a caberet. but i lost sight of her during the dancing that came later,and i assumed she had gone to get some fresh air outside. there were so many young officers there, then later, when i was leaving with wolfie- my handsome escort- there was all that unpleasantness. somebody had been robbed apparently a lady waiting to the countess. a woman like that proberbly just lost it and blamed it on some one else, the bitch!...

Xsesiv
2009-03-24, 03:55 PM
Sigmar. "OK, I think I'm going now." Axel goes off to Chez Louis to interogate the Tilean singer.

littlebottom
2009-05-25, 08:40 PM
thread not dead yay.

littlebottom
2009-05-27, 09:53 PM
[roll0] i hope this works.

littlebottom
2009-06-06, 09:14 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Xsesiv
2009-06-07, 09:07 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Xsesiv
2009-06-07, 09:10 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 06:22 PM
As you arrive at the Chez Louis you find its doors shut tightly, must of closed early tonight...

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 06:26 PM
Axel goes over to the Gunner's Arms and walks straight into the kitchen to ask around about Hanna.

"OK, listen up, where's Hanna? Anybody know? Anybody notice any difference in her behaviour? ANYTHING?"

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 06:35 PM
"The Gunners Arms" the tavern is a good one, frequented by many juniour officers from the imperial school of gunnery. a small wooden replica of a cannon hangs outside the doorway and is often "borrowed" by students from the university. the gunners arms is about 10 years old, and a popular haunt for noblemen who like to play soldiers. the bar covers most of the main room and there is a banner across the back wall.

there are 2 men who catch your eye, rather posh looking, but also rather drunk looking too "More soup and Ale, Please!" they demand "And be quick about it! Me and Wolfgang here are hungry!" one of the drunken 2 seem to called wolfgang... that name rings a bell.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 06:43 PM
"Wolfgang!" Axel walks quickly over. "You escorted Carla a few nights ago, yes? What of her friend Hanna? Where was she? And what happened when there was that mugging?

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 06:49 PM
"hmm? you what now? oh hi there little one! hanna? no i have no idea what happened to her... although my friend rudi has gone missing too! he went home with a load of sausages one night and ive not seen him since...

at that moment a waitress comes over and overhears what is said. "'scuse me, but i couldnt help noticing you mentioned hanna, last i heard she had an argument with a town clerk, working in the town hall, something about "dancing in an unlicenced premisis" i think..."

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 06:53 PM
Dancing on unlicenced premises...what next, are we to be charged for laughing? thinks Axel.

Out loud he says "Where is Rudi now?"

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 06:56 PM
"ive no idea little buddy! his just gone, his left home i would presume...? he lives just down the road. here, heres a spare key if you want to go look, as i was renting the place to him..."

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 06:58 PM
"Cheers." Axel swipes a beer from the table and walks casually out of the door to Rudi's house drinking the beer as he does so.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 07:05 PM
"HEY! THATS MINE!" wolfgang attempts to stand up, but more collapses across the table...

as you come up to rudis house, the house looks deserted, the key fits easy enough, and as you open the door, the entire house is empty bar basic furniture, but then you spot a note.

Written, on a fine piece of parchment, but torn off roughly is a scribbled note:

STARK'S FINE MEATS

Dear Rudi

i am sorry about my insensitive conduct at Herr Fleischers recent fundraiser. Please accept these, by way of appology.

~EMIL STARK, Master Butcher.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 07:07 PM
Axel reads the note and asks around for directions to Stark's butchery.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 07:27 PM
The sign once read "Stark's Fine Meats" but the paint is peeling and the timber below now shows through. the delapidated 2 story building lies next to an abandoned chandlers, and the side of a warehouse that backs onto the wharf.

this is most definately not a nice part of town, and the broken windows, patched up with rough timber on the shop front only adds to the air of delapidation and decay.

the poorly lit shop has a rough curtain seperating the main part of the shop and the butchery. As you enter the shop, the curtain is pulled back and a massivly fat sweating bald man appears from behind the curtain. he grins a toothless smile, and wipes the blood on his hands onto his apron.

"hello!" he says cheerily, "is it pies you be after? or something else?"

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 07:29 PM
"Two things, to be specific. Rudi, and Hanna Fleischer. Where are they?"

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 07:35 PM
"Rudi? Ah, yes. I was treated rather roughly by a man of that name, if i recall correctly. I was angry at first, but later i had to admit that it was my own lack of decorum that lead to the events in question. I have since appologised to Rudi though."

"Hanna? I'm sorry, but i simply dont know where she could be."

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 07:42 PM
Axel slily pulls a razor-sharp throwing dagger under the counter, but is careful he doesn't show the man. "Right, tubby. I suggest you start telling me the truth. Why is it that every time you give someone sausages, they disappear? You poisoning 'em?"

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 07:46 PM
"Seriously, ive no idea what your on about, ive told you what i know, and my sausages are of highest quality! look!" he grabs a sausage from behind the curtain and eats it clearly infront of you. "now, would you kindly leave before you go around accusing people for what you do not know?"

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 07:50 PM
Axel bites back a retort about the man obviously not poisoning the sausages not meant for his victims, flicks him an obscen hand gesture and walks out of the sausage shop, then hides behind the wall, waiting to see what the man does next.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 07:56 PM
after a while, you see Stark give a letter to a street urchin who speeds off the opposite direction down the road.

after annother 5 or so minutes, you see the street urchin return... but this time he looks like his looking for something...

then he spots what his looking for... you!

"ah there ya are! ive been lookin for ya! stark payed me ta deliver this ta Fleicher but he didnt pay me enough... im willing to sell it on to the highest bidder!"

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 07:58 PM
Axel rolls a gold coin over his fingers and flicks it to the urchin. "Enough?"

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:02 PM
"ah, i see ya be actually wantin tha note... heres some extra info, why? cus im so kind thats why!... ive seen stark going to this place every so often, an he looks really guilty when he does." the urchin gives you the note and gives you directions to where stark has been going late at night.

the note is extreamly hastily written, and in some places, rather hard to read, but you manage it, it reads as follows:

Dont expect to see your daughter again, i have you to blame for all of this!... soon my vengence will be complete!

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:04 PM
Axel grabs the note and reads it, then gives it back to the urchin. "Now, I'll have my money back, or I'll tell Stark you're selling his private messages."

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:07 PM
the kid full forcedly kicks you in the knackers and makes a run for it

AG [roll0]

the kid almost gets out of sight before you feel ready to persue, you see him dart down an alley.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:09 PM
When Axel has (finally) recovered, he has no intention of going back to that bastard Stark's so he goes to the place the directions led to (slightly hunched over).

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:15 PM
as you go down a few winding alleys you find your way to a rather out of the way hovel. the door is shut tight, but there is a window that could be easily broken.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:16 PM
Axel picks up a brick and hurls it through the window to smash it, then climbs in himself.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:22 PM
Axel climbs in and surveys the room, he notices a large pile of blanket like cloth and leather, and poking out from the bottom is a foot, shackled to a wooden post.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:24 PM
Axel takes out his favourite knife and pokes the foot.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:27 PM
the foot twitches, and a vaguely female voice mumbles, incohearently.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:28 PM
Axel pulls off the bits of cloth and ...

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:37 PM
make a WP save, im sure you knew that was coming

as you pull off the covers, you find.... hanna?

Hanna has become hideously mutated, her body has doubled in size and open festering sores weep vile fluids from her rotting body. Her blonde hair is matter to her head with puss and greece, her left eye is closed and crusted over with filth. through her blackened swolen lips she mumbles. "Daddy has sent you hasnt he? help me! by shallyas mercy, help me! the fat mans bad sausages have done this to me!" although she is foul to behold, a spark of humanity remains...

she mumbles something about "the sausages... so greedy..." and "Songs in my head, magic songs!...couldnt stop myself!" before she faints.

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:43 PM
[roll0] WP save, WP = ?

Axel vomits on Hanna violently. He then has a look at Hanna and shrugs. He wonders whether to fetch Fleischer, or the Shallyans, or put her out of her misery. Or fetch Fleischer to put her out of her misery.

Axel turns about and walks away to his club for a few drinks to help him decide. Maybe he won't decide tonight.

littlebottom
2009-06-16, 08:47 PM
as you go to head back to the club, the words ring in your head

"soon, my vengance will be complete!....complete! ...complete! compete! ....complete."

Xsesiv
2009-06-16, 08:49 PM
"HOLY CRAP!" yells Axel as with a fit of remembrance he leaps in the air then turns about and runs off to Stark's place, where he slams his axe against the door. "Open up, you sick bastard, or I'll knock the door down!"

littlebottom
2009-06-17, 06:34 PM
the sun set on your way back to starks fine meats... as you look about outside, you notice starks silhouette in the upstairs window, a quick look about shows there is no one in the shop and no one in the street.

as you bang on the door, stark pulls a string, and through the shop door you see some sausages fall from the roof onto the counter, at that moment, a dog jumps up on the counter and grabs the sausages, and starks silhouette disapears.

the dog darts out a small window, but has a bell on its collar, and you can hear it darting down an alley.

Xsesiv
2009-06-17, 06:38 PM
Axel swears violently before moving to chase the dog. The last thing he needs is a hugely mutated dog coming to defend Stark.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 06:24 PM
make me an 6 routine agility tests (to represent a minute) and overall must get a total of degrees of success to catch the dog

the dog ducks and weaves down a system of alleys, making it difficult to keep up, sharp reflexes help to save time from jumping over small fences to dodgeing a passer by in the street.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:28 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
All target 65

I think I made it.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 06:30 PM
you catch the dog after around 40 to 50 seconds of chasing, but the dog doesnt want to give up the sausages...

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:34 PM
OK, I'm guessing S test to pull them out of the dogs mouth?

[roll0] S 22...:smalleek:

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:39 PM
OK trying to excritate the sausages with WS

[roll0] WS 32

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:40 PM
Spending a fortune point

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:41 PM
and again

[roll0]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 06:41 PM
after attemping to get it off the dog several times, it drops the sausages... but time has been wasted. and stark could be getting away!

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:48 PM
Axel sprints back towards Stark's place hitching lifts on carts going that way when he can then when he gets there he charges at the window aimin to smash it and jump in.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 06:52 PM
as you arrive back outside starks place, you notice the light upstairs has been extinguished, and the door is wide open(you also notice the dog seems to have followed you back)

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 06:54 PM
Axel goes inside and slams the door locking the dog out, he then begins to search for Stark, expecting not to find him.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 06:59 PM
as you shut the door, the dog gets in the same way he got out... through a small window...

as you search for stark, you pull back the curtain to see him... currently exiting through a trap door in the floor with a lantern. he notices you there and lifts a small glowing golden amulet and says "RUDI! GET HIM! DESTROY HIM NOW!" ... as he says this, a foul betenticled monstrosity appears from the dark and lumbers towards you, and with that, stark dissapears from view, leaving his lantern in a rush.

(initiative) [roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:02 PM
[roll0]

Axel draws his hatchet and rushes for the trap door.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:07 PM
Rudi, now in the light of the lantern, you can see him for his true uglyness, tenticles, boils, his skin scales, his face no longer human, and he now stands between you and the trapdoor.

waving his tenticled arms about he lets out a hidious cry, that envokes fear into your heart...

(take a will power test or gain an IP)

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:12 PM
[roll0] vs WP 31

Axel runs up the stairs in the appearance of terror, then looks for a nice low window to hide by.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:17 PM
Rudi follows the halfling to the stairs then, being grossly fat, cannot persue... he begins flailing his tenticle arms around again, only this time, knocking over the lantern and setting the building on fire, in seconds the building is alight, and there is a precious few moments to chase stark before the building collapses in the fire...

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:19 PM
Axel rolls some furniture down the stairs to get the mutant out of the way, then rushes down himself and sprints for the trapdoor.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:26 PM
as you charge down the stairs... the dog follows, as you dash for the trap door... the dog follows, as you go down the trap door... guess what? the dog follows obidiently.

Rudi on the other hand is flailing about in pain clumsilly following the agile halfling to the trap door.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:30 PM
Axel looks up at the mutant and wonders how it can fit down a trapdoor but not up some stairs? In any case he goes down the trap door and waits for the mutant, he deliberately gets behind it aiming to blind side it.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:33 PM
Rudi puts his foot over mid air, the trap door... offbalenced, Rudi falls into the trap door and breaks the flooring around him, landing heavily in the sewer, Rudi then clambers to his feet looking for the halfing... who is hidden behind him (very easy to hit, and +2 damage if hit)

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:38 PM
Axel swings his hatchet viciously at the sweet spot behind the mutant's knee.

[roll0] Target 52

[roll1]

He then tries to manoeuvre the mutant into the sewege, hoping he slips.

[roll2] S 32

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:41 PM
[roll0] WS 40 to manuver

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:43 PM
Rudi is now in the sewage half dazed from his fall, he slips

[roll0]
AG:27+10=37

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:46 PM
Axel goes all out on the mutants head with his hatchet

[roll0] WS 32+20 AOA +10 advantage of ground = 62

[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:47 PM
axels hatchett repeatedly... splashes some sewage about...

Rudi climbs to his feet once more. (full action as its harder for him)

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:48 PM
Axel...does the same thing as before.

[roll0]

[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:50 PM
Rudi flails his arms about violently

WS:40

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 07:53 PM
Axel attacks Rudi's head again.

[roll0]

[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 07:57 PM
Rudi, bursts into a ball of flames due to the small fire that was left on him from before, along with the methane in the sewer, rudi takes [roll0] damage irrespective of toughness and armour.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:08 PM
Rudi now lies on the floor, helpless, almost dead, it wouldnt take much to coup de grace him.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:12 PM
Axel nudges him into the sewer face down to drown before looking round for Stark

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:16 PM
in the silence, Axel hears a distant laugh, and a splashing of footsteps in the far distance.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:19 PM
Axel run off towards the noise while putting his hatchet back and drawing a throwing knife.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:22 PM
after running down the pipe, you hear the same manic laugh from a distance... from a turn to the right just infront of you.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:26 PM
Axel takes the right turn, hoping that the man is not throwing his voice.

Strange what you think about in moments like this.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:32 PM
you turn the corner to find that Stark is not throwing his voice, but is at the end of this pipe leading to the river, infront of stark is a thug with his crossbow aimed at you.

due to the slipperyness of the pipe, you cannot run, and your movement is reduced by 1. taking a charge action must also pass a hard agility test or fall over.

[roll0]
[roll1]
BS: 27

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:35 PM
Axel ducks back behind the turn to goad the thug, hoping he will come to him.

"Bastard son of a Snotling," he calls.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:39 PM
"COME ERE N SAY THA'!"

he fires again, out of anger, missing completely as you are out of sight.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:40 PM
"Why? You as deaf as you are stupid?" Axel tightens his grip on the knife as he draws another one.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:43 PM
"take THIS!"

he fires off another crossbow bolt, this one zooms past and embeds in the sewer wall.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:45 PM
Axel looks at the crossbow bolt.

"Wow. You missed three times. A poor shot, deaf, stupid, ugly, Greenskin heritage, you probably like men too...Your mother must be so proud. If Mutants are capable of pride."

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:47 PM

there is no reply, a quick glance round the corner, shows he has gone.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:48 PM
Axel runs as fast as he can without slipping down the tunnel to the exit and leaps through guarding his flanks with the two knives as he does. He takes a look around for Stark or his thug.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:49 PM
the thug was aiming at the exit with his final crossbow bolt

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 08:51 PM
Axel looks at the bolt embedded in his head, decides to deal with it later and hurls a knife at the thug before going for Stark.

[roll0] BS 55

[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 08:58 PM
the thug turns and runs, as he does so, you notice that Stark is untying a bardge at the rivers edge, the bardge has a high mast, and the thug is running for the bardge.

as the thug begins running, stark looks over and sees you. he then pulls a sheet from over the bottom of the mast, reavealing the tilean songbird "Maria Della Miragliano" tied to the mast.

"Maria you witch, use your voice! stop him!"
"No! no!"
"I COMMAND you to!"

stark says this raising the amulet again, you see a distinct green glow around the amulet as maria begins to sing... her voice... so heavenly... you feel transixed.

make a challenging WP test or be stuck to the spot mesmerized by her voice, able to do nothing but drool

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 09:00 PM
Axel...basically will fail this one and be killed by Stark.

[roll0] Target 21

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:02 PM
you are mesmerized by the voice, the thug manages to reach the barge just as Stark unties it, and it begins to cast off, all of a sudden, you break the trance.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 09:06 PM
Axel rushes for the barge with his axe, then leaps towards it and tries to chop into the side near the top for a hand hold.

(what tests do you need there?)

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:07 PM
Axel leaps and JUST makes it, the hatchett embeds into the wooden barge, but axel is clinging on from in the river.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 09:09 PM
Axel tries to climb over the side. [roll0] Ag 55 or S 22

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:13 PM
Stark draws a dagger and slices the throat of the thug "you incompitent fool!"

the death of the thug was not all for the fun of it, as it now gave Stark room to fight,

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 09:15 PM
[roll0]

Axel moves backwards to the edge, hopefully giving Stark room to charge, then he delays.

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:17 PM
"what? you do not advance to attack? after all this time spent chasing me? that is your mistake!"

Stark does indeed charge, but isnt stupid, and is expecting the halfling to try and trip him or send him flying over the edge.

Xsesiv
2009-06-19, 09:18 PM
As the man begns to charge Axel he throws his dagger.

[roll0]

[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:24 PM
[roll0] WS: 30+20=50
[roll1]

Stark swipes with his butchers cleaver at axel

littlebottom
2009-06-19, 09:30 PM
the cleaver comes down and although only dealing 2 wounds, it rends so easily that it deals a +1 critical hit [roll0] to the right arm.

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:04 PM
he laughs manically, leaving an opening (+20 to WS)

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:06 PM
Axel attacks viscously with his hatchet. [roll0] 32+20 [roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:12 PM
stark yells in pain as axel drives the hatchett into him, causing him to drop the amulet, at this moment maria stops singing as the glow in her eyes fades.

stark waves his cleaver clumsilly at axel, holding onto his wound with the other hand [roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:14 PM
Axel attacks Stark for what he hopes will be the last time, aiming to smash th man's face in.

[roll0] 32 [roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:15 PM
stark backs off slightly and launches the cleaver at axel in a last ditch attempt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:18 PM
Axel charges the man, meaning to knock him over the side with his hatchet strike.

[roll0] 32+10 [roll1]

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:20 PM
you hit the defenceless stark, he crmples on the floor in pain, but still alive... just

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:23 PM
Axel takes the mooring rope and ties Stark up just in case he tries to escape. He then goes over to ask the Tilean what was going on. Charm: Fel+10 68 or Intimidate: S 22 Fel 58

[roll0]

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:24 PM
in a panic and a fluster (and still tied to the mast) she simply replys "i.. i didnt want to do it! he, he, he made me do it! i couldnt stop him. IM SORRY FOR WHAT IVE DONE" other than that she mumbles stuff about regret and sorrow.

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:27 PM
Axel goes over to the amulet and has a look at it then pockets it.

Seeing Stark, he hits him on the head with his axe, then pushes Stark over the side (still tied up), before cutting Maria free and then pushing her over the side too.

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:37 PM
as you pocket the watch, you can tell it is a tool of chaos.

stark fights to free himself in the water at first, but then decides to stop fighting it... and slowly but quietly drowns. maria on the other hand, thrashes about violently at first, before swimming back onto the bardge soaking wet before promptly slapping you, she gets rather embarresed as her clothes are slightly see through from the water.

she seems to have straightened out a little. im sorry... i want to thank you for freeing me from stark, please, dont tell anyone i was involved in this... i want to go and start a new life afresh.

roll me an inteligence roll

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:40 PM
Int 38 [roll0]

"Yeah, I'm sorry I pushed you over the side, 'cause I need someone to steer this boat. And I was angry, sorry."

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:42 PM
"we should go back to the harbour, ill find somewhere to get changed and get out of town. you need to explain to the watch what has happened, i heard stark say you burned down his house, so im assuming there will be watchmen snooping about."

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:46 PM
"We should, yes. And I'll try to be careful with that damn Watch."

When they get back to the town Axel passes by Stark's burning house trying to look innocent and throws the Chaos amulet into the flames, then he goes home and opens the tap of one of his ale casks over his mouth.

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:49 PM
Susie welcomes you home with a hug and a kiss, and laughs at you as you open the tap above your mouth.

you do remember something in way of a reward from herr fliecher though for finding out "what happened" to hanna.

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:51 PM
Axel gives Susie a hug back then he nips out again to Fliescher's house and tells him what happened to his daughter.

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:53 PM
as you knock onto his door at this late hour it takes a moment before the door is opened by the servent, but you are let promptly in on mention of hanna.

Fleicher gets out of bed to hear what you have to say. "well? is she ok?!"

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:54 PM
"Actually, no, she's not alright, she's worse than dead, she's rotting in some pit somewhere, hideously mutated. Can I buy some sausages from you?"

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:55 PM
"....take me to her!" he says ignoring the comment of the sausages.

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 07:56 PM
"OK, fine." Axel takes the man to where Hanna was.

littlebottom
2009-06-30, 07:59 PM
upon seeing hanna he weeps.

she was sent to a temple of shallya, but after several months, you hear word she was handed over to the temple of sigmar, and is never heard of again.

back in the normal timeline...

after hanna is taken to the temple of shallya, he gives you 50g and a lifetimes supply of sausages "she.. might not be like she used to be... and she may well die.. but without you, i would never have even known her cruel fate. thank you for all youve done for me.

Xsesiv
2009-06-30, 08:02 PM
Axel goes and commisions for a sign saying "NEW OFFER: FREE SAUSAGES" to be made for the club door before arriving at the butchery with a wheel barrow.