Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
Steel Wind: This actually stays pretty useful up through ECL 11, and even after that. Yes, after BAB +6, you get two iterative attacks, but Steel Wind allows you to move + attack twice at full BAB (mini-pounce). Even after BAB +11, are the odds of both your Steel Wind attacks hitting can be better than your second/third iterative attacks hitting.
Well, after Level 7, Steel Wind isn't very useful because it's obviously inferior to Mithral Tornado (unless you're using a non-spiked-chain reach weapon).

Wolf Fang Strike: You might want to add that Wolf Fang Strike allows you to TWF *without* taking any TWF feats, and the -2 penalty supercedes the usual TWF penalties. There are some quirks to it, too... your off-hand weapon doesn't have to be light (still gets only a -2 penalty). It's also another way to mini-pounce (move + two attacks).
Indeed, it's a lovely way for a low-level Warblade without TWF to get the occasional extra attack using their spiked shield or spiked armor or what have you.

Lion's Roar: Should be blue or turquoise. The extra damage also applies to ranged attacks.
Eh, I like this maneuver, but I thought black was probably more accurate. It's just too situational: you have to drop a foe, have enough other foes remaining so that the encounter isn't already over, have LR readied, have your swift action available, not have any boosts that you'd rather spend your swift action on (like WRT!), have allies that are going to make attacks rather than cast spells, and be at a low enough level that the damage bonus matters. (+5 isn't much at high levels.)

Death From Above: One of my favorites... kinda wish it were turquoise. This is another "free movement" maneuver. Against a medium opponent, you can get another 10' of movement (jump over them), against large/huge you can get up to 20' more movement. Great way to set up flanking, too.
This one, yeah, I could actually see upgrading to cyan. It's a very healthy amount of bonus damage at Level 7. Unlike many strikes it works on everything, and the Jump check is a cinch. Then the free movement is just (delicious) icing on the cake.

Bonesplitting Strike: Another one that I'd like to see turquoise. 2 Con damage, *no save*.
Agreed with Shneekey -- immunity to ability damage should keep this one blue.

Punishing Stance: Should be turquoise. Most warblades are going to spend 90% of their time in this stance, even at higher levels. When you get the ability to be in two stances (Master of Nine, capstone), this is almost always one of them.
Disagree. Yeah, at low levels it might be cyan quality; while I like the low-level White Raven stances, I have to say it's hard to consider any stance besides Punishing Stance optimal at low levels (except Blood in the Water, for a kukri crit-fisher, which scales to high levels much better too).

But at higher levels? Nah, the bonus damage is ok, but there are a number of stances I'd rather use. Hearing the Air, Dancing Blade Form, Thicket of Blades (via feat or dip, or substitute Roots of the Mountain), Wolf Pack Tactics ... or the king of all stances, Stance of Alacrity.