I would certainly not call it an [evil] spell. There are plenty of necromancies that channel negative energy and exactly fail to be evil.

Ray of enfeeblement is just a beautiful beautiful spell, it channels a ray of negative energy to disrupt the strength of the victim, not evil.

Vampric touch, sucks the very vitality out of the victim to strengthen yourself. Necromancy agian, not evil. A nasty trick is for a wiz to cast this puppy when he has a spare action but not touch anything, he'll look unarmed but he'll be packing a WALLOP of a melee attack for the first thing that provokes an AOO from him, or otherwise gets too damn close.

Enervation - ENERGY DRAIN, yes that's negative level whammies! It heals undead with it's negative energy and yet, it's not evil.

Circle of death - A buttload of things drop dead. Agian, not evil

Finger of death - Agian, a death affect that makes things drop dead, and agian, it's not evil.

Soul Bind - RIP the damn soul out of a freshly dead body, trap it into a prison because you feel that bastard just should never get a chance at an afterlife, or life for that matter at a later date. So very damn necromancy, yet it is not evil.

Even energy drain is not evil.

As for the pain bit, you ever hear of the spell "Salt ray"? It's in the WOTC website somewhere, I gave my sailor wizard that spell, it shoots a ray of salt that deals slashing damage, any living being that suffers damage from it must save vs being wracked by such excuciating pain that they end up being stunned for several rounds due to "salt in the wound". It isn't evil. There's a few other spells that deal with excruciating pain, they tend to not be evil, unless you are talking about that one spell that slowly rips off the victim's flesh, layer by layer, but that spell also drives the victim insane from the intense pain dealing mental damage.

There's a few spells that work on or screwing with the head that aren't evil. I mean, if a raging elemental is trying to burn me to a crisp, I'm more then willing to "hurt his feelings" if it gives me an opening. For something to be evil, the spell must be over the top gratuitously and creatively painful and violent. I mean, being hit by a lightningbolt doesn't exactly tickle, but that doesn't make it any more evil.

It's rather hard to find evil spells in fact. An evil spell though is blackfire from complete arcane.

You light someone with a black fire that consumes there very essence, draining away their constitution and nauseating them in the process. The flame spreads to any other living beings so when used in a crowd soon everyone is writhing in agony as their very essence is consumed away, leaving nothing but a pile of greasey ashes when they are reduced to 0 constitution. THAT is an evil spell, that spell is so evil, that it is mandatory, by federal law, to cackle with insane glee every time you throw it into a crowd. THAT is how evil taht spell is.

A spell that makes elementals drop dead, even via necromancy is not evil. Making living beings drop dead via necromancy isn't evil. So neither should that spell.

As for the component for fire, since you used graveearth for a earth elemental, why not the ashes of a cremated person for fire?

Addendum: There is the "Orb of" series in complete arcane, almost every single one has a secondary affect, such as slamming a victim for massive acid damage AND forcing a save vs being sickened. Yet it isn't evil.