Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
I hate shardminds. Well, I hate them mostly because WotC tries to give them something resembling boobs in their pictures. But I find them really pointless. We still don't have, say, goblinoids as actual races in 4e (just a stub in the MM) but we get, uh, shardminds?
I was greatly unimpressed with the Monk. Finally having a psionic monk felt like an improvement and I was looking forward to seeing one in action. One of my friends roled a Monk and... man... was it horrible. Our Warden routinely did more damage than him and even the Wizard was tougher than Mr. Monk.
Sadly, I have yet to find any DM who allows hybrids. I really wanted to play an AvengerlSwordmage but then WotC just had to nerf Avenger's AC (and now they suck).
People have mentioned that power points are borked, but I never say them in play, so I really don't know. Feels like a much needed mechanic to break 4e's constant 'everyone is the same' mantra.
Avenger's are the strongest they've ever been (which is quite potent) and it helps to think about monks as a blend of multitarget striker and soft controller. Sort of like an up close and personal sorcerer or seeker.