Quote Originally Posted by felinoel View Post
Here is something I did in a campaign before, I basically used my Wood Shape spell constantly, first for little things like wood shaping little deity trinkets to sell in towns, to using my religion knowledge checks to making an eight foot tall, three foot wide replica of what the town considered their deity to look like. Is this within the rules? I see the only description for the spell states that fine detail is 'impossible' but the only thing it gives for this is moving parts have a 30% chance of not working... so I guess siege weaponry would require a 30% check? How about if one had ranks in Craft: Siege Weapons, Profession: Siege Weapon Crafter, and Knowledge: Siege Weapons?

Making trinkets and a statue is OK by the rules. The trinkets and statues would not have fine detail, but would otherwise look alright.

If the townsfolk worship Thor, you could make wooden hammers easy enough.

If a town thinks their god looks like 'a strong guy with a sword', you could sure make a wooden statue of that....but it won't look too much like their god, just a vague statue. It might be enough to pass and make some people happy though.

A DM might give you a hard time about 'fine' detail, so a good trick is to stick to simple stuff. You could make an eight foot wooden hammer for the Thorites for example with no 'fine' details.

The spell woodshape will always have the 30% failure chance with moving parts...no matter your skills in craft.